3.9/5 (644 ratings)

About Orbitz

Orbitz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orbitz?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orbitz?

Original review: June 29, 2022

Rented a car with sixth rental car with Orbitz. At arrival price doubled and orbitz refused to help. I never heard back from orbitz. Their suggestions was to cancel the car and would left me stranded in a foreign country with no transportations. Terrible customer service and they don’t care. Stay away from orbitz.

Original review: June 13, 2022

We purchased a hotel room and we paid for insurance in case we need to cancel it! We called back to cancel it 2 hours after booking and it's been 2 months 5 days to check in and although we already have an open claim with the insurance and the insurance said we can get our money from Orbitz a month ago but Orbitz has been super ignorant! Last time I called customer service told me everything was resolved and we will get our refund in 3-5 days(10 days ago) and right now I'm on the phone and the customer service says it's not refundable! We should have booked with another company! Orbitz is not honest at all! We've been going through so much stress right before our vacation because Orbitz doesn't do its job!!!

Original review: May 24, 2022

Upon arriving at the hotel in Monterey we found that it in no way met the descriptions given on the Orbitz listing. In fact, our impressions of the hotel interior, exterior, and surroundings were so bad that we decided to turn around and walk away from the place, even when knowing that we would lose our almost $900 payment. Luckily, we were able to get a nice room at a slightly lower cost at a nearby Mariott.

My complaints against Orbitz is that this hotel never should have been given anything close to the posted four-star rating. Also, after us having seen it and deciding to not check in at the hotel, Orbitz handled this as a general cancellation without allowing us to post a review to inform other travelers. We did contact Orbitz in an unsuccessful attempt to get at least some of our money back. This did not come as a surprise, since the refund policy had been clearly stated. However, it should be noted that Orbitz appears to not screen hotels for misleading posts.

Original review: May 15, 2022

I booked a flight for my mom from Atlanta to London. I had to cancel the flight and was issued a flight credit with KLM. Terms of use of this credit includes the fact that I have to 1yr to use the credit, the credit can only be used with KLM and all I needed to do was to access the credit, select my flight and apply the credit. So yesterday I tried booking the flight as directed. When I got to the checkout portion of the booking, there was no way to apply the credit. I called Orbitz and was given the run around for 3hrs! Ended with an excuse that the systems were not synced yet and I should try later. I called the next day and more run around.

I found a flight with the itinerary I wanted on Orbitz and KLM's site for $1771 but the agent and eventually the supervisor claimed they same itinerary was $2300 on their end and with my credit I will pay $1000. I was incensed. The same flight was showing $1771 on Orbitz and KLM and if they had only given me a chance to apply my credit at checkout the only out of pocket increase for me would have been approximately $500. Why would they quote a hight charge? The guy kept saying that's what KLM was giving them. So I asked for them to refund my money so I could just rebook and it was a flat no. So Orbitz is not only stealing my money, they won't let me use the credit on a flight as they promised when the credit was issued. Mind you, I spent another 3hrs with them making a total of 6hrs this weekend alone. This is a very horrible company to work with and I want my credit as promised.

Original review: May 13, 2022

So, we're having major issues with Orbitz - we had a flight cancelled, just cancelled, no alternatives, and now Orbitz is refusing to give us our refund of $3700. Five times they've said they would do it, or call us right back, but of course they never do. Now it's on to regulatory boards, the BBB and possible legal action against them. Their call center is in (I think) India, so you can forget anything that even remotely resembles customer service.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Orbitz (Expedia Group) scams people. DO NOT USE ORBITZ!!! I have been trying to get the refund for the cancelled flight back in 2020 due to COVID 19. Since, their excuses and stories for why they can't refund me or validate a voucher have been changing. They first blamed the airline company, then they said the voucher has been expired (the voucher they issued was not usable hence I am still fighting for my money back). Now they tell me the airline directly refunded me already, which is not true because the airline company emailed me with a statement saying that they NEVER transfer a refund directly to customers because the price of a ticket fare for refunds, penalties or fees are calculated by travel agencies.

The last response from Orbitz I just received is to check in with my bank because that is the "best place to address my concern." People purchase tickets online with credit cards, not with bank transfers. Orbitz's agents must be hired and paid for being dumb or not caring at all for complicated matters. Why would I check with my bank? The airline company informed me last year that Orbitz collected the refund on Feb. 13, 2021 and Orbitz refuses to refund me or issue a voucher that I can use. E-Dreams (I also had another booking through E-Dreams in 2020) took my case seriously and refunded me 100% months ago whereas Orbitz has stolen my money and tells me to check in with my bank. Orbitz DOES NOT HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS. THEY ONLY SUCK MONEY OUT OF THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Original review: May 7, 2022

We rented a vehicle to drive to Houston, Texas. My husband was diagnosed with Cancer and we had to go to MD Anderson Cancer Center. We rented a car for an allotted amount of time. We finished with all of the doctors appointments a few days early. So when we returned it 2 days early, I asked for a refund for the unused time. We were denied and said no refunds would be allowed even when we returned it early. Terrible service! How can you charge for unused time. And especially when we could use that money towards our medical bills! I made multiple calls and even requested for a manager to return a call to me so I could speak with them about it all. I never received a call at all, even after calling multiple times. I would NOT rent from them!!

Original review: April 30, 2022

I never write reviews, but they should be shut down and they are a total scam. I booked a flight on the phone with one of their travel agents, who accidentally BOOKED ME ON THE WRONG FLIGHT. But hey, mistakes happen, and I called them back to correct the flight. I thankfully was able to get in touch with the same woman who made the mistake. She admitted her fault on the phone, booked me on the correct flight, and said I would get refunded the full amount for the flight that she accidentally booked. However, I never got the refund back in my account. I called again, I spoke to someone else who admitted their mistake, but said that I would only get flight credit, but NO REFUND. I then asked to speak to a manager, and they said I would have to wait 24 hours and they would call me. Of course, I never get a call. They scammed me out of money for a mistake that they made. If I had a lawyer on retainer, I would sue. DO NOT use this company.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I had a hotel coupon for a place in California for a trip I was suppose to take but Covid happened. I am only just starting to travel again and had remembered that I had this coupon so I logged onto the site and tried to make a reservation but the hotel no longer operates as a hotel. Orbitz initially said I could only use the coupon at that hotel (but the hotel website clearly says you can't book anything at that location). After a few more calls to Orbitz they finally said I could use the coupon towards another hotel but only in that city. I live in Michigan, the trip was for a music concert in California and I don't have plans to go there anytime soon. Rather than trying to work with me to use the coupon for a city that I am actually traveling to they have my money and lost a customer. Goodbye Orbitz.

Original review: April 16, 2022

More than a month ahead, I booked premium economy tickets to NYC -- including specific seats. I have it in writing. But I don't have those seats, it turns out, because Orbitz never confirmed the seats with the airline. Instead of the window and aisle that I booked, we'll be in 2 middle seats -- obviously not together. Orbitz is very apologetic -- and agrees that it's their fault -- but they're not prepared to do anything to remedy the situation. The lesson is clear: skip Orbitz and book directly with the airline.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Terrible experience when I was ready to fly one week before I found out that Airline cancelled my trip., I was looking for alternatives to fly, no successful., They refund my flight but not the Hotel because the Hotel and Orbitz policy… At the end I lost my money because the hotel refused to reimburse it

Original review: April 4, 2022

This company works with scam artists!! They collected my money months ago for a unit and when I got here the person didn’t even respond, they never gave me a code for the apartment and then it was extremely difficult to talk to people from Orbitz/Vrbo on the phone, they kept hanging up on me, dropping my calls, putting me on hold for over 30 minutes at a time… So I was just sitting in a Target for 4 hours with all of my luggage trying to figure out what the ** I was going to do. Waiting for them to email or call me back … or trying to call them but it was always 10-15 min before someone would answer.

Eventually they put me in a really gross Days Inn for 2 of the 6 nights. (It wasn’t even close to the caliber of home I initially intended to rent. In a crack head part of town. I was scared to leave my belongings in the room!) My plane landed at 3:00, I wasn’t in a hotel until 8:30!!! THEN they told me they would email or call about finding a booking for the last 4 days of the trip. They never called or emailed about it, and stopped answering the phone altogether!

The second day I finally took it upon myself to use them again (through ORBITZ!?!) to get another unit closer to family since the first three days of my trip I was stuck at this hotel that I was scared to leave my belongings at, the second host was also unresponsive and finally just sent a refund! At least this person sent the full refund back but either way Vrbo continued to tell me that it would take 7 to 10 business days to get my money back… So now I’m out 1800$ and they want me to book AGAIN?!? Told me to wait for an email or call from them to set up a verified host, again, never called or emailed to find me a verified and responsive host/place. They didn’t treat me like a priority at all.

After the second host canceled I did get a hold of someone at Orbitz/Vrbo, finally, after being on hold forever and I was starting to cry because this whole situation had made me sick to my stomach, not knowing where I was going to stay and being stuck in a garbage hotel, I told him I need them to expedite the refunds because I can’t just keep forking over nearly $1000 at a time for homes. His response was to “just get an economical hotel” and when I said that, "I don’t feel safe here" (I am a female traveling alone!) and that, "I want my money back so I can get a nice hotel" his response to this was, “why would you come to a vacation without a penny in your pocket?” WHAT!!!? Are you serious?

Your team is so unprofessional, I am in the worst distress, I’m here to visit with family who isn’t going to be here much longer and I may never see again, but instead I am fighting to try and get a hold of someone on the customer care team! Struggling to get a place to stay last minute during spring break in Florida! They never called or emailed me to try and make it right, they never called or emailed me to try and set me up with a verified unit, and the first person that was scamming me still hasn’t sent the full refund! I will be reporting this company to the State's Attorney General, the BBB, and telling everyone I know that this company does not vet their hosts, they take your money instantly but don’t even care if you get into a unit!

Original review: April 2, 2022

After years of using Orbitz we had an absolutely dreadful experience with them. The incompetence is incredible. Whoever is running this business is running it into the ground. I liked booking with Orbitz in the past because I travel regularly for business and I know all my travel documents and plans are in one place. In March I booked a round trip flight to Hartford for business. Two weeks before my trip I learned that I needed to change my outbound flight for the following morning. I tried to do it online, but the system was constantly down. So, I called and waited on hold. When an agent came on, I told him what I wanted to do. He put me on hold for 45 minutes, and when he returned he had rebooked my flight for the next day without asking me what time I wanted to fly out.

I told him he booked the wrong time, so he put me on hold for another 45 minutes to see if he could correct it. When he returned he said the system wouldn’t let him make the change because there was a $9 tax. I said, "Fine, I’ll pay the tax," but the system wouldn’t take it. I asked for a supervisor. No supervisors available. The next day, I tried again. Now I have an outbound trip scheduled which is too late for me to get to my meeting on time. I asked the new agent to transfer me back to the original flight. After another hour, he returned saying all the seats on the original flight had been sold! My husband spent 90 minutes on the phone trying to get it fixed, and I also spend another 90 minutes on the phone without accomplishing what I needed.

I also had a credit of $410 in my “credit” file from a cancelled trip due to Covid, which expired in two days. One agent said if he had my AAdvantage member # he could extend that date for six months. I gave him the # and he left to get that fixed. After being on hold for another 45 minutes, I got disconnected! While I was online, I literally saw the $410 disappear from my credit file. I called back and asked for a supervisor again. No supervisors available. He could put in a request to have one call me back in 72 hours. No one ever returned my call. So I still don’t know if I’ll get the $399 credit for the flight I changed, and the $410 I had in my credit from Covid has disappeared and there’s no one to talk to. Is it possible to give zero stars?

Original review: March 31, 2022

I've made a car rental in advance (1,5 month before). Two weeks later I want to change the dates but agent told me it is difficult to do it so instead of that I should cancel the reservation for free and make another one.. I saw 100 USD cancelation fee so I asked the agent if they will charge me for that. I have a screenshot where agent is telling me I will get full refund and no fees will be taken- and still they charged me 100 usd cancellation fee. I've send a claim showing the conversation with agent - but they don't care. This is a company which doesn't take any responsibility for their support agents action and knowledge. They should be fined with enormous penalty - maybe that will change their attitude.

Original review: March 30, 2022

My wife and I booked a 17-day All-Inclusive vacation for October 2021. It started out as a complete nightmare thanks to Orbitz (I will NEVER EVER EVER use Orbitz again). When we got to the resort, Orbitz had only booked us a room, not the all-inclusive that we paid for. We spent our entire first day sitting in the resort lobby calling Orbitz over and over and over, and each time we would end up getting disconnected by them. Even the resort tried calling them and they hung up on the Resort too. They also lied every time we'd ask to speak to a Supervisor and they'd tell us they had no Supervisors on duty. Really? We never did get anyone at Orbitz to help us. So out of the blue, we were looking at having to spend a HUGE chunk of money that we didn’t have on us ($1,700.00), that we shouldn’t even have to spend. It was such a complete mess.

I showed the resort our reservation, and luckily they were sympathetic and cut us a deal on the cost (Gave us the All-Inclusive for $600). I don't know what we'd have done otherwise. Then, for the next 9 days I called, messaged, used the chat on their website, Facebook Messenger, Facebook page, you name it. They were doing everything they could to avoid us. I called them in excess of 50 times. Therefore I started posting our story on their Facebook page over and over every few hours. Finally, I guess they realized I wasn't going to relent so after NINE days they finally got in contact with me. NINE DAYS. Most people's vacation would already be over by then!!

Orbitz' finally caved in and paid us what we paid out of pocket to the resort for the AI. However, it's only 1/3 of the cost of what we paid Orbitz (Repaid us $600 when we'd paid them $1,700 for the AI). To this date (it's been 6 months now), they have REFUSED to pay us back the rest of what we paid them for the AI. Instead they blame the hotel as if it is somehow the hotel's fault. They keep telling us "we are advocating on your behalf with the hotel". Why? The hotel didn't do anything wrong. What is there to advocate??

We have finally launched a complaint with the BBB. Our next course of action will be to file a lawsuit in small claims court. The cost of the all inclusive is $100 per day (roughly) per couple, and we booked for 17 days. Orbitz only paid us back for $600. Therefore, they owe us roughly $1,100 and they need to refund the remaining amount to us. They were paid for something that they did not provide; they are not entitled to keep the money, despite the fact that they seem to think that they are.

Taking in to consideration that we spent our entire first day in the hotel lobby trying to rectify this issue unsuccessfully, then spent the following 9 days dealing with this issue multiple times per day every day, I am of the belief that Orbitz should do something slightly better than just simply refunding the amount that they didn’t pay the hotel. Clearly, however, I won’t count on them ‘doing the right thing’ since they don’t even want to refund the money that they owe us, and somehow are of the belief that screwing up 9 or 10 days of someone’s vacation is rectified by a $150 travel voucher. Yes, they screwed up our vacation, kept a large percentage of our money, and they think a $150 travel voucher makes us even. Seriously??? Like I would ever use their company again after a mess like this???!!!!!

All I can say is stay as far away from this company as possible. Their customer service is in India or something and it is HORRIBLE. If you need help on your trip from Orbitz, you will be **!!! Save yourself the time, the grief and the misery, and book hotels, flights, and rental cars directly on your own. It has been SIX MONTHS now, and this mess remains unresolved.

Original review: March 23, 2022

After years of using Orbitz we had an absolutely dreadful experience with them this last October, 2022. We had booked a 17 day All-Inclusive trip to Mexico before COVID started. Due to COVID and travel restrictions, we had to defer the trip. When we were finally able to take the trip we contacted Orbitz and scheduled it. By that time the cost of the resort and airfare had gone up, understandably, so we paid the extra amount they stated was required for the trip.

We get to the resort in Mexico and go to check in, only to find out Orbitz only booked us a room. They didn’t book us the All-Inclusive we had paid for. We called Orbitz and explained what was going on and they hung up on us. The resort called them and they hung up on the resort. This happened over and over and over. We asked to speak to a Supervisor numerous times and each time we asked we were told there were no supervisors on duty. Really? We spent the entire first day of our trip sitting in the hotel lobby trying to get ahold of someone at Orbitz to rectify the problem. In the meantime, we paid the resort for the All-Inclusive portion out of our pocket so we’d be able to have food and drink.

For NINE days we contacted Orbitz via phone, email, Facebook, their online chat, you name it. We wasted a TON of our vacation dealing with their absurdly horrible customer service. Orbitz finally ended up refunding us what we paid extra to the resort out-of-pocket for the All Inclusive. To this day, Orbitz has never paid us back what we originally paid for the All-Inclusive when we purchased the package through them. Orbitz has just taken that money and stuck it in their bank and enjoyed.

All in all, this is the absolute worst experience I have ever had dealing with travel. I contacted Orbitz at LEAST 75 times before getting ANY resolution whatsoever. Dealing with Orbitz was an absolute nightmare, and at the end of the day they screwed up our vacation and ripped us off. Despite having used Orbitz for years, we will never use them again. They have people at the ready to take your money, but when they screw up, there is NO ONE available to talk to. This was the worst experience ever, and I won’t make the mistake again. As far as I am concerned, Orbitz owes us a refund or another vacation. PERIOD.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Their site advertises "Free Cancellation" by a certain date and takes prepayment and they later claim their "travel partner" charges a 25% penalty when you try to cancel well within the pre-stated date). What!!! They do a complete bait and switch and act as though it has nothing to do with them (even though you paid them!) AND you have a copy of stated deadline in writing. Please do not trust Orbitz for your bookings. ⁸

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Due to Covid shutdown, I’ve requested a refund. Orbitz stated that they need approval from hotel since reservations was not refundable and can only provide a coupon for same hotel stay. The Hotel sent an email to Orbitz stating that they never got any payment on their end and approved refund. Orbitz sent me an email stating they are processing the refund. One day later they decline the refund! Hotel never got their money and Orbitz is going to keep all of it!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Reference: **. Zero. Thieves. I booked 7 days and I only used 3 days. I tried to change the booking when I realized that I was only staying for 3 days before I arrived at the property but the Orbitz website simply points you to ‘contact property’. And that was what I did, but the customer service guy at property told me it wasn’t a problem as long as I inform Expedia (doing business as Orbitz). That’s exactly what I did, coming to find out, 3 days after I checked out that they, Expedia, have actually charged me the full 7 days instead of the 3 day stay to my credit card! So I proceeded to contact their customer support.

Their customer support is simply junk. I chatted with this guy called Eljoe D, who tried to convince me that they in the business of making money by being a broker. He ended up by pretending to have placed a call to the Hilton Cartagena Hotel, and came back a said he tried several times and they weren’t answering. Which was **! Well I am going to put this out all over online for all to see. This is the last time I will ever do any business with Orbitz or Expedia or both. What a scam and a junk. Rip off. Run with your eyes wide open.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Booking was fine, paying $7,000 for 2 tickets to Europe, but when Air Canada changed dates of flights, Orbitz agents could not work with Air Canada to get new flights. I called Air Canada and was able to get satisfactory new flight information, but they said I had to get Orbitz to request the changes, Orbitz agents could not. I tried the online chat, but that feature connects to a bot, not a real person. I was on the phone for over 7 hours over two days before asking to cancel the flights and get a refund. After arguing about the refund versus credit with Air Canada and asking for a supervisor, the agent said he could make the refund, but that it would take 12 weeks for that to happen.

The next day I checked on the review refund status button on their web site and found that they had issued a credit with Air Canada. Not a refund. There is no way to email customer service and the agents in India have trouble with the English language, and appear to only be able to read items off a checklist, instead of helping to solve problems. I finally had to use the credit card company to dispute the charge, that Orbitz charged me for a product that they could not or would not deliver. I will never use Orbitz again. You can use the website to find suitable flights, but you should then contact the airlines directly to book the flights. Or use the competitor, KAYAK.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Booked a flight overseas. Singapore Air calls and says Americans can't deplane in Hong Kong and I need to change my ticket and to call Orbitz. Orbitz agents ASSURE me they've fixed it so I don't deplane into the airport. So I fly all the way to SFO and what? Singapore Air has no knowledge of any change and the itinerary the Orbitz agent gave me is not real? Fake? Orbitz informs me Singapore Air owes me a refund even though I never boarded any of their flights. Orbitz steals my ticket money, sends me on a wild goose chase to another state only to get turned back because the agents LIED.

Since they can't reach Singapore air by phone or email (nor can I, get a busy signal calling all their numbers) and they've decided the airline is responsible somehow I'm just out my ticket money. No queries to Orbitz get anything but a snotty "Well there wasn't a problem with the flight so you should have been able to strongarm your way onto the plane?" Or "well you did fly out of state so you get no refund." I flew out of state to connect to overseas flight? I didn't get on that plane for my health or for fun! If you've been scammed by Orbitz I think messaging them on Twitter gets a faster response.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I purchased my round ticket. I paid $63.00 for luggage, and $22.00 for traveler's insurance in case I needed to change dates. I tried to reschedule my flights due to omicron high infection rates but they asked me to contact the airline directly. The airline did not honor my insurance and charged me $140.00 for their "combo protection" to insure my flights plus $69.00 for luggage. I am frustrated and furious for their lack of responsibility and their evilness. Orbitz and Volaris are such thieves. If you go with them you end up paying more than they promise. This is my second bad experience with both. Please Be Careful.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Beware using Orbitz!! Worst ever experience!!! I am sitting on unusable $1800 worth of credits. Tried to apply credits for cancelled tickets and the agent told me I couldn't cause they expired. Yet I have an email from Orbitz that says they won't expire for another month and that I have a full year to use the tickets. They acknowledge the emails they sent me and that my orbitz account have credits that can be redeemed but they maintain they couldn't honor them because of the airline policy. I am dumbfounded cause the only communication about credits is from Orbitz and not the airlines. Multiple calls with different agents and supervisor yielded the same negative results. They are trained to just ignore you and not fix the issues.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

When I canceled my flight, and tried to rebook them with the current pricing, not only they refuse to give me the up-to-date price, which would cost me half as much, but I got charged old pricing + 2000 $ more in fees!!! Plus I got worse seating than previously booked! I wanted to warn everyone not to work with them, because of the business which don't treat us well as customers they deserve to go down, so hopefully better businesses have room to resurface.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I rented a car to pick up in Victoria - my flight was delayed 3 times - each time I called Orbitz and advised them. When we got to the airport the rental company Thrifty was closed (they closed at 4 PM) - at no time were we advised of that nor was there anyone there to assist us. Having called Orbitz many times, being transferred many times and dealing with staff who know nothing - I have got nowhere. I am still fighting to get back the prepaid insurance. I would not use Orbitz for absolutely anything and will be spreading the word as much as I can.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

Once we cancelled our transaction with them. They continued to bother us about giving them another form of payment instead of giving us authorization to our tickets. Got mad and hung up on us. HORRIBLE.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Rented a car through Orbitz where I needed to put down a $200 deposit. Actual car rental company was terrible and rented our car out and had no more rentals leaving us stuck at the airport with no car. Rental agency could not refund the money and said to contact booking agency. Called Orbitz customer service multiple times and got either disconnected right away, within a few minutes, or after being on hold for 30 min. They were unable to get a hold of ANYONE at the rental car agency (WITH WHO THEY DO BUSINESS WITH) after many attempts and after trying on different days. Still waiting to hear back for my refund...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

I booked a trip with Orbitz and they provided my hotel with the incorrect dates. When I called the hotel to confirm my reservation 4 days before my arrival (just out of curiosity) the hotel told me Orbitz provided them with different dates and they are responsible for providing the correct updated information. When I called Orbitz, I was met with incompetent representatives (more than one) who continuously provided me with incorrect and inconsistent information. The second representative could not even tell me if my case was schedule for high priority or not! When I asked to speak with a manager I was told this was not possible because everyone is working from home. I will NEVER book with them again!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Absolutely the worst experience of my life at MCO/Easirent and Orbitz. We booked our rental through Orbitz and upon arrival Easirent vans were not easily marked with only a small magnet on the front hood. Upon arrival at their facility, we noticed there were about 20-30 people waiting. I walked in and asked what is going on as a gentleman was arguing with the staff. I asked a lady how long she had been waiting, and she said over 1 1/2 hrs. I asked the staff what I needed to do, and they sign in and wait to be called. I can overhear the tenants trying to sell additional coverage to people telling them if you don't purchase the additional coverage, we can't rent you the car. REALLY? Well, when you rent the vehicle online, it's optional just like every other car rental.

A complete scam and disgrace by this organization and anyone associated with this organization is part of the fraudulent business practice. We tried to get our refund of $200 and both Orbitz and Easirent refused to refund us our money. NEVER, EVER again...I am going to make sure this gets posted everywhere so people will know to stay away. Orbitz should be ashamed and disgusted with their customer service and who they do business with. A complete scam.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Have been trying for almost to years to get a refund that Orbitz says they provided but I have not received. All I get is canned answers from online and trying to work with her customer service department is impossible. I’ve tried to speak to supervisors and I’m told they will call me back but I never received a call. I have been told they are running a trace on my refund three times but I never hear back from them. I have contacted them over 200 times and never a response except for a canned, "Will get back to you" then when they get back to me they say a refund was provided. This company is a very bad company for consumers. Stay away.

Orbitz Company Information