3.33/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 11, 2018

667 Marriott Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 11, 2018

I had the most horrific experience with Marriott. I've stayed with them a few times in the past and booked my employees with them. I've had issues with them once or twice before but nothing to this magnitude. I booked someone for a hotel a couple of weeks ago at a $299 rate for all 4 nights staying. They increased the rate for every night of the person's stay and it went up to $899 for the final night's stay. That is absolutely crazy to me! Anyways, after arguing and having to get downright nasty with them, they still didn't want to budge or refund the money that they owed me. They think they are superior and that nothing will put a dent in their wallets but I work for a large corporation. I hope you will take my advice and not stay with them. The guys behind the scenes don't care about their customers at all. I've never been treated so badly by a hotel, so I'm happy to say I won't be using them ever again.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My boyfriend and I have stayed at the Marriott several times. We were so close to the staff that they would hug us coming and going. Our last stay was in March of this year. Our room was cleaned on our last night there. We were down at the bar/restaurant having dinner and drinks. When we arrived back to our room, all of our belongings were stolen and our mattress was bare.

We immediately called the front desk and they said they would “look into it.” This was on a Sunday night and we had to work Monday at 6am. 5am rolled around and we still did not have our belongings or a callback. We went down to the front desk and sat for 5 hours without a resolution. We both had to call out of work for this and they were not willing to do anything! We have filed a police report and gotten to the top of Marriott corporate. They still are saying “We’re sorry, if we find your items we will ship them to you.” Absolute worst company I have ever interacted with. They are horrible at customer service. Please please do not stay here. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels in the US and I have NEVER had my items stolen.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 27, 2018

We enjoyed the ambiance and the friendly staff and accommodations at this Fairfield Marriott in Temecula, Ca. Very modern hotel, comfortable, nice pool, and a lovely lounging area. Bed was comfortable, the breakfast was very delicious and had many selections. The price of the room was a bit high priced, but it was on a weekend.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Salt lake city, Utah - Excellent concierge services and very clean. Very customer oriented. Convention center location is perfect. All staff members were polite, accommodating and happy! All inquiries and needs were met with enthusiasm. And love Starbucks in the lobby.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn in Holtsville, NY for 6 weeks and had a very pleasant experience. The staff couldn't have been more helpful & extremely nice. Whatever we needed they got it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Original review: March 26, 2018

I had a very nice room in Marriott Hotel Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Staff was wonderful. Good room service. Price was a little on the high side but it is a midtown location. Close location to the events we were going to.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I stayed at a Marriot Hotel in Fairfield, Ca for several months for work and I was very comfortable. The rooms were very large. I had a studio and it was suitable enough to live in. The place is clean, quiet and has good breakfast and evening meals. It was a great home away from home. The gas fireplace was an added benefit that was a great amenity. The kitchenette and full size refrigerator were perfect when I cooked at home otherwise the evening snacks were sufficient for meals. The staff were EXCELLENT!!! The management always went out of their way to provide excellent service. They were always proactive and listened to their clients. Very friendly and accommodating staff. As an example when I was ill they went to the store for me to purchase an item and brought it to my door within 15-20 minutes. The evening that I checked in they called my room to see if it was to my satisfaction.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I refused to stay in Boston over parents weekend, at $350.00/night & up. The Boston Marriott in Burlington, MA was affordable (mother & 2 daughters) and close to my daughter's college. Good service. Rooms are very clean, comfortable & nice. Also, parking was civilized: no charge and easily available. I'm totally happy at this hotel and will stay there again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

The staff at both hotels could not have been better in Vienna and Woodbridge, VA. The staff, quality and amenities were more than excellent. The whole family enjoyed the entire weekend. Dining room layout left a little to be desired, mostly for couples, in their defense we were traveling with a fairly large group of eleven.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Well how about pre paying for a room and Marriott saying the room isn't paid for. Then a rude agent does nothing to help the situation, claiming they can't even discuss the reservation with you. Pathetic, crappy customer service. They should be embarrassed. Find another hotel chain. If you have a problem they will do nothing to fix it!

Original review: March 23, 2018

Marriott Hotels San Francisco, California, USA is a quality full service hotel. All you need to do is ask and your request will be accommodated with a smile, rooms are quiet and very comfortable. Amenities, linens, closet space ample. Customer service based hotel with class and style.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My experience in the Chambersburg, PA location was great overall. The staff was friendly and Sarah, the location manager, is a pleasure to work with. She always seems to know my name and goes the extra mile to ensure my stay was a great experience.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I loved that Marriott Courtyard in Dallas, TX, USA & didn't want to leave it! Everything at this Marriott Courtyard looked new, pristine & clean. The breakfast buffet was lovely. The rate was 30% less than I paid for a room at a nearby filthy rundown Motel 6 with broken door lock!

Original review: March 21, 2018

I rarely write a blistering review, but Marriott & SPG have earned this one. I received a notice that I could link my Marriott Rewards and SPG rewards accounts, and that my Marriott status would apply to SPG. That occurred; however, I was 4 days away from platinum status (75 nights) with all Marriott stays, and decided to book a 20-night stay at a Sheraton property (much more expensive). I since learned that those 20 nights WON'T apply to my Marriott rewards status. Called the SPG rewards customer service, and was told this is their policy - there is nothing they will do to remedy the situation - and, it will be another year before the account sync process will be finalized. Marriott - SPG executives, brilliant policy decision - mistreat your most loyal customers, because of your system sync issues, and don't allow for a manual override of the policy to appease us. Client delight score - less than zero...

Original review: March 21, 2018

Marriott has always been a good place to stay in any of the hotels. The one in Alabama was very clean and the workers were fair, respectful, and hospitable. There was also a good parking.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Although we were only in their Detroit, Michigan branch overnight, the staff was very helpful and pleasant. The rooms were clean and it was very quiet. We thought the breakfast nice but very overpriced.

Original review: March 20, 2018

The new "Marriott" is the old Sofitel, a hotel I had frequented in the 80s & 90s. It is just as pleasant an experience now as it was then. The ambience at the Edina, MN location is all there, from the front desk to the room. The restaurant has changed... not for the better. Under the Sofitel banner it was French, and very comfortable. Now it has been changed to an open environment which is quite noisy. They're trying hard, but missing.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I like the location of the Marriott Hotel in Beorne, TX. It is a nice place to stay with a friendly staff. The hotel is clean and pleasant. My only complaint is the pet policy. Online, it says the hotel is pet friendly so I picked a room. No mention of an up-charge online. Got surprised at check-in. I think charging an extra $50 for a small dog is ridiculous.

Original review: March 19, 2018

The staff at the Birmingham, Al Marriott was professional & courteous. And quite helpful when I had to unexpectedly, extend my stay an extra night. Enjoyed the accommodations and the location was excellent. The experience was pleasant.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Marriott Hotel in Washington, DC is a beautiful place and excellent customer service. All the staff was very friendly and accommodating, the room was nice and the concierge suite was well-stocked and keep extremely tidy. The price of the room was great for my stay.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Marriott in Overland Park MO. As I am writing this review at 2am and since the beginning of the evening there are dozens and dozens of people on the floor screaming, drinking, shouting. Reported to the front desk numerous times since 10 pm and staff acknowledge the problem but was not able to control the chaos. This is an executive floor - meant for business. Hotel hosted and sold rooms to attendees of Masonic conference and placed hundreds of them throughout all floors. Cannot tell either because hotel allowed members of masonic group free behavior or hotel staff could not control them, but drinking screaming partying right in the corridors was going on until 2 am. Total disregard for other people staying at the hotel. Hotel could keep at least one floor for other customers, but they didn't. Impossible to sleep or rest at all - what about people who have to work or drive tomorrow morning? I never have experienced anything like it! Total chaos!

Original review: March 16, 2018

Booked room months in advance. Paid at 2:30 pm. Verified two beds. Was told check in was at 4 pm. Was told sold out the night before which should not matter when booked months ahead. Was told room not ready be ready at 4:00 pm. Go back was told sold out. Would have to take a king bed. And they sent a deflated blow up mattress for our two tween children to sleep on. I have stayed many places because my job also requires travel. I have stayed more times than I could count in Charleston. This was pretty unbelievable. To make matters worse my husband on a heart monitor been in hospital. Did not need this stress. Thanks for helping to make my choice if where to not stay in the future.

Original review: March 16, 2018

The Marriott at Williamsburg, VA was awesome! It was the nicest stay we have ever experienced. They helped us with a handicapped room for husband. We will only stay at Marriott.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Marriott Hotels Orlando, Florida, USA. Bell hop walked up. The room originally givenl looked like a rock n' roll party, so stuck by elevator in another room. Made to wait although made reservations well in advance. Unacceptable.

Original review: March 15, 2018

The New York Marriott Marquis is in a great location and their staff is accommodating, making it well worth the effort and a choice place to stay. The rooms are comfortable, although the same size as the Marriott standards state. Roof top revolving restaurant is tough to get a reservation, but a great place to dine.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Pleasant awesome staffs, great atmosphere and location at Niantic CT. When I arrived the front desk was very pleasant, courteous and cater to your needs, my room had a great view, very comfortable bed, bathroom well kept, great choices at breakfast.

Original review: March 13, 2018

The experience was very welcoming and comforting. From the front desk clerk to the food servers, the service was excellent. The staff was very helpful and attended to our needs. The ambiance of the hotel was also very delightful. I will recommend Springhill Suites, Orlando to all my family when they're traveling to Orlando.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We stayed at your Marriott Harbor Bay FL over New Year's. 6 of us flew down, $2400, I used 400,000 points, we ate bad fish and undercooked chicken at the restaurant near the Pool bar on day 2, and we all got food poisoning that ruined our vacation. Our trip was ruined! I contacted the hotel and all they offered was a $500 refund. This is not acceptable, please all I want is our points back and the refund for daily resort fees (that we couldn't use) for our 3 rooms and the meal that made us so sick and ruined our reunion. I sent several emails, numerous calls to hotel and customer service with no response after their $500 Payment offer. I've been extremely kind and patient. Being Platinum apparently means nothing, so much for loyalty!

Original review: March 12, 2018

The services at the St Louis, Missouri location were slow. Our plane was delayed because of weather. No discount given for additional night we had to stay. No microwaves in rooms. Small menu for restaurant. Anyone can cook breakfast, but apparently they could not. Gym was nice though. Bellman was okay and concierge was very informative about the area.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I enjoyed my stay at Marriott Hotels Colorado. Very clean, inviting atmosphere upon entering. Staff was pleasant and professional at all times encountered with. Rooms were clean, beds very comfortable and noise level was low.

Marriott expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Marriott brand started in 1957 with a single hotel. Now, there are more than 500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts worldwide, and Marriott International includes 19 brands in over 4,400 locations.

• Travel Brilliantly: Marriott Hotels & Resorts has a website dedicated to collecting customer suggestions called Travel Brilliantly. Visitors to the website can make suggestions or vote for other people’s suggestions. Each year, some of these ideas are selected as winners and implemented in the chain.

• Environmental responsibility: Marriott International’s website clearly lists goals and deadlines for reducing the company’s impact on the environment. These goals include reducing water and energy consumptions by 20 percent by the year 2020 and ensuring their entire supply chain is green. The have dozens of LEED certified properties as well as properties with electric vehicle charging stations.

• Member benefits: Members of Marriott’s free rewards program not only acquire points to book free stays but also get free Wi-Fi at the hotels, a dedicated customer service line and exclusive special discounts.

• Meetings and events: The meeting and event spaces at Marriott Hotels & Resorts have been redesigned to focus on collaboration with open designs and natural lighting. They also have a staff of Meeting Experts who work with event planners to make their job easier and improve attendees’ experience.

• Guestrooms: Marriott Hotels & Resorts’ guestrooms have a modern design with flexible spaces you can use to work or relax. At select locations, travelers who have a subscription to a streaming service, like Netflix or Hulu Plus, can stream content on the in-room television.

• Best for: Marriott Hotels & Resorts caters to travelers looking for a high level of customer service, a wide range of amenities and those looking to host a meeting or event.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs