2. Travel

Marriott Hotels

Marriott Hotels
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5

Marriott Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Original review: July 18, 2020

We all have choices on where we spend our hard earned money. In America, most people get very limited vacation time and when you've been saving all year for that one or two week vacation with your family you have the right to expect to be taken care of. Marriott takes care of you. In fact, in my experience Marriott goes above and beyond to always cater to the needs of their customers so their guests can have one less thing to worry about when they finally have free time to relax with family and friends. Their rewards program not only rewards you for your stays but also ensures that you have 24/7 customer service so your stay and your choice to spend your money at the many diverse Marriott brands will be a choice you can feel good about.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Quality for rooms and service were very good. I felt safe and well protected. Shops and restaurants inside the hotel were very well priced and very good quality as well. Location of hotel was near the convention center where I had to go and close to a lot of the attractions of the city. Cost of parking was way too expensive and very inconvenient, but, fortunately, did not have to use my car that much. Valet service was way out of financial reach for me. Had to do a lot of walking because of the constant requirement to pay for every time I had to go somewhere with the car. Besides the problems with the parking and use of my vehicle, the hotel has a great deal to offer for the price.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I myself dislike Hotels. My mind wonder as the thought of sleeping in one and knowing that thousands of others have slept there, showered there, used the toilets. No matter how clean some one told me they were who have stayed in the Marriott. And the time came when a friend had to take her granddaughter, out of town to stay for the Summer, so she asked me would I go with her and told me would be staying at the Marriott. My heart dropped. Because she knew I didn't like sleeping nowhere but my own bed. And I love cleanliness. And to my surprise I said yes.

I brought my own sheets, towel, washcloths, and toilet seat covers. Bleach and Pine-Sol and to top it off my LYSOL! She laughed so hard and asked me why was I bringing all of that. I told her to clean the room and sleep on my sheets and use my own towel and wash clothes. She laughed. When we arrived to the Marriott, from the time we walked in everything was sparkling clean. The floors were glowing, customer service

Original review: July 5, 2020

During my business travel days, if I were visiting a city I’ve never been to and have no idea as to the safety or the cleanliness I would always choose a Marriott hotel or Marriott Suite Hotel. Why? Because could always be assured that the sheets on the bed were changed. There was always a restaurant either in the Hotel or next door, their safety procedures are superior. Parking is never a problem. Their associates are always kind, professional, and always go out of their way to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. I like the Marriott brand because as a business traveler I can always count on the best.

Original review: July 4, 2020

When I travel I like the continuity of quality in hotel standards which I find to be consistent in Marriott properties. I am also acutely aware of the need for security, being an over 50 female and have never had concerns with Marriott. Whether it be help getting my bags or escorting me to my car if I arrive or depart during early morning or late evening hours. The cleanliness of Marriott properties have never been a disappointment - especially in these trying times, cleanliness and safety are of primary concern. I have never encountered staff that were not very helpful and always willing to help. In addition, the staff is knowledgeable and not averse to asking for assistance if they are not sure of the answer - rather than just blow me off with some generic answer. I would highly recommend this hotel brand for quality and excellence.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I was invited by a girlfriend of mine to stay with her for a couple of days. It was great! Food was brought up quickly and the service was the best. The employees were thoughtful and kind. The room was huge and roomy. The fridge was already semi-full. The best part was the bathroom. Very spacious as well. I just loved it.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Marriott hotels are reasonably priced and they provide you reward points. They have lower cost options however some of the hotels such as Courtyard don’t have free breakfast so check before you book.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I love Marriott Hotels because they are located near some of the best attractions. The rooms are a bit pricey considering a lot of their rooms are small to me so in my opinion you are paying for location. The Marriott employees I have encountered are very rude. But overall I recommend Marriott because I have never been dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the room.

Original review: July 17, 2020

We just love the beds in every Marriott we have stayed in. The staff has always been very helpful and pleasant. We always try to stay in a Marriott when possible.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Marriott hotels are consistently excellent with regards to service and cleanliness. As the largest hotel company in the world, their rewards program, Bonvoy can be used at so many places including their version of Airbnb. While their prices are high, you get what you pay for.

Marriott author review by ConsumerAffairs

The Marriott brand started in 1957 with a single hotel. Now, there are more than 500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts worldwide, and Marriott International includes 19 brands in over 4,400 locations.

• Travel Brilliantly: Marriott Hotels & Resorts has a website dedicated to collecting customer suggestions called Travel Brilliantly. Visitors to the website can make suggestions or vote for other people’s suggestions. Each year, some of these ideas are selected as winners and implemented in the chain.

• Environmental responsibility: Marriott International’s website clearly lists goals and deadlines for reducing the company’s impact on the environment. These goals include reducing water and energy consumptions by 20 percent by the year 2020 and ensuring their entire supply chain is green. The have dozens of LEED certified properties as well as properties with electric vehicle charging stations.

• Member benefits: Members of Marriott’s free rewards program not only acquire points to book free stays but also get free Wi-Fi at the hotels, a dedicated customer service line and exclusive special discounts.

• Meetings and events: The meeting and event spaces at Marriott Hotels & Resorts have been redesigned to focus on collaboration with open designs and natural lighting. They also have a staff of Meeting Experts who work with event planners to make their job easier and improve attendees’ experience.

• Guestrooms: Marriott Hotels & Resorts’ guestrooms have a modern design with flexible spaces you can use to work or relax. At select locations, travelers who have a subscription to a streaming service, like Netflix or Hulu Plus, can stream content on the in-room television.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team