Marriott Hotels
1.64/5

Looking for a travel site?

Marriott Hotels

Looking for a travel site?

Marriott Hotels Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

Check in was swift. Check out swift. No Delays or hesitations and accurate. Emailed receipt 10 mins after left hotel. I am ongoing patient at the Best Johns Hopkins hospital for transplant clinical trial. Hotel is A+++ location, food, l free breakfast great, accommodations, staff etc. WOULDN'T STAY ANYWHERE ELSE BUT RESIDENCE INN. 1 Single Comment is about room air conditioning. Vent is too large for room & should be adjustable for outgoing air so doesn't blow directly at bed although temperature can be adjusted. Medication must be kept cool so it's a no win situation from this aspect. An adjustable air vent would suffice. Starbucks block away. 7-Eleven across street, restaurant in hotel top floor, room attendants are friendly & very very good at making sure room is clean. Kitchen 100% great. Everything you may need is in the hotel or nearby.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Great hotel. Wish they did not charge extra for parking and just made part of room cost. Also the total cost was $100.00 more than bill I reviewed at end of stay. I will wait a week and credit card and see if they correct charges. If not I will have to call Marriot for adjustments. Kind of a pain. They should send us an adjusted after a week.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I reserved a room at the Marriott Courtyard, Saint Louis Park, February 14th, 2019. The first thing that grasped my attention was how helpful the staff was. They were immediately willing to guide me where I needed to be. But, more than that, through clear instruction, able to get me there. As, I strolled through the lobby there was an extreme attraction to cleanliness, organization, and elegance. 3 different style seating areas; useful for your imagination to see fit. Satisfy your hunger, swiftly, with a quick snack or go just down the hall to the restaurant. Then, quick access to spacious, speedy, elevators.

Hallways on the way to room entrance large and clean. Magnetic key for quick and easy entrance. Now, inside a warm comfortable room, first thing to hit my eyes, a huge chair, w/ meal tray. I easily wanted the chair for my very own. I looked around and was trapped, I did not want to leave… Upon further exploration, nice comfortable bed, made properly. There were extras… Coffee Keurig, Refrigerator, iron w/ ironing board and hairdryer.

Then, I went into the bathroom. I never saw anything like it. The shower was bigger than a normal bathtub. There was a smooth sliding door. While in, there was a beautiful sound as the water danced against the unusually large stainless-steel drain. Towels and personals displayed in an extremely inviting fashion. These just a few of the outstanding features I found in a smaller affordable $150 room. The atmosphere was phenomenal! Thank you so much for a relaxing night…

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Well for starters we had our little dog with us and did not see a sign were dogs were welcome so I went in to ask staff very nice and said, "Oh yes your dog will not be a problem. Would you like to be on the first floor by the back door exit." which made it nice and easy to take our dog out. So overall I would recommend it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

After struggling with cancelled flights and other travel inconveniences for a couple of hours, it was a relief to be breezed thru reception with a friendly smile and a freshly made, warm cookie to tuck in with! Good water pressure in the shower and big, soft towels, a comfortable bed, and a clean coffee-maker (this is a thing people!) Helped make the room before my early morning shuttle arrived. I made my way to the lobby to fresh coffee and a copy of the NYT. Nice!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

DO NOT STAY here without checking your credit card!. After paying the room they informed us that there was a $50 incidental fee. Ok we pay that. Check our credit card and ANOTHER $190 was taken. She said oops sometimes the computer does this (Stephanie). Call your bank and complain she says??? WTH That is credit card fraud Residence Inn!!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Booked hotel through online travel site in order to have 24 hour cancellation policy (my company travel policy) which Marriott did not offer on their site due to Octoberfest. When booking on travel site no mention of award points or stay credit was mentioned. Also, when checking into my hotel I ensured they had my Gold Elite number in and they also did not let me know there was zero credit for this stay???? For those of us who stay with one brand to accrue points/status as well as use their branded visa, this is very disappointing! Never had this issue with Hilton or Hyatt. Maybe time to return.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Booked pet-friendly hotel on Priceline only to arrive at 1 am after a 6 hour drive with my dog and this hotel was not. When I made arrangements and returned to check in to my prepaid room without the dog the attendant, Frank argued with me and was refusing to allow me to check in even without the dog. I was not able to get a refund due to the mix up from Priceline or Marriott. No one offered to transfer my booking to another Marriott that did accept dogs. This attendant did not even try to empathize with my situation. Exhausted and furious about being treated this way I had to wait for 20-30 minutes more as the attendant drag his feet before finally getting a room. Never have I ever had so much trouble with Marriott or Priceline. Nightmare. I will never choose either company again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I stayed at room no. 1223 on 15 and 16 of October at Marriott Hotel Indore.. India. And atleast three to four times before this during this year only!!!! Kept on giving benefit of doubts and chance to improve before writing this harsh review!!! But I think it's time.... So here it is!!!

1. Absolutely poor sense of hospitality from the basic level people to top management!!!!

2. You ask for hotel pick up.... Don't be surprise as you will be thrown in to third class road side taxi service in the middle of night!!!! And will be also asked to pay for it!!! My own experience!!!

3. Lights/ automation in the room will get disturb and during your morning hour time of rush, hotel staff will accompany you to resolve the situation!!! Till then no lights in the room or you can not even open the curtains!!! (This was my experience during previous stay at the same hotel.)

4. You want to complain about it.... Management will shy away into the corner and you only end up arguing with the lower level poor staff!!!

5. Food!!!! God only can save you!! As staff/ management/ chef, nobody has clue about the Hospitality!!! Terrible is only one word which can be used!!! You ask for Water. After 20 mins in this five star hotel restaurant what you get is big plastic bottle with sweat/ dirt/ water all over and no glass!!! Pls go ahead and drink from the bottle itself!!! Thats what restaurant floor manager and staff believe in!!! You ask for uttapam, then rest of the add ons are not part of it!!! Thats what chef/ floor manager/ restaurant and food and beverages head believe in!!! So basic level staff is out of question to even know about the basic of the hospitality!!!

6. And last but the most important, at least have 10 mins of extra time and non sensitive temperament to waste water.... as generally it takes such ling time for the hot water to appear. (Generally this case is at night.)

Hope Marriott rating body/ governance takes some serious note!!!! Or i definitely see the gust turning away to other property!!!! Once again..... basic/ very basic attitude/ knowledge of hospitality should be taught to all the people in this hotel!!! And one should start with the general manager only!!!! Samir.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

After booking a hotel with points collected with the Marriott hotel, I was charged $750.00 on my visa. I have never given the Marriott rewards service my visa information so this puzzled me. After calling the hotel they informed me that this was the deposit required for the visit and this would be refunded upon checking out. After checking out with no refund I called the hotel which informed me that the charge was made by the rewards company. The rewards company representative informed me that this was a mistake and that a refund has been issued and will appear in 5-7 business days. After waiting this period with no refund I called the rewards company which informed me that I had actually purchased points for the stay.

They have been unable to substantiate this with a receipt and actually hung up on me when I requested the receipt. It has been unnerving to know that the rewards company is free to charge your visa without providing it, and that they cannot confirm their charges with receipts. Avoid staying with Marriott and if you must - provide cash.

Marriott expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Marriott brand started in 1957 with a single hotel. Now, there are more than 500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts worldwide, and Marriott International includes 19 brands in over 4,400 locations.

• Travel Brilliantly: Marriott Hotels & Resorts has a website dedicated to collecting customer suggestions called Travel Brilliantly. Visitors to the website can make suggestions or vote for other people’s suggestions. Each year, some of these ideas are selected as winners and implemented in the chain.

• Environmental responsibility: Marriott International’s website clearly lists goals and deadlines for reducing the company’s impact on the environment. These goals include reducing water and energy consumptions by 20 percent by the year 2020 and ensuring their entire supply chain is green. The have dozens of LEED certified properties as well as properties with electric vehicle charging stations.

• Member benefits: Members of Marriott’s free rewards program not only acquire points to book free stays but also get free Wi-Fi at the hotels, a dedicated customer service line and exclusive special discounts.

• Meetings and events: The meeting and event spaces at Marriott Hotels & Resorts have been redesigned to focus on collaboration with open designs and natural lighting. They also have a staff of Meeting Experts who work with event planners to make their job easier and improve attendees’ experience.

• Guestrooms: Marriott Hotels & Resorts’ guestrooms have a modern design with flexible spaces you can use to work or relax. At select locations, travelers who have a subscription to a streaming service, like Netflix or Hulu Plus, can stream content on the in-room television.

• Best for: Marriott Hotels & Resorts caters to travelers looking for a high level of customer service, a wide range of amenities and those looking to host a meeting or event.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs