Marriott Hotels

Marriott Hotels

3.2/5 (1915 ratings)

About Marriott Hotels

Marriott Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Original review: May 14, 2022

First of all their tv has very few channels. I had a program that I wanted to watch that was on basic cable and they didn't have it so I ended up missing it. Their rooms aren't that nice. And they said we had free parking but we got kicked off their basement parking where we had to move to another parking lot where we had to pay and it expired at 6 am so I had to get up early to move my car. I recommend staying anywhere else. Find some hobo's box and see if you can bunk with them.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Falsely advertised free shuttle from Seattle airport to hotel. Two days prior to stay called to confirm shuttle. Told flight arrives too late. Have to get a taxi $20/25 plus to get to Pier 91 next morning no shuttle. Another $70/100. I would have shopped for another motel/hotel had I been told to add another $100/125 to the guaranteed Lower Price. Extremely disappointed that Marriott does not take care of its loyalty rewards customers.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

My hotel room was broken into. "Third party criminal act" according to Marriot consumer affairs, yet they take no responsibility because they can neither confirm nor deny what I had in my room. I am a well seasoned business man that has been through the ringer (multiple hours on hold) with an overall lack of response (lack of call backs), care, concern and a Marriot (Zurich ) insurance representative who told me I should have stuck my suitcase, briefcase and laptop in the safe!.. A bit of a ridiculous comment. I am not sure a 10 inch safe is big enough. I was even told by Marriot's consumer affairs division that if I read the notice on the back of the door I would know they are not responsible.

Their reluctance to cover my stolen items, not even room compensation, is of concern but a bigger concern is that without me mentioning that my personal space and privacy were invaded in their hotel, not one of them expressed concern for my safety. Very sad and disappointing as their representative told me how kind and compassionate their employees are. If you are concerned about your personal safety in your hotel room or how the hotelier will care about you as a customer and not a bottom line, you should give serious consideration before staying in a Marriot hotel or one of their hotel chains.

Original review: April 9, 2022

The Atlanta Marriott Marquis is the absolute worst hotel ever. I am a Bonvoy ambassador and have been living in Marriott hotels for two years, so I know a thing or two about hotels. Unfortunately the Atlanta Marriott Marquis provides below minimum customer service. From the moment I checked in until I checked out, it was nothing but problems. Missing keys, no bottles of water, no towels, no cleaning, no trash removal, no coffee, missing laundry...absolutely no customer service. If this is how the elite members are treated, I would hate to see how they treat the other guests.

I even spoke to the GM of the hotel directly and she assured me that things would be taken care of. Yet, when I returned from a day out, my room had not been cleaned, I did not have clean, dry towels, the amenities (like the coffee) had not been replaced, and the trash had not been removed. Nothing had been done. From looking at all of the trash bags and piles of towels in the hallways, I guess the Marriott Marquis Atlanta is a self-service hotel. The icing on the cake was when I dropped off a single piece of laundry before 8am, they assured me it would be back by 6pm, yet at 7pm the laundry wasn't back, they didn't even know where the laundry was. They ended up returning the garment unwashed about 10pm.

When I contacted the ambassador line, I was told by Christie that they couldn't help me because I was using a discounted rate - I guess it didn't matter that I have earned this level with loyalty to the brand and two years of staying in the hotel. AND I am still paying the hotel in the other place at the same time. Mr. Marriott should be embarrassed to have his name on this building. I can't believe that a hotel of this size can survive on this level of service - if you can even call what they offer service at all. I am not sure why I have committed to this brand if they have no commitment to me or the customers.

Resolution response: April 6, 2022

This has been resolved to my satisfaction.

Original review: April 2, 2022

For each room. My contention is that there was a glitch on Marriott's website. Residence Inn, The Woodlands Market Street contends that I made the mistake & the rooms are non-refundable. So as it stands I have paid $798.10n for 2 suites, even though I only stayed in 1. They refuse to refund me for the room I never used. They even sent me a recap for the room that I never used. Their contention that it is impossible for the glitch be on their end. So at 7:24 AM on the day I made the reservation I was charge 2 separate charges of $399.05 at the EXACT same time & received 2 different confirmation numbers (1 number apart). I ask for a refund for the second room & they refused to give me the refund.

When I mentioned disputing the charge with my credit card company, the Manager Lee ** told me in a very "matter of fact" way to go ahead. The hotel manager, Miguel ** said that he had to call Marriott to see if there was anything he could do. I called Marriott member services & was told that only the Hotel Manager could issue a refund. So the manager clearly lied. I travel a lot & always stay at a Marriott when possible & this is how they treat loyal customers. Even if I was at fault it was clearly an accident. I obviously cannot stay in 2 rooms at the same time. Residence Inn The Woodlands Market Street, The Woodlands Texas clearly has not problem collecting $399.05 for a room I never used. I have zero issue paying the $399.05 for the room I stayed in, I just do not want to pay for the 2nd room that was never needed or used.

Original review: March 25, 2022

Abysmal experience! By far the worst Marriott experience EVER! Have stayed with Marriott for 40 years, was Exec Platinum and now Elite Titanium. Reservation for a King bed, but the bed was a Full size at best. Shelves and door missing from kitchen cabinets. Food left in freezer. Toilet seat broken.. We shared issues with the General Manager, Richard **, and he acted and stated that he was equally shocked at the condition of the room and he would 'make it right' while we were out for afternoon yet NOTHING was done when we returned and staff knew nothing. He was gone for evening. Not even a note explaining why nothing was done. Abysmal, horrible experience!! Stay away from this property!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Booked a free anniversary night. The room smelled like a nasty dog kennel. Checked out without staying and booked a different hotel. This was not the first time recently that we have been disappointed with Marriott but it is the last time because they lost our business forever!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I have almost 400 nights' stay with Marriott, early 2000s they were big on customer service, they are no longer that way. You call Marriott you treated like a second class citizen, all their franchise motels, are becoming old and not fun to stay at anymore, I'm out. I'm moving to Hilton.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Just some of the worst customer service I have ever seen. I was getting a free night, but I was paying 100.00 for the credit card. Covid hit and they changed the program rules without notice. You suck!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Booked this hotel for a family trip during a long weekend in October 2021. Check-in and staff were absolutely fantastic, the rooms were quaint and cute and the location was on point!! Here's where the horror begins, the day of check-out we were greeted to broken car windows, stolen items out of cars, stolen cars, damaged tires and much more. Keep in mind this is the parking lot that we paid Marriott Q and C hotel front desk attendants to park in and the staff was very specific about where to park (UNDER THE ZATARAIN SIGN). Ok, things happen right?? How about there were about 20 cars with damage and we immediately informed the front desk so that they could alert all the other guest about their cars, they refused to alert other guest therefore everyone awoke to the same disaster as we did including missed flights and appointments.

Well the NOLA Police Department as well as Marriott Corporate told us to get a claims form from the Q and C Manager in order to file a damage claim with Marriott (We paid Marriott to park in this lot). The Q and C hotel management absolutely REFUSED to give us a claim form and told 1 lie after the next...."The manager is in a meeting", "the manager is working on the claims form", "the parking lot manager is coming with the claims form", "the manager is not in today", "the manager is sick", "we never told anyone to park there"!!! Which lie is it??? We never met the Manager, he/she never came out to speak with us and wasn't even concerned about the welfare of his/her guest. Even Corporate Marriott was shocked that this so-called Manager would NOT give us a claim form. I believe this is a theft ring and operation and the Manager is in cahoots with the parking lot to break in and steals items from customers.

We have been waiting for a response from Corporate Marriott only to find out that the Q and C lied once again and told Corporate they contacted us and refunded us $80.00 and they closed the file, again another lie!!! We were never contacted by Q and C nor Marriott. How about, not one staff member apologized for the misfortune!!! We weren't upset about the damage but about every lie that was told and the mishandling of the issue! The Manager wouldn't even give us a simple claims form which is required to file the claim!!!!

Marriott author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Marriott brand started in 1957 with a single hotel. Now, there are more than 500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts worldwide, and Marriott International includes 19 brands in over 4,400 locations.

• Travel Brilliantly: Marriott Hotels & Resorts has a website dedicated to collecting customer suggestions called Travel Brilliantly. Visitors to the website can make suggestions or vote for other people’s suggestions. Each year, some of these ideas are selected as winners and implemented in the chain.

• Environmental responsibility: Marriott International’s website clearly lists goals and deadlines for reducing the company’s impact on the environment. These goals include reducing water and energy consumptions by 20 percent by the year 2020 and ensuring their entire supply chain is green. The have dozens of LEED certified properties as well as properties with electric vehicle charging stations.

• Member benefits: Members of Marriott’s free rewards program not only acquire points to book free stays but also get free Wi-Fi at the hotels, a dedicated customer service line and exclusive special discounts.

• Meetings and events: The meeting and event spaces at Marriott Hotels & Resorts have been redesigned to focus on collaboration with open designs and natural lighting. They also have a staff of Meeting Experts who work with event planners to make their job easier and improve attendees’ experience.

• Guestrooms: Marriott Hotels & Resorts’ guestrooms have a modern design with flexible spaces you can use to work or relax. At select locations, travelers who have a subscription to a streaming service, like Netflix or Hulu Plus, can stream content on the in-room television.

Marriott Hotels Company Information