Marriott Hotels
  • 1 star
Based on 84 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Marriott Hotels

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 5, 2017

555 Marriott Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Do NOT get a room at the Courtyard by Marriott on Blairwood Dr. in Louisville, KY place! I booked this room through Groupon because my Uncle was diagnosed with inoperable cancer back in October so my family decided to all come together for him for Thanksgiving. After fighting traffic and traveling all the way from Florida we were late for dinner so we stopped by the hotel to grab our key and then headed over to my Uncle's for dinner. When we returned that night and took our luggage to our room we found that the room had not been cleaned from the previous tenants. There were pretzels all crunched up along the side of the bed, someone's deodorant was laying on the floor by the window and one of the beds had not been made. So I went to the front desk and asked for a new room which the manager promptly gave me and apologized profusely.

When we moved all of our stuff to the 2nd room we found a LIVE baby roach under the sheets on one bed and a huge creepy crawly bug alive on the ceiling. We immediately went downstairs to the manager once again and I asked to just be let out of my reservations due to all of the inconveniences and nasty conditions. He was very kind and once again apologetic and even offered us free drink and snacks as we left but we declined because we were tired and anxious to find a decent room to sleep. The manager assured me that I would not be charged anything and that my refund would have to come from Groupon since I booked through them.

After numerous correspondences with Groupon they have refused to refund me my money because the "hotel has to give them permission to do so" and after speaking with someone at Courtyard they have declined to refund me my money. So long story short, DO NOT BOOK A HOTEL THROUGH GROUPON AND DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I am very unhappy on how The Marriott Management team is handling my complaint. The director Pedro ** at the Aruba Surf Club lie to my face and tried to cover up what he did. After I showed him the picture of Robertiro ** and Pedro ** in the act that they said the vendor did. After I had to Investigate my due to lack of cooperation from Marriott I found the director Pedro ** had words with the vendor that he want the guest to have the Marriott staff move lounge chairs. I moved the lounge chairs myself under the umbrella I rent only to have the director Pedro ** to take his anger out on me and my 5 children. It took me 1/2 a day to try to find out what happen. I do not trust this hotel if the person in charge lies and tries to cover up what he did. After showing him pictures the tone begins to change but what never changes is that a liar is always a liar. I am here for 10 days and that disrespect I am receiving from zero response spoiled my Vacation.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I have been a loyal rewards member for well over 10 years. Whenever we travel, we always stay at a Marriott hotel. Not anymore. My husband stayed at a TownePlace in Eastchase Alabama for over a month. He used my rewards number but because the reservation was in his name it did not count towards our rewards. When we called, we were informed that he would need to create a rewards account to get the credit and then we can swap the points to my rewards number. WHAT! That is the dumbest process/procedure I've ever heard of. We are done with Marriott. I will NEVER stay again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

My husband and I booked a two night stay at the Marriott Courtyard at the LaGuardia Airport in NYC. First, upon check in, they could not find my reservation. After 30 minutes, the manager Salah then reluctantly agreed to give me the rate I had booked at, less $30 nightly incidental fee. This was on top of a $30 nightly parking fee. Salah and I exchanged some unpleasantries, and then he threatened to not honor my reservation and deny me a room. In all of my years as a Marriott rewards customer, that had NEVER happened to me. I asked for his business card, which he then threw down on the counter and stormed off. I reported my complaint to the Marriott and I will never frequent that establishment again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

It is my first time to use Marriott award. I saw there was a event called "2 stays for one free". So I reserved two nights in hotel. And I send the email to the customer service to make sure it is successful for me to join the event and can get the promotions. But half month passed away, I don't even get any reply so I called them. And they told me 2 stays mean separate orders. And I cannot get the free night. I told them there is no any explanation about the rules. And my mother language is not English. Two nights is equal to two stays. They really do not care my loss. And just repeat the useless stuff again and again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

The Marriott is not this run down hotel with awful rooms. It's quite an attractive place with decent breakfast and nice rooms, but their billing practices and the way they handled my money is absolutely atrocious. I checked in on October 12th around 10/11 pm from a 18 hr drive with my husband, mother and 3 small children. My card was charged $690 for 4 days and I was supposed to have $20/day of "INCIDENTALS" returned. That went without a hitch. The problems initially started when my family and I came down the first day to leave and someone at the front desk said "WHAT ROOM ARE YOU GUYS IN?". We responded and she said she received a noise complaint. We were lost. This was the hotel's mgr. mind you, she said she came up and didn’t hear anything. So we said sorry we've been keeping them quiet and said no one ever knocked.

Fast forward to later that day I called to see if we could just be moved to the first floor. I explained that I have a newborn, 2 yr old and autistic 4 yr old. I keep them tame but they are still children and will make some noise. So we got moved to a bigger room on the first floor for the same rate and it was perfect. I was there to visit my grandmother in ICU who ended up passing that Sunday the 15th so I went down that Monday and extended another 6 days. I was told that the total charges for the extension would be $602. I didn't have my card on hand but the front desk agent could still charge me because my card was still on file. Come Monday still nothing. On Tuesday however I got a $150 charge and minutes later one for $260. I didn't know this until I went to pay for the funeral. So called down that Thurs to see why and was told they these were just authorizations. I was told that the total cost for the entire stay was $1054.

I asked why I kept getting authorizations and was reassured they would go back. They got "reversed" Thurs and Fri but still not in my acct because I hadn't checked out yet. Mind you I've been calling customer service and tried speaking with a mgr who was very rarely available. Customer service couldn’t even get in contact with them. No manager or customer service mgr ever called back. I called them a combined 10-15 times. Once she was even there and I felt avoided because I was told she was on a conference call and would call me back. He, Never happens. Come Friday I got more "authorizations" of $520 and no one could explain why. So I called and spoke with the mgr on duty who said she deleted my card so the SYSTEM wouldn’t keep doing that. And I told her I could not feed my kids because of so many charges.

Hours later another $30 "authorization" case through. I called and called and they finally did a 3 way with my bank to reverse the holds on my card. $520 went back to which reflects in my acct. Well Sunday morning I check out and I asked what the total cost of my room would be and again was told $1054. I asked would any additional charges be coming out and was told no. I returned my room key and got on the road. I wake up Sunday morning to more over drafts. Residence in Marriott debited $1054 and $452... Confused I called and was told they would contact the hotel. I never heard back. I called again and was told they wouldn't reach the mgr. I called again and got the GM's # and I am will waiting. I had even gone down one day to the front desk at the hotel and showed the agent all of the authorizations and how my account was now $0 and I only have animal crackers and grapes to feed my 2 yr old and 4 yr old autistic son.

Didn't even bother to mention I was starving because I nurse my newborn. He said well where are the charges for the $150 and $260 and I said IDK and his reply was that they were probably never on there. I was offended and felt I was being called a liar. He had no explanation for the $520 and $30. I'm still at a loss for words. I was charged $690 initially, then $150, then $260... then $520 and $30. I saw the $520/$30 go back... Tuesday two days after check out I see another two charges of the $1054 and $452. Why!!!

This is fishy, and BTW none of my Incidental money was returned, plus the money just doesn't add up. I'm sick of Marriott over drafting my account. At this point I'm still waiting for clarity, money and more than just my incidentals and authorizations. I was up there to check on my sick grandmother and ended up burying her. I couldn't even mourn due to the stress of not being able to provide for my kids. The money they take out doesn't go back right away. I feel like I'm owed a full refund plus all the extra they took and complimentary week for the hassle.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

No one will do anything about it. I have spoken with both hotel managers and corporate Marriott. I filed a complaint with BBB and got a response from a Liaison, meanwhile, my bank account is overdrawn and I am getting additional fees... So here it goes... My original confirmation was for the Courtyard Newark airport. I booked this room with points, a certificate and points + cash which I paid $100 for 8000 points. This covered my 3 nights. I checked in for what needed to be a very quiet work weekend because I had deadlines to meet.

To make a very long story short the hotel internet went down and I was moved to the Courtyard Newark Downtown hotel. I was told that my points and certificate would transfer over. When I arrive the front desk has NO clue what is going on. After speaking with their Manager and the other hotel Manager they finally get me situated but need my card for INCIDENTALS only. I check my card that night and 260 was charged. I immediately call down to the front desk where they assure me it's just a hold and I have nothing to worry about. I checkout and ask the rep at the front desk if I was charged, she says yes.

That Monday I call/write in and the management team assures me that I was not charged and that the hold will release. I tell them that my bank is telling me that it is not a hold but an actual charge. Now here we are a week later, and guess what. It was a charge for 241** and I have not be credited. I have since been charged 2 overdraft fees of 29 each from my bank.

I demand a refund for my room and the 2 overdraft fees. Not only that but I feel you guys should not even charge me the $100 I paid for the points, My stay was beyond horrible. I had to switch hotels after 6 hrs of no internet (which was the reason I came anyway). I missed my work deadline. Then to top it off the hotel I checked into second not only charged my card, but once I finally did go to sleep, I was awakened by multiple fire alarms going off back to back as they were experiencing an issue.

Your hotel staff/management team is horrible with customer services. They don't even offer you a Gold Member Welcome, don't as much as say thank you for being a member. Don't say here's a bottle of water on us for all the ** you went through. NOTHING!!! I am doing the best I can to make it as a single mother of a first year college student. I do not have extra money. That $241 was needed for me to make it, eat and commute to work!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Well I need to write this because I look for upfront and honest companies. I arrived in Maryland at 2 am after driving from Florida for an appt and decided to wait and check in later to pay for a whole day before my appt. I asked what was the earliest I could check in. I was told 9:30 am. Well I had been waiting an hour after arriving back at 9:30 am. Everything was based off my check in to get ready. If that is the gold member service I no longer wish to be a part. Keep it upfront and honest.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Marriott Times Square - Has anyone else been involved with Marriott upgrading your room and not being told VERBALLY that they did this... And had the front desk LIE about the whole thing. This HAS NEVER happened to me EVER and I cannot help but think something SHADY is going on... Like upgrading for more money and filling QUOTA or BAIT AND SWITCH... I love the hotel and have stayed numerous times and NEVER have I gone through this before... I am just trying to see if anyone else has had this happen or who I can contact about this!!! There has to be help somewhere???

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I am trying to merge my Marmot rewards with Ritz Carlton rewards. I have sent several emails to Marriott and at this point it is quite farcical. Continue to bounce it back, saying "We have received this email. Please confirm this by responding to us..." I cannot understand how any business can employ such people. There are many hotels in the world...

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Just because Marriott is on the Fairfield Inn sign doesn't mean it is up to the Marriott standards. This is a rundown motel with poor service, very rude assistant manager and staff and terrible service. Even if it is a middle priced hotel, it isn't worth it. Too many nice hotels nearby. We moved across the street to the Courtyard Marriott and had an amazing staff and a meticulously clean room.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Made reservations to Springhill Suites in March 2017 for rooms in May, and paid by credit card. My wife had an accident which required her to be hospitalized. I called to cancel and was informed they could not refund my money. After many calls I compromised and accepted two days in the future. I reset a new date which was Sept 15th long before the Houston hurricane disaster. This time I received a call from the hotel canceling my reservation because of hurricane damage. I requested that they transfer my money to a different Marriott in Jacksonville FL. Denied. Tried to call, write, or otherwise contact customer service for two weeks, have not been able to talk to anyone. Apparently Marriott doesn't need my business, and I will find other lodgings in the future.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My wife and I checked in to the Springfield Inn and Suites by Marriott on 25 Sep 2017. We were satisfied with the greeting and the room; however, the coffee area in the room had only decaf coffee. We requested regular coffee, but we had to accost the maids to get the coffee we wanted. The manager seemed unable to get our information to the maids. We stayed there four days and had more problems. We did not receive the correct number of towels and wash cloths, and were forced to track down the maids once again to obtain our towel sets. The coffee and towel problem persisted throughout our stay, even though we complained each day to the people in charge. We will not be staying at Marriott hotels again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The room was very nice, the staff was helpful and the whole place was very clean. We want to stay by campus the Marriott in Bloomington Indiana the best. Have stayed at hotel on campus and you get a lot more for your money at the Marriott.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We have stopped at the Marriott hotel in Emporia, Virginia several times for a rest stop on a long trip. The room/bed is very comfortable. The warm breakfast is consistently good and I can't say enough about the helpful and very pleasant staff.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I found the front desk staff at the Marriott in New Rochelle, NY professional and respectful and patient even when I called ahead to reserve and that helped me feel secure even though it was a rush reservation during a flood. They were respectful of disabilities and aware of chemical sensitivities and made my room allergy free.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Even though the Marriott in New Rochelle, NY wasn't a hotel designed for kosher needs, the staff accommodated my needs and helped me get kosher items. They were solicitous of my welfare at every turn.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Lack of all services, including room service, social hours, and the lack of refreshments, pool has green algae, drain guards and warning signs are Covered with black dirt and water is not a level of recommended capacity. Morning breakfast is served by a big man hovering to make sure we only get one ration, and as I left the social area, spoke of my apparently humorous outfit, when I came in from pool door remained open from a faulty spring mechanism, I had said (I got it) as I'm walking through the door and with a roll of a eye and a smirk he pushes me, lack of awareness from night auditor, wouldn't let me in after I have been here a month, I spoken to her on many occasions and she acted as if I were homeless.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Definite communication breakdown with manager. Room charges, room and floor assignment, etc. was all pre-arranged before check-in. Everything changed once we arrived and no issue was made until our room was not made up after specifically asking to attend room as there were serious stain in pillow and an A/C leak. Definitely not like our first visit at the Marriott in Webster, NY.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Very grumpy and belligerent woman answered the phone (should never work in customer service). Then it is never made clear that if you book and lay your reservation through a third party (I always use Expedia) you cannot earn points at the Ritz-Carlton. Only if you book directly with their site, which will never make up for the much higher price that you end up.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

We stayed for a wedding in Bridgewater NJ one night, the room was nice. My complaint is we got back late from the wedding. Everything was good until I find out there's no breakfast unless you pay for it. We spent close to 200.00 dollars for one night & no breakfast! Any hotel I ever stayed at always had free breakfast. I'd compare any hotel to Marriott just as good if not better! Sorry!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I was traveling with my daughter and she is a gold member so we were upgraded at the Marriott in Denver Colorado and breakfast was included. This was a treat and the breakfast had many options. Friendly staff and rooms were clean as was the workout facility.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

The Marriott in Las Vegas, NV was ok but not my primary choice. Off the strip and entering and exiting was awkward and hard. Checked in late and had an issue with the front desk, delayed me for 10 minutes but when it's midnight.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We checked in to the Marriott Opryland due to Hurricane Irma in Naples Fl. First experience was to not give us any maid service on the first day. Then when we wanted to stay two more days because of the hurricane, we were told we could not even though I am a Platinum member. Then the Marriott service center said we could stay for an extra $560. When I told the front desk that was usurious especially in a hurricane, they said not only would I be charged that but they would kick us out anyway. This in spite of what others say on this site that they can't get in because the hotel gave their room away to other guests. Looks like Marriott does care for service to any of their customers. There should be penalties for companies that are so in cooperative with customer service.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was looking forward to a holiday weekend with a friend I hadn't seen in 20 years. Unfortunately, the beginning of the experience was tainted because my fiance, daughter, and I did not have a room upon arriving to our hotel. I booked the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott - Indianapolis Downtown for a suite a few days prior to arriving in Indianapolis. My fiance drove 5 hours from the state we reside in and we made it to the hotel late in the night. After pulling up in front of the hotel for valet parking, we found no one available to park our car. Once inside, we were told to go 2 blocks down to an underground parking garage to park, which means we would have to walk back 2 blocks with our baggage. Fortunately, we thought it was ridiculous that we would have to walk 2 blocks with luggage to get back to the hotel and went back inside.

After speaking with the front desk representative again, we found out the hotel had "overbooked" and our room was given away! First of all, why were we not told this information prior to arriving to the hotel AND before possibly parking 2 blocks away! We were told there was a football game and 5 weddings and they gave our room away. At this point I was livid and didn't care to hear about the reason why our room was given away because we had already booked our room in advance, we're tired, hungry, and now STRANDED! All I could think about was that Marriott was being unfair, unjust, and greedy! I just couldn't wrap my mind around why they thought it was alright to give away our room when we had booked in advance... And that we would be okay with it!!

They proceeded to provide us with a letter which looked to be a general letter (by saying this, I assume this has happened on more than one occasion and it would not be the last), which had another hotel we could stay at for that night, then we could come back the second night and stay at their hotel. I guess we were supposed to be okay with this and go about our business. Again, I was beyond heated! The hotel they referred us to DID NOT have suites! This was the reason we specifically booked a suite at the Fairfield Inn and SUITES. Fairfield said they would pay for the first night at the other hotel (Florence Garden Inn) and then we could come back to their hotel the second night. I refused to go back the second night to a hotel that didn't even honor our reservation the first night!

We were stranded for 2 HOURS looking for another hotel which had an available suite. Needless to say, every hotel we called in the downtown area was full, let alone being able to find a hotel with an available suite which was a necessity for our stay. Luckily, we found the Renaissance Hotel North IN Carmel, IN which had one available suite! They saved us from being stranded!! Thank you Renaissance!! This hotel is in the suburb of Indianapolis. All I have left to say is I DO NOT PLAN TO STAY IN ANOTHER MARRIOTT HOTEL EVER AGAIN! This experience was hurtful, selfish, and most of all uncaring!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I travel all over the world, in the past few years, I started to attended Playlist events in Orlando and Washington DC! After staying at the Marriott a bunch of times I signed up for advantage points, I think last year or the year before? Not sure. This brings me to my first stay in Washington DC. I'm a 70 year old totally disabled veteran. With purple heart plates and a handicapped card in clear view hanging from my rear view. They told me there was no parking for handicapped people and I would be charged an additional $45.00 a day parking, I said that's expensive. His reply was I can park elsewhere, I told him I'm disabled, I can't walk far, he didn't seem to care. I told the staff at the front desk, the young lady said she would talk to them, asked me to wait, she came back after a few minutes and told me they will not help a disabled person $45 a day or find other parking.

When I went on the website to book, I called them and asked if they had parking for disabled people! They told me over the phone they don't know! I would have never come to DC. These rooms are not cheap but they are very clean and nice. The food and everything in the hotel has high prices. 26.00 for breakfast, all that you know before you get there but another $200 for parking, no consideration for. I think I will go back to Hilton and other hotels.

I have stayed in hotels all over the states, Hawaii and Thailand, Cambodia, Japan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Philippines, Holland, All the tourist trap Islands just mention a few. They all take care of Handicap people, I'm going to write to the chamber of commerce Washington DC and ask them about this problem. And every site that helps disabled people. The state of Mass doesn't just give out plates or Cards for nothing. Other than that the hotel was awesome, the staff was great, Easy to get around inside didn't hardly use my cane.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Retirement Luncheon held at Marriott In Ruston LA - We were very disappointed in our experience with this hotel. It is a new hotel in our town, and when we visited it prior to booking, saw that it was quite nice. When we talked with the person in charge of booking, she indicated she knew the caterer we were using and told us this caterer used a certain color tablecloth at her events. I found it odd that she mentioned what color tablecloth the caterer would use since any time in the past we booked a banquet with other hotels, and told them how many tables we would need, at least white tablecloths would be on the tables when we arrived to decorate. However, when we got to the hotel to set up, we found the florist had been there and put the arrangement for our head table on a, "Naked" table.

When I contacted your associate at the hotel she said that they had no tablecloths and had never provided any. May I suggest to you that if your hotels have banquet rooms and tables to be used for events, they need to have at least white and black tablecloths on hand to use for events? We had to go out and purchase these tablecloths to use. I can't imagine any individual having these on hand to use for their event, nor can I imagine a hotel of this size not having these on hand at all times. When you pay $400.00 for the use of half a banquet room, I would think providing tablecloths would be a given. I might also add that trying to get any help after getting there to bring in a table was a very long process since they were quite slow in getting this done, and we were on a schedule before the luncheon started. I hope you will review this email and consider making some changes at this location, and any other of your locations if this is how you handle bookings.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

We had reserved a room at the Marriott on 92nd Street for my elderly disabled mother to stay in as she has a nine am doctors' appointment tomorrow (August 29th). The room we had reserved and which was guaranteed was a two queen bed room with an ADA bathroom as my brother was staying with her. My mother is legally blind and has a fractured spine which is why she is seeing the doctor. When we arrived at the hotel a very rude check in clerk, **, snottily told us that room had been given to someone else and the only rooms available were not ADA or had only one bed. When we complained he called ** from security to protect himself from us (We're old. We're not overly dangerous. But we were upset.). ** told my brother he could call customer care, which, in the end, he did.

When customer care asked to speak to ** he disappeared in the back, left us standing there for forty minutes and my mother sitting in the wheelchair, and then my brother was told on the phone that the Fairfield Marriott on 58th Street had ADA rooms with two beds and bars by the toilet available. Oh, guess what, the only ADA thing in the bathroom was a bar in the step in tub. The toilet was not raised and there were no bars. How can a hotel give a guaranteed reservation, then give away the room? And why is there no manager on duty at that Marriott? Stay away. Stay away. In addition, there were mouse dropping in the lobby. Maybe due to the construction... but gross.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I checked into to JW Marriott on June 29th at around 1.45 in the afternoon all excited only to be cheated from you guys who charged me $36 per (INVALID) ticket for the Statue of Liberty tours which were valid only till June 23rd. I bought 3 tickets and the person at the desk lied to us saying the tour is $24 (which actually is $18.00) and $10 service charge but I paid $108 so technically I was charged $36. When question he said the rest is for train tickets to and fro. Everything that happened here is fine. But when I noticed the ticket was invalid right as soon as I checked into the room. I went back to him and showed it to him. He was shocked or at least pretended to be. So he took his time and came back to tell me he has no more tickets and would refund.

I asked him for the void transaction receipt, he said it would take time as he had to call the main office blah blah, I said "Okay please leave it at the front desk," and smiled and left. Came back and asked at the front desk about the receipt after explaining everything to him but all he said was he had no idea. So next morning I went to the concierge and spoke to a gentleman named Peter and he guaranteed everything will be fine and told me to wait 5-7 business days and I will get the refund of $108. It's 11 DAYS and no one has either contacted me neither do I see a refund on my account.

THIS IS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED FROM JWM. First cheating customers with the price of a tour? Second giving wrong information to make small bucks out of it. It's been more than a month and more than 30 business days and no one has contacted me yet, sent a refund or has given me any update of what the hell is happening.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

After a 15 hour day of travel, I arrive at the Marriott Portland Downtown hotel and am given the smallest room in the hotel. With a four night reservation at an average of $300 per night, the room I was given has a long hallway with a very small room at the end. I asked for a regular size room with a water view (which I paid for), and was told I have to wait until tomorrow. So, I have to stay in the smallest room in the hotel tonight, then pack my bags again in the morning and transfer to another room. I am attending a conference and this is very inconvenient. What is interesting is the man who was also at the front counter when I was checking in wanted to have his multiple room reservations on the same floor. The hotel upgraded him to a suite to make him happy. And the only offer I get is to stay in the smallest room in the hotel, unpack, repack and "we will move you tomorrow". This is an interesting way to treat a woman.

I have over 700,000 Marriott points so I stay with Marriott quite frequently. I cannot believe the price they expect me to pay for a room that is only a bit larger than the king size bed in it. This is deceptive advertising. I have the room description promised in my reservation. However, this is not the room I received. I will not be recommending Marriott Hotels and I will go out of my way not to stay at Marriott in the future. I will take my business elsewhere.

Marriott expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Marriott brand started in 1957 with a single hotel. Now, there are more than 500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts worldwide, and Marriott International includes 19 brands in over 4,400 locations.

• Travel Brilliantly: Marriott Hotels & Resorts has a website dedicated to collecting customer suggestions called Travel Brilliantly. Visitors to the website can make suggestions or vote for other people’s suggestions. Each year, some of these ideas are selected as winners and implemented in the chain.

• Environmental responsibility: Marriott International’s website clearly lists goals and deadlines for reducing the company’s impact on the environment. These goals include reducing water and energy consumptions by 20 percent by the year 2020 and ensuring their entire supply chain is green. The have dozens of LEED certified properties as well as properties with electric vehicle charging stations.

• Member benefits: Members of Marriott’s free rewards program not only acquire points to book free stays but also get free Wi-Fi at the hotels, a dedicated customer service line and exclusive special discounts.

• Meetings and events: The meeting and event spaces at Marriott Hotels & Resorts have been redesigned to focus on collaboration with open designs and natural lighting. They also have a staff of Meeting Experts who work with event planners to make their job easier and improve attendees’ experience.

• Guestrooms: Marriott Hotels & Resorts’ guestrooms have a modern design with flexible spaces you can use to work or relax. At select locations, travelers who have a subscription to a streaming service, like Netflix or Hulu Plus, can stream content on the in-room television.

• Best for: Marriott Hotels & Resorts caters to travelers looking for a high level of customer service, a wide range of amenities and those looking to host a meeting or event.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs