Marriott Hotels

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A very clean, up to date hotel. You walk through the hotel to check in and you feel like you are in paradise. It's so elegant. The concierge are always looking to help you. I would suggest this hotel for your future plans. Most amenities are included in this hotel. If you need extra towels or even dry cleaning service the hotel will offer this. As part of the amenities they do have wake up calls and newspaper service. I would rate the customer service a A. They go over and beyond to make you smile, make your day and give you a good feeling for staying in their hotel.

No issues with the cleaning - it was clean and well taken care of. Usually newer too which is nice. It is cleaned daily and makes it very nice. I enjoy everything they provide. The hotel usually has coffee, and all the perks needed to get moving on a daily basis and it would be great to the ones with the fitness centers. I enjoy a rewards program because it honors those of us who stay with the hotel over and over. Makes me want to stay more with this hotel. They are always nice and consistent with all they provide. I always enjoy staying there.

Very clean and neat staff. Very helpful with all of your needs and request. Turn down service was appreciated. Receptionist at check in was great. Wi-fi, breakfast, room service and laundry services with great pool, family-friendly, and close to major attractions. Staff there easily anticipated our needs. Rewards program is helpful for future trips. It also comes with major perks. I would highly recommend the rewards program to coworkers, families, and friends. The front desk staff, laundry and housekeeping staff attend to your every need. They make your stay special for business or leisure. I've always enjoyed the customer service there.

The bedding and towels were clean and fresh. The room was kept well. Clean floors. Clean furniture. The wall hangings were dusted and clean as well. I was provided with soaps, hair dryer basically just minimal amenities. I rarely use a sewing kit on my visits when provided but this one occasion I could have used one and was not provided one. I was not aware of a points program although I am a member of other hotel rewards programs. This particular stay is not a part of my rewards program. The employees were welcoming. I found them knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful with any questions I had about nearby restaurants and shopping.

The hotel was spotless had clean linens and clean towels. Also had coffee in room and a refrigerator for snacks. Had wake up service. I would highly recommend this hotel. The hotel had free cable tv, complimentary breakfast with a very big selection of fresh fruit, juice of different kinds and a big selection of food. Also had king or queen size beds, extra towels, shampoo, conditioner, free lotion. Also had hair dryer, ironing board and iron.

They have a reward program where if you stay more than one time through the year you will get a free night. Also you join a membership and you get some points off of your airline tickets and if it is your anniversary you get a free stay. You also get so much off of concert tickets and other adventures. Customer service was excellent. Anytime I called for a reservation I always got the best deals. You could call anytime in the middle of the night and someone was always on the phone to help you. They know where all the activities are going on in the town you are going to be in and where everything is located. Very helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Very clean. Cleaning staff working constantly in rooms and common areas, also outside. Staff is nicely and clean dressed. Cafe and restaurants were perfectly clean. Everything needed is presented there, rooms are equipped well, common areas including cafe, restroom, restaurants also have very good and updated amenities. I didn't have/use any reward programs. I was not offered any rewards neither when booking the hotel staying nor upon arrival and check out. Customer service was OK, though most of the time there were long lines for check in/check out counters and concierge. The room phone service was good.

The place was clean and tidy, which was very important to me. Also, I didn't notice any visible trash anywhere since sometimes I notice that trash cans were not emptied out. I enjoyed the free amenities during my stay. WiFi was great and not slow. Gym was 24/hr so I got to work whenever I wanted as I needed flexibility. I got rewards for reserving a stay at the hotel to earn even more rewards. I also redeemed my rewards for an upgraded room so I got a nice view of the city I stayed in. Everyone was professional, knowledgeable, and kind during my stay. I didn't experience any issues with customer service as they were very accommodating.

Even though we only stayed one night it was very clean. The bathroom, the kitchen, mat, the floors, and the overall room it smelled clean and looked clean. Very good for our first stay. Everything we need was provided with a smile and very process to on the whole experience we were very pleased. The rewards program is awesome. We were able to use the reward whenever we wanted to and the size of the reward was well worth the stay. The staff at customer service provider was so great. They answered all of our questions. Very pleasant and friendly staff we must love the experience.

Very clean. You could have eaten off the floor. Staff was wonderful for all things I needed. Glasses and bed were spotless. Floors where dusted and beautiful. Bottled water and free services on tv. Nothing was anything but first class. I will definitely go again. Room service was quick and tasty. I didn't use any reward programs. They are a waste of time. I can afford to stay wherever I choice. Reward program are for cheap low class people. Very nice. Very professional and wonderful. They did everything I asked. I love this hotel. Great customer service.

It was very clean inside. The beds were made nicely and the carpets were freshly vacuumed. The bathroom was spotless and the towels were hung nicely. The toiletries were readily available for a shower. The hotel we stayed at had a gym onsite, which was very clean and smelled nice. The room had a TV with cable channels. The pool was amazing! A very nice size and there was also a jacuzzi which I got good use out of. My husband is a rewards member with them. We have gotten free rooms, nice upgrades and even been able to use their rewards on their website. We were able to get a free DSLR camera and a kitchen stand mixer with our points! The customer service is phenomenal. They go above and beyond to make sure their guests are happy and well taken care of. Phone calls to the front desk are handled promptly and with a wonderful, cheerful attitude!

It was a great hotel to stay at and the cleaning crew went out of their way to make sure our accommodations were tidy and neat. I would use this hotel service again. They were sufficient amenities. They were easy to use and easy to find when needed. I would recommend this hotel based on the amenities. The customer service was very good at the hotel. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Anytime we needed anything they were very accommodating.

It was very clean. The sheets were tidy. I requested more towels and I received them within mins. The beds were nice. Garbage was changed everyday. They had a pool, laundry facilities. They also had a hot tub. They also had a fitness center. They were very clean and always warm. I liked the pool the most. It was fun to swim and play in. The front desk staff were very helpful. They showed me where the elevators were. They brought a thing for my luggage. They gave fliers on all the things that were happening in the city.

It was dirty enough to tell that it hadn't been really cleaned. The bed seemed like it wasn't changed. The floor was filthy but it was very roomy as well. I enjoyed it. The bed was huge, the sitting chairs were very comfortable and the table was a nice decent size. The tv could use some upgrading though. The customer service was very nice. It seemed as though they really wanted to help and make sure all of our needs were met. I felt like they really cared.

It was well stocked and they cleaned every day. It was very nice. I loved my stay there. Everyone was so friendly. The housekeepers were very nice and professional. It had plenty of things I needed for my stay. The fridge was nice and had plenty of room. The tv was awesome. It had a desk so that I could do my work easily. It had chairs for me to sit in so I didnt have to sit in bed all day. It was very nice. It let me earn free nights and had complimentary breakfast and free wifi. It was pretty awesome. I loved my room for my trip. They were very friendly and answered any concerns I had in a fast manner. They brought me anything I needed so I could enjoy my stay and be happy.

Cleanliness across the brand and location - bathrooms are especially clean/well maintained during multiple overnight stays. Much cleaner than others I have used in the past - RED ROOF INNS/COMFORT INNS/MOTEL 6. Carpets are clean but worn, walls show no marks, curtains close completely. I have been a JW Marriott rewards member for 15 years. I use my points accumulated at basic hotels, when I visit Marriott Resorts - LIKE GRANDE DUNES IN NORTH MYRTLE BEACH SOUTH CAROLINA. Grande Dunes is a favorite destination of mine. Reservations are never screwed up. Fast/rapid check in/check out. Ones I stay at in Pittsburgh and Detroit always have the parking area plowed out after a snowstorm.

The room service was pretty great and thorough. I've had experiences in the past where a well rated hotel similar to this one would still be hiding mysterious stains or not-so-clean towels. Once I had bedbugs. But this was nice. The food quality could've been a bit better, but maybe I'm just picky. The TV program selection was pretty outdated, but then again, most hotels are. The room service was timely and the check in and check out processes were quick and to the point. I never had to wait in a long line, and the wake up call was right on time.

Nearly perfect. They did not cut corners. Large rooms with lots of things to be cleaned. It was more than a cursory cleaning. For example cleaning in back and under items. This is what you would expect from a resort hotel. They had several themed restaurants for example and had someone bring you around in a golf cart type buggy. In room had everything you would expect. Whatever we needed there was always a cheerful and immediate response to us. Everyone was also quite knowledgeable. I know of no area here where they could improve.

Everything was clean at this the fairfield inn we stayed at in wilmington and we would stay there again if we go back to wilmington. The room and outside the inn were clean. We enjoyed the breakfast and using the pool. They also had exercise equipment and we were close to wrightsville beach. We liked the location. We were pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We did not have any issues while we were staying there. We enjoyed our stay and were pleased with the staff.

The rooms were clean. There were plenty of towels, bathroom was especially clean. There was fresh soaps and plenty of towels. The rooms had a nice, clean smell to them. They had good service. There was also a place for breakfast and dinner. They also had a pool along with a gym. They offered numerous rewards. There was valet parking, free internet services, a discounts on breakfast. They also offered shuttle system for your driving convenience. They had very good customer service. They had a friendly and nice attitude. They were also very speedy with your requests. They were quick with room service requests.

I stayed at the Crystal City Courtyard Marriott 2 weeks ago. I booked the room for 1 night just to attend a local party in DC and to go see the Eagles vs Redskins game. I checked in on Sat. night at 11pm, put my bags in the room and left out for the party. I returned to the room around 3am, slept from around 4am to 5:30 and was awakened to, what felt like mosquito bites. I jumped up to examine the sheets and pillows to find 2 bed bugs. I immediately contacted the front desk to notify them of the situation and to let them know that after taking some pictures and a shower, I would be right down. They informed me that the manager was not on duty until 8am but did switch my room.

I went back down there around 10am and she told me that the manager hasn't arrived but will be here by noon. I then informed them that I had tickets to the football game at 1. Went back down just before noon and she said between 12 and 1pm. Again I informed them of the game and she apologized. Went back down quarter to 1 and was told that the manager should be there any minute. At this point I knew that I wasn't going to make the game so they gave me a late checkout and I went back up to start watching the football game that was about to begin.

At halftime (2:25pm) I went back down to find out still no manager, confirmed all my information and told them that I was going to Champs (local sports bar) to finish watching the game. I was told that she will contact me as soon as she arrives and I also let them know that I would stop back by afterwards, on my way back to Philadelphia. The game ended and I drove back over there to find out the manager came but didn't stay because of an emergency. Now extremely frustrated, I let them know that this situation was lacking severity, and they were being very inconsiderate. A courtesy call would've been sufficient. Again just an apology. I went home and sent an email to Marriott Customer Care, then the next day, after work, I called the 800#. I was told that the matter would be sent to the GM and would be contacted in 3-5 days.

A week went by and no word from anyone so I sent them another email. I was contacted a few days later by email asking for the room reservation confirmation #. I sent them the name, room #, time and date. I received a reply asking for the reservation confirmation # again. I responded with all of the information and they responded apologetic and said that someone would be contacting me shortly. This is now 2 1/2 weeks later and still no call, no email, no type of any Marriott communication. I thought that a large chain as such would be more professional but instead it seems as if they want me to just forget about the whole situation. The bad thing about this is that I am a Marriott rewards member and am being forced to never stay at another one of their establishments because of the neglect. Everyone check your beds good when checking into a room.

I stayed at the Springhill suites international airport at the Newark NJ location on Friday Oct. 21, 2016 and I checked out Sunday the 24 of Oct. 2016. Upon arriving home I then noticed that my card was charged an additional $189 for a comforter that they are saying that I took, which never happened. I WAS a loyal rewards member of Marriott up until now. The operations manager David ** that I spoke with was very rude and the General Manager Alison ** seem to be impatient as I explained my situation. The impression that I'm under is that Marriott employees don't make mistakes or mix ups, as the manager told me there was No way that they could have made a mistake and that the odds of this happening was very slim.

As I went on to further investigate my account I noticed that there were more charges that they sent my account into over draft. I just need someone to listen and help me get a refund of my $189 because I do not have a comforter from Marriott. I have never had an issue like this with Marriott before and I was a satisfied customer up until now. P.S. what happened to the customer is always right???

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane and was dismayed to discover an extra credit card charge. A member of the hotel staff (Adriana) informed me that this was due to smoke damage to the room. The hotel manager, Ms. Emily **, said that she personally inspected the room and noticed the smoke damage. Neither my husband nor I smoke. We never have. We had no guests in our room. While there I did notice a slight odor but chose not to complain about it. Despite advising Ms. ** that we are prepared to sign affidavits to this effect she refused to reverse the charge.

I had pre-booked and pre-paid for a 6 night stay. Though I cancelled more than a week ahead of time, I am unable to get a refund - my issue that I did not make myself aware of their rules. I am unable to get a credit towards a future stay either. To top it all off, even though I have paid for the reservation I am not using - they will not apply any Marriott rewards towards the 6 night stay. Small move on their part would have kept a customer happy. Now they have lost a very unhappy customer.

Don't ever buy Marriott Vacation Club ownership for these reasons: 1. Many RULES that the owner needs to spend hours figuring them all out. 2. Very rude customer service reps. 3. An owner is not treated any differently than a non-owner. 4. Phone hours are limited and can not call on the weekends since they are closed. 5. Fees are very high including maintenance fees. 6. Website is of poor design and needs to be desperately updated to modern times. 7. Very little value for the money invested. 8. Cleaning service is separate and paid separately. 9. It is so time consuming to manage the Vacation Ownership that is takes the joy out of vacation planning.

10. Terrible and rude customer service agents who treat owners like they're criminals. 11. So many rules at the resorts that it is very difficult to comply thus the correction officers are booting cars that are parked incorrectly, force owners to switch villas at the last minute, and some locations require wristbands in the pools that are issued from a stand just outside the pool. The correction officers are constantly checking for wristbands. 12. I will mention again, rude customer service agents like Ashley **. Very hostile.

Marriott Philly Airport Hotel - very disappointing and inadequate for handicapped guests. When I had surgery on a recent visit to Pennsylvania we broke up our trip home by staying at this facility before flying out the next morning. I had just been discharged from the hospital that day and we asked for a wheelchair to get me to our room. (We had requested an accessible room which, oddly enough, was at the FAR END of the hallway from the elevator. Who the heck is their architect?) Anyway, after searching high and low the hotel said it had NO WHEELCHAIR. So we took our time and walked; I leaned on Jim to get to our room.

Next morning we asked again for a wheelchair, which should have come as no surprise to management but again - they had no wheelchair. I told the people at Marriott.com what happened but no one ever got back to me! Aside from failing to meet the Federal ADA requirements as a public accommodation, Marriott doesn't care about the comfort or safety of its guests. Shame on them. UPDATE: I tried to post a review on the hotel's website but it says that only guests who receive and complete a guest survey can post a review. Hmmm. I never got such a survey, however.

I have stayed at multiple Marriotts all over Georgia. In fact, I was at one in Atlanta last week. However, my experience at the Savannah Marriott on the Riverfront has been by far the worst experience I have had. I have stayed at a Super 8 with better quality of service. I had to go to the desk 3 times because my key would not work. I tried to call from the phone near the elevator and it did not work. When I got to the front desk, I refused to come up without an escort. I had to stand almost 20 minutes before they could get someone. To top it off, the hotel smells like mole is in the building. Mattresses are leaned against the wall in the hallway.

I decided to check my debit card account and then I realized that they had charged my card over $100. Keep in my mind, I had paid for my entire stay with a business check when I checked in. I called the front desk to ask why I was not told that would be charging my card over $100. Ashley was very rude and nasty. I called back to ask for the 1-800 number for the complaint line. This young lady gave me the wrong number. When I called back to tell her that she gave me the wrong number, she was not apologetic and again she was rude. I am going to make sure that I tell all my business partner about my experience at the Marriott in Savannah on the Riverfront.

I recently visited Atlanta to celebrate my 34th birthday with friends and family. I utilize Marriott frequently and have never been dissatisfied with the hospitality of the hotel staff. My stay at the Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill location was horrible. I called and spoke with Jessica ** on Wednesday 09/28/16 as I wanted to make sure my sister would be able to check in without me due to her plane arriving in Atlanta before me. Jessica took her information and I was advised to e-mail my discount letter to Jessica directly as she would need this before being able to check my sister in at the rate provided.

On Thursday 09/29/16, I received multiple calls from my sister because they were having issues checking in even though I had called and spoke to Jessica the night prior. I made another call to make sure everything was fine and advised Jessica that my brother would be checking in the next day as I wanted to confirm that my card would not be charged for his room as well. I was advised it wouldn't be and they would request a card from him. Thursday night, a guest of mine was outside and I was on the balcony. He was attempting to throw a black n' mild to me and it fell short of my rooms balcony and landed on the balcony of the room below.

The next morning (Friday 09/30/2016), I called to the front desk again and spoke to Jessica. I advised her that we had dropped a cigar on the balcony below and we needed to retrieve it. Jessica advised me that there was no one occupying the room and that she would go get it. I never heard from Jessica again and after about 2 hours, my guest went downstairs and saw housekeeping and asked them to retrieve it. We leave for the day and we come back around 3 to allow my brother to check in. We head to Lennoz Mall and I go to purchase something and my card gets declined. I check my balance and I see that Marriott has charged my card again for 220.00.

After speaking to my brother, I learn that the rep who checked my brother in never asked to see a debit or credit card. I was majorly confused because Jessica had gave my sisters a hard time the day before stating they needed me and my card to be present before they could charge it, yet the next day, my card was charged without my permission or knowledge with no problem. When I called the front desk the rep advised me they didn't need to see any ID or the credit card because it was on file and we have mobile check in. I advised her that this is not what Jessica told me and she stated she would send my complaint to the manager and I would hear something the next day.

Saturday (10/01/2016) I called to the front desk at 9 am because we had no toilet paper in our room. 9:30 comes, still no toilet paper. I call again and advise we were still awaiting toilet paper and could not use the restroom. Around 9:45, housekeeping knocks on the door and drops off a roll of tissue. About 45 minutes later there is another knock on the door. It is Jessica (who I later find out is the manager) and the young lady from housekeeping who just dropped off the toilet paper. Jessica states that she received two calls from hotel guests stating they smelled smoke coming from my room. I instantly become agitated because no one is smoking in the room. I ask Jessica can she smell smoke and she says, "no". I invite her in to check and she declines. She then states, if someone does smoke in the room it will be 250.00 charged to your card.

I advised her again that no one was smoking in the room and I said, "Well since you're up here can you please explain why my card was charged yesterday without my knowledge or permission". Jessica had no answer and could not answer why my sister was told they needed my card and ID to check in Thursday but they had no problem charging my card an additional 220.00 with no issue. Jessica stated she would comp me some points for the inconvenience. Jessica leaves and I assume all is well.

She comes back maybe 5 minutes later and asks to speak to me outside. She states that what really happened was they received a call on Thursday from a young lady stating they had dropped something on the balcony. Jessica then states "a large man" came to the room and was trying to get in without telling the housekeeper what was going on and then finally tells her that he is trying to retrieve **. I instantly look at Jessica and tell her that is a lie.

I said, "Jessica, I am the young lady that called the front desk. I spoke with you and I told you it was a cigar. You told me you would retrieve it and you never did." Jessica claims that she sent housekeeping to retrieve it. I am now frustrated because Jessica continues to lie and instead of apologizing she keeps trying to state that her housekeeping staff is right. I am attempting to go back in my room and she asks me when I am checking out. Please note that this is not the first time she has asked me this. I say Monday and she asks me, "Well do you want to check out now because there seem to be a lot of inconsistencies." I am instantly pissed because I can not believe that after accusing me of being a "**" and the countless other errors and troubles I had from this location, she would insult me by asking if I wanted to check out.

I asked her where did she suppose I go. She responded with, "I don't know". I went back in my room and ended the conversation. As if, they hadn't shows enough ignorance, when I opened my door to leave, there was a bag of towels in a bag connected to the door. There was no 'do not disturb' sign on my door and housekeeping never made an attempt to knock on the door and advise that they were there. They only left two towels (even though I had 4 people staying in the room). They never cleaned the room in all of the days I was there. They never retrieved the dirty towels and I had to go to the front desk on Sunday and get tissue because once again the room was never taken care of. I had to retrieve a trash bag from the front desk on two occasions so I could clean the room myself.

I'd like to bring a complaint to your attention regarding the Lakeway Marriott in Metairie, La. For this price point the service is ridiculous. I've stayed multiple times and the last one was the breaking point. I've been a repeat guest for 2 reasons: the proximity to my office and honestly, the Starbucks downstairs. I've had multiple problems mostly with housekeeping and room service. Valet doesn't offer to help out a bag in a car or even pop your trunk. Housekeeping is horrid. My bed has not been made multiple times, coffee and supplies not being replaced regularly, towels and washcloths not being replaced, toiletries not being replaced, and finding my prescription medicines and toothbrush on the ground near the trash. Room service will regularly get your order incorrect, but my last straw was when I ordered coffee, cream, and Splenda and received lukewarm carafe of coffee with 1 Splenda packet and no cup.

I called down to management and was hung up on 2 times and put on hold for well over 5 min the third time before talking to him. I explained the problem and he said that he wished I wasn't checking out that morning because he'd love to "make this right" for me. Upon me asking him to comp the horrible breakfast and send me up some coffee, he said he would do just that. Over 15 min later I received a cup and some Splenda, no cream as requested and no fresh coffee. Just got my bill and see nor did he comp the breakfast. For this price, this hotel is barely worth it. I have canceled my reservation for October and will not return. Shame too, I travel to this area often with other people from my company that will not return either to this specific property.

First there was no cart so pushed my sister's wheelchair while me and the 2 children carried all luggage, birthday gifts and cake. I asked for cart at front desk and was told there were only 3 and they were missing. We get to our room and not only is it not the 2 bed disabled room but because of furniture placement her chair will not fit thru door. We call front desk, l go downstairs with all luggage etc then go up to new room. Did I mention I had back surgery 7 months ago?

WiFi code did not work. We get to breakfast buffet and they ask for tickets, we were not given so we waited 15 minutes for that. All in all what should have been an enjoyable treat for my great niece was not. I travel a lot and this was one of the worst hotels.

Everyone was very friendly and made good suggestions for things to see and places to eat. It was better than I had expected for the area. Breakfast choices were adequate, and the lack of a bar is the only downside. There was a gym which I did not use so cannot comment on, but there was also an included breakfast which was a good start to the day and included wi-fi which was very quick and easy to log on to. The hotel was a little drive from downtown but not really out of town. It was only 5 minutes from the interstate and close to the lake. The curb appeal was excellent and the lobby looked comfortable. Check in was quick and pleasant.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Marriott brand started in 1957 with a single hotel. Now, there are more than 500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts worldwide, and Marriott International includes 19 brands in over 4,400 locations.

• Travel Brilliantly: Marriott Hotels & Resorts has a website dedicated to collecting customer suggestions called Travel Brilliantly. Visitors to the website can make suggestions or vote for other people’s suggestions. Each year, some of these ideas are selected as winners and implemented in the chain.
  • Environmental responsibility: Marriott International’s website clearly lists goals and deadlines for reducing the company’s impact on the environment. These goals include reducing water and energy consumptions by 20 percent by the year 2020 and ensuring their entire supply chain is green. The have dozens of LEED certified properties as well as properties with electric vehicle charging stations.
  • Member benefits: Members of Marriott’s free rewards program not only acquire points to book free stays but also get free Wi-Fi at the hotels, a dedicated customer service line and exclusive special discounts.
  • Meetings and events: The meeting and event spaces at Marriott Hotels & Resorts have been redesigned to focus on collaboration with open designs and natural lighting. They also have a staff of Meeting Experts who work with event planners to make their job easier and improve attendees’ experience.
  • Guestrooms: Marriott Hotels & Resorts’ guestrooms have a modern design with flexible spaces you can use to work or relax. At select locations, travelers who have a subscription to a streaming service, like Netflix or Hulu Plus, can stream content on the in-room television.
  • Best for Marriott Hotels & Resorts caters to travelers looking for a high level of customer service, a wide range of amenities and those looking to host a meeting or event.

Compare Hotel Brands