Marriott Hotels

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Courtyard Jersey City NJ -- I put my car in valet, it got ransacked. Stolen things from my car. Management couldn't really care too much. They were going to check the cameras. No locks got broken, or windows, so it had to be a inside job. I was there for a funeral. Just what I needed.

Atlanta Airport Marriott. I am a Platinum Elite Member! I have been staying at this hotel for more than 30 years...sadly...that is coming to an END! Always received the best of service at this hotel. I needed assistance with a larger or possibility corner room due to special circumstances. Front desk was "casual" at best upon my check in request. Room 1558 is newly renovated but does not allow room for extra luggage and hang-ups. I called down to front desk requesting assistance and was assured nothing available and would not be available to me. This Platinum card member misses the "old" ATL Airport Marriott and its helpful, friendly service. Thanks for "most" of the memories!!!

I had a nightmarish experience when security and management at Galleria Marriott erroneously assigned me to Swingers of Atlanta block of rooms then had me evicted and arrested by Cobb County police for refusing to participate in Swingers of Atlanta activities.

My fiance and I woke up covered in bites after a two-night stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites South Boston, Room 225, December 30 to January 1, 2017. We contacted the hotel to inform them and were told they'd pass the information along to their corporate office.

This is not a review on the hotel. This review is about Marriott Rewards. Stayed at a Marriott Autograph Collection hotel in Baton Rouge, La. They were just opening (mid-October 2016) and, in fact, we were guests even before the official opening. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was wonderful. Because it was my daughter's wedding, I booked several rooms, one of which was a suite. Marriott corporate personnel were on site as training was still being completed.

The Marriott corporate personnel training the front desk personnel even stated that since we were being so patient with them that they would add additional points to my rewards. After watching my rewards balance, I noticed that not even the reward points I should have earned were applied. I called the hotel and was told that I had to speak with Marriott Rewards. After going through several people, finally someone said if the hotel sent the folios showing that the stays were valid, they would credit my account. The folios were sent, but I still have yet to have the rewards applied. I sent emails afterwards to the contact with Marriott Rewards and they still did not respond. Ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Called to make a reservation at the Marriott in St. Thomas. I was staying 1 night because I was transferring to St. John the next day. I requested the cheapest room possible. Representative convinced me to book an upgraded room because I could get a "special rate" if I joined Marriott Rewards. I accepted. The rep NEVER mentioned that the rate was contingent on 45,000 points. I was creating a NEW rewards account, how was I expected to amass points prior to my stay? I would NEVER have accepted the room. I never received a confirmation email, because the rep inputted my email incorrectly. I had my confirmation number, so I did not give it another thought. When I checked out, the room was not the $185 promised, it was $499. A total bait and switch. Bait the customer with a low rate and switch to a higher rate when they don't have the required points, which would be impossible for a new customer.

Recently made a reservation at the Marriott San Jose, CR. I am a platinum member and this was my fourth trip to CR. During the reservation process on the Marriott site Marriott offered to make my car reservation with Hertz at a substantial discount and would add a bonus to my account. Our flight was delayed out of Miami due to air traffic over Cuba due to the Castro funeral. We arrived in San Jose about 2 hours late. I contacted Hertz to pick us up and was told that since we were late they did not have to honor the reservation.

Needless to say we were in a bind and stuck without car in a foreign country. After a day we did manage to acquire a car at three times the price of our original reservation with Avis. At this point neither Marriott or I seatz will take any responsibility... and I am waiting for a response from Hertz. I think that this situation needs some attention and renters should be made aware of the problem before it ruins their well planned vacation. One had to wonder why there is no accountability in this matter. Thanks.

Stayed one night, was bitten, went to front desk. They changed my room and no problem in new room but hotel stated couldn't prove it happened there so would not comp a night. NOT ever staying at the Courtyard in Charleston. 2540 n mall drive just a bad experience. Even had to go to urgent care.

A very clean, up to date hotel. You walk through the hotel to check in and you feel like you are in paradise. It's so elegant. The concierge are always looking to help you. I would suggest this hotel for your future plans. Most amenities are included in this hotel. If you need extra towels or even dry cleaning service the hotel will offer this. As part of the amenities they do have wake up calls and newspaper service. I would rate the customer service a A. They go over and beyond to make you smile, make your day and give you a good feeling for staying in their hotel.

No issues with the cleaning - it was clean and well taken care of. Usually newer too which is nice. It is cleaned daily and makes it very nice. I enjoy everything they provide. The hotel usually has coffee, and all the perks needed to get moving on a daily basis and it would be great to the ones with the fitness centers. I enjoy a rewards program because it honors those of us who stay with the hotel over and over. Makes me want to stay more with this hotel. They are always nice and consistent with all they provide. I always enjoy staying there.

Very clean and neat staff. Very helpful with all of your needs and request. Turn down service was appreciated. Receptionist at check in was great. Wi-fi, breakfast, room service and laundry services with great pool, family-friendly, and close to major attractions. Staff there easily anticipated our needs. Rewards program is helpful for future trips. It also comes with major perks. I would highly recommend the rewards program to coworkers, families, and friends. The front desk staff, laundry and housekeeping staff attend to your every need. They make your stay special for business or leisure. I've always enjoyed the customer service there.

The bedding and towels were clean and fresh. The room was kept well. Clean floors. Clean furniture. The wall hangings were dusted and clean as well. I was provided with soaps, hair dryer basically just minimal amenities. I rarely use a sewing kit on my visits when provided but this one occasion I could have used one and was not provided one. I was not aware of a points program although I am a member of other hotel rewards programs. This particular stay is not a part of my rewards program. The employees were welcoming. I found them knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful with any questions I had about nearby restaurants and shopping.

The hotel was spotless had clean linens and clean towels. Also had coffee in room and a refrigerator for snacks. Had wake up service. I would highly recommend this hotel. The hotel had free cable tv, complimentary breakfast with a very big selection of fresh fruit, juice of different kinds and a big selection of food. Also had king or queen size beds, extra towels, shampoo, conditioner, free lotion. Also had hair dryer, ironing board and iron.

They have a reward program where if you stay more than one time through the year you will get a free night. Also you join a membership and you get some points off of your airline tickets and if it is your anniversary you get a free stay. You also get so much off of concert tickets and other adventures. Customer service was excellent. Anytime I called for a reservation I always got the best deals. You could call anytime in the middle of the night and someone was always on the phone to help you. They know where all the activities are going on in the town you are going to be in and where everything is located. Very helpful.

Very clean. Cleaning staff working constantly in rooms and common areas, also outside. Staff is nicely and clean dressed. Cafe and restaurants were perfectly clean. Everything needed is presented there, rooms are equipped well, common areas including cafe, restroom, restaurants also have very good and updated amenities. I didn't have/use any reward programs. I was not offered any rewards neither when booking the hotel staying nor upon arrival and check out. Customer service was OK, though most of the time there were long lines for check in/check out counters and concierge. The room phone service was good.

The place was clean and tidy, which was very important to me. Also, I didn't notice any visible trash anywhere since sometimes I notice that trash cans were not emptied out. I enjoyed the free amenities during my stay. WiFi was great and not slow. Gym was 24/hr so I got to work whenever I wanted as I needed flexibility. I got rewards for reserving a stay at the hotel to earn even more rewards. I also redeemed my rewards for an upgraded room so I got a nice view of the city I stayed in. Everyone was professional, knowledgeable, and kind during my stay. I didn't experience any issues with customer service as they were very accommodating.

Even though we only stayed one night it was very clean. The bathroom, the kitchen, mat, the floors, and the overall room it smelled clean and looked clean. Very good for our first stay. Everything we need was provided with a smile and very process to on the whole experience we were very pleased. The rewards program is awesome. We were able to use the reward whenever we wanted to and the size of the reward was well worth the stay. The staff at customer service provider was so great. They answered all of our questions. Very pleasant and friendly staff we must love the experience.

Very clean. You could have eaten off the floor. Staff was wonderful for all things I needed. Glasses and bed were spotless. Floors where dusted and beautiful. Bottled water and free services on tv. Nothing was anything but first class. I will definitely go again. Room service was quick and tasty. I didn't use any reward programs. They are a waste of time. I can afford to stay wherever I choice. Reward program are for cheap low class people. Very nice. Very professional and wonderful. They did everything I asked. I love this hotel. Great customer service.

It was very clean inside. The beds were made nicely and the carpets were freshly vacuumed. The bathroom was spotless and the towels were hung nicely. The toiletries were readily available for a shower. The hotel we stayed at had a gym onsite, which was very clean and smelled nice. The room had a TV with cable channels. The pool was amazing! A very nice size and there was also a jacuzzi which I got good use out of. My husband is a rewards member with them. We have gotten free rooms, nice upgrades and even been able to use their rewards on their website. We were able to get a free DSLR camera and a kitchen stand mixer with our points! The customer service is phenomenal. They go above and beyond to make sure their guests are happy and well taken care of. Phone calls to the front desk are handled promptly and with a wonderful, cheerful attitude!

It was a great hotel to stay at and the cleaning crew went out of their way to make sure our accommodations were tidy and neat. I would use this hotel service again. They were sufficient amenities. They were easy to use and easy to find when needed. I would recommend this hotel based on the amenities. The customer service was very good at the hotel. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Anytime we needed anything they were very accommodating.

It was very clean. The sheets were tidy. I requested more towels and I received them within mins. The beds were nice. Garbage was changed everyday. They had a pool, laundry facilities. They also had a hot tub. They also had a fitness center. They were very clean and always warm. I liked the pool the most. It was fun to swim and play in. The front desk staff were very helpful. They showed me where the elevators were. They brought a thing for my luggage. They gave fliers on all the things that were happening in the city.

It was dirty enough to tell that it hadn't been really cleaned. The bed seemed like it wasn't changed. The floor was filthy but it was very roomy as well. I enjoyed it. The bed was huge, the sitting chairs were very comfortable and the table was a nice decent size. The tv could use some upgrading though. The customer service was very nice. It seemed as though they really wanted to help and make sure all of our needs were met. I felt like they really cared.

It was well stocked and they cleaned every day. It was very nice. I loved my stay there. Everyone was so friendly. The housekeepers were very nice and professional. It had plenty of things I needed for my stay. The fridge was nice and had plenty of room. The tv was awesome. It had a desk so that I could do my work easily. It had chairs for me to sit in so I didnt have to sit in bed all day. It was very nice. It let me earn free nights and had complimentary breakfast and free wifi. It was pretty awesome. I loved my room for my trip. They were very friendly and answered any concerns I had in a fast manner. They brought me anything I needed so I could enjoy my stay and be happy.

Cleanliness across the brand and location - bathrooms are especially clean/well maintained during multiple overnight stays. Much cleaner than others I have used in the past - RED ROOF INNS/COMFORT INNS/MOTEL 6. Carpets are clean but worn, walls show no marks, curtains close completely. I have been a JW Marriott rewards member for 15 years. I use my points accumulated at basic hotels, when I visit Marriott Resorts - LIKE GRANDE DUNES IN NORTH MYRTLE BEACH SOUTH CAROLINA. Grande Dunes is a favorite destination of mine. Reservations are never screwed up. Fast/rapid check in/check out. Ones I stay at in Pittsburgh and Detroit always have the parking area plowed out after a snowstorm.

The room service was pretty great and thorough. I've had experiences in the past where a well rated hotel similar to this one would still be hiding mysterious stains or not-so-clean towels. Once I had bedbugs. But this was nice. The food quality could've been a bit better, but maybe I'm just picky. The TV program selection was pretty outdated, but then again, most hotels are. The room service was timely and the check in and check out processes were quick and to the point. I never had to wait in a long line, and the wake up call was right on time.

Nearly perfect. They did not cut corners. Large rooms with lots of things to be cleaned. It was more than a cursory cleaning. For example cleaning in back and under items. This is what you would expect from a resort hotel. They had several themed restaurants for example and had someone bring you around in a golf cart type buggy. In room had everything you would expect. Whatever we needed there was always a cheerful and immediate response to us. Everyone was also quite knowledgeable. I know of no area here where they could improve.

Everything was clean at this the fairfield inn we stayed at in wilmington and we would stay there again if we go back to wilmington. The room and outside the inn were clean. We enjoyed the breakfast and using the pool. They also had exercise equipment and we were close to wrightsville beach. We liked the location. We were pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We did not have any issues while we were staying there. We enjoyed our stay and were pleased with the staff.

The rooms were clean. There were plenty of towels, bathroom was especially clean. There was fresh soaps and plenty of towels. The rooms had a nice, clean smell to them. They had good service. There was also a place for breakfast and dinner. They also had a pool along with a gym. They offered numerous rewards. There was valet parking, free internet services, a discounts on breakfast. They also offered shuttle system for your driving convenience. They had very good customer service. They had a friendly and nice attitude. They were also very speedy with your requests. They were quick with room service requests.

I stayed at the Crystal City Courtyard Marriott 2 weeks ago. I booked the room for 1 night just to attend a local party in DC and to go see the Eagles vs Redskins game. I checked in on Sat. night at 11pm, put my bags in the room and left out for the party. I returned to the room around 3am, slept from around 4am to 5:30 and was awakened to, what felt like mosquito bites. I jumped up to examine the sheets and pillows to find 2 bed bugs. I immediately contacted the front desk to notify them of the situation and to let them know that after taking some pictures and a shower, I would be right down. They informed me that the manager was not on duty until 8am but did switch my room.

I went back down there around 10am and she told me that the manager hasn't arrived but will be here by noon. I then informed them that I had tickets to the football game at 1. Went back down just before noon and she said between 12 and 1pm. Again I informed them of the game and she apologized. Went back down quarter to 1 and was told that the manager should be there any minute. At this point I knew that I wasn't going to make the game so they gave me a late checkout and I went back up to start watching the football game that was about to begin.

At halftime (2:25pm) I went back down to find out still no manager, confirmed all my information and told them that I was going to Champs (local sports bar) to finish watching the game. I was told that she will contact me as soon as she arrives and I also let them know that I would stop back by afterwards, on my way back to Philadelphia. The game ended and I drove back over there to find out the manager came but didn't stay because of an emergency. Now extremely frustrated, I let them know that this situation was lacking severity, and they were being very inconsiderate. A courtesy call would've been sufficient. Again just an apology. I went home and sent an email to Marriott Customer Care, then the next day, after work, I called the 800#. I was told that the matter would be sent to the GM and would be contacted in 3-5 days.

A week went by and no word from anyone so I sent them another email. I was contacted a few days later by email asking for the room reservation confirmation #. I sent them the name, room #, time and date. I received a reply asking for the reservation confirmation # again. I responded with all of the information and they responded apologetic and said that someone would be contacting me shortly. This is now 2 1/2 weeks later and still no call, no email, no type of any Marriott communication. I thought that a large chain as such would be more professional but instead it seems as if they want me to just forget about the whole situation. The bad thing about this is that I am a Marriott rewards member and am being forced to never stay at another one of their establishments because of the neglect. Everyone check your beds good when checking into a room.

I stayed at the Springhill suites international airport at the Newark NJ location on Friday Oct. 21, 2016 and I checked out Sunday the 24 of Oct. 2016. Upon arriving home I then noticed that my card was charged an additional $189 for a comforter that they are saying that I took, which never happened. I WAS a loyal rewards member of Marriott up until now. The operations manager David ** that I spoke with was very rude and the General Manager Alison ** seem to be impatient as I explained my situation. The impression that I'm under is that Marriott employees don't make mistakes or mix ups, as the manager told me there was No way that they could have made a mistake and that the odds of this happening was very slim.

As I went on to further investigate my account I noticed that there were more charges that they sent my account into over draft. I just need someone to listen and help me get a refund of my $189 because I do not have a comforter from Marriott. I have never had an issue like this with Marriott before and I was a satisfied customer up until now. P.S. what happened to the customer is always right???

I recently stayed at the Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane and was dismayed to discover an extra credit card charge. A member of the hotel staff (Adriana) informed me that this was due to smoke damage to the room. The hotel manager, Ms. Emily **, said that she personally inspected the room and noticed the smoke damage. Neither my husband nor I smoke. We never have. We had no guests in our room. While there I did notice a slight odor but chose not to complain about it. Despite advising Ms. ** that we are prepared to sign affidavits to this effect she refused to reverse the charge.

Compare Hotel Brands