Marriott Hotels

Marriott Hotels

1.5/5 (35 ratings)

About Marriott Hotels

Marriott Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

I have been a loyal Marriott member and have always stayed at their properties when traveling. We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from 19th Dec 2022.

when we checked in, the valet did a walk-through of the vehicle. At the time of checking out on 22nd, I noticed damages at the front and immediately alerted the valet. I was promised a quick resolution, but it has been more than a month.

They finally got back a couple of days back, and declined my claim. At this point all I need to see are the videos from the 3 nights we were there. I feel they are hiding something and wanted to alert everyone to be careful when parking there. I’m hoping this post will alert them to take some action. Everything else was fine but this was a big dampener to an otherwise wonderful vacation.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

My stay at Residence Inn by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas was not so good. I had just sold my home and was in escrow for my new home. My family and I needed a place to stay while we waited so I chose to stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott because it seemed to be a safe place being that there is only one way in and out of the hotel parking lot, surveillance cameras and a security guard at the gate to check you in at night. I was wrong during my stay my moving truck was stolen.

During the investigation the security guard said he had seen nothing and the hotel couldn't find anything on the surveillance recordings. We did file a police report with the Sacramento police department in hopes this type of crime can be prevented in the future. There was no sort of compensation even offered by the hotel management for what had happened to us. It seemed like just another day. I would not choose to stay here again or recommend that anyone else does. This establishment is not a safe place to stay. There is a false sense of security. We paid over two thousand dollars to stay here and lost more than that in our belongings that were stolen.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I stayed extra nights, paid extra and always chose Marriott as I built up my status. I was treated better as a gold than I have been as a Titanium. I have never been upgraded, the lounges are not stocked where I have been. I had no water at one hotel in PA and made a complaint when had to follow up for over a month and nothing was ever done. Now, I am using all of my points to book a vacation. I got my confirmation and was left 1K points in my account. Two months after booking, I called to add Suite Nights to my stay and was told that my reservation was on 'hold and I now needed 65K more points to keep my reservation'. I was never warned or told about that. They put in a case number to ask to keep my original reservation with the points and no one ever followed up (again). So, I called and when I did reach someone I was basically told 'there is nothing I can do'. I am so angry and will be switching my loyalty to Hilton after this point.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Upon checking in by Monica, I was not told about breakfast, which was going to be ending at 10 am. It was about 9 am when I checked in. I thought I missed breakfast until another friend of mine who was staying at the same hotel told me she had breakfast. Later I was informed that because I booked through Expedia, even though I didn’t know who I booked through because I used my American Express booking. I had an event to go to. While taking a shower the drain starting being stopped up. It was an inconvenience because it made me run late for my event. After the event, I informed the clerk about it. They said someone would come to check on it in the morning. No one came.

One of the lamps went out, no repair, the carpet was not vacuumed behind the door. Before checking out, I went down to addressed these issues again, people were checking in and there was a long line. I walked to the side door to inquire about Anton, the manager and Monica told me that the Mgr. Anton wasn’t coming into work until 1 pm, however, I was told by the night clerk he would be in at 10 am. Very dissatisfied at the Midtown NYC Location on 40th street.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Marriott charged my debit card for a stay I never had. I haven't been to San Antonio in 10 years but they allowed Fraud to happen on my debit card by not actually having the card (still in my possession) or checking ID. Still waiting on a call from the hotel, but they don't care! These big woke corporations suck, and really couldn't care less about their customers.

Resolution response: Jan. 20, 2023

Marriott has resolved my issues. I appreciate them diligence to resolve the matter.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I stayed at Marriott hotels for over a 130 nights in 2022 and as of Dec 1 I had spent 19,740 dollars. I called Marriott and Asked if I stayed at a hotel on Dec 31 would the money count towards 2022 so I can meet my 20,000 spend for the year to get to Ambassador Elite and I was told absolutely. I booked a staycation in Fl and booked 550 dollar room to get the spend I needed. Now Marriott is refusing to give me the Ambassador Elite status and saying the money does not count for 2022 but 23 since it was on Dec 31. I went out and spent 550 dollars and do not meet the status. If they do not make this right I will never stay in a Marriott again and will be looking at my legal options.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I have been with SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) since 2008 and received exceptional customer service the entire time with them. I never had a bad experience, and always looked forward to how the system was run and operated. It was easy to use, and the fees were doable. Since Marriott took over the SPG and Vistana Network for Timeshare ownership, the company has gone downhill. They no longer care about how things are handled, customer service is no more, and they only want to push buying into the new points system when going to owners' meetings to get actual updates. I will never buy more options or points and could care less about that. However, they get rude and pushy when you try to get owner update information without additional purchase. I mean, come on, I spent $160,000 on vacations, not to mention the $6,500 annual fees; you would expect to receive some answers to questions.

SPG advisors could always answer questions or pass us along to someone who could help. Instead, the recent timeshare salesman now says, "those questions are above my pay scale." This Club points and Abound system are a joke! I'm a deeded owner in both Maui and Kauai, and I find it funny how I get phone calls all the time about an "upgrade" option... Just give back my deeds, and for $18,000 for each location, I can get more points to use in the flex program. Sorry, I'll keep the deeds. Or you can give me back $35,000 and take them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I'm only giving one star because it's what's what's required to leave a review. This hotel is money hungry and discriminatory! After spending the weekend in this hotel I was charged $ 250 for "damage" because color from a bonnet that I wore to sleep transferred color to a pillowcase. After seeing the charge, I reached out to the hotel and was told that it looked like hair dye and they threw the items out without attempting to wash them. After reaching out multiple times over the last two months, I've been told that I cannot get my money back because it caused "irreparable damage" to the sheets. I'm not sure how that is if there was never any attempt to wash the sheets. I've been wearing bonnets and hair coverings to bed for over 30 years and I've always been able to wash my sheets and never have an issue with staining! I'd never recommend this place to people of color that need to protect their hair when they sleep!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

Since the merger happened and Bonvoy happened, the brand has significantly declined. I have been. Loyal customer and find that the team members that have known me, my loyalty, etc, are gone and I’m questioned like I’m a criminal. If you contact guest relations they are of zero help and do not intervene to Advocate on the guests behalf. I was in a hotel fire where the hotel refused to call the fire department but hotel staff was banging on my room door at 3am to wake me up - not remove me from my room -and the CEO's office defended these bad actions to the ground. (Also said the front desk is just as qualified to put out fires as the fire department). It’s disappointing…. You have guests who are very loyal and you back up such terrible behavior instead to making it a teachable moment. This is still a customer service industry and you are headed for another wave of COVID/flu/rsv…

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I almost always stay at a Marriott hotel when it's possible for the area I'm visiting. My biggest complaint is the Wi-Fi connectivity! It attempts to automatically connect because it's the same name without taking me to the sign in page which doesn't work. I then have to forget the network and try again which also doesn't work. So most of the time I end up having to use my data! The Wi-Fi should have a unique name to each location so this doesn't happen.

Marriott author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Marriott brand started in 1957 with a single hotel. Now, there are more than 500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts worldwide, and Marriott International includes 19 brands in over 4,400 locations.

• Travel Brilliantly: Marriott Hotels & Resorts has a website dedicated to collecting customer suggestions called Travel Brilliantly. Visitors to the website can make suggestions or vote for other people’s suggestions. Each year, some of these ideas are selected as winners and implemented in the chain.

• Environmental responsibility: Marriott International’s website clearly lists goals and deadlines for reducing the company’s impact on the environment. These goals include reducing water and energy consumptions by 20 percent by the year 2020 and ensuring their entire supply chain is green. The have dozens of LEED certified properties as well as properties with electric vehicle charging stations.

• Member benefits: Members of Marriott’s free rewards program not only acquire points to book free stays but also get free Wi-Fi at the hotels, a dedicated customer service line and exclusive special discounts.

• Meetings and events: The meeting and event spaces at Marriott Hotels & Resorts have been redesigned to focus on collaboration with open designs and natural lighting. They also have a staff of Meeting Experts who work with event planners to make their job easier and improve attendees’ experience.

• Guestrooms: Marriott Hotels & Resorts’ guestrooms have a modern design with flexible spaces you can use to work or relax. At select locations, travelers who have a subscription to a streaming service, like Netflix or Hulu Plus, can stream content on the in-room television.

Marriott Hotels Company Information