Marriott Hotels

Marriott Hotels

3.2/5 (1931 ratings)

About Marriott Hotels

Marriott Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The organization I work for had their annual Network Meeting at the Marriott Marquis in San Antonio, CA from 9/06-09/10/2022. Over 1500 employees attended the week long event, which costs over $200 per night, as well as a $1000 registration fee. During my stay, I purchased a $1200 gold chain for my wife's birthday at Macy's. I left the merchandise in a Macy's bag, which was also enclosed in a jewelry box. I also had other merchandise in the Macy's bag. On the day was scheduled to leave, I noticed the bag was missing. I searched everywhere for the bag and could locate it. I contacted the loss prevention at at the hotel who indicated that they would file a report indicating that merchandise was missing from the room. No one should have access to my room except Marriott staff who's responsible for cleaning the room.

Edna **, the manager on duty, indicated that I would receive a call the next day to confirm the information, and that a thorough investigation would be conducted. Needless to say, I was not contacted until 2 days later, after I contacted the number Edna provided. The gentleman that contacted me confirmed the information in the report and indicated that I would receive a call the next day with the results of the investigation. After two more days of no notification, I was notified by email from Brenton Newhouse, an Adjuster, that indicated "they were not responsible for guest property not in the care of the hotel management, etc.." The basis of the decision was based on at act that was enacted in 1872.

My problem is that no one bother to contact me to tell me the decision. In addition, based on the the decision that was rendered, no investigation was conducted. The statute referred to actually says that their liability is limited to $500-1000 is such a loss. This was not explained to me, only that I was basically *** out of luck. I refuse to believe that this is somehow a blanket policy applied to all in a similar situation. I'm not sure what criteria is used to determine which loss merits an actual investigation, but I'm certainly wished my loss met that standard. I've written to the corporate office for an explanation, and have heard nothing back.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I had 7 stays at Courtyard in a three week period and did not receive my points or promotion points. I called customer service at least 10 times just so they could waste my time. Emailed my receipts 5 times just to have them say that they won’t accept emails. Then they tell me to send them in my folio which will not work because their app sucks. NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY AT A MARRIOTT HOTEL!!!!

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

First, let me state that I've got over 450k Convoy points. I've been staying in a Marriott hotel for over a year. The staff in the hotel is great, but Marriott corporate consistently sends a resounding message that guests don't matter. Corporate can't simply arrange to provide reliable Internet service. This is a given in any minimally decent hotel. Marriott will tell you they do it, but they don't. Here, it's constantly down and can take up to a few days to fix. Corporate doesn't respond. All it does is place guests on hold or pass people around. If you're fortunate enough to reach a person, then you're wasting your time because they don't care. This is a large corporation that treats customers like garbage that's discarded. It should be driven out of business! I will NEVER stay at a Marriott property after leaving here. To hell with their points.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

First, I would like to say that my family and friends (at our previous recommendation) have always stayed at the Marriott Riverwalk (we are even Marriott rewards members) when visiting San Antonio, until now. WE WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN. I used Booking.com to book a one-night 8/11/2022 - 8/12/2022 quick trip last weekend. I specifically chose the free cancellation booking because we weren't sure if we were going to go. Our daughter is heading back to school this week and we decided to not be frivolous as she needed everything for back to school and of course like everyone else we are on a budget. I canceled the reservation on 8/10/2022 in PLENTY OF TIME. More than 24 hrs. before we needed to cancel. I received a confirmation from booking.com that the reservation was canceled and that there was a ZERO charge to my card.

Well, I woke up Thursday morning and looked at my bank account because I was going to take my daughter school shopping while I still had the scheduled time off, and Marriott charged me $344.06 for the reservation even though we canceled on time and didn't even set foot on the property. Of course, I spent ALL DAY getting the run around between Marriott and Booking.com as to who actually charged me (the charge appeared as Marriott but the representative at the property front desk said it wasn't them). I was then referred back to Booking.com who then tried to say it wasn't them and directed me back to the property front desk. This back and forth went on for HOURS. I was then told by a representative with Booking.com that they got a hold of the property and that my refund was processed.

TO DATE 8/16/2022 I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY REFUND FROM MARRIOTT. I have told all of my family and friends, who were all loyal Marriott customers (and rewards members), and they have all sworn they will use either the Hilton or Wyndham from now on for their visits to San Antonio. Marriott Hotels and Booking.com have single-handedly ruined the best vacation memories our families have ever had with this one incident.

To arbitrarily debit someone's account without even a sorry or explanation as to how and why it happened is ridiculous in itself BUT to lie and say you have refunded someone when you clearly have not is absolutely disgusting and inexcusable. Of course, Marriott doesn't care because the money didn't come out of their bank account, and Marriott executives, or the manager or front desk clerk didn't wake up with $344.06 missing from their paycheck or bank account so I can see why there is no sense of urgency to refund the lowly consumer.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

After a 19hour drive between Houston and Virginia, I decided to stop for the night halfway in Montgomery. I tried to contact the local Courtyard but kept getting redirected to the call center where I booked my room. After driving another 5 hours I arrived at the Montgomery Courtyard around 10 PM. I showed the person at the desk my reservation number and she told me she couldn't check me in. I asked if there were any rooms available and she said yes but her "system" was down. There was nothing she could do. Now I'm exhausted and pretty upset. I called the central booking number and they couldn't do anything. I'm a gold elite member due to the number of times I stayed at Marriott locations. No more! I drove a mile down the road, walked into a Hilton and had a good night's rest. I couldn't even get a manager the next day to explain my issue. Customer service is not what it used to be at Marriott and because of that they lost a customer!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022
    Okay. So, I made a reservation at a franchise of Marriott Hotel in Portland, Maine on July 20th for August 1st. As soon as I clicked on the calendar, a window popped up asking me if I wanted to buy a discounted room. AAA, AARP, or a Senior were the choices that were displayed. Since I’m a senior and get these all the time, I selected one. Who wouldn’t, right? After that, I saw another window pop up that had details about their cancelation policy. I just clicked through it because I saw no reason why I’d want to cancel. But what happened later was, two days later, I had to cancel. Something not under my control. I got an email confirming our reservation, that it had been successfully cancelled. But it never came off my credit card. I called the hotel. They said they couldn’t refund me. And it was for $356. They said they would give me half that. I said, “No. This was an honest mistake on my part.” And I think it was a mean trick for them to pull people into getting a discount thing, and then throw this thing up there that basically said you can’t cancel this, which I didn’t see. Besides, they have plenty of time to fill the slot with another customer. And I just feel like corporate America has gotten really mean to their customers. And I will never patronize Marriot again. And I would put it all over social media. Trying to dispute this was a nightmare. And so, I’m gonna get a lawyer involved and see if I can do something about it through ConsumerAffairs. Anyway, that’s my story.
    Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

After a long drive arriving at the Springhill was a pleasant experience, it was clean and the staff was so friendly and helpful. They were quick to check us in. The room was clean, attractive, and comfortable. Having the bathroom separated into two areas is such a great idea. Being disabled having all of the bars, and the tub seat available made things safe for myself and my blind companion. We could sleep well-knowing everything had been so well cared for. Well done Springhill Inn Florence KY!

Original review: July 29, 2022

I made reservations, realized within 30 minutes, our car started to fail. We made it to the next town. I called the hotel instantly to let them know, we could not make our reservation. They charged me for the night anyway. Almost $400 with a cancellation fee. I explained the circumstances, that were beyond our control. The young woman I spoke with was exceedingly rude. I explained that I was a Bonvoy member; Silver Elite.

She actually laughed, and said my statice was not high enough for same day cancellations. Mind you; I hadn’t even received an email confirmation number before canceling. I have never cancelled a reservation with Marriott in all the many years as a member. However, this day has changed my perception of Marriott, and I will not be staying in another Hotel affiliated with them again. Be warned; they will not, regardless of an emergency or extenuating circumstance, be sympathetic. Loyal customers are expendable!

Original review: July 15, 2022

I called to cancel a room in Key Largo, asking if I could get forgiven a reservation. They said, "Yes and we’ll refund your money of $281. We saw that the reservation got canceled, right after we called." The money was never credited. I called the hotel and Marriott, neither would call me back but finally got an answer of too bad because the policy was 3 days. What makes me mad is I would of stayed there if they had been honest and said no, instead of losing $281. Also, I didn’t t get any points towards stays because they cancelled it. So I cancelled them.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I’m a Titanium Member and I travel week after week. I always look forward to their hot breakfast but now they suddenly stopped their hot breakfast which is sad. When you’re paying $170-$250, the least you can do is continue your hot breakfast. The Concierge is a joke now and you’re lucky to get water.. When you travel as much as I, look out for your members. Hilton Brands will be next choice of hotels. They have the best hot breakfast and their concierge lounges are fully stocked with drinks and snacks. People rely on the breakfast.

Marriott author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Marriott brand started in 1957 with a single hotel. Now, there are more than 500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts worldwide, and Marriott International includes 19 brands in over 4,400 locations.

• Travel Brilliantly: Marriott Hotels & Resorts has a website dedicated to collecting customer suggestions called Travel Brilliantly. Visitors to the website can make suggestions or vote for other people’s suggestions. Each year, some of these ideas are selected as winners and implemented in the chain.

• Environmental responsibility: Marriott International’s website clearly lists goals and deadlines for reducing the company’s impact on the environment. These goals include reducing water and energy consumptions by 20 percent by the year 2020 and ensuring their entire supply chain is green. The have dozens of LEED certified properties as well as properties with electric vehicle charging stations.

• Member benefits: Members of Marriott’s free rewards program not only acquire points to book free stays but also get free Wi-Fi at the hotels, a dedicated customer service line and exclusive special discounts.

• Meetings and events: The meeting and event spaces at Marriott Hotels & Resorts have been redesigned to focus on collaboration with open designs and natural lighting. They also have a staff of Meeting Experts who work with event planners to make their job easier and improve attendees’ experience.

• Guestrooms: Marriott Hotels & Resorts’ guestrooms have a modern design with flexible spaces you can use to work or relax. At select locations, travelers who have a subscription to a streaming service, like Netflix or Hulu Plus, can stream content on the in-room television.

Marriott Hotels Company Information