2. Travel

Marriott Hotels

4.0/5 (1120 ratings)

About Marriott Hotels

Marriott Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Original review: April 10, 2021

My experience with Marriott has been nothing shy of amazing! My recent stay was in Aruba with my husband for my birthday before the Pandemic took over our traveling plans. The service, cleanliness and friendly staff was absolutely fantastic. We both have decided that when traveling abroad, we will make Marriott properties our 1st option to consider for lodging, if available.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Me and my husband stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott this week while we were visiting family in Georgia. 1st the customer service is good. They were kind, courteous and quick to resolve our concerns. 2nd the rooms, especially the bathroom needs some renovation. Overall I rated it a 4 due to excellent customer service and decent rooms.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2021

The cleanest, quietest hotel! The food is great too. Only downside, they have changed the air conditioning units to wall unit. It didn't get cool enough for me????

They will let you do a credit card on hold and will let you pay the stay with cash. I wish they were a bit cheaper for weekday stays...

Original review: March 28, 2021

I stayed at a Marriott Hotel for a month couple years ago in Tampa Florida when I was going to have a kidney transplant at Tampa General Hospital. I chose this hotel because it offered transportation to and from the hospital and was relative within 3 miles. The hotel also was a suite with a mini kitchen, a setup for a long term stay. I found the hotel to be clean and newly renovated and the staff was extremely friendly. I truly enjoyed being there and because of that experience I always go back there whenever I go to Tampa.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Christy stayed on the phone with me almost an hour after her shift ended. I had trouble getting ahold of one of the hotels and she did everything she could to get me the information I wanted. I would thank her a MILLION times if I could!!! What a sweet and professional woman. I wish I could speak to her every time I needed help resolving anything with Marriott!! THANK YOU CHRISTY!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Honestly Marriott as a whole has lost me as a customer. My reservation could not be filled as the block of rooms were not "ready". Being I had waited from just before 3 pm (as mother of the bride, I had tons of stuff to bring in) until I finally had taken a room on the first floor 3:35 pm (away from all) as my mom is 91 yrs old and didn't need to be sitting in the Lobby especially with Covid! Second we had a party in the lobby the night of the rehearsal dinner. I cleaned up that area at approx 11:30 pm as I knew I had to be up at 5am. I was given a "cart" by the staff and had loaded everything on it as we were going to also hang out after the wedding.

Well after the wedding when the cart was brought out there were 5 bottles of wine missing. I did go to the front desk and asked for her to check in the back as I knew what was there as I had bought and also packed it up. Not only had she had an attitude, she was reluctant to check. She said she would call her manager and file a complaint. I said, "You can check the Cameras as again I was the one to had cleaned the area, my son in law threw out the garbage."

So now I was being told that members of our party were in the lobby at 330 am and they were drinking! I asked every one of our people if they went down and happened to also drink the wine as it was gone. I was told that there was also another wedding party there that was drinking Vodka and let the area pretty messy.

My big question to the manager the following morning as she told me the night woman called to her, was WHY was my cart even out at 330am when it was packed HOURS prior? Also my room was never cleaned after the first night and then I was told "oh due to Covid" they do not clean the rooms if you stay more than the one day! Really, no making my bed or clean towels anymore? Trust me there is more to state. But for sure I will not return to Marriott.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I had a recent stay at Fairfield Inn. I booked last minute in the middle of a 3 day power outage with on a dark a s story night. I discovered after I was dropped off at the hotel that my wallet was back in my dark powerless home. The staff was extremely rude, no empathy for my situation and I did not get a proper explanation as to why I could not Check into the hotel with proof of my booking and other identification of who I was on me. The best they could do was put me on a phone with a rude manager who suggested I walk away from my non refundable booking and go to another hotel. I finally had my dad find my id and stop it off. The room was clean but uncomfortable mattress, and fluorescent outdoor light that filtered in the room.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I am getting married at a Marriott in February. So I wanted to set up a room block. I was blown away when I received the proposal. You would think when doing a room block for 20+ room you would get the best rate they offered. This is not the case at all!! The standard rate for two adults at this resort is $607. What they offered me was $596 for two adults a night. If you go to the website and put in a senior discount it is $ 526 for two adults and the AAA is $557. I of course asked why and was told it is because the concessions I will receive. You get some discounts at the spa and golf etc and free rooms for every 15 booked.

All of that stuff is great for me but not my guests. You are essentially asking or having them pay for the rooms we could earn because they are paying close to $75 a night more than your other discount. So I guess just beware if you are booking through a group. The group rate is horrible. Book on your own and get a better rate. This whole thing was so crazy for me. I have went to many wedding where the group rate way exceeded any other discount they offered.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Upon arrival at the Hotel their Computer Reservation System was not working. They could not swipe my Credit Card, but I returned the next morning and presented them with my Capital MasterCard. After returning home, I discovered they had a Netspend Visa Debit Card on File, and billed both my MasterCard and Visa. Told I was due an $813.00 Credit to my Visa Card, but nothing to date 2 weeks later and emails to both Marriott.com and directly to the Courtyard Hotel in Aruba. They took my money in one quick swipe but cannot seem to figure how to credit their error which they keep acknowledging. No Excuse - Poor Billing and Front Desk operation.

Original review: June 17, 2021

In November 2020 I booked a room at a Marriott property I had previously stayed at with no issues. The reason for my booking was to be closer to my adult children after I had a major surgery and needed some help and rest. When I checked in they could not find my rewards account but I felt that was minor. When I got to my room it was not as clean as I would have expected during the height of COVID. When I went to take a shower the following morning I found mold and mildew caked and dripping down the walls. I was not about to shower in that so I called the front desk. Nobody answered so I walked down. I was told I would need to leave the room so they could clean it. I asked how long and they said 2 hours. I explained I had just had a major surgery and 2 hours out was going to really be pushing my limits but I would take a couple of my kids to breakfast and be back after 2 hours.

I returned 3 hours later to find nobody had even entered the room at all. I called back down to the front desk and they again told me to leave and they would get it taken care of. At this point I just asked one of my kids if I could go lay on their sofa. I called every couple hours until 7 pm when I was finally told the room was clean. When I arrived back at the room again I found that the shower had not been touched, the rest of the room had not been cleaned and there was a stack of two towels on the sofa. I called the desk again. They said they would send someone right up and for me to just step out for a bit again! Upon returning I still found the moldy mildewed shower and cleaned it myself. Half way through I stopped and took video which I wish I could post here so nobody else pays over $200/nt for less than Motel 6 quality.

I had to extend my stay one night and no other hotels were available so I asked the front desk if I could book one more night and showed them a rate on a third party app (if I had to stay in filth I at least wanted the beat deal which was still over $200). But the desk person “didn't know how to do that” and told me to book it on the third party site then mentioned after I did I would not get any points for it because I booked through the app (that they told me too). I called the manager after checking out. I was so sore and tired while there. I just didn’t have the fortitude to deal with it then and I was told the manager would be off until a few days following my check out anyways.

When we spoke he seemed sincerely concerned. I explained as a business owner myself I wanted to give him the opportunity to rectify the situation before reporting it to the health department or the Corporate office. He asked me to send him the videos and said he would reply when he received them. He also stated since my stay was booked through a third party app (at his employee's request) he could not refund me but would credit me in points for the equivalent of a one night stay at that property. Three weeks later I had emailed him three times following up and he finally responded. He stated he had credited me 20,000 points which was equal to a one night stay. Imagine my shock when I went to book a room at the property and it was 80,000! So I get credited one quarter of one night of a three night stay??

I should have simply been immediately moved to a room with no mold that was clean. If that wasn’t available then the manager should have done as he promised and credited for a full night stay. When I called customer service to give them feedback they kept me on the phone for over an hour to confirm that yes that’s exactly what I would be getting. My silence has not been purchased by Marriot. I was under the impression they were being accountable for an egregious error but they lied and made it worse. DO NOT patronize this shady Company. They lie, they are filthy and they completely disrespect their patrons.

Marriott author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Marriott brand started in 1957 with a single hotel. Now, there are more than 500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts worldwide, and Marriott International includes 19 brands in over 4,400 locations.

• Travel Brilliantly: Marriott Hotels & Resorts has a website dedicated to collecting customer suggestions called Travel Brilliantly. Visitors to the website can make suggestions or vote for other people’s suggestions. Each year, some of these ideas are selected as winners and implemented in the chain.

• Environmental responsibility: Marriott International’s website clearly lists goals and deadlines for reducing the company’s impact on the environment. These goals include reducing water and energy consumptions by 20 percent by the year 2020 and ensuring their entire supply chain is green. The have dozens of LEED certified properties as well as properties with electric vehicle charging stations.

• Member benefits: Members of Marriott’s free rewards program not only acquire points to book free stays but also get free Wi-Fi at the hotels, a dedicated customer service line and exclusive special discounts.

• Meetings and events: The meeting and event spaces at Marriott Hotels & Resorts have been redesigned to focus on collaboration with open designs and natural lighting. They also have a staff of Meeting Experts who work with event planners to make their job easier and improve attendees’ experience.

• Guestrooms: Marriott Hotels & Resorts’ guestrooms have a modern design with flexible spaces you can use to work or relax. At select locations, travelers who have a subscription to a streaming service, like Netflix or Hulu Plus, can stream content on the in-room television.

Marriott Hotels Company Information