1.0/5 (55 ratings)

About Westgate Resorts

Westgate Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

This place does not even deserve one star. My boyfriend and I were approached at Universal regarding a reward of $150 and a continental breakfast in exchange for 90 minutes of our time to learn about this company's timeshares. We also had to put down $20 for our “reservation,” but were told we would get the money back upon arrival. This man assured us it would only be for 90 minutes and we could come at 8am and have plenty of time for the rest of our day. We have been to other timeshare presentations before and thought this one would go the same…Wrong.

We get to the “resort” and automatically it felt very off. As soon as we parked our car a worker approached us and offered valet parking. We didn’t really like the idea as 1) we are driving a rental and 2) wanted to leave when we were ready. When we walked in, we filled some paperwork out and sat down in a lobby with a couple other families, which is where it started to go downhill. This family sitting by us tells us how we should leave because they are going to basically hold us hostage for 3-4 hours and that’s why they valet parked our car so we couldn’t leave until they were done with the “presentation.” This family told us they had put down $300 and couldn’t get their money back until they completed the presentation which caused them to miss their park reservation the day before.

After hearing this we decide we do not want to stay, but right when we get up to leave our names get called. My boyfriend told our sales lady that we needed to leave. I told her that we do not have that large of a time frame and she ASSURED AND PROMISED that she could do the presentation in under 30 minutes. She joked that we could even set a timer, which we did. We even skipped the breakfast to make the “presentation” go by quicker.

From here is was your typical timeshare spiel. She went over what they offer, how their company works, and how much it was going to cost. Regardless of if we were interested, they didn’t even have what we we would be looking for. They were out of the 1 and 2 bedrooms and only had a 3 bedroom available, which is too much space for us and out of our budget. The conversation should have ended here, but wait there’s more. It was quickly approaching the 90 minutes and we told her that we needed to go. She then has us get up and takes us to a different room where we thought we would be leaving, considering we told her we going to be late to our reservation. Wrong again.

She then proceeds to show us the “history” of the company and leads us outside to where the golf carts are. Immediately when we saw this we did not want to go because we had prior plans at 10:30 and did not have the time to be taking an extensive tour of a property we weren’t interested in. She once again ASSURES us that she is taking us to get our car, but we have to go to a different building, which is supposedly where the car is parked (it was in fact not where the car was parked).

We agree and we start heading towards another building. The building she brings us to is where they show you an example set up of what you could own. We had ZERO interest in seeing anything at this point as we were not interested and we were especially not interested in a company that doesn’t respect its customers' time. She then tells us that she will skip the rest of the tour since we are in a hurry and now she will take us to get the car. Wrong, again.

She then brings us to another building where her manager is now going to pitch the sale to us. He sits down and we immediately tell him that we do not have time and we need to leave. He tells us that “he understands, but we’re interrupting him which will make this take longer.” He then said something along the lines of “so why don’t you let me write down my offer for the cameras to see so she gets paid and doesn’t get in trouble, fair?” I flat out told him what’s fair about signing a contract that states we would ONLY BE HERE FOR 90 MINUTES and then keeping us for 2 1/2 hours. Guaranteed if we didn’t keep pressuring them that we needed to leave we would’ve spent at least 4-5 hours telling these people no.

He proceeds to write his “deal” down and then leaves. We again tell our sales lady that we are not interested due to finances. She then has ANOTHER women come over who asks us how our experience has been. We told her it was terrible as we have been here longer than we were promised. Without really even acknowledging that we told her you people made us miss our reservation she tries to offer us a weeks stay at their “resort” for a “discounted fee.”

At this point we were feeling aggressive as one can imagine and we don’t even let her finish and tell her we NEED TO LEAVE. You know what this lady told us? “These presentations are never as short as they tell you, next time say no if you are approached.” No I’m sorry, how can we make this better? Nothing. She then tells us how to get our prize and tells us we have to take a 15 MINUTE shuttle to retrieve our car.

This whole experience was disgusting and if this company ever thought I would give them business after disrespecting my time and breaking a contract, they are out of their mind. I have never been treated so poorly. Only positive outcome is we got did get our full $170. And again, we have been to two timeshare presentations in the past and they have never been like this. This place is a joke and based on the reviews I’ve read, the place is run down and isn’t maintained well. I feel bad for the sucker who gets themselves into this trap.

Original review: July 7, 2022

This club is a joke- we were told we could book out as early as 3-4 months and for two years we haven’t even been able to book a year out- every time everywhere is always booked. They said fees would not go up. That was a lie. Do not I repeat do not fall for it.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2022

The salesman started with a price of around $72,000 but after multiple rejections he was down to around $20,000 which was a red flag to me. When I told him I wanted to research more, he got a little attitude and said I would never bye by researching (so he want you to spend big money with no research, red flag again). The room was great in Orlando. I recommend everyone to just do the promotional ad and move on. I got a great room for the week for about $350 (upgrade to the 1 bedroom).

Original review: June 7, 2022

Criminal crooks. Thought we was getting a really good deal. Was told we had three years to take the five vacations. We paid $300 down out of the 1295. Found out a couple weeks ago that four of them had to be taken in 18 months. That’s not what I was told when I got them. You have 10 days to cancel. This was done in April so therefore they say they can’t cancel it. I am not making my other payments and they will not refund my money so don’t do it. I told them they are gonna get nasty reviews because they’re not willing to refund my money.

Original review: May 27, 2022

After taking home the package they provided, I checked the info and It didn't was how they present. I called day after the contract sign to cancel and they didn't know what to do to processes a cancelation.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Westgate Resorts and their timeshare is nothing short of a scam! They are masters at deceiving people and outright con artists. DO NOT get involved in any sort of way with Westgate. My wife (who was pregnant at the time), and I were duped into getting a timeshare with these crooks. We were lied to and taken advantage of. They failed to disclose the actual cost of what we were purchasing. The interest rate is ridiculous! There’s no real value in even having a timeshare with them because of lack of availability and the fact that you can’t stay where you want to! It’s cheaper AND easier to just rent online.

They conveniently didn’t tell me that maintenance fees increase every year. Without my permission or knowledge their salespeople did a hard audit on my credit to try to get me approved for a credit card! They trap you in hours and hours of ** and once you’re exhausted, they get you to sign paperwork without properly reading everything. These savages are getting away with scamming people and because you signed a contract, they are able to get away with it. Their contracts are designed to cover their backside because they contradict what the salespeople verbally tell you. I hope my review serves as a warning. Beware of Westgate!!!

Original review: May 5, 2022

Total scam… free tickets to shows, museums and other entertainment venues are not worth the waste of time or headache! My husband and I were recently in Vegas for my birthday and we were approached on the strip by someone advertising free shows, etc. So we signed up for the Westgate Tour in order to receive our free tickets to the wax museum and gondola ride since we didn’t have anything really planned for that day. We knew we were walking into a timeshare presentation, but little did we know how bad it would really be! So we listened to Johnny talk about Westgate and how great the program is as well as took a tour of the property.

When we got back from the tour, Johnny tried to close the deal by showing us 3 different units (1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms and 4 bedrooms) ranging from $100K - $250K with down payments of $20K - $40K. We told him we’d have to think about it as we just started our family and were not interesting in spending that kind of money on a “vacation home”. He tried to tell us we’d be able to make money off it by leasing it and by referring friends to the program. We continued to tell him we were interested. He got pushy and my husband asked him when was the last time he fished out $20-$40K at one time. He told my husband a couple years back when he bought his timeshare to go to Hawaii…

The funny thing about that is on the tour, he told us he’d only been on a plane once and that was to Miami! Something’s not adding up! Lmao. Then he went and got his manager… which that guy was a joke. He told us he could offer us a 4 bedroom for $130K vs $250K and we told him no… still wasn’t in our budget. He then offered us a 4 bedroom for $10K. When we said no to that… he looked at our salesman Johnny and told him he didn’t do a good job convincing us we needed this and no matter what number he offered, we’d never say yes. He got up and told Johnny to close the deal. I felt a little bad for Johnny for all of 5 seconds until when we told him no for the final time, he stormed off like a 5 year old. Moral of the story… stay far far away!

Original review: May 3, 2022

Westgate should be listed as a criminal organization. Nothing they say in their presentation is true. I'm amazed that what they do is legal, realtors are supposed to be regulated by the real estate commission. Unethical behavior and misrepresentation is grounds for real estate License revocation, yet nothing is done to stop them from lying to consumers. Do not waste your money on a timeshare.

Original review: April 20, 2022

90 minute tour, turned into the worst day of my life. My scandalous guide- Ken ** spoke to me from 9am until 6 pm and would not take no for an answer. Told me and my child all types of lies and ways to flip this property to an investment. Told me how I could make 5-6,000 a month. Didn’t care that I just brought a house for my child and I. Didn’t care I was a single income household. Didn’t care that was about to put my retirement papers in and try to enjoy life. No- he saw all that - as a way to get me to empty my bank account and give my last little bit of money away.

He spoke of making this investment work for my retirement. How I could help pay for my child’s college with this investment. Now I’m the one struggling to make my own mortgage payment and my child has to wait for me to build my account up to pay for college courses. I am so mad with myself for falling for this scamming. All they do is lie and hurt people. They should all be jailed for ruining people's lives. This has to be illegal.

Original review: April 19, 2022

On April 17, 2022 me and my fiancé and my sister-in-law were invited to a timeshare meeting at Westgate and were finishing up with the paperwork and my sister-in-law ask could she talk to me and when she started to talk I looked at the reviews and when I looked at the reviews you guys save me of a lifetime of spending my money on something worthless. So everyone in this site they can’t get out of a timeshare. I found something out for you. Contact Wesley Financial Group LLC to get rid of your timeshare. Thank you so much and I appreciate you and Petar wasn’t a nice person to talk to. He was very pushy. When we told him the first time that we didn’t want to but he came up with a deal of a lifetime but even still I’m glad that we looked at the reviews. Thank you. ET. FYI this was out of Las Vegas Nevada. Thank you.

Westgate Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Westgate Resorts is a timeshare company that was founded by David Siegel in 1982. The company offers customers more than 13,500 timeshare villas and access to properties at 28 resorts.

• Numerous outposts: Westgate Resorts' properties are located conveniently throughout the U.S., so they are easy to reach for customers no matter where they live. They also offer a diverse range of landscapes and amenities.

• Resorts with amenities: The company offers timeshare owners a huge selection of amenities at their resorts, including soda shops, pool bars, spas, putting greens and more, so traveling to their timeshare property feels like a real vacation.

• Charitable company: Westgate is also a community-focused company, and the company donates more than 2 million dollars each year through the Westgate Resorts Foundation.

• Convenient online account management: Owners of Westgate properties can access their account online, and they have convenient options to pay fees, change membership options, and more.

• VIP owner events: The company regularly throws VIP events for owners, including parties, shows, and more.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Westgate Resorts Company Information