1.31/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

678 Westgate Resorts Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

We willfully submitted to a timeshare presentation (90 minutes) when visiting Orlando and the resort was able to save us $3K on our total vacation package (Family of seven). The presenter was an owner whose family had been in the business with Westgate for over 30 years. He told us of the setbacks, the trials, and the changes to the ownership programs and the vacation packages. He finished the complete presentation in about 30 minutes and asked us if we had any questions.

For the next 45 minutes, he answered our questions, took our responses, and was kind when we said we were not going to spend $**** on this because it was a not a wise choice with our financials. He asked could he bring a supervisor to show us other options, we said yes. This man, of course, different in temperament, showed us several options and we purchased the package that we felt comfortable including a lifetime membership to the rewards program at a very discounted rate. Being able to communicate clearly our fears and desires coupled with the presenter's mild and kind approach has made us feel very positive about this. We are already booked for more travel in the next six months and using these benefits, we have turned our normal ANNUAL vacation into three! And we're saving money still. (Yes, we are able to go away for three weeks instead of one this year and still save money.)

This isn't for everyone. But if the math works and you like to take your family on nice resort trips instead of pull out sofas and sleeping bags, then this is something you should consider. I have already shared this with my friends and family and am happy to update this review if and when we ever have any frustrations.

One thing I will say though is that I did witness some "cold" and "pushy" presenters during our overview. Had that been my personal experience, I would have requested to speak to someone else by saying, "I'm sorry, but I believe we are not a good match. Can you please find me another salesperson." People who are also taking advantage of highly discounted options in lieu of presentations need to understand that the point for the company is to sell packages and benefits, which in turn is to make money. So, if you are not interested in being sold, then please don't take the free or discounted options. And learn a clear phrase, "Thank you so much for showing this great opportunity to us, but we have decided that we are not interested. Can we finish this up in the next 15 minutes please?" Happy vacationing!

Original review: March 31, 2019

I booked a 4 days and 3 nights including 4 Disney tickets. We had to take a 90 minutes tour. No pressure from the sale representative. We ended up purchasing a timeshare because we felt it would be a good thing for our college’s son. After flying back home and reading all the reviews, we decide that we didn’t want this because of the reviews. I sent them all the information including the title deed and a letter stating why we were not interested via certified mail as stated in the fine print and requested an refund within 10 days. Within five days, the refund was posted back to our MasterCard. They vowed by what they stated in the contract if you cancel within 10 days of the purchase date. And the villa that we stayed in were very nice.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I know some may not believe it but besides the full day of being fed and attending a long presentation, let me say that we were there for my birthday. We viewed the rooms and decided on the 2 bedrooms suite. We received show tickets to the Prince show which we enjoyed dinner for 2 at Benihana's, we also received breakfast tickets for the nice dining restaurant, gifts to include a tablet and a bling women's Westgate tank top and a Limo ride on the strip. Each year we have visited our room has been impressive and our view Awesome! And the customer service team have been Awesome! Now the last time we visited and came in late past midnight we did not understand the process of the check in for the members. But when we told them we were tired we received breakfast passes to enjoy their restaurant. Can't wait to visit again this year!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We have been owners with Westgate Smokey Mountain since 1999. Our overall experience has been very good. We have stayed at over the top resorts that we normally could not afford. All of our stays with Westgate over the years have been excellent. Great 5 star customer service, and incredible rooms and amenities. Westgate trade really well through Interval International, and if you put in a request through II early enough we have always got the trades we have wanted. The only reason I am giving a 4 star is during our original sales presentation, there were a few things they were dishonest about, but still have provided great experiences for our family.

We made our purchase to force us to go on vacation even though our budget has been tight over the years. It helps us spread the cost over the year. We pay our maintenance fee in January and get it out of the way, then just have to get there and pay for entertainment on the vacation. I am not sure why the resort gets such bad reviews when we have had so many good experiences with them over two decades. The reason I wrote this review tonight, was during our stay this Christmas they had an owners dinner with a high end buffet that was really good.

We has a picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus. We did not know where to get a copy of our picture, but was in communication all week with our personal Westgate rep through text messages. On our way home she text us one more time to ask how our week went and we asked for a copy of our picture, and just received it in the mail this evening. A high quality picture with 1st class service. Thank you Westgate and our personal concierge Heather for a great week!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I love my timeshare with Westgate. Best thing I ever done since I like to travel and stay in good places. At the beginning when I saw all these other people complaining about their property. I was not too happy about my purchase but now that I already know how to used my property and make money with it. Best purchase of my life. In my opinion the key about any product is to used and the most important thing is to learn how to used correctly and stop complaining so much people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

After spending a weekend at Westgate and being bothered with their annoying salesman, I walked thinking I didn't sign any contract but come to find out that free offer ended up being a contract. They are deceitful people and I strictly told them I didn't want to be obligated to pay them anything, and they tricked me into doing so. That got me this time, but I don't have to worry about me or anyone I come into contact with doing business with them. I'm going to spread the word.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Please save yourselves so much trouble, heartache and misery. Do not buy a timeshare here. Just trust me on this. This place is so incredibly awful. The customer service is terrible. They keep increasing their tax fees year after year. They shake you down for everything they can get. You can't speak to a manager to save your life. Don't dare submit yourselves to the "owner update". They are so rude my husband wanted to throw the guy off of the roof one time. Incredibly awful. So hard to sell afterward. You are saddled with it for life.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

We have been owners with Westgate for over 10-years and have not been able to use our timeshare with them. We were lied to and manipulated into purchasing, as we were told this would be a wonderful investment. We have reached out to Westgate for assistance, but have received no help. Do not own or travel with Westgate Resorts unless you want to be suckered into spending your money on something that you will never see benefit from!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I had a terrible experience with Westgate Resorts at The Villas in Kissimmee Orlando. I had roaches in the apartment sheets and blankets dirty and smell. I had an emergency, I couldn't make the tour. They would not help me reschedule it. I'm very unsatisfied with Westgate Resorts. They charged me $300 extra for missing the tour.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Booked a timeshare tour for Westgate in Williamsburg VA. The resort was full and I was to stay to a comparable room. When I arrived at the alternate hotel the name was not on the front of the hotel.... Clue number one it would be a dump! I went to the desk and instead of checking in I requested to see the room. I was told the pool was not working and MAY work tomorrow. Well I went into the room. My daughter has asthma and really bad allergies. She started to make a scratching sound with her throat and asked for her asthma pump. The room was really hot, stinky, and smelled like the mole on the walls and in the bathroom. This was SUPPOSED to be a NEWLY RENOVATED quality inn.

I went to the desk explained my situation to Tracie and she said she fully understood. I left to call 8006204857. I requested a manager. NO MANAGER WAS AVAILABLE! I was told no other accommodations available BUT a manager would call back. It is currently 11:01 pm. I have received NO CALL! I have called back THREE additional times and NO MANAGER WAS EVER AVAILABLE! I called Westgate and they claimed it was nothing they could do.

Westgate Resorts expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Westgate Resorts is a timeshare company that was founded by David Siegel in 1982. The company offers customers more than 13,500 timeshare villas and access to properties at 28 resorts.

• Numerous outposts: Westgate Resorts' properties are located conveniently throughout the U.S., so they are easy to reach for customers no matter where they live. They also offer a diverse range of landscapes and amenities.

• Resorts with amenities: The company offers timeshare owners a huge selection of amenities at their resorts, including soda shops, pool bars, spas, putting greens and more, so traveling to their timeshare property feels like a real vacation.

• Charitable company: Westgate is also a community-focused company, and the company donates more than 2 million dollars each year through the Westgate Resorts Foundation.

• Convenient online account management: Owners of Westgate properties can access their account online, and they have convenient options to pay fees, change membership options, and more.

• VIP owner events: The company regularly throws VIP events for owners, including parties, shows, and more.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, young professionals with disposable income and large families.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Westgate Resorts Company Information