Westgate Resorts

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Where do I begin? Firstly, my husband and I were bamboozled into this scheme and it will NEVER happen again. After paying $5000 we still have to pay $500 whenever we want to stay at one of the resorts. Not only that, there's a $200/yr fee. If not your account gets deactivated!!! I am seriously considering a class action lawsuit because this had got to be illegal. Then they talk about a week at our resort is $2000+. I've seen deals at $79.19 per nights. Smh. I am so disappointed in this crap!!! 90% of their reviews are bad. Why the dept of Consumer Affairs not doing anything about these people???

I'm currently a Westgate owner in Florida. My family and I have been members for 15 years, this time around was one for the books. This vacation was the worst I have had in all the time I've been an owner. The room still has not been up to par since I first became a member. Upon arrival unit B was not made up. The kitchen in unit A had an ant infestation. While eating ants would be crawling on the counter tops. The appliances were outdated and not enough silverware was provided for the allotted amount of people in the villa (8). Daily housekeeping was not provided, and when the garbage was taken out it would not be picked up for days.

The pools are very crowded. There are not enough pools for the amount of people in the resort. If you do happen to go to the pool, there is no lifeguard on duty. The pools are mainly full of undisciplined children. There were a few incidents of kids hitting people with a football in the face and diving in shallow water. The only good thing about the premises is the landscaping. Unfortunately I can no longer recommend Westgate Resort Villa and Towncenter to anyone. I hope some serious action is taken because for sure their business will be declining.

My family stayed at the resort for a week (06/2 until 06/9 2017) while I drove back and forth everyday from a near by city. As usual, the sales department made an appointment to review our owner history and present the future projects of Westgate. They offer breakfast and a $50 cash attendance price for a 90 minute meeting. Frank was the name of the salesperson who contacted my wife and she accepted not before getting a promise of no more than 90 minute meeting since she was going with three children and mother in law.

Meeting was scheduled for 10:00 and nobody showed up until 11:30 when another salesperson whose name was Marisol ** showed up. She started decently and took a long long time reading notes and trying to understand our owner history. Time quickly passed and the 90 minute meeting hadn't even started yet. When my wife asked politely to salesperson ** if she could start because of our children who were becoming impatient. The answer from ** was: "If you don't have time then leave". She said it in front of my entire family. This is after more than 2 1/2 hours of waiting time on a 90 minute meeting. My wife stood up and left very upset for a wasted time and tried to find a manager (any manager) and nobody was available.

A company that depends 100% on satisfied customers has legions of RUDE, UNPREPARED, ARROGANT AND IGNORANT salespeople. After asking at least 6 persons a Brazilian employee claimed to be a manager although she didn't even had a name tag and attempted to listen although she also said that if she wanted to go she could go. She didn't give a damn about the impolite and rude attitude of Marisol **. Like ** there is an army of rats (human kind) without any respect for customers except the interest to close on a sale. Finally and after attempting many times to contact someone, Frank showed up and tried to compensate the issue with a $25 coupon for in resort purchases. He didn't bring the attention of any manager. Westgate Manager: NOT ALL YOUR PEOPLE ARE BAD BUT MAKE SURE YOU CAN SELECT THE GOOD ONES AND GET RID OF THE RATS AND LEECHES.

Wow. I must say, thanks for research and thanks for the all of you who have taken the time to review. You have certainly cemented my thoughts to avoid Westlake. I just arrived home from a long weekend in Orlando. I booked at Westgate Blue Tree independent from any sales pitches. Upon check in, however, I was given the option for 1/2 price theme park tix if I went through the 90-min presentation. What the heck. My wife and I did it. As others mentioned, the sales pitch was very high pressure. A couple of things that made me chuckle were claims that Westgate is better protected from ISIS than other timeshare communities and that (from the manager) my salesperson was going to get fired for not selling us that day.

Fortunately, I was born with the ability to be aggressive back and, after about 90 mins I simply told the sales staff, "Look, I fulfilled my obligation, I need time to think about and research this, I am leaving and if you charge my card anything for doing so I will dispute the charges with my credit card company. I have disputed things several times before and have never lost any such disputes." They signed me out without incident. Overall, sitting through the sales pitch was worth the $300 saved on park tix. Yes, they gave them to me. Just know what to expect. Still, to me and my wife, the sales pitch actually did make some sense. We do like to travel, we are fortunate in that we are successful and have some disposable income. A timeshare might actually make sense for us. After reading these reviews it won't be happening with Westgate though.

In all fairness, I have to say, the room that we had at Westlake was gorgeous. Spotless and everything worked as it should. Somehow, though, I think that might have been as "timeshare" bait and that maybe not all of their rooms are like that? I can't say for sure but, again, the room was nice for us. The amenities were top notch also (pools, mini-golf, hot tub, etc). What's fair is fair. The place was nice.

I was tricked into doing a tour at Westgate Resort. I bought a week vacation package and I was told that I have until 2018 to use the vacation. In May 2017 I found out that there was a mix-up with my credit card. They were charging my sister her fees out of my account and taking my payment from her credit card. Unfortunately I lost my wallet and that's how I found out what was going on. For their mistake they gave my sister a full refund because they messed up. I called to address my situation because they were taken the money from her account which is now closed. I spoke to their supervisor Hector and he didn't apologize not even once about the mistake that his company made. He asked me to update my account information to continue my payment.

I declined to do so because by this point I was turned off and upset about the mistake that they have made. They just don't get it. When they took my card and went back to do whatever they had to do it could have been someone else other than my sister that I was paying for. I asked them for a refund but they told me no. He noted my account that I was not adding a new card and I told him that I will have my bank get my money back. They're so ignorant. They just don't get it. What they did is not legal and at this point I should be getting my money back. They are leaving me no choice but to file for fraud because this is fraud. Do not get sucked in by Westgate big mistake. Big mistake.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?

My wife and I were walking near Planet Hollywood on the Las Vegas Strip when we were approached by a person that asked us if we're interested in receiving free gifts, and all we needed to was attend a Westgate Presentation. We were told that if we made an initial deposit of $40.00 and attend a 90-minute presentation we would received two tickets to a Las Vegas show, dinner for two, and a free 3 day and 2 night stay at the LV Westgate Resort Hotel. We thought what a deal, I knew we were not going to purchase a timeshare.

We were shuttled to the Westgate property, where we provided our name, line of work, and income. Again, I knew we were not going to purchase anything and I had a feeling the building was full of RATS (Of the Human-kind), so I starting taking as stuff as I could, little bottles of water, packages of coffee and tea. We had not eaten breakfast so when we were seated. They invited us to help ourselves to the food bar, my wife is only 4'10" and 115 lbs but I asked her eat as much as she could.

As we started to eat Westgate's representative came over to greet us, his name was George! I am a former active duty Marine and currently a certified public accountant. Both professions have taught me the value of listening. I listen to George contradict himself a number of times and out and out lie. For example he first told us the maintenance fees had actually gone down in the previous year, when we were touring the property he said the maintenance fees had gone down one year. The two statements are very different, for example did the fees go down one time 5 years ago or was it 10 years, maybe it never happened? Next, George told us he was from NY City, but he did not know the 5 boroughs of the City. These seem like small things, but that is the point; if he would lie about insignificant crap, then I knew he would say anything to make a sale.

After small talk, George's 5 analysis of our estimated travel costs for the next 10 years, and tour of the facility, I looked at my watch and 3 hours had pasted. That is when Good Ole George tried to convince us that we would be making a great investment and saving a lot of money if we purchased a $90,000 timeshare at 18.99% interest. Of course I said no way, however George continued to press me to buy, tell me that "He would feel better if we could get the monthly payment down", I told him that he might feel good about the lower monthly payment but I wouldn't.

Honestly because I knew I wasn't going to purchase I do not remember what the payment was. It was over $1,600. He then offered me a 1 bed rm, 1 bath unit for the low, low price of $60,000 (Same interest rate), again I said no. He then turned to my wife and asked would she purchase the unit on her own, I told him she was not doing anything of the sort, the angry for his use of that tactic was evident in my voice and he quickly move on.

George finally got it, however they were not finished. He left and returned with his supervisor (Noah). Noah made a number of offers that I quickly rejected and then he tip my true entry mean guy. He asked George, "Hey if we can get him into a unit will you personally oversee his account", George immediately said, "Yes I will personally take care of him." This exercise was blatantly rehearsed and insulted my being, I told them. I immediately brought the insult to their attention, and told them that I would take a unit if they offered it for free.

Noah turned bright red, excused himself with George. I thought we were surely out of there, but NO. They sent over a person named Michelle, who made a couple offered that I completely ignored. I informed her I was tired and ready to leave. She continued as if I had said nothing. I then stopped her in mid-sentence and said, "I am tired and you would not like me when I am tried", and I told her, "This is your last warning!" She then took us to the desk where we checked out.

We got my $40.00 back, we got our free meal and saw a show. But the 3-day 2-night stay at a Westgate property is really an invitation to purchase a certificate to listen to another sales pitch. It is not free a deposit and admin processing fee is required. It is pretty clear that additional charges will be applied upon paying the deposit (No thanks)! My advice when on vacation don't waste your time at one of these events. Just pay for your entertainment and meals.

My husband, 9-yr old daughter & I were in Las Vegas Thursday May 25, 2017 when we got roped into a so called 90-minute timeshare presentation. Reluctantly we agreed only because we were promised 3 Blue Man Group tickets AND 4 day/3 night getaway. Who wouldn't?? We were interested in a timeshare as we already owned through Marriott. What's 90 minutes? I'll tell you what it is, it's 6 hours of rudeness, mocking us & humiliation. We were picked up by shuttle to go to Westgate property. My radar was immediately up when we were asked how much money we made and for a major credit card at sign up. We paid $60 for 3 Blue Man tickets that were $119 each we were told. Great deal.

So we arrive to meet Edgar our guide through Westgate. They had bottled water & deli sandwiches, frozen taquitos, cookies, salad. Decent for free I guess. We all sat together to eat including Edgar. He then proceeded to ask us BEFORE any tour, information, sales pitch, etc... if we are going to buy into Westgate. No. No we are not. I mentioned we are timeshare owners and how we are interested but did not come prepared with such funds nor without discussing it AKA "sleep on it". He IMMEDIATELY slammed us for not having time BLAH BLAH BLAH. He then said we're NOT receiving free gifts as promised. I then proceeded to get irritated and said, "We were told if we sit through a 90-minute presentation that we will receive our gifts that we already paid $60 towards". He then says, "If you're not going to buy you're not getting anything" and he started to belittle us for wanting to get free gifts to sit through the seminar.

The bottom line is that he wasn't going to get any commission and he made it very clear to us and that's when his attitude changed and things went BAD. He noticed my big wedding ring and jewelry I was wearing. He insisted we could write a $18,000 check or not get our gifts. We agreed to sit through the 90-minute presentation with sole intent to possibly buy JUST NOT AT THIS TIME. Possibly before we left Vegas. No way, not good enough. He argued with us in front of my 9-yr old. He then calls over his "manager". A very nice young man, very reasonable. Again eyes on my ring. Eh it's ok. It's a beautiful ring. They see dollar signs $$$. The manager knew we were interested just NOT today. I explained Edgar's rudeness about our gifts and how he was denying them just because we said no, not today. Possibly before we leave Vegas but not right now without discussing our banking.

The nice manager said, "So what's the problem? Give them the tour and their gifts, no problem." Edgar was irritated and did the tour mocking us the entire time. I then got upset and voiced my concern at how rude he was and his ** salesmanship skills to people who own timeshares is not professional. We were potentially buyers after all JUST NOT TODAY. Again he says WE ARE NOT GETTING OUR GIFTS & are undeserving since we are not buying. I got pissed. Another manager Millie came over, nice woman. She gives us nice follow up deal. Very nice. $1174 down, $148 a month for 1 bedroom at Westgate. 1 week every other year. Off years we get "getaways". OK not great but not bad. She walks away and Edgar again says no gifts unless you buy. ** is what he was. The workers & managers could sense my irritation.

Then another main manager comes over. Darlene. Great Asian/Hawaiian lady. Funny as heck. She gives us same deal explaining how we can make money by renting out, etc... OK SOLD. She apparently caught wind of Edgar's rudeness and apologized and took him out of our situation completely. She then pitches her sale to us and my husband gives her $300 cash because she handed us a paper saying we got approved for $500 to put towards down payment. Ok great. WHAT SHE FAILED TO TELL US WAS IT WAS A CREDIT CARD. Not one mention of that until we got to closing lady for paperwork. I asked if property was at this location assuming of course it was. Oh no, it's near The Palms Hotel/Casino. What?? Second thoughts brewing in mind now. Eh let's do it.

We get to another area to sign and this woman tries to sell us a $99 "membership" to make money she tells us. Huh??? Immediately my husband looked pale. What the hell? He pulls me aside and says he has a bad feeling about this. "Let's back out." Ok fine no issue. His gut is usually on point. We decide to back out especially since a surgery for him is coming up with a hefty down payment, etc... It's just not the right time FOR US. We politely back out & ask for our $300 cash back. We just gave it physically 20 minutes prior. The manager, director & everyone else had to be called. Director walks in and I ask for our tickets. He freaking smirked & rolled his eyes and walked out. It took 3 people. We were then refused a shuttle back until I raised my voice. My 9 yr old still with us after 6 hrs.

We finally get our tickets to a cancelled show so we had to go to a 945 showing that night. It was HELL trying to get the tickets we paid $60 for after we sat through an entire 6 hrs. They are a HORRIFIC company and I would never ever buy with them. Reviews on this company are so bad. Edgar needs training on how to not talk down to potential buyers. My husband is ever so grateful we backed out. STAY FAR AWAY FROM WESTGATE LAS VEGAS, NV.

Well, we fell for a 3 night stay at The Westgate in Las Vegas. Our stay was loaded with disappointment after disappointment! The entire staff at the resort were insulting and not professional. When we arrived to check in for our stay, things went bad right away. We were put in a room that was not what we were promised. As a matter of fact we changed rooms 3 speedster times and still did not get the room we were promised. We addressed our concerns to the resort staff and were basically told, the last room was the best we were going to get! After getting our luggage to the room, we notice mold in the bathroom tube and around the sink area. There were extension cords wrapped in a bundle by the night stand, not to mention other cords running around the room.

The lighting in the bathroom, was nothing more than twisted bulbs of all shapes and sizes screwed into a light fixture on each side of a mirror. The area behind the sink area was missing tile and had black mold growing in the area where the tile should have been. The Flat Screen TV had multiple cords just hanging below the TV in spaghetti pattern. The bathroom was mismatch of white. Punter top, black commode and marble yellow, gold, brown tub/shower with mold in every corner. It was disgusting, to say the least! To think, this was one of their premier rooms! The carpet was dirty and old as well. Our first 2 rooms were on the 14th floor and eventually we were moved to the above room on the 5th floor.

Next came finding a place to eat. We went downstairs to see what types of restaurants were in the resort. We noticed many of the shops and restaurants were closed. SIDS was about the only restaurant that had food to our liking. We got seated and started looking through the menu. The prices were outrageous! A hamburger for $18.00!!! Lots more for much higher prices. Ice Tea for $8 a glass. We ordered and made the best of it. Retired to our room.

The next day we were to meet in the timeshare presentation area. We checked in and were asked to fill out some paperwork. I asked why, since I had already done such paperwork. The clerk behind the desk, said it's a mandatory process of the presentation. We both noticed not one other guest had to do as we did. Then we proceeded to wait for our presentation person to come get us. We were also promised a full breakfast before our presentation. We waited 45 minutes before a person showed up to greet us. She never did introduce herself and just told us to follow her. We questioned why we're being taken to another area and she never told us. So off to another area we go.

We arrived at another room where she threw the paperwork to the clerk behind the desk, stating, "They're all yours". I asked the clerk why we were brought to this area, he just handled me more paperwork to complete. I asked him why, since this would be the third time I have filled out this paperwork. He just looked at me and said just fill it out someone would be with us shortly. We noticed several other couples sitting around waiting as well. Finally another greeter came over and took us into another small room. He told us to help ourselves to some coffee, juice, fruit and cold cereal. We told him we weren't hungry and this is not what we were promised. He said fine and took to another room where we were to meet our presenter. We waited another 20 minutes before someone showed up.

At this point we had had enough of the runaround. We explained our total dissatisfaction with what has taken place this far. We stated we were not going to go through with the presentation. He went and got a supervisor to speak with us. But, first I had to complete a form as to why we were dissatisfied. I filled the form out and also commented on a drug deal we had overheard in SIDS Restaurant. 2 individual were discussing kilos of ** they were expecting to be delivered to them at the resort. They were more interested in this, than in our concerns. A manager finally came in to speak with us. He read our complaint form and told us since we were not going to sit through the presentation, the gifts we were promised won't be given to us. He said we were free to leave. He also stated since we were prepaid for stay, we did not have to attend any presentation. He got up and walked out.

We went directly to the timeshare presentation check in desk. We spoke with a lady at the desk, that said she will call corporate and see what she could do. In the meantime, a man who was visiting the resort from corporate came over to speak with us about our concerns. He read the form we filled out and basically said, there is nothing that can be done to get our promised gifts. He stated we had to go through a presentation to qualify for them.

At this point, we asked him why we were not allowed to attend the main breakfast presentation. He stated, it is because we were not married. That they had a separate presentation for people like us. I informed him that this was never mentioned when we signed up to come to the resort. He basically said, "That's the way it is and nothing more could be done." The lady who was on the form then informed us, that we would receive the gifts we were promised. I told her it wasn't about the gifts, it was about the treatment we have been received thus far. I informed her we appreciated what she had done for us. I told her corporate would be hearing from us, as this matter isn't over.

The bottom line: not a place I would even consider returning to, rooms are not up to standards, people are rude, food cost is ridiculous, the place is dirty, the guest appeared to be less than desirable, drug deals being made and quite frankly this resort is less than quality & lacks an atmosphere that would want a person to stay at the resort! Total Rip Off - Not at all what one would expect! STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK, BUYER BEWARE, IT'S A GREAT CON SCHEME, THERE A WAY BETTER PLACES IN LAS VEGAS TO STAY!

Not even a star!!! We agree to have a "property presentation". Never told it was a timeshare. After 2 hours of our arrival we were given a room that the key couldn't open. We waited for another hour until an employee driving by was kind enough to call for help. We finally got into the room and for our surprise it was a mini studio and we were 2 adults and 3 kids. The smell in the room was horrendous, the rug was filthy, and the A/C was not working properly. We called front desk and and we're told that we'll be transfer to another room the next day. We had plans to leave early to celebrate our daughter's birthday so we decided to deal with day on our return. To make to long story short, they didn't move us, the lady that gave us the presentation was pissed because we didn't buy anything. What they expect, after a horrible experience? Don't fall for this.

Omg where to start?!! Number one, I am so upset with this resort. My significant other and I got this great deal for a weekend getaway from Priceline and had never had an issue before. It was supposed to be a 4 star resort but unfortunately it was not, more like a one star. At entering this place we were bombarded with staff wanting to give us freebies in return for 90 minutes of our time which in reality was 4 hours long, listening to a timeshare presentation. So after some consideration we decided to go for it knowing we would not be purchasing. We told our sales agent that since the very beginning and he assured us that was no problem but he still had to go through the process so we could get our gifts.

So we did, what they showed us was beautiful of course but we were still not interested, so like 4 different supervisors, managers came but to try to convince us to purchase with each person offering a better deal but we were not interested in spending that high priced kind of money at the moment. Well then our salesperson got up to go get our gifts some lady comes to us and tells us very rudely that we were not getting anything for not purchasing!!! We could not believe it and to top it off we were going to be escorted out like criminals or something. Very dehumanizing!!!

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS SCAM. We had to leave a deposit of $40 to confirm our attendance at the presentation and did not get our money back either. We will never return to this low life resort and can't wait for it to go out of business because if they continue with these sales tactics and extremely bad customer service it will happen sooner or later. Terrible!!! I will also be complaining to Priceline so that they can stop promoting this terrible place and lose their own credibility.

I wish I could give ZERO stars! This is a copy of the letter we sent to the owner Mr. Siegel. That was responded by 2 more coupons for additional cost ($400) with limited selection and tons of black out dates. As educators we do not have the ability to travel when we feel like it. I spent an additional 90mins today after working 11 hour day, most of which I was on hold. Their only response was "You signed the contract." NO I never saw a paper contract, I was given verbal descriptions and a pad to initial. NO different than when you sign the HIPAA agreement at your Dr office or grocery store. Never in a million years did I ever think I would have been taken so advantage of and FLAT out LIED to with no support from management.

"The reason for this email is we purchased a vacation package at your Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa on December 28, 2016. After sitting through a presentation that was supposed to be one hour of our week vacation, lasted over 5 hours by our salesperson Bryan **, taking a full day of sunshine. Bryan never really listen to our needs or ability to travel, spite still trying to push 5 bedroom timeshare for 10 weeks of vacation travel knowing that we typically only travel 1x a year due to our work schedules. Bryan continued to push a high end timeshare, finally after four hours we cut him off and indicated that owning a timeshare sounded great but we were not in a position right now to purchase something of that value and we really wanted to take our children to the pool.

Bryan asked for a few more minutes of our time and told us that Westgate has a package that would allow us to experience all the timeshare has to offer and lock us in at current prices to buy into the timeshare after the three years were up. Bryan explained the package as 5 weeks of vacation for the total price of $1295.00 for a 2 bedroom suite. He said the only stipulation was that we must use 1 of those 5 weeks at Westgate Lakes we purchased at, the other 4 weeks could be used at other Westgate Resorts or anywhere in the world through Leisure Time Passport, so that we could get the full experience Westgate had to offer. In addition, he stated we had 3 years/36 months from the date of purchase to use these 5 weeks. We specifically asked him that this package gave us 5 weeks at the $1295 and no additional cost would be required, no maintenance fees or additional taxes.

Bryan said yes and if this interested us he would get his supervisor to go over the package in complete detail and finalize the purchase. He then went and got his supervisor Nephtaly ** and brought him over to the table we were at. Bryan told Nephtaly the details of our interest in a timeshare but not being the right time for us. Bryan went on to explained the vacation package we were interested in to Nephtaly who then took over the finalization of the sale. We once again asked Nephtaly that the price of $1295 gave us 5 weeks at no additional cost and once again he stated we would not be charged any additional money or fees over those 5 weeks over the course of 3 years.

We thought that this sounded so good we paid the extra ($200 extra I believe) to get the 2 bedroom/8 people instead of only a 1 bedroom. We even called my wife's mother while at the table with Nephtaly before finishing to ask if her mother and her father would be interested in traveling with us because it would be difficult for us to use the full 5 weeks in only 3 years. We did the math on the paper and said we were paying $259 a week (5 x $259 = $1295) and Nephtaly confirmed, that was correct and no additional charges or fees over the next 3 years.

Then when it came time to sign the contract all electronically, Nephtaly read each section off the tablet to us from the opposite side of the table and then had us sign on the tablet stating we understood each section that he verbally stated and we verbally agreed upon. Since it seemed he was reading off the tablet (the way he was seated, we could not see the screen) we had no reason to doubt that he was telling us the truth, why would we think that a reputable resort falsely / fraudulently sell something to anyone not to mention potential lifetime customers/owners. We even thought this was such a good deal with no restrictions / no blackout dates and no reason to doubt anything that we verbally agreed to. In good faith we paid for the 5 week vacation package in full, instead of paying only the $100 deposit.

After the transaction was complete we requested a paper copy and Nephtaly stated he could not print it off but gave it to us on a USB drive. Since we were on vacation, we had no way of accessing something on a USB drive. Once again, since we had several verbal conformation of the 5 week package from both Westgate employees; Mr ** and Mr **, we had no reason to doubt what was being sold to us from a reputable establishment. It was not until March 31, 2017 at 1:23PM, when I tried to make reservations for 2 vacations, that we were informed that our package only included 1 week at Westgate and the other 4 weeks can be purchased at a discount through Leisure Time. This is completely different than what Bryan and Nephtaly verbally explained/agreed upon and the multiple times they both answered me yes when I asked that the $1295 included 5 weeks at no additional cost.

When I was informed about this I asked to speak to a supervisor, this had to a mistake because 2 Westgate employees would not verbally sell and agree to a vacation package that is different from the one on the electronic copy, that would be fraudulent act. Hector was the supervisor at the time. Over the course of the 30 minute call, he tried to explain that we signed an electronic contract stating that this contract was for only 1 week. I explained that how we signed the contract with Nephtaly reading from a tablet on one side of the table and us signing a tablet from the other side. His response was that we were given the contract through a USB drive that we could have reviewed later. I explained we were on vacation and did not have access to a device that could read a USB drive.

I also asked Hector why I would need to access this after conformation from both the salesperson and supervisor directly multiple times that this package was for 5 weeks to be used over 3 years. I asked him why should I think that the salespeople from a reputable company like Westgate would be allowed to flat out lie and deceive people into buying packages that were not what they presented them to be? He had no response to that and said he would email us out 2 additional coupons for discounted stays, which would again require additional cost, this doesn't solve the issue.

Additionally, Hector brought to our attention that we only had 18 months to use the 4 weeks through Leisure Time and 27 months for the Westgate week, a much shorter time frame than the 36 months we had verbally agreed to. Based on our availability to vacation, this 18 month time period would have been enough for us to decide not to purchase the package. We typically only take 7 to 10 days of vacation a year, 4 weeks in 18 months would have been physically impossible for us. I called my wife immediately very upset and informed her of this causing her to become upset and had to come home from work to help solve the issue.

When she returned home, she called at 4:31pm and spoke with Regina for almost another 30 minutes, being put on hold waiting to speak with management. After being on the phone 30 minutes, when Regina asked Jose to speak to my wife, he informed Regina that he would not speak to her and told her to tell my wife to refer to the contract and that Hector told my husband all that he could do. Regina apologized for him not willing to speak to us. Regina was very nice. How does a supervisor refuse to speak to an upset customer/a potential lifetime customer about a vacation package that was purchased? Is that standard Westgate practice?

We called again on April 1, 2017 at 9:32am to cancel the reservation for December 23-30 2017. Confirmation Number: **. Additionally, this confirmation was sent to our friends who gave us the week time in December 2016, not to my wife. We again requested to speak to a supervisor. Trinity was the representative we spoke to before being transferred to her supervisor Tiffany. Tiffany listened to our issue and apologized for the salespeople deceiving us as well as Jose refusing to speak with us. Tiffany indicated that she did not have the power to correct this issue and that we would need to contact corporate directly through email and that they would have the ability to try to rectify this situation. She asked about the additional coupons Hector said he would send. My wife stated that we did not want additional weeks we had to pay for, that didn't solve the problem. We wanted what was verbally agreed to.

We verbally agreed to 5 weeks at the $1295 in a 2 bedroom. We were given 2 additional coupons for $399 a week in a 2 bedroom suite. If you factored this 2 bedroom rate for 3 weeks that would be a total of $1197, still $98 less than what we paid, which should provide enough validity your sales manager was falsely and fraudulently selling the package. Why would we pay in full, in good faith $1295 when we could have just used the coupons for a reduced cost to us with more flexibility time frame to use them.

I am beyond disappointed, not only that we were taken advantage of, wasted a day of our vacation, and then not having anyone willing to come up with a solution to the problem, and flat out refusal to speak with. This has now resulted in ruining our last weekend of spring break with our family being upset and on the phone trying to speak with someone to help solve the problem with no solution by the end of the weekend."

Worst experience I have ever gone through on vacation. My wife and I were obligated to attend their seminar for the discounts on our hotel. And next time I would rather pay $300 more on my hotel than deal with the humiliation and aggravation they cause this that day. We have heard about them before and we were not willing to buy anything from them. And they swarmed us with multiple people trying many different angles. And one angle was making us sound like broke unfit parents that were incapable of financially providing food for our kids because I told them we cannot afford their services at this time. And one of their obnoxious salespeople were trying to tell me they were going to gather food in the kitchen for me to take home to my children since they probably haven't eaten in weeks is what he told us.

They were calling and scamming people in that room using humiliation tactics and made us very uncomfortable and refused to give us our keys back so we could leave until they were finished attempting to scam us. On the paperwork they ask you to fill out when you first get there, one of the questions is how much money did you claim on your taxes and I was dumb enough to put the truth and because of that they were extremely persistent. I told the first salesman that we were absolutely not interested in buying their timeshares. And that we just wanted to pick up our Legoland tickets and get our keys and leave and that turned into such a nightmare. Throughout the three hours we were stuck there (I felt illegally imprisoned by their rejection to give us our keys) they had many people that work there come to our table and make us sound stupid for not buying their product.

They also tried telling me I was depriving my family from the vacation they deserved if I was not willing to commit to them. But the worst was them acting like we were charity case and that we were starving our kids because if we could not afford them then we must not be financially capable of providing for our kids. And I have never felt as insulted at that moment than ever in my life. And truthfully I wish I would have punched that guy in the face and have regretted not doing it since. I am surprised the police have not taken this company down yet which shows me more lack of faith in our justice system because people are getting scammed out of thousands all in one huge room of their Resort. It was incredible the things I heard the salesman say to people and their and the government should shut them down.

And I am hoping please send undercover agents to experience this for themselves because I guarantee after they experience what they do there they will not tolerate it themselves. Most of the people that work there are convicted felons with government benefits to offer discounts on company taxes and the sales guy we were talking to leveled with me and told me that he did seven years in prison for transporting heroin into the country. The owner acts like this piece of ** pimp. And if you ain't offering him money he wants you out of his face. I'm sure if you read the post below you will find very similar stories to mine because I experienced exactly what I seen in complaints before I arrived. They are getting multiple people to pay for the same properties for the same times for the same maintenance fees.

And that's why the sales con artist that work there are making so much money because the money is all profit and goes to absolutely nothing. They put up this big Grande Resort to give the impression that they are an amazing establishment. But just because the buildings are beautiful does not mean the ownership is considerate for the consumer. Be my guest. Experience the luxury. Big ** you. You will receive from them. I would be more than interested in a class action suit against these nasty heartless inconsiderate con artist who scam people $3,000 minimum at a time.

I would never take the chance of any timeshare due to this experience. And although they are pulling the scams on thousands of people everyday I am happy to know that there is a very long trail of people just like me who are not going to keep their mouth shut. And to the man that insulted my family I hope when the government is smart enough to catch on to your scheme I hope you take a large sentence right next to your pimp owner.

On a positive note the women in the department that try to scam you all wear slutty little dresses and they flirt with everyone. So if you are a bachelor I would assume based of what they do for a living, that they would not mind stepping on their conscience a little more and offer you full physical treatment in order to sign their contract. Period. LOL. Honestly people ** that place. Although I was smart enough not to purchase from them I still got a chance to experience the impact they have on people. So seriously do not invest money that could be used on your family and loved ones on these people. It is only going to screw you over. Even if you purchase what they are offering they still charge you for the hotels when you go to stay in them. I promise you will get a better deal online. Scammer beware of professional scam artist.

Do not waste your time with this resort. We went back to Westgate Orlando a couple of weeks ago (April 13-19) with the intentions on maybe purchasing a unit until we had an issue. The room we were in had bugs which go into our food that we had purchase. We called and they said someone would be there in 15 minutes. 5 hours later we had to call again and they eventually moved us into another unit in which the stove didn't work. So we literally wasted a day and so we asked our rep if we could at least stay another day to get our day back and she said not problem. The next morning we met with her and asked again about getting a day and she pestering us 'bout buying. Long story short they told us if we wanted our day back we would have to pay. Never again and I do not recommend. They don't deserve any stars.

My husband and our friend spent a few days in Vegas this past week. We didn't plan on seeing any shows ahead of time, but my husband decided to stop off and ask about seeing a show at a "Welcome Center". The next thing I know is we are signed up for a 90 minute presentation just so that we can get 3 tickets to the Vegas Show that night at 9 pm. (Turns out there was not even a 9pm show!) My husband was asked to leave a $40 deposit which he reluctantly did. We ate lunch and came back for our 2:15 arrival time. We were shuttled over to the Westgate Resort. It is massive but not really all that impressive. We were herded in... just like several other couples were. After giving the girl at the reception desk our ID's and some personal information... we were introduced to George... the guy who was going to do his best to sell to us whether we wanted to buy or NOT.

My husband told him immediately that he was only interested in the show tickets and not in purchasing a timeshare. George proceeded with this presentation regardless. Our friend, pulled out his cell phone to check something and was told to put it up. I thought that was rude and weird. When our friend got up to use the restroom, my husband got up too and then George followed them to the bathroom!!! I attempted to get up later on to get a drink from the soda fountain that was close by and was told I could not get up. George had someone bring me a soda. I was getting this feeling that we were being held hostage by George until he was through with his full sales presentation. The music that was playing was so loud you could barely hear the presentation. George would ask questions periodically to make sure we were listening. It was grueling.

George knew that my husband was not going to budge and that his best bet of a sale that day would be through me. Our friend told him that no one makes a purchase like the one he was proposing without sleeping on it or talking to their banker. My husband emphatically told George "no". Basically his timeshare was not something we were interested in at any price. And George just kept on and on and on... He was just going to pressure us into it. We just wanted our $40 back and show tickets. He finally called over the guy who was going to make the deal with us. BAIT AND SWITCH move. His offer was ridiculously lower

than George's offer. George started out HIGH.... over $3,000 deposit and $1200 monthly payment. Now comes the new guy with an offer we were not supposed to be able to refuse. A deposit of only $300 and low monthly payment of $158, I believe.

My husband was getting red faced and angrier by the minute. He told this guy "NO" he was not interested. He wanted his show tickets and money back. We were all miserable. They finally took "NO" for an answer and we were escorted out to the desk for our refund and ticket vouchers. That's when we found out that there was not a 9 pm show like we were told. We had to wait for shuttle. The shuttle driver was rude. By this time we had spent our entire afternoon on this and we didn't care about the damn show anymore.

Do not make our mistake and fall for this scam!!! If you go to Vegas and want to see a show... just pay for the show and don't try to get your tickets for free... If you do... you will regret it as we do. Thank goodness we held our ground and did NOT buy into this Westgate Resort Scam as unfortunately others have. But it cost us several hours that we will never get back!

I read some reviews before going to the Westgate timeshare presentation in Gatlinburg. We were offered $120, so it seemed worth it. I'm not one to be forceful, so the 90 mins turned into almost 3 hours. That right there should get them in some legal trouble, hopefully one day. We sat through breakfast with our sales person who made us fill out a form asking how much we vacationed. I already got the heads up from a review to put down that you vacation a ton. That way they can't use that against you in pressuring you to vacation more. We sat through a presentation, and heard about some Vacation Club. You pay $6k, and get the "privilege" of paying $500 per week for timeshare units that you want to use. They think that's a deal?! They put up some Hotels.com quotes for dates to try and show that it is a deal, but we all know how to get deals instead of paying full price.

The lady gives some sappy story about her mom dying and how she wished they would have vacationed more, blah, blah, blah. They then release you to take a tour of the facilities. My wife was almost sold on this thing! I had to remind her that after you pay $6k, you still have to pay $500 per week. And I reminded her we were staying at a similar property for about that same price already, without putting down $6k. Their tactics do work. DO NOT go if you have a problem saying NO multiple times. We then sit down with our sales person. She asks our opinion. We say we love the place, but we aren't buying. We lie and say we just bought a house, so we can't take on any new liabilities. I also bring up that on RedWeek I got our week for $249, so half what they are selling, and I didn't have to put $6K down. She buys it and gets her manager.

He offers like 4 other options, 0 down financing, $3k buy in and we say no. He gets a little agitated. We stay super nice and calm. Just keep saying NO. He then offers a 3 night stay for $100. Timeshare presentation required. I said no again. He said I was not being rational. I told him I don't book a year in advance, so even if it was $1, I would decline. He signed our paper, and sent us on my way. He was visibly irritated. I didn't care. We got our money and got out of there, but sitting for 3 hours and having to say NO so many times is taxing. Just be prepared. I thought I was prepared, but still found it very irritating and would never do it again.

Below are tips for getting through it if you think the $100 is worth it: When filling out survey, make sure you say you vacation at least 4 weeks a year, otherwise they will try and guilt you into taking more. Act like you are paying attention in the presentation. Enjoy the tour, just realize you are looking at a model, not an actual room. When asked if you liked it, say yes. Of course it's nice. When asked if you are going to buy, say NO. Give a good reason that they can't battle. "I just bought a house." "I don't make purchasing decisions in a day, so I'm not signing anything or giving over any money, CC, future obligations." Tell them they can give you a copy of the contract, but you aren't signing or paying anything today. AND MAKE SURE YOU DON'T. You will need to say this at least 4 times. Don't get irritated. Stay focused. Once they see you aren't budging, they will move on.

They will get visibly irritated. That's fine. You don't have to. You aren't buying anything they are selling. If you have to, say you go to RedWeek or another website and get it for cheaper. Or better yet, pull up a resale on eBay for their property. Look at the time, note that you gave them more than 90 mins, you aren't buying, where's your prize? Good luck!

Let me start by saying that yes we have had issues and yes the sales pitch is strong handed... With that being said we have owned a 3 BD LO for 15 years and have enjoyed our vacations. Anytime I have had an issue it has been addressed and rectified. Our oldest daughter used the Timeshare in Virginia for her honeymoon and was not high pressured and had an overall wonderful time. Yes if you exchange weeks or locations you pay a fee, this was clear when we purchased so it does not surprise me when I am told there is a fee. We have let friends use it for vacation and they also enjoyed themselves.

Bugs? It's a high traffic place in warmer locations of course you will see bugs! Go to any restaurant in the middle of the night and turn on a light, I bet you see bugs! Now I can say we bought way back in the day and paid 1/3 of what they are selling for now so that probably weighs in here a bit. Our maintenance and taxes have doubled and that sucks but being that we paid it off 10 years ago we are not complaining. I know where I am staying and if I have a complaint I let them know in not uncertain terms that I am not happy and they need to make it right, which they have always done. We also bought at the Palms and quickly realized that was a mistake, we got rid of it after 2 years. If you don't like it, book your stay at the Howard Johnson and enjoy your stay... Nobody can force you to buy or make you stay for the spew, get up and walk out!

June 2016 my husband and I got convinced to sit through a timeshare presentation. Needless to say we were gullible enough to buy! Paying 130 a month no not too bad. Then we upgraded our unit in January to a 1 bedroom deluxe oceanfront. Needless to say I have been fighting with them to get our vacation booked for the summer. Kept getting run around then they finally go to book it. Mind you it's April now and come to tell me there's nothing available. Hmmm. I'm now paying 210 a month and just paid 735.00 for maintenance fees.

Been on the phone with several people over this to finally get an email from my agent saying "you're booked for the week you wanted in a 1 bedroom." I thought nothing of it got online to my acct. Yea it's a 1 bedroom but NOT what I paid for. We are suppose to be oceanfront with a full kitchen etc. We have king size bed, pull out sofa, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee pot!!! Very irate and would not recommend them to anyone!!!

Westgate Orlando Resort - Where do I begin? Our stay was from April 1-8, 2017. I am typing this as we are heading home literally. The first room (K8) we received was an outdated hotel room with a kitchen and washer and dryer. Which was fine until I started seeing ants and other bugs in the sheets and realizing how nasty the room was. Mold in the shower, past guests hair in the blankets, dog hair on the linen also. We met our wits end when the toilet was revealed to be clogged and it had to be taken off to be fixed. All while they wanted us to remain in the same room that they had splashed toilet water all over the floor containing fecal matter and whatnot.

We adamantly refused and they changed our room to (V12). That room was a moderate upgrade as it was still very poorly cleaned. Again past guests hair and dog hair in the linen. Mold in the shower, and bugs whom I think felt as if we were intruding into their personal space. Upon switching rooms on Sunday, I had left my son's jersey in the first room and when I called the front desk to retrieve it I was told that would be unable to be done. I was floored! Which further proved the rooms were not adequately cleaned anyway because it would have been in Lost & Found. Three days of calling Lost & Found and Guest Services and no results.

The sales people in the lobby tried to bait us in with their Torture Sales Tactics, and my husband almost fell for it as I'm not the one for wasting my precious time. Once you go into the lobby in the morning they tell you that you have to pay $24.00 which is non refundable to sit through a 90 min sales presentation. I didn't come down here for that and was not about to waste our vacation making such an expensive purchase when they don't even give you a written contract. All of the weary looking families being herded into the lobby waiting to be picked off by the Vultures aka Sales People... I'll pass. Don't Stay There and Don't Buy from this company!!!

My husband has been a Westgate owner since 2006. In our three years of marriage, this is our first visit together to his 'home' timeshare in the Smoky Mountains. In 2014, we chose to pay a fee and go to a Florida Dude Ranch, which we did enjoy. It was quiet, no one bothered us, and we enjoyed peace and quiet. Last year, we had to cancel our December vacation due to my surgery, and paid a fee to postpone. We have already booked Myrtle Beach for this Christmas 2017. My husband called the Gatlinburg resort and asked several questions before booking this spring get-a-way week. We had looked online and done our research on the fires that took place here in November. Upon calling we were assured that though 70% of the property was destroyed, we would have the same amenities and be in a similar cabin such as the one we own. Not the case.

Before we even left the house, we got the first call from Marque to meet him for breakfast. There was another call en route, and another when we arrived (a six hour drive). Our 'cabin' ended up being more of a Motel 6. It is in the "Owner Referral' section adjacent to the busiest area of the resort, the registration lobby, aka meeting central. It is NOT the 2 bed, 2 bath, hot tub cabin with a view that is bought and paid for. It is a 1 bed, 1 bath, galley kitchen, 3rd floor noisy hotel room. There is a lovely view of the highway, complete with construction trucks going in and out, beeping, honking, about 50 golf carts coming and going, a loud speaker announcing every time they get a new owner, and folks going in and out all day on the receiving end of "the timeshare talk."

Within hours of our arrival we agreed to meet with Marque for a deluxe breakfast the next morning. This includes tasteless fruit on a buffet, cold scrambled eggs, sausage patties and canned biscuits and gravy. All served on the finest PLASTIC-ware. We were about to be right in the middle of what we witness daily. Our view from about 8am-6pm is resort employees taking people in and out of meeting central to tour the property, go in a model, and then be given a two hour sales pitch. They tell you how the billionaire owner is now investing some of his OWN money into making the newly rebuilt cabins even better. They plan to rebuild in two years what took 18 years to build.

They pull out a worn binder and show you 6-8 bedroom cabins with a price tag of $240,000, "but oh, nobody can afford those, lets move on..." and then go on to tell you how much your property is worth, such growth, such real estate, and "now you can offer your timeshare to others and charge them a fee..." on and on. He also informed us if we call and book through the Gatlinburg number, we would not have to pay a fee for going to a different resort, good to know, after paying it twice. So my husband tells them he is not interested in any further upgrading, gives a few complaints about what was expected, and what we got, because we DID inquire on the phone and made clear we like peace and quiet and views. Marque makes a few notes and calls over a General Manager. General Manager goes on to tell us how the fires affected the property, yadda yadda, and he and Marque make small talk about any free tickets they can give us.

Since we prefer to sightsee and relax, we are not interested in dinner theaters and the like, so we cut the talk short. My husband tells him he only needs to know how to have my name put on the deed to the property, due to his previous wife with whom he purchased the timeshare being deceased. The general manager leaves, and comes back with a set of papers claiming he cannot believe his findings... "You are qualified to buy a $240,000 cabin, but for you, we can discount it $100,000 making your purchase price only $140,000!" And Marque adds, "WOW, Who ARE you people? I've never seen that before!" This sends my husband over the edge. Had we of thought quickly, we should've said "I'm Batman, and this is my wife, Wonder Woman." My husband again said he wasn't interested, and then they wanted him to sign a form saying it was ok to "release this property for a different owner to take advantage of."

My husband (being a lawyer) said that would imply some sort of intent in the first place, he wasn't signing anything and to please call when they got the information about the deed he inquired about. And with that, he offered a handshake and we excused ourselves. Rather, we disengaged from the pitch. The two sat there dumbfounded staring at each other in disbelief as we walked away. There is no bar in which to lounge with a beverage, there is one, may be two? restaurants above the pool that is about 102 degrees, constant hammering and sawing, constant construction traffic, folks jabbering on cell phones trying to make the next sale, financiers walking back and forth with their little black briefcases...

There is a nice indoor water park, and an outdoor pool, though they are still hammering and rebuilding the back portion of the outdoor pool. There are delicious free cookies in the model, go get some. And after waiting (and calling) two days for the spa to open, I was able to get in and have a wonderful massage with Amber. At some point in the future, I could see bringing grandchildren here, to enjoy the water park, and go into Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge for the day. But at no point, does this seem like a quiet, peaceful, relaxing vacation with a view. We have contemplated putting a sign on our balcony facing meeting central that reads "JUST SAY NO!" or maybe "Who ARE You People!?"

My husband and I were given a week as a honeymoon gift at Westgate Gatlinburg. The place was beautiful but they trick you into thinking they are giving you a tour and turned into a 3-hour high-pressure sales pitch in a tent. Finally, we agreed to the lowest deal 3 hours later. We were never getting out of there without agreeing. We immediately went to the front desk said we wanted to cancel and checked out 3 days early.

They told us sales was out until Monday and on Monday when we called sales they told us we missed the 3-day deadline which we tried calling over the weekend but we were told we were not allowed to cancel over the phone. Needless to say we were stuck with 2 years of payments. Fast forward a year later we had to cancel our reservation last minute due to a medical issue with my husband and I offered to provide documentation but WESTGATE SCAM shows up again. $100 rebooking fee. I would not advise anyone to deal with Westgate in the future!

I purchased discount Universal tickets online. I was told I'd have to sit through a 30 min presentation and take a tour of the resort. We were originally told if I purchased 2 days they would give me 3 extra days as long as we toured their resort. 2 days before we were to fly out received a call stating those tickets were no longer available!! Lady on the phone then informed us she could give us 2 days park to park passes (mind you they already received our $3 months ago) only to find out the tickets were only for 2 DAY passes!!!

The salesman was great, until we said NO... he went and got his manager who tried to change our minds. When that didn't work they handed us over to the gentleman to get our tickets who then proceeded to say he was going to fire our salesman!!! VERY PUSHY!!! If you struggle saying no, STAY AWAY!! Once we received our tickets as I stated we paid for 3 months prior, there was no cart to take us back to the clubhouse where we were parked... had a long walk back.

My husband and I decided to buy discounted tickets to Disney World but we would have to go to a timeshare. Was supposed to be a free breakfast for my whole family. We got there a little late due to not knowing where to go on the property. We got all of five minutes and my kids had to throw their food that they weren't done with and go to the childcare area. A meal of danishes muffins and fruit. After the presentation they tried to get us to buy and we said we do not have any extra money at that time for a down payment. They tried to get us financed and we did not qualify. We said we will buy when we save enough money for the down payment which would be a couple of months. So they decided to give us a free 6 night stay for the following year in their 3 bedroom suite. Free is a joke. We had to pay a 499 dollar processing fee or whatever they called it.

So we decided that after reading the contract we did not want a 6000 dollar hotel room which is the cost of ours if we paid monthly and then the fee of 899 dollars on the year we stayed in the hotel as that is what it is. A resort is a joke. We stayed in a three bedroom room and in the master there was a huge spa in the middle of the room. And it as well as the other shower had water stains and mold and the suite smelled old and was out of date. We were also told they had shuttle service to the Disney parks. To use the shuttle you had to reserve your time in advanced and it took you to the park at 830 am and picked you up at 630 pm, I didn't buy 1500 dollars of tickets for that little of a time at the parks. If I was going to pay that kind of money I would expect the Hilton or Swan at Disney.

Anyways I got a call to set up a time the morning we were to check out. I said no we do not have any time to spare as this is a family vacation and we had plans. Was then told that we had to sit down to a meeting with a rep or they would charge us the full price of the room and bill it to our card. Good thing we didn't have a plane to catch. We were then brow beaten into buying a timeshare we couldn't afford. We told them all of our concerns about the room and that we would not be buying a timeshare for an old, dirty room. Ok they sell us one in a new building that someone apparently pulled out of that was almost paid for at a huge discount. We fell for it and decided a few months later to pull out. It is overpriced and run down and what they promise you in the beginning is a scam to get more money from you.

I have read so many bad reviews for Westgate. We have owned our Westgate timeshare now for several years. We have had both good and bad experiences with our vacations. We have found the condos beautiful at both Branson and Gatlinburg. Yes, we did find their salespeople extremely pushy and do not like dealing with them. But, we purchased and then upgraded. Yes, they were pushy, but no one twisted our arm or held us hostage.

We have loved the vacation experiences and will be going to Orlando later this year. Last time, in Gatlinburg, we were not given what we owned, but they did give us a free week for 4, which we are using this year. So, although we were very upset, and it got a little ugly, in the end they worked to make us happy. The amenities are wonderful and our children have enjoyed everything. Unfortunately, we would have been going back to Gatlinburg except for the wildfire. So this year, we will be trying out one of the Orlando resorts. In all, my advice would be not to purchase on the spur of the moment. Although they promise you will have "free" vacations, we have certainly spent more than if we just spent the money at a hotel.

On the other hand, we have had beautiful and spacious accommodations, which we would have never had with a hotel. And because we are going to Westgate Resorts, we have went to places we probably would not have chosen otherwise. I like being able to cook and wash our laundry, and I love the spaciousness and privacy of the condos. So although we have spent more money than we should have, we have enjoyed our Westgate resort.

Arrived Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort 11/27/16 day before fire. At 4:00 pm I walked my dog on the complex and noticed large ashes and embers floating in the air so we returned to our room. Around 8 pm the satellite dish went down and around 8:10 pm two men knocked on our door shouting "GET OUT NOW!" We called the Front Desk but no one answered, there was no phone message. Called directly to the Welcome Center but no answer, then called our concierge but voicemail had not been set up.

Feb 1 owners meeting the WG spokesperson said, "Fire department only gave a 20 min warning to evacuate 1600 from a 2.5 mi." No outlet road. Fire Department employee told me the Fire Chief told her to not comment but refer me to call Chamber of Commerce Marci Claude (865) 436-0509. However she has refused to take any calls.

We waited three days to hear anything from Westgate officials but none came. I have videos showing the time we were evacuated which shows 8:37. We're waited at the entrance. I was able to find other resorts were evacuated at 6 PM. I am looking for a class action lawsuit to subpoena Gatlinburg Fire Department and Westgate Records. Why were people not evacuated earlier???

I am a time-share owner at Smoky Mountain Westgate Resort. I purchased a 3 bedroom. Every year my family and I visit during the 4th of July weekend because it is the ONLY week my husband & children are off at the same time. This year because of the fire, there are no 3 bedrooms available. They told me I could stay at another resort. I choose Orlando Town Center because it is the ONLY other Westgate property similar to Tennessee (3 bedroom & water park). I was told that they would waive the exchange fee, but I would have to pay a fee of $250 because they have activities that week. My options were 1) go a different week or 2) pay the fees. However, if I choose a different week Tennessee still does NOT have 3 bedrooms, and my husband CANNOT change his vacation dates (they are set at the beginning of the year).

Why should I have to pay fees when I am paying mortgage and taxes, and cannot stay there. I'm very frustrated! It just seems like Westgate wants to suck out all of the money they can. It's never enough. Tennessee owners should be accommodated at any resort at anytime during this rebuild. I don't think it's fair to charge fees when we have no other option, but to go elsewhere! If I have to take this greedy Goliath to court, I will!!! I'm sure other suits will follow!!!

Told staff when we arrived we were there to spend time with family that we hadn't seen in 2 years, was not interested in a timeshare review. On Wednesday morning February 22nd, 2017 a man called our room and told us because we bought through Priceline we were owed $50 back. To come to front desk to pick it up. When we got down there we were told about breakfast upstairs and was asked to sit in a very short meeting. When we got upstairs it was so loud that it affected my heart which I have issues with and the girl Anglie that was with us had left the room and left us sitting. So we went back downstairs and told the man at the desk that we were not staying, that we were leaving. And then they pretty much pushed us into going out by the bar area with the lady and sitting through this meeting. That's when I started having issues again and needed to get a water so I could take my medicine.

My husband told her we were done, we didn't want no part of a timeshare and we were not buying into it. She got very rude, stood up and started yelling for security. When I told her the noise was bothering me upstairs I could not do it she made a very nasty remark about "maybe we should let Isis go take care of that." We were not there for a timeshare. We live in Florida and we were there to visit family. Like I said she was very rude. The whole resort was a fiasco. We paid 200 bucks a night to stay there and it was very uncomfortable.

After all of this I will never stay another Westgate Resort and I had plans on making sure none of my family does either. The way we were treated was uncalled for. When you say No it should be left at that. You should not be forced into something. Thursday I suffered from seizures and was stuck in bed all day long and we're pretty sure it was brought on by the stress that we went through from the staff at Westgate on Wednesday morning. Just to make things clear when we arrived the first night at Westgate the staff at the front desk that check doesn't work very well mannered and we're no part of this whatsoever.

Well, I will 2nd, 3rd etc... others experiences with Westgate's timeshare sales pitches. These people are rude, pushy and deceitful. They become nasty very quickly and will talk circles around anyone. They use typical high-pressure sales tactics. The scheduler changed our tour from 90 minutes to 60 but the sales person said she had no idea why and that I was "required" to stay for all 90 minutes and take property tour... also something the scheduler said I wouldn't have to do! I insisted that the scheduler manager and the sales team manager come talk to me (scheduler said there was no manager there so I insisted on the MOD for the resort) and at this point I was given the $ they promised me for listening to the presentation.

The only choice one has is to get nasty right back. Sales does this for a living and only understand one language... the language of rudeness! As for the resort... it's tired. It's very 80’s ish. Mold in the shower, appliances don't work and decor is way out of date. I booked this place as a secret deal from Priceline because it was a 4 star resort! No idea how it got that rating but we won't be staying here again.

Don't be fooled by the beauty of the resorts. Whatever you do--DO NOT INVEST IN A WESTGATE PROPERTY--they are a complete scam. They show you one thing and sell another. They misrepresent what they are selling and do not show you a contract--now they give you a disc and, if you are away, you won't have time to review it to cancel. They advised that they NEVER ALLOW CANCELLATIONS--so, if you are unhappy, forget that.

When you do go to use your timeshare (and I own one), they bother you repeatedly to come to an "update" to waste a couple of hours, where they try to sell you more and do not let you leave. They bring in a supervisor to offer another deal and you don't go until you buy something--what you purchase, however, is not what they promise and you WILL NOT BE HAPPY when you switch resorts from one Westgate to another, you get the identical room that any other guest would have for the price you pay for yearly maintenance--so this will NEVER become a worthwhile investment. You will never reap a real benefit from this timeshare.

And, although they tell you that you can exchange for cruises, this is also a lie. If you try to do that, you will give up your week and get a 100 dollar discount on the cruise--meaning, it is not worthwhile at all. So, everything they tell you is a real scam. When you do go to complain, there is no one that can talk to you. You are switched to different agents and a "supervisor" finally will talk to you, but will tell you that you were told everything and there is nothing else he can do---so it is a complete waste of time and, you cannot get rid of the timeshare. There is absolutely no market and you are stuck forever! If you like the resorts, use them like a hotel--much better deal--just don't buy anything. It is the worst investment we ever made.

The folks at Westgate Resorts ought to be ashamed of themselves... Me and my wife back in July went to a presentation where we ended up buying the timeshare with the understanding that we had two weeks vacation every odd year and 12 weeks where we can go everywhere. Anytime for a fee ranging from 49 to 399 a week... I have already paid close to 3 thousands on that mortgage. I called last week to book a week of vacation. It was then that I found out that there's no such thing as 12 weeks for such price. Plus instead of 2 weeks it's only 1 every other year. Which means by the time I take my next week vacation I will have to pay close to 9 thousands for nothing. I was told by management that I should have read my contract because they could care less about what the agent has told me... It was a big mistake from my part. I wished I could find a way to get out of this nightmare called dream vacation for life...

Please stay clear of Westgate when doing their timeshare presentations. They will lie and are sneaky. Sales rep told me I was getting a package for a loft but instead sold me a 1 bedroom. However they are paperless so I didn't see that it was changed until trying to book my stay. Now no one can seem to help me and it's too late after they have gotten a lot of money off of me. I wouldn't recommend Westgate to my worst enemy. They are crooks. Don't believe anything they say and only half of what you see.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Westgate Resorts is a timeshare company that was founded by David Siegel in 1982. The company offers customers more than 13,500 timeshare villas and access to properties at 28 resorts.

• Numerous outposts: Westgate Resorts' properties are located conveniently throughout the U.S., so they are easy to reach for customers no matter where they live. They also offer a diverse range of landscapes and amenities.
  • Resorts with amenities: The company offers timeshare owners a huge selection of amenities at their resorts, including soda shops, pool bars, spas, putting greens and more, so traveling to their timeshare property feels like a real vacation.
  • Charitable company: Westgate is also a community-focused company, and the company donates more than 2 million dollars each year through the Westgate Resorts Foundation.
  • Convenient online account management: Owners of Westgate properties can access their account online, and they have convenient options to pay fees, change membership options, and more.
  • VIP owner events: The company regularly throws VIP events for owners, including parties, shows, and more.
  • Best for Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, young professionals with disposable income and large families.

Compare Timeshares