Westgate Resorts

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Everything looked so nice and clean, even the room when we first went in it looks amazing. As we were getting ready for bed I noticed the sheets were dirty, I called them 4 times no one came to bring the new ones, after 4 hours of waiting we went to the lobby and we explained to the guy at the desk the situation, I even showed him pictures and videos of the dirty sheets and the bed, after I took the sheets off the bed, the bed was even worst than the sheets and even the guy said the bed looked bad but that there was nothing they can do at that time, that I had to wait until morning (it was 1:30 am when we were talking to him after waiting 4 hours).

We ended up covering ourselves with towels that were in the closets because they were a lot cleaner than the sheets. At the meeting they trying to convince us to buy timeshare, we show them the pictures and explained our horrible night, their answer was "Once you are an owner you will be treated better." The most ridiculous thing I have ever heard because if you are trying to sell a product you should do it right the first time and more people will buy. Do not waste your time. They are dirty and don't care if you are a guest.

We were in Vegas from Aug 08-11, 2017. We booked a room at Westgate because it was cheap. We arrived early at the hotel, and so we went directly to the Guest Services to inquire if we can check-in early. We were "greeted" by staff who asked if it was our first time in Vegas. We were so honest -- and said yes. The staff offered us free Cirque De Soleil tickets. They also offered us free breakfast for the next day. My husband already have a bad feeling, but we just ignored it. We'd like to believe that people are genuine and thoughtful since it's our first visit in Vegas (oh darn)...

At the counter, they mentioned that the tickets were at discounted price of $40. We paid and was asked to fill in a yellow sheet with our name, occupation and income -- now this made the two of us nervous. In the evening, my husband read the yellow sheet, and at the bottom, read something about "Timeshare". Since we were so tired, we never had the chance to google it. The next day (morning), we went downstairs for our free breakfast. We were asked to wait (the actual breakfast area was covered). An agent came in to assist us to our table. We altogether went to get breakfast (which by far, is the worst breakfast food/menu we've seen). We sat on our table, chatted and eat.

The agent was an expert in talking and deceiving people! He sounded so friendly and genuine! We were promised that it's just a 90 minute presentation. We went to have breakfast at 10 am, and finished at 6:45! After getting toured at the suites, etc, My husband said NO! They were so persistent -- they called the manager, etc. There were 3 more people on our table. Everyone was talking fast, etc. There were other staff who looked like security guards staring at us! We were so tired, and so unfortunately, my husband signed for the 1 bed/1bath! They mentioned that ITS GOOD FOR OUR KIDS, OUR FUTURE VACATIONS, etc etc.

Our 2nd day in Vegas was such a waste. My husband and I went to MGM to eat afterward. My husband told me that he needs to eat and zone out, in order to realize what just happened. On our last day, we googled more about timeshare. He found out about the RESCISSION! In Nevada, you may cancel, by written notice, the contract of sale for a timeshare purchase up until midnight of the fifth calendar day following the date you signed the contract (Nev. Rev. Stat. § 119A.410(1)). The contract of sale must include a statement of the right to cancel.

And so on our way to Bellingham Washington, we immediately located a POSTAL OFFICE. Signed the TIMESHARE NOTICE OF CANCELLATION, Wrote Westgate Florida a letter stating that we want OUT, and attached a copy of the Contract. We were told that the fastest way to send it is through FedEx (1 day for $95). The post office staff thought that we would prefer a cheaper way to expedite it, but my husband was like: "This $95 express mail is worth a lifetime of peace of mind." We are still awaiting response from Westgate Florida.

I went on a tour at the Turkey Lake Rd and they offered me a 2/2 two bedroom with two bath. On my proposal it says 2/2, but because my legal documents say 2/1 they can't help me after me paying a whole year. Which means my deed was a bait and switch. The room on my deed is totally different from what they showed my husband and we got bunkbeds. Never knew they had bedbunks even with telling them we have grown kids. We were definitely fooled into signing the deed.

After going back and forth with a manager at the Town Center and being tossed around the Manager on site tells me "We give you what you can afford" and I tell him, "But why not explain that and show us what you are giving us". He could not answer that. Stood quiet. I also was told I can refinance with SunTrust which was also a lie everything they did and said is illegal. I will be going to a lawyer. Gave them chance after chance almost a whole year to fix and nothing.

We own with another company, and through them we found Westgate Resorts, or should I say gross motel like setting. This is in no way a resort. The rooms are tiny, their version of a kitchen is a counter with a sink & microwave, and their rooms are not cleaned very well. Upon arrival we saw several security vehicles on site, and thought this is a good thing, when in all reality it was a bad thing! There were loud parties going on until 2 am almost every night, not one security officer was enforcing quiet hours.

We called down to the desk each night requesting they take care of the noise. There were uncleared messages on the voicemail from the previous person who stayed. The blinds do not close all the way, and some are broken. There was a dead cockroach in the bathroom light fixture. The TVs are ancient and not clear to see what's on them. The people in the lobby were not very friendly, and when we asked them questions we got lazy partial answers. Internet is impossible to log onto and is very slow once you get logged on. Laundry facility is located on 1 of the 6 floors, and is open for anyone to go into it and take your clothes. The only two positives we had during our stay was there was a shuttle bus to and from the Theme Parks and the people who work in the restaurant were very nice.

Attended a timeshare seminar @ Westgate Resorts in Orlando. We bought a just week at the resort and three free weekend getaways for $595. Salesperson promised all the information we would need would arrive in a "big package" in a few weeks. All we received was a membership in the vacation club. We received nothing re: the promised three weekends. When I called Westgate, I got a one hour runaround: "You need to talk with corporate", " You need to call the resort directly", "There is nothing we can do", "Read your contract". Everyone agreed we were lied to, but said they will not issue refunds.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?

Went to Westgate Resort to see 90 minutes presentation so we could get the discount tickets to Magic Kingdom... took more than 90 minutes but we got our discount. We told them up front we wouldn't buy anything. And everything went pleasantly. They told us they were "Fast Pass" tickets but it turned out to be a limited, reservation pass and they only got to use it on three rides! When we're checking out from the 90 minute presentation a lady ask if we planned to do anything else? We said yes. She told us she could give us some discounts to the two alligator parks we planned to go to. So we said, "Sure we'd love a discount." Well... to get a super discount we had to listen to their travel club presentation. We said ok because the discount was nice! So we paid the $40 front money with a guarantee there would be no additional charges.

The free breakfast was terrible the first day... worse the next visit. Well after the 90 minutes was over the salesman would not take NO! For an answer. He knew we were on our honeymoon but he still insulted my wife of only 6 days! He told her to be quiet once because he was talking only to me! Which prompted me to forcefully end it right there! As he got up he took one more stab at insulting us with comments about where we're currently staying. I spoke with a couple different manager level people and they assured me it would be handled.

I bought a Timeshare in while in a vacation in Florida. After I completed all my payments, I called and booked my first vacation, they confirmed it in an email and even called me hours before to confirm. We flew from Illinois and once at the front desk they made us sign all paper works even charge our credit card for a hold. Then she proceeds: "Unfortunately we do not have your 2 bedrooms available, we are putting you in a 1bedroom" and am talking about a party of 5. All I can say is you will hear from my lawyer. You crook, thieves, scammers good for nothing lying stupid ignorants. I hate you. How irresponsible to make me come all the way to Las Vegas and disrespect me. These rooms are nothing you showed us or on your website. People please don't book here. It's a scam.

I bought my original timeshare way back in the early 2000s with Blue Tree. I was forced to upgrade to another property because of issues with Blue Tree. Basically was told my property was not worth anything and I would never be able to trade into programs with interval etc. because of this. In 2015 I went ahead and upgraded at my own expense of course to Westgate Lakes. The sales rep to convince me to get a three bedroom instead of a two bedroom because I can easily rent it out and that SHE can do that for me. She told me I contact her directly and even named me numerous organizations who come there for conventions that I can rent out to. Specifically told me the summer was the best time to get the most money. Even drew me a diagram and all.

When I could never get a hold of her it was already past the time I could use my week. They were willing to let me use my week of course at a fee. Then after expressing my issues, they decided to waive it but needed to charge me another fee because of the week I had. Extremely upset, I stated my case regarding the sales rep selling us this upgrade on the idea that she would be able to rent it out for us easily. Something that I found out Westgate does not condone. I scanned the packet she gave me with her diagrams and information, I sent them telephone records and text message records (which they asked me for) and I even sent them a voicemail.

All which they say does not prove that she said she can rent out my property for me. I am looking for owners who've been approached to upgrade or buy this this same tactic whether they have proof or not so that I can contact the attorney general and have them look into this further. With more of us speaking in a group, the stronger case we can build because I know I'm not the only one.

We purchased a timeshare after being shown a nicely renovated unit. The Unit that was put onto our deed was a different unit than the one we seen, but they assured us that every unit on the property were all the same. When we arrived for our first stay, we were put in the far back corner in a smelly non renovated unit. I immediately asked for a room change. Next day I get a different unit, but I explained I want an answer on the crappy unit on my deed when I was shown a nicely renovated one. They say "contact sales manager". Then I receive a text from "management" asking how things are. I responded with my concerns, including telling them if it wasn't resolved that I would attend their presentation and voice my displeasure over their crooked sales tactics. They said someone would be in touch.

Next morning a sales manager calls me to come for a meeting to go over concerns and that they had an offer for us. THIS IS WHERE IT GOT CRAZY. I told her my issue of being shown one thing and sold another. She then says she would have to go find a broker. After 30 mins waiting in a large room with these sketchy sales people, I had to call her to see where she went. She comes back and I tell her "I am the type of person to stand up in here and tell everyone not to buy." Well she obviously thought I was bluffing. Takes us to another room to meet a broker. There were a lot of people doing their pitches. I told some people not to buy. Then Sales buddy gets into it with me. "That was really rude, you gonna pay my bills?" I respond, saying "it's rude what you guys do to people and the tricks you pull to get people to pay your bills." Escalates and he says he is going to have me arrested and says "let's go". To which I said "F" off.

He calls for "Leo" (a floor bouncer) to come over and get me out. They then clear about 20 tables around mine and get people away as about 7 security guys gather. Then this wanna-be tough guy comes over identifying himself as the floor manager and asks if I am telling people not to buy. I said I wasn't answering. He says if he finds out I was saying anything at all regarding their sales, he will have me thrown in jail and kicked off the property. I didn't give him the time of day. He was annoyed. I didn't respond and so he left but security remained until the broker came and spoke with me and said there was nothing that could be done with the deed, all the while tapping my arm and giving me his pitch. I told him not to touch me and that what they did was sell me something I didn't ask for and that I would be letting people know my opinion on their sales scam. He said it's my decision whether I want jail time.

I was like"piss off, the fact that you are even suggesting something like that is to try to instill fear and keep the person from talking." Got up and left. Oh and their access cards are not chipped, so if they get near a cell phone or magnet, it's wiped. I have a cell phone wallet case. Wiped the cards every time. Will never go to this place ever and am currently looking for an alternate timeshare. Makes you wonder what they are running there when they are so quick to have a lot of security and threats of arrest if you mention this stuff to someone. Totally crooked. Wish I read reviews first. If I could mark this as a zero star, I would.

Came in on June 26, 2017 and toured the property. We were pressured into buying the cheapest travel club they offered. Once getting home we found out that my husband was being laid off of his job. We then contacted the corporate office and was told if within the 3 day window we could return the products to the resort for a full refund. We made a 3.5 hour drive back to the resort, returned all items, and was told that we would get our money in approximately 20 days. They are nothing but a bunch or crooks and thieves. I swear no one should even set foot on the property... This is the worst company ever!!!!

I received an email promotion advertising a 5 day stay including 4 free tickets to Shipwreck Island Water park for $299 if I agreed to a 90 minute tour. I thought it was an amazing deal, so I booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa at Westgate Vacation Villas in Kissimmee, Florida for my family. Little did I know that it would start off as the vacation from HELL!!!

First, I called a day prior to arriving and spoke with a rep concerning changing our tour date from that Friday morning to Thursday due to I'd have to fly out that Friday morning b/c my Grandfather passed away and his funeral was that Saturday. I expected them to ask questions concerning his death and even ask for proof from the funeral home. What I didn't expect was for the rep to be rude and disrespectful. After answering the rep's questions, she made the statement, "so y'all keep the body out that long?". I was shocked and highly offended. After educating her on courtesy and manners and a hour long phone call, she changed our tour date as requested.

Next, my family and I drove 6 plus hours to the vacation site. We arrived around 4:45 pm and checked in. On arrival we were informed that the unit was still being cleaned and that they'd give me a call when it was ready. Keep in mind, check in is at 4. My fiance and I decided to go and grab a bite to eat while waiting. By 6 pm, I hadn't received a phone call so I called and spoke with Allen, the front desk manager and he informed me that the room was just cleaned and that we could come and pick up the keys.

We got to the room and got settled. We were there for around 3 hours and I noticed small BUGs in the villa! I notified the front desk and requested a new room. The rep informed me that security would come out to confirm if there are any bugs and if so, they'd move us to a new unit. Security never arrived. Around 30 mins later, I received a phone call from the front desk stating that security confirmed bugs in the unit and that someone would bring us keys right away. My fiance and I were horrified and upset! We packed our belongings back up and waited on the keys.

After 45 minutes and no one showing up with the keys, we went to the front desk and spoke with Allen again. We informed him of our dissatisfaction and concern not knowing what type of bugs were in the unit and also questioned whether they knew of the infestation prior to placing us in the unit since security confirmed bugs without coming out to check. Allen (front desk manager) stated he would check with security to see why and how they confirmed bugs without checking the unit. He apologized and placed us in a new unit. He got a staff member to escort us to the next unit.

On arrival to the new unit, we encountered a SNAKE in front of the door to enter the villa! The staff member called animal control and we went back to the front desk. This time, Allen provided us with a new room and offered a refund for a day and free WiFi during our stay (WiFi was $9.99/day). We arrived to the 3rd unit and was greeted by a strong smell of MOLD. Due to it is now midnight and we are exhausted, I said we could deal with this in the morning. My fiance and started checking the beds for bugs and I found BLOOD STAINED SHEETS and a duvet cover stained with blood and with what appeared to be feces and pubic hair. I was LIVID!!!

I called the front desk and asked for the manager. I was told that he was out of the office and that I could speak with Erica the supervisor. I informed Erica of the situation and she told me she would speak with the manager and call me back. After a 30 min wait, I drove to the front desk and encountered Robert. I asked for the manager and Robert went inside an office and came back 5 minutes later and told me that the manager was out of the office, but that I could wait to speak with Erica the supervisor. I informed him that I had spoken with Erica and hadn't heard back from her and asked if he could call the manager to come to the office so that I could speak with him. Robert informed me that the manager was busy on the property and had a list of things to do and that I could get added to the bottom of his list or speak with Erica!!!

I was frustrated and appalled by his statement and stated I'd wait for Erica. After waiting in the lobby for 10 mins or so Erica showed up. Before I could speak with her, another guest was waiting voiced her dissatisfaction with her room and stated that her room was I infested with bugs and roaches and was demanding a new unit. After Erica handled that situation, I explained my situation and she apologize for not returning the call from earlier. I showed her the photos I took on my cellphone of the duvet cover and sheets. Erica was disgusted and immediately called the office manager.

In less than a min, Rudy (the new office manager on duty) showed up. I explained my entire visit up to the point of us speaking. Rudy was very apologetic and immediately came out to the unit with me. He and a staff member changed everything on the bed. He spoke with my fiance and family and apologized. I also pointed out the smell of mold in the unit. He informed me that he would upgrade our unit that morning, treat us to dinner and was very concerned, courteous and sympathetic. When they left the unit, it was 2 am. Our tour was scheduled for 11 am that morning. Needless to say, we weren't interested in purchasing anything.

After the tour, we were moved to an upgraded unit. This unit was clean and didn't have a mold smell. My family was excited and thankful. Everything was going fine until I noticed GNATS crawling down the wall. At this point, I was beyond tired of speaking with management, moving from room to room and packing and unpacking. We killed the gnats that we saw and inspected the unit. The unit was fine and we decided to stay.

By this time, we had spent 1 day and a half on changing rooms. We spoke with Franscisco (manager) and he apologized and offered to extend our stay for 2 days or for us to come back for a free 3 day stay at a later time. Rudy, the previous manager, had left us an envelope with gift certificates for $100 to use one site, 2 free large pizzas from Joe's, 6 free desserts from Draft's, 2 1 day passes to Shipwreck Island and 6 free breakfast buffet passes to eat at Draft's. I left the next morning. My family stated the trip ended up ok, but they did encounter a RACCOON in front of the entrance to the upgraded unit.

We went to Orlando, Florida last year to one of their resorts. I purchased a so called BOA (vacation package). With this package I was told we have a vacation 1 week for the next 3 years. This was not true. We get 1 vacation and 2 getaways. So this year we went to Myrtle Beach. Had to go to another sales pitch. After telling the saleslady I was not going to buy and after 3 1/2 hours later I just told them I would purchase another package just to get out of the sales pitch. So after we got home I sent a letter and also called them to cancel. Now they tell me I can't cancel. I will never use them again. I hope no one else does either.

I was not planning on purchasing a timeshare. I had the impression that timeshare was a scam but after attending Westgate Las Vegas and talking to Edger I realized that without timeshare an average hardworking family could not enjoy the beautiful world that God has made. Edger opened my eyes and helped us out. I don't recommend you attend these presentations with a close mind. It was a blessing to us. I purchased a 2-bedroom condo for a bit more than what I was spending in a hotel. Not going anywhere. It's not cheap but it's worth it.

My husband and I went on a time share presentation in Las Vegas. We were gifted a two night stay in a slew of cities as long as we selected a date 30 days in advance and paid $56. We have submitted our paperwork three times and been denied each time because there isn't inventory. I am thinking this would make a good class action lawsuit. Are there others out there who have not received their gifts through Trip Incentives?

My name is Davidson, I am from Michigan. Booking my vacation with Westgate Vacation.com and called 1800 218 4363 for my trip. I told them I want to book staying at Westgate resorts but they told me the resorts been build because of the Smokies Mountain fire last year but we have another place just like our resorts, that also belong to us and it's close by. They sent me their Westgate website to look what the room look like and everything the resorts have to offer so I agreed to book it.

But after 10 to 11 hours drive to have first experience of Smokies Mountain turned out our resorts is not the same as the Westgate resorts. They book us in the resort at governor's crossing, which old and run down. I was very disappointed and unhappy where we checking in. I called and compliant to them but they didn't resource the issue for me. I'm very disappointed they tricking me to stay where I don't want to stay and pay premium price for it. I warn those out there. Do not deal with Westgate resorts and been trick to stay elsewhere you think you going to stay.

Where do I begin? Firstly, my husband and I were bamboozled into this scheme and it will NEVER happen again. After paying $5000 we still have to pay $500 whenever we want to stay at one of the resorts. Not only that, there's a $200/yr fee. If not your account gets deactivated!!! I am seriously considering a class action lawsuit because this had got to be illegal. Then they talk about a week at our resort is $2000+. I've seen deals at $79.19 per nights. Smh. I am so disappointed in this crap!!! 90% of their reviews are bad. Why the dept of Consumer Affairs not doing anything about these people???

I'm currently a Westgate owner in Florida. My family and I have been members for 15 years, this time around was one for the books. This vacation was the worst I have had in all the time I've been an owner. The room still has not been up to par since I first became a member. Upon arrival unit B was not made up. The kitchen in unit A had an ant infestation. While eating ants would be crawling on the counter tops. The appliances were outdated and not enough silverware was provided for the allotted amount of people in the villa (8). Daily housekeeping was not provided, and when the garbage was taken out it would not be picked up for days.

The pools are very crowded. There are not enough pools for the amount of people in the resort. If you do happen to go to the pool, there is no lifeguard on duty. The pools are mainly full of undisciplined children. There were a few incidents of kids hitting people with a football in the face and diving in shallow water. The only good thing about the premises is the landscaping. Unfortunately I can no longer recommend Westgate Resort Villa and Towncenter to anyone. I hope some serious action is taken because for sure their business will be declining.

My family stayed at the resort for a week (06/2 until 06/9 2017) while I drove back and forth everyday from a near by city. As usual, the sales department made an appointment to review our owner history and present the future projects of Westgate. They offer breakfast and a $50 cash attendance price for a 90 minute meeting. Frank was the name of the salesperson who contacted my wife and she accepted not before getting a promise of no more than 90 minute meeting since she was going with three children and mother in law.

Meeting was scheduled for 10:00 and nobody showed up until 11:30 when another salesperson whose name was Marisol ** showed up. She started decently and took a long long time reading notes and trying to understand our owner history. Time quickly passed and the 90 minute meeting hadn't even started yet. When my wife asked politely to salesperson ** if she could start because of our children who were becoming impatient. The answer from ** was: "If you don't have time then leave". She said it in front of my entire family. This is after more than 2 1/2 hours of waiting time on a 90 minute meeting. My wife stood up and left very upset for a wasted time and tried to find a manager (any manager) and nobody was available.

A company that depends 100% on satisfied customers has legions of RUDE, UNPREPARED, ARROGANT AND IGNORANT salespeople. After asking at least 6 persons a Brazilian employee claimed to be a manager although she didn't even had a name tag and attempted to listen although she also said that if she wanted to go she could go. She didn't give a damn about the impolite and rude attitude of Marisol **. Like ** there is an army of rats (human kind) without any respect for customers except the interest to close on a sale. Finally and after attempting many times to contact someone, Frank showed up and tried to compensate the issue with a $25 coupon for in resort purchases. He didn't bring the attention of any manager. Westgate Manager: NOT ALL YOUR PEOPLE ARE BAD BUT MAKE SURE YOU CAN SELECT THE GOOD ONES AND GET RID OF THE RATS AND LEECHES.

Wow. I must say, thanks for research and thanks for the all of you who have taken the time to review. You have certainly cemented my thoughts to avoid Westlake. I just arrived home from a long weekend in Orlando. I booked at Westgate Blue Tree independent from any sales pitches. Upon check in, however, I was given the option for 1/2 price theme park tix if I went through the 90-min presentation. What the heck. My wife and I did it. As others mentioned, the sales pitch was very high pressure. A couple of things that made me chuckle were claims that Westgate is better protected from ISIS than other timeshare communities and that (from the manager) my salesperson was going to get fired for not selling us that day.

Fortunately, I was born with the ability to be aggressive back and, after about 90 mins I simply told the sales staff, "Look, I fulfilled my obligation, I need time to think about and research this, I am leaving and if you charge my card anything for doing so I will dispute the charges with my credit card company. I have disputed things several times before and have never lost any such disputes." They signed me out without incident. Overall, sitting through the sales pitch was worth the $300 saved on park tix. Yes, they gave them to me. Just know what to expect. Still, to me and my wife, the sales pitch actually did make some sense. We do like to travel, we are fortunate in that we are successful and have some disposable income. A timeshare might actually make sense for us. After reading these reviews it won't be happening with Westgate though.

In all fairness, I have to say, the room that we had at Westlake was gorgeous. Spotless and everything worked as it should. Somehow, though, I think that might have been as "timeshare" bait and that maybe not all of their rooms are like that? I can't say for sure but, again, the room was nice for us. The amenities were top notch also (pools, mini-golf, hot tub, etc). What's fair is fair. The place was nice.

I was tricked into doing a tour at Westgate Resort. I bought a week vacation package and I was told that I have until 2018 to use the vacation. In May 2017 I found out that there was a mix-up with my credit card. They were charging my sister her fees out of my account and taking my payment from her credit card. Unfortunately I lost my wallet and that's how I found out what was going on. For their mistake they gave my sister a full refund because they messed up. I called to address my situation because they were taken the money from her account which is now closed. I spoke to their supervisor Hector and he didn't apologize not even once about the mistake that his company made. He asked me to update my account information to continue my payment.

I declined to do so because by this point I was turned off and upset about the mistake that they have made. They just don't get it. When they took my card and went back to do whatever they had to do it could have been someone else other than my sister that I was paying for. I asked them for a refund but they told me no. He noted my account that I was not adding a new card and I told him that I will have my bank get my money back. They're so ignorant. They just don't get it. What they did is not legal and at this point I should be getting my money back. They are leaving me no choice but to file for fraud because this is fraud. Do not get sucked in by Westgate big mistake. Big mistake.

My wife and I were walking near Planet Hollywood on the Las Vegas Strip when we were approached by a person that asked us if we're interested in receiving free gifts, and all we needed to was attend a Westgate Presentation. We were told that if we made an initial deposit of $40.00 and attend a 90-minute presentation we would received two tickets to a Las Vegas show, dinner for two, and a free 3 day and 2 night stay at the LV Westgate Resort Hotel. We thought what a deal, I knew we were not going to purchase a timeshare.

We were shuttled to the Westgate property, where we provided our name, line of work, and income. Again, I knew we were not going to purchase anything and I had a feeling the building was full of RATS (Of the Human-kind), so I starting taking as stuff as I could, little bottles of water, packages of coffee and tea. We had not eaten breakfast so when we were seated. They invited us to help ourselves to the food bar, my wife is only 4'10" and 115 lbs but I asked her eat as much as she could.

As we started to eat Westgate's representative came over to greet us, his name was George! I am a former active duty Marine and currently a certified public accountant. Both professions have taught me the value of listening. I listen to George contradict himself a number of times and out and out lie. For example he first told us the maintenance fees had actually gone down in the previous year, when we were touring the property he said the maintenance fees had gone down one year. The two statements are very different, for example did the fees go down one time 5 years ago or was it 10 years, maybe it never happened? Next, George told us he was from NY City, but he did not know the 5 boroughs of the City. These seem like small things, but that is the point; if he would lie about insignificant crap, then I knew he would say anything to make a sale.

After small talk, George's 5 analysis of our estimated travel costs for the next 10 years, and tour of the facility, I looked at my watch and 3 hours had pasted. That is when Good Ole George tried to convince us that we would be making a great investment and saving a lot of money if we purchased a $90,000 timeshare at 18.99% interest. Of course I said no way, however George continued to press me to buy, tell me that "He would feel better if we could get the monthly payment down", I told him that he might feel good about the lower monthly payment but I wouldn't.

Honestly because I knew I wasn't going to purchase I do not remember what the payment was. It was over $1,600. He then offered me a 1 bed rm, 1 bath unit for the low, low price of $60,000 (Same interest rate), again I said no. He then turned to my wife and asked would she purchase the unit on her own, I told him she was not doing anything of the sort, the angry for his use of that tactic was evident in my voice and he quickly move on.

George finally got it, however they were not finished. He left and returned with his supervisor (Noah). Noah made a number of offers that I quickly rejected and then he tip my true entry mean guy. He asked George, "Hey if we can get him into a unit will you personally oversee his account", George immediately said, "Yes I will personally take care of him." This exercise was blatantly rehearsed and insulted my being, I told them. I immediately brought the insult to their attention, and told them that I would take a unit if they offered it for free.

Noah turned bright red, excused himself with George. I thought we were surely out of there, but NO. They sent over a person named Michelle, who made a couple offered that I completely ignored. I informed her I was tired and ready to leave. She continued as if I had said nothing. I then stopped her in mid-sentence and said, "I am tired and you would not like me when I am tried", and I told her, "This is your last warning!" She then took us to the desk where we checked out.

We got my $40.00 back, we got our free meal and saw a show. But the 3-day 2-night stay at a Westgate property is really an invitation to purchase a certificate to listen to another sales pitch. It is not free a deposit and admin processing fee is required. It is pretty clear that additional charges will be applied upon paying the deposit (No thanks)! My advice when on vacation don't waste your time at one of these events. Just pay for your entertainment and meals.

My husband, 9-yr old daughter & I were in Las Vegas Thursday May 25, 2017 when we got roped into a so called 90-minute timeshare presentation. Reluctantly we agreed only because we were promised 3 Blue Man Group tickets AND 4 day/3 night getaway. Who wouldn't?? We were interested in a timeshare as we already owned through Marriott. What's 90 minutes? I'll tell you what it is, it's 6 hours of rudeness, mocking us & humiliation. We were picked up by shuttle to go to Westgate property. My radar was immediately up when we were asked how much money we made and for a major credit card at sign up. We paid $60 for 3 Blue Man tickets that were $119 each we were told. Great deal.

So we arrive to meet Edgar our guide through Westgate. They had bottled water & deli sandwiches, frozen taquitos, cookies, salad. Decent for free I guess. We all sat together to eat including Edgar. He then proceeded to ask us BEFORE any tour, information, sales pitch, etc... if we are going to buy into Westgate. No. No we are not. I mentioned we are timeshare owners and how we are interested but did not come prepared with such funds nor without discussing it AKA "sleep on it". He IMMEDIATELY slammed us for not having time BLAH BLAH BLAH. He then said we're NOT receiving free gifts as promised. I then proceeded to get irritated and said, "We were told if we sit through a 90-minute presentation that we will receive our gifts that we already paid $60 towards". He then says, "If you're not going to buy you're not getting anything" and he started to belittle us for wanting to get free gifts to sit through the seminar.

The bottom line is that he wasn't going to get any commission and he made it very clear to us and that's when his attitude changed and things went BAD. He noticed my big wedding ring and jewelry I was wearing. He insisted we could write a $18,000 check or not get our gifts. We agreed to sit through the 90-minute presentation with sole intent to possibly buy JUST NOT AT THIS TIME. Possibly before we left Vegas. No way, not good enough. He argued with us in front of my 9-yr old. He then calls over his "manager". A very nice young man, very reasonable. Again eyes on my ring. Eh it's ok. It's a beautiful ring. They see dollar signs $$$. The manager knew we were interested just NOT today. I explained Edgar's rudeness about our gifts and how he was denying them just because we said no, not today. Possibly before we leave Vegas but not right now without discussing our banking.

The nice manager said, "So what's the problem? Give them the tour and their gifts, no problem." Edgar was irritated and did the tour mocking us the entire time. I then got upset and voiced my concern at how rude he was and his ** salesmanship skills to people who own timeshares is not professional. We were potentially buyers after all JUST NOT TODAY. Again he says WE ARE NOT GETTING OUR GIFTS & are undeserving since we are not buying. I got pissed. Another manager Millie came over, nice woman. She gives us nice follow up deal. Very nice. $1174 down, $148 a month for 1 bedroom at Westgate. 1 week every other year. Off years we get "getaways". OK not great but not bad. She walks away and Edgar again says no gifts unless you buy. ** is what he was. The workers & managers could sense my irritation.

Then another main manager comes over. Darlene. Great Asian/Hawaiian lady. Funny as heck. She gives us same deal explaining how we can make money by renting out, etc... OK SOLD. She apparently caught wind of Edgar's rudeness and apologized and took him out of our situation completely. She then pitches her sale to us and my husband gives her $300 cash because she handed us a paper saying we got approved for $500 to put towards down payment. Ok great. WHAT SHE FAILED TO TELL US WAS IT WAS A CREDIT CARD. Not one mention of that until we got to closing lady for paperwork. I asked if property was at this location assuming of course it was. Oh no, it's near The Palms Hotel/Casino. What?? Second thoughts brewing in mind now. Eh let's do it.

We get to another area to sign and this woman tries to sell us a $99 "membership" to make money she tells us. Huh??? Immediately my husband looked pale. What the hell? He pulls me aside and says he has a bad feeling about this. "Let's back out." Ok fine no issue. His gut is usually on point. We decide to back out especially since a surgery for him is coming up with a hefty down payment, etc... It's just not the right time FOR US. We politely back out & ask for our $300 cash back. We just gave it physically 20 minutes prior. The manager, director & everyone else had to be called. Director walks in and I ask for our tickets. He freaking smirked & rolled his eyes and walked out. It took 3 people. We were then refused a shuttle back until I raised my voice. My 9 yr old still with us after 6 hrs.

We finally get our tickets to a cancelled show so we had to go to a 945 showing that night. It was HELL trying to get the tickets we paid $60 for after we sat through an entire 6 hrs. They are a HORRIFIC company and I would never ever buy with them. Reviews on this company are so bad. Edgar needs training on how to not talk down to potential buyers. My husband is ever so grateful we backed out. STAY FAR AWAY FROM WESTGATE LAS VEGAS, NV.

Well, we fell for a 3 night stay at The Westgate in Las Vegas. Our stay was loaded with disappointment after disappointment! The entire staff at the resort were insulting and not professional. When we arrived to check in for our stay, things went bad right away. We were put in a room that was not what we were promised. As a matter of fact we changed rooms 3 speedster times and still did not get the room we were promised. We addressed our concerns to the resort staff and were basically told, the last room was the best we were going to get! After getting our luggage to the room, we notice mold in the bathroom tube and around the sink area. There were extension cords wrapped in a bundle by the night stand, not to mention other cords running around the room.

The lighting in the bathroom, was nothing more than twisted bulbs of all shapes and sizes screwed into a light fixture on each side of a mirror. The area behind the sink area was missing tile and had black mold growing in the area where the tile should have been. The Flat Screen TV had multiple cords just hanging below the TV in spaghetti pattern. The bathroom was mismatch of white. Punter top, black commode and marble yellow, gold, brown tub/shower with mold in every corner. It was disgusting, to say the least! To think, this was one of their premier rooms! The carpet was dirty and old as well. Our first 2 rooms were on the 14th floor and eventually we were moved to the above room on the 5th floor.

Next came finding a place to eat. We went downstairs to see what types of restaurants were in the resort. We noticed many of the shops and restaurants were closed. SIDS was about the only restaurant that had food to our liking. We got seated and started looking through the menu. The prices were outrageous! A hamburger for $18.00!!! Lots more for much higher prices. Ice Tea for $8 a glass. We ordered and made the best of it. Retired to our room.

The next day we were to meet in the timeshare presentation area. We checked in and were asked to fill out some paperwork. I asked why, since I had already done such paperwork. The clerk behind the desk, said it's a mandatory process of the presentation. We both noticed not one other guest had to do as we did. Then we proceeded to wait for our presentation person to come get us. We were also promised a full breakfast before our presentation. We waited 45 minutes before a person showed up to greet us. She never did introduce herself and just told us to follow her. We questioned why we're being taken to another area and she never told us. So off to another area we go.

We arrived at another room where she threw the paperwork to the clerk behind the desk, stating, "They're all yours". I asked the clerk why we were brought to this area, he just handled me more paperwork to complete. I asked him why, since this would be the third time I have filled out this paperwork. He just looked at me and said just fill it out someone would be with us shortly. We noticed several other couples sitting around waiting as well. Finally another greeter came over and took us into another small room. He told us to help ourselves to some coffee, juice, fruit and cold cereal. We told him we weren't hungry and this is not what we were promised. He said fine and took to another room where we were to meet our presenter. We waited another 20 minutes before someone showed up.

At this point we had had enough of the runaround. We explained our total dissatisfaction with what has taken place this far. We stated we were not going to go through with the presentation. He went and got a supervisor to speak with us. But, first I had to complete a form as to why we were dissatisfied. I filled the form out and also commented on a drug deal we had overheard in SIDS Restaurant. 2 individual were discussing kilos of ** they were expecting to be delivered to them at the resort. They were more interested in this, than in our concerns. A manager finally came in to speak with us. He read our complaint form and told us since we were not going to sit through the presentation, the gifts we were promised won't be given to us. He said we were free to leave. He also stated since we were prepaid for stay, we did not have to attend any presentation. He got up and walked out.

We went directly to the timeshare presentation check in desk. We spoke with a lady at the desk, that said she will call corporate and see what she could do. In the meantime, a man who was visiting the resort from corporate came over to speak with us about our concerns. He read the form we filled out and basically said, there is nothing that can be done to get our promised gifts. He stated we had to go through a presentation to qualify for them.

At this point, we asked him why we were not allowed to attend the main breakfast presentation. He stated, it is because we were not married. That they had a separate presentation for people like us. I informed him that this was never mentioned when we signed up to come to the resort. He basically said, "That's the way it is and nothing more could be done." The lady who was on the form then informed us, that we would receive the gifts we were promised. I told her it wasn't about the gifts, it was about the treatment we have been received thus far. I informed her we appreciated what she had done for us. I told her corporate would be hearing from us, as this matter isn't over.

The bottom line: not a place I would even consider returning to, rooms are not up to standards, people are rude, food cost is ridiculous, the place is dirty, the guest appeared to be less than desirable, drug deals being made and quite frankly this resort is less than quality & lacks an atmosphere that would want a person to stay at the resort! Total Rip Off - Not at all what one would expect! STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK, BUYER BEWARE, IT'S A GREAT CON SCHEME, THERE A WAY BETTER PLACES IN LAS VEGAS TO STAY!

Not even a star!!! We agree to have a "property presentation". Never told it was a timeshare. After 2 hours of our arrival we were given a room that the key couldn't open. We waited for another hour until an employee driving by was kind enough to call for help. We finally got into the room and for our surprise it was a mini studio and we were 2 adults and 3 kids. The smell in the room was horrendous, the rug was filthy, and the A/C was not working properly. We called front desk and and we're told that we'll be transfer to another room the next day. We had plans to leave early to celebrate our daughter's birthday so we decided to deal with day on our return. To make to long story short, they didn't move us, the lady that gave us the presentation was pissed because we didn't buy anything. What they expect, after a horrible experience? Don't fall for this.

Omg where to start?!! Number one, I am so upset with this resort. My significant other and I got this great deal for a weekend getaway from Priceline and had never had an issue before. It was supposed to be a 4 star resort but unfortunately it was not, more like a one star. At entering this place we were bombarded with staff wanting to give us freebies in return for 90 minutes of our time which in reality was 4 hours long, listening to a timeshare presentation. So after some consideration we decided to go for it knowing we would not be purchasing. We told our sales agent that since the very beginning and he assured us that was no problem but he still had to go through the process so we could get our gifts.

So we did, what they showed us was beautiful of course but we were still not interested, so like 4 different supervisors, managers came but to try to convince us to purchase with each person offering a better deal but we were not interested in spending that high priced kind of money at the moment. Well then our salesperson got up to go get our gifts some lady comes to us and tells us very rudely that we were not getting anything for not purchasing!!! We could not believe it and to top it off we were going to be escorted out like criminals or something. Very dehumanizing!!!

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS SCAM. We had to leave a deposit of $40 to confirm our attendance at the presentation and did not get our money back either. We will never return to this low life resort and can't wait for it to go out of business because if they continue with these sales tactics and extremely bad customer service it will happen sooner or later. Terrible!!! I will also be complaining to Priceline so that they can stop promoting this terrible place and lose their own credibility.

I wish I could give ZERO stars! This is a copy of the letter we sent to the owner Mr. Siegel. That was responded by 2 more coupons for additional cost ($400) with limited selection and tons of black out dates. As educators we do not have the ability to travel when we feel like it. I spent an additional 90mins today after working 11 hour day, most of which I was on hold. Their only response was "You signed the contract." NO I never saw a paper contract, I was given verbal descriptions and a pad to initial. NO different than when you sign the HIPAA agreement at your Dr office or grocery store. Never in a million years did I ever think I would have been taken so advantage of and FLAT out LIED to with no support from management.

"The reason for this email is we purchased a vacation package at your Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa on December 28, 2016. After sitting through a presentation that was supposed to be one hour of our week vacation, lasted over 5 hours by our salesperson Bryan **, taking a full day of sunshine. Bryan never really listen to our needs or ability to travel, spite still trying to push 5 bedroom timeshare for 10 weeks of vacation travel knowing that we typically only travel 1x a year due to our work schedules. Bryan continued to push a high end timeshare, finally after four hours we cut him off and indicated that owning a timeshare sounded great but we were not in a position right now to purchase something of that value and we really wanted to take our children to the pool.

Bryan asked for a few more minutes of our time and told us that Westgate has a package that would allow us to experience all the timeshare has to offer and lock us in at current prices to buy into the timeshare after the three years were up. Bryan explained the package as 5 weeks of vacation for the total price of $1295.00 for a 2 bedroom suite. He said the only stipulation was that we must use 1 of those 5 weeks at Westgate Lakes we purchased at, the other 4 weeks could be used at other Westgate Resorts or anywhere in the world through Leisure Time Passport, so that we could get the full experience Westgate had to offer. In addition, he stated we had 3 years/36 months from the date of purchase to use these 5 weeks. We specifically asked him that this package gave us 5 weeks at the $1295 and no additional cost would be required, no maintenance fees or additional taxes.

Bryan said yes and if this interested us he would get his supervisor to go over the package in complete detail and finalize the purchase. He then went and got his supervisor Nephtaly ** and brought him over to the table we were at. Bryan told Nephtaly the details of our interest in a timeshare but not being the right time for us. Bryan went on to explained the vacation package we were interested in to Nephtaly who then took over the finalization of the sale. We once again asked Nephtaly that the price of $1295 gave us 5 weeks at no additional cost and once again he stated we would not be charged any additional money or fees over those 5 weeks over the course of 3 years.

We thought that this sounded so good we paid the extra ($200 extra I believe) to get the 2 bedroom/8 people instead of only a 1 bedroom. We even called my wife's mother while at the table with Nephtaly before finishing to ask if her mother and her father would be interested in traveling with us because it would be difficult for us to use the full 5 weeks in only 3 years. We did the math on the paper and said we were paying $259 a week (5 x $259 = $1295) and Nephtaly confirmed, that was correct and no additional charges or fees over the next 3 years.

Then when it came time to sign the contract all electronically, Nephtaly read each section off the tablet to us from the opposite side of the table and then had us sign on the tablet stating we understood each section that he verbally stated and we verbally agreed upon. Since it seemed he was reading off the tablet (the way he was seated, we could not see the screen) we had no reason to doubt that he was telling us the truth, why would we think that a reputable resort falsely / fraudulently sell something to anyone not to mention potential lifetime customers/owners. We even thought this was such a good deal with no restrictions / no blackout dates and no reason to doubt anything that we verbally agreed to. In good faith we paid for the 5 week vacation package in full, instead of paying only the $100 deposit.

After the transaction was complete we requested a paper copy and Nephtaly stated he could not print it off but gave it to us on a USB drive. Since we were on vacation, we had no way of accessing something on a USB drive. Once again, since we had several verbal conformation of the 5 week package from both Westgate employees; Mr ** and Mr **, we had no reason to doubt what was being sold to us from a reputable establishment. It was not until March 31, 2017 at 1:23PM, when I tried to make reservations for 2 vacations, that we were informed that our package only included 1 week at Westgate and the other 4 weeks can be purchased at a discount through Leisure Time. This is completely different than what Bryan and Nephtaly verbally explained/agreed upon and the multiple times they both answered me yes when I asked that the $1295 included 5 weeks at no additional cost.

When I was informed about this I asked to speak to a supervisor, this had to a mistake because 2 Westgate employees would not verbally sell and agree to a vacation package that is different from the one on the electronic copy, that would be fraudulent act. Hector was the supervisor at the time. Over the course of the 30 minute call, he tried to explain that we signed an electronic contract stating that this contract was for only 1 week. I explained that how we signed the contract with Nephtaly reading from a tablet on one side of the table and us signing a tablet from the other side. His response was that we were given the contract through a USB drive that we could have reviewed later. I explained we were on vacation and did not have access to a device that could read a USB drive.

I also asked Hector why I would need to access this after conformation from both the salesperson and supervisor directly multiple times that this package was for 5 weeks to be used over 3 years. I asked him why should I think that the salespeople from a reputable company like Westgate would be allowed to flat out lie and deceive people into buying packages that were not what they presented them to be? He had no response to that and said he would email us out 2 additional coupons for discounted stays, which would again require additional cost, this doesn't solve the issue.

Additionally, Hector brought to our attention that we only had 18 months to use the 4 weeks through Leisure Time and 27 months for the Westgate week, a much shorter time frame than the 36 months we had verbally agreed to. Based on our availability to vacation, this 18 month time period would have been enough for us to decide not to purchase the package. We typically only take 7 to 10 days of vacation a year, 4 weeks in 18 months would have been physically impossible for us. I called my wife immediately very upset and informed her of this causing her to become upset and had to come home from work to help solve the issue.

When she returned home, she called at 4:31pm and spoke with Regina for almost another 30 minutes, being put on hold waiting to speak with management. After being on the phone 30 minutes, when Regina asked Jose to speak to my wife, he informed Regina that he would not speak to her and told her to tell my wife to refer to the contract and that Hector told my husband all that he could do. Regina apologized for him not willing to speak to us. Regina was very nice. How does a supervisor refuse to speak to an upset customer/a potential lifetime customer about a vacation package that was purchased? Is that standard Westgate practice?

We called again on April 1, 2017 at 9:32am to cancel the reservation for December 23-30 2017. Confirmation Number: **. Additionally, this confirmation was sent to our friends who gave us the week time in December 2016, not to my wife. We again requested to speak to a supervisor. Trinity was the representative we spoke to before being transferred to her supervisor Tiffany. Tiffany listened to our issue and apologized for the salespeople deceiving us as well as Jose refusing to speak with us. Tiffany indicated that she did not have the power to correct this issue and that we would need to contact corporate directly through email and that they would have the ability to try to rectify this situation. She asked about the additional coupons Hector said he would send. My wife stated that we did not want additional weeks we had to pay for, that didn't solve the problem. We wanted what was verbally agreed to.

We verbally agreed to 5 weeks at the $1295 in a 2 bedroom. We were given 2 additional coupons for $399 a week in a 2 bedroom suite. If you factored this 2 bedroom rate for 3 weeks that would be a total of $1197, still $98 less than what we paid, which should provide enough validity your sales manager was falsely and fraudulently selling the package. Why would we pay in full, in good faith $1295 when we could have just used the coupons for a reduced cost to us with more flexibility time frame to use them.

I am beyond disappointed, not only that we were taken advantage of, wasted a day of our vacation, and then not having anyone willing to come up with a solution to the problem, and flat out refusal to speak with. This has now resulted in ruining our last weekend of spring break with our family being upset and on the phone trying to speak with someone to help solve the problem with no solution by the end of the weekend."

Worst experience I have ever gone through on vacation. My wife and I were obligated to attend their seminar for the discounts on our hotel. And next time I would rather pay $300 more on my hotel than deal with the humiliation and aggravation they cause this that day. We have heard about them before and we were not willing to buy anything from them. And they swarmed us with multiple people trying many different angles. And one angle was making us sound like broke unfit parents that were incapable of financially providing food for our kids because I told them we cannot afford their services at this time. And one of their obnoxious salespeople were trying to tell me they were going to gather food in the kitchen for me to take home to my children since they probably haven't eaten in weeks is what he told us.

They were calling and scamming people in that room using humiliation tactics and made us very uncomfortable and refused to give us our keys back so we could leave until they were finished attempting to scam us. On the paperwork they ask you to fill out when you first get there, one of the questions is how much money did you claim on your taxes and I was dumb enough to put the truth and because of that they were extremely persistent. I told the first salesman that we were absolutely not interested in buying their timeshares. And that we just wanted to pick up our Legoland tickets and get our keys and leave and that turned into such a nightmare. Throughout the three hours we were stuck there (I felt illegally imprisoned by their rejection to give us our keys) they had many people that work there come to our table and make us sound stupid for not buying their product.

They also tried telling me I was depriving my family from the vacation they deserved if I was not willing to commit to them. But the worst was them acting like we were charity case and that we were starving our kids because if we could not afford them then we must not be financially capable of providing for our kids. And I have never felt as insulted at that moment than ever in my life. And truthfully I wish I would have punched that guy in the face and have regretted not doing it since. I am surprised the police have not taken this company down yet which shows me more lack of faith in our justice system because people are getting scammed out of thousands all in one huge room of their Resort. It was incredible the things I heard the salesman say to people and their and the government should shut them down.

And I am hoping please send undercover agents to experience this for themselves because I guarantee after they experience what they do there they will not tolerate it themselves. Most of the people that work there are convicted felons with government benefits to offer discounts on company taxes and the sales guy we were talking to leveled with me and told me that he did seven years in prison for transporting heroin into the country. The owner acts like this piece of ** pimp. And if you ain't offering him money he wants you out of his face. I'm sure if you read the post below you will find very similar stories to mine because I experienced exactly what I seen in complaints before I arrived. They are getting multiple people to pay for the same properties for the same times for the same maintenance fees.

And that's why the sales con artist that work there are making so much money because the money is all profit and goes to absolutely nothing. They put up this big Grande Resort to give the impression that they are an amazing establishment. But just because the buildings are beautiful does not mean the ownership is considerate for the consumer. Be my guest. Experience the luxury. Big ** you. You will receive from them. I would be more than interested in a class action suit against these nasty heartless inconsiderate con artist who scam people $3,000 minimum at a time.

I would never take the chance of any timeshare due to this experience. And although they are pulling the scams on thousands of people everyday I am happy to know that there is a very long trail of people just like me who are not going to keep their mouth shut. And to the man that insulted my family I hope when the government is smart enough to catch on to your scheme I hope you take a large sentence right next to your pimp owner.

On a positive note the women in the department that try to scam you all wear slutty little dresses and they flirt with everyone. So if you are a bachelor I would assume based of what they do for a living, that they would not mind stepping on their conscience a little more and offer you full physical treatment in order to sign their contract. Period. LOL. Honestly people ** that place. Although I was smart enough not to purchase from them I still got a chance to experience the impact they have on people. So seriously do not invest money that could be used on your family and loved ones on these people. It is only going to screw you over. Even if you purchase what they are offering they still charge you for the hotels when you go to stay in them. I promise you will get a better deal online. Scammer beware of professional scam artist.

Do not waste your time with this resort. We went back to Westgate Orlando a couple of weeks ago (April 13-19) with the intentions on maybe purchasing a unit until we had an issue. The room we were in had bugs which go into our food that we had purchase. We called and they said someone would be there in 15 minutes. 5 hours later we had to call again and they eventually moved us into another unit in which the stove didn't work. So we literally wasted a day and so we asked our rep if we could at least stay another day to get our day back and she said not problem. The next morning we met with her and asked again about getting a day and she pestering us 'bout buying. Long story short they told us if we wanted our day back we would have to pay. Never again and I do not recommend. They don't deserve any stars.

My husband and our friend spent a few days in Vegas this past week. We didn't plan on seeing any shows ahead of time, but my husband decided to stop off and ask about seeing a show at a "Welcome Center". The next thing I know is we are signed up for a 90 minute presentation just so that we can get 3 tickets to the Vegas Show that night at 9 pm. (Turns out there was not even a 9pm show!) My husband was asked to leave a $40 deposit which he reluctantly did. We ate lunch and came back for our 2:15 arrival time. We were shuttled over to the Westgate Resort. It is massive but not really all that impressive. We were herded in... just like several other couples were. After giving the girl at the reception desk our ID's and some personal information... we were introduced to George... the guy who was going to do his best to sell to us whether we wanted to buy or NOT.

My husband told him immediately that he was only interested in the show tickets and not in purchasing a timeshare. George proceeded with this presentation regardless. Our friend, pulled out his cell phone to check something and was told to put it up. I thought that was rude and weird. When our friend got up to use the restroom, my husband got up too and then George followed them to the bathroom!!! I attempted to get up later on to get a drink from the soda fountain that was close by and was told I could not get up. George had someone bring me a soda. I was getting this feeling that we were being held hostage by George until he was through with his full sales presentation. The music that was playing was so loud you could barely hear the presentation. George would ask questions periodically to make sure we were listening. It was grueling.

George knew that my husband was not going to budge and that his best bet of a sale that day would be through me. Our friend told him that no one makes a purchase like the one he was proposing without sleeping on it or talking to their banker. My husband emphatically told George "no". Basically his timeshare was not something we were interested in at any price. And George just kept on and on and on... He was just going to pressure us into it. We just wanted our $40 back and show tickets. He finally called over the guy who was going to make the deal with us. BAIT AND SWITCH move. His offer was ridiculously lower

than George's offer. George started out HIGH.... over $3,000 deposit and $1200 monthly payment. Now comes the new guy with an offer we were not supposed to be able to refuse. A deposit of only $300 and low monthly payment of $158, I believe.

My husband was getting red faced and angrier by the minute. He told this guy "NO" he was not interested. He wanted his show tickets and money back. We were all miserable. They finally took "NO" for an answer and we were escorted out to the desk for our refund and ticket vouchers. That's when we found out that there was not a 9 pm show like we were told. We had to wait for shuttle. The shuttle driver was rude. By this time we had spent our entire afternoon on this and we didn't care about the damn show anymore.

Do not make our mistake and fall for this scam!!! If you go to Vegas and want to see a show... just pay for the show and don't try to get your tickets for free... If you do... you will regret it as we do. Thank goodness we held our ground and did NOT buy into this Westgate Resort Scam as unfortunately others have. But it cost us several hours that we will never get back!

I read some reviews before going to the Westgate timeshare presentation in Gatlinburg. We were offered $120, so it seemed worth it. I'm not one to be forceful, so the 90 mins turned into almost 3 hours. That right there should get them in some legal trouble, hopefully one day. We sat through breakfast with our sales person who made us fill out a form asking how much we vacationed. I already got the heads up from a review to put down that you vacation a ton. That way they can't use that against you in pressuring you to vacation more. We sat through a presentation, and heard about some Vacation Club. You pay $6k, and get the "privilege" of paying $500 per week for timeshare units that you want to use. They think that's a deal?! They put up some Hotels.com quotes for dates to try and show that it is a deal, but we all know how to get deals instead of paying full price.

The lady gives some sappy story about her mom dying and how she wished they would have vacationed more, blah, blah, blah. They then release you to take a tour of the facilities. My wife was almost sold on this thing! I had to remind her that after you pay $6k, you still have to pay $500 per week. And I reminded her we were staying at a similar property for about that same price already, without putting down $6k. Their tactics do work. DO NOT go if you have a problem saying NO multiple times. We then sit down with our sales person. She asks our opinion. We say we love the place, but we aren't buying. We lie and say we just bought a house, so we can't take on any new liabilities. I also bring up that on RedWeek I got our week for $249, so half what they are selling, and I didn't have to put $6K down. She buys it and gets her manager.

He offers like 4 other options, 0 down financing, $3k buy in and we say no. He gets a little agitated. We stay super nice and calm. Just keep saying NO. He then offers a 3 night stay for $100. Timeshare presentation required. I said no again. He said I was not being rational. I told him I don't book a year in advance, so even if it was $1, I would decline. He signed our paper, and sent us on my way. He was visibly irritated. I didn't care. We got our money and got out of there, but sitting for 3 hours and having to say NO so many times is taxing. Just be prepared. I thought I was prepared, but still found it very irritating and would never do it again.

Below are tips for getting through it if you think the $100 is worth it: When filling out survey, make sure you say you vacation at least 4 weeks a year, otherwise they will try and guilt you into taking more. Act like you are paying attention in the presentation. Enjoy the tour, just realize you are looking at a model, not an actual room. When asked if you liked it, say yes. Of course it's nice. When asked if you are going to buy, say NO. Give a good reason that they can't battle. "I just bought a house." "I don't make purchasing decisions in a day, so I'm not signing anything or giving over any money, CC, future obligations." Tell them they can give you a copy of the contract, but you aren't signing or paying anything today. AND MAKE SURE YOU DON'T. You will need to say this at least 4 times. Don't get irritated. Stay focused. Once they see you aren't budging, they will move on.

They will get visibly irritated. That's fine. You don't have to. You aren't buying anything they are selling. If you have to, say you go to RedWeek or another website and get it for cheaper. Or better yet, pull up a resale on eBay for their property. Look at the time, note that you gave them more than 90 mins, you aren't buying, where's your prize? Good luck!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Westgate Resorts is a timeshare company that was founded by David Siegel in 1982. The company offers customers more than 13,500 timeshare villas and access to properties at 28 resorts.

• Numerous outposts: Westgate Resorts' properties are located conveniently throughout the U.S., so they are easy to reach for customers no matter where they live. They also offer a diverse range of landscapes and amenities.
  • Resorts with amenities: The company offers timeshare owners a huge selection of amenities at their resorts, including soda shops, pool bars, spas, putting greens and more, so traveling to their timeshare property feels like a real vacation.
  • Charitable company: Westgate is also a community-focused company, and the company donates more than 2 million dollars each year through the Westgate Resorts Foundation.
  • Convenient online account management: Owners of Westgate properties can access their account online, and they have convenient options to pay fees, change membership options, and more.
  • VIP owner events: The company regularly throws VIP events for owners, including parties, shows, and more.
  • Best for Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, young professionals with disposable income and large families.

Compare Timeshares