1.0/5 (75 ratings)

About Westgate Resorts

Westgate Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?

Original review: May 6, 2022

Westgate Resorts and their timeshare is nothing short of a scam! They are masters at deceiving people and outright con artists. DO NOT get involved in any sort of way with Westgate. My wife (who was pregnant at the time), and I were duped into getting a timeshare with these crooks. We were lied to and taken advantage of. They failed to disclose the actual cost of what we were purchasing. The interest rate is ridiculous! There’s no real value in even having a timeshare with them because of lack of availability and the fact that you can’t stay where you want to! It’s cheaper AND easier to just rent online.

They conveniently didn’t tell me that maintenance fees increase every year. Without my permission or knowledge their salespeople did a hard audit on my credit to try to get me approved for a credit card! They trap you in hours and hours of ** and once you’re exhausted, they get you to sign paperwork without properly reading everything. These savages are getting away with scamming people and because you signed a contract, they are able to get away with it. Their contracts are designed to cover their backside because they contradict what the salespeople verbally tell you. I hope my review serves as a warning. Beware of Westgate!!!

Original review: May 5, 2022

Total scam… free tickets to shows, museums and other entertainment venues are not worth the waste of time or headache! My husband and I were recently in Vegas for my birthday and we were approached on the strip by someone advertising free shows, etc. So we signed up for the Westgate Tour in order to receive our free tickets to the wax museum and gondola ride since we didn’t have anything really planned for that day. We knew we were walking into a timeshare presentation, but little did we know how bad it would really be! So we listened to Johnny talk about Westgate and how great the program is as well as took a tour of the property.

When we got back from the tour, Johnny tried to close the deal by showing us 3 different units (1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms and 4 bedrooms) ranging from $100K - $250K with down payments of $20K - $40K. We told him we’d have to think about it as we just started our family and were not interesting in spending that kind of money on a “vacation home”. He tried to tell us we’d be able to make money off it by leasing it and by referring friends to the program. We continued to tell him we were interested. He got pushy and my husband asked him when was the last time he fished out $20-$40K at one time. He told my husband a couple years back when he bought his timeshare to go to Hawaii…

The funny thing about that is on the tour, he told us he’d only been on a plane once and that was to Miami! Something’s not adding up! Lmao. Then he went and got his manager… which that guy was a joke. He told us he could offer us a 4 bedroom for $130K vs $250K and we told him no… still wasn’t in our budget. He then offered us a 4 bedroom for $10K. When we said no to that… he looked at our salesman Johnny and told him he didn’t do a good job convincing us we needed this and no matter what number he offered, we’d never say yes. He got up and told Johnny to close the deal. I felt a little bad for Johnny for all of 5 seconds until when we told him no for the final time, he stormed off like a 5 year old. Moral of the story… stay far far away!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Westgate should be listed as a criminal organization. Nothing they say in their presentation is true. I'm amazed that what they do is legal, realtors are supposed to be regulated by the real estate commission. Unethical behavior and misrepresentation is grounds for real estate License revocation, yet nothing is done to stop them from lying to consumers. Do not waste your money on a timeshare.

Original review: April 20, 2022

90 minute tour, turned into the worst day of my life. My scandalous guide- Ken ** spoke to me from 9am until 6 pm and would not take no for an answer. Told me and my child all types of lies and ways to flip this property to an investment. Told me how I could make 5-6,000 a month. Didn’t care that I just brought a house for my child and I. Didn’t care I was a single income household. Didn’t care that was about to put my retirement papers in and try to enjoy life. No- he saw all that - as a way to get me to empty my bank account and give my last little bit of money away.

He spoke of making this investment work for my retirement. How I could help pay for my child’s college with this investment. Now I’m the one struggling to make my own mortgage payment and my child has to wait for me to build my account up to pay for college courses. I am so mad with myself for falling for this scamming. All they do is lie and hurt people. They should all be jailed for ruining people's lives. This has to be illegal.

Original review: April 19, 2022

On April 17, 2022 me and my fiancé and my sister-in-law were invited to a timeshare meeting at Westgate and were finishing up with the paperwork and my sister-in-law ask could she talk to me and when she started to talk I looked at the reviews and when I looked at the reviews you guys save me of a lifetime of spending my money on something worthless. So everyone in this site they can’t get out of a timeshare. I found something out for you. Contact Wesley Financial Group LLC to get rid of your timeshare. Thank you so much and I appreciate you and Petar wasn’t a nice person to talk to. He was very pushy. When we told him the first time that we didn’t want to but he came up with a deal of a lifetime but even still I’m glad that we looked at the reviews. Thank you. ET. FYI this was out of Las Vegas Nevada. Thank you.

Original review: April 19, 2022

If time travel was real, I would jump into my time machine and use it to go back to the day I was tricked into purchasing a timeshare with Westgate. They are not people with morals, those salespeople they have there are despicable, they will say ANYTHING to get you to purchase a timeshare. They will lie, deceive, and most of all pretend they care about you, but they don’t, what they truly care about is money going into their pockets. We have had the most disappointing experience with Westgate Resorts.

If anyone is reading this just, please keep in mind, if you ever visit a Westgate property please run as fast as you can if any type of sales representative approaches you. Don’t fall for their sales ploys and tactics they use to trick you! They will offer you gifts, tickets, etc. but those gifts and tickets aren’t even worth it because you will get trapped and suckered into purchasing a timeshare! They will not stop until you have signed that contract, they are very pushy, use pressure, and just LIE. Since signing that nightmare contract with Westgate our finances have been affected negatively which was not disclosed by the Westgate staff. I mean, why would they? If they were honest, there would be no such thing as timeshares. We were completely blindsided by their deceptive sales practices.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I was pressured and promised a lot of lies, into making a buy of a timeshare… I was told I would be able to withdraw my contract if I changed my mind. Three weeks later I received medical expenses, which exceeded my income budget. I contacted Westgate and was told, "Too bad. It’s too late for you to get out of the contract." Now I am robbing Peter to Pay Paul/Westgate; worse mistake I have ever made. I have tried contacting Attorneys to get help selling the deal… They are not helping as the Westgate Contract is so complicated… Attorney suggested I give the contract away to anyone willing to take, even a Charity…. I advise anyone, stay away from Timeshare, especially Westgate Resorts....Don’t purchase their timeshare. There are all kinds of hidden cost. The places I have visited are lower class, rundown units. Beware. They are not a deal by no means ….

Original review: April 7, 2022

I can’t believe Westgate gets away with the things they do…or that I fell into their trap. The reps talked a good game about the “fact” that we could travel twice a year, which couldn’t be further from the truth. I was lied to about being able to get out of the contract if I wanted to, so now I’m stuck with a useless timeshare that isn’t what I thought it would be, nor is anything close to what I was sold on. Then there were the hidden fees. If on the off chance you can get a reservation, be prepared to pay even more to use what you’re already shelling money out for! I was even told that I could use my timeshare to make some money. That comes with a $99 hidden fee with no guarantees of the points being rented out! Seems like Westgate only takes and never gives anything in return. So far, I’ve tossed away $10,000+ for nothing.

Original review: April 6, 2022

These people make promises of gifts for a 90 minute presentation. They lie to get you in and will keep you up to 4 hours sending a number of people to pressure you. Then Salvadore demanded to see my is again and try to delay me when I said no. Scammers and liars. Stay clear.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Many promises, said I have 1,500 to spend with travel, said all Westgate you pay 150.00 for 7 days. It's not true. Also 150.00 to friends and family, said to 399 to different resorts, company SCAM. Gave me headache and stressful.

Westgate Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Westgate Resorts is a timeshare company that was founded by David Siegel in 1982. The company offers customers more than 13,500 timeshare villas and access to properties at 28 resorts.

• Numerous outposts: Westgate Resorts' properties are located conveniently throughout the U.S., so they are easy to reach for customers no matter where they live. They also offer a diverse range of landscapes and amenities.

• Resorts with amenities: The company offers timeshare owners a huge selection of amenities at their resorts, including soda shops, pool bars, spas, putting greens and more, so traveling to their timeshare property feels like a real vacation.

• Charitable company: Westgate is also a community-focused company, and the company donates more than 2 million dollars each year through the Westgate Resorts Foundation.

• Convenient online account management: Owners of Westgate properties can access their account online, and they have convenient options to pay fees, change membership options, and more.

• VIP owner events: The company regularly throws VIP events for owners, including parties, shows, and more.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Westgate Resorts Company Information