1.10/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

619 Westgate Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I went to Orlando this summer from 7/29-8/05, I needed up purchasing a timeshare. After a tour and information session I decided I didn't want one and explained that I couldn't afford the monthly payments. The seller was upset about it and went to talk to his manager and they worked something out so I was able to purchase one. When going to the notary she gave us her phone number in case we needed to contact her. Two days later when I called her saying that I wanted to cancel Mrs. ** said that she was off of work and she was also taking the weekend off. I insisted on calling her back so I can return everything that they had given me, she even made up a fake manager Sandy who also wanted to persuade me into staying with them.

After reading my contract I found out I had 10 days from the purchase date to cancel my timeshare without obligations or penalties. I called the company and sent emails very frustrated saying that I had 10 days. Upon calling and calling because Mrs. ** would no longer answer I send back everything and another worker very kindly gave me the actual manager's number and she was then able to cancel my timeshare and give me back my payment in full.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

The recruiter from the timeshare manipulates me out of my money. I did not want to buy but they kept on manipulating, they even used sex, women, with big cleavage **. Whoever been abused by a recruiter from Westgate Resorts, should sign a lawyer petition and sue Westgate Resort in Orlando, FL. EVERYBODY SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO A FULL REFUND! We have not used the package and it not expired, Westgate Resorts will not give a refund. Everything is writings in very small fine print. They gave me a small computer chip with all the information. This is not customer satisfaction...WE WILL LIKE TO HAVE OUR FULL REFUND TO MR. DAVID SIEGEL. Your recruiters that represent your company ruined my family vacation.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I went to Westgate Lakes Resorts Orlando, FL 10/27-10/31. I enjoyed going to Disney and Universal and the rooms at Westgate Lake resort mediocre (average) at best. As a part of my stay I had to listen to a timeshare presentation. The presentation was good until I advised the seller that I was not interested in buying because Westgate didn’t meet my needs. I like all- inclusive resorts so I can really feel like I’m on vacation, no cooking, no cleaning etc. Once I advised them of what I was looking for they brought over a second guy Louisy. This guy was clueless and a very lousy salesman. He attempted to BULLY and INTIMIDATE to get me to buy by saying, besides not having enough money and it not being affordable what else would keep you from buying. Then he attempted to trip me up on words. BAD, BAD, BAD, CUSTOMER SERVICE. What a turnoff as a customer you’re trying to convince to buy.

He tried to tell me that I could be all-inclusive with Westgate. Then I asked about the fee. He took me over their travel department to prove his point, but it worked against him. I found out in addition to paying the $199.00 for trading destinations there is an additional resort fee from $49.00-$300.00 per person per day to add all-inclusive depending on the resort. Buyers Beware: Westgate current interest rate to buy 17% over a ten-year period, Yearly or Bi-yearly maintenance fees, taxes, trading dates and destinations not always available. Buyers Beware, beware. Do your homework before you go. Things are not what they appear to be. Ensure you are getting a deal and don’t let the salesman. intimidate you into buying something you don’t want. These guys are Westgate don’t care. They are just trying to make a sale. Protect yourself.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

We stayed at Westgate Resort Orlando for one night. It looks nice on the outside, but don't be fooled. The locks didn't work, there was no hot water, there was black mold on the bed, and no one would answer the phone. They took $20 from us as a "deposit" for breakfast, which was nothing by a timeshare pitch. When we asked for our money back because we were leaving, they said no. When we complained about the above issues, they said, there was nothing they could do for us. They Don't Care. There was no way to submit a complaint and they don't have an email address. So, we are just reviewing them on as many sites as possible in the hopes of saving other people.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

In March of 2018 I booked Westgate Lakes in Orlando on Expedia for our upcoming vacation. Nowhere on Expedia's site does it tell you that Westgate is a timeshare. It is simply lumped in with all of the other hotel rooms that pop up when you search the area. When we got there to check in we were informed that we had to do the 90 minute presentation but we would receive free breakfast and a $100 Visa card so we scheduled our tour for the next day. We had zero interest in purchasing a timeshare and told the salesman that from the get go. He was very nice, polite and very low pressure. Even the 'manager' that comes by on the second round of their pitch was low key and pleasant and he didn't put the pressure on either. He told us to have a good day and he would be sending someone over to get us checked out and get us our Visa card. Great! We thought we were done!

Here's where they got us; the last salesman to come over was a young guy, again very nice, low key and he asked if we were enjoying our stay and we said, "Yes, we loved the property so far." Then he asked if we would want to come back. We said, "Absolutely but we aren't buying a timeshare." He said he understood but would we be interested a 'vacation package'? He explained that this would be five weeks that we could use over the next three years at any Westgate resort in the US and that we could even use it Internationally for a small fee. He told us we could make monthly payments but that we could use the package while payments were being made.

Both my husband and I thought it sounded too good to be true so we grilled him with questions: "How could this be possible? You're sure we can use this anytime?" And on and on for a good twenty minutes. He had an answer for everything and we fell for it. He brought back our 'paperwork' on a nifty thumb drive in a slick packet from the resort with brochures and a discount booklet and sent us on our way. We were thrilled with the great deal we just got!

When we got home I got a welcome letter from Westgate and the monthly payments started being deducted from our checking account. In September we decided to use one of our weeks to come back to Florida. We had been told that we couldn't use the package at the same resort twice so we chose the Westgate Villas this time. I called to make reservations and was informed that I had to pay off the balance of the package before we could use it. That was quite a surprise since that was one of the first questions we asked and were told that we could use it while we were making payments. But we really needed to get away so we paid off the package and booked a two bedroom suite for seven days.

Things were going great! The condo was beautiful, right across from the pool, the food at Drafts and the pizza were great! We were having a great time until I get a text from Ivan ** telling me as per our contract we needed to meet so he could go over any questions we might have and transfer the funds to cover our stay. I had no idea what he meant by that but we set up a time to meet and I figured I'd ask him then. We met Ivan and he took us upstairs, showed us where the breakfast buffet was and offered to seat us outside on the 'Owners' Patio' but we declined because it was a little warm outside. We sat down and he talked about our week being paid for by transferring the money we had paid in again so I asked if he didn't mean the five weeks because that's the package we had purchased and that's when the song and dance started:

First he got pushy and rude when he tried to give us the sales pitch again and I reminded him that in his original text he promised a quick 10-15 minute meeting and no sales pitch. He asked why we didn't want to buy repeatedly and then why were we at Westgate Lakes in the first place if we didn't want a timeshare. I told him we were there because Expedia doesn't list it as a timeshare and we were quite surprised when we checked in to find out differently.

Then the up and down and back and forth to the office started: He hadn't seen a contract like that in a long time. He would have to go pull our file. Blah blah blah... He finds our file and shows us where we only signed up for 7 days and 7 nights for the total contract price. It's all digital and apparently all on that thumb drive at home. Then a 'manager' comes over and tells us the 'dirtbag', his words, that sold us this package has been fired for selling this product that doesn't exist BUT the 'idiot', again his words, also locked us in for a ridiculously low price on a condo back in March and they would have to honor it if we wanted to buy today. We were furious!

But Westgate had that covered too; not only had they tried to seat us outside in the first place, as the meeting progressed I noticed two large plainclothes security guys loitering near our table (my husband is a big tough looking guy) AND when we sat down Ivan had us go over the layout of the condo and asked if there was any damage or maintenance issue that needed to be addressed knowing that we would be so mad we would want to go back and throw things when we found out that we had been had!

They had all of the bases covered from day one. And when I asked if there would be any compensation for what this guy had done they said no they weren't authorized to do that. Any reputable company upon finding out that people were being lied to and taken would try to make it right! My theory is that they sign up people for the payment plan on the package never expecting them to pay it off and use it but in this case we did and they got caught in their lies. We are angry, embarrassed and just shocked that we were treats this way by Westgate. But the old saying always rings true: If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I hope our story will keep people from falling for their slick sales pitch in the future! God Bless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

My boyfriend and I were spending our anniversary weekend in Las Vegas. As we were walking around a young man pulled us in on the pretense of getting a free gift because we ate at Wahlburgers. So we walk in and the guy at the counter is asking me what gift I wanted (free dinner, show tickets, gambling money, etc) and all we had to do was take a tour of Westgate's new resort in LV. I said I didn't gamble much and we had just seen a show the night before so I wasn't really interested. He said then the best option for me was the free dinner and $100 in gambling money (side note... he said all I had to do with the gambling money was put the card in, then immediately cash out and I'd get $100 in cash, more on that...) so I agreed. He wanted $40 from us but my boyfriend told him no, so he dropped it down to $20. I paid the $20 and we were booked for the next day.

The following day we were a little late getting to the "welcome center" because parking in Vegas is crazy. They said they would hold the shuttle for me. Which they did. My boyfriend ended up meeting me at the resort because he couldn't find free parking. Anyway, we get to the resort and they check you in. Then you wait... and wait... of course the 90 minutes doesn't start until you sit at the table with the salesman. Finally they call you in and you sit down. They ask you to put your phone away because the cameras are watching and you have to pay attention if not the salesperson gets "fined", and the 90 minutes can't start until you eat and put your phone away. You eat this weird mix of food and then they start. Pretending they sympathize with you and they know you are gonna say no but just pretend because the cameras are watching.

Finally they take you up the "condos" and they are literally glorified hotel rooms. No joke. I've worked for different hotels for many years and what they claim is a 4bd is actually 4 hotel rooms... Wait... What? They claim each one has a kitchen but none have a stove? It's just weird. Then they tell you that property taxes are only $9/year... Again what? Finally back down to the table and they start going off on the realities of travel, the advantages of "owning" which to me you don't ever own anything, you just pretend to own yet are still technically renting. Owning the right to rent in my opinion.

Anyway, we told them no and the manager comes. All of a sudden it went down from $120; TO $7K... Again WHAT? Then he started throwing more numbers out there and I had just about had it because this 90 minutes turned into an all damn day thing. Nothing of what he was saying was making sense and I had tuned out already. When we turned down his third offer he just took the papers and walked away. Then the salesperson (who still claimed to be our "friend") brings the customer service guy who is claiming to just be processing our gifts. He then also tries to sell us a week vacation for who knows how much because he kept writing numbers down and circling them and scratching them out. (again I had tuned out long ago).

Once we said no to that, the salesperson just grabbed her stuff and left. Didn't even say goodbye, or thank you or nothing like that. I told the customer service guy that I just wanted what I was promised and to leave. He walked me around these crazy hallways to the "gifting desk". There some not so nice girl confirmed that I Was getting my $20 back and then she said I was getting LUNCH (not dinner like I was promised) and that it ended at 4pm (it was 3:30) and the $100 slot play. She gave me all of that and I left.

When I went to go get the actual card that had the $100 on it I read the receipt and it said that I cannot CASH OUT like the guy that lured me into this told me. That it all had to be played or abandoned. WAIT. WHAT? I was told I Could just cash out and keep the $100. I felt so cheated and lied to and time wasted, day wasted. I didn't even want it because I don't gamble. Sure enough I put the stupid card into machine and it says I cannot cash out promotional money. Waste... Then we tried to make reservations for lunch for the next day and fully booked. So couldn't even use that because we were leaving the next day. Overall the worst experience of my life, waste of time, waste of effort, money and an overall SCAM!!! STAY AWAY!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I called regarding a Disney World package I had found online. I got an absolute AMAZING deal! After moving on to the next group to handle my credit card information we went through my package to confirm what I would be getting. I corrected several comments and redirected to the original agreement in order to be able to truly keep the verbally agreed package. Then began the itinerary...on day 2 we were to go to a timeshare meeting, which had yet to be divulged until this moment. They had already taken funds from my account. I stopped them and was firm in stating I NEEDED this to be canceled now. I was on hold for some time. I specifically asked for a cancellation number and was put back on hold. I was so disgusted with their lack of honesty and misleading direction to get you signed up. I would have appreciated direct honesty. Because they denied me the simple truth until after taking my money I would NOT recommend Westgate Resorts.

Resolution response: Oct. 17, 2018

Upon request, Westgate Resort agreed to send me a Warranty Deed In Lieu Of Foreclosure (WDIL) to release me from all financial and contractual obligations. I got it notarized and sent it back and all of the calls, letters, emails, and threats ceased. It was the magic pill. You do have to request it and they will send it to you reluctantly, but they will send it. I was 6 months into my contract when this took place.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I purchased a timeshare at Westgate after staying at the one my parents owned. My intention was to learn how to use it to help them take full advantage of the potential to earn extra money as well has have vacation spots around the world to stay in. I quickly realized that it was designed to be more of an expense than a money maker. It was also something they could only use in even years but pay taxes on every year. I quickly realized it was a scam and 6 months later I stopped paying on it and allowed it to go into foreclosure. They will call and harass you, send letters, threaten you, but it doesn’t go on your credit and that’s what matters most.

When it goes into foreclosure, Westgate Resorts is willing to provide you with the option of signing a Warranty Deed In Lieu Of Foreclosure (WDIL) to release you from all financial and contractual obligations. Follow the instructions, get it notarized, and send back without the requested fee. You do not need to spend any more money than you already have. They will tell you that a $900 plus processing fee is needed, but send a written letter back stating that you will not pay the fee because you do not have the money for the fee, or that you’re simply not going to pay it and to continue with the process. Shortly all of the calls will stop, you will be out of the contract, and your credit is never at risk. It’s a scam to begin with. If it was going to affect your credit, then all of the payments you made would build up your credit, but it doesn’t even show up. I hope this helps. If you need personal assistance, please email me at **.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Do not buy timeshare from Westgate! It's all good when they reel you in but boy, their attitude sure changes when they know you caught on to them! Every time we talked to a different person, we got a different answer. We purchased timeshare and when we returned to our hotel we started thinking and going over the info that was given to us by our salesperson, his manager (closing guy) and the title lady. Some stuff didn't jive so we went the following morning to ask. The other title lady said stuff to us that we never even heard of. And when we were on a conference call with the original title person Marcia she acted like "yes, I did say that to you" and like we don't remember her saying that. Yeah, right.

So when we returned home we contacted the sales guy Terrance and he never returned our call-when he was our very best friend when we were purchasing. He said he can call us anytime and gave us his cell number. Guess you couldn't call him if you wanted to cancel. We were lucky enough to have the closing title lady's cell number so we called her to ask what we need to do to cancel and that's when there was a big time attitude change. She said she was out of the office but would email us on the next business day with instruction on cancelling. At the same time she kept texting us to try to conserve the business. "Was it the down, payment? I thought you said Terrence was so nice blah, blah, blah".

Well, she never emailed us on what we needed to do to cancel but we returned everything they gave us the next day-booklet, binder, tablet and signed the cancellation form. Thank goodness we came to our senses in time. I would NEVER buy from them! They're like all the other timeshare con artist. BS comes out from one mouth to the other and then when you question them they act like you're the stupid one when you're actually the smart one to catch on to their BS!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

This company allows the selling of Timeshare in Las Vegas to people under the influence taking fully advantage of people not in the right frame of mind or without the right understanding of how timeshare works. Even when reported the circumstance our closing officer said that they would get in trouble if they knew we were not of sound mind and under the influence. Still nothing was done to help us! When you do call back they never give you the option to OPT out and with a window of only 5 days to do so. If that window closed every rep we talked to had a bad attitude and never encourage any kind of solution other than you're stuck with it.

The Rep stemming all the way from Supervisor who works in department of new owners in Florida should be held accountable for their bad attitude of handling this matter. Please be warned this is a SCAM!! When they say Westgate Resorts will buy back timeshare READ fine print that is "False." You have to find someone to buy it from you. My advice DO NOT get taken like we did!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We got approached by a salesperson who told us if we pay a refundable $20/person and listen to the 90 minute seminar, we'd get free breakfast, transportation, and a $100 gift card. We signed up, then I started getting weird feelings about the whole thing. I looked up their seminar info on their own website and it clashed with what the sales guy told us. We went back to tell him we wanted to cancel, and he wouldn't let us. He made all kinds of excuses about the disparity in information (said that it was too expensive to change the info, even though it's free to change info on a website) and said that we qualify in age because it's the off season.

We gave up, but then both kept feeling uncomfortable, so we went back again and there was someone different there. She told us the guy lied about us qualifying at our age and that he also shouldn't have told us to BS our salary information in the paperwork. We talked to a manager on the phone who told us the sales guy took our money with him and we'd have to go to the seminar in order to get it back. The only reason we eventually got our money back was because the new saleswoman at the kiosk gave us the refund out of her own purse. That woman was great, but listen to all the bad reviews on here! Don't fall for the scam!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I went on a tour while on vacation in Myrtle Beach SC while staying at our normal favorite place Forest Dunes which is awesome. Anyways went to their 90 min presentation more like 4 1/2 hrs. Told them nice rooms they showed up but they are not the rooms you get when you check in. They are just showrooms! Told them wasn't interested in a timeshare. We were treated awful after those words were said but would definitely buy a week's vacation. What a huge mistake. After I paid it off I tried to book my 2 bedroom suite I purchased. I was informed that it was all booked up for the year but if I paid them 200.00 I could extend my package for another year so I didn't lose it so I did just that then tried to book my room. Was told to call back in a few months. Too early to book. No problem.

I called back the exact day and was told that it was booked up but for 200.00 I could extend it. Said, “Nope not gonna happen. Already did that. You took my money knowing it was all a lie and scam." Told them to upgrade to a 3 bedroom. Was told they don't have 3 bedrooms. I asked for 2 1 bedroom suites. Told no. Finally after threats from my lawyer I got just that 2 1 bedroom crappy rooms. We checked in August 5th 2018 Sunday night was very itchy, couldn't sleep. Got out of the bed, slept on the floor, called front desk for housekeeping, was told, “You get your room cleaned 1x” and it's on Thursday not Monday. WTF.

Come Thursday after waking up bitten badly BED BUGS INFESTATION was moved to a different room but treated like trash by management. I asked for a refund. Was told ok. We need to leave immediately. Said no problem until they seen we purchased a vacation package then was told no refund but will give us another stay free. No thanks. We were Left my family of 7 in nothing but our swimsuits. No shoes. Nothing. They took all of our things to be heat treated. Woke up Saturday morning in our new room to yet more BED BUGS here. The 7th, 9th, 10th and 12th floors had BED BUGS that we knew of. NEVER EVER STAY AT ANY WESTGATE RESORT. DON’T GET CAUGHT UP IN THE SCAM. They need to be closed down and civil suits filed against them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My wife and I went on vacation to Las Vegas. We are but Veterans and take ourselves on much needed getaways at least three times a year. So, we were enjoying the sights when we were approached about a seminar that Westgate were giving concerning Vacation packages. The person threw in tickets to a show and dinner. Well after much hesitation my wife and I decided to attend, not for the tickets or dinner, but because we love to travel and had the disposable income to purchase such a package if applicable.

We met with a very nice and professional young lady, who explained the different aspects of the plan and then listened to a very informative and interesting presentation. We then went to tour model rooms which were very impressive and piqued our interest. Upon returning to any area to go over details of the package, my main concern was to consult with our family financial advisor, which we do on all major purchases. Well here is where it all went south. When I conveyed to Westgate’s representative, he basically called me a liar and said, “Do you consult your advisor about everything”, I responded, “No, just the major ones.”

At that time I told him that I guess the answer is NO, because I refused to be pressured into make an rash decision. He left in a huff, came back and pointed out an honest mistake of my wife part on a questionnaire, and said “This is reason enough to withhold any gifts that was promised”! I informed him that I couldn’t care less about free tickets and dinner! That I refuse to allow him to imply that my wife was a liar and he know where to put the gift. He blew a $8000.00 plus sale because his feelings were hurt by us not bowing to his smooth, pressure sale pitch. Thanks for saving me a lot of money and from all the reviews I read, a lot of future frustration.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Book a vacation trip with Westgate. Spoke to one of their rep Anne. She was unable to complete the sale because as per a manager Kerry her dad was having triple bypass surgery. Which was fine with me. Family comes first. My big thing was I wanted her to make the sale because she did everything to make the sale and explained everything on how the program works. When I called to actually pay in full for the trip another representative came on swearing she was Kerry. The manager took the payment knowingly she wasn’t Kerry. The day before my trip they called me saying, "Sorry we have to cancel your trip because someone from your household or at the address you live at did a Timeshare." Bad service, rude reps. Managers need to be trained properly and need to be honest and not liars.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We bought into the vacation club part of Westgate Resorts. We had to finance our part in for our deposit. So we paid $287.50 upfront to be able to finance the rest. The rest was set up on an automatic draft. Anyways, we want to cancel before the first draft. Today my husband was told that we only have 3 days grace to change our minds. We were never told that at all! If we don’t pay it, even though we are asking to cancel, they will send us to collections agency. I just want out of this vacation club!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I searched and searched online to find info as to how to get off my Westgate timeshare, I finally saw something about Westgate now accept Deed Back, and I also saw Westgate site itself got a legacy Programme which said if your timeshare is paid in full, together with your tax and maintenance is paid in full, they will let you do Deed Back, that is they will take back your timeshare for $0 (Zero). I have been struggle to pay my ever increasing tax and maintenance every year and as a retire divorce woman living on pension, I would rather give them back my timeshare which I paid over US $18,000 for nothing. So I called them and they said if I paid them US $950, I can do a QUIT CLAIM and they will send me a quit claim deed to sign, get it notarized and send back to them, then I will be release of my timeshare and do not have to pay tax and maintenance anymore.

So I let them charged to my credit card US $950 and at first I was so happy when I got a Fedex envelope which got a QUIT CLAIM DEED INSIDE WITH INSTRUCTION SHEET. However, when I looked at it the date on it was May 2008, and my address is 10,000 Turkey road, which is Westgate, all wrong, I lived in Canada. When I took it to my lawyer for consultation and notarize, he told me he CANNOT NOTARIZED IT AS THE DATE ON TOP IS WRONG, IT HAS TO BE TODAY'S DATE, SAME DATE AT THE BOTTOM WHERE HE NOTARIZE. The instruction sheet I show him said the date above cannot be changed, only the date at the bottom where he notarize can be changed today's date.

The deed also mention something about Westgate (the second party) paid me (first party) TEN DOLLARS (10.00) to release them my timeshare...title...etc. I was not in Florida in 2008 and they never paid me $10.00. Have not a clue what they meant. I am giving my US $18,000 timeshare back to them for free, paid them another US $950 and got this quit claim deed with wrong date, wrong address, which my lawyer said no lawyer will notarized if the date of the quit claim deed above does not match the date at the bottom where he put his notarize stamp. Oh my God, I hope I am not being scam again even by Westgate Resort itself after being scam by so many places who said will help to sell my timeshare and so forth.

I am so frustrated, I am going to call them on Monday and asked them why the dates and address and everything is all wrong, and hope they just put it wrong by mistake, which my hope of that is slim, as the instruction sheet that comes with it seems to know the date that they put above is wrong but not allow to change it, so how the heck can the Quit Claim can be notarized. This experience is the worst experience I have with this timeshare, I just cannot imagine how they can live with that.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Update July 21, 2018. My nightmare has continued. Last Father's Day my family and I had stayed at Westgate in Orlando. We were told we have a room rate of $55 a night for 2 night plus if we went to the 90 minute presentation we would be given 2 ticket to SeaWorld. So being naive I went to see what this resort was about. The timeshare specialist name Amal greeted my son and I. I was told that they only did the timeshare for families with a 2 person household. I explained I was a single mother and was told I had to do the 90 minutes to get the tickets. So Amal asked me for my Identification to "so call check me in" and see if I was a guest at the hotel. I agreed, where I was seated and had a 10 minute explanation of their timeshare and how the opportunity as a timeshare hold could be profitable.

I bought the travel partner packaging, not the timeshare because I did not have down payment and I don't have enough credit for a loan. I was told after she brought my ID back that I wasn't going to qualify for a timeshare but I could still be a travel partner. So I paid the start up fee. I was handed a bunch of materials, a tablet and a black credit card to use while I was at the resort. Got the tickets after sitting there for 4 hours. When I got home and started to go through the material half of the material was in Spanish. I called customer service to be told I need to pay another $100 for the English material. After I refused to pay they had locked me out of my account. After two weeks of not being able to access the site or understanding anything. I finally got ahold of customer service. I was unable to sell anything.

Westgate still as of July 21, 2018 has never unlocked my account. After talking to over 20+ people. I've been threaten. Told I don't have a account through Westgate. Told that I'm not welcome on any of their properties and still get harassing emails that I'm behind on my timeshare payment. I've been hung up on more times by this company than any other. However, when I called them I don't have an account and never did. So in the end I'm $100 out for the start up fee and the $800 they stole from my account. I had to cancel my credit cards and change my bank Info. They are Thieves and should be ashamed for taking from hardworking people.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I stayed with Westgate Myrtle Beach with my husband, son, and mother for 3 nights. We got there and our room had already been rented. They upgraded us to 1 bed and a pull out queen couch. We had 2 queen beds reserved. The queen bed had full mattress so the frame caused bruises on my mother and son. There were other people’s hair in our bed. The staff was very unfriendly (other than maintenance) and they overcharged us and I had to bring it to THEIR attention. No apologies for that and no one asked me how my stay was so I filed a complaint on the BBB. They responded with I should have said something while we were there and that they weren’t going to do anything. I’m not at all surprised. I wouldn’t recommend this place to my enemies. Horrible company, and I have only just begun to complain.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Westgate Cruise and Travel is the biggest rip off I have ever encountered (Club Weeks). They can’t answer any questions and they cheat you out of your money. We reserved a room that was ocean front to sleep 4 people and we got an interior room that would only sleep 2 people. THEY WILL NOT GIVE OUR MONEY BACK! It is ridiculous! My advice... go through the hotel and run as far away from Westgate as you can.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Timeshare participants (owner is a misnomer, in my opinion) with Westgate (Westgate Smoky Mountains Tennessee) for 10 years and have purchased the right to book a stand alone pedestal 3 bedroom unit. We have been pleased in the past after booking 11 months in advanced to receive the rooms that connected to one another with great views of the mountains. This year however was much different. We understand there was a fire and much of the resort needs to be rebuilt, but expecting our unit upon arrival is not the norm. The new norm is to feel lucky that you can book a unit regardless of what you’ve purchased. We brought our extended family with us and thought we would have the same accommodations with rooms connected, this was not the case.

Our rooms were not connected and we were on the button of the resort with no view, older unit, and it did not match our room accommodations that we thought we booked. Older rooms are much smaller and not nice at all compared to the newer units. After playing the game and booking 11 months out, still not being able to get your unit, is surprising. When asking to speak to supervision’s, or managers this was a waste of time. Not even one person was apologizing, just told us you have a room that sleeps what you bought. We had a fire 2 years ago. Why haven’t the units been rebuilt sooner? They have continued to charge us for our yearly maintenance and taxes for a unit that’s not built.

Original review: July 9, 2018

My wife and I decided to take a one day getaway trip to Orlando from Palm Beach, it was really a last minute trip since I work about 80 hours a week and barely have time to do anything. We arrived in Orlando around 11:00 pm and decided to stay at the first hotel we saw off the turnpike and everything was fine until the next day and here is where our nightmare started. We were approached by someone at the hotel about a timeshare with Westgate Resorts and how they had great facilities and how it was great for families and that you would get two discounted park tickets if we attended a 90 minute presentation which by the way, the tickets was NOT the reason of me investing or wasting 90 minutes of my ONLY time spending with my wife over two park tickets.

Because we travel a lot, we decided to attend the meeting to see what they had to offer and boy were we in for the worst experience of our lives. I was an RCI member about 20 years ago and I guess things have not changed but I still gave Westgate Resorts the benefit of the doubt because again we visit Orlando around twice a year with our children so perhaps this could work this time. I was greeted by someone who directed me to the new owner's desk where they ask for personal questions and credit card DO NOT give them anything, then they took to me to the second floor where it was packed so we went to the third floor and the salesperson offered us breakfast which we politely declined and told her that we're not interested in the breakfast but that we wanted to see the property, amenities, payment plan and yearly dues within others.

She left us alone for about 15 minutes and came back to interrogate me and my wife, then she left and came back again to interrogate even more, left again this time for about 30 minutes and when she came back she asked how much we could afford for a unit and a numerous of other questions then left again and said she had to go get a golf cart, then after another 30 minutes of waiting she came back to let me know that she was waiting for a golf cart to be available, she left again and came back within ten minutes with a big smile to let us know, "YAAY we have a golf cart." So we get down to the lobby and to my surprise I counted 17 empty golf carts available right in front of us. Very funny but ok maybe they have a system, yes a scam system.

She gave us a tour of the facilities and after she presented numbers and told her that I had to review all documents and payment plans before making a decision, she started getting aggressive and rude telling me that she understood how my low income would make me think twice before moving forward which I guess 11k a month in combined income is low but anyway. I explained to her that this was an investment and that I was not buying a pair of shoes so I had to do my homework before signing any documents. After spending over 3 hours there, remember 90 minute presentation, we kept getting different managers trying to close me.

They were all very lame and your typical sales people, they are your friend at first and when they don't get what they want they treat you like the worst scum on earth. One of the closer told me that we were really wasting their time and that we were dreamers in trying to become owners of this resort, she even said that the jobs we currently held were fake, who says that to a potential owner, buyer, customer, client or member. So disrespectful and extremely RUDE. It is really a shame that we were treated this way, because we were really interested to see what they had to offer but we never expected to be treated this way, the tickets were an added bonus but we were not there for tickets nor the breakfast.

Maybe some people don't mind spending half their day in Orlando for discounted tickets or breakfast but no one should be treated the way my wife and I were treated. I really encourage everyone to stay away from this place and if it's discounted tickets that you are looking for DO NOT go to Westgate Resorts, you will absolutely waste your day, it's just simply not worthy.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We have been Westgate owners for over 20 years. We bought at Westgate Smokey Mountain just after it opened. We have used it almost every year since we bought it. We started with a small unit and have upgraded to what now is a 4 bedroom. “YES” they will always try to get you to upgrade every year (That’s their job). For the Smokey Mountain Resort they have always been professional and very little pressure. They have treated us great as owners. Even with the fires we have been able to get the unit we bought. We have been very happy over the years with the Gatlinburg Resort. THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE 5 STARS.

THAT BEING SAID... We have had a few times we have used the Orlando Westgate Resorts. We live in Orlando and decided to do a stay vacation to save money. WHAT A MISTAKE... I don’t know if it’s the same management or not, but they are HORRIBLE. BOTH TIMES WE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. The last stay was at Vacation Villas. I hope nobody buys there. They treat owners like GARBAGE. It took us 4 hrs to check in. They were getting the people who paid $99 rooms way before owners. We weren’t the only owners getting shafted.

After complaining A LOT we are finally given half of our 4 bedroom unit. After 6 HOURS we finally got our other room. They said the whole time they were waiting for it to be inspected. Come to find out it was ready the whole time. NOBODY CHECKED THE FIRST TIME. We also had went and bought groceries because they said it would be ready. That was only the start. Dirty linen, Bad restaurant experience, rude desk people etc. We will never use Orlando Westgate again. Funny how the corporate office is in Orlando and they are the worse of all the resorts.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Me and my family visited Westgate town center villas in Kissimmee on June 24 through July 1, 2018. We had a studio with a king bed and full sized sofa bed! Had to go to Walmart to buy my own sheets! The mattress on the sofa bed was horrible and nasty! 19 inch flat screen tvs and select channels! They supposedly be a top rated resort and this what I got! Freaking unbelievable! Paid all that money not worth it! Then guy name Laurent called and told me I had money in my account and incentives! Didn't have **!

I purchased a week vacation, paid 875.00, they put in an escrow account because I had option to buy and the money would go towards ownership! The lady who sold me got fired. Because she sold a $60,000 timeshare for $6,500 so if I bought they would have to sell for that price because it was in my contract. Nevertheless, they want me to give them back timeshare and sign the 875 over to pay for my week vacation. Gladly because I had no intentions of buying no timeshare with a them. They are liars and doesn't honor or do what they say! I even recommended my cousin and she did tour. When she said no to they was very nasty and lied about the gifts she would get! I wouldn't recommend my dog to stay there! Westgate Resorts sucks!

Original review: June 28, 2018

My family and I were interested in discount tickets to Universal and the hotel recommended we try the "timeshare option". Basically, you listen to a 90 min presentation. If you're interested you buy. If not, you say not and get your free tickets. Simple right? Well prior to going to Westgate, I stumbled on this site and saw countless reviews of people warning people not to do, how their sales tactics are high stress high pressure and how they lie and don't deliver what is promised.

I however did anyway because I figured well even if the tactics were high at the end of the day I would say NO and get my gift. Oh how I wish I had listened. Here is how their scam works: 1. They walk you in with "hundreds" of others to feed you breakfast. 2. They will show you 3 options --- a 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and a 4 bedroom. 3. They will go from 60k and talk you down to about 15k.

Here is what I wish I'd believed. 1. They don't take NO for an answer. 2. 90 mins is for people who say YES -- we were there for a total of 6 hours while they introduced us to over 3 people to convince us. 3. "Oprah" our sales representative seemed confused and belittled us when we explained we did not want to spent $60k in order to get 2 free tickets to a theme park. 4. She would then say – “I don't understand... why would you not want to OWN instead of renting. That doesn't make any sense!”

Here is what she missed. 1. The interest rate as others revealed in 17.99. 2. If you cancel, they can refund your deposit LESS the value of the free tickets they gave you so DON'T SIGN UP! 3. The deal is overall very bad -- high interest, you pay $1000 a year for HOA and Taxes for a unit that you visit for 6 nights a year and that does not include the price of "ownership". 4. They will say if it doesn't work you can sell it --- well you then have to pay real estate brokerage fees, taxes, recording fees, closing cost and will rarely get what you spent. 5. No does not mean no to them. I got there are 7:15 AM when they opened and didn't leave until after 1PM! 6. When you say no they will belittle you and get short tempered. They started ripping papers up, refuse to get you anything in writing, etc. Stay clear --- these reviews are one because you couldn't select any less.

Original review: June 28, 2018

They scammed me out 12000 dollars. They told me I was getting a two bedroom villa and it was all a lie. I been trying to get my money back and all they do is give me excuses. I need help to get my money back. Westgate should be closed down and everyone should be given their money back.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I went to a Florida Welcome Center in Lake City that had billboards advertising cheap theme park tickets. When we got there, we ended up putting a $60 deposit for 3 2-Day Park to Park tickets to Universal Orlando/Islands of Adventure. Total including the deposit was supposed to be $477. We were told we had to attend a 90 minute presentation that they were doing to get the word out about Westgate Resorts. We were promised a buffet breakfast that they valued at $15.99 also. We ended up spending 5 hours at the resort and still didn't get the tickets. We were assigned one of the "sales representatives" and she sat with us the entire time including while we ate the breakfast. She spent the next probably 4.5 hours trying to get us to buy a timeshare. The APR started at 17.99% and went up from there.

I explained over and over again that I wasn't interested and that I was buying my first house next month and didn't have money to buy something like this and I didn't impulse buy anything. She brought multiple salespeople over to try to convince me, but I didn't sway. The price started out at almost 50k with an almost $800 monthly payment and went all the way down to 10k with an almost $200 monthly payment before they gave up. You have to pay taxes and HOA fees on top of that. Taxes and HOA fees were over $1100 each year.

When I went to get my tickets, they said that I had chosen base tickets, 1 park each day. We called the welcome center and the guy wasn't there that said to call if there was any problem. The price changed from $477 total to $625 total. I was so mad that I was starting to cry. I had wasted almost 5 hours at this place. The only person who wasn't a crook was the lady at the tickets desk. She gave me my deposit back, plus some extra cash because I wasn't able to get the tickets. I went back to the resort I was staying at and used the money to buy tickets from them. I have learned my lesson. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don't waste your time. They will not give you what you were promised!

Original review: June 17, 2018

We were offered discounted tickets in Branson if we attended their 90 presentation on their travel club. This discount was good so we figured we could give them 90 minutes in return for about $400 in discounts. We arrived early, as we were advised to do so, and were given a form to fill out. As we filled it out there appeared to be several binding statements that caused me to pause, but we continued because it was a requirement.

Once we were done, I asked the receptionist if I could get a copy. They said it was against their policy. Red flag number 1. I said there were several "binding" statements which could be considered a contract and under state law I am entitled to a copy. They still refused to make me a copy. I kept the form in my hands during the entire process and told them I wanted my wife to double check it first. I got my cell phone out and took a picture of it, just in case someone altered my form later making it invalid.

We were lead into a room with about 20 other couples, each trying to listen to the salesmen. The salesman was a nice guy and told us that no meant no, and there would be no hard sales pitch. We then went into the presentation room and listen to the "stories" about how great they were. They talked down people who go on vacation and stay with friends or relatives. They talked down the local hotels and motels, making a comment about making your coffee in the bathroom. They made it sound like you were an idiot if you didn't take advantage of their deals.

I made a promise to my wife that I would not cause any problems and that we would listen to the presentation and get out of there. This guy was pushing every button I had. He made the mistake when he asked me, "Isn't this the best deal you have ever heard?" I smiled at him and looked over to my wife, who gave me the shut up stare. He repeated his question and I had enough, so I told him it was the dumbest presentation I had ever seen and would be surprised if anyone in the room was dumb enough to take you up on your offer.

He pointed to his slide show where it showed a typical hotel stay in Orlando for a week was $1,200.00. Being a member would cut that cost to $500.00. How is that dumb? I said, "Well... let's do the math. If I went to Orlando every year for 10 years as a nonmember, it would cost me $12,000 (1,200 x 10)... Right?" He said, "Right, but you will only pay $5,000 (500 x 10), saving $7,000! Don't you like staying at nice resorts and saving that much money?" I said, "Sure if it were true." I would pay $5,000 + $7,000 (sign up fee), that would be $12,000... so where is the savings? Oh yeah, let's not forget I would be paying about $300 a year annual membership fees, so we are actually still $3,000 in debt??!! The only real way to "save" is to use your club and go on several trips (4 or more) a year before you would see any real savings.

When the presentation was over, we met with our salesmen again. The original fee was supposed to be $9000 but because I was a veteran, they took $2000 off that price. We could pay 4500 down and pay the rest over 12 months at 17.99%. OMG, are you crazy? I can finance a new car for only 1.9%, why would I want to pay that high interest??? We said this is a firm "NO". He said, "OK, no pressure" and had us wait for his boss. His boss tried to point out the flaws in our thinking and we said, this is a firm "NO". He then told us to sit tight and he brought in someone from corporate. She tried to convince us to sign up too. We will be retiring in 5 years, so we thought... let's see what kind of deals we can talk them into.

I told her, "What if we try out your resorts first. We will stay 5 times, if they live up to your promises and we like them... we will pay the $7000. If we are shut out (no rooms available) or we are not given everything we were promised... the deal is off and we walk away." She could not do that. What if we sign the contract with a provision that you will NEVER raise the annual fees, and doing so would void the contract and they would refund us the $7000. She could not do that. So we said OK, then this is a firm NO. She said OK and closed our visit. I wanted something from her that said we came to the presentation and confirm that we are truly done. She would not provide us with anything. I offered to videotape her saying that we were truly done, and she refused. I finally got the receptionist to give us something saying we had completed the requirements... just in case they tried to charge us for the discounted tickets.

The entire visit was like... give me, give me, give me. They wanted our money, that was the bottom line. I would give you one piece of advice... NEVER attend these things without getting copies of everything you fill out and everything you were promised for attending. Tell any service organization you belong to post a warning for these businesses.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I was visiting Orlando, Florida last week and while taking a ride on the I-Ride trolley, this ** young man spoke with about the offer you had an offer to free tickets to a resort. I paid 40 dollars cash in order for me to be at an appointment with the resort the next day, when I explained to him that I was retired and my income will not qualify but he said that it did matter. My granddaughter was with me during this time and was so excited which he knew that help his lie go. I wish it was a law against this because when I got to the resort at the waiting a long. Time for the taxi I was turned down but my money was returned but it just broke my heart and I had to break into charging a fee on my charge card to get my granddaughter to the theme park that he promised.

I love Florida and I heard of bad stories and the young man there at the resort said we always in the news and this is bad for your Resort and I think it's very shameful for someone to do such a thing like that to any human being. This is fair and I am still upset although I'll be back to Florida hopefully another run into anything like this ever again. I feel like it was still a real for a rip-off from not time going out there I spoke to the person in charge but that didn't help any. I just called the corporation about it. I am an honest person and I'm not going to put $50 thousand income knowing that my income was not at the right price when I spoke to the salesman got me there.

Original review: May 29, 2018

When I was in Vegas October/20196 and I bought this travel club package. I was told I could use it on my vacation in the Mediterranean that I planning to do it this year. I make down of $ 2.100.00 dollars and start pay $ 162.50 a very month. They give me $ 3.000.00 dollar card that I could use for my vacations. Now that I made the reservations. I am told I cannot use this card. When they told me that I can used as cash as part of my payment. So far I pay $ 4.862.50 for this package. But since I am no able to use the $3.000.00 dollars card I stop the payments. I am very disappointed with this company and I am requesting my money back and cancelation of contract.

Original review: May 28, 2018

If you hear the word timeshare run. I made the mistake of buying one about 20 years ago. It was every other week so not as bad as others got trapped into. The maintenance fee was ridiculous and I should have trusted my instincts and not bought. I didn't have to pay full price because I kept declining the ridiculous amounts that they were asking for. The first time I used it was fine near Disney in Orlando. Of course they didn't have a space in my resort so I had to pay $160 to move to one of their other properties. It was nice. Cheap ugly furniture and carpet with stupid patterns to resist showing stains. I actually did the vacation with my sister and her family and I had my own room across the hall with a bathroom so it was nice. I had paid for the 3 bedroom one.

Then the next time I used it I used the exchange thing. Which you are forced to join and was about $150 a year and I think Westgate owns it. I had to pay a fee to change about $150 and then they charge me $10 a day to park. It was a nice one bedroom apartment on the beach, but not on the side with ocean views. Then the next time I let my sister use it in Orlando. They only let her had a 2/2 even though I paid for a 3/2 and she was using my account and I paid a transfer fee because they said there was no availability and then a guest fee so like $350 extra. I went to visit them since I was in Florida. It was okay. The pool looked like Madea was having a family reunion.

After that I stopped paying. The maintenance fee is a scam. How can it cost $1000 a week to maintain a place where the mortgage would not even be $52K a year. It's like everyone is paying to rebuy their property every year. They are making a profit on what they call maintenance and a lot of it. I won't give them a dollar and they better pray they don't ever do a deed in lieu or anything to my credit or I will start a huge class action lawsuit against them. Anyway I moved and if they call never admit you own anything. Just deny. Eventually I'm hoping the statute of limitations will take over.

This is how worthless their properties are. Even after you have paid for the entire thing they won't take it back for free because they are profiting on the maintenance and they know the timeshare is worthless. Even a car lender and a mortgage holder take back their properties if you stop paying. Imagine if you paid for the car and the house and they don't want them back, that's how worthless they know the timeshares are. Hopefully one day they will be run out of business. At least David Siegel got some Karma when his neglected daughter died of an overdose. He has a lot more Karma ahead for all the worry and misery he has caused so many people.

Westgate Resorts expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Westgate Resorts is a timeshare company that was founded by David Siegel in 1982. The company offers customers more than 13,500 timeshare villas and access to properties at 28 resorts.

• Numerous outposts: Westgate Resorts' properties are located conveniently throughout the U.S., so they are easy to reach for customers no matter where they live. They also offer a diverse range of landscapes and amenities.

• Resorts with amenities: The company offers timeshare owners a huge selection of amenities at their resorts, including soda shops, pool bars, spas, putting greens and more, so traveling to their timeshare property feels like a real vacation.

• Charitable company: Westgate is also a community-focused company, and the company donates more than 2 million dollars each year through the Westgate Resorts Foundation.

• Convenient online account management: Owners of Westgate properties can access their account online, and they have convenient options to pay fees, change membership options, and more.

• VIP owner events: The company regularly throws VIP events for owners, including parties, shows, and more.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, young professionals with disposable income and large families.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
    Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Westgate Resorts Company Information