3.37/5

Discover a great timeshare now

650 Westgate Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2019

My first and last visit to this particular resort location! We were signed up for the 8:30 presentation and was told that it was going to last 90 minutes, we didn’t finish until about 11:30!! Jose was pushy to try to sell us to buy into the timeshare then became extremely rude when we became uninterested because of the cost, availability which would be fitting for me & the amount of time that it had taken for the presentation. It was very concerning to me his disposition towards a guest, potential owner and prior to my interaction with him, a returning customer. His tactics to sell the property is unacceptable and total turn off! Thanks but no thanks!! The resort is okay but I wouldn’t recommend anyone to sign up for the presentation or buy into this resort based on if Jose is an accurate representation of what their customer service is. Again the resort is okay but not nice enough to also endure that type of service experience.

Original review: April 19, 2019

First off stay away from this company. They are sharks and will lie and say anything to get you to buy their timeshare. We recently went to a Westgate Resorts tour to get a discount on Disney tickets. As usual we went they the tour and listened to their pitch. The sales guys I dealt with promised us a 2 bedroom condo “anywhere we wanted” for $247 or $500 depending on how busy it was. They promised us it would not exceed $500, that it was 100% for sure $247 or $500. 2 months in this has been a complete lie. Our timeshare was about 10k plus the annual fee and all the resorts we have looked at are $1200+ for a two bedroom and we cannot choose our dates. They give you the dates of their choice...

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We willfully submitted to a timeshare presentation (90 minutes) when visiting Orlando and the resort was able to save us $3K on our total vacation package (Family of seven). The presenter was an owner whose family had been in the business with Westgate for over 30 years. He told us of the setbacks, the trials, and the changes to the ownership programs and the vacation packages. He finished the complete presentation in about 30 minutes and asked us if we had any questions.

For the next 45 minutes, he answered our questions, took our responses, and was kind when we said we were not going to spend $**** on this because it was a not a wise choice with our financials. He asked could he bring a supervisor to show us other options, we said yes. This man, of course, different in temperament, showed us several options and we purchased the package that we felt comfortable including a lifetime membership to the rewards program at a very discounted rate. Being able to communicate clearly our fears and desires coupled with the presenter's mild and kind approach has made us feel very positive about this. We are already booked for more travel in the next six months and using these benefits, we have turned our normal ANNUAL vacation into three! And we're saving money still. (Yes, we are able to go away for three weeks instead of one this year and still save money.)

This isn't for everyone. But if the math works and you like to take your family on nice resort trips instead of pull out sofas and sleeping bags, then this is something you should consider. I have already shared this with my friends and family and am happy to update this review if and when we ever have any frustrations.

One thing I will say though is that I did witness some "cold" and "pushy" presenters during our overview. Had that been my personal experience, I would have requested to speak to someone else by saying, "I'm sorry, but I believe we are not a good match. Can you please find me another salesperson." People who are also taking advantage of highly discounted options in lieu of presentations need to understand that the point for the company is to sell packages and benefits, which in turn is to make money. So, if you are not interested in being sold, then please don't take the free or discounted options. And learn a clear phrase, "Thank you so much for showing this great opportunity to us, but we have decided that we are not interested. Can we finish this up in the next 15 minutes please?" Happy vacationing!

Original review: April 1, 2019

My husband and I were on vacation in Las Vegas when we were approached by men from Westgate in the Miracle Mile shops. They asked if we had plans for the night and we said we were going to the hockey game. They offered us a $125 Mastercard gift card to use if we went to their presentation, we said we weren't interested- They got more guys over and said they would give us the $125, free tickets to a show, and two 3 day vacations. They said it was only 90 minutes and we already ate breakfast so they could get us out of there in an hour. We agreed to go- who wouldn't like a little extra money in Vegas.

We were shuttled up to Westgate and waiting for our presentation along with a room full of other people. We had just ate breakfast so opted out of the food. We listened to our presenter for over an hour, mostly talk about his family and draw diagrams on a piece of paper about what a timeshare is. We were supposed to get a tour of the facility and hadn't left our table after 90 minutes. At 94 minutes and no end in sight I stopped and said, "I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but we have plans for lunch and they said this was an hour and half." Our salesperson demeanor totally changed.

He got very rude with us and said he was not finished with the presentation, that we hadn't even seen the facility yet, that he wished we would never have came in as we weren't serious about it (We had told the men in the mall we weren't interested in a timeshare and they told us it was not high pressure, we could just say no and that they just wanted to show off their facility to get us to stay there- We wouldn't need to buy a timeshare). Our presenter told us he was legally obligated to go through all of the information with us if we wanted to get our money and other items that were promised to us. We were on precious vacation time- already 90 minutes in and the end nowhere in sight, now with a very angry, rude salesperson. We just wanted OUT.

They went and got another lady who came back and checked the time stamp on our arrival- proving we had already been there over 90 minutes. She was nice and brought us to the cashier where we got our $20 deposit back. They gave us a 3 day 2 night voucher- that you have to send in $58 and attend another timeshare to redeem it- NO THANK YOU. We will never again be attending a timeshare by Westgate or staying at any of their facilities. If you see any of these people on the strip just say NO- Save your precious vacation time!

Original review: March 31, 2019

I booked a 4 days and 3 nights including 4 Disney tickets. We had to take a 90 minutes tour. No pressure from the sale representative. We ended up purchasing a timeshare because we felt it would be a good thing for our college’s son. After flying back home and reading all the reviews, we decide that we didn’t want this because of the reviews. I sent them all the information including the title deed and a letter stating why we were not interested via certified mail as stated in the fine print and requested an refund within 10 days. Within five days, the refund was posted back to our MasterCard. They vowed by what they stated in the contract if you cancel within 10 days of the purchase date. And the villa that we stayed in were very nice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?

Original review: March 18, 2019

We went online to book two-night stay and got it for $82.00 but had to take a 90min. tour in order to get the hotel discount. Our tour was at 12:30 pm but we were told to be there 15min early so we did and registered but when it came to the time, they change the time to 1:30 pm. We told the agent (her name is **) that we cannot do at the time because me and my wife, the children had plan to do after the 90min tour. The agent told us if we don't committed to the tour, we have to pay $300.00 which they took from my credit card anyway.

Not only that we was qualify on our income to buy the sharetime but after what they did about not abiding to their words setting the timeframe and forcing us to take the tour when it their fault scheduling. It was bad they took $300 what they did to us but I look at a better picture that I could of spend more money on their sharetime to find out later that was a bigger rip off from Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort 1000 Little Smoky Rd. Gatlinburg TN. Sincerely Dallas TX family that drove 16 hour to be con by them.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Hi Guys. My husband and I visited Westgate in November 2018 where the infamous timeshare sales pitches take place. At first we kept saying that we were uninterested until they kept sending more and more persons... It was ridiculous and distastefully desperate at this point. We were kept there for about 3 hours total. Eventually we gave into the Vacation Travelers Program where we were promised 5 free weeks at the Westgate Resorts over a period of three (3) years, along with the use of the Leisure Time Passport. The blatant lies we were told is embarrassing.

The actual use of the Westgate Resort is for 1 week (not 5), over a 2 year period (not 3), and the remaining 4 weeks are for the use of the Getaways from the Leisure Time Passport, which by all means are NOT free or even relatively cheap (please read the fine prints), it may be cheaper to book the resorts directly. We are now trying to book at least the 7 days for the Westgate Resort and they Refuse to book us. They said that the next available date for booking is February 20th 2020, however the website shows available rooms for the date that we would like to visit. Westgate on the whole is SCAM. Please do not believe their lies.

Original review: March 6, 2019

In January 2019 we spent a week at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort. We were curious about a timeshare so we took the tour and heard the sales pitch. Very pushy!! It was actually so bad that I was embarrassed for the salespeople. That's right. People! When you tell them you're not ready at this time they send over another, then another. You get the idea. So to make a long story short, we purchased something called the Vacation Traveler Package. Supposedly we're supposed to get 3 weeks for free with the package, then they give you these Dream Vacation Weeks as well. That's a whole different scam. I won't even go into.

So we get this welcome letter in the mail with some info and a phone number in case we have any questions. Of course we have questions, like "how do I book this free vacation" and "why are we still being charged for a full week when we log onto the Westgate booking site?" Many questions, especially after reading other people's terrible reviews. Well, I called (800) 811-8760 several times this morning. It rings about 5 times then disconnects. I went onto the website and chose the "chat" option. I quickly got a response but after I told them we were ready to book one of these free vacations, nothing! I've been sitting at my computer for an hour now and the chat box is still open, but the rep has seemed to of disappeared. So now I have to spend time and money on an attorney to solve this issue. To be continued...

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We bought into this timeshare with such high hopes. Never did I imagine how much money I would need to pay after I paid out my mortgage. I have just been told that to use my previous year in holding I will have to pay an additional $259 on top of the yearly maintenance fee of over $1000. I am less than happy that suddenly It's my fault I didn't "deposit " my unused weeks. Every other time it was rolled into the next year. So more money to user what is supposed to have been paid for! I can't wait to get out of this crap...if I ever can. So much red tape and so many hoops. It is more than ridiculous. So unhappy with so much more in fees!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have been coming to this resort for 11 years and this is the worst experience I’ve ever had! Once you buy as an owner, they no longer care about taking care of you. Don’t fall for the high pressure sales, run away! There is better service meaning cleaner rooms and response to customer requests from an inexpensive competitor. Orlando Florida Westgate has definitely gone downhill and not sure why. My first room was very dirty. For example, the sheets had stains and hair on them. The dishes were put away with dried food on them. There was a chicken bone under the bed left from a previous person. I had to persist on several occasions to get anyone to make things right, no one reaches out. Next time I come to Orlando, I will definitely not stay here!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

While staying at our friends’ timeshare we were curious and attended the personalized sales pitch. Incredible!!! They wouldn’t give us documents to review, only what they were scribbling in front of us. They told us that we had to make the decision WITHIN THE HOUR and that we would not have another opportunity to buy. We asked for the agent’s business card and she refused, saying “we don’t work like that “. What??? Most of the focus was on how we could make money. No documents, no business cards or contact info, an hour to make an expensive decision. No way!! We went to Disney Vacation Club afterward where EVERYTHING is available for review and WITHOUT pressure. More obnoxious than Westgate isn’t possible.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I am sick to my stomach that I fell prey to this. I have tried to book a week and it is not available. I asked if there were any restrictions and was told, no. I call and try to book but there ARE restrictions. I was told that hotels would be at a lower cost, I can book the exact same hotel at a lower cost directly through the hotel. I am so upset that I gave this company my money and that they have made it their mission to scam people and take their money. DO NOT DO THIS. Please be smarter than me.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

First I want to say these people are professionally trained con artists that take your call! They will tell you what you want to hear and scam you out of hundreds of dollars! My husband and I wanted to surprise our children with a trip to Disney! Our youngest has SPD so it had to take a trip anywhere. So Hotelscorp came up in my inbox and when I called she made me feel that this would be the right time and the right company to use because of our Situation!

It's been a year and I have not gone because they want more money or they want to downgrade the Initial package they told us we were going to have! I have spoken with over 6 agents and each one wants more money! No! I ask to speak with a supervisor and they are in a meeting or they will give me a callback! I haven't heard from one single person! I have to call and call and still we need more money! Please don't fall for their con as we did! Now a nine-year-old boy will be crushed! We will take him to Disney and it will be the best time he ever have!!! I hope they get shut down!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We just bought a timeshare in Las Vegas. We were approached outside a casino and decided to go for the free breakfast and $100 in chips. Breakfast was so-so Continental style fare. True the "90" min presentation turned into 3+ hours. The sales rep was very pleasant as she gave us the tour, the rooms were beautiful. Everything they told us was put down on paper. The end meeting with the "title lady" was recorded as well. I felt treated very well. We haven't used the "service" as of yet so... We'll see.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

First of all... I wish I could give this no stars! On February 1st, 2019, my wife and I were vacationing in Las Vegas and we were checking out everything on Fremont Blvd. We were stopped by a woman with Westgate Resorts and she asked us if we were planning on seeing any shows and we said “well we weren’t planning on it.” She took us over to this other woman and she said she could hook us up with some good show tickets. The only catch was we had to tour the Las Vegas Westgate Resort and Casino the next day for 90 minutes and they’d give us free brunch. She also promised a free 3 day 2 night stay at any of their resorts. Sound too good to be true? Well that’s because it was.

The next morning on February 2nd, we showed up to the hotel at 10 am for brunch and the 90 minute tour. A salesman from Russia came and got us from a small lobby. We sat at a table in a huge room that looked like the inside of a Star Wars Space ship and ate brunch with this salesman. He asked us about our family and showed us pictures of his two kids and wife. I guess he was trying to show us he was a family man. He started talking about a timeshare and we immediately became confused and told him we were just here for a tour of the hotel. He’s like “Oh shoot I think you’re with the wrong salesman. Let me go talk to my manager.” He comes back and says “I don’t usually do this but I can get you a different salesman if you want or I can just do it.” We said he was fine and that we didn’t need someone else if he was okay with it.

Mind you he came and got us from the lobby not the other way around. Anyways, he continues talking about timeshares and how great they are. We’re still confused and waiting for him to just give us a tour of the hotel. He promises us that we can travel all over the world for under $1,000 and that it would be $209 per week to go anywhere. We let him tell us the whole thing and obviously it sounds too good to be true. He said our cost would be $1,031 in HOA fees and $27 in taxes every year.

Finally, he takes us on the “tour” which includes the casino, betting room and then finally these condos in the 16th floor. The condos are nice but I ask him “I know you said that this costs $1031+$27 a year but how much is it really?” And I quote he said “It’s expensive.” I’m not even sure how many weeks you get per year to use this or exchange but it was between 8 to 10 weeks.

So we go back downstairs and he moves us to a table closer to his manager. He pulls out a sheet to show us a cost and it’s more than expensive, it’s unrealistic for most people. I don’t remember the exact numbers because I was mostly in shock but the condo was over $108,000, down payment was over $18,000, the monthly payment was over $2,000 and the APR was 18.99%. I immediately grabbed my wife’s leg and squeezed it so I wouldn’t fall out of the chair. So we told him no immediately and he looked all disappointed and confused that we couldn’t afford that and we told him that it’s more than our mortgage. He then goes to get his manager. Both him and his manager sit down and the manager starts going over the same thing and starts asking which one we want to do.

We then tell him we can’t afford it and don’t want to do it. The manager says okay and starts talking about making the condo a 5 night stay instead of 7 and that would cut our monthly cost down to just under $1,000. We told him no again. So then the manager says okay let me go your tickets you were promised. So he comes back again with some information on a condo in Florida and this payment would be $231. So we tell them no again and he tries one more time with one that would cost just over $100.

At this point I’m so mad and I have no idea anymore what they’re trying to sell us but I’m done. We tell them no for the last time and I look at Simon and chew him out. From what I can remember I said “We were lied to. We were told this was a brunch and a 90 minute tour of the hotel. Now we’ve been here for almost 4 hours and we’ve been more then nice about this. We had plans today and it wasn’t this. I swear if he comes back one more time and tries to sell us something I’m walking out and I’m going to tell everyone how big of a scam this is.” Pretty soon the first salesman disappears and this guy comes who’s supposed to get us our tickets. He sits down and starts writing Vacation and I knew exactly what he was doing.

From the other comments I’ve read he was going to try and sell us a vacation package. I was so furious at this point that all I said was I’m done and got up and left. My blood was boiling. My wife calls me and says the guy told her that we can’t get the show tickets unless I come back. So I come back after about 5 minutes. The “ticket guy” was completely rude and I’m not even sure what he said at first. He takes us out of the big room and down a hall. He starts talking crap and saying that he’s just doing his job and he doesn’t appreciate me getting up and walking out on him. I said “It’s not you, I was just done. I told the other guys that if they try to sell us one more thing that I was going to walk” He says “Well it must be me because you didn’t get up on them. You must not like the color of my skin.”

Both my wife are shocked that he just threw the race card out there. My wife said “uh no, it has nothing to do with your race.” The guy was completely rude and unprofessional the rest of the way mumbling under his breath. We finally get where we’re going to check out and we get our ticket vouchers not even actual tickets. I’m so angry at this point that I can’t get out of that hotel fast enough.

I’m pretty sure everything was all an act from the very beginning and they were okay with us walking because then they could keep our $70 non-refundable deposit! I’m not sure if everyone else in the room heard me but I hope they did! I’ve never been so angry at complete strangers in my life! I’ve been telling all of my friends and family to not have anything to do with the Westgate Resorts and now we’ll never use the “vacation package” they gave us because I never want to set foot in their resorts again! Lesson learned!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My husband and I just stayed at the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort and Spa. We booked a week through a relative’s timeshare with Westgate. The trip started off great. Check in was a breeze. We had someone take us up to our room and check to make sure everything was up to par. The room was brand new (many buildings are new due to rebuilding after the 2016 fire). The view was amazing! The only thing we had to contact maintenance for was to turn on our hot water, as it was a brand new room.

Our concierge started off nice. On our 5th day, our concierge met us in our room to get our opinion on the room and to collect our notes on which areas of the room needed maintenance. The visit quickly turned into a sales pitch. We repeatedly told her that we were not interested in purchasing, but she persisted. After wasting 1 hour of our time in our room, she then insisted that we go with her to view a model room and to sign paperwork in front of her supervisor in the lobby. She and her supervisor wasted another hour of our time in the lobby/sales area. We finally had to get up and walk out.

When we did that, they acted like they didn’t force us to meet with them. This greatly upset us for the rest of our trip. We declined their invitation to escort us back to our room. We waited, in 20 degree weather, for the shuttle to take us instead. Very pushy/shady employees. If we can use a relative’s timeshare, then why would we purchase our own? We also have relatives that allow us to use points often for a different timeshare. Our “concierge” aka sales rep, who was so nice and helpful before we stormed out, never contacted us afterwards. Once they try their sales pitch, and you don’t buy, customer service goes out the window. We would never purchase from Westgate, especially after reading all of the reviews here.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I know some may not believe it but besides the full day of being fed and attending a long presentation, let me say that we were there for my birthday. We viewed the rooms and decided on the 2 bedrooms suite. We received show tickets to the Prince show which we enjoyed dinner for 2 at Benihana's, we also received breakfast tickets for the nice dining restaurant, gifts to include a tablet and a bling women's Westgate tank top and a Limo ride on the strip. Each year we have visited our room has been impressive and our view Awesome! And the customer service team have been Awesome! Now the last time we visited and came in late past midnight we did not understand the process of the check in for the members. But when we told them we were tired we received breakfast passes to enjoy their restaurant. Can't wait to visit again this year!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Timeshare offer today and Westgate did every sleazy sales tactic ever. Promised "VIP" loft at booking and received a decent but poorly maintained outdated one. Dirty, poorly lit and 2 cabinet doors fell off night one. Second bathtub stall is "homemade" and inaccessible for most. After speaking with others here, same story over and over... they intentionally book guests in old units and at the presentation act "surprised" you weren't assigned to the VIP ones. Then they show you the "new ones" you should have been in and would be buying. Breakfast was blah, but ok as it's free. Didn't expect to eat with the agent at a small, loud cafeteria-style table. Uncomfortable.

Anyway, I listened to 3 agents try to sell me on an outdated unit at 50k, 600-250 a month. They try fake pics (I saw the album labels in their cell), guilt, passive-aggressive rudeness, begging (need to make a sale or get in trouble), being accused of being cheap, unfriendly and hostile. Amazing how fast the sugary sweet agents turn nasty when you say no or ask logical questions... Why are the properties falling apart? Why is the decor so old? Why do they contradict info in the written terms, saying fees won't apply, yeah right- it's in the contract!

Anyway, customer service at initial check-in was rude, subpar at the presentation as well, substandard rooms and passive-aggressive salespeople? But they wonder why I wouldn't buy? I'll never visit a Westgate again. It wasn't a horrible room, but if you're not in the owner's property, just pay for a hotel. So turned off by Westgate. For the property here to be so old fashioned, you would think they would at least force staff to be nice until after the presentation... Btw, landscaping is amazing!!! That effort should be put into the rooms.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We have been owners with Westgate Smokey Mountain since 1999. Our overall experience has been very good. We have stayed at over the top resorts that we normally could not afford. All of our stays with Westgate over the years have been excellent. Great 5 star customer service, and incredible rooms and amenities. Westgate trade really well through Interval International, and if you put in a request through II early enough we have always got the trades we have wanted. The only reason I am giving a 4 star is during our original sales presentation, there were a few things they were dishonest about, but still have provided great experiences for our family.

We made our purchase to force us to go on vacation even though our budget has been tight over the years. It helps us spread the cost over the year. We pay our maintenance fee in January and get it out of the way, then just have to get there and pay for entertainment on the vacation. I am not sure why the resort gets such bad reviews when we have had so many good experiences with them over two decades. The reason I wrote this review tonight, was during our stay this Christmas they had an owners dinner with a high end buffet that was really good.

We has a picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus. We did not know where to get a copy of our picture, but was in communication all week with our personal Westgate rep through text messages. On our way home she text us one more time to ask how our week went and we asked for a copy of our picture, and just received it in the mail this evening. A high quality picture with 1st class service. Thank you Westgate and our personal concierge Heather for a great week!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have had nothing but good experiences with customer support, and I feel bad for them as they catch the brunt of all the "infactual information" as they call it that comes from their sales team. My wife and I have been owners for 4 years now of what they call a "Value Season" 3 bedroom lock off. We went to their presentation and got paired with a sales rep who tried to sell the expensive time share and instead of letting us go after we said no we were presented with three more offers and finally with the promises of being able to exchange to other resorts and exchange companies they talked us into buying.

I have had nothing but problems trying to book in under 30 days to avoid the 500$ peak season upgrade fee if you try to use it during normal months. Also if you want to exchange to another company you have to have your request in within your season or you get told its a no go. None of what their sales team told us was the truth. They are flat out liars. I wish I would have recorded the transaction so I could take them to court and get reimbursed for the trash they sold me. Also keep in mind once you paid off the time share you are on the hook for a $1,000 a year HOA fee. I am sure the people who purchase the $40,000 time share have great reviews but those who are on a budget trying to invest in the future this is not for you. You can have a great vacation in a hotel or Airbnb for $1,000 or less and save yourself a headache.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Westgate is a horrible place to buy a timeshare. We are getting letters stating that we are behind payments and that if they're not paid our acct will go to credit bureaus. I contacted them stating different things and they are horrible, unfriendly, and very rude. I wouldn't tell anyone about this place. They are liars and take you for everything you have.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

What a nightmare! Excited for our 2nd day at Animal Kingdom and I have to be restrained by my husband not to do anything to this rude salesperson. She was a smartass after I mentioned up front we are not interested in buying or renting due to a recent death. Westgate is a SCAM! I will always use other means for vacation than Westgate. Pools and hot tubs are nasty anyway.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

When we bought 25 years ago, the taxes/maintenance fees were very low. Now we're nearing 1K YEARLY. To change to a different week, you must pay. PAY TO CHANGE THE WEEK. It's $129. We belong to an exchange service: the cost is over $300 every 5 years. This has been the worst 'investment' ever. PLUS Westgate is not keeping the condos up to date. The furniture is soiled, stained, and ratty looking. If you are smart, you will take the free gifts/meal and RUN when you can. I have tried to sell this at least a half dozen time and after I got ripped off the first time through a 'realtor' that did nothing and charged $450, I tried eBay several times. We tried to donate it and NO ONE WILL TAKE IT AS A DONATION!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My husband and I attended a presentation on 12/26/18. We should have known something was wrong when we had to get to this presentation at our own expense. The presentation is convincing (warning the 50 minute presentation is 2 hours so make sure you grab some sandwiches in their preview room). We would have purchased even though we were thoroughly convinced ahead of time that we wouldn’t buy. What changed our minds? Thankfully we read the poor reviews. We mentioned this to the presenter and his manager who weren’t concerned and offered a cheaper price with an option to upgrade. The reviews we read warned against this as well. So why am I writing this review if I didn’t purchase? Because the gifts are deceiving.

I asked the lady why she only gave me 3 vouchers when they promised 6 tickets. She said that’s because we lose money when people don’t go. So they’ll give you the other 3 tickets at the box office. And guess what they sure will if you pay for them. We had buy one get one free vouchers to a show that starts at $100 a person (the ultimate variety show at V theater). The Michael Jackson vouchers worked. Those were legit. The $100 dining dough is a card that you have to load $5 off coupons and can only use one at a time and the majority of the places you can use them are off the strip. Some can be used at Rio which is off the strip as well.

The Vegas discount card is legit but you can just walk down the strip and get the same or better discount handed to you. So if their gifts are questionable I’m sure their product resembles their gifts. I hope you read this before you commit to them. If you go to the presentation make sure you grab some sandwiches. According to Bert they’re made by Starbucks which is probably a person named Star Buck and not the franchise. And take the unlimited drinks offer while you’re there because your time is worth something.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I love my timeshare with Westgate. Best thing I ever done since I like to travel and stay in good places. At the beginning when I saw all these other people complaining about their property. I was not too happy about my purchase but now that I already know how to used my property and make money with it. Best purchase of my life. In my opinion the key about any product is to used and the most important thing is to learn how to used correctly and stop complaining so much people.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I own a timeshare with the WESTGATE. I usually deposit my timeshare into Interval International. I called Westgate and they said they had not received payment but as soon as they do that they would deposit the week into Interval (third party was sending payment to them). They never did. When I called today they told me it was too late to deposit my week. You made the mistake and now I lose my week. Really???

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

It was during Hurricane Irma, and the electric power was lost the next morning after arrival. The check in/out staff did not return to work the next day. It was pure pandemonium became apparent. The city of Orlando issued an order not to leave until 6 pm. I left anyway and returned home.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Don't fall into this money pit!!! Read the other reviews please. This is a massive marketing push. We were encouraged to attend the sales presentation and when you decide not to spend the 1000's of dollars they are asking you to commit, they send in a sales manager to try to guilt you into doing it and then insult you for even coming to the presentation. It was also fascinating to see how unhelpful everyone became once we decided to not buy even with the 3rd salesperson who tried to convince us to buy. Among other rude comments, we were told that our salesperson still had a family to feed and we were 'closed-minded' from the start. It took all I could to walk out. We were told that 1 in 4 people say no so don't disrespect people who say no like they are the only ones who said no. At that point I just wanted to get my kid from the movie theater and the Disney tickets.

BTW for those of you sitting there trying to decide after your breakfast, just close out and go downstairs to the gift area. Also! The presentation was 90 min plus... We were there for 3.5 hours. Thank you to those who took the time to give fair warning. My family and I are extremely grateful and hope you can get out of this program. I will also be posting comments with the Better Business Bureau and suggest you do too if you experienced this nightmare.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Promises, promises. Ugh!! Promise? 1 1/2 hour presentation, 2 night vacation gift package, cash, and a brunch- we received a three hour presentation, nasty hotdog, canned chili “brunch”, and the vacation? Another timeshare offer. Scam! Scam! Run if your time has any value!!! They kept saying, "Okay, we will check you out." Four people trying to still sell while they check you out. Then they said, "We pay the people to schedule you, we can’t help what they offer you." So Westgate doesn’t even honor the incentives the scheduler promises. Ripoff!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We purchased in 2000 and have always found our stays pleasant. The resorts are attractive and well maintained. However we are constantly hounded to upgrade. We are always told we own the best of the best, yet when we show up the next year there's something better (in terms of space or flexibility), and they pressure us into upgrading. We have succumbed most times because we want flexibility. So each time we buy the best of the best most desirable most exchangeable property. And when we go to book, there's another glitch. It's $250 extra to go in Feb in racing week (??!!) or Presidents' week. We are totally fed up. We'd love to get out. But we're into this around $40,000 plus $1200 annually. What a ridiculous deal! I would never, never advise anyone to buy Westgate.

Today I asked how we could get out of the timeshare. Customer Service told me 3 ways: (1) gift it (presumably to an enemy), (2) sell it, the procedure is described at ardaroc.org (not sure I got that exactly right), or (3) return it voluntarily to Westgate - but they are not obliged to take it back (even though they will pay nothing), and if they do agree there will be costs we must pay. Please don't buy here, it's an absolute scam. (But if you already have, well, it's a nice, if ridiculously expensive, place to spend a week.) If you want to know what kind of greedy, clueless people your money is going to, watch the documentary movie "The Queen of Versailles". It's riveting.

Westgate Resorts expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Westgate Resorts is a timeshare company that was founded by David Siegel in 1982. The company offers customers more than 13,500 timeshare villas and access to properties at 28 resorts.

• Numerous outposts: Westgate Resorts' properties are located conveniently throughout the U.S., so they are easy to reach for customers no matter where they live. They also offer a diverse range of landscapes and amenities.

• Resorts with amenities: The company offers timeshare owners a huge selection of amenities at their resorts, including soda shops, pool bars, spas, putting greens and more, so traveling to their timeshare property feels like a real vacation.

• Charitable company: Westgate is also a community-focused company, and the company donates more than 2 million dollars each year through the Westgate Resorts Foundation.

• Convenient online account management: Owners of Westgate properties can access their account online, and they have convenient options to pay fees, change membership options, and more.

• VIP owner events: The company regularly throws VIP events for owners, including parties, shows, and more.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, young professionals with disposable income and large families.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
    Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Westgate Resorts Company Information