3.62/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

663 Westgate Resorts Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

We willfully submitted to a timeshare presentation (90 minutes) when visiting Orlando and the resort was able to save us $3K on our total vacation package (Family of seven). The presenter was an owner whose family had been in the business with Westgate for over 30 years. He told us of the setbacks, the trials, and the changes to the ownership programs and the vacation packages. He finished the complete presentation in about 30 minutes and asked us if we had any questions.

For the next 45 minutes, he answered our questions, took our responses, and was kind when we said we were not going to spend $**** on this because it was a not a wise choice with our financials. He asked could he bring a supervisor to show us other options, we said yes. This man, of course, different in temperament, showed us several options and we purchased the package that we felt comfortable including a lifetime membership to the rewards program at a very discounted rate. Being able to communicate clearly our fears and desires coupled with the presenter's mild and kind approach has made us feel very positive about this. We are already booked for more travel in the next six months and using these benefits, we have turned our normal ANNUAL vacation into three! And we're saving money still. (Yes, we are able to go away for three weeks instead of one this year and still save money.)

This isn't for everyone. But if the math works and you like to take your family on nice resort trips instead of pull out sofas and sleeping bags, then this is something you should consider. I have already shared this with my friends and family and am happy to update this review if and when we ever have any frustrations.

One thing I will say though is that I did witness some "cold" and "pushy" presenters during our overview. Had that been my personal experience, I would have requested to speak to someone else by saying, "I'm sorry, but I believe we are not a good match. Can you please find me another salesperson." People who are also taking advantage of highly discounted options in lieu of presentations need to understand that the point for the company is to sell packages and benefits, which in turn is to make money. So, if you are not interested in being sold, then please don't take the free or discounted options. And learn a clear phrase, "Thank you so much for showing this great opportunity to us, but we have decided that we are not interested. Can we finish this up in the next 15 minutes please?" Happy vacationing!

Original review: March 31, 2019

I booked a 4 days and 3 nights including 4 Disney tickets. We had to take a 90 minutes tour. No pressure from the sale representative. We ended up purchasing a timeshare because we felt it would be a good thing for our college’s son. After flying back home and reading all the reviews, we decide that we didn’t want this because of the reviews. I sent them all the information including the title deed and a letter stating why we were not interested via certified mail as stated in the fine print and requested an refund within 10 days. Within five days, the refund was posted back to our MasterCard. They vowed by what they stated in the contract if you cancel within 10 days of the purchase date. And the villa that we stayed in were very nice.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I know some may not believe it but besides the full day of being fed and attending a long presentation, let me say that we were there for my birthday. We viewed the rooms and decided on the 2 bedrooms suite. We received show tickets to the Prince show which we enjoyed dinner for 2 at Benihana's, we also received breakfast tickets for the nice dining restaurant, gifts to include a tablet and a bling women's Westgate tank top and a Limo ride on the strip. Each year we have visited our room has been impressive and our view Awesome! And the customer service team have been Awesome! Now the last time we visited and came in late past midnight we did not understand the process of the check in for the members. But when we told them we were tired we received breakfast passes to enjoy their restaurant. Can't wait to visit again this year!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We have been owners with Westgate Smokey Mountain since 1999. Our overall experience has been very good. We have stayed at over the top resorts that we normally could not afford. All of our stays with Westgate over the years have been excellent. Great 5 star customer service, and incredible rooms and amenities. Westgate trade really well through Interval International, and if you put in a request through II early enough we have always got the trades we have wanted. The only reason I am giving a 4 star is during our original sales presentation, there were a few things they were dishonest about, but still have provided great experiences for our family.

We made our purchase to force us to go on vacation even though our budget has been tight over the years. It helps us spread the cost over the year. We pay our maintenance fee in January and get it out of the way, then just have to get there and pay for entertainment on the vacation. I am not sure why the resort gets such bad reviews when we have had so many good experiences with them over two decades. The reason I wrote this review tonight, was during our stay this Christmas they had an owners dinner with a high end buffet that was really good.

We has a picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus. We did not know where to get a copy of our picture, but was in communication all week with our personal Westgate rep through text messages. On our way home she text us one more time to ask how our week went and we asked for a copy of our picture, and just received it in the mail this evening. A high quality picture with 1st class service. Thank you Westgate and our personal concierge Heather for a great week!

Original review: July 5, 2018

We have been Westgate owners for over 20 years. We bought at Westgate Smokey Mountain just after it opened. We have used it almost every year since we bought it. We started with a small unit and have upgraded to what now is a 4 bedroom. “YES” they will always try to get you to upgrade every year (That’s their job). For the Smokey Mountain Resort they have always been professional and very little pressure. They have treated us great as owners. Even with the fires we have been able to get the unit we bought. We have been very happy over the years with the Gatlinburg Resort. THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE 5 STARS.

THAT BEING SAID... We have had a few times we have used the Orlando Westgate Resorts. We live in Orlando and decided to do a stay vacation to save money. WHAT A MISTAKE... I don’t know if it’s the same management or not, but they are HORRIBLE. BOTH TIMES WE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. The last stay was at Vacation Villas. I hope nobody buys there. They treat owners like GARBAGE. It took us 4 hrs to check in. They were getting the people who paid $99 rooms way before owners. We weren’t the only owners getting shafted.

After complaining A LOT we are finally given half of our 4 bedroom unit. After 6 HOURS we finally got our other room. They said the whole time they were waiting for it to be inspected. Come to find out it was ready the whole time. NOBODY CHECKED THE FIRST TIME. We also had went and bought groceries because they said it would be ready. That was only the start. Dirty linen, Bad restaurant experience, rude desk people etc. We will never use Orlando Westgate again. Funny how the corporate office is in Orlando and they are the worse of all the resorts.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?

Original review: June 6, 2019

We purchased in March of this year. Our reason was to save money on cruises. My husband turns 80 next year. He wanted to go to Alaska. I called when we got home and was told it would be about three weeks before that part of the membership was available. In the meantime I called Celebrity Cruise line for pricing. I called Westgate again, 3 weeks, exactly. Asked for pricing on the Celebrity, it WAS higher even with the supposed discount. I called immediately to cancel, they said no, it was too late. I now have my bank involved for a reversal of the charge. Very very disappointed.

Original review: June 6, 2019

We were excited to visit the resort and prepared to invest in a timeshare property because of the amount of money we currently spend on vacationing. Upon arrival, the check in process seemed to have gone smooth until we reached the room. The guest services rep. said our room would be a lake front room on an upper level floor. When we arrived to the room, it was on the 3rd floor facing Turkey Lake Road. We went back to the welcome center to let them know that the room we were promised was not what we had received. The counter rep. and on duty manager were both willing to rectify the problem. They assigned us to another unit. We arrived at the unit escorted by a maintenance person and found the room not prepared for our stay. There were no linens on the bed, no towels, or toiletries in the unit. We called the front desk and they assured us that they would prepare the unit to satisfactory status.

We proceeded to go to dinner in the interim. When we returned, we to found garbage bags with towels and toiletries on the dining room table. The bed in the bedroom had been made. We made the best of it by putting away the towels, etc. The next morning, we had an 8:00 tour scheduled. We arrived to the Welcome Center promptly at 8 am and was not called to meet with a Tour Guide for approximately 45 min. At 8:45am, I inquired as to why we had not yet been called. We were then escorted upstairs to have a light breakfast and meet with someone. The Tour Guide arrived to our table ready to share all the wonderful offerings of the resort to realize that she had been given the wrong customer information. It took about 15-20 min for her to track down our information.

In the meantime, we received several calls from the resort during the presentation as to why we were a no show. By that time, we had spent almost 90 minutes with no tour. We had planned our day and was very displeased at the lack of consideration for our time. The Managers on Duty at the Front Desk and at the Welcome Center were both shocked at the service we had received. We shared pictures of the experience with both managers. We left the escort at 10:35 complimentary shuttle to go to Universal Studios. We did however have a great time at Universal Studios on Saturday. On Sunday, we decided to enjoy the amenities at the resort before departing. We woke up early to go fishing. We checked in, got our reels only to be informed that the ONLY person with keys was not available. The gatekeeper arrived 30 minutes late and offered the waiting customers no apology. This was one of the worst experiences ever.

Original review: June 1, 2019

We stayed at the Westgate hotel in Las Vegas. We were immediately approached by the timeshare sharks. Thought it would be ok to listen so had breakfast and looked at the condos in the hotel. Supposed to be 90 minutes but was four hours, we were promised the gift of 100.00 to Benihana restaurant. We went to pay and Aimee, the manager said not the correct paper for dinner credit. We had to pay out of our own pocket. Went back to complain and they said we received the correct yellow paper, which we didn’t, and we signed for it. We actually signed to get our 40.00 back. Guess we got scammed. I feel good filing complaints with the Federal Consumer Protection and Consumer Affairs. Who do they think they are? At least we might save someone else from this horrific experience. Shame, shame on you Westgate timeshare sellers.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Westgate trains employees to lie and If you don't you will be fired. Cost of units depends on how much they think you will pay. Timeshare has absolutely NO RESALE VALUE. It's a bad financial choice. You can rent from Westgate or online cheaper than annual maintenance fees. Do your research. If you do buy you only have 5 days to cancel. Make sure you do it certified mail to Orlando Florida office. DO NOT CALL THE RESORT. They will only try and trick you in to keeping it. Google Westgate Resorts 2018 class action lawsuit.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My wife and I attended a presentation to gather more information about Westgate. After the tour, we were seated at a table as the salesperson went through the various options. When I told him we would like to research other timeshare companies and discuss our options before committing, he brought the manager over to talk to us. The manager was extremely rude and degraded our intelligence. He stated, “They need to put your picture on the wall next to the owner’s because you’re the first person to need more information.” He then proceeded to try and explain how my wife and I have a lifestyle that doesn’t make any sense, as if he knew us personally.

Finally after getting upset at us for declining, he told the salesman, “Just get them out of here brother.” To make matters worse, when we tried to inform someone of his attitude towards us, they just kept trying to sell. Very poor business etiquette. Is this the type of people you want to spend vacations with? Are you interested in purchasing something for an amount that would buy a house and use it when they let you? If you answered no, then Westgate is not for you.

Original review: May 9, 2019

After participating on a tour, my fiancé and I decided that we did not want to buy into the timeshare (not at the moment at least), we were then presented with another option. The Travelers Program, it was explained that with this package we would receive the exact same privileges as their owners for a future trip. No blackout dates, no hidden fees, etc. So we decided that we would try it, I mean what is there to lose?

Well, all that was a LIE! We were tricked into purchasing the Travelers Program. We have been calling Westgate to redeem our purchase, and it seems that we are NOT allowed to book on their busier seasons. Even though we were assured that it would not be a problem, after some back and forth with the rep she then stated that if we really want to book on their busier months we would have to pay extra. DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS COMPANY, they are liars and their customer service is the absolute worse!!

Original review: May 4, 2019

Absolutely the worse I’ve ever had. Pool bars and activities stop at 7. Room keys work half the time. You will feel dirty just walking into your room. Might as well be a 1 star motel 6. Terrible. Checking out to take my family elsewhere.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Did an online special for Westgate Las Vegas with understanding it was a 45 minute presentation. The tour guide was great until we sat and he gave us pricing. 225k for a 2 bedroom that I would get to use 1 time a year, maintenance fees, HOA fees, exchange week fees... the list goes on. I told him no where he then proceeded to bring out the "finance" guy. At one point he got so heated and frustrated over me saying no and I wanted to leave, he said, the only way you are leaving is if you sign here, slamming the pen and pointing to a signature block.

A manager had to come over and ask if all was ok. At one point I actually felt threatened and finally another person came over and sent him on his way. She too tried to give me another free vacation (with price of 458.00). I was like... "Um that's not free. We just want to leave." 3 freaking hours later from our initial signing in we were able to leave. Never Never will I go to a WestGate property again. They should be ashamed. I am thinking of contacting a lawyer as it ruined the rest of my vacation and gave me a migraine as my blood pressure shot up.

Original review: May 2, 2019

If I could give no stars I would. My husband and I was pressured into buying a timeshare after repeatedly telling them no. I have try multiple times (via phone) to see what option I have of getting out of the timeshare. Since buying it I have been told by multiple different employees/departments (depending on who I talk to or what day of the week it is) that I have no options. Westgate doesn’t buy back, I can rent it out, I can sell it, I can’t sell it, I can talk to a supervisor, I can’t talk to supervisors, supervisors don’t talk to customers, etc. All employees claim to have talked to supervisors and confirmed correct information. Yet every employee I’ve talked to has giving me different information.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We were looking for a good hotel in Orlando for a family of five. We had someone who told us about Westgate and we checked online and booked for a week. We were looking for two rooms of two beds queens bed each. For reasons we don't know we were allocated two bedroom condo x 2 and my credit was charged accordingly. On arrival at Westgate, we noticed that the 4 bedroom condo is not what we requested for rather two rooms with two queens bed and an inter-connecting doors. At this point, we requested to have one of the condo cancelled. The condos was 403a and 404. We asked for 404 to be cancelled. We spoke with the manager on duty, DJ, he promised us he will cancel one for a full refund and asked us to go online and request for same cancellation from Hotwire.

We contacted Hotwire and they said fine. Unfortunately, Westgate, refused to refund or even add the payment to our account as we are extending our stay to another seven day but instead they sold the room to another customer within the same hour. Then came the almight time share. At first, we told the salesperson, "we are not interested in your timeshare," instead, we persisted and held us for more than three hours. When she got to know we are not buying, she became so rude and left us there without saying a word. It was a nine hour flight and our first day in the room was horrible. The entire rooms were dirty, bed bugs and tiny insect was seen hiding all around the corners.

The microwave hasn't been cleaned in years. Under the bed was like a home to dust and canyon of trapped debris. My wife spotted a used condom right there under the bed. We called the room service but they said it was late and there is nothing they can do about that. I and my kids started cleaning the entire rooms. Three days into our stay, we will call for the rooms to be cleaned. We will have to call several times before room service will supply us with towels. For complete two weeks stay in what is supposed to be a 4 or 5 star hotel, they could not even change our bedsheet and duvets. The rugs in rooms were quite dingy and dusty and hasn't been washed in years. I will never advise anyone to go this hotel. A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Initial response was positive with contact numbers provided in an e-mail and a explanation of what I needed to do to ie; phone them and give details of my credit card for the repayment to be made. Maybe my fault but I was unable to contact them on any of the numbers that had been provide, so I replied on their e-mail that I was unable to contact them by phone and I asked for them to contact me. By the next day and not having received any notification I again sent the e-mail along with some additional text explaining that my bank were now charging me overdraft charges on my account and I provided both my mobile and landline numbers for them to call me. Still three days on not any type of communication from them at all. It's disgraceful and wholly unethical that they have my money and are making no attempt to get it refunded to me.

Original review: April 27, 2019

This tour was the biggest waste of time ever! And they lied about the whole thing. We were promised a gourmet breakfast, $100, and that it would only take an hour and a half. It took 3 hours. The food was disgusting! The place was dirty and loud. My $100 was on a gift card that read $0 balance when I tried to use it. The person giving us the tour was rude and obnoxious and they didn’t want to take no for an answer even when I said I couldn’t afford it. This place is absolutely horrible. DO NOT GO!!!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I am here at Westgate Resorts that people know that I'm not going to buy so they have blocked me from taking you to her so they can charge me double for my room and I'm very upset about this process I'm scheduled to take a tour yesterday and when I got there they had so that you are not allowed to have any type of alcohol or drinks which of course I did not know. So they rescheduled me for 7:30 they called and I said I would like to 10:30 spot they said fine, 10:30 I came today at 10:30 and now they're telling me I cannot climb 2 are there is a girl named Charmaine who is blocking me from taking the tour so she can charge me double for my room.

She has disqualified me as they said I called the corporate office corporate offers was dealing directly with her and now they're saying they asked me to take any timeshare tour the problem is is that they know that I'm not going to buy it so they've blocked me and they're not wasting their time to take me on a timeshare to her so I can get the rates in my room and very upset about this. This place is a total rip-off in the people I'm not accommodating at all.

Original review: April 20, 2019

My first and last visit to this particular resort location! We were signed up for the 8:30 presentation and was told that it was going to last 90 minutes, we didn’t finish until about 11:30!! Jose was pushy to try to sell us to buy into the timeshare then became extremely rude when we became uninterested because of the cost, availability which would be fitting for me & the amount of time that it had taken for the presentation. It was very concerning to me his disposition towards a guest, potential owner and prior to my interaction with him, a returning customer. His tactics to sell the property is unacceptable and total turn off! Thanks but no thanks!! The resort is okay but I wouldn’t recommend anyone to sign up for the presentation or buy into this resort based on if Jose is an accurate representation of what their customer service is. Again the resort is okay but not nice enough to also endure that type of service experience.

Original review: April 19, 2019

First off stay away from this company. They are sharks and will lie and say anything to get you to buy their timeshare. We recently went to a Westgate Resorts tour to get a discount on Disney tickets. As usual we went they the tour and listened to their pitch. The sales guys I dealt with promised us a 2 bedroom condo “anywhere we wanted” for $247 or $500 depending on how busy it was. They promised us it would not exceed $500, that it was 100% for sure $247 or $500. 2 months in this has been a complete lie. Our timeshare was about 10k plus the annual fee and all the resorts we have looked at are $1200+ for a two bedroom and we cannot choose our dates. They give you the dates of their choice...

Original review: April 1, 2019

My husband and I were on vacation in Las Vegas when we were approached by men from Westgate in the Miracle Mile shops. They asked if we had plans for the night and we said we were going to the hockey game. They offered us a $125 Mastercard gift card to use if we went to their presentation, we said we weren't interested- They got more guys over and said they would give us the $125, free tickets to a show, and two 3 day vacations. They said it was only 90 minutes and we already ate breakfast so they could get us out of there in an hour. We agreed to go- who wouldn't like a little extra money in Vegas.

We were shuttled up to Westgate and waiting for our presentation along with a room full of other people. We had just ate breakfast so opted out of the food. We listened to our presenter for over an hour, mostly talk about his family and draw diagrams on a piece of paper about what a timeshare is. We were supposed to get a tour of the facility and hadn't left our table after 90 minutes. At 94 minutes and no end in sight I stopped and said, "I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but we have plans for lunch and they said this was an hour and half." Our salesperson demeanor totally changed.

He got very rude with us and said he was not finished with the presentation, that we hadn't even seen the facility yet, that he wished we would never have came in as we weren't serious about it (We had told the men in the mall we weren't interested in a timeshare and they told us it was not high pressure, we could just say no and that they just wanted to show off their facility to get us to stay there- We wouldn't need to buy a timeshare). Our presenter told us he was legally obligated to go through all of the information with us if we wanted to get our money and other items that were promised to us. We were on precious vacation time- already 90 minutes in and the end nowhere in sight, now with a very angry, rude salesperson. We just wanted OUT.

They went and got another lady who came back and checked the time stamp on our arrival- proving we had already been there over 90 minutes. She was nice and brought us to the cashier where we got our $20 deposit back. They gave us a 3 day 2 night voucher- that you have to send in $58 and attend another timeshare to redeem it- NO THANK YOU. We will never again be attending a timeshare by Westgate or staying at any of their facilities. If you see any of these people on the strip just say NO- Save your precious vacation time!

Original review: March 18, 2019

We went online to book two-night stay and got it for $82.00 but had to take a 90min. tour in order to get the hotel discount. Our tour was at 12:30 pm but we were told to be there 15min early so we did and registered but when it came to the time, they change the time to 1:30 pm. We told the agent (her name is **) that we cannot do at the time because me and my wife, the children had plan to do after the 90min tour. The agent told us if we don't committed to the tour, we have to pay $300.00 which they took from my credit card anyway.

Not only that we was qualify on our income to buy the sharetime but after what they did about not abiding to their words setting the timeframe and forcing us to take the tour when it their fault scheduling. It was bad they took $300 what they did to us but I look at a better picture that I could of spend more money on their sharetime to find out later that was a bigger rip off from Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort 1000 Little Smoky Rd. Gatlinburg TN. Sincerely Dallas TX family that drove 16 hour to be con by them.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Hi Guys. My husband and I visited Westgate in November 2018 where the infamous timeshare sales pitches take place. At first we kept saying that we were uninterested until they kept sending more and more persons... It was ridiculous and distastefully desperate at this point. We were kept there for about 3 hours total. Eventually we gave into the Vacation Travelers Program where we were promised 5 free weeks at the Westgate Resorts over a period of three (3) years, along with the use of the Leisure Time Passport. The blatant lies we were told is embarrassing.

The actual use of the Westgate Resort is for 1 week (not 5), over a 2 year period (not 3), and the remaining 4 weeks are for the use of the Getaways from the Leisure Time Passport, which by all means are NOT free or even relatively cheap (please read the fine prints), it may be cheaper to book the resorts directly. We are now trying to book at least the 7 days for the Westgate Resort and they Refuse to book us. They said that the next available date for booking is February 20th 2020, however the website shows available rooms for the date that we would like to visit. Westgate on the whole is SCAM. Please do not believe their lies.

Original review: March 6, 2019

In January 2019 we spent a week at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort. We were curious about a timeshare so we took the tour and heard the sales pitch. Very pushy!! It was actually so bad that I was embarrassed for the salespeople. That's right. People! When you tell them you're not ready at this time they send over another, then another. You get the idea. So to make a long story short, we purchased something called the Vacation Traveler Package. Supposedly we're supposed to get 3 weeks for free with the package, then they give you these Dream Vacation Weeks as well. That's a whole different scam. I won't even go into.

So we get this welcome letter in the mail with some info and a phone number in case we have any questions. Of course we have questions, like "how do I book this free vacation" and "why are we still being charged for a full week when we log onto the Westgate booking site?" Many questions, especially after reading other people's terrible reviews. Well, I called (800) 811-8760 several times this morning. It rings about 5 times then disconnects. I went onto the website and chose the "chat" option. I quickly got a response but after I told them we were ready to book one of these free vacations, nothing! I've been sitting at my computer for an hour now and the chat box is still open, but the rep has seemed to of disappeared. So now I have to spend time and money on an attorney to solve this issue. To be continued...

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We bought into this timeshare with such high hopes. Never did I imagine how much money I would need to pay after I paid out my mortgage. I have just been told that to use my previous year in holding I will have to pay an additional $259 on top of the yearly maintenance fee of over $1000. I am less than happy that suddenly It's my fault I didn't "deposit " my unused weeks. Every other time it was rolled into the next year. So more money to user what is supposed to have been paid for! I can't wait to get out of this crap...if I ever can. So much red tape and so many hoops. It is more than ridiculous. So unhappy with so much more in fees!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have been coming to this resort for 11 years and this is the worst experience I’ve ever had! Once you buy as an owner, they no longer care about taking care of you. Don’t fall for the high pressure sales, run away! There is better service meaning cleaner rooms and response to customer requests from an inexpensive competitor. Orlando Florida Westgate has definitely gone downhill and not sure why. My first room was very dirty. For example, the sheets had stains and hair on them. The dishes were put away with dried food on them. There was a chicken bone under the bed left from a previous person. I had to persist on several occasions to get anyone to make things right, no one reaches out. Next time I come to Orlando, I will definitely not stay here!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

While staying at our friends’ timeshare we were curious and attended the personalized sales pitch. Incredible!!! They wouldn’t give us documents to review, only what they were scribbling in front of us. They told us that we had to make the decision WITHIN THE HOUR and that we would not have another opportunity to buy. We asked for the agent’s business card and she refused, saying “we don’t work like that “. What??? Most of the focus was on how we could make money. No documents, no business cards or contact info, an hour to make an expensive decision. No way!! We went to Disney Vacation Club afterward where EVERYTHING is available for review and WITHOUT pressure. More obnoxious than Westgate isn’t possible.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I am sick to my stomach that I fell prey to this. I have tried to book a week and it is not available. I asked if there were any restrictions and was told, no. I call and try to book but there ARE restrictions. I was told that hotels would be at a lower cost, I can book the exact same hotel at a lower cost directly through the hotel. I am so upset that I gave this company my money and that they have made it their mission to scam people and take their money. DO NOT DO THIS. Please be smarter than me.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

First I want to say these people are professionally trained con artists that take your call! They will tell you what you want to hear and scam you out of hundreds of dollars! My husband and I wanted to surprise our children with a trip to Disney! Our youngest has SPD so it had to take a trip anywhere. So Hotelscorp came up in my inbox and when I called she made me feel that this would be the right time and the right company to use because of our Situation!

It's been a year and I have not gone because they want more money or they want to downgrade the Initial package they told us we were going to have! I have spoken with over 6 agents and each one wants more money! No! I ask to speak with a supervisor and they are in a meeting or they will give me a callback! I haven't heard from one single person! I have to call and call and still we need more money! Please don't fall for their con as we did! Now a nine-year-old boy will be crushed! We will take him to Disney and it will be the best time he ever have!!! I hope they get shut down!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We just bought a timeshare in Las Vegas. We were approached outside a casino and decided to go for the free breakfast and $100 in chips. Breakfast was so-so Continental style fare. True the "90" min presentation turned into 3+ hours. The sales rep was very pleasant as she gave us the tour, the rooms were beautiful. Everything they told us was put down on paper. The end meeting with the "title lady" was recorded as well. I felt treated very well. We haven't used the "service" as of yet so... We'll see.

Westgate Resorts expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Westgate Resorts is a timeshare company that was founded by David Siegel in 1982. The company offers customers more than 13,500 timeshare villas and access to properties at 28 resorts.

• Numerous outposts: Westgate Resorts' properties are located conveniently throughout the U.S., so they are easy to reach for customers no matter where they live. They also offer a diverse range of landscapes and amenities.

• Resorts with amenities: The company offers timeshare owners a huge selection of amenities at their resorts, including soda shops, pool bars, spas, putting greens and more, so traveling to their timeshare property feels like a real vacation.

• Charitable company: Westgate is also a community-focused company, and the company donates more than 2 million dollars each year through the Westgate Resorts Foundation.

• Convenient online account management: Owners of Westgate properties can access their account online, and they have convenient options to pay fees, change membership options, and more.

• VIP owner events: The company regularly throws VIP events for owners, including parties, shows, and more.

• Best for: Travelers with a favorite vacation destination, young professionals with disposable income and large families.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Westgate Resorts Company Information