3.5/5 (161 ratings)

About Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts

Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts?

Original review: May 12, 2022

Checked into Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan, an IHG hotel, on 04/20 and out 04/24. Room payment cleared my account on 04/26. The hotel put a second hold on card after I paid. Then when I complain they put a 3rd hold on. The hotel will not answer phone and resolve this. Beware. They are thieves and liars

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Highly recommend. The staff was exceptional. Kat at the front desk and Cynthia at the bar were our favorites. Even though they were short staffed, like everyone is today, they provided excellent service with a smile. The both cooks called in sick one day and someone from housekeeping came in to cover and did an excellent job. It is also in a great location for Lake Oswego and Portland.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2021

The cleanest hotel I have visited. The personnel at the hotel went out of their way to help and make sure we were having a good time. The food was out of this world and always cooked to your preference.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I've spent many a night at Crowne plaza hotels. Overall they are extremely nice, well equipped and great for short term stays (Long term - Residence Inn, Hands Down!). I put over 600,000 miles in the air every year and typically the crowne plazas I stay at are close to the airports - I get paged/texted a lot when I'm on one of my last legs home telling me to go somewhere else (such is the life of a troubleshooter). Most of the time it's late in the evening/night but the crowne plazas have always gone out of their way to accommodate late meals, drinks etc.

Original review: March 8, 2020

The Crowne Plaza at 9090 Southwest Freeway Houston TX is the hotel this review is for. The hotel staff was wonderful. But the hotel itself did not meet my expectations. The elevators were out my entire stay. The room was clammy (The air was moist as if it were humid but with a mustyish odor) and had tiny insects flying in the bathroom. The sofa bed was absolutely filthy/the cover on the sofa mattress was abhorrent. I requested for the sofa and bathroom to be cared for while we were away. The attendant asked if I would like the mattress cleaned. I advised her that it is in such a deplorable state that I would prefer it replaced. We returned to find part of the upper floors of the hotel flooding Straight down to the lobby. We went to our room (again no work elevators) to be greeted by a roach on the desk. By this time I was done.

I took a shower only to have the tub back up. It had not backed up the day before. I packed my bags, put them in the car and went to dinner. Before leaving I requested some type of compensation for my inconvenience and for the unhealthy and unsafe conditions of the hotel. I was told to speak to the manager in the morning. I left at 4 AM and was given $48 and some cents credit off my bill. I was going to express my concerns to corporate but when I looked on the walls for credentials, I found that the hotel is owned and operated by an investment group. I give five stars for the employees not for the hotel or the condition of it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

This hotel chain is NOT the one you want to do business with, if you experience any type of plane issues and can't get to your destination in time to notify them of a cancellation within their time frame. I have been fighting a $465.00 charge to my credit card since JUNE, for a room my family was unable to use due to a mechanical issue with our overseas flight. I called the reservations department as soon as I knew we couldn't get there, but since it wasn't within the notification period, I'm screwed.

Crowne Plaza is all abut the mighty dollar and it's a shame that I, a first time FORMER customer was told "Our hotel can not warrant going without revenue, which is why your room can not be refunded". I shudder to think how much money they would still be hurting financially without my money. I hope my $465.00 has gone to put food on the table of an employee, since it sure isn't helping me put it on mine. One and done, Crowne Plaza!! I promise to tell EVERYONE I know personally and on social media, to NEVER book a room with you again. If you were too afraid to lose out on my $465.00, lets see what happens when you lose out on even more money.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

When Hurricane Dorian seemed to doom Florida to destruction, I decided to evacuate and, I booked a room for 5 nights at Crowne Plaza White Plains. When I arrived at the airport my connection to Newark had been delayed making it impossible to fly out and all the flights were booked out. Every single connection was booked out! Later they closed the airport. So I contacted the hotel to see if they could at least refund me part of the trip. Not only did they not refund anything, but nobody acknowledged my calls, emails and attempts to contact them!! They left me hanging on the phone for half an hour and hung up several times.

The manager Mr. Nathaniel **, never even answered me and I could o not reach him or anyone responsible on the phone- as I said, they left me hanging and then hung up on me. I had booked through Getaroom, so I contacted them, they apparently got in touch with Mr. ** and he asked them that I send him proof of my delay and impossibility to catch any flight, which I did, but nevertheless he never answered or contacted me! Then I wrote to HQ and they too wrote me finally! That someone would be contacting me in 48 hrs.... and they never did! So they won- they got me “off their backs”. Once they have the money they don’t care anymore about you, beware. I didn’t even expect a refund anymore, just someone to acknowledge my multiple emails and calls.

Someone who would tell me, "Sorry, we won’t refund you." But this company lacks all respect for their customers. I have never encountered a worse company handling customers and I hope their clients realize soon that for them we are not humans who at least deserve an answer: indeed we are nothing to them, just an annoyance if we dare to want to contact them with a request! I am extremely disappointed not only at the manager Mr. ** but also HR. Don’t give them your business!! There are many good companies that believe that service is also respecting their customers.

Original review: March 30, 2019

For the price, they need to step it up significantly. We checked in, went to our room and two guys were already in there! Hauled everything back to the desk, got an unoccupied room, the blow dryer had make-up and other crud on it and I also believe this location has mold. I had an additional odd, double charge pending on my card for a few days, which confirms they don’t have it all together. I have noticed these hotels going downhill, won’t stay here again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

First I would like to say that my stay itself was great! Very clean, nice staff, overall just nice. But after I didn't receive our incidental fee back which was $100 I first called the hotel to see if there was a problem. The man I spoke to said he saw no charges and I should expect a full return within 3 days. I thanked him and waited. After the third day I called their customer service corporate department, where I was told that I had used up my incidental fee. Umm what?!?!

I now have a case number and have to wait another 48 hours for someone else in customer relations to call me back to discuss the charges and try to find a medium. Medium?? Seriously!? I charged nothing so why am I paying for something? We didn't even use the internet! It is super frustrating to have such a nice and pleasant stay to have it be ruined over my incidental fee. A good faith gesture if you will, that in good faith they aren't returning. I've had to push back a bill because of this. So yeah pretty frustrated.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was visiting Beijing and was going to have dinner at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Lido Hotel. I was at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Lido Hotel waiting for dinner at the Matrix Urban Kitchen. I was early and I went in to take a few photos of the nice environment and the untouched food for my memory. Then came a chef grabbed me to stop me from taking photo. I was upset because the staff cannot touch or grab me. I told him to get off me. He kept grabbing me and yelling at me and blocking and tangling me from leaving. There were guests waiting at the reception of the restaurant and saw me being hit and beaten up. The chef grabbed my backpack too. I fight for my way and came out of the restaurant.

I went to the front desk of the hotel to asked for speaking to a manager. The chef with another chef and another big guy in black suit came out to try to grab and beat me at the front reception desk! I got loose and ran out through the hotel front entrance to save my life from being beaten up at the hotel! I called back from the main driveway and called back 01064373388 and talked to a guest service manager Jeffrey **. He greeted me outside the hotel with another lady Rebecca. I explained everything to them and he promised to check the cctv to make sure I did not lie about being beaten up.

The chef at Matrix not only inflicted an injury on me and hurt my arms but also violated four counts of intentional tort: 1. Assault. The chef yelled at me and tried to hit me. 2. Battery. The chef grabbed my arms and physically tried to throw me on the floor. 3. Infliction of Emotional Distress. The chef kept yelling at me. There were many other staff in the restaurant and no one tried to stop the chef from chasing me and beating me. The other staff just watched and did nothing. Only another chef and another manager in black suit tried to follow him and helped the chef to grab and stopped me from leaving so that the chef can abused me and continued to beat me. All the staff were watching a show of a guest being beaten up and chased and yelled at by a chef? 4. False Imprisonment. The chef opened his arm to block me and stop me from leaving the restaurant. He tried to contain me inside the restaurant so he could beat me up.

I have recorded conversation of how Jeffrey ** at Lido Crowne Plaza and how I even kneeled on the floor and still did not believe me that I apologized and the chef still grabbed me, hit me, blocked me, assaulted me, beated me, stopped me from leaving, tried throw me on the floor. I left with a bleeding finger and strangled arm because I was grabbed and tried to be thrown on the floor by the chef.

Updated on 07/15/2018: The guest Service management refused to admit any wrongdoings nor apologize and for betrays. They not only refused to respond to my injury caused by their acts but cursed at me when I called them requesting their response and kept hanging up on me and threatened me not to call them requesting them to respond because they claim in China they consider email as public communications and they will never respond to any emails for any allegation of their wrongdoings.

So basically when you go to a Crown Plaza Hotel in China you can basically be beaten up or killed without any cause nor responsibility of the hotel. They also stated that people not staying in their rooms are not considered as hotel guests. When you visit their restaurants only but not staying at their hotel are not considered. Their hotel and the customer service manager Tina said I will be at my own risk and cursed me not to go to their hotel again or else my safety is not guaranteed because I am not considered as a hotel guest. Warning: Avoid Crown Plaza Lido Hotel in Beijing China and better avoid any hotels in the IHG Group too because for almost two months I still have not received an official reply from the corporate office of IHG after numerous emails and phone calls.

Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts Company Information