1.41/5

39 Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 30, 2019

For the price, they need to step it up significantly. We checked in, went to our room and two guys were already in there! Hauled everything back to the desk, got an unoccupied room, the blow dryer had make-up and other crud on it and I also believe this location has mold. I had an additional odd, double charge pending on my card for a few days, which confirms they don’t have it all together. I have noticed these hotels going downhill, won’t stay here again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

First I would like to say that my stay itself was great! Very clean, nice staff, overall just nice. But after I didn't receive our incidental fee back which was $100 I first called the hotel to see if there was a problem. The man I spoke to said he saw no charges and I should expect a full return within 3 days. I thanked him and waited. After the third day I called their customer service corporate department, where I was told that I had used up my incidental fee. Umm what?!?!

I now have a case number and have to wait another 48 hours for someone else in customer relations to call me back to discuss the charges and try to find a medium. Medium?? Seriously!? I charged nothing so why am I paying for something? We didn't even use the internet! It is super frustrating to have such a nice and pleasant stay to have it be ruined over my incidental fee. A good faith gesture if you will, that in good faith they aren't returning. I've had to push back a bill because of this. So yeah pretty frustrated.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was visiting Beijing and was going to have dinner at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Lido Hotel. I was at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Lido Hotel waiting for dinner at the Matrix Urban Kitchen. I was early and I went in to take a few photos of the nice environment and the untouched food for my memory. Then came a chef grabbed me to stop me from taking photo. I was upset because the staff cannot touch or grab me. I told him to get off me. He kept grabbing me and yelling at me and blocking and tangling me from leaving. There were guests waiting at the reception of the restaurant and saw me being hit and beaten up. The chef grabbed my backpack too. I fight for my way and came out of the restaurant.

I went to the front desk of the hotel to asked for speaking to a manager. The chef with another chef and another big guy in black suit came out to try to grab and beat me at the front reception desk! I got loose and ran out through the hotel front entrance to save my life from being beaten up at the hotel! I called back from the main driveway and called back 01064373388 and talked to a guest service manager Jeffrey **. He greeted me outside the hotel with another lady Rebecca. I explained everything to them and he promised to check the cctv to make sure I did not lie about being beaten up.

The chef at Matrix not only inflicted an injury on me and hurt my arms but also violated four counts of intentional tort: 1. Assault. The chef yelled at me and tried to hit me. 2. Battery. The chef grabbed my arms and physically tried to throw me on the floor. 3. Infliction of Emotional Distress. The chef kept yelling at me. There were many other staff in the restaurant and no one tried to stop the chef from chasing me and beating me. The other staff just watched and did nothing. Only another chef and another manager in black suit tried to follow him and helped the chef to grab and stopped me from leaving so that the chef can abused me and continued to beat me. All the staff were watching a show of a guest being beaten up and chased and yelled at by a chef? 4. False Imprisonment. The chef opened his arm to block me and stop me from leaving the restaurant. He tried to contain me inside the restaurant so he could beat me up.

I have recorded conversation of how Jeffrey ** at Lido Crowne Plaza and how I even kneeled on the floor and still did not believe me that I apologized and the chef still grabbed me, hit me, blocked me, assaulted me, beated me, stopped me from leaving, tried throw me on the floor. I left with a bleeding finger and strangled arm because I was grabbed and tried to be thrown on the floor by the chef.

Updated on 07/15/2018: The guest Service management refused to admit any wrongdoings nor apologize and for betrays. They not only refused to respond to my injury caused by their acts but cursed at me when I called them requesting their response and kept hanging up on me and threatened me not to call them requesting them to respond because they claim in China they consider email as public communications and they will never respond to any emails for any allegation of their wrongdoings.

So basically when you go to a Crown Plaza Hotel in China you can basically be beaten up or killed without any cause nor responsibility of the hotel. They also stated that people not staying in their rooms are not considered as hotel guests. When you visit their restaurants only but not staying at their hotel are not considered. Their hotel and the customer service manager Tina said I will be at my own risk and cursed me not to go to their hotel again or else my safety is not guaranteed because I am not considered as a hotel guest. Warning: Avoid Crown Plaza Lido Hotel in Beijing China and better avoid any hotels in the IHG Group too because for almost two months I still have not received an official reply from the corporate office of IHG after numerous emails and phone calls.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I mistakenly chose a non-refundable rate (listed under best available) and had to cancel my reservation 8 days before the stay to an injury (torn Meniscus). I contacted the hotel and was told, “No refund” and that taking it to management would not change the answer. After numerous calls with Customer Care of IHG (Brand Manager) I talked with 4 different reps. Found out, Hotel Manager denied a refund again via IHG but had the wrong name, thus, number of nights stay and wrong confirmation number. No wonder it was so difficult for IHG reps to find me in their system. Bottom line, USE caution booking with this hotel.

Original review: March 21, 2018

This is the second time I've experience very poor service from a stay at the Crowne Plaza. Once was in Annapolis Maryland when my booked (reserved) room was given to someone else even though I arrived on time for my stay. This most recent experience 3/19 was worst. My experience just solidified that I will never ever again stay at a Crowne Plaza. The room had a clogged sink in the bathroom that I reported, and the staff stated they'd have to wait to do anything about it because they didn't have the necessary tools (liquid plumber) to resolve the issue. I took that, but the other two will never go unnoticed.

Clogged bathroom sink. Horrible food for breakfast, someone really needs to step it up in this dept. I've asked 3 times for a receipt for my stay, and was told it would be emailed to me per their printer was broken. I'm yet to receive that even after calling back and speaking to (Angela) Manager or staffer on duty. This is one horrible place to stay, and although I've been stayed at several of these hotels through the years; I will never ever again spend my money with them, nor will I ever recommend them to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Crowne Plaza Danbury - Absolutely amazed by this establishment! I was shocked by the beautiful decor and presentation! Staff was excellent and accommodating! Everything was spotless clean, rooms, halls, everywhere! It's not often to be pleasantly surprised, I will definitely be back!! Highest recommendation!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

After last night party above my room and all the phone calls that were not dealt with until nearly 3am. Called at the front desk to complain and he reassured me that it will stop. Nothing happened for the next half an hour. Called again and invited him to come to our room and listen to it. He just apologized and the volume was turned down for 5 minutes. Called again and asked him why is this allowed at 2am?? Who are those? Connected people or relatives of some managers? He just apologized again and nothing happened. Finally I called again and asked for the Manager on duty. He was very apologetic and asked if we would like to move to another room (How convenient it would have been!).

I have asked him, why don't you move the party down to the lobby or one of your many meeting rooms? He said he can't. I asked him what kind of a manager has no authority to kick out rowdy guest?? We explained to him that many guest on our floor are here on a conference and it starts 8am so he should re-think his approach. Within 10 minutes he called us back that the guests were kicked out. Finally it was quiet. The staff in this hotel is really friendly and the food is amazing. The cleanliness is appalling. If we have booked it then we would have cancelled it and moved somewhere else. This is not the standard that we expected from Crowne Plaza Kochi as we have stayed in Crowne Plaza in other countries.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The Crowne Plaza in Singapore is a great hotel right at the airport. You don't even need a shuttle. The ambiance is great, they offer good buffet, and friendly people at the front desk made everything better. Will recommend to family and friends.

Original review: May 24, 2017

The Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach Hotel was nice looking and one the beach, sure why not stay there? Because they steal your money, that's why. I was on a business trip and stayed 2 nights costing me $284.63 when they decided they were going to continue to charge me $428.16 not just once, but twice on my card in different months. What the??? Are you kidding me, this is how you treat your customers? The first time I complained and they did nothing, then 2 months later charged me again. Totaling my bill to be over $800. When my bill that I hold in my hand to this day is $284.63. It is really sad, I have told everyone I know about this and refuse to stay at any of their locations. Horrible customer service and they steal from you.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Parked at the Crowne Plaza in Ventura, as I've done for many years. When I went inside to get a ticket to let me out, the manager asked me if I was a surfer. Not wanting to be profiled I said, "No," and put me in a defensive mode. Then as he's walking out to the far end of the lot to let me out. He asks, "WHICH CAR IS YOURS?" I asked, "Why all the questions?" He replied, "It's my job." When I pulled up to the gate, where for some reason he has to manually let me out. He looks in the back of my car and said, "I thought you said you weren't a surfer." I replied, "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?" He then verbally insulted me and told me to never come back or he would call the cops.

I called the General Manager and he said he would talk to him and call me back. He Never did, so I left a message a week later. To this day he hasn't bothered to try and work it out as far as being verbally humiliated, signaled out and profiled. I'm a member of the community and spend my hard earned money all around Ventura including The CP. They have cameras all around and watch to see if you're a guest or just a Surfer parking in the lot. If they suspect you're a Surfer BEWARE your libel to be run out of there establishment.

Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts Company Information