Holiday Inn Express

Holiday Inn Express

3.0/5 (790 ratings)

About Holiday Inn Express

Holiday Inn Express Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn Express?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn?

Original review: May 26, 2022

I had a prepaid reservation for a 2 Queen beds room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Belmont, CA on 5/21/22 for 2 nights through T-Mobile Travel (aka Rocket Travel, Inc.) (Confirmation Code **) but when I checked in, all rooms were booked and they only had 1 King bed. When I stated I had a 2 Queen beds reservation, the front desk clerk stated that their reservation system did not show I had a 2 Queen bed reservation but instead showed "Open room" so I had no choice but to accept the King bed room #311 which was completely unacceptable. When a room type has been reserved and pre-paid, I expect this room type to be "reserved". I don't know who (T-Mobile Travel or Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites) messed up but hotel guests should not have to deal with their error.

Original review: April 10, 2022

Had to cancel a reservation when our flight was cancelled. Despite calling to cancel nearly 24 hours in advance, we were charged a “cancellation fee” — which is defined as the full price of a one night stay. We kept being told by the reservations desk that it was up to the front desk who in turn said is was up to the reservations desk. The strategy was to keep transferring us back and forth until we gave up.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

The hotel is not cared for very well. We had to switch rooms 3 times due to room issues (running toilet, mold, clogged sinks, broken closet doors and broken draws, etc.). The cable TV conked out for a period of time, staff does not seem to care nor apologetic. Housekeeping does not replenish towels or clean the room adequately. There is clearly a humidity and mold issue as the hallway on the 3rd floor smells exactly like a dirty, wet dog. First room had an air purifier/humidity control and we were not comfortable with explanation as we have never had a hotel room that required this. Old spring mattresses are uncomfortable and you have to have freezing cold water hit you to turn shower on as the handle is 18" above the shower floor and under the faucet forcing you to stand in the shower to turn it on. Never seen anything like this before! There are much better hotels in the area! Stay away.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I am still in a state of shock from the experience we had this past weekend with Holiday Inn Express, an IHG hotel. We had driven six hours from out-of-state and just minutes before we arrived at the hotel to check in, we were notified that our reservation was canceled due to "maintenance issues." It was Labor Day weekend in Las Vegas. I made these reservations on June 7th, THREE MONTHS IN ADVANCE. The front desk clerk was callous to our situation and very vague about the "maintenance issues" and I have a hunch that the hotel gave our rooms to last minute customers at a much higher rate.

There was no availability anywhere within miles. We missed our dinner reservation at Mandalay Bay because we were driving around in a panic trying to find lodging. We ended up driving to St. George, Utah that night arriving at 2:30 a.m. and then ended our trip early. A MUCH ANTICIPATED VACATION WAS RUINED, likely due to the greed of Holiday Inn Express and IHG Corporation. Buyer beware! This business lacks integrity.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

If I could leave 0 stars, I would. I booked and paid for a room back in July for this past Friday, September 3rd and selected early check in so my bridal party could get ready before my wedding. We showed up at 11:10am and were told that the hotel booked up the night before and there were no available rooms. When I explained I already paid for early check in and my reservation clearly states check in at 11am, all she said was, "Oh I understand that and I might have to refund you your money." The parking lot barely had any cars in it, so it didn't appear very full.

The manager was pretty rude and instead being understanding and sympathetic to my situation of needing to get ready for my WEDDING and getting us a room cleaned ASAP, all she kept saying is that we could cancel the reservation and refund us and that she's only been working there a week. I told her that there was no disclaimer when I booked this room or warning that the early check in was not guaranteed, nor was there a phone call to me ever informing me that my early check-in could not be accommodated. She then asked if we wanted to wait until her staff could get a room cleaned and I told her I had no other option. She told me it would take no more than a half an hour.

My sister then arrived to also get ready for my wedding and started questioning the professionalism of the hotel and asking why a room was not held for this reservation. The manager responded that they couldn't deny a guest Thursday night for an early reservation, and our response was that they should not offer early check in if they can not fulfill it. I also said I intitally was going to book the room for Thursday night as well but since they offered the early check in, I did not. The manager slowly started stepping out from behind the counter towards my sister while telling her to stop yelling at her, when my sister was not yelling, as if she was about to do something physical.

We then went outside to wait for our room, during which we saw the girl that was supposed to be cleaning a room for us instead come outside for a cigarette and at 11:40 we were told the room was still not clean. The manager still just kept saying she could cancel our reservation. My sister started calling other hotels trying to find us another room. As soon as she did, at noon and an hour after we should have been in the room that we already reserved and paid for, I went to inform the manager that she could cancel our reservation, then she responds , "but your room is ready now." I will never give this company my money.

We had to move all of our bags that had been sitting in the lobby back to our car and drive to the new hotel and I was an hour behind schedule for my wedding. I got to my wedding just in time for the ceremony and was not able to to do any of the bridal party photos at my venue prior to the ceremony that I had planned on doing.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Holiday Inn Express, Vicksburg, MS, Wet Carpet could there be mold?, Desk Chair that was broken, Bathroom door would not lock, Bathroom floor was sticky. The "We Want You To Be 100% Satisfied with Your Stay" sign they have on the wall means nothing to the front desk or the corporate office. We were on a ten day road trip, this was our last night, we had no complaints of any of the other hotels we stayed in. In fact it was a perfect trip. Hate we had to end it on this sour note,.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Spent two nights at Holiday Inn in Clark, NJ at $130./night, the most we paid out of three other hotels. So disgusted to find no ventilation in the bathroom, particularly during a pandemic. Also, we were locked out of the bathroom and had to call maintenance to open the door and then the door would not stay closed. The crud coming from the bathroom sink was sickening. If you don't want to catch anything I would not stay in this hotel.

Original review: April 26, 2021

My husband is a disabled veteran. We attended a turkey hunt in Northern Indiana this weekend. Appalling the Holiday Inn Express in Plymouth IN. Would NOT accommodate this hunt because there were too many wheelchairs! UNBELIEVABLE! NEVER STAY AT A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS if they cannot accommodate disabled people.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Conveniently located in Newport Beach, near restaurants, freeway access, free breakfast and comfortable beds and clean room. Coffee maker and refrigerator and iron board in the room. Quick check and check out.

Original review: April 5, 2021

While booking a room at a Holiday Inn Express, we were asked if we would be interested in a free trip and gift card if we participated in a 60-minute presentation while there. When we arrived at the Smoky Mountain Resort for this package, we learned that we would not be staying there, but at the Holiday Inn Express. This should have been a red flag to us!

At the presentation, we told the staff that we were against purchasing a timeshare because of the maintenance fees, which they were quick to assure us was not something that this membership would have. When we mentioned that we could not make this type of purchase because we were in the process of buying a home, we were told that they would hold the paperwork until that was completed. Nothing they told us was true! We have been billed for maintenance fees, the loan could not be rolled into our home loan, and we are now stuck with this purchase! We have tried to contact Holiday Inn to resolve this but they refuse to help us.

Holiday Inn Express Company Information