2. Travel

Holiday Inn Express

Holiday Inn Express
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5

Holiday Inn Express Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn Express?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn?

Original review: July 15, 2020

Two weeks after we moved into our new home, our water pipes broke in our new home, we were forced to live at the hotel for 3 months while our home was repaired. Fortunately, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, and other than the event itself, we couldn't have been happier. We awoke each day to a great, free, breakfast, which was also the time we had prearranged with the staff to clean our spacious, modern suite. The staff were all friendly, and helpful too. We couldn't have been happier being stuck in the predicament. I wholeheartedly recommend this company!

Original review: July 14, 2020

The Holiday Inn Express is always nice and clean; usually located in an convenient location near an interstate section. Most of the Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in have comfortable medium, firm mattresses. The pillows are okay but I prefer a more firmer pillow. My last stay at a Holiday Inn Express was September 28, 2019 in Chattanooga, TN with family and friends for a surprise birthday party at a nearby clubhouse. There was a sufficient clean and well lighted area for us to gather and a fellowship in the lobby. We had access to several computers that were actually user friendly. Staff on duty were very polite and accommodating. There was a nice continental breakfast and of course, excellent coffee. The price is always is affordable and reasonable. I highly recommend Holiday Inn Express.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Holiday Inn Express is a real nice hotel to stay for family vacation. We have experienced several Holiday Inn Express around the world. The one in Bali Indonesia a resort on ocean is the best we have found so far. It has great ocean view. Service was excellent. Hotel was very clean and the morning breakfast buffet was awesome. We also liked very much Holiday Inn Express in Queenstown New Zealand and Melbourne Australia. One in Vancouver Canada is also great place to stay. Domestically we like one in Colorado. We were never disappointed in any Holiday Inn Express hotel. Great work. Keep on good reputation.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Experience with this hotel chain has varied. In general Holiday Inn Express is a solid hotel that I choose when traveling if my flight is delayed and need to catch an early flight. I travel a lot for work so this is a hotel I always look for and try and book if possible. Canadian Holiday Inn Express hotels are much cleaner and the staff north of the border is superb. I have stayed with my wife on vacation and she also likes the hotel chain and we get a good night sleep. This is a solid hotel chain - just ask anybody who travels often. This is their go to chain for consistency! Only wish the reward nights can be used with better consistency for my wife when we travel together.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Holiday Inn Express which is part of the IHG chain offers a consistently predictable motel/hotel package for the more economical traveler. They are found in cities, airports and on the road. They are no frills but when I travel especially by myself as a mature woman I feel comfortable and safe wherever I have been in the world. Usually staff are very helpful and frequently I have received room upgrades. I have not stayed at one since the pandemic lockdown started in the US but have read their protocols for cleaning which I think are very thorough. I look forward to getting on the road soon.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Horrible customer service since the day before I called to ask a question and the young lady did not want to give me her name. I asked for her name to have a more personal conversation over the phone and she refused. She hung up not once but three times. Second time I called and amazingly shocked I asked her why did she hung up and she said because she did not have to give me her name. Then I asked to speak to manager and she also refused saying the manager was not on site.

I still checked in with my family. I am a traveling nurse and was suppose to be in California for three days. Next morning I asked for the manager and he came out, told him my story and the young lady next to him looked at me and said she was the person I spoke to on Friday. She stood there, lied to my face and the manager saying I gave her an attitude. Which this was not true. I looked at both and told them I was not going to go back and forth with this and that I would call customer relations which I did.

The room we got was horrible. The smell of alcohol and marijuana was so strong. The showerhead did not work. The towels were so nasty off white. The sheets on the bed did not look white like usual and the lobby was dirty. When I say dirty I meant dirty! Debris from outside was in the lobby, napkins and dried leaves. I did not complain that night because I refused for my weekend to be wasted on negatively vibes, the next day we checked out. We have used this stay for the past three years. I will never stay here again and absolutely never recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I had a funeral to go to so I booked a room, the online site said free full breakfast, pool! Well the breakfast was snack bars, orange juice, yogurt and such, to use the pool we had to reserve it, but since we had the funeral services we were on a strict time limit so my granddaughter wasn't able to use it. We set the AC at 60 degrees and still could only use a sheet because the room was warm. I will never book at the centre court in bryan/college station holiday inn.... They need to change the website information and let people know there is NO breakfast and the pool can't be used at out leisure. Otherwise IRS false advertisement..

Original review: July 18, 2020

My family stays at Holiday Inn Express when we can during travel, because the rooms are clean and have everything we need during our stays. The family really like the breakfasts they have here! Checking in and out of Holiday Inn Express is always easy and hassle-free. We can usually find a Holiday Inn Express near whatever route we're taking, and when we can't we sometimes will make sure to veer off from our planned route in order to get to a Holiday Inn Express and stay there.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Holiday Inn Express has been a great experience. So much so that we became members and we recommend it to anyone we know that is traveling. We have stayed at several different Holiday Inn Expresses in the past 6 years and we have never had a problem.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Looks like they need to invest more in renovations because at this time the scale value for the money is not there. The atmosphere is an oldish one with instilling and hard to breathe feeling. Maybe is too expensive to renovate at this time but it needs that.

Holiday Inn Express Company Information