Holiday Inn Express

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On 11-22-2016 I decided to rent a room from a Holiday Inn Express. Now since I own my own business, and usually get a discounted rate from other motel firms by showing them my business cards, I asked if I could also get a discounted rate from their establishment. Now I am not some big corporate business. At one time I asked how do I get a rate from Holiday Inn Express. They said you have to call our corporate office and talk with one of our corporate staff and they will tell you how to go about doing so. I called and got a message and left my business name and left my number, with no return call back.

Now again, trying to do business with them, asked for a business rate with them telling me "we do not recognize that company and cannot give you a discount." So as a small business owner, I RECOMMEND TO ALL "SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS" TO STAY AWAY FROM HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND ALL THEIR AFFILIATES. You will get no-where with them and to take your money where it is more appreciated. And to leave them with just their more important people. I was belittled and should have walked out. Had I not been so tired, I would have. Won't happen again!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

As of Nov 19, 2016, we received a complete refund for the unauthorized withdrawal of $249.00 from our debit card. For this we are thrilled! We turned to the Better Business Bureau, and also the TripAdvisor website through their public review process. TripAdvisor struck down my review yesterday after the refund deposited to our account.

Before working with the BBB, we were told by IHG/Holiday Inn Rewards that we could not get a refund once we gave them our credit card number, and it was very difficult to reach them on the phone. The Manager at the Fort Dodge Holiday Inn Express became hostile in our request to speak to her Supervisor. She never informed us who it was. She also denied that IHG was their hotel's managing agency (which they are), or that the promotion in question was offered through Holiday Inn (which it was). She was altogether unhelpful and unsympathetic. When I noted that this could affect the business relationship between our company and theirs (which is true), she accused me of threatening her. We were maintaining a calm and reasonable tone, so this reaction was unwarranted and adversarial. We simply wanted our funds back, and none of this would have occurred if their front desk had not transferred me to their IHG Marketing Agency after making our reservation. It also caused our family a great deal of turmoil and financial distress. No one needs that while they are in the process of relocating to a new city. She repeatedly denied her hotel's role in the scheme and even suggested the promotion was through some completely different online travel agency. In short, Holiday Inn Express Fort Dodge was a complete dead end. They washed their hands of any and all responsibility in the matter.

IHG did not return our calls. The only times we were contacted by this company was through BBB and TripAdvisor, so my advice is to carefully document your experience, be professional, and appeal to BBB, ConsumerAffairs, and other online review sites that people consult in order to avoid getting scammed or treated badly (It's also a good idea to pray).

Because we ultimately were able to resolve this to our within 10 business days, I am giving IHG/Holiday Inn Fort Dodge an extra star. The hotel stay itself was very good otherwise. I still do not approve of their aggressive promotional schemes, how difficult it is to reach someone who cares about their customers, or the rude way we were treated on the phone in our efforts to restore the unauthorized withdrawal of funds on our own.

It is a very dangerous and unscrupulous position to take that if a credit card number is given over the phone, it implies consent whether or not actual consent was ever given. This is unscrupulous. These are inexcusable and unethical practices for a reputable business like Holiday Inn. Are they desperate?

For these reasons I am considering whether or not I should revoke my membership in IHG's Rewards Program through Holiday Inn, or ever book with Holiday Inn Express again. This experience leaves a very bitter taste behind. I hope they will revise their business practices, stop scheming, and taking advantage of their own customer base going forward.

Shannon of Argyle, IA on

Original Review

After I booked a stay at Holiday Inn Express in Fort Dodge I did not realize they were collaborating with Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) to scam customers out of large sums of money through their promotions packages. I had a nice booking agent and she offered to transfer me to hear about one of their vacation packages. I usually always refuse these, but that night I felt conciliatory and agreed to hear the deal. I did not realize I was no longer dealing with Holiday Inn (perhaps I never was), but I thought I was. The agent explained that the offer was to evaluate one of their new properties and asked me which one sounded good.

I chose Myrtle Beach just to move on to hear the rest of the offer. She explained that after the stay I would submit a rebate form to be reimbursed for the entire cost of the hotel stay which would cost $249 and that I would just have to pay $49 now to secure my deal and I had one year to book with the hotel. She explained the particulars. I felt like $49 was a fair deal and thought that the rest would be paid upon checking in so I gave my credit card number after asking that if I change my mind after discussing it with my spouse, could I get my money refunded- the $49. She said yes. I asked this twice to be sure and she insisted that I could get a refund on the credit card charge.

Once she had my card number, she read back the terms and the credit card charge jumped up to $249. I told her I must have misunderstood her and that I could not afford $249. I told her NOT TO CHARGE MY CARD and that I did NOT want to participate in this offer. She said "Okay" and we hung up. Now my husband informs me today that $249 was withdrawn by IHG anyway!!! I was absolutely appalled and stunned! Moreover, they refuse to refund the money saying that I agreed to the deal by giving my card number! This is absolutely false! This is false advertising and theft! We should always be able to change our minds before agreeing to the deal if there is a misunderstanding regarding the terms!!!

I have filed my detailed account here on this website against IHG, but my complaint against Holiday Inn Express is that they are a reputable hotel line that we had trusted, but they are taking advantage of us by exploiting our trust and feeding us to wolves who are fleecing us and exposing us to financial danger and deceit. They are aiding and abetting this scam agency who is stealing their customers' money! We booked our hotel stay for business purposes and our employer corporation is going to hear about our experience. Our employer is a multinational manufacturing company that has made a deal with Holiday Inn Express Fort Dodge to send their employees to that hotel. We will be very vocal about this scandalous experience and recommend that they break ties with Holiday Inn Express completely if IHG does not act honorably in this matter and refund our full amount charged without our consent.

Both the front desk attendant and manager were beyond unhelpful. Refused to give me a RECEIPT. The AC was broken. I couldn't be moved to another room because the hotel was full, so they brought up an industrial fan from the laundry room, which blew lint everywhere and sounded like a jet engine on the lowest setting. I was told I would receive a discount for my discomfort. I work for a state institution and brought the state tax-exempt paperwork with me so they would remove that charge from my bill. I only got about 2 hours of sleep because of the noise and temperature of the room. To compensate me for my "inconvenience," I was told I would be given a 25% discount (as an aside: this doesn't compensate me at all, since my company paid for the room).

When I asked for a receipt to confirm that the 25% refund and the state taxes had been removed, the desk attendant refused. She had the paperwork in her hand, but would not give it to me. I asked for the manager, who also said that it was against hotel policy, and that I needed to speak with Hotels.com for the receipt. I have never had this problem with any other hotel I have booked through this site. My receipt on Hotels.com does not reflect any of the changes were made, and neither does my credit card statement. They lied, and were rude and disrespectful to boot. Because of my experience, I will NEVER stay at that hotel, or any Holiday Inn ever again.

I was traveling with my 90 year old grandfather who uses a cane and has much difficulty walking. We stopped into the Holiday Inn Express in Wilson, North Carolina on Tuesday the 18th of October at roughly 11:45 pm. As my grandfather checked in he clearly asked for a handicapped room with 2 beds, the incredibly rude man at the desk, who was on the phone the whole time with his mother, informed him the only handicapped room only had one bed never offering the option of a roll out bed. Instead he gave us one of the farthest room from the elevator possible. The shower curtain and tub were dirty as was the rest of the room. In addition the shower didn't work. I cannot express to you my disappointment and frustration with the accommodations and treatment by the staff.

I reserved two rooms at the Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, AL for my wedding. One hour before we arrived, a representative called me asking for the first night payment before we arrived to guarantee we would have a room. I immediately told the rep. that was unheard of practice but I went ahead and paid with my debit card the first night. When we arrived at the hotel, our rooms were not ready! We had to wait three hours for our rooms to be ready and the hotel manager was very rude!

When my husband spoke with her regarding the poor level of service, she provided the option to waive the first night of stay for both rooms but then went back on her word saying she said she could only comp $100 off of each room. In addition to her being dishonest, my debit card was over charged $1k in excessive fees that were inappropriately placed against my bank causing severe overdrafts! When I contacted the corporate office and spoke with 8 people for the same issue, in the end they decided to take the manager's word against what was communicated to my husband. Needless to say, the hotel did not refund all monies that were rightfully mine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn?

My recent experience with Holiday Inn Express in Sikeston, Mo began in August 2016. Booked reservations for 6 rooms for family members that would be arriving from "out of town" for a wedding Oct. 8. I told the reservationist that I wanted a "block" of rooms so that we would all be together. It was for only 1 night but some of our family were driving in from Chicago & Houston arriving that day Oct. 8 & going back home on Oct 9. We were not going to have much time together so every minute was going to be special. We thought - when family members inquired about the reservations (which I had confirmations for) they were told that they had no reservations for anyone by my name! This happened with several family members. I had specified 5 rooms with 2 queen beds & 1 king suite & that all rooms at least be on the same floor.

After several phone calls we thought all was worked out. But when my son from Chicago called the Sikeston Holiday Inn Express, he was informed that we had NO reservations and that family members who had used some of the confirmation # I had given them we not even on the same floors. So I immediately made a trip to the Sikeston Hotel which is about 40 miles from my home. Spoke with the same person - Becky- that my son had spoken with and was told that "I have been expecting to hear from you"!! They had my phone # why not give ME a call when you know that a problem exists?! She made some changes and gave me a vague explanation then assured me that she had everything "fixed" and would e-mail me a new confirmation to that effect. I would have the new info in 20 minutes! WRONG!

1 & 1/2 hours later I still had no confirmation. So I called the hotel again! Spoke with REGGIE who then had me to speak to the Manager - David **. David even had difficulty figuring out the MESS. (Or so he said) BECKY had cancelled all previous confirmations (which we were told didn't exist) including my brother-in-laws reservation (his last name was nelson also). I know this is lengthy but even then it is difficult to really adequately describe the mixed-up, inefficient mess being created. David told me that it was all good and that he had reduced our room rate by $9.

Oct 8 arrives and my son arrives from Chicago to discover that there were no rooms reserved for us!!! SO USING HIS CREDIT CARD - HE HAD TO MAKE MORE RESERVATIONS FOR THE REST OF OUR FAMILY!! My daughter from Houston and her 4 children (teenagers) all shared 2 queen beds! Because

my husband & I ended up with 1 king bed (not a suite)! I had planned for 2 of the grandchildren to share our room since we were only going to be together a few hours! They had driven all night friday arriving about 8 AM on Sat Oct. 8 and were leaving at 7AM on Oct, 9 - To make matters worse - our family was scattered on all 3 floors of the hotel!

Needless to say, I was VERY upset! Reggie tried to "work" things out which was impossible by this time! By this time, I was in tears - so frustrated, exasperated, fed up with the many excuses & tired of the disappointing way that we had been treated by the Holiday Inn Express. Becky, the front desk manager, has an attitude problem & David **, the general manager, needs a lesson or 2 in how to "manage". I question the training (or lack thereof) of the employees.

The room was clean - the bed comfortable. We were told that breakfast was from 6:30 until noon on Sunday. The Houston family & us joined for a breakfast that did not exist! We were told that she was running a LITTLE late! 45 minutes later & a dining room full of guests waiting - we were able to eat. Our experience with Holiday Inn Express - Sikeston, Mo was close to a nightmare! Nothing was done correctly nor satisfactorily. I will not use them nor recommend them again unless some changes are made there.

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Columbus, GA at 2800 Manchester Expressway, from Sept 15, 2016 until Sept 18, 2016. After we checked in my wife noticed a cockroach, on the wall near the ceiling of our room, after we had been there for about 2 hours. We contacted the front desk after discovering the bug and not being able to kill it. The front desk was very cooperative, and they immediately moved us to another part of the hotel.

All appeared to be going well, until on the morning of Sept 18, 2016 when we were packing to leave, I noticed another roach in the second room near our luggage. I know that it was not the same roach that we had seen in our first room, because this cockroach was darker and larger than the first roach that we encountered in our first room. I took some Kleenex and I was fortunate enough, to have been able to kill the insect. I dropped the roach in a plastic cup, and took a photo of the roach with my cell phone camera. We loaded our luggage in the trunk of the car, and drove around to the part of the hotel where the front desk is located.

When we parked the car in a parking space, and opened the door to go inside to check out of the hotel, my wife noticed a dead rat in the parking lot next to our car where I had parked. We went inside the hotel and made the manager aware of the issues that we had faced. The manager became very defensive and she told me that an exterminator comes twice a month to prevent pests. After we left the hotel and entered our car, I noticed that the manager had come out to witness the dead rat for herself. When I attempted to speak to her again, she gave me a nasty look and walked away quickly. I had given her the plastic cup with the dead roach inside of it. When I mentioned the dead rat, she stated that it was more than likely an opossum. When she came outside and saw for herself the problem that I was bring to her attention, there was no more denying the health code violations.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn located in Selma Alabama, woke to bug crawling on the bed, pulled the covers off to check the mattress, found bed bugs. Contacted the front desk. Was told would move us, middle of the night. Move next room. It was dirty so moved to another room, again. Bed bugs found after pulled sheets off check the bed, so moved again. The maintenance man was spraying the rooms with Raid. The housekeeper said they need to get the problem under control. What? They knew. Still had people checking in to this mess. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn and I will contact the Alabama Health Department as well. This is not right. My husband arm had bite marks all over it. The room rate $130 night. All other hotels were booked.

200 south mannheim road hillside Illinois - I came in early on this monday just past. Had everything schedule ahead of time. The hotel shuttle was to pick me up from the airport. It took them 3 hours or more to come get me. And the hotel gave me the wrong instructions where to go to be pick up. I got to the hotel and had to wait another 2 hours before they had the room ready for me. The Rude lady at the front desk ** is not the person you would want to wait on you. I had to ask for my room to be clean every day. Why? The shuttle was very nasty and dirty. But the driver was very nice. This lady should be working in the maid department not the front desk. First impression is the most important one.

I will not stay at the hotel anymore. Fire alarm went off early this morning. We had to run out our rooms with pajamas on. What is this? This has never happen to me. This will be the first and last time never again. I will check out the reviews from now on before I stay at any hotel in the future. And they only want to take off a little bit from your bill. The same people will not be working before the end of this year here at this hotel. Thank you.

On August 27, 2016, I missed my flight and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Charlotte by the airport. In the middle of the night, three men entered my room saying they needed to check the room. I told the clerk who gave me the assistant manager's card, but that was the hotels number itself. I then sent an email to corporate and they emailed the hotel for manager to get back to me. On Sunday, August 28, someone called and asked what happened and said someone would be contacting me soon.

On Tuesday, August 30, I called corporate again and they said they were sending another email to the manager to call me with an update because they want the manager to handle the situation. As of September 1, I still have not heard from anyone. They are not taking my safety and well-being seriously. I could have been killed, raped and robbed. No one can tell me how these men got into my room or who they were. No apologies, nothing. I will never ever patronize another Holiday Inn or any of its affiliates.

My room is by the pool and when I stay in another room you can always hear noise. The walls are too thin. Desk person not very helpful. I stayed in $50 rooms that were better. Can't wait to get out of here but this is where my job put me. Also only one washer and dryer. Am at the Burlington Iowa location.

I got multiple bites, red marks, itching, swelling on exposed areas of my body. I reported and showed them to night clerk who seemed baffled and later showed my arms, hand to the day clerks. Manager got a visual inspection that found no bugs and is planning to do nothing and continue renting out the room. No explanation for why I have so many marks consistent with bed bug bites. I consider this unacceptable to wait until infestation becomes overwhelmingly obvious before acting to ensure cleanliness of room.

Being a fellow employee for Holiday Inn I look forward to one of the perks for working at this establishment. Boy was I surprised to rent a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Pismo Beach Ca. My companion and I checked in and I was given the Employee rate. (Standard procedure is upon check in they take my Id info and if the credit card holder is different they take their info also.) The last day of our stay I had left early to go to attend church. A young lady that runs the front desk named Shelby called our room and in short ordered me to report to the front desk. Obviously I was not returning to the 30 minute drive. Days later I was informed they did not honor the Employee rates. I called and Shelby was rude, accused me of not being there.

Of course when you check in all transactions are fully viewed on camera. I tried to assure her of the fact I checked in and she bluntly called me a liar. I then asked to talk to the GM and she informed me Samuel ** the GM was going to say the same thing. I was to say the least very upset. Waiting a couple of days I and my companion made the trip up there to speak to the GM in person. The lovely Shelby was working the front desk as I asked to speak to Samuel ** who was behind a wall, refused to come out front claiming he was on a conference call. To leave a name and number and he would get a hold of me. That never happened. Their attitude and display of non professionalism was very disappointing. I am still waiting for them to reverse the charges and apologize for their accusations.

I booked a room at the Holiday Inn in Harrisonburg, VA for September 12, 2015. The reservation was for one room and 2 beds, four adults. We needed a place to spend the night, because my 93-yr-old mother needed a rest spot 1/2 between our home and the destination. I went to the front desk that afternoon to check in and put our stuff in our room before heading back out. The lady at the front desk said she had our king size bed ready or us. I looked at the room and it was not what we reserved. The lady, term used loosely, said I didn't have the room I had reserved because I didn't confirm it. I showed her the confirmation number and she said that is not our confirmation number.

I asked "This IS your hotel is it not?" She agreed it was but this was not a confirmation number they have. It was a from Travelocity and they do not have the room I reserved. The only room that they have was the king size. I demanded my money back and she said that she could not do that - nonrefundable. I was livid because she blamed ME for the mess up, when it was all there in black and white what I had reserved. Since I was unemployed and had no extra money to go to another hotel, we stayed there.

A few days later, I received an email wanting me to rate my stay at the Holiday Inn. I entered my unsatisfactory comments about the poor service I had received from the front desk lady, and said even though the room was satisfactory, I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again because of being blamed for their mess up and not being offered a refund of my money.

Approximately a week later, I received a phone call from a representative, who wanted to discuss my recent stay at Holiday Inn Harrisonburg. I agreed. I told her the story and she apologized. I said I will never use Holiday Inn again. She kept saying that she wanted to make restitution. I told her I wasn't interested. I was unemployed, and was looking for a job. I couldn't afford to go anywhere, even if the room was free. She insisted I hear her out. I listened and she said, because of the terrible experience I had in Harrisonburg, they wanted to offer me a 3-night stay in Myrtle Beach free of charge. I needed to put down a $199 deposit that was refunded back to me after my stay in Myrtle Beach, SC. I thought well maybe my niece could go with me and drive and we can eat sandwiches etc while we were there. So I did it.

Fast forward to present time. I made the reservations online and I got a call from the lady handling my reservation. She asked if I made $50K a year. I said no, I was unemployed due to back surgery. She said "I am sorry - this vacation is null and void." I asked her why was a 3-night stay that was for restitution for a bad experience last year no longer valid because I am unemployed - I was unemployed when the offer was given to me. Found out that it was for a vacations club package - I would have had to sit in a 3-hour speech about buying into it. I told, Manuela that when the offer was given to me, the rep knew I was unemployed and said nothing about it. She never said I had to make $50K a year! I said I want a refund of the $200! Money that I could have used (because of being unemployed).

Now I have to jump through hoops to get my refund!!! I will never use Holiday Inn again in my travels. A copy of this letter is going to the BBB, and any website I can find where I can leave a rating about my Holiday Inn experience. The lack of compassionate customer service is appalling to say the least. Blaming your customer on your lack responsibility to your customers.

I called to book room for tournament rate, was told there were no rooms for that rate. I could get a king for $40 more. I went on Hotels.com, they had rooms available. I called hotel back, they still said, "no", so I booked through Hotels.com, but agreed to pay at hotel. When we arrived at hotel, they had many vacant rooms. Told me I basically could pick what floor I wanted since they hardly had any bookings. Hotel charged me more than rate I had confirmed even though I showed them the confirmation email.

While at the hotel, our truck was broken into. Thieves ripped off door handle with a screwdriver, and ransacked the truck, stealing everything down to the change in the ashtray, and my child's school backpack with all his school homework and projects among other valuables. Hotel basically ignored it all. When I asked about the cameras, they said insurance would not allow them to have cameras recording without someone to monitor them. They have 20 signs stating they are not liable for theft in the parking lot. This was worst display of hospitality that I've ever dealt with. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Pathetic!

On 04/15/16 I called in a reservation for 3 nights at a Holiday Inn, I was going to use reward nights for 2 of the nights so it had to be booked in 2 different reservations. The woman from IHG told me to call back 2 days before my trip and have the reservation changed to the reward nights because initially I wasn't sure we were gonna make the trip and would lose the money. So today, 04/26/16 I called to do this. They informed me there were no reward nights available at that hotel. So I asked to speak with a manager, which I spend over 30 minutes on the phone with, and we got disconnected.

I waited and he NEVER called me back. So, I found another hotel in the area that showed online it had reward nights available, so I called reservations and the girl went over the type of room that was available and I told her to book it. She put me on hold for almost 10 minutes only to come back and tell me that room had just been booked. Now, I am 2 days from my trip and I have cancelled ALL reservations with them and will NEVER stay at a IHG property again. I will also, post this complaint on every sight that takes complaints!!! Very poor way of doing business and their reward nights are a TOTAL SCAM!

I booked a hotel stay at the Holiday Inn Express thru Travelocity (both establishments I will never use again). I thought my son would be staying with us so I reserved a 2 bedroom with 3 adults. He didn't stay with us and upon arriving I explained to them so I could get reimbursed the $20 fee for the 3rd adult. They said since I booked thru Travelocity I would have to ask them for the $20. I spoke to Travelocity and they said it was Holiday Inn Express' fee. So I explained to Holiday Inn Express that including this stay we spent over $600 in the last month staying at their hotel and they were not willing to reimburse us the $20, and I was told no because we booked thru Travelocity they would not. Never again Holiday Inn Express or Travelocity. THE KICKER IS - IT WASN'T EVEN CHEAPER TO BOOK THRU THEM LIKE THEY ADVERTISE.

I am in a wheelchair and always go to Holiday Inn Express hotels nationwide because the handicapped room is totally accessible with shower bench. But the mattresses are being changed and they are very high and too soft. This type of bed DOES NOT comply with the ADA standards for handicapped rooms. PLEASE the accessible rooms have to be ACCESSIBLE and I ask PLEASE DO NOT put mattress high and too soft, because as a Gold member I cannot go to these hotels again nationwide.

I want to go to these hotels but with these beds it is impossible. I cannot transfer from the wheelchair to the bed too high, and transfer from the bed to the wheelchair I cannot it is too soft for a disabled person. I had to leave the hotel and not stay for the18 days I had made the reservation. I called today for a reservation and asked to please put normal mattresses (as they were until 2015, I have been customer of the Holiday Inn Express for over 12 years) and the front desk person hung up the phone on me.

Called and made reservations for a "handicap accessible" room at the Holiday Inn Express in Burlington, Vermont. After checking in we discovered that the "handicap" room was at the "opposite" end of the building. We had to walk the length of the building for everything. The bathroom had NO fan, NO heat. The mattress on the bed was so soft it gave us both a back ache. The heater which was located 3 feet from the bed turned on every 5 minutes and kept us awake and my wife had a early procedure at the UVM Medical Center.

Called the General Manager (Nat **) and he informed me that the room was an "oversight" when they renovated in 2005 and thought that they would "possibly" rectify the situation the next time they renovated. We have stayed in Holiday Inn Express in many states from VT to Florida, but this is by far the worst room we have ever had. We are a rewards member and they did not have our info on their computer, so no comp's. We will write corporate.

LET ME TELL YOU A STORY: Called the Holiday Inn main phone number, received a quote, then contacted the hotel in Brady, Texas, reviewed with the front desk clerk, but when sent the quote by e-mail it was incorrect. Finally, I believed I had it straightened out. So, we get to the hotel and I check again, and quote is incorrect. I write on the invoice incorrect pricing and review later with the manager, and the general manager... But they still would not correct. The clerk that starts @ 3:00 p.m. is rude and unprofessional. Don't waste your time booking at Holiday Inn. You will get a nice room right down the street at the "Best Western!!!" Brady, Texas Holiday Inn - Stay away... Go to Best Western!

We visited the Holiday Inn Express in Indianapolis on March 25th. When we went to check out my husband went to put some stuff in the vehicle and it was gone. The area we parked in had cameras aimed at the parking lot. When we asked to view the footage on the cameras we were told the cameras were not functioning. When we called the police the hotel staff said that no one had seen the truck, a lifted F250 full 4 door extended bed truck. (It stands out.) Once the police arrive suddenly an employee remembers parking right next to it. And the non-functioning cameras are now for surveillance not security. So they apparently work but do not record. The owner never showed that he was surprised about the theft or showed concern or empathy for our situation. The least he could have done was apologize that this happened to us on his property.

We stayed two nights the first morning. We were told full breakfast. No coffee, no food, only bread and bagels. Several asked about pancakes and the lady didn't even fill it. We overlooked it and then the next morning when Down we asked about pancakes. She again didn't fill it. Coffee was empty again, we watched the lady with a cleaning towel wipe down the table next to us. Then saw eggs on the floor, she cleaned up the eggs with the same towel, then went over to trash can. I thought she was going to throw the towel away, no. She shook the eggs off and then starting cleaning the tables and counters with the same towel.

We complained about the coffee pot not working in room. They acted like we were stupid. They said someone would look at it. Ok then the next morning it didn't work again. We told the man at the desk and complained. I work with food safety. I was surprised since your score was a 97%. I would like to hear your answers to the complaint.

We stayed at Holiday Inn in Denver Colorado at 3333 Quebec St. 7 day later someone from that office ran our credit card and stole $103. When we called the office NO ONE got back to us.. We called Customer Service line.. and just laughed at us...

Made a booking at a holiday inn in Cherokee north Carolina through booking.com. Make this reservation one month in advance and never imagined it was non refundable and did not notice this when I booked it. I tried to cancel a few days in advance and the holiday told me it was up to booking.com and booking.com told me it was up to the holiday inn. I made 6-7 phone calls and even had documentation that I could cancel up to 6;00 the day of the stay. Holiday inn finally admitted that it was their computer system that would not allow them to refund the charge. He said no one in the company could override the charge even if I had it in written. So completely unethical.

Really do not feel comfortable in the new room style of the Holiday Inn Express. The new design feels like you are sleeping in a hospital waiting room. It is too cold and uninviting. Hardwood floors?? Really?? Some people are used to that warm and fuzzy feeling and like to be comfortable in a hotel room.

Planned a trip to Florida for business and also for personal reasons (all in the same trip). Made reservations 1/16 and 1/21 trip was planned for 2/4 thru 2/7. Changes out of my control happened and tried to cancel and rebook with HI Express in another City (not a different chain, same chain) and was told too bad, I lost my money. Almost $500.00 to be exact. Because I booked early to lock in best rate I could not get a refund. I am livid! Even called corporate and was basically told "sorry Sir, nothing we can do."

Well being in a customer service oriented business for 35+ years there was something you could do. I will NEVER STAY at any location ever again, nor will I EVER book the 500+ employees I regularly send for service training at any of your hotels. I may be out $500+ dollars but you will be out thousands! You have lost a ton of business!

I made a reservation for my son and when he presented his ID and the confirmation number the girl at the front desk said they could not accept his reservation. My son called me and I talked with the clerk and I was told I had to fill out a form confirming and authorizing the credit card transaction even though I already had a confirmation number. She was rude and my son told me she was very rude after I ended the conversation and insisted he leave while laughing at him.

Holiday Inn Express - 1305 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19107. Made a reservation on 18th Nov 2015, canceled same reservation on 23rd Nov 2015 (This was for a stay on 4 Dec 2015). The reservation was canceled 12 days prior to the stay. However since it was an "Advanced Purchase" it is Non-Refundable. We have lost $675 and have no recourse. What a scam. STAY AWAY FROM HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS.

I checked in to your Hotel without reservations on 11/19/15. Quoted 114$ for the room. The man behind me got his for 45$. The desk person was like a robot. Not personable, just eating Oreos. Asked for a room with two beds. He checked me in, went to the fridge, and gave me 1 bottle of water. Hello? 2 people, 2 beds. Got to the room, asked for blankets, "sorry we only have 1". Went to the lobby the next morning for a quick bite, coffee didn't taste like coffee, the juice was unrecognizable. The food was disgusting and the cereal looked like it had been run over by a truck. All crumbs. Horrible stay, will NEVER stay again. In fact, I think a refund is due.

We stayed at your hotel in weatherford, oklahoma on 11/20/15. We given room on second floor and told breakfast was from 630 to 900 but told we needed to get there by 730 as two ball teams were there and would need the whole dining area. Walls were so thin in our room that we could hear the people next to us use their bathroom toilet, heard their alarm clock go off at 530, then the tv go on and their conversations. People were going up and down the halls all night. Had been on the road for 11 hours and it is now 950 at night and just wanted a shower and nice bed and good nights sleep. Got only one out of three then were charged astronomical rate for us being seniors.

The breakfast was good. Stayed at this hotel because on tv it says "you will never have a bad night with us". Sorry but thats not the truth. Have stayed in lots of motels but think that this is the worst one ever. Dont think we will ever stay in Holiday Express Inns again. Know there are better ones out there had recently moved so address on check in papers is different than present address. Would like a response to this review at email address given.

Holiday Inn Express Company Profile