1.09/5
Based on 32 reviews that contain star ratings

57 Westin Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Lazy staff and taking a lunch break when a big line of customers waiting. He admitted and laughed about it and his manager was either dead or just plain dumb or last week on the job. Real sad. Going back to another smaller but efficient hotel chain.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I made a reservation at Westin in Huntsville AL and canceled my reservation within 24 hours. I still was charged for a full stay. The billing agent Nicole was awful to work with. I would never stay at a Westin or afflicted establishment based on her rudeness alone. Never received an email cancellation notice and of course they said there was no record of my call to call.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This Westin Resort Fort Lauderdale charged my credit card twice for a room I had prepaid for before even arriving. According to reviews on Booking.com this facility DOUBLES CHARGES PPLS CC’s OFTEN. I called and spoke with Xavier the GM for about 30 minutes and he assured me he would be refunding the two erroneous charges. Needless to say I ended up disputing it with my bank, as he never kept his promise, and my bank has placed it back on my statement 2 months later. I call the resort to see wtf is going on and I speak with Xavier who says HE HAS NEVER SPOKEN TO ME AND HAS NO KNOWLEDGE OF OUR CONVERSATION even after I gave him details about our conversation such as the fact he told me he had recently purchased a house with his wife??? The man tells me he is not a homeowner and has no wife. Meanwhile I’m looking at the notes I made in my phone from when he and I spoke.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Do not stay here. This place is the worst. I had to wait 45 mins for my room to be ready. I spoke to a manager Kim who told me the rooms weren’t clean so I had to wait. When I got back to my room at night the bed sheets had blood stains on them. I called the manager Yesir & the housekeeping manager as well. They both came to my room. Changed all the linens in the room. The morning after everything was changed I woke up to a bed bug on my arm sucking my blood. All the pictures are proof.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I was scheduled to stay at the Westin in Union Square on Saturday 10/7/17. My two year old daughter fell ill earlier that week so I called on Thursday 10/5/17 to cancel my room. They have a four day in advance cancellation policy which I fully understand. The reservation clerk explained that due to my toddler falling ill, he would put in a request to billing to reverse the room charge. I was very appreciative and told I would hear from billing within two business days. That was over a week ago and still haven't received the "guaranteed" call. I checked back in with the hotel on Wednesday 10/11/17 and was told I would hear from billing in 2 business days as they were putting an "urgent" note into billing. Still waiting for the call... I understand the policy but would appreciate follow up that is promised. Having stayed at Westins countless times throughout the United States, I am disappointed to say the least.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starwood Hotels & Resorts?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Lobby is great and rooms are just okay. The bed were comfortable, but there were very many visual things you could see that needed cleaning. One of those musty smelling type hallways and rooms!! The Westin in Westminster/Broomfield definitely needs some updating in the hallways and rooms.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Westin Riverwalk San Antonio - Van Halen pretty woman. Hotel is nice, well located, small rooms. At first I was impressed by how friendly the two young women managing the front desk handled my check in. During that initial interaction, one of them asked at what time did I intend to check out on the next day, and I said around 10am since I was heading to the park with my party. The 4 of us were listening to her instructions about the hotel. She said "well, great! Make sure you enjoy your breakfast, it's included!" We were surprised since that reservation was made with points and I was pretty sure it did NOT include breakfast, I questioned her 3 times and she insisted it was included.

Next day, the 4 of us go down for breakfast (which was weak, basically powder scrambled eggs and fruit on the "included buffet"), we had our meal and upon checkout, here comes the surprise. The SAME two girls managing the front desk, I give them my keys, and they try to charge me ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS for 4 breakfast buffets. I pointed at them and said that they were the ones that insisted it was included. They didn't say a word, didn't offer to resolve, and called the manager, Mr. Brandon **, who 10 minutes later came into the discussion just to look at the computer screen and tell me "Sorry sir. Your reservation does not include breakfast".

Is this being a manager? What did he manage there? I was pointing to his employee and challenging her to step up and own it, I had 4 people that heard her insist that it was included, and she was basically smiling at me and not saying a word to save her day and ruin mine. After 30 minutes and close to lose my mind, I had to leave so I didn't lose my park opening time, but it surely ruined my day. Thank god I won't miss $100, because Westin probably needs it badly.

Original review: April 20, 2017

I took a vacation with my 21 yo daughter and 2 yo grandson 3/18/17 through 3/23/17 at which time we stayed at the Westin Hotel located in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. We booked a stay at the Westin for the aforementioned time period. It was spring break so the high price of our room (about $300 dollars) was expected. Upon arrival at the Westin, and upon checking in, we were informed of a $39 per day Valet fee. We were also informed that we would be billed $40 per day for a "resort fee". We were informed that this fee was for the "privilege" of using the gift shop where a 12 ounce Diet Coke price was $3.57. It would also allow us access to the fitness center. We "sucked it up" and accepted the unplanned additional approximate $400 for our stay. Admittedly, one morning our room was "unusually messy" for which we provided the maid with a $20 tip.

Upon checking out, our billing was remarkable for a $250 "cleaning fee" for the said "messy room". The night before our departure, my 2yo grandson spilled some red punch on the room carpet about the size of a basketball (No more than one percent of the total carpet area). I scrubbed and did my best to remove the stain but was only partially successful. Some 36 hours later, my credit card was charged $650 for replacement of the entire CARPET. My outrage for the absurd charges fell on deaf ears. I initially spoke with Robert ** (concierge) who was actually a total gentleman but was powerless in terms "negotiating" the ridiculous charges. I did explain that one day our room was not cleaned despite a request to have it done.

The maid (** female with a European accent) never came to our room for the said cleaning request. She was the maid assigned to our room for the entire stay and hence was apparently the person who advocated the described charges. Mr ** did provide me with the name and phone number of the manager who apparently had the authority to "broker a deal"for the charges. His name was/is Neal **. I called him on two separate occasions and left messages on his voice recording stating my concerns about the outrageous charges and poor service. I provided my phone number with a request for a return call on both occasions but received none. I will NEVER have any further dealings with the WESTIN HOTEL and would recommend boycotting this very greedy corporate entity by the readers of this review.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

My family stayed at the Westin Desert Willow Villas from August 24-28 and responded to an emailed special offer. After we had booked our stay, we were encouraged by the concierge, Patrick ** to upgrade to a 2-bedroom villa because we wanted to get away from some of the construction on the grounds. There was never any mention of any additional fees associated with this upgrade. After reviewing our credit card statement, it turns out that we were in fact charged for the additional villa in the neighborhood of $900. We are a family of three and never would have agreed to any upgrade for any extra cost because we did not need the extra space. After contacting the resort to explain that someone had pulled the proverbial bait and switch on us, we were told by management that they would not waive the fee and went so far as to respond something to the effect of we should have known better.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I stayed at The Westin Hotel in Saint Martin (or St. Maarten), owned by Starwood Hotels, and managed by the Dawn Beach Club until I found ants all over the kitchen, then cockroaches. The place was so dirty and disgusting. So I elected not to buy only to find that the Dawn Beach Club fraudulently charged my credit card. This hotel and the staff that work there are a complete scam.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

Stay away! Worst customer service ever! In a nutshell, The hotel was under "renovations" no said we would be listening to jackhammers and heavy equipment while on the beach! Sunday night we received a notice that the water would be turned off for 24 hours. That night the air conditioner went out. We did not get hot water for over 48 hours. They moved us to room 189 NO HOT WATER. A trip to the emergency room because of a broken vase. The Westin, SPG and Cheapcaribbean.com should all be embarrassed! Not one of these "fine" companies have responded to my complaints. They don't want happy customers. Well there's a thing called social media. I will tell this truthful story to anyone who will listen. Stay away from the Grand Cayman Westin! You have been warned!

Original review: July 25, 2016

I am a college professor and traveled to Tampa to celebrate my mother birthday. My room was charged for smoking marijuana and I don't even smoke. While checking out and was asking why my card was ran twice. The story went from a manager added a smoking fee, to the head housekeeper, to three managers checked the room. Then Blaje ** refused to check the room and threatened to call the police. I told him to go ahead and he walked off. This was the epitome of racial profiling.

Original review: July 22, 2016

When I checked into the room the room was smelling terrible very bad. When I realized it was throughout the room I got frightened. I complained. I got moved. There was so much chaos and stress in the hotel. There are a few really good staff but the bad ones feel entitled to make the customers stay difficult. I mirror others. That's what I do for a profession. I had such a bad stay that event I was supposed to be at became negative. There was one female staff who is a very bad for the hotel. I would not stay there again.

Original review: July 3, 2016

Worst experience of our life thus far as a family. This is not as family friendly as it appears. EXTREMELY DECEIVING. My husband and I decided to have a "staycation" at the Westin Kierland Resort and Spa over the 4th of July holiday weekend. The BIG CHILL looked inviting with all of the children focused activities. We have a teenage daughter, 15, one 13, and then our oldest granddaughter, 11. As soon as we checked in, the kids were excited to get ready and run to the pool. I took my wedding rings off (worth over $15,000) and another ring off (valued at over $500) to apply sunscreen lotion on the girls. I set the rings down on the round coffee table. I assisted the girls in getting ready, and then off we all went to the pool. When we returned, the rings were GONE.

After looking feverishly for almost an hour, a security guard came to the room and took our statement and was polite enough to tell us that he would have our dinner comped if we wanted to go ahead and go out and get something to eat. That was nice. Dinner was AWFUL. Then we came back to the room around 9:15pm, and got ourselves ready for bed. As I was taking a bath and my husband was on his laptop, the girls were braiding each other's hair and flipping through channels trying to find something to watch. Are you ready for this? ** WAS OPENLY AVAILABLE FOR THEM TO ACCESS.

Now, as a grandmother of 11, and a mother of 6, I know all too well the dangers that lurk in the dark. At my own home, I can control what comes into my home, and I try and provide a safe environment for my family. It's my choice to do so. What type of company openly provides access to ** to minors when it takes a specific age to just buy a ticket to watch an "R-Rated" movie? THIS IS DISGUSTING and UNACCEPTABLE!

They took the choice away from us and decided upon themselves to provide that garbage to minors! It's not like we can do what Hillary Clinton did and wipe our children's servers (their brains) clean. I can not undo what it is they've witnessed. No hard drive to erase. When we checked in, NO ONE ASKED us if we wanted parental controls put on specific channels. NO ONE told us that after 9pm ANYTHING can be accessed. When making a reservation, they made sure to ask us the age of our children. Knowing they are minors, wouldn't you think they would ask if we wanted access to adult content in the room? NO ONE ASKED US!

THIS IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT! We immediately packed our belongings and left the facility. We requested a full refund, and guess what? It will take 10-14 business days to get the refund! Unacceptable. I would not and could not recommend this facility to anyone for anything. We are currently waiting to hear the outcome of the STOLEN PROPERTY and are in hopes that they do the right thing. From a very unhappy family... Don't waste your money, your time, or the safety of your children or your jewelry.

Original review: May 16, 2016

This company is not consumer oriented. Would not cancel one room for one night, one week from day I wanted to cancel. I will never use this hotel chain again.

Original review: April 30, 2016

On April 27th, we arrived to check in and they told us our reservation was not until May 8th-9th, and full 2 weeks later. This was a booking error with Hotels.com and we take some responsibility with this also. We asked if they have rooms for 'tonight' (April 27th) as we stood there with our bags. Instead of the $135 rate she said "I have rooms but it will be $495!" I pulled up Hotels.com in front of her and their rate was $355 for this same night. All in all... they would not cancel and refund our May 8th and 9th reservations. Charging us a total of $500 (3 rooms, 1 night) for not even staying there. And they have 2 weeks to resell 3 rooms at a higher rate! Ridiculous. We found a much better situation down the street near the airport. These guys are total con artists and clearly get paid to find coverages to charge customers. WARNING! Stay away from Westin! SF Airport.

Original review: March 2, 2016

I'm out $100 for paying for my valet parking... I swiped my card and they charged my card in connection with the room. No one will return my calls from accounting and no one from accounting will answer the phone.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

My husband "Frankie From Philly" is a reality TV star on TANKED, and even without projecting any sense of this, we got horrible service, even though they tried to play up the name. We have gone through disputes and are currently going up the chain of command with this within the Starwood name. We didn't want to use the persona, but when no one is listening, we felt social media and consumer reports might brag their attention instead of sweeping us under the rug.

We would like to thank you for the hospitality during our stay at the Westin - Lake Las Vegas in order to accommodate our wedding held there May 15th, 2015. Being able to marry each other in such a beautiful place was such a delight to us and our guests; and would like again to thank you for the pleasures we did have. Unfortunately, there was a lot of issues that happened during the course of the week we were there, which needs to be addressed and rectified as soon as possible. Please take in consideration of the errors stated below and the after effects.

Room Rates: The guests rooms were stated that anyone involved in attending or a part of our wedding will be charged $99/night; to which we had discrepancies within communication between Westin staff members on what the rate was and expected to be charged, prior to the wedding dates. We had to argue, after the fact, people were being charged different rates, charged for rooms that were cancelled or edited via email communication with ** (Wedding Coordinator) and ** (Hotel Manager), and rooms were given away to another party.

One example would be being the charges of $129/night or more for a room they were told would be adjusted down to the $99. Another, a guest being put into a single bedroom when requesting a double bedroom that was wheelchair/handicap accessible. To which it took an argument headache and time for them to have. Additionally, another was charged for not even being in the room, nor having checked into the room, and was stated so on the adjustment notes. We do, however want to thank you for comping our rooms and adjusting the rates that have been fixed. It was again a headache for MOST of the guests, to which those people are reluctant to revisit your location or recommend it.

Missing Items: Every single box and package we brought in was clearly labeled of where it was to go, and what was in the box, and where it needed to go after if it had to be repurposed. Everything was on the accessories list that was emailed out prior to arriving. Groomsmen's gifts were missing after they were dropped off the with hotel staff. We are grateful they credited us the value of the gifts, but yet it does not cover the cost of the fees and shipping costs of the new items. Nor the embarrassment of sending gifts out after the fact, as they stated they felt forgotten.

Other items that were not returned to us included the 298 floating lanterns that were intended to be used as a transition of the end of night for the kids, and float the away outside; nor the sparklers and matchbooks to light the lanterns. We also had a thumbprint ink pad that was never displayed and wasn't in our inventory upon return. This being said, the wishing tree painting was never used.

Included in this list, is also the 60 white stem roses that were to be used as part of the centerpieces of the reception area. Since they were not used, there was a bucket full of grossly bloomed long stem white roses stored in the fridge with the rest of the flowers that were never returned to us. When we were looking for a missing phone for one of the guests, the Banquet Manager - **, had a bouquet of our lilies and roses on his desk and when we noticed them in his office, and pointed it out he said "Yeah, I saw them out there and didn't think you wanted them anymore", also stating that he would return them; but when we fetched our belonging later to take home, we saw the vase of flowers with just the lilies and not the roses. We also asked for the cake, to which the staff neglected to give us the cannolis that went with the cake. There were 200 cannolis to which only a few were displayed at a time and consumed.

Ceremony Area (Beach Front) Issues: We understand that weddings don't always start on time, and therefore lost a good 30 minutes or so for last minute adjustments, getting guests in their seat, etc. Though, most of the guest didn't know where to go until a few family members volunteered to usher people down to the beach. Since the allotted amount of time passed by, it was obviously noticeable that nothing was set, as the entire box of decor was still sitting in the back of the Casablanca Ballroom in the service hallway, where the other items were stored.

The aisle runner was never placed, and when found, wasn't even out of the packaging and still in the box. Unity vases, two for sand, one for mixer, and sand itself was not placed on the table before the ceremony until a family member noticed they weren't there and ran to get them and place them on the table along with the flower petals and basket for the flower girl right before the wedding party started walking down the aisle. That being stated, the vases couldn't even be found and had to use rocks glasses that were picked up from that service hallway.

Additional Items not displayed nor used at all include the clear charger plates for the groomsmen to hold full of candles to place in the water; and the candles with the floaters that were to be placed in the water. This cut the ceremony time down, to which gave one of the main reasons to having the ceremony on the beach in the first place.

Kids Reception Area and Sleep Over party: The DJ did an amazing job keeping the kids entertained, but there was boredom from a few kids because they didn't want to dance or play tag. We had brought a selection of things for the kids to do by age, and the box clearly labeled where to go was never brought out and used. The following items were not out and displayed to be used or switched to the Sleep Over Party Room: 1. board games (3) 2. bubbles (4 Large containers) 3. glow sticks (60) 4. movie decor (about 6) 5. popcorn (1 Large Bag) 6. popcorn bowls (3) 7. movies (10) 8. toy microphones (7)

On top of the items not used, there was a communication error between the Westin Staff with handling the nanny service. Per our conversation with ** during our walkthrough, there was to be a designated staff member making sure the kids were signed in and monies were collected, and handed to us to pay the sitters. The nannies are not allowed to collect funds, and it was addressed and promised it would be handled. During the time stated on the Time Line we emailed to the **, who replied that the staff will have a copy, the kids were suppose to be escorts with the nannies to the Sleep Over Party. Only 6 showed up because no one knew where to go or who to pay. Therefore, no funds were collected, no party was really happening because the games and movies weren't able to be used/watched.

Set Up and Maintaining Issues: The Westin Staff was turning vendors away for them to get started at their designated start time. As we were working on our end to get the wedding prepared, ** told us to keep working at it, as everyone else has already started. What we discovered was that the vendors were told they weren't allowed to set up until our morning meeting was concluded. This was not what we were told, and had to hear it from the vendors ourselves. That being said, they didn't have the appropriate time to get everything completed. Which reflected poorly on the vendors on the guests who are potential clients, and poorly on us, as they have made it quite clear that they did not trust that they would be paid, and refused to work for us again, or accept referrals from us.

Also during our walk-through, there was no power for the vendors to be able to be set up in time at the outside reception area, nor the ceremony area to be ready at 5:15 PM start time. And since we were over on time from being an hour + behind, they refused to stay late. We also had to cut our group photos down in time, not getting all the group photos we asked for. We tried to do some during the ceremony but the schedule was not kept up, and eventually rushed through a lot of the dances and events in attempt to catch up.

The roses and lilies were suppose to be cut two days before the wedding, and when the bridesmaids reached out to figure out where to go to cut the flowers, ** didn't get back to them and so the flowers weren't cut, in order for the flowers to bloom properly making the centerpieces look unfinished. A few of the bridesmaids waited for a return call and stayed at the Westin where the flowers were stored, and had no way of getting back to the fridge to do so.

Reception Issues: There was plenty of items that were not displayed or given out in time: 1. The memorial table display which included the tri-fold, my deceased mother's Mother of the Bride Flute, rosary beads, and some of the white roses 2. The place cards 3. The card box that was at the reception area. (and the above mentioned) 4. 298 lanterns didn't go out for the reception 5. Sparklers and matchbooks (300) 6. Ink pad for the thumbprint tree 7. The 60 white roses that were never used

During the preparations of the wedding, we were working out the placement of the people, and had numbered the tables next to the name, and had another sheet of table numbers and the person who sat there. We had the opportunity to start putting the name tags on the placards but handed it over to **, who gave us the verbal that someone would handle it and get it done before the reception started, and because it wasn't, the leftover available time for group photos didn't get done with the photographer because the Westin team, friends, us, and bridal party wasted a half hour trying to put it all together, making everyone wait in the hallway, then ended up being a free-for-all, and not displaying the cards, when they couldn't have remained out for souvenirs.

When the place cards were handed off to **, so was the CD of our first dance, and my MacBook to finish downloading the videos that were to be played during the procession into the room and the memorial song for those whom have lost. They had many errors with this, as the DJ asked for a VJA cord, to which ** replied they would provide. When the time came, the internet wouldn't allow for full download, and when it finally would allow to be played, they did not have the port for a Mac, only PC.

We did not see a dessert table that was supposed to have chocolate fondue and a variety of desserts. If it was displayed at one time, it went unnoticed and too late in the evening when the majority of the people had already left. We did not see it, and the guests we spoke to didn't see it either. We had told the guests they could take the bottle we designed as thank you gifts. The staff had told those who attempted to take one that they were not allowed.

Price Issue: On the price list, the service fee is understandably gratuity based on retail value, but do not have the breakdown on the retail value in order to see if the gratuity is correct. Also taxes should be based off the monies spent on the first subtotal, and not be based off the subtotal plus service fee on the retail value; in another words, we should not be taxed on gratuity. Thank you for review this letter with concern and taking into consideration rectifying the issues at hand. Please let us know what measurements will be taken, and how we can better mend relationships for future guest services.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

SCAM!!! I travel every month and this hotel is the worst hotel in my life. I had a long transit at the DCA airport on Aug/4/2015, so I made a reservation at The Westin Crystal City to take a nap. I already prepaid and when I got to the hotel, they refused to check me in because I had a temporary credit card (I lost my card on the trip so my bank quickly gave me a temporary card). So I asked if there is any other option because I got $2000 of cash with me too, but they just asked me to leave. When I asked for the refund on the $200 I prepaid, they said I booked a non-cancel reservation so they could not do the refund.

I had to go to the hotel next door and pay $400 to stay like 6 hours. I was so upset but still tried to call a couple time to ask for the refund, and they just keep saying they will not and hang up. Honestly, I feel really really bad about this. Why would a famous brand name do this to their customer? Is that 200 dollars really important to them over their reputation? I was refused stay. It was not that I did not show up for the reservation and still get charge. I feel like I should not be treated that way. I will never consider The Westin again and EVERYONE, PLEASE THINK TWICE WHEN YOU BOOK YOUR STAY HERE!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2015

My husband got a job with a company out of California and we made our transition across the country from the Deep South and booked all result stipend with SPG/Westin for each of our stops. When we got to our Vegas stop, we arrived after a nine hour drive. We were very tired having driven so far with kids and dogs to boot. We go into the Westin Vegas on Flamingo and the gentleman was checking us into our room, everything seemed perfectly fine. He tells us that we are lucky because we were chosen out of many people as their special guest and would be receiving special gifts. Free breakfast and or Starwood points were among choices. I give him my ID and he proceeds to get keys and then tells us that since we were the special guest he would give us both the free breakfast buffet and the extra Starwood points.

Then he asks if we had our confirmation and I asked if something was wrong? I didn't have it with me nor did I have a email due to driving in the desert for two days and no cell towers or wifi. He says "No problem." Then he, just out of the blue, tells us our reservations were for the following night and that he is sorry but we weren't going to be able to check in that night. His entire demeanor changes as if we were trying to pull a fast one on him. I asked him why we would drive eight to nine hours on the wrong day? This made no sense. He said "I'm sorry. I cannot help you. The entire hotel is booked." I call customer service. After two hours of talking to customer service, they did absolutely nothing.

I have been a SPG member for years. I have spent more money at their hotels than any other. They left me with kids and pets with nowhere to go and stay for the night. This was totally unacceptable. I have so many times watched them hold rooms and tell either my husband or myself they have no availabilities and the other one of us call back and book a room at that exact hotel that just told us no vacancies fifteen minutes later. This night, not a single room to stay in and no one would help.

I will never stay in another Westin again. I will never stay at another SPG hotel again. They don't care about people and if they did, they wouldn't screw up people's reservations and leave them without anywhere to go especially with pets knowing they are the only pet friendly hotel that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for deposits. They would also not leave a customer that has been loyal without a room at anytime. I have been shown by them their true colors. They use to take care of their patrons but now, they have changed. I'm now off to bigger and better hotels.

Original review: April 21, 2015

My husband and I used our Starwood points to stay in Maui at the Westin Ocean Resorts. The experience was okay with the exception of fees for everything. We wanted to spend a few hours at the beach and asked about using the huge unused pile of lounge chairs that were padlocked by the beach. We were told there was a $10 fee and we could only use them until 4:00 pm at which time they would be picked up and locked up. I was surprised we didn't have to pay a fee for the beach towels. Shouldn't the beach chairs be included in your annual fees? Just a thought. I also saw a lot of timeshares for sale in the town of Lahaina and I think I see why.

Original review: March 12, 2015

We have been owners of the Westin Maui North timeshares for over 8 years. When we first purchased the timeshare for $44k, we believed the purchase was an asset and would provide many years of enjoyment for our family. But since purchasing the 2-bedroom timeshare, the annual maintenance fees have increased from $1400 per year to over $2600 per year, and it is now a liability rather than an asset. I don't understand how they are able to justify these fees, and no one at the company is accountable. First, we were told that Maui was charging too much in property taxes, and the increase is due to building reserves to file a lawsuit, and after winning the lawsuit, the annual fees continue to rise.

It's interesting though, because if you want to sell your timeshare, Starwood has first right of refusal. So they can purchase your unit for $5k-$10k (sometimes even less) and turn around and sell it for $60k+. It's quite a lucrative operation they have going. When you compare the same unit on Maui at the Marriott, their annual fees are 50%-60% of what Westin's are. This has not been a good experience, nor does it motivate us to want to do business with Westin any more than we have to.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2014

My In-laws starting of this year gifted us Eat Drink and More (EDM) Membership of Westin Hotels. We got time end of the year to avail it and decided to book for Westin Sohna Gurgoan. We got a call from one of the EDM staff (Name: Anshu) asking us to renew our membership, which we had thought of post our stay with them. They were fully booked - which is understandable, but to my surprise she said that in case I do renew my membership with the offer I will get a room. When is just not acceptable, as this meant that only if I pay for renewal of membership she will give me a free room or else its fully booked.

Post this we called the EDM so called manager (Name: Zoyeb, highly unprofessional) to help us with this. He said he will return with the date of a week end and close this query. I did not receive a call for two days and only when I called they again apologized and said will get back. This time some other staff member (Name - Sahil) who apparently wanted to get rid of the call asap gave an assurance.

Today is the second day and I have been calling everyone in Westin only to hear "we will get back." No one ever picks up in customer care, the land line number given on the membership card has no idea of the membership, and if they pick (that is if you are luck) they will never get back. They followed up with us for one month everyday to revive my membership. I would recommend you not to go for the Eat, Drink and More membership, as it is waste of money and time. You actually feel cheated!!

Original review: April 20, 2014

Westin melbourne is one of SPG hotels and that's why me and my wife staying at Westin Melbourne for 3 nights for Easter holiday. Today is the second night. We went out 11:30 and left the room service sign on for our room to be cleaned. We came back at 6:00 prepare to have a rest but nothing has been done. There is a service lady came to our room saying "we are extremely busy today, sorry. I will do the clean for you now.“ We had no choice but going out for the room to be cleaned. We came back after 2 hours the room still not cleaning. Is this really a 5 star hotel? The service is extreme slow for everything. Very bad experience.

There is a Asian lady came to our room offer us a bottle of wine we refused because we don't have the mood for it. We have asked a few clean towel for tonight. She came back delivered a few clean towels. This is all the response from the hotel. Very very unhappy and disappointed. But thank you for your quick reply. We are still waiting for a proper response from the hotel. They told us before 10am in the morning. I hope they will give us a satisfied answer.

Original review: April 16, 2014

Comfortable bed, showers were great. Staff is courteous for the most part. The exceptions include the security staff that acts like bullies and the upper management that feels it can change an agreement on a whim and then send a cutsie apology letter because the city of Rosemont is so mean to them. It is a shame that what could have been the most memorable stay in Chicago is marred by this establishments disregard for the personal rights and common courtesy. Entrances and exits blocked off yet you are free to pass when staff did not yell at you not to pass. Hours of facilities arbitrarily changed. Sweet notes welcoming you, yet in bold draconian print telling you to follow the rules or be EVICTED.

I would say the restaurant was a fine eatery but, my refusal to spend money some where my patronage is not treasured, had me decide to eat elsewhere. Herded, accosted and patronized seem to be specialties of this particular Starwood facility. Perhaps Starwood will decide to train or replace the management before others are subjected to it. Further... Attempted to further notify the corporate body behind this location to see if it was Westin/Starwood or just this location that treated its guest so poorly. Called 800-328-6242 and talked to Heather. She was polite and after a 30 minute hold told me this needed to be handled via a different customer service group and instructed me to email consumeraffairs@starwood.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was given to Roberta after a 10 min hold and was given an actual number, 203-964-6495 to reach them. I called the Executive Consumer Affairs number and was send to voice mail and where, cheerfully, I was informed I would be contacted with in the business day or the next. Starwood, you are not instilling any confidence in me on how you choose to handle this...... Waiting for the phone to ring.

Original review: May 10, 2013

Terrible service at Westin Memorial City in Houston Texas - Unfriendly and patronizing employees. Bed sheet, pillows and towels were stained. Dirty bathroom with hair from prior guests.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2012

I reserved two rooms for the weekend of the Poker Run that was scheduled September 14-16, 2012 at a rate of $350.00 for the ocean view room and $296.00 for the tradition room in Westin Key West. I reserved one of the rooms for two couples that were traveling with me, and one for my boyfriend and me to spend a romantic weekend since we were celebrating our anniversary. At the time we checked in, the agent informed me that I only had one room under my reservation. When I presented the agent with an email confirmation showing that I had two rooms, he then proceeded to inform me that they only had one room available (single room) and that they were sold out. I was later told by the manager that was not true and that they were not sold out. He then informed me he would be able to upgrade us to a two-bedroom suit for the same rate that I was paying per night.

This meant we would have to share a room with the other two couples (there waits my romantic weekend) and that one of us would have to sleep on a sofa bed. After driving 4 1/2 hours we decided to go ahead and stay in the suite. I specifically asked the agent three times what would be my night rate for the room, each time he responded the same rate you were paying per night ($350.00) since they messed up our reservations. At check-out, they then informed me that we were being charged $700.00 per night, which was equivalent to $350.00 per night for two rooms. In fact, this meant they charged me more than my original reservation. This again is not what I was told at the time we checked in. When I spoke to the front desk manager ** and explained the issue, he then told me to speak to the agent that check us in and there was little to nothing that he can do.

When I spoke to the agent, the story then changed again! He then told me they were not sold out, that he simply wanted to keep the group together and at the time we checked in he did not have rooms together. It was never my intention to have rooms next to each other or even close to each other. I booked an oceanfront room for myself and a tradition room for the other couples; therefore, it’s impossible for the rooms to be next to each other. The agent misled me and inconvenienced me and my parties in order to sell more rooms. What was supposed to be a romantic and fun weekend for my boyfriend and I turned out to be a nightmare! After several conversations with ** and seeing that he is unwilling to reverse and correct the charges, I’m asking for your help in this matter.

Original review: May 25, 2012

We stayed at The Westin in Los Angeles Airport for our last night after a wonderful trip and it was a very bad experience. Our room was dirty. The telephone did not work. We were on 12th floor. When we were in bed, the fire alarm rang. The manager, through the speakers, said to keep calm, that they were investigating the reason of the alarm and that they would let us know. After more than half an hour that nobody said anything, again we decided to get dressed and go down since the phone was not working and there was no other information. When we got to the elevators, we met a security that said it was a false alarm. They should have said that through the speakers! We had chosen a higher rate because it included breakfast. When we sat at the restaurant, they told us that breakfast was never included. I went to the front desk and they said, "Oh! They did not give you your coupons when you checked in?" And she handed me coupons for the Starbucks kiosk in the lobby! How can you say that breakfast is included when you have to take a coffee standing up in the lobby? We paid for our breakfast and did not use the coupons and will never go back to a Westin.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2012

Reservation mistake by Westin Hyderabad- We paid 50% advance by demand draft for two guests who were checking in on Sunday, 26th Feb. We have an acknowledgement for the advance payment. Yet, the front desk asked our guest reg payment and insisted that their booking instructions are "Bill to guest". After speaking to Ram, duty manager, they said they would check and get back. Now they have accepted the mistake but have embarrassed us in front of our guest. Sad thing is that Ram never called and apologized. Very poor service indeed. Your people seem to have problem to accept their mistake and apologize.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2011

Let me start off by stating that I have been a loyal customer of Starwoods for over 10 years. My complaint with them is as follows: Starwoods or SPG.com offers this program called "Best Rate Guarantee", which states "If you find a lower rate prior to, or within 24 hours of, booking your hotel room, simply submit a Best Rate Guarantee Claim to us and we will honor that lower rate. I submitted a lower fare I found on AA.com. and this was their response below. I found this price on AA.com, which anyone can log on to, and book.

Westin Company Information