Marriott Hotels

Marriott Hotels

3.2/5 (1921 ratings)

About Marriott Hotels

Marriott Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marriott?

Original review: March 25, 2022

Abysmal experience! By far the worst Marriott experience EVER! Have stayed with Marriott for 40 years, was Exec Platinum and now Elite Titanium. Reservation for a King bed, but the bed was a Full size at best. Shelves and door missing from kitchen cabinets. Food left in freezer. Toilet seat broken.. We shared issues with the General Manager, Richard **, and he acted and stated that he was equally shocked at the condition of the room and he would 'make it right' while we were out for afternoon yet NOTHING was done when we returned and staff knew nothing. He was gone for evening. Not even a note explaining why nothing was done. Abysmal, horrible experience!! Stay away from this property!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Booked a free anniversary night. The room smelled like a nasty dog kennel. Checked out without staying and booked a different hotel. This was not the first time recently that we have been disappointed with Marriott but it is the last time because they lost our business forever!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I have almost 400 nights' stay with Marriott, early 2000s they were big on customer service, they are no longer that way. You call Marriott you treated like a second class citizen, all their franchise motels, are becoming old and not fun to stay at anymore, I'm out. I'm moving to Hilton.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Just some of the worst customer service I have ever seen. I was getting a free night, but I was paying 100.00 for the credit card. Covid hit and they changed the program rules without notice. You suck!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Booked this hotel for a family trip during a long weekend in October 2021. Check-in and staff were absolutely fantastic, the rooms were quaint and cute and the location was on point!! Here's where the horror begins, the day of check-out we were greeted to broken car windows, stolen items out of cars, stolen cars, damaged tires and much more. Keep in mind this is the parking lot that we paid Marriott Q and C hotel front desk attendants to park in and the staff was very specific about where to park (UNDER THE ZATARAIN SIGN). Ok, things happen right?? How about there were about 20 cars with damage and we immediately informed the front desk so that they could alert all the other guest about their cars, they refused to alert other guest therefore everyone awoke to the same disaster as we did including missed flights and appointments.

Well the NOLA Police Department as well as Marriott Corporate told us to get a claims form from the Q and C Manager in order to file a damage claim with Marriott (We paid Marriott to park in this lot). The Q and C hotel management absolutely REFUSED to give us a claim form and told 1 lie after the next...."The manager is in a meeting", "the manager is working on the claims form", "the parking lot manager is coming with the claims form", "the manager is not in today", "the manager is sick", "we never told anyone to park there"!!! Which lie is it??? We never met the Manager, he/she never came out to speak with us and wasn't even concerned about the welfare of his/her guest. Even Corporate Marriott was shocked that this so-called Manager would NOT give us a claim form. I believe this is a theft ring and operation and the Manager is in cahoots with the parking lot to break in and steals items from customers.

We have been waiting for a response from Corporate Marriott only to find out that the Q and C lied once again and told Corporate they contacted us and refunded us $80.00 and they closed the file, again another lie!!! We were never contacted by Q and C nor Marriott. How about, not one staff member apologized for the misfortune!!! We weren't upset about the damage but about every lie that was told and the mishandling of the issue! The Manager wouldn't even give us a simple claims form which is required to file the claim!!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Honestly Marriott as a whole has lost me as a customer. My reservation could not be filled as the block of rooms were not "ready". Being I had waited from just before 3 pm (as mother of the bride, I had tons of stuff to bring in) until I finally had taken a room on the first floor 3:35 pm (away from all) as my mom is 91 yrs old and didn't need to be sitting in the Lobby especially with Covid! Second we had a party in the lobby the night of the rehearsal dinner. I cleaned up that area at approx 11:30 pm as I knew I had to be up at 5am. I was given a "cart" by the staff and had loaded everything on it as we were going to also hang out after the wedding.

Well after the wedding when the cart was brought out there were 5 bottles of wine missing. I did go to the front desk and asked for her to check in the back as I knew what was there as I had bought and also packed it up. Not only had she had an attitude, she was reluctant to check. She said she would call her manager and file a complaint. I said, "You can check the Cameras as again I was the one to had cleaned the area, my son in law threw out the garbage."

So now I was being told that members of our party were in the lobby at 330 am and they were drinking! I asked every one of our people if they went down and happened to also drink the wine as it was gone. I was told that there was also another wedding party there that was drinking Vodka and let the area pretty messy.

My big question to the manager the following morning as she told me the night woman called to her, was WHY was my cart even out at 330am when it was packed HOURS prior? Also my room was never cleaned after the first night and then I was told "oh due to Covid" they do not clean the rooms if you stay more than the one day! Really, no making my bed or clean towels anymore? Trust me there is more to state. But for sure I will not return to Marriott.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I had a recent stay at Fairfield Inn. I booked last minute in the middle of a 3 day power outage with on a dark a s story night. I discovered after I was dropped off at the hotel that my wallet was back in my dark powerless home. The staff was extremely rude, no empathy for my situation and I did not get a proper explanation as to why I could not Check into the hotel with proof of my booking and other identification of who I was on me. The best they could do was put me on a phone with a rude manager who suggested I walk away from my non refundable booking and go to another hotel. I finally had my dad find my id and stop it off. The room was clean but uncomfortable mattress, and fluorescent outdoor light that filtered in the room.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I am getting married at a Marriott in February. So I wanted to set up a room block. I was blown away when I received the proposal. You would think when doing a room block for 20+ room you would get the best rate they offered. This is not the case at all!! The standard rate for two adults at this resort is $607. What they offered me was $596 for two adults a night. If you go to the website and put in a senior discount it is $ 526 for two adults and the AAA is $557. I of course asked why and was told it is because the concessions I will receive. You get some discounts at the spa and golf etc and free rooms for every 15 booked.

All of that stuff is great for me but not my guests. You are essentially asking or having them pay for the rooms we could earn because they are paying close to $75 a night more than your other discount. So I guess just beware if you are booking through a group. The group rate is horrible. Book on your own and get a better rate. This whole thing was so crazy for me. I have went to many wedding where the group rate way exceeded any other discount they offered.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Upon arrival at the Hotel their Computer Reservation System was not working. They could not swipe my Credit Card, but I returned the next morning and presented them with my Capital MasterCard. After returning home, I discovered they had a Netspend Visa Debit Card on File, and billed both my MasterCard and Visa. Told I was due an $813.00 Credit to my Visa Card, but nothing to date 2 weeks later and emails to both Marriott.com and directly to the Courtyard Hotel in Aruba. They took my money in one quick swipe but cannot seem to figure how to credit their error which they keep acknowledging. No Excuse - Poor Billing and Front Desk operation.

Original review: June 17, 2021

In November 2020 I booked a room at a Marriott property I had previously stayed at with no issues. The reason for my booking was to be closer to my adult children after I had a major surgery and needed some help and rest. When I checked in they could not find my rewards account but I felt that was minor. When I got to my room it was not as clean as I would have expected during the height of COVID. When I went to take a shower the following morning I found mold and mildew caked and dripping down the walls. I was not about to shower in that so I called the front desk. Nobody answered so I walked down. I was told I would need to leave the room so they could clean it. I asked how long and they said 2 hours. I explained I had just had a major surgery and 2 hours out was going to really be pushing my limits but I would take a couple of my kids to breakfast and be back after 2 hours.

I returned 3 hours later to find nobody had even entered the room at all. I called back down to the front desk and they again told me to leave and they would get it taken care of. At this point I just asked one of my kids if I could go lay on their sofa. I called every couple hours until 7 pm when I was finally told the room was clean. When I arrived back at the room again I found that the shower had not been touched, the rest of the room had not been cleaned and there was a stack of two towels on the sofa. I called the desk again. They said they would send someone right up and for me to just step out for a bit again! Upon returning I still found the moldy mildewed shower and cleaned it myself. Half way through I stopped and took video which I wish I could post here so nobody else pays over $200/nt for less than Motel 6 quality.

I had to extend my stay one night and no other hotels were available so I asked the front desk if I could book one more night and showed them a rate on a third party app (if I had to stay in filth I at least wanted the beat deal which was still over $200). But the desk person “didn't know how to do that” and told me to book it on the third party site then mentioned after I did I would not get any points for it because I booked through the app (that they told me too). I called the manager after checking out. I was so sore and tired while there. I just didn’t have the fortitude to deal with it then and I was told the manager would be off until a few days following my check out anyways.

When we spoke he seemed sincerely concerned. I explained as a business owner myself I wanted to give him the opportunity to rectify the situation before reporting it to the health department or the Corporate office. He asked me to send him the videos and said he would reply when he received them. He also stated since my stay was booked through a third party app (at his employee's request) he could not refund me but would credit me in points for the equivalent of a one night stay at that property. Three weeks later I had emailed him three times following up and he finally responded. He stated he had credited me 20,000 points which was equal to a one night stay. Imagine my shock when I went to book a room at the property and it was 80,000! So I get credited one quarter of one night of a three night stay??

I should have simply been immediately moved to a room with no mold that was clean. If that wasn’t available then the manager should have done as he promised and credited for a full night stay. When I called customer service to give them feedback they kept me on the phone for over an hour to confirm that yes that’s exactly what I would be getting. My silence has not been purchased by Marriot. I was under the impression they were being accountable for an egregious error but they lied and made it worse. DO NOT patronize this shady Company. They lie, they are filthy and they completely disrespect their patrons.

Original review: May 2, 2021

We have stayed at the Marriott in Irvine since the beginning of 2021. Most recently we booked two rooms 4/16/21. The following is what we experienced. The rooms had less than adequately supplied with essentials towels, toiletries. When we arrived in the evening people were parking without paying for valet because of the entertainment on the top deck deck of the hotel so we had to wait for a parking spot. The elevators had lines of people who were not registered guest but were there for the entertainment only so we waited again in line. When we checked out there was only elevator A was available and it was packed with people. No observance social distancing at all!

When I tried to convey my concerns to the valet manager he rebuffed me. When I requested to speak to the hotel manager Nikki **, Director of Rooms spoke with me. While waiting outside for my wife to check out. On the street again because the valet area was once again crammed. My wife informed me that she was issued a refund for the valet parking. When I ask her she took so long. My wife and my daughter said. Only one elevator was apparently in service and it was packed with people no matter how long they waited. It was always the same elevator "A" and it was packed. We have stayed at the Marriott Spa Resorts and have been quite pleased. The hotel is very nice and attractive and fairly new. Too bad it's attracting negative elements.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Went to Marriot in Santa Marta Colombia with a group. Clean hotel, advertised a large room, gave me half of what I wanted, breakfast poor at best, dinners very good, poolside waiter staff excellent, nice pool, bathroom counter almost ripped off wall, and left with a positive PCR test while there... What else can a person say??

Original review: April 12, 2021

Unfortunately my last couple of experiences with the Marriott Hotels have been negative. In both cases the level of clean was so subpar. The 1 was just a Marriott, everything in the bathroom was filthy, with mold & mildew growing in shower & sink area, the air conditioner/heat had to be cleaned after I pointed out the thick layer of filth. The other was actually their Westin brand & during the pandemic & yet, people without masks in the lobby, the room was not clean, the alarm clock was broken & filthy!! And it took 40-60 min (after 10pm) to get someone to bring a replacement alarm clock for me & a blanket, since they had none. Also, the room itself was not cleaned to my standard, or what I would expect from the Westin & especially during COVID.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Marriott changed their rewards program and wiped out 500,000 points I had accumulated. In addition to that, I stayed at a Courtyard hotel that the service they provided was really poor at best. The hotel is located in Oceanside Ca.

Original review: April 11, 2021

The rooms were alright. It was better than most. Friendly people, very polite. The outside was beautiful. There were a lot of restaurants and stores around the area. There was a Continental breakfast. The only thing is we were facing a dirty pool and a dumpster that wasn’t emptied.

Original review: April 10, 2021

My experience with Marriott has been nothing shy of amazing! My recent stay was in Aruba with my husband for my birthday before the Pandemic took over our traveling plans. The service, cleanliness and friendly staff was absolutely fantastic. We both have decided that when traveling abroad, we will make Marriott properties our 1st option to consider for lodging, if available.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Beautiful welcoming people. Large artistic original design. Different menu. Clean large bathroom room. Rugged hall ways. Large lobby. Parking. Comfortable beds. Many area rentals information and arranged outings. Experienced bar tender.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Me and my husband stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott this week while we were visiting family in Georgia. 1st the customer service is good. They were kind, courteous and quick to resolve our concerns. 2nd the rooms, especially the bathroom needs some renovation. Overall I rated it a 4 due to excellent customer service and decent rooms.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Stayed at the Marriott in Cancun and it was terrific. Clean rooms and the best service! Food was also delicious and great location on the strip close to downtown Cancun. Always felt safe and the beachfront was beautiful.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Marriott does it right!! Marriott has the best rooms. I love the Marriott!!!! I would suggest everyone stay at a Marriott hotel! Thank you.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I booked a birthday party and had them cater the event and save at least 3 rooms. Other than the fact that my rooms weren’t ready at check in which made me an hour late for my own event, things went well with set up and food.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Pleasant environment and staff. Nice room with fridge. Linen and towels given as needed. Easy checking and check out using credit card. Carpets cleaned, elevators worked and breakfast had a variety.

Original review: April 3, 2021

The office people were nice and the room was so clean. I think you could of eat off the floor. The towels were so soft and absorbent could of used them for sheets. We will definitely be going back. Enjoyed the stay and like I said the office staff is very very nice and very helpful.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Outstanding service in all areas. Quality amenities. Respects your needs and accommodates such needs. All staff takes pride in their area of expertise; from General Manager to ground staff. I feel extremely welcome at The Marriott brand of hotels.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Marriott has always provided a quality stay whenever I've been to their properties. Their rates are competitive and the staff is always personable. I have stayed at competing chains from time to time and generally feel let down, disappointed, or just whelmed. Service is on point and the included amenities are always great.

Original review: March 31, 2021

The service was exceptional & so were the workers! It felt like we were at home. We had all the privacy we wanted & even my dog was allowed. The swimming was so relaxing. Big dinner for supper in the evening. Off to bed till the morrow!

Original review: March 30, 2021

I like the Marriott chain of hotels because they are clean and reasonably priced. They have very helpful and courteous employees. The hotels are generally located in very safe areas. Marriott hotels are well kept. The grounds are well maintained as well as the lobby, workout area and pools. An overall pleasant experience.

Original review: March 29, 2021

The cleanest, quietest hotel! The food is great too. Only downside, they have changed the air conditioning units to wall unit. It didn't get cool enough for me????

They will let you do a credit card on hold and will let you pay the stay with cash. I wish they were a bit cheaper for weekday stays...

Original review: March 29, 2021

Great customer service. The staff was great. Looking forward to my next stay. Rooms were clean. Room service was awesome. I have no complaints with the services I received. Looking to book again soon.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I stayed at a Marriott Hotel for a month couple years ago in Tampa Florida when I was going to have a kidney transplant at Tampa General Hospital. I chose this hotel because it offered transportation to and from the hospital and was relative within 3 miles. The hotel also was a suite with a mini kitchen, a setup for a long term stay. I found the hotel to be clean and newly renovated and the staff was extremely friendly. I truly enjoyed being there and because of that experience I always go back there whenever I go to Tampa.

Marriott Hotels Company Information