Hotwire
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Hotwire

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

1123 Hotwire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I had booked a room at a hotel in Grand Forks North Dakota for 2 nights (Oct 20 - Oct 22). I drove 7 hours arriving late on a Friday night. When I arrived the hotel was closed for business. I called Hotwire and I could tell the rep did not understand me and kept saying she would call the hotel to confirm my reservation... I kept telling her nobody was there. I was on hold for over 20 minutes, she never came back. I called again. The new rep again said she would call the hotel to confirm my reservations... they were really reading from a script and did not understand what I was saying. She eventually did come back and told me nobody answered at the hotel. By this time I was beyond frustrated.

It is now late Friday night and I missed the engagement that I traveled there for. She said she would find me a new room... but she came back and simply said, "Sorry, nothing is available in the city." So I was basically stranded... again she did not understand or care and cheerfully said, "Sorry". I drove around from hotel to hotel with `no room at the inn'. There was a big sporting event in town that caused the rooms to be booked. I eventually found a room at one hotel for one night then found another room at another hotel. This was maddening... and Hotwire could only say `Sorry' which doesn't cut it when you drive through dark desolate land, miss your event and drive all around an unfamiliar city looking for a place to stay.

Under Hotwire I had a fee of $181 for the 2 nights. I ended up paying $391 between the 2 hotels. When I called Hotwire again they could care less of all the inconvenience, stress or double the fee I had to pay. I even responded to their survey which they had the gall to send me but they did not respond to that either... what a surprise. At one point they offered to give me a $25 gift card to use Hotwire... Really??? $25 is nothing when it comes to booking an airline or Hotel... then she increased it to $30. The whole offer is ridiculous. Do they think I would ever use Hotwire again??? I think in all fairness they should have refunded the difference between what they promised me for a 2 might stay versus what I ended up paying. Aside from the fraud of booking nonexistent rooms, the customer service aspect was totally absent...

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

My husband used Hotwire to get us a room for my 43rd birthday. Online #hotwire gave this hotel a 3 stars and the pictures that #hotwire used for advertisement was far from the truth. I have taken a screenshot on what #hotwire used for their advertisement of a beautiful pool and when we got there the pool had algae growing and the hot tub was full of dirt with weeds growing... The free continental breakfast bar was empty, our room smelled like smoke, hallways was dirty with dirty laundry laying down the hallway overnight and they #hotwire advertised this as Days Inn but it's Red Roof Plus... Bad experience with #hotwire on what should have been a relaxing evening...

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I found a suitable flight and booked it. However, the booking would not go through, the site alert said there was a problem with my bank card. A quick review of my banking account showed that my account had in fact been charged by Hotwire for two airline tickets. No actual flight was booked but Hotwire had charged my account $1040.00. And, the tickets showing up on my bank account was for Tulsa, not even my chosen state destination.

I called Hotwire and the customer service girl just laughed. She told me I had to deal with my bank, that Hotwire couldn't cancel the fraudulent charges that their company had just charged my bank account. Bad thing about it, I was booking the flight to attend a sibling's funeral, now my planes are delayed. Called Hotwire again and asked to speak to a Supervisor; I was placed on hold, no one ever returned back on the phone line. This is a predator company and should be shut down, just outright deceptive advertising for the benefit of scamming people out of their money.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

If I could give no stars I would. I spent today more than 2 hours with this company. My return ticket got cancelled. I am just wondering how could I fly somewhere if I cannot return? I talked to Casey; he put me on hold for more than 1 hour stating he will talk to the airline company; and earlier with Amy who also put me on hold and she never came back or call me back as she stated she will. I called back since the call got disconnected after 1 hour and he kept hanging up on me. I have called multiple times from my phone and nothing. I want at least to refund my money if they don't want to honor my reservation. He said, "We are just a booking company; there is nothing we can do if the airline is making changes." Awful experience. I wish I had read the reviews from here before I booked with this company.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I booked a hotel. Called back because the hotel was nasty so they changed it but told me they would refund the last fund, so I asked can they just take out the difference. She told me yes then to go to my account I was charged 202.04 instead of 34.64 like I was supposed to be charged. I was have some kind of issue with them and today the manager told me she could not help me. I refuse to EVER use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotwire.com?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Hotwire basically scammed with false flight advertisement & information given to me by the flight agent over the phone. Plus I paid for the flight protection plan just in case... & when my flight was cancelled & I was sick the flight agent still made it so I wouldn’t be able to get my money back. Seems like a scammy company. The protection plan even seems like BS. I wouldn’t recommend purchasing a flight with Hotwire.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Hotwire ends up actually being $50 - 100 more than what I’d be to book vacations separately (hotel+flights), if you ever come across a customer service related problem their call center is little to no help, no one knows their guidelines, they have poor communication skills and have huge language barriers. Hotwire’s insurance does not refund your complete amount in case of a cancellation.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Tonight was my first time booking with Hotwire and it was a horrible experience so I would highly advise and recommend to go to ANOTHER website and make sure you read the fine print because they will try and scam you meaning false advertising. I went on the website and did a blind booking but before I booked I went and looked at the different options on the page. They all had a list of hotels. Once I saw at the bottom the hotel I thought was best for me I booked it but when I booked it the name of another hotel that was on another option that I didn't want popped up.

It was horrible. I called them and basically they were like, "We cant do anything about it." I told them they were false advertising because the website said one thing but then they booked me for something else. Customer service was rude, everyone I spoke to had an attitude for what reason I didn't know but I did ask customer service why she had an attitude bigger than me since I'm the one that paid service that false advertise that won't correct the mistake made through their site... DON'T DO IT. RUN.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

If you use Hotwire for flights, even if you buy insurance, they will not give you a refund. I spent 1200 dollars for tickets (including 80 dollars for trip insurance), only to find out that I had to cancel because of business plans. In spite of the fact that I purchased trip cancellation insurance, Hotwire would not refund my ticket fare, or do anything to accommodate even a partial refund. Hotwire sucks!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

The company charged my card for a reservation I booked. They cancelled it for some reason and haven't given the money back. They told me there's nothing they can do about it. That's pretty shady in my experience. Complete refusal to accommodate for their mistake.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I booked through Hotwire and got the Quality Inn, Vancouver, Wa. There is nothing the matter with the hotel, but if I had booked directly with them I would have been charged $156 and changer for 2 nights. Hotwire has charged me just under $200. It's a bloody disgrace.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I made reservations through your website for four hotel rooms in Florida for March 10, 2018 -- on the website it asked for our card and it says the card is used only to hold the hotel rooms - we will not be charged until we check in. The next day charges for the all 4 rooms showed up and was taken out of our credit card -- thus causing us to scramble and take money out of our savings account to cover the costs so as not get an overdraft. Also, the website said the hotel provides free shuttle service from the airport. When I called the hotel directly I was told they always charge the first night to the credit card thus the 4 room charge. I was also told that their shuttle service ends at 4:00 each day -- which would not help us... and now the real problems begin...

I contacted Hotwire -- after finally getting a number to work through Expedia. When I tried to put in my phone number on the account -- it said They could not find my reservation so I tried my itinerary number - and same result. When I finally got through to a human I told them why we were unhappy with what went on and wanted to cancel the room. They (Hotwire) told me the reservation was cancelled and I would receive a refund in 5 - 7 days and I did not need to contact the hotel directly.

When I did not hear back from the hotel - I called them directly and was told the reservation was not cancelled and I would have to call Hotwire. So I called back Hotwire and told them they needed to talk to a manager and get the reservation properly cancelled. I waited on hold for 15 minutes or so to be told they could not get a hold of the manager and would call me back when it had been resolved -- two hours later Hotwire called back and said the problem was resolved -- and again no need to contact the hotel directly. I was pleased that it was finally over and asked to speak to a supervisor to tell them how pleased I was that follow through had actually taken place.

After waiting a few more days, I decided to double check with the hotel and was told the hotel reservation was not properly cancelled through the website -- so written in some notes and so they could not issue a refund from a third party booking without prior authorization. Totally frustrated now. I called back Hotwire and finally got a human again -- again the recorded version had no reservation under my name or itinerary. So I explained the problem to the Hotwire employee and was placed on hold for almost 20 minutes -- He finally came back to inform me that he needed to talk to the hotel manager -- who was in a meeting for two hours and not available - he told me he would call me back after he talked to the manager.

I decided with all the problems with Hotwire I had to immediately contact the hotel and asked for the manager. SURPRISE -- She was available. I asked her if she had talked with Hotwire – nope -- was she unavailable in the past hour --- nope she was in her office all day!!! She did not have any meetings that day HMMMMMMMMMM. She was very kind and used the notes that said cancel but said it never came through on the system like Hotwire was suppose to do. At this point I was furious, I called back to Hotwire and asked for a supervisor or a manager. 15 minutes later one came on the line and I explained everything and EVERYTHING was the fault of the hotel -- the rooms were cancelled correctly, the manager was probably there but the desk didn't knew that.

The hotel should not have charged us but that is not their fault -- even though it says no charges on the room until check in and the only way to solve this was a three way conversation with Hotwire - the Hotel and me. Guess what -- this is not possible through Hotwire – lol. I would have to call the hotel and then somehow get back with Hotwire to make the connection. I have been deceive and treated dishonestly though this entire process. I will never book anything through Expedia or Hotwire again and will send my complaint to the Better Business Bureau and anyone else I can so that other people do not have experience the bull --- that I endured the past few weeks. I am sure if you read this entirely I will not even receive a response from this "company.” Reservation at the Link Hotel for one night March 10th.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Hotwire overbooked and cancelled my reservation. The only notification was an email. When I called they proceeded to recharge my card for the new hotel when they were supposed to provide me a comparable hotel without charging me. They then refused to refund the difference claiming they would have to send it for "review". In the end I had to cancel the room and was left with no hotel in an area that was almost completely booked. This company is a joke and has horrible customer service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I booked a room with Hotwire. Then tried to cancel it. Customer service declined my request to cancel siting their policy. However, when I arrived at the hotel, my room was cancelled by Hotwire. I had no place to stay. Their managers at 2 different occasions had confirmed to me that my room cannot be cancelled, but went ahead and cancelled it anyways without informing me to make alternative arrangements. After 3 attempts (longer than an hour on the phone) to get my money refunded, I realized that they have no intention of refunding me. So I called my bank and filed a fraud complaint to get refunded.

The main problem is that their customer support, based in the Phillippines (I think) has very little authority to do anything, so they keep you on hold for frequent extended periods where a simple 5 minute call ends up taking over 90 minutes. Furthermore, they (3 occasions) are instructed to ask you to call back at another time as the 'hotel is closed'. I had the hotel on the other line... they were very open. My surprise is when I started reading the negative reviews only to realize that something has gone terribly wrong with Hotwire in the last few months. It's a shame.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I booked a hotel room through Hotwire.com requesting a specific area over an area of three townships which it allowed me to do. I know the area well. My hotel booking ended up being in a completely different town from what was listed and much further away from where I wanted to be. The actual address of the booked hotel was also listed incorrectly on Hotwire.

The booked hotel was in a town called Newbury Park, not Thousand Oaks, as stated. Four calls to Hotwire and they refused a credit. They refused to accept they had put me in a Newbury Park hotel even though Google proved my address for the hotel was correct. They claimed the town of Newbury Park was in their 'catchment' area for the town of Thousand Oaks. Ridiculous and deceptive.

They offered me a more expensive hotel, twice the price, in the area I had originally requested. They also cut off two of my phone calls. The reps did not speak great English either. To dishonestly put people in hotels in towns they weren't asking for, and then claim the booked hotel is in a different town than clearly it is in, verified by Google maps, is just plain and simple wrong. The town was too far for me to go to via Uber and I lost my money.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Booked a Hotwire Hot Rate for Orlando 3-star compared to Doubletree and Embassy Suites they say only to reveal Maingate Lakeside Resort. I follow the link on my confirmation email from Hotwire to TripAdvisor to read the reviews and NONE are good. Reviewers spoke of shirtless thugs in the parking lot and prostitutes all around. Some even went back into the dangers of Hurricane Irma because it was so awful and unsafe. I looked up pics and googled it on recommendation of the Hotwire rep I spoke with on the phone when I called with concerns as I am a single woman traveling with my minor son to Orlando for the first time. Google reviews referred to it as "Hotel from hell" and "Motel" and the pics are horrendous. This is in no way even remotely compared to a Doubletree or Embassy Suites as Hotwire represents a 3-star property to be.

Hotwire has refused to cancel the reservation based on the fact that this accommodation is not safe and completely misrepresented. They have tried to force me to stay somewhere clearly unsafe with my child and rudely informed me that it would not be canceled. They did offer to rebook me into a "hotel" from a resort (losing amenities that were advertised) for quadruple the cost of my original booking and assumes no responsibility or liability for the misrepresentation not to mention the misleading and false information provided of the resort originally booked. I was under the impression that Hotwire guarantees and clean SAFE accommodation and I am certain this property is not clean or safe.

The Hotwire rep proudly boasted their "partnership" with this resort and have no regards for the fact that they are leading people to believe this is equivalent to a Doubletree or Embassy suits. I googled pics of both Maingate Lakeside Resort and Doubletree and I assure you they are not even comparable in the least bit. Hotwire has a scam going on for sure if they are forcing me to stay somewhere I am not safe and if I cancel or refuse to stay there they Still get paid. Total disappointment.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My daughter bought Hotwire travel insurance on a ticket she bought to visit my dying father. He took a turn for the worse and she needed to change it. They said she had to cancel the ticket, buy a new one, then submit required paperwork for reimbursement. She did all this and now they are denying her claim because it wasn't a valid reason for canceling. She is now out $550.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I used Hotwire to book a hotel for a stay in Boston, MA in July. I was charged by Hotwire as well as by the Holiday Inn where we stayed. When I noticed this double charge, I called the hotel and they stated I had to go through Hotwire for my refund. After calling customer service at Hotwire, I was told to send the credit card bill showing where I was charged by both, which I promptly did. I was told I would have a refund in 7-10 days. My original email was followed up by Hotwire requesting further information. When I supplied that (twice) there was no further response. I then called 27 days after my first phone contact because Hotwire would no longer respond via email. This customer service rep said they did not receive any information from me, but then contradicted himself by reading what I wrote in my original email. He kept putting me on hold to talk to his supervisor, whom I am pretty sure did not exist.

When he said I needed to send the documentation for the 4th time, I asked to actually speak to his supervisor and I was placed on hold again. When he came back on the line, his supervisor was unavailable. He then looked at my account, saw where everything was there, called the hotel and issued me a refund, all in less than 5 minutes. After being on hold and being persistent for 45 minutes, he finally opened my file. I came away from that phone call thinking that their goal was to be so obstinate and difficult that I would just give up trying to get my money back. What else could explain the lack of progress after numerous emails and phone calls. I have never been so frustrated and disappointed with any customer service as I am with Hotwire. I would like to tell everyone I can to never, ever use Hotwire.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I booked a Hot Rate hotel based on a satisfaction rating of 85% and "Very Good". I've used Hotwire a lot, some booking a Hot Rate and sometimes a known hotel. After booking and getting the hotel name, I looked at the hotel reviews under the hotel listings. There it was given a 71% satisfaction rating. For the rate I was charged I wouldn't have booked it if I knew it was a 71% rating. Most reviews were horrible. When I contacted Hotwire, I told them they were misrepresenting the quality of the hotel. They responded that the two different types of booking have different rating systems. Nowhere does it say that. The rating system is worthless if it's not consistent. Hotwire refused to let me change my reservation... I know their rules, but this appears to me as fraudulent information and they should allow changes. Hotwire has lost a good customer who has used their services many times.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I recently booked a vacay to Victoria, BC through Hotwire.com. Apparently I was billed a package fee on my credit card which was supposed to include hotel, airfare and car rental. I was also billed by the airline on top of the package fee. There are three of us going so I am out almost $900 with this error. I have contacted Hotwire 3 times and they insist they only charged me the package fee. In addition, they told me to speak with my bank and the airline which I have, but to no avail. I am thoroughly disgusted by this company and will be seeking legal counsel.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I made a reservation & have to 6 pm to cancel, I called the Hotel & they said I was good & told me to call Hotwire so I don't get charged. I said "Ok. Thank you." Went on to call Hotwire & they told me I was being charged. After 3 calls to another country & 1 hour of my time, nothing was done! So now I'm calling my bank! SMH!!! This is the 2nd time this has happen! Will not be a 3rd time! Unreal... So save yourself a headache & don't use Hotwire!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I have never considered writing a review, but if you are reading this. I would say never ever use Hotwire for ANY transaction ever. They are horrible horrible criminals that will steal your money. They flat out stole my money, I have filed a complaint, I disputed the charge. They don't care. They took 306.00 from me without a blink of an eye and guess what I got for it? STRANDED & WITHOUT A HOTEL. I was not able to redeem the 306.00 that I spent with them and then was forced to pay cash with another hotel therefore leaving me in the hole a grand total of 600.00 bucks. They are crooks!! I got zero from them and they stole 306 from me. It sickens me that corporations can get away this pathetic practice. If I ran my business like this I wouldn't have one.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

When I booked a rental car through Hotwire, I was required to make an upfront payment for the rental. After I did the actual rental, the rental car place gave me a bill that was $58.00 below the price I pre-paid to Hotwire. When I asked Hotwire to refund the payment they refused and sent this. "Thank you for contacting Hotwire Customer Care regarding your reservation with Advantage, Hotwire Itinerary **. I recognize you are requesting to clarify the receipt the car rental agency provided to you. I regret the inconvenience this has caused you. I am pleased to provide information on this matter.

"We received your documents and as we review, I can assure you were not overcharged. The car rental agency may have shown you the Hotwire rate. Please be assured these base rates are specially negotiated for Hotwire, and are generally lower than the available rates presented to car rental customers booking directly. Our Hot Rate Cars are non-commissionable, meaning rental agency do not pay us for bookings. We ask our car partners do not disclose the Hotwire rate on their receipts, as it leads to confusion. We addressed this with the rental agency directly, to prevent this situation from occurring in the future.

"Please accept our apologies along with 25 HotDollars, which we have added to your Hotwire account under **. You can use HotDollars to book any Hot Rate® Car or Hot Rate® Hotel on the Hotwire site. Each one is equivalent to one U.S. dollar in value and is available for one year from the date of issuance. A separate email will be sent to you with more information about how to use your HotDollars. Keep in mind that you will still be required to enter other billing details to cover any amount beyond your available HotDollars. Any remaining HotDollars will stay in your account for future use. Please note that your HotDollar credit will expire on the 5th of August 2018". In other words, they refuse to refund the difference for whatever the email above refers to.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I used to use Hotwire for booking of hotels because I thought I was getting a deal and liked the fun of maybe getting a better one than I would of using another site. Last night 8/21/17, I learned the exact opposite. I spent $540 on a two night booking and I picked an option that would hopefully get us a nicer room since 4 grown men will be staying there. After the booking, I had one member of our group call me literally minutes later telling me his grandma had passed and we had to cancel the trip. Hotwire disgusted me with their requests to cancel by asking for his grandmas death certificate and then they would review it! It was all business and no care for customers as I've used them several times.

Not only was this the problem but after calling the hotel I was told we have the smallest room available and if I spent the same amount of money through the actual hotel, we would of had a suite that was 300 square feet bigger than the 210 square foot room Hotwire has us in. I will never use Hotwire again as it's a complete ripoff and they don't even get you good rooms. Not to mention asking for a family member’s death certificate is the most appalling business approach I have ever seen. Never posted a business review in my life until this event. Was trying to cancel literally within 10 minutes of the booking. Hotwire is the last place in the world to book anything, I will never use them again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I was booking a Hotwire Hot rate hotel with a friend of mine so we could stay in the same place with our grandsons to go to the NY State Fair. We both went online together side by side and chose the same hotel and went through the checkout process. My friend's booking went through but mine said the hotel was now sold out. Sad I thought I'd try again to see if a room of a different bed configuration or spare room would come up. This time at checkout it said the system was checking new rates. It kicked me out. So I went back and tried again. This time at checkout I was successful however to my horror the booking came up for a hotel in a different city! And it said no refund. I emailed them upset however after looking at an online forum, I found the contact number for Hotwire and was able to call.

The operator was really nice and arranged a refund for room. I was quite surprised how smoothly everything went and was very relieved. They instantly sent an email stating I was getting a refund although I have to wait up to seven days for it. Basically I'm relieved and happy with the results as I was able to book finally in the same hotel as my friend, although at a higher rate, and I got all my money back and the operator was really pleasant and helpful. I will feel very anxious about ever using Hotwire again though as this was very scary that I was going to be out several hundred dollars. I don't know that I would ever book a big trip using Hotwire ever again after this experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Long story short... Hotwire scammed me out of $534.91 since April 4th 2017 for a flight that was cancelled. I even purchased the insurance coverage and Delta Airlines refunded them the money so they were paid 534.91 twice and here it is The middle of Aug and they still refuse to refund my Acct! They need another class action lawsuit brought against them! I've called countless times only to be put on hold over and over to be read a one line script! No supervisor or Manager Available!??? Scam Scam Scam! How does our government allow them to keep doing so??? No one speak English!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

My wife and I just recently booked a room with them out of state and we got the email confirmation that everything is going to be. Didn't have to call the hotel but we decided to call the hotel the day of when we were almost there to see if we could check in early and they told us that had been canceled the day before. We never got any confirmation or anything which left us stranded. You're looking to try and find other hotels in the area and most of them were booked and when's that weren't were a lot more money. We called them and they said unfortunately the hotel was overbooked. I decided to call the hotel and the hotel said that was not true.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Went on their website and rented a car for 8 days because I have a family emergency! Paid them with a visa! Drove 40 min to pick up my rental and Hertz wouldn't rent to me because I didn't have a major credit card! Called Hotwire their solution was to give me my money back in 1 or 2 days and the hell with my family emergency! Now I have to wait until I get my money back! This is not right!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

As of today 08/07/2017 it's been 1 month and they have not refunded my money. I had to cancel reservation because my son had respiratory issues and Doctor recommended not to travel. I told same to Hotwire Representative and she said she understands... She told I will have to send document proving my claim. On July 9 I have sent them properly signed and reason stated by Doctor... Still waiting for their response. Every time I call them they say to Wait... and I have already sent the AS PER HOTWIRE Spec DOC so many times. Sad part is the Customer Agent don't know anything... As they say it's some other Department. They are Fraud... Beware.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I book travel for my staff and have used Hotwire consistently throughout the last 4 years. I gave them a lot of business. About a month ago after booking travel through Hotwire my staff arrived at the car rental location. Hotwire had cancelled the car with no reason and refused to tell me why. We had a difficult time finding another rental. After 3 hours we found a car and my staff drove 6 hours to the hotel... All was fine and after two days of staying at a hotel booked through Hotwire they were locked out of their hotel room after a 12 hour work day. The hotel said it was a fraud issue. I called Hotwire who gave me a # in CA to call.

The Hotwire agent said it was a case of Fraud???? They had canceled all of my travel I had booked and never gave me notice or a reason. They suggested I call the fraud department. I called the "fraud" division of Hotwire about 15 times as I was furious anyone would claim this. Two months later and I still call once a week and leave a message. Never heard from them. I have also tried to contact Hotwire and they continue to refer me to a fraud department that does not exist. Good luck if you choose to use Hotwire.

Hotwire.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hotwire is a San Francisco-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates on a wide range of services, including flights, car rentals and hotel rooms.

• Bundled services: Hotwire lets customers bundle travel services to get discounts.

• Partners: Hotwire partners with several other travel businesses, including Expedia and Hotels.com to access more deals.

• Mobile app: The iOS mobile app lets customers use Apple Pay.

• Last-minute deals: Hotwire publishes steep discounts from hotels that want to fill rooms at the last minute.

• Cancellations: Hotwire accepts cancellations for rooms at most hotels.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs