Hotwire
1.12/5
Based on 142 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a travel site?

Hotwire

1239 Hotwire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I was Promised a refund on 7/16/2018. Haven’t received it. It is now 8/15/18. I called Numerous of times. Agents are very rude. Supervisors rude. They can’t get in contact with the hotel so they are making me suffer. This is terrible. They are terrible. By far the worst booking site ever. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. THEY ARE TERRIBLE. RIP PEOPLE OFF. GET RUDE AND SNOBBY WHEN You complain about your money. Terrible. I’ll never use them again. They need better service and I’m taking this to my social media platform and following on Twitter.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I had the most horrible experience I would never ever forget with Hotwire. This was my first time using Hotwire and it would definitely be the last. I booked my flight and hotel through Hotwire 6 weeks ahead of my trip to Virginia and I got confirmation of my booking sent into my mail. I flew to Virginia in the morning and immediately got busy with what I came to do and I finished up 9 pm with the hope of going to my hotel room to sleep and wake up 5 am the following day to continue where I stopped. On getting to the hotel, the hotel staff, very polite young lady told me my room was not paid for by Hotwire so the reservation was not confirmed. The Hotwire later called the hotel to make the payment after I called customer service but the transaction was repeatedly declined because of Hotwire bad credit card.

After like almost 3 hrs of waiting in the reception, that was around 11.45 pm at night, Hotwire called me back and apologise that the only thing they could do is to refund my money as they didn't understand why the transaction was being declined. This people sent me mail that my hotel booking was confirmed since 6 weeks ago when they knew they never paid yet. I had to call a friend living in like 1.5 hrs away in the middle of the night who later came to my rescue. I could have ended up sleep under the bridge. I just thanked God my wife didn't make that trip with me. I was just able to sleep for 1 hour plus before I jumped out the following morning, I felt so weak and sorry for my self because I didn't deserve to go through this having booked 6 weeks ahead. Hotwire is the worst ever. Please don't make your hotel reservation with them.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We booked a room using Hotwire's hot deal. We selected a 3.5 star hotel. When the hotel was selected, we weren't familiar with it. Upon review of the hotel's website, we determined that we could have booked a room cheaper, direct from hotel. When we booked through Hotwire, we selected hotel protection. We called Hotwire to explain the situation, asking them to cancel our reservation or assign a better hotel, to which they were not willing to do either and told us that the only way the cancellation could occur was inclement weather or if we were admitted to a hospital. We will never use Hotwire again and we suggest you don't either!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL OR BOOK THRU HOTWIRE. My experience began when I arrived at the hotel. The rooms had cracked windows, drug infested and prostitution people living in the hotel “WELFARE HOTEL.” The pool was disgusting with floating pampers and green molded water. Hotel looked like it was abandoned and not been updated and maintained in decades. The place looked real shady, I did not felt comfortable staying in my hotel room.

I finally checked in my room and the room smelled like ammonia from Cat urine and dried up blood stains in the floor. Hotel room looked like a crack house from the 90’s. I complained and they provided me a new room which still sucks, I had no choice so I bought air fresheners to make the room smell a little decent. I left my belonging in my room and took a walk at the boardwalk.

When I arrived back in my room someone was staying there and all my stuff was thrown out in the lobby. I complained to the manager and he said, "Since you booked thru 'HOTWIRE',” I got a cheaper rate and they got more money from another customer. Manager said they didn’t have any more reservations and I will have to call “HOTWIRE” to discuss on getting my money in return. I called Hotwire and they called the Hotel to confirm what happened. Hotel lied about everything and HOTWIRE SAID THEY ARE NOT REFUNDING MY MONEY BACK AND THEY ARE SORRY!!! In a nutshell Hotwire and Knights Inn Atlantic NJ stoled my money.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

This is about the customer service. I purchased ya tickets to California last year, One for my boyfriend and One for myself and I purchased the insurance. I had to unexpectedly cancel my trip and when I tried to use the insurance I was told I could only use it for a death or sickness! And then I told them I had neither so they gave me a credit for one year and said I had to pay $200 PER PERSON when I book the hotel again which doesn’t make sense because I paid for the tickets with one card. Then I called and asked if I could have both credits in my name because me and my boyfriend broke up and they said I had to keep it in his name which again doesn’t make sense because I paid for both tickets under my name. Needless to say I am very upset with my experience with Hotwire and will not be using you guys again for my travel and I have used you guys multiple times. My credit has now expired and I am out almost $900 just wasted! Horrible customer service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotwire.com?

Original review: July 31, 2018

I booked a hotel with Hotwire and chose a 4 star rating for 3 families (3 per room). When we were given our hotel I called the hotel to check out accommodations... I was told that we have a single room and would be charged an extra $25 per family if the room needed a rollaway bed. What? We were 3 people in a room Hotwire makes you choose your star rating... I chose 4 star! How does a rollaway bed equate to a 4 star hotel? After me hearing this information I called Hotwire and YES I was confused/upset - We were going to New York with our son who is 17 and too big for a rollaway bed or to sleep with mom and dad. Hotwire said that they will call to rebook elsewhere...

I was on the phone for 3 hours. They could not find any other hotel. Sounds fishy! Now they are going to call the hotel they booked me with and they said that they are going to confirm a double room (2 beds) in each room for my booking, now, I'm happy it's 1:20 am and they are going to send me a confirmation. When I woke up I checked my email and there was no confirmation. I called Hotwire again!!! I was on the phone for again approx. 3 hrs. This is crazy! In the end they were crediting me $100 Hotwire dollars to use on my next booking and I'm getting a double bedroom (2 beds) and the other 2 families might get rollaway beds.

I arrive in New York, I check in, I did not get a double room; the hotel does not have any left. I did get a room that equate to 2 stars and a rollaway bed that I almost had to fight for in front of a crowd of people. In the end Hotwire said whatever they could to get me off the phone and for my persistence they credited me $100 Hotwire credit. This was all to their favour because they had me pay 4 star fees for a 2 star service. I'm one unhappy Hotwire customer,

Original review: July 29, 2018

First and last time I’m ever using Hotwire. Looked for a hotel for 2 nights with the hotwire rate and I didn’t like the no refund policy so before I passed on it a “button” came up saying “not sure you can make the date? Get hotel protection!” So I bought the protection. Sure enough plans got changed and when I went to get my $250 back, hotwire referred me to the junk travel insurance company they work through and the only time you can collect is if you are dead or someone close to you is dead. Plus the hotel was in a high traveled area and so they made double the amount as I am positive they were able to fill the room. Won’t ever use the travel insurance OR hotwire ever again and we travel a lot too.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I made a hotel reservation through Hotwire for two nights in Chicago. When I went to check in I was charged a mandatory $10 daily destination fee. I called hotwire and the lady at the customer service kept repeating the same statements like a recorded tape that I have to pay all extras such as room service, parking, etc. I told her those are optional services and anyone knows that if you use those services you have to pay for it. It is a universal understanding for all. But what I was charged was "Mandatory". Either I use the internet or not, the food coupon they provided or not, I had to pay for it. No help at all, she kept reading me the same clause.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I rented a car for a pickup of 930pm on Friday and dropoff at 11pm on the following Wednesday. When I got the email confirmation after going through all the steps on the website to book the site reverted my times back to their default of noon and noon for pickup and dropoff. I did not notice this until the night before pickup when I went to confirm 9 or 930pm and found the error. Hotwire refused to change the dropoff time as I could work with the pickup claiming that Enterprise, the car rental company they booked through, would not make the change and stating that all sales were final and could not be modified. Now that I am driving 8-9 hours home on that Wednesday I am going to be charged extra for not being there to turn in this rental at noon which was not what I had selected to book.

BEWARE of their site making changes in the background without your knowledge and locking you into the booking which could not be cancelled as they stated "Hot deal rate"!!! I will never ever again book ANYTHING through this company who I think are all crooked and their site needs to be taken down and rewritten so it works correctly. I will end up having to pay an additional day for this rental. They claimed they could cancel and rebook (Hotwire) but would cost me an additional $325 on top of what I had already paid. Yet when I wanted to cancel as I had worked a backup plan with Enterprise they claim it could NOT be cancelled. They are just a bunch of **!!! Run far far away from Hotwire no matter what the price is they claim they can get you as you will pay in the end!!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

On July 23 I book 5 tickets from California to Montréal. I went ahead with the transaction then only realized that the price are different due to booking fee. Hotwire charge $10 booking fee/person. Then another member of the family want to travel at the same time and the same day. I call customer service and request to cancel the ticket so I can rebook. The representative said I will get the refund, but didn’t mention that the booking fee are NONREFUNDABLE. I searched tickets for 6 persons with Hotwire.com again then search with Orbitz.com and with Expedia.com and decided to book my ticket with Expedia.com. With the same itinerary for 6 persons I was charged only $12.95.

Today I signed in to my bank account and found out that the original air ticket price was not go through because I cancel within 1 hour after booking, however the booking fee $50 from Hotwire go through. I called Hotwire, and they said they couldn’t find any way to refund my booking fee. They say they are sorry. Is there anybody aware or notice that when they get the confirmation email about the cancellation they don’t really get full refund? Even when I talk with customer service they never mention about booking fees are non refundable. If I rebook with Hotwire then I have to pay another $60 booking fee. Anyone experience the same things and who will protect consumers like us?

Original review: July 23, 2018

I booked a hotel using Hotwire on 7/22/18 -- the "Hot Rate" was $111 with all taxes/fees added. Well...got a bill under my door this morning by mistake -- total if I had paid the hotel directly was $92.90 with fees/taxes!!! Called Hotwire--can't do anything about it. SO BEWARE...check directly with hotels FIRST!!! I could have saved approximately $20 on this room!

Original review: July 19, 2018

We wanted to travel to Detroit, have used Hotwire several times before, no problem. They gave us sixth car rental. They said we couldn't travel there, only could go to Florida, North Carolina, Miss., Georgia, we were disappointed since this was travel day, and we paid for car 2 months in advance! Talked to Hotwire and supervisors, no one really cared, all they could say is no changes and no refund. Never use Hotwire! So bad for consumers! Almost spoiled our vacation... Rent car from car rental places! Unhappy!

Original review: July 19, 2018

I just made a reservation for 2 queen bed at Wyndham in Clearwater Fl. During my payment verification system stated price changed. When finalizing changed my reservation to a King bed! I have pictures of the two queen bed reservation. Called Hotwire right away on the phone for 40 minutes pretty much nothing they can do. Well, will never use again. Beware to any hotels or resorts using Hotwire they should stop! Just plain fraud and misrepresentation. They were willing to cancel at my cost, just would not try to fix what their system messed up. At 10, 11 and 11:30 am they are still showing the two queen bed on reservations. What a joke of a company!!! Will be making a complaint to Attorney General.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I read the reviews and decided to book with Hotwire AND Molicie Hotel and Spa in Medellin, Colombia. That was a terrible decision. Overall, everything advertised on Hotwire was fake and misrepresented. You will find this hotel in front of a construction site from 7am till 6pm. The hotel itself is like a prison and feels like a prison. Staff does not speak English. No premium bedding, you get a bar of soap, and a 12 in TV, no A/C in the room and no hot water after midnight. You get charged for additional guest who comes to visit you.

I spoke to Hotwire and Raven, a manager with Hotwire. Nothing was resolved. In fact, they told me to read the hotel policies and their policies. This was my last time booking with Hotwire. It's no wonder they have so many complaints. Bad company, bad representation, and no customer service resolve. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HOTWIRE for your vacation needs. I do not recommend this hotel at all. It shows a three star but it is a zero star in my opinion. Be warned. Book at your own risk!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I made a reservation for a car to be picked up in Fort Lauderdale, Fl and returned in Melbourne, Fl. Their system allowed me to go through with the reservation, but when I received the confirmation in my email, the drop off place was changed to the same pickup place. HOTWIRE has a "no cancellation" policy and due to a hearing disability I was not able to understand the operator. They should have a way to cancel, online, the same way we are able to make the reservation. I believe they deceive people by not being upfront. They should have told me they had no drop off service in Melbourne, Fl.

Original review: July 11, 2018

This is my first and last time using this internet service. I booked a car at Atlanta airport, paid the amount charged on my credit card. When I get to the airport to pick up the car I was told that I had to have a flight itinerary, showing where I flew in from and where and when I was flying out. I was shocked and told the lady behind the counter at Ace car rental, (who I might add was a very unconcerned and not customer oriented at all), that that was not part of the online process. She insisted that it was and it was just too bad I didn't read the fine print. I proceeded to call the Hotwire customer service number. The gentleman who answered my call said there was no reason for them not to rent me a car. He spoke with the lady behind the desk and she told him the same thing that that was part of their policy.

At that point I was upset and asked for a refund of all of my money. He first said their policy was no refund. After going round and round with him. He decided to refund me but my money would be tied up for at least 7 days. So I could not use my card to reserve or pay for another vehicle. Please beware of this service, they have no right to rent to anyone if they are not aware of the company's policy. As for Ace car rental, I will never use nor refer them to anyone.

Original review: July 8, 2018

It is the second time that I rent a car using this application. On both occasions, they offered me insurance for the car and when I go to the place to pick up the car, the insurance does not accept it. But on this second occasion, they never refund me the money. Although I canceled the policy before picking up the car, they never refund me the money. Even, contact someone in this application for the "chat" and told me that there are very few places where they do not accept the insurance they offer. I do not use this application again.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Stay away from Hotwire. I paid in full for rental car with a travel package I got to my destination. Couldn't get rental car thru Thrifty (stay away from too). My car was given away. They had no car but of course that is not what they told us. They said "our card was declined and NOT going thru" but a lie. It worked just fine at Budget and everywhere else... Anyways Hotwire was supposed to issue a full refund and it's now been over a month and still no refund. Apparently it hadn't even been done, so now they say it will take 15 more days to process... So I have to wait 2 months. WE SHALL SEE IF I EVEN GET THE REFUND... What a joke. I called and called and got the run around, no phone calls back from Managers... BEWARE. DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I brought my kids to a last minute trip to the beach. We decided to get a hotel room and we search 2 or 3 different websites for deals in hotels. We end up choosing one of Hotwire deals. I searched for hotel rooms in Ocean City Maryland and it give me many different areas. I end up choosing the best deal and after checking the bill which was very much double of what they were promoting (the hotel was charging $50 and Hotwire’s fees and taxes made it more than $100 a night) but we needed a place to stay. I reserved 2 rooms. I put all my information noticing that it was not an address of the hotel. I’m not very familiar with the areas but I know the difference between states.

Once I was able to see the full information it showed that the hotel was in Atlantic City, Galloway IN NEW JERSEY! And I was in Maryland with no intentions to drive more than 5 hours away. I called immediately, maybe 3 minutes after paying and they told me that IS NON REFUNDABLE. I tried talking to supervisors and they told me that they have ways to see that I was the one who made the mistake. They offer me $50 back! No hotel in this area was going to take that money for 6 people. I didn’t have enough money for a hotel so I had to drive back home. I am so disappointed and upset. They ruined the little time I had to relax. I live 3 hours away, but what if they do this to a tourist coming from another country? They would be stuck on the streets! DO NOT USE THEM. They are shameless and they do not care about the clients. They only want your money.

Original review: July 3, 2018

We booked a stay at Hotwire 3 star hotel - selected 2 beds - in San Diego in March for a June vacation (was "Crowne Plaza"). Just hours before arrival, I called hotel & was told Hotwire canceled our room a week before our arrival & there was no availability at hotel (2 hours before arrival no room! We had booked 3 months ago!). After 2 different calls, hours on phone with rude customer service "robots" where Hotwire 1st admitted they canceled without notifying us, they then rebooked a different option. A Hotwire supervisor then denied that they had canceled in 1st place (lied to me - a previous employee had already admitted the mistake). The new room booked last minute didn't accommodate 2 adults/2 kids so stressful (King = 3 person limit).

Upon arrival the hotel suddenly had a 2 bedroom that another guest had vacated, but everything in the room was broken (AC, safe, etc - hot smelly room someone didn't want) & room smelled smokey, moldy, was dirty as they didn't clean after other guest vacated (didn't bother to restock the soap). So hot we couldn't sleep & AC repair people kept coming in room during day disturbing us. Hotwire destroyed our vacation by canceling a locked in reservation, refusing to refund money, then failing to provide us with what was offered (a 3 star 2 bed accommodation smoke-free in quality hotel). We got back nothing - not even a credit for troubles - and the Hotwire staff were rude as can be. We will not use Hotwire again! Horrible service that destroyed our vacation plans! They don't provide quality service & lie about their mistakes!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Using Hotwire for the first time, I trusted this site to be accurate. Hotwire said the hotel was pet friendly when actually it is not! It’s a good thing I checked it out before I arrived. To make matters worse, I have to wait for my refund! I’m on a tight budget and need that money to book the appropriate hotel Hotwire was “supposed” to do in the beginning. First and last time doing business with them!

Original review: July 2, 2018

Very disappointed with this website. Hotwire overcharged me. The hotel was actually cheaper if I would have booked through them instead and I would have gotten 15% off for being a Florida resident. I would also gotten free breakfast. You GUYS SUCK!!! Never again would use any booking website. Don't ever use this company.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I had booked my 3 Days Stay at San Diego, CA Hotel without comparing and checking with the Hotel's direct reservations. Later found that if I had booked directly with the Hotel, I would have got the choice of my room, Got my pref. Bed with lesser cost. So STOP BOOKING YOUR RESERVATIONS THROUGH HOTWIRE and as well as the Supervisor and customer service were rude & not considering the facts to even match my difference. SO DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 1, 2018

On my adventure in using Hotwire hotel when they capture your card information you do not know what you will receive. Bad customer or misleading information regarding your reservation. I had the nightmare experience of capturing a customer service agent by the name Neo who had absolutely no customer service skills to address a simple concern. A company that operates out of deceptive practice and use properties that should be abandoned. Companies as such be regulated with practices that don’t take money from consumers blindly and refuse to give full disclosure on why and up front what you can and will buy. This is not American. Let’s do the right thing. Shut them down. They practice should have some type of compliance that don’t allow them.

Original review: June 28, 2018

First the company kept changing my flights. Then while trying to cancel my round trip flights I was never able to communicate with someone knowledgeable enough to help me, on hold sometimes for an hour, nobody communicate with others in the company. The company does not give you any help when you need to cancel. You cannot speak to a supervisor. Today I talked to 3 different persons during 3 different calls and on their side it was the same words but no one willing to help. It is very frustrating when I had bought 6 airline tickets and now I have lost more than $4000.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have used Hotwire for years, so I was completely taken off guard, shocked and appalled at how I was treated on June 9th. Booking air travel through Hotwire.com, I expect to be notified of itinerary changes, and was pleasantly surprised that our itinerary remained unchanged in the months before our trip. I printed the itinerary from Hotwire.com on June 5th, and we flew from OAK to SEA on the 6th uneventfully. After a wonderful trip, we presented ourselves at the Alaska Air counter for check-in for our trip home, 5 hours ahead of our flight time. However, the flight Hotwire.com booked us on, did not exist. Thank goodness we were 5 hours early! We and Alaska staff could see our itinerary online on Hotwire.com, but it just was not an existing flight. Alaska offered us seats on a flight to SFO, but our car was in Oakland, and Alaska didn't have any flights at all to Oakland that day.

Alaska staff were extremely helpful and told us of other airlines with flights to OAK. I called Hotwire, and was told that I had to work it out with the airline. Requested a supervisor, and was put on hold for 20 minutes. Keeping my phone on hold, I called Hotwire with another phone. I explained that I can't be kept on hold, because I am standing at the airline counter with NO WAY TO GET HOME, because Hotwire booked me on a non-existent flight, that I can't work it out with the airline, because they don't have a flight! A supervisor named Sean came to the phone. He told me my booking is non-refundable, and they are not putting me on another airline, and I had to work it out with Alaska. At this point I was crying, (Gah I am so weak sometimes) and my boyfriend had to take over the call (it was his phone anyway :)).

'Supervisor Sean' continued to refuse to accept any responsibility. He agreed to talk to the Alaska Air agent. She advised him that they would be more than happy to give us seats on a flight, if there was a flight to our destination! She started to provide him information of other airlines that had flights, and he yelled at her. She gave the phone back to my boyfriend. 'Supervisor Sean' refused to provide a last name or an ID reference. Boyfriend thanked him for being no help at all, told him we'll figure it out, and ended the call. 'Supervisor Sean' had the nerve to CALL BACK and yell at us for 'being rude.' In the end, we accepted the kind offer of a flight from Alaska to the wrong city, and found a ride to our car. I will never trust hotwire.com again, and don't understand how they remain in business if this is how customers are treated when customer service is needed.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I booked two nights with Hotwire through their mystery hot deal. What a mistake that was! I was lead to believe that the hotels listed were about the same caliber... a good 3.0 stars. There was NO comparison. Not only do they misrepresent their promotion of a "deal" but they do not take into account the safety or cleanliness of the property. I understood that my reservations were non-refundable and they expect the consumer to abide by those terms but this website is NOT looking out for the best interest of the consumer. What is the responsibility of this business? It is their business to know about the properties that they are representing. There is NO way the other hotel sites were comparable to this hotel. As far as I am concerned, this is false advertisement. I ended up walking away from this hotel because there were long-term residents living there. It did not look safe, it was very dirty outside and the room smelled of smoke.

Furthermore, I was afraid to even leave my rental car parked there. There were guys working on their cars/truck in front of the hotel. However, the manager tried to get us a room at the hotel next door but it was booked. She could not provide us with a safe/clean non-smoking room. We had to find somewhere else to stay and paid 4x more.

This place should NOT be a "choice" on this website or any online website for that matter. It should have not been advertised in a "mystery" deal. It did NOT compare to any of the other hotels offered on the "mystery deal." I called Hotwire and expressed my concerns so others would not have to experience this and lose their money. They said that they do not know what the hotels look like. Their star ratings are based on consumers. So I asked them if they have read their own reviews about this particular site because the reviews were all negative. I was professional about it and wanted to speak to someone in the United States but they were not able to accommodate my request. I was offered $25.00. No thank you! The point was missed and I would NEVER use Hotwire again!

Original review: June 21, 2018 I book a room through Hotwire's "Hot" rate, no cancellations, refunds or changes, and your hotel is not revealed til after they take your money from you. $175.73

They have a guarantee that they are lower than the rack rate. They don't make it clear that the guarantee only applies to the room rate, and that they make up for the discount by simply moving the discount amount to the "fees" side of your charges, so that I end up paying more than just using Marriott's reservation website, which in this case is $175.41.

Yes, I paid $.32 more using Hotwire. And they I called just now and they won't even pay me back $.32. They said Hotwire's room rate is lower, and it doesn't matter if the taxes and fees are 3 times higher on Hotwire than are charged by the hotel. I wanted them to refund me for overcharging me $12.32 on the taxes and fees compared to the rack rate taxes and fees. They said, no the guarantee doesn't cover that, and they are very sorry that I ended paying more using their services than booking directly, and please visit our site to make my next hotel booking, thank you very much!

Original review: June 20, 2018

We recently reserved a room from Hotwire for Durango Colorado for a vacation to ride the train but because of the recent fire the railroad cancelled our reservation and refunded us our money. I contacted Hotwire to see if we could get our money back $500.49 since there was no reason to make the trip now because the railroad would not be running. But they were rude and would not refund our money even though it was out of our control because of the wildland fire burning near Durango. I would not recommend this company to anyone because their customer service is crap. They don't care at all about you as a customer. They just want your money and are not willing to make things right.

Original review: June 19, 2018

20% service fee, trip insurance is only for a medical emergency, non-refundable period. I was traveling with my daughter and her son and needed two beds. The site said you could choose the type of bed set-up you preferred. Once booked, I reviewed my purchase and was given a king bed and a couch at Cambria Suites in Fort Collins, CO. They also excluded the free breakfast. I called the hotel and they said too bad. I tried to use the cancellation insurance which stated you could cancel for any reason. Not so, medical emergency or catastrophe only. I am Giving Cambria Suites a negative review also. Hotwire customer service politely said, "you should have read everything very carefully, regardless if you like the accommodations or not, it is not refundable." DO NOT USE HOTWIRE.

Not sure about Hotwire?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Sites for you.

Hotwire.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hotwire is a San Francisco-based company that helps travelers find discounted rates on a wide range of services, including flights, car rentals and hotel rooms.

• Bundled services: Hotwire lets customers bundle travel services to get discounts.

• Partners: Hotwire partners with several other travel businesses, including Expedia and Hotels.com to access more deals.

• Mobile app: The iOS mobile app lets customers use Apple Pay.

• Last-minute deals: Hotwire publishes steep discounts from hotels that want to fill rooms at the last minute.

• Cancellations: Hotwire accepts cancellations for rooms at most hotels.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

San Francisco
    94111-2627
    www.hotwire.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business