It's that easy Request Information
4.16/5
Based on 1,303 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you planning to book a trip soon? BookIt.com is a web-based company working hard every day to provide travelers with the easiest booking experience possible.

We promise to help you find the best rates for your upcoming adventure and ensure all of your trip arrangements are taken care of. Visit our website today!

BookIt.com Video
View More View More

7293 BookIt.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 13, 2019

I called to verify one of the All Inclusive Feature comments under the description of the rooms (Unlimited National and Imported Drinks Between 11:00 A.M. - 2:00 A.M., Including in the Disco). That comment is super confusing and conflicts with being all inclusive. The phone call didn't really clear anything up for me. I ended going to the hotel's website to verify. I was booking it while talking to the customer service rep. When I hit the complete button, the page didn't load and I received the error message below.

"Note: There was an error while trying to book the hotel portion of your package. The flight portion booked successfully and was charged to your credit card. Please do not attempt to re-book this package. Attempting to re-book the package may result in duplicate flight charges to your credit card which are charged by the airline and may be non-refundable." Thankfully the service rep was able to figure things out on his end. I will say that the service reps should know the promo codes that are available for the vacations being booked. I had to ask him to put it in. Other than that, he was very helpful.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I booked a package vacation with the Black Friday special on the Sunday after Black Friday. Then I saw that the price had dropped on a cyber Monday by over 100 dollars. I called BookIt.com to have them honor the new price. I spoke to Temeka, who diligently worked with me to have Bookit honor the new prices. She had to cancel my old reservation, do a new reservation, and do all of this extra work to do this for me. We were on the phone for 90 minutes to make this happen. 90 minutes! This wasn’t her fault. Bookit doesn’t make it easy for their customer service agents to help out customers like me. If you make it easier for customers, then your agents would have an easier time making us happy. Eventually it worked out, but wow, that’s 90 minutes that I will never get back.

I don’t like to feel like I’m being ripped off. If I see a lower price the next day, I’m going to ask for a company to honor it. That is the ethical thing to do and the right thing to do. Temeka was professional and courteous and really worked so hard. But Bookit needs to make changes to their policy about price matching, especially on their own site. I booked a vacation with another similar company earlier this year. The price dropped $200 a week later, I called them, and they honored the new price with no pushback. Nothing. They just did it because it was the right thing to do.

Bookit has incredible deals on vacations, but I would be reluctant to use you again due to this fiasco last night. Wasn’t a fabulous experience. I’m hoping the vacation goes off smoothly and all of this work translates into a stress-free vacation, but I’m disappointed at your policies about doing the right thing when it comes to price matching. But Temeka was great. But it doesn’t negate the other stuff.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have been searching websites to go away on vacation for weeks now. The price has continued to be out of my range until I saw Cyber Monday specials through BookIt. Because if this, I could afford to go away. I couldn’t book it online because every time I tried to grab air and check out, it wouldn’t allow me to have the air I wanted and would give me different air. Because if this I had to call and book it. I first spoke to a customer rep who was very nice but wasn’t as knowledgeable with air. I knew my price was cheaper than what he was coming up with and he assumed the air I wanted wasn’t available anymore since he couldn’t find it and it was Cyber Monday so I booked a different flight and paid more but the most I wanted to spend.

After I got off the phone I researched it online under book it under flights and it was still there and cheaper than the flight he gave me. Plus the times were better which was weird. I called back right away and spoke to a rep named Jamie **. He was awesome! He was able to cancel my original flight and book my new one and saved me the $400 I originally saw when trying to book online. Due to Cyber Monday the site was overloaded and I guess they had to book things separately. He was patient, understanding, and willing to accommodate me to save me the money despite having it already booked. He is an asset to Book It and hope he gets recognition for customer service.

Thank you Book It! After 2 hours of being on the phone, I am ready to go on vacation in Feb!! Will continue to use this site and hope it becomes easier next big sale. Supposedly it was American Airlines they were having problems with. I am very satisfied despite the craziness. I will definitely use Book It again. We travel yearly and this by far was the best time to book and the best rate!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Aruba Vacation - So far this has been easy and I believe I got a really good deal. Only issue is the confirmed booking receipt does not state exactly what the room is supposed to be (king ocean view with balcony), so when we get there if hotel does not honor, we will not have much to go on. Will know more after the trip in late February.

Original review: July 25, 2018

After many days of frustratingly searching online and making phone calls to plan the best financial and experiential decision for our next vacation, I came upon BookIt.com. They offered a comparable rate for hotel and flight for my family of 4. The site was easy to use and I was able to select preferred flights as well as hotel. I was even able to email to myself or someone else what I was searching. Cool feature!

After signing up with them I received a $100 new member coupon (not sure if it expires and you can only use one at a time). As booking a vacation for a family of 4 is not cheap, I was glad that a payment plan option was available. I liked that I did not have to open up a line of credit and before I selected the trip the breakdown was itemized. This helped me make an informed decision. (If you are splitting the payment with someone else, there's an option for that, too. It seems that they thought of everything.) I hope to be able to book through this company again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BookIt.com?

Original review: May 19, 2019

We attempted to book on another website and the price changed upon purchased by a couple of hundred so we tried another website and again the price changed upon purchase but this time by $2k, a ridiculous increased. Final attempt to book this resort using Bookit and no changes and we were able to confirm at the price shown. Thank you for saving us and now we are looking forward to an awesome trip in 3 weeks!

Original review: May 18, 2019

The representative was very very helpful. I had trouble with my reservation With a name spelling and being incorrect and she took the time to get it straighten out. It took a long time so I appreciate her time and patience.

Hi Danielle,

We take pride in our amazing Team and we are glad we were able to assist you. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: May 18, 2019

This was the 1st time using BookIt and I will use again, so easy to understand, the prices are so good. I would never have thought about going on vacation with this site. You guys have made my 30th wedding anniversary great.

Original review: May 18, 2019

For the past few years I have used BookIt. Always been a pleasure. It's a complete ease of mind to know everything is taken care of. I will continue to use BookIt for their reasonable prices. I always refer my friends to BookIt.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I was extremely happy with the ease of booking our vacation on this site. Also loved the fact of being able to make a couple payment on it before the trip. WELL DONE BOOKIT.COM. We will definitely be using your site in the future.

Original review: May 18, 2019

It was very easy to book and find the hotel and flight I was looking for! I also like all the options at my fingertips. Now just hoping that when it’s time for my trip everything goes accordingly and I’m not disappointed.

Original review: May 16, 2019

My experience booking a stay for my family was satisfying. Leandro the agent that helped was very attentive and made the experience smooth. He informed me on when was best to book to save money. Thank you. I will recommend this website to my friends and family.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I hope to have a great experience. We will see how it goes. Booking was pretty straightforward. I like the fact you can book all in one place. Let's see what BookIt.com has to offer to this trip. This is my first experience with the company.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Our agent, Caitlyn, was exceptional. She took time with us, told us all about our resort, gave us info on other resorts and she explained everything. We really appreciated all the help she gave to us. We have in the past and will continue to use BookIt for our travel needs.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2019

Site will not allow you to pick airline seats. I get all the way through multiple times and hit to purchase and an “error” message pops up. You HAVE to call customer service. I got so frustrated I wanted to cancel my reservation and another “error “ message asking to call customer service. I call customer service. Of course you're on hold forever. I hung up. Hidden fees and not very easy to get a hold of them to help. I’ll try again to call. If any different I’ll update my rating.

Hi Lonni,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. As a company, we do strive to meet the needs of all of our guests, so we’re very sorry to hear about your experience and we understand your frustration. Please know that a Team Member will be in contact to assist you. If you need anything in the meantime, just let us know.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I had difficulty with the booking confirmation and customer services provided the help rapidly. All was explained and got my reservation. Thank you for the awesome service! Next vacation definitely will be done with BookIt. The delay payments worked perfectly for my family.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I received an email stating the resort we booked was going to be closed during our stay due to renovations. I did not like the resort that was picked out for us as a replacement and when I called did not get any help in finding another property. It seems like we should've been given several choices instead of being made to stay where you want us to stay. The resort didn't even compare to the one we originally had. I'm very disappointed in the service and customer service. I was told "there are no other resorts we can offer you." I don't believe that for one minute. I will not be going through BookIt ever again.

Hi Anthony,

We want all of our Guests to have a wonderful experience and do our best to help you get exactly what you want so we're sorry to hear about this. If you would like to speak to someone about your experience, or if you would like to review other resort options please let us know, and we will have a team member contact you. Thank you.

Original review: May 14, 2019

So easy to navigate web site and best prices. This trip is very special because my daughters will be joining me. I just started using BookIt and will be recommending it to all my friends. I have always used Expedia and after bookit web site don’t care to go back. Thank you.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was in a “pickle” and I needed to find a hotel ASAP. I had a great customer service representative who was extremely happy to help me find what I needed. He was patient and polite. Thank you Deveene for looking out!

Original review: May 14, 2019

If I had the opportunity to rate it without a star that would be my option. Being away with the military I finally was afforded the opportunity to check my emails on 5/13 to find out that I received an email from Bookit.com stating my trip was cancelled on 5/4. May 4th was my last payment date and on that same date two additional emails were sent stating that my booking would be cancelled and has been cancelled due to nonpayment. Needless to say my card had expired and it needed to be updated which caused this mishaps.

I find it hard to understand or comprehend why I was not notified by other means to correct this mishap. Altogether it appears the payment plan is fraudulent/scam and I would not recommend it to anyone. I immediately contacted a rep to find out that I will lose my requested room as no more were available. (downgrade) Here it is 5/14 and I am still getting the runaround as to rebooking. But the BEST part is that I am not being compensated for my inconvenience nor the countless hours I am spending to rectify this issue. The representatives (2) have been unable to provide accurate information and I was advised that a Supervisor would only document my complaint and could not offer any assistance. I will not book again with this Company.

Hi Willie,

We are sorry to hear that you had these issues. In looking at your booking now, it appears that everything has been sorted out and you were fully assisted. Please note that all payment information, including payment dates, and times are located in the lodging terms and conditions. In order to complete the booking, you must agree to all the terms and conditions that are displayed. If you find that you need future assistance, please let us know. Have a great trip! Thank you for your comments

Original review: May 14, 2019

Very positive experience using the BookIt site. The discount offered was so much better than other booking websites. There is also a huge variety and options to choose from. I will definitely use it again to book trips in the future.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Updated on 05/14/2019: I am not happy with the resolution. Due to the flight departments closure on date I called initially, I paid a higher cost for the same airfare. In addition to a $200 change fee?!?! And what is this $100 - 300 range? Why did I not pay $100 and who is this fee going to anyway. My understanding was the airline but this is double what American Airlines charges. Your email stating I can rebook directly with the airline is deceitful. The email from BookIt company says they charge a $25 booking fee. I am now paying $850 to go to Florida when I should be halfway around the world at that cost!!

Original review: Today, I called to get information about my flight credit I received from a trip I had to cancel. When I cancelled in April the BookIt rep informed me that I would have a flight credit for $563. Currently, I need to book a flight with the same airline provider, American Airlines, from the cancelled flight. American Airlines informed me that they cannot assist me with a third party fare, as it is a deeply discounted fare and they had no information as to credit amounts. So at this point I assume my money resides with BookIt. BookIt states in my trip cancellation email that I can rebook with the airlines (false - blatant lie) or book through them for a $25 fee (however, they don't even help when you call them). BookIt company is taking no accountability to resolve my flight credit.

BookIt informed me today that their Flight Department was "closed" due to unusually high call volumes. They said I can call back later to try to reach them. This was after being on hold with BookIt twice for 30 minutes to reach a rep. However, they were still assisting new customers with booking new trips. This is terrible customer service! My money is now held hostage by this company, while I stress about whether I can make my upcoming scheduled travel and keep hotel accommodations. The flight I need to schedule is 5 days away and I am no closer to understanding the flight credit booking process.

The rep I spoke with noted the travel dates I requested and completed a ticket for someone to reach out to me. He could give me no estimate on the amount of time it would take for another rep to reach out nor could he give me an individual's contact number. He also said he would not quote me a timeframe to hear from the company, because if it's not within the period of time he quotes me then "It would make him a liar." Seriously!?! This has been a ridiculous experience. I feel lied to and defrauded. Not to mention the incredible amount of stress this has caused me and time it's taking away from me at work at my job to get resolution with these shenanigans by BookIt. Shame on you BookIt.

Hi Lindsay,

We're so very sorry to hear about this. In looking at your booking now we see that everything was sorted out. If you would like to speak to someone about your experience or need anything else, please let us know, and we will have a representative contact you. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I found your website fairly easy to navigate. Some screens are a bit busy. It was hard to find the flight information until late in the process. Also, not very intuitive on how to select seats. It shows some as being handicapped but you are able to select them. Overall it was pretty easy. This review is only for the booking process. Not the travel experience as I haven't gone yet.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Horrible customer service. I lost my flight information, tried to call customer service they kept hanging up on me. Email just vanished, no follow up emails or reminders. I will be using another company to book my trips next time.

Hi Lydia,

We're so sorry to hear about this. The comments we receive from our guests are very important to us, so we can see what areas we excel or need improvement. Your valuable comments will be addressed to our call center management to improve our service in all possible ways. If you would like to speak to a team member about your experience, or need anything else, just let us know. Thank you.

Original review: May 12, 2019

This is my 6th times using BookIt in my travels to Mexico and the Caribbean and as always it’s easy, simple, honest, and straightforward I love BOOKIT.com. Even when I’m having connection from Jamaica to Miami was cancel and I was stranded at the airport they did their best to help.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I just want to say that my experience was super smooth - I found the best deal after searching every travel site I could think of! This was by far the easiest and best deal! I will use BookiIt from now on.

Original review: May 12, 2019

The company charged us twice making it the same price as the hotel on the hotel's website. We should have just booked it on the actual hotel website seeing how we can't get ahold of customer service.

Hi Cody,

Thank you for reaching out about your experience with us, and we understand your frustration. We'd be happy to assist you, just let us know and we will have a representative contact you.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I am pleased with how BookIt handles my reservation in the end. At first, I was furious and mad with them for the cancellation of my booking. They without suggesting, they have rebooked a reasonable confirmed location with which we (my wife and I) were truly satisfied with. Thanks BookIt, I am very pleased. BookIt all the way for me.

Original review: May 11, 2019

This was my first time with BookIt.com and I needed a lot of help, but both calls I had to make were successful and our trip was complete. I appreciate the extra time it took to make our trip and I know we will enjoy it. Will use BookIt.com for all our future trips.

Original review: May 11, 2019

The customer service rep that took my call maintained a calm tone but was sarcastic and rude as if she were doing me a favor when I am spending over 4 thousand dollars on 2 hotel rooms for my family. I was originally told I will not be charged a cancelation fee as long as I am rebooking immediately. While advising the rep of my initial conversation, she interrupted me with "alright alright alright" but I will note your account no further courtesies. I did not ask for a favor, I asked for BookIt to honor what I was told by my original customer service rep.

Hi Sarinna,

We're so sorry to hear about this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The comments we receive from our guest are very important to us, so we can see what areas we excel or need improvement. If you would like to speak to a team member about your experience, or need anything else before your trip, just let us know.

BookIt.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

BookIt.com is an online travel agency based in Panama City Beach, Florida. The company focuses on helping travelers find deals in the United States, Mexico and the Caribbean.

• Vacation packages: BookIt.com offers vacation packages to major tourist destinations throughout North America.

• Daily deals: Visitors can access daily deals that save them up to 50 percent on travel services.

• Favorite picks: BookIt.com chooses popular hotels to help travelers find accommodations that match their needs.

• Group rates: BookIt.com offers group discounts that can lower travel costs by up to 70 percent.

• Coupon codes: Travelers can save up to $100 with BookIt.com coupon codes.

• Best for: Domestic and budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs