3.25/5

2299 Hertz Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2019

When it came to purchasing a replacement car, I was so nervous. My old car was not drivable, and since I am retired, I decided on a used one for only shopping and appointments. I tried Cars.com and all the .com used cars I could find, but the mileage was too high for the price they were charging. There was also very little warranty. One day, I saw an ad for Hertz Used Cars. They had lots of great cars to choose from, and they were way under the Blue Book price.

Original review: April 24, 2019

My review is specifically for the Hertz location in Cincinnati, Ohio suburb of Fairfield. Specifically the one on Dixie Highway. Andrew & his team is the best! Courteous, friendly, funny and professional! I needed to pick up the vehicle a day earlier than scheduled as it was raining heavily and Andrew says it was fine and didn't charge me the extra day!

I've rented cars for 2 decades with every company imaginable and I can tell you I've never had that experience! I forgot my garage opener on my car visor and didn't realize it until I came home and called Hertz. Andrew answered the phone and he says, "Let me guess. You're sitting in front of your garage and wondering how you're going to get in?" Right on point. He didn't even have a chance to check the returned car yet. Evidently I'm not the first car renter this has happened to.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I rented a car from Hertz in San Fransisco. It was an easy and quick process. A few hours later I found myself nearly out of gas driving at night while driving alone in a strange city. I had been in a hurry and hadn't checked the gas tank. Apparently, neither did the Hertz attendant. Luckily, I was able to get gas safely, but I was truly nervous crossing the Bay Bridge with the gas light on. When I returned the car, I was told I would be charged more since I didn't return the car with a full tank. I explained the story and they wouldn't budge.

The manager came over to help. She immediately understood what I was trying to explain. She apologized, empathized and deducted all the gas money I had put into the car unnecessarily from my bill. Her name was Nichole ** and Hertz is lucky to have her. I entered the return area pretty ticked off, but now, because of her excellent customer service, I will absolutely use Hertz again. She also said it sounded like a training issue and she would reinforce with her staff that the gas tank is always to be checked. Again, I am now going to use Hertz anytime I need a rental car.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

When I went to pick up my car in Aspen CO, Amanda at the front desk noted it would be snowing for the next two days. She made a special trip (on a cold dark snowy night) to the far lot to get me car with all wheel drive so I would be safe in the snow (and warned me about the deer at night). Above and beyond customer service. Thanks Amanda... I feel better behind the wheel with your car selection for me.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

So I went over to the Hertz rental office in Tarry Town NY. It seems like that office got off to a slow start. I decided to go over to the location in Elmsford NY where I met ** 3rd Branch Manager at 54 North Central Avenue Elmsford NY, 10523 and he made things a lot better. I explained to him that I was in a rush to fix my vehicle and had to get to work. He assured me that he was going to make sure he get me out fast and was and he delivered just as promised. He was professional, courteous, and well mannered even though I came in a bit frustrated. There should be more branch managers such as **. I will definitely come back to this office.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hertz?

Original review: May 24, 2019

I placed an online reservation at Hertz in Bourbonnais, Illinois for a Luxury Sports Group G4 LSAR Cadillac XTS or similar. When I went to pick up the vehicle (within 40 minute of my scheduled pickup) the women at the front desk told us they tried to call me a few hours ago and my voicemail was full. She informed us that they no longer had the vehicle I reserved and they were giving us a Hyundai Elantra. When I stated that would not suffice - she said that all they would do for us. We left and called Hertz customer service line. After a 17 minute hold time the gentleman said I could transfer my reservation to another location, but I would have to work out the actual vehicle selection with that location.

We called Hertz, Mokena, Illinois and spoke to a pleasant young man who said they had like vehicles available. When asked if they were going to accept our reservations, he state he would have to check. He placed us on hold for 23 minutes. At the 23rd minute we called back (from another cell phone) and they answered promptly - for which we informed them we are still waiting on hold on the other line. The young lady was helpful, but repeatedly stated we would have to be there before closing. When we asked her if they were going to honor our reservations, she placed us on hold. Another irritable women picked up the phone and informed us that we would have to pay a higher rental rate. She stated if we rented a Chrysler 300 (the similar available vehicle) the rate was higher.

When I said that a Cadillac was as or more luxurious than a Chrysler 300 – she informed me that I don’t know my cars. I said I understood if the taxes were different, but I could not understand why Hertz would not honor the reservation. She said they were Hertz-Mokena and not Hertz-Bourbonnais. I asked quizzically if Hertz franchises operated differently – she confirmed they did not. When I stated the prices at McDonald's are the same in Mokena as they are in Bourbonnais - she asked me if I ever ate at McDonald's in downtown Chicago... I informed her she was not in downtown Chicago. She confirmed that Hertz - Mokena had no desire to make a happy customer… That they had no desire to make right Hertz - Bourbonnais’s failures. I wished her a happy holiday weekend and promised to share my experiences with others.

Three minutes before closing, we walked into Enterprises in Mokena, Illinois. The young lady who help us was awesome!! The other staff was also friendly. We all laughed at my trials and tribulations with Hertz. We were so pleased with the service that we reserved the vehicle for our two week trip in June. Thank you Enterprise in Mokena for such a wonderful customer experience.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I was charged triple the quoted price, I had no choice but to accept, I needed the car. They took advantage of me and my situation. I arrived on vacation and my family and I needed a car to get around.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Reserved a vehicle at Hertz airport location in Costa Rica. Quoted $99.00 for rental, which included all fees and taxes, when I picked up car I was told that insurance was mandatory and that without it they would not rent vehicle. Pushed the price to $214. Hertz corporate claims that they did know about mandatory insurance, In small print they mention that it's a possibility but can't include the price in the quote even though actually do show insurance prices on backpage. Complained to Hertz, received two conflicting responses, and no admission of bait and switch. So I sent a certified letter to vp of international asking for an explanation. He ignored my request despite being paid almost 3 million dollars a year. Lazy pos. Buyer beware Hertz is not to be trusted. Btw challenged the charge with Amex. They credited the charge on my account..

Original review: May 20, 2019

Went to Hertz in Fort Myers Florida through Priceline. They insisted on upgrading me. They first told me wrong spot but since we were already in the car (not upgraded) I was okay with it but they insisted on getting me the upgrade. They couldnt find the car so we pack up in the same one again then the plate was expired. I manager Daniel said he would give me a 100 dollar credit and a free tank of gas and they found me a car 1.5 hours later. Changed all luggage and car seat again. Well when I went to turn in my car they charged me for gas after I left. I even told the check in guy I was told to bring it back empty. I have spent about 2 hours or so trying to fix the issue but DANIEL didnt put it in the notes even when I asked him 3 times, "Did you note it. I dont want to be charged for gas." He assured me he did.

According to the supervisor I talked to today she doesnt have anyone above her to talk to. In the short of it all. HERTZ rental car are scam artist!!! DONT TAKE AN UPGRADE. It's all a scam....I have been going to Florida for 25 years and all the rental car places I have used I have never been scammed like this....I wish I could give a negative score!

Original review: May 18, 2019

Really bad experience! Firstly is that there is no contract signed when renting the car. There is no instruction regarding the insurance which in Hertz 'Supercover' insurance. After some damage, the Hertz Kemi require 1500 euro for repair fee without any instruction. I will not recommend Hertz and I will never rent any car from Hertz anymore.

Original review: May 17, 2019

The staff at HERTZ Weymouth center doesn't even know about their HERTZ booking site, BOOKING SITE asks to book car with PICKUP service, but the useless staff in the center says there is no pick up service and that too they expect customer to call them just to hear that THERE IS NO PICK UP SERVICE. Because of these useless staff my travel plan got ruined 2 times. NEVER USE HERTZ TO RUIN YOUR TRAVEL PLAN.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Using Priceline, a rental with Hertz was purchased. Both companies charged the account. The problem began because Hertz was unable to use their computers (whose needs those in a rental company anyway? so they were unable to view the information from Priceline (but who believes that?). Hertz should have never charge our account for the car rental, but they did. Called. Expected results from a company that obviously thrives on deceptive and/or incompetent behavior. If you rent from Hertz, you rent from cheats. Any they have your credit card number and then charge you whatever their cheating brain trust think they can get away with.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Went through road tolls in Brisbane then went online that night to pay for them putting in the car rego but nothing was shown. Rang toll info number and told all Hertz cars are paid for at the time of use and toll goes onto charges. This was fine. The 30.00 account keeping fee for a less than 10.00 was not. This is a complete rip off and makes me wonder how this is even legal. Amount was deducted from my credit card on file, never ever will I use this company again. There should be the option to pay for your own toll using car rego for the time you had the vehicle.

Original review: May 10, 2019

If you are looking for a company to rent a car from, do yourself a favor and choose a different company than Hertz Car Rental. I saw a great deal on a car rental at New Orleans International Airport, and moved to purchase the rental promptly. (Please, never do this. Pay at the counter!!) I later found out that the rate was only for credit cards, and did not apply to debit cards. Of course, this did not stop the company from charging my DEBIT card, IMMEDIATELY!!! Well, when I learned that I could not actually present my debit card at the counter for this special rate, I asked to have my funds returned to me immediately. It has since been 5 days, no returned funds.

Interestingly, the company took no time at all to charge my card (which it claimed I couldn't use), yet is taking FOREVER to return my money. When I called back to complain about not seeing my card credited, I was told that it would take 5 to 10 business days to return my funds. Really???? BTW, and this is a problem with a lot of companies now. I had a really difficult time explaining my situation to customer service because I could barely understand the rep through her thick accent and distorted telephone connection from across the oceans. Quite frustrating to say the least.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My insurance required me to rent from Hertz, I did without question. I was hit twice in Jan 2019, and twice in 2018. Had to rent from Hertz. Every time I sat down and said “I do not ever want extra insurance “. It always was fine except for January 5, 2019. Without my consent I was charged $396 for insurance I do not need. I disputed it and my bank believes me because I’ve NEVER ACCEPTED it. Well now they took it from my card, refuses to give me the $50 deposit back, and when I called and they admitted fault and gave half money back, State Farm paid over $1100 for 12 days rental and then charged me for insurance I did not accept.

We will now be suing for around $4000 because they have been overpaid and wrongfully charged my debit card. Do not ever sign anything because the agent can charge even if you deny it and you will have to fight to get it back! Please be careful! Agents are not always honest. 1400$ for 11 day rental is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

They overcharged my account and could not tell why. The phone call was transferred to multiple people and no one had a clue. I had to explain the situation to each individual every time the call was transferred. Still no solution.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My car broke down and the dealership got me a rental from Hertz. The process was quick, easy, and painless. The employees were friendly. They are way better than Enterprise, I would definitely rent again. (This pertains to the Clarksville, TN location.)

Original review: May 9, 2019

I got rear ended so my insurance company sent me to Hertz. Needless to say I switched insurance companies after this. I stood in line for an hour while the one person working was helping another customer. Never mind it’s a weekday and picking up the car after 9am already made me late. When the auto body shop called me 11 days later to tell me my car was ready, I head over to Hertz to return the rental. They were closed at 5pm. There were no hours on the building or door and no one told me that they have bank hours and closed on the weekends.

When you rent a car it’s usually on off hours or weekends and return the same way, who does not work and has time to wait in the lobby for that long to rent or return a car. (Enterprise you're in and out in under 20 mins max) Then after I returned the car on Monday after 9am they charged my credit card after they said it was a deposit hold only. The other guys insurance paid for the rental, they should not have charged me at all. They are cons and should be shut down or fined. Don’t use this crappy company even if they have the last car on earth.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Worst customer service/company EVER! Had a reservation to rent a car at 1pm today at a local downtown Birmingham AL location. Got there and they have no rentals available. Dude at the counter said they should have a car in by 4pm and gave the excuse of people that rented cars for the Talladega NASCAR race had not returned them. Dude the race was 2 weeks ago so try again!!! Why did I waste gas and time going? If they knew the rental was not available I should’ve received a call saying it was not available!

Tried calling every Hertz location within a 50 mile radius on the hour EVERY hour and there were no vehicles to be had at ANY of them. Nothing! No compacts, no midsize, no minivan, or trucks! One location told me they were out of cars because of the upcoming golf tournament. How can 5 locations be without any rentals?? I talked to customer service many times! Unsympathetic! Online and customer service was showing cars available at ALL the locations, but none were actually on the lot! They told me they could find me a car but it might be more expensive since it was at another location. More?? Not my problem. I reserved a car and you have NONE!

I told them they were overbooking cars, and they did not like to hear that. They tried to tell me it happens sometimes when people do not return the cars on time. I can understand it happening, but happening at all 5 locations on the same day? So the airport location is open until 12 am, I decide to go there and sit and wait on a vehicle to be returned and pay more for the rental. Lady at the front counter said she had a car for me to rent if I could reserve it online! Online shows the location has none, again customer service was useless because they could not force switch my reservation location, even though I have been waiting over 6 hours for a car. For those wondering why I even used Hertz. I’m 20 yrs old and they are the only ones who would rent to me. (NOT!) I mean seriously, worst customer experience EVER! Do not use them! I guess I’m just SOL!

Original review: May 4, 2019

I had a very bad experience with Hertz happening to me in Germany 2 weeks ago. The Hertz station at DUS airport station insisted on me buying mandatory insurance as I did not have a print out from my credit card company that my card covers insurance (N.B. who travels with that?!?) My booking was via Expedia. I was also told that I would not have had to buy the mandatory insurance if I had booked the car with Hertz directly or if I had paid with a Master Platinum Card, not a Visa Platinum Card. (???)

I was also told that this mandatory coverage had to be purchased because my reservation was a Dollar branded reservation. The piece of paper shown to me referred to Thrifty. The final invoice was issued by Hertz. This all sounds too arbitrary to me if not to say fraudulent. I am sorry but I cannot help myself viewing all this as a strategy to cheat and overcharge customers. I reached out to the Hertz customer executives in the US and the response received is suggests that this fraudulent behavior is supported by the Hertz senior leadership team.

But I am not giving up at this point. If needed I will take this up with consumer protection. Needless to say that I will never rent from Hertz again. I can only recommend to avoid Hertz or before you travel, get a printed confirmation from your credit card company that collision and theft insurance is covered. But my guess is that these guys then come up with something else they force you to pay for.

Original review: April 30, 2019

It has been a living nightmare dealing with this dishonest, slipshod rental service. I regret ever picking up the phone to rent a vehicle with them, and PLEASE rest assured, I never will make this mistake again, nor will I ever let any of my friends or relatives use their scam-ridden service. My nightmare unfolded as follows: I arranged to rent a mid-sized sedan from the Palestine, TX location on April 26, 2019 at 3:30 PM. When I arrived, the car I ordered wasn't available, so I was given a different vehicle altogether. The agent who issued the vehicle, Meredith, apologized that the SUV was "dusty." I also found old candy wrappers inside the vehicle.

I returned the vehicle to the Plano East location at 6:30 PM Saturday evening, as per my contract. Unfortunately, the address the agent sent me via email to which to return the vehicle, doesn't exist. Furthermore, the phone number listed for the Hertz location WASN'T HERTZ! It was a Pep Boys Mechanic shop at a completely different part of Plano, TX. After much anger and frustration speaking to three different Hertz employees, and trying to get each of them to understand that the Hertz address I was given isn't a real address, I finally found the REAL location, quite by accident.

I was told by a road-side assistance Hertz employee, to simply park the vehicle in the parking lot, which was shared by about 200 other businesses, and drop the vehicle key in the dropbox in front of the Hertz building, as the business was closed at that hour. She said to write the time and date of my return in the corner of the Hertz contract I was given, and place that in the dropbox with the key. Unfortunately, I was never given a paper contract. Furthermore, a sign in the window above the Hertz dropbox adamantly stated to NOT place any paper in the dropbox. Here I was getting two very different instructions, both by Hertz employees. My nightmare hadn't even begun yet, however.

Monday afternoon, I checked my bank account, and found to my sheer horror that Hertz was withdrawing $549 from my account, pending. My service agreement was for $149.73. In a panic, I contacted Hertz customer service in Oklahoma City and ultimately spoke with a supervisor named Ed. Ed explained that the $549 was only pending, and would not be withdrawn from my account. The reason for that large amount showing pending, was that the Hertz employees at Plano East had not yet "adjusted my contract" appropriately. ED ASSURED ME I WOULDN'T BE CHARGED MORE THAN $149.04, and that he would "see to that personally." Ha! Empty words.

This afternoon when I logged into my bank account, I found that $649 is now pending debit from my account by Hertz! Confusingly, I received an emailed receipt from Hertz, stating that I was being charged $413! My contract was for $149.73. I called customer service once again, and this time, I was connected to a center in El Salvador and spoke to an unhelpful employee named Janeli. Janeli repeatedly refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor or manager. I asked if I could leave my phone number for a member of management to call me back to resolve this disgusting overcharge. He refused that suggestion as well. Needless to say, no human being should ever have to endure the nightmare that I've experienced with HERTZ. If I can prevent just ONE other customer making the mistake of renting through that company, then so be it.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I paid for my car when I purchased my airline ticket. When I got to Fort Lauderdale to pick up my car I agreed to the Insurance just the middle one. Well they charged me for the top higher price one, then went on to charge me for the roadside service. I never verbally agreed to that, but they put it on the contract. I rent cars at least once a month and never had this happened.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Had to change cars due to problems with one provided, definitely a lesser model. No one offered assistance after we sat there figuring things out for a good 20 to 30 mins. A couple hours after returning the car we realize my son left his wireless earbuds in the car, he was using it on the way so we know it was there. Called general lost & found since can't get direct location to answer (this rep was the only helpful person in this whole ordeal), told car still there. Go in morning (closed by time I hang up w/l&F), car there and been detailed. Look in there, item not there. Sent to one spot, they send me to another desk. Wait almost 45 mins (had plane to catch as well), rep told us he can look on desk, but not access safe until Monday.

Have tried constantly to review found items list online - won't come up. Contact location - no answer. Enter reference no. - system can't find it. We know it was there so should have been found and should have received a call. Small, relatively expensive (Christmas gift I purchased for him) item for us that I can't afford to replace. Since the car was not rented out at that time and the ear buds were left in the door handle so they would have been easily found, I can only believe they were not turned in by an employee. Whole experience has been disappointing.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Hertz have provided me with the worst customer experience ever. Be very careful renting a car from Hertz. Do not trust them. I'd give them a negative star rating if such a rating existed. Where do I start. Never rent a car from this organisation. Car I had paid for was unavailable. No lesser models (other than a pickup truck which is unsuitable for business meetings and I'm sure they know!) available so I have to upgrade. I can’t afford the fully comp cover as a consequence as my car hire ends up costing an additional £120 (for 3 days hire) I return the car. The very rude Hertz employee heads straight for the front Of the car to highlight ‘damage’ and then within 5 minutes I receive a bill of £400+ for a barely visible scratch.

I hired this clear for 3 days and I know I did not cause this damage. Hertz hide behind the small print of this being my responsibility to flag existing damage. Unfortunately after being messed about at collection stage I was late for my meetings and didn’t have time to inspect thoroughly. My mistake I guess for trusting that a well known car hire company wouldn’t try to pass on the bill for pre-existing damage to a customer that didn’t cause it! The photos by the way of the car before I hired it were taken the day before I hired it. Guess what the car was moved between when the picture was taken and when I hired it. Maybe this is when the damage occurred? Maybe the Hertz guy who keenly rushes straight to the front Of the car when I returned it knew what he was looking for?

Is this how they knew the cost of the repair would be £400+ within 5 minutes? I’ve been challenging Hertz on these points. They continue to hide behind legal small print and insist I should have identified the barely visible damage (most is underneath the car) beforehand. The damage centre is rude too. Not been able to get hold of customer services they’re too busy so only accept emails. No joy via emails either. This is without doubt the worst customer experience I’ve ever had across any industry. Advertisement.

Original review: April 26, 2019

DO NOT BUY!!!! I just left Hertz after waiting 20 minutes in line without being acknowledged. Once I got to the register, I was told I need a credit card. I only use debit cards. When asked what I could do, she said nothing. I had already called and confirmed a debit card was fine, and I had already reserved a car. Not only does customer service not care, but they also were on their cell phones using Facebook. I am writing this so you don’t experience the type of racism I just did (I don’t want to go into details about that). I’ve used Enterprise multiple times, but wanted to save a few dollars. Never again. Enterprise, thank you for your kindness.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I rented a car in Atlanta on 4/8 returning it to Huntsville on 4/20. First off I rented a midsize SUV and got a tiny Buick Encore. I was told all the other cars were gone already! Crumby service since I rented the car a couple of months in advance. Then we’re told it was an extra 13 dollars a day for husband and wife drivers and we would need to go into a Hertz place to take husband's name off for second week as he was leaving. We did that and were told we would have to return car and rerent it for an additional 150 upcharge or keep him on there for the remainder of trip which was an additional 91. We wasted an hr in line to get no satisfaction after being told one thing in Atlanta and another in Savannah. And for a 12 day rental of that tiny little car with no GPS it was 1164.00. I will definitely look more closely next time and rent a car elsewhere. This felt like a bait and switch scam!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I saw a 2.5 star review on Yelp and I highly recommend you take heed this one. I reserved a commercial van so I could move furniture from Georgia to Louisiana on Easter weekend 2019. I called 2 days later to get a confirmation and that went fine. The day of pickup, totally different story. To make a long story short, they had me for a mini-van which wouldn't work (moving furniture, big furniture). They said they had a 15 passenger van and they would see if they could take the seats out. I waited for a callback. 35 mins later I called to see if that was doable. Keep in mind, I was extremely nice each time. I called a second time and waited 38 minutes on the phone. When someone finally picked up, they had a slight attitude (we all have bad days), but promised they (a she actually) would call me back in 5 minutes to let me know. Keep in mind I was planning to drive to Georgia that evening (planned my work schedule around it).

Can anyone reading the review guess what happened next? Absolutely nothing! No one ever called back. I decided I would just go there but as I was walking out of the door of the dealership I manage, someone suggested I drive up the road to Enterprise Rental and guess what? They actually had a commercial van. It wasn't the size I needed but I made it work. Since it was much smaller than I planned for and needed, It cause me to have to pay triple to the movers 'cause it took a very long time trying to figure out how to make everything I wanted to move, fit. I highly recommend Enterprise for your rental needs. Not sure who at Hertz cares about customer service, but that is essential to growth and customer retention. Just FYI.

Original review: April 23, 2019

It hurt to rent from Hertz. They rented me a Toyota RAV4 with bald front tires, which one of them went flat in San Diego. Got downgraded to a Toyota Corolla. When Corolla was turned in I received zero credit for the downgrade. This Gold Plus member was given an unsafe vehicle and then ripped off for 67 bucks. I think a name change is in order to HURTS!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Customer service never made me aware when I rented a car that there was a device on the car that tracked apparent Bridges or toll roads that you drive on in New York City, that you are charged for, as I had never been there before and not aware or familiar with this. I got stuck with a big bill, which I could have had the option of taking a different route and avoiding. THEY EVEN ADMIT THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO TELL CUSTOMERS. They have definitely lost me as a customer!!??

Original review: April 20, 2019

I reserved a car with Hertz, but was unable to complete the transaction when arriving at the airport due to a policy that would not accept my bank card unless I had a return flight home. My husband and I flew in with plans of driving home after spending some time in Bozeman, MT. We have done this a number of times before without incident. Hertz’s policies do not take in account customer circumstances. Sadly, our experience left a very poor reflection on the company, the Belgrade airport and the town of Belgrade/Bozeman. I think it’s safe to say that we will not be flying into this airport, renting a car from this company nor will we be spending time in a place I often enjoyed visiting prior to this experience. The unprofessionalism of the staff visiting amongst themselves as well as other employees with neighboring car rental companies was appalling to say the least.

No one was concerned with providing help. We were left to figure it out on our own. After being transferred about 5 times and nearly 2 hours on the phone we finally booked a first class flight back home and rented a vehicle from Alamo. Where is the customer in customer service? Well I think they need to re-examine their policies. How is it that I can purchase first class airfare, pay to stay at top end hotels and eat in nice restaurants all the while paying for such services with my bank account card? I may be only one customer, but let me say word of mouth advertising can be the best form of advertising or in my experience the worst form. Believe me when I say, I would happily sing their praises if I had a reason to do so, but I don’t and will happily share my bad experience just the same so others do not experience the humiliation as I did!

Hertz expert review by Lauren Fix

Hertz offers rental cars in more than 150 countries across every inhabited continent. It has more than 10,300 corporate and franchise locations worldwide.

• Loyalty program: The Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program comes with VIP benefits like faster pickup and drop-off services and member-only discount offers.

• Business-to-business services: Business clients can save up to 25 percent on rentals and earn points for free rental days.

• Accident partner: Hertz partners with many insurance companies to give drivers a quick and easy car rental while their automobiles are in the shop for repair.

• Promotions and discounts: Hertz runs a constant stream of discounts and special offers on everything from extended rentals to weekend getaways.

• Roadside assistance: In addition to liability insurance, Hertz has premium roadside assistance packages to help with situations like running out of gas, lost keys and dead batteries.

• Many makes and models: Hertz offers multiple categories of vehicles, everything from economy to hybrid cars, convertibles and luxury cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Hertz has a Green Traveler collection, meaning all cars get a minimum of 33 miles per gallon.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Hertz Company Information