1.14/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a good rental car company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Hertz

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

1937 Hertz Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I currently have a Hertz rental car in Alexandria, VA and saw the PlatePass inside the car at the top right of the windshield- which is not visible from the outside- and had a sheet of paper in the car that stated that if there were any questions to go to www.platepass.com. As the only toll systems listed on the decal were ones in the south and southwest I was stunned to see that the website also includes I-Pass in Illinois and E-ZPass in Ohio and on the east coast (note: I-Pass and E-ZPass transponders have reciprocity between the different states), yet those are not listed on the sticker in the car at all.

I recall having some issues in the past when I would use my own transponder and having "sealed up" the Hertz transponder box, yet a couple of times the tolls registered on the Hertz device. The location waived the fees as they clearly saw that their transponder was closed, and mine was still visible for them to see. I was told that wrapping it in aluminum foil would block it from being read. That being the case, and as absolutely bizarre as this may sound, it might be worth traveling with a bit of aluminum foil, and after pulling out of the Hertz lot, use some duct tape to tape down the aluminum foil on the outside of the window above the PlatePass decal/sticker, and then pulling it off just before returning the car to the Hertz lot. I will now start doing that myself and will see what happens. Sneaking in the I-Pass and E-ZPass systems with no clear information about those on the decals does strike me as a clear case of fraud and intent to deceive.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I had already paid for my rental car yet when I checked my bank account I was charged for an extra fee which I don't recall asking for. Upon calling I was told there was nothing they can do. DO NOT RENT FROM HERTZ!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My husband and I recently rented a car through Hertz as a part of a vacation package. When we arrived the car they had for us was a smart car with no trunk, so they offered to put us in the next size bigger. Once we were back home we received a bill of $400 in up charges. When I spoke with them I was told we were put in a luxury car and that they could not correct the billing.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Very poor service when picking up my rental in Rome. Vehicle not ready, not parked in slot. Office open 15 minutes late at drop off and then Overcharged on bill and no one speaks English clearly. Very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Well I was watching the reviews and I noticed I'm not the only one, I rented a car by my car insurance and the same thing the lady who was on the counter offered me a insurance and I asked how much and she said $50 and cover everything (scratches, windshield, etc). I agree to pay but she never told me it will be $50 but per day. I was hurry and never see the contract (was my error) but I think they should be sure that the customer understand that $ amount for the insurance is PER DAY. I hope others read this to not happen the same. I finally have to pay $6000.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hertz?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Outstanding customer service provided by Siraj. One of the best representative to deal with. Overall, the rental agreement and the gold member points allocation was a really smooth process. Head up IAH Hertz. Way to go.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I rented from Hertz on 8/10 for one day. I was charged $49.60 on my credit card 9/23 for "HERTZ TOLLS-ATS", conveniently on a weekend when ATS/Hertz doesn't take phone calls because they claim to be "closed." When I rented the car, I noted that the transponder was missing from the car. I called the counter agent and reported this. He told me that the previous customer had reported this and that I should not worry about it. I have an audio recording of this conversation.

I placed my own personal E-Z Pass in the card and my wife's account was properly charged for two tolls on the day I used the card with our transponder. The ATS charge is a result of negligence at best, and possibly overt fraudulence. The credit card company (Chase/Amazon VISA) is too lethargic and disorganized to process my dispute immediately because the charge is still "pending" and they insist that I call them AGAIN after it is "posted" because they are too incompetent to process the report outside the circumstances of their predefined script. I am incensed. I have reported my credit card "lost" as of ten minutes ago, which is a truly fortunate "coincidence" since I don't need the clowns at ATS or Hertz to be in possession of my valid CC #.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Hertz Dublin, Ireland: Wish I'd read Hertz blogs before I rented. Do not rent from these clowns. Original quote was 300 pounds for one week; bill upon returning car - over 800 pounds. Unnecessary upgrade to pos VW Jetta with 60,000 km on it. Bill includes 150 pounds for 'miscellaneous'. Car returned 3/4 full tank and billed over 60 pounds for gas. Wrote to them; received BS response. Obviously, will never again use Hertz anywhere.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I was recently in an auto accident. The other party who had hit my car me her insurance was through State Farm. State Farm reserved a rental car for me through Hertz located in Mentor Ohio. When you arrive to the Mentor location it appears to be an abandon building and the inside suggests the same; dirty unkempt office. After I arrived, I was told they were in the process of picking up the car and would be a few minutes. TWO hours later the car arrived. I was already in a panic mode, I had a meeting to attend. Within 10 mins of driving I started to notice debris left in the car left from the previous driver. Within 15 min of driving the low fuel light came on.

I immediately called back the Mentor Hertz office to notify them and make them aware of the issue. I was told by the manager that when I return the vehicle just to fill the gas level to the level it was at upon pickup. I was furious. I was already late for this meeting. Now I had to stop and get gas. Finally it was time to drop off the vehicle at the car dealership for Hertz to then pick up the car.

Less than a month later I get a bill on my credit card statement for fuel charges! First I called State Farm about the issue. State Farm told me their hands were tied and to call Hertz. I called Hertz and talked with Juiliana (not the manager). I told her about the charge and the conversation I had with the manager on Aug 30th 5:12 (recorded call). I was told I would receive a call from the manager or the owner within 1 hour to 1.5 hours and NO ONE CALLED ME BACK EVER. I called back State Farm to later find out Hertz called them to say I signed off on the fuel level. I thought that was a joke since all the paperwork was processed prior to the car even being on site.

If they looked over the car in such great detail why were there SOCKS and USED STRAWS inside the vehicle plus some other questionable items hiding in the car. This is unacceptable and especially not to return a customer's call. This is a form of robbery, and should be dealt with... How many other people have they done this too? This place needs to be put on notice so this never ever happens to another person ever again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I reserved a vehicle on 8/13/17, to be picked up at the OKC Airport around 11 am, for 4 adults and 2 children for $371.50. Two adults were flying in from JAX and the other 2 adults and 2 children were flying in from GRR. We were all supposed to arrive with 20 minutes of each other. The flight from GRR was cancelled, so I didn't pick up the vehicle but rather had my daughter and her family pick it up. They did not get into OKC until around 11 pm that night. Went to pick up the vehicle, it was very busy at the counter, with only one attendant that seemed to be more interested in telling my daughter how beautiful her children were and asking their ages, etc., which was very nice, but they were all exhausted with two small children, and in a strange place late at night.

The attendant asked if they wanted insurance, and they asked how much, and she said that it was $89. Never in a million years did they think she meant "per day", because they would never had agreed to that. My daughter was charged $1,053.36 for the rental. Needless to say, we were furious! I called to discuss the situation, and they agreed to give her a credit of $308.78, again very nice, but we wound up paying twice the original amount. My daughter had never rented a car before, and I feel they were taken advantage of and misled. She was also charged $30+ for tolls, which she has disputed because they paid every toll they went through. I am very disappointed in Hertz, which, until now, I thought was a reputable company.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I had a online reservation for over a week now to pick up a car in Temecula, CA 9/14/2017. Thru AAA I had upgraded to a Chev Impala. Today the lady at the desk was completely incompetent. She took a ridiculous long time in checking the guest out in front of me. When it was my turn. NO, there was no car for me. I showed the confirmation number and finally the unreal process of ONE HOUR AND A HALF I finally got a car. NOT A CHEV IMPALA that I had paid & upgraded to. I am very unhappy with the customer service of Hertz. This is going to be a disaster in trying to make my flight connection.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Don't rent from Hertz at the Sugar Land TX Airport. They lie about everything there and make you believe that your only option is to accept that rate or you will be stuck without a car. I lost my car in Hurricane Harvey and they were price gouging me and adding their own insurance without asking me. The rate was close to $50 for a full size car and they claim it was an insurance rate (which is a lie). They charged me an additional day of rental because they never told me that insurance rentals were calendar days and not time of rental. As a matter of fact they told me at the time of the rental that they don't do insurance rentals there and if I were to do that somewhere else there is a month wait list.

When I came home and saw the charges on the agreement, it showed the rental was $23/day and loss damage waiver they added without asking me was $21 a day. When I went back to the location that same day to tell them to remove the insurance, since I have my own insurance and they never asked me if I wanted this, the manager named Justin **, told me they were doing me a favor and if I wanted to remove the insurance they put on there, then I would have to do a new rental in a different system and the price would be a lot higher. I was forced to keep what I had for 3 days until I rented from somewhere else that charged me only $21 a day for an SUV. Finally returned the car and got ripped off not only with them forcing me to have their insurance at Hertz but the additional day I was charged since it's an insurance rental and I wasn't aware... Because I thought they "don't do insurance there."

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

After complaining about a Hertz car rental and dealing with their customer relations I was advised that I was entitled to a refund... To date even after providing my details for the refund I am disappointed to say no refund has ever been issued... So sad... Hertz you should be ashamed of yourselves and your customer service or rather lack thereof... You've shown your true colours as nothing more than a money stealing greedy corporation that have no self respect or customer appreciation... The CEO or any Hertz manager seeing this should be ashamed of themselves as the result is entirely at their hands and no one else... Your company is obviously very poor and should be avoided at all costs.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

So, I rented a vehicle from Hertz through Priceline and the problem start with the service they provide. I returned the car on time and with full tank, since I chose to fill myself and handed over the keys to the guy at the parking. And after 2 days, I get charged for $184 as refueling charges. Fortunately, I had a receipt from gas station (Sam's Club in this case) and emailed to Hertz @ verify@hertz.com, which I was told that would be taken care of. So far, no response.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

We rented a car in Boston, MA. We were embarrassed to see the car that they had available for us because of all the scratches and the condition the car was in. When we told the agent in the parking lot about all the damage she said they were "very aware of the damages". We asked the second agent as you leave the rental parking lot. She said the very same thing... "We are very aware of the damages to this car." We made a HUGE mistake in not taking photos (lesson learned). When we returned it to the same location, again, we got the same sentence... "Yes, we know about the damages to this car." Then a couple months later, we receive a bill for extensive damages and repair bill for this rental car (which we did not do!!!).

We are still in the process of fighting this claim, and trying to use our Chase Visa card benefit to help us pay the $976.40 owed. We ended up having to pay this bill to a third party claims collector. We have been trying ever since to get the $ we paid to Hertz for the damages that we did not do. We met another couple in Long Beach airport who were taking photos of their rental car before taking it. They said they had been scammed by Hertz and will NEVER rent from them again!! We also will NEVER rent from Hertz ever again!!! They have a scam going on with damages that people are not doing to their junky horrible scratched cars that are embarrassing to even ride in. We have a small automotive business and don't even eat in our cars. We certainly are aware of any damage that we would do to a car. Do not rent from Hertz!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I have used Hertz a number of times and have never had a problem with them, however my last rental (August 2017) was a different story. I ordered a car online and took out insurance with the vehicle, (all online) everything was fine until I discovered that Hertz had taken over £150 from my credit card after I had returned the car. When I queried this they told me it was because I had taken out a super damage waiver at the counter with the fella that looked after me. I informed them that I done no such thing because I had taken out insurance when I reserved the car online.

Since then the customer service has been a disgrace and nothing short of a shambles. Not one person has had the decency to contact me personally to resolve this issue, as anyone can appreciate £150 is a fair bit of money to lose. I wouldn't recommend Hertz to my worst enemy never mind a family member or friend. Hertz are nothing but a money scamming company that think they can con people out of their hard earned cash and when you query them about it all you get is emails back and forth with no resolution or a phone call. My advice to people looking to hire a car from Hertz, stay as far away from Hertz as you can, find another car rental company. One that doesn't rip you off. I will never have the misfortune to use Hertz again... EVER!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Hertz is the most absolutely worst company. We were gold members and gave us a car that we did not rent and didn't use. So we had to pay more. Ok no problem did it. Then I left my pocket book in the car when we dropped it off and nobody, even corporate, will help me get it back. It is unbelievable how hands off they are for all their customers. 50 and more phone calls so far in a 12 hour period and 3 applications to the lost and found and no one will respond. So it seems to me that they have taken my stuff and will not give it back. They told me there is nothing they can do if no one answers the phone at JFK. I'm out of luck. Thanks for your help Hertz. You are only #1 for being the worst.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017
    *********************************************************************************************
    NOTE TO APPROVER : Published on other site

Well, it looks like Hertz doesn't really give a damn about what people say about them on the Internet! I have taken it on as my very personal mission to spread the word about their lousy service as much as I can, and I'll start from this site.

On the 18th of August 2017 I was at the hospital to attend my quadriplegic father and was in a hurry to book a car in a different city as I had to leave that night for somewhere else, so I found a Hertz rental close to where I live and booked a car for 6.30 pm. I hadn't realized it was their closing time, things took a little longer than expected at the hospital and I would arrive at 6.40 instead of 6.30. I called and the girl at the counter told me she would be out at 6.30 so there was no chance. She told me I'd simply have to go by the next morning and get the car then. She didn't mention that I should cancel the booking first, and as I was rushing between hospitals and cities I didn't have the time to double check. I trusted her, but when I went to cancel / modify the booking so I could actually pick a car from their airport office (24/7 service) I found out the booking couldn't be modified and Hertz 'takes the right to charge 65 .

I called their customer service the following morning and the lady couldn't just give a damn, bounced me between different numbers where no one would pick up the phone and finally I was told they couldn't access the contract.

In the meantime, however, due to the urgency of my travels, I had re-booked a new car for 10-11 days at 258 from their office airport. The airport clerks were very nice and told me I could leave the car at the other airport (where I meant to drop it) and if I had no time to refill the car they would do it for me at exactly the same price of the gas station price out of the airport.

I returned the car on the 1st September and in fact I had no time to refill it, so I was expecting 30-40 euros on top because it was half full.

Yesterday I received my credit card statement and was astonished to find out their charged me 360 . I called the customer service and basically they charged 22% tax, 18 airport handling fees 39 petrol (OK) and 30 for putting the petrol in the car ON TOP of the rental price they had originally estimated for me.

I called their customer service and they told me it's all written in the contract and what they quote on the website prior to renting is 'just an estimate' and they 'couldn't know about all these taxes'. Also, the clerk 'can't possibly mention everything that's written in the contract'.

So, the clerks perfectly knew I wasn't going to read the whole 8 page contract because I was in a hurry, coming from a hospital and deadly tired, and they accidentally omitted the extra 18 I would be charged for airport handling fees (which they HAD TO KNOW ABOUT since I was going to drop the car at the airport) + the tax + the fee for actually putting petrol in the car.

So basically I've paid 65 + about 60-70 on top of what I supposed to be charged because I trusted the clerks and the company on their word and transparency.

The worst part is, I am on the wrong side by law, so I can't really do much except for warning others to read the f## 8 page contract when they rent a car OR judging by other reviews here, just steering away from the company all together.

The company way of handling rentals and customers is incredibly dodgy and I will refrain for the rest of my life from renting any vehicle from Hertz. I advise you do the same. There are other great companies out there you'd be better off trusting with your credit cards.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Rented a vehicle with Hertz in Athens Greece, returned the vehicle with absolutely no chance of getting my deposit back! I even went back 2x and was given the runaround stating that it could take up to 10 days to process. Guess what. It's been almost 2 weeks. The vehicle was returned in the same condition with pics to prove it. Every car rental I've been to refunds our money on site or within 48 hrs. They seem to prey on travelers with time constraints knowing it's not gonna get anywhere! STAY AWAY! Oh by the way I ordered the full coverage online and paid it at a premium but still was charged on top of the online package for the coverage, these are straight out crooks!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! BEWARE PEOPLE!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I rented a car from Hertz on Aug. 7 for 8 days. The car was returned in mint condition, and the return was accepted by the agency. Nearly three weeks later, my authorization payment has not been returned. Calls to Hertz are simply blown off: "It may take several weeks to return your payment." No explanation provided. I strongly advise all consumers to beware of this company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I had tried another company first which I had used before but they were way out of line in price this time and Hertz was reasonable and friendly and had my deposit back right away before I got home from their office.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

On August 19 I rented car from Hertz. Everything went smoothly at the counter. Was told "You have a full tank." No further information was provided about gas. On August 28 upon returning the vehicle it was not completely full. As I was finalizing the return I was told I would be charge $71.00 for gas. I was shocked, speechless. I told the employee at the rental place "How can you charge $71 in gas? That's a ripoff." "Oh that's not my policy but corporate."

Upon my arrival I called the Hertz car rental in SJU airport and spoke to the manager Mr. Carlos **. I explained that I was not provided with info regarding gas prices if the vehicle was not return full. His response was "I was not present at the moment of your rental but I'm sure my employee did offered you prepay gas." "How can be so sure of what your employee offer if you wasn't there. If I would have been told about the gas prices trust and believe I would have returned the vehicle full." This kind of practice is immoral in plain English.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I rented a car from Hertz at the Denver International Airport on 8/18/17. On 8/20 it started to smoke and bubble under the hood and became inoperable in Rocky Mountain National Park which is 1 1/2 h from Denver. I called Hertz and the person told me initially that a tow truck could not come into the park and I had to drive the car back out of the park. This was not true, since the park ranger told me tow trucks come in all the time. Once I convinced Hertz of this, they sent a tow, but told me that I would have to go all the way back to Denver to exchange the car and then drive back to Estes Park!

There are two offices closer - one in Loveland and one in Fort Collins. I do not understand why a car could not have been sent from there to me. I was involved from 9 am to 5 pm with this issue. I am 71 years old and was all alone. When I got to Denver I was faced with a huge line for service until I made a huge fuss. Hertz does not have the first idea about how to treat people! They seem to feel that they have business no matter what. Well - think again.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

This July I wanted to rent a car from Hertz as I used them before in November 2016 and it was alright. I wanted to pay with the same card as previously. My flight was delayed and when I came to the counter I was told that they don't take my card and as the service wasn't prepaid, there's no need of cancellation and I will not be charged. I went for Sixt and rented a car without any problem. What a surprise it was, when on 14th of July 2017 I received a message from my bank account that I've been charged for 65 euros by Hertz.

I tried to find some telephone number for customer service online, but it's impossible! So I called to the sales place on Amsterdam airport, they told me to call another number, and another, another and when I called on 6th number, I finally had the chance to speak up my problem. I was on hold for 22 minutes till the lady told me Hertz will refund me in 3 working days. However I haven't received any refund so far. I wrote an official complaint to customer relations and I was told that I was charged for "no show". So this trip costed me 65 euros and another 50 euros for being on hold on customer service. Well done Hertz.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

For our trip to San Francisco, I booked a Hertz car via Priceline for period June 15th to June 20th 2017 for $255.27 (rental $178.94 plus tax $76.33) which I thought was very reasonable. On returning the car at SFO airport, I was told the receipt will be emailed. I later found out that Hertz had charged an additional $255.86 to my credit card for services I did not request (additional insurance...etc.). I called the Hertz's escalations department to review the charge and was met with a very aggressive, unfriendly representative (#**) who point blank told me there will be no reimbursement and I should have read the contract on signing.

Being a trusting person, I told her that I had naturally assumed they would honor and charge as per quote and I should not have to double check on them. I had as a matter of fact, refused the additional insurance that was being offered when I picked up the car and yet it was still added on. She refused to let me speak to a supervisor saying that I had reached the ultimate authority on the matter. I am going to try to pursue this via my credit card company. Bottom line: I got charged double the quoted price. Quotes from Hertz are totally meaningless. They cannot be trusted.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

My husband and myself had to attend a family funeral, we hired a car from Hertz and paid for all the extra insurance and roadside assistance, we hit a kangaroo 1500 km away from home, smashing a headlight, blinker and causing fluid to leak out of radiator, we called for roadside assistance but was told to drive to the Ford dealership in Leeton NSW, upon inspection they advised that we should drive the 1500km in an unroadworthy car which is against Australian road laws (lights not working) and over heating car, we were forced to sleep in the car for two nights as we couldn't travel at adequate speed to make in one day as the car was over heating.

We paid for premium road side assistance and vehicle accident insurance and what was promised to us for these payments was that if we have an accident we dont pay as we are insured, we only would have to pay $105 for the excess, with premium road side assistance in case of an accident they are supposed to bring us replacement car and pay for our accommodation until this happens, not only did none of this happen but Hertz charged us twice for the same rental, taking $1300 out of our account for a car we already paid for without our knowledge or consent, this is FRAUD. What a joke this company is, we will be taking this to consumer affairs and have reported this transaction as fraud to our bank.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I rented a car from Hertz when my vehicle was damaged in a wreck. Hertz manager told me he was writing a second contract and he need to deduct 59.00 which he did. A few days he took out 369.00 dollars without telling me. I called him and he admitted it he said, no he did not tell me. I should have known. Yes, really when my insurance was paying. He tried to make excuses. The issue is I was not informed. Great business.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

My daughter and 20 month old granddaughter flew into Columbus, GA. I had them set up for a rental through Hertz. Being that I am a Gold Plus Rewards member (doesn't mean diddly!), and we are both USAA members, she is also a military dependent. My daughter gets to the airport, her pre-paid rental was still in a pending status, she would be charged that amount (again) plus $200 deposit. Requiring over $500 available on her credit card. To use her debit card, her credit score wasn't high enough. Thus leaving my child and granddaughter stranded at a tiny airport nearly 3,000 miles from home. ??? Hertz and your Gold Rewards. Neither I, nor any family member I know will ever rent from you again. Thank you Enterprise for kindness and generosity. Enterprise customers for life!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I rented this Ford through my Toyota dealer in Malvern, PA while my car was being serviced. They did not go over the dings and scratches nor do they show me how to drive it. When I left my sun visor in the car upon its return I was unable to get it back. They never returned any of my phone calls. Horrid service.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

When a client backed into my car, her insurance forced me to use Hertz for my rental. I don't have a complaint with the car, it was fine. The problem was lack of organization/apathy towards the job at the service center. First of all, I live 35 minutes away from the closest Hertz service center. This required a special trip, early in the morning, with my husband taking a side trip on his way to work. I was told that a courtesy car could pick me up... I wasn't going to depend on that. I was the first in the door. Great! I thought! I'll be in and out in no time. WRONG. The staff seemed very disorganized and not all that happy to be doing their jobs. In addition, the computers were locked up and the printers weren't working.

It took nearly an hour for me to secure a car. Then I had to drive the 35 minutes back to where I was working that day. It was a very long day. The following day, I ended up in the ER with a very large kidney stone that required two surgical procedures in the course of 8 days. The car ended up sitting in my garage for the remainder of the rental period. I could have returned it, but was thinking if I needed it for an emergency I should hold on to it. Then when my husband returned the car to the collision center where my car was being repaired, it took Hertz nearly 48 hours to retrieve the car. When I called the next day, they had no idea where the car was!

Then another problem arose, which could be considered my fault, but still, I feel corporate could have been more helpful. I originally put my deposit on a debit account because I do not like using credit cards. Then I didn't work for nearly 12 days. When the contract was finalized, the charge tapped out my bank account and I was charged an overdraft fee. I contacted the service center, explaining the situation, and asking for the charge to be reversed and put onto a credit card.

For three days I received a runaround, then finally spoke with a manager who told me I had to call Corporate. And, of course, when I called Corporate, I was told there was no way that could be accomplished. I do understand the logistics of such a transaction as I am a business owner. (And I have done similar things for my clients so I know it can be accomplished.) I realize I should have called before the contract was closed but this was a special circumstance. Not at all pleased with the way my account was handled.

Hertz expert review by Lauren Fix

Hertz offers rental cars in more than 150 countries across every inhabited continent. It has more than 10,300 corporate and franchise locations worldwide.

• Loyalty program: The Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program comes with VIP benefits like faster pickup and drop-off services and member-only discount offers.
    • Business-to-business services: Business clients can save up to 25 percent on rentals and earn points for free rental days.
    • Accident partner: Hertz partners with many insurance companies to give drivers a quick and easy car rental while their automobiles are in the shop for repair.
    • Promotions and discounts: Hertz runs a constant stream of discounts and special offers on everything from extended rentals to weekend getaways.
    • Roadside assistance: In addition to liability insurance, Hertz has premium roadside assistance packages to help with situations like running out of gas, lost keys and dead batteries.
    • Many makes and models: Hertz offers multiple categories of vehicles, everything from economy to hybrid cars, convertibles and luxury cars to 15-passenger vans.
    • Car and Ride Sharing: Hertz has a Green Traveler collection, meaning all cars get a minimum of 33 miles per gallon.
    • Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.
    Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Hertz Company Information