2. Travel

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5
Based on 1,349 ratings submitted in the last year

Hertz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hertz?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hertz?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I like the online renting a car, then arrive at the rental car location and basically go to the area assigned to you, pick the car you like, then drive to the check out stand. Show them your method of payment, drivers license and just go. Love this!!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Rented a car in Sanford FL on Rinehart Road. The customer service was great. I rented a fuel efficient Ford Edge and was amazed at the mileage rate that I received. The vehicle was very clean. The manager was very helpful in providing a car that he thought would fit my needs.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

We have rented vehicles from Hertz for many, many years and have never been disappointed. We have personally rented various size cars, cargo vans and even a pick-up truck. We have used them for short, two or three day, rentals to longer, up to thirty day, rentals. The vehicles have always been clean and ready upon our arrival for pickup and the rental agents have all been extremely helpful and pleasant. We would recommend Hertz to everyone in the need of a rental car.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

How to make the pick up car process painless: The $10,000 question for rental car companies. Hertz is (was) still working on it. Despite having almost perfected the reservations process (including car selection and attractive prices), I still had to wait in line when picking up a car in Las Vegas, for a total time spent of about 1 hour.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I was stuck with my kids at Bakersfield airport because another rental company told me they had a car for me and after making me wait for almost 2 hours told me they didn't have a car available, a wonderful Hertz representative heard my daughter crying and offered us a car rental, we were out of there within 5 minutes. Thank you Hertz!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I had accident and the insurance. Booked the car. They to sale me extra insurance. I refused it. I have fall covered why should pay for it. They try first to add extra insurance to contract. I said no then guy he said, "We waved it". After one month I been charged $1173.03. The insurance pay daily rate.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Awful customer experience. Notified Hertz of damage to rental car caused by a third party while parked, and provided the insurance information of the party at fault on the same day. I had to pay 4,400 immediately. It took dozens of hours of work and six months before I received any reimbursement for this. Hertz took no initiative to follow-up on this with the insurance of the at-fault party. They ignored many emails. They sent me a less than full amount for reimbursement, which caused me a lot of work to prove that they reimbursed me the wrong amount, and more ignored emails and lengthy delays.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Awful. My daughter had a confirmation number from hertz. When she went to pick up the car at the airport, there were no more vehicles. The money was taken right away but refund is not for 7-10 days. Run! Don’t use this company. My daughter was left stranded at the Lexington airport with no car in 30 degrees. There was no solution. No help. Awful customer service. A lady made pretend she was the supervisor. Run. Priceline wasn’t much better

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I will never do business with Hertz. They took me for a joyride then had the audacity to say it was my fault. I so happened to get into a car accident and at the beginning it was not tender, not loving, but they seemed to care. And then stuck me with an outrageous bill.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Toya at Jacksonville International Airport refused to rent to us a mid size vehicle due to being under 25. Anywhere on the website INCLUDING the Jacksonville International Airport Location states we could rent a mid size vehicle. We also got on the phone with Hertz Nationals and they were trying to call her at the desk to tell her to rent to us and she refused to pick up. I understand there are rules you must follow, but this woman was absolutely terrible with customer service. She was rude and belittled us the whole time. She also made us wait 20 minutes for her manager to come talk to us, then after we waited told us her manager now had a meeting and couldn’t speak to us.

The service was nauseatingly poor and this woman should have no place talking to customers the way she did. Hertz, I would reconsider your staff. I feel bad for any other customer that has to come into contact with her. Funny how she was so strict on following those “rules” but refused to wear a mask the whole time speaking to us and doesn’t seem to care about the the reputation of her company.

Hertz author review by Lauren Fix

Hertz offers rental cars in more than 150 countries across every inhabited continent. It has more than 10,300 corporate and franchise locations worldwide.

• Loyalty program: The Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program comes with VIP benefits like faster pickup and drop-off services and member-only discount offers.

• Business-to-business services: Business clients can save up to 25 percent on rentals and earn points for free rental days.

• Accident partner: Hertz partners with many insurance companies to give drivers a quick and easy car rental while their automobiles are in the shop for repair.

• Promotions and discounts: Hertz runs a constant stream of discounts and special offers on everything from extended rentals to weekend getaways.

• Roadside assistance: In addition to liability insurance, Hertz has premium roadside assistance packages to help with situations like running out of gas, lost keys and dead batteries.

• Many makes and models: Hertz offers multiple categories of vehicles, everything from economy to hybrid cars, convertibles and luxury cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Hertz has a Green Traveler collection, meaning all cars get a minimum of 33 miles per gallon.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Hertz Company Information