2.3/5 (371 ratings)

About Hertz

Hertz Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hertz?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hertz?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Meriem in the Hertz Las Vegas airport saved us when we got standard with no car thanks to a third party company. She went out of her to tell the company they made a mistake on their end and they needed go fix it. Once she realized the company didn’t care she told me to head to her desk and she would help us. She got us the car we wanted no problem and figured out a later drop off time. Am I still out of 839 dollars from the third company? Yes, but she also said to call to dispute it with my bank. I know she saw how stressed I was and I can’t thank her enough. She saved us.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I just want to commend Hertz for always providing great service. I’ve rented from other car rental agencies before but I’ve never been treated better nor rented a vehicle that has exceeded their standards.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I rented a car at the airport which was a little disappointing at first because the car had no windshield wiper fluid so because the line was so long and I would have to get through that again I decided to get it on the way to our place. But the anti freeze was way below the minimum I noticed as well. So after getting to another Hertz rental place to have them fill that, they decided to upgrade my vehicle to a midsize which was way better than the Ford Fiesta I original picked. Then one day during our vacation on a beach rain started to come. I offered shelter to very kind young lady that ended up being a supervisor for hertz. I shared my story and she immediately took my information and had her team refund me a few days. Since hertz has been voted for customer satisfaction I truly believe they are living up to that. So thank you So much to Crystal ** for being so generous.

Original review: May 2, 2021

They are very accommodating and the best workers since they make you feel like a royal. The best rental ever and they provide the best cars and clean too.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I think that Hertz offers great deals. They are lacking in the customer service department when it comes to putting a customers on hold. Overall they are good and I would recommend to others. Their cars are in good condition and very clean. They have good promotions and online offers.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

To whom this may concern,

I am writing this letter to my family and our trip to Orlando International Airport. My Hertz Gold Number is **. I have been a Gold Member for years, and up until COVID-19 Pandemic hit, I was a Presidential Member. I am not considered Presidential due to the pandemic and fewer government work travels. Upon our flight (WN5907) landing at 2130, my family was still without a rental until 0045 Hrs.

Upon arriving, there was an issue with my reservation with my card not being updated on the reservation. I contacted the customer service line to update my card number on file so that this trip would be no hassle. Well, this time wasn’t the case. The reservation had my previous card number on file listed. I tried to explain to the lady at the counter that I contacted customer service and that everything was supposed to be taken care of. Mind you, I have a three (3) month old baby crying in the background and another minor tired and ready to get in the bed. Then this ** male named Cleo walks up, being rude. Mind you, and this is after we landed. Because of Cleo’s lousy customer service, I walked away and took a cab to get the family checked into the hotel and later took a Uber back to retrieve the rental car.

Cleo saw me in line and made it a point to harass me more about my rental and reservations. My original reservation number was **, which was for Medium 5 Passenger SUV Group L SFAR. Because Cleo wanted to be an ** to me, I left with Hyundai Sonata Full-size car. It gets better. Cleo even threatens to take that car away from me as well. Cleo even took notes in the systems under my reservations as If I was rude to him when I was not. I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCE SUCH POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE while renting with your business. You can check my previous rentals, and I have never bothered anyone nor have damaged or stolen a vehicle.

Cleo gave my family a Sonata when I reserved an SUV. The luggage nor did the stroller fit in the car. It gets better with more disrespect, Cleo even threatened to tell corporate to remove me from family and friends, and I laughed. Cleo charged me the same price I reserved the SUV for and threatened me once more after questioning him about it.

CLEO, THE NIGHT MANAGER ON 15 JAN 2022 AT THE ORLANDO AIRPORT HERTZ, NEEDS TO BE FIRED FOR HIS PROFESSIONALISM. The second time I went there, I recorded his foolishness via my cell phone. If I were to go viral with this, it would make HERTZ look bad as a whole. I read the news and know the scrutiny hertz faces, and Cleo is a definition of why your organization is fighting legal battles. I have been renting cars for years from hertz, and this is by far the worse experience I have ever faced, and it needs to be looked into asap. I want to be contacted by someone of higher asap. I am also demanding a refund and cab fare being that we had to get a cab to deliver our luggage because he did not want to give me my suv. I can be reached at **, or you can email me at **. I want to speak with someone asap on this matter.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

My flight into California was moved from Long Beach Airport to LAX. When I rented a car from LAX, I told the aid that it was possible I may need to return the car to the LGB location just 20 miles away rather than LAX depending on where my flight back left from. I was told this would be no problem, but upon doing so I was charged an extra $100. Be aware that they will look to screw you any way they can. Definitely the last time they get my business.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I made a reservation for a rental car with Hertz. I signed up for the "Manager's Special." I got a Chrysler Pacifica that has the "Gold Star" cleanliness guarantee sticker and the car was filthy, inside and out. I tried calling the Hertz office at the airport where I rented it, and no one ever picked up the phone, day or night. I had no time to bring the car back to ask for an exchange. I went online to fill out a survey and attach photos to report the filthy car, and was told I would receive a response--but never did. I ended up having to extend my rental by two days and was charged for those two days more than the total I was charged for the original five days. Needless to say, I will never rent with Hertz again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I was charged a $400 smoke cleaning fee that I now have to dispute with my credit card company. I don't smoke, it's nasty. This is a completely fabricated charge. I recommend using a more honest rental car company, don't take your chances with Hertz.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Before you signing your name on the agreement, be sure to check any additional items Hertz put in your rental contract. They would not tell you. It would be nightmare to dispute because Hertz just put you on the do not rent list without letting you know. You make reservation with Dollar or Thrifty or Hertz, your reservation is confirmed. However when you come to the counter, the agent can not rent the car to you, you are trapped. They would give you a number to call to remove the list.

Don't expect anyone answer your phone at off hours or weekend or holiday. If in their working hours, you expect to wait up to 40 minutes before someone would pick up phone. Only when you pay off whatever you would be forced to charge because you had "sign" your name on the agreement, they would remove you. So after you are removed, you think it is over. No, 3 months later, you come to the counter, you found that you were on the list again and the agent could not rent you a car. Then you would call that number again, you finally got someone to answer. "In the system, there is a note to remove you, but someone it did not go through. But now you are free to rent."...

Hertz author review by Lauren Fix

Hertz offers rental cars in more than 150 countries across every inhabited continent. It has more than 10,300 corporate and franchise locations worldwide.

• Loyalty program: The Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program comes with VIP benefits like faster pickup and drop-off services and member-only discount offers.

• Business-to-business services: Business clients can save up to 25 percent on rentals and earn points for free rental days.

• Accident partner: Hertz partners with many insurance companies to give drivers a quick and easy car rental while their automobiles are in the shop for repair.

• Promotions and discounts: Hertz runs a constant stream of discounts and special offers on everything from extended rentals to weekend getaways.

• Roadside assistance: In addition to liability insurance, Hertz has premium roadside assistance packages to help with situations like running out of gas, lost keys and dead batteries.

• Many makes and models: Hertz offers multiple categories of vehicles, everything from economy to hybrid cars, convertibles and luxury cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Hertz has a Green Traveler collection, meaning all cars get a minimum of 33 miles per gallon.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Hertz Company Information