Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.07/5

Orlando, FL

Global Vacation Network is celebrating 16 years of sales and service. GVN is the largest independent distributor for Global Connections, Inc®. What began as a buying service in 1971 has transformed into a world premier travel club. Today, GCI boasts a property portfolio with prime inventory in destinations around the world, plus develops and owns resorts in some of the most popular resort areas in U.S. Today, Global Connections, Inc® is one of the most respected travel club developers and travel fulfillment providers in the vacation industry. There have been over 250,000 participants who have attended a travel seminar at Global Vacation Network.

GVN is excited to announce that it is working diligently to provide internal marketing and incentive capabilities. Our intention is to foster the best relationships with our clients by eliminating all third party affiliations and with the vendors who are currently shipping the promotional items to each and every client. Global Vacation Network is committed to providing the best possible customer service before during and after the presentation of our products and services. While we realize that everyone is working diligently, we strive to upgrade and streamline our internal marketing and promotional efforts for the best possible results.

View More View More

Global Vacation Network Reviews

Original review: Jan. 13, 2015

My experiences using Global Vacation Network are usually pretty good. For the most part, the trips I had with them are high quality and their team is usually friendly.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks for taking time to leave your review Ha Truong. GVN is glad you have had good vacations.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

I've been a member of Global Vacation Network since 2008. We sat through a 90-minute presentation and really liked what we heard and signed up at that time. Started utilizing the program and went on several really nice vacations. Paid for the membership over several years and actually we're coming upon completion of hanging off and it has become really fun family type thing. We've gifted stars to family members and recently my husband's son just got married and we gifted a honeymoon for him and his wife. We've done family trips as well as honeymoon for ourselves. Just really fun trips, we go see friends who live out of state, went to concerts in other states, to just vacations for my husband and I, to vacations for blended families because they have remarried. I have the membership now and we just use it for various things. But we definitely use expressways as well as the stars and we're getting ready to go to Florida on the 24th. We definitely have made very good use of it especially in the last couple of years. Our experience with Global has been very adventuresome and exciting.

Global Vacation Network response

Angela giving your husband's son and new wife a honeymoon was such a nice thing to do! And so is gifting stars to family member. Even a honeymoon for yourself, you really get the most from your GVN membersip. Glad to hear your experience with Global has been very adventuresome and exciting. Members like you Angela, make Global Vacation Membership an industry leader.

Global Vacation Membership

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

We signed up with Global in 2006 or 2007. They had some pretty good offers while we went and met with them, and we decided since we're planning on taking vacations every year, we would want to go with something like that. They offered packages that we thought were suited us and it wasn't high pressure or forced - it lined up with what we wanted. In every vacation, we've had good accommodations and we haven't had any issues. The one thing that could be improved is the location of keys since the managing real estate office is not always close to where you're staying.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks Brian for leaving feedback on your Global Vacatin membership. Glad to hear you have had good accommodations and haven't had any issues on your vacations.

Resolution response: July 24, 2015

My membership was canceled and for that I'm thankful.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2015

I'm very dissatisfied with this company. We signed up in 2013. Due to life circumstances, we haven't been able to travel till now. I've been charged 395.00 for the second year renewal that I did not authorize. After call when I was ready to travel, I got hit with more fees. 280.00 per studio for peak season fee. Really? I need 2 studios to accommodate my family. The dates, the locations available is just not what was sold to me when I signed up. So frustrating and the travel agents have bad attitudes. I'm so disgusted that I decided to sign up with this company. Don't be fooled like me, you'll do better to plan your own trip dealing directly with the company, not Global NON-Connect.

Hi Andress,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We have been unable to reach you by phone in order to address and resolve your concerns. We know that you can more easily connect with the value of your membership. The renewal fee is optional and only applies in years that you want to use your membership. You can use your star credits to waive upgrade fees and we have thousands of resort weeks available for you to book online. Please return our call when you are able so that we may assist you.
Sincerely,

The Global Team

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

It's been a very good experience so far with Global Vacation Network. For the most part, I get what I'm looking for and it works very well.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks David for sharing your GVN membership experience. Glad you are able to get the vacations you are wanting.

Global Vacation Network

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2015

I attended a Global Vacation Network presentation and it was a good meeting. We have not had a bad vacation with Global, all have been good. We sent a nephew for his honeymoon and another nephew for a family vacation and everybody enjoyed it. My only complaint is in winter time when you really don't find too many tourist stuff going on. Otherwise, we've had good experience with Global.

Global Vacation Network response

That is the nicest thing Pam to send your nephew on his honeymoon, and give another one of your nephew's a family vacation! These are gifts that they will remember a lifetime. Thanks for sharing this Pam, and to many happy vacations in the future.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

I went to the presentation of Global Vacation Network (GVN) that was in Tinley Park. They went over the week and things like that and stars and credits that we can use. So far our experiences with GVN were fine except for one because the representatives did not know that there was an off season and things didn't open up yet - certain things before we went on vacation. It was out on Ohio. But other than that we haven't had any issues or problems. We would recommend GVN. In fact, we've already had people join.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks so much Cynthia for your recommendation, and getting people to join Global Vacation Network. It is members like you that make GVN such a strong vacation network.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

We signed up last October November 2014 time frame. Went to use it for New Orleans trip and left message after message with service and never received a call back. Lost out on our Free Airline and Hotel. Trying to work with them again and so far we have airline tickets but no room. We are leaving next Thursday. Very stressful transaction that isn't completed.

Hi Linda,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. We're glad to hear that you have booked your promotional airfare. Even though the membership that you purchased is separate from the promotion you received just for coming to a presentation, we want to help make sure you take all the trips that you can.

The Global Team

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

We've had quite a few experiences with Global Vacation Network and have always been very satisfied. If we ever had a problem, they took care of it. They've always been very helpful. Sometimes the 60 day window was something I forget about but we've had good experience with anybody that we've called in the office that made the reservations.

Global Vacation Network response

GVN is so glad to hear Karen that you guys are very satisfied with your Global Vacation Network membership. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. To many happy vacations.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Dec. 18, 2014

I signed up late in the fall. Signing up with them was relatively easy. They had some very good people answering all my questions. All of the vacations I've been to were all great. I stayed down in Redington Beach. I've been to Myrtle Beach. I've been up in Northern Michigan, I've been down to Pigeon Forge, and I've been to Vegas a couple of times. I’m going to Hawaii next year and probably something in the summer sometime.

Global Vacation Network response

Wow, Keith you are really getting value from your Global Vacation Network membership package. Hawaii sounds like a great vacation destination. To many more happy travels.

Thanks for your feedback,

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

Everything was organized. I never had any issues with checking in or checking out. Everything was pretty easy. And whenever I’ve called GVN's home office, they’ve all been able to answer any questions that I might have. If they didn’t, they’d always get back to me. So it’s been a positive overall situation for me.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks Miya for letting us know about your GVN experiences. We really appreciate you taking the time. To more great vacations!

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Dec. 13, 2014

When we can get away and there’s some nice condo that we go to, it’s a very nice experience -- The first vacation we took was very nice. The only problem is that there's really not a lot of places we can stay at at certain areas, such as down at Orange Beach there's one and we do not really care for it. At some places we want to go to, there's no place that GVN has for us to stay at. So it's disappointing especially when you put that kind of money out.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks Judy for yur feedeback. GVN has been adding more and more resorts because the demand has become so high for them, so there will be more inventory making it easier to book vacations. To many happy vacations.

Global Vacation Network.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

I feel good about Global Vacation Network; that's why I signed up. We had a satisfactory experience.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks Charles for reporting that you feel good about your Global Vacation Network membership. Happy traveling.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

We attended a Global Vacation Network presentation and that’s how we ended up signing up. The presentation was very informative and upfront. We’ve used it every year since we had it and have been very satisfied with the places that we’ve stayed in - it was a good thing for us to do that. It’s always been positive except one time when I called to make a reservation and the girl argued with me because she said that we couldn’t get the week that we wanted because it was going into the next year. I knew that we can because the same thing happened the year before. Finally, I told her, “You need to go and talk to the supervisor because I know this is okay.” She did and it was all fine. We may have had to adjust a little bit time-wise as far as what they have for availability but we’ve been able to go where we want to go. We always like to go to Hawaii so we paid extra for where you can sign up 13 months ahead of time of when you want to go. That has worked out well for us because we get in ahead of a lot of the other people. We would recommend them.

Global Vacation Network response

Sandra, GVN is so glad that you guys are able to vacation every year using your Global Vacation Network membership, especially to a destination like Hawaii.

Thanks for your recommendation,

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Dec. 7, 2014

I first heard about Global Vacation Network from a flier in the mail. I went in with the intention of not doing anything to get the free stuff and it turned into applying. I attended a Global Vacation Network presentation and it was great -- a good experience. We tried to book a vacation and they told us there was nothing available so we went through to something else. But we were not happy after paying all this money for this place so we contacted somebody else and got our units that we wanted. Going on a trip was fabulous and we have one scheduled for January. They're a great deal and I've had 3-6 people who bought into it since I did.

Global Vacation Network response

Connie we are so glad to hear that GVN was able to get you the accomodations you requested. Thanks so much for recommending the Global Vacation Network travel memberships to so many of your friends, this allows them to upgrade from the average travel experience.

Keep up the great work, GVN is an industry leader because of members like you Connie!

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

We got an offer for free flight anywhere if we went in to listen to a sales pitch from Global Vacation Network and it was a good presentation. We enjoyed it and signed up. We’ve taken quite a few trips. We went to the big island of Hawaii for our first trip and Myrtle Beach and Las Vegas. We’ve been to Dustin and Daytona Beach, FL; Gatlinburg, TN; Frisco, CO. The condos were all very good. We enjoyed it all. First class affair.

Global Vacation Network response

Wow Robert, Hawaii, Myrtle Beach, Las Vegas, Dustin, Daytona Beach FL, Gatlinburg TN, and Frisco CO, what great vacation destinations. It is great to hear about people using their Global Vacation Network membership for so many great vacations. Thanks Robert for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Dec. 8, 2014

My husband and I bought a package from Global Vacations back in 1997. They were then located in Southfield, Michigan. The very first trip we took was to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. It was very nice and the condo was excellent. The following year we went to Hawaii in a very substandard hotel like condo. From that point on it has been a living hell. The contract requires that you book 45 days ahead. Well, let me tell you, you can book 9 months - 1 year ahead and they claim to have nothing available. None of the places listed in the brochure are ever available. When you are able to get accommodations it is in a 2-3 star hotel, nothing whatsoever like what you are presented with in the presentation. I still have time left on our package, but had to walk away because they wanted the maintenance fee paid up in full for the 2 years we were unable to use the plan. Why would we continue to pay a maintenance fee and no unit is ever available???? They won't even discuss availability until the fee is paid, then after you paid the fee NOTHING is available. TOTAL SCAM!!!!

Hi Ophelia,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Our records show that you have used 6 condominium weeks with the membership so far and we look forward to having you use many more. We are having an agent contact you in order to address and resolve your concerns.

Sincerely,

The Global Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

We’ve been members of Global Vacation Network for over 10 years. We signed up at a presentation. Experiences were fantastic. Never had a bad experience. Highly recommend it and we love the program. Every vacation we’ve had has just been absolutely amazing. The people at the resorts that we’ve gone to are super friendly. We haven’t had a real interaction with the Global people other than when I’ve called and set up plans for vacation but the people have been extremely courteous, very helpful, and they’ve always been able to get exactly what we wanted so we’re very pleased. Overall, I’d recommend Global Vacation Network. We have not one complaint nor have we ever had a complaint ever. It’s been great. We’ll stick with it for as long as we can travel.

Global Vacation Network response

Roger we are so glad to hear that you have had such great experiences with your Global Vacation Network membership, and would recommend Global Vacation Network. To many more vacations!

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Nov. 26, 2014

I first heard about Global Vacation Network in one of the presentations a long time ago, and I bought into it that night cause it was such a good thing and I was pleased with it. I really liked it. I’ve had all good experiences, no bad ones. The trips have been all good quality. Fantastic. Interaction with the team was always good, nothing bad. If the economy weren’t so bad I would recommend it to everybody if I could get them to sign-up. Just overall, the program is great and all the additions. I haven’t used mine in a couple of years cause I’ve been financially strapped, but I’m hoping to talk to somebody soon about catching up on what’s going on cause I hope to use it next year if I can.

Global Vacation Network response

Great to hear about your Global Vacation Network experiences Wendy. GVN is so happy to hear from members like you Wendy, relating your vacation experience to help others that are searching out information from people who vacation using their Global Vacation Network membership.

Thanks,

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Nov. 22, 2014

We went to a Global Vacation Network presentation and we liked it. We've been with them for years. One time, they set us in a condo which was nice. The balcony had 4 ceiling fans, and tiles all over the place. It was an apartment probably around 1,500 to 1,700 square feet. It was huge and I was impressed. They had a full kitchen with granite tops and a nice refrigerator, not cheap like a hotel where you have crushed ice. The place where we're at had 3 huge swimming pools. They had nice shops around and you could rent a boat and jet skis. You even had a place where you can go jetpacking.

So Global is my favorite. It was the most expensive to join but you get what you paid for. It's pretty reasonable. My wife and I like Global. We'd recommended it to our friends. We had one of our friends join them. They're good and they help us a lot. When I ask for things, they get back with us. They even helped us with passports. It's a really good company.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks Michael for taking the time to write about your experiences with Global Vacation Network and your membership. Glad to hear Global Vacation Network is your favorite!

Thanks again,

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Nov. 20, 2014

Initially I signed up for a 3-year preliminary and recently I went ahead and changed to be a regular member because the trips that I've been on have been great (I've been on two) and I've been very satisfied with what we had. So I would recommend Global. However, there is a company that Global deals that is is almost impossible to work with and they have us jumping through hoop after hoop after hoop. They make you turn in 3 places where "you can't go here, you need to turn in another one... you can't just go here, you need to turn in another one... " and they give you these deadlines. Finally they said "okay, we'll give you this." So we gave them a date but they changed the date and said, "I'm sorry. It's got to be this way." It was one thing after another after... We ended up not going because we couldn't deal with it any longer. I wish I remember the name of them. If I knew exactly how to report them, I would report them. But brushing that aside, Global has been very very helpful, they've helped us work out a place. And like I said, I just recently changed from a 3 year trial to a full membership and I paid that and they have not been hard to deal with.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks Linda for deteailing your experiences with GVN. Feedback is so important for us to provide the type of travel membership club that truly benefits its members. We are so glad to hear about your great vacations and the fact that you upgraded from a 3 year trial to a full membership.

Happy Vacationing,

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

I've been a member with Global Vacation Network for 13 years and we've been to a lot of places. We've been to Orlando, Tennessee and Myrtle Beach. Those are the ones that I remember most. All the trips had been pretty good and the teams at Global are usually easy to contact.

Global Vacation Network response

Those are great vacation destinations Jeff. GVN is so glad you are utilizing your Global Vacation Network membership for so many great travel destinations.

Thanks for being a member,

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Nov. 16, 2014

We love our experience with Global Vacation Network and our vacation plan. We heard about GVN years ago. A guy that worked at a local TV station started doing promotion for the travel club and we went out to one of the presentations, loved it and have been in it ever since. We plan on maintaining and staying in it for the rest of our lives. I retired so we haven't used it in maybe a year but we plan on being more active in GVN again shortly.

Our experience with the GVN team has been perfect too. We were in Florida and I was having a hard time trying to rent a car. We got a much better rate through Global travel than we did right there at the rental car place. It worked out perfectly for us. Also we got information about where to go for cruises in Fort Lauderdale, cause we were down there a few years ago and Global travel helped us.

I also told my mother-in-law about GVN. She got timeshare in St. Martins. When she initially bought her timeshare, she was paying $300 for the one week and it was $70 or $80 maintenance a month. By the time it was over, for that one week she was paying over $1,500. I kept telling her about our plan with GVN and when she looked at it, she said, “This is crazy. You guys told me so I’m now switching over.” So my mother-in-law is also a part of our travel club as well.

Global Vacation Network response

We are so happy to hear about your experiences with Global Vacation Network Wes. Thanks so much for referring your Mother in Law. It is members like you Wes that make GVN a leader in the vacation club industry!

Thanks again,

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

It's been 8 years since we joined Global Vacation Network. They were here in town. We had a positive experience when we attended the presentation the first time and ninety percent of the vacations we've had through them have been excellent. They're just what we wanted. We're an old couple and wanted to be able to travel so they helped us. Overall it's very satisfactory. Lately I've done most of my contact through the internet but anytime other than that, our interactions with the Global team worked out fine. I would recommend them.

Global Vacation Network response

So glad to hear about your many years of great vacations using your Global Vacation Network membership. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your travel experiences.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Nov. 14, 2014

We signed up to become a member with Global Vacation Network. I haven't used it in a while but when I did, my experience was good. All of our interactions with the Global team has been positive. Overall quality of the trip has always been well. However, I would not recommend Global Vacation to my friends but it's not because of any experience I've had with the people I've talked to. It would be because there are no vacation places to stay where I want to go. I've called them sometimes to find out if there are places where I want to go but they don't seem to have places available. We have always stayed in and we like to go up to New England and there are absolutely no places in Maine for us to say. Signing up to become a member was good but I don't think that Global Vacation has 5-star accommodations, maybe 3-star accommodations.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks Jan for your experience with GVN. They have been adding new resorts because of the high demand for more vacation areas. Hopefully Global can get a resort in the area you want to vacation.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Nov. 21, 2014

My family and I have used Global Discovery for now over four years. They do not disappoint! Every location has provided us with a spectacular vacation without the unnecessary 'junk' that is associated with other vacation/timeshare programs. While Riviera Maya (my favorite) has been used multiple times, Gatlinburg, TN was spectacular. The staff is very accommodating in finding the right resorts at the optimal time. Side note: Plan accordingly & book early as possible! These are prime locations, and they fill up fast. I would just like to thank Global Discovery for an amazing program to which will be used for years to come. Vacation has a new look on life!

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks so much Steven for this great review of your experience using your Global Vacation Network membership. I agree Gatlinburg, TN is spectacular, and the Riviera Maya is also a wonderful vacation destination. To many more happy vacations!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

On 11/16/14 my wife and I received the "Bait and Switch" call stating we had been selected to win a guaranteed sweepstakes award. We attended the stated 90-minute presentation and were educated and quite entertained by the podium facilitator. After 4 total hours of being at the presentation center we actually purchased a plan and became members.

We are current very satisfied owners of a timeshare with Marriott Vacation Club. We were informed that adding GVN to our current Marriott ownership would enhance our vacationing experiences due to the extensive travel network resources GVN has access to. The major selling point to us was we were told that being a GVN club owner would enable us to use the travel agency services to book discounted flights.

Well lo and behold, this is clearly not the case. In fact, when we tried to use the travel agency service to book a flight from NY to Cancun, Mexico for 4 days in Feb 2015 there were no flights available. However, when I searched using Kayak, or CheapOair or even directly through specific airlines there were many flights available. Interesting isn't it? What happened to the extensive travel network resources?

Additionally, that guaranteed sweepstakes we were winners of... well it turns out we did the scratch off and actually won a, "Round-trip airfare and hotel accommodation to 3 days/2 nights at our choice of hotel." However, after reading the lengthy legal fine print it turns out that, "The Reservation Request Form will allow you to select travel dates and destinations". BUT... "Travel must depart on a Monday or Tuesday... All travel must be completed within one year from the date of issuance. You must select two travel dates with at least 30 days between each travel date. Flight schedules and hotels are at the discretion of the validation center. All requests are at the discretion of the validation center.”

And the best part, “This offer is not valid on or within 7 days before or after a major holiday. Major holidays: New Year's Day, Dr. Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas.” Do the math. That means for 140 days out of 356 within a year this voucher cannot be used!!! 7 days before or after the holiday = 14 days for each of the listed holidays with 28 days for Christmas and New Year's combined.

So, simply put, if you have a ton of flexibility in your personal schedule and are willing to be at the whim of someone else's decision making of your travel plans then this is for you. Unfortunately, this is not a viable option for my wife and I. We have submitted the written cancellation request as of 11/17/14. Which is within the 3 day window as written on our agreement contract. Now we have our fingers crossed that the cancellation will go smoothly and we wait to receive our full refund since we paid in full when we signed on to become members.

GVN may well be a product for some people. Unfortunately it is not a product for all people. The moral of this story, read the fine print of all documentation. Ask lots of questions and if there is any conflict between what a salesperson tells you and what you find out for yourself back out! Oh, and if you happen to have the ability to use an American Express credit card to pay for your membership I highly recommend you don't listen when they try to dissuade you from using it. I know that if the cancellation doesn't go smoothly then Amex will quickly remove the charge from the bill with one phone call.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

During Sales Presentation we were told many untruthful statements. Purchased this vacation club last year in the summer. My Representative was Andrea, and Mike was the travel director. I am in contract for over 5k for this membership. It's been over a year and I still can't use it. We were promised that we would have abundance of locations and neighboring condos to stay at. They showed us maps of different places to go with different colors showing us condo's they owned as well as their condos who they have contracts with as the neighboring units that would be own to us. Three times within this year, and the most recent being 10-27-14, I was trying to go to Miami.

I get the runaround. “We are all booked till April. You should really book a year in advance like our regular members". I told the lady - Danny, “The reason why I joined with this company was because you guys assured us we could book within months and even weeks before a trip.” The lady hanged up on me. They absolutely tell you that it's subject to availability, but at the same time they show you hundreds of locations all over the states. You look at their map of places and are assured you will have somewhere to stay. But, now being a member and trying to reserve a place it's a complete lie.

So, since this last failed attempt I decide to Google this company... at the presentation we were told they were approved by the BBB as they showed us their slideshow. Also they said this was the number one company with no complaints in its history... All lies. Then we were promised the free trip with airfare to HI for going to the presentation and then another trip without airfare to Mexico that need to be used/booked within a year. Well, I sent in the form they gave me and then when I inquired about it... Nothing.

Hi Knania,

Global Vacation Network is an independent distributor for the Global Discovery Vacation program. Global Vacation Network does not have any offices in California and was not the distributor through whom you purchased your membership. Global Vacation Network is therefore not able to respond to your concerns about the distributor through whom you purchased.

We recommend that you contact the office where you purchased your membership to reach a resolution to your concerns.

Resolution response: Nov. 15, 2014

I got a call from someone at Kris at Global Vacations and she cleared everything up. I really do think their package is pretty attractive and when the timming is right I will join.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

I received a call from Global vacation about 2 weeks ago. The man said I won a 5-day 4-night cruise with airfare for 2 and 2 nights hotel accommodations. I asked the man if I had to pay anything for this prize. His reply was "No, you won a prize. There is no cost to you." I then asked if I had to pay any fees or deposits or anything else for this prize. Again I was told "No it is free. You do not have to pay for anything." I questioned him a third time and got the same reply. The man said "Your time is worth money and we are compensating you for your time." I said, "OK I will go to your presentation." I was told I would get another call from them to give me an appointment time and date. At this time I asked him again if my prize was going to cost me anything. This time he chuckled and said "No you don't have to pay for anything."

He gave me a confirmation and prize number and an appointment, 11-04-14 at 7:45 P.M. and that he would contact me the day of the appointment to confirm that I was attending. I again asked if there was any cost for this cruise. Again I got the same answer. He also said it would only take 90 minutes of my time. The day of my appointment he called to confirm my attendance and again assured me I would pay nothing for this prize. When my wife and I arrived at the office to register I again asked the same question and given the same answer, "No Cost to you." I wish I would have done some research first, but that's another story.

My wife and I attended the presentation and I must say we thought it was a great deal. The presenter was very polite and professional and seemed to enjoy his job. We liked him. After the presentation we were escorted by another gentleman to another room where the sales pitch was presented to us. Again the guy was professional and friendly. Though we were not pushed into buying we were told this was a one time offer at this discounted price. My wife and I discussed it and decided the timing was off because we were paying off our wedding from 2 weeks earlier. If the timing had been different we would have jumped on the offer. We said maybe next year after we paid our wedding off. The salesman was very understanding but said we probably wouldn't have the same offer. He said wait here until he got our prize certificate and we could leave, which he did and we left.

On the way home my wife and I discussed the bad timing of this offer. We really wanted to go for it. So I get home and as I am checking the prize certificate I see a web site to get the details. You guessed it. We have to pay reservation fees and taxes and other government fees. It was just ridiculous. The funny part is I asked the guy on the phone if I could record him reiterating the zero cost to me. He didn't mind so I did. I intend to wait 2 days for an answer to this from Global Vacations then I will contact an attorney. If you get a call from them, I recommend you hang up immediately.

Hi Carl,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are having the independent marketing company that you had contact with contact you to address and resolve your concerns. We appreciate your participation in the presentation and want to make sure that you receive the promotion that you were offered.

The Global Team

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

For our situation and income and all, I think Global has been the best fit that we've found so far. We've only used Global twice, one for Hawaii and the other in Gatlinburg and we've been very happy.

The Gatlinburg trip was very nice. We stayed in one of the log cabins. It was in the off-season, in October, so the pool wasn’t open. But we all liked the cabin. I wished the setting would have been more up on a mountain, like how Bluegreens was. We took a tour through Bluegreens there and that was really classy.

When we went to Hawaii we stayed in Maui. We stayed right across from the beach. That was a really nice place. It had fancy garden, landscaping and grass. In Oahu, we basically stayed in a 38-storey building on Royal Kuhio Drive there. It was kinda like being on vacation in New York City. It wasn’t a bad place but it was a few blocks away from the beach or where all the big end resorts are. But a healthy person could walk down there in 3 to 4 minutes. I'm in a wheelchair so it took me a little while. But it was really right along bus routes. I took the bus to different places. It was well located, like staying in a skyscraper.

But being in Waikiki, the whole place is like being in New York City. It’s just the way the whole area is. We liked the place. It was an older building, but it was very nice. The only thing about both those places at Hawaii, they kind of advertised heated pools, and the pools were not warm at all. That was the only disappointing thing because being handicapped, I really would use a pool more than being able to go in the ocean. So, that was really the only thing that was disappointing. The interactions I had with the Global team were all positive. They gave nice presentations. Overall, I really like Global Vacation Network.

Global Vacation Network response

Both Hawaii and Gatlinburg are such great vacation destinations Michael. The log cabin sounds so fun! Thanks so much for being a GVN member.

Global Vacation Network Company Information