4.25/5
Based on 331 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Orlando, FL

Global Vacation Network is celebrating 16 years of sales and service. GVN is the largest independent distributor for Global Connections, Inc®. What began as a buying service in 1971 has transformed into a world premier travel club. Today, GCI boasts a property portfolio with prime inventory in destinations around the world, plus develops and owns resorts in some of the most popular resort areas in U.S. Today, Global Connections, Inc® is one of the most respected travel club developers and travel fulfillment providers in the vacation industry. There have been over 250,000 participants who have attended a travel seminar at Global Vacation Network.

GVN is excited to announce that it is working diligently to provide internal marketing and incentive capabilities. Our intention is to foster the best relationships with our clients by eliminating all third party affiliations and with the vendors who are currently shipping the promotional items to each and every client. Global Vacation Network is committed to providing the best possible customer service before during and after the presentation of our products and services. While we realize that everyone is working diligently, we strive to upgrade and streamline our internal marketing and promotional efforts for the best possible results.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

343 Global Vacation Network Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

We have been Global Discovery Vacations members for three years now. We haven't had many opportunities to use their services but overall we were satisfied with the program. It really is a hit or miss but we are not picky so we tried to make the best out of our vacations. The company recently increased our membership fees but we thought there was an inflation rate to consider so we were OK with that.

While we were vacationing with Global last month, we were called and asked to go for a brief meeting to their nearby office since our membership needed to be updated. I specifically asked if that was going to be a sales presentation because we had friends with us. I was told that "no, it was not going to be anything like that", and we would each (our friends and our family) get a free one-week vacation for the trouble (which we did at the end). So we went, and sure enough that WAS a presentation, where the agent was trying to sell us an "upgrade" for $2600 in order to gain more star weeks, and more hotel choices.

First of all, we were quite upset that we had to drag our friends along and waste their time, and second - we were definitely not prepared to spend that kind of money on such a short notice, so we denied the offer. After we came back home, I started looking for a new destination for our last star week for the year, and to my surprise there was nothing to choose from! One bedroom condos were a real treasure to find, and for the month of August there were only TWO options, both in Arizona! They sure want us to upgrade!

When we first signed up with Global, we thought that we had made a great choice, giving us the opportunity, therefore the motivation, to travel and take time away from our busy lives. We were never told that at some point we would have to upgrade, for about the same price we paid only three years ago, to be able to enjoy our "life-time" investment. Right now I feel like we were tricked and would not recommend the company to any of my friends. Still wondering what to do with the one star week we have left.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 28, 2018

This company took advantage of me as a senior by being very high pressure and having inexperienced agents wait on us (one was in training). Also, telling us that it didn't matter where you traveled it was all $187.00 per week. We specifically asked about Hawaii and yes was the answer. When we tried to schedule, not only was nothing available, but the prices were triple what was promised. Also, we tried calling many times only to be put forever on hold and when leaving messages were never called back. Just recently when we tried to get out of the contract they were very rude saying we signed and had to hold up to our part. The problem was they never held up their part of the contract by being deceiving and lying. Stay away from Global Vacation Network!!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Promised to receive a substantial prize that was completely bogus. Paid money to travel and receive my prize. Illegally solicited me on my do-not-call number. DO NOT EXPECT TO GET THE PRIZE YOU ARE PROMISED.

Hi John,
We have not received a reply from the private message that we sent to you in regard to your complaint. GVN is committed to ethical business practices and customer satisfaction and we would like the opportunity to help in any way that we can. Please feel free to privately reply to our message whenever you can and we will work to assist you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

My parents bought a 5 star package in their retirement. They never ended up using due to sudden poor health. My dad always told me... “It goes to you kids when we die.” Apparently not! Apparently they would have had to transfer it BEFORE their death. So if you own and die suddenly... Global gets your package back free and clear. Global rep just told me my dad KNEW that when he bought it... sounds like a hidden scam to me. My dad was so proud he and mom were leaving something for his children to enjoy after he and mom passed! My dad passed suddenly first and my mother was paralyzed her last 4 years of life so couldn’t notarize anything! After global told me all this... they then offer to sell me a "discounted" package! REALLY!!? I think this place is a scam to weasel money out of old people!!!

Hi Jean,

Please allow us to offer you our sincere condolences on the passing of your mother and father.

We haven't received any replies to the private messages we have sent to you in regard to this. We would like the opportunity to address and resolve the concerns that you have around the potential methods of transfer of your late parent's vacation membership.

Could you please reply privately with your contact information?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My husband and I purchased this travel plan 5 years ago. We have never been able to use the vacation "stars" or time due to the lack of destination locations and time of year. All resorts located in Florida etc. are during the peak Hurricane season. Even if you are looking at off peak times to travel the destinations are usually not available or cost more than what is being sold. Also, do NOT attend a presentation. They will promise some sort of gift but you will leave with a $5 gift card to Walmart of the like and think you are getting a 3-4 day Cruise. However, once you read the fine print and all the reviews you will see that you never get the cruise but pay additional $200+ in fees. The whole program is a SCAM and they hope that folks like my husband and I just give up. I will be looking to take this company to small claims court in order to re-coup some of our funds.

Dear Jen,
We would really like the opportunity to help you have a great experience with your membership. We have thousands of vacation weeks available during peak times and we want to make sure that you're able to easily access them. You are important to us and we'd like to help. Could you please reply privately to this message with a phone number at which we could reach you? We look forward to helping you.

Global Vacation Network

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?

Original review: July 13, 2017

My husband and I went to a presentation and bought with Global Vacation Network back in 2007 when we lived near Chicago. The salespeople were very helpful and they even got me some peanut M&M's when my blood sugar started to dip since we were there past dinner time. We were quite skeptical that they could work with my husband's difficult schedule and were concerned with the time restraints of our three school age children. In the end we decided to give it a try and we both agree that we're glad that we did. We've always loved to travel and wanted an affordable way to take our children to other states and other countries as they got older and be able to return to areas in Europe and Mexico where we had traveled during our engagement. We held our breath and put in our first vacation request for the Wisconsin Dells.

We were delighted to discover that the two bedroom accommodations at the Tamarack in the Dells were more than adequate, the full kitchen had everything that we needed and more and that most of the places had washers and dryers. Over the next few years we found similar accommodations with Global in MI, IN, OH, TN and SC. Myrtle Beach has become a family favorite and we've been back several times using different resorts there with our Global membership. We have had a few small problems with some of the places (keys, A/C unit and a shower). In each case the resort or Global has stepped up to fix the problem. We've found that it's best to contact the resort first if there's a problem and only reach out to Global if the resort staff doesn't handle it.

The membership has had some upgrades over the years and we've purchased more "star credits" so we can get larger units and travel more often. We've been able to take 4 vacation weeks a year for the last several years and have taken the whole family to Spain and France and Mexico with the Global Vacation program and have plans for Australia and Ireland. We certainly would not have been able to afford to travel this much without the Global program and we have recommended it to friends and family. Many Thanks.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 13, 2017

Wish we never signed up with Global Connections/Discovery Vacations. We have been members for almost 3 years. We have only been able to book through them once. We have tried several times and are told that we need to book more than a year out. Not good options, old, dirty, run down places, Very discouraged, we are out a lot of money with nothing to show for it. It is a SCAM! We want out! How do we get out of it?

Hi Dawn,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We understand that you did not purchase your Vacation Membership through Global Vacation Network but through a separate distributor. We have been notified that they are addressing your concerns.

Resolution response: May 12, 2017

We've been members since 2002, and so there have been many improvements through the years that we were not aware of with Global Vacation Network. I wish I had known Andrew (GVN customer service specialist) before I wrote my earlier review--Andrew spent a great deal of time discussing the program with us and sharing information on how to get the most out of our membership, and he well-informed us of how the program has improved over the years.

Global Vacation has taken steps to improve communication between GVN owned properties and non owned properties to ensure a safe and relaxing vacation for their members. The customer service side of GVN has greatly improved over the years as well, and we recently had the opportunity to speak with them simultaneously while working with Andrew, and we were very impressed and look forward to speaking with them in the future. As our issues were genuine, GVN took responsibility and they have worked diligently to resolve all of our issues. We look forward to vacationing using our Global Vacation membership now and into the future.

Original review: March 20, 2017

We were called by Global back in 2002. Very high pressure and confusing. We were offered the deal for $7500 originally. When we refused, they came down and down and down. $2600 and we were gone after a five hours sales pitch. The problem is we paid very high interest on the $2600. So they still got their money. The bigger problem was after we paid it off. They called again. We were so young, we were new business owners and had no attorney check the paperwork for us. These kind of contracts should never be considered without being looked over by an attorney. But it's not like we had the opportunity. That price was only good that one moment. When we got called back that second time three years later, we had not even used it except for the free hotel stay in Hawaii, which was a nasty hotel, and for a Disney trip we took just weeks after purchasing the package.

So we hadn't really gotten used to how it all worked. Very confusing. Anyway, we were nuts to go back, but the way they got us to go back for another contract was (Darren **) Customer Service Manager, this was like the year 2005, said that they wanted to make good on the package. He claimed that some people didn't get what they were promised and that they wanted to make sure we got everything we should have gotten. He said the last thing they wanted was for people to come back down the road, upset, that they found out they didn't get the same thing that others got. WOW! We fell hook line and sinker.

The first time really was not a ripoff. If not for the second time around life would be great. Perhaps that is why they really called us back. They reviewed some contracts and found they didn't get enough money to really make out good. Darren ** told us they had added some new resorts and they even added cruises. We could get on that cruise list if we paid another $2600. I advised him we couldn't do it because of the high interest rate on the previous contract. Yeah, the interest rate was so high we ended up paying about $7000. We should not have gone back, but we did and we signed when he said the interest rate would not be so high this time.

The problem I discovered later was that the annual fee that was originally not to exceed $359 was now not to exceed $700. Darren never mentioned that the annual fee would change and we didn't catch on until it was too late. I called Global and they refused to change it. I tried to call Darren ** but the number was no longer in service. Of course it wasn't in service! Basically there is not much savings. Especially when there is no guarantee the place you will get is even as superb as they said the places would be. It's hit or miss. Some places are awful and some are really nice.

We are now considering going to Mexico using Global. We did go two years ago and we stayed at the Canto Del Sol, which was very nice. No complaints about the room or resort really, just the staff. After our Global package experience my husband and I decided never ever under no circumstance would we attend any such type of sales sessions. And believe me there have been many just like Global that have surfaced over the years. And they are getting more clever and it's way easier for them to commit fraud on your credit cards.

I will say this, and I hope Global keeps themselves at bay and avoids temptations to commit fraud on their members--Since I spoke to Global directly when reserving my vacation, and the office is in the US (which doesn't mean they can't fraud us, it just means so far they haven't. Not that I can see). I provided my credit card to pay everything including the taxes. Global informed me that there is an all inclusive offer of $1000 per person for the buffet, but they we could decide that later once we were in Mexico if we chose, or we could do it right then over the phone. I turned it down because it was quite a steep price. That's $2000 for food for two for one week.

I am familiar with Mexico and I chose to shop for groceries and prepare our meals in our fully equipped condo. I paid Global over the phone via credit card and my credit card information has so far been safe. So far no fraud has been committed on my accounts. If I had paid via credit card anything in Mexico things would have turned out much different. We arrived in Mexico and the hotel staff at Canto Del Sol was made up partially of RNC representatives and they insisted on having us attend a 50% off breakfast--in a huge room set up like a Global sales conference room. We refused. But when they wouldn't stop stalking us everywhere we went, we finally agreed to go. They wanted our credit card number. We told them we would pay cash. They were instantly upset. That's what we thought! They were going to one way or another get us to buy a vacation package via giving us discounted food and a high sales pressure pitch.

This was our vacation! For three days, they stalked us. They called our room. They followed us when they saw us eating food on the premises and they confronted us wanting to know how we got the food since we had not purchased the food plan. They carry clipboards probably with everyone's name, room number, and who knows what else. Anyway, we advised we bought the food at the grocery store and brought it here. They walked away, and then they huddled in a corner having a discussion. They would glance over at us now and then.

Incidentally, the resort is stripped of vending machines completely. There is no place to purchase food for cash. You have to provide a credit card and they don't even particularly allow you to purchase a single meal out at the cafe or even a drink at the bar. We don't drink alcohol, but we did attempt to buy a coke. The guy looked at us strange and gave it to us for free. It was late in the evening when this occurred and that's probably the only reason they gave it to us. What happened was that after they continued to stalk us and continually trying to get us to attend the breakfast (which we never did) and to bring a credit card we went to the front desk and told them what had been going on (not that they didn't know already) but we told them this needed to stop. That under no circumstance are we giving them our credit card.

We also complained about how they refused to let anyone purchase food, and how there were no vending machines to buy snack or beverages, or even medicine. We told them we had figured out that most of the staff are actually a group of sales people dressed like hotel staff and we do not want to purchase anything. We told them we have Global and we do not want another package. They agreed to leave us alone. They even agreed to let us pay for some food with cash. We never did buy the food. We were fed up. Pun unintended! But we did still have a great time once we got them off our case. When I got home I called Global and asked if they were aware of the RNC (can't remember what it stands for but they are online and there are many complaints about them frauding people via credit cards) staff and that they harass members. Global said no.

I told them about our experience with there being no vending machines and how we couldn't buy food, and how we were confronted when we were spotted eating our own food. Global acted surprised. I'm not sure if they were really surprised. I think they know this goes on and they either choose not to do anything about it, or they can't do anything about it, or they are in on it. I certainly hope not. I really do want to use Global without being robbed. I've paid enough. I just want to enjoy my vacations now. We are planning to go soon back to Mexico, but we will likely stay at Krystal International resort as Can Del Sol has no room available. We will see how it goes.

Resolution response: Feb. 14, 2017

When my wife and I first bought our membership from Global, we couldn't have been happier with our choice to join. We took some great vacations. The money you save is unbelievable. For the past few years, we have used other vacation options, and haven't used our Global membership. This year we decided we wanted to take advantage of our membership again. They have some changes since we last used our membership. A gentleman from Global came to our home and I was upset about the changes that were made. But I believe the whole thing was a misunderstanding on my part. We were still able to get a three-bedroom condo on the beach in July. Since writing my original review, I have been contacted by Global, and they have answered all my questions. I would urge people to consider Global. I wish I could remove my original review, and I look forward to using Global for my vacation needs in the future.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

My wife and I bought a membership to Global Vacation Network several years ago. This year we were going to try to go to a beach. Anywhere just a beach. A representative from Global came to our home, and wanted to sell us an upgrade on our membership for $2000 dollars. We declined. Now when I look on their website and try to find something on the beach seven months from now, nothing. In fact I have one option, and that is in Costa Rica. One option in the whole world. But if I pay the $2000 dollars, I have tons of options in Florida, and South Carolina. We originally payed $5800 for our membership. But nobody told us we would have to pay thousands of dollars every so many years to keep using our membership. Please don't buy what they are selling. Just look at what the Better Business Bureau has to say about Global.

Resolution response: Nov. 22, 2016

Thank you for your prompted response and your time with me on the phone. I will consider this particular situation resolved.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Let's see this is a part of the Global discoveries, and I have had it for a few years now. Initially I was happy but I can tell you there has been a definite slide downward. The last place I stayed was horrible, with cockroaches, a queen bed that was two cheap twin beds pushed together! The pictures on the internet showed you a pool a nice beach area, and then after you pay and get there you are told "sorry nothing is guaranteed" and they show the tiny writing on the receipt AFTER you pay! There is also always an upsell they tell you that you need to take time out of your vacation to visit them to go over changes in your package... Well they just get you to go into up sell you and get you to pay more for more selections. And then when you say no thanks they won't even give you what you were promised to come to begin with.

I spent weeks calling and complaining and leaving bad reviews online before I get what I was promised. And then my vacation week of a lifetime is very limited and they promise you nothing! You pick a state that is all and good luck! And for the icing I am looking to book 5 months out for a LOW season cause that is ALL you get to pick from and you have to give them 200$ deposit 5 months out or up to 12 months out if you don't book...

I don't mind giving a deposit but how about I do that when I check in? Not half a year in advance! And you don't get your deposit back for 2 weeks after your vacation is over? Wow. I would never recommend this place to anyone. It started out nice and has turned into a total disaster. Rude, pushy sales people and horrible customer service when you call!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

Global Vacation is such a great vacation club. We have been able to travel to different locations/resorts and meet so many new people. Our experience far surpasses anything we could have hoped for. We have recommended Global to family and friends and are pleased that 4 friends have also joined. Now we will have to try and plan a joint vacation together as a group. We have new friends we have met while traveling, and enjoy the luxury of being able to go to different resorts in specific areas to determine which resort we like the best. So far each resort has been clean, the people are all friendly and welcome you as family. I love the fact that some resorts offer the option to purchase their all-inclusive package. We have taken advantage of this option twice and have been very pleased. Our next vacation is already planned - we are returning next month to Puerto Vallarta, for the third time this year. Love it!

I want to mention that some resorts offer presentations to guests, hoping that you will purchase "time" at their resort/location. They will offer you incentives to purchase. No resort can match the value and large selection of different resorts/locations that Global can offer. We are planning our next vacation in January. We are considering having a second Global Vacation presentation in our home for a group of friends who are interested. We want them to hear and see why we love our vacation club so much.

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2016

I would like to express my thanks to Global Vacation and their representative Andrew in bringing my dispute to a successful conclusion. My wife and, I enjoy our vacations through them, and will continue to do so in the future. Thanks again for your prompt handling of this situation.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

My wife and I have been with Global since 2010. The reason for going with the vacation package, was to spend a month in Florida in February. They said "No problem that can be done..." Everything went well for the first 2 years, then they said they could not put us in a condo for one month, and would have to do it in 2 week segments. Driving from PA to Florida, I did not want to make several trips to accomplish my vacation... this brings us to the present day. I sent a request in on March 10, 2016 for a vacation date of February 2017... According to the original contract your request are handled on a first come basis. I have at present received 2 locations. One was for Kissimmee, Florida and the other was for Ruskin which is in the middle of nowhere. I stayed there in 2015 and did not want to go back.

In other words if you don't take what they offer, you may not be going anywhere, even though you have spent a considerable amount of cash. I personally think they have a tier system and if you want to go on vacation, you better pay for their promotions... I ask them to refund my money, but to no avail... I am currently considering hiring an attorney to sue Global Vacations, and also reporting them to the BBB. Thanks for reading.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

Told me did not need wife to listen to presentation. I did not buy because of cost. Told her I have a better deal with another co. Suppose to get a voucher for a free vacation. Julie said because my wife did not attend I will not get voucher. I feel I was lied to and scammed. I was referred by a friend who is a member. He will get a mouthful from me. Not happy!

Original review: June 23, 2016

We don't understand what others complains. We bought this star credit membership in 2004, and we are using a lot more now than ever. And I must say it's been great! So easy to use and understand. There's no hidden charges. I would definitely recommend the Global Vacation.

Original review: March 18, 2016

Hello. I wanted to thank Global and their representative, Cheryl, for a very productive and informative meeting this past Saturday with Wayne and me. It was excellent how you explained everything and now I really feel I can take a better advantage of this wonderful vacation club. You have a way of putting it all in a hands-on process and I was even able to book a getaway for this summer. It was a great offering and thanks again for explaining it to us. It was a pleasure to meet with you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2015

We've been hearing ominous things on TV from Ohio about people who are very displeased with the way Global Vacation handled getting people in to listen to the spiel. They feel like they've been taken and some of the prizes that were promised weren't up to what they should be. But we have used it and we've been pleased with what we've had. The resort we went to in Pennsylvania was a little outdated and could have some renovations and better upkeep, and the one we went to in Myrtle beach recently was a big resort. It was okay, but it was the off season so it wasn't too bad. But the resort in Tennessee before, The White Oak, was really nice. It was newer and we really liked that one, and as far as experience, it's been okay.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

We've had three parties just from bragging about Global Vacation Network and we probably made them 18,000 here in this rec room. Everyone we had here for about each time bought double. Everything's been great. We've been to Aruba three times and we had to get it a year ahead. Then my son had used it to go to Cabo. We've had no problems with the people and the places that we stayed. They're not the high rises or big hotels, but they're nice places. They're even better because they're not congested and they're paying a lot more than we are to stay in these timeshares.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

It was easy signing up with GVN. We've always had good luck with units and not having problem booking them. Everything's worked fine for us.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for reviewing Global Vacation Network. We appreciate your feedback!

The GVN Team

Original review: Dec. 7, 2015

They were very accommodating whenever we've requested vacation condos and the places that we've stayed had been very good. Every person that I've had contact with Global has been nice, polite and very capable. Our experience with them has been very positive.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Global Vacation Network. We look forward to providing many more years of capable service and wonderful vacations for you and your family.

The GVN Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

We are very happy with our experience with Global Vacation Network. At first, we were reluctant to go to the presentation and had discussed that we were not going to buy anything. We only wanted the free trip so we did not pay attention but then we became interested and listened more. They were thorough, informative and answered all our questions. We didn't like the original price because it was too high but we negotiated with the manager to bring it down and that's when we signed up to become a member. We use it every year to go to the beach, Florida and Disney World and every experience that we've had was pleasant. The locations and condos have been wonderful and above our expectations. The trip was topnotch quality and we enjoyed it. Their call center people have been very helpful and wonderful in accommodating the dates and locations that we want.

Hi Sara,
Thank you for your review and for traveling with Global Vacation Network! We look forward to sending you on a lifetime of wonderful vacations.

The Global Team

Original review: Nov. 20, 2015

Global Vacation Network have always been pleasant. Our trip in Gatlinburg was a little bit dumpy but otherwise, the rest had been good.

Hi Nuri,

Thank you for your review. We have a variety of resorts and guarantee our members' satisfaction whenever they use one of their planned weeks. If you ever need something while you're on vacation with us please feel free to contact the resort's front desk or the the special number on your reservation to reach us directly.
Sincerly,

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Nov. 15, 2015

We've attended one of Global Vacation Network's presentations and it was pleasant - not too long and not too boring. Then we've signed up in person for a membership with them. We've taken a couple of vacations through them. As far as the vacations, a hell of vacation is always nice to get away. One of the things that we've had problems with is booking the right time of the year to get to places that we want. It seems like we always had to settle for the second or third choice. They never had our first choice or it was already booked. One of the places we've stayed at in Florida was less than what our experiences had been, it was still all right, but it wasn't what we were expecting, but other than that, for the most part, everything has been fine.

We went to South Carolina and we went first to their office down there to check in and get our key. We eventually got to the condo that we were staying in. There were some minor problems and we stop back, head to the office instead of calling them or whatever and talked to them. They were very pleasant, approachable and did what they could to try to take care of the problem in a timely manner. We're happy with them. It was a very pleasant experience and overall, the cheapest way to go.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your review and for traveling with GVN! It sounds like you're starting to get a feel for using your membership. We want to remind you that the more advanced notice you can give with a request, the more options will be available. Holidays and peak times are the busiest but you can put requests in as far as a year in advance to have the very best options. We're looking forward to making all your vacation dreams come true.

The GVN Team

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

I had had a contract with Paradise and they told me I had a certain amount to use it. When I went to schedule it, they had cut it off before the time. Global called and said that they had to pick up for this company, and then I paid a bit more money hoping to use it all up and get my cruise - eight days, seven nights. Global thought that my program is only for a few years, but my program is for life which lasts forever. So I told the one person, “If this is the way it’s going to be, then I lost more money, and stop calling me.” Then they realized what they’ve done after they looked at it and they don’t call anymore.

I would’ve had a good experience if people would quit calling me to use my plan because my husband is still sick and I can’t use it. People who aren’t from Global Vacation, steals from Global, calls and harasses me. That’s why I’m getting ruder when I answer the phone and someone says how I’m going to owe thousands of dollars. But if the people calling are from Global, I'd talk to them. We have not been on a vacation yet, but when my husband gets better, I will come down, fulfill the first part of it, then take the cruise and we will be done.

Hi Eileen,

Thank you for your review. We're here for you whenever you can travel and trust that your husband will make a speedy recovery.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

The experience I had with Global Vacation Network was great. We haven't used it in a couple of years, but we went to Hawaii on our first trip and it was wonderful. We attended a presentation a year ago. It was very nice, and signing up to become a member was fine. I was really pleased because I couldn't have taken that kind of vacation without them. I have told people about Global, and my great experience with them.

Hi Bernice,

Thank you for your review. We love to hear that you were able to go to Hawaii because of your membership. Hawaii is one of our member's favorite locations and we look forward to providing many vacations for you there and at a variety of fabulous locations around the world!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

We had a wonderful vacation, there is no doubt about it, and we couldn't have done with it without Global. We haven't used it in a couple of years, but we went to Hawaii on our first trip and it was wonderful. We are both retired and it is pretty tough out there. Put it this way: Living within our means has been a challenge. So putting any more into a vacation program is really not where we can be right now. We're glad we were able to sign up for this. I would definitely recommend them, and I have. But like I travel in the same circle as my age group and we're all out here trying to figure out how we're going to make things stretch. But I have told people about Global and that I couldn't have taken that kind of vacation without Global, and so I was really pleased.

Hi Bernice,

We're SO happy to hear that we're helping you enjoy your retirement and travel. You worked hard for your retirement and we work hard for you to provide the best possible vacations at the lowest possible cost.

GVN

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

Everything is great with Global. We had a great time in Sedona. The room was nice. Everything, including the scenery, was great. We were very pleased with our accommodations. The only negative thing is sometimes its hard to get places when you want them. Now we are going to be going back to Phoenix, Scottsdale area in March. We have placed it for two weeks and we had to fight to get that like a year in advance. We hope to do the same thing again for next year but it took us a long time to be able to get those two weeks.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your review and for vacationing with GVN! It does take a little more advanced notice to get 2 consecutive weeks in the same resort but nothing beats a 14 day vacation. Have fun in March!

The GVN Team

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

Global Vacation Network has been very good for me. I had a very good experience to all places I’ve been to. The only one that was probably less than 100% was the one in Fort Lauderdale because the property was being renovated and it made it a little difficult to get around. And I have to say Hawaii was my favorite vacation. It was wonderful because we had a chance to explore a lot of other places. I’ll be leaving in two weeks for a vacation in the Cayman Islands using one of my weeks.

As I remember, joining GVN is easy. Their folks are available to explain things if I have questions about the way my benefits and stars and weeks work. I’ve been very satisfied. I hope that the yearly membership dues does not continue to go up. It’s like the rate that it has been but I don’t have any control over that so I am a little bit concerned.

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for your review and for traveling with GVN. We know that you'll continue to be happy and pleased with both your membership and the vacations it provides. You can also rest easy about the yearly dues. They don't have to be paid if you are not using your membership and we've limited how much they could increase so they will always be affordable and you can keep vacationing!

Thanks again,

The GVN Team

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

We've been with Global Vacation Network for years. Their program is nice and we're beginning to use more of it. We've been to a number of vacations and we've always enjoyed it. Facilities have always been good. We've never had any complaints about any of the places except for our most recent trip in Nashville at the Wyndham. The room's TV had a problem and the ice maker didn't work but those are minor issues. Then we wanted to go to Tennessee but their website doesn't have everything they have. So we called and the girl said she would look in to see what she could set up for us. She did and I felt like she went above and beyond. Global Vacation is worth your dollar.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. S.

Thank you for your review and for traveling with GVN! We're so glad when we hear of members like yourselves who have enjoyed traveling with GVN for years, especially when you find yourselves vacationing more and more as time goes on. Thank you for your feedback on the Wyndham, it helps us make your future vacations with us even better.

The GVN Team

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

The experience we had with Global Vacation Network in April of 2014 was good.

Hi Binkley,

Thank you for your review. We look forward to sending you on your next vacation with your membership.

The Global Team

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

We always have good vacations with Global because their price is right. We did an update last year and we've done 19 weeks now since we owned up, so we use our vacations a lot. And they've been very good every time we've contacted them. I'd highly recommend them.

Hi Ione,

Thank you for your review and for traveling so much! We're huge advocates of all the virtues of leisure travel and we're cheering you on to another 19 weeks of vacation and more.

GVN

Global Vacation Network expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Global Vacation Network is a membership association that provides condominium packages and advice for saving on other travel-related details, such as airfare.

• Wholesale merchandise: In addition to travel and lodging, Global Vacation Network memberships provide access to thousands of wholesale brand-name products.

• Additional discounts: Membership provides additional discounts if extending a vacation longer than a week or if traveling with friends.

• Popular resort areas: Global Vacation Network provides vacation condominiums in some of the world's most popular resort areas.

• Financing is available: Financing is available to help clients pay for vacations.

• Cruises are available: In addition to condos and the discount service provided, Global Vacation Network offers the option for members to take cruises at discounted rates.

• Best for: Global Vacation Network is best for frequent travelers, such as families or couples, looking for travel opportunities in exotic locations without sacrificing the comforts of home.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs