Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.07/5

Orlando, FL

Global Vacation Network is celebrating 16 years of sales and service. GVN is the largest independent distributor for Global Connections, Inc®. What began as a buying service in 1971 has transformed into a world premier travel club. Today, GCI boasts a property portfolio with prime inventory in destinations around the world, plus develops and owns resorts in some of the most popular resort areas in U.S. Today, Global Connections, Inc® is one of the most respected travel club developers and travel fulfillment providers in the vacation industry. There have been over 250,000 participants who have attended a travel seminar at Global Vacation Network.

GVN is excited to announce that it is working diligently to provide internal marketing and incentive capabilities. Our intention is to foster the best relationships with our clients by eliminating all third party affiliations and with the vendors who are currently shipping the promotional items to each and every client. Global Vacation Network is committed to providing the best possible customer service before during and after the presentation of our products and services. While we realize that everyone is working diligently, we strive to upgrade and streamline our internal marketing and promotional efforts for the best possible results.

View More View More

Global Vacation Network Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Updated on 10/21/2019: So I posted before my long lasting poor relationship with this company that cares for nobody. They will respond to initial post just to put in a resolution in progress status then move on to their next scam. "Hi Trevor, We would like to review your account to see how we could help improve your satisfaction with the vacation membership. Could you please reply privately to this message with your membership number? Thank you, Andrew **. Global Vacation Network." So replied and get nothing. Next stop Florida Attorney General's office.

Original Review: In July 2013 my wife and I attended one of their high pressure sales presentations. We put money down and set with a payment of $78 a month. After returning home and coming to our senses we decided to cancel. I placed a call to them and was informed that I needed a letter of cancellation. Ok that was done. So the proceeded to take money from our account to an end that I had to close that account. Now to this day with disputes filed with all the credit bureaus I still have a negative mark on my credit for something that I’ve never used once. From the look of it most can’t even get the vacations they pay for. Stay far away!

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for letting us know about your concern and giving us the opportunity to address and resolve it. We are reviewing potential options and will contact you again later this week.

Andrew Lyon

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Yet another year of no vacation over spring break. Put in a request 12 month in advance and couldn’t get anything in Florida other than small one bedrooms not by the beach. I have people in my family. They promise big and deliver little if none. Yes they are cheap if you can find a place. The places are 2 star at best, not the 4 they promise.

Hi Scott,

We are concerned that you are not getting options to use with your vacation membership and would like to review your account to see what is happening. Could you please reply privately to this message with your membership number? We look forward to helping you.

Andrew Lyon

Global Vacation Network

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

We would like to hear from someone who has purchased this service in the last couple of years. Seems that everything I have seen is old- no recent entries. We hope we haven't been scammed. It does sound too good to be true.

Hi Cheryl,

Congratulations on your new vacation membership! We have many more recent reviews on the member's only website. There they are sorted by reviews of our members on the resort properties. To see them just scroll all the way down after clicking on any of the thousands of resort availabilities in the "Star Credit Condos" section of your vacation membership's website. The best proof is in taking a great vacation for yourself so go ahead and confirm one on the site that looks good to you!

Original review: June 28, 2019

There are very few condos available if you live in Utah. Yeah, there are plenty in Aruba or other states but we have been very disappointed with our options. Also, we should have read our contract more thoroughly as you get charged a $395 fee every year if you want to use their stars. That, plus the $189 (more in some condos) fee for reserving a condo cost about as much as just getting a place without this several thousand dollar contract with these people and you can actually choose where you want to vacation. There is nothing by Disneyland or anywhere someone in Utah would actually want to go. We ended up going to Reno because that was the only option for us and it sucked. In our opinion, this is a waste of money.

Hi Preston,

In and around Utah we are currently offering vacation weeks in Park City, Eden, Snowbird, Brian Head, Garden City, Jackson Hole, Breckenridge, and Las Vegas. Our members regularly save over half the cost of a condominium week in these locations. If you would like us to have an agent call you to help you find a resort you would enjoy vacationing in, please reply privately to this message with your membership number and a good phone number to reach you.

The Global Team

Original review: June 23, 2019

We purchased our membership on 6/21. After getting access to the website I researched condo's available and found there were none. Tried to call our sales rep and have not gotten a callback. This is not what was offered in the presentation. Most reviews I have read are bad and experiencing the same problems. We will cancel while we are in the window to do so. Something tells me it will not be that simple!!

Hi Dave,

Thank you for checking out our program. There are thousands and thousands of resort condominium weeks that are listed and available for instant confirmation when you log onto our member's only website. Please talk to an agent at the 800 # to make sure that you have the right information, or feel free to reply privately to this message with your account number and an agent will call you promptly.

The Global Vacation Network

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?

Original review: June 14, 2019

We have been members for two years and we have six stars. I have loved the program. We have gone to Hawaii twice, Pagosa Springs, Granby twice and Steamboat Springs. Some of the places have been amazing and others have not been fancy, but met our needs. I tell everyone how happy I am with our experience. I love the Expressway option. This has given us some fun last-minute getaways. We have two kids, so it is really nice to have a larger unit and have our own room. The only complaint I have is that there are not always properties available in locations I want, but if you book out far enough and have the stars to do it, then it works out well. For example, I have been looking for an Expressway to come up in Colorado for several months and there is nothing, but that is just me trying to score a deal. :-)

Hi Angela,

Thank you for vacationing with Global Vacation Network and thank you for your review. Advanced notice and flexibility are excellent strategies to get the most from your Vacation Membership. Every time you shoot for a deal, we're cheering for you!

The Global Team

Original review: May 27, 2019

Before I begin.... Please understand I do not usually ever write a review about anything. First off I joined Global in 2016. My Wife and I originally purchased 4 stars after seeing the presentation. Our friends invited us to this presentation. I am extremely skeptical in general... so I put the presenter to task. It sounded too good to be true. So I talked it over with my wife, and decided to go with it. We went on our trip to Vegas. Jane and myself were put up at the Wyndham Grand Desert Resort, 2 blocks from the strip. We increased our stars to six and now have 14 stars in 2019.

Your first year you probably not going to make your investment back, but your second year and after that.... you’re way ahead. Try to uses your stars when when they have Express As for Weeks. Usually you only use one star, even for 2 or 3 bedrooms. We have gone to Tennessee, Virginia, DC, SC, NC, Orlando. You should learn to sort & sift thru the website frequently. Also check on Google about the resort. Cruises, Hotels, and car rentals are only for convenience thru Global Discovery Vacations. Hope I was able to shed some light on my personals experiences.

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience and recommendations for using Global Vacation Network. We're looking forward to helping you with many more wonderful vacations!

The Global Vacation Network

Original review: May 1, 2019

Purchased a package in February. We were told we couldn't book our vacation until 60 days before. I called today and was told the whole east coast is booked. I should have booked it 230 days before, that's not what their representative told us. Now we all took the same week off for vacation and have nowhere to go. I spent hours on the phone with them today. The first representative was so rude. Spoke to someone named zAndree the 2nd time got nowhere. Called the corporate office spoke to Dannie was told I wasn't following the guidelines. She finally told me she would look into it and call me Friday. I'm sure if she calls me she's going to say, "We can't help you." I'm furious, this package wasn't cheap.

Hi Linda,

Our members have different types of vacation weeks that they can use with the Vacation Membership. If they book a Vacation Week with advanced notice (more than 120 days) they usually have more choices and the Vacation Week uses more of their star credits. If they book an Expressway Week that is available with less than 60 days notice, there may be fewer choices but it uses fewer star credits. Members are not limited to using just one or the other.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I sent Global Vacation an email a week ago, as well as a year ago, asking the same question to which they have never responded. I provided my email address and phone number. You can "inherit" these to your kids but they don't tell you that only 2 of those kids can be named on the account. My parents died and left it to my sister, brother and I and of course I was left off the account. Now I can't book a cruise or anything without having one of them removed and myself added to the account which is a process. If you're going to give the option to inherit these to your kids, cover all the kids. I've never been responded to which feels like an even bigger slap in the face.

Hi Lisa,

You can have one of your siblings book something for you in your name rather than having to transfer ownership of the entire membership back and forth.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: March 30, 2019

I was told with a 2000$ upgrade I would have so much more for the Caribbean options I go every year. For the last seven months I have been checking every day trying to book something by the end of the year. This might be the first year we don’t go which is super disappointing after spending that much money being told I would have so many choices :(. There are less options than I had before the upgrade and it’s very disappointing. Also was told if we can’t find something that they would look into other timeshare companies and get us what we’re looking for. After calling and asking if we could do that I was told it’s almost damn near impossible to do. I went on RCI site and so many places to stay in Saint Maarten! I has never been so disappointed with Global Connections.

Hi Megan,

There are currently over a thousand vacation weeks available for instant confirmation in the Caribbean. Over all, there are many more choices with the new program. The membership has never had a set number of resorts in any area since our inventory of vacation resort weeks is constantly changing and the web site only shows resorts that have weeks available for instant confirmation. The agents can look for additional options for you and will let you know if options are likely.

GVN

Global Vacation Network expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Global Vacation Network is a membership association that provides condominium packages and advice for saving on other travel-related details, such as airfare.

• Wholesale merchandise: In addition to travel and lodging, Global Vacation Network memberships provide access to thousands of wholesale brand-name products.

• Additional discounts: Membership provides additional discounts if extending a vacation longer than a week or if traveling with friends.

• Popular resort areas: Global Vacation Network provides vacation condominiums in some of the world's most popular resort areas.

• Financing is available: Financing is available to help clients pay for vacations.

• Cruises are available: In addition to condos and the discount service provided, Global Vacation Network offers the option for members to take cruises at discounted rates.

• Best for: Global Vacation Network is best for frequent travelers, such as families or couples, looking for travel opportunities in exotic locations without sacrificing the comforts of home.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs