2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Orlando, FL

4.1/5 (359 ratings)

About Global Vacation Network

Global Vacation Network is celebrating 16 years of sales and service. GVN is the largest independent distributor for Global Connections, Inc®. What began as a buying service in 1971 has transformed into a world premier travel club. Today, GCI boasts a property portfolio with prime inventory in destinations around the world, plus develops and owns resorts in some of the most popular resort areas in U.S. Today, Global Connections, Inc® is one of the most respected travel club developers and travel fulfillment providers in the vacation industry. There have been over 250,000 participants who have attended a travel seminar at Global Vacation Network.

Global Vacation Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I have had a membership for 3 years, I have used it once. Every time I go to book something, Expedia or Priceline have been cheaper. So I am paying 3k for what? A fancy membership? No thanks, I have reached out to them to cancel, and I haven't heard a thing back from them. Having read the reviews now, I kick myself for not doing research first. They were good in their sales pitch, and kept lowering the price every time I wanted to be done. But, we signed up in the end. But again, every time I go to book, other places have been cheaper, by far. I have not seen any benefit to their membership. I want to cancel it.

Global Vacation Network response

Hi Brent, The value of the membership is in the condominium resorts that you can book for just a couple hundred dollars a week. After taking 2 or 3 of them, you'll have saved about as much as you paid for the membership.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I was called to say I had won 4 tickets to Disney with a free stay and flight for 4 people if I listened to a sales pitch. My husband and I sat for 90 minutes listening to this sales pitch. We decided not to buy in. I was told within 48 hours we would receive an email stating how we could collect the Disney vacation we were promised. No email ever came. Don’t think you're getting anything from this company. They will make you feel like you were chosen, but you’re not. This is a scam to get people to buy into their vacation ownership. Don’t do it.

Hi Jessica,

Global Vacation Network does not offer tickets to Disney as a promotion or through its membership. We're not sure who you worked with but it was not Global Vacation Network.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I started with a small program because I was skeptical on how it would work for me and my family but now I am fully sold. I was able to stay at a beautiful Ocean front condo at Fort Lauderdale. I am looking into upgrading my program for my next vacation by adding more stars. Thanks Global for a wonderful vacation.

Global Vacation Network response

Hi Bobbie, Thanks for the great review! We're glad that you're enjoying the membership and look forward to sending you on many more wonderful vacations!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Global Discovery Vacations is absolutely the most unprofessional company I’ve ever dealt with. Their customer service is horrific. I paid my annual renewal fee in January, 2020 but have been unable to travel this year due to Covid. When I was FINALLY able to talk to a customer service supervisor about compensation (refund, credit, extension, etc) for unusable travel credits, I was told they will do absolutely nothing. Every other business, for example - gyms, airlines, auto insurance, is compensating its customers for loss of use due to Covid.

Trying to speak with an agent or customer service representative is virtually impossible as it takes at least 45 minutes on hold before one is available. I was just on hold for 48 minutes, then as soon as I got through, the system (or agent) promptly disconnected my call. Avoid doing business with this company; with this horrible treatment of customers, they will not survive much longer.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I purchased this several years ago. Never used then I decide to try to use it. Went online. Everything there was in another country or hundreds miles away. I contacted them. Was call back by a lady. Said I need more stars. So I purchased more, I was told with express week you could travel almost anywhere with only week notice. Well none of this is true. Express weeks are at least a month out which I am ok with however there is never anything within thousands miles or most is out of the country. When I call I am told look on the internet, if it is not there then everything is booked. This is the biggest scam and the biggest lie that I have ever seen. I called yesterday and spoke with a lady. She said, "If you don't see anything on the web then we don't have it." I think I am going to talk with an attorney.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Do not buy this! We were told it is not a timeshare, it’s a membership. We were told we could get hotels for the same price Priceline gets them for, they will fix the money we fix the time. I set aside time for a family vacation and we couldn’t find anything. The price was cheaper than Priceline by maybe $20 and we paid $5,000 to save $20. Also it only saves you if you choose the most expensive room for a week. If you want to go for half a week you pay more. If you want a nice room you pay more. If you want to take a cruise you can’t. There is Coronavirus, but you have to go for long periods of time. We need vacations that are just a weekend not 2 weeks long. I tried to cancel, it’s a timeshare you’re stuck, they take your money and sell you a dream but deliver a nightmare.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

After speaking with my friend that has been using Global Vacations I decided to look into pricing and get more information. I had to wait two weeks for a sales presentation which took over two hours on the phone, just to get pricing information. The presentation went smooth and I was getting excited seeing all the benefits that would come with the package. At the end of the presentation I was given a price for a three star package and a six star package which I was most interested in. After given the base price, I was told I would get a great referral discount which would essentially cut my price in half. After hearing the final numbers I told the sales rep I would take the night and think about it with my wife, because 8k is a big decision when you have one income home. The sales rep then continued push at me and even offered a "trial package" including wo starts for 18 months which would cost me only $1200.

By now I was feeling highly pressured and upset. I told my sales rep I was a finance guy so I would like to go over my budget and make sure I could afford the monthly payments before I made a decision. She then took a slight jab at me stating that if I was a finance guy I should see how their program would save me "tons of money". I do agree that the program seems good if used, but I was unsure I could afford the monthly payments right now until my wife is working. I will probably be looking elsewhere for a vacation club at this point. I would like to point out that my sales rep was really friendly and the package looked good, I was just really upset about the high pressure sales pitch at the end.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your interest in the Vacation Membership and for listening to a presentation. We are glad that you liked the package and the representative.  We understand that finances and timing are crucial and sensitive issues that each person must assess for themselves and we appreciate your feedback. Your experience is important to us and we appreciate you letting us know about it so that we can appropriately work with our representatives.

Andrew Lyon

Global Vacation

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

We bought our membership quite a few years ago. The first few years Wessex it a couple of times a year and it was great. A guy called and wanted to come out and show us changes that were being made and since we were close to both being retired we bought 2 extra weeks a year. Since then we have never been able to get any availability. We are not in a position to book 13 months in advance but can usually do at least 6 months. Some occupations will not accommodate this. Then we were called to come to another sales pitch and get a week at a resort. Use within a year. Nothing available for this either. It gets worse and worse.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review your account. We currently have over 5000 vacation weeks that are available over the next 6 months for instant confirmation on-line. We regret that these locations in the United States do not appeal to you. We are continuing to add new locations every year and hope we can help you in the future.

Resolution response: Nov. 21, 2019

I have written about the wrong company. I worked with Global Discovery/Global Connections. I was unable to delete my rating. I apologize for any inconvenience. This company was so polite and professional in trying to handle what wasn't even their problem. My sincerest apologies.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I wish I could give them NO stars. We have over $3000 to pay these scam artists. The person we initially spoke to NEVER said we were opening a line of credit on each of our credit accounts. Both me and my husband's credit score went down because of an inquiry and a late payment. Had we known we'd be putting this on our credit we wouldn't have ever signed up for this. They wouldn't cancel our membership. We were told we had 3 days to cancel and we didn't. We were never told we couldn't cancel at anytime. This has been the WORST experience ever.

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for replying and allowing us to address and resolve your concerns. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I am a new owner to Global and purchased in September 2019 even after reading mixed reviews. I decided to book two rooms for a Disney trip with grandkids. Expecting the worst and hoping for the best, I quickly found availability of two 1-bedroom suites at a brand new resort a block from Disney on the website. Since I was booking two suites, I decided to call the reservations line instead of booking online. My call was immediately answered and directed to Nicole in Reservations. Nicole immediately picked up without any wait and booked my reservation without a hiccup. Nicole was very polite and helpful. In less than five minutes from the start of my call, Global booked and confirmed our two suites at the brand new resort and sent the email confirmation. The cost was only 1 Star credit per suite for the week and the nominal weekly charge. If this isn't excellent service I don't know what is! Excited to book more vacations with Global.

Hi John,

Thank you for your review. We are looking forward to sending you on many more vacations with your membership!

The Global Team

Global Vacation Network author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Global Vacation Network is a membership association that provides condominium packages and advice for saving on other travel-related details, such as airfare.

• Wholesale merchandise: In addition to travel and lodging, Global Vacation Network memberships provide access to thousands of wholesale brand-name products.

• Additional discounts: Membership provides additional discounts if extending a vacation longer than a week or if traveling with friends.

• Popular resort areas: Global Vacation Network provides vacation condominiums in some of the world's most popular resort areas.

• Financing is available: Financing is available to help clients pay for vacations.

• Cruises are available: In addition to condos and the discount service provided, Global Vacation Network offers the option for members to take cruises at discounted rates.

Global Vacation Network Company Information