Orlando, FL

4.1/5 (362 ratings)

About Global Vacation Network

Global Vacation Network is celebrating 16 years of sales and service. GVN is the largest independent distributor for Global Connections, Inc®. What began as a buying service in 1971 has transformed into a world premier travel club. Today, GCI boasts a property portfolio with prime inventory in destinations around the world, plus develops and owns resorts in some of the most popular resort areas in U.S. Today, Global Connections, Inc® is one of the most respected travel club developers and travel fulfillment providers in the vacation industry. There have been over 250,000 participants who have attended a travel seminar at Global Vacation Network.

Global Vacation Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?

Original review: March 17, 2022

My wife and I purchased the 4-star program for $9500 when we were traveling in Hawaii. While I do not think the Company is a scam, we have concluded this was not a good purchase decision for us, and probably not for most consumers. We wish we hadn't signed up for the service. We did not experience a high-pressure sales pitch, folks easily left without buying, though there was pricing pressure to sign-up on the day of the presentation. Below are the Pros and Cons from our experience.

PROs. *We have gotten some discounts on hotels when traveling. This was not a huge savings, but we have probably saved $300-400 since joining. Those savings at least cover the annual activity fee. *Some discounts on Viator are a minor benefit. *Condos, which is the real offer of the program, can be good as long as you book significantly in advance and you want to travel where they have facilities. In general, GDV / GVN did not have inventory where we wanted to go.

CONs. *Similar to other reviews, the service level is poor. Folks are polite, not rude, but you just can't get anyone. You can wait days before getting a response to a query, and sometimes no response at all. Calling can lead too long lead times as well, and their hours of operation are very limited. We had more luck with their chat service, which was generally okay. Lesson learned, when you pay the entire membership up front, there is no incentive for them to keep earning your business. Our mistake. *Reservations are terribly inflexible. They are paid upfront, cannot be refunded, and have to be booked at least 6 months in advance. In the modern world, it is challenging to be that planful just given individual and world uncertainties. There was no false advertising here; we were told the circumstances when we joined. But, after using the service, we just realized those restrictions just don't work for us. It might be okay for others.

*There is no discount for cruises, flights or car rentals. We found prices were the same as other search engines and sometimes slightly more expensive. Again, on the other token, the hotels did seem to have a general discount across the board and selection was similar to other search engines. You could expect to save 5-10% on hotels. *Quality of the condos is just "okay", definitely not luxury level. Don't get us wrong, the quality is acceptable, but not resort level -- probably 2/3 star hotel level, not 4/5 start level. Most units on par with Residence Inn or Courtyard type accommodations. Over the years, we have started to stay at nicer places, so even if there is inventory where we want to travel, we often decide to go with a hotel since we want a bit more luxury. Again, this may be okay for some folks, but then you have to question the high membership fee. Our fee was $9500, so probably not a good deal.

Bottom line, if you are okay to book your travel solely through the website, this can work for you. If you need some human touch, avoid. For us, the price was too high. If the lifetime membership fee had been $2k (vs. $9k) with an annual activity fee of $200, this would have felt a better purchase decision. As it is, we feel stupid about this expense. To be clear, we blame ourselves, not the Sales Rep who sold it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Horrible service and communication, absolutely the most unprofessional team of property managers I’ve ever met. There are SO many amazing ones in Southwest Florida—Paradise Exclusives sets the standard. I’m giving a BEWARE. Request for repairs ignored (leaking ceiling and no wifi), not billed properly and utterly harassed by Jessica, with not one courtesy after paying almost 30K. Will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and my attorney.

Hi SKG,

Global Vacation Network is not involved with property management. Please direct your review to the company that you interacted with.

Global Vacation Network

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

October 19, 2021. Hello. My wife and I are members of Global Discovery Vacations. Recently we went on a two week, back to back vacation from Global. In the middle of the first week, we got a call from a Mr Karl ** who is the supervisor of vacation rentals. He informed us that he was not able to fulfill our reservation for the second week and that we would be put in another resort. The resort that he suggested (with no options) was inferior to the one that our original reservations were in. He was unable to put us into an equivalent resort. He is supposedly the manager of Global’s resort reservations. His inability or unwillingness to put us in at least an equivalent resort is either a lack of training or impotence to act on behalf of Global to make a satisfying vacation experience available to ALL of Global’s members.

To me, it appears that a solid vacation club has a moral obligation to improve a member’s vacation experience if they are unable to fulfill their original promise. Please be advised that from the time that Mr Mendenhall’s call of cancellation came to us and up until now (it is the third day of our 2nd week holiday), we are very upset and unhappy. My Question is, Is it Global Connections that doesn’t care about its members or the people without proper training or interest in the club members that are allowed to preside in important positions, responsible??? In any event, customer satisfaction does not appear to be very high on the Global Connections list as they are the bottom line. Respectfully, from a very concerned Global member. Anthony **

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I have had a membership for 3 years, I have used it once. Every time I go to book something, Expedia or Priceline have been cheaper. So I am paying 3k for what? A fancy membership? No thanks, I have reached out to them to cancel, and I haven't heard a thing back from them. Having read the reviews now, I kick myself for not doing research first. They were good in their sales pitch, and kept lowering the price every time I wanted to be done. But, we signed up in the end. But again, every time I go to book, other places have been cheaper, by far. I have not seen any benefit to their membership. I want to cancel it.

Global Vacation Network response

Hi Brent, The value of the membership is in the condominium resorts that you can book for just a couple hundred dollars a week. After taking 2 or 3 of them, you'll have saved about as much as you paid for the membership.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I was called to say I had won 4 tickets to Disney with a free stay and flight for 4 people if I listened to a sales pitch. My husband and I sat for 90 minutes listening to this sales pitch. We decided not to buy in. I was told within 48 hours we would receive an email stating how we could collect the Disney vacation we were promised. No email ever came. Don’t think you're getting anything from this company. They will make you feel like you were chosen, but you’re not. This is a scam to get people to buy into their vacation ownership. Don’t do it.

Hi Jessica,

Global Vacation Network does not offer tickets to Disney as a promotion or through its membership. We're not sure who you worked with but it was not Global Vacation Network.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I started with a small program because I was skeptical on how it would work for me and my family but now I am fully sold. I was able to stay at a beautiful Ocean front condo at Fort Lauderdale. I am looking into upgrading my program for my next vacation by adding more stars. Thanks Global for a wonderful vacation.

Global Vacation Network response

Hi Bobbie, Thanks for the great review! We're glad that you're enjoying the membership and look forward to sending you on many more wonderful vacations!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Global Discovery Vacations is absolutely the most unprofessional company I’ve ever dealt with. Their customer service is horrific. I paid my annual renewal fee in January, 2020 but have been unable to travel this year due to Covid. When I was FINALLY able to talk to a customer service supervisor about compensation (refund, credit, extension, etc) for unusable travel credits, I was told they will do absolutely nothing. Every other business, for example - gyms, airlines, auto insurance, is compensating its customers for loss of use due to Covid.

Trying to speak with an agent or customer service representative is virtually impossible as it takes at least 45 minutes on hold before one is available. I was just on hold for 48 minutes, then as soon as I got through, the system (or agent) promptly disconnected my call. Avoid doing business with this company; with this horrible treatment of customers, they will not survive much longer.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I purchased this several years ago. Never used then I decide to try to use it. Went online. Everything there was in another country or hundreds miles away. I contacted them. Was call back by a lady. Said I need more stars. So I purchased more, I was told with express week you could travel almost anywhere with only week notice. Well none of this is true. Express weeks are at least a month out which I am ok with however there is never anything within thousands miles or most is out of the country. When I call I am told look on the internet, if it is not there then everything is booked. This is the biggest scam and the biggest lie that I have ever seen. I called yesterday and spoke with a lady. She said, "If you don't see anything on the web then we don't have it." I think I am going to talk with an attorney.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Do not buy this! We were told it is not a timeshare, it’s a membership. We were told we could get hotels for the same price Priceline gets them for, they will fix the money we fix the time. I set aside time for a family vacation and we couldn’t find anything. The price was cheaper than Priceline by maybe $20 and we paid $5,000 to save $20. Also it only saves you if you choose the most expensive room for a week. If you want to go for half a week you pay more. If you want a nice room you pay more. If you want to take a cruise you can’t. There is Coronavirus, but you have to go for long periods of time. We need vacations that are just a weekend not 2 weeks long. I tried to cancel, it’s a timeshare you’re stuck, they take your money and sell you a dream but deliver a nightmare.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

After speaking with my friend that has been using Global Vacations I decided to look into pricing and get more information. I had to wait two weeks for a sales presentation which took over two hours on the phone, just to get pricing information. The presentation went smooth and I was getting excited seeing all the benefits that would come with the package. At the end of the presentation I was given a price for a three star package and a six star package which I was most interested in. After given the base price, I was told I would get a great referral discount which would essentially cut my price in half. After hearing the final numbers I told the sales rep I would take the night and think about it with my wife, because 8k is a big decision when you have one income home. The sales rep then continued push at me and even offered a "trial package" including wo starts for 18 months which would cost me only $1200.

By now I was feeling highly pressured and upset. I told my sales rep I was a finance guy so I would like to go over my budget and make sure I could afford the monthly payments before I made a decision. She then took a slight jab at me stating that if I was a finance guy I should see how their program would save me "tons of money". I do agree that the program seems good if used, but I was unsure I could afford the monthly payments right now until my wife is working. I will probably be looking elsewhere for a vacation club at this point. I would like to point out that my sales rep was really friendly and the package looked good, I was just really upset about the high pressure sales pitch at the end.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your interest in the Vacation Membership and for listening to a presentation. We are glad that you liked the package and the representative.  We understand that finances and timing are crucial and sensitive issues that each person must assess for themselves and we appreciate your feedback. Your experience is important to us and we appreciate you letting us know about it so that we can appropriately work with our representatives.

Sincerely,
    Andrew Lyon

Global Vacation

Global Vacation Network author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Global Vacation Network is a membership association that provides condominium packages and advice for saving on other travel-related details, such as airfare.

• Wholesale merchandise: In addition to travel and lodging, Global Vacation Network memberships provide access to thousands of wholesale brand-name products.

• Additional discounts: Membership provides additional discounts if extending a vacation longer than a week or if traveling with friends.

• Popular resort areas: Global Vacation Network provides vacation condominiums in some of the world's most popular resort areas.

• Financing is available: Financing is available to help clients pay for vacations.

• Cruises are available: In addition to condos and the discount service provided, Global Vacation Network offers the option for members to take cruises at discounted rates.

Global Vacation Network Company Information