2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Orlando, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Global Vacation Network is celebrating 16 years of sales and service. GVN is the largest independent distributor for Global Connections, Inc®. What began as a buying service in 1971 has transformed into a world premier travel club. Today, GCI boasts a property portfolio with prime inventory in destinations around the world, plus develops and owns resorts in some of the most popular resort areas in U.S. Today, Global Connections, Inc® is one of the most respected travel club developers and travel fulfillment providers in the vacation industry. There have been over 250,000 participants who have attended a travel seminar at Global Vacation Network.

GVN is excited to announce that it is working diligently to provide internal marketing and incentive capabilities. Our intention is to foster the best relationships with our clients by eliminating all third party affiliations and with the vendors who are currently shipping the promotional items to each and every client. Global Vacation Network is committed to providing the best possible customer service before during and after the presentation of our products and services. While we realize that everyone is working diligently, we strive to upgrade and streamline our internal marketing and promotional efforts for the best possible results.

View More View More

Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Global Vacation Network Reviews

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I am a new owner to Global and purchased in September 2019 even after reading mixed reviews. I decided to book two rooms for a Disney trip with grandkids. Expecting the worst and hoping for the best, I quickly found availability of two 1-bedroom suites at a brand new resort a block from Disney on the website. Since I was booking two suites, I decided to call the reservations line instead of booking online. My call was immediately answered and directed to Nicole in Reservations. Nicole immediately picked up without any wait and booked my reservation without a hiccup. Nicole was very polite and helpful. In less than five minutes from the start of my call, Global booked and confirmed our two suites at the brand new resort and sent the email confirmation. The cost was only 1 Star credit per suite for the week and the nominal weekly charge. If this isn't excellent service I don't know what is! Excited to book more vacations with Global.

Hi John,

Thank you for your review. We are looking forward to sending you on many more vacations with your membership!

The Global Team

Original review: June 14, 2019

We have been members for two years and we have six stars. I have loved the program. We have gone to Hawaii twice, Pagosa Springs, Granby twice and Steamboat Springs. Some of the places have been amazing and others have not been fancy, but met our needs. I tell everyone how happy I am with our experience. I love the Expressway option. This has given us some fun last-minute getaways. We have two kids, so it is really nice to have a larger unit and have our own room. The only complaint I have is that there are not always properties available in locations I want, but if you book out far enough and have the stars to do it, then it works out well. For example, I have been looking for an Expressway to come up in Colorado for several months and there is nothing, but that is just me trying to score a deal. :-)

Hi Angela,

Thank you for vacationing with Global Vacation Network and thank you for your review. Advanced notice and flexibility are excellent strategies to get the most from your Vacation Membership. Every time you shoot for a deal, we're cheering for you!

The Global Team

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Before I begin.... Please understand I do not usually ever write a review about anything. First off I joined Global in 2016. My Wife and I originally purchased 4 stars after seeing the presentation. Our friends invited us to this presentation. I am extremely skeptical in general... so I put the presenter to task. It sounded too good to be true. So I talked it over with my wife, and decided to go with it. We went on our trip to Vegas. Jane and myself were put up at the Wyndham Grand Desert Resort, 2 blocks from the strip. We increased our stars to six and now have 14 stars in 2019.

Your first year you probably not going to make your investment back, but your second year and after that.... you’re way ahead. Try to uses your stars when when they have Express As for Weeks. Usually you only use one star, even for 2 or 3 bedrooms. We have gone to Tennessee, Virginia, DC, SC, NC, Orlando. You should learn to sort & sift thru the website frequently. Also check on Google about the resort. Cruises, Hotels, and car rentals are only for convenience thru Global Discovery Vacations. Hope I was able to shed some light on my personals experiences.

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience and recommendations for using Global Vacation Network. We're looking forward to helping you with many more wonderful vacations!

The Global Vacation Network

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

After speaking with my friend that has been using Global Vacations I decided to look into pricing and get more information. I had to wait two weeks for a sales presentation which took over two hours on the phone, just to get pricing information. The presentation went smooth and I was getting excited seeing all the benefits that would come with the package. At the end of the presentation I was given a price for a three star package and a six star package which I was most interested in. After given the base price, I was told I would get a great referral discount which would essentially cut my price in half. After hearing the final numbers I told the sales rep I would take the night and think about it with my wife, because 8k is a big decision when you have one income home. The sales rep then continued push at me and even offered a "trial package" including wo starts for 18 months which would cost me only $1200.

By now I was feeling highly pressured and upset. I told my sales rep I was a finance guy so I would like to go over my budget and make sure I could afford the monthly payments before I made a decision. She then took a slight jab at me stating that if I was a finance guy I should see how their program would save me "tons of money". I do agree that the program seems good if used, but I was unsure I could afford the monthly payments right now until my wife is working. I will probably be looking elsewhere for a vacation club at this point. I would like to point out that my sales rep was really friendly and the package looked good, I was just really upset about the high pressure sales pitch at the end.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

We bought our membership quite a few years ago. The first few years Wessex it a couple of times a year and it was great. A guy called and wanted to come out and show us changes that were being made and since we were close to both being retired we bought 2 extra weeks a year. Since then we have never been able to get any availability. We are not in a position to book 13 months in advance but can usually do at least 6 months. Some occupations will not accommodate this. Then we were called to come to another sales pitch and get a week at a resort. Use within a year. Nothing available for this either. It gets worse and worse.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review your account. We currently have over 5000 vacation weeks that are available over the next 6 months for instant confirmation on-line. We regret that these locations in the United States do not appeal to you. We are continuing to add new locations every year and hope we can help you in the future.

Global Vacation Network

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?

Resolution response: Nov. 21, 2019

I have written about the wrong company. I worked with Global Discovery/Global Connections. I was unable to delete my rating. I apologize for any inconvenience. This company was so polite and professional in trying to handle what wasn't even their problem. My sincerest apologies.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I wish I could give them NO stars. We have over $3000 to pay these scam artists. The person we initially spoke to NEVER said we were opening a line of credit on each of our credit accounts. Both me and my husband's credit score went down because of an inquiry and a late payment. Had we known we'd be putting this on our credit we wouldn't have ever signed up for this. They wouldn't cancel our membership. We were told we had 3 days to cancel and we didn't. We were never told we couldn't cancel at anytime. This has been the WORST experience ever.

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for replying and allowing us to address and resolve your concerns. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Resolution response: Dec. 3, 2019

I was able to resolve with the help of me Lyon. I appreciate the time that he spent to work this out.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Updated on 10/21/2019: So I posted before my long lasting poor relationship with this company that cares for nobody. They will respond to initial post just to put in a resolution in progress status then move on to their next scam. "Hi Trevor, We would like to review your account to see how we could help improve your satisfaction with the vacation membership. Could you please reply privately to this message with your membership number? Thank you, Andrew **. Global Vacation Network." So replied and get nothing. Next stop Florida Attorney General's office.

Original Review: In July 2013 my wife and I attended one of their high pressure sales presentations. We put money down and set with a payment of $78 a month. After returning home and coming to our senses we decided to cancel. I placed a call to them and was informed that I needed a letter of cancellation. Ok that was done. So the proceeded to take money from our account to an end that I had to close that account. Now to this day with disputes filed with all the credit bureaus I still have a negative mark on my credit for something that I’ve never used once. From the look of it most can’t even get the vacations they pay for. Stay far away!

Hi Trevor,

We're glad that we could work to together with you to resolve your concerns and improve your satisfaction! We do our best to respond to every member and every situation. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me personally.

Andrew Lyon

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

We would like to hear from someone who has purchased this service in the last couple of years. Seems that everything I have seen is old- no recent entries. We hope we haven't been scammed. It does sound too good to be true.

Hi Cheryl,

Congratulations on your new vacation membership! We have many more recent reviews on the member's only website. There they are sorted by reviews of our members on the resort properties. To see them just scroll all the way down after clicking on any of the thousands of resort availabilities in the "Star Credit Condos" section of your vacation membership's website. The best proof is in taking a great vacation for yourself so go ahead and confirm one on the site that looks good to you!

Original review: June 28, 2019

There are very few condos available if you live in Utah. Yeah, there are plenty in Aruba or other states but we have been very disappointed with our options. Also, we should have read our contract more thoroughly as you get charged a $395 fee every year if you want to use their stars. That, plus the $189 (more in some condos) fee for reserving a condo cost about as much as just getting a place without this several thousand dollar contract with these people and you can actually choose where you want to vacation. There is nothing by Disneyland or anywhere someone in Utah would actually want to go. We ended up going to Reno because that was the only option for us and it sucked. In our opinion, this is a waste of money.

Hi Preston,

In and around Utah we are currently offering vacation weeks in Park City, Eden, Snowbird, Brian Head, Garden City, Jackson Hole, Breckenridge, and Las Vegas. Our members regularly save over half the cost of a condominium week in these locations. If you would like us to have an agent call you to help you find a resort you would enjoy vacationing in, please reply privately to this message with your membership number and a good phone number to reach you.

The Global Team

Original review: June 23, 2019

We purchased our membership on 6/21. After getting access to the website I researched condo's available and found there were none. Tried to call our sales rep and have not gotten a callback. This is not what was offered in the presentation. Most reviews I have read are bad and experiencing the same problems. We will cancel while we are in the window to do so. Something tells me it will not be that simple!!

Hi Dave,

Thank you for checking out our program. There are thousands and thousands of resort condominium weeks that are listed and available for instant confirmation when you log onto our member's only website. Please talk to an agent at the 800 # to make sure that you have the right information, or feel free to reply privately to this message with your account number and an agent will call you promptly.

The Global Vacation Network

Not sure about Global Vacation Network?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Agencies for you.

Global Vacation Network expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Global Vacation Network is a membership association that provides condominium packages and advice for saving on other travel-related details, such as airfare.

• Wholesale merchandise: In addition to travel and lodging, Global Vacation Network memberships provide access to thousands of wholesale brand-name products.

• Additional discounts: Membership provides additional discounts if extending a vacation longer than a week or if traveling with friends.

• Popular resort areas: Global Vacation Network provides vacation condominiums in some of the world's most popular resort areas.

• Financing is available: Financing is available to help clients pay for vacations.

• Cruises are available: In addition to condos and the discount service provided, Global Vacation Network offers the option for members to take cruises at discounted rates.

• Best for: Global Vacation Network is best for frequent travelers, such as families or couples, looking for travel opportunities in exotic locations without sacrificing the comforts of home.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team