Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.07/5

Orlando, FL

Global Vacation Network is celebrating 16 years of sales and service. GVN is the largest independent distributor for Global Connections, Inc®. What began as a buying service in 1971 has transformed into a world premier travel club. Today, GCI boasts a property portfolio with prime inventory in destinations around the world, plus develops and owns resorts in some of the most popular resort areas in U.S. Today, Global Connections, Inc® is one of the most respected travel club developers and travel fulfillment providers in the vacation industry. There have been over 250,000 participants who have attended a travel seminar at Global Vacation Network.

GVN is excited to announce that it is working diligently to provide internal marketing and incentive capabilities. Our intention is to foster the best relationships with our clients by eliminating all third party affiliations and with the vendors who are currently shipping the promotional items to each and every client. Global Vacation Network is committed to providing the best possible customer service before during and after the presentation of our products and services. While we realize that everyone is working diligently, we strive to upgrade and streamline our internal marketing and promotional efforts for the best possible results.

View More View More

Global Vacation Network Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2015

We’ve used Global Vacation Network three times and we’re satisfied. When booking online, the vacation weeks are not available but when I call, miraculously, something is available. The places we've stayed in have been clean and well-equipped as advertised although there was one time last year when we went to Destin, Florida and the place we've stayed had bed bugs. We got it sprayed and cleaned and we didn't even have to move, which was good. Somebody who we talked to during that time said, "Oh, we'll be offering you some more stars" as a way to compensate but I haven't heard anything about it and it's been ten months. But the experience, for the most part, has been extremely good for us.

Original review: April 15, 2015

We have been working with GVN travel agents, and we loved them. They've been very helpful, friendly, timely with what they can do for us. They've been wonderful. The quality of our trips has been great. We just came back from a week in Florida. We've been to Arizona and Florida mostly. We've enjoyed the resorts that we've stayed in. They’re very nice and the units are clean, they're decorated. They have all the amenities. I love the washer and dryer in the unit and that’s really a plus. The views, if you're in Florida, you're usually on or near the water, one side or the other side of the state. In Arizona, we've stayed in Sedona and that was just absolutely fabulous: the views and the hiking. And the unit was absolutely beautiful. We were in Virginia as well and that was a lot of fun.

This last one that we were at in Treasure Island, Florida, they are individually owned condos and there’s a service that manages them. And I spoke with the housekeeper, it was just a few housekeeping issues that I think needed attention. The unit itself was fine, the bedrooms, bathrooms were clean. The kitchen needed a little work as far as like the coffee pot wasn't clean. The grounds were still in it, there was a dirty pan in the oven. The oven was clean, other than the dirty pan being there. So it wasn't horrible. We enjoyed the unit as far as the area and the place was fun.

Original review: April 13, 2015

I first heard about Global Vacation Network through one of the parties of a member who had invited me. I signed up to become a member because it was explained fairly well and it was a good deal, and it was not threatening or whatever. Up until this last vacation we went on in January, all the experiences we had were very good. The facilities that we stayed in were all very nice. We have one planned vacation for next month through them. I hosted a party and I was able to get a free vacation from that, a one week condo stay and going to Gatlinburg.

Also, my experience in getting signed up for a vacation and making a reservation through Global Vacation Network are not bad. They usually get back to me properly. I'll either email or call to let them know what I want to do and they're supposed to get back to me in two or three days, and they usually have. They have a travel agent as part of their services and I didn't think much of that part of the service. They were very helpful. We did recommend Global Vacation Network to friends and one of them did sign up. He's going to be experiencing his first vacation this year too.

Original review: April 10, 2015

We haven't used Global Vacation Network a lot but the experience that we have had has been positive. We came to their office, saw a film, talked to some people, decided to try it, and signed up. Everybody's been pleasant. We liked our trip at Hawaii a lot. We thought we were going to be a lot closer to Traverse City but we weren't even in Traverse City. We were in one of the outlying areas, so it was a little bit of a ride to go to Traverse every day but it was okay.

Overall, Global Vacation Network seems to be a pretty good outfit. I like it better than where you have to go to the same place every year. With them you get to switch up. We don't have anything planned with them right now because my wife's getting ready to retire but after that, we'll see what happens.

Original review: April 8, 2015

We heard about Global Vacation Network through a Grand Rapids branch office. We went in for a meeting with them to take a look at what they have. It was approximately fourteen years ago and it seemed to have went really well. We were very impressed with it. We've gone to Hawaii six times with them and were very impressed with the facilities. It's also been a couple of years going at the New Log Cabin, which we are just well beyond pleased with those facilities as well. If you have flexibility, GVN is a must for your resource of travelling.

Global Vacation Network response

Hi Dan, We're so glad to hear that you've enjoyed 14 years of travel with GVN!

Here's to many many more.

The Global Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?

Original review: April 5, 2015

Our trips with Global Vacation Network have been good except it seems like they've got less places that we wanted to go now. It's harder to get a place that we're interested in going so we haven't used them lately. It's not a bad experience overall, though, since we've been with them for a long time and we've actually upgraded three times. This last upgrade was my least happiest upgrade, but I did it anyway. This last time, I thought I was getting more than I was getting for the upgrade. I do have upcoming vacations planned, but not necessarily through them. But we're going to be looking at them to use them for a family vacation. Their people have all been very friendly and and professional, especially the ones that work in Kansas City. I guess that's where their headquarters is located. I've had an interesting experience with them.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 9, 2015

We received a teaser check ($1,800) from this company and the promise of free airfare for two to our port of departure for our free cruise. All we had to pay was somewhere between $80 and $300 PP for fees. We would be required to attend a 90 minute pitch for their vacation club. However, you and you spouse had to be no older than 72. So, being 74 I was disqualified. I guess they figure I wouldn't live long enough to justify the fee for buying into their club. What a bunch of discriminatory garbage. They said I would "qualify" for their senior offers - I politely told them to take a hike.

Original review: March 28, 2015

Heard about Global Vacation Network through some friends. We asked specifically if they had access to anything in Jackson Hole, and the guy got on his little laptop and he then he goes, "Oh yes, we have three or four Jackson Hole." Well it came to pass that they had nothing, and that was the one place that we wanted to go because it's close to our son. I complained but it didn't get me anywhere. It's hard to get what you want. The last two, I did a year in advance and didn't exactly get what I asked for. Wanted a two bedroom. I had to take a three bedroom and it took a year in advance. It's probably five months before they got me anything. They seem to be signing up more people than they can book. But since then, when I'm trying to book something everyone's been helpful and courteous. Also, the condos that we've gotten have been really good and nice - can't complain about that.

Original review: March 30, 2015

I have some good and not so good trips through Global Vacation Network. They're okay. The only thing is it's sometimes hard to get where you want to go but the people are great.

Global Vacation Network response

So glad Carl you feel the GVN people are great. Global Vacation Network is expanding their network to add more options.

Original review: April 1, 2015

So far so good! Looking forward to traveling and passing this on one day to my children and grandchildren.

Global Vacation Network response

What a great idea to give this to your children and grandchildren! To many happy vacations.

Original review: April 1, 2015

My overall experience with Global vacation network has been good. The highlight of my experience with them is the nice rooms. I’d recommend them!

Global Vacation Network response

GVN is glad to hear Linda that you have had an overall good experience with your Global Vacation Network membership.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: March 24, 2015

We've only used Global Vacation Network a few times when our kids were younger -- we just haven't had much time to use it and we're also not really good planners. They also don't have a lot of destinations in our area, so that's a downfall. We would have used it more if there was some closer to the Midwest area as the airfare can get expensive with four people travelling. But the ones we did use, they were beautiful. We went to Florida with it, and then my daughter used it in California. We had one where we used it for a summer trip up north - it was great and worth the money. Beautiful places, just above and beyond. They’re really nice and they're worth the money and the savings. Now that our kids are grown, we want to try and use it again.

Global Vacation Network response

Those sound like wonderful vacation destinations Dawn. Traveling sounds like a great plan now that you have more time.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: March 21, 2015

We've had Global Vacation Network for 12 years but haven't used it in a while. Anything we wanted, we've had real good help with from their representatives. In fact, we did just update and added more weeks.

Global Vacation Network response

So glad to hear you upgraded to more weeks, and been with GVN for 12 years. Thanks for your loyalty!

Global Vacation Network

Original review: March 19, 2015

Global Vacation Network gave informative presentations, and since signing up with them I think I've used it two or maybe three times, and all of them have been good. It's only recently that it has not been good; their sales department frustrated me personally. My wife died in 1994 and I signed up with them sometime 2002; they made me put someone else on the contract and so I put my daughter on there. My daughter is in the contract with me and I didn't realize my daughter had to be there for Global to talk to me. It really has been a hassle. I've wanted to go and find out more about how to use my plan, because I've been pretty inactive. I think they want to get me back on board and start collecting the annual dues but the way they're treating me, they're not making that possible for me want to come back.

Global Vacation Network response
Hi Paul, We're glad to hear that you've had some good vacations with us and we want to help you to take even more. Instead of attending a presentation with your daughter we suggest that you call and speak with an agent who could assist you in setting up vacations with your membership. You could call the main office at 1-800-879-7779 and ask for the New Members department and they can help reacquaint you with your membership.

The Global Team

Original review: March 13, 2015

I had a very good experience with Global Vacation Network. With them I would go pretty much where I wanna go. Sometimes, there aren't places where I've requested but everywhere I've been has been nice.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks Martin for leaving this review, and so glad you have had a very good experience with your Global Vacation Network membership.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: March 1, 2015

We have some places that we like to go back to that we've been very happy with. We've had a couple places that were not very nice. The one thing with Global is I think it's more of a low-cost vacation alternative, so you're not going to get five-star resorts. If you go in there knowing that and keeping your expectations at that level, you won't be disappointed. But if you're looking for something that's amazing, you're not gonna find that.

We just got back from a trip in Costa Rica two nights ago. That was a week-long trip. And we're going down to one of our favorite places that we go to with Global in Destin, Florida. That's in May. And then we're going to be doing a Mediterranean cruise in September. And we'll be going to Sedona in November. In all these, they've been very good generally. Usually the communication that we have with Global is once we submit online a request, we'll get a call back and that's when we talk to people and they've been very good and respond in a timely manner. Sometimes it'd be nicer to be able to talk to somebody who is more familiar with some of the areas though - kind of more like a travel agent, but I don't think that's the way Global's set up. But I'd like to be able to ask for recommendations in an area I'm not familiar with and I don't think they really have that capability. On the whole though it's a very good vacation for the value.

Global Vacation Network response

Wow Mary, what wonderful vacations! A week in Costa Rica, Destin Florida, and planning a Mediterranean cruise in September, followed by a trip to Sedona in November, what a way to get the most from your GVN membership. Thanks for the recommendfation that Global Vacation Network is a very good vacation option for the value. It is members like you Mary that make GVN a strong vacation membership network.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: March 6, 2015

I've gotten value out of every vacation I've been on with Global Vacation Network. I bought a Starwood Kennel and had eight weeks of vacation -- it couldn't have gone better than that. It was an excellent experience. I've spent thousands of dollars with them, and use it every month or two. I am happy with their services, and would recommend them at all times.

Global Vacation Network response

That is great Ron that you've gotten value out of every vacation you've been on with Global Vacation Network. Vacationing every month or two is fantastic! Thanks so much for being a GVN member Ron, and to many more vacations.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

We bought a membership in December 2013 and have been very please having traveled twice ourselves and gifted once to my parents. All three condos have exceeded our expectations and have been easy to book and use. We have loved every bit of our membership and would recommend it to anyone who travels often. The expressways always seem to get us somewhere great and in a large condo that accommodates friends and family. Great choice for vacation ownership.

Global Vacation Network response

Gvn is so glad to hear that you love every bit of your Global Vacation Network membership Emily, and would recommend it to anyone who travels often. Glad you think GVN is a great choice for vacation ownership.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: March 12, 2015

I attended a GVN presentation a few weeks ago where they described what was new and I was a little unhappy finding out that I'm limited in my choices without buying extra stuff or paying more money. But the vacations that they offer have always been fine and pleasant. I had no bad experiences with it.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks David for your review, and being a GVN member. Glad to hear you have had good vacations using your membership. Upgrading does offer more options for vacationing.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

We attended a presentation at a Global Network place and won a vacation to many different places to choose from. I am excited about it and can't wait. Now here is where the dilemma accrues. They offer a water park vacation in Sandusky OH. I don't need to be guaranteed a certain place but would like to have an idea of places they use. Because there are a lot of super nice places there but there are also a few I wouldn't want to drive by much less stay at. I have called every number emailed every place and person I can but everybody has the same answer. "Oh we don't know which hotels they use there." Somebody knows or knows somebody who does. There are a lot of good choices but would prefer to be able to take my 9 year old son with us but also don't want to waste this gift. If anyone has any info me I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Jeff,

The hotels that are booked are with your promotion are subject to change. In the past they have used a number of Holiday Inns and Comfort Suites, so that would be a good comparison but the hotel that is booked for you will depend on availability during the time of your requested dates.

The Global Team

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

We went to one of Global Vacation Network’s seminar a few years ago, and it was well presented enough to make us make a choice to join. We've used the express ways more often than anything else, and all of our experiences have been good and we've been happy with all of the places we've stayed at. Some of them have been a little bit better than others, but most of the accommodations have been what we expected. However, I was a little bit disappointed that they wanted to charge us $5,000 to join their new upgraded program, which would allow access to many more destinations. I think that this would be an option we would have for what we had already paid, so we chose not to do that and just keep the original, which doesn’t allow us access to all the various locations had we upgraded for another program, whatever the cost was.

Global Vacation Network response

Sounds great John that you have used the express ways more often than anything else, and all of your experiences have been good and you've been happy with all of the places you've stayed at. Thanks for being a member.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Feb. 20, 2015

We have used Global Vacation Network probably in the last two or three years. We went to California - it was me, my wife, and my kids - and what we had out there was very pleasant. The accommodations were excellent out there and everybody just had a wonderful time. It was the best.

Global Vacation Network response

So glad to hear that you and your family had such a nice trip to California using your Global Vacation Network membership. Thanks for leaving your review.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

Our membership began in 2013 and we have never been able to use the program. No matter how much advance notice we gave there was never anything available, and quite often nothing in the places we wanted to visit. It was a complete waste of money. We are paid in full and have never been able to use it. Take my advice. DO NOT JOIN THIS GROUP. You will be sorry.

Hi Bernice,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We have several thousand resort weeks available for you to use and only have a record of you making one request with your membership and that request was made with less than 120 days notice. We would love to assist you in booking a vacation with your membership. Please feel free to call 206-937-1337 for additional help with your membership.

Sincerely,

The Global Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2015

We’ve had some absolutely wonderful, beautiful, fantastic vacations with Global Vacation Network and have had a few that were not as good. The people at Global have been absolutely wonderful. Most of the time the places we've been to were decent places though we had one place that the bathroom door didn’t close completely, because it had just been repainted. When we talked to somebody, they said we should have complained right away and they would have moved us into another room, so that’s good to know for future vacations. Some of the places are better than we ever expected and are absolutely gorgeous.

Global Vacation Network response

Wow Alice, that is great that you have had wonderful, beautiful, fantastic vacations with Global Vacation Network. GVN really appreciates members like yourself, and are so glad you are part of the network.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

The Global Vacation Network presentation was nice. We signed up in person to become members. The people have all been very helpful and I've had very nice accommodations. My trips were all great.

Global Vacation Network response

So glad to hear Chris that your experience and trips with Global Vacation Network have all been good. Thanks for the review.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

I've been in Global Vacation Network for 20 years. 20 years ago they were marketing here and they invited people to come over to the office and learn about it. After the presentation I bought it and have gone on vacation every year since. My trips went fine. I wasn't thrilled with the last place, but it was okay.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks Lynn for being with GVN for 20 years, and so glad to hear you have been able to vacation every single year providing you with lasting memories and value.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

Went for the presentation because i was promised two free airline tickets and a three day getaway. When I went to redeem them I was told that it did not include the taxes and destination fees which would cost several hundred dollars. A real scam. Do not trust this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2015

Global Vacation Network has very good service, excellent really. I actually referred them to my daughter and she just went on a trip to Cayman.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks so much Cheryl for recommending GVN to your daughter. It is great she got to go to Cayman, that is a beautiful vacation destination.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

Their presentation was informative. It has been pretty good, though I didn’t use it last year. I used Global Vacation in Texas 2 or 3 years ago, and used it in Phoenix, Arizona a few years before that. My experience was great.

Global Vacation Network response

So glad to hear about your great vacations to Phoenix, Texas, and Arizona Rebecca. Thanks for being a GVN member.

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

My husband understood Global Vacation Network at the presentation and he said we could do it. We always feel that we’re satisfied for what we pay for. We traveled a lot with Global and one thing that I have complained about is sometimes it takes a while before you know if you actually have your request filled but they have gotten a bit better about that in the last few years. The people that I normally work with were friendly. We have been happy with our experience with Global. We learned how to use it and we’ve used it a lot. It’s a little bit of an overstatement to say, “Anytime, Anywhere” and once you learn, you know really what places are available and when and you’re more likely to get your request.

Global Vacation Network response

Thanks so much Susan for the great review!

Global Vacation Network Company Information