Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.07/5

Orlando, FL

Global Vacation Network is celebrating 16 years of sales and service. GVN is the largest independent distributor for Global Connections, Inc®. What began as a buying service in 1971 has transformed into a world premier travel club. Today, GCI boasts a property portfolio with prime inventory in destinations around the world, plus develops and owns resorts in some of the most popular resort areas in U.S. Today, Global Connections, Inc® is one of the most respected travel club developers and travel fulfillment providers in the vacation industry. There have been over 250,000 participants who have attended a travel seminar at Global Vacation Network.

GVN is excited to announce that it is working diligently to provide internal marketing and incentive capabilities. Our intention is to foster the best relationships with our clients by eliminating all third party affiliations and with the vendors who are currently shipping the promotional items to each and every client. Global Vacation Network is committed to providing the best possible customer service before during and after the presentation of our products and services. While we realize that everyone is working diligently, we strive to upgrade and streamline our internal marketing and promotional efforts for the best possible results.

View More View More

Global Vacation Network Reviews

Original review: March 23, 2019

We joined in February 2014. We have never used the program but not because we didn't like it but didn't take the time. I found out late they charged us the membership fee on our anniversary date each year even though we didn't use it (that was the deal, don't use it don't get charged). I talked with a gentleman and he offered me 3 options to receive the $1600+interest overcharge. This was August of 2018.

I have emailed several times, called and left messages on his work phone posted on his email, called the Dublin Oh office I had just went to a meeting at, left a message for the salesman I meet with and still have not received a call or email. I am in the process of gathering emails phone records and contract to send to the Attorney General. They charged me again this February and I immediately used the "contact us" on the website and told them they needed to drop the $410 because I didn't use the service. No number to call so I have no proof I contacted them. My salesman said it happens and I should ask for all the options and have my account paid off!

Hi Garry,

As we were reviewing your account we found that you reached a representative who was able to resolve this with you prior to our review. We're glad to see that they were able to take care of your situation.

The Global Team

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I’ve been reading these reviews and can totally stand by what they are saying. We got sucked into a presentation by winning a raffle prize. 3 day vacation. We wound up in the high pressure sales presentation. We kept refusing to buy in. Finally they came back with a “sold back” package. 2 stars, 4 stars for expressways. $2000 buy in which I thought was pretty good compared to what others paid. Our first trip was a resort in San Diego. $189 for the week once we paid the yearly fee and used both stars. Vacation was fantastic!!! I checked what it would have cost had we booked directly with the resort. It would have exceeded 2K for 7 days. So we basically got our money back in the first trip.

Since then we’ve used it several times for Florida. No problems. But lately I’ve noticed the same issues with available places. Horrible choices and never available when requested. They tried calling us to “update” our package and I pretty much told them no way!!! I said I didn’t like the high pressure sales tactics they used the first time so no way am I coming in again. I’m pretty sure this is why I no longer can find anything I would book. Thanks for all of your posts. I knew they were fishing for more money when they started calling.

Hi Mary,

There may be more options and benefits with newer updates to the membership but we are maintaining all of the previous vacation memberships as well. Resort availabilities can fluctuate and so being flexible and providing advanced notice are still the best tools to use in order to get the most choices from your membership. We're glad that you've gotten more than your money's worth with your membership and we're looking forward to offering you many more wonderful vacations!

The GVN Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My husband and I have been Global Discovery Vacations members since 2014 and we're really happy with our purchase in the beginning. Over the years the amount of properties available for booking kept declining to a point where there are only 2 destinations in the summer on their website - Arizona desert and California desert. Last year, while vacationing, we were invited to attend a "meeting" which turned out to be a sales presentation where we were offered an upgrade for several thousand dollars which would have given us access to more properties, and would have increased our star credits.

Well, we are working people with a son in high school, and our three weeks per year are enough vacation for us. Besides, we were not prepared to make such decision within 45 minutes so we declined the offer. When I posted my complaint about the situation, Andrew from Global Network contacted me and advised me to call an agent when booking, and they would give me more choices. Well, that did work last year but please keep in mind we are not too picky - we got Arizona in August.

Last week I contacted an agent again to ask for availability for this Summer. The lady was very helpful but both properties that she found for us were two-bedroom ($193 for the second bedroom), and required an additional $295 "peak season" fee. In other words, each vacation week would have cost us $658 with 1 star credit. Add the $410 annual membership fee to that and you will end up with a sum that would probably be enough to cover a simple vacation arrangement without GVN's assistance. Unfortunately, I already paid our membership for this year so we are stuck and we will have to go to either Arizona or California just so we don't waste it. Luckily, we have the option not to pay if we don't travel with Global. I learned my lesson for next year!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The lady Cassidy was very nice however they are promising customers things that they are not giving. They really need to not try to sell a 7000 package in 1 hour. That is not enough time for me to make a decision. It's not the money. It's the trust. Where is my 25$ Amazon card and my vacation package to Vegas?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My wife and I bought membership and at first were very satisfied but every year the availability of places is not there and the locations of the ones that are available are either dumps or in the middle of nowhere. If things don't improve soon I will be contacting an attorney to get pro-rated portion of the initial price back. Advice is if it seems too good to be true it is. That certainly stands true for this company. I will say Nicole is very nice and does try to be helpful but her hands are tied.

Hi David,

Thank you for letting us know about your concerns and allowing us to assist you. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Andrew Lyon

Global Vacation Network

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I purchased this 10 years ago. It was great for years. Then I noticed the condominium availability had went to almost nonexistent. I would call and they would email me the same condos that were on the website, that was a joke. Then I get a phone call asking me to join a webinar scheduled to go over the upgrades and I agreed. She showed me the platform that I was using and then showed the upgrades and I was blown away. I got really excited and she told me they put millions into making this better. I was thinking to myself, "This is great," I paid them close to 5k ten years ago and they put that money to use along with all the other members. Then all of a sudden BAM... "In order to use this we need you to pay more money." She put me on hold and my blood started to boil.

When she came back I ask her, "So what you're saying is Global took my and all other members' money and used it to make this better for the new customers and we have to pay more or suffer with the old platform. Is the cable company running this company?" If I pay to improve my house the mortgage payment doesn't go up. I would guess that a lot of their members are on a fixed income and can't afford to pay more for something they already paid for. If there is a class action on these guys, please let me know. I am calling a class action lawyer to see what I can do. I'd like my money back. Why on earth wouldn't we be grandfathered in. My only choices for summer condos are Arizona or California in the summer for the most part so it's shake or bake are my only option. What a joke. They talked to me like I was a child setting up the appointment also.

This dude was saying stuff like, "Do you understand and you better be prepared for this call, don't waste our time." I am a 49 year old man that makes damn good money and I won't waste it on something that I have already paid for. She wanted 8k more from me. Hahaha. I buy vacations on CheapCaribbean.com all the time. Cheaper than I can get it on here, so why would I pay 8k more? But we all know they scammed some of my fellow members and they didn't get me twice. Shame on you Global Discovery. Shame on you.

Hi Bill,

I'm glad that I could help you even though you weren't specifically with Global Vacation Network.

Andrew

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My wife and I purchased a vacation package a few years ago and were very happy with it. Over the years the number of properties we had access to kept dwindling. We got a call to come see a presentation for the new packages that would give us access to more properties. We were talked into upgrading to a newer package and it cost us an extra $4,000.00. We are still unable to find a property where we would like to stay during the time we can go. Each time we attempt to book a condo we are told there is nothing available in the timeframes we were searching. To add insult to injury, the cost of the week stay on the new package costs more stars that on our old package. We would have been better off just staying on our old plan and that was never conveyed to us during the presentation. It was deceptive for them not to tell us this. Can't believe we fell for it. Do not fall for this scam!!!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for using Global Vacation Network. We have vacation weeks available over every week of the year and would like the opportunity to help you find vacation weeks that you're interested in. We had sent you a private message asking for your account number in order to assist you with this but have not received a reply from you. Please reply feel free to contact us at anytime.

Resolution response: Oct. 26, 2018

I signed up with this company. When I had a concern they addressed and resolved it.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

This started in the typical fashion of being offered a free tablet. I told my SO not to go. She got sucked in at the meeting and I was there with her. They kept us there longer than they told us the presentation would last. We were told that we would be getting a package with "three stars" but they wrote down and only gave us "two stars" then charged us the same price quoted for three. The salesman used high pressure sales tactics, wasted the first 1.5 hours of the presentation telling us that what they were selling isn't a timeshare nor anything related to it.

The same salesman committed fraud on our application. I work, my significant other hasn't worked in three years. They set the plan up under her name then made me the co-signer while lying about her income. We both very plainly told the man she makes nothing and doesn't work, he wrote down an income anyway just to get the application approved. Me and my significant other broke up half of a year ago, she had to declare bankruptcy and now I'm saddled with the bill. I'm sitting here weighing legal options like bankruptcy or the Attorney General. Do not sign anything, do not trust that you will get a solid product. The entire process felt like something out of Glengarry Glen Ross.

Hi S.

If you purchased with Global Vacation Network than you have a great vacation membership and we'd like to help you use it and resolve any concerns that you might have. We're glad that we could work with you to restore your satisfaction with the company. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

The Global Team

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I went to Global sell production. After reading reviews everything went on make sense. They said always available, no blackout days. Timeshares sales said same thing. Why these people I'm reading say they can't book nothing there. I seen where it says power by RCI. I am a member of RCI. I had more problem with them than anyone. They lie you like a rug lay on floor. I not only one people talks at vacation. A lot of people said same thing. All they want your money and leave them alone. They change phone #, promise you anything make a sale.

Hi Gary,

It sounds like you may have gone to a meeting about a different company. Global Vacation Network, or GVN, is not powered by RCI. We're upfront about how our program works and our members can reach us online or by phone. There are many travel companies with the words "Global" and "Vacation" in their name but we are the only "Global Vacation Network".

Global Vacation Network

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

We received a letter in the mail to renew for our membership. We paid off everything and haven't used our membership yet, except for our free trip. We were told we would not have to pay our $435 yearly fee if we didn't use it that year. They did this last time too and we had to call and make sure they didn't charge us. I've called twice and my husband called twice and no one has called back. Pretty sure this place is a scam. Also, our free trip wasn't that nice. It was dark and looked dirty. I doubt it's ever been updated. Don't purchase a membership through them. Waste of money and time!!

Hi Stacy,

Thank you for notifying us about your experience. The letter was sent to you as courtesy reminder. No fee is being charged to you. You are never obligated to renew your membership but are free to leave it inactive for as long a period as you like. In any year that you would like to use your vacation membership and star credits, simply pay that year's Activity Fee. We're looking forward to sending you on some great vacations.

Global Vacation Network Company Information