Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

4.07/5

Orlando, FL

Global Vacation Network is celebrating 16 years of sales and service. GVN is the largest independent distributor for Global Connections, Inc®. What began as a buying service in 1971 has transformed into a world premier travel club. Today, GCI boasts a property portfolio with prime inventory in destinations around the world, plus develops and owns resorts in some of the most popular resort areas in U.S. Today, Global Connections, Inc® is one of the most respected travel club developers and travel fulfillment providers in the vacation industry. There have been over 250,000 participants who have attended a travel seminar at Global Vacation Network.

GVN is excited to announce that it is working diligently to provide internal marketing and incentive capabilities. Our intention is to foster the best relationships with our clients by eliminating all third party affiliations and with the vendors who are currently shipping the promotional items to each and every client. Global Vacation Network is committed to providing the best possible customer service before during and after the presentation of our products and services. While we realize that everyone is working diligently, we strive to upgrade and streamline our internal marketing and promotional efforts for the best possible results.

View More View More

Global Vacation Network Reviews

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My husband and I purchased a vacation package a few years ago and were very excited with what the package had to offer. Fast forward to today and the only time we have been able to use our package was the free gift vacation we received at the presentation. This was not due to a lack of trying. Each time we have attempted to use the program, we are told there is nothing available in the locations we want to go. We have tried to book vacations in Florida, New Mexico and even Alabama. We looked into 3 separate cruises too. For each of these attempts we were told there was nothing available in the timeframes we were searching.

I would really like to use this service one day, but it doesn't seem to fit our lives no matter what or where we try to go. Our most recent request was to visit Albuquerque New Mexico over Thanksgiving. The closest they could get us was Santa Fe. Over an hour away. Too far to drive for family visits. We haven't fully given up on this program, but we are close. I imagine they don't give refunds when the program just doesn't work, but I sure would like one. We paid a lot of money to get our one "free" trip.

Hi Donna,
Global Vacation Network is an independent distributor of the GDV vacation membership but we are not the distributor that you worked with. We are sorry to hear about the experience that you had with the distributor that you worked with but since we are not affiliated with them we are unable to address your concerns. We encourage you to reach out directly to the company with which you worked.

The Global Team

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My husband and I listened to their presentation and decided to sign up. We were paying our payments but when we went to use it there were no available cabins on the cruise ships we were wanting to book or the price was higher than what I could book it for online. Now we have this huge bill in collections for something we never used and paid them quite a bit of money already for nothing.

Global Vacation Network response

Hi Beth, In addition to the main value of your membership there are fixed discounted prices for select cabins on select cruise lines. Like any reservation system the cabins are booked on a first come first serve basis so advanced notice is key. If the discounted cabins that are only available through your membership have been sold out for a particular date or ship, than you can book a non discounted cabin or select a different date or ship.

The Global Team

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We purchased a Global Vacation timeshare 5 years ago. We have only used it 2 times because of lack of availability of vacations and locations. I feel like we were completely duped in the presentation. Lots of pictures were shown of several vacation spots but when we went to find them they were not available or completely dropped from their inventory. Locations of property is very limited. We found out 3 years later that in order to get more properties we would have to upgrade. That was after a 2 hour presentation in our home! UGH! Needless to say we did not upgrade.

Fast forward 2 years later we get another call that they want to talk to us regarding our membership again. We schedule a phone conference on a Friday night at 5 pm. Several times during the course of the 1.5 hour phone call I point blank asked the girl "can you get to the point, I feel like you are trying to sell me something." I told her I cannot be on the phone anymore. Well another 30 minutes later yep you guessed it. In order to have more availability it would cost us another 4000.00. I said no and then she discounted it to 2000.00. I did not purchase. I am so disappointed with this purchase. DO NOT BUY IT!!! DO NOT GET DUPED BY THESE 4 AND 5 STAR REVIEWS. They are probably friends or family.

Hi Laura,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We would like the opportunity to help you become one of our many satisfied customers. We have sent you a private message requesting your account info and haven't received a reply from you yet. We really look forward to hearing from you and helping you to go on vacations.

The Global Team

Original review: July 22, 2018

Don’t do it! My mother-in-law paid $250 to have her membership transferred to us so we could enjoy what she hadn’t used in 11 years due to health issues. We would have to pay another $5000.00 to even be able to “see” what and where we could go. All I want is my mom to get her $250.00 back. Have left 6 messages over past 3 weeks (BTW she paid this in April! It took this long to even get this far!) and of course, nobody can call me back. DO NOT BUY INTO THIS SCAM!

Hi Terri,

You would never have to upgrade the membership in order see vacation availabilities and travel with it. Your mother-in-law gave you a 'golden oldy' of a vacation membership that allows you to place a vacation request for a location and date with advanced notice, then, one of our booking agents would contact you with options of places that you could confirm.

The Global Team

Original review: July 18, 2018

I want my money back and cancel my contract ASAP! I "purchased" a membership to this organization, and because I was a Goldstar family member of the military, they "gave" me what they call a better deal. Four month later I lost my job, and wanted to cancel the membership but was told I could only reduce my payments; that was almost two years ago. I have moved to another state, and tried on numerous occasions to call, to cancel this contract, and receive no call back at all. Darn. Wasted $$$!

However every other month, I received an call with an invitation to come in because the company was "reorganizing"... I've call the 1-877-214-9699, ask to speak to Ruby, voicemail only--I left a message, and honestly, Not One Person return my call. I will have to agree this is a scam and I wish to God I had never heard of them. This is nothing but a huge scam. Stay away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Vacation Network?

Original review: June 2, 2018

I paid $3K 7/2013 for just 1 star/6 expressways, and what was supposed to be a great selection of condo and cruise vacations. But like many people who bought into this program, found myself very disappointed when it came to availability and selection. If you want peak season that is $295 more, if you need another room that is $193.00 more, and after using my star since I only have one, to use those other 5 expressways it is $209 more per trip. Every couple years they contact me to upsell the contract (that I have never been able to use due to limited selection and availability). Now they want me to buy in at least another $2500 for a new website?? (with a search engine) And the only ones who get access are those who accept the up sale. This seems like bait and switch. No proof that they have any more or less properties than before, seems like they penalize people for not dumping more money into failed investment.

Hi Cynthia,

The Global Team

Original review: May 17, 2018

We were promised that we could get a suite for 189 a week and that we could book a vacation anywhere and it would only cost $3,000.00. We paid 150.00 every month and I had payments scheduled to get back on track for not being able to pay it every month and we had already paid 2500 and should of only had to pay another 500. They charged us 2 fees and cancelled the account and sent it to collections saying we owe 4500. We also were going to buy tickets to go to Jamaica and they wanted to charge us 1200 per ticket and we got the tickets for 600 at Expedia. They said that if we had gotten the plane ticket with a hotel would of been cheaper and after looking it up I had seen that they were full of crap. Whatever you do do not use them or recommend them. It is a complete scam and I am going to be contacting a lawyer.

Original review: May 1, 2018

We signed up 2 years ago and have only once found a resort in a destination we want. When we went there, all amenities were extra charge so we ended up paying a lot more than we would have without Global for another hotel. We signed up through a 'special offer' but were not told that we would be charged an 18% finance fee every month! We are out of a lot of money and we're told by phone we cannot cancel this. The representatives who gave us their business cards are not reachable and their numbers are not in service. We would like to cancel our membership!

Hi V,

I'm glad that we could work together to resolve the concerns you had. Most of the amenities at resorts booked with your membership are available to our members free of charge. Although the original representatives who had given you their personal business cards may no longer be with the company, you can reach the main service center at the 800 # or, please feel free to contact me at the number or email address I've given to you.

Andrew

Resolution response: April 20, 2018

I received a call from Andrew (looks like he's helped quite a few GDV members) who gave me some helpful tips. I will follow his advice, and maybe in the near future I will be able to give a 5-start rating to Global Discovery Vacations. Thank you for your timely response and for willing to resolve this matter!

Original review: April 18, 2018

We have been Global Discovery Vacations members for three years now. We haven't had many opportunities to use their services but overall we were satisfied with the program. It really is a hit or miss but we are not picky so we tried to make the best out of our vacations. The company recently increased our membership fees but we thought there was an inflation rate to consider so we were OK with that.

While we were vacationing with Global last month, we were called and asked to go for a brief meeting to their nearby office since our membership needed to be updated. I specifically asked if that was going to be a sales presentation because we had friends with us. I was told that "no, it was not going to be anything like that", and we would each (our friends and our family) get a free one-week vacation for the trouble (which we did at the end). So we went, and sure enough that WAS a presentation, where the agent was trying to sell us an "upgrade" for $2600 in order to gain more star weeks, and more hotel choices.

First of all, we were quite upset that we had to drag our friends along and waste their time, and second - we were definitely not prepared to spend that kind of money on such a short notice, so we denied the offer. After we came back home, I started looking for a new destination for our last star week for the year, and to my surprise there was nothing to choose from! One bedroom condos were a real treasure to find, and for the month of August there were only TWO options, both in Arizona! They sure want us to upgrade!

When we first signed up with Global, we thought that we had made a great choice, giving us the opportunity, therefore the motivation, to travel and take time away from our busy lives. We were never told that at some point we would have to upgrade, for about the same price we paid only three years ago, to be able to enjoy our "life-time" investment. Right now I feel like we were tricked and would not recommend the company to any of my friends. Still wondering what to do with the one star week we have left.

Resolution response: May 22, 2018

Andrew of Global Vacation Network and myself have come to a mutual understanding and have worked to resolve my concerns. He was a true professional and always acted with the utmost in courteous and

respect in representing Global Vacation Network.

Original review: March 28, 2018

This company took advantage of me as a senior by being very high pressure and having inexperienced agents wait on us (one was in training). Also, telling us that it didn't matter where you traveled it was all $187.00 per week. We specifically asked about Hawaii and yes was the answer. When we tried to schedule, not only was nothing available, but the prices were triple what was promised. Also, we tried calling many times only to be put forever on hold and when leaving messages were never called back. Just recently when we tried to get out of the contract they were very rude saying we signed and had to hold up to our part. The problem was they never held up their part of the contract by being deceiving and lying. Stay away from Global Vacation Network!!!!

Hi Louis,

Thank you for letting us know about your concerns and for speaking with me on the phone. I'm glad that we could find a way to work together. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

Andrew