2. Travel

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.61/5

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a global car rental company with more than 8,000 locations. Customers can rent cars, SUVs, trucks, minivans, vans, exotic cars and moving trucks. Frequent renters can enroll in its Enterprise Plus program to get benefits like points earned for every rental, free rental days and members-only check-in.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Kansas City, MO downtown office has a new assistant manager that did not have business card yet. But, when I had my quote for a midsize car that Enterprise did not have available, they replace it with a Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 for the same cost. I extended the rental to a couple of weeks and move my daughter to her new home and enjoyed a soft ride on a marvelous American made vehicle. I grew up in Chevy's and had a thrill for driving one. The assistant manager even drove me back to the auto body shop to pick up my car and wish me well in all my endeavors. This experience with Enterprise got my lifetime attention. For all my vehicle rental needs only one ENTERPRISE.com.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Felix, thanks for the shout out! It's our goal to provide excellent customer service every time and are delighted to hear about the fantastic service you received from our office in Kansas City. We're glad you enjoyed the ride! See you next time! - Carol H.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I recently rented a vehicle from Enterprise. From picking up the car to dropping it off I had a wonderful experience with this company. I picked up my car in Washington and drove it down to California. With my luck, I got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere in the mountains in California. I called the roadside coverage folks and although there was an issue with my contract both them and the office I picked the car up from worked together (instead of me having to bounce back and forth playing phone tag) to fix the errors to that way I could get the roadside assistance. The roadside assistance crew was amazing and got there pretty quick considering I was about 45 min from the nearest city and they were nice.

After all the bad luck I had on my road trip I decided to turn in my car somewhere other than where I picked it up from which wasn't part of my contract, but both offices were super friendly and helped out and made me aware of all of my options so that way I wouldn't be unknowingly eating any unexpected costs. I fully expected to pay the days I said I was going to have the car because that is what I signed up for, but I ended up getting refunded the days I had remaining. To some of you, that might seem like a silly thing to be excited for, but I cannot count the number of times I had to eat a cost like that. Even though the driving part of my road trip was a bust (at no fault to Enterprise), Enterprise helped make sure I was taken care of.

While I'm sure that all of the Entertprise Rent A Car offices are stellar, I wanted to shout out to the offices in Puyallup WA and Redding CA as well as the RAP folks. Every person in those three offices were stellar, friendly, professional, basically all the positive words you can think of. While I don't see myself road-tripping anytime in the near future, if I have to do it again I will definitely be using Enterprise and I encourage others to do the same.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Allison, thanks for taking the time to share the story of your rental experience with us! It's great to hear you received such great service. We look forward to seeing you next time. –Carol H.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I had recently suffered a death in my family and had to rent a Ford F150 to go home. I had the truck for over 28 days and didn't realize that my discounts were not being applied during the period I was renting. Upon return I had to go to the desk to square things away. This is where I met Enterprise rental Team member extraordinaire "Jayla". I explained my concerns to Jayla and she immediately went to work on my behalf and with a Managers approval she reduced my bill and helped me to roll over into another Ford truck. Jayla spent several minutes working out my entire issue and presented A-1 customer service to me as well. She showed an equal concern as to my situation and my recent loss... Professionalism, Customer care and Compassion are just a few of the words that come to my mind as I reflect on this visit to her counter. Enterprise continues to be my First choice rental agency. I commend Jayla on her her work ethic. She has Enterprise Brand Appeal!!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Marshall, I am happy to pass your comments and compliments along to our upper management team in Atlanta. For your records my Incident ID is: 33760555. We look forward to seeing you again soon! - Carol H.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I wish I had gotten the name of the amazing young lady who was at the desk for my pick up and drop off. I'd give her 10 stars if that was an option. My entire experience was outstanding! I have been a regular Enterprise customer for years now, but I have never received service this amazing. The day before they called me to reconfirm. At the counter, they were friendly, helpful and organized. The car was immaculate, gas tank filled and ready to roll. The day after pickup, they called me to make sure everything was okay with the rental. The return was efficient and easy. I will make this location my regular from now on!!!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Anne, thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! We will pass along your comments to the team at our Orlando Driver's Mart location! We hope to see you soon! - Carol H.

Original review: July 12, 2019

We touched down at LAX July 2 of this year. It was no problem finding the shuttle to the rental agency. We got to the office and there was minimal waiting in line. I was told by a desk worker that my debit card was declined. I learned in the next few days that this is a very common ploy. There was a kiosk helper working and she helped me operate the rental process on the kiosk machine. My debit card, of course was good. I had to cancel my debit card during our rental period when I was notified of fraudulent activity on it. We got a new Centra to drive around on our vacation. I brought it back brimming full of gas, washed, no damages, and on time. I have a deposit refund coming but with the cancelled debit card it may be more complicated than usual. I hope to get this matter resolved soon. All in all our experience was good in spite of the card problem which was not any fault of Enterprise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: June 30, 2020

I picked my vehicle that I reserved today, but when payment come they rejected my Debit Card and Prepaid Credit Card. It should be a real CREDIT CARD, customer service said. But I read their forms of payment (Debit Card is accepted outside Airport locations). So, REVISED your FORMS of PAYMENT POLICIES (ENTERPRISE RENT A CAT)... it should be ZERO(o) star.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

D-R-E-N, we're happy to address this with you directly. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Usually we get excellent service and deals from Enterprise. Not so on last rental. AVOID the HERMOSA BEACH CA location.

1. They substituted our requested Ford Edge for a Chev Equinox and claimed it was the same class. Not So... Edge weight is 3,959 to 4,477 lbs, Equinox is 3,274 to 3,665 lbs. Edge wheelbase is 112.2″, Equinox is 107.3″. This is either deception (bait and switch) by Enterprise of lack on integrity by the agent (Stephanie).

2. The Los Angeles to Las Vegas drive was extremely uncomfortable.

3. It took us 45 minutes to get the car. Agent was confused and kept repeating requests. Took and returned my driver’s license 3 times. Agent needs customer service coaching.

4. Car was not clean and ready. Once we signed the rental agreement, we were informed we would have to wait for the car to be cleaned.

Like I said at the beginning, Enterprise is generally good but not this time. Avis next time.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Ted, we're happy to address this with you directly. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Rented a car to work out of Smyrna, GA for a few days. Was given a Kia Optima. Car felt like it had a shake to it when going under 55 but once on the interstate it drove fine. After a couple days in car, I had someone else drive it to see if they felt the shake. No, they did not so I stopped worrying. Then on Friday, my last day in Smyrna, GA, I went out to the car around 2pm to drive to the mailroom. To my surprise, it had a very flat tire on passenger front. I walk about a 1/2 mile back to my office, called Enterprise to send someone to replace the tire only to be told that there is no spare tire in the Kia Optima. I'm told they would send a wrecker to tow it out. I explain the car is fully loaded with computer stuff, a large cooler, 3 cases of bottled water and my personal stuff. I'm told that I can't ride with the tow truck driver due to Covid and a car cannot be towed to me.

Now, the brickyard is going to lock the gates in a couple of hours and I do not want to be stranded in Smyrna with my stuff on the side of the road and no vehicle. I was told if I could get a ride to the airport, they will give me another rental. I almost begged them to send someone out to see if they could air up and plug the tire. Nope, only option is to tow the vehicle. At this point, I am about to lose my mind. I have a 3 hour drive back to Augusta and really don't have anyone to assist me. My son is working and my daughter did not answer the phone. I do not want to inconvenience anyone else with my problems. Never have and never will. I was lucky to find a small compressor in my office, something that looks like was used to blow up beach balls. I try it anyways and the tire inflated. Thank God!

I drove to the closest auto shop and purchased an air compressor for $129.00 and filled tire again. I figured I might make it home at this point. Not so lucky, I had to stop on the interstate every 30 miles to put air in the tire while tractor trailers and cars were whizzing by me, rocking the car. Finally made it home much later than I expected, too exhausted to take anything out of the car but so very thankful that I MADE IT. Next morning, tire is totally flat. I unload the car, call Enterprise and let them deal with the damn car. Tow truck shows up about 2 hours after my initial call to Enterprise. At least I was at home and not on the road while waiting. Got to find something positive about this dreadful experience.

After tow truck driver departs with car, I drove my pickup to the local airport to close out my rental. The attendant was very nice and offered me a 10% discount on my next rental. I didn't want to make her feel as bad as I felt, but I almost laughed at the offer. Obviously, she has no idea what I went through to get back home, maybe she never was put in a situation like I was put in. I consider myself very independent and self efficient. I do not rely on others to assist me, I pay for what I have and always be prepared with my personal vehicles. I carry a spare in both my vehicles, compressor and battery booster in each vehicle plus tools. I don't want to rely on others and put them out to assist me. Enterprise put me in a BAD situation and it was the worst rental experience I ever had. I ever had.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Lila, we're happy to address this with you directly. To do so, please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can review this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I rented a Car. I originally rented for a few days but I had to keep renewing my lease. I didn't mind of course. After about 3 wks of renting the car and paying for the car. No late payments. Paid on time ECT. Then I get a phone call from Customer Service they said they were a Manager. Anyway she asks when I'm returning the car I tell her Probably that evening I had been trying to get someone to follow me to return the car so I would have a ride home. The lady responds by saying if I don't return the car immediately she was reporting the car stolen. STOLEN. Can you believe that. I have paid over $800 in rental fees for the car but she's going to report it stolen.

She went on to say it was hers and she wants it back. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I asked for someone above her. She said she was the Boss and if the car wasn't returned ASAP or I would be going to jail for auto theft. It was absolutely uncalled for and I informed her I would return the that evening and I would never rent from them ever again. She said she has plenty of Customers and don't me. I have rented cars for over 15yrs. I have never been talked to or treated so badly. And I have never been threatened. So needless to say I do not recommend renting from Enterprise at the Norfolk Airport. It was a very very bad experience. I still can't believe She threatened me. If I had ???? behind on payment I could understand requesting the car but not threats of theft charges. But again the car was paid for. I owed nothing. So Rent at your own risk.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Jannetta, I certainly understand your concern and please know that we are here to help our renters to the fullest of our abilities. We'd like to address this with you directly. Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact email address, telephone number, exact rental office, reservation or rental agreement number, and the full details so that we can address this directly. Thank you! – Carol H.

Original review: June 25, 2020

After everything was planned to have a nice trip everything goes nightmare because the rental car company Enterprise negligently and without explanation don't have a cars to support a reservation made with 10 days ahead, we got the agency with reservation on hand and the answer was, "Sorry we are sold out. We don't have cars on site and the reservations online never match the inventory in the agency" and close that door in my face without any help or advice to solve the situation. Then 2 hours on the phone "customer service" pass me by desk to desk. NOBODY can do anything. So we have to find another company, pay four times the price because obvious we don't have another reservation. It is very disappointing company like this big can have a solution for a customer.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

rodrigo, thank you for your feedback and honest review. We would like to discuss your experience with us in more detail. Please email us at care@enterprise.com with your contact information, reservation or rental agreement number, and any additional details. Thank you. -Carol H.

Enterprise Rent A Car author review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.

• Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.

• Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.

• Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.

• Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company Information