1.41/5
Based on 386 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2860 Enterprise Rent A Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

I broke down 20 minutes from a dealership. I called Enterprise. I explained my situation. The rep. didn't offer to pick me up and the phone wasn't answered for 2 hours. I will never use this company again. Curt and unprofessional managers.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Please don't use the Enterprise rental services in Reno Nevada outside of Airport. Terrible crew working. Parents going on a trip over 2,000 miles picked up car 2 days before leaving for trip, noticed air pressure was very low so concerned we drove to Enterprise to check the tire pressure, ZACK who worked there young fellow took the car and put in 52 pressure. Didn't check anything to see if hole in tire or anything. SO we waited overnight and noticed it dropped again down to 38. Called early in morning to explain do not feel comfortable driving over 2,000 miles with tires losing air so fast. They said, "No problem. Come in and we will exchange for another car."

Came in an hour later, had to wait forever in line. Finally got someone and waited forever. They never got another car for us. Had to find one when they could have worked on this after we called as we were on a schedule and already lost time due to the car issue. First car they brought us didn't have SIRIUS XM hooked up which we paid for so we waited another 20 min for the next car, had to wash it. Had to wait. The wash didn't even look like it was half not done. Didn't care about that, also we paid for a full tank the day before and got a car less than half.

I said, "Can you fill it up as we shouldn't have to PAY again for a full tank." They said it will take another 10 min. We said go ahead. The guys working there out of all supposed to be helping us didn't offer any discounts, nothing for our troubles just "Sorry about that". We should receive some type of discount as we paid quite a bit of money for traveling across country using Enterprise which we never experienced issues or the customer service like we got at the Reno Enterprise (NOT AIRPORT ONE).

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 16, 2018 Today at 12:00 p.m. I spoke with Nick at the Baraboo office requesting copies of my monthly statement from 2015-2-2017. He informed me I can contact the accounting office (262)544-8300 - he could only help with July, 2017 to current. I called the number he gave me - it instructed me to hit 0 for the operator,

I got her twice, and every time I called it kept ringing - all I got was a repeated recording to hit 0 with no answer. I have been a corporate member with Enterprise for 5+ years. I have never been treated so disrespectful and dismissive from a business, that advertise that they are customer friendly.

When asked if I could speak with a manager, they refused. When asked for the corporate number, they refused. I originally called at 12:00 p.m. and ended a call with someone from the corporate office (John) who answered my questions, and directed me to where I can file this complaint. He was polite, he didn't ask me like Luke, "Why do you need this information" - how rude! I am going to reconsider continuing to do business with Enterprise given the treatment and runaround I received. The two staff that I dealt with is an embarrassment to Enterprise to say the least.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I have been trying to rent a vehicle, one way, for the past two weekends and sadly, every location between Warner Robins, Macon all the way to Atlanta, GA., did not have one vehicle available in any class. I have used Enterprise for many years and there is NEVER anyone available to pick you up as well. Their main selling point for a very long time was "We're The Rental Car Company That Picks You Up"... COMPLETELY FRAUDULENT!!! I cannot speak for every Enterprise in the nation but I can HONESTLY say MIDDLE GEORGIA locations are the worst!!! There are multiple location in these area with multiple problems. My advice, be prepared to look elsewhere, because these areas will disappoint!!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I booked a minivan over a month in advance, I even called 3 days before pickup and was told all was fine. I was called at 8 am the day before pickup to tell me that there were no mini vans available. I was told that for some unknown reason no vans were being shipped to them from anywhere in Nebraska. I began calling Eric, the local manager, at 8:30 am. I continued to call until 5 pm. He was either on the phone, or not available but he would call me right back. He never called. I spoke to a woman in the Lincoln office and she was very dishonest. She even told me that she called all the other rental places in Lincoln and that no one has mini vans. I called Hertz, and two other private rental companies and they did have mini vans and said that no one from Enterprise called them. I confronted her and again, she lied. I have never been so disappointed in a company and I will let anyone around hear about it. They should not be in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: July 13, 2018

I booked a mini-van way in advance of our trip. Exactly 24 hours prior to pickup, Enterprise calls to state that "they" overbooked the mini-vans. They are misleading in their advertisements and do not care about their customers. Don't use them. They are totally unreliable. Offering me a smaller car and the nerve to offer me two cars for the price of one when I have children underage that cannot drive the second car. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE company. I am stuck with no rental to accommodate my family 24 hours before it's time to go on the one and only trip we get this summer. Very disappointing. You don't take care of your customers. You don't deserve customers at all!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I rented a car from Enterprise in Kill Devil Hills, NC because I had to take my elderly mom to a Dr. Appt about 1/2 hr drive away and my car was in the shop. I specifically requested an intermediate size car as she has a hard time getting in and out and also has metal in her hips and needs a large comfortable seat. My reservation was taken. However when I got there they said they had no intermediate cars even though they had been reminding me of my reservation several times over the week leading up to rental date. All they had was a Jeep! But we were stuck and took it but it was not very comfortable. They did offer to pay for the gas refill but I was very disappointed no one had contacted us to let us know that the car we had reserved was not available.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I've been a loyal paying customer for several years. Last Friday my car broke down in Labelle, FL. I was traveling alone with my two small children one 2 years old and the other 7 months old. I was able to get my car towed to the closest mechanic shop, I explained to the towing company's dispatch that I had my two small children with me and I would need a ride big enough to hold their car seats. Much to my satisfaction one of the office workers personally offered to pick me and my babies up in her personal vehicle to take us to Randy's Garage, the mechanic shop. It was close to 3 pm when my car showed up, the mechanics diagnosed the problem quickly and explained to me it was going to take a few days, being that this happened on a Friday afternoon the soonest they'd be able to give me an answer regarding my car would be the following Monday 6/9/18.

Now I was literally stranded and over an hour away from where I live in Cape Coral; in the Florida heat with my two small children. I decided that my best bet was to call Enterprise as I've never had any issues with the company before and I've rented from them many times in the past as well as multiple this past year already. I have always paid using my debit card or cash so I planned to do the same this time around. I spoke with a customer service representative and explained my situation, I told him I also needed a larger size vehicle to accommodate the car seat for my kids and some other belongings I had in my broken down car. After finding a vehicle big enough the customer service representative I was speaking to gave me a number to reserve my rental and connected me to the office in Fort Meyers, FL

I explained to them at the Fort Meyers office on Daniels Parkway, and at 2 other locations in Fort Meyers, that I needed to be picked up as soon as possible because I was stranded with my two kids. He then asked me for some personal information and noticed I was already in the system from previous rentals. I informed him I would be paying with my debit card. He told me I needed to have proof of residency such as a utility bill or something of the like. I had to re-explain that I was stranded with a broken down car and I did not keep that sort of information with me or in my car, I don't know of anyone that does either.

I told them (by this time I had been passed around to 4 different representatives on the phone; each time I had to tell them my dire situation from the beginning which was extremely frustrating) the last person I spoke to asked me what I had on my person to show some kind of "proof of residency". I told her I had my Florida driver's license, my insurance card and my car registration (also Florida). She then asked me for the address and the city listed on my driver's license, I told her West Palm Beach, Florida (the same address they have on file in their system, I just recently moved to the Fort Meyers area). She then denied me and my children service because quote: "you do not live in the city you are renting from". Understandably, I was upset and distraught, I asked to speak with someone in upper management and the lady told me that upper management would tell me the same thing, stating that it was a policy issue.

I am writing because Enterprise was my only option as I don't have any family or friends close by. I was stranded and in dire need of a means to get myself and my kids home safely and was refused multiple times during each conversation with every representative I had spoken to. I was tossed around from office to office, and to different representatives like a ping pong ball and made to feel that my well being and my kids' well being were of no value. As a loyal paying customer of several years I was, and still am distraught over this entire experience.

This was 100% unethical and I have already filed a complaint by phone to Enterprise Holdings in St. Louis, and called the regional office in Southwest Florida and spoke to Jennifer. So far nobody is willing to help me. I will be in touch and continue to write whomever and call whomever till this gets resolved. I will also be contacting the Better Business Bureau as well if I continue to be ignored and treated the way I have been since Friday.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was quoted verbally, on the phone by an Enterprise customer service representative the weekly rate of $201 per week for a Toyota Camry. I was in the process of moving and missed the email confirmation which bumped the rate up to $259 a week. My sister picked up the car, notified me of the difference and I called three different numbers trying to get the refund and the correct rate. Not one employee would honor what was quoted me. Perhaps a class action lawsuit revealing the bait and switch tactic and other misleading and fraudulent behavior should come to fruition by the hundreds of cheated customers. I will be participating.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Enterprise - Snellville, GA (Killian Hill location) AWFUL! - After this most recent incident, I spent my time calling Enterprise locations all over the Southeast trying to find 2 vans. I found 2 in Chattanooga, TN and was willing to make the 3-hour one-way drive to go get them. I made the reservations with the Chattanooga location on July 2nd for pick up on July 7th, called them to confirm they had the vans (they said "yes"), and got a confirmation email the morning of July 6th saying my vans would be ready. I got a call at 4:45 p.m. the day before I was supposed to pick up the vans saying they were no longer available.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 6, 2018

I made a reservation on April 10, 2018 to rent a 15 passenger van on 6/29/18 at Enterprise BWI. Called a few days before to confirm our reservation and was assured the van was available. When I spoke to the customer service agent, I told her we would not be able to pick the van up on 6/29 at noon and could we change the pick up date to 6/30 in the early morning and she told me the reservation couldn't be changed but that they hold the vehicle for 24 hours. She assured me it would be there on Saturday morning for us.

We received a confirmation email on 6/28 from Enterprise about our reservation. We arrived on Saturday morning to pick up the van, there wasn't one. The employees at the counter were indifferent. Follow up complaints with customer service agents were indifferent. We eventually received an apology from someone named Laneka apologizing and offering a coupon for two free rental days, to which we said, "No thank you." We would never do business with this agency again. We lost a whole day of our vacation scurrying around to find a van to travel with the kids and grandkids.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I made reservation for a intermediate size car. Once the paperwork was finished and walked out to find my car it was small compact car. I needed leg room so did my 2 tall 6ft nephews that was going to Austin with me. On the drive home at 60 mph the front end of the car started to shake. I knew that was not safe, so I didnt make my 2 day trip. Just gave Enterprise 99.00 for nothing.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I am writing this review to make everyone aware of my grievance and unethical practices followed by Enterprise. I booked a rental car on 29-June-2018 at 1900h for 3 days i.e till Monday, 02-July-2018. While booking the car I made it clear to the booking staff that I would be needing the car around 2100h but since the office closes by 2030h I was told that I can pick the vehicle around 1900h and then return it by 2100h without any extra charge.

Now, when I returned the vehicle on 02-July-2018 at 2045 I got charged for 4 days. Moreover the office staff was very rude. Below is what they did - 1. Charged for one extra day even though I was told that this will not happen? 2. Charged insurance and other charges for 4th day, even though I never approved it? 3. Instead of holding/authorizing the amount on my credit card, they charged my card? This is so unprofessional and I was not expecting "Enterprise" will do this to me.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My car was hit while parked on the street. My insurance company referred me to Enterprise in Long Beach, CA off of Ocean Blvd. I expressed how I do not want to pay more than what my insurance covers. Joey ** assisted me and told me not to worry and that he'll get me into a car. He did not disclose to me there would be additional fees. If I knew I would have to come out of pocket I would not have taken the car because I can't afford it and can't come up with the money for it. I made that loud and clear. A couple of weeks later I get a VM from Enterprise stating I owe a balance of $144.70. I'm thinking maybe it's a mistake because there shouldn't be a balance since my insurance is covering my rental and I wasn't informed of any additional fees.

I called and spoke to their branch manager by the name of Calli **, she's young and inexperienced so needless to say, she also failed miserably at her job. She also failed to communicate to me about fees and charges. I voiced my discontent with the poor communication and non-disclosure of fees/charges. After going back and forth, she told me she would waive my balance. I was satisfied. I thought maybe because their employee clearly did not disclose anything about the out of pocket expense so this is their way of satisfying the customer. I was completely wrong!!! I went to return the vehicle, I was told that I was pretty much wrong and they don't believe me because their employees "ALWAYS" tells the customer about the additional fees/charges and that they never let a customer walk out the door without disclosing that info. She said she is standing by her assistant manager and that nothing else was going to be done.

So they pretty much charged me by taking my deposit. This is so unethical. They have no right to treat and mislead customers like that. Clearly Joey did not do his job and deceived me just to get a sale. The day before I returned the car, she told me they are waiving the balance but never once said they will be keeping my deposit of $145. DECEPTION. Of course I asked why. Both Joey and Calli said it's because I've had the rental so they have to charge me.

This left me a little more confused and frustrated because I was told the balance is going to be waived but then you collect the balance in question by keeping my deposit and it was verbalized the reason for keeping my deposit is to pay for the rental. Pure deception. How do you "waive" a fee but pretty much collect it out of the deposit? So you can imagine my frustration and anger at this point. I asked Calli why she didn't tell me this the day before, her response "I did." She told me she was standing by her assistant manager and they are not going to do anything further.

I asked for the manager above her, they were hesitant to provide that info but eventually did after they were done texting each other to cover their butts. I left him a VM. Do you think I got a response? NOPE. They are so unprofessional. The funny thing is, when the manager was leaving that office he told his employees to keep the numbers up so they can get their bonuses. They really deceived me with the cost and fees. And the sad thing is that nothing is going to be done about it. That's the frustrating part. File a complaint if you want but good luck with getting any responses. I just hope this gives solace to others knowing that they are not the only customer to be deceived and mislead by Enterprise and their incompetent employees.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I rented a car from the Washington PA Enterprise location on Wednesday 6/20/18, and returned it on Monday 06/25/18. When I returned my car I gave the keys to an employee, who was very Tall and Skinny, he told me that I didn't have to wait in line to turn my keys in, that I could have just handed them to any employee, or dropped them in the drop box-- which I didn't know as I do not rent cars often. My fiance, and two kids walked out of the Enterprise back to our car, and the employee who took my keys walked out with us, and popped the trunk of the car. Obviously to start his inspection. We drove 20 minutes down the road and my fiance realized that he left his Wells Fargo envelope that contained over 4,000 in it. He immediately went back to the Enterprise location and the manager (Jarell **) and the employee who I handed my keys to said they didn't see an envelope in the car.

Jarell was at the office the day that I picked up my rental car and I did not see him when I dropped off. So I am unsure how he looked at the car at the same time the employee did, when I walked out of the office with the employee and Jarell was nowhere in sight. He may have looked over the car AFTER the employee did, but he was NOT there when we left and the employee was inspecting the car. This is 4,000 that has been stolen from us. We have filed a police report, and I have been in touch with Joe **. Joe advised me that he would have the risk management team, along with HR interview the employees, but if it becomes as he said she said, there will be nothing they can do, which is completely unacceptable to me.

He also made a comment that 4,000 is a significant amount of money to be driving around with. To which I believe it is none of his business, and it totally irrelevant, however my fiance works in Texas, and received a paper check. He cashed his check before he left Texas to drive back to home to PA. He came home on Sunday so we are talking about having this money for a 24 hour period. There was a 20-30 minute window from the time I dropped the car off, to the time my fiance went back. It is very disturbing to me to think that someone would take this significant amount of money out of a car, and the company they work for basically tells me if the investigation comes back that the employee just says they didn't take the money then there is nothing else they can do. I will never ever rent a car again, let alone from this location. To Date- I have not heard a word back from Joe ** or any of his staff.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I initially made a reservation for an SUV at the 303 Courtland St. site in Atlanta and everything seemed fine until the day of the pickup. I was called by a representative from the rental location just prior to pick up and told they didn't have a vehicle yet. They agreed to call when they had the vehicle. Over two hours later, still no call so I called back to hear "I still don't have ANY vehicles to rent and I've been cussed out all day." The representative told me the outlook was grim and agreed to transfer me to someone on the "reservation team." These people were ultra nice and did a thorough search when she located a vehicle at the 3088 Piedmont Rd. location. I asked her to call ahead and verify the presence of the vehicle to which she told me she had indeed spoken to someone at the location and they would hold the vehicle for me. I received an email confirming the reservation transfer at 2:21 PM and proceeded to the site.

We get to the site around 3:30 PM and I see five people milling about but only one talking to a customer who told me "someone will be with you in a second." After a while, I get waited on by **, an assistant manager, who tells me he cannot find my reservation. I show him my email confirmation (time-stamped 2:21 PM) and also inform him they were previously called by a member of the reservation team. NO ONE in the office would admit to receiving the call from the reservation team and ** swears the reservation didn't get to his computer until 4:03 PM (which was the ACTUAL time by now).

He then tells me he doesn't have the vehicle I ordered while the representative next to him is describing the EXACT type of vehicle I ordered to another customer. ** says the vehicle is not available but would I like a sedan instead. I told him the woman next to him is indicating she has this vehicle and I told him it must be the one I reserved through the reservation team representative to which his reply was "when a rental opportunity arises, we take advantage of it."

The other customer does not accept this vehicle and I am informed I am "in luck, the vehicle just became available." I hand him a CT drivers license which Even spends a full five minutes verifying using his reference book and UV light (I saw him place my license directly beside an exact color picture example depicted in the reference book yet he continued to pour over something else for several minutes more). Eventually, he agrees the license is genuine and processes the vehicle rental. We proceed to the vehicle for the inspection and we notice there is about 1/4 of a tank of gas to which he tells me "we try to rent all our vehicles with, at least, 1/2 and 3/4 of a tank of gas but you do not have to bring the vehicle back with more gas than you get." He leaves and I go to drive it out when I notice the rather large, round crack in the windshield. I go back to the office where ** offers to add it to the inspection report.

Since the crack is directly in front of the driver, I ask for a new vehicle and he has another one sitting next to where the original was parked! This vehicle had even less gas (almost empty) than the original one, but I was fed up by then and asked for a free upgrade to a BMW SUV to which I was told "I'm sorry but those are exotic cars and I do not have any control over them." By this time, I was almost 5 hours later than I had intended to set off for Savannah, so I had to make the decision to stay in Atlanta another night and lose the reservation in Savannah. What a nightmare, so one can readily understand why I will not be doing business with Enterprise anymore. I should add, due to the nature of my work, I have rented hundreds of cars in my lifetime with this being the single worst experience ever.

Original review: June 28, 2018

A friend had a 15 passager van rented since March for a trip to New York. 3 days before we were to leave on our trip they called her to tell her they could not honor her reservation. They didn’t have any vans available. This left us in a panic since we had 15 people relying on this means of transportation. We had about 8 people trying to find us another van. The cost of flying, riding a train and riding a bus was a lot more. We were able to find a place in Charlotte that rented us a van. I would not recommend Enterprise because they will leave you hanging.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Facebook wants to know what’s on my mind. Enterprise Rental Car Company (a company that I will not rent from in the future). I’ve been renting from these folks for years. When I was a true road warrior, I rented cars by the month. Today, I went to cash in some points from a previous booking. They were requiring 500 points per day for a rental. Was told by a customer service representative to book the reservation.

When back today to “apply” the points. Enterprise changed the rules within the last 72 hours. Now they want to charge me 650 points a day for the same car and a higher per day fee. I spoke with two customer service representatives that said they couldn’t override the new price or point increase. Although a previous representative told me to lock it in. If you are still reading... after this experience with Enterprise, I will no longer rent from a company that has these deceptive practices. I’ve been told a happy customer tells one or two people. But an unhappy customer tells 9 or more. According to Facebook I’ve got around 850 “friends”. Not sure how many will read my rather lengthy rebuke of Enterprise... and even if you have a confirmation number they will not honor their initial agreement. At least that’s been experience. Have a great day and thanks for reading.

Original review: June 27, 2018

This is a terrible experience. I hope no one has to experience. I have now been 12 full day without a rentable car... They are supposed to come and swap it out and bring a new one. Their cars are old and dirty and not maintained. DO NOT RENT FROM this company. Oh when I got the car... 1/4 tank of gas... when I called they said, "Oh... just fill it up to where it is marked on the contract." Who rents a car and immediately has to find a gas station. The worst.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I'm extremely dissatisfied with Enterprise! I rented a car from Enterprise through Expedia. When I arrived the car I reserved was nowhere near ready and I actually got there later than my reserved time. I sat in the office for at least an hour waiting on a car. Finally, a car was ready. I did not receive any paperwork at that time even though I had asked. I dropped off the car the next day and was told I would be emailed a receipt. Two days went by still no receipt. I called Enterprise and the lady could not even find my reservation. She got a hold of her manager who finally located it, but could not send me a receipt because the ticket was not closed. Meanwhile, I was on the phone for over half an hour.

The manager told me she would turn in a request for the receipt but that if I wanted it sooner to call the location in Gastonia directly and ask for it. So I turned around and called the Gastonia location and of course, the guy on the phone could not locate the receipt either. He told me it should have been closed by now. (Ya think.) It's now almost a week after the rental was returned and still no receipt! However, I did receive a call yesterday asking for a rating of Enterprise and I told the lady the same story here but she did not seem to care. Meanwhile, there is a $200.00 hold plus the price of the rental on my credit card. I would absolutely not recommend Enterprise unless you enjoy dealing with hassles.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I rented a 15 passenger van from the store on Battleground Ave in Greensboro NC in MARCH of 2018 to be picked up JUNE 21 of 2018. 2 DAYS before I was to pick this van up they called and said they could not honor my reservation because they had no vans. I asked for 2-7 passenger vans and they had none of those either. I called and left messages for the manager and regional manager to call me and it is now 8 days later and still no response. DO NOT RENT FROM HERE!!! Beware of them. Even if you have a reservation they may not have cars.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Washington, PA. Poor management. Poor customer service. I made an online reservation for 11:00 am for an economy car. I arrived at 9:45 am. They did not have an economy car nor a compact. I was told I would have to pay for an upgrade or wait until 11:00 because they were waiting for the previous customer to return the car I was supposed to rent. To actually have customers waiting for a previous renter to return a car is ridiculous and to expect them to pay you for an upgrade is even more ridiculous.

They knew from the start they didn't have a car and they knew they were not going to have one an hour later. The upgrade should have simply been provided free of charge right then, not have customers waiting for another customer's return. I don't know what kind of scheduling system that have in place but it definitely needs to be looked at. I am posting this so others can beware of this policy. I lost time on this deal and Enterprise lost a customer.

Original review: June 25, 2018

SCAM in Ireland - Hello, this is a scam company. We came to pick up a car booked and paid full price a few days ago for 4 days and to our surprise this company told us that the credit card we gave them is just a debit card and they refused to release that car. Well... that credit card we have been using for the last 15 years...as a CREDIT CARD. We are very upset because we really need that car..We call them to give us the full refund because they wanted to cancel our booking. They refused to refund money and said that we have to do cancellation online...but we don’t want to cancel and even when we try that, it will not allow us to do online cancellation. Now I tried to call them again and they blocked my number. So we have no car and no money refund. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I just recently had an accident where my truck was hit by the other driver. I am disabled, and would need a truck to be able to get in and out easy. Up my rental being approved there was no truck approved only a car. Enterprise at 15 Street Panama City Florida advised they would check on it based on my needs. They also said no trucks were present at the time, but they would work on it. Minutes later Enterprise had a Truck for me, and it was ready for pickup. This is where I met Carnell the driver, and was highly please with his professionalism, demeanor, and kindness. After arriving at Enterprise I got prompt treatment, and was able to go in only minutes.

Days later I was advised by the body shop they were done with my vehicle, so I dropped the rental off. Again I was processed out promptly, and was given another pleasant ride across town by the Driver Carnell. I upon getting with the body shop found the work was not done, called Enterprise, and they had to have the driver pick me back up. After getting back to the Enterprise location Branch Manager Ragan made it a priority to get my rental re approved. She had the drive Carnell take me to my house so I could get my phone, and so I didn’t have to wait there based on my disabilities.

In not much time at all Ragan had it re approved, saved the truck for me, picked me up again, and I was back on my way again. After my truck was repaired I was able to leave the rental at the body shop, and Enterprise retrieved it without issues. I can say Enterprise at least at this location went out of their way to take care of me, ensured I was able to get the vehicle based on my disabilities, shuttled me around based on errors on other people’s faults, and made something I had to do a pleasurable experience. This especially is needed when you are disabled, and dealing with issues of an accident. God bless this team, and Ragan for her actions.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 23, 2018

What started out as a 2-day vacation turned into a 5-day nightmare. Our car broke down with a fuel line malfunction near the Poconos Summit Enterprise location, leaving my 2 kids and I stranded hundreds of miles from home with an undriveable vehicle. It took the auto mechanic to which we were towed 5 days to diagnose the problem, get parts delivered, and fix our car. During that time, we were desperate to get home, not knowing when or how long it would take to fix our car. My daughter is an ICU nurse who couldn't miss another day of work; my son had to get back to college and his job; and I had a business to run. Picture the scene: we had no clean clothes to wear; no food or water--nor means of transportation to a grocery store or restaurant or hotel; nowhere to sleep; not enough of my life-sustaining heart medication to last more than 3 days; and absolutely no way to get home, having exhausted every option. Renting a car was our last hope.

When I called Enterprise, I was told by the manager that I needed a credit card to rent a car. I told her I only had a debit card (I have a credit card, but only brought my debit card with me), and I had cash (enough cash, by the way, to pay for the rental). I offered to show her my bank phone app, which had every speck of information from my credit card that she needed. I also had my Marine Corps military I.D., which had my photo and social security number on it...but the Enterprise manager was inflexible. She said she needed to see a utility bill. (Who packs a utility bill on vacation?!?) She said she needed proof of my address. (Apparently my driver's license and bank account app weren't sufficient proof of address.) I pleaded with her to consider our dire situation and the life-threatening nature of insufficient heart medicine to last another day. But she remained callous and inflexible. I've rarely been so afraid in my life.

Thankfully, another customer at the car mechanic's overheard the phone conversation and saw me start to cry after 12 minutes of pleading with the Enterprise manager, and the customer gave us 4 bananas and some bottles of water to last for 2 more days. What have I learned from this experience with Enterprise? How NOT to operate a business. How discouraging to encounter a company whose policies take precedence over human life and basic logic. (Clarification: I don't know the Enterprise employee's name, but she identified herself as the manager. She was on duty on Wednesday, June 20th, at 3:53pm.)

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have been renting from Enterprise for so many years. They have really fell off. Everyone has a different story. The Enterprise on 104 Spur 63 Longview Tx they kept over charging my credit card but ** made everything alright because she gave me 3 days free but when I tried to used my free days they stated to me that she work at a different location. Okay but my problem wasn't at her new location, it was at this one on 104 Spur 63. Beware of this company. And the crazy part I use to like Enterprise, not anymore.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We have scheduled a pick up at an auto body shop for 10 AM. We waited 35 minutes before someone showed up. Enterprise claimed they were there at 10 a.m. and no one was there and they left, but that was incorrect because we were there. We checked with the receptionist at the repair shop and she said no one from Enterprise ever check in with her.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We received a letter in the mail telling us that we received a traffic violation in Florida on Nov 1st and that Enterprise told them that it was us that had rented the vehicle. Problem is we have never been to Florida. Plus we had just bought a house on Oct 31st and was moving in (this is in Arkansas mind you). So we call the Toll offices in Florida they tell us we have to call Enterprise. We call Enterprise they tell us, "We will take care of it." A week later we receive a letter from Enterprise telling us we owe money for the violation so we call back. We are told that the toll offices will take care of it. We call the toll office they say again that it is an Enterprise's issue. We call back after telling them everything again they say "You will get a callback tomorrow." Two days later we call back and again "you will get a callback tomorrow". Still nothing.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 18, 2018

On June 8, 2018 I rented a car from Enterprise Rent A Car Las Vegas, NV. The rental was for 1 week, at the time of rental I DECLINED to have additional insurance added to rental. My debit card was debited for $251 which paid for the week plus $100 deposit. On Thursday June 14, I noticed a new charge for $188 on my bank account. I myself, thought that I was being charged an additional week for rental and decided that I would keep car until Monday since it had been taken care of for more days. I called office on Saturday June 16, 2018 to inform Enterprise of the mistake made and was treated in a very rude manner and because I did not have a contract number with me the customer service rep hung up in my face.

On Sunday the assistant manager decided to come to my home, open my door without permission to enter my house and left threatening messages with about 10 business cards on why I was going to be charged with a Class C Felony for embezzling a Nissan Sentra. She told me that the extra charges were for insurance coverage, not a rental and I owed an outstanding balance of about $759 total for that week! When I told her that Insurance was declined she let me know that I signed a legal document showing I had in fact opted for insurance and that it wasn’t her fault I didn’t read the contract. She never provided said documents even after being asked several times. The car was returned, my account has been debited twice the amount should have for a rental. I did not give permission for my account to be debited at any time after June 8, 2018.

I will be calling corporate office for a full return of my money on this rental with a demand of reprimand to this assistant manager who clearly stepped over many lines. Enterprise Rental Car lets their employees make their own rules. I have never in all of my days seen a rep personally show up to someone’s door for a rental that technically had been paid for and threaten to press charges after 1 day and 1/2. Oh yes also when I arrived into the office of this place, immediately the police were called on me. I am ** by the way, and this Assistant manager just so happened to be **...

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 17, 2018

I rented a truck from Gulf Fwy. The Rep was nice but very inexperienced. First he double charge me a deductible of $350 with two different accounts number. Second he gave me paperwork of another person who had rented a car. This was June 15 2018. I was supposed to have truck two days but with all the dishonesty I returned it the next day. Rent a car customer service only showed one deductible. My bank showed two accounts number didn’t know this Friday. Be careful. Check your deductions from this place. Actually this is the second time they mess me up. Won’t use this place again??? Call customers service again June 17. Now they looking into it. Watch your money.

Enterprise Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.

• Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.

• Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.

• Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.

• Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information