Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.51/5
Based on 2,002 ratings submitted in the last year

Enterprise Rent A Car Reviews

Original review: June 13, 2019

I was nervous about hiring a car from Heathrow for 13 days and spent weeks researching online and reading reviews. I decided upon Enterprise as they gave me the best price for a small SUV. I was nervous for no reason as the entire experience with Enterprise was fantastic!! My mother and I were picked up from our terminal by the shuttle van. Within 10 mins we were dropped off at the Enterprise office, a lovely young lady had taken my details and asked me to take a seat, another lady took us out to show us the car and all I had to do was sign for it (I had already paid online). The Hyundai Tucson was in perfect condition, only 3 months old and very clean with a full tank of fuel. A few minutes later I was driving out of the airport! I was able to pick up my agreement at the gate as I drove out, but they had also emailed me a copy.

We loved the car - it had a spare tyre, free GPS and was great to drive around the UK. On our return 13 days later, Google Maps easily directed us back to the Enterprise office with returns entrance on the left. We parked the car, removed our bags and within minutes were shuttled back to the Heathrow terminal. Our small holding deposit we had to pay on the car was refunded to my credit card within 24 hours. The entire process couldn't have been easier!! I can't recommend Enterprise Rent-a-car high enough. I'd read a number of negative reviews about them (and all other rental companies), but from my experience I struggle to believe they were completely true!! If I do ever go to the UK in the future I won't hesitate to use them again.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Rented from Enterprise's TF Green Airport location this past weekend in Warwick, RI and I had a great experience from start to finish. Check-in at the counter was a breeze and the gentleman assisting me was very helpful considering this was my first time. When I went upstairs to pick up the car, Brian showed me all the cars available at the time and explained the insurance options in detail, which eased my mind. It was a good pay-week so I was happy to upgrade and there was totally no pressure at all. I'm so glad I did though as the luxury car served me much better on the trip (in terms of comfort and performance) than the car I initially booked, so that made the overall experience a lot better.

Brian was super kind to help me through the Bluetooth pairing setup and get me all squared away with the car. During my trip there were no issues at all. The car was flawless. When returning the vehicle it was just as smooth as when I picked it up. Dean helped me get my bags out of the car and was a pleasant/smooth guy to work with after such a long, tiring drive. Everything went better than I expected it to go and I can't wait to rent from this location again. Very helpful staff all around from counter to pick up to drop off, great vehicles, reasonable prices and very respectful of time. Overall 5 Star experience!

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

On 1/3/19 we rented from this location for the second time. Just like the first time it was easy and quick to make the reservation and pick up the car. The agent was very friendly and helpful and very thorough as we looked the car over for prior damage, and then asked if I wanted to prepay for my gas at $2.10 a gallon, explaining that I would not have to stop to fill the car before returning it. I agreed to that and noted that she said it has 11 gallons in it, but that was all she said about it. When we paid for the rental she explained that there was a $250 deposit that should be back in my account 24-48 hours after we returned the car. It would take that long because it was a debit card. Most of the deposit was returned to my bank account on 1/9/19, but I did not get $24.97 back.

I emailed to find out why I was charged that much, and yesterday 1/14/19 I got a phone call from a customer service rep who tried a couple of times to convince me that it had been explained to me when I rented the car that I was in effect paying for the full tank of gas that was in the car when I picked it up. I asked him if he thought I would have agreed to buy the entire tank if that had indeed been explained to me when I knew I'd be driving the car less than 120 miles in total. It turned out to my satisfaction, however, because after a few minutes he offered me a refund. We agreed on an amount and apparently the refund will be back in my account tonight or tomorrow. Overall, my experience with Enterprise has been positive and I would rent from them again... and now that the prepaid policy has been explained to me, I will not prepay if I won't be going very far.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My vehicle was damaged due to someone backing into me. I needed a rental car due to the time the car was going to be in the shop for repairs. Between the Collision Center and Enterprise, I had a good experience with getting picked up and receiving the rental car. I had some issues with the condition I received the car. One issue being the car I was given smelled horribly like stale cigarette smoke! I am extremely sensitive to smells and this was just unacceptable. I called and talked to a manager and explained my dissatisfaction on the issues I had with the car.

Erin did her best to offer a solution to make my experience better. She offered a different car to me if I chose. I absolutely took her up on this as I did not feel I could drive this car for the time it would take for my car to finish getting repaired. When I arrived back to Enterprise, Claire met me. She was extremely gracious and accommodating. She gave me a car that was so much better than the first car. She also gave me a few "extras" including a bottle of water. :) The excellent customer service I received and the kind treatment I was given is very much appreciated. Thank You Erin and Claire!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I already made reservation for the car rental at this location. The young lady greeted me and I gave her my name & DL & company credit card to pay for the rental. I am 469 miles away from home. She says she could accept due to my name was not on the card. I use it all the time everywhere I go for the company I drive for. I explain to her the reservation center assured me I could use it due to I work for the company. This young lady did everything she could think of and ask me more details while she is working so diligently answering the phone, waiting on other customers while she apologize to me several times for delay on helping me. It was no problem. However she made my experience very pleasant to get me a vehicle after my company was able to provide her an account number for Enterprise rental.

She deserves a raise, bonus or just a good gift certificate for two on a 3 day trip of her choice. I wish every company could have employees like her whom was so calm, patience & understanding of my needs after your reservation center misled me on what I need to get this rental car reserved after talking to them 2 times in one week. Someone needs to look into the reservation center & make sure the information they give over the phone is accurate precise and not this, "Oh yeah no problem." Please give credit & recognition to Ms. Hannah **/ Branch Manager in New Philadelphia. My Best Regards to Her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Worst rental experience on Mykonos Island in Greece, the married couple that runs the station is totally unprofessional and downright rude. Fortunately for us we took a video of the car when they handed it over because upon returning the car they claimed we had made a dent into it, which we could prove wrong then. Google reviews is full of similar stories from other customers... I don't understand how Enterprise can employ such people?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

After making reservations for a vehicle then drove up the highway just for them to tell me that they don’t have any more cars left had me waste my time and gas for nothing instead of calling and saying, "Sorry sir, we don’t have anything left." I’ll never get another car from them again!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

The University I work for has a corporate account with the company and as the department head I pick up the trucks when we rent them. They of course want to see your drivers license which is reasonable. When we dropped the truck off we did not fill it up and were charged to top it off. Again, reasonable. However they kept contacting me personally to pay the balance due and sent the dunning letters to my home.

Exactly 30 days after we dropped the truck of they had sent the bill to collections and suspended my PERSONAL account. My secretary and I both called and explained this was a corporate account and that the bill had been sent to accounts payable. It fell on deaf ears as they continued to harass me. In my last conversation they told me that if any "3rd party" e.g. my employer didn't pay it becomes the responsibility of the driver!! Total BS and a fine example of corporate greed. Neither my department or me will rent from Enterprise ever again. So beware when offering you license on behalf of your employer, it might cost you dearly. The bill was paid by my employer in this case but others might not be so fortunate.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Went to pick up SUV after confirmation # received. No Suv tried to give me a car. Was going on vacation needed more room. Called multiple times talked to managers and more managers no luck. One said they had one a hour away. Tried to call 6 times no answer. Manager said airport shops usually dont answer phone. WHAT! Will never use Enterprise again and will tell everyone the same thing.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I rented a car from Enterprise and was charged 270 dollars for 14 hrs rental. Rental quoted as 36 dollars per day. Was told I could change return point but not extra charges. Have received no email confirmation I was advised I would. Picked up car at Sahara Las Vegas and returned to Hollywood Los Angeles. Never again. Will go back to my usual car rental company.

Enterprise Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.

• Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.

• Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.

• Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.

• Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information