Enterprise Rent A Car

2917people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Enterprise Rent A Car:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

I called enterprise cause money was taken out of my account and did not know why so I spoke to Katie and explained I was there at office earlier and signed papers and dealt with a guy name Aaron. She said "we have no one by that name" so I said "he was a colored guy" and she called me rude for saying that and I then said "no honey. I ain't rude cause I am biracial and so are my grandchildren." So lo and behold their rental car will be returned and I will call my insurance company to use another company to get me another car and I will take this up with corporate and the manager of the office in washington pa on murtland ave.

You don't call customers rude. I will plaster this all over the Internet. Don't use them. There is budget, hertz, other car rental companies to use. They charged my card money for no reason cause my insurance company is paying for it due to I was in a wreck. After having the car for 3 days why would you charge money to my card. This katie looked in the computer and said yes it was their mistake after calling me rude. No excuse. I will not let this go. She needs fired from her job. Don't use Enterprise rental at all. The one on murtland Ave Washington pa 15301. They will never get my business. Never.

On August 14th upon returning our rental to Enterprise, I forgot I had my iPad2 under the front passenger seat nor did my family members know. The manager & girl who checked us out were very cordial, friendly & jovial while the wait was long, hot & exhausting. Once we boarded the plane, I remembered because I wanted to watch a movie. I tried calling Enterprise, no answer. This has gone on now for days. Either they have given us wrong numbers or we have been hung up on. We finally made a report online & check it everyday but all dates & numbers show up except mine. When we did speak with someone directly at this location at Ft Lauderdale Airport, they were rude & stated nothing was left in the vehicle. We did report my IPAD2 stolen to my carrier & Apple so if it is attempted to be turned on it will ping & it did, at the Enterprise at the Ft Lauderdale Airport because my carrier & Apple called us.

I phoned this lady Teresa ** on **. She hung on me. I received several emails from someone supposedly to be a Regional Vice President named, Aaron Toombs, **, that sends an email repeatedly acknowledging receipt of my complaint as if there is something going to be done when it is not. I'm disabled, retired & frustrated knowing that I'm dealing with corporate thieves that truly don't care who they hire as long as they make them smile as clowns to steal for their pay. I live in Washington DC & it doesn't benefit me knowing as much as I love the sunshine state that Enterprise is as well as Alamo & the other rental company associated under their umbrella hire thieves & liars.

I have a claim because my car was totaled. Enterprise said all I needed was a fifty dollar deposit but I said I didn't have a CC card. Customer service read me that locations terms and said I could get proof of income and residence but now changed it to 100 money order. So the next day I come all the way from OC to LB and stop and take the time to get a money order and when I get there Linda the manager said I was crazy and they've never done such a thing and sent me away stranded once again all the way from OC to be without offering any way home or to look into the matter.

So I rushed and called the district manager and she claimed she was going to handle Linda and made sure to put notes that she put me in a rental at that location the next day. So when I called I got a guy claiming to be the manager which later found out he wasn't and lied to cover Linda. So guess who I get as soon as I got disconnected, Linda. She argued with me once she found out I told on her and said no to call tomorrow to speak to another manager and she wouldn't put me in a car or pick up any of my calls. Sent me away for the 3rd time. Horrible customer service. I'm a journalist and definitely writing a article about Linda and what a horrible experience I had with Enterprise.

My husband needed a 4x4 for a job and so one was rented. He picked up the truck and they claim he was with the lady while looking over the truck for any previous damages and my husband was not with her! When upon returning the truck they checked it and said there was hail damage, 2 spots on the roof and 1 spot on the hood. He was not near any rain much less hail!!! When they were told he had not gone thru any rain or hail they said, "Well there was hail reported in the area." He proceeded to tell them he wasn't in the area. He was in the mountains up in the Cripple Creek area and then they proceeded to say "I don't know why you're so concerned. It's not like it's coming out of your pocket. It's on the company!" (husband's company rented the truck for a job). To me that's just wrong and I am scared now because I have one of their cars right now because my car was hit by a guy that was pulling out of a parking space.

They are complete slobs on renting out clean vehicles, I would NEVER let someone borrow my car as dirty as the car & truck that we got that was rented. Dust everywhere and smudge marks all over and grass and dirt on carpets, dirt on seats. Funny thing too is they said, "Sorry our cleaner guy got in with dirty feet." What are you telling me? You grow grass in your cleaning bay??? Haha I will never rent there again and we travel a ton. We also have tons of friends that travel like we do and I will be spreading our experiences that we've had with Enterprise Car Rentals!!!

After I complained about the way I received the vehicle I rented they asked me if I would like to bring it back in so they could re-clean it. Yeah no I will clean it while I have it and it will probably be cleaner when I return it than when I received it! Pretty sad that this company will screw people and has such low expectations of their employees!!! Lesson learned. NEVER USE ENTERPRISE EVER AGAIN!!!

Terrible service. We booked a Chevy Tahoe because we needed a 7 passenger car. When we got there they said it is not available and they gave us a Chevy Traverse. We called the next day and the day after but we were transferred from one person to the next and eventually we gave up. We really needed a bigger car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

When I got to the place we told the teller we have a reservation. Then he ask what documents we need it and after he said that he couldn't accept what we have we ran home to find more papers. The teller name is ** and still said he can accepted. When I called Enterprise to make the reservation I was not told what I need it at time of picking up the vehicle. It was a lack of communication. The address where I went is 4515 St Barnabas Rd Temple Hills MD 20748. I FELT DISCRIMINATED BY THE TELLER. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. The teller went out for a while. Left me waiting. I saw how he treated other customers. TREAT US DIFFERENT.

I live in New York and I'm part of a bridal party for my friend. We decided to have a bachelorette party for the bride in Florida. We traveled from New York to Florida on 8/4/16 and rented a 2016 Black Chrysler Town and Country minivan from Enterprise at Daytona Beach International Airport. The minivan we received smelled of cigarette smoke and had cigarette ashes all over the car. After having an early morning flight and being exhausted, we did not make a big deal of this and decided not to issue a complaint. We didn't want this to ruin our first day in Florida and take up more of our short time there. On 8/6/16, (the night before our return flight) around 11 pm, we were driving back to Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast from Universal Studios. I was driving northbound on interstate 95 when I saw an object fly into the grill of the rental car.

I pulled over and noticed a metal object had pierced through the grill and radiator which was leaking coolant causing the car to smoke up. A witness had seen a single car accident occur on the southbound side of the interstate. This car had hit the guard rail and debris from that car flew into our rental car. I quickly googled a number for enterprise in Florida. The first number I called had option number 3 for emergency services, however once pressing 3 the automated system said that the service is unavailable. My friend found another phone number to call and I was able to get through to a representative. The representative set the vehicle up with a tow company. I asked her how we can get a ride back to the resort and she told me to speak to the tow company about it. I ended the call because the police officer needed information for the police report.

Shortly after I called back and spoke to another woman named Messina about being set up with another rental vehicle since I had reserved the vehicle till 8/7/16 11 am (time of our return flight to NY). She told me since it was after hours she would not be able to set me up with another vehicle. She went on to tell me to save the receipts of the cab rides since Enterprise was supposed to provide me with a rental vehicle till the morning of 8/7/16. She told me to bring the receipts to the Enterprise desk at the airport. The police officer on scene was nice enough to call a cab for us since we were unfamiliar with the area. We took the cab back to the resort and I made sure to save the receipt. The next morning we had to take another cab to the airport since we still did not have a rental.

I brought both the receipts to Enterprise at the airport and spoke to a manager named Brian who said "I don't know why they told you that because we don't reimburse for cabs" and he decided to give me half of the total cost of $164 as a courtesy. I was extremely upset with the entire experience. Enterprise was very quick in getting a tow truck for their vehicle and collecting the insurance deductible, but left their customers, who happened to be seven girls who were unfamiliar with the area, stranded in the middle of an interstate with no ride and then refused to fully reimburse for taxi service. I wanted to resolve the issue while in Florida however, I had to catch a flight back home.

Once arriving back in New York, I called Enterprise back in Daytona Beach and spoke to the manager Brian again. I told him I wanted to speak to his supervisor in regards to getting the rest of the money reimbursed. He went on to tell me that his manager named Tessanya (I'm not too sure of the spelling) wasn't in the office and that she would call me back sometime that day or the next. I then asked for the phone number of corporate, which he gave me, but then proceeded to say "I'm going to call my manager right now, give her an hour to call you back before you call corporate". An hour and a half passed without any call back so I called the number he had given me for corporate which was the number for Enterprise headquarters in Florida. I spoke to Carolyn who told me she was sorry that happened and that a manager would call me back that day.

Two days passed and I still didn't receive a call from the manager. I called back to the headquarters and spoke to Carolyn again who said, "they should've called you back", she went on to confirm my phone number and said she would get in contact with the manager right away. I didn't receive any calls for the rest of the day. The next day, I googled a number for Enterprise Corporate and spoke to a woman named Issaca who finally decided to refund $82. For a big corporation like Enterprise that is supposedly the largest rental car service in the world, $164 shouldn't have been an issue to reimburse. Having to go through all of that just to be reimbursed for taxi fares in unacceptable, especially when Enterprise should have been responsible for it in the first place. It has been ten days now since the incident occurred and I have yet to receive any follow up phone calls from any of the Enterprise managers in Florida.

I have been renting cars from Enterprise in New York for many years. This is the first time I have had a bad experience with the company. The customer service I received in Florida was appalling both from Daytona Beach Airport manager and even the Florida headquarters. I was given the run around for several days with no call backs whatsoever and no resolution to my problem. It seems that all they are concerned about are their vehicles and not their customers. They were great about sending a tow truck for their vehicle and collecting the insurance deductible, but left their customers stranded in a time of need and refused to reimburse the customer for taxi fares which they should have been responsible for.

Paying for taxi fares when being unable to provide the customer with another rental vehicle should be a responsibility of the company and not a courtesy especially when the accident was clearly a no fault case due to unfortunate circumstances. Or they should have rental cars readily available 24 hours for situations such as this one. My friends and I were extremely upset with the whole situation. We were amazed at how friendly and generous Floridians were during our trip, however, our experience with Enterprise in Florida was shockingly atrocious and ruined our trip.

I will never be renting from Enterprise again but I am hoping that a resolution will be made so that future customers will not have to go through what I did in situations like this and that management will be reeducated on how to provide appropriate customer service. I also hope that I will have no further issues with the insurance claim for the rental vehicle since the other insurance company has accepted liability and that I will be reimbursed my insurance deductible of $500 as soon as possible. Please think twice before renting from Enterprise in Florida. They do not care for the safety of their customers and provide horrible service.

Smell as a cigarette, bad service, very poor customer service, never again.

I have been a loyal Enterprise customer for the last 23 years and have never rented a vehicle from anywhere else during that time. I have never had a problem with Enterprise until Saturday, August 13, 2016. I picked up a minivan at the Pierson Road Enterprise in Flint, MI. It was a delightful experience. They picked me up from my office and drove me to theirs. I rented the van with no problem and everyone was polite. I was told that there would be no problem when I dropped the van off in another state, as this was a one-way rental, getting them to drive me where I needed to go. Well, there was.

When I showed up at the McCarty Lane Enterprise office in Lafayette, IN, to drop off the van, I was told I could not have a ride back to my location because it was in West Lafayette, across the river, a distance of six miles. I was told that if I wanted to go to a West Lafayette address, I should have rented from the West Lafayette office, which is located at the airport and closes at noon on Saturday, so that was not an option for me. I was told I would have to get my own ride back. I was told there was a city bus I could take. I was told they would call an Uber for me. I was told they were too busy to drive me back. It was only when I asked for a manager and waited over 30 minutes that I got a ride. The driver was pleasant. But everyone else was rude. If they had said to me, "We're really busy, can you wait a while?" I would have been okay with that.

If you advertise and promote your company as being different from all others because you will pick me up and drop me off, then you had better do that. Because if you don't, then you are just the same as all the other car rental companies, which is why I have chosen not to rent from them. You are either different or you are not. People at the McCarty Lane office should be ashamed of themselves. This is not how Enterprise presents itself. I recommend that people think twice about doing any business with this location.

Great at taking your money... debit or credit card swiped... $ gone. But if you are due a refund good luck! It takes them weeks to get your money back. I'll never rent a vehicle from Enterprise again. Horrible customer service.

I am an Enterprise member and whenever I need a car I rent from them because it is a good company. I don't know what happened this time. I was in San Antonio TX and reserved a car from Enterprise by phone and received the confirmation. I called for a ride to the office. They said all their drivers are occupied. I couldn't wait for a possible ride because I had an important meeting. I took a cab and headed to the branch. I was really shocked when the employee at the counter told me they don't have any cars for rent. I showed him the confirmation but it didn't help. He told me they can't help me. What a service. I lost my important appointment and ended up taking another cab to the hotel. Sorry Enterprise ended like that. I wish they coordinate between branches and operators.

I went to Enterprise for a rental car as our truck was in the dealer shop for repair. First the dealership contacted Enterprise to pick me up. As soon as my paperwork was done at the dealer, I turned around the Enterprise driver was there waiting on ME! Talk about customer service. He took me to their location and I explained I had a truck in the dealer shop. The agent was around 6-foot tall. I told her that my husband was about to have knee surgery, so I needed a vehicle that would accommodate a straight leg on an over 6-foot male. She brought 4-5 cars up for me to look at. Each car she got out and sat in the passenger seat. We'd agree if the car would have enough room. If not, she would retrieve another car. She was awesome! The last car she brought up was brand new, had 3 miles on it, and it passed our requirements. I was so pleased with their service. I will go back to Chapman Road, Chattanooga, TN anytime I need a rental.

Enterprise once again charged my credit card without my consent or authorization. No knowledge of why they charged my card. This is theft. I was a previous customer and this is the way they treat people.

Enterprise in Benton Harbor Michigan sucks!! We had reservations for 2 months. We were coming in from Oregon when we got to the business. They said "We have no cars." This was 11am. They said "Can you hang out until 5 or 6 and maybe a car will be returned." After a few choice words they said "We can put you in a Jeep Cherokee." I said ok. Our reservation was for a midsize car for one week for $225. They said we can rent the jeep for $678 and it's higher because it's on short notice. I left, went to Avis, had a car in 15 minutes for one week for $180. I will never go to Enterprise again and I will tell everyone about my ** experience... And I only put one star because I'm forced to so I can submit this Enterprise get ZERO STARS...

I was in an accident in June so I had to get a rental car while my car was being repaired. I never rented a car on my own before, but I thought I had an idea of what I was doing. Maureen went over the details of getting the car. She was very nice and asked if I wanted to use my own insurance or "the cheaper option," Enterprise insurance, only $22.50 a day... Not knowing what I was getting myself into I got the Enterprise insurance. And I could have sworn I was told I wouldn't have to pay anything once they got the car back. You can see where this is headed...

I was told my car repairs would take around 2 weeks. They didn't and I was leaving the country for 3 weeks. I didn't notify Enterprise of this because I wasn't aware I had to pay for anything once my car was back. 43 days it took the collision place to repair my car. My mom had to return my rental for me only when she could get my other car back. So I receive a call the day after my car is returned, but it went to voicemail, which I didn't check until I returned home. I was told I had to pay $813.54 for the rental insurance. Over $800 for RENTAL INSURANCE!!! That's the cheaper option? ** that! And I can't dispute it because "I signed for it" (unknowingly). Lesson learned, NEVER GET ENTERPRISE INSURANCE! I may have messed up, but you shouldn't have to.

Had a dreadful experience with a competing car company around the corner at LAX where we had a reservation. Arrived to a long line of people with far too few cars to service all those waiting. Without a reservation Enterprise quickly put us in a clean good car and we were on our way with directions in less than 30 minutes. It was remarkable how efficient and incredibly friendly the process and staff were. Competitively priced. Easy to return the car as well. LAX Enterprise folks rock!!!

I would leave zero stars if I could. I had to return a car because it was heavily chain smoked in. When I received the car all windows were open. The following day it was obvious the car could not be kept. The Assistant Manager (Ricky) could not have been more rude or inconvenienced in the exchange. She could not even say she was sorry for the inconvenience or condition of the car. She could say "pick your next car right because we won't exchange another one...." She went so far to complain about me to other customers (I was too picky) to the point one customer came out to say "she sure does not like you...." She would not document all the damage on the car and said "...we don't trust customers."

Based on other reviews, this is not her first customer complaint so unfortunately she is consistent. When I asked to speak to the manager she said "sure go ahead, but he is fine with how I treated you." I spoke to Howard (the manager) who was very polite and said he would speak with her but left me with the impression there was little he could do. I later contacted Enterprise on Hudson Drive, and they said if I had ANY car issues, bring it to them and they will make it right. That is customer service. The issue will be escalated to the divisional level, but Ricky seems quite confident she is untouchable. Do not use this Enterprise branch... their cars are dirty and they won't pick you up anyway. Go to Hudson drive if you have to use Enterprise.

I don't know where to start so I will summarize by saying that Enterprise is the worst company in the world to do business with. No customer service, extremely negligent, extremely stupid, extremely out of touch with customer service. I have spoken with 12 reps mostly managers in the last two weeks regarding a technical issue with resetting my password on my Plus account. No one from IT has ever given me an update and I have had to call 12 times now, 3 times today and there wasn't even a trouble ticket written after having two case numbers filed, admission that there was an IT problem on August 1 and I cannot redeem the over 2,000 points I have in my account. I have never seen such stupidity from a company in my whole life. Stay away from these morons. I would give "0" stars if I could!

I asked him how he had time to deal with the other renter and go through the car to make sure there was no damage, within 15 minutes of the other renter dropping it off and me picking it up? He said "well, that bump was not there before." I told him he is wrongfully accusing me so the next day, he calls and says he needs to pull the deductible of $300 to pay for the damage as the car is already in their body shop to be fixed. Literally, this was a small bump on the surface of the body that did not crease, damage the paint or even dent fully. It was a minor surface bump and they are saying they want $300???

I asked him, "how can you charge a deductible without letting me see a bill or having my insurance company look at it so they can give an estimate as well?" He had no answer. The location of this bump was on the back trunk area, right next to the tail light. You would have to try really hard, or KNOW EXACTLY WHERE TO LOOK, to be able to see this bump, which is why I was surprised that he even noticed it and why I did not in the 3 weeks I had it.

When I picked it up, I was dumb enough not to pay attention while we were doing the walk-around. I was distracted trying to get the phone number of my body shop while he was measuring small bumps in the body of the car and I trusted his opinion. He or I could have easily missed damage because of the distraction. Needless to say, I bit the bullet and called their insurance company to deal with this and get a formal estimate for the damage from Enterprise. I called twice and emailed 3 times with my claim number. I was hung up on once, even though the rep from their insurance company verified my phone number before the line "went dead." She could have called me back but chose not to. I have also emailed 3 times, with my claim number and received a confirmation that they received my email and to date (8/10/2016) I have yet to hear from them.

Basically, what happened in my opinion is that the guy that had this car before me damaged it, he returned it to Enterprise in Arlington, MA on Dudley st, 15 minutes before the other customer (myself) came to pick it up. Enterprise did not have time to go through it thoroughly and may have missed it (because it is hard to see) or it was too late because the guy had already been cleared and drove away so they decided to pin it on me and say I damaged the car. I will never rent from them again and I will certainly be leaving this same review on every social media site I can. It is not fair that they accused me of damaging their car when I have never been in an at-fault accident because someone did not do their job correctly the last time.

The kicker in this whole thing is that before any estimate or supporting documents were shown to me (I still have not seen an estimate from these people), but they were quick to charge me. How do you charge someone without a bill for them to see what you are about to steal from them? Shame on you Enterprise!! My husband is a 40 year auto mechanic and works on at least 10 Enterprise vehicles each week! From his experience, he warned me to stay away from Enterprise and rent elsewhere. He has told me this has happened many times with others before and they have a tendency to accuse others of the same thing. I hope karma bites them right in the I recently got into a car accident where I needed to rent a car to get around, to work. I drove the car for about 2.5 weeks and put no more than 25 miles on the car. I returned the car after my car was all set from the shop, only so the rep at Enterprise can point out a surface bump on the body. I swore up and down that I had no idea how that happened! The rep then told me that since this bump was not documented by one of their reps when the other renter brought it back, I will be liable for the damage. I yelped because I told him that Enterprise did not have enough time to go through the car and look for damage when the other renter brought it back so that I could use it. The other renter brought the car back at 5 PM, the same day I was supposed to pick it up, and I took "delivery" at 5:15!

The kicker in this whole thing is that before any estimate or supporting documents were shown to me (I still have not seen an estimate from these people), but they were quick to charge me. How do you charge someone without a bill for them to see what you are about to steal from them? Shame on you Enterprise!! My husband is a 40 year auto mechanic and works on at least 10 Enterprise vehicles each week! From his experience, he warned me to stay away from Enterprise and rent elsewhere. He has told me this has happened many times with others before and they have a tendency to accuse others of the same thing. I hope karma bites them right in the A*S!

I returned a Dodge Journey August 6, 2016. I left a pair of 200 dollar Jordans in the back and a CD. I live around the corner, got home, called not 10 minutes. They tell me they are not there. Now the car had to be cleaned. So they state will call me back. No call that Saturday. They closed on Sunday. Go on Monday they leave a message with the next person that rented to call them. Their cleaning crew took my baby shoes. So sad. Will not use them again. Hertz return your belongings. Don't use Enterprise. THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO RIP YOU OFF. SAD TO SAY BUT SOMETIMES YOU DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH MY FOLKS.

I rented from Enterprise 2 months. I used my Discover Card to secure the car. I don't need their insurance because Discover is contracted with Enterprise to cover the car 100%. 2nd I have the best full coverage. I have A perfect driving record - no accidents, tickets. My deductible is zero. Why would I pay 11.99 a day and 1000 dollar deductible. I'm in my 50's. The day I rented the car I left, didn't even get a block away, I came back and quietly told Carry there was a strong urine smell on the cloth back seats. I wanted to switch for a new car in a nice way - never complained, just concerned health wise. I work in the medical field. It seemed to annoy Carry. She never came out to address the problem before I left. The second time I took a short video. It was foul and orange yellow. I didn't want to be blamed. I paid 108.00 bucks to get the back seat cleaned so I left it alone. I didn't even tell them I had it cleaned.

Approx. every week or so they would call me in to make a payment. I would go that day or the following day. Then one day my 25 year old daughter called me and said Carry called and said she was going to report the car stolen if I didn't make a payment. I called, asked Carry why. She said she didn't say that. So I ask "why did you call my daughter and not me?" She said that was the number she had for me. Well not true because they called me at home to come in and make payments. I would go that day or the next. Again Carry calls, leaves a voice mail on my daughter's phone again. This time my 29 year daughter too. I go in make my payment and the lady that helped ask me "why are you paying for insurance?" Discover covers my rental. I said "I don't have your coverage." She showed me I have paid over 500.00 bucks and my rental agreements show I declined so she said "let me get Carry."

She handed her A print out of my fees. She looked at it and sat it on the counter, walked out. I waited at least 10 minutes. I walked over and picked up the paper she sat down and it was my payment History, my name, address, my credit card info. I took it and left. I called Carry the next day. I was put on hold then when they picked up they asked who I was and put me back on hold. After 16 minutes I was told she wasn't there. I went in a few days later to renew the contract. I had the car over 30 days at this point and it was very uncomfortable. Everyone was disrespectful. When I got to the front of the line I was left standing there until a young ** associate said sorry and helped me. I have no clue at this time what is wrong. I have rented there forever. Never had problems ever with anyone.

When I left a ** man tells me "wipe her make up off her head and it would say ** power." I thought he was talking about himself because I'm **. Anyhow Carry cont. to call my daughters, same message. I go pay, go home till one day my older daughter got a little upset at a conversation she had with Carry. I call Carry, told her I have appt. with social Security and if I get out on time I was going evening hours if not the following day which I did. I went, had the car filled with gas and then detailed then straight to Civic Dr. Enterprise Victorville CA. I park next to the door. A guy that works there was going to watch the kids and move it into another parking. Something to do with another car coming in for service. Anyhow that's not it. He brought my kids out of the car and locked it. Another guy said I missed an appt. with Carry the day prior so they were taking the car. I was lost. Where is Carry? She isn't there really.

I have only one appt. that's when I reserve a car. Other than that they call I go pay so I was left to walk home with my 3 special needs adopted kids and they kept me there forever. I have no clue what they were doing. If you look at the receipt they took payment, call me back, ask me for more then call me back and ask me for a dollar. Anyhow Carry got mad and took the car because I ask her to fix the insurance thing. She slapped it on the counter and left, never fixed it and till this day Enterprise has not reached out to me. My rental agreement clearly shows I declined coverage and she refuse to fix it. It was A mistake. It was nobody's fault. I blamed nobody. I just wanted it fixed so they tricked me by keeping me in the office paying three different amounts. Why they got my kids out the car and took the keys.

She said I need to check the miles. When I got the car it had no gas. In fact light was blinking. A fresh detailed car while I have video proof of what it looked like and I had the back seat completely detailed. Not cool. Sure made me think about what that ** man said a few weeks prior after this leaving me stranded, tricking me in the store and taking a fresh car full tank of gas. Well my 3 adopted kids are **. I'm hurt because till this day I have no clue what I did. The more I thought about it I got very close to one of the employees there. My daughter had gone missing in June. She was held against her will. I drive a Subaru Impreza WRX. It sticks out in the ghetto where I live. I also drive and own 2004 mustang conv. gt 40th anniv. that also sticks out. My Subaru has been vandalized on a couple occasions by a group of kids my daughter had problems with. This is why I rented a car.

If you look at my rental history I only rent suv's. I knew if I rented this cheap car nobody would expect me to drive this. So anyhow I wanted to search and find my 17 year old daughter. She was found safe at home. I went in to tell the girl at Enterprise my daughter was found. She is beat pretty bad but alive safe with me. We walked outside and talked a bit. I told them I was turning the car in soon as the hospital said she was ready to come home and I was going to go see her that Wed. So I didn't get to go see her because the car was taken.

I want to stress the receipt the day they took the car it was 311.00 then they wanted 4 dollars then a dollar and change. I want the insurance money they took off my card and I used my Discover to rent the car but one day paid with my debit card over the phone. All the debits they did I didn't authorize because they were suppose to credit my card 500.00 and some change to my card from the insurance fees they were taking or use it as 500 pre paid for the rental.

Had to rent a car for my daughter thru insurance as she got in a car accident. They gave me an suv and said it was 40 a day, nothing about not including taxes. I was vulnerable and needed a car, didn't look at fine print or I would have gotten a cheaper car. Now they say I owe taxes above the 40 a day. They cheated me and should not get away with it. I will never rent from them again.

My daughter had to rent another vehicle because the adjuster from Country Preferred Insurance is dragging his feet about doing all the repair work on her car after one of their insured ran a red light and hit her, and her car isn't done yet. Enterprise Rent A Car said they had a car reserved for her and when she arrived, there was no car. And in addition, even though she is over 25, has a valid driver's license and credit card, they tried to say she had to have a pay stub and a utility receipt. As if people even carry such a thing like that around. Does it surprise anyone that these two companies work together?

While traveling in Mississippi with an all-star baseball team my truck became immobilized due to a transmission problem. With me were my wife and grandson and we were stranded at a gas station. Not knowing the area and feeling kind of apprehensive about the surroundings, we called Enterprise "to pick us up". We were told that since it was Saturday and after hours they didn't have anyone available. The person on the phone told us that we could "walk into the airport" and rent one (the airport was about 10 miles away).

When I asked if the local store had an "emergency" number to call on Saturday or Sunday she said, "No sir, we have to go home sometimes too!" I told her she should take that commercial off TV that because they will only pick you up when they are open. The next morning I arranged a trip to the airport where I rented a car, certainly not at Enterprise, at National where they were kind and helpful. Never again will I rent from Enterprise.

Good Day All: I have been renting cars from this location since the Beginning of the year, and the Customer Service I've gotten from Mr **- the Manager, Justin **, My #1 store Rep. and a number of other Associates there I can name that have assist in Justin's absence are A Great Team!!! It has Always been very pleasant working with Them. They go above and beyond to get you into the vehicle of your needs, and your choice, at great rates you all offer, and with the most warming and clean atmosphere.

This Location has an Awesome Crew of Wonderful Staff, who I have always found and sat and watched execute some of the Highest Levels of Great Customer Service Skills... Trust in My field of work and dealing with the Public this is not the easiest job to render. I refer this location to All My family and friends, co-workers, Reader, and Haters. Other Rental companies offering better rates. I don't think they could give this type of Customer Service, so I continue my Business with John Young Orlando Enterprise Rental Car. The #1 Location.

Completely inept and unable to process a simple insurance claim from Allstate concerning rental car coverage that I pay for. Accident on Monday, it is now almost Thursday and still no rental car. Allstate wants to blame Enterprise, Enterprise wants to blame Allstate and neither company care about making the customer feel appreciated or wanted. I AM CHANGING INSURANCE COMPANIES AND WILL NEVER USE ENTERPRISE.

Enterprise car rental West Bromwich West Midlands, do not ever hire a vehicle from these people as they scam. When returned the vehicle they refused to re-pay the £200 deposit. Said it would be paid back in 5 days. Then made out there was a chip in the wheel, then sent an invoice for a further £165. When I rang asking for details they wouldn't tell me anything. I asked for a complete breakdown of the damage and receipts of work and parts etc. None of which was received, then 2 months later they ring and ask me for the rest of the money. So again I ask for all relevant receipts and paperwork as they still have my £200 deposit. Total scammers.

I rented a car from Enterprise from October 31st until January 12, 2016. Their Manager Logan, he was very rude and very racist. He asked questions that were not be asked, since I was supposed to be a "star customer" all the years that I rented with them. While picking up the car I wanted, he kept looking at his friend like saying, that he was amazed that I picked the car I selected. He kept asking me if I was sure I wanted that car. At the end of the rental, they over charged me $91.00 for fees that I never heard about. I kept calling the Regional Manager, named Lee, to ask him about the dissatisfaction I had with the experience and he kept ignoring me. If you don't want to get an very negative response, stay away from ENTERPRISE. The worst rental company in the world!!!

I'm trying to get a 19.00 dollar reimbursement from when I rented a car as my car was totaled. When I went to the agency at Jarrett Ford in Haines City Florida, I was told the car that was reserved for me was not available. They would have to upgrade to a larger car and I would pay the difference. Being over a barrel I did since I needed a car. I used my credit card. 2 things the type of car I needed should have been there, and if not, I should have not paid anything for the upgrade.

I did not reserve the car, the insurance companies did. So after I was able to find a car I could purchase, I requested, and gave my email to the Jarrett Ford office. I have still not received a bill to submit for reimbursement to the insurance company. I would like this matter resolved. Thank you. I have been a pretty good customer for your rental car agency but this lack of follow up, and the lack of deals you send me that are of no use in the cities I'm traveling to, I might have to rethink my loyalty.

I didn't get my deposit yet even they promised me to refund three weeks ago. After I call the customer service, the rep was very rude and told me the office was just an affiliate of Enterprise and it was not their business, then I was left alone. Also, be careful their quotation, because they will add extra cost on the quotation without telling you. So you will end up paying much more than what you have already been told.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.
  • Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.
  • Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.
  • Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.
  • Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.
  • Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.
  • Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.
  • Best for Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

Compare Rental Cars