Enterprise Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The last time I rented a car from Enterprise they didn't have the car on the lot when I got there. He said someone is bringing the car over from another lot. I waited for a while and said I have and appointment I have to be at. By the time the car arrived I was running late for my appointment. Unfortunately I sped off to my appointment and received a flash from a speed camera and ended up with a speeding ticket in the mail. This would not have happened if Enterprise had a car on the lot.

I have used rental cars for both short term (renting for a week while on vacation) and long trips (driving from New England to Florida). I have tried several rental agencies and now always rent from Enterprise. They don't always seem to be the "cheapest" but after putting up with hidden fees, overbearing cs agents, picayune drop off inspections, etc., Enterprise is a bargain and staff helpful and friendly.

The location on 619 E Fordham Rd, Bronx, NY 10458 is never on time with your reservation, staff and manager ** kept coming up with poor excuses why they are never on time. When I complained to staff and him, he became upset and canceled the reservation on his own accord. Customer service here ruined my Valentine's Day. Not only that but if you rent an economy, they try to shove you a gas guzzling SUV.

I am writing this for my step-daughter, whose mom just passed away on Jan 28th 2017. As A long time platinum member with enterprise, Janice offered to give her points to her step-sister, Tammy who lives in TN so she could drive the 14 hours to come to NJ. Janice really needed Tammy and her 2 young nephews to be there at this sad time, but understood the expense would be a hardship to the family, so was overjoyed that the Enterprise points policy allowed the exchange of ones points between friends and family.

Janice, is a long time member with Enterprise as her job requires quite a bit of travel and she rented from them on average twice a month up until they recently lost her company's contract because of a host of issues. However, she had far more than enough points to take the burden off her sister and make it more affordable, so the decision was made for her to make the trip after renting a vehicle from the Lexington, TN branch of Enterprise. Using their online system, Tammy signed up and became a member, she was now eligible to receive Janice's points.

Only one problem. Enterprise's membership points website was down. And remained down. A phone call did nothing but confirm that the system was down and there was nothing they could do until it came back up. The service for Janice's mom was set for the next day, so Tammy rented the vehicle and made the drive. We all thought, when the system finally came up, Enterprise would simply apply Janice's points when Tammy turned the car in a few days later back in Lexington TN. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.

After many phone calls, emails, and general run around by their corporate office. The official verdict appears to be "Gee, we are sorry for your loss, but you are screwed on your rental. Once you rent the car, that's it." Even though it is THEIR fault the points system website was down for days, and no one we talked to could manually transfer the points...

It was days in between email responses, and in the end they did not step up and do the right thing. They kicked the decision back to the Lexington branch and said that the decision was theirs; and they had already stated that because the transaction had already been completed that there was nothing they could do. Isn't it a shame that death does not work around the inconvenient down time of a web server. And shame on a company that treats its customers with so little compassion, let alone a long standing platinum member. Shame on Enterprise. I would have given them less than one star if I could have.

When I applied, a week ago to rent a car from Enterprise on Boulder highway in Las Vegas NV. My stupid girlfriend had the car and came in too late to turn it back in and the place had closed. I tried calling the place 30 minutes before they closed and no answer. When I finally got the car back from her sorry **, I got charged 715 dollars. 362 of those dollars was to get the car but this woman there said my card was declined. How you going to rent me a car if my card didn't go through. And tell me I got 24 hours to get the money or they coming by with the police.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

The gentlemen working at the Grand Rapids Michigan Plainfield establishment were helpful. They picked me up from the auto body shop, brought me through a Starbucks for coffee and were amazing with their customer service.

I don't ever rent a car on purpose, it is covered by my insurance whenever my car is not drivable due to mechanical or body work and Enterprise is the company of their choice, which I haven't had much complaint about until the last time. First off they knew ahead of time the date and time of drop off for my car. They were to meet me there, take me to the closest branch office and check out a car to me. By the prior arrangements a car was already reserved for me, it was a Chrysler 300, which I was fine with. The day comes, I am at the shop dropping off my car and Enterprise has not arrived yet. I don't know where the closest one to this shop is. I do all the paperwork and they still aren't there. The shop had called to remind them right after I walked in the door and remarked that Enterprise was not outside. I waited and waited and, you get the picture. The shop calls them again, says they will send someone right over.

Finally, 30 minutes later he pulls up in a minivan, no "sorry" or explanation, but he was very nice and a complete gentleman. We get to the branch, RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, I could have walked to it and if I had known it was that close I would have, and I figure great, in and out. Wrong, it is very busy inside, but I figured my wait of one and a half hours at the shop would put me in front, wrong again. Both my driver and I had to wait until there was an open check out/in spot before we could start. On the way over I had told him how pleased I was that I was getting a large car because I had to take my dogs to the vet and I had Great Danes. He had told me that pets were not allowed in rentals. That's the first and only time I have ever heard that.

Anyhow by the time we finally got to me and I finally got my car, he never said a word about the car I was getting so I just assumed that there was no problem and one thing would go right. My car was in the shop getting fixed after being sideswiped by a VW Jetta. The next thing you know someone brings around the car I will be driving for the next week. Guess what it is? Yeah, I think he did it on purpose for two reasons, he didn't want my dogs in their car and figured that they wouldn't fit and for a joke. It wasn't what they had reserved for me. It was a brand new, bright red VW Jetta! Returning it is another horror story for another day.

My car was hit by a deer. I called Progressive (my insurance) and they were very prompt in getting a rental while my car was in the shop. Enterprise was the rental company they used. I returned the rental in same condition it was received when mine was finished. A few weeks later I received a bill for $522.50 for damages to rental car. I called Enterprise to see damages to rental, but was told no. I then called Progressive to ask what was going on only to be told it's between myself and Enterprise.

Paid $500.00 for deductible, and would be another $500.00 deductible if I chose to make a claim. So now I'm stuck with paying $522.50 more so as not to be reported and damaging my credit. Cost to get attornies to fight it would be much larger. Slim screwed. Enterprise knows this and gets away with charging people for damages that didn't occur. This is illegal and immoral, but they are immoral and corrupt as a company. If by chance you need to rent a car, PLEASE, PLEASE go with another rental company. It's not worth the lies and charges they are going to RAPE you with. Extremely unprofessional!!!

I had dropped off my vehicle at my dealership for a few days and a vehicle was going to be provided since this was warranty work by GM. The dealership had all of their loaner cars out so they sent me over to Enterprise. Because I was having GM warranty work performed, the contract with GM and Enterprise calls for only a GM car to be rented to their customer. They kept me waiting 45 minutes and no GM cars were available. I was shipped off to another Enterprise location where they put me in a Camaro. The vehicle is so low to the ground that I could barely get in and out without straining myself. Not a good experience!

I just wanted to share my last experience with this company which was extremely disappointing. After having booked and paid online one of their vehicles, the car was not released and we were given no alternative than to find our way to the business meeting we were heading. At our arrival to the airport, a shuttle took us to their rental point, around 10-15 min from the airport. They had an office at the airport, but it was not meant for people that were not arriving by flight. A kind driver took us there without any major problems. Once in the office, we were received by a surprisingly friendly lady, who later happened to be the manager of the store. That was the only positive thing that we found there.

At the counter, everything seemed fine. Our booking had been confirmed through an email, we brought all the paperwork need for this agreement and the girl behind the desk was just doing the process. However, even though it was described in their terms and conditions, they refused to accept a proof of address as the required ID check to pay with Debit Card. They conducted a search on one of their databases, which failed without any given reason. No one there cared about providing a solution, nor explained why was this happening. The manager came around to only click the button again and show the red light, with a completely robotic attitude.

One of my colleagues had a credit card with her, which was also refused as it was not in the name of the main driver, nor was she accepted to be put in the contract in any way, as she had not her driving license with her. At the end, we were not given any solution apart from an apology from the manager, which was completely useless, and a ride back to the terminal. CONCLUSION: Do not trust their written terms and conclusion on their webpage, and try any other company! We solved our situation with Sixt without any problem and in a very efficient way.

It's a good place to rent a car from. Just wish they had more all wheel drives since I live in the Northwestern states, but service is good. The personnel are kind and very helpful and I would go back again and the store is very nice and clean and so are their rental cars. Keep up the great job.

My car had been wrecked and my insurance helped pay for a rental. The people at Enterprise came and picked me up! The customer service rep. was a very nice man and got me into a vehicle quickly. When I found the car I wanted to buy I was able to leave the rental at the dealership. I would say I had a great experience!

I rented a mid-size car and it was to be delivered to my location at 930. I had a meeting at 11. At 945 still no car. At 10, I call them and they said they're running a little behind schedule today but it should be there in the next 15 min. 30 min later still no car. I call again and they started to get rude with me. Long story short, my SSR arrived at 1240. Didn't make the meeting.

I am a faithful royalty rewards member of Enterprise. I usually rent from the Oviedo Florida local branch (which is excellent!) and I drop the vehicle off in Altamonte Springs Florida (very unprofessional). Over the course of one-two years I've experienced so many issues that enterprise should be throwing a car at me at no cost to keep. I won't rant about past issues with previous rentals BUT I will speak on the most current one. So I rented a Jeep from enterprise in Oviedo with my points. When I get there I'm held up for 2 hours (this is not the first time) and at no fault of their own. Apparently the Oviedo location could not see my points to honor the free days.

They called the Enterprise hotline and spoke to about 10 different people who had no idea on how to fix the problem. Finally Oviedo they agreed to take car of it. However I had to use the app or go online to make another reservation. I did that and once again the website was giving me an error message, would not recognize any of my credentials, and gave me another message saying the site was under reconstruction. I used the app and it wouldn't recognize my credentials. I called the 1-800# and had to have a rep give me a temporary password. Was able to log in. Oviedo managed to have all my points restored BUT it would require me to log out, again.

I logged out and logged back in. System wouldn't recognize my credentials, again. Had to call the 1 800#, again. Managed to get back in my account. Points were there. I asked Oviedo if they could honor me a free rental for a month due to all the inconveniences I experienced with Enterprise in the last year. I was told to call corporate. I call corporate and they, of course, kicked it back to Oviedo. Long story short the only thing Oviedo was able to do for me was honor me with a free day. Mind you this is not the first time I've been held in the local location for over an hour after making a reservation.

I'm still in the rental. The manager at the Oviedo location informed me that they would not charge me and not to worry. I was supposed to return the rental yesterday but heeded to extend it because my little girl was at school sick. I now take the vehicle to the ALTAMONTE SPRINGS FLORIDA location. I specifically asked IF I could extend my rental and how much would it be. I was told $33.00 for another day. I specifically said "ok run my card". The guy did his thing on the computer and told me I was good to go.

I called the ALTAMONTE SPRINGS FLORIDA location this morning realizing ok I need another day again. A woman, very ratchet and unprofessional, answered the phone. My volume was up because I can barely hear. As I'm explaining to this woman I need an extension she tells me there is no deposit on my account so I would have to pay another $200 deposit. I asked her how is that possible and when did that happen because I was not told that yesterday when I extended the vehicle. She then starts yelling and telling me to stop yelling. I explain my volume is high. I turned the volume down. She still had a very nasty attitude.

I then asked to speak to a manager or the person I previously dealt with. I hear her talking to the guy who did my rental but she wouldn't put him on the phone. I tell the rep either she can put me on the phone with a supervisor or give me the number to the corporate office if not I'll just have to come down there. She violently tells me "oh please do come down here. I want you to come down here. I dare you". I finally got a chance to speak to him. This guy had the audacity to tell me he took the money out of my deposit as a "courtesy" because he saw I was still in the positive. I NEVER asked him to take the money out of the deposit. I specifically asked to run my card. So now the $143.00 that I was supposed to get back is about $69.00.

He then tells me, "I can run your card again". Like "Wtf? NO! You CANNOT run my card again because I don't give you permission to. When I did authorize you to run my card YOU decided to take it out of my deposit instead WITHOUT my permission". This location still has not given my the number to their corporate office. I have to drop this vehicle off and request a ride home. I know they are going to be ghetto and tell me sorry no one is available. Enterprsie corporate you owe me and all of your customers that you have inconvenienced with your practices and local offices with unprofessional ghetto customer service. I will be pushing for a rental for a long period of time at no charge. Deleting my account with Enterprise as of today. Highly disgusted!!!

I had to go to Enterprise - there were only 2 car rentals who offered handicapped rentals. Their selections were no good. I did not have a choice, but they did pick me up and drop me off. The other did not. It was Avis. Sad only 2 places that helped the handicapped when their cars are broken.

Rented a Buick Encore. I believe that was what it was. An SUV and every was great except that I was stunned at how small the cargo area was. Other than that it was the best rental service that I have ever had.

A week prior my husband made a call to Enterprise to book a car for Thursday 19th January 2017. He gave my bank details and our home address, including his DOB. A couple of days later I received a call from Birkenhead Branch asking to speak to my husband. I ask who it was, and was told because ** used to work for them they needed to go through some extra security. I replied by telling him that was my son of the same name, and went to say he hadn't lived here for many years. I gave my husband's name, DOB and address, and asked for adviser to put my number on the reservation as my husband has mental health and gets very distressed and vulnerable, and making a joke the fact the dealer would be able to up sell. I also requested the my husband be picked up from our home address.

The first hint of lack diligence was the advisor providing me with my son's personal details, a severe breach of confidentiality and DPA. The following day, when I seen my son, I said "guess what happened yesterday" and explained what had happened. On the 19th an ECH employee did in fact pick my husband up and take him to Birkenhead Branch, where he produced his driving licence and filled in paperwork. The following day the car was returned without incident. Once again another car was hired for the following Thursday, as my husband duty is to pick up our grandson from school. This time he used his own bank card. I rang the office sometime in the week and asked if somebody could pick him up at lunch time instead, so we could make more use of the car. I stated once again at home address.

Thursday 26th January 2017 time was ticking on and my husband became more and more anxious. So he rang Enterprise, who informed him that they had already been out to...(which is my son address). They said they would get somebody to pick him up asap to collect the car. In the meantime my son had rang his dad, saying his wife a lawyer, had been called at work asking where she wanted the car delivered. She flipped and rang my son and to my understanding told the Birkenhead Branch not to hand the car over to my husband. We never thought that much about it, a simple human or system error, and was happy to leave it be. However the allegations got worst from a senior staff member in branch insinuating that the only way they got the details is a fraudulent driving licence and giving false details. This is where it gets even stranger, the car was still released to my husband!!!

I rang the police for advice, as this is a serious allegation. The Merseyside Police also said, "it sounds like a system error due to both names being the same." I rang Enterprise several times. The staff in the contact center were so helpful, professional and were upset that their standards of customer service were so shockingly low and promised to get to the bottom of it. The following morning I rang the branch again, for answers and the same ludicrous, remarks were being suggested, "but it's OK madam, weren't got going to take any action." I'm sorry but that in itself is not professional. I have a serious neurological condition which is triggered by stress, and this certainly did.

Eventually I got through to Area manager. She too agreed with me, but couldn't for the love of her work out how my son's wife phone number was on the account. However after speaking to my son's wife and son, they stated that the area manger had CTV footage and were filing a criminal case, as there had been 5 cars hired in my son's details in the last 12 months. The following day once again many many phone calls to various different people, some were very supportive and others seemed to be less understanding or unwilling to discuss the matter. I went with my husband to return the car, and asked he waited outside as he has severe social anxiety and doesn't cope well in some social situations.

With the key and bank card, I was meet instantly with hostility. Original speaking with junior member of the team who had breached confidentiality to me several times became increasingly rude and defensive. My husband came and shouted as he hurt that his own son would believe he was capable of doing such a thing, and angry that Enterprise aren't trying to put things right. I asked who I believe to be branch manager to show exactly what happened. She said that man over there gave her my son details and driving licence with my son's address on. That is a pretty big acquisition to make, and even though my son's wife had allegedly informed them that the details are fraudulent and not to release the car to my husband she still handed the keys over.

I noticed CTV, and said "my son's wife had been told that you have CTV. We can resolve this right now, let's check it out." I was told they couldn't. We went into the office myself and two senior members of staff. We all tried our best to work out what had happened. Their theories were my husband wanted to please my son so much and thought he may not be able to hire a car from Enterprise he decided to use his son's. There is no reason whatsoever why he wouldn't be able to hire a car. To forging a licence and putting my son's details on. They reassured me "it's OK, a simple mistake, it's not crime of the century, and your husband can still continue to hire a car each from us until April."

Now come on, that's just nuts. The situation has divided our family. We aren't allowed to see our grandson. The impact is absolutely huge, given the fact the only reason the car was hired was to pick our grandson up. My daughter no longer wants to go ahead with the baby's christening as both my sons were meant to godparents. The effect on all our health. Enterprise have established that they did have my son's details on the system from when he and his wife hired a car in USA last year, and eventually looking into the matter. Both area managers have been supportive to date. We still don't have 100% definitive apology and explanation to what has happened. But I have been reassured that a full investigation is taking place to ascertain the facts and timeline.

Out of all the staff in Birkenhead Branch there was only one person who demonstrated professionalism and authenticity and even apologized if she had anything to do with the mix up. A wonderful young women Amy. In fact my husband was touched by genuine positive regard he rang head office to say what a brilliant staff member they have. This needed if ever got this far. From initial phone call and incorrect data being put in (easy mistake when the names are the same). The call from office junior about extra security didn't update the system and breached confidentiality. Accused of committing Identity theft yet still allowed to take an expensive vehicle out and continue to hire for the future. Appalling customer service. No doubt my husband has possibly driven with our grandson in the car uninsured even though he had been upsold further insurance. Lack of due diligence. Staff not checking driving licence properly.

I spent days having $565 charge removed from my credit card. Chad ** in Lexington, VA office billed to me despite knowing auto insurer responsible and intended to pay. When I questioned, ** represented he gave me credit when he didn't. Causes other Enterprise employees to oppose my credit card dispute even after insurer paid Enterprise! Thereafter, ** lied about agreement to credit. Enterprise employees in corporate office refused to help me, despite my thorough documentation and Enterprise's lack thereof. I prevailed but it took me days and ** refused to come clean, even when evidence of his misrepresentations was incontrovertible. Enterprise also overbilled my rental in excess of $100. I have never before had such an experience with a business or merchant.

Make sure you have more than 1 car choice when renting. Enterprise has always treated us well and fair. They have a good selection and fair prices. Also they are open early and close later. They have good customer service.

I rented a midsize car from Enterprise, while I was going over the vehicle with the training assistant manager I noticed a small dent on the right front fender, I mentioned this to Victor as I saw another small scratch on the hood. I was told by Victor that they were not concerned with small scratches like on the hood or small dents on the fender because they were under 3" long. I returned the car the following Monday. The Assistant Manager Luis brought the dent to my attention. I told him I showed this to Victor the day I rented the car and what I was told. They would not release me from the rental unless I gave them my insurance policy number which I did.

I received my invoice from the rental for the 7 day fee with an additional 500.00 dollars charged on my Visa for deductible. I have called Enterprise Corporate and am in the process of filing a formal complaint with them for misleading (lying about their policy). I am requesting my Farmers Insurance to investigate this. I have anxiety and now feeling like I have been taken advantage of by a known corporation that is lacking sincere honest employees. For all I know I was set up to be the scapegoat when I brought this to their attention.

We had contracted to rent a Toyota, but when we showed up, they had a Ford on deck for us. The car only had a quarter tank of gas, which was noted on the rental agreement. We drove to Dubuque, Iowa from Southington, Connecticut, where we turned the car in with a quarter tank of gas, but they charged for filling the tank at exorbitant per gallon prices. Our protestations were met with rudeness. Renting a Penske truck for our return journey was a much more pleasurable experience.

Never Rent a Car from Any Rental Car Services at the Eppley airport. Absolute horrible. My father in law tried to rent a car from them. "Enterprise" it turned out to have a flat. Rather than give him a upgraded replacement. They treated him like a criminal even calling the cops on him cause he flipped when they wanted him to pay for the flat. Mind you he didn't even make it to the lights when you leave the rental garage. And of course me and my fiance refuse to even rent a car in Omaha anymore cause they won't take a debit card. We no longer carry credit cards. We were forced to buy another car rather than rent to travel anymore. NON stop hassles we have gotten from all the rental car places here in Omaha. Advise ** them and get your own travel car. These people do not give a ** about anyone but a credit card.

I was told a location would be open on a Sunday for return in Jacksonville NC yet when we showed up it wasn't and they charged me almost an extra 100 dollars for one day! Won't used them again unless it's insurance related!

Every time I have rented from Enterprise I have had superior service in every City and State I have rented from. They honestly have the absolute best customer service here in St. George, Utah. I rent from them often and will continue every time I need a rental car.

I called (716) 565-5400 to change something on my reservation for a vehicle twice. Both times Enterprise hung up on me. If you book with Enterprise, leave enough time to make changes. You could waste several hours trying to get hold of anyone at the rental company.

I am used to a small car, but I was not given a choice. I got a Jeep and I felt like I was driving a tank. I was so afraid of having an accident in it that I got the insurance, which normally I would not have done.

I had a friendly smiling man that rented me the car. In Louisville, and in Cincinnati OH I dropped it off and it was easy. They had a van to take you to the Airport. In Florida I needed a bigger automobile but I had a rough time getting my card to work. Then she cancelled my already rental, before I got another car so I paid a day for a car I didn't use. Then the manager and Teller that cancelled my paid rental were trying to get me to rent another car. It was unfair. I got upset and quietly left, and had forgotten my things in the car I had rented.

Enterprise is all about getting as much money out of a person as they can. If a person rents a car at 4pm on Monday & returns it on 3pm on Tuesday, Enterprise charges for 2 days, when it's only 1 day. They are very little about service. Enterprise is trying to get a monopoly, and is the worse of all rental car companies.

I was in a wreck. The person who hit me had Nationwide as their insurance and through them I was given an Enterprise rental. I should not have had to pay ANYTHING! NOTHING! Enterprise charged me a 50$ deposit and I was told it would be returned. Then when I returned car they charged me a 38$ who knows what fee without even telling me! So 88$ in fees when the wreck was not my fault and it's them who have the policy with Nationwide!

I called and was told they had the size car I needed. I drove 20 miles to pick it up and was told there was a mistake and they did not have one. They apologized but offered nothing to solve my problem. Never again.

Compare Rental Cars