2. Travel

Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5
Based on 1,891 ratings submitted in the last year

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a global car rental company with more than 8,000 locations. Customers can rent cars, SUVs, trucks, minivans, vans, exotic cars and moving trucks. Frequent renters can enroll in its Enterprise Plus program to get benefits like points earned for every rental, free rental days and members-only check-in.

BOTTOM LINE

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a reputable car rental company with locations all across the world. It offers a wide selection of safe and reliable cars for just about any budget.

PROS

• Offers rental cars for any budget
  • One-way or long-term rentals
  • Wide selection of cars

CONS

• Cars may have high mileage

Top Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

I dealt with Enterprise in Oakville on the South Service Road. I must say that Joe ** and his staff were outstanding. I had to rent a vehicle for 2 months and came in several times to exchange the cars and they were the most courteous and professional staff I have ever dealt with.

From start to finish I enjoyed a hassle-free experience. The reservation web site is easy to use, the prices are reasonable, and the folks are super-nice… Stephen, picked me up at my home and took care of everything right there in the car at Enterprise... Stephen and Erin, in particular, are great r

What is Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a global vehicle rental service company that offers a wide selection of vehicles to travelers or those who need a short-term vehicle.

Drivers can find an Enterprise rental location in most major airports and other locations throughout the country. If you use rental cars regularly, you can subscribe to Enterprise and take advantage of benefits such as access to a range of vehicles and insurance, maintenance and roadside assistance for just one monthly payment. Subscribing with Enterprise also lets you swap out vehicles up to four times in a month.

From compact sedans to minivans, trucks and luxury cars, Enterprise makes it easy to reserve, rent and return rental cars across the country.

How does Enterprise work?

The first step in renting a car through Enterprise is the reservation process. As you browse its online inventory of rental cars, you’re asked to input information such as:

• The type of car you want
  • Pickup location
  • Drop off location
  • Pickup/drop off dates
  • Additional coverage options
  • Added features (car seats, GPS, snow chains)

Once you’ve input this information, Enterprise will produce a list of vehicles that meet your needs.

Picking up the car
Once you’ve made your reservation, pick up your rental car on the predetermined date at an Enterprise location. An agent helps you locate the car on the property and do a walkthrough to take note of any damages or issues with the car before you take it. After signing some paperwork, you’re free to take the car for your agreed-upon rental.
Additional options
During the reservation process, you will sign a damage waiver that covers minor damage to the rental car such as scratches or dents. This is an optional protection plan, but any minor damages to the rental car will come out of pocket if you choose not to sign a damage waiver.

Drivers can also add personal accident insurance or personal effects coverage at the time of their rental for an additional daily charge. These insurances are optional, and the cost varies based on the location where you are renting the car.

If you are worried about losing your keys, running out of gas, or getting locked out of your car, you can add roadside assistance protection to your reservation so that you aren't charged out of pocket for these roadside incidents.

Returning the car
When it is time to return the car, drive it to the predetermined drop off location. During drop off, an Enterprise agent will perform a walk-through inspection again to ensure the car has not been damaged.

The agent will also check that the car has been refueled. If you choose not to fill up the gas tank, you will be charged the company’s gas rate, which is usually more expensive than the local pump price. If you are picking up a rental car at the airport, you can prepay for fuel, which lets you return the car without worrying about filling it up.

If you need your rental car for a few days longer, you can call the Enterprise location and ask if the car is available for an extension. There are no penalties for returning your car early, but you can only return your car to a non-airport location during business hours. Enterprise locations within the airport usually allow returns after hours.

How to rent a car with Enterprise

To secure a rental car, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable form of payment and meet the rental location’s minimum age requirements. Most rental locations set their minimum driver age at 25 but may allow drivers between 21 and 24 to rent a car with a “youthful driver surcharge” of $20 a day. You will also be required to put down a deposit that varies by location.

Enterprise car rental price

The cost of your rental car depends on a variety of factors, including how long you have the car, what type of car you choose, your rental location and any insurance or additional products you select. Below are a few examples of the most common types of rental car selections and the cost for a week.

VehicleCost
Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar)$256 a week
Luxury car (Cadillac XTS or similar)$282 a week
Premium SUV (Chevy Suburban or similar)$464 a week
Luxury elite SUV (Land Rover Discovery or similar)$468 a week

Other costs to consider when renting a car include local taxes, damage waivers, accident insurance, roadside protection and additional equipment, such as car seats or a GPS.

Enterprise FAQ

What does Enterprise car rental insurance cover?
Enterprise offers three different tiers of car rental insurance. There is the basic damage waiver that covers minor damages to the car, the personal accident insurance that covers the driver and the passengers in the car if there's an accident and the personal effects coverage that covers the driver, any passengers in the car and drivers of other vehicles if you’re liable.
What time does Enterprise open?
Most Enterprise locations open at 6 a.m., but this can vary between locations, so it's important to check before you rent a car.
What time does Enterprise close?
Some locations close at 5 p.m., while others are open much later. Operating hours depend on the location.
What kind of cars does enterprise rent?
Enterprise offers a wide variety of cars in different makes, models and sizes. Drivers can rent an economy car, pickup truck, sedan, SUV or luxury vehicle.
Does Enterprise own other rental car companies?
Yes. Enterprise is the parent company of National Car Rental, Alamo Rent a Car, and Enterprise CarShare.

Is Enterprise a good car rental company?

Enterprise offers a wide selection of high-end vehicles in hundreds of locations across the country. It rents many newer model cars that get regular maintenance and cleaning. The company’s high number of locations makes it a convenient choice if you need to rent a car for short- or long-term use.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent-A-Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I want to give a shout out to Jaila ** (Rental Mgt Trainee) at Enterprise Rental. Jaila was working with my insurance company to prepare a rental for me. She called me the night before to ask me some questions in prep to pick a vehicle the following day. Jaila was extremely pleasant and very professional. It was like I've known her for a long time because her disposition over the phone was CLASS A. My daughter and I went to Enterprise the following morning and met with Jaila. She was just a nice as she was the night before.

Jaila was very detailed, kind, friendly and extremely professional. My daughter looked at me and said "Dad...shes' extremely professional." Jaila, keep up the awesome job... You going to be a great manager and because of your kindness and professionalism, I believe that customers like me will never forget the great experience when they come in contact with you, and will become a lifetime customer of Enterprise. HAPPY CUSTOMER!!! :). Don

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Don, we're very happy we could provide you with such a positive experience! We'll pass along your comments to our upper management team over our locations in Michigan! Thank you for choosing Enterprise! We hope to see you again soon! - Carol H.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Went to Enterprise rental this morning 2 Fisherman drive in Brampton Ontario. I had gotten into an accident the night before and did not call in to reserve a vehicle. It was very busy and the employees were racing around trying to get everyone on their way. When Ryan served me, he had informed me that there were no vehicles here at the moment for me. Without hesitation Ryan called another location and had me in a car in 20 min. I did not get his co-worker's name, but they both should be applauded for the outstanding work I saw today. I would recommend this rental location to anyone in the area looking for a vehicle and good service. Great job gentlemen. Keep up the great work.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Robert, thank you for the awesome compliment. It's great to hear you received such great service from Ryan. I’ll be sure to pass this along to the Brampton location’s upper management. We look forward to seeing you next time. –Carol

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Enterprise Car Rental service is one of the best that I have experienced. They are locally accessible throughout my city and airport locations. I’ve always been able to reserve a vehicle even at difficult time with limited availability. Often times, if I have difficulty with online reservations due to high rental demands, I am able to visit my local branch and secure a vehicle. The vehicles are always top quality, clean and in excellent operating condition. The customer service is always top notched! Like most rental agencies, they offer pick up and drop off services. During this time of COVID19 pandemic, they exercise strict social distancing policies and assure that the vehicles are cleaned and sanitised at pick up time. All transactions are touch-free and secure. Also, the Enterprise Plus member’s perks are excellent, members receive periodic updates of rental services and points earned. I have received free car rental upgrades and other discounts.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I had to rent a car because the transmission went out in mine. I booked the reservation through Hotwire.com. I called to verify the booking and they were extremely helpful. They even came to pick me up from home to get the rental. After the first week I had to extend, so they extended it for another week for a weekly rate with no problems. The tire pressure light began to come on and Enterprise had me take it to Tire Discount to diagnose and there was a nail in one of the tires. Enterprise told me to just come switch it out. Had the car switched out in no more than 20 minutes. I had that car for another week. I had absolutely NO issues! They were prompt every time I called and had excellent customer service. I love Enterprise and they will forever be my go to when I need a rental.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Tameshia, thanks for taking the time to share your great rental experience with us! We'll be sure to pass this compliment along. See you next time! - Carol H.

Original review: July 18, 2020

The rental car experience was wonderful. No surprise there. We rent a car several times per year and most often from Enterprise. However, the return experience prompted me to write this review. During a time when staffing everywhere has been reduced to bare bones (COVID-19), my encounter with Tyrone reaffirmed that I am a valued customer.

Tyrone was talking leisurely with another employee when I drove up to return my car. He jumped up and held his hand up as if to say, "Hold that thought," to his co-worker. He was at my door before I was out of the car. He was polite and professional in every way. After he checked me out, he asked who was picking me up and directed me to a nearby location. I mentioned that my husband was a few minutes behind me, and Tyrone suggested that I do not wait in the heat. He told me where I could wait in the terminal.

But his concern did not stop there. I had forgotten to ask for a written receipt, though I know I would receive one via email. When I flagged him down a few minutes after we had finished, he had already checked another customer out. He said he would need to go into the Enterprise building and retrieve the receipt from the desk clerk. He offered to bring a cold bottle of water to me while I waited. When he returned, he gave me the number of my contract on a business card because I would have to personally request the receipt. He literally walked me to the door of the building to make sure I made it safely.

I was born at the beginning of the Baby Boomer generation, have taught high school 40+ years, and have dealt with a fair share of the younger generation. My experience tells me Tyrone has been raised to respect people and has been trained in the art of customer service. Thank you to Tyrone and to Enterprise for having the insight to hire him.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Melinda, 5., we certainly appreciate your continued business, and are truly honored to have devoted employees like Tyrone on our team. Thanks for choosing Enterprise! – Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

My daughter booked a reservation for a car to go from Chicago to Dubuque after her ride fell through. We had to try twice to get the reservation, now she went to pick it up and was told she couldn’t have a vehicle. We asked the question if she could pick up at Chicago and return in Dubuque and were told yes. All she needed was her flight itinerary they said. Well the airport told her she couldn’t have the car because they only rent to people having round trip tickets. This company gave her no options and after a similar experience myself where I booked with them and then couldn’t get my reservation fulfilled by them, I will never use them again. I will also recommend to anyone asking for a rental to steer clear of this company that doesn’t train their employees to give out correct information and causes stress and anxiety to already stressed out travelers.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your honest review, Jennifer. I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations if you can provide a few more details, we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, and the details of your experience. Thanks. –Carol H.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The rental got a flat & I had to pay a fee for something that wasn't my fault. Adding injury to insult my son has covid & the boiler blew up in my home which all delayed the car being returned 4 days. They don't take cash which made the situation worse. Now I cannot rent another car. There's more to the story...

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Andrea, we appreciate your honest feedback and regret how let down you feel. If we can help you out with your rental, please email Care@Enterprise.com with the complete details, your contact telephone number, and email address. Thank you. –Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

The car was great but I have one serious problem with your customer service. When I'm standing at your service desk I expect to be treated like a valued customer and that did not happen! The issue - the phone rings and the rep takes the call - and suddenly I'm ignored and the person on the phone becomes the valued customer. You need a better way of handling calls. Place them on hold or whatever but don't ever forget who's paying the bills - it's the customer standing at the counter - not the person on the phone.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

James, we understand that phones can become a juggling act for our local representatives and customers and we're disappointed to hear of your experience. If you'd like to speak with us further or provide additional feedback, we're happy to help out. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My family and I recently rented a car from 2055 S Woodland Blvd location in Deland, Fl. We had rented on new years eve and picked up on Monday January 4th 2021. When we had left the car we could not take everything we had packed since we had to rent a smaller car so we left gifts and items in the car thinking it would be watched with cameras and lot would be locked at night. Well everything was stolen from our van. Over 400 dollars worth of items including a nice cross necklace, my brand new weighted blanket and also brand new unopened gifts that we had to leave in underneath storage of the van. It was a very thorough job that they did and when we spoke to corporate they even said that they have filed over 5 police reports and there is nothing they can do. So it would be pointless for us to. So basically it seems like they really do not care about any of your property and possibly that it was an inside job.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

ALEXIS, I assure you our offices do their very best to locate left behind items and return them to their rightful owner promptly. I apologize that you found our service did not meet your expectations. We would like to look into this further but need some more information. Please email the details above, your contact information, exact rental office, and your reservation or rental agreement number to Care@Enterprise.com. Thank you –Carol H.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Arranged a car at ECP using the app. That was confirmed. Got an email to check-in and put in the usual information that you do at the desk. Done. Arrived the next day, no car, no hope of a car, and at that point about 10 other people without cars, at least one of whom booked the car 2 months ago. Agent said they were “overbooked”. They said they would call the next day when a car was available, which of course never happened. My guess is that they’ve been overbooking for months as it was over New Years. They should just say “no cars available at this site for this time”.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

GAYLE, we appreciate your feedback and I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. We would like to look into this further but need some more information. Please email the details of your rental, your contact information, exact rental office, and your reservation or rental agreement number to Care@Enterprise.com. Thank you –Carol H.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company Information