2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.32/5
Based on 2,041 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Enterprise Rent A Car Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I recently rented a vehicle from Enterprise. From picking up the car to dropping it off I had a wonderful experience with this company. I picked up my car in Washington and drove it down to California. With my luck, I got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere in the mountains in California. I called the roadside coverage folks and although there was an issue with my contract both them and the office I picked the car up from worked together (instead of me having to bounce back and forth playing phone tag) to fix the errors to that way I could get the roadside assistance. The roadside assistance crew was amazing and got there pretty quick considering I was about 45 min from the nearest city and they were nice.

After all the bad luck I had on my road trip I decided to turn in my car somewhere other than where I picked it up from which wasn't part of my contract, but both offices were super friendly and helped out and made me aware of all of my options so that way I wouldn't be unknowingly eating any unexpected costs. I fully expected to pay the days I said I was going to have the car because that is what I signed up for, but I ended up getting refunded the days I had remaining. To some of you, that might seem like a silly thing to be excited for, but I cannot count the number of times I had to eat a cost like that. Even though the driving part of my road trip was a bust (at no fault to Enterprise), Enterprise helped make sure I was taken care of.

While I'm sure that all of the Entertprise Rent A Car offices are stellar, I wanted to shout out to the offices in Puyallup WA and Redding CA as well as the RAP folks. Every person in those three offices were stellar, friendly, professional, basically all the positive words you can think of. While I don't see myself road-tripping anytime in the near future, if I have to do it again I will definitely be using Enterprise and I encourage others to do the same.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Allison, thanks for taking the time to share the story of your rental experience with us! It's great to hear you received such great service. We look forward to seeing you next time. –Carol H.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I had recently suffered a death in my family and had to rent a Ford F150 to go home. I had the truck for over 28 days and didn't realize that my discounts were not being applied during the period I was renting. Upon return I had to go to the desk to square things away. This is where I met Enterprise rental Team member extraordinaire "Jayla". I explained my concerns to Jayla and she immediately went to work on my behalf and with a Managers approval she reduced my bill and helped me to roll over into another Ford truck. Jayla spent several minutes working out my entire issue and presented A-1 customer service to me as well. She showed an equal concern as to my situation and my recent loss... Professionalism, Customer care and Compassion are just a few of the words that come to my mind as I reflect on this visit to her counter. Enterprise continues to be my First choice rental agency. I commend Jayla on her her work ethic. She has Enterprise Brand Appeal!!

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Marshall, I am happy to pass your comments and compliments along to our upper management team in Atlanta. For your records my Incident ID is: 33760555. We look forward to seeing you again soon! - Carol H.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2019

What a wonderful and truly exceptional employee you have in Ms Rosie **. My experience was excellent, I actually didn’t rent the car from the Rio Grande, NJ store, but instead was provided a service loaner from Mercedes-Benz of Atlantic City. I was driving to Cape May to for a meeting when I realized the vehicle I was driving (Mercedes GLC 300), had a warning light on the dash on and a beeping noise.

I stopped at the Rio Grande Enterprise for assistances and met with Ms. **. The store was busy and she seemed to be the only one working. I wait only a minute or so and she greeted me. I employ over 100 people and her ability to control the activities going on around her was superior to most. I would like to thank her and Enterprise for the great customer service. FYI. She removed my overweight briefcase from the front passenger seat and the light and beeping stop, I laughed, who knew that the car was trying to tell me to seatbelt my briefcase in.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I was nervous about hiring a car from Heathrow for 13 days and spent weeks researching online and reading reviews. I decided upon Enterprise as they gave me the best price for a small SUV. I was nervous for no reason as the entire experience with Enterprise was fantastic!! My mother and I were picked up from our terminal by the shuttle van. Within 10 mins we were dropped off at the Enterprise office, a lovely young lady had taken my details and asked me to take a seat, another lady took us out to show us the car and all I had to do was sign for it (I had already paid online). The Hyundai Tucson was in perfect condition, only 3 months old and very clean with a full tank of fuel. A few minutes later I was driving out of the airport! I was able to pick up my agreement at the gate as I drove out, but they had also emailed me a copy.

We loved the car - it had a spare tyre, free GPS and was great to drive around the UK. On our return 13 days later, Google Maps easily directed us back to the Enterprise office with returns entrance on the left. We parked the car, removed our bags and within minutes were shuttled back to the Heathrow terminal. Our small holding deposit we had to pay on the car was refunded to my credit card within 24 hours. The entire process couldn't have been easier!! I can't recommend Enterprise Rent-a-car high enough. I'd read a number of negative reviews about them (and all other rental companies), but from my experience I struggle to believe they were completely true!! If I do ever go to the UK in the future I won't hesitate to use them again.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Rented from Enterprise's TF Green Airport location this past weekend in Warwick, RI and I had a great experience from start to finish. Check-in at the counter was a breeze and the gentleman assisting me was very helpful considering this was my first time. When I went upstairs to pick up the car, Brian showed me all the cars available at the time and explained the insurance options in detail, which eased my mind. It was a good pay-week so I was happy to upgrade and there was totally no pressure at all. I'm so glad I did though as the luxury car served me much better on the trip (in terms of comfort and performance) than the car I initially booked, so that made the overall experience a lot better.

Brian was super kind to help me through the Bluetooth pairing setup and get me all squared away with the car. During my trip there were no issues at all. The car was flawless. When returning the vehicle it was just as smooth as when I picked it up. Dean helped me get my bags out of the car and was a pleasant/smooth guy to work with after such a long, tiring drive. Everything went better than I expected it to go and I can't wait to rent from this location again. Very helpful staff all around from counter to pick up to drop off, great vehicles, reasonable prices and very respectful of time. Overall 5 Star experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

#1) First and foremost... How Can you leave someone stranded in the dark in the middle of the night stranded, due to engine failure?! To come tow the vehicle (YOUR FAILED VEHICLE) and leave us there?! *YOUR CAR ENGINE was failing... Sputtering, shaking, losing acceleration in a STORM AS WE WERE DRIVING THRU THE STATE WE WERE PASSING THRU!*

So you Schedule a tow Truck to take your car that FAILED your ENGINE! And just say, "Sorry but you have to stay out on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere UNTIL A LOCATION OPENS UP NEAR YOU, 6 HOURS FROM NOW?!" Nothing is open for hours! And naturally your oh so friendly CS REP says that driving in the middle of the night is not good, but she informed me that it was a "good lesson I needed to learn.. Chuckle chuckle". Along with a few other educational quips I might need to be aware of. I am over 50.. I don't need this kind of lesson. Not to mention she suggested we get an uber FROM THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AFTER 2 AM!

We waited in your failing car and then finally took a chance slowly driving all the way to an airport, petrified in order NOT to be stranded in a dark place on a turnpike. This is upsetting. #2) OVERCHARGED.. Had car less than the 7 days. Returned 2 days earlier. Not to mention, compensation we should be getting. #3) REFUELING CHARGE IS WRONG! Per your own paperwork; Fuel out is 3/4. Fuel IN is 3/4! We absolutely returned it with the same fuel. Billed for the full 5 days toll pass and full 5 days VCLRF TAX as well. ALSO... Car FAILURE stranded for hours.... We lost several hours of time on our time. Emailed, over and over and over.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Nastiest pickup person ever. I reserved a car yesterday - confirmation was for an economy car. The kid came to pick me up in a pickup truck and said that was the vehicle I was getting. I said I really didn’t want a truck and that I asked for an economy car. I was told (over and over) how much he didn’t care about what I wanted or was promised. Rude, insulting and threatening. He brought me back home and made sure to insult me again when I got out of his truck. NEVER WILL CALL ENTERPRISE AGAIN. I called corporate who assured me they would contact a district manager who would get back to me to make things right. That was 9 hours ago - obviously, corporate doesn’t care about their customers either.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Alfred, we appreciate your review and we'd like the chance to turn this around. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the rental agreement or reservation number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I was a loyal customer #** with Enterprise. On 01/14/20 I went to their website to make arrangements for a rental reservation in Chicago for the upcoming weekend. The lowest price car available was $100 per day and I thought that might be a little high so I went to the American Express website and discovered the rate was around $20 per day, or 20% of the loyal customer pricing being offered on the Enterprise website. That is absolutely outrageous! I understand that Enterprise has no way to control the pricing of 3rd party providers but they have a responsibility to their loyal customers to prevent them from being overpriced and at the very least, Enterprise should match the pricing of their 3rd party suppliers to prevent loyal customers from getting upset and cancelling their membership. IN addition to posting a review here I am going to post on Facebook as well.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Jacob, Enterprise thanks you for your review! Because we’re a travel based industry with a finite set of inventory in an area, rates are based on availability, dates, and location. We always encourage our customers to make their reservations as soon as possible to guarantee availability and to secure the best prices. To speak with us directly please email full details to Care@Enterprise.com. - Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

One of the worst experience. I had full insurance paid, the car was returned in perfect condition, but after one month and many phone calls to sort the problem out, I’m still waiting to get the deposit back. Ridiculous service. I definitely don’t recommend the company.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Nicolae Cristian, we'd like the chance to address this with you directly. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Car was good. Otherwise DO NOT use this company. I had an issue spoke to many people including managers, left multiple messages and emails and no one would get back to me or help provide resolution. If you use this company and have a problem you risk not having anyone help you resolve your problems/concerns. No one cares as once you pay and leave the counter it is no longer their problem.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Wendy, thank you very much for the review! Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, reservation or rental agreement numbers,exact rental office, and the details above. Thanks again! – Carol H.

Not sure about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Rental Cars for you.

Enterprise Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.

• Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.

• Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.

• Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.

• Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information