Enterprise Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just received a letter from damage recovery at Enterprise. They claimed damage on a car that never left my possession. I went from hotel to airport in another town. I have since read online this is the oldest scam around but I have never experienced it. Super crooked. What else is new? Employees probably get bonuses on it.

I rent a car from Enterprise Anchorage airport brunch, purchased extra collision and roadside assistance, got an accident on road which was told not allowed to drive after I got an accident. People answered my calls made promises but was denied afterwards, and charge me directly without telling me for what nor asking for my authorization. I planned to drive the Dalton Hwy., which seems to be forbidden by the contract (I learnt this after the accident). I mentioned i planned to go to north of Fairbanks, no one said no, nothing shows on contract, agent gave me a voucher on my demand and said nothing about it.

After I got the accident, I called local brunch three times and got different replies. 1st time said roadside assistance are not responsible for accident on Dalton Highway (which on the voucher nobody mentioned it), but as long as I drive the car back the collision will pay for the damage. 2nd time said call the road assistance and after clearly explain my situation, road assistance told me to keep the tire receipt for reimbursement. I checked again and yes just drop the receipt when return the car. 3rd time said when I return the car with the receipt together.

And when I returned the car, the manager just denied everything. He said he is the one in charge and all other replies were invalid without his permission. This is the first time I met him, the impression he gave me was of no patience, and won't listen. He said roadside assistance will not reimburse even they promised to do so because they don't know the situation here and only he can reply for that. He called the voucher a contract, and said the first agent who answered me is a manager while others are assistants so I should only listen to the first agent. But nobody said anything about this. Later the day I returned the car, I was charged another 500 dollars without knowing what it is and of cause without my authorization.

I would love to take this opportunity to give a little insight into the hell your company has been causing me over the last several months, and the unsavory business practices your claims department seems to be utilizing. After being forced into "renting" one of your vehicles due to a Ford Recall (mind you Ford is covering) since February... I have been in a constant back and forth with your claims department. Upon returning a vehicle for another on June 14, 2016, I was told that the chip that was in the windshield would have to be paid for... Ironically the replacement vehicle that I was given had 3 chips in the windshield, but when pointed out to the gentleman at the counter, I was told that since they were less than the size of a quarter it didn't need to be noted on the agreement (I'll get back to that in a minute... since one of the chips I was told not to worry about has actually caused a crack across the whole windshield)...

The gentleman at the counter also informed me that the vehicle I was returning would need to be detailed since there was evidence of a dog being in there. He said it should have been noted that no animals are allowed in the vehicles. I informed the gentleman that I never had a contract that the rental was done thru the dealership that was handling my repair, and that I was NEVER told that I was not allowed to use the vehicle for what its intended purpose was and that was replacing my FAMILY VEHICLE which had been taken away from me from FORD. Oh and BTW I was given a vehicle with EXPIRED TABS and get pulled over the next day!!!

Enterprise then told me that they would need to put a hold of $500 on a credit card while they worked up an estimate on the cost of the repair. I was reassured that the hold was going to be very temporary, and it would only be used to cover the repair, if at the time when the estimate came back it was deemed cheaper than making a claim on my insurance. Fast forward to beginning of July when the hold put on my CC shows an amount of $506. I contact Enterprise (not an easy task btw... I was redirected about a dozen times before someone could "help me". Enterprise does not make the Phone # readily available if you are a customer) as I had not received any documentation or estimate on the cost of the repair.

I was assured it was coming... 2 weeks later July 13th same conversation, same $506 still being held on my CC. I was told that day that they would elevate my claim because the woman I spoke with sympathized and told me that I should have something soon and that I deserve my money back. August several calls no amount given for damage, no report or estimate. At this time Enterprise is STILL holding on to $406 of MY MONEY THAT IS ACCRUING INTEREST with my CC!!! THEY CHARGED ME $100 CLEANING FEE!

September 13, 2016 I call again and reach a woman who seems dumbfounded at the issue that I'm having, like this is not the norm for doing business with Enterprise (BBB Reviews would show otherwise)... I was given reassurance that the money due to me would be credited immediately and that I should have a check in the mail in 5-7 business days. Although she could not give me an amount as she said she didn't have access to see what that amount was, I would definitely have something very soon. September 23, 2016... still no refund. I call again, this time the lady reassured me that no in fact the money would just go back on my CC and that she requested a refund, as the system had no record of showing that request be made.

I was finally told that the "Cost" of this chip was going to be $130+ dollars, but that Enterprise was adding on an additional admin fee to bring the total up to $190+ and that I was going to be refunded $202 dollars of the $406 being held. Mind you I have never received an estimate... I was never given the opportunity to decide whether or not to use my insurance for this repair... Which knowing that Enterprise ended up charging me $190+ to fix. You bet you ass I would have since my glass deductible isn't that much. But I was also told that my refund could only be processed if I agreed to the Admin fee that was imposed. She said that she did not have the authority to refund the Admin fees, but I could take that up with someone else other than her.

Seeing as I want my $ I agreed to the refund and was told that it would go directly back on the card in which it was charged by the end of the day (Friday), Monday at the latest. Surprise surprise... here it is Tuesday, and no refund. I call again. This time I was told that the department requesting the refund does not have access to CC information and that a paper check will be sent, and that although it was requested on 09/23/16 that it'll take at LEAST TWO WEEKS FOR MY REFUND TO BE MAILED TO ME!!!

What the hell kind of operation are you running here? How can you so blatantly employ business practices that are unethical and shady as hell. I have NEVER in my life had such a horrible experience with any company across all industries. I will adamantly share my experience with anyone and everyone. This will go as a complaint with the BBB and will be taken up with any other organization I find that will listen. Shame on you. I'm sure I could find many others that have shared experiences that would happily join in an effort to make sure this doesn't happen again to anyone.

I don't want to be a big complain about everything. I will just say that their car rented was just overused for a newer car. The repair and maintenance is BAD. The first car we got did not run right, we were stranded on the side of the road with two small kids. The 2nd one yep...it overheated then stuck 2nd time! Enterprise is unreliable and horrible customer service!

I have been using enterprise for 4 years now, but the treatment I got on 09/24/2016 is the worst I have ever experienced from a car rental service or any service at all in America. I came in at 2:00pm at the enterprise local shop in 1811 S. Texas Ave Bryan, TX 77802 to pick a scheduled rental I have set up earlier that day. I was called up by a ** lady at the enterprise counter and asked how I could be helped. I explained that I had a reservation and then she asked for my driver's license, credit card and car insurance. I gave her the docs. My credit card was declined and all of a sudden this lady started making strange and mockery gestures towards me and taunting that my card was declined. I found this very unprofessional and humiliating but kept my composure and kindly asked what other forms of payment do they accept? She just said "card" without giving me any further detail.

I pulled out my debit card and gave it to her and then she said she needs "proof of bill payment" and then gave her my cable bill payment in my name, then she started calling suddenlink to confirm if I am a resident at my address and if I have any outstanding balance on my cable bill. I found this very insulting, embarrassing and felt as if I have been profiled. After confirming my suddenlink bill and balance, they asked for proof of my employment pay stub which I gave them. The lady asked for my work ID and I showed my Texas A&M student ID I use at work. It took them almost 40 mins before they decided to release the key for the car rental after, frustrating and embarrassing me there in front of other clients.

Out of curiosity, I asked the ** lady at the enterprise counter why would she ask for proof of bill payment from me if I have given her proof of my car insurance in my name and address and she couldnt answer my question. I was given the car rental, but the whole experience at the enterprise counter and the ** lady was very awkward, humiliating and embarrassing. Treating a customer that has been using enterprise service for 4 years now this way I think is very bad. I will be grateful if enterprise management can look into this incident and resolve this so that future experience like this will not repeat itself. I had to collect the car feeling so maltreated, insulted and had wasted a lot of time unnecessarily.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Our car broke down in Shrewsbury, went on the Enterprise website to look at small vans to hire which the site said were available to hire and collect today. Just to check we phoned them direct and they said "no, we don't have any vans available for hire?" We settled on a large hatchback. We took out all the extra insurances they said we should have including accidental damage cover. The salesman explained about damaged areas on the car that already existed so my wife started taking pictures on her phone of theses areas. The salesman intercepted and said there was no need to take pictures as these areas are already noted and we won't be responsible for these areas.

We used the car for 4 days, only light travel, and always parked off road. On returning the car we were told all these damaged areas are our responsibility and we would lose our excess. We explained what the rep said and the woman said he didn't really work for them and we couldn't speak to him? We now have ** automatically charged another 100. THIS PRACTICE IS ALL TOO COMMON AT ENTERPRISE. Will definitely NOT use them again and will advise others not to. AVOID!!!

I came out of a store to a vehicle smashed into the side of my truck. Called the police to make a report. Come to find out the guy driving the car had no license and was from India. How he rented a car with no license is beyond me. It's been over a month and still have not been paid for damages to my vehicle. To my knowledge Enterprise is self-insured and give people the run around when they're at fault for damages to someone's property. I will never do business with Enterprise Rent A Car. No would I recommend anyone else to do business. My next step is to hire a attorney to get my vehicle fixed.

My contract states a deposit fee of $150.00 through the 800 call center. When I went in to Enterprise to rent my vehicle they charged $250.00 deposit. Even though I showed them contract they said the contract is incorrect. This is misleading & fraudulent info.

Patrick at the Wake Forest Road, Raleigh NC location has no respect for the customers. He has a very sarcastic tone that's going to cause the company to lose good customers. I will never go there again and I will let everyone know about my terrible experience. Train your staff and remind them that without the customer, he would not have a job!

Never rent a car from Enterprise. They tell you/show you a price but when you get your invoice later there will be so many additional hidden costs. Enterprise are thieves pretending to be a rental company.

We had an E-ZPass transponder that was malfunctioning. I called E-ZPass and they said that they could see that we had a malfunctioning transponder situation and would reverse the extra charges associated with the malfunction. However, they said the request had to come from Enterprise because the charge was from the toll authority to Enterprise, not to us. Enterprise refused to contact E-ZPass. They said the dispute was between us and E-ZPass and it was "against corporate policy" to get involved. I then suggested that since we had spent more than $3,000 with Enterprise over the past year, that perhaps they could just absorb the $12 charge themselves. No, rather than keep a multi thousand dollar customer satisfied, they wanted to collect the $12 additional. Needless to say I will never rent from Enterprise again.

I rented a car from them many times and I have never had a problem until my last accident. I was able to rent a car after an accident with no problem in the past. Then I had rent a vehicle from them, I was working on my clients when delivered my car. The gentleman dropped off the car for me, I brought the keys and documents in for me to sign. I told my customer if she don't if I go walk around vehicle with him before I signed the document. The gentleman told I did not have to do a walk so I didn't plus asked if I want add insurance so I said yes. I have me sign the without a walk through which was weird so I trusted the company. Well, I left work and went home at 8:30 pm parked in my garage then noticed a scratch and dent near the rear of the vehicle.

I contact the Enterprise about the car and I was told I would have to pay for the damage. I told them no because damage was there before I got it. I told them I have extra insurance from them and it was suppose to cover. They told me I didn't have extra cover, so I told them that their employee drop off the vehicle no walk through and I told him make sure add the extra insurance. He said okay, but I trusted to take care of me and I was wrong. When someone you don't a walk through be careful because they may have damage the vehicle and try to blame it on you. Plus make sure it to go over the document with care or you will be taken for $600. Plus the girl was rude and disrespectful to their customer, I will never rent from again. I will go to someone who respect their customer and do their right not do half job.

My daughter made reservations for me at the South Bloomington location. I brought everything needed for my rental. The Excel bill that I gave the agent was a paid to date disconnect. I also had the receipt showing that it was paid. The remaining amount was not due until the 30th of September. She refused me the rental. I have been renting from Enterprise for years. I have been in this position with enterprise before, but I was never denied my rental.

Well I needed to rent a car so I went to the Orlando International Airport and found Enterprise Rental Car which apparently was having a really good deal of $189 for a whole week. Upon my rental I was charged a 20% of the rental amount as a deposit, total came up to $226.82. In my way out I was charged $155.75 for insurance for the whole week so the total amount was $382.57. When I came back they gave me a receipt saying the total amount for my rental was $375.32.

When I ask the lady if they going to deposit the 20% back she answered that the difference between $382.57 and $375.75 was the 20% that I would be receiving back, obviously I had to laugh in her face and call customer service. I had to speak to 5 different people until one of them had the courage to tell me that yes I was charged $226.82 for the rental including the 20% but when I took the insurance in my way out they took the deposit and put it towards the $155.75 to cover the whole week so my whole total would be $450 but since they used my 20% deposit that's why they were charging me $375.75. Now I don't possibly see any logic explanation to this but what I do know is that this company is ** and that I'm going to post this review in any possible review page so everybody can see how this people are thieves with their customers.

My experience was horrible. I've used them 3 times this year through my insurance and they came in the middle of the night and took it out of our driveway with every one of my children's car seats/booster seats, some other misc. items, but that's not even the big part. Our insurance got us another rental confirmation number and they are refusing to give it to us now. Mind you I have an 8-person vehicle because I have an 8-person family. I'm considering contacting my attorney and taking legal action because we were under the impression we were covered for a rental until our vehicle is fixed, which will have us without a vehicle for 3 days and no milk - none of the basic necessities for them and that's their fault. I hope corporate reviews these because I'd love to tell "oh I was stolen from and poorly treated."

Originally we rented the vehicle due to a hit and run from the Mall of Georgia Enterprise at Toyota AutoNation. Usually our experiences here are pretty pleasant. Unfortunately when it was time to return the vehicle and grab mine we were instructed to drop the vehicle off with the receptionist at AutoNation along with the key and they would send someone from Enterprise to pick it up. Which was basically the same building. Well of course the next morning we got a call and the vehicle is surprisingly damaged and of course it was our fault. They proceeded to tell me how the vehicle wasn't picked up until almost 19 hours after I dropped the vehicle off. They also mentioned that it was no way for them to pull the tapes because the area my vehicle was in there was none. I know and my husband knows that it was no damage on the vehicle when it was dropped off but it was no way to prove it.

So we proceed to comply and to just take it through the insurance AGAIN and pay the deductible. It's been almost 4 months and as of today Enterprise claims division has called us over 10 times asking for a payment that we dropped off ourselves personally to the Enterprise office. Every time they called it seemed as if they wanted us to just pay again without trying to figure out what THEY did with the payment. We even went to the office. Spoke with the manager and he said they hadn't turned it in yet?? And they refused to call the Mall of Georgia Enterprise to get this figured out.

As the customer we feel as if someone is not handling our money correctly or we're being ripped off. For someone to call you repeatedly and state they are with a company but call unavailable on several different of our numbers, asking for a payment that we had receipts from and we spoke to a manager at the branch about, is very alarming. The bank reported the check was cashed and yet no one saw the records. To make a long difficult story short we are STILL waiting for a resolution. Legal action will be taken if the harassing calls don't stop for money that has been sent in and cashed. It's not comforting to the customer to have your employees calling about a payment you guys need to find amongst yourselves.

I live in Monroe, Ga. and was on the phone with Enterprise at 9 am this morning to reserve a car for this evening. I was told the car would be ready between 4:30 and 5:00 and then was ask if I needed to be picked. I told him "yes, I did" and he said "no problem." I was on the phone during the day with the customer service rep at least 5 times confirming everything was good and I would have car by this evening, I had a very important doctor appt. at Emory Hospital in Atlanta at 9:40 the next day and it is a 1:45 drive from my home. At 4:28 call to make sure driver would here to pick me up, was told driver should be there in 10 mins. Walked outside to let my dogs out came back in it 5:03, check caller id, call came from Enterprise at 4:57. NO MESSAGE, NO DRIVER, NO CAR and I'm 62 years old trying to find a way to get to my appt. in the morning.

I have rented a car from Enterprise on 08/31/16, to be picked up at Bluegrass airport, Lexington, KY, at 0930. The customer service rep at the desk, inside the airport was personable, helpful, and just so easy to work with. The garage attendant should look for another job. I ask him show me the car and how the dash components worked. His reply "Oh, everything is automatic". Yet I spent 10 minutes of my time, locating dash equipment myself with the car. I also ask him to walk around the car with me, to which he replied, "It's a brand new car". I walked around the car by myself taking pictures to ensure the any scratch or dent was on the car before I drove it from the lot. I will NEVER use Enterprise again. If this is an example of your customer service, no thanks. I also reported this encounter to the customer service at my check in at Sebring, FL on 09/03/16.

Rented a Car from Enterprise Car Rental - Manchester NH - Airport. On the 2nd day of our vacation - I pulled up on a parking stop that damaged the bumper and dislocated the air - dam under the car - (thin plastic piece) - I called Enterprise to let them know of the damage. So upon returning the vehicle the Manager came over to look at the car. I was told that I would NOT be charged for any damage to the vehicle - I asked her (3) times!!! These are her exact words: THIS HAPPENED AUGUST 29th 2016. She said 2 weeks prior the RULES of what ENTERPRISE RENTAL CAR can charge you with have changed... with regards to damage to the vehicle... Anything on the bumper or beneath the car - cannot be charged to the customer as damage as long as the car is fully functional (meaning no engine damage and vehicle is driveable).

She said "You drove this car from MAINE so therefore - you are good to go... You WILL NOT BE CHARGED..." That I did not need to contact for Insurance Company or Credit Card. She also said that they CANNOT CHARGE YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE to the vehicle, scratch or dent if it is smaller than the size of a Dollar Bill... SHE kept reassuring me that I was good to go... gave me the checkout receipt... and said that she hoped this did not impact my trip since it happened the 2nd day in. I said "I have to be honest. Yes it did." She then said she wished I had talked to her personally... that I was good to go, and would not be charged...

TODAY 9-13-16 I get a notice in the mail that I had damage to the vehicle - that I need to contact my insurance carrier and credit card company to file a claim and get back with them??? I have pictures of the damage - have not received a bill. So at this point I still do not know what I am being charged and according to her SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED... I put a call into Enterprise Rental (Alamo Car Rental) Manchester NH to speak to the manager - that was 4 hours ago... Not happy with Enterprise Rental - Alamo Car Rental.

They are using each other's names when they answer the phone. 8/9/16 A "Jamie" (male) told me that proof of income and a utility bill was needed along with the printed proof of insurance requirement. I was then transferred to a female "specialist" who told me that it is either the utility bill or proof of income. 8/9/16 - As stated, I have rented from this location twice before. I was then told by another representative that they are "not allowed to go into the University area (Charlotte)." Later I spoke with another male "Jamie" who scheduled the pick-up. The online reservation was scheduled for 10:00 on Wed., 8/10 with a Saturday return at 10:00 a.m. The online information showed a noon close time on Saturday so "Jamie" changed the pick-up and return to 2:30 p.m. after stating the branch was open until 4pm on Saturday but never mentioned any issue with a return ride.

8/10/16 - The ** male who picked me up got out of the car, opened my screen door and started rubbing the inside of the latch. As with previous rides, the GPS, if there was any, was not left on and he claimed not to know how to get back to the rental location. He changed lanes in an intersection after seeing a police officer on the left (Mallard Creek Church Rd).

8/13/16 - Conflicting with what I was told earlier, both the proof of income and the utility bill was asked for at the counter. It is a concern in part because this is not only time consuming but also a security concern whenever personal information is given unnecessarily - especially with this group. When I have provided information in the past, they have done nothing with it or hurriedly copied a front or back page.

My insurance agent was contacted by phone to verify that the coverage included "loss of use." This requirement was never mentioned for this rental or either of the prior two. What if the insurance office was closed or unable to be reached? When asking about the "after the fact" requirement, I was told by two female representatives that "it would be ok" with one responding that "they had been audited." The car I was given was the same driven to pick me up. Brianna, who handled the reservation inside, got into the passenger side of the vehicle to check the mileage and, despite all the time verifying the full coverage information, asked me which coverage I wished to purchase.

8/13 - During the on-time return I was chided for how many miles I used (nothing unreasonable). When asked about the service I received, I stated that I had a list of concerns that I would be discussing with the company. I told the representative that I would be waiting for my ride, and he responded that there was no one available for a return ride this weekend. I had no choice but to walk to access transportation and it was over seven miles in the sun.

We were on vacation in Florida between Orlando and Miami. None of the locations could pick us up, so we had to get a taxi to their location. Charged us $150 to drop off to another location when we found out other companies don't charge at all! Didn't refund our $200 deposit until after a week later when we had to call the office where we picked up the car. Customer service could not do anything, so they are totally worthless! Do not rent from here! You have been warned!

I had a accident (another person's fault) and was told by Trader's Insurance that all I had to do was take my claim number to ENTERPRISE (or any rental car place) and turn it in to get a car while my care was being prepared. I then called Enterprise in Blue Springs, FL TWICE to ensure that I had the right information when I arrived. I was told by a young lady that all I had to do was present the claim number from Traders. I arrived today to get a car. I was told that Traders would not pay on a claim number and that I had to pay up front. I didn't have the money to pay up front. They called Traders and I stood there for a good 10 minutes while they waited to get in to Traders.

I was then told that they would NOT front my car rental. I couldn't pay so I called my daughter to see if she could supply me with a credit card number so I could get a car. I was on the phone with her for another 10 min while me and the attendant waited. She was busy and kept putting me on hold. So I hung up and called my son... who said "No problem" so I handed the phone to Enterprise attendant to get his credit card number and he stood there and looked at me and said, "Well... I can't take a credit card over the phone". I was upset and ask him why he didn't tell me this before I spent 10 min on the phone trying to get a card.

I further asked why the girl on the phone didn't have the information to tell me all this on the phone. My son said I will bring it up... and the attendant just looked at me. I said this will take a while... My son is a paraplegic and it will take time for him to get to his car, get in and drive here from Odessa and then get out and come in here.

At that point your attendant looked at me and said, "I don't like your attitude so I am NOT going to rent a car to you". I walked away furious!! I went up the street to HERTZ who informed me that NO rental car places would take my son's credit card and let ME drive. Which the Enterprise man could have told me (on the phone, or in the office). I am now getting a car through Hertz tomorrow... but I will NEVER EVER EVER DEAL WITH ENTERPRISE AGAIN. I am an amputee and standing all that time without the proper information is ridiculous. It is ridiculous that I wasn't told all this on the phone prior to coming in. I have been in a business all my life and I would never treat anyone who came into our business like that man at Enterprise treated me.

I filled out priority pass info online for my rental. I Sat at repair shop for 45 min waiting for them to pick me up. Owner of shop called them & they said I was not in computer for pick up. How can that be? After this inconvenience everything went ok.

Enterprise Sherman Texas... I leased a car from them while my truck was being repaired. Reserved the rental online. When I picked up the car they tried to charge me more than it was suppose to be. Get that straight then they try to push their insurance costs on me... I have decent insurance, so I declined theirs... Take the car for 3 days. It has trash and water bottles under the seats so I clean the car up first thing after getting it home. I leased this car (2015 Toyota Corolla) for 3 days.

Somehow somewhere a hubcap came off the back passenger wheel. I noticed it gone the next morning after getting the car so it would have either Not been on the car when I leased it or it was lost within a 10 mile stretch between my house and their business. I walked around the car with one of their employees and neither noticed then it was gone but the employee was more interested in looking at the glass and explaining the importance of not getting pings in the glass. We were both right up next to the car so its very possible IF the hub was gone we wouldn't notice. We certainly didn't notice the registration then.

Upon returning the car I tell them it's missing and that I researched purchasing a new one on line.

I found several places to purchase one ranging in prices from 20.00 to 40.00... I checked with a place in CA called Hubcaps.com. They have a special little video on there not showing where these particular cars are bad about losing hub caps. I note on my phone the places I found them with prices. First thing they want to do is file against my insurance that's gonna cost me a 200.00 deductible. I said NO. I will pay for a new hubcap but it's gotta be a reasonable price. I personally didn't feel the hubcap should have come off. Maybe it was defected. One guy there makes several calls around town to find one but no-one has one.

I went out to take pictures of the car and it was then that I noticed the car had no current registration. No Tx sticker on the window... But it had a CA plate so I look at both front and back plates and note it expired in July 2016. I leased on Labor Day weekend Sept 2016 so I go back in and tell them the car was not even legal to be drive. They try to tell me it's ok cause it a CA plate. I look up the CA laws that states clearly the tags must display current registered dates. I argue till finally they let me order the hub cap which I tried to get next day but took was 3 days. Before I realized the registration was out I offered to keep the car And pay daily till I had the hub cap so they wouldn't lose money on leasing it yet they tell me "NO we can't lease a damaged car." It's A Hub Cap... They go on like it's major collision damage or something.

I get the new hub cap and take it straight to them and then they tell me that I Will be charged for the three days it didnt have a hub cap. No I tell them I will not pay cause I offered to lease the car and pay till the part was here and No also because the car was never Legal to be driven anyway with Not having a proper registration. I told them if anything is charged against my credit card then I would sue and make them reimburse me for the days I had the car that wasn't legal to drive and A step further maybe they should reimburse every person that has leased that car back to July when the registration was good. I will walk before I Ever Go Back To Enterprise Again...

I went to rent a car and I went to the Arnold location in Missouri and there was three gentlemen there. 15 minutes before it closed the insurance company gave me a reservation number. Told me what cars were available when I got there. They were less than customer service oriented. At one point they told me that they would not rent me a car. They actually told me to get into my car and leave. I am going to another location but I will never ever go to this location again. The customer service is very unprofessional and I believe because I am a woman they were very sexist. At no time did they treat me with respect or wanted to rent me a car and I think everyone should know the especially women. I also believe but they have not had jobs very long and know nothing about customer service.

The one star rating is too much and it needs to be half of a star rating. I had made a reservation to rent a car for me and my family to drive to the beach. This happened at a Greensboro, NC location. When I arrived there the clerk asked me was I paying by debit or credit card. When I told her debit she said ok but they were going to need 2 utility bills that are not in disconnect status along with my proof of insurance. What!? Since when do you have to provide utility bills just to rent a car? I had asked her would I need the bills if I was paying by credit card and she told me "no". There was another customer in there who was also showing them her utility bills but being that the bills were disconnect notices she was told that they would need to call to verify that the bill was paid in full! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

Since when does having a credit card defines a person financial status? I told the clerk never mind to please cancel my reservation because Enterprise policies are just crazy. I told the clerk that I have 2 credit cards but I refuse to give it to Enterprise. They have lost my business FOREVER! I will be going to Budget Rental or Avis from now on!!!

SHAME ON YOU. BEWARE. I rented a car from Enterprise. We checked for damages. I told her about scratches. She said, "Oh well, just check for damages no scratch." Well I said ok!! On return day they charged my credit card 250$ cause of a scratches!!! And charged me again on credit card without my permission even when I paid cash for rent!!! BEWARE. I request to the person who rent the car to me she (SASHA) didn't accept to talk to me and said, "I'm sick I can't talk," after hearing the history from his fellow (YEOW)!!! I have to open the case with credit card and run for my money!!! They will go for anything to charge you true without reason!!! Beware of give them your credit card details!!! BEWARE!!!

My insurance made a reservation for me to get a vehicle from enterprise Lauderdale lakes. The car was full of roaches. I returned the car on half tank although it was on empty when they gave it to me. I spoke with Joshua ** who was very dismissive although he clearly see roaches crawling. Instead of apologizing and offering to accommodate me an hr later I get a downsize car although the lots is full.

I was notified of a moving violation (charged $60.00) for a moving violation against the car I was driving, but the citation was 4 months before I rented that car. Be aware that Enterprise is NOT EFFICIENT at these issues. They provided the wrong information to the local police. If this happens, be patient and phone the local police and speak calmly to them. Enterprise corrected the mistake, but some inefficient Enterprise clerk could cause someone huge problems by making such mistakes. I firmly believe that they are incompetent and just want to discharge these citations quickly. Be calm, be patient, and prepare to address things like this.

Got a confirmation number and drove 40 miles to pick up car. Waited 45 minutes only to be told they did not have a car for me. Only hope Uber puts them out of business.

Compare Rental Cars