Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.6/5 (1607 ratings)

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a global car rental company with more than 8,000 locations. Customers can rent cars, SUVs, trucks, minivans, vans, exotic cars and moving trucks. Frequent renters can enroll in its Enterprise Plus program to get benefits like points earned for every rental, free rental days and members-only check-in.

Pros

• Offers rental cars for any budget
  • One-way or long-term rentals
  • Wide selection of cars

Cons

• Cars may have high mileage

Bottom Line

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a reputable car rental company with locations all across the world. It offers a wide selection of safe and reliable cars for just about any budget.

Top Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Verified

I dealt with Enterprise in Oakville on the South Service Road. I must say that Joe ** and his staff were outstanding. I had to rent a vehicle for 2 months and came in several time...

Verified

From start to finish I enjoyed a hassle-free experience. The reservation web site is easy to use, the prices are reasonable, and the folks are super-nice… Stephen, picked me up at...

What is Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a global vehicle rental service company that offers a wide selection of vehicles to travelers or those who need a short-term vehicle.

Drivers can find an Enterprise rental location in most major airports and other locations throughout the country. If you use rental cars regularly, you can subscribe to Enterprise and take advantage of benefits such as access to a range of vehicles and insurance, maintenance and roadside assistance for just one monthly payment. Subscribing with Enterprise also lets you swap out vehicles up to four times in a month.

From compact sedans to minivans, trucks and luxury cars, Enterprise makes it easy to reserve, rent and return rental cars across the country.

How does Enterprise work?

The first step in renting a car through Enterprise is the reservation process. As you browse its online inventory of rental cars, you’re asked to input information such as:

• The type of car you want
  • Pickup location
  • Drop off location
  • Pickup/drop off dates
  • Additional coverage options
  • Added features (car seats, GPS, snow chains)

Once you’ve input this information, Enterprise will produce a list of vehicles that meet your needs.

Picking up the car
Once you’ve made your reservation, pick up your rental car on the predetermined date at an Enterprise location. An agent helps you locate the car on the property and do a walkthrough to take note of any damages or issues with the car before you take it. After signing some paperwork, you’re free to take the car for your agreed-upon rental.
Additional options
During the reservation process, you will sign a damage waiver that covers minor damage to the rental car such as scratches or dents. This is an optional protection plan, but any minor damages to the rental car will come out of pocket if you choose not to sign a damage waiver.

Drivers can also add personal accident insurance or personal effects coverage at the time of their rental for an additional daily charge. These insurances are optional, and the cost varies based on the location where you are renting the car.

If you are worried about losing your keys, running out of gas, or getting locked out of your car, you can add roadside assistance protection to your reservation so that you aren't charged out of pocket for these roadside incidents.

Returning the car
When it is time to return the car, drive it to the predetermined drop off location. During drop off, an Enterprise agent will perform a walk-through inspection again to ensure the car has not been damaged.

The agent will also check that the car has been refueled. If you choose not to fill up the gas tank, you will be charged the company’s gas rate, which is usually more expensive than the local pump price. If you are picking up a rental car at the airport, you can prepay for fuel, which lets you return the car without worrying about filling it up.

If you need your rental car for a few days longer, you can call the Enterprise location and ask if the car is available for an extension. There are no penalties for returning your car early, but you can only return your car to a non-airport location during business hours. Enterprise locations within the airport usually allow returns after hours.

How to rent a car with Enterprise

To secure a rental car, you must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable form of payment and meet the rental location’s minimum age requirements. Most rental locations set their minimum driver age at 25 but may allow drivers between 21 and 24 to rent a car with a “youthful driver surcharge” of $20 a day. You will also be required to put down a deposit that varies by location.

Enterprise car rental price

The cost of your rental car depends on a variety of factors, including how long you have the car, what type of car you choose, your rental location and any insurance or additional products you select. Below are a few examples of the most common types of rental car selections and the cost for a week.

VehicleCost
Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar)$256 a week
Luxury car (Cadillac XTS or similar)$282 a week
Premium SUV (Chevy Suburban or similar)$464 a week
Luxury elite SUV (Land Rover Discovery or similar)$468 a week

Other costs to consider when renting a car include local taxes, damage waivers, accident insurance, roadside protection and additional equipment, such as car seats or a GPS.

Enterprise FAQ

What does Enterprise car rental insurance cover?
Enterprise offers three different tiers of car rental insurance. There is the basic damage waiver that covers minor damages to the car, the personal accident insurance that covers the driver and the passengers in the car if there's an accident and the personal effects coverage that covers the driver, any passengers in the car and drivers of other vehicles if you’re liable.
What time does Enterprise open?
Most Enterprise locations open at 6 a.m., but this can vary between locations, so it's important to check before you rent a car.
What time does Enterprise close?
Some locations close at 5 p.m., while others are open much later. Operating hours depend on the location.
What kind of cars does enterprise rent?
Enterprise offers a wide variety of cars in different makes, models and sizes. Drivers can rent an economy car, pickup truck, sedan, SUV or luxury vehicle.
Does Enterprise own other rental car companies?
Yes. Enterprise is the parent company of National Car Rental, Alamo Rent a Car, and Enterprise CarShare.

Is Enterprise a good car rental company?

Enterprise offers a wide selection of high-end vehicles in hundreds of locations across the country. It rents many newer model cars that get regular maintenance and cleaning. The company’s high number of locations makes it a convenient choice if you need to rent a car for short- or long-term use.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I recently learned that my complaint about the Enterprise location I frequent was brought to the attention of management. I would like to clarify that my comment was not directed at the local manager, Hcham **, but rather the technology used for real-time inventory management. Hcham is an excellent manager who excels in efficiency and building genuine connections with customers.. His acumen in maximizing the efficiency of your time is matched only by his ability to connect with people genuinely and nurture new and existing relationships. His business approach, which balances both pragmatism and creativity, has proven itself successful among colleagues and should continue to do so as I have no doubt will become one of the pioneers of tomorrow.

I believe he has a bright future in the company and should not be penalized for something outside of his control. I respectfully request that the trophy the location recently lost be returned and that location be rewarded. I have spent a significant amount on rentals from that location due to the pandemic and other factors and feel Hcham and his team deserve more recognition than a plastic trophy. I hope that management will take the time to explain to Hcham that my comment was not a reflection of his performance and that your organization replace that phone system before that constant horrible ring sound caused someone mental health issues.

Regards,

John

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Hi John, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. Take care, Chad

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I wanted to share my personal very good experience with Enterprise rent a Car. It was the first time when I had a car accident and just delivered my car to repair, so I needed a car to drive meantime. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to do it because of the people who work there. I was warmly welcomed and within a few minutes provided a brand new car that actually I loved so much that I started to consider buying instead of mine. :)

When I was returning the back, it was the same thing, quick confirmation that all was good with the car, giving one of my items that I forgot in the car. I didn't need to worry about anything. That was easy and very special. Where else we can try driving a new car for a few days and experience something that is not possible when doing a short test drive when considering buying a new car. Thank you sooo much!!!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Thanks for the kudos, Julia. We look forward to seeing you again next time! -Chris R.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2022

I had to travel quite some distance from Nova Scotia to attend a funeral for my relative. The booking at Enterprise in Cornwall Ontario was for 4:30 PM - but unfortunately the airplane I was traveling on experienced a delay due to thunderstorms, so that I would have missed my booking entirely [closing is at 5PM] - with no way to get to my rental accommodation. Thankfully, my airport shuttle called Enterprise in Cornwall, and they graciously stayed overtime [!] so that I could pick up my car at 5:20PM. I cannot laude this wonderful customer service. The car was in perfect condition, and my rental went smoothly throughout. I was able to drop the car off after hours no problem. Outstanding experience.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Carol, thank you very much for the wonderful review about the service you received in Cornwall! Our team is happy to hear that we have gained your complete satisfaction. We love hearing this will be happy to share this with our team there. See you next time!

Original review: May 23, 2022

I just had to write about the staff member Aleah, I am sadly not sure of her spelling but I had to bring it to your attention about her wonderful customer service. While sitting and waiting for my rental car I sat and listen to her interact with the customers as they walked up to the front desk. She interacted even if they weren’t there to see her what a pleasant personality, I noticed these things because I’m a retired hotel general manager and it honestly just blessed my heart to see somebody cares so much about people and to go out of her way to interact so pleasantly and professionally with everyone. This gal definitely has management in her and should be looked at, just saying. On a sidenote, My customer rep Ben was very efficient and polite and was great about getting me into a car faster than expected and for that I was grateful. Thank you. Robyn

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Robyn, thank you for your kind words and review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I would give the 4713 W. Broad St. location 10 stars if possible. ** at the reception area went the extra 10 miles out of her way to help me. I lost my cell phone earlier and she helped contact my insurance company and the insurance company of the driver who damaged my vehicle. She would not stop until the matter was resolved and her professionalism really made me a lifelong customer of Enterprise in the future. A very clean reception area, exceptionally clean cars and detailed attention to everyone who walks in the door. I drove an electric Volvo for the first time and was really impressed with everything about it. No gas required when I return it. A super nice experience.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Jerry, thank you for your wonderful review! Reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I rented a car 10/22 in Washington DC. I returned the car fully fueled. Subsequently, I checked my bill and saw a refueling charge for more than $30. I had to call customer service where I spent 30 minutes on hold. The charges were refunded and I requested.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your feedback, Seth. If you’d like to discuss this further, please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, rental information and all the details above. Thank you. – Chad

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I recently rented a car to drive from Kamloops to Surrey, BC. I booked it online, where there was no indication whatsoever of a $124.50 one-way charge. And I challenge anyone reading this to do the same: look online for a one-way rental and see if a one-way charge is shown. When I picked up the car, and when I returned it, I made the mistake (an obvious one in retrospect) of trusting them and not taking the time to review the contract in detail, line by line, number by number. I encourage everyone to do this when you pick up and again when you drop off a vehicle. Myself, I won't be renting from Enterprise again.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Hi Colin, we would like to look into your billing concern. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and the information above. Thank you. – Chad

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

We booked a vehicle with Enterprise weeks in advance on the family plan. A relative works for them. We were told to call 30 mins prior to our reservation to have an enterprise employee to pick us up and transport us to their facility for the rental. We had flown from another state. When I called, I was told, "We have no cars". We were denied the request to go to the facility and wait for a car. After several hours of trying to locate a car at another of their facilities, we went to theirs anyway. We were driven to another location and given a very different vehicle. It was very uncomfortable and small.

Our vacation was partially ruined as were had to travel 5 hours and our day was cut short. Enterprise did nothing to ensure compensation and have since ignored any phone calls from us. The District Manager won't even return our calls. After sharing the experience, it seems this is a common practice of Enterprise car rental. The company's professionalism has gone WAY WAY down!!!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your review, Benita. Please be assured it is never our intent to inconvenience our customers and we strive to provide the best possible services. I'd like to pass your information along to someone who can best address your concern. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, rental information and all the details above. Thank you. – Chad

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

A car dealership provided me with a "free loaner" from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. My 2-year-old car was still under warranty and it took a few weeks to fix the issues. When I first picked up the free loaner, at the dealership, I declined the rental insurance, as I always do, since my insurance provider covers rentals. When my car was finally repaired, I turned in the loaner. That day I received an email with an Enterprise Rent-A-Car invoice, for the loaner, charging me $24.99/day for rental insurance, for a total of $499.80. I was not provided with any agreement or invoice before returning the vehicle. I have filed a dispute with my credit card provider.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Hi Ron, we would like to look into your billing concern. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and the information above. Thank you. – Chad

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

What a horrible experience. First they downgraded what I paid for which was a 7 passenger. They tried to put me in a 5 seat car. The fuel was at 3/4 not full and they are charging me for a full tank when I return the car. The car I received had no windshield washer fluid so I had to stop in below freezing weather buy washer fluid and add. The washer fluid system still did not work.

Driving from Cincinnati to North Carolina the maintenance light came on. I called and spoke with Donna when we got down here and explained everything that had happened and was told after an hour on hold that I was to call the local office at 1910 Wesleyan Blvd. Rocky Mount, NC. That a trade had been setup for the cars. I called and was placed on hold for another 15 minutes. When the guy answered he had no idea what I was talking about and I was told to call corporate back.

I called back and was placed on hold then disconnected. I called back and was placed on hold again after I asked to speak to a supervisor. Victor answered who was not a supervisor and I was placed back on hold. Was told the car is fine or I can take it to their local car place for service. Their CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE!!!! I WILL NEVER RENT FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!

UPDATE to review. After being told to continue to drive the car with the maintenance issues the brakes went out and we almost rear-ended a car at 70 MPH. We made it to the Smithville the closest Enterprise location and changed out the vehicle. However all they had that had that was big enough was a 15 passenger van so it cost me double in fuel. Also when I called them the night we got home I was told I would receive a call back about this and of course I did not get one. THANK YOU ENTERPRISE FOR ALMOST KILLING MY CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN AND ME BY YOUR LACK OF CARE.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Thank you for your feedback, Carol. We would like to investigate this further but need some more information. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number and all the details of your experience. Thanks. – Chad

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company Information