Enterprise Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We recently returned from a Christmas vacation in Hawaii. Our trip got extended a few days and we were unable to extend our rental (other company) so I needed to rent another car for the remaining few days and ended up with Enterprise. Checking out the car was super quick and thorough, same thing for checking it back in. Highly Recommend.

Merry Christmas from Enterprise. I returned a vehicle to the airport. Had to keep it for a few extra days at an exaggerated rate. Spoke to the assistant manager on Christmas Day. Was hoping to catch a break on the cost. Since we had to rent a vehicle for a month from them. Took a cruise and didn't have time to return the vehicle. I'll admit I pushed pretty hard to get a few bucks off and I still needed a vehicle so I tried to see if I could work that into the return of the vehicle. I could see that it wasn't going to happen. The assistant mgr told me my best bet was to rent using my existing reservation. So that's what I did and that's when things went south. I came back and was on my way to spend Christmas with family but made the mistake of trying one last time to get a discount. He basically told me I already had a good deal and so I mentioned that I had a rate of 8 dollars a day on a website so for future reference asked about a penalty. Big mistake.

The guy walked me out to the vehicle and immediately looked at the side of the car above the tire and saw a small separation. I knew then it was big trouble in little China. And I just lost it. Christmas I'm tired. I'm in a rush to go to meet relatives and I know I had no part in that small separation but I'd gotten complacent with car companies because I'd been treated very fairly by several other companies over the last few years and when we left the original airport we asked for a new vehicle because the one they were going to give us had a large number of scratches. I've been told by most companies that they will give us a vehicle with a one inch scratch. But I didn't detail the car leaving, second mistake. But I'm not sure that would have mattered since I've actually seen this in the past. It looked to me like the car had been superglued together and somehow lost its cohesiveness.

Anyhow I let the guy have it. Verbally of course and when we finished he asked me to leave so I did but I forgot my receipt. I called Enterprise and they told me he slapped a 250 charge. So my wife who is much better with these things than me spoke to the guy but took so long I made way back. The guy saw me and called airport security. Like I said I'd been livid. My aunt had a similar issue and they nailed her good. When the guy did this I thought of two things that I'd only get in usually a couple of states Cal and NY. A high percentage of people who cruise and don't know how our society works would come from foreign countries and might get taken by a scheme like this. Just my opinion. No facts to back it up other than my experience. Maybe it was that I didn't rent the vehicle. Maybe I tried to get him to lower the price. Maybe the guy had to work Christmas and wasn't happy.

I know I didn't have any problems. There were no other scratches, just the separation. We'd parked the car in a corner so no one could have hit the vehicle so I don't know but the airport police came and I explained the situation. And they told me they didn't want a Christmas incident. It's Christmas after all and I told them exactly it's Christmas. What the heck. So I know the superglue failure wasn't my fault. It looked as if either I'm being scammed. They patched or have a vehicle that's been glued back together no other scratches in the area. Or I'm not the first person to run into this but I may be the first to not put up with it.

I'm hoping Enterprise isn't changing their slogan to "we pick you up so we can rip you off." I've liked the way they've done business with me in the past but I'm guessing it's about what Santa decides to send your way, a spectacular Christmas or a bag of coal and the Enterprise assistant supervisor at Long Beach airport.

I was very satisfied with the customer service with Enterprise rental location, Hamden, CT. In particular with a very kind & concerned gentleman there by the name of FRED. Whenever I had a problem or needed more clarification on my rental, he was very helpful & I feel he went beyond to make sure that I was satisfied with my decisions. The team there are also great. I would recommend this location of service. I have taken out vehicles for long periods of time with them & was given a vehicle that most suit my needs. Like to thank FRED again. You're the best! Looking forward to future rentals there.

Terrible customer service from any location. They used to be really good but they have really lost any idea of good customer service. Phone communication is ridiculous and "YES" they will pick you up if time is not a factor and you are willing to call multiple times for a pick up.

I was given a rental by the dealership doing repairs on my car. I was responsible for the $10 upgrade charge because they were "low" on available rentals plus the $17 (and some change for the insurance on the vehicle). If I could give exact amounts, I would - but so far the receipts that I have received are not the actual amounts that I was given. Your first clue that this company is shady. When I took my rental back, the girl told me my charges were $33.31, but she was unable to give me a receipt at that time due to the dealership charges not being finalized. The next day an additional charge of $34.64 showed up. I contacted the rental company regarding additional charges appearing on my account without any further communication from their team, as well as still not having a receipt emailed to me.

First, I spoke to supervisor, Jordan. She assured me that she would have this rectified that day and a receipt would be emailed to me. I get the receipt and it is for $31.83, neither of the charges on my account actually match that receipt total. So I called back into the branch, considering Jordan did not think further communication or explanation was necessary. I reach a man named Brandon who tells me he is the branch manager. Do any of you think it is odd that I am just calling in and both times I am reaching individuals with clout (supervisor, manager) or do you believe as me that these low men on the totem pole were trying to block me from getting any employees in trouble from their illegal activities? You cannot just charge additional charges to a customer's card without any notification or permissions.

Brandon explains to me that there are currently some refunds processing, but I will have to wait a few business days before those are reflected. Funny, considering they did not wait at all regarding charging my account more than once and taking those funds fraudulently. These refund totals are for: $2.40 and $33.71. Go ahead, do the math, those refund totals are still not correct, and clearly the people they have working in their accounting department are not intelligent enough to figure correctly. Not only that, but I still do not show a charge on my account that matches the receipt they sent to me. How is that legal?

I had to contact my banking establishment because I did not have faith in their abilities at this point. The bank even confirmed they did not see refunds in pre-processing stages. They went ahead and filed disputes on the charges and asked me for a copy of said receipt and the names of the individuals that I had been in contact with. All of which was provided immediately upon request. Those refunds appeared on my account in a few hours. I would not trust this company. They do bad business and nobody really seems to care how they affect their customers.

Let me also add, they do a piss poor job at checking their rentals back in. I was specifically told that I was not allowed to have any animals in the rental. I needed to run an errand and popped the trunk to put the groceries in and what do I find, A CAT CARRIER. I left it there and brought that to their attention as soon as I dropped off the car. Who knows, maybe that is another scam this company does. They set you up and attempt to charge you even more.

DO NOT TRUST!!! I know that I will never rent a car from this company again. I have changed my credit cards and had the old ones cancelled so they cannot continue to charge me whenever they like. Goes to show that a company like this somehow stores your credit card information. If I had not been diligently watching my account, I would have been charged $67.95 from enterprise when they only had permission to charge 1 x $33.31 and they would have never done anything about it. Their books are clearly off and somehow they are getting away with that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

I rented a car at the Orlando International Airport for 3 days. 1 hour after delivery I realized I left my wallet in the car. I called the number provided and was quickly told they had my wallet. I rushed back to the drop off location and was told they needed to find out who told me they that because they could not find my wallet. I was given a card by the manager and told he would let me know either way. After no message I made a lost and found claim and was sent a return email they did not find. After a good experience with the car rental process I was completely disappointed with the way I was treated after losing my wallet. Enterprise you dropped the ball and I will not be renting from you in the future.

Rented from Enterprise in DC for a round trip to Savannah, GA. While in Savannah got word my wife's mother was dying in Boston. Bought an air ticket to get to Boston and called Enterprise to say I had a family emergency and wanted to change to a one-way rental for which I was happy to pay any extra fees and leave the car at Savannah airport. Customer service wouldn't hear of it and threatened me with legal action if I didn't return the car to D.C. Ate the price of air ticket and returned car to D.C. Mother-in-law passed on way. I never saw her alive again. I hate this company, wish them I'll and never miss an opportunity to badmouth them whenever I can.

I should have read the reviews before we set out to rent a SUV for the Christmas trip to Washington DC. We made reservation about three weeks out so there was plenty of time for them to get the car we requested from 12/22-29/2016. I was called about 16:30 on 12/21/2016 told the car was at the Eden NC location; that I could come over to get it that evening at no additional charge. Since it would be dark about the time I would arrive there I told the young lady I would wait until the scheduled next day pickup. My wife and I arrived at 11:45 on 12/22/2016. They were rushing us to sign the rental agreement, however I told her I wanted to see the car first to make sure it was what we wanted. She went around back to get the car, as she came around the corner I could see the car had not been cleaned on the outside. The tires were muddy with mud on the side of the vehicle.

As she got out of the vehicle I immediately complained. She said she could take it around the back to wash it. She said it would only take five minutes. When I open the back door a horrible smell hit me in the face... maybe she had a sinus problem because she asked me what was wrong. Not only was it filthy the rear tires were in poor condition. I told her we did not want the car. She said we went through great length to get the car for us on that day. We should be grateful she got us the car at Christmas time. Well we were not grateful for a dirty car with bad tires. Shame on you, you should not be allowed to operate on our highways with poor condition vehicles.

I called the corporate office that day but never call me back. Thinking we would have to cancel our trip I called National Car Rental (Alamo) at Greensboro Airport. I was told they had SUVs. When I got there the first question I asked, "Are your cars clean?" Her answer was "All of our cars are always clean." She asked me why did I ask her that. I explained to her what happened with Enterprise Eden NC. She apologized for them. She said, "You don't have to see the car first. I guarantee you it will have a clean and safe." I had a new 2017 vehicle with 200 miles and $80.00 cheaper. Stick with the pros. Thank you Alamo for saving our vacation.

I rented a car in Nov. They charged me $28 day for ins. I have insurance! Never said I could use mine! I'll never go back! Car dirty! Left half tank gas. I got ripped off for sure! I will never go back to Jupiter location!

So I rented an Enterprise vehicle: Paid for an Intermediate and they gave my daughter an economy (didn't tell her that wasn't what I rented) and lied to me when I asked - saying she ok'd it. They didn't tell her. My Costco rental amount was $126 (with tax) and they wanted almost $400 after "lowering" my rate. This was for a car 2 classes smaller! They finally agreed upon a $190. Notice I paid a LOT more to get away from them. It's called "BAIT and SWITCH" and the District Manager never bothered to call in over a week. (Placed complaint with Corporate Customer Service).

PER CUSTOMER SERVICE: Enterprise can't do anything on a NATIONAL LEVEL!!! It's not the first time they've lied to me on a rental (figured this out during this process). 2 out of 3 rentals were lies and switch - oops, you caught us, sorry...(that you caught us this time). In all the times I rented with Hertz, I was never cheated or treated this way. Hertz does have a national presence, and... #EnterpriseRentalsucks #Enterprise #Hertz #HertzRocks #FUEnterpriseRental #CarRentals #BaitandSwitch

Enterprise is running a scam. When you turn in your car, they make a claim that you've damaged it. They send a nasty letter to you and ask you to call their "damage recovery unit". I called this number several times and NEVER received a return phone call!!! (Voicemail says all calls are returned within 24 hours.) Then, they send your claim to a collections agency. Completely unethical. Will be hiring an attorney and reporting to Better Business Bureau, in addition to posting this everywhere I possibly can. Frustrated and confused.

STAY AWAY FROM ENTERPRISE!!! They are such liars and as they say on the phone, they treat you like family. If my family treated me like that, I would stay FAR AWAY! I have been charged 409 dollars due to an employee providing me with incorrect information and this employee was trained by the manager, Stacy!!! So because of this employee mess up, it has caused me to have issues with me keeping the rental which that's fine. Once I pay them off, I will NEVER, GOD willing deal with them ever again. They are liars and do not care if you're a loyal customer!!!

I'm very dissatisfied with the customer service I got trying to fix my issue. The girl even hung up on me. I flew to South America last month and I don't own any credit cards, which was fine because since I had a flight they allowed me to use my debit card, which I have 3 and with a lot of money in each of them. On my way back, I wasn't able to rent a car whatsoever because since I wasn't taking a flight somewhere, I needed a credit card to rent the car. I think it's stupid as hell and old fashioned like no other company. They're not just lacking options, they talk to you as if you were stupid and they can't wait to get this customer over with. I'm never going back to Enterprise!!

Mazda needed repair a recall on my RX-8. Mazda picked up the cost of the rental. Enterprise wanted 42 dollars a day to cover insurance. This means they were billing Mazda about 40 dollars a day and billing us an additional 42 a day to cover insurance. The total was about 82 dollars a day for the privilege of driving a Hyundai Sonata. We told them to stick it. I have since found out my insurance company would cover the insurance. I won't ever rent from Enterprise. Ripping people off is not my idea of what a good customer-oriented company does.

A month ago I had a car accident and the insurance company got me a rental vehicle from Enterprise. As soon as the insurance company made my reservation I received a phone call from Enterprise letting me know I could pick up a car when I'm ready. Asking me before if I was OK from the accident and being nice asking me for rides and much more stuff. I requested a change to a closer location where people were super nice also. All the representative at this rent a car location in North Miami took the time to greet every single customer that stepped in the store and received them with a kindly "Happy Holidays". A guy helped me find the right vehicle and explained me everything is a nice tone and never tried to sell me anything nor taking advantage of me.

By the time of termination of my rental, the guy that received the car kindly offered me a ride back home, a bag for my stuff, and help in general. The manager came out to make sure everything was great... And my only answer was AMAZING!! GREAT JOB with your customer service. Great job training you team members!! Excellent service at the North Miami and Doral locations. P.S: my recommendation is you guys should take care a little more of your cars and cleanliness.

My wife received a confirmation number online for a car and I took a 1 hour train ride to pick it up at the Burbank airport. Once at the desk, two employees explained that my debit card was not acceptable, that I must use a credit card. They also explained that I was out of luck because most the major car rental services had the same policy. Since I did not have a credit card, I was a bit upset and feeling I had been lured here unfairly... so I walked a short distance to Avis and then Hertz. I had no trouble renting from either using my card. I chose Hertz with no trouble. Enterprise is not customer friendly. Puzzled in Burbank.

I will never rent from Enterprise in East Hartford EVEN again. The business is sloppy. They tried to put me into a dirty smelly car until I refused to take it. I returned my rental on Tuesday. Expected my refund to be there by Friday the latest. I call Enterprise in East Hartford Friday morning. Spoke with a man and asked him why I haven't received my $100 deposit refund back. He said it was refunded on Tuesday when I returned it and I should get it either today (Friday) or tomorrow (Saturday).

Here we are on Saturday STILL NO REFUND. I called again today and spoke with a lady and she told me that as of yesterday (Friday) my $100 deposit refund was sent out to be returned to my account. WTF have they been doing since Tuesday. Why 4 days later is my refund being sent out... Had I not call them they would have kept my $100. I will NEVER rent from them EVER again. They are crooks, irresponsible, and they give poor customer service... Never again. I'd rather walk than rent from them again.

Rental period = 12/24/26 - 12/29/16. Location = Roanoke Blacksburg Regional Airport (Roanoke, VA). We arrived in the evening and it was dark so we couldn't see the inside or outside of the vehicle clearly. However the stench hit us immediately. Vehicles are supposed to be smoke free. However this one smelled like an 10 year old used ashtray. We piled in and drove to our destination, nearly sick from the smells upon arrival 45 mins later.

Upon closer inspection the next morning (12/25/16) we discovered layers of filth on the dash, in the vents, cupholders and storage areas. Further, in the back seat there was what appeared to be a semen stain and my husband found McDonald's sauce containers under the driver's seat. There were multiple burn holes and some sort of animal hair all over the inside. Additionally, what appeared to be blood initially may have been an explosion on the ceiling (back seat passenger side) of some sort of red fluid. It appeared this was someone's personal (albeit filthy) 4 year old vehicle rather than a rental. However inside the door a sticker showed the vehicle was just manufactured May 2016! How could a vehicle be so filthy in such a short amount of time?

Needless to say the car sat, unused, all day on Christmas as it was the holiday. The following morning I called Enterprise at the airport. Nobody answered. I called back and this time left a detailed message including my contact information. An hour passed, then two. No call back. We were able to acquire some cleaning supplies, a shop vac and air fresheners to make the vehicle somewhat tolerable- we had a vacation to experience after all. 3 more days passed and no call from Enterprise Roanoke Airport. Absolutely ridiculous.

The best day of our vacation to Virginia was the day we dropped off the vehicle at the airport and got on a plane to return home. All of our clothes, including coats, had to be washed immediately. Everything stunk to high heaven. I have rented a dozen cars and this experience was so bad I am sure it'll never be topped. Shame on you Enterprise Roanoke airport. Shame on you.

I was involved in a 4 car collision. The responsible party was through a 3rd party company which was paying for the rental. I left a deposit for the vehicle. That was the only time I authorized payment. I was contacted by the branch manager who was very rude. She charged me for the entire amount almost 1k dollars after I said no. She argued with me telling me there was a communication error. This is absolutely ridiculous. I hope she gets removed from her position. I will NEVER go through Enterprise or refer anyone to them. As a government employee they have just lost a lot of business.

12 December 2016 - Compliment. I would like to compliment the staff at the Enterprise in Yukon, OK. It’s just so nice to call Enterprise and get a pleasant voice on the phone. I called 29 Nov to make a reservation for pick up on 10 Dec. I spoke with Vincent, who provided me with 100% awesome customer service. I told him that type of vehicle I needed and how long. I then told Vincent that I didn’t even know that Yukon had an Enterprise, just happen to notice it when trying to book online, because I’ve always gone to the one on Meridian but Yukon office is so close to me. Once Vincent assisted me with my reservation, asked if anything else, gave me the office hours and address. Very outstanding customer service.

On 10 Dec, I called Enterprise and spoke with Vincent to inform him that I was on my way and might get there right at closing. He told me no problem. He would be there. I ended up arriving 15 minutes before closing. Walked in the door, and I guess Vincent must have known who I was right then. My vehicle was all ready, and just had to do the walk around for the check. Such very efficient customer service. I drove off a very happy customer. On 12 Dec, I returned my vehicle, and Vincent was there and was greeted when I walked into the office, "Hello Mrs. **." It’s so nice too that the staff remembers their customers. While Vincent was getting my paperwork together, I went to do the vehicle check with Jordan. Very awesome customer I received from Jordan also.

Once everything completed, I asked Vincent if someone could take me home because my husband wasn’t able to leave at that time. Vincent told me no problem, and introduced me to Travis who would be driving me home. It was great that I was introduced to the driver rather than some guy coming up to me asking me if I was ready, he was the driver. I just wanted to let Enterprise know what outstanding employees with the best of the best customer are working at the Yukon, OK office. Thanks so very much, and I will be using the Yukon, OK Enterprise again.

On 11/27/16, a full month before a long anticipated holiday trip, I reserved a vehicle at the Jupiter, FL location. On 12/27/16, the night before I was supposed to leave, I got a phone call from this location telling me they didn't have a vehicle for me! They promised to find me a vehicle and call me back before they went home. They said I would not be able to leave for my trip at 7:30AM, but would have to leave later that morning. I waited with my phone in my hands - no call. I called them back - no answer. I had to get on the phone with the 1-800 Enterprise number and hunt down another vehicle. They found me one 4 towns away. I was there at 7:30 AM - no vehicle! I called the 1-800 again, they found me one at a location one town south of that. Guess what - no vehicle!

I went to the original location I reserved from in Jupiter and was told they may have a vehicle for me at 10:00AM. It is 2 1/2 days later and not one person from this location or any of the others has called me. Where is my vehicle??? I reserved it over a month ago. This is a terrible way to do business. I have made 20 phone calls and no one cares. No one. With all the other rental car locations out there, I would advise anyone reading this to choose a different one.

My vehicle had a malfunction 50 miles from home so I used my triple A membership to have it towed to my mechanic. Triple A reserved a car for me through Enterprise. When I picked the vehicle up the staff was friendly &helpful. I was actually really pleased with the service. I met the employee in the parking lot where she had the driver's door open, taking down info & she told me to walk around the vehicle & look for damage. I walked around & didn't see anything stand out so I met her at the door & signed the paperwork. I drove the vehicle from the rental office to my home & parked it until the next morning when I drove it to the Enterprise office closest to me, approximately 7 miles away. When the employee went out to check the vehicle she came back & told me there were two deep scratches on the driver's door & asked if they were noted on pickup. I told her I didn't see any scratches.

I walked out to the vehicle where the employee showed me two surface scratches which she stated were deep scratches that I made & would be billed for. Long story short I called a bunch of people and tore into them because this company is very deceptive & sneaky trying to profit off of people by sticking them with bogus damage bills & they finally said they believed the damage wasn't caused by me & I wouldn't be billed. But I bet the next unfortunate sucker will be... BEWARE.

Pre-booked a Luton Van online and paid in full. I received an email confirming my hire and the agreed amount. Upon picking up the van I had to pay a security deposit of a further £200. I also paid an additional £24. Upon returning the Van I questioned the amount to depot staff but was assured that all was well. This extra £24 still troubled me and I rang their office and spoke to a very nice man called Zane who in turn spoke to his Manager who agreed to return the £24 along with the £200 security deposit.

I rented a car on Christmas eve to be picked up at noon. No one shared with me that the store in Royal Palm Beach FL off of Southern Blvd closing at noon. I arrived at 12:05 pm. The door was locked with customers inside as well as employees. They did open the door and told me that they were closed and the office should have not rented us a vehicle. There were 5 families in the same situation as I was standing outside waiting for them to get permission from the area manager to continue the hours until 2 pm which was on the door for store hours. We all called the corporate office and they stated the hours were from 9-2 and should not be closed at noon. They asked to talk to the manager and he refused to talk to the corporate office. After waiting for 45 minutes they stated “We cannot assist you.” and sent us to Congress Ave location.

I called Enterprise again to make sure they were open and had a car available after my terrible experience at the Royal Palm location. The central booking person at Enterprise assured me they did in fact have a car and were open. Upon arrival they stated “No we do not and the people at central booking and the Royal Palm location should not have said that.” I was extremely frustrated and annoyed. Apparently this is a common occurrence for Enterprise. They sent me to the airport location and finally they did have a car and were accommodating. The other families were not so fortunate. We all were going from place to place and the airport only had compact cars left.

Beware when considering a car rental from Enterprise. Week before my Son was scheduled to come back from Syria from deployment I made arrangements to rent a vehicle, all my info for reservations were confirmed by them. I live in New York and it was clear I was renting the vehicle for a week while at Camp Lejeune. When I entered Enterprise in Jacksonville, NC the manager Brian was rude as there was no eye contact and was very short!!! He said I need a Major credit card. I said "the agreement online said nothing as I read it. It said you accept Mastercard, debit." "No!!!" He stated, obviously that was the end of the conversation as he said "good bye... Have a good day!"

So there I was with my daughter and a rude manager so short no explaining anything or offering a solution. It was the worst treatment I have ever received as I'm in Nursing field so I met many personalities, he was the worst! So this trip cost me 1200$ extra. I have been diagnosed for the second time with cancer, I opted out on treatment so I could work part time so I could be there when my Son return from fighting for rude idiots as Enterprises manager. I had no car so had to sit in hotel the entire week, I had to fly home which I didn't have my compression sleeve as lymphedema from the cancer. I spent the last of my money, couldn't buy my kids gifts for Christmas because last minute flight for my daughter and I were so expensive, I had to leave clothing and so many personal items behind!

When you read the fine print and terms agreement please beware as it's not clear. The family owned business is not on the up & up. The hotel I stayed at the manager said "omg Enterprise has left 70 yr old women stranded at our hotel, I've heard so much bad regarding how they conduct business". She said she tells people not to go with Enterprise and refers them to Hertz. They have no idea exactly how special this trip to see my Son who is in the Marines was! I started saving the day he left!!! Is this how you treat someone who is fighting cancer and her Son is CPL in Marine fighting for the blanket of freedoms they enjoy as an American... Dear Enterprise you broke me of every dime I had... Please beware. It was heartbreaking experience!

Ready for my Christmas vacation which I made reservations for a 7 passenger van, since the entire family was going to Orlando, FL for the holidays. The day prior of going call Enterprise to confirm a vehicle and find out there was no vehicle available. They recommended to rent two vehicles, tried to explain it a family road trip. Unfortunate they overbook vans and SUV's. What a way to ruin your holidays... we end up going on our own vehicle.

They charge me over $730.07 for 5 days just because I drop the car in a different Enterprise location. The price was $50 for 1 day. BUYER BEWARE. They give you a price when you make reservations then charged you different price when you show up to pick the car... Don't rent from ENTERPRISE. Shop around and you definitely find better deals. This is daylight robbery. DON'T RENT CAR IN ENTERPRISE. BUYER BEWARE.

We had a reservation for a large SUV and we got to the location at 7 am and no car was available. They have spent 7 hours pushing us back and forth and in the meantime my vacation is going. They are rude, condescending and so unprofessional. They are absolutely horrible with customer service. Never again will I use them. They better find me a car and fast.

After having my car totaled early last year my insurance company arraigned a rental car through Enterprise Rentals. What a nightmare. I was charged over $500 in damages that were not there or caused by myself. I did not notice any hail damage or damages otherwise to this vehicle after the hail storm on April 12th, nor did anyone else, including the Enterprise employee that took my car in on April 20th. I was not given a copy of the turn-in inspection when I turned the vehicle in and repeated request after this claim was presented have been denied.

Additionally, after turning in the rental car, I returned to Enterprise after receiving a call from the individual that took in the rental, to pick up some belongings I had left behind in the trunk and again there was no mention of damage. After the claim was presented to me I was not afforded the opportunity to inspect the claimed damages. Furthermore, from the pictures that were sent to me I can see no hail or other damage. Given that there was an additional hail storm that occurred after I turned in the car (April 25th) and that thousands of cars were damaged in these storms, I feel there may have been a mix up. I know and have several witnesses that will attest to the fact that the rental car I had sustained no hail damage from the storm of April 12, 2016.

Today I received a letter from a collection agency Enterprise enlisted to collect. I called my insurance company USAA who said they paid whatever was above my deductible because they had so many claims from the hail storm and decided to go with the Enterprises decision without asking for turn-in or investigating further. Seeking Justice in San Antonio.

So, I dropped my car off at the shop to be fixed, then mosied on over, next door to Enterprise to pick up my rental. Seemed awfully convenient; I'd soon find out that wasn't the case. When I gave them a credit card for a reservation deposit (which is recredited at time of return) they REFUSED to use it because the CREDIT CARD WAS NOT IN MY **FULL** NAME! (it's in my husband's name - same last name). I spoke with the branch manager, who told me that that Enterprise has a STRICT policy & will ONLY release a rental car to the person, with a name on the original audit report, that made the reservation: FIRST name and last.

I WASN'T MADE AWARE OF THIS STRICT (and pertinent) POLICY IN ADVANCE! They only called to confirm my pick up, no heads up. I wouldn't doubt if this policy is in fact noted somewhere in the fine print, but... come on, Enterprise! This is a NECESSARY detail that needs to be brought to the customer's attention PRIOR to pick up!! They NEED to mention this detail in the reminder call/voicemail that is already made the day before. Needless to say, I walked home. I walked back with another card in hand; this time, with my **FULL NAME** on it. Enterprise, if this is (and trust me, it IS) a strict policy, simply remind the customer in the confirmation call of this detail to save a major headache. Not everyone carries more than one card at a time! SO frustrating.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.
  • Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.
  • Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.
  • Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.
  • Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.
  • Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.
  • Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.
  • Best for Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

Compare Rental Cars