Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.38/5
Based on 2,023 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Enterprise Rent A Car Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I recently rented a vehicle from Enterprise. From picking up the car to dropping it off I had a wonderful experience with this company. I picked up my car in Washington and drove it down to California. With my luck, I got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere in the mountains in California. I called the roadside coverage folks and although there was an issue with my contract both them and the office I picked the car up from worked together (instead of me having to bounce back and forth playing phone tag) to fix the errors to that way I could get the roadside assistance. The roadside assistance crew was amazing and got there pretty quick considering I was about 45 min from the nearest city and they were nice.

After all the bad luck I had on my road trip I decided to turn in my car somewhere other than where I picked it up from which wasn't part of my contract, but both offices were super friendly and helped out and made me aware of all of my options so that way I wouldn't be unknowingly eating any unexpected costs. I fully expected to pay the days I said I was going to have the car because that is what I signed up for, but I ended up getting refunded the days I had remaining. To some of you, that might seem like a silly thing to be excited for, but I cannot count the number of times I had to eat a cost like that. Even though the driving part of my road trip was a bust (at no fault to Enterprise), Enterprise helped make sure I was taken care of.

While I'm sure that all of the Entertprise Rent A Car offices are stellar, I wanted to shout out to the offices in Puyallup WA and Redding CA as well as the RAP folks. Every person in those three offices were stellar, friendly, professional, basically all the positive words you can think of. While I don't see myself road-tripping anytime in the near future, if I have to do it again I will definitely be using Enterprise and I encourage others to do the same.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Allison, thanks for taking the time to share the story of your rental experience with us! It's great to hear you received such great service. We look forward to seeing you next time. –Carol H.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I had recently suffered a death in my family and had to rent a Ford F150 to go home. I had the truck for over 28 days and didn't realize that my discounts were not being applied during the period I was renting. Upon return I had to go to the desk to square things away. This is where I met Enterprise rental Team member extraordinaire "Jayla". I explained my concerns to Jayla and she immediately went to work on my behalf and with a Managers approval she reduced my bill and helped me to roll over into another Ford truck. Jayla spent several minutes working out my entire issue and presented A-1 customer service to me as well. She showed an equal concern as to my situation and my recent loss... Professionalism, Customer care and Compassion are just a few of the words that come to my mind as I reflect on this visit to her counter. Enterprise continues to be my First choice rental agency. I commend Jayla on her her work ethic. She has Enterprise Brand Appeal!!

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Marshall, I am happy to pass your comments and compliments along to our upper management team in Atlanta. For your records my Incident ID is: 33760555. We look forward to seeing you again soon! - Carol H.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: June 13, 2019

I was nervous about hiring a car from Heathrow for 13 days and spent weeks researching online and reading reviews. I decided upon Enterprise as they gave me the best price for a small SUV. I was nervous for no reason as the entire experience with Enterprise was fantastic!! My mother and I were picked up from our terminal by the shuttle van. Within 10 mins we were dropped off at the Enterprise office, a lovely young lady had taken my details and asked me to take a seat, another lady took us out to show us the car and all I had to do was sign for it (I had already paid online). The Hyundai Tucson was in perfect condition, only 3 months old and very clean with a full tank of fuel. A few minutes later I was driving out of the airport! I was able to pick up my agreement at the gate as I drove out, but they had also emailed me a copy.

We loved the car - it had a spare tyre, free GPS and was great to drive around the UK. On our return 13 days later, Google Maps easily directed us back to the Enterprise office with returns entrance on the left. We parked the car, removed our bags and within minutes were shuttled back to the Heathrow terminal. Our small holding deposit we had to pay on the car was refunded to my credit card within 24 hours. The entire process couldn't have been easier!! I can't recommend Enterprise Rent-a-car high enough. I'd read a number of negative reviews about them (and all other rental companies), but from my experience I struggle to believe they were completely true!! If I do ever go to the UK in the future I won't hesitate to use them again.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Rented from Enterprise's TF Green Airport location this past weekend in Warwick, RI and I had a great experience from start to finish. Check-in at the counter was a breeze and the gentleman assisting me was very helpful considering this was my first time. When I went upstairs to pick up the car, Brian showed me all the cars available at the time and explained the insurance options in detail, which eased my mind. It was a good pay-week so I was happy to upgrade and there was totally no pressure at all. I'm so glad I did though as the luxury car served me much better on the trip (in terms of comfort and performance) than the car I initially booked, so that made the overall experience a lot better.

Brian was super kind to help me through the Bluetooth pairing setup and get me all squared away with the car. During my trip there were no issues at all. The car was flawless. When returning the vehicle it was just as smooth as when I picked it up. Dean helped me get my bags out of the car and was a pleasant/smooth guy to work with after such a long, tiring drive. Everything went better than I expected it to go and I can't wait to rent from this location again. Very helpful staff all around from counter to pick up to drop off, great vehicles, reasonable prices and very respectful of time. Overall 5 Star experience!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

On 1/3/19 we rented from this location for the second time. Just like the first time it was easy and quick to make the reservation and pick up the car. The agent was very friendly and helpful and very thorough as we looked the car over for prior damage, and then asked if I wanted to prepay for my gas at $2.10 a gallon, explaining that I would not have to stop to fill the car before returning it. I agreed to that and noted that she said it has 11 gallons in it, but that was all she said about it. When we paid for the rental she explained that there was a $250 deposit that should be back in my account 24-48 hours after we returned the car. It would take that long because it was a debit card. Most of the deposit was returned to my bank account on 1/9/19, but I did not get $24.97 back.

I emailed to find out why I was charged that much, and yesterday 1/14/19 I got a phone call from a customer service rep who tried a couple of times to convince me that it had been explained to me when I rented the car that I was in effect paying for the full tank of gas that was in the car when I picked it up. I asked him if he thought I would have agreed to buy the entire tank if that had indeed been explained to me when I knew I'd be driving the car less than 120 miles in total. It turned out to my satisfaction, however, because after a few minutes he offered me a refund. We agreed on an amount and apparently the refund will be back in my account tonight or tomorrow. Overall, my experience with Enterprise has been positive and I would rent from them again... and now that the prepaid policy has been explained to me, I will not prepay if I won't be going very far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

After reaching out to the actual location, then the corporate office/customer service for days after the rental, I didn't hear a word back from the supervisor at this location (Durango/La Plata County airport). Having been overcharged more than double the rental amount. Corporate escalated the situation twice, and yet I still never heard a word from the actual location/supervisor. I then call them, finally reaching the location supervisor and he proceeds to hang up on me. After not even listening/processing what I said. Childish, disrespectful, incompetent and unacceptable. I've managed businesses for years and have NEVER hung up on a customer. Don't hire people that have zero concept of customer service and lack of couth.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

We rented a car due to an accident. It was a scheduled pick up during the week when I arrived to pick up they didn't have anything ready for another 2 hours. Which prevented me from being able to pick up my kids from school with no vehicle. Their best accommodation was we will drop off the car to you in 2 hours. When it finally arrived it had broken fog lights, scratches all over the front and side, a check engine light, oil change light, and tire change light. They had a young guy dropped it off with no paperwork, nothing to sign, nothing depicting damages waited in the street for his uber and left. I called the next business day to inform the office and the first thing the woman rudely said was... "and you didn't get a receipt? how was that possible.. You didn't sign?'' Then puts me on hold and says, "Oh yes we have the damage detailed."

Then the car won't start for my wife while she is at work (battery issues) and they want to charge me 50.00 to send a roadside assistance out. Since when is a renter liable for maintenance to their vehicles? After dealing with Amanda the manager and dealing with their roadside assistance to assist in the situation the vehicle was swapped out with another office in Toms River. Customer service at that location is a complete 360 from the Bayville office. The woman was very sweet and helpful. Finally we got the new rental and my wife is unable to exit out the passenger door (the handle won't open the door). I also received a call from the area manager who left me a message to call back and I have called back and left messages with no contact with her. This is by far the worst experience I've had with a car rental company. If you had to rent from enterprise within this area avoid the Bayville location.

Update as of 12/03/19

The same vehicle rented had front end damage to bumper and fog light area when it was dropped off to me due to them not having the vehicle ready for me at the scheduled time. (Which I have since returned for another vehicle since this one had mechanical issues and wouldn't start.) Spoke to both Amanda and the Regional Manager to which they both stated the damages were noted prior. They gave me a Dodge caravan in exchange which now the front passenger door won't open because it is broken.

I just received a letter now from Enterprise telling me to pay for the same damages or submit to my insurance. When I spoke to their damage department they claimed they would reach out to Both the manager and regional manager to make sure this was the case. 1 week later and multiple phone calls no response received. This is a serious problem. I have had a rental for 2 months now due to my current vehicle being in the shop for repairs. Now they want me to pay for damages that were done by another driver?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Our family rented from here several times but this time was an even better experience. Our Sales Rep ** went above and beyond to assure my satisfaction. Had a great attitude and double checked the vehicle before I pulled off the lot. The suggested car was a perfect fit for the occasion. She asked a few questions and made sure our family was comfortable and safe for the ride. I will continue to use Enterprise and specifically this location at 2926 Bert Kouns Ind. Loop Shreveport, LA. 71118.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Never ever ever and I mean EVER rent from Enterprise in your life. They are scam artists and scumbags. Haven't rented from them in months but they just took an unauthorized $650 from my account. Right before Christmas. I dont know why they took this money, and nobody from their end can enlighten me.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Gina, we certainly understand how upsetting it is to encounter unexpected charges and we do our best to make sure this doesn't happen. We would like to look into your billing concern for you. Please us at email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, exact location, rental agreement or reservation number and the information above. Thank You. - Carol H.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I frequently rent vehicles through Enterprise. The first few times were great. As of November 1, 2019 customer service has declined. I’m a platinum member and will no longer be using Enterprise. I don’t even know where to begin with the list of issues and I’ve encountered in the last 30 days. The vehicle I reserved was not available and the representative didn’t care much and I was stuck with a smaller vehicle than I had reserved. I have coupons as a platinum member that I was not able to use. More than 30 days later I’m still waiting on my deposit to be refunded.

I called customer service on November 20, 2019 to discuss my concerns and I never received a phone call or email. The manager in the local office he would call me back, I never received a call from the manager. I sent an email and called customer service again and I finally receive a call from the Area rental Manager on November 27, 2019 and as of today I’m still waiting for all issues to be resolved. I’m frustrated and disappointed with the customer service.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Natalie, your honest feedback is appreciated. Please reach out to us at care@enterprise.com at your earliest convenience with the details above, your rental agreement number, rental office location, and your preferred contact information. Thank you. - Carol H.

Enterprise Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.

• Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.

• Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.

• Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.

• Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information