1.53/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a good rental car company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Enterprise Rent A Car

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

2586 Enterprise Rent A Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I rented a car for 8 days and Enterprise Car Rental in Vero Beach, FL was negligent when they released the rental car to us with two bald rear tires. After we traveled six hundred miles the low air in tire indicator on dashboard came on. We pulled into the closest place which was a tire store. The owner of the store looked at the tires and showed me where the steel belt was showing and told me the car was not safe to drive. I called a local Enterprise and explained the problem. They informed me that all local locations were out of cars and that we would have to drive the dangerous car an hour away to the airport to resolve the problem. We had to waste the complete afternoon at my expense to resolve their neglect to insure they rented a safe car to me.

Their negligence put me and my family at deadly risk and everybody else on the highway. The only way they could have rented us a car with bald tires is if they didn't even check the car out before they released it to us or they did check it out and saw the bald tires but did not care about them being bald. I deserve compensation for my time to correct their problem. What are you going to do about it?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Have been a loyal customer with enterprise for the past 2 years or better. I have never been so displeased by their carelessness. I was told I can never rent a car from Enterprise the entirety of my life. I admit I was in the wrong for letting a valid unauthorized driver drive the car. But where is your punishment for me driving off the lot in your car with expired tags, and getting pulled over by the police. To only be let go. It's safe to say you're loyal to a business that would jeopardize your freedom. NOTE: check your tags before renting a car!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I rented a vehicle in 2009, upon return the Rep did a visual inspection and did not say or note any issues. I received the $50.00 deposit back and then shortly after I received a letter informing me I owed ** amount of dollars for damage. I called and disputed the charge for obvious reasons and just found out I am on the "do not rent" list.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Well my wife had a car accident today and my insurance company said to use Enterprise Rent A Car so we called them and while on the phone they discuss how they will pick you up. The agent that I spoke to from the King St. Kitchener Branch told me that another SUV was available and told me someone would pick me up to get the vehicle within 45 minutes. Well no one picked me up after 2 hours so I decided to call their office and they were closed. I decided to contact the Enterprise head office and so I called them and discussed the situation and was told that they sent out an emergency call to the regional manager and he would call me to discuss getting my vehicle. Well no callback at all so I am going to request another rental car company to get my vehicle. Will never use Enterprise Rental again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I had booked a car with them one week in advance. I booked a certain size car that we were going to need for our travels. When we arrived they only had a small compact available. We needed to get on the road right away so we had no choice but to take it and go. The thing is that they contacted us the day before to confirm that we still intended to rent a car and they didn't tell us at that time the car we reserved was not available. I will never rent from them again. Horrible service!!! Do not rent from these people!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I was hit in rear by individual, their insurance paid for PREMIUM rental car. When I arrived at the Enterprise lot on Smokey Park Hwy Asheville, NC, they had no cars. They wanted me to take a Nissan Altima which was fine, however, opened the door and the stagnant cigarette smell would knock you out. Next car was a rattle trap Jeep, no way. So they called the other location on Patton Ave., they had a Nissan Rogue. They brought over, was out of gas, had to go for gas. This was a ridiculous wait as the insurance company had already sent info to them.

Well, I return car with 1/2 tank of gas, that is amount I left with. Them my AX bill comes in and they have charged me $371 in extra above the $380 the insurance has paid. Could not believe this bill, charged for gas, charged additional for the Murano (premium which I was to get). I fought this however, they are known for this. NEVER WILL I GO TO THESE CROOKS AGAIN. I was warned of this by my sister, an insurance agent, as they no long do business with Enterprise.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I tried to rent a car for a day and I booked it 2 days before itself. As I am new to this place, I called them and ensured that whether they will provide me a car with Texas driving licence, they also said they can provide me one. But on the time of taking they told they cannot, as in my card it mentioned as limited term and also it other state card. I tried to explain them that all the original driving licence in Texas will be mentioned as limited term and the card which I gave to them is not a limited driving licence. They are not ready to listen my word at all.

At last my friend showed his NJ driving licence, but they are not ready to give at the same price as I booked. They charged me extra amount and they made me to take mandatory insurance. Actually the car which I booked is only 45$ but at last I took with $103. The car which I took is also not in good condition, it's damn worst, even AC was not working properly. I rented a car from Somerset St., Edison, NJ. I am totally disappointed with their service, I will never take car from Enterprise anymore and I will never allow or refer my friends also.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Despite the fact that I did not cause any damage to a rental car and despite the fact that my insurance company backed me 100% and said not to pay Enterprise one dime as they showed absolutely no proof, I made the mistake of sending a check in anyway. Why? Because Enterprise was making harassing phone calls and sent my supposed balance to a collection agency. They cashed the check - which had "final payment" on it. Yet, I continue to get notices from a collection agency. This is how Enterprise scams people. They get people to pay because they don't want a collection record on their credit report! Do not rent a car from Enterprise or Alamo or National. They are one and the same. I will continue to use social media to get my message out until I stop getting harassed!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We booked car at 10645 101 st, Edmonton, AB location on Oct 8 because this location is 7 min from my house and we don't have car. I called for pick up, lady name ** answered and told me she can't schedule me for pick up because my address is on St. Albert trail which is not in downtown so I told her it's not first time for us picking up from here. We did 2-3 time in past and a guy came for pick up so why can't she schedule then she said she is not allowed? Just because my address is on St. Albert trail? What a rude? So I asked her how can we come there? She said, "take a cab?" Excuse me?? Just because we don't have car that's why we are booking through Enterprise and she told us to take a cab? They always set up for pick up. And she said straight no and was so rude to me and my husband. She needs to understand situation of customer.

I also have her option if she can modify address and change address so we can get from somewhere else and she said no to that as well. She is very very rude, arrogant lady. Just because of her I spend $20 for cab to pick up car and $20 I will give tomorrow when I will drop off. What an stupid service she gave us. I would not going at this location ever and not booking car from here. They have free pick up and drop off still I end up paying $40 to cab. Very disgusting service, unprofessional behaviour. She disappointed me so badly, never going there ever again. Stupid lady.

Also when I asked her at 5.24pm can I talk to someone else there or manager and she said there is no one else and when my husband went for pick up at 5.45pm he asked for especially her and she wasn't there. Some other lady helped. What a liar she is. I hope this complaint goes to that location and manager take some step against it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Why reserve a car to have no cars available when you arrive at the Enterprise location? What is the reservation for? I was headed to see my brother who is in a long-term faculty with a brain injury. When I arrived, the car I reserved was not available. All they had was a mini-van and a souped up Dodge. Where was my reserved car, the one that fits my driving comfort level?

The manager thought my inconvenience was all a big joke. I had to let him have it at a certain point because I was very disappointed that the trip to check on my brother was not to be and it seemed like the manager did not care. By the way, four other stores were called with no results. Not even in a close by state were there any cars available. Why make a reservation?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

About two years ago I was getting my car fixed, the place had Enterprise pick me up from right down the street. Nice, huh? The guy was nice. Car was clean. It all went swimmingly. I tell them I'll pay insurance for about three days. It took much longer than planned to fix the car (had to order parts and such), therefore I needed the rental for longer. This was all good. Still within the timeframe my insurance company covered. I called after those three or so days and told the Enterprise employee my situation and that I wanted to opt out of their insurance (which is totally optional if you have your own, but my then recent bout of bad luck told me to get that extra coverage just in case - I didnt need my insurance rates to go up). And I couldnt really afford that extra insurance they offer anyway.

So she replies that she understands. "No one really gets it anyway," she says. I start checking my credit. Trying to better myself. Put my big girl pants on. And what do it see looming over me... a big delinquency from the ENTERPRISE insurance bill I never paid in full (because I asked to be taken off it). Probably not worth the fight. Not that I didn't call them regarding it. But what can I do? Guess I'll just pay the approximately 250 bucks and watch my score improve. IF they report my payment to the credit bureaus. By the way, what do you do if you pay but it is never reflected in your credit report after a long time - a year?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I have rented from them several times in the past in Sevierville TN and Don't have a major credit card. I flew to Nevada and tried to rent a car. They refused to rent to me because I don't have a major credit card. Rented a Penske truck. Drove all the way to Findlay Ohio. Tried to rent a car. They refused again because of major credit card. Will never rent again or recommend this company to anyone. Will do my best to detour anyone from renting from Enterprise ever. This company sucks.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I rented a car at Cranbury NJ for week-end special on Sept 30 2017. I had previously rented for week-ends rental promotions and there was no limitation on mileage. This time when I rented the car the mileage rental was not mentioned but I was charged when I returned the car. I had also mentioned the manager that I would be traveling out of state while renting the car but he did not mention about mileage limitation. They did not mention about the extra mile charges when renting the car. This is cheating and does not conform to the customer service quality they promise.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I hit a deer in a rural area where I live and my insurance company has rental car coverage. So being that my Jeep had to have repairs and my wife needed a car to drive I got a rental car from Enterprise. At first as they were extremely nice and helpful. The body shop was asking me to sign something without showing me what they were repairing so I declined decided to use my day off to go down there and find out what was being repaired. Agreed on terms and the body shop took longer than expected but instead of getting in touch with me to let me know my insurance rental limit expired Enterprise charged me $340 bucks and kept my deposit.

On top of that the first form of a contact I received from their company was a text. Message stating I needed to return their vehicle with 3 1/2 hours or they were calling the police and reporting it stolen. I immediately called the number they texted from and let them know I spoke to my agent and he has a different claim number they can use to clear any balance and cover me until the body shop is done. Chris ** said, "No he didn't care that I needed to have the vehicle back or he was calling the police." Do NOT do business with these scumbags. They'll rack up charges, not notify you they are doing so and then threaten to call the police. Worst experience ever and I'll be speaking with their corporate offices. I've kept the text message screenshot.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I'm a 26 year old Los Angeles resident and rented an Enterprise car through Uber for work purposes and not having money for a downpayment on a car. I had just moved back from New York with no place to live so I lived day and night in that rental waking up to work 8-12 hour days to be able to get my own place and my own car.

A couple weeks in my rental was impounded because Enterprise did not send my accident report to the DMV within 10 days getting my license suspended. So when I got pulled over not only did I get arrested but everything I owned was in the vehicle. I got out of jail a couple hours later and asked Beverley Hills police department how to obtain my property and they said that I need a rental agreement to show I am the renter. When I called Enterprise to send my rental agreement they refused and said that they will send someone from corporate to obtain the vehicle and I can proceed to get my belongings from them. I didn't want my stuff in the hands of anybody else and pleaded to just send it over and I can get my belongings and they can take the vehicle back and they still refused. I kept calling to see when they would come get the vehicle and nobody could give me any answers or direct me to someone with answers.

I ended calling down to the tow company to find out from them the car had been returned to Enterprise and I was never notified by Enterprise. I called and called and called Enterprise just to be told they had no clue who had the car and no one to contact on where the vehicle was at. They kept saying, "We are going to email our regional manager" and I never received a call or anything. I called every single day for two weeks straight to get nowhere.

Two and a half weeks later this lady went on her own to search deep into what was going on just to tell me that when they received the car they did not send any of my belongings to lost and found but they sent the car to a auto body shop and another third party place to have it cleaned with all of my belongings still in the car. Everything I owned was in the car and when I told them I was coming down to claim my belongings the whole cabin of the car had been cleared (I had stuff everywhere in my car) and only my underwear were left in the trunk. I had four duffle bags full of clothes, a Vizio television, my cellphones and a bunch of miscellaneous items ALL GONE!

Now Enterprise is telling me even though they refused to let me go in the car that they are not liable for any missing items. I own absolutely nothing now and have to go through court just to even obtain my license back for their mistake. It absolutely hurts me more than anything that everything I owned and worked hard for can just get taken from me and Enterprise will just shrug it off and say, "Oh well we don't care". Not to mention I paid 1200 a month for this rental for three months. So I overpaid you guys and get a slap in the face as a return. This hurts and all I'm left with is this pain and some underwear. I have literally had to live with the clothes I had on my back and the underwear left in my trunk and nothing to compensate for anything I owned.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I rented a Jeep from FLL in July 2017 and upon driving away in their vehicle my husband, myself and rep of Enterprise went over entire vehicle and marked all the scratches and dents on vehicle including a dented bumper. The computer screen with the rep was basically lit up in red of all the dents and bumps. Not saying the vehicle was bad but wanted to mark everything for this very reason.

A month after returning home I started getting a call from a rep in PA that was extremely rude stating I dented the front bumper. NOW I got a collections letter. I did not dent this bumper and even called the president of Enterprise to get this resolved. To this day I haven't heard anything else from Enterprise. Just now a collection letter to deal with. If I damage something I would pay but I did not do any of this damage. I asked rep to look at prior records and of course they won't because they are blaming me. So with this being said wonder how many times they have collected on the same bumper.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I would recommend going anywhere else. This location in Caldwell, Idaho is a joke. They rent unsafe, filthy cars and they charge higher than your reservation amount. Logan the branch manager is a perfect example of what a manager should NOT be!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Two days prior to renting a vehicle I spoke to manager Brad at Enterprise on Michigan St in South Bend. He quoted me $159.75 which included the insurance for the price of a midsize vehicle. He guaranteed me the day before the rental that I would receive a Altima Nissan or a Chevy Malibu the day of the pickup a vehicle I came hour early and he said it wasn't arriving yet that I had to come back at 3:30. When I came back at 5 come to find out we did not have the vehicle he guaranteed along with not the price guaranteed try to charge me $280 instead of 159 also they added a 15% markup because of the card found that the manager Brad have lied to me about the price along with the vehicle guaranteed. This was the worst customer service I have ever encountered for car rentals.

Two days prior to renting a vehicle I spoke to manager Brad at Enterprise on Michigan St in South Bend. He quoted me $159.75 which included the insurance for the price of a midsize vehicle. He guaranteed me the day before the rental that I would receive a Altima Nissan or a Chevy Malibu the day of the pickup a vehicle. I came hour early and he said it wasn't arriving yet that I had to come back at 3:30. When I came back at 5 come to find out we did not have the vehicle he guaranteed along with not the price guaranteed try to charge me $280 instead of 159 also they added a 15% markup because of the card found that the manager Brad have lied to me about the price along with the vehicle guaranteed.

This was the worst customer service I have ever encountered for car rentals. I then want to National Alma in the Airport was very well taken care of including a cheaper price and was out the door with the rental within 15 minutes of arrival. I will not recommend Enterprise in South Bend on Michigan Street to anyone to use. They do not walking in integrity or great customer service.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I rent a car for $57/day and they said it included everything. Unfortunately I need to extend for another day and they said it's 56. They charge me $100 for deposit and I didn't see my deposit reflect in my account after I returned the car for a week. When I call them they said I opt in all the full coverage insurance and other things, and the deposit offset all of this. It means they charged me $100 per day for a compact car. Such a ridiculous service and no one ever explain about the extra charges when I went there.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We were on vacation in Port St Joe FL, our truck had some electrical problems and wouldn't start. We looked up an Enterprise location near us. According to Enterprise there were none. We found 3 online in Panama City Florida 48 miles away. Due to the distance issue I Called Enterprise for assistance in making a reservation. The guy was very helpful, and explained most locations can only travel 10 miles for pick-up. However, he explained, a few locations could travel 50 miles. He said we were in luck the location at 2024 W 23rd St, Panama, City FL 32401 was a location that was authorized to travel 50 miles. He made our reservations for the next day with a 2 o'clock pick up.

Well 2 o'clock came and went, I called at 2:30 and Location Manager ** said he had no pickups that day. However after actually checking there were pickups (the location opened at 12 he hadn't checked in 2 hours of opening). He told me, There is no way anyone from my location is going 50 miles. I informed him that reservation had told me his location was approved for 50 mile pickup. He said he didn't care what they told me, no one from his location was going over 10 miles to pick anyone up. (Keep in mind we're stranded, in a Very small Beach town.)

At this point I called customer service and spoke with a supervisor who called **, she said there was no excuse. She apologized and said, "This is Not the way Enterprise does business." And his excuse to her he was working alone, we know that wasn't the case. But, all the apologies in the world did not help. We were totally stranded, and told we would be picked up, and not only did they not come. ** Was beyond rude!!! We had to call our son in Atlanta to turn around and come back. They had left earlier.

Our son had to drive my husband an hour in awful storm, as I am disabled. ** the location manager didn't care I was disabled and we're stranded. That was our problem to get there, he said over and over no one at his store was driving 50 miles. He didn't let them go over 10. They made it to the location (1-hour time difference). ** checked out my husband and told him there was a location in Port St Joe after all. What a surprise, why didn't reservation or ** just tell us there was a location not 10 minutes from us. ** told my husband I was covered to drive, (she didn't have my license so how) yet she didn't give him a copy of the contract. And she told him the dent above the wheel well is not as big as a golf ball so they're not worried. They Know Its There.

** said, "I will email the contract to you," she did the whole order on her tablet, keep that in mind. She had my husband enter his email address, and would email it to him immediately. My husband arrived back 3 1/2 hours later, it took her forever to do the contract on her tablet. My husband checked when he returned No Contract. And of course they were closed by then.

Our insurance company needed information of the rental information. Since it was a weekend, and no contract we had to wait to have our car towed, no information to give insurance company. It would be 2 different deductibles if they didn't do it all at the same time. As 2 different departments handle mechanical breakdowns.

So 9 am we called Enterprise office at 2024 W 23rd St Panama City where the very rude ** said he was manager. I have never had anyone speak to me so rudely, total lack of professionalism and Zero Customer Service. His only worry was himself and stating over and over he was the manager. After the 9 am call to Enterprise for the contract we were told they were emailing it. Hours later still No Contract from Enterprise. I called and spoke with **, I told her we still had not received the contract, and I ask if she could please send it.

** said, "I don't have access to log on a computer." OK you just took my husband's information the day before and told him she would email it immediately. She laughed, and said ** would handle us. I told her, "Look the body shop is going to be closed. We need the contract." She said, "I don't have log in information to get on a computer." I was very upset, at this point you could easily tell they were withholding the contract on purpose.

I again called customer service and spoke with Another supervisor. Again I was told this is not how Enterprise does business. Well it obviously it was exactly how Enterprise does do business with managers like ** and **. The supervisor put me on hold and called the office, they would be emailing it right out. I told the guy I spoke with, "No. I will be staying on the line until I actually receive the contract."

Finally at 3:33 I received the email, I guess to be ugly I received like 5 copies of the email about 5 minutes apart. Reservations and ** told us there was no issue dropping the car off at another location. Of course when we called they said there would be a 50$ charge to drop it off at the Port St Joe location 10 minutes from us. My husband spoke to a lady (who is store manager for Tuesday) so who knows who the manager actually is at this location. After my husband told her ** said there was no charge to drop at another location. She graciously reduced the no fee to $30.00.

I have to say we have always in the last 35 years used no one but Enterprise and always ask for Enterprise through our Insurance company. I will Never rent another car from Enterprise since Enterprise chooses to hire rude incompetent people to work for them. This cost us an additional $680.00 on the rental house. Because of the incompleteness of the reservations made at a location an hour away from us. The failure of Store location manager ** to follow proper store procedures and check to actually see if he had a pickup when he opened the store. Not 2 hours later when I called. And **'s failure to just tell us, yes there is a location right near you. Port St Joe is his next location on West Florida coast. And the antics of the store staff it has cost us over $850 plus 2 days of work.

All I can say is BEWARE of any dealings with Enterprise Rent A Car. What reservations tells you is not even worth the phone call. And their slogan ''We'll pick you up'' even from a location authorized according to reservations and the supervisor at Customer Service to travel up to 50 miles. Don't count on Enterprise Rent A Car. They won't pick you up, they will leave you stranded.

Thanks to Enterprise rent a car and their employees. That was a perfect vacation for me to recover from my surgery. Ended with 2 days of total hell, my cast got wet, my incision is infected from getting wet and our stress level is worse than before we left Atlanta. So don't think just because you used Enterprise Rent a car in the past you can trust them, call someone else, call anyone but Enterprise Rent A Car and stay as far away as possible from the 2024 W 23rd St Panama City, FL location with employees Manager ** and **. They will talk to you awful, laugh at you while they play games with your life and not give a second thought to the lives they impact with their childish games. So buyer or renter in this case beware and run as far from Enterprise Rent A Car as you can.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Went in to get a rental for a day or two and was given a car, 2016 Hyundai Sonata, black with beige interior. The front seats were disgusting with stains and had to put towels down in case I had a passenger. No floor mats so put towels down there also so when it was returned, it was clean. That vehicle should be taken aside and the front seats thoroughly cleaned before re-renting to anyone else and if they have to use it, give the customer a huge discount. The male employee in there is not a people person. Apparently not comfortable with people. The female was great and she had given her 2-week notice as she stated it was the worst place to work. I can see why.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

OMG. OMG. I swear every time I go to that Enterprise in Lubbock Texas off of loop 289 I ask myself, “Why did I go anywhere else in Lubbock for my car rentals?” that includes all of the other Enterprise locations as well. Now I must say all of them are good but this one location OUTSHINES THEM ALL. The professionalism, the appearance of the men and women, the attitude’s always on point and everyone knows how important my time is to me. I swear the whole process from picking me up to getting me in a rental has never been over 25 minutes. I keep asking myself is this real, someone pinch me I must be sleep walking. This crew is exceptional. I will never go anywhere else but to this one place for life.

I could go on and on and on about how OUTSTANDING THEY ARE AMAZING but what really stands out the most is after I get the rental and I receive a call thanking me for renting at the establishment and then they ask me if the car I rented is up to my expectations and If I need anything or if I am having any problems. I mean WHAT, THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED EVER TILL NOW. If I could I would give them millions upon millions of stars, great job, good teamwork and thank you Enterprise for making my family so welcome and a part of your family. If I could, I would promote and give out bonuses to these men and women. You all are definitely a welcomed part to my life. And thank you, I appreciate all of the professionalism that I receive each and every time!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I made a reservation a week before the date in Bardonia, NY, I called them to confirm. They take debit card, they say yes. When I arrived at location they say "sorry debit card is only accepted with NY Driver license". They knew I was coming from Florida, they screwed my vacation.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I called Enterprise this morning to find out the procedure to rent a car. I was actually calling for my daughter who was at work and had an emergency situation in which, she needed to rent a car. The man told what she needed to bring in since she didn't have a major credit card and was going to use her debit card. There were 3 things she needed - utility bill, proof of employment and proof of insurance. She had all 3! But because her driver's license didn't have the same address as her utility bill, they would not rent to her!!! I don't get it! She even offered to pay CASH! No, they don't take cash!!! What the heck!!! POLICIES NEED TO CHANGE!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I wish that I had read the reviews on this site before I rented from this company after my car accident. I received my rental with some very small dings in the front drivers side bumper which the female rep told me not to worry about because they were aware of them. When I returned the vehicle there was nothing different about it so despite my better judgment I didn’t take pictures because I knew I didn’t bump, ding, nudge, swipe or cause any other damage to the vehicle. Imagine my surprise when I got a call saying they were filing a claim for damage to the front bumper. I could not believe what I was hearing. The claim they sent to my insurance was for $1200.00 worth of damage.

I'm still flabbergasted and extremely pissed that my insurance paid it! And even though they deemed it not my fault with no evidence of impact, Enterprise is still demanding my $500 deductible with a threat that I won’t be able to rent a car from them or the sister companies until it’s paid. I would laugh if this was funny. Believe me Enterprise I won't be using your company EVER again and I plan to make sure I tell anyone and everyone that I know who are even thinking of renting a vehicle from you of my experience and to read these reviews from people like me who you have scammed with your shady business practices of false claims!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Damage Recovery Unit Process for Simple Rear End: Here is my experience and horrible service. I had a great relationship with renting most of the time, but don't get hit in an Enterprise vehicle and the person who hits you does take full responsibility, reports it to their insurance company Encompass Home and Auto insurance company who agrees to the liability immediately and Enterprise holds onto the deposit on the debit and or credit card amount in their account for an estimate of 30 to 45 days. In addition, I went through several days of trying to get my refund and between the branch where I rented and their corporate division there is not transparency by documentation on where my money is after this accident and who is responsible for the return and when by documentation.

This is obviously a B2B issue with transparency to the customer whose money is still not in their account as agreed once liability was "picked-up" by the person who hit you in an Enterprise vehicle. Here is some of the documentation documented and still no one will send me anything on where my refund is actually: DRU Rep: Kiana - Enterprise claim no: ** damage recovery unit: Maxine claim representative: Sep. 20th, 2017 at 12;04 PM. Scott **: ** of Encompass Auto and Home Insurance: claim number: **:

Stated that she hasn't a corporate phone number and address: 15 min. to call the FCC for transparency into why my funds are in their account after the release back into my account by Onya, in the DRU Enterprise department has lost dropped the ball and states that it is the responsibility of the branch to handle the return of the funds their way. When I stated that Samantha already told me that she spoke with the branch manager and the corporate office would be returning the funds back to my CC/DC left me without a contact number until today after spending: 15 min. on the phone with Maxine in Enterprises claim department about where is my confirmation of this return going to the corporate office and why I can't have proof of this? I was give no rationale except she will give this information to me now although this was the reason for my call initially.

I am emailing corporate/complaint: Office Line: ** // 1-800-261-7331 and supervisor. Email address: Enterprise contact Information: ** FCC needs to tell me be informed of this gray and nontransparent area in practice with the B2B banking industry and holding of funds that was to be returned once the liability as Onya confirmed was covered by Encompass Auto and Home insurance by Mr. Brian ** that hit me on Sep. 1st, 2017 and the vehicle inspected on the 5th has no confirmation of anything related to my account documented. Email was done to the branch on Sep. 14th, by Onya, and is to take (3-5) business days for processing to my account and that my bank may have another processing time.

My complaint: I have been told that these steps happened without confirmation numbers and or documentation. I want the documentation of these request sent to my email with the same dates and time to verify the steps taken to refund my account and how the refund was to take place with the date and time a policy on this refund.

I have requested the transparency into the refund and haven't to date received any proof of the processing back into my account for processing my refund. Please forward me all the conversations and the steps that are to process this refund. Question: What do you think should happen to this agency as they keep a hold of the funds from my account?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I'm from the Lower Keys that just got destroyed from Irma, evacuated to Columbus Mississippi, stopped in at office on 45 to inquire about renting a truck or van one way back basically got blown off by their personnel, picture 3 employees with an empty office not willing to help an evacuee. How unprofessional. I hope I have the opportunity to help them one day, I would go out of my way to help anyone, just thought Corp. Should know the caliber of their people.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Enterprise Chicago Car Rental 10 East Grand location is cheating uber drivers by getting their rental from Uber earning and never paying back security deposit (which is more than a week rental). I rent the car from Chicago Grand Location on 13th July and return back next week. Now after two months company is not paying back my deposit money. They said they finish the business with Uber so they are not responsible. I'm a single mom and drive Uber to pay my bills. Any legal advice would be appreciated. Manager Bryan and bunch of other staff members all are party in this cheat plan. Any good lawyer who can help me??

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I rented a cargo van from Enterprise for 24 hrs. When I inspected it prior to pick up, it was heavily shaded between 2 large vans. It was also a very overcast day. I saw no visible damage. I returned a sofa to Ikea and then parked it in my driveway until I returned it the next day. This was the day after hurricane Irma and Ikea was a ghost town. I parked the van far away, mainly because I was nervous about backing it in! When I returned the van to Enterprise, SURPRISE! They found a dent on the driver's side very high up. It would have to have been caused by a truck's door and I told them this. So, they got inside the van and looked around and determined that the damage came from my sofa banging around inside. (They let you off with a golf ball size dent or smaller.) This dent was inside those parameters, but they claimed that there was a crease showing from the bottom of the dent.

BTW when I returned the van it was in full sunshine... Only way to see it! They charged me $500 (my insurance deductible). I decided to take pictures for my own record. Here's where the scam happened... The dent on the outside was directly behind a reinforced column inside the van. There's no possible way anything from the inside could cause damage at that point!!! When the manager was inspecting the inside of the van with the little golf ball sized card, he was measuring something that WASN'T EVEN THERE!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My name is Jose **, I'm try to get my rent car for the last 9 days, and every location I'm try to call nobody answer the phone. I personal visit 3 locations and no one has a vehicle available but you see at least 5 car in the parking lot. I'm pass front Katy TX location and count 25 vehicle's in his parking lot, and try to call him but your company just answer and put you in the automatic answering machine with the record message and no one answer to help the customers. This is a very bad services from a big company like you guys. I appreciate if somebody take the time to call me and help me.

Enterprise Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.
    • Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.
    • Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.
    • Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.
    • Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.
    • Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.
    • Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.
    • Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.
    Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information