1.30/5

2931 Enterprise Rent A Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Reserved a Cadillac on Sept 6 for a pick up on Sept 15th. Rental to a Cadillac or similar vehicle. NOPE, they do not guarantee a car, not what they said when making the reservation. Get to the pick up location, NO CADILLAC, they did not care, told me that I could have any other care on the lot, chose a Suburban, NOPE NOT THAT ONE!! I blew and left without a car. They do not care because they sell out and they do not lose just the customer! Called and asked for a manager, they said they would have the manager call me when he was done dealing with another customer! That was Saturday at 9:20 AM, it is now 10:35 PM and still no communication from anyone. There is no customer service and they do treat people like family, they do not care! THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE THAT WILL RENT FROM THESE FOOLS BUT NOT ME. NOT AGAIN!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My friend rented a car from Enterprise/Alamo in Costa Rica and got into a car accident. Enterprise/Alamo will NOT settle the case so my friend is being forced to remain in Costa Rica - he has had his liberties stripped away.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Company will pick you up (do not expect) if you request them to pick up. They will not available any car. Especially Insurance claim reservation. But go to location they will have a whole bunches cars available.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I am a frequent traveler and I rent from Enterprise a lot! Well these last two times I rented from them were HORRIBLE! I have yet to receive my deposit back and the branch and customer service are NO HELP! They actually made me feel like I was lying just to get money! It is ridiculous when I’m telling you I’m looking at my bank statement and can clearly see that there are NO CREDITS MADE TO MY ACCOUNT. This isn’t the first time this has happened. But me being the nice person gave them a second try and it was actually worst this time. The customer service lady was rude and obnoxious. Enterprise has definitely lost me as a client.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Noticed the front fender popping out when I went out to my car after work and notified Enterprise immediately. I was told to bring it in to be seen and I did, I actually rushed in before they closed in 5 o’clock traffic but it was one of the worst mistakes in my life. I was held up for a hour and a half. I couldn’t pick my daughter up from practice because they wouldn’t allow me to go pick her up. I had to have my elderly mother rush to get her at the last minute. And on top of it all I ended up being held responsible for the front fender starting to come off.

I believe the Rental Car was previously damaged and a temporary fix was applied because I didn’t get into a accident and did nothing to cause it to come a loose. Thanks to the rental company’s crooked system I have a new claim added on my insurance and I’m out of $500. Thanks Enterprise for loaning me a raggedy car and making responsible for getting your car fixed properly. Very unfair and poor customer service. Please note that I have only had the car for 5 days and was only doing normal back and forth to work driving.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Let me start off by saying I'm not a frequent renter. My company rented a car for me for a special project. I got to Enterprise on route 27 and had the best experience. They have a large selection of vehicles more than other locations. All the employees and manager are very professional and at the same time personal. I think I can speak for a lot of people who like to be in their own car. However, with the Service I received from this 2136 NJ-27 Edison location I couldn't have been happier. I specifically want to mention ** who took his time and made me feel like family. I also want to mention ** the manager, who went above and beyond to make my experience such a pleasure. Their whole team is amazing! I highly recommend anyone who needs to rent a car to go to this location, you won't be disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Had a horrible experience today at Enterprise Car Rental in Honesdale, PA. They would not rent me a car with a Visa bank card. Told me blah blah about policy that I needed to go home. Then mocked me with a "have a nice day". It was inappropriate and rude. I will never consider Enterprise an option again. Even cancelled my Emerald Club account which National was not happy about. Oh well pick better partners National. Won't rent from you again either.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The insurance company got me a rental car from Enterprise on September 4th. The car was returned on 13th. The invoice I received today via email shows 11 days of rental. I called Enterprise. The customer service asks why I have a problem with it while the insurance company is OK with the bill. I explained the problem is not who pays the bill, it is they over-charged. She does not see it the same way as I do. It definitely sounds like a standard practice for them. Since when cheating is no longer a problem?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Reggie ** in Lantana, Florida location made sure that I didn't walk out an unhappy customer. He asked questions about what I was looking for and was happy to

provide the service. He and his assistant Kimberly were extra nice.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Worst car rental experience EVER! Car would not shift, seats were soiled, car in awful condition - peeling paint. Complained multiple times to everyone possible - only said "Sorry" - no offer to refund or provide free rental in the future to compensate for poor quality and overall bad experience. As above - rented car in Metairie, LA at location next to Hooters... Received follow-up call and more apologies... Staff at this location does NOT value customer satisfaction. Manager asked me what I wanted - when he should have either refunded or offered credit for future rental based on quality of vehicle rented. Also rented vehicle to another customer when she voiced that she did not want the vehicle that I described when returning the car. No consideration for consumers. Stay away from THIS location.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Spoke to the Pickering location manager on the phone told him I needed a luxury SUV for my insurance claim, gave him name and phone number... he advised he has an Infiniti Q60 waiting for me and I confirmed the pick up time within an hour. I went there an hour later and he gave the Infiniti away to the customer in front of me!!! When my turn came he took my info and CC and without asking he offered me a Dodge Journey... I drive a Range Rover so talking about compatibility in vehicles!!! Never the less I called customer service, filed a complaint but no one called back and nobody cared to correct the manager's error. I will never use Enterprise again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Enterprise car rental in both Mastic, New York and Southampton, New York are liars and schemers. They give one rate and charge a different rate when you turn the car in with no explanation. They overcharge and have no communication. I was told I would be paying 900 for a vehicle and was then charged 1100, putting an overage on my credit card and affecting my credit, after 3 other charges had already gone through totaling over 1200. In all, for a 900 vehicle, my credit card was fraudulently charged over 2300. On top of this, I was physically unable to drive the vehicle all the way to Mastic, and was told I could drop it off in Southampton due to the fact I was experiencing gallstones.

When I arrived in Southampton, I was told they were not informed I would be dropping it off there and they would charge extra for me to drop the car off there but that the other location was closing in 10 minutes, an hour away. The man then told me I had paid everything and would not be charged and now today I have yet another charge on my credit card from Enterprise for 1100. No one is willing to discuss the matter with me and so I am writing on every review place I can to warn people how dishonest and thieving enterprise car rental is. I am extremely disappointed and want to warn others of the abuse that Enterprise Car Rentals puts their customers through. I will never be using this rental company again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This company is the worst! Unfortunately I didn’t have a say to use as it was a claim from accident. Fighting for them to do their job and get a refund is like pulling teeth. Their new policy is garbage! *Note* never ending excuses they will always have. Used them for a Parole Hearing too and had car seat attached to order for free and they tried to charge us for it which I refused to pay. They gave us a dirty car, endless reasons again. In the end got a credit after AMA dealt with them.

This time it’s out of my hands and they are not accommodating at all. They got their money and car. They don’t care. So now you wait weeks for money they owe you by cheque which still has to be cleared too. Worst Company. Will use others next time!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I rented a car from Enterprise for one week and returned it a day early. I was given a receipt for the agreed upon amount. However, my credit card was billed 3 times the charge! Enterprise in Calgary acknowledges that it is their error but won't correct the overcharge for two weeks!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Nightmare and failed to take care of their customers. Had a bad taste with Enterprise at 221 Thompson St. Ny Ny. Reserved car two weeks ago. Was informed that my debit card was ok at website and after arriving today Sept 11 2018 I had everything they had informed me 3 weeks ago and failed totally misleading after my exhausted day.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I'm disabled and rented a car. There was a problem with the passenger side seat in the back. It was that way when I got the car. They took my deposit and won't let me fight the complaint. So I'm out 250 bucks.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

As with the many complaints on here; I too experienced the worst customer service. Made reservation a week ahead of time, told them the exact car I wanted which they said they had and would be ready. Called 2 more times to confirm. Called the day of pick up at my location to tell them I was there and where were they? 45 minutes later they showed up after 2 more phone calls. Got to the rental office, the car they "guaranteed" me to be ready was filthy and I was told if I wanted it cleaned I would have to wait even longer. Never put a copy of my paperwork in the glove compartment as was always done on prior rentals so I had nothing to show I didn't "steal" the car. This company grew too big too fast. They ignore the people who made them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My auto insurance USAA sent a reservation to Enterprise at S Mebane St in Burlington NC on my behalf on a Saturday. On following Monday I called to request an intermediate size car. I was told there were several on the lot. I asked them to pick me up (1 half miles away). Darren said they would be there at 10:30. I called the manager Irvin to discuss my options. I requested 1 of 3 makes and models. I told him they did not pick me up. He said he would call me back when one came in, but none were on the lot. Several hours later I called him back and I complained and said I had called to expedite a complaint against his store. He said he had no cars. He hung up on me.

Several hours later after numerous phone calls, I was told by my insurance company that they said I had been "verbally abusive" and that I had cursed, neither of which I did. It was my word against his and he had the power to deny me service, and so he did. There were no other rental options in my town. I couldn't get in touch with anyone in the company to resolve the dispute. I did not have access to a district manager Dustin **. I apologized to Irvin the manager. He did not apologize to me. He said he had no cars available. I have yet to receive a service from this company and they did not honor my reservation or fulfill their obligation. This is outrageous.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

After several confirmation phone calls and a reservation with Enterprise Auto Park Escondido Location, we were not given the vehicle type we requested. We were visiting San Diego for my husband's 50th birthday, 6 adults and we requested a large SUV. Three days before, I called to check on our reservation and make sure we would have the SUV. They said, yes. We ended up with a mini-van to go out celebrating an adult birthday, no kids involved. After several promised for a Manager to get back to me, I contacted the corporate office and was told by the escalation manager that the location told us something different from policy, so there is nothing they can do as far as compensation or discount.

A red flag should have been the fact that others were there complaining about not getting the vehicle they requested either at our time of pickup. There was a guy that requested a full-size pickup and they did not have one. He ended up with a compact pick-up truck saying he would have to make more trips. Someone else wanted an SUV and ended up with a full-size car instead. The worst part about it was the attitude of the staff, very nonchalant about the fact that they lead people on prior to getting there just to be put into a vehicle other than what they requested. Yelp reviews were written on here 8/10/18 and also 4/28/18 stating the same situation. The location not having the vehicle requested.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

The customer service in the Nutley St in Fairfax, VA is horrible. They literally treat their customers with no respect and are purposely rude. They hung up phone on more than one occasion. You would call them and they would hang up phone instead of picking up. The local "manager" is worst and has no respect for clients and no surprise that office treats customers like that with that type of "manager." Instead of resolving a pay issue, they pushed it off on others to make it easy for themselves. Will not rent from them again and luckily have plenty of options in this area.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Reserved a car. Flew into Myrtle Beach from Ohio. Plane was delayed 10 min on arrival causing arrival to Enterprise-Jason Blvd at 6:01. There was a courtesy call made to tell them on way... Ignored. Avoid renting at all costs - no customer service or care.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We rented a Suzuki Swift car with the A87-K-725 plate number from Enterprise Rent a Car agency in Sarajevo Airport on 19 August 2018 at 13.00pm. We agreed on the price of 425 euro with a bargain. As we promised, we dropped off the car to Enterprise at Belgrade Tesla Airport on 27.08.2018 on 14.00pm. The expert in there checked the car and said there is no problem getting delivery and everything is ok. We had left water bottles in the car and try to pick them, but he did not let us to pick up our rubbish by saying that ‘please, you do not need to pick them because the car will be send to car-cleaning’ and approve the drop off.

On August 28, we got an email from Enterprise customer service with 2 photos that showing a scratch on the car and a stain on the back-seat. And they wrote that they would take 819 KM from our credit card. We explain that their expert did not allowed us to clean the car and the scratch on the car is not under our knowledge and we did not want to pay such a big price to them. We also told the customer service to prove us that the 819KM of this cleaning and repair process is receipt and documentation or bills. They told us this price was actually 1400KM, but without proving us, they were trying to minimize it and final price is 819KM.

I believe that in any countries a seat wash cost cannot be 80 euros and if they care so much the scratches of the car, why did they give us a vehicle that was damaged in every way and everywhere? They must have received money from the people before us who caused lots of damaged on the car, why did not the car be repaired? And this price is equal to the price we rented our car! If they inform us such a repair and cleaning price, the first they must prove us this charge with receipts! They cannot define a price and cannot take this money from our card without our permission!!! We will call everywhere, we cannot withdraw from our card without proving a non-entitled price and without our approval! The worst rental car company we have ever seen!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Our car had recently been in a crash, and it would keep wobbling if you went over 30 mph. So, we needed to rent a car for pretty cheap because we already had to pay the ticket and many bills. We knew there was a local rent-a-car place (Enterprise at 13511 SW 137th Ave in Miami, FL) so we checked online for the prices to rent. It was about 20 USD per day, so alas we went. We had a dog in the car, as we were closer to Enterprise than our home, we went there with the dog. We first sent our car to a repair shop and got Enterprise to send someone to pick us up, it was a bit late but I was fine with that. The driver seemed fine with the dog and didn't tell us there was a no dog policy, but eh.

Pretty quickly enough, as I walked in, I heard and saw people complaining about a multitude of things. (I was told you took my insurance, I was given a free day, Unexpected fees in my account) By that alone, I should have shown concern but I thought 'it was just a few people, there's no way they're like that.' Just then we were told they didn't take our insurance and instead of 20 USD per day, it would be 70 USD, which is an insane amount to pay when your job is bringing trailers from one place to another on a eighteen-wheeler truck, I have been doing this for 14 years. My driving record was perfect, as well, and I would be cautious with the car, but I was forced to pay the fee for insurance anyways, even though all the cars they have already have their own insurance. My daughter had a dental appointment for tomorrow, and that's why we needed a car, so we rented it for one day ($70) and put a deposit of $200 USD.

They closed at 6:00 PM, and as soon as my daughter was done, we went at 5:30 PM. When we arrived, we were told they have a no-pets policy, because they saw a FEW strands of dog hair as we knew that we had signed a contract. The guy who gave us the car though, told us we can drive the dog home and drop her off. We had cleaned all the hair the day before, and they just happened to notice a few strands. We were told we needed to pay the fee, an extra $80 dollars JUST to wipe away a few hairs. We told him we broke down with a dog and the guy who gave us the car said we could go home and drop her off, which we did, and he had to oblige.

It was already 5:45, and we were on half a tank of gas so we had to go slow AND rush to a gas station to find a vacuum cleaner. We made it there in time and cleaned the few strands of hair and came back. They couldn't tell us to pay a fee so we dropped off the car and got the hell out of there before they try to scam us again. The person that is going to fix our car said it's $700 with parts from a junkyard, and there aren't many Hyundai Genesis' in junkyards because it's a pretty reliable car so they got it from one that had been totaled. Never going back there as all they are is scam artists, and obviously don't care about their customers. Unless you're rich and want to donate extra money to people like this, then don't go there.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018
Hi! My name is Kurt, and I just returned a Dodge Grand Caravan minivan to the Waco Enterprise location at the corner of New Road and Waco Drive in Waco. Took this van on a good 800-mile journey to Panama City Beach, Florida and brought it back. Right away, I knew something was wrong after I got the confirmation that it was given the white-glove treatment. "Yes, we checked all the interior. Yes, we checked the engine, the tires. Everything's good to go." The white-glove treatment. I was like, "Okay." Because I didn't wanna have to worry about anything. But like the rough handling all the way there, I kept thinking that something was wrong. And then the tire gauge light came on the panel that something's wrong with the tire, and we were driving around there. And I ended up checking the tires, they were all around 24. So that tells me that the manager there at the Waco Enterprise rental car location has not been diligent on doing what they said they were. The other thing is, when we folded down the seats, there was some trash and little kids' kind of crackers that you'd see. And that tells me that they didn't thoroughly clean the van. So anyway, long story short, we get back and I filled it up with gas, aired up the tires-- in other words, I did their job for them for the most part. And the guy went out to check it, "Oh," he goes, "You left some-- you left the car pretty dirty. We're gonna have to charge you $80 for detailing." And I said, "Wait a minute, the car wasn't even detailed when we got it." He goes, "Well," he goes, "You wanna take the van? You could take it home and clean it yourself and bring it back." I said, "That's not my job. That's called 'the cost of doing business' for you. All I do is I pay for the vehicle to be in great shape, and it's the cost of business for Enterprise Rental Car to maintain the engine and make it look good on the inside."
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I rented a car on 8-10-18, 7:36 pm, Louisville airport, KY. I returned it on Saturday, 8-11-18, around 11:00 pm, Lafayette, IN. Customer service knew Lafayette location closes at 6:00 pm on Saturday. My rental agreement was 118.83 after taxes, plus 6.65/hr for delayed return. But they charged me one full day instead (new total 209.89), and added 90.00 US, on top of it. I found out after receiving a credit card alert. They never sent me the bill. After I claimed, they sent me a bill by email and promised to call explaining the reasons. They refund the 90.00 US after 15 days. It was their mistake! But, I never received a call or an apology by email.

After complaining over the phone for the third time, they still insist on charging a full day, even though the rental agreement states 6.65/hr. The representative on the telephone justified their action arguing that, by policy, they charge a full day after two hours delay. When I asked him where I can find that "policy" in my rental agreement, he promised a call explaining the reasons. It sounds familiar to me indeed! I don't know if I would ever receive the "promised" call, but I do know, I will not do a car rental at Enterprise in the future.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

My insurance company booked a standard size car. They didn't have that when I arrived so they DOWNGRADED to a compact. Then I found a large fingernail clipping in the center cubby of the dashboard. Otherwise, the car was clean and handled well. When I returned it, despite calling ahead of time, I had to wait 1/2 an hour for a ride to autobody shop. When I returned home, I realized I accidentally left the garage door opener attached to the visor. I was on hold for 40 min when I called to make sure it was there. When they finally answered, they found the opener and said it would be at the desk. When I got there, no opener and the girl I talked to was gone picking someone up. I had to wait a half hour for her to return.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I had to get a rental from Enterprise while my car was being repaired. The check engine light came on and plus the vehicle started to shake each time I stop at a light or just sitting still, I call Newnan Enterprise where I had to get car from. The lady answer the phone told me to bring the car back in to them and they can put me another one, I told her was in Fayetteville, so she place me on hold as if she was calling the local Enterprise here in Fayetteville, she come back tell me I have to bring it there. To make a long story short, I get there. They don’t have anything except mini van, which I didn’t want. Overall they didn’t show no concern. I’ve rented from Enterprise in the past but never at the Newnan, GA location. Luckily my insurance provider is paying for it. And plus they had someone sitting there waiting on the vehicle after I’ve call them and then I was having problem with it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I rented a car with them May 25 2018. Keep in mind I have rented often with Enterprise... The car was given to me with some chemical on the dash that fogged up the area to read the speedometer. Then while I was parked in a parking lot the car - a 2017 Nissan Sentra was scrapped by another vehicle. I called Enterprise to report this and immediately they wanted me to pay a $1,000 deductible out of my pocket, before I was even able to contact my insurance company due to the holiday weekend. I took the car and dropped it off. It was a holiday so they were closed. I had multiple phone calls the following day from their damage Department demanding that I make this payment. I did not believe there was $1,000 damage to the car and I requested to know when my money would be refunded that wasn't used on the vehicle. I was told my money would not be refunded at all regardless of what the damages were.

I again contacted my insurance company and in fact only had a $500 deductible. I was then sent a bill for $4,000 for a scratch to the back door driver side of this vehicle. I did get a police report thank goodness and I took pictures thank goodness these were both submitted to my insurance company. Enterprise refuse to allow me to see or get an estimate on this car on my own as it could only be done through Enterprise. The bottom line is the damages to the car were $800. Enterprise never contacted me to reimburse my money but they have contacted me daily for me to pay them the remaining balance on the claim after my insurance company has already paid it. They call me and every time I try to return their call no one ever answers. I will never rent from this company again. They are thieves. I honestly don't know how this is legal for them to continue harassing me for $3,000 after the claim has already been paid through the insurance.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I had rented a car last week. Requested the car to be modified for a paralyzed driver. When I went to pick up from Georgetown SC location. Car wasn't equipped. Type of car requested wasn't available. Also their slogan is "We'll pick you up". They don't pick up or drop off. False advertising. Also I filed a formal complaint. Got no response. Do not rent from this location.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

2 days before I am to pick up rental car, I get a call stating that there is a $150 deposit. If I was told this during the rental, I never would have rented. Was told it "was policy" I have never paid a deposit with any other company. I canceled and went to Budget, which I should have done originally, but Enterprise was closer and I thought I would try. Person on phone was not pleasant once I told him I was going to cancel. NEVER AGAIN with Enterprise and WILL NOT recommend them.

Enterprise Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.

• Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.

• Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.

• Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.

• Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information