Enterprise Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went online August 13, 2017 to rent a car to go out of town on the Friday 18, 2017. An employee call me Friday morning at 8:30 and told me that they didn't have a car for me because I put in a car at 10:30 that night before and it was not confirmed at the office. She liked I had a confirmation number. Then I call back and a Brenda said they just didn't have no cars and I will get a car when one come in. I had to go online and call Enterprise in Tucker Ga. They had a car for me. Had to pay more money. Then we drove to our destination and so happen I look in the glove compartment and there was an expired registration card July 1 2017. This don't make sense and I would like someone to contact me.

I had my Car rental reservation at this center and called this center to confirm on my pickup. The person name Brianna confirmed that I will be picked up at 8:30 am. I was also asked to call her at 8 am to confirm on the pickup schedule, I was provided with her mobile number to reach out in case of the office number not reachable. I couldn't reach over the call but got a confirmation via sms for the pickup confirmation. Time passed on from 8:30 am to 10:00 am and no response either on the phone call or sms via office phone or mobile provided.

Worst customer service ever, no courtesy of even picking the calls to respond. I had complained to the area manager were no proper response were given either and told since it was not within radius could not pickup. Giving false information and irrelevant collecting the customer information. This is not the first event, it has been third time happening consecutively. I would never recommend or suggest such an center for rental cars even offered for free.

Flew in from BOS to LAX with Enterprise reservation. Took 20 minute LAX Enterprise shuttle to the Los Angeles airport enterprise office. Woman at desk said it was the wrong office, she wouldn't help or give us a ride to the right office, told us to take an Uber. We spent 30 mins getting to the 4989 Venice Blvd office and when we arrived, office was CLOSED with sign saying call the enterprise 800 number.

We were stranded in a sketchy neighborhood with all our luggage and no help. They had to send someone from a 3rd Los Angeles satellite office to pick us up. It's now been 1.5 hours waiting. We get to third enterprise office and they give us a dirty, cigarette-stink smelling car with filth dripping down the windows, stained seats, dust everywhere, scratches and dings. We had no choice but to take this gross, dirty car because by this point we are late for our client appointment. Nightmare. Airport rental cars and Enterprise need to refund my fee to make this right.

The agents are nice but they are not willing to make sure customer understand in full what they are signing or getting into. In reference to a wreck I was involved, on Tuesday 5:00 the other's party's insurance call the car rental and made a reservation, once I got there to pick up the car they added some extra fees and liabilities that I'm responsible for. The total came up to $154.99 (we are talking about the cheapest car available $22.74 a day, (REFERENCE#**). So the agent told me, loud and clear, "You are good for 3 days, blah, blah, blah.

Then on Wednesday night something told me to check the contract, and I couldn't believe what I was reading... on the contract it says I have to return the vehicle at 9:00 am, THAT'S ONLY 24 HRS plus the overnight of course. So I called them and they said, "No, that how it is: you got on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday... That's 3 days. You took it on Tuesday evening, the evening next day is 2 days", I said, "That doesn't make sense." Took the car back, never set my feet in that place again, I'll get Uber or Lift next time.

They are not very caring unless you give them a credit or debit card so they can charge you fake expenses. My insurance was taking of the tab but, as I was told by Marissa ** that they had to charge you the deposit so if anything happened they would be covered. My insurance is covering everything so I refused to pay extra and then they told me I could not rent one of their cars. Which was a moot point because they did not even have a car to rent. I recommend going to a different rental company, anything but enterprise!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Enterprise rent a car in Edinburgh doesn't give back lost items! It's the first time something similar happened to us! Yes it's our fault if we forgot a camera under the passenger seat but we called immediately the company, we sent 3 emails and nobody gave us any feedback! It's not a honest way to behave, that never called us back, they never answered at our email. We gave the car model, the reservation number, the license plate number and nothing! The first day even if we made the reservation from Italy they didn't have the car and we had to go in another office, but ok we are on holiday, keep calm, they are making us wait for more than one hour... But this! This is unacceptable, we call back immediate and they kept our camera. Worst company ever.

In mid May my wife was involved in an accident that was not her fault. Progressive insurance who was the the other driver insurance, put an order in for a rental from Enterprise Rent A Car. When we pick up the vehicle I was told even though it is paid for by the insurance company we have to put up $50.00 hold for fuel if we did not bring it back with the same amount at check in. We got it with the gauge at 3/4 tank. A week later my wife's car got fixed and we returned the rental with a full tank of gas. I was told I would get an email showing the deposit was returned in full. I did get the email and it showed only $21.87 was returned my debit card account. I immediately called and was told Progressive did not pay for one day and they took $28.13 for that day. I called Progressive and they assured me they are paying for the entire time of the rental.

I spent about two hours back and forth on the phone and was told wait 2 days for the $28.13 to be credited to my account. I waited three days and still was missing that funds. I drove to the office and demanded all paperwork that was involved in the transaction. They gave me a copy of the difference and promised it would be in my account. I finally had this issue resolved when my money was returned the next day. That was my thinking until 2 1/2 months later I check my account on August 10, 2017 and found a charge from Enterprise Auto in the amount of $26.42.

I immediately called the local branch and stayed on the phone for about an hour while they check and finally told me there is nothing showing of any charges from their end. I can dispute it with my banking institution. I did that and have since change my Debit card information and have to wait 10 business days for that funds to be returned to my account. The sad thing is if I had the capability to take money from their account I would be still sitting in jail on some felony charge for stealing. I am still waiting for my new debit card and have to drive to the bank for cash withdrawals for everything I do.

I usually rent from Enterprise, but I rented a full size vehicle on July 28, 2017 at 8 am. Returned vehicle at 8 pm on Saturday, July 29. The rate quoted on my bill is $82.45 per day. I declined insurance. (have witnesses) Was charged an extra $10 per day for 2 extra drivers and $10 per day as a deductible waiver. I have received a bill of $324.24 for this rental. On calling the company I was yelled at and very rudely told that I accepted the offered insurance. I will never use this company in the future. They are rude and dishonest.

This has been by FAR the worst rental experience!! I wish I could give a negative 5 stars!! First of all I rented a vehicle that was extremely dirty it looked as though it had never been Cleaned inside. There was snot on the steering wheel. I at the time of the rental "reserved" a small SUV to pick up 10 days later and when I arrived on my lunch break to pick up my reserved vehicle was told "sorry we don't have any smaller SUV's right now". This costed me several hundred dollars more in fuel expenses during our family vacation.

I then returned the large SUV to downsize for expense reasons and was again told "sorry we have no smaller vehicles at this time". Enterprise did waive the upgrade fee however it still costed me extra gas money. Then after all this I received a smaller car several days later that needed an oil change and fluids. And I returned the vehicle to Enterprise "one stop shop" that All in the same room has GEICO, Enterprise and a body shop. Ten days later I was contacted stating that I needed to return my vehicle which I had already done. I informed the lady that I had already returned the vehicle. I had been told by the body shop that I could "unload my personal belongings and leave the keys in the vehicle" because it was pouring down rain and they would "take care of it".

Now we are 19 days later and I'm fighting Enterprise for my $200 security deposit because they have in house communication errors and this is somehow my fault!! And on top of it they say I "technically owe them more money" and "someone is responsible for the 10 days the vehicle sat at the collision place" WTF!!! All of this on top of a collision that was not even my fault and has already costed me over a thousand dollars between car rental and a collision deductible. Thanks for making an already horrible situation even more stressful.

I use Enterprise for corporate use and rent about every other week. They rent on a first come first serve basis regardless if you have a reservation which can leave you without transportation. The cars are clean and the staff is polite but the service level is horrible. They say that you are treated like a VIP even if you are not one. My experience is no one is a VIP. If I had any other options in my rural location I would never use Enterprise again. I do see a significant difference between metropolitan areas and the rural locations.

We visited San Francisco only to find we had mistakenly rented a car from Enterprise in a location outside the airport. The crew at the Enterprise Rental counter at the airport was extremely helpful. Not only did they help us get a rental car at their location, but they upgraded us to a nicer car than our reservation. I cannot say enough about the crew there at Enterprise SFO. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I realize that no person and no company is perfect 100% of the time, but I have noticed a disturbing trend lately. I've gotten a car that was filthy inside, and have gotten another one that had a problem making it terribly unsafe to drive. However, it's this last incident that has done it for me. On a work trip, I arrive at the airport and go to pick up the car. I was given a choice between two, and I chose the one I wanted. I signed for it and headed for my hotel. On the way, the individual at my agency who handles our travel called me and said that Enterprise had added on virtually every single additional charge they had, none of which I had agreed to. When I got checked in to my hotel, I called the main customer service line and explained the problem. The agent assured me that all of those charges would be removed when I returned the car, then gave me her name and a reference number.

A few days later, I return the car to the airport and right after I clear security I get another call from my agency. She tells me that every single charge was still on there PLUS a fuel charge. She called the local agent where I was and explained the situation to them, and how their agent assured us that those charges would be removed, and even gave the reference number. The person to whom she spoke grudgingly removed the charges, but said that I had not filled up the car before dropping it off. I have a receipt that says otherwise.

I get misunderstandings, and I get that things sometimes fall through the cracks. But refusing to take off unauthorized charges AND flat-out lying about the fuel? Inexcusable. I know that my agency only spends a few thousand a year on rental cars and that we don't make a huge difference to them, but I am still going to find another company that will appreciate the money we spend and not try to jerk their customers around.

I have been in an Enterprise rental for 3 years, consecutively, 365 days a year. I travel for work. Last year there were a couple of hail storms... and the agent in Chesterfield said I had hail damage. I did not, maybe a simple, if it was there I couldn't really see it. I have pictures. I continued with the rental, I was advised several weeks later that I needed to bring the car in as it had been sold. I returned the car and they wanted to collect on the hail damage. I paid a $200 cash "deposit" and told them to call me with estimate and I would pay cash. I mean, how much could it be? I have had one insurance claim my 30+ driving years.

I wrote on my receipt - do not submit to insurance. They did. I denied the claim. When I asked for a copy of that receipt later, my note was not there. Many missed phone calls, no estimate provided. I am in meetings almost all day every day. When I call Enterprise claims my person never answers the phone, I leave a message, get a call back in the middle of the day 4-6 weeks later. I even took the day off twice and left a message "took tomorrow off call anytime". No call. And repeat. '

Fast forward 12 months or so later to today. When I went in to rewrite the contract for the next 30 days, I had to choose pay $800 for the "damage" or be denied a car. I refused to pay the $800 (the balance for my insurance deductible. Not the total amount that they came up with for the car that was sold and for the estimate never provided to me). They actually let a loyal customer, a female traveler, stranded without a car in St Louis on a weekend. Amazing. I Ubered back to my hotel. I suppose I am now on a no serve list or something which means I will also be denied all of the points I have accrued. Truly unacceptable way to conduct a customer-centric business. Now, which rental company is looking for a $10-12K/year customer? It WON'T be Enterprise. Tell all of your friends. I will be.

We reserved a car rental & was told 3 different prices & once we do all the paper work online & go to pick up the car it is very small car. No cruise control knowing we were traveling to NM & then they had given a price for mid size car at 769. Then raised it to 967. When we went to pick it up the guy says that will be 1500. My husband talked to Justin ** Asst Branch manager & after it was said & done we had to pay 1,210.00 for this little car & when we brought it back that day they charged our account another 49.50, don't know why yet said wasn't turned in on time but it was turned in & sitting in the front door, filled with gas & cleaner than when we got it, and they said they couldn't find it on the lot. It was parked in the front door...

We have used them many times & this is the first time they have jacked us like this. 2 years ago we took a month long trip. The car cost us 750 for the month & no extras when we turned it in & now they think they can get away with a compact car with full size price. We will see about this... The car was a 2017 Hyundai Accent 4se ccar sxm t@2029374wv Gray Me. It was in my Husbands name. We will not use them again... We will go buy one or use a different one...

Enterprise vehicle rental... Be careful about what you reserve for a vehicle. I chose the option of letting them choose for me to save a few bucks. Thought I'd be upgraded from economy to mid size car. Instead I had a 4 wheel drive pickup truck which I DID NOT want. I asked for a car when I saw the truck and they said no, unless I paid an extra 10.00 per day for the car. I'm almost 62, and had to haul my suitcase (almost 50 pounds) in and out of the truck each time I spent the night at a different home, while visiting family back home, and my 87 year old mother had quite a time hoisting herself up and into the vehicle. NOT A happy camper to say the least. Won't book a vehicle with Enterprise again. Grrrrrr.

I called Enterprise to rent a car to go to Bismark, N.D. because I missed my plane in Minot. I was assured that a car would be there for me. I arrived at the airport at 9 in the morning to be told confirmation or not, there were no cars to rent. Turns out the people who confirm the rental have no idea if cars are available. A big thanks to Hertz for coming to my rescue.

I was skeptical about hiring a vehicle through Enterprise as I had read so many complaints but I did speak to a friend who had no issues with the company therefore I chose them because of the lower rates. Picking up the car from Houston 537 North Loop W was so easy, ** and ** were great. I haven't returned the car as yet but I'm anticipating all will be good. I just seems when reviewing very few people take the time to write good reviews but that's understandable. I'm inclined to that myself.

We rented a car from Enterprise in Salt Lake City for our road trip from June 30 to July 6 in Yellowstone. We bought every kind of insurance that it offered, including the roadside assistance. It was a car with 35k mileage, and at first it was driving okay. After we had a hike at Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, we got back to the car, and the brake did not work.

Fortunately, we just started it very slowly from roadside, and I managed to stopped the car by emergency brake. It was remote in the National Park, and Enterprise couldn't go there. They said we could use a towing company, paying for it and they would reimburse us later. The car was not safe, and we got them to replace with another car, but we had to tow the car to West Yellowstone, which is about 50-60 miles away from Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. We paid the towing company, and Enterprise has not reimbursed us back after more than a month!! Enterprise is a company that you could not trust!

Called local Enterprise location at 4504 N. Roxboro St, Durham N.C. to rent a car. Reservation agent gave rates and confirmed rental: Confirmation # **. Arranged pickup time for 5:00 PM today August 09 2017 for a 1 day Economy rental. Gave her e-mail address. Received e-mail with complete details i.e confirmation number and rate and term of rental. I filled out additional info for their Enterprise Plus membership ** also as I intended to rent in the near future additional times.

Twenty minutes LATER I received a phone call from this office to tell me that they had NO CARS! A waste of my time and information. The agent should have told me that they did not have any cars available when I called. They would not get a car from another location and wanted to put me on a list for a future rental. NO WAY, I will not recommend this company as they have lost my business. I called corporate and spoke to an employee regarding matter and was NOTHING she could do. I asked for a Division Manager or someone in charge and was told that person is not available... What a way to run a company.

I have booked a car with them but they did not have a car for me because they were not willing to downgrade me or upgrade me but instead they made me stayed there for 2 hours and then told me that they do not have a car for me so I don't understand why I need to book the car in advance. Also there were 3 people sitting around instead of giving me another car. Very poor service and bad management. We did pull our account for business from them and went to their competition. Will never use this company again and cannot wait to let everyone know about it specially the Mundelein, Illinois location on route 60 and do not go the person name Amenda. She will charge your card in hurry but they will not have a car for you.

I've been renting with you guys for over 6 years and never had an issue until now. For the past 4 years I have made several trips to Florida every year with my family and friends. We usually get 2 larger SUVs and I always try to make a reservation in the beginning of the year for the school break in August. However this year I did the same thing and I made my reservation in the Beginning of the year for two large SUV's and I specifically told the representative on West Street Annapolis to make sure the vehicles were like a Suburban or GMC because we had a issue with luggage and space. Three weeks ago I had an emergency in Minnesota and I had to drive all the way for 1 week so I went with you guys and rented a minivan for the trip for the whole week.

And on my way back when I dropped the van off I asked again if my reservation and my requests were still good for the week later on the larger SUVs for my trip to Florida and everything was fine until I showed up to pick up the vehicles, they weren't what I asked for and when I asked who I believed was a manager named Sylvester he said "You should know that this is what you get and this is what we have. Take it or leave it, because you never requested a premium SUV." Even though he saw the notes on what exactly we requested, he still gave me a HORRIBLE ATTITUDE AND WALKED AWAY leaving someone else to try to help me who wasn't gonna do it. There is a huge reason why I specifically requested it. I have a couple witnesses that can testify the same thing.

When we were driving to Florida one of the cars keep beeping for the oil change, and on the other the Bluetooth never worked and the breaks kept making these weird noises so I called the 1800 number and talked to someone who says that the next day someone will try to contact me to see if we CAN BE helped, It's been more than a week and I haven't heard from you guys at all. Is this the kind of CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU DO? How is this possible. There is absolutely no space in those Tahoes so we had to reduce and limit our luggage because our new friend Sylvester decide to be ARROGANT AND VERY RUDE, WALK AWAY AND TELL US TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT and not even try to see if it was what we had asked for was available in another location.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I received several emails and phone calls from Enterprise. Theresa, risk assessment manager handled the issue. She was very nice and assured me that she personally would visit that site and retrain staff on the policy. She did not know why she was not called by the store manager to deal with the issue. She also had no answer for why they would ask for paystubs from me. But she was responsive and I provided her with my friend's contact info. My friend will be refunded her entire fee for the horrible experience and it sounds like hopefully some education will be happening. So in light of this, I will upgrade my one star to three.

Taya of Boulder, CO on

Original Review

I went to visit my best friend and her husband in Memphis, TN in the cooper young area. Before I went, my best friend who is low vision and so legally blind spent a half hour on the phone setting up getting a rental vehicle. She could get a better rate, she also insisted on paying since she and her husband were going to keep the car a few extra days. In this 30 minute phone call, she went through various scenarios, and got it all worked out... Or so we thought. We arrived to pick up the vehicle only to be told she needed a state driver's license! She has a valid state id card. I showed them mine - no good. Since they have a surrogate driver policy.

We were shocked and pretty upset. I got sick of it and threw my card on the table and told them to run it. Again a problem. It was a debit card. They said I needed a credit card. I am a gainfully employed psychologist with the judicial system in my own state.

I do not believe in credit cards, but hey they could run it as credit right? Nope!! So we sat there for 40 minutes waiting for her manager who was in a meeting to call back. In the meantime I called the corporate office to talk to them and was told: yes, I had to have a credit card, if I did not, then I needed to supply my work history and paystubs!! Wow! I'm already on vacation. Yeah, let me just dig all that out of my suitcase! I didn't realize I was applying for a job there!! I could not believe it!

Finally, they agreed to let us have the vehicle. Then they tried to charge us 10.00 extra per day for an added driver. We protested again, they finally "waived" that fee as a courtesy even though their policy clearly states, that charge does not apply to a surrogate driver! On top of that, the brakes on this piece of crap Kia, were in serious need of adjustments!!! The absolute nerve!

When my friend returned the car, the stupid manager there said she waived it as a courtesy at which time my friend informed her of this fact and was met with more nastiness. I rented a vehicle from Budget last year in Houston. No problems, was there 15 mins, paid with my debit, run as credit. No issues. Enterprise, get it together!! Not only do you treat people like criminals, requiring a credit card, work history and other b.s.; your employees obviously don't know the policies and couldn't be bothered to think for themselves and look it up. Serious lack of ADA education!! Absolute worst experience. My friend was humiliated, manager was stupid and uneducated as well as rude. Will NEVER rent from them EVER again!

Enterprise in general is the worst company on Earth. I'd suggest staying away. Use Getaround or Turo.com they're far more ethical. At their North Laurel branch I rented a car for almost three months but when I returned the car I was in they tried to charge my card again, without my consent, even while I told them not to because I had to move money from the savings account to the checking account. They did not listen to me and the card failed every time and they told me their system would not take it anymore.

I returned their vehicle July 25, 2017 and noticed several charges on my checking account the next Thursday July 27, 2017. I had been treated very poorly at the Clarksville branch so I left the car and did not stay. Quickly went to go and pick my car up from the body shop. I called into the South Laurel branch whose management also treated me very poorly regarding this (even though they got over $1500 of my money). I paid out about $2600 to different Enterprise branch locations for rentals since April including South Laurel. And just today I spoke with someone named Harshit and said he was the regional vice president (?) who was even worse. He was suggesting I owe them even more than what they already charged me.

However, I feel like I have been treated as more a nuisance than a loyal customer. If charging people out of nowhere with no evidence of damages, receipt or even a phone call is how they treat their on-time paying customers I'd hate to see what happens to people who are actually bad customers. It should have been at least a courtesy to not charge someone's account till they finalized the receipt! STAY AWAY FROM THESE AWFUL TERRIBLE HORRIBLE PEOPLE!

I am writing this to let people know how horrifically run Enterprise is! After waiting around for over an hour today I was told, I was put on fraud alert and couldn't rent a car. After being given a number of different phone numbers and contacts, I finally reached someone in their fraud dept. in Orange County. After another hour. This lady then tells me that she can give me no information except that I had stolen a car over a month ago. After several hours later and phone calls to the police, she emails me a grand theft auto report of a car I never rented from a person who had stolen my id. I said how could a person steal a car without a credit card?

My car had been broken into two months earlier and all of my IDs and credit cards had been stolen. I immediately cut them all up. How could a thief who, stole my wallet walk into an Enterprise 10 days later and rent a brand new jeep without any credit cards!?? This thief rented a brand new car with my ID and no credit card or any other form of identification or banking information. She had no phone number or correct address or email. Then they tell me they mailed me a letter! I never got any letter because they didn't even have my address. And on top of that, they didn't even call the police when I was in their office trying to rent another car!

They let me walk out. If they actually had their clients give multiple IDs and a working credit card, this hell that I am trying to straighten out, never would have happened! And I laugh at their email telling me they will no longer rent to me. I had also rented from them twice in the last year. Don't you think they would have my correct information in their system. ENTERPRISE, DON'T RENT CARS WITHOUT A WORKING CREDIT CARD! Check that these people renting from you have a valid cell and email! Check and see if people are in your data system. We are in an age of corruption and ID theft.

I recently traveled into Wilson NC by train where I had reservations with Enterprise to pick up a car rental. I discovered that the Enterprise that I had reservations with closed early on Saturdays. My fiancé called the corporate office and asked for suggestions. They informed him for me to go to the Greenville Airport that they definitely had the inventory for the day.

Upon arriving the service desk, I informed the rental agent of my situation. She point blank looked me in the face and told me she could not help me. I told her that I didn't know what to do. I had 2 more hours to travel to get to my brother's wedding the following day. After basically begging her to help me... No apologies at all... She told me that she had 3 cars in the parking lot, 2 of the cars had flat tires, and the 3rd car had the check engine light on. I asked for a manager and she informed me that she was the manager.

How can a company like Enterprise have the product in the parking lot, but the product is not drivable? Somebody is failing at their job. I had to have my cousin drive 2 hours after already driving for 9 hours to come pick me up so I could make the wedding the next day. UNBELIEVABLE! The worst part was... My fiancé called to complain the next day... The corporate office told him that they could do nothing for us because I was escorted out by a sheriff.

Absolute lie! There was a security guard there whom actually helped me more than Ariel. He referred me to a semi local restaurant that I could sit at to wait for my cousin to come get me. If there was a sheriff and I was causing a problem... Don't you think that he would have acted upon the situation? In closing, my fiancé asked them to pull the camera footage and they declined. I don't know what else to say other than it was the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life. I also made sure that the 100 family and friends that attended the wedding knew about my experience with Enterprise.

Rented one way from NC to Columbus, GA. The NC Enterprise office told me they had to get the car from the Raleigh airport. Upon returning the vehicle to the Columbus office, one of the workers finally walked around the car with me and walked back into the office. I waited in their office for approx. 20 minutes for Enterprise to give me a ride home. One month later the Enterprise office in NC phoned me and said that Columbus, GA office put in a claim for damage to the roof. I was shocked. I drove the car 400 miles, parked it in my garage and dropped it off the next morning. There was no damage done by me nor addressed when I returned the vehicle until this phone call. There were many dings written up by the NC office.

I heard nothing then one month later NC office called again stating that Columbus, GA office is claiming there was hail damage to the vehicle. I did not drive thru any hail storms and I went online and the only location that had a hail storm was in NC 6 days prior to my rental. Now they sent me a letter wanting me to submit a claim to my insurance company. They are out of their minds. FAKE CLAIMS.

Here you guys say: "We are committed to take care of customer-service," but this is a big lie! I am a loyal customer of your business for many years-and this was the worst customer-service I ever had in a long time! We made a reservation 2 months in advance in order to get the car we wanted - full size... but after 3 miles driving we noticed a weird noise coming from the brakes. Concerning with our safety we immediately called Enterprise and made a request for an exchange, But since we were already in our way to South Carolina they said to us to do the exchange at any other location or as soon as we arrive there!! What happen was that every location we tried to stop after hours (including 2 major Enterprises at 2 different airports) were giving us the same BS excuse: "We don't have ANY full size available." How come 2 major locations from the biggest rental car in United states do not have a full size available?

Let me answer it: they did have lots of full sizes available as we noticed at the parking lot and at the Enterprise balcony when other customers were asking for full sizes. They just didn't want to get stuck with a Maryland license plate car (with brake problems) in their parking lot. They don't care about customer, they don't care about safety, they don't care about your money!!! And when we ask for a refund they said that we will have to pay a $500 fee for dropping it in a different location... They were making us pay for something that was not our fault. We lost a entire day of our vacation trying to fix this problem!! We ended up having to drive the same car with a very very bad brakes back to Maryland!! Being a loyal customer from Enterprise for almost 4 years renting at-least 12 times a year make me very disappointed to know that they really don't care about your safety, but only about their money.

I have been renting with Enterprise for the last 7 years. I have never had an issue up until now. Actually there has been an issue the last THREE times I have rented. I rented a vehicle at the La Mesa, CA location and specifically told the representative who assisted me that I only wanted the Damage Waiver for the vehicle I was renting. As I was initialing the agreement, I saw that RAP and PAI were on the agreement. BEFORE I moved forward with the agreement, I asked the rep why does it show I am requesting RAP and PAI when I ONLY asked for DW. She stated that there were three parts to the DW and Roadside Assistance and the other Insurance was included. This in fact was NOT true and I was charged $34.68 for coverage that I made perfectly clear that I DID NOT want, but your representative felt the need to charge me for anyway.

I went to a different location as I was disappointed that the rep at the previous branch intentionally provided false information, which was of benefit to her. I told the rep at the new branch that I only wanted DW, and he stated "just protection for the car right?" I replied yes, just the Damage Waiver, so he was well aware that I only the DW and no other coverage, I return the vehicle to a different branch and what do you know, I have been charged $26.01 for coverage I stated more than once that I DID NOT WANT.

Even AFTER, the previous experiences, I attempted to give your company the benefit of the doubt. I rented from location I returned the last rental. I picked the vehicle up at 5:30 PM on Friday and had planned on returning it Monday 5:30 PM. As I prepared to sign off on the agreement, I saw that my estimated total went from $53.64 to over $131! I told the representative that I only wanted DW. He stated that he would correct the issue and send email me the agreement. Saturday morning. When I DID NOT receive the agreement, Approximately, 7:30 AM PST, I called the toll free number and asked a rep to go over my agreement with me. She stated that DW coverage was on the agreement as well as all the other coverage.

I decided that I would not continue to do business with a dishonest company and instead of keeping the vehicle until Monday as I had planned, I returned the vehicle Saturday morning. The branch I returned the vehicle refunded the additional charges. This was a real inconvenience. I rented the car because I had plans for my children, they were ruined because of this. I used my rewards points for the rental and only was able to utilize it for a few hours and those points were NOT reimbursed. I am quite aware that there are goals that have to be met for each branch, however, I do not appreciate being apart of these shady tactics to meet those goals.

I made a reservation on July 17, with a confirmation number EMAILED TO ME. On July 24, I confirmed to let them know I would pick the cargo van on the 30th as planned. I confirmed as well on July 27. Yesterday I walked in at 5:40 pm, before they closed, to pick the van I had previously reserved. While I did not catch the name of the employees, I saw they had carelessly ignored my reservation and gave the reserved van to a different customer. According to the employee, they had called me 4 times the day to pick up the van, when I clearly showed them I had not received a call and let them know I had spoken with a different employee the day before.

When I was trying to show them that I had received no calls, he rudely interrupted me and said that it is not his duty to look at my phone and even looked away. The manager was VERY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL OF A MISTAKE HE ALLOWED. OFFERED NO SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM. He claimed I walked in at 6 pm when they had already locked the doors. I heard them tell the other customer, whose name I will not release because he is a frequent customer at my place of employment, that because he is frequent customer of said location that he could come in without a reservation for said van I had reserved. This is completely unacceptable and very inconvenient. The whole point of the reservation would be to actually reserve a van in advance. I guess I have to frequent this location more often to actually have a van at my disposable. Shame on you Enterprise, your employees are terrible and this whole company is a scam.

When I picked up the premium car it looked as though it had just been returned a minute prior. The vehicle had scratches all over, was so dirty it looked as though someone had taken it through mud, the interior was in horrible condition and smelled bad. The vehicle's low gas light was on and the agent told me that I could bring it back empty without penalty and offered me a day free. The agent informed us that this was the only vehicle they had and that we could go to any Enterprise and turn in for another premium vehicle.

After leaving this Enterprise location and proceeded to get on the highway I noticed that when I had to put on the brakes at high speed the vehicle shook horribly. I went to 3 yes that is right 3 different Enterprise locations and none of them could replace the vehicle. All 3 said they had no vehicles to give out. I then called the customer service line who took my complaint and told me to call the roadside assistant number. When I called them they told me what I already knew that there was no Enterprise close to me that had an available vehicle for replacement and not just my type of vehicle but no class! The earliest and this was not a promise was 2 days later. Never ever will I use Enterprise again.

Compare Rental Cars