Enterprise Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On Sunday, November 27th 2016 while returning from Columbus, Georgia for the holiday my family and I were involved in a very serious accident. An accident that occurred in Gastonia, NC and left us stranded as our car was totaled on the scene of the accident yet we still had to travel 8 hours to get back home. After being released from the hospital I rented a car (online) from Enterprise; Enterprise because it was the only car rental opened and when I arrived to get my car I learned that I had to present a utility bill with my debit card. Nothing on the website indicated such a requirement and while I produced my auto insurance card and went online to show that my auto insurance was current it did no good; it had to be a utility bill. Now who rides nearly 1500 miles round trip with a utility bill on them?

First, the accident was not our fault but I am being inconvenienced and I have a knot on my head so large I could barely move my head and I could barely walk as I suffered severe upper body soreness/stiffness and my face is badly bruised. I explained my situation to the staff who said that their hands were tied; either I produce a utility bill or I get no car and by now it is 3:30 PM in a place foreign to me. Luckily, while a woman traveling I was not alone but I am still stuck because the next bus out would be over 12 hours away and I still had not attempted to collect any belongings not strewn over Highway 85 from the towing company. Kudos to the towing company because they made sure we had accommodations at a local motel and they drove us there.

I do understand that folk are under no obligation to lend a hand to one in distress but a utility bill; I cannot get over such an insane requirement. I have rented cars coast to coast and always from Enterprise and no one has ever ask me for a utility bill. Enterprise operates as if they are "too big" to fail! A utility bill, unbelievable!!! I will have to carefully plan any future requirements for rental cars in order to avoid Enterprise Rental Car. While I know that no corporate or senior staff will ever see this I wish my plight on them and hopefully, they will ease up on how they treat their customers or post all dumb requirements on their website.

I was driving and a car behind me hit my bumper. He was at fault, driving too close and received a ticket. The claims adjuster made a reservation at Enterprise and gave me a reservation #. I brought my car in for repair. His insurance needed to see an estimated $ amount because collision center found additional damage. This process took weeks, so I had to drive the rental longer. When I rented the car they ask for my credit card with the understanding I would receive it back. I brought the car to collision shop they would pick it. I didn't receive any feedback from them. They turned around and charged my card $686, stating that I took liability insurance which no one told me at the time of the rental. The insurance company only paid something and I was left with the balance of $686. I am a senior living on social security. None of this was explained to me at the time of rental. I suggest not to get a car from them.

I am writing to inform you how the staff working in Enterprise rental company treat customers to make the rental experience as horrible as. I rented a car from Enterprise (Park Side dr in Knoxville) and had the car from 11.07.2016 to 11.21.2016 since my own car was in body shop to be fixed after a car accident. During the rental process, the staff DID NOT EXPLAIN to me about the insurance cost. They NEVER provided me the information about the options that I may have for insurance. They just asked me to put my initial in some papers.

After few days, my wife told me that they took away money from her account on Nov 14 for $86.64. They did it again on Nov 15th for $141.92. My wife and I called them several times talking with the staff and the person who said, "I am the manager." We explained them that nobody told us about insurance. But unfortunately they DID NOT believe us. They told us indirectly that we say lie. They said "we always explain everything" but they DID NOT. We asked them to put our money back to our account. They said OK but again they did not do that. They just returned $36.75 on Nov 18 after more than 10 times calling them. And shamefully they charged us again on Nov 28 for $70.12! I cannot believe this.

Why nobody believe my wife and I? Why they do not care about customers? Why they believe they just say truth? Why they say, "We will refund you" but again they take money from our account? Why when I went to their office to meet with their manager and ask for refund they said, "Our manager is busy"? WHY? My wife called customer service today and they said I should hear back from them soon and should have money back in our account. But what do you think after all this horrible experience? Should we believe them?

The engine on my Jeep Wrangler was being replaced by Rockland Chrysler Jeep Dealer in Bardonia, NY due to a "design" (??) issue, per Chrysler. After 1 1/2 weeks of not having my car, I spoke with the Jeep service manager and got approval for a rental from Enterprise of Bardonia, NY, whom the dealership deals with exclusively, since I needed a car to get to work, the same reason I bought a car in the first place. Chrysler and the dealership took their time in fixing the car - six long weeks (in addition to the 1.5 weeks I had no car), but it wasn't as bad with a rental for 6 weeks. Imagine almost 2 months with no car due to faulty and shoddy workmanship by Jeep! When my Jeep was fixed, I returned the rental, which by the way was rented by " Rockland Chrysler Jeep Dodge Inc." dealership per the Enterprise receipt. This was the end of July 2016.

4 months later on Monday 11/21/16 I received a telephone call on my cell phone from Enterprise in Nyack, NY and was told by the manager that the dealership decided not to pay for the rental and therefore Enterprise was sending me a bill and if I disagreed I should contact the dealership. On 11/22/16 I called the dealership to complain but they never returned my call, as usual. And the day after Thanksgiving (Friday 11/25/16) I checked my charges online and saw 4 amounts charged by Enterprise totaling $1,625.00, which I did not authorize. I had given Enterprise my charge card, as required when renting a car. The contract was not in my name but in the dealership name. How can the dealership decide they don't feel like paying for something and then stick me with the bill? I am a Senior citizen and I am being taken advantage of.

Additionally, in reviewing the receipt, I see that there was a deposit amount of $250.00 on the receipt which they charged my credit card twice for, so a deposit amount of $500.00 for a car I returned 4 months ago??? They should be fighting with the dealership to get the money that the dealership approved and signed for, but since they do a lot of business with the dealership they figure they will just stick it to a senior citizen. The credit card was on file for purposes of the $250 deposit which they charged me for twice and in case of an accident; not for the rental - which was to be paid for by the dealership per the dealership and per my receipt. HELP!!! This is not a small amount and I simply cannot afford to pay it. Due to shoddy workmanship by the Chrysler corporation now I have to deal with another bad situation with Enterprise. Chrysler and Enterprise make a good pair - neither has any honor or commitment to their customers.

This weekend I rented a car from Enterprise in Puerto Rico (PR) San Juan airport. When I arrive I had lost my debit card and had one credit card that had been maxed out. I was able to transfer funds on the spot to my credit card and Enterprise was kind and extremely helpful in taking phone authorization from the credit card company. I had no cash and this was my first trip to PR with an additional 45 min drive to complete my to get to the hotel. My cell phone was almost out of battery... What a disaster. The staff at Enterprise gave me assurance that they would help and that they did. I left calm and collected. They were just wonderful. I have always had a good experience with this company in bending over backward to help me as customer. Special thanks to Maricsa in the PR office at San Juan airport, her supervisor and the staff that assisted in providing me with the vehicle. Absolutely wonderful!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

I went online to rent a car for the Thanksgiving holiday. (The Enterprise location I choose is approx. 0.3 miles away from my residence. Castor Ave, Philadelphia, PA). Because I recently applied for a PA driver’s license, (I was given a temporary drivers license), I made sure on Enterprise's website I would be able to rent a car with the temporary driver’s license. The site said, if the information could be verified a temporary license would be acceptable.

Once I arrived and explained I had made my reservations online the first thing the lady asked for was my driver’s license, which I produced. She immediately told me they did not accept temporary licenses. I explained what I had read on their website and ask that she please try to verify my information, to which she replied, "We don't do that." I had a valid state ID, a valid driver’s license, several credit cards, (all in my name), and a debt card. There was no reason why my information could not be verified. And I possessed a valid state issued driver’s license, even if it was a temporary one - it was legal for me to drive with it.

I've been using Enterprise Mississauga, ON for 10 years now. I've seen many employees in these 10 years: branch managers, assistant managers, trainees. I've only seen Dustin ** and I've dealt with him four times in the past 8 days, but I can tell you I'm certain now that nobody, I repeat nobody provided worse customer service than him! Here are the reasons:

When I told Dustin that I returned the car on Friday, not on Saturday and that the invoice was incorrect he was interrogating me, who was in the branch at that time, who drove me back etc. instead of apologizing right away. I had to repeat 3 times: I know that it was Friday. I am 100% certain and I know what I'm talking about!

When I came to get another car on Tuesday, Dustin promised me a Malibu which was about to come. After 5 minutes he said that it needed some air in the tires and then after my complaint that the Malibu is nowhere to be seen Dustin said: "I'll give you a Dodge Journey for the same price. How about that? Not bad, eh?" He should've apologized like this: "I'm so sorry sir. I don't know the reason, but the Malibu is not here yet. Would you like a Journey instead? I can give it to you by the same price." It is up to me, the customer, to comment what is good and what is bad.

And finally last night: I returned the car keys at exactly 4:45. The guy from another Enterprise branch checked the car quickly and my e-mail invoice was ready and received at my corporate e-mail address at exactly 4:51. When I asked him who will drive me back Dustin told the other employee (in a hushed voice): "I'll take him and then get home with the car." Unfortunately for me (and for Dustin, obviously!) some customers came and he couldn't leave the branch. I was waiting outside while cars were coming and leaving. My Dodge Journey went somewhere and got back. Dustin got out two times moving cars and checking mileage and said: "We are waiting for the driver for you. It will be soon, my friend." I am not his friend! By the age, I can easily be Dustin's father, but it's not the most important.

I am a valuable Enterprise customer who should be treated with dignity, something like this: "We really apologize for the delay sir. I am sorry sir, but at the moment there is nobody to take you home. It will be any moment, I am really sorry!" The second time Dustin got out and passed by me he didn't say anything. I didn't make an eye contact either! After exactly 20 minutes waiting I entered and (almost) shouted: "If you don't drive me back NOW, I'm calling a taxi and I will bill Enterprise for it. I don't want to be driven soon or in five minutes, I want it NOW or I am calling a taxi." That's when Dustin acted and sent a guy (probably Robert) to drive me and two other people. I live only 3.5km from the branch, but the other two people were to be driven much closer, so I was the last one. I got home at 5:40, almost full hour after I returned the car.

So, Dustin, probably doesn't care, but Enterprise just lost a corporate customer. And he personally will probably get a very negative review on many consumer web-sites and forums. He looks great, he has a very pleasant face and smile, but that's very misleading. It probably mislead his managers when they promoted him to a branch manager. Good looks is not enough. He has a lot to learn for customer service if he can. Time will tell! Unfortunately some people can never work with customers since their attitude is rude and arrogant.

I will no longer be using your services due to an encounter I have had with one of your customer representatives today while I was car rental shopping for the Thanksgiving Holidays. I was rudely denied military discounts as a veteran. I don't get my feelings hurt easily, but your company policy really bothers me. Maybe as a company you don't allow discounts to military or veterans for using a vehicle from Enterprise for personal use. Although I disagree with this, I have come to find out that you discount it for active duty with military orders. Since the government pays for all active military travel costs, the company is in essence providing discounts to the government not the actual assertive member or veteran. It saddens me to think that a company would have such a policy.

The salesman I dealt with was doing a lot of double talking trying to keep my deposit. First he told me I returned the car late but I had an weekend rental. After that didn't work he told me I went over in miles, they said I got 100 miles per day and the weekend special was 3 days so that was 300 miles. So that is what I paid for and found out later they said since I turn the car in early that I was over 100+ miles on my rental. If I've paid for 3 days it is my choice if I return the car early. So they kept some of my deposit. I am sooo done with this company. They're crooks.

On Monday, October 24th, 2016. I rented a car from Enterprise located at 3133 Inwood Rd. Dallas, Tx. First off I waited 3 hours for someone to pick me up from the dealership where I dropped off my car for repairs. Enterprise never showed up, so I walked to the rental location. Once there I was apologized to for the missed pickup, but it was obvious that whoever had taken the request over the phone had not passed the request on, or filed it. Next I was informed that the online deposit I had been told to expect with my reservation was too low. I was told that I would need a deposit of 150.00. I was told that the 150.00 would be returned to my bank account after the rental car had been successfully returned to Enterprise at the end of the lease and that it could take up to 2 weeks, or so depending on my bank.

When I left the location I was not driving the car I had reserved online. Apparently they just give you whatever car they want to in the same level category. Now here's my main complaint. If it wasn't for the fact I'm about to mention you would not be reading this review from me. I waited 2 weeks for the security deposit to be returned to my bank account. When this didn't happen I finally called and spoke with one of the managers at the location. First the manager tried to tell me that my deposit was used for part of my final payment because I had extended my days for the rental. When I told the manager that I was sure this was not the case. I was next told by the manager that there didn't appear to have been a deposit taken from me. I informed the manager that I was positive that they had taken 150.00 from me at the time of rental.

Apparently the manager wasn't finding the deposit listed on their computer with my rental history. I have zero ideas how this happens unless they are stealing people's deposits, then giving them a runaround when they call Enterprise asking where their money is. In the end the manager returned to stating that my deposit was used in the final payment which I'm sure is not true. To be fair the reps at this location were polite, and pleasant, however I am sure that my 150.00 disappeared and failed to be returned to me. I can think of no honest way this sort of thing should happen with a professional business, unless that business, or the employees of the business are stealing.

Just beware and stay away from Enterprise if you not looking for any headaches! Shame on you Enterprise and your worth service. Even 1 star is too much. They will charge you cause they have your credit card number as they want! Stop give. I rented a car. Specifically told her about scratch on the car, she said "Do not worry about scratch just look for damages." Well I said ok, a day later on returning car they charged me 310$ cause of same scratch! I tried to explain but they don't want to hear.

I asked them to talk with the girl who I rented the car. She won't talk on phone on the reason of "I'm sick"! And she just send "I don't remember this scratch" after sending photo. No answer to email. Now I have to run and run for my money! They charged me again on credit without my permission! After keeping complain to manager about charging, he just said "I will call security or police." He took the phone and didn't call. I asked him to call them but he didn't. What a threat! I told him "what do you want to say to officer. We rob his money and he's not happy." SHAME ON YOU.

I rented a car from Enterprise in Turtle Creek on 1111 2015 at 12:30 pm. Taken car home at 12:40 to pack for Virginia Tech. Headed to work. Noticed a strange sound from front end of the car. Called the Turtle Creek office. And complained about the strange sound. Returned car Monday, and they taken the car to Goodyear for look over. Called back Fri. And was told Britney called me and left a message stating I was responsible for damages to the frame of the car. I told Kate, Britney hasn't called me. Nor did she leave a message on my voice mail. Anyway, Britney is a Liar. And Enterprise tries to scam if you use your own insurance. Beware. I contacted the BBB, an attorney, and I will be getting the news personnel involved. More to come.

DO NOT RENT from Enterprise. They work with thieves and scam artists. I booked through them for my trip to Italy I read many different reviews about Locauto Rent fraudulently charging for many things. So I did not rent from them due to this. I went through Enterprise to be safe and Lo and Behold they sent me to pick up my car from Locauto Rent in Rome.

They never said I would be sent to another company for my car rental. Then I got charged an extra $300 in damages. There is no way to dispute this and Enterprise would not help out at all. I contacted Enterprise repeatedly and in multiple avenues. Phone calls, emails, social media. No response ever!! Nobody would show me this "damage" they said that occurred and we took pics before and after of the car. There was no damage whatsoever and there was no way to get my money back since they had my card already charged. DO NOT rent from either of these places! Be warned!! I will spread the word far and wide. Enterprise works with scam artists, therefore they are scam artists too!!

I rented an suv from Enterprise on Aug. 13th, 2016 to take my boys to the beach for a week. While there, we were rear-ended by a moped. There was very little damage, but I called Enterprise and instructed to get a police report. I complied. When I returned, I informed the agent of the situation and gave her the report. After almost 2 hours' worth of paperwork, I was informed I would have to pay my $500 insurance deductible on the spot. I was told it would be refunded once the damage recovery unit filed the claim. After a few days, I called the damage recovery unit and found that the agent who kept me forever had not turned in the report nor the guilty party's info. I went back to the office I had rented from and had them re-submit the report and information. After several weeks, I called damage recovery again. I was promised I would be contacted after everything was settled. After no calls, I left several messages with no return call.

After I called and complained to a manager, I was informed that the moped had no insurance and I was responsible for the damage. The bill was almost $900! Damage to the car, fees and loss of use. I turned it in to my insurance company and they quickly contacted Enterprise and gave them all they needed. I called again a week ago and was told by Enterprise Damage Recovery that they were "still working on it". It has been over 3 months since the accident and I STILL have no return of funds. I was a very consistent, loyal customer of Enterprise, but after this terrible treatment and lack of care for the customer, I will NEVER rent from them again and I would tell ANYONE I can the same!

Consumer Increased Rating!

I got a parking citation ticket in Arlington, VA on July 24, 2016. I contested the ticket and paid $172 to the Arlington county court and I have submitted 5 documents as proof of payment. I have called Enterprise rental parking citation customer representatives for more than 8 times and written emails more than 7 times requesting refund, they always say submit again and they keep telling me we did not received the documents which is a big fat lie... I am thinking to initiate a legal action since I have full documentation of everything... I would be glad to hear if there are similar experience? Guys we should not let this people to get away with our hard earning money.

After my incident I went on reading reviews about this company, nothing good at all so I believe this is the culture of this company and the values for their clients are below the standards. Please avoid the use of this company by all means... trust me you will end up being frustrated and disappointed... Leave me a comment or suggestion at **. Thanks!

It is distressing enough when you are involved in an auto accident of no fault of your own. However, that was minor compared to trying to secure a rental car from Enterprise in Maryland. I am now on my third attempt to secure a vehicle that will be fully paid by auto insurance. It seems that rude, unhelpful, negative customer service seems to be the requirement to work at any of their locations, based upon these reviews.

I am an executive of a billion dollar + financial organization, who oversees all of the customer service functions. It is uncanny to me, Enterprise Auto Rental would encourage and allow the deplorable service from so many of their locations. They should remember "without the customer" there would be no need for the business. Interesting, it is my auto insurance company, Nationwide, that has a relationship with them, hence they recommended I work with Enterprise. However, that did not seem to matter either. In this economy where there are people looking for work, it would seem there should be some people with the requisite customer service skills. Thank you for allowing me to post this information.

I rented an intermediate car from Enterprise Phoenix, Sky Harbour, '16 Nov. 17 and dropped it off LAX, '16 Nov. 10. I thought the original rental fee of $111 per day was high but assumed they built in a drop fee. I was eventually charged an extra $130 in "fees" including Stadium Surcharge, Vehicle License Surcharge, Transaction Privilege Tax, Maintenance Fee, Customer Facility Charge, and Concession Recovery Fee. The final bill was $467.00 for 3 days. I have never paid these kind of fees in my life, especially the hidden fees.

The Heathrow branch is as bad as it gets. The terms and conditions on rental agreement clearly do not state that I needed a landline number for myself. I did not have a landline number but offered another one of someone I knew. Needless to say car rental was refused. The manager had no problem solving abilities, was dishonest about the event and was devious about manipulating the situation for her convenience and called security to 'defend herself' just because she could not answer my questions even though I was polite and not abusive towards her. She was a horrible woman with poor communication skills, showed no managerial skills and talked to me like I was stupid and a liar. This judgmental attitude reeks of trash. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Within 5 minutes I managed to get a car with a competitor next door. No irrelevant questions asked and no character judgments made. I have had a valid license for over 25 years, no points/penalties, no criminal or police records and own an un-mortgaged property with 2 proof of addresses and valid passport available (but not all asked for). I really don't need to deal with trash like Enterprise again. EVER. Thankfully.

I did business with them for 37 years. Literally. NEVER AGAIN! They are true nightmares. I had a confirmed reservation for November 10. I called the local Turtle Creek, PA office on November 9 to confirm I would be picked up at 9 a.m. A woman named "Britney **" confirmed she would pick me up... after a 22-minute wait for her to answer!

The next day, I waited... and waited... and waited outside my home. She never showed up. I drove to the office and was told by a woman (who refused to give her name and did not wear a name tag) that I did not have a reservation. Lie number 1. When I handed her the official reservation and number, she "magically" found the reservation, and said "Britney" CANCELED it because she could not "reach" me on the phone and that I did not have a phone message. Another lie. I told her to go ** herself. I emailed "Britney" who never answered it. That day I got a call from "Ray in corporate." He said Britney DID leave a message on my machine (another lie) and cancelled the reservation because she could not reach me. Lie and lie after lie. I think he was on drugs. Truly. I asked Jesus to have mercy on their souls.

I had a warranty "covered" car rental via McMahon Ford in St. Louis, MO. The $90 refundable deposit was supposed to be returned to my account following the return of the rental. It was not. After multiple calls to both Enterprise and McMahon Ford, each have placed blame on paperwork and have told me to call the other. The deposit return remains unresolved (McMahon is also receiving a bad review). The customer service was actually great at my Enterprise location but $90 is $90. I'd warn anybody about having a rental at Enterprise or McMahon Ford.

On Saturday November 12, 2016 my husband and I walked into Enterprise on 108-14 Astoria Blvd East Elmhurst, NY 11369. We were attended by ** Account Executive from the car sales division. I have to say that this was our second time at this exact Enterprise to purchase a car both times. ** was professional, courteous and an exceptional person to work with. He made us feel comfortable, he was attentive to our needs. It was an all day process but we purchased a car that day. He was very personable. We were impressed with his knowledge of Enterprise (history), which was very interesting to hear. He was aware of the previous person who assisted us in 2013 when we purchased a car then and where that person is right know concerning business (doing very well).

I would recommend ** to anyone looking for a great deal. The car we purchased was used but just a little over 10,000 miles and the trade in value we received was great. They found us a prime choice bank to finance us and worked hard for us to get a good rate to keep my payments manageable. They did all the legwork, presented when all was complete and we decided if it was for us. The car I wanted was in another location. They went, brought it over, we test drove it, and loved it. Armando was even cleaning the car for us to make sure we went away completely satisfied. The service was excellent.

Recently over the last one year, I have had extremely bad experience with the Enterprise Rent A Car location in Mt. Olive, NJ 07828 as a loyal long-term Enterprise Rent A Car Customer. There are ample personnel changes in this location over the last 1-2 years, including the Branch Manager. The location used to provide excellent services with great Branch Manager in the past, until the recent Branch Manager, Matthew **, who has poorly served me as a whole. The services from this location has been poor and unacceptable. This branch has treated me poorly as a loyal long-term customer of Enterprise Rent A Car Customer. I do not deserve this type of poor services from Enterprise Rent A Car.

This Branch Manager has not even been able to talk to me in a professional manner and has not treated me as a loyal customer of Enterprise Rent A Car with the quality and the professional service. On 11/12/2016, one of his employees accused me that I threatened him by making things up totally without any merit evidence, but the Branch Manager, Matthew **, seem to take his word without any verification and validations. The employee said that If I do not get a good car and I am going to kill him. I have never said that on 11/9/2016 when I picked up the car and this employee is not able to provide any proof to me that I have said that, which I have never done or will do.

This is a legal issue that must be addressed by Enterprise Rent A Car corporate office officially for this type of accusation. In addition, I rent the car 2 days + 6 hours, but I was charged for 3 days in a total amount of $108.09. I asked the Branch Manager, Matthew **, to do something and he refused to do so. I also asked the Branch Manager to switch my payment to another credit card and he refused to do so because he told me the order is closed. Most of all, the branch manager has not been willing to do anything to a customer like me. So why is he there to serve his fellow customers of Enterprise Rent A Car? I look forward to hearing a reasonable resolution from the Enterprise Rent A Car Cooperation Office.

I received 2 "Courtesy" letters from Enterprise Rental about Illinois tolls I didn't pay while driving a rental car. The date location and time of the tolls were not me or anyone in the rental. After multiples calls to dispute the charge to my credit telling them I have my I-PASS record to prove we were not on the road using those tolls they insisted we had to prove it. The car was sitting in our driveway all night. While Enterprise could not prove the tolls were us. They agreed to remove the charges and adm. fees and today our credit card statement came and we were charged for the tolls anyway, it's not the fact that it's a 1.50 charge it's the fact that it was never us and they can't prove it so no charges or letter should have been incurred in the first place. I will never rent from Enterprise again and I would recommend others steer clear of this shady operation too.

1 star is being generous. This company, a WEEK after I had returned the car and had been reimbursed for the rental deposit, decided to charge my bank account $285. With absolutely zero call or notification beforehand. The insurance company was able to admit their mistake and accept responsibility of reimbursement of the $285, which has been received. Now, unfortunately, because Enterprise didn't believe a phone call was necessary before pulling money out of my bank account, I ended up $160 NEGATIVE. I received notification from my bank that I had overdraft my account on 3 occasions, because Enterprise drained my checking account without warning.

My fiance and myself have tried several times, for over a months time, to speak to a regional manager, seeking reimbursement for the $90 overdraft fees that they absolutely UNNECESSARILY caused me. We've been strung along, guaranteed calls back, and assured of reimbursement. When we finally spoke to supposed "manager" **, he was just as rude as every other employee I have spoken too. And now all of a sudden "Enterprise doesn't do reimbursements". The store I dealt with (35th/Noland) is full of deceitful thieves who will do whatever it takes to get money in their pocket. STAY AWAY.

The actual car and rental experience was great... top notch. The problem came when returning the car, I went in to the office area, my wife and son removed the luggage from the back. The fellow from the counter went out to check the mileage and fuel level and returned to give me my receipt. When I went to put the receipt in my wallet, I remembered I left my wallet it in the car. However, it was nowhere to be found. In 2 minutes, with my wife standing at the rear of the car... the only person who went into the car was the guy from the front counter to check the mileage. Of course he denied it and I have no proof (ie CCTV).

Now the good part... The guy from Enterprise driving me to the airport, called me later to say he searched the car again with no luck. Even called me when I was home in Canada to apologize. Then I got a call from the area manager who informed me a full investigation was underway and they would refund me the cost of the rental. I was very happy how Enterprise viewed this and conducted themselves with all of the facts (known and presumed). My faith was restored by their great customer service and prompt attention to the matter. I'm sure I won't get my wallet back, but I am confident the alleged thief is no longer employed by them.

Stay away!! This company will nickel-and-dime you to death. They will lie to you and charge you for any reason they can after the car is returned. They are rude and don't care about customer service. Their slogan of "Feel the family business environment in a corporate world". Such a pile of crap. It felt very corporate, when no one could make a decision and all management was too busy or not at location. Called Corporate and told to get to the point so she can see if she needs to file a complaint. Then told she only had a small spot to enter complaint. Then store manager in Desoto, TX called me immature and hung up on me when I questioned his business decisions.

If you going to drop off the vehicle at another location, you will be charged 150 for a 75 dollar rental car. Then they said, "We will cut that charge in half to 75." I read the contract, which states they could only charge equal to rental cost. So there is the lie. I never was asked my drop-off point and never rented before so never knew it mattered. It was in contract in small print. They love to say they assumed. The word assume they love to assume. If you rent from them better read all four pages of small print and inspect the car very well. Shady business.

My grandson and wife and 2 small children were flying into Cincinnati, Ohio today from Austin, Texas. They have a beautiful 7 yr old daughter who has Cerebral Palsy and is going to have a very delicate surgery on Nov. 9th in Columbus, Ohio, but because of cost of flying, it was cheaper to fly into Cincinnati and drive to Columbus, Ohio. Therefore the car rental was needed. They were traveling with the 7 yr. old and the 1 yr. old and a lot of luggage (since this surgery is requiring them to a stay till Dec. 2nd). My granddaughter had already talked to the rental company, as they were taking the shuttle bus from the airport to the office to pick up the car.

When they arrived at the office and proceeded to rent and pay for the rental, they presented their bank debit card and were told they couldn't accept the card, that it had to be a major credit card. When my granddaughter told them she didn't have anything else, she was told that they could not rent her a car. She then asked to talk to a manager, to try to explain her situation, and see if they why they had failed to tell her this before, when she had called. An assistant manager (Sam) came up and proceeded to be very rude to her, and when she tried to explain her predicament, he just told her that they should get back on the shuttle bus and go back to airport and find some other company to rent a car.

Now I understand that they may have a "No Debit Card" policy but there was no reason to be very rude, inconsiderate, and uncompassionate to them and just telling them "to get back on the bus and go back to the airport and find something else". Really! At least nicely say that they have that policy and at least try to help and suggest another company who will take a debit card, here you see a family with 2 small children and probably having a hard time, (cause it is a challenge traveling with 2 small children, that were tired and restless and hungry by then) and you can't even be nice. What happened to being respectful and polite to any human being when you are in the business of providing a service to the public. This Asst. Manager has no business being in this position if he has no respect or "people skills".

My sister-in-law worked for Enterprise Car Rental for years and she was always considerate, polite and respectable to everyone. I always thought highly of this company, and always used it when I needed a car rental company, but now sad to say that due to the fact my grandkids and great grandkids were treated so rudely I will never use them again and will tell everyone I know, to not use this company.

By the way the shuttle bus driver (don't know your name, wish I did, so I could "Thank You") took my kids directly to Avis Car Rental, where they did take care of them and got them on their way to Columbus, Ohio. I being a district manager for a food service company and dealing with the public do not tolerate being rude, or disrespectful to any of our customers from our employees. I think this company should evaluate and retrain their "so called managers" and employees in this particular office on some people skills!

3 of my staff have been robbed with the deposit. I am the MD of Queens and was with Andrew 2 days in London Hartlepool. Back at the depot the laddey on the desk say we broke the front bumper - not so I called the Stockton on Tees branch and they told me this front bumper was already broken - £200 deposit. I will be taking this to court.

FYI for my fellow travelers... Never rent from Enterprise leasing. They set up a rental pickup for us today at 2 PM, but guess what, they closed at 1. Now if we want a car we have to go to the airport and pay $384 for the same car we were paying $220 for from the local pickup place. Nice job - will not be renting with you anymore and will be sure to pass this on to everyone I know. Katherine at the Bob Wallace location is to thank for this mess.

STAY AWAY!! This was my first and last time using Enterprise. I used them due to an accident and needed a car. They did not have a car for me after picking me up and waiting three hours. They ask you for a security deposit, which I would think would be returned after the car is returned. They charge your card immediately without notice and then it takes week for them to return your money if it was not used. THEY DO NOT tell you this upfront. They KEEP YOUR CREDIT CARD ON FILE to use in case they want to charge you weeks later. I got a notice 2 weeks later indicating that there was a $2.54 toll that occurred when I got the car. I was NEVER sent a notice by MVA.

However I get a letter stating that Enterprise charged my card AFTER I closed out everything more than a week ago and they added a $10.00 administrative charge. Though it is a very small amount, good thing there was enough to cover it. Though it didn't, it could cause problems for customers. Do yourself a favor, go elsewhere. Though insurance covered the bulk of the charges, they did not deserve the business and I will let everyone know. Do better Enterprise!

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.
  • Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.
  • Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.
  • Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.
  • Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.
  • Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.
  • Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.
  • Best for Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

Compare Rental Cars