1.42/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3074 Enterprise Rent A Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Customer service is terrible and Eric is very rude. They charged me for extra coverage and roadside assistance that was never explained to me. When I call back to asked about the charges, I was rushed off the phone like whatever.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Enterprise discriminates against stay at home moms. My Significant Other called them to rent a car for me as he is in Northern CA for work and I am in southern CA. They wouldn't let him rent the car on his credit card because he can't come in person to pick up. They also wouldn't let him walk into the local enterprise near him to rent a car, sign the contract, and have that enterprise fax the signed contract to the Hemet enterprise either. He explained the situation and the person said I could just come and pay with a debit card. So we set up the rental and then I'm told that I if I'm paying by debit card I have to bring in a utility bill in my name AND a pay-stub in my name in order to rent.

I explained to them that I am a stay at home mom and my Significant Other is the breadwinner and therefore the bills AND paystubs are in his name. The checking account the debit card is attached to is a JOINT checking account with him. Doesn't matter. Utility bills AND pay stubs have to be in my name or no car. So my street, yard, garage, and driveway are flooded, my car has an issue that renders it inoperable when it drives through water and enterprise would rather have 3 kids remain stranded at school in a rainstorm and FLOOD than to work with a stay at home mom and help her rent a car. #ShameOnYouEnterprise #BoycottEnterpriseCarRental

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Just want to give a thank you to Tyler, Rio and Shaun at the enterprise at the Columbiana store in Hoover Alabama... They all Exhibit good customer service and Professionalisms. They made my experience more than welcome and I will be good back.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I rented a car from Enterprise rental. I had added my boyfriend on as a driver. The rental was in my name, with my corporate code and my credit card. Enterprise handed my information out to someone that called and said they needed the receipt for insurance reimbursement. The person gave their name, and they gave her a paper copy of all my information. (It’s my boyfriend's soon to be ex) She now has my name, my address, and Enterprise has given me multiple reasons why they gave this to her and then denied even giving her my address. Just my name. I guess anyone can walk in and get all of the information they want. Now I am paying the price for it. I thought there was such a thing as privacy. Guess not.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had 30 days of insurance coverage of my rental. The man that rented me the car at the location was new and did not adjust the car price to the insurance coverage amount of $30.00 a day. I had a reservation and this was the last car available on the lot. The rate by the agreement should have been adjusted to the $30.00 a day. I received a bill at the end for a whopping 1174.17. Two months later, I am still trying to get this resolved and get my money back. If you have a chance, pick another rental company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Made a reservation. Had reservation number. They didnt pick me up and when I called them they only had a pickup truck and a minivan. I am a small senior citizen and both were not options for me. The girl at the location told me she could call me when more cars were available??? I had a reservation and specified a small car. There's a disconnect with the reservation center and the individual locations.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

This is going to be a rather long complaint as Enterprise tried to screw me over one time after another after another. It started back in Sept ‘18. I had rented a car to go from Chicago to Nashville, and on the second day was hit by a deer (literally, deer ran into the passenger side of the car). After calling Enterprise and deeming the car no longer safe to drive, they asked us to bring the car to the Nashville location immediately to trade the car out. We got to the location and we're told we had to pay my deductible right then and there in order to get another car, which would be fair if my insurance would have even known what that would be but as it just happened an hour ago it was still in the works. The guy tells me it's normally $500 and just takes the $500 out of my account right then and there. Red flag number 1 (My deductible ended up being $100). We were desperate for a car so we just didn’t put up a fight and went on with our trip.

When returning the car a few days later at the Chicago location and explaining what happened on the trip, the worker looked at me like I was crazy and told me it was NOT their policy to make us pay the deductible before getting a new car, and if they did it would NOT be as high of a number as $500. He was so sketched out by it, he returned it to me ASAP. He also informed me they charged me for not bringing the damaged car back with a full tank of gas and kindly returned that to me as well. Probably the only good service I was given throughout my whole experience.

After sending everything to my insurance company, my insurance covered the damaged cost 100%, I only owed my $100 deductible. Enterprise continuously called me and sent me letters saying they had no insurance info for me and I owed them the 3,436$ in damages. After returning every one of their phone calls informing them what my insurance info was AND my insurance trying to contact them they still continued to say they were never given my info. Finally the letters and calls stop and I assumed it was over with and was just waiting for Enterprise to send me my bill for my $100 deductible.

My insurance company ended up paying the damages minus the $100 on December 15th. On December 23rd, Enterprise sent me another letter with an invoice telling me they have not received money from my insurance for the 3,436$ and if not paid by me in 10 days I will be sent to collections AND I was banned from using them and 3 other rental car places.

Since the holidays are around the 23rd when they sent the letter, I did not even receive this letter until the day before my deadline to pay what “wasn’t already paid to them”. After calling and telling them I shouldn’t have to owe the couple thousand to them and asked if they had my insurance all that was said to me was “we have your insurance info, anything else?” After talking to my insurance more, they told me to pay my deductible to Enterprise and move on because everything else was taken care of and they might be making a mistake when saying it’s the couple thousand I’m still owing.

So I paid it. And a month later I get a letter from a collection agency saying I was sent to collections by Enterprise over that $100 deductible. After much fighting between me and the collection agency and me and Enterprise, I FINALLY got my proof in and showed everything was paid that needed to be paid in a reasonable time. I also got a chuckle when even an employee I talked to from the company has no idea how I was sent to collections after receiving ONE letter saying the amount I owed. Enterprise does not know how to handle claims professionally and does not look out for the consumer, only how they’ll get their next buck even if that means trying to scam them. ALWAYS keep proof of payments with this company.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My mother was put in hospice care with only days to live. I reserved a car to make the trip to see her hopfully before she passed. When I went to pick up the rental I didn't have enough room to put the full amount on my credit card and asked if I could use a debit card. I was told "NO!" I WAS TREATED VERY BADLY!! This is at the Marion, IL location. P.S. Dan from this location... I hope you feel exactly the way you made me feel for the rest of your life!! YOU ARE A PIECE OF ** GARBAGE!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I was broadsided and my insurance company requested that I use Enterprise - when I went to get my vehicle they gave me a minivan - it was pitch dark out so I could only rely on the inspection that the representative gave me - when I returned the vehicle the rep found the bumper was loose due to a clip missing (this could have been that way when I picked up the vehicle - I have no documentation because I have no experience renting vehicles). They repaired the vehicle and charged me $1,200 dollars for a clip on the bumper that was probably already damaged. I will never rent or recommend any rent from them ever!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Beware Gatwick Airport Branch! Service, particularly their manager, is negligent to the point of being dangerous. Don't use -- you could be traumatized like I was (please see note below regarding how they communicate -- or don't -- with customers, and how poorly they treat people who have been very good customers for many years). I am writing about my experience at the Gatwick Airport Enterprise branch when I picked up my rental car there on January 25th and dropped it off on February 4th. You will see I called DRU on February 6th to inquire about the situation with the car. At this time, I described my pick-up and drop-off experience to the agent on the phone. She acknowledged this was a concern, and said she added notes to that effect in my file.

You will see from the claim that the car was misfueled. The details of how this happened are set out below, and I will gladly repeat them as part of an insurance claim or dispute process, if I have to. Before doing that, however, I want to tell you that I have been an Enterprise customer for a long time, and have rented cars many times from the Gatwick branch without issue. I have always found Enterprise agents to be a cut above. In particular, they have stood out for reviewing the details of the car with the customer to make sure the customer is fully apprised of important aspects of the vehicle and all questions are answered.

In this situation, both check-out and drop-off were unusually poorly handled, resulting in a needlessly traumatic experience and what I am told is damage to the car ranging from a small refueling charge to replacement of the entire engine. On calling DRU on February 6 to ascertain the details of the claim, I was told I would not know for some weeks, which extends the trauma, stress, and worry throughout these weeks.

I will be traveling to Gatwick multiple times in the future, but at this point I don't feel confident dealing with the staff at the branch. Given that the manager of the branch, Christian **, was not at all inclined to listen to me and to help customers avoid such experiences, I feel I need to warn other customers of the trauma they may experience as a customer there, which I will post to the internet after this message.

This is unfortunate, because I do believe Enterprise in general to be a good company. My first intention on talking with Mr. ** was to let him know my overall opinion of Enterprise and how it had varied in this case, leading to this outcome. That I truly wouldn't want anyone to experience what I did, which could be prevented. My impression was that Mr. ** did feel some responsibility but felt the need to deny everything on behalf of his agents to avoid responsibility, becoming rude in his defensiveness. His handling of the situation, however, has alienated a long-term customer and will result in similar situations.

Here are the details of what occurred: At the time of pickup, I had noted that the agent did not take the time agents usually take to review the car with me. Yes, she was polite, but she was clearly in a rush. I had asked if any of the vehicles had a GPS system because my phone was not functioning well at the time. I did not insist, was very polite, and simply just asked. She went into the back office for awhile while I sat and waited. Then she came out, and without any explanation, took me out to get the car.

When we were out by the car, she informed me I "had an upgrade" for the first time. I remember her saying "We're very happy to be able to rent this car," which struck me as odd. I actually prefer to drive smaller cars in the UK, hadn't been informed of the "upgrade" prior to being taken to the car, and was a bit confused why she would be happy to have the chance to rent this particular car -- was it perhaps not much in demand?

She seemed in quite a rush, handed me the keys, then noted from her "pad" that the price was different from what she had told me. She then told me she would make sure it was right, and rushed back into the office without reviewing the car with me. At this point, feeling a bit confused and left-alone, I tried to review things in the car by myself, and in fact tried to find her -- I thought she was going to come back. However, waiting a bit, she didn't come back out, so I went over to ask some questions of the person at the outside drop-off kiosk.

One of the questions I asked was how to determine the car was fully-fueled (it was hard to tell on the dial) -- the person pointed this out, but also didn't inform me that the car required diesel fuel, then quickly went back to her station. I actually went back another time to try to re-confirm with her how to read the dial because she had been so quick with me the first time; she quickly pointed that the tank was full, but at this point it was clear she didn't see this as part of her job.

At this point, having tried to understand the fueling needs and not been apprised of any alternate fuel requirements, I had no reason to know to ask any further questions. You can see that even though the agents were not thorough with me I tried to do what I could to understand the needs of the car. Had I been told there were alternate requirements, given this would be the first time I had ever used diesel fuel in a car (and despite renting cars multiple times from this very Enterprise branch), I would have certainly asked follow-up questions to make sure I understood what fueling with diesel entails.

After drop-off, I got a message that there was an issue with the car -- I was able to receive calls at this point as I was on the Gatwick wifi network. I returned from the airport to the branch to discuss. The first agent was understanding and acknowledged that yes, such situations would be avoided if the agent made it clear that the car needed diesel fuel. I asked to talk with the manager at this point as I wanted to make sure this point was understood at his level.

Please understand that the Gatwick branch is at an airport -- and as such, the agents are renting to people from out of the country, in my case the United States, where it is highly unusual for cars to need diesel fuel. If customers, and the branch itself, is to have a successful rental business, informing customers of such an unusual fueling requirement is essential -- and very important. It would seem that the manager would want to be aware of this to prevent problems. Training agents to make this clear - and adding other measures, such as a sticker on the gas cap stating "Diesel only" would completely prevent such a situation.

Mr. ** didn't seem to care about any of these things. He kept repeating that his agents were all well-trained and he stood by them. He pointed out how the agent was trying to please me by giving me an upgrade. This seems an odd response to the situation -- I did not ask for nor insist on an upgrade. I was surprised when I was taken to a larger car, and this seemed clear to the agent who was "happy to be able to rent" that particular car and a little flustered herself by handling the difference in price. In fact, agents should be aware that particularly if they give a customer an upgrade, especially in the manner in which it was done with me, it is even more important to review the details of the car that are different from the one reserved. Moreover, trying to please a customer with a bigger car, or being polite in general, does not somehow excuse an agent for a less-than-thorough check-out process.

At one point, Mr. ** acknowledged that "In many cases, we pay for damage to cars, even when we don't have to," but in my case he wouldn't. I hadn't brought up the branch paying at this point -- my intention was that customers not have the experience I had, and that he understand how this can be avoided. The fact that he responded by a statement about the branch paying, in retrospect, makes me think his demeanor was less about preventing such a situation than concern about his own narrow responsibilities and branch costs.

It was shocking that he showed so little recognition or concern about the cursory check-out I experienced. Even while his agent herself, and later, the DRU agent on the phone, acknowledged that not informing customers of alternate fuel requirements could cause such traumatic problems, he basically told me I was lying. At no point in my discussion with him was I rude or in any way disruptive -- I was, however, incredulous at how he treated me and his lack of any acknowledgement that it was even possible his agent might not have informed me of fuel needs -- even after I explained at length my rather unusual check-out experience.

I can understand the check-out agent was rushed and not fully-trained in terms of car-review protocol with the customer; I can understand the branch made a mistake; but I cannot understand a manager treating a customer like this. Mr. ** handling of the situation has alienated me as a customer and made me feel very uncomfortable using the company -- and particularly the Gatwick branch -- in the future. If that is how he runs things, I do not feel I am in good hands with my future rental needs and feel obligated to do what I can to prevent anyone experiencing what I did at the Gatwick branch. Thank you for your time and attention.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I returned a rental car to the company six weeks ago. The car was checked and declared all in order and my deposit to be returned to my account. When I called days later to tell them my deposit had not been credited to my account they were very apologetic and assured me it would be paid in promptly. Many phone calls later I have had several broken promises of return phone calls to tell me what is happening and no return of my deposit of £200. I will certainly never use Enterprise again and will obviously recommend anyone I know to avoid them completely.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I’m Julia **. and I’m the only renter and driver for all of the cars I’ve been renting from Enterprise Miami Beach. Rental Agreement # **. I picked up the first car on Nov. 25, 2018. I also sent you screenshots/copies of bank statements of charges charged to my account. I never received a deposit back. The regional manager is refusing to email me a solution over all. When I initially spoke to her just like the managers at the location, she was trying to convince me that the Alex/driver wouldn’t steal. No form of reimbursement was offered to me for my items being stolen out of the car. I also emailed several times asking for an itemized bill of how much it was a week that I was being charged because I didn’t understand the charges. I also never received a deposit back.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I travel all over the world and rent cars with many rental car companies, but I have experience what I experienced on the 29th of December with Enterprise Rent A Car in Barcelona, Spain. We made a reservation to pick a van at the Barcelona Airport for my family and I (5 people). I needed the car to drive to Madrid (400 miles) and for the 14 days were staying in Spain. Got to the desk and they tell me that my van is not available because they gave it to someone else. Their excuse was that I was 30 minutes after the time I said I was going to pick up the van. So they gave my van to someone else who paid more than what I was paying with my corporate rate. To make things worse, they told me that they had no cars available, but I can see them parked. They offered no help to get me a car, I had no place to stay with my family and they made no effort to help. I had no choice but to paid a lot of money for just one way rental with Sixt to Madrid.

The story does not end here. I called Enterprise USA, booked a car in Madrid. When I got to the rental car desk in Madrid, they tell me that there are no cars and my reservation is no canceled. After arguing with the manager there for 1 hour, she was kind enough to find me a car. Lesson learned with Enterprise. They will screw you vacation and leave you in a country you don't live. They don't care. I will never rent with Enterprise ever!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I rented a car for the weekend family issues and never got picked up or a phone call. Their contract was that I would have it by 3:00 in the afternoon. But Lamar kept me on hold for over an hour... When I called with another phone number a girl answered and I told her I needed a vehicle and that I was on hold on another phone line and I let her listen to my other phone and I told her I have been on hold for a long time over an hour and I would like to have my rental and then Lamar got on the line and was telling me he was picking me up at three because vehicle just came in and they were going to clean it. I said ok.

Called back at 3:00 still nothing and then he told me I rented to late in the day. (12:45) And then gave me an attitude and changed my contract to pick me up at 8:00 PM and they close at 6:00pm and then I called corporate office and they called him. And then he said he was on his way. I called back at 5:55 and he said, "We close at 6:00," and if I could get there he would wait. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN... VERY RUDE PEOPLE IN THE OFFICE in SPRINGLAKE, NORTH CAROLINA. BRAGG BOULEVARD.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

First experience dealing with any sort of rental agreement or rental car! What a scam. I was directed to Enterprise via my Car Brand Company as my Car was in the shop for repair and Enterprise was, unfortunately, the company used to supply me with a courtesy car. No communication, faulty and damaged car given at start (which I was told not to worry about).

4 days after the car was returned I received a call asking me to deliver the car back to them (unprofessional to say the least), refusal to refund my deposit and now I have been hit with a damage liability claim for something I DID NOT do nor can they prove I done this as the car was out of my possession 4 days prior to it being returned to them. They thought they had an easy target. They thought wrong. An absolute disgrace of a company! If you ever have the misfortune of having to deal with the company take pictures... hundreds of pictures! Do not miss an inch of your car inside and out. Better that. Avoid them all together - Don't even deserve one star!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I rented a vehicle from Enterprise and the first 7 days was through insurance. I was directed to switch to my name, with my card and my member number. I rented two more months at 300 a week and was told upon return that no points would be honored!! If I had known this it would have made a difference on where I chose to spend my money! Use anyone else but Enterprise. When you call they are rude and act appalled you even asked for the reward points.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I rented a truck from the airport in Thompson, Manitoba to attend a work-site for the day. I advised the clerk at the airport that I was booked to fly out that same evening and was instructed to simply return the vehicle to the lot and put the keys in the night box. I return the truck, full tank of gas, no damage, pristine. Backed into the parking spot just as I found the truck. And in the Enterprise designated spots. About a month later the clerk calls me to inform me of a big dent in the front bumper. I told them that it must have happened after it was returned. The airport lot is incredibly busy with busses and cars and trucks galore. He accepts my comments and I hear nothing about it for another three months when their service center emails me claiming I am liable for the damage.

Politely I ask for a copy of the terms and conditions that they are referencing so that I can review. They claim that the customer is responsible for the safekeeping of the car until a representative of that branch can inspect it. It took three times asking for the terms when a PARTIAL copy was finally provided. It turns out that the liability of the customer is just as they suggested IF THE VEHICLE IS RETURNED TO A DIFFERENT LOCATION. The claims rep conveniently chose to keep that clause to herself. That is fraudulent. It is acting in bad faith. Oh, and it’s criminal. To make things more insulting, half of the copy of the terms provided were in French. The claims rep, to this day, refuses to provide the name of her management to address the issue.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Before I took the rented the car Enterprise did not check the rear door for child lock for any defect as they normally check outside of the car for any existing damage. After I drove the car for half a day with my friend in the rear seat he found that the child lock was defective. So I returned the car to the Enterprise explaining the bad child lock. In response the manager instead of apologetic she started harassing me and even deducted $50 upfront from my credit card and further filed a damaged report which in turn their damage and recovery department further contacted me for more actions on my insurance and possibly pay them more if I didn't act quickly. I recommend people to be very cautious if they intend to rent any vehicle from Memorial Pkwy branch of Enterprise Rent a car in Huntsville, AL mainly because of unfair behavior of a manager.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I'll begin with this - this issue may have more to do with the branch than the entire company, but feel it's important to highlight the issue nonetheless. We reserved a vehicle in advance and received confirmation of the rental. Showed up at the enterprise desk in Santo Domingo airport and we were told they did not have a vehicle for us, we could file a claim if we wanted, and got an unsympathetic shrug of the shoulders. We went to a different company and while they did have a car available, it was way too expensive so we turned that down. Finally went to Hertz, who did have a car, but at 3 times the price of our enterprise quote. We ended up paying this since the trip we planned required a car. Very disappointing way to start our trip, both in terms of the lack of concern from staff and the money we ended up having to spend because we were given no notice and had to make last minute plans.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I travel quote frequently and made a reservation for a 10/31 pickup. As I arrived (which I paid for a Uber to not consume their onsite staff for a pick-up, as they're generally short on associates to help aid guests) they acknowledge my reservation and brought my vehicle around. Just as I’m about to get in and leave, a manager (of some kind) came outside, pulled the keys from the team member, and stated, “That’s not his – you made a mistake – give me those keys” and rudely walked away. “Nothing” was mentioned to myself or even a “pardon me”. I was invisible to this associate. I did feel empathy for the poor person who had to turn to me and explain something he didn’t even understand. Doesn’t Enterprise have processes and policies to avoid these type of issues. I highly suggest they move forward with some sort of customer engagement classes.

I then drive away - “with a vehicle I didn’t select” and returned the vehicle on 11-3. Now returning the vehicle you would assume is easy, but they close early on Saturday which makes no sense for a rental car company. Every airport has basically 7 day a week support and they don’t close early, plus this location doesn’t operate on Sunday. So since they don’t operate as 99.9% of the industry, they also wanted to bill myself for these days. I was billed for two extra days and when I attempted to explain this to the local office, it fell on deaf ears. (mind you my rental was in their parking lot since 12pm Saturday).

Their office basically stated this is my fault and I could’ve returned the car to another office that was open. “That makes no sense”. Typically most customers pick their office because of location. Then during my conversation with a local mgr, he basically stated, “We’re 100% correct and you’re on your own.” This is ridiculous, then the onsite mgr has the gall to state “well, I don’t have to do the math again, but I can since you don’t get it”. I then called the customer complaint office “twice”, left my information wanting a return call and nothing has been done. I asked for a follow-up call with their local regional manager or VP, she was suppose to call myself and same response…silence.

Unfortunately, I can say that this local area of Enterprise is good at one thing, which sadly to say is ignoring issues and replying with silence in which I believe they're hoping I would assume at this point is for the customer to just go away. I travel frequently and a vast majority of my company peers do so as well, but we’re not going to use Enterprise any longer. I will state that the main associate who assisted myself and very courteous and receptive. Other than this, they have a lot of effort and improvement to commit to. Office area was filthy to add, which is not a initial good sign. Shall I go on?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I had rent a vehicle from 22/12 – 30/12 at Brisbane airport from Enterprise Rent A Car. Too bad that we had a bad experience on the last day of our trip. It was because that I filled a Patrol gas into a Diesel car before car return which cost us the toll fee AUD $150 and the car fix AUD $1100 also half day of our trip... Recall the day when we pick up the car on the midnight of 22/12, I’m sure the staff never mentioned or reminded us that the car is in Diesel, also I find nowhere on the document/contract there has mentioned it’s a Diesel car. Don’t make me wrong I am not trying to stay away from the responsibility, but I think it's not only my responsible and I want to clarify the facts. The company keep ignoring me...

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My first experience with Enterprise wasn’t the best for me but the second experience was by far the worst. I rented a car from December 28th, 2018 to January 31st, 2019. My problem didn’t start there. A week later January 5th, 2019 I had to call Enterprise to tell them the rental had been stolen. I was instructed to file a police report and to call them back with the report number so I did just that. The rental was later found that day NOT by Enterprise and I notified them but was told by NFPD it had to be towed. January 7th, 2019 Enterprise picked the rental up from the towing company and I was never notified but noticed a receipt in my email and after paying over $1100 I was being refunded only $372 after only a week of having the rental.

I called Enterprise and I was told I was added on the DO NOT RENT list. I have now called 4 times since the 7th to speak with a manager about my refund and being added to the DNR list and have yet to get a response from ANYONE during the entire experience. I also called a manager’s phone three times and have not received a call back. At this point I would never rent from them again even if I was removed from the list.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

After a terrible car accident, Enterprise Car Rental on East Six Forks Road in Raleigh NC was terrific to work with. There was ease of rental and a third party lien, which they handled expertly. Something was left behind in the rental, and they carefully held on to it until we could retrieve it. Kristen ** is a great manager and helped us herself! I recommend this Enterprise Car Rental to anyone!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We reserved a 15-passenger van for January 18, 2019, on December 4, 2018. We called this morning (talked to "Dennis") to confirm we would be picking up the van by 4:30pm. We also called at 4:00pm to confirm we were on our way to get the van. We arrived to get the van, only to be told our van was already rented out. What? Chris **, the manager was less than professional. He was more concerned about his own feelings than customer service. He just kept citing a policy about not guaranteeing a specific vehicle and then had the audacity to say we never called to confirm our reservation...which we did...multiple times.

He then went on about not getting a call. He said he would rent us a minivan. How is a minivan going to accommodate 15 people?!! I asked for his supervisor's name. Instead of just giving it to me, he said he was the Branch Manager. I told him to give me his info and he said he didn't have any cards. I asked again for a supervisor's contact info. After waiting awhile, I got it. I called the Station Manager. He was absolutely no help and regurgitated the same nonsense the other guy said to me. So, I didn't get my vehicle!!! NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We booked a car with the location at 160 E Hillsboro Blvd, Deerfield Beach Florida for Dec. 27th 8 am pick-up. Our flight arrived a little bit earlier on Dec 26 and we contacted ** branch manager if he would wait for us and give us the car earlier. He was very accommodating waited for us even though it was closing time and gave us a great car and no additional costs. Also very quick and efficient, I strongly recommend this location to all my friends.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

So they called 2 days prior to confirm our reservation for a 10 day rental, WE CONFIRMED. They are local, we actually used them at least 2x month for rentals. Evidently since we didn't come to pick it up the night before, they had the vehicle re-rented out to someone else before we could get in the following morning by 8:30. They had NO OTHER VEHICLES... We were driving to a funeral in Kansas, going to visit other family along the way back. They didn't care, nor try to help.

Most recently, we have tried to rent from them, like today, we need a truck rental for tomorrow. We will be inbound from a round trip to Tucson AZ. We will arrive back home about 30 min after they close. So we can't drop off keys because they have no drop box, we can't drop it off the following day (Saturday) because they ARE NOT OPEN ON WEEKENDS. So they want to rent it to us for 3 days, 2 more than we need. WTH!! And no customer service. We are done. We will drive 85 miles to El Paso and rent a vehicle from a different company before we step foot again inside their establishment.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

2nd time I had issues with Enterprise as they were very dishonest with me when charging my CC 2 times and didn’t want to refund me the double charge saying that he see that the first charge was not successful even after I showed my bank statement. I disputed the charge and got the approval of the bank. Very unhappy the way they handled me.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We rented a car in Tampa, FL for 6 days. Yes, we did go through two tolls: One for $9 something and one for $2 something (Supposedly. We have never received a receipt for either one and there was never any toll stations anywhere we drove by). I have been charged multiple times for these tolls. They have charged me so many times I have received overdraft fees. I have called, repeatedly, since December (the rental was in November) and they returned one of the erroneous charges, only to charge me for it again a week later. I have spoken to several managers who have no interested what so ever in fixing their issues.

This last Monday, I was told to submit my bank form showing the multiple charges on their website. I did this exactly as I was told, and instead of refunding me as I was told they would, I received an email telling me to call another 800 number (The email was so unprofessional and had so many grammatical errors it wasn't even funny). I called the new number they gave me, and the poor lady had no idea what was going on and why I was told to call her. I have had my bank close my account and open a new one for me, and I am resolved to eating the over charges, but I will never, ever utilize Enterprise again. I would rather walk first.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We rented a van from Enterprise in Temecula for the entire week (Saturday to Saturday) at a cost of about $284 including taxes, plus $100 deposit. That Tuesday, the vehicle started leaking fluid so my husband dropped it off at the nearest Enterprise (Ontario Airport). The previous day, just after a hard rain, my husband had been driving in a rural area on a dirt road, which collapsed on him, and he believes he may have struck a rock on the undersurface of the vehicle, although at the time the vehicle seemed okay.

In any case, there were also scratches from that incident, and we filed a claim with our insurance carrier, and Enterprise had him pay $500 for the deductible. We were expecting to get the $100 deposit back and credit for the days the vehicle wasn't used, but Enterprise instead said that because we didn't have it for the whole week we would be charged the individual day rate instead of the rate we had for the week. So they charged us $308 for the few days we had the rental (even though I discussed this with them over and over on the phone, I still can't understand why it was so much more for about half the time). Anyhow, it was a clever maneuvering on their part to make sure they got to eat our security deposit. Liars and thieves. I will NEVER do business with them in the future.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

On 1/3/19 we rented from this location for the second time. Just like the first time it was easy and quick to make the reservation and pick up the car. The agent was very friendly and helpful and very thorough as we looked the car over for prior damage, and then asked if I wanted to prepay for my gas at $2.10 a gallon, explaining that I would not have to stop to fill the car before returning it. I agreed to that and noted that she said it has 11 gallons in it, but that was all she said about it. When we paid for the rental she explained that there was a $250 deposit that should be back in my account 24-48 hours after we returned the car. It would take that long because it was a debit card. Most of the deposit was returned to my bank account on 1/9/19, but I did not get $24.97 back.

I emailed to find out why I was charged that much, and yesterday 1/14/19 I got a phone call from a customer service rep who tried a couple of times to convince me that it had been explained to me when I rented the car that I was in effect paying for the full tank of gas that was in the car when I picked it up. I asked him if he thought I would have agreed to buy the entire tank if that had indeed been explained to me when I knew I'd be driving the car less than 120 miles in total. It turned out to my satisfaction, however, because after a few minutes he offered me a refund. We agreed on an amount and apparently the refund will be back in my account tonight or tomorrow. Overall, my experience with Enterprise has been positive and I would rent from them again... and now that the prepaid policy has been explained to me, I will not prepay if I won't be going very far.

Enterprise Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.

• Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.

• Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.

• Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.

• Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information

1957
600 Corporate Park Dr
St. Louis
MO
www.enterprise.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.