Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.08/5
Based on 2,035 ratings submitted in the last year

Enterprise Rent A Car Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I recently rented a vehicle from Enterprise. From picking up the car to dropping it off I had a wonderful experience with this company. I picked up my car in Washington and drove it down to California. With my luck, I got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere in the mountains in California. I called the roadside coverage folks and although there was an issue with my contract both them and the office I picked the car up from worked together (instead of me having to bounce back and forth playing phone tag) to fix the errors to that way I could get the roadside assistance. The roadside assistance crew was amazing and got there pretty quick considering I was about 45 min from the nearest city and they were nice.

After all the bad luck I had on my road trip I decided to turn in my car somewhere other than where I picked it up from which wasn't part of my contract, but both offices were super friendly and helped out and made me aware of all of my options so that way I wouldn't be unknowingly eating any unexpected costs. I fully expected to pay the days I said I was going to have the car because that is what I signed up for, but I ended up getting refunded the days I had remaining. To some of you, that might seem like a silly thing to be excited for, but I cannot count the number of times I had to eat a cost like that. Even though the driving part of my road trip was a bust (at no fault to Enterprise), Enterprise helped make sure I was taken care of.

While I'm sure that all of the Entertprise Rent A Car offices are stellar, I wanted to shout out to the offices in Puyallup WA and Redding CA as well as the RAP folks. Every person in those three offices were stellar, friendly, professional, basically all the positive words you can think of. While I don't see myself road-tripping anytime in the near future, if I have to do it again I will definitely be using Enterprise and I encourage others to do the same.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Allison, thanks for taking the time to share the story of your rental experience with us! It's great to hear you received such great service. We look forward to seeing you next time. –Carol H.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I had recently suffered a death in my family and had to rent a Ford F150 to go home. I had the truck for over 28 days and didn't realize that my discounts were not being applied during the period I was renting. Upon return I had to go to the desk to square things away. This is where I met Enterprise rental Team member extraordinaire "Jayla". I explained my concerns to Jayla and she immediately went to work on my behalf and with a Managers approval she reduced my bill and helped me to roll over into another Ford truck. Jayla spent several minutes working out my entire issue and presented A-1 customer service to me as well. She showed an equal concern as to my situation and my recent loss... Professionalism, Customer care and Compassion are just a few of the words that come to my mind as I reflect on this visit to her counter. Enterprise continues to be my First choice rental agency. I commend Jayla on her her work ethic. She has Enterprise Brand Appeal!!

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Marshall, I am happy to pass your comments and compliments along to our upper management team in Atlanta. For your records my Incident ID is: 33760555. We look forward to seeing you again soon! - Carol H.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2019

What a wonderful and truly exceptional employee you have in Ms Rosie **. My experience was excellent, I actually didn’t rent the car from the Rio Grande, NJ store, but instead was provided a service loaner from Mercedes-Benz of Atlantic City. I was driving to Cape May to for a meeting when I realized the vehicle I was driving (Mercedes GLC 300), had a warning light on the dash on and a beeping noise.

I stopped at the Rio Grande Enterprise for assistances and met with Ms. **. The store was busy and she seemed to be the only one working. I wait only a minute or so and she greeted me. I employ over 100 people and her ability to control the activities going on around her was superior to most. I would like to thank her and Enterprise for the great customer service. FYI. She removed my overweight briefcase from the front passenger seat and the light and beeping stop, I laughed, who knew that the car was trying to tell me to seatbelt my briefcase in.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I was nervous about hiring a car from Heathrow for 13 days and spent weeks researching online and reading reviews. I decided upon Enterprise as they gave me the best price for a small SUV. I was nervous for no reason as the entire experience with Enterprise was fantastic!! My mother and I were picked up from our terminal by the shuttle van. Within 10 mins we were dropped off at the Enterprise office, a lovely young lady had taken my details and asked me to take a seat, another lady took us out to show us the car and all I had to do was sign for it (I had already paid online). The Hyundai Tucson was in perfect condition, only 3 months old and very clean with a full tank of fuel. A few minutes later I was driving out of the airport! I was able to pick up my agreement at the gate as I drove out, but they had also emailed me a copy.

We loved the car - it had a spare tyre, free GPS and was great to drive around the UK. On our return 13 days later, Google Maps easily directed us back to the Enterprise office with returns entrance on the left. We parked the car, removed our bags and within minutes were shuttled back to the Heathrow terminal. Our small holding deposit we had to pay on the car was refunded to my credit card within 24 hours. The entire process couldn't have been easier!! I can't recommend Enterprise Rent-a-car high enough. I'd read a number of negative reviews about them (and all other rental companies), but from my experience I struggle to believe they were completely true!! If I do ever go to the UK in the future I won't hesitate to use them again.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Rented from Enterprise's TF Green Airport location this past weekend in Warwick, RI and I had a great experience from start to finish. Check-in at the counter was a breeze and the gentleman assisting me was very helpful considering this was my first time. When I went upstairs to pick up the car, Brian showed me all the cars available at the time and explained the insurance options in detail, which eased my mind. It was a good pay-week so I was happy to upgrade and there was totally no pressure at all. I'm so glad I did though as the luxury car served me much better on the trip (in terms of comfort and performance) than the car I initially booked, so that made the overall experience a lot better.

Brian was super kind to help me through the Bluetooth pairing setup and get me all squared away with the car. During my trip there were no issues at all. The car was flawless. When returning the vehicle it was just as smooth as when I picked it up. Dean helped me get my bags out of the car and was a pleasant/smooth guy to work with after such a long, tiring drive. Everything went better than I expected it to go and I can't wait to rent from this location again. Very helpful staff all around from counter to pick up to drop off, great vehicles, reasonable prices and very respectful of time. Overall 5 Star experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: March 27, 2020

I can't thank Enterprise enough for allowing my son (19) to rent a car to come home when his college closed its campus due to Covid-19. We were terrified at the thought of putting him on a plane in New York to come home to Florida and your company helped us avoid that risk. The staff at both the pick-up and drop-off locations were fantastic and the woman who took my initial reservation was so kind and reassuring. Lowering the age limit, waiving the fees, etc. coupled with the caring customer service was tremendous and invaluable. Again, I cannot thank you enough for helping get our son home safely. You took some of the stress out of a very scary situation for our family.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 25, 2020

After one of their rented vehicles hit me, possibly totaling my car, they are not responding to my calls or emails. They just keep giving me the run around as I continue to pay for a rental car and my car payment. I have not received a call from them, but, I have made 20 to them. I realize we are in a pandemic, but they are continuing to rent cars, just not finding time to call me. I am not trying to be unrealistic, but, really....Not even a call to acknowledge the situation.?

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Dolores, thank you for your comments.This team is happy to help put you in touch with a manager who can assist you. Please email care@enterprise.com with your full name, contact telephone number, email address, the exact location of the accident, time and date, any claims and police report numbers so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: March 23, 2020

First, I want people considering to rent a car to understand that making reservations through third parties can be stressful and deceptive. I used a third party for my reservation, and I purchased an auto insurance through the third party. When I went to Enterprise, I was told that Enterprise does not accept those third auto party insurance that I purchased online. Therefore, I needed to purchase their insurance or put the car on my personal auto insurance. It ended up that I spent almost 3 times the price of the insurance that I purchased from the third party and needed to cancel the third party’s insurance before moving from the yard. In summary, I spent more in terms of money and time, which was beyond my budget.

Second, the employee at Enterprise was really rude to me. Unfortunately, I rented the car during the Covid-19 season. My expectation was that if the employees don’t want clients to enter into their buildings, then they needed to stand outside their building to meet the customers. That wasn’t the case for me. I didn’t find any employee outside their building to serve me. When I entered their building, one employee shouted at me as if I was a thief. Or to put it in a better way, he behaved as if he had a proof that I was tested positive of Covid-19 and was coming to spread to them.

He expected me to stop and search for notices about Covid-19, printed in 12 font size, before entering the building. Meanwhile, he didn’t cover his mouth with a mask and spoke directly to me face-to-face and was not brief in anything that he said. I would minimize my interaction with people if I’m scared of such people. Right away, I was like yep, I’m done with Enterprise and no more renting from this company.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Samuel, we'd like the chance to address this with you directly. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I rented an intermediate SUV on 1/7/20 to be picked up at the Fort Myers Metro Parkway location on 3/13/20 and taken back 3/21/20. I arrived and was given a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Pickup went smoothly and if I would base my entire experience on the pickup the rating would have been 5 stars. However, everything was downhill from there. I was vacationing in sunny Florida….three days into vacation on the morning of Monday 3/16 I get a call from Chris at the Enterprise location I picked up my car from. They had sold the vehicle I was driving and needed me to bring it back and exchange it. I’m in Siesta Key over an hour away. I don’t want to drive down there to exchange something that I shouldn’t need to bring back for another 5 days plus take the time out of my vacation. He told me to take it to any location in Sarasota and they would help me and it should only take 5 minutes. I think this is ridiculous but whatever.

I take it to the closest Enterprise location to me on Tamiami Trail in Sarasota. The Cherokee I was initially given had a sunroof so I wanted another with a sunroof and it was given to me with ¼ tank of gas. I had just filled the tank so I took it back with a full tank of gas. I get there and they have no SUVs. The only thing with a sunroof is an Impala – no thank you. So they give me a 2019 Chevy Camaro convertible. My luggage going back was barely going to fit in it and it only had ¾ tank of gas. The lady said she would note that on my account and to take the car back with the original ¼ tank I started with. So I think I’m good for the rest of my vacation. I was inconvenienced for an hour. It’s going to be ok. Wrong.

Two days later on Wednesday 3/18 I get another call from Chris at the Fort Myers location. This car has also been sold! WHAT!?!? What happened to I’ve rented a vehicle from a certain date to a certain date. Either don’t sell that vehicle until it is actually available for the buyer to pick up or tell the buyer it is currently being rented and will be back on this certain date for pickup. Why is it my problem that Enterprise sold a car that wasn’t in their possession at that current time??? So AGAIN I have to take time out of my vacation to go exchange vehicles. I went to the Enterprise location on N Washington Blvd this time since the time before the other didn’t have an SUV. This time they had nothing to give me.

The manager was extremely rude and said that my original location should be taking care of their own customers and problems and not sending them to him. Wait, what?? Aren’t I a customer of Enterprise – all of Enterprise not just one particular one so that anywhere I went sound have been happy to lend a helping hand?? As I’m standing there waiting to see what my next move was going to have to be another lady came for her rental. They didn’t have what she had originally rented. He was going to offer her a Nissan Rogue but then realized he had just told me he had no SUVs so he back tracked and said, "No I can’t do that." So I’m standing there taking more time out of my vacation when he did in-fact have a vehicle for me. He then calls Chris at the Fort Myers location and tells him he has no vehicle for me there and to find me one around Sarasota so I could trade vehicles again without more of an inconvenience.

Waited awhile and no one called me. I didn’t want to go to the beach just to get out there and get the call and have to leave. So I decided I could drive down to the Fort Myers location since I was their customer and not just an Enterprise customer. I called to make sure they’d have an SUV for me when I got there. I was told yes but they didn’t want to have to inconvenience me. You already did two days ago on Monday when I had to do this the first time! I just want this over with. I get down there. I saw the manager, Chris, outside as I walked in. He didn’t even come up to apologize for this happening not once but twice. He ignored me and let one of the workers handle it. I was given this time a Kia Sportage with scratches all over it. You talk about downgrading each time I had to exchange. The key fob’s button for the back hatch opening up didn’t even work.

They tried to charge me for a refueling fee since I brought the Camaro back with the original ¼ tank and the lady had only noted I left with ¾ of a tank – conveniently leaving out the part where the Jeep was brought back full. I had originally purchased Sirius radio. The guy said well this Kia isn’t equipped with that. By this time I was tired of spending my vacation at rental facilities so I asked him to reimburse what I didn’t use of that fee. After I left I stopped at a gas station and happen to notice on the window of the Kia that it clearly said Sirius radio equipped on the car. So not sure where he got that it wasn’t equipped plus I haven’t been reimbursed for that so far. I will never rent from Enterprise again!

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Tisha, we're happy to speak with you about this directly. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: March 18, 2020

The lack of communication baffled me. Liberty Mutual insurance gave me a discounted rate after a car accident. 24.00 a day. They give me a reservation in Greenbrook but I live in Hillsborough. I'm told by phone that my economy car will be ready in Hillsborough on Weds morning. Weekly rate is 123.00. This was Saturday so 3 plus days until I can get my rental, and their "week" is Wednesday thru Saturday.

I go to Hillsborough office Wednesday morning 8 am. I'm told my Visa card with Renter's insurance is not eligible for that benefit because I'm getting a "discounted rate". The car needs to be returned by Saturday morning 8am. So I have the car Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Return it at 7 45 am Saturday morning. They don't open until 9 on Saturday and I really wanted someone working there to witness I didn't damage the car since I did not pay the extra money for rental damage insurance.

I left the keys in the drop box when someone working there showed up at 8. She had an attitude when I asked her to look at the car parked in the back to prove no damages done. I also took a picture of the gas gauge. 1/8 under a half tank. I gave them more gas back because I went over the half tank mark. I went on Priceline and saw I could get a rental car for 14 a day, not economy, but a bigger mid sized car. Never again Enterprise. Never again. Why a 4 day charge when you only have the car for 3 days?

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Susan, our locations do their very best to take care of all customers in a timely fashion. We would be happy to discuss your experience further. To do so, please email us at care@enterprise.com include your reservation & rental agreement numbers, your contact information, full name on the rental agreement, and any additional details regarding your concerns. Thank you. – Carol H.

Enterprise Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1957, Enterprise has more than 7,000 locations across Europe and North America.

• Free customer pickup: While it has locations at most airports, Enterprise also offers to pick up its rental car customers at no extra charge, saving renters the cost of cabs or shuttle services.

• Online reservations: Book a rental car online in just a few minutes using the interactive form on the Enterprise website or app. Automatically generated confirmations make it easy to verify and alter reservations any time Enterprise is open.

• Business rental program: Businesses can offer employee discounts or negotiate flat-rate costs through the Enterprise Business Rental Program. Enterprise helps employers save on reimbursement with a quick calculator to determine the expenses of reimbursement versus rental costs.

• Long-term rentals: The Month-or-More Rental plan is an option for temporary reassignments or while waiting for an employee vehicle.

• Many makes and models: Enterprise offers more than two-dozen categories of vehicles, including everything from economy cars to 15-passenger vans.

• Discounts: Weekend specials, a points program and email offers can lower your rental costs.

• Car and Ride Sharing: Mint Cars On-Demand is a convenient program that is needed for short-term rentals of a variety of vehicles 24/7. Enterprise Rideshare connects groups of five or more riders wanting to save time and money while reducing stress on the way to work. Riders can choose how to get to their destination in a newer van, crossover or SUV.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, event planners, temporary workers, those with cars in repair, those who want a wide selection of vehicles and those who don’t own cars.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information