3.9/5 (560 ratings)

About Extended Stay America

Extended Stay America Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The staff was very friendly in Springfield Illinois. The hotel was clean and neat. I never met a manager so kind as Ben **. He was so humble and polite. He made my son’s birthday. He just don’t know he got his self a customer for life. I’m very thankful for the way me and my family was treated.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Highly recommended! I travel for business often. My stay was very pleasant and required a last minute extension. The general manager “Maggie **” accommodated and processed my extended stay immediately, seamlessly, and stress free! Truly a home away from home! Thank you Maggie!

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I love the great service that your employees give at The Extended Stay America at 1225 Lakeview Drive, Romeoville Bolingbrook. Their names are **. They make a great team and they all do a fantastic job cleaning, making sure coffee and all breakfast is ready. They make sure guest are well taken cared of in every way. I'm staying in room 309 and my name is Kenneth **. Please keep these wonderful employees. Thank you.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I have been staying at Extended Stay America for more than 3 months, everyone has been great, the maintenance man Brandon has been great, he has taken care all our problems without room. I would recommend this place.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

What can I say it's just perfect every time. I am a handicapped individual and the staff could not be more kind and helpful above and beyond what you would expect. As a crippled guy who only gets to go out like once a month it's just perfect. Many many thanks as always.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I, my daughter, and a small terrier mix dog stayed at the Extended Stay in Lakewood Colorado for a little over 2wks. It was good and I was treated very well. I checked out early, before a month had passed. Since I had gotten the room for a month, it was a different price. I paid the difference of approx $130.00. It was late in the afternoon and past check out time. My daughter was cleaning the room, because all the housekeeping employees were gone. Billy, who ran the front desk, said it was OK, as long as I gave him a 5 star review on the website. I said okay. I gave the hotel a great review, we had No problems previously, (that I was aware of)

I booked another reservation about 2 months later. My sister made the reservation in her name. I didn't have my debit card at the time. I had a fraudulent charge on it from La Quinta Hotel. Who was withholding $1,300 on my debit card and Also a charge of $1,200. They denied was even them. So anyway, we checked in and the reservation was 1 night in a king bedroom. And a room with 2 beds for the rest of 2 weeks. They did not have our double till the next day. So around checkout time the next morning, there was pounding on the door. It was the front desk employee and she said we needed to get out of the room within the hour. I explained we had another reservation. She stated, "No you don't." She said it was cancelled by the Manager, Haily, who said we were not to be able to stay and had told the manager the night before not to rent us a room.. I was dumbfounded and asked why? She said talk to Hailey.

I was going to go to the office and talk to her, when her and Billy, came to the door and said, "You need to get out NOW. You are not allowed to stay here." When I tried to find out why, it was, "You have another person, and Dogs, that you didn't claim." I explained about my sister making the reservation.. Anyway Billy said, and all the other problems we had before. I wanted to know what problems? Hailey said, late check out. I told her about my daughter cleaning the room and Billy was okay with it about the 5 star review. I said can you just listen to me. Hailey said to quit raising my voice at her or she was going to call the Police.. For What?? They would not discuss anything with me, and Billy was denying everything about when we checked out the last time.

These reservations were already paid for. We were kicked out, they kept coming back to the room and saying, leave. We were packing as fast as we could. I was trying to tell them that, we were both very sick. It was cold out, and we had nowhere to go to check in until 3:00. My daughter is in intensive care, at the hospital now.. With pneumococcal pneumonia, parainfluenza type 4 and sepsis. Her condition is really guarded right now, because it is very serious and she could die. I have never been treated like that before in my whole Life. I use to travel (I showed Dogs as a professional handler), I stayed at hotels all over the United States, never ever been treated like a piece of dirt. I am going through identity theft and hacked accounts online. So mostly paying with Cash. I hope this review can help some other bewildered person who gets the same treatment. Sincerely Corrinne **

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Do not waste your money with Priceline. They just want a sale and have very poor customer service. I work for a major hotel chain and was told never to use third party reservations. Now I know why. I complained about the Extended Stay hotel in Ogden Utah. This place is run like a shelter. You get no sleep. It is not clean, lacking Annemarie’s. After 3pm no front desk person. People slam doors all night. Priceline should come with the buyer beware label.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

This hotel was nasty and very rude. I had 2 nights scheduled and because I didn't want the extra night she was mad and didn't want to issue my refund. I will never stay at this location. Talking about new this hotel is run down.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Absolutely do not pay for your booking ahead of time. They canceled my reservation with no refund. Why would I want to cancel it if I wasn’t getting my money back? Said it could take days to reinstate my booking while I was in the phone with them the day of the booking. Will never use this company again. Policy is such a scam. Companies should be rewarding people for paying ahead of time. Not stealing their money and cancelling their reservation with no way to get it back.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Checked on Aug 4 to room 209. Complained of getting bitten by bed bugs. Now if you was bitten before you know the feeling. Plus you could the fresh blood on the sheets near the front of the bed where they go hide after they bite you. Kept complaining. If you’re allergic to them you will feel when they bite. It’s a sting and then it itches extremely bad. Complained again on Aug 6th. Was moved again to room 223. Was bitten again. This time we even found a bug in the bathroom sink and when I called and spoke to corporate they told me they can’t get in there. Mistakenly wrong.. Yes they can. Pictures don’t lie. I was bitten all over my face and neck and arms and so was my daughter and 2 year old grandson and we had him leave to go stay elsewhere because it’s very good uncomfortable after you're bitten. Finally on the 9th was moved to rm 326. And was fine from there. So 5 days we was getting bitten.

They said they would have a outside company come check the rooms and upon their review the rooms had no bedbugs which I highly disagree. I showed them over 10 pics. Including the actual bed bug in the room and the declined to do nothing. No reimbursement or anything. I called corporate and they basically are going by what the outside concluded. But this is not sitting well with me. I paid over 1000 for those days and I need to be compensated for something. They offered nothing to me. I don’t recommend them at all.

I’m still trying to contact someone higher than whom I spoke to which was the district manager and the manager with the insurance company because if it was them I’m sure they would not easily just let this go and accept that they are dismissing the claim due to the outside company finding nothing. There’s no way we were moved from two rooms and they found nothing. I stayed at the Hilton and had no issues but I go to Extended stay and I get bit up. I will keep this review updated.

Extended Stay America Company Information