3.52/5

402 Extended Stay America Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 23, 2019

I stayed at Extended Stay America in Red Bank for 9 days and it was great! This is not a fancy place, but more of a cozy, warm place with everything you need to settle in and do your thing. First, the staff is fantastic! Thank you Donnie and Nadine! Both wonderful people that made me feel at home. The room was spacious, bed large & firm, kitchen spacious with fridge, stove, microwave and sink, good heater with thermostat, nice big windows that open, good size flat screen TV, several lamps and 2 comfortable tables for eating and work. Even an easy chair you can relax in. They don't fill the room with stuff. Instead they give you a list and you just ask for what you want at the desk (glasses, toothpaste, full set of dishes, towels, etc.). I like this much better than frills I don't need that come with a heavy price. This hotel is very reasonable, the longer you stay the cheaper it is. Highly recommend!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I had the best experience with the front desk staff members at the Extended Stay in Arcadia, CA. Patty was very pleasant and attentive to what I was saying about my experience. I had stayed in other Extended Stay America, so there were certain amenities I looked for. Patty listened and assured me that the hotel was undergoing renovations and if I revisit in the future, I would not be disappointed. I believed her and told her I would definitely come back. The GM (Theresa) was so nice and accommodating. I look forward to my next trip to Arcadia, California and staying at the Extended Stay America.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I am a long time visitor at this hotel and I have got to say everyday feels like the first! The hotel manager and all her staff make sure I have everything I need from clean towels and sheets to dish washing fluid. Every time I see any of the staff they always say hello or ask me how my day has been! They make me feel like part of the family here at The Extended Stay America-Baton Rouge Citiplace!

Original review: July 20, 2018

We stayed at an extended Stay America motel in Rock Hill SC at 1835 Canterbury Glen Ln. Was one of the nicest motels on our trip. The staff at the desk, both check in and check out were outstanding. Polite, friendly and helpful! I have managed motels in the past and I would hire the two ladies I had contact within a heartbeat! The room was clean, really clean! Pleasant and had everything we needed. I would highly recommend anyone staying in Rock Hill SC check this motel out.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Horrible exp. I arrived at the front desk to register and there was a line of people trying to check in while the front desk person was getting pots for other guest. The next day I woke up to use the restroom and realized the toilet was dirty, literally! I went downstairs to get coffee; no cups and no food. After I requested pots and pans and to have my bathroom thoroughly clean I came home later in the bathroom was still dirty. No pots and pans!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?

Original review: May 14, 2019

Checked in the hotel at city view. In the beginning the staff was very friendly, but as I stayed you could see a change... Ok first let me note the building smells horrible. The cleaning ladies were all Hispanic with nasty attitudes that kept walking in our room, notified front desk. They didn’t do anything about it. You can’t get clean linen or towels after 11, so if you work you're stuck. The housekeepers won’t give you linen off the cart because they don’t wanna have to restock it. Rooms are filthy. If you stay it’s a must that you bring your own linen and cleaning products. The lady at the front desk was very wispy washy first saying that they could not take our cards for payment no longer so they knew we would have to leave because of the payment situation, but when I spoke with her it was something totally different, now she said we have to leave because our room is very trashy, really.

I’ve never been nasty and never will be but how would they know if my room was trashy or not if they didn’t go rambling in there every time we leave also the tub water didn’t drain bathroom smell of sewage.... By the way I’m **, don’t think we were wanted there for a long period of time... IN MY OPINION THEY SHOULD HAVE PAID ME TO LIVE IN THIS TRASHY ENVIRONMENT. Any visitors coming need to go to the Southwest one so much more cleaner. This building needs to be close by the city. Oh yeah and by the way I have the photos of what’s I pulled out the tub.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Please do not ever stay at this hotel company. They lie and steal your money. I was told I could cancel within 24 hrs which I did try and was told no. It escalated to corporate with no change. Employees on the front line at the hotel said it was not an issue up until they tried themselves. We are now paying about $330.00 Canadian for 2 nights and we will not even see the hotel. This company is only about making money. Customers are not right and they will not help nor do they have a heart. Corporate bullies, you are better off to stay in your car or a tent instead of spending your hard earned money at this hotel.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Booked 3 months in Kennesaw Ga location. To qualify for reduced rate, you have to pay monthly in advance and no refund clause is used. We lost our contract 5 weeks into the job. I paid the second month in advance ($1,495) at the beginning of the 5th week. Despite my offering to supply documentation that we no longer had a job there and offering to pay the regular rate for the week I stayed, or my request to keep the balance and use it toward a future stay, the hotel manager and customer experience agent were not interested in refunding the remaining 3 weeks.

Essentially I was told, "too bad". I have many many other guys who travel around with me who stay at hotels and have assured me they will stay away from ESA from now on. They could have easily refunded my prepayment and kept me as a future client but made the decision to keep the payment and of course, I'm sure they rebooked the room as well to make double the normal rate they would've made had I stayed there. Never again~. So potential travelers, keep in mind, if you book with this chain and for some reason you have to cut your stay short, kiss your money goodbye.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Extended Stay America, Lackland Road, Maryland Heights, MO. With the exception of the general manager, the employees at this hotel are friendly and helpful. However, should you choose to stay here and find yourself being harassed by an unregistered guest from another room, don't waste time taking your problem to the general manager. He'll tell you that he doesn't want to hear it. Should you insist that he does hear it, he will kick YOU out, and call the police on YOU before you can even pack. Additionally, he won't refund you what you are owed.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Small issues - No washcloths in the room, toilet had to be flushed twice to get the desired result, couldn't open the window and promised maintenance help still hadn't shown up 24 hours later when we checked out. BIG ISSUE - During a recent stay at the Fremont-Newark Extended Stay our credit card number was stolen. Either they had a dishonest employee or there was a scanner on their machine. I made numerous calls trying to reach the manager to report what had happened and was told over and over again that the manager wasn't available.

When I finally reached the person who said he was the manager, he insisted that no one could have stolen my card. I told him I had the card and it was the number that was stolen. He kept interrupting me and when I said "would you please let me finish" he hung up on me! Never got the chance to suggest that he check their machine for a scanner. And, YES, I tried notifying their corporate office but couldn't reach a warm body.

Original review: April 12, 2019

No coffee in the morning, broken machine. Dirty. Broken faucet. Was smelling cigarettes. They clean a room once a week so you have to use the same towel for a week. Terrible experience. I will never stay in this hotel again.

Original review: April 1, 2019

They took 625 from my account because they say they found a cig butt on the window pane in their SMOKE FREE facility. It was smoked out in the halls and I don't smoke, never have. The lining was dirty and bathroom also. There was a lot of traffic on the back of the hotel. I did not stay overnight. I was too afraid.

Original review: March 27, 2019

The place was ok, could have been cleaner and better maintained. When I arrived only the lobby smelled nice, the rest of the hotel smelled like weed and cigarettes smell was being piped into the ventilation system. People were loitering outside all hours of the night, kinda freaked me out. I was staying here due to my house being fumigated with a pet and I am a local in North County San Diego & Carlsbad is usually safe and a great area. I was disappointed that the beds stated they were queen size when I would of bet they were double beds.

The kitchen was not equipped, it was only if you went to the front desk and asked for items would they be provided. The kitchen had rusted out electric burners, you would think these would be replaced as I would be afraid that I would need a tetanus shot if I cooked anything on them. The tub was sprayed with an epoxy you would find in a high end garage flooring so it was like fiberglass under your feet. And the shower head trickled water out so the shower took twice as long. I would NOT recommend staying here and would NOT stay here again under any circumstances.

Original review: March 18, 2019

This is the Motel in Boca Rotan. First off they didn't have our room that we reserved so they gave us a different room but it was already occupied. They finally came up with one and it stunk of mold and musty. The AC didn't work unless it was turned down all the way to 60 degrees. Microwave didn't work. They don’t come equipped with plates, cups, silverware etc. I went to throw garbage in the trash can and there was a used ** bottle in it... Never again and I will tell everyone I know to never to stay at any off these motels.

Original review: March 11, 2019

The property is in disrepair, the rooms are dirty, and have bugs. My chair was broken, the TV barely functioned, and there was no guide. I am relocating for a great position at Northside Hospital and arrived back after a 12 hour shift to find my room dirty and the bed unmade. The kid at the front desk thought it was funny and insisted my room had been checked off as being serviced. The shower head is broken and keeps sliding down, reminding me of a creepy movie where the manager uses that hole to film women in the shower. You have to beg for towels, soap, and even toilet paper. The only convenience is the shopping center in the front. I would love to post on the hospital bulletin board for all 9000+ employees at Northside to NEVER recommend this place.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Room not up to par - Exterior refrigerator room 254 covered with dust. Was moved to room 371 which had rust on refrigerator as well small ants on counter near micro3. Reported incidences to Extended Stay but Priceline would not refund money. Will be filing complaint with Extended Stay and Priceline. Shame on you both.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Booked hotel, asked to move date up by one day after booking 48 hrs earlier. We booked a month and a half in advance!!! They would not cooperate. I will never use Extended Stay America again. After using them repeatedly on our travels.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I had a little mix up with housing. The general manager called me after I contacted customer service twice, told me I was lying that from general manager yet she never got off her butt to come to the room to check. I was there January 6 to February 1 2019 lot of money. I'm moving into my new home Friday he even told me I couldn't stay. 63 years old disabled support dog. Ha! Welcome to Peoria. Ladies that clean very nice but only every 7 day or pay. That's ok dont mind cleaning. Customer service would not talk to me nor would his boss.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. It was the one on Gainsville, Florida. I’ve stayed there before and that time was ok. But this time was the worst. I was an hour and a half late checking out but informed them I was just waiting for my uncle to book me another night online. The lady there was the rudest - she was rushing and rushing me. I was waiting at the front desk because my uncle was in the process of making the reservation and all of a sudden she said, “well we can’t give you the room now” out of nowhere he was almost done making it. Then she continued to treat me like a criminal and talked down to me. She is an awful person.

I asked to speak to the manager and there is no manager there. She wasn’t even going to call him. She did call finally and he was externally rude as well and refused to work with me. He said they had the right to refuse anyone. Which I get, but they continued to treat me like I did something wrong. Mind you, I paid for 8 nights there, over 500 bucks and the one day I just needed a bit to pay for another night they treated me like this. She even threatened to call the cops on me. This place is a joke. They should be ashamed of themselves and their staff. I’ve never been treated this horrible at a hotel in my life. Even staff members at motels are nicer than these animals. I’m doing everything in my power now to make complaints wherever I can. Now I’m worried if they will even give me my 100 buck deposit back. What a nightmare of a day or was. I’m absolutely disgusted.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Something is seriously wrong with their hotel booking system. Don't be surprised if you book a hotel and they tell you that they can't find your reservation when you arrive at their property. They will tell you it is your fault for coming to the wrong location and would do nothing about it. A motel is better than this - at least when you book a room you can *actually* have it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The room was not clean. Not enough pillows or towels. They have a continental breakfast but it not a breakfast. It’s a snack muffins oatmeal and coffee I called front desk like 3 times and they couldn’t do much on things I was requesting. Beds are hard and not comfortable.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have stayed at the ESA 50th Street location for year and a half. Through numerous managers, and the latest Dawn **, is rude. She knows I was a repeat guest yet chose to ignore me last time I stayed, and saw me 3 times. Unprofessional at best. I also could see out of my room #225 all of the employees and the manager smoking in the parking lot leaving front desk deserted. Guests couldn't check in and had to wait till they were done smoking out back, how rude.

This is a list of what I have seen and experienced with the rooms: missing towels, no toilet paper, nonworking lamps, AC not working, leaking fridges, windows won't shut, food left in microwaves, holes in walls, no hangers for clothes, garbage in hallways, terrible odors in rooms, cigarettes all over property as well as dog poop, and a pimp was asking if people wanted a hook up. Just gross, and this ESA needs a clean up and new management that actually cares about the state of the rooms and their guests, as now they clearly do not care. I will never stay again, they lost my business.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I rented a hotel room for three days for my daughter at Extended Stay hotel in Metairie Louisiana. Three days after her check out day, I noticed in my bank account transaction a hotel charge for $250 extra on top of the room rate I paid for my daughter stay at the hotel. I called the front desk and inquired about the $250 charge on my invoice, she claimed that my daughter was charged a penalty because she was smoking in her room. Their evidence was that the cleaning lady found cigarette butts in the trash can and they took pictures as evidence. My daughter never drank or smoked in her life. So I asked them for any evidence whether video recording or photos of my daughter smoking.

I contacted corporate and they got back to me saying they were going to find out more about the incident over the weekend and that was many weekends ago. I haven't heard anything from them at all. Please never pay your hotel stay with your debit card at all, always use Credit cards. I sure learned my lesson too late because I will never see my stolen $250 never again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I’ll never stay here again. I stayed several times this month and I seen a promo code online for up to 40% off your stay. I called the 800 number to book my room today and they told me it has expired on December 31st. But yet it was still on their website and no exp. date. And the supervisor that I spoke to was not willing to help or honor it. He said, "Oh well. Nothing I can do about it." Poor customer service. Give it a 1 star.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I cannot find any expression to express this dirty hotel. It doesn’t worth any star. This is my third day and you solve it. I was supposed review last night and I was talking about a lot of stuff but today again I was sleeping at midnight I feel something in my body. It was a bug.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I was here yesterday. I came from my job. My friend he reserve me this hotel. When I get there I didn’t look at it. I was just dropping my stuff. I run out to get The rest of what I need, because my friend is rushing to go back home. He wants to take me to Walmart to get the stuff that I need for the six days. When I come back my friend drop me off And he goes back home. When I start looking at the room I found a lot of stuff it’s not right. The pillow has blood on it, I don’t know where they came from. I have to wipe the tables to put my stuff on.

I was sitting in my bed And I feel something coming in my foot. When I move it I find there is a cockroach. I took a picture and then I went to the Lobby. When I told them what happened the manager hey says, "We gonna move you to another room." The manager he didn't say sorry for nothing. He just say, "We can move you to another room." This hotel in Nashville Tennessee. I forget. Does it to say the microwave where is dirty. Don’t reserve this hotel on the phone. Come and look at it first before you pay. That’s all your money you just put in trash.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I have stayed there on a off through the years. This last time I was staying there longer than usual and going through a tough time. I moved in September and had intentions staying through the holidays. In November I had to pay every 2 days just trying to make ends meet. From the time I moved in till November I had been paying 7-10 days at a time. I was at work and I call to make an arrangement to pay when I got off work. The manager said no and I had to be there by 11 am to pay or check out. I explained to him that I had been really sick through the year and if I left work early I would be fired.

He didn't care. So I had to leave my job to gather all my things and move out. I had a good job in a Drs office. I was fired and had nowhere to go. He kept knocking on the door wanting me to hurry getting my 2.5 months of belongings out and was talking about me with other residents and employees. That was the worst experience. As well as embarrassing and I was jobless. The only one who showed compassion and was very professional was the assistant manager Genna.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Terrible atmosphere, room was just bearable, sheets were terrible and food was breakfast bars and coffee which was terrible. Service was decent but didn’t need anything from the front desk. Staff was courteous and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

To start with, there are THREE locations titled Auburn Hills Extended Stay America. So make sure to double check which location you are reserving with. My stay with the location on University Drive was fantastic. When I tried to return later in the week, my booking had been made at the location on Dorris Road. This was already an inconvenience, and in approaching the new location, it was definitely not the same quality hotel. Staff was fine. My hotel neighbors had many children that you could hear crying, yelling, and stomping through the walls.

Front desk did resolve this for the most part. The room was dingy, but I thought it was fine, until... I returned from my two-night stay here and started developing bumps on my arms later that evening. BED BUGS! Now, I have to disinfect everything I brought to that room and have about 20 large, itchy bites all over my body. I called the hotel to complain. They said they would look into it and call me back, I bet that is the last I hear from them. Very dissatisfied with the Extended Stay-Auburn Hills-DORRIS RD hotel, and I repeat, BED BUGS are here!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I reserved the room directly from their website, I paid all the 15 nights in advance. The check in day unfortunately my flight was canceled, I called the office desk to notify that I would arrive one day later. When I arrived in hotel, the attendant told me that my reservation was canceled and I lose my money (more than 700$) because they policy is that if you call after the 6pm to report you are late, your reservation is cancelled and you lose your money, I explained at the attendant that I was in Europe and I called as soon as I knew my flight was canceled, but with time zone it was at 7pm (Tennessee time), and that I didn't cancel the reservation, only I come one day late. In that moment I was tired and it was late in the night so I had to place a new reservation for 2 night paying 133$.

The day after I made a lot of calls at Extended Stay America call center but everyone told me a different things. It was impossible to talk directly with a manager, only after many calls one operator spoke with 2 different manager. Their name are Bianca and Willy ** and he reported me that the managers told that I had to pay another reservation for 13 nights (2+13=15) and only if I paid and stayed in hotel until the first check out day, they will refund me of the first payment. When I arrived the second evening in hotel the attendant told me that I could be stay until the check out date and after they will refund me the 2 nights extra I paid.

But today I receive an unauthorized charge of more than 800$ dollars upon my credit card. I called the hotel but the girl told me she doesn't know anything about. So I report to my bank and to Mastercard that it was a theft and not an authorized payment. I will proceed with the lawyers to have back the money and have Refunded of the damage they did me. So be aware of Extended Stay America or you will lose your money without a room to stay, even if you paid for that room.

Extended Stay America Company Information