1.38/5

392 Extended Stay America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

This is the Motel in Boca Rotan. First off they didn't have our room that we reserved so they gave us a different room but it was already occupied. They finally came up with one and it stunk of mold and musty. The AC didn't work unless it was turned down all the way to 60 degrees. Microwave didn't work. They don’t come equipped with plates, cups, silverware etc. I went to throw garbage in the trash can and there was a used ** bottle in it... Never again and I will tell everyone I know to never to stay at any off these motels.

Original review: March 11, 2019

The property is in disrepair, the rooms are dirty, and have bugs. My chair was broken, the TV barely functioned, and there was no guide. I am relocating for a great position at Northside Hospital and arrived back after a 12 hour shift to find my room dirty and the bed unmade. The kid at the front desk thought it was funny and insisted my room had been checked off as being serviced. The shower head is broken and keeps sliding down, reminding me of a creepy movie where the manager uses that hole to film women in the shower. You have to beg for towels, soap, and even toilet paper. The only convenience is the shopping center in the front. I would love to post on the hospital bulletin board for all 9000+ employees at Northside to NEVER recommend this place.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I had the best experience with the front desk staff members at the Extended Stay in Arcadia, CA. Patty was very pleasant and attentive to what I was saying about my experience. I had stayed in other Extended Stay America, so there were certain amenities I looked for. Patty listened and assured me that the hotel was undergoing renovations and if I revisit in the future, I would not be disappointed. I believed her and told her I would definitely come back. The GM (Theresa) was so nice and accommodating. I look forward to my next trip to Arcadia, California and staying at the Extended Stay America.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Room not up to par - Exterior refrigerator room 254 covered with dust. Was moved to room 371 which had rust on refrigerator as well small ants on counter near micro3. Reported incidences to Extended Stay but Priceline would not refund money. Will be filing complaint with Extended Stay and Priceline. Shame on you both.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Booked hotel, asked to move date up by one day after booking 48 hrs earlier. We booked a month and a half in advance!!! They would not cooperate. I will never use Extended Stay America again. After using them repeatedly on our travels.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I had a little mix up with housing. The general manager called me after I contacted customer service twice, told me I was lying that from general manager yet she never got off her butt to come to the room to check. I was there January 6 to February 1 2019 lot of money. I'm moving into my new home Friday he even told me I couldn't stay. 63 years old disabled support dog. Ha! Welcome to Peoria. Ladies that clean very nice but only every 7 day or pay. That's ok dont mind cleaning. Customer service would not talk to me nor would his boss.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. It was the one on Gainsville, Florida. I’ve stayed there before and that time was ok. But this time was the worst. I was an hour and a half late checking out but informed them I was just waiting for my uncle to book me another night online. The lady there was the rudest - she was rushing and rushing me. I was waiting at the front desk because my uncle was in the process of making the reservation and all of a sudden she said, “well we can’t give you the room now” out of nowhere he was almost done making it. Then she continued to treat me like a criminal and talked down to me. She is an awful person.

I asked to speak to the manager and there is no manager there. She wasn’t even going to call him. She did call finally and he was externally rude as well and refused to work with me. He said they had the right to refuse anyone. Which I get, but they continued to treat me like I did something wrong. Mind you, I paid for 8 nights there, over 500 bucks and the one day I just needed a bit to pay for another night they treated me like this. She even threatened to call the cops on me. This place is a joke. They should be ashamed of themselves and their staff. I’ve never been treated this horrible at a hotel in my life. Even staff members at motels are nicer than these animals. I’m doing everything in my power now to make complaints wherever I can. Now I’m worried if they will even give me my 100 buck deposit back. What a nightmare of a day or was. I’m absolutely disgusted.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Something is seriously wrong with their hotel booking system. Don't be surprised if you book a hotel and they tell you that they can't find your reservation when you arrive at their property. They will tell you it is your fault for coming to the wrong location and would do nothing about it. A motel is better than this - at least when you book a room you can *actually* have it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The room was not clean. Not enough pillows or towels. They have a continental breakfast but it not a breakfast. It’s a snack muffins oatmeal and coffee I called front desk like 3 times and they couldn’t do much on things I was requesting. Beds are hard and not comfortable.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have stayed at the ESA 50th Street location for year and a half. Through numerous managers, and the latest Dawn **, is rude. She knows I was a repeat guest yet chose to ignore me last time I stayed, and saw me 3 times. Unprofessional at best. I also could see out of my room #225 all of the employees and the manager smoking in the parking lot leaving front desk deserted. Guests couldn't check in and had to wait till they were done smoking out back, how rude.

This is a list of what I have seen and experienced with the rooms: missing towels, no toilet paper, nonworking lamps, AC not working, leaking fridges, windows won't shut, food left in microwaves, holes in walls, no hangers for clothes, garbage in hallways, terrible odors in rooms, cigarettes all over property as well as dog poop, and a pimp was asking if people wanted a hook up. Just gross, and this ESA needs a clean up and new management that actually cares about the state of the rooms and their guests, as now they clearly do not care. I will never stay again, they lost my business.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I rented a hotel room for three days for my daughter at Extended Stay hotel in Metairie Louisiana. Three days after her check out day, I noticed in my bank account transaction a hotel charge for $250 extra on top of the room rate I paid for my daughter stay at the hotel. I called the front desk and inquired about the $250 charge on my invoice, she claimed that my daughter was charged a penalty because she was smoking in her room. Their evidence was that the cleaning lady found cigarette butts in the trash can and they took pictures as evidence. My daughter never drank or smoked in her life. So I asked them for any evidence whether video recording or photos of my daughter smoking.

I contacted corporate and they got back to me saying they were going to find out more about the incident over the weekend and that was many weekends ago. I haven't heard anything from them at all. Please never pay your hotel stay with your debit card at all, always use Credit cards. I sure learned my lesson too late because I will never see my stolen $250 never again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I’ll never stay here again. I stayed several times this month and I seen a promo code online for up to 40% off your stay. I called the 800 number to book my room today and they told me it has expired on December 31st. But yet it was still on their website and no exp. date. And the supervisor that I spoke to was not willing to help or honor it. He said, "Oh well. Nothing I can do about it." Poor customer service. Give it a 1 star.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I cannot find any expression to express this dirty hotel. It doesn’t worth any star. This is my third day and you solve it. I was supposed review last night and I was talking about a lot of stuff but today again I was sleeping at midnight I feel something in my body. It was a bug.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I was here yesterday. I came from my job. My friend he reserve me this hotel. When I get there I didn’t look at it. I was just dropping my stuff. I run out to get The rest of what I need, because my friend is rushing to go back home. He wants to take me to Walmart to get the stuff that I need for the six days. When I come back my friend drop me off And he goes back home. When I start looking at the room I found a lot of stuff it’s not right. The pillow has blood on it, I don’t know where they came from. I have to wipe the tables to put my stuff on.

I was sitting in my bed And I feel something coming in my foot. When I move it I find there is a cockroach. I took a picture and then I went to the Lobby. When I told them what happened the manager hey says, "We gonna move you to another room." The manager he didn't say sorry for nothing. He just say, "We can move you to another room." This hotel in Nashville Tennessee. I forget. Does it to say the microwave where is dirty. Don’t reserve this hotel on the phone. Come and look at it first before you pay. That’s all your money you just put in trash.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I have stayed there on a off through the years. This last time I was staying there longer than usual and going through a tough time. I moved in September and had intentions staying through the holidays. In November I had to pay every 2 days just trying to make ends meet. From the time I moved in till November I had been paying 7-10 days at a time. I was at work and I call to make an arrangement to pay when I got off work. The manager said no and I had to be there by 11 am to pay or check out. I explained to him that I had been really sick through the year and if I left work early I would be fired.

He didn't care. So I had to leave my job to gather all my things and move out. I had a good job in a Drs office. I was fired and had nowhere to go. He kept knocking on the door wanting me to hurry getting my 2.5 months of belongings out and was talking about me with other residents and employees. That was the worst experience. As well as embarrassing and I was jobless. The only one who showed compassion and was very professional was the assistant manager Genna.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Terrible atmosphere, room was just bearable, sheets were terrible and food was breakfast bars and coffee which was terrible. Service was decent but didn’t need anything from the front desk. Staff was courteous and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

To start with, there are THREE locations titled Auburn Hills Extended Stay America. So make sure to double check which location you are reserving with. My stay with the location on University Drive was fantastic. When I tried to return later in the week, my booking had been made at the location on Dorris Road. This was already an inconvenience, and in approaching the new location, it was definitely not the same quality hotel. Staff was fine. My hotel neighbors had many children that you could hear crying, yelling, and stomping through the walls.

Front desk did resolve this for the most part. The room was dingy, but I thought it was fine, until... I returned from my two-night stay here and started developing bumps on my arms later that evening. BED BUGS! Now, I have to disinfect everything I brought to that room and have about 20 large, itchy bites all over my body. I called the hotel to complain. They said they would look into it and call me back, I bet that is the last I hear from them. Very dissatisfied with the Extended Stay-Auburn Hills-DORRIS RD hotel, and I repeat, BED BUGS are here!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I reserved the room directly from their website, I paid all the 15 nights in advance. The check in day unfortunately my flight was canceled, I called the office desk to notify that I would arrive one day later. When I arrived in hotel, the attendant told me that my reservation was canceled and I lose my money (more than 700$) because they policy is that if you call after the 6pm to report you are late, your reservation is cancelled and you lose your money, I explained at the attendant that I was in Europe and I called as soon as I knew my flight was canceled, but with time zone it was at 7pm (Tennessee time), and that I didn't cancel the reservation, only I come one day late. In that moment I was tired and it was late in the night so I had to place a new reservation for 2 night paying 133$.

The day after I made a lot of calls at Extended Stay America call center but everyone told me a different things. It was impossible to talk directly with a manager, only after many calls one operator spoke with 2 different manager. Their name are Bianca and Willy ** and he reported me that the managers told that I had to pay another reservation for 13 nights (2+13=15) and only if I paid and stayed in hotel until the first check out day, they will refund me of the first payment. When I arrived the second evening in hotel the attendant told me that I could be stay until the check out date and after they will refund me the 2 nights extra I paid.

But today I receive an unauthorized charge of more than 800$ dollars upon my credit card. I called the hotel but the girl told me she doesn't know anything about. So I report to my bank and to Mastercard that it was a theft and not an authorized payment. I will proceed with the lawyers to have back the money and have Refunded of the damage they did me. So be aware of Extended Stay America or you will lose your money without a room to stay, even if you paid for that room.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

My luggage was in the lobby and I was only a few feet away from it. A woman walked up to it, covered it with some of her clothing, and started to walk away with it. I attempted to stop her. I asked the manager for help. He did nothing. He did not ask the woman to open the luggage to prove it was hers, and he allowed her to leave the hotel lobby with it. The manager had previously disabled the security cameras in the lobby and outside the hotel or, when the police were called, went into the back room and erased the security footage. When the police arrived, the woman had transferred my luggage to another car which had already left the premises. So there was no proof she had taken it. Their security is a joke (on me). This was a great hotel when it was Sierra Suites. It's only a few blocks from my home, and we stayed there several times and had visitors stay there many times. Never again!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I booked this hotel which located 6 Kenilworth Knoll, Asheville, NC 28805 from Booking.com on 11-17-18, that is mean me and Booking.com and the hotel have already had a contract legally as soon as the reservation was confirmed. The lady at front desk of hotel refuse me to check in and treated me very poorly Just because the physical address of mine is not far than 50 miles from the hotel, she told me to leave when I asked her where is disclosures on the Booking.com. There is no disclosure on the Booking.com which said the reservation is not acceptable for the people who live within 50 miles from the hotel. I believe it is hotel's responsibility to disclose on the website Booking.com, because I had rental vacations with Booking.com. I had to wait for outside with kids for long time and looked for another hotel in cold weather at Saturday night.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I am a long time visitor at this hotel and I have got to say everyday feels like the first! The hotel manager and all her staff make sure I have everything I need from clean towels and sheets to dish washing fluid. Every time I see any of the staff they always say hello or ask me how my day has been! They make me feel like part of the family here at The Extended Stay America-Baton Rouge Citiplace!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I am a long term stay guest and I've had some unfortunate events... I still appreciate the efforts that Jim ** makes to resolve every issue. He leads his staff by example and maintains a positive guests relations. My computer died during a power outage recovery on 10/06/18 in my room: I lost power the night before out of nowhere. The staff in their attempt to bring back the power the next day messed with the wrong circuit breaker which caused a big power surge that broke my computer and the large burner on the stove.

I am currently losing over two weeks worth of residual income because I use my computer for work. I am not happy about the situation and the length of time it's taking for Extended Stay to come up with a resolution but I appreciate that Jim keeps trying to get hold of the insurance adjuster and keeping me informed of every attempts he makes. He sees my frustration every morning and empathizes with me. That is care and consistency: An elite level of customer service. Not everyone gets to that level and it cannot be taught, you either have or you don't.

He finally got hold of another adjuster yesterday, very pleasant guy, and things are finally moving in the right direction. Jim also comped a few nights to compensate for some of my wages loss and the inconvenience. I do not understand the delay in resolving this particular issue, I suspect neglect from the previous insurance adjuster which sadly reflects very poorly on the Extended Stay brand. Thank you Jim.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

114 Welsh Rd horsham PA 19044 - The fire alarm in our room malfunctioned around 7:30 pm on October 30th 2018, and was buzzing loudly every 10 to 15 seconds. Front desk staff member Storm, told us to wait it out and it would eventually stop buzzing. Fire department called front desk 3 times to inquire about our rooms malfunctioning alarm since it was continuously alerting them.

After 3 hours of buzzing in our room and our room only, and Storm requesting multiple times for us to wait it out, we asked to be put up in a different room for the night or to be transferred to another Extended Stay location as per protocol per guest relations via two phone calls I made that night. We were told by the front desk (representative name was 'Storm') that after speaking to her manager Ryan who was not on site, we had two choices, first choice, stay in the room with the loud buzzing alarm, or our second choice, leave. No offer of our money back, no attempt to place us in the Dresher location or give us another room at the Welsh location. This really happened. I recorded this conversation and her fit of rage all on my cell phone.

Storm was dishonest, shaking, and twitching, she cursed profanities at my family, including my 11 year old child and threatened me personally with physical violence, and explained to her other guest who were standing in line that I was a '**'. Still all in front of my family. My family had no choice but to leave the location, while transferring our possessions from the room to our vehicle, Storm proceeded to go into room 143 with a young male, one of the guest who was previously waiting in line that she insulted me in front of and too.

Jeanette was also on duty, we explained we would be back October 31 2018 to resolve the issue. Jeanette said she did not know where Strom had went to, so we told her and Jeannette proceeded to retrieve Storm from the young male's room 143. I recorded this as well, but left to avoid further confrontation. From there, my family left, without any refund and are staying in another hotel in the next township. I plan on following up asap. This is unacceptable behavior.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The odor in the room is nauseous. The hotel is filthy. There are visible Cockroaches throughout hotel. It is the grossest hotel I have ever stayed. The doors don't work, every day you have to get rekeyed due to faulty system. Breakfast is a joke. Laundry doesn't work, vending machines take your money, they never refund you. Total nightmare. Finally the parking lot drinking parties will afford you zero sleep. Do not stay here!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Upon arriving at Suburban Extended Stay on W Hundred Rd in Chester, VA, we were told the hotel did not have a 2 queen bed, non- smoking room. After 20 minutes of back and forth between Priceline and hotel staff, we entered a 2 queen, smoking room. The stench was unbearable in the hallway and worse in the room. Sheets were dirty, mold in refrigerator, mold and trash in ac unit, mold on curtains, shower curtain filthy, dead bugs on shower wall, light bulbs missing, lampshade torn, food and food wrappers under mattresses, cell phone under mattress, room not vacuumed, crayon drawings on doors, knife in refrigerator, toilet filthy, cable outlet hanging off the wall, toilet paper holder broken, mirrors dirty and doors to outside had empty holes where locks belonged. After all that, Priceline offered us a 5% discount on our next booking. Needless to say, we will NEVER use Priceline or Suburban again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

My son was graduating boot camp in Columbia, South Carolina Sept.5/6, 2018. I decided to book a room at the Extended Stay America in Columbia, just on the other side of the bridge that takes us to gate 4 of the military base. Reserved a room from 9/4/18 - 9/7/18. That evening when we arrived, we saw the hotel ahead and it look pretty nice with the lights shining on the building.

Once we pulled into the lot, it wasn't easy finding the entrance to the front desk. When we walked into what is called the lobby, that should have been our first clue that we were in for a mess! We checked in and proceeded to our room on the top floor. Elevator doors open up on the top floor and it was pitch black. Bulbs burnt out. Walked to our room, opened the door, set my suitcase down and decided to move the vehicle closer to the end where our room was. Got back into the room and was met at the door by my children saying there were bugs, someone's clothes still in the drawers etc...

I decided to look for myself and it looked as though housekeeping made the bed and removed the shower curtain and spot cleaned the bathroom. THAT WAS IT! I saw a roach type bug on the wall in the kitchen, one in the sink & fridge door, inside the microwave was dirty, clothes still in the drawers, sandals under the bed along with empty water bottles. There was an empty energy drink between the nightstand and wall, no shower curtain, marijuana stems and particles left in desk drawer, floor wasn't vacuumed and it smelled dirty in there.

I called the front desk and started to explain the situation. She asked if she could call me back due to the fact she was dealing with another customer. I took pictures to show if she or anyone would like to see them. She did call right back and I explained the condition of the room. She said she would be willing to give us a discount for our stay but I declined saying I wouldn't stay there for free & I would like a full refund. She was very kind and kindly agreed to do so. I would NEVER stay nor recommend this Extended Stay! We have stayed at other Extended Stays and they were VERY nice. NOT the case at this place. Extended Stay America should be ashamed at how this one is run and taken care of. This hotel ruins the name of Extended Stay.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Stayed from August 26 to August 28 2018, I should have left but the US Open in town. Nowhere else to go. 2 doors down from my room dirty dishes left on the floor in hallway. Left on floor until I complained. The air conditioner loud and thudded whn on.The tub had not been cleaned. The carpet stained. The linen had an odor of stale alcohol, I had bug bites on me on August 27 and more on August 28. I called customer service and they promised the GM would contact me. I tried the front desk and no one answered the phone or came to the desk. The women behind the desk always looked angry. I reported it to bed bug registry. I checked out on August 28. Before doing so I made a thorough inspection of the room around the bed in the closet under the desk, in the kitchen area and bathroom. I had paid in advance the 50 dollar cleaning fee for my pet of under 20 lbs.

The room is only 300 square feet and has furniture. I would have stepped in it if there was something there. I also checked the bed linens. Nothing except being dingy for not being cleaned. My company paid my bill but the hotel charged my credit card 272.19 for cleaning. They never informed me of the charge. They used my card meant for incidentals and charged it 272.19 and no incidentals. After 5 calls to customer service and escalation to district manager who never called me back. I finally spoke to Amanda.

The GM who said the housekeeper didn't have to pick up the dirty dish left in the hall and by her own admission said this housekeeper does not work there. Was just filling in. That explains why I never saw anyone during business hours cleaning any room down my hallway. When I left no vacuuming of any halls. Blankets left in the halls and dirty dishes left on the floor. NO receipt for the 272.19 I paid, Amanda said the room needed deep cleaning and she blamed me. I said did she see the room or have proof. She said no. When I called a 7th time to customer service they said Amanda closed my account and no refund would be issued. Pretty sneaky, and very dirty, DO NOT GO UNLESS YOU LIKE FILTHY, UNPROFESSIONAL BUG INFESTED HOTELS. I have pictures of my bites. Amanda called me a liar and never asked for pictures. I have proof.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I needed it for a week but I only stayed 3 nights. I was checked into 3 rooms before I finally got a decent one. One had hair and crumbs in the bed & had a smell to it. One of them needed the restroom to be clean and that floor was nasty as well. The 1 I settled for was still nasty & had to clean it myself. Floor was filthy & was never cleaned. Each morning I spoke with front desk about it being vacuumed and they never did. The room I was given, floor had hair all over it, trash, press on nails, someone child’s shoe, rubber bands and something that looked like it was chewed on & spit out. I was promised pots, pans and dishes every day of my stay & never received them either & had to buy my own. Front desk had no care in the world about my room problems!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

This was one of the worst hotel visit I have ever had at this sad time in my life. On the way here I was called by the clerk and told I was being upgraded from the non smoking disability room to a non smoking deluxe double room. Got here and it was horrible. The room was not clean. It was a smoking room refreshed (not). The bathroom sink was broke. Living room ceiling light was broke. There was a hole over the bathroom mirror that I covered. That was weird. No kitchen utensils. Microwave was half working. Fridge had hair in it. The stove had burnt grease in the bottom.

I had to ask for a mop and a broom. I Lysol and bleached down the kitchen and bathroom. Swept and mopped the floors. 20 minutes after check in the fire alarm goes off and I couldn't get my disabled spouse down the stairs due to the disability. Hence the booking of the disabled room in the first place. I spent $400 to not be happy this whole trip. To top it off the guys in the room next door had prostitutes running in and out every night all night! Never again!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

First off I would like to say that here at Extended Stay America in Altamonte FL is a huge disappointment. Why? Front desk is rude and they are not quick with responses to your questions about the hotel. They do not supply you with any information of the hotel unless you ask. Horrible! And for my room they supply you with little cleaning supplies as possible. They even do not provide coffee makers nor coffee! In your room Wth? Front desk keeps everything. So when I went up to ask if they had a coffee maker I was instructed to go out of my way to buy coffee at a store to brew. I'm fed up and I haven't been here for a night yet. Stay away. Do not support this hotel! I'm fired up just writing this. Anyways this place is a waste of money if you're looking for more bang for your buck. Hahah God this place is a joke.

Extended Stay America Company Information