Extended Stay America

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I will never stay at this hotel, again. The lobby, hallway, and room was dirty!!! My water bottle cap had fallen under the bed, I was so disgusted when I looked under the bed!! I will post pictures.

So many bad things happened at this hotel I could write a book. Never in my 51 years have I had such SHOCKINGLY RUDE "SERVICE." These people are out of control! Example; the windows in my room did not open. When I asked the manager if I could change rooms, she tore into me so rudely I thought about calling the police. Another example; my room key card NEVER WORKED! The sixth time going to the desk to tell them my card didn't work they were laughing, THEY WERE DOING IT PURPOSELY. I WAS SCARED TO BE AT THIS HOTEL!!!

Worst place ever. When I arrived to my hotel in Fort Wayne Indiana they overbooked and sent me all the way across town to the other and it smelled of a sewer flood on all floors. Elevator out of order so I had to walk up the third floor all week. The Wi-Fi is like dial up unless you want to pay. Best fill them ice trays up right away because they have no ice on the property. Place is a disgusting dump!!!

This hotel uses false advertisement/photos to describe their rooms. Rooms are shown very beautiful in the internet with beautiful lobby. Their customer service is below "one star". Nevertheless, I made a reservation for several days and when I checked in I was shocked as the rooms are nothing like the pictures the hotel advertises. The next morning I woke up with severe back pain due to the defected mattress. I called the front desk asking for a new mattress and I was told they do not replace mattresses. I asked to be moved to another room but I was told that I have to wait until the next day. The next day I was totally ignored. The third day I went to the front desk and requested room change again and I was told that I cannot Switch! I travel a lot and spend many nights in hotels and this was the worst experience I had. I would never go back to this hotel.

The pictures online depict the property exactly. The customer service is great and the property is great as well. It has been recently renovated and looks awesome. It's quiet and the surrounding area is nice as well. It's well lit at night.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?

We had our reservation for 6 months, since August 30, 2017. When we arrived on Feb 24, 2017, the personnel at the front desk were unprofessional and their appearance was quite alarming. Anyway, they sent us up to room 164, which was supposed to be a NS, but it smelled like tobacco, so we called the front desk, and they moved us to room 165. Okay, fine. We unpacked. We were going to a wedding cocktail party that evening (Feb. 24), and needed to freshen up. I looked around for a hairdryer and there was none to be found, so I called the front desk and the lady told me that they would try and "locate" one. Pretty strange. I waited almost an hour and called back, at that point she told me they didn't have hairdryers. I could live with that and my husband was going to go to Walgreens and buy one. But first, we decided to rest for a while before getting ready.

I opened up the bed to find the white sheets full of black pubic hair and other black body hairs, and the bed skirt had dried sperm on it. I called to the front desk for a set of full bedding. Personnel brought up just the sheets, and I said I would like the full bedding. She stormed out of the room stating I had only asked for the sheets. The rude manager brought the rest of the bedding which at the time I also asked him for a new bed skirt. He slammed our door and came back with a bed skirt, at which time my husband told him that we did not appreciate the fact that he slammed the door on us, which he replied to my husband to "get out of my face" about 3 times, threatening my husband, and then said he was calling the police and he was kicking us out. Totally uncalled for, and the police arrived.

The police told us that they wouldn't even let their own mothers stay in this hotel as it was dangerous also. They also knew that Richard **, the manager, was lying and my husband even tried apologizing to him to calm him down. My husband did not need to apologize to him because Mr. ** was the instigator. He also was unprofessional looking with tattoos, piercings, and his attire was not appropriate. The police told us that these hotels can kick anyone out at anytime even if they don't like the color of your lipstick. We were horrified, and needed to find another hotel, which we had to pay $400 more for the week. We ended up missing the cocktail party that night because of this crazy fiasco.

There is more to this situation and no one seems to want to call me back. I have called about 4 times, emailed about 3, and I sent a certified letter to corporate headquarters last week, which they received March 27th, 2017. Please give me a call or I will continue to write bad reviews on your website. This hotel is a disaster. We do believe that this manager and the other woman at the front desk had been drinking, as they smelled of alcohol and tobacco. Call me at ** asap!!! PS: The picture of my socks are a clear indicator that the hotel room floor was filthy as those socks were perfectly white when I put them on.

Reported to management the very first day. After 4 days and repeating each day they finally showed up with spray. I had told them these were Pharaoh Ants and needed ant hotel bait. Was told this or nothing. My company leased 3 rooms for 23 days. Bathroom fixtures were very worn and needed replacing. Curtains falling off rods in bedroom. Carpet dirty. Totally unacceptable.

This hotel uses false photos to describe their location. Showing beautiful lobby, clean parking lot, lovely rooms. They customer service is below "one star". Arrived at 8:30 pm to be told room wasn't ready and I needed to wait at least an hour. Clerk not helpful, refused to speak a little louder so I could hear. No place to wait so cancelled and spent night on daughter's couch. Never again for Extended Stay America. They need to be closed down. What can the public do about this. I have written to Travelocity where I booked the room.

Do not stay here. This is by far the worst hotel in America. The staff yells at the guests staying here (by yelling I mean they curse at you). They ignore you and walk away when confronted with issues and problems at the hotel regarding fixing things and getting items at the front desk. They go through your mail. This hotel has the biggest bug problem I've ever seen. Roaches, bed bugs, mites, they bite you all night long. It's ran by people who mostly can't speak English and the ones that can don't give a crap whether you like it here. The towels and stuff they bring all smell like they haven't been washed and like cigarette smoke. They have drug deals going on all night including people coming from the other 2 hotels. They have the police here constantly kicking people out who can't pay but checked in. If you have common sense you'll read this review and take it to heart not to stay here. It's by far the worst hotel I've ever been to or stayed at.

We have been at this property for a year and a half. When the manager was Greta (who now manages the Wolfchase location) we didn't have one single issue. Since the new manager, Diane, began we have had NOTHING BUT issues. We had to withhold payment because of the LONG laundry list of items that were not fixed last summer. Now, they have entered our room and ILLEGALLY searched it because they smelled smoke AROUND my husband and myself as we were walking through the lobby. They have trampled my civil rights.

Furthermore, I am Pagan and my religion uses incense and candles. They circulated a letter saying that we could NOT LIGHT CANDLES in the room. This is religious persecution. You may think, as you read this, that I am being silly. However, when almost every single day there is another issue, another letter targeted to you, or another problem, this is a HUGE issue. They did not just do some things that were riding the line. The FOURTH AMENDMENT protects illegal searches. This is not a small issue at all!!

Very harassing and prejudice staff. My fiance and I have spent over thousand in rooms with Extended Stay America here in Columbia, South Carolina at 180 stone bridge drive off greystone blvd, my wife and I run a Psychic medium reading business and we are doing good. We however have been threatened to have Columbia Police on us by the staff. They have violated my fiance by calling out her name. There were many other residents complaining about bed bugs and as of earlier today the police were called for basically nothing. We let them into our room and they came in and said there was nothing illegal we were doing. They also told us we did not violate any hotel policies. I have been trying to reach their Corporate office for two hours no one is coming to the phone. This is a matter that must be heard due to a major staff malfunction issue and they need investigate.

Crossland Hotel Eugene-Springfield. Bed bugs, body fluids on mattress, sheets, blankets; dirty comforter; mattress pad with pubic & pet hair; no pans, silverware, cups, glasses, or dishes in kitchenette; we reserved a queen & were given a full-size bed; holes in the carpet; whole facility was supposed to be non-smoking but room reeked of cigarettes; cigarette burns in the bed linens; people were smoking in halls & doorways as well as people using ** everywhere & nothing was done about it. Mattress ripped & torn, with broken springs, the floor would have been softer. Found bed bugs in first room. Moved to a second room which was just as dirty. Pubic hair in sink. Dried food inside microwave. Pillows were the same kind toy get on a plane when flying coach & they refused to give us more than the 2 on the bed.

There were no extra blankets. They gave us a mattress pad to use as an extra blanket but it had pet hair stuck on it as well as it was stained with what appeared to be body fluids. There were mouse feces on the bed and under the mattress. The staff told us that they would strip off their clothing before they went into their house because the hotel was so dirty they didn't want to bring anything into their home. They told us bedbugs are a norm for them. The mattresses, padded chairs, drapes, etc are never changed after an infestation, even the ripped/torn ones.

The room had one "bath towel" which was just like my husband's so towels he bought at the industrial Costco for cleaning (tiny & rough). The Manager, Roni **, was unreachable as she wouldn't answer her phone. We were told that she NEVER answered her phone when she wasn't at the job. The new staff were left to their own devices without proper training.

Photos online showed kitchenette that was modern which was a bait and switch. The kitchenettes are outdated and run down. The backsplash was a piece of painted sheetrock... burn marks on countertop. Dresser with dirt, pet & human hair in it... etc. The shower had hair in the drain. The bathroom sink wouldn't drain. We had reserved and were charged for a room with a queen sized bed, but were given a full size bed. We mentioned this to the front desk clerk and were told the computers were locked up. Four days later we still have not received a refund in the charges (the overcharge for the first night and for the 2 nights we didn't stay).

We ended up having to leave & get another hotel which was 39 miles away which cost twice as much money. Since there was a children's sports tournament in town & everything else was booked, so we had a 40-minute drive to the event we were attending. There was no offer from the hotel to pay the difference in our other hotel. This hotel should not be given any stars. I could go on for hours.

I called corporate and was told that the hotel is franchise and there was no way I could be transferred to a manager. I would have to file a complaint with the person who answered the phone and wait for someone to get back to me. Meanwhile, the hotel has 3 nights of lodging, 2 of which I didn't use and the other I was overcharged for.

Started great ended in hate. My family and I stayed at this hotel January 4, 2017 to February 23rd 2017. Initially I was enjoying my stay with my family. Unfortunately that did not last long. There have been numerous issues. My room has been cleaned twice on schedule without us having to make a fuss about it at the front desk. Even upon cleaning our room it was as if they did not use a checklist. There are only two towels replacements, even though we leave 4. Our dish towel is non existent. We were left a note on the counter by housekeeping to take out our own trash. When we only left the kitchen garbage full. When we brought this to the front desk attention she assured me it will be taken care of.

The following week our room was not cleaned at all. They don't vacuum the floors thoroughly. The hallways smell like illegal substances although this is a NON smoking hotel. Company trucks take up most of the parking. They should be provided their own area. Grab and go breakfast is gone by 6:45 majority of the time. Only coffee and granola bars are available. NO oatmeal, fruit or muffins. Besides James the front desk staff was never there. I would call the number every time to get service at the front desk. I will never stay at this location again with over 2400.00 using promo codes : ) spent. I really think the Salisbury location is better.

My husband and I have been staying at the ESA Orlando Convention Center in Florida for over a month now while waiting for a sale to go through on our house. We thought it would be a great place to stay since it had a 3 star rating, and allowed pets... We were wrong. We have been paying $480+ A WEEK to stay here and it's NOT WORTH IT!!! How this place has a 3 star rating is beyond me! I can't take it anymore. I can't keep suffering in silence like this. I urge everyone to keep away from this hotel chain!!! Here's a list why:

The #1 reason would be that THERE ARE ROACHES!!! We have to leave the bathroom light on and the door cracked to minimize the amount that come out at night! I saw them our first week here and have been dying to get out ever since. Unfortunately this is the only place that allows pets close to my husband's work. This is a major health hazard. I have taken pictures of them and I am prepared to share them with the world to prevent them from being stuck in such unsanitary conditions like we have been.

Secondly, the promised weekly maid service doesn't exist! On top of the $500+ you spend on the room, having it cleaned costs extra! It is not included like they say it is! We had to go out and get a toilet scrubber because of the toilet having mold on it after 3 weeks of not being cleaned. If we want clean sheets, we will have to wash them ourselves or pay them more money for a service that was supposed to be included in the booking fee. We're basically paying $2000+ a month to live in filth! It's disgusting!

You have to exchange your towels out at the service desk yourself. If they don't have any clean you have to wait til they get around to washing some. You can only get what you bring down to them so if you weren't given rags or a floor towel (like us, because they didn't have any clean - which was hard to believe), you're SOL. You also have to take your own trash out.

They offer a free breakfast from 6-9am or 6:30-9am depending on who is working, and it is always. The. Same. I thought for the amount of money we were paying for the room, surely they would have scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh made waffles or pancakes, biscuits and gravy, donuts or something along those lines, based on what I've received at cheaper hotels... Nope. Frozen waffles. Frosted Flakes. Oats cooked in hot water - that you have to make yourself. Stale bagels. Every. Single. Day. They don't mix it up. There aren't any healthy options. Just frozen waffles and sugary cereal.

The second you step off the elevator you get hit with the unbearable musty scent of mildew, body odor and curry. It takes your breath away. You'd think being a pet friendly hotel they would work twice as hard to keep it clean and smelling fresh but, nope. I highly recommend you don't walk on the floors without shoes or thick socks (not white ones) because the floors are dingy and turn your feet black. Which, if they cleaned the rooms every day, or every other day, they wouldn't be so filthy.

Don't use the cooktop for anything! It burnt my pan and nearly caught on fire without even cooking our food. Plus side, there is a Buffalo Wild Wings nearby. The ventilation fan smells like it's about to catch on fire too. The AC unit smells like mildew. The fan in the bathroom barely works so the bathroom steams up quickly - causing water to run down the walls... Which leaves a disgusting yellow puddle on the sink. I advise not leaving your toothbrushes or makeup brushes on the sink. You will end up needing to replace them because of the yellow water puddle.

The mattress is very uncomfortable and the pillows are flat. Some of the outlets don't work. There isn't enough lighting. Even though there are 4 lamps and 3 ceiling lights, they are very dim. The staff is mostly made up of nice people that want to help you but some act like they don't want to get up and deal with you needing clean towels or whatever. Twice they charged my bank account instead of my husband's after we told them to remove my card from file. I was issued a refund but it still overdrew my account and I didn't have any money for a couple days, because they charge us every Saturday for our room.

We were told that we would get 20% off for booking a month but once we got here we were informed that we would only get that back after we check out. I've read multiple reviews on this issue stating they never got their discount refund as promised and their calls to the company's customer service line have gone unanswered or returned. Same for e-mails they've sent.

There isn't a pool or a fitness facility here. We typed in specifically for ESA locations with these amenities and this one came up, but that was false. The wifi here sucks as well. If you want better wifi service to work from "home" you can pay extra for that according to their site you have to log into for wifi access.

There are parties in the back parking lot almost every night - be prepared to see beer bottles & beer caps everywhere (watch where you drive because of broken glass), and grown men exposing themselves as they urinate to make more room for alcohol.

There isn't a lot of parking because of the people traveling in semi trucks (without trailers), hummers, trucks with trailers and RV's. Not the hotel's fault, but definitely keep an eye on your car for dings and scratches because of the people who take up 6-10 parking spots. So, basically you don't want to stay here. We cannot wait to get out of here! I am 97% sure we will never stay at another ESA hotel anywhere and I'm 100% certain that I will never stay at this location ever again. Being close to SeaWorld is not worth it. I wish that we would have left our min pin with relatives back home until our new house is ready, so we could stay somewhere else but no. We're stuck in this disgusting **, roach infested, disappointing hotel. It's a complete waste of money.

I was relocating for work, reported early Jan 2017 to new office in Orlando FL. In selling home in MD in Nov 2016 stayed at Extended Stay America in Germantown MD for about 5 weeks. Checked out and drove to Orlando and checked into Extended Stay at 8687 Commodity Circle Orlando 32819 approximately Jan 4th, 2017. This was necessary as I was staying there while looking for home to buy. To date have paid the hotel approximately over $5K in the relocation process.

On 2/13/17 I arrived back at the hotel from work around 6 PM and found my key cards didn't work. I went to front desk to get rekeyed and was told I was to leave immediately because "smoke was pouring out of my room". This was from the ** attendant who later said she had never been in my room... And refused to give me her full name. (I had complained about this attendant to management on checking in as she was arrogant, abusive, and non-responsive to questions or providing room services). When I inquired about a fire, the alleged asst manager (who also refused to give me his full name but apparently first is **) said smoke was coming from my room and he could tell while he was working out in the gym on the 1st floor (my room is top 3rd floor). So while I had not been in the room for over 9 hours, he said I was smoking.

So apparently he had entered my room while I wasn't there... He said another customer had complained, but refused to give me any information. He said I had "warned" but that is a false statement. So I tried to inquire but realized both of them were stating falsehoods. I said I could not leave immediately, I would have to pack up and this would take me awhile plus I would need to find another hotel, I would need another day. I then went back down to the front desk and asked the attendant when she had been in my room that day as she said "smoke was pouring out" even though I wasn't there. She said she had not been in the room... I asked her to give me her name and she refused, and then she called the cops. She claimed apparently I was "trespassing" after paying the hotel over $5K.

So later a cop showed up at my room while I was trying to find alternate lodging. He said I had 10 minutes to get things together, but I showed him all my stuff and said this was not possible. At any rate I left with just a few things, and checked into another hotel... By the way I told him I was concerned about leaving behind PII information, and hotel management going through my things. The next day I called Extended Stay corporate offices trying to talk to someone but was unable to do so and continually got connected to customer service who said they established an investigation because I brought up "legal action". I have left continued directives to service operators to speak to the legal dept but I have been blocked. Before going back the next day to get my things I placed several calls to Extended Stay operators who then called the hotel and said I would not be further harassed in getting my things.

When I arrived at the hotel the same asst manager was there and they had all my things on a dolly. I said I wanted escorted to the room to check to see if they got everything, he refused... So I am stating they DID NOT GET ALL MY THINGS. In addition I asked for invoice, and told them I could not authorize credit card charges to that used for last 2 transactions (charged for room I did not stay in due to abusive and lying management) and I wanted these charges credited and charged to another charge card. The asst ?? manager ** refused... So I called the Extended Stay customer service number and had them on the phone. During all of this the asst manager ** kept threatening me with trespass... I overhead a conversation when Extended Stay then called him and he lied... He said I had been continually warned of "smoking" which had never occurred...

And then when I brought up the word "attorney" the hotel stated they refused to honor my legal rights to direct charges to whatever credit card I directed. I was calm, had their operatives on the line, but the asst manager ** then told me he called the cops. I was trespassing even though I was calm and trying to reach their legal department (he refused to contact them) and there were several guests present who heard me. He then said if I didn't leave the cops would arrive and "cuff me" and take me to jail... This is abuse all the way and overt threats from a guy who lied about "warnings". There were no warnings... The management at this hotel needs investigated by US Justice Department if not other state agencies.

If I could give less than one star I definitely would. Let me preface this review by stating that I was forced into the hotel life because of a "domestic violent" situation for lack of a better description and was not looking to scam some unsuspecting company, as Ben the self proclaimed manager treated me. Also, before I begin, let me say that the hotel offers something called an epp rate, which is basically a monthly rate. It is about $1800 after tax, this is something I learned the day after I checked in. My check in was done in a complete rush due to the emergency of the situation and the fact that it was about 11 pm and I have a 10 year old special needs son that needed to get to bed so when the person who was mandated by the police to pay for my room was asked if they were interested in the perks program, she declined.

Anyway, the charge for 25 days, as required by the police department to be paid for, was a little over $2200. The next day after I settle in, I learn about the perks program and the epp rate, so I got online and signed up for that. I also emailed, whoever reads the "contact us" section, and requested that the perks be attached to my current reservation that was already paid in full at check in and I explained the reason for not having done so at check in. I followed up by contacting the reservation line and they stated that it should be no problem to convert my current reservation to the epp rate, however, the hotel front desk would have to do that since I had already checked in.

When I spoke to Noel, he said he could not convert my reservation but he could, upon checkout, apply a 20% discount, which would be approx $400 for the 25 day stay (he would later deny saying this). So by the time I was forced to check out, a total of $2689 was paid for 30 nights at this hotel. Almost $900 over the monthly rate I request the day after I checked in and the first 25 days (again over the monthly rate) was already paid in full! That is the shadiest business practice I have ever experienced. And then it gets even better!

After almost one week of my stay, I went to get some important papers that I had in one of my boxes and realized that not only were they gone, but the $1000 that I had hidden there in order to secure housing for my son and myself, and my prescriptions for my back pain all were missing. Of course I was dumbfounded, panicked and extremely upset but thankful that the laptops and tablets and gaming things my son had were all left untouched. I had been in the hotel room for the previous 48 hours except for six hours (11 am-5 pm) the previous day moving my belongings into storage. I immediately went to the front desk to report this and ask if there was any way anyone could have gotten into my room.

I stated that all of the housekeepers seemed very nice and I did not believe that they would do such a thing, however, the individuals responsible for my being in the hotel to begin with, were very dishonest, shady people and I feared that they had someway gotten into my room. Vanessa, the clerk, that I spoke to was very nice, said she would leave a note for Noel, the manager, and she would check with the staff to see if anyone knew anything.

A couple of days later, I went back to see if there was any update and she stated that she left the note for Noel, who never reached out to me, and she stated that none of the staff knew anything either. I then contacted the corporate number to ask what to do and after being placed on hold and transferred at least five different times I guess I had filed "a claim" although after so many breaks in the conversation and telling bits and pieces over and again, I almost was confused as to what the statement I was making was being used for.

I continued to follow up with the front desk and was even told by, ever so helpful Ben that a report was filed and that the insurance adjuster was handling this that they did not handle this sort of thing at the hotel. I was doing all I could to keep it together at this point, considering I was having to run around to replace protective orders, police reports, etc that were missing, mind you, that little savings was all the money I had! Oh and a trip to the er to replace medicine.

About a week and a half later, as I was speaking to a friend explaining my hotel experience, she tells me that she forgot to mention that, during our moving my things into storage, she had been to the hotel and had to get a key to retrieve a bag she had left in there! Mind you, I have known her over 15 years and I would have given her a key myself had she asked, but the hotel did not know that! All she had to do, was go to the desk and state that she needed a key for (X room) because she need to get something out of the room, she was asked what the last name was so she spelled it and without even looking in the computer, Ben furnished her a key. And how do I know it was Ben? Because I also had to go to the front desk to get a key after leaving mine in the room and it was just that simple, I stated my name and room number and was given a key, no problem.

I told Ben at the time how concerned I was with the ease of obtaining a key especially after having items missing from my room and his response was "Well, you look familiar, and you're legitimate." Are you kidding me? I had, for one, never seen Ben before, and secondly, because I had my son with me, I looked legitimate? Does he not read the news? Women have been raped for this same sort of negligence! Also, if Ben, had taken the time to even verify that yes, my last name matched the room number, he would have seen that no one but me was to be given a key! I can't believe that a manager would be so careless to begin with but I would soon learn that was not all Ben was! Did I mention that they have a sign right at the front desk that clearly states no keys will be given without proper I.D.? That's amusing! Considering the manager will not even check the computer, he will just hand you a key.

So now I am left wondering who else could have been given access to my room, specifically in that small window of time, and who stole my belongings. As much as I want to know this for myself, because as of now it would break my heart to learn it was my friend, but that's not even relevant. The fact is that the hotel was absolutely negligent in furnishing my key to anyone other than me and therefore I expect to be reimbursed, at the least! This is not a situation that the hotel can claim they are not at fault for and assume some limited liability, they were 100% negligent and therefore 100% responsible.

After learning that Ben was the responsible party that I needed to speak with, he stated that there was nothing he could say or do because that would make the hotel, I believe he said liable but I can't quote him on the exact word. I was so upset at the time because not only was he responsible for my missing money etc he was refusing to apply the 20% discount that Noel had promised me. Let me explain, at this point, I have already extended my stay another week which made my checkout now for the 13th of February and was having to pay for the room nightly. My thought was that when I ran out of money, I could then check out and use the refund, that Noel had promised, and re apply to the room charge. Considering the hotel was responsible for my current situation, I failed to see this as a problem. Well not only was it a problem, I then had to ask Ben, if he would give me a few hours to go and borrow the money to pay for the room.

By this time $2500 had been paid, $2200 initially, and then I think three cash payments, not to mention the $100 cash deposit that I had given upon check out. Not only was I told no, he would give me an hour, he then threatened to call the police on me! What the hell?! Are you kidding me? I was beside myself, offended and completely devastated! I was thinking, "I am currently broke due to your negligence, I have not been late save this one instance and that's only because you refuse to apply the discount Noel had promised, you have been paid way over the monthly rate and you have my $100 deposit! Clearly a few hours is not going to cost the hotel one penny!" I luckily was able to speak with a very helpful individual at the customer relations department, Jeremy, who spoke with Ben and was able to reason with him so that he gave me the couple of hours to bring the money back.

What Ben did not tell me was that he also changed my reservation to check out the following day so when I attempted to pay for that night and one extra in advance, completing my reservation, the clerk could not accept the payment. He had locked my "folio" the next day I went back to the front desk to attempt to pay again and Ben told me that yes he had changed my reservation, that he and Jeremy had agreed to that, which was a lie (per Jeremy), and he would not allow me to pay for the room. He in essence was kicking me out of the hotel. When I asked him what his reason was, he stated multiple late payment! I could not believe this! I had a month's worth of our belongings up in that room, I could not check in elsewhere until 3 and I had to move all of my things in that short of notice!

Did I mention that, although they schedule a weekly housekeeping day, housekeeping never came to my room. I had to seek out a vacuum and vacuum my room, wait four days for clean towels, and pay the same rate as if I was a new check in. This place is unbelievable! I will say that Kelly, Avery, and Vanessa, all clerks at the front desk are awesome. They listen to me as if I was a broken record, apologized that they could do nothing, and seemed even sympathetic to situation. I have worked in the hospitality, hotel, customer service industry for years and those individuals exemplify their roles. They are obviously accustomed to dealing with complaints from customers due to something Ben has said or done, as I not only witnessed but experienced myself.

I currently await a response from this Extended Stay's district manager as was requested by Jeremy at customer relations. Hopefully someone at that end reads this prior to contacting me because I will be very clear that anything less that demotion or termination of this Ben character and immediate reimbursement of my $1000, at the very least, will be unacceptable. I will definitely carry this up the food chain. I have been humiliated and victimized. So in short, expect the unexpected at this hotel. And whatever you do, do not inform the hotel that they have done anything wrong and need to fix it or else you may find yourself being kicked out!

Cockroaches was in the bathtub alive and under the bed and at the side of the bed on the floor. Even took pictures to show the front Clerk. She apologize and promised someone will come and clean my room and change out my towels. I got back 8 hrs later and my room was the same with no clean towels too. So I went back to the front desk. The female worker that work night shift apologize about that and she will make a note for the manger to contact me in the am and only things she can do is to give me clean towels. The next morning I was to check out no manager contact me at all. That hotel should be shut down manager my opinion.

My family and I were displaced from September 30th of 2016 while our home was being built sand St Louis Missouri so we decided to stay at the Extended Stay America off of Craig Road in St Louis Missouri or Maryland Heights instead of trying to find a place to rent that would not require a long-term lease. We checked into the extended stay on September 30th of 2016 and we were also a member of their Perks program. The coupon that we had was for 20% discount for our entire reservation. Since we were residents for over 30 days per law we are exempt from paying sales tax. We paid sales tax for 4 months and are now being told that we are not eligible to receive the perks reward program of the 20% discount as well as we are not eligible for our sales tax refund.

I have contacted the CEO as well as the COO of Extended Stay America due to the management staff as well as the general manager saying that we are not eligible for any refunds. And this particular location is committing fraud taking advantage of long-term residence as well as emptying out the Hotel while our reservation was still in force to potentially accommodate a corporate Airline employees that might choose to stay at their facility.

We were also told by management that we could sign up for a new reservation. We would have to pay an increased rate if we wanted to continue to reside at their facility after the corporate Airline employees had checked out. The staff at the hotel for the most part or helpful but a lot of the staff is involved in the click per se that is ran by management. And their rooms are in complete disarray. We were forced to leave because we felt that we were being harassed and discriminated against by management. I strongly suggest if you are looking at staying at this hotel for any length of time please look harder for a nicer Hotel that offer the same amenities in a better environment.

I'm in the Jimmy Carter location in Atlanta GA. For the most part the staff have been pleasant. My favorite has been Jennifer. I dealt with stomping rude guest... but the one staff Ashley that takes the cake... She was so disrespectful over some dingy towels and I felt she felt some type of way because she had to get her lazy ass up to get me fresh towels.

That's not even the biggest issue. I locked myself out of my room. Because she felt some type of way about the towels... she hassled me about giving her id. I'm like "all my things are in my room." I told her the address on my reservation and she lied and said it was not the address on file. I told her she can call the manager. She said "no I don't have to do anything" and walked back to the back. If she truly did not believe me she could walked her lazy butt up there, open the door and I would of showed her my Id. I was left out of my room for 20 min. ASHLEY is her name. If she doesn't like the hospitality business find a new job.

Been here almost a year, due to an injury and limited income. Many, many complaints over the last year, but you get to point, you just give up - which is what they want. The latest was too much though, my room is freezing, broken heater. I told the front desk on Jan 2nd about the problem... was told a work order would be put in. Returned Jan 6th... in person, was told the same thing, (new maintenance guy... just got trained, this is always their excuse). A new work order was put in, I was told he would be by the next day. Returned the am of 1.7.17, to check on the status, I was told a work order needed to be put in. I got angry, raised my voice, then the receptionist went off "You're outta here! I'm calling the police because you raised your voice at me." She then pretended to call 911, which is a stupid thing to try and fake around me, because I'm a retired firefighter and I'm familiar with how 911 call is done.

I then complained to corporate, got the run around, talked to several people, was told Brandy ** would call me back. She hasn't. No one had. It's now Monday the 9th, and no one has attempted to make contact or solve the problem. Worst experience I've had in my life. And I've a lot of bad **. This company takes advantage of the homeless, the limited, the injured. There are safety concerns, hookers and drug dealers fighting in the hallway and SW parking lot. The main door was broken for over 3 months this summer, while everyone was waiting, a back door to an interior stairway was constantly open, and it still is. This is a common entry for nonresidents and anyone that needs a respite, I found a homeless girl huddled in the stairwell back in November.

I stayed at the Seattle location for new years. The next day I checked my bank account and saw an extra $289 in charges made to my card. I called and spoke to staff and they said they had never seen or heard of the charges and I would need to speak to a manager. It has been 4 days and still haven't heard from the manager. I've contacted my bank already to let them know about the bogus unauthorized charges to my account.

My family and I moved to Colorado, at the end of October, for an excellent employment opportunity, in hopes to make a better life for my family. I have a wife and three small children. My brother in law also moved here for the same reason. We decided to stay at an Extended Stay hotel while we looked for a home to buy. About 2-3 weeks ago my sister in law complained that she was getting bit by something in her room. She complained to management. They sent their "maintenance guy" to look around and didn't find anything. He had only checked around the beds. The general manager refused to move her room, and told her she was probably allergic to the laundry detergent. No pest control professional was called. The next week or I notice something biting me, and my son. My sister in law also continued to get bitten.

Yesterday my brother in law decided to thoroughly inspect the room himself. He found that the window drapes were completely infested with bedbugs. Live and crawling around. They had a 7 month old baby sleeping in that room. At that point, I decided to tear apart my room, and sure enough found a live bedbug crawling on the back of the mattress near the headboard. We immediately alerted the front desk. The gentleman, **, instructed us to bag up all of our clothing and linens to be cleaned and that they had two rooms available on the first floor. We were to wait for the team leader, **, to come in, wash our clothes, and move our rooms at 3pm.

3pm rolls around, and ** tells us that per the General Manager, **, there were no rooms available and that we would have to go to another hotel. They were going to issue us a refund, and that the Extended Stay branch he was sending us to would accommodate us. We were already paid up for another week. We end up packing up our families, at 5pm in the cold and going to the other hotel. We were upset knowing that they had rooms available but were kicking us out on the street because they had a bedbug infestation. We check into the other hotel, exhausted, and the gentleman at the front desk says that we didn't have to pay anything right then, and we would speak to management about our situation. We were already paid for the week and our refund is basically in limbo. This morning we are told by management that we either have to pay today or leave the hotel.

We called corporate, and they first lied to us and told us our refund had been released, and then when we conferenced in our bank told us that their company policy is not to release refunds for 3-5 business days. So the first hotel put us out knowing that we wouldn't be able to pay the new hotel. With all of the trouble they put us through you think corporate would try to help us out, but they don't care that they are screwing us over, and putting two families on the street. The front desk is letting us stay tonight, thankfully, but I have no idea what we will do tomorrow. I have to go to work and I have a 7 year old, 4 year old, and 2 year old. My brother in law has a 7 month old. We don't get paid until Thursday/Friday and who knows when the refund will be in our accounts.

Not to mention that my wife witnessed a bedbug crawling off of another guests trash bag the day we noticed our infestation, so I wouldn't be surprised if the entire hotel was infested. We are consumers and citizens being completely taken advantage of here, and I'm hoping someone can make it right. This company is completely unscrupulous, and shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. The property is 9253 E Costilla Ave, Greenwood Village Colorado 80112. Rooms 319/321. 319 has the bad infestation.

My husband stayed at the Extended stay for 2 nights. The second night at 3 am he realized that something was biting him. He took pictures and it ended up being BED BUGS. The property manager Alisha from ** has not done anything to help and was very rude. This is the second Extended Stay I have stayed at with BED BUGS and the manager Alisha could care LESS.

If you are a hood rat Gangster prostitute this place is perfect for you!!! I wouldn't let my dog stay here. I was taking a nap and was woke up by slamming doors and girls being degraded in the hallway. Left to eat, came back to gangsters everywhere lobby outside. Really you people should charge 0.05 to stay in this place!!! Don't stay here ever.

I am an International traveller from India and I stayed in Extended Stay America in Radnor, Philadelphia. My stay was 14 days in October and these cheaters charged me an extra $672 without notifying me in my credit card. I keep following them for the reversal but these pigs are not even responding to me properly. The WORST HOTEL I ever stayed in America.

We have been staying at this particular extended stay for 2 years due to employment. There is ALWAYS trash in stairway. Worse than used to be. The smell will is horrible. You can smell it on hallway. It is ridiculous. Not sanitary. Pictures are from one day at each end and two floors. Address is 4610 S Miami Blvd. Durham, NC.

I checked into my room on November 11th, 2016 and checked out November 12th, 2016. The room was filthy. I notified the manager or staff member not sure what his position was that evening and explain everything that was going on in that room #341, and he stated to make sure I complain to the morning manager as soon as the morning and he too will leave notation at the front desk, which he lied and left nothing of the sort according to the morning manager.

Upon entering the room the windows were wide open in 40 Degree weather, so it was freezing in the room. Both screens and windows wide open. The refrigerator doors handles were all black, sticky and nasty as well as the microwave. I inquire about dish soap at the front desk and the staff personnel told me they have it at the front desk which he did not tell me upon checking me in after I went out and purchase some myself. There were extremely amount of human hair all over the floor by the sink and closet door leading into the bathroom that I had to sweep up, and when I pulled back the comforter there were extremely amount of hair in the bed as if they never changed the sheets. How disgusting is this, and the pillows cases are all wrinkled and dirty like it has never been changed.

The bathroom door handle is missing, so the hotel use some type of dangerous hand grip with a long sharp edge metal piece as long as half way down the shower, sticking out, which is very dangerous and anyone could very well trip, slip and fall. I almost hit my head multiple times on the device bending over from the toilet seat because that's how far it's sticking out. There is nowhere or anything to grab on coming out of that slippery shower so I almost slip twice running into this device as well trying not to cut myself on it. You can not even close the door because this gripping long sharp knife device jars right into the wall whenever you try to close the door.

I call customer relations first thing the next morning and complained to them, but for whatever reason I do not believe they are going to do anything about my situation. I went to the front desk and talk to the morning manager and showed her the photos I have taken and all she could say is I see the photos without even looking at them. I still had to pay for my room. Where is the justice in this??? I'm so disappointed in how this was handle and as I told her the night staff person lied to me. She has given me a one night free pass. I haven't even slept all night because of the disgusting, and filthy condition. Please contact me as soon as possible with help with this situation. Extended Stay America 2701 Technology Dr. Lombard, IL 60148, PH 630-928-0202, FX, 630-928-0505.

I reserved a room at the Extended Stay America for 2 nights, November 2 & 3, 2016. It is located at 855 Pasquinelli Drive, Westmont IL 60559. BED BUGS! I was bit all over my body. Will never stay there again. Received a refund and an apology from the **, Manager and that was it.

I am disappointed mostly because I was lied to. Here is the story. We checked in. Our bathroom was a mess and smelled awful. Orange (looked like Cheetos fingers on the bed) stuff on bed. Fridge gross. Thought okay room was not cleaned no biggie. They moved us, great! Headboard was filthy, stains on bed sheets, red stains on bed and get ready. A man who worked at the hotel just walked straight into our room, never knocked or announced himself. I was fixing to change clothes so I got very lucky. He apologised. It was late we were tired so we used our own blankets and slept.

Next morning as I checked out Manager asked how everything was so I told him. Showed him the pis I had taken. He apologised and asked that I email him the pics, refunded my stay and promised to mail me a guest voucher for a free stay. I agreed to not leave a bad review since he was apologetic and was gonna fix it. I left a honest review saying manager was great and was gonna redeem himself. Never received the voucher. Emailed him saying I had not received it, again apologised and said he would mail it, confirmed my address. NEVER GOT IT. So he is a liar. It was dirty, and he was a rotten scoundrel. SHAME ON YOU!!!

When I came to Dallas for a new work assignment, people in the office suggested this place. I was on the southern part of town and that was ok but took longer to get to the office.This place has a small kitchen and is a studio, just what I need. I moved here and on the third night I had bed bug bites. Had planned to be here a month but nope, not gonna do it. I called the desk. They put me on hold forever. Called corp office, on hold for over 30 mins. They said I needed an different dept. Hold time at least 20 mins. Left a msg.

I called the desk again the next day. Desk person was so nice and tried to get the manager, but she doesn't return calls. I ended up going to Lowe's, buying spray, tearing up the room and doing it myself. Not sure I got them all but I felt better for trying. Why is it so hard to find a clean motel in Dallas for a long term stay? I'm trying Red Roof Sunday and see if that is any better. I have to be here for work for at least another month.

Extended Stay America Company Profile