3.9/5 (268 ratings)

About Extended Stay America

Extended Stay America Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?

Original review: March 26, 2022

I love the great service that your employees give at The Extended Stay America at 1225 Lakeview Drive, Romeoville Bolingbrook. Their names are **. They make a great team and they all do a fantastic job cleaning, making sure coffee and all breakfast is ready. They make sure guest are well taken cared of in every way. I'm staying in room 309 and my name is Kenneth **. Please keep these wonderful employees. Thank you.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I have been staying at Extended Stay America for more than 3 months, everyone has been great, the maintenance man Brandon has been great, he has taken care all our problems without room. I would recommend this place.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

What can I say it's just perfect every time. I am a handicapped individual and the staff could not be more kind and helpful above and beyond what you would expect. As a crippled guy who only gets to go out like once a month it's just perfect. Many many thanks as always.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Me and my family are displaced due to hurricane Ida making things hard to re-enter New Orleans at this time and everyday we been @ ESA NRG Hotel Mrs. ** went beyond to make us comfortable and welcomed. Is she an awesome and very hard worker and I can tell she values her job and the customers that stay here. Wish I could of gave her 20 stars but was only allowed to do 5.

Original review: June 18, 2022

This is THE most horrible experience I ever had in my entire life as far as hotel industry is concerned. We were moving out of state and booked in Extended Stay America, Irvine, CA for a month. We especially booked a room which had a sleeper sofa as we wanted one pull out couch for my daughter to sleep and also me and my husband were working from home so needed a place to sit. As soon as we moved in the very first day we noticed that the pull out couch was broken and no one can sleep on it. No utensils were provided, hot plate was not working, there were holes in the screen on the windows. We reached out at the front desk and the lady said that we do not have any rooms available and this is all they have. Obviously we are not gonna go looking for a place to stay as there was no availability anywhere at the last min.

We requested if only the couch could be replaced as the couch could not be used at all. They said, "Not possible" very rudely. They did not even fix our hot plate for 2 weeks. All this time we have been extremely patient with all the issues we were having. After 3 weeks we found a place and decided to move out. When I went to inform them that I am moving out and to get our final bill, I asked her very nicely if they could give some discount. Lady at the front desk said in fact we owe them as we are checking out one week early (their reservations rates are weekly and not monthly). She said we have to pay now daily rate and as our rate was monthly which was completely nonsense as I have their email clearly stating weekly rate. Suddenly this manager comes out of nowhere and starts yelling at me saying "you guys all want to stay for free", go stay for free, go I give you everything for free".

I was so shocked to see his this behavior. It was an extremely racist comment I have ever heard in my life that too in a place like Orange County, California. Seriously!!!! I am paying them $3700 to stay in a hotel --does he think I am so cheap or broke or here for a scam that I would in my right mind say that I want to stay for free? I called their customer service so many times to complaint and no one is calling me back and keep saying someone will call. This is so frustrating and disappointing to be treated like this. I seriously want to take this up further as that manager should be fired. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone in my life. MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE EVER.

Original review: June 10, 2022

ZERO STARS. I have asthma! Marijuana & smoke throughout the hotel, coming in my room through the bathroom vent & under door. I called, verified non smoking. Checked in, verified non smoking. Was told it is non-smoking. Building entrances says non smoking. Sign up says non smoking. Manager said they can do nothing about it, even though I reported it 2 days in a row. I moved my family here for a 2.5 week period. This is the WORST hotel that I’ve ever stayed at. The staff, including Hilda & Shay tried to bribe me. Originally they said I wouldn’t get any reimbursement for the pay 2 days & then after recording Shay the Hilda says she will refund me ONLY if I leave tomorrow. That is now how this works. This is Illegal & I have a health issue.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I was attempting to change a reservation because of a change in work plans, so decreasing the stay by 7 days. I proceeded to call them to change the reservations where they canceled my previous reservation and made a new one. That was when I thought everything was ok until I received a bill for the entire period, I was supposed to be paying bi-weekly. I called them to get it resolved where I learned that they would not do anything and had to review the entire previous call, which they said would only take 48 hours. They have still not reviewed the call and it has been 6 days. I still have not received a refund and keep getting nothing from customer service. I am currently staying in a different hotel they own, but make sure if you do make a reservation that they don't make a mistake or you will be the one paying for it.

Resolution response: May 5, 2022

Consumer Affairs seems to have reached out to Extended Stay America but, as of 7 days after my review was published, Extended Stay America has apparently not replied, per this web site.

Original review: April 28, 2022

About 4 days before my stay ended, someone broke into my car in the parking lot. My doors were locked, & no glass was broken, but items (not in view) were taken. A few days later, the day before I was to check out, a hotel worker entered my room while I was out for about an hour, and took money and an external storage drive that contained valuable data. The manager had the passkey mechanism on my room door analyzed, and determined which worker had the key that was used. Remarkably, the worker seemingly vanished afterwards, and I was subsequently told that he would not be returning.

I wasn't satisfied with this, so I filed a report with the police, and said that I would like to prosecute if the person were located. This is now over 7 weeks later, and I haven't been contacted, so I assume that nothing has been done. I created a review on Yelp - for this particular location of Extended Stay America (East Syracuse, NY) - and I am now creating this one, because I want to "pay it forward" with my experience, because I may be able to save someone else the frustration of returning to their room to find things missing, and a guest shouldn't have to worry about having their property stolen every time they leave the room.

Original review: April 17, 2022

This hotel is beyond of my comprehension! They got my payment for reservation and did not have a place for me to stay when I arrived trying to check in!!!! This is a robbery! Now they just bounce the ball back and forth we me to have an excuse for not giving me my money back! If this is their way to stay in business, so I guess I need legal way to deal with them! Horrible! Thieves and liars!

Original review: March 11, 2022

I had reserved a room six weeks in advance w/ Extended Stay America, located at 1701 Evans Rd, Melbourne, FL for three nights at the end of February 2022. I received their text the morning of our arrival about our stay starting that night. When we arrived, not only did they say that they didn't have our reservation, but the desk rep, Allie, told me to go to another ESA nearby where she assured me there were rooms and that she would call ahead and explain the situation. There were no rooms in the whole town because of a baseball event, which she knew. I imagine that they were able to sell the room last minute for much more than what we paid. My young son and I were left w/o a room at 11p at night. When I called for a refund, they said that because my name was not tied to the reservation number, a refund may or may not be given. I had to call my credit card company to stop payment. I would avoid Extended Stay America.

Extended Stay America Company Information