1.23/5

368 Extended Stay America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Upon arriving at Suburban Extended Stay on W Hundred Rd in Chester, VA, we were told the hotel did not have a 2 queen bed, non- smoking room. After 20 minutes of back and forth between Priceline and hotel staff, we entered a 2 queen, smoking room. The stench was unbearable in the hallway and worse in the room. Sheets were dirty, mold in refrigerator, mold and trash in ac unit, mold on curtains, shower curtain filthy, dead bugs on shower wall, light bulbs missing, lampshade torn, food and food wrappers under mattresses, cell phone under mattress, room not vacuumed, crayon drawings on doors, knife in refrigerator, toilet filthy, cable outlet hanging off the wall, toilet paper holder broken, mirrors dirty and doors to outside had empty holes where locks belonged. After all that, Priceline offered us a 5% discount on our next booking. Needless to say, we will NEVER use Priceline or Suburban again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

My son was graduating boot camp in Columbia, South Carolina Sept.5/6, 2018. I decided to book a room at the Extended Stay America in Columbia, just on the other side of the bridge that takes us to gate 4 of the military base. Reserved a room from 9/4/18 - 9/7/18. That evening when we arrived, we saw the hotel ahead and it look pretty nice with the lights shining on the building.

Once we pulled into the lot, it wasn't easy finding the entrance to the front desk. When we walked into what is called the lobby, that should have been our first clue that we were in for a mess! We checked in and proceeded to our room on the top floor. Elevator doors open up on the top floor and it was pitch black. Bulbs burnt out. Walked to our room, opened the door, set my suitcase down and decided to move the vehicle closer to the end where our room was. Got back into the room and was met at the door by my children saying there were bugs, someone's clothes still in the drawers etc...

I decided to look for myself and it looked as though housekeeping made the bed and removed the shower curtain and spot cleaned the bathroom. THAT WAS IT! I saw a roach type bug on the wall in the kitchen, one in the sink & fridge door, inside the microwave was dirty, clothes still in the drawers, sandals under the bed along with empty water bottles. There was an empty energy drink between the nightstand and wall, no shower curtain, marijuana stems and particles left in desk drawer, floor wasn't vacuumed and it smelled dirty in there.

I called the front desk and started to explain the situation. She asked if she could call me back due to the fact she was dealing with another customer. I took pictures to show if she or anyone would like to see them. She did call right back and I explained the condition of the room. She said she would be willing to give us a discount for our stay but I declined saying I wouldn't stay there for free & I would like a full refund. She was very kind and kindly agreed to do so. I would NEVER stay nor recommend this Extended Stay! We have stayed at other Extended Stays and they were VERY nice. NOT the case at this place. Extended Stay America should be ashamed at how this one is run and taken care of. This hotel ruins the name of Extended Stay.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Stayed from August 26 to August 28 2018, I should have left but the US Open in town. Nowhere else to go. 2 doors down from my room dirty dishes left on the floor in hallway. Left on floor until I complained. The air conditioner loud and thudded whn on.The tub had not been cleaned. The carpet stained. The linen had an odor of stale alcohol, I had bug bites on me on August 27 and more on August 28. I called customer service and they promised the GM would contact me. I tried the front desk and no one answered the phone or came to the desk. The women behind the desk always looked angry. I reported it to bed bug registry. I checked out on August 28. Before doing so I made a thorough inspection of the room around the bed in the closet under the desk, in the kitchen area and bathroom. I had paid in advance the 50 dollar cleaning fee for my pet of under 20 lbs.

The room is only 300 square feet and has furniture. I would have stepped in it if there was something there. I also checked the bed linens. Nothing except being dingy for not being cleaned. My company paid my bill but the hotel charged my credit card 272.19 for cleaning. They never informed me of the charge. They used my card meant for incidentals and charged it 272.19 and no incidentals. After 5 calls to customer service and escalation to district manager who never called me back. I finally spoke to Amanda.

The GM who said the housekeeper didn't have to pick up the dirty dish left in the hall and by her own admission said this housekeeper does not work there. Was just filling in. That explains why I never saw anyone during business hours cleaning any room down my hallway. When I left no vacuuming of any halls. Blankets left in the halls and dirty dishes left on the floor. NO receipt for the 272.19 I paid, Amanda said the room needed deep cleaning and she blamed me. I said did she see the room or have proof. She said no. When I called a 7th time to customer service they said Amanda closed my account and no refund would be issued. Pretty sneaky, and very dirty, DO NOT GO UNLESS YOU LIKE FILTHY, UNPROFESSIONAL BUG INFESTED HOTELS. I have pictures of my bites. Amanda called me a liar and never asked for pictures. I have proof.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I needed it for a week but I only stayed 3 nights. I was checked into 3 rooms before I finally got a decent one. One had hair and crumbs in the bed & had a smell to it. One of them needed the restroom to be clean and that floor was nasty as well. The 1 I settled for was still nasty & had to clean it myself. Floor was filthy & was never cleaned. Each morning I spoke with front desk about it being vacuumed and they never did. The room I was given, floor had hair all over it, trash, press on nails, someone child’s shoe, rubber bands and something that looked like it was chewed on & spit out. I was promised pots, pans and dishes every day of my stay & never received them either & had to buy my own. Front desk had no care in the world about my room problems!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

This was one of the worst hotel visit I have ever had at this sad time in my life. On the way here I was called by the clerk and told I was being upgraded from the non smoking disability room to a non smoking deluxe double room. Got here and it was horrible. The room was not clean. It was a smoking room refreshed (not). The bathroom sink was broke. Living room ceiling light was broke. There was a hole over the bathroom mirror that I covered. That was weird. No kitchen utensils. Microwave was half working. Fridge had hair in it. The stove had burnt grease in the bottom.

I had to ask for a mop and a broom. I Lysol and bleached down the kitchen and bathroom. Swept and mopped the floors. 20 minutes after check in the fire alarm goes off and I couldn't get my disabled spouse down the stairs due to the disability. Hence the booking of the disabled room in the first place. I spent $400 to not be happy this whole trip. To top it off the guys in the room next door had prostitutes running in and out every night all night! Never again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

First off I would like to say that here at Extended Stay America in Altamonte FL is a huge disappointment. Why? Front desk is rude and they are not quick with responses to your questions about the hotel. They do not supply you with any information of the hotel unless you ask. Horrible! And for my room they supply you with little cleaning supplies as possible. They even do not provide coffee makers nor coffee! In your room Wth? Front desk keeps everything. So when I went up to ask if they had a coffee maker I was instructed to go out of my way to buy coffee at a store to brew. I'm fed up and I haven't been here for a night yet. Stay away. Do not support this hotel! I'm fired up just writing this. Anyways this place is a waste of money if you're looking for more bang for your buck. Hahah God this place is a joke.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Don't ever stay in one of these hotels. They are filthy, smell, and have bugs in the rooms. On top of it all, someone came into our room and stole important belongings. Hotel staff was unresponsive as was the corporate offices. From the bottom up, no one shows any competency in this organization. Mistake, after mistake, after mistake from checking in to checking out. Only coffee available but no sugar. This place is a total nightmare. Stay away!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

There were no pillows in my room. No telephone to call gift service. Trash was overflowing from guest before. No towels to wash with. Ask to speak to a manager he never came. And they charged my room twice to my bill of $113.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Check in at 4 am on 9/2/18. When I check in I gave that desk agent my ID and credit card... he did not swiped, so at 7:30 that same morning I get a call from the morning ** desk agent demanding that I must come to the office right now 'cause my credit was declined. I ask her if I could come later when I woke up she was no!! Right now!!! So I came down with the same credit card that I had made the reservation and she swiped it and payment went thru... 1st of all the room was filthy, bathtub was full of hair everywhere, towels look black, stain, room smelled like **. On top of that I get this rude agent, she say her name was Kim. She did not have a name tag so I’m going by what she say. You're paying $100.00 dollars per night for a filthy hotel room and rude customer service!! Never in my life staying here again!!! WORST EXPERIENCE!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Horrible is the only word that comes to mind! Let’s start with the lack of customer service and unprofessionalism exhibited day one. The staff isn’t helpful, never at front desk and doesn’t explain a thing at check-in. You get rooms cleaned once a week, but the only thing that is done is linen change and hopefully it’s clean. The plumbing sucks. You have to plunge your own toilet daily. My toilet was stopped up and overflowing and I had to run to desk to get a plunger because front desk clerk wouldn’t bring it.

The second time I was told maintenance was gone home and to wait till tomorrow. I had to call corporate to finally get someone to come two hours later. Yet again nothing was done by corporate. When I finally decided to sleep in the bed, I woke up with bite mark all over my right side, back, and arm. When I notified the manager and corporate they stated the maintenance man didn’t see anything. They changed my room once I got off a 12-hour shift but I had to move 3 months worth of stuff and groceries alone without assistance and they gave me $10 to wash my things. I had to throw away all my new pillows and blankets. There is no follow up from management or empathy for paying customers. It’s cheap but there’s a reason why! Go elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

On July 31, 2018 myself and 4 of my children ages 17, 7 and 4 checked into the hotel at 3:40 am. We drove a very long 7 hours to get there. My timing was very off that is why we were so late to arrive. Upon my arrival I asked the lady at the front desk. Took my credit card and had me sign my check in forms. I asked her if I could get a later check out since we got in so late. She said yes you can stay until 12:30 pm. I said, ”perfect!” I am 4 months pregnant and my 4 year old has been sick on this trip. He was on antibiotics every 8 hours.

Not one time did the lady inform me that in the early am less than 5 hours from when we checked in we would be awoken with a loud knock on our room door. As we walked to the room I notice a sign on the door that said, ”starting at 8 am a few would be coming to each room to begin to take out mattresses and bring in new ones.” It also said they would start at the vacant rooms. I thought we were safe why would anyone take mattresses of their guest who were sleeping!!! Well I was wrong 9:15 am came and went the banging on my door started. I opened the door and asked what they wanted. The guy said he needed us to get off the bed so he can come in and take them away. I was like, "No you are not taking the mattresses my children are still sleeping." He said, ”mam I have orders to take your mattresses now.” I said, ”hell no.”

I closed the door and called down to the front desk. I told the lady the paper on the door said vacant rooms first. She said, ”well now they are doing it as they please and we need to let them in." I told my babies to get off the bed and I started to call Priceline. That is who I had made the reservation through. Those ** didn’t help me. They said they had to call the hotel and ask them if they could refund my money. What? Expedia doesn’t do that. I called down to the front desk asking to speak with a manager. A few minutes later the manager came. I was very upset I was extremely tired and emotional. Never ever have I had mattress ripped out from underneath us.

The manager came and we began to argue. I said nowhere on the Priceline website or the website for Extended Stay America Northgate in Sacremento did it say that mattresses will be being replaced starting at 8 am. I never ever would have stayed there. The manager said, ”well you slept didn’t you?” I said, ”slept 5 hours being pregnant dealing with a sick little boy is not sleep.” He said, "Well this is what I can do. You can stay as long as you like today and I can give you half your money back."

Yeah ok let me stay in a place with no mattress and furniture falling apart. At this time it was already almost 11 am and still no mattresses. The manager said the guy told him I didn’t want him to come back and bring the mattresses. That was the funniest thing I had ever heard of. Why would I not want new mattresses so my kids could possibly go back to sleep. I had to call Priceline to tell them the manager allowed for 50 percent refund back. Why the hell I didn’t get full. I don’t understand. I will be calling corporate to express my concerns. Why would they do this and not have a notice when people try to book. I had the worst experience of my life. This is definitely one for the books.

Original review: July 22, 2018

While visiting ESA Orange, California, there was something quite unusual about this company's code of conduct. Although the service was somewhat friendly, it would appear that ESA employs contractors for housekeeping. For a four story busy hotel, there was only one housekeeper. There was a shortage of fresh towels, fresh bedding, fresh linens and an overwhelming sense of disorganization in the company.

At this particular location, there are the regular hotel customers. There are also low income and homeless people who stay at this location. It is not unusual to see a drug user a few rooms down the hall from parents and children. With the predicament of homelessness, mental illness and drug addiction, there should at least be a notice onsite for the customers to review and to be informed of who is sleeping next door. Cleanliness, social awareness and safety are a few concerns to be discussed here at ESA Orange, California. Please help others to be informed. Stay vigilant.

Original review: July 20, 2018

We stayed at an extended Stay America motel in Rock Hill SC at 1835 Canterbury Glen Ln. Was one of the nicest motels on our trip. The staff at the desk, both check in and check out were outstanding. Polite, friendly and helpful! I have managed motels in the past and I would hire the two ladies I had contact within a heartbeat! The room was clean, really clean! Pleasant and had everything we needed. I would highly recommend anyone staying in Rock Hill SC check this motel out.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I stayed at Extended Stay America at 4811 NW Expressway, Oklahoma City, Ok. Never again. This hotel does not even get one star from me. The staff are very unprofessional and rude. They act like they are working at a $20.00 a night hotel. Stayed 3 nights and was charged for 11 nights. They argued with us about it and accused us of signing a reservation for 11 days. They refused to refund even though I had checked out.. We had to cancel our credit card. After going to our bank, we were refunded part of the money.

We looked at our bank account the next day and seen more charges. We called hotel. They told us they were going to charge us $200.00 for smoking in a non-smoking room. We don't smoke! They reduced it to $65.00. Last I heard they were going to refund that amount. Someone had obviously stayed in our room after we checked out. And we were being charged for it. We believe the staff had something to do with this. Don't stay here unless you want your life to be turned upside down. Management never called. The staff are liars and thieves!

Original review: July 19, 2018

We are currently on day 7 of our 8 day stay at the Extended Stay America in Arlington, TX. 1st I was to stress how wonderful the staff has been with trying to help within the horrible limitations that the Corporation has given them. Day after day I have seen others complain (rightfully so) and they continue to try as hard as possible to at least empathize and sympathize with the situations while maintaining a level of professionalism, they are the only thing good here. When we arrived, our kitchen had nothing in it for eating or cooking if it wasn't bolted down. We had already gone grocery shopping the first day and filled our fridge with over $100 worth of food. I requested from the front desk the basic necessities of dining ware and at least a pot and pan.

Day 4 we FINALLY got a few things; 2 large plates, 3 saucers, 1 bowl, 2 knives, a set of oven pads, a cutting board, strainer and a coffee pot. It's sad when this little amount feels like opening your first Christmas present. Still without any way to cook we were still left to our own devices, which meant either cooking using aluminum foil (which worked but obviously not ideal) or going out to eat. Today is day 7, finally checking out tomorrow, and we still have nothing to add to the kitchen. Eating has been a challenge, where what we did buy grocery shopping would have been plenty for our stay, most will have to be thrown away because we can't cook it, not to mention the couple hundred dollars spent for dining out. I should also note that we chose this hotel chain because I have Celiac, eating out is hard, dangerous, and sometimes I've had to do without while feeding my own family.

Trying to contact anyone at the corporation has been nearly impossible. On day 2 I waited for 20 minutes on hold to try to speak to a customer service representative to no avail. I then sent a complaint through their website as well as tried to reach out via Facebook messenger on their page. Facebook was (and still is non-responsive), I did receive an email back from the company 2 days later offering us a free single night visit in the future. I responded to this email stating we want nothing free, we just want what was advertised when we booked the reservation (through their own website). Since then it's been crickets.

We are/we're in the area for a large youth bowling championship and know many in this hotel as well as other Extended Stay America's in Dallas, and no one has had a good experience or acceptable resolutions. While I thought initially this was just something related to this hotel, it's become clear that the Corporation has and continues to fail across multiple locations without what seems to be a care. My advice, spend an extra $100 dollars and upgrade to a more reputable hotel, in the end you'll save more money. If you're left to your own devices, make sure you have aluminum foil and pick up plastic ware at your local fast food joints! :)

Original review: July 17, 2018

I stayed at the Extended Stay America at 450 Gracern Rd. in Columbia, SC for one night - July 14, 2018 - and was totally disappointed with my stay. I encountered ROACHES crawling on the nightstand and on the floor; BEDBUGS in the bed (and I'm still suffering today, July 17, with the inflamed, itchy welts on my arm and hands to prove it), and, to add insult to injury, I almost fell off a toilet seat that was not attached to the toilet properly (the seat only had one screw connecting it to the toilet instead of two screws - there was NO second screw). I will never stay there ever, ever again, and I will report my experience to all my friends. Stay away from Extended Stay America!

Original review: July 17, 2018

Never in my life have I ever encountered a more customer UNFRIENDLY company than ESA (Denver); they did not honor two separate reservations at two different locations and left me stranded with no hotel room. The corporate office phone number is an endless loop of frustration - further proof of their utter contempt for customers. Their customer service line is a joke because they know people cannot wait over 30 minutes to talk with someone who ultimately has zero authority. One word describes ESA: N-I-G-H-T-M-A-R-E.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Extended Stay America Airport – Doral 87th Ave. - Dog ** all over their grassy area sidewalk and parking lot. Bedbugs and or animal fleas o and construction going on without having a courtesy common sense to tell their guest. A non-smoking facility yeah right you will see in the picture cigarette butts, dog ** that I will post soon. Definitely some issues did not clean up the room just didn’t care for their guest. Very poor management very poor upkeep. Look at the picture speaks 1000 words shall I say no more.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I have stayed in Extended Stay America for 15 days for which they over billed me by $450. When contacted front desk they say they have reversed the transaction. It's more 4 Months. I haven't got the credit yet and when I approached hotel for the transaction reference numbers as per my banker's request they stopped responding to email.

Original review: July 1, 2018

My family and I stayed at the extended stay hotel at 1805 N Westshore dr Tampa Florida. In the executive suite. We were there for six days. They said they would not clean our room because we weren’t going to be there for seven days. Our kitchen area smelled like pee so I had to get a towel and some fabreeze and wipe the floor myself. We had to clean our own room. We had two televisions in the suite. Only one would work at a time. So if we had the television on in the bedroom area the one in the living area would not work.

We complained about it. They sent the maintenance guy to our room to look at it but they said there was nothing they could do about it. So we had to let our three year old daughter watch TV and wait for her to fall asleep before we were able to watch TV. We wanted to get in the pool but it didn’t look very clean. I don’t recall seeing anyone in the pool the whole six days we were there. There was another guest in the lobby complaining about her stay there as well. I was very dissatisfied with our time there. I will never stay at another extended stay again. Especially not the one located at 1805 N Westshore dr in Tampa Florida.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I've been here 3 weeks. Never had service. One time I moved from a two-bedroom to a one bed to make my rent cheaper which was 279. Less than a week it was up to 395. I think is unfair especially when there's people have been here as long as I have and they're only paying $1,000 a month. I went without an air conditioner for a week. Did I ever get compensated? No. Do I ever get a break? No. I've got medical issues going on right now. I'm extremely sick. Haven't been to work because of my illness and I think this place you work with me. I've been here for over 3 months. I don't complain. I don't **. I don't ask for nothing but a little cooperation would be nice and the rent for three. Crazy. My rent should be 279 like the receptionist Bertha quoted me.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The Extended Stay we used was in Destin, FL. We were there for 4 days and rented a condo. We wanted to extend our stay one more day so we rented a room for the night. We were literally afraid to touch anything. Carpets not vacuumed and stained. The smell of marijuana. Dogs barking. Dirt and grime on the side of the refrigerator. Holes in the plaster all through the hotel, hair in the sheets, we asked for extra sets of clean sheets and there was hair in them. We slept with shirts on our heads. Suitcases were put on top of the table because we were afraid of bedbugs. The fire alarm in our room was chirping with a low battery, we went to let them know, the front desk said she would try to find a battery, but she was not tall enough to replace it. We did, but the new battery wasn't new and finally we just took the smoke alarm off the wall. Stained bedding. I took a shower in my flip flops.

We ultimately checked out at 3am because none of us could sleep. I booked through Booking.com. They confirmed I booked 2 kids, 2 adults. The hotel said we only booked for 2. We were supposed to have double beds but got a king with a pullout sleeper with crumbs that was really a single / twin. I have filed a complaint so we will see. Do not use this chain. I will not even bring clothes in that we had in that room. I will take them from the suitcase outside and wash them. The suitcase will stay outside as well once we get home. Beware.

Original review: June 5, 2018

When I arrived the check-in staff told me that they could not allow me to check-in 30 mins early. We had to sit in our car for this time in 100 degree heat wasting gas with our a/c on. Once checked in we went to our room, when we got there it was not what I booked or paid for. I asked the clerk what happened to my suite, he told me someone else has it so they gave me the next room. This was just the first of many issues. I agreed to stay since they told me I would lose my money for the 1st night and 10 days to get the rest back. I was suppose to have dishes, towels, coffee pot, toaster, and pots and pans. Went to the front asking for these items, was told that it would be a while because other guest were using them. What I'm a guest too!!!

The restroom was dirty, mold in the shower, toilet was broke, shower head broke, and there were cigarette stains in a smoke free room. The a/c unit was falling out of the wall, plugs not secure, phone was not working, and the alarm clock was broke too. The breakfast was a joke, two tiny muffins and lukewarm coffee. Also, the grounds were unkept and the flower beds had used mop heads and use pads in them. I needed to wash clothing and all the machines were broken washers and dryers. II would never recommend the motel to anyone.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We were hoping to get a good affordable motel room in but we were wrong. They had forgot to mention that they charge pet fees per pet (2 dogs). When all said and done it was more expensive than a really nice motel. $125 later for the quality of the room, cleanliness of the room, fake breakfast, and outrageous pet fees. I will never stay with this hotel chain again.

Original review: May 21, 2018

After receiving a confirmation email the day of the stay (Looking Forward to seeing you) the local manager Tammy ** moved my reservation to another city. I had booked the specific location so I did not require a rental car. I booked directly with the hotel and not through third party to avoid this problem (I have heard Expedia and Travelocity overbook). This occurred after a late flight at approximately 9:30 pm. By this time no other local hotels had rooms. Cost me a taxi to the rental car agency. On top of all of this the room I was given at the next Extended Stay America had a bed with broken legs. I hope Extended Stay goes out of business TODAY!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I’ve been staying here 18 months. They promised a clean room. Suppose to clean it once a week but very rarely happens even if you go to manager and complain and if they do clean it it’s half-assed. Had the same bedspread and blanket that has never been changed or washed.

Original review: April 12, 2018

This motel took all of my 100 dollar deposit prior to calling them and letting them know I would not be there to pick it up. Ask if they could mail it to me they said not a problem. Then a couple weeks went by and I didn't receive the check so I called them back and they told me they took my refund or my deposit and put it towards another night even after I called them. What some **.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I checked into this hotel and they gave me the wrong room. Then they gave me a hard time when asking for the correct room that I paid for. My room keys kept deactivating every time I tried to use them. The place was extremely noisy. They also charged me two different transactions and when I called to verify them. They told me I had to wait 72 hours before I could be even considered a refund... stay away from this Extended Stay I. 1776 Pembrook, Maitland FL.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I had a kitchen sink overflow and sewage was on the floor and the cabinets. Water everywhere on the carpets. I was given a key to another room but the next day they wanted me back in the same room. I went through this for about 34 days and then I finally sent an email and contact corporate and told them when they could guarantee that the sewage was not in the room I would return to that room. A recovery staffing agent came to the hotel room and did an inspection. That inspection agent stated that The room could not be sold and that the carpets and some of the sheetrock had to be removed because it was contaminated with sewage waste.

I was placed in the room next-door. Went through a similar problem but in the bathroom for fecal matter and waste flooded the bathroom. Seven days have gone by. I ended up checking out of this place and staying for three days in another location. I was emailed by management that my new room has been cleaned after arguing and being hassled about the room. I came back to the hotel and there is feces on the floor and on the toilet. I sent pictures to the manager. This was around 11 o’clock today. I’m still waiting here within an unclean bathroom and no response from management to date. This hotel should be a last resort.

I checked out of the other hotel and came back here under the guise that this hotel room had been clean. Given the weather and hotels are booked I’m not able to check into another hotel which is very unfortunate. This has been a very stressful experience and I already am dealing with medical conditions and this just simply complicates more. Again do not check into this hotel except if you have no other place to go.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Highest rated Extended Stay America for several months and I can tell you it is not a good place to do business with. Management has changed 3 times since I've been here and each one seems to be just as deceitful and fraudulent as the last. I have been missed charged almost every month I've been here. I have had to contact the police several times. I've had to make complaints to get what I have paid for it to corporate several times and the crap just continues. There have been a few times where I was minutes away from calling the police to have a manager arrested for assault and/or fraud. In addition I broke my leg exiting the hotel slipping on ice. Apparently they don't think they need to shovel or salt even after 4 people have been injured due to ice in addition to myself this winter.

It took me several weeks to have them come in to exterminate the roaches that were in my room and several others. I actually had to go out and buy roach traps out of my own pocket. Management was fully aware of these situations and intentionally did nothing. I regularly can't even get my weekly cleaning done to my room and most of the time a really bad job is done. I would not recommend staying at an Extended Stay America ever as this seems to be their corporate culture. On top of that when my handicap accessible van was even vandalized by another guest I couldn't even get the manager to review the security footage. They didn't throw them out for another 2 weeks.

Extended Stay America Company Information