1.29/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 17, 2018

343 Extended Stay America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 17, 2018

I’ve been staying here 18 months. They promised a clean room. Suppose to clean it once a week but very rarely happens even if you go to manager and complain and if they do clean it it’s half-assed. Had the same bedspread and blanket that has never been changed or washed.

Original review: April 12, 2018

This motel took all of my 100 dollar deposit prior to calling them and letting them know I would not be there to pick it up. Ask if they could mail it to me they said not a problem. Then a couple weeks went by and I didn't receive the check so I called them back and they told me they took my refund or my deposit and put it towards another night even after I called them. What some **.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 6, 2018

I checked into this hotel and they gave me the wrong room. Then they gave me a hard time when asking for the correct room that I paid for. My room keys kept deactivating every time I tried to use them. The place was extremely noisy. They also charged me two different transactions and when I called to verify them. They told me I had to wait 72 hours before I could be even considered a refund... stay away from this Extended Stay I. 1776 Pembrook, Maitland FL.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I had a kitchen sink overflow and sewage was on the floor and the cabinets. Water everywhere on the carpets. I was given a key to another room but the next day they wanted me back in the same room. I went through this for about 34 days and then I finally sent an email and contact corporate and told them when they could guarantee that the sewage was not in the room I would return to that room. A recovery staffing agent came to the hotel room and did an inspection. That inspection agent stated that The room could not be sold and that the carpets and some of the sheetrock had to be removed because it was contaminated with sewage waste.

I was placed in the room next-door. Went through a similar problem but in the bathroom for fecal matter and waste flooded the bathroom. Seven days have gone by. I ended up checking out of this place and staying for three days in another location. I was emailed by management that my new room has been cleaned after arguing and being hassled about the room. I came back to the hotel and there is feces on the floor and on the toilet. I sent pictures to the manager. This was around 11 o’clock today. I’m still waiting here within an unclean bathroom and no response from management to date. This hotel should be a last resort.

I checked out of the other hotel and came back here under the guise that this hotel room had been clean. Given the weather and hotels are booked I’m not able to check into another hotel which is very unfortunate. This has been a very stressful experience and I already am dealing with medical conditions and this just simply complicates more. Again do not check into this hotel except if you have no other place to go.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Highest rated Extended Stay America for several months and I can tell you it is not a good place to do business with. Management has changed 3 times since I've been here and each one seems to be just as deceitful and fraudulent as the last. I have been missed charged almost every month I've been here. I have had to contact the police several times. I've had to make complaints to get what I have paid for it to corporate several times and the crap just continues. There have been a few times where I was minutes away from calling the police to have a manager arrested for assault and/or fraud. In addition I broke my leg exiting the hotel slipping on ice. Apparently they don't think they need to shovel or salt even after 4 people have been injured due to ice in addition to myself this winter.

It took me several weeks to have them come in to exterminate the roaches that were in my room and several others. I actually had to go out and buy roach traps out of my own pocket. Management was fully aware of these situations and intentionally did nothing. I regularly can't even get my weekly cleaning done to my room and most of the time a really bad job is done. I would not recommend staying at an Extended Stay America ever as this seems to be their corporate culture. On top of that when my handicap accessible van was even vandalized by another guest I couldn't even get the manager to review the security footage. They didn't throw them out for another 2 weeks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Extended Stay America?

Original review: March 17, 2018

Extended Stay America Jacksonville - When we checked in at 5:00, 2 hours after check in time, our room was still filthy. Food and dishes everywhere. Laundry piled up on the floors, pizza boxes still around. Did not go past the door. The second room had dog poop and pee on the floor. Smelled terrible and was filthy. We, along with about 5 other families, got our money refunded and left. The worst place I have ever been to.

Original review: March 13, 2018

DO NOT STAY AT THESE HOTELS, ESPECIALLY 12055 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, Fairfax Va. A large piece of their roof fell on to the ground and scratched the entire passenger side of my car! They refused to pay for any damages, I was told “we are not liable”. Wtf!

Original review: March 13, 2018

I stayed to this hotel on February 9, 2018. This was the WORST hotel experience ever. The purpose of this stay was for leisure, just a getaway from the normal environment. Let me say I was quite embarrassed to have my friend over and what we thought was going to be like a old school sleepover where we talked all night turned out not to be so. We ran up the street to the Walmart and got blankets so we wouldn't have to sleep under the blankets that were provided. Not only did we leave to get blankets, but once we were situated and thought we were going to get ice, we had to end up going back down the street because this Extended Stay did not have an ice machine.

However we were offered ice trays like ice was going to magically appear within minutes. Let me add, this room which we ended up staying in happened to be the third room that we tried. The first one the lights were broken so it was very dim and it looked creepy, the second room had a strong smell with loose light fixtures on the wall; and this third room was not only included with roaches, but crumbs were on the side of the bed by the window, which made me think this room was not clean prior to my arrival.

The unexpected guest roaches made us VERY uncomfortable. During the midst of changing room, We ran downstairs to let the lady at the front desk know we'd just stay in room 213 the roof was leaking or should I say it was "raining". It was so bad other guest used the trash can that was located next to the front desk to catch the water from the roof that was leaking. The only reason we stayed here was because we could not get a refund and that would have been money down the drain. The Extended stay was chosen because of a previous stay we had a few years back, Evidently time changed and so did Extended Stay America.

In hence, I am a certified travel agent. I will NEVER recommend this or any of the Extended Stays to my clients, family members or friends. I am the agent that cares about my travelers, therefore I would never have them stay anywhere I would not stay myself. I am a member of several private travel professional groups where we share experiences to help one another and warn our travelers and this is the top experience that will be shared.

Original review: March 11, 2018

We stayed here while buying a house in the area after moving from out of state. Firstly, I will start with the good. Larry, the manager is excellent (Raleigh, NC Crabtree Valley). He is super friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately, that is where the good stops. I specifically booked a non-smoking hotel because of the fact neither my wife nor I smoke, and we have small children including an infant. Upon entering the room, we were assaulted by the nauseating smell of cigarette smoke. I must have spent more than thirty dollars on air freshener/disinfectant, and Lysol wipes to clean what should have been a clean room. Through our stay, I complained to my wife about getting bitten by something (my wife thought I was nuts until our infant started showing bite marks as well).

We removed the sheets, and we found bedbugs. We immediately checked out, purchased new clothes, trash bags, and disinfecting detergent (approximately $150). Bagged all our clothes, tossed our suitcases in the trash, and went to stay in another hotel (unfortunately our house won't close for another week or two). With no home, we had to go to a laundromat and spend fifty dollars to wash our clothes. Expensive use, but I'm not taking any chances bringing bugs to our brand new house. When we brought it to the employee's attention, he said take the kids to the doctor and they will reimburse us (yeah right). To make things worse, as we were leaving my son nearly picked up a hypodermic needle in the parking lot (I understand the hotel can't control where people dispose of their disgusting habits, but it just added to the nastiness of the hotel).

Original review: March 11, 2018

Have been staying here for months. Come this Wednesday it will be 3 weeks since my room was cleaned. I go home every other weekend for honey do's, so there's ample time to clean. Although the place isn't bad, housekeeping suffers terribly!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I booked Extended Stay America Hotel Denver Park Meadows for one month, checked with the hotel staff if I have to leave the hotel in between, they told they will apply biweekly or weekly rate in that case which will be $4-6/day more than monthly rate. Have to leave the hotel after 16 days of stay. They applied huge amount of charges without any reason. No one is available to talk on phone and even if you visit the hotel, they keep on telling, "Manager is not available today."

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I cancelled my hotel reservations on 1/12/18 with the agent during the storm. The agent assured me they were cancelled. The hotel still charged me for both rooms. I called to dispute the charges and the agent lied. The manager told me it's a he say, she say issue and he will side with his agent. Not trustworthy.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Check in at the Extended Stay America in Malvern, PA was quick and easy. The longer you stay, the more discounts and points you get for your stay there now and future stays anywhere else in the country with this motel chain. Rooms are clean, housekeeping very friendly, and all staff members do their best to accommodate your every need (within reason). They have a nice indoor pool, large outdoor patio with huge gas grill for all to use. If you run out of something or need a utensil you don't normally use, you just call the front desk and they bring it to you. Or, you can go to the front desk and ask and have a little chit chat with whomever may be there (staff and guests alike). It is pet friendly. The last time I was there it included pit bulls and such and they were all very friendly dogs. Cats too.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The reasons why we won't go back to Extended Stay America - Fremont/Newark nor recommend it: We were charged twice but one was refunded later alright. But how can I recover the international fee (A$81) which we have paid for using our credit card to settle an overseas account. The manager is blaming Booking.Com (which the booking agent has denied) booking again but the revised invoice clearly say that our original invoice was just modified. For the 2-week stay our room was only cleaned or housekept once; Our pillows and bedsheets, of course, were only replaced once; We throw our own trash everyday; Used towels have to be handed over to the front desk to be able for it to issue fresh ones.

Indirectly we were asked to leave our room for two days from 9 am to 6 pm during the duration of our stay for preventive maintenance purposes (thank you to Booking.Com, they are willing to reimburse us for the cost of those 2 days); A fire alarm came off one morning without warning, announcement nor apology; We have to ask for plate and cutleries from the front desk when we checked in and when given, they were not enough for 4 people; No complimentary tea, coffee or water were provided; Because we were four and no housekeeping being done, we have to ask for toilet paper almost everyday; No porter to help the guests carry their luggages especially when your room is in the other building.

The front desk don't know what they are talking about. They said our room was in the second floor but when we got there, we learned that it was on the ground floor; Ricardo, the Manager and his staff are rude, disrespectful and not sympathetic to their guests. They don't realise that some of them, like us, travelled from the other side of the world for 17 hours. We understand that when we arrived at around 11 am we were early. We thought of leaving our luggages and come back later. But the room that they want us to place our luggages for safekeeping looks like a warehouse and is not secured. It is open for their maintenance people to freely come in and go. We don't want to leave our stuff to chances so we rather opted to wait for an hour or so but the front desk still have to charge us for $40+ because we were still early.

We spent $2353 for a 2-week stay and yet they can't spare the $40+ early check-in fee. It is their policy alright but a bad policy. They have to understand the situation on a case to case basis. We have extensively travelled and stayed in so many hotels around the world. This is the first time we have experienced this kind of service. We surely will return to Fremont because our daughter and her family live there but never and I said never will we go back to this hotel. PS I learned also that there was an incident that involved a shooting resulting into a death 4 weeks before we checked in on 10 Nov in this hotel. The more I am decided not to return to this hotel I can assure you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We stayed at Extended Stay America - Austin-Downtown- 6th St. from 10/01/2017 to 11/03/2017. When we checked out on the morning of 11/03/2017 as scheduled reservation, the front desk clerk told me she can’t set the balance of our receipts to zero for their system problem (only the manager Leslie ** has the right to do that). And she told me she will sent receipts to us later by email. 3 days after we leave Austin, we called the front desk and got our receipts, we found that we were overcharged 3 days later. We called the front desk and emailed to the manager (he is out of Austin on business trip), telling them the problems. The manager just told us to talk to his assistant, but the assistant Jesse ** don’t look into our case and even do not reply our email. Can anybody help me?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My company reserve me a room here for a month. I'm at the Extended Stay America in Greenville South Carolina. They only have like 15 channels to watch. They said they had a breakfast every morning. I get here and it's only coffee and oatmeal every morning. They have no Fitness area or pool or any other amenities. I would highly recommend choosing another establishment.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Don't use the wifi... I used it with my laptop... Something latched onto my laptop causing my settings for my home wifi to completely erase. Also, my printer drivers were wiped out. Other than that my stay was great. So take my advice. Just saying.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I stayed at Extended Stay America in February to March of 2014 and was treated with the utmost disgrace. The front desk manager's name was Frankie. When I would go out during the day, his front desk and maintenance employees would frequently enter the room that I was assigned and steal from me. They stole my bank card, my scarves, and several other belongings. One day I returned and found footprints leading to the bathroom. I called Frankie and had him check the daily log of all who’ll had entered the room. I even checked it myself and discovered that one of their own employees was the culprit. The maintenance man was nearby and when he knew he had been found out, he uttered "Uh-oh". A cop told me that if a hotel performs maintenance in the room you are staying in without your knowledge, that they can be closed down.

I decided to leave because I felt unsafe. At an earlier time, Frankie asked me to stop talking rudely to the front desk employees, or he would ask me to leave - when I had not done anything disrespectful. (My teachers can vouch for you all.) I went to check out and asked for my valuables stored in the lockbox. (Frankie was supposedly at a meeting then.) I was told that they could not get the lockbox open. I had already called Yellow Cab - the driver's name was Mitch - and the meter was running. All this time the employees stalled for two hours. I told them that they had better get the lockbox open, that I had to go and they had better call Frankie. Finally, Frankie arrived. He stalled also. They, he and the other front desk employees even waited on other lodgers while my taxi waited.

One of the lodgers name was Steve **; and there were two Latinos sitting in the lobby. This front desk had not completed serving me. Frankie then told me that I should go back into the room that I had been assigned and wait until 6:00 pm when the shuttle arrived, and the shuttle would take me to my destination. This was after he had assigned a bald-headed sixty-something year old ** male to the same room. I then decided to call the dispatcher at Yellow Cab. Right then, Frankie said that the lockbox had opened. The taxi meter had run up to $13.00.

I left this hotel for my life and decided never to return. I stayed at another hotel and while there received a call from a female front desk employee at Extended Stay America on Nations Ford Road. She told me that I had not paid my bill for the week and that it was due. I told her that if I ever received another call from her, that would be the last time. All these calls are recorded for proof with the carrier. I have enjoyed my stay at hotels in the USA but this was the final straw. This is an example of professional thieves being employed by a business who are morons on the subject of customer service.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Used online booking service and reservation made for wrong choice of room accommodations near Phoenix AZ Sky Harbor Airport. Requested non smoking room but Smoke prevailed in all rooms. Signs switched from door to door. Extended Stay Inn filthy. Rooms filthy, water leaks, in disrepair. Fell in bathtub, some kind of slim in tub when I stepped in. Called AZ health Dept and chain Corp office. No rational response or resolution from foreign Mgr.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

This is the worst experience we had in Atlanta (Marietta Area). No customer service, no breakfast as they said, the smell of the rooms are horrible, all the building have that smell. If you stay 2 nights and ask for cleaning the room the answer is: IF YOU WANT A CLEAN ROOM YOU HAVE TO STAY 7 DAYS, JUST BECAUSE YOU STAY TWO NIGHTS YOU DO NOT HAVE THE OPTION!!! OMG what. We came from Florida because of the Hurricane, the Marriott (Fairfield, Courtyard, Residence) Hilton's and others were booked because all Floridians came to Atlanta. This is not fair to any human being, you have this atrocious option, NO WAY PLEASE. PREFER TO SLEEP IN THE CAR. Advise do not reserve this hotel.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

We checked in on Sept 9th. The room was sub-standardly clean and the AC didn't work. I went to the desk to get a new room and a couple was there checking out because of bugs in their room. The manager gave me a new room. As nightfall approached bugs were appearing in the bathroom (ROACHES) and bugs crawling on the furniture. We immediately checked out and went to the hotel next door. The hotel next door said they received several guests from Extended Stay because of bugs that day.

Since Hotelplanner isn't returning my calls I called the Extended Stay manager, Carrie ** in Landover MD. She stated the room was inspected by her and a company and no bugs were found. I assure you there were! The hotel smelled of weed on the 2nd floor. The elevator wasn't working and we had to take the steps. I'm in shape and can do that but if you went there in a wheelchair you'd be screwed. Disgusting rooms, management and customer service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I've stayed here in 2014 in Louisiana, and I stayed for 2 months had nothing but problems the whole time here and when I went to check out they tried to charge me an extra $130 which was already paid for. They kept over charging me every week. If it were not for a employee at the front desk who knew my rate I would of been fighting them every week for money.

I was trying to give them another chance to redeem themselves and that went down the drain. I booked a room for Chicago and asked how much time do I have to cancel the room if I don't need it. The guy who booked my room said I had until the day of the stay before 4 pm to cancel. Well ended up my company said they were sending me else where and I went to cancel the reservations 2 days after I made the reservation.

This was a whole week before the job and they gave me some nonsense about advance purchase have to be canceled within 24 hrs. I did not make an advance notice that would be charged to my card. The guy said I had until the day of the reservation to cancel. All they told me was they had to review the conversation and for me to call back in a few hours. I called back several times and they never answered. I tried again the next day and they still didn't answer. I've been on hold both times for over 1 hour.

This is just ridiculous. Bad service and they lie about everything. Their service also sucks at their hotels. If I don't get a hold of someone to cancel this reservation I will contact my attorney, I don't have time for people like this. They have no right to charge my card because I was never told I had 24 hrs to cancel this reservation. I'll never stay at any of these hotels and my advise to you is to stay away. Very bad service and their customer service really is the pits and I mean the bottom of the pit.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

We arrived to not enough beds. We had booked with travel agent only to be told it couldn't be put right till two nights later. Son in chair sleeping at age 15, no roll away offered to social area to be had as pool was closed and dirty for whole two weeks... Then on third we moved as the rooms was cleaned. Maybe twice the orange juice machine was out of order. No choice given ...the lady checking us didn't care. We had to ask for any kitchen pots etc. There was others complaining about not enough beds and it was like being in a cell but we owned the key. Some days keys didn't work so had to ask at front desk.

We checked out on third week for peace of mind... No helpful staff and told they couldn't refund. Must see travel agent ....nothing deluxe here what a name, ESA Deluxe and they lied saying pool closed 5 days. It was dirty, leaves everywhere. The address was 6443 Westwood Blvd Orlando. Never never again. Been going to USA since 1992 never had a cell opps room like it or hotel. Avoid!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

My family and I checked in at this hotel on Tuesday Aug. 8 and right away had to wait over an hour to get our room. My family, 3 young children and I arrived at 2:45 and were told we couldn't check in until after 3 pm. We left and returned at 3:15 and waited in line until 4:30 to get our room. After going to the room, I noticed that the sofa couch was missing and the only thing left in that space were the two couch cushions and 2 springs. I went back out and spoke with man who checked us in and was told that he wasn't sure what happened but that I could speak with a manager the next morning.

We decided to visit the pool which after 20 minutes had to leave because we noticed hotel guests coming into the pool area with their dogs. One of the dogs, a husky, got so close to the pool that he nearly connected with my toddler's face as I held him in my arms inside the pool. Had I not jerked my child away, I'm not sure the animal would have bite or licked my child in the face.The owner didn't even try to restrain its animal. I voiced my concern of this at the front desk but didn't feel heard.

In order to accommodate ourselves in the room, my tween daughter and I had to share the 2 full beds in the room with my other two children. The next morning, we went to the front desk and spoke with the manager who heard my complaint about the sofa couch but told me that there was no way that I could get a new sofa couch or a roll-a-bed which I mentioned would make our accommodations a little more comfortable. She didn't seem to care that I was unhappy with our accommodations. She did promise that someone would come to the room and remove the sofa couch cushions and spring pieces.

That night when we returned from a long day at Legoland, we found out that our room hadn't been cleaned nor sofa cushions and springs removed. I once again visited the front desk and was told that somehow when we checked in, the clerk hadn't indicated that we wanted our room cleaned and there was no one else available but she, front desk person, to do housekeeping at 9 pm. She then told me that her job was not to do housekeeping. I was able to get a new set of clean towels but nothing else.

At that point I felt I had enough. I told the receptionist that the hotel's service was awful and she just gave me a smirk. The next day at checkout, Aug.10, I voiced my concerns with the manager and was compensated the first night's stay but not a single apology for poor service. I even mentioned to the manager that I had awoke with flea bites and her response was, "We are a pet friendly hotel and our carpets are currently being cleaned." I told her that I couldn't believe just how horrible their customer service was and that it would have been nice to get a simple apology. She just ended the conversation by telling me to have a good day and walked away from the front desk. She was arrogant and rude.

I left the hotel very unsatisfied with my hotel accommodations and wouldn't recommend this hotel chain to anyone coming to stay in San Diego. They seem to cater more to people who are looking to become tenants than hotel guests. What hotel makes you take out your own room trash or only cleans your room if you stay more than 7 days. At what they charge, they should be doing daily housekeeping and more.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

In May of this year - 2017 we stayed at Extended Stay in Northridge, CA. WE PAID FOR OUR STAY WITH CASH - INCLUDING $100.00 CASH DEPOSIT- that we were told we'd be refunded at check out. When we checked out though we were informed that it is policy to refund deposits through mail out check and not cash. Anyway, here it is August and seeing as we NEVER HEARD FROM THE EXTENDED STAY OR RECEIVED A CHECK IN THE MAIL FOR OUR DEPOSIT, we decided to call Extended Stay's Guest Relations, and find out where our $100.00 deposit check was. We were informed that a check had been sent out to us on the 30th of June and we then informed them we had not received said check.

We were told that they would call their accounting Dept. to find out the status of the check. Like if someone had cashed it or if it was still unpaid on/not cashed, at what time we could all move forward on, what steps to take now on our getting refunded. We went on to call guest relations back several times with still no word on the status of the check they sent to us on June 30th. Once again we needed to call back so a new check could be sent and INVESTIGATE of the other check they supposedly sent out to us. At this time we were told that now we weren't receiving a refund check at all due to leaving hotel w/o paying for two days, which could never happen because they make you pay for the room BEFORE continuing to allow you to stay. I explained that. Then they told us it was because of a no show reservation - which never happened because A valid credit card would've been used and I only pay cash to avoid any problems.

I asked what happened to the check they said was mailed to us on June 30th? The guest relations supervisor kept trying to tell me I owed for two nights and had no explanation for 4 different guest relations reps lying to us, and wasting hours of our time. 2 times I actually waited 2+ hours on telephone hold for guest relations and then another hour + just to be told to call back AGAIN. I TOLD THE SUPERVISOR - Shelby, that something was wrong with her information and she all but came right out and called me a liar. Never could explain why the guest relations reps and accounting dept lied about sending us a check on June 30th.

It seems to me that whoever was at the hotel lobby counter when we paid for our room must've pulled some sort of funny business with our cash and has cost us our refund and our reputation with Extended Stay. Not that we will ever stay there again, because We won't and about 50 people we know will not and no recommendations either. As a matter of fact we plan on moving forward with a lawyer on this and I am going to go thru every public media option I can to put this place on blast for cheating us, lying to us, ripping us off, and mental and emotional damages, and a loss of wages for hours our wasted time. They really could've handled this like a responsible establishment and chose to be "shady". Shame on them. Don't get ripped off - Stay away from Extended Stay hotels.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Extended Stay America located in Carson, CA is dirty as hell. The room smell like meadow, the carpet was damp and dirty, stains everywhere, on top of that room had roaches and black spiders. There was a roach leg in the shower on the wall. They don't clean the rooms during your stay, you have to pay extra if you want them to come clean. There's a room in the hallway with trash full to the top smelling horrible. I will never in my life come by here again. This hotel gets no stars, all they care about is renting the rooms out no matter what condition it's in. Hope someone think twice about staying in this dump, unless you are used to it.

Original review: July 15, 2017

In April 2017 Booked and paid full in advance for 2 bedroom suites in Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 for July 2017 stay. When I arrived at hotel, was told that the room I booked and paid in full no longer available. This NEVER happen in anywhere in USA before. Also. No house cleaning during my 2 weeks stay. No breakfast. Staff unfriendly. Slow internet. Was told by staff that cooking ware and silverware no longer available.

Original review: July 13, 2017

The hotel is dirty and carpet is filthy. There is trash at the front door. The side walk is dirty but could be cleaned with a simply pressure washing. They have an area inside the hotel where trash is dumped. No maid service and must clean your own room. The elevator is also filthy and nasty fingerprints visible. Trash from n2n and in all the hallways. This is the nastiest place I have seen. Motel 6 is better than this place. Does not deserve one star.

Original review: July 7, 2017

We had planned a trip for St Louis, MO for the 4th of July weekend with my wife, 2 yrs old son and mom. I had planned everything like where to stay, things to do on the way and in and around St Louis. Since I had small kid and old mom, I don't wanted to take any chances, so I double checked everything before we leave. On 24th I called Extended Stay America customer support and booked a 2 BEDROOM SUITE-KINGQUEEN-N in extended stay St Louis for 1st and 2nd July. On 29th I called customer care and property to make sure everything is set for us, since it was long weekend I don't wanted to take chance. I had even informed them that I'll do late check in, since we were traveling from North by car.

We left Saturday (1st July) morning at 6.30 am as per plan and reached Starved Rock State Park. We hiked, saw beautiful rock canyons, waterfalls. Had our lunch and left to Springfield. Saw Lincoln house and tomb. We reached Extended Stay around 11.20 pm. My son was already cranky and we were all so tired that we just wanted to hit bed. Quickly we unloaded our bags from car and went to the hotel. A shocking surprise was awaiting for us there. The woman in the front desk told there are no rooms. I showed her the copy of confirmation email and asked how can there not be a room booked for us. She told that they are full and no rooms available. I spoke to their customer care but no use. They called property and property manager, but they were care less.

After 30 mins I got answer that I have to book some other hotel room and manage that night and they would accommodate us next day. By then it was 12 pm and I was not able to use online booking. Since it will take my check in time 12 pm next day. We had to roam around in St Louis streets looking for accommodation in middle of the night with small kid and old mom. Finally, we were able find accommodation by paying a hefty amount for some good hotel. Those 2 hours were horrifying. And, our next day plan was completely screwed up. Next day I called Extended Stay guest relationship and explained what happen. They handed over number and told someone will reach out and today they have reserved the room. As we were paying high amount at another hotel, I did not want to extend my stay for another day. I vacated that place and went to Extended Stay, as they had promised today room will be available.

Again, same answer but with different story line. This time they told they have only king bedroom and don't have 2BEDROOM SUITE-KINGQUEEN-N. How 4 people can sleep on King bed? How can they be so irresponsible? I had to book another hotel room. In spite of planning everything perfectly and booking hotel well in advance I had to go through this. It was a lot of mental stress and I was not able to enjoy my trip.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Customer service is non existent and they're OK with racism - My family stayed in a location between houses previously and I would have given them 5 stars. This year, we again stayed with them (another location) between houses... Things were VERY different. Issue after issue after issue. We were then informed that we owed money. This didn't seem right and I spoke with the manager about speaking with them in detail the next day. "Okay, that's fine" I was told. That night, a knock at the door and the girl handed me an envelope. Basically, a letter saying since we were behind and owed money, we were getting kicked out.

The next day. I opened the door and went down the hall and got her before she went into the office (I was about 20 feet or more from her) & asked if the manager had spoken to them about it, she said no and I said "Well she should have" & turned back to my room... In tears, confused, etc. My husband (who was at the grocery store) came back shortly and I gave him the letter. I then had to take my kids somewhere. While I was gone, he went down to the front desk to speak with them about the letter and overheard the girl that handed me the letter, talking on her phone to someone. He was able to catch the last of what she said on video. He kept his cool, got a detailed, itemized bill from the desk and came back to the room. What did he hear?

"I handed her the letter and she got in my face talking about how she already talked to the manager. I told the ** I didn't know anything about that. She said 'The manager didn't tell you what we talked about yesterday?' And I told her 'no.' She comes at me again with 'Well, she should have.' Oh my God, ** people! This "b" doesn't know who she's messing with. I'll just deactivate her key and lock her out of her room. Then we'll see what she does... And it's so ** sick. I'm going to knock a ** "b" down." (after the "..." is what he caught on video.)

Instead of at least apologizing, management denied anything wrong was said. Also, going over the itemized bill, turns out THEY owed US money!! They were illegally charging us county tax for 2 months past what they were supposed to. Their reaction to all of this? They kicked us out. It's been nearly a month and we haven't gotten our refund, we haven't gotten an apology, nothing. In fact, we have called local management all the way up to corporate. We have yet to hear from anyone about this. They don't care about customers. Not at all.

Extended Stay America Company Information