Sheraton Hotels

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We were expecting better standards from a Sheraton Hotel. Sheraton in Catania is dated, old fashioned in terms of interior decoration (probably from the early 1990s), the building is badly maintained (exterior walls have never been plastered), the hotel is far from Catania monuments, shops, restaurants, markets and other attractions. It is located along a very busy road (day and night).

Bar staff does not speak English. Reception staff's English was poor and highly Italian accentuated. Breakfast buffet is poor and not conveniently organized (milk is far from coffee and tea machine, clients have to do everything by themselves). We had a much better experience at NH Hotel in Palermo for the same price level. We expect SHERATON customer service to prove us that SHERATON Hotels can offer us a good value for money service.

Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel - I stayed at the hotel several nights on business in different occasions and was pleasantly surprised not only at the location which was wonderfully central to a huge walkable area and lots of nice restaurants surrounding the Reforma and Angel, close to where I needed to go but also convenient from the airport - 45 minutes in traffic on arrival and 25 minutes without traffic this morning. Super convenient!!

Since you get to the front door staff are very friendly, like the butler service, staff club lounge is very affectionate and friendly. But staff out of tune on the 18th floor, the VIP & Club Services attention for frequent customers, leading to not appreciate the general level that has the hotel. Which is very poor for the Preferred Guest. It is the attention in the VIP & Club Services Leader at Mexico City Sheraton Maria Isabel. Everything else in the hotel works very well, and his staff are very friendly except this sector. The person in charge of that service level is not a four star hotel requires. This area is very poorly managed, and has no training or proper training. Only this sector, you can lose everything positive that has that hotel. They should work more on solving these problems, and become almost a five star hotel.

I am a military service member that was tasked to attend a class in Puerto Rico. I stayed at the Sheraton in Old San Juan. I was given a towel from housekeeping that had feces in it when my roommate and I ran out. When I took a shower the next morning before class I rubbed the towel all on my body. I was mortified when I discovered the putrid smell was coming from the towel. I became slightly ill and very stressed out that I almost didn't finish class. The hotel did NOTHING.

To this day I have a fear of housekeeping cleaning my room and I bring my own towels to any hotel that I attend. I do not drink from the glasses or use anything in ANY hotel I go to no matter the class and I now bring my own cleaning equipment. Again the SHERATON just swept it under the rug like it never happened. I am trying to pursue legal action. They offered no free year of rooms, nothing for emotional distress, absolutely nothing. I did a security report and I STILL have the towel. As a service member we have to travel quite often and I am afraid anytime I have to stay at a Starwood hotel.

My family is staying at this hotel for two nights for a hockey tournament and we received an eviction notice last night simply because I inquired- very politely - at the front desk why one of the families in our group had received a king bed for their family of four when they had reserved two queens, and why the hotel was not compensating them as they had other families in our group whose reservations they had mangled, like ours. I am blown away that the front desk manager Cory (who refused to give his last name) can call security on guests and accuse them of being rude because he doesn't like their questions!! I recorded our conversation- at no time was I rude.

We booked a $500 room where a king size bed was chosen as an option via a third party website. When we got there we were presented with a room of two single beds. The hotel took zero responsibility for falsely advertising their product on Wotif where the choice for such room was viable. It took us an hour and a half to try to sort a refund with Wotif whose call centre is in Delhi and we were put on hold and transferred many times. Eventually they assured we'll get a refund in 5-7 days.

In the meantime the hotel had zero sympathy towards our ordeal and we weren't even offered a glass of water. They took no responsibility for their part in false advertising and kept repeating their template speech about hotel operation procedures. To top it up, they didn't even refund the $100 for room security that was processed so quickly before we found out about the 2 single beds. If you book on a third party website, who knows what room you'll get when you get there. Be VERY careful!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sheraton Hotels?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I called the front desk to have room changed because of the smell in the room as well as poor sound proofing. Called down to front desk and asked for a room change. We were not able to get it. Horrible stench and noisy stay. Merry Christmas to me and my family.

My name is Mr. Troy **. I initially made a reservation online with a travel agent. A few weeks passed, I was notified by the agent that my flight reservation was canceled due to unavailability. Needless to say the agent failed to contact Sheraton Hotel, Santo Domingo to cancel the hotel portion of the trip, unbeknownst to me. I rebooked through Liberty Travel. I arrived at Sheraton Santo Domingo, 365 George Washington on December 24th at approximately 2pm. I approached the young lady at the check-in counter, gave her my information via itinerary.

She informed me I had 2 reservations, I explained my situation. She said, I will have to utilize both reservations. I said "How is that possible? I'm 1 party." She argued with me for an hour, rather than just cancel 1 reservation. I was forced to cancel my credit card and dispute the charges on Christmas eve. The young lady name is Rosigna **. I traveled, this far, from another country to patronize this hotel and was treated absolutely horrible.

My name Andrea ** (no relation but we both love our pets). Riley is our 3-year-old Havanese, and he have a little 2-year-old brother Abu (Yorkie). We love spending time with our family, entertaining children, traveling to Convalescent Centers visiting the elderly, lifting up the spirits of disabled Veterans, spreading our love, and making a paw (difference) this world. On a recent trip we stayed at The Sheraton Charlotte Hotel Airport location while visiting our 100-year-old grandma along with some of her friends at her Convalescent Center in Lancaster, SC. Unfortunately we abruptly ended our trip because the Sheraton barked at our good deeds. The Sheraton prides itself on being a pet-friendly hotel. Not only are we Starwood Preferred Guest with a Starwood's American Express Card, we previously stayed at this location under different front office management and multiple other locations without incident.

For this particular stay we were fortunate enough receive a special rate for this particular visit, which turned out costing us much more. Anyone familiar with traveling pets, the normal protocol is to request a first floor room by the doors. Lupita **, the assistant front desk manager, said the 1st floor wasn't available since we arrived a little early but she had a room on the 2nd floor by the door. We said fine because we needed to change and make it to our Grandmother's 100th birthday celebration, and she proceeded to check us in. We walked through the lobby happy family, tails wagging and greeted by several employees.

The following Sunday morning I was awaken with call shortly after 7am, from Lupita ** front desk assistant manager. She stated the night assistant manager Andre ** which was front desk, had received a complaint, someone heard a dog barking. I was half asleep and asked her if she heard a dog? She responded "no, but our customer did and you will have to pay for their room." I had NEVER in my life heard of a guest compensating another guest. Even if I would have been offered 2 free nights at the expense of another guest, I would've declined. Who can be so heartless? Not 4 Paws With A Cause... When I questioned her in my half asleep state Lupita was dismissive and quick to tell me she will have the front office manager call me. Rosabell ** (Front Office Manager) called yet again shortly after 7am, waking our family on Monday November 23, 2015 shortly after 7am.

The call was very rehearsed, so much so I thought Rosabell and Lupita as one in the same. Although Rosabell and Lupita was not present at the hotel during this time period of the complaint, she stated Lupita updated her about the special needs Havanese barking and was going to charge our card an additional $222.97 for a inconvenience fee. Again in my half asleep state I asked her the same question, "do you hear the dog," she responded "no, but our guest did on Saturday night." I advised her not only did we rest well Saturday evening but our sleep has been interrupted not by a bark but their front desk mean bite calling our room, interrupting our sleep about something that supposing took place Saturday night. When she started to explain my card would be unauthorized charged of $222.97.

The hotel wasn't full to occupancy. I find it hard to believe that out of the 222 guest rooms, the guest chose to remain beside a noisy room. Also the number of rooms at this locations has 222 and the amount charged to my card $222.97. I can't help but wonder how they came up with that number. I guess they charged us a $1 per room inconvenience charge. All managers were aggressive and the proper protocol, if there was an issue, should have been to have me come down immediately and sign a waiver that was overlooked during initial check-in, which I had no problem doing. Our paws are our family. The $222.97 charge was detrimental to our budget. As a result we were checked out a day early because of limited funds to continue our mission. We drove all night to return home exhausted and disappointed.

To show we are a reasonable and respectable organization we are not requesting a refund of our total visit of $360.17, although it would be nice. We are requesting The Sheraton Hotels & Resorts to refund us our $222 paws. Two Hundred Twenty Two Dollars and Ninety Seven Cents ($222.97) is a drop in the bucket for the Sheraton Hotels and Resorts which is worth over 14.6 Billion Dollars. They have over 1,270 properties in 100 countries with 180,4000 employees. 4 Paws For A Cause is a one woman and two four paw organization. I will say Room Service, Bellman staff was great and get 4 paws up but the Managers need to be retrained proper customer service edict. I'm sure we're not the first and won't be the last to complain about this location.

4 Paws With A Cause is self-funded depending on small donations as little as $.25 cents, no amount is too little to help our cause. We will not be deterred by this horrific experience but continuing to put one PAW in front of the other and persevere forward with our 4 paws and our cause. In closing we are going to take the high road and not chew up our Starwood's Preferred Guest Card and American Express but the future of our relationship is to be determined. I would also love to know from a paws perspective, what nonprofit pet organizations your 14.6 BILLION DOLLAR Company endorsed and support prior to November 23, 2015?

Our late mother taught us if you don't have anything nice to BARK about; then put a muzzle on it. It would be remiss not to WARN ALL PET LOVERS and our 4-legged friends about our experience. Let's JOIN PAWS TOGETHER and flood The Sheraton Corporate Office lines contacting Jeff Cava, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, and Adam Aron, Chief Executive Officer, at 203-964-6000, and the General Manager, Rusty Swanzy of the Charlotte Airport location. With all due respect... WE WANT OUR $222 PAWS BACK!!!

One of the worst customer service ever. I am not surprised for the bad rating. They are just after your money. Front desk team are very unhelpful, adding to that a manager by the name of Luis. We were trying to get a room with a balcony or any room that have at least window for fresh air due to my health condition but he wouldnt help and I even went up to check the room they offered but I could not stay for 2 mins. I went down. The manager lied about being up there for 20 mins when he wasnt even there when we walked in. Really a bad place to stay. And we took a pic of the name tags to refer to. After we went to the room I got a call from Luis threatening to kick us out if we dont delete the pic. I told him I will bring this up to Sheraton corporate and he really didnt care much. Seems like he can do whatever he wants and get away with it.

Please review your bank statements week after your stay at this hotel as well as others. This hotel in particular charged my account close to a hundred dollars and had no explanation for it, only to say that it was a mistake. As if charging me over 200 for one day wasn't enough. What if I hadn't caught it? I called my bank and they are currently investigating the situation and promised to put it back in my account if the hotel didn't. Surely not good business. I wouldn't want anyone investigating me that's for sure.

Due to my company's event I traveled to Seattle and with my company's suggestion I stayed in Sheraton Seattle Hotel. While I was staying in the hotel, I ordered couple of product on Amazon. I got most of them, but I could not get two orders although they were signed as delivered to the hotel on Amazon web page and I can see the name of the person who got my orders. I talked many times with the hotel staff in order to find my parcels.

Then I met with Lee ** (Purchasing Distribution Manager). He promised me to find them before I left the hotel. But he could not find and he gave his email address to follow up. He told that when he found the parcels he would send them to my address. After couple of emails he did not respond. He wrote that the security department would reach out to me today or tomorrow in the last email. As a result Sheraton Seattle lost my parcels and then they did not answer my emails. I am totally upset with their customer service.

We stayed at Four Points Sheraton in Houston, tx. No mini fridge in room, no microwave, no hot tub. And we had to pay 10 extra dollars for parking. Ordered room service. Served a raw hamburger. And the general manager was extremely unprofessional. We will never stay at another Sheraton hotel again. That's for sure.

I booked a club room for two nights. The complimentary breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres were below par. There was no food left even when I went there within the designated hours. The manager, **, at the front desk was very rude to me. When I checked in, he promised to refund me the difference between the room charge after corporate discount (for which I had the corporate code) and the actual amount charged to me. At the time of checkout, the staff said it cannot be refunded to me, since it was "prepaid." When I asked for **, the staff member went inside to call him, but he didn't come out to address the issue.

During my stay, I ordered room service for food. The chicken soup had an extremely high amount of salt in it. I couldn't even swallow the half teaspoon of soup that I tasted. The chicken wings were dry to burnt. I had to find the unburnt parts to eat. The mushroom in the burger was stale. The creme brulee was missing the regular crusty top. I let the guest services know about this, but they failed to offer me any solution. There was no toothpaste in my room. I was asked to come down to get it.

I hit my leg accidentally at your hotel and got a bump on my leg. I asked ** at the front desk if the hotel had a first aid kit having a pain ointment/spray. She showed me the way to your store. When I couldn't find anything there, she went inside and fetched Band-Aid and Bacitracin saying, "That's all we have." I requested her if she could get someone from the hotel to get me any pain-relieving spray/ointment from a nearby store, and that I am ready to pay for all the costs incurred -- I was in excruciating pain. She said I have to go by myself. She was kind enough, though, to make a call to get a cab for me.

The pillows were losing their shape all the time. The stuff inside them was getting collected at one end, leaving no stuff at the other. I couldn't get proper sleep. I had requested a room near elevator but I was given a room at the farthest end from elevator. The AC was too noisy. Next day, the temperature went down and the heater was not working. I heard a couple yelling most of the night. I didn't expect this kind of hospitality at a Sheraton Hotel. The people at work suggested me to stay at this hotel, since it is close to my work location. However, I had an unacceptable and terribly inconvenient experience at this Hotel.

Due to receiving a surprise on my credit card of charges made on my credit card by Sheraton on the falls Canada of $32.61 and $333.61 on the 02/18/2015 which I was to be charges $263.54 per room. I call to have these charges explained to me. I was told by a front deck attendant that they were because of two extra breakfast per day. I said "no" that I had received two breakfast voucher for two persons per voucher on 02/14/2015 and also two vouchers on 02/15/2015.

He said he will check with management and get back to me which he did the next day. He proceeded to tell me the charge of $32.61 will be remove but the other charge will remain because I was only given one voucher per day. I said "no" again and told him I will send a fax letter plus the proof of the vouchers being accurate. I received a call back from the assistant general manager that told me that they will not give me back a return of my charge on my credit card because I should know better as I have stay at the hotel before and this was agreed by the general manager and himself not to return my money.

Shock and surprise by his statement that I should be held responsible for the incompetent of his staff. I should of ask the front deck attendant or are you sure that I suppose to get two vouchers per day as you constantly change your rules. How unprofessional of him and of the general manager. This is not my first complain... you could read it on their website review. Just to let you know that my family and myself will no longer stay at that hotel. Did not have any complain at any of the other Sheraton and was always treat with the greatest respect and hospitality, being a SPG platinum member. I will not let one unprofessional hotel stop me from going to Niagara falls.

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Resort and Spa in Kauai, Hawaii. I booked the travel through Travelocity. When arriving at the hotel, they would not honor my type of room I paid for until I told them they were legally obligated as stated on my contract with Travelocity. Finally they did give me the room stated. I am a Starwood member and paid over $350 a night to stay at this Sheraton Hotel, but because I went through Travelocity they will not recognize my stay nor give me the over 2,000 points I should have gotten if booked directly through them. (Cost per night was the same.) The Starwood company still received my money and in return they lost me as a loyal customer.

Excited by the good reviews of this hotel I read, I made a reservation for my family along with a group of friends to January 2015. I have not stayed in this hotel yet, but I can already say that the service is not what I was expecting. I have a doubt about how to have a fridge in the room. Is a simple question, just yes or no. I wrote three emails to the hotel, one for Existing Reservations on August 31, another to Guest Services on September 15, another one to Concierge on September 18. I also wrote one e-mail to the Sheraton's customer support on the starwoodhotel's website with the same question and still got no answer. The hotel website does not have the manager's e-mail, and neither Claims e-mail, so I have nowhere else to look to find the answer to my question by e-mail.

In Sheraton's customer support on the starwoodhotel's website, they give me a telephone number (1-800) of the office nearest me. I called. My call was put on hold for several minutes and when was finally answered, the clerk informed me he could not help me and that I would have to call the hotel directly. Happens that I am not in the USA, so I'll have to make an expensive international call to get the answer to a simple question. If the emails do not work, why leave them on the website?

I booked a no refund booking at this hotel. When I got to hotel they said my room was cancelled as the credit card was not accepted. This was after confirming my booking online to me. They did not even email to let me know it was cancelled. Instead they gave the room to someone else and left me in the lurch after arriving at the hotel at midnight. Wife was in tears and hotel gave me 3000 points which is useless in compensation. I was truly cheated and am amazed by how such a good chain gave such poor customer care. My main concern is that they had a confirmed booking from me which on the confirmation booking they said was fully prepaid. I have the confirmation that says this. As a result I had to book into a worse hotel further inland and pay about 100 USD more. Family were distraught. Anything I can do?

My kindle fire was on the pillow on the bed closest to the window. It was never removed by me from the room. The housekeeping people had to have taken it. Along with that, the safe was inoperable when we arrived even though the previous tenants had requested it be fixed. The second morning, both keys were disabled. The security promised to look into the missing kindle but I suppose if the housekeeper says she didn't steal it, that is enough for them. Never, ever again will I stay at a Sheraton. The cashiers in the caf on the 3rd floor won't give you a discount even though you are told you get one upon checking in. They cannot make change and frequently made errors. Hot tub as filthy and had small, hostile children in it. Their adults took over the entire pool with a volleyball game thereby preventing anyone else from entering the pool. The internet is ridiculously expensive. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

I booked my hotel for a conference at Sheraton Marina in early May. I spoke with an agent who understood I was coming in June for a conference. She proceeded to book me for May in error. As I was preparing for the conference, I checked my confirmations, and I noticed her error. After calling Sheraton, they would do nothing for me. Their fix for this was to ask me to pay more to stay at a hotel over 15 minutes away, more in rush hour. No mention of my new rental car expense. Also charged me as a no-show for $215 and never once contacted me. I have suffered completely from their error and got not one concession from this horrible company. I will NEVER stay at a Sheraton again for business or otherwise as long as I live. I also recommend to others they don't as well. Disgusting! I almost lost my $1600 conference ticket from their error and now will be staying with Hilton right down the road.

My Husband and I and 4 children chose to stay in your hotel because we were getting renovations done in our home and needed a place to stay while our bathroom was being worked on. When we checked in, check in was fine. The check in staff were friendly and our check in was smooth and easy. But it seems that is when the customer service stopped. We had a great day until about midnight. There were children running thru the halls unsupervised screaming and yelling and even banging on our doors and running away. It literally kept us up and awoke our infant out of his sleep several times and caused our younger daughters to be scared.

When I tried calling guest services to see if there was some sort of security to handle this, no one answered the phone. It just rang and rang with no pick up. After a few tries I just gave up. The next morning I called again at around 7 or so and finally the woman from guest services answered the phone. I asked her if she could connect me to the manager, she said she would transfer me to the front desk there someone can assist me. Ok I thought, she transferred me thru and again NO ANSWER.

I finally got so fed up with trying to reach someone through guest services that I called the 1-800 numbers to explain the situation and see if they could assist me this way. The customer service woman was very nice and said, "I'll call myself to see if I can get somebody for you." After about 5 min she returned to the phone and said that she got in contact and a manager by the name of Kamilah would call me shortly.

Within 10 minutes the phone rang to our room and it was Kamilah. I explained the situation to her and she apologized about the issues and she doesn't know why no one answers the phone. She then said to me, "for your broken sleep we will allow you to have a late check out," so we could get additional rest. She also then stated that she would comp us on lunch from room service so we could eat before we left. At this point we were satisfied and felt that was fair enough. She said to just tell Room service to contact her because she would be taking care of it.

Around about 12:30 we called room service to place our order. Again NO one answers the room service line. We attempted about 5 phone calls before I called guest services again. The woman that answered said that she would page room service and have them call me back. After about another 10 minutes, the guest services woman called me back and said she does not know where the people are so she would take my order for me herself. When we were done placing the order I told her that Kamilah said that this order was being taken care of by her. The woman said ok and that was it.

Within 20 min we got another phone call back now from Kamilah and she said, "I'm sorry Ms. ** but we cannot comp your meal, we did not know you had a family of 4 with you. My Manager will not approve this." So my 1st thought was I thought you were the manager, and my 2nd thought was why would you promise me something and just take it back? If there were limits or so why wasn't that explained to me earlier? I asked to speak to her manager and she said to me that she was the manager. Which again makes no sense to me?

I went to the front desk myself now and asked to speak with the real manager. I told them to cancel the order if it would not be covered and check us out because we would leave immediately. The REAL manager finally came out and said she was not aware of what was going on. I said to her, "as many times as I asked for you no one told you that I have been asking to speak with you?" She showed no interest at all to me, my family or our situation. She just looked the bill and said, "No I will not approve that." So I asked her for her card and she told me "no, Kamilah said she did not have any more of her own." So they wrote their names on this card shown below and told me to call the 1-800 to complain. And would not provide me with the number because it is not shown on the card they given me.

I have never been treated so poorly in my life! The customer service there is awful. I read you reviews online and it seems that I'm not the only one that have complained about the children running thru the halls at all times of the night. The staff that does not answer calls and the rudeness of your staff. I'm originally from the neighborhood of east wick and I thought I would have supporting my neighborhood by staying here. My family has flown in and out of town for years and we always would recommend everyone to stay there, one because it's close to my family's home and the convenience of the airport. But now that I see this is how the service is now, we will pass from now on.

I made a reservation over the phone. They immediately billed my credit card and sent a confirmation email. The confirmation email arrives in seconds and states the cancellation period has expired. So if you call to cancel your reservation, they will not let you. Weeks in advance even! I can't even get them to refund the room tax! Smug on the phone about it. Credit card dispute resolution service is aware of them and said they are lawyered up on it and do it to everyone. Never staying at Sheraton ever again. Strangely enough, I am the travel manager at the company I work for. Guess a few more people will not be staying there either!

Me and my daughter spent 14 days at Four Points (from April 14 to April 28), and in the last seven days my daughter began to scratch herself all over her body, and also appeared lots of bug bites. We didn't know what it was. At the last day in the morning I found an alive bug at the pillow!!!!!! (In the same bed she slept). I took the pillow with the bug to show at the front desk, and they sent an employee to the room to check if there was any other bugs in the beds. He found other bugs in the bed, and when he lifted the beds I saw how Dirty it was under them! At this day, returning home, I began to scratch myself and also to have bugs bites in my body, (because I changed bed with my daughter).

Arriving to my country we went straight to the dermatologist. I showed her the bug photo, and she prescribed us a cream/medicine, which was not cheap. I am very angry of paying to stay in a dirty room with bugs. This was wrong! The hotel was wrong it us! They must give our money back and also the amount that I spent with the medicine. We spent 14 days in a insanitary room!!!!! The bug was biting her every day (walking all over her body during her sleep!!!!!). This is unacceptable!!!! This room was not really cleaned! When I left the hotel I was so stunned that I couldn't react!

My wallet was turned in to the front desk and I was notified. I asked the front desk clerk a few questions in which her reply was "I was too busy, I can't remember". I called the local police who questioned the clerk and suddenly she remembered everything. Before the police arrived, I asked her if I could speak to the GO or her manager and a lady said she was it. Sounds great except when the officer asked the clerk to see the manager, she said she wasn't there. The person who addressed me was the manager over housekeeping not the clerk's manager as she misled me to believe. I was so disappointed that the customer service was awful, so awful that they were rude and disrespectful. Customer Service training is most certainly a must at least for those employees. Before I end, I commend the actual GO for her kind, persistent, and professional handling of this situation.

In October we bought a second week at Vistana. Since we are older peoples we offer our son to join us and he paid for it. At the time we bought my wife and I were with the sale person (Victor **) and my son was on the phone. When I received the deed my son's name do not figure on it! I will like this to be corrected.

The valet parking service contracted by the Columbia Sheraton Downtown Hotel was responsible for the theft of over $500 worth of clothing locked in the trunk of our rental car. Police inspection concluded that there was no breaking and entering so that the only way theft could have occurred was if the valet parker left the car open or was involved with the theft himself. The hotel only provided $100 credit and the hotel owner did not respond to a request for more reasonable amends.

It started with our family of four being put in a single room with one queen bed. When we asked to be put in the double we reserved, we were placed in a room where the lights did not work. Of course, we did not know they did not work because it was daytime when we checked in. They rigged the lights but in the middle of the night, the toilet clogged up and overflowed. When I called downstairs, I was told by the acting manager that engineering would be here in the morning. After a stern lecture, they sent a man with a plunger. No one came to clean it up so we used the towels and my husband and son washed in the messy bathroom with feces in the corner. I will have to use the same towel before my meeting. I am completely disgusted with this hotel chain!

On 6/14/13, my son's High School football team was visiting San Diego for two days and one night, approximately 42 people renting 19 rooms at the Sheraton Four Points. That afternoon, we had a foursome playing golf on a course that has no protection (netting) for the cars in the parking lot that is next to the fairway. A car window was broken and reported to the front desk. The owner of the car happened to be an employee. She was very upset and demanded money, 650 dollars. When the young man that broke the window said he didn't have that kind of money, she went into a rage. He gave her his parents' phone number and left. She proceeded to approach the young man again by the pool when I intervened and told her she had all the info she needed and asked her to leave and let insurance handle it.

One hour later, at 7:30 pm with only 10 of us around the pool, the manager decided she needed to come out to harass us and said she had a complaint of noise. She did not speak to anyone else around the pool. Then at around 8:30 pm, the bathroom at the pool side flooded where I almost fell when going into it. I went to the front desk to let them know and the man I spoke to said he was out there just 10 minutes ago and he doubted it was flooded. When asked if he thought I was lying, he just laughed. At 9:45, the manager again came outside to inform us that the pool closed at 10:00 pm which we left the poolside at 10:00 pm. The thing that is amazing is that another group of people came out to the pool around 11:00 pm and we're not asked to leave until I complained at 1:15 am. I will never stay in any Sheraton Hotel again!

The assistant manager on 3/4/13 6pm was very rude and when was called for his attention did not respond politely. He made discriminating comments about me and my family. He told us to go back to our country! I felt very disrespected! He should not be able to work being this is a hotel that many different races come from! Thank you.

"Sheraton University City Hotel", Philadelphia PA - It’s unbelievable that a human being will act with little respect and courtesy. On Feb 15-17, my spouse and I stayed at this dump of a hotel. The staff was rude. I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. So much occurred l don't know how to begin. When checking in, the gentleman at the front desk failed to explain thoroughly all the amenities and incentives of the guest hotel room. He simply handed the room card and valet parking card to us and sent us on our way. The lobby elevators to the room failed to digitally show the number eight on the screen inside the elevator. There were teenagers playing on the elevator. We were sent to a dusty room; the carpet was filthy and the room was half cleaned. There were no extra bed linen, no extra bath towels, and there was one 16oz bottle of Poland Spring water.

This happened at the Sheraton, a prestigious hotel. Room service was mediocre but the food was good, because my spouse and l were hungry. My husband suffers from dry skin so the next day he woke up itching. Later on when we arrived home, he had red spots on his skin. I am assuming there are bedbugs there or he is allergic to the cleaning detergents they wash their linen in, but I found used soap in the shower holder dispenser next to the shampoo and conditioner bottle. The bed was king sized but uncomfortable. The channels on the television were horrible that had movies you could rent for a fee. There were more porn movies than anything. Horrible.

The following day we ordered room service. Why would the food service attendant deliver Cesar salad dressing unwrapped in a dish and two glasses of water wrapped in Saran Wrap? That was not at all proper. Food service people waited on a tip even though there was an eighteen-dollar fee plus three dollars. When we called on Friday night to have the food cart removed, there was no answer at food services or guest services. We began calling at midnight and we are nighthawks. We stopped calling at about three am so for a good three hours, no one was in the hotel downstairs. Absolutely ridiculous. Sunday was check out, the computers were down so the guest service attendant had an attitude. She informed us there was no way we could get a bill. Huh? Are you serious? The Sheraton? Really? She had an 8/10 loose leaf paper where she had customers name and email addresses on. We live in a time of identity theft and that’s how a customer was treated on a loose leaf with your name and email address. We were told they will promptly send us an email once the computers were back on,

I never received an email until I telephoned the hotel six hours later. Another rude guest service person answered the phone stating she would send an email promptly. I called the hotel again asking for an itemized bill. She said I would have to call accounting on Tuesday. She hung up the phone. I called again to ask her if she was stupid or just rude? She hung up again. I called again to ask to speak with a manager. l received no hold or anything. l continued saying “Hello, hello” and lo and behold, it was the manager’s answering machine asking one to leave a detailed oriented message. l did and have yet to hear a reply. Sheraton? Why? Who are these people in this hotel you hired? I stayed at Sheraton hotels throughout the globe, but after this experience, l doubt l will make this mistake.

I originally booked a stay at Sheraton Universal hotel Los Angeles from Jan. 17, 2013 - Jan. 21, 2013. The front desk staff presented me with very poor customer service and rudeness upon check-in. I felt very uncomfortable to stay at this hotel. After staying one night, I decided to check out of this hotel and stay somewhere else. I checked out on Jan. 18, 2013 with a front desk agent. I paid cash at checkout for my night stay along with parking fees. Although a credit card was needed at check-in for pre-authorization, I decided to pay cash as I do at all hotels when I travel. It usually takes up to 3 business days for monies to be refunded back to my credit card. I have been fighting to get my money that was pre-authorized for my stay at the Sheraton. I have not had any cooperation with the accounting department or customer service. I have a receipt showing my payment at checkout, but still they billed my credit card and have failed to refund $298.00 back to my card. I have left several messages with the accounting department and also documented messages with customer service. I was told my file was closed.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Sheraton brand began in the 1930s and now has nearly 450 locations across the globe. Sheraton is one of the 11 brands owned by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, which was acquired by Marriott in April 2016. All Sheraton properties fall into the luxury and upper-upscale full service category.

• Starwood rewards: Travelers can become Starwood Preferred Guests (SPG) for free and earn Starpoints, which they can use for free stay at one of Starwood’s 11 brands, include Sheraton, aLoft, W and Westin. SPG members also get extra perks, like free in-room Internet.
  • Baseball: Sheraton is the official hotel of Major League Baseball. Guests can watch the MLB Network, which includes live games as well as unique content like MLB Tonight, and they also have access to MLB.TV Premium to watch even more games. SPG members can spend Starpoints on game tickets.
  • Diversity: Starwood’s global initiatives include making sure it has a diverse workforce. In the United States, the company has partnered with colleges and universities to recruit minority employees and actively recruits military veterans. Their Advancement of Female Talent program aims to ensure an even gender balance at all levels of the industry.
  • Dining: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts have full service restaurants and room service. Their menus have been designed so that their dining options pair well with one of their available wines or seasonal craft beers.
  • Updates: Starwood is in the process of implementing an extensive plan to update and renew the Sheraton experience. Known as Sheraton 2020, the upgrades so far include a new bar menu and a variety of special offers.
  • Best for Sheraton Hotels and Resorts cater to business and solo travelers, adults and retirees who are looking for a luxury hotel experience.

Compare Hotel Brands