1.58/5
Based on 113 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

165 Sheraton Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I was at the convention at the Georgetown Texas over the weekend, and I have some good things to say and one bad thing. Good beds, staff, cleanliness. BAD THING: FOOD, breakfast the so called scrambled eggs were not hot, none of the meals were hot. Last night which was the 27th we had something on a plate that looked like someone had used the bathroom on the plate, noodles were cold. All in all the food was not even good enough to feed a hog. You pay a high price and you get food like that, I had better food on the cruise ship.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have stayed at the hotel many times and the last time the front desk attendant named Nikki from the Sheraton Uptown in Albuquerque was very rude and bitter. She had a terrible attitude and made our stay there very uncomfortable!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My family and I stayed at this hotel during the July 4th week. My husband noticed bite marks after sleeping there night one. Assuming it was mosquitoes (because it was 97 degrees in Boston that week), we continued with our vacation. Fast forward, three drs visits and an exterminator inspection, we learned we had bed bugs from the hotel. The hotel has denied our claim for compensation for the bed bug remediation stating the 3 weeks it took us to ascertain the cause of the bites relinquishes them of any wrongdoing. Do don’t stay here. Ever. And, if for some reason you like spending thousands of dollars on bed bug remediation, if you feel so much as an itch, call their management department immediately.

Original review: July 15, 2018

My daughter was getting married in June 2018, the only hotel in the area was Four Points Sheraton on Roosevelt Blvd. Being the planner I am I decided to book my rooms early. I booked 4 of my reservations via Expedia. In February when browsing through Expedia I booked a Deluxe room for Thursday evening for my mom of 79 years young. Then in April I booked my reservation and my daughter's reservation for the same type room (Deluxe Room) the photos on the website at the time were showing a King size bed with a little living area on the other side of room with bathroom, this what the photos were advertising at my time of booking.

Upon arriving at the hotel checking in this was not room I received for this reservation or any of my reservations. Four Points stated that Expedia had the incorrect photos online and was false advertising and the photos were replaced when I arrived at the hotel. Four points stated the photos that were previously show was a Jr Suite and cost $1000. I thought to myself am I in Dubai or tropical island? I was then told the room was unavailable. Knowing our other guests were to be checking in next day this was not a very good start. I can go and on. What a nightmare. The rooms are terrible, there was construction going on right by the elevators. The website stated the pool was open. No it was not.

I heard other guests wanted to be moved to a different hotel due to all the inconveniences. This hotel receives vouchers from the state to house overflow of people on section 8. People begging for money and food. I requested to see this so call $1000 room. There were big cobwebs hanging from the inside window, cracks in the tile and leaky air conditioner. I think I and my guests of about 40 people were misleaded and cheated. I would like some sort of refund from Expedia/Starwood. I have more photos to share once located. I wouldn’t mind a legitimate lawyer to contact me.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I stayed at the Sheraton New York Times Square with my wife and 2 kids on June 28 2018 to July 7th 2018. We had multiple problems with the hotel. First our bathroom sink was leaking and damaged my wife's curling iron including personal toiletries. The second item on the list was the iron was damaged. The bottom had a sticky substance melted on the iron. We requested a mini fridge to keep my infant food and the mini fridge had a foul stench. The sheets was damaged by the iron, housekeeping did a poor job of maintaining our room. Customer service needs to improve on how to handle customer's needs! It was a horrible experience. I will never stay at the Sheraton hotel. I request a full refund. Here is my reservation **. My wife's name is Marienne **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sheraton Hotels?

Original review: July 9, 2018

I stayed in the Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando Florida. Upon checking into the hotel I denied housekeeping because I don’t like people coming into my room while I’m staying at a hotel. I checked in on a Monday and checked out on a Friday of the same week. I checked out between 9-9:15 am on Friday morning because I was meeting the bus at Publix for a free ride to Bush Garden. When I got to Bush Garden at 11:00 my fiancé realized he had left his wallet in the nightstand at the room. I immediately called Sheraton and told them exactly where the wallet was in the room and what room I was it. She told me she would send security to the room and call me back. I never heard back from her through out the day. When the bus picked up back up from Bush Garden and took us back to our cars, soon as I got in my car I called back to the hotel as I drove to the hotel.

The security officer I was talking to on the phone told me they never got a report to check the room and that they would let me in the room. When I got in the room, the room had already been cleaned by housekeeping and my wallet was gone! They say the wallet was never turned in. I had to file a report and the next day the lady I spoke to emailed me apologizing for never calling me back the day before but said the wallet wasn’t in the room, which is a lie. Between the woman I spoke to, security and housekeeping they took $220 from him and all his important information that he needed was in that wallet. I had to file a online police report that might not get me very far but it was worth a try.

We had drove 9 hours to get to Orlando and stayed somewhere we thought we would be safe and trust the people! I went to a presentation at the hotel and I’m so glad I didn’t buy into the timeshare cause I would be really pissed right now to be done bought into a untrustworthy chain of people! This type of act gives a very bad name to a business. I’m a human resource manager and no one have tried to reach out to me to resolve this problem! All credit cards had to be canceled, social security card, birth certificate and other important documents I’m still waiting on to be replaced! $220 in cash I feel the hotel should’ve replaced considering someone from their staff took his wallet!

Original review: July 8, 2018

Upon check-in at SHERATON GUILDFORD BC CANADA we were greeted by an UNFRIENDLY female staff member who checked us in, gave our room key cards to us and did NOT advise us of our room number nor which floor, room or where the lifts are located and just walked off. Next unfortunate event to occur is that of the open gate leading into the secure parking lot, which we pay money each night to securely park our car in. The gate was WIDE open when we arrived at 3am, with a homeless man walking through, INSIDE the hotel's property with no sign of any security or management in sight. For this, we DID NOT FEEL SAFE within this hotel.

To make matters worse, we arrived at the parking lot gate at 11:24pm. We buzzed the hotel staff through the intercom in which we gave in our details and they began opening the gate, and we proceeded through. HOWEVER, before we could completely drive in our car through the open gate, it CLOSED HALF-WAY and HIT THE TOP OF OUR RENTED CAR which then SNAPPED off the metal antenna from the top of the car and DAMAGING it. We have been driving into this parking lot and doing the same process for the last three nights without any incidents. For some reason on this night, whomever the hotel staff was, they decided to close the gate VERY quickly before we could enter the parking lot.

We then stopped our car instantly and buzzed the intercom to request a manager to come deal with this situation. When the manager arrived, by the name of KENNETH ** who had EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, approached us with a very CONDESCENDING ATTITUDE. We were very distressed for what just happened, and we explained the situation and he had no remorse, or empathy and proceeded to talk down to us. He kept INSULTING me, saying to stop speaking to him in that manner, however we did not lose our temper, we were merely distressed about the situation. He also kept trying to prove that you can glue the antenna back on to the car and not taking any responsibility for what happened.

We then went to the lobby and requested for him to fill in an incident report in which he kept declining. We stressed to him to he needs to do this right now while it is still fresh. We then called in our Canadian relative whom saw the condescending attitude the manager had towards us and he also was very rude towards our relative. He went into my relative's PERSONAL SPACE, in a THREATENING manner and kept prodding into my relative that he was “wasting both his own and the police’s time” when it came to filing a report, when that was the protocol which was given to us by Starwood Corporate themselves when we called them.

As I was on the phone with the local police station, he asked us “oh, are you going back to India soon” even though we have VERY distinct Aussie accents. This sly RACIST comment was very PATRONIZING and just downright unnecessary and UNPROFESSIONAL regarding the situation. Also, throughout the entire time he kept saying “do you need some complimentary water so you can calm down.” We kept turning it down and he continued to shove this ‘complimentary water’ down our throats as if that was going to solve his TERRIBLE behaviour and situation. And, he kept reflecting that the manager in the morning will deal with this. Overall, this has been the RUDEST and MOST UGLY experience we have had throughout the entirety of our travels around the world.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Hotel stay at Sheraton Kona HI - CUSTOMER service horrible. Hundreds of tiny white bugs were on luggage that bell hop had stored for us. Arrived 6/24/2018 for birthday celebration with other guest. Gave us a king size room for 3 guest. Asked to use hospitality room since we had a late flight. Gave us the room for 40 minutes and no other people had requested room. Would not let us stay in room longer. Definitely not an upscale resort. No good amenities. Very far. Not close to anything. Will never stay at a Sheraton/Marriott again.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I was booked at the airport Sheridan in Milan, Italy because I had a flight out early the next morning. When I got there the staff at the front desk told me that the reservation had been cancelled. This was a lie. I was forced to make other much less desirable emergency arrangements. I think that Sheraton Hotels has taken a page from the playbook of the airlines and is overbooking their hotels. They give the available rooms on a first-come first-served basis to the earliest-arriving customers and lie to the later arrivals and tell them that someone ("possibly your travel agent") has cancelled their reservation. I will never stay at a Sheraton again.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I paid to use 2nd top room type for 4 days. I have at hotel previous. First stay 12 months previous, all good. 2nd stay, a phone call was put thru to customer at 11.45 pm. Person claimed he was a Sheraton employee, woke up customer, threatened her with bodily harm if she didn't get out to the group tour at 8 am in the morning. Group tour was booked and paid for by me, on booking sheet it has pickup time between 8.30 am and 9 am. I have the booking form as proof of booking time.

Anonymous phone call was put thru at 11.45 pm, they went thru hotel switchboard, who got told it was an "emergency". I personally have 2 mobile phones on me at all times. One work, one personal. I run a multi-million dollar company. Staff member gave out personal details to outside person. Sheraton MOE rules state no phone calls after 9 pm. So why did they put this call thru? Break their own rules. Anonymous person claims it was an emergency. I live in suburbia Melbourne Australia, staying in Sheraton hotel in Dubai. If it was an emergency related to my family or work, don't you think they would have rang on either of the 2 mobiles I had on me? Manager of hotel has done anything possible to discredit the customer.

The Sheraton Hotel Emirates mall cannot apologise for putting a call thru on the room landline at 11.45 pm. They claim, as a paying customer, I should not have answered the phone. The person who put the call thru, broke rules, and the customer is blamed. The person who spoke to the paying guest, threatened to do bodily harm to her if she didn't leave the room by 8 am. Hotel response... I should do as the threatening person says. Customer did not get to use the bed in the room the rest of the night, due to fears of being beaten up by anonymous caller. Customers fault according to hotel, she should not have been asleep when call came thru.

Hotel will blame the customer. But guess what, maybe the Sheraton Emirates mall should take responsibility for their staff ups on this occasion, APOLOGISE to the customer, for all the mistakes their staff did, and refund 1 nights accommodation back to the customer. She paid for 4, only used the bed for 3 due to the staff mistakes. As a result, the customer will never step foot ever again in UAE, nor Dubai.

I am a wealthy woman, can you continually upset wealthy people? There is more points to this story, all of which show the management of Sheraton MOE to be very unprofessional. My life was threatened over the phone by someone, and they will again try and blame the sleeping customer for just picking up the phone. I value my safety, but the Sheraton Emirates mall, took my privacy, and let an unknown person threaten me. So why would I ever go back to see if the anonymous person will follow thru with his threat of beating me to a pulp if I didn't leave the hotel by 8 am. Common sense tells me not put my life in jeopardy. There is more to the story, and I guarantee, the Sheraton will blame me somehow for their mistakes.

Original review: April 6, 2018

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Aside from the keys constantly deactivating and having to pay to sit on the beach, the night before I was leaving I got a call from the front desk at 11 pm saying that my credit card wasn’t working and I had to come down and give them a new card. I explained that I had two small children with me and would give them my card Number over the phone and they said I had to come down and threatened to call the police if I didn’t. I have never been treated like this in my life in any hotel. I would stay far far away from this place. It should be shut down for a variety of reason. People are constantly complaining at the front desk.

Original review: March 12, 2018

After minutes of checking in I went to the room to leave my things. I only stayed there for about 10 minutes before leaving to go shopping. When I returned my card was deactivated so I had to go to the front desk to get it reactivated. When I got in my room I noticed someone had been in there because my bags had been moved and they threw my food away. I called the front desk and they reimbursed me for my food. However, I didn't realize they stole my clothes until the next day. Housekeeping entered my room after minutes of me checking in and stole 3 dresses and a top. I contacted the manager and they are giving me the runaround. This absolutely ridiculous... I am beyond pissed! I have never experienced such horrible service in my life!!!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I checked into the hotel (Sheraton Crescent) and found the accommodations less than satisfying, in fact I sent them an email the next day describing 8 issues that I had. I called the front desk the next morning to find out the penalty for early check out and the gal who answered said, "If you let us know by noon there will not be an issue." I called around 10:30 AM to say we were checking out and asked if I needed to do anything else and she assured me the call was sufficient. When I received my bill I was billed for three nights. I have called at least 5 times with no satisfaction and assured the billing department would call back to clear this up, they never did. A side note, I was traveling with my 90 year old mom as a special surprise for her birthday.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I checked in to the hotel with my newborn baby, the room temperature was very low. When I requested the staff to do something with that, from the front desk name Stevan asked me to leave the hotel if I don't like it. When I contacted the manager named Fancy she repeated the same things in more polite way. For me as frequent guest of Sheraton, was a shock to hear such treatment, and the way how these guys handled the issue. I was so disappointed by incompetence of the staff who supposed to provide excellent services as Sheraton chain claims such as "we go beyond and above to help you". I do not recommend to any foreigners to stay at the Sheraton Surrey BC, Canada.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I was told I couldn’t cancel my reservations (Sheraton Tribeca) after my business trip to NYC was cancelled due to multiple flight delays, causing me to miss a business meeting. Mairovi ** told me if I provided proof she would not charge me. She lied! She charged me anyway. Shame on Ms. ** and shame on Sheraton.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I received notice for a booking I did not make. I called the hotel, and they assured me a 24 hour response. Nothing happened. Called again and they assured me that there was nothing they could do on my end since the reservation was made through booking.com. Are you kidding me? The hotel has no power over its own bookings and reservations? They also hung up on me. Between that and lying about calling me back and dealing with the issue? I'll never book a Sheraton that's for sure.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I stayed at the Sheraton Atlantic City convention center in October for two nights. I was issued a refund of $160 which the woman at the front desk told me was owed to me. I was later credited on my debit card for That amount. The hotel was so-so. The toilet or bathtub had a leak. Something was leaking in that bathroom. The beds and room was not cleaned properly by room service. Two months later they took $160 off my card. No reason.

That was some of my rent money and they didn’t even bother to say sorry when I called the woman. I think her name was Danielle. Got rude with me and told me it was not the hotel’s fault they Had a credit card malfunction and they just took what was never owed to me. I was so frustrated I cried. I will never stay at the Sheraton again. I was a paying customer and I got treated like crap and my card is being charged at random with no rhyme or reason. Beware. Stay away. Who knows when they will charge your card whenever their system is malfunctioning. Took my rent money! Right before Christmas???

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Checking in their Niagara Falls, Canada branch was good. Beds are very comfortable. Would let daughter/friends stay in valet parking to eat breakfast after checked out for one hour but when I went I did. However, daughter found bug on pillow. Also, no fridge which is useful to have esp at 125$ night.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Amenities were plentiful at Sheraton Hotels, Las Vegas, Nevada. View extraordinary, always wanted to stay at locale. Price was fairly reasonable considering located on the strip. Food inside of facility was great.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We go to Shipshewana at least 1 time per year, and we always stay at this one hotel, because the price is right for us, and we like it because it is nice and clean, and we can park right in front of our door and not steps for us.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Upon arrival checking in at Sheraton Hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico was pleasant and quick. Entering our room I'm big on smells and the room had a nice fresh scent not like the normal hotel. Linens had a fresh scent as well and were Egyptian satin. Very nice. Would definitely stay again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Atlanta, GA, Fulton - Room was clean, beds were comfortable, breakfast was fresh & tasteful. The staff courtesy and helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much. Pool was clean. I like that.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Rooms needs updating, but beds are very comfortable and staff accommodating. If you are a platinum club member you are allowed access to the spa club lounge. Gold members can get access for a fee or an upgrade can be provided using your points. Very close to Broadway theaters, Times Square and restaurants.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I had a friendly, clean, wonderful experience at Sheraton Hotels in Salt Lake City, Utah. It's very comfortable, easy to fall asleep. Nice affordable snacks and drinks in room. Staff very helpful and knowledgeable in area facilities and directions.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Customer service at Anaheim was great. We were greeted upon arrival. Parking fees were high. Staff was friendly. Experienced difficulty exiting the parking lot, had to find someone to let us out. That was a major inconvenience considering I was trying to get to the airport at 4 am.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

When I checked in I was asked to swipe my card and was told that it was for any incidental charges. I checked my card balance only to find that $50 per room, which was two, had been deducted from my balance. There was construction going on the floor above us which began before 7:00 AM. I informed the front desk and was told if it happened the next morning to contact the front desk, which I did. Nothing happened. The banging and sawing continued. The third morning it began before 7:00 AM. The towels and bath mat were dirty. I called down to the front desk for coffee supplies and was told they didn't have any. I have traveled many times staying at many hotels and have never experienced anything like this. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and I would be glad to tell them why.

Since the hotel knew construction was going on, I should have been told that at check-in. I work a second job just so I can trips to exciting places and although I have been to New Orleans before my hotel and overall experience was very pleasurable. We wanted to stay closer to the French Quarters so I booked at your hotel. Such a mistake. My daughter was smoking out on the balcony and the lady in the next room called security who came to our room inquiring if this was true. If she was smoking in the room, the detector would have sounded the alarm. Her balcony door was open. All in all this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had and am very sorry your pictures and hotel information is so far from we experienced. When I reported to the front desk manager he said that because I prepaid for the rooms, there wasn't much he could do except give me points on a membership to SPG which I told him I didn't have.

I am not a happy customer and I don't imagine corporate will even contact me, but at least I have voiced my disappointment with my experience at your hotel. My daughter and I stayed in room 409. The other room 441 was used by my grandchildren. I will be visiting New Orleans again but will not be staying at your hotel. Thank you for making my stay at your hotel the worst experience I have had. There are too many places to stay at, and I hope people chose somewhere else to stay and not at your hotel. I feel like compensation is owed to me, but that won't happen any more than you're going to do anything but maybe send a generic response. Sorry I stayed there... Surely won't happen again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

My stay was on my wedding night. There was a bottle of champagne chilling in the room and we were treated to breakfast the next morning. I would recommend this to anyone for their wedding night stay. They were absolutely fabulous.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I, along with my family, visited Agra to see one of the 7 wonders of the world, Taj Mahal. We selected to stay at Four Point at Sheraton Agra. (Biggest mistake of my life). I usually use my American Express when we travel internationally as family. I booked the room online. We took a train from Delhi to Agra and checked in to this hotel. I was asked to pay for early check in, fair enough, I paid about $175 for early check-in. The rooms were crappy, the room didn't open with the card. After 4 tries they changed the room. With 2 little kids we moved to this new room at 9 pm at night.

Next morning around 5 am, someone knocked the door, I was half asleep, opened the door and 4 people holding revolvers entered our room. To the horror of my family, they were demanding money, jewelry, anything valuable we had. I told them take anything and everything but please don't harm us and our children. They searched everything in our luggage. Took my wallet, I had about $800 in my wallet with some Indian currency. They took my son's DSI, our cell phones, laptop, just leaving our clothes. After this incident we called the front desk and ask them to call the cops. They said they don't see anything on the cameras and nothing ever is recorded. They never called the police.

We were so scared we went outside the hotel took the cab standing there and went to the train station. We had no money to give to cab driver. We called the cab company and gave the credit card number to charge. We went inside the train station bought the tickets to New Delhi with the credit card my wife had. After we reached New Delhi we realized what kind of phase we just passed. Sheraton charged us for days we didn't stay. I am just glad no physical harm was done to us. I just want to warn any US or western tourist visiting Agra to be aware of this loot and not be victim of it like we were. We probably lost around $2000 altogether but we are glad we all are alive.

Bottom line: This hotel carries the name of Sheraton but they passes your information as US or foreign tourist to gangs. And literally help them loot you. In a foreign land you are helpless, they loot you, hurt you, ** you etc. Thank God we just lost money and nothing else happened to us except for emotional trauma. I wonder how many incidents like this happens every day at this Four Points at Sheraton, Agra and gets not reported. I am sure everyone gets a share in the loot. If Sheraton corporate in US have any control of this hotel I am sure they want to re-consider the affiliation. We trust the name Sheraton and that's the biggest mistake we make.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I believe Sheraton Corporation needs to change their value statement: "At Sheraton we are committed to going above and beyond to ensure you have the best stay possible. Our associates are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of service, be that grand gestures or thoughtful small touches. We go beyond so you can too."

This is so not true. I had reservations for a one night stay ($400) at the Sheraton Old San Juan. Our flight from New York to San Juan, PR was canceled at the last minute. There were no other flights out that night. We were booked out the next day. I called the Sheraton Old San Juan and told them of my problem and to cancel the reservation. The person I talked to (my error not getting her name) said she would take care of us. Upon returning home after our vacation. I contacted the hotel and was told since I made the reservation through a third party there was nothing they could do. To make my reservation in the first place, I called the phone number listed on the Sheraton Old San Juan web page. I had no idea I was dealing with a third party! Anyway, the "third party" said they couldn't do anything unless the hotel would waive the expense and ok the refund.

After contacting the Sheraton Old San Juan AND Corporate they said they would look into it. That I would hear back in 5-7 business days. I finally heard back from the "third party" and they said they were unable to give me a refund since the hotel did not send them a waiver. This is so discouraging - $400 is a lot of money to throw away. Why should the hotel make money this way. You would think they have enough business that they can refund the amount when it was not our fault at all. I have a very bad taste in my mouth toward the Sheraton Corporation. Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Booked a room at the Four Points Sheraton, Sacramento Airport a month early through Expedia. The record shows a standard double (king requested). Called and confirmed this two nights before check in on 9 Aug. When I arrived, they claimed that I had a handicapped room booked (accessible) and would not change it. That's when things went downhill. I personally stood there and watched the clerk put the Expedia rep on hold and walk away three times. I observed that same clerk take a coffee break while Expedia was on hold while, naturally, I was on hold. We stood in the hot lobby for almost an hour while they played games with Expedia. While they blamed each other for the screw up, we suffered.

Played the same game in the morning at check out. The manager was conveniently not around and refused to call or talk to me. The room itself was a parody of an "accessible room". The door bell was so high pitched that it sounded like a smoke alarm. (No shutoff), toilet ran all night, had a sliding barn door to the bathroom that a person in a wheelchair or elderly person could not use, shower chair was used for towel storage, no refrigerator (handicapped people need to refrigerate some medications), tiny TV (Granny, where are my TV glasses), and the list goes on.

Breakfast was $11 and equivalent the free one at the Hampton Inn up the road. This hotel is isolated from the big cluster of hotels and restaurants across the road. The customer service here gives "polite insolence" a new meaning. It could probably be an OK place if they could get some management in there that cared about the customers. If Sheraton had any "attaboys", this one stay wiped them out.

Sheraton Hotels expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Sheraton brand began in the 1930s and now has nearly 450 locations across the globe. Sheraton is one of the 11 brands owned by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, which was acquired by Marriott in April 2016. All Sheraton properties fall into the luxury and upper-upscale full service category.

• Starwood rewards: Travelers can become Starwood Preferred Guests (SPG) for free and earn Starpoints, which they can use for free stay at one of Starwood’s 11 brands, include Sheraton, aLoft, W and Westin. SPG members also get extra perks, like free in-room Internet.

• Baseball: Sheraton is the official hotel of Major League Baseball. Guests can watch the MLB Network, which includes live games as well as unique content like MLB Tonight, and they also have access to MLB.TV Premium to watch even more games. SPG members can spend Starpoints on game tickets.

• Diversity: Starwood’s global initiatives include making sure it has a diverse workforce. In the United States, the company has partnered with colleges and universities to recruit minority employees and actively recruits military veterans. Their Advancement of Female Talent program aims to ensure an even gender balance at all levels of the industry.

• Dining: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts have full service restaurants and room service. Their menus have been designed so that their dining options pair well with one of their available wines or seasonal craft beers.

• Updates: Starwood is in the process of implementing an extensive plan to update and renew the Sheraton experience. Known as Sheraton 2020, the upgrades so far include a new bar menu and a variety of special offers.

• Best for: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts cater to business and solo travelers, adults and retirees who are looking for a luxury hotel experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs