1.65/5

171 Sheraton Hotels Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 18, 2019

Stayed here before and loved it, the staff are Professional, courteous and responsive. This hotel offers "Smoking rooms" in special floors, you can imagine they sell out fast, in spite of me having booked a non smoking room the staff were kind enough to find me a suite, yes that's right, a "smoking" suite, so sweet of them, so it seems that it was available for the duration of my stay (2 days). It maybe a good idea to consider remaining calm when faced with unexpected circumstances (like accidentally booking a non-smoking room) and appreciating that the staff ALWAYS do their best, therefore, I always offer kindly response, so here's an invitation to be willing show appreciation, and ask for what you need.

Other reasons for the rating, are: Clean rooms, VERY Reasonable price, close (literally 2 or 3 blocks) away from a pharmacy, hair dressers, and huge shopping mall ABC, with coffee shops, open spaces, restaurants, cinemas. Also a close to the shoreline promenade to take a stroll, or a nice jog, any time. Also close to Hamra famous district, just a wonderful location.

Original review: June 12, 2019

The Sheraton Four Points is a very nice hotel. It is very convenient to Los Angeles International Airport. If you are planning an overnight stay this is the place we recommend. The room was very nice and well appointed. The hotel offers free schedule service to and from the airport. We will stay at this hotel whenever we fly into or out of LAX.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The staff were very helpful and professional, they were there whenever you needed them. The rooms were better than the most expensive hotels. The grounds were very convenient to other locations. Their balcony rooms were convenient with overall privacy.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I made a reservation in this hotel for one day, in its own website, using my credit card. The card was and still is working perfectly, but as I arrived at the hotel to check in they told me it was declined. My mother used two of her cards, that she was also using regularly (and still is) and they were declined! Their system obviously has some problem, but what happened was they denied my check in with a valid reservation, and even though I offered to pay it in money!!! It is an absurd! I talked to the guy making the check in and asked him to allow me to talk to who is in charge, he answered, "I am the supervisor".

However, before we left the hotel, at the lobby, he reached out and said the manager "allowed us", as if it was a great favor, to pay in money and check in, leaving extra 50 dollars as a security deposit they would return afterwards. I am deeply disappointed with the treatment they gave us, considering it is a Sheraton and we expected way better than this. There is no breakfast included (and even if you pay you will get nothing more than TGI's menu). The pool area is not as nice as the pictures show (way smaller pool). They advertise you get 80 dollars credit in the casino by making the reservation, but it is actually 15 as you get there, without actually paying. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My family was trying to book 10+ rooms for our family reunion vacation. My brother Lonnie and I was on three way phone calls and he left numerous messages for sales manager to call - no response - and call front desk manager and she appeared to be aggravated by my repeated phone calls. I think they are very unprofessional, and I will no longer be calling them. If this is the treatment that certain ethnic groups received I can imagine how we would have been treated during our stay. They didn't deserve that one star. It's been since January 15 and still not a returned phone call. I will be posting this review on several sites. Also read the reviews first.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sheraton Hotels?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I was promised that the concierge level would have their own restaurant that offered coffee and a light breakfast. Upon waking I went and found that there was nothing but old oranges that grew mold, a coffee machine that was not working. I went down to the desk to find out that they were not open on weekends. When I made the reservations they did not tell me this. After seeing the soil sheets I brought it to The hotel managers attention wherein he advised I would get a refund. It has been well over 3 1/2 weeks and I still have not heard or received a refund. I would never stay Here again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I was at the convention at the Georgetown Texas over the weekend, and I have some good things to say and one bad thing. Good beds, staff, cleanliness. BAD THING: FOOD, breakfast the so called scrambled eggs were not hot, none of the meals were hot. Last night which was the 27th we had something on a plate that looked like someone had used the bathroom on the plate, noodles were cold. All in all the food was not even good enough to feed a hog. You pay a high price and you get food like that, I had better food on the cruise ship.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have stayed at the hotel many times and the last time the front desk attendant named Nikki from the Sheraton Uptown in Albuquerque was very rude and bitter. She had a terrible attitude and made our stay there very uncomfortable!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My family and I stayed at this hotel during the July 4th week. My husband noticed bite marks after sleeping there night one. Assuming it was mosquitoes (because it was 97 degrees in Boston that week), we continued with our vacation. Fast forward, three drs visits and an exterminator inspection, we learned we had bed bugs from the hotel. The hotel has denied our claim for compensation for the bed bug remediation stating the 3 weeks it took us to ascertain the cause of the bites relinquishes them of any wrongdoing. Do don’t stay here. Ever. And, if for some reason you like spending thousands of dollars on bed bug remediation, if you feel so much as an itch, call their management department immediately.

Original review: July 15, 2018

My daughter was getting married in June 2018, the only hotel in the area was Four Points Sheraton on Roosevelt Blvd. Being the planner I am I decided to book my rooms early. I booked 4 of my reservations via Expedia. In February when browsing through Expedia I booked a Deluxe room for Thursday evening for my mom of 79 years young. Then in April I booked my reservation and my daughter's reservation for the same type room (Deluxe Room) the photos on the website at the time were showing a King size bed with a little living area on the other side of room with bathroom, this what the photos were advertising at my time of booking.

Upon arriving at the hotel checking in this was not room I received for this reservation or any of my reservations. Four Points stated that Expedia had the incorrect photos online and was false advertising and the photos were replaced when I arrived at the hotel. Four points stated the photos that were previously show was a Jr Suite and cost $1000. I thought to myself am I in Dubai or tropical island? I was then told the room was unavailable. Knowing our other guests were to be checking in next day this was not a very good start. I can go and on. What a nightmare. The rooms are terrible, there was construction going on right by the elevators. The website stated the pool was open. No it was not.

I heard other guests wanted to be moved to a different hotel due to all the inconveniences. This hotel receives vouchers from the state to house overflow of people on section 8. People begging for money and food. I requested to see this so call $1000 room. There were big cobwebs hanging from the inside window, cracks in the tile and leaky air conditioner. I think I and my guests of about 40 people were misleaded and cheated. I would like some sort of refund from Expedia/Starwood. I have more photos to share once located. I wouldn’t mind a legitimate lawyer to contact me.

Sheraton Hotels expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Sheraton brand began in the 1930s and now has nearly 450 locations across the globe. Sheraton is one of the 11 brands owned by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, which was acquired by Marriott in April 2016. All Sheraton properties fall into the luxury and upper-upscale full service category.

• Starwood rewards: Travelers can become Starwood Preferred Guests (SPG) for free and earn Starpoints, which they can use for free stay at one of Starwood’s 11 brands, include Sheraton, aLoft, W and Westin. SPG members also get extra perks, like free in-room Internet.

• Baseball: Sheraton is the official hotel of Major League Baseball. Guests can watch the MLB Network, which includes live games as well as unique content like MLB Tonight, and they also have access to MLB.TV Premium to watch even more games. SPG members can spend Starpoints on game tickets.

• Diversity: Starwood’s global initiatives include making sure it has a diverse workforce. In the United States, the company has partnered with colleges and universities to recruit minority employees and actively recruits military veterans. Their Advancement of Female Talent program aims to ensure an even gender balance at all levels of the industry.

• Dining: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts have full service restaurants and room service. Their menus have been designed so that their dining options pair well with one of their available wines or seasonal craft beers.

• Updates: Starwood is in the process of implementing an extensive plan to update and renew the Sheraton experience. Known as Sheraton 2020, the upgrades so far include a new bar menu and a variety of special offers.

• Best for: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts cater to business and solo travelers, adults and retirees who are looking for a luxury hotel experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs