Sheraton Hotels

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I, along with my family, visited Agra to see one of the 7 wonders of the world, Taj Mahal. We selected to stay at Four Point at Sheraton Agra. (Biggest mistake of my life). I usually use my American Express when we travel internationally as family. I booked the room online. We took a train from Delhi to Agra and checked in to this hotel. I was asked to pay for early check in, fair enough, I paid about $175 for early check-in. The rooms were crappy, the room didn't open with the card. After 4 tries they changed the room. With 2 little kids we moved to this new room at 9 pm at night.

Next morning around 5 am, someone knocked the door, I was half asleep, opened the door and 4 people holding revolvers entered our room. To the horror of my family, they were demanding money, jewelry, anything valuable we had. I told them take anything and everything but please don't harm us and our children. They searched everything in our luggage. Took my wallet, I had about $800 in my wallet with some Indian currency. They took my son's DSI, our cell phones, laptop, just leaving our clothes. After this incident we called the front desk and ask them to call the cops. They said they don't see anything on the cameras and nothing ever is recorded. They never called the police.

We were so scared we went outside the hotel took the cab standing there and went to the train station. We had no money to give to cab driver. We called the cab company and gave the credit card number to charge. We went inside the train station bought the tickets to New Delhi with the credit card my wife had. After we reached New Delhi we realized what kind of phase we just passed. Sheraton charged us for days we didn't stay. I am just glad no physical harm was done to us. I just want to warn any US or western tourist visiting Agra to be aware of this loot and not be victim of it like we were. We probably lost around $2000 altogether but we are glad we all are alive.

Bottom line: This hotel carries the name of Sheraton but they passes your information as US or foreign tourist to gangs. And literally help them loot you. In a foreign land you are helpless, they loot you, hurt you, rape you etc. Thank God we just lost money and nothing else happened to us except for emotional trauma. I wonder how many incidents like this happens every day at this Four Points at Sheraton, Agra and gets not reported. I am sure everyone gets a share in the loot. If Sheraton corporate in US have any control of this hotel I am sure they want to re-consider the affiliation. We trust the name Sheraton and that's the biggest mistake we make.

I believe Sheraton Corporation needs to change their value statement: "At Sheraton we are committed to going above and beyond to ensure you have the best stay possible. Our associates are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of service, be that grand gestures or thoughtful small touches. We go beyond so you can too."

This is so not true. I had reservations for a one night stay ($400) at the Sheraton Old San Juan. Our flight from New York to San Juan, PR was canceled at the last minute. There were no other flights out that night. We were booked out the next day. I called the Sheraton Old San Juan and told them of my problem and to cancel the reservation. The person I talked to (my error not getting her name) said she would take care of us. Upon returning home after our vacation. I contacted the hotel and was told since I made the reservation through a third party there was nothing they could do. To make my reservation in the first place, I called the phone number listed on the Sheraton Old San Juan web page. I had no idea I was dealing with a third party! Anyway, the "third party" said they couldn't do anything unless the hotel would waive the expense and ok the refund.

After contacting the Sheraton Old San Juan AND Corporate they said they would look into it. That I would hear back in 5-7 business days. I finally heard back from the "third party" and they said they were unable to give me a refund since the hotel did not send them a waiver. This is so discouraging - $400 is a lot of money to throw away. Why should the hotel make money this way. You would think they have enough business that they can refund the amount when it was not our fault at all. I have a very bad taste in my mouth toward the Sheraton Corporation. Very disappointed.

Booked a room at the Four Points Sheraton, Sacramento Airport a month early through Expedia. The record shows a standard double (king requested). Called and confirmed this two nights before check in on 9 Aug. When I arrived, they claimed that I had a handicapped room booked (accessible) and would not change it. That's when things went downhill. I personally stood there and watched the clerk put the Expedia rep on hold and walk away three times. I observed that same clerk take a coffee break while Expedia was on hold while, naturally, I was on hold. We stood in the hot lobby for almost an hour while they played games with Expedia. While they blamed each other for the screw up, we suffered.

Played the same game in the morning at check out. The manager was conveniently not around and refused to call or talk to me. The room itself was a parody of an "accessible room". The door bell was so high pitched that it sounded like a smoke alarm. (No shutoff), toilet ran all night, had a sliding barn door to the bathroom that a person in a wheelchair or elderly person could not use, shower chair was used for towel storage, no refrigerator (handicapped people need to refrigerate some medications), tiny TV (Granny, where are my TV glasses), and the list goes on.

Breakfast was $11 and equivalent the free one at the Hampton Inn up the road. This hotel is isolated from the big cluster of hotels and restaurants across the road. The customer service here gives "polite insolence" a new meaning. It could probably be an OK place if they could get some management in there that cared about the customers. If Sheraton had any "attaboys", this one stay wiped them out.

I really don't know how to start! We used to live in Rhode Island, and I came back for vacation around the Fourth of July celebrations. We stayed on different hotels around Providence with wonderful memories in each of them. Since I am a member of Booking.com, I needed some hotel accommodations for several days, so we started to searched around and decided to book at the Providence Sheraton near the airport. We arrived there to the front desk, the staff were very helpful and we walked to the elevator to my room that was located at the third floor of the hotel. My first impression from the time I took the elevator toward the hallway was really painful. The rug was dirty, the wallpaper from the walls were peeling, some of the doors lack of the Sheraton sign, the doors are scratch with black lines. We arrived to the room and when we enter the room, the stinks of mold was something I never felt before.

My daughter who is a register nurse, told me that I couldn't stay there. We check the room and the filters of the air conditioner was full of dust. The shower have mold around the edges, the wallpaper was peeling from every angle of the room and the mirror had hand scratch. This room was pitiful that I almost started to cry. If you don't believe me I have a lot of photos that I can show or provide for further complaints or verification. I went to the front desk and I explained that the pictures that I saw in my phone wasn't the kind of place that I paid for. I explained and they changed my room to a better room, but the room was recently painted and the fumes were very strong, I understand that this hotel doesn't have the necessary windows for ventilation. Unfortunately I couldn't leave to other hotel because it was a prepay agreement for five days. But at least they offer Starbucks coffee that is my favorite.

Some of the floors still doing some renovations, but whoever is doing this work is terrible, if you look, the paint is cheap, some of the furniture still the same with scratches all over, the finishes of the bathroom are poor done, well I don't think it will last for long. I hope they change the carpet that is old and really disgusting and distasteful. The restaurant is O.k., the only reason of my complained is that I travel a lot and during my traveling I had been in many Sheraton hotels with a wonderful experience, but staying in this hotel was very disappointing, and if you really want to reaffirm your reputation, just invest some money in the renovation of this hotel. I could send all my pictures, if you want me and I will tried not to share with Booking.com.

New Orleans Sheraton Hotel on Canal Street (Rm **) checked In Thursday, June 29th, 2017. On Friday (6/30/17) at approximately 4:30 pm left the room dressed with purse (strapped over me), was out and about for the remainder of the day enjoying Essence activities. Came back to the room with my LV purse on me. Took the purse off, took bath and got ready for an All White party at the Hyatt Regency. Took the contents out of my LV purse (money, credit cards, id, etc) and placed in my White evening purse to go to the All White party at the Hyatt Regency. Left the hotel room at 11:30 pm with the White purse in hand. Left the LV purse in my Hotel Room... AND it was never seen again!

After checking out of my room at the Sheraton and unpacking I noticed my purse was stolen. Called Loss Prevention at the Sheraton... who called me back on several different occasions stating that they did not find nor locate my LV purse. I even have a claim number #** and this has not been resolved as of today 7/6/2017. This is extremely disappointing. The staff at the Sheraton called back asking me several questions to lock down a time and I am quite sure that they saw me with leaving and returning to my room on Friday with my LV purse strapped across me (via security cameras)!

This has never happened to me and I am always concerned about the morals of the staff at well known hotel chains such as the Sheraton of New Orleans... With that being said, I am the type of person who returns found money, found iPhones, found purses... I return all things that DO NOT BELONG TO ME, regardless of how valuable it is! I just expected the same Karma reciprocated back to me but I guess I was wrong. I even started thinking to myself that the person who works for this hotel would probably lose their job behind my $800.00 purse (and that made me SAD). But that is the type of person I am! So, my conclusion is that I hope the Sheraton of New Orleans compensates me for my cost of my purse... but I'm not holding my breath on this one, but I am so disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sheraton Hotels?

I booked a room through Booking.com at the Sheraton. 4 days prior to the reservation I tried to cancel it due to my child being sick, and we would have been traveling out of state for the reservation. The Sheraton would not cancel my reservation unless I paid a fee of $447.00. This is robbery.

I requested to the front desk agent to see if they can get a taxi for me. They informed me that it would cost me 1800 rupees to go about 3km. I was in urgent need to get something from the nearby store, so I agreed. The taxi cab driver brought me back. Yes, it is high for 1800 rupees which are equivalent to 30 US Dollar for about less than 2 miles. The next day, I wanted to go to the nearby town to grab something to eat. They were going to charge for a taxi cab to take me about a mile away for 900 rupees. I asked why is the rate so high, they have mentioned it is their hotel policy.

My question is why would a hotel be contracted out to a taxi cab company and they advised me to pay the hotel and not the cab driver. This was a yellow cab, and NOT a hotel car. I called the Four Points by Sheraton corporate office. They advised me that there is no such policy. I requested them that I wanted to leave. They said it will take them 5 days to investigate it, by then my trip is almost over.

Boston, MA - Sheraton's overall have never seemed a good value and you have to watch rewards like a hawk!!! They frequently mess them up, or do not apply at all. When mistakes happen, their agents take weeks and weeks to resolve; if they ever do. Room was not dirty, very small and serviceable enough. But the restroom had very small since w/ no counter - so nowhere to even set anything down. There was nothing, no breakfast, no coffee. My stay is way overpriced and basically, zero services. Can only assume the high price was due to location.

Sheraton Suites Galleria - Atlanta. On January 13-16th, we reserved fifteen rooms for a convention. We also put in a special request for the pullout beds to be made up in rooms that has the pullout beds. On arrival, Randee, from the front desk, was rude and refused to acknowledge the fact that we had requested for the pullout beds to be made. We immediately addressed our requests. But Randee would not honor our request and stated the beddings to the pullout beds is not part of their service, beddings are in the closet and housekeeping is unavailable. We asked to speak to the Manager or anyone superior but Randee replied no one is available or to be found. After calling corporate six times, spoke to two different managers, our issues were still remained unresolved even though we were promised to get a call back within an hour by the corporate managers. No callbacks.

Randee later then refused to speak with us and didn't acknowledge Corporate Office's email request and calls. BUT the Hotel did try to compromise their lack of customer service by offering ONE free breakfast and it expired the very next morning. Not even for the duration of the stay. In the midst of all this the bathroom's sliding door was broken and had to wait approximately three hours before the front desk switched our room, and by that time, it was already midnight. For such a well-established hotel and affiliates everyone is very disappointed at the lack of service, the importance and the level of care that is required from both the hotel and corporate office. Definitely needs to retrain the staffs especially the front desk agents. They are the face of the hotel, whether it is within their job description or not. They ensure that no matter what problem arises, the guest's issue will be sorted out through one point of contact: them.

I always enjoy my stays at the Denver West, Lakewood Sheraton. The rooms are quiet, clean and always have complimentary bottled water and coffee in them, for guest use. The staff is very professional, friendly, helpful and respectful. The best part is, they are dog-friendly. They provide a dog bed, dog dishes & a small bone-shaped container filled with waste bags, at no extra charge for the items use. Plus, ice & pop machine on every floor and a store in the lobby, pool & weight room. Great restaurant & room service. I'm very happy with the rates.

Sheraton in Atlanta, Ga is very nice to stay at if you can afford the room and the prices of their in hotel restaurants. The amenities are good. There are room refrigerators and coffee makers, but there's no microwave. However, no continental breakfast included and hotel restaurants are expensive to eat at.

Anaheim California - my first choice in hotels. We stay here quite often and it is a good location for the convention center and Disneyland. Price is a little more than other hotels in the area but you get what you pay for. We were upgraded to a nicer room. Rooms were clean and smelled good. Staff is friendly and restaurants are great.

We were expecting better standards from a Sheraton Hotel. Sheraton in Catania is dated, old fashioned in terms of interior decoration (probably from the early 1990s), the building is badly maintained (exterior walls have never been plastered), the hotel is far from Catania monuments, shops, restaurants, markets and other attractions. It is located along a very busy road (day and night).

Bar staff does not speak English. Reception staff's English was poor and highly Italian accentuated. Breakfast buffet is poor and not conveniently organized (milk is far from coffee and tea machine, clients have to do everything by themselves). We had a much better experience at NH Hotel in Palermo for the same price level. We expect SHERATON customer service to prove us that SHERATON Hotels can offer us a good value for money service.

Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel - I stayed at the hotel several nights on business in different occasions and was pleasantly surprised not only at the location which was wonderfully central to a huge walkable area and lots of nice restaurants surrounding the Reforma and Angel, close to where I needed to go but also convenient from the airport - 45 minutes in traffic on arrival and 25 minutes without traffic this morning. Super convenient!!

Since you get to the front door staff are very friendly, like the butler service, staff club lounge is very affectionate and friendly. But staff out of tune on the 18th floor, the VIP & Club Services attention for frequent customers, leading to not appreciate the general level that has the hotel. Which is very poor for the Preferred Guest. It is the attention in the VIP & Club Services Leader at Mexico City Sheraton Maria Isabel. Everything else in the hotel works very well, and his staff are very friendly except this sector. The person in charge of that service level is not a four star hotel requires. This area is very poorly managed, and has no training or proper training. Only this sector, you can lose everything positive that has that hotel. They should work more on solving these problems, and become almost a five star hotel.

I am a military service member that was tasked to attend a class in Puerto Rico. I stayed at the Sheraton in Old San Juan. I was given a towel from housekeeping that had feces in it when my roommate and I ran out. When I took a shower the next morning before class I rubbed the towel all on my body. I was mortified when I discovered the putrid smell was coming from the towel. I became slightly ill and very stressed out that I almost didn't finish class. The hotel did NOTHING.

To this day I have a fear of housekeeping cleaning my room and I bring my own towels to any hotel that I attend. I do not drink from the glasses or use anything in ANY hotel I go to no matter the class and I now bring my own cleaning equipment. Again the SHERATON just swept it under the rug like it never happened. I am trying to pursue legal action. They offered no free year of rooms, nothing for emotional distress, absolutely nothing. I did a security report and I STILL have the towel. As a service member we have to travel quite often and I am afraid anytime I have to stay at a Starwood hotel.

My family is staying at this hotel for two nights for a hockey tournament and we received an eviction notice last night simply because I inquired- very politely - at the front desk why one of the families in our group had received a king bed for their family of four when they had reserved two queens, and why the hotel was not compensating them as they had other families in our group whose reservations they had mangled, like ours. I am blown away that the front desk manager Cory (who refused to give his last name) can call security on guests and accuse them of being rude because he doesn't like their questions!! I recorded our conversation- at no time was I rude.

We booked a $500 room where a king size bed was chosen as an option via a third party website. When we got there we were presented with a room of two single beds. The hotel took zero responsibility for falsely advertising their product on Wotif where the choice for such room was viable. It took us an hour and a half to try to sort a refund with Wotif whose call centre is in Delhi and we were put on hold and transferred many times. Eventually they assured we'll get a refund in 5-7 days.

In the meantime the hotel had zero sympathy towards our ordeal and we weren't even offered a glass of water. They took no responsibility for their part in false advertising and kept repeating their template speech about hotel operation procedures. To top it up, they didn't even refund the $100 for room security that was processed so quickly before we found out about the 2 single beds. If you book on a third party website, who knows what room you'll get when you get there. Be VERY careful!!!

I called the front desk to have room changed because of the smell in the room as well as poor sound proofing. Called down to front desk and asked for a room change. We were not able to get it. Horrible stench and noisy stay. Merry Christmas to me and my family.

My name is Mr. Troy **. I initially made a reservation online with a travel agent. A few weeks passed, I was notified by the agent that my flight reservation was canceled due to unavailability. Needless to say the agent failed to contact Sheraton Hotel, Santo Domingo to cancel the hotel portion of the trip, unbeknownst to me. I rebooked through Liberty Travel. I arrived at Sheraton Santo Domingo, 365 George Washington on December 24th at approximately 2pm. I approached the young lady at the check-in counter, gave her my information via itinerary.

She informed me I had 2 reservations, I explained my situation. She said, I will have to utilize both reservations. I said "How is that possible? I'm 1 party." She argued with me for an hour, rather than just cancel 1 reservation. I was forced to cancel my credit card and dispute the charges on Christmas eve. The young lady name is Rosigna **. I traveled, this far, from another country to patronize this hotel and was treated absolutely horrible.

My name Andrea ** (no relation but we both love our pets). Riley is our 3-year-old Havanese, and he have a little 2-year-old brother Abu (Yorkie). We love spending time with our family, entertaining children, traveling to Convalescent Centers visiting the elderly, lifting up the spirits of disabled Veterans, spreading our love, and making a paw (difference) this world. On a recent trip we stayed at The Sheraton Charlotte Hotel Airport location while visiting our 100-year-old grandma along with some of her friends at her Convalescent Center in Lancaster, SC. Unfortunately we abruptly ended our trip because the Sheraton barked at our good deeds. The Sheraton prides itself on being a pet-friendly hotel. Not only are we Starwood Preferred Guest with a Starwood's American Express Card, we previously stayed at this location under different front office management and multiple other locations without incident.

For this particular stay we were fortunate enough receive a special rate for this particular visit, which turned out costing us much more. Anyone familiar with traveling pets, the normal protocol is to request a first floor room by the doors. Lupita **, the assistant front desk manager, said the 1st floor wasn't available since we arrived a little early but she had a room on the 2nd floor by the door. We said fine because we needed to change and make it to our Grandmother's 100th birthday celebration, and she proceeded to check us in. We walked through the lobby happy family, tails wagging and greeted by several employees.

The following Sunday morning I was awaken with call shortly after 7am, from Lupita ** front desk assistant manager. She stated the night assistant manager Andre ** which was front desk, had received a complaint, someone heard a dog barking. I was half asleep and asked her if she heard a dog? She responded "no, but our customer did and you will have to pay for their room." I had NEVER in my life heard of a guest compensating another guest. Even if I would have been offered 2 free nights at the expense of another guest, I would've declined. Who can be so heartless? Not 4 Paws With A Cause... When I questioned her in my half asleep state Lupita was dismissive and quick to tell me she will have the front office manager call me. Rosabell ** (Front Office Manager) called yet again shortly after 7am, waking our family on Monday November 23, 2015 shortly after 7am.

The call was very rehearsed, so much so I thought Rosabell and Lupita as one in the same. Although Rosabell and Lupita was not present at the hotel during this time period of the complaint, she stated Lupita updated her about the special needs Havanese barking and was going to charge our card an additional $222.97 for a inconvenience fee. Again in my half asleep state I asked her the same question, "do you hear the dog," she responded "no, but our guest did on Saturday night." I advised her not only did we rest well Saturday evening but our sleep has been interrupted not by a bark but their front desk mean bite calling our room, interrupting our sleep about something that supposing took place Saturday night. When she started to explain my card would be unauthorized charged of $222.97.

The hotel wasn't full to occupancy. I find it hard to believe that out of the 222 guest rooms, the guest chose to remain beside a noisy room. Also the number of rooms at this locations has 222 and the amount charged to my card $222.97. I can't help but wonder how they came up with that number. I guess they charged us a $1 per room inconvenience charge. All managers were aggressive and the proper protocol, if there was an issue, should have been to have me come down immediately and sign a waiver that was overlooked during initial check-in, which I had no problem doing. Our paws are our family. The $222.97 charge was detrimental to our budget. As a result we were checked out a day early because of limited funds to continue our mission. We drove all night to return home exhausted and disappointed.

To show we are a reasonable and respectable organization we are not requesting a refund of our total visit of $360.17, although it would be nice. We are requesting The Sheraton Hotels & Resorts to refund us our $222 paws. Two Hundred Twenty Two Dollars and Ninety Seven Cents ($222.97) is a drop in the bucket for the Sheraton Hotels and Resorts which is worth over 14.6 Billion Dollars. They have over 1,270 properties in 100 countries with 180,4000 employees. 4 Paws For A Cause is a one woman and two four paw organization. I will say Room Service, Bellman staff was great and get 4 paws up but the Managers need to be retrained proper customer service edict. I'm sure we're not the first and won't be the last to complain about this location.

4 Paws With A Cause is self-funded depending on small donations as little as $.25 cents, no amount is too little to help our cause. We will not be deterred by this horrific experience but continuing to put one PAW in front of the other and persevere forward with our 4 paws and our cause. In closing we are going to take the high road and not chew up our Starwood's Preferred Guest Card and American Express but the future of our relationship is to be determined. I would also love to know from a paws perspective, what nonprofit pet organizations your 14.6 BILLION DOLLAR Company endorsed and support prior to November 23, 2015?

Our late mother taught us if you don't have anything nice to BARK about; then put a muzzle on it. It would be remiss not to WARN ALL PET LOVERS and our 4-legged friends about our experience. Let's JOIN PAWS TOGETHER and flood The Sheraton Corporate Office lines contacting Jeff Cava, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, and Adam Aron, Chief Executive Officer, at 203-964-6000, and the General Manager, Rusty Swanzy of the Charlotte Airport location. With all due respect... WE WANT OUR $222 PAWS BACK!!!

One of the worst customer service ever. I am not surprised for the bad rating. They are just after your money. Front desk team are very unhelpful, adding to that a manager by the name of Luis. We were trying to get a room with a balcony or any room that have at least window for fresh air due to my health condition but he wouldnt help and I even went up to check the room they offered but I could not stay for 2 mins. I went down. The manager lied about being up there for 20 mins when he wasnt even there when we walked in. Really a bad place to stay. And we took a pic of the name tags to refer to. After we went to the room I got a call from Luis threatening to kick us out if we dont delete the pic. I told him I will bring this up to Sheraton corporate and he really didnt care much. Seems like he can do whatever he wants and get away with it.

Please review your bank statements week after your stay at this hotel as well as others. This hotel in particular charged my account close to a hundred dollars and had no explanation for it, only to say that it was a mistake. As if charging me over 200 for one day wasn't enough. What if I hadn't caught it? I called my bank and they are currently investigating the situation and promised to put it back in my account if the hotel didn't. Surely not good business. I wouldn't want anyone investigating me that's for sure.

Due to my company's event I traveled to Seattle and with my company's suggestion I stayed in Sheraton Seattle Hotel. While I was staying in the hotel, I ordered couple of product on Amazon. I got most of them, but I could not get two orders although they were signed as delivered to the hotel on Amazon web page and I can see the name of the person who got my orders. I talked many times with the hotel staff in order to find my parcels.

Then I met with Lee ** (Purchasing Distribution Manager). He promised me to find them before I left the hotel. But he could not find and he gave his email address to follow up. He told that when he found the parcels he would send them to my address. After couple of emails he did not respond. He wrote that the security department would reach out to me today or tomorrow in the last email. As a result Sheraton Seattle lost my parcels and then they did not answer my emails. I am totally upset with their customer service.

We stayed at Four Points Sheraton in Houston, tx. No mini fridge in room, no microwave, no hot tub. And we had to pay 10 extra dollars for parking. Ordered room service. Served a raw hamburger. And the general manager was extremely unprofessional. We will never stay at another Sheraton hotel again. That's for sure.

I booked a club room for two nights. The complimentary breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres were below par. There was no food left even when I went there within the designated hours. The manager, **, at the front desk was very rude to me. When I checked in, he promised to refund me the difference between the room charge after corporate discount (for which I had the corporate code) and the actual amount charged to me. At the time of checkout, the staff said it cannot be refunded to me, since it was "prepaid." When I asked for **, the staff member went inside to call him, but he didn't come out to address the issue.

During my stay, I ordered room service for food. The chicken soup had an extremely high amount of salt in it. I couldn't even swallow the half teaspoon of soup that I tasted. The chicken wings were dry to burnt. I had to find the unburnt parts to eat. The mushroom in the burger was stale. The creme brulee was missing the regular crusty top. I let the guest services know about this, but they failed to offer me any solution. There was no toothpaste in my room. I was asked to come down to get it.

I hit my leg accidentally at your hotel and got a bump on my leg. I asked ** at the front desk if the hotel had a first aid kit having a pain ointment/spray. She showed me the way to your store. When I couldn't find anything there, she went inside and fetched Band-Aid and Bacitracin saying, "That's all we have." I requested her if she could get someone from the hotel to get me any pain-relieving spray/ointment from a nearby store, and that I am ready to pay for all the costs incurred -- I was in excruciating pain. She said I have to go by myself. She was kind enough, though, to make a call to get a cab for me.

The pillows were losing their shape all the time. The stuff inside them was getting collected at one end, leaving no stuff at the other. I couldn't get proper sleep. I had requested a room near elevator but I was given a room at the farthest end from elevator. The AC was too noisy. Next day, the temperature went down and the heater was not working. I heard a couple yelling most of the night. I didn't expect this kind of hospitality at a Sheraton Hotel. The people at work suggested me to stay at this hotel, since it is close to my work location. However, I had an unacceptable and terribly inconvenient experience at this Hotel.

Due to receiving a surprise on my credit card of charges made on my credit card by Sheraton on the falls Canada of $32.61 and $333.61 on the 02/18/2015 which I was to be charges $263.54 per room. I call to have these charges explained to me. I was told by a front deck attendant that they were because of two extra breakfast per day. I said "no" that I had received two breakfast voucher for two persons per voucher on 02/14/2015 and also two vouchers on 02/15/2015.

He said he will check with management and get back to me which he did the next day. He proceeded to tell me the charge of $32.61 will be remove but the other charge will remain because I was only given one voucher per day. I said "no" again and told him I will send a fax letter plus the proof of the vouchers being accurate. I received a call back from the assistant general manager that told me that they will not give me back a return of my charge on my credit card because I should know better as I have stay at the hotel before and this was agreed by the general manager and himself not to return my money.

Shock and surprise by his statement that I should be held responsible for the incompetent of his staff. I should of ask the front deck attendant or are you sure that I suppose to get two vouchers per day as you constantly change your rules. How unprofessional of him and of the general manager. This is not my first complain... you could read it on their website review. Just to let you know that my family and myself will no longer stay at that hotel. Did not have any complain at any of the other Sheraton and was always treat with the greatest respect and hospitality, being a SPG platinum member. I will not let one unprofessional hotel stop me from going to Niagara falls.

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Resort and Spa in Kauai, Hawaii. I booked the travel through Travelocity. When arriving at the hotel, they would not honor my type of room I paid for until I told them they were legally obligated as stated on my contract with Travelocity. Finally they did give me the room stated. I am a Starwood member and paid over $350 a night to stay at this Sheraton Hotel, but because I went through Travelocity they will not recognize my stay nor give me the over 2,000 points I should have gotten if booked directly through them. (Cost per night was the same.) The Starwood company still received my money and in return they lost me as a loyal customer.

Excited by the good reviews of this hotel I read, I made a reservation for my family along with a group of friends to January 2015. I have not stayed in this hotel yet, but I can already say that the service is not what I was expecting. I have a doubt about how to have a fridge in the room. Is a simple question, just yes or no. I wrote three emails to the hotel, one for Existing Reservations on August 31, another to Guest Services on September 15, another one to Concierge on September 18. I also wrote one e-mail to the Sheraton's customer support on the starwoodhotel's website with the same question and still got no answer. The hotel website does not have the manager's e-mail, and neither Claims e-mail, so I have nowhere else to look to find the answer to my question by e-mail.

In Sheraton's customer support on the starwoodhotel's website, they give me a telephone number (1-800) of the office nearest me. I called. My call was put on hold for several minutes and when was finally answered, the clerk informed me he could not help me and that I would have to call the hotel directly. Happens that I am not in the USA, so I'll have to make an expensive international call to get the answer to a simple question. If the emails do not work, why leave them on the website?

I booked a no refund booking at this hotel. When I got to hotel they said my room was cancelled as the credit card was not accepted. This was after confirming my booking online to me. They did not even email to let me know it was cancelled. Instead they gave the room to someone else and left me in the lurch after arriving at the hotel at midnight. Wife was in tears and hotel gave me 3000 points which is useless in compensation. I was truly cheated and am amazed by how such a good chain gave such poor customer care. My main concern is that they had a confirmed booking from me which on the confirmation booking they said was fully prepaid. I have the confirmation that says this. As a result I had to book into a worse hotel further inland and pay about 100 USD more. Family were distraught. Anything I can do?

My kindle fire was on the pillow on the bed closest to the window. It was never removed by me from the room. The housekeeping people had to have taken it. Along with that, the safe was inoperable when we arrived even though the previous tenants had requested it be fixed. The second morning, both keys were disabled. The security promised to look into the missing kindle but I suppose if the housekeeper says she didn't steal it, that is enough for them. Never, ever again will I stay at a Sheraton. The cashiers in the caf on the 3rd floor won't give you a discount even though you are told you get one upon checking in. They cannot make change and frequently made errors. Hot tub as filthy and had small, hostile children in it. Their adults took over the entire pool with a volleyball game thereby preventing anyone else from entering the pool. The internet is ridiculously expensive. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Sheraton brand began in the 1930s and now has nearly 450 locations across the globe. Sheraton is one of the 11 brands owned by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, which was acquired by Marriott in April 2016. All Sheraton properties fall into the luxury and upper-upscale full service category.

• Starwood rewards: Travelers can become Starwood Preferred Guests (SPG) for free and earn Starpoints, which they can use for free stay at one of Starwood’s 11 brands, include Sheraton, aLoft, W and Westin. SPG members also get extra perks, like free in-room Internet.
  • Baseball: Sheraton is the official hotel of Major League Baseball. Guests can watch the MLB Network, which includes live games as well as unique content like MLB Tonight, and they also have access to MLB.TV Premium to watch even more games. SPG members can spend Starpoints on game tickets.
  • Diversity: Starwood’s global initiatives include making sure it has a diverse workforce. In the United States, the company has partnered with colleges and universities to recruit minority employees and actively recruits military veterans. Their Advancement of Female Talent program aims to ensure an even gender balance at all levels of the industry.
  • Dining: Sheraton Hotels and Resorts have full service restaurants and room service. Their menus have been designed so that their dining options pair well with one of their available wines or seasonal craft beers.
  • Updates: Starwood is in the process of implementing an extensive plan to update and renew the Sheraton experience. Known as Sheraton 2020, the upgrades so far include a new bar menu and a variety of special offers.
  • Best for Sheraton Hotels and Resorts cater to business and solo travelers, adults and retirees who are looking for a luxury hotel experience.

Compare Hotel Brands