Doubletree Guest Suites

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hello, my name is Shandi **. I stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton in St Augustine Florida on Wednesday October 26th 2016. I stayed with my boyfriend for a short weekend to do the whole ghost tour thing instead of going to Orlando to Universal like we had planned before... Arrived early and was checked in by a young girl. Very nice girl and very informational. So we went to the room and dropped off our things and went out on the town. Went a few places, gone for a few hours, came back so he could shower and we were going to change before dinner at the Raintree.

He went into the shower and I walked down the road to the store. I returned to my boyfriend still in the shower... and the room phone ringing... Strange... But we answered to someone telling us they have had 20 complaints of a couple arguing and that we need to quiet down?! I don't know who was arguing but it was not us. Not only were we not arguing but it was physically impossible for that to have happened considering he was alone in the room. They also mentioned that it was a regular guest that stays there 3 times a week? Sounds like they live there if you ask me.

I am not interested in paying that money to stay at a stranger's residence. The tv was on while he was in the shower... I don't know what those people were talking about but it wasn't us. Anyway... After that phone call I was furious and began to complain. Not 1 minute after the call was that young boy at our door and banging... Threatening to call the cops on us! We are two people on vacation stopping at our hotel to change and this happens! Whoever this young man is... is not cut out for hospitality and should not be dealing with guests. He was rude to the start and would not let me explain that it wasn't us.

There could have been someone dead in the next room... Who knows but it seriously was not us! This boy is a hot head and was trying to start a fight with my boyfriend on purpose. So... we said it wasn't us... He didn't believe us and the door was shut in his face to due to his attitude and the fact that my boyfriend was literally in a towel and undressed... Completely embarrassing and disrespectful. And then proceeded to call the cops claiming domestic violence! That never happened and is defamation of character! Not acceptable!

Either way after speaking with police we had done nothing wrong and was able to stay... and completely embarrassed in the hotel lobby! We were then late to our dinner and had to rush to catch the ghost tour reservation and never enjoyed our 200 dollar dinner! Thanks a lot! We stayed out, came back, went to sleep and woke up... And guess who is at the front desk? Literally waiting for us to start some more sh**. I checked out with the other girl while he stood there next to her staring at me and my boyfriend while we stood there quietly. I will say it was very immature that my boyfriend decided to say some choice words at him as we walked through the automatic doors... but he proceeded to follow us out the front and to my car to continue to argue which he was now harassing us!

Then said that we should have stayed at the Scottish Inn next door which looks like a crack head hotel which very unprofessional... I know that what my boyfriend was saying was not right but this kid is time bomb and I don't know how old this kid is but he is a liability to your company... He is a hot head and it just a matter of time before he does something to hurt somebody.

I have worked in hospitality for 13 years and have stayed at many Hilton hotels and have never had a situation like this. I am utterly appalled and this should have never happened and could have been handled much differently. If HR won't let you fire him I highly recommend transferring this boy to a different department where he doesn't deal with guests... especially not problems with guests.

First of all paying $317.5 per night for a ibis standard hotel – it is a real rip off. What you see in the website is not what you are getting, and to complete all this the hotel staff is real a bunch of liars especially the duty manager (Ms **) who lied to my face and told I had to do it.

I tried to get a room during the blizzard of 2016. I called and made reservations. When I went to check in, I didn't have my ID. I had my military work badge, VA disability photo card, and another form of ID. Glenise rudely told me that she couldn't checked me in because it's policy to have driver license. Which I understand, but what I am not ok with was they charge me the cancelled reservations free for 200 dollars!!! So I was stranded in the snow, after being snowed in the hospital taking care of patients and still lost 200. Then had to find another hotel. I am filing fraudulent charges with my bank and will be doing a YouTube video about my horrible experience. I will never book a room with Doubletree again.

This is one of THEE worst hotels ever!! Filthy, had to take a shower with a lizard in the shower, no hair dryer, no hangers, no fridge, greasy hand prints on the headboard, coffee in room but left grounds and the creamer was spoiled, lamp shade was ripped, and the worst thing is that they charge your credit card $25.00 as deposit for PARKING that take 3-5 business days to return. THEN the next day you find out that they charged your credit card almost $23.00 for 2 bottles of complimentary water, 10% off someplace, parking and WI-FI that when you try to access it wants $14.95. I have stayed at nicer Motel 6! Doubletree? More like DOUBLECROSS!!!

From my arrival to the Doubletree Hotel in Nashville on July 11th 2015 I was treated poorly by the lady working on the front counter. The lady was rude, the room they booked me in was not the one I had ordered and I showed them proof. I had asked for a single room, they gave me a double and she could really care less what I had said, among other issues with this woman. Once I arrived in my room I emailed their corporate offices. I did not hear back from them. On July 16th I emailed them as a reminder that no one had contacted me and also informed them the shower was also clogged when I arrived (something I did not notice until later on that night), that my bed sheet was stained with what seemed to be blood, and also informed them that the carpet had been cleaned poorly (hairs and even chocolate from a previous guest from God knows when).

I received an email from them on July 17th saying someone from their management team would contact me. On July 20th they email me saying the property will email me. About a week later I received a phone call from the hotel saying they want to follow up on my complaint. Since I was working, it went to voicemail and in that message the manager said that she would be leaving the office soon but if I received this call within the next few minutes to call her. I did not hear that message until later on that night and she did not say to call her back tomorrow so I didn't. August 4th, Guest Assistance emails me saying I would receive a gift certificate in the mail to be received within 3-5 business days... October comes so I email them on October 29th letting them know I have not received it.

I also called their Guest Service calling center since the last email said to call if I had any questions. A very pleasant informs me that the manager from the Nashville Hotel was no longer with that location so it seemed that was the reason why I never received my certificate but he called the Nashville hotel and they will issue the certificate to arrive within 3-5 business days. October 30th they email me back as a follow up after my last email and they informed their system shows I had called and it was taken care of. December comes, I just called them and supposedly they are now sending it... I believe Hilton Hotel does not take their customer service very serious. Maybe I was too polite to them over the phone because anyone else would demand a few days of stay after all this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Doubletree?

I booked 2 rooms for Family Weekend at Binghamton University. Expected to have an amazing time with the family. Spend some time in the hotel and maybe use the indoor pool but that was all cut short. Check in was great. My room rate was $299 a night which is pricey compared to the prices that I see other people have paid now that I actually took the time to read BUT the front desk clerk was nice enough to lower the rate to $259 when I asked why was it cheaper that day when I got an alert on my email from one of the booking websites. Even gave us some deliciously warm cookies that the kids loved. The rooms are clean and comfortable as expected with this brand hotel.

Now for the BAD and I mean really bad. Went to the bar for a drink with my sister. She had her ID. I had left mine back in the room. It was already late and after a 4 hour drive from Queens, NY with three kids a one year old and two pre-teens in horrible traffic. Even the thought of walking back upstairs was too much for me so instead I decided a diet coke was enough for me. The bartender wasnt too nice to begin with so overpaying for alcohol wasnt in my list of priorities for the night. Maybe had she been a little more accommodating or acted like she actually wanted to be there I would have found the environment nice enough to want to stay and get the ID.

About 20-30 minutes later and many laughs watching my sister argue about baseball with other guest as if she had any clue what she was talking about I without thinking grabbed her glass and took a sip. Needless to say I was WRONG. I didnt think and didnt have any time to think because immediately security came over and asked me to leave. Mortified I explained my ID was upstairs and I will run up and come back down immediately (she was so rude) but I didnt want the other guest thinking I was underage so figured I'll prove myself and maintain some of my dignity.

When I come back security is standing next to bar discussing the Spanish people who apparently dont belong in this hotel or at least thats how it felt to me. So I showed her the ID and when she called the bartender over to show it to her I said no I dont plan on drinking but I do plan on making a complaint and I walked away. NOW let me clarify the complaint wasnt about being carded obviously that is the right thing to do. It is her job but the customer service was just horrible!!! That was what my complaint was about.

I go back to my seat continue my conversation laughing like nothing ever happened and out of nowhere comes a waitress NICOLE who I had not seen before and starts yelling asking me what my problem is, who the hell do I think I am arms flying telling me no one is going to get in trouble because I want to be difficult and sooo on. I VERY CALMLY not to let myself get out of character thinking of the time of night. The fact the I had kids upstairs with my family and honestly where else would we go. I just straight faced smiled and said "Thank You. Nicole but as a guest it is my choice what I choose to complain about".

Well this seems to have gotten her even angrier the fact that I wouldnt stoop to her level and she calls me a BITCH 2 inches from my face screaming at the top of her lungs. Security had to come over and get in middle. At that point my sister also gets loud and things were escalating and security asked us to leave so we did and I immediately asked for a manager. Apparently the manager was not in and wouldnt be in until Monday as I was told. My next option called the police and made a formal complaint. No she didnt touch me but she also didnt look sane to me and the fact is that 1) I am not from that town and I dont know anyone there, so the same way she acted crazy inside the hotel where shes suppose to be working and she wasnt even my waitress. She could have easily waited for me at a later time. 2) I had the kids. I was taking no chances when it came to our safety.

The following day at breakfast I overheard a waitress talking about what happened the night before. I guess that was the talk amongst the employees so I pulled one to the side explained my part and asked who I could speak to. Was told that Nicole had put what happened on facebook and that she has had problems with many guest and it gets swept under the rug because after they leave no one ever follows through with the complaint. WELL that is wrong Nicole ** was the name I was told to look up on facebook and see what was written about me BUT I made the mistake of calling once again the front desk and asking and explaining what was happening, meaning I guess that post has since been deleted.

I was offered a $50.00 credit towards my room by someone named Kendra who left a voicemail in the room for me when I specifically said I would be out all day at the university and left my cell number. I also left a message for the general manager of the hotel and still no answer so I tell you this - DOUBLETREE by HILTON KEEP your $50.00. Next Family Weekend at Binghamton I will simply just choose another hotel. I just really hope no one else has to deal with something like this. Train your staff, give them an etiquette course, hire people with customer service skills or maybe just get rid of the rotten apple.

I was in Charleston on August 27- 28, 2015, on an emergency visit to MUSC to see my 2-year old nephew who had major heart surgery. We were there all evening and it was late Thursday night into Friday morning so I decided to get a room for a few hours sleep. I checked in after midnight and left around noon that Friday. When I got to my next destination I realized my very nice robe that I used while in the room was not in my travel bag. I waited until morning to call back to the hotel to have them check the room or lost and found.

I called several times and was told several times that someone would call me back. My calls were never returned. Each time I called I spoke to several staffers and was told my robe was not in lost and found and they were sorry. Well I knew it would not be in lost and found at this point because it was a very nice robe and whomever went in the room to clean it must have taken it. Long story short they only offered a sorry for any inconvenience but not once did they offer to replace my robe.

It was very disheartening to realize that one of their staffers took my robe and they were not willing to replace it. That tells me they hold little regard for quality customer service. If you know like I now know. They do not hold their staff responsible for lost and stolen items from customers. Do not stay at this Hotel if you have expensive or sentimental value items with you because you will leave but they won't leave with you.

Traveling for work has never been more frustrating when dealing with Doubletree. Required THREE phone calls to simply receive an email with the hotel stay estimated costs to submit to purchasing. The last phone call I was on hold for more than ten minutes waiting to speak with a manager. Doubletree desperately needs to find competent customer service reps who have the technical expertise to send email!!!

My wife, sons, and our 12 week old dog booked 3 nights at the Doubletree in New Bern, NC to attend my father's funeral service and the scattering of his ashes in the Atlantic. We drove in and were late arriving, due to tornadic weather in the Raleigh/Durham area. We called ahead and let management know we would be arriving later than anticipated. At that time, my mother also called, and did the same. Both my wife and mother verified we had the King Suite for 3 nights. Both were told, "Yes, that is the reservation".

Upon arrival, we checked in. This was after a 2 day drive with two kids under 13 and a dog. We were exhausted, but loaded all our belongings into the room-which was in a separate building, and the halls of that building were not air conditioned on the 4th floor, where our room was. The ice machines also didn't work-mind you, it was 95 degrees out when we checked in at around midnight.

On our second day there, we were told we did not have a reservation and had to leave immediately. There was no attempt to accommodate us. In fact, the front desk staff called the cheapest hotel in town to find us another room, only after coming to our room 3 times (The Sales Manager named **) to tell us we needed to "Hurry up, pack your things and get out". Exact words-I have it recorded.

They didn't even call the other Hilton properties in the area to check to see if we could be accommodated by them. Mind you, one of my kids is a special needs kid, and the dog is a service dog. It was just pack your things and get out. All of this came after the a/c in the room broke on the first day there. The room got up to 88 degrees, and we missed a family dinner because of it. The room was filthy-there were cob and spider webs on both of the dormer windows. The wallpaper in the bathroom was bubbled up and half off the walls. There was mildew in the jets of the tub-it was not Hilton standards by any stretch of the imagination.

All of that aside, the worst part was having the front desk manager refuse to speak to us-and pawning us off on the sales manager, who had booked a convention of some sort. It was quite obvious he was not going to let the repeat business of the convention slip through his fingers (and the commission that went with it), so he must have figured if we were there for a funeral, we probably wouldn't be back. The front desk manager had tattoos all over her neck, and was as rude as rude can be-and she wouldn't face me when I was talking to her-she actually turned away from me and asked another employee to ask the sales manager to "help this person".

I've traveled a million miles plus in my business career-I've spent more nights in hotels than I'd like to admit-and I have never, and I mean never been treated like this. The sales manager actually followed me around the hotel, as I sought out all my family members to tell them I wouldn't be on the boat to bear witness to the scattering of my father's ashes, as I was being forced to leave the hotel.

I've now called the general manager there twice and haven't received a return phone call. One has to wonder if they even care that my mother is very active in the New Bern community, that they made two little boys miss their grandfather's memorial, or that they caused us such immense stress. It seems as if they don't care, as long as that convention comes back and rebooks next year. God knows, I won't return to that property.

The positives include the hotel is clean and well maintained. Therefore, if you plan just to rest your head you'll be happy. However, if a modicum of service is important look elsewhere. To begin, the staff, while seemingly friendly, are extremely difficult to understand as English is a distant second language. Many have equal difficulty understanding anything past rudimentary English. While on the phone with one worker, they had to pass the phone to another whose English was only modestly better.

A question to a shuttle driver about methods of traveling to DC was met with a, "How should I know, I just drive the shuttle to the airport." A waiter at breakfast took fifteen minutes to deliver a toasted bagel that was not (and, when finally delivered, asked if I wanted it toasted as I had ordered), yet he had plenty of time to be laughing and fooling around with co-workers openly in the restaurant area while I watched and waited. Beware! The bartender has a tendency to short change. While at the bar, I and several others, had to ask the bartender for the correct change. When checking out, the female desk clerk was completely flummoxed by a simple issue of loading paper in the printer, and I had to wait ten minutes until someone reloaded paper for her.

To the subject then: Direct complaints taken to Anna **, the manager (the Anna ** writing responses here) are met with a condescending and wise ** attitude. She tosses off the number of guests served each year as if the issue is with the complaining guest, not her charges or management of same. The sum effect is there is a distinct impression your repeat business is unimportant as the hotel is booked solid mostly by itinerants waiting overnight to catch planes at nearby Dulles.

Ms. ** responses to negative comments here reek of amelioration of issues and damage control. They may be part and parcel of a corporate policy requiring managers to respond. Any response she will write here is meaningless for when it mattered she was terse and dismissive. Do not be fooled. To Ms. **, get your house in order and learn the basics of hospitality. Honestly, I could care less about your yearly occupancy rate for one guest's displeasure is one too many.

Doubletree Hotel - Augusta, GA - The hotel is wonderful but be forewarned about eating in the bar. Ordered the appetizer sampler in the bar and woke up the next morning with a terrible case of food poisoning. Would never eat there again!!!

My husband and I visited the Doubletree Hilton in New Bern, NC for our 25th anniversary. On the second morning of our stay, I lifted the dust ruffle to search for something missing and found a dead frog that had clearly been there for a long time. They credited me for one night since I only found it on the day of departure, even though it surely had been there for some time. After I wrote to corporate, they offered me a voucher for a free night at any Doubletree Hilton (the last place I would ever want to stay). I simply wanted to have both nights compensated since the frog had been there for some time. Their response is I only found it after the second night.

I stayed in this Hilton Hotel last month for 7 days and 6 nights. It's located at 5400 Computer Drive, Westborough, MA. The worst nightmare. I paid $165 per night. In my first room, I saw bed bugs. They changed my room and housekeeping in this hotel is very bad. Not only that, the pool was dirty. It had a bad odor in the water. I complained to the front desk but they treated me as if I was not there at all. I saw other persons that were stating their complaints also. I would not advise anybody to stay there! Their management is very rude and nasty. I also would like to add the carpet from the room I was staying needed steaming as it was very dirty.

On November 7, 2012, I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel in Newark, NJ. The reservation was made under my company's name but I stayed in room **. On that date, it started snowing around noon time but I did not get to the hotel until around 7 or 8 pm. As I was entering the lobby, I slipped and fell due to the floor being wet. There were no signs cautioning people nor any rugs to avoid slippery floors. When I fell, there were three hotel workers at the reception area and not one moved to assist me. The shuttle (concierge) supervisor and a guest of the hotel helped me get up from the floor.

At this point, I was in a little pain but I think more than anything I was embarrassed so I went up to my room but my key was not working so I went back downstairs to the reception office and spoke with Cherrie (receptionist). At this time, she asked me, "How are you feeling? That was a hard fall." I proceeded to tell her that I was in pain but that I thought that I would be fine. Cherrie was the only hotel employee that was truly concerned. She even said, "I'm going to send something to your room." Once in my room, I noticed that my foot was more swollen than expected and I was in a lot of pain. I also had bruises in my arm.

My roommate decided to call the manager so that I can file a report. I spoke with Engin, hotel manager. He brought me some ice, pain medicine and the report paper to fill out. Today, November 12, 2012, my foot is still swollen and I now need to make a doctor's appointment to see why it's still swollen and why the discomfort and pain on my foot. I need to know if the hotel will be responsible for my medical bills and the inconvenience this has caused me.

I recently (10/12) held a $27,000 + wedding and reception at the Doubletree Pittsburgh Center City. Although those who were associated with the wedding and planning, Tam, Michele and Charles, were exceptional, I cannot say that for the “front desk hotel manager” **. I would like (no I demand) to speak to someone in your legal division and human resources dept., regarding his fraudulent use of my wife’s credit card, his refusal to correct his fraudulent act, his insistence that it was my wife’s responsibility to correct his fraud and his refusal to direct my concerns and put me in touch with the hotel manager.

As a result of his deliberate misuse of our funds, failure to correct his fraud and or offer any reasonable help or solution to our problem, we have filed an affidavit of fraud with PNC and are in the process of discussing this with the District Attorney of Allegheny County. Additionally, **, expected us to resolve his fraud one hour before our rehearsal dinner. This naturally enraged my family and I the entire weekend. Needless to say, it left everyone with a bitter taste, and unless this is corrected, you can be sure I will share my experience with the public. I would like to avoid such matters, but ** has left us no alternative. If you cannot reply with my request, you will serve forthwith the necessary legal documents to ensure that this crime is remedied.

This concerns two separate stays at this older sub-par Doubletree Hotel in Durham, NC. First stay, in May 2012, I was given keys that did not open my room. Then, after getting the keys re-keyed, I found that I was given a room with two queen beds. I had requested a single king bedroom. I went back down to the front desk and was told by the person at the counter that the type of rooms was not guaranteed.

Since there were few vehicles in the parking lot, I asked if there was a king room available. I was told that I couldn't change rooms after check-in - now 20 minutes after initial since I had made two trips to the front counter. I finally asked to speak with a manager. After another 15-minute wait (while my wife waited in pain; we were there to have her monthly chemotherapy treatment at Duke University Hospital), the manager reluctantly agreed to give me the room that was printed on the reservation. Initially, I was told my reservation did not specify the room type. It was only after I showed him my copy that he agreed to change the room. There was actually numerous king rooms available. Finally, after 45 minutes, we were in our king room.

Second stay was on July 18, 2012 for another chemo treatment for my wife. The check-in and stay were okay except the carpets in the rooms and halls were old and soiled. Because my wife was not up to going to breakfast, we ordered room service for breakfast. Our breakfast showed up and was cool (pancakes and eggs). I did not have the time to address this issue with a manager since we needed to dress and go to the hospital. We checked out, had her chemo and drove home 3 hours away. We always stay a night in Durham because driving both ways from home (6 hours round trip) and the hospital visit and her chemo is too much for one day. We always stay in one of the Hilton family hotels and I have used the Doubletree's all over the country because I like their cookies.

It is now a week later and I was checking my credit card charges and found that I was charged twice for the same stay. I called the Durham hotel and spoke to someone at the desk that I could barely hear. I finally asked her to reposition her mouthpiece or speak louder. She took offensive and transferred me to a telephone number that just rang and rang. I called back and the person that answered the phone said he was a manager as I asked to speak to one. I explained the issue. He looked up the charges and said one of the charges was a temporary that would be dropped when the final charge was applied to my account. Not true, I saw the two charges and since they had both cleared the "pending" status, they were two separate charges as confirmed with my bank.

I told the hotel manager this and he had no answer other than I would have to address the issue with Corporate Doubletree accounting. He said he would transfer me to the right department. Well, I was transferred to another number that rang and rang. After 4 minutes, I finally hung up. I called back a third time, got the same manager, explained the non-answering number. He then said he was busy, put me on hold for 4-5 minutes and when he came back on the phone, he couldn't remember me and we had to go through looking up my account again.

We talked about the same issues and he finally said that I need to talk to Corporate Doubletree again, and started to transfer me again. I stopped him and requested that he stay on the phone until someone answered. No one answered the number again. He then said that I need to call back tomorrow. Now, I've been on the phone at least 45 minutes with no resolution. During this whole time, I was treated with indifference, disrespect by an unprofessional staff/management. Not once did he offer to take my information and try and take care of it. I will now contact my bank and have the charge removed.

I was a guest in your Double Tree Orlando hotel at SeaWorld from 2/20/12 to 2/26/12 with my children ages 20 and 7. My main concern was being able to provide a great vacation for my girls. I purchased 3 days pass to Universal Studio and SeaWorld before my arrival at Orlando. The night of my arrival, I was surprised to learn that your hotel would not provide shuttle service from airport to hotel. Nonetheless, our excitement overcame that. I took a taxi from Orlando Airport to your hotel, which cost me $40. Yes, we were welcomed very graciously, though it was a late check in. Due to the time of arrival, the restaurant was about to close so we were provided a number of a couple delivery places. At this time, I placed my order and handed my oldest daughter $50 to pay for our food. I’m completely happy with the next couple of days that awaited us. We ate, took a shower and put our clothes away.

Now, here is the problem. The morning after our arrival, we hurry to get up, shower and change. We had an adventures day ahead of us. I took the change from the night before plus an additional $200 in cash and put away $1,700 in my big bag and set my daily medications and vitamin over it as I zippered my bag closed. I hid my bag in the bottom right drawer of the main borough and set clothes over it so from unseeing eyes. As we get back from a great day at SeaWorld, we rush to our room about 6:30 to 7 pm to shower for dinner at the main restaurant. To my surprise, when I open the drawer, my pills were out of my bag and my money was gone. My daughter automatically called the front desk and requested hotel security as I looked all over. It took 2-3 calls until security showed up; apparently, he was given a wrong room number. As I explained the whole event, he also asked for a written statement which I provided and he proceeded by checking with a machine how many people came into my room and during what time.

Then the evening manager was called to the room and was informed of the information. I was devastated because this was money was saved for my girls’ first trip to Orlando. What was I to do? I came there on a budget not looking to add to my credit cards. The manager offered to get dinner on him and will keep me posted of the situation. Still understand I felt violated and upset. For my girls’ sake, we decided to shower and go to dinner. I tried so hard to pull myself out of the slump I was feeling. The manager kept his word and picked up the tab for dinner. At this time, he approached me and told me housekeeping went into my room and then a second person who supervise housekeeping. From there the matter was handed over to Timothy **, director of loss prevention, which contact me on the 23rd while I was in Universal Studio with my girls.

I could not lose out on my tickets also. I just lost $1,700 and my excitement. When I met Mr. ** on the23rd, he informed me they will investigate and get back to me and he will not brush this under the rug. He assured me of this. Here is Friday the 24th and I don’t have an answer until the evening from my arrival at universal. Mr. ** informs me that both party was questioned if they saw anything out of place and basically said that he spoke to his superiors who asked him how do they know I actually came to Orlando with that amount of money and this is a matter that has to be sent to corporate. Mr. ** continue by saying I would be receiving a call from corporate to follow up on this matter.

Today is March 16, 2012. I yet have not received a call or been acknowledge of the matter. I spoke to Mr. Timothy ** before I departed your hotel and he assured me it would be handled. Three days into my arrival at home, I decided to place a call to your hotel and leave Mr. ** a message which was not returned. I called again the following day and he communicated that he submitted the proper claims and should have heard from corporate again. As of Tuesday, March 12, at 1:05 pm, I last spoke to Mr. ** again and still I have not received a call. At this point, understand how I feel. I was not only violated, but scammed, disregarded and pointless as a customer. I am highly offended that I was doubted the situation that happened and no one has even acknowledged any of my concerns or even bother placing a call to me.

Another issue that happened was on the last night at your hotel. I misplaced (rather say) my bank card which I cancelled automatically and have a replacement. I was not informed if anyone found it as well as I was charged $154.96 to my card when I first arrived as a hold while my stay there and was to get credited within 5 business day. I have not received any credit. I have proof from my account that it was never credited to my bank. I’m a single mom and worked really hard to be able to take my girls on a nice vacation to have someone actually wipe it away and your corporation turns a blind eye. I would like for someone, anyone, to look into this issue and please return my calls. I need closure since this has been the worst experience I have to deal with during a vacation. I entrusted your hotel to safeguard my belonging and it was not done. It’s even worst: from being a victim in this, your staff turned it as if I was a criminal. Again, please look into these situation and have one of your staff member contact me.

My husband and daughter traveled to Detroit to attend the car show. They stayed at the DoubleTree, fantastic time and awesome hotel staff. They ate in the hotel restaurant on the Friday night. They came home Saturday and by Saturday night they were both vomiting and had diarrhea all night. Sunday evening, they were both in hospital emergency rooms on IV's for fluids and by Tuesday my husband was admitted to hospital for 48 hours. They are both still sick from food poisoning. I contacted the hotel a few times but now, a week later, they will not get back to me.

My I-pad was stolen from my room in DoubleTree at Downtown San Antonio. I made a police report, and the managers gave me opposing stories all the time. They did not even know how to respond. I have recordings of them telling me that the housekeeper was not in the hotel at the time my room was opened, so probably somebody stole their card and got in. Another recording says that the housekeeper had no sufficient arguments of why she presented so late to work that day, and she was going to be fired. The liability department simply sent me an email that all of the reports were normal, that the housekeeper was never a suspect because everything was done by the rule that day and that my I-pad was not stolen in my room. Now, they don't even answer my calls, messages, emails, etc. So disappointed.

We flew into JFK on our way to India, thinking a 2 night stay would help minimize jet lag. We were using Starwood Points, so had many choices for lodging. Our primary criteria was convenience to the airport and free shuttle service. We arrived late (11:30PM) and all I desired was a hot bath. When I turned on the water, black sediment/scum particles flowed out of the drain, very disgusting. We spent the following day in the city and returned to find our room, reeking of a foul odor. Engineering told us it was "reefer" and that we would need to move rooms. No one offered to help us in moving our stuff from one room to the next. When I called the front desk to ask for water and glasses in our new room, I was told that I had to come to the front desk to pay for the water... really? And the kicker was, our new room also had a foul drain (obviously no one baths at this hotel, showers only) and the room service was slow and the food mediocre. Would strongly advise against staying here; rude front desk and poor customer service.

I am writing this to make you aware of the unbelievably poor customer service I have received at the Doubletree by Hilton Mexico. I cannot find a more appropriate email address for customer satisfaction-related emails. So, my apologies if this email does not reach the right person. I travel frequently for business and have been staying at exclusive Hilton hotels for the past few months. But your Doubletree Mexico appears to be quite the exception. I stayed at the Doubletree Hilton for a week. I handed shirts to the manager Adriana to be dry cleaned for the next day. She assured me that they would be ready this evening to be picked up. The same manager said that the laundry had not even been taken to the cleaners. In fact, she showed me that the bag was still sitting behind the front desk.

More than 24 hours had elapsed and the bag had not moved. She blamed her coworkers for not reading the note that she left for them and took no responsibility for the mistake. I also noticed that she would not look me in the eye. Also, her English level was poor for a manager. She told me that I had to pay extra and only cash, so she can order service express. I had an important meeting so I gave her the money. When I came back to front desk, the manager told me that the service was not ready and she couldn’t return the money. She was rude and told me that I had to wait 2 more hours. I was forced to meet the same important client while wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Wearing the same clothes for multiple days in a row is unprofessional and really, quite embarrassing.

I understand that people sometimes make mistakes. But my bag of laundry has been sitting in plain view behind the front desk for multiple employees to see. I pay in cash for a service express. Plus, I didn’t get that service and I have to get money from ATM machine. I'm really shocked that no one had the awareness to wonder why a dry cleaning bag did not move and why did I had to pay in cash for a service express. Not one person made an effort to provide that basic level of customer service to me over a 24-hour period. Dry cleaning is a standard hotel service. The bags are provided to each customer in every room. This is not some extravagant perk that is only provided to customer like myself. This is a basic service which I expect from any hotel that I stay at and is essential for me to maintain a professional image with my clients. Because of this, I am not sure if the Hilton brand is capable of providing basic services while I'm on business. And I am considering to stop staying at Hilton altogether in the future. The English level of the manager Adriana was really poor. I will not recommend this hotel ever.

I stayed at the Double Tree Hilton Houston Downtown. My stay was pleasant and the staff was eager to help. My card was double charged for a one night stay, three days after I checked out. I called to get the situation taken care of and was completely understanding that these errors happen occasionally. The problem came when I spoke with David **, the accounts director whose attitude and tone did not match my polite and understanding tone--he was condescending and rude. I brought this to his attention and was told, "I have bigger problems." Well, Mr. ** had trouble taking polite queues to change his tone to something more appropriate for a paying guest and I feel the need to follow up on such abhorrent behavior. It was really unfortunate because I truly enjoyed my stay.

On June 30th, I held a wedding reception for my daughter at the Doubletree with 230 guests. When myself and four others went for the food tasting, one of the choices we were served was chicken alexander. It was excellent. It was a boneless chicken breast topped with asparagus, peppers, sundried tomato sauce and cheese. We decided to go with the chicken alexander and the beef filet.

At the reception, however, when I went to cut my chicken, there was a huge bone in it. Also, there was nothing on it. It was basically just a piece of grilled chicken with a bone (I did not want to deal with it, so I just did not eat it). I thought maybe it was just mine. But now that I am talking to family and close friends, I am finding out that their chicken had a huge bone and also was nothing more than just a piece of grilled chicken. Some of them told me they had to pick it up with their fingers to eat it; not to mention that it was very dry.

I would also like to mention that when you have two entrees, you have to pay for the higher priced one (which was the beef filet) so the cost was, I believe, $74/person. For an establishment to serve a prime cut of boneless chicken breast at a food tasting and then serve a bone-in cut at the event is just deceitful. Also worth mentioning was that as soon as I walked in to the banquet hall, I was approached by one of the servers who told me that the wait staff was advised to watch for people sneaking in to drink after the dinner. I had my daughter’s wedding shower and rehearsal dinner also at this establishment. I gave them no reason to suspect any kind of dishonesty.

I stayed at this hotel for one night and my son was traumatized forever. I was not traveling and only stayed at the hotel to give my autistic child the chance to use, what I thought would be, a nice pool. While in the pool area, another family was there celebrating a birthday. They were being extremely rowdy and acting in a way that was harmful to them and to everyone around them.

Their children were diving into the hot tub, which was 3 ft. deep at the most. No one, the parents or the staff, did anything to control the children or the noise. My husband, a member of the military, finally felt the need to say something to the children who were diving into the hot tub. The mother of the children immediately got aggressive and began yelling at us. She didn't want my husband to tell her children to be safe! After I defended my husband, she took her boot off and tried to hit me over the head with it. I grabbed my son and headed for the door, where she chased me down. She pushed my son's head into the door, grabbed my back and put her hands on my face.

By that time, security had heard all the noise and came to the door to see what was going on. They witnessed her attacking me and stood there and watched. They did nothing. My son was extremely upset by all this. My fiance had to get the lady, who was over twice my size, off of me. Security finally waltzed in and basically told us both to go back to our rooms. Why was I told to go to my room after I was just attacked? Why was the other party allowed to stay in the hotel after that? Assault is allowed at the Doubletree? We called the police, after the hotel staff asked us not to. They basically begged us not to.

The police came and the hotel security would not offer a statement. Therefore, I was not able to press charges. Even after the police left, the lady was threatening to have my husband killed. We wanted to leave and were told we would not be refunded for our room. My son had to witness his mother getting attacked and it is something he still remembers and that was 6 months ago. I am considering suing.

We checked out on April 8, 2010 from Doubletree in Charlottesville, VA. My receipt states $327.80 however my debit card was charged $409.75. I signed the receipt stating $327.80. I called the hotel and was told this was for incidentals "in case" we accumulated some. We did not yet, we were charged for them. Accounting said it would take a week to fall off and the actual charge will show. This was not disclosed, my receipt shows $327.80, and this $81.95 extra has caused my account to overdraft.

On top of all of that, our room and bed was infested with insects. We were given another room but that one had them as well. I have photos of the insects for verification. I woke up with 3 welts on my neck the next morning and assume I was bit by some insect in the bed there. My checking account was over drafted due to this error. I also have the welts on my neck from the insect bites.

We arrived after delayed flight--my self and up to 80 other passengers after traveling over 30 hours. Our rooms had been double-booked, and the receptionist tried for over 20 minutes to locate a manager or staff to help unsuccessfully. The reception now was covered in wet snow people, and quite dangerous, we eventually got keys but as we had not eaten or had a hot drink for so long, we expected to be able to go for breakfast.

The restaurant should have opened 6.30am; it was now 6.50am. A horrible rude member of the staff blocked the room with chairs and proceeded to row, with another member of staff occasionally shouting and being rude to customers. He then smirked and got a plate of food for his self, despite being reported twice to another member of staff. I have never met anyone so rude and disgraceful in all my life.

I then moved the chairs and helped my self to cold food which had now been out for over 30 minutes. I knew of the lady member of staff who was just as rude and slapped the bill on my table, then shouting, demanded I paid. I requested to see the manager, and he simply refused to deal with any of the complaint or the complete chaos that was going on around him. The whole incident was deeply upsetting. The hotel was just as bad upon our return 2 weeks later, after a cruise vacation. And no attempt has been made to contact me despite several requests.

Using my debit card, I reserved a room on Oct. 4 for the night of Oct. 29 for employees to attend a seminar. The correct amount was debited from my account immediately, as expected.

On Oct. 30, I checked my bank account and noticed 2 additional withdrawals ($50 and $22.99) by DoubleTree. I reviewed my confirmation notice and statement and there was no mention of additional charges.

I just spoke with Doubletree and found out the charge was to cover possible "incidental expenses". He said it should come off my account in 3-4 days. How can they just willy-nilly subtract an undisclosed amount from a person's bank account that they determined to be appropriate without any notice?

Doubletree Guest Suites Company Profile