Enterprise Rent A Car Visit Website

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.09/5
Based on 2,026 ratings submitted in the last year

Enterprise Rent A Car Visit Website

Enterprise Rent A Car Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2020

The lack of communication baffled me. Liberty Mutual insurance gave me a discounted rate after a car accident. 24.00 a day. They give me a reservation in Greenbrook but I live in Hillsborough. I'm told by phone that my economy car will be ready in Hillsborough on Weds morning. Weekly rate is 123.00. This was Saturday so 3 plus days until I can get my rental, and their "week" is Wednesday thru Saturday.

I go to Hillsborough office Wednesday morning 8 am. I'm told my Visa card with Renter's insurance is not eligible for that benefit because I'm getting a "discounted rate". The car needs to be returned by Saturday morning 8am. So I have the car Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Return it at 7 45 am Saturday morning. They don't open until 9 on Saturday and I really wanted someone working there to witness I didn't damage the car since I did not pay the extra money for rental damage insurance.

I left the keys in the drop box when someone working there showed up at 8. She had an attitude when I asked her to look at the car parked in the back to prove no damages done. I also took a picture of the gas gauge. 1/8 under a half tank. I gave them more gas back because I went over the half tank mark. I went on Priceline and saw I could get a rental car for 14 a day, not economy, but a bigger mid sized car. Never again Enterprise. Never again. Why a 4 day charge when you only have the car for 3 days?

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Susan, our locations do their very best to take care of all customers in a timely fashion. We would be happy to discuss your experience further. To do so, please email us at care@enterprise.com include your reservation & rental agreement numbers, your contact information, full name on the rental agreement, and any additional details regarding your concerns. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Didn't have any cars, then didn't have what I reserved, then they want me to drive all over town to who knows how many branches to get a car. Had to repeat myself a gazillion times and they still sent the res to the wrong branch. Terrible company, will never use again.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Amy, we would like to address this with you directly. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and the full details so we can look into this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I dealt with Enterprise in Oakville on the South Service Road. I must say that Joe ** and his staff were outstanding. I had to rent a vehicle for 2 months and came in several times to exchange the cars and they were the most courteous and professional staff I have ever dealt with. I would highly recommend this location to anyone.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Linda, thank you for the awesome compliment. It's great to hear you received such great service from Joe. I’ll be sure to pass this along to the Oakville location’s upper management. We look forward to seeing you next time. –Carol H.

Original review: March 11, 2020

**, ** and the rest were professional and patient. Nice job. They were always ready to listen and find solution to my request. I will always go to the 1345 Park Brooke Circle, Marietta location because they are welcoming.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Ray, thanks for taking the time to share your great rental experience with us! We'll be sure to pass this compliment along to the Marietta Austell Road office. See you next time! – Carol H.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Simple I returned a rental car back to Enterprise 1 day earlier than I asked for. However I was charged for the day I didn't have the rental car, I was told because the keys were not inside the dropbox, which was never stated to me upon rental. Also when I told the employee I would maybe not need the car on Monday I would possibly return it Sunday, she stated to me they're closed on Sunday so just keep it til Monday.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Jeremy, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences and assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this. Thank you. – Carol H.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: March 10, 2020

About two weeks after I received a car rental from Enterprise while my car was being fixed I got a flat tire. I called roadside assistance and was told the tow driver would bring a replacement. It never came. Two hours later I called roadside assistance and was told that since it was Sunday they wouldn’t be able to bring the replacement. The next morning I called again and was told they couldn’t deliver a replacement but the tow driver would take me to an Enterprise office. When the tow arrived, he said he couldn’t take me and left.

I called roadside assistance again and they said they would be sure to tell the tow company to take me to Enterprise but the next driver said the same thing as the first. I called the Enterprise office where my rental had come from and was told by the manager that they couldn’t pick me up because I lived too far away (10 minutes). I should also note that the rental had no spare, only run flats. I was not told about this when I received the car.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Mark, we would like to discuss your experience with us in more detail. Please email us at care@enterprise.com with your contact information, reservation or rental agreement number, and any additional details. Thank you. -Carol H.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Another wonderful experience at Enterprise on Pensacola boulevard in Pensacola Florida. Exceptional customer service. They go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. I have been renting from them for several years now and I have never had a bad experience.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Anissa, thanks for taking the time to share your great rental experience with us! We'll be sure to pass this compliment along. See you next time! – Carol H.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Proper protocol wasn't followed when I rented a vehicle, I was told by Enterprise that I'm not responsible for the damages and wouldnt have to pay, and a month later, I still receive a claim. I dispute the claim based on the above mentioned. Communication is terrible. A manager at Enterprise calls me and doesn't document it, so my claim states that they were unable to reach me. The same manager also offered to pay half of my deductible so we could end this. Is that legal? Absolutely horrid experience. Will never rent with Enterprise again and will encourage others to do the same.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Sara, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences and assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I flew in to the airport and went to rent my car. I made sure that I had all the right information according to the phone representative. When I got to the counter to rent a car, I was told that the representative on the phone didn't know what she was talking about and no I can't rent a car. I was stuck at the airport, no plane ticket, no rental car, nothing. I finally found a Greyhound bus to get me home.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Donald, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences and assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I rented a full-size truck on Monday 3/2/20 for two days (my 19th personal rental since 2017, all with Enterprise). Upon arriving, I was assigned a vehicle and went on my way. When I received home to load my luggage into the vehicle, I noticed damage on the tailgate that neither of us noticed (it was POURING rain) and also noticed a nail in the rear tire. I returned to the location and they "didn't have another truck", despite there being two full size trucks parked in the lot (a white Silverado and a white Dodge Ram). I was given a Dodge Caravan (not what I wanted, reserved, or was promised) and went on my way because I had no other choice. Still pouring rain. Still a rushed inspection.

I returned the vehicle early (the next day) after hours. I backed it into the spot right in front of the building and left the keys in the drop box. On Tuesday, I didn't receive my receipt, which was unusual, but I chalked it up to them being busy, when I was there there were 5 or 6 customers and only one girl working. At 1:54am Wednesday I received a damage report.

I went to the location at 8:00am when they opened, and the van was gone. I walked inside and was told that they found a dent in the driver's side fender, it was obviously hit by another car. I know for a fact that this damage wasn't present when I returned the vehicle, as do my mother and my wife, both of which picked me up from the location when I dropped the van off. I asked if they had cameras to see what happened to it, they said they didn't and it didn't matter because I was responsible until it was checked in, even if it was on the premises.

I said this wasn't right and asked to speak to her supervisor. She called a man named Zachary on her cell and handed me the phone. He said he was in another location and he wasn't going to discuss it with me on the phone. So, I drove ~20 minutes to his location. At this time, he proceeded to show me the contract where it says that you're responsible for the vehicle up until it's checked in, even if it's parked on their lot. Important to note this language isn't in the contract that you are emailed when you pick the vehicle up.

I explained that it didn't make any sense that I would be responsible for damages after I returned the vehicle, especially considering they both agreed it was possible, even likely that it was hit because of where it was parked. (For reference, this location is located on a main street with a speed limit of 45 mph and where you turn in there is approximately 20-30 feet before the parking spaces. Additionally, they have over half of the driveway blocked off as a "loading zone" of sorts.) The van was backed into the first space, hardly a place I'd have parked it if it was damaged and if I was trying to hide some type of damage. I asked the girl if they checked the car that was parked next to it, to which she replied "it was an employee's car, they didn't hit it" which is weird considering the spot next to mine is a handicapped spot and I didn't notice any employees working that were handicapped.

I am entirely convinced that the van was hit in the Enterprise parking lot after I returned it. There is not enough room for vehicles to leave the road at speed and sufficiently stop before approaching those parking spaces. Additionally, I think it's unreasonable to offer a drop box if the renter is still responsible for the car even after it's on Enterprise property. Finally, and more importantly, it's deceptive, misleading, and dishonest not to disclose this fact more clearly.

I cannot believe that it's simply a coincidence that this important piece of information was left off the 'contract' you receive in your email, despite the presence of several other, less important disclaimers. I assume this was designed specifically for situations such as this. The wording in the fine print that you have to click to open and scroll through describes that the renter is responsible until the vehicle is checked in, so even if you returned it and handed the keys to an employee who didn't check it in for 3 hours, you'd still be responsible for it during that time frame. Yep, even handing the keys to an employee doesn't end your rental.

In the end, I guess Enterprise will "win" this one and I'll be forced to pay for the damages, but in doing so it's important that they are aware that they're not only losing the business of someone who travels a LOT for work (~10 rentals a year) but someone who owns a service business that leases 5-10 trucks per summer to use as service vehicles for seasonal techs, and has typically used Enterprise for that. I wish I had read my review before spending so much money with them, at this point my 'victory' will come from warning others. If I stop one other person from using Enterprise, I'll consider it money well spent.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Shawn, we would like to address this with you directly. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and the full details so we can look into this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information