Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.51/5
Based on 1,998 ratings submitted in the last year

Enterprise Rent A Car Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Rented a car in Los Angeles for one week, to go to Disneyland. When we returned it the agent noticed a damaged area on the rear fender. She "estimated." It would cost $ 2000.00 to repair. She's a rental agent, not a certified insurance adjuster. She told us the car could not be rented again until it was repaired. Then, right in front of us, another agent rented it to another customer. That customer pointed out the damage, and the agent said: "Oh, that's nothing". What do you want to bet they blame it on her also. So, Enterprise decides to charge my credit card an extra $500.00 without my permission. Called the credit card company and told them what happened. They froze the card, reversed the charges, and issued a new card. Too bad for Enterprise!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Worst rental experience on Mykonos Island in Greece, the married couple that runs the station is totally unprofessional and downright rude. Fortunately for us we took a video of the car when they handed it over because upon returning the car they claimed we had made a dent into it, which we could prove wrong then. Google reviews is full of similar stories from other customers... I don't understand how Enterprise can employ such people?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

After making reservations for a vehicle then drove up the highway just for them to tell me that they don’t have any more cars left had me waste my time and gas for nothing instead of calling and saying, "Sorry sir, we don’t have anything left." I’ll never get another car from them again!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

The University I work for has a corporate account with the company and as the department head I pick up the trucks when we rent them. They of course want to see your drivers license which is reasonable. When we dropped the truck off we did not fill it up and were charged to top it off. Again, reasonable. However they kept contacting me personally to pay the balance due and sent the dunning letters to my home.

Exactly 30 days after we dropped the truck of they had sent the bill to collections and suspended my PERSONAL account. My secretary and I both called and explained this was a corporate account and that the bill had been sent to accounts payable. It fell on deaf ears as they continued to harass me. In my last conversation they told me that if any "3rd party" e.g. my employer didn't pay it becomes the responsibility of the driver!! Total BS and a fine example of corporate greed. Neither my department or me will rent from Enterprise ever again. So beware when offering you license on behalf of your employer, it might cost you dearly. The bill was paid by my employer in this case but others might not be so fortunate.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Went to pick up SUV after confirmation # received. No Suv tried to give me a car. Was going on vacation needed more room. Called multiple times talked to managers and more managers no luck. One said they had one a hour away. Tried to call 6 times no answer. Manager said airport shops usually dont answer phone. WHAT! Will never use Enterprise again and will tell everyone the same thing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I rented a car from Enterprise and was charged 270 dollars for 14 hrs rental. Rental quoted as 36 dollars per day. Was told I could change return point but not extra charges. Have received no email confirmation I was advised I would. Picked up car at Sahara Las Vegas and returned to Hollywood Los Angeles. Never again. Will go back to my usual car rental company.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Rented a car at Boston airport. There was a long line with only 2 employees manning the counters. Tried the check in kiosk but it did not print any documents. Wasted time doing that and then had to go back to the back of the line. There was no one to assist or answer questions. After checking in headed to pickup the car and another wait there. A real waste of time of about 40 minutes. Will take Uber next time.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I have been renting vehicles from Enterprise in Ontario, CA near the Airport terminal for quite some time now. Our company has a corporate account with them. The staff here is top shelf! They always aim to please. Really appreciate, the consistent level of service I receive from Samson and Ashley, both of which go the extra mile to ensure I have a great experience. Thank you, Team!

-Paul-

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

9-23-2019 we rented a car last minute from Enterprise. Joe the gentleman was working alone but was courteous even though very busy. There was a gentleman whom had washed the car we were getting and it was still wet from just getting cleaned. I had done the usual inspection and my husband drove it home so I could drop off my truck and load up the car. We had noticed while picking up items that the car was vibrating and we drove it back to the lot. Joe was informed and we were asked if it got worse on the freeway. We didn't know as we hadn't even left town yet. We also were told all vehicles had routine inspections. We were not being offered a different car and time was short so we left with the vibrating car.

While upon the freeway it only got louder to a point the radio couldn't mask the noise. At this point I called Joe. We agreed to drive to the nearest Enterprise and change cars. He thanked me for letting him Know and that was the end of the conversation, by the time we reached Pasco I had the worse headache and we went to the nearest Enterprise rental and asked for a exchange. The gentleman at the counter instructed us back to parking lot and to a replacement vehicle, the vehicle hadn't yet been cleaned or washed and the smell from the car was nauseating.

We went back in to enterprise and had informed him the car he was giving us wasn't yet clean. Not once at either location did they offer a better vehicle and of course I think they should not ever let a vehicle like this leave their parking lot. Not once did they offer a better car. We drove to our location windows down and air conditioning running at both locations. Someone should have decided no one should be made to drive any vehicle. If they think something is wrong get out there and inspect the car something geez. So disappointed in how this all turned out.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I have made a reservation online to pick up a car from my local rental office 91776. Got a confirmation online and went to pick up the car early Friday for a 4 day rental, I have requested a large car because I have a mobility problem. I was looking for a easy in and out. Arrived on time. They confirm the reservation and told me they have no car for me. They actually had no cars on the lot. I was told my car is on the other side of town. I canceled the reservation and went to Hertz.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information