2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.32/5
Based on 2,038 ratings submitted in the last year

Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Enterprise Rent A Car Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I was disappointed. They did not honor reservation. When you go to the two location in Miami Gardens, the people who work there did not care about customer service. They do not have enough vehicles, but they still advertising. Do not lose your time and energy. It is other companies with a better service.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Kathryn, I assure you it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers and we'd like the chance to turn this around. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Enterprise charged me twice. This company is horrible! I will never rent with them again. This has been a frustrating experience. They charged me 1,584 dollars twice and they won't refund me my money. Horrible company! The manager at Long Beach -Ocean Blvd branch, acts as if he doesn't know what happened. I've contacted the Corporate office and they're no help. I pretty much got robbed almost 1600 dollars from this company and all I've gotten was fingers pointed to the next. No one wants to take the blame for this ** and it's not fair. Enterprise this is so messed up!

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Lashell, we'd like the chance to have a closer look at this. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, the rental agreement or reservation number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

RA# ** We rented a Cadillac from Enterprise rental in Allen TX for about 8 days. We were rushed through while handing over the car. When we returned the car they took about 20 minutes to inspect the car and said that it's hail damaged. I did not noticed the 3 minor dings at the first look. Only when you look at an angle very closely then you notice the minor ding on the bonnet. There was no ding on the roof. I would have never noticed it (nor I was looking for this tiny ding) while taking the car. Also, during our trip both the rear Tyre was constantly losing pressure.

I took the car to the enterprise location in VA and they directed me to their authorized tyre center (Mr. Tyre). They took the rental car from us for about 3 hours and replaced both rear tyre. All in all, it looks like we were not treated fairly by the local enterprise branch in Allen TX. Essentially I became the fall guy and we were made to pay $1,000 for damage we did not do. I rent regularly with enterprise and am plus member. With this bad experience I am thinking of staying away from enterprise.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Nasir, your feedback is important in maintaining and improving service and satisfaction for all our valued customers. We would like to discuss your experience with us in more detail. Please email us at care@enterprise.com with your contact information, claims, reservation or rental agreement number, and any additional details. Thank you. -Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

In August of 2019 my family traveled to Beaver Creek, Colorado. We landed in Denver and rented a car for the remaining travel distance. When we paid for the rental at the Denver Airport I made sure and asked the agent to make sure the rental was accounted for on my Enterprise account and not my husband's. She said this was not a problem. Upon returning home and waiting for a month for the points to show up on my account, we realized that the points were indeed put on my husband's account. When we were checking out in Denver we should have been told that the credit card needed my name. It is a joint account and I had a card. I was on crutches from an injury and my husband could get to his wallet easier, but we would have been happy to take the time and pay for the rental properly.

After hours spent on the phone on multiple occasions with both nice customer specialists and arrogant customer specialists we still do not have a solution. The one solution that Enterprise came up with wasn’t a solution. Enterprise sent my husband vouchers that they said could be retroactively redeemed on our Denver rental. When my husband tried to redeem them, the vouchers wouldn’t work due to the type of vehicle we rented. My resistance has finally been worn down. This was their error and we have been told it cannot be fixed. We rent from Enterprise about six to eight time a year, but this one experience has changed my attitude towards Enterprise. Prior to this I would have recommended them, but my experience with corporate has not been great. I will say most other rentals with them have been fine. I just can't believe that this one action can't be fixed in their system.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

K, points are earned by the primary renter listed on the contract. We're happy to take a look at this for you. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information,Enterprise Plus id, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I reserved my car - a midsize SUV a day earlier with the arrival time of 7:30. From the moment I came in I was met with horrible service - I was informed that my midsize SUV was not available and they would upgrade me to a minivan. They barely offered any solutions, but were filled with excuses and even told me to take my business elsewhere with Hertz. I have never been treated so poorly at a place of business where I am paying over $400 to rent their vehicle. The lady at the counter - Chelsea even casually informed me that since I had not paid anything, I basically did. I need to rent over there. I am extremely appalled that in 2020 customers are treated so poorly at a place of business. Enterprise is a reputable company so I expected world class service - every customer, every time. I was extremely disappointed and will never ever rent again with them.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Grace, we are focused on ensuring all our customers receive their reserved vehicles and assure you it’s never our intention to inconvenience you. Our offices make every effort to accommodate your needs. We'd like to pass your information along to someone with authority so that they are aware of your experience to do so, please email Care@Enterprise.com your contact telephone number, email address, reservation number, the exact rental office location and any additional details. Thanks! – Carol

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Rented a car this past weekend from Enterprise Denver Airport, the entire rental experience was first rate, the ladies on the line even moved us to a brand new Cadillac XT4 SUV when all of our stuff wouldn't fit into an Audi Q3. In the mad scramble at return time, my wife's wallet slid out of her purse and onto the floor of the car, which we didn't discover until we went to check our bags at the airport. Called the 866 number since they don't list the local office number, wasted 10 minutes giving all of the rental info to someone I could barely understand. Decided to hop back on the bus to the office, told them our plight and one of the agents quickly tracked down the Cadillac and produced the lost wallet, I thanked him profusely before running to the bus and back to the airport making our flight with 5 minutes to spare. Five Stars up until this point, here is where it goes downhill.

After my wife caught her breath on the plane she opened her wallet to check the contents only to discover the $200 she had in cash was missing from inside. I guess we should be grateful we got an expensive wallet and all of the cards and ID's back but for one of your employees to rifle through a customer's wallet and remove all the cash is downright dishonest and makes you wonder how honest this employee is in general. This incident won't prevent me from renting from enterprise in the future since all previous transactions have gone smoothly, this is more about the honesty of your individual employees and not the company as a whole. Lesson learned, take a few extra seconds to check for your stuff before dashing off to catch your flight.

Tom,
    We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to Care@Enterprise.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Carol H.

Social Monitoring

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

We had reserved and paid for a rental car from this location weeks before traveling to Las Vegas for our vacation. We were scheduled to pick up our rental car on January 4th at 11:00 am. We received a call from this location at 10:00 am on January 4th letting us know that they did not have a car for our reservation and would need to be placed on a waiting list, which we were #5 on. We were contacted while we were getting ready to check out of our hotel (arrived in Vegas on Dec. 25th) and ride the Monorail to this location (we purchased a 3 day pass for this first part of our trip) to pick up our car and go to our next hotel reservation in Sedona, AZ. They were unwilling to try to find a solution to help get us into a car so that we could get to the next part of our vacation without losing a day at our next stop or having to incur additional costs to pay for another night at our hotel because of their negligence.

After calling Enterprise's corporate number for help, I was told to go to the Sahara Las Vegas location because they would be able to assist me. We checked out of our hotel and walked to this location while my husband was on the phone with the Westgate location trying to find a solution with them. The Sahara Las Vegas location was having the same problem and we were put on their waiting list as #9. We were then informed by the Sahara location that some people were receiving their cars up to a day later than their reserved date due to a shortage of cars. We were told that there were no Enterprise locations in the Las Vegas area that had available cars due to Enterprise Corporate reserving too many cars that they couldn't fulfill. After this conversation, we took the monorail to the Westgate location to try to talk to them about what they could do to help us not lose time or money from our planned trip.

While we were there, I was in contact with Enterprise's corporate offices to try get us help. I was hung up on twice (once the representative hung up on me and the second time I was on hold after being transferred to acquisitions for so long that it bumped me to the customer service survey then the connection was terminated) and on hold for 30 minutes waiting to speak to someone that would be able to help us get into a vehicle. I was not able to talk to anyone because we were able to secure a car ourselves through Enterprise at the McCarran Airport location - apparently that location had cars for rental but both the Westgate and Sahara locations were unwilling to work with that location to fulfill our rental agreement. Once we had a car confirmed there, I gave up trying to talk to someone through the Enterprise's customer service and hung up.

We had to take an Uber to the Airport at our cost (which we weren't expecting hence the Monorail pass) and that location was incredibly empathetic and apologetic. The process to fulfill our rental agreement through our reservation number was smooth and easy. The entire ordeal to secure a car via our agreement took 2 hours. It was frustrating that both the Westgate and Sahara locations as well as corporate were unwilling to help and we had to contact and arrange a car at the airport on our own.

I do not understand why these two locations were unwilling to work with the McCarran Airport location to fulfill Westgate's end of our rental agreement. During our travels in the past, whenever a company ran out of cars we had reservations to rent they would send us to another company to get a car and the original company with the rental agreement would cover the cost. Never did I have to worry about losing time on a vacation, missing a hotel reservation or having to pay for an unexpected additional night stay because were are stranded due to a major car rental company's negligence. I would not recommend this location, and at this point this company, under any circumstance. I have lost trust in this brand due to the Westgate's unwillingness to fulfill their contract to us and Enterprise Corporate's insensitivity towards our situation.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Vanessa, I assure you it's never our intention to inconvenience a valued customer and make every effort to accommodate your needs. This team is happy to pass your information along to someone with authority so that they are aware of your experience. To do so, please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact telephone number, email address, reservation number, the exact rental office location and any additional details. Thank you. –Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I have been an Enterprise customer for 10 years and have had a great experience up until now. I travel a lot and I am a professional pilot, so we rent cars a LOT! I flew into the El Paso airport and my rental started out well, got to my destination and hotel for the night. The next morning when I get out to the vehicle, pop the trunk to put my things in the back and hop in to get started. I push the button and the car won't start. On top of that the front tire was started showing tire low on one side. Worked with roadside assistance and they got there within an hour and had me going within an hour and a half, but was going to miss my flight which I booked weeks in advance at a much lower cost. I had to get home that day, so I had to book a ticket that cost me $450 more.

After talking to the tow truck driver and being that I have worked on my own vehicles for years, the first thing I checked for the low battery was if I left any lights on or any doors crack, but never found a thing wrong with the vehicle. The tow truck driver said on his jump box that the car had 11.9 volts and these newer cars with the push buttons won't start even if there is the slightest discharge. I was irate! In the mean time I was trying to call the ELP Enterprise and literally for 2 1/2 hours, I could never get a person and it would go to voicemail. Left a voicemail and it took them a week to call me back.

When I got to the airport, I explained my situation. They gave me the phone card of the area manager. They told me he would reach out to me. A week goes by and nothing. I finally reached out then he responded. After emailing back and forth be in a polite way pretty much called me an idiot and his mechanic said the battery charged up quickly and could find nothing wrong. He said he could give me a few free days and I explained that I was just looking for enough free days to cover the additional cost of my ticket. Well it has been three weeks and I have sent multiple follow up emails and never a peep. I am done with Enterprise unless they can make this right. The company I work for and myself personally spend thousands of dollars a year with Enterprise and frankly I am taking my business elsewhere.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Ethan, your feedback is important to us and helps to improve service and satisfaction for all customers. To speak with us further, please DM the complete details include your contact telephone number and email address, exact rental office location, your rental agreement or reservation number. Thank you. -Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

After arriving in Miami from a wonderful family vacation cruise 12 Of us took a $120 cab ride to the Enterprise kiosk. Once we arrive here we were told there were no vehicles that could accommodate us. We booked two 8 passenger vehicles “4 months” previous. How does a company treat people like this. There the twelve us were standing with bags of luggage. We have now spent hundreds of dollars on Uber rides and have had to hire a private driver to take all of us to Key West. We will now not have a vehicle in Key West. We will be spending more money on Uber’s and taxis. I will never ever use Enterprise again. We too contacted the corporate office who never got back to us. Basically left us standing on the street. What a joke of a company. You should be so ashamed!

Enterprise Rent A Car response

L., your feedback is important in maintaining and improving service and satisfaction for all our valued customers. To speak with us further, please email Care@Enterprise.com with the complete details include your contact telephone number and email address,exact rental office location, rental agreement or reservation number. Thank you. -Carol H.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I have rented from the enterprise in Marlton NJ for the last 3 years times for business trips as well as personal needs. Every time I have to take a business trip I would rent a car from them. I am a “Platinum” customer. I do not know if their management has changed but that is an assumption I am making. In short, the last time I rented I was charged an exorbitant rate which came out to about a little less than 1k a week. An OUTRAGEOUS rate. The “assistant” Manager was rude and very unapologetic when I spoke to him mid rental. All I have to say is I find their pricing now to be deceptive and outrageous. I have written to their customer service department and not received an answer. They have charged my company's credit card over 3 THREE THOUSAND dollars.

I have spoken to other rental companies to use for my future needs. They have assured me their rates are much fairer and they do not charge for the extras as Enterprise does. They educated me that this is a common complaint about Enterprise and is due to the fact that the individual stores are franchises and decisions are left to the discretion of the individual owners. I would recommend that anyone reading this not to assume the Enterprise customer loyalty program means anything or that the friendliness of their staff when you speak to them and what they tell you will be honored. Go elsewhere for your business and personal needs.

Enterprise Rent A Car response

Dorothy, thank you for your review. If you can provide a few more details, we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please email care@enterprise.com with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number and the details of your experience stated above. - Carol H.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information