Need a good rental car company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.55/5
Based on 2,030 ratings submitted in the last year

3289 Enterprise Rent A Car Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

I had to rent a car at the very last minute on a Friday while my car was being worked on and they were very accommodating and provided awesome service. The staff is very friendly and help you select the best car for your budget. Thanks for the excellent service!

Original review: July 10, 2019

Let me start saying that my wife and I we have a very good tariff with Enterprise as employees. Every time that we rent a car, is a nightmare. All is a problem. Pamplona. My wife was two hours late to rent. They told her that, maybe in the afternoon/evening. She had a flight to catch in six hours and trip involved were four. They did not care.

Second occasion. Madrid Chamartin. My wife rent a car, after a lot of problems to get the defined rental fee (even with an email from Enterprise, with confirmation). When she arrives to destination, next day, she is called that there is a damage in a tyre. When she goes there, that small damage could have been there from the beginning. She did not do anything wrong to the car. They decided, that even if the tyre was not needed to be changed, to charge us around 150 Euros extra... Beware of this company, they are thieves and they don't even keep what it is written.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Rented from Toronto. When returning a virtually new pick up truck the agent asked me to come and view a dent in the bumper. He needed a flashlight and I still had a hard time seeing the tiny little dent in the corner of bumper. This was in the same dark garage that I picked it up from and they never provided me a flashlight to inspect the car. The dent could have been there when I picked it up. I complained but it did not matter, they charged me 730.00 for the fix. I shared this experience with the 10000 employees where I work. Shame on you Enterprise.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I am writing so others think twice about renting from this company. I was in Oregon and had just come there from the trains station and was supposed to have a car at predetermined price and first thing they did was add money that I never agreed to. This was the start of the nightmare with them. The car was dirty and they needed to wash it because it had been on a long trip from the looks of it.

I did a quick walk around and the windshield was wet and even if it wasn't I didn't or wouldn't have noticed a crack in the windshield that was only noticed 4 days after I returned the car and they simply assumed it was somehow my responsibility and sent me letters and I have been waiting for them to realize that it was already in their possession for 4 days. And then noticed a crack. So they just go ahead and try and blame me. And also try and make me pay for It as well. I am absolutely so upset for even renting from them and may have to get some legal help to get them to do the right thing. Never rent a car from them.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Reserved a one way rental for 6:30pm on June 22 from Portsmouth, NH to Washington DC. The office was listed online as being open till 8pm. It was closed when I got there and customer service admitted the error and said I had to figure it out on my own. Promised someone would call me within two weeks to help cover the expenses of getting to DC without a rental car. Here is it 18 days later and no contact. 100% their error and they have just ignored the situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Original review: July 9, 2019

I rented a car for more than a month at Enterprise (while mine was in a body shop), paying nearly $1,400 out of pocket for this rental, and expecting to earn points for this from their rewards program that clearly states: "We Made It Simple: Dollars Spent Equals Points Earned With Enterprise Plus, the more you rent, the more rewards you earn."

When I asked why my account wasn't awarded points for my rental, I received an explanation that my rental was "non-qualifying" (with no explanation) and any attempts to speak with someone just got recorded responses and go arounds. I also had another vacation rental (just 4 days) with the same result: my rental was "non-qualifying" even though it also was booked directly with Enterprise.

All I can conclude is that their rewards program is nothing but a scam, despite that claim that dollars spent equals points earned. Also, their customer service is woefully inadequate. I will not be spending any more dollars with Enterprise and will make sure that my employees and acquaintances do not either. This is not an ethical company to do business with.

Original review: July 9, 2019

We had 7 people and 11 suitcases/bags. We arrived at the pick up area to get our vehicle. They did not have what we requested. We were put in a minivan. It was almost 2 am. We were exhausted from delays and missed connections. Instead of the bringing a vehicle to us we had to carry our luggage and walk to the vans and pick one out. While walking through the parking garage to get to the minivans, we passed 19 large SUV's, which is what we requested. The awful salesperson that escorted us on our 2 am walkabout, said that if we called in the next morning we could speak to someone about getting the vehicle we requested and it would be brought to us. So, we SHOVED all of our luggage into the van and went our own way.

First thing the next morning we called Enterprise. We explained our frustrations along with our desired outcome. We were transferred to multiple people. We finally ended up with a Manager. He supposed to look into the situation and call us back. We NEVER heard back from anyone. We have ALWAYS been loyal Enterprise customers. We have been renting vehicles for 10+ years. Even when the cost was higher with Enterprise, we paid the extra fees. If a customer cannot be valued and at least have a phone call returned to rectify a situation, then the company does not value our loyalty and certainly will not have our business in the future. We will NEVER rent with Enterprise again.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I went online on the Alaska Airlines site and rented a car one way from Wichita Falls, Tx to DFW airport. Total cost to be 79.00 which I thought was reasonable. When I went to pick up my car from Enterprise they said they couldn't find my reservation so I showed them the email that I was sent confirming my reservation. To my surprise the reservation said Wichita KS. to DFW not Wichita falls, TX. The girl at the counter said it happens all the time there and they said they could still get me there and I was happy with that until they told me instead of 79.00 it would be 159.00. I told them that didn't make sense as Wichita KS is a lot further from Dallas than Wichita Falls. They refused to give me my confirmed rate even though they knew it was a glitch with the site. I've rented from them quite a bit in the past but never again.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I am very disappointing with my car rental experience. I got a car from Tesla Burbank, CA from Enterprise. First person working there not helpful. He started using his iPad for paperwork then he said his iPad batter finished then he did paperwork on paper. I showed him couple damages on wheel and on side. He said all recorded. I said, "You are sure?" He said, "Yes." I took a car and then returned. I printed out my receipt from there online receipt portal. That has charges and also ODOMETER reading out and in and total mileage used.

After like one and half month I received a bill for damages. I tried to talk to claim department and they are very rude. Kristin she was rude not even listen what I was trying to say about these charges and all. I said, "I never receive any call from anyone about this or letters from you. What is all this?" She said, "You have to pay charges." I requested paperwork. She said, "Those were sent to you." One I never received. When sent me ODOMETER Reading on damage work was wrong that is not matching on my receipt as I already returned before those mileage.

No one helping me from Enterprise side. I am helpless now and hoping some nice from them contact me and close this case. Or I will end up starting case on Enterprise. It is not acceptable at all. I just need help to resolve this so it is removed from my name. Clearly my receipt mileage showing it was returned on mileage on that receipt and on damage report mileage is different. I will start legal action if no one help me here from Enterprise. Anyone from Enterprise please help.

Original review: July 1, 2019

What a wonderful and truly exceptional employee you have in Ms Rosie **. My experience was excellent, I actually didn’t rent the car from the Rio Grande, NJ store, but instead was provided a service loaner from Mercedes-Benz of Atlantic City. I was driving to Cape May to for a meeting when I realized the vehicle I was driving (Mercedes GLC 300), had a warning light on the dash on and a beeping noise.

I stopped at the Rio Grande Enterprise for assistances and met with Ms. **. The store was busy and she seemed to be the only one working. I wait only a minute or so and she greeted me. I employ over 100 people and her ability to control the activities going on around her was superior to most. I would like to thank her and Enterprise for the great customer service. FYI. She removed my overweight briefcase from the front passenger seat and the light and beeping stop, I laughed, who knew that the car was trying to tell me to seatbelt my briefcase in.

Enterprise Rent A Car Company Information