2. Travel
Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.5/5 (1822 ratings)

About Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a global car rental company with more than 8,000 locations. Customers can rent cars, SUVs, trucks, minivans, vans, exotic cars and moving trucks. Frequent renters can enroll in its Enterprise Plus program to get benefits like points earned for every rental, free rental days and members-only check-in.

Pros

• Offers rental cars for any budget
  • One-way or long-term rentals
  • Wide selection of cars

Cons

• Cars may have high mileage

Bottom Line

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a reputable car rental company with locations all across the world. It offers a wide selection of safe and reliable cars for just about any budget.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent-A-Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Enterprise Rent A Car?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I had to rent a car from Enterprise for an insurance replacement after my car was damaged. When I got to Enterprise the car that they gave me was a minivan. I walked around the car and I noticed that he had a small sideswipe on the back of it. I pointed that out to the rental agent that was helping me. He noted it on the contract. I then signed but he had to do the contract over. When he redid the contract over he never put the damage on the contract, like he did the first contract. When I went to exchange the car because it was a gas guzzler the manager of the branch pointed out the side swipe as she did a walk around.

I assured her that it was already there when I picked the car up and that it was on the contract. She then stated it wasn’t on my contract so that’s when I told her that, "Well he did two contracts for me and the first one it had it on there so is there any way you can pull the first contract up where it was written on there." She then stated that I was responsible for it, called my insurance company and made a false claim because the car was already damaged when I got it so that’s basically that’s a false claim because it didn’t occur while I had the car. I then asked for corporate number and she act like she didn’t want to give it to me.

Also the rental agent that gave me the car act like he didn’t know what I was talking about and wouldn’t even look at me when I asked to him, "So why didn’t you put the damage on the 2nd contract." I then notified my insurance company and told them about the situation and also let them know that I didn’t damage the car and that they need to investigate it and to see if the 1st contract could be pulled back up because they were trying to get over on them with this shady business practice. I also was made aware that Enterprise does this all the time and I won’t be renting from them anymore. I escalated this situation to corporate and the regional manager. I am awaiting a response but never again will I give Enterprise my business.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Alexis, we’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to Care@Enterprise.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us. Regards. - Carol H.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I rented a vehicle online through Enterprise, had my daughter and 2 small grandchildren drive me to pick it up, it was over an hour away, as this was the only location that had vehicles available. Arrived and was told that due to the nationwide car shortage they had no rental for me, the manager told me that he had requested that the system be updated to reflect that the location was out of stock, but it wasn't done. Called the 800 number, while the customer service rep was nice, she was unable to resolve anything. Was told another location would have a rental later in the day, when I called that location myself, I was told they wouldn't have a rental until Tuesday??? I needed this rental for my business, as my current business car is being repaired. I'm now out over $1000.00 in business income. I also needed to attend a funeral, a birthday party, and take my daughter to a Dr.'s appointment.

If I ran my business like this, I'd be out of business. It seems to me like enterprise, is stringing people along, having them show up at locations to pick up rentals, just in case they have a no-show. There is no reason why systems aren't being updated, unless someone doesn't know how to do their job. This seems to be an ongoing issue, because there are reviews dating back months of people who have experienced the same thing I did today. I know they are aware of this because if you look at complaints on social media platforms, they respond to each complaint. Why is it that this keeps happening, profits! They don't care if you get your rental, they are willing to let you go out of your way, stress you out, disappoint clients, family and friends, and spend hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue, as long as they make their profit. It's horrible customer service and they should be ashamed!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Nicole, thank you for your honest review. Your feedback is important in maintaining and improving service and satisfaction for all our valued customers. At your convenience, please email care@enterprise.com with your full name, contact information, exact rental location, reservation or rental agreement number, the information above, and any additional details. Regards. -Carol H.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Great experience With the Colonial - Woodbridge office of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. The manager was extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. The car was immaculate and fun to drive. I have used Enterprise many times in the past and will continue to do so in the future. Ron *8

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

We're thrilled to hear our Woodbridge team provided you with such great service! We love getting compliments like this & like to pass them along to our team members. Have a great rest of the week! - Carol H.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

SEPTEMBER 2, 2021: As a long time renter, Enterprise is a great company to rent BUT at this location North Long Beach 3300 E Artesia Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90805 that’s when the nightmare started. Due to COVID they had their transactions outside the building. I had informed him several times that I was in a time crunch, instead, he commented, “then you should have come earlier.” I replied, “your driver who was scheduled to pick me up was running late, so how is that my fault?” He immediately asked me for ID and Credit Card to charge me. What? We haven’t even looked at the car nor talk about prices, nor length of return, what kind of service is this? He immediately lost control and started harassing me by using FOUL LANGUAGE at me.

Did I also mention I have video of this incident. You can also review your CCTV’s at 10:20AM. When I asked for his name, he refused to give it. This indicated he knew he messed up. If you did nothing wrong, you wouldn’t refuse, you would give me your name without hesitation. Instead he said, “You’re not getting a car!” First of all, who are you? You don’t own Enterprise, and I’m sure comments like that will get you fired! I asked to speak with a manager, he replied, “I’m the manager,” I asked to speak with someone else, he refused.

At this point, due to his refusal I asked him not to touch me since I proceeded entering the building to ask for assistance. Before posting the video on social media, please reach out so we can come to a resolution. This employee should be fired or suspended without pay. Please message me so I can give you the rental agreement as I paid, out of pocket for a total of 13 days. I eventually found out during my investigation his name is **. I am very disappointed with the service I received from him. Apparently he’s a “Manager in Trainee”. He shouldn’t be assisting paying customers with this behavior. Now, the drop off was great. ** assisted me with impeccable customer service that I know Enterprise upholds. Because of **, I leave a one star review, otherwise it would’ve been a ZERO. Please reach out so we can come to a resolution. Thank you.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Perla, thank you for sharing this review. Your feedback is important in maintaining and improving service and satisfaction for all our valued customers. At your convenience, please email care@enterprise.com with your full name, contact information, exact rental location, reservation or rental agreement number, the information above, and any additional details. Regards. -Carol H.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I am very disappointed in the service I was provided at this particular location in Baton Rouge. My rental date was pushed back causing me to miss work. Customer service is the worse I've ever experienced

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Aaron, your feedback is important in maintaining and improving service and satisfaction for all our valued customers. We would like to discuss your experience with us in more detail. Please email us at care@enterprise.com with your contact information, reservation or rental agreement number, and any additional details. Thank you. -Carol H.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Always listen to your first mind…. I had to rent a car from this place once again due to my car been stolen. So I go back to Enterprise, I rent a Dodge RAM Van from them. After the fact when I reserved a vehicle they had no vehicle for me first of all. Second of all the guy pull up with this big red van that I didn’t need in the first place but since they didn’t have no more vehicles and didn’t want to return my money I had no choice basically. So I’m driving on the northside of Milwaukee going back to my room I hit the most deepest pothole and the car passenger side tire pops and the vehicle kind of losses the ability to drive on the damaged tire.

So the flatbed comes to get the vehicle and I make it to enterprise in Milwaukee Mitchell international airport enterprise rental car they tell me that if I pay the $500.00 deductible that will take care of the damages on the vehicle and they can get me back in a car as soon as possible once that fee is paid to take care of the damages. I walk across to the airport Lobby on the 2nd floor to BMO Harris ATM machine to deposit 500.00 into my account for the damages. I walk back to the airport parking garage where the enterprise rental car place is located. I gave the manager permission to proceed to debit my account for the $500.00. I was then at that moment places in a 2021 Chevy Malibu after I paid the fee for the Dodge RAM Van within the same day in the same hour as the vehicle was returned.

Now 2 months later I receive a bill for $1,285.00 for damages to the same DODGE RAM VAN that I paid the $500.00 deductible and they tell me that’s all I have to pay for the damages. So now that you guys know I don’t have insurance which you knew from the time I paid the $500.00 deductible from the time you put me in another vehicle without insurance as well. Now to remind you back in 2019 I had rented a 2020 Ford Escape titanium from enterprise and I had a blowout on the highway in Louisville Kentucky. I had to go to the airport there and switch out vehicles the replacement vehicle they had giving me was a vehicle with Illinois plates and the whole vehicle had been dented up. I had about 4 more hours to Georgia and I returned the vehicle the same day I made it in town.

3 months later I end up with a bill for $600.00 for damages to a vehicle that was already there when I got the vehicle. Enterprise is been scamming people that do not get insurance on the vehicles. They scam people who they know will pay. I feel when I deal with this company I come out of more money than any other rental company I ever dealt with. It is always something with this company and I’m looking into an attorney at this moment. I’m just tired of all these business with the money hungry scams…

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

jamilla, thank you for your comments and review. All damage claims are handled by our Damage Recovery Unit. Please contact that team directly at 1-866-300-3239 or by email at CustomerClaimConcern@ehi.com. Thank you! – Carol H.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I rented a vehicle from Enterprise Rental, for three days but had to return it earlier than expected. They would not reimburse money paid for the extra day. No explanation why, not very good for business. Would have to make sure to see someone when returning vehicles.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Eldred, thank you for sharing this with us. I do apologize for any inconvenience. This team would like the chance to address this with you directly. Please email care@enterprise.com with your full name, contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and any other details so we can research this promptly. – Carol H.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

My son placed a reservation for a cargo van. He called 7/26/21 and modified the name on the reservation to my name, Tanya **. When he called he confirmed pick up location: 48-05 Metropolitan Ave, Ridgewood, NY at 10:00 am. I paid a Lyft driver $28.88 to take us from our hotel to this location, when we arrived we found that this location no longer exists. My son called Enterprise and is told that someone will call him back. We waited 10 minutes and then I began to call. This was the sequence of the many phone calls I made:

10:55 am August 31, 2021 - I called 929-372-7900 and spoke with Mary. She told me that another location (6520 Metropolitan Ave., Middle Village) has a van available. At this time I asked to file a complaint. Mary took my information and I was told someone would be calling me. Before hanging up I asked again if when I arrive a cargo van will be ready and available. She assures so because she put out an alert. Before hiring another car I called said location.

10:57 am August 31, 2021 - I called this location (718-628-4400) to make sure they have a van available. Michelle replied that that haven’t rented vans from this location in over a year. I filed a complaint with her and she said someone would call me within 24 hours. She proceeded to tell me to call yet another location to call (Van Dam St.) because they were showing available cargo vans.

10:57 am August 32, 2021 - I called said location 718.433.2346. NO ANSWER. 10:59 - I call back (929.372.7900) again and spoke with Lydia, who then told me to call the following 3 places that they were all showing cargo vans available. 11:07 August 31, 2021, Ozone Park, Rockway, 718-835-2500 - “WE DO NOT RENT VANS HERE”. 11:33 Long Island (Queens Blvd) - my son called 929-208-4486 - “WE DO NOT RENT VANS HERE”. 11:33 August 31, 2021 Foster Ave., Brooklyn, 718-763-3101 - “WE DO NOT RENT VANS”.

Then my son and I are sitting on the curb of ‘City Bank’ call and googling ALL rental agencies. He finally finds a cargo van available in Brooklyn. We take an Uber for another $29.86 to Penske where we proceed to rent a cargo van for $1717.53, A DIFFERENCE OF $847.66, which is almost double. It is the last day of the month and we must move out so we have no options at this point. Finally getting the rental from Penske has put us 2.5 hours behind, during which we have a friend waiting for us so she can watch the van while we load. Now she has to go to work and we must lock the van each trip of loading.

Since moving day here is my next sequence of calls trying to get some resolution: 9/3/2021 - I called customer service (855.266.9565) and explained everything to Angie. She offered to transfer me to ‘Management Team’ but after being on hold I was transferred to another customer service rep instead, which was Velvet. I explained the frustrating experience and was told that someone would call me. At this point I asked for a reference number to my complaint.

9/8/2021 - I called customer service again (855.266.9565) and asked Matily to speak with management team. She transfers me to Vee on the management team. Again I explained my experience. She made a report and took my information and promised to file it with the corporate office. She gave me the direct corporate office number (314.512.5000) and said that if I don’t get a call within 2 - 3 days to call that number.

9/14/2021 - I wait. It is now 14 days and I have yet to receive a call back. I call the corporate number and it went straight to machine reciting that they can not take calls at this time. I called customer service again (855.266.9565) and spoke with Kimberly asking speak with someone from management team. I was asked to retell what happened and I said I have already spoken to 7 people and will only speak to someone from management team. Lea took my info and made a note that someone would call. I asked if there was someone from corporate that I could call and was told they don’t have direct corporate numbers.

9/22/21 - I called 314.512.5000 and got a recording saying that they were unavailable and to press 3 for customer assistance. I spoke with ‘Jean’ who informed me that there was only 1 floor manager at the time and I would have to wait on hold. I waited, Julie answered the phone, said she would request someone to call me, apologized and then hung up on me. 9/29/21 - I called 314.512.5000, again a recording stating they are unable to answer any calls. I pushed directory and then for an operator but then got a recording saying that they were closed at this time and normal business hours are 7:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This was Monday at 1:48 pm.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Rented van in El Paso. Nightmarish experience. Older model blew up front tire with no spare tire, rescued by cops at night with virtually no help from Enterprise. Care least for well being of customer than their profit and greed.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

sunny, I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations we would like to look into this further. Please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, and all the details of your experience. Thanks. –Carol H.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I reserved a car the beginning of the week for Saturday. I was given a confirmation number. I was all set to pick up the car Saturday morning at 8 am giving myself enough time to arrive in High Point to attend a funeral. I received a call at 6:19 Friday evening saying no cars was available, not giving me enough time to reserve something else at a different company so I called the corporate office. They said it was cars available at the Kinston location. I explained to her the call I received and ask to speak to a supervisor, after waiting 10 min she came on the phone apologizing for the inconvenience and took my name and number and said she would look at a different location. I never heard anything else from Enterprise. It was so unprofessional how they waited until closing to call me. This was at the Kinston NC location

Enterprise Rent-A-Car response

Sabrina, we’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to Care@Enterprise.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us. - Carol H.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company Information