This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
After a horrible experience at Europcar in Cancun I walked next door to Dollar Car Rental. Air conditioned office, professional staff, no hard pressure p-selling. I was in and out within 10 minutes. Drop off was as easy. Mid sized 4-door VW was in great shape. Highly recommend this hassle free, professionally run office in Cancun. Start your vacation without the hassle!
None better than this company. The courteous service and the exceptional condition of the automobiles is incomparable. I will continue to use this company for all my car needs. I have told everyone I know that they should use this automobile company.
On the particular day I rented the vehicle near the LaGuardia airport there were only two counter personnel working and the wait time was 40 Mins. Other than that, the vehicle was perfect. I certainly will use this company again.
Great customer service. Prices are reasonable (in my opinion) and a large fleet of vehicles to choose from. Staff was very informative and detailed orientated. I am a customer for life. I would definitely recommend DOLLAR Car rental if you're in the Newark Airport Area.
I am extremely pleased with the handling of my rental car at the Dollar Rent A Car desk at Miami International Airport. My desk attendant was Inram **, a very courteous and efficient employee who handled my particular situation with extreme professionalism and helpfulness. Due to the specific situation of my rental agreement, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Joaquin **, the desk manager on duty, and as well, I was extremely pleased with his knowledge and professionalism in the handling of my agreement. Five Stars for these two employees. I rent cars frequently and noticed the difference between renting with Dollar Rent A Car and other rental car companies at Miami International Airport. I also like to rent a specific car size and later having the ability to personally select the specific car I want from a lot of rental cars available.
- 1,939,454 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Do not use this company. They charged an additional $130 for roadside cover that I didn’t ask for. When this was raised I was advised there was nothing they could do as I had already signed the rental agreement. Management could do with better training in customer service. “Allina” not only proceeded to be unhelpful but compounded the situation by being spectacularly rude. Avoid!!!
When we got to the MIAMI DOLLAR office, the attendant obliged me to purchase a 96.00USD for tolls (for 10 days). I tried to explain that I wouldn't pass that many tolls, but she told me that was the only way. After using approx. 10.00 USD in tolls, I made a complaint about the overcharge when returning the car. The attendant removed the charge from my bill, but on my next credit card bill I received a 104.23USD charge for the tolls. They charged me 9.99USD for each toll I used, with no explanation. Of course I will never use this company services again.
WORST EXPERIENCE WITH A CAR RENTAL COMPANY.
1. A Dollar rental car reservation was accidentally cancelled and I got on the phone immediately. I waited several minutes. The agent on the phone said the reservation cannot be reinstated. She insisted that in order to reinstate the reservation after it was mistakenly cancelled that it had to be less than an hour. It was only 18 minutes since the cancellation.
2. I received an email from Dollar that the reservation was (erroneously) cancelled with the TIME it occurred in the email. I told the agent I have proof and I can forward the email to her. She didn't care about the email and kept saying the time it occurred was in her time zone. I explained that Eastern time zone is not the same as Central time zone. I got crickets.
2. Now the supervisor wouldn't address what the previous agent said about the "within an hour" change. I asked if making the change to reinstate the reservation within the hour is acceptable. I got crickets.
3. Then the supervisor said that the reservation was reinstated and everything is the same as it was originally booked.
4. I happen to look up the reservation on dollar.com and the PRICE OF THE RENTAL WAS INCREASED BY ABOUT $50!!!!
5. I call reservations and the agent was hardly audible due to a rather heavy accent and I finally said I will not use their corrupt company again. To tell me that the reservation was reinstated and everything was the same was a lie. They INCREASED the price and was hoping to get away with it by not telling me.
6. I CANCELLED THE CAR AND AM GOING BACK TO BUDGET CAR RENTAL.
While the total amount of the reservation was 537$, they forced us to buy BASIC insurance in 630$. When we thought it's all, they took 180$ out of the 200$ deposit for “service charges” when we arrived to the drop off point. So a nice deal of 537 USD became a 1350$ (+taxes). NIGHTMARE!
Recently had a terrible experience with Dollar Orlando. When we tried to collect our hire car we were told we had no insurance at all! We had rented from a USA website that didn't include insurance. We had to take out insurance etc so that's what we did. When I looked at the receipt. It said optional CDW and LIS, paying over £800 more for the car!! Dollar have said because we signed for it there's nothing they can do. The sales guy needs sacking and charged with fraud!!
Dollar Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix
Since 1965, Dollar Rent A Car has grown to include more than 570 locations in 61 countries worldwide, including approximately 260 locations in the United States and Canada. As a part of The Hertz Corporation, this brand belongs to the largest airport and general-use car rental business worldwide.
Seasonal specials: Dollar Rent A Car offers various discounts for seasonal travelers. For example, summer renters can get 10 percent off a weekend rental, the most popular days for vacationers to rent a car. The Silver Club offers a 5 percent discount for drivers over the age of 50.
Dollar EXPRESS: This convenience program is designed for customers who don't have a lot of time to spend at the checkout counter. Dollar EXPRESS is a free program that lets users skip the line and go straight to a rental vehicle.
Easy reward redemption: The Dollar EXPRESS Renters Rewards program makes earning rewards easy and redeeming them even easier. Buy 16 days of car rental and get a certificate for one day free.
Business rental plans: The Corporate Rental Plan offers locked in rates with no peak season highs and lows, while the Flex Rate Plan gives users a five percent discount on the price, along with a three percent rebate for dollar.com bookings.
Multi-month rentals: In addition to low monthly rates for long-term rentals, Dollar offers multi-month options with convenient monthly billing. Ideal for workers on a temporary assignment, Dollar offers rentals for up to 11 months.
Many makes and models: Dollar Rent a Car features 16 types of rentals from economy cars to convertibles and open air all-terrain choices.
Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and those with cars in repairs.
Dollar Rent A Car Company Information
- Company Name:
- Dollar Rent A Car
- United States