1.20/5

1622 Dollar Rent A Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I get scammed for this company like thousands of people on this page, it's a shame that let them scam people like that, a rent a car for 300 US$ for 12 days but then they charged me more than 100 US$ extra for toll fees and 150 US$ extra for premium road service (this service was given to me in a malicious way, they told me it was the full insurance which I had already paid for, so they lied to me)... I always used Alamo, never will use Dollar again, please be aware. Don't use Dollar rental. PS: I wish I had seen this review of "1 star" of this company before hiring dollar services.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

What a bunch of see you next Tuesdays... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE CON ARTISTS. We booked our car and paid around £350 for a two week car rental. The agreement stated that you get a full tank and return it as a full tank which sounded good to us. This was in LA. Upon collection, the man tried to sell us something for toll road to which we declined. He then mentioned that we do not need to fill the tank up upon return and it’s best to leave it as empty so I was happy enough with that. My partner and I signed to say we were going to drive the car and then we went to choose our car. No instruction given on how to drive the car which is not that helpful when you don’t own a large automatic but hey ho that’s how they operate.

We were given a receipt of ‘estimated’ charges but didn’t worry too much about this as we had already paid... Then when we handed the car back we had been charged over $200 for some roadside assistance that WE DID NOT ASK FOR AND WAS NOT OFFERED AND DID NOT AGREE TO. When questioned about this, the ‘Manager’ said that this was highlighted in the contract given to us, folded up when we went into that hell hole. This highlighted charge was not in the contract because the order online did not include this. My partner was made to WRITE a statement of the issue even though he has verbally told you here and now what this issue was and then it will be investigated and will hear back within 24 - 48 hours. Well they’ve had their 48 and STILL NO REPLY. SHOCKING...

Do not use this company, this experience has ruined the end of a wonderful holiday and there is no need to con people. If you’re not making enough money to then increase your prices, don’t con innocent people. Reading these awful reviews, we are clearly not the first people they have done this to. Think we’ll claim the money back through the bank and see how quickly they get in touch with us then...

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We’ve booked a car on the Dollar site. When we arrived to the deck in Houston airport they said that our driver license is not valid, though year ago we booked a car and did it a lot of times in Europe. Then they said that they can’t cancel our reservation, can’t change it to the other driver without deposit lost and employee was rude and didn’t want to help us at all. As the result - our deposit is lost and we booked a car in other rental company, where our driving license was good and valid.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I made a reservation through Travelocity because it was the lowest price. Once I got to LGA on a Friday night after my flight was already delayed there was only 1 person handling the counter. So at 11PM after working all day, then getting on a delayed flight I had to wait in a line an additional 45 minutes. Once I got to the counter the Associate could not see my booking with Travelocity? How does that even happen? So tried to sell me insurance which I had already added but thankfully I remembered. Then he tells me that I need to get some E-Z Pass machine which is an additional $30.00 a day to pay for tolls. Supposedly NY no longer accepted cash for tolls. Also if I did not have one I will be charged by NY State like $9.00 administrative fee.

These was all a fabrication as when I drove around I saw there was a designated "Cash" lane for every E-Z Pass. Also if I had gone through and not paid they would of mailed me an invoice with a small upcharge and not $9.00 each time. In any case I ended it up paying $30.00 x 4 which I did not need in addition to other ridiculous fees and taxes on top. Total airfare from FLL to LGA $225.00. Total rent a car charges $320.00??? Then when I tried to dispute it with my credit card Dollar Rent A Car had the audacity to tell me that if the any part of the charges were reversed they would send me to collections. Never again... Ugh.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I recently rented a vehicle from Dollar for two weeks in Phoenix. The contract made clear about the total price. However, they later on charged me $70 extra for no reason. I do not recommend rent cars from Dollar.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Rent A Car?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Several weeks ago, I reserved a rental car online and I told my employer all he needed to do is sign for it. When my employer picked it up he signed for it and all was fine until he noticed the bill was several hundreds of dollars more than contracted. He notified me within the hour after picking it up and ask for me to correct the issue. After several attempts Dollar refused to correct the issue. Please be advised. DOLLAR IS NOT ACTING AS A GOOD CORPORATE CITIZEN AND I DON'T RECOMMEND DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM IN THE FUTURE.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I find it incredibly abusive for a company to charge you an administrative fee of $9.99 for a $1 toll charge. Even if it's spelled out in the agreement, we all know that nobody reads a full page of small print details. If the state charges the rental company $1, that's exactly what they should charge you. Why in the world do they think they have the right to charge you 1000% of what they have to pay??? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I rented a car at Dollar Rent A Car for my Las Vegas vacation from Aug 21 to Aug 28. I choose Dollar since it had the lowest rates - so I thought. When I arrived in Vegas on Aug 21, they only had 3 cars left at the rental facility, so I took a Nissan Versa. I didn't notice the cleanliness of the vehicle as I just finished flying for 7 hours and just wanted to get to my hotel. When I returned the car on Aug 28, the person at the facility started taking pictures of the inside of the car and asked if I was smoking cigarettes! I said, "No, I am a non smoker," and he said, "Well, it's a $300 cleaning charge for smoking!"

Long story short - the front counter told me to call corporate, on my flight home, I called corporate, they told me to settle it with the Las Vegas people, so I got screwed out of $300. I will never rent from Dollar again. The fact is, I should have asked for pictures before I took the car - but of course I wasn't thinking. The person who had the car before me might have been smoking, but $300 to clean a car?? It's outrageous. It would cost me $1.25 in quarters and some air freshener and the car would have been cleaner than before I picked it up. Consumers BEWARE!! Stick to ALAMO or ENTERPRISE!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Rented a car for a week from the Tampa Airport Dollar location. Car was fine, staff was good, rate was competitive. But we just got a bill from Dollar to pay for Florida tolls. These are automatic camera tolls from the license plate. Anytime we could pay cash tolls we did. Dollar billed us $4.82 for the tolls and $39.96 for administrative fees. Will never rent from them again!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We didn't get the car we counted on because once we arrived to pick it up we were told we couldn't use a debit card with a Visa logo. We were told we had to have a "regular" credit card instead, even though on the website it said we could use a debit card. Even though I had more than enough money on the card and even cash to cover anything we needed. I also got the insurance coverage. Dollar Rent A Car was the biggest disappointment yet. And the person working behind the desk didn't even try to help me get another car. DISGUSTING!!!

Here is the information from your website about payment options. "PAYMENT OPTIONS: To qualify to rent the Dollar vehicle, the renter must present at the time of rental a valid drivers license and valid major credit card or debit card in the renter's own name with available credit. At the time of rental, an authorized hold will be secured on your credit/debit card provided to cover the estimated rental charges and any additional charges that may be incurred. These funds will not be available for your use. We will place an authorization amount of up to USD 350.00 or 15 percent of the estimated rental charges, depending on rental location and card used. If Dollar cannot secure credit approval for this amount and/or proper identification credentials are not supplied, Dollar will decline your rental."

So they almost ruined my daughter's graduation trip. Lucky for us Budget Rental was able to get us into a vehicle but we could barely get into it "since there were 7 of us". We had to take a car that didn't fit our luggage for a 6-hour drive. The kids had to carry their luggage on their laps for the entire trip. I can't even express how disappointed I am in this ridiculous outcome. I about had a nervous breakdown right there at the counter. It took us an hour to scramble to find something else. They will lose many customers in the future. Even my staff members, after hearing about the ordeal, said they will never rent Dollar Rent A Car. Along with all the kids' parents who were in the car with us. What a nightmare! DON'T RENT FROM THEM!!! They do not stand by what they claim on their website.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I paid a £151.89 for the deposit at the counter, plus the insurance and the car rental amount. According to them my private insurance through Barclays it was valid in this company. So, I ended up paying more than I expected. The car was planned to be taken from Barcelona Airport in Spain, and to be returned at Saints Railway Station. And everything has been paid through my debit card.

The car has been booked from the 7th July 2018 to 9th July 2018, and the debit comes out from my account on the 11th July 2018. Ever since I've been waiting for my deposit to be refunded. I tried to call Dollar Rent A Car 5+ times and waited for more than 1h 30 over the phone, but everyone that has answered has mentioned that the deposit has been released to be back on my account ever since. They promised the refund would be done immediately, but 40 days after, I still haven't received anything on my bank account... Very disappointed with my rental, next time I'll go with another company.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I rented from them on August 1 and was given a quote of $210. I returned the car with less than 100 miles used and the gas tank was a little under 3/4 full. I meant to fill the car up on the way in and forgot. I realized that I had forgotten when I pulled up and I asked the woman if I would be charged extra and she said no that I would only be charged for the gas. I repeated what she said to reiterate and she agreed. So I left the car again with a little under 3/4 full. I then received a bill for $288.67. There is no reason why I should have been charged $78 more dollar for gas when very little was needed. The car was an Altima and there is no way a 1/4 of a tank of gas costs that much EVEN if they mark it up. I contacted them and they did NOTHING to correct the situation. I even sent a picture of the gas tank that I took as I exited the car at the airport as well as the original quote. I would not recommend using this facility as they might rip you off as well.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I had a reservation for a mini-van. The lady at the counter tried to upsell insurance which I declined. Then she said my credit cards were getting declined because their system was not equipped to read chip cards. In short, she either did not have a mini-van, or got upset about my refusal to buy insurance from them and did not want to give me a car. I called the airport non-emergency police to report this incident, and she got super upset. Said, "I don't want to give you a car any more." I would encourage all of you to call law enforcement if a reservation is not honored. I plan to follow up.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I rented a car yesterday from PIT to drop off at JFK. The front desk person initially gave me a ridiculously high price for a one day rental. Upon my reaction he went like that give me a minute let me try reducing the amount by applying some discounts or whatever. It came down to almost around my budget and I just took it. He went like this is such a nice price. In my naivety, I got excited and gave my card to lock the deal.

Next morning, today, I call the customer service to change my drop off time to add a couple of hours. That is when I get to know that I have been added loss dmg waiver, LIS (I don’t even know what that is) and Prem road Serv charges and the receipt also says accepted. Which I had never asked for or was never told that they are being added. I went to their office in Astoria and they told me that I will have to go back to Pittsburgh to get this issue sorted (are you kidding me?) It is such a major case of deception and poor customer service. I felt helpless and was forced to pay the soared amount since I’m leaving tonight. I will never ever use their service and will recommend all the people to be very cautious and double check your receipts.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

They misquoted me and made my reservation for the wrong airport. When I asked for the correct reservation the charged me $500 more then said they would give me my money back but then when I filed a claim they refused.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I rented a car from the Memphis airport, flew in for family funeral. I was given a choice of cars and picked one out and they said no I could not have it, they gave me a beat up Toyota. When I got to my hotel 2 hrs away noticed the key fob back came off, tried to snap in back together only to notice it had been glued together. I was careful with it. Returned the car and was charged $356 for it, called customer service only to be told I had to wait 24 hrs to file a complaint. Found out that was a LIE.

Called customer service the next day to be told, "Oh... well." Asked for supervisor who was rude, disrespectful, threatening. Told me I would get 100 back. I asked for the full amount. He said absolutely not. If I did not want the 100, I got nothing. And by the way tried to contact their corporate office only to find out that number has been disconnected. Really. A corporation with a disconnected phone number. Dollar Rent A Car is the worst travel experience I have ever had.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

This company has stolen my money and I'm going to write a review on every website I can so other people don't make the mistake of renting from them! I made a reservation online through the Dollar website and when I got to the location to pick up the car I was unable to. Ok, no big deal, I just went to a different rental company at a different location (two different Uber rides by the way, of course that in itself was a waste of money). I have tried for WEEKS to get the money back that I put down for the original reservation: $73.71. I have spoken to no less than 7 people. The 6th person I spoke with said that he would process a refund for me. I called back today because I hadn't received the credit on my account and was told I would NOT be getting a refund, not even a credit for future car rentals!

THAT IS CALLED THEFT! I have provided money for a good or service that was never provided to me. They took my money and now I'm just out $73.71!?! When I asked to speak to a supervisor they said "That’s not possible", when I asked for a refund of the money I had given them for the reservation they said "Thats not possible". My money has been stolen and I'm not happy about it. $73.71 is not exactly a small amount of money.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I rented my rental car from Dollar at the Indianapolis Airport. When I exited the airport it was a good thing I notice scrapes in the back of the car as they didn't write anything down regarding that in my paperwork, so really check out your car before you leave. When I returned my car, I noticed everyone in front of me took longer to check out because there was a problem and I could see the customers were upset and going back and forth with the attendant. I wondered what was going on as it made the wait longer. I got gas about a half hour away from the airport and filled it up all the way and it was really still on full when I arrived and the attendant asked if I got gas within 10 miles and I said it was about 22 miles and they charged me $17 extra. I then knew they did that to everyone. What a bad way to end my experience with the company. I'm sure others felt the same... Way to lose business Dollar!!!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Rented a car in Dallas to travel to Louisiana for funeral. At the time of rental they wanted me to buy pass if I was going to be traveling around Dallas. I was not. The rental agent told me how to get to I-20 to Shreveport without going on toll road. Two weeks after the trip I received something from Dollar stating I owe 6.42 for toll expenses and a $60 administrative fee. I sent the 6.42, Dollar later wrote and told me to pay the original $37 for the toll pass, two days later they took $60 off my debit card.

I am going to talk to a lawyer to get some advice and write the FTC. They should give you the option to pay for the toll or purchase at a lower rate. Most customers don't use the full amount on the pass and they don't refund you the difference. They come out ahead any ways it goes. They don't even send you proof that it was actually you. If there is someone out there speaking with an attorney about a class action lawsuit, I would be more than willing to speak with them.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I rented a car at the airport in Tocumen, Panama, and drove with my mother (87), her nurse, and my daughters (19, 11, 8) to the northeast of the country, to Almirante. 8 days later, when we were returning from the Bocas del Toro Islands, we learned that we were trapped in the middle of a barricade that interrupted the road to David. The local protesters had no intention of reopening the road soon. After a day of waiting and noticing that the negotiations were not going to materialize to be able to drive back to Panama City, I contacted Dollar Rent A Car from Tocumen airport.

Not long after, Mrs. Izikmy ** from David's Dollar Rent A Car office took my call and in a very professional way began to study different options to help us leave the area to avoid interrupting our vacations and eventually losing the flight to return home. Mrs. ** answered my call asking for help with the seriousness and promptness that I expected. DOLLAR RENT A CAR of David has a great employee. And although all the coordination actions she did were unnecessary because the road was finally reopened and we were able to leave Almirante, I want to leave this note of gratitude because I think it is very important to highlight the good actions. THANK YOU IZIKMY ** AND DOLLAR, FOR ALL THE HELP!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I rented a car in Pennsylvania. During my trip I passed through several toll booths. None of the booths had an attendant to pay the toll and the car had some sort of pass mounted on the windshield. When I returned the car nobody mentioned anything about paying for the tolls. I was not informed when I rented the car about charges for tolls either. Since I could not pay the toll at the booths and there was never any mention of toll charges I paid my bill and left. Several weeks later I received a letter saying I owed $8.30 for tolls, which I understood.

However, they also said I owed $60 in fines for not paying the tolls. Since there was no way I could have paid the tolls I sent them a check for the tolls but not the fine and explained that I was not informed about them and in actuality since there were never any attendants I had no way to pay the tolls. Dollar has now charged my credit card with the $60 for the fine without my permission. I will never use this company again. What a disgraceful way to run a business.

Original review: July 14, 2018

My son and daughter in law flew from Kentucky to Florida. They wanted to drive home to make some stops on the way back home. I decided to pay for their rental even though I wasn't going with them. The woman at the Dollar Rental at Melbourne, Florida airport said the cost was 380.00 for them to have the car for a week. I asked the woman if that included them driving to Kentucky and dropping it off there. She said YES and asked me since I was paying, to sign the paper. I was only allowed to pay with a charge card, no debit. I signed and when my son took the car back in Kentucky, was told that the numbers on the paperwork didn't add up and they couldn't write it up as returned.

They tried to call Florida, but no answer at the rental there. They told my son it was going to be in the 700.00s. When my son read the receipt, lo and behold, it said 700.00. They tell you it's going to be much less and then quickly ask you to sign. So I don't know how long it's going to take for my son to close out with Kentucky. In the meantime, I am paying for everyday that it takes. This is a scam and I don't know how they are getting away with this. When reading all of these reviews, everybody has the same complaint or similar. They need to be shut down. I am going on Facebook with this and asking all of my friends to share and have their friends share and so on and so on. I am also posting it on Twitter. Don't ever use Dollar Car Rental. Use Enterprise, never steered me wrong.

Original review: July 9, 2018

When I initially booked the vehicle (full size sedan) the price offered to me was $32.99/day (or $234.22 for 7 days). However when I arrived at my destination (LAX) I changed my mind and upgraded the vehicle to standard SUV (Nissan Rogue) for my family's comfort, I was told that the price went up significantly to $654.57. I had no choice but accepted to exchange for my kid's comfort and I thought that was the final bill. However when I returned the vehicle I was lost and late for my flight because this was my first time in California.

I ended up returning the vehicle at Burbank airport, about less than an hour away from LAX. There was no greeting, no counter and no final bill given to me. The man who worked there told me to give him the key and he said that was it. However; when I checked my email and saw the final bill went up again to $1021.55. I immediately called the Customer Service and made a complaint. The lady I spoke to said she was going to give me a 25% discount of the final bill and that the credit would have returned back to my credit card after 24 hours. Now 4 days went by and I still don't see the credits returned back to my card. It turns out what she said was a lie. So I got a feeling like I have been robbed by this Dollar Car Rental Place.

Today I made another call again and there was a different lady picked up the phone and I explained my situation again. The lady said the price went up because I returned the vehicle at the wrong location and the rate was up the Dollar to decide. Her explanation was nonsense and made me very upset. It has been a nightmare experience to get vehicle rented at Dollar place and I hope nobody else would have the same situation like mine. Dollar needs to stop robbing the customer and they are only allowed to charge the customer at the price when the customer agreed.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I rent from Enterprise and Hertz on a regular basis however recently I was traveling through Dallas and there were few options for rental cars so I ended up at the Dollar Rental counter. First - never rent a car with a "walk up rate". Apparently this gives the renter the ability if they should desire to charge exorbitant rates and the power is completely in the hands of the agent. I had the option of going to DFW (rented at Love Field) with an online rate and I should have done that. I will spare the details on the fact that they tried to charge me $270 for less than 24 hours in their rental car so I am going to focus on the toll scam.

I just received a bill for a toll in East Texas for $3.45 Toll plus their $30.00 administrative fee. This is going to be charged to my credit card. There is a business model for taking advantage of customers and getting as much as you can once but it should not be sustainable if enough people spread the word. I have never written a review of a company on Consumer Affairs but felt compelled to report this outfit.

Original review: June 28, 2018

The car was just fine. When I turned it in, it had a full tank. I asked if I owed anything additional, and was told no. Since then I have received one bill for $51 and another, updated bill for about $76. The bills are for under $10 in e-tolls. The rest of the bill is "administration fees"--$15 per toll. I don't know if I'll keep getting these updated bills, and the bills state that if I don't pay them, my credit card will be charged. Ugh.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I reserved my Dollar rental car online a month before my one day business trip and it was around $90. When I got there, I waited in line for 1.5 hours just to get up to the desk and see all the ridiculous extra fees I had to pay if I wanted to rent a car. These extra fees brought my new total up to $230. Two weeks later I get another bill in the mail saying I owe $100 more in Toll and Administration fees. Apparently I drove through 6 tolls (I only counted 1) and had a toll amount of $10.52, but I also had to pay $90 in "administration fees". So I ended up paying $330 to rent a car for 25 hours. I used Enterprise last week and only paid $79 to rent a car for 27 hours. I will NEVER use Dollar again and I'll never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I was charged exorbitant $15 administrative fee per toll charge. I wasn't made aware about it before signing the rental agreement. Overall, I had to pay $75 bucks of administrative fees for a total toll charge of 20 bucks. That's ridiculous and unacceptable. I'm never going to rent a Dollar car again and I would advise all of you folks to do just that. When I called their complaints department, the lady on the call argued and finally hung up on me. Unprofessional service!

Original review: June 23, 2018

OK this is the situation, my husband rented a vehicle for our family vacation paid for through Orbitz (DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM EITHER). Anyway when we went to pick up the rental near Albany, NY airport and got us with some extra fees such as insurance coverage just in case our insurance didn't want to cover and a bring the car empty of gas fee so the total was $194.10. OK fine whatever but had an emergency with one of my sons where we had to bring my son to the hospital and end up losing our flight (that's another story with Orbitz).

So we contacted Dollar Rent A Car to see if we can just continue with the rental and drop off in Orlando, FL because Orbitz wanted to charge us almost $2000 to get back to Florida because we did not purchase an insurance (BUT LIKE I SAID THAT'S ANOTHER STORY). So we spoke with a representative from Dollar Rent A Car, she told us OK that we can drop off at another location that there would be a $250 inner city fee, we ask the lady what would be the total price when we dropped off at the other location she told us $364 something don't remember exactly but it was in that range. When I look at my credit card statement there was a charge of $1062.19 to my credit card.

I called the exact day we dropped off the rental, hours later because I hadn't checked my statement but when I decided to look and I see a different amount being charged than what the representative had mentioned, I done had it. We called Dollar Rent A Car and spoke with someone, the only thing the representative said she could do was give me a almost $300 dollar refund for which only because the other representative noted the $250 inner city fee and not what they wanted to charge which was $546.48. I'm dissatisfy because I feel we was overcharged and plus I still have not received any portion of what the lady said they were going to return to my credit card and it's been 5 days already. I also brought it further as to opening a case with my credit card. Never will I work with Dollar Rent A Car or Orbitz.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The Dollar representative did not explain the EZ Pass system at all during check-in. If you are in the northeast or Texas cities or other areas with lots of toll roads, be careful ahead of time. If you activate the EZ Pass box on the windscreen for any reason, you will be liable for any EZ Pass tolls if you go through one of its lanes, even if you pay by ticket. If you plan to pay by ticket or cash the entire time, you do not have to pay the EZ Pass tolls as long as you never open the box; but if you slip up by opening the box and/or not paying one toll, the charge could be hefty and it's better to pay the $16/day comprehensive fee. My point is that it is all complicated and you need to know how to manage tolls on your trip. Dollar never mentioned any of this!

Original review: June 18, 2018

HORRIBLE! Thought I'd go with Dollar to save some money and ended up paying more. BEWARE of the add-on charges like the SAT radio - they charge you 47.00 unless you call roadside service to remove it! They also charge you crazy fees for tolls (.50cents will turn into $15.00). I had a flat tire around midnight, I called roadside and was told call in the morning! I contacted Roadside first thing in the morning. Then I had to deal with multiple repeated phone calls from tow company who was repairing tire. Well it took over 3 hrs from initial call to get the tire changed. Now I had to drive car another 40 minutes to swap out vehicle. A whole day of vacation lost because I had to handle what Dollar should have done! Never AGAIN would I use this company! Customer Service is the worst. Agent literally hung up so I couldn't leave feedback on customer service.

Dollar Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

Since 1965, Dollar Rent A Car has grown to include more than 570 locations in 61 countries worldwide, including approximately 260 locations in the United States and Canada. As a part of The Hertz Corporation, this brand belongs to the largest airport and general-use car rental business worldwide.

• Seasonal specials: Dollar Rent A Car offers various discounts for seasonal travelers. For example, summer renters can get 10 percent off a weekend rental, the most popular days for vacationers to rent a car. The Silver Club offers a 5 percent discount for drivers over the age of 50.

• Dollar EXPRESS: This convenience program is designed for customers who don't have a lot of time to spend at the checkout counter. Dollar EXPRESS is a free program that lets users skip the line and go straight to a rental vehicle.

• Easy reward redemption: The Dollar EXPRESS Renters Rewards program makes earning rewards easy and redeeming them even easier. Buy 16 days of car rental and get a certificate for one day free.

• Business rental plans: The Corporate Rental Plan offers locked in rates with no peak season highs and lows, while the Flex Rate Plan gives users a five percent discount on the price, along with a three percent rebate for dollar.com bookings.

• Multi-month rentals: In addition to low monthly rates for long-term rentals, Dollar offers multi-month options with convenient monthly billing. Ideal for workers on a temporary assignment, Dollar offers rentals for up to 11 months.

• Many makes and models: Dollar Rent a Car features 16 types of rentals from economy cars to convertibles and open air all-terrain choices.

• Best for: Vacationers, business travelers, temporary workers and those with cars in repairs.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Dollar Rent A Car Company Information