3.6/5 (511 ratings)

About Dollar Rent A Car

Dollar Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Rent A Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Rent A Car?

Original review: June 23, 2022

Rented a car from Dollar at Orlando airport in June. Clerk tried to sell us everything but was deceitful and not open and honest with us. Sure enough received a bill for $253. Called customer service who said $40+ was for airport fees - ok understandable, but the rest was for liability insurance which I never agreed to. Customer service said there was nothing they could do because apparently I signed a contract. Lesson - Read everything, but to me this comes close to fraud.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Squeaky and grinding brakes, AC doesn’t work, oil change light on. Car was given FILTHY inside and out. I do not feel safe driving this car so I waited 5 hours for their roadside assistance and finally cancelled because it’s late night. They will not give me a refund nor will they cancel my reservation. They said I’m binded per agreement. Car is also a 2019. Piece of junk. Wow just Wow!

Original review: June 1, 2022

I rented a car from Dollar last month during a trip to NY. Firstly, I waited more than two hours to pickup the car. I was standing in line with probably 12 other customers while two individuals slowly assisted each person. The first day I was in NY, the weather was cold and rainy. The car appeared to be inm working order. However on day two, the sun came out and the temperature outside got warm. That's when I discovered the air conditioner in the car didn't work. For the next three days, I drove around in a car with no air conditioner.

I called Dollar multiple times to complain and ask for a partial refund. No response. I emailed them. No response. They sent me a survey to which I included details about the problem. No response. They charged me nearly $100 in "fees" on top of the typical rental rates for a car that had problems. Ridiculous customer service! I couldn't even get them to respond to my issue.

Original review: May 28, 2022

First, I own up to my own negligence. I was negligent in not doing my due diligence and bringing up the minor flaws that I was assured were passed and okay to go. That said, inspecting in a dark garage with the streets of travel and time issues does impede full knowledge of potential issues. Dollar rented a car, passed a car with a bulge in the passenger front tire. It was marked with green marker and hard to see in the dark. This, along with a minor door ding they assured me was okay cost me 270.00 on the return of the vehicle. The ding, again is my due diligence, I'll own it. The bulge could be a safety issue and the complete and utter disregard for safety is appalling.

Upon return the young man ran around and noted both and had me fill out a damage form. How convenient, they knew about the issues when I returned it. The exact spot and the bulge. Surprised they didn't charge me for the scrape on the driver side bumper. Also assured that flaw was okay. Dollar is the most deceptive, horrible rental service I've used in 30 + years.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I prepaid for my rental and when I got to the counter I was charged another $138 in various "fees". On top of that, I drove on an unavoidable toll road that was all electronically charged. I went thru two reader stations on the way to and from my destination. Dollar charged me $15 for each 'read' so I had to pay another $60 for $2.11 worth of tolls. What a scam...they know you can't pay for a toll with cash or credit card so they tack on a huge fee to simply increase their profits. I will never use them again.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I believe if you deal with a company that invests in DECEITFUL advertising. Dollar car rental has become complicit in dealing with such a partner. I have gone on the site numerous times, on an effort to book a rental for San Francisco. I took a pic, but it won't post, so I copied the text.

Your Selected Car
Excellent Choice!
Limited stock
SANITIZE
Chevrolet Spark or similar
ECONOMY VEHICLE
dollar. CAR RENTAL
-35%(*discount of 90.00 daily rate)
Price Per Day:
US$ 60.00-(*NOTE THE DAILY PRICE)

Total: US$ 427.27 (*does NOT add up as per advertised daily price)

Original review: May 10, 2022

I rented online for a total charge of 106$. The guy at the counter was a total jerk, snarky and disrespectful. I landed late in the evening and after waiting thirty minutes in line at Ft Lauderdale airport, just wanted to get the car and get out of there. The guy tried to talk me into a toll pass, car seat for an infant although I was traveling alone, he tried three times to get me into a more expensive vehicle, it was exhausting and I finally raised my voice and said “I just want what I paid for when I made the reservation and NOTHING ELSE”. Finally walked out of there and drove to my destination only to discover he charged me for a “damage waiver“ of 203$$ despite my having told him specifically I had my own rental insurance. They also charged a 200$ fee for a hold on, my credit card.

When I called the next day about the damage waiver they said they could do nothing because my rental period had already started. When I went back to the airport rental counter the agent told me the same thing. When I insisted he call a manager he said one wasn’t available. When I insisted he telephone a supervisor, he picked up his cell and allegedly called someone (I doubt there was anyone on the other end of the call) and that person allegedly said they couldn’t reverse the charges. This company is awful, they are dishonest and do a bait and switch when people are vulnerable. I would never ever rent from them again a and recommend no one else does. I wish I had read the other horrible reviews first. It’s interesting there isn’t a place for reviews on their website! Buyer BEWARE!

Original review: May 6, 2022

For people who love reading dramatic reviews, this one’s for you… While in Florida, one of the tires in an *expensive* car I rented from Dollar/Thrifty popped. While driving! In the middle of the highway! I managed to safely pull over to the side of the road, and then called the Dollar help line. The woman asked us to check for a spare tire (there was none) and even SHE made a comment sort of like “Dang, y’all are on the side of the highway with no spare tire?” Like?? Ma’am?? If you’re stressing, imagine how I’M feeling!

The woman then went on to explain that a tow truck would be on the way, and once the tow truck was en route back to the facility with the car, then and only then would a taxi/Lyft be sent our way. Sus, but okay. However, after the tow truck came and left, we waited and waited and no lyft came. So, we called in to check the status, and another Dollar employee (a different person, a man) told us that no one had been sent our way, but HE would send someone. He asked to confirm our location (we told him we hadn’t gone anywhere) and told us a Lyft would be otw soon.

About half an hour later, I get a call from the Lyft driver asking where we are. He asked if we were near a Target or Walmart or anything, and I had to explain to him that we were near NOTHING. We were like 10 miles from the nearest gas station. The lyft guy said he’d apparently been sent the wrong address because he was nowhere near us, then cancelled the ride.

Mind you, the car broke down around 12. At this point, it’s like 3pm. My friends and I had been baking in the sun without water for like 3 hours now, so I tried to call my own Lyft (with my 10% remaining battery) and figured maybe Dollar would reimburse me. I sent the Lyft to the closest landmark, the gas station, miles behind us. However, when this driver called (asking if we were nearby), I explained the situation and he basically said that if he couldn’t put an exact address into his GPS, he couldn’t pick us up. And so, he also cancelled the ride.

This is at hour 4 outside in the sun, so I called a friend and begged her to come pick us up. She was at work and an hour away, but she left early and came to get us anyway because she could undoubtedly hear the hysteria in my voice. We’re lucky a kind passerby stopped to offer us some water bottles to hold us over until our friend came and got us. Then, she drove us to the airport so we could rent a new car.

We got to the MCO airport around 6:30pm. What really baffles me about this whole situation is that the employees weren’t even EXPECTING us. Dollar managed to get a tow truck to our exact location and took their car away lickety-split, but then when it came to actually ensuring their customers weren’t abandoned/murdered on the side of the highway, they really dropped the ball. I understand they have no control over Lyft, but surely SOMEONE could have driven out to get us? Or called the police to come get us?

People often rent cars when on vacation, right? Is it crazy to expect that the rent-a-car agency would ensure I was safe somewhere, considering I’m in a state where I could potentially have no one to rely on? I fortunately had a friend near-ish (an hour away) who dropped everything to come chauffer me to the airport, but what if I hadn’t? My safety was in Dollar’s hands, and they didn’t give a crap about anything but their car.

No, I didn’t get any reimbursement for anything. Not for the gas my friend wasted driving us around (imagine if I’d actually ordered a Lyft), not for the entire day of vacation wasted, nothing. I called customer service and they said to speak to someone in-person at the airport, but when I did that, the manager at the airport told me to call customer service. I left a review on Dollar’s website in the complaint section, and I just got an email back from Thrifty saying they’d give the manager in MCO my comments.

Of course I’m hoping this doesn’t happen to anyone else, but vacations are *expensive* and I lost an entire day of mine. Renting a hotel for a single night is like $100 alone, and then there’s the fact that I wasn’t driving just to waste gas, but because I had reservations and tickets booked! All wasted! Everyone I tell this story to seems horrified about the terrible customer service, except anyone working at Thrifty/Dollar themselves. My friends and I are 22—NO ONE deserves to get abandoned on the side of the road, frying in the hot sun for hours on end, but especially not inexperienced kids on their very first vacation away from home. This whole ordeal was absolutely terrible.

Original review: April 27, 2022

In February we rented and received a confirmation number for a vehicle at the Atlanta Airport from April 4, 3:00 pm until 9am April 6 for $205 from Dollar Car rental. Upon arriving in Atlanta we were told, by Martina, the rental agent, there were no cars available for us either there or in the entire airport. However she told us there were probably a few still available at the Advantage Rental Agency, a counter away. (There was even a sign out that they still had cars). Parent company to both these agencies is Hertz. The Advantage agent told us the cost would be $1000 plus fees for a total of $1367. Being 700 miles from home and an hour away from our hotel we were forced to proceed with the transaction. Meanwhile, while we were preparing to sign the contract, Martina from Dollar came to the counter and told the agent servicing us that she had a couple more cars available and was ready to send them over to her.

At that time my husband did not think to show her our agreement with Dollar and to tell her we would take the car, since she sent us to this company. We feel we were being scammed and they were just using this as a ploy to get more money for the cars. (Actually 7x the original contract amount). We received a survey from Advantage, at which time we stated this experience, and their only response was to send back the copy of the signed contract. After reading many of the reviews for both these companies, we are convinced they are substandard rental companies, and do not value their customers or the service they provide. We will be referring this matter to the parent company Hertz. Would never recommend either of these companies to anyone and would appreciate any helpful information as we continue to pursue this matter.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Dollar Rental Company, the worst customer experience imaginable. My family of 5 flew into Orlando on Wednesday April 13th. After picking up our bags, we got into the Dollar car pick up line around 1AM. We waited in line for approximately 30-45 minutes (with about 40 other families) and I realize the line wasn’t moving at all. I ask the lady Dollar Rental rep what was going on and she said there was an issue with inventory, meaning they had none because they had given all of our reservation to other clients.

How is this possible, I confirmed my Dollar car reservation just 6 hours prior??? I asked the lady how this happened….At that point she started yelling and me and the 40 other families saying it wasn’t her fault and “it is what it is”. What??? How is it possible to be so off with their Dollar car reservations??? It's now 2AM and my family is stranded at the airport. Why are we still allowing these rental companies operate like this??? They clearly do not care about me or my family’s wellbeing. Jerry Seinfeld had a skit about this 20 years ago..haven’t we heard this joke enough??? I will tell this Dollar Rental cautionary tale to as many people that will listen…and post this to as many social media outlets as humanly possible. Shame in you Dollar Rental.

Original review: April 13, 2022

My experience with Dollar Car Rental (Dollar Rent a Car) at Daytona Beach was absolutely terrible. The lines were incredibly long, they only had one or two staff members, they lied to my face, they indicated false information on my rental documentation and they broke my rental contract. Please do yourself a favor and pay a little bit more to rent somewhere else.

I rented twice through them on my trip. The lines were so long that it took 45 minutes to pick my first rental and over 1.5 hours the to pickup my second rental. My second rental wasn't ready when I got to the counter so I waited another 1.5 hrs until I could leave. When I or others complained to the manager, she dismissed our frustration by stating that "I've been here for 4 hours". The manager also lied to my face about staff calling off being the reason, which I knew was untrue because another rental employee at the airport told me they only ever have 1-2 Employees working. My rental car drop off time was never updated to accommodate the 1.5 hours of time that was missing from me waiting at the counter for my vehicle to be ready.

The paperwork that was provided indicated a full tank; this was not the case, so I took a photo of the fuel level. I contacted Dollar Car Rental support over the phone and they stated they would document the issue. When I returned the vehicle, the fuel discrepancy was not documented. I told the manager about the issue and offered to show photographic proof but was told it was not needed and they would adjust the paperwork. While waiting at the airport for my flight, I got an email update that indicated that they attempted to charge me for the fuel despite the fact that I made the manager aware and even left the car with 9/10 fuel level. I went back to the counter and the paperwork was updated and the charge was removed.

They also put the incorrect mileage on my rental paperwork; I notified them of this and they didn't update the information, despite my request even after showing them photographic proof. I contacted Dollar Car Rental via email and they simply responded that the charges on my account were correct; they failed to address my concerns around the missing rental time, falsified paperwork and poor customer service from their local associates and phone associates. If you want to deal with snide managers, long wait times, erroneous paperwork, poor customer service and support, falsified charges and incompetent support staff, rent from Dollar Car Rental - otherwise, I'd recommend going somewhere else... I know I will Dollar at all costs in the future.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Rented a car at Dollar at Sarasota Airport (went thru Autoslash, then Priceline, then Dollar). Problems at counter resulted in 2.5 hour wait (some sort of computer issue). Chose the option to bring back auto with full tank of gas. Topped off (twice) at Sunoco station that is just under 4 miles from airport. Gas gauge showed a full tank. Final bill came and it showed an extra change (for gas) of just under $39.00. Called them and explained I topped off and they told me they would issue a credit. Of course credit never happened. Called again and got a different story. This time they told me the charge was for 2 gallons of gas and when I told them I had filled tank, they said they couldn't refund but would consider a portion of a refund. Of course nothing ever happened. Finally, I complained to Priceline and they logged my request and said they would get back to me in 7 to 10 days. Of course they never responded either.

Original review: April 7, 2022

On April 3rd I made a reservation in Atlanta for April 18th, prepaid $101.36. I was headed to Atlanta to be with my brother for his surgery. My brother called to tell me the date was changed. I went on to the Dollar website on April 4th to cancel the reservation. A few days later I looked at my credit card and see that they gave me a credit of $51.36, keeping $50 for themselves. After searching I did find that they will charge $50 if cancelled after 24 hours. To me April 3rd to April 4th is 24 hours, or less. Try to find anyone who says anything other than “that is our policy”. Now I need a car in Atlanta for April 25th - you can bet it won’t be Dollar. Save money, go elsewhere.

Original review: April 6, 2022

They charged us $173.79 in hidden fees - rubbish like concession fee and facility use fee etc. This is beyond the normal rental charges etc. Don't rent a car from them - they are a bunch of disgusting thieves!

Original review: April 4, 2022

This company takes your money and hides! They let a cooperating company (Hertz) take 'care' of you: I was one day late at the pick-up. And was refused a car. Nobody ever calls you if there is something different, such as in my case when I had to wait for my credit card to come through, and couldn't pick up the car. NO SERVICE WHATSOEVER AND MONEY GONE, is what this company should name itself! I was just astonished by the way I was 'helped'. No service whatsoever, nothing. I sincerely hope you don't let yourself be conned by any of the companies: Dollar (Thrifty), Hertz.

Original review: April 3, 2022

I rented a car online. I needed to change my car reservation to the next day because my flight was changed to the next day. I called customer service and explained the situation. I was put on hold. The clerk quoted me a new price which was higher than the original price. Keep in mind that my rental is for a day less. When I mentioned this she said it was calculating and put me on hold again. She came back on and said again that was the rate and they are always changing.

When I said this was unacceptable she told me she would give me my original rate. She was doing me a favor! I cancelled my reservation and went with another company for $100 less. In addition, I used Dollar a couple of months ago. They charge extra if a spouse is added as a driver. Our car had a broken seat belt in the back seat. I called to complain and was sent a voucher for $50. I tried to put the voucher through and it was not accepted. The moral of the story is stay away from Dollar!

Original review: March 25, 2022

Worst rental service. Worst rental service, I rent a car and the firm overprice me. In the homepage the price is excluded VAT, and when I chose a car the agent took 300aed more the price on the homepage. After a hour the car start to shake, I called them and they promise to change the car, after 5 hours when I call them back they promise to change in next morning and nothing happened. I rent the car for week and used it for just 3 hours. And now they want return the cost. BE VERY CAREFUL THE DOLLAR RENT CAR IN AIRPORT TERMINAL 3. SCAM ARTISTS.

Original review: March 24, 2022

They are thieves. I told Dollar I will fill the tank. I don’t want to pay fuel fee and they charged me a fuel fee anyways and when I tried to get a refund they said they didn’t have proof when I filled the tank full of gas and they took my money. I will never rent from them again!!

Original review: March 18, 2022

When we recently rented a car from Dollar, they charged us $58.20 without our knowledge for fuel. When we returned the car full of fuel they stated they wouldn't refund the initial charge and that the only thing I could do is call the customer service line. Of course no one answers that line and you are sent in a circle of automated questions.

In that process I heard that if you have filled your tank before return and had the fuel purchase option, they are sorry but they will not refund your money. Also when we picked up the car it had a tire with a slow leak, we aired up the tire multiple times and when we got to Pensacola we returned the car for exchange because it only had a temporary spare tire and we had several hundred miles to go. They charged us $34.98 for the tire that was leaking when we picked it up. Never ever rent from Dollar/Hertz. They are thieves.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I rented a car to travel cross-country with Dollar for summer 2021. They were by far the most affordable car rental place for point to point. Dollar offers a package where you can pay $15 a day to have them cover all tolls. Given only one day of my trip would go through tolls I figured I'd pay cash at the toll booths. However, the toll booths were not staffed and required EZ Pass. Since we didn't have EZ Pass, we attempted to pay online but Dollar has blocked that ability. Post the car rental, I incurred $10.44 of toll charges which I tried to pay myself online. For every single toll pass, Dollar charged me a $15 "administration fee" which is a total rip off. My total bill ended up being over $100 with 6X admin fees. This is not at all in the consumer's best interest and I would highly recommend paying more at a car rental company that isn't Dollar and actually cares about customers.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I wish I could give a zero. Service is total crap. We have been waiting for over an hour for a rental…isn’t that why you reserve!? I have never had to wait for a rental car in my life until today! Don’t use Dollar!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

This company is a real SCAM. I fully prepaid a car, however, when I got to Oakland Airport on Friday, Feb 11, 2022 - around 8:30pm, they had a ** girl highly trained in manipulating customers. And she did not give me the car, and I did not get any refund. She also self-allowed to run a credit check whereas I fully prepaid since January 7, 2022, and had $500 security deposit ready in February 2022. Beside me, other customers were also complaining. I don't know how local, states, and federal authorities can let such SCAM stay in business. DOLLAR CAR RENTAL IS A SCAM. I WOULD RATE THEN 0. Please, never reserve a car with Dollar Car Rental, never, ever.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

I rented a minivan with Expedia to pick up at Atlanta airport. We got there at 11pm on a Friday night and they were out of cars. There was about 25 customers complaining with reservations that had already paid in advance. The employees were rude and offer no options and indicated that it was not their responsibility. This is the worst car rental company that you can ever use.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

If I could give 0 stars I would. They are very rigid with certain rules other companies typically overlook and overprice for these things. The cars aren't even as good as other companies. I will never rent with them again and don't advise anyone else to.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I was overcharged for the car I rented. I booked the car online and I was given an estimated cost of $76 initially before finalizing the purchase. When I clicked to finalize and prepay the total did not appear on the screen however I received an email saying my charges now totalled $91.08. I happened to check my card activity the morning I arrived (11/6) at the and saw a charge for $149.20 from Hertz. I did ask the clerk and the manager on duty why the amount was almost $60 higher than the amount on my confirmation email. The manager gave me a number to call that could only be reached Monday through Friday.

I gave it a couple of days and by Wednesday 11/10 I call the number I was given since there was no funds returned to my card. The agent that answered was rude and said I prepaid this amount so there was nothing he could or would do. I've since filed complaints with the Michigan and Florida Attorneys General. I've filed a complaint with the BBB and I encourage all to see Dollar's response as well as view the documents I uploaded. You'll see the email confirmation from Dollar that is $58.13 less than what I was charged as well as the receipt from the rental return. Avoid Dollar at all costs. You will be overcharged.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

The total amount of estimate charge was a bit higher than my actual reservation. I asked the person who processed my rental about the difference but the person simply said it was the taxes. Then he called next customer immediately when I was still standing in front of him. It was weird because my reservation total already included taxes and facility fees. I pulled up my reservation sheet to show him the difference. He seemed very bothered to tell me that he didn't charge anything more. Later, I found out that he added one hour prorated charge upon the total because I picked up my car 40 minutes earlier than the reservation time. I was okay with the additional charges, but he should have definitely known that he added the 1-hour extra charge. However he never bothered to tell me or explain what happened. Overall, he was rude from beginning and I left the desk feeling frustrated and intimidated.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I paid for my car rental online...was NOT given an option for military discount. When I picked up car on Dec 25 at DCA I asked the ticket counter for the military discount. He said he can't do it. I would have to call it in. I called it in on Jan 3 at 9:45am and talked with Ralphal. He was transferring my call to a supervisor, but hung up. I called back and spoke to Alexa at 10:00am. She promised a supervisor would call me back. On Jan 8 at 11:18 I spoke with Thomas. He didn't see any notes about my "case". So he gave me a case number and promised a supervisor would call me back. NOW Jan 15 I called at 1:10 and spoke with Akeem. He kept saying a supervisor would call me back. I said NO, that doesn't work...currently I have been on "hold" for over an hour... I am NEVER use Dollar car rental again... I would NOT recommend Dollar car rental... Look at past reviews...low score as well.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Firstly, I would like to say if the nature of my inquiry gave a selection for: "inadequate, incompetent and terribly rude/deceitful behaviour" I would have selected that as my selection for the counter staff at Toronto Pearson Airport Dollar Rent a Car. Secondly, I rarely write reviews or write letters for complaints. As a medical physician/professional and a father of 2, I just don't have the time unless it serves a higher purpose or to prove a point.

I made a booking for a Dodge Ram nearly 2 months ago at the YYZ airport for 1 day from Jan 3-4/2022. When I arrived, I was greeted nicely by a Caucasian lady who asked me for 2 pieces of I.D. and a credit card. After that, things went completely sour. After providing the necessary documents, she asked me, "what kind of vehicle was I renting", having already the computer screen in front of her with all the information. I said, "a pick-up truck". She said, "why do I need a pick-up truck". I found that very bizarre as it's not of her business but I replied "to move some items". She then said "we do not have pick-up trucks at this location", which I replied with, "that's fine but I reserved one and I should be honored one".

An Asian gentleman then joined in the conversation as things started getting a little feisty in my conversation that went in circles with the Caucasian lady who was adamant that I made a mistake in my booking. The Asian gentleman asked me for a copy of my reservation which I provided immediately on my phone and he then said, "I do not have any reservation for you sorry." Almost gesturing me to go away and get lost. The lady kept asking me if I wanted a manager to speak to throughout and I finally obliged as I had enough of these counter idiots that either were lying to me or are so incompetent or both that your company should really look into if they are providing proper service to your organization.

After speaking to the location manager, Pawenjit **, and waiting 3 hours for my vehicle, he finally came through with my vehicle. He was quite nice in the whole process and explained that there was a glitch in the system and he apologized unlike the front desk people. If they just admitted the truth and did not belittle or ridicule me as a fool and not put the blame on me for this problem I wouldn't have been so upset and more understanding as long as the problem was resolved. Pawen was nice, understanding and cared about me and the situation and offered free gas as compensation.

I want nothing more from Dollar as I'm writing this letter. I hope you make some changes to assure that no one suffers the silliness of the occurrences of what transpired today at the Pearson Toronto Airport to me. I hated the whole experience and I will likely never ever come back or deal with Dollar in my life and I will let everyone I can around me know about the whole ordeal.

My brother works for CBC news and I did threaten the front desk people if they don't take me seriously, I will report this to the news media when I told them I felt this is a scam. That is, 1) not being honored or even acknowledged of my rental even after presenting 2 id's, 1 cc, and full print out of booking AND 2) accused of being a liar saying it is impossible to make such a reservation even though I was able to do so. If nothing comes of this, I don't really care, your company will suffer eventually and you will fail. Do as you please. I promised I will respond and I have done so. I want nothing more. Ps: You might take advantage of some others and get away with it, but you will never with people like-minded as me. I fight for truth and injustice and I always will. If Pawenjit did not step in and fix the issue I would have made sure to publicly shame your company

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

The worse rental experience ever!! I booked a car with Dollar through Priceline for a week in Hawaii for 13xx for a week. Over the counter I was offered for an upgrade from a premium car to a 4x4 jeep wrangler. The guy showed me the total cost with the new vehicle and I confirmed the difference for upgrade was around five hundreds. I believed that they should charge me the difference but I later received a charge of another 21xx. In the new receipt I didn't see anywhere mentioning the upgrade and the amount I've already paid to them through priceline. I called the customer service. They insisted it was not double charge and didn't even want to investigate. They understood this didn't make sense for an upgrade but that's what you've signed. This was like cheating in a business but they didn't care. I probably have to ask for my bank for help.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I picked up my car on 12/14/21 @4:30pm and returned it 12/16/21 @ 430AM (12 hrs early). I had to leave the keys in their drop box because no one is there at 430am to accept return vehicles. Apparently they do not check the lock box for keys because for the next three days they charged my debit card on file $100 each day. Between the $530 deposit and the extra three days they ended up taking over $830 from us. They never closed our rental agreement out and said we still had the car. I looked and asked for a direct phone number to the location I rented at (Pensacola, Fl airport) so I could address them directly regarding the matter but to no avail.

Here it is the last week to shop before Christmas and I now have zero dollars to shop with because these clowns took it all and then some. They have made renting a car a nightmare. Read all of the other reviews and save yourself some money and a ** ton of stress by using a different car rental company. Do not use these morons, they are straight up thieves. I wish I would’ve read the reviews first and not later..

Dollar Rent A Car Company Information