1.60/5
Based on 183 reviews that contain star ratings

Doylestown, PA

190 CheapCaribbean.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Let me start by saying my trip was wonderful however, my experience leading up to it was a nightmare. I decided that for my 30th birthday I’d begin to travel one a year or twice if I was able and I did just that! My first vacation ever had more tears than the day my kid was born. Myself and my best friend booked a trip to DR and we booked 6 months out and I booked with my maiden name not realizing it would be a huge deal. However it was once I got married a month before my trip not realizing the name change was going to be the deal breaker. I spent 3,000.00 only for us to miss an entire day and be so aggravated and miserable not to enjoy the 2nd day.

Cheap Caribbean only wants the money!!! The airline broke the news to me about the name issue. I called CC & the lady took 53 minutes to take my credit card payment meanwhile telling me over and over “you’re not going to make the flight!” and the airline employee telling me “yes you will if she takes payment and I can change it on my end.” There were minutes of unnecessary moments of silence. I kept asking her, "Was everything OK? Did the payment go through?" until it became too late and then she told me I had to pay $369 for a whole new ticket. I was so stressed out I told my friend just to go without me. Needless to say she missed the flight by two minutes so finally we got an airline clerk who knew what she was doing who wanted to help. She managed to change the name get us on the next flight out for zero dollars.

I tipped her $50.00 because I was so disgusted at the fact that you really have employees who don’t care that you’ve already spent a huge amount of money with them and will be a repetitive customer year after year!!! I WILL NEVER EVER book with them again IDC if I have to pay more somewhere else. I’ll pay for quality service. BASICALLY THIS PLACE WAS GOING TO CHARGE ME $400.00 w/ tax for something I had done for free no hassle and CC deliberately made me miss my flight to try to get more money out of me. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My friends and I booked through CheapCaribbean on January 14, 2018 to stay at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay in Negril Jamaica July 25th to August 1, 2018. Paying full price for a wonderful vacation, were we ever surprised. The place just didn't look like the Riu's we have been to before. We were even asked when checking in to pay $65.00 in cash only for each couple so we could be upgraded. When we got to the pool we saw that it was dirty with tiles missing and the concrete sides untouchable. After two days we asked one of the girls waiting on us at the lobby bar what was going on. She said she was sad because next Wednesday was her last day. We asked if she was losing her job and she said the hotel was shutting down Aug 1 for renovations. WHAT?

Restaurants were closed, sewage smell from construction that was already going on was terrible, amenities we paid for that were broken like the hot tub were not going to be fixed and the 24 hour snack bar was closed on Thursday. After talking to our representative from CheapCaribbean at the hotel she seemed as surprised as we that the hotel did not give us what we paid for and asked us to write down on a peice of paper, (not an official document) what we had experienced. She told us to leave it with one of the other agencies on Tuesday but no one was there. Since no one else was coming in to that hotel, why would they bother to come to work.

After calling Cheap Caribbean we were told that they had been notified by Riu on January 16, 2018 of the closing date. When asked why we were not told, it was because we had booked before they knew and if we had booked after they could have flagged our account and let us know. Hello, two days! Not acceptable. If we would have been told and we still came anyway it would have been on us. Since we were not told then it should be on CheapCaribbean and Riu to make it right. Any help we can get to resolve this fortunate vacation would be greatly appreciated. The ** and the **, celebrating 41 and 43 years of marriage!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We booked travel for nine women from four US destinations to Cancun, Mexico staying at a Dreams resort. Five members of our group booked through CheapCaribbean. Four members booked through BookIt (better deal and reviews). Upon arrival the Bookit guests had a reservation listed with the resort and the Cheap Caribbean guests had no reservation! To make matters worse the hotel was fully booked! The only solution provided by Cheap Caribbean was to move the 5 guests to another resort 30 minutes away, splitting our group.

We wasted an entire day looking at the beach through an 8th floor window in the Dreams Preferred Club until finally two rooms became available due to an emergency that required an early check out. Apparently Cheap Caribbean may offer my friends a little credit with their company ($50pp), but I will never book a trip with them again. I used them twice in the past with some minors issues (extremely long hold times when trying to talk to a representative, etc), but after they failed to secure my friend's reservations...in MEXICO...never again!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I booked a vacation for our honeymoon. I put my wife's name as my last name. The day after I realized we weren't going to be able to get the name change processed in time for the passport (it takes 8 weeks priority) so the next day I let them know to change the name of my passenger to her maiden name. They said they could cancel my existing reservation and process a new reservation with the same name as my wife's maiden name but the flights had gone up since yesterday and they would charge an additional $91 for the new reservation. I cancelled the entire reservation on principle and will book with someone else. This is ridiculous customer service and a dumb way to operate a business.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Originally the site was very helpful when booking my trip. My grandmother passed away two days prior to our trip. When I called, they moved my dates and shortened my trip to make the price stay the same, but said there would be an additional "hotel fee" of $648 for the Melia hotel in Nassau and stated this was a mandatory fee that was charged by the hotel. I have contacted Melia and they have confirmed that no fee was assessed by them and that only the original amount of my hotel stay was paid to them. I have disputed this with my credit card company and have been denied the request due to Cheap Caribbean stating that this "hotel fee" was paid to Melia and not refundable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The reservations and excursions were wrong. The names and how many were going. When you call Cheap, the agent would never correct it themselves. There is another department that does that. It would take 2-6 days for them to process the correction. Almost every day there was a hassle with something that I had to correct, while on vacation!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I used CheapCaribbean to book a trip to Mexico. Sorting through resorts and packages was easy and so was booking. So easy it felt as if I was missing some aspect of it, but I wasn't. I had a lot of questions afterwards about the trip because I am a bit neurotic. All were answered quickly and thoroughly. A negative occurrence would be the excursion away from the hotel booked through CheapCaribbean was not actually close to the hotel therefore the promised transportation was not provided. The concierge said this is typical. I contacted CheapCaribbean and they were apologetic and refunded the excursion. I would use them again.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Booked a resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. When we arrived, we experienced several issues with an unusable beach, no running water in our room and service problems. Hotel did nothing but alerted us that there is a Cheap Caribbean representative there every day. We met with him and he was nice but really did nothing to mediate for us with the hotel. His only purpose is to sell us excursions. After 3 days of no running water, they told me they would get me another resort. They then flipped representatives and had to start my whole complaint over because they keep no records. New representative tells me they really can't mediate any issues with the resort and they can't book another facility.

I showed him the texts from other guy who said he would and was told they could not do anything about it. During my stay I learned that the beach has not been usable for months and the water supply issue has been a problem for as long as some of the staff had worked there. They can't often change rooms because most have issues. I told Cheap Caribbean that they should not be booking a place like this. Their posting guarantees updated photos and information. Was told we have to do our due diligence as well although he admitted the problems have been at this resort for a long time. Cheap Caribbean is just a discount seller. Do not expect any service from them and do not trust their information. There are many robot reviews that make the bad reviews look small.

Original review: May 30, 2018

What does 7 grand get you? Booked an all-inclusive family trip to Punta Cana. We didn’t have too many specific requests, but one request was not to fly through JFK if possible because my autistic son will be overstimulated and likely having a meltdown there. We were told JFK was the only option, and hesitantly agreed, hoping we could prep our son for possibly being overstimulated at the airport and processing a social story with him ahead of time. Our trip is coming up next week, and I decided to contact the airline directly and ask about other flight options. It turns out, there is a flight that day which would not require going through the airport my son is so afraid to visit. An added bonus is that the flight leaves sooner and wouldn’t cause our entire first and last days of vacation to be consumed by travel as it is currently (so we really get 5 days of vacation for the price of 7).

The airline agreed to change our flights at no extra cost and told us it would be a simple process by having Cheap Caribbean staff contact them. We contacted Cheap Caribbean - 2 days later and after escalating through several levels of staff we are told the final answer is no, despite our son’s disability. Won’t use Cheap Caribbean again, for many reasons but mostly because they are not ADA compliant. Will be looking to file a complaint based on the ADA and their lack of willingness to accommodate our son when other options did in fact exist. I have a feeling I should have waited to write this review, as this is probably only the beginning of our disappointments.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We stayed in Mexico at what was listed on CheapCarribean as a 4.5 star resort. Paid for the most expensive room with a huge deck and a large pool on the balcony... that’s what we paid for. We got a small room with a jacuzzi tub. One that had feces and blood spots on the sheets. No air conditioning, and no hot water. Called the company from Mexico and talked to someone. They never called me back. The roof in one area was leaking and I slid and hurt my hip. I am 44 and in good shape. Not feeble for sure.

Anyway, upon return they did absolutely nothing. Blamed it on the resort. I got the pics and description off of Cheap’s website. Was subject to terrible conditions, timeshare bs and more. Worst group of people ever. Looking into a class action suit. They need to be shut down. I posted on social media about my experience and someone from their staff responded by telling me I should have booked VIP and that never would have happened. What kind of slack suck place are they trying to run. I booked the VIP sans Kahn and half of that was closed also! Any other VIP was never offered and I purchased THE MOST EXPENSIVE room at the resort. No one no matter how much or how little should be subject to that! What a crappy company too.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have been using CheapCarribean for years and they never disappoint. I was reading some of the reviews and not sure what these folks are talking about. You get what you paid for just as described and if you call them they will help you find different flights that are not even listed on their site.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Buyer beware. Don't book the deal of fortune??? They don't tell you what resort you're staying at until 3 days prior not 7 and by then it is too late to back out even with the extra cancellation insurance. Expect a loss. There is a two night penalty. The "5 star" resort (Breathless resort and spas) they gave us had nothing but scathing reviews from cockroaches, mold, foul odors, bugs, dirt, non working air conditioning and refrigerators and more for the last three months on their own site. These were not the reviews on the site when booking the trip in January. Their response? "Too bad, YOU were the one who chose that deal... Sorry there is nothing we can do." Even though it was suggested by the agent I spoke to when booking it.

False advertising a "five star" resort deal and scams to get more money out of you. Beware.... Part 2: This place was dirty, smelled of urine, bleach and mold. There was blood on the side of the bed. The room was beat up. Coverlet for our bed was ripped, mangled and missing buttons. Could not breathe in the room. Begged to even spend more money to go elsewhere. Do something? Anything? They took my number and said CheapCaribbean would call back. No phone call. Horrible experience. The food terrible. I was sick for days.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I booked a hotel with this company in Mexico. One month later they lowered the price of the exact same room by $1200.00 on their website. I did not want the $1200.00 back, but something would have been nice. After you pay them, the money is theirs. They would not consider it. I spoke to Timothy, a customer service manager and he read me their policies right out of the book. He spoke over me and continued to say the same thing over and over again. 0% customer service. Great way to get repeat customers CheapCaribbean.com. We will never use them again, and I will make sure everyone I know that they are about the money, not about the customer.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I booked our trip to Costa Rica with Cheap Caribbean, I just called the airline to confirm some things that we are entitled to with our credit card and found out that Cheap Caribbean took it upon themselves to use their own card “for my safety” to book my airfare!!! Because of that I lost the miles for this trip and I have to pay to check my bags!!! What gives them the right to do that! And who is now enjoying my miles! Last time I will ever book with them! Very dishonest company.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Awful business. I booked a vacation with CheapCaribbean.com and they told me if I purchase the insurance that I could cancel at any time. They said it would only cost me $75 to cancel. So I called back to cancel it because I could not make the vacation and they tried to send me to some insurance company! Now they say that I cannot cancel and get a full refund. This site is a scam! They lie! Bad business! Now I have to wait for them to call me back to cancel. Luckily I recorded the phone conversation that I had with the ignorant salesperson.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I found the agents friendly and found me the best deal compared to other companies. My travel experience, pricing, airlines, transportation and my destination turn out a 5 star experience at Punta Cana Dreams Spa and Resort. Plus they had a representative on the property. Couldn't ask for more.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I booked a trip with CheapCaribbean. Once our flights changed and not for the better. The second time I paid for the upgraded special hotel deal that was supposed to get you all the benefits of the hotel. Well when I got there my two friends I booked with got the deal but I did not. We were placed in a separate building and told that CheapCaribbean was at fault. CheapCaribbean gave us nothing but a runaround and offered us some paltry amount on the next trip. I would never book with them again. They lost my business.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We purchased an all-inclusive trip to the Westin Playa Conchal in Costa Rica through CheapCaribbean. We purchased the round trip transfers as part of the trip for $281.52. Amstar, the third party company that provided our transfer took us to RIU, the wrong resort, which was in the opposite direction of the Westin. Our flight arrived in Liberia at 1:00 pm so we planned to have a late lunch at the resort and spend the afternoon familiarizing ourselves with the resort property. As it turned out, we did not arrive at our resort until late afternoon. We were in the van for several hours and were not offered a bathroom, water, or anything to eat. We missed lunch and lost a half day of our vacation. We contacted both CheapCaribbean and Amstar by phone and email. They were nonresponsive. No refund or partial credit whatsoever. Buyer beware.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We have booked thru CheapCarribean at minimum 10 times over last few years. And each of those times there has been at minimum 6 people and usually 8-10. We booked above trip a month or so ago. That will be our last trip booked through you guys. The way I was treated with this situation and amount of inconvenience it has caused is ridiculous.

Saturday morning I got a flight change where we got moved from our flight from Houston to Cabo (flight 1452 to flight 1438). It arrives 2 hours later in Cabo. I was upset but I do understand that this happens. Then later in day I talked to several other in our group going and found that they had gotten a change also. But their change was just a flight number and they arrived same time in Cabo. (Flight 1438 to flight 6167.) We were the only 4 to get moved off that flight! I called instantly and talk to one of your people. He told me to email the flight people. I did that. He told me I could try to call United directly. I did that.

When I talk to United the lady who was very nice said they had availability but they were not able to make the move without someone from your company making the call. So I called you back yet again on Saturday night. I ask for someone to make that call. To no avail. They said the flight people wouldn't be in until Sunday morning at 5. I called them and was told to call back after 9 because that is when they would be in. They were not. They said at that point to call back Monday morning. So this morning I called back and sat on phone for another 15 minutes on hold (which happened every time). They put me through to your flight people. The lady was nice enough and said they showed no availability on that flight.

At this time I was on United and they did show availability. She said it was business class though and they couldn’t book that. I asked if they could move us to a flight on American that landed and left close to same time. She said yes but then told me it would be 200 more per person. And then told me there could be other changes coming. Lol. This wouldn't be huge deal except my niece who is on other flight has never traveled out of country before and now I am sending her there without me. Which is ridiculous considering we all already paid extra to be on this specific flight. And now 4 of us is not even getting that flight. YES I SAID WE PAID EXTRA FOR THAT FLIGHT. Added to the fact that I booked a transfer for all of us and now the four of us will have to book separate transportation for the four of us. Costing us another 200 dollars.

Like I said I understand mistakes could have been made that was out of CheapCarribean's hand but they could've easily fixed this by several different methods. 1. It is straight ridiculous to run a travel agency as big as you guys and not keep someone in the company who can call airline to make changes over the weekend. If you had had someone this could've easily been fixed Saturday night. When the lady from United said they could easily move us over to other flight. 2. Even today there was availability to move us over but you said you could because it was a upgrade. You should do this and eat the small loss when clearly your customers have gotten screwed and because you were not equipped to fixed it over last few days when the fix was there.

3. You could have moved the 4 of us to the earlier flight and ate that cost. For the same reasons above. Your service has always been good as far as I am concerned. You usually call days after booking and go over stuff. Which btw you didn't do this time and that was fine though. I did think it was nice service. Your prices were better than most. But I can bet many other companies out there could've fixed this Saturday when I made first call. And to me that level of customer service would be worth the few extra bucks to book through another company.

Anyways I just wanted to write this to management and hopefully it will make you guys change the way you operate just a little. Maybe it will help out future customers. Sorry for ranting but this upset me very much. Not only did change end up costing us money, making my niece go out of country and through customs without me when I told her I would be by her side. We also paid a extra couple hundred dollars for nothing. Change your policies or you WILL lose more customers over time. These policies are bad business.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

This was my first time using CheapCaribbean and I must say I absolutely loved it! I will be using them again, please don't let the bad reviews scare you off. Everything was wonderful. I can't wait until my next vacation!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We have used Cheap Caribbean twice to travel to 2 different locations in the Dominican Republic and was happy with the service and price. The only advice I would give is to check the distance of the airport to your location because they use the cheapest airfare and it can sometimes be a distance to travel, but I don’t think that’s different from any other booking site. I felt I was taken care of with transfers waiting with sign at airport on time and with reliable transportation.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I am a travel agent who booked an all inclusive vacation for some clients. When I started the booking on their website, I noticed that their form was not saving my agent info. I called and was placed on hold for 63 minutes. After finally reaching someone, I was told not to worry about it. It was a glitch in the system. The woman told me to just send the information via e-mail to their agent customer service email address. I did that, 4 times so far. I also emailed their consumer customer service email address, 3 times so far. I called twice, the second time I was told by Bob that the matter was being "escalated" and that I would receive a return call that day. That call never came.

I am trying to make a minor change on my clients' reservation. Their information had mysteriously gone through but mine didn't. They are telling me that I can't make the change because I am not their registered agent. I did everything I was instructed to do by CheapCaribbean and they intentionally lied to me so they don't have to pay my company a commission. They are also doing the client a disservice. They told them that they needed to contact the resort directly. Hindsight being 20/20 we should have done that from the beginning. It turns out, it would have been cheaper if we had. With a customer service department like that, do you really want to give all that money to CheapCaribbean?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

This company is owned by Apple Vacations - Apple Vacations offers better rates and better service. CheapCaribbean offers a price match only if you call back within 24 hours of booking. This is misleading. I ran into an issue where I found a cheaper price. Called them back within 24 hours. I was put on hold give then option to be called back - when they called me I was driving and could not take the call - when I was able to call them back I was told it was beyond the 2 hours and they would not give me the price match. In addition to this issue I was given an account manager at time of order once I booked it. I no longer could talk to him. Needed to go to customer service which was a nightmare to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

This review is to help the reader understand that once you pay CheapCaribbean, they will keep your money whether or not they can provide you with the promised trip. We purchased a trip to the Caribbean. The price was OK, but nothing to brag about. Unfortunately, due to the ensuing hurricanes, the hotel closed down. The trip could not have been taken. So, we asked for the money back. Not-so-Cheap-and-really-stinky-Caribbean said that the money will not be returned and only available as a credit that will expire shortly.

We went to the customer so-called service: first, no one responded for two weeks, then Kimberly ** responded. Her email was very nice, and she knows how to write. Her email said to just call her and she will resolve everything. We called her for over a month, left messages, sent emails. Finally, she responded. Kimberly was rude on the phone, refused to discuss law applicable to our claim, and then refused to even discuss morals of keeping our money when the trip could not be taken.

We have hired a lawyer to sue them and expect that the lawsuit will result in our favor. If you proceed that route, you may want to know that you can get from the courts treble damages because CheapCaribbean is your fiduciary and legal fees reimbursement in the judgment. Yes, good justice for CheapCaribbean, but is this how you want your vacation experience to go?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My husband and I booked a trip in Aug to be taken in Oct. to Paradise Island in the Bahamas. This was a dream come true for both of us. We stayed at the Comfort Suites, to have access to Atlantis, which was wonderful! Here is the problem, two days before our trip we received an email saying that they were just notified that the pool at the hotel was under renovations. I immediately contacted CheapCaribbean because I have a medical condition that prevents me from walking long distances daily and I need the pool for resistance therapy which is crucial for my pain level and walking ability.

For me this was not an inconvenience. It was a matter of being able to walk and move on my vacation! The response from them was, "Sorry for the inconvenience!" There was nothing on the website when I booked this trip about any pool work. I explained in another email, because the wait is too long by phone, that I was unhappy with their response and I was in shock that they did not try to help me in any way! They did say I could still use the pools at Atlantis.

So we took the trip and found out that CheapCarribean knew well in advance that the pool was under renovations, had we known this we would have booked later in the month when it would have been finished. Unfortunately, the closest pool to us in Atlantis was also under construction and I was only able to walk to the other pool on one day. It was just too far for me.

I never made it to the beaches because I was unable to walk to it! I found out too late that our hotel would have provided me with some assistance had we told them the situation sooner. I guess that is my fault I had too much pride and too much embarrassment! The bottom line is CheapCarribean advertised a hotel with a pool, that is what we paid for and they knew it would not be available for us to use, they deceived us, and did nothing to help us! We were at their mercy by the time we were notified they had all my money!!! I will never book with them again! Please Please Please, book with someone else, this company does not care one bit about you. Once they have your money it's over!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Last year my daughter began planning her 30th birthday celebration vacation. She researched every aspect of the trip and when a colleague suggested Cheap Caribbean she took the recommendation and reached out to them to plan her once in a lifetime trip. She booked the trip and everything was wonderful. She was traveling from Rochester and I was traveling from the NY/NJ area to meet in the Montego Bay airport 3 days before her birthday. All was perfect until the week of the trip. Hurricane Irma was scheduled to make landfall in Florida on Saturday, September 9th and luckily there was enough time for me to reroute my flight.

Both my daughter and I were in adjoining terminals at JFK the morning of the 9th when both our flights were canceled due to a freak of nature with a lightning strike that occurred the afternoon before having taken out the entire Island of Jamaica's flight radar so no flights were able to land. Fast forward to Saturday evening after 4+ hours on the phone with Cheap Caribbean we were rebooked to Mexico leaving on September 12th. I'd requested a resort on the Riviera Maya and to be placed in one of the Dreams Resorts (or one their affiliate/AMStar resorts).

I was very explicit that I did not want to be at any resort that required guests to have wristbands and that I wanted the same classification of accommodations that we'd had for Jamaica. I was assured repeatedly that we were being placed into a top rung resort that rivaled the Dreams Resorts and was listed as a 5 star resort. I had to pay an additional fee for the new reservation and a flight for my daughter since she'd used one leg of her ticket as she'd had a connecting flight from Rochester (over $580).

Upon receipt of our confirmation I noticed that we were downgraded from a Junior Suite Oceanview to a standard room. I called Cheap Caribbean the following morning and after 2 hours of holding I was told that the reservation had already been released to the resort and that we could not make the correction. We traveled to Mexico the morning of the 12th and upon arrival at the hotel, were told that there was no reservation in our name. We had to pay an additional $500+ for two nights lodging while we waited for Cheap Caribbean to fix their error. To add insult to injury the resort we were booked into was not on the same level as the resort that I requested. We were required to wear wristbands, which is something that I verbally stated I did not want multiple times to the representatives from Cheap Caribbean.

My daughter spent two hours on the phone, while sitting in the lobby, since that was the only place she had consistent reception, trying to get Cheap Caribbean to correct their mistake. While we were at resort, they did confirm our reservation, but did not correct the room classification causing an additional cost to me. I've done quite a bit of traveling and have never had such a bad experience. The resort was picturesque, however that was the only positive. There were multiple buffets, but the selections were not wide and the food was not tasty. The theater was an open air space with no air conditioning and the ceiling fans did not offer any relief from the heat. We were not happy with the cleanliness either.

Most morning we would leave our room by 9 am and put the sign on the door to please clean our room and when we returned in the afternoon (after 3 pm) our room would not have been serviced. On the 3rd day when we returned, we were so disappointed that we went to complain in person since calling Housekeeping did no good. On our second day, we requested wash cloths no one brought us any. By chance, I was able to get some when the maid came to the room to see if wanted her to provide turn down service.

Now we are home nearly a month and Cheap Caribbean has still not refunded the difference between the rooms grade that we were supposed to have been booked into and the one they put us in. Their response has been that they appealed to the resort to provide us with the difference and the resort has responded that Cheap Caribbean was at fault. There has been no resolution to our frequent calls and emails. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Hello, so I recently had a group trip planned for Puerto Rico but unfortunately the area has recently suffered serious damage by two consecutive hurricanes which left the island unable to accommodate guests at this time. I had booked the flight and hotel through CheapCaribbean.com and got in contact with them days before the hurricane hit the island and asked about being refunded my deposit as it was clear that area would not be able to be visited any longer at this time.

A few days passed and finally the company emails and calls me letting me know the reservation had been canceled due to damages sustained by the island and travel credit will be given to those affected. Here lies the problem... This was an unfortunate event which was out of everyone's control and yet the company refused to refund me SOLELY on the grounds that it's their policy not to give refunds.

When I called and spoke with a representative, he stated only $127 will be held as future travel credit with them and that I would have to contact the airline for the refund of $724 for the airfare directly. Upon speaking to the airline, they agreed to fully refund me free of any fees or penalties but then stated the refund would be going to the Mastercard used to book the trip... However, I booked my entire trip using my American Express.

Unfortunately, the airline stated they had to refund to the purchase card used to purchase the tickets which now leaves me where I'm currently at... I have my full amount sitting in the account of a "nonrefundable" company even though I was told by a representative that I would have to call the airline and be refunded by them but, the company was smart enough or should I say sneaky enough to know to book using their means of purchasing so that in the case there was a refund, I, the customer would still not see that refund. I'm currently disputing this with American Express as it is an unfair business practice. When asked why the Mastercard was used to purchase the airline tickets rather than the card I provided, the person stated, "It is for your protection". So now you have an idea of what kind of company this is. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We booked vacation with CheapCaribbean September 3rd to September 7th in the Dominican Republic Punta Cana. Hurricane Irma hit, we were evacuated six and a half hours away to Santiago. Our group leaders from the resort was calling CheapCaribbean trying to get someone to be responsible for me and my friend and CheapCaribbean pretty much said we was on our own. We ended up having to spend three more nights and pay out of pocket, had to rebook our flights ourselves. I know this was all due to Hurricane but when you book with a travel agency I feel they should be there for you and try to help you in any way they can and this did not happen at all.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I had a trip planned for St Maarten since May - with a partial payment. Now, since IRMA hit - the resort I was booked for received heavy damage. I inquired about my stay - to Cheap Caribbean, and the response I got was that the resort I was going to would not be ready for my dates of travel - nor would the island. I had no desire to go elsewhere, as I was intrigued with the "airport" and wanted to view the beach and the planes making their approach very close to the beach!! I inquired about how long of a wait, and this place wasn't taking any reservations - up and to the "May" of 2018 (which is when my year would be up). I simply asked for a refund - so I could just rebook, when the resort was rebuilt. Cheap Caribbean said I could only get a credit from the resort and the airlines - no refunds!

I understand this was an act of Mother Nature, but it was definitely not all my fault!!! CC would not budge... At all!!! Never would they offer anything to support customer service - it was always "The resort”, or the "airline" stance. Well, I never dealt with the airlines or the resorts - I went through one place "Cheap Caribbean". I don't understand - I put down one third of my total package, in good faith and knowing I was not going to cancel. I had no desire to go anywhere else, but I was forced to find another trip - because there was no refund. And, if I didn't find/use another trip before May, I lost my monies!! WOW!!!

O. K, so, now there was no way I was just gonna hand them free money, by walking away. I thought, I would choose another location, and then look for civil action against the company. (They are out to protect only themselves and the only ones that are out on this - would be the resort and ME!!) If you book, and come across some issues, you can bet - there is NO WAY "Cheap" Caribbean is going to take a hit at any level!! If something is wrong - you will be the only one who not only suffers the brunt of the pain... You will also be the only one to carry any financial burdens.

Once you make a partial payment, don't expect to get ANY back!! They hold your money and force you to book another trip, if things go south on the intended trip!! RUN!!! RUN FAR, and VERY FAST!!! DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS PLACE!!! There is my two cents worth. Now, I will head to a place where I have absolutely no desire to go - for my long awaited vacation (since May). BAD REVIEW FOR Liz, Timothy.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

In May 2017 my now ex husband went on Cheap Caribbean to purchase a 7 night w/ flights all inclusive vacation for us. I paid half the trip with my credit card and he paid half with his card however, we broke up the end of May and I called 6 times to cancel my part of the trip. But because my ex was the primary on the reservation, they said he had to call in and cancel my part of the trip. And because it was a bad break up due to a crazy alcoholic man that I begged to cancel to get some money back.

He did not call out of spite and Cheap Caribbean told me because he did not cancel, I lost my 1500 bucks! Then I fought it with my bank and Cheap Caribbean sent a rebuttal of some policy of absolutely no refunds that I never was told when I called 6 times nor saw on the paperwork so I lost 1500 and never went on the vacation. They don't even give you a credit or can change your reservation, nothing! Absolutely will not use them again!!! Bookit has a refund and great cancelation policy...

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information