Doylestown, PA

3.8/5 (390 ratings)

About CheapCaribbean.com

CheapCaribbean.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I booked a trip through Cheap Caribbean yesterday at 2:00 pm to stay at the Riu Palace. The resort I originally wanted was the Valentin Imperial. I noticed that I had 24 hrs to change or modify my reservation so I looked later in the day and The Valentin had a similar rate to the Riu so I called customer service. I told them I was on their website and I would like to modify my resort. They quoted me a price of over $4,000 (which was $1,000 more than the price I was looking at on their website). I asked why the rate was so much more than what was noted on their website. I did screenshot the screens showing the price that I was seeing. I got all the way to the credit card entry portion and this was a live (current) price.

I was not on the internet for more than 5 min so I knew this price was current. If I was on the screen too long it would have given me an error saying I was idling too long. "Please start your search over." The only explanation customer service agent could give me was prices change randomly throughout the day. I do understand this as I have previously booked with Cheap Caribbean. I just didn't understand why their website was showing one price but when I called the customer service phone number they would not match what I was seeing on their website. I also asked if there was a supervisor or problem resolution number and I was told there are no supervisors at Cheap Caribbean? Was not given the option to speak with anyone to resolve the issue I was having.

The next day I called back and I spoke with someone and I emailed my screenshots of the screens showing the price I was seeing the night before. They responded by saying that they had no way to prove that my screenshots for the new resort and it did not show flight information (even though I was not asking for a change in flight) only wanted to change resort. They also stated that my screenshot was not time stamped which I did ask them why can't they look back on the comments from my all of my previous calls? I talked to several different agents. None of which were able to help me. It should show that I called to change my resort and the agent was not seeing the same price I was.

I guess when you are dealing with companies like this you are just supposed to know all of these little details of documentation. Instead of standing behind their name and making good on this, they take no accountability. They push you back and forth from one person to another. Nobody knows what is going on, why their website showing a different price than their agent see, and they are not interested in keeping your business or their customer service. They truly do make you feel like you are just a number. I would advise booking with another travel agency that is more reputable.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

This is my second awful experience with this company. They give hotels five star reviews, that deserves less than one star. Our stay was absolutely terrible, the rooms were awful, the food was disgusting, and yet when I contacted Cheap Caribbean to let them know, they did nothing for us. They just want your money, and could care less about their customers. This was my first vacation in years and it was miserable.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

Booked an all-inclusive trip to Riviera Maya 7 months ago - paid for a Junior Allure Ocean View Suite - did not get one. Called CheapCaribbean customer service, said there wasn't anything they could do and I'd have to go to the front desk of the hotel. Did so - only to be told they were full and we couldn't have another room. Maintenance work going on outside our room, in the hotel from morning to evening - continuous noise.

Hounded ENDLESSLY by Amstar which was not disclosed by CheapCaribbean - at the shuttle at the airport upon arrival for 45 minutes while the shuttle driver stood there, upon check-in at the hotel again another 45 minutes, then called our room every 2 hours EVERY DAY - every morning and afternoon to try and get us to schedule an appointment with them!!! Paid for private shuttle to and from the airport - crammed into a 15-passenger van...took pictures of everything and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau including pictures. This was a horrible trip and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone - their customer service is deplorable and you don't get what you pay for. If I could rate zero stars - I would.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Purchased All-inclusive package. Received only flight details, no hotel confirmation or any other details. No customer service at all. Chat option cannot solve any issues, all they can advise is to call the 800 number. No live person on this number ever. You can listen to music till your retirement. Sounds like fraud or scam website, will have to report to BBB.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi there! We are sorry to hear this, please send us your contact information and booking number to socialteam@cheapcaribbean.com so we can connect you with an agent. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Tldr: Amstar is a shady company with no support and Apple Vacations LLC continues to do business with them and does not take any responsibility for mistakes on behalf of Amstar. We paid for transportation and Amstar did not show up and we had to get a cab back to the airport. Apple did not fully refund us for this! If you use cheap Caribbean, don’t book anything but flight and hotel or better yet, book direct because Apple is a terrible organization. Update. Cheap Caribbean has since offered us a 50 percent refund after my partner submitted a claim with the BBB.

My girlfriend and I booked a weeklong stay in Puerto Vallarta Mexico through CheapCaribbean.com. We booked a European-style package meaning no food or drinks included since we don’t drink a lot. The airfare and hotel were fine. We also booked transportation to and from the airport as well as a Marietas islands snorkeling trip through CheapCaribbean.com. CheapCaribbean is owned and run by Apple vacations LLC, and a company called Amstar coordinates the activities and transportation in Mexico. Amstar also books tours and activities through a company called Vallarta Adventures.

We had 2 issues with our trip: We were not satisfied with the snorkeling trip as I will explain below and Amstar did not pick us up from our hotel to go to the airport. We were told there would be an Amstar representative at our resort. There was no representative. We were told by staff they usually come for a short time in the morning but when we woke up early to catch them, they were not there. Amstar and Apple have absolutely no support and when you call the 800 number for help, you can only speak to offshore call centers that can’t really do anything but listen to you complain and say they are sorry, an unpleasant interaction for both parties.

We filed complaints with post-travel at Apple which is a call center in India by the sound of the agent's accent. Very nice staff who are there to take your complaint and forward it to apple, which then decides to either escalate the case to someone who can actually help or reject it. Then it's up to these poor Indian guys to take all the heat and apologize for Apple's poor business practices. They told us that Amstar was unresponsive and there was nothing they could do.

Apple should have just refunded us and taken some responsibility for doing business with a poorly run company like Amstar. The snorkeling trip was straight-up false advertising, and the transportation was paid for and not even provided! Apple has completely closed all lines of communication, both email and phone, and just pay these call centers to take the heat so that they don’t have to have any contact with furious customers. If I was in the Philly area, I'd try going to their HQ in newton square PA but I'm sure that would be a waste of time also. After some searching, I found that they also have a declaimer on the site that they don’t take responsibility for false advertising, definitely the first red flag that you should not book anything through Apple or subsidiaries.

Here is the description of the snorkeling trip on cheapcarribean.com: “Visit the volcanic Marieta islands made famous by Jacques Cousteau. Snorkel, kayak and explore the wonders of this unique ecosystem and rock formations that make this an experience to be remembered for a lifetime” What the trip is actually like: Wake up at 5:30 am to get to the port. First bad sign, the entire time the boat is underway, they are blasting party rock from the early 00s. Think “party rockers in the house tonight…”. For hours… they suggest to ride up top if the volume level bothers you.

we arrive at the islands and are required to wear lifejackets so no free diving, whatever national park rules. Then we are forced to swim in a group of 40 or so, for about 10 minutes and get back on the boat. That’s it. 10 min of swimming around in deep jellyfish-infested waters where you can’t even dive to see things up close. Then the boat circles the island and we leave.

Kayaks are a lie, secret beach is a lie, even the snorkeling is pretty much a lie. We then cruise on the party boat for an hour or so to a private beach. The whole time blasting party rock with an open bar of cheap liquor and beer. neither I nor my girlfriend drink so that was completely wasted on us. Music blaring the entire time of course.

Then we arrive at the private beach where we have to spend another hour or 2 with nothing to do but drink or ride on speedboat towed, banana rafts (And of course the party rock, they have speakers up and down the beach). I would have loved to go snorkeling at this beach which would have made the whole thing a little enjoyable, but can’t do that because of speed boat traffic from the stupid banana boats. At this point we would have gladly paid to take a taxi back but there are no roads to or from this beach. As if it couldn’t get any worse, Vallarta Adventures makes the poor crew perform karaoke and air guitar reenactments of popular funk and R&B hits with James Brown wig, fake guitars and everything. At least the lead crew member has a great voice, just a shame he has to do these ridiculous skits. This not only wasted an entire day of our vacation but also a night since we had to get to bed early.

Apple should take responsibility for their products and they should hold their partners to a higher standard but I guess that’s what you get when you book with budget sites. Both these companies exist to take tourists' money and provide the bare minimum of service and I’m sure their workers don’t see any benefits of this profiteering. Then each company can say it’s the others responsibility and once they take your money, it’s not coming back whether you receive the product you paid for or not.

My advice to anyone considering a budget vacation would be to go to a site like cheapCaribbean.com and find the flight and hotel, then book directly through the resort and airlines. If anything goes wrong, Apple vacations had insured that they don’t have to take any responsibility for the quality of the products or lack thereof since they only exist as a middleman. This was a good lesson in why you don’t use Apple LLC or any subsidiaries. We are only out a few hundred from it but it's hard to put a price on wasting an entire day of a short vacation.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Purchased a vacation package to Mexico all-inclusive and got double charged as CheapCaribbean website experienced technical issues. I ended up with two reservations resulting in duplicate booking. It was a nightmare to fight for a refund which is still in 'process' every time I call and spend more than an hour on the phone with Customer Service Team. The customer service is horrible (language barrier) and nobody knows what's going on. Every time I call I am being promised to receive a refund but nothing is done. Be aware it's a scam and I never received a refund plus was somehow charged penalties from the air company to their company's account.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I bought a trip for two to Puerto Vallarta from CheapCarribean.com with an add-on serene snorkeling trip from Puerta Vallarta adventures and added transportation to the package managed by Amstar. My transportation did not arrive to take me to the airport even after calling almost making me miss my flight. The serene snorkeling experience to the Marietas Islands was a false advertisement for essentially a booze cruise with 10 minutes of snorkeling in 7 hours. The boat blasted music which made sure there was nothing serene about it or animals around as the trip was advertised. I would have paid to get off of this boat as it was not at all what was described.

I just wanted my money back for the transportation that never arrived and was ten times more than the local fares and a refund for the add-on package since it wasted an entire day of my trip. The parent company, Apple, would not refund me anything and simply offered me free transportation on my next trip with the which will NEVER happen. It took over six weeks to get this response and around 10 phonecall and more emails. Horrible company, Amstar was horrible, Puerta Vallarta adventures was horrible, and the parent company Apple is horrible to deal with. Do not get your vacation through any of these companies.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

We purchased a 4,5 star resort from CheapCaribbean. When we arrived in Punta Cana the resort was maybe a 2. No towels, mosquitoes everywhere in room, water leaking from bath roof, room and bath filthy. I contacted the phone provided for problems, the lady that took complaint said she would call hotel and have all fixed. Nothing! Called again and nothing so we spent 1500$ pp and 5 days in a dump, oh and agent taking complaint acknowledged they knew the hotel's declined but still rate it on Cheap Caribbean as a 4.5 star… This is plain and simple fraud. Nothing was done to fix problems. We were simply left in DR without any means to resolve our problems.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Everything seemed fine until the day before we left on our trip and I noticed there was no confirmation about the travel from airport to the resort. After an hour with 2 different customer service agents they informed me that the transportation I had booked 2 months ahead was not available. Now they want to charge me an extra $98 to get my family to and from the resort. I know it's only $98 but at the beginning of this experience they magically couldn't get me booked one night for the vacation and instructed me to call back in the morning.... guess what? Vacation increase over $1000.00 at that point. Customer service is available but what a joke. Do yourself a favor and use a reputable company or your local travel agent.

Original review: June 14, 2022

We booked a trip to Puerto Vallarta 4 months before we were hit with the pandemic. We called them and asked them for a refund. And they told me that we can get a voucher and use it at a later date...By the way we had another trip schedule for November of the same year to South America ...With upgraded seats...The airline for South America returned our money and even the upgraded seats..And Cheap Caribbean didn't...Now that for the past 3 months I have been trying to book again using my credits for Cabo. It turned out that they cannot because the airline which is what they reserve does not allow baggage...Just a small backpack...This I was never notified of because I would of paid the extra if I had to or never booked with them...I would of done individually airline and hotel...

Now I am asking for an extension and since I have until 6/30/22 I have to take within the next 2 weeks and pay full amount for air...So far no resolution for this...They took the $1300...That I paid...And they will not do anything...For everyone that reads this do not book anything with these people they are... Bogus..And very poor in their promises...Do not book with them...

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information