2. Travel

Doylestown, PA

1.2/5 (78 ratings)

About CheapCaribbean.com

CheapCaribbean.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANY TRAVEL NEEDS!!!! We have been continually lied to and dismissed by this company for over a year and a half regarding a trip scheduled and canceled in April of 2020. We were set to travel in April of 2020 when, because of the pandemic, had to cancel our plans. Because of the circumstances we were comfortable with Cheap Caribbean giving us credit for our trip, as we hoped to do the trip at some point in the future. We continued to communicate with the company regarding how long the credit would be good for, alternatives, etc. Multiple calls to the company with multiple representatives let us know that we had an airline credit and a trip credit.

In the spring of 2021, we decided to utilize our credits by traveling to the US Virgin Islands as we are not comfortable traveling internationally at this time. They informed us that we had to travel with our original air carrier (which was a CANADIAN airline, we live in the UNITED STATES). The borders have been closed so we were unable to travel to Canada to use the credit with this specific airline. We booked the trip with our 'travel' credits and had to pay additionally out of pocket for the airfare for the trip. We were informed by Cheap Caribbean that WestJet has our air credits. We contacted WestJet to find out our options for usage given that we are unable to travel to Canada to use their airlines.

WestJet informed us that Cheap Caribbean has our credits/money and they cannot help us directly. Upon speaking to various representatives for hours, conference calls between the airline and the company, emails and promises of call back - the company is not refunding our credits, not allowing us to book a flight through them with the SPECIFIC airline they SAY we have to use due to them having our credits. The only option they are giving us is to book ANOTHER trip with them to a Caribbean location (even though WestJet flies to US destinations).

They have STOLEN $1600 dollars from us with no recourse, no options and no care. We have already worked to use our credits with them, were told LIES about being able to use our air credit, and have continued to LIE to us regarding who has our money. This will be posted on every review website and reported to every agency possible. Do not use these crooks. They will steal your money, not communicate, not assist, and you will waste your life trying to get any resolution.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

If you are reading this review before you purchased a package from CheapCarribean.com, don’t do business with them. The company offers you a good deal package, goes all the way to get your money, sells you protection plan in case you need to cancel or change, but cancelling your trip and receive your money back is not possible. My 83 years old mother purchased a package during COVID pandemic with protection plan. She called company before purchasing to confirm she can make changes or cancel. She explained that due to her age and health conditions she needs to have ability to cancel and she was assured by the business that she can do it any time. She paid over $2800 as a deposit. 10 days later, her doctor advised her not to travel, and she called to cancel.

Now I will describe multiple phone calls, emails and interaction with the company to cancel this package. 1) My mother called to cancel. Customer service said they are not refunding airfare, they are not refunding cost of the protection plan, but we will receiving net credit (points for future travel) worth $400. 2) We called airline directly, and asked if it’s even legal to not refund airfare and can we cancel this airfare directly with the airline. The airline customer service cancelled the airfare and assured us that all airfares are refundable, can be cancelled any time during pandemic. However, the airline will have to return funds to the company who paid for the tickets.

3) We called cheapcarribean.com again. Now, we have airfare cancellation and email communication from the airfare. We are requesting to cancel the package and receive our money back. Customer service accepts the airfare cancellation, and adds airfare cost as points to future travel. Now we have $2400 worth of points. 4) We called again and again asking to get our money back. The only respond we get is ‘it is company policy’ not to refund customers in form of funds. 5) Once during my multiple phone calls someone suggested to write an email to headquarters, attach doctor's note and ask to cancel package for refund. We sent email, which returned with the message that mailbox is not monitored. 6) We filed report with consumer protection agency, credit card company and district attorney. This company is fraudulent. Do not do business with them.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

My friends and I planned a girls trip to Cabo and we booked late 2019- early 2020 for April 2020. Once COVID hit the trip was canceled and we expected to get a refund. Most of the girls in our group did get refunds through their credit card but me and the friend I was splitting a room with didn't. Between the 2 of us it was over $1500 and we've tried to call them and the credit card company. I've also email numerous times and have gotten the same cookie cutter response. Their only offer was to have travel credits that expire December 2021.

This doesn't help when both of us work in healthcare and are short staffed, we aren't able to take time off work for this. We simply want a refund but the company is being greedy and taking advantage of people screwed by the pandemic. Every email response is auto generated with no attempt to actually solve the problem. And every attempt to call is met with an over 2 hour wait time that hangs up before a response is made. Have some empathy and a shred of human decency and give refunds for trips cancelled due to COVID.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I had to cancel our trip to Playa del Carmen on August 27 2021, due to new covid restrictions. The first guys said that he understood and many had to cancel due to Mexico changing covid restrictions. He said said they would credit back my account. That was over a month prior to the trip. I’ve called and emailed and gotten a different answer every time, a different person every time.... The last time they said to contact Uplift, then they blocked my phone # and my email address. This is the second bad dealing with them. The first I added on tours and rides from the airport, no one picked us up, we weren’t listed on any of the tours. They said it was a glitch and they eventually paid after three month of emails. This company is fast to take your money and run.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

It seems like you're getting a good deal, but that's because they discount your trip by taking off fees that you'll have to pay upfront when you get there. My trip ended up being over $500 dollars more after having to pay baggage fees and an 18% per night hotel fee (for chairs and towels)??? We honestly would have been much better off booking independently.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

We spent 3 days during our 10 year anniversary trip trying to get in contact with someone from Cheap Caribbean. While we were at our destination. I called once and spoke with an agent and chatted twice before our departure to Sunscape Akumal… We were told there would be no effect from the hurricane here but when we got there, we were informed that the air conditioning was down. The electricity was intermittent causing wifi issues and no phone. There were very few times during the first 3 days of our trip that we had the ability to reach out to anyone and that caused me to spend most of my time trying to use email and phone instead of relaxing.

The agent from cheap Caribbean that I spoke to AND both that I chatted with said the resort was fine, but it was miserable there. We couldn’t sleep, it was 90 degrees with high humidity and had no fix in sight. The humidity caused water to soak our floors. I fell twice and my wife fell once. We couldn't be moved from our room because every room was experiencing outages but we visited Secrets on our first full day there which is almost next door and they haven’t been affected at all. They had full power, AC was working and wifi was fine. We went there to see about buying a hotel package and received a resort credit.

We were extremely uncomfortable and unhappy, and feel like we wasted 1600 on our 10 year anniversary vacation. I attempted to call multiple times but we could not get through and the same with chat as soon as we arrived at the resort. I finally got through to a chat with an agent named Yeshpal and she told me to call. I explained that I cannot and she told me to email. I emailed multiple times but got an automated response. This was so unacceptable. I finally got through on the phone and was on hold with the agent while he looked for available resorts to switch to nearby. After 30 minutes I was disconnected. I called back and after a while on hold I received help from an agent who said we could switch to secrets or Dreams Tulum. We were told we had to pay the difference and pay for a cab to get there.

We could not stay one more sleepless night at the resort so we were forced to spend more money. So midway through our 10 year anniversary trip we switched resorts. A day after being at Dreams Tulum, I received an email from a Cheap Caribbean agent saying it looks like our issue was resolved. We are currently booking a family vacation for spring and we will definitely use an actual travel agent. We felt completely stranded using you guys. If there was a legitimate safety issue you guys would be nowhere to be found. Also, we have international calling on our phones with Verizon so that wasn’t an issue. The response that I got was “we are sorry.”

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Our flight was cancelled and Spirit refund us the cost of tickets, $581.98, but transferred to their credit card, since they had it in the file. I tried to transfer this refund from Cheap Caribbean to me, no luck. They do everything to keep your money. I sent 5 emails, and 2 calls with waiting time 60 min.

Resolution response: Aug. 26, 2021

My refund has been deposited. Very please with the quick response from the company.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Reservation # ** Based on these reviews, I'm not expecting my refund anytime soon. I had to cancel my trip due to testing positive for COVID-19. I was told 30-90 days. I don't understand why it takes that long for a refund. I want my money asap or I may seek legal advice as others have suggested.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

We had a trip to St Kitts Nevis in March of 2021 - everything with booking was OK. When we landed the chaos begun. They erroneously gave us a non existent flight home, which we had no idea, then ONE DAY before we are leaving they cancel the flight and book us on one that departs from A DIFFERENT ISLAND (they gave us a flight out of St Maarten when we were in St Kitts!!!). Cannot get ahold of anyone - absolute nightmare. Had to stay an extra night and absorb all the costs associated with their mistake.

The kicker, we had trip insurance which DENIED OUR CLAIM - so we were out around $500 plus aggravation. CheapCaribbean's solution??? Give us a $50 gift card towards trips with them in the future. NEVER AGAIN will I book through them. Customer service was terrible/mean, and good luck finding a valid number. The number pre printed on their emails is WRONG. Also, read through when buying trip insurance through TripMate/Nationwide - they often will not cover mistakes made by the carrier, etc.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

This is the second vacation package I have purchased. Neither package I received “what I paid for”. First vacation was November 2020, I excused the mess up seeing the pandemic was new and things could easily go wrong. Second was August 2021, my daughter’s 21st bday which was ruined by this company. We selected a resort in Santo Domingo In the Dominican Republic with ocean-front bungalows (an extra charge for the bungalows which I was glad to pay due to knee surgery. I can’t walk a great distance or steps I’m 2 months in recovery). The resort was overbooked, bungalows unavailable, I paid for them 2 months in advance! I was put on your 3rd floor no elevator!! I called Cheap Caribbean as soon as the mistake was discovered. (a 200.00 phone call and 2 hours on hold) I was told someone would have to call me back (no return call yet 08/17/2021).

All inclusive well that didn’t happen either. I read a review saying you could only eat at the restaurants 2 days during your stay. I had the Cheap Caribbean rep call the resort to see if the was accurate— they assured me this was not true information, we could make a reservation at all 7 restaurants each day of our stay— nope! 2 days! Period and only 2 restaurants were not booked. My daughter wanted seafood on her bday, she didn’t get it and was u able to get it our entire stay. They also promised us the resort would do something special for her bday. That didn’t happen either. The company has sold me rooms on both vacations that were not available upon arrival! So buyer beware!!!

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information