Doylestown, PA

1.1/5 (76 ratings)

About CheapCaribbean.com

CheapCaribbean.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I booked a vacation but, the flight was canceled and rescheduled due to a storm. I notified CheapCaribbean about the cancelation and the need for a new hotel booking. After several days of calling and being on hold for hours at a time and even hung up on, I rebooked using another booking agency. When CheapCaribbean called, I advised the representative how dissatisfied I was and asked that my case be escalated to a supervisor.

I received a call from a supervisor; my family and I were already in Mexico. I informed her that I rebooked using another service in fear of not having hotel accommodations. I asked as a resolution, Cheapcaribbean issued a full refund for the hotel. I was told, "not a problem but, since the funds were already paid directly to the hotel, they will have to contact the hotel to get the refund, after which they will call with confirmation of the reimbursement." I spent my entire trip on the phone being referred around between Cheapcaribbean, the hotel, and the airline. TO DATE, AFTER SEVERAL EMAILS AND LENGTHENED PHONE CALLS, CHEAPCARIBBEAN CLOSED MY CASE.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We booked a trip to Jamaica on Feb 10th 2020. Then covid happened and travel stopped. Cheap caribbean cancelled the trip and told us to try and rebook with a year. We couldn't bc of the continuing pandemic. We don't want to risk our health either. They refuse to give us a refund for a trip THEY cancelled. Spent an hour and a half trying to get a refund but they don't care. They broke our contract and kept our money. Thieves.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We booked a trip to Cancun in July, 2021 for travel from 12/24 - 12/31, 2021. My wife and I along with 1 daughter were traveling from New Orleans, my other daughter from Amarillo, TX. Day of travel, Spirit airlines canceled our flight 15 minutes prior to departure and offered to reimburse both Cheap Caribbean for the flight and us for the upgrade we paid for separately.

The Spirit reimbursement hit our CC account on 12/26, but are yet to be reimbursed by Cheap Caribbean. I have called and emailed numerous times with absolutely no response. They owe us over $2400. The only woman who I was able to speak with was from Apple Vacation who told me that it could take 90 days to hear back, totally unacceptable.

On top of that, due to the flight change we had to take a later flight so my Amarillo daughter arrived 8 hours before us. When she got to the hotel she could not check in because Cheap Caribbean did not include her name on her room. While on layover in Houston we contact Cheap Caribbean who said they would contact the hotel to fix the situation. Once we landed in Cancun we found out that Cheap Caribbean gave the hotel the wrong name for my daughter, so she still could not check in. She was stuck in the lobby of an all-inclusive resort for over 8 hours, could not get in her room and could not get anything to eat. This company is totally unreliable, has questionable ethics, and inept. I will never use them again and will make sure to let everyone that I can that, at this point, they have stolen my money and will not refund it.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I have had nothing put problems and frustration trying to use my air credit with Delta through Cheap Caribbean. I have made 4 phone calls, spoken to four different reservationists, promised a call back and been forwarded to another department that never answers. I have $725 in air credit, I would gladly take the money or have access to my credit through Delta, but I am told that is impossible- apparently so is using it for another CC vacation! Never. Again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Do not book with this site, they will not refund you in case of emergency. I had to cancel due to covid and they couldn't care less. They said travel is fully operational. Choose a different site. The service is terrible.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Before I begin, let me tell that I am a long time customer of CheapCaribbean.com and booked 5-6 trips through them. Their service used be good, until recently, when they were used to resolve the issues over phone. Now for everything they are directing to emails, which is not only very slow, but highly inefficient method of communication. So here is my story. I booked the family trip to Cancun, for 4, from Dec-20th to Dec-25th. Made the booking in Nov-first week, and within 2 days requested them to add additional room. This is what was promised.

1. Upgrade to Sea View (subject to availability).
    2. Addition of second room at an addition cost of $108 (total), subject to availability.
    3. Late check-out on departure date (subject to availability).

4. Have a safe flight back home.

And this is what I have received.

1. When I reached in the resort, the hotel didn’t had any information about our reservation. I had to wait for 2 hrs before they gave me a room.

2. They didn’t upgrade the to ocean view free, even when they had the rooms available.. but I was promised to get free upgrade. When requested at the front desk, they asked for additional money to upgrade the room.

3. When asked for second room, they confirmed that they have enough rooms available, but they can't give it at $108. They tried to sell the room for $880. Tried to call and email CheapCaribbean.com' during travel department. They simply refused to honor their original quote of $108.

4. The late-checkout wasn't free. The checkout time was 12pm, and I returned the keys at 2:30pm. They charged me USD$30 ($10/hr). Again this is not what CheapCaribbean.com promised (in writing).

5. And finally the safe flight home.. We checked out the hotel on time. Reached the airport at 4:20pm, when the flight was scheduled at 7pm. To our surprise the United had our flight booked for Dec-26th instead of Dec-25th. I tried to show them the email confirmation showing our flight details, but they confirmed that the booking wasn't changed at UA end. It was goof up made by CheapCaribbean.com again. They messed up my booking. We were completely stranded on the airport. It was the day when around 1700 flights were cancelled due to Covid fear. Thanks to the United Crew, they were finally able to accommodate us on the same day flight, after hassling for an hour or so.

I am still following up with CheapCaribbean.com post travel department and asking for compensation. Don't have much hopes on it though.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I booked a family vacation for 11 people June 2021 for January 2022. This was no small feat to get all my family schedules to line up. We live In Rapid City SD. They gladly took our money and our flights keeps getting changed. Now canceled this AM. Only option drive to Denver 6 hours in snow packed roads, pay for gas for 4 vehicles, rent 4 hotel rooms to flight out of Denver losing a additional two days vacation. Original date was Jan 1st. Now Jan 3rd and additional expenses and driving round trip 12 hours. I could have booked those on my own and saved thousands. CheapCaribbean.com does not answer phone on weekends and weekdays waiting 60 minutes plus. Do not door with this company

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Finally was able to rebook my trip due to COVID-19 after speaking with 3 different representatives. After paying what I was told by one representative was the remaining balance, I received notification today stating I owed $700 more because all of my credits were not able to be applied? My credits don’t expire until 2022 so how is that valid?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

We booked for our honeymoon in September 2020. We then had to reschedule due to Covid. We reschedule for September 2021. My husband caught Covid. I tried rescheduling. So they went and requested a refund from American Airlines saying we lost it because we rescheduled. I would never book with them again. A little of people been having problems with them. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I booked a trip through this company back in February and have been paying monthly through their finance option with Uplift. We had to cancel our trip due to covid travel restrictions, and they refuse to give any refund at all, even though Delta and the hotel themselves offer refunds. Not only that, but they are refusing to cancel the financing I had signed up for, so I have to continue paying $180/ month for an additional 15 months for a trip we canceled. They emailed me a $1900 credit for a trip totaling $4400, when I do not even want a credit. I just want to cancel the loan since the trip was cancelled but they refuse. My bank expressed this is outright wrong and I have to dispute every single charge for the next 15 months. This is total theft and so wrong on every level. I'm paying for a trip for the next year and a half that I never went on so they can pocket my money. SCAM!

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information