Doylestown, PA

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Dec. 4 2016 - Beware of using cheapCaribbean. Was under the impression that CheapCaribbean would get me a good price without compromising quality, boy was I wrong! The representative on the phone told me it was a really nice property. I think CheapCaribbean lives up to its name because you get exactly what you pay for. The internet did not work. Could not check in at home with family. The food was either excessively salty or had no flavor. None of the Ingredients was looking step only the name of the food. Old Box TV with fuzzy picture. No movie channels. Bedding was old, worn thin and in need of replacement. Room had a musty smell. Paint chips falling on the exterior and in to plants beds. Pipes exposed behind a flapping door. Old fashioned key to open room door got stuck and sometimes took 5 minutes to get in to room.

Told management and nothing was done. Toilet was patched on exterior. Was given two small bars of round soap for 5 days. The entertainment was the quality of amateurs in a high school play. Poor costumes and lip syncing music while playing fake instruments. Each night performing was the same staff. Not an enjoyable trip.

This is the second time that my husband and I have had a vacation using CheapCaribbean.com. The resorts in both cases were great. The prices were VERY low. The resorts were all inclusive. We will use this agency again when we wish to go to any Caribbean destination.

We booked a Cancun, Mexico package through CheapCaribbean and they insisted that we also prebuy transportation with Amstar from and to the airport - it turned out to be a scam! DO NOT BOOK YOUR TRANSPORTATION WITH AMSTAR - they will ** you if you don't attend their timeshare like they did to us. We booked ours through CheapCaribbean (another mistake) and they charged us $74 for shared airport transfer (individual cabs take a maximum of $25 each way and SuperShuttle is even cheaper) but we bought it anyway since we thought doing it all together will be better (we were so wrong!); They require you to 'report' thrice at their counter before the pickup (day 1, day of pickup minus one and on the day of pickup); the first two times are done to ensure they have time with us to bore us with their timeshare holiday.

On day 1 when I reported at the counter, the guy at the counter (Ismail) was rude when, after listening to him push his sales pitch to me for 20 minutes, I said "Please do not push these, I am not interested. I only want my pickup and drop for which I have pre-paid." I couldn't believe it when he retorted "You don't care for your family? You are taking tours which will waste your and your family's time but not ours?" "Some people just don't get it; I have such a good deal and he doesn't want to listen." I just stood up and left. He got back at me by making sure we missed our return drop!! When we reached for the pickup at 10:55 am (the scheduled pickup time for our 2:01pm flight), he handed us a note saying "We waited for you till 11:05am but since we did not find you, we had to leave!!"

Aghast, I pointed out to him that it was still only about 11 so it is impossible for the car to have waited till 11:05 and left; he said he will try to arrange another car and kept saying we were late in the face of evidence in his face to the contrary! Then he was on the phone for 20 minutes supposedly "trying" to get me an alternate which he finally said he could do at 12:55pm; since this was obviously very late, I had to spend another $25 on a taxi after paying these scamsters $74!! Then he tells me "I am trying to help you and you are walking away!"

I've taken three trips through CheapCaribbean (Jamaica 2009, Costa Rica 2015, and Cancun 2016) and I have not had any problems whatsoever! I never had to call customer service because I booked everything on their website and like I said never had any problems. Rooms were all nice. Everything was great and CheapCaribbean made it cheaper and easy! The only reason I'm writing this is because I googled CheapCaribbean to book my next trip and saw all the negative reviews, I am shocked! Don't be discouraged, they are great.

Because of Hurricane Matthew the hotel we stayed at wouldn't let anyone swim at the beach any of the days that we were there. I called CheapCaribbean and they told me that the hurricane didn't affect Puerto Plata but I had a letter from the hotel asking us to take in balcony furniture because the hurricane was going to hit us. I emailed letter to CheapCaribbean and then they wanted to give us $100 of future vacation. We had 2 people and for all 5 days we couldn't swim. That's $10 a day per person. The trip was over $1000. I know that they don't control the weather but we should be taken care of. They can keep the $100 coz I'll never use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

So before booking through CheapCaribbean.com, my husband and I were extremely reluctant after reading countless bad reviews. The savings were significant enough for us to make the decision to go for it, despite the fear instilled from what we read. First booking, AMAZING. Not a single thing went wrong, and the customer service was top notch. The resort was incredible and was featured as the deal of the day, so what should have been a 2400 dollar PP resort (flights included), ending up costing us 1700 PP. After having such a great experience, we decided to go for it again! Our second vacation surpassed the first. Extremely great deal, wonderful customer service, and a drama free booking. We figured at this point, maybe we should think twice before booking for the third time. After all the terrible reviews, something bad is bound to happen right!? WRONG!

We initially booked a trip to the Bahamas and unfortunately were unable to fly there due to a major hurricane. First problem we ever encountered with a vacation booking, but a natural disaster nonetheless. Well the destination change was easy as pie, and the customer service we received while doing so was nothing short of wonderful. They were able to waive our resort fees and Orian, the travel agent we dealt with, looked into several resorts for us to find the best deal. We will remain loyal to CheapCaribbean.com for all of our future travel booking! Maybe after the bad reviews they received, they decided to up their game. They certainly exceeded our expectations!

I and my partner have waited 10+ years waiting for a vacation. We get together Credit cards to buy our "dream" vacation. We arrive sept 21, thursday. After a very long trip from airport to hotel, we are received directly with SUN CLUB PROMOTION. We are exhausted but don't want to be rude. After 2 hrs of listening to a sales pitch we are finally cut loose with a arrangement of the following morning: BRIEFLY get into the presentation. We were happy with the hotel.

The following morning we are awaken with the call to our room. I said "we only want peace for our hard earned vacation. No calls please, no sales pitch." We proceed to breakfast and then beach!! On our stay in the beach we were asked if we were with the group of buses?? We didn't know what they meant, UNTIL WE GOT BACK TO THE HOTEL!!! It was lunch time and it looked like the entire town of Puerto Plata had taken over the hotel. No room in the pool. Overpowered staff with attitude, no courtesy in the buffet room, no space in the "Gaucho" restaurant, no Rum left in the bars come Friday night.

Well needless to say it was a HORRIBLE experience. No room in the pool!! No quality food service!! No domestic alcohol!! And a very annoying salesman who wouldn't give up until we went to the presentation for sun club... which was not a fast 90 mins. More like 2.5 hours!!! And from the beginning we said "we can't travel enough to be interested." What waste of our money and time. I want my money back!! Since I can't get my time back!!

We booked our trip at night and it was for $919.72 all inclusive, including airfare. We get a phone call this afternoon asking for another $240.00 or they would cancel our trip (Jeff from Cheap Caribbean). I said "No correct the problem on your end or give us another trip for the same price." I said "We are not canceling nor giving you any more money. We already paid in full." They refused and ended up canceling our trip. Not even an apology or tried to correct the problem. They are SCAM ARTISTS. DO NOT USE THEM.

I book a trip to Cancun with your company Cheap Caribbean (CC) in July 2016 to travel in December 2016. The agent was very enthusiastic to book and give all the information. She called on numerous occasions to get the sale and informed me that this would secure the low price. One month CC is advertising the same exact package for 60% cheaper. I asked if I could be compensated with a refund or upgrade my hotel. Many emails were sent to her, but to no avail. I really wish CC would provide some sort of compensation, as this trip we are celebrating my husband's 65th birthday, and I am now reading so many awful reviews. This is making me highly stressed... but I am still hoping for a good holiday in December 2016.

Me and my wife booked deep sea fishing excursion in Puerto Plata (lifestyle resort) 9-9-16 through Amstar DMC. They are part of CheapCaribbean owned by American company Apple Leisure Group. The boat sink about 12 miles off the shore. We got rescued 8 hrs later just 30 min before dark. Lot of mechanical issues from the beginning. Water was coming in 30 min after we left the marina and captain refused to come back to the shore. We didn't even know where to find life jackets. No one told us where they located on boat. People do not book any excursions in Dominican Republic. The companies like Amstar or CheapCaribbean, they only care about your money!!!

My complaint to www.cheapcaribbean.com and Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa. I just want to know why my review doesn't show on their website. I did have a very bad experience non secure hotel. I want to know why your advertising as family resort doesn't meet requirements as a family resort. It's totally insecure resort and totally old and smelly resort. As a preferred club member I didn't have any benefit except I change 3 rooms and still was not happy with room. Your beach view or beach front same. Nothing different. I have a couple of pictures want to add in my reviews so people can see what I gone through and what kind of room I got as a preferred club room or member. I am totally not happy. I been travel all my life but this one I have a very bad experience.

Your prices was high, your hotels are not 5 stars, your rooms are bad and very old condition, your family resort are not for family, it's for young people who get drunk and start biting me. I am 51 years old. Return home with lots of pain and bruises on my face, with broken nose and swollen face. People from room service or med service steal my 2 very expensive sunglasses. Lots of people complains me that they lost in room and no one ever got their items back. It's a 2 star motel not hotel. Smells everywhere in rooms, in pool area, in the beach or from white sand. There was shower in bathroom was sucks, mini bar was not working, they didn't change the liquors, or sodas .

My request took 3 days to change mini bar. Buffet was very bad and dirty. Only couple of restaurant was good. No refund for romantic dinner because start rain and hotel didn't have umbrella. They move us inside with other people and my romantic dinner change to non-romantic public dinner. This vacation was very bad vacation my entire life...

We booked Riu in Montego Bay for a 6 day/5 night vacation. The resort is rated at 4.5 (I don't know how because they seem to not have any bad reviews on CC) but it was at least 2 stars short. The facility is completely outdated. To put things in perspective, they had a 19" BOX TV in 2016 at the resort in our room. Not only that, they didn't even have real comforters, just double sheet covers. The toilet seat was broken. Rain flies were all live outside our bedroom door as it was supposed to be cleaned by the housekeeping but no one did it unless we asked them to. Not only that, they have a huge restaurant with a buffet but they kept the doors open knowing well that the rain flies would be all over the food. Every time we went to get something cold like fruit, butter, cheese, fresh juice, etc, there were rain flies all over the food. The pool had so many spots where the floor was cracked and their tile/flooring was peeling.

We arrived on Saturday and notified CheapCaribbean on Monday about this and they said they would look into where they can move us. They never called back but we had to reach out to them. Then they only used the same excuse every time saying that they are waiting for RIU management to reply to them to release us of the early departure fees. We spoke to the management and they had no such inquiry but were willing to let us go without any fees. Then CheapCaribbean never got back to us but rather kept emailing to us that they weren't able to get a hold of the management.

Also, they said if we wanted to move, we would have to pay additional money for the other resorts. Now we all know that in business, you have relationships. I can't imagine where they didn't have any relationships, with the resort we were trying to leave and the other resorts which would have provided better facilities and amenities. Having said that, they were no help and I am very disappointed with CheapCaribbean. Your loss CC... You have lost me and many other folks I will pass the word with.

I booked a "Deal of Fortune" through Cheap Caribbean. It said that I would get one of 4 different 4-Star Resorts in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Once I received notification of the resort I received I immediately contacted them. They have me what they considered a 4-Star Resort - but fell at least 1.5 Stars short. Even on their website the resort was getting less than 4-Stars and I brought that to their attention. They said that they rated it that way. However when calling them, you are directed to someone who works from home and sells you vacations. They said I had no recourse other than to pick another resort and pay an additional $800.

I called again and asked to be moved to one of the other resorts listed. They said they would waive the $100 cancellation fee and it would be $700 more. So I did some investigating and check out the other resorts listed under the "4" they had listed. They in fact were beautiful 4-Star resorts with lots more to offer. And they had openings... I was told they were sold out. They continued to lie to me over and over in two phone calls. I could not get a refund. There were numerous families that did the same deal and ended up at "Sunscape Splash." They were also extremely upset with CC... they tried to get moved also. Same thing... BIG BUCKS!!!

I booked a trip for my wife and I from Jersey to San Juan Puerto Rico (Level 2). Due to some medical issue we aren't able to travel. (Bought insurance) Something you can't control. Called to try and get a refund or change vacation destinations due to Zika. CheapCaribbean clearly doesn't care about the effects that this has on certain people. The CDC has strict warnings about this. Spoken with a manager that felt like I should be watching the news every day. I have done business with them in the past and I sure won't anymore. In my line of work I deal with travelers pretty often. I would recommended United Vacations to anyone looking for a great price and a deposit option. I am out almost $2000.00. I guess the name of the website says it all.

This company has been a nightmare from the beginning. Our trip went down almost 2 grand for a 4 person vacation. The company would not help me at all - it was less than one week after I booked the trip. I get a trip confirmation with my name spelled wrong by 1 letter. I am sure the person hit the key by error - added an e next to the r in my name. They assured me I spelled my name wrong but could correct my mistake for 175.00 for the change - said the airline charges them. I called the airline and after about 4 hours on the phone learned they do not charge the company for errors but nobody will change my name. I hope our July vacation is better than the booking experience. I would strongly avoid this company!

I booked with CheapCaribbean.com for the first time. The place they advertised online was advertised as a 4 star hotel. The food was terrible and besides being terrible my son got food poisoning. He is 8 years old. The drinks were limited. They had no variety in food. The beach wasn't that great either. Not as clean as you would expect. I tried to call cheap CheapCaribbean.com to tell them my son got food poisoning and their 4 star hotel was falsely advertised and they did nothing for me or anything to compensate for misleading me as a consumer. We paid for a vacation where we couldn't even eat the food. CheapCaribbean is obviously a terrible place to book. Don't do it!!!

I have used CheapCaribbean several times in the past, but this time with Ryan **, it appears that soon as I booked with him, that ENDED his job! I was unable to book an ocean view room at Now Jade - Cancun without an upcharge of $198 per person. That evening I found the exact vacation for $12.12 cheaper but it included the ocean view room (no upcharge). I have emailed Ryan a total of 3 times and left voicemails. Finally after 3 days, he returned an email stating he was out of the office yesterday and only confirmed the dob question I asked but ignored the cheaper price I found. After emailing again and no reply for the next day and a half, I emailed him again asking if it was CheapCaribbean's lack of customer service or if it was just HIS? I told him that I needed him to get in contact with me or I would write a review. NO REPLY so here is my review. VERY DISAPPOINTED - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER YOU BOOK WITH THEM!!!

We purchased a trip to Jamaica via CheapCaribbean.com as we have done this previously on at least 4 occasions. The purchase was made with United MileagePlus Explorer card since we were flying United and using this card we were supposed to get 2 free bags and triple miles for the flight. What CheapCaribbean.com did is they charged my card the full amount and then paid for the tickets with their own card without letting me know that they have substituted the card I gave them. I think that their practice is deceiving and when I called them to complain that I was charged $100 for bags, they dismissed my complain and stated that this is how they do business. From now on this cheating outfit will not get a penny of business from me and I will make sure that the word about their deceiving practices is spread throughout internet.

I have always used Cheap Caribbean in the past for all of my previous island vacations. However, this last time has been the worst experience of all time. The balance for my trip was due on 4/1/16 which I called to pay via telephone. After speaking to an inexperienced representative, she proceeded to tell me that my card was decline (Complete lie because I have tons of funds in the account). She then put me on hold and told me she would try again (This time she told me I exceeded my spending limit) for the day which was another lie because I have spent more than $1,700 in one day in the past). She then put me on hold again and told me the card went through with no issue. I then believed her and got my confirmation number. Later that night, I check my bank account and noticed she charged me almost $5,000.00. I called Cheap Caribbean and they were unsure of what could have happened and told me to call my bank.

I proceeded to call my bank and spent about 3 hours on calls between the bank and Cheap Caribbean because no one wanted to take responsibility on what happened. I called the bank first thing on Saturday morning because I wanted my problem escalated and because I could not wait until Monday morning. The bank was able to reverse all the charges except the balance which I owed. Everything was okay throughout the remainder of the weekend until Tuesday morning. I experienced the same issue again. My account was charged AGAIN for another $5,000.00. I have been in contact with Cheap Caribbean Corporate and my bank to get my funds once again. This has been the most unpleasant, unprofessional experience I have ever encountered. I had to close my bank account, to prevent this from happening again. Cheap Caribbean has now lost a good customer and I thought it would be a good idea to make others aware.

I don't normally review things like this but considering my situation I felt it was necessary. Me and my 5 friends booked a college spring break trip at a resort set up by the agency. We gave them all of our information (obviously) yet they placed us in a resort that needed a 25+ to check us in (none of us were). If one of the guys on the trip hadn't double checked the resort a week before we would've lost all of our money, CheapCaribbean neglected to tell us that. When we asked to be put in a different hotel they charged us an additional fee and had the audacity to tell US to find a different resort (Ridiculous. This is literally their job).

Then one of our friends in the group was denied to leave the country because of "passport damage". When he called CheapCaribbean not only did they take 2 weeks to get back to them but they said that they could refund him only if they double charged his roommate for the trip to make up for it. All in all this is a terrible travel agency and I would not recommend anyone to book with these Jabronis.

Me and my boyfriend booked a all inclusive stay for 6 days 5 nights to Jamaica beginning March 3 2016.... I have to say it was a very good experience. No problems from beginning to end! Customer service was always available when we needed to call and ask questions. The only thing I did not like is they don't tell you your flight and hotel information till a week in advance. It's kinda nerve-racking... especially if you need to make plans to get to the airport. The hotel was okay. But I didn't expect anything too fancy especially going through this website.... And the hotel has nothing to do with Cheap Caribbean in my opinion. That's a separate review. But overall I will be using this website again. I used this company despite all the bad reviews. You have to take a chance and it was a very good deal and I had a very good time.

I purchased a package (flight+hotel) trip via CheapCarribean.com for two for $1,622.32 to Bahamas for a departure at 6 am on 1/22/16 and a return on 1/25/16. We were notified that our flight was not available at 10:30 pm on 1/21 at which point we contacted the company to seek alternatives. The two options we were offered were: 1) Leave on 1/22, go to Chicago, find and pay out of pocket for a one night hotel there, leave for our destination in late evening of 1/23 and arrive there in the early morning of 1/24; 2) Leave late on 1/22 and use a different airline for an additional surcharge of $286.

Neither of these options worked for us due to the significant difference in price and changed travel schedule so we requested a refund. CheapCarribean.com has refused to issue a refund and has instead given us a voucher for the price of the trip that is to be used within one year and requires $200 per person ticket exchange fee. This credit is useless to us because we have one week of vacation for the remainder of the year which is already booked and not via the services of CheapCarribean.com so we cannot use it.

The additional $400 ($200 per person) is not something we think is fair or reasonable of the company to force us to pay for a trip that was cancelled for no fault of ours. Even if the two prior points were not the case, our experience with this company has been so negative up to this point that we are unwilling to ever use its services again.

CheapCarribean.com not only ruined our vacation but has failed to refund us for services it never delivered to us. The predatory and unfair business practices of CheapCarribean.com pry on unsuspecting customers. The fine print of rules and conditions behind which the company hides leaves little room for recourse on the consumer side and gives the company all the leverage to take advantage of the customer. The company should be investigated in depth by consumer protection agencies and banned from conducting business in its current state. In the meantime, consumer beware! You have no rights if you do business with CheapCarribean.com.

Cheap Caribbean has this hotel posted as a 3 & 1/2 Stars! I won't give it 1 Star!! Checking in was a nightmare! Rooms are disgusting, dirty and outdated!! The room smell like sewage! The beds are as if you are slapping literally on springs! The sheet are as stiff and hard as sand paper!!! The management don't care of your complaints. My husband and I had 7 days in hell!!! Cheap Caribbean has not return none of my calls. Cheap Caribbean has false advertisement!!! And don't try to reach anyone at Cheap Caribbean, they won't answer!!! Very disappointed!!!

DO NOT book the Deal of Fortune promotion from cheapcaribbean.com. The agents absolutely know where you will be staying the moment you book. They tell you it is randomly selected but it is not. It is either an AM Resort or it is the crappy of the 3-4 resort options given. It misleads the customer thinking they may get the better of the options but they don't. Everyone gets sent to the same property.

When you book a vacation and go through a travel agent you expect their integrity, trust, professionalism, and to help you when unexpected issues arise. I have personally used your CheapCaribbean on three other occasions. This last time, I used it and made it number four. I decided to try something new and different and fun this time. I selected the deal of fortune which consisted of five different resorts that were a 4 1/2 star category. The hotels that were listed for this deal were as follows: Barcelo Maya Palace deluxe, Azul, Iberostar, Dreams Puerto adventures and one of the Now resorts.

I explained to the travel agent that I have been to Mexico several times and that Riviera Maya was my favorite spot. I explained to her some of my favorite resorts were the El Dorado, El Dorado Royale, and the Barcelo Palace which was included, and a possible choice for this package. She knew the type of class I was used of and told me that any of the choices would meet my expectations. She did mention she could put in the notes that I would prefer the Barcelo but that she couldn't guarantee it. I was still ok with that because all the other resorts should be classified the same category for a 4 1/2 star and same class category. The travel agent also offered insurance and told me with this upgraded insurance that I could cancel for any reason and get all my money back, also including emergency protection on the trip.

When we finally got to the resort, after a two hour delay on the runway, I was quite excited and looking forward to my welcome drink. We drove up to the lobby that was not air-conditioned, that was outside, and was rushed into the check-in process. Nothing was explained about the resort or activities and I had to ask where my welcome drink was. The first impression of the resort was not a good one. It definitely did not fall into a 4 1/2 star class category. After getting to our room, it was nice, but a mildew sour odor was coming from somewhere and we couldn't figure it out. (It was the phone)

I did not want to judge on my first impression so we decided to walk the resort and see what else was there to my surprise nothing. The beach was full of rocks and seaweed. There was one little roped off section of beach that you could swim. The beach was so overcrowded with people they didn't even have chairs available. I knew this was a family resort but this was October and off-season when normally children would be in school. The entire resort was nothing but kids (90%). The resort was over capacitated for its size. There were two small pools, one for just adults and one family. After research, this resort was 35 years old. (so you compare 35 years to a under 10 year resort) having only one indoor restaurant, only one indoor bar, and the air conditioner was broken. After speaking with the staff, it has been broken for a while.

We could not get into the only breakfast location because it was overpacked. We had to go to the Mexican restaurant that was open but that didn't have breakfast food. They didn't even have bacon for breakfast. The one section to be able to step down and snorkel looked like an empty dried up seaweed pit full of trash. Umbrellas were in bad condition and warped. Used diapers were by the pool. There is no way this resort can be compared to the other four resorts that were listed in this deal.

When I mentioned the choices to some of the staff they laughed and said no we're definitely no Barcelo. Also the resort right next to this one, the Catalina, is a three star resort and was nicer than this one! I was so upset of what I was seeing and what supposedly I had paid for and told I was supposed to receive, I was distraught and in tears. There were no activities for adults. The resort consisted of 90% families and 10% couples. The resort was so cluttered and so small, by no means 4 1/2 stars.

I went immediately to the front desk to my CheapCaribbean representative to get someone on the phone. All I got was the runaround. This hotel was in the package and was told basically tough luck. I was screwed. In order for them to move me they wanted me to pay penalties and extra upgrade fees. Why should I pay for an upgrade fee to go to another hotel that was in the same category list? I said fine, fly me home. I was sending emails back-and-forth of our experience and what was going on at this resort. I was upset in how we were misled by the travel agent and your company. In order to fly home, it was going to cost us more money, so we decided to talk to the manager of the hotel directly.

The hotel manager, Engred, realized how distraught and unhappy we were. To make a long story short, Sunday, the manager told us she would check the reservations to see what other sister resort they had that they could move us to at no cost as a courtesy. At this time it was good news because I was on medication due to nerves. On Monday we were moved to Dreams Tulum that was a much larger resort and a accurate classification of a 4 1/2 star resort. We did have to pay for a taxi to bring us to the other resort. When we drove up it was much nicer and comparable to the other resorts I had been to and comparable to the other resorts that should have been originally in the list. This resort was definitely a 4 1/2 stars.

When we got there, reservation offered us a room upgrade for an extra $50 a night. I explained to her that I would like to see the two rooms first. With the room upgrade it would include a swim out, free spa entry, and something else I can't recall. The receptionist also knew the issues we had at the other resort and she said the room upgrade would also be free of children and quiet. When I got to the room with the swim out I called the front desk and asked if the swim out connected to the pool. I was told yes. (I'm sure that was just a miscommunication) I asked if she would be willing to do the upgrade for $25 a night instead of $50. She checked with the supervisor and said they weren't able to do that so I told her that was fine that we would stay in the original room.

As we were waiting for our luggage, we realized how hot the room was, but just figured it would take a little while to cool down. The receptionist called us back and said that the supervisor was willing to do it for $35 a night so I accepted it. I was told I would have to come down to the front desk and make the payment first and then they would switch me to the room. When I got down there to pay for the room upgrade all the other amenities were taken away, we were only paying for the room itself, and we couldn't get anything else that was mentioned earlier. I was about to decline because I thought that was a bait and switch, but decided to go ahead and do it anyway, because I thought it was cool to have a swim out that would lead to the pool area.

I also mentioned to the front desk that the room we were originally in, that I thought something was wrong with the air-conditioner because it was very hot in there and was blowing, but it wasn't cool. She thanked me for letting her know and that she would check in on it. When we got to the upgraded room we changed into our swimsuits immediately and to our disappointment the swim out just went around in a square. It was also full of children's toys and kids clothes lying all around this supposed adult only location. I called back to the front desk and told her that's not what we thought we were getting to just put us back in the original room.

When we got back to the room it was still hot and called front desk again and maintenance came. (Obviously they never went to check it when I mentioned it to her at noon when we arrived) Maintenance said that the thermostat was just set wrong. We got dressed and decided to go to the pool. Stayed at the pool for a few hours and decided to come in and get dressed and go to dinner and see what was available at the rest of the resort. The room was still hot so we called the front desk again to have maintenance come look at it while we were at dinner. We decided to have dinner at the French restaurant. Both my husband and I had identical meals, except for the entree and the appetizer, which consisted of fish and seafood which he had a bite of each.

When we got back to the room it was still hot. When we called the front desk (this is the 4th time now) they said they would move us to another room. When we got to the second room it smelled like sewer. The bellhop was still there so he called immediately to switch rooms again. Finally we got to a room that had an air-conditioner that works. But guess what, hot water doesn't work in this one and the water from the tub that comes out is low-pressure. How is that for a spa tub? Hot water didn't work in the shower either barely warm. At this point we were exhausted and decided to deal with it in the morning.

We proceeded to get ready for bed. It was a long day due to all the issues we had dealt with, and I was ready to just have a good time. I was looking forward to venturing out in this resort and seeing everything it had to offer. There were a few misadventures when we first arrived, but they were willing to make it better. Not sure where all the miscommunication was or if maintenance really knew what they were doing.

Almost immediately getting settled into the new room my husband had severe diarrhea. I gave him some Pepto and he started feeling a little better. Whatever it was he was able to get out pretty quickly. That is always an immediate sign of something bad that was eaten. To my surprise two hours later I began to have the same issue, only mine was worse. I was up all night vomiting and diarrhea. I had to get my husband to call the Front desk and ask if there was a doctor available. I was told she was an hour away, but she would be coming. When the doctor got there I was severely dehydrated and she recommended being transported by ambulance to a hospital to get fluids through an IV. She asked me to get my insurance in order. I explained to her that I purchased an extra travel insurance that covered this medical emergency. I pulled up my booking Email through CheapCaribbean that listed the On-call Insurance.

For almost 2 hours we called the numbers listed but could not get through (in the meantime the doctor gave me a shot to stop the diarrhea nausea and some antibiotics). We finally called CheapCaribbean and someone gave us another direct number. We were told that we had to pay upfront and that we would be reimbursed. They sent documents immediately on our email to submit a claim. We showed this to the resort doctor. She told us the closest hospital was 30 miles away in Playa del Carmen. The ambulance came to get me. (As all this was going on there were two maintenance guys that came in to try to fix the tub, my husband also got to talk to one of the maintenance guys because my husband is a builder and one of the maintenance guys told him they didn't get a chance to do the required maintenance that was necessary during their off-season which is why they were having a lot of trouble).

On the ride there the EMT could not even get an IV in my arm nor did the blood pressure machine work. When we got to the hospital the EMT made my husband go into deal with payment arrangements. But first the ambulance wanted $1,700. We confirmed with him $1,700 American dollars or pesos and he said American dollars. We explained to him we didn't have that type of money but we had this insurance that would cover it and all he needed to do was call and make a claim.

My husband went in the hospital with the insurance emailed paperwork, and the number for the hospital to call directly, and they said that they never could get through to anyone to confirm insurance. Meanwhile, I am in this ambulance with severe cramps and dehydration. The hospital refused to see me without upfront payment, my husband is arguing on the phone with a representative from the ambulance company that does not understand the situation. The ambulance would not take me back to the resort and almost wouldn't let me out of the ambulance and tried to keep my passport. We told them they would get paid but that the bill would have to be submitted to the insurance company, which we gave them all the information. My husband even told the insurance company on the phone before we left that this needed to be approved, that's why we were calling to get all this information before I was transported.

We had to take a taxi back to the resort. I'm barely hanging on but my fear and anger has given me an adrenaline rush which made me come to life for a bit. We tried to call CheapCaribbean back several times. Do you know how hard it is to make a call from Mexico to the states!! When we finally got a hold of CheapCaribbean, we told them we needed the next flight out, but to our surprise, their computer system was down and couldn't help us. I had to call United directly and we were able to get a flight out the next morning at 8 o'clock. We had to leave the resort at 3:45 in the morning for a transport back; my husband went to check out the night before so there would be no issues. To our surprise there was a $600 upgrade fee from one hotel to another on our bill. My husband spoke to the manager of the resort to let him know all the issues that I had transpired since we arrived in Mexico on Saturday.

Tell me why one 4 1/2 star supposedly hotel would charge for an upgrade to another 4 and half star hotel, which tells me the original resort is not a four and a half star and they're considered a low-grade hotel by this new hotel that we were transferred to. The manager didn't realize all the issues and of course waived the fees. He then explained the issues with the doctor and the transportation of ambulance and not being seen. The manager of the resort explained that there was a hospital only 5 miles away; the doctor did this because she works at that hospital at Playa Del Carmen (in other words a money racket). Why would you transport someone 30 miles away when there's a hospital 5 miles away, being in the condition I was in?

Not sure how I'm going to handle this going forward but someone is responsible for all these mishaps and what I dealt with and the refusal of help from CheapCaribbean. But now after everything that has transpired and the severity of the situation, I'm all of a sudden getting emails from the insurance company and CheapCaribbean. Sorry guys it's too late, but you should've helped me day one as a unsatisfied customer, especially being a frequent customer.

Cheap Caribbean is great during the booking process. Just don't expect good customer service or any support if anything goes wrong. Everything was fine for the most part until it came time to leave the resort. However, since our daughter had to have a separate flight, they did seem to stay confused about our transport back to the airport. We were able to straighten that out though. My husband went to them the day before we were to leave like we had been told to do. The girl wrote it down for our daughter to be at the lobby at 9:20. She said absolutely no later than 9:30. The bus leaves at 9:30. We get up there at 9:25. The bell hop takes her luggage to tag it. We look up and the bus is pulling away. There was supposed to be someone wearing the CC blue shirt in the lobby area checking off names. There wasn't. No one told us that was her bus. For all we knew that was an excursion bus.

After about 10 minutes and it wasn't there, we got concerned so my husband went to the CC desk to inquire about the bus. Sure enough, that was the bus she was suppose to be on. That's where customer service ended. We were both standing there talking about the driver leaving a few minutes early and she turned and walked off. We thought she was going back to her desk to try to work something out. After a few minutes she had not returned so my husband again went to her desk. She was sitting there helping someone else. My husband asked her about it and she said "I'm busy helping other people". He said "you were helping us"! She told him the bus left by 9:30, she will have to take a cab which will cost $70. Simple as that, no effort to help. She then proceeded to start lying. She said "I told you she needed to be here by 9:15." He walked over to where my daughter was and got the paper she had given him.

By this time I was at her desk. He came back, showed her the paper, and said "Is this your writing? it says 9:20 not 9:15! You are lying! On top of that, you said no later than 9:30, because that is when the bus will leave." She at first acted like she didn't know what he was talking about. Through the whole thing she kept repeating the driver left by 9:30. I finally said "You keep saying by 9:30. Leaving at 9:25 is leaving by 9:30, but it isn't leaving at 9:30!" There was a 10:15 bus which we asked for them to put her on that. She said we would have to get permission from the manager, because that bus has to stop at another hotel for more pick ups, so there is a chance she won't make it to the airport on time. "Okay, where is the manager?" "He's over there," and she pointed to the check out area. We go over there and there is no manager.

One of the hotel managers went to talk to her. Luckily my husband walked over there as well just in time to hear her lie to him also. She said "I told their daughter yesterday to be up here by 9:15." My husband said, "She was gone yesterday. She never even talked to you". The lies just kept racking up. Of course, CC doesn't work for the hotel so there really wasn't anything he could make her do. We proceeded to talk to her again about the 10:15 bus. Finally, she said again, "I'll have to talk to my manager." My husband asked where he was. "He's at the office." "Oh really, according to what you told us earlier, he should be right over there!" So, she "calls" her manager. Yeah, right! Yes she can get on the 10:15 bus but CC will not be held responsible if she doesn't make it on time for her flight. Well, guess what! That bus did not leave until 10:30. Now, my husband and I were scheduled to leave at 11:45.

Want to take a guess as to what time our bus finally left? It left at 12:00. So why her bus driver was in such a hurry that he left a few minutes early, we will never know. They schedule your buses to where you get to the airport 2 and 1/2 - 3 hours early. Our flight was at 3. We left at noon, rode 40 minutes, checked in, went through immigration, and were finished eating lunch by 1:15. Now I know there are times it can be much busier, but needless to say, our daughter got to the airport in plenty of time. Oh and guess what. Her bus did not stop at another hotel to pick more people up. Surprise surprise! Another lie out of her mouth. We didn't believe her even when she said it. The worse part of the whole thing was the fact she kept coming up with one lie after another.

The only reason we booked through CC was because they provided transportation to the resort and back to the airport. That saved us a couple hundred dollars. If not for that, there would not have been a penny difference in the cost through them and going directly through the hotel and airlines ourselves. I don't know that we will ever use CC again. They cannot be trusted.1

When we got to the resort, we asked the lady if calls back to the US was free and she said yes. So we double-checked by calling the operator at the resort and she said yes as well. We both called our parents to let them know we made it safe with only using less than 16 minutes per call. Within an hour the lady at the front desk called and said we owed 200 bucks. So we went down there and explained the situation. So for three days we went back and forth to the front to get it solved, only to be told by the boss that if he spoke with me, it would be unprofessional. We contacted CheapCaribbean about the situation and they told us that they couldn't help. I am very unsatisfied with how they helped us handle a situation.

The company did not clearly state modification and cancellation policies when I purchased a vacation package from them. When I complained to the Better Business Bureau they started calling me and emailing me in a harassing and intimidating manner asking me if I want to cancel my vacation or not.

Be very wary of this company. CheapCaribbean.com provided us the worst vacation we have ever had. Our experience started when stranded in the Houston Airport with no more flights arriving in Cozumel. Being that we booked our vacation through CheapCaribbean.com, that is who we called. The only response we received from their customer service was "Figure out a way to get there because you will not be refunded for your resort." We did finally arrive at our destination very late and without any of our luggage for the entire stay (plus four days after returning home), but the shuttle service we purchased through CheapCarribbean.com (whom they re-routed for us) never showed to pick us up. This company left us stranded in a foreign country with nothing.

As anyone would expect compensation from the vacation they purchased but never received, we contacted CheapCaribbean.com stating our case. That's when it became more apparent how corrupt this company actually is. We turned them into the BBB to see if they could help reach a resolution. CheapCaribbean.com went as far as to ask the resort we stayed at to write a letter that they were in communications with us daily, and that we indicated we were having a great time. Calling us Mr. and Mrs.; however, we are Mrs. and Mrs. Figure that one out! This company lies, and has the resorts in their collection lie on their behalf. It is a sick, twisted web they weave. DO NOT TRUST THEM, EVER!

A entire group of College Students booked a trip to Puerto Plata through Cheap Caribbean in May. We went for 7 days, we paid insurance in case something happened to us. On our return flight we had a stop over in New York. Once we landed we looked at the board to see that our connecting flight had been cancelled due to a rain storm. We had to get home so we had to rent a car and drive 4.5 hours.

We contacted Cheap Carribean and were told not to worry we would receive a complete refund for both the car and the flight. Today is September 14, 2015, 5 months later and I still have not received a refund after finally contacting Jet Blue yesterday. I was told by them that they refunded our money to Cheap Caribbean's credit card for all of us on June 4, 2015. Today I received a call from Melonie who said they were never notified of the credit and as far as the car rental, that has nothing to do with them! Also when I stated that the credit card I had used is no longer good she said well we will still credit that card with the money you will have to deal with the company. Are you serious!!!

Why can't they just give me a check for the amount that I am owed... They have been gaining interest on all of our money since June 4th and had no intentions of returning this money until I called. I asked Melonie to speak with a Manager, she said she was a Manager and then asked her to speak to someone higher and she tells me there is no one higher than her. That's a bunch of bull and she knows it. I will reach out to Corporate and let them know what transpired!!! Still no money back. This company is a RIPOFF. BEWARE!!! By the way one of the girls had bedbugs and was getting bit at the hotel we stayed at. Disgusting!!!

CheapCaribbean.com Company Profile