1.57/5
Based on 199 reviews that contain star ratings

Doylestown, PA

206 CheapCaribbean.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

Booked a trip with 7 people to Cancun. Unexpectedly fell pregnant prior a month prior to the trip. Doctor said that I cannot travel there due to the Zika virus and need to cancel my trip. They said no way. Tickets are nonrefundable and even with a medical letter you cannot get your money back. She even had the audacity to say how dangerous it would be if I went, but too bad because she can’t do anything about getting me a refund. I have never in my life had such a horrible experience booking with a company.

They are owned by Apple Vacations I believe so I wouldn’t even book with them anymore. All they want is your money. The airlines said if I would have purchased through them they would have gladly refunded my money, but since the travel agency holds the tickets there’s not much they can do. Do not use them please. There are better ways to book vacations. This company is a scam, and has the absolute worse customer support that I have ever encountered.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I booked my trip roughly about 2 weeks ago. It was my 5th time using Cheap Caribbean because I have had nothing but good things to say about them but while booking this vacation I ended up paying $2,100 for a 5 night stay at the Barcelo Maya Beach & Caribe for my Fiancee and I. Looking on the website today 3-28-19, I am able to book the same vacation, same stay with all the things I wanted prior for $1,400. What a big difference, this is complete ** and have never had this happen before.

I then decided to call in to Support and see if they can assist me and tell me why two weeks later it changed by that drastic amount and she said "Considering it's not within a 24 hour time span I am unable to do anything for you" I am absolutely enraged. This will be my LAST vacation with Cheap Caribbean as the price difference is that different and someone unable to do anything. I understand process and protocol but Jesus Christ. Help me out a little bit here. How frustrating. I will make sure everyone I know does not choose Cheap Caribbean as their vacation planning website. Complete BS.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

My sister and I booked separate reservations to the Bahamas through CheapCaribbean. Unfortunately after comparing itineraries we noticed we had booked different flights. The mix up did happen outside the cancellation period of 24 hours. I reached out to CheapCaribbean to change the 1st leg of our trip so that I can travel with the rest of my party. After explaining the mistake I was told that there is a $200 per person flight change fee plus a $50 rebooking fee. Since my wife and I are on the reservation that would total $500 to change (2) $119 tickets. I ended up changing my flight through JetBlue for a reasonable $75 flight change fee each totaling $150.

CheapCaribbean had the ability to charge a modest change flight fee but instead decided to try to price gouge an additional $350 over actual cost. I have used CheapCaribbean in the past without issue but due to their customer services attempt to collect way over the actual costs I will stick to booking through JetBlue Vacations from now on.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I purchased a vacation thru Cheap Carribean over the phone for my 9th year anniversary using my tax money. I was not told about any cancellation fees. When I tried to call back almost 6 weeks before our trip I was told that there was absolutely no refund and I would be given a credit of 1200 dollars. I then ask where is the other 1100 dollars. They told me it went to cancellation of airline tickets. I begged to get my money back. They would not give me anything. The lady was so rude on telephone and she didn't even offer me any other information.

I just lost 2300 dollars and no vacation for my anniversary. No one told me anything about any non refundable policy. I have since been trying to get my money back. I received an email from agent who initially took my info and booked my vacation. She said, "I'm sorry. I thought I went over non refundable policy with you." I would been ok with them taking some money for canceling but they took all my money and I'm really hurt behind it. I'm left with a credit that I will never even use... Do not use them. I should have went with my first mind and went on Carnival Boat Cruise like we do every year.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have been using CheapCaribbean for about 7 years now. I loved them in the beginning. But my recent trip to Bermuda has me thinking twice about using them in future. Upon arrival to the hotel, it doesn’t seem as though my requests and information was communicated to the hotel. I requested a non-ground floor room, they had me on the ground floor. My confirmation documents from CC stated that my gratuities were paid as part of my reservation, however the hotel knew nothing of this. Upon returning from my trip I attempted to contact CC via phone and email. The wait times are ridiculous- 104 minutes! I sent them an email and am still waiting on a response. I would not be recommending them in future. I also sent them an email in January about hotels in USVI, it’s two months later, still waiting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: March 5, 2019

I always have used Cheap Caribbean and have never had any issues. This last trip will be my last with the company. I booked a 6 day trip to the Dominican Republic and somehow their website defaulted my flight leaving a day early. Why would I pay for a night in a resort, but leave that day? Customer Service was a disaster. At this point, for me to change my flight to the next day, it was going to cost $850 (added onto the $2500 I’ve already paid). It was a website issue. It wasn’t a user error. Never again will I use this company. Costco travel is better anyway. :)

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

DO NOT USE CHEAP CARIBBEAN!!! I got a package which included vip access to clubhouse. Also vip amenities for diners at their special restaurants. I also thought I paid for my child to have a seat on the plane... All the above NOT THE CASE. NONE OF THESE WERE MET... I OVERPAID FOR THIS TRIP... I CALLED. ALSO EMAILED. NO HELP. No money to get back. No satisfaction. No nothing. Total lies.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have no personal experience to complain about. But I was within seconds of booking with CheapCaribbean and then decided to look for reviews of the Company online. Glad I did. The horror stories are awful. This Company should be put out of business. Based on the reviews I read, and none of them were good reviews at all, this Company has no good business tactics. The prices they offer online are good and so I understand that people would be anxious to use them, including me. I guess the saying that you get what you pay for is true.

I am so glad I did the due diligence. The posts were extremely helpful. I am staying away from them and telling others to do the same. Even though I did not actually use their services, there were so many that got burned. I have to comment on behalf of their experiences and bad vacations. Vacations should be stress-free, fun and relaxing. That's the whole purpose of them. People spend good money for them. Apparently, CheapCaribbean doesn't care about that. They should be stopped.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I have been using CheapCaribbean for long time, but this time is the worse. I have a booking number **. I'm a physician and I was sick in the hospital and I was advised not to travel. I sent my medical documents on December 29, 2018 to rescheduled my trip which will be on January 21, 2019. I spoke with the supervisor and he told me if American Airline accept this medical documentation they will credit the money for future use.

I spoke with American Airline and they said they CheapCaribbean made mistake and instead of booking me basic economy they book main cabin and main cabin can be canceled without any penalty. I made 3 way call with American Airline supervisor Mrs Liza and Booking agent Mrs Alexia from CheapCaribbean and Mrs Alexia wasn't helpful, she keeps saying we have to ask the front desk as, "This isn't our policy and we have to charge you a 200 $ fee for airline ticket," and the supervisor confirmed with her that there is no penalty and they already made mistake about the reservation instead of basic economy as the document CheapCaribbean sent me it is main cabin and can be cancelled but the agent Alexia from CheapCaribbean keeps denying and she hang out the phone couple of times.

I called CheapCaribbean again and spoked with Supervisor Mrs Divida on CheapCaribbean and she told me the same thing, "We can cancel your reservation but had to charge 200 $ as our policy." I told her American Airline confirmed they canceled everything without any penalty, she kept telling me, "We are not sure of that and this may take 21 days to know and confirm with them." So how can I wait 21 days and the reservation last day to cancel is January 17, 2019? I don't understand this kind of customer service and I want to file complaint and How you exposed me and I have heart problem to all this stress, if anything happened to me I'm going to sue CheapCaribbean. I hope anyone can help me. My Email **.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

This scam company cheated me out of the trip to Cancun! They promised and lied about just about everything! I had purchased insurance and my grandma died (she took care of me all my life) so I needed to push the trip for about two weeks!!!! I provided them with the doctor's notice my Granny does as well as purchase of insurance!! They denied and ended up costing me about $700 to change! I just didn’t go! They are the biggest criminals I’ve ever met!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I booked a trip for $10,000 and realized 2 mins later that my name was misspelled by one letter and was told that the prices have went up in 2 mins and that I would need to pay the difference in order to change my name.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My husband booked us a family trip to Jamaica (is and our 7 yr old daughter). Booking included round trip airfare, all inclusive hotel accommodations, etc and he also bought “enhanced” travel insurance which said you can cancel for any reason... We just found out from family and friends that Jamaica is a hotbed of crime especially including resorts. Just “Google it”. Horribly scary! No travel advisories or travel advisory links were placed on CheapCaribbean.com Website. They will not refund our money nor will insurance issue full refund! Beware!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We booked a trip through CheapCaribbean and ended up needing to change the dates. We paid the 100$ fee it costs to change the dates (even at the same resort and well in advance). We paid the fees to change the flight and we were done. We get the new information reservation numbers and flight info sent to us and we are good to go...or so we thought.

We fly to Mexico, get a ride all the way to our resort to find out CheapCaribbean never confirmed our change of date so they didn’t have a room. We spent 5 hours in Mexico without a place to stay or knowing if we would even have a place to stay. The guy we called to work on this was awesome and found us a room, which was our main focus being that after hours of flying and 5 just wandering we wanted a shower and food, and shortly later a bed. He suggested they would refund the 100 change of resort fee and we discussed the fact we would have to take a taxi elsewhere so they chipped in a little for that also.

So now that we are back stateside I called to see if they would be willing to compensate us for the changes we made prior to the issue they created and any compensation for the 5 hour wait time. She told me the best they could do was to review the tapes to see if I was promised anything else. I told her no, I wasn’t. I didn’t wanna bother the man who was helping find me a bed for the night since I was in a different country. So the new change fee and taxi fee was all we got resolved. What an awesome way to spend our first day on vacation. I DO NOT recommend that anyone use this company.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Joyce helped me with all of my questions about the trip and actually stayed at our resort! All the reviews I see complaints about are from people that did not get booking insurance or issues with the resorts themselves. If you do not get the insurance expect issues, the resorts all have reviews. If you are not using a travel agent read reviews on the resorts to determine where to stay. We have traveled many times. We used a travel agent in the beginning to ensure nice resorts. Now we know enough to choose our own resorts.

So far customer service has been one of the best I have dealt with, I was so happy Joyce did not rush me, took time to explain everything, never anything but kind. Best customer service experience I have ever had! Some of the reviews online really are bad but not due to the booking site, but everyone is blaming the booking site. A one palm tree resort is going to be just that. Do your due diligence and review your options or go through a travel agent!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I booked a vacation to travel to Cancun July 15th. I booked this trip mid-June. 2 days after booking the trip I realized my husband's passport is expired and we could not travel. Cheap Caribbean did not refund any of my trip therefore I was stuck paying almost $2,000 for a trip that I did not take. I did not stay in the hotel. I did not fly on the plane. I called to cancel. Apparently their policy sucks whether I take insurance on the trip or not. I shouldn't be charged for something I did not receive. Next time I should just read the reviews because they are all horrible on this site. Never again with this company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Let me start by saying my trip was wonderful however, my experience leading up to it was a nightmare. I decided that for my 30th birthday I’d begin to travel one a year or twice if I was able and I did just that! My first vacation ever had more tears than the day my kid was born. Myself and my best friend booked a trip to DR and we booked 6 months out and I booked with my maiden name not realizing it would be a huge deal. However it was once I got married a month before my trip not realizing the name change was going to be the deal breaker. I spent 3,000.00 only for us to miss an entire day and be so aggravated and miserable not to enjoy the 2nd day.

Cheap Caribbean only wants the money!!! The airline broke the news to me about the name issue. I called CC & the lady took 53 minutes to take my credit card payment meanwhile telling me over and over “you’re not going to make the flight!” and the airline employee telling me “yes you will if she takes payment and I can change it on my end.” There were minutes of unnecessary moments of silence. I kept asking her, "Was everything OK? Did the payment go through?" until it became too late and then she told me I had to pay $369 for a whole new ticket. I was so stressed out I told my friend just to go without me. Needless to say she missed the flight by two minutes so finally we got an airline clerk who knew what she was doing who wanted to help. She managed to change the name get us on the next flight out for zero dollars.

I tipped her $50.00 because I was so disgusted at the fact that you really have employees who don’t care that you’ve already spent a huge amount of money with them and will be a repetitive customer year after year!!! I WILL NEVER EVER book with them again IDC if I have to pay more somewhere else. I’ll pay for quality service. BASICALLY THIS PLACE WAS GOING TO CHARGE ME $400.00 w/ tax for something I had done for free no hassle and CC deliberately made me miss my flight to try to get more money out of me. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018
Hello. My name is Edward. Me and my wife visit the Dominican Republic this year in October. We stayed at a horrible resort, which had no reservations for us when we get there, no toilet, and the people there sexually harassed my wife. I made all kind of complaints. I ran up almost a $300 phone bill calling them about all our issues, and they only offered me $48 back. From a four-day trip, $48 from hell. I felt so disrespected and disappointed in CheapCaribbean. I booked with them before and went to Jamaica, had a great time. I booked with them again, only reason because my experience with them was great, but this time, they really let me and my wife down completely. I mean, it was so bad, it's unreal. Can you imagine, getting to a resort and you had no reservations, begging somebody to let you in a room, get to a room with no running toilet? No Wi-Fi, you can't even call anybody, get locked out the room. And this is all the same day. It's just was horrible, and they offered me $48 back. That's like an insult on top of injury. We had no type of vacation. We wanted to come back the very next day, we couldn't because we was advised we'll be out of pocket if we try to fly back. So, once again, CheapCaribbean don't care because I felt that they did not try to fight for our money back 'cause it's so many complaints that we put out every day we was there. We had no type of vacation, once again.
Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My friends and I booked through CheapCaribbean on January 14, 2018 to stay at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay in Negril Jamaica July 25th to August 1, 2018. Paying full price for a wonderful vacation, were we ever surprised. The place just didn't look like the Riu's we have been to before. We were even asked when checking in to pay $65.00 in cash only for each couple so we could be upgraded. When we got to the pool we saw that it was dirty with tiles missing and the concrete sides untouchable. After two days we asked one of the girls waiting on us at the lobby bar what was going on. She said she was sad because next Wednesday was her last day. We asked if she was losing her job and she said the hotel was shutting down Aug 1 for renovations. WHAT?

Restaurants were closed, sewage smell from construction that was already going on was terrible, amenities we paid for that were broken like the hot tub were not going to be fixed and the 24 hour snack bar was closed on Thursday. After talking to our representative from CheapCaribbean at the hotel she seemed as surprised as we that the hotel did not give us what we paid for and asked us to write down on a peice of paper, (not an official document) what we had experienced. She told us to leave it with one of the other agencies on Tuesday but no one was there. Since no one else was coming in to that hotel, why would they bother to come to work.

After calling Cheap Caribbean we were told that they had been notified by Riu on January 16, 2018 of the closing date. When asked why we were not told, it was because we had booked before they knew and if we had booked after they could have flagged our account and let us know. Hello, two days! Not acceptable. If we would have been told and we still came anyway it would have been on us. Since we were not told then it should be on CheapCaribbean and Riu to make it right. Any help we can get to resolve this fortunate vacation would be greatly appreciated. The ** and the **, celebrating 41 and 43 years of marriage!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We booked travel for nine women from four US destinations to Cancun, Mexico staying at a Dreams resort. Five members of our group booked through CheapCaribbean. Four members booked through BookIt (better deal and reviews). Upon arrival the Bookit guests had a reservation listed with the resort and the Cheap Caribbean guests had no reservation! To make matters worse the hotel was fully booked! The only solution provided by Cheap Caribbean was to move the 5 guests to another resort 30 minutes away, splitting our group.

We wasted an entire day looking at the beach through an 8th floor window in the Dreams Preferred Club until finally two rooms became available due to an emergency that required an early check out. Apparently Cheap Caribbean may offer my friends a little credit with their company ($50pp), but I will never book a trip with them again. I used them twice in the past with some minors issues (extremely long hold times when trying to talk to a representative, etc), but after they failed to secure my friend's reservations...in MEXICO...never again!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I booked a vacation for our honeymoon. I put my wife's name as my last name. The day after I realized we weren't going to be able to get the name change processed in time for the passport (it takes 8 weeks priority) so the next day I let them know to change the name of my passenger to her maiden name. They said they could cancel my existing reservation and process a new reservation with the same name as my wife's maiden name but the flights had gone up since yesterday and they would charge an additional $91 for the new reservation. I cancelled the entire reservation on principle and will book with someone else. This is ridiculous customer service and a dumb way to operate a business.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Originally the site was very helpful when booking my trip. My grandmother passed away two days prior to our trip. When I called, they moved my dates and shortened my trip to make the price stay the same, but said there would be an additional "hotel fee" of $648 for the Melia hotel in Nassau and stated this was a mandatory fee that was charged by the hotel. I have contacted Melia and they have confirmed that no fee was assessed by them and that only the original amount of my hotel stay was paid to them. I have disputed this with my credit card company and have been denied the request due to Cheap Caribbean stating that this "hotel fee" was paid to Melia and not refundable.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The reservations and excursions were wrong. The names and how many were going. When you call Cheap, the agent would never correct it themselves. There is another department that does that. It would take 2-6 days for them to process the correction. Almost every day there was a hassle with something that I had to correct, while on vacation!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I used CheapCaribbean to book a trip to Mexico. Sorting through resorts and packages was easy and so was booking. So easy it felt as if I was missing some aspect of it, but I wasn't. I had a lot of questions afterwards about the trip because I am a bit neurotic. All were answered quickly and thoroughly. A negative occurrence would be the excursion away from the hotel booked through CheapCaribbean was not actually close to the hotel therefore the promised transportation was not provided. The concierge said this is typical. I contacted CheapCaribbean and they were apologetic and refunded the excursion. I would use them again.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Booked a resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. When we arrived, we experienced several issues with an unusable beach, no running water in our room and service problems. Hotel did nothing but alerted us that there is a Cheap Caribbean representative there every day. We met with him and he was nice but really did nothing to mediate for us with the hotel. His only purpose is to sell us excursions. After 3 days of no running water, they told me they would get me another resort. They then flipped representatives and had to start my whole complaint over because they keep no records. New representative tells me they really can't mediate any issues with the resort and they can't book another facility.

I showed him the texts from other guy who said he would and was told they could not do anything about it. During my stay I learned that the beach has not been usable for months and the water supply issue has been a problem for as long as some of the staff had worked there. They can't often change rooms because most have issues. I told Cheap Caribbean that they should not be booking a place like this. Their posting guarantees updated photos and information. Was told we have to do our due diligence as well although he admitted the problems have been at this resort for a long time. Cheap Caribbean is just a discount seller. Do not expect any service from them and do not trust their information. There are many robot reviews that make the bad reviews look small.

Original review: May 30, 2018

What does 7 grand get you? Booked an all-inclusive family trip to Punta Cana. We didn’t have too many specific requests, but one request was not to fly through JFK if possible because my autistic son will be overstimulated and likely having a meltdown there. We were told JFK was the only option, and hesitantly agreed, hoping we could prep our son for possibly being overstimulated at the airport and processing a social story with him ahead of time. Our trip is coming up next week, and I decided to contact the airline directly and ask about other flight options. It turns out, there is a flight that day which would not require going through the airport my son is so afraid to visit. An added bonus is that the flight leaves sooner and wouldn’t cause our entire first and last days of vacation to be consumed by travel as it is currently (so we really get 5 days of vacation for the price of 7).

The airline agreed to change our flights at no extra cost and told us it would be a simple process by having Cheap Caribbean staff contact them. We contacted Cheap Caribbean - 2 days later and after escalating through several levels of staff we are told the final answer is no, despite our son’s disability. Won’t use Cheap Caribbean again, for many reasons but mostly because they are not ADA compliant. Will be looking to file a complaint based on the ADA and their lack of willingness to accommodate our son when other options did in fact exist. I have a feeling I should have waited to write this review, as this is probably only the beginning of our disappointments.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We stayed in Mexico at what was listed on CheapCarribean as a 4.5 star resort. Paid for the most expensive room with a huge deck and a large pool on the balcony... that’s what we paid for. We got a small room with a jacuzzi tub. One that had feces and blood spots on the sheets. No air conditioning, and no hot water. Called the company from Mexico and talked to someone. They never called me back. The roof in one area was leaking and I slid and hurt my hip. I am 44 and in good shape. Not feeble for sure.

Anyway, upon return they did absolutely nothing. Blamed it on the resort. I got the pics and description off of Cheap’s website. Was subject to terrible conditions, timeshare bs and more. Worst group of people ever. Looking into a class action suit. They need to be shut down. I posted on social media about my experience and someone from their staff responded by telling me I should have booked VIP and that never would have happened. What kind of slack suck place are they trying to run. I booked the VIP sans Kahn and half of that was closed also! Any other VIP was never offered and I purchased THE MOST EXPENSIVE room at the resort. No one no matter how much or how little should be subject to that! What a crappy company too.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have been using CheapCarribean for years and they never disappoint. I was reading some of the reviews and not sure what these folks are talking about. You get what you paid for just as described and if you call them they will help you find different flights that are not even listed on their site.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Buyer beware. Don't book the deal of fortune??? They don't tell you what resort you're staying at until 3 days prior not 7 and by then it is too late to back out even with the extra cancellation insurance. Expect a loss. There is a two night penalty. The "5 star" resort (Breathless resort and spas) they gave us had nothing but scathing reviews from cockroaches, mold, foul odors, bugs, dirt, non working air conditioning and refrigerators and more for the last three months on their own site. These were not the reviews on the site when booking the trip in January. Their response? "Too bad, YOU were the one who chose that deal... Sorry there is nothing we can do." Even though it was suggested by the agent I spoke to when booking it.

False advertising a "five star" resort deal and scams to get more money out of you. Beware.... Part 2: This place was dirty, smelled of urine, bleach and mold. There was blood on the side of the bed. The room was beat up. Coverlet for our bed was ripped, mangled and missing buttons. Could not breathe in the room. Begged to even spend more money to go elsewhere. Do something? Anything? They took my number and said CheapCaribbean would call back. No phone call. Horrible experience. The food terrible. I was sick for days.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I booked a hotel with this company in Mexico. One month later they lowered the price of the exact same room by $1200.00 on their website. I did not want the $1200.00 back, but something would have been nice. After you pay them, the money is theirs. They would not consider it. I spoke to Timothy, a customer service manager and he read me their policies right out of the book. He spoke over me and continued to say the same thing over and over again. 0% customer service. Great way to get repeat customers CheapCaribbean.com. We will never use them again, and I will make sure everyone I know that they are about the money, not about the customer.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I booked our trip to Costa Rica with Cheap Caribbean, I just called the airline to confirm some things that we are entitled to with our credit card and found out that Cheap Caribbean took it upon themselves to use their own card “for my safety” to book my airfare!!! Because of that I lost the miles for this trip and I have to pay to check my bags!!! What gives them the right to do that! And who is now enjoying my miles! Last time I will ever book with them! Very dishonest company.

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information