1.53/5
  • 1 star
Based on 160 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Get matched with a great travel agency now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 12, 2017

167 CheapCaribbean.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

This review is to help the reader understand that once you pay CheapCaribbean, they will keep your money whether or not they can provide you with the promised trip. We purchased a trip to the Caribbean. The price was OK, but nothing to brag about. Unfortunately, due to the ensuing hurricanes, the hotel closed down. The trip could not have been taken. So, we asked for the money back. Not-so-Cheap-and-really-stinky-Caribbean said that the money will not be returned and only available as a credit that will expire shortly.

We went to the customer so-called service: first, no one responded for two weeks, then Kimberly ** responded. Her email was very nice, and she knows how to write. Her email said to just call her and she will resolve everything. We called her for over a month, left messages, sent emails. Finally, she responded. Kimberly was rude on the phone, refused to discuss law applicable to our claim, and then refused to even discuss morals of keeping our money when the trip could not be taken.

We have hired a lawyer to sue them and expect that the lawsuit will result in our favor. If you proceed that route, you may want to know that you can get from the courts treble damages because CheapCaribbean is your fiduciary and legal fees reimbursement in the judgment. Yes, good justice for CheapCaribbean, but is this how you want your vacation experience to go?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My husband and I booked a trip in Aug to be taken in Oct. to Paradise Island in the Bahamas. This was a dream come true for both of us. We stayed at the Comfort Suites, to have access to Atlantis, which was wonderful! Here is the problem, two days before our trip we received an email saying that they were just notified that the pool at the hotel was under renovations. I immediately contacted CheapCaribbean because I have a medical condition that prevents me from walking long distances daily and I need the pool for resistance therapy which is crucial for my pain level and walking ability.

For me this was not an inconvenience. It was a matter of being able to walk and move on my vacation! The response from them was, "Sorry for the inconvenience!" There was nothing on the website when I booked this trip about any pool work. I explained in another email, because the wait is too long by phone, that I was unhappy with their response and I was in shock that they did not try to help me in any way! They did say I could still use the pools at Atlantis.

So we took the trip and found out that CheapCarribean knew well in advance that the pool was under renovations, had we known this we would have booked later in the month when it would have been finished. Unfortunately, the closest pool to us in Atlantis was also under construction and I was only able to walk to the other pool on one day. It was just too far for me.

I never made it to the beaches because I was unable to walk to it! I found out too late that our hotel would have provided me with some assistance had we told them the situation sooner. I guess that is my fault I had too much pride and too much embarrassment! The bottom line is CheapCarribean advertised a hotel with a pool, that is what we paid for and they knew it would not be available for us to use, they deceived us, and did nothing to help us! We were at their mercy by the time we were notified they had all my money!!! I will never book with them again! Please Please Please, book with someone else, this company does not care one bit about you. Once they have your money it's over!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Last year my daughter began planning her 30th birthday celebration vacation. She researched every aspect of the trip and when a colleague suggested Cheap Caribbean she took the recommendation and reached out to them to plan her once in a lifetime trip. She booked the trip and everything was wonderful. She was traveling from Rochester and I was traveling from the NY/NJ area to meet in the Montego Bay airport 3 days before her birthday. All was perfect until the week of the trip. Hurricane Irma was scheduled to make landfall in Florida on Saturday, September 9th and luckily there was enough time for me to reroute my flight.

Both my daughter and I were in adjoining terminals at JFK the morning of the 9th when both our flights were canceled due to a freak of nature with a lightning strike that occurred the afternoon before having taken out the entire Island of Jamaica's flight radar so no flights were able to land. Fast forward to Saturday evening after 4+ hours on the phone with Cheap Caribbean we were rebooked to Mexico leaving on September 12th. I'd requested a resort on the Riviera Maya and to be placed in one of the Dreams Resorts (or one their affiliate/AMStar resorts).

I was very explicit that I did not want to be at any resort that required guests to have wristbands and that I wanted the same classification of accommodations that we'd had for Jamaica. I was assured repeatedly that we were being placed into a top rung resort that rivaled the Dreams Resorts and was listed as a 5 star resort. I had to pay an additional fee for the new reservation and a flight for my daughter since she'd used one leg of her ticket as she'd had a connecting flight from Rochester (over $580).

Upon receipt of our confirmation I noticed that we were downgraded from a Junior Suite Oceanview to a standard room. I called Cheap Caribbean the following morning and after 2 hours of holding I was told that the reservation had already been released to the resort and that we could not make the correction. We traveled to Mexico the morning of the 12th and upon arrival at the hotel, were told that there was no reservation in our name. We had to pay an additional $500+ for two nights lodging while we waited for Cheap Caribbean to fix their error. To add insult to injury the resort we were booked into was not on the same level as the resort that I requested. We were required to wear wristbands, which is something that I verbally stated I did not want multiple times to the representatives from Cheap Caribbean.

My daughter spent two hours on the phone, while sitting in the lobby, since that was the only place she had consistent reception, trying to get Cheap Caribbean to correct their mistake. While we were at resort, they did confirm our reservation, but did not correct the room classification causing an additional cost to me. I've done quite a bit of traveling and have never had such a bad experience. The resort was picturesque, however that was the only positive. There were multiple buffets, but the selections were not wide and the food was not tasty. The theater was an open air space with no air conditioning and the ceiling fans did not offer any relief from the heat. We were not happy with the cleanliness either.

Most morning we would leave our room by 9 am and put the sign on the door to please clean our room and when we returned in the afternoon (after 3 pm) our room would not have been serviced. On the 3rd day when we returned, we were so disappointed that we went to complain in person since calling Housekeeping did no good. On our second day, we requested wash cloths no one brought us any. By chance, I was able to get some when the maid came to the room to see if wanted her to provide turn down service.

Now we are home nearly a month and Cheap Caribbean has still not refunded the difference between the rooms grade that we were supposed to have been booked into and the one they put us in. Their response has been that they appealed to the resort to provide us with the difference and the resort has responded that Cheap Caribbean was at fault. There has been no resolution to our frequent calls and emails. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Hello, so I recently had a group trip planned for Puerto Rico but unfortunately the area has recently suffered serious damage by two consecutive hurricanes which left the island unable to accommodate guests at this time. I had booked the flight and hotel through CheapCaribbean.com and got in contact with them days before the hurricane hit the island and asked about being refunded my deposit as it was clear that area would not be able to be visited any longer at this time.

A few days passed and finally the company emails and calls me letting me know the reservation had been canceled due to damages sustained by the island and travel credit will be given to those affected. Here lies the problem... This was an unfortunate event which was out of everyone's control and yet the company refused to refund me SOLELY on the grounds that it's their policy not to give refunds.

When I called and spoke with a representative, he stated only $127 will be held as future travel credit with them and that I would have to contact the airline for the refund of $724 for the airfare directly. Upon speaking to the airline, they agreed to fully refund me free of any fees or penalties but then stated the refund would be going to the Mastercard used to book the trip... However, I booked my entire trip using my American Express.

Unfortunately, the airline stated they had to refund to the purchase card used to purchase the tickets which now leaves me where I'm currently at... I have my full amount sitting in the account of a "nonrefundable" company even though I was told by a representative that I would have to call the airline and be refunded by them but, the company was smart enough or should I say sneaky enough to know to book using their means of purchasing so that in the case there was a refund, I, the customer would still not see that refund. I'm currently disputing this with American Express as it is an unfair business practice. When asked why the Mastercard was used to purchase the airline tickets rather than the card I provided, the person stated, "It is for your protection". So now you have an idea of what kind of company this is. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

We booked vacation with CheapCaribbean September 3rd to September 7th in the Dominican Republic Punta Cana. Hurricane Irma hit, we were evacuated six and a half hours away to Santiago. Our group leaders from the resort was calling CheapCaribbean trying to get someone to be responsible for me and my friend and CheapCaribbean pretty much said we was on our own. We ended up having to spend three more nights and pay out of pocket, had to rebook our flights ourselves. I know this was all due to Hurricane but when you book with a travel agency I feel they should be there for you and try to help you in any way they can and this did not happen at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I had a trip planned for St Maarten since May - with a partial payment. Now, since IRMA hit - the resort I was booked for received heavy damage. I inquired about my stay - to Cheap Caribbean, and the response I got was that the resort I was going to would not be ready for my dates of travel - nor would the island. I had no desire to go elsewhere, as I was intrigued with the "airport" and wanted to view the beach and the planes making their approach very close to the beach!! I inquired about how long of a wait, and this place wasn't taking any reservations - up and to the "May" of 2018 (which is when my year would be up). I simply asked for a refund - so I could just rebook, when the resort was rebuilt. Cheap Caribbean said I could only get a credit from the resort and the airlines - no refunds!

I understand this was an act of Mother Nature, but it was definitely not all my fault!!! CC would not budge... At all!!! Never would they offer anything to support customer service - it was always "The resort”, or the "airline" stance. Well, I never dealt with the airlines or the resorts - I went through one place "Cheap Caribbean". I don't understand - I put down one third of my total package, in good faith and knowing I was not going to cancel. I had no desire to go anywhere else, but I was forced to find another trip - because there was no refund. And, if I didn't find/use another trip before May, I lost my monies!! WOW!!!

O. K, so, now there was no way I was just gonna hand them free money, by walking away. I thought, I would choose another location, and then look for civil action against the company. (They are out to protect only themselves and the only ones that are out on this - would be the resort and ME!!) If you book, and come across some issues, you can bet - there is NO WAY "Cheap" Caribbean is going to take a hit at any level!! If something is wrong - you will be the only one who not only suffers the brunt of the pain... You will also be the only one to carry any financial burdens.

Once you make a partial payment, don't expect to get ANY back!! They hold your money and force you to book another trip, if things go south on the intended trip!! RUN!!! RUN FAR, and VERY FAST!!! DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS PLACE!!! There is my two cents worth. Now, I will head to a place where I have absolutely no desire to go - for my long awaited vacation (since May). BAD REVIEW FOR Liz, Timothy.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

In May 2017 my now ex husband went on Cheap Caribbean to purchase a 7 night w/ flights all inclusive vacation for us. I paid half the trip with my credit card and he paid half with his card however, we broke up the end of May and I called 6 times to cancel my part of the trip. But because my ex was the primary on the reservation, they said he had to call in and cancel my part of the trip. And because it was a bad break up due to a crazy alcoholic man that I begged to cancel to get some money back.

He did not call out of spite and Cheap Caribbean told me because he did not cancel, I lost my 1500 bucks! Then I fought it with my bank and Cheap Caribbean sent a rebuttal of some policy of absolutely no refunds that I never was told when I called 6 times nor saw on the paperwork so I lost 1500 and never went on the vacation. They don't even give you a credit or can change your reservation, nothing! Absolutely will not use them again!!! Bookit has a refund and great cancelation policy...

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Book a trip to a all inclusive place in Los Cabos. The website says "all inclusive, included tips and services" tips were demanded in order to get service, extra charge at check in for our service and $ for top shelf liquors, half of the resort was closed for renovations, we weren't informed by this company.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I contacted Cheap Caribbean because I was supposed to have my luggage free at the airport and I didn't because they decided to use their credit card. I called them and they was rude and hang up the phone at me. I send them email. Never reply. The worst company to deal with. When I needed to book yes they will be there for me. I went to Montego Bay Jamaica and I stay in the hotel name Riu Palace Tropical Bay in Negril. They said it had a club and is not true and also they said they have babysitter. I never see it. The hotel is not that bad but they cook the same food for all the 5 days I was there...

Cheap Caribbean is the worse. Don't book with them. First and last time. I rather call the hotel myself... My first night at the hotel my sheet was dirty and they provided a new one but left it in top of the bed for me to change it. In the fridge they left an open soda and they didn't even change it. At the hotel one of the lifeguard was very rude whistling next to me very loud and he told me that he can do whatever he want to, go to the front desk I did and IDK what they do. Another thing is I contact Cheap Caribbean and let them know. They said they was going to change my hotel. They lied. On Monday they came to me with excuses. Don't want to ever experience nothing with them.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I am writing this to make sure others don't get scammed by this company. I recently traveled to Mexico and booked an all inclusive package at the Grand Oasis. I was told it included 17 restaurants. Come to find out while I was on vacation there I wasn't allowed entry into some of the restaurants and there were 25 on this resort. What cheap Caribbean didn't tell us was there are 3 resorts on this one property I paid for all inclusive and it only included about 60% of things on resort. They are scamming people on these packages. I was never told by the sales person this package did not include about 10 of the restaurants on resort. Air conditioning in room barely worked. I will never use this company again and can not see how they can sell this package as all inclusive.

Original review: July 28, 2017

We booked a vacation to a certain hotel, after an hour we realized we have to change our dates, we call back to CheapCaribbean and the sale rep. gave us a different option saying it is in the same location and the same hotel quality. We trusted her and booked it. When arriving to the hotel we were shocked by the quality of the hotel - not even close to what we order at the beginning and the location was completely different.

Right away (from the vacation!) we called CheapCaribbean so they will relocate us explaining them we were misled by their sale rep. - no help came from them - in fact they said they will do something only 2-3 days later - our vacation was only 4 days. So we found ourselves a different hotel and ended up paying triple the price. Now they don't even want to return the full amount we pay. We are trying to reach someone to speak with and they constantly forward us to a voice mail. A good company is one that handle any situation in a way where even if they made a mistake, you as a customer will be happy. We don't recommend this company at all! Worst customer service!

Original review: July 22, 2017

I work all the time. I took 5 days off work and went for the first time by myself to DOMREP to a supposedly 5 star resort (Bavaro Palladium). Whilst there my first two days I was starving and in my room. Why? Because the first evening I was tired of hearing screaming kids so I walked outside and was cursed at and threatened by their drunk parents, I went back in. The second day 3 large women also drunk started talking trash and calling me names. I was in shock and told management, they moved me to a disgusting lower premium room that took 8 hours from start to finish in the lobby and waiting for the manager.

During this time I was so stressed and hungry and couldn't stop crying. The third day was worse and I ended up leaving early on the first flight out. The hotel would do absolutely NOTHING. Cheap Caribbean made me wait 21 days to tell me the HOTEL would give me the night I left room fee that was it. Cheap Caribbean has said there is nothing else they can do.

Original review: June 19, 2017

Let me just say up until the day I left Florida I had not experienced anything wrong with this company. The hotel was not up to my standards but that wasn't the worst of things. They had prom in the hotel 3/5 nights I was there. Loud music, teenagers thru the halls all night, couldn't leave the room. It was so many people everywhere. Didn't enjoy my trip at all. I was totally disappointed. Get back to Florida. Spirit has delayed our flight home. Not once but 3xs then finally just cancels it. So we're stuck in Ft Lauderdale and we live in Tampa. No that's not CheapCaribbean's fault but the way I've been handled since is. Been waiting weeks for a refund for a partial flight that was supposed to take 7-10 days. I can't describe the feelings I've experienced on this trip. Anybody willing to listen I will tell how displeased I am. I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 19, 2017

Stay away from the cruises to Cuba from CheapCaribbean if you were born in Cuba. Even if you are US citizen and carry a United States passport you will encounter trouble with them. I purchased a cruise from them this April from the for July the 4th. When spoke to them I told them very clearly that I was Cuban born. Well it turns out that they sold me the wrong visas. If was not for the cruise line when tried logging to get my Docs I had to call the cruise line and the lady was the one that told me that the visas they sell are not good for Cuban born people. So I called CheapCaribbean since I am 4 month ahead before the cruise to cancel. The lady that sold me the cruise did not answer me and had to deal with another agent. I explain what happen and she admitted that it was not my fault and that she was going to cancel my cruise and give me a complete refund.

After 24 hours things change drastically. Now they claim that it's my fault 'cause I did tell the agent I was Cuban born which she is lying because since the beginning I informed her about that. So now they tell me they have charge me 100 dollars cancellation fee which they already charged it to my credit card but there's no refund of my money anywhere to be found. Some of their travel agents don't know what they are doing and then customers like me end up waiting endlessly for a refund. I will never do another booking with them again.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I am writing to say we are very dissatisfied with Cheap Caribbean. We have booked several vacations with them and never had any problems. Great vacations, no problem. Crappy vacation with issues big problem. Cheap Caribbean like any other company is getting a kickback from working with and selling vacations for these resorts so for that reason they should be responsible for their part. The resort was Bahia Principe Ambar Blue in Punta Cana. We purchased an upgrade for an adults only resort and it was not. In my world this is selling a false bill of goods. We made several attempts to contact Cheap Caribbean with our issues during vacation and got nowhere with them or the resort they are working with. We simply wanted our upgrade refund and they would not work with us. The whole vacation was a disaster from start to finish.

Rude staff, no working phone, no beach towels, water down drinks and subpar food. After several emails they finally said they would give us $200 in sun dollar credit to book another vacation. Not a refund but just a credit to get you to buy another vacation. All we ever heard from Cheap Caribbean is that the resort refused to refund the upgrade for the Adults only when it certainly was not. No real explanation. This is just false advertising. If you're going to book a vacation in Punta Cana beware of this resort and go through a booking company that is fair and cares. All the trips we've booked and they could care less about return business. If they did the right thing they would have continued to get our business. When you advertise for these resorts it is in part some of the responsibility to make sure you're not getting taken. Feeling very ripped off. Since we were issued only a credit they could have at least refunded the whole upgrade.

Original review: May 30, 2017

This is my 3rd time booking with them and I must say that it will definitely be the last!! Please spend time and do your research. I am paying them MORE that if I were booking directly with the hotel. I called and asked for an upgrade on the room I booked and/or the possibility of adding 2 add'l. nights to my reservation. Not only did the customer service rep get snippy with me, the answer was NO. I will be staying at the Iberostar Cancun for my upcoming trip and apparently their rates have changed with the hotel since I booked. Regardless, since I booked, why can't you honor my rates?

I have already started spreading the word about how AWFUL they are and will continue to do so. I even asked to speak to a manager and he/she was "too busy". I work hard for my money and want to have the best vacation with my family. I even said to the rep, "You do know I will leave comments on the web about your company, right?" His response, "Yes!" But there is nothing I could do..." I find that SO hard to believe. If you've spent time to read this message - PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT use this AWFUL company!! Expedia is so much better... or, book directly through the hotel.

Original review: May 22, 2017

We always use CheapCaribbean.com when traveling to Riviera Maya in Mexico. They ALWAYS have the best prices for all inclusive compared to other websites. We have traveled there 3 times and are going a 4th time this summer. They made it very easy to book all your hotel, flights, and extra activities. I'm not sure why people have the negative reviews because we have always had a WONDERFUL experience. They take care of your flight and hotel reservations. We have never had an issue. The hotel always knows our arrival times is ready for us when we get there. They even know what time our departure flight is and makes sure we have a ride back to the airport at the correct time. I did see some reviews where people complained about flight issues. If you have a flight issue (we have NEVER had one) you should call the airline not Cheap Caribbean as the flight issue is the airport's problem.

Original review: April 27, 2017

You get what you pay for, sometimes, but these people are useless. When you order your vacation they try and sell you "insurance", who needs insurance when they never tell you about ways to upgrade your airline seats or that you may need transfers at a foreign airport. Cheap Caribbean only wants to sell you their services, never tries to help you the customer. Then trying to contact them, "we will get back to you in 24 hours". Nice customer service. Do yourself a favor, go elsewhere, buy a vacation from the hotel or the airline, bypass these folks. They are clueless!

Original review: March 23, 2017

We paid extra for a short duration flight, early arrival to our destination. They notified us of a flight change, put us in a flight schedule with 3 hour layover. Called to get COMPARABLE flight schedule and was told they have no control over flights. I asked if I could contact airline direct, was told CC buys in bulk so airline likely won't have my ticket info. I called airline anyway, and they happily corrected for me at no charge. I WILL NEVER AGAIN USE CHEAP CARIBBEAN. THEY ARE USELESS.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

So, I will just start by saying that I normally don't write reviews, but due to the WONDERFUL customer service I've received just in the past day, I felt compelled! I was SUPER skeptical to purchase my vacation package with CheapCaribbean.com for the main reason you're probably on this site reading the reviews... I read some REALLY bad ones. As one would when they are about to drop some serious money, you do your research, cross your fingers, and hope for the best. When I clicked that submit button on their website, I got a little tingle of nervousness... BUT checked my email and had instantly received a confirmation email with all of my vacation details! I then realized that I forgot to type in a promo code to get $75 off --- SHOOT!

I quickly searched the "Contact" page and found a place to fill out an email to their support team. I sent in a short, descriptive email and within just minutes I had received a response back from a friendly customer service agent, Carmen, who told me she would gladly credit back the card I used to pay! WOOHOO! I then noticed that the flight information provided on my confirmation email wasn't what was needed on JetBlue's website... UH OH! The panic starts to sink back in... so, what do I do? Email to the customer service agents again! I sent my email inquiring as to why the airline locator didn't work on the airline website and AGAIN, within only MINUTES, I got another lovely response back, this time from Danielle with the airline locator that worked on JetBlue's site --- YES!!! Shortly after that occurred, I got the official email from JetBlue with all of my flight info and seat numbers.

I had some questions regarding my room at the resort, Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort and Spa, so since I have such great luck with my emails to CheapCaribbean, I said, "What the heck! I will email the hotel to see if they can assist me!" Sent my email to their support team, and like clockwork, within a few minutes I have received a super detailed and friendly email from a customer service rep of the hotel. All of my questions, answered and was even provided with additional information that was very helpful!!! I haven't even gone on my vacation yet, but if this is any indication as to how the trip will be, I am certainly pleased and looking forward to my upcoming time in PARADISE!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I am writing only because I recently viewed a commercial for Cheap Caribbean, and I realized more people will be likely putting themselves at risk thinking they are buying a fantastic vacation. In 2012, I booked a vacation package through Cheap Caribbean for myself and my boyfriend. We flew out via JetBlue and that part of the trip went well; however, the shuttle service provided in the vacation package responsible for transportation from the airport to the resort had an accident. The shuttle driver drove recklessly when another driver attempted to pass him. I woke up in the hospital. My boyfriend told me we had done a 180 degree turn and flipped. As a result of this accident, the right side of my head was split open and my back was broken.

When I got back to the US and was able to contact Cheap Caribbean, they were of little help. THEY WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE ME A REFUND. I had to fight the charges through my credit card company. I ended up paying for the bulk of the vacation nightmare because I used the round trip airfare and the resort wasn't the main expense. Plus I found out I COULD NOT sue Cheap Caribbean because they have a big disclaimer at the time of purchase. You can die on a trip and still not sue them. As a result, I am currently dealing with an international lawsuit with the transportation company. I have permanent nerve damage, difficulty with mobility, and about to have corrective surgery. It wasn't worth it. So my warning to anyone looking to enjoy themselves on a vacation and save some money, pay a little more and go with a reputable company. So if anything goes wrong you hopefully have more protection. You never think it will happen to you until it does.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

We have always booked our vacations 2-3 times a year through another vendor over the years and have always had a great experience and usually stayed at an Iberostar Resort. We decided to take a chance and find a "better deal" through Cheap Caribbean. We booked a vacation this year to Jamaica with the Deal of Fortune which you don't know what you are getting until 1 week before the trip. All of the hotels showed 4-5 star rating and Iberostar was one of them so we assumed that they were all about the same. We were told 1 week before the trip that we are staying at Sunscape and went online to read all of the reviews and noticed it had the worst reviews we have ever read. I called Cheap Caribbean and asked to switch hotels and they said that we would lose the land $ (hotel stay) which was over $7000 if we changed PLUS $50 per person fee to change the hotel.

I asked the person if everyone gets booked at this hotel because that is what it seems and he said that the majority do because it is the least booked. (I wonder why) It seemed like to me that it was a scam just for that hotel and the other hotels don't even get booked. He said he would e-mail the hotel to see if they would waive the fee if we booked a different hotel and get back to me. My guess they never e-mailed them and why would they waive the fee to book to another hotel? That didn't even make sense to me. They also said that you have 45 days before the trip to cancel, how do you cancel a deal of fortune if you find out 1 week before the trip?

I then received a call from Danielle which I assume was the manager since she took on the management answers to everything and just said, it can't be changed. I don't know how people can look themselves in the mirror every day being able to just brush off $7000 of someone's money and seem like they don't care. I will never use Cheap Caribbean again and continue using Resortvacationstogo.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

This was the fifth trip using their service. In the past they sent us to a resort in Puerto Plata called LIFESTYLE. This year on two separate occasions talking with their agents they pushed us into going to a new resort that they represent. The resort was SUNSCAPE and as the agents explained it was a step up from LIFESTYLE. IN ONE WORD I'LL DESCRIBE OUR EXPERIENCE IN DEALING WITH CheapCaribbean and their recommendations. MISREPRESENTATION.

SUNSCAPE - was a disaster. Private beach was a joke. I lost air conditioning on 4 nights that I was aware of. Complaining did no good with the staff. Dining came with a waiter who took your entire order including dessert and then you never saw him again. And the bars don't open till 10 am, what a joke. Nightlife, nonexistent unless you want one of the hookers hanging around the pool late at night.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

On December 9th myself along with my brother, and a good friend of ours, and his girlfriend flew out of JFK airport to enjoy what we hoped would be a beautiful 5 day vacation in Puerto Plata Dominican Republic. What we actually experienced was nothing short of traumatic. Upon arriving at Sti airport we located Amstar for our transportation to the hotel. We set this up through CheapCarribean (CC) thinking they would have our best interests in mind. Once again we were severely mistaken. This is where the lies began.

The representative from CC informed us that the trip should take 40 mins depending on traffic. This trip took us nearly 3 hours driving us through some of the most poverty-stricken areas, not the most ideal prerequisite to a beautiful vacation getaway. Some of the things we saw were actually quite disturbing. I understand that CC does not have any control over the current living situation in Puerto Plata DR, but I feel it is blatant disregard on their part to not mention such a disturbingly painstaking element to its potential buyers.

After our 3 hour ride, we arrive at the unimpressive entrance of the Sunscape Motel. Our bags are brought to the concierge desk by hotel staff who spoke little to no English whatsoever. My brother and I stayed in room 2103 which was a concrete walled asylum-like hotel room. This hotel was rated with 4.1 stars according to CC but the resort was nowhere near that. This resort has NOTHING to offer. Including a broken safe, busted door latch, stained mirror, terrible odor, door don't seal, peeling ceiling, dirty thermostat and dirty walls. Not to mention BUGS everywhere even in the dining areas. The food was sub-par how could a resort score 4-5 stars and serve ketchup packets at its buffet... What kind of quality is that. And outside at the beachside grill, spoiled bottles of ketchup left out in the sun. Disgusting. We could have all got sick from this type of negligence.

CC boasted how beautiful this resort was and for that I feel they are responsible for our terrible time. CC severely mislead us, it is disturbing how a travel agency can purposely misguide someone, let alone 4 individuals. CC provided no service here, rather a complete and undeniable disservice and waste of time and money.

As we ventured through the resort nightfall was near and we began asking hotel staff where the best place to enjoy our night would be. One worker informed us to go to the beach after 11 pm for a "party". Thankfully we did not do this seeing as to another couple who we encountered warned us that the beach was not a place we wanted to be past dark at all whatsoever. This was just the beginning of the unsettling feeling. It felt as if the hotel staff was out to get us in some fashion. We ended up in the Eclipse night club which was a sad excuse for a club at all. Including a disco light and some loud music and not to forget the multitude of prostitutes who were inside the club attempting to solicit themselves to my brother and I! Extremely disturbing and unsettling.

INSIDE THE RESORT! Along with the rough crowd which seemed to be locals from the surrounding area we stuck out like a sore thumb and immediately felt like targets inside the resort. The bartender at the premium bar recommended we venture out to the place nearby just outside of the resort called Clubber. My Brother and I took his advice and went. It was here that we again crossed paths with the same prostitutes and what seemed like pimps that we saw inside Eclipse nightclub earlier. We officially felt watched and had high levels of anxiety. These same 15 or so individuals seemed to continuously pop up at the same restaurants we went to and the same areas in the resorts. We were all almost certain the hotel was in on this charade and was allowing this to go on. This all took place on out first night... how disturbing.

As we retired back to our room happy to be back in what we felt was our only solitude the air conditioning shut off in the middle of the night. I called the front desk to aid me to which they replied in terribly broken English "The AC will be off till 7 am. It just does that." My brother and I rolled around in our respective beds sweating in the humidity and did not get any sleep. I shortly after called for some water bottles to which I was told "You are allowed 2 water bottles to the room a day" by the woman Johaira at the concierge desk. In 85 degree weather with 99-100% humidity... Extremely Unaccommodating. Nothing about the front desk was welcoming nor accommodating, neither to us or our language. In fact we were then questioned why we needed so many water bottles on the following day when we requested 4 bottles... absolutely disturbing way to treat an American citizen who has gone through the trouble of visiting your country.

The other time I called the front desk for pillows they made me feel as if I was bothering them for this request bc the pillows on my room were all deflated and worn. I had to call twice for them to address this. This trip was nothing short of an inconvenience. CC was supposed to be the factor in this vacation that lead to a happy vacation that went off without a hitch instead they were the sole reason why we were so disturbed.

We all ultimately felt unsafe after the first night. We were tired of the lies the staff was telling and the unsettling feelings we couldn't shake of us being watched. Another bartender at the pool bar informed me that 6-700 people would be arriving for the 4 pm foam pool party... the same 15 or so local individuals were in attendance as I walked by. How could someone say 6-700 people, such a blatant lie. We all decided it would be safest to cut our vacation short and opt for an early flight home. We then spent all of our second day on the phone with CC and Delta trying to make these arrangements.

Our second day, sleep deprived as it was, was now wasted dealing with CC reps over the phone. We felt complaining to the front desk would bring us even more unwelcoming actions from the staff. We truly felt trapped and unsafe. We switched out flight to the following day in an attempt to end out nightmare ASAP. We could not shake the negative unsafe feelings the resort and its staff had put in us we wanted out.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

This is the worse company ever. We were scheduled to go to Jamaica and then Hurricane Matthew came around. We tried to cancel or move our dates many times. They will NOT refund our money or change our trip. We have a disabled son. How dare them think that we will travel to a little island that even though it was not directly hit lost power, no swimming in the ocean etc. I am going to have to contact an attorney if this does not get resolved.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Dec. 4 2016 - Beware of using cheapCaribbean. Was under the impression that CheapCaribbean would get me a good price without compromising quality, boy was I wrong! The representative on the phone told me it was a really nice property. I think CheapCaribbean lives up to its name because you get exactly what you pay for. The internet did not work. Could not check in at home with family. The food was either excessively salty or had no flavor. None of the Ingredients was looking step only the name of the food. Old Box TV with fuzzy picture. No movie channels. Bedding was old, worn thin and in need of replacement. Room had a musty smell. Paint chips falling on the exterior and in to plants beds. Pipes exposed behind a flapping door. Old fashioned key to open room door got stuck and sometimes took 5 minutes to get in to room.

Told management and nothing was done. Toilet was patched on exterior. Was given two small bars of round soap for 5 days. The entertainment was the quality of amateurs in a high school play. Poor costumes and lip syncing music while playing fake instruments. Each night performing was the same staff. Not an enjoyable trip.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

This is the second time that my husband and I have had a vacation using CheapCaribbean.com. The resorts in both cases were great. The prices were VERY low. The resorts were all inclusive. We will use this agency again when we wish to go to any Caribbean destination.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

We booked a Cancun, Mexico package through CheapCaribbean and they insisted that we also prebuy transportation with Amstar from and to the airport - it turned out to be a scam! DO NOT BOOK YOUR TRANSPORTATION WITH AMSTAR - they will ** you if you don't attend their timeshare like they did to us. We booked ours through CheapCaribbean (another mistake) and they charged us $74 for shared airport transfer (individual cabs take a maximum of $25 each way and SuperShuttle is even cheaper) but we bought it anyway since we thought doing it all together will be better (we were so wrong!); They require you to 'report' thrice at their counter before the pickup (day 1, day of pickup minus one and on the day of pickup); the first two times are done to ensure they have time with us to bore us with their timeshare holiday.

On day 1 when I reported at the counter, the guy at the counter (Ismail) was rude when, after listening to him push his sales pitch to me for 20 minutes, I said "Please do not push these, I am not interested. I only want my pickup and drop for which I have pre-paid." I couldn't believe it when he retorted "You don't care for your family? You are taking tours which will waste your and your family's time but not ours?" "Some people just don't get it; I have such a good deal and he doesn't want to listen." I just stood up and left. He got back at me by making sure we missed our return drop!! When we reached for the pickup at 10:55 am (the scheduled pickup time for our 2:01pm flight), he handed us a note saying "We waited for you till 11:05am but since we did not find you, we had to leave!!"

Aghast, I pointed out to him that it was still only about 11 so it is impossible for the car to have waited till 11:05 and left; he said he will try to arrange another car and kept saying we were late in the face of evidence in his face to the contrary! Then he was on the phone for 20 minutes supposedly "trying" to get me an alternate which he finally said he could do at 12:55pm; since this was obviously very late, I had to spend another $25 on a taxi after paying these scamsters $74!! Then he tells me "I am trying to help you and you are walking away!"

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I've taken three trips through CheapCaribbean (Jamaica 2009, Costa Rica 2015, and Cancun 2016) and I have not had any problems whatsoever! I never had to call customer service because I booked everything on their website and like I said never had any problems. Rooms were all nice. Everything was great and CheapCaribbean made it cheaper and easy! The only reason I'm writing this is because I googled CheapCaribbean to book my next trip and saw all the negative reviews, I am shocked! Don't be discouraged, they are great.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

Because of Hurricane Matthew the hotel we stayed at wouldn't let anyone swim at the beach any of the days that we were there. I called CheapCaribbean and they told me that the hurricane didn't affect Puerto Plata but I had a letter from the hotel asking us to take in balcony furniture because the hurricane was going to hit us. I emailed letter to CheapCaribbean and then they wanted to give us $100 of future vacation. We had 2 people and for all 5 days we couldn't swim. That's $10 a day per person. The trip was over $1000. I know that they don't control the weather but we should be taken care of. They can keep the $100 coz I'll never use them again.

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information