Doylestown, PA

1.1/5 (72 ratings)

About CheapCaribbean.com

CheapCaribbean.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I've been booking trips with my fiancé through Cheap Caribbean for upwards of 5 years now (3 trips in the last 5 years) and I have to say, it's the most stress free way I've ever booked a vacation. 9 times out of 10 their prices are the best and on top of that, being able to book everything in one spot (hotel, room upgrades, airfare, airport transfers, excursions, etc.) just makes everything that much easier. Add on the fact that you can now pay in installments over time is incredible. Everyone wants to travel and that options makes it even more accessible! We've never had a mishap while booking with them (I know sometimes reservations can get lost when not booking directly with the hotel) so our experiences have been nothing but positive. We love doing all-inclusive getaways and the sheer amount of choices they have available is great (and even overwhelming at times!).

NOTE ON TRAVELING DURING COVID-19: Long story short, this was the best vacation ever. Cheap Caribbean is thorough enough to make sure the hotels they promote are doing everything they can to keep guests safe. Constant cleaning, mask use by the staff, and modifications in the dining areas made us feel very comfortable. Our room was even turned down twice/day on some days. In addition, hotels in Mexico can only book up to 35% occupancy so we basically had the hotel to ourselves! Very, very pleasant experience overall.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi Yamile! We are so glad that you enjoyed your CheapCaribbean vacay! Thank you for taking the time to share this information.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Avoid CheapCaribbean.com at all costs!! My experience with this company was tiring, stressful, frustrating, and they have permanently lost my business going forward. I booked a 9 night all-inclusive vacation to Aruba for November 2020. I hoped to cancel for a full refund due to the global pandemic, current COVID restrictions which devalue the all-inclusive portion of the trip, current CDC guidelines, and fear of contracting COVID and being forced to quarantine in another country. After calling and being placed on hold for 2 and a half hours, I was told that I'm only entitled to a 75% refund despite purchasing the more expensive travel insurance when I had booked the trip during the first week of March. My travel insurance covers quarantines, but CheapCaribbean does not interpret CDC guidelines stating to avoid nonessential travel to the country as a covered reason for a a full refund. This is entirely unacceptable.

I paid $5,478 for my vacation and another $540 for 'cancel for any reason' travel insurance. With a 75% refund, I will be out $1370 + $540 for a total of $1910. My other option was to reschedule. Unfortunately, I was told I had until September 2021 to take this vacation if I reschedule (and I'd have to pay for travel insurance again which is 25% useless). This option is also unacceptable because if I were to reschedule my trip, I would want to reschedule it for the same week in November in 2021. However, the company was unwilling to work with me. All in all, CheapCaribbean.com is an unethical company showing zero sympathy to its customers impacted by the pandemic. Avoid this company if there is any chance that your travel plans may need changed before you take your vacation.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi Donald, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize for any stress this situation has caused you. An agent is looking into the issues you mentioned in order to assist further. We do hope you’ll consider CheapCaribbean when you book your next beach vacation.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Our flight was cancelled going to Jamaica. CheapCaribbean will not give us a full refund. Understand the insurance but not the extra $400.00 they won't refund. Had other Friends going that booked with Expedia are are getting a full refund. Guess I know who I will be booking with next time.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi Suzanne, thank you for sharing your experience and we are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We want to be sure your cancellation issue has been resolved. CheapCaribbean never wants our valued customers to feel like we didn’t do our very best in assisting them, so please privately message us with your booking ID if there is anything else we can do to help.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

The customer service is horrible! The website states that you are entitled to a full refund if your trip is canceled within 24 hrs. I canceled my trip within the specified time frame only to find out that it would take 90 days for my refund to be processed. And when I asked to speak to a supervisor, the representative made me wait more than 20 minutes. Once I finally was given a supervisor, Sophia continuously spoke over me and was not very helpful. She tried to tell me that this 90 day turnaround time was in the Terms and Conditions on the website and when I asked her to show me where, she could not do so, the website said nothing about a 90 wait time. Suffice to say, unfortunately, I still have not received my refund.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi Bianca, we understand your frustration with the delay in receiving your refund. As you know, COVID-19 has impacted travel for so many people. This caused our refund and credit submissions to triple, which has caused a delay in processing times. Please private message us if we can assist in any way.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

In summary, if my airfare was refundable, and my hotel had no record of there even being a reservation, CheapCarribean should have no trouble issuing a refund given this disaster. I, like many, booked my travel before covid was even a thing. We waited, fingers crossed, and were just two days out from departure when we got the email FROM CHEAPCARRIBEAN that our trip was cancelled. We WANTED to go on this trip. We were packed and ready. We did not cancel this trip. It was cancelled for us - the Dominican Republic put a travel ban in place. Given the DRs decision, flights were obviously cancelled. Cancelled flights purchased directly would have been eligible for a full refund. I'm going to assume that CheapCarribean would also be eligible for a refund of my airfare from the airlines if the airlines were unable to fly to their destination.

I called the resort we had "booked" and they had no record of a reservation ever having been made in our names. So no cost to cheapcarribean there. Given zero cost for airfare, and zero cost for accommodations, there should be zero cost to cheapcarribean and therefore a full refund should be afforded to customers who had no choice in the matter. We did not ask for our trip to be cancelled. I don't know where the money goes when you buy trip insurance. But imagine 25% of every vacation going somewhere. There's a huge chunk of money that someone is making off the backs of all us unwitting travelers. A windfall from our troubles.

I call on Nationwide, Cheapcarribean, and any other travel broker and any other travel insurance broker to be honest about what's happening here. You are winning big while the traveling public holds the bill. This should not be a windfall for you. Buck up and be honest entities. I'm in for any class action suit. And you better believe I'll be doing my homework before booking with any travel company again. Sounds like there are a lot of good companies out there. Too bad cheapcarribean and Nationwide are not among them.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Booked a trip to Turks & Caicos leaving 8/15/20. Had to cancel due to Mass law requiring 2 weeks quarantine on return. Even though I got credit for airline and the hotel provides 100% reimbursement so cost them nothing, they will only credit me $312 for future travel and hitting the insurance for 75% of trip costs. This is wrong on so many levels.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

After many attempts and speaking to multiple people, I was finally able to get a full refund (minus the cost of insurance). At this point, I am torn if I would give them my business again. The COVID experience is awful for everyone, but their sales agent, Tammy ** is great.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Cheap Caribbean will not give us a refund. In November 2019, I booked an all-inclusive trip to the Dominican Republic to attend a destination wedding and celebrate our son and daughter’s birthday. The travel date was March 31st - April 6th, right at the stirrup of the coronavirus. Because of all the fear and confusion, the wedding was called off. I did not want to lose over $800 for an airline cancellation fee, so we did not cancel. On March 16, Cheap Caribbean offered to waive the cancellation fee and give a future travel credit, but because of scheduling difficulties with the upcoming year, our family decided we would be safe and have fun on our trip.

On March 18th, the Dominican Republic prohibited entry from inbound travelers and guests. Also, we were informed that Delta had temporarily discontinued service for March 30th, thus forcing Cheap Caribbean to cancel our reservations and give us a future travel credit. I called to get a refund for the travel credit and was told NO. I filed a claim from the insurance that I had purchased and that was denied. When several refund attempts were denied, I reached out to the bride to find out if they had plans for using their travel credit and was informed that they had gotten full refunds for their travel credit because the travel agent had cancelled on their end. But guess what, no refund for our family, even though Cheap Caribbean received a full refund on my behalf from the airlines. Not Happy! I want a refund.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Booked a trip to Jamaica as part of a wedding party. Paid $3,000.00. I called CheapCaribbean. Sat on hold for hours. Found out our resort in Jamaica was closed down due to covid-19. We all changed our plans to go to Mexico at the cost of $2,300.00. Refused to give back $900.00 difference from the Jamaica trip that was canceled. They said I was still being charged for all the flights except one. They called it a unretrievable loss. A $900.00 loss. I spoke with Pablo. No credits. No nothing. A huge loss. Please be careful when dealing with this company.

Original review: July 20, 2020

This is the first time I booked with this company. Unfortunately right before my trip in March a pandemic started, although I had issues before then. My sister and I booked for her birthday. The first issue I had was trying to add my room to hers. We had people decide not to come so it became more convenient for me just to add myself to her room. She called ahead to give permission on the account for me to make changes. I ended up calling about 3 times bc they kept telling me I didn't have authorization to add myself to her room.

Then we had to get another authorization from her husband who paid for her part of the trip with a joint credit card they had.... Yes her name was on it too... although I was paying for the additions myself. That probably took about 9 hrs total.. 3 different calls for me to be added. Then the pandemic happened. Because both of our jobs we are unable to travel until further notice. I called to completely cancel the trip... I waited 3 hours and 15 min for someone to basically tell me they didn't care and if we don't use the credit by January of 2021 we will lose our money. About 3000! Hopefully we can use it before... but either way I will never use this company again. The funny thing is I told my sister that after everything I went through just to be added to her room. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THEM!!!! Very rude... you'll be on hold forever... and they don't care a pandemic is going on right now.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I just stayed with the Dreams Macao Punta Cana from July 11-16 (2020). There is no question that the this hotel and property is stunning. My husband and I have traveled to Punta Cana 8 times prior to this and we wanted to choose the perfect property to surprise my parents for Christmas. We chose this property because it was a brand new hotel and the only property that is located on Macao Beach. Since we are familiar with Punta Cana we thought we made the right decision. However, we didn’t exactly get the best experience from our stay. I wanted to first mention prior to traveling to Dreams Macao Punta Cana I did reach out to Kelvin ** the Social Media Coordinator regarding this property and what to expect during our stay due to Covid 19. I was advised that everything would be available to the guests, but of course under the safety rules. This was NOT the case. Below is a list of things that put a damper on our stay.

The Air conditioner in the room does not work. Both rooms were completely hot and we were sweating every night. I called to have this fix, but it was not. After speaking with a few other guest and workers we were advised that the property was trying to conserve the Air conditioner. Based on what we were told the Air conditioner was not turned on prior to guest arriving and they were limiting it because they didn’t have many guests staying.

FOOD: While the food was amazing for Lunch and dinner. Breakfast was not. When we ordered something for breakfast it was always wrong. No matter how many times you asked for the same thing it was not ever right. In addition: The first 2 nights we were there we waited over an hour for our food for dinner. Not sure what the wait was for because there were only 50 people checked in. AND at the time we were eating there were only 3 tables of guests including our table. Also, there were only 2 restaurants open each night.

While I understand it wouldn’t make sense to have every restaurant opened due to the amount of guest that were staying.. It was still advised to me prior that everything would be up and running. At a hotel stand point they should have just made a point to have guests make reservations at the restaurant of their choice. Due to this I did not eat at the World Café, EL Patio, and Bordeaux. Room service was not available the first 2 nights. Every time both me and my parents' room would call it was just busy. Totally not okay since there were literally no one staying at the property.

SERVICE: the staff there were trying to make the best of it. WE absolutely love ELLIS, VIRGINIA, LAVA, LUIS and JEAN. They are the best. I can’t really say the same for the guy that tries to sell the wine (I never got his name). He is so annoying. He really just does not take NO for an answer. This resort really needs to understand that this is an all-inclusive resort and if WE DON’T want to buy your wine then that is OK. You really should not be badgering the guests that are there. In fact: we honestly thought we waited over an hour for our food at Portofino restaurant that first night because of him. It was obvious since we seen people come and go and we were still waiting.

BEACH: STUNNING. Although it was beautiful it was never really safe to swim. Each day the red flag was up which means swim at your own risk. Obviously not the property's fault. This was the first time going on the beach in Punta Cana where we weren’t really bothered by locals trying to sell us things all day long. Luis that checks us in and out of the beach would pretty much guard us so no one would bothers us. He would allow them to come up once and then make them leave us alone. This really allowed us to enjoy our view. The only thing I would add is more beach chairs so it's more inviting for other guests and umbrellas. In addition: The beach bar was CLOSED all week. And no servers were ever there to bring us drinks while we were at the beach. You are selling that there is pool and BEACH wait service but that’s a lie.

Entertainment: NOT REALLY. I didn’t enjoy any entertainment any night. The last thing I wanted to add is that the resort is well maintained and they are taking the COVID 19 serious. I felt really safe during our stay. When I come back to Punta Cana I will have to really think if I want to stay with your property again. I really think anyone that stayed with you during this first week needs to be rewarded some sort of refund for not getting the full experience.

Original review: July 13, 2020

We bought a trip to Mexico. We were lied to that the Hotel is open in June 2020 where indeed it was not due to pandemic. Cheapcaribbean refuses to return the money based on the fact that we did not purchase the travel insurance, however they had no right to sell us the trip when the hotel itself did not accept any new bookings-closed due to COVID19. These lying travel agents don't care. They lie to people saying that everything is open. SCAMMERS!! DO NOT BUY WITH CHEAPCARIBBEAN!!! YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK. NEVER AGAIN will I buy anything with them.

Original review: July 9, 2020

My wife and I purchased a trip (and insurance) to the Riviera Maya in late November for a trip planned for March 23, 2020. This was to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. Obviously, due to COVID, we opted to cancel the trip 2 days prior. We knew that we could lose 25% of the cost as stated in the insurance but we didn't want to reschedule since we weren't sure when we would be able to go. It took 9 hours to get through to someone (not surprising given the situation at the time) who was very nice and he helped me to cancel the trip. He informed me of the instructions on how to file a claim, which I did the next day, and that was that.

It took them 8 weeks to come back and ask for supporting documentation, which I provided, and have yet to hear a word from them. Since you can't get through by phone, I emailed them (creates a record!) asking when I can expect to receive my refund, and I received an email back saying that they are "reviewing the claim". Having seen everyone else's issues on here I'm wondering we will ever see any of our money back ($2600). Like many, I will never book through CC every again!

Original review: July 6, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! I booked a trip for March 2020 and due to COVID, was unable to go. I did not purchase insurance when the trip was planned in January 2020 (review your insurance, the policy I read stated you CANNOT get a refund in the event of Pandemic). I have been calling them weekly and waiting on hold since 3/18/20 (my total hold time - no lie 90 hours and 17 minutes). The longest I waited on hold was just short of 8 hours and still did not speak to anyone.

They are not based in the United States. Today, I finally was able to speak to someone (Sofia, after 1 hour 18 minutes on hold). She they were not issuing a refund and it was my fault I did not purchase the insurance. I could tell by the background noise she was not in the United States. I asked where she was and she replied Bogota, Columbia. I reiterated that I want my card credited or would like to speak to someone who can. She said "no, the decision for credit only has been made, have a nice day" and hung up. If I had a way to rate in negative stars, I would. Take it from me, this company is not worth your time or money!

Original review: July 5, 2020

I apologize for the length of this review, but please read as you may need to get some of your money back. This is not a bash review. This is fact! These are strange times due to the pandemic and everyone is rescheduling vacations. The process is grueling for everyone involved. We had booked a vacation back in February to Turks and Caicos for travel on April 30th. We, like everyone else, were forced to cancel or reschedule. We tried to reschedule for our original destination but it was more expensive for the later dates. Cheap Caribbean allowed a destination change. So, on March 30th, we changed our trip for Jamaica on June 25th. The airline and departure airport remained the same. There were no penalties. Easy process!

Here is where it gets deceiving! End of May, we got a notice from our resort that they will not be opening up until July 1. All bookings in June will need to be rescheduled with no hotel penalty. We called Cheap Caribbean to once again change our plans. They were unaware of the resort update. We had to direct them to the information. Once they read the resort update we started the date change. We were informed that Delta required a change of ticket penalty of $250/person plus taxes and other various fees. Ok, so we are out $612.14.

My husband and I contacted Delta today as our trip is 2 days away. We were wanting to either get a refund or a possible upgrade on our flight. Delta informed us that the original tickets were FULLY refunded with no penalties. These tickets were purchased third party and couldnt see how much we were charged for the flights. But they did say, no penalties were applied to anyone. Cheap Caribbean told us that because Delta was actually still flying to Jamaica on June 25th, they charged a penalty. Delta says this is incorrect! Delta rep informed us that this has been a problem with a lot of travel agencies. Delta is not charging any penalties for changes due to the pandemic. Cheap Caribbean is making a lot of money blaming any penalty charges on hotel and airlines.

Original review: July 1, 2020

If anyone would like to come together and file a class action PLEASE reach out to me! IG (Layshface). I have went through the same thing as others. 4 hours on hold then the phone mysteriously drops the call. They told us to get insurance (which we did) then they tell us we cannot receive a full refund. This place is ALL ABOUT MONEY!! You would think during a pandemic they would be more understanding.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I have never been more disgusted with the customer service of a company. After numerous calls with them and being put on hold for hours they refuse to give me a refund despite the fact that we are in the midst of a global pandemic which obviously prevents me from even being able to travel outside the country. Not to mention people I spoke with barely spoke English and couldn’t understand a single thing I was saying. I tried to dispute the charges with my credit card company but they said that they never said the trip could be refunded so I’m out of luck. I’m out of a job and have no money to be throwing to unethical companies like Cheap Caribbean. I will NEVER be booking with them again and I will be making sure none of my family or friends books with them. There are not enough negative things to say about this company. DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Booked a vacation in May to the Occidental Cozumel. I just happened to read an article stating that they would be shut down until November. We were set to travel July 6th???? If I had not read that article my family would have boarded an airplane and arrived in Cozumel with no Resort!! Now I've spent over 14 hours on hold over a 3 day period... As a matter of fact, I'm on my second hold today. My first hold time was over 2 1/2 hours then I asked the agent if he would call me back if we get disconnected. Well, we were disconnected and he never called me back! I called back and had to hold for another 2 hours and 45 minutes. I finally got to rebook our trip... Now going to Cancun. I will NEVER EVER book through Cheap Caribbean again!!!

Original review: June 16, 2020

This company is all BS!! Bought a package to DR- Vacation was canceled During pandemic, I called the resort to make sure Cheapcaribbean wasn’t charged and I asked them to refund me at least the resort part, I tried to call many times, finally I got an email back saying, “no refunds at all.” I understand they are going through a lot but now I can't travel and I need my money back. I wonder if we can sue this company. I see so many bad reviews. Idk what else to do! Don’t ever buy from this company. They are horrible!!

Original review: June 16, 2020

My trip was canceled due to the pandemic in March. I paid for insurance to secure everything and so I wouldn't have any issues if anything occurred. This company is so disappointing, I have spoken to many people about my refund, they have given me the runaround, they gave me three different dates on when I should receive my money back, it has been a nightmare. .. I still haven't received my refund. My next move is taking them to court, never again will I book with this company!

Original review: June 12, 2020

Updated on 08/15/2020: As usual, CheapCaribbean, does not follow thru. My husband rcvd a call from representative Gavin regarding the previous review I wrote. He called my husband phone even though I left my number to be contacted. My husband told him to call back after 4, last night. Lo & behold he has yet to call back. This company cares nothing about their customers and have made A LOT of money off of Covid19. Before you book with this company read the reviews. Their customer service is horrible!! We will never use this company again!! Neither will any family members!!

Original: Wow!! After reading all the other reviews regarding this company, I see that we are not the only ones who suffered with the horrible customer service. We booked a family vacation in Feb 2020 to take place in May 2020, then Covid19 hit. We decided to cancel our trip prior to everything getting cancelled. We purchased the travel insurance & thought would not be an issue to get a refund. Boy were we wrong!! After spending hours on the phone with CC & Trip Mate, finally was told what all needed to be sent for claim. Claim was denied since reason we used was Covid. Was told that was not a covered reason per the policy.

After denial was received, took 6 wks for processing of the claim, contacted Cheap Caribbean for credit. Spent over an hour on hold before a cust serv rep came on the line. After I explained why i was calling she stated that she would reach out to Trip Mate to verify that the claim had been cancelled. I found out later in the 4 hour phone call, after speaking with a supervisor, that was a lie! It was explained to us that since we cancelled our trip we would have to use the same airline, United, as the original booking & if the ticket cost was less than the orig we would lose money. I asked multiple times what all did we need to submit to complete the claim.

First I was told nothing since they "verified" that the claim with Trip Mate had been cancelled, then was told we would need to submit the denial from Trip Mate & it would take 5 days for processing. Called back after 5 days to be told that it could take at least 45 days for the processing to be complete. Spent another 2 hours on the phone. Tried to explain that we had already picked dates in August 2020 to travel. Asked if the claim could be expedited & was told no. Thankfully I reached out to reservations & was able to get the claim processed. Received the confirmation email regarding the credits that could be used. Called Cheap Caribbean to rebook the trip. Was on hold for an hour & the call was disconnected, called back & was on hold for almost 2 hours before I was able to speak with Natalie. All that she was interested in doing to reading from the script.

Since the airfare is cheaper now, we asked to upgrade our seats so we would not lose the credits. That was denied since we cancelled the trip. We lost over $500 on the airfare alone. Asked to speak with supervisor. After being on hold for over 30 minutes, Monica came on the line. She stated that she reached out to United so we could use a different airline & the request was denied. To shorten this story, I spent over 4 hours on the phone with the incompetent customer service reps to rebook our trip. I WILL NEVER USE CHEAP CARIBBEAN AGAIN. Their customer service is a joke & all they care about is taking your money. The only reason why I used them to rebook was due to the credit. Do not use this Company nor buy travel insurance with Travel Mate. Neither company care about their customers!!! If I could give a rating of 1/2 star I would.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Booked a trip through Cheap Caribbean for my cousins destination wedding to be held March 26th in Punta Cana at the end of February. We booked through CB before to Punta Cana in 2017 and decided to use them again, which will never happen again and hope they don't survive this pandemic after showing us their true colors and immoral response. Anyway we knew terms and conditions upon booking where we the buyer would be up the creek without a paddle if we cancelled or missed our trip and no refund, understood.

However when Covid happened DR closed their borders a few days before the wedding ultimately meaning CB would be the ones to cancel the trip which no stipulations were never stated in the terms and conditions if they cancelled on the consumer (as I guess they never thought they see the day they'd cancel on consumers) as we were still planning on going until we realized the borders and resorts were closing. In order for CB to cover their tail around March 19th or so they revised their website terms and conditions overnight in order to state that they would not be entitled to issue any refunds upon any circumstances, 75% if insured. So I became furious after realizing what they had done, spent hours trying to reach Customer Service in which finally I did and they shrugged their shoulders and said no refund even after pointing out that they were unethical to revise their terms in order to keep our money.

They said they would only issue a travel credit for a wedding that has been postponed until next year more than likely out the 1 year window, we needed our money back for essential items during the crisis which they did not care and did not have their crystal ball handy to tell me on what date Covid 19 would just disappear within the 1 year time frame and we go back to happy and safe travels. When asked "well how are you going to just tell us travel within the next year and nobody knows how long this will last?!"...not much of a response as they don't.

There is currently a class action suit against most of airlines for doing the same thing as not delivering and keeping consumers money even after getting bailed out by the government and I really hope CB in next. Also CB should know how a company treats their consumers during a crisis such as Covid will speak volumes and if that company still stands when the dust settles. I pray CB put our money they stole towards a rainy day as I don't see them surviving, nor should they as unethical practice of business shall never be taken lightly.

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2021

We were able to take a vacation. Not one we expected to take due to all the crazy Covid mandates, variations, mandate, vax requirements and changes…. One never knew what to expect. There was no issues with the trip or the reservations were fine and no hiccups! Thank you CCV for following through.

Original review: June 11, 2020

My husband and I purchased all inclusive tickets for a hotel and excursion for a week in Punta Cana, my son's wedding week. Covid hit and naturally we called and they told us via recording to wait 72 hours before the trip to cancel. I waited a couple weeks and sent an email and they responded stating they could not do it via email and would have to speak to us. So I called and spoke with a lady "Sam". She was seriously put out dealing with me. She stated at that time they were not authorized to give anyone refunds but she would give me a voucher. I told her that my son's wedding wasn't taking place and I wanted a refund. She kept me on hold on and off for approximately 45 minutes. At one point she stated it wouldn't have mattered whether I had insurance or not. She stated she was canceling my reservations and she would mail me a voucher. I told her she could send me a full refund. She finally just got off the phone.

I sent several other emails, to no avail, receiving responses that I needed to have insurance. Finally, I went to the Better Business Bureau for assistance. I am at a stand still as they refuse to refund our money. In the meantime, no one who had insurance received their money, they never figured out what they can or can't offer and we have one month to use the voucher and I lost my job over Covid and who can drop everything and just take a vacation? Not to mention the wedding isn't happening there.... it is already over!! I have used them for all my travel but after this, I see how they treat long time customers and will NEVER use them again. They were horrible!!

Original review: June 4, 2020

During the 2020 Pandemic our vacation was of course cancelled. Rebooking was the issue. They don't tell you Airlines are REQUIRED to refund you but you have to know that. To rebook you must call and wait. (Total of 3 hours 12 min) for me. She first informs me "no flights with your carrier". I didn't accept that so on hold again 1.5 hours. Then they tell me I can only book with the original carrier, even though they only have a single flight each day at terrible times and they were now the most expensive! They did end up making the cost comparable so what else could I do but accept. Then I learn that they could have refunded me and I could have booked the flights I wanted. NOT HAPPY! Going forward I will use a Travel Agent.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I used Cheap Caribbean to purchase a vacation for my husband and I. Because of the unforeseen circumstances, Covid19, we were unable to take this trip. In requesting a refund for this vacation I was denied. I was told that because I did not purchase insurance, which would have only given me back 75%, that I was pretty much screwed. I do not want a travel credit because as you know financially many of us are struggling right now. I am a senior citizen and I need my funds to survive. Work hours have been reduced for myself as well as my husband. This is not acceptable. Needless to say, I will not be using Cheap Caribbean anymore and I recommend no one else does without doing their research. It is not okay to take advantage of consumers like this, especially in the middle of a global pandemic. Very sad!

Original review: May 8, 2020

After 17 hours and only 4 phone calls (and I'm not exaggerating). I will never contact CheapCaribbean again. A Class Action Law Suit should be filed against them. Their terms and conditions at the time of our booking for 26 individuals stated if we cancel or make changes we will be subject to fees and only a credit voucher will be given. We didn't cancel our trip, the airlines and CheapCaribbean canceled, and the airlines refunded them.

I would not have dreamed if CheapCaribbean canceled we would not be refunded. In fact, Sun Country shut down all flight south of Dallas through June, 2020 because they were given permission from the Department of Transportation. At the time of booking, our hotel had a 7 day prior to arrival cancel policy, and then we had reserved 3 vans for transportation to and from the hotel to the airport. We attempted to rebook as a group, but they can't get all 26 people on flights at the same time or even around the same time during an appropriate time frame. Plus, to book at the same hotel, same room and a flight was a $150 more a person. We were told we would just have to use our credits separately. We have 8 senior boys who's last year of school was taken away from them, and they now can't go on a trip together with their families.

When asking about the credit for the vans, we were told we would have to work it out on our own. Since we will not be going as a group we don't need the 3 vans or the credit for 3 vans. DO NOT USE THEM!!! They have basically ripped us off for about $22,000.00. Some of the parents are laid off, money is tight, and when we go back to work many of us are going to have a hard time taking a vacation within the time frame of the voucher. I am disgusted by them. You can only speak to a customer service rep, you can't ever speak to a manager. Even e-mailing them, they respond with you must call their 1-800 #. Stay far, far, far away.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I agree with the recent negative reviews regarding Covid issues. Like others, I completely understand our trip was cancelled (flight was cancelled first). However, by law we are not required to take a credit or file a trip-insurance claim - that is a lie, at least in the US. The US DOT has mandated a refund in cases where a flight is cancelled. I paid you for something that you could not deliver, now I want my money back in full. I have used them many times in the past but never again. I also understand that your company is probably experiencing many financial troubles but so are the people that have booked vacations far in advance of Covid issues.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Booked a vacation for March 23, 2020 to Punta Cana dr. through Cheap Caribbean approx 2500 dollars paid for better insurance. Had to cancel few days prior to the 23rd due to Coronavirus pandemic. The week my vacation was supposed to take place the Dominican Republic stop flights coming in from most destinations. Thought this would definitely be no problem. Should of received credit for future vacay. Boy was I wrong. After many calls where nobody picks up I finally got through a gentle put me on hold for an hour to come back and tell me I would be losing an substantial amount.

When I questioned him on how much he would not give me an answer and told me to file a claim through Trip Mate insurance another roadblock. I submitted all claim forms with all supporting documentation via certified mail delivered March 20th. Still haven’t heard anything back no emails, calls, no money. This is nothing short of criminal. My friend booked the same hotel trip through Orbitz same week just a shorter stay. He went online with orbitz to cancel they refunded his full charge to his credit card within 5 days and and gave him full credit on his flights. He took out no insurance. How is that possible? Sound like Cheap Caribbean is keeping all these reimbursements and telling people to go through insurance.

Original review: May 3, 2020

Cheap Caribbean/Apple Vacations are worst company I have had to deal with. Trip was canceled due to Coronavirus which is understandable. But now we can't get the "pdf" credit they keep sending us an email about. They said to call for refund but when we do we spend hours on hold only to be transferred to different people and eventually get disconnected. We didn't cancel. Cheap Caribbean did. Now we can't get an answer on what is going on. It has been almost 3 months now trying to get an answer. STAY AWAY from Cheap Caribbean/Apple. They have little to no customer service and won't even give an answer on where our money or credit is.

Original review: May 2, 2020

Like many people, my trip to Jamaica isn’t going to happen because of COVID-19. We called Cheap Caribbean (CC) and it was a long wait (for comparison you Chase Visa doesn’t have a call center right now) but we got to speak with a very nice person who was helpful. CC has an option to pay 50% upfront and 50% when you go on the trip. Great option. We canceled and won’t have to pay the second installment. And have a 400 CC credit until late 2021 and a 2200 Delta credit until 2022. I am fine with this since I didn’t have trip insurance. Also, if I were to upset with a company it would be delta. Please don’t believe all the hysterical reviewers. Troubled times. I will remember that CC was a great option to book through.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Don’t ever use this company. Coronavirus, and still giving people a hard time. Expedia was GREAT with canceling, FULL refunds Within seconds. These are the times when you don’t take advantage of people. Just sick. We got the run around, the very moody and mean customer service people (which should be happy they have a job). They would not let us cancel and only willing to give a voucher That would only last a few months. Sorry we can’t just get up and vacation any day we want with an expiration Date of a few months away. Also, how would you know it’s safe to travel at this time and IF it is, will people be ready for that? I know you don’t care about the people, your customers, but seriously just try to be good people, it’s really not that hard... times like these, people are either coming together or being the broken link to the entire world... that’s you.

There are people out there saving lives, maybe even yours one day, people unable to be with their family, people dying, suffering, unable to put food on the table and this company, no heart in a desperate time. If you have a voucher with NO expiration Date (an exception because of the hard times) you’d still have customers, you’d still have our business, you’d have a heart... maybe you wouldn’t have a 1 or 2 star rating... maybe you’d even have a 5 star but as a company that could do the right thing, you are choosing to be the little bit of bad in the world.

Lucky for you, you made a little money off of ALL of your clients...but how many customers do you think you’ll keep now? It doesn’t look like I’m the only one that gave you a bad rating, I think everyone has lately. It’s too bad because you could choose to be a good business or you could choose to be a heartless business. Had you just offered a voucher that did not have a expiration date. You do not deserve anyone's business.

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information