Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.01/5

Doylestown, PA

233 CheapCaribbean.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 13, 2019

I booked my stay with Cheap Caribbean to go attend a wedding. I paid to stay in a deluxe room but instead when I arrived the room was not ready and I was put in a standard room. They moved me to a room with roaches and right next to construction so loud I would no get any rest. To make it worse the front desk staff at the RIU were very unprofessional. To add insult to injury they offered me no real apology or resolution to reimburse me for a room I overpaid for. Getting responses to issues takes weeks and the customer service line requires that I wait for 3 hours on the phone.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Good afternoon, as I am writing this review I am currently on Delta Flight 790 on my way back home to New York City from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. My wife and I booked our trip from May 2nd - May 7th with high hopes for this resort called Be Live Collection. I paid $2,385.76 As per Cheap Caribbean this resort was a 4.5 star hotel which in reality is a 2.5 hotel and I am very disappointed with this resort as well as my stay. As soon as you come in a lot of salespeople come up and try to sell you everything and won’t take no for an answer. I got this my whole trip. "Why me?" is what I asked this whole trip.

On May 2nd we arrived at Be Live Collection, our room was ready but once we got introduced to our Rep Jose he stated that we are not allowed to eat at one of the La Carte restaurants until the next day because all of their restaurants which were only 6 on the adult only side, Lobster House, Japanese/Hibachi, Steakhouse, Brazilian, Mexican, and Italian all require a reservation from 7 am - 2 pm and the reservation has to be made the following day and the system only allows the staff to book reservations the day of. So we had to settle for the market buffet which the food was cold, and all of the waiters literally hound around you waiting for a tip, which was awkward.

After we got introduced to our butler, Fednon ** who was absolutely the greatest. It is sad he has to be a part of that establishment, he is very upscale and very professional, and has a great personality and smile. He showed us our room, added us on WhatsApp and never left our side from reservations to activities and as far as late checkout.

The package was VIP adult only Master Sea View room and our room was 1159, ground floor. The room vent was leaking and the air quality was not so good, our room phone didn’t work and our toilet stopped up on the last day. The jacuzzi outside was dirty and the hot tub inside was dirty as well. There is no peak-hole so opening the door when someone knock is a risk within itself. Housekeeping enters the room throughout the day without knocking, now imagine being in a intimate moment, will be very awkward. They also don’t restock towels often or might forget to add towels.

Once entered the room outside is where we met our waiter for the snack bar Yeison another delightful young guy who cater to us from day one until the day we left. He’s another worker I feel sorry for working at that establishment. Everything is Pre-cooked at that resort and is never freshly served. The snack bar has a menu which consist of steak, fish, hotdogs, fries, which are the main foods to choose from. The bar has basic liquor and the staff is very nice and like to party. We were on the adult only but their adult only consisted of relaxation and older men and women more of a retirement type of vacation, and although it was VIP the other side of the resort was able to come over as well. There was exterminators there because of the pest problems they had. Stray cats as well for the mice I guess. The shows were amazing and the instructor for the activities Candy is very motivated and loves her job.

The next day we was introduced to Richard who booked our excursions, we had booked fun park which was $250 for two people and it included zip line, buggies, safari, and horseback riding. What Richard didn’t tell us was that with that specific company it is 1 hour away from the resort and the activities consist of a lot of walking from one excursion to the next. We also booked scape park which we got the VIP package which included snorkeling, natural pool, cave, and lobster lunch on the beach which cost $250.00, we love lobster and that was the only package that had it, once we got there we discovered it was no lobster at all from March-June. The last excursion was to see the dolphins perform which was a $100.00 and once we got there they told us that the pictures was $150.00, which is more than the excursion which was insane for a picture of kissing dolphins.

Within the excursion day I had told my butler that I will not be back in time to make reservations can he make them? He told me yes and confirmed a reservation for two at Japanese/Hibachi restaurant at 8 pm. I thought it was going to be a blast. Boy was I wrong. We arrived and as soon as we arrived it began racism. My wife and I were standing outside the restaurant and no one never came to greet us. After 10 minutes we decided to go inside and greet them. At the entrance door inside John ** tried to find other things to do instead of greeting us.

After another 10 minutes of waiting he finally came to us pointed in the direction of outside and we had to go back outside. Then a ** lady came and asked for a plastic cup for her drink and he rushed over to her and accommodated her by going back inside, grabbed a plastic cup for her. And once he came back outside turned around and asked room number and looked on his paper and said, "No I am sorry. I don’t see you." He rechecked twice and said we weren’t there. I explained Fednon spoke to the hostess and the hostess confirmed we had a reservation. "Can I speak to the manager?" He said, "That's me." John ** continue to say no and he couldn’t do anything for us and walked away and left us outside.

I had to personally go to the front desk which I was greeted by Hector the VIP front desk staff whom is another great worker and who goes above and beyond for people, however when Hector went over to John ** he also told him no as well and he had to get Hector had to get his supervisor involved and he had to call over and demand that John ** let us in. After the commotion my wife and I went back to the restaurant with Hector, and John ** said he “forgot“ seated us and apologized, but I am not buying he forgot at all. I believe he just saw people of ** and didn’t want us to come in. He was very unprofessional, very disrespectful, and very inconsiderate.

I thought that the hotel was over the restaurant and all VIP members should be accommodated when the unexpected happen. However that was not the case and it was unacceptable. What I can tell you is the Hibachi food is awesome and the chefs make this a great experience despite the staff. The second experience we went back again. This time John ** was our host again. He seated us and rolled his eyes in the process. Very unpleasant. But when three ** women came he laughed and was super happy.

After the food was done my wife got up only midway and he snatched the chair by John ** like what is going on it was like a circus there. After he escorted the ** women outside for dessert and Later that night someone approached us why we was walking back to our room in regards to our complaint and come to find out he was the manager another gem in this rough resort. I loved him he was so concerned and reassured us that he will make a complaint and it will not go unnoticed, if you are reading this I love you hun and keep being that boss that you are!!!

We also tried the Lobster House which was suppose to be a seafood restaurant, unfortunately they didn’t have lobster and the main courses was not seafood. My advice is if peak season is March-June then the lobster house should not be open until that time, and maybe add more seafood to the menu. There is a burger/wing spot that has there burgers already cooked waiting for someone to pick it up. When I received my cheeseburger someone had bit into it so I returned it to the chef and he looked, peeked through it, threw it away and handmade me another one.

I heard so many no, and not possible from this resort. At one point I just wanted to check out and not look back. We decided to check out the clubs one on the resort one off the resort. The Cave which is a underground club cave and was off the resort $30.00 per person with entry, and transportation and $65.00 with open bar all night. The music was okay but the second D.J. replayed the first D.J. songs and it was a repeat. Seriously The Cave should of been called The Chimney because you are allowed to smoke and my lungs couldn’t survive. A piece of advice please do me the favor and add a smoking section away from the main section of the club because second hand smoke is a killer. I can promise you.

Throughout my vacation I had headaches over the Be Live Collection. I will not be returning, and I will not recommend this resort to anyone. Two thumbs down. In this is my all honest opinion. What Be Live didn’t know about me is I am a travel blogger, have traveled around the world and do reviews on the resort. These resort doesn’t know when I am coming and I pay for my trips and work for myself. Good Riddance!! If anyone resorts will like to write in regards to me rating their hotel, and etc please email me at **. I travel all over the world.

Advice to resort: Please train your employees to not be so aggressive in making a sale for the resort when people are trying to enjoy their vacation. If we want to support we will! Next update the rooms and check to make sure that everything is working before allowing people to book. Next train your housekeepers to knock. Also train your waiters to be kind to all people not just specific group of people “**”. Food: 3, Service: 3, Room: 3.5.

Original review: May 8, 2019

DO NOT USE CHEAP CARIBBEAN!!! I booked our vacation and tried to call them to cancel the Shearing Transportation from airport to the hotel. CALLED and was on hold for 2 HOURS the first time and more than 1 HOUR and 30 MINUTES for the second time!!! ALSO EMAILED. NO ANSWER. NO HELP. After 3 days of trying they told me that the company IS NON REFUNDABLE!!! No money to get back. No satisfaction. No NOTHING. A lot of "NO"... It's a TRAP!!! Total lies. This Company should be put out of business. Look for Expedia or Costco Travel. It's better anyway. I will never book with CheapCaribbean.com!!

Original review: May 6, 2019

I went to this hotel with a group of 15 friends for my 40th birthday. I booked my trip through CheapCaribbean and made sure the agent knew what I was looking for. I was told the standard room was “courtyard view”. Instead, I got a ground level room and the “view” was a wall with barb wire above it. Behind the wall there were always men in the bushes waiting for us to step out so they can offer weed. I wasn’t warned, so when I stepped out to hang my swimsuit up, I nearly had a heart attack when the men started talking to me. Sometimes security would be walking that back area “to make sure they don’t get in”.

When I spoke to the agent before booking, I asked how safe the resort was because I had heard about a ** by an employee at a resort in the area. A couple locals told me this is the resort it happened after I arrived. I later found the information online. My friend asked a hotel employee to show me how to properly lock the back door because we didn’t feel safe. The male employee came to my room begrudgingly, locked loudly at my door, and just stared rudely at me until I asked him to explain that he was there. He told me he was told to check the lock. He was extremely rude while in there making me even more uncomfortable. The majority of the staff was rude, the food was not good, but most importantly I felt unsafe the unrelaxed during my stay. If you do go to this resort, do not get the standard room and insist on a room on the upper level.

Original review: May 6, 2019

My husband and I booked months in advance a trip to the DR Romana Viva Wyndham Beach resort, as we have been to the same county over 12 times and have always had nothing but great experiences at all the resorts we have stayed in. We had reserved a garden view bungalow with two queen size beds (so our almost two year old would have a place to sleep). Upon arriving to our destination we were told that the hotel was sold out and we would have to wait to the morning. With a baby and no place to go they offered us to stay in an employee room, it was dirty, roaches everywhere a sink being held up with wooden sticks and a small bed with a pad on it.

I refused to stay or put our toddler in that situation and asked for a cancellation and refund to go to another resort. They told us that CheapCaribbean booked a slot of rooms per hotel and our room was given to the last reservation as we arrived at 4:30pm and check in was at 3pm. I have never heard of such a thing and was totally hysterical at this point when a manager came to us to tell us they would give us a room when the next person checked out. We had no other choice but to wait for that after traveling for almost 6 hours with a toddler. We were then given a room with a queen size bed and asked if they had a crib or playpen (as many normal resorts do have). They came in with a crib that was falling apart, dirty and told us to us the bedsheets as the cover for the pad.

It was the worst resort I have ever seen, after walking to five different restrooms not one had a changing table of the five, two had broken toilets with all kinds of floating things in them. By the evening as we thought it couldn’t get any worse it sure did, as we decided to ask for an iron and an ironing board (as many normal resorts all have one in the room already) they told us they did not know if there was one for us to use. After 2 hours and 15 mins of waiting we finally had someone deliver it to our room.

By now to have dinner with a toddler at 9:30 at night what else did we things can go wrong. When we arrive to the main restaurant it was totally a disaster, the ice machines were broken, the soda machines were broken, the serving spoons were missing and people were actually putting their hands into the food to serve themselves. The dollar menu at McDonald’s had more selections than they did, it was a total disaster from the dirty tables to the dirty floors completely understaffed.

Meanwhile it’s owned by two of the richest families in the hotel business. Not to mention the snack bar by the pool area that was open during the day time had one person making the pizza, fries and hot dogs all on his own for the 1000 plus people so the food was gone within mins. By the next day we were ready to leave calling the airlines to find out only one seat available the next day and an additional $1,000 spend. If you are looking for a nice, clean and family friendly resort this is definitely not the one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: May 6, 2019

I booked with Cheap Caribbean my vacations to Dominican Republic. I upgraded the flight seats to the one they said was extra legroom, you would get to sit together and you would get a drink of your choice. None of this happened. I called and the person who answer the phone was very rude and did not have me the opportunity to explain my situation. He keep on saying I didn’t pay for that. So basically the upgrade for the the flight is a big LIE. They don’t warranty any of that was the answer I got. Please read carefully and check your flight before you step a foot in the airport. Ohh and no money back.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I purchased a cruise through Cheap Caribbean. Things seem to go smoothly. I was encouraged to buy trip insurance. At the cost of $1050 for two of us I did purchase it. My husband became very ill 3 months before the cruise. It has been 4 months since I canceled the cruise and filed an insurance claim. Even with assistance from the agent, I can't get any refund. The cruise line told me that the insurance was declined. Every time I speak to someone at Cheap Caribbean, they give me bad information. My advice is to always book directly with the cruise line. It is not worth risking that much money to a shady company. I paid over $13,000 for a cruise for two.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Booked a trip with 7 people to Cancun. Unexpectedly fell pregnant prior a month prior to the trip. Doctor said that I cannot travel there due to the Zika virus and need to cancel my trip. They said no way. Tickets are nonrefundable and even with a medical letter you cannot get your money back. She even had the audacity to say how dangerous it would be if I went, but too bad because she can’t do anything about getting me a refund. I have never in my life had such a horrible experience booking with a company.

They are owned by Apple Vacations I believe so I wouldn’t even book with them anymore. All they want is your money. The airlines said if I would have purchased through them they would have gladly refunded my money, but since the travel agency holds the tickets there’s not much they can do. Do not use them please. There are better ways to book vacations. This company is a scam, and has the absolute worse customer support that I have ever encountered.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I booked my trip roughly about 2 weeks ago. It was my 5th time using Cheap Caribbean because I have had nothing but good things to say about them but while booking this vacation I ended up paying $2,100 for a 5 night stay at the Barcelo Maya Beach & Caribe for my Fiancee and I. Looking on the website today 3-28-19, I am able to book the same vacation, same stay with all the things I wanted prior for $1,400. What a big difference, this is complete ** and have never had this happen before.

I then decided to call in to Support and see if they can assist me and tell me why two weeks later it changed by that drastic amount and she said "Considering it's not within a 24 hour time span I am unable to do anything for you" I am absolutely enraged. This will be my LAST vacation with Cheap Caribbean as the price difference is that different and someone unable to do anything. I understand process and protocol but Jesus Christ. Help me out a little bit here. How frustrating. I will make sure everyone I know does not choose Cheap Caribbean as their vacation planning website. Complete BS.

Original review: March 26, 2019

My sister and I booked separate reservations to the Bahamas through CheapCaribbean. Unfortunately after comparing itineraries we noticed we had booked different flights. The mix up did happen outside the cancellation period of 24 hours. I reached out to CheapCaribbean to change the 1st leg of our trip so that I can travel with the rest of my party. After explaining the mistake I was told that there is a $200 per person flight change fee plus a $50 rebooking fee. Since my wife and I are on the reservation that would total $500 to change (2) $119 tickets. I ended up changing my flight through JetBlue for a reasonable $75 flight change fee each totaling $150.

CheapCaribbean had the ability to charge a modest change flight fee but instead decided to try to price gouge an additional $350 over actual cost. I have used CheapCaribbean in the past without issue but due to their customer services attempt to collect way over the actual costs I will stick to booking through JetBlue Vacations from now on.

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information