2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Doylestown, PA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.59/5

Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

CheapCaribbean.com Reviews

Original review: July 20, 2019

My husband and I called CheapCaribbean (CC for the rest of this review) to book a trip to the Bahamas in June. We have used CC in the past and we wanted to stay at the same place we did the last two times. The Breezes Bahamas. We did not even think to look at their website since we had been there before. We told the booking agent what we wanted, including the fact that we were looking for a place for adults to relax. She found the hotel and booked our trip. Easy, we are all set! Not so fast...

We get to the Breezes Bahamas at noon, no problem. Our room is not ready yet, so we say "No problem" we can wait at the beach. During this conversation, the counter agent asked us if were told that there were going to be a lot of kids there. WHAT?!? NO, we were not told, nor do we want anything to do with a lot of kids running around. "What is going on," we asked. He points to a large banner out front. It is "Grad Week" and the resort is full of 16-18 year olds!! As we were discussing it with the counter agent, a bus full of 100+ teenagers pull up and they start piling out. THIS WILL NOT WORK!! The only kids we want to see have four legs and are waiting for scraps under our breakfast table! This is not the mature adult relaxing atmosphere we were looking forward to. More like Spring Break on steroids!

We proceed to call CC and wait and wait and wait for someone to pick up the hold line. I explain the situation and the agent on the line tells me that they were not aware of any "Grad Week" so it is not their fault and we will need to deal with it. How could they not know about it I argue? She puts me on hold then comes back and says she pulled up their website and that there is nothing on the site about it. She repeats that there is nothing they can do, and we will just need to deal with it. Did I mention that I had to move four times in order to find a quiet place where I could hear the agent?

While I am on hold, my husband has found the resort manager. I tell her what CC said and she verified what I knew in the first place. They tell all their partners when their events are over a year in advance and it is posted on their website. I pull up their website on my phone and there it is – Grad Week is held May -June 2019. We would have seen this if we looked at the site, but instead we depended on our travel company to make us aware of these types of events. The manager was very understanding and told us if we did not check in, she would release our room and we would not be obligated to pay. That’s great but now what?

I call CC back and am on hold for eternity until someone answers. I tell them who I am and had to repeat the entire situation. They put me on hold again, so I wait on hold, wasting international phone minutes and a beautiful afternoon in the Bahamas. After three more hold times, I am finally told they will try to find us another place to stay and do I know what places are around there. Isn’t that their job?? Luckily, I am familiar with the area and told them two resorts that I knew of close by. After three hours of waiting to hear back, they call to tell me that they can get us into the resort next door for the same price we paid, but it is not all inclusive. This won’t work because we were not expecting to pay for all our meals and drinks and do not wish to do so now. I tell her we will wait to hear from the all-inclusive one.

Another hour goes by and we finally get the call saying we have a room at that Melia but that we will have to pay $180. I argue with the agent until finally they agree to cover the cost. It is 7pm by the time we take a cab to the Melia. Our first day is wasted because of a simple detail that CC knew about and tried to act like they didn’t. I do have to say that the Melia is AWESOME and we will be staying there the next time we travel to the Bahamas. Much more sophisticated with free paddle boards which we thoroughly enjoyed. AND no drunk teenagers puking in the pool or smoking inside the building. Finally, vacation can begin. So, the review has a happy ending, right? Not so fast...

On the 4:30PM return flight home, I find out that we could catch an earlier flight in our connecting city. We got off the plane and head to the gate where the earlier flight would be leaving. No problem the counter agent said. There would be a $25 per person change fee. $25 beats waiting in Charlotte for almost four hours. I give her my credit card and there is a problem. The system is not allowing her to change the flight. Why? Because it was booked through CC. The only way we can make a change it to go through CC. Oh boy.

I make the call and I wait. And wait. And wait. We have an hour before the flight leaves, I should be able to get to someone, right? This is something else I would investigate before booking with them. I have never seen or dealt with this before and did not know there was even a restriction. I have my husband call on his phone and choose new reservation thinking that maybe he can get through sooner than I can on the customer service line. He waits. The clock is ticking, and the flight is boarding. I pled with the agents to let us change the flight but even though there are 16 empty seats on the flight, there is nothing they can do since we booked through CC.

After 20 minutes, my husband gets through to someone and I take the phone. Unfortunately, they are unable to do anything since it is the wrong department. I stress the urgency of the call hoping to get transfer immediately and he tells me that there are three people in line before me and “Good Luck”. With the doors closing, we give up, knowing we are sticking around the airport a few more hours because our booking company would not answer the phone. Thanks, CheapCaribbean. Disappointing start, disappointing finish.

Original review: July 18, 2019

CheapCaribbean.com very nearly ruined our recent trip to Cancun. Arrived in Mexico to having no room reservation on file with hotel because someone in the CheapCaribbean.com company failed to notify the hotel of our stay, despite managing to send us the itinerary listing the hotel with the dates. Upon calling to sort things out, met only headache and heartache because, while they were able to get us a room for our vacation, we lost the upgrade we were looking forward to. And, despite being reassured we would be refunded the difference for that upgrade, had to have the bank dispute the charges once we got home to see that refund and they also offered no other resolution or restitution for the trouble they caused us.

Original review: July 16, 2019

On their site they say book with confidence - they have a price match guarantee. If you book through them and find a cheaper rate elsewhere within the first 24 hours, not only will they beat your price, but they'll give you a $150 credit good toward a future booking. DISCLAIMER: If you plan to book through them thinking you'll get a price reduction and a future credit, please MAKE SURE you compare the name Cheapcaribbean.com calls the room, and the name the actual hotel calls the room. This happened to me. I booked a trip yesterday through Cheapcaribbean.com for 7 nights at the TRS Coral All Inclusive Adults-only resort in Cancun. On the TRS website, they call the room we booked a Junior Suite Swim Up room.

NOWHERE on their site is any mention of a "Royal" Junior Suite Swim Up room. That's because there isn't one. Cheapcaribbean.com calls it that, though, so that they can say you are comparing apples to oranges when you try to file a price match claim. Expedia.com actually offered the same trip we booked for less, but they called the room (what it should be called according to TRS Coral's own website) - the Junior Suite Swim Up room. Because it did not match EXACTLY the name that Cheapcaribbean.com MADE UP - the Royal Junior Suite Swim Up - they denied my claim and will not honor their claim to beat the better price I found and offer the $150 credit. I am extremely disappointed and I am waiting to hear how my BBB complaint is resolved. If it's not satisfactory, I will never book through Cheapcaribbean.com again.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Do not purchase from this company! I booked a trip with them and paid extra to be able to cancel anytime. I called the company to cancel and it always says that they are experiencing high call volume no matter when you call. I waited for 2.5 hrs on the phone and no one ever came to the phone. I tried to cancel on their website and when you follow the links to cancel they only say to call or email. I emailed them 4 different times and no one got back to me. I will never use these guys again. They are not even that good of a deal as they claim. I was able to book same trip with another company for same price.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Called Cheap Caribbean 3 different times and on hold for several hours with zero pick up from company. I have used company in the past but didn't have to contact them for question. Company is a joke and last time they will be used. (How are you not able to ask a question for 7 thousand dollar vacation)?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: July 3, 2019

Booked a trip to the DR. Of course people start dying, so my entire party changes their destination. Those that had the time to wait 3 hours on the phone were able to make the change while Delta had a waiver in Domingo. I’ve now waited the 3 hours for them to tell me to call Delta. Called Delta, they were happy to make the change for me but couldn’t because they don’t have a breakdown of the charges. They said to call back to Cheap Caribbean and speak to a supervisor. (3 more hours.) They “can't” because of Delta's policy. But won’t provide me with a breakdown for the charges so that I can remedy with Delta, they WILL however give me a verbal breakdown! Why? Are they overcharging airfare? So let me y’all to a supervisor, NOPE, “I can email a supervisor and ask him to call you”. DON'T DO IT. Book anywhere else!

Original review: June 28, 2019

3 hour hold times to get any help and no response to emails. Beware if you decide to book with them! We needed to make changes to our reservation and were not able to in touch with anyone from customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I booked a trip to DR, decided to change my vacation due to issues and travel advisories with travel to DR. They told me the airlines charge a change fee of $200 per person (we are 3 people). After changing everything I called the airline and was told they are waiving the change fees and I would have to call the travel agent for the refund. Cheap Caribbean told me it is not true. I called the airlines again and they told me my reservation does not have a price breakdown on it, since it was booked as a bulk ticket. All I need is a price breakdown showing I was charge a change fee and they will be happy to credit me.

I was told by Cheap Caribbean after 3 hours on hold that I would need to speak with a supervisor in order to obtain this information. It has been over a week and they have not called me back. Now I can't get anyone on the phone for over a week (I've waited on hold 4 times over 2 hours and need to hang up since I work). If the airlines charged the fees they just need to show me proof so I can be credited. My opinion is they are charging people to change their flights and keeping the extra money as profit. I will never use them again!!

Original review: June 26, 2019

We were scheduled to fly out Saturday, June 22, 2019 for our trip to Cozumel. I became ill Thursday morning @2:00 am and was admitted to the hospital. The same morning, when we found out that I will be in the hospital for a few days, my husband called CheapCaribbean.com immediately. First call, he waited over an hour and had to hang up when doctors walked in. Second attempt, he got a recording stating it's a 179 minutes wait. 3rd attempt, that afternoon, he decided to connect with “existing reservation” instead of cancellation. Waited about 45 minutes and as soon as rep found out we wanted to cancel, he immediately transferred us without giving us a chance to explain. We got transferred to cancellation and recording stated 479 minutes. He gave up that night.

We tried again Friday and Saturday without luck. We weren’t able to call back until Monday, June 24. I waited 2 hrs and 40 minutes. Finally got a live person and request a cancellation confirmation email from them. NOTE: We’re not asking for a refund, just a letter. 30 hrs later, we still have not received anything from them. Do not book with this company. They are quick to book your trip and once you have paid in full, you will not hear from them again.

Original review: June 14, 2019

We booked a trip to the Dominican Republic. Because of the increased deaths and safety concern, we called to look at our options to travel to a different resort. We are about two months away from our trip so we have made arrangements well in advance so we had plenty of time to make other arrangements. They kept me on hold for over 3.5 hrs at a time and when they finally answered the phone, they were extremely rude and transferred me to 3 different people before I got disconnected. I had to call back and wait another 3 hrs. They nickeled and dimed me to change my flight and hotel. Safety is not a concern to them regardless of the cautions issued by the Dept of Homeland Security. DO NOT BOOK TRAVEL HERE! It has been the worst experience with a travel agency ever!

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information