Doylestown, PA

1.0/5 (52 ratings)

About CheapCaribbean.com

CheapCaribbean.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Be more accommodating with regards to customer service during COVID-19. After at least six phone calls with customer service from March 2021 - September 2021, you offered to extend our $876 travel credit on from our reservation code, **, from 21 August 2021 to 31 December 2021. Instead, you gave us the big runaround and reneged on the offer, citing the company policy line. You have lost a customer. Regards, Chauncey **. ** (cell)

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANY TRAVEL NEEDS!!!! We have been continually lied to and dismissed by this company for over a year and a half regarding a trip scheduled and canceled in April of 2020. We were set to travel in April of 2020 when, because of the pandemic, had to cancel our plans. Because of the circumstances we were comfortable with Cheap Caribbean giving us credit for our trip, as we hoped to do the trip at some point in the future. We continued to communicate with the company regarding how long the credit would be good for, alternatives, etc. Multiple calls to the company with multiple representatives let us know that we had an airline credit and a trip credit.

In the spring of 2021, we decided to utilize our credits by traveling to the US Virgin Islands as we are not comfortable traveling internationally at this time. They informed us that we had to travel with our original air carrier (which was a CANADIAN airline, we live in the UNITED STATES). The borders have been closed so we were unable to travel to Canada to use the credit with this specific airline. We booked the trip with our 'travel' credits and had to pay additionally out of pocket for the airfare for the trip. We were informed by Cheap Caribbean that WestJet has our air credits. We contacted WestJet to find out our options for usage given that we are unable to travel to Canada to use their airlines.

WestJet informed us that Cheap Caribbean has our credits/money and they cannot help us directly. Upon speaking to various representatives for hours, conference calls between the airline and the company, emails and promises of call back - the company is not refunding our credits, not allowing us to book a flight through them with the SPECIFIC airline they SAY we have to use due to them having our credits. The only option they are giving us is to book ANOTHER trip with them to a Caribbean location (even though WestJet flies to US destinations).

They have STOLEN $1600 dollars from us with no recourse, no options and no care. We have already worked to use our credits with them, were told LIES about being able to use our air credit, and have continued to LIE to us regarding who has our money. This will be posted on every review website and reported to every agency possible. Do not use these crooks. They will steal your money, not communicate, not assist, and you will waste your life trying to get any resolution.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

If you are reading this review before you purchased a package from CheapCarribean.com, don’t do business with them. The company offers you a good deal package, goes all the way to get your money, sells you protection plan in case you need to cancel or change, but cancelling your trip and receive your money back is not possible. My 83 years old mother purchased a package during COVID pandemic with protection plan. She called company before purchasing to confirm she can make changes or cancel. She explained that due to her age and health conditions she needs to have ability to cancel and she was assured by the business that she can do it any time. She paid over $2800 as a deposit. 10 days later, her doctor advised her not to travel, and she called to cancel.

Now I will describe multiple phone calls, emails and interaction with the company to cancel this package. 1) My mother called to cancel. Customer service said they are not refunding airfare, they are not refunding cost of the protection plan, but we will receiving net credit (points for future travel) worth $400. 2) We called airline directly, and asked if it’s even legal to not refund airfare and can we cancel this airfare directly with the airline. The airline customer service cancelled the airfare and assured us that all airfares are refundable, can be cancelled any time during pandemic. However, the airline will have to return funds to the company who paid for the tickets.

3) We called cheapcarribean.com again. Now, we have airfare cancellation and email communication from the airfare. We are requesting to cancel the package and receive our money back. Customer service accepts the airfare cancellation, and adds airfare cost as points to future travel. Now we have $2400 worth of points. 4) We called again and again asking to get our money back. The only respond we get is ‘it is company policy’ not to refund customers in form of funds. 5) Once during my multiple phone calls someone suggested to write an email to headquarters, attach doctor's note and ask to cancel package for refund. We sent email, which returned with the message that mailbox is not monitored. 6) We filed report with consumer protection agency, credit card company and district attorney. This company is fraudulent. Do not do business with them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

My friends and I planned a girls trip to Cabo and we booked late 2019- early 2020 for April 2020. Once COVID hit the trip was canceled and we expected to get a refund. Most of the girls in our group did get refunds through their credit card but me and the friend I was splitting a room with didn't. Between the 2 of us it was over $1500 and we've tried to call them and the credit card company. I've also email numerous times and have gotten the same cookie cutter response. Their only offer was to have travel credits that expire December 2021.

This doesn't help when both of us work in healthcare and are short staffed, we aren't able to take time off work for this. We simply want a refund but the company is being greedy and taking advantage of people screwed by the pandemic. Every email response is auto generated with no attempt to actually solve the problem. And every attempt to call is met with an over 2 hour wait time that hangs up before a response is made. Have some empathy and a shred of human decency and give refunds for trips cancelled due to COVID.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I had to cancel our trip to Playa del Carmen on August 27 2021, due to new covid restrictions. The first guys said that he understood and many had to cancel due to Mexico changing covid restrictions. He said said they would credit back my account. That was over a month prior to the trip. I’ve called and emailed and gotten a different answer every time, a different person every time.... The last time they said to contact Uplift, then they blocked my phone # and my email address. This is the second bad dealing with them. The first I added on tours and rides from the airport, no one picked us up, we weren’t listed on any of the tours. They said it was a glitch and they eventually paid after three month of emails. This company is fast to take your money and run.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

It seems like you're getting a good deal, but that's because they discount your trip by taking off fees that you'll have to pay upfront when you get there. My trip ended up being over $500 dollars more after having to pay baggage fees and an 18% per night hotel fee (for chairs and towels)??? We honestly would have been much better off booking independently.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

We spent 3 days during our 10 year anniversary trip trying to get in contact with someone from Cheap Caribbean. While we were at our destination. I called once and spoke with an agent and chatted twice before our departure to Sunscape Akumal… We were told there would be no effect from the hurricane here but when we got there, we were informed that the air conditioning was down. The electricity was intermittent causing wifi issues and no phone. There were very few times during the first 3 days of our trip that we had the ability to reach out to anyone and that caused me to spend most of my time trying to use email and phone instead of relaxing.

The agent from cheap Caribbean that I spoke to AND both that I chatted with said the resort was fine, but it was miserable there. We couldn’t sleep, it was 90 degrees with high humidity and had no fix in sight. The humidity caused water to soak our floors. I fell twice and my wife fell once. We couldn't be moved from our room because every room was experiencing outages but we visited Secrets on our first full day there which is almost next door and they haven’t been affected at all. They had full power, AC was working and wifi was fine. We went there to see about buying a hotel package and received a resort credit.

We were extremely uncomfortable and unhappy, and feel like we wasted 1600 on our 10 year anniversary vacation. I attempted to call multiple times but we could not get through and the same with chat as soon as we arrived at the resort. I finally got through to a chat with an agent named Yeshpal and she told me to call. I explained that I cannot and she told me to email. I emailed multiple times but got an automated response. This was so unacceptable. I finally got through on the phone and was on hold with the agent while he looked for available resorts to switch to nearby. After 30 minutes I was disconnected. I called back and after a while on hold I received help from an agent who said we could switch to secrets or Dreams Tulum. We were told we had to pay the difference and pay for a cab to get there.

We could not stay one more sleepless night at the resort so we were forced to spend more money. So midway through our 10 year anniversary trip we switched resorts. A day after being at Dreams Tulum, I received an email from a Cheap Caribbean agent saying it looks like our issue was resolved. We are currently booking a family vacation for spring and we will definitely use an actual travel agent. We felt completely stranded using you guys. If there was a legitimate safety issue you guys would be nowhere to be found. Also, we have international calling on our phones with Verizon so that wasn’t an issue. The response that I got was “we are sorry.”

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Our flight was cancelled and Spirit refund us the cost of tickets, $581.98, but transferred to their credit card, since they had it in the file. I tried to transfer this refund from Cheap Caribbean to me, no luck. They do everything to keep your money. I sent 5 emails, and 2 calls with waiting time 60 min.

Resolution response: Aug. 26, 2021

My refund has been deposited. Very please with the quick response from the company.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Reservation # ** Based on these reviews, I'm not expecting my refund anytime soon. I had to cancel my trip due to testing positive for COVID-19. I was told 30-90 days. I don't understand why it takes that long for a refund. I want my money asap or I may seek legal advice as others have suggested.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

We had a trip to St Kitts Nevis in March of 2021 - everything with booking was OK. When we landed the chaos begun. They erroneously gave us a non existent flight home, which we had no idea, then ONE DAY before we are leaving they cancel the flight and book us on one that departs from A DIFFERENT ISLAND (they gave us a flight out of St Maarten when we were in St Kitts!!!). Cannot get ahold of anyone - absolute nightmare. Had to stay an extra night and absorb all the costs associated with their mistake.

The kicker, we had trip insurance which DENIED OUR CLAIM - so we were out around $500 plus aggravation. CheapCaribbean's solution??? Give us a $50 gift card towards trips with them in the future. NEVER AGAIN will I book through them. Customer service was terrible/mean, and good luck finding a valid number. The number pre printed on their emails is WRONG. Also, read through when buying trip insurance through TripMate/Nationwide - they often will not cover mistakes made by the carrier, etc.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

This is the second vacation package I have purchased. Neither package I received “what I paid for”. First vacation was November 2020, I excused the mess up seeing the pandemic was new and things could easily go wrong. Second was August 2021, my daughter’s 21st bday which was ruined by this company. We selected a resort in Santo Domingo In the Dominican Republic with ocean-front bungalows (an extra charge for the bungalows which I was glad to pay due to knee surgery. I can’t walk a great distance or steps I’m 2 months in recovery). The resort was overbooked, bungalows unavailable, I paid for them 2 months in advance! I was put on your 3rd floor no elevator!! I called Cheap Caribbean as soon as the mistake was discovered. (a 200.00 phone call and 2 hours on hold) I was told someone would have to call me back (no return call yet 08/17/2021).

All inclusive well that didn’t happen either. I read a review saying you could only eat at the restaurants 2 days during your stay. I had the Cheap Caribbean rep call the resort to see if the was accurate— they assured me this was not true information, we could make a reservation at all 7 restaurants each day of our stay— nope! 2 days! Period and only 2 restaurants were not booked. My daughter wanted seafood on her bday, she didn’t get it and was u able to get it our entire stay. They also promised us the resort would do something special for her bday. That didn’t happen either. The company has sold me rooms on both vacations that were not available upon arrival! So buyer beware!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Updated on 11/19/2021: UPDATE. Tried to get the money back from my bank And they said Cheap Caribbean told them they canceled because we didn't make the final payment. But the final payment was on auto pay. Looked back in my email and sure enough I have a confirmation of auto pay from cheap caribbean. I have sent this to my bank and Attorney. This is a drop in the bucket for them to fight to keep my money when they KNOW they are wrong is despicable.

Original Review: Booked with Cheap Caribbean months in advance for a trip to Cabo. A week before our trip they canceled our reservations and said that we didn't pay our final deposit. Gave us no notice about payment due. They had our bank account number and authorization where they could have taken the payment. Then when we tried to rebook they kept our $1300 saying it was a Penalty fee. When asking to speak to a supervisor they suddenly do not have one even though they're speaking to 1 when you're talking to them. They just keep blaming their "system".. Do not book to the site. They will steal your money. These people should be ashamed Of themselves. Taking advantage of people's savings during Covid Makes it even worse.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

We had a trip planned pre covid and was able to cancel taking a bit of a financial hit. We were not allowed a refund so scheduled to book a year later. We are due to travel in November. I called to ask to get an extension until March 2022 as the pandemic seems to be getting worse and I am Immunocompromised and my daughter is 2 and cannot be vaccinated. We were told NO! This company should be flexible during these times and not making people choose between health or money. I’m not even asking for a refund, only to postpone the travel for another few months. Highly disappointed as people are dying and jobs being lost!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Used Cheapcaribbean.com to book vacation to Cancun. Was very easy and what I could tell was the best prices during my research. Also before travel we ended up transferring resorts because of the seaweed issue in Cancun right now. With us switching it ended up being cheaper and gave us a $800.00 travel credit that we could use towards excursions once we were there or so we thought. Once we arrived to Cancun the resort we ended up going to was absolutely awful and disgusting and immediately we knew we wanted to make a change since we purchased travel protection.

First day was on hold for an hour. Finally got a hold of someone just for them to say their department didn’t deal with “during travel” issues so was transferred. Was on hold for another 2 hours all while the voice recording would jump around and say “expected wait time 10 minutes, expected wait time 30 minutes, 10 minutes, expected wait time." Now over 60 minutes etc. Finally gave up and hung up.

Next morning first thing, again tried to call and wait. Same thing happened. 3 hours of waiting and no response. Hung up and decided to just make the best out of the trip. We have travel credits so we just decided to book several excursions. Went to my AMSTAR representative to book excursions whom I could never find not once out of the 6 days we were there. Finally called again to book excursions and use to credit I had. Again was transferred bc we were already at destination. Was on hold with them for another 3 hours with Zero Response so said screw it and we just paid out of pocket for our excursions bc I wasn’t going to stay on the phone our entire vacation.

Then comes our transportation back to the airport which was prepaid for when I booked the trip. Flight left at 11:45 and they scheduled us on a giant bus to be picked up at 8:30. This bus was scheduled to stop at 3 more stops after they picked us up. By the time they stopped at the first stop it was already 9:15 and we were still 30 minutes away from the airport. International flights are supposed to be at airport 3 hours before so we brought this to their attention. Instead of of them accommodating us and switching us to a smaller SUV to take us, they took us off the bus and left.

We were stranded there and were forced to pay 150 for a taxi to take us to the airport… Again all while on the phone with cheapcaribbean with no response ever. By the time we got to the airport it was 9:45 and we barely made our flight. If we would have stayed on the bus there is no way we would have made it in time. Will never use this company ever again. They sure answer to book a vacation but as soon as they have your money, good luck with them if any issues come up during your travel. I guess there is a reason they call it “CHEAPcaribbean”.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

After 8 years I will never use them again. Like a lot of these reviews say you can not get past the rep to a team leader. I made reservation for 4 people on 2 separate reservations in 2019. When I called to rebook all was well til the end and I said, "That’s not all my credit. We are missing something." She looked again and said she could find no other credits for me. I said, "I know there’s more. I will find the card I used." Her response, "No problem. Call back as soon as you find it and we will credit it on this trip." I go find it, call back and it’s after hours. Call next morning and go thru it all again to find out my reservation number was changed in June of 2020. So the first girl couldn’t find it. This lady says they expired on June 15th 2021. This would be because THEY issued a new reservation number. Remember that.

She says call United and see if they can help and gives me the P/R # I will need. United was VERY helpful. She said my credit was good til feb 2023 and there was no issues. Remember that changed reservation #. CC was also charging me a 250.00 cancellation fee because I cancelled and rebooked twice. I did not, they changed the number and the computer took it as a 2nd cancellation when I called to really cancel it. United says, "We have not charged any fees for any Covid changes and our fee is actually 200 not 250." She looks back on all my trips and nope. No fees from United. That tells me Cheap Caribbean is charging these fees and telling customers it’s the airline not them and pocketing the whole thing. I now have my eticket numbers and calling CC back again. Closed again.

Next morning call 3rd lady, she proceeds to tell me the kind of fare I booked 2 days prior is not the same and my credit of 850.00 can’t be used. Then I finally lost my cool. I asked for a manager, nope, she said they could review the calls. I said, "Ok let’s do it," and then it changed, "No no we won’t do that." The only option I had was to cancel my trip and rebook under the other date type and PAY a 200.00 cancellation fee per ticket because it had been more than 24 hours since I booked it. I said, "I called the day after and you told me they were expired and sent me to do all the leg work and hours on the phone to make the valid. I did all that and you want to charge me." I said, "If I call United back and get this fare changed am I going to get charged a fee?" After holding for 20 min longer the line disconnected. No call back ever!! They are stealing from people after the worst year ever. Disgusting.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

They emailed me that there will be construction going on in my hotel and the noise might be of inconvenience. Cheap Caribbean responses and told me that based on the fact that this isn’t considered a major change to my reservation and since it’s not guaranteed to be an inconvenience to me, they will not refund my trip. Save yourself time and stress, DON'T BOOK ANY TRIPS WITH THEM.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I purchased an all-inclusive vacation package to Cancun, Mexico and verbally confirmed at least twice with their agent by phone that food and drinks (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) would be included in our 6-night stay package at the hotel where reservations were made. Upon check-in, I verified this at the concierge where they told us that the reservation did not include food and drinks. I tried to call their customer service number twice and on both occasions, the wait times involved were 58 and 72 minutes respectively. I resorted to email which they replied to by denying my request to provide food and drinks. Upon returning home, I requested my credit card company to reverse part of the total amount charged to cover the money we spent for food & drinks. Cheap? Yes. Good? No.

Original review: July 27, 2021

We were supposed to travel in April 2020 and the pandemic hit. Obviously we could not go on the trip. We were specifically told they were refunded by the Airline, but did not refund us that portion and only gave us site credit. My wife and I cannot use the credits in 2021 for various reasons and asked to book for May 2022, yet they refuse to do so saying the deadline is December 2021. I called in 3+ times to speak to a supervisor for an extension, explaining our circumstances. Each time they "transferred" me, I got disconnected. This company is now stealing $2500 from us since we cannot use the credit in 2021. Completely unethical & unprofessional. Shame on this company. Avoid them at all costs.

Original review: July 26, 2021

We have literally spent days on the phone with them trying to use our travel credits with no luck. They will not help at all. Just get put on hold and will never give you a supervisor. They owe us $1,800 in credits and will not help book our trip. I wish they would be held accountable for stealing customers' money. NEVER use this site!!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Once they have your money, they will NOT refund you or work with you. Worst customer service if you’re rebooking with a credit. We spent hours upon hours trying to book a vacation with our previous credit and it has been impossible. They have zero knowledge of their services and you have to wait online for hours. I still have not resolved my issues. Was not able to speak to a manager. Don’t waste your money please, it’s super frustrating. You can book on other sites.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Everything went as planned. Trip included flights and was planned and paid for in 3 months. However our first leg of our flight was cancelled. The airline refunded Cheap Caribbean on 6/20. They refuse to refund my money. I’m unable to connect with anyone who will help me. I’ve spoken to 6 people who puts me on hold for hours at a time just to avoid assisting me. It’s unethical and will be reviewing all platforms in effort to bring awareness to this matter. Please be leery to include flights when booking. Best to deal with the airlines directly as I would have had my refund by now.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Beware of their policies as it pertains to COVID19 credit and extensions. I'm currently trying to use travel credit as a result of COVID19 (my original trip was canceled in early 2020 and they refused to give me a refund). I am being told that I must travel before December 15th, even though I am physically unable to travel until the 31st of December. I tried addressing this with a supervisor, but I am being told there is a 3 hour wait to speak with someone. I am in danger of losing my $3000 and I feel completely helpless. Think twice before using this company.

Original review: June 30, 2021

My friend booked through them and was robbed by the staff of the place they set her up in while she slept. Later, I selected a hotel and flight for a Sunday, and paid the quote up front. I look at my itinerary and the hotel is booked for Monday. Have spent over 6 hours getting pushed around to different units and writing emails, and while they admit it was a system error, they refuse to correct it without my paying for the "additional day" that I already paid for! Scamming and screwing customers over 2 for 2. They should be shut down!

Original review: June 29, 2021

If I could give ZERO STARS, I would. I booked a trip back in MARCH...3 months later, nobody is returning emails, etc. regarding the trip being CANCELED a week after I booked it, mind you...they didn't even alert me of the cancelation, I had to find out when I went through the airline to book my seats!!!! There was no flight itinerary because it was canceled... Out almost $2000 dollars. BBB cannot get a response from them, my bank can't get a response from them...UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I don't know what to do at this point.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Updated on 07/01/2021: I would give a zero star if there any. Not only did they charge me extra $364 but also refused to send me a copy of the email from the resort requesting additional money. But they told me forfeit an excursion reservation because they haven't heard back from them. They couldn't provide me proof or the email from the resort but were able to charge my credit card. This is just a **!

Life happens, and unfortunately, my tragedy coincided with my trip. I sent my father's death certificate corroborating with my story, and yet they didn't seem to care a bit; it's all about their money. I have to call the resort myself to verify proof of additional charges and payment as they refused to send me a copy of my new "supposedly changed" reservation. If not my money (almost $4K) that would go waste, I would have bought a different vacation package from a different site/agency. My whole trip and excitement of hoping to reschedule is all ruined! Thanks to Cheap Caribbean!!!

Original Review: This is the first time writing a review cuz as bad as it may be, I let it go but by far, THIS IS THE WORST TRAVEL AGENCY/WEBSITE EVER!!! I was informed my dad had died the night before our departure. I've called since 6/26 to reschedule my reservation but to no avail. Everyone tells me they have to transfer me "during travel" department which don't even exist as they keep you on hold for more than 2hrs and the call just hangs up after all these hrs of waiting. Even the airline reps were able to change my flight. I've emailed this so called department since Saturday but no one has responded. *RUN AWAY FROM THIS SITE" if you can. I can't even tell if it's a scam!! They respond to book your reservation but DON'T BOTHER CALLING FOR THEIR ASSISTANCE AFTER!

Original review: June 25, 2021

Used CheapCaribbean to book a vacation, airline changes we had to take care of ourselves, upgraded to very expensive rooms( paid in September of 2020) traveled in June of 2021, got to resort rooms we're full, we booked 9 months in advance!! Rooms we received were motel 6 rooms!! Seriously, bad!! No help from CheapCaribbean or resort!! Don't use CheapCaribbean!!.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Reservation # **. Original operator Cesar ** informed me I would receive 100% refund and sent email confirmation. Where is my REFUND?? Operator today telling me the reservation was not cancelled within 24 hours. I informed her that the original operator put on my reservation notes that I would be receiving a full refund because reservation was made within 24 hours. I have documentation and Emails from Cesar ** that prove Cancellation was made within 24 hours! They are liars!!! The second operator Erika confirmed the notes from Cesar ** that my cancellation was within 24 hrs and then she put me on hold for a manager for almost an hour to give me the runaround. I paid $7,949.58. I want my REFUND!!! Beware. Don’t book with them! They are scammers!!!

Original review: June 22, 2021

Do not recommend using them at all. Flight was changed and they are not responsible. Sold a diamond membership online and got to the hotel with the wrong thing. Called them after 3 and 1/2 hours. No one has called me back. After 3 weeks. They are seriously the worst company and expect to be on the phone for hours if you book with them just to ask a question. The flight that it was changed to ended up being in another city. Spent 4 hours on the phone that time trying to make sense but they cleaned their hands. Requested money back for my return flight as I never used it. They stole my money. A family of 7.

Original review: June 22, 2021

My daughter and her new husband were to fly out of Grand Rapids this morning on 6/22/2021. Their booking was cancelled seven hours before their flight was to leave, at 11pm last night and they never received a call. They have taken time off work, trip to Jamaica was paid for months ago and this second rate company, hell they aren't even second rate, are the follow up to a flawless $20.000 wedding. We don't just want our money back we now want compensation above and beyond. This company sucks and it will only please myself, the father of the bride, when these losers are out of business permanently. Plan your own vacation, Cheap Caribbean will fail you and you will regret it.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I’ve currently been on hold for 3 1/2 hours. This is ridiculous. All I want to do is change my flight! The guy just kept coming back saying he was waiting for air to answer! I’ve sent a FB message. If I don’t hear back I will be filing a complaint with the BBB.

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information