2. Travel

Doylestown, PA

1.2/5 (68 ratings)

About CheapCaribbean.com

CheapCaribbean.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Resolution response: Dec. 17, 2020

The company reached out to me and told me they were so sorry I was unhappy. They put me on hold for over 30 minutes AFTER CALLING ME, then once I finally talked to someone, they could do NOTHING to help me. Nonetheless, my vacation ended up getting cancelled again, my girlfriend called because I can't stand to waste any more hours of my life on hold. After being on hold for literally 3+ hours, she was able to rebook it...

However, they JUST sent me another email saying that my vacation in January is cancelled and I need to rebook... I am confused, didn't my girlfriend just wait on hold for 3 hours to already do that? Now what do I do? Wait on hold for 3 hours again?? This company is seriously the worst by a long shot that I have ever had to do business with.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Do not ever use this website. They are hands down the most horrible website I have ever used for travel. It is next to impossible to talk to anyone on the phone, you will wait on hold for hours, there is no way to contact them unless you call them. They cancelled my entire trip and would not give me a refund. After sitting on hold for hours and hours, I was finally able to re-book. I paid extra for a nonstop flight and they email me and tell me they changed my flight to a layover, and there is no way to contact them unless you want to sit on hold for literally multiple hours.

I suspect that they purposely try to give you the worst support available just so you will not call and just give up. Part of their business model seems to be to provide a terrible customer experience because I cannot think of any other way that a company could be so bad at customer experience. Please, do not ever use this website, they are not even cheaper than other sites and the entire experience has been hands down the worst I've ever had with any company I have ever dealt with in my life.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Cheapcaribbean REFUSED to refund our vacation while traveling was nit an option due to Covid 19. They use a third party company (Tripmate) which has the most unprofessional individuals working the call center and neither one of the companies would give us a refund. They also lied to the BBB about me not having insurance on our vacation package but I was able to provide the BBB with proof. This company is a NIGHTMARE!! NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

Booked a trip, paid them in full, emailed many times about getting my travel documents, never received them, waited hours at the Cancun airport because they forgot to carry over the complimentary transfers to our new "move the date, save the rate" reservation... Bottom line is that I paid $84 worth of taxi fees and cheap cheap Caribbean will not refund the $84... I will never use them again, also do not book with AMSTAR, they are crooks also...

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Buyer beware!!! This company will steal your money. Covid happened and they are refusing to refund our money or give us comparable package to what we originally purchased. Do not use this company. This was the first time I went through this company and never again. Jetset Vacations is so much better. That will be who I go back to for future vacations.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

In Aug 2020, I received an email from Cheap Caribbean saying that my flight was canceled due to Delta canceling and my hotel being closed. I contacted Cheap Caribbean on Aug 20 and a representative told me I will be issued a refund for the full amount of my trip and it will take 60 to 90 business days. I said, how ridiculous and the rep explained to me that they received an overwhelming amount of processing for refunds. Then I called on October 20 to see what was my refund status and all the rep told me was I was on the highest priority since I’ve been waiting long.

I then called sometime last week and the rep was very nasty and just said didn’t you call previously and another rep tell you that we have you on the highest priority. I told her that does not reassure me and I need my money for rent. I explained to her that the 90 day mark is approaching and I need my money. Nov 20 will make 90 days and still nothing in my bank account. PLEASE DON'T EVER BOOK WITH CHEAP CARIBBEAN. Horrible and unprofessional establishment I ever came across in my life.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

It was very easy booking the trip, and they were helpful in helping me select a destination that Moufasa, and I could go to, A pet friendly destination was what I was looking for, and that's what I selected.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I've booked over 10 trips with them over the past 10 years---NEVER AGAIN!! Booked a 100% refundable trip in March 2020 for June 2020. Were forced to cancel d/t Virus. American Airlines issued full refund to Cheap Caribbean to issue to my credit card. They have kept my money and are forcing me to use their agency to rebook resort and airfare through them. THESE PEOPLE ARE THIEVES!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

We booked a trip in March and were not able to fly out because President Trump wouldn't let anyone leave the country. I was promised by Cheap Caribbean a refund. I still do not have my refund. Very sad as I had traveled with them before and enjoyed my experiences. I would not recommend Cheap Caribbean.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Cheap Caribbean/Royalton. Unsatisfied with the outcome of my stay. When I arrived at the airport I was not allowed on the plane, due to the travel authorization not being emailed, so my trip was pushed back 24 hours. Upon arriving in Jamaica, everyone seemed to know the situation & assured us everything would be taken care of to do what was a called a “date switch” so We didn’t lose a night that was paid for. When I checked into the hotel, to a downgraded room than the one I paid for, Kemesha, the hotel manager suggested that I reach out to my travel company & have them send over the approval to accommodate the extra night. I immediately sent an email to Cheap Caribbean. Denise ** was the agent who answered me & assured us everything would be handled by Thursday to stay another night. I was told an email had been sent to the booking team at The Royalton & once they responded the situation would be fixed.

Every morning I checked the front desk to see if the date had been switched, to which I was told no & spent an hour on the phone having someone call/email the booking team. Each morning I wasted time out of my trip to remind everyone I needed help. Each day I was told not to worry that it was being taken care of. Going on their promise I moved my flight to Friday morning. On Thursday after trying to contact Denise yet again & receiving no answer, I had several people knock on my door asking if I was leaving. I called the booking team myself & spoke to a supervisor who promised she would have everything figured out by check out time which was 12pm.

Because I did not want to be kicked out we headed to the front desk around 11:45am to pay for another night. We were greeted by Kemesha who turned us away from paying, telling us she was taking care of it. Instead of just paying & not stressing on my last day like all the others I took her word & left. Around 4pm I received a text from her saying that I would have to in fact pay for Thursday night & try to get reimbursed from Cheap Caribbean. I think this is completely unfair & unprofessional. I spent my entire vacation worrying about the outcome. For two companies that should be in constant contact with each other for the sake of customer service it took them 5 days to get nowhere. I was also told that because my room was downgraded, we would be receiving a refund for the 4 nights. They had me sign paperwork. It is now October, over a month later & I have heard nothing from either party. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I've booked three other trips through this company in the past. They have now outsourced their customer service. I tried rebooking a trip due to my resort not being open, and they charged me change fees for that and made me re instate my trip insurance even though the resort wasn't even open. I then tried to change and upgrade my resort to another resort, same location, just from one RIU to the next (riu has no change fees) and they tried to tell me they were going to then again, cancel my trip insurance.

After I pointed out there aren't change fees with riu so there'd be no reason to USE my trip insurance, they took back what they said. The rep kept going back and forth giving me different prices multiple times. I was on the phone for 2 hours just trying to CHANGE a hotel, because their workers are incompetent. As someone who travels frequently, this is terrible customer service and I don't trust to ever book with this company ever again. Next time I'll stick to Costco travel or Apple vacations (where the workers understand what you're saying) and are more than happy to help. This company just tries to scam you out of money and get you to hang up the call so they dont need to help. I've also exchanged emails back and forth with them, and they don't help. They say to call the call center, which I've done and the call center obviously doesn't know what you're even saying.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

We booked a trip with Cheap Caribbean in March for a trip to Mexico in October. In September I needed to make changes to our flights, so I tried calling. It was impossible to reach a person because of long wait times, so I was forced to email. It took weeks to receive a reply. On vacation we were hit with a hurricane and forced from our resort and into a shelter. Per Cheap Caribbean’s hurricane policy they offer a refund for days lost. I called customer service and they didn’t know the policy which is stated clearly in our travel docs. I was forced to email again and was told they were referring my email to an additional customer service team and could expect to hear back in a month. A month! How hard is it to see that a major hurricane hit our resort during my dates of stay? I still haven’t heard back...

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

CheapCaribbean is terrible, and they make deceptive statements. I booked a trip last year for Antigua. The travel date was to be in August of this year. However, on July 7, 2020, I received an email that states "Unfortunately, due to the unprecedented events regarding COVID-19, your scheduled flights were impacted with cancellations and your current airline reservation has been canceled. Please note that the air on this booking is being held as a credit for future travel with us".

I responded, asking "why have you unilaterally decided to give a credit?" as opposed to giving me the option for a refund. They responded by saying that "after some time, everything will be fine and you will want to go on a trip again." Unbelievably presumptuous on their part. I wrote back telling them that this was not acceptable and that I wanted my refund. They responded by stating "As of now, airline providing us full air credit for cancelled flight. We are not allow us to refund your tickets."

I therefore called the airline, and they told me that CheapCaribbean was not being truthful, and that the airline's electronic file, to which Cheap Caribbean has access, clearly has a note that says that I am entitled to a refund. She even told me the time the note was made, what the note looks like, etc. She said CheapCaribbean is supposed to refund my money upon request. I emailed Cheapcaribbean about my conversation with the airline. I received no response. I then called them. I was on hold for five hours (yes, five hours) before someone finally picked up. I was transferred to a supervisor.

At that point, Timothy, the supervisor, informed me that not only had the airline cancelled the flights, but so had the resort where we were supposed to stay. He said that I am entitled to a full refund, but that it would take 70-90 days for that to happen. I asked why it would take so long, since refunds usually take 5 days or so from other companies. He said depending on the bank. At that point I just wanted my money back so decided not to argue. At 9:35pm that night (July 7), Timothy from Apple Leisure Group emailed me a confirmation that I would be getting my refund back within 70-90 days "just depending on your bank". Since then, I have followed up several times with them. On September 15th, they emailed that "The refund is still on queue to be processed. I sent a escalation request to the accounting department. If there are any issues with processing the refund, we will be in touch." Well, they were not in touch.

On October 10th, I wrote to them, stating "Good afternoon. You sent an "escalation request" on Sept. 15th. It has been more than three weeks since that escalation (over 90 days total) and l have not received my refund. Where is my refund?" On October 12th, they wrote back, "I apologize for the inconvenience. As per the system, your accounting escalation form has been submitted already. We have escalated your concern to our accounting supervisor. Once, they will get the resolution then they will contact you as soon as possible." It is now October 19th. It has been over 100 days, and I have not yet received my money. Every time I call they say that the wait time will be hours. CheapCaribbean.com is a joke and they are playing games with other people's money. I've decided to take other action.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I booked a vacation to Mexico from Dallas in June to go in August. I called to cancel the trip 8/1 and spoke with Steven. Since I bought the travel insurance he says I'm entitled to a refund. He says it could take 90 days, and here it is Oct. 16 and I have yet to see the refund. I feel my next action is to take legal action.

Seems so easy to take my money, why is it so hard to get a refund?!!

Resolution response: Dec. 16, 2020

I am editing my review to acknowledge that I did finally receive communication from the business. I feel they came up with a fair resolution to my issue. I am still displeased with the amount of time I have wasted on this and that it took me going through multiple means of filing complaints and leaving reviews to finally receive returned correspondence and a resolution to my matter. I am not comfortable with changing my "star-rating", but do want to advise others that my issue was resolved.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I had booked a trip at the beginning of the year and was to travel in September 2020. On July 14, 2020 I had received a notification via email from the travel provider (Cheap Caribbean) stating that my trip has been cancelled. I immediately sent them an online request advising them of my expectation of receiving a full refund. After numerous attempts of trying to contact them with no luck at all, I was forced to file a claim with the travel insurance I had purchased when I purchased the trip.

After a lengthy process the claim was filed and processed, just to find out I was only being refunded 75% of the trip cost. That not being to my satisfaction, seeing the travel provider cancelled the trip and not me. I still then continued to attempt to resolve this issue with Cheap Caribbean. With hours of being on hold and going back and forth and not getting anywhere, I am still missing 25% of the refund for my trip. The service agent said well that's not their fault because I choose to file a claim, the reason I was forced to go through the claim process was because I was not receiving any response back from them directly on my grievance. In a short this has turned out to be the most expensive trip that I have never been on and is completely alarming and a major case of a business taking advantage of the consumer.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Booked a Family vacation. The resort we booked closed so they tried putting us at different resorts. We paid for oceanfront. They give us Garden view. Would not call us back to let me know when we could get our money back if we cancel this vacation to make other plans. I call the # and waited 2 1/2 hrs on two different days Listen to the recording for that long of how hard they work to make your dream vacation happen.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

We have booked through Cheap Caribbean 5 times and we have been so happy with them every time except this one. I decided to buy my husband a 50th Birthday trip. I booked through Cheap Caribbean as we have done so many times. I booked for Jamaica to an all-inclusive. I gave it to him early, his birthday is in November, so he could ask for the time off. Due to COVID getting into Jamaica is nearly impossible so we decided to transfer to another resort in Mexico. Was able to get a hold of someone only because I called first thing in the morning when they first opened. I lost over $200 on the airfare because it was a cheaper flight so they pocketed that money... But was able to get it transferred. Was told that the reservation would update in a couple weeks....

Here we are three weeks later and the reservation has not updated. I paid in full when I booked it and it shows we still owe 1500.00 because their "accounting department" has to transfer the money to the new reservation. Remember they said it would take two weeks, well not transferred. Today I logged into our American Airlines app and it showed our flights were changed. We were supposed to leave Mexico at 3:15pm on Thursday, November 26th and now they had to move us to leave at 6:04 am on that same day. Oh did, I mention that we added a day to get a better price and OH that was another $350.00 that is paid in full. That is the only amt that our reservation is showing is paid also.

I called first thing this morning and a lady told me that she didn't even show our updated return flights on their end and that I would have to all American Airlines. So, I called American and a very nice lady told me that since we booked through a third party we had to call them and they could make that change. I told the AA lady that the CC lady did not see our return flight change. The AA lady told me that was crazy and that they should see them just like I could see the changes.

I called CC back and was on hold for OVER 2 HOURS, then got Siddharth on the phone who I swear I could barely understand, he wanted to put me on hold to check on things, I begged him to just listen to me and to let me tell him everything. He said he could not see the change either (after I could finally make out what he was saying). He said he was going to put me on a brief minute for two hold and he promised that he would be right back. I was holding for about 30 seconds to only hear the Beep, Beep, Beep sound and when I looked at my phone he had hung up on me. I thought, oh he will call me back, THAT IS A BIG FAT NOOO!.

I was so depleted of energy after fighting this all morning that all I could do was break down and cry! I have sent a message on their website, which I did before and NEVER received word back! I got on their facebook page and sent a message that to my surprise was answered quickly. The person on the other end of that message told me they would pass my message onto a member of the "Team" and that they would get back with me within 24 hours. I am exhausted! I will NEVER use Cheap Carribean again. This great 50th Birthday gift for my husband has gotten so much more expensive and has been difficult from just about the beginning. If you can book through someone else, I recommend doing that. I don't understand why a company we have used several times and that I have recommended to others has gone down the tubes so fast.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I had used Cheap Carribean a couple times inthe past and had no issues. This year with Covid our May vacation had to be cancelled as was the rest of the world. I rebooked out as far as I could to keep our direct nonstop flight. October was the furthest out I could get. Evidently according to Cheap Carribean my October flight was cancelled in June. The only problem with this was they never notified me, and I kept recieving e-mails saying all was good. (two week before My trip I recieved a confirmation e-mail and itenerary saying all was good).

I just recieved my TSA Known Traveler number so I went to the airlines website to get my information added in advance. Low and behold they said I wasn't on the filight. The sme flight times, flight numbers, everything still existed, seats were still open. I call CheapCarribean and after a 2.5hr hold I was told I could pay an additional $1500 to get back on the filight I had already booked, or reschedule my vaction to a different date, but I would lose my travellers insurance coverage of $422 that was only for the week in October I had booked. Long story short I had to reschedule 2 months further out again and now I have no travelers insurance. BUYER BEWARE. They basically made the mistake and then extorted me out of the money. Never would I use them again. Especially when it was an error on their part and a 170 min wait to get through to someone.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I planned our honeymoon for over one year. 30 days before the trip, I received an email saying my trip was cancelled. Obviously I was freaking out with the wedding in 30 days. Attempted to call and was put on hold for over 2 hours, to finally be told there was nothing he could help me with. I emailed the company desperately only to be told I need to change the dates of my honeymoon (seriously)!!! I have no resolution and I’m 30 days away... do not use this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

We booked a trip in December 2019 prior to covid. When our flights were canceled by the airline, CheapCaribbean refused to refund the tickets even though the airlines offered 100% refund. CC tried to blame it on the airline the whole time but I got it in writing from them that their policy is refund. Unfortunately CC technically owns my ticket so they can get the refund but they will NOT pass it along to me. I even have to use my airline credit now with them even though they got refunded my money. DO NOT BOOK THIRD PARTY WITH CHEAP LYING CARIBBEAN.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Took our first trip through CC back in 2019 and it was stress free! Booked our second trip in July 2019 (to be taken in March of 2020). Due to COVID we had to cancel this trip. We opted to take a travel credit. In July I booked a trip to the same destination for this November. I have had nothing but problems with CC. The wait time to connect with someone is unacceptable. As of today I have waited over six hours, over three separate phone calls to connect with someone. On two of those occasions, I never was able to reach a person.

My first issue involved CC not requesting a transfer of credit from the airlines, so it appeared that I did not have enough credit for our upcoming trip. At this time I'm trying to cancel a trip and can't seem to get a real person to help me. They are sitting on over $5,000 of our money and have been since July 2019. Due to COVID and US State Dept travel advisories, I want to cancel a trip, but can't seem to get anyone to help me at CC. Now I know what the Cheap stands for...cheap service! I will never book a trip through this company again!

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi Lori, we sincerely apologize for any and all inconveniences you've experienced. We completely understand your frustration regarding our hold times, and our team is working as quickly as possible to assist everyone. If you are still in need of assistance, please private message us your reservation number.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Booked an all-inclusive trip to Mexico. It was canceled due to COVID and the resort not being open to visitors. I bought the recommended Travelers insurance to receive a full refund (less the cost of travelers insurance and a few other fees, so it's like a 75% refund). So I placed the request on July 6th for the refund. It is September 24th. I have yet to receive my refund and I have reached out via emails, the customer portal 'help' requests, facebook, and now I am phone the phone with them and I waited for over two hours for someone to answer. They finally answered and told me they will issue the refund in a week or two. He was nice and helpful but overall waiting this long for a refund is not acceptable.

I know this is a pandemic, but 70+ days to wait for a refund is not professional, especially when I purchased their travelers insurance so it should have been quick and easy to refund. I asked for an email or a direct line or some way to track that this conversation actually happened, but they don't have any way to do that. Not allowing their employees to send emails verifying that we had a conversation is ridiculous and not a great way to track changes or updates to your account. I am very unhappy with how this has been handled. I will never book with CheapCarribean again.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear you're unhappy with your experience with CheapCaribbean! We understand that this processing time is frustrating, and our team is working hard to improve upon this issue. If you are still in need of further assistance, please let us know by private messaging us your reservation number, and we'll get you taken care of!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I've been booking trips with my fiancé through Cheap Caribbean for upwards of 5 years now (3 trips in the last 5 years) and I have to say, it's the most stress free way I've ever booked a vacation. 9 times out of 10 their prices are the best and on top of that, being able to book everything in one spot (hotel, room upgrades, airfare, airport transfers, excursions, etc.) just makes everything that much easier. Add on the fact that you can now pay in installments over time is incredible. Everyone wants to travel and that options makes it even more accessible! We've never had a mishap while booking with them (I know sometimes reservations can get lost when not booking directly with the hotel) so our experiences have been nothing but positive. We love doing all-inclusive getaways and the sheer amount of choices they have available is great (and even overwhelming at times!).

NOTE ON TRAVELING DURING COVID-19: Long story short, this was the best vacation ever. Cheap Caribbean is thorough enough to make sure the hotels they promote are doing everything they can to keep guests safe. Constant cleaning, mask use by the staff, and modifications in the dining areas made us feel very comfortable. Our room was even turned down twice/day on some days. In addition, hotels in Mexico can only book up to 35% occupancy so we basically had the hotel to ourselves! Very, very pleasant experience overall.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi Yamile! We are so glad that you enjoyed your CheapCaribbean vacay! Thank you for taking the time to share this information.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Avoid CheapCaribbean.com at all costs!! My experience with this company was tiring, stressful, frustrating, and they have permanently lost my business going forward. I booked a 9 night all-inclusive vacation to Aruba for November 2020. I hoped to cancel for a full refund due to the global pandemic, current COVID restrictions which devalue the all-inclusive portion of the trip, current CDC guidelines, and fear of contracting COVID and being forced to quarantine in another country. After calling and being placed on hold for 2 and a half hours, I was told that I'm only entitled to a 75% refund despite purchasing the more expensive travel insurance when I had booked the trip during the first week of March. My travel insurance covers quarantines, but CheapCaribbean does not interpret CDC guidelines stating to avoid nonessential travel to the country as a covered reason for a a full refund. This is entirely unacceptable.

I paid $5,478 for my vacation and another $540 for 'cancel for any reason' travel insurance. With a 75% refund, I will be out $1370 + $540 for a total of $1910. My other option was to reschedule. Unfortunately, I was told I had until September 2021 to take this vacation if I reschedule (and I'd have to pay for travel insurance again which is 25% useless). This option is also unacceptable because if I were to reschedule my trip, I would want to reschedule it for the same week in November in 2021. However, the company was unwilling to work with me. All in all, CheapCaribbean.com is an unethical company showing zero sympathy to its customers impacted by the pandemic. Avoid this company if there is any chance that your travel plans may need changed before you take your vacation.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi Donald, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize for any stress this situation has caused you. An agent is looking into the issues you mentioned in order to assist further. We do hope you’ll consider CheapCaribbean when you book your next beach vacation.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Our flight was cancelled going to Jamaica. CheapCaribbean will not give us a full refund. Understand the insurance but not the extra $400.00 they won't refund. Had other Friends going that booked with Expedia are are getting a full refund. Guess I know who I will be booking with next time.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi Suzanne, thank you for sharing your experience and we are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We want to be sure your cancellation issue has been resolved. CheapCaribbean never wants our valued customers to feel like we didn’t do our very best in assisting them, so please privately message us with your booking ID if there is anything else we can do to help.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

The customer service is horrible! The website states that you are entitled to a full refund if your trip is canceled within 24 hrs. I canceled my trip within the specified time frame only to find out that it would take 90 days for my refund to be processed. And when I asked to speak to a supervisor, the representative made me wait more than 20 minutes. Once I finally was given a supervisor, Sophia continuously spoke over me and was not very helpful. She tried to tell me that this 90 day turnaround time was in the Terms and Conditions on the website and when I asked her to show me where, she could not do so, the website said nothing about a 90 wait time. Suffice to say, unfortunately, I still have not received my refund.

CheapCaribbean.com response

Hi Bianca, we understand your frustration with the delay in receiving your refund. As you know, COVID-19 has impacted travel for so many people. This caused our refund and credit submissions to triple, which has caused a delay in processing times. Please private message us if we can assist in any way.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

In summary, if my airfare was refundable, and my hotel had no record of there even being a reservation, CheapCarribean should have no trouble issuing a refund given this disaster. I, like many, booked my travel before covid was even a thing. We waited, fingers crossed, and were just two days out from departure when we got the email FROM CHEAPCARRIBEAN that our trip was cancelled. We WANTED to go on this trip. We were packed and ready. We did not cancel this trip. It was cancelled for us - the Dominican Republic put a travel ban in place. Given the DRs decision, flights were obviously cancelled. Cancelled flights purchased directly would have been eligible for a full refund. I'm going to assume that CheapCarribean would also be eligible for a refund of my airfare from the airlines if the airlines were unable to fly to their destination.

I called the resort we had "booked" and they had no record of a reservation ever having been made in our names. So no cost to cheapcarribean there. Given zero cost for airfare, and zero cost for accommodations, there should be zero cost to cheapcarribean and therefore a full refund should be afforded to customers who had no choice in the matter. We did not ask for our trip to be cancelled. I don't know where the money goes when you buy trip insurance. But imagine 25% of every vacation going somewhere. There's a huge chunk of money that someone is making off the backs of all us unwitting travelers. A windfall from our troubles.

I call on Nationwide, Cheapcarribean, and any other travel broker and any other travel insurance broker to be honest about what's happening here. You are winning big while the traveling public holds the bill. This should not be a windfall for you. Buck up and be honest entities. I'm in for any class action suit. And you better believe I'll be doing my homework before booking with any travel company again. Sounds like there are a lot of good companies out there. Too bad cheapcarribean and Nationwide are not among them.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Booked a trip to Turks & Caicos leaving 8/15/20. Had to cancel due to Mass law requiring 2 weeks quarantine on return. Even though I got credit for airline and the hotel provides 100% reimbursement so cost them nothing, they will only credit me $312 for future travel and hitting the insurance for 75% of trip costs. This is wrong on so many levels.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

After many attempts and speaking to multiple people, I was finally able to get a full refund (minus the cost of insurance). At this point, I am torn if I would give them my business again. The COVID experience is awful for everyone, but their sales agent, Tammy ** is great.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Cheap Caribbean will not give us a refund. In November 2019, I booked an all-inclusive trip to the Dominican Republic to attend a destination wedding and celebrate our son and daughter’s birthday. The travel date was March 31st - April 6th, right at the stirrup of the coronavirus. Because of all the fear and confusion, the wedding was called off. I did not want to lose over $800 for an airline cancellation fee, so we did not cancel. On March 16, Cheap Caribbean offered to waive the cancellation fee and give a future travel credit, but because of scheduling difficulties with the upcoming year, our family decided we would be safe and have fun on our trip.

On March 18th, the Dominican Republic prohibited entry from inbound travelers and guests. Also, we were informed that Delta had temporarily discontinued service for March 30th, thus forcing Cheap Caribbean to cancel our reservations and give us a future travel credit. I called to get a refund for the travel credit and was told NO. I filed a claim from the insurance that I had purchased and that was denied. When several refund attempts were denied, I reached out to the bride to find out if they had plans for using their travel credit and was informed that they had gotten full refunds for their travel credit because the travel agent had cancelled on their end. But guess what, no refund for our family, even though Cheap Caribbean received a full refund on my behalf from the airlines. Not Happy! I want a refund.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Booked a trip to Jamaica as part of a wedding party. Paid $3,000.00. I called CheapCaribbean. Sat on hold for hours. Found out our resort in Jamaica was closed down due to covid-19. We all changed our plans to go to Mexico at the cost of $2,300.00. Refused to give back $900.00 difference from the Jamaica trip that was canceled. They said I was still being charged for all the flights except one. They called it a unretrievable loss. A $900.00 loss. I spoke with Pablo. No credits. No nothing. A huge loss. Please be careful when dealing with this company.

Original review: July 20, 2020

This is the first time I booked with this company. Unfortunately right before my trip in March a pandemic started, although I had issues before then. My sister and I booked for her birthday. The first issue I had was trying to add my room to hers. We had people decide not to come so it became more convenient for me just to add myself to her room. She called ahead to give permission on the account for me to make changes. I ended up calling about 3 times bc they kept telling me I didn't have authorization to add myself to her room.

Then we had to get another authorization from her husband who paid for her part of the trip with a joint credit card they had.... Yes her name was on it too... although I was paying for the additions myself. That probably took about 9 hrs total.. 3 different calls for me to be added. Then the pandemic happened. Because both of our jobs we are unable to travel until further notice. I called to completely cancel the trip... I waited 3 hours and 15 min for someone to basically tell me they didn't care and if we don't use the credit by January of 2021 we will lose our money. About 3000! Hopefully we can use it before... but either way I will never use this company again. The funny thing is I told my sister that after everything I went through just to be added to her room. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THEM!!!! Very rude... you'll be on hold forever... and they don't care a pandemic is going on right now.

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information