Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.01/5

Doylestown, PA

232 CheapCaribbean.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

On their site they say book with confidence - they have a price match guarantee. If you book through them and find a cheaper rate elsewhere within the first 24 hours, not only will they beat your price, but they'll give you a $150 credit good toward a future booking. DISCLAIMER: If you plan to book through them thinking you'll get a price reduction and a future credit, please MAKE SURE you compare the name Cheapcaribbean.com calls the room, and the name the actual hotel calls the room. This happened to me. I booked a trip yesterday through Cheapcaribbean.com for 7 nights at the TRS Coral All Inclusive Adults-only resort in Cancun. On the TRS website, they call the room we booked a Junior Suite Swim Up room.

NOWHERE on their site is any mention of a "Royal" Junior Suite Swim Up room. That's because there isn't one. Cheapcaribbean.com calls it that, though, so that they can say you are comparing apples to oranges when you try to file a price match claim. Expedia.com actually offered the same trip we booked for less, but they called the room (what it should be called according to TRS Coral's own website) - the Junior Suite Swim Up room. Because it did not match EXACTLY the name that Cheapcaribbean.com MADE UP - the Royal Junior Suite Swim Up - they denied my claim and will not honor their claim to beat the better price I found and offer the $150 credit. I am extremely disappointed and I am waiting to hear how my BBB complaint is resolved. If it's not satisfactory, I will never book through Cheapcaribbean.com again.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Do not purchase from this company! I booked a trip with them and paid extra to be able to cancel anytime. I called the company to cancel and it always says that they are experiencing high call volume no matter when you call. I waited for 2.5 hrs on the phone and no one ever came to the phone. I tried to cancel on their website and when you follow the links to cancel they only say to call or email. I emailed them 4 different times and no one got back to me. I will never use these guys again. They are not even that good of a deal as they claim. I was able to book same trip with another company for same price.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Called Cheap Caribbean 3 different times and on hold for several hours with zero pick up from company. I have used company in the past but didn't have to contact them for question. Company is a joke and last time they will be used. (How are you not able to ask a question for 7 thousand dollar vacation)?

Original review: July 3, 2019

Booked a trip to the DR. Of course people start dying, so my entire party changes their destination. Those that had the time to wait 3 hours on the phone were able to make the change while Delta had a waiver in Domingo. I’ve now waited the 3 hours for them to tell me to call Delta. Called Delta, they were happy to make the change for me but couldn’t because they don’t have a breakdown of the charges. They said to call back to Cheap Caribbean and speak to a supervisor. (3 more hours.) They “can't” because of Delta's policy. But won’t provide me with a breakdown for the charges so that I can remedy with Delta, they WILL however give me a verbal breakdown! Why? Are they overcharging airfare? So let me y’all to a supervisor, NOPE, “I can email a supervisor and ask him to call you”. DON'T DO IT. Book anywhere else!

Original review: June 28, 2019

3 hour hold times to get any help and no response to emails. Beware if you decide to book with them! We needed to make changes to our reservation and were not able to in touch with anyone from customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: June 27, 2019

I booked a trip to DR, decided to change my vacation due to issues and travel advisories with travel to DR. They told me the airlines charge a change fee of $200 per person (we are 3 people). After changing everything I called the airline and was told they are waiving the change fees and I would have to call the travel agent for the refund. Cheap Caribbean told me it is not true. I called the airlines again and they told me my reservation does not have a price breakdown on it, since it was booked as a bulk ticket. All I need is a price breakdown showing I was charge a change fee and they will be happy to credit me.

I was told by Cheap Caribbean after 3 hours on hold that I would need to speak with a supervisor in order to obtain this information. It has been over a week and they have not called me back. Now I can't get anyone on the phone for over a week (I've waited on hold 4 times over 2 hours and need to hang up since I work). If the airlines charged the fees they just need to show me proof so I can be credited. My opinion is they are charging people to change their flights and keeping the extra money as profit. I will never use them again!!

Original review: June 26, 2019

We were scheduled to fly out Saturday, June 22, 2019 for our trip to Cozumel. I became ill Thursday morning @2:00 am and was admitted to the hospital. The same morning, when we found out that I will be in the hospital for a few days, my husband called CheapCaribbean.com immediately. First call, he waited over an hour and had to hang up when doctors walked in. Second attempt, he got a recording stating it's a 179 minutes wait. 3rd attempt, that afternoon, he decided to connect with “existing reservation” instead of cancellation. Waited about 45 minutes and as soon as rep found out we wanted to cancel, he immediately transferred us without giving us a chance to explain. We got transferred to cancellation and recording stated 479 minutes. He gave up that night.

We tried again Friday and Saturday without luck. We weren’t able to call back until Monday, June 24. I waited 2 hrs and 40 minutes. Finally got a live person and request a cancellation confirmation email from them. NOTE: We’re not asking for a refund, just a letter. 30 hrs later, we still have not received anything from them. Do not book with this company. They are quick to book your trip and once you have paid in full, you will not hear from them again.

Original review: June 14, 2019

We booked a trip to the Dominican Republic. Because of the increased deaths and safety concern, we called to look at our options to travel to a different resort. We are about two months away from our trip so we have made arrangements well in advance so we had plenty of time to make other arrangements. They kept me on hold for over 3.5 hrs at a time and when they finally answered the phone, they were extremely rude and transferred me to 3 different people before I got disconnected. I had to call back and wait another 3 hrs. They nickeled and dimed me to change my flight and hotel. Safety is not a concern to them regardless of the cautions issued by the Dept of Homeland Security. DO NOT BOOK TRAVEL HERE! It has been the worst experience with a travel agency ever!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I booked a vacation flight and hotel with CheapCaribbean. On the day we’re booked to leave there was a snow storm so flights were canceled, when I called CheapCaribbean the agent was rude and told me there’s no refund. I said to him, "I’m not asking for a refund. Just move my dates a little and see what you could work with the hotel." He told me that’s on me. I should call Delta and the hotel, the representative from Delta was great. And the hotel gave us an extra day since we didn’t make it until the following day. But I had to do ruin my own with no refund. CheapCaribbean is the worst. Would never book with them again. If I could give a zero star I would.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I booked my stay with Cheap Caribbean to go attend a wedding. I paid to stay in a deluxe room but instead when I arrived the room was not ready and I was put in a standard room. They moved me to a room with roaches and right next to construction so loud I would no get any rest. To make it worse the front desk staff at the RIU were very unprofessional. To add insult to injury they offered me no real apology or resolution to reimburse me for a room I overpaid for. Getting responses to issues takes weeks and the customer service line requires that I wait for 3 hours on the phone.

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information