2. Travel

Doylestown, PA

1.2/5 (86 ratings)

About CheapCaribbean.com

CheapCaribbean.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

We had a trip planned pre covid and was able to cancel taking a bit of a financial hit. We were not allowed a refund so scheduled to book a year later. We are due to travel in November. I called to ask to get an extension until March 2022 as the pandemic seems to be getting worse and I am Immunocompromised and my daughter is 2 and cannot be vaccinated. We were told NO! This company should be flexible during these times and not making people choose between health or money. I’m not even asking for a refund, only to postpone the travel for another few months. Highly disappointed as people are dying and jobs being lost!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Used Cheapcaribbean.com to book vacation to Cancun. Was very easy and what I could tell was the best prices during my research. Also before travel we ended up transferring resorts because of the seaweed issue in Cancun right now. With us switching it ended up being cheaper and gave us a $800.00 travel credit that we could use towards excursions once we were there or so we thought. Once we arrived to Cancun the resort we ended up going to was absolutely awful and disgusting and immediately we knew we wanted to make a change since we purchased travel protection.

First day was on hold for an hour. Finally got a hold of someone just for them to say their department didn’t deal with “during travel” issues so was transferred. Was on hold for another 2 hours all while the voice recording would jump around and say “expected wait time 10 minutes, expected wait time 30 minutes, 10 minutes, expected wait time." Now over 60 minutes etc. Finally gave up and hung up.

Next morning first thing, again tried to call and wait. Same thing happened. 3 hours of waiting and no response. Hung up and decided to just make the best out of the trip. We have travel credits so we just decided to book several excursions. Went to my AMSTAR representative to book excursions whom I could never find not once out of the 6 days we were there. Finally called again to book excursions and use to credit I had. Again was transferred bc we were already at destination. Was on hold with them for another 3 hours with Zero Response so said screw it and we just paid out of pocket for our excursions bc I wasn’t going to stay on the phone our entire vacation.

Then comes our transportation back to the airport which was prepaid for when I booked the trip. Flight left at 11:45 and they scheduled us on a giant bus to be picked up at 8:30. This bus was scheduled to stop at 3 more stops after they picked us up. By the time they stopped at the first stop it was already 9:15 and we were still 30 minutes away from the airport. International flights are supposed to be at airport 3 hours before so we brought this to their attention. Instead of of them accommodating us and switching us to a smaller SUV to take us, they took us off the bus and left.

We were stranded there and were forced to pay 150 for a taxi to take us to the airport… Again all while on the phone with cheapcaribbean with no response ever. By the time we got to the airport it was 9:45 and we barely made our flight. If we would have stayed on the bus there is no way we would have made it in time. Will never use this company ever again. They sure answer to book a vacation but as soon as they have your money, good luck with them if any issues come up during your travel. I guess there is a reason they call it “CHEAPcaribbean”.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

After 8 years I will never use them again. Like a lot of these reviews say you can not get past the rep to a team leader. I made reservation for 4 people on 2 separate reservations in 2019. When I called to rebook all was well til the end and I said, "That’s not all my credit. We are missing something." She looked again and said she could find no other credits for me. I said, "I know there’s more. I will find the card I used." Her response, "No problem. Call back as soon as you find it and we will credit it on this trip." I go find it, call back and it’s after hours. Call next morning and go thru it all again to find out my reservation number was changed in June of 2020. So the first girl couldn’t find it. This lady says they expired on June 15th 2021. This would be because THEY issued a new reservation number. Remember that.

She says call United and see if they can help and gives me the P/R # I will need. United was VERY helpful. She said my credit was good til feb 2023 and there was no issues. Remember that changed reservation #. CC was also charging me a 250.00 cancellation fee because I cancelled and rebooked twice. I did not, they changed the number and the computer took it as a 2nd cancellation when I called to really cancel it. United says, "We have not charged any fees for any Covid changes and our fee is actually 200 not 250." She looks back on all my trips and nope. No fees from United. That tells me Cheap Caribbean is charging these fees and telling customers it’s the airline not them and pocketing the whole thing. I now have my eticket numbers and calling CC back again. Closed again.

Next morning call 3rd lady, she proceeds to tell me the kind of fare I booked 2 days prior is not the same and my credit of 850.00 can’t be used. Then I finally lost my cool. I asked for a manager, nope, she said they could review the calls. I said, "Ok let’s do it," and then it changed, "No no we won’t do that." The only option I had was to cancel my trip and rebook under the other date type and PAY a 200.00 cancellation fee per ticket because it had been more than 24 hours since I booked it. I said, "I called the day after and you told me they were expired and sent me to do all the leg work and hours on the phone to make the valid. I did all that and you want to charge me." I said, "If I call United back and get this fare changed am I going to get charged a fee?" After holding for 20 min longer the line disconnected. No call back ever!! They are stealing from people after the worst year ever. Disgusting.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

They emailed me that there will be construction going on in my hotel and the noise might be of inconvenience. Cheap Caribbean responses and told me that based on the fact that this isn’t considered a major change to my reservation and since it’s not guaranteed to be an inconvenience to me, they will not refund my trip. Save yourself time and stress, DON'T BOOK ANY TRIPS WITH THEM.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I purchased an all-inclusive vacation package to Cancun, Mexico and verbally confirmed at least twice with their agent by phone that food and drinks (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) would be included in our 6-night stay package at the hotel where reservations were made. Upon check-in, I verified this at the concierge where they told us that the reservation did not include food and drinks. I tried to call their customer service number twice and on both occasions, the wait times involved were 58 and 72 minutes respectively. I resorted to email which they replied to by denying my request to provide food and drinks. Upon returning home, I requested my credit card company to reverse part of the total amount charged to cover the money we spent for food & drinks. Cheap? Yes. Good? No.

Original review: July 27, 2021

We were supposed to travel in April 2020 and the pandemic hit. Obviously we could not go on the trip. We were specifically told they were refunded by the Airline, but did not refund us that portion and only gave us site credit. My wife and I cannot use the credits in 2021 for various reasons and asked to book for May 2022, yet they refuse to do so saying the deadline is December 2021. I called in 3+ times to speak to a supervisor for an extension, explaining our circumstances. Each time they "transferred" me, I got disconnected. This company is now stealing $2500 from us since we cannot use the credit in 2021. Completely unethical & unprofessional. Shame on this company. Avoid them at all costs.

Original review: July 26, 2021

We have literally spent days on the phone with them trying to use our travel credits with no luck. They will not help at all. Just get put on hold and will never give you a supervisor. They owe us $1,800 in credits and will not help book our trip. I wish they would be held accountable for stealing customers' money. NEVER use this site!!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Once they have your money, they will NOT refund you or work with you. Worst customer service if you’re rebooking with a credit. We spent hours upon hours trying to book a vacation with our previous credit and it has been impossible. They have zero knowledge of their services and you have to wait online for hours. I still have not resolved my issues. Was not able to speak to a manager. Don’t waste your money please, it’s super frustrating. You can book on other sites.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Everything went as planned. Trip included flights and was planned and paid for in 3 months. However our first leg of our flight was cancelled. The airline refunded Cheap Caribbean on 6/20. They refuse to refund my money. I’m unable to connect with anyone who will help me. I’ve spoken to 6 people who puts me on hold for hours at a time just to avoid assisting me. It’s unethical and will be reviewing all platforms in effort to bring awareness to this matter. Please be leery to include flights when booking. Best to deal with the airlines directly as I would have had my refund by now.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Beware of their policies as it pertains to COVID19 credit and extensions. I'm currently trying to use travel credit as a result of COVID19 (my original trip was canceled in early 2020 and they refused to give me a refund). I am being told that I must travel before December 15th, even though I am physically unable to travel until the 31st of December. I tried addressing this with a supervisor, but I am being told there is a 3 hour wait to speak with someone. I am in danger of losing my $3000 and I feel completely helpless. Think twice before using this company.

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information