Doylestown, PA

1.0/5 (52 ratings)

About CheapCaribbean.com

CheapCaribbean.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapCaribbean.com?

Original review: April 18, 2022

We have booked five trips with Cheap Caribbean. Our travel voucher expired in December. We were able to use a flight credit but unable to use our travel credit. In April I get an email stating it had been extended until June. With both of us working full time we are not able to use it. When we booked these trips, we booked with two other couples. We spent a lot of money with this company and it will be our last. I hope they enjoy the approx $2900.00 they stole. We will never use them again.

Original review: April 6, 2022

NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I USE CHEAP CARIBBEAN. Our original trip had to be cancelled due to COVID spikes. I have spent countless hours on the phone with the agents rescheduling (4 + hours at a time). Today I spent 5 hours (had phone, text, and live chat all going - all three representatives giving different information). We are scheduled to leave on our trip next Thursday. Yesterday we received an email that we owe $500 more by today at 5 pm otherwise our trip is cancelled, and we forfeit the $3k we have already spent. After 5 hours on the phone today, no one can tell me why I owe this additional money, and I can escalate to a Quality Review call, however, in order for my vacation to not be cancelled I have to pay this. IF I win after the Quality Review call then they will refund me my money. DON'T EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: March 30, 2022

I don’t usually write reviews or say I’m never doing something again, but I’m never booking w/ you guys again!! And I will make sure my family and friends do the same! You guys have the worse customer service I have ever experienced!!! Your associates are always disconnecting calls after putting customers on hold for long, long extended periods of time and never doing what they “promise” or “guarantee”.

I have a credit of $288.86 from a trip booked in 2020. Booked a new trip on Jan 29 2022, well ahead of my deadline to use my credits, and not only were they not applied to my trip after notes clearly say they should, they are now telling me I don’t even have any credits!!! I mean you guys are really just going to steal almost $300??? This is ridiculous and completely unacceptable.

Not only will I be leaving negative reviews everywhere that I can find, I will also be contacting the Bureau of Better Business! Me and my family and friends have booked 5 or 6 trips with you, but not anymore. This was it!!! After talking to numerous customer service agents over the past couple years, and being placed on long holds each time to be hung up on and given false promises and guarantees, I will make sure everyone I know, knows how I was treated and to not book with you guys ever again!!! As a company, you should strive for excellence and you have not even come close!!! As a mgr in customer myself I am qualified to tell you that you suck at doing this!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

We will never book through CheapCaribbean again. We had to cancel due to covid. They only issued us a partial travel credit. We tried rebooking for several days and kept receiving errors. We finally were able to reach a person on the phone. Unfortunately, there was a language barrier and it took us over an hour just for her to get our information in the system. After doing so she told us she was getting an error in the system. After more time she told us that the hotel wasn't available. We then told her that after trying to book several times this was unacceptable. She told us that we need to find some other hotel to go to.

All the other hotels were more money and further away from the airport. We asked for a manager and was told twice there wasn't one available. After insisting we wanted our money back and wouldn't hang up until this was resolved the hotel was miraculously available. We will never book with them again. They are scammers who try to keep your money.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I purchased a vacation package to JA, and I made sure that I purchased the travel insurance as well since these are such uncertain times. At the time that I purchased the travel insurance, I made sure to check the option that would allow me to get 75% of my money back in the event that I could not go on the trip. I ended up not being able to go, and I notified them that I would like to receive 75% of my money back per the travel insurance agreement.

Although I checked that option when I first bought it and reiterated it to multiple travel agents on the phone, they sent me travel credits that weren't even equal to 75% of what I paid for the trip. I specifically said to each and every travel agent that I spoke to regarding my refund, that per the travel agreement, "I do not want travel credits. I would like 75% of my money back." So, when I saw that they had completely disregarded the travel insurance agreement and what I told them each and every time we spoke regarding the transaction, I was very upset.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions, so although I was frustrated, I called them hoping that this was all just a mistake that could get resolved quickly. Per the travel insurance agreement, they are supposed to refund the money within 60-90 days. Mind you, it was well outside of the 90-day window at this point. But I calmed my frustration and explained to the agent what happened.

He put me on hold for nearly 45 min to come back and tell me that they would be able to give me only 500 and something dollars. 75% of what I paid was 735 dollars. He offered no explanation as to why they would only be able to give me 500 something and not stick to the travel insurance agreement. I told him that this was unacceptable to me and that I needed to speak to management. I am a licensed attorney in my state and I don't like to throw that around, but I could clearly see that they were breaching the agreement for absolutely no reason. So, I had to escalate the situation.

It wasn't until after I told them that their actions constituted a breach of contract and misrepresentation and applying much pressure and getting hostile that they finally....after nearly 100 days, did what the hell they were supposed to do and GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK. It's a shame that this is what you have to do to get a company to do what they legally promised to do. The money, all 735 of it, finally came in my account yesterday, but I'm like damn. The fact that I had to fight tooth and nail and drop the fact that I am a licensed attorney and my bar number to let them know that I wasn't playing, is a crying shame.

Corporations need to stop being greedy and dishonest and just do what they are supposed to do without the fear of legal action being pursued against them. I hate that I had to get that way, but it's the only way that I could get my money back. Needless to say, I won't be dealing with Cheap Con Artist Caribbean again in my life! That was the first and absolute last time! They lie and they TRIED to steal from me. The dishonesty and deception is absolutely disgusting.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I booked a vacation for my husband and I through Cheap Caribbean on 6/28/21 costing $3,334.48. Due to covid restrictions at the vacation destination and covid outlet breaks at home we had to cancel the trip. The airline refunded Cheap Caribbean and the hotel was never booked. However cheap Caribbean is refusing to refund us our money for a trip we cannot take. Additionally their online FAQ states we cannot give our trip to other individuals as a “travel credit “ but be used by the original buyers. We are unable to use our credit for various reasons including covid. We want a full refund as we do not believe cheap Caribbean should be pocketing our money for a trip we cannot take for something out of our hands. In addition to the fact that the resort wasn’t even booked. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I booked a vacation last night for Curaçao For a one person trip. My boyfriend decided last minute that he wanted to come so I called them this morning to modify the reservation. The first two agents quoted me one price but with the first agent he didn’t want to wait for me to get my credit card so I had to call back and then with the second agent the phone call got disconnected, when I called back a third time the agent told me that my boyfriend was already on the reservation and my reservation was now a totally different price than the first two agents stated, the price difference was about $260. I questioned how was my boyfriend already on the reservation when the first two agents didn’t get my payment information and the price that I agreed to was different than what was currently on my reservation. I still do not understand where the price difference came from.

The third representative also stated that in the reservation my transfer from my original itinerary was not on there when I asked how is this possible if I have an email about my original itinerary that shows that I was charged for my transfer he said he wasn’t sure I ended up speaking with another representative who was very friendly but also told me that my original transfer was not on there and she was not sure why I was being charged more, I had to send her my original email to verify that my transfers were indeed paid for even though it wasn’t showing on their end.

After being on the phone with her for about an hour and a half she decided that it had to be escalated to a supervisor, even though when we both went onto the website the amount that was showing for two people was the same exact amount that the first two representatives had given me even though when I called back a third time the price was totally different, and not one that I had agreed to pay. How are you charging me more than what is currently displayed on your website? And where the heck did my original transfer that I paid for, go? I had to tell them to review the first two phone calls that will verify the amount I agreed to pay, the first two times, and not whatever was showing the third time I tried to call to get it paid. Thank god I had an email.

In terms of supervisor, She said the supervisor usually calls 21 days before my trip which is currently scheduled for April, so what am I supposed to do? Wait until three weeks before my trip for them to figure this out? I have traveled numerous times with Cheap Caribbean and have never had any trouble. This is totally bad business and I am hoping to come to a resolution and fast! Ridiculous that you can’t speak to a supervisor.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I just booked a birthday trip for my husband and I added the transportation to the booking when I initially booked. Four days after my final payment was due, I called to remove the transportation from my booking because the hotel I booked offered it. CheapCaribbean advised that they would not issue me a refund for the transportation, and refused to let me speak with a supervisor. I asked them, "So if I called in after I booked my hotel to add the transportation to my reservation, you would allow me to do that and take the payment?"

They advised me that I was correct, so I proceeded to explain to them that it wasn't fair to keep my money for the transportation just because I proactively pre-booked that not know that the hotel offered transportation. I had to reach out to them to inquire, and no one ever offered to explain or reach out to me. I WILL NEVER BOOK WITH CHEAPCARIBBEAN.COM AGAIN! I have 6 other friends joining us as a surprise to my husband, and I have advised to not book with them as well.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

After much searching, I booked an all-inclusive resort in Cabo with Cheap Caribbean. I specifically was searching for Adult only locations. The resort I selected was listed as Adults only. I read a few reviews, and although I was not overwhelmed, they were decent and no one mentioned children. After I booked, I went directly to the website for the resort (Lesson learned, never book without doing this first!) and found that it was not adults only. They specifically mentioned children's activities and children's pool. I immediately canceled my reservation within a half-hour of the original booking. I included the reason I was cancelling.

Cheap Caribbean had advertised '24 hour cancellation' that day. They held over $6000 of my money for almost 60 days and only refunded after many emails from me. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired putting it mildly. Using their menu, once I selected I was calling about a refund my call was always dropped. If you hold to talk to an operator plan on holding for hours. If you email customer service plan on a scripted answer. Never ever using this company again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I booked a trip with Cheap Caribbean just prior to the pandemic. 2 months prior to our trip I called as the Bahamas wasn't allowing Americans into the country. CC gave me my full travel credit to be used at a later date of $2005.78, good through 12/31/2021. I then called again to ask if they were able to extend any further in which I was told yes, through 3/31/2022. I was also told this was as far out as they would be able to extend.

So I called 1/3/2022 to make a reservation prior to our expiration date, and was made aware that I had a credit for $1,505.78, obviously $500 less than I paid. This was a cancellation fee I was being charged, although this had never been communicated to me, nor was I the one that cancelled. The pandemic cancelled this trip, the Bahamas cancelled this trip. So after 2 hours on the phone the representative asked that I give them 21 days for the escalations department to resolve this and add my $500 back so I could book my trip using the original amount I paid in full. Fast forward to today 2/4, another 2 plus hour call, and now all of my travel credit has expired as of 12/31/2021, and I only have $700 and some change in airfare credit good through 3/20/2022.

This company is the most unprofessional company I've ever dealt with. They owe me $2005.78 in total travel credit, or a refund for the same amount. It's ridiculous the amount of time I've spent on the phone with this company, and every time I'm asked to call back for the resolve, my credits are lowered. The only positive I will give them is the associates I've spoken with have been extremely nice over the phone, however their note taking must be horrendous, as nothing gets resolved. I've been given an email address to send my request to and ask for my full credit, and extension I was promised through 3/31/2022. I will update this if the company makes the right decision. Have been told this will be answered within 24 hours. I don't write reviews, good or bad. May be the second one I've ever written, but if this prevents someone from using this company, then it was worth the time to type this.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Cheap Caribbean is a total rip off. We paid them over $3,500 for a resort vacation. It was canceled due to the pandemic. They offered us credit towards a rebooking. We tried to rebook but were unable, again due to the pandemic. Not our fault. After one year of them having our money, they refused to rebook us AND refused to refund us our money. We contacted our credit card company to file a dispute. CHEAP Caribbean refused our claim because the charge was over a year old. How convenient for them. Not us. We are out a lot of hard-earned money. We strongly urge everyone to Never utilize this company. From all of the other reviews I have read, numerous other consumers have also been ripped off in the same way we were. Someone at CHEAP Caribbean must be sitting on a big pile of money just laughing at all of us suckers who thought we were actually going to enjoy going on a vacation but instead just got ripped off.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Cheap Carribean is a scam. They have no customer service. They will not transfer you to managers. They are not being helpful during COVID. They will not work with you at all. My son is immunocompromised and I had to put off a trip due to Covid. I got credits back in our names. Covid is still going on as of 1-2022. I have to book a trip or I will lose my credits. I begged repeatedly to speak to a manager to at least have the credits pushed to just myself since I can not take my kids. They just keep saying no. The fact that you cannot be transferred to a manager is disgusting. They take ZERO responsibility. No one is being helpful with Covid. This company should be shut down.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

My flight to Mexico was canceled last minute and I've been unsuccessful getting refunded for my flights despite them cancelling it and having purchased the insurance. I've already gone on the trip and had to re-purchase flights for my husband and myself on my own. I've called everyday for nearly a month trying to get refunded and I'm put on hold for over an hour each time. Each call ends with them saying they'll look into it or they'll call me back which has never happened. I called today and was told the case was closed and they would need to open another case. I'm not sure how this company gets away with this. I was totally scammed.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

They deserve 0 stars. I had a vacation credit for flight and hotel over $2000 which I received because of the pandemic. Now they are forcing customers to book trips by 3-30 or lose their credits. I call today to rebook a vacation as I am being forced and they do not have half of my credits for this trip in their system. Apparently they can hold customer's credits hostage because they booked them in the first place but can not rebook. My airline credits basically went missing and now I’d have to shell out even more money. Absolutely a nightmare trying to get anyone in this company on the phone to help. I have been on hold for 8 hours total today and still have no resolution. I will never ever consider booking another vacation with this company and will continue to write negative reviews about them because I am horrified by this experience.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

This trip to the Bahamas was to celebrate our 35th anniversary. Bahamas requires a nasal swab for Covid testing which takes 3-5 days to come back. We did this in plenty of time but unfortunately, my test came back 6 hours after my plane departed. We had the worst basic economy package & were not allowed to make any changes. Cheapcarribean is keeping all our money, no travel credits, nothing back at all. What a scam! I cannot believe this place can legally do this. I hope to prevent even one person from getting ripped off from this place. It was supposed to be our vacation to celebrate our lives together. Not only did we not get a vacation but lost every dime we invested. No memories, just feel so taken advantage of.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I booked a vacation but, the flight was canceled and rescheduled due to a storm. I notified CheapCaribbean about the cancelation and the need for a new hotel booking. After several days of calling and being on hold for hours at a time and even hung up on, I rebooked using another booking agency. When CheapCaribbean called, I advised the representative how dissatisfied I was and asked that my case be escalated to a supervisor.

I received a call from a supervisor; my family and I were already in Mexico. I informed her that I rebooked using another service in fear of not having hotel accommodations. I asked as a resolution, Cheapcaribbean issued a full refund for the hotel. I was told, "not a problem but, since the funds were already paid directly to the hotel, they will have to contact the hotel to get the refund, after which they will call with confirmation of the reimbursement." I spent my entire trip on the phone being referred around between Cheapcaribbean, the hotel, and the airline. TO DATE, AFTER SEVERAL EMAILS AND LENGTHENED PHONE CALLS, CHEAPCARIBBEAN CLOSED MY CASE.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We booked a trip to Jamaica on Feb 10th 2020. Then covid happened and travel stopped. Cheap caribbean cancelled the trip and told us to try and rebook with a year. We couldn't bc of the continuing pandemic. We don't want to risk our health either. They refuse to give us a refund for a trip THEY cancelled. Spent an hour and a half trying to get a refund but they don't care. They broke our contract and kept our money. Thieves.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We booked a trip to Cancun in July, 2021 for travel from 12/24 - 12/31, 2021. My wife and I along with 1 daughter were traveling from New Orleans, my other daughter from Amarillo, TX. Day of travel, Spirit airlines canceled our flight 15 minutes prior to departure and offered to reimburse both Cheap Caribbean for the flight and us for the upgrade we paid for separately.

The Spirit reimbursement hit our CC account on 12/26, but are yet to be reimbursed by Cheap Caribbean. I have called and emailed numerous times with absolutely no response. They owe us over $2400. The only woman who I was able to speak with was from Apple Vacation who told me that it could take 90 days to hear back, totally unacceptable.

On top of that, due to the flight change we had to take a later flight so my Amarillo daughter arrived 8 hours before us. When she got to the hotel she could not check in because Cheap Caribbean did not include her name on her room. While on layover in Houston we contact Cheap Caribbean who said they would contact the hotel to fix the situation. Once we landed in Cancun we found out that Cheap Caribbean gave the hotel the wrong name for my daughter, so she still could not check in. She was stuck in the lobby of an all-inclusive resort for over 8 hours, could not get in her room and could not get anything to eat. This company is totally unreliable, has questionable ethics, and inept. I will never use them again and will make sure to let everyone that I can that, at this point, they have stolen my money and will not refund it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I have had nothing put problems and frustration trying to use my air credit with Delta through Cheap Caribbean. I have made 4 phone calls, spoken to four different reservationists, promised a call back and been forwarded to another department that never answers. I have $725 in air credit, I would gladly take the money or have access to my credit through Delta, but I am told that is impossible- apparently so is using it for another CC vacation! Never. Again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Do not book with this site, they will not refund you in case of emergency. I had to cancel due to covid and they couldn't care less. They said travel is fully operational. Choose a different site. The service is terrible.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Before I begin, let me tell that I am a long time customer of CheapCaribbean.com and booked 5-6 trips through them. Their service used be good, until recently, when they were used to resolve the issues over phone. Now for everything they are directing to emails, which is not only very slow, but highly inefficient method of communication. So here is my story. I booked the family trip to Cancun, for 4, from Dec-20th to Dec-25th. Made the booking in Nov-first week, and within 2 days requested them to add additional room. This is what was promised.

1. Upgrade to Sea View (subject to availability).
2. Addition of second room at an addition cost of $108 (total), subject to availability.
3. Late check-out on departure date (subject to availability).

4. Have a safe flight back home.

And this is what I have received.

1. When I reached in the resort, the hotel didn’t had any information about our reservation. I had to wait for 2 hrs before they gave me a room.

2. They didn’t upgrade the to ocean view free, even when they had the rooms available.. but I was promised to get free upgrade. When requested at the front desk, they asked for additional money to upgrade the room.

3. When asked for second room, they confirmed that they have enough rooms available, but they can't give it at $108. They tried to sell the room for $880. Tried to call and email CheapCaribbean.com' during travel department. They simply refused to honor their original quote of $108.

4. The late-checkout wasn't free. The checkout time was 12pm, and I returned the keys at 2:30pm. They charged me USD$30 ($10/hr). Again this is not what CheapCaribbean.com promised (in writing).

5. And finally the safe flight home.. We checked out the hotel on time. Reached the airport at 4:20pm, when the flight was scheduled at 7pm. To our surprise the United had our flight booked for Dec-26th instead of Dec-25th. I tried to show them the email confirmation showing our flight details, but they confirmed that the booking wasn't changed at UA end. It was goof up made by CheapCaribbean.com again. They messed up my booking. We were completely stranded on the airport. It was the day when around 1700 flights were cancelled due to Covid fear. Thanks to the United Crew, they were finally able to accommodate us on the same day flight, after hassling for an hour or so.

I am still following up with CheapCaribbean.com post travel department and asking for compensation. Don't have much hopes on it though.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I booked a family vacation for 11 people June 2021 for January 2022. This was no small feat to get all my family schedules to line up. We live In Rapid City SD. They gladly took our money and our flights keeps getting changed. Now canceled this AM. Only option drive to Denver 6 hours in snow packed roads, pay for gas for 4 vehicles, rent 4 hotel rooms to flight out of Denver losing a additional two days vacation. Original date was Jan 1st. Now Jan 3rd and additional expenses and driving round trip 12 hours. I could have booked those on my own and saved thousands. CheapCaribbean.com does not answer phone on weekends and weekdays waiting 60 minutes plus. Do not door with this company

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Finally was able to rebook my trip due to COVID-19 after speaking with 3 different representatives. After paying what I was told by one representative was the remaining balance, I received notification today stating I owed $700 more because all of my credits were not able to be applied? My credits don’t expire until 2022 so how is that valid?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

We booked for our honeymoon in September 2020. We then had to reschedule due to Covid. We reschedule for September 2021. My husband caught Covid. I tried rescheduling. So they went and requested a refund from American Airlines saying we lost it because we rescheduled. I would never book with them again. A little of people been having problems with them. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I booked a trip through this company back in February and have been paying monthly through their finance option with Uplift. We had to cancel our trip due to covid travel restrictions, and they refuse to give any refund at all, even though Delta and the hotel themselves offer refunds. Not only that, but they are refusing to cancel the financing I had signed up for, so I have to continue paying $180/ month for an additional 15 months for a trip we canceled. They emailed me a $1900 credit for a trip totaling $4400, when I do not even want a credit. I just want to cancel the loan since the trip was cancelled but they refuse. My bank expressed this is outright wrong and I have to dispute every single charge for the next 15 months. This is total theft and so wrong on every level. I'm paying for a trip for the next year and a half that I never went on so they can pocket my money. SCAM!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Was on call for 2 hours over a simple a refund. The entire system is antiquated and not customer friendly. Every time I spoke with someone they told me something different. They don't give out managers contact and make you wait on hold for 2 hours knowing that if you hang up the entire process will start over.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Updated on 12/10/2021: ConsumerAffairs, this whole company is a complete farce, that's their standard response, I've sent this information over and over and over again. The requested medical records have been repeatedly sent without progress. They have continued deceitfulness, no results and a no response stance. That is their intention. They are only sorry that I am and will be most persistent, their desire is evident and their fake public responses are just that, fake. They make no move toward resolution, just wishing all their unhappy patrons would just disappear. This place has no integrity, morals, humility or any good factors.

Original: Life happens, and they "BANK ON" your money "regardless" of your taking the trip. Pandemic and countries are shut down, ill, death, weather... They intend to keep your money REGARDLESS. FUTURE TRAVELERS BEWARE. I promote a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT.

Resolution response: Dec. 6, 2021

Ironically, after 6 months, 3 bad written reviews, bank dispute, I was issued my refund in whole back to the card I paid with. I would still give ZERO STARS due to the amount of time getting this handled.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I booked a trip in June for My wife’s birthday in Sept to DR. In Aug, I received an email. Our flights were cancelled and we needed to pay $300/pp EXTRA. So we did that and it’s now Dec and they are holding my refund. I have THREE emails stating my refund would be given within 30-90 days. They keep issuing me “travel credits” that don’t even amount to what I paid for the trip! I will never use them again and stated I didn’t want travel credits as it wasn’t my fault for cancellation. I now have my bank involved and will get an attorney as well to rectify this situation hopefully soon. I need my money back, not travel credits!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Unfortunately due to Covid my vacation was canceled. I tried to contact them and got disconnected multiple times. After I finally got through I was told a full refund was not an option. They gave me a deadline to go on the trip by but with my life circumstances I am unable to do that so that is why I asked for a refund. Thank you for your help with this matter.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Absolutely the worst. We had to cancel and re-book our trip due to COVID and continuously got the runaround from them. First it was we just had to be-book our trip by a certain date, then it was travel by that date. Then we were told we had a hotel and airline credit SEPARATELY - so we paid additional money because the hotel was now more expensive, and when we tried to use the remaining airline credit - was told that it was actually a Cheap Caribbean credit (So should never had paid the hotel upcharge). Spend over 2 hours on the phone with them multiple times... DO NOT USE - total waste of time.

CheapCaribbean.com Company Information