2.5/5 (804 ratings)

About Booking.com

Booking.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I had the most horrific experiences with Booking.com in an hotel booking while traveling in India. Although during booking, it says I don't have to pay anything until I reach to the hotel but I was forced to pay the full amount immediately after booking, otherwise the property would cancel the booking. I paid the full price in advance and when I came to the property, they denied my check-in. The property said although I paid the full amount, they can't accommodate me until unless they get paid more money.

They asked me to call customer care, and the customer care service center is horrible. I was calling for an hour and after the first person receive the call, I let him talk to the property manager but he refuse to talk to the property manager and said he will call separately. I waited again half an hour but the customer service guy never called the property manager. I was standing there for more than two hours with my mother who was sick because of long journey. Again after repeated trying I could reach the customer care and that customer care lady talked to the property manager.

After that, the customer care lady told me it's the mistake of the property and Booking.com but I have to pay all the extra money to keep my reservation. Otherwise, they will relocate me. This is the most horrible service I have ever had. I have booked hotel way ahead of time, also I paid the full amount in advance and now because of the mistake of Booking.com and the property, I had to pay extra 30% money on top of my full payment, otherwise, I can't check-in.

Now, I had a visa interview in next 2 hours and after the outside heat exhaustion, both me and my mother had no energy/time left to search for another hotel or relocate at the last hour. So I had no option other than paying extra money to get my room. On top of that, the property clearly mentioned that they will not give me any invoice for the extra amount I am paying. I had no other choice at that moment. So the total extra money goes as black money. Now this how Booking.com and the property manager made me suffer during my visit in Kolkata.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Rented a car through their online website. Arrived in Portugal and not only was there no car but the company they booked through had no reservation at all. When we contacted them for a refund they denied they were in the wrong and kept all our money. They stole $500 from me! Do not use this company!!!

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

2 weeks before I was due to fly halfway across the world, I had an email from the property saying my room was double booked and they would find me a new location. The property did not respond to calls or emails so I could not find out the details of the new location. I rang Booking.com a week before I was due to leave, and they said they contacted the property and my original booking stood.

Upon arrival, I found my room was indeed double booked, so I rang the landlord who would not answer my calls. I then had to find alternative accommodation. When I arrived at the second property, I rang Booking.com immediately and explained everything, they then put me on hold while they tried to contact the owner of the first property, but they could not get through so the lady at Booking.com said they would cancel that booking, refund that within 7-10 days, and then refund the difference in cost between the first booking and the second booking.

I made this call at 20.09 Sacramento local time on September 1st (my check-in date); 05.05 Amsterdam time on the 2nd. Nothing came to fruition once I got home with the refund, so I called Booking.com again and had to run through everything once more. They again said I would get a refund within 7 days.

A week later Booking.com emailed me saying I cannot get a refund because the original property have a no-refund cancellation property, and because my complaint was made after the check-in date. I made my complaint on the check-in date, Sep 1st, but because this was Sep 2nd Amsterdam time, they are saying this was after the check-in date? Are they crazy? The only way I could get around that is with a time machine!

I have photo evidence of the room being double booked, screenshots of emails to the landlord, screenshots of calls with Booking.com – evidence for everything, and yet they continue to call me a liar, side with the property owners, and refuse a refund. They think they can walk all over their customers. Do not use Booking.com, there are 1000s of reports like this from other people all over the internet and social media. Horrible company with no morale. I will not be dropping this.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Booking.com charged me for a hotel reservation at 119 Garden Golf Blvd North Wales, PA 19454 Staybridge Suites - Montgomeryville, when I got to the hotel, the front desk argued that they had nothing to do with booking.com and this hotel charged me again. They were very nasty, especially the ** lady who happens to be very racist with me as I am Spanish. On top of that, the room that they gave me the first night was infested with bed bugs. I am writing a review so that the consumers know what type of the hotel is this and to know that doing business with Booking.com is pure scammers.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

We reserved a condo 2 months ago through Booking.com. The governor of Florida has declared a state of emergency because of a Category 3-4 hurricane. Booking.com refuses to reschedule or refund. Way to treat an elderly couple.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

I stayed one night at a Holiday Inn Express using Booking.com. My card has been tied up for $400 extra for a week now. I called them and was told they would release the funds, they still have not. When I called Wells Fargo to dispute it. The foreign customer service agent could not understand simple English. Never use a 3rd party booking site.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

We booked a 2 night stay in a cabin at an RV park. The quote was $375.41USD. Our credit card was charged $443.37USD. We reached out to La Conner RV Park and Booking.com to explain the discrepancy. Neither company had the decency to respond. We have been good customers of Booking.com for a number of trips. That has come to an end. DO NOT TRUST EITHER COMPANY. Customer service is a foreign concept.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

My wife and I spent a week in NYC in April 2022, booking the hotel through Booking.com. The hotel had some problems with cleanliness, TV service, inattentive front desk, and their breakfast room was closed for COVID, but they charged me for it anyway. After multiple calls and emails, the hotel management and I agreed that they would refund me $96 for overcharges. Here's the catch, though. Because I had reserved through Booking.com, the hotel insisted they could not send me the refund. I had to work through Booking.com. DISASTER!

This company has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I'm astounded they're still in business. I spent four months, 13 emails, phone calls and screen shots; I spoke with customer reps in the Philippines who barely spoke English and were completely unable to help me at all. Nothing but the party line! "I understand you must be frustrated..." They even insisted they had already sent the refund to my bank, though that was a lie. Even with my routing and account # they could not document sending it. After four months of constant effort, I gave up. Avoid using Booking.com! You may get lucky, but more likely, you'll get burned!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

They never took the full amount out of my account saying I “chose” a prepayment option to where I pay the rest at the resort and I never had any options to choose from so that’s **.. First and LAST time I’ll ever use them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Never book flights with Booking.com. I booked 3 tickets for December. The airline canceled the flight and according to airline terms the tickets become fully refundable. Booking.com kept giving me the run around for days and after 10 days sent me to speak directly to the airline. The airline processed the cancelation and issued a refund to Booking.com because they were charging me and paying the airline, therefore airline can't send the money directly to me. BE VERY CAREFUL!!!! Now Booking.com is holding $1600 which is my money but still not giving me the refund for the ticket despite the fact that the reservation was canceled and that they are in possession of the money. I will keep looking for ways to fight them but please DO NOT BOOK FLIGHTS WITH BOOKING.COM...

You are booking with a company in India.

Booking.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

Booking.com Company Information