Booking.com

Booking.com Reviews

3.2/5 (755 ratings)

About Booking.com Reviews

Booking.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Booking.com prices are low compared to other travel agencies websites. The hotel reviews are of visitors from all over the world traveling, taking vacation, sharing their opinions and experience. I never had a problem using Booking.com. They have a very simple process. Fast and easy reservation. They also show nice photos of activities that will occur in the area during the time of your visit. Also have available rental transportation options, to travel to the festivities, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Most hotels have breakfast. Booking.com will share the info comfortably at your fingertips. I've always left please with a smile. When you know your reservation are secured and you have extra curriculum you can enjoy planned. It makes the trip a lot more exciting. Booking.com is Awesome. Two Thumbs definitely.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I used Booking.com taxi service from the airport in Berlin. Their driver didn't show up and stranded me at the airport. 2 weeks later, I am still fighting with the company to get a refund! They keep asking me for the same information over again in my emails of complaint and then don't respond.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

It works fine and almost as efficient as booking direct. Unfortunately I am now getting lots of fake booking acknowledgements, so security is rather lacking. I don't know if Booking.com has leaked my details.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Booking.com specifically Jhona Q. Was a lifesaver. My 18 y/o is traveling across country and I booked a hotel at Quality Inn, Middleborough MA and even though there is no age requirement on their website the front desk clerk stated my child was not welcome and all guests had to be 21. Jhona went above and beyond to help me. As a single mom it was scary and very costly but Jhona found a solution and saved the day. Thank you. I wish all customer service representatives were as wonderful as Jhona.

Original review: May 14, 2022

You really need to be dedicated to find a way to contact them if you want to make a remark or complaint about their services, they are definitely making it hard for users to contact them. You have a problem or question as a client and they only send you to the FAQs.

Original review: May 14, 2022

We have used Booking.com for several years, but I can no longer recommend them. We were quoted a room with a genius discount. The web site gave us the full price for the room and we accepted it. The price we were billed, however, did not include the discount. We contacted customer service - and after being transferred to 3 or 4 representatives - over the course of several hours - we were told that they were under no obligation to honor the quoted price. They also refused to give us an email to contact any company official. It feels like a bait and switch.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I have been dealing with Booking.com for a week now trying to get my flight refund back because the airline changed my flight details and they don't match my travel plans. I was also offered a one time change at no charge from the airline so I chose to cancel and I have been given the runaround by booking.com. They tell me that their refund dept. is working on it and was also told originally that it would take 3 to 5 days. Then was told it would take 24 to 48 hrs. Now I'm being told another 3 to 5 days. All I want back is my refund so I can continue my plans.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I paid extra so I could change my flight. I did make a change, and received a confirmation email saying that the change had been made. When I got to the airport, I discovered that Booking.com had never actually issued the ticket. I called Booking.com, and the person said that the people who issue tickets are on a different team, and that they work very hard. I had to purchase a new ticket at the airport. Later that day I received an email from Booking.com saying they hadn't been able to make the change I'd requested. Afterwards, Booking.com refused to give me a refund or any compensation.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Booking.com online reservation service is easy to use, but what bothers me is its poor security and protection of customer information. I booked a hotel two weeks ago, and today I checked my account and my two-step verification phone number has been changed to an overseas number. I can't change it back to my own phone number even though it still sent me verification codes. I have never seen this kind of poor design of security in any online service I am using. I tried to contact its security or customer service team to alert them, but after spending an hour on its Help, Messaging, and Security sites, I can't contact, speak to, or email to a real person, so I will not use its service any longer just for protecting my private and credit card info. Be aware if you are using any of its online service with your private info.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I am a business traveler, and I am on the road a lot. I use a variety of online services. I had the worst experience calling in BOOKING.COM. Customer Service. That left me shocked at their lack of care or concern about an issue I had, when I had booked a room online at a hotel, and when I arrived. The Hotel did not have the room that I and reserved. It started at a Super 8 Hotel, which I will never use again, in Virginia. I had booked online a single Queen bed, non-smoking Room. When I arrived at the hotel, The Front desk Clerk informed me that they did not have the room that I had booked and told me the only room that they had left was a double Full size Smoking room. I said, "No thank you, I am a nonsmoker and was not going to stay in a smoking room." He said it is the only room that he had left. I told him that again, I was not going to stay in a smoking room. He said I had to because at 6 pm in the evening, it was too late to cancel this room.

This Hotel is on a busy Highway. I again said, "I am not going to stay or pay for this room." He continued to write a contract for the room. I took the contract, didn't sign the bill, and left the hotel. I immediately called Booking.com. They said they would call the hotel and see what the problem was. When customer service got back on the phone. She told me they offered me another room, and I told her yes, that it was a smoking room, and I was not interested in staying in a smoking room and told her about my displeasure of how the clerk, and now customer service was telling me I had to stay in a smoking room.

I informed her at Customer service that I was never going to use Booking.com again, and I had to call American Express, and file a fraudulent charge, for them not having the room that I had originally booked. Terrible Customer service From Booking.com. I do not recommend that anyone use them if this is how they treat people with a conflict with a room

Booking.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

Booking.com Company Information