2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Booking.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: March 17, 2020

Whilst Booking.com is an excellent site I recommend staying away from accommodations that do not offer a refund for any reason including the corona virus. Wasted thousands of dollars on these accommodations. Be careful and only book with refundable accommodations. Worst example is Stockholm in Sweden, Venice in Italy, Pula in Croatia and Kotor in Montenegro.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

My card was stolen and a booking was made under the card, the customer service responded within 12 hours and agreed to cancel the trip without charges to my card, took care of any inconvenience and sorted it out.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I am very pleased with Booking.com and their customer service. I recently used them to book eleven different properties on my European vacation. All but one of the properties were perfect. Unfortunately that one has a crook for an owner. When I returned I contacted Booking.com and they refunded some money I had to pay for parking I didn't receive at this property. Then the property stole $437.96 from me on my credit card. I again contacted Booking.com who just one week later fully refunded the money. Every time I called I had just a short wait and I like that you can contact them with complaints through email as well. I also wanted to mention that I had a past bad experience where a hotel said they did not have my reservations upon arrival.

I called Booking.com who found us another hotel (Nicer) and paid the difference in price. I will be staying with Booking.com but I will be encouraging them to remove this property I had the problem with from their site. I am not exaggerating that this owner steals large amounts of money from people from all over the world on a regular basis. Hopefully Booking.com will take action on that.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I used the service on Booking.com. The page provides very accurate rooms and very reasonable prices. In particular, useful information and travel very clear, help me arrange a coherent trip. Thanks for booking for giving my family a wonderful vacation.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I used Booking.com to reserve 12 nights and a rental car on my recent trip. All of the accommodations were excellent. There was a minor "glitch" and Booking.com immediately resolved the issue. Personnel were extremely courteous and helpful!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

My money hasn't been refunded and when I try to call the Australian no: it's disconnected. To get my account reimbursed the $148.41 that was debited on the 16/09/2020, I have tried calling then, twittered, and now I have had to Call Lauren from The Argyle Accommodation at Hobart, Tasmania to help me. On the 16/10/2020 I was told by phone that the money would be in my account by Mon or Tues, also I was told to tell the Argyle Accommodation to back off and stop calling them and nothing since. When Lauren called me, they told her a fortnight, it is a fortnight over that one almost 4 weeks.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I am literally dumbfounded by the fact that this company is allowed to operate. They are an absolute scam and will offer things that the rental companies will not honor, then give you no opportunity to contact them for customer support and no refund. What a dumpster fire, nightmare of a company. BBB needs to shut them down.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I hired a vehicle online before my trip to Adelaide on Booking.com and the advert and confirmation stated the following, Pick-up Tuesday, 13 October 2020 09:00

Adelaide Airport. Further investigation revealed in fact that the hire car company was not at the Airport so I contacted booking.com to advise them of this and I wished to cancel the booking as the advertising was misleading. I was was told I would incur a cancellation fee of $131.00. I will steer away from this company as I want correct information on a booking site.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I have used Booking.com for many years to book hotels. The most recent booking is my last. I received a confirmation email for the price of my hotel stay at Hampton Inn. Upon checking out I requested a receipt and was told one would be emailed to me. It was not. When I checked my credit card I was charged more than the amount on my Booking.com email. I called the Hampton Inn and they told me they have nothing to do with it, Booking.com handles the charge. I also again requested a receipt and did not receive one. When I called Booking.com they requested a copy of my credit card charge, which I sent them. They then emailed me and said it was the Hampton Inn who was responsible for the charge, each company blaming the other and I am stuck paying.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Our anniversary was coming up. We were deciding on the Oregon coast hotels, and chose through Booking.com Elizabeth Hotel in Newport, OR because it was the only one available with Corner King Suite (double view). The price for two nights was about $585. We really anticipated the view above everything else. When we got there, we were given a regular king suit. Very disappointing. But in addition to that, the desk clerk, except telling us that all corner rooms are booked, did not offer any help or compensation even when I showed our email confirmation of a Corner King Suite. We were downgraded without our consent. I called Booking.com. They appeared concerned, telling us that we should be compensated, and that they would call Elizabeth hotel to discuss it with them. We waited and waited and waited on the line... No response from Booking.com.

Booking.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team