2.94/5
Based on 2,528 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Booking.com

Looking for a travel site?

Booking.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I always used Booking.com for my hotel plans and only once they almost failed me. So I got a long distance tickets to travel the other end of the world thru Booking - Turkish airlines. In the middle of the trip, I had to come back to the US so I quickly purchased one way ticket back and called Booking to let them know that I am cancelling the return portion for my first ticket. The representative was nice and said that Turkish airlines will reimburse 400$ if I schedule another flight within 12 months but it must cost at least 700$ as total for the trip.

Now after few months, I remembered that option and decided to use to make another long distance travel but when I called Booking.com they tried to reach out to Turkish airlines, where they got the answer that Turkish will reimburse only tax for the return ticket (Turkish airlines really broke my heart). But because Booking representatives understood the situation and in order to commit to what was promised reimbursed the whole ticket price to me! I really didn’t expect that. Thank you guys! You brought the best journey experience into my life.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have used the site before and found it very helpful. However, my most recent visit to Tampa, FL left me thinking wondering what process Booking.com took to properly vet the hotels they use. The hotel was HORRIBLE!!!! There was no indication that the rooms were outside access like a motel. The room was dirty and smelled. The first thing I thought of was that it looked like a place where prostitutes and pimps frequented!!! I went back to the office and requested a refund. The lady at the front desk gave me a “we hear that all the time” look and dismissed the charges. However, it took a week before the funds were returned to me. My family was able to find another hotel and we were told that they got lots of complaints about the hotel. I am hesitant to trust Booking.com to find a hotel after that terrible experience.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Long term reservations were made for my husband and son for a job. An emergency arose and they needed to leave. Manager would not undo the prepaid charges without Booking.com calling to change the dates to undo the long term reservation. There is a phone number for the motel, but they never answer the phone. I asked the agent if she would be willing to call my husband and have him give the phone to the manager. She agreed and all was taken care of in one phone call.

I had to wait quite a while on hold, but it was all worth it. The manager told me that if I had booked through him directly, he could have handled this himself, but I told him what happens every time you call... Once "0" is pushed for the operator, the call disconnects. He found out something he didn't know in that phone call as well. It all worked out in the end and I can't thank Booking.com enough for helping me take care of this. I've been using them for about 3-4 years now and never had a bad experience. I will continue to use them in the future.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Me and my wife went on a trip to the Bahamas. After the first night in our "resort" we checked out and switched to another place. Our original resort was booked thru Booking.com. I called them before checking out, made sure that our trip was refundable. The person I spoke to told me the nights we didn't use would be refunded 24-48 hours later. The resort also said they were okay with refunding the website as soon as the refund request would come thru.

A week later, after many failed attempts to get in touch with the hotel, I called Booking.com. The man I spoke to was not very helpful and seemed to have trouble communicating with me. There was a language barrier and also a lack of will to do his job. After a frustrating conversation that was getting nowhere I felt like I was cheated out of my near 800.00 I was expecting back.

At this point I was very upset and would have left a 1 star review and still feel like to that point I was poorly treated. BUT, then I called to make one final attempt to get my money back. A lady by the name of Susie picked up. I explained my situation and told her about my whole experience. She informed me with a lot of new correct information and the refund process. The email return request would be sent to the resort 24-48 hours after I called not refunded, then the resort can take up to 5-7 days to respond. Then it would take an additional 10-15 business days for the refund to be sent. None of this is anything I wanted to hear but was still happy to be properly informed finally.

Since the resort wasn't returning any of my phone calls and the 7 days had passed since the email was sent out I explained my concern and asked if anything else could be done. Not only did she call the resort and established communication with the accounting department for me she spoke to the manager there the following day and got them to accept the refund moments later saving me 5-7 days of waiting time. She followed up. I still have to wait for my refund for 10-15 business days but honestly that is a lot better than never seeing my money back. But for someone to follow up with me like they said they would, at the exact time, and date and go out of their way to resolve an issue, and provide correct information the first time around take someone else's mistakes and correct them is why I left this review. Susie I appreciate the work you did for me. This is what true customer service is.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Booked an inn with Booking.com. Some time later I found a lower cost at another site. Recorded the offer (took photographs indicating offer and date) and sent to Booking.com. They instantly reacted with an offer to discount the distinction after we have finished our inn remain, and introduced the receipt. Recently I sent the receipt, and at the beginning of today I presented the record points of interest for the discount per Booking.com ask. Guarantee acknowledged and I ought to expect discount in 7-10 days. I am absolutely awed with the manner in which Booking.com handle such demand. The imperative thing is to ensure that the bring down value you find is for the equivalent correct thing: same lodging, dates, abrogation approach and so forth). Likewise, make a point to take a picture of the offer. This will have a date stamp which Booking.com.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Recently booked through Booking.com a hotel which had listed a crib and hi chair in the room. Only to find after booking a non refunded room that they need to get in for us even though listed as free charging extra $10 a night. Ask to cancel booking with Booking.com but as the hotel refused refund Booking.com didn't want to know about it. Really rude considering false advertising.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Zen Zeng hotel is a great place to stay. Services is awesome. The staff are extremely friendy. Rashid really provides great services. It's near the city centre and it's convenient. Awesome location to be at.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I have used Booking.com for quite a few years now and usually I haven’t had a problem. Until recently when I emailed my accommodation through Booking.com to ask for a special request for my anniversary and Booking.com responded to it and accepted it telling me there would be no extra cost. When I arrived at the accommodation they did not have any record of any correspondence between themselves and Booking.com. I’ve tried numerous ways and times to deal with Booking.com they don’t seem to understand or accept that they have made a mistake and responded to my request. They keep trying to Fob me off with some nonsense about accepting my check in time when I never even mentioned a check in time. Their mistake but someone else’s problem. Be very careful when using the middle man ‘Booking.com’. My advice always go direct and deal with the hotels themselves. I Won’t be using Booking.com anymore.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Hi All, Well it was planned trip to interlaken from 17th October to 21st October but not the case with accommodation which I booked it. Let's explain you the story and giving you hint how Booking.com is cheating and careless about the customer nor bother once you booked room and well in need. It's truth said by many one these customer executives are just bluffing by using fancy words. Once you called they keep call on Hold more than hours, You may lose hell of money. Here.

Let's come back with main course of action. As said before going to interlaken I called 10 to 12 times to booking.com seeking for confirmation either my stay property is valid or not, where I BOOKED 2 bunk with 4 occupied 1 room. I called on 11th October for to have double check but owner said "Not possible. You have 1 kid" and he (owner) marooned and spoke rudely and disconnected the call. Next called to booking.com they said me "Dont worry sir you go owner accepted confirmation". Later words I mean next day owner sent messages no space.

Next called to booking.com CSR are just told all mugged up words. I asked communicate to manager and they able to connect MR ** MANAGER from booking.com. After huge discussions he sent me mail. They allocate private room. You go happily (attached mail copy here) in order little bit price increases, I said and accepted it.

On 17th oct reached hotel 9:30 P.M interlaken () as movement entered. He took my family to 6 bunk bed and told "Your family has to accommodate here". I said "Did you read the mail which sent by booking.com where I'm ready to pay extra money for private room", He didn't listen nor Interested to be pulled us in 6 bunk bed with my spouse and daughter around 2.6 and this time I called booking.com seeking assist arrange something for me. It's very difficult to stay but they kept on hold up to more than 1 hour (attached call history).

I don't know what I supposed to do when you are at unknown country and this owner barking and shouting at me "Why you calling to booking.com and telling me go out of this property". It's time of 10;00 PM ,17TH, late night it was happened on call on hold with booking.com CSR are heard everything but he just told "Call you back in hour" for something but nobody called.

None of them are came in to help neither Customer care executive Name called Karl, many names and Mr ** [Manager] they sent me hell. Now, owner started late night and saying "Dont use kitchen you have only 15 min". I said "We want to cook for daughter not for us. We can sleep empty stomach". He suddenly came and switch off the regulator and told times up dont use kitchen.

I wish this shouldn't happen to anyone near future. In order to do that we shouldn't book any thing from booking.com and they want only money. There is no word like hospitality in this company. Simply cheating and improving their asset by humiliating to customer and giving tension by talking about company norms. Be aware, Be careful. DONT TRY TO BOOK VIA BOOKING.COM and think thousands time before doing because you are alone or with family and trusted some company. Damn sure they ruin and should lead Here by attaching all the proofs. Confirmation number- **.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I won't ever book with you again. Ever. I have already contacted customer service about this and booking.com does not seem to care. I accidentally booked a room under duress. We got our days mixed up and had a booking in Portstewart Ireland that we didn't use because we went to Dublin a day early and found ourselves without a room. So I was sitting in the street with my luggage and people all around trying to get the Internet to book something and went in and booked a last-minute hotel. Then I realized the date defaulted to the NEXT day. So now I spent another $200 on a hotel for the wrong night! Totally my responsibility!

So I called within 30 seconds and customer service said they would take care of it and in the meantime could they find us something so we were not sitting in the street? The man was from India (I think) and he was super helpful and nice. So I booked ANOTHER hotel with booking and spent another $300 on a last-minute hotel within walking distance. They got paid 3x for one night and then informed me two days later that I wasn't going to get anything back for either of the other bookings. No help at all except to make more money. The only one I asked for money back on was the one I had literally books seconds before for the next night. So now, they have lost our business and I have started the process of leaving "reviews" about their "service".

Booking.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs