1.24/5
Based on 617 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a travel site?

2634 Booking.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

OMG... these buggers cancelled our reservation without our knowledge or asking and charged us as it was prepaid cancellation at full cost of cancellation. We reached at hotel with surprise, got embarrassed at the hotel, spent hours trying to resolve the issue. Booking.com wouldn't resolve it blaming it was made wrong so system automatically cancelled it. Though we have confirmation and pre-payment.

We ended up paying high price at the property, though we had lots of choices to book for miles, or other cheaper and better options and properties. Ruined our vacation completely due to frowning, hours lost in getting a room but no help from Booking.com. Their agents and supervisor we spoke to illogically try to cover up their mistake and wouldn't want to resolve the issue. Continue to say they haven't charged us for the booking, but they have. Charge is sitting on my credit card. Please have some self respect. Don't use Booking.com. There are 1000s of other sites.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Booked 2 nights in Tbilisi, 2 nights in Baku and then 2 nights in Tbilisi through Booking.com more than a month before traveling. Arrived in Tbilisi and tried to contact the accommodation. After a few attempts, got a response saying that the accommodation had been cancelled. Then I was told: "Do you know someone in Tbilisi? Try to find another place." I wrote to Booking.com (2 Aug 2018) but no response to date. Got caught in the rain so went into a coffee shop and tried to get alternate accommodation. Eventually did, 6 hours later. In the meantime, I got an email from Booking.com regarding my booking in Baku in 2 days time. I had requested a check in time of 11 am which had been confirmed. Now Booking.com wanted me to reconfirm the check in time in case my plans have changed. Strange! I did not respond immediately as I was too busy trying to arrange accommodation in Tbilisi.

The next day I got another message from Booking.com asking to provide my check in time. I did so and received a response that it is under consideration. Then I get a message saying that it was considered and would not be possible. Very strange indeed! Anyway, I arrive in Baku to find a place in a terrible state. Broken crockery and curtaining and an oven door that has become unhinged and tied back on with a ribbon. A mattress that was bigger than its base, a filthy bathroom mat, a broken table, two towels for four people, no toiletries, etc., etc... On the last day, we asked for a check out of 1 PM which was agreed to. Lo and behold, they arrive at 11h50 saying we have to go now. One of my sons had just gotten out the shower and the other was about to go for his shower. So I said but you agreed to a 1 pm check out time to which the guy replies that was someone else that agreed with you, not me. I said okay give me twenty minutes.

He was visibly upset that I had the nerve to ask for twenty minutes. So he leaves and then the power gets cut. Yep, at 11h55 the power gets cut. Back in Tbilisi a few days later I cannot wait to get to my booked accommodation after touring through Georgia for a week. One day before we write to Booking.com to re-confirm our booking which they (eventually) do. 40 kms outside Tbilisi, we send a message to the hosts saying that we wish to check in by 3 pm as arranged. No response. After another two attempts and also contacting Booking.com - who by the way, tells us to contact the hosts directly as they were unable to get a response, - we get a response simply saying "Okay". When we arrive at the accommodation, we are met by a lady who speaks no English - zip. All she is supposed to do is lead us to our accommodation. Eventually we get shown something completely different to what was advertised.

We would later find out that the place we had booked (non-cancellable) had been double booked and they now offered us something that was half the price (but of course would still charge us the full price). I refused and tried again to contact Booking.com. All I got was a response saying that this is a cancellation on the day that we are supposed to check in so the full amount will be due as cancellation fee. What!! I then called this crooks and followed it up with a written message making it clear that this was neither a cancellation nor a no show. We pitched for our booking and it was not available. There I was once again for the second time in Tbilisi without accommodation that I thought I had booked and for which I had confirmations. Another five hours later I managed to check in to alternate accommodation. So in total one day lost in Tbilisi due to Booking.com.

Booking.com is only interested in getting its commission - period. It's unbelievable how many people just search on Booking.com when they wanted to book accommodation. Do yourself a favour - look for alternatives. I will not mention any lest it appears as though I am advertising. The aforementioned was my experience with Booking.com during my last trip (August 2018). In 2017, I travelled throughout Italy staying at 17 (yes, seventeen) different hotels. One of those, a very nice hotel in Tropea, was booked through Booking.com. That was the only one of the 17 with which we had problems. We wrote a review and Booking.com published the positive points. I will never use Booking.com again.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

After a long wait and sorting our summer holiday we arrived to Spain, Madrid, rented a car and headed to Almeria to an apartment we booked- Apartamento Paraiso al mar. Booking.com had wonderful reviews on the site and that was the reason to book it. We arrived there with three kids after a long drive from Madrid. The place was filthy, full with hairy dump, with horrible smell of dump and far far away from the beach. Obviously we could not stay. The owner refused to give the money back and Booking.com said that they will open a dispute and it will take at least 5 days. We left without a place to stay with 3 children and with a loss of our travel budget.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I recently booked a property through Booking.com, but could not contact anyone when we arrived to check in. After several attempts to contact the property management and their parent company, we relocated to another hotel that was both sub-standard and more expensive. We contacted Booking.com for support and were told that our reservation would be cancelled at no charge and we would be reimbursed the difference between the cost of our original booking and the substitute one. The cancellation confirmation from Booking.com stated that the property had been double-booked more than twice in the past 12 months.

Property reviews posted on Booking.com revealed that other guests had experienced similar and worse problems with this property. Despite all these issues, Booking.com continues to feature the property as a 'top pick' on their site, thereby exposing more travelers to potential problems. It doesn't take a genius to know that by continuing to support this property, Booking.com is damaging their own credibility.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I booked a room for 3 days in Davao, Ph. I called the property 2 days before and the day before my arrival. They had no record of a reservation in my name or booking.com's confirmation #. I also sent the property 2 messages with no response. So I made other arrangements so we wouldnt be left out with no place on a weekend that the event was filling every decent place. I also called the booking customer service # twice and was hung up on the first time and told he couldnt help me the 2nd time.

Now all of a sudden they want to charge me the first day for a reservation that the hotel confirmed to me twice didnt exist! Now they say it was finally located. Is what booking says! HORSE HOCKEY!! They did not have a reservation so I found another. Now they will not give me all my money back and on top of that the hotel is booked full without me!! Never again will I use a company that doesnt take care of a good customer! NEVER! Go directly to the properties folks. Not the online ripoffs!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

My husband and I are very thankful to Booking.com. Wonderful team. We were victims of a Scam from the Hotel Casa del Rio in Puebla Mexico, and even when the Hotel refuse to return the 9 nights money (We paid 11 nights, two of them were a penalty for same day cancellation even when the hotel was at fault of total scam), Booking.com back up us and return the money of the 9 nights. It took 2 months, from the beginning of the cancellation to the refund day fighting with the Hotel Casa del Rio, exactly from May 23rd to July 24th 2018. Thanks to Booking.com team for all your support.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I booked a room at A Cape Cod Ocean Manor for July 22 through Booking.com. The room was completely filthy and absolutely stank. When I lay on the bed, I also began itching terribly. When I checked in earlier in the day, the key was tacked to the manager's office door. (This is also a violation of Massachusetts law which requires inns to verify the identity of their guests with ID). At the time, I rang the bell to the office door and no one answered. (I did check in before 5:00 p.m. and opened every window in the room, hoping the smell would improve while I went to dinner.)

At 11:00 P.M., I decided I had to move to a hotel. I booked the Hyannis Harbor Hotel through Booking.com again and changed hotels. I then complained to Booking.com and asked for my money back for A Cape Cod Ocean Manor Inn. I have proof that I booked both hotels from them for the same day. I also have proof of when I checked into the Hyannis Harbor Hotel and when I checked out. Booking.com did not give me my money back for the first inn. I also believe that the inn's reviews have been manipulated. In my entire life, I have never had to move out of an inn or a hotel in the middle of the night.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I planned a family trip to San Francisco from L.A. I had made booking for one night at one hotel at Los Banos (near to I-5) via Booking.com. Around 5 days before my trip, I just wanted to check the hotel amenities and address just to be prepared. I opened the app of Booking.com and got shocked that my booking was cancelled. It was written "Booking was cancelled by property". I immediately called hotel and asked about it. Manager said they did not cancel, they don't have access to cancel once booking is confirmed. Then I dialed to Booking.com. Then I called hotel again and they helped me to book one room there directly.

Funny thing is: Later I got an email from Booking.com (Screenshot Attached) saying: "Your booking has been confirmed for one night and ZERO rooms." I was not sure whether to laugh on it or continue being angry. This is so irresponsible of booking.com that they cancelled my reservation themselves and did not even notify me. They even did not respond well when I complain about it. They send me several emails regarding their "Good for nothing" promotions but they are irresponsible enough to forget notifying me for cancelled reservation.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I was very dissatisfied by a booking I placed. It was misleading and wasn't a bed and breakfast but someone's home. I have complained numerous times to booking.com and asked for my money back. Instead of contacting me they posted my booking as a no show and is completely ignoring me. They do not care what they post on their site, whether the hotel, etc. is a good hotel, they just want the kickback for getting someone to book a room.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Booked an Apartment in Pizzo, Italy, from the US, after viewing the website thoroughly of Residence Sabbia Di Marinella for 10 days. Had no international cellphone service so informed them of time of arrival. The host was 2 hours late arriving to let us in. We had to stand outside the gate in high heat while waiting. We voiced our anger over this and then she proceeded to ask for the security deposit and tax that we were aware of but wanted additional money for "cleaning of apt" and "use of linens" (towels, bed linens, dish towels, etc.). We refused as that was not the contracted fee for the rental. There was to be WiFi, sea view, hair dryer, as listed on website as well as photos. There was no phone for local calls either. We were stranded with no way to communicate.

After first day we had no hot water for 3 days. Made a few calls to her from a friend who was visiting his family here but she refused to address the issues. On the 4th day we moved to another hotel which of course cost US, for the remainder of the 7 days. Emailed Booking.com with the complaint and was told to talk to the facility to work it out! No one should ever use this company. If there is any way to hold them responsible legally I would do so. In the meantime I will utilize social media and word of mouth!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I booked a hotel through Booking.com for the first time, I found the site a little confusing and had to keep going back to check I had booked correctly, I received an email to confirm my booking. My friend and I turned up at the hotel with only 1 hr before our show started to find we had no booking. After further investigation discovered it was booked for the following month on a completely wrong date, they had no rooms and happily found another hotel for us, but I had to pay again.

I called the next morning to be told it was not their problem. Was on the phone an hour to Thailand, then emailed, then called a further 5 times to eventually be told they were sorry and that I would get a refund, that was 7 days ago! No refund. Another call where I insisted they call me back, I was told they had no manager, it’s in the hands of the technical team, it’s not their problem, I would get a refund by the end of the month, by then it will be two months since I paid for this shocking service. Note to self, stay away from Booking.com.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I want to review this company because I want people to know how bad their customer service is when things go wrong. I paid twice for my hotel through Booking.com and hotel owner who insisted no one pays before they get there - they don’t get customers credit card numbers - despite several emails and calls Booking.com say they have no record of the booking. Their customer services representatives are clueless that Booking.com also book through Agoda and therefore you end up with a different reference number. It is therefore your fault that you don’t have a Booking.com reference number.

They ignored all the paperwork I sent them including email from Booking.com saying that I already paid. I've contacted the hotel since and they said that Booking.com never even contacted them. The hotel Song Bintang Villas in Lembongan insist that Booking.com refund me the money, not them. The last I spoke to Evelyn from Booking.com on the phone who took my email address to try and find the booking - she never got back to me. I emailed documents through the Booking.com customer service email several times - they obviously go nowhere!

Each time I call there's a new person dealing with it who absolutely knows nothing and insist that I didn’t book through Booking.com because I don’t have a reference number. I have screenshots of my Booking.com confirmation but obviously their email doesn’t work. One genius there contacted me to say she thinks she might know what happened with reference to Agoda but never got back to me. Truly hopeless company and one person making a fortune.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Well, I have just come back from my 4 week trip with family and used Booking.com for most of our accommodations. One of them got double-charged. Very obvious to see the 2 transactions with exact same amount at the same time. I contacted them and they asked for all sorts of information including a copy of my credit card. I have no idea why that matters since they should be able to see the bank transaction on their side easily enough. Anyway, I followed their instruction to submit all the details they wanted.

Then they didn't come back for a few weeks. Finally I called them back and they said they can see the two same transactions but I have to provide the merchant reference numbers. I contacted the bank and the bank said they can't give them out. I returned to Booking.com and now they say they cannot see the double-charge. I have lodged the chargeback request with the bank but it will take 6 weeks. Seriously, does it have to be this hard? I can't believe how hard Booking.com made me to work to get the money back which they double-charge. I am not using them ever again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I booked a hotel a month ago for an event two months in advanced. A month before my event my hotel reservation was cancelled by Booking.com with no reason given and when I called to try and figure out what has gone wrong, my calls were not answered. The event is quite popular and it was hard enough finding the hotel two months in advanced. I was left scrambling to find a new hotel. I found one that was more expensive than the one I booked with Booking.com. I am outraged that Booking.com cancelled my hotel reservation out of nowhere and with NO reasoning behind it. I will never be using this unreliable website ever again!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Booking.com is good when things go right but the moment things go wrong they are not reliable and trustworthy. I had a horrible experience with a reservation a few weeks ago and a terrible, following customer service. The amount of stress and the cancellation, the impact it had on me, my party and the trip, the time it took to resolve the issue with that reservation, with no fault of my own, consequent poor customer service which repeatedly ignored my complaints and request to address the issue of impact on my travel was so devastating I will never use booking.com ever again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I booked a room at The New Yorker Hotel. All selections other than I one I chose were refundable. But my room was not refundable. This fact was in small print on the room and I did not see it. Within 48 hours of booking a reservation that was 6 weeks away, I discovered that I needed to cancel. This is when I learned the reservation was nonrefundable. I was told by the hotel I could change the dates by calling Booking.com and asking them to call the New Yorker. I have been calling Booking.com for 2 days. They answer their phone with an automated message that says, "Try later. We are busy." This 4 night reservation is costing me $1500. And I can't use it. I will never use Booking.com again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I had an absolutely terrible experience with Days Inn Lundys Lane Niagara last week. I had booked a spa bath five days in advance. I had phoned at 3:30 to confirm my booking and told everything was fine. I arrived at 7:30 and the room was given away. We were downgraded to a room I would have never chosen at that cost. It was a long weekend so we were virtually hostage to the situation. It would have been very difficult this late in the game to find a room. When we left the hotel had grossly overcharged our credit card. The room at been booked at $144 but they had charged our credit card $344 plus $150 security plus parking which they had promised to waive tying up over $500 on our credit card. When I contacted the general manager she was rude and unhelpful.

It wasn't until Booking.com got involved that I received any compensation for this terrible experience. I've had this happen before. I have a feeling that motels are blaming the booking agents when they sell rooms that are reserved at a higher price. I've had my spa bath given away on four different occasions with the motel blaming the agency. I know the motel had the reservation and the room was prepaid. There was no acceptable explanation for them to sell our room and leave us with a subpar arrangement. I so appreciate Booking.com for making the motel accountable for what they had done.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I spent March and April of this year travelling around Auckland staying at Guest Houses - advertised through Booking.com. Most were own by foreigners usually Asian. The standard of cleanliness and the professionalism of those running them left much to be desired. Booking.com blurb of the host being friendly and knowledgeable about New Zealand and Auckland was not true. All were just interested in making a quick buck. Two properties took my ID and made copies of it. I contacted Booking.com regarding this as being unnecessary as I was worried about identity theft. Booking.com was not the least bit concerned. Having stayed at about 9 different properties none matched the excellent reviews posted on their website. I would not use them again or other websites similar. It is obvious that these houses and the people who run them are not checked. There is no criteria.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

My name is Shaliza ** from Malaysia. My friend and I with our family have recently stayed at Goreme Cave Room in Cappadocia, Turkey. The exact date of visit was between 1st August to 3rd August, 2018. My friend who did the booking is Ms Angeling **. We had bad experience with this hotel: 1. There were no cleaning service. Beds were not made up: towels not replaced, rubbish uncollected, etc. 2. Request were not met even after requesting a couple of times, like asking for iron and ironing board. 3. The receptionist were rude. 4. The room were un-airconditioned during summer and there were no information in the website stating such.

We were surprised that such hotel could receive 9.8 rating from Booking.com. More shocking were the hotel has erased our booking as "no show to the property" because they are afraid that we would write bad review about them. I wish Booking.com would do the necessary and warned all hotels not to do such thing (as the above) in order to receive good ratings.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I really wish I would have read these reviews before I booked through this scam of a company. I mistakenly booked a room for one night as the website's default dates. This was 3 weeks in advance. After 5 minutes I realized the mistake I canceled the booking. I called after a couple days as the charge was still billed to my credit card. The customer service rep told me she needed to email the hotel and she'd get back to me in 2-3 days. After a full of week of not receiving an email or phone call I decided to call back. They informed me once the reservation was booked they would not be able to do anything about it. I could barely understand the customer service reps and they were very rude and unhelpful. All I have to say is actually read the fine print because this company will definitely screw you any chance they can. I find this to be a scam as I am giving the hotel plenty of time to find another party to fill my place.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I contacted booking.com by email to cancel a reservation and it was not forwarded to the hotel till the following day. So I ended up getting charged for the room. Very poor service from booking.com. When I spoke to the rep. he blamed the hotel. Not their fault if they don't get the request. BOOKING.COM sucks.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

First of all, the place is in a very low-down neighbourhood, dirty, and dangerous, in Lisbon. There is no garden, no terrace, as it was written on the booking website. Also, if you have a dog, you can't let him in because his dog is very aggressive. So in the end, he does not allow pets… His dog almost bit my mother. Secondly, the host, Pedro just continued to push us to pay 35€ non even negotiable, for arriving at 7 pm and not 6 pm, which wasn't written nowhere in Booking.com! We told him if we could pay him the next day, given that we were going to stay 3 nights, he said no, he wanted to money right away. He started to be aggressive, yelling at us, and saying that he had to leave, that he was in a hurry, and blackmailed us that he was going to call the police.

As we were very uncomfortable, we told him that we wanted to cancel and accepted to pay the one night that he had lost, but wanted to be refunded for the other 2 nights. He said we had to go though Booking.com, we cancelled and told him he had to accept the cancelation, he said that he wasn’t the host and that he was not going to do anything.

Last but not least, we called Booking.com and explained all the situation, they told us they were going to contact the host. We received an e-mail which informed us that nothing could be done. We contacted booking.com 4 times, explaining each time the situation, they all cut the call each time on purpose, or said everything was our fault. Nothing was solved, unlike Airbnb, where everything is clear about cancellation fees and everything, and where the client is also well treated as the hosts. Airbnb tries to understand your situation, and always finds solutions!! For this reason, we are not using Booking.com again, and for you all please be careful!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

OK, I have used Booking for a number of years and have never had any problem until a recent trip when I had booked 6 different accommodations for a 15 day tour of Croatia and Slovenia. All was OK except many of the places were apartments and it really wasn't clear that we'd need to pay in cash. It is obviously much better to exchange cash at home in the UK rather than be withdrawing cash abroad... Bank charges and cash advance fees on credit cards! The biggest problem I've found is that recently their accommodation details are not clear and in one case see end deliberately misleading resulting in a 3 night stay in 30+ degrees of heat without air conditioning despite it being listed as a facility.

I called Booking because I made such a fuss. The accommodation said they'd discount my stay if I canceled the booking online but the cancellation fee was the total cost and I feared being charged the discounted rate in cash and then having my card charged for the cancellation fee. Booking called the owner who denied offering a discount rate so I didn't cancel. At the end of the stay we were asked if we canceled for the discount rate, obviously I hadn't so they said, 'oh sorry, you will have to pay full amount.' I called Booking to tell them that they'd been lied to and to let them know what had been said, they also told me that an error of the scale of no air conditioning if it's listed carries a 20% discount and that the rate I'd been offered as a discount was really generous.

Not helpful given that I'd missed out on it by this point. They did give me a 10% refund but they're doing absolutely nothing about the dishonest accommodation owners they are representing by putting the accommodation on their site. I will use Hotels.com from this point forward, I have already noticed that they have more hotels than Booking, especially as booking seem to want to focus on apartments rather than hotels now. I think they have a lot to learn!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Since 2014, I use Booking.com service for all my personal and business trips hotel booking. Today I'm disappointed with the service because of their partner client Hotel de Berne. I had a booking on March 31st 2018 at this Hotel for 6 nights for my vacation in the Nice city but they cancelled on 13th AUG, just one day before my reservation date. The given reason that my card is invalid and they have overbooking on the hotel. I have proved that my card is valid by getting an email from banker (debit card department) and forwarded to Booking.com customer service.

Initially, Booking.com service promised to help me out but at the end their service also worst and similar to the Hotel service. Both of them are dishonest to their services and clients. I'm really frustrated why I'm using your service for all these days. They ruined my vacation just before the day and I have no option and to cancel all my arrangements because of their false commitment. Please don't ever say again that the problem is with my card and nothing to do with card. Problem is with your business and commitments and I would request you to not to cheat any customers during their holiday plan especially who travelling with their babies/ Family.

I have contacted Booking.com who asked me to prove that my card is valid and kind of motivation like that they help me out to keep the reservation. I have forwarded my bank confirmation about the working of my card. They simply ask me to book some other hotels because they don't have any control over their partner hotels for this type of dishonest situation and they try to convince that banker mail is not a proof and the agent and his manager trying to be rude to close my case.

My feedback may not stop their business but at least some of the common people will stay away from their especially when they plan for a vacation well in advance because this hotel will cancel your reservation if they got any high demand/price during the seasonal times. I'm wondering how Booking.com promote their services for business purpose when they do this type of discomfort to their clients.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

This is on-going with the Pattaya Tourist police, Thailand, and also the Bank of NSW, Australia, for fraud. These people took money from my account, yet it was advertised it would all be done, when I arrived on the premises. Because they said I never used their driver, and I went to the man who had my name held up, so I went to safety. This was at Bangkok International, a major airport, and it is huge. The driver with my name on his placard, took me the almost 2 hour trip down to Pattaya/Jomtien, and delivered me to Jomtien Beach Condo, by Pattaya Realty.com. No-one had the key to my unit, that I had ordered in May. The r?e plus Booking.com took 5000Baht from my account, for services, and US100 which became $277 in Australian Dollars. I had nowhere to go, so the Security Officers let me make a "BED" on a bench in the foyer, til the morning, and this was all sorted. It never was.

The agent never made herself known, and her comments to the reception staff, was it was my fault, I couldn't get access to my unit, as I had not used their driver. All this over $50. My Australian Bank is now investigating a few things, but to be sure, Booking.com, should be removed. They are mercenary, and I believe, hand in hand with the Pattaya R/E, after reading some of the reviews. I am nearly 78. My late wife and I went to Thailand nearly every year, from 1991. This trip was to walk where we had been. I came back to Australia, after a week, as I couldn't believe this happened to me. I have been to the Doctors, and am under medication. Unfortunately, the S in Land of Smiles should stand for land of Scams. They are so good at it. Brian ** This was from 1st August 2018 until 10th when I escaped!!

Updated on 08/14/2018: This is a follow on from my other review you have printed. Thank you for that. Booking.com and Pattaya Realty said they cannot refund any of my money. FOR NO, ZILCH, service!!! They have virtually stolen my money. They need to be closed down!! The e-mail came today, where they said I hadn't used their driver from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya, so I don't deserve any help. They said I didn't make myself known to them, but surely as "Business" people they, should have come to me. I was sitting on the bench in the foyer, since the night before!! Reading the reviews/complaints about these people, it seems to be a pattern that they use. The 200 USA dollars they took out of my account, became $277 Australian, and went through CYPRUS!! The Tourist Police are looking at "Money Laundering". Will anything happen?? I doubt it, knowing how things work in Asian countries with officialdom.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I made a reservation that had a free cancellation policy. I did cancel in time but the hotel still charged me. Called Booking and told me the property would refund my money in 7 to 10 business day. Day 12 I called back because I never received my refund. The guy from Booking was extremely rude and make me send a copy of the transaction... I can see it will be a while before I receive a refund. It sucks having your money taken and then waiting to get it back!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

When booking my overnight stay in Portofino the price on Booking.com was 117€ in bold red lettering. As we were booking at very short notice I believed this to be a last minute deal. As I progressed through the booking the cost of 260€ was crossed out and 117€ was stated. When I completed the booking the price of 260€ came up. I couldn't cancel the booking at the stage, so thought I would discuss it with the hotel. They knew nothing about a price of 117€. I have since been in contact with Booking.com, and because I didn't screenshot their page with the price of 117€ on, they can't do anything. Why would I screenshot their page? Don't they know what prices they are advertising? What I thought to be a last minute offer, turned out to be very expensive. I'm not impressed with Booking.com and won't be using them again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I booked a hotel reservation through Booking.com. 3 weeks before I had to change my reservation, which was allowed. I arrived at my hotel at 9:00 after 4 hours of traveling only to find out that my reservation had not been updated and the hotel was completely booked. The desk clerk at the hotel said they have had many problems with Booking.com lately. I called customer service and the first lady tried to find me a different hotel. I was placed on hold for 20+ minutes (meanwhile the hotel I went to found me an alternate hotel) and got disconnected. They never tried to call me back.

I again called Booking.com and repeatedly asked to speak to a manager but was denied. They were no help with my situation and offered me no incentives for my trouble. It was after 10:00 that I got off the phone with them. I booked my own room for less than I would have paid them, although I did have to book an additional room because this hotel was also close to capacity. If I would have been able to get the two rooms I needed it would have been less. With the extra room it did end up costing more but I would have rather spent my own money rather than paying Booking.com. Although I repeatedly expressed my dissatisfaction at my experience, no one has called to offer their apologies.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

This site is such an unreliable way to book hotels. They do not always post accurate reviews. They will offer options that are not accepted at the hotel or not true. For me, I stayed at a hotel. I was forced to extend my stay. The hotel said it would refund any unused nights. Booking.com refused to honor this promise and instead, pretty much said, "oh well, we're sorry." They don't care. I will NEVER EVER book with them again. I will either go thru Airbnb or Hotels.com, or another site. Never again will Booking.com get the best of me. Look at them, not even a 1 star business. Why are people still booking with them? I do not get it. I didn't realize that this happens to everybody who books with them. Amazing! I was incredibly stupid. Not anymore.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have used this service in the past and was satisfied until my last experience with them. Somehow, and I don't know how so that is why I recommend you read the small print, I'm now in a charge the entire amount and not refund plan even though throughout the entire reservation they told me I didn't have to pay until I was there. Well, THAT IS A LIE! I am now out $330 because of this ridiculous plan that I didn't even sign up for. Will never use them again.

Not sure about Booking.com?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Sites for you.

Booking.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

MI
    49508-3405
    www.booking.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business