2.0/5 (836 ratings)

About Booking.com

Booking.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

What a absolute nightmare!!! I booked and paid for a studio suite. At check in they tried charging my card 250. Deposit plus 75.00 pet clean up. The Deposit I knew would be there but the pet clean up it didn't say anything about putting it over my credit limit (covid19 maxed out my cards) which without the card they wouldn't let me stay.

Booking.com tried to get ahold of the hotel and said they were dumping the card and if they didn't respond in 30min they would have to get us another comparable room and if it was more money the first hotel would have to pay for it. They would be calling me back in 30mins and sending me my first choice. If they didn't accept the first two I could pick one. First they didn't call back. I called them back when it had been over a hr. Every time talking to them I was put on hold for a really long time. We're talking like 15-20min. The first two choices were basic hotel rooms. I paid for a studio suite with kitchen, breakfast buffet, gym, outside bbq and fire rock area.

After being on hold with for 4hrs trying to find a room I found one that would work. The customer service guy told me they would take care of everything if I was over they would cover it. Got hung up on 4 times and the last was put on hold hung up on and not called back. Before getting to the hotel 4hrs later the last customer rep I talked said they couldn't get through to the hotel we wanted, but to book it myself and they would take care of it. I told them if I book it they will want to charge my card and I don't have the extra money on my card to send. No problem Sir. We will take care of everything. Well I get there and of course they try to charge my card and declined. You know how embarrassing that is.

I explained what happened and she says they just need a code to charge it to booking.com, so I call again. They tell me it has been instant refunded so it should be ok. I tell them if it was my card wouldn't have been declined. They tell me refund takes 7-14 days and there is nothing they can do to get me the room. I wait another 20mins to talk to a supervisor and the same bs, after be promised a room I was left sleeping in my car and have to wait 7-15 days to get my money back. All after sending close to 5hrs on hold. I'm still mad to say the least I'll never use them. Don't recommend them and if I can take legal action I will

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

I booked a trip for seven from Boston, Mass. to Italy round trip. On the website it encouraged booking because it is refundable within 24 hours. When I later showed the flights to my wife, she didn't love them so I cancelled the reservation. On my credit card statement I was short $389 on the refund. When I called, I was told Lufthansa does not refund the seat selection. Well who knew? It is not mentioned anywhere on the website. It is mean and cheap of Lufthansa to not refund that amount (They will still resell those seats), and it is wrong for Booking.com to not inform we customers. Both companies have lost my business.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I bought 3 tickets and paid more to have the availability to change dates. I called well in advance and they never had a date available to change my ticket no matter the date I provided. I was told to look at Copa airlines before calling again to see available date but when calling they kept saying there is no availability (available dates at copa website). I even changed the months but was told that I could not change my ticket because there was no date available. First and last time I buy with Booking as I will have to buy another ticket to come back.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I booked a round trip flight on booking.com from Miami to San Juan. On the way back, when I arrived to the airport, I was told that my flight was rescheduled by booking.com. I never requested a change. Also, after I booked a flight, booking.com offered me to reserve a taxi from the airport to my hotel for $50. I decided not to reserve. When I arrived I found out that the taxi was only $25.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I placed a reservation for a week long stay in Yellowstone at the West entrance. After placing the Reservation using my phone I was supposed to receive an email with a confirmation number and a pin number. Once I hit the confirm button for the reservation it appeared to place the reservation and then the screen went blank. I never received an email with a confirmation number or a pin number. I then tried to Contact Booking.com via the phone. You cannot get a human voice unless you enter a confirmation number and a pin number which because I never got an email with those numbers I could not enter them. Being impossible to reach a human I called my credit card to cancel the reservation.

My credit card company Refunded the amount but then reapplied it the following day. I book a new reservation with booking.com and was billed for a new amount for that reservation. Using that confirmation number and the pin number I was able to contact booking.com and speak to a human representative. They said to give them several days to get my refund but they would not give me any of their informatyou shouldn't i.e. Any direct numbers or emails to contact them directly. I have never received a refund for the $1,502.71. 2 years earlier I had a similar issue with reservations made in Scotland. Due to covid the owners of the properties would not refund us the money. booking.com did nothing to help us out in that situation. Moral of the story is do not trust booking.com. My advice is not to do business within ever again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I should have been smarter and read these reviews before buying plane tickets from them on Nov 24. After purchase, I realized that I had made a mistake with my name. Four different people emailed me asking for a copy of my passport, which I provided. Today is Jan 18, and my flight is tomorrow. My name remains unchanged. Wish me luck! Also, this company's system does not allow the input of any airline loyalty program number. What kind of antiquated system is this??

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

If I could give no star at all I would. In short, I book a motel with this company for 2 nights online. After the confirmation, we went to motel. At the reception, we found out that if we don't have a credit card we have to give in advance big security deposit. It was impossible for us, so we informed the desk that we are going to cancel. Well, as soon as we contacted the company Booking.com that we unable to continue with the services, and we wish to cancel, we found ourselves with the company that didn't respond, nor refund anything. After several attempts it was same result. In conclusion, I should read all reviews first before prosed with this company. I hope my review would prevent other people to be scammed in the future.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I had a guest no-show. That was by guest's mistake. Turned into legitimate stay and Booking.com invoice was created, which after I months of disputes was cleared with the guest. However it was never processed by multiple mistakes by various subcontracted teams that Booking.com employs and me as a partner was sued and my invoice went to debt collectors. While call center agents confirmed in writing the mistake is with them multiple times I was told I have to pay to debt collectors which I did and my refund will be issued in the form of credits. Soon after I did that I received a final verdict that my case is closed and I will not receive credit back and my invoice has not been resolved either. Taking them to court as we speak as this is mobster not a legitimate business.

Božo

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

My mother booked a trip on Spirit airlines through booking.com. However, she had to cancel the trip for health related reasons. We called booking.com to cancel the day before the flight and requested a refund according to Spirit’s reservation policy. However, according to Spirit, Booking.com never requested a refund. On several occasions I called Booking.com’s customer service department and the agents were rude and did not want to let me speak to a supervisor. I never received a response to my written requests for refund besides automated receipt acknowledgments. We eventually gave up on a refund request, but vowed never to reserve through booking.com again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

My Experience of Booking.com was a Nightmare. Their App malfunctioned re CC details saying it needed updating (which it did not as it's used weekly). I bought tickets for an Event and never Got the Product or a refund and Had to buy new tickets at the Event. When booking Hotel it said Pay on Arrival But then a week before the App said I would lose the Booking if I did not pay beforehand. I had to phone the Hotel and Pay Directly with them to make sure of my Booking and even then their App did not update to show I'd paid in Full in Advance. I had to deal direct with Hotel to get any Joy. I did have success with the Hire Car, but suspect that was luck? Would never Use Booking.com again. Be Warned.

Booking.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

Booking.com Company Information