2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.8/5 (1696 ratings)

About Booking.com

Booking.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: May 15, 2021

Excellent site. Gives options of booking with or without cancellation options. A must in this covid19 environment. The site clearly lists all room options at the business or resort hotel with photos making an informed selection easy.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Most sites are fairly easy to use. To really get to want you want, you have to wade through the sites. With booking.com, it is all in one site, offers not bad prices but it takes awhile to get through everything. It would be nice to get better offers for combined bookings - flight, car and motel/ flight and car/members repeat booking savings.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I am the customer freaked out by Booking. I have been struggling with the company called Booking more than 15 months. Although I've corresponded many times for 15 months, they still haven't solved my problem. I'm really getting crazy. I'm not thief. Just would like to get back my own money that "Booking.com" retain more than one year. I have never seen such company which remain insensitive customer complaint....

Original review: June 17, 2021

I have been a Booking customer for at least 8 years. I am a member of Genius & when I tried to book this week, I was offered a Genius discount at one of the pricier hotels in NYC. I have attempted to reserve & the site would not accept any of my credit cards. Of course, I check with the cards & they did not even receive a request for Booking for any amount. Then, I received an email from booking inviting me to complete my reservation. When I tried to do that, the amount for the room was at least $100 more per night, i.e. without any discount. I have attempted to contact the company & received an unhelpful email telling me to call but not providing a phone number. When I finally called they refused to talk to me because I did not have a reservation confirmation number. Of course, I did not have it because they did not accept my credit cards.

It appears to me that Booking has attempted to use Bait & Switch - i.e. offer the discount but when I attempted to pay, refusing to process payment with the discount. It is clearly evidence by the follow up email inviting me to finish payment form for the much higher rate. This is a violation of US law, the Lanham Act. I am very disappointed in their services and in complete absence of customer support. Recommend against using it.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I made an online reservation to fly from Orlando to Reagan Airport on Booking.com with the assurances that I could cancel within 24 hours at no charge. I had to cancel and called within 20 minutes after making the reservation. I was on hold for an hour with Bookings.com, first half hour I reached a person named Bittu but they could not hear me, the second call I waited half hour to speak to Ane in a garbled voice. She said that I had to call Spirit and cancel first. I then called Spirit and cancelled at no cost. I then had to call back Booking.com to let them know which I did after another hour waiting on the phone again. Obviously, they make it hard to change plans. Finally, I then spoke to a person Supervisor who said that I was going to be charged by Booking.com for the $45 baggage fee of Spirit. I asked how they could penalize me when they do not provide the service after I cancelled according to terms.

I then asked to speak to another Supervisor who said I had to call Spirit again and that they were a contractor of Booking.com. I told him I was complaining to the FCC and that as an attorney I was aware that it was a scam and I was ready to to call FCC. I got the address of Glen D. Fogel, President, who is in charge for future reference. I was told it could take two weeks maybe if I got my money back. Of course, I am waiting and will advise here if they are true to their advertising. How can a Contractor change the terms of a purchase from Bookings. com?

Original review: June 15, 2021

I book a reservations through "Booking.com" for stay at Studio 6 located at 5645 N University Drive, Coral Springs Florida. I booked a room from Thursday night June 10 through Sunday June 13, 2021. My stay was horrible!!!! I wouldn't recommend NOBODY to use ANY OF THEM FOR BUSINESS!!! I sent booking.com a previous email about my 1st night stay. The infestation of roaches in room 119 was so bad in the bathroom and kitchen. The roaches got into the chicken that we left in a bag on the kitchen counter. The smell/odor in the room was horrendous and the size of the beds was smaller than I expected.

Initially I wanted to leave this hotel because me and the booking.com representative couldn't reach anyone at the front desk to report the problems. After serveral attempts by phone calls from me. The representative tried calling them then she sent them a email but nobody responded. Finally the manager and a front desk employee arrived and I explained to them what happened with room 119. Upon talking with my daughter and the manager, we decided to stay. The manager switch our room from 119 to 251 and refunded us $56.50 due to the problems in room 119.

When we got to room 251, we noticed the suction in the toilet was horrible because we had to flush the toilet at least 10 times before the water would go down. We also noticed the hot water wasn't working properly. After noticing these issues I notified the front desk and they sent the maintenance man over to resolve the issues and he claimed the problems were fixed. Two days later (6/13), in the morning when I went to use the bathroom and tried to flush the toilet the water in the toilet wouldn't go down. I tried to notify the front desk but they weren't open at the time.

I then waited until 8:50am which is when I noticed a car parked in the front of the office and I seen another guest go inside. I walked over to the office and the employee mentioned that they weren't open until 9am but because he was in a good mood he would assist me and the guest I seen walking in previously. I explained the situation to him and he told me I would have to wait until the maintenance arrive which would be sometime between 9-9:15am. He also stated that he would send the maintenance man straight to my room even though he had two other issues that needed the maintenance attention because my issue took priority.

I then returned back to my room and sat on the bed. I heard noise coming from the toilet while my daughter was taking a shower. I went into the bathroom, lifted the lid up and I noticed the water rising and making noise. I ran outside my room because I remembered there were two plungers sitting by the trash cans when I returned from talking to the front desk earlier. I grabbed one of the plungers and ran back into the bathroom and started plunging. The more I plunge the more water began to run. After 2 plunges the water started running very fast everywhere out of the toilet.

I ran back to the front office and notified the front desk employee that I spoke to earlier that now the water is running out the bathroom into the room and is wetting up our belongings. The front desk employee stated he would call to see if the maintenance man was on the property so he could send him over immediately. Upon returning back to the room I seen water coming out the front door and when I went into the room I saw all our luggage and personal belongings that was on the floor wet.

At that point I became angry, and began to walk back to the front desk and the maintenance man and I met in the middle of the street and I notified him all of our stuff is wet and the water was running out the room. He turned around and ran back into the office to grab some tools and then came to the room. I went back to the my room and called the police. I that point my daughter said, "Mommy I'm going over there to talk with the manager."

While I was in process of going over to the front desk with my daughter. The police dispatch called me back and asked me to meet the police officer in front. At the same time I was on the phone with dispatch walking towards the front of my vehicle, my daughter and the manager had a began to argue. They argued about him only wanted to refund back 1 day instead of our entire stay. Tayana want him to refund all our money because the whole room was flooded with water and feces for over 3 hours. All our luggage and personal belongings were wet.

We had to throw away some of our personal belongings like, toothbrush, tooth floss, paper towels, etc.. We had to drive from Coral Springs, Florida to Orlando, Florida in wet clothes. We had to purchase washing powder and other cleaning supplies to wash our clothes. Also my vehicle needs to be detailed due to the wet luggage due to smell. The flood was so bad that upon checking out, I was told by the front desk employee due to the problems in our room, two other guest complained about water from the ceiling leaking into their room downstairs. Booking.com is stating there is nothing they can do because the manager of Studio 6 is refusing to return any of our money from the room 251. The manager at Studio 6 said because she damage the lobby and she wasn't on my reservation. They won't refund my money back. He is lying!!!

1. Why didn't he come outside and tell the police that Tayana is inside destroying their property while the police and I was outside of hotel front desk standing in the street talking?
    2. There's no way I would book a hotel for 1 person. Tayana has been my caregiver for over 15 years. I can't drive far distance by myself. She or someone has to travel with me due to my disabilities.
    3. Also, I IMMEDIATELY sent email directly to Studio 6 when I received the confirmation and saw that it was wrong number of guests listed. See attached picture.
    4. I asked them to pull the cameras to see exactly what happened with Tayana and the manager but they refused to.

5. She only push the policy paper frame which is 8 by 11 paper that has the rules of mask wearing and social distancing over.

I uploaded 2 pictures at checkout. Please note that the lobby is not destroyed. (The black circle on counter is where the frame of policy was sitting at she pushed over.) Also I have video of what happened in room 252 but can't upload to website.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I booked a hotel through Booking.com. I arrived for my vacation to find out that Booking.com made no reservations with the hotel and I was left with no hotel room in the midst of my vacation. Booking.com customer service told me "to find your own hotel". I had to lag my suitcases around and search for a last-minute expensive hotel room - what a horrible experience I had.

Now I am requesting my money back for the initial reservation and the difference I had to pay out of my pocket for the failed accommodations. I spent hours and hours on the phone and via email with Booking.com and they refuse to issue the refund. Horrible company to work with. They won't issue your refund and it is not their first failed reservations based on what the hotel owners told me when I was searching for accommodation all frustrated and in tears.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Do not use Booking.com and Agoda - are two are sister companies but they do fraud transactions by making verbal commitments. They cancelled my booking on 28th May at 3.15 PM over the phone, saying full refund will be given to me. Later, they only gave me 50%. When I reached out the property, I found booking.com received 100% but they only gave me half of refund. It means, booking.com simply kept 50% with them instead of passing that refund to me. They kept saying, they have no control over sister company. They do it on purpose.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I booked a rental car on Oahu with Booking.com. They sent me to Dollar out there. At the place, when I arrived Dollar rep told me there is an additional about $100 extra charge - "taxes and fees". He said I can either sign or look around for another company. I had absolutely no choice - nearly midnight, and that is - before looking for the rental place to stay, and in addition that time the prices were skyrocketing on Hawaii! Did Booking know there will be an extra charge? If yes - why not letting me know that upfront? If not - why not dispute this with Dollar? They said, because I signed it, they do not have any lever to complain. That sounds like a scheme to me, right? They all know I would not have a choice.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Be aware, Booking.com site has a truly bad customer service. They charged me more for two nights stay than for three and then charged me penalty fees over $240.00 when I cancelled the stay. Not to mention that it took me over 45 minutes just to get to the agent that barely was able to speak English - that did not help me at all.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Tried in vain for five days to reach someone. Couldn't book trip. Once they responded with a insane answer asking me to screenshot the response. But for security purposes you can't. I believe they should know that. Just plan horrible service. Like they really have no one working there.

Original review: June 11, 2021

We have booked many times with similar 3rd party sites, and when travels are normal, all went well. During our last trip, we had a family emergency that caused us to leave immediately from a Comfort Suites hotel in Kanab, UT. Booking.com representative, Bryan, was extremely political and empathetic! But, he had no say in any kind of compensation, and said he recommended to the hotel manager to refund the last four nights of our stay! According to Booking.com, in tiny print, their contracts state that if you leave anytime after the check in time, your rest of your stay won’t be refunded! ???? So, unfortunately, Juan, the hotel manager was inflexible, didn’t want to hear our side of the story for needing to check out early.

We were calm, but Juan was confrontational, rude, in our faces, and threatened to calm the police if we didn’t leave his lobby (all took place in front of other customers)! So, in the future, we will book everything for travel directly with the companies we will be using, and avoid using a 3rd party site in attempting to save a buck, which most of the time is the same as booking directly!

Original review: June 10, 2021

I booked a great deal for $95 US for two weeks. I've looked at the screen capture and plain as day it says "price for 2 weeks". Not ambiguous. Immediately I was charged $500 US. I have cancelled and will see if I can update this review regarding that experience. Looking around, the consensus seems to be it is the companies Booking.com allows to do business on their site that are questionable. I don't care. I want a booking site to stand between me and scams. Otherwise I might as well deal with the scammers myself. I have successfully booked deals like this with other companies. It's just a matter of luck and timing so it was not unreasonable to expect this deal to be legit. Booking.com reference number. So booking.com can respond. **

Booking.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team