2.85/5
Based on 2,524 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Booking.com

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Booking.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

When my hotel refused to refund a week in my card after I had been there for 3 months but had to leave a week early, I called Booking.com because it's where I made a reservation. The man was very sweet even though I was livid. He placed me on hold, called the front desk to attempt to negotiate my money back. He said they did they have a RIGHT to all my money. The man from Booking.com apologized and said he would refund me $25 just as an apology for the situation even though they have no control over the hotel refunded my money. I'm about to review that hotel on their website but I wanted to say that I appreciated the effort by the Booking.com rep and even the small $25 refund! First class service. Maybe you should run the hotel.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I always used Booking.com for my hotel plans and only once they almost failed me. So I got a long distance tickets to travel the other end of the world thru Booking - Turkish airlines. In the middle of the trip, I had to come back to the US so I quickly purchased one way ticket back and called Booking to let them know that I am cancelling the return portion for my first ticket. The representative was nice and said that Turkish airlines will reimburse 400$ if I schedule another flight within 12 months but it must cost at least 700$ as total for the trip.

Now after few months, I remembered that option and decided to use to make another long distance travel but when I called Booking.com they tried to reach out to Turkish airlines, where they got the answer that Turkish will reimburse only tax for the return ticket (Turkish airlines really broke my heart). But because Booking representatives understood the situation and in order to commit to what was promised reimbursed the whole ticket price to me! I really didn’t expect that. Thank you guys! You brought the best journey experience into my life.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 31, 2019

I have used the site before and found it very helpful. However, my most recent visit to Tampa, FL left me thinking wondering what process Booking.com took to properly vet the hotels they use. The hotel was HORRIBLE!!!! There was no indication that the rooms were outside access like a motel. The room was dirty and smelled. The first thing I thought of was that it looked like a place where prostitutes and pimps frequented!!! I went back to the office and requested a refund. The lady at the front desk gave me a “we hear that all the time” look and dismissed the charges. However, it took a week before the funds were returned to me. My family was able to find another hotel and we were told that they got lots of complaints about the hotel. I am hesitant to trust Booking.com to find a hotel after that terrible experience.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Long term reservations were made for my husband and son for a job. An emergency arose and they needed to leave. Manager would not undo the prepaid charges without Booking.com calling to change the dates to undo the long term reservation. There is a phone number for the motel, but they never answer the phone. I asked the agent if she would be willing to call my husband and have him give the phone to the manager. She agreed and all was taken care of in one phone call.

I had to wait quite a while on hold, but it was all worth it. The manager told me that if I had booked through him directly, he could have handled this himself, but I told him what happens every time you call... Once "0" is pushed for the operator, the call disconnects. He found out something he didn't know in that phone call as well. It all worked out in the end and I can't thank Booking.com enough for helping me take care of this. I've been using them for about 3-4 years now and never had a bad experience. I will continue to use them in the future.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Me and my wife went on a trip to the Bahamas. After the first night in our "resort" we checked out and switched to another place. Our original resort was booked thru Booking.com. I called them before checking out, made sure that our trip was refundable. The person I spoke to told me the nights we didn't use would be refunded 24-48 hours later. The resort also said they were okay with refunding the website as soon as the refund request would come thru.

A week later, after many failed attempts to get in touch with the hotel, I called Booking.com. The man I spoke to was not very helpful and seemed to have trouble communicating with me. There was a language barrier and also a lack of will to do his job. After a frustrating conversation that was getting nowhere I felt like I was cheated out of my near 800.00 I was expecting back.

At this point I was very upset and would have left a 1 star review and still feel like to that point I was poorly treated. BUT, then I called to make one final attempt to get my money back. A lady by the name of Susie picked up. I explained my situation and told her about my whole experience. She informed me with a lot of new correct information and the refund process. The email return request would be sent to the resort 24-48 hours after I called not refunded, then the resort can take up to 5-7 days to respond. Then it would take an additional 10-15 business days for the refund to be sent. None of this is anything I wanted to hear but was still happy to be properly informed finally.

Since the resort wasn't returning any of my phone calls and the 7 days had passed since the email was sent out I explained my concern and asked if anything else could be done. Not only did she call the resort and established communication with the accounting department for me she spoke to the manager there the following day and got them to accept the refund moments later saving me 5-7 days of waiting time. She followed up. I still have to wait for my refund for 10-15 business days but honestly that is a lot better than never seeing my money back. But for someone to follow up with me like they said they would, at the exact time, and date and go out of their way to resolve an issue, and provide correct information the first time around take someone else's mistakes and correct them is why I left this review. Susie I appreciate the work you did for me. This is what true customer service is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I am blaming BOOKING.COM and SERENE VEGAS MOTEL in Nevada. We won't use your services to look for anything anymore. My fiancee paid in advance through your website for a motel for us for New Year's Eve. Booking.com gave us a rate of 52.00 and took our money of over 300.0. My fiancee happened to look at his email that Serene Vegas motel cancelled our room due to their increase in prices and that his card had been declined.

Well his card was not declined because BOOKING.COM got his money and it got refunded back to his acct. So we went through Trivago, a much better booking company. We did find another motel at a better price, yeah!!!, and everything is CONFIRMED. My fiancee travels a lot for his company and he has informed his boss to never book through BOOKING.COM.

Geri and William.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I used the service on Booking.com. The page provides very accurate rooms and very reasonable prices. In particular, useful information and travel very clear, help me arrange a coherent trip. Thanks for booking for giving my family a wonderful vacation.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I booked Las Vegas hotel thru Booking.com with all fees included. Unfortunately, hotel still charged me a resort fee once I was checking out. I contacted booking.com to have a resort fee refunded. They said they will but never got my money back. Keep waiting for a whole month, emailing them back to know what's going on but never get response back.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have had my account with Booking.com for over 6 months now. The service they provide me as a host is appalling. 'Til today I haven't been verified but forbid I travel out of the country and can't deposit (which requires physically going into the bank) as they don't have an account I can transfer to online, they block me out immediately. I prefer Airbnb over booking.com any day because you don't have to worry about last minute cancellations that don't pay out. Many clients have cancelled last minute and booking.com has never compensated me not even once. Booking.com is more tenant oriented than the landlord and yet we pay the commission.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

In July of 2019 I booked a room in Dallas, Tx using a Booker Reward of $70. I was suppose to receive my credit in 4 weeks. I contacted Booking.com on several occasions. I emailed them a copy of my coupon as I was asked 3 times. Never did I get a response. It has been over 4 months since I should have received my credit. Never will I use Booking.com again and I travel quite a bit and had used them more than once. Deborah **

Booking.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs