2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.6/5 (1743 ratings)

About Booking.com

Booking.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: July 24, 2021

Booking.com specifically Jhona Q. Was a lifesaver. My 18 y/o is traveling across country and I booked a hotel at Quality Inn, Middleborough MA and even though there is no age requirement on their website the front desk clerk stated my child was not welcome and all guests had to be 21. Jhona went above and beyond to help me. As a single mom it was scary and very costly but Jhona found a solution and saved the day. Thank you. I wish all customer service representatives were as wonderful as Jhona.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Excellent site. Gives options of booking with or without cancellation options. A must in this covid19 environment. The site clearly lists all room options at the business or resort hotel with photos making an informed selection easy.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Most sites are fairly easy to use. To really get to want you want, you have to wade through the sites. With booking.com, it is all in one site, offers not bad prices but it takes awhile to get through everything. It would be nice to get better offers for combined bookings - flight, car and motel/ flight and car/members repeat booking savings.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I am the customer freaked out by Booking. I have been struggling with the company called Booking more than 15 months. Although I've corresponded many times for 15 months, they still haven't solved my problem. I'm really getting crazy. I'm not thief. Just would like to get back my own money that "Booking.com" retain more than one year. I have never seen such company which remain insensitive customer complaint....

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Reserved a hotel room through Booking.com. Received several confirmation emails from them only to get to the hotel and find that there was no reservation for me. And they had no rooms available so I was told that since the hotel didn’t have my reservation, it was booking.com’s fault. Called booking.com and spoke to 3 reps for almost two hours, only for them to tell me that they would find another hotel for me that was equivalent to the one I booked, however, I would have to pay the difference. And because it was last minute, all hotels they offered were twice what I was going to pay for the hotel I initially booked.

Is it just me or wouldn’t it only be fair that they take care of the difference since it was their mistake? Or even more fair would have been to accommodate us free of charge for the inconvenience. Nothing was resolved and I had to drive back home. My entire weekend was ruined and they didn’t care. I’ve booked with them so many times only to be screwed over. Will never give them my business again. Customer service was also horrible.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Me and a friend went to the place we booked and paid, when we arrived there it was not operating (obviously since years, the House looked very down settled and there was an huge Sign on it that it was on sold). Booking.com till this day didn't pay Back the booking fee, neither did they contact us back after tons of Mails WE sent there, we are waiting for the refund or any response, since 7 Weeks. The House was in the Krottenbachstrasse in Spital am Semmering. Don't Go there, IT doesn't exist and IT'S a fraud!!! Don't Book that place or you never See your payments ever again. We are very disappointed that this can happen on a facility like booking. Never again but WE please want our money Back!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Customer service is atrocious, they play one of against the other, Booking says contact the hotel, the hotel says contact booking. I believe the hotel, it has agreed, but booking won't authorise the change. You. Look at the reviews on this site, the first few are marvelous, but get past them & other more recent ones are bad, very, very bad. Read Trust Pilot reviews, you'll be shocked.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I called Booking.com to change my return flight because I was informed by my employer that because of the spike in COVID cases I needed to be back earlier than originally planned. The price of my ticket suddenly went from $240 to $500, plus a fee for changing the dates. Way to take advantage of essential workers!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I had a horrible experience when booking through Booking.com: a relative booked and paid for me through Booking.com for the Med Airport Hotel (Turkey), when I arrived the hotel claimed not to be able to access the funds and made me pay again after a long and tiresome travel experience. Both the hotel and Med Airport Hotel and Booking.com have evaded refunding the money. I would much rather book directly with a hotel.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I had to cancel a hotel reservation due to Covid. I was told by the property that no fee would be taken. Booking.com insisted the property had a cancelation fee. I just called the property and they said they had not received the funds. All I get is the run around from Booking.com. I will never use them again.

Booking.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

Booking.com Company Information