2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5
Based on 1,339 ratings submitted in the last year

Booking.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I had booked this vacation and planned to stay 3/17/2020 to 3/24/2020. I understand that they did not have a cancelation policy... and would not have canceled if not for COVID-19. It is now almost a year later and I have not received any refund. This is completely unacceptable. This was no fault of my own. I am out not only the money for the trip but the trip itself. I have called several times, waited on hold for hours and sent documentation screenshots from the company stating that Booking.com could refund. I couldn't even get the dates changed not that it would have mattered as were are still dealing with Covid almost a year later. I will never book through Stay Alfred as they refuses to do anything or Booking.com or their affiliates. I might as well book directly through a hotel like the Marriott or Hilton. I might pay more but at least they would have given me a refund.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I looked online for a hotel in a town. Booking.com list about five hotels in the $70 range. But when you clicked the hotel, all were in the $250 range. I call this switch and bait. I used their filter, and the same hotels came up, at three times the, advertised rate.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I am very dissatisfied with Booking.com, we initially made reservations for this weekend (February 19-21, 2021) to Blue Ridge, Georgia. We had to make a change to one night (February 20-21) and did so before the deadline of February 17, 2021. When we get to the Reid Ridge Lodge, we are told that they do not have the modification from the initial reservation. We showed them the confirmation sent on February 16, 2021 from Booking.com. We had to pay for 2 nights and was approached rudely by the Owner VD about the overcharge. The lodge reported they did not get the modification. The agents at booking.com have not been helpful on how to get refunded for the overcharge. Will not use booking.com or go to Reid Ridge Lodge in Blue Ridge again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Great vacation until we tried to travel home. We tried calling and waited more than 2 hours for a callback and then they were unable/unwilling to help us. Stranded for 48 hours because of this company with no help rebooking flights. We are out for hotel, food, and time off work because I was hung up on repeatedly by their customer service department. Once I was finally home, they told me there's nothing they can do for me that they were really sorry all this happened. They were unwilling to make it right, but told me that I could have requested a refund for my flight home if I would have been able to reach them at the time.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I am the customer freaked out by Booking. I have been struggling with the company called Booking more than 15 months. Although I've corresponded many times for 15 months, they still haven't solved my problem. I'm really getting crazy. I'm not thief. Just would like to get back my own money that "Booking.com" retain more than one year. I have never seen such company which remain insensitive customer complaint....

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

It was my first time to book a flight with them when the airline cancelled my flight and they could not find me another options. I requested for my refund back in July 2020 and I only received it today February 10, 2021. Never ever use this site again! I paid all the interest in my cc for all months that passed. The customer service kept on sending prewritten email templates that I received several times. Such a disgrace!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Booking.com won’t give me a refund after the borders shut down and we couldn’t travel from Sydney to Qld, this was a government restriction not our fault, and to top that off they wouldn’t even let us use it as credit to move it to another date so that we can actually use it when they allow us to travel... They are taking advantage of these circumstances at this hard time we are all going through!!!! Disgrace!! I will make sure everyone I know is aware of the ruthless treatment we received..

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I'm a property owner. Even if I try to explain to them that the reason I haven't paid the invoices is that I have two unexpected deaths in my family from covid19 and myself experience from the same problem that took me 3 months to recover, they don't answer to my messages 1 week now. The only think to ask them is not to pay from bank transfer but to pay from my debit card, because I don't want to go to the bank to expose again in risk of covid19. So the answer came from a dept collector company named CIS debt recovery solutions explaining me that they will drag me on courts. I never told them that I don't want to pay, the only thing I'm telling them is to pay with another way. So cold-blooded company or they don't understand nothing?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Stay away from this crappy company! Rude customer support unwilling to refund my MONEY although I have already cancelled my room booking with hotel. Booking.com was asking me to get refund from hotel. I spoke with a hotel agent, they never received the money from booking.com as the hotel never charged booking.com. I would give negative stars to this company if there was!!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I booked a hotel. Got a confirmation and drove to the location just to be told they are full and Booking never sent a email letting me know that they were full. So I had to drive all the way back home at 2am.

Booking.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Booking.com is an Amsterdam-based company founded in 1996. Unlike most travel companies, it focuses exclusively on helping travelers reserve rooms.

• Free cancellations: Booking.com offers free cancellation services for most rooms.

• Daily deals: New deals are added to the website every day.

• Verified reviews: Booking.com has over 81 million reviews written by travelers who have used the website to make room reservations.

• Apartment rentals: Booking.com can reserve short-term apartment rentals as well as rooms at hotels and resorts.

• Hostels: Travelers can use the site to find hostels in their destination cities.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team