Booking.com

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My wife and I stayed at the holland court hotel in london close to the olympia centre. We booked a double room for 72 euro. The room was poor but as we were staying for 1 night we didn't complain. On arrival we were asked to pay with our laser card which we did. On returning to Ireland my wife noticed that a second amount had been taken from our laser card for the amount of 172 euro. I assumed that this was an error and contacted the hotel. The receptionist told me that this was the correct charge for the room. I explained that we had booked through booking.com and had paid for the room on arrival. She asked me to call back in an hour and she would talk with her manager.

When I called back I was told that the charge was for damage caused to the room. I was shocked and asked what the damage was and why we weren't contacted. They told me we had purposely blocked the sink and left the taps running and had flooded the whole room and damaged the floor. My wife and I are in our 50's. We went to bed early and left early to go to a trade show. We spoke with the manager as we left and there were no complaints.

I am convinced that this was a scam. The hotel didn't think we would notice the extra charge. We immediately contacted booking.com and told them what had happened. We went back and forth with their complaints department but got no satisfaction. Booking.com now won't answer our emails and have been a disgrace. The hotel took a fraudulent 2nd payment from our debit card without our consent. Booking.com have done nothing to rectify this and have simply washed their hands of the problem. BUYER BEWARE.

I used Booking.com to book hotel in Galveston, TX. I checked around to see if I was getting a discount. No, I got market price. Plus there was a debate with them about the day I was checking in since I would be arriving at 2 am. They wanted to charge me 2 nights. But I thought a new day started at midnight. Not true with any hotel. Using booking websites are not worth it since they have can add hidden charges that are unexpected. If you cancel your hotel, then you not only owe hotel, you owe Booking.com too.

I used Booking.com for my recent Taiwan trip during Christmas in December 2016. The information of the hotel was wrong and because of that error, the local driver I booked for the whole day tour was affected. My driver had to drive me to the hotel which is very far from my tour destination. This made me incur much additional expenses for the additional distance. I was only informed of the error on the day of the hotel stay via email that the informations stated in the website was wrong. As I was on holiday I only get to access to wifi on designated locations, so I only saw the email very late and I could not cancel the hotel stay as I need to cancel 1 week before.

When I email the customer service reverted to me on this incident. They wanted me to proof of my itinerary of the road trip. I sent them my road trip pre-booked before my holiday and that was the last email we communicated. They did not response to me after asking me for proof to support my statement. It's been many days and still no response. Very poor customer service by Booking.com. Hotel informations stated in the booking website are not accurate, and the response by the team is very slow and non responsive when matters happen. My Christmas holiday was ruined by this unhappy incident.

I booked a hotel in Madrid and did not receive confirmation. I then emailed to booking.com and they replied that I booked over 30 days and therefore the booking is not valid and therefore no confirmation sent to me. Then I replied, "In that case I will rebook," and I did and rebooked another hotel as the original hotel was fully booked. When I came home and my statement was charged one night of over A$367 which I did not stay. I then emailed to booking.com and asked them about this. They got me the runaround asking proof of email and so on and so on... Unfortunately after over 20 emails between us, they told me that it was my mistake as I did not give them the correct email address...

But I booked thru my iPad app and as I had been booking.com since 2010. Why now they told me I have the wrong email address but they did get my credit card # right as I was charged. This was the worst experience I had with a company who do not take ownership of their incompetence and making a fool of me. As an honest person and had been a valued customer with booking.com I am very disappointed with their dishonest dealing with customer is appalling.

I had a booking with Paripas Patong Resort, which was so looking forward too. My son came down with severe flu 2 days before & so I tried to contact them through booking.com to delay the trip for 2 months (airfare had already agree). They say, "No, can not. You will pay full fare cancel." This is the WORST customer service ever. AVOID both Booking.com & Paripas Patong Resort.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

This is the worst experience one can ever had on his vacation on New Year eve. I had a booking on 31.12.2016 in Marron Sea View Resort, Palolem, Goa, India. Despite having a confirmed booking in the hotel, I didn't get a room. Hotel Staff told me that they did not received any confirmation from Booking.com. When I called Booking.com customer care, they could not help me. I had to roam around for several hours till late evening on 31st dec to get something nearby. Finally I got a room by myself and not through Booking.com site. These Booking.com guys didn't even have the courtesy to apologize. They don't deserve to run an online booking site and should be banned.

I made a booking for the Governors Inn Motel in October 2016 for the night of January 7th 2017. After driving 13 hrs from Adelaide was greeted with the information they had no room. When shown my booking sheet the desk clerk shrugged. The owner, after hanging up on my phone call twice. Assured me he was under NO OBLIGATION to honour the booking. His language was both colourful and abrupt. I had arrived an hour ahead of my stated time and the "last" room was rented 10 minutes previously. Two rooms were vacant BUT they were not clean (hourly rental). The reviews were misleading with one stating plenty of room for animals when the stipulation is NO PETS. Fortunately after avoiding all the motels the clerk suggested we found excellent service at Parkhaven 60. May this be a warning to others! A booking.com number and reservation does not mean you have a room!

I made a reservation for a hotel and, reserved it under the "pay at the hotel" option, giving my credit card only as a means to hold the reservation as the option stated. I never received a confirmation that the reservation was secure as they stated they would during the final stage of securing the reservation. I checked the site several times to see if it went through and found no indication the reservation existed. This was booked with Southwest Airlines in conjunction with Booking.com. The information was not listed with flight or car reservations. It took some looking, but I finally found the reservation information and sent an email to verify whether it was booked or not. According to an email received from Booking.com, the hotel verified they did receive it. Booking.com failed to follow-up on their end by not providing me with confirmation.

After my inquiry and instead of contacting me, they modified it and charged it to my credit card at the time they modified it. The original option at the time I made the reservation stated I would submit payment on the date of check-in. Because of their policy as the email with the modification states, I am now responsible for paying for the room regardless of whether I use it or not. This company should have given the option rather I wished to retain the reservation since a confirmation was never processed. I've made alternate reservations through another company that follows through on confirmations and I have found no complaints against. Booking.com stated in the e-mail that it was completed this way because of the savings I received, but a better price was located with a competitor.

I've more or less relied on booking.com uniquely for a few years to help me find hotels and mostly I've been happy with them. But this last journey I made I came across one of the four worst experiences I've ever had in an hotel - there was one in Burgundy, one in Rome, one in Palermo and this one in Germany. I was cheated, lied to and deceived, and booking.com didn't lift a finger to help, edited my review, and goes on promoting this place with a fairly high rating, gleaned in the main from foreign visitors. I've now looked around at other reviews, hotels.com, TripAdvisor, Google, and they all describe the place much more honestly. I'll never trust booking.com again.

We made a booking through Booking.com a few weeks ago. We were phoned by the hotel a couple of days later to be advised that the deal didn't exist and that we should cancel or speak to Booking.com. I telephoned Booking.com who said they would speak to the hotel and come back to me. They also suggested that they would attempt to come to some compromise arrangement. I wasn't called back but sent an e-mail saying that we could have the room for a very expensive rate or "if I agree to cancel immediately there won't be a cancellation charge." Well it was advertised with no cancellation charge so I wasn't overly concerned until I read their advice. Got the message though which in reality was (You need to cancel this and then the hotel and Booking.com are off the hook). I telephoned again to ask what happened to my promised phone call and why was I now being threatened with a cancellation fee?

No straight answers to these questions were forthcoming and still no apology as the suggestion was that the hotel had advertised the wrong rate. Booking.com forgetting that we were paying them to act as our agent here. I sent an e-mail to customer services with my unhappy story and a real idea of how poor I thought they had been. My e-mail was answered with a request for more information about the booking despite me providing my booking reference in the complaint along with my name, telephone number and e-mail address. I have sent a further e-mail but suspect that Booking.com will continue to dodge the issue or take any responsibility. I have made two reservations on comparison websites since and on one occasion passed on a Booking.com deal. I intend to continue and would recommend others to do the same.

Simple to use and understand. Easily find what you need to book. I have used it to book hotel rooms in advance. Usually a discounted price, they directly book for me. There has never been any concerns. I always call the hotel and confirm my booking and price quoted by Booking.com and it's always there. Excellent and no worries.

I am absolutely disappointed with Booking.com, as my friend and I had planned a weekend getaway to Barcelona. We booked our hotel a week before the departure date, and everything was confirmed, the reservation was made. However the day before flying we received an email from Booking.com saying our hotel room had been cancelled due to an invalid credit card.

I phoned the hotel to investigate the matter, and they confirmed that the room was cancelled by Booking.com. They also stated that they were not responsible for this, but Booking.com was and I should contact them in order to sort out this situation. The response from Booking.com was that there is not anything that they are able to do to help the situation. They also stated that they sent us a notification to inform us that the transaction did not go through within 24 hours when the transaction was made. However we did not receive this email. The customer service care told us that it had been sent. In addition to this the customer service care blamed us for this as they said we did not give them the right information. Words cannot express how disappointed and disorganised this experience has been!

I booked a hotel via Booking.com, at Hotel Continental Luitpoldstrasse 14-16, Nuremberg City Center, Nuremberg, Germany. My plans became unclear so I asked for cancellation only to find out I would lose all my money if I cancel. Ok this was part of the hotel terms, however in the end I kept the booking as it was. I turned up to the hotel only to find a builder in the room painting. I left the hotel and took pictures of the evidence and found another hotel. I contacted Booking.com however they have no control or authority whatsoever to protect someone who uses their services. Basically, I had always a different person emailing me from Booking.com then they told me I should contact the hotel, Booking.com clearly had hotel interest in mind not the consumer. I did not get a refund. I provided evidence pictures, receipts that I had to pay for alternative accommodation yet I was told they can do nothing.

I was looking for 2 rooms for 4 guests and booked 2 non-refundable rooms for a hotel in London England. Within minutes, I printed the confirmations to discover that I had inadvertently order 2 double rooms for single occupancy. I called Booking.com to have the reservation corrected. They constantly referred to the "non-refundable" policy. I explained numerous times that I was not requesting a refund, I was wanted the room changed so 2 guests could be in the same room. They said they couldn't reach the hotel and to call back in the morning. I called in the morning to an even worse customer service experience. Finally I hung up and called the hotel directly, explained the situation and it was rectified within minutes and this has been a constant problem with booking. I will never use the services of Booking.com again and will only deal directly with the hotel which will match any online promotion that you find.

Booked 2 weeks for next winter in Miami, Hotel 825 Essenza Residence, with free cancellation. Found a cheaper hotel and booked that insead. Then I canceled this Essenza. But my credit card was still purchased with the sum from Essenza. This was Nov 27, 2016. Emailed booking and they said "call the hotel." The hotel said "that's everything is okay from here and you should see the refund after 10 days." 12 days went and I called the hotel. Everything is okay from here they said, "you should call Booking.com. We do never charge our customers one year before a stay, and your booking is canceled."

Booking refuse to help me because they do not deal with this hotel any longer. So "try with your bank," they said. So I tried with my bank but they said that the money already been drawn from Mastercard so it's impossible to delete it. So here I am with a Mastercard bill of 3000€. I will never ever in my life book anything with Booking.com again. EVER!!! Now I have to wait for the fraud investigation from Mastercard and see if they can help me!!!

I have been unpleasantly surprised and angered by booking.com's actions, refusal to stick to the terms they offer on their website on which I decided to book the villa. This behavior is implying the image of booking.com being a sham or a fraudulent website which simply aims to profit from switching deals. Last year, our holiday was ruined by the actions of booking.com which gave us accommodation called Villa Sole in Costa Paradiso, which turned out to be non-existent. Even though I had contacted booking.com twice to confirm that it would certainly be available before I was informed about this, booking.com failed to give any information that it would not be available until only one day before the flight and the start of our stay. This caused a lot of stress and bad emotions last summer, and now there seems to be a re-occurrence.

We have always trusted the company which is very well-known and have booked many accommodations through booking.com. However, we have now lost our trust for them since as the intermediary between the accommodation owners and customers, they should not allow any fraudulent people who make money illegally through offering non-existent accommodation to the customers to be able to advertise on their website, since it becomes apparent that they are being part of the illegal activity by advertising false information on a huge scale to customers who become victims and lose money. We have suffered a lot during this holiday, there was a lot of stress not only for me but for my children and the other family who came with us too. The villa which we stayed at instead of Villa Sole was of very poor condition in comparison to Villa Sole which we booked in January and were expecting to stay at.

We understand that at the last minute on high season prices are much higher, and as booking.com did not agree to match the conditions of Villa Sole, such as a private pool and comfortable rooms, booking.com did not allow us to match the criteria we had set for our accommodation when we were booking in January in order to save money for their own company.

It was also very strange that when we contacted booking.com twice asking about the availability and assurance of having Villa Sole prior to when we found out about the relocation and on both occasions their employees confirmed that the villa was available and all should go well. Even when they knew that we would require relocation, they did not contact us, and we only found out by calling them for a third time, two days before our flight to Sardinia. No one even gave us a certain reason why we could not stay at the accommodation and we only found out ourselves by traveling to the villa during our stay at another accommodation and speaking to the owner about the situation.

It is not possible to trust such a company as booking.com in the future, because they should have the responsibility of providing realistic information which is correct so that customers such as ourselves should not have to contact the owners and chase the company to find out what is actually going on, rather than what should be their responsibility - contacting the customers and offering what is going on at each stage so that there is less stress for customers, and so that losses can be avoided not only for the customers, but the company as well.

Later in August after my experience with Villa Sole, as soon as I decided to book Villa San Giuliano, I contacted booking.com to check if the price on the website is correct and to ask whether any upfront deposit had to be made. Booking.com confirmed that the price was correct and that no deposit is required. I also contacted Villa San Giuliano three times and conversed about this prior to the message of a change in pricing sent to me three months later by booking.com. However, each time that I had spoken to the owners of the villa, there was no mention of incorrect pricing regarding our reservation.

Now, they are sending me emails with a change of price completely out of the blue, and have changed terms and conditions because you have requested my credit card details for unknown reasons. I have all of my confirmations both in digital and printed format for the initial price that I had booked it for. It is their error, not my own. Therefore, it was only fair for them to cover the difference in price that themselves. This kind of activity is against consumer rights and is illegal, you cannot simply change prices of the accommodations you offer on your website after I as a consumer have already agreed to a contract with the company to pay a fixed price by a fixed time limit for the villa. In the end they simply decided to cancel the villa for me, offering terrible alternatives which I refused to take due to them not being anywhere near the quality of Villa San Giuliano which I booked in the first place.

I believe that this should be completely illegal and am surprised after reading other experiences that customers have not taken the company. How to deal with such a situation or where I would be able to effectively report the company so that other customers do not become victims of a similar situation, and perhaps that compensation could be claimed for all the stress and money losses that I have suffered from whilst dealing with this company.

This website somehow sent their customers to call our private mobile phone number and spammed our phone with their booking sms for the last few days. At first we did not understand why strangers ringing us for accommodation booking/cancellation. At first we tried to block the numbers but it seemed not working. There were also lots of sms about bookings. It took us a while to figure out that this issue was caused by some glitch in the booking.com site. When we contacted booking.com, their staff always assumed we were either a booking customer or a hotel agent. They kept asking us which hotel we booked or what is the pin number even though we repeatedly told them when they answered the phone that we are not making bookings and we are not a hotel. They confirmed that our private personal mobile phone number was somehow used as a hotel contact number.

They said that they will have it removed for this hotel but cannot tell us which hotel or if the same number may have mistakenly recorded in their systems for any other hotels. They refused to apologise. We asked if they could look into this issue to prevent it from happening but they simply said no. I am glad that I have not made any reservations with booking.com! And just hope no further mix-up!

I'm a Canadian customer of booking.com. After I got booking.com email confirmation. I read the reviews from other websites saying when some customer actually went to the hotel price booked was not honored when price is low. So I asked the hotel to confirm, hotel manager said my booking.com price was wrong, cannot honor it. So I asked booking.com to deal with it. Customer rep said it's booking.com's mistake by posting wrong price, but booking.com is not going to be responsible for their mistakes. when price is low. If you booked certain time ahead of your trip, the price and booking contact is not binding.

This is written in "terms and conditions", when you click accept the terms to move to finalize the booking. Customer rep asked his supervisor. To my surprise they offer me a higher price outside of booking.com website. Told me if I do not accept within 24 hours, they will cancel my original booking. I sent an email to CEO of the headquarter company and wait for their response.

While attempting to save over $2000 after find a lower price for a hotel through a travel agency, the customer service agents repeatedly set me back to retrieve more information and provide proof. Despite providing what they asked for, I was still told the evidence was insufficient. They refused to accept my evidence or contact the travel agency directly to prove it. After requesting to speak with a supervisor--who took a defensive and rude tone, talking over me throughout the entire conversation--I was told that the methods of verification that her agents requested were not sufficient. It was clear that this "guarantee" is not legitimate and they have the subjective authority to deny any attempts to make a claim to it. Very disappointed.

We booked a hotel through Booking.com for our family vacation in Dubai during Christmas. The offer on their website clearly stated 25% discount and then what we thought was the total price for 5 days. It was pricey but we decided to book and I got the confirmation confirming that we had booked the hotel for the marketed price. However at the bottom of the page (if you scroll down 10 times and with size 9) hidden between other information Booking.com informed that there was a mandatory New Year's Eve gala at the hotel of 569 USD per person. That is an extra expense of 2.900 USD!!

I tried getting Booking.com to cancel or take on the extra expense. The only thing they did was to try to get the hotel to drop the mandatory gala, and blaming the hotel when I complained. Otherwise they said they could do nothing. Even though this clearly was a trick of Booking.com and not the hotel as the hotel clearly informed about the mandatory gala at their website (I checked after I found out about the false offer). This completely ruined the rest of our trip as the money that were set aside for dinners and experiences now had to go to a mandatory New Year dinner we barely could attend as we had to go to the airport at 4:00 am to catch our flight home. Advice - NEVER use Booking.com, and if you do make sure to read every single word on their website if you want to avoid several thousand in extra expenses.

I've used Booking.com many times and everything has been fine. However this time it's turned into a nightmare!!! They sent an email stating my credit card wasn't working and they needed new credit card details. I emailed them to ask if this was a fraudulent email which they have never responded to and while I was waiting for their response they cancelled my booking. There was nothing wrong with my credit card and I believe they had overbooked the apartment. Anyway the outcome they cancelled my booking apartment was then fully booked and it's cost me 100 more to book another apartment. I still haven't received a response to my email. So when things go wrong with this company they really do go wrong.

My daughter booked us in for 5 nights at Bateleur Nature Reserve in Nylstroom under her name, Jacqualine ** from the 24th to the 29th of December 2016. I work in Saudi Arabia and came home for Christmas. We stayed in Gumtree Cottage (Cottage with two bedrooms, sleeps 6 people). The furniture is very old and the concrete floor is painted green in some areas which does not make it feel very cozy. You have to bring your own towels and toilet paper and do not forget to get the pin code for the entrance. Saw a ghost appear on several occasions during the night. One bedroom window was broken when we got there and somebody could easily climb through there. We left one day before we were supposed to and booked into Nylstroom Lodge. Lost R1200 but I didn't care, just had to get out of that hell hole.

There is no cellphone reception. The place is full of ants, especially the terrace. The surroundings are scenic. We enjoyed some hiking and the bird hives were good. It is sure worth a day trip for hiking and maybe the other houses are in a better condition. We found it overpriced and basic compared to other accommodation in the area.

BUYERS BEWARE!!! Booking.com has a message that says your debit/credit card will only be used for "Holding" a room. It also says that cancellations can be made before certain dates. This may not be the same policies for the hotel and you may not get your money back. Booking.com does not take any responsibility for charges and will tell you that you are using a free service. Be careful with your debit card information.

I have used Booking.com as my #1 agent. I was upset to see they were not there to stand by me. I had cancelled a reservation due to getting a better rate elsewhere. I went through the steps their site gave. I've done it a few times before and never had an issue. The site said cancellation has been confirmed. I didn't see an email confirmation so I did it again to make sure it worked. Again, no email. I figured It said confirmed the first two times. The email will probably pop up later. So I went about my Holiday weekend. Figured all was good. Day after Christmas I seen I was charged $103 as a no-show. I called Booking.com to let them know. I figured they would see the inconvenience for me via their website and handle it. The first agent said, no problem. "It shouldn't be a problem getting your money back. I will explain to the hotel." He said he would call me back. I got no call.

I called next day and spoke with another agent. She was no help and accusing me of just saying that I was saying that's what happened. I was appalled at that judgment. No customer service here at all. I told her I want to speak with a manager. She said the manager won't be able to reimburse you for the hotel fee. That was the hotel's choice. I told her I don't seem to be getting any support from them and they aren't relaying the fact that it was their website that gave me the computer error on the cancellation. She then said "well do you have a screenshot of it." I told her no. I didn't know I would need to take a screenshot because I assumed I would get an email confirmation. Being that it said my cancellation is confirmed after I cancelled it twice. She went on to say that they are waiting for the manager of hotel to respond to their email. I told her I called and the manager said no 3 times. That that's why I want to speak to a manager.

She continued to say "well, I can try to get you one." But they will tell you the same. I told her well, if the hotel won't give me my $103 back Booking.com should own up to their website's glitch, flaw, whatever they want to call it and send me a check or comp me $103 towards my next stay. Something. So instead I got no customer service. Just robbed of my money due to greed on the hotel end. Which by the way on Yelp I found after submitting my review. It's all bad reviews for them. The Comfort Inn Irvine Spectrum Laguna Hills. Be aware. Bad business. After this I won't ever use Booking.com again. They were wrong for how this ended.

I booked a reservation through Booking.com at the Pasadena, CA Howard Johnson. I changed the arrival date for this reservation two days before the free cancellation limit expired, and received an email confirming that the booking was changed, and there would be no charge. However, the Pasadena Howard Johnson billed my Mastercard $90.85. I contacted the hotel, and received an email from Leo ** at the front desk stating that even though I had changed the reservation within the free time period, Booking.com had not let the hotel know until the original date of my arrival. He said I would need to take it up with Booking.com, and not the hotel. I contacted Booking.com, and they refuse to get back to me. I cancelled the entire reservation and I will never use Booking.com, or stay at a Howard Johnson's, again. DON'T use Booking.com!

Booked a room with no cancellation fee. Couldn't get website to actually cancel the room. Called hotel to cancel. Now after not giving anyone permission to charge my account they did. Having to do a dispute with my bank.

Purchased a hotel room. Had to cancel reservation within 24 hrs due to child ill. Contacted hotel, they charge $30 cancellation fee and booking.com CHARGED ME $89 CANCELLATION FEE. The advertisement said cancel anytime when placing order. The customer service email was no help, someone in India. Do not book with them!!!

I set up my hotel reservation 9 months in advance. The agreement stated the payment for the hotel could come out of the credit/debit card I provided any time between the time I set the reservation up and when the reservation was for. The payment was not on my credit/debit card statement when I confirmed the reservations a month in advance, so I called Booking.com to see if they know when it would debit. Their customer service told me the payment had been made/taken from my card. I told them I didn't see any debit on my statement for the payment to which they suggested I call the hotel directly. I called the hotel to verify if they had received payment and they said no. I told them I went thru booking.com and what the contract stated about the payment process aforementioned.

The hotel told me they never take payment until I check in. I then understood that the contract this particular hotel had with booking.com was the payment would be taken on the day I checked in. On 12/20, 6 days before I checked in the payment was debited from my account. I had not moved funds back into the debited account yet as I understood I was to pay upon check-in. Had I known the actual contract with this particular hotel was not to pay upon check-in I would have proceeded differently than I did. This caused me to have issues with my bank account. Neither booking.com customer service nor the hotel knew the correct info to share with me causing me to be caught in the middle of their incompetence and pay the price. I will never use booking.com again and would never recommend anyone else to either.

Appalling, disgusting attitude of Booking.com. We were given a CHOICE of bed configuration prior to booking. As we are travelling with up to 2 child guests we chose ANY room with 2 beds (or a bed with a separate roll-away bed). Hotel wrote to say they cannot accommodate our bed choice unless we pay nearly double as an extra payment to guarantee the bed layout. We vigorously challenged this with Booking.com as they were basically forcing us to sleep with 2 adults and two children in ONE BED. The agent and her supervisor were adamant we had merely stated a 'preference' and not made a choice when we booked. What total rubbish-Booking.com gave us a choice and we chose the two-bed option. Booking.com have offered us a choice which the hotel could not deliver.

How is that our fault? Booking.com have point blank refused to offer us what we paid for and will not amend our booking at their cost. They seemingly offered us a non-existent room at a hotel and cannot accept it is their fault. Absolutely terrible experience. I suggest dissatisfied customers contact the CEO Gillian Tans to take up their particular issue.

The past couple times I have booked through booking.com I have been disgusted with the rooms and lied to by the hotels. My last experience was on a cold night in flagstaff, as at the Howard Johnson hotel which got high scores. I paid for through booking.com a queen bed and nice room. I got a crummy full size bed and a disgusting, cold room. I couldn't sleep because I was sure a roach was going to jump out any minute. But before retiring for the night I called the hotel front desk and told them that they gave me a full size bed and the answer I received was that actually I was given an upgrade... WHAT?

I called booking.com and was told that a manager would call me back - this was 1:00 a. m, no one EVER called me back. I was moving into a new home so I had no time to call them back and go through all the crap all over again but the bottom line is this: they will do nothing for you. It's awful that they treat their customers this way. I will never use them again... EVER.

Compare Travel Sites