2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Booking.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Booking.com?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I have used Booking.com for many years to book hotels. The most recent booking is my last. I received a confirmation email for the price of my hotel stay at Hampton Inn. Upon checking out I requested a receipt and was told one would be emailed to me. It was not. When I checked my credit card I was charged more than the amount on my Booking.com email. I called the Hampton Inn and they told me they have nothing to do with it, Booking.com handles the charge. I also again requested a receipt and did not receive one. When I called Booking.com they requested a copy of my credit card charge, which I sent them. They then emailed me and said it was the Hampton Inn who was responsible for the charge, each company blaming the other and I am stuck paying.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Our anniversary was coming up. We were deciding on the Oregon coast hotels, and chose through Booking.com Elizabeth Hotel in Newport, OR because it was the only one available with Corner King Suite (double view). The price for two nights was about $585. We really anticipated the view above everything else. When we got there, we were given a regular king suit. Very disappointing. But in addition to that, the desk clerk, except telling us that all corner rooms are booked, did not offer any help or compensation even when I showed our email confirmation of a Corner King Suite. We were downgraded without our consent. I called Booking.com. They appeared concerned, telling us that we should be compensated, and that they would call Elizabeth hotel to discuss it with them. We waited and waited and waited on the line... No response from Booking.com.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

While visiting Morro Bay, CA, my husband and I decided to spend the night. I went on Booking.com to see what hotels were available and how much. I picked a hotel that said it had a room available and booked it. Within 5 minutes or so, I received a confirmation and it was for the next night, not that night. I went on the website to attempt to cancel the reservation but there was no way to do it. I then called the 800 number and was on hold for over 30 minutes before I reached a human assistant.

I explained that I had just (less than 1 hour) made the reservation but the website reserved the room for the following night, not that night (I had my husband call the hotel directly and they said they were full that night). I felt it was a bait and switch as Booking.com said the hotel had a room available that night and I asked for a refund. Booking.com refused to refund the cost of a room that they knew was not available on the day I requested. Do not use this site!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I booked through them for my daughter last bday a 4day trip. I selected pay at counter and I was still charged 1100 randomly 2 days for the trip... That’s a month away on Nov 8th.... Went through 6 phone calls from 11:45 until 2:44 and 8 different people... only to get hung up on by the staff Aurelia who refused to allow me to Speak to a manager regarding the funds being taken out of my account... The last supervisor refused to accommodate me after 1100 of my money is inaccessible for the next 5 days bc of their mistake!!! I’ll never book through them again!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Beware! This Company does nothing to help solve problems but use robot emails offering no solution. They have withdrawn a substantial amount of money from my Visa Debit account using no reference number or confirmation and no explanation and want proof of my booking when I had no a booking at all! I am not happy with this service. They are too inaccessible and really they are there to help themselves not the people using their service. I find the company frustrating, unapproachable and very difficult to deal with. Find another holiday venue rather than use them!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I rented a car and paid in advance 4 months ago for 6 days in Orlando. I provided my flight information, all the requirements asked for, to include an arrival time of 2200hrs. I even went as far as to call 3 days in advance (the actual car company - Easirent) and ensure they had my reservations. I was assured all was well and given instructions on where to meet the shuttle after my plane landed at 2200. Imagine my surprise to learn when I arrived that the company closed before 2200, and this was a frequent occurrence at the airport.

I was left with no other option but to rent on site, and since it was not a “pre-paid rental” the cost was almost 3 times as much. After contacting the company today, they are placing blame on Booking.com, and Booking.com is not responding to my email or request for assistance, but I can assure you they are still holding my money. This is no less than theft... to presale a product you know you will never provide. So take it from me, buyer beware. Only reason it has one star, is rating in the negative was not an option.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Ordinarily, BOOKING.COM do a reasonable job, BUT these are not ordinary times, and these extraordinary times have shown up their weakness. We had used BOOKING.COM to book a DOWNTOWN HISTORIC APARTMENT in Porto, Portugal, WITH a FREE cancellation allowed. That was canceled, as allowed, in mid-March. This is now mid-October and, despite many, many requests to and promises from BOOKING.COM we have not received a cent from this booking. This exposes a hidden flaw in their process. If the accommodation company owning the apartments etc refuses to refund, you have nowhere to go, because BOOKING.COM can only ask them, not force them. So beware!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Worse Customer services department I have ever dealt with. I had a serious complaint about damage to my car driving up a Gite farm road that was full of potholes, ditches and rocks. The steps leading up to the room was in total disrepair and dangerous to adults and especially children, there was an aggressive dog in the Gite. Sheep wandering about the Gite property, we had a dog with us. Booking.com ended up ignoring my messages and emails. Refused us a refund, we did not stay. If you do use Booking.com make sure you only book places that you can get a refund. Most of the Gite's and hotels we stayed in were cheaper than booking.com if we booked direct.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I booked a room for my family of 5. The hotel only has 1, maybe 2, rooms that could accommodate a family of 5. When we arrived, the room I thought we were getting was not available. They only had one room to show us what they could offer us which was so small that it wouldn’t even fit us. The room had 2 full size beds next to each other with not enough room to fit a cot.

The hotel blamed us for using Booking.com. They said it’s always better to book with them directly. I was outraged. I knew it was their fault. Exactly a week beforehand, our friends, had also tried booking this same room for their family. And when they arrived, the room was not available to them. They were moved to another room that was smaller but at least could sleep everyone in their party. These friends told me about this after their stay and I thought it was a one time glitch. But, when the same thing happened to us I knew the owners of the Sea Breaze were running a scam to book rooms. It was so upsetting. I've reached out to Booking.com to be compensated for our loss but they haven't reimbursed us.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

After confirming a reservation for the Thanksgiving holiday, I received an email that the property was overbooked and therefore Booking.com was cancelling my reservation. The email claimed they tried to call me, which they did not. They offered an inferior alternative, with less sleeping and cooking space and then just kept sending emails about cancelling my reservation despite the confirmation. There is no person available to speak to on the phone at Booking.com and there seems to be a translation issue with the persons sending messages. I have worked with other reservation companies who were very good, This is not a good company to do business with!

Booking.com Company Information