Avis

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I picked up an Avis rental car from Rotorua airport in New Zealand. A one way rental to drop off at Tauranga airport the next day. 9 am Tuesday to 12 noon Wednesday. The cost per day started at $58 unlimited mileage. There was a one way add on, insurance and half a tank of gas. Total bill $462. Their complaints dept. are not interested. Their response was extra cost due to fuel and insurance. A one line response with no breakdown. I will never rent from Avis again.

Very dissatisfied with Avis Schiphol. Travelling on business I had a car booked through my company with Avis. Upon arrival I was asked to provide my own driver's license details and my own payment card details for administration purposes. Six weeks later a planned extension arranged through the European call centre hadn't been realised and I was contacted via email and then by telephone with threats to report the car stolen! There was no reasoning with 'Jerome' or understanding of explanation only further threats.

Upon my return home I have since been charged the full bill of some €1300 even though the account has been settled and I can't make any progress with the recovery of the money. Now some 3 weeks later Avis have again begun charging my card with 5x payments of €40. Without explanation or reason and without me even being in the Netherlands let alone hiring a car there. Clearly another accounting mistake. You want my opinion tell Avis to ** as they are clearly fraudsters. Oh and don't forget to tell your friends... Don't go to the Netherlands. Avis' behaviour is about the best advertisement for the hospitality you can expect.

I rented from BWI Airport. Not only did it take 45 minutes to get to the counter with only 2 people ahead of me. Then I was forced to take the gas service option and told it would be refunded. How is something called an "option", made mandatory? I had lost so much time in line and had to leave so I just accepted the refund on the back end. When it wasn't refunded at the time I returned it, I had to call customer service, who is now making me send in a copy of my receipt, even though they already have my trip information in their system. NEVER AGAIN!

This is the worst experience I've ever had with car renting system. I say Avis is more worst than others in digging money from customers. I booked a car from Avis through priceline.com. The price for the day is 24.99$ and taxes. Then on the Priceline website it asked me for insurance. So I choose collision insurance which charged me 11$. On the pickup day I go to pick my car at MERRIMACK AVIS (New Hampshire). They gave me a paper putting some cross marks at certain points and asked me to put initials on it. Then I put initials and the time I receive my car I asked him how much they will charge me. He said, "car for one day is 24.99$ and with taxes 31.64 will be debited from your credit card." Everything was okay and I returned my car next day in time.

And after two days I see 108$ has been charged on my account. I was shocked and called up Priceline. They said it has be 24.99$ plus taxes and transferred my call to Avis people. ONE LADY FROM MANCHESTER AVIS was too aggressive and she even doesn't know how to talk to customers. She was very rude and keep on saying only one thing. I PUT INITIALS AND IT SAYS I TOOK FULL INSURANCE. Me and the guy in Merrimack Avis never spoke about insurance because I already took insurance and he also said Avis will only charge 31.64. But this guys charged me 108$ and said they will not refund my money back. And they keep sayings it's my fault and I've read each and every line in agreement.

I've been to Enterprise, Budget and many rental systems. It's their duty to ask about insurance plans before I take car. But these people directly charged on my account. I've been to Merrimack place and asked him. This time he was sorry and said he will talk to Avis people for a refund. Then again the SAME LADY FROM MANCHESTER AVIS called me and this time she was more rude and aggressive saying I am blaming him. This is my worst ever experience with AVIS. I WILL NEVER EVER GO WITH AVIS IF THEY EVEN GIVE IT FOR 1$.

My suit jacket was left in rear seat of car, 21 May 17. I call the same day about, no answer on phone. I call Monday. Lost and found claim that jacket wasn't there, someone stolen it from the car at JFK Airport when return the car. That was a expensive suit jacket. I know Avis doesn't care. But had to be one of your employees that took. I will make sure I tell other people not to use Avis Rental.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avis?

Wrongly overcharged by 1 day. AVIS say they swiped my card at 10:43 on 3 May. They also say that the car rental started from 10:35 but why? The times above are inaccurate. Disembarking from the from the aircraft took at least 10 minutes. The flight passengers then traveled by bus for at least 10 mins and then walked to the baggage conveyor for a further 10 mins. Then waited at least a further 10 mins for their bags. This is a total of 40 minutes and may have been longer. If the flight was even 10 minutes early I would have arrived at the Avis office earliest at 10:40 to face a queue of people waiting and the process for each was slow.

So the above time calculation is very inaccurate and the rental should, in any case, not have started before 11:00 because that is the time I had reserved the car for when I booked it. It certainly should not have been calculated before my card is swiped. The last thing I did was sign the agreement and that is the earliest that the rental should have begun. The car was ordered for 11:00 and the company should have informed me that rental would start at a time prior to that. If I had not reserved the car in advance and requested a car first when I arrived at the Avis counter then maybe that would be different.

Avis say I returned the car at 11:25. Amazingly after checking in, passing through the hand luggage security check and walking to the gate I arrived at the boarding gate at 11:35. Despite there being a queue at both the check-in and at the security check. Here again the time is incorrect from the drop off. So it seems like the Avis person who checked the car on return either delayed registering the cars return or marked the time incorrectly.

Avis only give a strange 29 minutes return delay grace period. But I cannot find this on any documentation they gave me. I travel extensively all over the world and I have never experienced such blatant discrepancy. Most companies have at least 1 hour. But the grace period is to cover for late returns and does not include the decision of an attendant to make a decision to mark my 11 o'clock rental 25 minutes before the hour of 11, thus allowing me only 4 minutes past 11 to return the car in order to be within this very strange 29 minute grace period of delayed return. Something is not quite right here. I find this most unacceptable and I would expect a satisfactory solution from an international organization such as Avis otherwise I will take action.

Same as most others on here. Over charged for a one-day rental. Non-English speaking customer service. Lots of hoops to jump through to get things straightened out. Worst part is they will not give you a receipt even if you prepay. So if you're a consultant or using them for business you won't get reimbursed for up to 2 months. Indifferent customer service reps that do not wish to help you in any way. This company is ethically bankrupt.

AVIS has been good at providing cars when it is needed - BUT behind the scenes they do apply unnecessary charges on your credit card - about which customer cannot do much. There has been recent scenarios where AVIS charged my card after I returned the car stating toll charges - I paid those charges in cash on all the tolls - but 5 days after returning the car they charge your card with $15-$30 stating toll charges. And when asking for refund they will ask for receipts of the cash tolls - annoying! They will argue saying - Avis has got a report from toll with license plate scanned and the charges - I don't buy this statement as "license plate is anyways scanned even if you pay toll".

This has not happened once - on another instance they charged $20 (approx.) and luckily I had one receipt from that entire trip which saved my money from Avis. WARNING - if you rent a car from Avis - if you do cross any tolls - do take receipts and retain them for up to 4 weeks till you return your car - because they can charge you anytime within 6 weeks - as per my experience (but they can be more greedy to charge even later). Or better to go for some other renting company!

I made a reservation online for an intermediate SUV. I picked the car up at the Philadelphia Airport location. When the representative told me it was a Mitsubishi Outlander, I asked if it was a crossover. She said no. I get in it and right away I know it is too low to the count to be an SUV. I looked up the category of the car online when I arrived at my destination and it is in fact a crossover vehicle.

I had reserved a SUV because I like sitting up higher and if I had wanted a car, I would have gotten one. Customer service was already gone for the day so I called first thing the next morning. Apparently the Mitsubishi Outlander is their intermediate SUV. The customer service representative had no interest in making the situation right. He just offered for me to return it and upgrade at a cost to a standard SUV. Doesn't anyone have an interest in good customer service these days. AVIS is out for renting a car ever again.

I attempted to rent a full size sedan from Avis today - for pick up at a Florida airport. The rate was good, and after I made the online commitment to rent the car for a week, the confirmation stated I would need to pick the car up at a Sears Auto location, several miles away at a local mall. I called Avis and was told that for that price, I could not get the car at the airport, and it was significantly more for the rental pickup at the airport. Who wants to take a taxi to pick up a car at a very remote location, and only be allowed to pick up and drop off during mall hours.

The customer service rep was very rude, and said, "If you want a cheap rental, you will need to go the Sears to pickup the car." I wanted to cancel the reservation, but they said that fee was $50 to cancel the reservation. I asked for a supervisor, and was told that I would need to be placed on hold. I waited for 30 minutes and never talked to a supervisor. This is obviously a tactic to get traffic to the website and then a bait and switch scam. I work for a very, very large company that spends an enormous amount of money on car rentals each year. I will be meeting with our travel department to assure that not one dollar will be spent with AVIS from this point forward. Be aware of AVIS! I went to Hertz and had tremendous customer service.

Rented a car one way from Orlando Florida to LGA. Total of rental was supposed to be 48.00. When I finally looked at bill it was 90.00. Called to get it fixed. They honored the 48.00. At this time I extended the rental for another three days. When I went to return the rental they could not give me a bill. I called customer service and she said my bill would be 96 total. Checked my credit card and I was billed almost 12,000 dollars for the car. They kept saying the adjustment would be made.

Not only could I not use my credit card but this caused my credit score to drop 22 points and was in the process of getting a home loan. They keep giving me the runaround about this and still charged me late fees even with the huge mistake they made. Called several numbers trying to get in touch with upper management. No return call and the reps I've spoken to have been very rude and disconnected calls on me. Any recommendations what steps should I take BBB. Can anything be done about credit score?

I rented a car in Denver CO recently. My son has a dog and we brought him in the car with us. A month after our trip I received a letter from Avis stating that they had to have the car professionally cleaned and they charged my credit card $150.00. When I called customer service they said according to my rental contract I was not allowed to have pets in the car. The person on the phone was rude. I scoured the contract and was unable to find anything about no pets allowed. I was able to get the charge reversed because they hadn't taken any pictures so they were going to reverse the charge. Someone that wasn't as persistent would have just paid the fee. This is not the first time I've has a problem with company. I will not be renting from Avis, Budget or Rent a Car. Even if they are cheaper.

I rented a Chevy Camaro as a weekend treat for my two young boys. I paid about three times more than I normally do for an average car rental. We picked up the car in an airport garage which is pretty dark. We took off and drove for an hour. When we stopped we noticed several stains on the interior upholstery, liquid spilled on inside door panels, grease on dashboard and exterior appeared to be washed with a dirty sponge with black greasy streaks all over. In addition, the check engine light came on while we drove it. Lastly the vehicle wreaked of smoke. I responded to the standard email survey and received a standard form letter response which was very unsympathetic. I also sent CSR a snapshot of company website stating all vehicles were smoke free. Never received a response or any effort to rectify situation. I even sent a second follow up email 7 days later. Terrible, terrible experience and customer service.

It took me approximately 45 minutes to get a rubbish car. It was dirty and not ready when I arrived, and I had it booked from 3 months ago. How unprofessional are they! After getting the car, Ford Fusion, I to clean the car with their cloth at Dubai Airport in the heat. I questioned whether the car had reverse sensors, I was informed that they did. Guess what, it had noticed the car was of cheap quality which is supposed to be the same group as the Honda Accord. Totally disagree. Anyways I had to wait for them rubbish camera that makes no sound, really pointless.

When I returned the car, I informed them that let me pay for a toll charge as I have done one and that would avoid them taking money from my account, they refused to do that. Anyways I noticed about a week later or so, approximately 25AED riyals was taken from my bank account which also included a non-sterling transaction fee. I requested AVIS to provide a receipt of the money taken. Approx. a week later, after me sending numerous emails, they responded saying it was taken by mistake, REALLY! That is just so unprofessional of them, so they said, "We will refund it." A week later I checked my account, and noticed the money was still not refunded. I sent an email and no response.

They have stolen money from my account and I will be reporting them to the UAE consumer rights. It's not about the small amount of money, but the principle of them taking your money. They need to provide compensation for stealing my money and wasting my time to keep following up. Advise to all, do not hire from such an unprofessional rubbish company who steals consumers monies and do not refund it in timely manner.

I recently visited Iceland and had an AVIS rental car (booked through RentalCars.com). When I made the booking I ticked all the boxes to make sure I was fully protected and indeed I received an email confirming "FULL PROTECTION". It was bad enough that I had to wait in the queue for one hour, but when I got to the desk I was subjected to intense sales pressure to take additional AVIS insurance. The rep suggested that the Full Protection provided by RentalCars.com was inadequate because it was not AVIS insurance. I showed the rep the "FULL PROTECTION" details on my RentalCars.com app on my iPhone but still he insisted I needed more insurance. It put a cloud over our holiday as my wife was worried that we were not properly covered. WHY do we put up with these SCAMS? I'll never use Avis again and I hope this will begin a "butterfly" effect to stop this dishonest practice - please support me.

I travel overseas for extended periods of time and I rent vehicles. This last trip to Europe I rented a vehicle from Avis in Budapest Hungary and I have had nothing but a headache since then. I returned the vehicle to the lot so I could make my train ride out to the next country. I went into the building, it was unlocked, and no one was there. I went to another company's desk and they informed me that the AVIS people are rarely ever there. I went ahead and tucked my GPS that I rented under the counter and put my keys and paperwork in the dropbox as the sign said to do. They charged my credit card 1526.44 Euros and it should have only been 634 Euros. I obviously was shocked and immediately disputed it. They informed me and my credit card company that I had not returned the keys and paperwork and returned the car to another lot. I parked it right in front of an Avis sign.

I have had my lawyers involved and my credit card company as well. It makes no sense that I would return one thing and not all that was required. My bank has exhausted all efforts that they can, but Avis stands firm. I am discovering how Avis does business after reading all of the review on here and other sites, apparently overcharging people's cards is a game they play with many people. Bottom line, I will never use Avis or any of their other companies ever again. I urge anyone reading this to do it as well.

I travel frequently and have for the past 20 years. Years ago, a per mile charge was common... Years ago. I have not seen one on any rental that I have had for a minimum of 15 years. However, I took a car from Louisville and dropped it off in Cincinnati 2 weeks ago. Now, I have been renting a car every week recently and see my rate per day and the 50% markup on fees and know what I am paying. So I am lax about double-checking the non-rate area and the receipt when I drop my car off. Well, after arriving home after the drop-off, I noticed a $451 charge for a 3 day rental of a Toyota Corolla! That is when I backtracked and found a per mile charge on my reservation. On top of that, I was charged for 681 miles! I probably drove 200, max as I only drove to Lexington from Louisville and then to Cincinnati airport. However, since I never verified miles when taking or dropping off the car, I had no basis for an argument.

When I called customer service, they slightly reduced the rate and confirmed that a per mile charge still occurs nowadays, but they couldn't tell me WHEN it occurs. It occurs on "certain cars" but could not tell me a definitive way that I would know when! WTF? I have had one-way rentals in the past and have one scheduled in May and none of them had a per mile charge. I have gotten Corollas before and never had a per mile charge. It appears that I was randomly selected to see if I read through each rental that I receive and, if I don't, I receive the Stupid Penalty by getting it stuck to me. Their extra couple hundred dollars is a pittance to what they will lose out of to competitors.

Anticipated a VW Golf at Dusseldorf City Center rental office. Was given a Fiat 500X. Was told it was the same class as the Golf. Got on the Autobahn and tried to get up to cruising speed (120 - 130 or unlimited speed limit in some places) and found it only had a 5 speed gearbox. Got up to 130, looked at the tach and was buzzing along at 4000 rpm! I could watch the gas gauge go down. Kept looking for an overdrive button I might have missed but none to be found. Decided to live with it. Got to Kolding, Denmark the next day and the windshield wiper quit working in the rain. Luckily there was an Avis location there and after 3 hours of trying to get the wipers fixed they gave us a Nissan Qasqai (Rogue). No problems the rest of the trip until I returned the car at the end of the trip to the Dusseldorf location which had no parking spaces to leave the car. No one there on a Sunday. Parked it on the sidewalk behind the building and said goodbye.

Ok let's see where I would start. First I am from out of the country, I went to Avis to rent a car, my experience was one of the worst experience I have ever had. The person was very unprofessional in how she handle everything that was done. I felt that I was force to do something that I didn't want to do. She didn't explained nothing to me. All she wanted me to do was sign paperwork. I tried to cancel, but she had already stated she had charge the card. I am very disappointed with Avis. I tried calling customer service to inform them, to me it felt as if they didn't care. I hope that this issue get addressed so no one else experience this.

We rented a car online at SFO but used my dad's Avis preferred card. When I got there, they said I couldn't use his card so we had to start a new reservation. They for some reason couldn't cancel the first one but was very happy to rent another one to me and said I'd have to cancel the first one online. I called right away and spent over an hour trying to explain to the rep what happened! No problem finally she said! We went ahead and cancelled it and we got an email with our cancellation number except!!! They kept $150.00! Excuse me!!! We were at your Avis counter!!! You're the ones who told us we had to make a new reservation and yet couldn't cancel the first one! Do not ever use Avis!!! They are thieves! Now we paid over 600.00 for a two day rental! Avis should be sued!

My personal vehicle needed repairs, so I rented a car from Avis. I rented it for a week because I wasn't sure how long the repairs would take. Their customer service at Tucson International Airport is deplorable. They now have a policy (not posted ANYWHERE) that you can no longer use a debit card and must use a credit card. They also gave me a car with only a quarter tank of gas. I had to refill it - twice - because they threatened to charge me $10.00 per gallon if I didn't return it filled. Even though I turned it in a day early, they didn't refund me the extra day or the extra gas I had to put in the tank and charged more than what they said they would. Their manager is rude and disrespectful, and they have a lackadaisical attitude when it comes to customer service. I can guarantee that I will not use AVIS again.

DO NOT RENT FROM CHARLESTON, SC LOCATION OR FROM AVIS!!! They will LIE to you and TRICK you into taking an upgraded car and then charge you for the original car plus the upgraded car they talk you into, while LYING to your face about what you will actually be charged for the final rental!!! Now... the story behind the warning.

We rented and pre-paid a car online. At the time of pick-up, the "smooth talking", lying customer service man behind the counter told us it would only cost us $85 more (TOTAL) to upgrade to a sportier car. He even wrote "only $85" on a piece of paper and never once indicated to us that he was going to charge us for the pre-paid car plus an additional $85 "per day" for the upgrade! He told us it was a special they had that day and made us believe we were getting this great deal. :(

After receiving the final bill and noticed we were charged for not only 2 cars but also $85 "per day" for the upgrade, I tried calling Avis customer service to discuss our overcharge with them. I explained to "John" at customer service that we had been charged for 2 rental cars and that we were only supposed to pay for the upgrade car we actually rented. He wouldn't listen to what I had to say about being overcharged, all he did was tell me that we signed the contract and that he had to stick with what we signed. I tried to explain to him that the contract we signed and what we agreed to wasn't the same thing or correct. I also tried to explain to him that we were actually charged for 2 rental cars, not just the upgrade. John, at Avis customer service, was very rude and acted like he couldn't care less about our overcharge or the experience we had with the rental counter agent. He even hung up on me when I asked to speak to a manager!!!

NO WONDER THIS COMPANY HAS AN F- RATING WITH THE BBB!!! They are the absolute worst rental car company and has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with for a business!!! Avis, you should be ashamed for training your employees to act in such a manner!!! It's truly amazing that such poor customer service exists today and with such a large company. There are so many rental car companies to choose from... DO YOUR HOMEWORK, LOOK AT REVIEWS. NEVER will I rent from or recommend Avis again!!!

I made the reservation online, and there is apparently a not very obviously stated policy that there is a $50 cancellation fee for a pre-paid car rental, even if it's cancelled more than a month in advance.

Let's see where to start. I was driving from NY to South Carolina. My personal car broke down and needed to be taken off the road while the dealer in SC worked on it. So I rented a car from Avis using my Visa debit/credit card (Rung up as a credit card transaction). They took almost 400 dollars for the rental. THEY HAD MY 400 DOLLARS! Get to the counter, was told I can't rent the car because I didn't take a flight? What the hell Avis. I have no car, 2 kids under 4, and a wife with no transportation.. AFTER I PAID YOU ALREADY.

Then you wanted to keep a cancellation fee at first. You did try to help me by moving my reservation to another spot, which was nice. Then you tried to tell me the same reservation/rental was going to cost me almost 100 dollars more. Oh btw, no transportation since the car was in the shop so it would be a pain in the ass to get a ride over to said new location. To top it off, the ladies at the front counter were no help at all and told me to call the company because I booked via their Avis.com website.

I have used Avis ever since I first started renting cars and I've never had a problem UNTIL recently... I made a reservation a month prior to my pick up on March 30th at 4:30pm at Dulles INT. Airport but when I got there I found out the Avis representative who made the reservation for me (Avis Reservation number) had put in some sort of business code... I'm not here for business. I'm military. So being under age the store wasn't able to help at all besides to call the reservation number and have them fix it. Three and a half hours later I finally get things fixed and I am given a 2016 Chevy Malibu. 2 days later the check engine light comes on the car so I take it to 2 different locations in the Virginia Beach and Norfolk Virginia area and they have no standard size vehicles so now I'm stuck with a car that has a check engine light on (Mind you this took 2 hours plus drive time of 1 hour to get figured out).

The next day I drive to Lynchburg VA Airport and they had a standard size 2016 Ford Fusion (5 hour ride to that airport for a car). When I got in the car, it was filthy as if no one had cleaned it but oh well no check engine light... 1 day later the Engine oil light and notification comes on just hours before driving down to Mississippi (2000 mile round trip) so again I have to find an Avis location that has a standard size vehicle for me in the Norfolk area. I am not on day 13 out of 24 with dealing with AVIS and these poorly cared for cars. I spent nearly $1,000 for 22 days but have now spend everybit of 12-13 hours of my hard earned vacation trying to get a reliable vehicle from Avis and not to mention the ear full my wife has been giving me for taking family time away. Worst experience. Wish me luck that my last few days don't get wasted with more AVIS problems. Thank you and have a great day.

I had a very bad experience today with Avis located 919 Parkside Walk Lane, GA 30044. My husband made a reservation with a confirmation number for pick-up today, April 4, 2017 at 5 pm and drop-off for Friday April 7, 2017 at 6 pm. Earlier this morning my husband received a confirmation phone for the pick-up of the vehicle, with the detail his wife (me) would be picking up the vehicle. I had to order a Uber drive to the location with the thought of picking up the car that was reserved for 5 pm but when the car was suppose to be picked up there was no car available. The nearest Avis could supply a car in Buford, GA. The person at the desk seemed like he didn't care at all about not being able to supply the vehicle that was reserved. "There's nothing I can do" is what he kept saying. My husband spoke to him on the phone and he was extremely apathetic to the whole situation. Very bad customer service.

First AVIS overcharge: Feb 05, 2017 – Feb 12, 2017 (7 days) total charge should have been $312.11, what was billed to my credit card was $1,054.49. That’s an overbill and charge of $742.38. This overcharge on AVIS’s part was not discovered by AVIS, I had to bring it to AVIS’s attention, which means I tried calling three times and placed on hold and transferred around multiple times to no avail, then had to leave work and go to the AVIS desk at the airport to try and resolve only to be apologized to and told it would be corrected immediately. 2 days later it still wasn’t resolved and I still needed my receipt which had not yet been posted so I had to go back to the airport’s AVIS desk again to get it. This screw-up which was totally AVIS’s fault cost me over 6 hours in wasted time and frustration.

Second AVIS overcharge: March 13, 2017 – Mar 20, 2017 (7 days) total charge should have been $283.73, what was charged to my credit card was $1,093.78 that’s an over bill and charge of $810.05. Again, this overcharge on AVIS’s part was not discovered by AVIS and I had to bring it to AVIS’s attention. THAT’S TWICE IN 2 MONTHS CHARGING ME OVER $1,500.00 AND MAKING ME JUMP THROUGH HOOPS TO GET IT BACK!!! This was a very large inconvenience as I was originally told that the issue would be resolved immediately but two weeks go by and then once it’s RESOLVED I’m told I still had to wait 4 - 5 days to see it posted.

Please know that because I have to submit ALL expenses in a timely manner to my company's accounting department the full amount was deducted from my pay check which was very inconvenient. What the company payroll takes back is actual cash from my check. What AVIS refunds back is a credit to my charge card which is two entirely different things.

Also at the time of my rental I informed and continue to inform the counter personnel that I DO NOT WANT E-ZPass, and that I pay for all my tolls IN CASH at time of use. Without my consent or knowledge the E-ZPass is evidentially still registering while closed-up in its box while I’m simultaneously paying cash and I just realized AVIS is charging my credit card for this without letting me know. STOP!!! Also, when I brought this up to the AVIS representative at Albany airport he simply said “You have to take that up with E-ZPass, it’s not my problem”, uh hello, I didn’t agree to anything with E-ZPass, AVIS did, all I agreed to do was rent a car not a E-ZPass, so it is not and should not be “MY PROBLEM”!!

I have not asked for anything other than what I originally contracted for but what amazes me is that AVIS puts me through all this POOR customer service and the only thing they do is say “sorry for the inconvenience” then they do it again. Not once has anyone attempted to make good on the trouble your company has put me through, but you want people to remain loyal customers. REALLY! I say this because I value good customer service and to overcharge a customer then have him/her take time out of their work day and travel back to the service desk twice over a three-day period and also make 3-4 phone calls to customer service only to have it finally resolved a week and a half later and still told that it will take 4-5 days to post is unacceptable. I know that the customer isn't always right, but on this one I don't think I'm wrong. Remember this is the second time this has been done to me in just as many months. Very frustrating.

Arrived to Avis counter in Palm Springs, CA to see long line and one person at the counter. There are three terminals but one person is available. The line drew longer and I waited 30 min. and did not move an inch. I called Avis customer service alerting to the situation and asked if they can send somebody to help the poor man at the counter. The response I heard shocked me. I was asked if I am willing to pay the wages for the other employee. He said "you can cancel your reservation and move along." I will for sure not reserve any Avis car in the future.

My experience is always bad with Avis Car rental. When you make reservations your card goes through everything seems to be fine until you get to the place of pick up. Then they tell you they ran a credit check you didn't pass so now you have to call and request for your money back also making you late for your departure and late for other reservations. My place of departure was Macon GA Airport. The young girl behind the counter is always so rude to me. I wouldn't recommend you rent a car from Avis Car Rental.

I was spoken to extremely rudely - to the point that the manager assured me I would be compensated. Now the head office of Avis is refusing to honor this promise of compensation. They just want your money and don't care who they have to screw over to get it and once they do they treat you like ** - and the managing director can't be bothered to honor promises by the company.

Compare Rental Cars