1.08/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

265 Air India Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Firstly they didnt inform about the delay in flight. Flight which was suppose to take off at 1.35 pm took off at 5.50 pm. No compensation whatsoever. On top of that no meals served whereas as per time schedule of flight they are suppose to give free meals. In name of meal just gave biscuit and water. Do they even understand the inconvenience faced by passenger as some just travel for important meeting. Passengers waited for 5 hours to board the flight and then there was a further delay due to some technical problem. Better they would have canceled the flight and returned money. Instead of causing so much trouble. In fact 1 star is also too much. I feel for such a poor services. Budget airlines are any day better.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I would say I made a mistake by booking flight tickets with Air India, I called them to reserve seat and 3 times and 3 hours on phone, two people told me that they will call me back to collect credit card. Never called. Really really poor service. I would say go with any other airlines. I never had this kind of poor customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

AI should be ashamed of itself for using old planes with broken seats on long haul flights from Hyderabad to Chicago. When we asked flight attendant they expressed sympathy but did nothing. Few other observations... 1. Hyderabad check in counters are minimally staffed. 2. Check in crew take forever to process passengers. We saw two ladies miss their flights due to poor handling of paid passengers at the airport. 3. There is lot of commotion and confusion at the kiosks. They could not handle three flights at once due to minimum number of counters. 4. Staff are rude and they let their staff and their relatives to cut lines while paid passengers are patiently waiting. When asked they became belligerent. 5. Monitors IFE don't work in the main cabin. You will be lucky to find a comfortable seat. Main cabin seats are hard and difficult to sit for more than an hour.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

We booked ticket to Port Blair from Lucknow. Adding two stops, they booked us from LKO to Delhi, Delhi to Chennai and Chennai to Port Blair. On day of departure 19/12/2018 from LKO their flight got delayed by 1 hour. Anyhow we cope up with them. But returning back was so horrible that we won't be booking with Air India ever. We reached Chennai from Port Blair in morning on 26/12/2018. Chennai to Delhi flight timing was in night at 9 p.m. and it got delayed and departed at 10:10 p.m. and took 3 hours 30 minutes to reach Delhi. Our Delhi to LKO flight was in the morning 27/12/2018 at 7:10 a.m. so we booked deluxe room in a hotel in Delhi but due to Air India 3 to 4 hour delay we got much late but still while moving out to hotel their staff diverted us to domestic transfer though we told him that we booked hotel.

On coming to domestic transfer we were told that the flight will be from international airport and we can't go out now due to safety issues. We spent 5 hours again in the airport area sitting. They almost made us sit on the airport for whole day. It was so pathetic. They don't care about people's time and make their customers suffer. I regret choosing them. IndiGo would have taken us at much lower price and without wasting our precious time. Never going to travel with Air India. Pathetic service and staff.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

We had a disappointing experience recently flying with Air India and reporting this as a complaint, as well as a feedback to other passengers in similar experience in future. We are a family of 3 (couple + 12 yr old child) and booked our tickets with Air India for return trip from Auckland-Sydney-Delhi-Kolkata-Auckland, departing Auckland on 18/12/18. Each passenger was allowed up to 2 pieces and 30 kg of registered baggage, and we checked in total 5 registered baggage, weighing total 70 kg at Auckland Airport, for all the way through to Kolkata. We were issued boarding passes by ground staff at Auckland airport, and each passenger’s boarding pass had 5 baggage tag no printed.

We had transit stops in Sydney and New Delhi and arrived in Kolkata, after nearly 22 hours of travel around midnight of 18/12. After waiting for our baggage at the carousel for a long time and when all left with their luggage, we realised that our bags did not make it (although there was no announcement by ground staff) and tried to locate a ground staff to report the missing baggage. It was a frustrating search as reportedly, all the baggage handling staff had left due to “late night in cold wintry weather”.

After several approaches and more than ½ hour waiting, a ground staff arrived to write the report (“Passenger Irregularity Report” or PIR). Although she was helpful and filled in the form for us we were advised that she is not involved in baggage handling matters and was trying to help us as there was no other concerned staff available around at that time. She did not have access to the baggage tracking system on computer to tell us where the bags were left behind. She was not also not familiar with the baggage no. printed on the ticket (expected baggage tags pasted on the boarding pass), and kept 1 of the boarding passes with the PIR. After all this, we were finally able to leave airport nearly 2 hours after arrival – in a totally exhausted state. However, as regular travellers around the world, we know that delayed baggage is a fact of life and accepted.

We received our luggage after 2 days, on 20/12/18 early afternoon, delivered to the local address in Kolkata we provided in the PIR. Understandably, the previous 2 days were rather difficult to survive, without any spare clothing and other essential items and were extremely delighted to get the stuff back. Later that day, we were advised by Air India Kolkata staff through email that since the baggage was delayed more than 24 hrs after arrival, as per Air India policy there will be a compensation amount of Rs 3,000 per passenger. However, the shock came when it further mentioned that since all the bags were registered by Auckland ground staff reportedly against only 1 passenger’s name and the PIR at Kolkata airport was also filled under a single name, only 1 passenger is eligible for the compensation.

We found this simply as outrageous and disappointing trick by a national carrier to avoid the minimum liability for inconvenience caused to its passengers. It is quite usual and normal by ground staff world-wide, for group check-in by a family, to register the bags in 1 ticket. Clearly, 5 bags and 70 kg weight would have not been admissible for 1 passenger alone.

In any case, so far we were concerned, this was not our doing as the baggage registration was done by airlines staff and we were not privy to that. For us, each passenger’s boarding pass had all the registered bag nos. printed, and the inconvenience faced for the missing bags was same and true for all 3 passengers. I responded to the email explaining our viewpoint as above, and declined to accept a single compensation as a matter of principle. I have received reply from Air India, sticking to their position and declaring that we are eligible only Rs. 3000 for 1 passenger.

We have decided to decline the offer by Air India to compensate only a single passenger, which in our opinion, besides being unfair is humiliating too. We are frequent international travelers, particularly in NZ-India sector and this was the first time we decided to fly with Air India, in an urge to support the national carrier of our motherland. Certainly, this will be our last trip with Air India too, and we consider it our duty to let other travelers know this experience and be careful in their dealings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I am traveled from Riyadh to Trivandrum on 28th November. When I entered 1:30pm at airport, LCD display saying departure is 3.45pm. After one hour display changed to 5.45pm due to flight late. But many passengers standing on row at 3.45pm, because there is no announcement no assistant. Then we informed to co passengers. Finally flight departed at 6.45pm. We spent our 3 hours valuable time in airport. But their response is zero. They are detecting more than 50% money if we are late 10mins. But they late 3 hours? Now I want to change my return travel date, they asking to pay 150SAR. Then what about my 3 hours time? If I spoke customer care from India, they said you want to ask that particular time now finished. What a fantastic service. Because I am also working with hospitality service. If guest spent one dollar with us, they should feel value of one dollar. But Air India???

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This is Sonali ** writing to you in account of the injustice and absolute unprofessional behaviour of the Air India staff. We had booked a ticket Mumbai to Mangalore for Dec 8th, 2018 three months in advance for myself, my husband and my father in law. On arrival to the airport an hour and half in advance we were told that there is no space in the aircraft! The lady at the counter left the counter and walked away without explaining the situation. After being abandoned for close to 10 mins we walked around trying to understand the scenarios. The staff never explained anything. We had to figure it ourselves that the flight was overbooked. There was no backup plan on how we would be sent to Mangalore. They told us vaguely that they would check in Jet Airways for seats but nothing is promised.

We are still waiting. The ticket we booked was for 10.30 am. It is past 2.00 pm now. My husband is waiting at the counter hoping we will be put on board in the 4.30 pm Jet Airways flight. I have my best friend getting married in Mangalore for which I have traveled all the way from the United States and I feel helpless and frustrated right now!

My question to you is, if there is no clear backup plan, why over book tickets and create a nuisance to the customers? Why is there no training given to your staffs on how to address the customers? Is this how a customer is treated who is relying on you to reach their destination? Who will reimburse my wasted time, money and energy? My father in law is old and has a aching hand, is this fair what you have put us through.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Worst service. Everytime I call them they are rude. Put me on a long hold and lie. One of their agents promised that since I booked the tickets yesterday the change would be free of cost and I asked for 10 min to confirm it with my fiance. He is in Indian Navy and had to change because he had to leave for sailing. Now I can not even contact him due to network issues in mid sea. And then Air India denied changes free of cost. And still I'm on hold/mute. No one is answering. They have no respect for people who are serving the country. I so hate Air India now.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I never wanted to travel Air India. I checked before I’m traveling from Florida, USA to India, when I called customer service executive he clearly stated I can travel with pet if it is less than 10 kg. I traveled from Tampa to New York on Delta connecting flight and have to take Air India from New York. Staff is rude and not responsible and simply stopped me and said I cannot travel with dog. They refused to speak with travel agent also. They said, "You can leave pet and travel." I didn’t understand how can they ask me to leave my pet?? I suggest don’t travel with Air India. It is already have poor rating. Still doing his best to fall down. Worst management and rude staff. Not at all responsible. I don’t want to give rating at all but it is asking me giving least.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I have been travelling to Air India many times but this time they are very much disappointed me. They charge me extra amount as my baggage is over 25 kg. My baggage was 28 kg. They charge me 525 rs per kg so the total amount I paid was 1575. I want my money refund coz I travelled to Air India from international airports also but there has not been this type of issue came but in domestic why this issue came. I want my refund as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam, this complaint is for multiple reasons as stated below: The flight was delayed by 3 hours 5 mins, originally whilst booking it was scheduled for 7:15 pm and later on was informed about reschedule to 7:45 and 8:45, however the flight left at 10:20 without any further notification. My pregnant wife was traveling and she suffered immense issues due to unnotified flight delay. We had paid and booked a Dreamliner. However despite delay they sent an A320 - a flight with no leg space, no entertainment, smaller seats, no neck rest, dirty spaces etc.

My wife suffered immense discomfort throughout the journey plus I am six feet and I couldn't fit in and be like that for 5.30 hours. Despite reserving seats while booking the seats were changed without intimation as the aircraft itself had changed, originally they weren't even together, while check in I had to request them for seats. Despite paying for comfortable aircraft, we were forced the discomfort and delay, we demand compensation.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The scheduled departure time of flight AI 469 was 05:20, 12th Nov. I was at the airport at 04:30. After struggling for some time for the boarding pass at SELF CHECK IN KIOSK. I requested the AIR INDIA STAFF at check in counter to help me in getting the boarding pass as there was no one to help at the SELF CHECK IN KIOSK. The staff at check in counter refused to issue boarding pass telling me I was late as time was 04:38. How I could be late at 04:38 when boarding starts at 04:35 for flight scheduled departure time 05:20. Most unprofessional staff, totally government style of working. Air India should close their shop. I was made to miss the flight.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Very rude and uncooperative staff. My flight take off time was 8:50 pm and I reached the airport check-in desk at 8:09 pm. The check-in lady wasted some time but after some urging, she was willing to allow me to check-in but her supervisor standing behind her said no need to entertain me and did not allow me to check in. It was an urgent trip for me as I had to report to job the very next morning and he said: - "if your trip was urgent you would have come earlier". If I am spending 7000 rupees at least I can expect is to be allowed to check in if the aircraft is parked in the airport with another 40 mins of time before takeoff. It takes at least 15 min for the process of boarding to be completed and I was just 2 - 3 mins late to the counter closing.

Not only am I highly disappointed at this but also extremely angry due to this blatant looting of money in the form of denial of service when there is 43 mins to time to taking-off. I will never choose to use the service of Air-India in future and make sure that my fellow friends and family and colleagues who are frequent flier never avail this sham of airlines until the need is dire. I also demand that the money that I paid be compensated back to me with interest for the harassment I have faced.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

This is such a pathetic airline I must say. This I had called airline for getting some information for the upgrading seat. This people disconnects the calls without prior information. I felt like using slang for them. I had called almost 5 times but same thing happened. Stupid staff, stupid service. Fool staff. Jayanti, Venkat, Sharad, Shaktipan, stupid.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

My flight was to depart at 5am in the morning and I reached the airport at 3.50. I was there in the queue for the boarding pass. NO final call or announcement was made. I needed to fly in emergency. I went from one desk to another but none of them did anything even when it was only 4.15am. They only asked me to book another flight. Staff was very unsupported even when I reached on time. I had to book a very costly ticket of GoAir after that. I won’t recommend Air India ever to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am Australian. I was traveling from Indore to Dharamshala and had booked flight from Indore to Delhi and Delhi to Dharamshala (Air India). I pre booked in advance to avoid any issues as I had to reach Mcleodganj at 1 pm. Flight was supposed to be scheduled at 6.30 but then delayed by 4 hrs and there we are sitting at airport. It is 11 am and the ground staff are not helping. I called customer support as mentioned and spoke to a girl called Jayanti where she said she cannot register a complaint. Who is going to compensate for my time and money I have spent and if my commitments are getting delayed.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I bought 3 tickets on the mobile app. All seem fine then the money went off my card but received a message that the ticket was not successful. After calling to India at a massive expense I was told, "Sorry the tickets were canceled." I have to make a booking online rather than application but how can I do this? The money was already taken from me. No one that can speak on the phone was willing to help. They said email and they will refund but it will take 10-15 day? WTF!!! This is totally and utterly ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The flight was the worst I’ve ever traveled in. The airline has resorted to extortion of their customers now. Due to their internal misconduct, I was charged an extra 20,000 rupees at the airport. I followed exactly what the customer service told me and I got charged an extra 20,000 for no reason whatsoever. I am extremely disappointed as a consumer and I know for a fact that I’d rather pay more for another flight but I will not be traveling in Air India again. The Air India officials are extremely rude and do not know how to speak with their customers. The flight was the most unpleasant experience I have ever had.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Their extremely dysfunctional website would not take ANY payment. My credit card company showed no attempt at payment, though they claimed it was on my end. No e-ticket or confirmation, yet saw a charge show up on my card!! Further emails, phone calls (from USA to India, etc), still after 5 days, no ticket. Then they "cancelled" my non-confirmed, non-existent ticket and still CHARGED MY CARD! Big hassle now to dispute and reverse this theft. Some interesting games going on here. Never, ever will go near Air India!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Airline confirmation # ** flight from IAD Aug 31st UA 1972 delayed. Missed my connection UA 48 EWR to Mumbai. Denied hotel accommodation expenses, had to spend $115 dollars plus taxi and food expenses $50. Was booked on AI 144 2.15 p.m. for Sept 1st. Had a lot of hassle because the person didn't do a good job. Had to go United counter 3 times because AI denied they had seats. Said it was booked and voided. Visited United baggage dept twice to make sure they reroute the baggage to AI and was assured that it would be.

Finally landed in Mumbai after 2 hours. Came to know baggage was not transferred and was delayed. Since no baggage and was allowed only one bag by United all my clothing, hair products and medicines in my delayed bag. Had to spend money on Undergarments $50, Hair products $60. Collected bag by my cousin and was brought to Pune from Mumbai. Taxi expenses $80. I am requesting Air India to please do a goodwill gesture and reimburse my expenses. $250 @ 2 days delay about $500 or my Actual expenses of $355. Hope Air India will not disappoint me. I have made several calls back and forth to United and Air India. They keeping pushing to different numbers. I request to please act professionally and take the responsibility and resolve the issue. United says that Air India is their Star Airline and final carrier to the destination Mumbai.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We had booked tickets for our parents from Del to SFO. Our parents are not ambulatory. In fact father had a major heart surgery 2 years back. So we booked special seats for additional $108. On the day of travel Air India did not provide the seats for which we had paid. In fact, even though our parents raised their concern the lady at the counter conveniently declined saying that "all the seats are the same"! Even though we paid for the special seats, they were given general economy seats. To add more to it, they were given seats which were not next to each other. i.e. for the next 16 hrs they were not sitting next to each other. P.S. it would have been ok if the seats were given to someone with medical conditions etc. But nope that was not the case!

Next, we followed up with the customer service. Apparently, the customer service could not do anything and had to reach out to create a case to investigate! They have been investigating "their lack of service" since the last 3 months! We have repeatedly followed up and most of the time the response is "The case is being investigated"! Now they have even stopped responding!! Now we are out $108, have wasted immense amount of our time following up, and feel harassed in the entire process. Had we known such service; we would have definitely avoided this carrier. Currently, we are re-thinking our next steps. We hoped that being a well-known carrier Air India will try to maintain some dignity in at least trying to resolve the case! But that is not the case. As the next step, we are looking for legal representation.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I traveled from Amritsar to Delhi using Vistara (at 15:25 hr). I clarified this with two AI staff (AI check-in & AI office) prior to boarding Vistara. ATQ AI staff did NOT inform me about no show charges ($550.69) that I had to pay later at Delhi Airport to board flight to Washington D.C. If same was communicated to me at Amritsar Airport I could have boarded AI flight at 19:00 hr instead of Vistara at 15:25 hr. Please clarify your stand on this issue as I am considering to seek consumer court. I submitted my feedback/complaint Sept 5th, 2018 to AI airline, however this request was closed on Sep 17th, 2018 without any communication to me.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Dear Air India, I was flying from BOM to MAA on the 16th September on flight AI094 at 7pm and after I received and opened my Vegetable salad, there was a WORM in my tomato. I have a picture of the same incident.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Flood affected Kochi airport. Was closed until 29th of Aug. (The airport did a great job of announcing the closure and reopen dates unlike Air India.) I called Air India several times to confirm my flight for 30th of Aug from Kochi to Delhi and Delhi to Washington D.C. but no one knew anything and all I was told was that they are rerouting all passengers. I was reissued ticket with multiple layovers for Sept. 4 from a different airport.

Now that Kochi airport is open on schedule and seats are available, they will not provide tickets from Kochi airport. I begged and pleaded because I was traveling with a child and it's long journey from Kerala to Washington D.C., but they stuck me with the most inconvenient flights with 3 long layovers! Depraved Air India is asking for money to cover its incompetence! Screwing flood affected passengers and then trying to make a quick buck. No way. I'd rather donate to the needy flood victims, some of whom have lost everything. Good job, Air India. This is the best way to treat flood-affected passengers because they haven't suffered enough.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I am a Keralite settled in US and was in Kerala during the floods and worked as a volunteer collecting essential materials for relief camps. My return flight to US had to be rescheduled from Kochi-Bombay-Newark to Coimbatore-Delhi-Newark as Kochi airport was closed. Air India charged $760 for the rescheduling even though my wife explained the situation. There was more than 24 hrs stop-over in the at Delhi so I requested Air India customer care that I will check in at Delhi and take another flight to Delhi on my own expenses so that I can spend time in Kochi working in relief efforts rather than waiting in Delhi for a day for my connection flight. Air India customer care said that is possible and there is no additional charge.

When I reached Delhi on Aug 24th, Air India Delhi ticketing office said I need to pay another $300 to check-in from Delhi. So, I paid a total of $1060 additional. I would have happily donated that money to flood victims rather than paying Air India. There were a number of people in Delhi going through the similar situation. I was very surprised and upset about the behavior from our own airline where other international careers were more lenient in this situation.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I generally prefer private airlines like Jet Airways or IndiGo or even SpiceJet while travelling through air. But due to LTC compulsion being a central govt. employee, I traveled with Air India on Aug 10 (outward Mumbai-Kolkata AI675) and on Aug 19 (Return Kolkata-Mumbai AI676). Since I was travelling with my wife and two sons aged 7 years and 1 year, it was utmost important for us to get our seats together on a single row for the sake of convenience. For the outward flight, while booking I selected seat nos. 23ABC whereas for the returned flight my selection was seat nos. 15ABC, as printed on my e-ticket. There was no warning at Air India website stating that these pre-selected seats are subjected to change without notification to passengers and nor it was mentioned that prior web check-in was mandatory for confirmation of the selected seats.

After reaching Mumbai airport for outward journey we were shocked and surprised to get ourselves dispersed at different rows 22A, 23F and 26D! When I asked why we were reallocated without intimation and violating our prior seat selection, the boarding counter staffs rudely replied that we must web check-in 48 hours prior to departure to get our preferred seats! Feeling arguing with them as waste of time we proceeded to board in and it is our good luck that due to benevolence of kind co-passengers, we could finally seat together at row 22ABC, but we did not receive any cooperation from the cabin crews as well despite repeated request.

For the return flight I was careful and tried to web check-in before 45 hours of the scheduled departure of the flight. But surprisingly found ourselves again dispersed at rows 4, 26 and 29! There was no option at the web check-in portal for me to make changes to the system generated random seat allocation and finally I had to give a ring to the Air India call centre requesting repeatedly to reallocate us together in a single row. The attending person was quite reluctant to execute my request quoting lame excuses that all seats are allocated, nothing can be changed etc., etc. and finally upon my importunity she allocated us at row nos. 30 ABC --- observe my downgrade from 13 to 30!

Ultimately we had to keep ourselves happy with her verbal assurance and no confirmation email was made reflecting the change. My advice to all friends is that always avoid Air India especially while travelling with family. There is glitch in their system about seat allocation and many people suffer due to this for their staffs' uncooperative attitude in this regard.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I'll try to be brief. July 26 2018 I was scheduled to fly from Dharamshala to Delhi via Air India, and then catch a flight to Egypt through another airline. We waited for the delayed flight, were loaded onto the plane, and then removed and made to wait for hours. After hours of waiting we learned the flight was canceled. I had arrived that morning, and was forced to stay until 8pm because they would not help me or give me any info. Finally, after spending the day waiting, they told me to come back in the morning and they'd help once I got to Delhi. They assured me they'd called the next airline to alert them I had been grounded. They arranged transportation for me the next morning- which arrived 25 minutes late.

July 27th, the flight was delayed (although passengers were never communicated with regarding the status of the flight). When I finally got a flight to Delhi, I landed to discover they had put all our luggage on another plane and it would not arrive for hours- it arrived that evening. In the meantime, they provided me with a paragraph stating they had grounded my flight to present to the other airline, who laughed and asked what the letter was. Every representative I spoke with stated the letter was worth nothing, and Air India never contacted them as they had said, and were supposed to book me an onward flight. I was stranded at the Delhi airport in a wheelchair all day.

The real kicker came when they took the wheelchair away and said they'd bring another shortly. They never did. Because of my condition I could only walk short distances. After waiting for them to bring another for who knows how long, I told the desk I needed a wheelchair and needed to go to the washroom which was a 10-15 minute walk downstairs. They told me to wait. This happened four times. After waiting another half hour, I could not wait any longer, and asked once more for a wheelchair right away. When they said I had to keep waiting (all the while there was a large group of men with wheelchairs waiting in the same room) I was forced to walk myself.

I returned perhaps 30 minutes later shaking violently, on the verge of calling an ambulance, and was provided with a wheelchair once I started to pass out at their desk, sobbing and unable to catch my breath. They refused to arrange a flight for me to Egypt, where I had friends waiting who could help me. That evening after I started to collapse in front of them, they finally offered me a hotel for the night- as a single woman, stranded alone in Delhi, who already experienced the unreliable care they'd provided. And still the next day, I'd have to pay for a brand new flight. There was never any mention of transportation or meals of course.

After the cancellations, delays, dishonesty, and being stranded in Delhi while denied a wheelchair, I finally was forced to pay another $500-$600 beyond the money I lost for the flight they caused me to miss and had refused to replace. As soon as I finally got my luggage back, I got on a new airline, booked a flight to Egypt, and got the heck out of there. Air India has since emailed me, apologizing for the "inconvenience" while also denying that the wheelchair had been taken from me and I was left alone unable to reach a washroom while being ignored by their staff. If you need wheelchair assistance, or have any health issues whatsoever, DO NOT fly with Air India. You will not receive help in an emergency, you will be kept waiting for hours, and they absolutely will take advantage of you. I've been traveling for years, and this was the worse flight experience I have ever had.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Hi, I am traveling from Hyderabad to Jamnagar on 1st Aug 2018. My luggage was damaged and bag was torned. Flight was dirty from Bombay to Jamnagar. All food particles on the seat and on the seat belt. It was very uneasy to sit on the seat. Thank you.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I was traveling to Hyderabad from Chicago on Air India flight. The entire travel experience was a nightmare. I had called 2-3 months prior to my travel date and got seat assignments. However when I reached the airport I was given a different seat. Ticket agent was rude and told me, "This is what you get. Not sure what happened to your seat," and the that the flight was full and I had to travel in the assigned seat. This was just the beginning of what was the most horrible and unsafe experience. The seat assigned to me was damaged, and the backrest was permanently in a semi-reclined position. The seats in front of me were broken. Entertainment system was completely broken and was not functional. I had asked the air hostess to help but they could not. One of them confided that the flight had this issue and was not fixed in Chicago on arrival.

I have been traveling Air India for many years, in the 90's they were bad, got better in early 2000 but now they are back to being the worst of the worst. Their employees are least motivated, they fly aircrafts that probably are not per safety standards (Permanently reclined seats even during takeoff and landing not sure if these will pass safety regulations). When it come to pricing they are not cheaper. In fact higher at time than others. I always had a soft corner for Air India because it is an airline of my country, however after my latest experience I decided that enough is enough.

I will never travel in Air India again. All Indians in USA and other countries should start boycotting this airline, this is the only way they will come to their senses. We use Air India at times to bring our parents, but my experience is that other airlines take better care of the elderly than Air India. I have seen Air India agents yelling at older people. This airline's right place is in history books as a failed experiment and a lesson to future airlines that they need to put customer satisfaction, and safety first. I am adding images broken seat backs.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My sister came from the Toronto on 05 July, when she changed the domestic flight from Mumbai to Ahmedabad, Mumbai boarding counter (Name of the person is "DATTA") gave her the boarding pass and not given baggage pass as saying "it's stick on your baggage and your baggage would be reach Ahmedabad with you". But when she arrived on Ahmedabad Airport baggage were not came with the flight. She tried to made complaint but Air India staff gave her the mobile number for further inquiry. Till the date no one able to give the location of the baggages. Air India staff intensively steal the baggages by not giving the luggage pass and I recommended to set inquiry on the Datta who MIS-handle the Air India boarding counter for steals passengers' luggages.

Air India Company Information