1.14/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 13, 2018

229 Air India Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 13, 2018

I have booked bassinet seat 2 months in advance for my wife & 1 year old son who are travelling from Chicago to Delhi. When I went to do the web check-in, a different middle seat was allocated to my wife & Air India staffs are not assigning back the bassinet seat. They took-off the bassinet seat without informing us and customer service agent is saying it's not Air India's responsibility to inform customers when seats changes. It's automatically done by system and they can't help. I have to go to airport counter to get the bassinet seat. What if the bassinet seats are all booked by then? Why did my seat was taken off in the first place, that too without informing me? Why would anyone book the seats in advance?

Original review: March 30, 2018

Very terrible airline!! I will never travel with them again. Cancelled my transfer without informing me and then tried to put me on a flight that was 24 hours later. Due to this I missed the reasons for which I travelled to India (due to prayers for my late grandfather). They have been rude, unhelpful and have very poor customer service. The so called manager at Delhi airport walked away from me when I was talking to him!! No customer skills at all. I have put in a complaint and still have not even received acknowledgement from the department who are supposed to be dealing with this. NEVER FLYING WITH THEM AGAIN.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I Mr. ** from Lucknow, I booked two tickets from Lucknow to Bhopal in Air India flight, flight depart before time the timing was 4 pm on 28-03-2018, flight depart from Lucknow before time depart time were 4 pm but flight depart before time and we don't get any information from Air India of before depart. We are very upset from Air India team. They are very unprofessional person. They are not ready to help us out. They argue with us instead of helping us. I file a complaint against Lucknow Air India team. Kindly please refund my amount as soon as possible. Otherwise I will go to court, the ticket no. is ** Mr. Sanjeev **. Hope for satisfying solution from your side.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I generally travel by Emirates or Qatar but unfortunately needed to book Air India to travel from Washington DC to Delhi. Before traveling I heard mixed reviews about this flight. This will be my first and last flight with Air India. I traveled alone with my 2 yr old and had a hard time with the flight, not with the kid. There is no proper greetings or service. The restroom was so unclean and horrible. The screens are not working. Many people got bored without entertainment. I'll never and ever will travel with this airlines. Don't recommend Air India to anybody. I would have given 0 stars to this, not even 1 star.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Major security flaw at Air India, Pune airport. While flying from AI814 on 9th March from Pune to Chandigarh. Air India issued me boarding pass of some other passenger as "Vaishali **" and I boarded the flight with same boarding pass and no one checked.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: March 7, 2018

I traveled on February 27th from Newark to Hyderabad via Mumbai. The headphones don't work the screen was broken, none of the buttons would work. The flight attendant's response was "let me reboot the system!" which seemed like a generic response that they are conditioned to say every time people complain about screens. Of course nothing happened and I had to travel 16 hours with a broken seat and no entertainment. In fact more than half of the screens were not working. Utmost disgusting cabin and restrooms. The toilets were so dirty. Absolutely unusable. I understand that the passengers are responsible for the mess but the crew didn't take any effort to stop or clean it up. After reaching Mumbai I checked out my baggage at the Mumbai International Airport and erroneously picked up a suitcase which had same color and brand as mine and checked out of immigration.

I checked in my baggage again for Hyderabad. The existing tag was removed by the officials and another tag for Hyderabad was affixed to it. This particular baggage's tag was only till Mumbai as the owner of this bag traveled only till Mumbai (I came to know later). I don't know how they removed the tag of Mumbai and put the Hyderabad tag on it. After reaching home at about 11 PM, I saw the bag and tried to open to check the contents. It had a small lock and I twisted and it was opened. I realized that the bag did not belong to me as the contents were not mine. I searched the bag to see if we can find some contact information of the person to whom it belongs to, so that we could get in touch and exchange the bag. Unfortunately there was no information.

The next day I immediately contacted the Air India Hyderabad and informed all the incident and asked them the process of how to return the baggage and how to get my baggage. They took all my details and gave a on hand file number. They never gave me a complaint number. In the meantime the Bombay AI people reached out to me and asked me to hand over the baggage to AI Hyderabad and after they receive the baggage then only will they release my baggage. The next day I went to the Hyderabad AI Office and handed over the baggage to one Mr. ** of the AI office. They did not give me any receipt for receiving the baggage. After that I have been continuously trying to get my baggage but there is no response from AI. They only work from 10 to 5 Monday to Friday.

When I handed the baggage on Friday morning they could have sent my baggage to Hyderabad by evening flight, but they did not. After that it was a weekend and you don't get a response. March 5, I got a call from Ms. Asha ** of Mumbai AI office and she informed me that the owner of the bag has made a complaint with the Mumbai Police that certain material from the bag was missing and they cannot return the bag till the investigation is complete. I have been continuously under stress and frantically trying to reach the baggage department to send my baggage. I had to spend the whole week without my basic necessary clothing as the Mumbai AI were holding my baggage. I had to buy my whole wardrobe. When I inquired with them they said it was with the customs and it has to be cleared by them. One of the manager of AI spoke to me on 6th March and told that I could collect the bag while I am returning.

I was returning back on March 6th from Hyderabad to Newark via Mumbai. I reached AI office Mumbai by 7 PM and requested them to release my bag as I will then check in for Newark. Then they started giving me all excuses and told me that the other customer has given a police complaint and they cannot release my bag. They detained me for more than three hours asking me all the questions which they already knew. For everything they had to speak to some superior officer.

They also forced me to speak the other owner and to request him to withdraw the police complaint. That owner was really angry for mishandling his baggage which he says was given to him in a broken condition, I had informed him that I had given the bag at the AI Hyderabad office in a good condition with all the material intact. After three hours also when they refused to give my baggage I requested them to give my clothes which were my basic essentials but they vehemently refused after speaking to Ms. **. Ms. ** was very rude and said all this started because I took the bag, she was trying to put all the blame on me.

They have not released my bag till date and they have retained my basic necessary clothing and the whole one week I was in Hyderabad I was under lot of stress as trying to reach them continuously without any response. The return flight was also similar experience. This experience has made me vow never to fly with this airline and never to recommend anyone to fly Air India again, until they get privatized.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Before booking the ticket, I checked past week departure history of the flight using Air India website. The website showed departed on time which made me book the flight. While entering the airport, a security guard informed that the flight is not flying from weeks due to bad weather conditions during that season. I was shocked and worried since I needed to board an international flight from Delhi. Well, I inquired from Air India staff about today's flight status and got a diplomatic answer saying uncertainty in flying. The flight was delayed by 1 hour approximately.

After landing Delhi airport, I checked the status of the same flight online. Surprisingly, it was not updated and showing that departure and arrival are scheduled on time. The web-based flight status service was showing incorrect information again and created huge trouble for me. Not to mention that the behavior of Air India staff at inquiry room is completely unacceptable. Also, Air India did not inform me in advance about the flight status via email or SMS. In conclusion, I would definitely not recommend Air India to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

My office had booked a flight ticket for official work from Chennai to Bhopal (connecting flight via Mumbai) on 30th Jan 2018. I reached Chennai airport around 8.30PM and my flight departure is 9.35PM. As I met with an road accident around 8.10PM nearby airport still I manage and reached airport one hour before departure. Once I check in at Domestic Airport gate I came to realize that I need to go to international gate. It is more than 500 meters difference from Domestic airport gate, and I ask for help from Air India staff, they help in their way, ask me to ran fast to reach to get my flight. And also I managed and reached the gate at 8.40PM.

As the CISF policeman understand my situation, clear me to check in. Once I saw the Air India check in counter is empty. I went to Air India support staff room and explained my situation. They are not at all ready to help a little. It is a Rs.7697 ticket fare I request them at least cancel my ticket or reroute me, there also Air India strikes, ask me to use the second half ticket (from Mumbai to Bhopal), they guide me to go to IndiGo and book a ticket from Chennai to Mumbai. (Whether Air India had tied up with IndiGo???)

No other way for me. I again ran from International gate to domestic gate, There I check with IndiGo people, the ticket fare from Chennai to Mumbai is around Rs.8000. Lot of stress, pain and also lost my name in my office, because am not able to reach Bhopal at time, once I informed my office, they cancel the ticket but zero refund due to their travel policy. I strongly recommend to all, please not to take a Air India as your airway at any circumstances.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018 This is absolutely the worst flight on earth. Horrendous customer service - these girls at the flight counter are extremely rude and customer service is at another level of being lame. I missed my flight and airline didn't have anything to offer. There have been instance where my friends missed flight and were simply asked to take next flight. But this cheap crappy airline refused to even refund me tax applied. I would never book from this airline for anyone in my family- would choose to

pay more for another flight than dealing with this unreasonable customer service. This corporate is at another level of cheapness and bunch of thieves. Their policies are their very own. This was extremely upsetting and I was really surprised at their cheap behavior. I WANT reimbursement for my unused ticket!!! Why am I paying flight or airport tax when I did not use the airport services??? Why is this airline eating my tax money???

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Today, 12th Jan 2018 on flight number AI 104 I had asked for wheelchair. Firstly they made me wait for 30 minutes. Furthermore, the officer was obnoxious and gave me blunt responses every time I requested to make it fast. Then, when I said that I am going to report this she told me to go ahead. This is absolutely unacceptable behavior.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

In future if Air India offers me free non stop flight from US to India, even though I won't travel with them. The 1 star I gave because of their food quality only. Other than that everything is horrible. Broken TV/remotes, broken bathrooms, old planes. And the worst thing is their rude staff especially in India. US based staff still have some common sense. But India staff is purely worst. They should be fired after it becomes private. AI intentionally cancels alternate days flight or looks for the reason to cancel so that they can consolidate traffic of two days, and they don't value people's time.

I have seen them how rudely talking to passengers. My flight got cancelled on both ways from US to India via JFK... and they never cared. All of my checked in bags were lost for 5 days. When I tried to follow up with claim department... they dont pick up or take responsibility. Email response is slow or they ignore you. This AI is needed to be privatized. Pls Mr. Modi (PM of Great India) do something on this airline and fire people like Mr. ** and Meena as duty managers at Delhi Airport. They are worst AI staff... I have seen them allowing their own people coming with some jack getting seats. Or moving plane back from runaway to fit more people. For normal people they simply deny. But Mantri's or Pilot's known could get seat easily. This is horrible trend in India... I would recommend people should not use AI at all until they get privatized.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

My mother travelled from IAD to HYD (Via Delhi) on 13-12-2017. We booked the ticket with wheelchair option, and also notified at the time of check-in to the Air India representative, and from IAD - Delhi has provided wheelchair, but during transfer from Delhi to HYD flight...Air India not provided any wheelchair to my mother, and my mother is arthritis patient and she not even walk for 1000 yards. She requested and begged for wheelchair, Air India crew don't even have any courtesy to provide wheelchair to my mother and she suffered a lot as she walked with her luggage from terminal to terminal. It's worst experience with this Airlines. I will recommend not to travel if you are fully depend on wheelchair.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My family travelled to India Amritsar on Air India. On arrival they waited 3 hours along with other passengers for their luggage. When they got home they discovered their locks had been tampered with. Items had been stolen from their luggage. They've complained to the airline but we're not getting a response. Emails are being ignored. Can anyone help with how or where we can log a complaint? Phone line is terrible. Operators don't have training to deal with calls.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Today I received a mail from Air India about the change of schedule of my flight from Delhi. Since, I will be taking Air India as a domestic connecting flight from Delhi to Nagpur after an international flight, I don't have enough time to make it with the new schedule. I called the customer care and asked the refunding policy. They said, if the flight schedule change is more than 61 minutes, they will refund full amount. Otherwise, it is considered as a regular cancellation. (Means, I will lose more than 50% of the ticket fare!!) The flight was scheduled at 6.10 AM is now rescheduled to 5.25 AM (in effect the difference is just 45 minutes). This 45 minutes is important for traveler like me to get a connecting flight. So, I am forced to cancel my ticket by losing more than half of the ticket amount.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Me and my daughter travelled from Delhi to New York on 8-Oct-17 on seat number 43J and 43K. Ear phone plug was broken for us. Moreover all three lights of our row were not working. Flight attenders were very rude, with no smile at all and no solution for any problem. Usually flights try to make journeys comfortable for kids. But Air India makes it worse. My daughter had to sit in dark all the way.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I was to travel with my 8 months baby in Air India AI 780 flight from Hyderabad to Kolkata on 9th Oct at 13:05. The flight got delayed due to bad weather condition at Kolkata. The Air India staff didn't inform me prior arrival to the airport, otherwise I would have not travelled to airport. I haven't got any compensation for the delay. I am carrying 2 luggages and 1 cabin baggage, while asked for the cloak room they said I have to pay for using the cloak room. I asked for access to lobby as I need to feed my baby, the staff says cannot use it unless I checked in. I cannot check-in since the flight is delayed and cannot access the airport facility since I haven't checked-in.

I have wasted my time and money to Hyderabad airport paid for the to and from taxi to airport, the staff has booked my next flight for tomorrow and asked me to call the staff before starting for airport. Why the staff don't proactively inform the affected customers due to delay? The only thing they will provide is a porter service for tomorrow's flight and 2 kg extra luggage, I had already paid for extra luggage. It is a pathetic service offered to the customer in an world class international airport. There is NO special assistance provided for mother carrying babies and at last I need to bear all my expenses for the delay.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

In spite of hearing several complaints over the years, I decided to fly Air India from New York to Mumbai and back for a last minute emergency trip. I hoped the flight would be better than what I had heard, but I was wrong. As soon as I boarded the flight (AI 144 from Newark to Mumbai), I realized my seat (23A) was broken. The under side of the seat had been ripped out with the life vest lying on the floor. I tried to tuck in, but the life vest kept popping out. When I complained to the flight attendant, he tried to tell me to fix the life vest by cramming it under the seat! Seriously? It was an uncomfortable 16-hour flight with the life vest pressing against my legs the entire flight.

To add to the misery, the screen was broken as well. It was pixelated with RGB color cubes splashed across the screen. The flight attendant's response was "let me reboot the system!" which seemed like a generic response that they are conditioned to say every time people complain about screens. Of course nothing happened and I had to travel 16 hours with a broken seat and no entertainment. The food was subpar and looked and tasted stale. At one point they served a pathetic looking sandwich with one slice of cheese in it. I think even homeless shelters serve better food. It made me sick! I was so shocked by this incredibly ** service on a flight I spent $1100 on! Never again in my life will I fly Air India. Just unbelievable how a national carrier could be so shamelessly pathetic!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I arrived from Syracuse with roughly 2 hours before connecting to Air India for a visit I had been planning for over a year. When checking in I was asked for my Visa. I thought that was already taken care of since I had never had to use one prior being my visits to other countries were done while in the Marines. I was told I needed to get an emergency Visa from the consulate on 64th street and that my baggage would be held for me while I took care of it. I took an Uber there and was not greeted with a friendly atmosphere but more with an inconvenience. I was told that I needed to get 2x2 photo and $203 exact cash. I ran around looking for an ATM and finally found one then the photo was impossible but managed to get one thanks to a teller at Citibank on 5th.

I finally get the Visa and my Uber returning to JFK takes nearly 3 hours because it is now rush hour traffic and I return after hours for the staff at Air India and have to wait until they open at 8 am according to the gentleman in the ticket office next to theirs. I am a disabled Vet with 12 herniated/bulging discs and very little labrum left in my right hip now spending the night inside JFK, that has very limited seating, for the next 12 hours until they open. 8 am arrives and I don't see anyone. I look on JFK site and notice it says 9 am. I continue to wait and nobody. Then around 945 I notice someone at the check in counter and go over there. After 7 minutes of standing in front of her, she finally asks if she can help me. I tell her I need to switch my ticket and she rudely tells me they don't open until 1045, so I go sit against the wall near there until then.

They all start to arrive and have their morning meeting where I listen to them talk about how poorly they are doing in customer service and they need to sell upgrades. I finally get to speak to someone and then go over to the ticket counter and the computer isn't working. She has to call their IT dept. I sit for another half hour while they get that working and then I am told it will cost me $650. $400 for a no-show and $250 for the flight change. I live on military medical compensation, that doesn't allot me much of extra spending money. I had been saving and booked this trip a year prior and had a set budget for it, that I already wasted mostly on the emergency Visa and Uber rides.

I am then told to talk to the manager and when I do she tells me there is nothing she can do. Says she will talk to a manager and walks away. I go sit down and a while later she comes back and asks me what I am going to do. I ask her if it's still $650, she says yes and I tell her I guess I will go home. She says she hates that I wasted all this time and money and says she will talk to her manager and walks away. The same thing about another 20 later. She then says she will see about "waiving" the no-show fee. I agree and never see her again for another 45 minutes. At this point, I grab my luggage and leave. Head to JetBlue and pay $200 for a flight home. I still dream to visit India but will figure out another airline somehow. Maybe even another city/state to fly out if I have to. I have never been treated so poorly by someone from in a customer service position like this!! I will continue to post this review and many other complaints for a while.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

On August 15, 2017 I was travelling from Mumbai to Delhi AI 660i and onwards to Toronto Canada on a business class ticket. Air India Staff informed me my baggage allowance on business class was one piece 23 kgs. However online on check in it is clearly stated 2 pieces - 32 kgs each. I informed counter staff and Manager on duty that I had called Air India and also referred to their website. They refused to accommodate my request were rude and insisted I pay for excess baggage which I refused. As a single female travelling by myself they caused me severe stress at the counter and they kept calling some people to show me they were trying. I waited for over an hour and nearly missed my flight. Finally I got help through a family member who called the General Manager and he allowed me to catch my flight.

The counter staff were rude and the Manager refused to even listen or believe that I had travelled to India from Canada on the same ticket on business class with 2 pieces of baggage. I was so mentally stressed and felt harassed by Air India staff over an issue that should not have really been an issue with a business class ticket. Further to add insult to injury I was issued a business class boarding pass for Mumbai to Delhi and two onward boarding passes were issued on economy. When I got to Delhi I was informed by lounge services I was travelling economy as Air India had issued economy boarding passes. I got to the flight and Air Canada informed me that Air India had changed my confirmed seat to another seat although my boarding pass showed my seat number.

I felt mentally tortured and literally no avenue to access any help by Air India staff at the counter at Mumbai Airport. If it was not for the kind intervention of the General Manager, the Duty Manager walked away without even offering a solution or accommodating my request. I would not recommend anyone to travel on Air India. The aircraft was not cleaned, the seats were dirty and soiled. In addition the headrest disposables had oil stains and showed signs of prior use by other passengers. The food quality was abjectly poor. This experience has made me vow never to fly with this airline and never to recommend anyone to fly Air India again.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I had to travel India on an emergency to perform final rites to my deceased father in India. I am the only son to my parents; I received the news of my father’s death around 17:30hrs on May 01, 2017 and I had to make necessary travel arrangements so as to, perform my father’s final departure from this planet. I take this opportunity to appreciate my ticketing agent Mrs. Ekta ** of (SKYROUTE TRAVELS SCARBOROUGH), for her tireless effort in response to my request of travel. A confirmed e-ticket was booked for travel - flight number AI7316 dated May 01, 2017 at 23:10hrs, operated by AIR CANADA.

I reached Toronto International Airport-Toronto at 20:00 hrs on May 01, 2017. At the check-in counter; after submitting my travel documents at check-in, ticketing clerk informed that she was unable to see any booking for AI-7316, she did explain that she was able to see the onward journey bookings confirmed. I was in blue funk, when the ticketing clerk said she was not able to see any booking on the above mentioned flight. I spoke to the Airport supervisor and explained the situation. The flight supervisor was very sympathetic to me, explained that they were able to retrieve booking numbers for onward journey (London) Heathrow-Mumbai. Unfortunately, they were unable to see my booking from Toronto-Heathrow.

Air Canada Airport Manager, my travel agent and the check-in clerk were trying to find different ways to help me with the situation. Everyone, were on my phone having conversation on the status. The fact remains that, I was denied travel on AI-7316 dated May 01, 2017, due to Airport systems not showing Toronto-Heathrow. Hence, status is deemed as NOT-CONFIRMED. With utmost grief and no solicit for help from Air-India at the Airport counter along with financial loss of Air Tickets being canceled. I had to take the next available flight to perform my father’s final rites. I had to make other travel arrangement for the same.

I regret that, my experience was the most frustrating with Air India. Why do you issue a confirmed e-ticket, when your systems are not in synchronized with the Toronto Pearson Airport systems? Is this the way Air-India operates whilst code sharing? No Air-India personnel were present at the Airport. Even after 4 months of travel, I was not provided with full refund of my ticket. My agent was following up with the same and sans response from Air-India. With this letter, I would request you to consider the circumstances and the evidences provided to you for a full-refund of Air tickets. Air India is not even apologetic to anything? What a service is this.

Original review: July 9, 2017

From booking they restrict you. Shows online rates but when you click they say not available, means you must book it from bookies. Things are never safe if you are giving in. Air india steals my things but when you give complaint no one react or anything. It's normal for them anyways. Worst airline to choose or fly from.

Original review: July 5, 2017

We flew Air India on 27th June from Delhi to London, seat number 30J and 30H seats were so uncomfortable. We told flight staff to change our seats but they didn't and TV screen wasn't working. That was reported to flight staff. He try to reboot few time but he couldn't make it work. 9 hours we were without any entertainment.

Original review: July 4, 2017

Team, 3 issues so far before even they reached to USA now. 1. Flight delayed and no communication on this. Very poor service. 2. Reserved seats and confirmed with AIR INDIA and when they onboarded, they give different seats in different places for my parents, which is very bad for seniors to travel for a long trip with cheating behavior.

3. Since parents very senior citizens, opted wheelchair assistance and confirmed that, however they didn't even provided wheelchair assistance, simply said "Walk." What is the point to opt this and why to book AIR INDIA, I thought it's our INDIAN flight and helping our seniors. Now I realized, other country flights are more cooperative and assist better for the seniors. None of the customer support team is useless, simply say "Sorry, we can't do anything." If we ask to escalate, "Sorry no service like this." What is this and who help in case of more assistance to work with them to get a service when they travel. I recommend don't go in Indian Airlines, and I am totally disappointed how they are behaving. Please don't book from AIR INDIA anymore for anyone. Wasteless, useless and worst airlines and support. We never get support for sure from Air India for any reason.

Original review: June 19, 2017

They just do what ever they like!!! If you are choosing them to travel anywhere that means you are fully responsible for the risk or whatever. They don't take any responsibility whatsoever??? They cancelled the ticket one night before and didn't even bother to inform their passengers. My mum got to know her flight is cancelled actually when she reached the Air India counter. Missed her next flight and then also connected flights. She had to travel 2 days later and also had to pay $800 extra charges to further international flights... I don't recommend them at all.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I flew Air India on April 29th. As soon as I entered the plane I went to my seat. The monitor was not working. I can do anything in the plane. I went all the way to Korea from Delhi, had no TV. They will not even move me. I told them they made a report, never apologized didn't do anything. They treated me like I was some kind of crap didn't exist. This was the worst service I could imagine in my life. 3 staff really mean to me. They gave me a used blanket when I asked for a blanket. When the plane stopped in Korea I noticed they were cleaning up the plane and they were folding up the same blanket which people have used, the dirty ones. I got so disgusted I threw up in the bathroom.

I asked the lady flight attendant if she could give me a clean one. She said "I don't have it." They got off the plane and someone didn't care at all, nobody cared. I waited to get a form work and make a complaint. They gave me a piece of paper saying that "this is what you could do." I was all like "Can you please take my phone number and have somebody contact me?" They said this is not the policy. This worst, worst, worst service I can imagine. Air India is the lousy plane. The employees are ridiculous. They don't know what they're doing. They have the worst rudeness you could imagine in them. They don't care. They don't even provide you with a glass of water when you asked for it. I rang the bell 3 times, nobody came to me. I was shocked. I was thirsty and I was dizzy.

I just didn't know what to do. All I have to say is that I hope your India gets better service better employees who cares about people and clean blankets. The staff was lousy. If I could have somebody contact me my phone number is ** from Air India. I feel like I want to go in the news media in India and tell them how disgusting Air India plane is. They give you the blanket that people cough, draw food and everything. When they stopped to clean the plane and career remember that they don't give you clean blankets in the blankets and not in the plastic. Please do not use the blanket. Do not, those are the same used disgusting blankets when people have used on the flights.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I recently discovered that my round trip ticket was cancelled at the last moment. We booked our ticket on November, and I called twice on customer care but they refused to do anything regarding this and willing to refund money. But who the hell is responsible for this loss, They have earned a big interest from our money and yet we still have to seek for other flights on costlier rate. This time I have to do something. I will definitely report to consumer appeal. I will never prefer Air India again in future.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Again another surprising initiative by Air India. They are giving 50% discount on Senior Citizen ticket. Discount terminology is '50% of Economy "M" RBD basic fare' (http://www.airindia.in/senior-citizen-concession.htm). I have a plan to visit Delhi during this winter so I try to avail this discount from AI website for my parents. I noticed that for CCU-DEL round trip the concessionary passenger's base fare is 18,512 INR where as the non concessionary passenger's base fare is 3999 INR. So if I apply 50% Senior Citizen concession on the base fare, it will be 9256 INR. I was surprised and call AI customer care, they clarify me that this discount is only applicable on Maximum Economy fare. I am amazed.

Original review: April 27, 2017 Air India- the worst experience ever. This is my first time writing a negative review but I was so pushed from within to have my voice heard. My mom had a flight from New Delhi to SFO non-stop and Air India harassed my mom so much on the airport. She was given boarding pass and her luggage was checked in and she said goodbye to her family but when it was time to board the plane ,they said that my mom didn't had the flight that day. My mom was questioned and harassed

that whole night with comments like she did a fraud trying to board the plane when her flight was two weeks later.

My mom requested them that she got the ticket from Air India and if there is any mistake she needs to contact her family (as my mom doesn't keep phone with her). But none of the staff member helped her. My mom borrowed a phone from someone and asked her family to come Back to pick her up but they took her passport and green card and questioned her for 8 hours and my mom was in tears literally, asking them to give the passport and luggage back.

Well my question is if her flight was not that day then how was she even given the boarding pass and why was her luggage checked in? All in all, this is harassment in my eyes and if they don't respect an older woman, who are they gonna spare. This is the worst customer service experience I have ever heard of and would never recommend or board this airline ever again.

Original review: April 22, 2017

We were flying from Singapore to New Delhi on Air India. When we arrived at the airport we learned that we needed a visa (which we didn't have) to stay in India. The Customer Services Supervisor (Malisa **) was WONDERFUL in helping us to change reservations so we could fly on our original flight and connect to another the same day. We found the flight attendants to be very responsive. This was the best airline food I have ever eaten (It should be noted that we were in business class)!!! We will fly Air India in the future and would recommend our experience to others.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I used to think bad reviews of Air India is overhyped. But I was so wrong. I flew from London to Mumbai via Delhi and this has been the worst travel experience ever! Flight delay is probably the least severe issue there is with Air India. The toilets were so dirty. Absolutely unusable. It was the Boeing 787 Dreamliner... Which is supposed to be the most latest and advance aircraft. But Air India made it look so terrible I started doubting Boeing.

On arriving at Delhi I was told by Air India staff that I need to collect my luggage and go through customs. This is height of stupidity. Because of this I almost missed my flight but thanks to Air India's consistent delay I was able to board the flight... During the whole process the staff was rude, illogical, arrogant and utterly stupid. They do not care about customers. Worst mistake to travel with Air India. It's high time we take some action against these so called staff. Stop flying with them. It's a wastage of our tax money.

Air India Company Information