2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Air India Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: May 3, 2021

All my experience with Air India was devastating. Last year I booked air ticket for my mother, from chennai to singapore on 14-04-2020. Due to pandemic, all flights were cancelled. After 1 year 1 month of countless emails and calls to air india, I received Rs. 914 as refund. I lost Rs. 6393 with their usual explanation "as per applicable fare rules". They don't even deserve 0 rating.

Original review: April 23, 2021

I bought a ticket on AIR INDIA business class in April 2020. For obvious reasons I could not fly. I have been chasing them for one year for a refund & they just don't care. The airline does not respond to emails & the customer service is rude & has no knowledge. I wish US would stop them from flying to the US. They don't deserve to be part of STAR ALLIANCE. Worst Experience of my life.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I travelled from New Delhi to San Francisco through Air India on April 20th, 21. I was asked to pay $80.0 for my laptop bag. Air India website does not mention about the weight of the laptop bag. The person at the gate counter asked to pay out of pocket. I will never recommend anyone to travel with Air India again, neither will I travel. I will escalate this issue since no information was given correctly and Other bags had appropriate weight as mentioned on their website. My laptop bag had some food that I was carrying since I cannot eat the food served in the plane and also had my iPad in it. I would never recommend this flight.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Air India is a misleading crooked airline out to fleece passengers. Especially now during corona crisis, that they are aware not many airlines are flying to US... I had a round trip ticket from NY JFK to Bangalore. Leaving NY Jan 22 and return on April 16 th 2021. BOOKING REFERENCE # **. On the day of my return, April 15th, I was thoroughly harassed and cheated and misled by AIR INDIA staff in Bangalore. Was NOT ALLOWED to board the flight. And was FORCED to buy another one way ticket to JFK at a premium price of $1400. I am a US CITIZEN. I have also been vaccinated fully against the COVID 19. I had called the Air India customer service before and told them that and they said that should be enough to board the flight.

At the airport the ground staff of Air India insisted I take a $100 Rapid antigen test knowing fully well the results won’t be in, in time for my flight. They made me miss the flight and said my ticket will be considered as NO SHOW. They wouldn’t even let me ask for a postponement for my ticket. Misled me at every step. Made me miss my flight and I had to buy a new ONE WAY TICKET to JFK at a HEFTY PRICE OF $1400. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. Air India knows there are not many flight from Bangalore to US and hence use this to FLEECE and CHEAT and MAKE MONEY OFF OF Innocent passengers especially if they are US CITIZENS. I DEMAND A REFUND OF $1400 which I was unnecessarily forced to pay for a new ticket and an apology. My US Tel # **. My Indian mobile **. WhatsApp

Original review: March 30, 2021

I booked two tickets for two of my family members on 26th March 2020. Of course, that was the day that Modi called a lockdown and shut down the whole country including trains, planes, etc., leaving hundreds of thousands of people stranded. I tried contacting Air India for 6 months after that but no one answered their phones (real dodgy). Then on August 11th, 2020, I finally managed to contact someone through a number I rang in Australia. They advised me that tickets were not being refunded but that we could re-book the tickets up to December 31st, 2021. So in March 2021, I tried rebooking and was told that the tickets were no longer valid as a refund was made on August 11th 2020!! They advised to check with my bank who I then found, had no record of a refund. So then I was told to send an email to their e-commerce department.

All I got back was a vague reply telling me that they had already refunded the money. I have since asked them 4 times to clarify the details so I could give my bank specific details to follow up, but I have had no reply. I have tried ringing Customer Service, but every time I tell them what I am after, they just hang up!!!! All I can say is that this is typical of how everything seems to happen in INDIA!!! Air India have gone from being a highly rated company to a really dodgy one now!!!!

Original review: March 16, 2021

I don't recommend Air India anymore. I would say worst airline in the world. I had reservation on january 2021, had to cancel due to some covid issue, I've been calling them since January till today 15 march, refund still not processed, I've called and emailed at least 10 times, very disappointed.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I booked my flight for the first time with this unprofessional airline (Air India) and I’ve the worst experience. First I was asked to wait at the end for my boarding. I waited hour and half and found out that they wanted to charge me for duty free stuff I bought. When I asked them to speak to the manager I told told that I won’t be able to board the flight if I want to talk to any supervisor. And they ended up charging me $200 at the security gate which I don’t think they’re authorized to do. My bags and every was cleared at the immigration but I think they just wanted to make some extra cash. No wonder why Air India is going out business. Would never recommend anyone to even consider this airline. Worst experience ever.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I have been trying to reschedule my flight for the past week to no avail. Their online website is a mess that doesn't recognize my ticket or booking reference. Every time I call, they hang up on me after explaining my situation. They happily accept taking payments but will offer no support once they have trapped you.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Air India is illegally not returning refund of canceled tickets. There are hundreds of victims. I have called customer service over 10 times, they always provide misleading and false information. Finally got a response back from ecommerce@airinida and they said to contact customer service. It has been over 4 months. Lodge a complaint against US Department of Authority: **.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I had already prepaid for the extra luggage online. However, upon check-in, we were told that there is no reference to the prepayment and charged the credit card again at an even higher amount. I have been calling; emailing for the refund of the duplicate charges as they appear on my cc statement, but no response yet. Was even on hold for an hour still, no one attended to our concern.

Air India Company Information