2.86/5

Looking for a travel site?

Air India

Looking for a travel site?

Air India Reviews

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Air India had a very long call waiting for last several months getting worse, but very recently they have improved dramatically. Seems like there is additional manpower assigned and lot of attention being given to this activity that had turned unfriendly. Also notice an improvement in their website booking services from former. Some improvements are visible. Hope one of the oldest airlines operating in the world turns around.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I went to the Air India office at Nariman point. Had a wonderful experience. A neat and a clean office with cordial and helpful staff. MS ** attended us and helped with all our issues like baggage issues, frequent flyer issues, cordially and quickly. I am really proud of the National airline.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2019

As frequently travelling through various airlines it was very difficult to select one best airlines. Air India has not only improvised with the services but they have made the strongest presence in my mind and my selection, Traveling from Air Asia Buying ticket of 17,000 INR. Was not even asked for water. But Having regular experience with AIR INDIA is mind blowing and has forced me to write a thank you note to entire team of AIR India... Starting from Supervisor Desk Shweta to Flight Crew (name unrecognized) all time available for any sort of support. Cheers to Air India. Keep these services to kill other airlines...

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I have traveled to over 35 countries and flown with numerous airlines. Air India is by far the worse airline I have ever traveled with in my life. The quality of the planes is terrible; they are old, dirty, and basically falling to pieces. On my return flight from Delhi to JFK, only about 50% of the TVs worked on a 15.5hr flight, my overhead light didn't work on the flight there or back, so I couldn't even read without using the flashlight on my phone, and the seat (44K) had a hump in the middle of the chair where I could feel the metal prodding in to my back due to the frame being deformed.

The plane was dirty and disheveled with dirt, stains and spill marks all over the seats and around the windows, which never makes you feel comfortable and doesn't make you feel reassured as to the overall safety of the plane you are on! The food was also terrible with no imagination or variety in the meals... Plane yogurt was served with both meals, a croissant with cheese for one meal and another croissant with the other, etc. The air hostesses were clearly trying to appease customers by telling them they would try and reboot the electronics system, but then never came back to fill you in on what was going on with the entertainment system. Needless to say, my USB charger also didn't work.

The toilets were also disgusting. One was out of use, and when I finally managed to get to use the bathroom after having to wait for 7 people in front of me to go, there was no toilet paper, no hand towels, used paper toilets thrown all over the floor around the toilet basin, and dirty water all over the floor; it really was DISGUSTING!

I also flew to Delhi with Air India and then had a connecting flight to Jaipur with Air Alliance. Despite it clearly saying on their website that the 25kg luggage allowance would be honored, because they did not check my baggage all the way through, Alliance Air would not let me check my bag in Delhi without paying extra baggage allowance charges and insisted my bag was overweight because it weighed more than 15kg. I argued with them for over 20 minutes but they simply would not budge on the matter and insisted I pay them for my bag being overweight even though I had paid $120 more to book on what I thought was an Air India flight because they had a better luggage allowance compared with Indigo (given I booked through the Air India website, the flight number started with AI, and the email confirmation referred to it as an Air India flight I would have thought it was an Air India flight but apparently that wasn't the case!).

I might as well have saved my $120 and just flown with Indigo as their baggage allowance is only 15kg as well which is all Alliance Air insisted on allowing me despite me showing them my boarding pass showing I had just got off an Air India international flight and showing them screenshots of the Air India website saying the 25kg baggage allowance would be honored if you connected with an Air India flight either before or after your Alliance Air flight.

Simply put, the planes in use are old, tired, dirty and falling apart, and this does not fill you in confidence about the overall safety of the airline. Their fares might be cheaper than other airlines but I would highly recommend paying extra and guaranteeing cleanliness and some entertainment on such a long haul flight. The airline is also off to rip you off and get money out of you in whatever way they can. I would highly recommend anyone going to India use any airline but this one and just spend a little more for a better quality plane.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

How come Air India flights always manage to get delayed? Even if there's no specific reason for the delay, they manage to piss me off every single time. I have to take a flight from BOM to DEL and further I have a train to catch from DEL. Every time I book a ticket with AI, I miss my train. This is the last time. I'll never ever recommend this airline to anyone. There's no respect for customer's time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

My flight got delayed. So when I reached there accordingly they said they do not have the seats available as the flight is overbooked. How come the flight got overbooked. They provided the alternative flight in the morning but what if someone has urgent work. This is not acceptable.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I am travelled from Toronto-Dubai-Hyderabad, I had Air India connection in Dubai to Hyderabad. Flight is disgusting. It was not clean, bath rooms are not clean. Can't able to use bathroom for 6 hours. Apart from that they charged me extra amount in Dubai, in Toronto they accepted my carry on Baggage with 7 kgs, laptop and handbag. But in Dubai they said I have to weigh both laptop and handbag. If Air India has a rule that all Including 8 Kgs they should mention it in their website, it should be visible when people are booking their tickets internationally and having connection. I will never take this flight again in future. My Total experience with Air India is not satisfactory, I won't recommend this Airlines. If I can I will give negative rating for this Airlines.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

The staff in DEL has no idea about the Star Alliance partnership of Air India. They do not understand the basic rules listed on their own website. If you are traveling via a Star Alliance member into DEL you are allowed to carry an additional 20 KG BAG provided you are ELITE GOLD MEMBER OF A STAR ALLIANCE MEMBER. Good luck with explaining the same to the Air INDIA staff. They are rude and they are their own manager, therefore, you can not escalate any issue. I hear they are improving but I see them getting worse. Next time I will avoid this airline. BTW I had to pay an extra Rs 8000 for luggage due to lack of their understanding but I'm glad this will be my last trip with Air India. They do not deserve even a single STAR but I was forced to give a single STAR.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I have booked flight from Make my trip from Germany for Mumbai to Nagpur, flight number- AI 0627. I was travelling from Hamburg to Mumbai, then I had this flight at 5:45 in the morning. I didn't get any update of flight 4 hours delay, neither on my mentioned mobile nor email address. When I reached at the Airport I found this information & asked AI ground staff supervisor. He casually responded that it's delayed and said, "Your information is not updated in AI portal, since you have booked this ticket from MMTP." How illogical is that. I had also web checked in, & received boarding pass on my email. I am very disappointed now, after a long 15+ hours International journey, I need to spend whole night at Airport. This is how staff from Air India provide customer service. Very Disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I had booked using my United miles and since Air India is a Star Alliance partner the tickets to India included some legs via Air India. But they do not honor the star alliance partnership like other honorable airlines such as Lufthansa do. So they had cancelled my flights without informing me but on the United site it still showed up. This is a scumbag airline so do not use them. Not sure why United has not figured this out yet and thrown them out.

Also they cancelled my Goa to Mumbai flight and gave me a dummy receipt for a refund since I had gone to the counter at the airport and asked me to get the actual money from Travelocity since I had booked via them. I still have not been able to get my refund. This was a way to defraud the customer again. They exist to cater to their cronies and rich politicians and business men who know each other.

Air India Company Information