2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.2/5 (325 ratings)

About Air India

Air India Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Booked domestic Air ticket from BBI to CCU dated 02.10.21 in order to say last good bye to my deceased father, pnr **, flight no ai 780, but after arriving to bbi airport got to know the flight was cancelled. They cancelled the ticket, assured in order to refund whole booking amount within 7 to 10 working days as flight was cancelled but the amount not refunded.. As reservation duty managers landline now are intentionally avoided I visit physically and escalate the issue but, but only receiving advice in order to escalate the issue to different email address but nobody have and or showed any good intention in order to refund my legitimate booking amount of 5643.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I have cancelled my ticket before 24hrs as per airline rules with the help of Air india customer care representative. I have not got any confirmation email about cancellation and when checked with representative she said Air india will not send any emails to customers on cancellation. The only option to check if it is cancelled is to go to Manage Booking option on website and give our PNR number and when it does not show anything that means ticket is cancelled. And also only 17000 rupees will be cancellation charges.

I have not received any emails after that and no refund also. I have raised refund request online using feedback form, which only works once in a blue moon (website is the worst service). Later after many follow ups I only got 49$ as refund whereas I was supposed to get almost 800$ as my refund. After calling customer care multiple times and waited hours in line and then call gets disconnected when it is escalated. Finally I got hold of a good rep and he said that my ticket was cancelled 3 hrs before and considered as No Show. Which gave a stroke to me.

How can their software be so slow...which works after 24 hrs. I cancelled it way before 24 hrs and air india records it wrong. Their software is faulty. I wish I know the developer :( for a such a crappy software which works fine when taking money and vice versa on cancellations. I want my hard earned money back from Air india. Now I understand why people not use it. Only due to COVID people had no option. Worst service. Please don't Don't ever travel with Air india.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Had the worst experience ever in customer care. First of all they give you number in Google which is not reachable to them even if you ring it for 4 whole hours and then I tried other number directly in airport service in same airline and the person did pick up the call but didn't answer, just kept the call hanging on while having conversations with someone on the other end. This happened multiple times and was quite frustrating as I had an important inquiry but could do nothing as they played around.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

The most ridiculous airline in the aviation history of India. A big disgrace to the nation. Illiterate staff and long waiting hours on the phone to change basic things for existing reservation. The website is a joke with no helpful options to update anything. No wonder the Maharaja has become a beggar.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

We got a ticket booked from Air India during March 2020. But as international flights stopped abruptly during Covid-19 and open policy was given for ticket rescheduling at later date. From last many days I am trying my best and even after daily waiting for continuously 3 hours, no one is helping me in resolving this and rescheduling my tickets as I have to travel on an urgent basis as soon as possible. I have written many emails but all in vain. Air India has not earlier refunded my money and now not helping in rescheduling my tickets. I suppose I have lost nearly Rs. 75,000 and not yet been given any help by Air India.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I Booked flights on Air India on 21st September 2021 @ 14:11:28 and went on to book the tickets but on check out after including all the bank details, the website hung and everything got cancelled. I did not receive any email from Air India for a ticket. I called them and they confirmed that they had not booked the ticket and the PNR got cancelled automatically and no money had been deducted. However on 23rd September I checked my account and realized that I had been deducted an amount of INR 400304.18 equivalent to £3951.28. I called them immediately very hysteric as they had taken my amount without providing a service or a ticket. THIS IS A CLEAR CASE OF FRAUD AND STEALING.

When called they put me on hold for nearly 4 hours and I had to call in at least 3 times to speak to someone about my situation. All of them had a script to tell me that they will see if they can refund my amount and I had to fill a request for refund. No one was helpful and they just disconnected the phone. It was so frustrating that I was actually crying on the phone for being scammed so badly by a NATIONAL airline of India. I still have not heard from anyone. It's like they do not care. I am desperate and very upset.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I would like to bring this to your attention that Air India is not refunding the money to flight cancelled by customer within 24 hours or if the Flights got cancelled due to their mistake. According to their if the ticket booked is cancelled within 24 hours refund will be processed, I cancelled my flights which I booked online on Air India Website by calling the customer service department within 20 minutes and I was confirmed the ticket has been cancelled however they will not be able to provide me proof of the cancelled ticket in a email.

They also mentioned the refund will take up to 3 months from the day the ticket was cancelled and the ticket purchase amount will be credited into the debit account from which the ticket was purchased. Since 3 months past and I did not received the refund money. I emailed Air India at ecommerce@airindia.in as instructed on their website. After couple days, I received an email from their team that due to pandemic and less staff there has been delays however I will receive the refund within next 6 weeks. However, 6 weeks past and I was not refunded the owing amount (CAD 2400).

In addition to this I also submitted my complaint using their form online and did not receive any emails or response, then I called customer service department more than 50 times and after long waiting periods once get connected to the customer service agent, Customer service agent after hearing that it is call regarding refund would either hang up or put the call on hold or would act if they can't hear me. This happened numerous times and finally I quit calling the customer service department. I submit the complaint on https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/, anyone who has not receive refund submit grievance to Department of Consumer Affairs India through their online portal, hopefully this will shed some light and will bring this issue in light.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Called the airline many times and still not connected to get my ticket rescheduled. So what can I do now, nothing. There is no customer focus and they sometimes forget that customers are the one they are in business. Air India please improve your services, you lost a customer today.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

My name is Bhaskar and I am 65 years old, I am trying to reschedule my return date. But I was not able to do it for almost 2 days spending 8 hours waiting to get the ticketing team to be connected. As soon as someone connects, they say, they will transfer to the ticketing department OR they will call back. But after the transfer no one responded, we had to wait for a long time without no response and drop the call for eating lunch, other work. (This is repeated more than 8-9 times and each time spending around 1-2 hours)

The number we called is 18886341407 as per your website for USA contact. And after several attempts and hold time, we finally got someone from ticketing and he verified everything and confirmed that the ticket can be rescheduled with no penalties and change fee. And the minute he is about to change and confirm, the phone call took us to provide feedback!! (Really frustrating). And again I called back and right now I have been on hold for the past 1 hour. All we are trying to do is change the return flight schedule. Every time, I think this is the lowest, Airindia surprises with the new lowest levels. Worst airline customer care ever!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Very poor services, delayed flight no sms or mail to intimate the delay, very poor on board services. Services have deteriorated compared to my experience in Dreamliner flight in 2019. No onboard entertainment available in spite of TV monitor and headset. No blankets made available, if asked for they provide used ones, that too during this pandemic season. Food on board is pathetic without serving any juice or tea.

Air India Company Information