3.7/5 (471 ratings)

About Air India

Air India Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: May 10, 2022

It seems that #Airindia is the airline of the medieval ages! They are not up to date with the latest rules and policies applicable internationally and the incident that happened with me just proves this fact. My husband and I were traveling from Delhi to Dubai AI 915 on 8th May and we both have valid UAE Residence Visas. Since my husband had a renewed passport his residence visa was stamped on the older passport and his new passport was attached along with it.

The heights of frustration and stupidity arose when the Air India staff at the check in counter did not issue a boarding pass to my husband as the visa is stamped on the older passport and not the new one (note he was carrying both his passports). They wanted us to get the GDRFA Approval from the Dubai Government. This approval has long been cancelled and is not required anymore. Even after a lot of reasoning and arguments they refused to issue the boarding pass. In the meantime I enquired with other airlines as well but none of them said that this approval is required (Even Emirates Airlines). Even though #AirIndia has issued my boarding pass they did not let my luggage go through. I had to shout and argue my way through to get it checked in. The lady at the counter Ms. Vandana was giving all sorts of excuses and was not at all cooperative.

Finally, I had to pay huge amount to book another flight instantly for my husband (where his travel was hassle free). Since, I have written so much I also need to add that the Air India in flight AC which I was traveling in wasn’t working, the tables were not there on the seats, the entertainment system was broken (mind you it was a full flight) and I wouldn’t want to waste my energy on the service! It is fair to say that they should not be flying and no wonder the airline was in loss and might prove to be a loss making investment for the TATAs. As obvious you can’t expect Ratan Tata to bail you always! Although I support Tata as an Indian but I felt sad to be travelling in their flight.

Original review: April 24, 2022

AirIndia has been harassing us and trying to steal 10000 USD from our fully refundable ticket. We cancelled (fully refundable ticket) in December 2021 well before the departure and has been calling ever since for the refund. We filled out all the required forms multiple times, emailed, called and talked to the refund escalation department many times. They always assured the money will be refunded in 21 days and that never happened. Every time we called it felt like we are in square zero again. Looks like they want us to give up and steal our 10 thousand US dollars. Never trust them for refund in case you cancel (refundable) ticket. No other airlines in the World has harassed us like this. They seem to be either inept or fraudulent.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2022

AI 301 was grounded at Sydney airport on 13 April and the airline took 7 hours keeping customers waiting without clear information and organize accommodation.

Airlines says that there is a replacement flight on 14 April, however given the horrific experience we have to wait and see.

Original review: April 7, 2022

The Flight from JFK to Del is 14 hrs long flight and they are not providing enough food. Whatever less food they provided, it was uncooked. 60% of the TV was not working and when you ask they show anger. They were out of clean blankets and when asked they say we have only used blankets. Similar services they are providing in Business class too....Can't imagine such a worst service. I would recommend to not to travel with Air India even if they provide free tickets...

Original review: March 22, 2022

Our flight was cancelled at 12:30 when all customers were waiting for boarding which is unacceptable and alternative flight was Also not arranged which is completely zero tolerance.. Refund is not the solution for this as we have value for our time. And alternative should have been kept in case of technical issues.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I had travelled many times on this airline and most of the time experiences had been negative. Only reason to travel through this Airline again had been, if someone with had booked his ticket before mine. I booked two tickets last year to travel to India in business class, however due to COVID surge and US GOV advisory/CDC recommendations; had to cancel the travel. Air India, refused to acknowledge COVID pandemic and charged the penalty of >600 dollars. I have not received my remaining balance yet!!!.

The staff does not want to help the customers at all and are the most uncourteous people, who don’t have any sense of customer service. I don't know if they don’t have software to help the customers (That case it’s a disgrace and would be not an acceptable explanation to a software proficient country) or they simply don’t want to help at all. I am hoping that the new owner TATA Group, retrains all their existing employees or hire new ones who are willing to serve customers. Thanks.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I am horrified! I've never been treated so badly in my entire life! I showed up for my flight 3 hours early. When I went to check in, I was asked if I had filled out the Air Suvidha form. I had not, as I had not been notified by Air India that this form was required, and I looked all over their website and found no mention of this form. I have been to India 4 times before and knew to have all my pertinent documents with me, which I did, but nobody told me I had to upload them to a special website. Filling out the form was impossible to do on a cell phone, I couldn't get the documents to be small enough, so the form kept being rejected. There was nobody there helping all the people who had not filled out the form because none of them were notified in advance.

There were a half dozen of us that were not permitted to check in because we were unable to complete the form on our cell phones, among those turned away were an elderly couple and a young couple with an infant baby. This is totally unconscionable! The couple with the infant baby asked if they could at least be compensated with a hotel room, and the heartless Air India employee behind the counter said, "Sorry there is nothing we can do for you." Then to add insult to injury, when trying to rebook the flight, Air India is charging a $300 no show fee. This airline doesn't care in the least about customer service. I will never book a flight with Air India again. Do yourself a favor and book with a different airline.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Due to manual handling VIP polycarbonate trolley bag broken in a very bad manner. Complained at the arrival but don't know how soon the action will be taken on this. I should think twice before choosing Air India flights hereafter.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I will not recommend Air India to anyone, customer service is terrible (bad attitudes), takes forever to get anything done, the airplane itself is terrible, the seats are taped where there is holes on the armrest, seats are not comfortable, and are all stained, bathroom smells like public bathroom, audio and video did not work on many seats (the airplane was empty so I moved to deferent seats since I had a long flight, mine was not working, if the video worked the audio did not). The airline flight staff was polite, no complaint about them.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I came to India by this flight.. I did not receive my luggage and many more person did not receive their luggage.. They only say to fill the form you will receive your luggage at your home.. How they can be so irresponsible. How they will send each luggage to every person.. And how much time will they take it for.. They will send or not?? Worst flight ever.

Air India Company Information