1.15/5

251 Air India Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

My flight was to depart at 5am in the morning and I reached the airport at 3.50. I was there in the queue for the boarding pass. NO final call or announcement was made. I needed to fly in emergency. I went from one desk to another but none of them did anything even when it was only 4.15am. They only asked me to book another flight. Staff was very unsupported even when I reached on time. I had to book a very costly ticket of GoAir after that. I won’t recommend Air India ever to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am Australian. I was traveling from Indore to Dharamshala and had booked flight from Indore to Delhi and Delhi to Dharamshala (Air India). I pre booked in advance to avoid any issues as I had to reach Mcleodganj at 1 pm. Flight was supposed to be scheduled at 6.30 but then delayed by 4 hrs and there we are sitting at airport. It is 11 am and the ground staff are not helping. I called customer support as mentioned and spoke to a girl called Jayanti where she said she cannot register a complaint. Who is going to compensate for my time and money I have spent and if my commitments are getting delayed.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I bought 3 tickets on the mobile app. All seem fine then the money went off my card but received a message that the ticket was not successful. After calling to India at a massive expense I was told, "Sorry the tickets were canceled." I have to make a booking online rather than application but how can I do this? The money was already taken from me. No one that can speak on the phone was willing to help. They said email and they will refund but it will take 10-15 day? WTF!!! This is totally and utterly ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The flight was the worst I’ve ever traveled in. The airline has resorted to extortion of their customers now. Due to their internal misconduct, I was charged an extra 20,000 rupees at the airport. I followed exactly what the customer service told me and I got charged an extra 20,000 for no reason whatsoever. I am extremely disappointed as a consumer and I know for a fact that I’d rather pay more for another flight but I will not be traveling in Air India again. The Air India officials are extremely rude and do not know how to speak with their customers. The flight was the most unpleasant experience I have ever had.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Their extremely dysfunctional website would not take ANY payment. My credit card company showed no attempt at payment, though they claimed it was on my end. No e-ticket or confirmation, yet saw a charge show up on my card!! Further emails, phone calls (from USA to India, etc), still after 5 days, no ticket. Then they "cancelled" my non-confirmed, non-existent ticket and still CHARGED MY CARD! Big hassle now to dispute and reverse this theft. Some interesting games going on here. Never, ever will go near Air India!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Airline confirmation # ** flight from IAD Aug 31st UA 1972 delayed. Missed my connection UA 48 EWR to Mumbai. Denied hotel accommodation expenses, had to spend $115 dollars plus taxi and food expenses $50. Was booked on AI 144 2.15 p.m. for Sept 1st. Had a lot of hassle because the person didn't do a good job. Had to go United counter 3 times because AI denied they had seats. Said it was booked and voided. Visited United baggage dept twice to make sure they reroute the baggage to AI and was assured that it would be.

Finally landed in Mumbai after 2 hours. Came to know baggage was not transferred and was delayed. Since no baggage and was allowed only one bag by United all my clothing, hair products and medicines in my delayed bag. Had to spend money on Undergarments $50, Hair products $60. Collected bag by my cousin and was brought to Pune from Mumbai. Taxi expenses $80. I am requesting Air India to please do a goodwill gesture and reimburse my expenses. $250 @ 2 days delay about $500 or my Actual expenses of $355. Hope Air India will not disappoint me. I have made several calls back and forth to United and Air India. They keeping pushing to different numbers. I request to please act professionally and take the responsibility and resolve the issue. United says that Air India is their Star Airline and final carrier to the destination Mumbai.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We had booked tickets for our parents from Del to SFO. Our parents are not ambulatory. In fact father had a major heart surgery 2 years back. So we booked special seats for additional $108. On the day of travel Air India did not provide the seats for which we had paid. In fact, even though our parents raised their concern the lady at the counter conveniently declined saying that "all the seats are the same"! Even though we paid for the special seats, they were given general economy seats. To add more to it, they were given seats which were not next to each other. i.e. for the next 16 hrs they were not sitting next to each other. P.S. it would have been ok if the seats were given to someone with medical conditions etc. But nope that was not the case!

Next, we followed up with the customer service. Apparently, the customer service could not do anything and had to reach out to create a case to investigate! They have been investigating "their lack of service" since the last 3 months! We have repeatedly followed up and most of the time the response is "The case is being investigated"! Now they have even stopped responding!! Now we are out $108, have wasted immense amount of our time following up, and feel harassed in the entire process. Had we known such service; we would have definitely avoided this carrier. Currently, we are re-thinking our next steps. We hoped that being a well-known carrier Air India will try to maintain some dignity in at least trying to resolve the case! But that is not the case. As the next step, we are looking for legal representation.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I traveled from Amritsar to Delhi using Vistara (at 15:25 hr). I clarified this with two AI staff (AI check-in & AI office) prior to boarding Vistara. ATQ AI staff did NOT inform me about no show charges ($550.69) that I had to pay later at Delhi Airport to board flight to Washington D.C. If same was communicated to me at Amritsar Airport I could have boarded AI flight at 19:00 hr instead of Vistara at 15:25 hr. Please clarify your stand on this issue as I am considering to seek consumer court. I submitted my feedback/complaint Sept 5th, 2018 to AI airline, however this request was closed on Sep 17th, 2018 without any communication to me.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Dear Air India, I was flying from BOM to MAA on the 16th September on flight AI094 at 7pm and after I received and opened my Vegetable salad, there was a WORM in my tomato. I have a picture of the same incident.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Flood affected Kochi airport. Was closed until 29th of Aug. (The airport did a great job of announcing the closure and reopen dates unlike Air India.) I called Air India several times to confirm my flight for 30th of Aug from Kochi to Delhi and Delhi to Washington D.C. but no one knew anything and all I was told was that they are rerouting all passengers. I was reissued ticket with multiple layovers for Sept. 4 from a different airport.

Now that Kochi airport is open on schedule and seats are available, they will not provide tickets from Kochi airport. I begged and pleaded because I was traveling with a child and it's long journey from Kerala to Washington D.C., but they stuck me with the most inconvenient flights with 3 long layovers! Depraved Air India is asking for money to cover its incompetence! Screwing flood affected passengers and then trying to make a quick buck. No way. I'd rather donate to the needy flood victims, some of whom have lost everything. Good job, Air India. This is the best way to treat flood-affected passengers because they haven't suffered enough.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I am a Keralite settled in US and was in Kerala during the floods and worked as a volunteer collecting essential materials for relief camps. My return flight to US had to be rescheduled from Kochi-Bombay-Newark to Coimbatore-Delhi-Newark as Kochi airport was closed. Air India charged $760 for the rescheduling even though my wife explained the situation. There was more than 24 hrs stop-over in the at Delhi so I requested Air India customer care that I will check in at Delhi and take another flight to Delhi on my own expenses so that I can spend time in Kochi working in relief efforts rather than waiting in Delhi for a day for my connection flight. Air India customer care said that is possible and there is no additional charge.

When I reached Delhi on Aug 24th, Air India Delhi ticketing office said I need to pay another $300 to check-in from Delhi. So, I paid a total of $1060 additional. I would have happily donated that money to flood victims rather than paying Air India. There were a number of people in Delhi going through the similar situation. I was very surprised and upset about the behavior from our own airline where other international careers were more lenient in this situation.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I generally prefer private airlines like Jet Airways or IndiGo or even SpiceJet while travelling through air. But due to LTC compulsion being a central govt. employee, I traveled with Air India on Aug 10 (outward Mumbai-Kolkata AI675) and on Aug 19 (Return Kolkata-Mumbai AI676). Since I was travelling with my wife and two sons aged 7 years and 1 year, it was utmost important for us to get our seats together on a single row for the sake of convenience. For the outward flight, while booking I selected seat nos. 23ABC whereas for the returned flight my selection was seat nos. 15ABC, as printed on my e-ticket. There was no warning at Air India website stating that these pre-selected seats are subjected to change without notification to passengers and nor it was mentioned that prior web check-in was mandatory for confirmation of the selected seats.

After reaching Mumbai airport for outward journey we were shocked and surprised to get ourselves dispersed at different rows 22A, 23F and 26D! When I asked why we were reallocated without intimation and violating our prior seat selection, the boarding counter staffs rudely replied that we must web check-in 48 hours prior to departure to get our preferred seats! Feeling arguing with them as waste of time we proceeded to board in and it is our good luck that due to benevolence of kind co-passengers, we could finally seat together at row 22ABC, but we did not receive any cooperation from the cabin crews as well despite repeated request.

For the return flight I was careful and tried to web check-in before 45 hours of the scheduled departure of the flight. But surprisingly found ourselves again dispersed at rows 4, 26 and 29! There was no option at the web check-in portal for me to make changes to the system generated random seat allocation and finally I had to give a ring to the Air India call centre requesting repeatedly to reallocate us together in a single row. The attending person was quite reluctant to execute my request quoting lame excuses that all seats are allocated, nothing can be changed etc., etc. and finally upon my importunity she allocated us at row nos. 30 ABC --- observe my downgrade from 13 to 30!

Ultimately we had to keep ourselves happy with her verbal assurance and no confirmation email was made reflecting the change. My advice to all friends is that always avoid Air India especially while travelling with family. There is glitch in their system about seat allocation and many people suffer due to this for their staffs' uncooperative attitude in this regard.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I'll try to be brief. July 26 2018 I was scheduled to fly from Dharamshala to Delhi via Air India, and then catch a flight to Egypt through another airline. We waited for the delayed flight, were loaded onto the plane, and then removed and made to wait for hours. After hours of waiting we learned the flight was canceled. I had arrived that morning, and was forced to stay until 8pm because they would not help me or give me any info. Finally, after spending the day waiting, they told me to come back in the morning and they'd help once I got to Delhi. They assured me they'd called the next airline to alert them I had been grounded. They arranged transportation for me the next morning- which arrived 25 minutes late.

July 27th, the flight was delayed (although passengers were never communicated with regarding the status of the flight). When I finally got a flight to Delhi, I landed to discover they had put all our luggage on another plane and it would not arrive for hours- it arrived that evening. In the meantime, they provided me with a paragraph stating they had grounded my flight to present to the other airline, who laughed and asked what the letter was. Every representative I spoke with stated the letter was worth nothing, and Air India never contacted them as they had said, and were supposed to book me an onward flight. I was stranded at the Delhi airport in a wheelchair all day.

The real kicker came when they took the wheelchair away and said they'd bring another shortly. They never did. Because of my condition I could only walk short distances. After waiting for them to bring another for who knows how long, I told the desk I needed a wheelchair and needed to go to the washroom which was a 10-15 minute walk downstairs. They told me to wait. This happened four times. After waiting another half hour, I could not wait any longer, and asked once more for a wheelchair right away. When they said I had to keep waiting (all the while there was a large group of men with wheelchairs waiting in the same room) I was forced to walk myself.

I returned perhaps 30 minutes later shaking violently, on the verge of calling an ambulance, and was provided with a wheelchair once I started to pass out at their desk, sobbing and unable to catch my breath. They refused to arrange a flight for me to Egypt, where I had friends waiting who could help me. That evening after I started to collapse in front of them, they finally offered me a hotel for the night- as a single woman, stranded alone in Delhi, who already experienced the unreliable care they'd provided. And still the next day, I'd have to pay for a brand new flight. There was never any mention of transportation or meals of course.

After the cancellations, delays, dishonesty, and being stranded in Delhi while denied a wheelchair, I finally was forced to pay another $500-$600 beyond the money I lost for the flight they caused me to miss and had refused to replace. As soon as I finally got my luggage back, I got on a new airline, booked a flight to Egypt, and got the heck out of there. Air India has since emailed me, apologizing for the "inconvenience" while also denying that the wheelchair had been taken from me and I was left alone unable to reach a washroom while being ignored by their staff. If you need wheelchair assistance, or have any health issues whatsoever, DO NOT fly with Air India. You will not receive help in an emergency, you will be kept waiting for hours, and they absolutely will take advantage of you. I've been traveling for years, and this was the worse flight experience I have ever had.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Hi, I am traveling from Hyderabad to Jamnagar on 1st Aug 2018. My luggage was damaged and bag was torned. Flight was dirty from Bombay to Jamnagar. All food particles on the seat and on the seat belt. It was very uneasy to sit on the seat. Thank you.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I was traveling to Hyderabad from Chicago on Air India flight. The entire travel experience was a nightmare. I had called 2-3 months prior to my travel date and got seat assignments. However when I reached the airport I was given a different seat. Ticket agent was rude and told me, "This is what you get. Not sure what happened to your seat," and the that the flight was full and I had to travel in the assigned seat. This was just the beginning of what was the most horrible and unsafe experience. The seat assigned to me was damaged, and the backrest was permanently in a semi-reclined position. The seats in front of me were broken. Entertainment system was completely broken and was not functional. I had asked the air hostess to help but they could not. One of them confided that the flight had this issue and was not fixed in Chicago on arrival.

I have been traveling Air India for many years, in the 90's they were bad, got better in early 2000 but now they are back to being the worst of the worst. Their employees are least motivated, they fly aircrafts that probably are not per safety standards (Permanently reclined seats even during takeoff and landing not sure if these will pass safety regulations). When it come to pricing they are not cheaper. In fact higher at time than others. I always had a soft corner for Air India because it is an airline of my country, however after my latest experience I decided that enough is enough.

I will never travel in Air India again. All Indians in USA and other countries should start boycotting this airline, this is the only way they will come to their senses. We use Air India at times to bring our parents, but my experience is that other airlines take better care of the elderly than Air India. I have seen Air India agents yelling at older people. This airline's right place is in history books as a failed experiment and a lesson to future airlines that they need to put customer satisfaction, and safety first. I am adding images broken seat backs.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My sister came from the Toronto on 05 July, when she changed the domestic flight from Mumbai to Ahmedabad, Mumbai boarding counter (Name of the person is "DATTA") gave her the boarding pass and not given baggage pass as saying "it's stick on your baggage and your baggage would be reach Ahmedabad with you". But when she arrived on Ahmedabad Airport baggage were not came with the flight. She tried to made complaint but Air India staff gave her the mobile number for further inquiry. Till the date no one able to give the location of the baggages. Air India staff intensively steal the baggages by not giving the luggage pass and I recommended to set inquiry on the Datta who MIS-handle the Air India boarding counter for steals passengers' luggages.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Dubai to Chennai AIR INDIA scheduled to depart at 11:30 PM UAE time (3rd July 2018), check in and other stuff everything completed by 10:30 PM. Flight did not even start till 7:30 in the next morning, yet to get the final timings from AIR INDIA team. Because of school vacations starting, most passengers are comprise of kids, infants. AI team has not even updated passengers about the delay though they are aware of the delay during check in process time.

During this delay of more than 8 hours 30 minutes so far, all the passengers are stranded in Dubai airport with kids crying and deprived of energy level because of sleepless night. In spite of all these, team has not even taken any action to provide at least a proper place for their sleep. This is our consecutive second similar problem with Air India flight. Please respective authorities if you cannot manage please stop airlines, instead of troubling many customers with lack of transparency, support and ill treatment.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Flight from Hyderabad to Belfast City via Delhi and Birmingham dated 30 Jun 2018. Air India offered the worst possible service on the return flight. It all started when airline agent didn't check the baggage through to the final destination and I had to pick up the entire lot (6 bags) plus 2 hand luggage, baby changing bag and the laptop bag also while handling a toddler. Add to that the flight was delayed by 2.5 hours from Delhi to Birmingham and the onward flight from Birmingham to Belfast missed. Had to wait for several hours before some lady with half information and no patience booked a hotel for us to stay overnight and booked the next flight at 18.45 next day (even when there were 3 other flights from the same airline available at earlier times).

Add to this, we were kicked out of the hotel by 12:00 forcing us to go to the airport 7 hours earlier and spend time with a toddler till the flight came. Flight was delayed by 25 min... (fortunately it didn't get cancelled) and we reached our destination 24 hours later than planned. Worst airline, worst service and absolute indifference from the staff.

Original review: June 28, 2018

On 14th of June, 2018, I was traveling from Mumbai to Newark USA. My Flight number was AI 191 and the time was 1:30 AM. On June 13, at 10:30 PM, due to my health problems, I have upgraded my seat to first class. My seat number was A1 but unfortunately, I was the last person to board because flight was full and they asked me to wait. After boarding, the in charge for food, came to me and said, "Since you are the only passenger in first class I will not be able to give you first class meal." What can I say? I did not say anything. It just hurt, after spending so much money you don't get the proper service. Since I came to USA, I have been communicating with customer care in charge in Mumbai but she said, "We will get back to you when the investigation is done." For the proof, I sent her my electronic ticket copy along with a boarding pass but so far there is no respond from her. Finally I gave up and decided not fly again by Air India.

Original review: May 30, 2018

One of the worst airlines is Air India. I booked my mother's ticket through OneTravel.com. Her flight was from Amritsar to New Delhi departing Amritsar 7:10 pm arriving New Delhi 8:10 pm then departing New Delhi 3:30 am to SFO. She traveled to New Delhi via taxi and got to the Delhi airport at the same time her domestic flight would have arrived. Air India charged her another $650 because as per their staff they have to re-route the flight for her in Air India database. If a passenger does not take a domestic filght they automatically cancel the international flight regardless of passenger showing up on time. They will tell you that Air India staff is trying to help you get on the flight by paying charging more money.

I called OneTravel.Com customer support who connected me with Air India customer service representative to insist that it is Air India policy that if you miss the domestic flight to New Delhi and show up for your international flight you have to pay as much as they ask you to pay for your to be able to fly. I am writing this review as my mother boards the flight.

Please do not book your ticket with Air India if infants or young children are traveling with you. Absolutely do not book your parent's ticket because this airline will find reason to harass like similar to what my mother experienced. After speaking with a few friends who have taken this flight I found out that they experienced that plane was filthy and crew was unprofessional. They also raised a safety concern about flight maintenance not being as good as flight maintenance standards maintained by us and European airlines. It is certainly last flight that I booked for my family member. Will never book a flight with Air India again.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Complain about flights: AI 0144 (Newark to Mumbai) and AI 0607 (Mumbai to Bengaluru). We had booked ticket 5 months in advance and had done seat selection. Seat got changed at the time of Web Check-In for both the flights. ** From other reviews, this looks like normal practice from AIR INDIA. SUGGESTIONS: Make your website's web-services (booking and web checking) communicate with each other to keep the traveler seat selection. Please remove "India" from your airline name.

Original review: May 6, 2018

AIR INDIA - The airline which is constantly bombarded by passengers with negativity. But, my friends - As a father of 9 year old daughter who decided to trust his Daughter's first solo flight, all the way from Chennai to Paris via Delhi, I would say - The Airline is awesome. The ground crew (Gayathri & Bhavani to name a few) were highly supportive, caring and friendly and made my daughter to feel the airport a place to be relaxed and enjoy. They are excellent in handling UNACCOMPANIED MINOR. When my wife asked my daughter about her inflight experience - she narrated the entire experience in one line "Mom - they took care of me, better than you". The final verdict - for an unaccompanied minor, I will trust Air India for sure. Thank you Air India - you guys made my daughter's maiden solo journey memorable. Love you folks - be proud.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I have booked bassinet seat 2 months in advance for my wife & 1 year old son who are travelling from Chicago to Delhi. When I went to do the web check-in, a different middle seat was allocated to my wife & Air India staffs are not assigning back the bassinet seat. They took-off the bassinet seat without informing us and customer service agent is saying it's not Air India's responsibility to inform customers when seats changes. It's automatically done by system and they can't help. I have to go to airport counter to get the bassinet seat. What if the bassinet seats are all booked by then? Why did my seat was taken off in the first place, that too without informing me? Why would anyone book the seats in advance?

Original review: March 30, 2018

Very terrible airline!! I will never travel with them again. Cancelled my transfer without informing me and then tried to put me on a flight that was 24 hours later. Due to this I missed the reasons for which I travelled to India (due to prayers for my late grandfather). They have been rude, unhelpful and have very poor customer service. The so called manager at Delhi airport walked away from me when I was talking to him!! No customer skills at all. I have put in a complaint and still have not even received acknowledgement from the department who are supposed to be dealing with this. NEVER FLYING WITH THEM AGAIN.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I Mr. ** from Lucknow, I booked two tickets from Lucknow to Bhopal in Air India flight, flight depart before time the timing was 4 pm on 28-03-2018, flight depart from Lucknow before time depart time were 4 pm but flight depart before time and we don't get any information from Air India of before depart. We are very upset from Air India team. They are very unprofessional person. They are not ready to help us out. They argue with us instead of helping us. I file a complaint against Lucknow Air India team. Kindly please refund my amount as soon as possible. Otherwise I will go to court, the ticket no. is ** Mr. Sanjeev **. Hope for satisfying solution from your side.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I generally travel by Emirates or Qatar but unfortunately needed to book Air India to travel from Washington DC to Delhi. Before traveling I heard mixed reviews about this flight. This will be my first and last flight with Air India. I traveled alone with my 2 yr old and had a hard time with the flight, not with the kid. There is no proper greetings or service. The restroom was so unclean and horrible. The screens are not working. Many people got bored without entertainment. I'll never and ever will travel with this airlines. Don't recommend Air India to anybody. I would have given 0 stars to this, not even 1 star.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Major security flaw at Air India, Pune airport. While flying from AI814 on 9th March from Pune to Chandigarh. Air India issued me boarding pass of some other passenger as "Vaishali **" and I boarded the flight with same boarding pass and no one checked.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I traveled on February 27th from Newark to Hyderabad via Mumbai. The headphones don't work the screen was broken, none of the buttons would work. The flight attendant's response was "let me reboot the system!" which seemed like a generic response that they are conditioned to say every time people complain about screens. Of course nothing happened and I had to travel 16 hours with a broken seat and no entertainment. In fact more than half of the screens were not working. Utmost disgusting cabin and restrooms. The toilets were so dirty. Absolutely unusable. I understand that the passengers are responsible for the mess but the crew didn't take any effort to stop or clean it up. After reaching Mumbai I checked out my baggage at the Mumbai International Airport and erroneously picked up a suitcase which had same color and brand as mine and checked out of immigration.

I checked in my baggage again for Hyderabad. The existing tag was removed by the officials and another tag for Hyderabad was affixed to it. This particular baggage's tag was only till Mumbai as the owner of this bag traveled only till Mumbai (I came to know later). I don't know how they removed the tag of Mumbai and put the Hyderabad tag on it. After reaching home at about 11 PM, I saw the bag and tried to open to check the contents. It had a small lock and I twisted and it was opened. I realized that the bag did not belong to me as the contents were not mine. I searched the bag to see if we can find some contact information of the person to whom it belongs to, so that we could get in touch and exchange the bag. Unfortunately there was no information.

The next day I immediately contacted the Air India Hyderabad and informed all the incident and asked them the process of how to return the baggage and how to get my baggage. They took all my details and gave a on hand file number. They never gave me a complaint number. In the meantime the Bombay AI people reached out to me and asked me to hand over the baggage to AI Hyderabad and after they receive the baggage then only will they release my baggage. The next day I went to the Hyderabad AI Office and handed over the baggage to one Mr. ** of the AI office. They did not give me any receipt for receiving the baggage. After that I have been continuously trying to get my baggage but there is no response from AI. They only work from 10 to 5 Monday to Friday.

When I handed the baggage on Friday morning they could have sent my baggage to Hyderabad by evening flight, but they did not. After that it was a weekend and you don't get a response. March 5, I got a call from Ms. Asha ** of Mumbai AI office and she informed me that the owner of the bag has made a complaint with the Mumbai Police that certain material from the bag was missing and they cannot return the bag till the investigation is complete. I have been continuously under stress and frantically trying to reach the baggage department to send my baggage. I had to spend the whole week without my basic necessary clothing as the Mumbai AI were holding my baggage. I had to buy my whole wardrobe. When I inquired with them they said it was with the customs and it has to be cleared by them. One of the manager of AI spoke to me on 6th March and told that I could collect the bag while I am returning.

I was returning back on March 6th from Hyderabad to Newark via Mumbai. I reached AI office Mumbai by 7 PM and requested them to release my bag as I will then check in for Newark. Then they started giving me all excuses and told me that the other customer has given a police complaint and they cannot release my bag. They detained me for more than three hours asking me all the questions which they already knew. For everything they had to speak to some superior officer.

They also forced me to speak the other owner and to request him to withdraw the police complaint. That owner was really angry for mishandling his baggage which he says was given to him in a broken condition, I had informed him that I had given the bag at the AI Hyderabad office in a good condition with all the material intact. After three hours also when they refused to give my baggage I requested them to give my clothes which were my basic essentials but they vehemently refused after speaking to Ms. **. Ms. ** was very rude and said all this started because I took the bag, she was trying to put all the blame on me.

They have not released my bag till date and they have retained my basic necessary clothing and the whole one week I was in Hyderabad I was under lot of stress as trying to reach them continuously without any response. The return flight was also similar experience. This experience has made me vow never to fly with this airline and never to recommend anyone to fly Air India again, until they get privatized.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Before booking the ticket, I checked past week departure history of the flight using Air India website. The website showed departed on time which made me book the flight. While entering the airport, a security guard informed that the flight is not flying from weeks due to bad weather conditions during that season. I was shocked and worried since I needed to board an international flight from Delhi. Well, I inquired from Air India staff about today's flight status and got a diplomatic answer saying uncertainty in flying. The flight was delayed by 1 hour approximately.

After landing Delhi airport, I checked the status of the same flight online. Surprisingly, it was not updated and showing that departure and arrival are scheduled on time. The web-based flight status service was showing incorrect information again and created huge trouble for me. Not to mention that the behavior of Air India staff at inquiry room is completely unacceptable. Also, Air India did not inform me in advance about the flight status via email or SMS. In conclusion, I would definitely not recommend Air India to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

My office had booked a flight ticket for official work from Chennai to Bhopal (connecting flight via Mumbai) on 30th Jan 2018. I reached Chennai airport around 8.30PM and my flight departure is 9.35PM. As I met with an road accident around 8.10PM nearby airport still I manage and reached airport one hour before departure. Once I check in at Domestic Airport gate I came to realize that I need to go to international gate. It is more than 500 meters difference from Domestic airport gate, and I ask for help from Air India staff, they help in their way, ask me to ran fast to reach to get my flight. And also I managed and reached the gate at 8.40PM.

As the CISF policeman understand my situation, clear me to check in. Once I saw the Air India check in counter is empty. I went to Air India support staff room and explained my situation. They are not at all ready to help a little. It is a Rs.7697 ticket fare I request them at least cancel my ticket or reroute me, there also Air India strikes, ask me to use the second half ticket (from Mumbai to Bhopal), they guide me to go to IndiGo and book a ticket from Chennai to Mumbai. (Whether Air India had tied up with IndiGo???)

No other way for me. I again ran from International gate to domestic gate, There I check with IndiGo people, the ticket fare from Chennai to Mumbai is around Rs.8000. Lot of stress, pain and also lost my name in my office, because am not able to reach Bhopal at time, once I informed my office, they cancel the ticket but zero refund due to their travel policy. I strongly recommend to all, please not to take a Air India as your airway at any circumstances.

Air India Company Information