2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.71/5

Air India Reviews

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I flew by Air India grim Delhi to Jaipur, Jaipur to Aurangabad via Delhi, Aurangabad to Delhi, Dehradun to Delhi, and Delhi to Chennai round trip. No delays, no cancellations, and perfectly on time. Clean takeoffs and landings. Professional crew that did a great job. Very decent food. From gate to gate, absolutely no problem. Saw quite a few improvements. Planes could be maintained a little better.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Last 3 decades am using various airlines from Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, now Saudi. My recent experience with Air India is unforgettable. Start with the check-in counter staff service. They are very professional. One is fully satisfied, easy, calm they master in handling any passengers. make them contented go with a smile. The in flight catering the dinner was served Mumbai Chennai flight, I was so hungry waiting when meals will be served, in no time the flight took off it was served. The meal was unforgettable well balanced vegetarian meal. Am proud of Air India. You are far better than any airlines I have experienced. Your baggage allowance comes 1st then your meals served 10/10 score. Thank you keep the same service enough. We are happy comfortable to fly Air India.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Air India had a very long call waiting for last several months getting worse, but very recently they have improved dramatically. Seems like there is additional manpower assigned and lot of attention being given to this activity that had turned unfriendly. Also notice an improvement in their website booking services from former. Some improvements are visible. Hope one of the oldest airlines operating in the world turns around.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I went to the Air India office at Nariman point. Had a wonderful experience. A neat and a clean office with cordial and helpful staff. MS ** attended us and helped with all our issues like baggage issues, frequent flyer issues, cordially and quickly. I am really proud of the National airline.

Original review: March 30, 2019

As frequently travelling through various airlines it was very difficult to select one best airlines. Air India has not only improvised with the services but they have made the strongest presence in my mind and my selection, Traveling from Air Asia Buying ticket of 17,000 INR. Was not even asked for water. But Having regular experience with AIR INDIA is mind blowing and has forced me to write a thank you note to entire team of AIR India... Starting from Supervisor Desk Shweta to Flight Crew (name unrecognized) all time available for any sort of support. Cheers to Air India. Keep these services to kill other airlines...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Even though airline ticket mentioned no change for 2 checked baggages up to 23kgs, they still charged us 53,550 rupees at the airport. I made multiple calls regards to this issue with no resolution to the situation.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I flew with my 11-year-old son from DEL to LAX (via HKG, then NRT) on Dec 30, 2019, landing at LAX on Dec 31st. We flew Business class and while we were checking in our luggage, we were erroneously charged extra. The Air India ticketing agent in DEL insisted that as per United Airlines policy, only 1 check in bag is allowed per person, and we had 3 check-in items. All bags were under the 32 kg limit per bag, but they would not allow all 3 unless we paid for the 3rd bag. We argued with them for a bit, showed them the email confirmation from United when we booked the flight, but they would not listen.

I feel they took undue advantage of us, and insisted that we pay US$255/INR 17,830 to check the 3rd bag all the way from DEL to LAX (via HKG, & NRT). It was a terrible experience. Since I only had USD, I paid them US$255. Since then, for the last 3 weeks I have been trying to contact Air India via phone and email, trying to get them to refund my money, but now they are not responding.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Never ever book a flight with Air India. They have the worst customer service in the world. They customer service representatives do not have any idea about what information they are providing. They don't even know if the passengers have to get off the plane or stay inside when there is a layover. We spoke with Aditya and he told us to speak with the flight attendants regarding this. We booked a business class Chicago to Hyderabad and we get this type of customer service after paying thousands of dollars. This guy absolutely has no idea what he was talking about and when we asked him to transfer the call to a supervisor, he simply said supervisor is busy and when we insisted, he put the call on hold and after 20 minutes the call got disconnected. Really? This is how you guys train your employees? I will never book an Air India flight again in my life and I strongly do not recommend anybody else do it either.

We haven’t boarded the flight yet and the experience so far has been so pathetic. No wonder why everybody says do not book an Air India flight. I bet if you take out a survey and ask people about their experience with Air India, 9/10 people will recommend you to not to take Air India. The least you can do is to train your customer service representatives properly so that people will, at least, have something good to talk about your airlines. My ratings is 0/10, wish there was an option for a negative rating and I would have given the lowest negative ratings for Air India.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I have travelled from United States to India on 19 November 2019. One of my luggage was damaged by Air India staff. I have filed a complaint but they don’t give a any response on the damage of suitcase and any refund. I will guide to other people don’t take this flight. They have zero facilities. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Booked on Air India about 3 months back for a family vacation. The flight was at 10 am. Landed at the airport at 7:45 am to check on when were told that the flight has been over booked. Instead of requesting if we would've okay to accommodate a later flight, we were asked to wait in another queue. From 7:45 to 9:30 am we were waiting at the mercy of the staff without any update on what they are going to do to us. The manager didn't seem to care much and told us to that this is due to weather related where as the flight was on time and leaving at 10 am. Neither of the other airline flight to Delhi had any issues and they were leaving on time.

Finally they did what they planned and put us on the flight at 1:15 pm which made our lives miserable and all our plans of 3 months down the drain. 4hrs at the airport without any proper reasoning. How can a booked reservation be bumped off. If they cannot get another flight to accommodate overbooked passengers then they should have at least booked us on another airline at the same time. Completely irresponsible airline which takes their customer for granted.

Not sure about Air India?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Air India Company Information