2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Air India Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

As I boarded AI Flight 401 from Delhi to Kolkata on 8th Feb 2020, I realised that I had forgotten my coat in Plaza Lounge at T3. I contacted Ms **, who was helpful and rang up cabin crew in charge, Ms Neelam **. She was very helpful and contacted the ground staff, but there was very little time for the ground staff to retrieve it. Ms Neelam offered to have it flown by the next flight to Kolkata, which I declined, as I was returning next day. I was informed later by Ms Neelam that I could collect it from Lost and found Department, which I did not 9th Feb. Besides this, what was touching was when I explained to her that during the flight I was was a retired army general, and was headed to deliver a talk in a college, she even offered to arrange a jacket for me in Kolkata through her marathon running friends. My compliments to her and **. Thank you Air India.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I flew by Air India grim Delhi to Jaipur, Jaipur to Aurangabad via Delhi, Aurangabad to Delhi, Dehradun to Delhi, and Delhi to Chennai round trip. No delays, no cancellations, and perfectly on time. Clean takeoffs and landings. Professional crew that did a great job. Very decent food. From gate to gate, absolutely no problem. Saw quite a few improvements. Planes could be maintained a little better.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Last 3 decades am using various airlines from Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, now Saudi. My recent experience with Air India is unforgettable. Start with the check-in counter staff service. They are very professional. One is fully satisfied, easy, calm they master in handling any passengers. make them contented go with a smile. The in flight catering the dinner was served Mumbai Chennai flight, I was so hungry waiting when meals will be served, in no time the flight took off it was served. The meal was unforgettable well balanced vegetarian meal. Am proud of Air India. You are far better than any airlines I have experienced. Your baggage allowance comes 1st then your meals served 10/10 score. Thank you keep the same service enough. We are happy comfortable to fly Air India.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Air India had a very long call waiting for last several months getting worse, but very recently they have improved dramatically. Seems like there is additional manpower assigned and lot of attention being given to this activity that had turned unfriendly. Also notice an improvement in their website booking services from former. Some improvements are visible. Hope one of the oldest airlines operating in the world turns around.

Original review: April 9, 2020

This is the worst air line ever. Staff are rude and ignore requests. Planes are old and nothing works and dirty and broken - nothing is cleaned. Old tissues and rubbish is left when one boards. Constant flight delays without any notification. Will not give any compensation. Will not reply to emails or correspondence. DO NOT USE THIS AIRLINE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: April 4, 2020

I was in India on vacation from Canada and travel often with Air India and it’s star Alliance partners, therefore built a huge amount of frequent flyer points.. I wanted to fly domestic and so called flying returns to redeem my points for my domestic flight. I called flying returns from my local Indian telephone number, the representative refused to book my flight stating that I should be calling from my registered Canadian tel no on my account...

Please note that I had booked a flight earlier from my same Indian tel no and had no problem booking it but this time I had this horrible representative and then when I asked for a manager I was transferred to a manager Uzair who was even worse and continuously cited the reason they can’t book was because I wasn’t calling from my Canadian tel no, and how on earth can we book domestically from a foreign tel no was beyond me as I couldn’t make any local calls in India from a Canadian tel no as it’s too expensive to signup for that kind of service in Canada.

I was obviously very upset but he just refused to help and then had the audacity to block my local Indian tel no from calling the flying returns tel no. I tried to call back a few times hoping to get a more helpful representative but my tel no was blocked period...I then used a relative’s local tel no and lo and behold I got through, and every time I called, the representatives could not bring up my account for some reason and they kept saying someone would call me back, I called 3-4 times and every time the same response of them not being able to access my account and that I will receive a call back which I never did.

I eventually had to pay cash for my domestic flight, couldn’t of course redeem my points because Air India for some reason has given too much power to a manager who abused his authority to block my account and my local tel no so I couldn’t call them back just because I wasn’t calling from my registered Canadian tel no. I’m so shocked by this experience and I want to know if there is anyone out there who can help. It's unfair that a mean natured manager has so much power to abuse his authority!

Original review: March 27, 2020

I booked Air India flight for my parents for April 3rd 2020 from Delhi to NewYork. Due to Covid-19 flight is cancelled. Now I am asking for refund, they are deducting 15,000 per ticket for cancellation, Which is against the Aviation law in any country. Also, the other option the gave is to book flight of some other date in future, But I'll have to pay the price difference. They did PRICE GOUGING for flights on future dates, the prices are as high as 1 LAKH per ticket ($1395). I paid 67,000 ($920) for that earlier. So I'll have to pay 60, 000 more (extra) for the flight, Why? These companies especially Government owned enterprise should be helping people not cheating them and doing price gouging during these times.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I am trying to reschedule my parents return ticket from SFO - Delhi due to coronavirus. Their ticket is for March 30th and they are flexible on dates due to high price of Air India. But I was asked to 90000 rupees extra for the price difference. And as per customer care, this is the cheapest price for next 1-2 months. The price difference is more than any new tickets (2 tickets) from other Airlines. I don't know if Air India is helping passengers in this bad time or doing their business. Also if I cancel the ticket I will not get any refund!!!! since this is a used ticket???? I don't have a choice now. 90000 is too much for me.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Back in January 2020, I purchased from Air India three round trip tickets for my wife and two kids to travel to New Delhi from San Francisco and return. However due to the rapid spread of COVID 19 Coronavirus, the Indian government has canceled all incoming travel of foreign nationals until April 15th, 2020. Enclosed please see print out of press release of this announcement.

I have now reached to Air India customer service twice by email requesting a full refund due to the above mentioned reason. Enclosed please find copies of emails. However, I have not received any response from them so far. Furthermore, I spent two hours on hold on the phone to get to a customer service representative at Air India. Finally somebody came on the line and he said he can't issue me a refund w/o penalty. The only thing he could do for us is extend the travel to begin one month later. How do I know if this situation would be resolved in one month, I tried explaining to him. He simply hung up the phone. All other Airlines have voluntarily offered full refunds on bookings made during this time since majority of the country governments and health officials are advising against travel to avoid further spread of the Coronavirus. I am thoroughly disappointed in my dealings with Air India.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I booked flights for my family to Goa from Mumbai at the end of last year. For our holiday from Australia to India. These flights were booked in good faith. I have been physically unable to cancel my flight using the website, even though it acknowledges my booking and repeatedly tells me the information on my card is entered incorrectly. This is not the case. I have emailed every single email address listed within the site. I have called every number on the site. I have had my hotel in India call the site. No one answers the phone, no one has returned an email in the last ten days. I have sent 18 emails. To say I frustrated is beyond belief.

Air India have no right not allowing us to cancel a flight knowing that we cannot enter the country once we land. Due to their country's ruling. As is, we are unable to fly to India from Australia now. We are unable realistically to postpone our holiday within a six month window as we do not know how this virus will pan out. Our visa will no longer be valid and so we have paid hundreds of dollars for something we can never use. Why dont they just answer the phone and at least give us the option to rebook in the next 12 months, to have Indian visitor visa extended for 12 months and give us an opportunity to re-book in a reasonable time. As it is, I feel like I have been physically stolen from when I am at my most vulnerable. I will never book with Air India in the future and having visited Goa for 15 years- made some amazing friends along the way, I may never fly back there again after this. If I could give no stars I would.

Air India Company Information