3.8/5 (571 ratings)

About Air India

Air India Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

My flight from Chicago to Delhi was delayed by 3hours. They told us after we were already in flight that there’s technical difficulties. There was no drink or food provided during this time. Lot of seniors were traveling in the flight. I wonder what they might be going through. So total duration of the flight was for 17.5 hours. I got brush on my legs for sitting so long hours. You can even get a stroke for poor blood circulation from sitting so long hours. Seats were horrible, eating tray was broken. Service was pathetic. While coming back since it’s a long flight I booked seats next to exit with extra money. They changed my daughter’s seat without my approval to somewhere away from me with strangers. Also they mentioned they will refund my money which I’m still struggling to get a refund.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Travelled from Paris to Delhi on 3rd June 2022. Our flight got cancelled after waiting at runway for 5 hours and they left us in airport for 24 hours without food, water and accommodation. No boarding pass, further communication and follow up with us...we somehow managed to reach the gate on next day and reached Delhi. Our bags yet to come...it is been more than a month. I tried to reach their customer support by phone and email and they never respond. Sometimes they pick up phone (very rarely) and then say will get back to you...that's it.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I am really bugged to find the poor and unsupportive services of Air India. I was travelling along with my wife and 82 year old mother from Delhi to San Francisco on 15th June having confirmed seat 30c, 30d and 27d. On getting the boarding pass the seat nos we’re changed saying that some other passenger has paid for them. I compromised but then on entering the boarding gate again the seat nos were changed and still the same reason. The person concerned said that he cannot do anything and I can report to any person. Who can answer me now? Is any explanation available. I am now worried because I have return flight on 4th July and if same is repeated then it will be torture. Can the CEO air India do something. My Booking no **, tkt no **, **, booking reference **. My details ** email **.

Original review: June 15, 2022

We know that getting 2 - 3 hours early to the airport was our responsibility, but some reason we did not make it. We were at the airport half an hour before the booth close. The employees standing on the end of the line not let us get in to the line because we didn’t have the Air Suvidha form filled for whole family even though policy say you complete the form before boarding but anyway they sold our seats to standby people and they didn’t let us check in, they didn’t help us book next flight. When we called customer service they told us the airport employee put us as no show, first of all they said their system is down due to update, after hours of trying to call customer service They told us we have to call the third-party wherever we got the tickets from even though they didn’t have nothing to do with it.

We called again and employee told we have to pay the penalty and the new ticket. We tried to talk to the manager and he did not do anything and he told us somebody will call us back but it never happened and the manager wrote something in the system. All the customer service employees were lying to us saying, "Your coming back flight is confirmed." They will never told us the truth that in order to use return flight we would have to pay the penalty or get another ticket from them, we figure that out when we were returning and they wouldn’t let us check in because they were saying, "You have to buy a new ticket," but customer service we called hundred times they never told us that. According to customer service they even confirm our return flight and send us email of confirmation. When we trying to check in the employee told us, "Come later. Our services are not open yet," after they check our tickets.

Down the line another employee help us get check in and told us to go to ticket booth. They will help us, but they were no help. Basically they want us to buy brand new tickets for about 2000 dollars apiece. Moral of the story customer service did not guide us through the process and we 5 of us have to get new tickets for going and coming back to US. They kept our originally bought tickets and top of that they were selling us ridiculously high price tickets, we did not give them our business. Customer service is sucks, bunch of lies, they hang up on us so many times, we would never fly Air India again. We will ever never recommend this airline to anyone.

Original review: May 10, 2022

It seems that #Airindia is the airline of the medieval ages! They are not up to date with the latest rules and policies applicable internationally and the incident that happened with me just proves this fact. My husband and I were traveling from Delhi to Dubai AI 915 on 8th May and we both have valid UAE Residence Visas. Since my husband had a renewed passport his residence visa was stamped on the older passport and his new passport was attached along with it.

The heights of frustration and stupidity arose when the Air India staff at the check in counter did not issue a boarding pass to my husband as the visa is stamped on the older passport and not the new one (note he was carrying both his passports). They wanted us to get the GDRFA Approval from the Dubai Government. This approval has long been cancelled and is not required anymore. Even after a lot of reasoning and arguments they refused to issue the boarding pass. In the meantime I enquired with other airlines as well but none of them said that this approval is required (Even Emirates Airlines). Even though #AirIndia has issued my boarding pass they did not let my luggage go through. I had to shout and argue my way through to get it checked in. The lady at the counter Ms. Vandana was giving all sorts of excuses and was not at all cooperative.

Finally, I had to pay huge amount to book another flight instantly for my husband (where his travel was hassle free). Since, I have written so much I also need to add that the Air India in flight AC which I was traveling in wasn’t working, the tables were not there on the seats, the entertainment system was broken (mind you it was a full flight) and I wouldn’t want to waste my energy on the service! It is fair to say that they should not be flying and no wonder the airline was in loss and might prove to be a loss making investment for the TATAs. As obvious you can’t expect Ratan Tata to bail you always! Although I support Tata as an Indian but I felt sad to be travelling in their flight.

Original review: April 24, 2022

AirIndia has been harassing us and trying to steal 10000 USD from our fully refundable ticket. We cancelled (fully refundable ticket) in December 2021 well before the departure and has been calling ever since for the refund. We filled out all the required forms multiple times, emailed, called and talked to the refund escalation department many times. They always assured the money will be refunded in 21 days and that never happened. Every time we called it felt like we are in square zero again. Looks like they want us to give up and steal our 10 thousand US dollars. Never trust them for refund in case you cancel (refundable) ticket. No other airlines in the World has harassed us like this. They seem to be either inept or fraudulent.

Original review: April 13, 2022

AI 301 was grounded at Sydney airport on 13 April and the airline took 7 hours keeping customers waiting without clear information and organize accommodation.

Airlines says that there is a replacement flight on 14 April, however given the horrific experience we have to wait and see.

Original review: April 7, 2022

The Flight from JFK to Del is 14 hrs long flight and they are not providing enough food. Whatever less food they provided, it was uncooked. 60% of the TV was not working and when you ask they show anger. They were out of clean blankets and when asked they say we have only used blankets. Similar services they are providing in Business class too....Can't imagine such a worst service. I would recommend to not to travel with Air India even if they provide free tickets...

Original review: March 22, 2022

Our flight was cancelled at 12:30 when all customers were waiting for boarding which is unacceptable and alternative flight was Also not arranged which is completely zero tolerance.. Refund is not the solution for this as we have value for our time. And alternative should have been kept in case of technical issues.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I had travelled many times on this airline and most of the time experiences had been negative. Only reason to travel through this Airline again had been, if someone with had booked his ticket before mine. I booked two tickets last year to travel to India in business class, however due to COVID surge and US GOV advisory/CDC recommendations; had to cancel the travel. Air India, refused to acknowledge COVID pandemic and charged the penalty of >600 dollars. I have not received my remaining balance yet!!!.

The staff does not want to help the customers at all and are the most uncourteous people, who don’t have any sense of customer service. I don't know if they don’t have software to help the customers (That case it’s a disgrace and would be not an acceptable explanation to a software proficient country) or they simply don’t want to help at all. I am hoping that the new owner TATA Group, retrains all their existing employees or hire new ones who are willing to serve customers. Thanks.

Air India Company Information