3.7/5 (581 ratings)

About Air India

Air India Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air India?

Original review: March 11, 2022

I will not recommend Air India to anyone, customer service is terrible (bad attitudes), takes forever to get anything done, the airplane itself is terrible, the seats are taped where there is holes on the armrest, seats are not comfortable, and are all stained, bathroom smells like public bathroom, audio and video did not work on many seats (the airplane was empty so I moved to deferent seats since I had a long flight, mine was not working, if the video worked the audio did not). The airline flight staff was polite, no complaint about them.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I came to India by this flight.. I did not receive my luggage and many more person did not receive their luggage.. They only say to fill the form you will receive your luggage at your home.. How they can be so irresponsible. How they will send each luggage to every person.. And how much time will they take it for.. They will send or not?? Worst flight ever.

Original review: March 3, 2022

My wife's with my Infant, flight was delayed 5 hrs from the actual arrival time so the domestic connecting flight missed and next flight after 10 Hrs at the airport. No food and no proper accommodation were provided because of their mismanagement and my wife had to sit the whole night with luggage and our 8-month child at the Delhi airport bench. Complaint on the airline's website but after 1.5 months also no acknowledgment of their mistakes nor a simple reply back.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I cancelled my two tickets in Dec 2021 (Last year). Even after 60 days of cancellation, they are not yet refunded the money. Not only that, whenever customer care was contacted, they pick up after 30 to 40 miñ and will transfer call to another guy and these things goes on. All these things are happening due to lack of accountability and poor management.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Airline staff at airport is not available at counter & is missing even 1 hr before departure of flight. Due to which I didn’t manage to board the flight. No customer service available even after calling continuous for 10 hrs.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

Worst customer service, I was trying to reschedule an international flight. I made several calls to customer service in Delhi. Was put on hold for different times and finally the phone was hung up each time. More than 3 hours wasted. They had same agent using different name like: Bhagyashree, Needa, Satya, Rahul. The officials should seriously hear to the recordings. Horrible experience, I would not recommend to anyone, RIP OFF. I doubt if Tata taking over would do any good, people are corrupt and do not want to work.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

They are so stupid and there to steal money where possible. I bought ticket and due to covid test RT missing in pcr stupid employees denied it (agreed). But they denied boarding and reported no show. That was crappy part. Next day they actually cancelled all itinerary. Be aware of such scam airlines.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Have already spent 3 days - 10 cumulative hours to change my flight dates. The customer support says that they can't do anything and forward to their ticketing system. It keeps coming back to customer support-level1 guys. 20-40 mins to go to a customer support person, wait another 40 mins for ticketing department and back to CS. In 3 days the cost of ticket has increased by 30%, which I will have to shell extra, if ever I get connected with their ticketing system. Horrible system - words cannot describe. I am cursing myself for buying Air India ​tickets. What was I thinking?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I had booked a flexi flight because I was expecting changes to my planning due to covid. The website allowed me to change the flight once, but for the second time I had to call customer support because the website didn't allow it. In total I spent 5+ hours on the phone, having more than 10 calls in which the customer support hung up on me without reason every time. There's no way to change my flight or get my money back. It feels like they on purpose make you wait for an hour before they hang up because they are making money of these calls. I will never fly Air India ever again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

The customer service is so worse that I will suggest people please don't fly with Air India. I am trying to rescheduling my ticket with customer services, 1st we have to wait for 20 min on call to connect with them. After connecting to them they disconnect the call and said us that there is a server issue. So my suggestion is that please don't travel with Air India ever.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

This must be the height of corruption in an airline in an already corrupted nation! I had to transit through Delhi and was asked to do a repeat PCR in spite of already holding a negative PCR report from my first flight. By the time I got the test done in the airport filled up with angry passengers, I lost my connection. I approached the desk of Air India and was told there was a later flight and I need to pay 3000 INR to get into that flight. I arranged to pay but they asked to see the negative report of the new test.

When I brought the report I was told now the change fee had increased to 4500 rupees! In desperation, I agreed but was told they would only change the flight after I brought the luggage that was checked on the earlier flight. I ran and got my luggage and as expected the counter staff of Air India told me now the change fee had become 7000 rupees! It was nothing but the utmost lowest level of humanity and corruption which is rampant in India. I was desperate to reach my destination and paid it but I dread to even think the plight of those who were wailing at the counters since they did not have the means to pay. For that matter, this harassment and corruption is only directed at the fellow Indians and never to aliens whom they would not dare trouble.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Recently I had a very bad experience with Air india customer service. I want to share this with others who may be planning a trip with this airline. I came to New Delhi from a US airline and chose Air india (unfortunately) for my DEL to Bhopal travel. The economy class service was terrible and extremely poor, mask mandate was not in place, only few people were wearing masks and the flight attendants did not even care. So I upgraded to Business Class for my return flight from Bhopal to DEL and wanted to make schedule change. It took me three 70 minutes phone calls in futility to finally connect to the reservation office just to see that the call was dropped.

Finally I had to drive to an Air India office at the Bhopal airport to get my ticket changed. Wait! That was not easy either. It took the agent 1-/12 hours to make the change. You know why? Well, it was my fault that I upgraded to Business Class! That takes “ complicated” analysis to figure out the change fee and by the way “the net is very very slow and they also have to attend to other things while working on my rescheduling”. The change fee was Rs 3360!!

I hope and wish luck to Mr Ratan Tata who will have a challenge on his hand to get Air India turn into an airline which can compete with first class international carriers. By The way, it took me a total of only 5 minutes for rescheduling my business class ticket to USA and no change fee on my favorite US airline. I hope someone is listening to this in Air India to management (although I doubt it, that is what regulated enterprise management in India do, they do not care as they there is no consequence). But I hope the Tata Enterprises will fix this mess. Hope no one has to go through the experience I just did.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

No support to change flights or refunds. Worst service ever. Stealing your money. They offer no options or help, even when asked for assistance with upper level management. Same runaround. Do not book with them.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Never purchase any tickets with Air India airlines & put yourself in a worst situation to suffer. They cancel flights but they don't help to reschedule or cancel to refund. If you cancel they won't refund money. Baggage lost is not returned. Don't face loss. It's your hard-earned money. Don't let Air India airlines to loot them from you. AI Swindling more money with more bookings. Don't become a fool. Think smart & pick a legit trustable airlines that cares for their customers.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

It's been more than 4 months since I am requesting a refund. For a single refund, I regularly called Air India Customer care multiple times, Emailed Air India customer care (contactus@airindia.in), Filled the Feedback form but they haven't taken any action. It's been acknowledged for the past 4 months but they have decided to trouble the customers for no reason. Still waiting.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Flew Air India twice. First was horrible (gave food 1 time in a 12 hour flight). Second was horrendous. - Lost my baggage, been trying to contact them for 5 days, with no response on either call or mail. Would never fly again even if I have to pay double the amount.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I will list each stage of the experience flying AI 188 (YYZ>DEL) business class as below:

1. Ease of booking: No problem except the Travel Agent could not insert your frequent flyer number (if outside of Air India) during ticket booking. Had to do so at the time of check in to ensure that the United frequent flyer was printed on the Boarding Pass. Recommendation: Air India should ensure that any Star Alliance number can be inserted into the booking.

2. Check-In: Almost trouble free - the staff at Toronto was diligent in verifying vaccination status and RT-PCR test results. Recommendation: Staff must be trained to insert the Frequent Flyer number from other star alliance airlines;

3. Boarding: Delay and nothing but chaos! There was no separate queue for business class. The counter was surrounded by passengers and the boarding was not started at the scheduled time. Recommendation: The reputation of Air India can be enhanced a lot if they learn to keep time!

4. Flight: Smooth flight, great Boeing 777 take off and landing and great meals! However, after the first 2 hours, the toilets were not looked after and supplies were not re-stocked; Recommendation: For a 24 hour flight, it is important that the flight cabin crew maintains the hygiene standards and restocks the supplies!

5. Staff Courtesy: Extraordinary courtesy by cabin crew from start until the end of flight. Very helpful to the families with kids and the senior citizens as well.

6. Air India Lounge at Delhi airport: Very little supplies and hardly any variety of food. Cramped space during the pandemic. Recommendation: Air India should learn from other Business Class lounges and upgrade their Lounge.

Note: I flew from Delhi to Mumbai after the 14 hour flight from Toronto to Delhi. It was another chaotic boarding with 1 person at the boarding point and a lot of interference by Air India non-flying crew members as they tried to get best seats for themselves and their family members having passes. My own business class seat was changed in favor of a Captain's daughter flying on the flight. Recommendation: Air India can do much better by not disturbing or bumping around paying passengers in favor of non-paying ones. Delhi Airport: Crowd management can be improved a lot, especially during these pandemic times.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Very very bad customer service. Not at all helpful. Not all good people. Not helpful people. My mother had a travel today and yesterday. When I called Air India office the lady told me my mom do not require anything just Pcr test negative and fully vaccination card. When we went on airport standing there for 2 hours the people on air india counter telling them that locator form is mandatory. We told them we tried. They saying, "We can't do anything." They didn't even bother to allow them as they are old and we said we gonna book it and everything but the people on air india counter on goa airport the ladies just started to shout and saying the counter is closed and made my mom go out. This is a ** service. They are sitting on the counter to help people who doesn’t know. If they are only doing this then what is the use and all.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Recently I traveled with Air India and experienced a worst experience with this airline. We were travelling from Mumbai to Goa and due to congestion in traffic it almost took us 2 hrs for travelling a distance of 8 KM to Terminal 2. The flight was at 9 PM and we reached at the desk at 8.15 PM. The Air India Personnel rudely told that we cannot be allowed to board the flight as they we are late and have not done the web check in. It was surprising that though we had done the web check in it was not showing on their portal. Later I have checked with many travellers/passengers who informed me that the Airline Portal always had some issues while web check in and though you complete web check in it will not show in their portal.

Finally, all the personnel to whoever I spoke instead of helping me out from this situation was blatantly blaming me for my delay in reaching the airport, and made sure that I should not board in the flight. Another harassment started when I went to the booking office to book the tickets for another flight of Air India. The booking officer on other side of the glass/window was asking me to speak loudly as he was not able to hear my requests made. I kept on shouting and informed him of my desire to book a tickets to Goa. He somehow understood my requests and started browsing the portal for five minutes and got up to make some phone calls. I asked him what is happening ? to which he replied that he is enquiring with his superiors for booking tickets. After five minutes I lost my patience and left the window.

Secondly, their call centres/Customer care are closed after 18:00 Hrs. A recorded message will be heard continuously after 18:00 HRs that " you are in queue", but no one will respond from the other side nor the IVR facility will be available. I travelled with Indigo so many times but the way they help me out during the distress is commendable. In similar situation at Chandigarh airport when I reached just before 30 minutes of scheduled flight, they made sure that I boarded in the flight with my family. Their personnel accompanied me from entrance of the airport upto the flight. Now I can understand why this airline is in losses from so many years. The babu attitude of the staff is sinking this boat. Since TATAs has taken now it is hoped that they will improve their attitude. For this they will require to revamp the complete organization. Especially the staff who are directly dealing with passengers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

Air India stole 2 check-in bags, when I travelled from Chicago to Delhi on Nov-10-2021, I gave complaint. They logged the complaint, they told we will trace it out and deliver to home, I send tons of mails, and calls, none of them are responding, I don't know yet whom to contact, right channel for claim process, both my tag numbers are **, **. It's air india responsibility to provide customer satisfaction, we pay lot of money for ticket, why do they still theft the bags, They might have black market to sell the things become billionaire. Please provide the claim process if anybody knows.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Recently I have had worst Experience with this airline. I booked a flight, they cancelled the flight and didn't pass me any information about that. During web check-in only I came to know about this. After that I called their customer care several times, sent e-mail but no satisfactory answer. In mail they are saying contact customer care through phone, customer care saying send mail. They playing ping pong, and I am the ball. This incidents happened 1 week back, still there is no solution. Now my money is stuck with them. I will aware all the people, not to avail Air India flights, they do these things often, and don't inform the customer. Like this they cheat us. Now as a customer I have no choice but to appeal before the court.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Booked domestic Air ticket from BBI to CCU dated 02.10.21 in order to say last good bye to my deceased father, pnr **, flight no ai 780, but after arriving to bbi airport got to know the flight was cancelled. They cancelled the ticket, assured in order to refund whole booking amount within 7 to 10 working days as flight was cancelled but the amount not refunded.. As reservation duty managers landline now are intentionally avoided I visit physically and escalate the issue but, but only receiving advice in order to escalate the issue to different email address but nobody have and or showed any good intention in order to refund my legitimate booking amount of 5643.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I have cancelled my ticket before 24hrs as per airline rules with the help of Air india customer care representative. I have not got any confirmation email about cancellation and when checked with representative she said Air india will not send any emails to customers on cancellation. The only option to check if it is cancelled is to go to Manage Booking option on website and give our PNR number and when it does not show anything that means ticket is cancelled. And also only 17000 rupees will be cancellation charges.

I have not received any emails after that and no refund also. I have raised refund request online using feedback form, which only works once in a blue moon (website is the worst service). Later after many follow ups I only got 49$ as refund whereas I was supposed to get almost 800$ as my refund. After calling customer care multiple times and waited hours in line and then call gets disconnected when it is escalated. Finally I got hold of a good rep and he said that my ticket was cancelled 3 hrs before and considered as No Show. Which gave a stroke to me.

How can their software be so slow...which works after 24 hrs. I cancelled it way before 24 hrs and air india records it wrong. Their software is faulty. I wish I know the developer :( for a such a crappy software which works fine when taking money and vice versa on cancellations. I want my hard earned money back from Air india. Now I understand why people not use it. Only due to COVID people had no option. Worst service. Please don't Don't ever travel with Air india.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Had the worst experience ever in customer care. First of all they give you number in Google which is not reachable to them even if you ring it for 4 whole hours and then I tried other number directly in airport service in same airline and the person did pick up the call but didn't answer, just kept the call hanging on while having conversations with someone on the other end. This happened multiple times and was quite frustrating as I had an important inquiry but could do nothing as they played around.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

The most ridiculous airline in the aviation history of India. A big disgrace to the nation. Illiterate staff and long waiting hours on the phone to change basic things for existing reservation. The website is a joke with no helpful options to update anything. No wonder the Maharaja has become a beggar.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

We got a ticket booked from Air India during March 2020. But as international flights stopped abruptly during Covid-19 and open policy was given for ticket rescheduling at later date. From last many days I am trying my best and even after daily waiting for continuously 3 hours, no one is helping me in resolving this and rescheduling my tickets as I have to travel on an urgent basis as soon as possible. I have written many emails but all in vain. Air India has not earlier refunded my money and now not helping in rescheduling my tickets. I suppose I have lost nearly Rs. 75,000 and not yet been given any help by Air India.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I Booked flights on Air India on 21st September 2021 @ 14:11:28 and went on to book the tickets but on check out after including all the bank details, the website hung and everything got cancelled. I did not receive any email from Air India for a ticket. I called them and they confirmed that they had not booked the ticket and the PNR got cancelled automatically and no money had been deducted. However on 23rd September I checked my account and realized that I had been deducted an amount of INR 400304.18 equivalent to £3951.28. I called them immediately very hysteric as they had taken my amount without providing a service or a ticket. THIS IS A CLEAR CASE OF FRAUD AND STEALING.

When called they put me on hold for nearly 4 hours and I had to call in at least 3 times to speak to someone about my situation. All of them had a script to tell me that they will see if they can refund my amount and I had to fill a request for refund. No one was helpful and they just disconnected the phone. It was so frustrating that I was actually crying on the phone for being scammed so badly by a NATIONAL airline of India. I still have not heard from anyone. It's like they do not care. I am desperate and very upset.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I would like to bring this to your attention that Air India is not refunding the money to flight cancelled by customer within 24 hours or if the Flights got cancelled due to their mistake. According to their if the ticket booked is cancelled within 24 hours refund will be processed, I cancelled my flights which I booked online on Air India Website by calling the customer service department within 20 minutes and I was confirmed the ticket has been cancelled however they will not be able to provide me proof of the cancelled ticket in a email.

They also mentioned the refund will take up to 3 months from the day the ticket was cancelled and the ticket purchase amount will be credited into the debit account from which the ticket was purchased. Since 3 months past and I did not received the refund money. I emailed Air India at ecommerce@airindia.in as instructed on their website. After couple days, I received an email from their team that due to pandemic and less staff there has been delays however I will receive the refund within next 6 weeks. However, 6 weeks past and I was not refunded the owing amount (CAD 2400).

In addition to this I also submitted my complaint using their form online and did not receive any emails or response, then I called customer service department more than 50 times and after long waiting periods once get connected to the customer service agent, Customer service agent after hearing that it is call regarding refund would either hang up or put the call on hold or would act if they can't hear me. This happened numerous times and finally I quit calling the customer service department. I submit the complaint on https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/, anyone who has not receive refund submit grievance to Department of Consumer Affairs India through their online portal, hopefully this will shed some light and will bring this issue in light.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Called the airline many times and still not connected to get my ticket rescheduled. So what can I do now, nothing. There is no customer focus and they sometimes forget that customers are the one they are in business. Air India please improve your services, you lost a customer today.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

My name is Bhaskar and I am 65 years old, I am trying to reschedule my return date. But I was not able to do it for almost 2 days spending 8 hours waiting to get the ticketing team to be connected. As soon as someone connects, they say, they will transfer to the ticketing department OR they will call back. But after the transfer no one responded, we had to wait for a long time without no response and drop the call for eating lunch, other work. (This is repeated more than 8-9 times and each time spending around 1-2 hours)

The number we called is 18886341407 as per your website for USA contact. And after several attempts and hold time, we finally got someone from ticketing and he verified everything and confirmed that the ticket can be rescheduled with no penalties and change fee. And the minute he is about to change and confirm, the phone call took us to provide feedback!! (Really frustrating). And again I called back and right now I have been on hold for the past 1 hour. All we are trying to do is change the return flight schedule. Every time, I think this is the lowest, Airindia surprises with the new lowest levels. Worst airline customer care ever!

Air India Company Information