ACE Rent A Car

Compare Rental Cars

Research top Rental Cars recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

carole of Rutland, VT on

I rented the car online and with a discount code provided to me in an email sent by Ace to me. My rental price was 119.22 and after declining many attempts to add on things we did not need my husband was asked to sign the contract on a BLANK screen pad and was handed the contract. He didn't look until after we had dropped the car off and we were charged 143.22. Called Fort Lauderdale Ace after returning home and they refused to refund us. Kept saying she didn't see a reservation for 119.22 when I have a printed reservation with that price on it. The woman at this office was EXTREMELY rude! Have never had any problems with rental before and will NEVER rent with them. There is no recourse if there is a problem... NO customer service. DO NOT rent with this company.

Isidro of El Paso, TX on

Really bad experience with Ace. I recently completed a 15 days rental from Ace at the Mexico City International Airport. Among the issues we had were: Unfriendly counter staff. Car was not washed. The car was very old and smell terrible. I requested another car and my request was declined. The right back light did not work. The guy was trying to sell a local insurance to get a commission. I declined, so after an hour of arguments he finally gave an old car. It was about 2 AM and I just wanted to get out of the airport and drive to my hotel.

Jill of Chesterfield, MO on

The wait at the airpot was so long. The car was in very poor shape. They charged me $289 in toll violations that were completely not true. We asked for the dates that these toll violations happened and we were at a resort and did not drive our car on that day. I am not sure how you could go through 10 tolls in 1 day?!?!?

A. J. of King George, VA on

All rentals are off site from airport. Just called when we arrived and the shuttle was there to pick us up within 10 minutes. No charge for the shuttle. The "surprise" car booked through Expedia was a new 2017 Elantra. Great deal for the price we paid. All fees were disclosed before we left the lot. Would recommend this agency.

Jim of Herndon, VA on

The cheapest price among advertised online. When we arrived in the rental office located at Parking DIA in around 8 pm. With my showed my prepaid e-mail for checking in. The person asked a lot about additional coverage. Since I have declined all the collision insurance (covered with credit card and my own auto insurance), how in the world will I add liability (which should be covered by my own auto policy). The salesperson asked "Are you sure you don't want the coverage?" I said "Yes" and initial on the small signature pad. However, the paper printout shows that I am yes on the coverage with my initial. The ACE rental car's add on is really cheating. Talk with the manager when returned the car. He insisted that I have initial the coverage, so I have to paid. No more rental from this company. I am also reporting this to my credit card company about this unwanted charge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?

jeffrey of Chicago, IL on

Terrible experience with Ace. We recently completed a 6 day rental from Ace at the Denver International Airport. Among the issues we had were: Unfriendly counter staff. Car was not washed. We requested the cleaning crew to at least clean the back window (covered with dirt) and the request was declined. Car seat adjustment did not work. When we were asked to pay $10 a day for tolls ($60 total) we declined with the expectation that there were alternative methods of paying individual tolls. No explanation was given of the local toll system -- that individual tolls CANNOT be paid by cash. Ace has us paying a penalty of $25 per toll (total of 3 or approx $10 locally).

The exit from the rental office had two directional signs, one to the airport the other to city. We took to city that leads directly to a toll road. Trying to return the car at the airport there are NO ACE SIGNS POSTED. Ace is not located with the Car Rentals signed at the airport. A call to your toll free number went to Florida office. It took us about 20 minutes to find Ace while being on airport property. Upon returning the car, I got in line at the counter. Ace representative stated to several of us that if we left the key and contract our receipt would be emailed. That was two days ago. I have no receipt. I have had to call Ace twice. Am still waiting. Don't rent from Ace.

Michael of Louisville, KY on

Upon renting car the man who rented the car to me never went over anything with me. He only ask me to walk around car and note any damage on car. Upon returning car only to find out they were not open and no place to drop keys, I was worried about missing my flight had to get Uber because there was no shuttle back to airport... then I get my credit card statement and was charged $28.00 for a quarter tank of gas. I will not be renting from this company again... and will not recommend this to any friends. Very dissatisfied with this experience.

morgan of Louisville, KY on

Geez, where do I begin? First of all, they are NOT located at the airport. This isn't a bad thing necessarily, they will pick you up with a shuttle. I foolishly assumed they were at the airport because every other rental agency in town operates out of the airport. Anyway, when you take delivery of your rental car, they don't review your contract with you or even offer you a chance to read it, they just put an electronic signature pad on the counter with 9 - yes, nine - places for you to sign and click OK. It's not because they are in a hurry. I saw another employee do this to another customer when I returned my car. Demand to see what you're signing for.

First, they automatically charge you $16 for an airport shuttle ride whether you need one or ask for one or not. I guess if you fussed and complained they would remove the charge, I don't know. Secondly, when I picked up my car, the employee told me that there was a $200 damage deposit on the rental which was fully refundable later. Later, I was looking at my invoice, and how much was the damage deposit? $300.

Third, they automatically add $10 to your bill to cover interstate tolls, whether you need them or not. That's right, even if you drive straight from the Ace rental car office to your motel right next door, you still get to pay for Interstate tolls. This was my favorite part of the experience: If you want to apply your own car insurance on the rental, you better grab them by the collar and ram it down their throat because they will NOT ask you for it and then they will automatically charge you for Florida state liability insurance for every day that you rent the car.

After I realized this, I called up to complain and an employee on the phone told me that they WOULD refund the insurance charges to me if I showed them proof of insurance. But, when I returned the car and showed the employee my insurance, he told me that they would NOT refund the insurance charges. I mumbled something under my breath about calling the Florida Attorney General, to which he immediately said, "Well, whaddya know, someone already removed the charges from your bill" - which was BEFORE I showed anyone proof of my insurance!

It just goes to show you, businesses that operate in the tourist industry, especially in tourist areas like South Florida, will scam you every chance they get because they know that a lot of people get very disoriented and stressed out when they're traveling or on vacation and they don't take time to read the fine print. Plus, they know that in a few hours or days you will be hundreds or thousands of miles away and you'll be powerless to do anything about it. DON'T vacation in South Florida and DON'T rent from Ace rental car in Fort Lauderdale.

Patricia of Mankato, MN on

Booked a Toyota Corolla. They were out when we got there on the time that had been stated when I booked. Rep tried to give me a Mustang Coupe for 4 people. HAHA! Got a Hyundai Santa Fe... Paid a $200 deposit and $50. We were early returning vehicle, filled the tank up with gas to full, and it was in the same condition as it was when we took it; and clean. Also, the toll fees were like $10 total; not $50 (what a joke)! Ten days later, I called about my deposit being reversed on the credit card... They said in a few days it should be reversed. Ended up getting $56/$200 back... Long story short, involving several calls with terrible communication on their end, including having to call corporate, where they kept hanging up on me, they claimed the rest of the deposit was all these other completely hidden fees.

Shawn of Suffield, CT on

CHECK THE REVIEW!! I made the mistake for not reading the review and I paid price, but I don't want anyone to fall into the same trap. The only reason I gave one star is because that is the lowest rating, ACE rental deserve a NEGATIVE rating. I'll list all things that they scam me for.

Fuel on pick up, marked FULL on paper and expect you to return FULL. Only found out it was only 1/4 tank upon pick up. I discovered it 5 mins out the door, took picture and went back. The CS looked at it and circle 1/4 on the pink slip. When car was returned, they accused you making the changes as there is no initial, and charge you ridiculous amount per gallon to fill it up to FULL.

Take picture of what you signed on the small keypad screen when declining insurance and request for a paper copy of what you signed. Your electronic will be added to the final contract on places that you did not agree to. And without you realized, you agreed to the $15.99/day liability insurance. I was told that it's the company requirement to have liability insurance but nobody will inform you up front, only when you receive your final bill. Take pictures of the car and ensure you captured all imperfection or else you will end up with a big surprise.

They will scare you into getting tol ltag by telling you there is no toll booth in some area, everything is pay by mail based on the license plate. But since car is not registered to you, ACE will receive the bill in the mail and they will charge you $25/transaction. I fell for that and found out there is always a toll booth to give change. You will be charged a full extra day if you are late for 30 mins - 1 hr, not a pro-rated rate, + insurance, + toll tag, ++++ everything else.

Request for a final receipt BEFORE you leave and go through the charges details, don't accept email. You will be screwed as soon as you leave the place. They will tell you contract is CLOSED (not even sure what that means) and no changes can be made, so you basically have to pay whatever amount the charged you. DON'T waste your time calling customer service, there is NONE. And they will tell you should have read the contract and everything you signed. Period. Again ----- STAY AWAY!! MY FINAL BILL WAS $245 BUT MY ORIGINAL RESERVATION TOTAL $123 INCLUDING TAXES AND FEES.

jimbo of Rva, VT on
5 day rental from Ft Myers FL. Counter person Barbera insisted I had to take the auto toll payment plan because Florida does not have cash lanes any longer.

I did & got suckered. Paid cash at ALL tolls. Finally got them to return fee at check in, grudgingly. Been a few days & still waiting for deposit to return to my debit card. Who's floating the money? Because it left my account instantly the day I rented the car. Calls to "customer care" worthless. Bottom line: I'll pay a little more and avoid these scammers.

joyce of St Paul, MN on

We rented a car Feb of 2017. Agreement was a Toyota Yaris or similar. We got to the rental area in Fort Myers, Florida and only cars available was a minivan holding 7 people or a pickup truck. They said go back to airport and try to find another company and you will pay lots more. We ended up with the minivan for one week in busy Florida and 2 people. On return could not find rental place with our GPS. Called Ace they said GPS outdated and could not give you a close address or the address of the airport. Stopped many places and got directions. Arrived rental place and were charged for late fee, we were 20 minutes late. Argued and got it subtracted. Never deal with this company.

Kristen of Loudonville, NY on

I rented a car from ACE in Fort Lauderdale, FL for two days. When I returned the car on the due date, they charged me an additional day's rental fee despite being only two hours late (most companies offer a grace period). Furthermore, they claimed the pin on the gas gauge was 7/8 below a full tank and attempted to charge me for gas (even though I had just filled it up). Another employee vouched it was indeed full. Then they tried to hit me up for $35 in tolls despite providing no proof I ever racked up that much in tolls. Typical "bait and switch" tactics - wish I had read all the bad reviews BEFORE renting from them. Never again.

Shane of New Braunfels, TX on

I've rented vehicles at least 1 month for over 20 years for work. This is without a doubt the worst experience I've ever had with a company period. It's a complete bait & switch rental company. I made a reservation and of course when I went to pick up the van they didn't have it. After waiting almost 2 hours for them to find one (around 9 pm this time with 5 cranky starving kids on vacation) they found one. I had to have a van to fit everyone or I would have left.

After all the hassle they then said I HAD to purchase commercial insurance for a VAN (no commercial license required by law??). The insurance was more than the rental car cost. This was NEVER mentioned in the original booking online. They wouldn't let me leave without it. They are nothing but scam artist. I just hope someone reads this before they get scammed too. It's the Ft. Lauderdale ACE rental car company. By the reviews of ACE this is standard practice for this company. They should be put out of business.

Sou of Philadelphia, PA on

We had a very bad experience with an agent Neil with ponytail who claimed to be the manager. We made reservation about a week ago and when we arrived he wanted to give us a van and that's not what we requested. He kept saying there is no car to give to us. I asked there is plenty of cars outside and he said they all have problems. If we don't want the van we can go somewhere else, mind you it was getting so late.

So we started to look for somewhere elsewhere we can rent and another agent there was helping us to look for a place to rent. He was walking around singing and humming. So my friend got on the phone to complain and she was on the phone for 15 mins on hold. He came back saying "ok will go check on the car but it's not for sure." He came back later on saying "ok I found you a car but it needs a car oil but if the engine sign comes up don't worry it's nothing." We took the car for 4 days no engine sign came up. We just had a very bad experience.

Dana of Hartford, WI on

Very unprofessional! The biggest complaint I have is that they took our money out of our account when we reserved this car online. Upon arrival, we had to take a shuttle from the airport to the car rental facility where we took care of business quite quickly and efficiently. At the end of this half hour long process, we were told that they do not accept DEBIT cards - even though the money was already gone! There were two other couples trying to pick up their vehicles as well and were told the same thing. Both of us have had issues with credit cards so neither of us own one. The employees behind the desk were unsympathetic and quite rude about it. We had to get shuttled back to the airport and needed to spend double what we had already spent!

ACE did not give refunds at the counter so we were out almost $400 on our trip and could not do several things that we had planned. This information - which is IMPORTANT - was not on any of the e-mails that my husband received after confirming the reservation. This is copied and pasted: 'Rental Restrictions: General Conditions: *Unless stated otherwise in the Rental Restrictions, you must present a credit card in the driver's name at time of rental pickup.' Our debit cards say MasterCard on them and we use them as credit cards. We have never had an issue with that before. This was totally unacceptable. We felt like second class citizens as we were driven back with our tails between our legs.

SONDAWING of Norristown, PA on

They overcharged me on the agreed upon price of 297. Instead they charged me 408 dollars and told Expedia that I had requested extra insurance at the scene of the rental. This is not true at all and I would never get insurance for my car because my credit card covers any accident. Total scam and not a very polite customer service either.

orin of Estero, FL on

I rent every so often. Last week I rented from Budget and had no problem. Good car, good price and good service. Booked a car through Priceline and I ended up with ACE. Boy did I get a surprise. I don't know how they stay in business. They told me that Florida renters are only allowed 150 miles per day. I was on a time schedule. I had to take their shuttle to the Fort Myers Airport and it turned out many flights were arriving. All the rent-a-car lines were full. It would be a while till I could get another car. Luckily Alamo saved the day with their machine in the lobby.

Avoid this company at all costs. They are rated one star. I've been renting for about 35 or 40 years and I guess there are still surprises. I called Priceline and they said I should read the small print. Nowhere in the contract does it say "We discriminate against Florida renters by only giving them 150 miles." I have an excellent driving record and a wallet full of credit cards. What gives here???

Robert of Hope, MI on

I have rented a car for a couple week duration. I learned that if something happens and I want to return it a day or more early they add a penalty charge of $25 per day early I return it!!! THIS SHOULD NOT BE A LEGAL BUSINESS POLICY.

Russell of Worcester, MA on

I had a reservation for a car to be picked up on 12/28/2016 at Ft Lauderdale Int. Airport. Upon arrival at the airport I called for a pickup and the agent told me they had the reservation but no car. I asked if the reservation actually reserved a car, he said no. The agent told me he had no solutions - but if I wanted him to keep the reservation he would. I asked to keep the reservation for as long as he could hold his breath. End result, I took a cab to Deerfield Beach at a cost of $80.00, rented a car from Enterprise for the remainder of the week and even got a free day and door to door service. Stay away from this company if you expect any service.

John of Grand Blanc, MI on

I reserved a rental car at ACE rental car, Orlando Florida. They provided me with an economy Ford Fiesta. While driving from the Orlando airport to my hotel in Daytona Beach the car, without any warning whatsoever, lost all RPM and speed slowing to an abrupt stop from 70 mph speed limit on interstate 95 to within 2 miles an hour and directly in front of a semi truck following my vehicle! As an experienced driver very aware and alert I abruptly moved to the shoulder to avoid being rear-ended by a semi truck and dying on interstate 95 as a result of an engine failure and a defective automobile! I continued my journey to Daytona hoping this was a single incident. However it was not! This exact situation occurred twice again, on State Road 44 into New Smyrna Beach and then again on Atlantic Avenue in Daytona Beach as I approach the hotel.

Fortunately I was able to instantly react and pull off the road to avoid being rear ended by traffic behind. I immediately notified the rental desk at Ace Rent-A-Car. They agreed that it was a serious safety issue and very dangerous and to park the car in the parking lot and they would replace the vehicle by the next day, towing the unsafe and dangerous defective Ford Fiesta back to their Orlando location. The exchange was made at no charge obviously because of the dangerous unsafe non-drivable rental car! I returned the replacement vehicle to their location on December 12. Today for days later I was advised there was a $436 towing charge fraudulently without my authorization or approval added to my Visa card!

I immediately called this unscrupulous rental company and spoke with manager Andre. He stated he was told by the local dealership there was nothing "wrong with the car", and therefore charge my account $436 for the towing of the exchanged vehicles. Without question, unequivocally this company has proceeded to put in an unsafe and dangerous vehicle back on the road in their rental inventory and charge me as a customer and outrageous towing bill when in fact the car failed three times driving it from Orlando to Daytona in 80 miles!!

Please do not under any circumstance is put your LIFE IN DANGER and rent a car from this unscrupulous company!! Their office is located on Semoran Blvd., Orlando! I advised my visa contact (and will never pay the charge) and filed immediate dispute. After 15 minutes of discussion and restating the issue and a problem to manager Andre, who is the one who initially of approved the replacement because of the dangerous situation that he agreed to, he never agreed to remove the charge. I have notified the department of transportation, the Inspector General's office and call Pam ** the Attorney General's office of Florida.

Richard of London, Other on

We booked a car online through Ace for our holidays in Dominican Republic & booked insurance separately through Allianz. When we got there we were told our insurance wasn't valid (which is not true) and forced to spend an extra $200 on insurance. The partner company Nelly were very aggressive & it made for a really unpleasant start to the holiday. Do not hire a car through Ace. They are crooks!

joe of Sylmar, CA on

Rented in June of 2016, everything went fine. Do your homework and you will save money. Go there not knowing and it's mostly your own fault if you get screwed over. Get the insurance from Travelocity or whoever you book it with. Bring a copy of your insurance policy, and allow at least 1 hour to get car and 1-2 to drop off car. Ya they tried to up sell me everything under the sun, just say no, and read what you sign, and it will be alright. When I look at the reviews, I see why most of these people get screwed, sheep.

Kym of Daytona Beach, FL on

Worst parking experience ever. I travel bi-weekly and tend to switch between a few different ones. I decided to give this one a try since it was on Cheapairportparking.com website and had a reasonable rate for the time period I needed. The drop off process was uneventful. Coming back we did have to wait longer than expected to get picked up from the airport even though they said a shuttle runs every 15-30 minutes. The couple in front of me in line: They couldn't locate their car keys. It took them almost 30 minutes to figure out what was going on but they finally were able to locate the car and keys.

My turn: Also could not locate my car keys. Took about 20 minutes. Finally located my keys and guy goes to get the car. He is gone for another 15-20 minutes. I go outside looking for him. Can't find him (granted this lot is not very big) - Send my daughter to go out looking for him - he is wandering the lot aimlessly looking for my car (supposedly). Now we are all walking around the lot looking for my car - after walking around for an additional 15-20 minutes we finally locate my car under a tree with leaves covering it. Next dilemma there's another car parked behind me - no way to get out. So... yes you guess it takes another 15 minutes for therm to locate the keys to that car to move it to let me out! So all in all I was there almost 1.5 - over 2 hours since we landed to get out of there.

They have a horrible process with their parking service - and as I can tell from previous reviews and being in line - car rental service is not any better - the numerous times I heard "there is nothing we can do for you"! When you drop off your car they fill out a slip of paper and then your keys are put in a Ziplock bag with this slip of paper. So if your keys get separated from the slip of paper they have no real idea where your keys belong unless they look through all the ziplock bags. The Ziplock bags are kept in a box yes a box behind the counter - I could have reached over the counter at any given time and taken a whole box of keys.

When people dropped off their cars for parking the keys and paper were lined up on the counter - no supervision - the attendant left numerous times with keys in the open where anyone could have walked away from them. Avoid this place at all costs - The extra few dollars saved will just = a lot of aggravation. The only positive thing I can say was the shuttle driver was pleasant.

Steve N Nikol of Rio Linda, CA on

Booked a full size Expedition ($552 for 6 days) directly through the Ace Rent A Car website for our trip to Guadalajara. Spent time researching with Insurance in Mexico, different companies etc. Prepaid our deposit for rental on the website. Upon arrival there was not an Expedition available, there was not even a van or smaller SUV available. Only compact cars. Counter agent could not provide a refund. (Have to do it online or call when we get home!) We had to go elsewhere and pay 2 times as much for last minute rental and wasted 2 hours of our vacation! Mexico grrr!

Charles of Wimauma, FL on

On November 4th we went to pick up the Mini Van that I had went online to hold. When we got there, we were told that we couldn't take it out of state so we had to take a van....15 passenger van. It was a 2016 Ford Van and it drove great, rode great and did serve the purpose. The problem was... once we got home, 1.5hr later from picking it up, we found ants were inside. There was a spill that look like a milkshake going down the side door; cups in the back with ants in them. I didn't look inside to inspect for cleanliness. I have never had to do so before. I called the office and spoke to "Sean" and he was very nice and apologetic. Said he would give us a $17 credit. I didn't think that was fair but we had to get on the road to get to our destination to NC.

When we returned on Monday the 7th, we went inside and the guy behind the counter was on the phone. While sitting there, we overheard him tell a customer on the phone that his refund had been processed and to double check his records. When he hung up, he called us to the desk. I told him before we get started I would like to show him something. I told him it drove and rode great! The gas mileage wasn't that bad and enjoyed using it. I told him there was a spill on the side door and ants we had to kill during our use of the vehicle.

He told us that he would have gotten ant spray and then Ace would have reimbursed us for it. I also let him know there were cups in the back with ants and it all came down to the van was not cleaned before released to be rented. I also mentioned there was a dead dried up frog in the door. I mentioned that management needs to check all cars and vans after they have been cleaned to verify the work has been completed correctly.

At this point the guy who was working this shift, November 7th at 2:30pm. He proceeded to say, "Give me the ** key." We were so shocked that anyone would say this to a customer. I said "Excuse me????" He said, "Give me the ** key and get off my ** lot and never come back." I gave him the key and told him we would never do business again with this company. I also said I would be getting in touch with corporate office. He said he didn't care and to go ahead.

He kept my paperwork that had all the information on it. If we had not been so far away from the lot we would have turned around and went back to get it. I have my credit card transactions to prove they took my money. I am waiting on my $150 deposit to be credited back. I have been in customer service for years and management. His behavior was and is grounds for dismissal. I hope corporate office deals with this. They have lost a customer for life.

Anthony of Bellerose, NY on

This place is just straight unprofessional, irresponsible, and thieves, first I get there and they tell me they don't carry the car I rented, when I called 3 times to confirm, I had to pay double to upgrade to a proper vehicle, then I lose my keys in Disney World, and there is absolutely no one to get in contact with after 8 p.m. on a Saturday, had to take a taxi at 12 a.m. with my 3 kids, the next day they say they have no replacement key, and referred me to a locksmith which couldn't do anything till Tuesday (from Saturday).

Tow truck, key fee, and 3 days with no car ($750 later), then these pricks... I wash the car a couple blocks away, and top off the gas, drop the car off (NO receipt on site). I get to New York, they have the audacity to charge me $51.75, for gas fill up??? Unprofessional, THIEVES, everyone in there was no help, manager was literally giggle on the phone over the whole ordeal. Worst experience EVER RENTING, don't waste your time there, will report. Told Better Business Bureau ASAP, messed up my whole vacation experience for me and my whole family!

Michelle of Stow, OH on

My family and I rented a car from Ace Rent A Car in Orlando Fl. from June 14, 2016 to June 23, 2016 for $531.59. We were not told that the rental building is about 15-20 minutes away! It is not at the airport. When we arrived at the rental place we couldn't believe what a run down dump it was. We waited in line about an hour and when we finally got to the desk, we were told they gave our rental car away to someone else. They gave us a van instead that was disgusting, filthy, and smelled horrendous. We were never told about the many, many toll roads in Florida or how they worked. Totally different than in Ohio. If they don't explain it to you, they benefit financially because they will charge your credit card if you go through a toll without even knowing it. Total SCAM!

Every single person who works here from desk clerks to managers is awful, rude, disrespectful and completely unprofessional. We had about $125.00 charged to our credit card without our permission. It is unbelievable that this place has not been shut down by the state after hundreds upon hundreds of complaints. Shame on the state of Florida for allowing this place to continue to scam and steal from consumers. No one in their right mind should ever do business with Ace Rent A Car.

Lawrence of The Villages, FL on

I made a reservation online with AARP Travel Center/Expedia for Ace Rent A Car at Orlando airport (Phone number **), Confirmation number **, for Nov. 1 - Nov 5 for 4 days economy car with unlimited mileage for $14.00 day with total cost of $89.08. When I got there, they said, the unlimited mileage is only 150 miles a day and if you don't have your car insurance card it's $40.00 a day extra for the coverage. I don't carry my insurance card with me... It's in my car. I told them I could get on their internet and print a copy off, but they said I couldn't do that (Company Policy). I went back to the airport and because I had not made an advance reservation the cheapest car available was from Enterprise at $45.00 day with total costs of $234.25. I noticed 3 people in line in front of me leave without renting a car (Maybe they didn't buy the bait and switch routine also).

Francisco of Orlando, FL on

I made a reservation and don't read the specs to rent. If you are a resident you need to have your own insurance of your car to rent a car with them. I tried to buy one insurance and they just don't sell for residents. It's stupid!!! DONT RENT A CAR WITH THEM! We have changed to Alamo and made the reserve 5min before to went to the counter and it was perfect, 1000 times better than Ace. DON'T GO to this rental car. The Ace rental car employee said even he doesn't recommend that company. I waste $25 on a deposit. It's a trap.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

ACE Rent A Car has grown from a neighborhood car wash into a rental company with more than 350 locations worldwide. It focuses on top leisure destinations for vacation rentals.

• Easy rewards program: With the ACE Rental Genius program, for every dollar spent, participants earn points. As the points add up, customers can earn a higher tier, letting them get eight percent off instantly. There are no black out dates for rewards program.
  • Points for prizes: In addition to instant discounts and higher tiers, customers can spend their accumulated rewards points on products like Xbox ONE and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.
  • Valet service: ACE offers valet parking and fast shuttle service at airports to make travel easier and less stressful.
  • Reservation look-up: If travel plans change, customers can easily find and adjust a reservation with their confirmation number and email address.
  • Early booking: Many companies only take reservations six months in advance, but with ACE, travelers can reserve a vehicle up to a year in advance.
  • Car Selection: Most locations offer economy cars, compact sedans, full-sized cars and luxury cars. Some locations offer minivans, 12/15-passenger vans, SUV’s, trucks or specialty vehicles.
  • Best for Those who plan ahead for vacations, business travelers, temporary workers and those who want a wide selection of vehicles.

Compare Rental Cars