2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

3.5/5 (344 ratings)

About ACE Rent A Car

ACE Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Rented a car at Manchester Airport, I am concerned that this location is on insurance scam. We walked around car when we picked up and were showing us very small scratches -- stuff that you would not notice. We had opted out of car insurance as we were using a USA credit card that covered the insurance. We rented for a month and upon return he pointed out a "Dot" that is the only way I can describe it that if you took a pencil and put a dot on a piece of paper -- they wanted to say that we had put the damaged (dot). We took a photo and placed my finger by it. We did question the dot and said that it was not new -- had they proceeded to charge us I would have called the police. I have a feeling that they would had charged us had we not questioned them (it was laughable). BEWARE.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

NO shuttle pick at the airport, waited 3 hrs in line to get to the counter, I did not have my Ins. card with me, they charged me for car Ins. The car smelled & was old. It was a major mistake not to go with a brand named rental car company.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I rented a car through Priceline and they have been wonderful in helping me with my dispute. However Ace car rental will change your agreement and charge you twice and more for items already purchased through Priceline. They will pre sell you fuel and if you do not use the purchased amount there is no refund. They have found a great way to charge for services not rendered and get away with it by saying you signed for it. I signed for it being mislead by the representative at the counter.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Made a reservation through HotWire several months in advance to arrive at Denver airport. Upon landing, the ACE rental shuttle never showed! Tried to call but just voice menu. Left msg but after an hour I went with Hertz rental. Very upsetting. Several others waiting with me experienced the same thing.

Original review: July 31, 2021

This is the worst car rental place. I was overcharged for the car rental in the first place. They take approx 45 minutes to register you and get the car For you after you had a reservation and your schedule is already limited. When I returned the car I left my brand new Adidas sneakers in the trunk accidentally. I realized this shortly after the return and called them. I was out on hold for more than a half hour and given the run around. They told me to call the next day in which I did. They did not attempt to help me and locate the sneakers. They claim they didn’t find my sneakers. I had to purchase a new pair of sneakers and they have been ignoring my emails for 5 months now. Be aware of this place!!!!

Original review: July 30, 2021

Worst experience ever in Orlando FL near airport (N. Frontage Rd)!!! Received car for pick up at 11pm, it took over two hours for shuttle to arrive at airport with over 15 other people that kept calling to get ahold of someone. Received car late and at night so couldn’t see how dirty the outside and inside (backseat had stains) was already. Manager is hardly there and not helpful. I have tried to call for four days after returning vehicle to let them know I was overcharged! Sales clerk was told we didn’t need liability and was still charged for after mentioning I had full coverage! Returned car and overall unhappy, unsatisfied with customer service, and overall poor experience with car rental company! Will never rent from here again and recommend others the same!

Original review: July 28, 2021

I booked standard SUV from Los Angeles Airport (LAX) ACE rental. Relatively unfriendly and disconnected staff as poor working condition. Very bad experience of taking a shuttle to a parking lot and then taking ACE Van to Car rental. Customer don't have the option to choose the car (super bad), ACE will ask to make bundle of signature without explaining in details what you are signing up for. On returning the car, they charged me $11 for each gallon of gas remaining (vs. gas price of $4.29), they threatened to charge $200 for not cleaning the car on return (will ACE not clean the car before handing it over to next renter?). After making some noise they waived off the cleaning fee but the overall experience was very unpleasant.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Never again will I nor my families and friends rent from this place. Customer services sucks. We were lead to or lied to purchase their insurance when it stated that it was optional. I have been renting from different agencies and have never had this problem. We provided valid drivers license and full proof of insurance, yet it wasn't enough. Knowing we have a family of 10 traveling from MN to Orlando. And temps were close to the 100 while the family had to wait outside. Not to mentioned, we have two toddlers, a 2 and 3 years old and two elderly parents. One of which needed help with mobility. Either we pay for their insurance or we were left to be stuck outside without a car in close to 100 degrees heat.

When I got home. I called and the manager pretty much backs his agent by offering us free one day rental and discounts on our next visit. And I quote; "it's already a close contract because the car is turn in and I can't even do anything about it anymore. I can offer you discounts on your next visit." Like my next trip to Florida will probably be in the next 10 years, really a discounts on my next visit. I want my 99 dollar with tax which is 117 refunded. I also called my own insurance agent and he says; "that is wrong on her part. She should be held accountable or put on probation for that. Once you showed full coverage, my insurance takes full responsibility of the car rental. And if they want something that states it covers car rentals. That means you would have to bring the 50 pages disclosure in fine prints with you while on vacation. Which my insurance agent say no one does that."

After reading some reviews, I found one similar or same case and from the same Orlando location. This one however ACE responded back to this review. "It is optional so long as we provide full prove of insurance which we did but the agent still lied and said that wasn't enough. Here is her exact words. "You do have full coverage but you "only" own a 2015 rav4 and 2001 Toyota tundra and the value is less than our 2021 cars so your insurance will not cover our car if you total our car because yours cars value is less than ours. So you will have to buy our insurance if you want a car to drive from here." Looking outside and shaking my head. I can see my two little kids crying and our elderly parents panting in the hot humidity heat. So pretty much we had no choice but to take the car or get left behind without one.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Imagine arriving at airport and waiting over an hour. No shuttle (in Denver). Asked other shuttle drivers about it and they laughed when I mentioned ACE car rental. Called and got computer voicemail but no one to answer phone. Lost $500 on weekly rental since I pre-paid through HotWire. Called Hotwire and they basically said, "Too bad!" Never again...

Original review: June 29, 2021

I should have read the reviews about this company, because I would have never rented a car. The customer service is awful. I was told that my receipt would be emailed to me. I am still waiting a day later. And no one answer the phone. This was in Denver. The car was supposed to be a full size SUV. It was 7 of us. We couldn't put all of our luggage in the car. They were the small carry on bags. But we didn't let this rude of vacation. I will never rent from here again.

ACE Rent A Car author review by Lauren Fix

ACE Rent A Car has grown from a neighborhood car wash into a rental company with more than 350 locations worldwide. It focuses on top leisure destinations for vacation rentals.

• Easy rewards program: With the ACE Rental Genius program, for every dollar spent, participants earn points. As the points add up, customers can earn a higher tier, letting them get eight percent off instantly. There are no black out dates for rewards program.

• Points for prizes: In addition to instant discounts and higher tiers, customers can spend their accumulated rewards points on products like Xbox ONE and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

• Valet service: ACE offers valet parking and fast shuttle service at airports to make travel easier and less stressful.

• Reservation look-up: If travel plans change, customers can easily find and adjust a reservation with their confirmation number and email address.

• Early booking: Many companies only take reservations six months in advance, but with ACE, travelers can reserve a vehicle up to a year in advance.

• Car Selection: Most locations offer economy cars, compact sedans, full-sized cars and luxury cars. Some locations offer minivans, 12/15-passenger vans, SUV’s, trucks or specialty vehicles.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

ACE Rent A Car Company Information