ACE Rent A Car

• 0%
  • 0%
  • 95%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?
    Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 10, 2024

Flew to NY - my brother passed away - told rep I did not want insurance - was charged it anyway - car was filthy brakes squealed was told maybe rep did not have enough time to fully look over the car returned car early charged full amount don’t use ACE rental - they tell you that they can hear recorded convo than they tell you that they can’t - I asked to listen to the recording between me and rep - now they can’t - now they can only see interaction recorded between me and rep ACE sucks!!!! I rented from Enterprise same day / they were amazing, paid less with them for more days - no problems at all - as a matter of fact was in touch with manager - was invited to their next company barbecue.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed June 6, 2024

***!!!DO NO RENT FROM ACE!!!*** Rented the car from ACE on May 23rd. I paid for rental insurance and I was fully cover through my own insurance company. The worker explained that I was “overinsured” and then asked for my credit card to hold $400 “just in case something happens to the car”. The employee then reassured that I’ll receive my $400 back after 3-4 business days after returning the car. Then the ACE employee tried to get me to sign the rental paper about the car and its condition without me physically viewing the car, WEIRD!

After refusing to sign the paperwork and demanding that I see the car first, another ACE Employee walked me around the car. I pulled out my cellphone and recorded the whole car in a video. There were a lot of damage to the car. Signed the paperwork and left the lot. On Monday I return the car in the same condition. Today is Thursday, June 6th and I still haven’t not gotten my $400 deposit back. I called and ACE Employee keep telling something different. It went 3-4 days, to 7 days, to 7 -10 business days! When I called my credit card company they confirmed that ACE hasn’t even released the funds. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THEY’RE SCAMMING THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 6, 2024

I booked via Priceline and all prior experiences have been good through them. I've even suggested they remove Ace from vendor list. Our flight into LAX delayed and upon landing I spoke with their customer service we might be 30 minutes late (after their closing) but I was led to believe that was no problem. After taking a taxi to the LAX off site, we found 4 male associates at office, we were relieved thinking they'd waited for us. They were rude, wouldn't process our prepaid reservation and another couple was walking off lot with same problem. Worst location ever too, but cab driver took us down to a well lit Hertz, where they gladly and smoothly rented us a car instead of stranding us amidst a homeless caravan area at 10pm like Ace was. Though after reading others' reviews maybe this was a blessing.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 1, 2024

***AVOID, DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS CROOKED, BAIT-AND-SWITCH, UNETHICAL TRASH COMPANY.*** Save yourself the extra 40 or 50 bucks up front and avoid this place like the plague, the employees at the location are bottom of the barrel scum, their corporate “customer service” people are even worse. This place is the epitome of “bait-and-switch”, their entire business model revolves around under-cutting their competitors rates online, and then when you arrive to actually rent your car, they up-charge you no matter what and if you don’t agree to their brand-new terms on the spot, guess what? You don’t have a rental car, so you’re going to be stuck paying double for an “upgrade” regardless of what you paid up front through Kayak, Trivago, Priceline etc. when you were booking.

This place is so low-rent you can’t even get there directly from LAX like you can with every other car rental company nearby, with this pathetic operation you’re forced to make 2 shuttles at 2 different locations just to get to this disgusting office that is 15 feet away from a massive homeless encampment - - when you get there, they make you wait endlessly to talk to a 2-bit scam-trained employee that will hustle you through all of their shady up-charges via an iPad.

The iPad rep who scammed me was named “M**vin” and I’m sure he moonlights as a fake IRS/Microsoft/Apple Support gift-card scam caller. The actual phone number for the location they provide you does not have a live person available whatsoever, their “reps” are 9-5’ers offsite somewhere. It seems like the ONLY thing(s) the employees of Ace Car Rentals are good at are:

- Scamming/lying to customers.

- Responding to negative reviews here and on the BBB website.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsCoverageSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed May 31, 2024

I want to help any consumer avoid the scam that is Ace Rent a Car, I only wish I'd known myself how horrible this place is to rent a car or put down a credit card. Take the bad reviews of this rental place seriously and run in the opposite direction, rent from anyone else. ACE Rent A Car is a scam! They double charged us for our rental, we had paid in full through Priceline ($156) and then ACE charged us again ($263), promising it was just for a "deposit" except it was not a deposit after all. Additionally, their representative explicitly said we would not be charged for a second driver, yet they charged us for a second driver and refused to refund this. We asked for liability insurance, and they snuck in two other insurance fees even though we said NO.

We, unfortunately, trusted this place and only noticed the fees once we returned the car when they also snuck in an $80 gas fee for returning the car half-empty, which is how they gave it to us. We raised these issues in-store when returning the car and they told us to call/email and JJ would review the audio to verify that we were scammed and overcharged. Neither JJ nor a representative from Ace Rent a Car responded to our email or contacted us. Don't be fooled by this joke of a place and save yourself the trouble of mystery fees and being overcharged! When we returned the car and asked to dispute the charges, the people in front of us were doing the exact same because their rental agent had also snuck in mystery insurance they hadn't agreed to, lucky for them they found it before taking the car out!

Don't trust ACE Rent a Car, and don't do business here. If you are willing to risk it, review your agreement multiple times before taking out the car, because they seem to make a game out of finding opportunities to overcharge and scam their customers. There is no benefit or value-add to using Ace Rental a Car, the fact you have to inconveniently take two shuttles to get here, and then get overcharged is unbelievable.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 30, 2024

My experience at ACE Rent A Car was OK until I returned my car. I prepaid through Priceline but ended up paying more than twice what I prepaid due to add on junk fees and insurance that I declined. I showed proof of insurance and initialed the decline box. I did not know they were going to charge me 33.99 a day (for 10 days) until I was emailed the final bill after I returned the car. When I called them they said I did not show my ins declaration page so I was charged. They never asked for it and the agent never stated I needed anything else when I showed my proof of insurance. If they had I could have showed the declaration page since it was available via my ins app, which is how I showed them the proof of insurance. As others are stating, I strongly advise against renting from them and will not be recommending their services to anyone. Also, not happy with Priceline for sending me to ACE to be taken advantage of.

Price

Reviewed May 28, 2024

If you want hidden fees, pressure tactics, and “repairs” that will cost you $1000s, then Ace is the place for you. If not then STAY AWAY. Horrible service, no integrity, DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY. If for some reason you do, photograph every single inch of that car to dispute made up repairs later on.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 27, 2024

So Ace closes at 5:30 in Maui. Unlike every other rental car place in Maui. That means if your flight changes like mine did and you arrive on any of the many flights that arrive after 5 well you will not have a car until the next day. No one will answer the phone and no one will be there when you pay for a Uber to their business. Imagine how we felt when we were told by multiple people at the airport that this happens all the time and people are left stranded and forced to rent a car for 1 night from any of the other rental car places all of which stay open until the last flight comes in. According to Ace most people don’t have a problem with it. They just wait at the airport all night and pick the vehicle up at 8am. Really? Let me pay $600 a night for a resort and not get to enjoy it the first night. The airport is nice but I would think most people are extremely mad like I was when they are stranded.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed May 12, 2024

The experience at ACE Rent A Car was extremely disappointing. Despite booking a car for a week, the receptionist was rude and unprofessional. Even after providing proof of insurance coverage, he refused to release the rental car and insisted on receiving personal information via email. This lack of customer service and trustworthiness makes ACE Rent A Car the worst choice for car rentals. I strongly advise against renting from them and will not be recommending their services to anyone.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 25, 2024

Well, the car ran and got good gas mileage that’s about all the ‘good’ I can say. There were times when I felt like I didn’t know if I was going to make it through my trip with the car. You can tell that it clearly had been in an accident or something and then fixed is now being used as a rental. I got in and noticed immediately that it smelled like smoke and I suppose that can be a subjective thing, but there was also a burn hole in the driver seat.

When I got to the airport I noticed that they aren’t on site like all the other rental car facilities, they are offsite. You have to call for a shuttle and they come get you to go get your vehicle. So, I did that. When I called for the shuttle, I was told it would be 5-10 minutes and to wait in zone one. I asked one of the crossing guards exactly where to stand and she told me so I stood there and waited. After about 20 minutes I did see the Ace shuttle come flying through the 2nd lane without even thinking about stopping! I waited for a couple of minutes thinking perhaps it was a mistake and he was going to swing back around or something but when no one came after about 3 minutes or so, I called back.

It was at this point that the girl who answered the phone was so incredibly rude it blew me away. I told her what happened and she rudely told me that I must be standing in the wrong place or the wrong airport because the shuttle was just there. I said yes I saw that the shuttle just flew through here without even stopping, she said that she would send the shuttle back and I wasn’t standing in the right place then I must not be at the right airport and hung up on me! I was totally blown away that someone who acts like that has a front facing position dealing with customers.

Then the unfortunate and uncomfortable displeasure of being shuttled to the location where I got to deal with the young lady who treated me that way on the phone, but didn’t apologize for treating me that way on the phone. And I didn’t say anything until after my rental experience was over because I didn’t want it to affect me getting my deposit back, but I feel like I purposely got the worst rental car available on the lot because of it. The whole experience is really unfortunate, especially after the last 24 hours of travel leading up to that point and everything I had been through to get to Charlotte. I was exhausted and just wanted to get to the place where I was staying.

Anyway, I could barely see the speedometer or the gas indicator. I don’t know how or why the inside plastic was so dirty or whatever but you can’t see or even clean it. The car was dirty inside and smelled of smoke. I did take a couple pictures just to protect myself in case they said that I returned it and that way. And then I actually had to clean a couple things myself because it was just that bad. There were a couple times when it started making weird noises and I was a little worried that I wasn’t going to make it back from one of the day trips I took. So, that was my experience with Ace rental unfortunately.

ACE Rent A Car author review by Lauren Fix

ACE Rent A Car has grown from a neighborhood car wash into a rental company with more than 350 locations worldwide. It focuses on top leisure destinations for vacation rentals.

• Easy rewards program: With the ACE Rental Genius program, for every dollar spent, participants earn points. As the points add up, customers can earn a higher tier, letting them get eight percent off instantly. There are no black out dates for rewards program.

• Points for prizes: In addition to instant discounts and higher tiers, customers can spend their accumulated rewards points on products like Xbox ONE and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

• Valet service: ACE offers valet parking and fast shuttle service at airports to make travel easier and less stressful.

• Reservation look-up: If travel plans change, customers can easily find and adjust a reservation with their confirmation number and email address.

• Early booking: Many companies only take reservations six months in advance, but with ACE, travelers can reserve a vehicle up to a year in advance.

• Car Selection: Most locations offer economy cars, compact sedans, full-sized cars and luxury cars. Some locations offer minivans, 12/15-passenger vans, SUV’s, trucks or specialty vehicles.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, The Car Coach®, is a nationally recognized automotive expert, sector analyst, journalist, author, keynote speaker and television host. A trusted car expert, Lauren provides an insider’s perspective on a wide range of automotive topics and aspects, energy, industry, consumer news and safety issues. Her analysis is honest and straightforward. Lauren is the CEO of Automotive Aspects and the Editor-in-Chief of Car Coach Reports, a global automotive news outlet. She is an automotive contributor to national and local television news shows including Fox News, Fox Business, CNN International, The Weather Channel, Inside Edition, Local Now News, NewsMax, The Daily Flash show and more.

ACE Rent A Car Company Information