1.03/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

320 ACE Rent A Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

We recently rented a car through Expedia and unfortunately got ACE. First time using this company. We rented the car and paid our bill and one week later we're assessed $53.00 more on our charge! No explanation! We left the car, checked in, as we found it. No damage, full tank of gas. No toll violations. Nothing. NOW, have been trying with Expedia and on our own to get in touch with ACE to resolve this issue. Have made many calls. Expedia stated that they cannot reach them as well. After numerous calls, messages and frustration, I finally reached someone who said they would open a case. We shall see.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Don't do it. We had to have the tires replaced on our rental van because of how horrible they were, of course we only realized this after we were several hours away from the office. Never got our calls to the AVR (Airport Van Rental)/ACE office returned, we had to keep calling. Then when we returned the van the AVR/ACE lady behind the counter took no responsibility and picked a fight with my wife because she felt we were attacking her for expecting basic customer service and a callback. Isn't that your job? We expect some discount for the half day my wife spent in the middle of her trip on the phone and getting the tires changed. We'll see if that actually happens. Nothing yet. Don't do it. Pay a little more and get the service you deserve.

I called the ACE Customer service to get some help...not so much. They can't access much of anything in their system, and they just sent me back to the AVR/ACE location. I asked if they knew who the manager was so I could speak to them when I called. They had no idea...no idea...just gave me an email address to use. ACE's mission: "Since 1966, the most important part of the ACE mission has been the service of our customers. Come and discover how our award-winning service sets us apart." Not happening with their customer service...and definitely not at the DFW ACE/AVR place. Not so much.

Get expert buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I rented through Hotwire and unfortunately got ACE. When I arrived at Orlando International I was told to go to B12. After half hour the Ace Van appeared. We arrived at the Ace rental counter as I listened to the high pressure tactics that were presented to the other renters. What they said was a lie as you do not need a responder unless you are traveling to South Florida. They brought a Nissan Sentra for me to check out. Everything visibly looked good. Unfortunately I got a tire with a screw and a slow leak. Since I owned Nissans the low air pressure was on. I went to a service station and filled up the tires but the light still was on. I traveled to Tampa and back with no problems.

On the third day again checked the tires and got air in Orlando. The next day I went to Lauderdale and when I arrived the tire was almost flat so I went to a tire station. They charged me 25 dollar to repair the tire. Saturday I returned the car to Ace and the girl scanned the bill and entered in their system. They said to call Monday and talk to Customer Service. It was a joke as no one answered. Frustrated I called Hotwire. She finally got through and informed me the person at Ace refused to give her name. I talked with this person who eventually just said I should have known the screw was in the tire. She then abruptly hung the phone up on me. I am warning do not go to Ace in Orlando. They are the worst I have ever dealt with. My name is Lou ** from Johnstown Pa.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I would encourage anyone that rents from Ace to be EXTRA diligent in ensuring the fuel level, existing damage, rental rates and insurance options are all documented accurately before leaving their facility. Based on my experience, and conversations I overheard Ace representatives having with other customers when they were returning their car, I left with the feeling that the company encourages their employees to be very aggressive in trying to capture extra revenues from customers that didn't ensure that all of the terms of the rental contract were written as expected, and, that pre-existing damage to the vehicle was documented before leaving their lot.

In other words, I would not just hop in the car and go when renting from Ace. Further, I would take the time to photograph any existing damage to the car, and make sure it is documented on their forms before leaving their facility. Personally, I will not use this company again, as I do not care for how they do business.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Please do not rent from this place - I am begging everyone that if you want to keep your smile for your vacation - DO NOT, I beg you, do not rent from Ace Rent A Car in Atlanta airport. It's locally own and if you have issues with the car you will NOT have help from the customer service line. You will have to deal with only them and they will NOT help you. They will overcharge you, give you a car with over 50000 miles, bad breaks! When we called and told them that the car breaks wouldn't stop in the rain, they said, "Take it to a shop and we will have a manager call you soon." WELL they never called and NEVER once cared about trying to get the car fixed! We had to get family members whom we were visiting due to our mom being ill with cancer for the 5th TIME! ACE IS HEARTLESS AND FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT RENT FROM THEM!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I rented a car through Hotwire.com, which I have never done before. I noticed my rental was through ACE only when I got to the airport in Portland, Oregon. I was flying into Newark. I can't complain about the shuttle because it did take a while, but it actually picked me up. What I'd like to address is the lying. I picked up a 2014 Jetta Volkswagen the February 8th. Luckily, I made it to my destination 1 hour and 45 minutes away, but as I was driving the "Oil Change" was flashing. I checked the oil, and it was fine but this means the car needs maintenance, obviously. Oh, and it had 60,000 miles on it! Woof!

February 9th came around and the car was starting up very weirdly. It wouldn't turn over. I finally gave it gas and it turned on- this was obviously concerning. It was too late at that point to call the rental place so I waited until February 10th. I called ACE on Sunday, February 10th and by this time, the car would not even start! The lights were flickering on and off and starter wouldn't turn over. So, I clearly couldn't use this vehicle. No one apologized for anything that happened, they told me "I'm not sure what to tell you, Newark location is closed, try tomorrow." This means I was unable to use the car again. Monday the 11th I call the office, they do not answer the phone until 9:45 am, their hours are 8:30 am...not sure what happened here.

I tell "Nel" what is going on, and that the battery may be dead. He tells me it is a new battery, it should be fine and to jump it and if I have to pay for it they will reimburse me. At this point I did not trust this company, luckily I have AAA. I called my AAA, a knowledgeable man shows up, tests my battery. He asks me to turn the car on and off. The car starts with the jump, but won't hold a charge. He checks the alternator as well, and the alternator was fine. AAA gives me a print out of where my battery should be, and where it is. The man tells me my battery is a bad battery. I have proof it is, and I send this picture to the company as well as left it in the car.

I called ACE back and Nel tells me (while Barb, his manager is yelling in the background what to say to me) that I am wrong, and that AAA just wants to sell me a battery. The audacity. I am getting very impatient now. Nel tells me to buy a new battery, and I would have to finance it and they will reimburse me. I refuse because again, I clearly don't trust this company. They then tell me a mechanic will be at my house within 2 hours. I have a flight to catch in Newark in 3 hours, so did not want to risk missing it. I left the keys in the car and left the print out of the battery status from AAA in the car. I also sent videos of what the car was doing to ACE.

Today, on Tuesday the 13th I get an EMAIL from Barb saying "I must have left the light on, the car started fine when the mechanic got there." They will not reimburse me, and Barb even said they gave the car to someone else today. I really hope this person makes it to where they have to be because I was only lucky due to the fact I have family that was able to drive me to the airport since AAA told me if I stop anywhere with the car, the battery likely won't start again.

PLEASEEE stay away from this company. It caused me so much stress and wasted time I could have had visiting family. I never leave poor reviews, but I'm truly disgusted by this company.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

These guys should be investigated. Terrible service and rude to begin with. Bait and switch, super rude guy tried to say a Ford focus and a Prius are the same thing. Demanded cash at the counter for unlimited Miles despite Travelocity site saying unlimited. The cars are off the junkyard lot along with the professionalism of her staff. At no point did I trust them and after being forced to sign a million forms saying I would pay for smoke and a bunch other things I had no way of contesting if they arbitrarily decided to claim, I was told I was not the kind of customer they wanted and tore up my contract. They knew they were scammers and I would end up being a problem. Good for both of us. They are so crooked they don't even know they are obvious scammers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I rented and paid for a car on Hotwire.com before finding out my rental company was Ace. A quick scan of reviews would have told me to stay far away. We waited nearly an hour for a shuttle to the facility, but it never came. I called five times to find out the status of the shuttle. Two of those times it just went to voicemail! I don’t know if they ever intended to send a shuttle, because by booking through Hotwire, they already got their money. I sat on the phone with Hotwire for 45 minutes, trying to get my money back, but Ace kept LYING to them telling them the shuttle was running smoothly and I just must have been in the wrong place. I wasn’t!

I waited exactly where their directions told. Eventually we couldn’t wait any longer with our hungry, tired infant son. DO NOT rent from this company! And Hotwire needs to end this contract, as I will never book with them again either for taking the side of these criminals over a school teacher and mother just trying to get her money back for services never rendered.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I have been renting cars for 35 years and never experienced such a situation as a firm trying to extort money/cash from you at a rental car place. I had a prepaid reservation through Carrentals.com. They were 45 minutes late in opening. When they finally showed up, no apology and he asked for my insurance information which I provided, because I didn't buy insurance through him, he said his credit card terminal was down and I needed to go across the street to the seedy liquor store to get cash for the deposit. I suggested since I prepaid using my credit card to just use that or call another branch to use their terminal or call the credit card company. I had 4 additional credit cards I could have used. He demanded and tried to intimidate me in going to the liquor store to get cash instead of a credit card. He wanted cash and wouldn't take a credit card. It was straight EXTORTION trying to get me to give him cash! Extortion.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We booked a number of rentals with Ace through Rentalcars.com for our three month stay in New Zealand. The first we were given was a very tired Nissan with well over 100,000 on the clock and smell to match. The second was supposed to be a Toyota with capacity for two suitcases but turned out to be a tired Mazda with boot space for only 1 suitcase! There was no choice apparently. On the second day of the rental the central locking froze and we were unable to use the car until someone passing suggested we put the remote in the sun for a few minutes - hey presto it worked - but a few days later the car again locked us out.

We called Ace who put us onto the AA and when the mechanic turned up he diagnosed a faulty remote control and showed us how to override the remote. We lost a lot of time over these delays and the absence of the offer of a replacement car so we canceled all of the future bookings with Ace Car Rental. They should be called “Rent a Wreck” for the knackered cars they push out to unwitting customers. I would NEVER rent from Ace EVER again! The staff are lovely but their cars are total crap.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have rented from at least 5 Rental agencies in Tampa. ACE cars are inferior. The car I rented had 35,000 miles on it. It was very basic - didn't even have auto lights! I had to spend 1/2 hour taking pictures and documenting the scratches. (Never had to do this myself with any other rental car company.) I couldn't add the car to my Sunpass because there were outstanding tolls. They charged more $ to my credit card than my agreement. I have made several calls to inquire about this.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

On 10-18-18 confirmation email was received from Ace Rent A Car regarding our reservation for a 15-passenger van that we needed in order to transport a group of 15 people when visiting LA to see the Rose Bowl parade. Plan was to arrive at 3:30 pm on 12-29-18. Actually arrived at 3:15 pm. After waiting in line and witnessing poor customer service provided to those in line ahead of me, it finally was my turn. I provided reservation info but was told that they did not have a 15 passenger van for us. They said that the largest vehicle available was a 12 passenger van.

When I pointed out the obvious fact that we reserved a 15 passenger van AND that they confirmed that said van would be available, they said "...the confirmation says '15 passenger or similar'.” When I asked where the 15 passenger van we reserved was, they said that the customer who currently had it had not yet returned it. They asked "Do you want me to call them to see how soon they will arrive?" I said yes. They called and was told that the current customer was, at that time, still in Las Vegas with a van that they were supposed to have returned to Ace Rent a Car in Los Angeles prior to 3:00 p.m.!!!

By the way, 12 passenger is similar to 15 passenger only to the extent that they both can carry more than 11 passengers!!! I had 14 people waiting for me to return to the airport to pick them up so we could begin our visit in LA. Consequently, we had to rent a second vehicle (from and ACE competitor) in order to accommodate our entire group of 15. Based on my experience, it seems obvious that attempting to reserve a vehicle in advance with Ace Rent A Car is a waste of time and effort!!! The reservation confirmation is absolutely worthless!!! If atrocious customer service is acceptable to you, then Ace Rent A Car is the place to go. I certainly will never consider attempting to rent from them in the future.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I signed up for car rental online, it stated shuttle to pick up car. When I arrived in Los Angeles and proceeded to car rental pick up area, no sign of ACE on signs so I went back inside to ask information who told me I had to catch a Metro Green bus and then wait for shuttle to Ace location. Well, several green buses went past (20 mins. between buses) all full and not allowing people on. Finally, spent $20 on taxi cab to take me to rental place (called Ace several times and was finally given the address of the location).

Arrived at Ace late because of bus issue, then was told my car had been given out but that they had another car which though was going to be $70 for an upgrade. I protested on video link with someone who told me he was the manager stating issue with transportation from airport but to no avail. I had to pay the additional $70. Then three days before I returned the car, the check oil light was coming on. Maybe there is a lack of maintenance here too. Overall a horrible experience and I will never rent from Ace again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

The day after returning my rental car to the ACE location that we picked up from, I received a call from an ACE agent asking if we intended to return the car, which I stated that we had returned the car to the same location, and noted the time of the return. There was no follow through from the rental agency end, so I had to contact American Express to report the incident, fearing that the car had been stolen. I am in hopes of receiving a final statement from the rental location that all has been rectified, but have not as of yet. Not a good situation for a customer to be in.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased additional insurance with Expedia when making my reservation. The agent in Tampa Int Airport refused to provide me with a rental when I said I have additional insurance with Expedia and my MasterCard as well. I was left stranded in the Airport without a rental car! No warning is mentioned in Ace Rental Car advertisement on purchasing mandatory coverage on their rentals... making this a form of bait and switch advertisement. They force you to purchase their additional insurance and if you refuse (like I did) then you are left stranded in the airport. This is completely wrong on so many levels!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I booked a car at ACE Rent A Car in Fort Lauderdale via a comparison website; it showed a total cost of c. $600, slightly cheaper than other options. When I showed up 11 pm at the remote location (2 shuttle bus rides) with family in tow after 15hr of flying, I was told that I had to pay an additional $300 for obligatory insurance. Fortunately, I had with me my laptop and was able to prove that my credit card covered for collision and my UK car insurance covered for liability - at which point the clerk simply said "Sorry, we don't take international insurance". The fine print doesn't say this but it was a good excuse to try and force me to pay the extra $300. Fortunately, my patient family held tight with me; we didn't give in, went back to the rental center and rented from another company. Based on my experience - avoid.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I booked and confirmed the rental online for $167.10 and was sent a detailed enumeration of the costs. Imagine my shock when I returned the car and was billed $544.65! When I protested to "manager" Alfredo ** I was met with a scowl, coldness, nastiness and contempt. He said I was charged each day for collision coverage, which I proved via my insurance card, that I had. He was unresponsive, obstinate, and would not help. I recently retired from government service after 27+ years, having done extensive traveling during my career, and know the intricacies of travel quite well in all its aspects.

I state unequivocally that I have never had a worse experience. In addition, 14 years of my career were in management and I would have had Mr. ** written up with recommendation for discipline if he were in my unit as we had a zero tolerance for rudeness and lack of customer service. This experience was horrible and I am appalled at the GREED so evident at ACE. They have lost a potential lifetime customer. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I rented a car from them 12-3 and returned it 12-6... They charged my debit card for a $500.00 which was supposed to be a hold. They rang it up as a sale. My charge is supposed to be $102.00. Today is 12-19 and I still haven't received reimbursement. I called the Newark location today and was told they send a $397.63 reimbursement back to my account on 12-17. I called the bank today and they have no record of it. I supposedly spoke to a manager named Kristina today, who was so rude and condescending. She told me to contact the Newark location. I told her that I had contacted them and they lied to me. She then told me that there was nothing she could do. So I'm actively being ripped off!!!... Stay away from this company.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I am still researching: they billed me $50.54 for a 54 cent toll, ACE representative stated the $50 is what they charge for toll billings. First there are no tolls between here and Tampa that are less than $4.00, and we stopped and paid a cashier at each window so we didn't underpay unless it was their error, how was there a 54 cent toll? The rental agreement nor their website says anything about service charges for tolls. Ripoff. I will be contacting the BBB and the FL State Attorney General's Office.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

The car was filthy inside! Stains all over the seat! DIRTY Car! The customer service was a joke, had to wait for almost an hour to get my car! The sites off the airport grounds. No one to pick us up, (we didn't know it wasn't at the normal rental place.) We had to find a number where they were (had already paid for rental). Once we did called them, and they stated they only picked up every 30 mins. (On the hour and half hour.) It was 10:15 and our rental time was 10 am. So I asked, "Well! Where are you then."

When picked up they use the Ontario International's Hotel in-house pick up. The lady was So rude! When I complained he said, "Yep, ok, ok thanks!" Then laughed! I would Never USE or recommend this company or the Hotel! They made me leave a $150 deposit which I didn't know or told until I signed the paperwork. Plus if you a CA residents it's not unlimited miles. (Like stated) Only out of state! The whole thing was a joke! Run!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

So we rented a car, they advertised on Hotwire they were at an airport location at Ft Lauderdale Florida. They gave us a car with multiple dents then had us sign multiple papers. We had already paid through Hotwire. They held $200 for a deposit and said we would get it all back. They added a plate pass charge for toll booths. We NEVER went through a toll. They still charged us $54.99 anyway. They were rude and would not fix the problem. We even returned their dented car a day early. Horrible personality.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have a service dog. I have all the paperwork to prove he is a legit service dog. I rented a car from ACE and the girl that checked my car I rented out before I left. I brought to her attention that the car had a lot of scratches, dents, the seats were stained and the car stunk of cigarettes. She told me I won't be charged any extra fees because I have a service dog. As long as the car came back clean and full of gas. Not only did I clean the car. I got the cigarette smoke smell out and I cleaned the stains on the seats.

When I went to drop off the car. And mind you, the car was cleaner than when I picked it up. The horrible, mean, racist, manager was going to charge me 117.00 dollars to vacuum a car! I couldn't believe what I hearing. I tried telling him he's a service dog and that the car is clearer than when I picked it up. He didn't want to hear it. He started swearing at me and said if I don't pay the 117.00 dollars that he won't give me the ride to the airport which is part of the service you're suppose to get when you rent a car from them. They give you a ride to the airport.

This manager was so rude. He said and I quote, 'you don't want to pay the 117.00 dollars then find your ** a ride to the airport!' I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I never been treated like this. I said to him, "You're going to charge me 117 bucks to take the car in the back and have one of your workers vacuum the car for 5 minutes to get a few dog hairs out." I kept telling him the car is cleaner than when I picked it up. This manager is easily the rudest person and most arrogant person I ever dealt with. I Told him I'm going to file a complaint and I'm going to call my credit card company and do a stop payment which is exactly what I did. Please everyone. Stay away from this ACE Rent A Car in Ft. Lauderdale. They are a horribly run business.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Rented a car in Las Vegas for a week through Hotwire. Unfortunately got Ace Car hire. If had looked at the reviews before collecting the car would not have dealt with them. Hotwire deal was $220 for 7 day hire, took insurance with Hotwire. Once at desk was told that we need another $300 dollars worth of insurance, disputed this and had to prove I had adequate insurance. They finally allowed this but would not rent the car unless I took their additional liability insurance!

Was then given a set of keys and told to collect car from parking lot - which in Vegas is a bus ride away from the main rental dealers in what can only be described as a shed! The paperwork I was given had no description of any damage to car and no one came to do the customary car rental walk around with me, I took note of the scrapes and scuffs on the bodywork, took photos and went back to speak to the less than helpful staff - who informed me that they don’t bother with anything smaller than a golf ball - they noted the damage I told them about but did not leave the “shed” to look. Only a couple of hours later when settled into the driving experience - UK driver in USA - noted a small chip to windscreen.

Wished had noted earlier. Would have requested another vehicle if had, but no problem. Had insurance. If there was a problem - attempted to contact rental company, was a Sunday evening never managed to speak to anyone. Drove the car for a week, visited the Grand Canyon and friends down in Huntington Beach - did put 1200 miles on car but had unlimited mileage - did verbally double check this. Got the chat about not smoking in the car would be fined if smoked - all non smokers so no problem there?

If car was handed back with marks on upholstery would be fined - no kids in car, no eating in car only water - so no problem there? On return of the car discussed damage noted by us, and the chipped windscreen, no way to prove this was there before we collected the car, had insurance though so no problem there? No manager available to speak to us, would email invoice and contact us if required? Email received later that day - balance on invoice £0.00, no problem there?

No contact from the company so no problem there? The same day Ace Car Rental charged without consultation, discussion or notification another £506.00 to my credit card - what’s the problem? Am now in dispute with them through my credit card company. The car also did not have valid registration plates, this was pointed out to us by our friends in California - it had 30 day transportation plates which had expired! Please be warned. Do not use this company. I cannot agree with other people enough, Avoid Avoid Avoid! Only wish I had seen the reviews sooner and would have paid the extra Bucks to deal with a reputable company - which Ace Car Rental certainly is not! They should be removed from sites like Hotwire/Expedia.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I rented a car at ACE Rent a Car through Hotwire for 4 days. On the website I got a deal for 4 days x $14.27 +$57.07 of taxes and fees $46.69 = $103.76. But when I got to the Agency, they told me I was obliged to get a SLI, even if I got that on my credit card. So if I'm obliged, that means my rate is not the one shown on the website. My total was 243.95, much higher than I was expecting and I felt really bad about that. When I asked the employee if I could use only the insurance from my card, they said no and if I wasn't willing to pay for it, I could search for another company. Very unsatisfied.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I rented a car for my Disney vacation, when I was picking up the car, I was told it had an empty tank of gas and I should return it empty! Really funny. As a tourist in an unfamiliar place, finding a gas station is not one of the first things I wanted to do. They told me there was a gas station just down the street (wonder if they has a kid back deal with them?). I let them know I already had a SunPass for the tolls. They told me and another customer that all of their cars come equipped with SunPass and I should use theirs for $9/day. They also, told me that I would probably be charged twice (mine & theirs) and should only use cash to pay the tolls if I didn’t want theirs. They almost convinced me and I didn’t appreciate the scare tactics used at pick-up. I ended up spending less than $5 on tolls with no doubling of fees as I was told! Unprofessional, and I do not recommend renting from Ace.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I asked to extended the rental. They agreed but did not told me of the rate changed, double what was in the contract. I should have been better taking their car back and rent another car somewhere else or even at their place would have been cheaper. I call the company and it is a location decision. The staff was even laughing at my name as they could not understand it... REALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. PLEASE avoid them at any cost.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

This is my first and last time renting from this company. First of all my rental had been prepaid prior to picking up the car. After arriving at the rental agency and told them my rental and rental insurance had been prepaid was told that didn't go thru and it was not all the charges. When turning in the car asked for a receipt and it was given. Imagine my dismay upon my return home to find two different invoices in my email. So I called my credit card company to dispute the charges and was informed of a 3rd totally different amount that was charged to our account. I would like to dispute all the charges on my account except the original amount posted in June of this year. I am a senior citizen and feel that I have been preyed upon my this dishonest company.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Had the car a week. Yesterday afternoon, 10/1/18, car was completely dead when I tried to start. I called the # on agreement as instructed when there is a breakdown. I was put on hold 5 times at what I assume was the Ft. Lauderdale Airport location I rented from. Agent always answered, "Good morning, welcome to ACE, please hold," and placed me on hold before I could get no halfway out of my mouth. Decided to call the nearest location, West Palm Beach, FL. Actually got to talk to someone and explain the situation. She asked the # I called, I told her, (954)764-1008, she stated that is the wrong # and quickly transferred me. As soon as an agent answered I got the same treatment as stated above. After two more times of waiting through the holding period I hung up.

Additionally, I did not leave the lights on or anything else that would have drained the battery. Today's cars shut those things off automatically anyway. I got a jump start from one of the busboys at our resort. Car did start this morning but barely even though I left it running everywhere I went yesterday afternoon. If I miss my flight two days from now due to this car then there's really going to be a problem. I've spent over two hours now dealing with this car issue on my vacation time and haven't even been able to communicate the problem to anyone. Except the one agent who didn't do anything other than transfer me.

At least the car runs once it's started. Guess I'll just have to plan to leave early enough to account for finding a jump start and get to the airport in time. Ridiculous, but I'm not going to spend the two hours driving to and from Ft. Lauderdale let alone however long it would take ACE to resolve if they even would. Based on the other reviews I've read ACE acts with no integrity on their promises to resolve issues. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RENT FROM ACE RENT A CAR. YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

DO NOT RENT from ACE. I been disputing a charge on a bill for more than 5 months now and when I finally get to someone I was told that the company I rented from is now close and it was privately own so they can't assist me that I need to dispute the charges with my credit card company. Now I'm stuck with 400.oo worst of bill from E-Z PASS and charges and penalty fee for a E-Z PASS that I was told was on the car and will only be charge if it was use which it was but the company refuse to pay for it so I got 5 bills which I don't mind paying but they refuse to waive the penalty fee. E-Z PASS refuse to waive the penalty fee after I try to dispute the charges. Below is my confirmation:

"Confirmation #: **. Pickup Location: LaGuardia Airport. Pickup Date: March 22, 2018. Pickup Time: 06:30 PM. Return Location: LaGuardia Airport. Return Date: March 24, 2018. Return Time: 06:30 PM. Action Car Rental. Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport 37-10 114th street Corona, NY 11368. Call 646-650-2500 for assistance."

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! First we had a confirmation to rent a car from someplace in Calgary on JULY 19, 2018, which was a mistake. We called and changed it to the airport, the lady waived the fee. We arrived at the airport, the rental car people said, "We don't have a reservation for you, your car is in the city at a location a half hour away." Already now behind in our schedule, we took an Uber to the city 40$ ride. We arrive, no car, they put us in a minivan and said we won't have any fee to turn it into the airport location on the 26th.

We get to the airport location to turn in the car, we didn't have the original paperwork to look back at it, because we assumed everything would be taken care of. Of course not, arriving back at our hotel we noticed there is a 150$. So now 40$ Uber and 150$ difference is a ton of money. The supervisor Jared drove us to the hotel and promise me he would take it up with his supervisor (re: Uber ride). He has yet to get back with us and we have yet to get our 150$ waived...

ACE Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

ACE Rent A Car has grown from a neighborhood car wash into a rental company with more than 350 locations worldwide. It focuses on top leisure destinations for vacation rentals.

• Easy rewards program: With the ACE Rental Genius program, for every dollar spent, participants earn points. As the points add up, customers can earn a higher tier, letting them get eight percent off instantly. There are no black out dates for rewards program.

• Points for prizes: In addition to instant discounts and higher tiers, customers can spend their accumulated rewards points on products like Xbox ONE and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

• Valet service: ACE offers valet parking and fast shuttle service at airports to make travel easier and less stressful.

• Reservation look-up: If travel plans change, customers can easily find and adjust a reservation with their confirmation number and email address.

• Early booking: Many companies only take reservations six months in advance, but with ACE, travelers can reserve a vehicle up to a year in advance.

• Car Selection: Most locations offer economy cars, compact sedans, full-sized cars and luxury cars. Some locations offer minivans, 12/15-passenger vans, SUV’s, trucks or specialty vehicles.

• Best for: Those who plan ahead for vacations, business travelers, temporary workers and those who want a wide selection of vehicles.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

ACE Rent A Car Company Information