3.8/5 (406 ratings)

About ACE Rent A Car

ACE Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?

Original review: April 20, 2022

I rented a car in February of 2022 at Tampa international airport and have been battling about how THEY SAID I could use my own sun-pass and yet was charged the $50 admin fee, still fighting this charge!! Just a big headache. Horrible customer service!! Heinous!! Do not rent a car from Ace. They are not honorable, They do not hold to their word, DO not believe anything they say!! They are Liars!! If I could leave zero stars I would. They even then stated after I was told there would be no issues using my sunpass that they are not allowing customers to use their own sunpass. Going against what I was told previously. They are a bunch of liar not holding up to their agreements. I have had the majority of my emails ignored and not replied to. They care more about bottom dollars than keeping customers. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Started with waiting for the shuttle. You watch a few repeat instances of other rental company shuttles passing by as you wait for Ace. The shuttle finally arrives and when you get to the rental company you are greeted by long lines where you wait at least 30 minutes. They apologize but at this point, your rental experience started well over an hour ago. Finally get the car and then there's another line where someone is or taking pictures or video of each car. Added bonus, I had paid when I reserved, they have you pay again and then refund most of it? What the heck is that? I gave 2 stars because the return was normal (easy) and the shuttle was waiting. I'll gladly pay a few more dollars for a normal rental company. At this point, I'm not sure I saved anything at all based on the second charge and pending refund. What a mess! Never again Ace, never ever again.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2022

On April 27, 2022 I rented a car through Priceline for Ace Rental Car in Denver. When I arrived to told them of my reservation. The man at the counter stated that I needed to provide a deposit in addition to the payment through Priceline. He told me that he needed a $479 deposit for coverage of the rental. Needing the rental I applied the deposit to my reservation, when he told me I would get it back. I returned the car on time on April 3 and was told the deposit would be refunded.

Today 4/6 I called six different numbers to finally get with the Denver office who told me it was NOT a DEPOSIT but was for insurance coverage of the vehicle. So I paid for the car rental through Priceline and auto coverage through Priceline and now ACE told me the additional deposit was for auto coverage. I guess the good old bait and switch is still very good for BAD COMPANIES!!!! I should have known the price through Priceline was not the real price, as ACE needed $654 for a $175 rental.

To be short to the point, the counter man lied to get additional money for ACE. He probably got a commission on the additional "auto coverage" that I did not need. They would not rent me the car without this credit card deposit. I warn everyone to watch out for Ace Rental Cars as their price may seem good only to screw the customer!!!! Thank you Ace for screwing me!!!!

Original review: April 4, 2022

Rented a van 01/2022 at MIA. I declined their insurance coverage. They use an electronic signature pad. Representative said declined as I was signing. Turns out she lied. Then there was an additional $200 on the paperwork. Representative said it would be refunded when the van was returned. That did not happen. No answer when I attempted to call. Shame on me for not reading the paperwork more thoroughly. Shame on them for their dishonesty.

Original review: March 30, 2022

This place is a complete scam. They advertise great prices for 4 wheels drive (Toyota rav4). But when you pick up a vehicle they say it’s 2 wheels drive. Then they upgrade a car and price jump from $40 to $120 a day. We ended up with an old jeep (60k miles) for 120$ Plus tax a day. This car was in bad tech condition (Brakes and steer weren't functional). Trip from Vail to Denver took us 6 HOURS, a few times we almost got in deadly accident.Totally scam!!!! It happened not only to us, but to everybody who was in front of us on line at reservation desk. Never again!!! Go with decent car rental company, for better price you will rent new car without scamming.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I rented a car for six days and paid through Priceline who paid Ace. The lines were long and unorganized. After 30 minutes I finally got the car. The following day I had an incident with the car and was directed to return the car to Ace. They kept my money and wouldn’t switch me into another car! I lost out on $300 and had to pay an additional $600 to another rental car company. Essentially, Ace left me stranded and carless in LA! Beware of Ace! I will never use Ace again!!

Original review: March 4, 2022

Priceline should kick this company to the curb. Prepaid for a car rental at Ace to be picked up at TPA. “Sorry we don’t have any cars, and we don’t think we’re getting any”. Now we are at the mercy of the rest of the rental agencies at the airport that smell blood and know you’re in dire straits.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Only giving 1 star because I'm required before posting a review. HORRIBLE! And LIARS! Rented a car at the Las Vegas location. Desk agent said that our state (Tennessee) recently passed a law requiring that we purchase insurance. I wasn't aware of any such new law so we purchased for this reason and this reason only. Their Las Vegas office is located off site from the McCarran Rent-A-car Center and we had no other transportation back to the McCarran Rent-A-car Center to use another company.

Once we arrived home, I check with my local lawmakers. NO SUCH LAW EXIST! Also, I confirmed with my automobile insurance (Farm Bureau) that we are covered with rental cars. Company refuses to refund my money spent purchasing insurance because their agent is a LIAR. Disputed with my bank. I rented the car through rentcars.com and have filed a complaint with them against ACE. Filed a complaint with the BBB. Filed a complaint with their corporate office. Filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. ACE keeps responding to my reviews claiming someone will contact me. And I'm finding they continue to lie. No one reaching out, as they claim.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

After booking months in advance, and receiving a confirmation email, when I arrived at the San Diego airport, everyone who had been waiting in line for 30 minutes were told that they had sold out of cars! So, what do you do when you are at the airport and you need a car? Rent one from another agency for three times the price. This place needs to be closed. How dare they? I had a contract with them. The agreement isn't just on my part that I pay the money. They have also agreed to provide a car. I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau. Unhappy customer.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Although it looks cheap, we paid more than double the price with the experience. After waiting for over an hour at the airport, we were finally picked up at a bus. We thought that would be it, but no. After that, we took a sketchy van to the Ace Rent a Car lot. The whole time we were shoved in together. Finally, when my family and I arrived at the Ace Rent a Car lot, we were surprised to see that there were no actual people in the building besides the ‘customers’. All of the people who were supposedly working were on a Zoom call. It was a mess. To add to my suspicions, the entire store was lined with a poorly executed one-way-mirror illusion. After waiting for more hours, my family canceled our payment and ran down the road to get a new rental car.

ACE Rent A Car author review by Lauren Fix

ACE Rent A Car has grown from a neighborhood car wash into a rental company with more than 350 locations worldwide. It focuses on top leisure destinations for vacation rentals.

• Easy rewards program: With the ACE Rental Genius program, for every dollar spent, participants earn points. As the points add up, customers can earn a higher tier, letting them get eight percent off instantly. There are no black out dates for rewards program.

• Points for prizes: In addition to instant discounts and higher tiers, customers can spend their accumulated rewards points on products like Xbox ONE and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

• Valet service: ACE offers valet parking and fast shuttle service at airports to make travel easier and less stressful.

• Reservation look-up: If travel plans change, customers can easily find and adjust a reservation with their confirmation number and email address.

• Early booking: Many companies only take reservations six months in advance, but with ACE, travelers can reserve a vehicle up to a year in advance.

• Car Selection: Most locations offer economy cars, compact sedans, full-sized cars and luxury cars. Some locations offer minivans, 12/15-passenger vans, SUV’s, trucks or specialty vehicles.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

ACE Rent A Car Company Information