2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.70/5

ACE Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?

Original review: April 11, 2021

I wish I could give this company zero stars. Horrible experience. Horrible customer service. Was charged $120 to use a booster seat and was NEVER informed I would be charged or I never would have used!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Booked a car rental on March 14 for a van for April 1st. I received a call 2 days before my booking to confirm. I confirmed my reservation and then the day of my trip (4hrs before I was supposed to pick up the van) someone called me to tell me that they had no cars left to rent. What a horrible experience. Never renting from them. I had to pay double from another company because we had no car. Don’t rent from them.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I arrived at San Diego California airport around 10:30PM. I informed the rental company that I was arriving late. When I arrived, I took the shuttle to the rental facility. I asked an employee where to find the ACE rental center. He told me it was offsite and was probably closed. I made several phone calls with different numbers that were given to me by employees to no avail. No one could give me the correct answer. So what was I to do. I am at the rental center with no vehicle. I had to go to another rental facility to rent whatever I could get at the time. I originally wanted the SUV from ACE and had to settle on a KIA car which cost me 3 times the amount of money.

This company is not reputable. They informed me to communicate with them through Booking.com which I did and then was informed I had to communicate with the rental center which was impossible to find. I want my money back and am getting nowhere with this company. They offer cheap vehicles, well good luck because they are not the best to deal with.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Rented a car from these guys at Ft. Lauderdale airport during Spring Break. They did not honor the rental price already agreed to and paid for via Priceline. In addition, they lied about the additional charge, telling me to was a "deposit" while it was a full 50% increase in the final price. Never, ever use Ace!

Original review: March 24, 2021

Reserved car on Hotwire. They charged over $100 more than reserved price, and didn't hold a car for Us. Their reason was I arrived more than 4 hrs. after the arrival time I stated. I will not rent from them again.

Original review: March 13, 2021

We booked a reservation for Ace Rent A Car online, was supposed to be the best rates in the area $177 for 5 days. When we arrived the employee said he "found our reservation". Asked my husband to sign a blank digital screen, not mentioning the price or any new add ons once. Then he printed off the receipt with a total of $678. I asked him about the added charges and he waved me away asking for the next customer. Completely awful experience. We argued with him and customer service online. Received a $200 deposit fee back (says nowhere on the receipt that it's a deposit). Still paid over $400 for what was supposed to be $177.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I rented a Dodge Caravan at ACE on 2/13/21 at 9 pm. When I get there they said they don't have a van but I already reservation and they give me Sentra Blue but we got 5 people. I got no choice but charged me total for the Caravan 261.80 and the Sentra Blue 216.46 and never refund my left money. I want it now or I will sue your guy .... ASAP....

Original review: March 1, 2021

I reserved a rental online for $97.71, paid 23.72 upfront. I was to pay $74.19 at pick up. They charged me $210.16 not including the 23.72. I didn't ask for LDW. I have AAA. TRAVELING NURSES LOOK ELSEWHERE!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

This was literally the worst car rental experience we have ever had! We had a family emergency and we were nowhere near Tampa airport on the day our rental was due back. We called...left messages...with no response...and finally had corporate email them to let them know of the circumstances. Apparently, you have to go to the actual office at the airport to continue your rental. They claimed it was in the paperwork we signed. I found the "so called" paperwork shoved between the seats...WITHOUT my signature on it. Our rental was originally $46 a day... They informed me it would cost $200 to keep it for an extra night. Then when we received our invoice...they charged us $385! It cost us just under $700 for a 4 day car rental. I was screamed at by the manager..disrespected and belittled. When emailing billing...they completely stopped responding. If I could give this company negative starts..I would.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I NEVER take out CDW on any car I rent. I don't need to since I have my OWN. I told the person taking my info. She tells me to check boxes and sign on the screen, that's it's just the basic rental. There was a lot of problems going on at all of the desks checking people in. When I got my bill they Charged me for CDW and more, that I told her I didn't want. I call and left a message for the manager WHO DIDN'T BOTHER TO CALL ME BACK. I don't like being Baited and Switch with anybody, buy these place is a total RIP OFF.

ACE Rent A Car author review by Lauren Fix

ACE Rent A Car has grown from a neighborhood car wash into a rental company with more than 350 locations worldwide. It focuses on top leisure destinations for vacation rentals.

• Easy rewards program: With the ACE Rental Genius program, for every dollar spent, participants earn points. As the points add up, customers can earn a higher tier, letting them get eight percent off instantly. There are no black out dates for rewards program.

• Points for prizes: In addition to instant discounts and higher tiers, customers can spend their accumulated rewards points on products like Xbox ONE and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

• Valet service: ACE offers valet parking and fast shuttle service at airports to make travel easier and less stressful.

• Reservation look-up: If travel plans change, customers can easily find and adjust a reservation with their confirmation number and email address.

• Early booking: Many companies only take reservations six months in advance, but with ACE, travelers can reserve a vehicle up to a year in advance.

• Car Selection: Most locations offer economy cars, compact sedans, full-sized cars and luxury cars. Some locations offer minivans, 12/15-passenger vans, SUV’s, trucks or specialty vehicles.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

ACE Rent A Car Company Information