3.6/5 (552 ratings)

About ACE Rent A Car

ACE Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

ACE Rent A Car Maui Used my credit card to charge me $200 extra for sand in the vehicle. Took my family to the beach. Were in Maui, why would there not be sand in the car... Ridiculous!

www.acerentacar.com
445 Kele St, Kahului, HI 96732

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Scam alert! Do not use ACE Rent A Car. On December 21, 2022, my family and I rented a car from ACE Rent a Car near the Orlando, FL airport. The gentleman who worked with us, **, told us that the car had a small chip in the windshield, but that the vehicle would be safe to drive. To be clear, as you can see in the photos, the chip is very small and was most likely caused by a pebble or small rock kicked up from the road by another vehicle. Any clear-headed individual would attest that this was not user error.

Upon returning the vehicle, ACE tells us we'd have to pay $200 for the repair (actual costs for this repair varies between $50 - $150). A few days later we received an email from their Claims Representative **, with a $2,000 bill to cover the costs of, I assume, replacing the windshield. I called ** who tells me that that's just a formality and not to worry about it. That afternoon, our credit card was charged $200. Frustrated but helpless, we assumed the matter was now behind us. But alas, it was not. Today we received a follow-up from ** informing us that they want their $2,000.

Get buying tips about Rental Cars delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

I've been dying to leave this review. I can overlook a bad attitude or poor interaction with staff and I'm the last guy to take time writing reviews, but the absolute bait and switch practices of this company are insane. So much in fact that after genuine banter through the paperwork I could noticeably hear the rental agent's tone change when giving me my total. I rented a car online and was told $180 would be due at pickup.

I knew there would be more taxes/charges/fees but nowhere near what they hit me with at the counter, total ~$660 to take the car. Of that is a $300 deposit that was never mentioned anywhere beforehand, $55 to pay tolls by plate ID (which isn't a horrible idea) and $99 of their insurance that I'm pretty sure I was duped into believing was mandatory even after I gave them my personal auto insurance information. As dumbfounded as I was I had to pay it cause the location is isolated from any other rental companies and I was dropped off by shuttle. I'm shocked at their audacity to do business like this. I'm telling friends, family and anyone who will listen to stay away from this company.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I booked a rental car with ACE Miami Airport via Expedia in advance. In the early morning on November 2, 2022, at the ACE front desk, the attendant found the reservation, charged me additional tolling fees which he said that every car rental in Florida has to charge, asked about insurance which I declined by giving him my car insurance card, told me to sign the agreement on a small electronic device, handed me the car key and printed agreement including a checkout slip with nothing marked, and then told me "Just go to the ACE parking area, click the key and you will find your car”. It was not difficult to find the car and there was no attendant there. So I did a quick look around myself and saw a few scratches. The car was parked so close to another car on the left, its side mirror folded in and, even though I am a small person, I had to walk side-way to squeeze in and drive the car.

Later when arrived at the hotel, we noticed a small dent on the driver-side like the car was hit by something or kicked by someone. The dent is less visible than the scratches on the other side and it cannot be seen when one stands close to the car and see from top-down. That was the time I realized why the car was parked so close to the other car on the left while there was plenty of space on the other side in the parking area—ACE doesn’t want me to see the dent.

A week later when returning the car, I told the attendant about the dent and scratches. He walked around, agreed with me that the dent was there and they didn’t mark that kind of scratches and the dent, so he marked “Full” (for gas tank) on the checkout slip, handed it back to me, and took the car key. We left. About a week later, I received an agreement via Expedia, which is exactly the same to the copy I got except that total charge has been changed from $401.55 to $601.55 without any reason. Then I checked my credit card and saw 3 charges from ACE: $401.55 on Nov 2, $146.56 on Nov 9, and $53.44 on Nov 10.

Two days later I got an email from Rockport Auto Claims saying that she was assigned to hand my claim with ACE and that she has also emailed some documents to my insurance. I wrote an email to customercare@acerentacar.com and **, cc’ed to the person who sent me the email. I told them what happened. In particular, I said that the small dent was there and Ace parking attendant agreed with me and didn’t mark the scratches and the dent when I returned car. About two weeks later, I got a bill of $5,887.97 from Rockport Auto Claims. This is my first time renting a car from ACE (and the last for sure) and the only bad experience I ever had with any car rentals. In fact, I believe that ACE Rent A Car has commit a fraud.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Always read the bad reviews first, I rented a car at Tampa Airport for a family of 3 Ukrainian refugees who had just arrived, fleeing the raging war. I booked them a Santa Fe or similar for $103 and when they got there they were told they had a Nissan Murano, a larger vehicle and got charged $264! This is outrageous! I contacted ACE Rent a Car and got a reply saying they signed the contract (very little English spoken) and they would not even offer an extra day for free! Deal with it is essentially what they told me. I always rent with Avis or Budget, I have never had a problem with these but I will never use these again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I had a major problem and needed to speak to an ACE representative. I left five messages in two days and never received a callback. When I returned home from my vacation, I finally reached Felix, the manager and was told (Ace Rental in Miami was having phone issues. Well, I called the 800 number which is written on the contract says it is supposed to be a 7 day a week/24 hour service!!! I’m out a lot of money because of their lack of customer service…. Their car rental sites are individually owned but they don’t tell you this…I will NEVER rent from them again!!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Last week we were in NY for a funeral and used ACE LGA we waited so long another rent a car place dropped us off there. When we get there they talking about they don’t have a car in our category we have to upgrade. I said we are on time for our reservation and reserved for that particular category. He proceeds to say, "I’ll give you a free upgrade." The is a basic car with a dent in the back that we received. So this week our brother passed away so we had to come back. Hubby reserved again from same ACE.

From the time we landed and got off plane hubby called and spoke to someone each time letting them know we are terminal A, It took a total of 5 phones calls and 45 mins later someone shows up. And it’s cold outside at this time. We get to the place and the guy talking about they don’t have a car for us because we are late. I said, "We landed at 3:30 and we were waiting outside from 4:12 -5:02." And he just looked nonchalantly as if they didn’t have anything to do with us being late. Granted my husband gave him his name and confirmation each call so they could pull up reservation. We had to make him process a cancellation because it said no refunds etc… Horrible service, basic cars, bad shuttle service. Just a zero all the way around. Save yourself the frustration. We went to Budget and was good.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I Natasha **, am writing this complaint in regards to Ace rental car location located in Charlotte, Nc Wilkerson Location. I have rented a car with Ace Rental car through Priceline beginning on October 24, 2022 due to my car being totaled. My reservation confirmation # **. During this time, I asked the representatives can I extend if needed longer, due to my mom being in the hospital under cancer care. I was told that I can rewrite my contract one time (1) for extension as courtesy as long as I called. The representative Kaja, told me this information, and the first time granted the extension, at my Priceline price. I then needed the car for more time, so I went to the office for a rewrite. Because, I needed an extension again, on new contract, I called in again.

At this time the representative, (manager, not sure of her title) told me I was not entitled to a rewrite, under the Priceline price. I asked her why, due to this being a different contract, and re-write, and she rudely stated that’s Not the price any longer. I explained to her, that I indeed only renting due to my mom being extremely sick, and the constant back, and forth to the hospital, the representative Kaja, told me it will be no problem, as long as I understood that it’s only one extension. She “TAWANDA”, then stated that’s wrong information, and charged my card over $75.00 for the day, and even a late charge, due to me returning a few hours late to re write.

I then made a new reservation, with Priceline to which I spoke to Winnie, on Friday evening about the charges from Tawanda, she explained she will take care of the late charges, and she comes in at 5 pm Saturday, and I can come do the rewrite with her Saturday. I arrived at 7 pm, Saturday evening to find out that Winnie called out sick, and I was left with new employees, that again called Tawanda for help. At this time, she explained that my charges will stay the same, late charges included. Because I did not want to engage in arguing back, and forth I did my new contract, and before leaving, I was told once again “It’s a new contract, I can get one time extension”.

On today Wednesday November 9th, at approximately 3:15 I called ace rental car for extension. The representative, male told me sure, & my charges was $78.59, I said ok. Shortly after, in background, a voice asks The representative a question, he tells me to hold, he then come back stating “his mistake my charge will be $358.00”. I said “excuse me”.? He then gives the phone to a woman, who does not identify herself, then tells me “the charge is $99.00 a day, that the new rate, and she had this conversation with me before”. I stated, I did another contract with Priceline, and she states it doesn't matter, and we discussed this. I then told her, it was explained I was entitled one extension, due to rewrite, and she stated “not at this rate “. I then asked her what was her name, and she said “TAWANDA”, That’s it, she then rudely stated I’m the only Tawanda Here!

In conclusion, let me be clear. This rental car location is the most unprofessional, establishment I’ve ever encountered. My cars have both been visibly damaged, the wait is outrageous, with the exception of Ms Kaja, the staff is unknowledgeable, and rude. I work from home from 9-6, and caring for my mom whom have cancer, and terminally ill. My time schedule is very condensed, so haven’t been able to purchase my new car. That’s the only reason for renting, and extending, due to a very unpredictable schedule.

This Employee Tawanda is unethical, unprofessional, irrational, and have zero customer service professionalism. She speaks to customers condescending, and rude. Not only am I a professional, retired law enforcement, and educated, I’m a human being; that when I spend my money at a establishment, I expect to be treated with respect. Whether that’s a $99.00 a day charge, or a Priceline $ 19.00 a day charge. I have spent several hundreds of dollars with this organization. Tawanda, and Her representation of this organization of a non listener, no empathy, or any customer relations skills, is appalling, and simply sad. I will return my vehicle today, and will Never rent from this organization again. This complaint is respectfully written,

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Rented through Priceline for a car from Ace Rent a Car at LAX is my biggest mistake. After waiting for 45 minutes or so at the designated curb for rental shuttles at LAX, we called the company toll-free number for three times. I explained that we had been waiting for 45 minutes and no signs of the shuttles. She said they were on the way, possibly stuck in traffic. After 20 minutes, still no signs. My kids were tired and hungry, and we took Uber to ACE car lot. At the facility, the check in procedure was horrible. The representative was not friendly and insisted that I have to show him my round trip Airfare ticket. Without it, I couldn't get a car from them. I have no ideas why he needed my airfare info. Also, he was very pushy to sell us their outrageous pricey rental insurance. In short, it was a nightmare at every stop and not worth the headache and stress. I regret renting a car from them and will not come back. Stay away!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I had a question to confirm with the ACE counter representative and each time I called (4 times), I was placed on an over 10 minute hold then hung up on. By the time I chose to move forward with my reservation the price had raised by $10 a night. Extremely dissatisfied with the experience.

ACE Rent A Car author review by Lauren Fix

ACE Rent A Car has grown from a neighborhood car wash into a rental company with more than 350 locations worldwide. It focuses on top leisure destinations for vacation rentals.

• Easy rewards program: With the ACE Rental Genius program, for every dollar spent, participants earn points. As the points add up, customers can earn a higher tier, letting them get eight percent off instantly. There are no black out dates for rewards program.

• Points for prizes: In addition to instant discounts and higher tiers, customers can spend their accumulated rewards points on products like Xbox ONE and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

• Valet service: ACE offers valet parking and fast shuttle service at airports to make travel easier and less stressful.

• Reservation look-up: If travel plans change, customers can easily find and adjust a reservation with their confirmation number and email address.

• Early booking: Many companies only take reservations six months in advance, but with ACE, travelers can reserve a vehicle up to a year in advance.

• Car Selection: Most locations offer economy cars, compact sedans, full-sized cars and luxury cars. Some locations offer minivans, 12/15-passenger vans, SUV’s, trucks or specialty vehicles.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

ACE Rent A Car Company Information