1.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a good rental car company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

248 ACE Rent A Car Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Showed up to rental office at 10:00 pm only to be told that all that was available were “15 passenger vans” or “for an upcharge of $7 per day we can give you a pick-up truck.” I had gone through my contract with a fine tooth comb... "Yaris or similar.” They would not budge, meanwhile others were getting cars. They then claimed part of the problem was because I booked through a “third party provider.” I booked through Orbitz, why should that make a difference? My contract was with Ace. It was awful, stranded with my two kids at 11:30 pm. No compassion, total rip-off! Never again!! They were condescending, rude and liars. Orbitz should completely disconnect from Ace.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I went to Denver on vacation and rented through this company, first the shuttle took longer than fifteen minutes, the car I originally booked weeks in advance and put a hold on and was promised they didn’t even have so I was given something else. A 200$ deposit was taken and promised to be refunded within 3-5 business days, I called after that and was told 7-14 business days and hung up on. After the 14 days I was told there’s a glitch in their system so another 7 business days I would have to wait, and they can’t do anything about it. Horrible customer service and corporate help. I would never suggest this company to anyone or use it ever again. Completely dissatisfied with this unprofessional business they are running.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

This is one of the worst companies my wife and I have ever encountered! Even though we had never heard of them, we decided to rent a car from them in Queens, NY because they appeared on Expedia so we figured they must be a reputable brand. What a mistake! This company preys on people through a combination of lies, bait and switch tactics and deceptive business practices. They were rude and unprofessional throughout all of our interactions with them, and they basically lie at every turn in order to con people into paying more than they should pay.

Unfortunately, getting a beat-up car with really low pressure in one of the tires was the least of our problems. Among other things, they made up ridiculous policies that aren't clearly communicated in order to coerce you into purchasing their "optional" insurance coverage under duress, they lied about the original fuel level and mileage on the vehicle they gave us, they asked us to electronically sign things that refer to external documentation that they won't show you, they won't let you speak with a manager unless it's convenient for them and they didn't tell us they would be closed when we returned the car leaving us potentially vulnerable to even more frivolous charges, which is why we took photos and videos of everything. Ultimately, this company doesn't have an ounce of integrity in them and I would recommend using literally any other rental option that you have available to you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My main objection is the rental I booked on Travelocity was a total price of 206.19. However my total charges for the rental was 354.63!!! The rental site was several miles from the Las Vegas airport and required 2 car rental shuttles to get to the strip mall location. At 11:00 pm the strip mall was very dark and the ACE car rental "office" was in a lobby setting with a cardboard sign of VERVE Car Rental LLC.

There were 3 representatives with no identification or uniforms in this dimly lit lobby area storefront. They tried to upsell me to a different car. They charged me a 100 dollar refundable damage fee. There was no instruction on the car other than they showed me the trunk release. Upon return they told me at the return station that I would get an email receipt and refund of my damage deposit and the shuttle was leaving for the airport. The entire operation appeared shady and unprofessional. DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM ACE car rental in Las Vegas. Stay with a national carrier.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Scheduled car for pickup at Denver airport. Found out at pickup that office did not open until 1 hour after airport opened for flights on day I was leaving. Could not drop car off with keys. Had to be day before cutting trip a day short. Cancelled at check in desk. Got name and office number and paperwork showing cancellation. Called HOME office and confirmed cancellation. Called 20 days later and confirmed cancellation. Got billing on credit card and it was still on the card. Called again and confirmed cancellation. Got Synchrony Bank involved. Continued to get bills. Bank said they could not do anything because ACE showed no cancellation after three confirmations. My card finally paid ACE in full even though I showed them documentation. That was suppose to make me feel better. That did not but now they have been cancelled as my card and I will not use ACE again under any circumstance so yes, now I feel better. Avoid ACE at all cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Upon giving my credit card, drivers license and insurance card they asked me for my declaration from insurance company. I said I never heard of that and also that they would be charging my card a $300.00 deposit. Very rude and not friendly. Their driver was. I proceeded back to airport and for $8.00 more daily dealt with a reputable company. National, no problems.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We made reservations for a small 4 door car. While waiting for shuttle at airport we froze and they took forever. Never answered phone when we called. Once shuttle arrive we barely had room for everyone. We arrived at the ACE rental and they did not have the car that we reserved. They were overbooked and ended up giving up a Dodge Minivan... which is way worse on gas. The van was filthy. We couldn't even look for damage spots due to how dirty it was. We got the manager... as we complained he kept coming up with excuses and had the nerve to tell us that the van was better on gas than a small car. And then told us that because we're in Denver Colorado that they can't wash the cars. We will never come back to this rental. Thanks for putting a dent in the start of our anniversary trip.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We booked a rental car thru ACE car rental for $180 for 5 days a Toyota Corollary. We get there and we got a Volkswagen. Then the charges were way over the amount on my email. It was $334 plus the $180. The car we got was dirty, as we drove it down the freeway for 20 miles it was shaking so bad in the front end the steering wheel was shaking. So we took it back got another Volkswagen. Very dirty, the windows were so dirty we had to pull over and clean to see out of. Day 3 the temperature light came on and we had to add water to it. The gas tank was almost empty but they charged us $39 for it on the bill also. They did not care what people had to say, we were not the only ones upset on a Friday. I will never rent a car from unknown place. One guy went to the manager and he didn't care, pretty much said screw you. They did not care about our complaints. This company was far by the worst experience ever on renting a car. False advertisement.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Contacting the company alone was a horrible experience. I was told by customer service twice that my deposit was being credit to my account and it would be credited to my account in 14 days. It is now 1 month later and after talking to the manager he tell me that’s not true. I rented my car online for $331 after all their hidden fees and charging you for insurance. I’m paying $600 for a rental. I specifically told salesman I didn’t want anything extra on my rental. I will never rent from this company and will spread the word how shady and unprofessional this company is. DO Not rent from ACE!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We booked our rental for just over $100.00. When we arrived to pickup the vehicle it was not disclosed that the price had gone up. When we received the vehicle there was no gas, the tire was low in air, and it was later identified the plates were expired. We later realized the price was significantly more than we booked the vehicle for. We tried calling the location and no one answered the phone. We left several voicemails and never heard back. We tried calling the main number and all they would do is transfer us to the location we had already tried calling. It was the worst car rental experience ever.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I reserved a rental car from ACE at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport location. I reserved the car for two days. The total due at pick-up was quoted at $137.98. This covered the car, insurance and unlimited mileage. I arrived early. The customer service representative arrived early also. She was very unfriendly. When 7 am arrived she asked for my name. She pulled up my reservation. She took all my personal information. When it came time for me to provide my credit card details the customer service rep asked me where I was going. I told her to Ft. Rucker Alabama. She said "Okay well you have up to 300 miles free then it is.29 cents a mile."

I asked her why and her response was "because you are taking the car out of state." I said the confirmation I received told me it was unlimited mileage and did not clearly say anything about a mileage fee (mind you this airport is right on the border of Alabama). She said "well it was in terms and conditions you agreed to online." I was shocked. She also told me that there was a $1,000 deductible for their insurance, and that she was going to have to charge my car $360+ dollars just to release the car to me. To say the least I was shocked.

I ended up going over to National Rent a Car which was right next to ACE. They also have Alamo Rent a Car. I told them what happen to me at ACE and their response was that they get a lot of customers from ACE because of the same issues. Alamo set me up with an upgraded car, unlimited mileage, full insurance coverage and great customer service for a total of $202 out the door. They were great! All I can say is "BUYERS OUT THERE BEWARE" when it come to advertised products and services from ACE Rent A Car! What a scam!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Rented a vehicle through Travelocity. Paid for the vehicle and extra insurance ahead. Got to (Keflavik) Iceland. Rental agent tells me that my extra insurance (collision) is not valid and if I wanted extra insurance I'd have to buy it from them (at $70 USD a day - almost twice as much as the rental). I pulled up the policy I purchased which explicitly states I am covered for collision. He uses several scare tactic examples and implies that if vehicle is damaged in ANY way we would have to repair on our own and pay for in full for ANY damages before we could leave the country. Essentially implying "If you don't buy our insurance and there is any damage then you won't be able to leave the country." Glass, tires, chips, dings - anything. (Funny. That car was all dinged up and it was not repaired before we were assigned it, where'd the repair money go?)

I'd realized they were doing this to EVERY customer there after he stated "Well, you can call your booking and they can refund you the money you paid for that policy. The man before you did the same thing and he got a refund." Uh-huh. Then I watched the next customer at the counter. EVERY customer - a Grand a pop per rental. Stranded at the airport. No reservation elsewhere. 6:00 in the morning. In a foreign country. Rock and a hard place. It's not difficult to figure out that racket. Easy money.

Then he hands us this detailed "damage" sheet of damage to the car already (oh yeah? what'd you do with all the money you collected from any previous renters because the car is still damaged). Reiterates any damage that is not on the inventory would have to be repaired by us alone or paid in full (a scratch = an entire paint job; a low tire = charged for the entire wheel) and to inspect the vehicle fully. Yes, we did. Dark and rainy out - tries to shuffle us out the door without inspecting the car. Nope. It'll be inspected.

On our return at 6:00 a.m. they came out with a light that could illuminate the entire parking lot. My husband stood over the inspector pointing out every ding, scratch, dent, chip and reiterated that that damage was on the inventory and it was pre-existing. He said the investigator got very angry with him. Too bad. Our money not yours. You got enough. THAT car cost me over $1,000 in combined rental - almost $700 for insurance - for less than a week. Don't rent from them. They're extremely unethical and out for money.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I went Travelocity's website to find a rental car. ACE was the cheapest at $44/day. I picked up car on Monday and returned it on Tuesday. After adding fees and taxes plus a $29.00 an hour late fee (I was 2 hours late). The bill came to $153.00. Then I had to wait an hour for a shuttle to bring me to the airport. The driver stunk of body odor it took my breath away. I would have done better getting a taxi. I will never use them again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Reserved a car through Expedia at the Denver airport. First thing was the shuttle did not have their pickup area identified but we eventually saw the shuttle way down at the end of the pickup area. The vehicle they gave us was dirty inside and out but worse than that as we were driving away my wife started reading the contract and saw a note saying if we crossed a state line we would be charged a $0.50 per mile penalty on the total mileage driven. I called Ace and a lady confirmed that was their policy so I said I would just return the vehicle and she said there would be an early return penalty. Well, I wound up parking that vehicle for 6 days and got one from someone else for our out of state travel and only drove the Ace vehicle in Colorado.

When I returned the vehicle to Ace and was waiting for the shuttle to the airport I heard some others talking and asked them if they had had a problem. They had not noticed the clause about crossing a state line and had been stuck with a huge penalty. To top everything off when I received my credit card statement there was an extra charge of $151.00 from Ace. I disputed the charge and my credit card company asked Ace for an explanation but never got a response so the $151.00 was credited back to my account. I would strongly advise not renting from Ace or even through Expedia.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Waited 11/2 hours to get a car. They had one agent most of the time. The car was dirty. Didn't get the car they promised. Car made noises when driving. Really don't feel good about driving it. One of the worst experiences I have had for any business transaction in my life and I still have to return it. Was also told We cannot drive it out of Colorado. I will post my return experience but I would NEVER RECOMMEND this company.

Resolution response: Sept. 21, 2017

Follow Up: ACE quickly apologized for the way this was handled and refunded the extra day I was charged. My advice to them was to just educate their employees in cases such as this where the extenuating circumstances should not place the fault automatically on the client. I have changed my rating from 1 * to a 3*. I still was not impressed with the condition of the car (I expected a much cleaner/ new condition vehicle for a 2017 model) or the fact I had no choice but to pay for an upgrade since the originally booked category was not available.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Was supposed to get an Altima but of course it was the old "We only have a van or convertible" which I didn't want. Finally they said for $5 more per day I could get a SUV which I decided was my only real choice. Car was dirty inside and out when I picked it up and it showed a lot of wear for a 2017. I tried to return it the day it was due but they were closed. ACE claims they sent an email to return it early because of the hurricane but I checked all folders and never received any email from them. No drop box was available at the return but the rep on the phone told me to return it the next day when they were open and I would not be charged the extra day.

After getting the bill they indeed did charge me for the extra day. I spoke with someone who said they were a Manager and they said that was just the way it was. Seriously? I will never use ACE again. They should at least be in Agreement with their own lies. I even returned it with a completely full tank which was almost impossible after Irma with all gas stations closed.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Upon our arrival at the Orlando Airport, we were consigned a Nissan Altima in the late afternoon of Sept. 6, 2017. During the rental process, we were told it would be good to activate the SunPass for $6.00 and we accepted. We realized later that the Governor of Florida had suspended the tolls on Sept. 5, 2017; one day prior to the stipulation of our rental agreement. It seems strange that ACE was not aware of the suspension. After the person at the gate inspected the car for body damages - NOT FOR SAFETY ISSUES - we left and drove North towards Gainesville, Florida.

The first thing we noticed was that the control board indicated that the front right tire was low on air. We continued to Gainesville and on Sept. 8, 2017 I stopped at Tires Plus to check the tire as all gas stations had long lines and those without gas had no compressor on. I was amazed when Devon, the person that inspected the tires said that the tire needed to be changed; he proceeded to check the rest of the tires and said that all of them had to be changed as they were not safe. He gave me a business card with the name of the Service Manager to give to ACE. I called ACE and spoke with LIV in Orlando. She said I had to return the car there to have it exchanged.

Now, we are in the midst of Hurricane IRMA and I am supposed to drive an unsafe car to Orlando and return to Gainesville with all major highways open to move North only, not South, and then brave the traffic upon my return to Gainesville. I asked why the tires were not inspected and I was told I was supposed to check them before driving the car away. Now, the person at the gate only inspected the car for body damages, not safety issues. I had never heard that a car rental company asks you to check the tires of the vehicle rented; I was under the impression that the law required them to make sure that all safety standard are met, before renting their vehicles.

I asked to speak to a manager but I was told there were none. I wonder how ACE can be in business if it isn't able or willing to guarantee that its cars are safe to drive. I especially wonder about their service department. Who authorized the car to be driven even though, as Tires Plus indicated, all tires had to be changed as the car was unsafe to drive? Needless to say, I do not recommend ACE at all; unsafe cars is not what I am looking for. Service people that seem to neglect important safety issues and customer service that is totally unresponsive to your requests is not what I would expect from a rental company. If it weren't for the current ranking of 1 to 5, I would have given ACE a "ZERO."

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Worst rental EVER! The worst problem is that the rental process was a scam. The counter person tried to refuse me the rental car unless I purchased your liability insurance. I had already refused the extra insurances that were covered by my credit card. They added the liability insurance without asking or letting me know. I found it by comparing the price I had a quote for. 99% of folk would have missed this as they also had a security deposit added. Then they told me I had to purchase it or they would not rent me the car. This was taking a long time so I started telling the other customers at the counter that they should check with their credit cards and refuse the extra coverages. They realized they were losing money so they started to work faster to "get me out of there". They also tried to force me to purchase prepaid tolls with a threat of a $25 a day fine if I had any tolls.

They had trouble finding the keys to my car. I think they were trying to get me to upgrade to a better car. Well, not better. It was in the same class as the one I was suppose to get. They probably just wanted more money for it. You have an offsite location. The problem is that it not easy to find the shuttle to the location from the airport. I had to make several phone calls to find out where to go. The airport shuttle drop off (after I returned the car) was really far from our terminal. We had to drag our bags a long way.

Overall, this was the worst car rental experience I have ever had. I am planning on telling Priceline that they should either terminate offering rentals for ACE, or had some kind of disclaimer about how bad the Orlando ACE is. Another note: This was not just my experience. The other customers at the counter were also very unhappy. Also, I was very lucky as I was first in line. Extracting money from folks takes time, and there were many people in line behind me that had to wait much longer than I did. It probably took over 40 minutes (I was not timing so I don't know exactly) to get my rental, even though I was first in line.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

ACE Car Rental ORLANDO - Totally horrible experience that caused my heartaches & heartaches on my Vacation. From the time we picked up the vehicle and from the time we dropped it off. To start, watch out because this rental attacks you with "YOU Must purchase what they offer..." They overwhelmed you, they're sales people that don't let go until you are completely frustrated. I vacation in May, the charge after all they say YOU NEED/You MUST... It almost double the amount Expedia quoted me on my itinerary. Way too much money for a car rental.

I have rented with other companies and never ever did experience this bad time/ordeal. When the vehicle gets dropped off, they rush you out of there without even giving a receipt, and when asked they so claim they are printing. The SHUTTLE closed the door and was leaving. It is now three months later, and I now have another charge that I tried to dispute but is causing too much trouble again. I WISH no other person goes thru the same bad situation I went thru and put my family thru. DO NOT conduct any business with this Place ACE RENT A CAR.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE, NEVER AGAIN. Last February, I have made a reservation with ACE Rent A Car. The total rental cost has been paid the same day. When I got at Goldcar desk (the rental car supplier) at the end of June 2017, there was no car reserved under my name. GoldCar never got my reservation from ACE rent a car and they give me a document to confirm the situation. For the same car category with same coverage, GoldCar were asking for 4,2 times the amount of money I already paid to ACE rent a car.

I tried to phone for 30 minutes ACE rent a car at the number specified on my contract. Nobody to answers. So I spent another 30 minutes of my holiday time to find the best deal among the other rental car companies at the airport. I finally found one at 3,6 times the amount of money I paid ACE rent a car. On my return, I have been in touch with the Customer Care Service of ACE rent a car. They are willing to reimbursement the extra rental cost but not the applicable taxes even if our rental contract specifies the opposite under the general conditions. Worst, they don't damage you for the trouble nor the time you took on your holiday time to find a solution to their mistake. So, do yourself a favor, go to another rental car firm.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I booked my reservation through Expedia. I thought that I will be paying 438.40USD only but I picked-up my car and was advice that I need to pay 250.00USD for deposit and 6.00USD / day for the E-path and another 25.00 USD for the fuel. ACE representative said that if I will not pay this amount they collect another 250.00 USD for being penalize. So ok to charge since she was threated from the car rental.

She checked her account was charge for 839.24USD total. So she asked why she charge this amount which she calculated and there is a difference of $150.00+. So I asked Manager and he is very rude and unprofessional. He denied the amount and said that they will not honor the amount quoted from the agent. Now I take the car and it smell cigarette and they give me w/ the damage one. So manager I will be charging for 250.00USD since there is a damage on the car. So I decide to return the car now August 13, 2017 but ACE Rental Car said they will charge 350.00USD+taxes and fees. This car rental is disgusting and unprofessional customer service. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS ACE CAR RENTAL TO ANY CUSTOMER!!! YOU ARE SCAMMERS and LIAR!!! I will file report to you from my attorney!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

We have never rented a car from ACE Rent A Car before. We NEVER will again! I reserved an Economy Car from the Denver, CO location two days before arrival. I called the morning of the reservation and was told they had plenty of cars on their lot. When I arrived at the TRAILER (not a building) I was given three choices of vehicles and none were an Economy Car. They finished with my contract and mentioned that I was the only driver allowed to drive the car (I was never questioned on additional drivers before the contract was done). When I said my husband would also be driving, I was charged a FEE for an additional driver and the contract had to be done again. I was finally handed the keys to my rental vehicle and told to mark any damages on a sheet or come back into the trailer if I did find anything.

Next I got to wander their lot looking for my rental vehicle. It was very obviously NOT washed. I checked for damage or scratches on the body, NEVER THINKING TO LOOK FOR CHIPS IN THE WINDSHIELD!!! The inside of the vehicle was very obviously NOT cleaned as well. There was garbage on the floor and the cup holders and storage compartments in the doors were all sticky. We had to go buy some wipes to stand touching any of the surfaces.

When I returned the car, I'm not even sure if I had it in Park yet and the woman standing there waiting to check me in informed me I would have to escort her to file a claim because there was a chip in the windshield. She was very obviously trained to spot a chip even before I departed from the vehicle! Neither my husband nor I are aware of ANY rocks hitting the windshield. It would be our guess that we weren't the only customers that had to file a claim on the same chip. I was informed I could either pay $44 or deal with it later. I learned my lesson. We will NEVER rent a car from them again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Rented a car in Orlando, Fl. through Expedia. When booked was told car rental was $128.85 due at car rental counter. I also paid $50 for the car insurance. When we arrived at ACE the lady asked about insurance and I told her I already purchased it and she commented on the great price I paid. She also asked about their SunPass that we needed to go through tolls because you can't pay cash. She said it would cost $6.99 one time fee so we took it. Now I receive my credit card statement and the price is super high so I called to ask why. I first was told the account is closed and oh well there is nothing they could do about it. So I tried to call corporate. That number just sends you to their regular customer service number so they are no good.

I must have been transferred like 20 time before I finally talk to a lady that went over my bill with me. I was charge an extra $63.96 for their insurance so basically the $50 I paid was a waste of money. The SunPass that was $6.99 was actually per day for a total of $28.00 when in actuality I could pay cash and it would have cost me only $4 total for my entire trip. They added roadside assistance and some other bullcrap charge. THEY ARE TOTAL SCAMMERS AND LIARS. I will NEVER sign anything again until I read every line and not trust anyone. I will NEVER RENT FROM THEM AGAIN... BEWARE!!!

Original review: July 30, 2017

I have never experienced renting from a company so negligent and careless about people's life while using one of their vehicles. The car I rented battery died, and I was told that it was my responsibility to buy a new battery plus pay a tow truck to take the car back to the rental location near the MCO airport. My life and the life of the people traveling with me was in danger and this company did not care. This company should not be in operation for the sake of people's life.

Original review: July 27, 2017

The price was much higher, they didn't accept the car insurance I already bought, I had to buy another one from them, much more expensive. Avoid them! And avoid Gold Car also, as is the same company.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I rented from ACE Rent A Car and had a horrible experience. I rented through the Travelocity website. The agent was unfriendly and misrepresented charges. I provided proof of auto insurance including comprehensive and the agent added it to my bill without my knowledge. I did not sign for additional insurance as it was completely unnecessary. Additionally, I was charged for a full tank of gas when the car was completely full. As a result, I was charged $70 plus too much.

I subsequently called the location and explained the bill error and the agent basically said too bad. The manager will not call me back and there is absolutely nothing I can do. This is the worst car rental experience I have ever had. The agent was determined to add costs to my bill. She represented the tank fill by $2.05 a gallon implying that they would fill up the tank and charge me for the filled amount. They charged me for a full tank! And will not take the charge off.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Just moved to Florida a month ago. Made a reservation with ACE car rental 3 weeks ago for a standard convertible for 5 days unlimited miles which totaled 279.16 through Expedia. Called twice beforehand to confirm my reservation. Nothing needed but driver's license and credit card. Ok got that. But when I went I was told due to me being a "Florida resident" ...(which I got my license changed 2 days ago) I will be charged more. Huh? I was told I can get a full sized car Altima or Sonata. But when I swiped my card to pay... guy says "I got you a Nissan Sentra." Wait what??? And it totaled (with 200$ deposit) 564.35$. Not only was I downgraded but I'm paying more for a smaller car with only 150 miles per day! Seriously... was I just SCAMMED!??

If I had a ride to get me out of there, I would have left. But I pretty much had no choice stuck there. I would never rent from ACE Rent A Car again! I called Expedia to let them know how unsatisfied I was and they called ACE for me. Was told "ACE" would like for me to call them directly. I called and was pretty much told "You're assed out." No help whatsoever! DO NOT RENT FROM ACE RENT A CAR! They are scammers!

Original review: July 25, 2017

We rented two cars in Ft. Lauderdale, FL for a day on 7/22/17. We finished our cruise at Port Everglades at 9:30am and was looking for a phone # to call to get a shuttle to pick up us. However, there are no local office # on ANY of websites. Finally we had to call their customer service but took over an hour to have a human answered!!! From the moment we were looking for a shuttle to pick up our rental cars, it took TWO full hours!!! Moreover, after we picked up our cars and drove 1 hour away, we realized that they gave us a wrong key for one of rental car. We couldn't re-start the engine after we visited the farm and we had to call the office again to have someone to deliver the key. We waited another 1 plus hours with 95 degree outside!!! Because all of these, we had to cancel all our plans on that day!

Original review: July 23, 2017

There was no Ace Rent-a-Car counter at the airport (Palma Mallorca). Rentals were handled by Goldcar. There was no sign anywhere near the rental counters that said Ace is handled by Goldcar. Had to ask a few different rental counters to find out it was Goldcar. After saying we had our own insurance the agent insisted she would charge us 1100 Euros that they would not refund. Asked if we wanted the charge in Euros or Dollars we clearly said Euros. She charged in Dollars. When you return the car you do not get a receipt! Unfortunately this was through Priceline. No satisfaction there yet.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I rented from ACE Rent A Car in Clearwater, FL on 7/17/17. On 7/19/17 I had a flat due to the tire that is pictured. How could they allow a customer to rent a car with a tire that is so worn? Guessing the inspection wasn't done multiple times. Told the manager on 7/19 around 3:00. She didn't seem that concerned. Do not rent from Ace Rent A Car unless you want to put your family at risk.

ACE Rent A Car expert review by Lauren Fix

ACE Rent A Car has grown from a neighborhood car wash into a rental company with more than 350 locations worldwide. It focuses on top leisure destinations for vacation rentals.

• Easy rewards program: With the ACE Rental Genius program, for every dollar spent, participants earn points. As the points add up, customers can earn a higher tier, letting them get eight percent off instantly. There are no black out dates for rewards program.

• Points for prizes: In addition to instant discounts and higher tiers, customers can spend their accumulated rewards points on products like Xbox ONE and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.

• Valet service: ACE offers valet parking and fast shuttle service at airports to make travel easier and less stressful.

• Reservation look-up: If travel plans change, customers can easily find and adjust a reservation with their confirmation number and email address.

• Early booking: Many companies only take reservations six months in advance, but with ACE, travelers can reserve a vehicle up to a year in advance.

• Car Selection: Most locations offer economy cars, compact sedans, full-sized cars and luxury cars. Some locations offer minivans, 12/15-passenger vans, SUV’s, trucks or specialty vehicles.

• Best for: Those who plan ahead for vacations, business travelers, temporary workers and those who want a wide selection of vehicles.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

ACE Rent A Car Company Information