2. Travel
  3. Rental Cars

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.03/5

ACE Rent A Car Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ACE Rent A Car?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Came to the desk to rent my car and the guy seen my licences and because I am renting the car in town he said I have to pay more for the rental like wtf. When Expedia said the deposit is 200 but because its in town I have to put a 400 none refundable deposit. Now I'm fighting to get my 70 back for the insurance money they took. Thanks but will never do business with them again. False advertising and false dealings. Do not recommend.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Told me that my credit card did not cover loss of use and charged me $14 a day. They would not rent me a car until I agreed to take it. Supposed to get a economy car gave a 9 passenger gas guzzling sport utility. No gas cap. Waited in line for 1 1/2 hrs in Orlando location. I am going to dispute the charge on my credit card. Bunch of liars.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

On a recent visit from New York to Orlando, I rented a car from ACE for the first time. Good rates but horrible, rip-off service!! Once arriving from my flight in the evening, everything went Okee Dokee until it came to the insurance sign-off. The agent asked if I'd like to take their insurance and I told him that I was covered with my Allstate. I was told that, since Florida was a "No Fault" insurance state, I had to have proof of my own insurance. Even though I had my insurance card, I was told that it was not enough proof. I then said I could call my insurance company and have them fax or email a copy of my coverage. I told them that, according to the New York State Attorney General, that covers these gypsy rental agencies, this was unlawful. Refusing that, and having to leave for a seminar, I had no alternative than to accept their option.

Long story short, I ended up paying an additional of almost $100.00 to rent their car. Do NOT rent from their company!!!! They're reasonable on the front end but they scam you once you arrive. I emailed their company to protest these charges and have not heard back from them. Do NOT rent from this agency. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I rented a car from Ace Rent a Car Tampa Airport from 1/1 to 1/8. Driving south on the freeway I noticed the low air tire warning light was on. I stopped at a rest area and determined it was the right rear tire. I called the Ace customer care number the next morning. I offered to drive the car to the Ace location in Miami to get a different car or get the tire replaced or repaired. The Ace rep said that I could not get assistance in from Ace in Miami because the Ace locations have no connection or working relationship. He transferred my call to the Tampa location. They would not pick up my call.

I then called the customer care number back and they now would not answer my call. So, I drove around a week with a soft tire and kept filling it up. I wasted a lot of time and sometimes felt nervous driving on the freeway. After I returned the car I wrote an email to the company and asked for a small refund. They said I caused the tire problem (not true) and they said that I did not leave a message on their answering machine when they did not answer my phone call. But, I did write an online message to them at the time, which they never acknowledged.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

So me and my wife went on vacation and she got a totally different amount on price for the rental car. It was absurd. The girl that helped us had no personality and could care less we were even there. Her whole attitude sucked. On top of that the extra fees and charges we were not told about is not right what they do to their customers. Do not rent a car from them. They are terrible!!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Reserved a car months in advance. Stood in line for an hour. When it was our turn, they did not have any cars of the type we reserved. They tried to upsell us on the next make up ($140) and tried to get us to purchase a sun pass for about $140. We already had our own sun pass. So they made us wait another hour and a half and I had to get really upset with them before they would finally give us a car. They quote the cheapest rate when you book, but try to wear you down with additional charges at the counter and if you don’t buy in, they make you wait forever. Never, never again!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I give the ACE rental at RioNegro, Medellin Airport one star because I can't give Zero. The office is not in the terminal as advertised. My daughter had to call the man to pick us up. He came in a Chevrolet Aveo -- I had rented a month in advance, a large car (Renault Fluence). The Aveo was two sizes smaller, old, with many dings. Of course, since it's Christmas week everyone is out of vehicles, I have to take this car or be stranded. The agent then tries to sell me ACE car insurance, because according to him, the insurance I purchased would not pay for repairs done in Colombia. I would have to pay and be reimbursed. I had purchased the Expedia insurance and did not buy extra. I have to take this car.

I am charged $14.55 more for this car, even though the exchange rate on my receipt divides to the original agreed to rental amount. We find out half way through Medellin the air conditioning doesn't work. My daughter contacts the agent, first he says it works, then he tells us to get it fixed and for us to pay for the repairs and he will reimburse us-REALLY. Then he says he will send someone to fix it. We are 3 hours outside of Medellin in a gated community at Christmas, I am not having strangers come to this property. The car gets parked for two days because it is not safe to drive it where we are at--it's too small. When we get back to the ACE office, we are charged another $10 to have the car washed. I called Expedia several times over the time period but no one at Expedia could communicate with ACE because the Expedia employees did not speak Spanish. I found this to be unacceptable from Expedia.

Back at the ACE office I asked for money back for the wrong car and no air conditioning. The agent was condescending and rude. He had a story or excuse for everything. Nothing he or ACE did was wrong according to him. We finally agreed on $55 but was only returned about $43. I had specifically asked him if it would the full $55 and he said yes. ACE told Expedia that this was placed om my credit card but the agent refused to do that. Instead he had to have a bank account number from Colombia. So my daughter, who is living in Colombia, provided hers.

On our trip back to Medellin, we had three people and three large pieces of luggage. One piece of luggage had to go in the back seat. At one point I had to stop quickly. My daughter grabbed the luggage and re-injured the shoulder she has been having physical therapy on. My husband gets car sick easily and had to take medicine (which also affects him adversely). He was sick all the next day. If this had been in the United States I would have recorded my experience. But since this was Colombia, SA I did not feel safe to do this. Terrible experience. Use a different car company. Avoid ACE you have been warned.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Hi all. I had booked my rental with Priceline and it says unlimited miles but after I approach Ace Jacksonville international airport they said I am a local resident to Florida and they will be giving 200 miles a day and asked me to buy extra miles with 10$ for 100 miles. My initial contract was for 60$ with 3 days rental. They added 30$ and gave me 200 miles. When I cross checked it was said 30$ included with tax so 200 miles. Once I started asking to add more miles Ace manager started saying she can't help once contract is signed and I ended up extending one more day with $30 + taxes for additional 200 miles. Now I am at 130$ instead of 60$. Later they said once I cross all the miles I had they will be charging 0.25¢ per mile. Ace is completely a fraud.. Never rent with Ace.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Our experience is from Orlando, Florida, very unreliable and fraud company, after our trip we saw the additional charges of approx $800 in our statement that we never approved of, we have filed a dispute for that but how can they even charge our credit card with charges not incurred and approved. Also, they provided false info while picking the car and made us pay for tolls at that time telling us we will be charged $75 for each toll if we don't pay for tolls before picking the car for each day. We rented for 7 days and they charged $20 per day for tolls for 7 days giving us the wrong info that if we don't do this then we will be charged $75 for per toll we cross. This company should be sued and shut down, they cant harass customers like that. Very very bad and unreliable company, wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

We had a confirmation for a car rental in Las Vegas for December 28, 2019. When we got there at our designated time of 10:30am we stood in line for approximately 30 minutes. When we got to be next in line at the counter people we were told that they were all out of vehicles and then we had to go on a waiting list for a vehicle that we had a booked confirmation with. Behind us were approximately 30 people waiting for their vehicles as well and when obviously people got upset when told there were no more vehicles. One gentleman commented this was a scam and the desk clerk said “no it’s not, sorry dude it is first come first serve, see ya”. They were very rude and found this very frustrating as we had to spend $15 to Uber 5 miles off of the airport property In the middle of nowhere in the back of some parking lot, we were left stranded with no transportation to get back.

They did not offer any assistance in getting people back to over another rental center or making phone calls to help find people other options but just kept repeating, "Sorry first come first serve" which was not stated at the time of booking through Expedia. Very unprofessional conduct!! I will NEVER Recommend or do business with this company again!!!!

ACE Rent A Car Company Information