It's that easy Request Information
3.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We are committed to providing a lower-cost, environmentally conscious alternative to traditional utility generated energy. We enable our customers to access the advantages of solar energy with little to no upfront costs to them through long-term contracts that generate recurring, predictable customer payments to us. We aim to provide best-in-class customer service and deploy technology that empowers our customers to take charge of their energy future.

We offer distributed solar energy — electricity generated by a solar energy system installed at customers’ locations — to residential customers based on 20-year contracts at prices below their current utility rates. Our customers pay little to no money upfront, typically realize savings of 15% to 30% relative to utility generated electricity immediately following system interconnection to the power grid and continue to benefit from guaranteed energy prices over the term of their contracts, insulating them against unpredictable increases in utility rates.

Vivint Solar Video
Vivint Solar Gallery (6)
View More View More

1900 Vivint Solar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 13, 2019

So we had Vivint Solar panels installed December of 2018. When we had the panels installed we were told that our light bill with OUC Electric Company would be low as long as we are producing. We were doing great. My husband monitors the site to make sure that we are producing. But then a couple of months ago he checked the site and we did not see any production so he called Vivint customer service and they said they would send someone out to check the system. We do not know if they checked because they send someone out with no one being home.

We then get our OUC electric bill and it was normal bill. He called the company. They apologized and said he would be compensated but never received compensation. He then called back and another rep said there is no compensation because we have the loan with Mosaic company. What does that have to do with there faulty equipment. Now we keep having power surges to our home because the breaker for the solar panel keeps tripping and our OUC electric bill is still high. I am paying more to have the solar panels up then just having our regular bill!!!

It takes forever to speak with someone. When we finally do they give the runarounds. He asked for a supervisor or manager, They say someone will call but nothing yet. Next steps are going to be LAWSUIT!!! I am not going to be paying for a loan on a product that is clearing not giving what is promised. The loan does not have anything to do with your faulty product/equipment!!! We want to be compensated for the OUC electric bill for the months your equipment faltered. We have all the OUC electric bills if you need a copy.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Nancy. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations. One of our specialists will be reaching out to you to discuss your concerns. Thank you for your review.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

In 2016, when I moved into our new home, I reached out to Vivint Solar company because I was interested in free Solar panels for my home. Our family is low income with a family size of 9 and reading over information and speaking with people in the community, and understanding that panels were free, therefore I chose Vivint Solar. Vivint Solar determined that I only needed 12-16 panels at the time and that was when the project began. I was told and promised by the representatives/salespeople that once I’m in our new home, within a few months, that I would get more panels. I never received more panels, nor did I qualify for panels and I did not understand why I was told that I would get them.

In addition to this, my system has been working very poorly and I have had several techs out to my home to reset the system and compensate me for the overcharges on the account. Not only did they damage my roof shingles, but this issue is on-going since 2016. Every year since 2016, I have had an enormous true-up bill. My true-up bills range from $1,200 to $1,500. Every year I must get on a payment plan with PGE in order to live, so that PGE does not turn off our power! I have done everything in my power to assist Vivint Solar and have been having on-going communications with Vivint Solar and PG&E. This is an ongoing issue and has caused so much stress on our family. We are a low-income household and are striving daily. But these bills are outrageous.

I am being told by every representative that I speak with, that I can qualify for other programs through Vivint Solar, then I am shut down every time. This company is getting my families hopes up to just crush us in the end. In addition to that, I am also paying PG & E and have a Vivint Solar monthly bill. See Breakdown below: Breakdown: on-going yearly payment plan with PG & E $145 a month. Regular monthly bill to PG& E $10-80 (varies). Regular Vivint Solar Bill $25-100 (debt and I’m behind on payments). Total Mo. $310 + I am in debt due to your companies promises and my family and I cannot afford to have Electricity and heat in our home.

Sad truth is that I have limited my children on using lighting, heating and air, stovetops, microwave, washer and dryer and much more. This has caused a lot of sadness with our family that instead of Vivint solar improving our electric bill, Vivint Solar has put our family into major debt!! This has caused me to have emotional distress. I cannot believe this company would lie and put my family and children through this! I am hoping for a recovery soon!

Vivint Solar response

Hello Elisa. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations. It looks like you have been working with one of our specialists. He will continue to work with you regarding your concerns. Thank you.

Original review: April 9, 2019

If it were possible to give a negative star review, I would. There is absolutely zero customer service once they sell you a system. I need to get information about what to do when I sell my house, and in spite of emailing 3 times to the address provided, calling and waiting for 20 minutes each time no one provides any help. If you call sales they pick up immediately, but no one can help you there either. BEWARE! This company gets understandably terrible reviews and will likely go bankrupt.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Alexandra. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations. We have reached out to our Transfer team to make them aware you are following up for some information. Feel free to call them at 877-404-4129 opt 7 or email them directly at transfers@vivintsolar.com. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have had the panels on for approximately 3 years now with nothing but problems and have had to have service consistently. I get calls that my system is not working properly and that the lead time to have someone come out is weeks away. I want to go back and never have these panels put on the house. I am now dealing with a bill that is 12 times higher than I normally have and have not been able to talk to someone as billing said I need to talk to customer service. I couldn't be transferred to customer service which seemed odd. I have now been on hold for 90 minutes altogether and still have not been able to talk to someone. I would like for 1 this bill to get resolved and 2 to get these panels off my house as there has been nothing but issues since day 1.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Sherman. We are sorry to hear about your experience. One of our specialists will be reaching out to you this week to discuss your concerns further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2019

I will never do business with this company! The "survey" was scheduled and the technician came to my house on time. He requested to see the electricity panel. I thought it's not a big deal and he just wanted to see. And then he said he will open it to see the back to make sure the wiring is done right. The problem is, the panel is sealed with caulk, and if he took off the panel and then put it back without proper caulking there will be chink around the panel. The technician said he did not have caulk to reseal the panel edge. So I told him in this case please do not take the panel off. Next thing he wanted to do is to measure the attic. I show him the opening to the attic but told him I do not want him to go up there. The technician then asked me if he can go up to the roof outside to measure the size. I said, "Sure but be careful it is raining outside." The technician went outside, sat in the car for a while and then left.

Within 5 minutes I receive the sales rep's call from UT and said the technician told him I was hard to work with. I told him I do not like the "survey" that will take things apart even before I decided to do anything. The sales rep said that is the standard procedure for every solar company before they submit any paperwork to the government. I told him I didn't even ask them to submit anything and will let anyone do anything to my house unless I decided to go ahead with the company. He said he just wanted to let me know that the company decided not to do business with me.

That's interesting. Since he said that, I also wanted to make my point. I told him I read the reviews and really don't trust the company with the reviews like those. He said they are the biggest company and I should see the rating in BBB. I told him I know and I have already checked, and they should focus on taking care of the existing customers to reduce the negative reviews. The sales rep said "we are the largest company and has been in the business for # years (I don't remember the number and really don't care), and don't need me to teach them how to do business". I told him I was still in the office and didn't have any more time to discuss this with him. He hung up on me before I finished the sentence. What is the big deal of "the largest company" and the years in business?

Vivint Solar response

Hello Lieber. We are sorry to hear about your experience and understand your frustrations. We want to ensure that all of our customers have a great experience with us and that we can look into your concerns. If you have any questions or concerns in the future please feel free to call us. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Solar?

Original review: April 4, 2019

Vivint Solar was something that worked within my budget and would help with saving the economy and the electric bills. The representative from Vivint Solar and I were chatting, and we went from there. When we enrolled, it was an excellent experience. They’re always available if a question or a situation arises. They provide excellent customer service, they keep you informed and nothing gets left unanswered. I am very satisfied with my decision and I would tell my friends to go for it.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Pamela. We love hearing that you've had a positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing to go solar with us.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had been looking at solar energy for some time and I had dealt with three providers, but Vivint Solar was offered by Henderson for free and I had already dealt with them before. They did the installation of my solar panel in Nevada. But it takes so long to do all these things and so far, I only got two bills of $50 from them. I also haven’t seen my bill from Nevada Energy to compare. But I highly recommend going solar through Vivint.

Vivint Solar response

Hi Erlinda. Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you've had a good experience with us and look forward to working with you more.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2019

Prior to the installation of my solar panels my roof did not leak. My roof has been leaking for nearly a year and Vivint refuses to take any responsibility. I have provided them with documentation from 2 contractors. They recommended a contractor who refused to give me any written documentation. I was told by a Vivint rep that the contractor could neither confirm nor deny the leak was the result of the installation. You would have thought that Vivint would have thought enough about their customer to do a bit more investigating of the issue.

I requested that they remove the panel and I would cover the cost of the damage since they were not responsive, responsible or concerned enough about the issue. They quoted me 4500 to remove the panels. To this date they have not contacted me even after I sent videos and inspection documentation. I was told they have an insurance policy to cover issues such as the one I am experiencing but perhaps they have already exhausted it with other claims. I gave them 1 star because my sales rep was amazing.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Edna. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We want to look into your concerns further. We have assigned a specialist to reach out to you regarding your concerns. Thank you for your review.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We have had major damage done to our roof because of squirrels nesting under the solar panels. This led to leaks and damage to the interior of the house. We were never told about animal guards for the panels before we signed our contract. We now have to have a new roof and had to have interior walls and ceilings repaired. Along with this we had to pay for the panels to be removed and then reinstalled after the roof is replaced. Now we have to pay for the animal guards. We never had a squirrel problem before the panels! I just got off the phone with Vivint, 55 minutes, on hold 4 times, three very nice representatives, who had to speak to their supervisors, who never came to the phone and no help. We would never recommend this company. Wish we had never done this.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Pat. We are sorry to hear about your experience. It looks like you have spoken with one of our representatives regarding your concerns. They will continue to work with you to find a resolution. Thank you for your review.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Enrolling at Vivint Solar was easy. The whole process took one month. The sales rep was good and he explained how solar works. One installer was talkative and he was good at explaining how many panels I had. I’m still brand new at the system, and I’m still adjusting to the panels and how the system works. But, I am satisfied with my decision to go solar. I have already recommended them to a friend.

Vivint Solar response

Hi Joenila. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with the sales representative and the installation crew. Thank you for choosing Vivint Solar as your solar provider.

Original review: March 27, 2019

This week I’ve met a very special young Man by the name of John ** with Vivint Solar who’s setting up most of my neighbors. Unfortunately, we have solar through another company and have had issues nonstop. However, one of the things I love about John and Vivint Solar is that he’s taken his personal time to help us restore a problem that We didn’t even realize we had with our current provider and made sure we understood the program. If I can go back and go with Vivint Solar, I would take that opportunity every single time. I’m currently seeing most of my neighbors get set up through him and we’re probably going to see if we can get additional panels through him as well!

Vivint Solar response

Hi Latasha. We love hearing that John has taken the time to assist you and appreciate your review. Thank you.

Original review: March 26, 2019

My panels were installed nearly a year ago and we just got an email telling us they're finally working 2 weeks ago. However, according to the Vivint app, we've produced zero electricity to date. If I could go back, I'd never agree to sign up with Vivint. They've been nothing but headache and wasted time.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Adam. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to look into this further for you. Please send us an email with your address. Thank you for your review.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I signed up for Vivint Solar on April 10 2018, Still not connected and it's March 26, 2019. Every time I call I am told my registration form has not been received and I have to fill out another one. I have filled out the form 5 separate times. Well I called on March 26th 2019 and was told they didn't have the registration form and I needed to fill out another one. I refuse to because it is always their excuse, not only that but every time I was told to fill out another one I had to make the phone call to find out. They never call or email me. They have lied to me on multiple times and I proved it. I am sick of it. I don't want to hear we're sorry for the issue!!! I guess it's off to the B.B.B., Attorney Gen and if it's not corrected, off to my lawyer's office.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Art. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations. It looks like you spoke to one of our specialists on 03/27 and they informed you we no longer require the registration and are currently needing a recent copy of your utility bill. They will continue to work with you to move forward to have your system turned on. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I want to express my dissatisfaction with Vivint Solar. I have them for about 2 and half years. From Day one there are numerous problems. I get annoying e-mails on a weekly basis (about 3 a week) alerting me of a Data Failure Communications. I told these idiots in Salt Lake City about these e-mails that I have the latest Router/Modem from my Cable company and I am hooked up through WIFI. I was told that I have to check the Vivint Solar website on a daily basis to make sure that the Data is going through normally. So far the system is working, a couple of times it is not.

So, although I get these Data Failure e-mails, I called the Technician department and they don't give me much help at all. They tell my system is up and running, but I still get the notifications from them about a system failure on my end. I had techs come to my house to check everything, and they are just as useless as the customer service people. I am at my wit's end with this lousy company, I will continue to get ConsumerAffairs to see if I can get help with my problems I would NOT recommend VIVINT SOLAR to anyone. I'm sorry I ever signed up with them. You get stuck with a 20 year contract which you can not cancel. If you want solar for your home, beware of all the companies that offer it and check them out with a fine tooth comb. VIVINT SOLAR INC is the WORST!!!

Vivint Solar response

Hello Mark. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations and want to look into this further for you. Looking at your account we are also seeing that the system is performing as it should but we want to make sure we can address your concerns with the emails you are receiving. If you can please forward us the most recent email you received notifying you of a Data Failure we can look into this. You can forward us the email. Thank you.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Vivint laid out a straightforward and decent deal. Their customer service has been fantastic, and the installation guys were great. We turned everything on in December, and the system is lowering our cost and our consumption, and it has been good. I’d rather save a bit of money and not pay PECO $100, when I see my bill with Vivint at $71 this month and my bill for the electric to PECO was $10. I would definitely recommend using Vivint. I've recommended them to five friends already. Keep doing a good job Vivint.

Vivint Solar response

Hi Kenneth. Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you've had a great experience with us and you are seeing the benefits of solar.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I decided to get solar after a closing for the sale of a client's property. I thought selling a house with panels might be difficult because of the transfer of the lease but I was surprised on how easy and straightforward the process is as long as you establish communication early on. I had Johan from Massachusetts help me with the solar system. The design, inspection and decision was very fast. The installation went well with no damages to my property and the guys were clear on what was to be done on the house. The activation was slow but Vivint kept me informed along the process. After two-three months, the system was activated and I saw $100 savings the first month! In average, I'm saving about $70 per month, the system cost me ZERO and now I have bragging rights with my environmentally conscious friends! Recommended!

Vivint Solar response

Hello Gabriel, we are happy to hear that you have had multiple positive experiences with Vivint Solar. And we are glad to hear that Johan did a great job setting you up with solar and that you have experienced the benefits of solar energy.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I am trying to refinance my house and the mortgage company and I have been trying to obtain the proper paperwork from Vivint. It has been approximately 3 weeks and they have not responded. They are holding up my mortgage closing and they don't care. There is no way to contact the refinance department because they don't have phones. You can only send them an email, which they do not respond to. If I knew this is how they operated I would have never used this company.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Michael, we are so sorry to hear about the frustration that you have experienced. Our Fillings department is experiencing a delay in requests due to a high influx of requests. We have verified that your filling request has been submitted. Please follow up with your escrow agent for the next step. Thank you for reaching out to us. We look forward to working with you again.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I had a PPA with this Company. KEY word had. Thankfully I was able to sell the House but since then they have continued to call and Harass me about a past due bill that I have paid in full the billing dept even acknowledged it but they still continue to call me daily about the bill and threaten me to pay it again. I have made BBB complaints as well. I will continue to file legal demands for their illegal practices.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Paul, we are sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. We have assigned one of our specialists to contact you regarding this concern. Thank you for reaching out to us. We look forward to working with you to resolve your concerns.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Updated 04/18/2019: No response after solicitor ran our credit hard inquiry with no authorization. Day after I posted my first review on 321 Vivint Solar came on here and said they were gonna have a customer service representative contact me. I have not been contacted by any Vivint Solar representative and it still remains a hard inquiry on both Equifax and Transunion credit report, on mine and my husband's. Never gave them our names. He took some information. Offer meter. I’m now going to contact an attorney.

Original review: Solicitor came to our door, did not answer door - did not have time. Ran into the guy out front from the Vivint Solar - said I was busy, and he could send us some information. Never gave the guy our names or any info. He took photo of meter and said he would send information. The next day my husband and I have hard inquiry on our Equifax credit. Call the company. After holding for over 29 min customer care girl Sweden said someone would get back to us, and she couldn’t give the owner's name to me. Due to confidential reasons. Really but then check our credit without us giving our information - never mind consent.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Selena, we deeply apologize for the situation and we have assigned a specialist to reach out to you regarding this concern. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 20, 2019

I have been having a problem with Vivint Solar for the past few months. When the panels were installed, we were told to periodically check the panel to be sure the red lights were not on. Needless to say, for the past 3 months, two red lights have been on. We have been calling customer service and have been going in circles. At first they told us they would send a service tech and get back to us within 24 hours. We waited a week and called again…same answer. We finally had a service tech come on March 6. He told me that the “brain” of the system was not working and he would be back the next day because he did not have the part on the truck. He did not come back the next day and I called a few days later. They had no record of the service tech notes…but shows that the panels were working properly.

I asked why the red lights were still on if it was fixed and they did not have an answer. I asked them to contact the service tech and they told me that he does not carry a phone…which was odd because he was on the phone ordering the part when he was at my house. They told me they would get back to me in 24 hours. I called back March 19, and spoke to service rep. I explained what I have been going through over the past few months and he told me that on his end it looks like there is a panel not working. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and he told me that they are not available. After speaking with him for 20 minutes, I finally got him to put a supervisor on the phone, named Joe.

Joe was very condescending and told me that on his end he could see that our system is working properly. I asked what changed within the last hour, since the customer service rep told me he saw it was not working. He was nasty and told me that some systems work with the red light on! He said he would send it to diagnostics to determine if they should send someone out. I said, "It is obvious someone needs to come…the red lights are on." He then said in a nasty tone, “Is there anything else I can do for you.” I said yes, "Get the lights green”. My neighbor has the same system, and all lights are green. We had it installed same week. They are also paying much less in bills than we are which shows something is not working.

This company has been a nightmare to work with since Day 1. When panels were being installed, the installer fell through my front bedroom window. It took almost 8 months for them to settle that mater and I feel this is a way for them to “recoup” what they spent on the window. I don’t think my request is out of line…all I am asking is for them to fix my panel so that all the green lights are on showing that the system is running properly.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Karen. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations. We appreciate you providing us with photos and one of our specialists will be reaching out to you regarding your concerns. Thank you for your review.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 19, 2019

I have been trying to contact Vivint Solar since last week to get advice on lowering my my high tru-up bill. I sent a text copy of my PG&E bill to a rep that I spoke to. She said someone would be contacting me. I didn't hear from anyone, so I spoke with a neighbor and told me I might need additional panels. So I called Vivint Solar again today for information on installing more panels. I was told that panels could not be installed at my address. I already have Vivint Solar panels on my roof and also a monthly statement. Could you please explain this denial to me? Thanks.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Janice, we are sorry to hear that you have not yet received help regarding this concern. We have assigned a specialist to your account. The specialist will be reaching out to you to discuss this concern. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Vivint Solar gave me a third option which allowed me to not own nor put in an investment but just to reap the benefit to sell their solars. My experience has been very positive and smooth. Every interaction I've had with the installation has been positive. I've noticed that my bill has gone down and I am happy with the results right now. Vivint put a lot of study into going into whether or not to put the solar in and the sturdiness of the home. And if they were to give recommendations to the homeowner on how they could make their home more cost-energy efficient, that would help us significantly. And they’re already doing that but they just need to inform the owner. Other than that, I've had no issues at all.

Vivint Solar response

Hi Benjamin. We love hearing that you've had a positive experience with us and that you are seeing the benefits of solar. Thank you for choosing Vivint Solar.

Original review: March 17, 2019

The agent and I sat down and he told me what it was gonna be about. I was interested and we went into the details. I said no problem. They said it was gonna take about three months to get everything done. Their office will check with me every month how we were doing and keep me up to date on the procedure. I had to be available to them when they came in and did the install.

I also had to make sure everything was ready and I had a blank check for the rep, so I could charge my $1 to my account. Their people were knowledgeable and gave good instructions. Also, the people that came to install were professional. Anytime they were gonna come in, they would call. My decision to go solar has been good so far. I had my first bill this month and it was $47 which was about 50% off from my regular bill.

Vivint Solar response

Hi John, Thank you for your review and we're glad that the sales and installation teams did a great job! Thank you for your business.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Originally I liked Vivint. The sales people are great. But their customer service is horrible! People are really nice but they do not solve problems. I’m in the process of refinancing my house. Vivint puts a lien on their panels which shows up on the title to the house. The bank won’t approve a loan until they are in first position on the title. It’s a simple fix.

Banks do it all the time and should not take more than a couple of days. The bank submitted the request and got no response. A week later I called myself to see what was going on. I was told the process would be done three days from when I called. Four days after that I called again. Customer service had no answer for me. They gave me an email for the “filings department”. WORST DEPARTMENT ever. They don’t even have a contact number to call only an email. I’ve emailed them several times and apparently I’m not good enough of a customer to even solicit a response. A week after it was supposed to be done I still haven’t even gotten an email back. STAY AWAY from Vivint. Once they have you under contract they don’t care about their customers.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Dale. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We were able to complete the paperwork for the filing today and it is being sent overnight to your escrow agent. Thank you.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Vivint put a UCC-1 lien on my house without my knowledge. I was never told by the Yahoo that sold me the system, or by anyone else at Vivint at any time. Buyer Beware: I’m refinancing my house, and that’s when I found out about the lien Vivint put on my house. Vivint promised to assist with this and provide the proper documents to the title company in 7-10 business days. I called Vivint and requested an expedite. The CS rep refused, stating the document center is in Oregon and understaffed. And, they don’t have a phone number to call.

After 30 minutes of arguing and asking for a manager, all managers wherein a meeting and refused to assist me. I was told a manager would call me in 1-3 business days. I still haven’t received a call, and I'm on business day 11 and no documents. The refi is on hold. I’m not happy. The AG here is suing Vivint for fraud. I’m going to ride that lawsuit and get this system off of my house at Vivint’s expense. Vivint has settled with other States for similar business practices.

I have reviewed my contract with Vivint and here are all references to "lien":
1. You agree to keep the System and System Interests free from all liens. You shall indemnify Us against all losses, claims, costs and expenses (including attorney's fees) incurred by US in discharging and releasing any such lien, encumbrance, pledge, levy, or attachment arising by, under or through you.
2. Events of Default: place a lien on your property.

So, nowhere in the contract does it state Vivint would put a lien on my property. If I was told that during the negotiations, I would have not agreed to the absurd contract.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Charles. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. One of our specialists will be reaching out to you regarding your concerns. Thank you.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Our experience starting with Jose through to the final installation was great. Everyone was polite and helpful in every way. Jose kept us informed at every step along the way. We would definitely recommend your company to friends, family, and neighbors.

Vivint Solar response

Hello John. We are happy to hear that Jose took care of you. Thank you for choosing us as your solar provider.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Our spacious house has 1,600-plus square feet and it has an open ceiling design so it takes quite a bit of electricity to use during the summer. The representative from Vivint Solar was courteous and very professional. He got to the point on what it was about concerning of the design of the house and where it’s facing, where the panels would be, and how much power it would produce. We would be able to not only suffice our usage but also generate a lot of power that we could have. We can keep it and be able to either sell it back or just have plenty of energy to use, but would not be paying our suppliers and having high bills all the time.

We asked the rep to give us a few days to think about it. I had to explain how going solar would be more positive than negative to my wife. We decided to go with a power purchase agreement. I'm very satisfied with my decision to go solar. Prior to him, I was never approached by others with the same type of approach. They were more forcible in trying to get me to quickly agree on a 30-year purchase that I was not ready to get into. My experience with Vivint Solar was great. It gave us optimism and a feeling of well-being because we made a positive move not only to help ourselves but the environment.

Vivint Solar response

Hi Jose. We love hearing that you had a positive experience with the sales representative. Thank you for choosing us as your solar provider.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I was interested to put solar panels and the other companies always offered me a lease. With Vivint Solar, their panels belong to them. I was living in California and I had a solar panel for the pool and it was a big mess. With Vivint, they have their own insurance and enrolling with them was very easy. They checked my credit report. I worked with a man named Henry and he was very professional and attentive.

Vivint called me when they were going to come to install the solar panels and they installed them very well. Plus, they didn’t bother me in the house at all and it looked like the panels are working. They just connected the service last month. I just got the bill now and it's not too much different than before. One is a little bit lower but they are charging me two bills together. One is Nevada Power and the other one is Vivint. They told me that I’m going to save about 20%. But my electric bills here in Las Vegas is about 300 a month and $50 less is good. All in all, my experience with Vivint Solar was very good.

Vivint Solar response

Hi Haydee. We are glad to hear you've had a positive experience with us. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had thought of going with solar energy for years and I resisted it because I knew there were better systems coming up. When Brent the salesman came to my door, he convinced me that Vivint was the best. He's a very nice young gentleman and so far, I've had a good experience with Vivint. Enrolling was very easy and it wasn't frustrating at all. Brent did all the work and whenever I had a little problem, like when we were repairing the roof, I’d give him a call and he’d jump right in. While we've just been producing energy, I’m happy with my decision to go solar with Vivint.

Vivint Solar response

Thank you for leaving your feedback, Bart! We’re happy to hear that Brent did a great job and took good care of you. Thank you for doing business with us and we look forward to working with you more.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The worst company to deal with in regards to fixing a issue. I would never ever recommend this company to anyone. It takes them forever to deal with a issue. I have been dealing with this company for over 2 years on a problem with our solar panels. For 2 years we paid them monthly for the use of the first set of solar panels. It wasn't until we had a issue with the panels that the service guy and went up on the roof that we were told that the panels were not hooked up and that it is why our PG&E bill was running very high. When we were told about problem I called solar about this. And so have been fighting with them over the fact that they owe me money and that they will not refund the money that they owe me for 2 years. I need this issue resolved.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Pamela. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations. It looks like you are currently working with specialist, Kevin, he will continue to work with you regarding your concerns. Feel free to reach out to him directly with any questions. Thank you.

Vivint Solar expert review by Zachary Shahan

This company offers solar panels and a product line of solar batteries, powerful chargers and smart home apps to customers in 22 states. Plans include solar purchase, solar loan, solar power purchase agreement (PPA) and solar lease.>

• Solar panels: Vivint Solar offers polycrystalline panels for those looking to save money and monocrystalline panels for greater efficiency.

• Combined services: The process involves consultation, design, permitting, installation and activation. The company has partnered with LG Chem that provides batteries with an energy capacity of 9.8 kWh and warranty of 10 years. They are wall-mounted, noiseless and touch-safe.

• Customer acquisition and installation efficiency: Vivint Solar is reportedly very efficient when it comes to customer acquisition, allowing it to theoretically offer customers lower prices than its competitors.

• Financing model: Vivint Solar's most popular financing option is their PPA structure.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Vivint Solar Company Information