toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Vivint Solar

Hi, Janice. We're glad that the team has been great and has been diligent in working on your system. Thank you for going solar with us!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Everyone involved in Vivint has been absolutely wonderful in getting my solar up and running. The staff are professional and efficient, despite working for two days in the awful 110+ degree heat. I am pleased with this company and will definitely refer anyone I know that wants to go Solar. Thank you again.

Vivint Solar

Thank you, Joel! We love hearing that you are pleased with your decision and would recommend us to your family and friends. We appreciate the review and thank you for going solar with us!

Original review: June 3, 2016

My experience with Vivint Solar has been very smooth so far. Our rep, Sandy **, was very kind and thorough. Being an elderly couple, We were skeptical in the beginning. We didn't know much about the solar or different programs and she took the time to explain to us in a way that was very easy to understand. She was honest, upfront and clear about any concerns that we had. She was very patient with us and was always there to pick up when we called her. She even provided us with local references for us to call. We called all 3 and all 3 had wonderful things to say about their system, savings and the service of Vivint Solar. Our time to installation took one month and she got us moving forward quickly. The installers took less than 5 hours to complete about 38 panels on our home. Being retired, we are always looking for ways to save money so this made much sense. My wife and I are happy and will recommend them to our family and friends.

He did a great job. I will recommend to other people. I will be glad to get it connect. The solar panel look good on top of the house. I be glad to get hook up so I can see the electric bill go down then I be able to see the saving.

In January of 2015 two leaks were detected in my roof due to the installation of solar panels which were installed in 2013. It took 5 months and multitudes of crews and a roofer to find the leaks even though the leaks were clearly marked by myself. Shortly after re-installation of the panels, three additional leaks were discovered and attributed to the heavy roof traffic while repairing the original two leaks. The leaks were repaired but still this date (2/11/17) the panels have not been re-installed. Working with Vivint's damage resolution team, installation and supervisors has been daunting and very frustrating. I would not recommend them as a Solar company.

We were looking for solar panels, and my wife came across Vivint Solar. The salesman gave us some pretty good and straightforward facts, answered all our questions and wasn't pushy. They really had our interest in mind. The hardest part was the wait in getting the panels installed, for the inspection of the installation and then having them come out and replace the meter. Other than that, it was rather smooth. They were very professional and we're satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Solar?

Vivint Solar is a great company and I would recommend them to anyone! The sales rep David ** has answered every question and was helping us through the whole process! He is the type of person that wold take his shirt of his back and give it to you! He is a great asset to your company!

I get a call from Mary. I don't pick up since I do not know the number. I will call back and have to hit zero since Mary does not leave her last name or extension. I have to hit 0 many times. I get the operator. She ask me for Mary last name. Mary did not leave her last name or extension. Operator ask me what I have. Security or solar. I tell her, "I don't have security, I have S&W." So, that should tell the air head I do not have security, still send me over to security. WTF! Finally get a hold of Mary, I ask, "Why don't you leave your last name or extension." "Not require." I ask, "Then, why does the operator ask for it then." Piss poor listening skill. "We don't have to." I then stated, "Then how am I to get a hold of you?" No reply. I just said, "Goodbye." I do not know my account number. It is a two-way street.

Our going solar has been a good decision. It's efficient and our savings have been good. The only glitch that came up is with the design that they had for me for the panel and the ones they installed. They were going to give me panels that were 265 watts, but somebody dropped out and had to cancel. They shoved and moved me up on the schedule. Unfortunately, the person that they were gonna sell the panel for were actually 260 not the 265 that they had engineered for me.

After it was installed, they wanted me to sign a variance. That’s what brought it up to my attention. Once we started investigating, we found out that the panels installed were not the right ones. The technicians came back out, got up on the roof and looked at it and said those are the wrong panels. They had to add extra ones which I fortunately had the surface area and my roof can sustain the weight so it's okay.

Other than that, the gentleman I talked to was very good. He’s the one that spearheaded the whole process of getting the extra panels because basically, we agreed to one thing and he walked me through the process. Everything worked out very well and we’re saving money. They did everything they told me they were gonna do and they brought it up to speed so I’m happy. I would recommend this to a friend.

The installers were very professional and courteous. The installation took less than a day. The entire process was explained well. Erik ** was patient and knowledgeable with our questions; a great solar expert. We would recommend Vivint to friends and family!

Seeing a lot of recent activity on the block and having panels on the roof from 1980 (that never really worked) I researched Vivint. What holds true for all such companies is the 20 year lease of the panels. While not secured with a mortgage the lease stands up to challenge and becomes a liability when trying to transfer title to the property. In short, it makes a homeowner a title not quite as simple in transfer. Their interest must be taken into account. As to the effectiveness of the system we are too low on the sun angle to fully benefit and the effective life of the system is questionable as none has been used for 20 years. Panels are made in China and their life may be far less and require maintenance/replacement leading to catastrophic expense to the homeowner. My panels wore out after 15 years and the mechanical systems required replacement on numerous occasions.

I wanted to save money so I looked into going solar. Enrolling with Vivint was exciting and I didn’t run into any problems setting up, but now it’s like what they say - it’s too good to be true. When I spoke with the guy at the beginning, he told me my bill would be cut in half and I didn’t have to pay anything to the electric company. I would only have to pay Vivint. But I’m still paying on my electric which hasn't gone down and I’m also paying Vivint $26. So far it’s been like a nightmare because now I’m paying about $100 and I didn’t pay $100 in the wintertime. I just called them about a month ago and told them I haven’t saved any money. I want to know when I’m gonna start saving money.

I started looking into solar as an energy savings option and one of my friends had Vivint so I got them to come out, take a look at it, give me an update and they were the best price. So far, I'm very satisfied with my decision to go solar. I was saving money from the power bill that I currently had. Enrolling with Vivint went very smoothly. A gentleman came out to the house and talked about what the project would involve. Then next day or two, another gentleman came out, got on the roof and figured how many panels we would need and where to put them. Then within a couple of days after that, the gentleman came back again, laid out the custom home decision on the custom layout and said how many panels I'd need and the cost.

Then Mosaic had the best interest rate. They told me what the payment would be and talked about the tax and credits. Then they got it installed very quickly. The only knock on the process was it was almost a month before the Vivint inspectors signed off on it. When I talked to the sales guy, it was always him blaming it on the power company for not approving it quick enough, but as I talked to the city and the power company, it was Vivint that was slow on signing off on it that it was installed correctly. It was frustrating because I wanted to be getting that month of power generation going into the winter. I would have liked to have seen that quicker. Apart from that, I'm very satisfied with my experience. They did what they were supposed to and the panel seemed to be doing good. I have recommended Vivint Solar to a friend.

I'm an engineer working facilities and I knew quite a bit about solar energy, so when I had a bit of an interest in it, I decided to do it with Vivint Solar. I'm satisfied with my decision and it's one of the most fortifying experience. But there was a time that I didn't hear from anybody when I asked for a reconsideration on the amount of panels they were proposing. They said they had it and it would be a month to add it but it took four months before it came online and the time I decided to proceed. It was a little slow but it was positive and the salesman responded whenever I contacted him.

When the installation was nearing completion, I was impressed that the Vivint Solar regional office sent out a quality control inspector and he looked through things pretty well. He found a few items that he said needed to be adjusted by Vivint Solar. However, nobody's ever come back to do it. And the inspector also did not give me a copy of the inspection. I know what two of the items were and it hasn't been followed through, so we just meet so much disappointment. But still, they were pretty good, conscientious, and they kept me informed.

I have been looking into solar for some time. I talked to people on the phone about it, but they weren't in line to be explanatory to me and I was still skeptical. But then a knowledgeable young man from Vivint came, sat down and explained everything to my wife and I. Enrollment went very smoothly. The man went over the entire electric bill and said that deciding on the number of panels would be deciding as to what type of savings I would end up with. We went to 26 panels and he said that should give me almost 50%. If I got questions, he'll come by and answer them. He's very good. But I wish they'd reduce my bill into a perspective where I could get good savings. I'm waiting to see the big difference as what I'm paying Vivint is close to what I was paying before. Other than that, I'm satisfied. The service seems to be happening the way it was explained. I've no complaints.

The whole process was super from start to finish. I highly recommend Vivint Solar. And Debbie provided thorough, easy-to-understand information and kept me informed throughout the process. I look forward to saving money and safeguarding the environment for my grandkids.

My system has been down since October. I had no idea it wasn't working until my electric bill skyrocketed. A technician came out and fixed it. 2 days later the system was down again. I have been told for 2 months that a part is on order and someone will call me in a week. I have called numerous times and just keep getting told the same thing. Once they have their tax credits for the system, they don't care if it works or not.

My neighbor was a Vivint Solar customer. They were the ones who did most of the research on solar energy so when they had them installed, that's what I did as well. I was somewhat hesitant at first because of the condition of my roof. The rep and I talked about the idea that it would cost $500 to take the panels off and put it back on when I have the roof replaced. He said, "Once we get installed, I'll get you a check for $500." But I never saw that or heard anything about it so it was just a promise that didn't get kept. Also, I'm still paying the same electrical bills now since the system isn't really producing very much because of the time of the year. But I'm assuming I'm saving a little bit because I'm paying Vivint for $30 or $40 a month. But as a company and the way the process worked, my experience with Vivint Solar was good.

The sales rep of Vivint Solar lives a couple of blocks from my house. He was walking by one day and he asked if I would be interested in solar. I talked with him then he explained everything and I signed up the same day. He was a great guy, superb, and kept me informed of everything. He told me at the beginning that the process would take a long time, and they were. I signed up in June and became active at the end of November. It was dependent upon the power company and the city approving plans.

Everybody I worked with was great. However, I was not pleased with the installation. I asked it to be done a certain way on the conduit coming off the roof and they didn't do that. They had left several holes on the roof that I had to patch with tar. I'm not finding a reduction in my electric bill yet too much and thus, not saving much money at all right now. But I have to give some more months to see how the solar balances the electric. Overall, they're excellent and I recommended three different people that have gone with it and used it.

I've been working in solar for about 39 years and I originally had a contract with SunEdison. Then they went bankrupt and my son ran into Vivint. He did it and I thought it was great so I did too. Jason was the guy that I talked to and he was good. He knew what he was talking about and it was easy to do. Right now, we're doing about 40% energy from the sun, even in wintertime, and it feels good. I like it, it's qualified and smart.

Beware of the sales pitch like all companies. They overpromise and don't deliver. Vivint technically tells you the truth because yes their panels will save you energy. That is not in dispute. However what they say is that it will save you money and that is misleading. You have to PAY Vivint for all energy that the panels produce on top of the energy you still have to pay to your utility company. So basically any savings you have is a wash. My monthly payments actually went up compared to the previous year. DO NOT PUT SOLAR PANELS on YOUR HOME. IT'S A BIG SCAM.

We were approached by Vivint and had our large roof paneled. Since the beginning not all the panels worked. Now half of our panels don't work and we have been trying for months to get them repaired. We have overpaid and are not getting credit for the electricity we generate and feed into the grid. The customer service people lie and don't care about customers. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

We signed up for solar panels thru Vivint solar on June 15th 2016. Said it would take a couple of months, they had my loan approved ASAP but then drag their feet. After a few more months of them not returning calls it was installed on Oct 27th, they give you a customer service rep number if you need help, but guess what you leave messages and no return calls.

I was told I would not have two full bills for power. But I do since it took them so long there is only snow on the panels, final inspection was to be scheduled Nov 11 but didn’t happen!! We finally got permission to operate them on Jan 18, 2017. So I have been calling to see about the help they said they would do to offset two power bills. But once again you can’t get any HELP! It has taken 7 months from start to finish. Be smarter than me. Check with other people before making a final decision.

DANGER. DANGER. DANGER. VIVINT ELDERLY 81 YEAR OLD WOMAN HOMELESS. The Project was supposed to be Done before August. I ended up putting in a new circuit box and informed them of each step and they NEVER told me they were going to have Alpha & Omega come and RIP out the box and put a new one with a new meter after I spent all the money I spent on it. Then along with that they ended up putting a COPPER WIRE STREAK into the ground and hook through my attic to my HOT WATER TANK causing ELECTROLYSIS. That caused a slab leak under the house causing both hot and cold and have no more working water and the trees took over the slab as well and are coming up under the house. The leak was slow and progressed after they did what they did that day. Since September I have to bathe in buckets. I have very little water coming out of the faucet only enough to spend 5 to 6 hours a day filling buckets of water to heat for bathing and cleaning the house to keep clean surroundings. It's a day's work. You see I have wells and the constant leak caused the well pump to not only overwork but to arch and make a huge burn mark on my galvanized tank in the closet across from the hot water tank and furnace closet.

I have been suffering in pain. I was rear ended in a car accident back in 2000 so I have severe pain carrying all those buckets and under more medication. My mother got very sick when she spent the night here due to the moisture and severe cold from the drafts with cracks everywhere and bay windows cracked and front door is stuck shut. The entire house needs to be knocked down and rebuilt and I need a storage for all my belongings. I have a huge 2 acre estate here and it's salvaged. The insurance company has my house on the radar now for a cracked slab. I may not be able to get insurance with any other company after this. I have to sue them civil and I plan on doing it 200%. Every day the ceiling support beam is sinking more and cracking and de-attaching from the wall. The furnace and hot water tank are both gas and are sitting on top of the sinkhole that is under where the leak started.

Sydney ** in damage department has told me on the phone before that she does not think they are liable when I first told her and I told her in 3 different phone calls. She never did anything about getting the box they installed inspected. As of now there is no building permit that I have seen. Since September...No Halloween, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas. no New Years. Just danger and damages and our lives ruined. The expenses laundry at laundromat. Commuting, bottle water, excessive gas and electric. House does not heat like it used to. I have to heat water to bathe and clean. I am living in harsh conditions in my house and my shower is very hard to clean without running water.

Lots of bleach. I have buckets of water and bottles of water in old bleach containers and the water is harder than ever and I have to go see a dermatologist now this week due to the scale on my skin. Also I have lost hair from stress and on several different medications now. I lose track of days but I document everything and I only deal with Vivint by email. No more calls. Sydney kept promising to send someone down and she never did. Just played games with me and I plan on pursuing criminal charges as well to the people I have spoken to with emails with no responses.

Really looking forward to getting more information about solar. My wife and I feel Vivint is the way to go. Victor ** was extremely professional and knowledgeable and made the whole process very quick and easy. I say go for it.

When I first got started I had LOTS of questions. All the customer service members were very helpful. Dallin was the person who contacted me and sold me on the concept. He was always responsive to my calls. I do recommend Vivint Solar. I am a fairly new customer. I am enjoying the low cost in my electric bill.

Vivint Solar company is top notch company. The professionals working with Vivint is some of the most professional workers you will ever encounter. The information I received has been 100 percent accurate and after having solar panels I have realized it was one of the best choices I have made. Dallin's professionalism was a major factor in me choosing to give solar panel a chance. After working with Dallin I have referred him to other friends because I was so impressed by him. Great employee!!

My husband and I just had our solar panels installed today from Vivint and are ecstatic! We had the best salesman, his name was Ian **. We would recommend him to anyone. He was very knowledgeable about the solar program, he showed us how we could save money on our electric bill, he was calm and patient and answered any questions we had upfront and during the process. In addition the workman who did the installation were very efficient. If you have any questions about the solar program, contact Ian **. He will take care of you with integrity.

The project manager, William ** was great. Whenever we called him with questions or concerns he got all our questions answered quickly. The workers and survey people were very friendly and answered all our questions. We are now just waiting for it to be turned on when BGE is done.

The team mounted 27 panels and connected to my breaker panel in less than half a day. Very professional crew and it is nice to see a company hire Americans for installations. I would highly recommend Vivint Solar to anyone who wants to add solar panels to their roof.

From the very beginning of meeting Jim ** everything has gone right. We have had electricians here and also the installers here. They all were so nice and respectful of our property and us. They were amazing. The installers cleaned everything up, explained some things I had questions about. Jim ** has contacted me a few times to let me know what is next. Give a big???

Vivint Solar Company Profile