toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Vivint Solar

Hi, Janice. We're glad that the team has been great and has been diligent in working on your system. Thank you for going solar with us!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Everyone involved in Vivint has been absolutely wonderful in getting my solar up and running. The staff are professional and efficient, despite working for two days in the awful 110+ degree heat. I am pleased with this company and will definitely refer anyone I know that wants to go Solar. Thank you again.

Vivint Solar

Thank you, Joel! We love hearing that you are pleased with your decision and would recommend us to your family and friends. We appreciate the review and thank you for going solar with us!

Original review: June 3, 2016

My experience with Vivint Solar has been very smooth so far. Our rep, Sandy **, was very kind and thorough. Being an elderly couple, We were skeptical in the beginning. We didn't know much about the solar or different programs and she took the time to explain to us in a way that was very easy to understand. She was honest, upfront and clear about any concerns that we had. She was very patient with us and was always there to pick up when we called her. She even provided us with local references for us to call. We called all 3 and all 3 had wonderful things to say about their system, savings and the service of Vivint Solar. Our time to installation took one month and she got us moving forward quickly. The installers took less than 5 hours to complete about 38 panels on our home. Being retired, we are always looking for ways to save money so this made much sense. My wife and I are happy and will recommend them to our family and friends.

Dallin was very knowledgeable about solar panels and very professional. He responded to our questions in a timely fashion. We would definitely recommend Vivint to our friends and family. Everything was completed in a timely fashion and we didn't have any issues at all.

I am not in the grid system yet but everything leading up to and including the install went flawlessly. The Vivint rep Joshua ** was always professional, courteous and prompt. He is an asset to the company. Everything was communicated and confirmed and I am very pleased. Can't wait to start saving money and generating some power. :)

I got solar panels October-2015. I was promised savings - instead I have been paying about $20 - $30 more monthly. Please do a better research and get different solar company. At the end of the year I got $21.45 savings for the whole year. Do not get Vivint Solar.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Solar?

We have been very satisfied with Vivint Solar's service and staff and are very pleased. The process was smooth and just as they explained. I recommend that anyone considering solar should contact Brandon with Vivint Solar. We are thrilled with the savings we are experiencing and this program cost us nothing. Anyone considering should get their information directly from Vivint Solar. They did exactly what they said. We couldn't be happier!

I really enjoyed my whole process for getting solar through Vivint! Dallin was wonderful and everything went as explained from beginning to end. The follow up and ease of scheduling was exceptional. I can't wait to see my savings on my first bill!

I am a retired NYC police officer so I am very weary of everything! When the Vivint salesman, Joshua ** knocked on my door I almost threw him out. Glad I didn't. He is wonderful and the only reason I have solar panels right now. Keep up the good work Vivint! And keep employees like Joshua. He is the perfect representative for your product.

I met with the Vivint representative on two occasions and basically was sold on the almost 50% savings that he was pitching without the obligation to the hardware. My concern was if I moved, would I be responsible with the system. He described it as a utility that you could choose to use or not and that I would not be responsible for the system. That was incorrect. That is only the case if the new owners accept the contract, otherwise, I am responsible.

Then when I finally ran the savings numbers based on the system they designed, I discovered that not only would I not save a dime, I was actually paying more for the electricity the majority of the time. So, I canceled my installation through Vivint's process. But, guess what, the installers showed up anyway to install the equipment. We had to inform them that we had canceled the contract. Not sure why that happened, but definitely poor communication throughout the process and, in my opinion, some suspect business practices when it comes to pitching their product. In my experience, honesty with the customer goes a long way.

Well, I just discovered two more leaks. One that is in the SAME place that has been repaired TWICE before! Even had a new roof put on! The problem is that the technicians do not know how to install without compromising the integrity of the roof. So, the leaks get fixed, but when they reinstall the panels (which takes MONTHS by the way, so you are producing less energy as long as those panels are not on) they poke holes in your roof and then it starts all over again...more leaks.

The other issue is that several months ago, I called regarding my billing and they told me I had been overcharged for the past 6 months and that they'd do a "compensation report" and that someone would be calling me. Needless to say, no one called me. I have called back several times regarding this and keep being told that someone will call me. Still waiting. They also said two of my panels were functioning but not "reporting" and that someone would look into it and get back to me. Can you guess what the status of THAT is?

I want these panels off my roof and a new roof. This is unacceptable and will not be tolerated anymore. I will take action and am contacting a lawyer tomorrow to see how I can get out of this contract and away from this horrible company. And...I'm actually paying MORE for electricity. The only "benefit" is that I'm reducing my carbon footprint. But at what cost? It's just not worth it to me anymore to be "doing the right thing" but paying for it in the end.

My experience with Vivint Solar so far has been a positive experience. My representative William ** has been great and very informative, and helpful. I am slowly going through the process and need to do some improvements to my roofing system, and William is very understanding and has been very helpful with working out my issues. The young man that did my solar review and system check was also professional and informative. So as it stands so far so good. When I have the system I should be saving at least $100 a month.

The team of workers that came to install the solar panels were very professional and knowledgeable. They answered all questions and cleaned up upon completion. I would definitely recommend Vivint Solar to my friends. Very pleased with the results and thankful to Joel ** for the hard work to get us approved and set up. He did a great job. Was very patient and understanding to all the questions we had.

The whole process has been very professional and friendly, as well as easy to deal with and very well prepared. They are always ready to answer any questions or supply documents or information if needed. Sales person was very pleasant and showed up at installation to answer questions.

Overall my experience has been good. My salesperson has been great about staying in touch and following through when I ask questions. I was not happy about how long it took to go through the process from beginning to being live. I also was not happy about the number of times I was assigned a new account manager, and the gaps in communication because of that. Now that I am live, I wish Vivint provided me the ability to view my daily production, and for that information to stay available so I could see it graphed throughout the month.

For us, it was a very transparent process from sales to install. The sales rep was very transparent with the entire process and was available whenever we had questions. The only issue we had was that the power needed to be cutoff during the install and we did not expect it to be off for the 4 hours it was.

We are happy with the whole process and look forward to making the world a better place and saving money. Everyone was extremely professional and quick to respond to our questions. Joel is a great rep. He is on top of everything.

Received great customer service from our consultant Ron ** who was very personable and answered all my questions about Vivint Solar. The installation team performed the installation with professional and efficient service. I would recommend anyone to contact this company to learn more.

I had a great experience with Vivint Solar. My rep Jesse was very knowledgeable and kept me informed through the whole process. His assistant Nicole was also amazing. I am excited to save money and help the environment. Highly recommended.

From start to finish I had a great experience with Vivint Solar. My rep Jesse was great and helped me through the process from start to finish. I was skeptical at first but after seeing my new bills, I'd highly recommend Vivint Solar!

I was referred to your company by my neighbor and I am please to have followed through. Mr Brandon ** helped me get the contract and even answered his phone when I had questions about my bills. SO far, I am very happy with the service, especially the savings in my electrical bills. I even had a $40 bill from Pepco! That never happened before. So yes, I've made the right decision going solar. Keep up the good work.

We have been very pleased with the service provided by Vivint Solar. From the beginning, they were very upfront about the process to obtain solar panels and were helpful with answering questions and providing timeframes along the way. Our electric bill has decreased dramatically! We are overall extremely pleased and would highly recommend Vivint Solar.

Joel ** (Sales), Gabriel (Installation) and The Electrician--(I have forgotten his name) and all of their respective crews were professional and congenial. They showed up on time and finished ahead of schedule. The clean up was well done, but it was mostly dark before I could thoroughly inspect the area. I'll know on Tuesday 11/01/16 once I survey the entire area. The job itself looked professional but I will require a couple of good rain storms and a substantial snow event to see if there is any leakage. As far as the operation of the system and savings--it's too early to tell. We need the necessary approval prior to activating the system. Regards.

In choosing to go with solar panels and save money, we looked extensively at every avenue. From the first day dealing with Vivint, there was just something that I didn't trust. From the day the sales rep came out there was nothing but delays, hold ups, missed forms, etc. Through constant pressure I finally received the design which was completely opposite of what was described in the meeting. I was assured that the remaining aspects would be completed immediately and the panels would set for an install date. After the initial meeting in March 2016 before the paperwork, surveys, designs, and delays were completed the calendar had pushed to June 2016. To my surprise the rep called to say we're scheduled for July 1st install which got my hopes up.

Unfortunately my expectations were dashed again when they didn't show up (mind up after I lost a day's pay). I called to see what the issue was through my rep who had no answer and needed to get back to me, which in turn took weeks again. After another month of waiting for something, I was informed the panels would be installed in August. Thankfully they arrived as required. The workers that were sent spoke little to no English, and looked like they were found on the corner.

After the work was "completed" my house was left littered with wires, metal shavings, self-drilling screws (inside and out). The craftsmanship was and is terrible being that none of the PVC unions were secure along with the gap left from where they cut the outside wall to reach behind the panel. As a result of the work, I had two brand new tires punctured that needed to be replaced so my car is safe for my family. After the installation was completed I was reached out by a service rep would ignore my messages for weeks. After 2 months of no contact, no power generated, no resolution to my damages. I called the office only to be given a new "rep" who to this day hasn't resolved any of the underlying issues. I've been in contact with him for 3 weeks with no answer other than "sorry".

I am very pleased with my solar panels and the savings I am receiving. Many of my neighbors have asked me about them and also now have them. I believe Brandon was a very good representative for Vivint. Thank you very much.

I cannot say I am pleased with the company yet. We were excited with the prospect of clean energy and saving money. However after 10 months we are still waiting. It took three months to get the installation. Another FOUR months for the city to approve it and THREE more months we are still waiting for the electric company to install the meter. It doesn't feel like the priority is installation and completion. I see them installing more and more but many of our friends and neighbors are STILL waiting for a finished product. This translates into poor customer satisfaction. Friends of mine went with different companies and were up and fully running in less than three months on average.

I got solar in March 2016. My rep (Joe **) lies and gives you the runaround continuously. I was told my PSEG bill would go away, it did not. So now I'm paying PSEG and Vivint. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Make sure you do plenty of research before you get solar, and not by these guys.

A Good Company, An Outstanding Rep, a new Friend. That is what I've found since Richard ** introduced himself and his company, Vivint. He has walked us through each step in getting a solarized home. Answers? He has them and is so generous with his time. If only other companies we deal with has the knowledge he has and is willing, day or night, to answer your questions and alleviate concerns. I am indebted to him for making the decision to go solar an informed and pleasant one.

Have any of you had dealings with Vivint Solar? We hired them to put a solar system on our roof in April. They said it would take about one week to put it up. It is now the end of October and it is still not all up and working!!! They came out today to finish up and guess what most of the wiring has to be re-done. They have been paid in full already and we have not gotten the solar they are supposed to deliver. I don't usually pay before the job is done but the mortgage company paid them off. Now I pay monthly to the mortgage company and I'm collecting interest (plus my monthly electric bill). My advice to anyone looking for solar energy is don't use Vivint!

Overall a good experience and would recommend to a friend. There was some difficulty getting through the paperwork aspect after the installation due to software program changes and personnel changes at Vivint. Since the system has been operational there was a minor billing issue that was resolved after some time and some phone calls. For the past 6 months it has been smooth sailing. We enjoy seeing the credit balance we have with our power supplier!

Vivint Solar

Hi, Rose. We're so sorry to hear about the loss of your father's home. We'd like to look into this immediately. Can you send us your father's account number and address to socialmedia@vivintsolar.com? Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Our house caught on fire from the panels!!! Vivint has been worse than anyone could imagine. We had the burned panels taken down as well as the undamaged portion, on the larger roof. We had to pay the costs for that roof to be repaired, out of pocket. My 77-year-old father was displaced to a senior apartments. Six months later, he was was so sick with stress, he ended up selling the house at half its worth (half-repaired). Vivint is still charging him monthly, for solar power even though there are no panels up and he does not own the house. This is one year later. He has called and complained but, no one will show any compassion. I am totally disgusted, about how they are treating my father. This has been a huge loss. Our family home gone and still being billed for solar power that is not being used. My father still can not sleep nights due to this trauma, mistreatment and displacement.

Vivint Solar Company Profile