It's that easy Request Information
3.64/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We are committed to providing a lower-cost, environmentally conscious alternative to traditional utility generated energy. We enable our customers to access the advantages of solar energy with little to no upfront costs to them through long-term contracts that generate recurring, predictable customer payments to us. We aim to provide best-in-class customer service and deploy technology that empowers our customers to take charge of their energy future.

We offer distributed solar energy — electricity generated by a solar energy system installed at customers’ locations — to residential customers based on 20-year contracts at prices below their current utility rates. Our customers pay little to no money upfront, typically realize savings of 15% to 30% relative to utility generated electricity immediately following system interconnection to the power grid and continue to benefit from guaranteed energy prices over the term of their contracts, insulating them against unpredictable increases in utility rates.

Vivint Solar Video
Vivint Solar Gallery (6)
View More View More

1783 Vivint Solar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I heard about the alarm program first, the home security. So, we had that installed at my nephew's house. Then, we branched out into their solar services at my house. The system went live in December, and I like this thing so far. We set that up with salesman Sean and got everything approved. The installation crew came, and they were quite efficient. They installed the panels and all the different stuff in a day. So, then, it was just a waiting process to get everything approved through NV Energy. They also upgraded something in my house.

I got a deal from them for $20 plus on some days, and I didn't really quite get the understanding of that. But basically what they were telling me is that this time of the year that my panels aren't producing. Still, I had no idea that I would be paying solar. I was kinda looking for a discount from NV energy. But, I haven't looked much into it where they could assess everything for what I am producing. So, I'm live. I check my daily juice because I got the apps, but days like today, the panels are not producing anything. Nevertheless, I'm also trying to refer solar to some friends.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I am always skeptical of people coming door-to-door and have said no to dozens of them. The rep from Vivint solar was different, and he was able to explain the process and program in a way that made complete sense to me. After he left our home my husband and I did our research and noticed a lot of negative reviews on the company and admittedly were a bit leery of moving forward. However, after doing the cost analysis and talking to some of my neighbors that were customers of Vivint, we decided to move forward.

We’ve had our system installed now for about three months and we are so glad that we went with Vivint. A lot of my girlfriends have solar on their homes from other companies and they have told me horror stories that have never even come up in our experience with Vivint. We’ve been very pleased with the customer service, and the professionalism of every single company representative that has come to our home. I acknowledge that not every experience will be perfect, but ours has been excellent and we are very pleased so far.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Jamie. We love hearing that you have had a great experience with us. Thank you for choosing us to go solar.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Two years ago this nightmare started! The solicitor was an unusually nice young man who, immediately after my contract was signed, revealed that he was returning to his home state of Florida; and everyone that I came to know during the installation process no longer is employed by Vivint. For a full year, I was double billed and was told they thought I wanted them to charge my Amex card also even though I was paying monthly. No money was ever returned. I was informed that the initial panels were outdated and used only in preparing the roof and installing the holding brackets. I’ve never received new panels and these are dull, dirty, uneven and squirrels and birds have built nests under them.

I’ve spoken with over twenty young employees at the company in Utah and no one knows anything! Initially my regular gas and electric bills were lower but Vivint’s bill is higher than my regular bill was. They performed an energy evaluation and discovered that I save an average of $17/month with the panel. My new roof, before panel, is now leaking and the last meter reader said there was no longer anyone in my area from Vivint and that all bills are based on guesstimates. They continue to send monthly email bills but I’ve never been able to reach anyone by phone. I’m a disabled senior and I now have to seek legal counsel regarding the damage to my home and the increased financial energy cost. WARNING: This company is a scam that seems to be operating by a group of young people out of someone’s basement in Utah.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Doris. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We want to look into this further to assist in resolving your concerns. We have created a case and one of our specialist will be reaching out to you within the next couple of days to address your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I really enjoy working with Vivint Solar. It's a pleasure. They always keep me informed and they answer all my questions. The longest delay was waiting for government agencies like for permitting. Then PG&E took several months to register this. Vivint Solar also had a little trouble in the installation. It was a wiring issue and it took them well into the evening to get it finished, whereas they told me it would only take about half a day. So they struggled a little and they had to come back and double-check it. But stuff happens. Nonetheless, Vivint Solar has been very professional and courteous. The experience has been really great. We started last summer and it has been eight months, and the system saved me 100 bucks last month. I also referred it to my friend and that was a bonus. Vivint Solar sent me a $250 check for the referral. It was great.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

When we had our solar panels installed about 8 months ago Vivint Solar told us our roof was in good condition and had at least 10 years of life left. We just had a home inspection because we are selling our home and turns out our roof needs to be replaced. Customer service could not help us. They told us we have to write a letter to legal. Our other option is to pay $2500 to remove the panels and then replace the roof. I would never recommend Vivint Solar. They are very dishonest and are not willing to help us.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Megan, the specialist assigned to your account reached out to James on 2/12/2019. Please send us an email to online-reviews@vivintsolar.com if there is a better contact you want us to use regarding this concern.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivint Solar?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

First of all, these panels are a waste and I would never recommend Vivint solar to anyone. We moved into our current place on August. So it was not our choice but we were asked to take the lease over. On August, September and October, there were some "technical" problems with the meter, so we didn't get any credits for produced electricity. Our roof faces south and there are no trees nearby that would obscure the sunlight. Also, we have 13 solar panels. In the month of January, it only produced little over 200 kwh and we got credit of 108 kwh on our electricity bill. Even the lady at the electricity company says that this is very low kwh produced for any solar panels.

I think Vivint solar uses pretty low grade panels. I called customer service with this concern and he would only say because it's winter. But even with a common sense, 13 panels to produce only 200 khw for a whole month doesn't make sense. I asked him if they could send a technician to make sure all the panels are working and he says there is no need because the panels are working fine. I wanted to get the panels off from the roof and he says we are bound to 20 year contract. What a complete waste when the panels are just taking a room on your roof and not even helping with your electricity bill but I guess Vivint Solar really doesn't care!!

Vivint Solar response

We are disheartened to hear about your experience so far. We want to help. We have assigned a specialist to review your system and reach out to you regarding this concern. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Vivint was easy to sign up with and installation was a breeze. However, they failed to really explain that we would owe our regular electric company after the end of a 12 month period. We were caught off guard, but moved past that disappointment. About a year later, we had a return visit from a salesperson saying the could add panels to our roof to save us even more money. We gladly installed more panels. Somehow the system stopped communicating with Vivint. We were not notified. Apparently this lack of communication was going on for about 6-7 months. I found out when one of our bills came in saying we didn't owe anything.

I called Vivint and they sent out a technician. Once the panels were communicating properly again we thought everything would be fine. Then we received a larger than normal bill, double the amount. I called in customer service and they had to put in a request to have the account reviewed. They based this billing off of their guesstimate of usage, which was a completely exaggerated guesstimate. I called customer service to have the account reviewed. They denied my claim, but never once called me to explain that it was denied or why. I called a few times and I guess each time they put in a new claim and each time it was denied, but I was never given notification that it was under review or that it had been denied.

I had to call customer service at least 7 times over a two month period before I was finally able to speak to a manager. The manager, after several phone calls and me sending him a spreadsheet of the usage and what we should be charged, finally got our bill reduced. However it was still over what we should be owing. When I asked that he send me a breakdown of the calculations, he said he could not share that with me. A partial credit was applied to the correct account and a partial credit was applied to an incorrect account. (We have 2 accounts. 1 for the first set of panel and 1 for the second set. They could not but both sets on 1 account.) I called customer service to try and straighten out those account and make them correct. I was told they could not moved the credit to the correct account.

Now, our second system is not communicating with Vivint, again. This has been going on since January and I only found out because I went onto the dashboard to see why my last payment was not taken out of my account. I'm so sick of being on the phone with these people. This process took 4 months to get resolved, and I would not even consider it a resolution at this point. If you do not have your payments coming directly out of your bank account, you do not have access to look at your monthly billing. You will also be charged an extra $5 per month penalty.

Half of my time on the phone with customer service is being placed on a 3-5 minute hold, over, and over, and over so that they can review the account. Shouldn't all previous notes just automatically be a few keystrokes away? If not, it's time to update your CRM. This does not even cover the roof leak we had and the fact that it took a month before they could look at it and then 2 months before they could come fix the roof, repaint our ceiling, and replace the crown molding. We really wish we could get out of this contract.

Vivint Solar response

We apologize for the frustrations this has caused. We want to have a specialist look into this situation and help resolve your concerns. We have assigned a specialist to reach out to you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We had hail damage requiring a new roof which also shattered one of our brand new panels. It took approximately 4 months to get Vivint to finally come out and remove the panels so we could replace the roof. Expect to be on hold for at least 30 minutes for any call that isn't for sales. Once you wait 30 minutes, expect to be transferred to another department for another 30+ minutes. This happens every time I call. No one can figure out which department deals with existing issues. Apparently there is a department for removal and reinstall.

But they don't deal with scheduling. And to buy a new (replacement) panel, you have to talk to sales. After you schedule the install. Which could happen before the new panel arrives. Which means waiting at least 30 minutes to talk to scheduling. In my 15+ calls concerning this issue with them, I've had one person who was willing to go above and beyond to figure out everything required - but this was just for the removal. Now is the monumental task of scheduling the reinstall. I've spent approximately 2.25 hours on the phone so far (and counting as I'm on hold now) and literally nothing has been done to get my panels back on the roof. So if customer service is high on your list, I would strongly consider another company until Vivint can figure out a better system.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Michael. We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look further into this for you. Please send us an email with your address. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My neighbor recommended Vivint Solar. She said there would be no initial cost and she talked it up. But there were so many different things. The city might have had a backlog and it took them a while to get out. But then they didn't like our walls being so close. So there was like, "Okay. Where are we gonna put the panel?" We had to do some construction and that took quite a while so that there was a 30-inch clearance. That was not any fault of anyone. But Vivint Solar should have known that we needed that clearance.

The person who initially comes out, whether it's a salesman or whoever, should have a better understanding of what might go wrong, to give the customer an appreciation of how long it would take. Because that 30-inch clearance was not even talked about for a few months. Then they were gonna dig a ditch, like cut into the concrete. One subcontractor, the electrician, may have messed up a little bit too. He put a 110 wire, where there should've been a 220, to one of our heaters. Then it wasn't marked on the panel. So he had to be called back out. But I don't know if he fixed that.

There were also several holes in the roof. I think they were searching for a joist but they didn't refill those holes and that is unforgivable. If you're gonna drill a hole, at least fill it back in. When it rained, there was leaking through the roof into the wall. Then it snuck inside the window so my windowsill was wet every time it rained. They came out and tried to fix it. But it's gonna rain again today and if it leaks, then I'm not happy again. There are just a few things that make me exhausted and it's taking a while. We're almost up to speed but not quite. There's still a glitch. I like the people though. All the people I dealt with were fine and really conscientious. They were all good and they tried their best. And I give high marks to Dylan. He was great.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Installed not as contract. No county inspection. My electric panel caught fire. Vivint is doing nothing about it. Have nearly 100 hours of wasted time on hold with customer service. Stuck with useless solar on my house. VIVINT please save your sorry excuse for this. Your company is a joke.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Brandon. Our specialist Rob has been working with you regarding your concerns. He will continue to work with you. If you have any additional concerns please feel free to email us. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

A rep came to our door to offer Vivint services and explained it in a way that seemed amazing and that I would be saving money. My husband was never home on days that the rep came to see me or ever signed a paper. I signed one paper that the rep said was for approval. Yet, one day the installers were here to put everything up on the roof. Fast forward, a year later, my bills are the same and plus Vivint is asking me for money as well. So now I have two electricity bills instead of one. Also, when they called me, they have an email address on file that is nothing close to mine's. I asked for a copy of the agreement and it has a signature by my husband's name that is not even his and was obviously forged. I am definitely going to take legal action against them.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Miranda, we want to look further into your situation. We have assigned a specialist to your account, they will be contacting you to discuss these concerns.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My family was always interested in getting solar panels. The Mrs decided to go with Vivint solar. After signing the contract they came out several times to check the electric, the roof, the amount of sun. Any issues they had they resolved. Cutting down trees replacing electric Box Etc. They installed solar panels on the roof. Before the panels were even turned on our roof started leaking. Took them a week and a half before they came out to check on it. It's been almost another week and still no answer. I'd go with them if you want a leaky roof and a slow response.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Nella. We are sorry to hear about your experience. It looks like you are currently working with our Damage Resolutions team to resolve your concerns. They should continue to work with you to address your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need additional assistance. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I had been interested in solar energy since the early '70s. It was just a question of finding a practical way of using it. I saw Vivint on Facebook and I expressed interest. They started calling me and it all sounded like a good deal. There was no upfront cost and the cost per kilowatt was reasonable. SunBug Solar came in a few years ago but they wanted about $25,000 upfront. Once I signed with Vivint Solar, the crew was there and the panels were up. That wasn't the problem. The problem was I couldn't turn the system on until I got permission and it was a very slow process. The part I was not crazy about was the paperwork. It had to go back to somewhere in the state and the state had to okay it but there was this bouncing back and forth and it took weeks to set up the system. The paperwork must have gotten lost and had to be resubmitted.

It took about three months from installation to activation and by then, summer was over. I didn't have a problem with the way they handled themselves though. It was more of a question of trying to get this thing on the way. But other than the delayed time, I'm very satisfied with Vivint. We've had quite a bit of sun. I'm getting the bills from Vivint and from National Grid, and the National Grid bills are a lot lower than it used to be. We're not shy about electricity either.

Vivint Solar response

Hi John, We love hearing that you're seeing the benefits of solar! Thank you for leaving your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The people at Vivint Solar answered anything that I had a question on and the people who came over to install the system were very nice and pleasant. After that, I had another call from the salesman asking how we were satisfied with it. In particular, we were impressed with the gentleman who came in here. He explained everything and he seemed to be honest. My neighbors had used them as well so we got a little feedback from him. So far, we've had a good experience. We were not interested in buying the solar itself. We're just leasing and it seems to be working. I'm very satisfied so far, as long as we don't have to go up and clean the panels. I also referred Vivint Solar to another neighbor of mine.

Vivint Solar response

Hi Jeannette, We love hearing that the sales representative and our operations team did a great job! We're happy you decided to go solar with us. Thank you for leaving your feedback!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

A buddy of mine had Vivint hooked up first and then he talked me into it. Enrolling with them was quite simple and easy. A gentleman came out and talked to us, and he was a very pleasant and nice guy.

Vivint Solar response

Thank you for leaving your feedback, Harry! We love hearing that you've had a positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing us to go solar!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We were looking into getting solar energy services. We had another company, but then we lost track of their rep. Then, Alejandro from Vivint Solar came in at the right time. He was going around in the neighborhood and advertising. Also, our neighbor next door had just installed hers, so we kind of like piggybacked from her. We did the enrollment online and the customer service was good. They always responded politely to whatever questions we had. There was a problem when all the lights on the lower level went off when they were installing the panels and we didn’t know what the problem was. They went out of their way and called an electrician to fix it when whoever was installing the panels could not do it. That was a plus.

Vivint Solar response

Hi Palmyra. We love hearing that you have had a great experience with our installation crew. Thank you for choosing us as your solar provider.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My roof is leaking from two different spot. Sent somebody to check it and they said they fix it. They fix the leak from the roof. How did they know that the leak is fix if you don’t know where the leak is coming from. Call them. They said I need to call a private company to fix the problem, it’s not their problem anymore. My advice to the new customer planning to get a solar, please avoid this Company. Vivint Solar is a joke.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Edan, we apologize for the situation that you have experienced so far. We have assigned a specialist to your account, they will be reaching out to you to discuss these matters.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We talked to a representative from a different company about solar and I’ve been thinking about it. One of the things that prompted us to go solar was our $310 electric bill during the summer, and then a $308 and a $300 one following that. We looked at it pretty closely because we’ve heard some many horror stories of people signing up with solar and then through the course of events, getting their houses repo-ed. We were pretty hesitant, but our solar representative from Vivint Solar did a great job of explaining things to us. And when we had questions, he was quick to answer them and had reasonable explanations. We finally decided we couldn't afford those kind of bills anymore.

I was slightly disappointed in the winter thing because the rep did say that our bills from APS should be around 15 bucks plus the solar bill. And it turns out it was 30 bucks. That worries me just a little bit, a nice preset turn for the summer, when we’re gonna be using the air conditioning and everything so much, whether or not it’s gonna be lower or am I gonna get hit with both the solar bill of 100 bucks and an APS bill of 100 to 150 or something. But the customer service rep is very good. I told him that amount. I sent him my last two bills and he’s looking at them.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Stanley. We love hearing that you had a good experience with the sales representative and that he is continuing to work with you. If you do have any additional questions do not hesitate to reach out to us at 877-404-4129 opt 3 then opt 4. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

With all the changes going on in this state with our power, I was very interested in protecting myself and taking control of my power. Vivint approached my door and explained how they provide cheaper power without me having to spend thousands of dollars to buy solar panels. It was a no brainer for us and our rep Josh ** was top notch. He was a no pressure rep who explained everything very thoroughly and was diligent with follow up. Vivint handled everything efficiently from the install to the activation. We are up and running in less time than Josh projected and would definitely recommend to friends and family!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Concern about climate change is very important to me and to my family and so far, I'm happy with our decision to go solar. We enrolled with Vivint Solar and the whole process was pretty straightforward but it was a little too long for me. It took four or five months. Also, there was an instance in which they asked for me to do some maintenance and I made an appointment. They were supposed to be there but they never told me they came and did it. And then they didn’t keep me in the loop. But whenever I had a concern, they always got back to me, although it didn’t happen right away.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I became interested with Vivint Solar because there was no out-of-pocket money involved. The enrollment went fine. But what I'm having problems now is the customer service part of it. I got these confusing emails, and it said if I wanted to see my usage I had to sign up. I haven't been able to and then when I called, I was on hold for the longest time. I don’t have the time to sit after 10 minutes. I got other things to do. But the sales person that came to the door was really nice and helpful. Everybody lets me know the progress of it and what was going on up until after it's gotten up and running. I would recommend them.

Vivint Solar response

Hi Kathryn. Thank you for providing your feedback. We are happy that you had a good experience with the sales representative. If you have questions regarding accessing the Account Center, feel free to send us an email. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We had a young man visit us and he was a nice and personable person. We got interested in Vivint's program as we didn't have to pay for the solar system itself. We filled out an application and made sure that we passed the credit check. It took about two and a half months and then we were connected. The first time installation was pretty fast. The guys came out, removed the tiles and put in the system right away. There was one tile that got cracked on the side of our house and they replaced it. We recently added more panels. Edison, the actual provider, was difficult. Some of the processes got held up by them ‘cause somebody had to come out and look at everything. Then, the billing from Edison became ridiculous and that was one of the reasons we decided to go 100% solar. We were only at 80% and we’re at 103% solar now.

The only issue I had was with the young man that took the salesmanship over. He was not quite the same as the other guy. He said one thing that offended me and I called Vivint Solar because I didn’t like what he said. Otherwise, we like Vivint Solar's service. We’ve only had them for a couple years, so we're hoping that they stand by their word. They’ve helped us and responded when we’ve had any kind of issues. So far, we’re satisfied with our solar program. It's one of the things that will help us in the next seven years if there’s a problem, which I hope there won’t be. I’ve recommended Vivint Solar to a couple people.

Vivint Solar response

Thank you for leaving your feedback, Tamye! We love hearing that you've had a positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing us to go solar!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Before you agree to purchase solar panels from this company, people should know that their system emits huge spikes of microwave radiation every 15-50 seconds. Radiation levels are through the roof in this house when the system is on and it is because of Vivint Solar, that a smart meter was placed on this house, also transmitting huge spikes of microwave radiation throughout the house. Everyone in the house became sick and I now suffer from microwave radiation poisoning. The smart meter has been removed but Vivint Solar has refused to do anything to correct the problem. They know exactly what they're doing too. They know it's dangerous and they do not care.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Jeanice. We are sorry you feel this way. If you have any questions regarding your account, please send us an email with your address. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I wanna do something for the environment so I got the service of Vivint Solar. It has been cheaper for us and their reps keep up with me. They ask me questions and ask me how things are going.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Onesimo. We love hearing that you are seeing the benefits of solar. Thank you for choosing Vivint Solar as your provider.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Vivint Solar was in the neighborhood doing some surveys then their salesperson came by and left his business card on my door. We called them and they came out and talked to us a few times. They were very helpful and upfront. They sent people out to estimate the validity of the roof and to make sure that it would support the panels. Then after the roof was approved, they were very rapid in setting up a schedule and doing the actual install of the panels. The salesperson, Jorge, was very good on answering any question and getting back to me as soon as everything got scheduled. He told me when the installers were gonna be here and they were here on that day, even earlier than the time that was set.

The crew was like half a dozen guys and I couldn't believe how well they worked together and I was amazed how well they took care of everything. Everybody got their ladders out, they had about three or four ladders going. They had people going up and down, putting the parts up, and lifting panels and the final installation. They also put up cones and barrier tape around there to shield off anybody from getting in their construction zone. They had the 19 panels put up on my roof in a matter of hours. They were going in every which direction and cleaned up everything.

Also, I was surprised how efficient this crew worked. Nobody sat around or moaned and groaned. And it was a sunny day, too. I offered them drinks and they told me they’ve got all their own drinks. They have worked together for a while and had good leadership and supervision from the supervisor who kept everybody on his toes. The crew just was a well-oiled machine. I even called the company and I said that those guys deserve a pat on the back because there was not one person that didn’t do his job.

After the panels were installed, though, it took a while before Nevada Power got on here and put the meter. Vivint had checked back and told me then that I was still on the scheduling for that, but they really have no control when the power company was gonna come. And now, we’ve had two bills, $31 for the first time and $61 this last billing, and I’m really looking towards the summer to evaluate what the bills are gonna be. It’s kind of the wintery time and in the last couple of weeks, there hasn’t been that many sunshine days. Nevertheless, I’m very satisfied with my whole experience with Vivint Solar.

Vivint Solar response

Hi Mark. We love hearing that you had a great experience with the sales representative and our installation crew. Thank you for choosing us to go solar.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I would not recommend anybody use this company. I had solar panels installed 2 years ago. I was promised $1,000, $500 upfront and $500 after the panels were installed. After 2 years and numerous calls I still have not received my money. Every time I call they say, "I do see we owe you money and I will get it out to you," but it never comes. Please beware when using this company.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Jeff. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations. We have assigned a specialist who will be reaching out to you this week to address your concerns. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

My electric bill kept going up and up, and I decided to get solar energy services. Everything went fine when I decided to sign up with Vivint Solar, but I haven't seen any results so far. It seems they were turned on and nothing was working for a while.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Pauline. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to send us an email with your address so we can look further into this. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Vivint Solar knocked on my door and we talked. I did some research and asked them a lot of questions. The next days, I spent some time with them and felt it was to my benefit to get their services. Enrolling with them went smoothly. Right now, we’ve had a lot of cloudy weather and rain but the system is supplying about 46% power which is not too bad.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Wayne. We love hearing that you're seeing the benefits of solar! Thank you for leaving your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Thiago stopped by my house early 2018 offering solar. The bills were pretty high with Eversource so I decided to move forward. It’s been a great experience so far. Thiago took care of everything for me, updating me periodically on the process. I’ve had my system turned on for almost a year and saving a good amount. Even recommended Thiago to a good friend who now has solar as well.

Vivint Solar response

Hello Shawn. We love hearing that Thiago took good care of you and that you are seeing the benefits of solar. Thank you for choosing us as your solar provider.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I was looking into getting solar energy as I thought I'd save myself some money. Lauren from Vivint knocked on my door and enrolling with them was very easy. If I needed anything, I’d call her and she would stop by. I was very satisfied and I'm very happy with them.

Vivint Solar response

Hello John. We are happy to hear that Lauren took good care of you. Thank you for choosing us to go solar.

Vivint Solar expert review by Zachary Shahan

This company offers solar panels and a product line of solar batteries, powerful chargers and smart home apps to customers in 22 states. Plans include solar purchase, solar loan, solar power purchase agreement (PPA) and solar lease.>

• Solar panels: Vivint Solar offers polycrystalline panels for those looking to save money and monocrystalline panels for greater efficiency.

• Combined services: The process involves consultation, design, permitting, installation and activation. The company has partnered with LG Chem that provides batteries with an energy capacity of 9.8 kWh and warranty of 10 years. They are wall-mounted, noiseless and touch-safe.

• Customer acquisition and installation efficiency: Vivint Solar is reportedly very efficient when it comes to customer acquisition, allowing it to theoretically offer customers lower prices than its competitors.

• Financing model: Vivint Solar's most popular financing option is their PPA structure.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Vivint Solar Company Information