3.6/5 (1058 ratings)

About Walgreens Pharmacy

Walgreens Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

Insurance had changed. Not accepted at regular pharmacy. Went to get script transferred and clerk said, "We don't do that anymore. Have doctor call it in. We don't do transfers here. (Indifferent) Sorry."

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I have dealt with many Walgreens Pharmacy ​locations and all are bad. I am a hospice nurse and deal with them a lot for the families. Pharmacist are rude and very uncaring. I personally quit using Walgreens as my pharmacy years ago due to this.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

The Walgreens pharmacy located at FM1488 and FM2978 in Magnolia, TX has the worst customer service and employee attitude I have ever seen (in my opinion). I trade at the HEB pharmacy about a mile away, and very pleased with their performance, attitude and advice. However, my wife has been trading with Walgreens's for years. So I recently went to pick up a script for her which had been phoned in by her doctor about 4 hours earlier. So after waiting for the pharmacy to re-open after it closed for a "lunch break" (yes, really) at 1:30pm the employees finally reappeared - all seemingly in a bad mood. Not sure why, but it was clear they did not want to be there and go through the motions. Some were downright rude to their customers. In the meantime there are about 6-7 people waiting in line inside and about 12 cars in line outside. Of course their convenience store operation was open for everything from cosmetics to candy.

In fairness, I suppose due to state, federal and corporate regulations the pharmaceuticals area must be closed and locked if no licensed pharmacist is present - makes sense. However the nearby HEB, Kroger, Wal-Mart and CVS pharmacies do not close during the day (ever). Maybe they have enough business to keep 2 licensed individuals on staff. I questioned the store manager who, of course, deferred the situation to corporate. Other customers waiting in line voiced the same concerns even though they had known about the closure policy for some time.

Bottom-line - it seems completely absurd that a national pharmacy chain would close it "primary" business department in the middle of the day (everyday). And oh, BTW, my wife had to wait 45 minutes for a flu shot after being told initially it would only be a few minutes. They later apologized and admitted they forgot she was waiting. It seems the company and its employees have not fully engaged with the role of customers in the company's success. Having read many very negative reviews about Walgreen's service prior to writing this one it's pretty obvious management has taken its eye off the ball. Oh well, best of luck Walgreen's. We are now in the process of moving her business to HEB.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I came from my Dr.'s office, the pharmacy informed myself, there has to be a reason for my prescription. I called my Dr., and he said, He's never heard of such protocol, he then told me to find another pharmacy. My prescription was finally filled, 6 hours later. This is not the First time Walgreens has done this. I went to CVS, they had my prescription ready before I even got there. If you want incompetence go to Walgreens Pharmacy. I posted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Location: Walgreens 3204 Peach Orchard Rd, Augusta Georgia 30906. Where do I start. I don’t take time out to post reviews, I’m a firm believer in if you don’t like the business or establishment just don’t return. However for this unjust experience, I had to make an exception. I went through the drive thru to have 2 prescriptions filled. I noticed they took a little longer than usual to come to the windows with my medicine. ** which I was told is the pharmaceutical manager appeared at the window & asked if the copy I had was the only copy. I responded with yes. His was response was “Since the prescription was not written in the immediate area, we can’t fill it”. I asked if he needed verification from the doctor, and ** response was “No mam, we don’t. We just can’t fill it.”

I drove off and said to myself, well maybe he didn’t understand my situation so let me go inside to have a conversation. When I went inside I explained to him that I got into a car accident in Atlanta & I reside in Augusta. His response was “I can fill the **, but not the one containing **, because it's a little controlled substance (**) & I don’t feel comfortable”. I questioned but I didn’t argue because I really needed the medicine due to my condition. I asked him a question to see what kind of response I would get, and asked “is there a policy saying you don’t have to fill the prescription?” He said there was. Then I asked if he could show me, he told me he couldn’t. Mind you the law that was passed in 2001 is public information.

10 mins passed as I was waiting on my **, he then placed the prescription on the counter saying “he can’t fill the prescription for either.” I asked for a valid/ moral reason and his response was “It’s just best”. When I pulled my phone to record for my own personal record I asked again for a valid reason and his response was “mam, I can’t give you another reason other than the 1, I just gave a few minutes ago”. Both prescriptions were written from the same doctor, both were on the same kind of paper, and both prescriptions applied to applicable state laws. He agreed to do 1, then made a decision to not do the ** either. When I asked for a moral reason, he could not provide it and told me “The only thing I can say is, I apologize for any inconvenience and we are not able to fill your prescription”. Then he mentioned he did not give me consent to record him, that’s when I knew he was either not knowledgeable of pharmaceutical laws and state laws or he assumed I wasn’t knowledgeable.

After ** laughed in my face and didn’t want to give me a moral reason for denying to fill the prescription after agreeing he would, he told me to leave. So I ended up calling law enforcement to have a civil conversation. Due to the police officer not being familiar with Code 480-5-03, he asked ** if he could just fill the **. His response to the police officer was “I just would rather not”. Since the officer was not familiar with the law, he did his part & provided a solution for me to go to another pharmacy. I left and went to CVS down the street, and both prescriptions were filled after the manager simply made a phone call to verify.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Walgreens located at 6671 Covington Hwy, Lithonia, GA is unsafe, unkept and very negligent to the community. The store has failed to provide the very minimum basic upkeeps for a high profit/heavy traffic locations. Built in 2001 and never upgraded says a lot. The floors are horrendous, the ceiling leaks both indoor and outdoor (safety risk), and part of the ceiling at the entrance has fallen down. This is suppose to be a place where people go to get well and purchase their medication; what a disgrace. Another example of corporate taking advantage of the communities that they profit so much from. I have left several messages with corporate but have received no response.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I am fortunate to be switching to a plan that doesn't require me to use this so-called pharmacy. Since I was forced by my medical plan to go solely to this place I've been dreaming about going to another pharmacy. I haven't been to a pharmacy that hasn't run circles around this pharmacy. Their professionalism, efficiency, accuracy, sworn to serve, and duties are far the standards required at a pharmacy. They also feel your prescriptions shouldn't be filled when their counterpart prescription insurance says they won't pay. I've never seen a doctor's prescription that says only fill the prescription if the insurance pays. Rather this needs filled and see if the customer wants it. These people were hired to follow directives and we don't need their personal judgments when dealing with our health. Again it's great to be getting away from these so-called health providers. I hope their repeated actions don't affect others' safety but can't see it otherwise.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I took my COVID test on Friday and needed results by Sunday. Today is Tuesday. The report is finally available, but the results don’t pull up. I get an error message and no instructions who to turn to for help. The pharmacy in Frisco, TX just washes its hands of the issue, aside from the point that at this time, the results are completely worthless. We’ve used Walgreens in other locations before and always got my results in 24 hours. This one is using Aegis labs. Don’t use any Walgreens tied to this lab!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I've recently retired and now on Medi-Cal, after over 30 years on employee-based insurance. Signed up online for Flu Shot. Waited quite a while in line (seemed short on staff, Walgreens on Douglas Ave, Granite Bay CA), then they wouldn't accept a MediCal card. This is something the state of CA should know about, as it has public health implications. And on principle, a reason to stop giving Walgreens business.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

BEWARE....Probably the worst pharmacy I've ever been to. We get our daughter's insulin prescriptions filled here. We waited over 2 weeks for them to refill her prescription. During this time she ran out, I had to go to 2 different pharmacies for emergency vials as a partial fill, 2nd time they charged me the $50 co-pay, got home and the vial they gave me was broken and leaking. My daughter ended up in ketoacidosis because of this. We were told not 1 out of the 8 pharmacies near our home had insulin she needs in stock....Not 1 store out of 8!!. I ended up driving over 30 miles away to get her prescription filled and this store charged me the co-pay again!!!. Never mind each and every time I go here I end up waiting in lines at least 8 people deep for anywhere between 30-45 minutes only to find out they didn't have the prescription ready. Needless to say we are no longer using this pharmacy.

Walgreens Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

Walgreens Pharmacy Company Information