3.9/5 (1972 ratings)

About Walgreens Pharmacy

Walgreens Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: May 8, 2021

Mark their pharmacy manager is always there for me to assist with all my medications and gives assistance without me even asking. I’m so grateful to have this rapport with my local pharmacist and this is 2021 not long ago in the day.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

My local Walgreens pharmacy has been fantastic during the Covid pandemic. My father is 90 and I care for him. They have done everything from getting our flu shots, to getting a late night Rx filled, to recently arranging for an Rx to be mailed and not picked up. They have been consistently kind and helpful. My thanks to them all.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The store in Red Bank next to Shrewsbury is where I go. John, the head pharmacist is the best I’ve ever had in my 76 years of life. He and his staff easily make solutions fix problems I had created.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Humana is my Medicare insurance, and they have a program called HealthyFoods, but Walgreens doesn't seem to know of the items available to be bought on the card, and definitely needs to be taken care.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I have been using Walgreens since 2010 and have had excellent service. Whenever I am out they get it before next dose if out of stock. They know me by name which is nice. Pharmacist always greet me.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Now that I retired, and am not next door to a Walgreens, I went from in store pickup to online. This was 6 months ago. I have had at least one problem per month in making the transfer. This month, the auto refills say that two refills are scheduled to go out on the 17th of October. I have not received the medication. Furthermore, when you look at the status of the refills, the message says there are no refills be filled at this time. So I called the online pharmacy. Two times that say that the facility is down. Try later. This is the type of thing I have run into each month. Maybe it is time to move on and find another online pharmacy.... CVS or even Amazon.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

In order to be released from the children's hospital you often need a prescription filled, at which point you end up stuck waiting on them Walgreens purgatory for an extra hour, your child taking up a hospital bed and wasting massive amounts of time. Terrible service, and unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Tried to find out if post spinal surgical script had been called in. Called the pharmacy as I am elderly and live 40 minutes away from store. Annoying recording said "You have one caller ahead of you." So I waited. FOR 37 MINUTES! Got put on hold 4 times. NEVER DID SPEAK TO A HUMAN OR GET AN ANSWER. I have dealt with this store for years! MONOPOLY! They have no competition so they treat their customers like **! Drive thru? Don't bother. You will wait FOREVER, or at least 40 minutes. Complain to regional manager? USELESS, nothing changes. I would avoid this business at all costs, if I had a choice (thanks so much insurance company for that).

This is absolutely the worst store I have ever been in! Horrible service! Never enough staff! Avoid at all costs! And all corporate says is, "We are experiencing a high volume of calls." really? That is your answer every damned time! Hell, even the answering machine says that! What a total crappy business! Walgreens you should be ashamed! This is how you treat elderly, veterans in Dayton!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Due to insurance requirements, I've had to use Walgreens pharmacy, and it's nearly always disappointing. I've used their text message system for refills and requests to contact my Dr, and I've also used the link they send to my email. The text message system never seems to work. Then my refill request sits, unfilled, and requests for more refills from my doctor go unnoticed- often for days, until I call to see if it's ready yet, which it generally is not.

Then my other problem happens (when it is that much closer to when I need my medicine), more often than not, when the refill request does go through, it is out of stock. I've asked about why they never have it in stock, especially considering I fill it every month & so you'd think they'd order enough for the clients who need it every month, but the only reasons I've been given have been that it's a brand name & that they fill a lot of prescriptions.

Both of these problems have caused me to come close to running out of medicine. I don't like the "McPharmacy" feeling at Walgreens, and little amount of care that is given to each patient. As soon as I can get my prescription filled elsewhere, I am going to switch from Walgreens immediately. I miss having a pharmacist who doesn't see me as just another number.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

My experience today was horrible at the Walgreens located on Battlefield Parkway in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. The pharmacy staff member named Caitlin was rude and could use additional education on proper customer service skills. After the comment she made to me I reacted as any customer would. She needs to be addressed and or terminated. I am sure I am not the only customer that has been a victim of her poor treatment.

Walgreens Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

Walgreens Pharmacy Company Information