1.1/5 (48 ratings)

About Walgreens Pharmacy

Walgreens Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: June 20, 2022

Am on Medicare part D and every October I shop prescriptions. Year 1 and 2 Was with Publix, year 3 I was with CVS. Absolutely Awesome pharmacies! Year 4 I am now with Walgreens.

1- Employees terribly rude!
2- They act like you are putting them out!

3- Just moved from Jacksonville to West Palm Beach and this Walmart is the same way! Terrible!

This October I won’t be re-upping with Walgreens even if they have cheaper Prices. Not worth the hassle!

Original review: June 16, 2022

#11959 5201 San Mateo NE, ABQ, NM unbelievable rude service. The manager at the pharmacy was so rude on many occasions. Showed no customer service, no respect for any of the customers. On top of that many times the prescriptions are never ready on time. Seems days later after returning to the pharmacy. There's always issues with staffing being untrained. I'm just going to change my services to my original pharmacy. They don't have a problem taking their meal breaks even making sure everyone knows that they have a 30 minute meal break. But when it comes to getting medication or problem solved they're lack of experience shows. I am done with Walgreens. I've been dealing with problems with Walgreens for over 2 and 1/2 years. Today was the day that I finally said enough.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2022

They take forever to arrive, forever to verify your subscription. And if ever anything happens so that you need assistance you won't get it, as their customer support and customer relations teams are surprisingly unhelpful/seem totally disinterested in helping customers. Use any other contact lense provider instead.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I used to recommend Walgreens on Federal Road, Danbury. They had a great pharmacist, named George. Since he has left the pharmacy has gone downhill. I had a new script that I tried to fill the time before, they took forever getting it, finally I received a partial script. This time they did the same thing but never notified me they couldn't get it. The pharmacist said the manufacturer couldn't provide it and So they told me to try CVS! When I said I would change they finally found a partial script again in the next town. I asked them to switch the script to Optum Rx, they said the phones are always busy. I called Optum RX and thy called the Dr. and got a new script. Terrible service 2 times. They also told me they don't take GoodRX and when I told them to try it, it worked. I gave up and changed to my mail order. This was the federal road, Danbury, CT Store.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I have been filling my prescriptions at Walgreens for a long time. This pharmacy is on North Avenue in Grand Junction Colorado. I am on pain medication that my actual doctor agrees I need. The pharmacist at this Walgreens decided he knows more than my doctor and was refusing to fill my prescription until he deemed it necessary. Told me he was a doctor and was going to tell my doctor what he could and couldn't prescribe to me. I don't know who this ** thinks he is, but he isn't an actual doctor. He needs to be fired and if I can sue this Walgreens because of him, I'm going to. Advice to anyone who uses Walgreens, you should stop and go elsewhere. I changed pharmacies and will never go back to Walgreens again.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I asked them not to run a prescription through my Insurance. They did so and it kicked out my application for an authorization of this medicine with my insurance company. I am spending hours trying to undo what they did, but I can't. They blamed everyone else except for the girl who did this.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Walgreens Marco Island in store pharmacy service was just horrible, so I switched to Walgreens autofill by mail. As a result, my prescription is now 6 days past due, and I am without medicine and still waiting. I have over $1150 in prescriptions per month, and I am now forever done with Walgreens. Save your health and avoid the grief and go somewhere else. Walgreens is Hopeless!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I went to my neighborhood Walgreens Pharmacy to fill a prescription. The cashier took the prescription and told me I had to wait for validation from my insurance company, the pharmacist never called my insurance company. Thinking the cost was high I called my insurance and they had not record of Walgreens validating my prescription. My insurance pays 75% and I pay 25%! they used some online company without my permission. I was paying 50%. I called CareFirst and found this out, pharmacist only said he did not know what went on?

Original review: April 16, 2022

I live in Delaware. I google Walgreens near me to get my asthma inhaler filled. I will say this is Easter weekend. I assumed that there may be different hours due to this. However Walgreens has decided that people in Delaware don't need prescriptions filled on the weekends. There was 10 results of Walgreens. 6 of them the pharmacy is closed. Then I pick the one closest. They don't have it in stock, called the next same thing. Finally got one. But the customer services is unreal. Do they think that they are better than the people that need this medicine? I am done with these corporations. I am going to find the littlest pharmacy that is not a big chain or maybe just go through my insurance. Walgreens needs to do better.

Original review: April 12, 2022

South Lyon, MI - Fire this entire staff, horrible! They are Out of Prescriptions, always. A $Billion Dollar$ company who made their money selling drugs is out of prescriptions. Plus, a $Billion Dollar$ company who made their money selling drugs can't be bothered to hire anyone to answer their phones. I've tried for a WEEK to get a necessary monthly script from these fools. After 4 days I used their Online Chat, just as useless and immoral as the South Lyon employees. They stated Fri. it would be back in stock on "the next business day." I asked Monday? Yes, Monday. And it's Monday. Guess what, not in stock!

I tried to call this South Lyon location, I sat on hold for 20 minutes, no one answered. I did the Live Chat again, they asked ME why the pharmacy hadn't contacted other Walgreens to see if it was in stock. Do I work for Walgreens? That's YOUR job. The Live Chat lady said she was doing that, then ran into some "system error," transferred me to someone else, now the 3rd person, who couldn't be bothered to read the transcripts of the last half an hour. She told me simply to "call the store."

Unbelievable. They also lied and stated that they receive in their meds on order every 24 hours, and they couldn't see any info. about my Refill. What, do you mean the fact that I ordered the Refill, is that what you can't see? I called the South Lyon jerks again. First call, after 10 minutes, someone picked up the phone, hung it up on me. The next call, after 25 minutes of their headache-inducing message that there was 1 person in line in front of me, I finally hung up.

And this was after a year and a half of their screw-ups at this location. I agree with the other Reviewer, fire them, hire new people. The last time I used their drive-thru, I could see 7 different people in the pharmacy area, so not sure why they're not answering their phones or why they're Kmart-level picking up the phone and hanging up. Why don't they have prescriptions in? One that I buy every 30 days?

Last month, and it's the SAME every month, my doctor's office called these jerks. 3 times. To see WHERE my prescription was and WHY it wasn't being filled. Walgreens told them, "Oh it will be in tomorrow, then tomorrow, then tomorrow." After a week of that, I called. They Had My Medication In Stock, They Never Bothered to Tell Me, They Had No Notes I Was Waiting for This Prescription. What? It was simply sitting on the shelf. No one contacted me. A year and a half ago, I mistakenly transferred all of my prescriptions via their website from Rite-Aid to Walgreens since I moved from another area.

This was all thru their computer system. I go to check, first they were in limbo. Next, they deleted FIVE of my prescriptions, no lie, they were gone. Finally they could see them, after much going back and forth, getting corporate involved. How does the computer loose your transfers? Walgreens answer to all this? "Well just make a dr. appointment and get new copies of your prescriptions, then bring them in to Walgreens." They also told me that they had called my doctor's office and that they said they had, "never heard of me," and that I was "not a patient there."

At a doctor's office I'd been going to for 7 years? I don't think so. Turned out, they were contacting the WRONG PROVIDER! Wrong company name, wrong doctor name, wrong phone #, wrong fax #, wrong address, which was all correctly supplied to Walgreens. Gee, no wonder they'd never heard of me. You can't get any dumber than these people. You really can't. A $billion dollar$ company who doesn't care about their customers, making sure you're safe, have the meds you need, they just don't care. And sadly, they were allowed to also buy-up half the Rite-Aid's too, so now it's double incompetence. I am going to look to the grocery stores or a pro home delivery, Walgreens is garbage, South Lyon Walgreens is absolutely unprofessional trash.

Walgreens Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

Walgreens Pharmacy Company Information