1.31/5

1516 Walgreens Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My daughter needed 2 shots this morning. I called and was somewhat not properly greeted on the phone by someone that informed me they would be able to administer both shots. I drove my daughter and I to the location at: 7227 S STATE ST. MIDVALE, UT 84047. Upon arriving there, we once again explained what we wanted and needed. We presented multiple forms and signed multiple paperwork. We waited approximately 60 minutes until we were called up to the booth again. They were finally ready for us. When we were about to be billed, the young lady informed me they were not able to administer 1 of the shots (**) that my child needed due to state laws. Your RXs took more than an hour to figure that out?

As a physician myself, I could've taken her anywhere, unfortunately I decided to take her to your location. The process we were trying to get done takes literally less than 4 minutes total from dispensing to administering. The incompetence and negligence of your RX staff at that location will most definitely prevent me from recommending Walgreens now and maybe in the future. What my daughter and I experienced was simply unacceptable and ridiculous. Please do reconsider your patient services as I for one, will not be returning and will not be recommending your locations due to the sheer negligence of your staff. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have been a Walgreens customer for years, picking up my birth control monthly but also buying any spur of the moment items and cold medicine. Today, I attempted to use the restroom while in the store to buy a box of **. I went straight to the pharmacy counter and asked for bathroom access and for him to hold my medicine so I may purchase it. He said NO and that I must go to the front desk and wait in line for the normal cashier to charge my payment and then send someone to the restroom to assist me. I made it to the front of the line, handed the cashier $20 and my one bottle of ** ($6.99) and my Walgreens card, and begged him for the bathroom code before I peed my pants. He tried to leave the register to help me out, but the woman next to him told him that he wasn’t allowed to leave his register to let me into the bathroom. He had to call over the intercom to make someone meet me at the restroom while I tried not to pee my pants.

I am DISGUSTED at this level of customer service. I work in the healthcare industry and I completely understand that drug users attempt to use public restrooms to shoot up. But when you have a reoccurring, paying customer in an emergency situation attempting to use the restroom for one minute to simply urinate and then pay and leave, it is completely ridiculous the way I was handled today.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I went in to get some candy bars that were on sale. But as usual Walgreens is out. So I asked the clerk for a raincheck and she said no! I asked why and she said cause a shipment is coming in later in the week. I explained to her I live 2.5 hours away and she said how many do you want? I said 12... you would have thought. I asked for 200 the way she reacted. She said I can't do it for that many. Talk about a real PEACH! So I called the manager no answer twice I called nothing. People get real if you say it's on sale expect people to come in to buy it and when there is not a limit please be kind.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

First of all I should point out that I have a chronic illness and I am on a lot of medication. I had a great relationship with my Rite Aid pharmacists and techs. Never any issues in several years. Then Walgreens bought them out and shut down my pharmacy. The first thing they did was refuse to refill my chemo shot which I had been on for months. They said it wasn’t approved for SQ administration. Like I said I was on it for months. They kept saying they would contact my Dr but I missed 2 weeks of my chemo. They wouldn’t allow me to transfer it because the pharmacist said it wouldn’t be safe. They finally filled it and nothing had changed.

I also noticed they were weird about filling my **. If I was there picking up another med I wasn’t allowed to pick it up even when it had been 29 days. Some months it had been 30 days but I didn’t want to argue. I know how people with chronic illness are viewed in today’s society so I just let it go. My breaking point was today. It was 30 days yesterday 9/17 but they were out. The tech said it was able to be filled. They just had to order it. Woke up to a voicemail saying they did an audit and since it was filled early once 3 months ago that it couldn’t be filled for 2 more days. It was filled late 2 months after that! They didn’t audit that part. It’s insane. It’s **! I told them to transfer my prescriptions to CVS. CVS filled it with no issues. Same pharmacist that wouldn’t fill the chemo.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Been a customer for about 20 years at the Benvenue Walgreens in Rocky Mountain NC, I understand the weather is going to be bad, but just shutting down with no warning, there are meds people rely on to live, very unfair to the public. I will no longer shop there or any other Walgreens again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Walgreens on Rock Island and Atlantic in Margate Florida... the worse pharmacy to ever go to. I have been on the same medications for years... No problems No issues... Non Narcotics... I never seen this pharmacist before, and he refused to give me one of my medications, because he said it might make me bleed from being on a blood thinner. Again, same medications for years I haven’t bled yet, and he Didn’t feel comfortable giving it to me wanted to contact my doctor's office, my doctor is out of the office by noon on Fridays so now I have to go the entire weekend without my medication because of his judgemental opinion.

I would think they would have addressed this years ago already, so I asked how long is this pharmacist been here. His name is Randy and he’s been at this location for a while. Well I’ve never seen him and they won’t give me my medication until they speak to my doctor, it is not right or fair for a pharmacist to have control over somebody’s house. This location needs to get their act together, it’s easier to get a controlled substance than it is to get a non-controlled substance how crazy is that.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I dropped off two rx a couple of weeks ago. One they could fill right away, the other I had to wait. They called a few days or week later & I said, "I hadn't been able to make it back that way to pick it up, could you hold it a few more days" & I was told, "Sure. No problem." I go to pick up my rx 9/8/18 & find out it had been put back & they WON'T refill it. She said, "Well it had to be filled within 3 months & it's now expired." I said, "Well as you can see I filled it prior to the explanation & she agreed." I said, "I never told you to put it back, you took that upon yourself."

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Took 8 hours to even process my prescription, and this was after asking me repeatedly if I had ever used a different last name and telling me they had some other account. When I asked how that was even relevant and asked them if there was a different account there for some reason, they said no. Lost my prescription twice, lost my insurance information twice on two different occasions, and are overall extremely unprofessional. Oh, I’m also 37 weeks pregnant and never got my prescription today because of these idiots. A few months ago I literally had to go to a different pharmacy because that pharmacy could actually understand how to type in and process insurance.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

The Walgreens on 2311 Ogden Ave, Aurora, IL 60504 should absolutely be investigated. They are so rude. They do not care about your health, only the money. I feel like something fishy is going on behind the counter and I'm going to have a lawyer dig it up. Walgreens is not where you want to go for prescription medications. They call an elderly woman to come pick up her medicine then deny her right when she gets there. No communication skills. The people are so rude. They act like they hate their lives. You signed up for the job. Help your customers instead of putting them through hell or the hospital.

Investigate this Walgreens and all Walgreens or I will. It would be worth the money. I just recently transferred to Costco pharmacy and it's so much better. They are so much more understanding and better at what they do. They actually care about your condition and don't hold off on giving you your medication. Or go to an individual/independent pharmacy. Doesn't matter they all beat Walgreens/CVS. Trust me. :) Thanks for hearing me out!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Walgreens has to be the WORST PHARMACY EVER! It baffles me that prescriptions I have been taking for many years all of a sudden need PA. Unreal then you tell me what insurance companies do and don’t do. Understand this... I have had the SAME DAMN INSURANCE. The only thing that has changed is the competency level of well informed staffed. Rite Aid closes... and now there’s an issue with every prescription I bring to Walgreens. You filled this exact prescription last month on July 31st without any problems now you tell me August 31st there’s a problem. No. The only problems I see is when they decided which pharmacies to close; they definitely chose the WRONG CHAIN! Ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My local Rite Aid was closing. I was assured that all of my prescriptions would transfer "seamlessly" to Walgreens. I had a 6 month except for my antidepressant medication. I had filled only 3 months at the R-A pharmacy. I went to the W website when my refill was due and my Rx was listed with available refills. I ordered the Rx and the reply stated it wouldn't be ready until 8 pm. At 8:15 I go to pick up my refill and the tech at the window says my Rx is expired. This is not possible because my doc only writes 6 months at a time. My bottle says 1 refill, I then realized that Rite Aid had typed the original date wrong. It said 2017 where it should say 2018.

I tried to explain and was told they do not have access to the RA computer system. WHAT!!! How can this be "seamless" if they don't have access to the original Rx. I went inside because there were 4 cars behind me. I asked the tech how they can help me get my medication because it's a long holiday weekend and I am completely out. I was told there was nothing they could do to help, and I will have to get a new Rx from my doctor. This is unacceptable. They should have been honest with customers and said we would need new prescriptions instead of saying it would all transfer "seamlessly".

The man in front of me was told he couldn't get his medication because they didn't have enough pills to fill it and they don't do partial fills. He had been told it would be ready at 8 pm also, and they did not notify him of a problem either. That is not his problem that they don't have enough stock. I have never seen a pharmacy in my life that wouldn't do a partial until the remainder was available. I am taking my business elsewhere, and I am telling everyone I know to do likewise. Leitchfield, Ky Walgreens does not care about its customer's needs at all.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have PTSD, social and general anxiety. My doctor prescribed **. At first, it was working great. Mind you, I had only been taking one a day, instead of two, because I thought once I was off Medicaid, I wouldn't be able to afford them. I had mistakenly looked up the price for the name brand, instead of the generic, which I currently take. So about a two months ago, I started taking them as prescribed, 1mg twice a day. Last month, I realized that they weren't working. I thought maybe I was building a tolerance. So, against my better judgment, I stopped taking them for a week, and I took them again. Still nothing. So I took a dose from an earlier bottle, and felt it within 30 minutes. I called Walgreen's and they couldn't do anything about it, especially since the label was all but rubbed off, and I couldn't see the date. That was completely understandable.

Cut to this month, and I decided instead of taking any of the previous prescriptions that had accumulated, I would take this months. So I took my usual dose, and I felt nothing. I took my dose the next day, still nothing. SO once again, I waited a week, suffering through several panic attacks and unable to sleep. After the week, I took my dose again. It was as if I had taken baby **. This time, I ordered a 10 pack of ** urinalysis tests, and waited yet another week for them to arrive. Once they did, I took my daily doses for two days, then I took the test. It tested negative for **. I took three separate tests on three separate nights, all while continuing to take this month’s prescription, and they all tested negative, and I couldn't feel any results from them.

However, when I took a dose from the previous prescription I mentioned, It worked within 30 minutes. I slept like a baby that night. The next night, I took another urinalysis, and no surprise at all, I tested positive for **. I contacted my pharmacy again and told them my situation. They gave me the runaround, saying that maybe my tests were defective. So I called Walgreen's customer service line. After being put on hold, the woman told me that the store manager would get back with me within 48 hours. Two days go by and she never called. I called up there, explained my situation yet again and asked why the manager never called me. The woman said that the manager had been out for two days, but that she worked that night, took down my info, and assured me that the manager would return my call. That was Saturday.

Today, I went to Walgreen's to pick up my mom's meds. Afterwards, I asked how I can transfer any future prescriptions to CVS, briefly explaining the situation, and the manager never called me. Instead of trying to help, or apologizing, the pharmacist merely said, "Well, we can't exactly control what our suppliers sell us and guarantee they'll work." This is NOT what you want to hear from a pharmacy, especially when a huge majority of people's lives DEPEND on their medication not working. So now, thanks to Walgreen's and their ineffective medication, my mental progress has declined, and I actually feel worse than I did before I even started taking the medication. They've proven time and time again that they couldn't care less about the ineffectiveness of their medication, or that they are losing two customers.

My mom has been a Walgreens customer for over 10 years. Since I pick her meds up for her and take care of her refills, she wants me to transfer her prescriptions over to CVS as well. If you are taking ** and are unsure if they actually contain the proper ingredients, order a ** urinalysis test kit from Amazon or eBay, and confirm for yourself. All of these medications are regulated by the FDA and it's a damn shame that a huge chain such as Walgreen's basically gave me a statement, saying, "We can't guarantee what we sell you is even going to work. Next customer in line, please."

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription for my son. There was a cost discrepancy. Nobody was in line behind me so I quickly called the Dr. While the Dr. was on the phone, one car pulled up behind me. Pharmacist, SAMA, said I needed to move forward. I held up a finger and whispered I was speaking with Dr. Her immediate response, “I’M CALLING THE COPS!” All the sudden there is an unidentified man at the window threatening to call the cops, picks up his cell phone, told me to leave, and no, I could not purchase my son's medication. I was so shaken up, I called the police myself.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

On a day of my medication to be picked up the pharmacist had not allowed me to pick it up. My meds are for a terminal illness. I am on a high dosage of a narcotic pain medication and I was treated right off the bat like a drug addict and a low life. I will never get over the way I was treated with no dignity whatsoever. I have worked all of my life double shifts and have always had a respective place in society and to be treated like I was was so humiliating all because I wanted to pick up my medication and because they filled my prescription too early and I suffered. They wouldn't take any info or any kind of responsibility. They basically told me to away and not come back for another week...

I went to the ER department and they gave me a prescription and I was told to go have it filled at a Walgreens in New Britain and the pharmacist there was ruder than the first Walgreens in Bristol CT. Unbelievable how badly I was treated. Then to top it all off the Dr tried to call in a prescription for me and they tried to give him a hard time about it. I was like they had it in mind that I was a junkie so they didn't want anyone to do anything for me even my own Dr. It almost killed me and I ended up in the hospital because of it.

I am ready to go on the news with this. If anyone wants to get together and do this let me know. I am ready to take this higher up and hope this never happens to anyone else. The district manager got ahold of me today and said it is illegal for any pharmacy to fill a narcotic prescription prior to 24 hours before it is due to be picked up. If anyone else has any issue please do not hesitate to speak up and get yourself heard. Walgreens should be shut down.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Every single month I try and refill my normal refill I am forced to 5-7 days. Like going into NIKE and not being able to buy shoes. STOP OFFERING medication services if you NEVER have them in stock. I HATE THIS PHARMACY and it is always a runaround.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

First. Just because 5 companies make the same medication, don't mean it's the same. (My brother-in-law is A PHARMACY, SO I KNOW) They ALL have different formulas. I have had 3 different types of formulas for my depression meds. I am highly sensitive to changes and Kmart had notes on my records that told them which ones I had to have BUT for the last 4 months I have had 3 different formulas and when I told them I can't take them because I still withdrawal, they tell me NO ONE can get them anymore. Now the game begins with my pain meds. For a few months. The pills are not working for pain. They put me to sleep or make me feel like I have had no sleep. I hate being talked down to. I am told they just don't want to order the correct brands. This is the last time I get my scripts filled there. I am going to new pharmacy.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Tried to reorder an existing prescription with four refills remaining. Two stores appeared. Newington CT was chosen. Prescription went to Florida, the other address. Called them to alert the error. Was told to call Newington store and they would transfer. Newington asked for the prescription number which I took from the order screen placing order in FL. Was told the prescription is closed? Wait. 4 refills remaining. Only one item on my screen for this prescription. 2nd call, given info, pharmacist located. System placed order at store NOT chosen. System did NOT use prescription on screen. System changed my reorder dates and I was not advised. Will be reviewing. Other than this problem my experience with the store is good.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Over the past several months I've placed 3 online orders with Walgreens. Two of the orders were canceled without any communication as to why. They held the funds on my debit card for several days even though the order, after being confirmed, was not honored. When trying to contact customer service they simply said they didn't know why and they were sorry for any inconvenience. When asking them to follow up they refused to provide any case number and said they would simply pass the information onto the appropriate department. They would not provide any commitment for follow up. When asking to speak with a manager about the issue and lack of ownership they sarcastically replied "it has been a pleasure working with you, thank you for choosing Walgreens".

Walgreens has, unfortunately, purchased several of the Rite Aid stores in my area. I've tried giving Walgreens a chance but they continue to fall short. In addition to online orders being canceled I find that most of the items they list on sale in their weekly flyer are not kept in stock in the stores. I've been told by some people that use to work for the company that they had been instructed to pull sale items off of the shelves for the week and put them back after the sale is over. After being frustrated from wasting time driving to the store I decided to place some online orders. Just as frustrating!

It is disappointing that a company of this size finds so many ways to send a clear message - they simply don't care about the consumer in so many ways. I don't have these issues with Rite Aid, ever! I can say that I won't be returning to Walgreens and am happy that they didn't ruin, sorry, I mean purchase, all of my Rite Aid stores. I feel bad for those many people around the country that won't have an option but to shop at Walgreens. They are in for some challenges for sure.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Expressly stated that I wanted my medications billed with coupon along with insurance so it would count towards my deductible. Come to my surprise my next visit (deductible should be gone) I have to pay $400+ dollars for medication I was supposed to have insurance cover. Turns out they did not use my insurance. Call them and was an ordeal trying to get a refund... This was submitted around 7/17/2018 and here it is 8/6/2018. I have not received one phone call, mail, or email on the status.

After hounding corp. finally get an answer from the polite pharmacist at my local store Parker. Now they are saying it will be 3-10 weeks!!? I couldn’t do this to them! So why should they be able to do this to me. I recently lost my job too so every penny counts and it sucks to have this happen and to need medication or help. I shouldn’t have to beg for MY money back! There is something seriously wrong with the way this company is holding people money hostage... I will be going to the B.B.B. I feel taken advantage of since I’m so nice. But not anymore... Please do the right thing and give me back my money!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

The Walgreens at the corner of Ontario and Clark in Chicago should be avoided at all costs. This store allows predatory towing of its customers by Lincoln Towing or Protective Parking Services. I was a customer at the store, but still had my car towed at the cost of $216.00!!! This is an example of the poorest customer service imaginable. No one at the store even cared!!! They allow the "snitch" to stand outside the store. Once away from your car he calls the lurking truck to "snatch" your car!!!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I keep receiving calls telling me to pick up a prescription and when I go there they have nothing for me. This has happened three consecutive months. They also filled a prescription written for SIX REFILLS giving me the entire six months of medications in one order. I would have returned them, however I had several pills left to take before I opened the new prescription and there was the entire SIX MONTHS. The medications are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE and I didn't want all 6 months and the Doctor did not write the prescription in that manner. My former pharmacy closed in the Fletcher Medical Center while they rebuild the building so I just began going to Walgreens 4 months ago. Now after that, the very next month I had taken in all my medications which included ** and **. I am a 57 year old vet with A MYRIAD of chronic issues and in severe pain constantly and have been on much stronger meds when it gets out of control.

I was taking these because they are actually a lower dose. After they filled all SIX months of expensive medications at once they filled 5 other ones and when I picked them up told me they couldn't fill the **. I went to another Walgreens 10 miles away who filled it, however they told me initially they would fill it but lied. Now I am going to consider an online pharmacy because as a 57 year old man, I resent being treated like a 20 year old trying to get high. I understand these kids shoot up ** and **, however ashoerting older patients with cancer AND SEVERE CHRONIC conditions is not stopping the epidemic, it's merely starting a new problem. They started a new problem, while doing nothing to end the old one.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Two day ago I call requesting my mother medication. I was inform request for refills were going to be call in to Dr. Office and it will take 48 to 72 hours for Dr. To respond (wish I know) but I call today just to check to see maybe we were lucky and Dr. had call in medication requested. The customer services person on the phone line services (not the store) inform me NO request was on fill and a request will be submit AGAIN.

After that and not being happy how things were handle I request to speak to a manager or a complain department. It took 4 attempts to speak to someone regarding my complain. I was told I would be contact regarding my situation. For whatever reason I knew I had to call the actual store regarding the refill request and even with the second request I was inform by the store customer service NO second request was submit either. I have never had any issue with in store customer services but on phone customer services yes. So today was the day I say I need to do something and need it to give a bad review. Walgreens phone line services is no good.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Unfortunately, Walgreens bought out Rite-Aid and all my prescriptions were supposed to be transferred seamlessly to the Walgreens across the street. I went to pick up my first prescription renewal with them and waited 40 minutes for them to find my order, even though I had already received a text message and 2 phone messages that my prescription was ready for pickup. Very poor organization and lamentable customer service.

Upon getting home this evening and opening my bag from Walgreens, I discover that the enclosed medication is for someone else and, instead of a prescription for my cholesterol, I had an anti-depressant for someone else. Now I have to go back to the pharmacy tomorrow morning and wait in the interminable line to get my medication for which I missed my dose tonight. Maybe it's time to look into another more capable pharmacy. Having been with the same Rite-Aid for over 20 years (even when it was then called Eckerd's), I always enjoyed personal and competent service. Not the case with Walgreens. Lamentable and dangerous. Luckily I checked the bottle before taking my pill!

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have multiple severe health issues including a terminal one. I filled my script and didn't pay much attention to it until 9 days later I noticed bottle was low. I keep all my meds in safe due to 2 yr old grandson. I spoke to pharmacist showing him the bottle was too small to fit the amount and that in all the time I've been on these. I have never had an issue or request for early fill. He rolled his eyes and told me to come back Mon and speak to pharmacy manager which I did. He said he would get back to me in a few days. It has now been 5 days and nothing. I'm now going through severe withdrawal and most likely will have to go to hospital to be admitted. I have a serious heart condition. I called corporate which did nothing. I reported it to the police as well. My next call is a lawyer. 89 people in the Nashville area have had meds shorted by this pharmacy.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I was given a prescription for cough medicine with ** for my bronchitis. It was for 120 mls. After only taking 5 doses (totaling 50 ml), I noticed I only had 20 ml left. So they had shorted me 50ml. I contacted them as soon as I noticed and they made me drive to the store while sick and feverish. I sat there waiting for 30 minutes while they called the person who filled it. That person swore he filled it to 120ml and they just took his word for it. No one checked cameras, just believed him and basically accused me of lying about it.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Almost every time I show up to pick up a prescription something changes without notice or a written sign. First was needed an ID, then was asked for my SS number that I refused. Even though I've been coming here for 12 years. Now today the new policy is to wait ONE & 1/2 HOURS for any prescription!!! Going to be looking for another pharmacy after today! If it takes almost 2 hours to fill one prescription I think they should hire more people to help with fill times. I generally only wait 5 to 15 minutes. What will be their next new policy?!?

Original review: July 12, 2018

Waited 10 days for Rx. Never got it. Was told to be patient and not in such a hurry. They also claimed communicating with my Dr. Big lie. While I was at counter had Dr. office on phone. They refused to speak to him. Said couldn't touch my phone. Well apparently they can't hear on speakerphone. I now have to find a new doctor because day 10 I exploded on him and Walgreens, also guys for those of you who haven't heard they now own Rite Aid so be careful switching pharmacies, doesn't matter which one. They're all the same. The only one worse is CVS.

Original review: July 11, 2018

There is a traveling pharmacist that works at the Irondale location off of Montclair Road in Alabama from time to time, and unfortunately out of the past 2 times I’ve come here I had to encounter her. I’m not quite sure what her name is, but has thin long brown hair and about 5’11”. I’m aware of Walgreens “policies” - should truly called fabricated policies. I’m prescribed ** for my narcolepsy - a neurological disorder that greatly effects my sleep and daily function in life. My first encounter with this lady she refused to refill my prescription because *HER* policy is 2-days prior. And she clearly needs to be educated on the fact that *HER* policy is false seeing as it is a 4-days prior to the last date filled that I can get it. All other pharmacists that have worked here or at other locations have all said the same thing as well as my insurance.

My second encounter happened this afternoon when I went to go get my prescription filled early since I’m leaving for out of the country this week. Obviously I can’t get my medicine overseas (you’d think she’d use her brain to realize that). Before even calling my doctor, I spoke with my insurance and was cleared for my early refill. I then called my doctor and explained what was happening and I got the approval and picked up my prescription. After this, I came to this pharmacy and was waiting on it while it got filled. Well over 30 minutes had passed and luckily one of the employees that knows us asked us if we were still waiting. Turns out that they felt that it was too early to refill my prescription and trying to make me feel dumb for even trying. Well, obviously I’m filling it early for a reason!

They let me sit there for over 30 minutes clearly trying to avoid telling me this, but I didn’t let this affect me. Now what did affect me was this “pharmacist” trying to tell me that they need to speak with my doctor to make sure it was approved. ** is a controlled substance and that means a physical prescription - no call ins, no automatic refills. I’m not quite sure if this lady has poor education or just zero common sense, but obviously I had a physical prescription that I had given to them. That is literally your proof that it was approved by my doctor. So, since SHE FELT that she needed verbal approval, they didn’t fill my prescription. All while saying this to me with a distinct condescending tone.

Walgreens apparently feels that their pharmacists should be allowed to police people. And that is far from being okay. I do not appreciate feeling judged and/or discriminated against due to the medication that I take and the countless other stories I have found about other Walgreens pharmacies. She has delayed me TWICE in my medication that is vital to me to function daily and normally. I can’t imagine how many others she has done this to as well, but it is NOT okay. It is in fact disgusting that she is allowed to still be a pharmacist for Walgreens let alone a pharmacist at all.

It is so wrong that pharmacists feel they are allowed to act like they are doctors or police. It is wrong for a company to allow pharmacists to act as a doctor or police. You are neither. You fill medication and give advice on how medications can affect you. That’s it. That’s all. Walgreens needs to change their “policies” or I feel that a very large lawsuit is about to headed their way.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I returned to using WalMart. Better service for everything. Including lower prices/cost of my meds. Being handicapped too difficult to go inside store. Always a long 1/2 waiting time to use drive thru window... 1 of the 2 lanes ought to be for handicapped only, but isn't. The store is understaffed (been told that by pharmacy staff as well and the clerks). Good Bye WG... FYI - WG is installing drive thru in the near future as well... For the Lake Geneva, WI. store... 53147.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Completely discriminated against & singled out due to the medication that I take, refill times are different for me at this store than anyone else, rules are different for me each month depending on what mood the pharmacist is in, completely disrespectful on the phone and in person, the treatment I’ve been subjected to has been ridiculous and would never be acceptable at any other business in the USA!!!

Walgreens Pharmacy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

• Best for: people with Medicare and special medication requirements.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs