Walgreens Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The doctor called in a prescription for me at 1:00 PM. I went to the drive-through at 4:05 PM. One car was in front of me. I got to the window at 4:35. I could not see anybody in the window because it was filthy dirty, I did not hear anything over that loudspeaker, I managed to see there was someone standing there and I said, "If you are talking to me I cannot hear you." She did not say anything. I said, "I am here to pick up a prescription for Carlette **."

The person held up a bag real close to the window and I was able to see the name, so I said yes that is it. She opens the drawer and the prescription is in the drawer, I placed my debit card in the drawer. She then closes the drawer and runs my card through. Then opens the drawer with my receipt. No thank you, no hello welcome to Walgreen... Not a word was said to me!!! I was so frustrated I did not even look at the price. I drove away and looked at the price then I realize maybe she did not run my insurance. I called the store and was on hold for 26 minutes so I hung up very very frustrated. I shall never go again.

The Walgreens in Goodlettsville, TN has some of the rudest people I have ever meet in the pharmacy. Ask to be taken off the auto call, because I am not using this medication now. Was argued with about how this lets you know when meds are needed. I informed them if it's an important prescription I will be watching it. Appears this is one of their sell tactics to automatically call and set up more refills. If it's important I know when it's empty! Just another time when they prefer to fill your prescription at their convenience, not the customer's. How long does it take to put 30 pills in a bottle? Good luck here.

Called in a refill to Walgreens pharmacy on their phone system for a skin treatment cream. The system said that it would be ready the following day after 10:00 am. When I arrived I was told that they had to contact my doctor because I had used a 30 day supply too fast. The clerk said "I don't know how large of an area is affected, but that was a thirty day supply." Found this to be a little bold of a statement to make in a public area full of people waiting for prescriptions. I'm fairly sure she wasn't qualified to judge anyway. I left and they called the doctor they claim and had him issue another prescription for another product.

When my wife picked up the prescription, they told her that they changed the prescription because the insurance wouldn't cover the other cream until 30 days went by. I would have liked to have had the option as a customer to pay for the medicine myself rather than face their control of my health. The current situation is this, I called in the cream again yesterday and again the system said it would be available for pickup today after 10 am. This morning Walgreens called and said that there was a problem with the insurance again. Now it's 1:10 pm and I have no idea what they're doing. Thanks for a place to vent!

Walgreens on Silverlake Rd. Fenton Mi and their newest pharmacist Courtney are horrible. I understand many of us seem to complain due to a scheduled drug we are prescribed by our doctor. First let me say if you feel we are truly addicts who are only complaining because we can't get our "drugs" you could not be further than the truth. Of course there are many who abuse these medications but many of us do not and deserve respect and to be treated with respect, like normal people picking up our prescriptions without judgment and stating that medication out loud which clearly goes against HIPPA laws but Walgreens seems to be exempt.

Yes the DEA tried to crack down stating that narcotic drugs are killing more people than any other drug. However I highly doubt that. Alcohol has always been a number one killer but you can walk in a store and get 151 proof vodka without as much as a look? Unbelievable! A bit of history about myself, I never needed any prescription drugs! I was healthy and took Advil for a headache that's it!! Life happens and diseases creep up and no it's not always cancer that requires pain meds. Many diseases cause terrible and chronic pain and if you're faced with taking a medicine like ** for life or suffering I believe most will choose the medicine.

I have tried EVERY other home remedy out there, yoga, ridiculous things I see online, barbaric surgeries that have made me worse, medications where I lost my hair and gained 30 lbs, I have tried everything! My DOCTOR has been on this journey with me and is ok with prescribing pain medications so that I may have some quality of life.

However, Walgreens has appointed themselves physicians and the judge and jury when it comes to if you will get your pain medication through them. In my case Courtney the pharmacist at my local Walgreens has made it her point to make this an impossibility and has went against all HIPPA laws and common decency. She will not be fired however because every year this pharmacy has a new face. Seven years of coming to Walgreens off and on and I lost count of how many pharmacist they have had. All pharmacist there; no different than the last because Walgreens corporation will defend the unethical decisions and actions of their pharmacies.

Since being highly fined (Look up Walgreens fined by DEA) when the DEA first made ** a scheduled drug some years back, it was never a scheduled drug prior to this new law which has caused many of us in chronic pain to suffer. Every case is different but perhaps if you ask some of us we can share our story of why we are even getting a pain medication. Does anyone honestly believe that given the choice of absolutely no pain or a lifetime of pain meds that most would not choose no pain?

If ever they want to try and find a cure for what causes my pain I will be so very happy but in the meantime pharmacies like Walgreens needs a course on human decency 101 and to be reminded why they even have a job in the first place. Lying about not having a medication, stating insurance does not cover something it has for over five years, stating very loudly "I will not refill your NARCOTIC", being rude, slow, making up rules as they see fit, using their "discretion" to call your doctor and state you should not be on a medication, refusing to refill my prescription and just being an overall jerk have been my past and more recent experiences with Walgreens and other pharmacists.

Something has to be done! Pharmacist are NOT physicians and if they feel want to be, they should have simply went to medical school to be a doctor. I know the politics involved, I came very close to being in the medical field myself but life events stopped this. It's simply an epidemic lately but nobody will be accountable let alone make a change that will allow customers the right to be treated with a minuscule of respect.

I had 13 teeth pulled at the dentist. I went to fill my meds. The pharmacist called the dentist and told them I am on a patch for pain (I am for my back but it's not a narcotic). Thanks to them the dentist canceled my pain medication. Now I am stuck with 13 teeth pulled out and the whole bottom stitched up and nothing for pain. I am now moving all my meds over to a different pharmacy and NEVER using them again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

I called in 2 refills at the South Tyler location in Tyler, TX. I am on social security and did not have enough to fill a 90-day Rx so asked for one month. They told me $10. ** is listed on YOUR WALGREENS generic cost as $12 for a 90-day supply. I also noticed many other drugs (I am on heart meds as well) were much cheaper than I had been paying. I called the pharmacy and spoke with whom I believe was the pharmacy manager and she told me that she used the price the computer uses at the time of the refill. She said "they probably need to update that." I'm furious.

How many other customers beside me compare drug pricing before moving their Rx's due to comparison, only to find out you are not getting accurate pricing. In my opinion you are using bait and switch, and I believe that is illegal, am I correct? Now when I refill the remainder of that med, how much you gonna get me for. Your site states $12 for any dosage for 90 pills-- I spent $10 today for a 30-day supply. So will it be $10? $20? I am going to check into this. I barely make it on my SS check and a part-time job and I am not going to let your incompetence or lack of caring to update this information so the public can make an informed decision.

Walgreens has been consistently overcharging me for my prescriptions. The last time they ignored my MFG loyalty coupon co-pay, then made me sit and wait one hr while they were supposedly trying to confirm the copay on a Sat. when I know that they are not even there. I left without my 3 month Rx & was told to return again on Mon. I know that the info is in the computer. This pharmacist decided to "stick it to me!" just because she felt like it!!! They also had another Rx mislabeled with the wrong med & refused to change it which is against Fed law. Seriously, I am worried that they will kill someone with lack of care & responsibility. I will have to call my Drs. office & have them write a new Rx. The Drs. office agrees with me: Walgreens is the worst!!!

Every time I use Walgreens pharmacy (Lawton, OK, Sheridan Road) there is issues submitting RX manufacturer coupons. The pharmacy techs do not know how to enter the coupon, so I am asked to come back to give them time to figure out how to enter the coupon in their system. The coupon I was using was for **, coupon states "No more than $15.00 copay, if your Ins., does not cover the RX." Walgreen's calls for me to pickup my RX, and states total due is $25.00? WHAT!

Coupon Pharmacist certification and agreement states: Pharmacist agrees to accept the reimbursement offered under this offer and not charge the patient any amounts over and above the $15 copay! SO WHY IS WALGREENS CHARGING MORE? Price gouging the patient??? And when I called back to ask for Corp. number to file a complaint, the male pharmacy manager, said "well if you call and complain, all that gonna happen is I will have to call you back." Meaning he is the one that handles the complaints!!! Very poor customer service. Neither Walgreens pharmacy or Walgreens store will ever get another dime of my money!!! Customer service is awful!!

The new automated attendant system that Walgreens has just begun using is as bad as if Trump were traipsing around in a bluster trying to spell for the first time in his brainless, scum-fed lifetime. Augh! DISGUSTING! If you are a patient and have REAL GENUINE PAIN, SUFFERING and SHEER MEDICAL AGONY... DO NOT think for a moment that you will be able to get your life-saving medications from the most INCOMPETENT PHARMACY IN THE UNITED STATES!!! Why don't they just hire Sean Spicer while they are at it? CALL TO ACTION: BOYCOTT WALGREENS NOW AND FOREVER!!!

There have been so many complaints with ** with the MFG being Actavis that the pills do not work. When we ask the pharmacy there is a difference from when it used to be Watson and they say nothing. Well if you look in Med chat you will see that thousands of people have complained about them and it seems like Walgreens doesn't want to admit it and doesn't want to change Manufacture. They say they have not gotten any complaints which is a lie. Something needs to be done.

Urbana Il. I have been going to this pharmacy for years. My Dr. called my prescription in on Monday 3/14/17. Walgreens called me to tell me it was ready to be picked up with a co-pay of 484.00 which floored me. I have very good drug coverage insurance. Mind you this was for 30 pills. I told them no thanks. I called my insurance co and they said I could get the exact same medication for 100.00 for a 90 days supply by using Caremark CVS. I will be transferring all my meds to CVS. I can only imagine how much Walgreens has been overcharging me for my prescriptions through the years. Please check with your insurance co before filling a prescription at Walgreens. I will never step foot in another Walgreens.

Have been using Walgreens for approximately 10 yrs. and have had a very frustrating experience virtually every time I try to refill a prescription. Should have changed pharmacy years ago but I guess I am just stubborn. They, with rare exceptions, virtually Never get the prescription right. Have to go back next day when they have "fixed" problem. Computers seem to totally confuse them.

I have a chronic disease for which I am prescribed pain meds on a monthly basis. Most all of the pharmacies that I have had to go to in Oro Valley and Marana AZ have not treated me like a person. Especially one pharmacy at La Canada and Lambert in Oro Valley. I have been going there for at least two years and spending about 200 dollars a month in prescriptions. They know me and I was treated very respectable by the pharmacist Ron. Can't remember his last name. The pharmacy manager was very rude and did not want to explain to me changes in the new opioids laws. I apparently brought my prescription in three days early and needed her to explain the situation to me, because this had never happened before. In fact this was a phone conversation and she basically hung up on me with the receiver in her hand laughing. She never did explain it so I went to another Walgreens in Marana a little further away.

The pharmacist said "no problem," then I received a call from him a little while later saying he couldn't fill it for a couple more days but the same as before no explanation, and this man, can't remember his name but it was at Tangerine Rd and Dove Mountain, was very short and he just snapped at me and gave no more information. I think it's very small minded of these pharmacists to treat all pain medicine people as drug seeker. I understand that new laws have made it very hard on these pharmacists, but that has nothing to do with compassion. They always advertise to consult your pharmacists, and they make plenty of money to do their job with compassion.

When I started back up with Walgreens this year I made a point of verifying that my prescription would be filled with PAR Pharmaceuticals as any other didn't work. My dr specified Par only!! I TOLD them it HAD to be PAR and they actually made me wait until they checked to see if they could get PAR the first time ordering from them again. They had been doing it when I was ordering from them previously. I came back they said yes they could. So that prescription was Par. I verified when I picked up. NOW THIS MONTH they decided to change it. I didn't realize it until I opened the container a few days later. IT'S MORE THAN DOUBLE THE SIZE IN THICKNESS!!

I looked up the info online and is a company called AVERIS?? One of the main fillers... cornstarch that I'm allergic to and who knows what else. Par... just has **. God knows how many more fillers for the size the itger is. Now I have to battle for them to take it back. Don't they have a responsibility to get the right one without me having to check every time??? What if it had something that could kill me?? Today I called and they must be closed for the storm, so I don't have blood pressure medicine I can take!!! This pharmacy is in Wethersfield CT on Silas Deane Highway.

I have been going to this pharmacy for 6 yrs getting the same medicine. Nobody remembers me and they never seem to have my medication and to order it which isn't too bad but it takes 4 or more days for them to get it... You'd think after all these years they would automatically order it when they run out. Their customer service sucks!

Walgreens refuses my prescription because my doctor is Mexican! I just returned from surgery. I must say it was a real, live adventure. Upon discharge, the doctor ordered me to get a blood pressure monitor, but she forgot to write the script or to reveal her identity or to give me her business card. She must have known that Medicare would pay for the blood pressure monitor if they had a faxed script. So I called Walgreens and they said my primary doctor has to write the script. I responded that my primary doctor is Mexican & I live in Ensenada, Baja California & I love living in ENS. They said they couldnt accept his script. So I called the surgeon in SD, and his office refused to write the script because a blood pressure monitor has nothing to do with urology.

I called my cardiologist in Oakland and the secretary said Id have to come in for an appointment. That would cost me 6 times the cost of the blood pressure monitor plus dragging this old carcass thru the border, to the airport, to Oakland and all the way back! Some people think Im crazy, but I LOVE my Mexican doctors. Obviously, Walgreens does not approve of Mexican doctors. They just told me to return to SD to some care unit and have them write a script. That would cost me a lot of effort and at least 100 dollars, much more than the blood pressure monitor would cost. Walgreens hates Mexican doctors, but I love them.

I keep getting emails stating, "To renew your prescription just reply to this email." I reply and after giving me another email 'thanks for...' I never get confirmation. It has been filled and is ready for pickup. Then 2 days later it gives me another email saying the same as the first. When I ask the clerk last time about this she said, "Oh, I'd never use that if I was you"... Huh... Why the ** (that's heck by the way and I may increase my vocabulary to other 4 letter words if you don't fire your programmer and hire a 5th grader). Can this be so hard or is it Obama's fault like everything else in the world?

I go to Walgreens to get my medication. They want to charge me 500 for it. I say no, they recommend a pharmacy that they and the insurance company work with. They want 410.00 for my medication. I go to Costco and they only want 34.00 for my medication 37.00 for non-members. Now how is this possible? Only answer is that this is a clear example of how these companies work with the pharmaceutical industry to gauge customers. Walgreens should be ashamed and people should stop buying from them. I will never walk into another Walgreens even if my life depended on it who know what they would do beside their customer service attitude is bad a piece of furniture has better customer service.

Always an issue or complication when using the pharmacy. Most recent. I injured my back - 4+ fractures in my lower back and a broken pelvis. I had received a prescription from my GP for ** for 1 pill every 6 hours. Another story - he gave me the RX, did not refer me to any specialist and said that he would NOT REFILL the RX again, PERIOD. I went to the ER again because of the severe pain and after a CT scan, received a new prescription from my doctor changing the dosage from every 6 hours to every 4 hours. He was surprised at the amounts of damage and referred me to an orthopedic "surgeon" Doctor. So I went to fill the prescription the next day and they said it was too early, not taking in the change in the prescription. I called on Monday to explain the situation and the girl said it was no problem, they could have filled it on Saturday when I needed it.

Had to wait in a long line for them to tell me that I couldn't have a medication in junction with another medication which I've been doing for the past six years. The pharmacist also after an hour waiting and 30 minutes of me standing there watching her ignore me as she's walking past. On top of that they asked me at least five times what my name was and they called my name to begin with and let two people confront me and then telling me that I can't get my script filled because it's a day early but my doctor specifically want to me to have it for today. I can't even tell you what has gone wrong with Carpentersville Walgreens but it is the most ridiculous unprofessional incompetent and they're not about customers at all. All they do is throw drugs around. A joke. This pharmacy is a big joke.

The Walgreens in Laurel MD on 600 Washington Blvd, Laurel, MD 20707 has terrible customer service. Today, I waited 10 minutes for my prescription (**), and I still didn't get it because of the ** (don't know his name), said, "Can I help you." I informed him I had been waiting for 11 minutes now and he had already asked me to wait for a few and then he tells me it was five people in front of me. Granted, I was the only person in the drive thru on today. Destitute service and I decided to go to CVS and stop getting my prescription from Walgreens in Laurel. This is not the first time sitting in line for over 15 minutes or longer. I know Walgreens don't care, but I do.

Pharmacist would not fill my prescription because she was questioning the number 2 in the date written by the doctor. She claims the two does not look like other 2s in the prescription. My prescription was due, there were no other issues other than the 2. When I asked what number she thought it looked like, she said she did not know. The date written was 2/24/2017. Which was the day I tried to fill the prescription. The 2 representing the month was the concern. Her name was Fazia and did nothing but give me a hard time. What gives her the right to be Judge and Jury? She claimed she would have to call the doctor to verify the date. Since when is a pharmacist a writing analyst?

The newest pharmacist at the Walgreens location I have been using for two years asked me why my doctor prescribed me my medicine and proceeded to tell me it was dangerous to take. Ummm pretty sure my pain management doctor isn't going to prescribe me something if they don't think I need it. I thought this was very unprofessional... Let alone asking me that in front of other people again very unprofessional. If I continue to be treated this way I will find a different pharmacy along with other people I know who have left Walgreens!

I went into Walgreens to buy a birthday card and some flowers for my sister in law's birthday which is today 2-17-2017 and when I took them to her she was thrilled until we took the wrap off of one bouquet and the petals started falling off realizing they were DEAD!!! I looked at the other bouquet that was still wrapped and realized they were also dead!! I was very upset!!! So I took them back to the store and they proceeded to give me a hard time even though it had been only 20 minutes from the time of my purchase and returning to the store!!!

I wanted my money back and they told me I could choose another bouquet. I told them I wanted my money back and didn't want dead roses. That I would go to Conn's and buy fresh roses from there!!! They truly are unprofessional and rude!!! I dealt with the manager and cashier not the cashier that originally helped another one and she was also very rude!!! Is this the way they treat paying customers!!! Because I will never walk into that store again!!! They've lost my business forever!!!

Walgreens makes customer pay for cashier incompetence. I made the mistake of purchasing a 3pk of $10 Amazon gift cards from Walgreens (I usually buy them from CVS) for a graduation gift in June. The grad recently told me that when she tried redeeming the cards in Dec., she was told that the cards never got loaded from the cashier. I never thought to think of keeping the receipt after a few months because this has never happened in the approx 200 times I have purchased gift cards in the past.

Simple mistake, but this mistake now cost me $30 that went right into Walgreens pocket because they refuse to now load the $ on the cards that the grad returned to me. I was told that they toss their records after 90 days and that THERE IS NO RECORD OF THEIR PURCHASES AFTER THAT. I totally call BS on this. I was able to provide them the exact date of the purchase as well as the statement from my bank that showed the charge but this still wasn't enough. So now Walgreens has $30 of my hard-earned money with me having nothing to show for it. Bottom line: I should have went to CVS. Thanks for nothing Walgreens, I will be sure never to make such a mistake of shopping in your store again.

I went on the 2.4.17 to Walgreens on Del Prado and Hancock Bridge park way. As I gave my prescription to this one woman... She has dark hair pushed back, on the heavy side. I don't know her name. About early 30th or under. She looked at the prescription then told me she will not fill out this prescription, I wondered why and ask her. I know the insurance will pay for it. I am on Medicare, Medicaid and Humana, been with Walgreens for some years and always have the same prescription. For 7 years, and she tells me she will not fill this prescription, again I ask her why not, she mentioned something about the **.

I told her yes, every little plastic bottle I have has the same name on it. ** a substitute for **. And I have more than 40 bottles saved... She blabbered more about something. I could not understand her. She would not fill that prescription. By now I got mad. And told her what I thought. She is crazy and never never work in any pharmacy again. She can kill a person. While she tells them she will not fill that prescription. I told her she is not a doctor that she has the right to tell the customer that she will not fill that prescription. That woman is nuts, and should be fired at once. And never work at any pharmacy again. I never never heard of anything like this before. At any pharmacy.

If she does not get fired. She will cause lawsuits against Walgreens, and the customer is right, Walgreens the loser. Having to pay out millions of dollars. While one worker for Walgreens pharmacy decided, she will not fill that prescription.. I left and went to the Walgreens pharmacy 1606 Del Prado and in less than 20 minutes had my prescription filled. That woman is a danger to the customers who need their prescription badly, and she refused to fill a prescription. If that woman does not get fired at once, I will write this complaint all over facebook and more. No idiot like this should work at any pharmacy. She is a danger..

I've always for the most part, have used The closest Walgreens to wherever I live as my pharmacy. I have never had an issue until this past year and I need help! I've been using the Walgreens in Deptford NJ off of Cooper and Delsea Drive for many years. A new Pharmacy Manager was hired and now, she's caused major issues. A few months ago, I call as usual to see if my blood pressure medication was ready for pickup, she answered the phone. I know it was her because she has a very heavy accent. She was very rude and abrasive on the phone, I tried to stop her and get a word in. When I did that she hung up in my ear. Needless to say every single time I've gone into the store, drive through or call she was very nasty and abrasive with me. I spoke to the Store manager & I also called Walgreens Corporate Offices and filed a complaint.

Now the nightmare begins!! I had foot surgery December of last year. The day before my surgery I was in a minor fender bender with another car. My son who is disable was in the car with me. I go to the emergency room to have myself and my son looked at. They did X-rays on us both. The ER doctor was shocked at my X-ray. He showed them to me & discovers I have 4 discs in be spine that are almost completely deteriorated. I took the paperwork to my primary physician, where they determined I had a bone disease. He referred me to pain management. Long story short, she began to get worse. My pain management dr put me on medication and when I take my script in if she's working she will say they are out of stock or don't have what The Doctors (not me) prescribed!! I reported her once again to her manager.

Long story short she called my primary Physician who has been my doc for more than 6 years. She told him I would get my medication early at times. If it's too early, why would they refill my medication? She tried to paint me as overly taking my medication (retaliation for me reporting her). I cannot write a prescription nor can I fill or refill it. My urine is checked every single month by pain management. I am not a drinker nor do I or have I ever used street drugs. If it's too soon, why give it to me & if I'm prescribed too much medication (in her opinion) the doctors have me these medications. I do not own a prescription pad. Needless to say, my doctor of 6 years dropped me as a patient as of yesterday.

I went into Walgreens and obtained a printout of my medications and the times and dates THEY refill them. She is causing a nightmare in my life. Now it's becoming her personal vendetta against me. I need help because now this situation of retaliation is flying out of control because of this Pharmacist!!! Could someone please help me. As I know, everything is documented and there to view in plain sight!! I cannot write a prescription, I can't put myself on medication. Why is she so involved with the medication that my doctors have me on? Someone must contact me. I need help!!

Was treated like scum by pharmacist, went to er and got diagnosed with kidney stone, did not get out of er till 11:30 at night. My pharmacy was NOT OPEN at that time. The next day was not able to get out of the house because I was in so much pain. Called my dr office, to tell them what was going on and they said I should have no problem getting a small break through rx filled.

The pharmacist cancelled the prescription. Wouldn't let me explain, embarrassed me in front of everyone in the store. I am a 56 year old mom, with no prescription abuse history!!! Have been using Walgreens for more than 5 years! This Walgreens is at Montclair road in Birmingham, AL. The pharmacist needs to, at the very least, be reprimanded. I will not do business there again. Please make sure if you are treated this way without cause to report!!!

Went to pick up my daughter's prescription, I had her with me in car with fever, so I went to drive-thru. I waited behind a car for 15 min, I saw this lady got their prescriptions and leave. I advanced my car to the window and the pharmacist told me he needed my insurance card. I passed to him and I ask him if I can also get a bottle of children's **. His answer was: "Oh I am not going inside to shop for you, and besides you will have to come inside of the store because this will take time and you are clogging the line." I was shocked! I was there for less than 2 min and he already was telling that I clogged the line. I responded to him that I could not go inside the pharmacy because my daughter who is sick and with fever is with me in the car and that is the reason that I am using the drive-thru. I also said, "It is ok I won't buy the ** just let me pick up her prescriptions, I will go buy ** someplace else". (There is a CVS pharmacy close to my house.)

So he got so mad at me and he insisted that I need to come inside, I said no and he yelled to me: "Do whatever you want, but you have to move out of the line!" I stayed there and finally another young men came to tell me that I need it to move my car and do the line again. So I did and waited there for another 30 minutes, while the car in front of me took 25-30 minutes and I never see him being asked to move his car to the end of the line. I had a reason to be there, picking up prescriptions for my sick daughter, my daughter was with me. Isn't the most practical thing to use drive- thru? Or why would you have it? One thing that I want to mention: I was the only Mexican there! Maybe that was the issue for the pharmacist to not help me.

I live on a budget and by far they are so expensive, I rarely use them except when my other pharmacy does not have the medicine I need. I have shopped prices on the same medicine at 4 or 5 pharmacies and Walgreens is always the highest price.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.
  • Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.
  • Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.
  • Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.
  • Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.
  • Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.
  • Best for people with Medicare and special medication requirements.

Compare Online Pharmacies