Walgreens Pharmacy

Compare Pharmacies

Research top Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My refills were not able to go through because according to Presbyterian, my insurance, the ladies at Walgreens were running it through incorrectly. I was told 2x I would get a call back and did not. I've filed a complaint with the Walgreens headquarters and their boss.

Shopping experience on January 3 and January 5, 2017 and before. I am a customer at Walgreens since 2011 and have noticed since approx. 2 years that the pharmacy at Park and King is desperately understaffed. Walgreens tries to alleviate the problem by using floaters or part-timers some of which are totally inexperienced, rude and have no idea of how to deal with customers. If Walgreens tries to give a chance to uneducated people they should to say at least provide some training in social behavior not even speaking of product knowledge which they lack entirely.

The other problem that I can see lies in the process of "auto refill". Order refill works as long as there are refills authorized by the doctor. If there are no refills left a link is missing to inform the pharmacy staff and/or the patient to ask the doctor to send new prescriptions. To provide this link should be no problem considering today's technologies. Since this link does not exist at present the patient has no choice but to review all of his prescriptions with the pharmacy either by phone or in person at the end of each month even if he is on 'auto-refill'.

When I placed a prescription with the pharmacy I was told by my insurance company the cost would be $22.00 for a 30 day supply. I called before going to pick up the prescription and was told the cost was $108.00. The employees first were HORRIBLE TO DEAL WITH. Then I was transferred to a pharmacists who was even worse than the counter person. They just wanted me off of the phone and were happy to tell me if I hang up it would be better for all concerned. I did and transferred the prescription to another pharmacy that was 2 dollars more than the original price Walgreens quoted me. I transferred ALL MEDICATIONS from Walgreens and sent a letter to the insurance company advising them of Walgreens' practices and reconsider using them.

On Tuesday January 3, 2017, Walgreens on 585 Dekalb Ind. Way Decatur, Ga. I went to the front to checkout. There was 3 people waiting, no cashier. I asked the man in the photo dept to call for someone to check us out. He came over and call the lady in cosmetics to check us out. She told "no" out loud. She said it 3 more times, "NO." He had people in photo dept. This is unacceptable. My name is Yvonne **. I shop at Walgreens all the time. Never had a problem like this before. Would like a response. Thank You???

On January 2, 2017 between approximately 630 and 730 pm I just got out of the emergency room and we will I dropped off a prescription at the window and was told it was a 20 minute wait so I parked my car and went inside. It was just my seven-year-old daughter and I. When I went in the store I noticed all the Christmas items were on clearance so I went direct to the clearance aisle and started to purchase some of the clearance items. While I was over there I noticed a very large deck of cards that were open on the counter and said to my daughter who loves playing cards, "look at the size of these. Maybe we can find some in the box."

I yelled to employee across the way and asked if he could help me find some that were in the box. He said no "this is Christmas stuff. This is all we have. If it's not here it's not gonna be here." I said "OK". As I went to walk away I found a pack. I asked him if he would mind if I count these to make sure they're all here? He said "no. Go right ahead." While I was counting these cards his manager came over started to harass me telling me that he has to throw them away. Anything that's open is going in the trash. I said "I'm counting these to make sure they're all here. I will purchase them. They are 70% off. Not a big deal if they're not all here."

He proceeded to tell me, he doesn't mean to be rude but he's not selling me the card and if he has to remove me from the store he will. This is exactly how it went. No word of lie. My seven-year-old daughter stood there in horror telling him, "my mom wants to buy those cards for me!" He then again repeated he's not selling the cards. I said to him "these are not open. I just want to make sure they're all here because the other ones were all over the place". He proceeded to be rude again and tell me that he will have me removed from the store.

At that point the other coworker who was also young by the way came over and was pointing out candy wrappers and things opened on the top shelf of the aisle I was in, assuming... I believe, that I may have open these items and left them on the top shelf open. They start talking amongst themselves in a lower voice laughing and giggling like children. I pick up my phone and I say "I'm calling your corporate office." As I pick up the phone to call corporate he grabs the playing cards I just placed down to make the call and pretty much marches away quickly. My daughter standing there not having a clue what just happened or why this person had just treated her mother this way, and disregarded anything she said at all. Now I live right next-door to this place and I have to go in it daily.

When I told him I was calling the corporate office, he pretty much told me to go ahead, so apparently they can get away with treating anybody however they feel. This is a Walgreens on Center St. Malden Ma. I have never been so appalled in my life. As I was on the phone with the representative from Walgreens I asked the individual his name and he walked right by me and shouted Kyle which was even more rude. Never in my life have I had an experience like this and I cannot believe they allow this to happen in their store!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

My wife had surgery to fix a broken ankle. A nerve block was used on her leg for the surgery. While the block was still in place, I dropped off a prescription for pain pills to the Walgreens pharmacy at Dublin and Union. That night the nerve block wore off and my wife realized that the pain pills which she had were not adequate, so she had me pick up a prescription for something stronger. I dropped it off, and was told that it would take an hour to fill. During that time, my wife got a call from her doctor, according to him the pharmacy called and told him that we had picked up the prescription from the day before. This was not true. Walgreens could have caused my wife to go through agony all weekend. Luckily the doctor bothered to call her, he could have just canceled the prescription. We will be using a different pharmacy from now on. A pharmacy that treats my wife and I like junkies does not deserve our business.

On 12/4, I went to the Walgreens on 6603 Wadsworth Blvd in Arvada, CO to purchase Christmas gifts. One of the gift was a $75.00 gift card for Burlington. Yesterday, when the friend who received that gift went to use it, she was told the card had 0 balance on it. I called Walgreens today, Manager put me on an almost four minute hold, then hung up on me. I called back, she said they "can't help with third party cards." Then, when I asked for help, she said to come in tonight with my receipt, but when I asked her who I should ask for, she informed me "Well, I'm out of here at 3 pm, and the assistant manager can't really help anybody." I then asked why she couldn't help me on the phone, since I had all the receipt and gift card numbers. She was very put out, I could hear an annoyed person in the background saying "just get her number."

She promised to call me before 3, and so far (2:30 pm) NO CALL... NOT surprised. I called my bank to report this, and they informed me that Walgreens has a very bad history with handling customer complaints. My bank (1st bank) said it usually took about 90 DAYS for Walgreens to get back to them! DO NOT SHOP AT WALGREENS!!

I made an online order and realized that I left out an item. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN CANCEL THE ONLINE ORDER. I shop at many online companies and there is always the option to cancel the order immediately. I was told that all I can do is refuse the package when it arrives. Ugh!

For years, I went to Walgreens to get my son's script filled. Every time, there was an issue with filling (It was always resolved). However, There was always some long drawn out story about the cost. I always had to go back and forth calling insurance, calling Walgreens, again, calling insurance, etc. The last script that I refused to have filled, I wast told it was over $200. Which made no sense to me because it was a tier one, controlled substance drug. I was given some ** backwards explanation and didn't have it filled. Thank goodness my son was getting out of school within a few weeks and did not need it over the summer.

I reached out to my son's dr when he needed to have the med filled again and requested a new pharmacy. Interestingly enough.. no issues - did not have to call insurance. Within 30 mins of the request, it was filled. The cost?? $15.00. During this time, I'd not changed insurance, no change to ANYTHING other than the pharmacy. Imagine how many years I have been overpaying just because I relied on the info I was getting from Walgreens. I know about 3 or 4 other people who have experienced this same issue across the country. I will NEVER get another script filled at Walgreens. EVER AGAIN. I don't know who is pocketing that money but I sure hope they are investigated. There should be a class action suit against them.

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE SERVICE I RECEIVED FROM THIS LOCATION TODAY!!! I ordered thank you cards for the sympathy we received from a recent death in our family. I ordered a total of 65 cards via online because I like the convenience of picking it up when it is ready but it turned out to be more of an INCONVENIENCE!!!

On my way home, after I picked up the cards which I spend more than $100, I felt like counting it since it was not as heavy as I expected and sure enough I was missing 24 more cards. I had to go back to Walgreens and at that time I had to wait for a while for somebody in charge of photo to help me. Then the person who took care of me was the one who did the processing and he told me that the reason was probably when their machine got "jammed" and the rest were not printed.

My question is, so if it was missing more than 20 cards, how come I was not notified? When I picked it up, the box showed 59 and I paid for 59 cards, the least they can do is make a note in the box that only certain numbers were printed. When I came to pick up my order, the machine was working so nobody even bothered to print the rest that was missing. If you are a responsible person, you make sure that the count is right before you put it in on file ready for customer pickup.

I am a very reasonable person but I think this is not acceptable!!! I did not even receive an apology for the inconvenience. I do not expect one, it's just that I planned my day thinking I can just go in and out to pick up my thank you cards then went to buy chicken for our lunch that my daughter is waiting at home. So my day turned out to be staying at Walgreens, recounting the cards, and checking which one was not printed since I ordered three kinds then went home with cold chicken and my daughter crying because she was hungry waiting for me. I live close by but I will not go back to this Walgreens location for photo. I spoke to the manager thereafter and all she did was listen. SO, SO DISAPPOINTED. I LIKE THE PRODUCTS YOU HAVE BUT I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK TO THIS LOCATION!!!

The Walgreens stores specially the pharmacy stores don't have licensed pharmacy technicians. They used volunteers, cashiers and managers to fill the prescription and most of time people in risk because they don't want hire pharmacy technician instead they used that explained above. So guys careful. Don't sent your prescription especially, Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, and Cotati and other stores in Sonoma County. Not good so careful guys. Thanks.

I used to order photos at Walgreens all the time (about 5 years ago before I moved overseas, then returned). I prefer a matte finish, so I get the mail order. When picking up at the store, the gloss quality is inferior and the image actually wipes off the paper if you try to trim it. I ordered a print and got a tracking number, but it stayed at a certain facility for over a week. I called Walgreens and they had no idea what happened to my print, but reordered it and upgraded the shipping. I received both on the same day. Not having learned my lesson, I ordered another print. It's been a week since I got the shipping notice, and it still hasn't arrived. What's more, the tracking number has it starting 20 minutes from my house (Maryland) then going to Ohio, then New Jersey??? It's a good thing these are not gifts or they'd be late. The coupon codes make the offers tempting, but the service is terrible.

I placed an order on Walgreens.com on November 30, 2016 for 7 bottles of shave cream. As someone who shops online frequently from a variety of retailers, I was surprised when I did not receive a shipping confirmation email within 24-48 hours (the email I initially received confirming the order stated my item would be shipped and arrive to me within 1-3 business days. Obviously that was a lie. This is where my horrendous experience with Walgreen's customer service team begins.

When I called customer service on December 2 to find out what was going on with my order, I spoke with a rep named Brenda who initially responded to my query with, "You just placed your order," followed by a chortle. She claimed not to know what was going on nor could she give me any information as to when the order would ship. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager, slightly less clueless than Brenda, assured me the item would ship out the following day and said most customers received their orders within 24-48 hours of placing them. She said something about a technical glitch and that their systems were updating. No apology was given for the delay nor could she give me a date as to when I would receive a tracking number so I could check on my order.

The next day came and went and my order never arrived. I was starting to get anxious, so, again, I contacted customer service. The rep I spoke with, once again, said something to the effect of "It's processing. I have no idea when it will ship." There was no explanation as to what was happening or when it would be fixed. I imagine the rep just shrugging their shoulders as if to say, "It's not my problem." Again, I spoke with a manager. This person was even worse than the first manager. She claimed that the system was totally down (for 2 days in a row?) and that she had NO idea when anything would ship but seemed confident that the order was packed and just sitting in a warehouse. She said, in a very frazzled and irritated voice, "I can call down to the warehouse and see if they packed it yet and get back to you." Surprise, surprise, I never heard back.

The third and final time I called, I was told that the order should just "show up" at some point and that the system was still down. I was told to wait "a few days" and then to call back. Are you serious??? I guess everyone assumed I was in no rush to receive my order and would be perfectly content to just sit around waiting. Again, the promise in the email was 1-3 business days.

I am currently waiting to speak to a rep via live chat and I am told that I have a 48 minute wait time. I contacted Twitter earlier in the day and they said "Sorry we don't deal with online, here's their number." It's becoming comical at this point. I have to say that it's been a long time since I've dealt with such incompetent and rude customer service from a company. Judging by the number of complaints I see online, I'm not surprised but I'm honestly dumbfounded by how willing the people I spoke with were to just blow me off, give me complete misinformation and/or outright lie to me for the sake of getting me off the phone.

I was enrolled in the Walgreens Mail in Pharmacy as directed by the insurance company in NJ that covers me from a work related injury in my practice as an RN. The first month (11/2016), they made a med. error. They put two medications in the wrong labelled bottles! When I called to report this serious incident; I was told by their pharmacist Donna "too bad! I caught it, so it's no big deal!" Now - month 2, I'm told I don't meet their "good faith review"? I do meet it. There is a PDF of this form online. I reviewed it and both my doctor (of over 16 years) & I meet or exceed their bullet points & questions.

I am an RN and take my medication management very seriously as does my dr.! I found also found online this "good faith review" is based solely on problems that only Walgreens has experienced in New Mexico r/t medication abuse in that state. But, I live in NJ and have never had a problem getting the medications filled that I need for management of severe chronic intractable nerve and muscle pain! I have dealt with only two pharmacies in all that time. I have tried many alternative meds and procedures to no success. These meds make the difference in me being able to live a bit of a normal life with my family and being bed bound. Yet Walgreens... who made a very serious dispensing error on my first month with them; is now saying I don't meet their "good faith review"!

Walgreens is judging me on things they know nothing about yet cryptically saying I don't meet their standards! This is prejudicial, unfair and unprofessional. I now have to call the original insurance company and go through a probable very stressful process to get this resolved. Why am I, a legitimate chronic pain patient being subjected to a form/policy by Walgreens based on situation with a state thousands of miles from me! Please; can someone from Consumer Affairs please look into this ridiculous policy and; why me and the many others writing complaints here are being made to feel embarrassed & frustrated by a company that doesn't understand nor respect its patients! I am available for further information should it become needed. Thank you.

Walgreens: $190.88, Sam's Club: $24.00. A real attention getter for me. Maybe you also! Same medicine, same size, same quantity. In both cases, a cash transaction. The Sam's Club pharmacist surprised me, when all on her own, she apologized for the huge price charged at Walgreens as if to say how "unethical" it is in her profession. Her words.

Sure price differential is to be expected, even encouraged in a free market, but this seems way over the top. It made my wife so angry she said she will never shop at Walgreens ever again, even for a quart of milk or a greeting card. I tend to agree. Of course they're not the only ones who appear greedy, but next time I'm shopping for medicine, I'll be better informed and make wiser choices. Thought you should know.

On November 29 my husband went to pick-up a prescription for an salve for an open wound I have on my foot from a recent surgery. The Walgreens at Northwest Highway and Dryden in Arlington Heights said they did not carry it and that he would have to go to the Walgreens in Mt. Prospect on Elmhurst Road and Golf Road. When he went to pick it up he was told that our Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy did not cover it. The cost was $168. Since this wound has been a problem for a month we decided I had to try something else.

On December 1, I called Blue Cross/Blue Shield to find out why it was not covered. They told me it was available over the counter. Walgreens is a preferred provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield. The pharmacist NEVER mention this possibility. On the internet the exact same salve is available for $38 dollars. When I called customer service I was told someone would get back to me. I think the pharmacist should be arrested; so should Walgreens.

I have been taking very low levels of the same dosage pain medication for over 6 years. I have life threatening allergies to all NSAIDs. I get whole body deep tissue hives including in my lungs and stomach. If I take any sort of pain meds other than the one my Dr prescribed, he has told me I could kill myself fairly rapidly. I actually hate the narcotic painkillers I am now forced to use. I would do anything to be able to use ** again although I suspect the use of ** to block my pain for years (I was told I would never walk or work again as a result of being a passenger in a car accident at 27) helped create the severe muscle and joint pain I now suffer from.

I drop off my prescription at Walgreens, I show up an hour later to collect it, pharmacist in front of everyone (very busy many people standing around) tells me he will fill my prescription this time but do not expect to have him do it again. I was totally and completely mortified. He treated me like I was a drug addict that wanted these for fun. This jackass had zero idea why I have this prescription filled every two weeks. He had zero idea why my doctor decided I need them. He could have cared less.

At a time when multiple doctors are struggling to get my pain under control and to figure out exactly where the joint swelling and pain, muscle weakness and severe pain (among other symptoms) are coming from and my inflammation numbers from my lab results are extremely high this insensitive, stupid, arrogant and I assume lazy man also that is supposed to be part of my health team now made it so I am mortified to walk into a drug store. I am assuming because there is a narcotics problem in the country that there is a lot more paperwork to fill my prescriptions. It is NOT my pharmacist job to embarrass me and make my depression worse by singling me out and acting like I am a drug addict when he has zero background on me.

I do understand the drug companies in this country have created a problem for millions of people with pushing pain meds. I would have understood his concern if he had taken me aside and ASKED me about why I needed this medication. I would be happy if he could think of another choice for me or if he had ANY input on how to stop what is happening to me. None of those things happened!!! This Walgreens pharmacist was rude, arrogant with a holier than thou attitude. His attitude was one of not giving a crap about his patients where Walgreens goes on and on about how much they care about their patients. What a crock of horse manure. Walgreens is not the corner of happy and healthy. They are a cornerstone of greed and self interest.

If anyone else is suffering from high inflammation rates, severe muscle pain and weakness where your large muscles feels like someone poured concrete in them and you have joint swelling and pain (including disfiguration of joints) that shows up in all joints at some point but moves between them, inflammation in your fascia, skin sensitivity yet you have no definitive diagnosed autoimmune disease can you post here? Maybe we can get a working group together to find commonalities and maybe sort out how to stop whatever this is.

My partner and I went to Walgreens on Cass Rd in Joliet last Friday, November 25th, 2016. We ask if it would be possible to refill his medicine (which is very important not to miss a dosage) that night. They told us that our medicine will be ready today, Monday November 28th, 2016 in the morning. I asked the clerk if our medicine was going to be ready for sure, and she said "YES". However, today I call to double confirm and the pharmacist in charge told me that she wasn't aware of it. That she was going to begin to submit my prescription for tomorrow at 2:00 pm. Should I trust the pharmacy of Walgreens at Joliet again? I don't think so! Lack of negligence, organization, and the pharmacist unfriendly tone voice, is helping me to reflect and reconsidering if I should go back to Walgreens.

Main Street Pharmacy had wonderful people capable of filling prescriptions. It was purchased by Walgreens. Then Walgreens proved to be unable to perform the task of filling the prescriptions that were on file with the pharmacy they purchased. Also the people employed there are not capable of understanding the difference between a 30 day supply of a medication taken 3 times daily and a 90 day supply of a medication taken once daily. I must come to the conclusion that these poor people do not know how to read and therefore should be nowhere near medications or the distribution of any medication as an interest in public safety.

I can only warn people and hope no one else gets hurt (one may say it's ironic but I do not see any humor in their lack of intellect since this has forced me to be non-compliant with my medication for about 4 weeks now). All I can do is ask: Why did Walgreens "expand" with this purchase if they are not capable of providing the service?

Walgreens Pharmacy had, delayed by 2 weeks, my important med twice for PTSD and delayed my service animals anti-seizure meds, as well! Complaining on their f/b site does NOTHING! Calling their Customer Service does little or nothing at All! (Had been doing both for 2 months and NO HELP) I finally realized how to work their 'system' and wish to share with you: Go Directly to Store Manager and tell them to call District Rep immediately with your complaints/concerns. District Rep will call you in a couple of days - tell them! IF, District Rep blows you off - demand to speak with their boss and tell District Rep to contact them immediately and call you! Boss did call me back, pronto and compensated me with a Visa $150 gift card - not enough but better than nothing! I refused the first offer of a Walgreens gift card as I will never step foot in any Walgreens again!

I have been a regular Walgreens customer for over ten years, not always the same one due to moving a few times but I have always used one close to my home. WALGREENS in Bridgeville, DE has recently had a change in their head pharmacist. Her name is Jessica. She will no longer fill my pain medications because SHE has determined the QUANTITY is too dangerous for me, WHAT THE HELL!!! Pharmacist are NOT doctors, and she called me in the back office and explained that my doctor is not doing what is best for me and that she will not partake in filling this amount of pain medication.

For over a year I have been getting that amount filled along with all my other medications. So she has decided she can fill my medicines BUT not my pain meds. I have been taking these pain meds for a long time and they are what allows me to have a decent quality of life. I am not suffering anymore, I can shop, walk without much pain, and ride a bike and work out a bit.

She has no idea what goes on with me and my doctor. Since when does a pharmacist have the right to dictate and come between a pain specialist and the patient? This new pharmacist told me that unless my pain specialist decreases my amount of **, she will no longer fill my prescription. This is so WRONG in SO many ways. I have always have Walgreens the benefit of doubt in some of their many legal disputes, but no more.

Customers need protection from WALGREENS, they are way overstepping their bounds in the private lives of their customers. WALGREENS should be sued by what they are doing to me. They are not doctors and should have no right to do this to me. Maybe I will seek legal advice, maybe if enough people come forward we could get a class action suit started.

I went to the pharmacy at West and Clinton here in Fresno Ca. I handed my prescription to the pharmacist. He said he couldn't fill it unless he called the Doctor. I said call him. He did and then told me he couldn't fill because he needed to know what was wrong with me. Was he going to examine me? I snatch the prescription out of his hand and told the little rude kid I would go somewhere else. I went to Rite aid and they filled my prescription immediately with no problem in 20 mins.

I will never go to any of your stores again. I asked for ** at your Walgreens at Clinton and Brawley as I was not to use ** (Doctors orders) as it has ** in it - she didn't know what it was then thought it was a deadly poison. Another clerk told her it was the main ingredient in ** then she brought out a two pound can of ** but she couldn't sell any to me as it was opened. You must not test anybody when you hire them! Very disappointed.

Most people tend to complain about the pharmacy for whatever reason and yes most of the reasons are valid reasons to complain about. I would just like to praise my Walgreens in Houston, Texas. I have been going for 10 years now. And through the years the pharmacy staff has change from management to technicians and cashiers, they know exactly who I am and treat me like family. And I enjoy that. And any issues I encounter such as medicare issues or the medicine not being ready by the the promise time, they always seem to care and try to correct the problem.

I have been having problems with clerks not being available in the photo department at both Walgreens in Yuba City, CA. Today, I went to the Walgreens on Colousa Hwy in Yuba City. No one was working in the photo department. I selected all my photos. By that time, there still was no one in the photo department, so the poor young girl working up front had to dash over to help me and still try to hold the fort at the front by taking money for purchases. She called three times for help in the photo department and no one ever responded to her calls. So, she had to keep running back and forth to help me in that department.

I have noticed that you have people working in photo that do many other things other than helping customers in the photo department. Why is that? You certainly make enough money on your prescription drugs to pay for more employees and yet you are working the few that are on duty to death! That isn't fair to your employees, and it isn't good customer service for your customers who have to wait, and wait for help. If this was the first time I have had that problem in the photo department, I wouldn't be writing to you. But this seems to happen in your other Yuba City store on Harter Rd as well and I shop there more than the Walgreens store on Colousa. You expect too much and cheat your employees and customers of what they should expect to receive from you.

I went to pick up all my daughter diabetic medicine. I received someone else prescription and not my daughters. I had to wait until the next day. When the ** expired, I am thinking about switching to CVS. This is very unacceptable and the lack of the privacy act. The pharmacy tech should of been more diligent. And my daughter ** was still at the pharmacy. I work in the health care business. I would be suspended with out pay.

Would like to know when a pharmacy technician when he call the doctors and the doctor said it was ok and he filled it last month but now he said he don't think I need it and he don't have any documentation. He talk to the doctor. If he had any questions why didn't he ask the doctor? Now the pharmacy technician at Walgreens knows more to the doctor so I am telling everyone Walgreens pharmacy technician think they are better than your doctor.

An anti viral medication was ordered 11/2/2016 at about 2 PM. Heard nothing from Walgreens in text format... called and was told it was being processed. What they really meant when I spoke to someone in the store was that they did not have it! I have been dealing with this store for about 6 years. They have my phone number to text me about status. If I wanted, I was told, I could drive about 10-15 miles and pick it up at another Walgreens. I called that mentioned store and was told they did not have it! This is the worst service, but perhaps all service centers like this are similar. I will try CVS and have my account transferred. I depend upon pharmacies because I must have a continuous supply of medications. I am an insulin dependent Type 1 diabetic. If you have succeeded with a pharmacy chain, please state the name.

I went in to refill my medications on Nov. 2, which my bottle said, they would not fill it because I came in late. I go by my bottles not when I picked them up. The location of this store is in Madisonville, TN. The lead pharmacist is Paul, I called corporate and they are investigating this matter. The customer is right and the assistant tech asks why I am complaining about 52 miles both ways to my home, and it costs money to come back to the store to get my meds, that he travels 100 miles one way to his job, I told him that is not my job and I'm disabled, and should have gotten my medication, and it's not my fault that the wrong date was on the bottle.

Walgreens has in-store rules and will not fill but every 30 days, there is so many drugstores that will fill your meds if it's that close as to not put the customer out. They judge the customer as being a drug addict or they are selling it so they are trying to get their drugs early. I am 58 years old, have RA, severe nerve damage, and have been burned over 85% of my body, and I go pick my drugs up on the date my bottle reads, period.

It is a inconvenience to me and others that need their medications and have to struggle with the pharmacy to get our drugs because of drug addicts or drug dealers. I am on pain medications also and they would not fill for me, because I was a new patient and they were not accepting new customers, I'm not new. I have been a customer for years and years. They choose who they want to fill for and what medications they want to fill. I take 2 Schedule 2 drugs and they did not want to fill for me. Walgreens is a problem pharmacy and the store makes up the rules as they go along.

I am writing to make certain that pharmacists when they make mistakes resolve their errors in an ethical and compassionate manner. On Friday, October 28, 2016, I took 3 prescriptions to the Walgreens in Tustin California. The place was like a circus and it was topped off with a digital billboard with your name and your disposition posted for the world to see in violation of HIPPA Law. That disturbed me as I felt like my privacy was being violated and I asked not to be posted on the board. However, I was pretty much ignored. There was no way for them to reprogram the board and allow for someone to be truly private.

Then I gave them my husband's prescription and the lunacy started. I was originally told they would fill them and they took them and I sat down to wait. Then I started getting called to the windows for more information. Apparently, they needed more information about my husband's diseases to be able to fill the medicine. I am a nurse practitioner and I explained some of the intricacies of his diagnosis but since a Pharm.D. is not a medical doctor nor a nurse practitioner I really did not approve of them knowing his personal information.

Then I sat down to wait again. All the while observing my name posted up on the digital billboard which I had been anxious about. Then I get called up that my medicine is ready and while I'm standing in line to pick it up I get called by the pharmacist to be lectured. She complained that It is Friday, it is nearly 5:00 PM and the doctor's offices are closed and she could not confirm everything on the prescription by a phone call at that time. These prescriptions have been filled repeatedly and a nearby pharmacy Walgreens but the digital age has not come to the computers just to their billboard.

Then I'm handed a bag by another group of people with my prescription and am called to another window to be lectured a little more. She was distraught that The DEA visits there frequently and I should be more careful and I should take these prescriptions to only one pharmacy. I should not be there and they are refusing to fill them. All the while I'm already holding a bag in my hand. They gave me the hard copies of the Prescriptions back and I left. I had barely got my seatbelt fastened and into my car when my son was startled by a pharmacist beating on the driver's side window like a rabid wolf. I screamed; he jumped - we were both startled. She was demanding the prescriptions back. I told her no and that I was offended by the way I was treated inside the store. But that was after screaming, "Get away, get away", as she clearly disturbed me being there at my window.

This is 10 years of treatment for PTSD from domestic violence screwed up in one fell swoop. She demanded the hard copy of the prescription that they had returned because they had actually filled one of the prescription which I didn't even realize. I explained to her that I was extremely offended and felt that I've been treated very uncivilly and with no compassion at all in the store and felt that to be Chased to the car was a little out of line. She was to irritated to listen to anything. I gave her the hard copy and was really glad to leave there. I have never been treated like that anywhere and don't ever want to be treated like that again.

I have written several complaints past, I will not be doing that again! Because I now shop CVS. The service is 100% better, they call me as soon as my scripts are ready, very customer friendly! And to top it all off they give you a bottle of water (no cost). Thank I sold all my stock in Walgreens.

Walgreens Pharmacy Company Profile