Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5
Based on 2,470 ratings submitted in the last year

Walgreens Pharmacy Reviews

Original review: April 24, 2020

The staff at 14950 Clayton Road, St Louis County, MO. We have been using this store for almost 4 years and have various needs. The pharmacy has been excellent at guidance and assistance. ** and ** and ** have assisted And they are the best. This store and its staff have been exceptional. Thank you.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I had my medicine transferred to Walgreens because I'm High Risk and they did it all! My fault I hadn't activated my credit card. They helped my several times. I had brain surgery. I take little time to order. They're awesome! Give em a 10 If I could.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Walgreens creates a pleasant environment. You don’t have to walk across large parking lots and dodge cars and search for spaces before you can get into the store. They have a place that’s laid back where you can pick up your medicine, a few groceries, some toiletries, your developed photos and a birthday card for a family member with relatively no hassle. I just love the convenience and overall feel of the store. Love the smiling workers too. The prices are always fair and competitive and they have a pretty good rewards program for repeat customers. Just a pleasant place to go to get a lot done in one stop.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I was at this Walgreens this morning and in pain from arthritis and a nicely dressed gentleman who was a representative for that Walgreens asked me if he could help me. I said yes if he could find a second one of a item that only had one on the shelf. He went and found the second item for me and brought it to me. I was asked if he do do anything else for me? I then overheard him asking another customer what he could do for that customer. So friendly and helpful. The cashier was also so nice and friendly. Great customer service and care shown. Awesome store employees.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Several weeks ago I called Walgreens to report an issue regarding a Walgreens branded product that didn't perform to expectations. I was referred to the manufacturer. It had been several weeks and I hadn't heard anything from the manufacturer; when I called them to check on the status of my report, they said that refunds needed to come from Walgreens. So, I called Walgreens customer service department again and explained the situation. This time I didn't get the runaround and was pleasantly surprised when the representative promptly and cheerfully "deposited points" into my rewards account, enough points to cover the cost of the branded product that did not meet my expectations.

The reason I've designated the experience as only "4-stars" instead of five is because although the experience speaking to the representative was very pleasant and I am happy to have received points, it's not a "100% satisfied" situation to me because of how the Walgreens rewards program currently works. My understanding is that now when points are built up, you can't use a whole lot of them in one transaction; points seem to work more like coupons now where perhaps the most you can apply to a transaction is maybe only $5.00. If $5.00 is the maximum that can be redeemed in a single transaction, that wouldn't be enough to even cover the replacement cost of the unsatisfactory product in the Walgreens brand, much less to purchase a name brand replacement.

Yes, they've awarded points to cover the cost spent for the unsatisfactory product (and even with extra points beyond -- for which I am grateful!) but it would be better to be able to just get a free replacement product and not have to pay sales tax twice (once on the original unsatisfactory item and again when it's a new sale for the replacement, but with points that work like a coupon). (Tax generally isn't collected on even exchanges.) If all the points received could be redeemed all at once, then that would be a five-star experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: June 22, 2020

Walgreen is a rip-off over false advertisement. June 20, 2020 @ 3:05PM I stop by Walgreens, store #05536 at 2808 Gessner Rd Houston Tx 77080. I purchased two items that were on sale for $13.99, regular price $16.49; I did not notice that I was charged regular price till I got to my destination. I call and request to speak with a store manager, a assistant manager came in the phone and stated that I had to take the merchandise so she could see what I was talking about.

I told her that I would go the next day because I was not able to return the same day; when I went back on June 21st about 7:20PM and she gave me excuses that the sale had just started on the 21st, even though I showed her a picture that the label was there on the 20th when I purchased the merchandise. The manager at the store has no management skills on how to handle a situation that goes wrong, she threatened to call the police on me because I was claiming refund on the over charge. I will never in my life going back to a Walgreens store, and just as I sharing this experience with the world; I also shared it with my family.

Original review: June 13, 2020

The lady who answers the phone at Walgreens might be called RUDE. I won't call her RUDE. It took 8 days for Walgreens to give me the FedEx tracking number for my delivery. The delivery was for prescription medication. In-person customer service at this store is okay. But not delivery or over the phone. Those two are questionable at best.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Walgreens pharmacy store #03514 located at: 9509 Bridgeport way SW. We have received consistent poor service from the pharmacy. Today we stopped to pick up my prescription. The tech named ** helped me at the drive thru.. When she spoke I told her I couldn't hear her, she needed to speak into the opening. She got mad, yelled at me that she was slammed the drawer shut and walked away.. Just over 5 min later the pharmacist comes to the window, he was told I needed to speak to him. I never said that. I asked for her name, told him she had an attitude and I would be filing a complaint. It never fails at this location. They excel at poor customer service!!

Original review: May 26, 2020

Submitted my husband's rx (Stage 4 prostate cancer, brachial plexus injury and spinal metastasis in central spinal canal) for a potent pain medication. Pharmacist refused to fill it because there was a long-lasting pain medication prescription at another pharmacy. This pharmacy is the only one in the area that deals with the more potent med. Pharmacist told him that if he filled the long-lasting pain med he would refuse to fill the other prescription. My husband's doctor is a pain management physician and knows what he is doing.

Why are Walgreens pharmacists allowed to decide what pain medications are filled because they "don't feel comfortable" filling it? Thank goodness we found another pharmacy willing to fill the prescription they refused. Such b.s. in the name of the "opioid crisis!" Look online to see Walgreens' 11 step "National Target Drug Good Faith Dispensing Checklist". It will show you how they assess whether your prescription can be filled. He jumped through all the hoops and they still wouldn't fill the meds.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I shop at the Walgreens in South Burlington, Vermont and as I require many prescriptions for my health it should be very convenient. I've found however that my prescriptions are never filled when they are supposed to be or they fill ones I don't need yet. The staff doesn't seem to communicate with each other and one of the full time assistants is kind and courteous to some customers and quite nasty to others. It's not easy to irritate me but they seem to have a special skill at this location. One day I was forced to wait for almost three hours for antibiotics and steroids because I had pneumonia!

If this were my store I certainly would not want someone that ill waiting for this length of time in my store as it's not a comfortable environment for other shoppers to having someone basically coughing up a lung at the pharmacy. Today's issue is pain meds that three days ago was discussed with the pharmacist and had been delayed because of a holiday (which I understand), he said it would be ready for 10a.m. When I called today to be sure it would be ready for my care person to pick up two hours after they open I was told they had no idea when it would be ready to go because there were lots of people that called ahead of me... Also, don't even get me started on their phone app!???

Walgreens Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team