Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5
Based on 1,183 ratings submitted in the last year

Walgreens Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

My local Walgreens pharmacy has been fantastic during the Covid pandemic. My father is 90 and I care for him. They have done everything from getting our flu shots, to getting a late night Rx filled, to recently arranging for an Rx to be mailed and not picked up. They have been consistently kind and helpful. My thanks to them all.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I'd like to commend and recognize BETTY at Walgreens Pharmacy on S. Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA. She's provides outstanding, personalized service in a fast-paced environment. She's very busy filling prescriptions yet takes time to explain drugs to patients. She's a knowledgeable medical professional and should be given a raise for her hard work!! Today I got a flu shot from her. She was giving shots ON TOP OF filling prescriptions and consulting with patients!! SHE'S ALSO FRIENDLY AND WARM!!

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2020

The staff at 14950 Clayton Road, St Louis County, MO. We have been using this store for almost 4 years and have various needs. The pharmacy has been excellent at guidance and assistance. ** and ** and ** have assisted And they are the best. This store and its staff have been exceptional. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Walgreens creates a pleasant environment. You don’t have to walk across large parking lots and dodge cars and search for spaces before you can get into the store. They have a place that’s laid back where you can pick up your medicine, a few groceries, some toiletries, your developed photos and a birthday card for a family member with relatively no hassle. I just love the convenience and overall feel of the store. Love the smiling workers too. The prices are always fair and competitive and they have a pretty good rewards program for repeat customers. Just a pleasant place to go to get a lot done in one stop.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I was at this Walgreens this morning and in pain from arthritis and a nicely dressed gentleman who was a representative for that Walgreens asked me if he could help me. I said yes if he could find a second one of a item that only had one on the shelf. He went and found the second item for me and brought it to me. I was asked if he do do anything else for me? I then overheard him asking another customer what he could do for that customer. So friendly and helpful. The cashier was also so nice and friendly. Great customer service and care shown. Awesome store employees.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I had a COVID-19 test done through one of Walgreens drive-through locations (Oxnard, CA). After 3 full days, I still have not received my results. The company Walgreens has contracted with - Aegis Labs - is very slow and has poor customer service. When I contacted Aegis at the phone number provided by Walgreens, I got a recorded message instructing me to contact Walgreens. How LAME is that? Do not waste your time getting a COVID test at Walgreens. I previously had a COVID test at CVS and got the results in 48 hours.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Walgreens is the absolute worst!! I stopped going to all Walgreens in 2009 due to perpetual bad service. I live in an area triangulated by 3 Walgreens so I decided to give another chance after all these year...they are even worse now! I filled a script at one of the 3 Walgreens and I just called one of the other 2 and was told that I can only get refill where I originally got it filled. What?? When did Walgreens become segmented stores. If you are too lazy to do work, go somewhere else. But that seems to be the theme at Walgreens' pharmacies, disengaged, rude and lazy employees. I'm going back to CVS permanently!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

How is it possible that Walgreens decided to close their pharmacy Jan. 1. Certainly there are people willing to work, as the store was open! The pharmacists work hard, and I'm grateful for their commitment. This is a travesty of Walgreen's policy. People need medications! Please consider this policy carefully!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I placed an order, they not only did not have the product in the store, 7 days later they still have a "pending" charge on my card. My card company considers that a sale. So basically they are thieves.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Repeatedly the pharmacy in Van Buren, Arkansas has demonstrated below par service. I have spoken to the manager with zero results. Today it took 5 1/2 hours to complete a script for muscle relaxers. That’s 5 hours more than I had to endure pain. CVS would have done the job in 30 minutes where customer service is a plus. On a previous occasion, I waited and waited for my script. The pharmacy tech shut the metal window and told me they were closing and that I could go to another Walgreens (in another town). Friendly was not how I would ever describe the employees. A smile would cost them nothing or a sincere apology. Honestly, robots would do a better job. Unfortunately, my Tricare insurance forces me to go here.

Walgreens Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team