Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5
Based on 2,180 ratings submitted in the last year

Walgreens Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

My local Walgreens pharmacy has been fantastic during the Covid pandemic. My father is 90 and I care for him. They have done everything from getting our flu shots, to getting a late night Rx filled, to recently arranging for an Rx to be mailed and not picked up. They have been consistently kind and helpful. My thanks to them all.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

They always have what I need. I get a text message when my order is ready and get reminders. We live in Western MA in the summer and Central FL in winter. I just tell them I’m leaving for fl and auto my

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I went to pick up a rx from Walgreens because I had run out. I actually had a mail-order of this med on its way but I had been out for a week and needed some that day. They made it happen????

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I'd like to commend and recognize BETTY at Walgreens Pharmacy on S. Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA. She's provides outstanding, personalized service in a fast-paced environment. She's very busy filling prescriptions yet takes time to explain drugs to patients. She's a knowledgeable medical professional and should be given a raise for her hard work!! Today I got a flu shot from her. She was giving shots ON TOP OF filling prescriptions and consulting with patients!! SHE'S ALSO FRIENDLY AND WARM!!

Original review: April 24, 2020

The staff at 14950 Clayton Road, St Louis County, MO. We have been using this store for almost 4 years and have various needs. The pharmacy has been excellent at guidance and assistance. ** and ** and ** have assisted And they are the best. This store and its staff have been exceptional. Thank you.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I placed an online order ** for some allergy eye drops, went by my local Walgreens (N. Cannon Blvd, Kannapolis) to pick them up, when I got back home and opened the box, I noticed the expiration date on the bottle was 09/20, I purchased them 4/8/21. I go back to Walgreens to exchange them only to find out that ALL of them were expired also. 2 trips to Walgreens, no allergy eye drops and miso much as "I'm sorry" from the store manager.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Walgreens required I drive over an hour for a COVID-19 test, which they apparently lost. They have no number to call for results-- they refer you to their customer service partner, whose call center reps and supervisors only insult you when you call-- claiming they are only accountable to their "client"-- and that's not you! It's Walgreens. Over ten days now and no test results-- Walgreens claims 24 hour turnaround time-- their partner says that is not true. Certainly, this test to nowhere shows there's a huge problem with Walgreen's testing. (P.S. Their partner records the calls-- so it should be easy for Walgreens -- the CLIENT-- to follow up and address this problem.) Given COVID-19 mortality in the USA, I sure hope Walgreens takes this seriously.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Local Pharmacy with delays in filling prescriptions have occurred in the past. Now it’s an all time high. When, I ask why they respond it’s due to COVID. When asked pretty much any question they give the COVID response. How such a disaster of a company was given the vaccine to distribute is beyond justification.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I have stage 4 cancer. Walgreens keeps not getting my orders and billing wrong. I spent two hours this morning trying to correct their mistakes. They told me if I create an account it will help. They gave me the Customer Support Phone number 877-250-5823. I called and set on hold 45 minutes and they answered that phone. I told them that the sign in was not working on the online account. They said that I had the wrong department. Now still on hold an hour and 35 minutes.

Called on a second line to the pharmacist at Walgreens Little Elm Texas. He told me that I need to link the accounts but did not know how. So far, no one in the company know how to do what they are asking me to do. I am in 4 hours today and can reach one person that can help me. Too bad that I am forced buy Blue Cross Blue Shield to use Walgreens. I would love to move my business to CVS.

Original review: March 6, 2021

Pharmacy located in Garfield, NJ, Outwater lane. I have stage-4 cancer. I'm in severe pain. My pain management doctor prescribed pain medication on a Thursday, My insurance released the prescription to be filled on Friday, however Walgreens did not have enough pills. Since it is a narcotic, if I get a partial fill with only the pills that they have in stock, I won't be able to get the rest of the pills that will be owed. I also can't pick it up from a different Walgreens without getting a new prescription from my doctor and starting the whole process over again. Now it's Saturday and there is only one person authorized to order more pills. That person won't be in until Monday and it will take 2-3 additional days for them to get the order. So here I am, suffering, all because these people don't have enough pills in stock. Thanks, Walgreens.

Walgreens Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team