Walgreens Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Yesterday I went to get pictures developed and had the WORST SERVICE! NEVER have I felt RUSHED and questioned on developing my pictures! The so called "Shift leader Teresa" needs to go get classes on how to treat paying customers! She question me on the pictures I was developing, wanted me to finish because another customer needed to wire money! She did not allow me to print my pictures at the kiosk I was at and said if I printed them there it would be more. When the machine clearly stated, "00 charge if printed there"! I AM a PAYING CUSTOMER, have always liked going there to print picture but with the bad experience I had with this person DOUBT I will be developing my pictures there AGAIN! As of an hour after HER printing my pictures they are still curved and not flat as they should be!

After waiting 21 minutes in line to drop of 5 prescriptions for my children and self was told 4 was unable to be filled. Deciding against my better judgment I allowed them to fill 1. Was told it would be ready in 30 min. So I left and returned 45 min later it still wasn't ready. Being considerate I decided to leave again because I live very close by returning 35 min before closing. Two customers were ahead of me and as soon as I pulled up the technician stated they were closed. I explained I had been waiting for 35 min and she instantly snapped, "We will open tomorrow morning."

I parked went in asked for a supervisor. After the runaround was told to return the next day. I wasn't having it. I instantly called customer service to complain and that's when I was offered for the prescription to be sent to another Walgreens. I will never return here again. And I will also take the time out of my day to continuously call customer care until this matter is handled properly.

The Walgreens in Danville Illinois at Fairchild is ridiculously slow in providing service. There was insufficient staff. Most of the staff try to be helpful. There are some bad apples but they need to provide better service. My insurance company requires me to use Walgreens and it is disgusting service compared to other pharmacies that I've used. I really will never again take out an insurance policy that requires me to go to Walgreens. I was drive up line for service.

Walgreens Pharmacy. 692 SW Prima Vista Blvd, Port St Lucie, FL 34983. Pharmacy Manager. Years with Walgreens: 20. And she argues with customers but she is not the only one. There is one that real skinny and sometimes she has different colors of hair and she just has a bad attitude. I record any conversation I have with her. She will give you the runaround but then when you start getting other people involved then she starts helping you and get things done. But don't ever ask her why can't you wait for your prescription cause she will give you a ugly look and then smart mouth you. It always happens. Very bad service.

I was in the doctor's office May 4th 2017 and I receive my regular prescriptions that I get every month. I took the prescriptions to my Walgreens Pharmacy 1215 Dunn Avenue. They didn't have the meds that I needed so they told me to go to another Walgreens on the next day which would have been a Saturday because most Walgreens do not fill on the 29th day. They fill on the 30th day so I waited until Saturday I went to the Walgreens on Lem Turner and Dunn. Went in there they said that they could not fill my prescription because they are not my home pharmacy. But my home pharmacy is closed on Saturday so I went to the Walgreens on Soutel. They said that they couldn't fill it because it's some code that's not in there. Both tell me I have to make them my home store which I am standing here with four prescriptions that needed to be filled and they could have filled them and that would have been my home store.

They said starting filling your prescription at this store and that's how you make the change but OK I am here with them and there's nothing wrong with the prescription. It's the same ones every month. They're crazy so I am with no understanding of how to change my home store. No prescriptions. Not one of my meds until Monday and it's wrong. Doesn't make sense because my Walgreens Pharmacy on Dunn told me that I can get it filled at Walgreens on the 30th date but neither one of these Walgreens wanted to fill my prescription. One of my prescriptions is an anxiety pill. I have what you call Prolonged QT syndrome and my doctor will give me this pills to help keep me calm because it's triggered my prolonged stress is number one cause of it going off and everyone for some reason don't want to fill or can't fill and they completely gave me a runaround all day this Saturday.

Tricare made a big mistake when they came back to Walgreens because each one of the pharmacist told me something different. Neither one of the pharmacy was on the same page each other. They have no idea what pharmacy rules are and I really thought that all the rules was the same at every Walgreens Pharmacy. I left with no understand why I couldn't get my meds that I get every month. The same time every month is in the system, is in the registry and I could not get a fill without going back to my main Walgreens. I don't how do I change Walgreens. One my Walgreens is not open on a Saturday. So confusing, so frustrated.

I'm filing this complaint because Walgreens is a joke. If there's an emergency be aware that if your Walgreens is not open 24 hours and it is an emergency you will have trouble filling your prescription because they're going to tell you, "You have to wait until your home Walgreens is open." Consumers be aware of that and if it's any narcotics you cannot get it filled. None of the Walgreens will fill it. None of the Walgreens even though they're looking at your prescriptions and seen that you filling every month. They will not fill them so will be aware and stay up on Walgreens because they're a joke.

Miss CVS. I wish Tricare would go back to CVS because Walgreens is rude they will give you the runaround and they just don't care. Monday I guess I'll see what happens. Like I told Walgreens if anything happens to me between now and Monday I will sue them for not being able to get my meds. I might just looking to a lawyer. Anyway never seen nothing like this, not acceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

On April 23 the Community Walgreen's on 901 S Rancho Dr in Las Vegas filled a prescription for my anxiety medication. The next day I noticed that the bottle wasn't as full as it should have been. The script was for 60 and to my surprise I was short half of my pills. I called and told them what I discovered, I was put on hold so they could "count" what they had. I was told that they were short pills so there was no way they miscounted my script. Then I was told that something must have happened to them between there and my home. My elderly husband picked them up for me and I know for a fact that he didn't mess with my meds. They refused to give me the 30 pills I short and insinuated that one of us did something with them.

I called my insurance company and the woman there was told a whole different story about the pill count they did. I called the district manager and he said he would investigate the matter and call me back. This was last week and so far nothing from him. This is unacceptable. I need my **. I suffer from extreme anxiety and I need all of my pills, not half and then be told too bad so sad. I am suffering because of an error they made, and just won't admit. Shame on you Community Walgreen's. I will resolve this issue before I run out of my meds and end up in the psych ward. I intend to call all the media outlets and my lawyer if needed.

Got out of the Emergency Room tonight. My daughter had been seen for asthma related issues. Turns out she has pneumonia and needed a steroid and an antibiotic. So I rushed to the Walgreens in Knox Indiana and made it 15 minutes before close. When I went to fill them the pharmacist asked if I'd be back tomorrow. Informed her I needed them tonight for my daughter is very sick. She proceeded to tell me to try CVS because they were closing in 15 minutes. Went to CVS and they don't take her insurance. So now it looks like we're headed back to the ER. Will never step foot in another Walgreens!!!

When I got prescription, I immediately realized something was missing out of compound so I took it back and left it so the pharmacist could compare and know he probably left the ** out. Honestly I don't know what was left out but I know this prescription was not right. I have spoke to the manager Cread at Walgreens, corporate office and Humana insurance. Conversations have been documented but no response. I need to take both compounds to have it proven. Compound prescription ** this claim has been going on since Jan. I had to wait until April to get prescription refilled. I had to suffer with flare up because I did not have compound and Walgreens would not acknowledge mistake. I went to my dermatologist and was prescribed ** cream after another flare up before I could get the right compound.

I was hung up on three times in a row. I had to call the store manager in order to get anything done. The pharmacy techs, a female the first two times I called, the third a guy, act like they have no idea what they are doing. They act like they cannot read notes on an account. The pharmacy manager was gone. I had questions regarding my medications and the amount. If they would have apologized and said we are swamped or something of the sort, I would have accepted that and called back later when they weren't so swamped. Maybe I should have done that anyways, however, these 'techs' were so rude, and ridiculous, I know I will never go back to this particular store, and nor will my friends. I spoke to the store manager who seemed to understand what I needed, and she offered to call me back and let me know what was going on. Within five minutes, 5 MINUTES!

I received a callback. Rosa or Rosie, sorry, called me to let me know exactly what I needed to know. Why couldn't the pharmacy techs do that? I have made sure to go to each one of your sites and post this as well. I also don't appreciate being hung up on. Especially no apology after calling back and getting the same person. I am still very upset with the staff at this store. I really hope either y'all get some training going for these people on customer service, or maybe you just wait and see what the board of medicines has to say. I do not know what my order number is as I stated none of the techs would listen to me or help me out. No one apparently could read anything on my account. Please, get some training for your pharmacy people, because just having their certifications isn't enough apparently. You apparently don't have to know how to read to get this certification either. At least not for Walgreens.

I have a legal complaint filed with the state of California against 4 doctors that are guilty of negligence from a high profile, powerful, politically connected hospital and requested my prescription records from Walgreens, to verify my very true claims. I nearly died from these bums, in a horrible case of staggered ** poisoning... They have misused that ''private'' info very badly, and are not to be trusted at all... Absolute Scum. Avoid them completely, take your private business elsewhere. They lie in the dirt with human rot, including corrupted big pharmaceutical companies that will poison your children if allowed to, uncontested. It is only the single largest reason for ER admissions, nearly in the WORLD.

I take a medication that I pay cash for and every single month I go to pick it up it is never ready. I have contacted customer service before and they said they would note that to fill it and again this month it was not ready. I even called to tell them that I would be there the next day to pick it up. This is my last prescription I will fill here!

Walgreens receipt shows quantity of 4, received 1. My online Walgreens account reflects the same thing. I was treated like a crazy old lady wasting their valuable time. Walgreens refuses to give accurate receipt. I know what quantity means and this could possibly advance me a lot faster to the next tier, more costlier phase of my insurance. Walgreens totally unconcerned with my complaint, so this crazy old bat taking my numerous prescriptions back to where I am a respected and valuable customer. I am still evaluating whether to ditch the insurance company too. Store manager completely unconcerned clearly did not want to hear anything I had to say. I will go anywhere but Walgreens from now on.

Walgreens Charles seivers Clinton Tennessee. Pharmacy said my prescription was for 31 days (3 months prescription). So on one month they send me home with a 8 pills instead of 30 day. Charge me full price and then have to go back and refill again. Went to pharmacy to get crutches due to knee surgery. Told they didn't sell them. I went to another place. Next day went to Walgreens and there in pharmacy aisle, they sell crutches. They lie, they cheat you out of money on medication. And are so very rude. I will be changing pharmacies.

I am on a migraine medication. I received my medication from my doctor with 5 refills, each a 5 day supply. I looked at my prescription status today, it said "Waiting for pharmacist review." Wth?? So I called, the pharmacist said, "Well you've been getting this filled often, so I gave a call in to your doctor." I am pissed, I said "That why he gave me refills." I have numerous medical conditions, but this is a joke. I hung up and called my physician's office and left a message for his nurse explaining, my severe migraines lately, which I talked to my doctor about at my last appt, that WHY HE GAVE ME REFILLS.

I have numerous medical conditions, um on medications, as well as numerous inhalers, oxygen etc.... THE PHARMACIST is not my PHYSICIAN, AND I SEEN NO NEED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO HIM. My physician gave me my prescription with refills. If the pharmacist wanted to be a PHYSICIAN, he should have studied to be one, not to dictate someone's need for a medication prescribed by MY PHYSICIAN. I am no longer filling anything at Walgreens pharmacy and warning everyone of their lack of following my physician orders.... Walgreens in Stevens Point, Wisconsin... Stay away. I'm also explaining this situation to my attorney.

I have been going to the Memorial Drive Walgreens for over a year now. It takes forever to be waited on at drive thru. Please hire more employees. I am not going to take much more of the slow service.

So today I went to Walgreens, store #204 in Arizona. The pharmacist on duty was very, very rude. She told me that she's refusing to fill my scripts, which I then asked her for her name so that I could report her. She refused to give me her name. No first name or last given at all. She said she's not giving me her name and then said "figure it out." I proceeded to the front of Walgreens and asked the front clerk what the pharmacist's name is. He said he has no clue. He said he thinks it's Judith.

So I went to my car and called the store from my phone. I asked for the store manager on duty. The person on the phone said that they were the manager on duty. I asked for his name, which he said was Carl. Carl's voice sounded familiar to me so I asked Carl if he was the front cashier that I spoke to about the rude pharmacist. He said yes, he was whom I spoke to. I asked Carl, "you're the store manager of this Walgreens and you don't know the name of the store pharmacist on duty?" I asked Carl for his last name, which he refused to give. This kind of service is so, so wrong on so many different levels. I'm thinking about speaking to an attorney about suing Walgreens about this service.

I been a customer of Walgreens for over 10 yrs until last month that I had to switch to CVS due to a racist pharmacist at my local store. He came with over 10 excuses to not give me my meds and in the top of that when I went to the Walgreens I used before I moved to this city, they called him to ask him why he didn't fill my meds. He blocked me from all the stores causing me travel back to my house and switch all my meds to CVS.

The doctor called in a prescription for me at 1:00 PM. I went to the drive-through at 4:05 PM. One car was in front of me. I got to the window at 4:35. I could not see anybody in the window because it was filthy dirty, I did not hear anything over that loudspeaker, I managed to see there was someone standing there and I said, "If you are talking to me I cannot hear you." She did not say anything. I said, "I am here to pick up a prescription for Carlette **."

The person held up a bag real close to the window and I was able to see the name, so I said yes that is it. She opens the drawer and the prescription is in the drawer, I placed my debit card in the drawer. She then closes the drawer and runs my card through. Then opens the drawer with my receipt. No thank you, no hello welcome to Walgreen... Not a word was said to me!!! I was so frustrated I did not even look at the price. I drove away and looked at the price then I realize maybe she did not run my insurance. I called the store and was on hold for 26 minutes so I hung up very very frustrated. I shall never go again.

The Walgreens in Goodlettsville, TN has some of the rudest people I have ever meet in the pharmacy. Ask to be taken off the auto call, because I am not using this medication now. Was argued with about how this lets you know when meds are needed. I informed them if it's an important prescription I will be watching it. Appears this is one of their sell tactics to automatically call and set up more refills. If it's important I know when it's empty! Just another time when they prefer to fill your prescription at their convenience, not the customer's. How long does it take to put 30 pills in a bottle? Good luck here.

Called in a refill to Walgreens pharmacy on their phone system for a skin treatment cream. The system said that it would be ready the following day after 10:00 am. When I arrived I was told that they had to contact my doctor because I had used a 30 day supply too fast. The clerk said "I don't know how large of an area is affected, but that was a thirty day supply." Found this to be a little bold of a statement to make in a public area full of people waiting for prescriptions. I'm fairly sure she wasn't qualified to judge anyway. I left and they called the doctor they claim and had him issue another prescription for another product.

When my wife picked up the prescription, they told her that they changed the prescription because the insurance wouldn't cover the other cream until 30 days went by. I would have liked to have had the option as a customer to pay for the medicine myself rather than face their control of my health. The current situation is this, I called in the cream again yesterday and again the system said it would be available for pickup today after 10 am. This morning Walgreens called and said that there was a problem with the insurance again. Now it's 1:10 pm and I have no idea what they're doing. Thanks for a place to vent!

Walgreens on Silverlake Rd. Fenton Mi and their newest pharmacist Courtney are horrible. I understand many of us seem to complain due to a scheduled drug we are prescribed by our doctor. First let me say if you feel we are truly addicts who are only complaining because we can't get our "drugs" you could not be further than the truth. Of course there are many who abuse these medications but many of us do not and deserve respect and to be treated with respect, like normal people picking up our prescriptions without judgment and stating that medication out loud which clearly goes against HIPPA laws but Walgreens seems to be exempt.

Yes the DEA tried to crack down stating that narcotic drugs are killing more people than any other drug. However I highly doubt that. Alcohol has always been a number one killer but you can walk in a store and get 151 proof vodka without as much as a look? Unbelievable! A bit of history about myself, I never needed any prescription drugs! I was healthy and took Advil for a headache that's it!! Life happens and diseases creep up and no it's not always cancer that requires pain meds. Many diseases cause terrible and chronic pain and if you're faced with taking a medicine like ** for life or suffering I believe most will choose the medicine.

I have tried EVERY other home remedy out there, yoga, ridiculous things I see online, barbaric surgeries that have made me worse, medications where I lost my hair and gained 30 lbs, I have tried everything! My DOCTOR has been on this journey with me and is ok with prescribing pain medications so that I may have some quality of life.

However, Walgreens has appointed themselves physicians and the judge and jury when it comes to if you will get your pain medication through them. In my case Courtney the pharmacist at my local Walgreens has made it her point to make this an impossibility and has went against all HIPPA laws and common decency. She will not be fired however because every year this pharmacy has a new face. Seven years of coming to Walgreens off and on and I lost count of how many pharmacist they have had. All pharmacist there; no different than the last because Walgreens corporation will defend the unethical decisions and actions of their pharmacies.

Since being highly fined (Look up Walgreens fined by DEA) when the DEA first made ** a scheduled drug some years back, it was never a scheduled drug prior to this new law which has caused many of us in chronic pain to suffer. Every case is different but perhaps if you ask some of us we can share our story of why we are even getting a pain medication. Does anyone honestly believe that given the choice of absolutely no pain or a lifetime of pain meds that most would not choose no pain?

If ever they want to try and find a cure for what causes my pain I will be so very happy but in the meantime pharmacies like Walgreens needs a course on human decency 101 and to be reminded why they even have a job in the first place. Lying about not having a medication, stating insurance does not cover something it has for over five years, stating very loudly "I will not refill your NARCOTIC", being rude, slow, making up rules as they see fit, using their "discretion" to call your doctor and state you should not be on a medication, refusing to refill my prescription and just being an overall jerk have been my past and more recent experiences with Walgreens and other pharmacists.

Something has to be done! Pharmacist are NOT physicians and if they feel want to be, they should have simply went to medical school to be a doctor. I know the politics involved, I came very close to being in the medical field myself but life events stopped this. It's simply an epidemic lately but nobody will be accountable let alone make a change that will allow customers the right to be treated with a minuscule of respect.

I had 13 teeth pulled at the dentist. I went to fill my meds. The pharmacist called the dentist and told them I am on a patch for pain (I am for my back but it's not a narcotic). Thanks to them the dentist canceled my pain medication. Now I am stuck with 13 teeth pulled out and the whole bottom stitched up and nothing for pain. I am now moving all my meds over to a different pharmacy and NEVER using them again!

Very patient and understanding pharmacy staff, always willing to take the time to answer all questions completely. Love the drive through option. Goldenwest and Westminster, so happy that switched to here!

We have found Walgreens Polaris to be great. They have a good pharmacy and are very helpful. We shop there for most of the non prescription meds we use. Plus skin care, shampoos, toothpaste and many other products we use. They have a great rewards program. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Everyone at my pharmacy is pleasant and knowledgeable and very helpful. I especially like the text message alerts when my scripts are due for refill and the one touch refill order app. Walgreens has a convenient 24 hour drive thru and that is important to me as walking is difficult.

I feel that the pharmacist and the pharmacy staff are overworked. They're always courteous and call you by name if they know you. They're always ready and willing to help and make sure that you understand your prescriptions fully.

Great hours, ok wait times, good prices, just fair reward program. Pharmacist have good knowledge. I get a better deal with Express Scripts. I had better choice of locations in NC.

I found that Walgreens is a very customer first Pharmacy. I was in another state & the pharmacist was very helpful in getting transfers for my meds in my home Walgreens Pharmacy. Actually where some pharmacies can take 3 to 4 days. Walgreens was on top of it. My meds were ready the next day. Always very helpful and making sure I understood the whole process. In fact when I got home I transferred all medicine to Walgreens. The Walgreens I go to is open 24 hours. And has a drive up window. I have been referring friends & family to Walgreens.

All employees are knowledgeable and helpful. But the reward points take forever to get and they never let you use full amount when redeeming. It is hard to earn the points.

Best pharmacy I ever went to, very knowledgeable, wait times are average and they explain everything you want to know about the drug. I would recommend this store to anyone.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.
  • Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.
  • Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.
  • Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.
  • Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.
  • Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.
  • Best for people with Medicare and special medication requirements.

Compare Online Pharmacies