1.54/5
Based on 144 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 12, 2018

1468 Walgreens Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 12, 2018

My husband is diabetic and needs take insulin every day. He ran out of his syringes and I went to Walgreens to buy them. The girl who waited on me said it would cost $100 dollars for 100 syringes. I have never spent that much before for his syringes. I ended up going to Walmart where it cost me around 14 dollars for 100 syringes. I told a number of people and they said to call Walgreens back and check since their price sounded wrong. I talked to the pharmacist and he told me it wasn't $100.00 but only $19.00. I almost gave this girl a hundred dollars because my husband needed his insulin. My husband has been very ill and this added so much more stress onto our lives. Be very careful when dealing with Walgreens. I will never go there again after this.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I picked up the prescribed medicine for my child. Without even telling me, the one (Adam) who gave me the meds also gave an old prescribed medicine which the doctor told not to take. As soon as I left the pick up drive thru, I noticed that and I called them to return. They said they can’t accept it. They should refund in such cases. They refused to take it back. Very disappointed for this reason. This is how they make money? By cheating customers? So unsupportive! Or they should ask when they hand over the medicine at least in those cases. If it would have been long, then I should not have asked. I just took the medicine.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I am a bone marrow transplant patient, for ease and convenience usually use Chronoscripts a Walgreens pharmacy. Today was an exception, my doctor at Sylvester Cancer Center in Miami submitted an electronic prescription at 3ish today for an antihistamine and magic mouth rinse to the Walgreens on SW 137 Ave. & 8 ST. Miami Fl. My husband went to pick up the meds at 8 pm, was told prescription was not ready, to go back in an hour - on the side the pharmacist made a comment to the pharmacy technician, said, "An hour was not enough time, we have too much to do, can't you see how much work we have?"

I waited over an hour and called to confirm meds were ready for pick up, calls are answered by a call center, the person told me the meds should have been ready at 7 and proceeded to transfer me to the pharmacy... ** answered, I provided my information and he said they didn't have any messages, I clarified the hospital always submits the prescriptions electronically, he checked & found it... but said it was the same prescription twice for the magic rinse, said they're unable to prepare it because the specifics were not provided. I couldn't believe my ears, I asked for the pharmacy manager, he said the pharmacist's name is **.

I expressed my discontent, not even a courtesy call was made to me, no regard for the client! A few minutes later as I had started to write this review, I received a call from the young men I spoke to, said they found the antihistamine prescription (like magic) and it was ready for pick up. In as much as I know it will help me pass this evening until I see my doctor tomorrow, I WILL NOT be picking up my med, it's now 10:04 pm est - not today, not ever. This is not my first terrible experience at this neighborhood pharmacy but I assure it's the last. Disappointed yet again.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Our family prescriptions have been filled at this Walgreens location (301 and Gibsonton in Riverview, FL) for 12 years. In the last 6 months or so, the overall management of the Pharmacy department has really taken dive downward. I must also mention that part of the problem can be speaking with a customer service rep at a centralized offsite location, even when you call the main number of the Riverview location.

Being told prescriptions are ready, then show up and they are not. Being told that prescription can be ready, then showing up and there are no longer refills. The CSA should know this when we spoke. Then the medicine must be ordered. This is not a good thing when it's seizure medication for my son. Thankfully, we had a backup supply from the doctor. Drive-thrus not working properly. My license and HSA card got stuck in the tube, I had to return to work, so they needed a few hours to get it out. That meant I left without my ID or HSA debit card. Staff not being consistent on having me show ID or not. Staff not processing my Rx under my insurance and automatically applying a discount card. My son's medicine can be $1000. I want to pay the full amount so it goes against my high deductible. Using the discount card cannot be used with insurance. This happened a few months before I caught on.

Turnover in staff has shown that training has not been given to new staff. Short staffed on many occasions. This location sees a lot of traffic all times of day. It is on a major corner of 2 major roads along with a growth in the area last few years. Again, saying they can fill my Rx, then going there to find out they are out (miscommunication between the central contact center and local store staff). Then, they must find the medication at another location and plan to drive across town. could go on and on, but you get the message here. Lacking of staff, leadership, communications. They need to look at their overall interfacing processes between the store, automated systems like text SMS and the customer service staff at a centralized contact center. And overall, their prices are jacked up... So I will be looking and shopping around at other stores.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I came in with my regular monthly script. The pharmacist had the audacity to tell me that the script was inappropriate and although I have been getting it filled regularly for the past year, she would not fill it because I had another medication from a completely different issue filled at the hospital pharmacy after my surgery. I live one block away and prescribed a pain medication so I walk to Walgreens. They prefer I drive under the influence to another pharmacy because Walgreens pharmacist is a moron!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: April 18, 2018

This Walgreens location (I can only speak about this one) is completely unconcerned for their customers! For over a decade they have been pushing their 90 day supply refill on every piece of literature I've gotten from them! But today on one of my few days off they called me and woke me up pushing their 90 day supply with this supposed "courtesy" call. No a SALES call! A genuine courtesy call would have been one to let me know they were no longer going to be open 24 hours! A big thing to someone who doesn't always work a standard shift but not one call, text, email. Nothing!

Or maybe a call that they were substituting my regular medication with something that looked nothing like the usual pills and of course I couldn't call and make sure they were correct so I could take them that night because they were no longer open 24 hours! I called to speak with the manager about this "courtesy" call but was put on hold for 10 minutes more of their "courtesy"! Walgreens needs to learn that a courtesy call should be a courtesy to the customer not to their business! Maybe it's time to find out if another location is better or if it's all of Walgreens that doesn't understand the definition of "courtesy"!

Original review: April 16, 2018

They change generic types so often. Each med has changed the generic brand at least 3 times each since I got Med D. One!! Year ago! The shape and color change. It’s hard to keep up with meds. Since now they are all white. And I’ve felt so bad for past 1-2 months. Thought I may have them confused. I looked in pill identifier and called another drug store! Two of my meds aren’t even the generic for my medicine! Not even for my Health problems. I have felt terrible last few months so looked at pill identifier. Instead of **. Although in ** bottle and is small white pill. With same #. Just has another number on the back. I got ** for high blood pressure and diabetes! I have low blood sugar. No high blood pressure thankfully. I didn’t have a seizure. I. Have had them before when my blood sugar got so low! I’m Just totally like a zombie!

Instead of ** I got generic for **. For sleep! Might’ve been reason for drowsiness WHILE I was driving! And inability to get motivated to do things I need And have to do! I am furious. And the pharmacy was like No big deal!!! Then He called back to say, "Oh I’m sorry for the mistake." Really! This is my life you are playing with! Wish I had the energy to sue these people! I’m sure I’m not the only one they messed up on! Reporting them tomorrow! And going cold turkey??? from these meds! I have written a note to my doctor and if I have a seizure or withdrawals from this mess. Told my husband to show the pills. And sue Walgreens!!! Since they have lots of Med D patients they think get out as cheap. That seniors are too dumb to notice! As they can! More $ for them. I’m checking my husband meds tomorrow. He got 1 refilled yesterday. And it’s a different generic! I will find over the counter meds. At least I know what’s in them!

I had a little bump up. In my car. Maybe I should report this to my insurance. Let Walgreens pay! And I drive my granddaughter from school! This makes me furious! This is our lives they are dealing with. All this talk about patient abuse. It’s Doctor’s and pharmacist! They prescribed these drugs. Now causing people to go to rehab CTR’s. Became they cut meds back. Or things THEY prescribed! Now they in a panic. Even if you have taken the drug exactly! As they prescribed!

Pls. Go to pill identifier online. And see what you are REALLY taking. Wonder how many they kill every year??? Think I’ll have someone clean my house. And do projects I haven’t felt like doing. And send bill to Walgreens. You wouldn’t believe the crazy things I’ve done. I had already cut one back to every third day until thought could stop entirely. Since the refill and new generic was when I started feeling so bad! Don’t trust the drug store!!! This is scary and greedy.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I started into Walgreens - Insurance company hell about 3 weeks ago. I got a Walgreens notification that my seizure medication was due for a refill, so I thought, "Great, let’s do it." I hit the button. I kept getting phone calls that it was ready, so I drove through my pharmacy to get it. The pharmacist said that there was an issue with insurance not wanting to cover the medication, saying I had run out of my seizure medication early. The pharmacist said I would need my doctor to call in a new prescription for the insurance to cover filling it “early.” I asked why I got a refill notice if it was “early.” The pharmacist said she didn’t know. Ok whatever, I thought. I paid out of pocket for an extra 8 day supply of my seizure medication just so I wouldn’t have to deal with this for a week or so, figuring I had counted wrong or done something wrong.

Fast forward. I started getting phone calls that there was an issue with my medication. What the Heck, I thought. So I went back to the pharmacy and asked why I was getting phone calls. The pharmacist said that I had picked up a 30 day supply 8 days ago. I said I had picked up an 8 day supply. She said “ok, I will have it ready in an hour.” Finally, I thought, I get everything back on track. Two days later, I remembered to go back through, and was again informed that I was picking up early (again), and that they’d have to call my insurance company. I said ok, but I wasn’t picking up early, this all started with the app telling me to refill automatically.

Later that day, I was getting agitated by this back and forth. I called again when I started getting robo-called again about a “delay with your prescription.” I was then incorrectly told that I had picked up a 30 day supply two weeks before. I once again told the pharmacist that that was incorrect. I explained. She then said, "Oh your insurance won’t cover your medication at all now, because it’s early." You can see how I’m pulling my hair out at this point. She said that since my file is marked as picked up early, the insurance won’t cover my meds for a month. I explained I never got a 30 day early supply. Over and over and over. Good thing I had extra at home.

I kept trying to work this out but it seems like it’s just getting worse. I have given up. I am transferring my prescription to a different pharmacy first thing on Monday. I know that there are people out there trying to take advantage of pharmacies, and that they have to account for everything. I just feel like for something like this, it was fine. I would strongly advise against using app notifications for Walgreens. It really screwed up my insurance. I’ll be paying out of pocket for a month. Oh well.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I was treated disrespectfully at the drive thru when dropping off my Mother's Rx. She informed me that I could not pick up the pills until Sat because of when they were picked up the previous month. I asked for the Rx back to hold until then because the last time I put them on hold they neglected to tell me that I still had to call them in too. When she handed me back the paper Rx she had written the wrong dob on it & scribbled it out & wrote the correct one. I was also picking up 2 Rx's for which she asked for the address (she had just confirmed that with my ID). I gave her the address & then she asked for it again. At this point I noticed the scribbling on the paper script & also felt that she was incompetent & harassing so I asked for the pharmacist. A girl came to the window & passed herself off as the pharmacist. I told her the other girl was incompetent to which she said "she isn't" & to be nice.

I then asked her for the scripts I was picking up & she proceeded to ask me the Dr. name. Shouldn't they know that. More harassment by wasting my time. I asked this supposed Pharmacist advice regarding ** patches for the pain of shingles which I was going to come in and purchase. She who is not a Pharmacist proceeded to give me medical advice saying they would not help and I shouldn't bother purchasing them. So she lost a sale and ** is recommended for Shingles pain. I will be transferring all of my Mother's Rx to another pharmacy chain. I already personally stopped using Walgreens yrs ago because of poor customer service. Thank you for your attention to this matter. In my opinion the one who passed herself off as a Pharmacist committed a crime. I have been going to this pharmacy for her for yrs & I know who the Pharmacist is & he was there. I saw him walk by as I was driving off.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Regarding the Walgreens at 3204 Williams Drive, Georgetown, Texas Walgreens: I have been shopping and filling prescriptions at this always neatly organized clean Walgreens beginning in November 2016. I have arrived at this Walgreens at all hours and days and without exception been welcomed by whomever is cashiering at the store entrance. Every member of the team whom I've sought help from has stopped what they were doing and assisted me, always with a gracious manner and reflecting knowledge of the store and its inventory. On rare occasion they didn't know the answer they asked a colleague and that colleague was kind and helpful to both their team member and myself!

The crown jewel is the very smart, articulate, calm, kind-spoken Pharmacist SUNEET! What stands out is SUNEET's calm, unflappable demeanor despite surges of seemingly insurmountable volume of humanity at every window seeking his knowledge. All handled in a stellar, gracious, professional manner! The Pharmacy team, each and every one is exceptional in their efficiency and ability to deal with the often observable impatient, rude, inarticulate public! However, I have observed these occasions many times and can testify that the Pharmacy team is ALWAYS nice, patient and a professionally remarkable team!

Original review: March 19, 2018

Walgreens is the worst drug store/pharmacy chain in the country! I have these Avalon Organics Full Value Coupons that I wanted to use and so I went on to the AvalonOrganics.com website to find out where they sell them. It turns out that all three (3) drug store/pharmacy chains sell them, including Walgreens, however, when I called several of their stores, they told me that I could only purchase the Avalon Organics products on their website. I then asked about using my Full Value Coupons on the website and was told that it is not possible! I was extremely angry and upset over the fact that the Avalon Organics are not sold in their Walgreens stores (by Walgreens' personal, stupid, unprofessional choice), but only on their website instead and the fact that they refuse to honor my Full Value Coupons to purchase them from their website.

Since I was so angry and upset, I decided to contact their customer service office and complain to them about it and basically was told the same, damn thing! However, I did ask if they could transfer some of their online Avalon Organics products to one of their local Los Angeles stores in order for me to make the purchase and that was refused as well! I got so sick and tired of dealing with these losers from Walgreens, the worst drug store/pharmacy chain ever that I decided to publish negative reviews about this horrific experience and to never come back again! I am definitely not recommending Walgreens to anyone! RiteAid and CVS do a much better job and do not abuse, nor control their customers like I was by Walgreens back in early March of 2018. Thank you!

Resolution response: March 21, 2018

After 1st review, I went back to Walgreens with intent to "finally" get my Rxs. Talked to head Pharmacist Kathy **. Found out none of this even needed to happen! Robert ** should have called other Walgreens in the area to have my Rx filled immediately instead of holding all 5 of my medications. Robert ** arrogantly accused me (** woman) and the Hispanic woman behind me of "taking too much medicine" showing his bigotry re: **. I showed Pharmacist Kathy the bloodwork and MRI results received 1 week before this interaction with Robert **. Bloodwork truly reflects if medication isn't being taken correctly. Mine was excellent AS USUAL, proving Robert ** making unnecessarily biased accusations!

Pharmacist Kathy has been my pharmacist since store 1st opened... well before my 1st brain surgery in Sept 2015 and second in June 2016. She saw me through all of it, including when dosages raised post-surgeries and the fact that I weaned myself back to pre-surgical medication amounts with my doctor's help. My disorder is Genetic. It's a genetic form of Multiple Sclerosis called "Ataxia". So the ** I take also helps keep my brain from swelling. 3 help with pain and inflammation so I can function. The last helps with the blood pressure that the pain meds raise. Robert ** decision to leave me without medication for days at a time is DANGEROUS!

He seems to think he knows better than my regular doctor and surgeons that I see 4x yearly. I have had "short-counts" before. Now I'm having my pills counted every time before leaving the store. I spoke to Pharmacist Kathy the same way I spoke to him. She didn't feel in any way threatened by my questioning. What makes Pharmacist Robert ** think "he" should NEVER BE QUESTIONED. His lie about store manager holding up release of medications was exposed. His lie re: speaking to my doctor was also exposed. I was speaking to him on phone while my husband was driving us to store. It takes 7 min to get there. Pharmacist Robert ** took 3 min of that 7 min arguing with me about calling my doctor.

Why didn't he want to call my doctor? Another employee inadvertently revealed he'd been in consultation with another patient in the time it took us to arrive. My grandmother was 1 of the 1st licensed ** nurses in California. I grew up helping her care for patients. My daughter is an RN. I know medications must be carefully counted and monitored. I willingly, purposefully do what's necessary for my healthy improvement and safety. Pharmacist Kathy knows all this. So clearly Robert ** doesn't see patients as individuals. He desperately needs Retraining or an entirely different job! Pharmacist Kathy needs a different pharmacist to work with.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have had 2 brain surgeries. I see my doctor monthly, always within 2 days of each previous month's date. Have bloodwork every 3 months. Walgreens shipment of drugs was not available for 1 of my medications. They held up ALL my Rx based on 1 late shipment. Because of late pickup 1st time every month. After that for next 3 months. Later by 2-3 days for ALL my medication. So I'm up to 7 days late for medication pickup. Walgreens didn't "note" their error though Robert readily acknowledged that the late shipment did indeed happen. Pharmacist Robert ** claimed he called doctor. First time "ever" told my doctor wouldn't release to me in over 8 years. So I believe Robert ** boldfaced LIED!!

I am not now nor ever have been At Risk with medications. We put Rx on Tuesday. Told it would be ready Thursday. Thursday told to come back Friday. Friday told to come back Sunday. It's Sunday today. Told to come back Monday. Robert ** told me he could have released on 16th previous month but didn't. Instead they kept "adding" days. I didn't yell or curse or name call. My husband said Robert was having fellow employee call sheriff's department. I simply called 2 times then showed up at store to talk to pharmacist. Why the "run around"? Robert showed me the prepared bags. Will they tell me tomorrow they are not going to release the Rx? It's been done 4 times already this week alone. Releasing my Rx today, then on 15th next month would put my pickup date back on track. My appointment with doctor is on 13th of every month through end of September 2018.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I am writing about Walgreens on Lyon and Florida in Hemet Ca. The pharmacy is making me mad. I have a new prescription called **. In December I tried to get it for the first time and they gave me a partial and said it would be ready the next day. I went back 3 times and I was going out of town for Christmas. I stopped at another Walgreens and tried to get it filled but they said since another store gave me a partial that they couldn't fill it because it was already started and the original store would be paid for it.

After the holidays I forgot all about it. Walgreens never bothered to complete the prescription. I went in February and my Dr wanted me to take it. I went to Walgreens again and they said they were out but gave me 4 pills and said come back tomorrow. I went back 5 more times and each time when I gave them my info, they would say “there is nothing here for you”. I tell them that they gave me partial. Then they look at the computer and then they suddenly can find it. (I think that's weird.) They tell me to come back tomorrow.

I had a stroke a year and a half ago and I am new to using a pharmacy all the time. I cannot drive myself. It is a pain to ask for a ride 5 times. 9 times if you include December. I waited till the middle of the night and called to complain. I explained what was going on to Connie and she said they will order it. I said that's what I am always told. I asked who is the manager and she said Kim. I said, "Please have the manager call me because I am really upset and I want to speak to someone or I will write a complaint and send it to anyone who will read it." I was very clear about it. She said she works from noon till 9. So far all I have received is an automated message saying that my prescription is delayed. Add insult to injury I bought a thermometer on sale and it has a bad battery. My guy was sick and it said his temp was 95.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I went to the pharmacy on Homestead Road in Lehigh Acres, FL to fill my ** prescription. When she asked me if I was in the system I told her that I think I might be but I wasn’t sure because I fill my prescriptions all over according to where I’m working and what’s convenient for me as I’m a commuter. She walked away from me abruptly and came back a couple minutes later. Upon her return, she shouted at me saying I have to fill my ** prescriptions at the same pharmacy location each time then shouted even louder, accusing me of pharmacy shopping.

What’s even worse is that my 12-year-old son was in the car sitting right next to me when she shouted these lies to me. I am a professional career woman with a valid RX and diagnosis. I work very hard and also would never pharmacy shop. Her staff was inconvenienced by my visit and felt it necessary to be extremely rude and shaming to me rather than just deal with me as a customer at an inconvenient time for them. I truly hope that you document this and report this negative, hurtful complaint to the necessary parties.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I love the programs they offer. The staff is so knowledgeable and every time I go there they are so helpful. My only suggestion will be perhaps open some additional hours early in the AM and late in the PM as well as maybe improve the notification system.

Original review: March 13, 2018

861NE 8th ST Homestead, Florida-Walgreens. To whom it may concern: 3 months ago I had a script from my doctor for ** (purple pill) and was given the generic for **, I complained, but said I would try them. The clerk told me for refill just remind clerk or druggist for purple pill **. OK..they do not help my painful GERD and indigestion. Went in to order refill, told clerk I had to have **. She said ok... got refill today, was generic again. They would not give me the **. Said once disbursed, against law to give correct **. I have very painful GERD and indigestion. The druggist told me it had to be their mistake to switch to correct script. Well I told them... my script was not filled correctly. Thank you. Hoping someone can get me the purple pill **.

Original review: March 12, 2018

After years of switching pharmacies. I have now been with them over 5 years. Everyone is always really very informative. Every question I ask they have a answer.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I cannot believe that Walgreens' Pharmacy actually closes up shop during lunchtime so the pharmacist can eat lunch - seriously? When do you think people drive to pick up prescriptions? During lunch. This is a ridiculous policy and I personally just moved my prescriptions to another pharmacy today because of it. Bad move Walgreens.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Almost every time I give Walgreens a prescription to fill it's delayed substantially. Their "reasons" for the delays include: "They need to get approval from the doctor" (the same doctor who wrote the prescription to begin with); they must obtain approval from insurance (even though I've been getting the same prescription from the same doctor through the same pharmacy for years); they can only fill the prescription on the same as the last one was filled (even though it's several days past and I'm out of the particular product). The "funny thing" is, when I call them on their BS, they say the prescription will be ready in an hour. If you want good service on meds you must have, don't use Walgreens. Instead, drive to Mexico, or Canada, or heII, China, the wait will be shorter.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Filled prescription for ** 20 pills for $363.90, was assured this was a very good price and should be similarly priced at other pharmacies in the area, was told no coupon needed. Found online at Walgreens online with coupon for $120.86. Asked the pharmacist after purchases and she said nothing she could do as coupon not presented at time of purchase. I see this as being over charged $243.04. and the same prescription is available for much less other stores.

Original review: March 7, 2018

On 3/6/2018 I was told that I was unable to physically pick up a prescription that was faxed to Walgreens from my local hospital. Due to the fact most of Walgreens computer systems crashed down on 3/6/2018 My husband has bone cancer & we spent the previous night in the hospital with pneumonia. The prescription was for a antibiotic. A very strong one too. Because their system was down we were told we either have to go back to the hospital (which we were there for 10 hours in the ER) or we can buy it outright for 160.00 because Walgreens couldn’t process it through Blue Cross due to THEIR COMPUTER ISSUES! My Husband is even more sick with his pneumonia now.

So basically because Walgreens system failed my husband waited almost 24 hours after leaving the ER to get an antibiotic. We ended up being able to get it from another pharmacy. I’ll never use Walgreens again. I plan on filing complaints to the highest. GOODBYE WALGREENS FOREVER! Provide your employees with training in customer service and proper etiquette towards customers. Also I spent a total of 7 hours of my workday trying to convince Walgreens that we need this prescription. We use Walgreens on a regular basis & you would think they would of offered us at least one pill to get him through until THEY RESOLVED THEIR ISSUE NOT MINE. Even if it wasn’t a work day it was 7 hours of my life I’ll never get back!

Even typing this is a waste of my time. I’m sure WALGREENS COULD CARE LESS! All I can say is I WILL NEVER USE WALGREENS AGAIN. The ** we purchase for bone cancer which is over 20,000 a month without insurance will no longer be purchased at your stores. I wouldn’t even buy a can of poop at Walgreens! This isn't a fake review either so stick your zero tolerance for fake reviews up your system down computers! One more fact I need to mention, we were told we couldn’t pick the prescription up to take to another pharmacy because it was faxed to the pharmacy from the hospital. I plan on telling everyone I know this story. I’m through typing my experience & I need to go attend to my VERY ILL HUSBAND!

Original review: March 7, 2018

Telling me that my doctor was not in my insurance company database. I just filled scripts there on 3rd of February. Lexington SC Southlake Dr and Platt Springs Rd. The biggest bunch of worthless people I have ever seen in one place. Stay away.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I get my 88-year-old mother's scripts and mine at Walgreens, and they're always very helpful -- will answer questions. Have tried other pharmacies and always end up back at Walgreens.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I called in for a refill to an eye drop prescription for glaucoma. It is mandatory that I have the drops daily for the rest of my life. The prescription did need to be authorized, but I was told that the Pharmacy would contact my physician. My appointment with the physician was in three days and the prescription was nearly depleted. I was also advised that if there was a problem, I would be contacted. Two days later - NO prescription; I was NOT contacted. I could have called the physician had I known that they would not do it. When trying to pick up the prescription, the pharmacist said they had not called, but could call the following morning. No, thank you. I picked up the other prescription, but will be moving all my prescriptions.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I am very upset with how I was treated like I did anything with the prescription count. I was given 30 when it is suppose to be 60 tablets. I had never left the store when I needed to take one right away. It was obvious there was not 60 in the bottled and I directly went back to pharmacy window. They did an inventory count and were short more than my 30 and they tell me I have to wait 3 days to talk to mgr who can override it. This inventory shortage is their problem not mine and has nothing to do with me and not placing the amount prescribed and written on bottle is something they did not me. I shouldn't have to count every pill I get and should be able to trust them not to do this.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I have been going to a neighborhood Walgreens for at least a year now. I missed my doctor's appointment so as good as my doctor has been to me he gave me a 7-day supply which really helped since it's a benzo. A week later he wrote me out the regular prescription that he does for 30 days Walgreens filled it and took out 7 days worth wrote 30 days supply on the bottle but when I received it seven were missing when I got home and of course it was a mistake I did not count them in front of them because I didn't want to embarrass the pharmacist.

From now on I will embarrass the pharmacist because I did without a benzo for a full week and they did not give a ** at ALL! Then they told me to bring in both bottles the one that had the seven the one that had the 30 on it. I said what would that prove you wouldn't know you wouldn't understand because they weren't counted in front of you and you think I'm just trying to get a 7-day supply free off of you now I'm having problems of trying to get my benzo prescription filled again, and since my insurance agency wants to fill it on the 26th day they are not having it. They don't want to hear anything. I have complained to Walgreens corporate office twice. I have called the Walgreens local pharmacy that I go to once a month and they don't want to hear anything.

They don't understand that there was two days in January the 30th and the 31st and they want to give it to me on the 27th so even if that's 28 days which it is really 29 they're telling me that it's on time and it's actually early is not early my insurance agency wants to fill it tomorrow which is on the 25th so if you count 25 + 2 2 days out of January 30th and 31st and 25 days in February that comes out the 27. Their mathematics are way the ** off but I'm debating whether or not to go to another chain retail pharmacy and see if I'll have better luck. I doubt it. I just want to put my two cents in to let everybody know you're not the only one suffering. You can die from alcohol or benzo withdrawal. I guess they don't mind having a potential dead person on their hands!?!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

They judge you, like they would pay for prescriptions from them own pocket. I changed them to Shopko, but shoplifting is too far away from where I live. And I got back to Walgreens. I am going have to change again, and find different pharmacy.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I went to Walgreens today to fill my prescription on the 28th day after my last fill, as this makes it easier for when the next month starts, I don't have to go to the pharmacy on THE DAY OF. Due to the fact that my doctor writes the notes on my prescriptions weird, the pharmacist denied filling it because he claimed it was 2 days early. Walgreens is always very weird about filling controlled substances so I just brushed it off and asked for my prescription back so I could go to a different pharmacy that goes by actual dates and insurance approval (which I'm right on schedule with as far as that goes). So, when the pharmacy tech came back with my prescriptions, there was huge green marker written on both of my prescriptions saying to not fill it for 2 more days, which is ABSOLUTELY OUT OF LINE.

I was able to go to another pharmacy and tell them what happened and was able to fill my prescription but they advised I submit a complaint regarding this matter.

The pharmacists are consistently rude, paranoid, and cold about issues like this and I'm sick of it. I'm done shopping there in general because of this, which I know won't make any difference in the grand scheme of things but as a consumer, this is my only recourse. I'm tired of the attitudes given by literally only Walgreens employees and pharmacy staff. It's out of line.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Every month I go to pick up my meds they always have excuses for either not having them or that they haven't called to have them authorized being that I have workman's comp. I know that the pharmacy order all their meds according to the number of clients per month, yet every month I receive my meds later & later.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We bought a bed handrail online, it did not fit. So we brought it back to our local store. They gave us one of those in store credits on a plastic card. I took it back to them to buy Nicorettes but nothing doing. Told me I could not use the card for that. If I would have got the money we paid I could have purchased them but no I went along with the stupid card. I will never go anywhere near a Walgreens again. Money is money. This isn't a bridge card. And this is just wrong.

Walgreens Pharmacy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

• Best for: people with Medicare and special medication requirements.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs