1.26/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1533 Walgreens Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I would like to file a complaint against a tech that dispensed ** after I have told Walgreens several times that I could only get **. I've told them repeatedly that that ** sends me to the ER, I bleed heavy for many days with blood clots and unbearable cramps. The tech told me last night that I was going to get **, yet when I checked my bag she gave me ** even with it being noted in my account that ** makes me sick. I am already having health concerns/issues/lots of pain and the last thing that I need is a tech being careless dispensing medicine that will create additional problems for me. A tech should not be able to decide what is best for me. I know my body and that could be deadly to some people. I would like her to be held accountable and Walgreens in Columbia because this has happened on more than one occasion where they have costs me unnecessary medical bills for having go the doctor because they could not stop my bleeding. It's irresponsible.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Was told by the pharmacist, I had to drop off my prescription inside because they could not process it unless I wanted for the next day. Go inside am told it will be 45 min to an hr, this was at 8:28 pm then told I didn’t have to come inside, not to mention I am already sick and it is not in my best interest to get off my vehicle in this extreme cold weather. Leave, come back an hr and 15 min later and told to wait because they are shorthanded and attending customers inside. Total wait in driveway 10 min then I’m assisted again and told it will be a few more minutes. My prescription is still not ready. Ridiculous wait and very frustrating. Waited over an 1 and 1/2. This is the Walgreens located at 17330 W Grand PKWY S Sugar Land, TX 77478.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Pharmacy in South Holland - This is the slowest pharmacy in the south suburbs!! It always has a line both outside inside. The staff do not seem coherent as to what is going on. The pharmacy hours say they open at 7am staff say 8.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I just tried calling pharmacy. Waited on hold over 15 minutes. Called sister. She said she called too and was on hold over 20 minutes. I don't know how a company can allow this. Whenever I try to get a prescription filled I'm told it will be over an hour. It is 35 miles round trip from my home to there. They make me feel like I have no choice. As a recent customer of CVS they did it right then and there. Also they filled a prescription. Gave me the wrong mg strength. Then I had made the remark about no pharmacy manager. Was told he walked out. Can't say I blame the guy.

It is the worst pharmacy in my life's history. I'm 65. There is no reason for this pharmacy to be this bad. Something is wrong somewhere. CVS RUNS CIRCLES AROUND THEM. SOMEONE REALLY NEEDS TO HELP THIS STORE OUT! I DON'T HAVE THE GAS MONEY TO RUN BACK AND FORTH. NOR TIME TO WAIT. My life isn't going to last much longer so I shouldn't have to wait an hour or longer. I don't even want to give them 1 star but it doesn't give you a choice.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Never process your prescription on time and nobody to speak to. After two weeks waiting they tell me they need a serial number from the doctor and there's no such a thing the doctor doesn't give serial numbers. Always having problems with them was never solved.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

COUNT YOUR MEDICATIONS!!! Today I opened up my sealed prescriptions and there was 30 missing pills from my 60 quantity prescription. I went there to get to the bottom of it and the pharmacist said their inventory is 14 short so they’ve given out too many... So to me this means there is someone stealing medications out of people’s prescriptions. He lied and told me he would explain the situation to my doctor and then told my doctor that there’s no way they were incorrect and now I’m going to end up very sick without my medications. I will be switching pharmacies and I have filed complaints within the company and the licensing board. I will not be made to look like a pill abuser because they messed up. Be mindful and always count your medications using them!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Terrible customer service, charged cash for flu shot stating that my insurance doesn’t cover it. I called my insurance that informed me that they cover it in full and gave me the number that they can call to reimburse me. Went to the pharmacy 3 times to give them a chance to fix it, called 5 times - 3 weeks later no reimbursement - no updates, no info. When went back to ask what was being done to resolve the issue - pharmacist was very rude and unhelpful.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I was just going in to get a few pills for my high blood pressure until I see my doctor to have him call in the prescription, when I got there they said, "Have a seat" and when the lady called my name I went to the counter and it is just the way she said to me very rudely, "I will not do this again." She said, "You need to call your doctor," it was kinda embarrassing 'cause she acts like I come in all the time doing that and she acted like she was giving me some really great drug like a ** or something when it was just a high blood pressure pill. I think that little lady needs to relax and learn to talk to people nicer, she is just a pharmacist! The way she talked to me as if I was a little druggy or something trying to get more pill, like I said it was just very rude of her and we need to send her to a class to learn how to talk to people!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I have been a long time customer at the pharmacy in Wisconsin. I did have some problems, but nothing like now. The entire staff disappeared, which seems fishy. The new people are morons, and the pharmacy is extremely short staffed. There is no consistency. I have been shorted pills, I have had a few extra of others. The pharmacists are extremely rude. It used to be the old ones came over for a consult, now they just wave while they talk on the phone. Big help. Controlled substances are a nightmare - I have been told everything from having to wait to pick them up after I run out to 1-3 days. This makes going away impossible because you are supposed to guess, or leave without medication and go into withdrawal.

The worst is that a pharmacist incorrectly entered a prescription, which would have affected the next refill (he put it for more days than it was, and I would have run out of pills). A technician caught it and told me, otherwise I would have never known. I contacted Walgreens customer service and they said they trust their pharmacists (and I have this in a chat online). That is more scary - they back them screwing up a prescription in black and white and leave it for you to deal with. I still have to get this straightened out. To say I am furious is an understatement, and I wonder if they do this hoping they force more calls so you look like a drug seeker and get cut off. The ironic part is that the manager wouldn't fill my prescription the first time until talking to my doctor "so it would be easier every time." Not really. And she had a script, paid by insurance, and still caused this. I honestly think these hack pharmacists are just mad they couldn't make it in medical school.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

This morning I was purchasing eye drops and tobacco. The clerk asked to scan my identification because of purchasing tobacco. Tobacco is not a controlled substance. I believe requiring, scanning and storing personal information is illegal. If requiring that information is something Walgreens thinks they can dictate to a customer Walgreens will find themselves with fewer customers.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I'm on over 25 maintenance prescriptions, I always have to be on their ** about getting my medication refills. When it's time to refill meds. they say they contacted Doctor and the Dr. hasn't got back with them. So I have to play phone tag between, the Dr. and pharmacy. Until I get them. My prescriptions run a cost of over $30,000 a year. They a very bad at their job.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I have been taking specific pain meds for chronic pain for the last 14 years. I have never tested wrong, had an incorrect pill count, lost them. Had them stolen, etc. I used to use Walgreens for my prescriptions. I stopped when at one point my husband went to pick up my meds. We were recently married and my name was hyphenated. Because my husband was not sure which name I used at the pharmacy and hesitated for about 3 seconds, the employee immediately began to berate my husband as if he were trying to "pull a fast one" or attempt fraud in some way.

My husband is from the south, very soft spoken and very polite, even though this whole situation was very loud and in front of several customers! He came home and I went back up there. By this time the employee had called my doc and insinuated I was trying to get pain meds from more than one pharmacy...or something! I straightened her out and made her call my doc back in front of everyone to admit the mistake she had made. I admit I was loud enough so that everyone would hear me! It was only fair.

I stopped using Walgreens that day. But recently had to leave the wonderful lil mom and pop pharmacy I used for the last 5 years because the feds said they were no longer allowed to dispense **! Back to Walgreens...they would not give me my ** until they receive a full treatment plan from my doc on how he intended to reduce the strength of my meds. She explained this loud enough for others nearby to hear also explaining that this is required because of the controlled meds I am on also so others could hear right over the counter! What happened to confidentiality?

What right does a lousy pharmacist have to know my private health details...other than what is needed to. Cover safety??? Who gave them the authority to get between me and my doc??? Where is HIPAA in all this? Now that all those people know my business??? I was out of my meds as of this morning for the first time in 14 years. They refused to fill a legitimate prescription...and it was late on a Friday night. Sure hope the withdrawals are not going to be life threatening!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I am on ** maintenance therapy program. My doctor wrote for a refill. I did not know that I had to wait until the night before or the day the refill was available for pick up to order it. I had another non scheduled/controlled med that I needed refilled so I requested the ** refill. I had turned in the actual prescription several weeks ago for the refill and didn't know the exact date it was to be filled. Well because I requested the refill a couple times, the pharmacy called my doctor and his nurse to tell them that I was "requesting refills multiple times each day, would not answer my phone and that they suspected I was SELLING my prescription. My nurse called and said I had 24 hours to come in for a count on what medications I had remaining. Now, I have to drive an hour to go see my doctor. Immediately I called the clinic and was able to go and have my med count done. There was absolutely NO medication missing.

I have never been accused of such nonsense. I am beyond grateful to have gotten into the ** program and I would certainly not be selling them, nor misusing them. I had used a different Walgreens Pharmacy next to my clinic, prior to switching to one that is a 25 minute drive away. Never had any issues with the other clinic. My refill date is 3 days from today. I am outraged of these accusations and that they said I didn't answer the phone either. I did receive a call that my other med was ready for pickup, but had no phone calls regarding the **.

I am a stay at home mom. This completely upset me and costed me time and gas money to drive to the clinic. Thankfully my nurse was kind and verified to the pharmacy that there was no issues. On the downside, my medical record will show that the pharmacy was "suspicious ". It is not fair to people trying to better their lives to get accused of these things. THANKS A TON Walgreens. I may just consider going elsewhere if I am going to be treated like this.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Walgreens has a new sign posted that ID is required for tobacco, I'm fine with that but the cashier wants to type in my personal information into their computer system which is against the law by Florida statute 817.568, taking personal and private information without consent is a 2nd degree felony, furthermore the Florida statute that requires to show proof of age [and doesn't require you to give your personal information]. Their sign is false and misleading, this is another fraud, furthermore they told me this is their store policy, WELL I DIDN'T SIGN THAT CONTRACT, AND THIS IS ANOTHER FRAUD!!! We live in a world where they buy and sell information behind our backs and I'm sick and tired of it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Recently moved and visited the nearest Walgreens at 1000 N Roselle in Schaumburg. Asked for a refill that was on file at our previous Walgreens. On Saturday was told they had to call the other pharmacy in order to transfer my prescription. Ok, came back Sunday. Oops, we have to call the other pharmacy. Came back Tuesday, oops we have to call the other pharmacy. Finally got my prescription Thursday. Good thing it wasn’t a deadly mistake as I had a few of my old prescription, but was the type that could have caused seizures if not taken regularly. My husband received 18 of his 180 pulls with no explanation. I had to ask and was then told they would have more in a few days. Each visit required at least a 15 minute wait. Going to change pharmacies.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have been going to this pharmacy for the past 10 years. In the last 3-4 years the head pharmacist (Fatima) has been extremely rude and treating me as if I was a twelve year old. I don’t appreciate being talked to in this degrading manner. Unfortunately I have had many medical issues and the last thing I want is to be treated with this kind of unprofessionalism. It’s as if she hates her job or something else. I have considered changing pharmacies but the rest of the staff and other pharmacist are very friendly and helpful. I thought maybe she just didn’t like me, but I had to send my mother to pick up my prescription and Fatima treated her the same way.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I went for a flu vaccine and the pharmacy gave me a different vaccine from what they said they were going to give me. In the 3 years I have gone to this pharmacy I have found the pharmacy workers to be uninformed, irritatingly repetitive, and altogether not helpful. Now that I am aware that they outright LIE, I will no longer do business with any Walgreens again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My daughter needed 2 shots this morning. I called and was somewhat not properly greeted on the phone by someone that informed me they would be able to administer both shots. I drove my daughter and I to the location at: 7227 S STATE ST. MIDVALE, UT 84047. Upon arriving there, we once again explained what we wanted and needed. We presented multiple forms and signed multiple paperwork. We waited approximately 60 minutes until we were called up to the booth again. They were finally ready for us. When we were about to be billed, the young lady informed me they were not able to administer 1 of the shots (**) that my child needed due to state laws. Your RXs took more than an hour to figure that out?

As a physician myself, I could've taken her anywhere, unfortunately I decided to take her to your location. The process we were trying to get done takes literally less than 4 minutes total from dispensing to administering. The incompetence and negligence of your RX staff at that location will most definitely prevent me from recommending Walgreens now and maybe in the future. What my daughter and I experienced was simply unacceptable and ridiculous. Please do reconsider your patient services as I for one, will not be returning and will not be recommending your locations due to the sheer negligence of your staff. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have been a Walgreens customer for years, picking up my birth control monthly but also buying any spur of the moment items and cold medicine. Today, I attempted to use the restroom while in the store to buy a box of **. I went straight to the pharmacy counter and asked for bathroom access and for him to hold my medicine so I may purchase it. He said NO and that I must go to the front desk and wait in line for the normal cashier to charge my payment and then send someone to the restroom to assist me. I made it to the front of the line, handed the cashier $20 and my one bottle of ** ($6.99) and my Walgreens card, and begged him for the bathroom code before I peed my pants. He tried to leave the register to help me out, but the woman next to him told him that he wasn’t allowed to leave his register to let me into the bathroom. He had to call over the intercom to make someone meet me at the restroom while I tried not to pee my pants.

I am DISGUSTED at this level of customer service. I work in the healthcare industry and I completely understand that drug users attempt to use public restrooms to shoot up. But when you have a reoccurring, paying customer in an emergency situation attempting to use the restroom for one minute to simply urinate and then pay and leave, it is completely ridiculous the way I was handled today.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I went in to get some candy bars that were on sale. But as usual Walgreens is out. So I asked the clerk for a raincheck and she said no! I asked why and she said cause a shipment is coming in later in the week. I explained to her I live 2.5 hours away and she said how many do you want? I said 12... you would have thought. I asked for 200 the way she reacted. She said I can't do it for that many. Talk about a real PEACH! So I called the manager no answer twice I called nothing. People get real if you say it's on sale expect people to come in to buy it and when there is not a limit please be kind.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

First of all I should point out that I have a chronic illness and I am on a lot of medication. I had a great relationship with my Rite Aid pharmacists and techs. Never any issues in several years. Then Walgreens bought them out and shut down my pharmacy. The first thing they did was refuse to refill my chemo shot which I had been on for months. They said it wasn’t approved for SQ administration. Like I said I was on it for months. They kept saying they would contact my Dr but I missed 2 weeks of my chemo. They wouldn’t allow me to transfer it because the pharmacist said it wouldn’t be safe. They finally filled it and nothing had changed.

I also noticed they were weird about filling my **. If I was there picking up another med I wasn’t allowed to pick it up even when it had been 29 days. Some months it had been 30 days but I didn’t want to argue. I know how people with chronic illness are viewed in today’s society so I just let it go. My breaking point was today. It was 30 days yesterday 9/17 but they were out. The tech said it was able to be filled. They just had to order it. Woke up to a voicemail saying they did an audit and since it was filled early once 3 months ago that it couldn’t be filled for 2 more days. It was filled late 2 months after that! They didn’t audit that part. It’s insane. It’s **! I told them to transfer my prescriptions to CVS. CVS filled it with no issues. Same pharmacist that wouldn’t fill the chemo.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Been a customer for about 20 years at the Benvenue Walgreens in Rocky Mountain NC, I understand the weather is going to be bad, but just shutting down with no warning, there are meds people rely on to live, very unfair to the public. I will no longer shop there or any other Walgreens again!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Walgreens on Rock Island and Atlantic in Margate Florida... the worse pharmacy to ever go to. I have been on the same medications for years... No problems No issues... Non Narcotics... I never seen this pharmacist before, and he refused to give me one of my medications, because he said it might make me bleed from being on a blood thinner. Again, same medications for years I haven’t bled yet, and he Didn’t feel comfortable giving it to me wanted to contact my doctor's office, my doctor is out of the office by noon on Fridays so now I have to go the entire weekend without my medication because of his judgemental opinion.

I would think they would have addressed this years ago already, so I asked how long is this pharmacist been here. His name is Randy and he’s been at this location for a while. Well I’ve never seen him and they won’t give me my medication until they speak to my doctor, it is not right or fair for a pharmacist to have control over somebody’s house. This location needs to get their act together, it’s easier to get a controlled substance than it is to get a non-controlled substance how crazy is that.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I dropped off two rx a couple of weeks ago. One they could fill right away, the other I had to wait. They called a few days or week later & I said, "I hadn't been able to make it back that way to pick it up, could you hold it a few more days" & I was told, "Sure. No problem." I go to pick up my rx 9/8/18 & find out it had been put back & they WON'T refill it. She said, "Well it had to be filled within 3 months & it's now expired." I said, "Well as you can see I filled it prior to the explanation & she agreed." I said, "I never told you to put it back, you took that upon yourself."

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Took 8 hours to even process my prescription, and this was after asking me repeatedly if I had ever used a different last name and telling me they had some other account. When I asked how that was even relevant and asked them if there was a different account there for some reason, they said no. Lost my prescription twice, lost my insurance information twice on two different occasions, and are overall extremely unprofessional. Oh, I’m also 37 weeks pregnant and never got my prescription today because of these idiots. A few months ago I literally had to go to a different pharmacy because that pharmacy could actually understand how to type in and process insurance.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

The Walgreens on 2311 Ogden Ave, Aurora, IL 60504 should absolutely be investigated. They are so rude. They do not care about your health, only the money. I feel like something fishy is going on behind the counter and I'm going to have a lawyer dig it up. Walgreens is not where you want to go for prescription medications. They call an elderly woman to come pick up her medicine then deny her right when she gets there. No communication skills. The people are so rude. They act like they hate their lives. You signed up for the job. Help your customers instead of putting them through hell or the hospital.

Investigate this Walgreens and all Walgreens or I will. It would be worth the money. I just recently transferred to Costco pharmacy and it's so much better. They are so much more understanding and better at what they do. They actually care about your condition and don't hold off on giving you your medication. Or go to an individual/independent pharmacy. Doesn't matter they all beat Walgreens/CVS. Trust me. :) Thanks for hearing me out!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Walgreens has to be the WORST PHARMACY EVER! It baffles me that prescriptions I have been taking for many years all of a sudden need PA. Unreal then you tell me what insurance companies do and don’t do. Understand this... I have had the SAME DAMN INSURANCE. The only thing that has changed is the competency level of well informed staffed. Rite Aid closes... and now there’s an issue with every prescription I bring to Walgreens. You filled this exact prescription last month on July 31st without any problems now you tell me August 31st there’s a problem. No. The only problems I see is when they decided which pharmacies to close; they definitely chose the WRONG CHAIN! Ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My local Rite Aid was closing. I was assured that all of my prescriptions would transfer "seamlessly" to Walgreens. I had a 6 month except for my antidepressant medication. I had filled only 3 months at the R-A pharmacy. I went to the W website when my refill was due and my Rx was listed with available refills. I ordered the Rx and the reply stated it wouldn't be ready until 8 pm. At 8:15 I go to pick up my refill and the tech at the window says my Rx is expired. This is not possible because my doc only writes 6 months at a time. My bottle says 1 refill, I then realized that Rite Aid had typed the original date wrong. It said 2017 where it should say 2018.

I tried to explain and was told they do not have access to the RA computer system. WHAT!!! How can this be "seamless" if they don't have access to the original Rx. I went inside because there were 4 cars behind me. I asked the tech how they can help me get my medication because it's a long holiday weekend and I am completely out. I was told there was nothing they could do to help, and I will have to get a new Rx from my doctor. This is unacceptable. They should have been honest with customers and said we would need new prescriptions instead of saying it would all transfer "seamlessly".

The man in front of me was told he couldn't get his medication because they didn't have enough pills to fill it and they don't do partial fills. He had been told it would be ready at 8 pm also, and they did not notify him of a problem either. That is not his problem that they don't have enough stock. I have never seen a pharmacy in my life that wouldn't do a partial until the remainder was available. I am taking my business elsewhere, and I am telling everyone I know to do likewise. Leitchfield, Ky Walgreens does not care about its customer's needs at all.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have PTSD, social and general anxiety. My doctor prescribed **. At first, it was working great. Mind you, I had only been taking one a day, instead of two, because I thought once I was off Medicaid, I wouldn't be able to afford them. I had mistakenly looked up the price for the name brand, instead of the generic, which I currently take. So about a two months ago, I started taking them as prescribed, 1mg twice a day. Last month, I realized that they weren't working. I thought maybe I was building a tolerance. So, against my better judgment, I stopped taking them for a week, and I took them again. Still nothing. So I took a dose from an earlier bottle, and felt it within 30 minutes. I called Walgreen's and they couldn't do anything about it, especially since the label was all but rubbed off, and I couldn't see the date. That was completely understandable.

Cut to this month, and I decided instead of taking any of the previous prescriptions that had accumulated, I would take this months. So I took my usual dose, and I felt nothing. I took my dose the next day, still nothing. SO once again, I waited a week, suffering through several panic attacks and unable to sleep. After the week, I took my dose again. It was as if I had taken baby **. This time, I ordered a 10 pack of ** urinalysis tests, and waited yet another week for them to arrive. Once they did, I took my daily doses for two days, then I took the test. It tested negative for **. I took three separate tests on three separate nights, all while continuing to take this month’s prescription, and they all tested negative, and I couldn't feel any results from them.

However, when I took a dose from the previous prescription I mentioned, It worked within 30 minutes. I slept like a baby that night. The next night, I took another urinalysis, and no surprise at all, I tested positive for **. I contacted my pharmacy again and told them my situation. They gave me the runaround, saying that maybe my tests were defective. So I called Walgreen's customer service line. After being put on hold, the woman told me that the store manager would get back with me within 48 hours. Two days go by and she never called. I called up there, explained my situation yet again and asked why the manager never called me. The woman said that the manager had been out for two days, but that she worked that night, took down my info, and assured me that the manager would return my call. That was Saturday.

Today, I went to Walgreen's to pick up my mom's meds. Afterwards, I asked how I can transfer any future prescriptions to CVS, briefly explaining the situation, and the manager never called me. Instead of trying to help, or apologizing, the pharmacist merely said, "Well, we can't exactly control what our suppliers sell us and guarantee they'll work." This is NOT what you want to hear from a pharmacy, especially when a huge majority of people's lives DEPEND on their medication not working. So now, thanks to Walgreen's and their ineffective medication, my mental progress has declined, and I actually feel worse than I did before I even started taking the medication. They've proven time and time again that they couldn't care less about the ineffectiveness of their medication, or that they are losing two customers.

My mom has been a Walgreens customer for over 10 years. Since I pick her meds up for her and take care of her refills, she wants me to transfer her prescriptions over to CVS as well. If you are taking ** and are unsure if they actually contain the proper ingredients, order a ** urinalysis test kit from Amazon or eBay, and confirm for yourself. All of these medications are regulated by the FDA and it's a damn shame that a huge chain such as Walgreen's basically gave me a statement, saying, "We can't guarantee what we sell you is even going to work. Next customer in line, please."

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription for my son. There was a cost discrepancy. Nobody was in line behind me so I quickly called the Dr. While the Dr. was on the phone, one car pulled up behind me. Pharmacist, SAMA, said I needed to move forward. I held up a finger and whispered I was speaking with Dr. Her immediate response, “I’M CALLING THE COPS!” All the sudden there is an unidentified man at the window threatening to call the cops, picks up his cell phone, told me to leave, and no, I could not purchase my son's medication. I was so shaken up, I called the police myself.

Walgreens Pharmacy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

• Best for: people with Medicare and special medication requirements.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs