1.43/5

1647 Walgreens Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

There are a lot of advantages to using the Walgreens Pharmacy. These advantages include in-store and drive-through service at most locations, 24-hour service at many locations, as well as reasonable wait time and knowledgeable pharmacists. They also have an easy to use phone system for re-ordering prescriptions as well as an option for auto filling prescriptions you need regularly. They do have one issue I find frustrating when encountered. The first is when they run out of my medication I use monthly. They know I need it every month and yet don’t have it when time to reorder.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I rely on Walgreens Pharmacy, in particular, because of its convenient location; they offer home delivery from the (physical) store/through the mail; in the twelve years (approximately) that I have patronized Walgreens there have been maybe 3 errors regarding my prescriptions, very efficient -- the pharmacy personnel are friendly, and really seem to care... Switched from Walmart Pharmacy years (12) ago; the personnel there were uncaring, and even dismissive at times, even when *they* were the cause of a mistake; the lines would be extremely long and the personnel would work at a snail's pace -- although not perfect either, Walgreens has been a refreshing alternative...

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Walgreens is like the little girl: when it's good, it's very good, when it's bad it's horrid. Usually, my prescriptions are ready on time and vaccinations are easy. But there are times when the pharmacy line is way too long or the clerks help drive-thru patients before in-store patients who have been waiting longer. Also, while most pharmacy clerks are helpful, sometimes you get a temp or intern who doesn't care.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I was with CVS for 3 years and kept switching pharmacies hoping that the next would be better than the last. They weren’t. I kept debating about whether to switch to Walgreens and finally did. I’ve been with Walgreens for about a year and a half now. They are Sooo much better than any of the CVS pharmacies I was with. Mine actually has a drive through pick up which makes it extra nice. The pharmacy is consistent with my meds, never had an error in the entire time I’ve been with them, and they are quick with the Dr approvals. I should have switched to Walgreens years ago!

Original review: March 10, 2019

Pharmacist on duty at that time was inconsiderate and unprofessional. Repeat of attitude from month before. We are going on a trip, needed to have sleeping pill order filled early. First answer was they did not have enough to fill order. Second answer was my request was too early. Seems to delight in giving customers a hard time. My script bottle indicated I had it filled 2/6/19, but apparently I am at fault for February only having 28 days. I don't know how Walgreens compensates for months that have 31 days. Normal service from pharmacists at this location are very good to excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: May 17, 2019

Walgreens final complaint. Initial call to Walgreens was at 10:18 PM to refill ** (90 day supply). I was on hold for 2 hours 14 minutes. Second call at 1:24 AM, spoke to Gina, explained the situation and that I still needed to reach the pharmacy. She said she would put me on hold and page the pharmacist to pickup. He did in < 2 minutes. The pharmacist on duty refused to give me his name. I asked 3 times. I then asked if he was refusing to give me his name and he said to me (2-3 times), “You can call me Doctor.” I told the Doctor how long I was on hold and he angrily told me he didn’t put anyone on hold. “I was at the register all night dealing with customers.”

Personally, I was afraid of pursuing the matter, lest he refuse me my prescription. After taking the prescription information, the Doctor went on to berate me about getting the Walgreens app. “You need to get the app.” He said I should get a smart phone. I told him I have one and his response was, “Any blind person can use a smart phone.” During the whole interaction this Doctor was extremely rude and antagonistic towards me.

Walgreens, you are the same corporate pharmacy, along with a PCP that screwed up my insulin prescriptions, in 2014-2015. The result was a trip to urgent care and then the ER, suffering a mini stroke (TIA) and blood sugars over 500. My memory and cognitive abilities suffered during that time and I believe I still struggle because of the TIA. But, I believe the culprit was this same “Mr. DOCTOR”, located at a different Walgreens. I would go to the pharmacist explaining I kept running out of insulin. He insisted nothing had changed in my prescription over time and I, the patient, was doing something wrong. “No, Walgreens and the PCP were not on the same page.” That pharmacist was usually distressed, angry and rude to me and others.

My third call was at 1:31 AM to speak with a store manager to make a complaint. Again, Gina responded and said she was the manager for the night. She was very polite, caring and represented Walgreens professionally. She gave me the pharmacist first name, Curtis. Gina agreed to speak with him and leave a message for the day manager to call me. Curtis, on the other hand, a Walgreens professional, showed nothing but insolence and disrespect towards me from the first word out of his mouth tonight. Walgreens, please understand: “NO one deserves to be treated this way, especially the sick and handicapped!”

Original review: May 15, 2019

I joined Walgreen Pharmacy (680 + Landess, 2105 Morrill Ave. 95132) for 1 year. Most recent 3 medicines, they don’t have (vender not supply). When Walgreen finally got it, they said my insurance is not cover it. Then took me several days to talk to the insurance mgr. The mgr said, with ** is not cover, none ** is. So 3 months wasted still don't have medicine for my cough. I'm very upset. This Walgreen has very little storage. The pharmacists are busy all the time. They do not tell us which of the two medicine they have and which one is covered by insurance. So I need to run between my doctor, several Walgreen, and other Pharmacies. I give this Walgreen ONE Star.

Original review: May 14, 2019

You cannot get the concept that my insurance co. does not choose my medications my doctor does. Just because my insurance co. does not cover it doesn’t mean I can’t pay cash. After telling them when I place order I will pay cash. Always shortage of physician prescribed meds. I have had to go back every few days just to get enough meds. 5 days worth, then back for ten days worth, then back for five days worth, finally getting angry and miraculously they have enough. They can’t read coupons you bring and tell you the RX does not apply to you because I am on Medicare but the terms and conditions do include Medicare coverage which is written on coupon. They are frustrating and I am moving my prescriptions elsewhere.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Today I have called Walgreens for ANOTHER controlled substance mess up. This pharmacy has messed up 3 scripts for **, (wrong MG) they have messed up 2 of my husbands diabetic meds where they did not give him the proper amount of pills that should be in the bottle and 1 of my mom's blood pressure meds (wrong script period) all in less than a year. They will argue with you until you force them to pull the paper script then they fix it.. THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN WITH MEDS and really that many in less than a year for my family alone... and then argue with you when they have a history of this. This is people's health they are dealing with. How do we get this fixed?

Original review: May 11, 2019

I had my physician send a new Rx to my preferred Walgreens pharmacy, I have used their services for more than a year without issue prior to this occurrence. The Rx was not in stock and was needed to be ordered. I was informed on Wednesday that the Rx would be processed for ordering, I explained that I would pay cash price for the Rx.

I called the pharmacy on Thursday to check the status and was informed at that time that the Rx had not been ordered because the pharmacist had not yet cleared it. I was promised that an “additional” order would be placed for the Rx to prevent any further delay in getting the Rx in a timely manner. On Friday, I went into the pharmacy after being placed on a non ending hold by phone. I was informed that the Rx would be $200+ and I made it very clear that I was going to pay full price, no insurance. Then the pharmacy tech and pharmacist proceed to tell me that the Rx is out of stock and ask would I like them to order it.

AN ORDER WAS NEVER PLACED PRIOR! I have hypothyroidism and certain formulations of my Rx require frequent adjustment and generic Rx do not work for my condition. To find out that a medically necessary prescription is being delayed on behalf of the negligence of the staff is extremely disappointing. For this reason I am filing a complaint. All I asked for was sufficient communication and in return I was lied to and now have to find another pharmacy with more competent staff.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Walgreens' pharmacists kept telling me my prescriptions had been denied by my doctor which was a categorical lie. In addition, they kept trying to change my prescriptions, in particular, the dosages. It happened once, and I gave them a break. Then, it kept happening, so I transferred all my prescriptions elsewhere. Problem solved. There are big problems with this company.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I was going out of town for a month so I asked my doctor to fill my prescriptions ahead of time so I wouldn't run out on my trip. He did, Walgreens got them, but one was going to renew before I left, so the person I spoke to told me to just wait until then to get it. I did. When I stopped at the Pharmacy on Saturday, they said give them a minute, so I cooled my heels at Target, went back 30 minutes later, and was told that I could get my prescription until next Wednesday.

When I explained what had happened, the pharmacy said, "I'll have to document your trip and it wasn't me who told you that." I said, it was your representative....way to go Sara ** in Omaha! What a non-professional. I felt like I was some kind of a criminal, instead of a taxpayer who has been shopping there for 20 years. Way to represent your team too!! NOT!! Very rude! I'll be taking my business elsewhere, where the attitude is customer focus and they understand the inconvenience of poor information on the consumer. My time is valuable.

Original review: May 6, 2019

My Dr sent over my prescription on Fri. And I got a text saying it was on hold. I checked my status online and it said they didn’t have my insurance info so I thought it was a weekend thing and wouldn’t be able to get my script done till Monday. When I checked on Monday my status was the same, so I called and asked them about my insurance because they should have it on file. The person was cold and rude and said I had to wait till after 6 pm to get my prescription because they weren’t my preferred pharmacy on my insurance.

I asked her why no one let me know the prescription is available after 6 pm? It doesn’t make sense if a company has all these tools to make things easier they don’t have one that says, ‘pick up is after 6 pm’ instead of ‘your prescription is on hold’. I could have picked it up on Friday after 6 pm instead of Monday when I was feeling completely sick by then. It is as if they have forgotten they are supposed to be helping sick people and their compassion has been burned out. They shouldn’t be in this business. This is how calloused they have become and are unable to empathize anymore...

Original review: May 5, 2019

I dropped off a written RX script at Walgreens. When I ordered a refill online I was told I did not have any refills & they would have to call my Dr. I then asked if they kept written scripts. They said yes they did. Since it was only a few weeks since I brought the script in, I asked for them to find it so I could have my MEDS since this was a weekend & it would be several days for my Dr to respond. I was curtly told they DID NOT HAVE A SCRIPT. Then what happened to it!! The person I spoke with was extremely rude. I will be calling my Dr & having my RX’s sent to another pharmacy.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Enough is enough! I placed an online order on April 1, 2019 and only half of my order has been fulfilled. Multiple calls to customer service later, and I only keep getting the same generic answer that the distribution center is experiencing delays. You are a public company and have certain responsibilities to your customers and shareholders. I smell a class action lawsuit coming your way if you don't provide sufficient communication soon and work to resolve all these issues!

Check out the most recent reviews here documenting the same issue, as well as comments on their Facebook page and tweets to their social care team on Twitter (@WAGSocialCare). They inexcusably have not empowered their social care team to be helpful, nor their customer service agents. No updates, no order fulfillments, no apologies. And yet Walgreens thinks it can somehow successfully implement the Narvar Concierge online package pickup and return platform at its stores though it can't manage its own business to consumer delivery model? Think again – Narvar, you should run away while you can.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I’m out of 10 of my medications for days now due to Walgreens refusing to switch my medications to Publix. The past 15 years I have been out of medicine constantly sometimes more than a month because I believe in loyalty. Enough is enough and I had my profile sent to Publix Pharmacy but they sent 5 medications instead of the 16 I take. I didn’t have a refill so the doctor has to do that. But 10 medications that are due for me to take 4 days ago and I’m out of, they refuse to send. I’m getting the Walgreens messages to refill the medicine. I don’t want to use them and they cannot make anyone stay a customer by refusing to send your profile. This Walgreens in Douglasville, Ga on highway 5 is ridiculous and should be closed down immediately. They have constant complaints and people are always leaving the store in a rage. They make it hard by holding important medications that are needed to make you stay with them.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have purchased several supplements from Walgreens for a few years (ever since they absorbed Drugstore.com). Most orders had been coming in 1-2 days. However, this most recent order (April 21st) has gone nowhere. I called Customer Service and when I finally got through, the phone line went dead. It's annoying enough to call most customer service numbers, so the dead line makes it worse. In reading other reviews, I see folks have had little success in canceling "pending" orders. I guess I'll let this play out and that will be the end of Walgreens and me!

Original review: April 29, 2019

Unfortunately, this is my last hurrah with Walgreens. The online orders have been broken since March 27, 2019 (per a customer service supervisor). I placed my order April 13, 2019, and have only received 1/2 of the order. The ETA is sometime between now and infinity for the rest of the order. No one cares there. Spoke with Corporate Consumer Complaints and got the same story... "It's out of our control and we're working as fast as we can but have no idea when it will be fixed or when you'll get the remainder of your order." Apparently, management doesn't have the right people involved to implement a new warehouse fulfillment system and they don't have the right people to fix it either. The "kiss off" attitude with everyone I have spoken to tells me they would rather I go to CVS or Amazon or someplace else. So, I'm transferring my prescriptions and will never step foot in another Walgreens again.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Went to the doctor on a Sunday and they sent the prescription to Walgreens at Henderson in Fort Worth. They called me to tell me the prescription was ready but they were closing then. I said, "I could be there in five minutes, please stay open. I have to have the prescription." NO they said and closed. I got there the next day then they told me it would be a 15 minute wait after they told me it was ready the day before. Complete lack of customer service. CVS from now on!

Original review: April 27, 2019

I was told by several people that worms are in the product. I was told to use the product after foot surgery. I am so scared that there were worms in there. That is nasty. I threw away the full container. I am freaked out. I used one thing of the product then bought a second. Now I remember that people said any saline wound wash might have worms. That is disgusting. This product should be removed from shelves. It says Walgreens “so we’re all green”. What? Worms? Ahh. Saline wash “so we’re all green”. This is bad product. Should not be allowed by FDA.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Walgreens.com has turned into a joke of an online retailer (this review does not reflect on the local Duane Reade stores, which are run efficiently as always). For the entire month of April they've had unprecedented delays in order fulfillment and shipping. A customer service rep actually told me that he himself ordered something April 5 and it was delivered April 16. My order of April 15 was still "in progress" as of April 23, at which point I cancelled it (and went to Walmart.com, which delivered my items in exactly 2 days). It took two phone calls and 3 emails to track down what the heck is going on with their distribution. And after cancelling my order, I received confirmation one day later without a word or hint of an apology.

Apparently, the moronic execs at Walgreens.com think it's perfectly natural to wait for over 2 weeks to receive the items you ordered and paid for. Does anyone remember Drugstore.com? They were my favorite, I would always receive my order within two days. Walgreens bought them out (I have no idea why and how) and now it's faster to get your items delivered from China!

Original review: April 26, 2019

Walgreens is upgrading all of their online warehouse systems and is not telling anyone until after you place an order and then they tell you there will be delays in big orange letters after they take your order and money. No mention of this until after the order is placed. Really rotten customer service. They are so greedy they will take your money and then make you wait until they have upgraded their systems to even begin to ship out your orders. This is not customer service. It is sleazy corporate behavior! I then wasted 20 minutes cancelling my order and now will go to Walmart to purchase the same products.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Ordered 6 bottles of a shampoo and conditioner. I cannot find in the stores, the order claims it would be shipped in 1-2 business days and then after the order was made an email confirming it and claiming there were shipping delays. Nine days later they still do not know where it is and how soon it will be processed to go out. In this day and age there really isn't an excuse as to why they are so behind or lagging so much. I will NOT order anything through them again. This has been disappointing, such a big company cannot have their stuff together enough to actually ship orders they love getting money for.

Original review: April 24, 2019

"This email confirms your order. We'll send you a follow-up email when it ships, including pick up instructions. Please note, we're experiencing temporary delays in order processing that may affect your estimated delivery date. We'll keep you up-to-date on our progress and send you an email as soon as your order ships." Copy of my email yesterday right after ordering an OTC med, (**) which works great with my GI issues! 2 day shipping with free pick up at store - ok I can wait that long, but no longer that!!!

Now, why couldnt they just state this before placing an order, something like, "Please be aware we are having delays in order processing, if you want overnight or 2 day shipping, it may not happen." At this point it will take x days for the item to arrive! Only bought it online for my Southwest Points being triple at Walgreens, Thanks Walgreen's. I won't make that mistake again! A very unsatisfied customer whose Dr recommended this med, and to start is asap! (Can't find a pharmacy near me who carries it).

Original review: April 24, 2019

Nothing but problems with Walgreens mail order pharmacy since I enrolled 1 year ago. They tell me that they only carry one manufacturer of ** that causes me extreme dry and painful mouth, and there are maybe 12 manufacturers of the drug. Is the management at Walgreens so profit driven that they won't carry multiple manufacturers? They are also extremely slow at refilling prescriptions so that I have to ration what I have left to stretch out the looong refill process. Horrible! They tell me to contact my doctor for refills. Isn't that what the employees at Walgreens are paid to do? I'm dropping them as my pharmacy.

Original review: April 24, 2019

On April 23, 2019 I went to Walgreens on Franz Road. I used the drive through and had to wait thirty minutes or more to get to the line. I gave my discount card for one medication and was charged the full amount. I just had surgery and was in pain, but they insisted that I go to the back of the line. I refused since I had waited so long. They called the police. I am not sure if they were going to arrest me or tow my car. It would be harmful to me to have to wait an hour or more since they had such a poor management plan. This location refused to accept my points and always says to use them next time. The culture at this store is poor at best.

My bank card would not go through even though I have excellent credit and pay my total bill each month. I called Bank of America and they said it was declined because the card was run incorrectly by Walgreens and the company has a high rate of FRAUD. I suggest that you never go there unless you want to be treated rudely, overcharged, put your credit at risk and have hours to waste in line. Pitiful. The manager, Tiffany ** thinks this is good business practice. Bukola ** is rude and should be FIRED!

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have taken the same medication 3 times a day for about 8 years. Went to pick up refill AFTER I got a text that it was ready and told "not ready, out of stock. Come back in 3 days." Went back after 3 days. "Out of stock, delivery expected on Monday" (this was Friday). Called on Monday, "out of stock, delivery did not come in, cannot refill until ON OR ABOUT JUNE 5 (it is April 21)". I was given some song and dance about not being able to transfer prescription to another pharmacy because it had been "stamped by Walgreens." I have no idea what that means, BUT my late husband was a Pharmacist. After being reminded that prescriptions are "stamped" AFTER they are filled, not before, suggested that I call other pharmacies.

Called CVS and was advised that manufacturer is a month behind in producing this particular prescription. Called my Physician, he ordered a substitute. I WAS OUT OF MY PRESCRIPTION FOR A WEEK WHILE WALGREENS PLAYED THE "IN STOCK IN A FEW DAYS" GAME. CVS knew the status. Walgreens neither knew nor cared. Their casual attitude is going to harm someone.

Original review: April 22, 2019

First of all they hold your refill longer than they should. Always come up with a new lie to tell. Manager can’t even manage his own pharmacist. The one I have issues with is Dave. I don’t understand how a doctor calls in an order and he puts it on hold. I told my doctor about this and he called Walgreens and they lied again saying I never showed up to pick them up so stay away from this location. Dave thinks it is funny to play with people’s medication. Hopefully this will catch up to him. I truly hope he loses his job. This location has been turned in to the board of pharmacy and to add to the fact wish there was a 0 star for this location. Absolutely the laziest people I have ever seen. Hope you make changes to keep your customers. You probably already lost over 100 the past few months so good luck with that again. Stay away. They are worthless.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I placed an order online 10 days ago and still haven’t received my points or products. There wasn’t a warning of delay until I paid for the products. Walgreens gave me a refund, but I saw my order still was open. I called customer service to close my order, since I did receive an refund. The customer service representative said my card will be charged once the order has shipped (It couldn’t be closed apparently).

1. I don’t understand why would Walgreens let orders pour in, if they were having a huge delay.
2. The rep said the items would be shipped out expedited, but I had two day shipping already. (It’s been 10 whole days; might as well save the company’s money)
3. My items could be out of stock for all I know by now.
4. Walgreens taking and putting money in my account when they want is not okay!

5. They have lost a customer.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I am done with Walgreens. 3 simple reasons:

#1. The line is insane at the Pharmacy. Today there was customers in line two ahead of me. There was some paperwork they were filling out with the Pharmacy Technician. After 20 minutes I BEGGED for them to find someone to help me. This is a regular thing at Walgreens...You wait in line forever.

#2. The store itself is also incredibly slow. There is always a line and usually one cashier. It seems that the other cashiers are working on the floor. It is so understaffed, but it's been this way for YEARS. They are cheap when it comes to paying people minimum wage.

#3. I got a prescription for a medicine that was $150 with insurance. Same med cost $11 at Costco without INSURANCE! Yep. Prices for meds are very different at different pharmacies. Many people dont know this.

Walgreens is a huge company, makes a lot of money, but the bottom people make minimum wage and they are so understaffed. I am DONE DONE DONE.

Walgreens Pharmacy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

• Best for: people with Medicare and special medication requirements.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs