Walgreens Pharmacy

Compare Online Pharmacies

Research top Online Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Walgreens makes customer pay for cashier incompetence. I made the mistake of purchasing a 3pk of $10 Amazon gift cards from Walgreens (I usually buy them from CVS) for a graduation gift in June. The grad recently told me that when she tried redeeming the cards in Dec., she was told that the cards never got loaded from the cashier. I never thought to think of keeping the receipt after a few months because this has never happened in the approx 200 times I have purchased gift cards in the past.

Simple mistake, but this mistake now cost me $30 that went right into Walgreens pocket because they refuse to now load the $ on the cards that the grad returned to me. I was told that they toss their records after 90 days and that THERE IS NO RECORD OF THEIR PURCHASES AFTER THAT. I totally call BS on this. I was able to provide them the exact date of the purchase as well as the statement from my bank that showed the charge but this still wasn't enough. So now Walgreens has $30 of my hard-earned money with me having nothing to show for it. Bottom line: I should have went to CVS. Thanks for nothing Walgreens, I will be sure never to make such a mistake of shopping in your store again.

I went on the 2.4.17 to Walgreens on Del Prado and Hancock Bridge park way. As I gave my prescription to this one woman... She has dark hair pushed back, on the heavy side. I don't know her name. About early 30th or under. She looked at the prescription then told me she will not fill out this prescription, I wondered why and ask her. I know the insurance will pay for it. I am on Medicare, Medicaid and Humana, been with Walgreens for some years and always have the same prescription. For 7 years, and she tells me she will not fill this prescription, again I ask her why not, she mentioned something about the **.

I told her yes, every little plastic bottle I have has the same name on it. ** a substitute for **. And I have more than 40 bottles saved... She blabbered more about something. I could not understand her. She would not fill that prescription. By now I got mad. And told her what I thought. She is crazy and never never work in any pharmacy again. She can kill a person. While she tells them she will not fill that prescription. I told her she is not a doctor that she has the right to tell the customer that she will not fill that prescription. That woman is nuts, and should be fired at once. And never work at any pharmacy again. I never never heard of anything like this before. At any pharmacy.

If she does not get fired. She will cause lawsuits against Walgreens, and the customer is right, Walgreens the loser. Having to pay out millions of dollars. While one worker for Walgreens pharmacy decided, she will not fill that prescription.. I left and went to the Walgreens pharmacy 1606 Del Prado and in less than 20 minutes had my prescription filled. That woman is a danger to the customers who need their prescription badly, and she refused to fill a prescription. If that woman does not get fired at once, I will write this complaint all over facebook and more. No idiot like this should work at any pharmacy. She is a danger..

I've always for the most part, have used The closest Walgreens to wherever I live as my pharmacy. I have never had an issue until this past year and I need help! I've been using the Walgreens in Deptford NJ off of Cooper and Delsea Drive for many years. A new Pharmacy Manager was hired and now, she's caused major issues. A few months ago, I call as usual to see if my blood pressure medication was ready for pickup, she answered the phone. I know it was her because she has a very heavy accent. She was very rude and abrasive on the phone, I tried to stop her and get a word in. When I did that she hung up in my ear. Needless to say every single time I've gone into the store, drive through or call she was very nasty and abrasive with me. I spoke to the Store manager & I also called Walgreens Corporate Offices and filed a complaint.

Now the nightmare begins!! I had foot surgery December of last year. The day before my surgery I was in a minor fender bender with another car. My son who is disable was in the car with me. I go to the emergency room to have myself and my son looked at. They did X-rays on us both. The ER doctor was shocked at my X-ray. He showed them to me & discovers I have 4 discs in be spine that are almost completely deteriorated. I took the paperwork to my primary physician, where they determined I had a bone disease. He referred me to pain management. Long story short, she began to get worse. My pain management dr put me on medication and when I take my script in if she's working she will say they are out of stock or don't have what The Doctors (not me) prescribed!! I reported her once again to her manager.

Long story short she called my primary Physician who has been my doc for more than 6 years. She told him I would get my medication early at times. If it's too early, why would they refill my medication? She tried to paint me as overly taking my medication (retaliation for me reporting her). I cannot write a prescription nor can I fill or refill it. My urine is checked every single month by pain management. I am not a drinker nor do I or have I ever used street drugs. If it's too soon, why give it to me & if I'm prescribed too much medication (in her opinion) the doctors have me these medications. I do not own a prescription pad. Needless to say, my doctor of 6 years dropped me as a patient as of yesterday.

I went into Walgreens and obtained a printout of my medications and the times and dates THEY refill them. She is causing a nightmare in my life. Now it's becoming her personal vendetta against me. I need help because now this situation of retaliation is flying out of control because of this Pharmacist!!! Could someone please help me. As I know, everything is documented and there to view in plain sight!! I cannot write a prescription, I can't put myself on medication. Why is she so involved with the medication that my doctors have me on? Someone must contact me. I need help!!

Was treated like scum by pharmacist, went to er and got diagnosed with kidney stone, did not get out of er till 11:30 at night. My pharmacy was NOT OPEN at that time. The next day was not able to get out of the house because I was in so much pain. Called my dr office, to tell them what was going on and they said I should have no problem getting a small break through rx filled.

The pharmacist cancelled the prescription. Wouldn't let me explain, embarrassed me in front of everyone in the store. I am a 56 year old mom, with no prescription abuse history!!! Have been using Walgreens for more than 5 years! This Walgreens is at Montclair road in Birmingham, AL. The pharmacist needs to, at the very least, be reprimanded. I will not do business there again. Please make sure if you are treated this way without cause to report!!!

Went to pick up my daughter's prescription, I had her with me in car with fever, so I went to drive-thru. I waited behind a car for 15 min, I saw this lady got their prescriptions and leave. I advanced my car to the window and the pharmacist told me he needed my insurance card. I passed to him and I ask him if I can also get a bottle of children's **. His answer was: "Oh I am not going inside to shop for you, and besides you will have to come inside of the store because this will take time and you are clogging the line." I was shocked! I was there for less than 2 min and he already was telling that I clogged the line. I responded to him that I could not go inside the pharmacy because my daughter who is sick and with fever is with me in the car and that is the reason that I am using the drive-thru. I also said, "It is ok I won't buy the ** just let me pick up her prescriptions, I will go buy ** someplace else". (There is a CVS pharmacy close to my house.)

So he got so mad at me and he insisted that I need to come inside, I said no and he yelled to me: "Do whatever you want, but you have to move out of the line!" I stayed there and finally another young men came to tell me that I need it to move my car and do the line again. So I did and waited there for another 30 minutes, while the car in front of me took 25-30 minutes and I never see him being asked to move his car to the end of the line. I had a reason to be there, picking up prescriptions for my sick daughter, my daughter was with me. Isn't the most practical thing to use drive- thru? Or why would you have it? One thing that I want to mention: I was the only Mexican there! Maybe that was the issue for the pharmacist to not help me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

I live on a budget and by far they are so expensive, I rarely use them except when my other pharmacy does not have the medicine I need. I have shopped prices on the same medicine at 4 or 5 pharmacies and Walgreens is always the highest price.

The store is always clean and the employees always offer assistance. The rewards program is great. Whenever there are 3 or more people in line the cashier will always call for assistance to ensure that you are not waiting in line for a long period of time. If you call in to refill a prescription and you do not have any refills left the pharmacist will contact your doctor and they also call or send you a message to let you know your script is ready for pick up.

I always have to wait at least 2-3 days for my meds and there are too many new people. I really liked the pharmacy back in 2004-2008. When they started to switch the pharmacy staff quite often and it causes a great deal of problems as some of them are students who don't know anything and some are good pharmacists who we have gotten to know really well (as I am in there weekly) and who know me by name and by drugs, are also being moved to I was told Walgreens stores that are not doing well. Well too bad for them so they send us the dummies. Very disappointed with their policy. I have gone so far as to contact their headquarters with complaints of not having the right number of pills in the bottle, of being extremely rude and to top it off there are times that me and my daughter have actually gotten someone else prescriptions in our bag.

Walgreens is the best pharmacy for me. I love the auto call system to refill my prescription & the reminder when it's ready. The auto refill system reminders are very helpful & the pharmacy staff is always available to answer questions. They also give vaccinations without having to go to my PCP. Love it!

Left Rx at 10 AM on Wednesday 25 January, received numerous messages that they were " working" on the Rx. Tonight at 7 PM, learn Humana won't cover the Rx, asked how long they had known this, received blank stare. Terrible, customer service is bad, can see why their business is down 19%, highly overrated company. Not big league, never be great again!!

I am always happy to see the head pharmacist and pharmacy technicians each time I go. They remember who I am and call me by my name which usually is only done in a family type store setting but this is a large Walgreens and they still take the time to know who you are and what you need. They are awesome!

Walgreens Pharmacy would rather keep people waiting than hire additional workers and now with their winning the contract with the government (Tricare) an additional 20,000 customers have hit their local stores. We live in an adult community of 32,000 and the local Walgreens is ill-equipped to handle half that number. They are more interested in selling nonsense articles and foodstuffs than taking care of their customer needs. With 5 large grocery stores in the area, plus Walmart, there is little value in selling a quart of milk but no one can convince these people otherwise.

Oracle/Limberlost Walgreens I use this store the most often, I am here 2-4 times a month or more. Walgreens trains their employees to greet each person that walks thru the front door, as do many other companies. At some stores when the employees acknowledge you coming in it's more like "hey we know you're here and we're watching you!" (I truly understand that there is significant thievery going on.) I've never felt that at this Walgreens.

Walgreens is very customer service oriented. It starts as I enter the store with the cashier (by the door) welcomes all who enter the store. Walgreens carries a variety of items so if I have to wait for my prescription to be filled, there's lots to see/purchase. They also (often) provide a drive-up window for convenience. My prescription is always ready when I need it. I receive a text notice indicating they are about to fill my prescription, then I receive a text telling me it "is" ready for pick-up. It doesn't get much better than that. Walgreens' a great example for other companies!!!

Today January 23 / 2017 at 8:49 pm I contacted the Walgreens located at 13698 sw 8 street in Miami tel (305)221 4589 to clarify a medication I was given by mistake with a similar name. The call was taken by a pharmacy tech, a girl, whom after listening to my explanation only said that it was a brand name vs generic name. I tried to explain her that the name of the medication I've been taking for almost 4 years was for a different condition than the one I was provided with, she kept interrupting me omg'd in the background. I even told her I was a health provider and I knew about it, she simply hanged up on me.

When I went personally to the store they were very polite and they explained to me it must've been someone at the "central" where they take the phone calls. They found out I was right and changed medication. My concern more than the bad moment this technician gave me is that a poor knowledge from a person that is supposed to know about it could lead to a patient to accidentally take a wrong medication with not a happy ending for neither patient (intoxicated or dead) nor Walgreens that could end up being sued...

The staff is knowledgeable & courteous, greets you at the door, always willing to help and the store always clean & well stocked. In the pharmacy, the wait time is terrible & it’s not just our location, it’s all over the area. You can complain about it to the local mgr, you get the same response no matter what the problem is. The corp office refers you back to the local mgr. Now you've gone full circle with no positive results. The problem is not that they are inefficient or don't care, it’s because they don't staff their dept efficiently or refuse to hire enough people to handle the number of customer for that store has.

Everyone is very helpful and their services are great. Staff is very knowledgeable and pharmacy team better than doctors. If you want to know about your medicine other than the leaflet just ask any one of the pharmacy team. They are very knowledgeable.

The store has friendly, knowledgeable staff, and love receiving mdsc. of $50 after you have $40 in rewards. On the whole, most of the regular priced mdsc. is too high. Even some of their sale product is also too high. Their sales are usually okay but I am an elder person and I don't need or want BOGO for 1/2 price large toothpaste. That is actually 3/4 the price of 1 toothpaste. That would last me for years and I am tight on storage. So this type sale is no good for me. Your pharmacy is excellent at Wichita 135th and Maize. They are always friendly and ask about you, your health and family. If you have to purchase an RX that is not insurance covered that will go out of their way to a coupon.

It's a good store and I like the employees attitude. It's wonderful experience all the time that I visited the store. It's clean, and the employees try to help you and be nice. They are professional and respectful. However, I didn't like that I have to wait a little longer, but I go looking around the store and the minutes pass fast.

I have been shorted one month's supply of pills when ordering for 3 months, otherwise I feel sure the pharmacist is knowledgeable; shelves are always being stocked so aisles are hard to get down; there never seem to be enough cashiers in the pharmacy, so lines are long; Reward Program is difficult to understand. Clerks are friendly and helpful. That's enough to keep me going back. The shortage of pills was worrisome, as I am on Medicare and so easily thrown into the 'donut hole.' The pharmacist, however, supplied me with 30 pills free of charge to carry me over.

I had a prescription filled about one month ago.There were 3 refills. I went to refill the prescription only to be advised that there was no prescription on my profile for the necessary medication. There was a prescription for a medication which was NOT mine. I explained I had gotten the medication through their pharmacy and it is not possible that there is no record of it on my profile. The woman checked and said that I never received that medication from them. As the medication was vital to my health, I had to go home to get the old container from the medication and bring it to the manager to PROVE it had come from them. I was advised that it was not on my profile because I had 2 profiles and they looked at the wrong one. I was then told I had no refills. I insisted that my physician had written the script with three refills.

Another argument. I finally did receive my medication from them. This was a case of complete incompetence. When a pharmacy that people depend on to provide medication is unable to properly perform, that pharmacy is useless. I would recommend avoiding Walgreens pharmacy. Go out of your way if need be because this pharmacy is completely unsatisfactory.

The Walgreens Pharmacy I use is 24/7 which I need for my fragile son. Because of his medical condition, I can get prescriptions immediately. The staff is super nice and knowledgeable with my family. They are kind and know that sometimes he needs an immediate prescription. I call at all hours of the day and night with questions and they answer me in a sincere and considerate manner.

I can access and print my prescription history for new doctors and can do refills online from anywhere in the country and that is a big deal for me as I used to travel quite a bit. Having my prescriptions mailed to me raises too many insecurities with me as I am rural and would be wary of theft from a mailbox so having many brick and mortar stores to choose from is great and Walgreens is like McDonalds, they're everywhere!! Have never had a problem and they are always informative and friendly.

On 1/18/2017, I went to Walgreens in Rockingham, NC to pick up a call in prescription. As I walked to entry to be waited on, a customer who was sitting was called to get his prescription's. The pharmacy tech, Hunter started ringing out the gentleman and it was taking awhile to make the transaction. I was standing there for about five minutes or more and a vehicle pulled up to the pickup window. Hunter gets on the intercom and tell the customer, "someone will be right with you." I had just come out of recovery 1 hour before from a procedure (EGD) and needed the medication for esophagus irritation, and I was still somewhat drowsy. He finishes up with the gentleman and without even acknowledging me after standing there for that long, goes to take care of the young lady at the pickup window.

Finally another tech comes up to the window to wait on me and of course, there was issues with my prescription as it has been since I transferred my prescriptions over to Walgreens in November 2016. This was due to the fact that CVS, my previous pharmacy lost the contract with TRICARE, Express Scripts, and I never had the issues that I am experiencing with Walgreens. I don't know if its this particular store or the entire chain is this way.

Getting back to my point on Hunter, I don't normally judge people, but I happened to noticed that the young lady that was at the pickup was **, and after he finished with her, he came back over and quickly waited on the guy who came up behind me after when I was standing there, who happened to be ** and I made a comment to him about the drive thru must have priority because I had been standing here for a while. As Hunter was waiting on this individual, another car pulled up to the drive thru, he looks over and did not acknowledge the lady as he did the first lady, I looked over at her and noted she was mix race.

I don't know Hunter, but companies do not need people like that dealing with the public on a daily basis, especially when they are representing the company. After having numerous issues with my prescriptions and the TRICARE system with Walgreens, I am moving my prescriptions to another pharmacy and probably never shop at Walgreens again. It's too bad you can't leave zero stars for a rating!!

The pharmacist is knowledgeable and helpful. They take time to make sure you understand your medicine and will answer any questions you might have or concerns about anything. But sometimes the wait time is a bit long. Otherwise they are very good.

Great service. The hours have changed for security reasons. Just disappointed that it had to be. Walgreens has been reliable and affordable for my family for years. We have tried others but always come back. The helpful staff make it a pleasant place to visit.

After getting a vaccine shot for the flu, I asked if the singles shot was covered by my insurance. They checked on the computer and said it was covered. There was no copay and the insurance covered $234.39 for the shot. I got the shot. My wife with the same insurance went through the same process and got the same response. She got the shot. We each left the pharmacy with a Walgreen receipt that showed that there was no copay and the insurance covered $234.39. About one month later, they billed both me and my wife different amounts for the shot. (Remember we both had the same insurance). After talking with the pharmacy we found out that the statement they made was meaningless. They can choose to bill any amount that they wish if the insurance company refuses the claim. (Remember, they checked on their computer and the coverage was complete!).

When I called the insurance company, they said that Walgreen had done their billing wrong! They billed as a medical procedure instead of as a pharmacy claim. (Did Walgreens change their business model from pharmacy to medical store??). To follow this to a obvious conclusion, Walgreens can tell the customer there is no charge and that their injection is covered by their insurance and then turn around and charge the customer anything they want! Anybody get a bill for $50,000 from them yet?

The only reason why I gave them one star is because I had to. I would give them no stars. I would never go back there again. I will find another Pharmacy. I want to get my son's prescription filled as I always do except for this time with the pharmacist on Navajo Road in San Diego told me that my son's insurance was not covered. I have been using them since he was born. I've had the same Insurance since he was a baby. Now all of a sudden they do not take my son's insurance and Andrea pharmacist was very rude and told me, "Well you should have said up there and ask your doctor and get upset with your doctor about this." I explained to her that my doctor actually looked it up and make sure that they would still accept my insurance and he told me, "Yes they would." So I told her, "Why would I get upset with him for verifying that you guys accept my son's insurance and now you're telling me you don't."

Walgreens does not deserve my business or anyone else's I hope all their stores closed down and I hope they go bankrupt for someone not to accept insurance is horrible especially if that's the only pharmacy close to you. What if someone comes to them with the same insurance and it's a life-threatening situation and they need that medicine. That medicine can save their lives and Walgreens only accept insurances that are willing to pay a lot of money and however my insurance company is not want to overpay for medicine that they're getting add a penny on a dollar and they're charging US $500 or more for it. I suggest that people find other pharmacies because they suck.

Whenever I visit Walgreens I feel a sense of personal belonging. The cashiers welcomes me with a greeting, the pharmacy staff is very open to answering questions regarding prescription medications and over the counter medications. I feel I can trust my health based on their knowledge. In addition, the store is always neat and clean.

With the ok'd pharmacist the dept ran smoothly. Now it seems unorganized. I've waited both inside the store and at driver in up to 30 min. All of my drug info is suppose to be in large print and most of the time isn't. Rarely asked if I be taken med before and do I need to talk with the pharmacist.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.
  • Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.
  • Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.
  • Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.
  • Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.
  • Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.
  • Best for people with Medicare and special medication requirements.

Compare Online Pharmacies