3.9/5 (677 ratings)

About Walgreens Pharmacy

Walgreens Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

The Walgreens on 1217 are totally awesome and flawless. Especially the pharmacy. Dr. **, is one of outstanding pharmacists, who is well knowledgeable with good manners. His medicines supplies are all up to date with no shortage. And if indeed there is any out of stock, he'll get it promptly with no delay. The staff is also very friendly. Most importantly is the pharmacy's hours of operations that beats all the rest of pharmacies with long hours 7 days a week. I am so pleased to transfer all my medication to this location and will recommend it highly to each and all patients.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I have used Walgreens for 20+ years. Well it was never the gold standard of customer service, recently it has reached a new and horrible low! This July I was going on a week’s vacation. I had run out of my blood pressure meds, so used the Walgreens app to renew my prescription; I checked the app and it said my prescription was ready. Off I went to pick it up, BUT, guess what? It wasn’t ready! The pharmacy assistant told me they had to put it back because the prescription was up that day, even though I had one refill. I went on vacation without the meds, meanwhile getting a new prescription called in by my doc.

When I returned, I ordered other basic scripts on the app. When the app said they were ready, I went to pick it up. NOTHING was there, the tech told me! Worst of all, he began to lecture me as if I was the idiot here. I should do automatic refills. Then I wouldn’t get so upset! I kept trying to tell him to check the spelling of my last name. He just talked over me and kept lecturing. I finally just drove home and called the manager. She said,” oh all of them are here. He must have spelled your name wrong.”(!!!!) So in two days, I double check on the app, where it says they are all ready. Off I go again, waiting for 40 minutes (again- did I mention how long you wait at the Middleton Walgreens?!) Well guess what? Two of the scripts are not there.

This time I am lectured on how I should call ahead so I won’t “get so upset” when my supposedly ready scripts aren’t ready. I want them to look at the app on my phone so they can see how the app says they are ready- again I can’t get a word in edgewise and go home. Later on, I remember I had called and talked to the manager and she said they were all ready and on the shelf! Next my daughter goes, 4 hours later. The 2 still aren’t there! They tell her it will be an hour to fill them; she says, “No, it won’t. Fill it now!” They do, but lecture her more on calling to check they are really there. I don’t think I was all that upset, btw, no screaming, threatening or personal attack. I just tried to get them to listen to me, at one point saying, ”You just won’t listen to me!” I also wrote corporate and got a “Give us another chance. We value you as a customer.” That was before the last two events! CVS anyone?

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2022

The pharmacy staff walked off in June and I heard it was because of mandatory 16 hour days. I do not blame them. Walgreen's needs to hire more qualified people. This is a Walgreen corporate problem that is causing problems with customers and over-stresses the pharmacy staff. I suggest using another pharmacy. I plan on changing out of my Walgreens Rx plan as soon as it renews. Cannot wait to drop Walgreens.

When the staff came back, I tried to refill prescriptions, and it is obvious the understaffed situation makes it extremely difficult for the pharmacy personnel and customers wait in long lines due to mistakes made by the pharmacy. For me, they filled a prescription that I did not request, AND secondly, they did not fill the correct prescription when my medication changed. The day before I picked it up, the staff told me they would fill my new prescription but when I went to get it, the prescription was for the older medication.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I am a recent kidney transplant recipient and because of my BCBS Insurance, I am dictated to get the majority of my anti-rejection meds through Walgreens. I have had so many issues with the Pharmacy located on Chapel Hill Road in Douglasville, GA with getting medications in a timely manner. I placed an order on July 15, 2022 and since the Pharmacy had not notified me that my order was ready, I stopped by on July 18th at 9:30 a.m. to check on the script and I was told by one of their pharmacy technicians that my medicine was short filled because they didn't have enough pills in stock and the remainder of the order would be in the next day.

I actually gave them two extra days but when I didn't hear from them again, I called the pharmacy on July 22nd and was put on eternal hold and was then told that they still didn't have enough pills in stock and they would be in on today, July 25th. Still as of 10:00 p.m. tonight there has been no communication from the store. I filed a complaint with the Walgreens Corporate Complaint Hotline on Friday night and still, I haven't heard anything from the Pharmacy Manager, Store Manager nor the District Manager. These nonactions really show me what I have known for a long time that they don't care about customer service nor the health of their customers. Once again I remind you that I am a recent kidney transplant.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I've been using this pharmacy for 3 years, and the service has grown progressively worse. Delayed refills, incorrect quantities, even the wrong dosage. The past 3 months have been horrible getting refills on my maintenance medications I use every month. Today I learned Corporate is now routing all Deming refills through Phoenix, AZ, and are no longer stocking their Deming Store. Resulting in all refills taking anywhere from 10 to 14 days from the date requested for you to get your meds. Insurance will not pay if ordered early so expect to run out of your needed medications at least a week before you receive your refills. This information came straight from their pharmacy tech! I'm Done, will be changing pharmacies. DON'T USE THIS PHARMACY!

Original review: July 5, 2022

I have had nothing but problems out of this pharmacy but today did it for me. I ordered my prescriptions to be delivered and Walgreens set the delivery date to July 4th, knowing they were closed that day. I'm out of my heart & blood pressure pills and no way to pick them up and they say they can't deliver them now because the delivery company cancelled the order. I had all my prescriptions transferred to another pharmacy and if Walgreens is the only pharmacy open I'll do without before I am talked down to.

Original review: July 1, 2022

This pharmacy is consistently the worst pharmacy in the area. They don't even pretend to want to give courteous, respectful customer service. Even as I type this, I've been on hold for 11 minutes. The phone has rang out of hold 5x and each time it rings out of hold, someone picks up and puts it back on hold -- without even bother to answer!! The in-person experience isn't much better -- the entire country is going to ** in a hand basket and this pharmacy is leading the way. If I was the regional VP covering this location, I would immediately place this pharmacy on probation. This is so very unprofessional.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Am on Medicare part D and every October I shop prescriptions. Year 1 and 2 Was with Publix, year 3 I was with CVS. Absolutely Awesome pharmacies! Year 4 I am now with Walgreens.

1- Employees terribly rude!
    2- They act like you are putting them out!

3- Just moved from Jacksonville to West Palm Beach and this Walmart is the same way! Terrible!

This October I won’t be re-upping with Walgreens even if they have cheaper Prices. Not worth the hassle!

Original review: June 16, 2022

#11959 5201 San Mateo NE, ABQ, NM unbelievable rude service. The manager at the pharmacy was so rude on many occasions. Showed no customer service, no respect for any of the customers. On top of that many times the prescriptions are never ready on time. Seems days later after returning to the pharmacy. There's always issues with staffing being untrained. I'm just going to change my services to my original pharmacy. They don't have a problem taking their meal breaks even making sure everyone knows that they have a 30 minute meal break. But when it comes to getting medication or problem solved they're lack of experience shows. I am done with Walgreens. I've been dealing with problems with Walgreens for over 2 and 1/2 years. Today was the day that I finally said enough.

Original review: June 15, 2022

They take forever to arrive, forever to verify your subscription. And if ever anything happens so that you need assistance you won't get it, as their customer support and customer relations teams are surprisingly unhelpful/seem totally disinterested in helping customers. Use any other contact lense provider instead.

Walgreens Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

Walgreens Pharmacy Company Information