3.9/5 (2182 ratings)

About Walgreens Pharmacy

Walgreens Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: May 8, 2021

Mark their pharmacy manager is always there for me to assist with all my medications and gives assistance without me even asking. I’m so grateful to have this rapport with my local pharmacist and this is 2021 not long ago in the day.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

My local Walgreens pharmacy has been fantastic during the Covid pandemic. My father is 90 and I care for him. They have done everything from getting our flu shots, to getting a late night Rx filled, to recently arranging for an Rx to be mailed and not picked up. They have been consistently kind and helpful. My thanks to them all.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

They always have what I need. I get a text message when my order is ready and get reminders. We live in Western MA in the summer and Central FL in winter. I just tell them I’m leaving for fl and auto my

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I went to pick up a rx from Walgreens because I had run out. I actually had a mail-order of this med on its way but I had been out for a week and needed some that day. They made it happen????

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I'd like to commend and recognize BETTY at Walgreens Pharmacy on S. Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA. She's provides outstanding, personalized service in a fast-paced environment. She's very busy filling prescriptions yet takes time to explain drugs to patients. She's a knowledgeable medical professional and should be given a raise for her hard work!! Today I got a flu shot from her. She was giving shots ON TOP OF filling prescriptions and consulting with patients!! SHE'S ALSO FRIENDLY AND WARM!!

Original review: July 9, 2021

Trying to communicate for hours with them, IMPOSSIBLE, Customer Service only helps with your passcode in the internet. Once in "my account" my prescriptions were not found! Very frustrating, one of my prescriptions was missing (I didn't review the bags), once at home I have try to call to fix this but it is no way I can communicate! I have to go to the pharmacy!

Original review: July 5, 2021

The pharmacy located at Lake Dow and Highway 81 in McDonough Ga is horrible. Not because of pharmacy employees but because of lack of training or lack of caring by pharmacy custodians and outdated equipment that is necessary to perform their jobs!!. I have many different insurances including TriCare which they have a total lack of knowledge on how to coordinate benefits. Having outdated equipment seems to be one of the main roadblocks, proper lack of training seems to be another. Looks like upper management oversight does not exist. In my opinion this pharmacy is there as a profit center and nothing more. I will never do business there again.

Original review: June 25, 2021

The wait in line is always 10 minutes, and often 20. There's a line for pick-up, A line for Covid shot registration, and a line to get into one of the shot booths. The waiting area, and restroom are only accessible if you cross through ALL of these three lines. The staff is doing its best, but they are always backed up. A drive-through is advertised, but it's a spot in the parking lot, and they bring it out to you, IF you call them directly and get through the menu for a "drive thru". I have stopped using them, too risky!

Original review: June 9, 2021

Re:4445 US Highway 98 N, Lakeland, FL 33809. STAY AWAY if you are DISABLED!!!! I called to check on the status of a refill that I had submitted a few days ago. I spoke to Vesai **, a Pharmacy floater. That is the name I was given. I explained to her that I have epilepsy. You would think someone working in the pharmacy would be trained regarding disabilities. Many epileptics, like me, cannot drive. After 3 minutes, she told me that she WOULD NOT WASTE any more time on the phone with me and DEMANDED that I go in to talk to someone. Hello??.. I CANNOT DRIVE. This is not something to DEMAND of a DISABLED person because you JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING YOUR JOB!!!!

She spent 3 minutes talking to me, most of which was hard to understand through her very thick accent. The rest of the time was me being placed on hold. I told her I was never called about the refill that was requested or about any issue with it. She stated there was a mistake on my prescription and my insurance would not pay. I asked if I could pay and if I could set everything up with her because I need my medication today (the whole reason I submitted my refill request early). This is the point where she tells me that she CANNOT WASTE any more time on the phone with me. As she was trying to hang up the phone on me, I stopped her and told her that I needed my medication desperately. This is not something you do to a DISABLED person who CANNOT drive and is out of the only medication keeping you from seizing.

NEVER doing business here again. I called a different pharmacy and the pharmacist there explained to me that it is an easy fix and would not require me to drive anywhere. They would take care of everything for me UNLIKE Walgreens. Apparently, Walgreens has been sued many times for discrimination. If I had known this I would not have taken my prescriptions there. They need to better train their pharmacy staff.

Original review: June 7, 2021

First off I am disabled. Life threatening seizures. Not always can I drive or have someone pick up my prescription for me. I attempt to have all on a constant basis.

*All of the staff that I had an excellent relationship with, with the exception of 1 have left. Only Tammy is left. She is a good person. The pharmacist that caught a life threatening problem with a medication is no longer there. He left almost immediately. Cannot find a hero in my life.
    *I constantly get texts telling me to come get my Rx, or that I will have to reorder it. That I can have it on auto order or have delivery but not both. I have several times been unable to drive and get them, or find someone to pick them up.
    *My orders are constantly short. These are Neuro drugs to help prevent seizures. I have life threatening seizures.

*A new staff member "A" has a nasty attitude and argued with me about my Rx's. I have no trust in her. Dislike talking to her. Rather have the flu.

I have reported all occurances to my insurance, and doctors...they have encouraged me to find another pharmacy.

Walgreens Pharmacy author review by ConsumerAffairs

Walgreens Pharmacy is a widely-known provider of pharmaceutical services across North America. Walgreens’ online pharmacy is a quick, convenient way to get prescriptions refilled. Prescriptions can be delivered to a specific store and managed from anywhere with an Internet connection. Consumers can set up an account and manage their health from an online dashboard.

• Prescription refills: Consumers can refill prescriptions online using their online account or by checking out as a guest. Guest checkouts allow for multiple prescriptions to be refilled at once with a prescription number and an email address. Consumers can also refill prescriptions via email and text message.

• Medicare Part D: Consumers using Medicare Part D can check online for a full list of providers that use the Part D savings plans. Walgreens offers zero dollar copays on tier one, generic prescriptions on selected plans. Medicare Part D members also receive drug plan options such as personalized drug plan advice.

• Medicare Part B: Medicare Part B is a Medicare plan that caters to diabetes customers and does not come with a prescription plan. Walgreens offers zero dollar out-of-pocket costs, 90-day prescriptions refills, 24/7 access to a pharmacist and same day availability for Medicare Part B customers.

• Specialty pharmacy: Customers who require specialty medication for long-term treatment plans can enroll with Walgreens' specialty pharmacy. This accredited division of Walgreens Pharmacy will ensure drugs are delivered with care based on their storage requirements. The specialty pharmacy can manage customers' prescription refill schedules, help find financial assistance and explore customers' benefit options.

• Mobile app: Consumers can manage their health from Walgreens' mobile app. They can set pill reminders, keep track of prescriptions, schedule refills and earn rewards points from their mobile device.

• Accreditation: Walgreens specialty pharmacy is accredited by the URAC and the ACHC.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team