2.5/5 (976 ratings)

About Zales

Zales Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?

Original review: June 11, 2022

I called their customer service line to cancel my order and they refused to cancel it and they told me that I have to wait till it get to me then I have to return it and it’s is suppose to take 2 more weeks to get here. They have terrible customers service and are extremely rude

Original review: June 8, 2022

I bought my girlfriend a $240 gold bolo bracelet from Zales online for Christmas. It broke within the first 2 months. Got it fixed by a jeweler twice but it continuously broke in the same spot. Couldn’t return it because I didn’t get the warranty and I couldn’t get store credit because I didn’t try and get it fixed by the Zales jeweler. Also, No help from customer support, long wait time on phone. Won’t ever be buying this cheap jewelry again.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Where do I begin...? Do I start with their customer service is rude, disrespectful, liars and condescending not to leave out the discrimination and Zales customer rep Marie asked me why I wanted a store credit Instead of waiting for the check that she and four other CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES told me four weeks In row was on its way, I'm receive it any day blah blah blah! Mind you I returned a watch I purchased because I had felt guilty I spent that much money on myself because of a sudden loss of income for my family so I returned the watch which they made me return to them and given a receipt to prove I returned since all 3 stores within 2 hour radius couldn't come up with $297.50??? Really $300. A corporate chain store in the jewelry industry can't produce less than $300?

So this was in early March 2022. It's now almost my anniversary. The date is May 19! Still no check. Tried to beg literally for them to just cancel so called check and give me a credit for store for my wife on our anniversary. They will not do so. Again rude. After call being dropped 4 or 5 times tonight just to get left on hold for 49min and returned with news I can't talk to anyone higher up than her! This has a name for it. It's called theft by deception. I warn you people. Do not shop here. Anything bad happen in life or get lost in shipping, damaged, not fit, etc. Zales is a bunch of disrespectful, condescending, judgmental lying thrives and cons. Calling Better Business Bureau tomorrow. What's it going to take for this stupid store to take me seriously?...

Original review: May 17, 2022

I order online my mother a necklace that was engraved with all our names, when it came the names were spelled wrong. They were spelled correct on the receipt and order form. I went to the store to return as I was advise it would be quicker but that was all a lie. Let's just say I couldn't get a exchange or a refund. They had to send it back to corp. They told me I can make a new purchase on another one but now I'm already out of several hundreds of dollars on the first purchase. Needless to say I'm over my 10 day mark. I still don't have my refund. The rep told me it can take up to 30 days to get my refund. This is not customer service and not my fault the stupid 3rd party they have engrave things didn't pay attention to details. I never see a company do this to the customers. I would never again look in Zales' direction.

Original review: May 2, 2022

PLEASE HELP! I signed up for a Zales account so that I can improve my credit NOT HURT IT! I signed up to have auto payments. My first payment did not come out. I thought I would get a statement but I didn't until March the 27th. When I saw this I called that day & made 2 payments & the lady said I was on a recorded line. If I made my payments it would be fine so I did. But nothing came through. I have over draft protection plus if anything ever happens it would come out of my savings acct. Nothing ever showed up. Then my bank told me that there were some many complaints about them that they had to put a hold on the account which made my payments again 4 hours late.

When I got my next statement on April the 7th I saw 3 payments now needed. I called & made 3 payments. He said on a recorded line everything should be fine if I made my payment and which I did. Then I checked my credit report and now you reported me 30 days late. I clearly trying very hard to make my payments. Can you help me fix this?? I work in credit & this will hurt my employment. They look at credit reports. PLEASE HELP me fix this or I could lose my license. I can prove everything! Then I once again signed up with their auto payments and they drafted my account 3 more months after I manually put in the 4th month on the 25th of April. That's what happened on the 27th of April they drafted out 3 payments again, they responded and said they could not help me. Please help me. Thank you.

Original review: April 30, 2022

All I want/wanted to do is buy my mom something nice for Mother's Day. Every time I press the next button to continue on to billing it goes BACKWARDS and brings me back to if I want to pick it up or deliver. I can't pick up because it's sold out so I have to have it delivered.. Then is the billing info after I'm done with my billing info it brings me BACK To shipping info. Very frustrating!!!!

Original review: April 28, 2022

My wife just sent me a picture. On the second day of owing the Marilyn Monroe collection ring, one of the diamonds fell out. You are a fool if you don't take heed to my advice. Keep your money and purchase elsewhere, really!

Original review: March 27, 2022

I wish I would have read some reviews. Terrible service... the worst automated phone system I have ever used. The ring is small for the price. Zales is a greedy corporation, charged me a late fee twice when I paid on the due date, maybe they will wave it... I'll be asking. I'm going to pay it off rite away before they have more surprises. Support a company that appreciates you... it's definitely not Zales.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Awful, the sales reps are rude, did not show any understanding of the situation and how frustrating/upsetting it is. Sent my ring in for a prong repair, took over a month in the first place to get it back. Then was informed my ring was "damaged beyond repair". It is clear that the diamond was either swapped or severely damaged while being repaired. The only options were to take my damaged ring and just accept it as is or GIVE them my ring and get a completely new ring... while they keep my original ring. The whole point of an engagement/wedding ring is the sentimental value so the fact that they expect you to just be okay with the fact that they damaged the ring, and then don't want to allow you to keep your sentimental ring is insane.

They really need a better policy or either better jewelers who don't damage your diamond. This has been escalated to corporate and no one is willing to take responsibility, saying it's an issue with the "polish and clean" of the diamond. Took it to an outside jeweler and was told it looked like it was damaged from the heat used to repair the prongs. Very unhappy with the service and of the sales person who was arrogant, rude, and difficult to deal with. Acted as if I was making it up or crazy, but you can clearly see the difference. See the photos below for yourself! Please be cautious if you take your ring for repairs!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Return an item from a purchase online, to the store and waiting two months now and I still have not received my refund. Numerous phone calls waiting for hours on the phone and lied to about a refund check they send which was never sent. Still trying to resolve the situation.

Zales author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1924 in Wichita Falls, Texas, Zales is a jewelry company that sells its products in more than 750 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico. Customers can shop for jewelry from Zales at retail outlets and online.

• 60-day returns: Zales customers have up to 60 days to return any purchase without question.

• Design your own: The company has a Design Your Own program that lets customers custom create not only engagement rings, but other decorative jewelry pieces as well.

• Free shipping: People who shop on Zales.com receive free shipping when they spend they choose to ship their purchases to a Zales retail or retail outlet store.

• Credit options: The company offers credit plans with no annual fee to help customers pay for their jewelry and products.

• In-store services: Zales customers can take advantage of many in-store services, including lifetime cleaning and inspection.

Zales Company Information