1.12/5

341 Zales Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My husband bought me a rose gold bracelet from Zales which he gave me last month. Within the space of one month the chain has broken TWICE! The first time, I tried to get it repaired/replaced and initially the store tried to refuse (this was after I had the bracelet for 3 days). After much persistence they finally got me a replacement after I refused to pay up more money for a faulty product. Then today, the second bracelet replacement has now snapped again. The quality is poor and it's very disappointing as it was a wedding gift. Definitely do not recommend for either product or customer service.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Bought a ring online. It was beautiful in the picture and cost $400. When I finally got it I discovered the quality was HORRID! So I went on their site and wrote them a short letter. Within 48 hours I received an email saying they needed time to look into my complaint. After 2 months I sent them another email. They never responded. I wrote to them in June. and again in Aug. They have never contacted me and have never answered any of my questions. Now it's October and still waiting!

Also I recommended Zales to my granddaughter who was getting married. She and fiancee bought the ring at Zales in the mall. Zales told them they could bring

it to be sized to the right size any time in the future. She went back 2 weeks later and the store was GONE! She called and was told she would have to drive to another state to get her ring sized. She was also told they wouldn't size it unless Zales could fit the ring to HER hand in person!!! What's going on? I think they are trying to put themselves out of business! Do not buy from Zales!!!

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought a ring for 600 from Zales and paid all but 346.00. That was my bill in December of 2017. I was in the moving process and forgot to pay the bill until March. I had not gotten anything from Zales as far as an additional bill even though I updated a change of address. Once they got my payment. A creditor not Zales sent a letter thanking me for my payment of 346.00 but I still owe an additional 880.00. How is that possible when I only owed 346.00. With interest and late fees for 90 days would not equal 880.00. That would make a 250% interest rate. I disputed with them and asked where they got that amount, I was just sent a bill with a previous balance of 880.00 and I owe immediately 306.00. The amount I balance with was received as a payment magically disappeared. I still have the bill and payment. I will go to credit bureaus or sue if nothing is done. This is extremely excessive and unfair practices!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

There was a balance on my account for a total of $1,740.43 and a subsequent balance on my wife’s account for $213.57. My wife mailed out checks for payment in full for both of our accounts on July 20th, 2018. It appears as though those checks were never received or cashed. Since payment was not received by Zales an interest charge of $1,831.57 was added to my account, more than we even owed! As soon as we realized the payment was never processed we called and paid the balance in full. I have included the invoice and check information along with this letter as proof. Along with bank statement that the funds were available at the time these checks were sent.

As loyal customers my husband and myself would love to continue our relationship with Zales, but will close both of our accounts and mention this to our friends and family if this is not adjusted. We hope corporate can understand the circumstances and dismiss the interest fee assessed to this account. We hope to turn this stressful situation into a positive experience with your company!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I got engaged. You'd think it would be a happy time right? I was told 7-10 days to have it sized one size smaller... 3 weeks later I got it. Wore it for 2 days. The main diamond fell out. Another 3 weeks for that. Called yesterday. Lady said it wasn't sent out yet!! My fiance yelled at her today. She calls and says ring is ready.

Wow some miracle. Get it and she says, "I don't appreciate getting yelled at." I said, "I don't appreciate my diamond falling out."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My fiance and I decided to look at rings and I fell in love with the Disney Jasmine ring. I wear a 9 1/2 in ring size, but they only have a 7 in stock. The woman who helped us said that more than likely we'd have to order it custom and it would take about 13 weeks. We were fine with that. The due date comes by on the order, we pop in and they received the ring it, but they had tried to resize the 7 into a 9 1/2. It was lopsided. The woman kept telling us it didn't look lopsided to her despite the fact that it was quite obvious. We took the ring home and it continued to bother me, so within 24 hours, we took the ring back and spoke with the manager. He immediately looked at the ring and said it was lopsided. He proceeded to order us a custom ring and it came in about 8-10 weeks later and looks perfect. It's hard to find honest individuals here.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered a pair of earrings on 08/20/18 online. After putting in my card, everything went through fine. Or so I thought. I did not receive a confirmation email or order number and the payment was pending in my account. After three days, the pending charge dropped. I used the chat service and spoke with Paul ** and have the conversation saved. I asked why there was never a number and also wanted to know what was going on. I asked if the email could be resent and he said no, it might have went to spam. When I said I wanted to cancel because they lied on the amount of days it would take to ship. When ordered, it said 8 days but he said 8 days plus 10 for processing. I said again I wanted to cancel and then he said he could resend the email. Suspicious. I called customer service the next day and the woman said she could not even find my order.

I gave her details of the chat and the actual case number. I was assured that there was no order and nothing being taken out of my account. Weird since "Paul" could find it. A week later, I get an email (not in spam) saying my order shipped with two day Air and magically had the order number on it. I called customer service again, explained the situation and the exact time of previous call and chat and was told nothing could be done as it had already shipped. When I asked to speak with a manager, she wouldn't and "put in a request." I am livid. I had already purchased other earrings off Amazon. A lot of money to just come out of my account out of the blue. I was told I could mail it back or go in to the store. I am calling again and going to the store as I just received the package...which even had the custom message I had put as it was a gift. WORST EXPERIENCE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have been in Zales customer since 2014. I have not made a purchase since late 2016 but was planning on using my Zales card for my anniversary to purchase a gift for my significant other. I got on Credit Karma this morning to check my credit score and to my surprise my account had been closed with Zales, causing my credit score to go down for not having enough open accounts. I spoke with customer service management and they informed me that it is outlined in the terms and conditions but it is not necessary for them to contact their customers to notify them that their account will be closed or has been closed.

This is horrible customer service and bad business. The representative asked what I would like for him to do for me and I told him that I would like for my account to be reopened, he informed me that he could not re-open it but I was more than welcome to reapply. I responded by saying that I should not have to do that seeing as how I already had an account with them and it was closed without my knowledge. Super disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I would like to begin this review by stating if I could give zero stars I would. Around the middle of May 2018, my girlfriend (now fiance) and I went to Zales located in Waldorf, Maryland. My girlfriend found a really nice ring for a great price. The woman working proceeded to size her finger and stated she needed a 7 1/2. Well we left that day feeling great because I knew this was the ring she wanted and I was going to go back later and purchase it. I proceeded to go back to this location a week later and purchase the ring, but they didn't have it in stock anymore so they had to order it. The manager Kevin stated it would take a week for the ring to come in and about two weeks to get it sized.

Please keep in mind I let Kevin know the ring needed to be a 7 1/2. I planned on proposing in mid-June. I was able to get the ring back the week before we went to Ocean City so I was satisfied and excited for the big day to happen. Well the day came and I proposed in front of our entire family on the beach and needless to say it was romantic. BUT... when I went to slide the ring on it was loose and when I say loose it was ready to fall off. The ring was able to freely rotate around her finger. I was extremely pissed off. She wasn't able to wear the ring due to the fear of it falling off. While we were still out in Ocean City we took the ring to another jewelry store and had it sized and guess what? It was a 8 1/2. I could see 7 3/4 and maybe 8... but 8 1/2.

I called the store in Waldorf and spoke to Kevin and he said to bring it in with a copy of the warranty. About a week later we went in and spoke to Kevin. Well this guy states to my fiance that sometimes it gets sized to big that it just happens. What a bull crap response. Also he stated it was a good thing I got the warranty so they can send it out to get resized. Well excuse me but you morons sized it wrong in the first place. If I didn't have the warranty they would have charged me for the resizing. I tell Kevin, "Well while it's getting resized please send it out for appraisal." Kevin stated it would be about two weeks for the appraisal and two weeks for the resize. Well three weeks go by and the ring still wasn't back from appraisal. My fiance calls and this Kevin character tells her, "I'm sorry if you misheard me it takes about a month.

This Kevin guy is a joke and shouldn't be allowed to manage a bowl of cereal. His customer service skills are horrible. He has continued to make excuses and be untruthful with me and my fiance. The ring finally got back from appraisal today but will be out for another two weeks for sizing. I spend thousands of dollars for her not to have her ring for over two months. Not acceptable by any means. We haven't been able to take our engagement photos or have our engagement party. We have had to reschedule both and lost deposits for both. I will not be paying for the appraisal and I will be in contact with my legal counsel to pursue litigation for the loss of the deposits and mental pain and suffering my fiance has incurred because of this stressful situation. I will never use Zales again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I purchased a gold wedding band from Zales through a discount they were having. I was sent the wrong ring size, so I followed the directions exactly in returning the ring to get the right size. After waiting about 4 weeks and hearing nothing, and not receiving my ring, I called the main customer service. I was told I would not be receiving another ring because I did not email the customer service center before sending in the wrong size ring with a request to get the right size. I was told the discount I had revived would also not be given back to me if I were to purchase the right size. I asked to speak with the manager of the girl I was speaking to, AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME after putting me on hold multiple times.

I called back a second time and was put on hold for about 20 minutes 3 different times, the 4th time I asked the girl what her manager's name was and she refused to tell me... And told me her manager was too busy and did not have time to talk to me and I would just have to call back another day. She then tried to put me on hold again. I stopped her and said, "No. Do not put me on hold AGAIN!" She said ok, and then continued to put me on hold. After about 10 min of being on hold again I hung up and called back. After multiple times of asking the girl I was speaking with who her manager was she told me her manager was not a girl and that is all she could tell me.

I continued to ask and finally got her manager's name, Dan **... She refused to tell me his boss's name, saying he was the main guy. I still have not revived my ring, and I have NEVER HAD SUCH HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I RECOMMEND THAT NOBODY DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! I will continue to fill out more reviews on every page I can find. I do expect a reply from Zales, I do expect them to honor their deal, and I do respect my ring (the right size) and I do expect Zales to handle this in an honest and honorable way, because this is ridiculous!!!

Original review: July 31, 2018

DO NOT BUY FROM ZALES JEWELERS!!! My boyfriend bought me a necklace and cross with my birthstone in it for a gift at the Zales in Gulfview Mall in Port Richey, FL. He paid more that $200.00 for it and according to them it was a bargain price! This week the larger of the stones fell out and 3 of the 4 smaller stones were loose. I took the necklace back to Zales with the receipt and they refused to fix it for free and the price they wanted to charge me was close to $100.00! As I kept asking why they didn't stand by their product etc., they kept pushing me to purchase insurance on it for $129.95 telling me that no matter how many times it breaks it will be fixed for free. I declined. No matter what I said they answered with buying the insurance. The prices, quality, and customer service at Zales leaves a lot to be desired and I will never step foot in another Zales.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I purchased a rose gold crisscross ring with tiny diamonds along the top "X" of the ring. Within 3 months of purchase, I noticed 2 of the tiny stones had fallen out of their settings. It might not be obvious to anyone glancing at the ring, but since I take care of my jewelry, I noticed it while I was admiring the ring in the light. I could see an area that looked dark and was not sparkling like the rest of the ring. I contacted Zales by email and told them 2 stones fell out and I didn't even have the ring for 3 months yet! I submitted my customer number and date of purchase to prove my case.

I asked if I could bring the ring back to any Zales store with a printout of my purchase (I ordered the ring online from Zales) and have them replace the missing stones for free. I was told, "No. You can bring it for repair, but you will be charged for the repair." I then asked, "What if I ship it back to Zales? Will you replace the stones, or send me a new ring that is NOT defective?" Again, I received an emphatic "NO" from Zales, again repeating that I would have to bear the cost of the repair. This is VERY POOR customer service; as I have never purchased anything that was DEFECTIVE before without getting some sort of cooperation, replacement offer, or free repair from the company that sold me the defective merchandise. I decided not to pay to have the ring repaired, and wear it with the missing stones.

Today... I noticed yet ANOTHER diamond was missing from the setting! This is what prompted me to write this review as a WARNING to anyone considering buying jewelry from these swindlers! Worst piece of jewelry I have ever purchased from a place that calls itself a "jewelry store!" I have similar-styled rings (costume jewelry) that I purchased from other stores that I wear all the time, and these "cheaper" rings have never lost a stone yet! I learned a few lessons from my Zales ring purchase: 1) Zales peddles inferior quality jewelry; 2) fake/costume jewelry is cheaper and better quality than the expensive JUNK they sell in Zales; and 3) Zales has ZERO interest in keeping a customer satisfied; therefore, sabotaging their own reputation, business, and chance of having repeat clients. They DESERVE to go out of business.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I ordered my engagement ring from Zales. They sent me 2 rings and charged me twice. I had to return to the store because customer service is based overseas and do not know how to help. I was told it would take 30 days for my money to be credited back to my account. Took ring to be cleaned and asked about it being sized. Apparently the warranty only includes diamonds. That would cost extra. After they were done cleaning my ring mysteriously "lost" a diamond. When I told them they suddenly couldn't find my warranty. I present my copy of the warranty. Suddenly their excuse was that I had to get my ring cleaned every six months.

I had and they tried to argue that it wasn't cleaned in time, I presented the other document I got and all of the sudden they would get it fixed. I called a week later to get my ring, they said it would take three weeks. I sure wasn't told that when they sent it out. Well three weeks have passed, now all of the sudden it could take up to 4 weeks, needless to say I will be taking to another jeweler to make sure the diamonds have not been switched. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO TO ZALES.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I will never buy any more jewelry from Zales in Chambersburg mall. Every piece of jewelry I bought or received as gifts has been repaired 3-4 times. It’s junk and when you call there is always an excuse even with warranty.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I purchased a ring while on vacation. We live in the UK. I have had the ring 4 weeks and it has broken. I was informed that Zales was in a group and should I need to I could contact Ernest ** in the UK for any problem. As you can guess this is not correct. I have emailed Zales several times. I did get a reply at first. They totally ignored my request and just quoted their refund policy. Since then they have not replied even though I have emailed them several times. I am disgusted with their service or lack of it and would never purchase anything from them again. Very disappointed and the ring was a special gift.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased a ring online late at night, I realized I purchased the wrong one. I called the customer service number to cancel and they were closed. So I waited till the next morning and called them at 8 am Central time when they opened. The CSR I spoke to said she will send a high priority to cancel. Over a week later after all this I get an email stating the ring is shipped?! I received the ring and called Customer Service again... They tell me to take it to a store to return it. So I do, nearest store to me is over an hour away. I drive there and find out I cannot return it to a store because the item was cancelled... they called customer service and they wouldn't do anything of course.

Now I'm on the phone again for the second time and I asked to speak to a supervisor. Well they kept telling me no. I don't need to speak to one, the manager yells at me saying I made the mistake of ordering the wrong ring so it's my fault. But they sent me a cancelled order... Finally after an hour I get a hold of a supervisor who apologized and said I would get a shipping label to send the item back within 3-5 days. Its been a week and still haven't received it. So again I call the customer service number. I get yelled at by the CSR saying that I need to return it to the store and that the supervisor never said they would send me a shipping label. When I ask to speak to the supervisor again he tells me NO. Now I'm on hold, have been on hold for 30 mins now. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE! This is a nightmare, worst mistake on buying from this company.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Zales cheated me out of $180. I returned a pair of (silver) earrings I had gotten as a gift. They broke within 2 hours of putting them on and were very cheaply made. Flimsy even. The invoice said I needed to send them back within 60 days for an exchange and the order date on the invoice said April 6, 2018. Okay, so I had to get them to Zales by June 5, 2018, right? Easy enough.

Wrong. They arrived the morning of June 5th (I tracked it) and I specifically said on the paperwork I wanted an exchange. I was never notified of my exchange being processed so I called this morning. The representative said "Oh we are processing a refund." Not only did he concede their return instructions were wrong, but he didn't even bother to help me change it! However, he did confirm they were processing the refund and he noted I made a complaint on my order, so I hung up. Then, this evening Zales customer service called and said "We won't be processing your refund because we didn't receive the order within the 60 day period." After they had confirmed everything was okay.

I called them back with the invoice in hand and said "Look, these were a gift. The invoice CLEARLY states this order was placed on 4/6/18 and based on the info your system provided to me, I complied. Your company even admitted they gave me the wrong instructions and I still managed to get it to the right people on time." Customer service proceeded to tell me that regardless of the fact they gave me false information and the invoice they gave me was wrong and I did comply with the rules based on the false info they gave me that they would not give me a refund. They then said I could speak to a manager and put me on hold for 30 minutes which made me waste over 90 minutes of my life today on the phone with customer service to only get told that Zales could not care less about their customers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT Zales.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Reason for review is diamonds sold as being 1 Carat actually .80 carat. PLUS were sold as being a thirty (30%) Sale for Christmas. They were supposed to be $10,000 value on sale for $6500. I brought them to a trusted appraiser in Glenwood Springs to be told guess what? Diamonds value was $6500. So Sale was BS. NOT SALE and this on top of the diamond earrings weight being 20% short. They are a criminal operation and I’m curious how with the rating they have via Consumer Affairs how they continue to be in business??? Who allows this?

Then We begin the process of returning them. NIGHTMARE where each and every time I called was forced to (No choice) speak to a different employee who refused to give me a direct phone number or employer provided email or fax or any way to continue with the complaint and the progress of the solution and the email string of the complaint so as to render one hopeless with needing to start from scratch with each employee FROM ZERO each and every time one tried to follow through.

The company MO seems to be designed to exhaust any complaining customer to the point of defeating the most tenacious of us. Then let’s move on to the bank Zales uses to finance their sales. Comenity Bank and we have strangely the very same MORE complaints. No extensions no email address no fax number NO WAY TO EVER CONNECT WITH THE EMPLOYEE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE HELPING YOU RESOLVE YOUR ISSUES. NONE. After filing a dispute with them as product was 20% smaller than sold the bank proceeded to post 30 and 60 day late status on my credit report. I called back to fix this and after a whole afternoon on the phone they (William **) assured me he would have the derogatory late payments removed and have a letter sent to explain this to anyone who might possibly considering extending us credit for anything.

Long story short! No letter has yet arrived and to add insult to injury today I received an email from Credit Karma to tell me that the same Bank for Zales or Comenity Bank reports a 90 day late so by now my credit score has been savaged for 700 to 540 and we just happen to be moving from Colorado to Washington and you guessed it. We cannot rent a House never mind buy one. We are screwed. I am seeking a connection to a Banking Lawyer to take on this monster. While I was in the Glenwood Springs office saw Spanish clients at the sales counter with sales rep Anakaren going on about Bonita this and Bonita that and I just felt so sorry for the poor customer.

Original review: April 1, 2018

3 4 5. I purchased a 2 carats tennis bracelet in 2006 from Zales. I wore it a couple of weeks for the first time in a while; I noticed that a diamond had fallen out. The next day immediately brought it into the store to have the diamond replace using my diamond bond. One of the workers sent my bracelet off to have the diamond replaced and that was the beginning of this nightmare. My bracelet was sent off on 2/14/2018 and it didn't arrived back to the store until 3/14/2018 without the diamond being replaced. The diamond was not replaced with the diamond bond because the jeweler refused to replace the diamond because the bracelet has porosity in the metal which will caused the diamonds to keep falling out which is a manufactured defect.

Now, mind you I purchased this bracelet in 2006 at $602 which now today's gold price has triple. The assistant manager promise me that she would make sure that I'm accommodate for my bracelet. Well of course after a few days the story changed once the manager got involved, she told me that since I only paid $602 dollars for my bracelet that she did not have another 2 carats priced at that amount she only had bracelets starting at $2900 and up but if I wanted to go down a carat she had a 2 carats that she could give me for $700 or send it to the local jeweler and have a stone put in. I was getting upset by the minute because I felt disrespected and stupid. I have purchased several pieces from Zales and never had any problems. I also felt if I was a different ethnicity that this situation would not have escalated. However, I really loved my bracelet and I didn't want to take any chances with more diamonds falling out.

I spoke with the district manager who also made me feel inadequate and dumb because she was asking me inconsiderate questions. She told me she would check into the matter and call back and guess what she never called back. I found a 2 carats white gold bracelet online which was on clearance for $1900 with an additional 10% off. The salesperson told me she had to get it in from another store and she wasn't sure if it could be ordered in yellow gold since every piece of jewelry I have is in yellow gold. Then she told me she could only give me an additional $100 off, that's not even Louisiana taxes. I ended up with a brace in Layaway with a balance of $1100 because it wasn't in my budget to spent monies for jewelry at this time. Unbelievable, someone really needs to take a look at how Zales treats their customer and handles transactions. I will send another email to the parent company (Signet Jewelers).

Original review: March 26, 2018

Went to Southpoint Mall looking for gold Movado watch. This store told me they didn’t have the gold in stock but I can pay for silver, take it home and don’t touch it and they will order Monday morning. This started on March 17th. Today is the 26th and they have not called me once after telling me they would 3 times now. They had one at Macy’s I could have got but now they are sold out. Manager was rude talking to someone in store when I was talking. No customer service at all.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I purchased in cash a chain and bracelet from the Shaq collection. Encouraged by the sales clerk to get replacement plan... I guess they have a lot of thieves working there, because they don’t have any cash in store unless someone purchases with cash. So as I returned the bracelet that couldn’t be sized, I find this out! Complete joke! Go somewhere else.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I have had my Ring since Dec. of 2017 and have only worn it maybe for 3 weeks. First was after sizing. Received back and wore for 2 days and stem was broken. Returned for repair. Received back after 3 weeks and wore for maybe 1 week and stem is broken again. I should be able to wear this as I wear other diamond rings from a local Jeweler all the time. VERY POOR QUALITY from Zales.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Buying online at Zales was the worst experience I had. I placed an online order for engagement way ahead of time. They guaranteed me delivery in 2 weeks. AFTER 2 WEEKS, they told me, "Sorry. We have lost your order." I was supposed to pick up at the store and store told me, "We don't have it," so I may call online customer support. Online customer support kept telling me, "We don't have it," so I may call the store. Extremely unprofessional and careless customer service and online delivery system. Bottomline: DON'T SHOP AT ZALES.

Original review: March 1, 2018

After reading reviews here I was very hesitant to order from Zales but I really liked this item on the website. So I had to buy it. YES! Indeed I thought the product would arrive in 2 days, because it had those kind of ads next to their items. But, if you read it carefully, it does say 7-10 processing time + Shipping time. I ordered on Feb 20, 2018, my order was shipped on Feb 26, 2018, and I received it on Feb 28, 2018. Thus, my experience was quite satisfying. Furthermore, after reading the complaints here, I got scared, and contacted the customer service on Feb 24, 2018, and they were very helpful and assuring for me. All in all, great experience! Will buy more.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I ordered a ring for my boyfriend for our Anniversary but I didn’t read reviews first. After reading reviews I wanted to cancel because I only seen negative reviews. I called the customer service on canceling my order but the guy told me it was too late. It was already being customized. I was on hold for a max of 2 minutes not even. I ordered my ring February 17th and received it in the mail on February 21st. I don’t see why there was so many negative reviews but this was my first time ordering & I didn’t get any of the negativity the reviews talked about. So if you do order don’t believe all the bad reviews.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

After paying monthly installments on time, I have on two separate occasions attempted to purchase on credit and been denied. Online credit available far exceed my purchase. Will never purchase from Zales again. Paying balance in full and going to another jewelry store.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Same problem, I order a diamond ring on January with an offer that was on the web with a 40% off. The order supposed to be a 4 weeks waiting for delivery, so I planned to be delivery before Valentine’s Day. 4-5 weeks passed and I didn’t get the ring, call several times customer service and the explanation WAS that the ring I ordered wasn’t on special offer anymore!!! Has double, I was charged on credit already!!! Customer service was the worst ever! Do not use Zales diamond house.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I purchased a ring online from this company and when I received it, I was not happy with the quality. I looked online and found that I could return the ring to a store vs. mailing it back so I did even though the store was 45 miles away. Of course while there, they pressured me to buy something else and just to get through the process I agreed to set aside a ring that I could come back and purchase after the credit was received on my Zales card (it takes 3.5 days to get the credit back on the account even though the debit goes on immediately).

In the meantime, I found a ring online that I liked better so I told them I would not be picking up the ring at the store. I ordered online again but after waiting a couple of weeks to find it had still not shipped, I called. They said it was out of stock but I would possibly get it in 30+ days or more. I asked them to cancel the order. I was told it could take up to 30 days or more for a cancellation to go through and that they couldn't guarantee it would be cancelled. After talking with 3 representatives, I called the Corporate Office, was told the same thing. I demanded to talk to a supervisor as I wanted the order cancelled. I was put on hold for 15 minutes. I hung up and called the credit card customer service and closed my Zales account.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I wish I would've read this sooner. I bought a ring under the impression that I would get it in 2 days. I found out after I order that it would take a week just for it to process. I found out later in the day and tried cancelling the order. That was Thursday and today is Tuesday and all they can tell me is that a claim has been put in. I wish I could give them 0 stars.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I'm writing this review as a warning to stay away from this store. I wish I read the reviews before I made my purchase. I Recently purchased a ring from Zales for my wife... Truly nice piece, The ring needed to be sized (of course). I was told at the time of purchase that a complimentary sizing would be done as long as I can produce my receipt. I walk into the Deptford Mall store with my wife with the receipt... The looks that we was given assured me we wasn't going to be serviced.

The manager basically told me that it's not his issue... "And feel free to return your item if you see fit to do so." But HE wasn't going to do a sizing without a service plan of $70.00 being purchased. My question is this... "Most rings will need to be sized. So Zales can basically/intentionally... load the display with size 4 rings which nobody wears and then charge additional money to size." He said... "Yes. That's exactly right..." WOW. What a scam. Never will I purchase anything else from Zales. I called customer service and now is waiting for a call from Management.

Zales expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1924 in Wichita Falls, Texas, Zales is a jewelry company that sells its products in more than 750 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico. Customers can shop for jewelry from Zales at retail outlets and online.

• 60-day returns: Zales customers have up to 60 days to return any purchase without question.

• Design your own: The company has a Design Your Own program that lets customers custom create not only engagement rings, but other decorative jewelry pieces as well.

• Free shipping: People who shop on Zales.com receive free shipping when they spend they choose to ship their purchases to a Zales retail or retail outlet store.

• Credit options: The company offers credit plans with no annual fee to help customers pay for their jewelry and products.

• In-store services: Zales customers can take advantage of many in-store services, including lifetime cleaning and inspection.

• Best for: Couples getting engaged, customers looking to buy a luxury gift and people with broken jewelry.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs