Zales

Compare Jewelry Stores

Research top Jewelry Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My husband ordered a Mother's ring for me from you, Zales. After you got it wrong twice (placing Ryan's name by Logan's birthstone and visa versa), he called and got a nice old customer service lady and got yet another return label in case he wanted to send it back. He then wrote a less than nice email to the company and got this in return. "We sincerely apologize for the communication gap regarding the ring that you ordered. We have verified with the jeweler that the diagram on the website is correct. The third name is engraved on the second ribbon on the right hand side, next to the second stone; and the second name is engraved on the third ribbon on the left hand side, next to the third stone. We are not able to have the engraving placements changed from what is showing on the diagram. "

He just shot a reply to them. It reads as follows. "Well, maybe you need to add that placement order to the description of the ring so folks know to order it as backward to get it the way they want it. You will never receive another order from me. I'll be finding somewhere that takes responsibility for their mistakes and puts the customer first." Mind you, we sent it back once, and had to wait and REORDER it, and then wait again. This is ridiculous!! It might be hard to tell, but my sons' names should be James, Ryan and Logan to go with the stones!! NO they go James, Logan and Ryan. I was so disappointed.

I purchased a necklace from Zales in 2015. I also purchased the lifetime jewelry protection plan (LJPP) for this piece of jewelry. The protection plan states it covers chain and bracelet soldering, refinishing, polishing, and rhodium plating. After 2 years of wearing my necklace, the pendant's silver backing began to rub off from laying on my neck. I also accidentally had it ripped off my neck from a child, causing the chain to stretch and break off 2 inches from the pendant. I personally went to Zales on 4/30/17 (Westroads Mall, Omaha, NE) to turn in the necklace to have it repaired. I showed the gentleman behind the counter my proof of LJPP. He stated the chain might need replaced if they cannot repair it (which I actually stated that I assumed it was going to be replaced and was hoping it could be replaced to save the repairman's time).

I also asked if I could have rhodium plating since the back of the pendant looked bronze more than the original silver. The gentleman stated it wasn't a problem and added rhodium plating to the work order. He told me it would be repaired and back in the store by 5/21/17. I signed my name on the repair order and left. Today (5/17/17) I received a phone call from Zales that said my necklace was done and in the store. I got off work and drove to Zales to pick it up. I spoke with the same gentleman who put in the work order initially. It took a few minutes for him to find my necklace because they had the order placed in my first name and not my last (last name, first name). After he found my necklace, he pulled it out of the plastic bag and it was in a complete knot. The entire chain was in a huge ball. I was offput initially because I could see the chain still looked stretched. He spent about 10 minutes untangling the chain and was successful.

He brought me my necklace and said, "I don't know what they did here..." He held up my necklace and it was THE SAME CHAIN. Not only was it the same chain, but in an effort to connect the broken ends together, they soldered a noticeably larger link (the same link one would use to connect the necklace together, one that is supposed to be on the back of your neck) to the broken ends to connect them, 2 inches from the pendant worn in the front. It looked horrible. I stated my frustration about the 'repair' with the gentleman that it looked like the necklace was backwards because of the obvious link in the middle of the chain, and that it was still stretched. He agreed and said, "I understand, this looks bad, I don't know why they would ever send us this back like this." He handed me the plastic bag with the work order.

I dug around and pulled out a new chain. I held it up to the gentleman and suggested that this was probably the chain that was intended to be the replacement chain. He looked at the new chain and said he doesn't have the tools to solder the new chain to the pendant. He stated, "That's the purpose of us sending in the chain to be repaired, the repairman is supposed to do this". I became even MORE frustrated. He handed me my necklace. The pendant wasn't even touched. WHAT!? He showed me the work order he sent in on 4/30/17 that stated 'please replace chain' and 'rhodium plating'. The work order sent back had 'no work done' written in ink on the receipt. That's all. No work done? Why? The pendant was supposed to be retouched! It had not even been touched, let alone looked at or even cleaned. I stated, "Why couldn't they at least work on the pendant?", and the gentleman said he did not know since it was an easy fix.

I expressed my displeasure with the service I was provided by Zales. Why was my necklace sent to sit in a plastic bag for 3 weeks to just be left untouched? Why was a call not placed from the repairman to the store stating why they couldn't do anything? Why didn't the repairman put the new chain on? The gentleman made a new work order, placed it on fast shipping, and told me it should be back in 7 days. After I get my necklace back next week, I will never do business with Zales. I will never recommend Zales to anyone and will turn away people if they ask about my experience. This was lazy service. I could have saved my time (an hour total spent in Zales) and just went to a local jeweler and just scrapped my LJPP. This gives the statement 'you had one job' a fulfilling meaning.

I purchased a Diamond ring for my wife for 26000 dollars, give 5000 dollars down and was told no interest for 5 years. I paid 400 dollars every month for 15 months then I got a statement in the mail and Zales added 8800 dollars interest to my account. I called them up and they will not take off the interest so I am going to have over 40000 dollars stuck into a ring that is worth only about 26000 thaws. People at Zales are crooks. They have put me in a bad financial situation and they don't care. I hate them and I want my money back. I am looking for a lawyer since they lied From the start.

I walked into the Zales in the Ocean County Mall a month ago, April 2017, and was greeted by a very sweet blonde girl. I believe her name is Marge or Margo? Anyways, she was amazing with me, helped a lot! Then another woman came and got herself involved in our conversation, after being completely condescending to the young lady I was working with, she told me the ring I had did not look right on me and gave me an attitude the whole time! My pleasant experience quickly went awry. Who invited her into this conversation? No one if you ask me. I took her card so I could call and complain, her name is Kim. I have never been treated so poorly. She acted as though she was a manager but in related was a jewelry consultant. She was awful to her coworker, and worst of all to me and my wife. I was so angry. I left thinking wow there goes that experience!

So, my wife and I decided we would give it one more shot, we came in and requested the first young lady who helped us. I couldn't recall her name, but described her well, needless to say, they made no effort to figure out who I was speaking about and we wound up with the same unpleasant woman. There were three workers I could see that day, two older women and a young lady with dark hair. They all looked miserable! I was nice enough to give this Kim a chance, but that was a mistake. She insulted my wife, again, and I felt like I was mistreated very much. I wouldn't buy a thing from her, even if she reduced the price to nothing.

I wonder why Zales would have so many unhappy people in one store? And why that nasty woman would be taking customers and not fired by now? She was once again rude to her coworkers. I called and complained once more but I saw the other day she is still there. Listen Zales, if you want to succeed you need to get rid of that unhappy staff you have and promote the good ones! I won't be back thanks to Kim and her unpleasant ways!

I made the first purchase on 2/14/15. I had multiple diamonds fall out of this ring and after having it fixed three times they convinced me it was the style of the ring that was the issue. If that was the case I am not sure why you would sell a product like that in your store but it is what it is. After having to leave my wedding ring with you for a month at a time on three different occasions myself and my husband decided to upgrade to what we thought would be a better fit as far as better quality as we paid 4500.00 for the ring this time and it was a different style.

I lost a diamond in my upgraded ring about 8 mos after the upgrade. I then brought the ring in, had it fixed. Four weeks later I got my ring back, a month later I noticed another diamond was missing! Saturday April 29th I went into the Northtown Mall where we bought the rings and spoke with the manager that was there (it's never the same one as the turnover is frequent with all employees there). She explained that she was filling in from another store but she would work with her manager to get this resolved. At this point I explained to her that I did not trust Zales and I do not want to own a ring from there as I have had so many issues with the quality of your product. This is my wedding ring. Something that is very special and marks a special lifetime moment and to have that ruined with the issues I have had with the symbol that represents it is very disheartening and sad.

I feel like the fact that it has been almost a week and my husband has made multiple calls to the store as we have not gotten a call from the manager to let us know what will be done to rectify the situation. And not one of the calls has been returned and still no call from her! I am extremely disappointed in the quality of your product and the customer service that we have received! I need resolution in this matter. I am not able to wear my wedding ring as I do not want to cause any further damage and was told not to leave it there as the manager would be contacting us with a resolution... This has not happened and at this point I don't think it will happen.

I really hope someone with Zales will understand my frustration and contact me back with a resolution that is fair. Hopefully within the next couple days not months! I really want to be able to wear the symbol of my marriage and be proud of it not embarrassed of the quality! It extremely embarrassing to have people ask "where's your ring" and having to say I lost another diamond. Still nothing after contacting Zales Customer Service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?

Where do I begin. A TAD over a year ago I bought an engagement ring for my fiance (now wife). I was told by the associate that the card would be interest free for 1 year then a very high interest rate would start. I quickly pay off that ring and buy a wedding band for my wife and myself. Besides a long long long story where the store messed up my band and had to reorder it 5 times, the associate who ordered me the ring apologized and offered me a 10% discount. The next day the store manager called me and said that they were sorry but the associate who gave me the discount had no authority to do that and that I wouldn't be getting any discount. I was pissed. However, my ring came back and everything was done. Now all I have to do is pay the bill and never look back at Zales.

Well, today the bill came in and I knew all I had was a little over $200 left. I was finally going to pay off this bill from this horrible company. To my surprise, I see an added amount of $365. Turns out, my offer wasn't interest free for a year. It was a deferred interest for a year. So, if you didn't pay it off you acquired all that interest. I was 2 weeks too late. Customer service, no help. Comenity Bank (the bank that Zales uses), no help. I am fuming! Do not shop Zales! They are deceptive and they are thieves. I have never hated a company more in my life. You better believe I am all over social media with this. Absolutely outraged! I have made a vow that I will tweet at least once a day for a month and make a status once a day for a month. If I change 1 person's mind about shopping at Zales then I did my job.

I ended up returning my fiancée's engagement ring after 3 tries and it being messed up all 3 times. They never even caught the mistakes (diamonds twisted, band warped, prongs holding diamonds all at different lengths, diamonds twisted again). Luckily my fiancée has a good eye for detail. Their solution? Send it back yet again. Finally when I brought it back and demanded a refund they offered to replace it... too little too late. Me and my fiancée were done. Go to another jewelry store and tell them the situation, they immediately state that Zales should never have tried to size down the ring 2 sizes, they should have had one custom made in her size. I was told by the Zales associate that sizing down 2 sizes was easy. Dealt with both the Zales outlet in Marysville, Wa and the Alderwood mall store in Lynnwood, Wa. Absolute disappointment, they will never get my business again.

Customer service horrible. My fiancé and I were treated like we were young and stupid, or maybe it was because we were a lesbian couple. Who Knows? The manager of the store was condescending and not helpful. The product of the ring my fiancé purchased was not at all up to par of what was sold to her. We went and got it appraised and the jewelers wouldn't even give us more than 400 dollars for the ring. When we brought the ring in for repair it came back more screwed up than it already was. Then they told us we couldn't fix it, then they said they could. They gave us a ring "in the meantime" while it was getting fixed that the diamonds were yellow, oh but if my ring couldn't be fixed we could keep that one instead. UMMM NO.

To me something sounds fishy. They said they "FIXED" the ring, and when we brought it to get it looked at by other jewelers, they looked at me and said "who sold you this ring". We said ZALES, and he said well that is why. The repairs looked like a toddler did them, there was a crack in the main diamond that wasn't there before, and the prongs on the ring were messed with. DON'T EVER BUY FROM THIS ZALES, OR ANY ZALES FOR THAT MATTER. THEY RIP YOU OFF! The rings are crappy quality, and the customer service goes right along with the crappy quality. Thank you Zales for ruining this special time in our lives. A customer never returning and who will continue to bash the company on BBB, social media, word of mouth, etc.

I got a diamond cross pendant from Zales on a credit account. Made my payments on time but somehow they was showing that they wasn't paid. Called them to fix the issue. Had all my receipts. Took them 4 months to fix the issue after I made my payments on time. Zales credit system sucks.

My husband wanted to buy me a ring. He liked the open heart ones. We bought the insurance and 6 months later I had a rough corner on the ring. We took it back and they said pickup will be 3/25. Needless to say I've had a gut feeling it won't be there. I have been calling this week checking. Well today it's not there. They said it's being processed. I am calling back at 2 to speak to manager. We are thinking of getting our money back. Almost 3 weeks and it's not back in store? I do not trust jewelers in the mall. This is Zales in the mall in Bakersfield CA.

Be aware when you purchase financing. Zales does not have a tool that lets you make a recurring payment, so you have to pay each month online. I believe it will be very convenient for them if you forget as they will charge you the full interest for your purchase.

AVOID ZALES AT ALL COST! (Peoria, IL Store Experience) I own several service oriented businesses and I can say with 100% certainty that this store has the worst customer service I have ever witnessed. I can only conclude from this experience that Zales is a heartless and mindless organization. My wife went to the store last week with my two young sons to get her ring checked and cleaned. While she was there she mentioned to the store manager that she needed the Diamond Bond paperwork printed off again as we moved a little over a year ago and it might have gotten misplaced.

The store manager told my wife that is against store policy and that if we don't have that paperwork there is no guarantee that the expensive set would be covered if a diamond fell out. My wife replied letting her know she used to work there at the store and they printed those out all the time. The store manager told her that it has never happened and that my wife was wrong and an idiot.

My wife said "this is BS" and the store manager said she was going to call Mall security. Please keep in mind my wife is under 120 lbs and had my two young sons with her. She didn't raise her voice or make any threats. My wife left and called me from the parking lot in tears from the way she was treated. I had to leave work to drive onsite and I went in to the store myself. The store manager and district manager were there at the time of my arrival. I mentioned to both of them who I was and that my wife had just been in and was mistreated.

They both said that they would not print off any original Diamond Bond paperwork with the original number. They would only print off an extended diamond bond form that would reset the policy, but with no coverage guarantee. I questioned this again and was firm with my expectations to no avail. I had them clean the ring and while that was going on I turned my discussion to the store manager that was incredibly rude to my wife.

I told her I did not appreciate her trying to call mall security on my wife and let her know I am still quite well connected to various police officers if she really wants to get someone else involved. She said my wife used the word BS in front of customers and I let her know the last time I checked it wasn't illegal to do that nor was it a crime. She walked away and wouldn't even look in my direction again.

Once I left the store I called corporate and I explained my situation. The customer service rep checked the policy and when she came back on the phone let me know that the store manager was incorrect on her understanding of the policy. She put me on hold and reached out to the district store manager to notify them that they need to print out the original paperwork. Then she picked up my line again to notify me that the store manager would reach out to me when the paperwork was ready. I told the customer service rep I still wanted to talk to the district manager for the way my wife was treated.

Now here comes the district manager experience. She called within a few days and leaves a message for me to call her. I am a busy person with my companies so I call her back on the following Monday which is today 2/20/17. I left her a voicemail and she called me back. When I answered I jumped right into my frustration with the experience. I didn't yell and I did not cuss at her even one time. I gave an accurate account of what transpired and instead of following the most basic golden rule of service where you admit your mistakes she does not. She claims that neither her nor I were there so we don't really know what happened. Which is essentially calling my wife a liar. She offers no apology and says that her manager was upset with that situation as well and that she has never had issues in the past with those types of experiences.

I'm nearly dumbfounded by the lack of understanding who the heck you work for in this engagement. I let her know that I will make it a point of going out of my way to make sure their sales are affected. She asked what she can do and I said "you can send my wife a written apology" which she offered maybe a phone call from the store manager which I had no interest in scheduling since this person was nothing but horrifically rude. I let the district manager know I have several other peers that have had awful service experiences within the last few years at the Peoria Zales as well which she didn't seem interested in hearing about.

To top off that conversation the district manager mentions the customer service person was wrong and if you read the paperwork it says that is the policy. Which I countered that "They don't look at the same paperwork as you do?" She said "I don't know what they look at." I said "Aren't you the same corporation and it's the same document?" No answer. She knows that I am now on a quest to make sure everyone is informed to avoid this plague they call Zales. The principle of this matter is beyond frustrating.

I bought a new wedding ring the end of Nov. 2016 & it had to be resized. As of today's date (2/17/27) I still haven't been able to wear the ring because it has never been sized right. It is still uncomfortable to wear and has to be resized again. Every time I get it sized it doesn't fit right and it takes at least 2 weeks or more to get it back! I am very frustrated with this since now I can't even return it since it past the 60 day limit. I don't want the ring anymore but it cost me over $400!! So I guess I have to keep it, but I hate the fact that I have to wait so long to get it right. Also I received a birthstone ring for Valentine's and it too big!! Just can't win! So now I have 2 expensive and special rings from Zales that I am not wearing that don't fit...

My husband and I went to the Philadelphia Premium Outlets to shop at Zales jewelry store. We purchased them in Oct 2016 and we left for our trip on Dec 15th 2016. We then renewed our vows. We did so on the 16th of Dec 2016. My husband worn the ring for 15 days and then realized a diamond fell out. When we arrived home a month later we contacted the store. They said come in and we will take care of it. I drove 30 mins to the store and wasted a hour and a half to find that the ring is defective, the gold was flaking. They had one in the showcase that they inspected and found that it also showed signs of flaking. I was told, 1st, they would special order a ring. Please keep in mind the sentimental value has been lost. I had really no option but to say okay.

I then asked for some compensation due to the fact they did not inspect the ring before taking my money, and my special occasion had been spoiled due to their lack of expertise. Plus we still have no ring. I filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs or whatever they call their customer resolution department, then the district manager called me said I should pick a new ring out, different style since there is obviously a defect with the workmanship of the ring. So I found one that would match my ring. It had good ratings and then was told it was way more money than I paid for the ring that I purchased. Which is funny they gave me those fake discounts which made the ring cheaper, WHATEVER. Bottom line this company cares only about the sale and only the sale. Customer service is horrible and arrogant. Last time for us.

I am upset about the new Zales prime time TV ad. I have been a customer since 1978. I have always used Zales as my Jewelry store. I have pursued many pieces of Jewelry, but after seeing the new campaign ad for trying to attract new consumers I will NEVER use this company again. I do not want Gay lesbian ads shoved into my home on prime TV making it seem to be the norm. This is not what I want my growing family to see. I am proud to say that I still believe in family values that are and have been taught from the Bible. I still believe that God made a Man and then a woman for his companion. God never made Eve to be with another woman. He wants a man to be with a woman to populate the Earth and spread the gospel. I know the values of a family has gotten completely out of control, but I always thought Zales built their company in 1924 on values, morals and RESPECT for the American family.

I would give them no stars if I could. I ordered a ring online and the website guaranteed shipping by valentine's day. They shipped from Texas to NY the day before while I live in california. When I called they told me they would overnight it for free. When it didn't come in the next day I called again. They said they gave me the wrong tracking and I would have to wait. Now I get to tell my girlfriend I don't have her present. They then guaranteed it would be here within 24 hours without even knowing where it is. Hopefully the third guarantee is the charm.

I was shopping for a Valentine's gift. ZALES advertises 2 day shipping. After I order I am informed the item will take 10 days to arrive. I call and cancel the order. I am told I would receive a email confirming my phone conversation. I call back a 2nd time same ** Lies. I have not received a confirmation of my phone conversation. Then to make matters worse I click the link to email them. I receive a notification that the email does not exist. I am going to contact my credit card company because it appears they are complete SCAM ARTIST. Stay away from this COMPANY. The cancellation # they gave me was **.

After viewing your current ad campaign, I will never even consider doing business with you. I resent having the Gay, Lesbian or any other alternative sexual relationship being shown to my kids on prime time tv. You are not going to force this minority view to me and make it seem normal. I really hate the fact that you find it necessary to pander. Good luck and may you only serve the market that you are aiming for!

My boyfriend has been contacting Zales since late December (after Christmas) for a return label. The charm I received as a gift broke the second day I wore it. It is the last day of January and I've yet to receive my return label. He's spoken with numerous people, on several occasions and they still insist on mailing me a label, rather than emailing me a return label. I don't want the JUNK charm that I've been left with. Thieves. I don't have my order # handy as the person who gave me the gift has that information.

It's not just a coincidence that Zales has received millions of one star bad reviews and I'm going to add another just in case it helps someone in their decision for shopping Big Box stores!! The jewelry will never be worth the money you pay but IF you plan to buy a piece for whatever reason, remember you're buying it for a reason but its retail, you rarely get paid more than what you paid. But why does the customer service or customer satisfaction not matter at all? It's a shame that so many people have gotten screwed! Lighten up Zales! Karma is a, you know what! If a jewelry store's success has anything to do with their online rating and horrible negative customer feedback, then hopefully we'll start seeing more Kirkland locations instead! ;-)

SO HERE'S MY STORY... My boyfriend and I went into a Zales store to look at jewelry. I gave him jewelry as a Christmas gift idea for me so we went in. I wasn't sure if I wanted a ring, bracelet, necklace, etc. A day or two later I went online to check out their selection of watches for my boyfriend. Ended up splurging a little more so bought him a nice watch to seal the holiday. Turns out, he already had one. He was aware he could exchange it in 60 days. After asking about the status of the watch, he advised that he found another one on the website that he'd like to exchange it for. I asked him to see the receipt myself and clarified it says, "Jewelry has a 60 day return policy, watches only 30 days." OOOPS! It was 10 days later than the policy typically allows but surely they'll be fine if a customer is exchanging a brand new watch for a more expensive watch, not counting we have all original packaging and required items all together with it.

Ended up calling Zales customer service a littler later in the evening so maybe that was partially the problem. The girl seemed like she just wanted to go home and could care less about providing customer service so stayed pleasant and patient. After all, I'm at home and she was having to work and deal with me. Wasn't sure why I was on hold for almost 8 minutes; seemed fairly cut and dry. You either want repeat business so will extend an exchange/return for scenarios involving customer exchanges especially when it still falls within your 60 day jewelry return time period... OR you don't because you really don't care. That's Zales!

She did apologize for the long hold period and said she asked approval from a couple different higher ups and they all turned it down. I asked if anyone told her why no if I'm going to exchange it for another product?? And she said they didn't say. So I will not ever buy from them again nor will I ever recommend Zales! They do not deserve to make money off of people by trickery or deceit! Just do your research!

I enjoyed shopping at Zales and was treated fairly. The clerks were friendly and helpful while being able understand what I was looking for rather than only trying to sell me something. This is a problem for me in some jewelry stores, especially larger ones!

I went in the Zales store looking for a ring while I was away for military training and was happily greeted and shown several rings. Settling on a $5,000 ring and being told I had a short time to return them if need be. The unthinkable happened pushing me just two days over my time frame to return them. In taking them back to the store I was denied and given the cold shoulder suggesting selling them to a pawnshop. In taking them in to see what would be offered I was told the actual value of the set (unworn) was $1,300... infuriated I called the corporate office and was told it was against company policy to return them. I cannot stress enough to absolutely pass this store up and continue looking elsewhere. This is the textbook example of taking your money and running despite the situation. In no way shape or form would I EVER suggest someone even giving them the satisfaction of seeing them walk through the door. Absolutely disgusted with Zales.

If I could rate this store with a zero, I would!!! My husband purchased a necklace at the Roosevelt Field Mall, Garden City, New York store. The experience we had involving misinformation, inconsistent responses, and outright rudeness was appalling. My husband chose a beautiful necklace and before completing the transaction, he asked about the return/exchange policy, just in case I wasn't happy with his choice. He paid in cash because as this was a gift, he did not want me to see the cost on our credit card bill.

The salesperson who sold him the necklace informed him that it could be exchanged or returned for a full refund within 30 days (apparently the return policy for this piece of jewelry is 60 days as we were able to see on the receipt printed after the transaction was completed, but that verbal misinformation at the point of sale is not the main source of our complaint). At no time was he informed that a cash payment would not be fully refunded at the time of return, nor is there a sign to that effect posted on the premises.

My husband's taste is nothing if not consistent, as evidenced by the fact that the necklace he purchased is almost identical to one he gave me 10 years ago which I love and still wear often. Therefore, we headed back to the store, a mere 6 hours later, to look to exchange the piece, or return it for a refund. It was at this point that we were informed by the evening salesperson that due to the fact that the purchase price exceeded $200, he could only refund $200 cash at that time and a check for the balance would be issued by a corporate check and mailed to us within 3 weeks. We were understandably upset, as we were in effect being asked to leave the merchandise and walk out with less than half of what he spent and then wait multiple weeks to receive the balance of the refund. We asked to speak with a manager, who told us there was nothing she could do and that the cash return policy is clearly stated on the receipt.

Having no recourse, we proceeded with the return, only to be told at that point by the salesperson that no cash could be refunded at this time because the price exceeded $200, and the entire purchase amount would be received by corporate check in the ensuing weeks. This was contradictory to what he had said moments before. We thereupon complained further to the manager (it was at this point that an uninvolved salesperson laughed at us). The manager determined she would give us the $200 cash refund, telling us she was making a concession to us, and pointing out, once again, that the policy is clearly stated on the receipt.

I have a couple of issues with the language on the receipt the salespeople kept referring to. First of all, the language is cash refunds over $200 will be made by check issued by and sent from corporate office within 21 days. This is ambiguous. I read and interpret this to mean that a cash refund of up to $200 will be made and the balance, if any, over $200 will be by check. The employees, as evidenced, depending on the moment, might interpret it the same, or, might interpret it to mean that any cash purchase totaling more than $200 will not be refunded in cash at all.

Secondly, the fact that customers are not informed (by staff or store signage) of the company's cash return policy until after the purchase is completed and the receipt prints (at which time it is too late) is unjust, unreasonable and disreputable. Additionally, the fact that Zales receives back its merchandise but retains the customer's money, therefore earning interest on money that in effect does not belong to Zales, is most likely illegal and if nothing else, incredibly disgraceful.

My boyfriend and I went on 12-16-16 looking for an emerald ring for me for Christmas. We found one and purchased it w/ cash. Got it home and realized there was something wrong w/ the ring. Took it back and was given another only to find out that the main stone was loose. Called and was told "come back and we will refund your money however you paid for it." Go back to the store for a third time and was told the stone comes like that. I said "the other one didn't." Ok the kicker was "oh sorry. You will have to wait for a check. It say on the receipt anything over 200.00." How would I know that unless I purchased something. Finally got the check on the 14th of January. No wonder they recommend you buy the warranty. Their jewelry is of poor quality and never again will I step foot into a Zales.

Zales is a great store for the uneducated buyer... they prey on them. Lesson learned on my part... I paid 3k for a diamond wedding ring set and 12 yrs later when I want to get rid of it I find it's practically worthless. It makes me sick... but it's my fault for not knowing what to look for when purchasing diamonds. EDUCATE YOURSELF on what to look for in a quality piece. Don't get ripped off!!

I have placed 3 orders since December 16th. The first order was lost and never shipped (mind you that it was a Christmas Gift). Placed a second order and customer service honored $75 in addition to 15%, to only have this order cancelled due to not being in stock, and then I was charged shipping and had customer service argue they could not refund me due to I sent it back. UMMM no I NEVER received anything to send back. I placed a 3rd order to be promised by a supervisor Melissa that this item was indeed in stock to only get an email that it was back ordered.

I called to cancel the 3rd because I am not waiting for 4 weeks. This was initially a gift and the Supervisor Michelle told me she was contacting corporate to get me a resolution, but of course no one has contacted me. And I am well aware that I should have just went into a store but online does offer better deals than in-store does. I just feel this is a horrific experience and would think a company this large would try to at least make it right.

My Husband ordered me a new Bridal Set Rings for Christmas. He asked the jeweler if he ordered it if it would be here before Christmas. The order was put in the 19th and she said yes within five days. Well he has called three times about them and here it is January 3rd and I still don't have my rings. They keep giving us the run around. I will never purchase anything from them again nor will I give anyone a recommendation for this Company. I am a very upset wife and my Anniversary was the 1st and still no rings.

My fiance bought me the most gorgeous engagement ring which was unfortunately stolen. I know that it's my fault for putting my ring in a position to be stolen, but stuff happens. Anyway, my fiance asked for insurance on the ring in case anything should happen to it. They let him walk out of their doors under the assumption that my ring was insured against loss or damage and everything was fine. I tell him my ring was stolen, and he tries to settle things with Zales who told him that my ring was never insured against loss, and that they insured the CREDIT CARD they talked him into. What?? Who insures a credit card? Very sneaky, rude people. Would not recommend to anyone.

I order a pair of diamond earrings on 12/20 for a Christmas gift. It shows 2 day shipping on the website. After I placed the order, I got an email and said the item will need 5-10 business days to process. I immediately call the customer service but nobody pick up the call after waiting for more than 1 hour. Kept call on 12/21~12/23 but all the same. Finally someone pick up the call on 12/26.

Since they missed the Christmas delivery, I asked if they can change the delivery address to my billing address because I am going to leave the place. The CS was very rude and said there is nothing they can do about it. Then I asked to talk to his manager. The manager was a little bit helpful said that they need to contact with the custom made department to double check. I told her to send me an email to give me the status. She agreed. Two days later, still no emails, no updates. I called again on 12/28. This time the CS was SUPER rude. Basically, she just simply tell me there is nothing Zales can do about my order. Be aware, never, never do business with this company.

DO NOT go to the ZALES in the Orange Park Mall in Orange Park, FL. I went in there on November 23, 2016 to drop off my diamond cut 10K gold rope necklace to be repaired. 2 weeks later they called me to let me know it was ready. When I went in to pick it up I was horrified to find out that it was NOT the same necklace that I had initially dropped off. The ONLY thing that was supposed to be fixed was 2 links that had broken on the chain. But, again I was horrified when I saw it because the clasps were smaller than the ones that were on my necklace and they looked like they had been removed and soldered back on. The rope was NOT diamond cut.

When I was trying to find the place they were supposed to fix there was gold flecks flaking off on my fingers and I could see a darker looking metal under the gold. It was a lot lighter in weight than my necklace. When I turned it the links were moving and all loose, plus when I put the necklace on it was rough like sandpaper. The necklace I dropped off to be fixed was my Grandmother's that passed away a few years ago and I'm beyond upset that I got duped out of my necklace. It's crappy! BE WARNED. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

Compare Jewelry Stores