Zales

Compare Jewelry Stores

Research top Jewelry Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Zales is a great store for the uneducated buyer... they prey on them. Lesson learned on my part... I paid 3k for a diamond wedding ring set and 12 yrs later when I want to get rid of it I find it's practically worthless. It makes me sick... but it's my fault for not knowing what to look for when purchasing diamonds. EDUCATE YOURSELF on what to look for in a quality piece. Don't get ripped off!!

I have placed 3 orders since December 16th. The first order was lost and never shipped (mind you that it was a Christmas Gift). Placed a second order and customer service honored $75 in addition to 15%, to only have this order cancelled due to not being in stock, and then I was charged shipping and had customer service argue they could not refund me due to I sent it back. UMMM no I NEVER received anything to send back. I placed a 3rd order to be promised by a supervisor Melissa that this item was indeed in stock to only get an email that it was back ordered.

I called to cancel the 3rd because I am not waiting for 4 weeks. This was initially a gift and the Supervisor Michelle told me she was contacting corporate to get me a resolution, but of course no one has contacted me. And I am well aware that I should have just went into a store but online does offer better deals than in-store does. I just feel this is a horrific experience and would think a company this large would try to at least make it right.

My Husband ordered me a new Bridal Set Rings for Christmas. He asked the jeweler if he ordered it if it would be here before Christmas. The order was put in the 19th and she said yes within five days. Well he has called three times about them and here it is January 3rd and I still don't have my rings. They keep giving us the run around. I will never purchase anything from them again nor will I give anyone a recommendation for this Company. I am a very upset wife and my Anniversary was the 1st and still no rings.

My fiance bought me the most gorgeous engagement ring which was unfortunately stolen. I know that it's my fault for putting my ring in a position to be stolen, but stuff happens. Anyway, my fiance asked for insurance on the ring in case anything should happen to it. They let him walk out of their doors under the assumption that my ring was insured against loss or damage and everything was fine. I tell him my ring was stolen, and he tries to settle things with Zales who told him that my ring was never insured against loss, and that they insured the CREDIT CARD they talked him into. What?? Who insures a credit card? Very sneaky, rude people. Would not recommend to anyone.

I order a pair of diamond earrings on 12/20 for a Christmas gift. It shows 2 day shipping on the website. After I placed the order, I got an email and said the item will need 5-10 business days to process. I immediately call the customer service but nobody pick up the call after waiting for more than 1 hour. Kept call on 12/21~12/23 but all the same. Finally someone pick up the call on 12/26.

Since they missed the Christmas delivery, I asked if they can change the delivery address to my billing address because I am going to leave the place. The CS was very rude and said there is nothing they can do about it. Then I asked to talk to his manager. The manager was a little bit helpful said that they need to contact with the custom made department to double check. I told her to send me an email to give me the status. She agreed. Two days later, still no emails, no updates. I called again on 12/28. This time the CS was SUPER rude. Basically, she just simply tell me there is nothing Zales can do about my order. Be aware, never, never do business with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?

DO NOT go to the ZALES in the Orange Park Mall in Orange Park, FL. I went in there on November 23, 2016 to drop off my diamond cut 10K gold rope necklace to be repaired. 2 weeks later they called me to let me know it was ready. When I went in to pick it up I was horrified to find out that it was NOT the same necklace that I had initially dropped off. The ONLY thing that was supposed to be fixed was 2 links that had broken on the chain. But, again I was horrified when I saw it because the clasps were smaller than the ones that were on my necklace and they looked like they had been removed and soldered back on. The rope was NOT diamond cut.

When I was trying to find the place they were supposed to fix there was gold flecks flaking off on my fingers and I could see a darker looking metal under the gold. It was a lot lighter in weight than my necklace. When I turned it the links were moving and all loose, plus when I put the necklace on it was rough like sandpaper. The necklace I dropped off to be fixed was my Grandmother's that passed away a few years ago and I'm beyond upset that I got duped out of my necklace. It's crappy! BE WARNED. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

I see a lot of negative reviews on here. Strange that if you are an informed shopper you don't have 99% of these issues. I've bought from Zales.com more than once and have been satisfied with my purchases, including pearls, diamonds, and natural emeralds. Most consumers are poor shoppers.

I purchased a ring for my wife that had Opal stones and within three months the stones had fallen out. Is just outside of the 60 day return policy and I called the customer service and was told to take it to any store and they would fix it only to find out that they don't guarantee their product and that I'm tough out of luck unless I want to pay more money for it. I highly recommend that if you want quality that you go somewhere else. Zales does not care about their customers. This Ring cost me over $300. That's normally 500. It was on sale for a summer special. The manager tell me there's nothing they can do. It seems the company doesn't know what the stores are doing and what customer service is phone line is saying and so they were misleading in both the service and the sales.

The location was in St. Joseph Missouri and the manager became rude and snotty towards me when she found out I was not there to buy, but rather try to get this fixed. She placed the blame on me for making that purchase. That I should have bought just diamonds if I wanted taken care of. When I went to the store originally to make the purchase they did not have the ring in the store to buy and I was encouraged to go online to make my purchase. They did not tell me they did not guarantee their products. I was told if the stones came out they would fix it. I feel I was mislead and duped into buying a product that is second rate only to get me to purchase from Zales. Don't go to Zales. My family won't be going there and my daughter has decided not to purchase her wedding bands there.

So I find out that the wedding rings James got me don't have diamonds. So I go to ZALES The Diamond Store at Park Place Mall. They tell me they are not diamonds and I have to call customer service. So I call customer services and the lady is amazing and says, "I'm sorry for that." She tells me to send the rings back and I'll be refund. All I'll have to do is get a tracking number and as soon as they have that all get my refund. So I put my rings in a box and take them to UPS and get a tracking number. I call them back to give it to them. I get told, "Sorry we can't refund you your money back. It's been too long." I said, "No, you will refund me my money. We don't buy a fake ring so I want my money back. It says 'diamonds' and it's not so refund me." I was told to send back my ring and I'll get refunded.

Now my rings are in the mail on its way back to them and no money. I won't past 2 people to get to the 3rd to say when we get your rings it may or may not make it back to me and no money too. I yelled and told her to give me my money back. I told her customer service is very bad. Why won't you give me my money back on a fake ring. Don't say you are The Diamond Store and my rings have no diamonds. I've been looking ZALES up online and email 8 different people. I've gotten 3 back and will be looking into it. That is the online reviews and it's bad very bad. Don't buy from ZALES??? ZALES The Diamond Store my ass. All I want is my money back so I can get rings on my finger.

Today I went to ZALES at The Tacoma mall. I took my bracelet there for a repair on clasp. That was about 2 months ago... Well when they gave it back to me and it was in worse condition than I gave it to. So then the saleslady said, "Oh ok don't worry. We will send it out super fast and get it right away back to you." So I waited and waited and waited no calls. So then today I went up there and they said, "Oh I'm sorry our jeweler said she will fix it this time but she doesn't ever want to work on this bracelet ever again. It has been a monster for her." I looked at them as if they were crazy and they are and said, "I thought this was a jeweler that fixes things?" And she says, "Well this is what our jeweler WOMAN repair said, she won't deal with this."

I am thinking this place needs to be shut down... Or better yet fire that repair jeweler you have. PLEASE, PLEASE I BEG ANYONE THAT READS THIS TO STAY AWAY from them. I have always and forever gone to Carlson's jewelers on Tacoma 38th street WHICH ARE THE BEST IN THE WEST FAMILY OWNED!!! But since I was at the mall that time I thought I would stop in. I was so so wrong!!!! So now I wait again for hell. How long??? BEWARE!!! Reviews are terrible on this store!!!

First off I wanted to say I love my 4 carat tennis bracelet that was given to me 6 years ago from my husband!! Quality and all... My issue is with repairs. I lost a stone 6 months ago and it was not under a warranty. The repairs, cleaning and checking the integrity of the prongs cost me $315.00. Went to pick it up yesterday and the sales gal took the bracelet out of the bag. Guess what? Another stone is missing!! Really? I thought they checked the settings!?! Of course they are covering it but had I walked out of the store?? What the H? So my conclusion along with you all, No more Zales for us. Can't even upgrade... Stupid. :(

Zales, I have purchased jewelry from you in the past. After viewing a controversial advertisement on the 13th of October you will NEVER receive my business or any family members' business either. -- Disappointed.

My husband had purchased the 3 stone diamond ring from Zales, online, 2 years ago for Christmas. It was the past, present, and future diamond ring. Every time I had it cleaned, it looked cloudy. So after him paying a few hundred dollars for this ring, I finally took it to a personal jeweler, only to find out, they were not diamonds at all. They were white sapphires, and that is why my ring always looked cloudy.

After bringing it into the store, once again they cleaned it, yet it was no different. The manager told me it was my fault because the dirt was getting underneath it. They would not refund our money, not replace my ring. I showed them a ring I bought at Kohl's department store for under $100, and explained that I always wear these rings together on the same finger yet the Kohl's ring never tarnished or got cloudy. Talk about their customer service, I will never shop there again. It was embarrassing to wear the Zales ring, so my husband eventually bought me a new past, present, and future ring from a personal jeweler in town, I have had no problems with this ring whatsoever. Never shop at Zales.

I bought a necklace set a few years ago with the agreement that if the item is broken that they would fix or replace it. The bracelet broke and I took it back to one of their store to get it fixed and was given an estimate. I was told in three weeks they would call me. No call after the allotted time. I went back to the store 6 weeks after and was told that it not ready, check back. After over 3 bloody months I went back, only to be given back the item and was told they couldn't repair it. Now I'm left with a necklace set and a bracelet I can't wear. I WOULD NOT recommend an animal to purchase anything from any of Zales store. I hope someone read this review and decline from wasting their money.

I purchased a sapphire ring stamped 10k white gold. Had it sized and when I got home I read the receipt and the jeweler wrote "silver not white gold" on it. I took it back and they did not believe me. I got talked down to like I was scamming them. They finally believed me when they recognized the writing. I was able to return it and I got a yellow gold ring. I was sad for I was wanting a white gold item. It would have been my first. Now I am scared to ever buy white gold.

I ordered a ring July 17th, 2016. I was told I could not buy the one in store because I needed a small size and the ring could not be sized. The sales associate told that it would take 12 weeks. But, that they say 12 weeks and it usually comes in within 8 weeks. 12 weeks came and went. I called the store. It wasn't in. I called at 14 weeks, twice, and they didn't know where it was, and tried to locate it. It turns out it was never completed due to "sourcing issues." But, they expected that in about 3 weeks it would arrive at corporate and then the stones could be put into the mounting. I said, no, enough is enough. Last week, they gave me back a ring I traded in. Miraculously, it was still in the store. When it came time to credit my Zales account, which I have made 3 payments on plus interest of about 25 dollars a month, the store manager couldn't get the full amount credited back to my account because someone rang it up wrong in the first place.

So I am still waiting for 3,000 plus the interest to be credit to my account. I should have read reviews before doing business with them again. My previous experience was ordering a ring which came in in two weeks, that was about six years ago. I was happy with that purchase. It's a good thing my husband and I decided to have our ceremony and not worry about planning it around the arrival of my ring. A supposed delivery time of 12 weeks turned into 16 weeks with their promise last week of another 4 weeks or so, completely ridiculous. I will not be doing business with Zales or any of the other stores owned by their parent company, Kay Jewelers, Jared.

In August, my then-fiance and I went to Zales in Colonie, New York, to pick out our wedding rings. Since we were getting married in September, we knew that we were cutting it close, and expressed that to the sales clerk. She assured us that this wasn't a problem and even said she would wave any rush fee that there may be. Then we picked out our rings and figured out what size to get them in. For my husband's ring, she sized him at a 9. He said it felt a little big, but she insisted it would be fine as winter is coming and his finger would swell. This sounded wrong to me, but I figured she is the jewelry and let it go.

After checking us out and selling us protection plans for booths rings, she told us the rings should be in about a week before the wedding and we would get a call when they came in. Well, a week before the wedding came and we never received a phone call. I happened to be at the mall for other wedding related things on the Saturday before the wedding. So I decided to stop into Zales for a progress report. When I went in, the girl at the counter could not find anything about our order. Nothing on the computer, no receipt in the little box, and no rings in the recently came in drawer.

After about 20 minutes of searching, she finally located a ring that appeared to be my husband's and from there found our order on the computer. Unfortunately, my ring was nowhere to be found. She told me it was possible that my ring was in one of the boxes in the back, but for some reason those boxes couldn't be opened until tomorrow morning. She said they would give me a call first thing to let me know if they found it. So, seeing no other option, I went home with only one of our two rings.

However, when I got home, I discovered that the ring I had was not my husband's correct ring. The ring I brought home was two sizes too big. After calling the store, they said we could bring it in to have something put on it to have it fit his finger for the wedding and they would reorder it in the correct size. After receiving no phone call most of the day on Sunday, I finally called them. They said they didn't have my ring and were looking into. Three more phone calls back and forth and I was finally guaranteed that my ring would be in by Wednesday.

When we went in on Wednesday I finally got my ring and heard every excuse in the world for why things were going so wrong. Mainly the blaming of other people and complaints about other employees work. We also discovered that the ring in our possession might be the ring from the display case that was the one he tried on the first time we came in. To top it all off, the thing they were going to use to make his ring fit temporarily wouldn't work on his ring. The girl we dealt with this time, told us that she would call and put a rush on my husband's real ring and have it ordered in the proper size, which turned out to be 8.

Unfortunately it would not be here in time for the wedding, but hopefully it would be in within a few days of it. Either way she promised to call us that weekend to let us know. On Friday, we got married. By Sunday, we still hadn't heard anything about his ring. Monday, my husband called and was told that his ring would be in in a week. A week later, once again, we didn't hear anything from the store. That Tuesday, my husband called again. This time he was informed that the order had never been placed and it would take 2 weeks for the ring to come in if placed now. So, I went in after work to talk to them in person. That got me nowhere, except into an argument with the sales woman about what size the ring should be.

I was forced to call their corporate number. There, I talk to a guy that told me this was unacceptable customer service. He went through with getting the ring ordered in the proper size and once again said it would take 2 weeks. After all of this, his ring took 3 weeks to come in. And after spending $1000 at the store and month's worth of headaches, the only thing the corporate number is giving us is a $125 gift card. Like I would actually spend any money in one of their stores again.

BEWARE of Zales' deceptive practice of "deferred interest!" I just found out I got blasted with over $900 worth of finance charges!! After paying down our card to $2500, NEVER late on a payment, I get the shock to see my payoff is now nearly what I owed a year ago. ABSOLUTELY absurd!!! YES, I was aware of the no interest for the first year, but I was told I would begin paying the interest after that time. NOT that they would add all the interest from the first year!! And now I have to pay interest on the interest!! How do they get away with this!!! I want everyone who is considering dealing with ZALES to know about this SCAM. I think I am more upset because there is nothing I can do about it now, but I promise I will not let anyone I know fall for this!!

My husband purchase a wedding set for our 25th wedding anniversary. We spent almost $2500 and we also purchase the lifetime warranty. After 3 years something went wrong with my band and I went to Zales to get it repair under the warranty. They told me that I would have to bring it in every 6 months to have it cleaned and checked in order to guarantee the warranty. I went there at least twice to get it cleaned but they never document it. I hardly wear this set as I wear my original set everyday. They told me it would cost me $700 to $900 to get it fixed. I will never buy anything from Zales. Never ever in my life. They are a scam and a rip off for selling you a warranty that they know they are not going to honor when something goes wrong.

BEWARE OF UPSALE! I went to Zales outlet store located in Rosenberg around July the 1st. I left my wedding bands (you can understand their importance to me) in the store for regular cleaning and filling estimate, and got a phone call the same week with the prices. I approved only ONE of the rings for an enhancement they stated to be $200. After 2 ½ months of no updates and unclear statuses, I finally reached the manager on September the 12th who confirmed the ring’s readiness.

I went to the store the next day only to find out that instead of $200, the new price for the job was $260. On top of that, the second ring which I DID NOT approve for a filling had the service done. The final price was said to be $700, $500 above what I had approved. The store refused to return me my wedding bands even though the mistake is purely theirs. I claimed BBB complaint as well.

Me and my boyfriend bought 3 rings at Zales, two for me (one diamond ring and one wedding band), another band for my boyfriend. It cost us about $1500. We bought them in store and the store manager helped us. She was nice at that time and seems professional. Then after we selected the rings, she let us know there is a protection plan, which including sizing, cleaning, replacing, polishing, and the most important thing is she told me it includes stolen! I asked her how about loss, she told me it only cover stolen, not loss. She only told us this protection plan, and did not mention there are two different ones.

When check out, she sold us the protection plan which did not cover stolen! We were not aware of it, we were told there was only one protection plan! This is a trap! Also, she asked when did we need the rings, I said as soon as possible, she put it as rush and did not let us know it charges rush fee, which is $39 per ring, and it was about $120 for no reason?? I was angry when I went back to pick it up.

After that, my boyfriend and I went travel, and our car got broken into. Our rings got stolen, that was how we found out how cheap Zales is! When we entered the store, we brought our protection plan to the staff, and she told us this protection plan does not cover theft! What? I was not aware there were different protection plans and the store manager told me it covers stolen... Then I talked to the store manager, the one who sold the rings to us, she was not helpful at all and she denied! She insisted to say she told us there were two different protection plans and we chose the cheaper one which did not cover stolen. What? She made this up to cover herself!! We were not aware of it and this is definitely a trap!!! Then she told us we cannot get anything back. This does not make any sense to me. This store fool people and try to take money from people as much as they can and leave you alone. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ZALES.

I purchased a bridal ring set for my fiance and wedding band for myself on 8/2/2016 from the Zales Greenbrier Mall location in Chesapeake, VA. They were sent off the orders only to resize. My wedding band arrived in a timely manner but the bridal set took longer and was soldered together sloppily. I let the store staff know that we did not want the bridal set soldered and would like it separated. They acknowledge the error and assured us the set would be unsoldered in about 2 weeks and it would not compromise the quality of the ring. They then called me on 9/2/2016 to pick up both rings but the set was still soldered sloppily. I was so displeased not only with the ring, but the lack of customer service from the associates that I returned both rings and will be closing the account I opened solely for this purchase.

My fiance called the corporate office and was advised the district manager will to contact me in reference to the matter and was also informed every Zales does not use the same repair shop so I may consider shopping at another Zales, depending on how I can be compensated for this grievous mistake. Because of this we have had to cancel an engagement announcement party and delay sharing the news with our family, my fiance's grandfather passed away amidst waiting for this repair.

Zales took over its sister store Gordons. My husband and I had bought and paid for 3 rings to which we got a cleaning twice a year. They guaranteed the diamonds and would replace them if they fell out. We had a loose diamond in one so they sent it out to be fixed free of charge. Now Zales will clean your ring and not replace the diamond. They want you to pay to have it fixed so they never have to replace the diamond. This store is so crooked and don't know what good customer service is. I will never buy from them nor will my family and friends after this.

Do not buy at Zales!!! They lie. Bought a ring and was told I could trade up at any time as long as I spent more than the ring purchase. Went to do that today and was told I had to spend AT LEAST DOUBLE! Deception and lies! Our family spends thousands and thousands here. And this is how we get treated. They nor their sister stores, Gordon Jewelers, will get one more dollar from us the rest of our lives. And my friends and family will know too. Facebook will know. I may even pay to share this hurtful experience.

Over several months starting in Jan, 2016, I attempted to pay off a $ 1,200.00 balance on a purchase. After sending Zales $200 payments 8 times they returned 5 of them and charged me a late fee for late payment. The $200 payments were well over the required minimum payments and the balance would have been paid off in 4 months. But because of their unbelievable incompetence I still have a $600 balance which I attempted to pay off online but was unsuccessful. They don't take credit cards online!!! Stupid just doesn't cut it!! Imbeciles!!! Stay away from these morons!

My husband purchased this ring for me as a birthday present. I was thrilled when I opened it. The ring was beautiful. Unfortunately it was 1/2 a size too big. I took the ring to the store to be sized. 3 weeks later it was ready to pick up. When I got the ring it was evident with the naked eye that diamonds were missing. I asked for a magnifying glass and she tried "not" giving me one. She said there's no diamonds missing. There weren't any there to begin with or maybe it was because the ring was so dirty when you brought it in (brand new, never worn) that it just looks different because they cleaned it. Very rude people.

After much hesitation on her part she handed me the magnifier. As I looked I could clearly see where diamonds were missing, prongs still there but no diamonds. After that I asked her to test the diamonds and she told me they were too small. I've had smaller tested. I felt like I was being treated unfairly after my husband spent $800 on this ring. I returned the ring that day. I will NEVER purchase from Zales again and do not recommend to ANYONE. Columbus, Ga.

About a year ago, I turned my engagement ring to get re-coated (white gold). When I went to pick it up, they pulled out a bag with my name on it and tried to give me someone else's ring. Trenita laughed and said, "You should've kept it 'cause hers was a 2 carat ring." I didn't find that funny or professional. Once it was located, I had Joan (who apparently is the Mgr.) read the serial numbers to me to ensure it was my ring and stone (which when I mentioned to her a year ago, acted like it never happened and she had no clue what I was talking about). 6-9 months ago, I was in the store for my inspection and mentioned resizing my rings to Joan since I'd lost a lot of weight. She talked me out of it, even though I'd told her my rings sometimes fall right off. I later went to another jeweler who confirmed my fingers had gone down almost 2 sizes and that I should have them resized.

I went back to Zales and requested my rings be resized. Trenita looked at the rings under a loupe, used a light to test the diamonds and ensured all stones were present, flawless and the rings were both in perfect condition. She put both rings in a bag together, with my information. When I went to pick them up, Rick handed my engagement ring and said, "There you go." I said, "Where is my wedding ring?" He saw clearly on the bag it said 2 RINGS. He went through the inventory and couldn't find it, then found it randomly in a drawer by itself. He handed it to me and again was like "There you go." I looked at the ring and there was a stone missing right in the middle of the band. This was the beginning of a 3-month nightmare.

The ring was sent back twice to the original jeweler who scratched some of the stones (which Trenita later tried to blame on me after her boss Joan started harassing the staff, even when I have pictures to the contrary), added glue (this ring never needed glue as it was channel set so this guy was throwing stuff together, hoping it'd stick) and left gaps between the stones and the metal. I started calling corporate and District Manager Kim didn't call me like she was supposed to, never called for follow up when she said she would and wouldn't call me the 4 times I left messages about how pissed off I was with their service, attitudes and that they kept ruining my ring more. Only when I left a message threatening to call her boss did I finally call back.

After the first jerk kept ruining my ring, they sent it to their "very best jeweler in their entire network." He messed with it several times and again, made the ring worse than the first guy. By the time all was said and done, there was almost $200 worth of damage to a ring I originally paid $600 to have custom made by different company. The stones had to be replaced due to the other jewelers either damaging what was there or putting lesser quality/non-matching stones in it when they screwed up the original stones (which were perfect prior to them).

I sent Zales documents showing how much it would cost to get the ring fixed by a professional jeweler (not ZALES) and they said they'd mail a check. I had to keep calling to remind them to mail it and it finally came... without the $100 gift card District Mgr Kim had promised to send for all the hell I had to deal with. Oh yeah and her boss, VP/Director Sean never called me as Corporate said he would either. The staff was completely unprofessional, did not accept responsibility, lied constantly, never called when they said they would and then had attitudes when I asked for updates and answers.

I was nice and pleasant throughout the ordeal even though most of them deserved a punch in the face. Go on the Better Business Bureau site and you'll see thousands of complaints for Zales Corp, Kay's, Jared... all part of Signet Jewelers (tons of articles about them stealing stones are on the web too). STAY AWAY from their low-quality products and "services."

I went on 5/4/2016 to Zales at Citadel Mall to find a wedding band that would possibly match my engagement ring. After about 15 min the sales clerk showed me a ring that was brought back to them which I fell in love with. I was told that I might have to pick it up in GA since I was getting married there and there was no guarantee the ring would be done before we would leave. We looked a branch up. Afterwards the information was put in to have my wedding band fixed so my engagement ring would sit in the middle of it. The date came back as 5/25/16 to pick up the ring at the store. When I got there on said date the ring was not in the store. The clerk called the jeweler and asked what was going on and was told they had a problem and tried to contact Zales which was not on recorded in their system. We discussed options and came up with them fixing the rings and overnight them to a store in GA. That never took place.

We contacted them Friday on the way there and again Saturday since nobody called us only to find out the rings were shipped to the store at Citadel Mall, Charleston, SC. I then was promised it would be shipped overnight to the nearest store which was a little over an hour away one way. We called the store in GA and were told the ring wasn't going to get there until Tuesday the following week. My husband called corporate also on Saturday and was told they would see what they could do. He demanded to have somebody call him back Tuesday. Guess what? We're still waiting for the call. It's Tuesday evening. My husband did get a call from the store in GA telling him they mailed the ring back to the Citadel store - no overnight.

I'm not sure when I will get the rings but if they're messed up I will raise hell in front of everybody in the mall. I will also contact the BBB, the newspaper and post on facebook and everywhere else not to buy at Zales. My wedding day came and is gone. The rings would have meant the world to me. Zales ruined it. :-( Added a pic on how the ring looks like. Unfortunately it's not on my finger. :-(

I was gifted with a rose gold ring December 2015. The rose color lasted maybe a month. It is now May 2016. Rose color 100% GONE and now the gold is fading to silver. Definitely rethink buying ANY rose gold jewelry fr Zales.

I drove 45 minutes to the Zales location last Wednesday. Went inside - seen the ring I want to buy and was highly NOT impressed by it. So, I looked around and see another beautiful ring that I just fell in love with. I decided to buy it but not have it sized with Zales due to all the complaints I read online about their sizing issues. The sales clerk in the Durham, NC location decided to NOT inform me about the fact that the ring was so large and my size 4.75 finger would be an issues. After nearly a 5 day ordeal and 3 different jewelers later, I find out this ring CANNOT BE SIZED any smaller. RUINED my ENGAGEMENT! Humiliated me in front of all my friends and family. I was going to return the ring at a closer location by Sunday. So, I did and I wanted to reorder the ring in a smaller size and see if I could get it cut down that way. NOPE!!! The ring only went to a certain size 6 and it will was too BIG to be cut down.

The male associate at the Cary, NC location was rude and I was a bother to him. I called customer service later that evening who then confirmed that NO this ring is what it is and cannot be resized due to the vintage detailing in it. I was really let down and majorly disappointed. I decided to call the DURHAM, NC location to speak to the associate that originally sold me a ring in the first place. Brandi answered the phone. She is also the sales associate. Began to argue that the ring CAN be sized and was "Sorry they upset me" meaning the other jewelers when they told me I couldn't get it sized. The sales clerks need training. They also need to take responsibility for their wrongdoing. I shouldn't have been sold a ring that couldn't be sized down to a 4.75 to begin with. Unhappy customer. NEVER returning to ZALES again!

Compare Jewelry Stores