1.13/5
  • 1 star
Based on 70 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Zales

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 4, 2018

301 Zales Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I ordered a special necklace for my daughter, from her 3 year old son, for Christmas. Order dar 12/13/17. Never came in. Called customer service SEVERAL times. It was either busy or I was on hold for at least 30 minutes. I also stopped in their store at Galleria Mall, was told I would get a phone call back that day. No call. No one wanted to help. AND the necklace won't be done for another week or so. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING AGAIN FROM ZALES. THEIR SERVICE IS HORRIBLE. AND I HOPE NO ONE ELSE DOES EITHER.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I ordered an engraved ring. The name was spelled wrong when I received it. It has taken 3 phone calls so far just trying to get a return shipping label. Not to mention all 3 times I have called I have had to wait on hold for over an hour. When I placed the order online it showed the product on sale but when I checked out I was charged full price!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Let me start off by saying that this is my first time shopping with Zales and trust me this will be the absolute LAST! Customer service is terrible & site is false, misleading, & deceiving! I placed an order on Sunday, December 10th for a locket. This was at the time when they promised before-Christmas delivery. As the days get closer to Christmas, I start to wonder when I will receive a shipping confirmation e-mail. I call the customer service number and my wait time is 150 minutes! Really??!!

I call again the next day & it’s the same old song. Don’t even bother utilizing the online chat option. It’s useless. On December 22nd, I FINALLY received a shipping confirmation, 12 whole days later. I go to the website and the status still says pending. Today, December 23rd, I check back and I see the status has changed to shipped. I go to the UPS website and my package is not expected to be delivered until December 26th @ the end of the day! Absolutely unbelievable Zales. Trust and believe that this company will never receive a single pretty penny from my pockets ever again! Judging from these horrific reviews, I’m sure a lot of other people would say the same thing.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Never again will I order from this place. I wish I read reviews from here first. I am having the same problems as everyone else. I ordered a ring for my girlfriend for Christmas back on December 4th, a week before the order December 11th for Christmas delivery. I have yet to see any change in shipping. I've spent literally HOURS on the phone with these people just to get the same answers its processing. I even went to my local Zales where it is supposed to be delivered and they called the store support number, all they can tell them was it will be shipped out by the 21st.

Well, today is the 22nd, still not shipped. I just spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with customer service, yet again, for the same answers. Only this time they transferred me to the special customer relations department, which ended up being the freaking fraud department! They in turn transferred me back to find out that I would have a 52 minute wait again! Obviously I hung up. I am so angry and dissatisfied with this place. Someone really needs to unscrew these issues. Now just like many others from what I am seeing, will have to tell my girlfriend that her gift won't be here for Christmas. The special gift I bought her for OUR FIRST Christmas! Oh not to mention, if they deliver it on Christmas to the store, they will find out that they are closed on Christmas Day!!! Thanks Zales.com, you guys truly SUCK!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I literally placed a order with them on the 8th of December. My sale was cancelled for no reason 3 days later. Placed another order on the 12th and everything seemed to be fine. I spent over 7 hours in the past week on hold because I was told it would only take 3 days to process and 2 days for shipping. I read a lot of reviews today and everyone is experiencing the same thing. I even talked to a supervisor and she directed me to a department that had nothing to do with my order. I cancelled my order today because I'm getting engaged soon. I went to another company and bought a ring today and have it in hand now. Cannot believe how crappy the customer service is. Looks like they are going to lose everyone business because of how dumb they are. I will for sure tell everyone I know and put bad reviews on every review place I possibly can. So if you're reading this don't buy from ZALES EVER!!! A scam company for sure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I ordered a necklace on Nov, 21, 2017. I haven't received one email on status update and like many here it just shows status unavailable!!! Chat button does not open and now the phone is busy. What a horrible ran site, and business this is. The one time I DID get ahold of someone to cancel they said they contacted the vendor and it's too late to cancel but yet I still don't have my order. Today is 12/21/2017!! Buyers beware. Place your order at your own risk. Amazon is 20 times better and faster. I have been treated great in the store when I purchased but this online ordering is a joke. You can't get ahold of anyone. No one can help you. Not one update received on my ** order. I'm so furious.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I place a rather large order on 12/18/2017 with a guaranteed shipping delivery before Christmas. My debit card was charged and now it is 4 days before Christmas and before the weekend. I still have not received a shipment notification. None of the customer service phone numbers will work. The chat option does not work. I have tried to contact the corporate office and no one answers there, either. I'm beginning to think they are out of business. There is no email address to contact anyone. I am very, very frustrated. Whats it the answer to this madness?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Zales has been the worst experience thus far for my holiday shopping. I ordered a personalized wallet on 12/14/17 and there is still no shipping info available although the website states it would arrive before Christmas. When I call to speak with a representative there is ALWAYS a 129 minute wait and the online chat option is a joke! I can't get through to anybody! I have been charged and left wondering about the status of my purchase. I feel scammed and unhappy! GOODBYE ZALES, YOUR BUSINESS SEEMS TO BE DROWNING!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I ordered a pair of earrings on 12/14 and paid for 2-day shipping. On 12/19 my husband called and spent 90 minutes on hold trying to find out the status of our order. The man who answered wouldn't give him any information because I was the one who placed the order. Seriously? You don't need to verify birthdate or SSN, what's the deal? So he promised a callback. When he called back, he told me that my husband was rude to him (which I don't blame him because that's the most ridiculous policy ever) and told me that there was no update because they require 2 business days for processing (keep in mind that it's been 4 business days at that point), that my order "should ship out on 12/20 or 12/21" and "the latest you will receive the item is 12/22".

As of now (12/20) there's still no information available on the order status page. I asked exactly how they expect to fulfill their promise of "Order by 6 pm on 12/20 for guaranteed Christmas delivery" if it takes 5-6 business days to process the order. Obviously I wasn't given an answer. This is the first time I've ordered from Zales, and it will not happen again. I've had excellent experiences with Jared, but decided to use Zales because they were $10 cheaper. Unfortunately $10 saved doesn't make up for possibly not getting the present in time for Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Signet Jewelers is Zales and other companies and they don't help you at all. I should have read the reviews below before ordering. They don't answer for almost an hour. When they do answer you they lie to you and say it's shipping tomorrow and it doesn't. I ordered Dec 11 and today is the 20th and it's still pending. I'm on the phone now waiting again. Run away. Don't use them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I ordered a bracelet on Dec. 2 and as of today still nothing. Unable to contact anyone. Wait time to speak to someone has been 1 hour and 51 minutes. Zales is truly the Christmas Grinch. I will never do business with this company again. I highly recommend that you go to another store. Read all the negative comments and understand whats being said here. Stay away from Zales.com.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I am disturbed by the horrific customer service I have experienced by Zales. I was thinking that the name spoke for itself. Sadly mistaking. I ordered customs jewelry for my daughter for Christmas. No order status updates, hold times over 60 minutes. After 1 hr wait I finally spoke to a rep that assured me that I would receive my order before Christmas but I have lost all faith that will happen. So now I have to explain to my daughter that her jewelry is not coming in time and due to the large amount of money I have spent I can't just go out and buy new items. It’s absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

I have orders from China and gotten better service. I more than likely will be contacting my bank to start the process of repayment. I consider myself a fairly reasonable and understanding person but I am mortified that I spend such a large amount of my hard earned money for such services. I would like to warn other customers of what to expect when dealing with Zales. Buyer beware!!

Updated on 12/23/2017: Wanted to add an update about my purchase from Zales. I finally received the jewelry after the many calls and long wait times. I open the box to the necklace tangled and OMG this mess that they sent me. Just shocking!! Tarnished chain missing studs and this weird piece of metal sticking out the name plate. So I have no choice but to present this mess to my daughter on Christmas and go through the long process of sending it back!! The way I was treated by Zales is almost unbelievable. Christmas present ruined. Hundreds of dollars wasted.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I have never seen a more incompetent company. They essentially make it impossible to contact customer service. They represent one of the major issues with older U.S. companies. They believe that arcane processes for customer service where no one actually gets any help works. Unfortunately, not only does this process not work but I guarantee it has resulted in significant lawsuits and complaints for the organization. I do not plan to purchase anything from Zales ever again. I placed an order for three nameplate necklaces on December 14th. The website assured me that I would receive the order on time.

I received an email confirmation of the order which stated that the order will take 3-4 weeks to process. Clearly not even close to Christmas. I am very annoyed that I wasted my money and that this company makes it so impossible to speak to actual person. Their call wait time is up to 45 minutes and their live chat function on their website does not work. NEVER AGAIN. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I wish I had read the reviews prior to placing my order. I placed an order back on 12/11/17, they stated it would be here before Christmas, I have tried to contact them, no one answered the phone, I finally got my call to go through to receive a msg stating a 75 Minute wait, online chat no one answers. THIS COMPANY HAS TO BE THE WORST EVER!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO DELIVERING THE PRODUCT. Just one big letdown, there are plenty of other Jewelers out there, please save yourself the pain and go somewhere else!!!

Resolution response: Dec. 22, 2017

After I waited on hold for two hours to cancel my order, I got home to find it on my doorstep. Then I got an email apologizing for my experience and an e- gift card to the store. So I wanted to make sure to include that I did receive my order before Christmas, just late. Also, for some reason, customer service had no information on processing, shipping, tracking or anything.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I placed an order the first week in December. It was supposed to be 7 days at most. Still haven't received it and no one can tell me anything at customer service. The online chat doesn't work and now the 800 line is busy. The first time I called I waited on hold for 40 minutes to open a ticket to hear back and never did. I can't believe the website is still advertising guaranteed delivery for Christmas!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I placed an order on 11/9/17 and still have not received it. When I check my order status online, it continually states that the status is unavailable. No matter what time of the day I call customer service, there is always at least a 30 minute wait. I've tried online chat and nobody ever responds. I've called the store closest to me and they can't help. Christmas is just a week away and I'm extremely unhappy!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I ordered a necklace for Christmas 2 weeks ago, it says guaranteed delivery by Christmas if you order before the 13th. I ordered the first week of December. My order still says pending online. I've called customer service 6 times. 3 times the wait was over 50 minutes then I got a voicemail that says leave your name, order# and telephone and someone will contact you. I left 3 voicemails and no one has called me back. I've tried using their chat on their website. That feature has been down for the past 6 days. It finally worked today.

I asked what's going on with my order. She says it's pending, I asked Yvette if I will receive it by Christmas. Her response was "It should". I said, "When I ordered it, it was guaranteed delivery by Christmas." Should is not good enough. I respond, "Should?" Yvette goes, "Yea. Should." I said I want to cancel my order. This is ridiculous. She informed me I cannot cancel my order. How can I not cancel my order if it's not processed? This is a scam. I will never ever do business with Zales again. NO ONE BUY ANYTHING FROM ZALES. IT'S A SCAM!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

So my fiancé purchased an engagement ring on Cyber Monday. The website said it would take 1-3 business days for processing and 2 business days for shipping, today is December 11 and still no ring, no info and the money was taken from account. Zales basically stole my money and worst of all every single time that I call I am hearing different stories about where the ring is and why I haven't received it as yet. So here's the thing... the order has not been processed as yet, my money is gone, I haven't received a ring and I cannot cancel the order to take my business elsewhere. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM ZALES. IT IS A SCAM!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I ordered a ring over a week ago. Called 5 times. First 2 times I was told it’s pending. The next 3 times I asked to speak to a mgr. Connected to wrong ext. then the last time it said, “Your wait time is 21 min.” Then 1 min. Never got to anyone. Called my credit co. to stop payment. Had to cancel my credit card and get a new card. I always thought this was a trusted co. I was wrong. Never received the ring.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I ordered a emerald Unstoppable Love necklace for my mother for Christmas, well when I was ordering the necklace the website shut off so the order said it did not go through so I ordered it once again. Well I got an email saying that both of my orders had went through so I called customer service and explained to them what had happened and the lady was very nice and said they usually don’t cancel orders but they might in this case so she left a note in the account and told me to call back in three or four days.

I called back three days later and explained to them what happened and that I wanted to check on the order, the male I spoke to said that they would not cancel the order because it’s against their policy and the lady was wrong. So I told the male that I would like to return it once it came in the mail and he said that’s fine just send it back with the order number which will come in the package. I received both of my packages and went to the post office to send one back but it did not contact a shipping label for it to be returned. The company claimed that there should have been one in there and now they will not refund me my shipping cost that I had to pay for because they made a mistake. I will returning the first necklace and I plan to never shop at Zales again. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I ordered online a watch and bracelet for $375 then I went on the next day and they had it on sale for $275. When I contacted customer care they could not give me a credit for the difference that I had to order another one and then return that one. So basically I had to hold my money for a certain period of time just to get it cheaper. When I got the 1st one I went to Zales outlet and returned it. They were able to find that order and return it but it took one hour to complete. Then when the other one came in I decided to return it as well because I did not like it when I got it. When I went to the store 3 separate times they were not able to return it because every time they said the online system is going thru an update and it is not working. I even called the last time I went and they said it was working to come on in.

That last time I went in there they said they couldn't do it and for me to mail in the return. She said when I call the customer service number they would send me a box and shipping label. When I called customer care the next day to get the label because I didn't need the box they said they didn't produce labels. NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO RETURN IT. I'm so aggravated on customer service to people that I will be closing all our accounts there.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I purchased a ring for my now Fiance and when we got it appraised it was valued at 50% below what I paid and pretty much got a "tough luck" from Zales. Originally the Ring was 6k and they had a sale going on which brought it down to around 4500. All appraisal places valued the ring at 2300, to top it off, one of the small diamonds on the side of the ring has already fallen off. This ring was purchased in April, and they have a 6 month cleaning that comes with the warranty which examines all the prongs and diamonds. Not even a year into it and we are already having to deal with missing diamonds.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Zales absolutely ruined my wedding day. I purchased 2 rings on zales.com on November 12, 2017 for a wedding planned for November 23, 2017. I was given no indication that orders could be delayed. I did receive one of the two rings on November 20, 2017, and the ring was absolutely hideous. When I called to inquire where the other ring was I was told that it would not be shipped for 3-4 weeks. I took the one ring back to the retail location and they did return it, but told me that I would not get an actual credit on my account for 3 days...1 day too late for my wedding. As for the second ring, that they have not shipped yet, I was told that I could not cancel my order and would not have the funds released on my account until I receive the ring THAT I DO NOT WANT.

Also, I was told by a customer service manager that I could go to my local retail location for a loaner ring, and when I told the retail location about this they had no clue as to what I was talking about. All of the funds that I had available to spend on my wedding rings are tied up by Zales for rings that I did not want. I did not plan an elaborate wedding, just a simple wedding on the beach with nothing special. I don't even know what I am going to wear yet. BUT... I at least wanted the rings to be special. That was the only thing I really cared about. Thanks Zales... You ruined this for me and out of the 10 or so people I have spoken to regarding this situation, nobody seems to be concerned at all that because of your issues with your customer service. I have no rings for my wedding on Thursday.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I paid my account off in full online on 10/21/2017 through mygemcredit.com, and received a confirmation number for payment. Today, 11/16/2017, I received a bill from Genesis who is the new processing company for Zales, stating that I was past due on my account and additional late charges had been incurred. I contacted the company and was told that all payments made to mygemcredit.com after 10/19/2017 had been DELETED.

I was told that a letter had been mailed in September to this fact. Today was the first of any correspondence I have received from Genesis. They would not budge on the additional late charge or reverse any past due reporting against my credit after the date I made the payment, stating that I should have noticed that the payment had not been taken from my account.

I have had nothing but problems with my Zales credit account from the beginning. I NEVER received a Zales Card. I spent over 2 hours in the store with them trying to find my account to make a purchase last October. I was finally able to set up an account online, at which time I requested paperless billing, and I NEVER received any email confirmations of payments, therefore, my only recourse being the screenshots I took of payment confirmation screens. I have once again initiated the payment to pay off the balance and CANCELLED my account. I will never make another purchase from Zales.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I do not know what happened to this company, but, at one time they sold nothing but quality! Beautiful jewelry. Now OMG they sell nothing but cheap, non-quality jewelry. I've bought several pieces. They turn black discolored. Very weird. Very cheap. I will never buy another piece of jewelry from Zales. Very sad. Overpriced, cheap jewelry. No quality whatsoever. Don't buy from them.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I ordered this ring 6 weeks ago and still have not received it or been notified of any kind of delay. When I call the online number, I'm on hold for at least 15 mins. They keep contacting back of house with high priority because I've called so many times, and they're supposed to respond to me in 24-48 hrs, but it's been over a week and haven't heard anything. I've dealt with rude people when I call. I saw the price had decreased so I called again and they said they couldn't adjust the price for me. People are not helpful when you call. All they can tell me is it's "processing" and try to get me off of the phone. I do not recommend ordering anything from Zales. They take longer than the 3-4 weeks. It's been 6 with still no word, still have to wait for shipping, and have to send it off for 2 more weeks to get it resized. I should've gone to Jared's.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Recently I purchased a pair of diamond earrings at Zales in Sebring Florida. After a couple of weeks I decided I wanted to return them and I had never worn them. The man in the store told me, "No way!!!" When I showed up for my six months check-up to keep the warranty a very nice lady helped me. I told her they had never been worn so did not need cleaning. Of course she asked WHY. I explained I had returned them for a refund and the man employee in the store told me that was not possible. This sweet lady explained to me that any purchase could be returned for a full refund up to 30 days after the purchase. I was LIVID!!! Now... The 3rd store has closed that were in my area. Bradenton, Pt. Charlotte and Sebring. So I have to travel a great distance to get a refund on 4 warranties that I bought on jewelry. Corporate told me I would get a refund. Wonder what the Lakeland locations will tell me whenever I get to that???

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Livid at how my ring was returned to me after sending out for cleaning. Waited a month and then had to resend it out the same day to replace sapphires on engagement ring and one diamond on wedding band. Will never send out again! If not properly fixed this time I will contact corporate.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I thought diamonds could not break. Wrong, Zales sale crap and will not honor their life time warranty. DO NOT BUY FROM ZALES. I am living a nightmare and will never shop at Zales again. Irving Mall currently has my broken rings, which they refuse to fix.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Never can find my over $3000 purchases. First off Temple, TX mall service is horrible. Second, every time I go in for my husband or my ring they claim they can’t find where I purchased these rings or the warranty. It takes 15-20 min to find. I even been sent home to search for receipt and back multiple times for a 2 rings I purchased not even 3 months ago.

Zales expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1924 in Wichita Falls, Texas, Zales is a jewelry company that sells its products in more than 750 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico. Customers can shop for jewelry from Zales at retail outlets and online.

• 60-day returns: Zales customers have up to 60 days to return any purchase without question.

• Design your own: The company has a Design Your Own program that lets customers custom create not only engagement rings, but other decorative jewelry pieces as well.

• Free shipping: People who shop on Zales.com receive free shipping when they spend they choose to ship their purchases to a Zales retail or retail outlet store.

• Credit options: The company offers credit plans with no annual fee to help customers pay for their jewelry and products.

• In-store services: Zales customers can take advantage of many in-store services, including lifetime cleaning and inspection.

• Best for: Couples getting engaged, customers looking to buy a luxury gift and people with broken jewelry.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.zales.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use