2. Shopping
  3. Jewelry Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.77/5

Zales Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Found a really nice sale going on for Valentine's Day. I ordered a beautiful heart shaped pendant for my girlfriend early so I could beat any type of delays. It arrived before the scheduled date which was nice, but after she opened it up, we saw that the chain was broken, making the piece unwearable. After calling customer service they said we could take it to a store location to have it repaired which we did. It would have been 5 stars if it didn't arrive damaged, but happy that we could just go to a store to solve the issue vs having to deal with shipping items back.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I'm really big on reading reviews before I buy ANYTHING online and I was really nervous about ordering after I read all these negative comments but I did It anyway. I shopped on Black Friday so I got an engagement ring for around 60% off. When I went on the website It said that there was free 2 day shipping which I thought was great. But when I put the engagement ring In the cart It said that It wouldn't ship until the 7th of November... I was a little mad but I like ok whatever as long as It's here before Christmas. It ended up shipping on the 8th and arriving on the 10th. The ring was what I'd ordered and looks beautiful and durable which I already knew It would because of the reviews It had. It looks way more expensive than what It Is and I'm sure my girl will love It. I will be ordering again on Valentine's day and on special occasions. I'm just going to make sure that I order a month or so In advance. :)

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2020

My fiancee purchased my engagement ring at Zales. It is a beautiful piece and a pleasant experience. They give you enough time to wear the ring to make sure it's what you love, more importantly as for the warranty and manager I lost the main diamond and brought it into the store the manager personally took it to their repair center and what normally would of taken 20days to repair only took 2 days. I highly recommend Paramus Zales!

Original review: April 16, 2020

They were able to reset my earring which made me very happy. I called to find out if they reset earrings. They said they do. I brought the stone to them, picked out a setting and they sent it in to the jeweler and in 2 weeks I had my earring back.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Went in to find an wedding ring for my fiancé and I was immediately greeted with kindness. The staff was so helpful yet I did not feel pressured to purchase at all. It was my first stop on my list of potential stores and when I informed the salesman, he was still willing to help me. I ended up returning to purchase the ring we discussed.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

I ordered a pair of earrings on January 25th. I received another customer's earrings in February 5th. I called customer service and explain what had happened. They said they have 2 weeks to pull a ticket. 2 weeks later I did not receive any contact so I contacted them again. They said give them 1 more week. I just received an email on the 27th of February stating they will send me a refund in an e-gift card for the amount owed to me. I responded.. I just wanted the company to credit my charge card. Unfortunately that’s their policy. Buyer beware.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Purchased a Disney necklace in October, and purchased the lifetime warranty. It has since (3 months) broken 3 times and can’t be worn. I’ve only worn it 3 times! It’s been getting repairs more time than I’ve had it in my possession. I was told that it will forever keep breaking in the same spot and needs to be exchanged. But to do this, I have to void my lifetime warranty and buy another expensive one, for a terrible chain that will just break again- in the words of the local manager. So despite spending so much money for LIFETIME warranty, I need to give them more money for them to fix the issue. Beyond frustrating.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My husband bought me a new wedding set for Christmas. He gave them to me early because they may need to be sized, I took them in on the 19th. They said they would be back the 12th. Their online service to see how far it has gotten has had my rings still being shipped and it's a whole later. I cant get a straight answer from the store. He has warranty on them but this will be my last time having them ship my merchandise anywhere, very unsatisfied with this service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Why I’ve tried 3 times to purchase items on the online store is my own fault but I’m letting others know not to! This company charges your account when items are not in stock and keeps a hold on your money for days almost a week! The charge should never go thru when the item is not in stock and when you try to exit out of the screen it charges your account a second time! Forget this company!! Cheap jewelry anyway! Customer service will only say the charge will drop off but they don’t know when! My money should not be held when I didn’t get to buy anything!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

My situation started on February 17, 2020 when my husband and I dropped my wedding band and engagement set off for our yearly inspection (we get our rings inspected regularly, but we do this check every February) and rhodium coating. This is not something new, but a regular occurrence that we have done to maintenance our ring between the time the rings were purchased in 11/2005 and our wedding date in 6/2007. We purchased the rings and two different warranties from Gordons and have maintained our rings throughout our ownership. We moved to the Frederick area 8 years ago and started working with the Zales in Frederick at the FSK Mall. Let me first mention, that ever since our first interactions and bringing all our original paperwork over, this has been a difficult experience with multiple store owners and little to no communication.

This year, our ring needed a prong fixed and then dipped in Rhodium. The first week in March I reached out to the store and inquired about my ring and they said it should be ready for pick up within the next week or so. By the third week in March the store manager called and informed me that the store would be closing due to the state mandate by our Governor due to COVID-19. Although I was disappointed, I completely understood and was assured my ring would be safe.

In May, I attempted to reach back out to the store and was told by recording that the store was still closed. I was able to reach Zales corporate who immediately found my ring, informed me that the ring was completed and would FED-EX me my ring immediately. I received my ring the first week in June. My Ring which was originally soldered together back in June 2007 was now in two pieces, dipped in YELLOW gold (Not Rhodium/WHITE gold) and had loose diamonds. I reached out to the associate from Corporate and she gave me the contacts to get this resolved but unfortunately due to the circumstances with COVID the local stores were unable to help at that time (Which we still understood and stayed patient).

By August, our store here in Frederick was open, so we made an appointment and went in with our damaged rings. The NEW store managers introduced themselves, apologized and assured us that they would fix the problems. In September, the rings came back re-dipped in Yellow gold and with a big hole in the sides and a terrible solder job. They re-sent the rings out to be fixed. They came back in November finally dipped in Rhodium, but the holes that were once on the sides of my rings were poorly soldered, my Marque diamond was off center, and re-set which caused a gaping hole at the top of my band. Not to mention that there were several diamonds loose.

The store managers smiled the entire time and provided excuses and acted baffled at first, but then agreed that ring was not right. We refused to take the rings back and insisted they get this fixed. This is when I requested to speak with Sean because there was no direct plan to fix the integrity of our rings which was now compromised and at this point was being handled unprofessionally. From November to now (12/26/20) we have been advised that our ring is now in the hands of JARED GALLERIA in Frederick in order to fix these mistakes. My husband has worked with the JARED store and has been pleasantly surprised and impressed with their customer service.

We have been advised that the Zales store has been holding up the process since 12/4/20 and have not approved the work orders until my husband walked in with them last week. The actual managers that we have been working with since August walked to the back room of the store and refused to come out to speak with him, instead had one of their employees approve the work order from JARED. This was all during the Christmas rush while the store had multiple customers. I am appalled at the customer service we have experienced and the lack of ownership from all involved. I STILL HAVE NOT SPOKEN WITH THE DISTRICT MANAGER and STILL DO NOT HAVE MY RINGS.

Zales author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1924 in Wichita Falls, Texas, Zales is a jewelry company that sells its products in more than 750 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico. Customers can shop for jewelry from Zales at retail outlets and online.

• 60-day returns: Zales customers have up to 60 days to return any purchase without question.

• Design your own: The company has a Design Your Own program that lets customers custom create not only engagement rings, but other decorative jewelry pieces as well.

• Free shipping: People who shop on Zales.com receive free shipping when they spend they choose to ship their purchases to a Zales retail or retail outlet store.

• Credit options: The company offers credit plans with no annual fee to help customers pay for their jewelry and products.

• In-store services: Zales customers can take advantage of many in-store services, including lifetime cleaning and inspection.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team