Find the right jewelry store for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.31/5

Zales Reviews

Original review: May 4, 2019

I had read about the bad customer service at Zales and got the luck to experience it today. My daughter bought me diamond studs for Christmas and when they were just sitting on the dresser the diamond fell out. Went to store for assistance and was treated like crap, they would not help me even though they have a supposed diamond guarantee. Cheap jewelry and bad customer service doesn’t mix well for me. I will never go back to Zales again. My daughter just bought me stuff for my birthday from Zales and I’m going to return everything.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have had my ring for 10 years and have had no issues. Just over a year ago, I have it resized and refinished. Now the main diamond has fallen out and they refuse to cover it under the lifetime guarantee. They claim they have no record of ever inspecting the ring in their system, beside the recent work, therefore voiding the contract. So I have no choice but to pay for the repair myself. Which I will, then I will sell the Zales ring and NEVER purchase from them again. Lifetime Guarantee - should be Lifetime Scam. Stand by your workmanship Zales, funny how it went to ** AFTER your repair the first time.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I placed an order the 26th of February for a personalized ring. At checkout it states a 7-10 processing time. Fine. Today makes it 11 days later since ordering so my ring isn’t in the processing phase. My order however is still not giving me any shipping information. When I go back to review the order in my account it simply states “pending”. Zales does offer two day shipping however when I talked to the rep via chat she stated that my ring would arrive the 15th... That’s not two day shipping. I have no idea when my ring is coming. I hope soon the website will give me shipping info because I am just waiting for this info. Zales I just want my ring.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We looked for 2 months for the perfect engagement ring before finding my ring on the Zales website. I was told they only had 2 left in their entire inventory and it to be shipped store-to-store. When the ring finally came in, it needed to be sent out again to be sized up. On the invoice, the salesman included sizing and tighten loose stones. I waited 3 weeks for my ring to be "repaired."

I got my ring on Saturday and by Monday morning, THREE diamonds had fallen out!!! Of course I called both the local store and national customer service line to complain. My only option is to send it out again for another 3 weeks for them to tighten any loose stones once again and replace the THREE that have fallen out. It is ridiculous that a brand new ring that was sent in for sizing and tightening of lose stones would have THREE diamonds fall out after only wearing it 2 days. I am not a happy or satisfied customer right now. If I didn’t absolutely LOVE this ring, I would definitely return it and find one at another store.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I purchased a diamond ring for my wife at the Zales store in Aurora, Colorado in summer of 2017. I’m not an expert on diamonds, or jewelry in general; however I have a basic understanding of the price of the materials used to make jewelry, and the overhead inherent in the cost of bringing the product to market. The in-store selection at the location seemed to be quite wide, and the saleswoman was able to confidently describe the available items to my wife and help her find what she had in mind.

When my wife decided on a ring which she would enjoy wearing, we were told that we could offset some of the initial cost by opening a Zales credit account with a two-year interest free period. She helped us apply over the phone and even went as far as requesting a credit line increase, which was granted by the credit card’s issuer. The associate then helped us calculate out the requisite monthly payments so as to fall within the two year interest-free window, and stayed with us after the shop’s closing hours until we were ready to leave. She even called the mall security to walk with us to the parking lot after such a large purchase.

The process of setting up payments with Zales’ credit partner, Comenity Bank, left a lot to be desired. The website does not have the option to set up automatic payments, instead allowing for either a one-time payment or a payment within the upcoming thirty days. We found that if a scheduled payment is made immediately ensuing a one-time payment, one of the two will be dropped as the system will overwrite whichever was put in first. This, if left unchecked, will result in a missed payment which triggers a late fee and breaks the conditions for the interest-free credit.

Later it came to our attention that a very large penalty was imposed all at once, as we did not meet the EIGHTEEN MONTH deadline for paying off the installments. We looked through the fine print of the sales agreement and saw that there was indeed no two-year interest-free period as had been told to us by the store associate. The interest and fees caused by having initially calculated two years of payments had effectively increased the sales price of the ring by sixteen percent. There was nothing at that point which could be done, as the verbal agreements never materialized into writing.

If anyone reading this is considering buying jewelry, please take these factors into account before entering into an agreement with a seller- especially the combination of Zales and Comenity Bank. The sheer volume of negative reviews from multiple locations shows that my experience with them should be viewed as an expected outcome of interacting with Zales, as opposed to being a single isolated incident. Do your due diligence and research what you plan on purchasing, as well as whom you might be buying from.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Zales is possibly the most frustrating online payment website I’ve ever come across. I’ve been trying to pay my payment for an hour typing in all the correct information and apparently my account cannot be found. I try calling and that loop lead absolutely nowhere with no questions answered. If I could go back in time and never buy from there I would. If you plan to buy from there, do not.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

So my soon to be husband proposed to me on 11/21/18. He and I picked out the beautiful Forever Ring. Love the way it looks. A month later, the ring had already started to change color, then on February 6th, I noticed that one of the diamonds was super loose, it was moving around in its setting. I go to the store, and they can't find me or my fiance in the system. Luckily I had a picture of the receipt on my phone that my fiance had sent me before I got there. Otherwise, they would not have helped me at all.

Even though it was within 90 days of purchase, I still had to pay for it to be repaired because my fiance failed to buy a warranty (he didn't think it was necessary) lesson learned the hard way there on his part. And mine. I am mainly upset over the quality of the product and the customer service. I don't know, I just really have a bad taste in my mouth over the company in general. I ended up getting a warranty on my ring myself so that I don't have to pay out of pocket for their poor quality items. We will not ever purchase anything else from this company.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Well if you too are sitting at home wondering where your package is since it hasnt shipped, then you are not getting your stuff because after calling them for 4 days straight and speaking to 7 different representatives And not even one was able to realize that I picked USPS shipping and apparently you have to pick UPS to get it on Valentine's Day (keep in mind, it doesn't say this anywhere when ordering, and they had 4 damn days so they could've shipped it) so today Valentine's Day morning I wake up and call them to hear this wonderful news that I will be receiving my package in a month... What are you doing Zales? Have y'all lost your minds?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I ordered my Fiance two pairs of earrings on the Zales website which specified the "Order By" Date to receive it by Valentine's Day and the order hasn't even been shipped or processed as of February 13th. Long story short thanks to Zales horrible customer service and lack of information as well as false advertising my Fiance now has nothing I ordered her on Valentine's Day and I am out $600. Worst company I have ever ordered something from. 0/10 Doesn't do it justice.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

We misplaced our warranty information when we moved to our new home. Now the company will not honor the service warranty. Our purchase history is nowhere to be found after purchasing 4 rings and one set of earrings... Our lifetime warranty is gone.

Zales Company Information