Find the right jewelry store for you

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.27/5

403 Zales Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2019

Buy my husband's wedding ring in January. It was really pricey which was fine because I thought I was getting quality. Well he ended up dropping it on our ceramic tile and cause ring to break in 3 pieces. The sales would do nothing about it, told me to contact the maker! Wow! As much money as they make you would think that placing ring would not be that big of a deal. This is just disgusting. I will never do business or refer anyone to them again. I would rather buy a Walmart ring!

Original review: May 29, 2019

I ordered this product on Thursday. This was a birthday gift 5/3/19. This order is still in a pending status. I contacted Customer Care and I was informed that each item has a different processing time. It varies. This item is not on back order and there is no other reason that could be given for the delay. I have ordered from other jewelry stores online I wanted to take advantage of an item offered by ZALES.com however, this was the first and last time I will deal with this store rather online or in person. Order at your own risk.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My spouse purchased my wedding ring in 2017 along with the “LIFETIME REPAIR WARRANTY.” This evening I took my ring in to be sent away for repair and was told they no longer will honor the warranty and are unable to send it away! I had my ring repaired with them in the past with them with no issue with the warranty. Now, suddenly something we paid for is null and void!? Zales should be refunded customer's money back on the purchase amount of the “lifetime warranty” because apparently, it isn’t what they claim it to be! I will NEVER purchase anything from them again nor will I recommend Zales to anyone!

Original review: May 12, 2019

Ordered a ring for Mother's Day several days before the cut off date assuring delivery prior to Mother's Day. After a few days I did not see any shipping info on the order. I called the 1800 number and was assured that the ring was going to be shipped with a Saturday delivery. Mother's Day comes and no ring delivered. Called the 1800 number today and they now tell me May 21. Getting through on the 1800 number was an experience in itself. I would warn anybody away from Zales.com.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I purchased a customized mother's ring for my wife on their website 10 days before Mother's Day (their site's deadline for custom orders to be delivered before the day). 5 days later, my transaction is still pending, so I sent an email to their customer service to see if there's some sort of problem. I got a form email in response, stating that they'll respond in 3 to 5 business days.

The next day I call, and talk to a representative that says that my ring is definitely going to be delivered on time, and that the transaction status will change only when the ring ships. Seems reasonable, but if my pizza company can tell me if they're putting toppings on a pizza or if it's in the oven, I think a jeweler can do something similar, but whatever.

The following day, 2 days before Mother's Day (mind you they have my package on delivery with 2nd day air), and I send another message at about 5pm because the ring still hasn't shipped. By 8pm I received my first honest response: the ring is delayed, and may not show up for another 10 days. The reason? They'd had a problem with one of their suppliers. What was missing? Couldn't you have called or emailed to ask if I'd like a substitution? I can be flexible, and with all the customizable options available, I can't imagine I wouldn't have been able to work with them to find something that was available to arrive on time.

Sometimes the perfect gift is the one that just shows up when it's supposed to. My wife likes all 3 shades of gold, we both believe that if a simulated stone looks like a genuine one, it's a fine substitution so long as it's durable. I honestly could've worked with them, but they didn't give me a chance. So they offered me a 10% discount, and an apology. Communication would have been preferred.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?

Original review: May 8, 2019

My ring was supposed to be delivered today. My fiance answered the door and the UPS guy handed him an empty bubble wrap mailer envelope. He asked the UPS guy what was with the huge slash in the envelope side. No ring. He told him he didn't know so we told him we were refusing the package. So I called Zales and they said they have to do an investigation that can take 2 weeks. They refused to send me another ring or issue a refund. They said I can purchase a discounted loaner to use for the wedding and then return it. I was like, "Are you kidding me? Why would I do that." So they offered a discount on another ring that was available to be shipped in time for the wedding.

I hated them all. I told them I want the same ring I ordered. They said it won't arrive till after the wedding. I ordered it anyways. They couldn't even give me a discount since it was on sale already. Are you kidding me? They offered the discount and then took it back! So yeah I called UPS. They said they have To investigate as well and it will take 2-3 weeks. So basically I'm screwed even though it's between the seller and shipper! My wedding is 12 days from now. Zales said they would try to put the claim as critical since it was for my wedding but they couldn't do anything. They can't even expedite the new replacement ring I paid for. I contacted PayPal and they are holding the payment for the first ring but have to do an investigation as well. So sad that Zales doesn't care at all about how it impacts my wedding day! Never will I purchase from them again!

Original review: May 4, 2019

I had read about the bad customer service at Zales and got the luck to experience it today. My daughter bought me diamond studs for Christmas and when they were just sitting on the dresser the diamond fell out. Went to store for assistance and was treated like crap, they would not help me even though they have a supposed diamond guarantee. Cheap jewelry and bad customer service doesn’t mix well for me. I will never go back to Zales again. My daughter just bought me stuff for my birthday from Zales and I’m going to return everything.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have had my ring for 10 years and have had no issues. Just over a year ago, I have it resized and refinished. Now the main diamond has fallen out and they refuse to cover it under the lifetime guarantee. They claim they have no record of ever inspecting the ring in their system, beside the recent work, therefore voiding the contract. So I have no choice but to pay for the repair myself. Which I will, then I will sell the Zales ring and NEVER purchase from them again. Lifetime Guarantee - should be Lifetime Scam. Stand by your workmanship Zales, funny how it went to ** AFTER your repair the first time.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I placed an order the 26th of February for a personalized ring. At checkout it states a 7-10 processing time. Fine. Today makes it 11 days later since ordering so my ring isn’t in the processing phase. My order however is still not giving me any shipping information. When I go back to review the order in my account it simply states “pending”. Zales does offer two day shipping however when I talked to the rep via chat she stated that my ring would arrive the 15th... That’s not two day shipping. I have no idea when my ring is coming. I hope soon the website will give me shipping info because I am just waiting for this info. Zales I just want my ring.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We looked for 2 months for the perfect engagement ring before finding my ring on the Zales website. I was told they only had 2 left in their entire inventory and it to be shipped store-to-store. When the ring finally came in, it needed to be sent out again to be sized up. On the invoice, the salesman included sizing and tighten loose stones. I waited 3 weeks for my ring to be "repaired."

I got my ring on Saturday and by Monday morning, THREE diamonds had fallen out!!! Of course I called both the local store and national customer service line to complain. My only option is to send it out again for another 3 weeks for them to tighten any loose stones once again and replace the THREE that have fallen out. It is ridiculous that a brand new ring that was sent in for sizing and tightening of lose stones would have THREE diamonds fall out after only wearing it 2 days. I am not a happy or satisfied customer right now. If I didn’t absolutely LOVE this ring, I would definitely return it and find one at another store.

Zales Company Information