2.70/5

390 Zales Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I ordered a ring for my daughter as a Xmas gift. I placed the order on the morning of the 13th under the impression per their advertisement, it would arrive by XMas. It stated the following: Order by Friday, December 14, 2018 for Christmas delivery. This delivery date overrides regular processing times noted below. They even changed this date to the 19th as the last day!!! I called several times through the week, was told yes it would get here... NO PRESENT DELIVERED!! I’m infuriated, and will never purchase from Zales again!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Welp my Christmas will be going down the drain this year. I purchased three chains that the consumer said would be shipped in time for Christmas. That’s was a lie. I don’t understand why is it so easy for the consumer to grab the Money from your account/give you an hour for a refund and then when you ask for a refund due to later finding out that it’s actually not going to be here on time your refund gets rejected by the vendor. That is ridiculous. I am highly pissed. I want my money back for all three orders!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Good Evening, I am a long time customer of Zales. I have been going to Zales in Menlo Park, NJ in the mall. I wanted to purchase a new wedding band for my husband for Christmas. I went to the store early November with our daughter to choose his ring. My daughter choose the ring she wanted and I purchase it right away and wanted it Engraved with her name and DOB inside. Everything went smoothly for that transaction. I was called in a few weeks later that the ring has arrived and once I went the ring was not noticeable to view the engraving. My original sales rep Danielle who was amazing the entire time send the ring back to get the engraving fix. Another week I was called in and arrive again the engraving was bad. Danielle was out sick during this time. So the other sales rep and the assistant manager help reorder a new ring online for the THIRD time to get it engraved by the manufacture.

Finally I was praying THIRD time is a charm I get the called again to come get the ring. I go to the store and no engraving on the ring. Now I am trying to hold my composure and be patient about the situation going back and forth to the store. Danielle called a Zales rep by the name of Lauren who supposedly doing a new rush order to get the ring fix over the phone and reissue a gift card to get it straighten out. This was December 18th, 2018. Now today is December 20th as I arrived home I have a package waiting. Open the box up a new fresh ring with no ENGRAVING. THE FOURTH RING AND ISSUE STILL WASN'T FIX. ALL I WANTED WAS A NOTICEABLE ENGRAVING SOMETHING I PAID FOR.

Now I am livid. I call the store and spoke to "LIZ" the STORE MANAGER. I never met her once during this whole situation at all. Never came to greet meet and tell me we will get this fixed nothing. Her sales rep did everything which I appreciate but, as a store manager now it has been a few times same error you should step in. She got nerve to tell me there is nothing she can do about it and I WENT OFF. I said, “You know about the situation but, you can't fix it knowing I have paid for it and you sit here telling me you are sorry. I do not want to hear you are sorry. I need an engraved ring for Christmas that I ** pay for.” She had no empathy. Told me we been on the phone for 30 mins and we were on the phone for 5 mins and 39 seconds. Felt like she didn't care knowing this ring has a lot of meaning behind it and was brushing me off and tell me if I curse she will hang up.

YES I AM CURSING AT THIS POINT BECAUSE IT KEEPS GETTING MESS UP AND I PAID IN FULL FOR IT. They got their money worth and I got the ** end of the stick. I will no longer do business with Zales for that "Liz" store manager lack of empathy customer service. Telling me she’s been around the whole time. Tells me she call her district manager and told me to call the customer service number over the phone. Anyone looking to buys anything go to a different company especially for engraving because they don't give a **.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I submitted a purchase online for a birthstone necklace for my wife for Xmas, didn't see online when my order was going to arrive so I immediately canceled the order. Now Zales is holding $178.19 of my money and refuse to release it. I've been told that my bank is the ones who is holding the funds but that is incorrect, by LAW banks cannot hold "Debit Card" transactions. The merchants are the ones who hold the money to protect themselves from product lost without a payment... Me or my family will never look at Zales for any future purchases of jewelry, very bad phone reps and customer service... No one attempted to resolve my money being held. They just stayed on blaming my bank instead of trying to take action by checking to see if the hold is still on the funds etc...

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I ordered a necklace on December 6th. I opted out of shipping to my house and shipped to my local store. Mainly because it ships faster and it is free. Well that is the way most companies work anyway. First I had to wait 7 days for processing. That was fine but on the 7th day I noticed the status had changed to shipped. With no tracking number being received, I decided to call them. I was told it is going to ship on the 20th. That leaves 4 days to get it to the store and for me to pick it up. Given their track record I highly doubt it will be ready for pick up by Christmas Eve. It is a Christmas present for my niece. Now instead of being able to give it to her on Christmas I will just have to show her the shipping status! All the while knowing they probably have the exact same necklace sitting on their shelves. Don't waste your hard earned money on these crooks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zales?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

So I bought a ring and I paid for 2-day air. After about a week I still had no ring and absolutely no kind of tracking or even shipment confirmation. I contacted customer service to be told it can take almost 2 weeks before they even ship items. I had no gift for my best friend's birthday. This has been my worst online buying experience. I am very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

When you go to a Zales store and they ask you to open a charge, PLEASE DO NOT OPEN IT BECAUSE THEY ARE FRAUD. What they say at the store is totally different for what you sign up for. Please stay away if you want your peace of mind. I will never step foot in that company ever again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Bought a lifetime warranty for a watch a couple years ago. Took it in to get the battery changed under the warranty. I was told the warranty was only for 2 years and that mine has expired. Even though I have a form that said lifetime warranty they said they printed it on the wrong form. They refused to honor it or give me my warranty money back. I have been buying from them for almost 10 years. This was the last straw with them so I am looking for a new jewelry store.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My teen son purchased a ring for $188. They charged him $210 for authorization fee and another $190 for the purchase. In total he paid $330 for $188 ring. They only returned $70 of his money. In order to get his money back we have to jump through hoops. We have to fax them a copy of the bank statement for their review. He is now negative $57 in his account. They said that they won't pay any overdraft charges. We would have to discuss that when it does happen. I think Zales is scamming people for more money by charging more than an item is worth. I don't understand this extra authorization fee when the ring was already paid for. And why do we have to jump through hoops to get our money back. This is ridiculous. I don't think anyone should shop at Zales. They want to take extra money from you and hope that you forget about it. It's a scam!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchased a necklace for my wife online. When I got to the part of delivery and shipping I selected the fastest shipping so I can get it in time for Christmas. The delivery date was for Tuesday December 11th. The necklace never came so I called customer service and they told me I would have to wait another 2 weeks and so I told them to just cancel the order and then I was told I would have to wait 3 days to get my refund. Please save your money. Don't even bother with Zales. I was completely lied to. Merry Christmas. Smh.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I found a ladies wedding/engagement ring in Destin FL. Took it to Ben Bridge to see if the diamond had been lasered engraved which it was. I found out all information about the ring including that it was bought at Zales. After calling several Zales stores and headquarters I was told that they didn't keep information on their diamonds (really). I have spoke with many people at Zales and was given so much bologna that it is just really unbelievable what people can come up with to get you off the phone. Today my family and I went to the Parks Mall in Arlington TX. Thought I would give it another try.

As I tried to explain to the sales girl what was going on with the ring she told me with rude and hate that Zales didn't keep records on diamonds. That it was the buyers responsibility to keep up with the paper work. I will be calling the store and telling the manager what kind of service I received. After 4 years of speaking with Zales off and on I still get the same old bull. I have never bought jewelry from Zales and with the kind of service I have came across I never will. I may be wrong but what I have read about Zales the only thing they care about is your money and as I say no one cares.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I purchased earrings online which were very tiny when received vs photos so returned them to the Springfield VA mall store. The receipt received with the online order indicated items can be returned at any Zales store. I purchased another pair in the store but my wife didn’t like them so I returned to same store. The sales person was extremely unprofessional and rude and acted very annoyed that I was returning the earrings. He even had the gall to make a comment as I was leaving to his coworker that they are to no longer accept any exchanges or returns from online orders. We will never shop at Zales again based on this experience. This salesperson should not be in sales or customer service and needs to find a different line of work because he clearly lacks any basic common decency and does not treat people and customers with respect.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I will never shop here again, online or in store. I have had 2 issues now with their employees. One was reconciled after a week of going back and forth and pretty much being called a liar. They apologized and corrected it but that does not excuse the rudeness. I gave them another chance. The second issue has me furious! My mom has been fighting breast and kidney cancer all year. Her birthday is Dec. 10th and I wanted to get her something nice. I ordered a necklace on November 29th and did the 2 day shipping. When I checked the status of the order on December 5th it still said pending as if my order hadn't even been processed.

I called immediately to cancel it and was going to buy something else that I was sure was going to make it on time. They were very rude and kept transferring me. Then finally said they would have a manager call me back after I was on the phone for 45 mins. I got a callback today, 2 days later and not from a manager, stating that they couldn't cancel the order because it shipped out today. They purposely waited to call me back until after it shipped... Now I have to wait for the item to get here and take it to a store to return it.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I called to inquire about my order. A person named Michelle answer the phone laughing and chewing food. What a behavior... I gave her the order number and the represented the issue. Then she hung up the phone and transfer me from the beginning on hold to someone else. The worst customer service ever. Where do they get this people from to represent their business. No wonder Zales have such a low ratings. I will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Never purchase anything from this store. First they will not never call you, second you cannot call them because they do not answer their phone. ABSOLUTELY NEVER ask for a repair. They do not do anything you ask for and turn your piece into the ugliest thing you have ever seen and do NOT DO WHAT YOU ASK FOR. The reason, they want to keep your gold, your diamonds, your special piece for their resale YOUR JEWELRY RESALE VALUE. They do not want to repair your jewelry, they want your jewelry. ** Call me before sending your jewelry for repair at Zales.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My husband purchased a wedding ring in Feb 2017 online and I was so excited. Within 5 months a diamond had fallen out so I brought into the store in my area (Beaumont, TX) and the associate could not locate my information even with the receipt from the online purchase. I had to give her all the information and basically beg for them to have it repaired. Fast forward not even 10 months later and another diamond has fallen out. Each time I had an inspection it seemed to be done half assed and now there is no record of my inspections. No information was located in their system yet again. My husband was told it would cost $150.00 to replace the diamond after the lady was extremely rude and did not even care. Absolutely outraged to pay 1500.00 for a ring and now I will have to continually pay to have a diamond replaced. Given the track record I will probably be paying more than the original price. DO NOT BUY FROM ZALES.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Very disappointed in Zales jewelry repairs. They don't really care. I have 12 pcs. From Zales I have had to have work on my rings several times always to get them back in poor quality work. My diamond fell out 2 times and sent in both times and comes back with stone different shape, different clarity than was there. Then the prong work I had done was poor to say the least. The prongs are different shaped, different heights. Just awful. Then I sent in to have fixed and get sizing done. Still prongs are not fixed correctly and they didn't do the sizing at all. They had it 3 weeks and I just took it.

The time before that is when they screwed it up in the first place. They had it for 7 weeks. They have under qualified jewelers that do shotty work and ruin great pieces of jewelry. I'm gonna just spend the money and take my rings to Jared and have the sizing done. At least there they seem to know what they are doing. Zales has great diamonds and decent pricing but if you have any problems with your jewelry find a qualified jeweler to do the work. Don't go through Zales. They are awful. And the salespeople are less than knowledgeable. I don't want to have Zales do any work on my jewelry ever again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I had purchased a pendant necklace and a ring from Zales about 7 months ago- a total of about $350 worth of jewelry. The pendant came on a silver chain, which broke twice in a period of a month. I was told upon return to the store that the pendant was designed for “special occasions” and not everyday wear. Seriously? A $150 necklace is clearly intended for everyday wear. It's a heart pendant with a lab created sapphire in the middle. I purchased a new and different chain for about $35 dollars, only to discover a week later that it is now missing a gem. I have barely even worn it! Now onto the ring, it was silver with a rose gold rhodium. The rhodium rubbed off completely in about 3 weeks. Takes 2 weeks to get it redone. Every. Single. Time. Zales is complete and utter trash. They take NO pride or responsibility in the quality of their products. Avoid this business at all cost.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My husband bought me a beautiful diamond pendant necklace and a diamond tennis bracelet from Zales. The chain it came with was cheap, typical because they want you to come back and spend more money. So, I went in to get a more durable chain and to get the pendant soldered to it. Figuring my husband had an account at Zales I did not bring any paperwork. When they looked us up in the system all they could find was the bracelet purchase. You would think a national company would have a decent computer system to look up their customers' transactions in this day and age. My husband had to come to the store and after a lengthy question and answer session magically the transaction was found.

So, they sent the pendant in with my new chain to get soldered and 2 months later it comes back looking hideous. It had two hoops off to the side to connect the chain. I had to send it back to have them remove the hoops. Two months later I get it back and it was decent enough. A little crooked but at this point I'm done. This was all 2 years ago. So, the diamond fell out and luckily I found it on my bathroom counter.

I took it to Zales to see if they could fix it, not bringing my paperwork because there is no way they won't be able to find it after the last experience and guess what???? They have no record of it. All of the other transactions are listed but not the necklace. Again, how can a national company have such a crappy computer system. To make it worse they acted like I was the idiot for not having my paperwork. They asked me probably 10 times, if I had my receipt. It shouldn't have mattered as long as you have an account.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My husband bought me a rose gold bracelet from Zales which he gave me last month. Within the space of one month the chain has broken TWICE! The first time, I tried to get it repaired/replaced and initially the store tried to refuse (this was after I had the bracelet for 3 days). After much persistence they finally got me a replacement after I refused to pay up more money for a faulty product. Then today, the second bracelet replacement has now snapped again. The quality is poor and it's very disappointing as it was a wedding gift. Definitely do not recommend for either product or customer service.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Bought a ring online. It was beautiful in the picture and cost $400. When I finally got it I discovered the quality was HORRID! So I went on their site and wrote them a short letter. Within 48 hours I received an email saying they needed time to look into my complaint. After 2 months I sent them another email. They never responded. I wrote to them in June. and again in Aug. They have never contacted me and have never answered any of my questions. Now it's October and still waiting!

Also I recommended Zales to my granddaughter who was getting married. She and fiancee bought the ring at Zales in the mall. Zales told them they could bring

it to be sized to the right size any time in the future. She went back 2 weeks later and the store was GONE! She called and was told she would have to drive to another state to get her ring sized. She was also told they wouldn't size it unless Zales could fit the ring to HER hand in person!!! What's going on? I think they are trying to put themselves out of business! Do not buy from Zales!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought a ring for 600 from Zales and paid all but 346.00. That was my bill in December of 2017. I was in the moving process and forgot to pay the bill until March. I had not gotten anything from Zales as far as an additional bill even though I updated a change of address. Once they got my payment. A creditor not Zales sent a letter thanking me for my payment of 346.00 but I still owe an additional 880.00. How is that possible when I only owed 346.00. With interest and late fees for 90 days would not equal 880.00. That would make a 250% interest rate. I disputed with them and asked where they got that amount, I was just sent a bill with a previous balance of 880.00 and I owe immediately 306.00. The amount I balance with was received as a payment magically disappeared. I still have the bill and payment. I will go to credit bureaus or sue if nothing is done. This is extremely excessive and unfair practices!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

There was a balance on my account for a total of $1,740.43 and a subsequent balance on my wife’s account for $213.57. My wife mailed out checks for payment in full for both of our accounts on July 20th, 2018. It appears as though those checks were never received or cashed. Since payment was not received by Zales an interest charge of $1,831.57 was added to my account, more than we even owed! As soon as we realized the payment was never processed we called and paid the balance in full. I have included the invoice and check information along with this letter as proof. Along with bank statement that the funds were available at the time these checks were sent.

As loyal customers my husband and myself would love to continue our relationship with Zales, but will close both of our accounts and mention this to our friends and family if this is not adjusted. We hope corporate can understand the circumstances and dismiss the interest fee assessed to this account. We hope to turn this stressful situation into a positive experience with your company!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I got engaged. You'd think it would be a happy time right? I was told 7-10 days to have it sized one size smaller... 3 weeks later I got it. Wore it for 2 days. The main diamond fell out. Another 3 weeks for that. Called yesterday. Lady said it wasn't sent out yet!! My fiance yelled at her today. She calls and says ring is ready.

Wow some miracle. Get it and she says, "I don't appreciate getting yelled at." I said, "I don't appreciate my diamond falling out."

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My fiance and I decided to look at rings and I fell in love with the Disney Jasmine ring. I wear a 9 1/2 in ring size, but they only have a 7 in stock. The woman who helped us said that more than likely we'd have to order it custom and it would take about 13 weeks. We were fine with that. The due date comes by on the order, we pop in and they received the ring it, but they had tried to resize the 7 into a 9 1/2. It was lopsided. The woman kept telling us it didn't look lopsided to her despite the fact that it was quite obvious. We took the ring home and it continued to bother me, so within 24 hours, we took the ring back and spoke with the manager. He immediately looked at the ring and said it was lopsided. He proceeded to order us a custom ring and it came in about 8-10 weeks later and looks perfect. It's hard to find honest individuals here.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered a pair of earrings on 08/20/18 online. After putting in my card, everything went through fine. Or so I thought. I did not receive a confirmation email or order number and the payment was pending in my account. After three days, the pending charge dropped. I used the chat service and spoke with Paul ** and have the conversation saved. I asked why there was never a number and also wanted to know what was going on. I asked if the email could be resent and he said no, it might have went to spam. When I said I wanted to cancel because they lied on the amount of days it would take to ship. When ordered, it said 8 days but he said 8 days plus 10 for processing. I said again I wanted to cancel and then he said he could resend the email. Suspicious. I called customer service the next day and the woman said she could not even find my order.

I gave her details of the chat and the actual case number. I was assured that there was no order and nothing being taken out of my account. Weird since "Paul" could find it. A week later, I get an email (not in spam) saying my order shipped with two day Air and magically had the order number on it. I called customer service again, explained the situation and the exact time of previous call and chat and was told nothing could be done as it had already shipped. When I asked to speak with a manager, she wouldn't and "put in a request." I am livid. I had already purchased other earrings off Amazon. A lot of money to just come out of my account out of the blue. I was told I could mail it back or go in to the store. I am calling again and going to the store as I just received the package...which even had the custom message I had put as it was a gift. WORST EXPERIENCE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have been in Zales customer since 2014. I have not made a purchase since late 2016 but was planning on using my Zales card for my anniversary to purchase a gift for my significant other. I got on Credit Karma this morning to check my credit score and to my surprise my account had been closed with Zales, causing my credit score to go down for not having enough open accounts. I spoke with customer service management and they informed me that it is outlined in the terms and conditions but it is not necessary for them to contact their customers to notify them that their account will be closed or has been closed.

This is horrible customer service and bad business. The representative asked what I would like for him to do for me and I told him that I would like for my account to be reopened, he informed me that he could not re-open it but I was more than welcome to reapply. I responded by saying that I should not have to do that seeing as how I already had an account with them and it was closed without my knowledge. Super disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I would like to begin this review by stating if I could give zero stars I would. Around the middle of May 2018, my girlfriend (now fiance) and I went to Zales located in Waldorf, Maryland. My girlfriend found a really nice ring for a great price. The woman working proceeded to size her finger and stated she needed a 7 1/2. Well we left that day feeling great because I knew this was the ring she wanted and I was going to go back later and purchase it. I proceeded to go back to this location a week later and purchase the ring, but they didn't have it in stock anymore so they had to order it. The manager Kevin stated it would take a week for the ring to come in and about two weeks to get it sized.

Please keep in mind I let Kevin know the ring needed to be a 7 1/2. I planned on proposing in mid-June. I was able to get the ring back the week before we went to Ocean City so I was satisfied and excited for the big day to happen. Well the day came and I proposed in front of our entire family on the beach and needless to say it was romantic. BUT... when I went to slide the ring on it was loose and when I say loose it was ready to fall off. The ring was able to freely rotate around her finger. I was extremely pissed off. She wasn't able to wear the ring due to the fear of it falling off. While we were still out in Ocean City we took the ring to another jewelry store and had it sized and guess what? It was a 8 1/2. I could see 7 3/4 and maybe 8... but 8 1/2.

I called the store in Waldorf and spoke to Kevin and he said to bring it in with a copy of the warranty. About a week later we went in and spoke to Kevin. Well this guy states to my fiance that sometimes it gets sized to big that it just happens. What a bull crap response. Also he stated it was a good thing I got the warranty so they can send it out to get resized. Well excuse me but you morons sized it wrong in the first place. If I didn't have the warranty they would have charged me for the resizing. I tell Kevin, "Well while it's getting resized please send it out for appraisal." Kevin stated it would be about two weeks for the appraisal and two weeks for the resize. Well three weeks go by and the ring still wasn't back from appraisal. My fiance calls and this Kevin character tells her, "I'm sorry if you misheard me it takes about a month.

This Kevin guy is a joke and shouldn't be allowed to manage a bowl of cereal. His customer service skills are horrible. He has continued to make excuses and be untruthful with me and my fiance. The ring finally got back from appraisal today but will be out for another two weeks for sizing. I spend thousands of dollars for her not to have her ring for over two months. Not acceptable by any means. We haven't been able to take our engagement photos or have our engagement party. We have had to reschedule both and lost deposits for both. I will not be paying for the appraisal and I will be in contact with my legal counsel to pursue litigation for the loss of the deposits and mental pain and suffering my fiance has incurred because of this stressful situation. I will never use Zales again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I purchased a gold wedding band from Zales through a discount they were having. I was sent the wrong ring size, so I followed the directions exactly in returning the ring to get the right size. After waiting about 4 weeks and hearing nothing, and not receiving my ring, I called the main customer service. I was told I would not be receiving another ring because I did not email the customer service center before sending in the wrong size ring with a request to get the right size. I was told the discount I had revived would also not be given back to me if I were to purchase the right size. I asked to speak with the manager of the girl I was speaking to, AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME after putting me on hold multiple times.

I called back a second time and was put on hold for about 20 minutes 3 different times, the 4th time I asked the girl what her manager's name was and she refused to tell me... And told me her manager was too busy and did not have time to talk to me and I would just have to call back another day. She then tried to put me on hold again. I stopped her and said, "No. Do not put me on hold AGAIN!" She said ok, and then continued to put me on hold. After about 10 min of being on hold again I hung up and called back. After multiple times of asking the girl I was speaking with who her manager was she told me her manager was not a girl and that is all she could tell me.

I continued to ask and finally got her manager's name, Dan **... She refused to tell me his boss's name, saying he was the main guy. I still have not revived my ring, and I have NEVER HAD SUCH HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I RECOMMEND THAT NOBODY DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! I will continue to fill out more reviews on every page I can find. I do expect a reply from Zales, I do expect them to honor their deal, and I do respect my ring (the right size) and I do expect Zales to handle this in an honest and honorable way, because this is ridiculous!!!

Original review: July 31, 2018

DO NOT BUY FROM ZALES JEWELERS!!! My boyfriend bought me a necklace and cross with my birthstone in it for a gift at the Zales in Gulfview Mall in Port Richey, FL. He paid more that $200.00 for it and according to them it was a bargain price! This week the larger of the stones fell out and 3 of the 4 smaller stones were loose. I took the necklace back to Zales with the receipt and they refused to fix it for free and the price they wanted to charge me was close to $100.00! As I kept asking why they didn't stand by their product etc., they kept pushing me to purchase insurance on it for $129.95 telling me that no matter how many times it breaks it will be fixed for free. I declined. No matter what I said they answered with buying the insurance. The prices, quality, and customer service at Zales leaves a lot to be desired and I will never step foot in another Zales.

Zales Company Information