Call toll free
3.72/5
Based on 105 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Stauer Jewelry provides an extraordinary selection of jewelry, watches and other luxury items. We travel directly to the source to find the most exquisite and rare pieces. Our efforts allow us to offer these unique items at the best prices. Let us be your personal shoppers for smart luxuries at surprising prices.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 21, 2018

565 Stauer Jewelry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I am a new customer of Stauer. So far I am very impressed by their quality and value. I phoned in an order and found their representative was very helpful and patient. They truly want to make their customers happy. There are also great deals and lots of coupons that help make purchases very affordable. I very pleased with Stauer!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I’ve been through Stauer Jewelry for about two or three years and have purchased rings and pendants from them. I’ve talked to their people over the phone and they’ve been courteous and able to answer my question. I will recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I saw a Stauer hybrid watch in an auto magazine and it looked attractive to me so I bought it. After that, I started getting their catalogs and that turned me on to all of their products. Now I own two of their rings, a leather bracelet and a watch. I gave one of my housemates a watch that I previously had and he has also been very happy with it. I told him that if the band goes out, I'll get him another one.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

The snowflake pendant I ordered turned out to be a pin. Also it looked white in the picture but it is actually silver and sparkly. An issue I have with Stauer in general is that you're not allowed to use more than one offer number. I like free shipping plus a discount.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

A great watch for the money. It looks like the watch should cost much more. A very handsome watch and very well made. Very happy with this watch. Would definitely recommend the watch to a friend, this watch will definitely be my favorite...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Paradise Pink Pendant and Membership Package for 1 year. Stauer has very beautiful jewelry and I have told several of my friends about it so they too can enjoy the beauty of there purchase, I also plan on purchasing more from them. Thank you for having the best of the best.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Stauer Jewelry is a good place to go. I bought a few things from them since I liked the looks of the pieces that I got. I talked to somebody over the phone to make my purchase and the wait time to get the products was three weeks, which was quite a bit. Nonetheless, I’d tell others to go for Stauer Jewelry.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I received order quickly; however Argento Byzantine silver necklace and bracelet set did not have the bright luxurious sliver as pictured on catalog ~ Both were... dull and looked like stainless steel. While waiting for my refund, I notice that I am getting extra "charitable request, insurance and other mail. Stauer sells your mailing address for SURE. They say not email... but mailing address, Staurer sells. They spelled my name wrong when order came in and added my husband's name to my order also... afterward getting extra mail with both my name spelled incorrectly and my husband's name too!!! I don't appreciate that Stauer!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Enjoy using Stauer catalog because of its many diverse items. For a gift, or for myself... I always find something. The sunglasses at 2 for one price was a huge bargain, and the glasses and frames were very high quality. They even help with glare at night. I have signs of macular degeneration and always wear sunglasses. These are perfect!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I called and waited 20 min. and no answer. Then went on web. My item was $49.00. It kept coming up $149.00. I went off but really wanted item. Called again with different number. After waiting 10 min. got nice lady. She knew I was steamed. I held my breath and gave order etc. Then for sending my 49.00 item at around 8 oz., she said it would be 13.00 additional dollars.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I ordered merchandise, part of which was on back order. Upon inquiring as to how soon the expected shipment would be, customer service advise within 24hrs, fully understanding the situation. Due to the attention given and understanding, I will continue to purchase quality merchandise, and customer service is fantastic if concerns arise. Keep up the great job! You understand customer service and have set the bar where others have yet to accomplish!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The first knife I bought from Stauer was the one with the gut hook on it, and I got two of those in the shelf up here. Then they started sending me catalogs every week and they gave me $50 certificates, which I’ve been using too. I purchase over the phone, and the experience has been okay. The reps were all great and they knew exactly what I wanted. All of them were really nice guys. I only had trouble with one knife and it might not have been theirs. The handle wasn’t done right and the metal was terrible so I called them and they sent me another one. They even told me to keep the old one. I’d recommend Stauer Jewelry. I got a neat display case here with knives, and I can bring people here to show them off.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I recently purchased a watch (Urban Blue) from Stauer. I accidentally lost the shipping info that was sent to me. I contacted the customer service number and they were great, in restoring my lost info and answered questions that I hadn't thought of. The product I received was better quality than I ever experienced. Trustworthy company!!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I’ve ordered two watches from this company and I am quite satisfied with them. They keep very accurate time, and the price couldn’t be beat. Two problems however. Their sales staff can be rather pushy in trying to sell you something you don’t want. Also, the leather bands that come with the watches are quite long, so I have to go out and buy another one for twenty plus dollars. They don’t offer smaller bands. Other than that, no complaints.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have placed 2 orders of long overdue jewelry, watches and women's handbags with Stauer in November, 2017 and was really impressed with the high quality of the merchandise and the professionalism of their customer service representatives. I was extremely busy since then and finally found the time to place long overdue gift orders with Stauer. I dealt with 3 different representatives and with their expert, courteous and professional assistance placed 3 new orders today.

Angelica was the one to help me with my first, most complicated, order. Her expertise, patience and cordial demeanor rate 14 on a scale of 1 to 10! Chris was very helpful in quickly resolving a couple of minor back order issues and connecting me with Angelica. I have to note that Stauer prices are very reasonable for the quality of their products and their special sales are just incredible and impossible to resist. Check out their website: www.Stauer.com. It goes without saying that I am strongly endorsing and recommending Stauer company and their excellent products.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I really like the customer service I could at Stauer Jewelry Company. I really love the jewelry. I get compliments on it everywhere I go. My two daughters can't wait to see you when I get them for their birthdays, because they love their Christmas gifts. I got them from Stauer! It is extremely affordable hassle free and always satisfied! Thank you Sarah for your top-notch service!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I spoke with one of your customer representative today (20th Jan). I bought a Graves 33 model in 2008. I need to have the strap replaced and the month and date dials do not work. What a shock when I was told that you DO NOT do repairs and that these models are basically throwaways. Is this a way to run a business and try to increase revenue and sales, I don’t think so. Please provide a response which will address the situation and offer a way forward for resolution. I understand that the warranty is long gone but I also believe that Stauer’s integrity and reputation is at stake here. Time is of the essence… I then received a response from customer center... Not read: Watch repair or replacement for order ** which mean no one cares. An answer would be appreciated

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Just got a knife in mail. Worst knife I have ever owned. It is so cheap, will not get a sharp edge, tried three stones. Will not cut paper! The sheaf is so bad, hardly leather, one step above cardboard. Will never buy from Stauer again, Pakistan, horrible product.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

A screw pin came out of my High Noon watch. I called on 11-27-17 and spoke with Jonathon about sending a new pin to me. He said he would put in the order and have it sent. I waited....no one called me from Stauer with an update, so I called back on 12-12-17 and spoke with Chris. He had to check on the status of the order. He said they have to wait for the same watch be returned by another customer so they could take the pin out of a "used" watch and send it to me. So, I wait again... no call from Stauer giving me an update. So I call back again on 1-3-18 and spoke with Kathy. She said no pin has been sent. She actually did say she would give me a callback with an update. Again, NO call back. So I called again on 1-10-18 and spoke with Kathy again. She instructed me to send the watch back and Stauer will replace it. So I mailed it back that same day (1-10-18).

I called today (1-17-18) and spoke with Kayla. She said they have not received it back yet. Really? After a week it still has not made it from Colorado to Minnesota? Kayla informed me that once they receive my watch, it will take another 4-6 WEEKS to put a new order in for a new watch. So, I will be waiting until March, 2018 before I receive my watch back. This started in November, 2017 and I won't get a watch back until March, 2018? This is terrible customer service. I am not sure if I will ever buy another watch from Stauer with this experience. This is frustrating because I love the watches I do have from Stauer. Can someone in management call me and explain why this will take so long?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Total fake Damascus knife, scabbard does not work for knife and is a total failure in design, knife sharpening bevel is terrible and displays the knife is a total fake. Damascus engraving is totally fake. $80 with shipping for a describe $180 value is totally fake. Knife is worth about $20.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

This is the second time I have ordered from Stauer, and both with negative results. Customer service personnel was rude, and very not informative. Offered no assistance. I had to call Yodel myself to find out that they cannot find the order, so it was cancelled. Then on this order, we was never informed that the watch was no longer available. They was prepaid, and only when I called from not receiving the watch did I find this out. Will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Karate Tanzanite Ring Size 10 - I am very pleased with the service and help I received in my transaction. Will definitely be returning to your store again. Thank you very much for all your help. I am very pleased with my ring I love it very much. And I will recommend you to all my friends and family.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

My late, GREAT father used to say that the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten and that is true but for one exception and that's Stauer which I literally stumbled across last month ordering a 200.00 watch for 30.00 and getting a catalog for 60.00 off 100.00 purchase which I used immediately purchasing the unique looking 1930 with a mostly solid brushed alum face and was offered the Platinum membership for 100.00 allowing 30% of that order along with 60.00 off the marked down from 300.00 to 100.00 watch, which I accepted readily. They, just about gave me platinum status and what a way to make a great 1st & 2nd impression.

Then I received my 1st watch and it didn't work. Called CS and they immediately handled it so I shipped it back and received my Platinum membership goodies and for the 100.00 price of which I almost paid 20.00 for, I received 4x50.00 coupons off ANY price for myself and 4x50.00 coupons to give away which I did almost immediately. Being in the holiday spirit I guess was Stauer because when my 1930 arrived, she had two more 50.00 giveaway coupons in the impressive package and those two were almost immediately dispatched as well and when I called to see where my first watch was and intended to use one of my 50.00 coupons for some sunglasses at the same time, I was told that since my watch was delayed, they were going to give me the shades which I told her was unnecessary but insistent she was to give Platinum members Platinum treatment so who am I to argue?

When the watch did arrive working this time, it too had 2x50.00 giveaway cards and I was blown away. I had already given away 400.00 in giveaway coupons and hadn't spent the 1st one of mine. I must say that it is refreshing to deal with a company that isn't out to stroke me at every opportunity like some "utility" companies who inflate your bill each month to see who is paying attention and 75-80% of customers routinely pull out their checkbooks and write away without even looking. Of those people? All are being legally extorted and of the ones like me who look at every number? "Oh. We're sorry, we will fix it and it won't happen again." Until it does but how many people do they rip off and get away with it month after month and year after year? Can you say mass class action?

I don't think I'm going to have to worry too much about getting that type of shakedown with Stauer because, oddly enough, the shades I ordered that were given to me weren't comfortable and when I asked if I could switch them out, the clairvoyant young lady said they would ship out the very glasses I was going to order anyway which are The STIG glasses x2 pairs to replace the ones I sent back. I also bought two Copper Flyboy shades for 12.50 each and they're perfect UV protection and I drive to pay my bills. What else? Not sure yet but you can bet that whatever feedback I can give both + or - will be put here though from what I can tell so far, I'm probably going to be a Platinum member as long as I live and they stay in business.

Afford The Extraordinary is their motto and from my perspective, it's a perfect description of this company and if you're an HR professional and you're looking in on how to improve your company CS relations? I would urge you to find the model Stauer uses and follow it to the letter and you're sure to succeed. I am not a paid endorser of this or any other company and if they piss me off I'll write that up/out too (but maybe long winded HA!)! LolOWell. If Stauer sold GROCERIES? As a Platinum member? I wouldn't shop anywhere else. Seriously.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017 Every item is not what is shown in the catalog and the shipping charges are out of site. Way too small for what is shown and the chain is extra and too damn short.

Will never order again so you may stop sending catalogs. Sorry I ever started with this company.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I’ve gotten a lot of gifts from my husband that came from Stauer Jewelry. And I’ve always been very pleased with them. With Stauer, you know what you’re getting from them. The DiamondAura are lab diamonds, but they’re beautiful. And the prices are very good. I bought a lot of things for myself. I ordered over the internet, which was too easy that it was dangerous. I also bought gifts. And there was a tanzanite bracelet I had to send back because the clasp had a little piece missing from it. It’s like one of the safety features, and I haven’t received a replacement yet. But they said it would be two to four weeks, which is really fast for an exchange. And they’re very reliable, too.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Being now retired military, I have through the years had everything from military issue watches to the high end Japanese and even Swiss movement watches. My favorite as far as durability, accuracy and reliability was a Stauer watch which as I recall I got for Christmas in 2006. Well this past Summer doing some mild whitewater kayaking, my band broke and the watch was lost (it is probably still ticking somewhere).

I never had an issue with the watch and did have it cleaned a couple years ago after the crystal cracked while indoor skydiving. I had seen an ad for the Blue Stone Cold Fox at a real steal of a price and put out a few hints. UNFORTUNATELY my family thought it was a joke about a female wrestler versus the male wrestler with a similar name and bought me a Japanese made watch. I had seen a lot of reviews (some which I felt were unfair since the authors admitted they hadn't even contacted Stauer Customer Service) and I just wanted to add my own positive experience with the company and watch line.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I ordered a necklace from them on December 4th. On the first page, it showed the grand total as $62, but after I clicked submit, the order changed to $220. A pain in the butt, but I did call them the following day and they updated the order to reflect the original dollar amount. The lady on the phone was really nice and she said that my item was on backorder and asked if that is still ok and I said it's fine. Anyways, I checked the order a couple times and it would still say "backorder". The lady on the phone suggested only a couple days maximum on the backorder, but this ended up not to be the case. I finally checked the order again today on December 19th and the order was cancelled! But they NEVER bothered to tell me that they were cancelling the order!!

I'm going back to Canada in two days for the holidays (I am an expat in USA) and now I have to scramble tonight to figure out a last minute gift for my mom for Christmas before I travel back home! What a pain!! I would never order from them again for the sheer purpose that they inconvenienced me twice while trying to order a product from them. I wish I knew they were cancelling my order a lot sooner so I wouldn't feel so rushed today with my situation. Guess it's time for me to brace the crowds at the mall tonight to find something last minute for mom. :(

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

The first pieces my husband bought me was a Helenite necklace and earring set. At first I was delighted with it but after a couple of wearings the gold finish began to wear off. This morning I decided to wear a Pink Champagne set that I had only worn twice before and I noticed that the finish was worn off the earring backs and the clasp on the necklace. I have quite a few Stauer pieces and I'm happy with all the silver ones but I wouldn't recommend anything with a gold finish.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Ordered product on December 4, 2017 with a delivery date of December 12, 2017. Currently have not received the item. The primary delivery method was UPS, Stauer switched to USPS mid delivery for unknown reason. No explanation was provided for the switch or the delay.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have purchased a number of watches from Stauer over the past ten years. My last was a blue faced diver's watch which has become my favorite of all! Prior to this purchase my daily wear watch was my long loved Rolex Submariner. I bought the diver's watch for the days I would be doing lots of "hands on" work with tools (I am a general contractor) and didn't want to risk damaging the Rolex. After a few days with the Stauer dive watch the Rolex was retired. My new Stauer watch keeps perfect time, has the same weighty quality feel, and similar high visibility that I have come to expect from a quality product. The ONLY thing that could make this watch better would be to add tritium markers. Were that to be done by Stauer this watch would be the finest addition to any man's collection he could have! Wonderful products, outstanding prices, and quality that is some of the best I have ever experienced! Thank you Stauer.

Stauer Jewelry Company Information

www.stauer.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use