toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I especially like Stauer's necklaces but some of the styles and colors of their jewelry matched the clothes that I wear. What I would have really liked would have been the earrings that aren’t the wire pieces, but I haven’t found too many of those. So mostly what I've ordered were necklaces. A couple of times, I purchased online. And then later I got a call from a guy who is at Stauer and so now when I want to place an order, I call and deal directly with him. He’s easy to work with and very thoughtful and helpful. I still get the catalogs, though. I go through them and decide if I am going to order something. So far, it’s been good. I’m very satisfied with the pieces that I have ordered and being able to deal directly with the guy because sometimes when I call and talk to him about a certain thing, he’d also tell me about something else that they’re getting ready to do a special on in case I might be interested. But there’s never any pressure.

I recently purchased the Metropolitan Watch. I am pleased with the watch and would buy another watch but I have a suggestion. Put a quality band on the other watches you sell. The buckle on the band has come off three times.

My Stauer experience. Three years ago I purchased a Stauer "Corso" model watch, very accurate, great appearance, and highly dependable. When it needed repairs, I bundled it up and sent it back with a simple request for service. In less than two weeks I got my watch back working to (as usual) perfection! The repair cost was more than reasonable. I highly recommend Stauer. Accuracy, dependability, appearance, affordability...5 stars!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My girlfriend and I like the products offered at Stauer Jewelry. The price was great and the quality is top-grade item. Also, they've got beautifully-styled, designed stuff. If I have a need in the future, Stauer Jewelry is definitely where I'm going.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a hunting knife from Stauer Jewelry that looked very well-made and had a very good price. The purchase was quick, smooth, and professional. We got it done and they delivered what they said, when they said they would. Additionally, I ended up joining their little club for a year, and they sent me some coupons and I got a couple of other purchases coming up before my coupons expires.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The experience with Stauer on the whole was good. I saw on the internet that they had inexpensive and nice-looking walking sticks on sale. I'm a senior citizen and I walk with a cane now so I purchased four of them. One of them had the head of a rabbit. My cousin collects canes as a hobby and he's got everything else. I bought one and gave it to him as a present. For Christmas I saw that Stauer had Christmas tree brooch on sale for $12.25. I have a pretty strict budget and normally don't buy anything for my cousins and we don't exchange presents. But this past Christmas, I purchased seven of those brooches and gave it to my cousins. They loved it and wore it on their coat for the holidays.

There was a pair of Cinderella earrings that Stauer had on sale during Valentine's at a very reasonable cost and I wasn't really interested in purchasing it at the time. But a few months later I decided that I wanted to get it. Unfortunately, the price had gone up from $49 to $299. One day, a rep from Stauer called me and asked how he could help. I said what I was looking at and I was not gonna pay $299. She told me to hold on a minute and then she said she can get those for me for $39 so I ended up purchasing them.

Another female friend of mine collects butterflies. I saw that Stauer had a butterfly brooch on sale and I also bought that. They have me down as a Platinum Buyer. One time, I had a problem with the head of one of the canes. I then called them and they told me to send it back and have it replaced. They've been good people 100%. I highly recommend Stauer Jewelry. As a matter of fact, whenever I order, they send me a booklet of what they have and I have been passing that around to a couple of people. They like what they see and two of them have purchased from Stauer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I see Stauer all the time in the magazines that I read. I liked one of their watches and its price so I filled something out to purchase, sent them in and it was done. The watch is okay and it runs all the time.

After numerous attempts I can't get the watch set to EST. I have followed the direction, got Month and day, then that's it. It will reset to 1200 then when it tries to reset it's anywhere from an hour to an hour half away from actual time. Help me. It looks like a great time piece.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love jewelry and have a lot of it. I liked what I saw at Stauer Jewelry so I tried it out. The prices were good and I love the stories. They’ve really done a lot of traveling to try to find the best stuff. I like the selection that they have and I have so many nice things from them like rings, necklaces, and earrings, and I'm very happy. I have a pink tourmaline ring and a Pamirite ring that I thought was going to be pinker. I also ordered a pink morganite ring but it was too light. I wanted pinker color so I sent that back. I have a pink pearl necklace which is really pretty. I bought earrings that go with it too. I also got a Stauer watch in rose gold. Aside from those, I love getting advice from the lady there and she helped me try to figure out what to get.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to get my wife something for an occasion so I bought something from Stauer. It was nice and since then, I bought several other things. However, it hasn't been all that great lately. I bought a ring that was too small. Stauer was supposed to send me a receipt and I was going to send it back for them to replace with the right size. Then about two weeks ago, I got an email that said they had sent me a new ring, but it hasn't showed up. I also still haven't got the receipt to send the other one back with.

I talked to a girl and she was nice and said that they were taking care of it but it never got to the point that I got a receipt to send this ring back. She told me they had the right size. I was a little surprised because they said last week that they were shipping it and delivery doesn't normally take 10 days to get here. So, right now, I'm very seriously considering not buying anything else from them.

I received a ad in TIME and then went to STAUER site on internet where I found great deals and EXCELLENT PRICES. When I received the merchandise it was EXCELLENT merchandise for the price. I would recommend them to others and am going to purchase again from them in the future. I have a wish list and gifts to buy. You have one very satisfied customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We tried Stauer a couple of years ago and I liked the company and everything about it. We had some success about their product. Then we ordered some gold jewelry. It was shipped in but it was not gold, it was yellow. My girlfriend was unhappy so I sent it back. They re-sent it but it just wasn't good so we re-sent it back. We got our money back but we're unhappy. I thought I'm not gonna order from them anymore so I quit. But I got literature all of the time and then Valentine’s Day was coming so I thought I'd give it another try. We just got the product and my girlfriend was happy with it.

Their sales rep are very good. Every time I deal with them, they're very pleasant and very helpful. However, Stauer signed me up on this $99 special deal and they put it on my credit card but I don't need it. But I did it so I will call them and get that credited to my account. Nevertheless, I probably will do more business with them. If my girlfriend likes it and she's happy then I'll get it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Stauer Jewelry on The American Legion Magazine and I was in the market for a watch for myself. They had one at the right price at the right time so I haven't looked at any other. I then made a phone call and gave them my credit card number, then they sent me the watch. It's a very easy process. I had a very good interaction with the very good sales member I spoke to. In fact, I have bought six more watches since the first one. They're of good quality and they keep great time. I was very pleased with every transaction I've had, that's why I've recommended them.

So disappointing! My son was going to give this to his girlfriend and it is an embarrassment! Feels and looks like plastic. So tiny in size too. The description is completely false. There is no way this is regularly $195. I will question buying something from you again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the jewelry that was advertised by Stauer. It was a good deal and I was looking for that particular type of jewelry. It was very easy to purchase from them and my interactions with their sales rep have been very helpful. I'd recommend them to somebody else.

Very helpful and monstro professional. All businesses and jobs depend on a vast number of people, often unnoticed and unthanked, without which nothing really gets done. They are all human and deserve respect and gratitude. Make it simple, but significant.

Having received many lovely gifts from Stauer, I knew Stauer is a high quality jewelry company when I called to place an order last month. But I had the truly great experience of talking with a representative who offered the Platinum Membership to me, which I quickly accepted and am now enjoying all the benefits of much lower costs when ordering gifts for family and friends!

I've been a Stauer customer since 2014 and have purchased lots of jewelry from them. However that has come to a grinding halt with the experience I've had with that company that begun on 2/3/17. On that date, I ordered a ring and a necklace using the online option (which I've always used). In checking my bank account, like I always do with every online purchase I make with any company, I noticed that 2 preauthorizations for the amount of my order had been deducted from my bank account. I called Stauer right away and was first told that a preauthorization only verified my bank account and that there was only one preauth. on my order and that no money had been deducted from my account and wouldn't be until my order had been shipped and a point of sale appeared on my account.

When I told the woman at Stauer that I was looking at my online bank statement at the very minute that I was speaking to her and that there were indeed 2 preauths in the same amount deducted from it, she continued to dispute my word until she was finally convinced that I wasn't going to be swayed by her pat answers and discussed the matter with either another Stauer employee or her supervisor. After a few minutes she suggested that I wait a day and that I would see that the preauths. would "fall off" my account. After that conversation, I called my bank and after explaining the situation It was suggested that I wait to see what would happen and that they were also sure the preauths would "fall off" overnight.

Monday morning came and instead of 2 preauths. there was now only one deducted from my account BUT a point of sale had also been deducted!! When I called the bank Monday morning (2/6/17), I was told that nothing could be done on their end and that Stauer would need to "fix the problem" and if it couldn't then I would have to file a dispute form and have to be issued a new card. So I called Stauer was first told that they could do nothing about it and that the bank would have to correct the problem. When I told them what the bank told me then I was told to "be patient" and that it could take up to 3 days for the preauth. to "fall off" my bank statement.

So now it's Tuesday morning (2/7/17) and I checked the bank statement hoping beyond hope that the preauth. had fallen off my account. Instead I found that the date of the preauth. had changed from 2/3/17 to 2/7/17!! I believe that the preauth. dated 2/3/17 had "fallen off" my account but that Stauer, for whatever reason, had applied a new preauth. on 2/7/17. I know the bank would not have done that. So at 9 AM sharp I will be calling Stauer again and this time I will get nasty with them. I've been very polite with them up to this point but enough is enough! I'll also say this... there is NO WAY that I will ever, ever, ever order anything from Stauer again!!! As a matter of fact, I think Stauer should reimburse me for my last order. That's the very least Stauer can do for all the grief they've put me through but I know that won't happen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had a couple of real failures with Stauer. The finish wore off on one gold watch and another one failed to keep time. Also, they should stop charging Canadians so much for shipping. But their sales team was very good.

Giant white shark tooth pendant and chain - It was a no-hassle shopping experience. Every step was clear and easy to understand. Having this site recommended by Norton with their shopping guarantee gave me that much more confidence that I would receive my merchandise without problem.

Just want to comment on the Gold Leaf Stauer Day Date Watch I recently bought. This watch is very accurate and it is a Rolex look alike! I wear it 24/7 except when I take a shower/bath. I own a Rolex and proud that my Stauer watch resembles the look of it. Its craftsmanship is exquisite and I am truly proud to wear it to meetings, parties and everywhere I go. For its value and quality nothing else can come close. To say the least, I highly recommend this product. Good buy and excellent choice for gifts too.

Placed order on the 12th of December. Was contacted on the 19th and told that a processing error had occurred and I needed to fix it. Why they waited so long to notify me was beyond comprehension but I complied and expressed the urgency for the products to arrive before Christmas. They assured me that everything was going to be fine and they had everything in stock and were going to express ship at no additional charge. Lies, lies, and more lies. I call on Friday the 23rd and was informed that my package would not be delivered until after Christmas since the express delivery was not put on my order. To make matters worse, the order was wrong. and short two items. At this point, I could care less. Christmas ruined, wife utterly destroyed, and not even an apology from anyone in the company. I will never do business with this company ever again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Feb. 15, 2017

A full refund has been posted to my account, but they still lost a customer.

Dear Mr. DePasquale

I'm are sorry to hear of your experience with our Customer Service Department. We have forward your message to the appropriate personnel so that his matter can be addressed and retraining would be provided to the agent . We take full responsibility for the situation and to apologize for your experience. We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, this will help improve our operations and services. Thank you and have a great day!

Addy Donkhong

Customer Relations Administrator

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I was very disappointed with Stauer customer service when I called about a damaged cast fire engine that I had purchased as a Christmas gift. It was advertised as a cast model (instead it was made out of plastic not cast). A second item was a broach for my wife advertised in the picture as a beautiful blue cut stone. Not so. It was a dingy gray something or other I could have found in my yard. I asked for a full refund including shipping. They said company policy was not to refund shipping cost. I said even if the item is damaged? They responded YES. So I ended up losing $20.00 and they lost a customer for life. I have requested that they remove my name from all mailings and emails. READ THE SMALL PRINT.

Told you last year that John ** passed away. And now you charged my credit card $99 automatically for membership renewal. Need the credit card reversed or I am reporting this as a scam. Did not give permission to renew this. What do you need a death certificate.

I got the new dive watch for a gift. I have multiple watches from you guys. Once again I am never disappointed with you guys. 5 stars indeed. I could go endless on how good you are to anyone. Thanks again for another great watch.

I returned a watch I purchased December 23rd, 2016 on December 30th, 2016 in the return envelope provided by the company. It has been two weeks and they still don't have my item back. No one in customer service will help and they told me WHEN they do get my return, it will take 10-14 BUSINESS days to refund my credit card. I asked for a tracking number so I could track it myself, they provided a bogus number. The post office, UPS etc. show no signs of ever getting anything from me with the label Stauer provided. None of this is stated in any return policy on their website. Very rude customer service reps. Very, very disappointed. Filed complaint with BBB.

A little over a year ago, I purchased a Stauer Centurion Hybrid Watch that has both digital and analog time functions. This watch was working fine for almost the full year in both functions, but one day I noticed that the analog function stopped working, but the digital clock was still working okay. I figured that the battery for the analog clock needed replacement, so I purchased new batteries and replaced both batteries for the analog and digital clocks. The digital side worked, but the analog clock would only operate for a couple minutes then stop. I could give the watch a good rap, it would again run, but stop after a couple minutes; so I figured that something must have broken inside the watch.

I wrote to Stauer about the problem and they emailed me a return form and prepaid shipping label to return the watch for replacement at No Charge to me. I received the replacement recently and commend Stauer for their prompt service rendered. I will happily do business with them again whenever the opportunity provides.

I recently made my first purchase online from Stauer--a tanzanite ring for my wife's birthday. Overall, it was a great experience. Absolutely no problems with shipping or the item itself which is very beautiful. My only negative feeling was with the almost $20 charge for shipping a small ring! It arrived in a huge envelope that was full of advertising for all kinds of products I had no interest in. Into the paper recycling bin it went. I did enjoy looking at the Stauer catalogue that was included. However, Except for the gross overcharge for shipping, I am completely satisfied with my purchase from Stauer, and I will likely purchase from them again (pending a more reasonable shipping charge)!

I have ordered quite a bit for christmas. The turquoise necklace looks very plastic. The opal ring has absolutely no fire in it. Ordered size 7 and got a nine. Want to be taken off your catalog list. No more!!! Have ordered in the past also. Was pleased with them but the last few looked like dime store and they were expensive.

Factual basis uncertain

I ordered the Riviere set ($395 regular) with the necklace being the most expensive component ($299 regular), I also ordered another Helenite necklace and earrings to reach a $500 total so I could use a coupon. The Riviere necklace diamonds are so heavy they roll the necklace over and the company must be aware of it because now that I have a catalogue I can see the model holds the diamonds twisted so the camera can catch it but when you look at the right hand side the top 3 diamonds are correct, the 4th starts to turn, and the next 5 are rolled over. They said with my coupon the set was only worth $228 and they would give me 1/3 of that for the return of the necklace. The necklace is worth more in $ charged for both earrings and bracelet combined but they would only give me 1/3; I would also lose the coupons. I was about to order more items today but they have lost this customer. They would not even consider an equal amount replacement.

Stauer Jewelry Company Profile