Call toll free
3.25/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Stauer Jewelry provides an extraordinary selection of jewelry, watches and other luxury items. We travel directly to the source to find the most exquisite and rare pieces. Our efforts allow us to offer these unique items at the best prices. Let us be your personal shoppers for smart luxuries at surprising prices.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

731 Stauer Jewelry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 7, 2019

I liked Stauer Jewelry's watch and that made me buy from them. I bought about four watches, and it was easy doing it on the phone. Their reps were great. They were really informative, answered all my questions and explained the subscription very well. Plus, I was given information that I didn’t even ask for, which was helpful. I received the items in a couple of days and it had good quality. Moreover, they have deals where you buy one and then you can get another one free. The free items have lesser quality, but it's free. They also send me monthly magazines. I recommend Stauer Jewelry to people all the time.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I liked the merchandise that Stauer Jewelry had and I've bought mostly for myself although I also gave a little bit as a gift. Buying from Stauer was easy. The only thing I didn’t like was this concierge service that I got bumped up to. All it really meant was that they were going to call you a couple of times a week to tell you about very expensive specials that they have. It was okay except that it was a little too frequent and a little too intrusive. If I declined the call, they wanted to know why and when they could call back. If it got you a discount, that would have been great. But there was no discount. You just get a chance to buy some very limited quantities of some very expensive jewelry.

The shipping was also almost always prohibitive. I would buy when the shipping was free or when they had combined shipping when I was gonna buy a lot. But even then, they would bump the price up on the combined shipping. Sometimes, they would even send something in an envelope and they would charge 20 bucks for it. I sell vintage jewelry, which I send out too, and I know that costs two bucks. But other than that, Stauer was great. In fact, I’ve been very happy with the quality of the pieces I’ve purchased so far.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

This is the second piece of jewelry that I have purchased from this company. The first was an Art Deco style ring with sapphire and lab created diamonds in rhodium plated sterling silver. I was so impressed by the quality! I love it! I purchased this new pamirite ring just last week. I have already gotten so many compliments on it. A friend at work snatched my hand to admire it. The pink gemstone is a cushion shaped rose cut gem, which means it has many facets that catch and reflect the light. On the sides, it has two round circles that have lab created diamond pavé. It is a bold size ring, but because it is such a lovely soft pink color, it looks very classy.

The rose gold tone metal band is just a tiny bit too orange for my preference. Because the ring fits well, however, it doesn't turn on my finger, so the band is not visible. I have worked in the fine jewelry industry for years. This ring is every bit as beautiful as something costing $2000 or more. I plan to be continue being a loyal customer at Stauer.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

After a couple years of drooling, I recently bought my first Stauer men's watch. To be specific, it is the Quantum Leap model which has a very unique design unlike any other analog watch I've seen on the market. The ordering process via www.Stauer.com was easy, shipping information was accurate to the day, & the watch arrived in a sturdy box for storage. The Quantum Leap watch has a solid feel to the case & crystal (rated 5 ATM water resistant) that I expect to last for many years. The face & its components are beautifully machined & very pleasing to the eye. Everything works as it should & I couldn't be happier with my watch & the ordering process. This may be my first watch from Stauer, but it will definitely not be the last! I've already got my eye on one or two other timepieces & look forward to passing them on to my son when he is ready to learn about the value of time. Thanks, Stauer. :)

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I’ve ordered various pieces over the years, both for myself and as presents for my sisters, my mother, and my mother-in-law. I’ve been happy with everything, and the quality of everything has been great. I’ve been wearing several of the rings (I like sterling silver) for years, and they look lovely. I’ve never had stones fall out or experienced any problems. Recently I got a green Prasiolite ring in yellow gold for $99 (amazing price when compared to other Prasiolite pieces I’ve bought from jewelers) and it’s just about the prettiest ring I own. I get compliments all the time! Plus this Christmas, my best friend surprised me with a beautiful turquoise necklace from Stauer. I feel like Frida Kahlo when I wear it, and I get loads of compliments at work on it, too.

I also like the fact that Stauer is making diamonds. No one needs to buy real diamonds, ever, unless they know they are conflict free. But then, why worry and spend thousands when you can order lab-create diamonds that no one can tell from the “real” thing? The only downside is that the “insurance” you can buy does not cover loss. I purchased coverage when I got an earring & necklace set, and when I lost an earring, I was out of luck. So in the future, I’ll skip this extra expense because I’ve never needed it for damage or lost stones. Which I guess is actually a positive! I’m sure I’ll remain a Stauer customer for years to come.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Original review: May 15, 2019

Stauer's merchandise seemed reasonably priced and ordering from them has been very pleasant. I do most of it online. I got some sunglasses but mostly women's jewelry and shipping has been very quick. Stauer Jewelry has been very responsive. When I had an item fall apart after one wearing, I sent it back and It was replaced very quickly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 14, 2019

This is my second time to write a review on the same product. My wife, Sandra **, purchased two of the folding lock blade knives as gifts. Both knives were defective. We sent them back and they were replaced with two other knives which were also defective. We sent those back and requested a refund. We haven't heard a word from Stauer since and it's been at least 3 months. No refund, no contact, no apology, nothing. Very poor customer service. The very least you could do is contact us. I noticed that the only reviews you showed were glowing positive ones. Why not show the truth and include this one?

Original review: May 11, 2019

Stauer Jewelry seemed to be of good value and purchasing from them was very easy. I talked to people there that helped me out and it was excellent. Also, shipping was usually just several days, which is very fast.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 6, 2019

I've had Stauer watches and have been quite pleased until the watchband clasp broke on my adventure dive watch. The watch is fine but one tiny knob on the clasp broke off. I would gladly purchase a new clasp for the watch but Stauer was unable to provide a source for the clasp or sell a replacement part, only the willingness to sell me a replacement guarantee for $35. I am very disappointed in their customer service.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Stauer has different jewelry compared to what I see in stores. It catches people's eyes. I love the jewelry because it is unique and it is never the same. But I wasn't really happy was the gold band. I thought it would be heavier, but it's not. It doesn't have any weight to it. Also, every time I wanna use my $25 coupon for the shipping and handling, they tell me that I can't use it. Even if I buy something at the book, they still tell me that I can't use it for shipping and handling. So, I just stopped ordering.

I purchased one of their ostrich leather bags about two years ago. There was a tear in it when I first got it. I carried it twice, and it had started tearing at the seams with the zipper. I never returned it because the warranty had ran out. So, I'm still holding on to it. I loved the bag, but I stopped carrying it because I didn't wanna damage it any more than it was already. If I woulda took it to a place to have it repaired, it would have cost me some money.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I just received my Palisade three stones pendant and it is ABSOLUTELY breathtaking... I appreciate all the time and effort and expense that is required to create such a masterpiece which looks like it would cost many times what I paid for it... Thanks so much.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Stauer, I'm so disappointed in the quality of your product (View attachments) and I'm going to return it. By the nick and scratches on the knife, I'm sure this was a per-owned item. This was supposed to be a retirement gift it for the owner of the company I work for and now I have nothing to give him. Please send me the instructions for returning this item. Disappointed, Ernesto **.

Original review: April 27, 2019

The watches look great but mine only lasted for about ten years. I suppose that's what you get for "made in china." When I contacted Stauer about this, they said it is not common for a watch to fail after ten years. Unfortunately, as much as I would like to replace mine, I have no confidence it will last any longer.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I recently saw an advertisement in Smithsonian Magazine for the Stauer "Co-Pilots" watch and couldn't take my eyes off of it. I'm retired military, spent many years in the aviation industry and am a sucker for anything with distressed, real leather. iPad case, phone case, portfolio I carry in the office, computer bag, luggage, multiple jackets, multiple boots I bought living in Texas, all distressed brown leather. The band on this watch would have been a great addition to my obsession with bovine by-products.

As a bonus, the advertisement stated that IF you order using the order code supplied, they would throw in a pair of brown tint aviator's glasses. I knew they wouldn't be great quality, but I like leaving them in my boat or truck for those emergency situations where the Ray-Bans are elsewhere. I figured what the heck. Watch arrived yesterday. First thing noted was that there were no sunglasses. I called their customer service and they said they would immediately send those, that the warehouse had screwed up the order and not included them. Points for being responsive. I liked that there was no argument.

Then I started looking closely at the watch. First glance wasn’t impressive. Band was handsome. Watch looked cheap. I bought a Stauer 15 years ago and loved it, still have it. But I haven’t worn it in years. I was in an aircraft. My team was modifying and bumped my wrist against an exposed stringer and the crystal chipped. I never could get an answer from Stauer on how to repair that, and they didn’t send me any clear direction. Just directions to send it in, and when I pressed for direction i.e. "Will you repair it or what" they said, "Just send it to the address we provided." I’ve since learned they repair nothing. I’m not sure WHY they wanted me to send it in.

Back to the watch, and by way of establishing some credence to my judgment, I own a few Citizen Eco Watches, a Tag Heuer, and a host of other lesser valued but moderately priced watches. This just felt cheap. No heft to it, no weight. The first one years ago felt and looked good. This looked moderately OK, but it FELT cheap. SO I read the directions just to ensure I did nothing wrong, and the first step was to pull the stem out. I tried. Wouldn’t budge. Re looked at the directions. Step one. Pull stem out to 2nd position to set time. Tried again. No Dice. Then I pulled a little harder with my thumb and index finger. Stem popped off in my hand. Then I noticed the tiny plastic spacer that had been ON the watch, on the stem, keeping the stem in the outer position. (I assume to preserve battery).

So in essence, they shipped it with the stem out, with a microscopic white piece of plastic that is smaller than the head of the stem that I couldn’t see, and the directions tell you step one… Pull out the stem. Yep, I broke it, but I feel like this wasn’t my fault. Anyone who knows anything about aviation knows that you follow every written direction to the letter.

I’m sending it back, and asking for a refund. Sadly, I know I’m out the initial $19.95 in shipping, and the 8 to return it. $27.95, and for what? Cheap sunglasses? If they arrive. Lesson learned. Stauer is apparently selling cheap crap more than likely made in China or some other repressed third world place and passing it off as decent quality at a lower cost. Don’t be fooled. Buy a Timex, or an Invicta. What's worse is that a reputable magazine like Smithsonian is selling them full page adverts. I expect that in VFW, where you can also get Velcro shoes in bone and grey, but Smithsonian?

Original review: April 10, 2019

Back in March of 2019 I made my first purchase with Stauer, a watch. When I received it I set the time, date, etc. then took it to my Jewelers to get resized. The next day I noticed one of the push buttons missing. To make a long story short, Stauer replaced the watch, even resizing the new one to the same size as the old one. That is going above and beyond normal customer service. Great work!!!

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was excited to receive my new watch from Stauer only to find out that the "second" hand was not functional. I returned the watch for credit. I soon found out that not only did I pay $19.95 for postage and handling to receive the watch but I paid $9.10 for P & H to return it. My initially paid total $125.50 for the watch including tax, P & H and was credited $96.45. $29.05 was probably what the watch was really worth.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I contacted the 800 number today to inquire about repairs to one of my watches that I've purchased over the past 6 years only to find out that they don't repair any watches! What company would you trust to stand behind their product? Apparently, STAUER ISN'T ONE OF THEM! Don't waste your hard earned money with this company!

Original review: March 30, 2019

I heard about from Stauer Science News. They are pretty good, and it's best if you call them by phone. You can't beat their prices, and the staff is friendly and helpful. They charge one-fifth the price, and they got me a couple of extra deals on the phone too. They do sometimes take a few days before your item is shipped off, but, then again, they are the polar vortex's side. So, that might have been the reason why. I recently purchased a moonstone ring with rubies around it like a flower, and it is beautiful. Stauer provides high quality for a low markup. The guy on the phone also explained to me that unlike a jewelry store where they do low volume with high markup, they do high volume with low markup. I've recommended them to a friend.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I took advantage of the Valentine's Day special and ordered a Metropolitan watch. It functioned for two hours. I was charged eight dollars to return it and after several weeks, still have not received the refund. When I called to ask about the refund, I was told that they are "so backed up with returns, they are only dealing with March 11 returns." If this is such a fine company, why are there are so many returns? Think carefully before ordering from this company.

Original review: March 29, 2019

My Life Partner bought me many rings from Stauer and gave them to me on important occasions. He was very romantic and chose the jewelry which he felt had a beautiful connection to our relationship. He first ran across Stauer in the VFW magazine and after our first experience with the jewelry, he never bought from any other company. The jewelry is stunning. I'm kind of rough on rings but every piece has kept its shine and beauty through the years. The Diamond Aura stones sparkle more than diamonds I have! Sadly, my Sweetheart passed away the middle of January 2018. The last ring he gave me was Stauer's "Forever Infinity" ring on Christmas 2018. Because it's the last jewelry he will ever buy for me, I'm so glad it came from Stauer because I know it will hold up over the years and help keep his memory alive.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I got one of the sales booklets from Stauer and they always have the specials that other stores don’t have. Recently, I bought a ring from Stauer. It looks like an amethyst but it’s a tanzanite ring. When I order from them, I usually call in and I look at the brochure. I don’t buy a whole lot, but this last year, I went overboard a little bit. I compromised so I went ahead and started ordering. The quality is nice and some of it is unusual jewelry. Mostly, it’s the right price. Also, the interaction with the rep has been very well and usually, I would receive the items within a few days. I don’t have to go over a week and it would be here. I’ve had a good experience with Stauer any time I’ve ordered anything.

Original review: March 26, 2019

On March 26th I tried to order an item as advertised in Smithsonian April issue. When I put in the offer code for the discount, your site said the offer code 'KRT437-02' had expired. How can you advertise in the April issue but have the offer code expired on March 26? This is very bad business practice and is false advertising. I will not order any items from Stauer now or in the future.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I received many calls from Marlo ** telling me I had a $50 credit voucher on my next purchase. I didn't really need anything but thought I would take advantage of this offer. I ordered and received my purchases but noted that there was no $50 credit. I called Marlo but he didn't return my call. I called him again about a week later and he said that it was too late to claim the credit - he couldn't apply it to my card. I called customer service to tell them I would be returning the items and they told me there would be an $8 charge for shipping which they would charge to my card. Must be you can only charge a card after the fact but can't credit it.

After these numerous calls from Marlo telling me about my special concierge offer, ordering the merchandise, and calls to customer service, I will not only not receive my $50 credit, I have to go to the bother of packing up the items and taking them to UPS, and I'm also out $8. This whole experience feels like a scam to me. I will definitely tell anyone who will listen about this experience with Stauer.

Original review: March 18, 2019

When I was browsing a book, I saw some stuff from Stauer Jewelry. I know the name and I've bought most of the stuff I saw that I liked. I usually buy online. If there's something I see, I key it in and it comes to the mail, usually in under two weeks. I've got one watch that is really complicated. I got the time on it, but it's like a puzzle and I have some learning to go through. There's a watch I saw the other day and that’s one thing I’m gonna get. I got the flyer and there was the watch in there and some other kind of jewelry that I thought was kind of cute. I like what I have bought from Stauer Jewelry so far and I wear it every day when possible. I'd like to tell my family about Stauer Jewelry.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I saw an ad for a sterling silver bracelet. I entered a code and the price was $39. So I went on to checkout. $13 for shipping? I bailed. Should have cost like $1.60 for postage. Now I'm getting emails from them telling me I left something in my cart! Well yeah!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Stauer Jewelry's ordering process was fairly easy. And my interactions with their reps were fine. But it takes very long to get anything from them. The shipping was terrible, but they handled the situation when I contacted them.

Original review: March 8, 2019

The appearance of the Stauer Jewelry drew my attention. I purchased earrings, rings and watches from them and the online purchasing process was easy. The experience was good. I received the items fast and I never ever felt like I was waiting too long.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I had bought a watch from Stauer Jewelry and it didn’t work, so I sent it back to them. They sent me another watch but it didn’t work either. So, I had sent in a request for a refund and that was almost a month ago. I called the other day and they said, “We’ll be getting it out to you shortly.” But a few days have passed and I still haven't received it. Evidently, I'm not happy about it. I’ve paid money for this thing and I’m still waiting for it. I would not recommend Stauer. A few things were bought for my wife and they were okay. But I’m not very happy about this situation with the pocket watch.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought Christmas presents from Stauer Jewelry and their prices were reasonable. The woman I spoke to was very accommodating and she walked me through the process. She was very polite and helpful. Even though I ordered close to Christmas, she guaranteed me the jewelry would be delivered for Christmas so I was very happy. The people who received the gifts were very happy with them. They were of nice quality and the price was phenomenal.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I ordered this watch 3 times as gifts and they were a big hit with the recipients. Finally ordered one for my husband as a holiday gift, because he thought it was a beautiful watch. Well, he wears his Urban Blue every day and gets tons of compliments on it. Thanks to Stauer for a classic men's watch that is good looking as well as affordable. Highly recommend this watch for all of the men in your life!

Stauer Jewelry expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Stauer Jewelry is a company that sells a range of accessories and luxury items to customers online, and they are known for selling jewelry and accessories at affordable prices. The company is headquartered in Burnsville, Minnesota, and it offers a range of products, including traditional jewelry and watches for women, as well as a slew of accessories geared toward men.

• Watch selection: In addition to selling traditional jewelry pieces, Stauer Jewelry has a large selection of watches for customers to choose from.

• Value options: The company offers upscale jewelry, but it also has a selection of fine jewelry pieces under 100 dollars for both men and women, making it a good choice for customers on a budget.

• Unique items: Stauer Jewelry stands out because it not only has jewelry in traditional gems and metals, like silver and gold, but it also features unique jewelry options, such as pieces made of Murano glass.

• No questions asked: Every product purchased from Stauer Jewelry comes with a 30-day, money-back guarantee so customers can return products without any questions asked.

• Platinum membership plan: Stauer offers customers a platinum membership plan. For an annual membership fee, they get 10 percent off every order and 100 dollars in discounts.

• Best for: Customers looking to buy a luxury gift and religious consumers celebrating milestones.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs