Call toll free
3.14/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Stauer Jewelry provides an extraordinary selection of jewelry, watches and other luxury items. We travel directly to the source to find the most exquisite and rare pieces. Our efforts allow us to offer these unique items at the best prices. Let us be your personal shoppers for smart luxuries at surprising prices.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

698 Stauer Jewelry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Put up a mildly overpriced ad in a magazine? Okay, sure. Still seems moderately worthwhile. Ask me for all sorts of personal information before telling me that a chain would effectively double the advertised price of the necklace? Yeahhhh... No thanks. What a joke.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The piece is beautiful though I hesitated to spent the money. But the story seemed to make it worth it. Now it’s called Wild Horses, the story is completed different. I wouldn’t have bought it with this story. Did I fall for false advertising? At the least I got suckered. Won’t trust descriptions anymore. Concerned to purchase from Stauer again as don’t really know what I’m buying.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Deliveries are not made as promised. One order for Valentine Day on Feb. 1 has never arrived. This is Valentine Day! In the past you are not notified when it’s back ordered. Once you become a premium member, they assign you a particular sales person. In most order cases they are not available. I have left my number for a call-back, with no return.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My 96 year old father kept ordering jewelry from Stauer. I finally got control of the account and sent a boxes of the stuff back. One ring was $1200 and was told they would send a UPS driver to pick it up, because of the price point. After 12 days of trying to get my account person to answer the phone or return a call, I sat on hold for 10 min and talked to a customer service person that could not do anything because the cost of the ring was over the price point. Person offered to send me to my account person, I told them not to do that as he would not answer the phone, I had called them many times. Customer service person sent it on up the food chain to be reviewed within 48 hours. I advised that if I did not hear back today, (12 day of no contact was enough) I was going to mail it back today at 4PM. Talk about frustrating and bad service!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

It was good that Stauer was in a position to offer a significant discount on its shipping and handling fee - at the time of my purchase of a men's jewelry item. Also, seeing I placed the order online (using my bank card), Stauer shipped the order practically right away. The item arrived in a prompt and timely manner. The item purchased exceeds expectations. Not only is the Meteorite Tungsten Ring a superb work of art, but it possesses a certain magic of its very own. Indeed, this is The Right Choice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Just made my 1st purchase from my Electric co-op news bk. I’m now a platinum member. Customer service was A-plus. Reading great reviews. Just looking for a reliable source to purchase good quality merchandise. I’m hoping Stauer will outdo my previous mall shopping experience.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My wife liked what she saw at Stauer Jewelry, so I bought three rings, some earrings, and a necklace from them. I purchased the items online and over the phone. And Stauer's process for both methods was really straightforward and easy. Plus, when I talked to their rep, Maria, she was really professional. Everything has been good so far. Right now, I'm waiting on another gift and it should be here in a day or two.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Just ordered my 4th Stauer timepiece. Absolutely top quality and worth every dollar. Their service was impeccable and since I needed the watch in a hurry, they express shipped it at normal shipping rates.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My husband saw this watch in a magazine. I purchased it for Christmas - ordering and delivery was fine. However, when he opened the gift and started to set the date, the stemwinder fell right out! On top of the poor quality, The return process is taking forever. They do provide a free shipping return label, but use the "service" Newgistics. Our item was 15 days in transit and now has been with Stauer 15 days. You would think the embarrassment of such a faulty product would rate a better customer service response.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My husband bought a new wedding set for our 20th anniversary, and I couldn’t be more happy that he bought them from Stauer! The diamonds constantly reflect rainbows on my walls and to be honest I can’t stop looking at them on my hand. I feel just like a queen! This is the second purchase from the company that we made and we will always recommend Stauer to our friends and family!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My wife and I have made several purchases with Stauer over the years. Have always received great products and top notch service. Over many years we have had only one issue and Stauer bent over backwards to make it right. With our recent purchase they have added a Norton purchase reassurance. Not that they need it but it’s another layer of "sleep better at night". Stauer watches which is usually our purchases, are of top quality. They always arrived well protected/packed. Watches are of the best quality. I have had some for many, many years with not one issue. Bottom line, this is a top notch company and now with the Norton addition. You can't go wrong.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

YES,YES,YES!!! My Blue Stone Chronograph, arrived just as Stauer had said. Case and watch was in perfect shape. When the digital and analog settings were in their settings the piece works as great as stated by Stauer. I gratefully thank Stauer for every extraordinary first rated beautiful timepieces, as well as all their jewelry! My wife & friends love the Blue Stone, as a "jaw dropping timepiece," at such a reasonable price cost. I have bought 4 different watches. All have had such the very same wonderful flawless standards as this master watch. Keep supplying great jewelry at a price laymen can afford to look like a thousand dollar jewelry items. I'll continue to purchase from Stauer. Great thanks.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have always been amazed by Stauer's watches and jewelries. I am a watch collector and have since started to collect jewelries since I got my first Italian Courage Ring from Stauer. Of course, all of the Stauer watches that I got are simply the best, or should I say its style surely matches its elegance. The jewelries will win your woman's heart. Surely, It became an investment of my character.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

The people in this company are very kind and professional. Never dissatisfied with any of their employees. The employees have always been nothing but courteous and professional with me and my mother in law.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Mr order included items I did not order, charges I did not approve, and price updates that were not in accord with the price I ordered. The price for a leather bag was $99. I was charged $115. I did not approve a 3 yr replacement, or a charge for a cleaning kit. The membership which I canceled does not allow the discount in tech catalog and the membership discount. So, you pay higher with the membership. Very bad experience and will never order again from Stauer.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I’ve ordered various pieces over the years, both for myself and as presents for my sisters, my mother, and my mother-in-law. I’ve been happy with everything, and the quality of everything has been great. I’ve been wearing several of the rings (I like sterling silver) for years, and they look lovely. I’ve never had stones fall out or experienced any problems. Recently I got a green Prasiolite ring in yellow gold for $99 (amazing price when compared to other Prasiolite pieces I’ve bought from jewelers) and it’s just about the prettiest ring I own. I get compliments all the time! Plus this Christmas, my best friend surprised me with a beautiful turquoise necklace from Stauer. I feel like Frida Kahlo when I wear it, and I get loads of compliments at work on it, too.

I also like the fact that Stauer is making diamonds. No one needs to buy real diamonds, ever, unless they know they are conflict free. But then, why worry and spend thousands when you can order lab-create diamonds that no one can tell from the “real” thing? The only downside is that the “insurance” you can buy does not cover loss. I purchased coverage when I got an earring & necklace set, and when I lost an earring, I was out of luck. So in the future, I’ll skip this extra expense because I’ve never needed it for damage or lost stones. Which I guess is actually a positive! I’m sure I’ll remain a Stauer customer for years to come.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I recently purchased the heritage watch from Stauer at an unbelievable price. I received the watch and am extremely impressed with the beautiful design and quality of the watch. I decided to have a stretch band put on my new watch and took it to a very reputable jeweler in the area. After installing the new band on my watch, the jeweler said to me that she absolutely loved the face design and quality of the watch and wanted to know where she could purchase one.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I purchased a diamond aura ring to update my engagement ring. The price was affordable, and to be completely honest I did not think the ring was going to be as beautiful. Shipment took about a week and when I got it, it was packaged beautifully. I opened up the ring box and wow was I blown away with the quality of this ring. The fire alone looked real. To put the ring to test I wore it to the doctor's office where I work and got the opinions from my co-workers along with the doctor's wife whose ring is really expensive. Side by side you could not tell that my ring was any different than hers. They were all shocked when I told them that it only cost me $19.95. I have never had a group of woman ask me for the website name so fast in my life. Stauer exceeded my expectations with this piece.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I ordered a knife for my son for his birthday. On Jan 9th I received a package which contained a watch. So disappointed I called immediately and explained the situation and how upset I was because my son's birthday was on the 11th. Customer service was Awesome!! They apologized and walked me thru the return and sent the correct item overnight. Received just in time. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! AWESOME service.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

A number of times an ad from Stauer appeared in The American Rifleman magazine. Finally, I decided to buy a Helenite ring/ear-ring set [Item 28508] for my granddaughter. I went to their website on 09 Jan 19 and tried to place an order using the Promo Code shown in the ad [SLR586-02] and the promotion price didn't show up on my screen. I backed out of that screen and started over, this time using the Promo Code listed in their website [WEB2470] and got the same response. So far, I had entered ALL my information except for my CC number which I was NOT about to do without the promo price showing.

An e-mail was sent to Stauer pointing out the aforementioned steps taken to place my order. A response was promised within 24 hours. A response came through this morning as promised but they didn't address the problems that I spelled out. They merely wanted to know how they could help me or call their Cust Svc phone which I did.

After getting nowhere with the lady who answered the phone, I asked to speak to her boss. She came on the phone finally. I told her all that transpired [she couldn't look at my e-mail because I hadn't set up an account [ordered anything]]. She asked me to visit their website again and do everything again but use Promo Code WEBDEAL. It worked. Re-read the ad much more carefully and there is no mention of a Promo Code expiration date nor the website. Having thought about it, I decided to order something really inexpensive in order to "establish an account" because I wanted to present for my granddaughter to be shipped to her home [we live 100 miles apart]. I have not seen the Consumer Affairs Terms of Use so I can't agree to them. As I started the process, I ran across a listing of reviews and went there. Glad I did, no order placed.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I purchased a Stauer Atomic Platinum Watch for a Christmas present for my husband. It arrived in time but, after 2 days, it stopped working. I called customer service and they sent me a Parcel Select Return Label and I dropped it off at the Post Office on the 28th of December, 2018. I called today, January 7th, 2019 and was told that the watch was still in transit. Taking into account, the New Year’s holiday, I wasn't too upset that it had not arrived at the final destination yet. However, I was told that if it arrived sometime this week, it would take an additional 3 weeks to process the order... that they were working on returns received on the 19th and 20th of December, 2018.

I paid $225 for this watch. I have received better customer service from a discount store with a $50 watch. I don't know why, in this day and age, it would take so long to process this return. On top of everything else, when the watch arrived, it did not contain a receipt for the purchase. This is not my first purchase with Stauer through the years but, it will definitely be my last if I don't receive my replacement in short order.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I did purchase 7 different items on December 17 2018 for Christmas and a birthday (Order # **); the order started badly from the beginning as the price change on the submission. I sent an email immediately and call customer service in the morning (Dec 18) to fix the issue and request the 2-day delivery, the person who helped me (Nancy) mentioned she waved the additional cost due to the inconvenient. I have been tracking the order since then and I have been told different versions and excuses every time. Just today Jan 4, 2019, I got different statements about the order being shipped on Dec 27 and delivered on 31st, but we haven't received anything yet and there is no way to get an answer on how a 2 day shipping ended in 3 weeks. Stauer ruined Christmas. I will never recommend it to anyone.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

In the AARP Magazine there was an article about Eagle Eyes Navigator sunglasses to wear in the summer or for night vision. I was thrilled and thought that if AARP recommended them, they must be good. However, after reading all the reviews recently, I am very afraid to order these because of all the bad experiences with Stauer, particularly on watches. I would be interested in hearing other opinions on this product or other recommendations of a "trustworthy" company. For now, I am not ordering from them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My husband ordered 3 items (2 watches and a ring) on December 17 2018. He paid an extra $40 for 3 day shipping. 3 days later and no items were delivered. I checked the status on the email and was presented with “back ordered”. No direct message or updated email was sent with this new information. My husband called them, again. They apologized and said the whole order was held up because 1 item...rose gold watch, was backordered. They offered to send the other 2 items and even offered to overnight them with no charge. Perfect right? Wrong! 5 days later (Christmas Day) and nothing received. I check the status online and it still says backordered! What?!

I called them today, absolutely furious! Meanwhile they haven’t forgotten to charge us the $99 annual platinum fee. I call today and present the issues and just about imploded. When I point out that it still states ‘back ordered ‘ online... the helpful rep (sarcasm) informs me that, no, the rose gold watch isn’t back ordered... They don’t carry it anymore! So I present her with this conundrum. If they don’t carry it anymore, why the hell is my order postponed until the rose gold watch is in stock?! Also why the hell were we told it would be overnighted...when they don’t even have it? Needless to say. I demanded the so called platinum member fee be refunded. We’ll see if the other 2 items show up. NOT IMPRESSED!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Immediately after replacing the battery, the second hand stopped moving. The digital portion of the watch is working fine, indicating the new battery is good. But the arms are not working at all. I love the watch, just wish it would work properly. Thanks for your anticipated help.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I ordered the Men's Metropolitan in November as a Christmas present. On Christmas Day, when the watch box was opened, and the watch was tried on for the very first time, the watch strap broke. The metal clip at the top of the watch strap literally flew off. We haven't been able to put it back together yet; will probably have to go to a jewellers and buy a new watch strap. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I ordered a Stauer stainless steel graves 33 silver wrist watch on the 5th of December 2018. They had taken the money out of my account on the 7th of December. Phoned to see why no delivery. Told it would be delivered. Sent emails. No reply from them. Now fourteen days still no watch. It was for a birthday present. Phoned again today. I was told it’s in Warrington. Waiting for what? I will never use this firm again. This is true not made up.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

AFTER 3 WEEKS GOT NO RESPONSE. 20 MINUTES ON HOLD--TWICE. THEN E-MAILED, NO ANSWER AFTER 36 HOURS. NOV. 17th-18th/used return label. Did everything right. Will never buy from Stauer again. Plan to go on all social media and BBB and relate your horrible customer service. All I wanted was a credit back to my credit card.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The quality was poor on 2 out of 3 items I received on the order and I returned it within a couple of days after receiving. I still have not been credited. What is the status of the credit? I will most likely not purchase anything else as I was disappointed with the jewelry that was ordered.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Stauer has great products and outstanding customer service. I have been a customer for years and have never been disappointed. I always buy when discounts are great! And they offer them often. Sometimes, their shipping fee deters me from completing the purchase. But most of the time, the discounts they offer are so deep that the shipping cost can be justified! You cannot go wrong with their products! And their customer service personnel take their work seriously. I am just about to make another purchase where I was able to get $118 more in savings on top of the $551 in price drops they offered - A chronograph watch and a Peridot necklace for a song. Yeah buddy. Stauer rocks!

Stauer Jewelry expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Stauer Jewelry is a company that sells a range of accessories and luxury items to customers online, and they are known for selling jewelry and accessories at affordable prices. The company is headquartered in Burnsville, Minnesota, and it offers a range of products, including traditional jewelry and watches for women, as well as a slew of accessories geared toward men.

• Watch selection: In addition to selling traditional jewelry pieces, Stauer Jewelry has a large selection of watches for customers to choose from.

• Value options: The company offers upscale jewelry, but it also has a selection of fine jewelry pieces under 100 dollars for both men and women, making it a good choice for customers on a budget.

• Unique items: Stauer Jewelry stands out because it not only has jewelry in traditional gems and metals, like silver and gold, but it also features unique jewelry options, such as pieces made of Murano glass.

• No questions asked: Every product purchased from Stauer Jewelry comes with a 30-day, money-back guarantee so customers can return products without any questions asked.

• Platinum membership plan: Stauer offers customers a platinum membership plan. For an annual membership fee, they get 10 percent off every order and 100 dollars in discounts.

• Best for: Customers looking to buy a luxury gift and religious consumers celebrating milestones.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Fax:
952-707-7518
www.stauer.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.