3.65/5
Based on 108 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Stauer Jewelry provides an extraordinary selection of jewelry, watches and other luxury items. We travel directly to the source to find the most exquisite and rare pieces. Our efforts allow us to offer these unique items at the best prices. Let us be your personal shoppers for smart luxuries at surprising prices.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 19, 2018

595 Stauer Jewelry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I used to go to the doctor's with my husband all the time and we'd always look at magazines. And there would be something in there that brought my husband's attention and he said, "Here, look. You might like this." And it was something from Stauer. I have purchased necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, etc. I also do a lot of my Christmas shopping to my friends through them and I get something for myself quite often too. I love Stauer. In fact, I just received the package today of something that was back ordered. I used to send checks and get my purchases through the mail and now, I look at the catalogs and if there's something that really catches my eye, I call the number and use my credit card. Their reps have been cooperative and offered me other things that might be a good deal at the time, and protection plan for some of the items that I have. Anyone who sees what I'm wearing tells me they like it and I tell them where to get it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 12, 2018

Got an opal ring for my wife for anniversary. It was flawed so I sent it back for a replacement. Waited a month and no ring. Tried several times to get some answers finally was told the ring was on back order and I would have to wait 6 months for a replacement. Demanded a refund instead. Pitiful return and replacement service. Cancelling my Stauer Platinum membership, if this is the way they treat Platinum members I feel bad for regular customers.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I saw a watch in a magazine which I decided to call and order. The lady was exceptional in assisting with my order, courteous, friendly and knowledgeable. Afterwards I decided to go online to see what else they offered. Established an account, placed an order. A few of the items ordered were not available; therefore I was notified immediately. I called in again and was assisted with perfection. Truly a GREAT online source to shop, I will be back.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I purchased something for myself from Stauer Jewelry but it's been a while since I've gotten anything from them. Nonetheless, my experience was very good. Their reps were always pleasant and accommodating. Stauer is great and I love their stuff. I had a few pieces that I wasn't very happy with, but they took them back. They never tried to talk me into keeping anything I didn't like and their return process was satisfactory. Sometimes it took longer than what I would have liked but I did get the money back.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I've ordered several items over the past few years and have been completely satisfied. My only reason for not providing 5 stars has to do with tracking of the products. I have had tracking for only 1 purchase out of the handful I have made. I've used the link to track my package for an exchange and it does not recognize my order number. I have to email to get the information. But please do not let my small hiccups prevent you for understanding how beautiful the products are. I bought a ring many years ago and it still sparkles and I have never lost a stone nor has the silver tarnished.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Original review: April 1, 2018

My father happened upon an advertisement for the La Curva Necklace and thought it would make a nice Christmas gift for the women in his family. He bought four of them, spending over $400 dollars. This necklace/bracelet has proven to be junk. None of the four of us has been able to wear it as a bracelet, since it does not hold its shape at all. They loosened and fell off our wrists several times the very night he gave them to us. My sister then attempted to wear it as a necklace, but found that it pulled the small hairs on her neck. Also, after wearing it only twice, the gold plating was beginning to wear off. We, of course, have not told my father about any of this, because we don't want him to know he wasted his money.

In addition, he was excited to present us with the $50 "Friends and Family gift card" that each necklace came with and told us to be sure to use it before the expiration date. As another reviewer has noted, however, this is just a scam. It cannot be used with any discounted items and EVERY item is "discounted" on Stauer's website. So, when you add an item to your cart and enter the code for the gift card, you end up at the same "discounted" price that the item was listed for in the first place. I will never purchase from this company and would warn others to stay away.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 30, 2018

The LA curva necklace is not wearable. Does not stay where you put it, uncoils when you move. So only wearable if you plan on standing like a statue. Total waste of money! Cannot think of anything to use it for.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was looking into jewelry providers for presents. And I liked Stauer's design and prices. I bought some rings and watches, and the overall purchase process has been easy. Stauer's sales members were very helpful and even if something wasn't exactly correct, they were very willing to fix it. I was happy with the experience. But then in order to be a preferred customer, I had to pay a membership fee, and other places don't charge a membership fee. It turned me off when I had to pay a membership to get a discount.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have ordered several things from this company over the internet and phone this season. Person to person contact was very friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Over the internet, I ordered two items, which I received in good time and condition. When organizing my purchases for crossing the border, I realized I did not a have receipt for those two items. I emailed the company requesting a copy of the order. Within 24 hours the copy was in my possession along with a note thanking me for my patience. It was my mistake in mislaying the receipt. No fault of theirs. I have not in many, many years, received such prompt, courteous customer service. My hat goes off to this company and their very well trained staff. I will do business with them in the future and would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was looking for a birthday present five years ago and I came across Stauer Jewelry's ad on the newspaper. I've been a member with them for four or five years now. I make purchases from them a couple of times a year and they're pretty good. I've never had to return anything. So far, everything that I've ordered has been very good quality stuff.

There's one downside about their service, but it's not really their fault. I work from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM and whenever I need to place an order, I usually do this after I get off from work. But their Customer Service closes at 5:00 PM. So, whenever I call after this hour, it's usually independent sales reps that probably work from their home who pick up and they don't seem to have access to the special discounts or if I have a coupon, I can't use it and they can't do anything with it. So I have to wait till I actually speak to somebody from Customer Service to use the coupons, special discounts, or offers that I get from Stauer Jewelry. Other than that, I've never had a bad experience with them and everybody that I've purchased their product for seems to love them. I would recommend Stauer Jewelry.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I like Stauer's specials and the gift certificates that I give out to family members and friends. Also, I like Lisa and the staff that I've worked with. They change from time to time but I found them very good to work with. Their pricing on their postage is too high, though. 19 bucks seems a little much unless they have to insure it. And I can't buy more than one thing. It seems that for each thing that I buy, I have to pay the shipping and handling on it. So I would strongly recommend them to change their shipping and handling. But otherwise, the rest of their pricing is fair. I like their products, too. I've only had to send one back, but they were good to exchange it. They just bombard me with magazines. So, I hate to order too often because then I get two more magazines right behind it.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I've been affiliated with Stauer for a number of years. And I've purchased a number of special items that we liked. Stauer has been very good to work with and their jewelry seems to be a good quality.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have been a Stauer customer on and off for years. Like with all companies you have to be careful and shop smart for deals. I am also a marketer so understand things like loss leaders, memberships and back end consumer costs. Stauer will often loss lead with a set of DiamondAura earrings. Now these are C5, and for the cost for something so brilliant you can't go wrong. The settings are so so, but you won't have a lot invested if you do suffer a loss. You can often get them dirt cheap on sale or a special, but those sales are made to bring you in, and close you one a more expensive and profitable item. Common practice, grocery stores will often sell salad dressing at a loss with hope you will buy expensive meat and produce.

That being said Stauer is one of the better value product (meaning most bang for the buck) I have found. If you are buying something for a gift, make sure you explain what you are giving is a DiamondAura, or a very high quality lab diamond. Stauer is a great company for value items all in all. As a shopper, I will often buy gifts throughout the year for Christmas or birthdays. If you are on Stauer's mailing list WAIT for something to go on sale, which will often be at a loss to them. Then take advantage by planning ahead for that next gift. Also they cover their costs by HUGE shipping costs. Just beware.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Both my husband and I have purchased from Stauer for years. We both have accounts with Stauer. We both love their products, however, customer service policies are lacking good common sense. We returned some earrings from this order because my husband did not realize they also came with the necklace he ordered (and they were also missing a stone). He returned the items on an exchange form and clearly indicated the earrings were to be exchanged for a watch. Even adding his credit card information for the balance to be billed. Well, the earrings became a credit on the account and the exchange never went through.

After more than a month of waiting I called to find out where the watch was and was told I cannot place the order for the exchange because my name is not on the account. I certainly understand that the company wants the account owner to use the credit, however, in this case the return/exchange form, which is in your office, clearly shows the intent. These forms are just like cash and should be handled with care. They should be scanned, a copy kept and added to the original order so there would be no question if someone needs to call customer service. This department is running blind and are currently clueless when assisting a customer who asks about a return. In any respect, the exchange department did not do what was expected and the form cannot be readily found and I have been made to feel like I am stealing my husband's money for a gift for me! We definitely will think twice about ordering again from Stauer. Sorry - very disappointed.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I buy a lot of silver and gold jewelry. Because of this I can do an excellent comparative analysis of the shipping costs of various well known jewelry companies, including: Tiffany, David Yurman, Overstock, Amazon and National Geographic's Novica. Resultantly, I am floored, flabbergasted, annoyed, and shocked by the exorbitant shipping fees Stauer gets. In fact, I have completely quit ordering from the Stauer company. I like their fairly reasonably priced sterling silver jewelry, but this is all undone by their huge shipping costs. It cost over $20 to ship one small ring. That is ridiculous, and again, I have other companies with which to compare these costs.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I was interested in the ad of Stauer Jewelry in the National Geographic. I went with them and I've never had a bad experience with the representatives. All was good. If a friend is asking me about Stauer, I would tell them to look and see if they've got something they're looking for.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I saw this watch advertised in a magazine. It looked fairly decent for the sale price. I would not have paid the MSRP for this watch, it appears to be a good value for the sale price. The retro styling is attractive, the leather strap is of good quality. The watch does have a large enough face for a man's wrist. All in all it was a good value for the price.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Due to the thousands of snail mail solicitations I try to ensure I do not receive them by either reading the Privacy Policy (PP) or calling the seller and making sure they don’t “use” or “sell” my information. Prior to Christmas (12-16-17) I ordered from Stauer and received as advertised. On 3-12-2018 I received a Sweepstakes solicitation through the mail from Easy Rest Adjustable Sleep Systems and another from Publishers Clearing House on 3-15.

If you read their CC it is clear they will not provide your information other than to improve their services. I called Stauer and the customer service manager told me they are entitled to sell anything about me that is available on the Internet, phone book, etc. If true, that's about everything. If ordering from ANYONE make sure you inform them you do not want ANY of your information used or sold to a third party. Otherwise, hundreds of mailings and phone calls. Here's how to tell who's selling your information - Add a suite/box number to your address. Make a list to keep track. Stauer is # S26 for my mailings. I've also reported this to the FTC.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I'm a platinum member at Stauer Jewelry and my experience with them has been positive. At that time my mother was still alive, I had bought a gift for her and then found things that I liked for myself. I like watches and I wish they would make left-handed watches. In addition, their sales reps were friendly. But they didn't last long and I had to get used to a new one every few weeks. But other than that, they were helpful. Since my mother died, I have a couple of friends I buy jewelry for occasionally. And I buy things for myself as well.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Please call my husband, David **, at our home number ** or call our daughter, Josefina, at ** to discuss this matter. I ordered a ring for my husband in December. The charge for $123.95 was made to my credit card on 12/19/2017. The ring was too big, and he found another one in your catalogue that he preferred, so we ordered the new ring, and returned the first one by mail a few days after Christmas. We will call this the “first ring.” The cost for the second ring was $87.50, and it was billed to my credit card on 02/08/2018. We will call this the “second ring.” I confirmed with one of your customer service representatives that you had indeed received the returned first ring. I was told that a credit would be credited to my credit card promptly. I have still not received a credit to my credit card for the cost of the first ring. Please refund the $123.95 to my credit card immediately. It is now 03/14/2018. This is an unacceptable amount of time to wait for a refund.

I tried to have my adult daughter (Josefina) call to discuss this with one of your customer service representatives today, and she received frustrating and poor customer service from your customer service representative. I would prefer if a supervisor contact my husband at our home number, which you can see is what is reflected on your records of my account, which is **. We are going to dispute this charge as the first ring was returned and your company acknowledged that.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We have been customers of Stauer for several years now and we are always completely satisfied with all of our purchases and the excellent customer service we receive. We highly recommend Stauer to everyone. Every item we have purchased has been of very excellent quality. Thank You Stauer!

Original review: March 12, 2018

Ordered a ring for wife. It was exactly what she wanted but then had a stone fall out of the setting. The ring was replaced without question and in short order. You really have to love the great people in Stauer's customer service group. Great job folks as you made my wife very happy with the replacement. We have dealt with Stauer for many years and have never been disappointed with the products and the services.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I like Stauer Jewelry's products and I've always had a good experience with the company. I pay for a platinum membership and I get really good prices. I'm in the Bay Area and there's a whole lot of jewelry companies around here but Stauer's prices cannot be beat. That’s where I go when I'm buying for three women friends and I would highly recommend them.

I've been buying from Stauer Jewelry for six years and I've never had to send anything back until now. I purchased a little amethyst necklace and one of the stones had a scratch in it. Companies occasionally make little mistakes with certain little products going by the final check. Sometimes quality control people can have an off day and miss something and that was what happened. They told me to go ahead and send it back and they would replace it for free. If I don’t like something, they will replace it as well. You go to some other places and they will take their product back but then you spend over 30 days. Stauer is one of the best jewelry companies I've ever dealt with and they have treated me well.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Stauer Jewelry has a nice line of stuff that my friends would be satisfied with. But there is one exception, the American flag pin. I like the pin but I didn't like the way you put it on your clothes. On the back, it was like a bobby pin that you have to weave through your jacket, as opposed to just pushing it through and securing it. Otherwise, my customer experience with Stauer has been good. The reps told me what was going on and were very nice and pleasant.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I like Stauer's jewelry and with them, I'm able to buy the jewelry. When I go into another jewelry store, I can't afford the same thing. I also like the way they do things. They listen to me and they seem to care about what I'm talking about. I bought a ring from Stauer last December but I lost the ring in a deli and I've been sick for days over it. I wish there was a way to get my ring back.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Worse customer service ever! Bought the Jimmy Stewart watch as a gift and it stopped working. A complete and total nightmare to get an answer from a very rude Agent named Angelina! Never ever again. Now I have to wait for a refund! Just please don't bother with this company.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I got a catalog from Stauer a long time ago and I noticed some nice sunglasses that they were selling at buy one get one free, which was a pretty good deal. I've purchased quite a few different sunglasses from them for myself and as gifts. I purchased over the phone with a representative using a credit card, and then I waited for my order to get in the mail. It worked out okay.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I love your products and have ordered many times, but I think your postage and handling costs are kind of high. I always read your sale emails, and I like the sales flyers in the postal mail. I like the selection of unique and interesting products.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I am a new customer of Stauer. So far I am very impressed by their quality and value. I phoned in an order and found their representative was very helpful and patient. They truly want to make their customers happy. There are also great deals and lots of coupons that help make purchases very affordable. I very pleased with Stauer!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I’ve been through Stauer Jewelry for about two or three years and have purchased rings and pendants from them. I’ve talked to their people over the phone and they’ve been courteous and able to answer my question. I will recommend them.

Stauer Jewelry expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Stauer Jewelry is a company that sells a range of accessories and luxury items to customers online, and they are known for selling jewelry and accessories at affordable prices. The company is headquartered in Burnsville, Minnesota, and it offers a range of products, including traditional jewelry and watches for women, as well as a slew of accessories geared toward men.

• Watch selection: In addition to selling traditional jewelry pieces, Stauer Jewelry has a large selection of watches for customers to choose from.

• Value options: The company offers upscale jewelry, but it also has a selection of fine jewelry pieces under 100 dollars for both men and women, making it a good choice for customers on a budget.

• Unique items: Stauer Jewelry stands out because it not only has jewelry in traditional gems and metals, like silver and gold, but it also features unique jewelry options, such as pieces made of Murano glass.

• No questions asked: Every product purchased from Stauer Jewelry comes with a 30-day, money-back guarantee so customers can return products without any questions asked.

• Platinum membership plan: Stauer offers customers a platinum membership plan. For an annual membership fee, they get 10 percent off every order and 100 dollars in discounts.

• Best for: Customers looking to buy a luxury gift and religious consumers celebrating milestones.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs