toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I especially like Stauer's necklaces but some of the styles and colors of their jewelry matched the clothes that I wear. What I would have really liked would have been the earrings that aren’t the wire pieces, but I haven’t found too many of those. So mostly what I've ordered were necklaces. A couple of times, I purchased online. And then later I got a call from a guy who is at Stauer and so now when I want to place an order, I call and deal directly with him. He’s easy to work with and very thoughtful and helpful. I still get the catalogs, though. I go through them and decide if I am going to order something. So far, it’s been good. I’m very satisfied with the pieces that I have ordered and being able to deal directly with the guy because sometimes when I call and talk to him about a certain thing, he’d also tell me about something else that they’re getting ready to do a special on in case I might be interested. But there’s never any pressure.

I have dealt with Stauer on several occasions. Their products, service and customer service have always been outstanding. I would recommend them to anyone anytime. The shipping time is always prompt, the products are high quality, the folks you deal with on the phone are always courteous, friendly and professional. A First Class Company.

I purchased a watch, described as a timepiece, which was a beautiful representation of a classic piece from the 20s/30s. It ran "OK" for four months, then bellied up. It was a huge hassle sending back to Stauer, so I brought it to a local watch repair/jewelry shop. It was determined to be totally worthless, not worth it repair charges. This is truly unfortunate because it was a beautiful piece. Sorry to say, I won't be purchasing from Stauer again. Basically, it's too good to be true, save your time and effort.

I have found out my rings are fake that I bought through Stauer. They're only worth two dollars and I paid like 200 dollars between both rings. I wish I could have my money back. It's been like 7 years ago one ring and the other ring is three years ago. Don't buy. Warning they're a scam.

I had picked a Stauer watch out of a magazine and my wife purchased it as a gift. I was very pleased with the watch and all the features it had. I have to admit I work a physical job and put the watch through some hard days. It was not a very expensive watch but after six months one of the pins fell off that would set some of the digital features on the watch. Not expecting much I sent Stauer an email and explained the issue. They sent me a return label and wanted me to mail it back. I was very surprised, I sent back the watch with the hope it could be repaired. They sent me a brand new watch! This has never happened to me. I was shocked that a company would do this for a customer. I thanked them and told them they had made me a customer for life. I can not say enough about this company and I will be ordering from Stauer often and with complete confidence!

I am very pleased with my most recent purchase from Stauer, as well as their attention in assisting me with an item I thought may have been broken. I had purchased an automatic watch that requires winding rather than a battery. While I had read the directions, and understood that it was an automatic watch, I didn't realize that anything beyond the initial winding would be called for, especially if the watch isn't worn every day. My initial week to ten day period of wearing the watch was punctuated with one or two day periods of not winding it, as I have a number of watches. As it is the movement of the watch while being worn that keep it wound, it slowed and eventually stopped. I returned it for a replacement, which of course did the same thing.

When I brought it to the attention of customer service, with the intention of returning it for a full refund, they very promptly emailed me with a couple of additional suggestions as to how best to care for and maintain the watch so as to ensure its proper functioning and accuracy. I followed these simple suggestions for a few days and am very pleased with the results. Accordingly, I am keeping the watch (the Stauer Magnificat II), and will certainly be making future purchases from them. Stylish timepieces and prompt customer service are a wonderful combination. Thank you Stauer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

I remain extremely impressed with the first Stauer timepiece purchased by me several years ago. Beside its distinctively great looks, I was awed by the feel of the quality built into the watch as I worked its bezel and set the complications. I knew instantly that this was not any ordinary watch, and that I had found no ordinary watch company. Since then, I have purchased a number of Stauer's watches and have been equally awed by each one. The quality of each of its products at such amazingly affordable prices makes Stauer the greatest value in watches and jewelry that I am aware of. Great going Stauer!!! Thanks for making this 'Blue Collared guy' feel like a 'Blue-Blooded multi-millionaire' every time I step out! Keep up the great work!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed presents for my wife and tried to give Stauer Jewelry a chance. Most of the purchases have been online, and their website is very good. I'm pleased with my experience and so I keep buying from them.

I have bought at least 2 Stauer watches. Both stopped working after a few years, and they were not abused. Will you replace the newer one. It has the # 20409 on the back. It seems to keep the date ok, but "hands" part of the watch does not work. I want you to replace it.

Resolution In Progress

I just called to get instructions on my new watch. Instead of getting what I asked for, I was subjected to a "boiler room" attempt to get me to sign up for numerous additional items. When I asked the person to stop with that nonsense and just get me the information requested, he wanted to argue with me and continue his sales pitch. He then put me on hold for at least 15 minutes and then was disconnected. I use to think that Stauer was a reputable company, now I wonder. PS: I never got the information on my new watch. Please have someone contact me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stauer Jewelry is where I received a ring and some earrings. They were very nice and I had a good experience with them. Their prices were very nice for the quality of the things that I was looking at.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Stauer Jewelry experience was great. I'm happy with the company. I have ordered something from a magazine and got it and I got material from Stauer. I had great interaction with their sales reps, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nothing but applaud for Stauer Jewelry. I've seen their ad in the National Rifleman and ordered some stuff out of curiosity. They had one of the specials where you only pay $24.95 shipping and you get the item free. That was how I got involved with them and I joined the VIP club. From then on, I was sold because I got excellent customer systems and help. I've had five years’ worth of purchases from them.

My husband feels the hunting knife he ordered was the finest knife he, as a collector and user of many knives, has ever held in his hand, and used!! He ordered 3 more as gifts!! The Bonus Binoculars are of high quality as well. A fabulous FREE Bonus! Being shipped to me now is a gorgeous Opal ring I am anxiously awaiting!! It was not until I placed the order for the ring, which was offered at an excellent reduced price, as well as using my $50.00 Free coupon, that I realized I got a Free Bonus of a pair of fine looking sunglasses, AND a lovely bracelet!! When placing my orders over the phone I found the Customer Service person most pleasant and efficient. My orders have come to me in a most timely manner as well. I look forward to more quality offers from this grand company, Stauer!! Sincerely, A most pleased forever customer!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for desirables and there were things that I wanted at Stauer Jewelry. Amazon has cheaper merchandise but it's the promotions that Stauer has that ring the bells in my heart. Our purchasing experience went really well, especially after we had a history of ordering. The representatives that I've had have all been good but we have had a more exciting sales history with the most recent one. I've enjoyed the experience, I'm happy with it and we will reorder from them.

Resolution In Progress

I'm very pleased with how I was treated at Stauer Jewelry. I got the premium plan and paid $99 for a year of a subscription per se, which included some $50 certificates and others with the package. I love the catalogs and the products but I had not been able to afford most of the items and I don't think I'll be able to spend the amount of money that would be required to use the certificates and the email specials. When I ordered two Celtic crosses with a bead chain for myself and my son who's in the service, I called them and asked the serviceman who assisted me if there's an automatic renewal and withdrawal without my permission. He said no and that they won't renew it without my permission. He also said it's free of charge if I wish to not have an additional year and that they were going to give me this one Celtic cross as a gift for buying into the $99 of premium plan.

So when I got the product which I'm very happy with, I looked at the certificate or the package of the premium plan that I was offered and I purchased. And it was totally different than what he had mentioned. In the signed letters, it said that the plan will automatically renew and if I wish to void a renewal, at the end of the year, I have to give up and return the gift that was given when I first purchased the plan. I paid $29.99 for one of the Celtic crosses plus the chains worth $29 each. So I have to return a $30 gift but I paid a $100 to get it. That isn't very fair and kind of crooked. He also said the $50 off certificates were going to be good for one year and they weren't. There were a couple for 80 days or 90 days and the other one was for 180 days.

So I'm really kind of angry but I haven't had the time to hear from them personally and understand it. It's nearly been 30 days since I purchased the gifts. I don't want to renew the plan and I thought maybe I could use these certificates throughout the year for gifts. But I learned that to get some of these gifts and use the certificates, I have to buy ** amount of dollars before I can even use them. But I don't buy that much jewelry and I'm disabled and I live on a small amount of budget. Also, I wanted to stop the premium plan but I've already sent away the gifts and I can't return them. So I'm in a pickle about it and pretty dissatisfied with the experience.

I recently purchased the Metropolitan Watch. I am pleased with the watch and would buy another watch but I have a suggestion. Put a quality band on the other watches you sell. The buckle on the band has come off three times.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had been meaning to try Stauer Jewelry for quite a while and finally got around to it. Everything went well but I had a little bit of problem having a different billing address than a delivery address which was why I ended up phoning and dealing with somebody on the phone rather than strictly placing the order online. Yhe billing address is in Canada and the shipping address was in the US. Anybody spending the winter in Florida wouldn't want it shipped to Canada from Florida. In our particular case, our mailing address is in Florida but we're actually in Panama.It's fairly common the first time that I deal with companies online and so do our neighbors who order from the States that goes through a mailing address in Florida and then it comes by air to Panama. Other than that, I'm happy with them.

My Stauer experience. Three years ago I purchased a Stauer "Corso" model watch, very accurate, great appearance, and highly dependable. When it needed repairs, I bundled it up and sent it back with a simple request for service. In less than two weeks I got my watch back working to (as usual) perfection! The repair cost was more than reasonable. I highly recommend Stauer. Accuracy, dependability, appearance, affordability...5 stars!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My girlfriend and I like the products offered at Stauer Jewelry. The price was great and the quality is top-grade item. Also, they've got beautifully-styled, designed stuff. If I have a need in the future, Stauer Jewelry is definitely where I'm going.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a hunting knife from Stauer Jewelry that looked very well-made and had a very good price. The purchase was quick, smooth, and professional. We got it done and they delivered what they said, when they said they would. Additionally, I ended up joining their little club for a year, and they sent me some coupons and I got a couple of other purchases coming up before my coupons expires.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The experience with Stauer on the whole was good. I saw on the internet that they had inexpensive and nice-looking walking sticks on sale. I'm a senior citizen and I walk with a cane now so I purchased four of them. One of them had the head of a rabbit. My cousin collects canes as a hobby and he's got everything else. I bought one and gave it to him as a present. For Christmas I saw that Stauer had Christmas tree brooch on sale for $12.25. I have a pretty strict budget and normally don't buy anything for my cousins and we don't exchange presents. But this past Christmas, I purchased seven of those brooches and gave it to my cousins. They loved it and wore it on their coat for the holidays.

There was a pair of Cinderella earrings that Stauer had on sale during Valentine's at a very reasonable cost and I wasn't really interested in purchasing it at the time. But a few months later I decided that I wanted to get it. Unfortunately, the price had gone up from $49 to $299. One day, a rep from Stauer called me and asked how he could help. I said what I was looking at and I was not gonna pay $299. She told me to hold on a minute and then she said she can get those for me for $39 so I ended up purchasing them.

Another female friend of mine collects butterflies. I saw that Stauer had a butterfly brooch on sale and I also bought that. They have me down as a Platinum Buyer. One time, I had a problem with the head of one of the canes. I then called them and they told me to send it back and have it replaced. They've been good people 100%. I highly recommend Stauer Jewelry. As a matter of fact, whenever I order, they send me a booklet of what they have and I have been passing that around to a couple of people. They like what they see and two of them have purchased from Stauer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I see Stauer all the time in the magazines that I read. I liked one of their watches and its price so I filled something out to purchase, sent them in and it was done. The watch is okay and it runs all the time.

After numerous attempts I can't get the watch set to EST. I have followed the direction, got Month and day, then that's it. It will reset to 1200 then when it tries to reset it's anywhere from an hour to an hour half away from actual time. Help me. It looks like a great time piece.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love jewelry and have a lot of it. I liked what I saw at Stauer Jewelry so I tried it out. The prices were good and I love the stories. They’ve really done a lot of traveling to try to find the best stuff. I like the selection that they have and I have so many nice things from them like rings, necklaces, and earrings, and I'm very happy. I have a pink tourmaline ring and a Pamirite ring that I thought was going to be pinker. I also ordered a pink morganite ring but it was too light. I wanted pinker color so I sent that back. I have a pink pearl necklace which is really pretty. I bought earrings that go with it too. I also got a Stauer watch in rose gold. Aside from those, I love getting advice from the lady there and she helped me try to figure out what to get.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to get my wife something for an occasion so I bought something from Stauer. It was nice and since then, I bought several other things. However, it hasn't been all that great lately. I bought a ring that was too small. Stauer was supposed to send me a receipt and I was going to send it back for them to replace with the right size. Then about two weeks ago, I got an email that said they had sent me a new ring, but it hasn't showed up. I also still haven't got the receipt to send the other one back with.

I talked to a girl and she was nice and said that they were taking care of it but it never got to the point that I got a receipt to send this ring back. She told me they had the right size. I was a little surprised because they said last week that they were shipping it and delivery doesn't normally take 10 days to get here. So, right now, I'm very seriously considering not buying anything else from them.

I received a ad in TIME and then went to STAUER site on internet where I found great deals and EXCELLENT PRICES. When I received the merchandise it was EXCELLENT merchandise for the price. I would recommend them to others and am going to purchase again from them in the future. I have a wish list and gifts to buy. You have one very satisfied customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We tried Stauer a couple of years ago and I liked the company and everything about it. We had some success about their product. Then we ordered some gold jewelry. It was shipped in but it was not gold, it was yellow. My girlfriend was unhappy so I sent it back. They re-sent it but it just wasn't good so we re-sent it back. We got our money back but we're unhappy. I thought I'm not gonna order from them anymore so I quit. But I got literature all of the time and then Valentine’s Day was coming so I thought I'd give it another try. We just got the product and my girlfriend was happy with it.

Their sales rep are very good. Every time I deal with them, they're very pleasant and very helpful. However, Stauer signed me up on this $99 special deal and they put it on my credit card but I don't need it. But I did it so I will call them and get that credited to my account. Nevertheless, I probably will do more business with them. If my girlfriend likes it and she's happy then I'll get it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Stauer Jewelry on The American Legion Magazine and I was in the market for a watch for myself. They had one at the right price at the right time so I haven't looked at any other. I then made a phone call and gave them my credit card number, then they sent me the watch. It's a very easy process. I had a very good interaction with the very good sales member I spoke to. In fact, I have bought six more watches since the first one. They're of good quality and they keep great time. I was very pleased with every transaction I've had, that's why I've recommended them.

So disappointing! My son was going to give this to his girlfriend and it is an embarrassment! Feels and looks like plastic. So tiny in size too. The description is completely false. There is no way this is regularly $195. I will question buying something from you again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the jewelry that was advertised by Stauer. It was a good deal and I was looking for that particular type of jewelry. It was very easy to purchase from them and my interactions with their sales rep have been very helpful. I'd recommend them to somebody else.

Stauer Jewelry Company Profile