Call toll free
3.56/5
Based on 101 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Stauer Jewelry provides an extraordinary selection of jewelry, watches and other luxury items. We travel directly to the source to find the most exquisite and rare pieces. Our efforts allow us to offer these unique items at the best prices. Let us be your personal shoppers for smart luxuries at surprising prices.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

609 Stauer Jewelry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Eagle Eyes Sunglasses - I have worn these glasses for a couple of years and recently ordered another pair. I have the gold colored sunglasses that fit over one's vision glasses. I have been enjoying them as I can see clearly inside or outside. The Stauer company has given me good service.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have been associated with Stauer in purchasing their jewelry for a few years now. Their products are exemplary and I have always been more than satisfied with what I have purchased. Service department when the need arose to contact, were friendly and very accommodating. In essence, I enjoy their catalogs, their products and all and all the company itself.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was buying my husband a Father's Day gift and a nice young lady Jenny, helped me and explained the Platinum savings for us wonderfully. My husband picked out the Stauer Titanium Atomic Watch and really liked it. I would advise anyone if they want quality jewelry at wonderful prices you cannot do any better than visiting Stauer.com website.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I ordered a lot of jewelry from Stauer before. Although I liked some of their designs and some of the jewelry are still holding together, I'm disappointed with their quality now. I bought a necklace and the first time I took it out of the box, the clasp that held the heart onto the chain broke. I didn't even get to wear it. Another time, I put on a bracelet that I bought, walked outside and didn't even get as far as the car and it fell off. I thought maybe I just didn't put it on right. But the clasp had actually come off. I told them I was unhappy during their most recent call. They had me talk to a product specialist that has the more expensive jewelry. They got into the thousands of dollars worth of jewelry which I'm sure wouldn't break.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 9, 2018

I bought a pendant and a pair of the Eagle eyeglasses from Stauer Jewelry and the young lady was very nice. But the next thing I know, she signed me up for $99 club but I had not asked for that. I noticed it on one of my bills and I was annoyed and I meant to call her. My husband was the one that said he saw something. I didn't really want it but he bought it. But I wasn’t that pleased with the items that they sent. They didn’t seem to polish up the gold. Gold is supposed to polish and it turned like a brass. We tried to polish it but it didn’t. The only other time I purchased something was a quartz and in the picture, it says right on it “not actual size”. But when I got it, I was so disappointed. I wanted to throw it and it was very economical, so I really couldn’t complain that way. But I thought I can do far better at Ross-Simons.

Some of Stauer's bargains are kind of an enticement to get you into getting the catalog and then they send you coupons and you’re inundated with them. Most of the coupons are $50 off towards $150 purchase. I’m not gonna buy an alligator purse with that stuff $450 and they give me a $150 off. I deal with Ross-Simons and I have taken things to a jeweler that I have worn that I purchased from them and the jeweler was quite impressed. He also said things like, “Well, you got a good deal.” And when Stauer gives you a catalog, they give you 25% off of 90% of the items in the catalog. There’s only two pages that say that the prices are so good that there’s no further discount and then of course it ends on days. But, I’m much more pleased with them.

In this day and age, jewelry stores used to be found locally and you can get a watch battery from them. But then, if you want a watch battery, you had to go to Walmart or Target. Then, they put all the jewelry stores like Reeds in these big malls but the malls got very dangerous to go to due to harassment and stuff. I got seven watches right now that I can’t even find a jewelry store that can handle putting batteries in.

Dear Charlene,

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your membership. Please note the Stauer Platinum Membership has an annual fee of $99 and with the purchase of this membership you received the Eagle Eyes Fit-On Sunglasses as a free gift. Once you are enrolled in the program you will receive 4 $50 Discounts Certificate to utilize on any future purchase with no purchase requirements. As you are not happy with your purchase we would be more than happy to cancel the membership and issue a partial refund per your request. Please advise if you would like us to cancel the membership.

If you need further assistance, please email us at customerservice@stauer.com or call Customer Service Administration toll-free at 1-888-201-7123, Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Central Standard Time.

Stauer Customer Service
1 (888) 201-7123

customerservice@stauer.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Original review: June 7, 2018

The watch I got from Stauer is beyond what I expected for the price, and I would just on product alone highly recommend Stauer. However the measure of a great company doesn't end with quality products that's where it begins. How the company acts in an adverse situation is the real measure of a great company. With all that being said, when I received my watch (faster than I expected) it was defective, so I called customer service and talked to Cynthia, after describing the problem to her she without hesitation sent me out a replacement watch. (I received faster than expected.) "Under promise and over deliver with integrity" is the measure of a great company. Stauer is all that and more. I rate this company a 10+.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I received a beautiful timepiece from a very good customer of your company for Christmas of 2017. I owned it for less than 5 months and the second hand fell off. I proceeded to send said timepiece back for warranty as defined in the watch box itself. Sadly I sent it under my name. It was received at your business on 5/23/18 @ 10:18 am by a person whose last name was **. The paperwork inside has my name and phone number legibly written to whom the watch came from.

I phoned earlier today and spoke with a charming woman, who was very helpful with information as to how to find said timepiece. I phoned back with the information fairly immediately and got some buffoon, male. Who wouldn’t even listen to my information at all. I wish I had written the name down. As to single him out. He knows who he is. I hope to get my timepiece back and tell my family members, who purchase a great deal with your company, about my experience immediately. Not Happy.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I first came across Stauer thru a online ad talking about fine jewelry & watches. Since, I like nice looking watches, I decided to order a watch for my collection. (I have over 30 watches in my collection) The service that I receive is top notch and I love the fact that they will email you a coupon (usually $50.00) to use against any order that you place. I'm a Stauer customer and I'm always looking for bargains & Stauer is the place.

Original review: May 29, 2018

To be honest, this watch looks similar to the $8-10 watches in Walmart - a little nicer looking, but much thicker! I never expected the watch to be so thick and heavy. I have been looking at Stauer watches for a while and considering one of your finer watches. I bought this inexpensive watch to see what Stauer was all about. Disappointed with the thickness but for $42 (let's face it, it doesn't cost $13 to mail it), I'll keep it. If I go ahead and buy one of your more expensive watches and don't like it, I will return it immediately.

Insufficient response received
Original review: May 24, 2018

My father recently purchased 2 necklaces and some earrings for me, I have repaired the green, white and gold necklace three times already, reglued the drop "diamond" earrings twice and the daisy necklace looks like a reject from the dollar store. Overpriced cheap crap. Won't be back.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 19, 2018

Received my sunglasses today. From the picture I was expecting one pair to be lighter in shading than the other. Not so. They are both the same dark shade. The package insert speaks about a "proper" Stauer cleaning cloth. There is NO cleaning cloth enclosed! There IS a hard case enclosed. Only problem is that the sunglasses WILL NOT FIT in the case! As a result the case is USELESS! All things considered, I consider my shopping experience with Stauer to be a "one star" rating... and my last!

Dear William,

we do apologize in regards to the condition of your item. We would be more than happy to assist you with an exchange or return. Please use the return/exchange form from the backside of your invoice for your return/exchange instructions. There should also be a pre-paid USPS shipping label attached to the front of your invoice for you to use as postage to return the defective item.

If you need further assistance, please email us at customerserivce@stauer.com or call Customer Service Administration toll-free at 1-888-333-2012, Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Central Standard Time.

Stauer Customer Service
1 (888) 333-2012

customerservice@stauer.com

Original review: May 8, 2018

I purchased a bracelet for $150, and they claimed that my address didn't match my card. The amount was taken out of my account so this confused me. I spoke with my bank, and they confirmed that my current address does indeed match my card. When I spoke to Renee at Stauer customer service, the agent was curt, and they told me that I had to fax in my utility bill. This is silliness. If the agent was nicer perhaps I would have jumped through their hoops. But I don't have a fax machine here, and more importantly, I refuse to give my money to a company that is so unnecessarily rude.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I saw Stauer Jewelry in a magazine and I liked some of their items. I purchased various things like knives, watches and earrings. I’m not satisfied with some stuff, but returning them would be a waste of time and customer service wouldn’t pay attention to me.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I'm not happy with Stauer Jewelry. I bought a watch from them then I pretty blew face on it and the crystal popped off. I wanted to send it back and have it fixed, but they wouldn't do it. They had me talk to half a dozen different people, and then they decided because I didn’t buy any protection plan, it wasn’t gonna be covered. But I paid $195 for this stinking watch and it fell apart. They want you to buy the extra protection crap and if you don't buy it then they can't do anything for you. They also said that I have to buy a new watch. I told them I'll never buy anything from them again, but they keep sending me those fancy catalogs. Other than that purchase, the other jewelry I bought for the old lady has been okay and she was happy with it. I also bought another watch and it was all right.

Dear Thomas,

We are sorry to hear of the condition of your watch, in order to provide you with accurate information; we would need to locate the original order. Please advise the item number of the product in question.

Addy
Customer Relations Administrator

Stauer

Original review: April 19, 2018

I used to go to the doctor's with my husband all the time and we'd always look at magazines. And there would be something in there that brought my husband's attention and he said, "Here, look. You might like this." And it was something from Stauer. I have purchased necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, etc. I also do a lot of my Christmas shopping for my friends through them and I get something for myself quite often too. I love Stauer. In fact, I just received a backordered package today. I used to send checks and get my purchases through the mail and now, I look at the catalogs and if there's something that really catches my eye, I call the number and use my credit card. Their reps have been cooperative and offered me other things that might be a good deal at the time, and protection plan for some of the items that I have. Anyone who sees what I'm wearing tells me they like it and I tell them where to get it.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Got an opal ring for my wife for anniversary. It was flawed so I sent it back for a replacement. Waited a month and no ring. Tried several times to get some answers finally was told the ring was on back order and I would have to wait 6 months for a replacement. Demanded a refund instead. Pitiful return and replacement service. Cancelling my Stauer Platinum membership, if this is the way they treat Platinum members I feel bad for regular customers.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I saw a watch in a magazine which I decided to call and order. The lady was exceptional in assisting with my order, courteous, friendly and knowledgeable. Afterwards I decided to go online to see what else they offered. Established an account, placed an order. A few of the items ordered were not available; therefore I was notified immediately. I called in again and was assisted with perfection. Truly a GREAT online source to shop, I will be back.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I purchased something for myself from Stauer Jewelry but it's been a while since I've gotten anything from them. Nonetheless, my experience was very good. Their reps were always pleasant and accommodating. Stauer is great and I love their stuff. I had a few pieces that I wasn't very happy with, but they took them back. They never tried to talk me into keeping anything I didn't like and their return process was satisfactory. Sometimes it took longer than what I would have liked but I did get the money back.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I've ordered several items over the past few years and have been completely satisfied. My only reason for not providing 5 stars has to do with tracking of the products. I have had tracking for only 1 purchase out of the handful I have made. I've used the link to track my package for an exchange and it does not recognize my order number. I have to email to get the information. But please do not let my small hiccups prevent you for understanding how beautiful the products are. I bought a ring many years ago and it still sparkles and I have never lost a stone nor has the silver tarnished.

No response received
Original review: April 1, 2018

My father happened upon an advertisement for the La Curva Necklace and thought it would make a nice Christmas gift for the women in his family. He bought four of them, spending over $400 dollars. This necklace/bracelet has proven to be junk. None of the four of us has been able to wear it as a bracelet, since it does not hold its shape at all. They loosened and fell off our wrists several times the very night he gave them to us. My sister then attempted to wear it as a necklace, but found that it pulled the small hairs on her neck. Also, after wearing it only twice, the gold plating was beginning to wear off. We, of course, have not told my father about any of this, because we don't want him to know he wasted his money.

In addition, he was excited to present us with the $50 "Friends and Family gift card" that each necklace came with and told us to be sure to use it before the expiration date. As another reviewer has noted, however, this is just a scam. It cannot be used with any discounted items and EVERY item is "discounted" on Stauer's website. So, when you add an item to your cart and enter the code for the gift card, you end up at the same "discounted" price that the item was listed for in the first place. I will never purchase from this company and would warn others to stay away.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 30, 2018

The LA curva necklace is not wearable. Does not stay where you put it, uncoils when you move. So only wearable if you plan on standing like a statue. Total waste of money! Cannot think of anything to use it for.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was looking into jewelry providers for presents. And I liked Stauer's design and prices. I bought some rings and watches, and the overall purchase process has been easy. Stauer's sales members were very helpful and even if something wasn't exactly correct, they were very willing to fix it. I was happy with the experience. But then in order to be a preferred customer, I had to pay a membership fee, and other places don't charge a membership fee. It turned me off when I had to pay a membership to get a discount.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have ordered several things from this company over the internet and phone this season. Person to person contact was very friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Over the internet, I ordered two items, which I received in good time and condition. When organizing my purchases for crossing the border, I realized I did not a have receipt for those two items. I emailed the company requesting a copy of the order. Within 24 hours the copy was in my possession along with a note thanking me for my patience. It was my mistake in mislaying the receipt. No fault of theirs. I have not in many, many years, received such prompt, courteous customer service. My hat goes off to this company and their very well trained staff. I will do business with them in the future and would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was looking for a birthday present five years ago and I came across Stauer Jewelry's ad on the newspaper. I've been a member with them for four or five years now. I make purchases from them a couple of times a year and they're pretty good. I've never had to return anything. So far, everything that I've ordered has been very good quality stuff.

There's one downside about their service, but it's not really their fault. I work from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM and whenever I need to place an order, I usually do this after I get off from work. But their Customer Service closes at 5:00 PM. So, whenever I call after this hour, it's usually independent sales reps that probably work from their home who pick up and they don't seem to have access to the special discounts or if I have a coupon, I can't use it and they can't do anything with it. So I have to wait till I actually speak to somebody from Customer Service to use the coupons, special discounts, or offers that I get from Stauer Jewelry. Other than that, I've never had a bad experience with them and everybody that I've purchased their product for seems to love them. I would recommend Stauer Jewelry.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I like Stauer's specials and the gift certificates that I give out to family members and friends. Also, I like Lisa and the staff that I've worked with. They change from time to time but I found them very good to work with. Their pricing on their postage is too high, though. 19 bucks seems a little much unless they have to insure it. And I can't buy more than one thing. It seems that for each thing that I buy, I have to pay the shipping and handling on it. So I would strongly recommend them to change their shipping and handling. But otherwise, the rest of their pricing is fair. I like their products, too. I've only had to send one back, but they were good to exchange it. They just bombard me with magazines. So, I hate to order too often because then I get two more magazines right behind it.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I've been affiliated with Stauer for a number of years. And I've purchased a number of special items that we liked. Stauer has been very good to work with and their jewelry seems to be a good quality.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have been a Stauer customer on and off for years. Like with all companies you have to be careful and shop smart for deals. I am also a marketer so understand things like loss leaders, memberships and back end consumer costs. Stauer will often loss lead with a set of DiamondAura earrings. Now these are C5, and for the cost for something so brilliant you can't go wrong. The settings are so so, but you won't have a lot invested if you do suffer a loss. You can often get them dirt cheap on sale or a special, but those sales are made to bring you in, and close you one a more expensive and profitable item. Common practice, grocery stores will often sell salad dressing at a loss with hope you will buy expensive meat and produce.

That being said Stauer is one of the better value product (meaning most bang for the buck) I have found. If you are buying something for a gift, make sure you explain what you are giving is a DiamondAura, or a very high quality lab diamond. Stauer is a great company for value items all in all. As a shopper, I will often buy gifts throughout the year for Christmas or birthdays. If you are on Stauer's mailing list WAIT for something to go on sale, which will often be at a loss to them. Then take advantage by planning ahead for that next gift. Also they cover their costs by HUGE shipping costs. Just beware.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 19, 2018

Both my husband and I have purchased from Stauer for years. We both have accounts with Stauer. We both love their products, however, customer service policies are lacking good common sense. We returned some earrings from this order because my husband did not realize they also came with the necklace he ordered (and they were also missing a stone). He returned the items on an exchange form and clearly indicated the earrings were to be exchanged for a watch. Even adding his credit card information for the balance to be billed. Well, the earrings became a credit on the account and the exchange never went through.

After more than a month of waiting I called to find out where the watch was and was told I cannot place the order for the exchange because my name is not on the account. I certainly understand that the company wants the account owner to use the credit, however, in this case the return/exchange form, which is in your office, clearly shows the intent. These forms are just like cash and should be handled with care. They should be scanned, a copy kept and added to the original order so there would be no question if someone needs to call customer service. This department is running blind and are currently clueless when assisting a customer who asks about a return. In any respect, the exchange department did not do what was expected and the form cannot be readily found and I have been made to feel like I am stealing my husband's money for a gift for me! We definitely will think twice about ordering again from Stauer. Sorry - very disappointed.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I buy a lot of silver and gold jewelry. Because of this I can do an excellent comparative analysis of the shipping costs of various well known jewelry companies, including: Tiffany, David Yurman, Overstock, Amazon and National Geographic's Novica. Resultantly, I am floored, flabbergasted, annoyed, and shocked by the exorbitant shipping fees Stauer gets. In fact, I have completely quit ordering from the Stauer company. I like their fairly reasonably priced sterling silver jewelry, but this is all undone by their huge shipping costs. It cost over $20 to ship one small ring. That is ridiculous, and again, I have other companies with which to compare these costs.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I was interested in the ad of Stauer Jewelry in the National Geographic. I went with them and I've never had a bad experience with the representatives. All was good. If a friend is asking me about Stauer, I would tell them to look and see if they've got something they're looking for.

Stauer Jewelry expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Stauer Jewelry is a company that sells a range of accessories and luxury items to customers online, and they are known for selling jewelry and accessories at affordable prices. The company is headquartered in Burnsville, Minnesota, and it offers a range of products, including traditional jewelry and watches for women, as well as a slew of accessories geared toward men.

• Watch selection: In addition to selling traditional jewelry pieces, Stauer Jewelry has a large selection of watches for customers to choose from.

• Value options: The company offers upscale jewelry, but it also has a selection of fine jewelry pieces under 100 dollars for both men and women, making it a good choice for customers on a budget.

• Unique items: Stauer Jewelry stands out because it not only has jewelry in traditional gems and metals, like silver and gold, but it also features unique jewelry options, such as pieces made of Murano glass.

• No questions asked: Every product purchased from Stauer Jewelry comes with a 30-day, money-back guarantee so customers can return products without any questions asked.

• Platinum membership plan: Stauer offers customers a platinum membership plan. For an annual membership fee, they get 10 percent off every order and 100 dollars in discounts.

• Best for: Customers looking to buy a luxury gift and religious consumers celebrating milestones.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs