Call toll free
3.33/5
Based on 103 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Stauer Jewelry provides an extraordinary selection of jewelry, watches and other luxury items. We travel directly to the source to find the most exquisite and rare pieces. Our efforts allow us to offer these unique items at the best prices. Let us be your personal shoppers for smart luxuries at surprising prices.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

623 Stauer Jewelry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Now I have an issue, not with the product itself, because that has not arrived yet. I bought the Platinum Membership, $99. My initial contact with Stauer was to obtain information on a new order under consideration, and that I had a concern with the outrageous S/H charges. I was told with our Platinum membership, "You will NEVER have to pay S/H charges again, as long as you are a Platinum member," so I purchased the membership.

In the following days I ordered an item. I asked the rep why am I paying $16.95 for S/H, I am a Platinum member, The rep stated that, "I don't know who you spoke with but there is always a S/H charges." I didn't misunderstand anything, the rep misrepresented the facts, whether intentionally or on purpose. I am curious if the call was monitored. The S/H charges from Stauer are a PAD, nothing more just a PAD. I know of no company that charges such exorbitant S/H charges. Of course something is reasonable for S/H charges but almost 30% of the cost of the product is a bit outlandish. It really puts a bitter taste in my mouth now, especially if I was intentionally misled. I believe Stauer needs to make things right.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

A particular item made me wanna look into Stauer Jewelry, but purchasing from them was a nightmare. The item I ordered came with the option of an additional item, but the order totally got screwed up. They said the item that I ordered got shipped but it didn't. Then they started shipping stuff but they never shipped the other item. Finally, they shipped the other item but they shipped it to the wrong address. Our order was just a mess, but it eventually got done, although it involved some returns and some waiting The reps were very nice, though, and they're all great people. Also, the quality of the jewelry that I got is okay and I like the product.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I ordered the Stauer ladies watch in black with gold trim and rhinestones. It’s listed at $395.00 in the book. I paid just under $100 as it was on a reduced promotional price. This was in June 2018. Today is Aug 6, 2018 which has been less than 2 months. It is not keeping the correct time. It is 6 minutes behind time. I’m very disappointed. Hopefully, customer service will rectify my problem. They close so early (6pm central time), I have not been able to get home in time to call Stauer before they close. I need a dependable watch as I am a school Principal and do not want to walk around all day toting my cell to have the exact time as I don’t allow students to use their cell phones during class time.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I just purchased a triple watch winder listed at $195. I was provided a discount code which gave me a 25 percent discount. Then you turn around and charge me $24.95 for shipping which means that in reality I saved a total of 0.05 cents. What a blatant ripoff. I’ll never purchase another item from you again. This is outright thievery. So thanks for nothing.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have been a customer over the past three plus years. Everything has been A+ from initial ordering, delivery and follow through. That last comment is the reason I keep coming back and ordering more. As an MBA with over thirty five years in sales and marketing, I can affirm that the companies that last are the ones like Stauer. They follow up, and that what keeps me a loyal customer forever. You should serve as a business model for companies that want to last in this competitive environment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Original review: July 16, 2018

Bought several watches from Stauer. The Blue Stone Chronograph is the worst. Hard to see everything except the dials. Programming is a nightmare. Will return the watch. The other watches from Stauer have been outstanding, good quality at a fair price but the Blue Stone is a lemon.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Watch band fell apart soon after using it - The band broke from the watch and Stauer stated I needed to pay $25 more for a warranty to have it fixed. It sits in a drawer drawing dust. Watch looks good, but without a band (which it needs a special type) it is useless and I shouldn't have to pay a warranty for a repair in workmanship.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I placed this order online but was unable to apply the $50 discount code, so I called the 800#. I was told to call back during regular hours which I promptly did. When I reached (so called) customer service I was told that there was "nothing that could be done" to apply the discount and that I should "place orders over the phone". I was then told that it may be too late to cancel the order and if that is the case, I should refuse the package when it arrives. In the meantime, my credit card will be charged and who knows how long it will take to remedy this?!? I have been a customer since 2007, but you may have lost me forever!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I have a Stauer watch. The moon hand has came off. I have been in touch with your London office Sittingbourne Kent but no reply. As they do not respond so if your watches go wrong do you throw them away.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My husband saw a jewelry set with a necklace, earring, and bracelet on Stauer Jewelry that he liked for me and called in the order then it came in regular. A representative called to see how we liked the purchase but my husband was at work so my husband called him back. The jewelry set came while I was away on a trip and my husband held on to it until Christmas before he gave it to me. That was the time I looked at it and I told him that I cannot wear it because it has to be gold. He keeps buying me jewelry but it's tarnishing. The set is now sitting in a closet and he ended up buying a gold ring with diamonds on it from another company. While he has a different taste for me, the set is also cheaply made. And I didn't like the design that he bought. It was just not for me but I would recommend Stauer to a friend.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I ordered a free ($25) amethyst necklace. I specifically asked the Stauer representative if the amethyst was natural or lab created. He checked and said it was natural. I received the necklace and it was definitely not natural, so I returned it. The refund policy on "free" items is zero credit which I did not know in advance. Stauer customer service would not acknowledge the problem and would not offer any refund. I am considering this a $25 lesson. I would urge anyone purchasing from Stauer to be careful and hesitant.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I ordered this "18K gold finished sterling silver" Aria necklace to wear to a wedding. I was shocked when it arrived, because the quality and condition of the article was so poor, it was worse than used, cheap, costume jewelry. It had only wisps of "gold" plating remaining over dark, tarnished, oxidized "sterling silver"(that also looked brassy and tarnished). It was constructed of some light, cheap metal that hardly resembled "gold", or "sterling silver". More like tarnished brass, I'd guess. Purchased after seeing an ad in the New York Times. "Quality"? "18K gold"? False advertising, or at least, misrepresentation. Unbelievable.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Stauer Jewelry has some very nice-looking stuff at competitive prices. My wife needed something for her birthday at that time. I ended up purchasing a number of pieces for her. The sales reps were very fine, very courteous, polite and knowledgeable. They were very nice people to talk to on the phone and the purchasing experience was very pleasant. They have a nice selection and they're changing stuff all the time.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Eagle Eyes Sunglasses - I have worn these glasses for a couple of years and recently ordered another pair. I have the gold colored sunglasses that fit over one's vision glasses. I have been enjoying them as I can see clearly inside or outside. The Stauer company has given me good service.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I'm 93 years old and I love to dress getup. I also love jewelry and I love Stauer Jewelry. It's very well-made. It's what I'd expect when I get it. I love their pearls. I love the gold and silver too. I also love the extra gift I get from them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have been associated with Stauer in purchasing their jewelry for a few years now. Their products are exemplary and I have always been more than satisfied with what I have purchased. Service department when the need arose to contact, were friendly and very accommodating. In essence, I enjoy their catalogs, their products and all and all the company itself.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was buying my husband a Father's Day gift and a nice young lady Jenny, helped me and explained the Platinum savings for us wonderfully. My husband picked out the Stauer Titanium Atomic Watch and really liked it. I would advise anyone if they want quality jewelry at wonderful prices you cannot do any better than visiting Stauer.com website.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I ordered a lot of jewelry from Stauer before. Although I liked some of their designs and some of the jewelry are still holding together, I'm disappointed with their quality now. I bought a necklace and the first time I took it out of the box, the clasp that held the heart onto the chain broke. I didn't even get to wear it. Another time, I put on a bracelet that I bought, walked outside and didn't even get as far as the car and it fell off. I thought maybe I just didn't put it on right. But the clasp had actually come off. I told them I was unhappy during their most recent call. They had me talk to a product specialist that has the more expensive jewelry. They got into the thousands of dollars worth of jewelry which I'm sure wouldn't break.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I bought a pendant and a pair of the Eagle eyeglasses from Stauer Jewelry and the young lady was very nice. But the next thing I know, she signed me up for $99 club but I had not asked for that. I noticed it on one of my bills and I was annoyed and I meant to call her. My husband was the one that said he saw something. I didn't really want it but he bought it. But I wasn’t that pleased with the items that they sent. They didn’t seem to polish up the gold. Gold is supposed to polish and it turned like a brass. We tried to polish it but it didn’t. The only other time I purchased something was a quartz and in the picture, it says right on it “not actual size”. But when I got it, I was so disappointed. I wanted to throw it and it was very economical, so I really couldn’t complain that way. But I thought I can do far better at Ross-Simons.

Some of Stauer's bargains are kind of an enticement to get you into getting the catalog and then they send you coupons and you’re inundated with them. Most of the coupons are $50 off towards $150 purchase. I’m not gonna buy an alligator purse with that stuff $450 and they give me a $150 off. I deal with Ross-Simons and I have taken things to a jeweler that I have worn that I purchased from them and the jeweler was quite impressed. He also said things like, “Well, you got a good deal.” And when Stauer gives you a catalog, they give you 25% off of 90% of the items in the catalog. There’s only two pages that say that the prices are so good that there’s no further discount and then of course it ends on days. But, I’m much more pleased with them.

In this day and age, jewelry stores used to be found locally and you can get a watch battery from them. But then, if you want a watch battery, you had to go to Walmart or Target. Then, they put all the jewelry stores like Reeds in these big malls but the malls got very dangerous to go to due to harassment and stuff. I got seven watches right now that I can’t even find a jewelry store that can handle putting batteries in.

Dear Charlene,

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your membership. Please note the Stauer Platinum Membership has an annual fee of $99 and with the purchase of this membership you received the Eagle Eyes Fit-On Sunglasses as a free gift. Once you are enrolled in the program you will receive 4 $50 Discounts Certificate to utilize on any future purchase with no purchase requirements. As you are not happy with your purchase we would be more than happy to cancel the membership and issue a partial refund per your request. Please advise if you would like us to cancel the membership.

If you need further assistance, please email us at customerservice@stauer.com or call Customer Service Administration toll-free at 1-888-201-7123, Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Central Standard Time.

Stauer Customer Service
1 (888) 201-7123

customerservice@stauer.com

Original review: June 7, 2018

The watch I got from Stauer is beyond what I expected for the price, and I would just on product alone highly recommend Stauer. However the measure of a great company doesn't end with quality products that's where it begins. How the company acts in an adverse situation is the real measure of a great company. With all that being said, when I received my watch (faster than I expected) it was defective, so I called customer service and talked to Cynthia, after describing the problem to her she without hesitation sent me out a replacement watch. (I received faster than expected.) "Under promise and over deliver with integrity" is the measure of a great company. Stauer is all that and more. I rate this company a 10+.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I received a beautiful timepiece from a very good customer of your company for Christmas of 2017. I owned it for less than 5 months and the second hand fell off. I proceeded to send said timepiece back for warranty as defined in the watch box itself. Sadly I sent it under my name. It was received at your business on 5/23/18 @ 10:18 am by a person whose last name was **. The paperwork inside has my name and phone number legibly written to whom the watch came from.

I phoned earlier today and spoke with a charming woman, who was very helpful with information as to how to find said timepiece. I phoned back with the information fairly immediately and got some buffoon, male. Who wouldn’t even listen to my information at all. I wish I had written the name down. As to single him out. He knows who he is. I hope to get my timepiece back and tell my family members, who purchase a great deal with your company, about my experience immediately. Not Happy.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I first came across Stauer thru a online ad talking about fine jewelry & watches. Since, I like nice looking watches, I decided to order a watch for my collection. (I have over 30 watches in my collection) The service that I receive is top notch and I love the fact that they will email you a coupon (usually $50.00) to use against any order that you place. I'm a Stauer customer and I'm always looking for bargains & Stauer is the place.

Original review: May 29, 2018

To be honest, this watch looks similar to the $8-10 watches in Walmart - a little nicer looking, but much thicker! I never expected the watch to be so thick and heavy. I have been looking at Stauer watches for a while and considering one of your finer watches. I bought this inexpensive watch to see what Stauer was all about. Disappointed with the thickness but for $42 (let's face it, it doesn't cost $13 to mail it), I'll keep it. If I go ahead and buy one of your more expensive watches and don't like it, I will return it immediately.

Insufficient response received
Original review: May 24, 2018

My father recently purchased 2 necklaces and some earrings for me, I have repaired the green, white and gold necklace three times already, reglued the drop "diamond" earrings twice and the daisy necklace looks like a reject from the dollar store. Overpriced cheap crap. Won't be back.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Received my sunglasses today. From the picture I was expecting one pair to be lighter in shading than the other. Not so. They are both the same dark shade. The package insert speaks about a "proper" Stauer cleaning cloth. There is NO cleaning cloth enclosed! There IS a hard case enclosed. Only problem is that the sunglasses WILL NOT FIT in the case! As a result the case is USELESS! All things considered, I consider my shopping experience with Stauer to be a "one star" rating... and my last!

Dear William,

we do apologize in regards to the condition of your item. We would be more than happy to assist you with an exchange or return. Please use the return/exchange form from the backside of your invoice for your return/exchange instructions. There should also be a pre-paid USPS shipping label attached to the front of your invoice for you to use as postage to return the defective item.

If you need further assistance, please email us at customerserivce@stauer.com or call Customer Service Administration toll-free at 1-888-333-2012, Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Central Standard Time.

Stauer Customer Service
1 (888) 333-2012

customerservice@stauer.com

Original review: May 8, 2018

I purchased a bracelet for $150, and they claimed that my address didn't match my card. The amount was taken out of my account so this confused me. I spoke with my bank, and they confirmed that my current address does indeed match my card. When I spoke to Renee at Stauer customer service, the agent was curt, and they told me that I had to fax in my utility bill. This is silliness. If the agent was nicer perhaps I would have jumped through their hoops. But I don't have a fax machine here, and more importantly, I refuse to give my money to a company that is so unnecessarily rude.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I saw Stauer Jewelry in a magazine and I liked some of their items. I purchased various things like knives, watches and earrings. I’m not satisfied with some stuff, but returning them would be a waste of time and customer service wouldn’t pay attention to me.

No response received
Original review: April 26, 2018

I'm not happy with Stauer Jewelry. I bought a watch from them then I pretty blew face on it and the crystal popped off. I wanted to send it back and have it fixed, but they wouldn't do it. They had me talk to half a dozen different people, and then they decided because I didn’t buy any protection plan, it wasn’t gonna be covered. But I paid $195 for this stinking watch and it fell apart. They want you to buy the extra protection crap and if you don't buy it then they can't do anything for you. They also said that I have to buy a new watch. I told them I'll never buy anything from them again, but they keep sending me those fancy catalogs. Other than that purchase, the other jewelry I bought for the old lady has been okay and she was happy with it. I also bought another watch and it was all right.

Dear Thomas,

We are sorry to hear of the condition of your watch, in order to provide you with accurate information; we would need to locate the original order. Please advise the item number of the product in question.

Addy
Customer Relations Administrator

Stauer

Original review: April 19, 2018

I used to go to the doctor's with my husband all the time and we'd always look at magazines. And there would be something in there that brought my husband's attention and he said, "Here, look. You might like this." And it was something from Stauer. I have purchased necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, etc. I also do a lot of my Christmas shopping for my friends through them and I get something for myself quite often too. I love Stauer. In fact, I just received a backordered package today. I used to send checks and get my purchases through the mail and now, I look at the catalogs and if there's something that really catches my eye, I call the number and use my credit card. Their reps have been cooperative and offered me other things that might be a good deal at the time, and protection plan for some of the items that I have. Anyone who sees what I'm wearing tells me they like it and I tell them where to get it.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Got an opal ring for my wife for anniversary. It was flawed so I sent it back for a replacement. Waited a month and no ring. Tried several times to get some answers finally was told the ring was on back order and I would have to wait 6 months for a replacement. Demanded a refund instead. Pitiful return and replacement service. Cancelling my Stauer Platinum membership, if this is the way they treat Platinum members I feel bad for regular customers.

Stauer Jewelry expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Stauer Jewelry is a company that sells a range of accessories and luxury items to customers online, and they are known for selling jewelry and accessories at affordable prices. The company is headquartered in Burnsville, Minnesota, and it offers a range of products, including traditional jewelry and watches for women, as well as a slew of accessories geared toward men.

• Watch selection: In addition to selling traditional jewelry pieces, Stauer Jewelry has a large selection of watches for customers to choose from.

• Value options: The company offers upscale jewelry, but it also has a selection of fine jewelry pieces under 100 dollars for both men and women, making it a good choice for customers on a budget.

• Unique items: Stauer Jewelry stands out because it not only has jewelry in traditional gems and metals, like silver and gold, but it also features unique jewelry options, such as pieces made of Murano glass.

• No questions asked: Every product purchased from Stauer Jewelry comes with a 30-day, money-back guarantee so customers can return products without any questions asked.

• Platinum membership plan: Stauer offers customers a platinum membership plan. For an annual membership fee, they get 10 percent off every order and 100 dollars in discounts.

• Best for: Customers looking to buy a luxury gift and religious consumers celebrating milestones.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Fax:
952-707-7518
www.stauer.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business