Call toll free
3.24/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Stauer Jewelry provides an extraordinary selection of jewelry, watches and other luxury items. We travel directly to the source to find the most exquisite and rare pieces. Our efforts allow us to offer these unique items at the best prices. Let us be your personal shoppers for smart luxuries at surprising prices.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

667 Stauer Jewelry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I received the pearl necklace and bracelet in a very cheap, semi-crushed black box; not fit to give as a gift. The necklace and bracelet were in a jumbled pile at one end of the box. I have my doubts as to whether the necklace would fit the neck of a woman, more likely the neck of a 10 year old girl. I'm very disappointed in Stauer.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have enjoyed ordering from Stauer for about 20-years. 99% of the Stauer Associates are the very best in the business. The clearances and the sales can’t be beat. Their coupons are my favorite. Everyone loves my purchases. Only one problem with an item ever and Stauer made good on that item. Stauer makes ordering fun by phone and by internet. Thank you Stauer!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

A loyal customer over 13 years. I purchased a Stauer Iron Horse for my wife last Christmas which she has worn 3 or 4 times. Last week she set it to wear but it did not hold time. When I called Stauer, I was informed since I had not purchased a warranty we had no recourse. While I've never had any problems with items I've purchased in the past, I never knew I needed to purchase a separate warranty. I just assumed it came with a least a 1 year warranty. I took the watch to our jeweler (we've used them over 30 years) and was informed it will cost $200 plus tax to repair.

Since I can't justify the additional expense of an item owned less than a year and worn no more than 5 times I will not be having it fixed and I would appreciate it you would remove my name from your mailing list as I am no longer interested in purchasing any merchandise from your company, and will make sure I inform friends and associates who've admired and purchased items because of my recommendation about your repair policy.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I was told by e-mail that my order would be delivered on December 4. It was not. I did not receive any explanation from Stauer as to why my order was not delivered on December 4 or when it would be delivered. I am in the process of canceling my order. I was told on December 4 that I would have to return the product AT MY EXPENSE. My experience with Stauer will apparently cost me money for which I will receive nothing. Customer service is dead in America and Stauer is the perfect example of its passing.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Excellent product. In two words. I am so happy that I can afford this watch. I am on a fix income and feel grateful to own this watch. Thank you, Stauer. Your product and service are truly unmatched. A true quality, elegant, and practical timepiece.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Website worked well, no problems placing order. Liked the value of products. Selection was very good and unique. Can't think of much else to say since everything we very well. Will order more in the future.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My order next went thur. I got a coupon code on back of magazine, tried to use it a few days later...not even a week. Already expired. Tried to use the codes from the postcards for 50% each, they didn't work. Called them at 6pm Sat evening. They were closed. I'm sure I can find exact same pieces at other stores whose coupons are a complete smelly piece of BS!! Merry Xmas. Stauer. Wanted to try you out, was NOTHING BUT A COMPLETE, FRUSTRATING WASTE OF TIME. SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION AND CHECK OUT A Real store!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Backordered - This has happened every year when I order jewelry for my handicapped wife. I tried to order early this year and, guess what? The same thing happened. Also, you should not charge a customer's credit card until you are sure the item can be shipped. Very Unhappy Husband.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Intrigued by a magazine ad in late 2014 and anxious to ditch digital watches for an “automatic” (i.e., self-winding) analog timepiece, I finally ordered a lovely Stauer WWII-era “Ritorno” replication at an attractive price by using promotional code RTN373-02. Stauer confirmed my purchase in a January 20, 2015, email. The watch arrived on January 27.

My initial impression was very good. It looked beautiful and had the heft and feel of a substantial watch. The self-promoting line they use in their advertising about having many millions of dollars of precision Swiss watch-making equipment seemed justified at first glance. These highly positive impressions did not last too long, I’m afraid, being replaced by experiences of considerable deficiencies before too much time passed.

This Ritorno almost immediately began exhibiting two serious flaws: It ran very slow, so I would reset it each morning, using the NIST (time.gov) website after it initially had lost about a minute. Then it began losing more and more time until it was running 2.5 minutes slow in 24 hours. Next, it began picking up time until it was running perhaps 20 seconds slow in a day; then, erratic variabilities began to occur, with the time being lost or gained with no apparent pattern. The watch did not always resume running when I pushed the crown (stem) firmly in after setting the time. I would have to repeat the process once or even twice to get the hands to begin moving again.

Finally, by November 2015, I could not put up with this any longer and approached Stauer. They apologized and described how to get a warranty replacement. They required the original watch in hand before they would replace it, so I had to be without the watch for several weeks. At last, on February 5, 2016, the replacement Ritorno arrived. It began exhibiting problems immediately. I emailed Stauer on February 8 to report this to them:

“I received this warranty replacement Ritorno on February 5. Sadly, it has not worked correctly no matter what I have done. This watch seems to have a defective crown mechanism. I cannot set the time properly. When pulled to the "2" position, the crown does not reliably stop the watch, which continues to run, sometimes erratically for several seconds. Sometimes giving the crown a firm extra tug will stop the watch, but sometimes not. Then, pushing the crown back in, no matter how carefully, causes the second hand to jump several seconds. I certainly would like to enjoy a Ritorno watch. The design is very appealing, and I much liked the first one I received until it began failing. This replacement had failed before I even opened the box. Please send me a mail-back label so I can return this defective replacement. I earnestly hope the third Ritorno will be the one that reliably works.”

The third one arrived on April 1, 2016. It worked relatively OK for a brief time and then began exhibiting flaws. To begin with, these included the two problems with the first watch and the cluster of problems with the second one. As time went on, an additional fault began showing up: the failure of the crown to stop reliably in the “1" position, where the date can be adjusted. I finally gave up even bothering with it, given that it eventually rarely worked. The little window is so small that it is not really useful anyway.

Time went by, and I pretty much gave up, realizing that if that expensive precision Swiss equipment really were in use to make these watches, it was in the hands of inept workers. Probably in such circumstances a person is lucky to get anything that even halfway works. But to read the ads, a person would think that the next stop was a Rolex.

I let the three-year warranty lapse in early 2018 without going through the whole miserable business again, feeling certain that I would not get anything better but might actually be sent a worse watch. One semi-bright spot in this dismalness is that the watch has been consistently running only about five seconds slow a day for several months, but its erratic behavior easily could begin again. If there is no explanation for what’s wrong, there is no way to predict anything.

I’ll put up with this Ritorno for as long as I can stand it and then acquire another automatic watch from another manufacturer, one that produces reliable products rather than blowing a bunch of hot air about it that may a be good marketing strategy but is misleading and even deceitful. Oh, yes: The rating is one star only because of the lovely appearance of the watch and nothing else. Otherwise, I’d have rated it with no stars, were that permitted.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Place an order shipping it to a different address, had the order confirmed, order charged to my credit card only to be told the next day that I cannot ship to another address. Was told this was for security reason that they will not ship to another address unless you have been with them for 30 days. At Christmas time timing is important and Stauer has no concern for the customer and the two people I talked to were the worst customer service people.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My husband first ordered something from Stauer then I also had received a catalog. I've purchased too, did most of it over the phone and spoke to a representative. The quality of items is great and my experiences with Stauer have been great as well.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I sent in a mail order purchase with coupons and a money order covering the purchase in September 2018. By the end of October I had received no jewelry and no contact via phone or email from Stauer. However, several times per week I would receive phone voicemail from their sales team encouraging me to use my coupons. When I called them the customer service department told me I had not sent the correct amount of money and they disregarded my coupons. I gave them my credit card number for the balance and they said the original order would be mailed promptly. I waited with no contact from them except the phone voicemail messages from sales.

In November 2018 I called one of the sales personnel bypassing the poor customer service and was told they would transfer me to a supervisor who would straighten this mess out. I was right back to customer service and they had used an expired credit card I had used once YEARS ago, not the current card I had repeated to them on the phone in November. No one had called or emailed me with this information! I requested my money be returned from the original order and to take me off their mailing list.

To this day, November 25, 2018 I have received no refund and continue to receive their catalogs and sales voicemail messages. Going into, now December, I have not been reimbursed my $129.50 money order I sent for the jewelry order they would not send. I still receive the sale calls via voice message. I am going to pursue further action to receive the $129.50 they are holding but I will never do business with this company again. For further information the flower ring I purchased years ago fell apart in three months.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Order placed online for Stauer Watch for $29.99 plus tax and shipping, total charge was $41.05 to Credit Card. On 11/20/2018 paid. At 8:21pm 11/20/2018 Stauer placed an illegal charge on my card for $44.99! I have protested the charge to my Credit Card Company, please remove the double charge you tried to do.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I’ve ordered several things from you and my reviews are mixed. The items are pretty but the quality on some are disappointing. I learned right away to avoid anything gold toned with you due to the fact that the one I tried rubbed off and now just looks cheap. But my latest order was the last straw! I’ve always felt your shipping and handling charges were robbery and even if you join up they are still higher than the other vendors I deal with. My last order has sat in the post office for three days and when I called they told me that the item was sent parcel select which is a lower shipping level and takes longer to actually be sorted for delivery. Imagine that rates that are twice as high as other companies and a lower priority shipping. You are ripping off customers to pad your profits. I have called in and taken my name off your mailing list. No more Stauer for me!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I called to place an order and talked with Mark. Things went well until Mark tried to upsell me on their Platinum Member Plan. When I declined he got very pushy & would not drop it. I finally told him I just wanted to complete my purchase but he kept pushing. I asked if he understood what ‘no’ meant & he asked if I understood what he had just told me about the benefits of membership. At this point I told Mark to cancel my order and to let me speak to a supervisor. He told me he would get a supervisor & put me on hold. After a very long time I was disconnected. I called back & asked for a supervisor & was told I should call back the next day because no supervisors work in the evenings. I called the next day & again asked for a supervisor. This time I was told that I could not speak directly to a supervisor but that someone would review my previous phone call me back. It has been several days & I have heard nothing. This has been a terrible experience

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I received a catalog from Stauer and it was very easy to purchase from them. I could talk to somebody when I needed to and they were wonderful. I ordered several things and I've done it online then I screwed up so I had to call them. Shipment arrived within the expected amount of time and I like the overall quality of the items.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I loved this ring from the minute I saw it in the brochure. I ordered it right away. I have opals I purchased in Australia and I am completing the set with this gorgeous ring. The colors are like a rainbow and the fire that flashes when you turn your hand are magnificent. Ordering was so easy, plus I got a bonus necklace. The value can't be beat. Another surprise bonus was the Norton Shopping Guarantee. Stauer is the perfect place to shop for jewelry that looks expensive but is affordable.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

My husband ordered a watch which we found unsatisfactory. But that is not the problem. Your merchandise, in general, is not to our liking. In fact I find it gaudy and unattractive. I hate to have you continually sending us brochures which I in turn tear up and recycle. We will never purchase anything from you so will you please save yourself some money and take us off your mailing list! PLEASE! You are wasting your time and ours and the resources.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I have a Stauer "Graves" men's wristwatch. I love this watch and everything about it. Its style is unique and it functions well. Its design makes it unlike any other watch I've ever owned. The only problem I had was because of its unusual design. It was impossible to locate a replacement watchband that would fit. When I went to the Stauer website it said that the particular watchband was not available. I was very frustrated until I called Stauer. They do carry the watchband and it is available. If you need a replacement watchband for this watch ignore the website and call them directly at: 888-333-2012, Customer Service. They solved the problem quickly and there's a watchband on its way to me right now. All is forgiven and I'm back in love with Stauer and my beautiful watch.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I was interested in the Stauer Jewelry advertisement I saw on a magazine and I've purchased from them 3 times now. My purchasing experience was good but I have not always been satisfied with what I received. Yet this I have found with other similar jewelry type places too where the jewelry on the picture appears at its very best but the one I receive may have not quite the quality of stone. Still, Stauer was fast and when I wanted to return things, they accepted them back and that was taken care of rather quickly too.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Thank you customer service, shipping and processing, every order I have placed, was handled efficiently, and professionally. My compendium hybrid watch was absolutely great. Thanks for your time and promptness. I will be making many more purchase in the future. It is refreshing to find a company that care about customers.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The Stauer company has proven to be an excellent source for watches and accessories by providing a wide variety of products at very reasonable price points. I have purchased three watches and a watch valet storage case over the past few years and found all of the merchandise to be equal to or better than the description they print in their advertising.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Please remove my name from your computer... I will never order another thing from your company until you ship by weight... 25.00 to ship 1 ring and 1 set earnings. Handling cost I can live with... I don’t know what other customers think??? You have nice products but your shipping cost are off the scale.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My wife bought me a Stauer Versailles Watch as a Christmas gift in November, 2017. After receiving it at Christmas and starting to use it, I had some problems with its performance. I called Stauer and learned that they only honored a 30 day warranty, even though their paperwork states their "fine timepiece if covered under at "two" year limited manufacturer's warranty". This is extremely limited in my opinion. With the watch not performing up to standard, I continued to use it. Recently I hit the watch against a hard surface and cracked the crystal. This morning I called Stauer to make arrangements to have the crystal replaced.

The customer service representative informed me that they did not perform watch repair. I told her that the damage was my fault and I was willing to pay for the repair or purchase a new crystal and have a local watch repair install it. She said Stauer did no watch repairs and sold no parts. This is very poor customer service and I will not do business with Stauer in the future. I purchased Stauer jewelry items for my wife. The finishes on them wear off very quickly. I would recommend you not do any business with this company. They sell inferior products and offer poor after sale services.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Back on Jan 26th 2014 I bought a Stauer TAC-7 watch from your company as a replacement for the Rolex Explorer II I had been wearing for the previous 30 years. It's now Oct 2018 and I still wear the Stauer TAC-7 as it is both GREAT looking and well made and for that I cannot say thank you enough. With this in mind I ordered a jewelry Item for my wife this past weekend and look forward to seeing her wear it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was reading a magazine and I saw a watch that attracted my attention. I stopped to purchase from Stauer Jewelry and I’ve been a member since 2007. Purchasing from them is easy, and I’m very satisfied with the service. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Stauer Jewelry's prices looked good and I bought some stuff from them. The quality of the items that I got is mostly good and some of the items were fine, but some of the jewelry has turned out to be miniature and unbelievably small. They gotta put the size of the stuff or put something beside it so we can get a feel of the size. I bought a turquoise Catholic cross for 75 bucks and it turned out to be miniature compared to what was on the catalog picture. When I bought a couple of necklace and earring things for my wife, she laughed and asked if those were for a doll or for people.

I rarely return stuff that I bought, but I have some things that I got from them that I should have returned. I paid $70 for a pocket knife and it was a piece of junk. It was supposed to be a one-hand operation, but I can't open it with one hand. The beautiful layered metal that was shown in the catalog picture was also not there and it was dull. I collect those knives and that was the worst one I've ever had.

I ordered a coral necklace and earrings matching set that cost $400. I had a discount which made the price $320, but when I got my order I didn't get that price. When I called Stauer about why I didn't get the discounted price, the girl rep was really nasty to me. She kept demanding to talk to my wife, but that jewelry set was supposed to be a surprise for my wife. I finally talked to a supervisor and he got the matter squared away. They gave me the right price, but that was such a bitter experience that I cut way back on my purchases from them, and I don't know if I'll buy any more from them or not. I would not recommend Stauer Jewelry.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I went with Stauer Jewelry due to the quality of their items. I've been shopping with them for several years and I've stuck with them. I bought watches to give as a gift and the quality of the items that I got is very good. I also bought mostly jewelry for myself and I like very much the items that I received. I ordered all my purchases online and that was very easy to do. By all means, people should use Stauer Jewelry.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My elderly father has been shopping with you for years. He is very generous and buys us what he feels is quality and beautiful pieces. How he describes each piece is almost word for word from the catalog. What we receive is very ordinary cheaply made costume jewelry. What bothers me the most is the constant phone calls from Stauer with CSRs that act very familiar to this elderly man. They "worry" about him and are there for him. I know this is true because he takes his calls on speaker phone. These reps are usually very concerned and sweet sounding women. I feel your company is behaving in a predatory manner. Preying on an elderly old man. I told the rep today, not to call my father unless he initiates an order or customer service request.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I am a horrible shopper. I admit it. But I keep trying. In May I ordered a necklace for my wife’s birthday in August, and she hated it. She also questioned my getting suckered into buying a membership. We contacted your customer service department to discuss the possibility of an exchange, given more than 30 days had passed. We were told to fill out the return/exchange form and send back the necklace, and we did. We received a refund and called regarding the exchange, and were told it would be processed. A few days later, we got a call and your representative said there were no exchanges after 30 days. Thanks for nothing, literally. GET YOUR STORIES STRAIGHT! Would have left zero stars if that was an option.

Stauer Jewelry expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Stauer Jewelry is a company that sells a range of accessories and luxury items to customers online, and they are known for selling jewelry and accessories at affordable prices. The company is headquartered in Burnsville, Minnesota, and it offers a range of products, including traditional jewelry and watches for women, as well as a slew of accessories geared toward men.

• Watch selection: In addition to selling traditional jewelry pieces, Stauer Jewelry has a large selection of watches for customers to choose from.

• Value options: The company offers upscale jewelry, but it also has a selection of fine jewelry pieces under 100 dollars for both men and women, making it a good choice for customers on a budget.

• Unique items: Stauer Jewelry stands out because it not only has jewelry in traditional gems and metals, like silver and gold, but it also features unique jewelry options, such as pieces made of Murano glass.

• No questions asked: Every product purchased from Stauer Jewelry comes with a 30-day, money-back guarantee so customers can return products without any questions asked.

• Platinum membership plan: Stauer offers customers a platinum membership plan. For an annual membership fee, they get 10 percent off every order and 100 dollars in discounts.

• Best for: Customers looking to buy a luxury gift and religious consumers celebrating milestones.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs