4.15/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Stauer Jewelry provides an extraordinary selection of jewelry, watches and other luxury items. We travel directly to the source to find the most exquisite and rare pieces. Our efforts allow us to offer these unique items at the best prices. Let us be your personal shoppers for smart luxuries at surprising prices.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 7, 2017

525 Stauer Jewelry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Have purchased several items over the years and as a rule have been pleased with the quality and value of the items. My wife just informed me that the Sterling Silver Chain that they sent last year with the Emerald necklace and earring set was not what was described in the ad. Was not a rope design, has only been worn a half dozen times and turned completely black! Told me not to order anymore.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I find Stauer products to be of good to excellent quality. I especially love their DiamondAura jewellery - the stones sparkle just like real diamonds at a fraction of the cost. The website is easy to navigate. I received an email stating that I had an outstanding credit, which had slipped my mind, so appreciated the reminder and used this credit on my last order. The item I ordered was also on sale, so I feel I got a real bargain and am looking forward to receiving my silver bracelet. Thank you, Stauer for the free Norton guarantee - it gives one confidence in your company and products.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I love all of the Stauer jewelry and watches. I am a flight attendant and I wore the blue muse watch to work and I always get a lot of compliments on that watch. A passenger asked me about the watch and I told him the name of your company and I gave him the site. He said his wife would love that watch. And I told him that she will probably love all of the jewelry and watches at Stauer. He thought I had gotten the watch somewhere in Europe. What a wonderful compliment. I buy from your company all of the time. I love your products.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I don't know if Stauer is a thief or just bad customer service. I have order many items from Stauer and have been very satisfied with their merchandise. I ordered a necklace through Eliana **, and on same call we decided the price would be cheaper if ordered a different way so she cancelled the first order and reordered. Received a double shipment and tried several times to make stauer understand but they still charged me shipping on my return for their mistake ($27.95). Notified Citicard and they refunded the disputed amount. Can’t stauer do better than this???

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Stauer is a reputable company that sells quality jewelry. To assist their customers they assign individual representatives to help the customer understand what they are buying. For me this is helpful because I do not own very many pieces of high-quality jewelry. These people attend training classes and know their merchandise. I have been working with Mady ** for 2 1/2 years. He is an unbelievably helpful person. I have unique tastes. Also unfortunately I have a number of constraints that I am required to work within. Mady is very helpful and is full of good ideas.

The good thing about working with the same person over time is that he understands what I like, and how much I can spend and is not constantly pushing. Last year he helped me select four beautiful Christmas presents at a very reasonable cost. He suggested putting together a set. Otherwise I would not have been able to afford them on my budget, but this way, my three daughters and I were able to celebrate together with gorgeous jewelry. This year my husband and I are planning a very special trip to Europe. My most recent purchase is part of a one-year plan to acquire tasteful, appropriate jewelry that will be lovely to wear on my "second honeymoon" as well as special occasions for many years to come.

So currently I will choose a statement piece that I love. And working with Mady using both the regular and concierge catalogs I can choose pieces that complement it with similar design styles and materials. This way the necklace, earrings will enhance each other and may even hint of another culture. By doing this over time, in a planned way, I am still staying within my budget - except for one set that I just fell in love with. And for that one, I am paying with payments over time. It's a win-win. I'm thrilled with the beautiful jewelry. But Stauer is making out very well also, because I am buying more than I otherwise would and when I decide it's time to shop I simply dial the number where I will get what I want at a price I can afford.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I was looking through my Birds and Blooms magazine and noticed the ad for the jade and opal necklace and thought it would be a great birthday present for my aunt. The representative was very nice and explained the offer to me and when she asked if I would like the bracelet and earrings to match I said no. Then she made me a better deal on the necklace and I purchased $200 worth of coupons to use toward future purchases and some other pluses so I went for it. I always have someone who needs a birthday gift or Christmas present.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I purchased a watch and within two years it does not work. I will never purchase another watch from this company. A ten dollar Walmart watch is cheaper and will probably last longer. The customer service folks were kind and tried to assist... "company policy." If this is an example of quality from your company y'all can keep the jewelry as well.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I just bought a sterling silver Byzantine necklace with 18K gold overlay for $99. I was also talked into purchasing a premium membership for $49 with the promise of 4 redeemable $50 coupons at any time. I received a much smaller looking necklace that weighs and feels like plastic. It looks like plastic and is something I would never wear. I received the coupon membership just prior to receiving the necklace. When I saw that the coupons were time sensitive I immediately cancelled my membership. I am now returning the necklace. I will keep you up to date on whether I get good customer service or not. I doubt very much that the necklace has any silver in it at all. I got better jewelry in Mexico on the street corner.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I recently purchased a Watch from Stauer. Once I received it I discovered that I was having difficulty with it staying on Pacific time. It is a titanium style. After following my directions several times I was unable to get the Watch to stay on correct Pacific time. I sent it in for service with very little information to go on and within 10 to 12 days it was return back to me working perfectly with no questions, no hick ups, no problems. Sometimes you send something to a company and you may not see it for seven months. This is returned promptly and in perfect working order. The customer service goes a long way. I will continue to patronize Stauer for many years to come and would recommend them to most anybody who would ask.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

My husband joined the preferred shopper group and received coupons. He had already purchased a lot of jewelry from them. The findings (spacer beads) tarnish at different rates. The knotted string necklaces break. The clasps tarnish. I learned to string my own jewelry largely because I had all this nice jewelry that was looking pretty shabby. I love the styles and the service is good, but a year or two later the jewelry is broken or unwearable due to tarnish. Aquamarine set - string broke twice. Will cut it apart and restring it this weekend. Clasps badly tarnished. White turquoise - spacers tarnished unevenly. Tigers eye set - tarnish.

925 silver pendants and earrings have lasted well. I love the styles. But jewelry billed as $100 or much more should last more than 6 months to 2 years. I can give identifying info if you contact me on Facebook. My point is that the jewelry doesn't last. I don't have order numbers (maybe in the attic). Orders were made by phone. Images below show differences in tarnish in the aquamarine set and show the tarnish that is typical in another set that is still wearable. I have restrung the others.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I found this website by seeing it advertised in a magazine. I had placed 4 orders in one month! The jewelry is beautiful. The website to order is easy and simple.. I love the really nice boxes they come in. I feel like a kid in a candy store. I'll keep ordering in the future.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I bought a Stauer MAGNIFICAT II TIMEPIECE (Order # **). When it arrived, it looked nice. However problems began almost immediately. First the leather started peeling off the band where the buckle hand comes through the band hole. That should not happen with decent quality leather. Next the gold metal finish started to tarnish significantly. You can see a dramatic difference between the bright gold color of the buckle and the tarnished gold of the watch itself. I tried cleaning and polishing with a high grade polishing cloth that I use on my higher end watches, but that had no impact.

I asked if there was some product I could use to remove the tarnish and prevent it from recurring without harming the gold surface. Your customer service people responded that you don’t repair your watches but I could send back for an exchange for a fee. At the same time, I began to notice the gold layer on top was either wearing or so thin that I began to see the silver colored base metal underneath at many places. Again, I can’t imagine that happening with any kind of quality finishing process.

I finally decided that I am sending this watch back to you. I do not want a replacement. While the band issue is disappointing, the deteriorating finish is the bigger issue. After my last exchange with your customer service, I put this watch in my watch box alongside my high quality timepieces and did not wear it for months. While the higher end watches remained beautiful to look at and wear, the finish on your watch continued to deteriorate while stored in the watch box with them. Hopefully, my returning the watch will give you the opportunity to improve your process. As this watch is right now, it is no better than a $10 knock off I can buy on any street corner in NYC.

I will put it in the mail in the next week or so, you may do with it what you want, I don't want it back and I won't pay to have it replaced as I have no confidence a replacement will be any better. I realize the price of this watch was very inexpensive, but I must tell you I am very disappointed in how it has performed. It is a beautiful looking watch right out of the box, but I can't wear it anymore due to the leather issues, tarnish and finish issues, it just looks cheap now.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

First I sent a email and it never seemed to go through. My husband's watch that I got a couple of weeks ago is really nice and he was so excited and surprised. It is losing about 5 minutes every 2 days. He really likes his time to be correct. Also the stem is very hard to pull out and is afraid it will break. I hope we can do something about these problems. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

My experience has been excellent. Both the jewelry, your interest the consumer, and excited each time I receive a new catalog. Keep up the excellent work, the craftsmanship, and everything is top of line for which I am very appreciative! I thank you!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I have been a platinum member of Stauer for the past 3 years. I continue and renew my membership because I have had nothing but good things to tell people and am impressed with the quality and selection of what Stauer has to offer! Recently, I purchased a necklace and matching bracelet that I have had my eyes on for some time now. I have not yet received it as I just ordered it yesterday. But am very excited about receiving it. It is sterling silver and a cheaper version of the gold set. Byzantine is what it's called. I would and have referred friends to this company and I will continue to do my jewelry shopping with them! I recommend Stauer to anyone who wants good quality and good prices for their jewelry pieces! I am excited and waiting by my mailbox for my goodies!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I had ordered my husband a watch. He loved it. Yesterday I ordered a solid sterling silver bracelet omg it's amazing. I've been to other jewelry sites they are nowhere near the quality and price of the other places. I will be ordering from them again. I've told all my friends and family and they have ordered from them as well. KUDOS to their company.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

My experiences, of which I have had many over the past 10 years, have been excellent. The products are unique, and different, and nice. Great customer service, always. I recommend this company very highly.

No response received
Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Watch looks good, I have worn it about 6 or 7 times in one day. Checking with my cell phone and resetting it 4 times in one day to the right time. Does not keep accurate time. Cell phone is always with me, but I love wearing a watch but having to check it against my cell phone. Not Good.

Original review: July 29, 2017

When I tried to order the Chrysocolla pendant which was advertised as free, and customer pays shipping only: I typed in the Code and the price showed as $39 + Shipping for a total of over $50. Misleading advertising as far as I'm concerned. I do not want to do business with deceivers.

Original review: July 21, 2017

For the past two years I have purchased three different wrist watches from Stauer and have been very please with their products. My latest purchase was a Stauer Versailles wrist watch which is excellent looking and runs like a Rolex. I have already received quite a few of the first two Stauer watches and I know I will with this third watch. I am very happy with their products and service.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I have ordered many items from Stauer for my wife and I. I have never been disappointed with anything I've purchased. Their prices are great and the quality is excellent. I introduced Stauer to my son and he too has had a great experience.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Received watch but it did not keep correct time. Returned watch & called customer service and talked to, Rene, who is the best customer service person have talked to in a long time! She got right onto this & my brother had a great birthday and loved his watch. A big THANK YOU to Rene for doing this to make his #76 the best ever. Have been Stauer's customers for several years and have enjoyed all we have bought!!!

Original review: July 2, 2017

My recent experience with Stauer was wonderful. I spoke with Claude in management. I wanted to exchange a bracelet that I had received a duplicate of for a pair of earrings. Everything went smoothly and in three days I had the earrings in my possession. Thanks again!!

No response received
Original review: June 22, 2017

Last night I bought a necklace from Stauer.com. Its price was written $49 and shipment will $12 but after all transactions done I saw they took $78.95 from my card. They charged $59 instead of $49 and $19.95 instead of $12. Right after that I tried to cancel the order over email but they replied me for call 1888-333-2012. After 7 attempts I able to reach them. I talked with their representative Joel. He is telling me the item already shipped. They will not fix the price and also they will charge the shipping fees if I return it. Guys I just caught with the scam website Stauer.com but don't want to see anybody get in trouble like me.

Stauer Jewelry response

Dear Gilbert,

We apologize for your experience with our online system. We would be more than happy to assistance you with a return for exchange or full refund.Since the order has been shipped you will need to use the return/exchange form from the backside of your invoice for your return/exchange instructions. There should also be a pre-paid USPS shipping label attached to the front of your invoice for you to use as postage to return the defective item. Please keep in mind returns and exchanges using our Return Label can take up to 2-3 weeks for our Returns Department to receive the returned package. You are more than welcome to return the product at your own cost, this will ensure the product arrives sooner than our pre-paid return label. As a courtesy we will waive the return label fee and will issue a full refund. Please note the estimated time frame to complete the refund/exchange order is about 3-4 weeks.

Addy Donkhong

Customer Relations Administrator

Original review: June 21, 2017

I had purchased the Holy Land ring and necklace set for my wife earlier in the year, but we had ordered the ring much too large, and I took it to a local "jeweler" for resizing. After sitting for two weeks with no word, not even an estimate of cost (as they promised), I called to find out what the problem was. They informed that they had sent the ring "out" for the work to be done, and that it would cost $50.00. I was incensed at the whole thing and told them I would come get the ring to take elsewhere. In the meantime, I called Stauer customer service to see if THEY had any ideas. Whoever I spoke with on this date, (6/20/17), was a great help in solving my problem with the "Holy Land ring" that was too large.

They were willing to exchange the ring for one of the proper size, and would pay postage both ways. I received a shipping label as promised, and called the merchant whom I had left the ring with for resizing. They informed me that they had sent the ring out to a "jeweler", and have recalled the ring. I can pick it up next week, at which time I will mail it back to Stauer. Stauer customer service has gone out of their way to keep me a HAPPY customer, and these are folks I will not hesitate to recommend wholeheartedly for quality of merchandise, and most friendly and accommodating customer service.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: June 18, 2017

My copy clearly shows I was charged $129 for a watch, was given a $52.90 discount, charged $19.95 for shipping, for a grand total of $96.05. The receipt in the package shows I was charged $89 for the watch, $19.95 for shipping, for a total of $108.95. You over-charged me $12.90! Actually, my membership price should have been $116.10, not $129. Instead of reducing my original price for the watch to the membership price of $116.10 (a difference of $12.90), you ADDED an additional $12.90. I'm very suspicious of websites that do not automatically offer you the option of printing off the receipt & that won't email a receipt, either. There's something wrong with that! Unfortunately, I purchased a membership for Stauer, but I'm sorry now. I won't be doing that again. Some of your prices are appealing & your jewelry is attractive, but not enough to allow you to pencil whip me.

Original review: June 14, 2017

This company has class! I didn't have any problems with them. But I ordered a product that was backordered and I had many questions. The customer service representative was more than helpful. She went above and beyond the call of duty to find information for me. It was her willingness to help and her kindness and understanding that really made the company stand out to me. There are many perks to doing business with this company with many $50 discounts without minimums. They are a very generous company.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Buying from Stauer is always a great experience whether online or on the phone. I know I will receive quality products when I order from Stauer. My sunglasses and binoculars have perfect clarity. My wife's jewelry is beautiful, and I am proud of my watches. Customer service is very friendly and helpful. Their specials are unbeatable and they do a lot of specials. I always enjoy looking through the latest catalog when it arrives in the mail.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Bought an atomic watch from Stauer over 5 years ago and had an issue. They did not have to do anything as I was out of warranty, but they went above and beyond to help me out. I had the same issue with a watch I bought from Skagen, they did nothing. Fantastic service Stauer!!!

Insufficient response received
Original review: June 11, 2017

National Geographic has the Stauer Jewelry ad from time to time with pretty much some very nice higher quality jewelry being advertised on full-page ads. The jewelry really connects with me. I like emeralds, rubies and strong color. My first order had to do with an emerald ring and it’s very large. I’m a very active person and I only wear it when I know I’m not going to be out and about with my horses. I wear it for special occasions and I really do like it. I would have liked to be able to buy half-sizes. I know they only come in whole sizes and the large ring, being a little loose, would often get in trouble.

Then, when I ordered that, they got my email address and I saw an ad for a 3 for $100. That’s when I got into the premium program where I get $50 coupons that have to be used within a period of time. A man took my order through the 3 for $100 and I got transferred to a lady who called me a lot. Somehow, I lost touch with her and I now talk to another lady for a time.

I have purchased online using my debit card and it was pretty good navigating their website. There were no problems. The issue I have with the company is the quality of the product itself. The boxes are well constructed and too nice and I almost don’t want to throw them away. But the jewelry itself, not so much. I like gold as a basic color and I don’t like silver. I ordered a gold band with about seven small stones. it was shown as being gold but the gold was gone almost immediately. They told me that for an extra couple of dollars, I could get an insurance policy. I suppose I would have returned this if I had had that because it’s not gold, it’s silver. In the 3 for $100, I also ordered a couple watches and gave one to each of my daughters-in-law and the younger daughter-in-law showed me where the gold is coming off on her watch as well.

Also, when their prices are listed, they’re always on sale and they quote astronomical prices that these products are supposed to go for which is ridiculous. I would like to buy one of their nice leather purses that they advertise but I know I can buy another at a discount store like T.J. Maxx for a lot less and still get some nice quality. Since I’m a little concerned with the quality, I probably won’t buy anything else. I’m pretty dissatisfied and I wouldn’t recommend it to a friend. My money could have been spent much better elsewhere.

Stauer Jewelry Company Information