toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I especially like Stauer's necklaces but some of the styles and colors of their jewelry matched the clothes that I wear. What I would have really liked would have been the earrings that aren’t the wire pieces, but I haven’t found too many of those. So mostly what I've ordered were necklaces. A couple of times, I purchased online. And then later I got a call from a guy who is at Stauer and so now when I want to place an order, I call and deal directly with him. He’s easy to work with and very thoughtful and helpful. I still get the catalogs, though. I go through them and decide if I am going to order something. So far, it’s been good. I’m very satisfied with the pieces that I have ordered and being able to deal directly with the guy because sometimes when I call and talk to him about a certain thing, he’d also tell me about something else that they’re getting ready to do a special on in case I might be interested. But there’s never any pressure.

I placed two order with Stauer in early November, one was lost, and the other was mis-charged. When I called customer service to find the status on the 191 order, I was told it was never placed, that I was imagining things, and, when I asked to speak with a supervisor, the guy hung up on me. I am returning the mis-charged order, and I will not place any further orders with Stauer again. I am a very unhappy customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There were a couple of items that I wanted to have. I weigh for a couple and joined the club for a year. When I joined the club, Stauer Jewelry gave me some discount coupons for future purchases which I liked, and my wife found several things in there that she wanted to order; it's a purchase for me. This particular item didn't come up to my standard. I felt the bezel itself looked cheap, and the coin itself was not in a good shape which I didn't expect it would be. I expect it to be just a little bit better than it was. The half-dollar wasn't detailed enough for my liking, and so, I use the shipping label, returned the item and I will reorder from them, because there's several other items I want. It's the first purchase I made and I was happy that Stauer Jewelry included a return label. Furthermore, purchasing was easy. I talked to the guy that signed me up, explained the process to me, was knowledgeable and helpful.

Thank you for such great customer service! I damaged my rings myself, but you sent replacements which I have now received and they are absolutely beautiful! Also, thank you for sending the snowflake pendant... it is gorgeous too! Customer Service does not get any better than this!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've got a beautiful knife from Stauer Jewelry that I wanted. The lady I talked to was very knowledgeable, kind, and enjoyable to talk to. They had a watch that I like and the price is right so then I ordered it. All in all, I've bought three more watches from them. There were no problems purchasing from them. It was easy and everybody knew what they were talking about.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stauer Jewelry was offering a necklace for free. I called up and the customer service person was very affable, persuasive, and accommodating. I purchased that necklace and earrings that were offered. And with the package it turned out that I paid the same amount, but was able to become a member and also get some coupons on future purchases. My experience was pleasant and profitable for both.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw an ad from Stauer's in a magazine that I have a subscription to and it talked about pearls that they’ve had a glut of because somebody had to sell them quickly. So, they were literally giving them away. That was a very nice way for me to start out my relationship with them. I called the number and spoke to a very nice young man. We had a good chat on the phone and he said that they were gonna send catalogs which they have. Their catalog looks great and there are some things in there I can hardly wait to get my hands on some money to get for my wife. Also, the sales rep that handled the order for me did a very nice job and was very pleasant and informative. I got the pearls in the mail today which my wife is wearing while she cleans the house. Stauer comes across as a class operation. They know what they're doing and they answer questions about what people are interested in. It's all very positive.

My watch quit working today. I have had it for about 6 months and today it quit working. What can I do about it? Otherwise I have had no problems with all my other purchases. I love all the other items I have purchased.

I have been a Stauer customer for a number of years. They have always provided high quality products, great prices and incentives, and absolutely outstanding customer service. I am especially fond of their watches - they are quite attractive and have proven to be very accurate and durable. I have recommended Stauer to friends and family members, and they are now regular customers. Thank you, Stauer, for your value and attention to customer needs.

I love all my jewelry because it looks so real. My rings are just beautiful and have received many compliments. They have the best selection I have ever seen. It is made of very good quality, I wear it everywhere.

Volante Noire Watch: The Crystal is broken and Customer Service indicates they don't repair their own watches nor have parts for them! Local watch repair can't find parts for this watch? I've tried to Google to locate the Crystal but have not been successful. They no longer show this particular watch in their current catalog.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a watch from Stauer Jewelry a couple of years ago. I've got another one for somebody else as well and I'm still waiting for it now. I've done my purchase by telephone both times and the process was fairly easy. Both times the sales reps were very good but the last one I talked to was professional, very friendly and wasn't pushy. He seemed to know exactly what he was talking about.

They make it as hard as possible to unsubscribe. Their email is a fraud and you can only call certain times if anybody answers then. I know of no other company that does this. Therefore, this tells me this company is a fraud and I would never buy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stauer had this offer for the ring that I ordered and they got the free earrings with it. It looked absolutely gorgeous and then I called to order it. The girl that I talked to told me about the program that they had and did I want to join. She gave me some information, and I said, "Well, okay. That would be fine. Go ahead." I just want to give the ring to my daughter anyway. And so, I ordered the size 8 and she said, "We'll also send you four $50 gift certificates that you can use to purchase more merchandise.” I said, "Okay."

The rep seemed very eager to sell something which is her job and she seemed to know what she was talking about. So, as I was talking to her, I found no reason not to do what she was asking and telling me about. It sounded like a pretty a good deal to me. However when it arrived I had a size 6 ring. No gift certificates and there was no 20% discount. On the package it does say size 8 but regardless of the size, I would not have kept the ring. It did not live up to the picture at all. The picture was so much better than the ring actually looked. So, I decided I didn't wanna participate in the program. I'm very dissatisfied.

The ring is gorgeous--ordered it in 7 1/2---to make sure it fit. Received ring---way too big. Called my "specialist" to return ring for a 7 1/4. She never returned call. Call their special number for help and the young man was downright snotty. Told me they only make rings in full sizes so the ring I received could possibly be a size 8--and I asked to speak to my "specialist" and he informed me he couldn't do this. Called the "specialist" again and she never returned that call or the other calls. I go to jeweler to have ring evaluated and if it is truly a good purchase I will have it sized by a real jeweler in a real jewelry store that I can trust.

My husband saw the design and wanted watch. We ordered and were very pleased. After a few weeks wear the strap holding the band when closing watch broke. We returned the first time. After that the watch night light failed to work. Then we returned again. Once again we thought we were home safe and then the closure fell off. My husband likes watch but was hoping that it would be more durable. We appreciate the repairs with our membership but are greatly disappointed in the quality of the product. Requesting a comparable replacement that is more durable rather than the same watch that has had to be repaired 3 times so far.

Over the years I purchased many items and was completely satisfied. When I broke the crystal on one of my numerous watches, I called Stauer to have it repaired and they told me it was out of warranty. I just wanted a new crystal but they would not do it. So, I have severed all ties with the company. It's too bad because I did like their products.

September 30, I ordered the Isle Emerald ring and the Helenite pendant. I spoke with a very nice and knowledgeable young man named Kevin **. He was polite and had a good understanding of public relations. As of today, October 13, I have not yet received either of these items. Hopefully, I will soon.

I must say that this is one item I was not totally pleased with. The stone is a lot smaller than I thought. It is not what I pictured from the catalog. But it was a very good price and my wife needed the silver chain, so all is well. I will still order from Stauer in the future.

Return of handbag that was purchased for Christmas of 2015. Buyer had a nasty fall immediately after Christmas that sent me to the hospital. This was followed by a pulmonary embolism. A broken bone in my back and a cracked tailbone, along with a blood condition has kept sending the purse back not at the top of my list. To date my wife and I have had 85 medical related appointments since January 1 of 2015 plus 5 hospital stays. I really appreciate the opportunity to return the handbag for credit to my premium account after all this time has gone by. We have continued to purchase items in the meantime.

I am absolutely pleased with the customer service I received. This was a replacement for a previous purchase. I emailed Stauer Customer Service, received an immediate response with instructions on how to return the merchandise and I have already received the replacement.

When ordering the ring I asked to have the ring sent to a different address that the one listed. I gave the CSR the new address and told them this would be a one-time delivery to this address. I was assured by the CSR that the item would be delivered to the address. When the order was sent, it was not sent to the new address that I gave them instead it was sent to the old address that I told them not to send it to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's been good with Stauer Jewelry. I liked some of the things that they have available. Moreover, the price and value seemed to be a good deal. In addition, they're real easy to deal with. The sales reps have been very positive. They help me find what I want.

I have over the years ordered and they are all so well made and beautiful. I am 80 years old and I still get them out and look at them all the time. The rings are beautiful. I wish I could order more. Thank you very much.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've bought several things from Stauer in the past few months, and I'm really happy with them. I had seen their ads in a variety of publications, so I went to their website when I was looking for something. I had looked for some stuff on Amazon, but Stauer's catalog is nice. It's curated, and I found something good at a good price, so I went with it. The purchase wasn't easy, though, because every few days, I get a new thing with different discounts and then a flyer with a different discount code. It makes me wonder if I'm ordering it the right way to get the best deal. It's confusing. On the other hand, I got on their Frequent Buyers Club and had a human being to talk to when I would do my orders. They would make sure that I got the best deal using the right coupons and so forth, and that was good.

Consumer Increased Rating!

The Magnificat II watch I purchased is beautiful. However, it was much larger and heavier than I expected. The price for the watch was excellent, however, I was dismayed to discover that their policy to return an item for a refund required: The buyer to pay for the Initial Shipping and Handling ($19.95); The buyer to pay an additional $8.00 fee. Also, of note: my return was received by Stauer on 9/12 (verified via Fed Ex) - my refund was not processed until 9/23/16. When a customer is out-of-pocket $27.95 to return an item for refund, I would have anticipated that the company would expedite a refund - 11 days to process a refund is not expeditious or customer-friendly in my experience. I'll choose to deal with other vendors who have a more friendly and cost-conscious return policy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had observed Stauer Jewelry before because they advertise all the time in Discover magazine. I like their watches for men and they had a free offer going on at that time so I purchased from them. My purchasing experience was fine and I’d recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Most of my watches are from Stauer. They're pretty good. I like their weird watches. Most of my watches are Stauer but when I started buying Stauer, it wasn't too far after. They have some nice watches that you don't see normal people wear, like the Dashtronic, the Verite, and the one I just bought. But I'm on a fixed income, so I can only buy certain things at a time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We once got a very expensive box bracelet from Stauer. Around every three inches, there was a jab coming out of it that was a quarter inch long, and it was annoying to wear. I even took it to a couple of jewelers and they measured it. It's not a constant size and they said that it was terrible. I wish I would have gotten something that I thought was a professional piece of jewelry. When something like that happens, I lose a lot of faith. I brag to people and they say it looks like a good deal, but if that's gonna happen, I don't want to do it. I live in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. To send something back, every time I gotta deal with the border, I gotta deal with shipping which is not an easy thing to do. I contacted them but they said they got a routine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a thing about watches and Stauer Jewelry had some pretty good ones. They were relatively good priced too so I thought I’d try it out and see. The purchasing experience was great and the people I spoke to are relatively nice. They had one gentleman that was very articulate in the way he talked and he was pleasant to talk to. He didn’t sound like he was reading it off a piece of cereal box or something. Everything’s been good so far and the product that I've gotten hasn’t fallen apart on me yet.

Stauer Jewelry Company Profile