toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I especially like Stauer's necklaces but some of the styles and colors of their jewelry matched the clothes that I wear. What I would have really liked would have been the earrings that aren’t the wire pieces, but I haven’t found too many of those. So mostly what I've ordered were necklaces. A couple of times, I purchased online. And then later I got a call from a guy who is at Stauer and so now when I want to place an order, I call and deal directly with him. He’s easy to work with and very thoughtful and helpful. I still get the catalogs, though. I go through them and decide if I am going to order something. So far, it’s been good. I’m very satisfied with the pieces that I have ordered and being able to deal directly with the guy because sometimes when I call and talk to him about a certain thing, he’d also tell me about something else that they’re getting ready to do a special on in case I might be interested. But there’s never any pressure.

I call to order. The shipping charges were more than I have ever been charged. When I asked why my answer was ("You don't have to order"). This was not a professional explanation of a reasonable question. Is this the way you treat a new customer??? Wanted to get nice sunglasses for my husband. He has cancer. A Father's day gift. So disappointed with this company or maybe it was the person I talk to. They need to learn how to talk to customers. Unhappy maybe customer.

As with other some other watch companies offering watch cases that are so large they would take up your whole wrist, Stauer has a different approach. I find that most men's Stauer timepieces have such small diameter cases that they should rather be considered to be a woman's watch. I for one am a senior citizen and my eyesight is not the best. I purchased a few watches and sent them back only to be disappointed with the fact that I'd need a magnifying glass to read the date or day of week! I think Stauer should take this into consideration and offer watches with cases in the 45 to 48 mm range and not the usual 38 to 41 range most of them come in.

Also I am not pleased that the watches I have purchased in the past from them said China Movement on them. This makes me wonder about the true quality of some of their watches? Don't most of the best watches built say "Japan OR Swiss Movement" on them? I will say one thing good about their timepieces is that they have some really great looks and fashionable designs. It's just a shame that the cases (in my situation) are so small. So heads up Stauer, I have heard many others complain about this same problem. Why not fix it and perhaps your sales would go up and make some of us watch lovers VERY happy.

I have been very glad for most of the things that I have received from Stauer. I got the whole nine yards of all of the tanzanite jewelry and I love it. I also got the dragonfly earrings and pendant, and I like that too. The only problem I had was I had to send back the emerald and opal necklace. The picture said one thing and what I got was a completely different thing. The color of the “emerald” was so dark that it looked like it was dark jade. It was very strange looking. It was from the regular catalog and not from the concierge catalog but I didn't reorder it after that.

Other than that, the rep was wonderful and I like working with her. She knows what she's doing and she lets me talk to her about other things although sometimes I keep her too long. She got very concerned about the Hannah Flower not having come on time and said that it was already received so I had my husband go and look at our postal box and it wasn't there. He went back to the front door and the package was there but I hadn't seen it. When I opened it up, it was so beautiful so I have wanted a lot.

I like vintage or older watches so I decided to get one from Stauer Jewelry. There's a lot of beautiful watches that I liked from the catalog. I decided to become a platinum member. They have given me discounts and the service is good. They're very helpful, especially Savannah, and now it's Mary. Everybody helps me even though my personal rep is not available. I'm addicted and I don't want to go to the malls anymore. I'm purchasing for gifts for my children, compadres, and friends.

I got watches and jewelries from Stauer and I love my experience. I also like their pricing and features. I purchase through the catalog, online, and over the phone, and all three is pretty simple. I called once because I wasn't able to purchase online and they were very polite and answered all my questions. It's been a wonderful experience and I have recommended them. Keep up the good work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Everyone I have spoken to at Stauer Jewelry has been extremely nice and extremely friendly. They were very informative and my experience has been very good. My husband and I recently ordered a watch for my son for his birthday in August. I really enjoyed dealing with them. My first purchase from them was a watch for myself. Then they kept on sending me catalogs and it's always appetizing. My husband also got me two bracelets. All the products I've received from them are very beautiful and of good quality. Moreover, their delivery is very fast. I received my order in three or four days.

I bought a watch for my husband from Stauer online. They claim to have very high-quality watches at reasonable prices. Instead, I feel like we bought junk. My husband has several watches, from inexpensive to higher-quality, so he does not wear this watch every day, maybe once a month or so. He takes very good care of it and is not involved in any physical activity at work that would damage the watch. It fell apart in two years after light wear. A piece of the band fell completely off near the face of the watch, allowing a pin to also fall out. Seems like a piece of junk. His cheap watches have held up better than this. I would not recommend them if you want quality merchandise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stauer Jewelry sends me a catalog of their products and, in looking at their watches, I consider the size of the watch face because I don't like a big watch. I like a more conventional watch. I call them up and look online, and I check the watch out. Stauer has been pretty decent and they’ve been okay. I send back a watch if I don't like it and they'll send me what I ordered or at least something that looks like what I ordered from the catalog.

However, I got confused because I was supposed to have canceled my Platinum account with Stauer in April 2016. It was an error on my part. I didn't know that my account was from April 2016 to April 2017. I thought that the cutoff date was April 2016 and the cancellation was prior to that date, but it turns out that April this year was actually the cutoff date. So, if I decided to continue my account, that would be $100 and maybe they can put me on a payment plan. But I just went ahead and let my account go, and if I decided to renew it, I will.

When I saw an offer for a 75% discount, I didn't read the fine print like always, and it turns out that I had to renew my account to avail of this discount. I’ve bought several watches from Stauer in the last five months. I sent one watch back last week because the face was too big and, although it looked like the watch was gold in the pictures in the magazine, it was actually rose gold, which I didn't like. I used a coupon in sending the watch back so all they would charge was the shipping.

However, the Stauer rep told me that I can still order watches from them, but since I have canceled my account, some of the tickets and coupons that they have sent to me aren't going to be valid. I told her that I bought several watches with coupons in the past months. I got $50 off on one watch, and I also got $50 off on another. I used a $50 coupon as well to buy the watch that I had sent back recently, but now I'm sure that they're not going to give me credit for it. They'll give me my shipping charges on my credit card but not anything else.

The lady rep explained to me that I had canceled my account in April 2016, and my account was still good from that point forward up to the cutoff date on April 2017, but after this I can't use coupons anymore. The thing that I didn't understand was, if I can't use discount coupons after I canceled my account, why are they sending coupons to me so I can buy watches with coupons? We just went round and round, so I didn't argue with her anymore.

Another issue that I have is with the product quality. You don't get to choose the wristbands that come with the watch that you order, and these wristbands are very cheap. When the bands come, sometimes you get a black band and it's stamped alligator. You’re stretching the band to put the watch on your wrist as many times as you use it, and then the band starts to fray at the edges. So, they're not good bands, and Stauer needs to upgrade their wristbands. Furthermore, some of the watches come apart on the insides. I've taken these watches to a local watch repair shop to be fixed.

I have bought three watches from Stauer, and every one of them lasted about two years, and then quit working. When I contact Stauer, I find that they don't repair their products, but they will give you a fifty dollar credit on another new watch. A Timex is cheaper, does the same job, and last a lot longer!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking into a catalog in the mail and I liked what I saw so I decided to look into jewelry providers. The prices at Stauer Jewelry seemed good so I chose them. The purchasing process was easy and I was able to navigate their website to find what I was looking for. Moreover, I was very impressed with their rep, Theresa, because she doesn't push you to buy things. She would tell you what could be on sale and she is well-versed in what's available. However, once I say "no", that's it. She is a very good representative of the company. I purchased some watches for my grandson and jewelry sets for myself. The quality of the item was excellent. I also liked their personal service with Theresa and the good variety of items they have.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Stauer Jewelry in Smithsonian Magazine a couple of years ago. They were advertising a beautiful watch for $30 and I was curious. I’m a watch kind of guy and I called them just to see if it was legitimate and that’s the first watch I bought from them. Since that time, I’ve bought about nine watches. Their purchasing process is really very easy every time. The only down part is that the things they advertise are sometimes out of stock and I have to wait many weeks for it to finally be delivered. But dealing with their reps was always really good. They’re very pleasant. However, they have a premier membership plan and they always try very hard to get me to join that. I was trying to convince them that I’m not going to do that but they push really hard. Other than that, the service has always been really good. I’ve obviously come back multiple times and I have recommended them to people who are into the watch that I wear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We don't buy a lot of jewelry but we liked the stuff that we saw at Stauer Jewelry. As soon as we made our first purchase, a lady named Carleen was assigned to be our sales rep. Everything since then has been wonderful because we call her up and she expedites everything and gets us the best prices. Also, ordering has been very easy because Carleen does all the leg work. The sales members we've worked with are personable. They're interested in us as people. It's a friendship as much as it is a business relationship. We've purchased a number of items over the last couple of years including rings, earrings and necklaces as personal items and people need to be aware that the items are smaller than they look at the ads.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve been a regular customer of Stauer and have been buying jewelry for myself. I prefer buying on the internet because I don’t go to the store much. I like their price and the convenience in the stuff that I wanted. I bought a couple of marble cars and I also got a couple of watches but I sent them back because I didn’t like them and the return process is very easy. Stauer is a good company and it’s been around a long time. I’m satisfied with them.

I have dealt with Stauer on several occasions. Their products, service and customer service have always been outstanding. I would recommend them to anyone anytime. The shipping time is always prompt, the products are high quality, the folks you deal with on the phone are always courteous, friendly and professional. A First Class Company.

I purchased a watch, described as a timepiece, which was a beautiful representation of a classic piece from the 20s/30s. It ran "OK" for four months, then bellied up. It was a huge hassle sending back to Stauer, so I brought it to a local watch repair/jewelry shop. It was determined to be totally worthless, not worth it repair charges. This is truly unfortunate because it was a beautiful piece. Sorry to say, I won't be purchasing from Stauer again. Basically, it's too good to be true, save your time and effort.

I have found out my rings are fake that I bought through Stauer. They're only worth two dollars and I paid like 200 dollars between both rings. I wish I could have my money back. It's been like 7 years ago one ring and the other ring is three years ago. Don't buy. Warning they're a scam.

I had picked a Stauer watch out of a magazine and my wife purchased it as a gift. I was very pleased with the watch and all the features it had. I have to admit I work a physical job and put the watch through some hard days. It was not a very expensive watch but after six months one of the pins fell off that would set some of the digital features on the watch. Not expecting much I sent Stauer an email and explained the issue. They sent me a return label and wanted me to mail it back. I was very surprised, I sent back the watch with the hope it could be repaired. They sent me a brand new watch! This has never happened to me. I was shocked that a company would do this for a customer. I thanked them and told them they had made me a customer for life. I can not say enough about this company and I will be ordering from Stauer often and with complete confidence!

Resolution In Progress

Dear Martha,

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with your purchase. We would be more than happy to assist you with an exchange or return. Please use the return/exchange form from the backside of your invoice for your return/exchange instructions. There should also be a pre-paid USPS shipping label attached to the front of your invoice for you to use as postage to return the defective item. Please keep in mind returns and exchanges using our Return Label can take up to 2-3 weeks for our Returns Department to receive the returned package. You are more than welcome to return the product at your own cost, this will ensure the product arrives sooner than our pre-paid return label. Please note the shipping and handling fee will not be refunded and $8 fee for use of the return label will be deducted from your refund if the item returned is not defective. The estimated time frame to complete the refund/exchange order is about 3-4 weeks. Thank you for allowing Stauer the allotted time frame to process your return/exchange order.

Addy Donkhong

Customer Relations Administrator

Original review: April 13, 2017

I've purchased seven items including necklaces, rings and earrings from Stauer Jewelry but I'm not really satisfied with the last few ones that I ordered. First is that there was a little crack on my necklace and it looked like it had been glued back. Then, when I see something in the book that I like, I order it but it comes back with a different color. I ordered that twice because I thought I had made a mistake only to find out that what was in the book and what I ordered was the same thing but it didn't look like it.

The third mistake is that you think that the stuff is the size that it is in the book but then come to find out that that particular necklace and earrings are small. They are for teenagers. I'm an older woman and I don't wear anything like those. But I'm not the type of person that keeps on returning things back so I refused to do so. I'm gonna give it to somebody else but I have received three strikes and I have decided that I would no longer order from them anymore.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the jewelry from Stauer Jewelry and I've purchased from them watches, necklaces and jewelry sets. Their customer service was excellent. They've been good, very informative, courteous and helpful. One lady even helped me find the necklace that I've been looking for a long time. Stauer Jewelry is a great company that has good products and great people. I'm very satisfied and have recommended them to other people.

I am very pleased with my most recent purchase from Stauer, as well as their attention in assisting me with an item I thought may have been broken. I had purchased an automatic watch that requires winding rather than a battery. While I had read the directions, and understood that it was an automatic watch, I didn't realize that anything beyond the initial winding would be called for, especially if the watch isn't worn every day. My initial week to ten day period of wearing the watch was punctuated with one or two day periods of not winding it, as I have a number of watches. As it is the movement of the watch while being worn that keep it wound, it slowed and eventually stopped. I returned it for a replacement, which of course did the same thing.

When I brought it to the attention of customer service, with the intention of returning it for a full refund, they very promptly emailed me with a couple of additional suggestions as to how best to care for and maintain the watch so as to ensure its proper functioning and accuracy. I followed these simple suggestions for a few days and am very pleased with the results. Accordingly, I am keeping the watch (the Stauer Magnificat II), and will certainly be making future purchases from them. Stylish timepieces and prompt customer service are a wonderful combination. Thank you Stauer!

I remain extremely impressed with the first Stauer timepiece purchased by me several years ago. Beside its distinctively great looks, I was awed by the feel of the quality built into the watch as I worked its bezel and set the complications. I knew instantly that this was not any ordinary watch, and that I had found no ordinary watch company. Since then, I have purchased a number of Stauer's watches and have been equally awed by each one. The quality of each of its products at such amazingly affordable prices makes Stauer the greatest value in watches and jewelry that I am aware of. Great going Stauer!!! Thanks for making this 'Blue Collared guy' feel like a 'Blue-Blooded multi-millionaire' every time I step out! Keep up the great work!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed presents for my wife and tried to give Stauer Jewelry a chance. Most of the purchases have been online, and their website is very good. I'm pleased with my experience and so I keep buying from them.

I have bought at least 2 Stauer watches. Both stopped working after a few years, and they were not abused. Will you replace the newer one. It has the # 20409 on the back. It seems to keep the date ok, but "hands" part of the watch does not work. I want you to replace it.

I just called to get instructions on my new watch. Instead of getting what I asked for, I was subjected to a "boiler room" attempt to get me to sign up for numerous additional items. When I asked the person to stop with that nonsense and just get me the information requested, he wanted to argue with me and continue his sales pitch. He then put me on hold for at least 15 minutes and then was disconnected. I use to think that Stauer was a reputable company, now I wonder. PS: I never got the information on my new watch. Please have someone contact me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stauer Jewelry is where I received a ring and some earrings. They were very nice and I had a good experience with them. Their prices were very nice for the quality of the things that I was looking at.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Stauer Jewelry experience was great. I'm happy with the company. I have ordered something from a magazine and got it and I got material from Stauer. I had great interaction with their sales reps, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nothing but applaud for Stauer Jewelry. I've seen their ad in the National Rifleman and ordered some stuff out of curiosity. They had one of the specials where you only pay $24.95 shipping and you get the item free. That was how I got involved with them and I joined the VIP club. From then on, I was sold because I got excellent customer systems and help. I've had five years’ worth of purchases from them.

My husband feels the hunting knife he ordered was the finest knife he, as a collector and user of many knives, has ever held in his hand, and used!! He ordered 3 more as gifts!! The Bonus Binoculars are of high quality as well. A fabulous FREE Bonus! Being shipped to me now is a gorgeous Opal ring I am anxiously awaiting!! It was not until I placed the order for the ring, which was offered at an excellent reduced price, as well as using my $50.00 Free coupon, that I realized I got a Free Bonus of a pair of fine looking sunglasses, AND a lovely bracelet!! When placing my orders over the phone I found the Customer Service person most pleasant and efficient. My orders have come to me in a most timely manner as well. I look forward to more quality offers from this grand company, Stauer!! Sincerely, A most pleased forever customer!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for desirables and there were things that I wanted at Stauer Jewelry. Amazon has cheaper merchandise but it's the promotions that Stauer has that ring the bells in my heart. Our purchasing experience went really well, especially after we had a history of ordering. The representatives that I've had have all been good but we have had a more exciting sales history with the most recent one. I've enjoyed the experience, I'm happy with it and we will reorder from them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm very pleased with how I was treated at Stauer Jewelry. I got the premium plan and paid $99 for a year of a subscription per se, which included some $50 certificates and others with the package. I love the catalogs and the products but I had not been able to afford most of the items and I don't think I'll be able to spend the amount of money that would be required to use the certificates and the email specials. When I ordered two Celtic crosses with a bead chain for myself and my son who's in the service, I called them and asked the serviceman who assisted me if there's an automatic renewal and withdrawal without my permission. He said no and that they won't renew it without my permission. He also said it's free of charge if I wish to not have an additional year and that they were going to give me this one Celtic cross as a gift for buying into the $99 of premium plan.

So when I got the product which I'm very happy with, I looked at the certificate or the package of the premium plan that I was offered and I purchased. And it was totally different than what he had mentioned. In the signed letters, it said that the plan will automatically renew and if I wish to void a renewal, at the end of the year, I have to give up and return the gift that was given when I first purchased the plan. I paid $29.99 for one of the Celtic crosses plus the chains worth $29 each. So I have to return a $30 gift but I paid a $100 to get it. That isn't very fair and kind of crooked. He also said the $50 off certificates were going to be good for one year and they weren't. There were a couple for 80 days or 90 days and the other one was for 180 days.

So I'm really kind of angry but I haven't had the time to hear from them personally and understand it. It's nearly been 30 days since I purchased the gifts. I don't want to renew the plan and I thought maybe I could use these certificates throughout the year for gifts. But I learned that to get some of these gifts and use the certificates, I have to buy ** amount of dollars before I can even use them. But I don't buy that much jewelry and I'm disabled and I live on a small amount of budget. Also, I wanted to stop the premium plan but I've already sent away the gifts and I can't return them. So I'm in a pickle about it and pretty dissatisfied with the experience.

Stauer Jewelry Company Profile