Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I especially like Stauer's necklaces but some of the styles and colors of their jewelry matched the clothes that I wear. What I would have really liked would have been the earrings that aren’t the wire pieces, but I haven’t found too many of those. So mostly what I've ordered were necklaces. A couple of times, I purchased online. And then later I got a call from a guy who is at Stauer and so now when I want to place an order, I call and deal directly with him. He’s easy to work with and very thoughtful and helpful. I still get the catalogs, though. I go through them and decide if I am going to order something. So far, it’s been good. I’m very satisfied with the pieces that I have ordered and being able to deal directly with the guy because sometimes when I call and talk to him about a certain thing, he’d also tell me about something else that they’re getting ready to do a special on in case I might be interested. But there’s never any pressure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For the past two years I have purchased three different wrist watches from Stauer and have been very please with their products. My latest purchase was a Stauer Versailles wrist watch which is excellent looking and runs like a Rolex. I have already received quite a few of the first two Stauer watches and I know I will with this third watch. I am very happy with their products and service.

I have ordered many items from Stauer for my wife and I. I have never been disappointed with anything I've purchased. Their prices are great and the quality is excellent. I introduced Stauer to my son and he too has had a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Received watch but it did not keep correct time. Returned watch & called customer service and talked to, Rene, who is the best customer service person have talked to in a long time! She got right onto this & my brother had a great birthday and loved his watch. A big THANK YOU to Rene for doing this to make his #76 the best ever. Have been Stauer's customers for several years and have enjoyed all we have bought!!!

My recent experience with Stauer was wonderful. I spoke with Claude in management. I wanted to exchange a bracelet that I had received a duplicate of for a pair of earrings. Everything went smoothly and in three days I had the earrings in my possession. Thanks again!!

Resolution In Progress

Dear Gilbert,

We apologize for your experience with our online system. We would be more than happy to assistance you with a return for exchange or full refund.Since the order has been shipped you will need to use the return/exchange form from the backside of your invoice for your return/exchange instructions. There should also be a pre-paid USPS shipping label attached to the front of your invoice for you to use as postage to return the defective item. Please keep in mind returns and exchanges using our Return Label can take up to 2-3 weeks for our Returns Department to receive the returned package. You are more than welcome to return the product at your own cost, this will ensure the product arrives sooner than our pre-paid return label. As a courtesy we will waive the return label fee and will issue a full refund. Please note the estimated time frame to complete the refund/exchange order is about 3-4 weeks.

Addy Donkhong

Customer Relations Administrator

Original review: June 22, 2017

Last night I bought a necklace from Stauer.com. Its price was written $49 and shipment will $12 but after all transactions done I saw they took $78.95 from my card. They charged $59 instead of $49 and $19.95 instead of $12. Right after that I tried to cancel the order over email but they replied me for call 1888-333-2012. After 7 attempts I able to reach them. I talked with their representative Joel. He is telling me the item already shipped. They will not fix the price and also they will charge the shipping fees if I return it. Guys I just caught with the scam website Stauer.com but don't want to see anybody get in trouble like me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had purchased the Holy Land ring and necklace set for my wife earlier in the year, but we had ordered the ring much too large, and I took it to a local "jeweler" for resizing. After sitting for two weeks with no word, not even an estimate of cost (as they promised), I called to find out what the problem was. They informed that they had sent the ring "out" for the work to be done, and that it would cost $50.00. I was incensed at the whole thing and told them I would come get the ring to take elsewhere. In the meantime, I called Stauer customer service to see if THEY had any ideas. Whoever I spoke with on this date, (6/20/17), was a great help in solving my problem with the "Holy Land ring" that was too large.

They were willing to exchange the ring for one of the proper size, and would pay postage both ways. I received a shipping label as promised, and called the merchant whom I had left the ring with for resizing. They informed me that they had sent the ring out to a "jeweler", and have recalled the ring. I can pick it up next week, at which time I will mail it back to Stauer. Stauer customer service has gone out of their way to keep me a HAPPY customer, and these are folks I will not hesitate to recommend wholeheartedly for quality of merchandise, and most friendly and accommodating customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My copy clearly shows I was charged $129 for a watch, was given a $52.90 discount, charged $19.95 for shipping, for a grand total of $96.05. The receipt in the package shows I was charged $89 for the watch, $19.95 for shipping, for a total of $108.95. You over-charged me $12.90! Actually, my membership price should have been $116.10, not $129. Instead of reducing my original price for the watch to the membership price of $116.10 (a difference of $12.90), you ADDED an additional $12.90. I'm very suspicious of websites that do not automatically offer you the option of printing off the receipt & that won't email a receipt, either. There's something wrong with that! Unfortunately, I purchased a membership for Stauer, but I'm sorry now. I won't be doing that again. Some of your prices are appealing & your jewelry is attractive, but not enough to allow you to pencil whip me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This company has class! I didn't have any problems with them. But I ordered a product that was backordered and I had many questions. The customer service representative was more than helpful. She went above and beyond the call of duty to find information for me. It was her willingness to help and her kindness and understanding that really made the company stand out to me. There are many perks to doing business with this company with many $50 discounts without minimums. They are a very generous company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Buying from Stauer is always a great experience whether online or on the phone. I know I will receive quality products when I order from Stauer. My sunglasses and binoculars have perfect clarity. My wife's jewelry is beautiful, and I am proud of my watches. Customer service is very friendly and helpful. Their specials are unbeatable and they do a lot of specials. I always enjoy looking through the latest catalog when it arrives in the mail.

Bought an atomic watch from Stauer over 5 years ago and had an issue. They did not have to do anything as I was out of warranty, but they went above and beyond to help me out. I had the same issue with a watch I bought from Skagen, they did nothing. Fantastic service Stauer!!!

National Geographic has the Stauer Jewelry ad from time to time with pretty much some very nice higher quality jewelry being advertised on full-page ads. The jewelry really connects with me. I like emeralds, rubies and strong color. My first order had to do with an emerald ring and it’s very large. I’m a very active person and I only wear it when I know I’m not going to be out and about with my horses. I wear it for special occasions and I really do like it. I would have liked to be able to buy half-sizes. I know they only come in whole sizes and the large ring, being a little loose, would often get in trouble.

Then, when I ordered that, they got my email address and I saw an ad for a 3 for $100. That’s when I got into the premium program where I get $50 coupons that have to be used within a period of time. A man took my order through the 3 for $100 and I got transferred to a lady who called me a lot. Somehow, I lost touch with her and I now talk to another lady for a time.

I have purchased online using my debit card and it was pretty good navigating their website. There were no problems. The issue I have with the company is the quality of the product itself. The boxes are well constructed and too nice and I almost don’t want to throw them away. But the jewelry itself, not so much. I like gold as a basic color and I don’t like silver. I ordered a gold band with about seven small stones. it was shown as being gold but the gold was gone almost immediately. They told me that for an extra couple of dollars, I could get an insurance policy. I suppose I would have returned this if I had had that because it’s not gold, it’s silver. In the 3 for $100, I also ordered a couple watches and gave one to each of my daughters-in-law and the younger daughter-in-law showed me where the gold is coming off on her watch as well.

Also, when their prices are listed, they’re always on sale and they quote astronomical prices that these products are supposed to go for which is ridiculous. I would like to buy one of their nice leather purses that they advertise but I know I can buy another at a discount store like T.J. Maxx for a lot less and still get some nice quality. Since I’m a little concerned with the quality, I probably won’t buy anything else. I’m pretty dissatisfied and I wouldn’t recommend it to a friend. My money could have been spent much better elsewhere.

Stauer Jewelry was offering a free set of pearls. So I ordered the free set of pearls and three more sets. I just got hooked on it. I purchased them online and it was very easy to navigate the website. Their sales reps were very courteous. My experience was great. Everything seems to be geared toward the consumer and they seem to have it set up for the consumer.

My wife doesn't wear jewelry that much, but the Stauer Jewelry necklace and earrings combo in the green stone made out of Mt. Helenite ash would look good on her and was very reasonably priced. I purchased it over the phone and the salesperson answered my questions and did not push me. Also, it was not noisy in the background, as one would expect from a large call center. However, I do get vexed by the constant emails from them about more thing. Other than that, the detail which described what it was selling and the close-up pictures gave me a high degree of comfort. I wasn’t confronted with a surprise when it was delivered. I did not get an impression that it was oversold with the Stauer materials that I got, and the delivery time was efficient.

I was looking through a magazine and saw Stauer Jewelry’s advertisement for some amethyst jewelry. I love purple and it was so ridiculously inexpensive. So I thought to give this a shot. I placed the order and when they came, they were beautiful. I got the whole deal, the necklace, the bracelet, and earrings. It was a pretty good deal. Then they contacted us about becoming a member and they were giving me so many coupons. My husband and I saw a few things that my sons would like for Christmas. So we went ahead and took advantage of this and got knives for the boys. I couldn't have been more pleased with the purchasing process. I called on the phone and they were extremely pleasant and very helpful. It has been effortless and easy to deal with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Not serrated, looks nothing like the pic in catalog or a real sharks tooth. Not bothering to return because it is gift for ten year old godson who won't know any better. Looks like it was carved out of a piece of stone. Won't be ordering from Stauer again

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just received my purchased Stauer Excursion Dive watch and sunglasses. The watch is awesome!! The Flyboy sunglasses are just the thing I need to drive with. Excellent optics!!! The watch is elegant and stylish. Nice products from Stauer. I highly recommend Stauer for any special gift ideas or for that special "got to have it" item. Thanks Stauer. You've made a new client.

I'm very pleased with Stauer and have had very excellent experience with them. I’ve made several purchases with Stauer Jewelry, both for myself and as gifts. I’ve bought four watches from them over time and I will purchase three pieces of jewelry. I place my orders through phone. I give them the information, like the catalog number and so forth. Then I receive the tracking number in my email. I once had a problem with one watch that I sent back and they didn’t replace. I had to pay to have it replaced and I was sorry about that. Other than that, I don’t have problems with them and I would highly recommend them.

I call to order. The shipping charges were more than I have ever been charged. When I asked why my answer was ("You don't have to order"). This was not a professional explanation of a reasonable question. Is this the way you treat a new customer??? Wanted to get nice sunglasses for my husband. He has cancer. A Father's day gift. So disappointed with this company or maybe it was the person I talk to. They need to learn how to talk to customers. Unhappy maybe customer.

As with other some other watch companies offering watch cases that are so large they would take up your whole wrist, Stauer has a different approach. I find that most men's Stauer timepieces have such small diameter cases that they should rather be considered to be a woman's watch. I for one am a senior citizen and my eyesight is not the best. I purchased a few watches and sent them back only to be disappointed with the fact that I'd need a magnifying glass to read the date or day of week! I think Stauer should take this into consideration and offer watches with cases in the 45 to 48 mm range and not the usual 38 to 41 range most of them come in.

Also I am not pleased that the watches I have purchased in the past from them said China Movement on them. This makes me wonder about the true quality of some of their watches? Don't most of the best watches built say "Japan OR Swiss Movement" on them? I will say one thing good about their timepieces is that they have some really great looks and fashionable designs. It's just a shame that the cases (in my situation) are so small. So heads up Stauer, I have heard many others complain about this same problem. Why not fix it and perhaps your sales would go up and make some of us watch lovers VERY happy.

I have been very glad for most of the things that I have received from Stauer. I got the whole nine yards of all of the tanzanite jewelry and I love it. I also got the dragonfly earrings and pendant, and I like that too. The only problem I had was I had to send back the emerald and opal necklace. The picture said one thing and what I got was a completely different thing. The color of the “emerald” was so dark that it looked like it was dark jade. It was very strange looking. It was from the regular catalog and not from the concierge catalog but I didn't reorder it after that.

Other than that, the rep was wonderful and I like working with her. She knows what she's doing and she lets me talk to her about other things although sometimes I keep her too long. She got very concerned about the Hannah Flower not having come on time and said that it was already received so I had my husband go and look at our postal box and it wasn't there. He went back to the front door and the package was there but I hadn't seen it. When I opened it up, it was so beautiful so I have wanted a lot.

I like vintage or older watches so I decided to get one from Stauer Jewelry. There's a lot of beautiful watches that I liked from the catalog. I decided to become a platinum member. They have given me discounts and the service is good. They're very helpful, especially Savannah, and now it's Mary. Everybody helps me even though my personal rep is not available. I'm addicted and I don't want to go to the malls anymore. I'm purchasing for gifts for my children, compadres, and friends.

I got watches and jewelries from Stauer and I love my experience. I also like their pricing and features. I purchase through the catalog, online, and over the phone, and all three is pretty simple. I called once because I wasn't able to purchase online and they were very polite and answered all my questions. It's been a wonderful experience and I have recommended them. Keep up the good work.

Everyone I have spoken to at Stauer Jewelry has been extremely nice and extremely friendly. They were very informative and my experience has been very good. My husband and I recently ordered a watch for my son for his birthday in August. I really enjoyed dealing with them. My first purchase from them was a watch for myself. Then they kept on sending me catalogs and it's always appetizing. My husband also got me two bracelets. All the products I've received from them are very beautiful and of good quality. Moreover, their delivery is very fast. I received my order in three or four days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a watch for my husband from Stauer online. They claim to have very high-quality watches at reasonable prices. Instead, I feel like we bought junk. My husband has several watches, from inexpensive to higher-quality, so he does not wear this watch every day, maybe once a month or so. He takes very good care of it and is not involved in any physical activity at work that would damage the watch. It fell apart in two years after light wear. A piece of the band fell completely off near the face of the watch, allowing a pin to also fall out. Seems like a piece of junk. His cheap watches have held up better than this. I would not recommend them if you want quality merchandise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stauer Jewelry sends me a catalog of their products and, in looking at their watches, I consider the size of the watch face because I don't like a big watch. I like a more conventional watch. I call them up and look online, and I check the watch out. Stauer has been pretty decent and they’ve been okay. I send back a watch if I don't like it and they'll send me what I ordered or at least something that looks like what I ordered from the catalog.

However, I got confused because I was supposed to have canceled my Platinum account with Stauer in April 2016. It was an error on my part. I didn't know that my account was from April 2016 to April 2017. I thought that the cutoff date was April 2016 and the cancellation was prior to that date, but it turns out that April this year was actually the cutoff date. So, if I decided to continue my account, that would be $100 and maybe they can put me on a payment plan. But I just went ahead and let my account go, and if I decided to renew it, I will.

When I saw an offer for a 75% discount, I didn't read the fine print like always, and it turns out that I had to renew my account to avail of this discount. I’ve bought several watches from Stauer in the last five months. I sent one watch back last week because the face was too big and, although it looked like the watch was gold in the pictures in the magazine, it was actually rose gold, which I didn't like. I used a coupon in sending the watch back so all they would charge was the shipping.

However, the Stauer rep told me that I can still order watches from them, but since I have canceled my account, some of the tickets and coupons that they have sent to me aren't going to be valid. I told her that I bought several watches with coupons in the past months. I got $50 off on one watch, and I also got $50 off on another. I used a $50 coupon as well to buy the watch that I had sent back recently, but now I'm sure that they're not going to give me credit for it. They'll give me my shipping charges on my credit card but not anything else.

The lady rep explained to me that I had canceled my account in April 2016, and my account was still good from that point forward up to the cutoff date on April 2017, but after this I can't use coupons anymore. The thing that I didn't understand was, if I can't use discount coupons after I canceled my account, why are they sending coupons to me so I can buy watches with coupons? We just went round and round, so I didn't argue with her anymore.

Another issue that I have is with the product quality. You don't get to choose the wristbands that come with the watch that you order, and these wristbands are very cheap. When the bands come, sometimes you get a black band and it's stamped alligator. You’re stretching the band to put the watch on your wrist as many times as you use it, and then the band starts to fray at the edges. So, they're not good bands, and Stauer needs to upgrade their wristbands. Furthermore, some of the watches come apart on the insides. I've taken these watches to a local watch repair shop to be fixed.

I have bought three watches from Stauer, and every one of them lasted about two years, and then quit working. When I contact Stauer, I find that they don't repair their products, but they will give you a fifty dollar credit on another new watch. A Timex is cheaper, does the same job, and last a lot longer!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking into a catalog in the mail and I liked what I saw so I decided to look into jewelry providers. The prices at Stauer Jewelry seemed good so I chose them. The purchasing process was easy and I was able to navigate their website to find what I was looking for. Moreover, I was very impressed with their rep, Theresa, because she doesn't push you to buy things. She would tell you what could be on sale and she is well-versed in what's available. However, once I say "no", that's it. She is a very good representative of the company. I purchased some watches for my grandson and jewelry sets for myself. The quality of the item was excellent. I also liked their personal service with Theresa and the good variety of items they have.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Stauer Jewelry in Smithsonian Magazine a couple of years ago. They were advertising a beautiful watch for $30 and I was curious. I’m a watch kind of guy and I called them just to see if it was legitimate and that’s the first watch I bought from them. Since that time, I’ve bought about nine watches. Their purchasing process is really very easy every time. The only down part is that the things they advertise are sometimes out of stock and I have to wait many weeks for it to finally be delivered. But dealing with their reps was always really good. They’re very pleasant. However, they have a premier membership plan and they always try very hard to get me to join that. I was trying to convince them that I’m not going to do that but they push really hard. Other than that, the service has always been really good. I’ve obviously come back multiple times and I have recommended them to people who are into the watch that I wear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We don't buy a lot of jewelry but we liked the stuff that we saw at Stauer Jewelry. As soon as we made our first purchase, a lady named Carleen was assigned to be our sales rep. Everything since then has been wonderful because we call her up and she expedites everything and gets us the best prices. Also, ordering has been very easy because Carleen does all the leg work. The sales members we've worked with are personable. They're interested in us as people. It's a friendship as much as it is a business relationship. We've purchased a number of items over the last couple of years including rings, earrings and necklaces as personal items and people need to be aware that the items are smaller than they look at the ads.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve been a regular customer of Stauer and have been buying jewelry for myself. I prefer buying on the internet because I don’t go to the store much. I like their price and the convenience in the stuff that I wanted. I bought a couple of marble cars and I also got a couple of watches but I sent them back because I didn’t like them and the return process is very easy. Stauer is a good company and it’s been around a long time. I’m satisfied with them.

Stauer Jewelry Company Profile