toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I especially like Stauer's necklaces but some of the styles and colors of their jewelry matched the clothes that I wear. What I would have really liked would have been the earrings that aren’t the wire pieces, but I haven’t found too many of those. So mostly what I've ordered were necklaces. A couple of times, I purchased online. And then later I got a call from a guy who is at Stauer and so now when I want to place an order, I call and deal directly with him. He’s easy to work with and very thoughtful and helpful. I still get the catalogs, though. I go through them and decide if I am going to order something. So far, it’s been good. I’m very satisfied with the pieces that I have ordered and being able to deal directly with the guy because sometimes when I call and talk to him about a certain thing, he’d also tell me about something else that they’re getting ready to do a special on in case I might be interested. But there’s never any pressure.

So disappointing! My son was going to give this to his girlfriend and it is an embarrassment! Feels and looks like plastic. So tiny in size too. The description is completely false. There is no way this is regularly $195. I will question buying something from you again.

Very helpful and monstro professional. All businesses and jobs depend on a vast number of people, often unnoticed and unthanked, without which nothing really gets done. They are all human and deserve respect and gratitude. Make it simple, but significant.

Having received many lovely gifts from Stauer, I knew Stauer is a high quality jewelry company when I called to place an order last month. But I had the truly great experience of talking with a representative who offered the Platinum Membership to me, which I quickly accepted and am now enjoying all the benefits of much lower costs when ordering gifts for family and friends!

I've been a Stauer customer since 2014 and have purchased lots of jewelry from them. However that has come to a grinding halt with the experience I've had with that company that begun on 2/3/17. On that date, I ordered a ring and a necklace using the online option (which I've always used). In checking my bank account, like I always do with every online purchase I make with any company, I noticed that 2 preauthorizations for the amount of my order had been deducted from my bank account. I called Stauer right away and was first told that a preauthorization only verified my bank account and that there was only one preauth. on my order and that no money had been deducted from my account and wouldn't be until my order had been shipped and a point of sale appeared on my account.

When I told the woman at Stauer that I was looking at my online bank statement at the very minute that I was speaking to her and that there were indeed 2 preauths in the same amount deducted from it, she continued to dispute my word until she was finally convinced that I wasn't going to be swayed by her pat answers and discussed the matter with either another Stauer employee or her supervisor. After a few minutes she suggested that I wait a day and that I would see that the preauths. would "fall off" my account. After that conversation, I called my bank and after explaining the situation It was suggested that I wait to see what would happen and that they were also sure the preauths would "fall off" overnight.

Monday morning came and instead of 2 preauths. there was now only one deducted from my account BUT a point of sale had also been deducted!! When I called the bank Monday morning (2/6/17), I was told that nothing could be done on their end and that Stauer would need to "fix the problem" and if it couldn't then I would have to file a dispute form and have to be issued a new card. So I called Stauer was first told that they could do nothing about it and that the bank would have to correct the problem. When I told them what the bank told me then I was told to "be patient" and that it could take up to 3 days for the preauth. to "fall off" my bank statement.

So now it's Tuesday morning (2/7/17) and I checked the bank statement hoping beyond hope that the preauth. had fallen off my account. Instead I found that the date of the preauth. had changed from 2/3/17 to 2/7/17!! I believe that the preauth. dated 2/3/17 had "fallen off" my account but that Stauer, for whatever reason, had applied a new preauth. on 2/7/17. I know the bank would not have done that. So at 9 AM sharp I will be calling Stauer again and this time I will get nasty with them. I've been very polite with them up to this point but enough is enough! I'll also say this... there is NO WAY that I will ever, ever, ever order anything from Stauer again!!! As a matter of fact, I think Stauer should reimburse me for my last order. That's the very least Stauer can do for all the grief they've put me through but I know that won't happen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Giant white shark tooth pendant and chain - It was a no-hassle shopping experience. Every step was clear and easy to understand. Having this site recommended by Norton with their shopping guarantee gave me that much more confidence that I would receive my merchandise without problem.

Just want to comment on the Gold Leaf Stauer Day Date Watch I recently bought. This watch is very accurate and it is a Rolex look alike! I wear it 24/7 except when I take a shower/bath. I own a Rolex and proud that my Stauer watch resembles the look of it. Its craftsmanship is exquisite and I am truly proud to wear it to meetings, parties and everywhere I go. For its value and quality nothing else can come close. To say the least, I highly recommend this product. Good buy and excellent choice for gifts too.

Resolution In Progress

Placed order on the 12th of December. Was contacted on the 19th and told that a processing error had occurred and I needed to fix it. Why they waited so long to notify me was beyond comprehension but I complied and expressed the urgency for the products to arrive before Christmas. They assured me that everything was going to be fine and they had everything in stock and were going to express ship at no additional charge. Lies, lies, and more lies. I call on Friday the 23rd and was informed that my package would not be delivered until after Christmas since the express delivery was not put on my order. To make matters worse, the order was wrong. and short two items. At this point, I could care less. Christmas ruined, wife utterly destroyed, and not even an apology from anyone in the company. I will never do business with this company ever again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Feb. 15, 2017

A full refund has been posted to my account, but they still lost a customer.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I was very disappointed with Stauer customer service when I called about a damaged cast fire engine that I had purchased as a Christmas gift. It was advertised as a cast model (instead it was made out of plastic not cast). A second item was a broach for my wife advertised in the picture as a beautiful blue cut stone. Not so. It was a dingy gray something or other I could have found in my yard. I asked for a full refund including shipping. They said company policy was not to refund shipping cost. I said even if the item is damaged? They responded YES. So I ended up losing $20.00 and they lost a customer for life. I have requested that they remove my name from all mailings and emails. READ THE SMALL PRINT.

Told you last year that John ** passed away. And now you charged my credit card $99 automatically for membership renewal. Need the credit card reversed or I am reporting this as a scam. Did not give permission to renew this. What do you need a death certificate.

I got the new dive watch for a gift. I have multiple watches from you guys. Once again I am never disappointed with you guys. 5 stars indeed. I could go endless on how good you are to anyone. Thanks again for another great watch.

Resolution In Progress

I returned a watch I purchased December 23rd, 2016 on December 30th, 2016 in the return envelope provided by the company. It has been two weeks and they still don't have my item back. No one in customer service will help and they told me WHEN they do get my return, it will take 10-14 BUSINESS days to refund my credit card. I asked for a tracking number so I could track it myself, they provided a bogus number. The post office, UPS etc. show no signs of ever getting anything from me with the label Stauer provided. None of this is stated in any return policy on their website. Very rude customer service reps. Very, very disappointed. Filed complaint with BBB.

A little over a year ago, I purchased a Stauer Centurion Hybrid Watch that has both digital and analog time functions. This watch was working fine for almost the full year in both functions, but one day I noticed that the analog function stopped working, but the digital clock was still working okay. I figured that the battery for the analog clock needed replacement, so I purchased new batteries and replaced both batteries for the analog and digital clocks. The digital side worked, but the analog clock would only operate for a couple minutes then stop. I could give the watch a good rap, it would again run, but stop after a couple minutes; so I figured that something must have broken inside the watch.

I wrote to Stauer about the problem and they emailed me a return form and prepaid shipping label to return the watch for replacement at No Charge to me. I received the replacement recently and commend Stauer for their prompt service rendered. I will happily do business with them again whenever the opportunity provides.

I recently made my first purchase online from Stauer--a tanzanite ring for my wife's birthday. Overall, it was a great experience. Absolutely no problems with shipping or the item itself which is very beautiful. My only negative feeling was with the almost $20 charge for shipping a small ring! It arrived in a huge envelope that was full of advertising for all kinds of products I had no interest in. Into the paper recycling bin it went. I did enjoy looking at the Stauer catalogue that was included. However, Except for the gross overcharge for shipping, I am completely satisfied with my purchase from Stauer, and I will likely purchase from them again (pending a more reasonable shipping charge)!

Resolution In Progress

I have ordered quite a bit for christmas. The turquoise necklace looks very plastic. The opal ring has absolutely no fire in it. Ordered size 7 and got a nine. Want to be taken off your catalog list. No more!!! Have ordered in the past also. Was pleased with them but the last few looked like dime store and they were expensive.

Factual basis uncertain

I ordered the Riviere set ($395 regular) with the necklace being the most expensive component ($299 regular), I also ordered another Helenite necklace and earrings to reach a $500 total so I could use a coupon. The Riviere necklace diamonds are so heavy they roll the necklace over and the company must be aware of it because now that I have a catalogue I can see the model holds the diamonds twisted so the camera can catch it but when you look at the right hand side the top 3 diamonds are correct, the 4th starts to turn, and the next 5 are rolled over. They said with my coupon the set was only worth $228 and they would give me 1/3 of that for the return of the necklace. The necklace is worth more in $ charged for both earrings and bracelet combined but they would only give me 1/3; I would also lose the coupons. I was about to order more items today but they have lost this customer. They would not even consider an equal amount replacement.

Very same page I responded to on 11/23/2015. I was very impressed with your 2 pair of glasses. (Cost $61.95.) However I want you to know, these glasses are not any good in Florida. The sun is just too bright. Does not help at all. It is ok when the sun in not shining. I live halfway down the state on the west side of the state. You certainly must have had complaints such as mine. I am not looking for a refund, just letting you know they do not help me at all with our very bright sun.

Customer service is poorer than poor! Sure, Stauer is ready to take my order, but, if I want service, zip, nada, zilch. Should you folks "blow me off "I will take to Facebook to tell the world. You have 48 hrs.

This was my first order from Stauer. I ordered a Metropolitan watch and gave it to my future husband for Christmas. He likes the overall style of the watch, the wide, sturdy wrist band that fits well and the easy to read Roman numerals. He wears it every day. Thank you.

I am writing to you about my new bee pendant. The picture does not do it justice. I collect bee jewelry, when I saw your pendant I cried. It's so beautiful. For me the bee represents hard work, busy as a bee. Relaxing, cup of tea with spot of honey. Love, my honey bee has me on bended knee. And of course family, every family has queen bee, That's me with 3 married children, 15 grandchildren. 2 more on the way, and going to be a great grandmother, I wear the bee pendant proudly every day. Now that the mold is set, is it possible to make earrings and a ring to match? Please say yes Mr. President. There are millions of queen bees out there just like me.

I got a flyer in the mail and decided to place an order for gifts, for my wife's friends who are visiting form China. The price was so good and I thought what could possibly go wrong and I didn't look at the reviews before ordering. I placed the order by phone and the lady I spoke with was very pleasant and professional. When the order was placed and she told me how much the shipping would be I was ready to cancel the order because the amount for shipping and handling was almost the same as the items I purchased. I complained to her and asked her to let her supervisors know I was displeased with the shipping. She apologized and assured me she would tell them.

I got an email with the tracking number and a date when the order would arrive. It has now been two weeks and the order is still not here. In fact I just got a notice that the package was being transferred to the local post office. I went to the post office and inquired about my package and they said they could not trace it because it was not a UPS tracking number and they could not tell me when it would arrive. Our friends will return to China without the gifts we wanted to give them. My wife is very upset about this and there is nothing I can do to solve the problem. I was told it would arrive in 5 - 7 days.

I placed two order with Stauer in early November, one was lost, and the other was mis-charged. When I called customer service to find the status on the 191 order, I was told it was never placed, that I was imagining things, and, when I asked to speak with a supervisor, the guy hung up on me. I am returning the mis-charged order, and I will not place any further orders with Stauer again. I am a very unhappy customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There were a couple of items that I wanted to have. I weigh for a couple and joined the club for a year. When I joined the club, Stauer Jewelry gave me some discount coupons for future purchases which I liked, and my wife found several things in there that she wanted to order; it's a purchase for me. This particular item didn't come up to my standard. I felt the bezel itself looked cheap, and the coin itself was not in a good shape which I didn't expect it would be. I expect it to be just a little bit better than it was. The half-dollar wasn't detailed enough for my liking, and so, I use the shipping label, returned the item and I will reorder from them, because there's several other items I want. It's the first purchase I made and I was happy that Stauer Jewelry included a return label. Furthermore, purchasing was easy. I talked to the guy that signed me up, explained the process to me, was knowledgeable and helpful.

Thank you for such great customer service! I damaged my rings myself, but you sent replacements which I have now received and they are absolutely beautiful! Also, thank you for sending the snowflake pendant... it is gorgeous too! Customer Service does not get any better than this!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've got a beautiful knife from Stauer Jewelry that I wanted. The lady I talked to was very knowledgeable, kind, and enjoyable to talk to. They had a watch that I like and the price is right so then I ordered it. All in all, I've bought three more watches from them. There were no problems purchasing from them. It was easy and everybody knew what they were talking about.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stauer Jewelry was offering a necklace for free. I called up and the customer service person was very affable, persuasive, and accommodating. I purchased that necklace and earrings that were offered. And with the package it turned out that I paid the same amount, but was able to become a member and also get some coupons on future purchases. My experience was pleasant and profitable for both.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw an ad from Stauer's in a magazine that I have a subscription to and it talked about pearls that they’ve had a glut of because somebody had to sell them quickly. So, they were literally giving them away. That was a very nice way for me to start out my relationship with them. I called the number and spoke to a very nice young man. We had a good chat on the phone and he said that they were gonna send catalogs which they have. Their catalog looks great and there are some things in there I can hardly wait to get my hands on some money to get for my wife. Also, the sales rep that handled the order for me did a very nice job and was very pleasant and informative. I got the pearls in the mail today which my wife is wearing while she cleans the house. Stauer comes across as a class operation. They know what they're doing and they answer questions about what people are interested in. It's all very positive.

My watch quit working today. I have had it for about 6 months and today it quit working. What can I do about it? Otherwise I have had no problems with all my other purchases. I love all the other items I have purchased.

I have been a Stauer customer for a number of years. They have always provided high quality products, great prices and incentives, and absolutely outstanding customer service. I am especially fond of their watches - they are quite attractive and have proven to be very accurate and durable. I have recommended Stauer to friends and family members, and they are now regular customers. Thank you, Stauer, for your value and attention to customer needs.

I love all my jewelry because it looks so real. My rings are just beautiful and have received many compliments. They have the best selection I have ever seen. It is made of very good quality, I wear it everywhere.

Stauer Jewelry Company Profile