toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I especially like Stauer's necklaces but some of the styles and colors of their jewelry matched the clothes that I wear. What I would have really liked would have been the earrings that aren’t the wire pieces, but I haven’t found too many of those. So mostly what I've ordered were necklaces. A couple of times, I purchased online. And then later I got a call from a guy who is at Stauer and so now when I want to place an order, I call and deal directly with him. He’s easy to work with and very thoughtful and helpful. I still get the catalogs, though. I go through them and decide if I am going to order something. So far, it’s been good. I’m very satisfied with the pieces that I have ordered and being able to deal directly with the guy because sometimes when I call and talk to him about a certain thing, he’d also tell me about something else that they’re getting ready to do a special on in case I might be interested. But there’s never any pressure.

I returned a watch I purchased December 23rd, 2016 on December 30th, 2016 in the return envelope provided by the company. It has been two weeks and they still don't have my item back. No one in customer service will help and they told me WHEN they do get my return, it will take 10-14 BUSINESS days to refund my credit card. I asked for a tracking number so I could track it myself, they provided a bogus number. The post office, UPS etc. show no signs of ever getting anything from me with the label Stauer provided. None of this is stated in any return policy on their website. Very rude customer service reps. Very, very disappointed. Filed complaint with BBB.

A little over a year ago, I purchased a Stauer Centurion Hybrid Watch that has both digital and analog time functions. This watch was working fine for almost the full year in both functions, but one day I noticed that the analog function stopped working, but the digital clock was still working okay. I figured that the battery for the analog clock needed replacement, so I purchased new batteries and replaced both batteries for the analog and digital clocks. The digital side worked, but the analog clock would only operate for a couple minutes then stop. I could give the watch a good rap, it would again run, but stop after a couple minutes; so I figured that something must have broken inside the watch.

I wrote to Stauer about the problem and they emailed me a return form and prepaid shipping label to return the watch for replacement at No Charge to me. I received the replacement recently and commend Stauer for their prompt service rendered. I will happily do business with them again whenever the opportunity provides.

I recently made my first purchase online from Stauer--a tanzanite ring for my wife's birthday. Overall, it was a great experience. Absolutely no problems with shipping or the item itself which is very beautiful. My only negative feeling was with the almost $20 charge for shipping a small ring! It arrived in a huge envelope that was full of advertising for all kinds of products I had no interest in. Into the paper recycling bin it went. I did enjoy looking at the Stauer catalogue that was included. However, Except for the gross overcharge for shipping, I am completely satisfied with my purchase from Stauer, and I will likely purchase from them again (pending a more reasonable shipping charge)!

I have ordered quite a bit for christmas. The turquoise necklace looks very plastic. The opal ring has absolutely no fire in it. Ordered size 7 and got a nine. Want to be taken off your catalog list. No more!!! Have ordered in the past also. Was pleased with them but the last few looked like dime store and they were expensive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

I ordered the Riviere set ($395 regular) with the necklace being the most expensive component ($299 regular), I also ordered another Helenite necklace and earrings to reach a $500 total so I could use a coupon. The Riviere necklace diamonds are so heavy they roll the necklace over and the company must be aware of it because now that I have a catalogue I can see the model holds the diamonds twisted so the camera can catch it but when you look at the right hand side the top 3 diamonds are correct, the 4th starts to turn, and the next 5 are rolled over. They said with my coupon the set was only worth $228 and they would give me 1/3 of that for the return of the necklace. The necklace is worth more in $ charged for both earrings and bracelet combined but they would only give me 1/3; I would also lose the coupons. I was about to order more items today but they have lost this customer. They would not even consider an equal amount replacement.

Resolution In Progress

Very same page I responded to on 11/23/2015. I was very impressed with your 2 pair of glasses. (Cost $61.95.) However I want you to know, these glasses are not any good in Florida. The sun is just too bright. Does not help at all. It is ok when the sun in not shining. I live halfway down the state on the west side of the state. You certainly must have had complaints such as mine. I am not looking for a refund, just letting you know they do not help me at all with our very bright sun.

Customer service is poorer than poor! Sure, Stauer is ready to take my order, but, if I want service, zip, nada, zilch. Should you folks "blow me off "I will take to Facebook to tell the world. You have 48 hrs.

This was my first order from Stauer. I ordered a Metropolitan watch and gave it to my future husband for Christmas. He likes the overall style of the watch, the wide, sturdy wrist band that fits well and the easy to read Roman numerals. He wears it every day. Thank you.

I am writing to you about my new bee pendant. The picture does not do it justice. I collect bee jewelry, when I saw your pendant I cried. It's so beautiful. For me the bee represents hard work, busy as a bee. Relaxing, cup of tea with spot of honey. Love, my honey bee has me on bended knee. And of course family, every family has queen bee, That's me with 3 married children, 15 grandchildren. 2 more on the way, and going to be a great grandmother, I wear the bee pendant proudly every day. Now that the mold is set, is it possible to make earrings and a ring to match? Please say yes Mr. President. There are millions of queen bees out there just like me.

Resolution In Progress

I got a flyer in the mail and decided to place an order for gifts, for my wife's friends who are visiting form China. The price was so good and I thought what could possibly go wrong and I didn't look at the reviews before ordering. I placed the order by phone and the lady I spoke with was very pleasant and professional. When the order was placed and she told me how much the shipping would be I was ready to cancel the order because the amount for shipping and handling was almost the same as the items I purchased. I complained to her and asked her to let her supervisors know I was displeased with the shipping. She apologized and assured me she would tell them.

I got an email with the tracking number and a date when the order would arrive. It has now been two weeks and the order is still not here. In fact I just got a notice that the package was being transferred to the local post office. I went to the post office and inquired about my package and they said they could not trace it because it was not a UPS tracking number and they could not tell me when it would arrive. Our friends will return to China without the gifts we wanted to give them. My wife is very upset about this and there is nothing I can do to solve the problem. I was told it would arrive in 5 - 7 days.

I placed two order with Stauer in early November, one was lost, and the other was mis-charged. When I called customer service to find the status on the 191 order, I was told it was never placed, that I was imagining things, and, when I asked to speak with a supervisor, the guy hung up on me. I am returning the mis-charged order, and I will not place any further orders with Stauer again. I am a very unhappy customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There were a couple of items that I wanted to have. I weigh for a couple and joined the club for a year. When I joined the club, Stauer Jewelry gave me some discount coupons for future purchases which I liked, and my wife found several things in there that she wanted to order; it's a purchase for me. This particular item didn't come up to my standard. I felt the bezel itself looked cheap, and the coin itself was not in a good shape which I didn't expect it would be. I expect it to be just a little bit better than it was. The half-dollar wasn't detailed enough for my liking, and so, I use the shipping label, returned the item and I will reorder from them, because there's several other items I want. It's the first purchase I made and I was happy that Stauer Jewelry included a return label. Furthermore, purchasing was easy. I talked to the guy that signed me up, explained the process to me, was knowledgeable and helpful.

Thank you for such great customer service! I damaged my rings myself, but you sent replacements which I have now received and they are absolutely beautiful! Also, thank you for sending the snowflake pendant... it is gorgeous too! Customer Service does not get any better than this!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've got a beautiful knife from Stauer Jewelry that I wanted. The lady I talked to was very knowledgeable, kind, and enjoyable to talk to. They had a watch that I like and the price is right so then I ordered it. All in all, I've bought three more watches from them. There were no problems purchasing from them. It was easy and everybody knew what they were talking about.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stauer Jewelry was offering a necklace for free. I called up and the customer service person was very affable, persuasive, and accommodating. I purchased that necklace and earrings that were offered. And with the package it turned out that I paid the same amount, but was able to become a member and also get some coupons on future purchases. My experience was pleasant and profitable for both.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw an ad from Stauer's in a magazine that I have a subscription to and it talked about pearls that they’ve had a glut of because somebody had to sell them quickly. So, they were literally giving them away. That was a very nice way for me to start out my relationship with them. I called the number and spoke to a very nice young man. We had a good chat on the phone and he said that they were gonna send catalogs which they have. Their catalog looks great and there are some things in there I can hardly wait to get my hands on some money to get for my wife. Also, the sales rep that handled the order for me did a very nice job and was very pleasant and informative. I got the pearls in the mail today which my wife is wearing while she cleans the house. Stauer comes across as a class operation. They know what they're doing and they answer questions about what people are interested in. It's all very positive.

My watch quit working today. I have had it for about 6 months and today it quit working. What can I do about it? Otherwise I have had no problems with all my other purchases. I love all the other items I have purchased.

I have been a Stauer customer for a number of years. They have always provided high quality products, great prices and incentives, and absolutely outstanding customer service. I am especially fond of their watches - they are quite attractive and have proven to be very accurate and durable. I have recommended Stauer to friends and family members, and they are now regular customers. Thank you, Stauer, for your value and attention to customer needs.

I love all my jewelry because it looks so real. My rings are just beautiful and have received many compliments. They have the best selection I have ever seen. It is made of very good quality, I wear it everywhere.

Volante Noire Watch: The Crystal is broken and Customer Service indicates they don't repair their own watches nor have parts for them! Local watch repair can't find parts for this watch? I've tried to Google to locate the Crystal but have not been successful. They no longer show this particular watch in their current catalog.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a watch from Stauer Jewelry a couple of years ago. I've got another one for somebody else as well and I'm still waiting for it now. I've done my purchase by telephone both times and the process was fairly easy. Both times the sales reps were very good but the last one I talked to was professional, very friendly and wasn't pushy. He seemed to know exactly what he was talking about.

They make it as hard as possible to unsubscribe. Their email is a fraud and you can only call certain times if anybody answers then. I know of no other company that does this. Therefore, this tells me this company is a fraud and I would never buy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Stauer had this offer for the ring that I ordered and they got the free earrings with it. It looked absolutely gorgeous and then I called to order it. The girl that I talked to told me about the program that they had and did I want to join. She gave me some information, and I said, "Well, okay. That would be fine. Go ahead." I just want to give the ring to my daughter anyway. And so, I ordered the size 8 and she said, "We'll also send you four $50 gift certificates that you can use to purchase more merchandise.” I said, "Okay."

The rep seemed very eager to sell something which is her job and she seemed to know what she was talking about. So, as I was talking to her, I found no reason not to do what she was asking and telling me about. It sounded like a pretty a good deal to me. However when it arrived I had a size 6 ring. No gift certificates and there was no 20% discount. On the package it does say size 8 but regardless of the size, I would not have kept the ring. It did not live up to the picture at all. The picture was so much better than the ring actually looked. So, I decided I didn't wanna participate in the program. I'm very dissatisfied.

The ring is gorgeous--ordered it in 7 1/2---to make sure it fit. Received ring---way too big. Called my "specialist" to return ring for a 7 1/4. She never returned call. Call their special number for help and the young man was downright snotty. Told me they only make rings in full sizes so the ring I received could possibly be a size 8--and I asked to speak to my "specialist" and he informed me he couldn't do this. Called the "specialist" again and she never returned that call or the other calls. I go to jeweler to have ring evaluated and if it is truly a good purchase I will have it sized by a real jeweler in a real jewelry store that I can trust.

My husband saw the design and wanted watch. We ordered and were very pleased. After a few weeks wear the strap holding the band when closing watch broke. We returned the first time. After that the watch night light failed to work. Then we returned again. Once again we thought we were home safe and then the closure fell off. My husband likes watch but was hoping that it would be more durable. We appreciate the repairs with our membership but are greatly disappointed in the quality of the product. Requesting a comparable replacement that is more durable rather than the same watch that has had to be repaired 3 times so far.

Over the years I purchased many items and was completely satisfied. When I broke the crystal on one of my numerous watches, I called Stauer to have it repaired and they told me it was out of warranty. I just wanted a new crystal but they would not do it. So, I have severed all ties with the company. It's too bad because I did like their products.

September 30, I ordered the Isle Emerald ring and the Helenite pendant. I spoke with a very nice and knowledgeable young man named Kevin **. He was polite and had a good understanding of public relations. As of today, October 13, I have not yet received either of these items. Hopefully, I will soon.

I must say that this is one item I was not totally pleased with. The stone is a lot smaller than I thought. It is not what I pictured from the catalog. But it was a very good price and my wife needed the silver chain, so all is well. I will still order from Stauer in the future.

Return of handbag that was purchased for Christmas of 2015. Buyer had a nasty fall immediately after Christmas that sent me to the hospital. This was followed by a pulmonary embolism. A broken bone in my back and a cracked tailbone, along with a blood condition has kept sending the purse back not at the top of my list. To date my wife and I have had 85 medical related appointments since January 1 of 2015 plus 5 hospital stays. I really appreciate the opportunity to return the handbag for credit to my premium account after all this time has gone by. We have continued to purchase items in the meantime.

Stauer Jewelry Company Profile