Call toll free
3.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Stauer Jewelry provides an extraordinary selection of jewelry, watches and other luxury items. We travel directly to the source to find the most exquisite and rare pieces. Our efforts allow us to offer these unique items at the best prices. Let us be your personal shoppers for smart luxuries at surprising prices.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

642 Stauer Jewelry Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was reading a magazine and I saw a watch that attracted my attention. I stopped to purchase from Stauer Jewelry and I’ve been a member since 2007. Purchasing from them is easy, and I’m very satisfied with the service. I would recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Stauer Jewelry's prices looked good and I bought some stuff from them. The quality of the items that I got is mostly good and some of the items were fine, but some of the jewelry has turned out to be miniature and unbelievably small. They gotta put the size of the stuff or put something beside it so we can get a feel of the size. I bought a turquoise Catholic cross for 75 bucks and it turned out to be miniature compared to what was on the catalog picture. When I bought a couple of necklace and earring things for my wife, she laughed and asked if those were for a doll or for people.

I rarely return stuff that I bought, but I have some things that I got from them that I should have returned. I paid $70 for a pocket knife and it was a piece of junk. It was supposed to be a one-hand operation, but I can't open it with one hand. The beautiful layered metal that was shown in the catalog picture was also not there and it was dull. I collect those knives and that was the worst one I've ever had.

I ordered a coral necklace and earrings matching set that cost $400. I had a discount which made the price $320, but when I got my order I didn't get that price. When I called Stauer about why I didn't get the discounted price, the girl rep was really nasty to me. She kept demanding to talk to my wife, but that jewelry set was supposed to be a surprise for my wife. I finally talked to a supervisor and he got the matter squared away. They gave me the right price, but that was such a bitter experience that I cut way back on my purchases from them, and I don't know if I'll buy any more from them or not. I would not recommend Stauer Jewelry.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I went with Stauer Jewelry due to the quality of their items. I've been shopping with them for several years and I've stuck with them. I bought watches to give as a gift and the quality of the items that I got is very good. I also bought mostly jewelry for myself and I like very much the items that I received. I ordered all my purchases online and that was very easy to do. By all means, people should use Stauer Jewelry.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My elderly father has been shopping with you for years. He is very generous and buys us what he feels is quality and beautiful pieces. How he describes each piece is almost word for word from the catalog. What we receive is very ordinary cheaply made costume jewelry. What bothers me the most is the constant phone calls from Stauer with CSRs that act very familiar to this elderly man. They "worry" about him and are there for him. I know this is true because he takes his calls on speaker phone. These reps are usually very concerned and sweet sounding women. I feel your company is behaving in a predatory manner. Preying on an elderly old man. I told the rep today, not to call my father unless he initiates an order or customer service request.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I am a horrible shopper. I admit it. But I keep trying. In May I ordered a necklace for my wife’s birthday in August, and she hated it. She also questioned my getting suckered into buying a membership. We contacted your customer service department to discuss the possibility of an exchange, given more than 30 days had passed. We were told to fill out the return/exchange form and send back the necklace, and we did. We received a refund and called regarding the exchange, and were told it would be processed. A few days later, we got a call and your representative said there were no exchanges after 30 days. Thanks for nothing, literally. GET YOUR STORIES STRAIGHT! Would have left zero stars if that was an option.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stauer Jewelry?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I had bought a lot from Stauer and I’ve been doing business with them for a long time. I'm very pleased with their customer service and pricing. The website is fine and it's fairly quick to buy something. I like their ease of use. They also do a lot of email marketing, which is easy for me to click on and see if there’s anything useful in their current sales. Their support staff is pretty quick about taking and placing orders and letting me get off the phone. Their sales team is good and they seem to know the products pretty well. When they don’t have something in stock, they make suggestions about other products that may be attractive or similar. I’m happy doing business with Stauer and I’d continue to buy from them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Ordered three items Monday evening (18 September 2018) in two phone calls 30 minutes apart from one another. I was told I could not combine these into one order even though I had the previous shipping number. I was told that I needed to call customer service instead. Customer Service said that a second separate account was created for the third item and they could not refund the shipping of the second order. I do not consider this to be my mistake but yours. I referenced the first order information in my phone call.

Your Customer service department just said that they could not refund the shipping on the second item even though I followed your instructions. I was told I can return the items of the shipment and get a refund. That means I have to pay for shipping to return the item that I wanted. This is not the way customer service is supposed to work. The solutions your staff gave me only result in an unhappy customer. Is that really the message you want to send??

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have attempted to buy numerous items online, my credit card billing address is different than my ship to address. Both addresses are on file with AMEX, I have bought from numerous companies using same addresses. Stauer refuses to ship my items as they say their system will not allow ship to different than bill to addresses. Please update your computer system to 2018 standards.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I bought a clock that went ahead hours, changed it for another one and this stopped most of the time; I no longer want your watches, request my money and they do not respond; It seems that I lost my watch and my money. The watches are of poor quality, do not buy!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Hopefully, customer service will rectify my problem. Our order was just a mess, but it eventually got done, although it involved some returns and some waiting. The reps were very nice, though, and they're all great people. Also, the quality of the jewelry that I got is okay and I like the product.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I ordered my wife a egg pendant from Stauer and actually I had ordered her 2 egg pendants a red one and a blue one. When both egg pendants arrived and she went to put them and she made the sure the chain was connected both times. The chain broke on the both pendants. She had to use another chain from 2 other necklaces in order to wear the Stauer egg pendants. What a shame. Nice pedants and the storage egg was nice for storing it and displaying but the chains that came with the egg pendants were defective. So when my wife called and spoke to customer service they wanted her to send the whole item back at your expense, and she only wanted them to send her 2 gold filled chains to replace the broken ones. Will not be buying from Stauer ever again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

The atomic titanium watch is a beautiful watch. I'm always looking at it as I love how light reflects off its face. It is so light being titanium that I hardly notice that I'm wearing it. A good investment! I've compared the watch to Seiko, and Citizen. The Stauer is a better watch.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I've been going to Stauer for at least 10 years and my experience has been very good. Initially, they had something that looked nice, and I bought some things for my wife. I was impressed by the Helenite, the jewelry that was based on the stones that were fabricated out of material that came from Mount St. Helens' eruption, and the price was right. Stauer has been very generous to offer discounts. I've gotten several watches from them, and mostly jewelry for my wife, my daughter, or her three girls. I've ordered sunglasses from them, too. They had the NASA sunglasses. I'm impressed with the quality and the price that I had to pay for them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I would like to complement Andy, Ray and Angelina for their excellent customer service. I recently ordered a ring which arrived very tarnished. I called customer service and was immediately sent a new replacement ring even before I had returned the tarnished one. Then the replacement ring was lost in the mail, so I called again. By this time my return of the original ring had been received. So they offered to retrieve it from the return storage location, have it cleaned and re-send to me with 2 day shipping. I received it quickly and I'm very happy with it. Many thanks to Angelina, Andy and Ray for their outstanding support. They really went above and beyond!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I bought my husband watches from Stauer Jewelry. I talked with a representative. They've all been real helpful, pleasant and professional. Everything I've gotten from Stauer I've really enjoyed and the quality of it held up. They look as good today as the day I got it. I would recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I've been hooked on the style of the piece of jewelry that I selected from Stauer. I found more than I was looking for. I don't really need any more, but when I get a catalog, I'll look through it and I have a tendency to want to try something new that they've come out with. The most favorite piece that I've gotten from them was the green face watch that has a gold and a silver band on it. It was the latest piece that I ordered from them and bought for myself. You can't go wrong with Stauer.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I bought a watch from Stauer Jewelry two years ago. I liked their ad in one of my automobile magazines and the watch looked good. It was stainless steel and had the blue face. Purchasing it over the phone was easy. I also bought several more watches, and I was on the phone for 25 minutes with the most recent guy I talked to and we had a good time.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I have been a customer for over a year and the customer service and all the products I have ordered have been very good except one order and it was corrected right away with a replacement and a gift certificate and free shipping. This company is very customer oriented and offer great deals on a number of different products. I would recommend very highly!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Now I have an issue, not with the product itself, because that has not arrived yet. I bought the Platinum Membership, $99. My initial contact with Stauer was to obtain information on a new order under consideration, and that I had a concern with the outrageous S/H charges. I was told with our Platinum membership, "You will NEVER have to pay S/H charges again, as long as you are a Platinum member," so I purchased the membership.

In the following days I ordered an item. I asked the rep why am I paying $16.95 for S/H, I am a Platinum member, The rep stated that, "I don't know who you spoke with but there is always a S/H charges." I didn't misunderstand anything, the rep misrepresented the facts, whether intentionally or on purpose. I am curious if the call was monitored. The S/H charges from Stauer are a PAD, nothing more just a PAD. I know of no company that charges such exorbitant S/H charges. Of course something is reasonable for S/H charges but almost 30% of the cost of the product is a bit outlandish. It really puts a bitter taste in my mouth now, especially if I was intentionally misled. I believe Stauer needs to make things right.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

A particular item made me wanna look into Stauer Jewelry, but purchasing from them was a nightmare. The item I ordered came with the option of an additional item, but the order totally got screwed up. They said the item that I ordered got shipped but it didn't. Then they started shipping stuff but they never shipped the other item. Finally, they shipped the other item but they shipped it to the wrong address. Our order was just a mess, but it eventually got done, although it involved some returns and some waiting The reps were very nice, though, and they're all great people. Also, the quality of the jewelry that I got is okay and I like the product.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I like the ease of purchase and the selection of things at Stauer Jewelry. You just call in your order, give your card number, and it's done. A lot of stuff they have is very much one of a kind. You walk through the mall and you're looking at jewelry stores and see the same things over and over. But Stauer has a lot of things that are fairly rare, and you get a short opportunity to pick them up. Their reps are very professional and not pushy at all. They tell me what's available and then I make up my mind. So far, the most precious piece I got from Stauer was a bracelet. If someone sees something they like at Stauer, they should get it because chances are, it's not gonna match anything else that other people are wearing.

No response received
Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I ordered the Stauer ladies watch in black with gold trim and rhinestones. It’s listed at $395.00 in the book. I paid just under $100 as it was on a reduced promotional price. This was in June 2018. Today is Aug 6, 2018 which has been less than 2 months. It is not keeping the correct time. It is 6 minutes behind time. I’m very disappointed. Hopefully, customer service will rectify my problem. They close so early (6pm central time), I have not been able to get home in time to call Stauer before they close. I need a dependable watch as I am a school Principal and do not want to walk around all day toting my cell to have the exact time as I don’t allow students to use their cell phones during class time.

No response received
Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I just purchased a triple watch winder listed at $195. I was provided a discount code which gave me a 25 percent discount. Then you turn around and charge me $24.95 for shipping which means that in reality I saved a total of 0.05 cents. What a blatant ripoff. I’ll never purchase another item from you again. This is outright thievery. So thanks for nothing.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have been a customer over the past three plus years. Everything has been A+ from initial ordering, delivery and follow through. That last comment is the reason I keep coming back and ordering more. As an MBA with over thirty five years in sales and marketing, I can affirm that the companies that last are the ones like Stauer. They follow up, and that what keeps me a loyal customer forever. You should serve as a business model for companies that want to last in this competitive environment.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Bought several watches from Stauer. The Blue Stone Chronograph is the worst. Hard to see everything except the dials. Programming is a nightmare. Will return the watch. The other watches from Stauer have been outstanding, good quality at a fair price but the Blue Stone is a lemon.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Watch band fell apart soon after using it - The band broke from the watch and Stauer stated I needed to pay $25 more for a warranty to have it fixed. It sits in a drawer drawing dust. Watch looks good, but without a band (which it needs a special type) it is useless and I shouldn't have to pay a warranty for a repair in workmanship.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I placed this order online but was unable to apply the $50 discount code, so I called the 800#. I was told to call back during regular hours which I promptly did. When I reached (so called) customer service I was told that there was "nothing that could be done" to apply the discount and that I should "place orders over the phone". I was then told that it may be too late to cancel the order and if that is the case, I should refuse the package when it arrives. In the meantime, my credit card will be charged and who knows how long it will take to remedy this?!? I have been a customer since 2007, but you may have lost me forever!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I have a Stauer watch. The moon hand has came off. I have been in touch with your London office Sittingbourne Kent but no reply. As they do not respond so if your watches go wrong do you throw them away.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My husband saw a jewelry set with a necklace, earring, and bracelet on Stauer Jewelry that he liked for me and called in the order then it came in regular. A representative called to see how we liked the purchase but my husband was at work so my husband called him back. The jewelry set came while I was away on a trip and my husband held on to it until Christmas before he gave it to me. That was the time I looked at it and I told him that I cannot wear it because it has to be gold. He keeps buying me jewelry but it's tarnishing. The set is now sitting in a closet and he ended up buying a gold ring with diamonds on it from another company. While he has a different taste for me, the set is also cheaply made. And I didn't like the design that he bought. It was just not for me but I would recommend Stauer to a friend.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I ordered a free ($25) amethyst necklace. I specifically asked the Stauer representative if the amethyst was natural or lab created. He checked and said it was natural. I received the necklace and it was definitely not natural, so I returned it. The refund policy on "free" items is zero credit which I did not know in advance. Stauer customer service would not acknowledge the problem and would not offer any refund. I am considering this a $25 lesson. I would urge anyone purchasing from Stauer to be careful and hesitant.

Stauer Jewelry expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Stauer Jewelry is a company that sells a range of accessories and luxury items to customers online, and they are known for selling jewelry and accessories at affordable prices. The company is headquartered in Burnsville, Minnesota, and it offers a range of products, including traditional jewelry and watches for women, as well as a slew of accessories geared toward men.

• Watch selection: In addition to selling traditional jewelry pieces, Stauer Jewelry has a large selection of watches for customers to choose from.

• Value options: The company offers upscale jewelry, but it also has a selection of fine jewelry pieces under 100 dollars for both men and women, making it a good choice for customers on a budget.

• Unique items: Stauer Jewelry stands out because it not only has jewelry in traditional gems and metals, like silver and gold, but it also features unique jewelry options, such as pieces made of Murano glass.

• No questions asked: Every product purchased from Stauer Jewelry comes with a 30-day, money-back guarantee so customers can return products without any questions asked.

• Platinum membership plan: Stauer offers customers a platinum membership plan. For an annual membership fee, they get 10 percent off every order and 100 dollars in discounts.

• Best for: Customers looking to buy a luxury gift and religious consumers celebrating milestones.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs