Value City Furniture
1.21/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Value City

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

300 Value City Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

We bought a leather looking reclining sofa, and 10 months later it has a rip in the back. The service guy came out and put something on the rip and used a lighter on it. It looked like someone had smeared magic marker on the rip. We told them we aren't happy about that, so they picked the sofa up and said they would have it fixed and return it to us in a week, but now a week later they say they can't deliver it back to us for another 2 weeks. Poor service, and poor quality furniture. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I gave it one star because I had to. This is the worst place to purchase furniture, we purchased a sofa set for $2,000 and they only lasted about 20 days or so. We sent a claim and they kept sending us back and forth. You see these people are super nice when getting you to purchase things but once you come to complain or have a problem they are the rudest. Not only did they say it wasn’t their problem but they still refused to replace it or even come take a look at the problem. They said we just have to purchase the sofa all over again because there was nothing they could do about it. Worst place ever, worst customer service. Please save yourself the trouble and do NOT purchase from this place.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: March 13, 2019

I spend over two thousand four hundred dollars on a beautiful living room sofa set. Set only lasted a year a so, very poor quality. There are only two male adults in this house, no kids, no animals. Springs below cushions broke, lounge chair is broken Frame on bottom. Next time I will go back to Ashley where I never had this issue before, don't purchase from them.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I just recently purchased some furniture items from Value City to be delivered to my home as I have done several times in the past. Which I have had pleasant experiences each and every time. Which is the reason that I have remained a loyal customer over the years. However, my recent experience, was a horrible one. I should caution you, this story is going to be a long one!

On the day of my delivery, there were 2 gentleman who came out and delivered and set up my furniture. They seemed to be professional and performed their job with ease. When the job was complete, the 2 gave me the electronic pad to sign my signature as well as the website to rate my experience. As the 2 left, I noticed that 1 of the workers had accidentally left his tools at my home. So I stayed at my home for about 20-30 mins after, with the intention that they would return to retrieve the left items. When that did not happen, I gathered the workers' tools and placed them in my car to personally return them to the Value City store location in which the furniture came from. I had also made a call to the furniture store and explained to a customer service agent that I would be returning some tools to the store today after a worker had left them behind.

The agent asked for my address and told me that this would be ok. Well about 45 mins. later when I was already back at my job, I had noticed that I had received 2 missed phone calls and a voicemail message from the delivery worker **, stating that he had left his tools and asked if he could return back to my home to grab them. After hearing the message, ** had called yet again for the 3rd time. I Answered the call and had then explained to the young man that I had already returned back to work and had informed him that I had his items and that I would personally return the items to the store myself out of convenience.

Well that must not have been good enough because he then states in a sarcastic manner, "OK, you are back at work and I am right by your house." I then told ** that I understand that he had left his tools at my home due to his negligence however, I also, have a job to do and that I had to return back to work. He then tells me again sarcastically, "Well those are my tools and I need them in order to do my job"! Although his sarcasm seemed rude and extremely unprofessional, I again proceeded to tell him, yet again, that I will drop off his tools to the store after the time I get off work at 4:30 pm.

So after around 5:30 pm, I started to receive calls from the delivery driver and his wife repeatedly. The 2 even sent text messages demanding their tools. Then to make matters worse, the store Delivery Manager **, had also called my phone several times and also left a text message as well requesting the tools and stressing in the text the importance of the tools. These calls lasted up until around 6:45 pm or so. I at this point, had had enough! I then called Mr. ** wife (since she was the last person to call and made a request to come to my home to grab the tools) and explained to her that I have received every missed call from both herself and her husband as well as the delivery manager.

I explained to her that I was unable to answer the calls due to being in business meetings at the moment. I then told the wife that all these calls were unnecessary and highly inappropriate and that I had already told her husband that I would personally drop off his tools at the store. She then apologized and the call was ended. I finally went to the Value City Furniture store at the 5450 E. 82nd St. Indianapolis, IN. 46250 location which is the location of the delivery where the furniture came from as well as the delivery drivers employment location. Once inside the store, I politely asked the customer service agent if I could please speak with a store a manager about being harassed about the workers left tools at my home and how I felt disturbed by all of the calls and texted messages.

The customer service agent apologized for my experience and had informed me that there was no one that I could speak with regarding my experience. At that point I had dropped off the workers' tools and quietly left the store. I also noticed that there were several other employees there and 2 that were inside of 1 of the offices. Out of all the employees there, no one did anything at all. This experience was 1 of the very WORSE experiences in my entire life that I encountered with customer service. And all over left tools due to the delivery driver's negligence.

I felt harassed and bombarded about a mistake that the worker made and somehow I was made to pay for it by the rude and unprofessional behavior from the delivery manager and the workers involved. This was truly unfair and I should not have been treated this way at all. Which is truly sad because I have been a faithful customer to Value City Furniture store for more over 15 years now. And sadly to say, I will not be returning back.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I bought a dresser with this company. When we put it together one piece was broken. I called Value City to replace it. They told me I have to bring back the whole dresser which is heavy I was shocked they didn’t offer me to come and pick it up to sadtogure customers. So I’m stuck with a broken dresser who cost me $500!! Value City is not a trustworthy company and should not exist since they lied to me in the first place about exchanging for free any furniture who are broken. This is a warning for you people before buying to Value City. I will go ahead to report them to the right agency and be refunded or for them to pick up the broken dresser as I do not have a car. What happened to America?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have been purchasing furniture from Value City for over 20 years and the quality of furniture and managers have diminished. Approximately 5 months ago I purchased my granddaughter a bedroom set, dinette set along with sofa and lamp. Well, after a month the chairs continued to become loose and my husband would tighten, well I thought it was because delivery persons had not tighten properly. After tighten again and again we called and they sent a tech to check them and he tighten but stated "These chairs are no good and will report so they can replace."

Well after a couple of days and I did not hear from the store. My granddaughter and I went to the store and our salesman help us pick out another dinette set which cost a little more and seem a little better constructed. Well, after 3 weeks they delivered the wrong table (which was high and chairs were low). Instead of leaving the old set they left the set that you can't sit down and eat a meal because your chin meets the table. During the same time they sent a tech to fix the bed which was loose and he stated "The delivery person that put it together put it together incorrectly and not tight enough".

Well after calling the store the manager said she could not do anything until the delivery truck returned and she checked, well I could not understand that because at least they could bring back the old table and deliver the correct item. She then asked us to measure the table to see if we received the wrong table or wrong chairs. Well no measurement was needed. The table was not a normal high. Anyone with sense could see that without measurements. She then stated she would call back once the truck arrived back at the store. I then wanted to talk to another manager and she stated he would not be back in the store until next Monday which was 6 days later. I was really upset then and simply hung up.

After a couple of hours another supervisor called me back and remember there was no more supervisors there until Monday. He stated it was the wrong table in the box and he could have it delivered by the following Wednesday (6 days with nonfunctional dinette set) and that was the best he could do. When I asked him what about the fact that we had been inconvenienced and will continue to be for the next 6 days. He said "Oh we will credit your account $75.00." Well, we make more than 75.00 in a day and will have to take off again. He then stated, "That is all we can do!"

Well, the next day I called the 1 855 number to ask where could I make a complaint about everything I'm been through and after waiting approximately 15 minutes and the nice lady really trying to help me ended up transferring me your store Leesburg Va location which was the store we purchased from and talking to the same so called managers and them telling me, "Well ma'am you are not letting me get a word in. I am telling you I can not override the other manager giving you the $75.00 credit."

Well, he never listened to me. It's not about the $75.00 dollars but the inconvenience and being talked to any kind of way by two managers at the store over the phone. They are making it about the money, nothing in life is free and I am not asking for free, just quality furniture and quality service which I did not receive. In closing, I will NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING ELSE FROM YOUR COMPANY!!!! I was the type of customer that could have done a commerical for your company. Very dissatified. No stars.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

From the looks of your most recent reviews, it is no surprise that I received substandard service from your company today. Due to miscommunication on your company's part, I had to rush home to receive my furniture. I was told my delivery time would be between 8pm and 10pm. However, my furniture was delivered at 1pm. This gravely inconvenienced my schedule because I had to rush home from work to receive my furniture because the driver threatened to leave if I didn't make it to my home in 5 minutes. This is my second and last time doing business with your company see as my first furniture delivery in July of 2018 had the same communication issues as well. My information was taken and I was told a manager by the name Jackson would call me back and I have yet to hear from him or anyone regarding the inconvenience of what happened today. I will be canceling my credit card today and will never return to your business.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Zero stars. 000000. Last year I bought a 3pc set from Value City Furniture. Dual reclining 3 seat couch, dual reclining love seat and a rocking recliner. To say the least it’s a piece of crap. The back of each of my cushions on the couch and love seat is ripped and the cushions are exposed, the footrest don’t come out when we pull the lever on the love seat, and the middle cushion on my couch is buckled in the springs are popped so no one can sit in that spot and it’s a very bad eye sore in my living room. Not to mention the wood on the backrest is very wobbly and I think it’s broke. I don’t have much but I don’t want crap for furniture. I called Value City and they said to make a claim through the pure promise since I paid for it when I bought the set. So I did.

I apparently checked off the wrong things that was wrong so they denied my claim right off the back so I did another claim and made sure I did everything right. The guy came out within 7 days and when he did he said the footrest is missing the part to pull it open. And the set would cost more to fix than to just give me another set. So I asked him does he know if the warranty would cover it and the man specifically told me yes it would. He tells me I should hear something in 7-10 days. I waited 20 days and called them. They said my claim is denied because my couch fraying is caused over time. For one the fraying they are talking about is ripped and because of that one thing my claim is denied.

So the wood breaking happened at one time and the footrest happened at one time and the springs popped happened at one time and nothing will get fixed because they say the exposed cushions happened over time. This don’t make sense to me because they will cover if I stab up my couch and they will cover if I drop a glob of ink on it but they won’t cover damage that is caused by their workmanship. The guy who came to my house told me that the dust cover they put on the bottom of couches to keep dust out is the same exact material they used on the back of my cushions to hold them in. So in reality it was a disaster waiting to happen when I bought them. They make cheap furniture and don’t want to fix them.

Honestly I really believe they don’t want to help me because they don’t want to give me a new set like the guy said they need to. So it’s just easier to deny my whole claim. I am fighting this to the end even if it leaves me nowhere because this isn’t right for them to deny my claim for one thing when there is 4 things wrong... I would not recommend buying into this pure promise warranty. The store warranty covers more than they do and the store warranty comes with the purchase. I paid 280.00 for absolute nothing. I wish I would have seen all these reviews before I got the pure promise because I would have never wasted my money. I am gonna try and fight for these ** until I get some sort of resolution.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I bought a sectional 3 yrs ago. Had to be serviced twice in the first 2 yrs. Now the springs are poking thru the fabric. They sent someone out 2 months after reported. Service guy said they are gonna send material in mail to fix it which they did 3 months later. Then they emailed us 2 months after the parts arrived claiming they dont cover couch cushions. Well we dont have a problem with our cushions it's the SPRINGS! Dont fall for the bogus warranty. They dont live up to it!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Very disappointed with the quality of the sofa sectional that I purchased. I was told it was the "top seller". After a couple of months the cushions keep sliding off the sofa. Making it look unsightly and uncomfortable. I filed a complaint, submitted photographs and called and left several messages with the manager. No one has gotten back to me. The person I spoke to on the phone told me "tough luck". I also purchased the lifetime warranty! I am in NJ and purchased from the Rt. 22 location on Greenbrook.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I was very happy with my recent furniture purchase. The items were delivered on time and the furniture was great. 1 week later some of the buttons on the recliner would not work properly. I was not disappointed as these things happen from time to time. I called VCF customer care and explained the problem and they scheduled a service person to come over on the December 29th. No one shows up. I call VCF again and they inform me that someone did not pass along my information to the repair center and they cannot come till the 5th of January. On the 4th of January, I receive a voicemail saying the serviceman is on vacation and cannot come until the 15th of January.

Now I begin to get disappointed and call VCF again on January 4th. Customer care told me that this should not have happened and they would call me back in 2 hours and get this resolved. No one calls me for 2 days. On January 7th (Today), I called VCF again and the arrogant customer care rep tells me that my service was automatically rescheduled to the 15th and he cannot do anything about it or help me. He tells me that he does not see any notes from my last calls so he will not comment. This is very disappointing and disturbing that they treat a customer’s time with no respect. There was not even an apology. Just plain arrogance. This is my first time buying furniture for my house and Value City Furniture has seriously disappointed me.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

If I could give zero stars, I would. I have filed two separate claims about my sectional. The first claim was denied stating that manufacturer defect isn't covered in my warranty, but it is. I have copied and pasted the policy that states it is covered. When I called the warranty service center, a representative told me to resubmit my claim and mention frame damage as I am also having those issues. She also said seam separation was covered, which is also listed in the below policy. That claim was denied because the tech said it was pet damage, which is crazy considering I don't have a dog or pet. The tech also said that they would need to put a new cushion on because a zipper broke and it is fraying the back cushion. However, that isn't going to happen and he didn't fix anything.

He removed three nails/ staples sticking out of the sectional that have been cutting my children and I, then took pictures and left. He also said the tear in a seam was there when I purchased the sectional because it is where they notch the arm. Why would I ever purchase furniture if I knew there was already a tear in it?! The tech made up garbage to me and then went back and made up more garbage about a pet that doesn't exist. I have seen the 288 negative reviews on this company and the scams that are taking place with people's hard earned money. This company cons people into buying warranties and then denies the claims with garbage and made up reasons. The entire sectional is falling apart all over. I am sending this entire issue and correspondence to the FTC and BBB immediately. I used the exact language in the policy and they still denied my claims. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Bought a leather sofa and loveseat in April 2018 from American Signature in Altamonte Springs, Florida. After a few uses the furniture started sagging and one side of the loveseat goes to the floor when sitting on it. Manager claimed she could send a "leather expert" to my home to stretch the leather only as a courtesy because the furniture was sold "as is" from their discount room. A man showed up two weeks later and only took pics and said the manager would get back with me in 24 hrs. Said he was only there to take pics.

After not hearing from the store in 2 weeks I called the corporate office and Brandy talked me like she was crazy. Said not to bother going over her head and she wasn't doing anything about my complaint. I work hard for my money and should have stuck with Havertys where I would have gotten real, un-defective leather with spectacular customer service. Value City and American Signature Furniture are lining their pockets with our hard earned money by selling junk.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We bought the furniture from “VALUE CITY” and purchased 5 yrs extended warranty on our living room set purchase. It was given an impression that it is worth of money. When I had issue with my 3-seater sofa I tried to contact them and explained the issue and they said, "It will be covered under your warranty" and assigned me a claim number after uploading all the pictures of the sofa. I was under the impression that the insurance will be covered. But when the technician arrived and looked at the sofa he didn’t speak to me anything and just took the pictures of the sofa and said, "We will come back in a week to do the repair."

After couple of days I received a email saying that my claim is not covered and they find any silly reason not be replace/fix your items. I want to give ZERO STAR, WORST EXPERIENCE I EVER GOT and I will recommend the same to my friends to not to SHOP AGAIN in VALUE CITY!!! My next step is to publish my review in social media and so that it will be helpful to others and “NOT TO SHOP IN VALUE CITY”!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Me and my boyfriend bought a 3 sectional couch and a dining table before Thanksgiving 2018 for our new place. They promised to deliver it in a few days. We received the furniture. However they mislead us on the deal we got, because in our receipt it says 3 sectional couch with a swivel, but they gave us 2 sectional couch with a swivel. We considered that it was a misunderstanding from the salesperson and they revise the invoice to add the price for the additional piece of sectional couch. They said they will deliver it by the following week together with our dining set. My bf had to take a day off that day to receive it. Without notice or even a call they canceled it, and pushed it back 2 weeks! Because they said they don't have that piece (ridiculous).

Now new date for delivery is 12/13. We thought it's okay as long as we will complete everything before Christmas party for our family, and today we received the dining table and we love it! But guess what, they still dont have that piece for our couch! And we already pay our 1st month bill, without having it completely, their words are all lies! Stay away, it's our 1st home and expecting our first baby, our excitement just went down the hill because of their service. It's not worth it dealing with all their lies. We are paying completely. I hope this company at least be fair with their buyers.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I purchased the 5 year extended warranty from Value City on our couch. Frankly was given the impression it had expired after a year when they tried to solicit more money. After 3 years I was back purchasing an electric recliner for my mother (93 years old). Now I am hoping that won't look like other reviews on that item. The sales rep tried to sell this furniture insurance plan to me again and I hesitated, told her about my sectional that had had issues. She advised me warranty was still good just have to call direct.

When I called I was Put on hold to be assigned a claim number then pressed for a date when problem was noticed, didn't remember exactly so she said claim couldn't be submitted, so I grabbed an approximate date out of thin air. She put me on hold for about 20 minutes then came back to tell me it was past 50 days required to place claim in. Wasted at least an hour of time and insurance person purposely lead me down a path so they didn't have to honor contract. Waste of time and money - don't let them scam you into adding this to your purchase.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I wish I could give this company 0 stars. My fiancé and I bought a $2400 furniture set called the Big Softie on October 20, 2018. It was scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, October 31, 2018. The delivery drivers threatened to leave after 2 minutes of my fiancé not being here. When they arrived, they were throwing things on the floor and rushing around. One of the recliners (power) did not even come with a plug. The plug for the center console was shoved inside of it and could not be reached. The delivery drivers did not even hook it up. We had to call customer care and they sent a tech out the next day. He was very kind & hooked everything up correctly, but had to bring plugs with him because for whatever reason they were not provided.

At this point, we noticed how much that recliner did not look like the others. It was USED! It’s saggy and the stuffing is coming out of the sides. We call customer care again and they schedule a delivery for November 16th. The piece they brought on November 16th was WRONG. It was not power. Back to customer care we go, an associate was to “personally oversee” the delivery process. We agreed to have the piece delivered on Saturday, 12/1 so that we didn’t have to take off work (again). We never received a call for the delivery and spent 36 minutes on the phone with customer care. They did not have the delivery or the piece and now they can’t deliver it until 12/8. They only want to offer $100 off. This is the worst customer service we’ve ever experienced. They don’t care about their customers or having a good experience. I will never buy anything from here again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Sectional couch had to be repaired within 6 months. I wanted to send it back and Value City wouldn’t allow it to be returned. It has nails sticking out and the frame has been broken since the day it was brought into my house. Every time I called customer service they gave me the runaround. I talked to corporate and they told me to throw it in the garbage. I paid $3800.00 and they suggest I throw it away. I wouldn’t buy another piece of furniture from this company! I warned my sister in law not to buy from VC and she ended up with the same headaches and issues. So buyers beware.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I purchased 2 Black leather reclining sofas. Over $3400, 1 sofa did not work upon installation. I was told the piece to fix it would be sent in 2 weeks. Not here. I left msgs for Justin; no return call.

Resolution response: Oct. 22, 2018

One of the managers was great in providing an amicable resolution and I've got my ottoman delivered as well. Thanks Holly! That's how you put your customers coming back.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

It's hard to find the words to describe my displeasure with the Cheektowaga VCF location. I picked a sectional and asked the sales rep (Judy) that I was working with if the sectional and ottoman I was looking to buy would be available in the near future. She checked her tablet and let me know that both pieces are available for delivery on the upcoming Tuesday. I signed up for their credit card to pay for my purchases and asked her to confirm delivery before she submitted my request, she stated everything will be delivered on Tuesday as discussed.

Judy then processed the payment and once it went through stated Tuesday isn't available but the following Thursday is - ok no big deal. She then stated that the couch will be delivered on Thursday but the ottoman isn't going to be available until December. I'm sorry, WHAT? You couldn't tell me this information when I asked you about it twice before submitting the purchase? She went on to state that I would not incur an extra delivery fee for the separate delivery. If that is Value City's way of rectifying the situation then you need to train your reps better. It seems as if they would do anything to make a sale happen regardless of customer aggravation. Thanks for helping me make up my mind of staying away from this company for any future purchases.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Overall I’m so highly disappointed in my overall experience ever with a store. I purchased a couch from them less than a year ago. It started with delivery. I paid in full at the store and the delivery didn’t happen for OVER A MONTH. They couldn’t redirect the routes to help in assisting with my work schedule. So they kept cancelling and rescheduling on me. It happened at least three times. Next going to the store talking with a representative in customer service was below average but still It accomplished putting in a request to evaluate my couch under its warranty.

So lastly just this week, I called customer service again to reschedule an appt but we needed to have a shorter time frame because each day I do have work and school. She tells me they can’t do that. You can only schedule a day. This means on the day of the appt they can come anytime from start of business to close. A timeframe of 8am-5pm. How is that going to work for ANYONE? I live alone so it’s only myself so I can’t waste away a day waiting around for them to come look at It. The couch needs an evaluation because less than a year it’s already so indented you can visually see the dip in and It makes It so uncomfortable. No couch should have this drastic of an indentation from normal use. I’m so pissed and disappointed. I would NEVER recommend this store to anyone. If I couldn’t give it any stars at all I would.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Worst furniture/customer service ever received. Bought a kitchen table and it cracked within the first 60 days. Didn't add insurance b/c we only use the table for meals. Their delivery team didn't even bring the proper tools to install the table. My husband had to do it once he got home from work. And they were questioning me on how much I paid & if I felt like I got a good deal. Also bought a sectional with the extended warranty. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY! When originally delivered, a piece of furniture was defective. They find any excuse to try & get out of honoring the warranty. Plus, you have to contact them several times to get them to simply do as they advertise. When they finally sent someone out, their tech was very rude & disrespectful. With all the misinformation, quality of their products, disrespectful employees DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY WITH VALUE CITY FURNITURE!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I purchased a living room set 11 months ago. The stitching is coming out of the cushions already. The chat on the website is a joke. I asked them what I should do and they said, "Call your store," then disconnected the session. They could've at least given me the number. They said they come to my town on Tuesdays but can get here for 2 weeks. They better make this right. If I have to have someone else fix it I will be in court with them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My experience with Value City Furniture has been horrible. They canceled my first delivery date on the day it was due to be delivered. When they delivered my furniture, I was missing 2 pieces and had to actually fight with them to prove one piece was missing. On my THIRD delivery date, they delivered a coffee table with a HUGE CRACK covered with magic marker. Still waiting for them to replace the table, the replacement is scheduled a month out. I am missing work for these deliveries so I'm losing money. Every time I call them, I am placed on hold for 30 minutes at a time. Worst customer service ever, once you give them money, they don't care about what they deliver or how they treat the customer. Seriously, they sent me a table with a 5-inch crack covered with brown marker. NICE.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I have to say I am extremely frustrated with, and will never buy, anything from Value City Furniture again. Back in 2012 we bought a living room set. We paid extra for the extended warranty and were advised if we didn't file a claim against it, at the end of the warranty period, we could use the value paid towards another purchase. Fast forward to 2018... We went in today to buy new end tables. When we inquired how to use the value of the extended warranty we were told that the extended warranty issued back in 2012 no longer exists. It had been replaced by another program. Very deceitful. I will never buy from them again!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased a microfiber sofa sectional from the (Non)Value City on Route 40 in Baltimore Maryland. After being persuaded into purchasing the $350 Warranty, I figured I was covered. It should've been a Red Flag when my furniture was over 2 weeks Late from some "-problem in the warehouse..." - whatever that meant. So everything was ok for about 6 months. Afterwards I witness some seams coming loose on the sectional. Then one of the sofa legs comes completely OFF - from my initial inspection, it was cause by a 'rotten frame'. I immediately called the store location, and was referred to the warranty company. I called the warranty company who after 2 weeks sent a technician out for an inspection. The tech was late but eventually showed up. Took a 5 minute inspection and on his way out told me someone would reach out. The 'reach out' was a DENIAL OF WARRANTY.

They claimed the rotten frame was my fault, wth?!! I put in an Appeal - DENIED also. But this time the DENIAL took almost an Additional MONTH to get sent out. SO now I'm out a $2000 sectional with the Rotten Frame. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM NON-Value City ANYWHERE IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES - it's like Throwing Money on a Campfire.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I pay for insurance with everything that I buy from here and I regret it because the insurance company that they offer is a scam. They find any reason not to replace your items. I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT PURE PROMISE and Value City has definitely lost my business because they chose scam artists to take customers' hard earned money only to tell them anything not to fix or replace items. I ONLY GAVE ONE STAR TO BE ABLE TO LEAVE A REVIEW!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We purchased a love seat and sofa from VCF. When it was delivered to us we were rushed to sign the form and were not given a chance to see if anything was wrong with it. Right away we noticed the backside of the sofa was not even intact and staples were falling off like crazy. We called in right away to try and switch it for something else but they gave us hell about it. They claimed that once you sign the form that's it no more returns. They would keep putting us on hold and transfer us from one person to another.

It took us a whole week to finally reach the store manager and settle it. We finally switched it for a sectional. But even when the sectional was delivered we were rushed yet again to sign the paper and the guys that delivered were rude AF. The following day I was trying to move it to clean under it and the screw that connected the two pieces together suddenly fell off. That was fixable but you can tell the delivery guy rushed so the job was half assed. So in case you're thinking about stepping foot inside that store, save yourself the headache and take your business elsewhere! Poor service, poor quality, I'm surprised their stores are still running.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I would not recommend. After waiting 2 weeks for my furniture to arrive they no show. I call, and am told that the furniture is running late. I have meetings this afternoon, and need to return to work. I do not have time to greet the truck. To further compound this issue apparently they sent me a footboard instead of the nightstand that I ordered, and have been waiting two weeks for. The refund will take 5 biz days to process. Meanwhile: I don't have furniture. To say that I'm angry right now would be an understatement. I needed that furniture. How is this company still in business?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I purchased a Beautyrest Recharge mattress and a queen bedroom set from Value City Furniture (VCF) 2 1/3 years ago. The mattress is sinking in one-section and the dresser drawers will not stay closed without a sock closed in it to keep them closed. I contacted VCF about the above products and during my initial contact, I got bad warranty information, then I called back and got a BOLD-FACE LIES when my receipt said something else and the icing on the cake (Customer Service Rep. said we brought those mattresses from Simmons and they cannot tell us what to do with our mattresses), mind you they have Simmons Warranty attached to the bed; however, they are not adhering to Simmons Warranty. I told the Customer Service Rep and Jason from the Burbank Illinois location that I have parted ways with VCF. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, YOU WILL GRAVELY REGRET IT!!!

Value City Furniture Company Information