Value City Furniture
3.26/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Value City

Looking for a good furniture store?

Value City Furniture Reviews

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I went to Value City in Newport News, VA on Jefferson Ave, after being frustrated at so many other furniture stores that morning. I was just looking for a mattress set. I was met at the door by Patrick, who greeted me with a handshake and a smile. Since I was frustrated I really was not in the mood for another salesperson to follow me around the store.

Patrick was friendly, understanding, and knowledgeable. He showed me every kind of mattress that the store had and was very patient, considering how many times I changed my mind on what type of mattress to purchase. Patrick was not pushy and did not try to oversell me. He understood my budget and stayed within the quote I gave him. By time I finished I was smiling and in the best of moods. It was really a fantastic experience. I ended up purchasing a queen size mattress set and a king size mattress. I will come back to Value City again and again. If you visit I recommend that you ask for Patrick.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I recently had been shopping for a new sectional couch and decided to go to Value City Furniture as we have done numerous times in the past. The first smiling face I encountered was that of Jay **. Jay was great. He wasn't pushy but rather helpful and patient. I didn't buy that day but told Jay I would probably be back. About a month later I returned and saw Jay once more where again he was not pushy he was very pleasant and patient. It took me a bit to make up my mind and Jay gave me time to decide. Long story short...I purchased the sectional and the transaction couldn't have been smoother. If you go in the Florence, KY location ask for Jay **. You won't be disappointed. Thanks for a great experience Jay!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My delivery experience was awesome! I had a 2 hour window (8:30 to 10:30 am) and I got a call 10 minutes before their arrival to confirm they were on their way! The two guys did a fast and efficient delivery of my new dresser unit and were polite and professional! I would totally buy from the store again based on my delivery experience!

Original review: April 29, 2019

If anyone is in the market for new furniture this review is for you. For an EXCELLENT Customer Service experience please visit: Value City Furniture - Suffolk. 4300 Portsmouth Blvd, Suite 200, Chesapeake, VA 23321. (757) 292-4152 and ask for Jackie ** (that is if she doesn’t Greet you at the door). Miss Jackie is the epitome of Quality Customer Service. Her honesty, integrity, and Self Class is very Impressive. She’s extremely patient, very knowledgeable about the merchandise she promotes daily. She is also a Great Listener, she carefully listens for clue to enhance your decision making while you’re looking and test the furniture throughout the store. Miss Jackie should be cloned as she is the Model for Quality Customer Service.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Thank you Value City Furniture New Circle Rd Lexington Ky for giving a REFUND of my warranty, after the warranty didn't give me anything on my warranty. The warranty sent someone, unprofessional, that didn't have knowledge of how the warranty works. But thumbs UP, VCF, for saving me from this frustration.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I shopped for months for a dining room table. I decided to go with a 7 piece set from Value City. My husband rented Uhaul to avoid the very expensive delivery fee. When we got the table home it was broken in pieces. My husband tried to call to get a new table and to ask for free delivery since we already paid for the truck rental and the product was damaged. They would not help us at all. So now we have 7 days to return the set and get a refund. The company would rather lose an $800 sale than make their customers happy. We are going to take our business elsewhere and I will tell everyone I can to NEVER buy anything from them. I work in customer service and have never experienced such disregard. If I could give a zero rating I would!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I would give 0 stars if I could... Long story short, I am being penalized for having to use the extended warranty by paying to have it delivered because the warranty company wouldn't actually fix the problem. Nobody can help because "it's company policy" and I have to pay for delivery. It was "helpfully" explained that I signed the receipt that clearly stated this. A. That's not what I was told when I bought this warranty and B. It is NOT clear. I used to shop here all the time, and I will never do so again. It's $105. I feel confident that they can make this right, but just refuse to do so. It's a small enough amount that it actually just feels petty.

UPDATE: The team that responded to my original negative review and suggested I email them so that they could look into the issue further decided to do nothing to correct the issue by giving me a refund, but told me they were sorry I received incorrect information about the warranty but would uphold the store's decision NOT to give me my money back. They may as well have not bothered. DEFINITELY never shopping here again.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Went to purchase a sofa and chair from VCF in Mentor, OH. Salesman was earnest but unknowledgeable, eventually gave me a price quote. I came back three days later to the same salesman, only to be told (after 45 minutes) that he had given me the wrong price -- the actual price was nearly double! The store would not credit or discount my purchase despite the misinformation. I eventually purchased the set… The delivery, which was supposed to be 5-7 days, took nearly three weeks because of inflexible scheduling on the part of VCF (we are home two full afternoons each week, the company refused to commit to a delivery window when we would be home, kept rescheduling, no Saturday deliveries). Overall a time-consuming, expensive and less than satisfying experience. Would likely not purchase from this store again due to sub-par customer service (bordering on indifference) at all levels of the organization.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I am unable to understand why I do not get reimbursement for a delivery of a couch we still do not get to enjoy. I'm reasonably satisfied that we received a check for the couch itself, but we are still being charged 150 dollars for a "delivery fee" for a couch that had to be returned after 5 minutes of "attempted delivery." The CS person I spoke with, Aimee **, claimed it was company policy not to refund the delivery fee, as "delivery was attempted." Since then an online agent, Andrew, explained why it's "company policy," as someone who has worked in customer service many years and still currently has to attend the needs of clients at my law firm - I understand that customer service is everything in this business.

I have no solution for the third party delivery men, I can understand how that might be a charge VCF cannot reclaim. However, I made mention of our unusual doorway and instead of inquiring further as to the measurements of said doorway, our sales rep, "Nick" insisted that the delivery people have gotten many couches through any doorway "no problem" and we (my partner and I) were satisfied at his assurances.

Now we are at a point of no delivery refund and I was hoping someone could at least give us a partial if nothing else. As I've stated above, 150 dollars for 5 minutes of their time and efforts. I feel this is not justifiable. 150 dollars and we still have no couch from VCF. We really wanted that couch, would have enjoyed it thoroughly. This issue extended our need for furniture during a stressful move.

All we were asking was for at least a portion of that fee - if nothing else - back as money is tight enough whilst moving without complications such as these. Value City had been so highly recommended to us by family members. I'm going to make a presumption that going through a third party is some kind of money loophole for them; maybe they'd have to pay their own workers twice as much, I'm not sure. What I know for sure is that the delivery men spoke very little English and communicating with them was difficult even though I know a little Spanish myself. I suspect this is an issue of outsourcing which means highway robbery of this kind to unsuspecting customers. In the future we will be taking our business elsewhere, more customer friendly and not get shafted because of some 3rd party delivery nonsense.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

If you need furniture go somewhere else. Do not go to Value City. I ordered a kitchen table. They said it would be here October 14 then it was the 25th then it was 2 November then it was the end of December then after that I get a phone call saying my table is ready for pick up - just the table not the chairs. They set up for delivery for the chairs to be delivered. I just called and they said it’s ready for pick up. Value City has horrible customer service. They are not nice people. They are very hard to deal with. Do not shop at value city furniture in Westland Michigan.

Value City Furniture Company Information