Value City Furniture

Value City

3.9/5 (663 ratings)

About Value City

Value City Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Eric, in the customer service department, did an above and beyond job at rectifying and compensating me for a delivery issue. He was very thorough and had excellent follow through. He should definitely be compensated by Value City Furniture for his hard work and consistency.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Chris ** was the sales person who helped us. She did an excellent job. She went above and beyond to get our furniture to us in a timely matter. Excellent job Chris! We will shop there again. Thank You for everything you did.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

There are a lot of furniture stores going out of business. Value City has kept their footprint small and the quality of their furniture high. I’ve purchased all of my furniture there over the years and they never disappoint. Sometimes I go inside just to look around! I never do that with any other furniture store!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

After calling several times today I was able to connect with Armina in the maintenance Dept to get someone out here to check out my couch. It's all set to go. They plan on. Coming out on the 27th of this month. Armina had me call her back to reassure they had it covered. God bless her.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

There was very good customer service at the store I went at, workers were very helpful and nice. The furniture I purchased is very good quality too. I would highly recommend going to their stores if you're looking for high quality, reasonable priced furniture.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Furniture not even 2 years old and fabric coming apart bought protection plan and they denied claim says normal wear... Ummm no fabric is not suppose to come apart and rip in less than 2 years... stay away from the mellow furniture. Very poor quality.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I purchased a sectional from Value City. I measured my space and the elevator I thought I the furniture will fit. When the delivery guys came they called me to come down stairs. When I got down stairs they had Sofa part sitting in front of elevator. They said it’s not going to fit. I’m like they are the experts ok. I went back to cancel. I was told I‘m getting charge $299.00 for restocking fee and $189 for delivery fee. $489.00 for something I don’t have. Times are hard. How can they take from people. THEY JUST ROBBED ME! DO NOT BUY FROM VALUE CITY IN NEW CARROLLTON.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I am a 65 year old disabled Army veteran that needs a cane/walker and is hard of hearing. After buying a $10,000 5 piece bedroom set and matress/boxsprings from Value City Furniture in Kalamazoo, a date was set for the furniture to be delivered a month and a half later. The first time they showed up, I noticed the furniture was the wrong color, but the driver said it was probably just the lighting in the showroom was different and delivered it anyway.

One piece of the set was a different color, so he said they would take that back and I would have to schedule to get the right piece delivered and for them to set it up, which I had already paid for. I thought maybe he was right about the lighting, so I went to the showroom to check it out and found the items on the showroom just as I had ordered them, and that they had indeed ordered the wrong color. I talked to the manager on duty and he said that he was sorry and it wouldn't be a problem for them to get me the right color and exchange the furniture and put it together.

Value City contacted me and said it would take some time to get the right color and they scheduled another delivery/pickup for another month from then. The day before the pickup I confirmed that I would be home all day and they told me it would be between 1100am and 200pm and they would call 5-10min before they came. I live in a condo that has a porch with a front door with a doorbell on one side and a garage door with no personnel door or doorbell on the other. After waiting until 200pm with no response, I decided maybe they were running behind and I would wait a little longer. I waited until 500pm at which time I called Value City to see what was happening. After talking to the drivers the customer service girl said that they told her they were just there and nobody was there. She asked them if they could come back and they said they would. I waited until 800pm and no one showed up.

I called back the next day and they said they would have to reschedule it. This they did for another week and again after verifying the day before I would be there, I asked them to make sure the driver called so that I would know they were on their way. The day came and the driver called and I met them at the garage. He asked me where the furniture was going and I told him upstairs in the bedroom, but that they would have to remove the furniture in the wrong color that they were supposed to take back first. He proceeded to say that no one had informed him that he was picking up anything and that because of liability issues they would not be able to pick it up and take it back with them.

He was ready to leave at that point when we reached a compromise that he would leave the furniture that he brought out stacked in my garage area (It is a communal garage with spaces for the other condos) and someone would have to reschedule me for them to take away the wrong color set, bring the other set to the 2nd floor and put it together. I called Value City to again set this up and they assured me again that they were right on it and that they would get this resolved. They explained that the trucks come from the Grand Rapids store and that they contract out the delivery and it is not their employees. So now I am scheduled for another week to have them accomplish what they should have in the first place!

I decided after the last round that I would call their corporate offices in Ohio and file a complaint. I got a recorded message that the waiting time was 15 minutes so, after waiting 45min I decided to leave my number for them to call me back. This they proceeded to do at a time convenient for them, the middle of my lunch. I talked to the customer service agent as she reviewed the small novel that they had written in their computer detailing at least 25 calls and three failed pickup/deliveries. After reading this she said it looked like it was being taken care of and asked what I wanted her to do. I reminded her that this was a customer service complaint line and that, if nothing else, I needed her to file my complaint. I am usually a very tolerant and understanding person but here I am still waiting for things to be put right and to get the service I paid for upfront.

Original review: July 8, 2022

We purchase a lift chair for $999.99 and was delivered today with 2 men, they brought the chair inside our house and it's soaking wet, and the side has mud. When I told them that the side is dirty, one of the men went to our kitchen and grabbed a paper towel and dish soap and wipe the dirt. This person is very disrespectful, he didn't even ask permission, when I said that it's wet, he just responded because it raining, and I said, "Why you guys didn't covered it or just told us so we can offer you something to cover it before you bring the item inside." The person that delivered the item is very unprofessional, very disrespectful, the chair isn't cheap, I was hoping they will treat the item as their own. When I told them I want to call the store and wait for a second, they just leave and left my front door opened. I'm very disappointed with Value City Furniture Delivery service that we received today. It's HORRIBLE.

Original review: June 22, 2022

My family’s experience with Value City was absolutely horrendous! First they partially put together the bedroom furniture for my two young daughters at the store, transported the unfinished furniture to my home and FORGOT THE DIRECTIONS to complete the bedroom furniture! Oh but it gets worse… They attempt to leave the furniture at my home, incomplete, but stated that they needed to come back with the directions, BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WHAT DAY OR TIME THEY WOULD COME BACK TO FINISH ASSEMBLING THE FURNITURE! We directed them to take the unfinished monstrosity back.

I called the store to reschedule delivery and demand a partial refund because they completely wasted my time and their unprofessionalism was inexcusable. I was offered a sum that didn’t even equate to the tax paid on the furniture and get this… they felt they were doing us a favor because they were not going to charge for redelivery! Sub par service, unprofessional, unreliable delivery windows, and apathetic towards paying customers. We will never shop with Value City again! Save your time and Money!

Value City Furniture Company Information