Value City Furniture

Value City

3.8/5 (657 ratings)

About Value City

Value City Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

Walking into the Robinson Township VC store we were greeted by a salesperson Terri. I mentioned what I was looking for. She directed us to the location which had three aisles to view alone, which is my kind of shopping. We made our decision, Terri was professional and efficient in getting my order and details set up. My merchandise had a sales ticket on it. The sale ended the day before but VC honored the Sale price which made me a very happy customer. A few days later I realized I purchased the wrong size. Called the store, spoke with Nancy who had to call back as to whether Robinson store would still accept the sales price or not. Nancy called with great news! Yes, it was the store's mistake and they Stand behind it....Robinson Center Values their Customers! Made a believer out of me! I will return to Robinson Center VC for future purchases...

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Eric, in the customer service department, did an above and beyond job at rectifying and compensating me for a delivery issue. He was very thorough and had excellent follow through. He should definitely be compensated by Value City Furniture for his hard work and consistency.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2022

My fiancé and I purchase a couch with a help of Kelemework. Very professional and good knowledge about products and services. I have an excellent experience two years ago. Customer service still good. Thank you. Please keep up the good work. Yared

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Chris ** was the sales person who helped us. She did an excellent job. She went above and beyond to get our furniture to us in a timely matter. Excellent job Chris! We will shop there again. Thank You for everything you did.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

On December 6, I received a wardrobe. The next day, I opened the boxes and found two pieces broken. On December 7, I emailed regarding this situation, and I am still waiting for something to be done since that time. I gave them all the details they asked for and all the pictures. I emailed tons of emails and called a lot of times - no one doesn't care. All the time, they said they needed to reach out to the vendor to check what they could do. After a while, WHEN MY PATIENCE GOT OVER, I told them that I wanted to return the wardrobe, but the customer service said that my return window was closed. That's not my problem that you can't figure out what to do faster, I informed customer service right away.

It's almost two months since the wardrobe sitting in the middle of the room in the boxes, and they still can't figure out what to do. They can't refund the money, they can't pick up the wardrobe back, but they can offer 20% off. Seriously, would someone accept 20% off for something that is not usable? They also told me that these two broken parts MAYBE would be available in April, but they couldn't tell me this right away. They told me this after almost two months. Now they just keep ignoring me. I encourage everyone - Do not order anything from this store. Their customer service is horrible. I'll make sure to share my review on every single social media. Also, I'll hire a lawyer because you don't want to cooperate, but I will not pay for a wardrobe that is not usable.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I am making sure that everybody knows Value City should not be somewhere you want to buy if you want quality furniture. I purchased a Zara bedroom set in March of 2021. I am still fighting to get just a small exchange. When I got the furniture after spending over $9,000 for every piece of furniture was either broken, cut, chipped, scraped, damaged, sliced, some type of damage was done to it. The drawers don't even fit into the dressers. When they dropped off the furniture I immediately saw some of the damage and the delivery man refused to put it back on the truck because he was dressing his Sunday's best and he didn't want to get dirty I am assuming.

I had to go through months of begging for them to even send someone out to look at the damages that I received my furniture. Look like I purchased it from the worst dirtiest ill kept second hand store. They are dishonest and their practices are fraudulent. I live here in Michigan and purchase my furniture from the Value City in Michigan. They sent me to the Chesterfield store which is their office headquarters for all of the Value Cities here in Michigan or at least this district I was told. I went back to the store. They sent me back to Chesterfield. Chesterfield sent me back to Value City. Value City then told me to call Pure Promise because I did have insurance on the furniture.

Pure Promise states that they had no record of any damages and nothing was documented so they could not help me because it was after the 60 days that they give you but I purchased insurance that should have follow me for up to 5 years so I'm finding out that Pure Promise is also a scam. When I contacted the headquarters of Value City they apologize and said no store had any notes of even speaking with me just one record of it in 2022. So they told me to go back to Pure Promise. So again, I'm being deflected over a year and a half later for them selling me "Expensive" garbage.

If you can and if you have any type of morals, self-respect, dignity, pride or anything and if you love your money and you spend it wisely do not, I beg you do not buy from Value City. They are not worth your hard earned money. They offered to exchange my dresser. I accepted but when the new dresser came the "Driver" seen my dresser and stated that my dresser that I had was in far better shape that the one on the truck. I am totally insulted because the errors has never been corrected and today VCF headquarters advised me to to go back to Pure Promise and call another company. After a year and a half I am done fighting and losing their way. It was a total rip off.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I would start off by saying if you love your money and love your house and love your peace of mind, you will be better off by going to Gardener white or Lazyboy. Each time I have purchased something from Value city I had horrendous experience but still I kept them a chance to come clean but the people who work there are rude, dishonest and frauds. The delivery guys have an attitude of a CEO. Everyone thinks they are the boss, and if you show then their real face, they feel like they have been disrespected. They sent the wrong parts of our bed twice. Delivery guys show up at the door early instead of the given time frame and dictate that we are suppose to be at home all day no matter the time frame window, as if we dont have to go to work or have any other commitments. The people who answer the phone are the meanest people I have ever met. It is never their fault. Everything is blamed on the consumer.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

I was sold an adjustable bed frame. When I set up delivery she first checked to see if it was in stock and she said it was. Set it up for a Thursday a little over a week. I then set up delivery of my bed for Friday as I needed the frame first. Then I set up someone to pick up my old mattress the day before the frame was to be delivered. The night before I was removing my old mattress I got a call saying my frame would be delivered the next week and not when it was arranged. I said that was unacceptable and I had to have it and was told too bad it wasn’t in stock.

I called the store and she acted like she could care less and she would check it out. She never called back and when I called them back the manager was very rude and tried to tell me they couldn’t do anything because they had no control over when the manufactured delivered the frame. So someone lied to me when they told me it was in stock or the warehouse delivered it to someone else first. So I had to scramble around to find another bed frame to be delivered in 2 days. Luckily I found a reputable store whe went out of their way to accommodate me, Furniture Fair. Shop there but stay away from Value City Furniture.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Horrible furniture store, bad customer service, bad deliveries. I purchased my power recliner sofa from the Utica store and it was delivered from the Novi store, the delivery people dragged the power recliner in the truck to get it down, never thinking that this my damage the sofa, the dust liner was ripped, they scratched the back of one of recliner seat, the power cord was never delivered, I purchased this sofa on 11/9, the first delivery was scheduled for 11/16 after 3 confirmation, I was called to let me know that the sofa is damaged and it would not be delivered until 11/23, today is 11/28 and I still don’t have the cord.

When I called the store where I purchased the sofa, I was told that the Novi store delivered the sofa and I need to deal with them, after several calls to Novi Value City the delivery coordinator said that I told the driver it’s OK to mail the cord which I never agreed to, I went back to the Utica store and demanded to speak to the store manager Carl, who told me that he spoke to the Novi store and just transferred me again to them, when I told them he spoke to them to resolve the issue, they didn’t find any notes from him. I called the corporate office to speak to the district manager, I was told that they don’t have a way of transferring me to him and they will send an e-mail and he will contact me, it’s lie after lie after lie. Don’t waste your time or money buying anything from Value City.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Please make sure you do not accidentally send an extra payment and ask to have it refunded. They sent me a check for a refund and then added it on my account as a new purchase causing my minimum payment to be increased. I was then told that it would take 2 billing cycles to be fixed and I would have to pay the increased payment during that time. Like I really have extra money to pay on my already high minimum payment. I have never missed a payment or paid late. This is ridiculous.

Value City Furniture Company Information