Value City Furniture

Value City

3.8/5 (386 ratings)

About Value City

Value City Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

There are a lot of furniture stores going out of business. Value City has kept their footprint small and the quality of their furniture high. I’ve purchased all of my furniture there over the years and they never disappoint. Sometimes I go inside just to look around! I never do that with any other furniture store!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

After calling several times today I was able to connect with Armina in the maintenance Dept to get someone out here to check out my couch. It's all set to go. They plan on. Coming out on the 27th of this month. Armina had me call her back to reassure they had it covered. God bless her.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I was looking to purchase furniture for my Mom's new space. My issue was needing to have it delivered in 1-week. I worked with Chris and she was extremely understanding. She worked diligently to find something nice, in store, that met all my requirements. I am extremely thankful and grateful.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I would like to send a BIG shoutout to Chris. What a wonderful lady. She had gone above and beyond to help me. Even this morning I was not able to get to the store but wanted to purchase my ottoman. I called and she was there to help me, Chris gave me my invoice number and customer care number. All I need to do is place my order. She truly a jewel. Thanks Chris.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I worked with Tammie ** at the Value City store in Westland Michigan. She helped me out with my furniture needs and gave honest reviews of the items I was looking at. I got the best deal on a number of items and am very happy with the service of the people at the store and the quality of the furniture. I HIGHLY recommend this store!

Original review: May 15, 2022

My fiancé and I purchase a couch with a help of Kelemework. Very professional and good knowledge about products and services. I have an excellent experience two years ago. Customer service still good. Thank you. Please keep up the good work. Yared

Original review: May 12, 2022

DO NOT buy your furniture here...I paid over $4000 for a sectional and after 2 months the fabric is pilling and look horrible. I called and spoke with CC who identified herself as a manager (she is a lead receptionist) and she told me she would allow me to get a in store credit but not a refund. I asked to talk to the store manager who she told me is not working (she then put me on hold). 30 seconds later JJ identified himself as the store manager (he is the warehouse manager) and told me I could get a in store credit. I asked who the owner of the place was and he got Christine on the phone. Christine told me JJ is not the store manager but she is.

JJ and CC first told Christine they never told me I could get a store credit but after I called him out on speaker phone he now admitted he did tell me this. Christine now tells me she will not allow JJ or CC to give me a in store credit because it is against their policy. Christine's exact words were "No, I would not be happy with the couch you have and its issues". Yet, no refund or store credit. PLEASE DO NOT BUY HERE!

Original review: April 22, 2022

I order a $200 bed because when I was moving my bed broke. I just wanted something for a year long because I will be moving again. I order the bed Feb20 and they told me I will get it by the 16 of March. They send me a email to tell me that they change the delivery date. I trash my old bed I was managing. It wasn't deliver. I called them and they said that the delivery was changed without letting me know. The 20 came and same thing happened. Change it to April 4 and still no bed. I called them and they will make you feel like you had known that how their delivery work. I have to get some from Amazon which came in three days. If I Knew, I could had gotten it from amazon. Still trying to get my money they keep acting like it not my money. This why many people prefer to go amazon first. Learn my lesson. They don't have zero star that why I give them one but honestly, they don't worth it.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I purchased a dining room set and one of the chairs broke. I called to have it fixed or replaced. The service was horrible. You can’t get anyone to answer. When they do they don’t care about you or your furniture. Took forever to have someone come out to fix. When the repair tech showed up he could not fix. Said he would order us a new one. Never heard from anyone so we followed up and they tell us they need to now pick up the chair and bring it to the shop. They will not replace. The unpleasant and unprofessional claims manager Sylvester told me it they're right to do in shop repair. He was extremely unhelpful and lacked any customer service skills. Ok so the pickup is a week out and once they get it. Takes 7-14 days to get a response. DO NOT BUY from them. Once they have your money they do not care about you.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I purchased a dining table and 2 bedroom sets from Value City in Greenbrook, NJ with a 5-year protection plan hoping if something goes wrong they could fix it. We had some issues with chairs and called Value city, after rescheduling their visit twice their technician came and evaluated the bed set and chairs, he mentioned that they need to repair and fixed and that he was unable to do.

A week later I called back to check up on technician visit and I was told there was nothing the Value city could do and I should buy a new set of chairs and bed. I mentioned what’s the point of buying a protection plan? They were not willing to hear what I had to say and once they hung up on me. I ask to share the technician report but they refused to do that. Very poor customer service and unprofessional staff to deal with. They only care about selling you their poor quality furniture. I would not recommend them at all as they were not willing to listen and help the customer. I would rate their customer service and support very unprofessional. I give them less than one star rating.

Value City Furniture Company Information