Value City

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have 1 couch and it cost $699.57. I paid $458.00 and now they tell me that since I'm out of my window, so now they are taking half my payment, talking about now it's considered rental. But they told me that it was an appr of 455... not 45% a month. So now they are saying I owe $417 more dollars in which I should only owe $241.57. This was from the Value City on 33377 Van Dyke Ave., Sterling Heights, MI 48312. If you are smart you will not use their services. It's a ripoff.

We bought sectional a year ago and noticed little damage on fabric. Called Value City Furniture and they send technician who took pictures. Couple days after they give me phone number of warranty company telling me that since I purchased extra protection they will be able to help me. They send their technician who took pictures and told me that he is going to order fabric and come back to fix it. Instead of having someone to fix it I received letter saying that fabric failure is not covered under warranty. It is manufacture failure and no one is responsible for it. I will never buy anything from VCF.

I purchased a living room set that was too large for the room. When I went to address exchange it, at that time and only that time, was I informed of $280 restocking fee. The manager told me I should have asked about it and to read my receipt. The manager also told me they can't go over all policy and return information. Not the answer I was was expecting. Money wasted for me.

This is to let everyone know not to shop at Value City Furniture. I bought a sectional and recliner in November of 2016 and still can't get them to replace or refund my money. Called the bank and filed a dispute and that has got me nowhere. This furniture was 6 weeks old. It's a joke!!!

I buy all my house furniture from them before 2.5 years and before one year, one of the bed broken, I go to Gurnee store 4 times and they told me that they will contact me to solve the problem and they not. After 8 months they give me a solution, guess what they give me. 90 dollars to fix my broken bed and that's it!!! I told you they are liars and thieves.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City?

I brought a table and chairs and got home, no screws. Called back and let them know thinking I can go get them the next day, but no it took them a whole week, then get the screws home. Not the screws for the chairs at all. Not the size or nothing so they just gave me anything and it took them a week to give me the wrong stuff, so called again. Was told they going to call me when they have them ready for me to pick up, still not screws and no call. Just won't buy nothing from them again.

I ordered a bedroom set at the end of April or beginning of May 2017. Their computer wouldn't print out the documents, therefore I was informed someone will call me (have yet to receive that call). I received a letter stating my account was approved through Fortiva. I started making payments. My pickup date was 5/25/17. My husband went to pick up the merchandise, and he was told they never ordered it because I didn't sign the application. I went to the store, they told me the same thing, then they called Fortiva. Fortiva informed them that payments were made and why was the application sent if the customer never signed it. There was no explanation, no apology, NOTHING. She gave me my refund and told me Corporate would send the rest. Now that leaves my daughter without a graduation present. I'm really Surprised at VCF and let down.

Purchased what was described as leather sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman. I was highly recommended that I purchase the warranty and I did. I also used the protector on the chairs. When the chairs began to peel, I contacted the warranty company to find out my chairs were not leather. I then went back to the Value City store in Newport News, VA to be told there was nothing they could do. My next complaint was a refund of my funds for the warranty that was not applicable to my purchase and I conceded. My once beautiful chairs are truly embarrassing.

I purchased a sectional sofa from Value City Furniture located in Alexandria Virginia. After having the furniture for several weeks I noticed whelps, rashes, swelling, itching, and sneezing after sitting on the sofa. In reviewing the sofa Construction materials I noticed it contained 90% of polyurethane foam. Polyurethane foam can cause cancer and from breathing in the fumes within the material.

I contacted Value City Furniture for a refund, and instead they tried to send me a duplicate replacement sofa. After refusing the duplicate replacement sofa, and returning the original sofa to Value City Furniture, I have been trying to get a refund on my Discover card but almost $3000. I have been unsuccessful in working with Value City Furniture and with Discover card. Beware of Value City, and by all means do not use Discover card for any of your financial dealings. If you visit the web page of the consumer financial protection bureau you will find hundreds and hundreds of complaints regarding Discover card. Buyer beware.

First time customers! They promise us the furniture we were purchasing would hook together (5 pieces, 3 for sofa and 2 for love seat) After waiting almost 3 months to receive the furniture paces and multiple trips to the store after receiving a call saying our order was in (which it was still on back order and not there), phone calls, and then doesn't fit together! Leave work to meet their guy who can't fix it at my home. Wait for Mike the manager to call me (never received a call). I call and he tells me he will call me the next day. (No call) A week+ later still no call (today 5/4/17). I call. Mike gives me multiple excuses about how their delivery truck is down. (Not my problem and don't know what that had to do with my furniture not hooking together) Mike says he will call me in two hours with a solution. (Never called. I waited an additional 30 min) I call corporate who directs me right back to him.

Mike informs me to come in to find something that will work and BOOM here comes the rape! He wants me to give him an additional $700+! Then Mike treated me like I was trying to get over on him! I would have been content had they given me pieces that had fit together like promised! Absolutely unprofessional! Mike should not be in management he has no customer service whatsoever! Never have I ever been treated so badly for something that was not my fault!

We ordered our furniture in March 14th for our move in May... Needless to say our bed came on time, however it was installed incorrectly. One piece of our sofa came and the Ottoman came. However one section was missing. No one EVER informed us that the other piece was on back order even though we were guaranteed that the furniture would be here. What a waste! The customer service is horrible. Rudest most smart mouth people ever always answer the phone. I absolutely HATE that I chose this company to purchase furniture from. Hate it!!! I'm thinking of sending everything back and just canceling the order... What a waste!!! Oh and mind you we're paying for furniture we don't even have yet!!!

Purchased a leather sectional for $3200 then paid 495 for the extended warranty. The framing over the past few months had failed in the back parts of the recliner. Their remedy is to fix or replace. Their idea of fixing is to take a pry bar and bend the weak frame into place, however the framing that was failing was wood and is busted. They closed the repair out as fixed!!

I called back in to them to let them know nothing was fixed and that we were getting ready to move in a week. They said they'd get someone on it in a rush. The night before we move nothing was done and they won't look at it while it is in storage. Again, they said they try to fix it and may have to wait on parts which could take up to 2wks after looked at for the second time. Buyer beware!! This warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. Not to mention the quality of Value City is total junk!! And to think that I was told the whole frame was steel! Not!! I had offered to send them pics, but they refused. That wasn't good enough.

They always looked out for me & treated me like they cared. I even needed a lounge chair box & without questioning my reasons they gave me a box. I love my furniture that I brought. I will grade them with 10 stars & 100% care for their customers. Thank you for an awesome experience. I will continue giving them my support & business???

I went to the Value City store in Hbg Pa to buy a sofa. I purchased the sofa that day and was never told the sofa was out of stock and was lied to about the delivery the next week. Since they said they could deliver my sofa so fast I paid the $90 delivery fee instead of getting a friend to pick it up in their truck. I also paid a $40 fee to pay it in installments after I was told there were no hidden costs to do so. That was a month ago, I have been told twice that my sofa was being delivered and yet no one shows up?? I've missed work and lost income, much needed income, waiting for this sofa. The mgr. at the store is always too busy to get on the phone when I call and the delivery mtg. just keeps lying to me about when the sofa is coming and why yet again, it isn't delivered again. Never buy anything from this store, it's a waste of money because you never get your furniture and now I'm out over $500 for a sofa that cost $350.

I purchased a sectional from Value City Furniture Store in 2012 in the half price section and was assured that it was genuine leather. After about a year it started peeling, the recliner was malfunctioned within the first month. I reported this to them but was reminded that the purchase was as is, 3700 dollars later one part of the sectional is completely peeled, and I am very embarrassed when I have company, and I am now unemployed. They did assure me that this sectional was genuine leather. Something should be done about these people for defrauding people out of their hard-earned money. I will always tell my friends not to buy anything from Value City Furniture.

I went in the store and purchased a sofa/loveseat combo that advertised for $629.99. I paid for the furniture, warranty ($129.99), and delivery ($149.99) in full. When I got in to my vehicle, I took a moment to review my receipt. I noticed that I was overcharged for the furniture $699.99. I went back in and notified them, and they were friendly enough and processed my refund that came to me in three days. Fast forward nine days to delivery day of my furniture: the delivery guys showed up with only my sofa!! They called the office and the office told them to let me know that they would deliver the other piece on the following day!

I was very upset due to the fact that this company had over a week to get my order together, which didn't happen; secondly, the company didn't even have the common courtesy to give me a call to let me know that they didn't have my piece of furniture. Thirdly, after I called them, the only thing that was offered was that I could take the sofa, take delivery of the loveseat of the following day, and a partial refund on the delivery. UNACCEPTABLE!! This is bad business, and now that I have read Consumer Affairs, I'm really wishing I had taken my business elsewhere. There aren't too many good reviews on the list...

I am so disgusted with the purchase of a warranty agreement that means nothing when you have need to use it. My sectional has a sunken hole in the recliner and leather is turning orange to which they are telling me those things are not covered in the warranty. The personnel is so rude and had the nerve to explain to me what the word exclusions meant. I'm looking for a new sectional but I will never go to VC again nor let any child or relative waste good money.

Please don't buy the Seaside Twin Bed - White - SKU#1557238 - $329.99. The bed rails are made of "pressed wood" or "particle board". After 3 years of mild, appropriate use, one of the rails snapped. VCF was no help at all. Even my negative review was deleted from their website.

I bought this couch two years ago. Now it is falling apart. I called Pure Promise to fix it, but they will not. I essentially wasted 130.00 on nothing! I will never buy another piece of furniture from Value City Furniture (all junk) and Pure Promise will never see a dime (a sham).

Unnecessarily rude! I never even got hateful with them! All I asked was for the things that were covered by my warranty be fixed and because it happened 15 days ago it can't be! I was never told I was supposed to call that day it happened! Sorry I have 3 kids and a life and haven't had time to get around to it until now! They got rude with me before I even had a chance!! I told her "thank you" when I got off the phone and she said "yup" and hung up on me!!!

Had issues with products, when we spoke to Shaun who was suppose to be a manager he was rude and no help at all. In his words (Not Our Problem)!!! My husband and I have purchased 2 living room suites from Value City and I recommended to my daughter, will never recommend or buy another thing from Value City!!!

After waiting forever for our delivery chair arrived and within 5 days entire back cushion collapsed! After many phone calls requesting a refund of money and refund of additional funds for bogus warranty we were finally able to convince them to pick up the chair and we were issued an unwanted store credit which did not even include the value of the warranty purchased on this chair and ottoman. We do NOT want to purchase any other item at Value City and they refuse to give us a refund for our full amount which was paid in full at time of the purchase. This store is a rip off. The quality of their furniture is horrible and their sales ethics even worse.

My husband and I went to the Value City in Greenwood Indiana on February 26th 2017. We purchased for bar stools, a bed set and mattress. Well we went to another place and found a better bed so I called Value City right away and ask them to refund the mattress. The mattress itself was $499.99 so I got my refund a few days later on February 28th 2017 $406.58. Not even the price of the mattress so I called to inquire about my refund and they said it was because my purchase no longer qualify for free delivery and that they were charging me $119.99 to deliver my items. I think this is very poor business. Very unsatisfied and things need to be reviewed because to me this is a rip-off. I don't even get the full purchase of the item I ordered so why should I have to pay their price that they have on their sticker? I should be able to choose the price I want to pay if they can choose the refund they want to pay.

I purchased the 5 year NO WORRY Comprehensive Service Agreement on a sectional sofa at Ashley Furniture in Fairless Hills, PA. I was told at the time it would cover all issues with the furniture. I purchased the sofa in May 2015 and the zero power recliner is falling apart. The frame is now in the cushion and it is caving in on one side. I was told this was not covered under the warranty for which I paid $159.95, and it was considered wear and tear. I was contacted by a customer service manager and they are agreeing to send someone out to investigate my complaint. I'm not holding my breath!!

I went to buy some furniture (lamps, nightstands, bed frames, dresser, chest) from Value City, Glen Burnie, MD on Feb 12, 2017. The order was supposed to be delivered on Friday, 2/17. On the delivery day, only lamps show up, and that too a defective one. I had talked with both the store and delivery center but couldn't figure out what was wrong. They said they were working on the delivery and asked me to wait the whole day. That evening, they changed plan and switched delivery date to next Tuesday.

After many phone calls, they agreed to deliver it on Saturday. But guess what, they brought some defective furniture. We had to reschedule delivery on the next Monday. They didn't show up and changed the date to Wednesday. They called to confirm the delivery a day before, but on the delivery date, they did not show up. Neither did they bother to let us know. I took a leave at my work and stayed at home waiting for them. I looked online to track my order, and they had switched the delivery date to next Friday. I called them and they were not at all supportive.

When I was talking to them, they again postponed the delivery date to next Saturday. They say they can do nothing to deliver our furniture. They had even confirmed that they will definitely deliver and did not bother to let us know that their plans changed. Now they say, they do not have furniture at their store at all. They made me take a leave on Friday, the 17th and today, Wednesday. They don't even bother to compensate. Previously, we had faced the same issue, but we just ignored their carelessness. But, since they repeated the problem, I couldn't stop myself from writing a review for this terrible company. And when you talk to them on phone, they are rude. The customer service provided by this "Value City Furniture" is the worst I have ever faced.

I am not rating my furniture, because after 1.5 months of waiting, I still have not received my order. It was confirmed to be delivered tomorrow and I'm now told that it will be another 1.5 months. So I will essentially spend 3 months paying for furniture that I don't have. When I spoke with customer service, they offered free shipping, which is nice, but no explanation of the delay or even an apology. This is a garbage company that I will never buy from again.

I just want to let someone know that the employees at Value City furniture on Secor road in Toledo, OH are terrible at customer service! These employees called me a total of 7 times on top of sending emails to remind me to make a payment several days BEFORE my bill was due. When I came in on my payment date to make a payment, the employees were extremely rude to me and gave me a lot of trouble trying to make a payment. They do not need to call me repeatedly without even giving me a chance to make or miss a payment, and not only will I not be coming back for more furniture, I also fully intend to let the store come and take their furniture back, I'll be going elsewhere for my furniture needs!

The warranty is designed to deny your claim from the onset. Our sales rep misrepresented it in every way and convinced us to purchase. From the moment you call them with a claim, they start the process of disclaiming and finding ways to void it. The warranty is specifically designed for this purpose. In our case, the pet stain was removed, but the odor still existed. Guess what? The warranty only covers the stain - what? It's a pet accident and they know it. Don't let the salesman tell you - "pet accidents are covered". Wrong. Second, our couch began to sink in the middle. The warranty is designed so that if the "sinking" didn't occur from a single event (read the warranty), then you didn't report it timely, so they are not responsible? So I have to drop a piano on it all at once and be sure to call within 15 days to get you to cover a very poorly made product that you promised to cover? It's a scam. Deny, Deny, Deny. That's the policy.

My boyfriend and I drove two hours to purchase a bedroom and living room set. We were in the store for 35 minutes, found what we wanted to purchase but within that time frame not one salesperson acknowledged us to see if we needed help or anything. One sales person walked by us twice without saying a word. Needless to say, we didn't purchase anything from them since the sales persons working weren't concerned. We will never go there again. First impression is everything.

Value City and acceptance now are ripoffs. I had purchased in cash a sofa. Within 60 days the thread started to unloosen. In addition, I had financed a bed, mattress for myself and bed and mattress for my child. Upon delivery I was not totally satisfied of the quality of the furniture. It DID not look exactly as in the showroom, however, it looked nice in my home. As days went along, I saw my daughter's bed was ripped; couch thread is coming a loose and my king mattress thread is unraveling around the perimeter of the mattress. Called value city a couple of weeks ago to complain, they sent a technician out and he agreed the furniture is not in great shape and he had received several complaints from other customers regarding the quality of my furniture and it needs to be replaced/Repaired. The tech informed me value city will call me in a few days with instructions.

I should mention, the location is located in falls church, va. I specifically picked this location because I felt I would have a great customer service experience, boy was I wrong. This place preys on people looking to finance so they can rip them off. "Maha" from their customer service department called me and advise I can come pick out a new couch, my daughter's bed rails were ordered for replacement, however, they cannot replace the 60 days old mattress. I was instructed to cut the thread around the mattress.

At this time, I am concerned of their customer service abilities and how they do not strive to keep customers happy. I am not cutting any thread from a brand new mattress, literally threads were coming out the entire perimeter and tip of the mattress and I do not have time to cut nor want to, which could lead to other issues such as holes and tears. Maha told me she would give me a discount. No I want the new mattress, I had ordered, not a discount. I had asked for the manager, he came over to introduce himself, listened to my concerned, then pulled by another customer. He never came back and left me standing there for 45 minutes.

I went to the acceptance now office and spoke to emily and she informed me she would inquire that I can return the mattress with them; she got back with me the next day and told me her manager "porsha" said I cannot return the mattress only, I need to return my entire order, I found this unheard of and asked to speak with the district manager chris **. Chris called me back after several days later to tell me acceptance now has nothing to do with the quality or warranty of the furniture to go back to value city to demand help.

As of now no help or resolution has taken place after 3 weeks of going back and forth with no results and I owe acceptance now a payment for furniture I am not happy with. I am reaching out for legal advice. Acceptance now has these crazy terms. If you are a day late, a late fee with be charged. They have me at their mercy and they are not willing to help. I DID not want to return my entire order but obviously considering it, however, my daughter will be disappointed. Acceptance now and value city need to be shut down, they prey on disadvantage customers and consumers have rights.

Value City Furniture Company Profile