2. Homeowners

Value City

3.4/5 (271 ratings)

About Value City

Value City Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City?

Original review: May 22, 2021

I worked with Tammie ** at the Value City store in Westland Michigan. She helped me out with my furniture needs and gave honest reviews of the items I was looking at. I got the best deal on a number of items and am very happy with the service of the people at the store and the quality of the furniture. I HIGHLY recommend this store!

Original review: April 11, 2021

Sherry **, was friendly, professional. She assisted me in finding the best bedroom set, I ever purchased. I also purchased the mirror. She gave me her number to call in case I had any issues with my purchase. She is a great asset to the Value City Furniture Corporation. She should be commended for her due diligence.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I purchased 2 sofas on November 2nd. They told that they would be delivered on December 30th. I went into the store on December 12th. They told me that my sofas were available and would be delivered on December 30th which I was told. I asked if I could get them earlier. They said yes if I picked them up. The date was December 23rd for pick up. Now I just received a call from Ann ** who was ready to take my cursing out and all of my verbal abuse which I didn't get to because she was very very nice to me.. So with that being said Value City needs to make sure that they communicate better with their customers because we pay the bills...

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I have not purchased furniture in over 20 years. So I was over due. I was excited to buy new furniture, however due to the Corona virus the delivery was extremely delayed. The furniture however was exactly what I wanted so I am willing to wait. The sales representative was very helpful as well as the service desk.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

We live in the age where one has to be very careful who they associate with or let into their homes. My delivery guys were named Brian H. And Terrence. Let me tell you, these guys were the most professional people that I have ever dealt with. Their mannerisms and concern was above and beyond all that I could ever ask for. Thank you Value City Furniture for hiring guys like Brian and Terrence. I was not fearful at all to have them in my home. They were very nice polite and courteous. And I had no complaints. I hope the next time I buy furniture, you send Brian and Terrence to deliver it to me. Thank you value city furniture.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I bought a sofa from VCF with the extended warranty and paid for the warranty separately. I filed 2 claims well within my warranty timeframe (claim:rat chew part of the cloth) and they rejected it saying they don’t cover pet damage.. who keeps rat as pets.. they just didn’t want to replace it. Second was liquid spillage on sofa and they rejected it saying they don’t cover anything which is more than 15 days old, the problem is while submitting the claim it didn’t even give me an option to pick less than 15 days so how can I select it. I asked them if they can fix the date on their end if I can try submitting it again, to which their service agent replied that it will be considered as duplicate and fraud if I open a new claim for the same issue. Please people, It’s a fraud so don’t get into that trap.

Original review: April 25, 2021

Absolutely horrible customer service... Ordered furniture to be there by Christmas... 3 weeks late... then wrong color... was told I’d get the correct one by March... here we are end of April and I’m still waiting! You guys SUCK.

Original review: April 24, 2021

Sherri was an awesome and knowledgeable salesperson. She helped me through the entire process. She is an asset to this company. I would also like to mention Carmen who helped with the leasing arrangements.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I never leave reviews, but I wanted to leave a review for this product because I wish someone had warned me against it. This couch is really gross. The cushions have no structure, and it's like sitting on a deflated beach ball. At least 20 to 30 feathers come out of the cushions each day, and when you sit on it, the pointy feathers poke out and are very uncomfortable. The pillows and cushions never stay in place and flop around everywhere. When we sat on the one in the store it seemed so nice to cuddle up on, and we didn't see any of those issues at all. So we got one, in a more expensive custom color, only to get it delivered and find out it was horrible.

I'm 6 months pregnant and I sometimes prefer just to sit on the floor. It also looks really bad. It's like a giant eye sore. I could have spent this money on any other couch and it would have been better. We are so disappointed. It's disgusting. We are trying to pay it off quickly so we can just get rid of it and start over with another couch.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Ben, Mrs. **, Ruth and Donna were very helpful, polite, friendly and very patient with me. Store was very clean. Everyone had they mask on, I was very satisfied with the service. I really appreciated that.

Value City Furniture Company Information