Value City Furniture
3.48/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Value City

Looking for a good furniture store?

316 Value City Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 4, 2019

I purchased a sofa bed from Value City Furniture in Green Brook, NJ. The bed is approx 1' shorter on either side as the sofa itself. This has created a 'void' where there's no bed below either end of the sofa. When you sit you feel the frame of the bed and the cushions sink into the 'void'. I've had the service department out and they are at a loss for how to repair this. I've gone back and forth with the service department about this and their answer is to send me new cushions. This will not fix the problem. The store will not return the sofa due to the fact that I had custom fabric put on it. If I was told in the beginning that this would be a problem I would've never purchased this particular sofa. Now I'm out $2000.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I recently purchased some furniture from Value City Furniture, and the delivery people were over 45 minutes late on the day of delivery. They tried to shove a huge couch through my hallway and staircase. Scratching off my hardwood stairs and the walls. Forcibly trying to make it fit. The woman in the group told me all about her female problems. It was all a horrible experience. When I contacted the manager of the store, He told me to get an estimate for the repairs and it would be taken care of.

The next day I got an estimate and waited. The claims department called me and said that it would be handled in 72 hours. I waited for days and no one contacted me. When I called them they did not return my phone calls. I contacted the store manager again. He then had them call me. They asked me to bring them another estimate to compare. So I got another estimate, and it’s been eight days and I haven’t heard a thing. I’m at my wits end with all the damage done to my beautiful home and my brand new floors and paint job. I will be contacting my attorney soon. I don’t know why they would hire such delivery people that are so incompetent. I will never do business with Value City Furniture again!! Very Very horrible experience.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Horrible purchase experience. Actually I've filed a complaint about this purchase before and after realizing this transaction and the warranty purchase was a scheme I more or less decided to cut my losses. However this morning I'm reminded of my disgust because the loose sofa bed frame is now weakening the entire sofa's frame.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I ordered a reclining couch and chair on March 11, 2019. I paid in full online. The first delivery date when ordering was March 28th. The next day I checked on my order and it changed the delivery date to April 3rd. A week before delivery I received an email asking how I was enjoying my furniture. I called the store to make sure they didn't deliver my furniture elsewhere, and they giggled it off and said they were not sure why I got that email, and that my delivery was set for April 3rd. April 2nd, I received a call from Value City stating that I would be getting my delivery between 10am-1pm. At 2:22pm they called me back stating that they didn't have my furniture, and they weren't able to deliver. I checked online and my order stated that the order was ready for delivery. I contacted the corporate office, since I was told that my furniture would be delivered and I did throw my couch out that night for trash pickup the next day.

They said it was human error, and that there wasn't anything they could do but offer me 10% off. I told them I have a family of 5, and I don't have any furniture and they were just so rude, and unempathetic about it. I spoke with three different people and all of them did nothing about this. Like I told them, they don't care since they already were paid for the furniture. I told the last person I spoke with that I was going to contact the BBB about how they are conducting business and he told me, it doesn't matter, I'm the one who responds to those complaints anyways. I will never ever buy furniture from Value City Furniture again. I have waited almost a full month, and they still can't seem to deliver on customer service, or when it comes to organizing a simple couch delivery.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I had a very nice experience selecting my furniture but the process of arranging for delivery has been awful. I had two different people calling on two different days with two different delivery periods. As a consequence of the first call informing me of the afternoon delivery, I rearranged my work schedule just to be informed the next day that the delivery will happen in the morning. The delivery scheduler then proceeded to inform me that there's no record of the first call essentially calling me a liar. Very rude, inconsiderate and disrespectful service. I canceled my delivery as I do not trust that this company stand behind their product with such poor quality of delivery service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Value City?

Original review: March 21, 2019

This is my first time making a purchase from this company. Get home from work and sit down in my new sofa, lift up leg rest and then go to lower and it stops moving. So I call and ask if someone can assist and they tell me it will be over a week until they can come fix. I am paying good money for the furniture and delivery and it is very disappointing to say the least to have to wait such a long time to get a brand new piece of furniture fixed. I work in the service industry fixing machines and if we install one which ends up having an issue we come out the next day or two to fix the problem. Obviously VCF could care less because they didn’t even apologize for my inconvenience. I was hoping to buy quite a bit of new furniture when I move into my new house but I sure wont be using them again.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We bought a leather looking reclining sofa, and 10 months later it has a rip in the back. The service guy came out and put something on the rip and used a lighter on it. It looked like someone had smeared magic marker on the rip. We told them we aren't happy about that, so they picked the sofa up and said they would have it fixed and return it to us in a week, but now a week later they say they can't deliver it back to us for another 2 weeks. Poor service, and poor quality furniture. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I gave it one star because I had to. This is the worst place to purchase furniture, we purchased a sofa set for $2,000 and they only lasted about 20 days or so. We sent a claim and they kept sending us back and forth. You see these people are super nice when getting you to purchase things but once you come to complain or have a problem they are the rudest. Not only did they say it wasn’t their problem but they still refused to replace it or even come take a look at the problem. They said we just have to purchase the sofa all over again because there was nothing they could do about it. Worst place ever, worst customer service. Please save yourself the trouble and do NOT purchase from this place.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I spend over two thousand four hundred dollars on a beautiful living room sofa set. Set only lasted a year a so, very poor quality. There are only two male adults in this house, no kids, no animals. Springs below cushions broke, lounge chair is broken Frame on bottom. Next time I will go back to Ashley where I never had this issue before, don't purchase from them.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I just recently purchased some furniture items from Value City to be delivered to my home as I have done several times in the past. Which I have had pleasant experiences each and every time. Which is the reason that I have remained a loyal customer over the years. However, my recent experience, was a horrible one. I should caution you, this story is going to be a long one!

On the day of my delivery, there were 2 gentleman who came out and delivered and set up my furniture. They seemed to be professional and performed their job with ease. When the job was complete, the 2 gave me the electronic pad to sign my signature as well as the website to rate my experience. As the 2 left, I noticed that 1 of the workers had accidentally left his tools at my home. So I stayed at my home for about 20-30 mins after, with the intention that they would return to retrieve the left items. When that did not happen, I gathered the workers' tools and placed them in my car to personally return them to the Value City store location in which the furniture came from. I had also made a call to the furniture store and explained to a customer service agent that I would be returning some tools to the store today after a worker had left them behind.

The agent asked for my address and told me that this would be ok. Well about 45 mins. later when I was already back at my job, I had noticed that I had received 2 missed phone calls and a voicemail message from the delivery worker **, stating that he had left his tools and asked if he could return back to my home to grab them. After hearing the message, ** had called yet again for the 3rd time. I Answered the call and had then explained to the young man that I had already returned back to work and had informed him that I had his items and that I would personally return the items to the store myself out of convenience.

Well that must not have been good enough because he then states in a sarcastic manner, "OK, you are back at work and I am right by your house." I then told ** that I understand that he had left his tools at my home due to his negligence however, I also, have a job to do and that I had to return back to work. He then tells me again sarcastically, "Well those are my tools and I need them in order to do my job"! Although his sarcasm seemed rude and extremely unprofessional, I again proceeded to tell him, yet again, that I will drop off his tools to the store after the time I get off work at 4:30 pm.

So after around 5:30 pm, I started to receive calls from the delivery driver and his wife repeatedly. The 2 even sent text messages demanding their tools. Then to make matters worse, the store Delivery Manager **, had also called my phone several times and also left a text message as well requesting the tools and stressing in the text the importance of the tools. These calls lasted up until around 6:45 pm or so. I at this point, had had enough! I then called Mr. ** wife (since she was the last person to call and made a request to come to my home to grab the tools) and explained to her that I have received every missed call from both herself and her husband as well as the delivery manager.

I explained to her that I was unable to answer the calls due to being in business meetings at the moment. I then told the wife that all these calls were unnecessary and highly inappropriate and that I had already told her husband that I would personally drop off his tools at the store. She then apologized and the call was ended. I finally went to the Value City Furniture store at the 5450 E. 82nd St. Indianapolis, IN. 46250 location which is the location of the delivery where the furniture came from as well as the delivery drivers employment location. Once inside the store, I politely asked the customer service agent if I could please speak with a store a manager about being harassed about the workers left tools at my home and how I felt disturbed by all of the calls and texted messages.

The customer service agent apologized for my experience and had informed me that there was no one that I could speak with regarding my experience. At that point I had dropped off the workers' tools and quietly left the store. I also noticed that there were several other employees there and 2 that were inside of 1 of the offices. Out of all the employees there, no one did anything at all. This experience was 1 of the very WORSE experiences in my entire life that I encountered with customer service. And all over left tools due to the delivery driver's negligence.

I felt harassed and bombarded about a mistake that the worker made and somehow I was made to pay for it by the rude and unprofessional behavior from the delivery manager and the workers involved. This was truly unfair and I should not have been treated this way at all. Which is truly sad because I have been a faithful customer to Value City Furniture store for more over 15 years now. And sadly to say, I will not be returning back.

Value City Furniture Company Information