1.08/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rocklin, CA

Looking for a good furniture store?

American Furniture Galleries Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I have purchased living room set on 10/03/2019. Was told that items are in stock and will be delivered 10/10/2019. After taking a day off from work and waiting all day I called to ask where my furniture is. Christine at customer service asked if I received call with window time. When I responded with negative answer she told me that ottoman is in Arizona and I might get delivery 10/24/2019 if all items are there. She was rude and obnoxious. It sounded like I was supposed to know that this is the way it works. I got rid of my old furniture to make room for new furniture, have guests from out of town and we are sitting on a floor. In my life I have never been hung out to dry like this. I will never buy anything from this outfit again and will make sure my friends, family and people I know will not either. John

Original review: March 14, 2019

Buying things from them is not so bad. Save yourself the trouble of having it delivered. It won't happen. Two calls to customer service day of delivery. First was to find out why they had not shown up with first delivery window, I was told due to snow from the day before, it would be later. The second call was to find out why they had not shown up during the second delivery window. I was told that they had tried to call and there was no answer. My cell has been in my pocket so I could receive the call. While I am on the phone with them getting this information, my phone beeps through. Someone else from their department was leaving me a message saying they had knocked on my door and there was no answer, so I have to reschedule. There is a person sitting in my living room right next to the door and that never happened. Their delivery department and customer service and worthless and liars. Do not trust them to give a damn about you.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Had to call on the lift chair again, the arm re-broke, same problem as before yet they won't fix it claiming I put too much pressure on the arm. Caution: don't touch the arms or they cave in... Now, the seat feels as if it's sliding off the chair when you engage the lift function (the reason you bought a lift chair). They say they'll fix the seat but I will be out of the chair for a number of days and there will be no loaner chair which means I will be stuck in a wheelchair for days while they take it away for repairs and bring it back. HUGE INCONVENIENCE since I can't get out of the couch or regular chairs. My back will be hurting from the wheelchair more than I can even imagine but they don't seem to be concerned. Very poor quality furniture. Most likely reflected in the rest of their inventory as well, very poor customer service.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We purchased what was supposed to be a genuine leather living room set. After just a couple of months we noticed cracks around the cushions. We attempted to get it repaired but were told it’s “normal wear and tear.” It turns out that all the trim is actually bonded leather. It might as well be plastic. Fast forward two years. It’s so horribly cracked that the white material underneath is showing all around every cushion. We are ready to buy new furniture and it certainly won’t be from AFW.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

From day one, the mattress felt like a "used" mattress (sagging, bulging). I continued to feel the mattress was inferior and did nothing about it. It has been over a year, maybe longer and I'm sure I cannot get any type of confirmation that I purchased a poor quality product from American Furniture. I have never in over 56 years had such a terrible mattress. Don't buy one and if you do, return it the minute you feel you have a poor quality mattress and by all means save all your receipts of purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Furniture Galleries?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Purchased a 2 pc. sectional in February of last year. Protection plan was included. Was told that it covers rips and stains. That's the only reason I purchased it. Called today to file claim because of rips and stains and they told me that my request were outside of the guidelines. I requested a brand new sofa was not able to be repaired. They refused my request!!! I am very upset and will NEVER do business with them ever again. I will be calling their corporate office tomorrow to get my new living room. I paid for it. I could've saved my 99.99 dollars...

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We purchased two recliners from this store on 12/22/1015. We also purchased their Premium Plus warranty plan for $149.00. We gave this place a total of $1052.19. After about a year and a half the vinyl recliner started to crack up on one arm. We were told by the salesman that if we had any problems, the chairs would be repaired or replace. A call to Guardian Protection Products Inc was a waste of time. They said it was not covered because it was not an accident. We got a refund of $101.48 for the remainder of coverage, since it was WORTHLESS! POOR QUALITY AND NO PROTECTION!

Original review: July 17, 2017

This delivery service has made me rethink ever purchasing furniture from this company. We selected to have an afternoon (2-5) delivery in the hopes that my husband would be there to assist and remove our old couches however the driver called me mid-morning wanting to do the deliver way before 2 pm. I advised that no one was home and we needed him to wait for afternoon. It sounded as if he was trying to go home early. At 1:30 I got a call that they were already there and that they would not move the other couches into my daughter's room as instructed. All in all I was hoping to experience better customer service for the delivery after paying for it.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I brought a sectional but when I opened the package I notice it was a factory or craftsmanship defect. I call right there and the customer agent told me to wait 2-3 days but after a week still I don't receive any call from them and I follow up again. Unfortunately they told me that the package is ready for pick for next week in Aurora. I return the package due to poor craftsmanship but when I arrived in Aurora store I notice there is also a scratch in the back side of the furniture and the Store Manager (Imelda) charged me a restocking pay of 15% of the entire price of the furniture. I told them I pay section by section why do I need to pay the whole amount if I just return the other parts? She so rude she don't care the customer, she care only her profit. She don't possess any customers relationship at all. The worst experience as a customer is to talk to the manager that no customers relationships seminars.

Original review: May 1, 2017

On 8-3-13 we purchased a sofa, ottoman and 2 leather recliners. The sales person allowed us to upgrade the sofa to memory foam without adding it would extremely affect the comfort. It is hard as a rock. No complaints on the ottoman. However the leather recliner my husband sits in has developed a yellow stain where his head rests that will not come out with anything I've tried. I called the store, they told me to contact La-Z-Boy and I did - told to use mild Dawn solution and sponge - nothing I've tried will remove it, so almost $5,000 basically down the drain! I do love the comfort of your recliners and will probably buy 2 more with the new I-Clean fabric. We can find nothing else that is comfortable to us. It has taken us over 2 years of deliberating to bring ourselves to spend this large amount of money again.

My husband does not use any hair products - suppose it is just oils in his skin. We were not offered any type of a protection that I recall and assumed any leather could be cleaned. I realize you don't know us or our lifestyle, however, we are just about clean "freaks". In talking with others, I now know this happens often and it is usually men's heads. Time for someone to come up with a solution.

American Furniture Galleries Company Information