1.06/5
Based on 595 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Sears

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

5336 Sears Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Called 01/02 to schedule repair for bad element in bottom oven of double wall oven. 1st appt: 1 tech said he could not lift oven (understood). 2nd appt: 2 techs lifted and diagnosed bad element. Unable to replace oven fully back in wall - but were coming back soon to fix element anyways. Charged approx $250.00. Part was deliver to home. 3rd appt: Window was 8 am-12 noon... Cancelled via text at 10 am. 4th appt: Window was 8am-12noon... Cancelled via text at 1033am. 5th appt: 2 techs, element fixed... Unable to replace oven in wall. Cracked cabinet while trying them instructed to "call my builder because they replaced the element." "Probably need hole cut in cabinet and adjacent wall." What?! 160lb oven left unsecured in wall in home with a 20 mo old. Called "customer service" after visit. >30 min wait.1) Would receive call in 24-48hrs (never) and would send different techs.

6th visit - Techs agreed to the need of more holes, rude as could be! Told "oven would not fall out unless both oven doors were opened at once or something... but ok to use." Called CS again... Finally got a supervisor, she said my service was nonrefundable [unsure of What Is service as I never got a receipt...] and was offered $50 in ShopYourWay points and was told in broken English "you were told you need bigger hole." Attempted to visit physical location on website address at a Sears store. Address provided on website yielded nothing. We wanted to obtain at least a receipt and speak with someone without a language barrier.

Apparently there isn't even a service desk! Appliance manager collected are info to "escalate via his manager" and added the Sears line "you will receive a call in 24-48hrs". Again no call. Of note... Their 3rd party insurance was notified of the fractured cabinet. She was to call us "24-48hrs." She did call 1 week later and was very polite. We contacted the BBB leaving a unsecured 160lb appliance unsecured in such manner in addition to poor customer service and lack of accountability needs addressed before someone gets hurt!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Tech came on 2/13 to fix our ice maker. He left and ice maker broke again. The same tech came back on 2/14 and said it was the condenser. He never looked at the condenser on 2/13. The tech was nasty and disrespectful to my husband on 2/14. The refrigerator does not work at all. The people at Sears store in Manassas, VA tried to help us but Sears home services would not. Tech ordered a part that won't come in until 2/27. What am I supposed to do with my food until then? Very dissatisfied.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I placed an online order on Feb 9 2018. Canceled it within hours. Called about refund status and was told it will take approx. 2 weeks to get my money back even though nothing was shipped, it shows it was canceled. Called multiple times and given different information. Worse experience I have ever had in my 54 years. I can understand if it takes 3 days to process a refund but not 2 weeks.

I finally got an email. "Thank you for shopping at Sears.com! In regards to order # 866113063 received request for refund, however we request you to please contact to Mattress Department at - (8885)-665-561 for refund process. If you have any comments or questions, please chat with us now for assistance." Called and got James on Feb 13 2018 at approx 8:30 a.m. and he over talked me, I asked for a supervisor and was told there is no one in the call center until 12:00. I explained I worked a call center and there has to be a floor supervisor or team lead there but he refused. He gave me another number to call. That person was more helpful. She even gave me a receipt number for the refund, **. He needs to be retained for sure. All I want is my money back. This is not just a few dollars. It is 647. I give my word I will never buy or go into another Sears store again in my lifetime. There is more businesses that I can spend my money in.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Imagine you have a refrigerator and it stops staying cool. Then image you have a child and a family who relies on putting things in the unit to stay cool. Then image you call Sears as an option to fix it. They have very aggressive sales people who claim they can fix it and fix it quickly. Then reality kicks in. They tell you the part is on backorder for over a month!! Did they know that? I'm not naive enough to think they are that incompetent to not know that they have no ability to get parts.

However, they are greedy and evil enough to know that if they sign you up you pay monthly dues, service call payments, and because of their awful distribution network you as a customer wait as it now a month and a half (who knows how long it will really be that we don't have a refrigerator). After a while we won't be able to live in our house because we must have a fridge and a month and a half without one despite being told it would be a week to get us to sign up is fraud. Sears needs to cancel our dues and pay me for this delay. Paying dues for this awful customer deception (and I doubt I'm the only one) is worthy of an FTC investigation for customer deception.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Buyer Beware. I have had a Sears technician at my home on six occasions beginning one month after I purchased a Kenmore Elite Washing Machine and continuing over a 9-month period following the machine repeated failing and displaying a "DRN" code. They have diagnosed a different cause of the malfunction each and every time they have examined the machine. They installed a new water pump on a Friday at 4pm and the machine crashed for the 7th time after 2 loads of laundry. They were supposed to send a tech out the following Monday (today) and after waiting from 1pm to 5pm I received a call at 4:32 saying that they were not coming. It's utterly absurd.

After 6 system failures I was told that because the technician misdiagnosed the machine the 1st 3 repair visits that it isn't eligible for replacement. WOW. I have taken 6 days away from my business obligations dealing with the EXACT SAME ISSUE. Tomorrow will be 7. SMH. It is very clear to me that the warranty department at Sears has an infrastructure designed to wear down the consumer by wasting their time, missing appointments, failing to properly document equipment failures, and creating an internal maze that is designed to under document equipment failures and deny meaningful solutions to their customers.

Customers can talk to someone on the phone however they are denied access to any human person with ANY authority to solve problems. Instead consumers are directed to send a letter only to a mailing address that is never acknowledged or replied to. The consumers that they are taking advantage of clearly can't afford repeated days away from their jobs to navigate the impossible course that Sears has designed.

I am a small business owner. I could never imagine allowing this level of consumer failure without correcting the system. Sears does not correct it therefore the logical brain would conclude that the system works very much the way that Sears has designed it to work. I don't live in a world of conspiracy theories just read the reviews and you will find the practice is patterned.

To add another layer of deception, take a look at their stellar 4.3 customer satisfaction reviews on THEIR website. Then take a look at all of the other consumer websites that Sears does not control and you will see a rating of 1 and it peaks at 1.4. The only way this can be justified is Sears is stacking their own deck. Their consumer game is far bigger than a couple of unhappy customers or underskilled technicians. Where there is smoke there is fire and too many consumers are having the exact same experience. Sears deserves a class action for their deceptive warranty game. Also note the reviews wouldn't be a "1" if you weren't forced to select at least one star to post a review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I ordered a new side by side refrigerator. They gave me a window 10 Am to 12 PM. They never showed up and never told me they were not delivering. I called Cust. Service several times and got Filipino reps who could not speak English very well. I got nowhere. So frustrated, I canceled my order and am waiting to get ALL my money back because this is their fault and not mine. What a sham company!!! Never again!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I placed an order online for a washer and dryer with Sears. Accidentally the order was placed for an electric dryer instead of a gas dryer. I contacted a representative within a half hour of placing the order and instead of changing the 1 item from an electric dryer to a gas dryer and having me pay the difference, they suggested I cancel my entire order and place a new one.

Within minutes I was charged for 2 washers and dryers. It's been 10 days and I have not received my money back from them. They are telling me I have to wait 7-10 business days but will not explain what banking process takes this long in 2018. Nothing was ever sent out. It's easy. Give me back my money. Clearly they are holding funds and collecting interest on their customers money for orders they never even fulfilled. This is thievery. I will never trust Sears again. I went into their branch to return parts they said I needed to connect my appliances, which I did not need and was told I had to return them online. Their return policy clearly states otherwise. Sears used to be a reliable name, but now it's a shady business like most others. You are not entitled to money Sears!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Terrible customer service. I reported a claim on my pool heater and they sent a plumbing provider that could not solve the problem. I requested to send me a technician to review the equipment and confirm what is the problem, however the company does not want to do that. I called them 5 times asking to talk to a supervisor and they keep telling me the supervisor would call me back but that never happens. I am still waiting. Today the last time I called them, they even told me there were no supervisor available. Unbelievable. Terrible company, of course will never hire them again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I bought a stove and fridge from Sears. The day it was supposed to be delivered they wouldn't deliver it because the sidewalk wasn't fully cleared. They made my 58 year old mother go outside and shovel the snow. Once she was done they took off. Customer service wouldn't do anything about it and the guys that had the fridge and stove refused to answer the phone. They were supposed to bring them again today. Now it's unsafe weather conditions to deliver them today. They sure didn't care yesterday that they made my mother go out and shovel the snow. This is not ok!!! I will never order anything from these people again. They only care about the money. They don't care about their customers

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

BUYER BEWARE! Bought over $10,000 of Kenmore Elite appliances and the extended warranty. Called them out repeatedly and either they never showed or would not repair. The servicemen told me they were ordered not to do anything if they showed up. Waited all day 5 times in a row and never come. Now my refrigerator is out for over two weeks and they will not get the parts for at least another two weeks and they expect me to pay for it, plus refuse to loan us a refrigerator. The dryer also. They came out and said it was a child lock on is why it would not start. It still wouldn’t start and called them out again and he said it was the control board and was going to replace it, but when he got in it the wires were not connected and accused us of disconnecting them and just connected them. It still wouldn’t work and for 5 times in a row they never showed up.

Then a decent serviceman showed up and it showed a code the vent was clogged and said they would not let him replace the control board until that was fixed. Did that and called them out again and now that my extended warranty is expired they will fix it properly and the refrigerator for close to a thousand dollars. It was so hard making the decision to buy all the appliances because because my sister and I are disabled and on a limited income and we don’t have the money for this or to eat out every day without a refrigerator. SEARS WOULD NOT FIX ANYTHING PROPERLY UNTIL THE WARRANTY RAN OUT. NOW THEY ARE WILLING TO AND EXPECT US TO PAY FOR IT.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I tried to return a pair of pants and an outfit to Sun Valley mall in Concord on 1/25/18. They were Christmas gifts and supposedly could be returned until 1/31/18. I didn’t even try on the velour outfit for at least a week after Christmas because it should have been loose on me. It does not appear to be sized correctly. We don’t have a Sears store near us on Oakland so we stopped at Sun Valley mall in Concord, on the way home from Tahoe, to return Christmas gifts to both Macy’s and Sears. Macy’s took the items back, no problem, Sears said they couldn’t be returned to the store, they had to returned “online”! I was astounded! What company doesn’t take back Christmas gifts back in January?

Because we were in the process of moving, it wasn’t until 2/5/18 that I finally tried to figure out how I was supposed to return online. The Sears website it said the items couldn’t be returned! What am I supposed to do with these clothes that are too small for my brother and me? THEY WILL NOT EXCHANGE FOR THE CORRECT SIZE!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I contacted Sears Home Services to schedule a repair on a gas range that I received second hand. After the LP conversion the burners would not ignite. This was in October. The repair person arrived, saw that it was a gas range, and said there was nothing he could do. I would need to order all new orifices and contact a certified gas technician. I ordered new orifices for $40, found a different tech to come out, took more time off work. Turns out the orifices were fine, the burners were simply on LOCK. I have been contacting Sears since then for a refund on the trip charge of $94. Each time I contact them I am told I will be contacted within 48 hours for a refund. It is now February and I am still trying to get my refund for a useless service call.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Had an appointment today to repair my fridge. Tech notified us that due to weather they needed to reschedule. Link to reschedule did NOT work. Called the toll free number. At 1st told to call back on the number I had called. Still unable to reschedule. Then told there was no record of my phone. Asked if the service order number could be used. Was told no.

Asked to speak to a manager, got supervisor Josie. She did not help nor seem to care. I asked to speak with a manager and was told by Josie that managers did NOT speak with customers. Started chat session with Andy ** and asked that he get manager on the chat. Steve ** then joined the chat. After about 10 minutes, he confirmed that we were rescheduled for 26 Feb. This has been ongoing since mid December. 26 February is unacceptable. Mr. ** stated that he would put us on the list in case someone else canceled their appointment. Still not acceptable. This puts us outside the time limit. Mr. ** told me that we would not be charged an additional service charge.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Sears large appliances break 6 months after warranty expires - All of the appliances that I have purchased from Sears have broken within months of the warranty expiring. In each situation, it was the computer brain that malfunctioned. I have had to replace four dishwashers, three dryers, and four washing machines, within the last ten years. Each of these pieces of junk was purchased from Sears. Now, my dishwasher, which had to have its computer brain fixed while it was under warranty is exhibiting the same symptoms but due to Sears pathetic warranties they are refusing to fix a problem that was never fixed in the first place because if it had been fixed, or if it had been a product that was built to last, it would not have broken a second time in a very short period of time.

I'm glad Sears is going bankrupt. They are not the company they used to be. I want to be reimbursed for my appliances so I can purchase them from a company that stands by its products and not one that is into a get quick scheme and trying to force people to buy extended warranties that cost more or just as much as the product. I am also posting this on social media as well as Sears website.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I had a stove top fire 11/24/2017. It was difficult to arrange for service, but after several weeks, the repair guy said the stove didn't need replacing; he replaced one burner but not the melted temperature knob. When I pointed out the melted stove exhaust vent fan, he said, "Someone else must evaluate that." It is now 2/6/2018 and I am still wrangling to get it replaced! Home Warranty services seem to bank on lack of communication and delay until you give up. WHY??? (#stupidquestion)

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

On December 9th, 2018 I took half a day off to wait for a Sears Home Warranty repair tech to come to my house. Unable to repair my gas range, the tech left after changing me the deductible on my Sears Home Warranty plan, for which I also pay $49.99 a month. The service tech told me Sears Home Warranty would contact me in 10 days about whether parts were available. December 19th came and went. I never heard back. So I had to start calling them.

The process of getting customer service on the phone is painful - long waits on hold, followed by customer service reps who may or may not have any idea about what's going on with my claim. "Is this about the wall-oven?" They would ask. I don't own a wall-oven. So we start from square one with long, frustrating calls to various customer service reps, all calls punctuated with long periods on hold. Ultimately, I'm told that they're moving the process along and someone will call me in 24 to 48 hours. No one ever calls. So I repeatedly call back.

It is now February 6th, and I just got off the phone with another Sears Home Warranty rep. More questions about the mysterious 'wall-oven', an assurance I'll get a call back in 24-48 hours. I'm not holding my breath. But I am aware that the longer this process drags out, the more Sears Home Warranty makes. If they can succeed in dragging this out for months, they'll make $49.99 a month as they move the process forward (or not) at a glacial pace. My options now are to cut my losses and lose the deductible I paid on Dec. 9th, lose the $49.99 I have paid each month up to now, the repair or replacement that Sears Home Warranty is contractually obligated to provide as outlined in our agreement. Talk about a customer experience where the customer is powerless.

Anyway, if you want to pay money and get nothing in return, spend long periods of time frustrated on the phone, and receive multiple assurances that you'll get a call in 24-48 hours but have no one call you, then Sears Home Warranty is for you. Because of this experience, plus a negative experience with Sears Automotive a few years back, I can comfortably say that I will never, ever again patronize a Sears business, or a Sears affiliated business. Why would I? I work hard for my money, and there are plenty of other legitimate, reputable businesses where I can get appliances, automotive repair, tools, and the general stuff I can find in a Sears business.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

If you are considering a Home Warranty, please DON'T consider a Sears Home Warranty. My husband and I purchased this warranty. In late 2017 our furnace went out. We selected a technician to come in, but somehow did not agree with what he wanted to charge us. Our out of pocket cost was more than $3,000. We decided to go with a company that we were using prior to having the warranty. Our out of pocket was pretty much the same but at least we knew and trusted his work. The reason we did not use him from the beginning is that he is not a "select provider" of Sears. I notified Sears that we would go with the credit option, meaning that we wanted reimbursement for the purchase of the furnace.

I was notified that our credit amount would be $772.00 and the reason for the small amount is that Sears purchases Furnaces in bulk and because of that, they receive them at a very discounted rate and would never pay more than that for a furnace. That makes no sense to me but I did not argue the point. This was November 2017. Today is February 6, 2018 and we have yet to receive the credit/reimbursement for the furnace that we purchased. At the time of the claim, proof of purchase was needed. On 11/21/2017, I emailed the estimate, the deposit receipt, and the final payment receipt. I was told that credits were currently taking 17 days to be processed. Twice in December (Mid & Late December) I followed up, I was told that because of their new system, supporting documents were no longer needed. She was resending my claim for processing. My claim was being resubmitted.

On Jan 10, 2018 I spoke with a Supervisor (which) is equivalent to trying to get through to the POTUS, I was told that she was having my claim put through but it would be about 2 days before it was actually mailed. I followed up again in late January, the very rude representative told me that the check was actually cut and mailed on 1/12/2018 but it's not the same as if she was to mail me a letter. I responded... "You do realize that today is the 25th. Are you saying that it's actually mailed but it takes longer than 7 days to reach me?" She responded, "Yes, it takes 4-6 weeks."

She could not give me an explanation as to why US mail takes 4-6 weeks for Sears Home Warranty and it only travels on business days. I asked for a Supervisor, she told me that no supervisor was available, she would have one call me and to have a nice day. To say that I am furious is an understatement. This is absolutely ridiculous. Save your time, energy, & money, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I purchased high-end Kenmore Elite Refrigerator 3 years ago with the 5 year Master Protection Warranty. The appliance has died on 2 occasions (year 2 & year 3 since purchase). During the first failure it took 1 week to secure service. Parts took 1 week to ship, and then I had to wait 2 weeks for service. 1 month without a refrigerator was tough, especially during the holidays. Exactly 1 year after the first failure (the week after Christmas), the refrigerator stopped cooling and a tech determined compressor went bad. This is where the ultimate nightmare began: Parts were ordered and did not arrive as my service appointment was nearing. I called Sears and was told the refrigerator part was on a national backorder and would not be available to ship until at least 3 months. During this time, I was told to reschedule my upcoming service appt, as my parts had not yet arrived.

I cancelled my service appointment with the intention of rescheduling upon receipt of part. I was livid to find out the length of time I had to wait and demanded speaking with someone about expediting parts, replacing refrigerator or some sort of resolution. During this phone call, I was transferred a total of 10 times back and forth to different departments. Each time I was transferred, the representative needed my name/address/phone/service number and the reason why I was calling. Each time I provided the requested information the agent placed me on a 3 minute hold to review the notes in my case. After 3 minutes, I would either get hung up on, or transferred to another department after a 10 minute connection wait. As this cycle continued, I began to notice I was being transferred back and forth between the same departments. Each representative I encountered appeared eager to transfer me into oblivion.

Finally after the 10th transfer and 1 hour later, I spoke with a “manager” who offered me a mini refrigerator until repairs were complete. I was appalled by this gesture, and was then offered reimbursement for a refrigerator rental. Upon my attempt to rent a refrigerator, I realized the industries intent is to rent-to-own, meaning I had to provide extensive information (ssn/credit check/personal references) or either $1000 cash security deposit. Needless to say, I opted not to go this route. I called back and demanded a replacement and was told this was not an option as my refrigerator would need to be deemed irreparable. 1 week after cancelling my service order and receiving the mini refrigerator/rent-a-fridge offer, I mustered up the energy to call Sears to check on the status of my parts. During this time I was informed that since I cancelled appointment, my part order was also cancelled and I was no longer in line to receive the part.

I was so shocked that out of all the representatives who reviewed notes from my case never bothered to mention this to me. My priority immediately shifted from complaining about part date to getting back in line to receive part in 3 months. During this call, I spent 2 hours total being transferred and hung up on. After being transferred for 1.5 hours, I begged the rep to not transfer me, he did anyway. I was so desperate, beaten down and broken. No one was willing to help me reinstate my appointment and part request until a nice lady took pity on me. She placed me on hold for 5 minutes then came back to the telephone winded (as though she ran somewhere) with information that she reinstated my appointment for service and part request. I was so happy to be told I was back in line to get the part in 3 months. 1 week later I decided to contact Sears through online chat to follow up.

During my online chat, I was informed that my reinstated appointment had been cancelled! I did not initiate this cancellation or receive notice. The online chat gave me the opportunity to finally document the discussion and avoid the stress of being transferred. My hope is to build a paper trail of this experience. I am beyond disbelief. I will continue following up weekly online in hopes of someday getting my refrigerator repaired. In the meantime, I will have to continue to think of creative ways to cool food for my family of 5. I urge you to STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I purchased dishwasher from Sears and paid for installation and taking out old unit; Trouble started when installer never showed up and constantly deferred installation- was supposed to contact me few days after purchase but had to call company week later because not heard from him- and then when got in touch he deferred installation for several weeks. Sears told me he is only one so made decision to cancel order, which was OK with customer service and they told me 3-5 days should get refund. Of course this never happened and called multiple times and was told my order was cancelled only to receive email one month later that said have to contact local store and will get refund; so called again and same story- so do you want to cancel your order... They asked as they had no records from my multiple calls... I said I cancelled long ago and many times... and there we go again, still no refund after over month.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Wow. 3 words. Super bad service. Do not buy anything. You will regret. The repair people came 3 times and said that my oven worked, I have videos, pictures, and people saying it smokes, but they still continue to say it work. I guess I am liar. Was a great customer, no more Sears. Refuse to purchase anything from them!! No wonder you're almost out of business.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Sears Home Services will not honor their contracts with me to repair or replace my refrigerator. The tech that came to my home stated that there are no parts available to make the repairs as per the contract. The next step is that Sears should replace the refrigerator as per the contract. Sears will not acknowledge the parts are not available. The tech will not be allowed to come to my home to state that the repairs can not be made until the parts arrive. So we begin the infinite loop. No parts for the appointment and the tech cannot come until the parts arrive. This is ridiculous. The worst customer service I have ever experienced.

My refrigerator has been broken since 1/24/18. They came on 1/26/18. We started calling on 1/30/18. On 1/31/18 we were told that we had to wait one to two business days. And again on 2/1/18 and again on 2/6. She has spent SEVERAL HOURS on the phone. We are being told that we have wait an additional 21 days for one of the parts to show up and the other two parts required have no status. So are we supposed to be without a refrigerator for month and a half?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

My LG Dryer stopped heating. I didn't have a service agreement on it, but when I contacted Sears, they sent over a technician the NEXT DAY. When the technician looked at my dryer, he saw that is was heating and said there was nothing wrong with it. Knowing that wasn't the case, I purchased a 1-yr service agreement on the dryer before he left. Then NEXT DAY the drying wasn't heating again. So I contacted Sears. They said they didn't have any record of the service agreement and to wait a few days for it to get through the system. A few days later I called Sears and they still didn't have a record of the service agreement and wanted to sell me a new one even though my credit card had already been charged!

After several hours on the phone, Sears finally honored the service agreement and said they would send over a technician in THREE WEEKS! I said,"Hey, how come when my dryer broke and I didn't have a service agreement, you sent a technician over the next day, but now, when I do have a service agreement, I have to wait three weeks?" They said it was because since I now have a service agreement, they will only send over Sears Accredited technicians. Well, three weeks later the VERY SAME technician that they had sent me the next day arrived! He did finally fix my dryer, but oh man, I will never buy a service agreement from Sears again, not when they put you at the bottom of the pile only to honor the cash-paying customers with fast service. Buyer beware!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I canceled a $1700 purchase from Sears.com and was told that I'd receive a refund within 10 business days. It has been nearly 2 months and I still haven't received a refund. I've contacted them by phone and chat multiple times and each time I get a story about a technical glitch that has now been fixed and am again told to wait another 10 days.

It took them mere minutes to charge my card after the purchase. It should not be this difficult to get a refund. I've wasted several hours following up on this. Today the offshore call center first asked for my bank account number. When I asked to speak to a supervisor because I wasn't comfortable randomly handing out my bank account number, they then said the question was a mistake and that it would be refunded to the original card. After being transferred to the supervisor, I was given the same story -- that now the refund will be processed and that I should receive it in 7-10 business days.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

CUSTOMER SERVICE NIGHTMARE. Hello to anyone looking for new appliances. I recently purchased a fridge from SEARS. The fridge was damaged by the delivery team, who were friendly and filed a damage claim. Sears customer service has given me the runaround for months. I've made multiple calls, get put on hold, told that they do not have the authorization to reimburse me for the damaged door and that someone will call me back within twenty-four hours. No one calls back, so I have to repeat the whole process. I've spent about fifteen hours on the phone and finally received an offer of $100 Sears gift card...

The damaged door costs $200 to replace. The person could not authorize anymore. After three more phone calls, I have an offer of $180 gift card and that is as high as they will go. I have multiple appliances from Sears. I like them; however, I will never purchase another thing from Sears and would encourage anyone appliance shopping to avoid them. It's fairly obvious their service department is designed to wear you down and make you go away. I asked to be reimbursed for the time, I've spent on the phone and received an empty apology and was told that was not possible.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

We purchased an elliptical machine in a Sears store on Black Friday, 2017. It was a floor model and worked in the store. When it was delivered it did not work. We went back to the store and the manager on duty couldnt help us. We purchased an extended warranty. So have been trying g to have the machine fixed that way. No luck. I spoke to a manager in store who said it’s as is. I completely understand that. But it worked in Store and does not work at all. Nórdic Track sent us a new console which still didn’t fix the issue. Here it is 2 months later and no resolution. The store won’t help us. I want the machine picked up and replaced. We have a $1,000 machine sitting in our home that does not work! If I could give zero stars I would. Sears customer service is absolutely awful. Do not buy anything from Sears!!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I called customer service to simply give feedback on the washer I purchased about 5 years ago. We own several Sears appliances and have owned more than 12 at different properties and have been pleased with them, but not this washer. The first issue with my call was wasting 35 minutes giving the same information over and over in order to find my purchases and then be told again over and over that I no longer had a warranty on this particular product. I explained I understood and didn't want to set up a service call (which I would have to pay for?!) but simply wanted to share feedback with Sears in the hopes that the company cares about customer retention. I guess not. I was just asking to be able to report our dissatisfaction with this one product but I guess it is of no consequence and falls on deaf ears. That being the case, I will not purchase another appliance in the future. Customer service has completely gone downhill.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My home warranty contacted Sears to do a repair on my refrigerator. First problem is I was given a schedule for a technician to come and do the repair. I called and confirm the appointment for the following day. I waited. Technician never arrived. So I called asking for why the technician did not arrived. I was told that one of the part never arrived so the technician is not coming. I work at night so I lost a sleep for nothing just because they failed to let me know that we're still waiting for a part. A week later the part arrived and the technician came to fix my fridge, well the technician accidentally burned a part. Before the technician came to repair my refrigerator I was still able to use it. The ref part is working fine. The only issue I had is that the freezer part coldest temp is 28 degrees. At least any frozen food I have never melted.

Now that the technician melted one of the part so my refrigerator died and I can't use it. Which cause my food to spoil. And I have to wait for 2 weeks for the part to arrive so the technician can come and install it. I have called Sears and asked them if they can give me a loaner that I can use while waiting for the part to arrive since it's their technician that made the mistake, that caused me to lose the use of my refrigerator and they flat out refused to do it for the reason that I have no protection. Whoever heard of a person to get any protection when you call a repairman. You expect them to fix it not to break it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

My boyfriend bought me a fridge, stove and microwave for Christmas, but the microwave was too big for my kitchen, this was delivered January 2nd. I called a week after to get it picked up since they said I couldn't return it at the actual Sears. All I hear from customer service is, "We will call you within 48-72 hours to confirm the pickup date." I still haven't received a callback for the pickup date and every-time I call to ask about it they do the whole process all over again and tell me to wait for the call. The month is over and I still can't get them to pick up the damn microwave. I don't understand what so complicated about picking it up or why I can't return it at the store. I am really disappointed with Sears and customer service.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I have a washing machine that's exactly 2 yrs old. In November 2017 two a week before Thanksgiving my washer came up with a code DE1 which means the door latch isn't locking. Well it was clear that the door latch was working because the code came up while in the middle of the cycle. Called the service number and a service tech which WAS NOT a Sears Tech came out a week later and had to order two parts. Two weeks later the Tech comes back install new parts. Washer only works through 3 loads. The code DE1 comes up AGAIN. Called service and A WEEK later the same Tech comes back out. Now he's on the phone with Sears and they tell him to order the EXACT SAME PART that didn't work the last time. Their excuse was it may have been a default with the part.

Now we're going into a few days AFTER Christmas. I had to call the Tech guy to ask what was going on with the reorder part only to find out it's on BACK ORDER. The part now comes in the second week in January. The same TECH guy comes out installs the new EXACT part and it's still not working!!!! Now the tech guy doesn't know what to do and calls SEARS to tell them it's not working. Now they want to send over a SEARS expert!!!! WHAT THE WHAT!!!! Another week goes by. Now the SEARS EXPERT comes ONLY to "LOOK" at the machine to order another part that they "think" could be the problem.

Had an appointment for January 31 between 8-Noon. Sears call TWENTY MINUTES BEFORE NOON on THE DAY OF THE APPOINTMENT to say the parts that was ordered is ON BACK ORDER!!!! When is enough going to be enough... I'm telling you consumers stay away from purchasing anything from Sears!!!! You can't get a hold of anyone who can help you! All of the phone calls for the service department aren't in this country!!!!

I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT A WASHER FOR ALMOST 3 MOS!!!! I have the top of the line service agreement and in the agreement a technician has to come out 4 times for the same issue within the year BEFORE THEY EVEN "THINK" ABOUT REPLACING YOUR APPLIANCE!!!! No point in calling or complaining because all they say is "Well the contract states" and all they say is "I'm Sorry" I have NEVER ever been part of such foolishness! If you have a working appliance GET OUT of your contact NOW!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I ordered my husband a tool kit on Black Friday, I paid extra for shipping just to ensure I would have it before Christmas. Not only did it not come before Christmas, it NEVER came at all. Then, when I tried to get issued a refund it took up to another TWO WEEKS! Then, yes it gets worse. They do not even refund me the full amount! I will literally NEVER shop at Sears again. No wonder everyone says they’re going out of business. These are the reasons why.

Sears Company Information

www.sears.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use