3.07/5
Based on 3,915 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sears

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sears Reviews

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I purchased a Sears home warranty plan about 11 months ago. I contacted Sears in August concerning my refrigerator having temperature problems. They assigned my work order to a local vendor to assess the problem. The first vendor they assigned never returned my calls to schedule an appointment. They assigned my work order to a second vendor who finally showed up after two no shows. Turns out the temperature gauge needed replacing. It took 2 weeks to have the part mail to the vendor. Once the vendor received the part and after 3 attempts to reach the vendor to install the parts, the vendor never showed up to install the part. They ended up reassigning my appointment to a Sears technician.

It's been about two months, I am having to throw food away because my appliance is not properly keeping my food and milk fresh. I called Sears to complain several time about my current situation, their response was they are not responsible for personal items being spoiled. They are only responsible for fixing the appliance. LOL!! I would not have this issue if the appliance was properly fixed.

All of this is happening while I am waiting on Sears to honor their appointment as stated in the contract. A technician finally shows up to reevaluate my refrigerator and reorders the part. Okay maybe now I will get my appliance fixed. Nope didn't happen. There were scheduling issues - no one was available to come over when I was available and they were scheduling a follow up appointment 10 days later. While I am trying to figure this out with the company, I am without a refrigerator.

During my ordeal with the company, when you call to speak with a manager, they forward you to the Philippines to speak with individual that is difficult to understand and when I asked to speak with a manager that speaks English, they tell you that you are not allowed to talk with a manager. They will handle the problem, needless to say the issue never got resolved with the call center in the Philippines.

Moving forward they finally rescheduled my appointment for November (the original problem was reported in late July or early August). The Sears technician never showed up. Lol!! I am frustrated at this point. Once again I call customer service and once again i am transferred to individuals in the Philippines who gives me absolutely no assistance to resolving this issue.

They continuously will say (first of all you have to ask them to repeat themselves over and over again because you cannot understand their English), "I will help you resolve your problem." They put me on hold three times and said they was talking to someone about my problem, each time I was routed back to the queue only to have my call answered by another non English customer service agent that offered on solution.

After days of calling they finally set another appointment for Nov 20, now months after the original call and I am waiting to see what's going to happen. I have talked to the customer service agent telling them how I have been without a refrigerator for over 3 months and they keep telling me there is nothing they can do. I have tried to get a number to the main office to complain and they will transfer you back to the Philippines to talk to someone who doesn't speak English and who offer no help. Do not do business with this company. I properly paid them monthly and this is the kind of service they provide.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

My fiancé and I purchased a new gas range to replace the one that he had for only 2 years. Point of sale at the store we were promised a delivery day of Monday then received a call that Monday only to be told from a third party contractor that they don't do deliveries on Monday and wanted to reschedule for Tuesday. Tuesday was not a good day as we had other appointments that could not be cancelled so we rescheduled for Wednesday. This caused us to have 2 days off work paid leave.

When the installer arrived he asked my fiancé for 59.99 for the permit to install the gas range. When my fiancé told him it was paid and we paid 87.00 at the point of purchase in the store, the installer began to become argumentative and threaten to take the range back. Finally my fiancé said take it back then. After that the demeanor of the installer changed and he installed the gas range and no more talk of another permit fee.

The next day we took a ride to the Sears in White Marsh, MD and spoke to a sales associate and informed her of the inconvenience and the promise date made by the sales associate. She reviewed our account and went to some office in the store and came back and said they would give us $100.00 credit and that we should be happy cause some people don't even get that. Then we saw the same oven that we brought just 2 days before marked a lower price and they refused to give it to us for the lower price. I was on the phone trying to get in touch with someone from cooperate, don't bother they don't exist.

Sears was a household name when I was a little girl but it is horrible and I wouldn't recommend anyone purchase from that store. Every number you call you always get the online store. It's either a rep from overseas. They promise they will help you and not disconnect from you but they do. Just when you think you're going to get the situation resolved you done. I still have had an explanation as to why I was charged 2 different prices for a permit...well I purchased a 5 year warranty maybe it might be worth it if they are still in business. I hope this helps someone. I don't recommend you buy from Sears at all. I never will.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I am a single woman in my 70’s who had a boiler for heating installed and bought maintenance plan, because I live in rural area and could not find anyone else who could install one. 3 years later, I have had 2 yearly service calls to make sure all was well and this year boiler system did not work. When I turned it on, water started gushing from the pressure valve on top of boiler and water kept running from the condensation pump on the floor when I turned it off. I shut off the furnace and called Sears and was given a service date 3 weeks out.

I called back multiple times trying to get something done sooner. They did give me a voucher, so I could purchase some items from Sears online so I could keep warm until repairs. However a couple of space heaters would not help during 18 degree weather. Friends were worried about me being without heat with an upcoming cold spell, so a contractor friend, who does plumbing, came out to replace the pressure release valve. He hoped that would get my boiler up and running. When noticed the plastic pipe leading from the furnace was cracked and judging from the amount of calcium on the floor and boiler, it had been leaking soon after being installed, as the hot water from the boiler cracked the pipe. Metal pipe should have been used where the hot water leaves the furnace. That confirmed my suspicion that the serviceman.

With the pipe replaces along with the pressure valve, water still came from the condensation pump. He showed me where the water valve was located and turned of the water, so it would quit spilling onto the floor. I had been moping it up for a week, as the boiler is at the end of my kitchen. My friend didn’t know anything about boilers and had did all he could do, so I was left to keep warm using my fireplace and space heaters until my date of repair.

Finally when the repairman came from Sears, it was the same man. He said, “Why didn’t you tell me this was a repair call?” I told him that I did them when I called it in and they should have told him, not me as he had only called that morning to tell me what time he was coming! Then he asked, “Why didn’t you call a third party to fix it?” I told him that was why I had the service agreement and then he told me they should have told me that the protection plan would have paid the third party. How was I to know? He then kept asking why didn’t my plumber do this and that…he should have known. I finally was tired of his defensive nature and told him it was a plumber who helped me but a friend trying to help me out! He was frustrated, I could tell. He asked me to turn on the boiler and asked where to turn on the water. The valve was in plain site.

Of course he focused on the condensation pump as it water was pouring from it. He had one in the van and replaced it and convinced me that the water I saw on the floor was from the repair. Thinking he had the problem solved, he left. Water still came from that pump. After he was out of drive, I realized I had just paid for replacement of a working pump! The water pump that circulates the water was humming and when I touched it, it was HOT, so I turned off the furnace and called Sears back armed with the information that a third party could be used, as they wanted to give me a date in December (I first reported it in October). I told them that they needed to find that repair person. Now I have 3rd party coming in a week. Not sure if I will have heat for Thanksgiving.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I mean VERY BAD!!!! These guys are crooks. Easy to rip you off with lots of promises until they get you signed up but rest assure they will find an excuse to deny your claim regardless. I had the full coverage for the Whole House including (Heating and Air conditioning) for more than 2 years with $100 deductible, it’s the best policy they offer for home appliances. Recently I put a claim for the Furnace since it stopped working and they denied it right away. I guess the moral of this story is they will lure you in until they get your money and then walk away from any claims or headaches. So sad. They shouldn’t be allowed to do doing business.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

A Sears home service technician ordered a part for a piece of equipment in my home. One month later, when the part was scheduled to be installed, no-show for home appointment. One month later I cancelled the unavailable part which I had paid for. Three weeks after that, no refund. Many phone calls and 2 chat sessions don't seem to have any response from Sears, despite many Sears phone/on-line service persons' assertions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I got wrong item on the mail and to get my money back I get to go to an unbelievable trouble. Not only I have to return an item that I didn't order but I have to do all the work, print label, get a new package, and go to UPS and drop it off. And then when they will receive the item, I will receive my money back, and the item I ordered was sold out already. I just don't understand why I have to go to all this trouble when I was not the negligent that got the wrong item delivered. No wonder this company is going bankruptcy!!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator few months ago and when I installed it I noticed there is a chip and crack in freezer section. The technician came and said, "You should request for a replacement," but Sears denied although it was still under warranty. They sent a technician for repair but he did not have the repair kit. Finally I received the repair kit (that was a glue) and scheduled me for the third time for repair between 1-5 pm yesterday.

I took time off and waited 4 hours but nobody showed up. The tech called me. I am not able to come today because I am far away and covering for a tech who called sick. I called Sears and they said, "We are sending another one, just stay there." At 6 pm after nobody showed up I called again and they said, "Unfortunately, we have to reschedule you." Nobody did not even bother to call me in advance and cancel the appointment. This is the type of service you get from Sears. I will never buy anything from this company and suggest you should not too. They have no respect for their customers and their valuable times.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I ordered a costume for Halloween that was supposed to be delivered on 10/30/19. The morning of Halloween I still hadn't received my costume. When I tried to track my order with the USPS tracking number provided, I found that the package was not ready for pickup yet so I went online with Sears.com to check the validity of the order. It showed the order was still being processed. Called and spoke with a Representative from Sears.com who confirmed the order was still being processed and they would cancel the order and send my refund. Three days later I received an email from Sears.com saying they were investigating my inquiry to cancel and to allow 72 more hrs. to finalize the inquiry.

As of date, 11/8/19, I still haven't received my refund but instead, received another email requesting 72 more hrs. to investigate the inquiry yet again. I call Sears.com again to inquire what was being investigated and was told the order wasn't canceled and needed to be canceled. I informed the Representative that the order was canceled on 10/31/19 and that I had received now 2 emails requesting an additional 72 hrs. Explained that they have now had 8 days to return my money for the costume that was never processed, but yet was still being investigated. The response from Customer Service was to just wait the additional 72 hrs. ??? This has been a horrible experience!!! I will not buy from Sears online again!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

My husband and I got a new HVAC system from sears, installed in May. It took them the entire summer to do the inspections they were supposed to, and called it good. The city inspector was finally able to come then to close out the permit. Instead he found several problems that actually explain why the system isn't as efficient as it's supposed to be. Told us to have Sears come fix it. That was over two months ago. The project manager refuses to talk to us, only the sales guy who sold the system to us will answer us. He finally got the management to deal with the project manager, who FINALLY sent our information to a different installation team from the one he'd originally promised would contact us.

The day the installation guy was supposed to be here came, and he never showed. Got ahold of him, he was out of state and forgot to reschedule. Three weeks later and we haven't been able to get ahold of him or the project manager. Finally got ahold of customer service, after being directed so many directions and hung up on a few times. Supposedly we are supposed to get a call from someone within the next 24 hours. First of all, these issues shouldn't even exist. Secondly, once the city inspector said Sears screwed up it should have been fixed right away. I will NEVER use Sears for anything again. They can go out of business, they treat customers horribly.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I purchased an a $600.00 exercise bike over a month ago! Received a delivery date; took the day off of work. Received a call 2 hours prior to delivery time. It's been delayed. Call to reschedule! Are you serious Sears!! It's been over a month! Nobody to talk to besides a bunch of foreigners in a call service! I am not rescheduling. I will be going directly to the store for a full refund and will never order from Sears again! There are zero excuses for this inconvenience and timeline on a delivery!

Sears Company Information