Sears

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

What has transpired today in dealing with Sears Home Service can only be characterized as shameful. I personally have never in my life seen such poor customer service come from such a well-established brand, and leaves me questioning ever doing business with your company again. After you read this incident that occurred I would like for you to tell me why I should continue doing business with you again. I challenge you to change my mind.

Back in March, during an annual Maintenance of our double oven we purchased at Sears, the repairman suggested that we sign up for an extend plan for our Samsung Refrigerator. He convinced us that it was money well spent, and that they could take care of any issues that arise. So we signed up. Three weeks ago we had an issue come up with the refrigerator and was told we could be seen between the hours of 1 and 5 on 4/28 three weeks later. They informed us they would have to defrost the refrigerator. On 4/28 my wife took the afternoon off and waited for the technician, and defrosted the refrigerator in anticipation for his arrival, when 5:05pm came around my wife called Sears Repair and spoke with Nancy. Nancy told my wife that he was on a big job and we were the last call of the day and he will be giving us a call before coming to our home (Lie as it turned out). 7:20 pm Still no Technician.

Again my wife called and again spoke with Nancy and asked her where he was. After a long pause she said the Technician ran long and they had overbooked the day and we were bumped. When my wife said that no one called us, Nancy started to get defensive and my wife requested her supervisor. Nancy informed my wife that she could handle the situation and that giving her to her supervisor would not make it any better. When my wife insisted she was transferred to her supervisor Dolores. Dolores got on the phone and immediately hung up on my wife, and never called back. Both of these ladies should be reprimanded for their actions or should I say inactions.

We called back and was once again placed on hold for 20 minutes, this time I spoke with Cole and told him of the situation and asked to pass me onto his supervisor where I spoke with Audrey. I will say that Audrey was very professional and tried to accommodate my situation, but this is where Sears failed. If a customer is a victim of overbooking then they should be pushed to the top of the list for next day not four days. Dont wait for us to call customer service they should been on top of this. If the customer took time off from work to wait for the technician the first time they should not be inconvenienced to do so again the next time if it was not their fault. Compensation should be reflected.

Here it is Friday night and apparently there is no technician out on Saturdays, so now we are waiting until Tuesday. Sears should address a situation like this when it is convenience for the customer, not for Sears. Supervisors should be given more autonomy to resolve customer issues with direct actions that can be measurable, again another failure for Sears. Again I commend Audrey for dealing with this situation but she had very little span of control to take care of the problem. Today Sears has failed so many times and I question whether the person reading this can do any better to resolve not just my issue but probably hundreds of complaints similar to mine.

I had a technician to come out on 5-8-17. I am covered with your extra protection plan. The tech. came found the problem and said he had to order a part. Before he left he forgot to fix my machine back on a cycle so it would work properly. He said I could still use it until the part came in. That night on the 8th. I put a load of clothes in to wash, went to bed. When I awoke at 9 am I found my washing machine had been filling up with water for 12 or more hours and just empty right back out over and over from where Sears tech had not set it back on the cycle it was suppose to be.

I was on the phone with I can't tell you how many people for 5 hours and could not get them to come out here and set my machine on the cycle it was suppose to be. My water bill alone may be in the hundreds of dollars including we have a sewer bill as well. I have never been so upset in my life. What has happened to Sears? I was even told how to try and fix it myself even though it was Sears that left it. I have a pom. dog that uses cloth pee pads and have to wash every day. I was even told to go to the laundry place and wash clothes. I tried to explain I am 63 years old with a broke femur and can't. I was hung up on more than once. I just cannot believe this company that once was so reliable has come to this. I could not even get anyone to give me a no. to call a help line or something. I hope this can be resolved properly without court. I would appreciate a call from someone today @ **.

We purchased our water heater about 8 yrs ago with the extended warranty. It stopped working on May 1, 2017. I called Service that day. Someone came out May 2nd looked at it. He said we needed a gas module. The water heater would light but not stay on. Thus Cold water. He assured me the part would be ordered that night or next day. I explained that there's an elderly gentleman who lived here that had cancer. He missed his chemo appointment because he couldn't take a shower, Monday. He said that he would put it under emergency status. I tried lighting the water heater and got nowhere. Couldn't do it. Wouldn't work for me. That's when everything went wrong.

We got an email that the repair had been rescheduled for May 3. 8 am to 5 pm. Then on May 3rd we got on email that the repair was now scheduled for May 9th. I got on the phone with Sears customer service, they were useless. I believe their job is to yes you to death and get nowhere. I tried to find out where the part was. That it was an emergency. Got nowhere. No useful information. No one could do a thing according to them. They said they would forward my number to the water heater department, that they would call me. Next day no call. So I called again.

Got a customer service person again. I was getting very frustrated, getting nowhere. I said to her, "Do you see that this is an emergency?" She said yes. I said, "There's an elderly sick person here without hot water." I said, "How would you like to be that person without the hot water." The answer I got was she had been without hot water for 3 weeks. Unbelievable answer. Then I said, "Who can I talk to about where the part was." She said the water heater department.

I finally got that number called it. Asked about the part. I was told they couldn't track it because the repair person ordered it. I asked how could I get this information. They sent me to warranty dept. I asked them if they could find out about the part. They said yes, put me on hold and ten minutes later was disconnected. On Friday May 5th I called the water heater department again. They told me the part was ordered on Thursday. I asked why it was an emergency. He said, "Everyone thinks their water heater is an emergency." That it's Sears policy to take up to 10 days to fix a water heater under warranty. That the part would at my house Tuesday.

Here's the kicker. If the part missed the repair person, We would have to wait until May 15th to have it repaired. I said that would be over your 10 day period. They said they couldn't get anyone out sooner because they contract out the repair service. And everyone else is filled up. And they come only on certain days. Well it's May 9th, no part no repair. Sears and its policies and people don't give a ** about consumers. There's no recourse with them. I said, "If I called you for a new water heater that you'd be down in 2 days." They agreed. "But because you're under warranty you can wait?" What's wrong with that. By the way I asked for a new water heater and got nowhere with that.

Unless you want to wait almost 3 weeks and counting to receive your order, stay clear of Sears online. I place an order on April 19 for 3 toss cushions. The verification e-mail stated I would receive my order in the store I chose to have it delivered to in 3-7 days. Day 7 I called as I checked my account online and noticed that it didn't even show I placed an order. After several days of making calls, was told it was shipped on Apr 29 would arrive May 6 at the store.

May 6 came and went. Called customer service again. Told it had been shipped out on May 2...what?? I had already been told it had shipped Apr 29. So again I was told would arrive in store on May 8. Well guess what? Surprise, surprise. I went to the store in person, and nope. Wasn't there. This whole time, I have not received 1 single form of online communication from Sears on the status or my order, not 1. Single. Email. Poor communication, almost 3 weeks and STILL NO DELIVERY. I had read many, many complaints such as this from other customers but thought, heck, give them a chance. I just want my damn order and then NEVER AGAIN. Worst online ordering experience EVER.

Had Sears come out few times for repair of appliances, not once did they even touch the appliance, but still had to pay bill! I had man come out 2 weeks ago to fix fridge, he showed up 6pm on FRIDAY night, gets out car and runs to the door! Comes in, I open freezer and pull out bread. He says, "Well this feels cold!" I tell him my freezer isn't freezing, and top shelves in fridge are freezing. He responds, "Well you're not supposed to put things on the top shelves except butter or bacon. Eat things that can freeze because there's a vent." I said that is ridiculous! He tells me, "As long as the fridge turns on Sears won't fix it, so if it doesn't turn on call us back!!!"

I'm fighting this bill till the end! I have three babies with no food! We had to wait a week for this guy with no food who didn't touch the fridge! I had to buy a fridge that night. I called Sears multiple times who claimed, "That wasn't right. You don't have to pay the fee. Our guy should have ran actual tests." Turned out not to be the case. The guy was just in a hurry to go drink a beer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

I have a full home warranty with Sears, and as of this date since the 29th of April I still have no hot water. However I was forced to pay a $60.00 dollar deductible before they even ordered one part. Sears is no longer a dependable company. Run. Don't walk away from Sears.

A repair technician sold me protection agreements on two dishwashers. Apparently he never completed the contract. I have been trying to get Sears to honor the agreement and they claim there is no record of such agreement. I have provided copies of the canceled check given to the tech and deposited by Sears to four different departments, but no one has any record of the check or the service agreement. Just recently they sent an offer for a service agreement on same appliances that was $42 cheaper than the one I purchased and the dishwashers are 7 months older.

Two times I had an appointment with Sears to come to my house and perform maintenance on my riding lawn mower and once I waited all morning for the supervisor of the maintenance crew in the Battle Creek Michigan area to call me back. All three times I was disappointed as they did not show up or call when they promised they would. Sears' people forget that customers work and often have to miss work in order to wait for Sears to appear at their house. The supervisor for the mower maintenance crew that oversees Battle Creek Michigan area couldn't care less about lying to the customer.

If the Sears' people wonder why they are losing their jobs, they might want to consider customers first. I have bought high end appliances and so forth at Sears, but I know I wouldn't buy from them again. It is a shame that a store that used to give good service does so badly. Good bye Sears, some business who cares about customers will take your place as you become a historical thing.

Never, never, never buy a dryer from this company!!! We had to have a service call within the first 6 months. Have to run the dryer two cycles to dry. Then, it blew a fuse because the switch broke. The switch is just thin plastic!!!! The guy who came to "fix it" said, "Just don't push it too hard"! Then he said he will send us a switch in the mail for us to fix!!! Now, we are attempting to use it without the new switch because it still isn't here. The whole laundry room was hot!!! Now I call to complain and ask for a new dryer and they said they have to send a new person to look!!! Who was the first guy, nothing??!! Miss more work and worry about the house catching on fire for a company who can't back their product!!! This is the worst company that I ever dealt with ever!!! Do not, do not, do not buy from them!!!

Order appliances from Sears. Called to check on the delivery times. They were trying to explain something to me about a delay but I couldn't understand the representative, who was speaking a very broken English. I spend about 20 minutes per phone call, only to be placed on hold, and then was given an explanation that I couldn't understand. Eventually cancelled the entire order due to my frustration. My order was over $3,000, but they lost the sale because of unacceptable customer service.

I purchased a weedwacker gas trimmer on 12 March, 2017 through Sears.com with a store pick up. Due to travel reasons, I did not pick it up until 29 Mar, 2017. The item was defective and I initiated a return through Sears.com on 24 April (Less than 30 Days from pick up date). I received an email telling me to return the item to the store for a refund. When I went to the store to return the item, was told by the store personnel that it was more than 30 days from the purchase date and not refundable.

First, if this is true, why did Sears.com not tell me this initially, instead of telling me to return the item to the store. Secondly, if the return is based on a purchase date, then this item sat in the store for 2 1/2 weeks while my warranty passed by. How is this a fair business practice? All other retail warranties start from the date the consumer takes possession of the merchandise. This is an extremely shady business practice. No wonder Sears is struggling...

Sears uses A&E Factory Service. They have made 6 separate appointment and the last appointment they did not even show up or contact me. They called and rescheduled my first appointment two hours after the tech was scheduled. The next visit the first tech ordered the door boot and did nothing but complain about his job and the repair. The third appointment they found the first tech did not order the springs. On the forth visit they found the boot was the wrong size.. On the fifth visit they did not have the proper tools. The sixth visit was scheduled a day later and no one showed up. I contacted Sears and you get no answers from them. I have asked for a full refund so we shall see what comes of that. They did not put the machine (LG Washer) back together.

We purchased a refrigerator at Sears and, at their recommendation, added on a 5 year warranty. Less than a year after use, the refrigerator side started freezing everything and the unit would make an odd croaking sound. We called Sears, and a tech came out. He said the problem was a flap that controlled air flow into the refrigerated side was staying open, when it's supposed to open and close to control temperature. He couldn't figure out why it broke. He replaced the part. A few months later, it started happening again. Same sounds, same frozen (and ultimately wasted) food. Same tech came out, and this time he kept saying how stumped he was. He said he looked into the model, and it's known to have these "issues." He replaced the part, and here we are for the third time in 13 months and it's happening again. And this is where the customer service truly takes a nose dive.

First, we scheduled a tech. The window of time he would show up was 8 AM to 12 PM. We also initiated a tweet conversation with @Searscares because the unit having the same issue three times is unacceptable, let alone three time in 13 months. @Searscares was very polite at first, apologizing for the inconvenience and saying a case file had been created and we would receive a call from the case manager within 24 to 72 hours. The day of the repair, the tech called me at 9:45 saying he was on his way, leaving a city 30 minutes from me. I waited until 12 PM and he hadn't arrived, so I called him. Not one ring; straight to voicemail. I left a message saying who I was and asking where he was and explaining that I couldn't wait all day and asking him to call. Then I reopened my Twitter conversation with @searscares and explained that the tech hadn't shown up within the window (after calling over 2 hours before the end of the window) and now his phone was off. They didn't respond.

At 12:15, I told them I was leaving and to please add this incident to our case file. I also recommended they check on the driver since he hadn't called and it was now hours after he said he'd arrive. They didn't respond to this either. My wife was at work during this, and on her break talked to customer service to see what she could find out. They told her the driver was running late and should be at our house at 1:30. 90 minutes after the end of the quoted 4 hour window. And without a phone call from him to say he was going to be late, even after I left him a message. She explained no one was home anymore. Also, she had received an email from Sears support at 4 AM that day saying "Your service tech has arrived!", which is just a bizarre additional insult to this whole thing.

Later in the day, I reopened my twitter conversation with @searscares to see what they had responded. Nothing. I sent another message asking to acknowledge they had received my previous messages regarding today's tech not showing up and asking if there was a more precise time frame they could give me for the case manager call. I want to emphasize how polite all messages I had sent them had been. The response I received regarding the upcoming manager phone call was snide and unhelpful: "As previously stated, it can take up to 72 business hours for a case manager to be assigned." I replied back that I understood it was previously stated but had hoped our case would have been escalated due to the day's incidents.

Even with a tech missing his 4 hour window and not answering his phone, they didn't deem it important enough to find a way to have someone call. As of now, our unit is still broken. We have been given the runaround and it has been made clear that this company does not care about our business since they already got our money for the unit. I would never buy from Sears again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

TL;DR Warranty service is a temporary fix. Technicians are stumped easily and do not show up within a 4 hour window, and won't return your calls when you call to find out where they are. @Searscares is helpful to a small extent, but when pressed to go above and beyond in the slightest will respond with a snarky comment.

My hot water heater went out for the third time that I purchased from Sears in Oklahoma City. I contacted home repair. They sent a person out which took three days. This is after having no hot water and flooded my home. Took pictures, told me that yes it was broke and that they would ship me one in 7 to 10 days. That's 7 to 10 days without hot water within a home with a three-year-old. Contacted customer service in which I was told by employee and I have the employee's name, employee ID number that I had $749 that I could spend to replace the hot water heater and that I just needed to send in a receipt which I did. Still no refund.

This has been the worst experience ever as a consumer. They delivered my grill this morning - only to be informed THEN that they could not install the grill nor did they haul away the old grill (both services which I paid for). I have spent the entire day trying to resolve this situation AND still no resolution. I have officially spoken and been re-directed by: Odie **, Linda **, Shari **, Kelly **, Jacqueline **, Adam **, Tesa **, Chamae **, and Ellie, Manager **. At this time, over 4 hours later, no one has been able to refund me the fees I've paid for without the services being rendered. I have spent SO much of my day being sent on a customer service hunt. Absolutely terribly service and STILL no resolution!!!

Return of over $500 not being returned to card. Mailed return on March 21, 2017. They received the package April 12, 2017, and we have yet to receive a refund. We have called several times and done the "online chat". After each call or chat, they confirm we will receive the refund in either "48 hours" or "3-5 business days", but this has not happened as of May 1, 2017.

When I signed with Sears for a Home Warranty Plan, I felt safe because Sears is a large firm. I soon learned they are no different than other scam warranty companies. I was told when I signed that the service is 24/7. I was also told if I called for service on more than one item I would only be charged for one service call. I placed a call on Saturday for plumbing, heating and garage door service. I was told I would need to call three different contractors for service and each would charge a service call fee. My deductible is $100, so that meant $300 in service calls, without anyone ever showing up. When I called the contractors each told me they could not schedule me for service until Monday. So much for 24/7. I was also advised that when I call Monday, I should expect to be scheduled for mid week.

I was told by one contractor the order was written incorrectly and I would need call Sears again and place another request. I was so displeased I called customer service to complain and to cancel my warranty. I was transferred multiple times and hung up on each time. Some of the reps were very rude. I have asked the credit card company to refuse any charge attempts from Sears. Do not purchase a warranty from Sears.

Sales lady body shamed my daughter when shopping for bras. Brought my tween daughter shopping at Sears on Grand Canyon Dr. for her first bra. The lady 'helping' us said verbatim to me daughter: "Wow you are a very big girl. We should get you some padded bras if we have any large enough to fit you." Who says that to a young girl?!? Shame on you Sears for employing people like that!

In a nutshell, Shed was not available for free shipping as stated on website. I was told I could pick it up at my Sears store. When I tried to order it, I was told it's not available. Then they proceeded to tell me, "I could have it delivered for $70." Wait just a second. It's not available unless I pay an extra $70? RIP OFF!!!! They attempted to explain how it works differently with BLA, BLA, BLA. I see why Sears is getting killed by Amazon. I've never had trouble with them. I order butt loads (thousands) of dollars worth of items from Amazon every year. Saw something online with Sears and thought, what the hell, they used to be good. Goodbye Sears.

We replaced our 14-year old HVAC equipment in 2013 with a Sears one that cost us $7000.00. We were advised to buy the repair service. Sears knows that not only did they sell us a lemon, they also sold us horrible service. Every time the weather changes the equipment breaks down. This summer it has broken down. The piece that was needed to repair it had to be shipped ground and to go over a week to get here. The technician came two days ago and he claims that he stayed here for three hours make sure that everything was working. When we got home, the HVAC was not working. Called Sears again and now we won't get a technician for the next 10 days and the temperature is in the upper 80's. The technician drives 1.5 hours to come to fix our HVAC. Sears doesn't care about their customers and will never purchase a product from them.

If you are trying to give Sears a try on jewelry, DON'T! Please go to a fine jewelry store or you'll end up spending more than what you are wanting to save. Their product suck, will break in 1 or 2 weeks with no reason just fall off. If you try to take it back you better save, 1) the receipt 2) the tag that comes attach to any product, in my case a little tag as big as the tip of my thumb, which if I'm not wrong most people would throw away. Why would you save the price for something you are giving as a gift? And bring a good reason why and how it broke and why you didn't buy a care plan from them.

Also a lot of patience as employees tell you that if you don't have both things the receipt and the tag, there is nothing they can do, not even an exchange "that is their policy." And one last thing, ask them about a care plan because they will not offer it to you and if you ask about a warranty or some type of plan they tell you only 30 days, but will never tell you that you have to save the tag and the receipt in case anything happens. SUSPICIOUS, is it not? Oh but they offer to fix it for you. Manager's words: "We can send it to California for an estimate of how much it will cost you to fix it, but they will charge you."

I ordered a outdoor dining set from Sears.com. Paid for it only for it to arrive by 2 delivery drivers who are an outside contracting company from Sears per my order and I paid for delivery and set up. They preceded to tell me that they will not set up and had to take my merchandise to their warehouse. They do not set up they just deliver. Now I was expecting my item that was paid for in advance to delivered and set up. Now Sears reschedule my delivery 3 days from now to redeliver my items. The problem I'm mad about is the blatant disconcert and huge inconvenience this has for me.

I was schedule to be out of town for a week now. I lose money because they have to reschedule which in return is costing more than I paid for the item. If this is how they do business then it's no wonder they are losing a lot of business. I was forewarned about doing business with Sears but I judged wrong this time. Lesson learned. I pray there is nothing wrong with the merchandise when it arrives in 3 days which I should have just said cancel my order and get my money back and seek elsewhere.

I called in for my broken washer on January 26, 2017. The tech came out and ordered wrong parts, then another tech came out and attempted to fix it, ordered more wrong parts, then again and again. Today is April 28, 2017 my washer is still not fixed. They tell me tech needs to complete 4 repairs before I can qualify for the new one. How can this happen if they keep ordering wrong parts??? I feel like I am beating my head against a brick wall... Even wrote to BBB, but still did not hear from them yet. My basement looks like a Sears warehouse.

I called to get my microwave range fix because the smoke detector was going off and they said I can pay $150 for someone to come out or buy the warranty and pay $75 for a service fee and get all my appliances fixed if I needed it and it includes labor and parts. On 3/13/17 I purchased the policy and they charged me $49.99 and came out to look at my range. They charged me $65 determined it was just a weak fan, but nothing was wrong. 4/7/17 my washer was acting up and called to put in a claim. They said, "Wait until 4/8/17 that's when your policy fully activates."

I was thinking I bought it in March why does it activate in April. Either way they come out today because I didn't have a day off until now and mind you they charged another $49.99 on 4/11/17 and so they charged me $75 for today's service to tell me repair estimate for the washer was $2K but that the policy didn't cover it because it was a pre-existing damage because I called 4/8 and the policy activated 4/8. I bought it 3/13! So after $250 down the drain with nothing fixed, I cancelled the policy. Worse policy ever. They accused me of lying.

I purchased a Sears Garden Tractor last year. This year after the first use, it wouldn't start. I called Sears Home repair at the end of March and explained the situation. I was told it would be almost a month before a technician could make it. Reluctantly, I agreed since I was under warranty. My appointment was scheduled for April 27th between 8 am and 5 pm. I received a text message on the 26th stating that my appointment was confirmed and I received a text on the 27th reminding me that someone would need to be home when the technician arrived.

After taking off work and waiting all day, I finally called Sears at 4:58 pm and was initially told that I was probably the technicians last job and he would be there shortly. Then the service operator began apologizing. There was no technician coming. There were no technicians in my area and wouldn't be until the end of May. Firstly, I'm upset that my tractor lasted one year before problems. Secondly, I missed an entire day at work sitting at home waiting on a technician, who I had two text concerning, wasn't even coming.

Purchased Kenmore 70219 20.5 cu ft - delivered 4/13/2017 - product had a sharp edge in the freezer area and slight insulation coming out on seal. Delivery team... noticed this first when connecting the water line. Called for service... many many days of headaches. They claimed I did not call in within 72 hours... even though the delivery was noted as defective.

Philippines customer service wore me out. Nice people but there is a disconnect with the customer service staff. Finally spoke to delivery in Miami and a gentleman Jay ** spent an hour on the phone and finally got approval to have the refrigerator serviced. Tri State Service Center - Wall NJ came on 4/24/2017 and said: "Sharp edge in corner of center - non replaceable part - covered with tape." WELL HE CUT THE TAPE WITH HIS TEETH AND PLACED IT OVER THE SHARP PIECE OF METAL. And then gave me a copy of a warranty bill for $234.06. I questioned him on the charge of $120 for the non serve part. I said... "Is that for the piece of tape!!!"

Called for My Home and advised them of the situation. Part not fixable/replaceable. They scheduled another replace and pick up for today. Same delivery guys came to house as two weeks ago (very very nice delivery team). The delivery team opened the box this morning and this refrigerator - seal around freezer was worse than the one delivered two weeks ago. Many Many hours wasted... Spent the morning on the phone while driver called himself and took pictures also to ensure I called and delivery team called - Sears policy... Must hear from both parties.

What the heck has happened to Sears. This has been and still is the most horrific experience I ever had with Sears or any appliance issue. Shame on them! I filled out surveys but no one gets back to you. I guess I will be playing this game trying to get a new refrigerator until someone ensures I get the product I EXPECTED AND PAID FOR.

DO NOT USE THEM! Two technicians were very rude and told me they could not come back to fix the problem because it was not worth their time. When I filed a complaint, Sears asked, "What do you want me to do about it." The phone got disconnected and I tried to call back and the number that appeared on my caller ID was out of service. Never got the problem resolved. Terrible customer service.

They used to have a return policy of 90 days, then 60 days & most recently 30 days which I was unaware of. I bought some pants as a gift for someone that didn't fit properly. I bought them back with the receipt after 34 days. I did not want my money back. I did not want a gift card. I did not want a different item. I just wanted the same exact pants in the same exact color in a different size. The store had a huge display of these pants so it wasn't as if it was an old item. BTW, the pants were Sears brand. The cashiers refused. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told that there were none in the store??? I came home & called their customer service. Same story - no exchanges.

I wrote a letter to the President of Sears. I just received a phone call from a man that could barely speak English, saying that he received my letter & you guessed it - store policy - no returns. I said that I wrote the letter to the President, not him & I expected a response from a person in charge. I asked to speak to a supervisor & was told, as usual, none were available???

Past problems that were not resolved satisfactorily - a very expensive Sealy Posturepedic mattress collapsed after about a month of use - after about 6 months of fighting, they said that model was no longer available & replaced it with a much cheaper version. Sealy didn't help - they said since I bought it from Sears, I had to go through them. Another expensive item - Whirlpool refrigerator broke a few days after the warranty expired - "Too bad," said Sears. Please share & don't shop there anymore.

I ordered a new vacuum cleaner from Sears September 2016. I was in therapy at the time and sick most of the time. When the vacuum arrived I didn't check the bag inside to see if it was new or used. I left in November and returned home the middle of April 2017. I wanted to vacuum my room but the vacuum wasn't picking up anything properly. I checked the bag and it was full. I used this vacuum 4 times and the area of carpets is approximately 170 square feet. Impossible! So Sears sold me either a floor model or one that had been returned. All Sears will comply with at this point is to say sorry for the inconvenience but you didn't return the vacuum in accordance with their return policy. I didn't think I was getting a used product to begin so it's imperative that if you do business with this company be sure to check that what they sold you was what they advertised. I won't patronize this jackass company again.

I ordered a dress for 108.00 from Sears. It ended up coming from the marketplace. It was bad quality so I contacted Sears who had me call marketplace vendor who told me to ship back. Went through all request for return that costed me 40.00. I get my Sears bill and called back and ask about the refund and Was told refund back to my credit card would be taken care of. So I thought ok done. Wrong.

Over a month later I get my bill and they only refunded me part of it and that the part they didn't refund me now had acquired a 30.00 late fee. So called back 3 more times and get the runaround. Finally get a hold of someone and they tell me there's a restocking fee of 40.00. So I ask Sears customer service rep why I was never notified of it and was told they don't deal with that and I should contact marketplace vendor who doesn't answer their calls. In the end got a lot of runaround and have paid 110.00 for a dress that the vendor will resell and rip off someone else with. Whatever you do don't order from Sears or Sears marketplace. They are a rip-off and do not stand behind their products and will not help you. Their customer service is a joke.

Sears Company Profile