3.10/5
Based on 3,970 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sears

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

6225 Sears Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Updated 09/19/2019: This is a follow up to my initial review. The total cost of labor and parts came to $409 which was ridiculous to replace a spark plug module and I was asked to pay in advance before the job was to be done. I canceled I had to pay for the diagnostic which came to $136.09 (taxes included). I just received a receipt from Sears Service in my email and was offered a 50% discount for the repair ( Diagnostic fee not included). This seems a very odd way to run a business to say the least. Incredible. Will not call Sears again.

Original review: Called for a repair to a gas range. The diagnostic fee was $125 which I agreed to. The tech did not have the spark plug module and would have to order it. The total cost of the repair he said was $409 to replace a part and I was asked to pay in advance before the work was to be done. I was asked to pay in order to order the part! Pay for the complete job before it was to be done! The labor was $300. Ridiculous. Why would a customer pay so much for a repair when the simple replacement part and work to just plug it in is the cost of a new stove. Ridiculous. Will never call Sears Repair Service. I canceled and will buy a new stove. I still had to pay $125 for the diagnosis of the problem. The tech spent more time texting on his computer than unscrewing the back part and testing the spark plug.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I had request repair for my dryer. Gave them the make model and error code. Error code stated what was wrong. After waiting 3 weeks for a repair man to show he did not bring the part required to correct the error. He has to now order the part and will be out in another 3 weeks to install the part. Seriously “6 weeks” to get a dryer repaired.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

We have a Sears home protection on our GE Washer purchased in 2014. First technician came out in July to diagnose. Needed to order parts. 2nd technician came out and said needed more parts so he ordered them. 3rd technician came out and said he needed more parts so he ordered them. 4th technician came out and said he needed more parts so he ordered them. Today, September 17, was supposed to be the big day to finally get the washing machine fixed. The appointment was set up for 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. The 1800 line called me in the morning to verify if an adult would be home and I gave them my husband's phone number. No one called all day, and no one showed up.

My husband wasted a whole day of working waiting for Sears because we are tired of lugging everything to the laundromat and spending $4.50/load plus dryer. I called Sears and was told the technician had an emergency today and went home. I asked Sears why they would not have called their customers to inform of this but couldn't get any answer on that. The next appointment is September 25 so we will be at least 8 more days without a washer. I would never buy from Sears ago and will definitely not renew this repair agreement. Poor Sears... They are really, really horrible now.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I purchased a treadmill from Sears.com on 9/1/18. The earliest possible delivery time was 9/16. Made the purchase and was informed I would get a call on 9/15 to schedule the time for the delivery. Two weeks wait made me reconsider the purchase. Goes to show your first instincts are usually right. I chose to go ahead with the purchase. On 9/15 I get an email stating my deliver had been rescheduled till 9/16. This was the date I was expecting it. Went to the online chat to check the status. Oh yes, it is showing scheduled for delivery on 9/16. I explained the email I received and they could not understand it.

Shortly I receive a phone call on automated line stating I needed to call a number about my order. I did so only to find a person who did not care only to tell me my order would be coming next week 7 days later. When pressed about why Sears had my money for two weeks why was the delivery being delayed. He then begins to blame the manufacturer. Convenient to put the blame somewhere it could not be verified. Strange the delivery team called the night before the delivery and not the store calling to tell me of the delay. Or what could it really be the delivery team did not have any other deliveries coming this way and was holding my purchase until the following Monday so it would be more beneficial to them and financially better for them?? If you have been around retail at all you can figure this one out.

Ever tried to call to speak to a supervisor with Sears? Good Luck. They are in the witness protection program. I asked for a supervisor during the initial phone conversation and was told it would do not good, "They will tell you the same thing I am telling you." Called one of the customer service numbers the following day and was told I would receive the call in thirty minutes. Must be an extremely slow clock or a broken clock they are using. No wait, a broken clock is accurate twice a day. I am waiting for my phone call or the treadmill to arrive. Let's see which one happens first.

As you can see the purchase does not mean that much to me now. I will have to make a decision whether to keep it or cancel the order. There is a reason Sears is struggling and as I have found out from my first purchase at Sears, I totally found out why. My question now is if I keep the treadmill how can I possibly feel comfortable with service after the sale? I can only hope that the witness protection plan does not include the repair people.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Called Sears for help on a Fridge I purchased a few years ago. I called 800 469 4663. 1st agent I couldn’t understand at all and she hung up on me. Called back and I could barely understand 2nd agent but she wasn’t helpful at all. I Asked for Supervisor 6 times before I was sent to one. Supervisor Renea from Philippines answered but was no help. I asked for Renea's boss, he said Kian, his supervisor was in a meeting. None I talked to said they had ID employee numbers and No complaint department or process. No complaint phone number, unusual email only moments@customerservice.sears.com.

It’s impossible to speak to anyone in the US when calling Sears. Sears Facebook page was no help either. After looking online for Sears complaints, I see why. Sears is not the company they use to be. They no longer care about customer service. This will be my last purchase I will ever make from Sears. There are many other companies that sell the same things they offer. Do yourself a favor and pick anyone else to purchase your products from and forget Sears.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I've used Sears Repair for 25 years. Always happy, but not now. Waited 3 weeks for appointment to fix our range. Repairman showed up, spent 5 minutes to say he couldn't fix it. Billed $99 on debit card, said it didn't go thru. Wrote a check for $69 (he offered a discount, after realizing that $99 was crazy). He left and the original $99 charge went through on debit card. Called him and he said to call the service department. Spent 2 hours and 5 calls over 2 days getting routed to wrong people at Sears. The Repairman would not answer my calls or texts. Still no refund. I will never use Sears Repair again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We needed a repair on our washing machine. The first service tech was brand new, here a few minutes and shortly after leaving the problem started again. Second scheduled call, someone was out sick. Rather than putting on the next day, we were put off for another week. Up to 3 weeks now waiting for a repair. Second tech was efficient, solved the problem same trip. He presented a home warranty suggestions that would cover "everything" in our home. Against my instinct, I signed up for it. Approximately 2 months later our central air stopped working. When we called for service, we were told 3 weeks for a service call, In the hottest weeks of the summer. Before I could cancel this horrible plan, we received a call from a collection agency. It appears that Sears had a problem with their processing of credit cards, and my initial repair bill never processed.

According to the collection agency, they had no other way to fix it but to contract with this agency. They said it was a non-reporting group. I refused to pay them, and instead set about calling Sears to handle the matter. Repeated phone calls, never once had a live person or a returned call. Finally got someone by selecting that I needed service. Only to be told I had an early termination fee. They had the nerve to drop my monthly charge in half if I kept the remainder of the year (WHICH I DID NOT DO) as I'm sure the contract would auto roll into another. Horrible, horrible way of doing business. I had always loved Sears for their appliances and services in years gone by, but I see now why they are struggling to stay afloat.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Sears service (Transform SR Brands LLC,) is by far the most horrific service company I have ever dealt with. As of today it is 51 days since my case was opened on 7/22/19 and my garden tractor is still not scheduled for repair. A tech was on site on July 22, 2019 to evaluate the problem. The frame cracked in several places along with damage to many other parts. Parts were ordered and most were delivered. I believe from the order they are still missing 6 parts with no sign of delivery. I have been scheduled 4 times since receiving parts for a tech to install them and have been cancelled 4 times the day of service. I am still waiting for a yet another mgr to call me and reschedule an appt. I ask "How does Sears service schedule appts without having a tech available?" I get the same BS every time I call, "Did you receive all the part?" OR, "We are scheduling a senior tech" OR "We don't have a tech available."

I ask, "Don't you know what parts were delivered and what parts may be missing." Initially Sears deemed the tractor as a loss and should be replaced however unlike the original protection plan bought at POS that would replace the garden tractor no matter the cost, whereas the renewal contract only pays only 1500.00 for a 3100.00 tractor. Mind you the renewal contract cost was the same as the POS Contract but only provides half the return value. (They hid that clause pretty good.) One mgr told me that the parts order was split and some parts weren't shipped and he didn't know why but he would fix the problem. Was it fixed? NOT. Still no notification from Sears or UPS that additional parts are being shipped.

In all my born days I have never witnessed a service company so unorganized with than Sears home services. Sears is on the hook until Aug. 2020. It would have been more cost effective to replace the 5 yr old garden tractor as there wouldn't have been any service calls for a new tractor. I've had to pay a gardener to cut my grass several times.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I recently made a purchase from Sears.com and the part didn't fit my LG washing machine. I requested a return authorization and was told "no problem". I am still waiting for the return authorization. This purchase was made on Aug 28th 2019. I have contacted them via email, chat, and by phone. Today I received an email asking if I had received the return auth. but if I had not, call 1-800-283-6940. This number is no longer in service. What a bunch of CRAP. Be forewarned. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH SEARS, No wonder they are closing so many stores.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

This is the third time our LG Elite refrigerator has broken down. It took 8 days to get a tech to the house & now we have to wait 10 more days for the 5 parts to arrive. This is not acceptable. Most appliances seem to be junk....

Sears Company Information