1.07/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

5205 Sears Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased a water heater and furnace from Sears and had them install both products. Both installation were a mess. The water heater I had to call every year because it always went out. This last time I was told I have to purchase a new one because they no longer carry that model. Long story, 5 weeks with no hot water and I'm still dealing with this. The furnace, when installed, had the plug cut so it could fit into a two prong outlet. Few years later, furnace not working because it is not in the correct outlet. Had to call an electrician to fix it. When he finished, I called Sears to get it inspected. Appointment was at 8am to 11am. Time came and left. Called Sears and they claimed technician showed up and no one was home. I had been there the whole time. I was told they would contact the technician to come back. 3 hours later, still waiting. Worst service ever. I always used Sears for all appliances, never again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased a Beautyrest Recharge mattress from Sears in Grand Rapids, Michigan April 2015 for just under $900. After about one year it started to sag on both sides being slept on. We rotated the mattress regularly, and are of average weight. After it got worse, I called the Sears customer service line and received instructions on how to file a prorated claim (10 yr warranty). We have the receipt, took pictures, and followed all their instructions on how to process a claim. We were denied any adjustment however because I had removed the “law tag”. There was no appeal. We have repurchased a new mattress, but not at Sears or not a Simmons Beautyrest. The law tag states not to be removed except by the purchaser, but be aware of Sears policy.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have had this warranty for 10 months now. Today they sent a plumber instead of a dishwasher repair person. When I called initially, I selected repair and for my dishwasher. I was sure I was NOT in need a plumber. Today, already I have called many times today only to be told each time with a recording that the wait time is over 20 minutes. So I called my local Sears store, and they said they are no longer part of this warranty. I then called A & E service who used to come when I called the Sears Warranty service and they said I had to call the number that I have been calling. This has been frustrating. Then I decided to check the reviews and I found that many people are upset with the lack of service. I am canceling my debit card so that I can stop the automatic payment that they have enjoyed. I want my money back. I had to rate one star, if I could have given less then that, I would have.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I made 2 or 3 visits to the children's department in the lower level of Sears at Governor's Square Mall in Tallahassee, FL. in mid-October 2017. I rarely go to the mall, and only go to Sears to return Lands’ End items I have ordered online. This time, when I went to return my Lands’ End item that did not fit, I was helped by a very attentive, calm, knowledgeable woman named Angela. Because Angela made the return so easy and smooth, I started looking around and ended up buying over 20 items on sale in the children's department. I told my daughter about the sale, and she and I both returned the next day - with a fussy toddler in a stroller. Angela was absolutely patient, wonderful, smooth, and handled our many questions and piles of clothes with grace, as she also assisted other customers.

Angela was truly exceptional and deserves to be recognized for her outstanding customer service, and going way above and beyond to assist us. I appreciate true customer service, and know it is rare to find such a helpful competent salesclerk in a retail store. I shop where the people act like they appreciate my business!! I do not shop or spend my money in businesses that convey the message (intentionally or not) that I am interfering with whatever they were doing, and I should be grateful they would take my money. NO, I do not patronize those places. Thank you, Angela, for being a shining example of customer service.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I was told that I would be charged $105.00 + parts for a repair person to come down. When the repairman came down I was quoted a additional charge of $115.00 for the part to be installed + $29.00 for a lint cleaning of the dryer + the $105 charge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

If I could give 0 stars I would!, My repair has now gone on for two weeks! 2nd appointment cancelled due to lack of parts. I had to call Sears to find out more parts are needed. No communication whatsoever. Sears Home Repair services are horrible. I would recommend buying elsewhere. NEVER PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN. JUST TERRIBLE!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The warranty description from the salesperson needs to be more complete. I was told all of my appliances would be covered in my home if I bought this warranty and sure enough, the first time I had an issue it was fixed. Then after a year or so more of payments, I had an issue with a refrigerator. I called and the service people came out, but when they asked to get what they needed to fix the refrigerator, they were told that the warranty would not cover the appliance because it was not my main kitchen refrigerator. It is a second refrigerator in my pantry that is used daily. It appears there are limits to just what appliances are covered and I feel I was deceived. When I cancelled, I was charged for the entire month, and was told when I called back and asked why, that it was up to me to call my credit card company to assure that they do not send any more money to the warranty.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Since 2006 I have purchased all of our appliances from Sears. Nearly all of these appliances are from the Kenmore Elite line. When not from the Elite line, they are always Kenmore brand. In 2015/2016 I purchased a new stove from Sears. I bought a Kenmore brand after my Kenmore Elite brand stopped working. When the stove arrived, it did not work. I went back and forth for WEEKS with Sears to get the stove replaced. They would schedule appointments and tell me it would be here, not show up, say it was back ordered, etc. I was happy when the stove finally arrived.

In February 2017, the stove stopped working AGAIN. I called into Sears. They had me pay a fee to have someone come to look at the stove. They determined again that the main motherboard was out of the stove and needed to be replaced. This was the 2nd time on the 2nd stove. The Sears representative in our home told us we were just outside of the warranty because they start the warranty on the date of sale, not the date of delivery. So even though we went several weeks without the stove, the warranty time was still ticking away. He talked us into purchasing their warranty that would cover all of the appliances in our home. We agreed and he came back a week later to install the new part. He told us that the part itself would be under warranty for a year.

Fast forward a few months to September 2017. The same exact thing we experienced with this stove 2 times prior is now beginning to happen again. I call into Sears and tell them we need them to come and look at it again. The representative tells us that we have to go through the Warranty department. They then tell us we have to pay another $75 for someone to come and assess the stove. I tell them that this is the THIRD time in less than 2 years we have encountered this problem, the stove obviously needs to be recalled, that it is a lemon, and that we were told it was under warranty, so why do we have to keep paying fees for someone to come fix the defect?

She tells us that we have no other options but tells us that we can have any appliance in the house serviced at the same time for the same fee. We tell her that is fine because our dishwasher is also acting out. She gives me a number to call and schedule the service representative to come out. She tells me they contract with this company and to pay the $75 to them. I did not call them because I didn’t have the fee at the time.

Within a week (Again, I never called them), they just show up at my home and tell me that Sears sent them. They start flipping our breakers, unplugging and replugging the device, etc. In doing this, the stove stops working completely! (It was working before but acting out, now it is not working at all!!) The representative tells us it is in fact the same part as before. He says since this is the 3rd time, they will likely just total it out along with our dishwasher for the “trouble.” He says we have to pay the $75 fee prior to them moving forward. We tell him we will pay it the following Friday when I get paid. The company Sears sent At Home Services out of Salt Lake City call us daily for that fee. Every day I tell them the same thing… “Next Friday when I get paid.”

On the Friday, I call and pay the $75.00 fee. They tell me that they will be back in my area on Tuesday, September 26, 2017, and will come between 12-5 P.M. I arrange to be home that afternoon (miss work) and they never show, nor do they call. I call at 6 PM and get an answering machine, leaving a message asking for information on arrival time for the technician. As of 3:30 P.M on September 27, 2017, my call had still not been returned. I called again. They said they apologize and thought they were coming the next Tuesday October 03, 2017. That day rolls around and same story! They then reschedule for October 11, 2017 telling me that they still had not received the parts or any information from Sears.

October 11, 2017 arrives and At Home calls changing the appointment to October 13, 2017 stating the same reasons. That morning, October 13, 2017 and At Home calls and says they again will not be coming because they do not have parts from Sears. They said I needed to call Sears, track the part, and then call back to schedule the service. I explain I do not understand how this is my job since I paid for the items originally, pay monthly for the warranty, paid the service fee multiple times, missed work, sit on hold, get transferred all over, etc. Now I have been without a stove for a month! They tell me they can only advise me to call because it is “not their fault, they only contract to do the work with Sears.”

I call into Sears, sit on hold for almost an hours, get transferred to 3 different departments, and I am told that they never sent parts because they never received the service order from At Home. They stated they opened the claim to be paid but never followed back up with what needed to be done. At this point I am frustrated because both these agencies are pointing fingers at one another, and I just need my appliance replaced! She puts me on hold, calls them, comes back and tells me they will work on it and be calling me back.

I wait 3 days and after not receiving a call from either company, call back in. I reach a supervisor named Demitris at phone number 800-327-9787 Ext **. Explain the situation. He assures me he is going to see this through, that it is unacceptable, and that they are running him around as well. I call him over the next 2 days and never get a returned call. He finally calls my husband’s phone and says that they are just going to replace the appliances and provides him a product number. He advises him to have me look at the appliances and call him back and let him know if they are acceptable. I was upset that he still did not return my calls, but rather called my husband, who had no involvement with this situation and also has a disability.

I looked at the part numbers provided. I was very upset. I paid for Kenmore appliances and they were offering to replace them with generic GE appliances that did not have the same extras I paid more for with the appliances I purchased in store. I felt I was treated unfairly that they took my money for high end appliances that I had nothing but problems with, then after going through all of the above, insult me by offering to replace with cheap generic appliances. They have done nothing but take money from me and treat me horrible.

I attempt to call Demitris again 3-4 more times. My messages and calls go unanswered. I call back into the main number. The representative tells me that I do not have any options. that they do not have to replace with equal value, same appliance, etc. She says they only have to have similar features. She said my stove had burners and oven; they only have to replace with an oven that has burners and oven. Doesn’t have to be same size, same number of burners, etc. She tells me that my only other option is to take a $400 credit toward the purchase of a new stove and dishwasher that has to be professionally installed by an approved Sears’s provider. I told her that is not even fair because I cannot replace one of the appliances for that price, let alone 2, especially if I am forced by them to have professional installation. She says sorry, but that is how it is and there are no other options.

I told her "Fine, send the appliances because I have no other choice, but I will NEVER EVER do business with Sears again, EVER." I also told her that I did not want their warranty services any longer. She said, “That’s fine.” She told me she would send the appliances and that they would arrive in 3-5 days. I asked her to give me more specific details because I have to work and need to know when they would be here. She told me she can only say 3-5 days. I sit and wait, on day SIX I get a call from a delivery company that says they will be to my house in 30 min with the appliances and that I need to get things ready because they will deliver the new appliances only and that I will be responsible for the other appliances.

They arrive almost an hour later, take off the front of my cabinet, disconnect my water, etc. They then start to unload the truck and I notice from the kitchen window that the appliances were white. I go outside and tell them that I will NOT take white appliances on top of everything else. I told them it was bad enough I have all Kenmore/Elite products and now have to have 2 GE but I will not have half black and half white kitchen on top of everything else. Especially because I have now been without my stove almost TWO MONTHS (with 6 children, one of which is a special needs foster son and my licensing requires me to have working stove.)

He says that they “can never get it right.” He said he didn’t have black ones so he will just have to write “refused” on the delivery order and we will have to call Sears to get the order in black shipped. In the meantime, I am already on the phone attempting to get Sears on the line. I sit on hold while the delivery guy waits almost 45 min. Sears answers and I explain what happened. They said they will have to review calls to see if I requested black, and that it could take 2 business days. I told her they will never hear me request black because I was NEVER asked about a color. I told her they have my records and can see that the appliances are black and that they have always been black. She again says they still need to review the calls and would call me back. At this point the delivery guy leaves. I have to put my cabinets back together, turn my water back on, etc. because he left my house a mess.

I wait 5 business days, of course, no call from Sears. I begin to start a complaint with the BBB which advises me to contact a particular division of Sears prior to filing a complaint. I do that instead of filing the complaint. AGAIN, trying to just get the issue resolved. 24 hrs later I get a call from a Sears agent stating that she is escalating the complaint but that it comes from their Warranty department and she has no control over how fast they are but she will call me back in 24hrs to let me know what she found out.

I wait another 3 days, no call from either department. I call in again. I ask to speak with a supervisor. I am placed on hold and told there is no supervisor available to speak with me. I am advised they will put in a request and my call will be returned in 48hrs. 3 days later, I call in again because no call has been returned to me. I am told the same thing. I told them I keep calling and they keep telling me that, but they are not following through. To which I am told, “Well I am submitting the request again, I suggest if you do not receive a call back, you call again!” At this point I want to pull my hair out.

I wait 5 more days, and call again. They attempt to tell me the same thing… “no supervisors available, we will submit a request for a call back.” To which I respond that I am not accepting that. I am going to file the complaints, seek attorneys, do whatever I need to do because this is not okay. There are protections for consumers; I have had so much loss over this entire situation, that it affects my licensing for my foster child, 6 kids, no stove for 2 months, etc. I tell him I want copies of every single contact I have had with Sears regarding this situation. I said I want copies of notes, calls, documents, etc. He puts me on hold. Surprise, a supervisor comes on the line… This supervisor proceeds to tell me that my case is closed because they attempted to replace the appliances and I refused them. Not only are they closing the case, but charging me a restock fee.

I told her I refused WHITE appliances because all my appliances are black. She said it doesn’t matter. I was informed if they were returned for any reason they would close the case and charge restock fees. (I was NEVER EVER informed that.) I told her I attempted to call while the appliances were still in my house and was told they needed 2 days to review calls, even though I told them color was never addressed. She told me the part numbers provided showed the appliances in white. They also had little boxes off to the sides of all of the color options under the same number they provided me!!! She said I agreed to the appliances. I told her I did not agree to the appliances, they told me I do not get options. She said, "And you don’t." I told her I wanted all of my records with Sears, she told me if I want them I can Subpoena them.

At this point I have to just hang up because I am losing my patience and ability to be professional and calm. I find myself wanting to yell and curse and I know it isn’t her fault. This is ridiculous. I have now been without a stove (& dishwasher, but stove is necessity) for OVER 2 MONTHS. I have 6 children, a licensed foster home (which requires me to have a working stove) and it is a week before Thanksgiving. They can promise me callbacks, and never call me, promise to come to my house, have me miss work, never show up, take my money over and over again and not provide the service, tell me they will come at a certain time and show up days later and I am suppose to do NOTHING. They can do whatever they want with no consequence. They tell me because I refuse to take white appliances on top of EVERYTHING else they have done to my family that I am SOL and have no recourse? Not okay!

Oh, not to mention I have told them I no longer want this warranty service they charge me for and do nothing with, and they continue to do so. I cannot count the ways they continue to steal from me! I expect at this point Sears to replace the appliances with equal or better appliances. (I think I have well earned it after everything they have done.) No more fees, no more business after. I want them to make this situation right and I will never do business with them again. I think after all the suffering, phone calls, missed work, stress, disrespect, broken promises, nights I had to pay for outside food for 2 months, etc. is a lot more compensation due than what I am requesting.

I am only asking to get what I paid for. If they cannot do this, I think I should get reimbursed for the original purchase price of the stove and dishwasher, along with 2 $75 services fees paid, and all of the money put into the warranty services that they did not provide. In addition, I am asking for any information and advice on how to move forward legally if they refuse to make this situation right. I am willing to file as many complaints or legal actions necessary to have this wrong, righted. My husband is dying and I could have lost my license on my foster home over their carelessness. I cannot afford this stress or financial burden they have thrown at me. I need someone to please help me. I have asked them for the records and they are refusing to provide them as well.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Sears Home Warranty - Took the offer for the free month. After I was charged $64.19 (10/1/17) on my Sears Mastercard statement. I attempted to make an appointment NUMEROUS times to have some work done at my house, and hold time was in excess of 1/2 hour. Decided to cancel, and held over an hour, so gave up. My bill is due 11/25, so I decided to try to call again to cancel, same thing long hold time no matter which option I chose. Finally had to call Mastercard, and the CSR was able to get me connected with warranty center in less than 5 minutes.

Long story short, I got stuck with $64.19, because they said they couldn't refund me for the 1st month even though they never answer the call regardless which option you choose. My December bill hadn't come in yet, so I thought I was safe, but was charged again 11/1... I do have service agreements for my appliances, and have never had a problem. I currently have two refrigerators, weed wacker, generator, washer, and dryer covered, and I have been VERY satisfied. When you call, they answer the phone, and you get taken care of in a timely manner. You might have to wait at the most a week to get an appointment, but I don't think that is unreasonable. I would stay away from the Home Warranty. Complete waste time and money.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

There is NO SUCH THING as Sears Home Warranty. They do not exist. Some third party entity, or perhaps Sears Holdings itself, is happy to take your monthly fee, but there is NO actual service. To request repairs you are put into a loop. The loop will always return you to request your repair again, at which point you will be placed in the loop again. This is a scam, in the name of an already shaky corporation.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I purchased cooktop from Sears online, by chatting with their sales rep. I requested for INSTALLATION after 10 days of order, which is way more than they need, it end up sales key in that date as delivery date, which is the date send to installation contractor. I had to wait 2 weeks more to schedule the installation. On the installation date, the crew came with the cooktop but saying it needs a trim kit to install, and they don't spare parts since they are 3rd party. After calling Sears customer service, they claimed it's installation responsibility to tell me what needs to install. Installation guy said it should be sales. I had no option but to order the part which cost additional 22% of the appliance cost. And the part arrives another 2 weeks later. Very unhappy with how Sears handle customer experience and they rip you off by necessary parts, markdown appliance doesn't tell you total cost. I will never go back to Sears for any product or service. Period.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I'm not exactly sure what outsourced company they use for their customer service but they are absolutely horrendous! Over the last two months of filing a ridiculous warranty mattress claim I have been told by five different associates five completely different things. Every time I get on the phone with someone it seems that this is going to cost me more and more money. It's very clear that there is no set training for these consultant. No one has any authority and the supervisors are just as clueless as the people working under them. I wish I could give zero stars as far as a customer satisfaction rating however it wasn't an option. My next step is filing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully then I'll get something done before this business goes completely bankrupt.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Ordered a repair on an appliance. 20 min before he was to arrive, technician, who only spoke broken English said that he needed $249.00 whether he could fix it or not. He said that all he had to do was stand in my kitchen, look at my oven and decide if he could fix it. If he decided that he couldn't fix it, he would demand $249.00 and then leave. He said it was for the house call. I said to just come over and look at and then decide. On his own after I spoke him, he simply canceled the call. To me, this is a scam. If the technician is lazy, he could look at it, say he can't fix it (even if he could) collect $249.00 and run. Sears says that this is their policy. I hope they go out of business soon so a competent business can take over.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Have had horrendous experience with Sears Home Warranty! Do not buy it. Opened a claim 2 weeks ago for a broken washer with no resolution to date. 2 techs came out and said it needs to be replaced. SHW says they didn't receive service reports. Escalating to manager is useless; they can't help. Their trouble reporting system is broken and no one can help and can't work around it. Stay far, far away from Sears Home Warranty!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have had Sears Home warranty for many years at the cost of approximately $60 per month. However after replacing my water heater, Sears decided not to renew my membership as of November 2017. I called Sears to schedule a repair appointment in early Oct 2017, and asked for a reputable service company. The agent gave me NYC Appliance Repair. The repairmen came to my home on 10/20/17, assessed my Appliances and I paid my $60 deductible. They told me there were repairs needed and would get back to me.

It is now 11/16/17 and I have not heard anything from Sears nor NYC Appliance Repair. Furthermore, I have called Sears over 20 times, they constantly transfer my calls to automated lines. When they do answer the phone after over 65 minutes holding, they promise to follow up. They also told me to call NYC Appliance Repair. However they do not return calls. What is ironic is a friend of mine had a similar experience where Sears did not renew their membership after a claim was filed.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I'm very upset in not only the delivery service of my ordered refrigerator but the install and customer service experience. 1st the delivery personnel weren't very careful moving unit into the ground level basement, no stairs. 2nd the driver broke the door handle to the refrigerator. 3rd he was suppose to have his supervisor order one. After 1 week went by and no part. I called. Customer service states there is no record of the part ordered. After being bounced around from dept. To dept. The rep said she spoke to the delivery manager and it will now be ordered. Wait almost 2 weeks, call again, where is a simple plastic refrigerator door handle for a Kenmore top freezer bottom refrigerator unit. No record again. This part is $10 at most.

They should have plenty in Stock and this item should have been shipped next day delivery. Not the case, mind you it's been a month now since the delivery. I see why this company is sinking, poor customer service, poor delivery service, very amateurish for such a well renowned company, too bad. I now have little confidence in Sears. If they can't get a handle ordered properly, twice. What makes me believe they can do anything more complexed. Very unacceptable and if I'm a PR person, I'm not only fuming but in mode to make sure this type of mishap doesn't continue. I'd suggest shopping around before you trust in Sears. If another store has it, haggle the price or just go with them, apparently Sears doesn't care anymore and it shows and based on other complaints, it's justified.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Sears is unable to provide the service they offer. Main points of contention: lack of communication from Sears, lack of communication from third party service providers, poor quality of work from third party service providers. All work is sub-contracted. Subcontractors do not have phones that they answer, nor may you leave a message. Call center personnel will not allow contact with their supervisors to discuss issues with service. Expect 3 weeks or more for possible completion of service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I am looking at a 3 month wait for dishwasher repair. Diagnostic techs have been out 3 times to look at the dishwasher (each with different results). All parts were ordered and I had an appointment scheduled. Each time one schedules an appointment... there is a two week minimum wait. A discontinued screw was not delivered on time so Sears wanted to cancel the appt. I asked 3 different reps who called to NOT cancel the appt. (from another country communication barrier and unable to communicate beyond their script).

I had the screw at my house and needed to keep the time spot. Unbelievably, they did secure the appt. time... but would not send out a technician until the mysterious screw arrived in the mail. At this point, Sears wants to schedule another 2 weeks out with no guarantee that the screw (unnecessary... I already have one) will arrive in the mail. I do not trust that Sears will actually assign a technician to the appt. if the discontinued/back-ordered screw doesn't arrive. I plan on paying a private contractor to perform the installation. On a side note, I have been waiting 2 weeks for an HVAC contractor to contact me to perform my annual maintenance (should have been contacted within 24 hours).

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We bought a pro series self propelled lawn mower, only used it 5 times, and the cheap thin cable that operates the blades broke. They told us we would have to be home at a certain day from 8 am - 12 pm for the service tech, so I had to take off a whole day from work. Their tech shows up and tells us he does not have any parts to fix it, we told the illiterate female on the phone what model we had but their tech shows up with no parts. So now they have to order the parts for this pile of crap that we spent almost $1000 for. So then the tech tells us all parts will be in 1 week, the parts never showed up, we had to pay a landscaping service to mow our grass, talk about ready to choke the life out of someone, so now their incompetence is costing me money.

So now after 3 weeks the parts finally came in and of course now I have to take another full day of work off, they told me tech will be here between 8am and 12 pm (11-14-17), It's 10:30 right now and he has not showed up yet, companies that do really bad business like this wonder why people go postal on them, now I truly understand... We called the Better Business Bureau and they said they can not do nothing, the mower is only a few months old, and we can not even return this crap. I told my wife to call up our credit card company to see what they can do. It cost us $300 to date for lawn service and I'm self employed so it's costing me $485 a day which I took off 2 days and list work both days. The lawn mower was a craftsman pure junk. And Sears is the worst to work with, their techs are rude and for sure illiterate just like all their employees we have been dealing with.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Terrible - Bought a home warranty. Dryer broke on Oct 4th. Reported it immediately. Lots of runaround. It’s November 14th. Still getting a runaround. No repair, no replacement, no accountability, no refund.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We purchased a Sears Home Services warranty and required a repair on the LG washer we had covered. On Oct. 3rd the technician came to repair the washer and needed to order parts. The parts came and the repair was attempted 2 weeks later with no luck - more parts had to be ordered. The parts came 6 WEEKS after the original repair order. 14 minutes before the technician was to arrive we were required to reschedule the repair for 2 weeks from that date. I phoned "customer service" and they provided anything but that. So, 8 weeks without a washer with a family of 4 is unacceptable. I DO NOT recommend this extended warranty - they limit the number of service calls and you are at their mercy.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

What a nightmare. Over 1 week, on the phone for days trying to get an appointment for a recall. Advised covered, then not covered, advised on my own, nothing they can do. Transferred, discounted, no return calls. Received different info from representatives, unable to speak with supervisor... Per Monica I have to wait 24 to 48 hours. All I can say is don't sign up for this... Cross Country Home Services is apparently the parent company. The runaround for days had me in tears. I finally got an appointment when I called Sears directly... Hope it's true. Not sure. No wonder Sears is in trouble. With companies like Cross Country Home Services they are doomed. I need to end this relationship. I am going to try, don't. Know. If I have. The energy.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I had the worst experience I've ever had. Sears at Lakeside Mall should probably go out of business for their very rude customer service. They have sales going on right now for the holidays and they had signs over the kids boys and girls jackets saying, "Now $16.99" so I grabbed 2 and neither rung up correctly at the register. The cashier said, "Well they are not ringing up $16.99" and she was acting like she wasn't going to do anything about it so we asked for a manager. So she called the manager and she said for the cashier to go look at the signs herself so we showed her the signs. She called the manager back and the manager said they still couldn't change the price no matter what the sign said because the signs aren't supposed to be there then. So then we asked for the manager to come to the register to talk with us about this.

About 25 minutes later 2 people come out of nowhere, did not actually talk with us or apologize about the wait then the cashier made the jackets $16.99 for us. It was just very unacceptable. Also my husband found a pair of boots but wanted a different size so he asked an employee if they had another size in the back, the employee comes back out and says there is way too many boxes of shoes in the back so he can't find my husband the size he wants. That is the most lazy customer service I have ever seen from all employees in this store.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Back in September we purchase a Samsung refrigerator from Sears, they gave us delivery date of October 5th. A few days before the scheduled delivery date the Sears automatic messaging service called us to notify us of our new delivery date of November 4th. Again, just a few days before the scheduled delivery date we received a message that our new delivery date was November 11th. We called Sears home delivery and keep getting the run around, they told us the product was still on back order. But, never did they say it was going to take 2 months get this product.

Had they been upfront from the beginning, we may not have ordered it from Sears and gone somewhere else. Their customer service agents are trained to tell stories, they lied about our order too many times. Just yesterday, we got a voice message and email that our delivery was scheduled for today (Nov 11th) from 9-11 am and when the time passed I called and their automated service recording said my order was rescheduled for November 15th. I can’t trust this company, they got my sale and money but have failed to meet their obligation. I recommend that you not buy from Sears. For the record I’ve been a customer since 1999.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

DO NOT BUY SEARS HOME WARRANTY FOR YOUR HOUSE. For the past eight years we've paid for the Sears refrigerator warranty. We needed to call a repairman eight times over the nine years that we have had the refrigerator and all those time he came within a few days and fixed the problem. This time when we renewed our warranty in August we chose the whole house appliances option. Eight days ago the refrigerator started having trouble staying cold. The freezer would not freeze anything. The refrigerator side only slightly cold. I made a service request on the computer and also called them. They told me it would be three weeks before anyone from Sears could come out and fix it.

They said we could try several other companies they had a relationship with to see if they could come out sooner. The first and second company said they didn't come to Buffalo. The third one said they would come and when the repairman came he opened the refrigerator and freezer and closed the doors and stated he couldn't fix it because it is an LG and it might be the compressor and that we needed to call Cross Country. So we asked him for the phone number for Cross Country and he said he didn't know.

So we call back "Sears Home Warranty" which turns out it is really "Cross Country Warranty". I say to them that I didn't buy a Cross Country Home Warranty, I bought a Sears Home Warranty and that nowhere in my contract of papers and pamphlet and information and card does it state differently. They proceed to tell me that what I bought is a warranty with Cross Country because they work with Sears now. I tell them that this was never disclosed to me when I purchased the warranty and that they had a legal responsibility to disclose that information before I bought the warranty or to update customers if it changed at all during their monthly contract. So now they tell us that the earliest available appointment they have is the beginning of December. They consider waiting ONE MONTH for a repair as acceptable! They are BAIT and SWITCH and FALSE ADVERTISING CON ARTISTS.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I ordered a smart controller from Sears for my electric hot water heater. I was notified that it shipped and supposedly it was delivered but it never arrived so I called Sears and the USPS. Of course they each blamed each other and neither would help me. The Sears service personnel on the phone were particularly rude and unhelpful. I needed the controller so I called Sears again to re-order it. Unfortunately the price had gone up almost 15% but Sears would not give me the same price I paid for the lost controller. I also reported this to my credit card to dispute the first charge but Sears challenged it so I've now paid twice for something I got once.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Cancels Majority of Orders: Not in Stock. Logistically incompetent. Takes 7-10 business days to return $22 Shop Your Way dollars. Call center is India based and English is not a first language. Order from Amazon.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have a Craftsman Brad Nailer that I got from Kmart 11 months ago and it just stopped working on me and because they closed down Kmart. I didn't have my receipt and because Kmart didn't put your info in the computer Sears can't do anything for you because you have no receipt.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Sears Master and Repair Protection Agreements - I'm not going to describe my entire experience with the Sears repair shysters/sales people; however, I am just going to say lookout for the "bait and switch" sales technique. In my case they sold me on a warranty and came out to my home and pulled my Micro/oven out of my wall, shut the power off and then told me it is going to cost 500.00 more than what the warranty sales person said it would cost. The Tech guy was even shaking his head in disappointment when his office was telling him to charge me an extra 500. Very Disappointed by the lack of customer service and understanding.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

On Oct 11 2017 I went on the Sears online and purchased a treadmill, reduced from $2,296 down to $596. It had WiFi, Movies, MP3, Voice Activation -- you get the idea. It was a Cadillac of treadmills. It apparently was from a "3rd party" using Sears. I ordered and my credit card was charged. Delivery was to be Nov 2. At 11:58 pm on Nov 2 I was contacted and the treadmill had been sent to "the wrong state". I contacted them the next day and they were so sorry but they were out of stock. But were willing to give me "another good deal" with nothing - no screen, movies, WiFi etc.

I went online to Sears AND Lo and Behold there was my treadmill only now the seller wanted $858. I spent 4 hours on hold. Finally was contacted by Sears who said there was nothing they could do, it was a 3rd party. I argued it was on the SEARS website. SEARS needs to take responsibility. The Sears spokesperson said yes they had had trouble with this seller. He would try to get a refund, I reminded him he had better or I was going to the news. So I got my refund but no treadmill unless I wanted to pay the $300 more that they were now asking. OH by the way the SEARS spokesperson said this seller changed the prices often. SHAME ON YOU SEARS. No wonder you are losing customers. It is on your website, I trusted you.

Sears Company Information