2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.19/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

The Sears paints that I used would cover in one coat as advertised, had the sheen aka. finish that I desired, were available in myriads of colors as are most brands, and proved to be very durable.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

On time, always can rely on them. They fix problem always or else provides new machine. This has never happened to me. They always fix the problem like new. Plan, covers most of problem costs. Have had Sears service for at least 20 years on all appliances. I am totally satisfied. Would not change to a different service.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2020

It does a good job cooling and heating, although some time I have to check it to see if it is on the correct setting. It works well with the Nest thermostat, it makes it very convenient to keep my home comfortable from anywhere in the house. I like that it came with a 5 year twice a year check up for possible maintenance.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My wife and I had our oven go bad. We have a in home service contract so the repair person (nice guy) tried to get it repaired but it was not repairable. So our contract with SEARS had the company contact us to tell us we had a credit for $1494. We first went to the outlet store in Oceanside where Jason went out of his way to help us. We couldn't find what we wanted so we went to the Escondido store in North County Fair. We had Terry (sales check # **) wait on us. WHAT GREAT SERVICE!!!! Talk about going out of the way. Holy cow. My compliments to your company. This is why we go to the North County Fair store. Keep it open please. Tom **, Valley Center, CA

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I purchased a gift of jewelry online recently and it was an outstanding experience. I found a great buy for cultured pearl stud earrings, perfect for a friend of mine for Christmas. Shopping online was simple and quick. I placed the order within a few seconds, and received an immediate confirmation. Sears sent frequent tracking updates so I could observe the shipping process without even having to enter tracking information. It was a great purchase and service process.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Called to clean dryer vent and made appt. Day before called to confirm and they thought we wanted heating/cooling ducts done. Set them straight, appt still on for Tue. Tue they no show. Call Wed morning, no apology, reschedule for Fri morning. Call Thu, we’re not on their schedule. Fix that, back on for Fri morning. No show Fri morning. Call back, promise Fri afternoon. No show, given fake number for supervisor. Why would ANYONE use them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We have a maintenance plan with Sears for our washer and dryer. We set an appointment over two weeks ago for annual service to be completed between 8am-12p. At 2:30 pm we have heard NOTHING. No call, text, email - nothing. Called Sears customer service 800 number and they said I must contact the 3rd party that Sears arranged to perform the work. Really Sears, I have to contact them? You took my money no problem. So I called the company that Sears gave me, twice, and guess what -- "Please leave a message at the tone." So we did twice and of course, there was no response.

Called Sears back and explained the entire situation to someone else and she explained to me she needed to transfer me to another department. Wow, really? On hold for over 1 hour with a recording saying, "We are experiencing a high number of calls right now, we appreciate your patience." Really Sears, you want me to believe that -- this is exactly why you are in such financial trouble. Your customer service is horrible!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We built a home and furnished it with what we thought was top of the line appliances. The Kenmore Elite Induction Cooktop and our Oven have both now needed repairs. The cooktop itself requires a $1100.00 circuit board. Add installment and we are looking at $1300. We paid over $2000 for the cooktop. You would think it would have lasted 25-30 years. Now going ahead with repairs, I wonder if it will hold up. I have no faith at this point.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I order air duct cleaning service for $179, however when the technicians got in the main one took pictures of inside the air handler unit and produce pictures of a dirty unit. He proceeded to sell me on lies: clean the motor, coils, and whole house sanitizer - which ended up costing over $2200 (including $179). I contacted Sears and no response, and the Business Consumer Alliance nor the Attorney General Office for Consumer Complaints have closed my complaint due to "No Response."

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

From the outset of getting this home warranty we had issues. We got it in July 2019 - I called just for a question to be answered in December and got nothing but the runaround - 5 phone calls (4 X hung up on) to get a simple question answered. I had a claim on my washer in January - it took 6 weeks and 5 techs to finally get it right. The 2nd tech spent the majority of his time telling me that he did not need to get all of the items done because he disagreed with the repairs listed in the work order and berating his co-worker. He left without finishing the job. He took my card information - and never processed the payment - That took several months to resolve.

When we canceled in July 2020 they charged us to cancel - then reversed that cancelation charge and took a payment on the canceled contract. Countless e-mails, phone calls and letters and we are still be harassed for payment including one today where now I am being told I am not authorized on the account that I was authorized on up until this call today. They took $69.99 without authorization of our money on a canceled account and refuse to refund it and refuse to stop sending notifications demanding payments. Do not get this service. There are multiple complaints on multiple sites all saying the same thing.

Sears Company Information