3.09/5
Based on 3,928 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sears

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sears Reviews

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I could go on forever with tons of horrible details with how Sears has treated my family for about 2 months now but the main gist is this. Our refrigerator that we bought from Sears just a year ago broke and we lost tons of money due to food spoiling. Since I was under warranty, they sent a representative who ordered 3 parts to fix it, said it should arrive within a week. About 7 weeks later, 2/3 still haven't because they're back-ordered. It took over a month before Sears would authorize a replacement and I tried every week because y'know, having a fridge is pretty essential! To say we've been heavily inconvenienced or lost lots of money due to compromises necessary when you don't have a fridge is an understatement.

Sears could care less. In fact, even now when the replacement HAS been authorized, they still won't do it until I cancel the 2 parts back-ordered (which required speaking to 7 different departments to get done!) and return the 1 part that came in. Currently, I'm awaiting the mailing information and label necessary TO send it back and then I get to wait another week for them to receive it, all while still not having a fridge.

People, this is what I mean about Sears. They care more about getting their part back than they do their customer not having a fridge FOR TWO MONTHS due to their own incompetence and cruelness. Any other company would be happy to pick up the part at the same time when they drop off the replacement fridge OR you send them same-time. Sears won't lift a finger to help you no matter how reasonable the request. You explain this to them and they just say 'but our policy says, our policy says....' They'll also promise call-backs and emails you'll never get and send things to their back office team saying they'll notify you but they never will so you constantly need to stay on them to keep things moving. And that's assuming you don't wind up repeating the exact same steps from a week ago because they're not documenting everything in their system.

Getting ready to call sears again now, don't even want to know how many hours I've spent arguing with them on the phone for the last 2 months, and our family STILL doesn't have a fridge. This is what you get when you shop at Sears so AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Remember, they're going out of business for a reason. No matter how cheap it is, if you buy something important from them, know that if something goes wrong they will leave you out to dry in a heartbeat.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I ordered a washer online through Sears Hometown store on 9/03/19 for direct home delivery. Upon completion of my order I was sent an email of my receipt and in small print "allow 3-4 weeks for delivery" which was my first red flag. I thought that was quite a long time to wait especially since I don't live far from one of the Hometown store locations but I decided to be patient and wait the allotted time. Week 4 came and no washer, no email, no phone call nothing but a status change to "ready for pickup" when I check the status of my order online. I called customer service and was told a communication had been sent and I should be hearing something back in 24-48 hours. 48 hours later still no communication. I called again and again a communication was sent and I was told I should hear something back within 24-48 hours.

Another 72 hours go by, and it's now 5 weeks and counting since I placed my order, still no email, no phone call, no status change. I call again and am told they are moving it up to corporate and I should again hear something in 24-48 hours. Still no response after 48 hours. I call again ask for a supervisor only to be told no and then they proceed to call my local hometown store to see if it was delivered there. The hometown store showed no record of the purchase in their system and their manager was not in that day but they get another delivery on Monday so we could check back then. They also sent another communication. I went to the store on Tuesday to check if it had been delivered there in error.

The manager looked in his system and there was no record of my purchase in their system so he went to check his inventory and found the exact washer I had ordered with my first name and the first letter of my last name on it with no other information on it. He stated he could not release it or deliver it without it being in his system. So I called customer service again, it's now been 6 weeks since I ordered it, I explained everything to the same customer service rep I had communicated with several times. She first stated that it shouldn't be at the store it should be coming from the warehouse and I told her that it was at that store with my name (not a too common name) and my exact item number on it but he had no info in his system to confirm it was indeed the washer I purchased so he couldn't release it.

She spoke with him on speaker with me standing there on the phone with her at the same time and still they could not figure out where the issue was. Again I was told she would send an email to corporate and I'd hear back within 24-48 hours. The manager at the store stated his district manager would be in that afternoon and he would see if they knew what to do and I could come back or call to see what they found. So that afternoon I called the store and was told they could not figure out the issue and could not release it to me without a record of purchase in their system. What they said they could do is I could cancel the purchase, wait for my refund, and repurchase it in store for the full price not the sale price I had purchased it at and pay for the delivery which was supposed to be free.

Needless to say I sent an email to corporate myself, cancelled my order and bought the same exact washer elsewhere, with free delivery, for only $10 more than what I had purchased it through Sears. Now I just have to see how many weeks it's going to take before I get my money back from them because they had the money out of my bank account the the day I ordered. I will NEVER shop there again online or otherwise.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Finally, I received a replacement for my electric drop in range for my kitchen. I received the electric range on 10/1; I called 10/5 to find out when the range would be installed; there was no record of installation; they issued a case **; after a few days, no one called to set up time for installation; on Friday 10/11 left a message that the item would be installed in 10-14 days and I was due to pay extra after being told they would waive the extra amount over and above $1305.00. My daughter called on 10/14 and said that the installer had canceled. I was given another case ** to find another installer. The range has been sitting on my back porch for 2 weeks. I need my range installed ASAP. Help???

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I had purchased a microwave from Sears back in September 2017 and it has broken in total 6 times. I had purchased the warranty, so they came and fixed it with no problem. However, during the last time it broke, I asked them to replace it. This was in the beginning of September 2019. They said it was no problem and they will replace it, but no instructions were given. A few weeks later after many calls, they finally told me that I had to go down to my local Sears to pick out the model I had. This was on September 22, already 2 weeks without a microwave. They advised that a technician would call to set up the delivery and installation. This was the worst thing ever. They advised it would be installed on October 7, already a month without a microwave, I said that was okay. No one ever came and when I called the number provided, it was always busy. I had to call Sears and demand to pick up the microwave and install it myself. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I purchased a Samsung dryer from Sears and sears installed it. One year later the dryer broke. A Samsung repairman came out and said the problem was the installation but he would fix it even though it was Sears' responsibility. Two years later the dryer broke. Samsung came out and again said it was an installation problem and I had to call Sears. I called Sears and they acknowledged it was their problem but they would not take responsibility because it was past the warranty time. So even though they installed it incorrectly I had to pay to have it repaired. I will never buy another thing from Sears. I also will never buy a Samsung product again. As usual two companies passing the buck!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I ordered a home gym and used the online chat to ask a few questions. I was told that the gym would come with installation if I chose the delivery and setup option. I chose that option and paid 99 delivery fee which was 70.00 more than the competitors fee but since they said installation was included, it was worth the extra cost. The item was delivered and not installed. After many phone calls I was told that installation was not available for this item. Sears refused to review the chat conversation and refused to issue any type of refund on my delivery. I will never shop at Sears again! Stay away!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I received an email advertising a great deal, went on to the site and saw that I could pick up the product from my local store, which was great, seemingly. I decided to change to the quantity to two since it was such a great deal. Well a day or two later I get a notification that my order is ready for pick up, so I go in and immediately there is a problem. The kiosk couldn't find my order. A Sears employee came out and helped me in person. They found the order in their system but told me it was picked up already. I told them that was impossible but they said it was true and they even had all of the correct paperwork to do so. They were going to check their security cameras for the footage of the person who picked it up.

So after a few minutes of confusing conversation, they finally mentioned that the order was picked up the week before. Well that's just impossible because I just order these cabinets on Thursday?? Then I realized they were looking at the wrong order. I did order and already pick up an oven range hood the week before! So now we are over twenty minutes in and I'm giving the sears rep my order number again. They found the order, but this time told me that it was marked ready for pickup at their Palmdale, Ca location?!? Yeah just a quick 2-4 hour drive away!! And this took almost 45 minutes just to find out I was going to have to go home and cancel my order!! It was such a horrible experience! And my wife just about killed me for making her wait in the car the whole time in the sears pickup loading area in over 90 degree heat.

When I got home I begrudgingly cancelled my order. But just because I wanted to know how this happened, I went through the process of buying the Craftsman garage storage cabinet again. So it turns out it all went fine up until I changed the quantity. I went to the product page. Changed the store location to my local store, just like before, change the quantity from 1 to 2 and boom, it automatically change the location for pickup to Moreno Valley this time, which is at least only an 1-2 hour drive away.

Any other site I have been on with local pickup options, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc, when they change the quantity to an amount that the chosen store doesn't have it simply says "out of stock" at this location and then asks if they would like to "Check" other stores!! The way their website handles this process is not only frustrating but comes off less than honest. A Very bad User experience and this is our second strike for never shopping at sears again!!!

My wife then drove up to the Moreno store today to buy the cabinets in person and they would not price match the sale price we originally paid and told us to go to the Temecula location and have them order it. Which I already asked but they said they couldn't because the item was discontinued. We want(ed) to spend money at Sears but they are making it very hard to have any faith in their company

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Sears is the worst! DO NOT purchase a Sears Master Protection Agreement. It is not worth the paper it is written on. I have a Kenmore Water Heater that is waiting on parts. They will replace the water heater if they have not found the parts in 21 days. At 20 days they canceled the order and re-ordered the part. Now they say that I have to wait another 21 days. In the meantime, I HAVE NO HOT WATER. They don't care. I have called multiple times and keep getting transferred. Yesterday I was transferred 7 times and disconnected twice. I was on the phone for over 2 hours and got nowhere.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I have spent 14 hours on the phone calling numerous Sears numbers with no one to assist me in a warranty return. They offer the sympathy and nothing else. Worst customer service that I have ever experienced. I ordered a coin operated washing machine online. The unit did not work out of the box and after 4 repair appointments, it still did not work. Very, very frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I have read many of the reviews and have experienced the same poor service and treatment...no show techs, billing problems, hours on hold, hung up on, trying to talk to people who are difficult to understand, etc, etc, etc. I have been trying to get a Kenmore Elite refrigerator fixed for ten weeks and counting. I, too, am at the point where I will NEVER purchase ANYTHING from Sears ever again. That being said, I have been able to reach the voicemail of Rob Baker, VP, Customer Experience and let him know what I thought of my experience so far. He can be reached at 1-847-286-2500. Just ask for him by name when prompted. He can also be reached by email at **.

My voice message prompted a quick personal response from Belen **, Executive Member Support. Her direct line is 1-888-266-4043 ex **. Email is**. Ms. ** was not able to help me, but she may be able to help someone else out there! I haven’t figured out how to contact the CEO of Sears Home Services Mitch Bowling, yet. He is on the senior management team out of the corporate office in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Hope this info can help someone out there.

Sears Company Information