2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5
Based on 1,140 ratings submitted in the last year

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

We purchased a home in a small town in North Carolina and was having a hard time having a company make a delivery to my area. We decided to drive a few hours to our local Sears Store and found the perfect electric stove that met our needs for this home. The size, color and features were perfect. The best part Sears delivered it for free. We placed our order and within a few days it arrived and it was installed and works perfectly in every way. I couldn't ask for more from such a great company that went out of their way....

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

This system was installed in the 80's. Very little problems. Just needs a new battery every now and then. It is not on any monitoring service. So there are no extra fees. If the alarm goes off the bell will ring to alert the neighbors of a problem.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

The Sears paints that I used would cover in one coat as advertised, had the sheen aka. finish that I desired, were available in myriads of colors as are most brands, and proved to be very durable.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

On time, always can rely on them. They fix problem always or else provides new machine. This has never happened to me. They always fix the problem like new. Plan, covers most of problem costs. Have had Sears service for at least 20 years on all appliances. I am totally satisfied. Would not change to a different service.

Original review: June 18, 2020

It does a good job cooling and heating, although some time I have to check it to see if it is on the correct setting. It works well with the Nest thermostat, it makes it very convenient to keep my home comfortable from anywhere in the house. I like that it came with a 5 year twice a year check up for possible maintenance.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Called SEARS Home Services to repair a riding mower last fall. Came and did not have the part and ordered it. Came back in December (after mowing season) and fixed. $139. It was for a new blade. First mow was April. Blade deck had not been leveled correctly after replacing the blade so couldn’t use. Warranty was for 90 days so they would not come back to fix without charging. They did not check if before leaving in December. Came back and fixed at a charge of $315. For something they did wrong the first time. What a rip-off!!!!

Original review: April 25, 2021

I needed to buy shoes and thought, much to my disappointment, that I could purchase online with Sears. No - they are third party vendors and you are not dealing with Sears, you are dealing with outside vendors and Sears is NO help when you have an issue. 2 pair were lost in transit - they said I would get a credit, but I never did. 2 pair did not fit properly - they said I could return them, but I had to wait for the third party to get back to me. They did and they told me I had to pay for shipping. Why bother. After I pay for shipping, package it, stand in line to get it shipped, I've spent more money than the product was worth.

I tried to get a credit and found out that I had to deal with a third party, not Sears to return and get a refund for the item. After hours on the chat with the Sears representative...because heaven forbid they give you NUMBER to call, I was so frustrated that I will never buy ANYTHING from Sears again - in store or online. Customer service is a joke. Give your customers a phone number to call so that consumers can have a one call solve to their issues.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I contacted Sears to repair my microwave oven in Jan. A technician was sent on Jan. 18. I was told that a part needed to be ordered for the repair. After a month had passed and several calls to inquire about the status of the parts, I was told that the part never came in. Because I had purchased a warranty, I was told that I could get a replacement over-the-range microwave oven because mine couldn't be repaired. I made several calls to inquire about when a replacement would be delivered.

On March 27, a replacement was delivered. I was also told that it would be installed on that date. The installation did not occur because the delivery team was only to drop off the appliance. After several calls I was given an installation date of April 7 and was told that someone would contact me on April 6 to confirm the installation. I never received that call. I called once again on April 7 to confirm the installation. On this call, I was told that installation would not occur on the 7th, but on a later date.

It has been approx. 3 months since I initiated this service request, and of this date, I still don't have a working, installed microwave oven. I am very frustrated and annoyed about the amount of time this has taken, and as of yet it still isnt resolved. My whole manner of food preparation has had to change because of this inconvenience. I chose to purchase my all of my major appliances from Sears because of what I assumed was excellent products and a reputation for excellent customer service. Sadly to say, I no longer feel that Sears has that excellent reputation. In the future, I will no longer purchase anything from Sears.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I have a Master Protection Agreement and called Sears on 2/28/2021 to have them repair my dryer. I had a technician out later that week, who informed me that it would need to be replaced, he told me that I should receive a call within three business days. After a week of no response, I called customer service who informed me that the "technician" did not close the order, and that they would close it for me. A week after that call, I called again, and this time they stated that it wasn't closed (the first person lied to me) and I would need to contact their other department to have them correct it. After calling the number they gave me, I was placed on hold for over two hours, before being hung up on. I went on to contact them seven more times, with the same response (on hold for two hours, hung up on.) I have been waiting almost a month to get a new dryer. I need Sears to follow through with their Protection Agreement, and replace my broken dryer.

Original review: March 27, 2021

I find myself in quandary with an electronic gift card from Sears.com. I ordered it early this morning and it says it will be delivered within an hour: I waited and waited, there was no gift card in my email. It was about 5:10 am that I gave up on that electronic gift card. I bought it for myself the supplement the charge on my sears credit card. I needed to buy a stove for my mother she is 90 years old and recovering from covid, and her stove went out. Sears has a stove the she wanted for 566.00. It was on sale from 699.00.

When I called customer service to find out where my electronic gift card went as the email was right and it charged my bank card already, I was told it would take 72 hours to investigate. I asked to talk to a manager. I was told no manager talks on the phone. I asked for a rain check on the stove to give sears time to sort out where my gift card went. They suggested I buy another gift card with another 300 hundred dollars, on another bank account. I asked them to cancel the order; the customer service representative told me that they probably cannot. This ended up with nothing resolved and 3 hundred dollars in limbo, and my 90 year mother with a stove. Sears is disgusting, a thief and scoundrel in my point of view! Thanks for nothing!!!!

Sears Company Information