3.12/5
Based on 4,061 ratings submitted in the last year

6110 Sears Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have a Master Protection Agreement with Sears, for the last 12 years. On 01/05/19 my refrigerator quit cooling. We lost all food. Technician came today. He found the model/serial number unreadable, so, they said NOTHING they can do. They service this unit several times before BUT NOW that they have to pay for lost of food and maybe a new unit they have a good excuse. They have in the records, the model/serial numbers, they ordered parts before BUT now they think it is another refrigerator...

Original review: June 8, 2018

I can sleep again and wake up refreshed without tossing and turning all night. I also purchased a second one. I love these mattress.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The salesclerk in the appliance department went above and beyond my expectations in selling a refrigerator to me after shopping at many other stores unsatisfied. The refrigerator was the same everywhere else with a little lower price point, the sales clerk had delivery problems that did not meet my criteria, he got the price even lower and sold me a great warranty and got it delivered in two days versus two weeks at the store next door. It seemed as if every problem we encountered he has a solution, it was hot, we had been shopping for three hours for this product and we should have went there first.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Sears came to my home to repair a dishwasher. They couldn't do it. They charged me $133 anyway. I paid before the repairman left and received confirmation of payment. For the last 3 months I have been harassed and by Sears for that exact payment and my credit score is on the line. After a long online chat and phone call a month ago, they acknowledge it's already been paid. On their system though I still owe them money and they refuse to change it despite them having record of the payment and evidence that I don't owe them anything. Unbloodybelievable.

So here's the thing Sears: consider this my hill to die on. I refuse to use snail mail and buy a stamp and mail a letter to your unethical accounts department when you can very well see I don't owe you money and you can far more efficiently use email to address customer queries. I would think in your position you would be working hard to keep your customers. Not one response or attempt has been made to sort this out on your side though. Absolutely disgusted with your unethical business practice.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Apparently HMS home warranty contracts with Sears for ALL repair work, so right there it tells you that there will be no truly personalized customer service or incentive or pressure to right any wrongs. Sears repaired my leaking freezer and a few months later the same problem arose. I had to take off a whole day from work the first time because they won't give you any time table other than 8-5p. The Charlottesville, VA, technician came about 445p and the repair took about 30 minutes tops. I also paid for this repair to satisfy the warranty deductible of $125.

Well this second time, I had to wait over a week for the appointment, then tried to contact Sears to request at least a 30 minute heads up because I couldn't take another whole day off. After many highly irritating recorded automatons and re-routings, which said over and over my phone number didn't pull up any appointment, I reached a person, who said that he would put in that request but couldn't absolutely guarantee it. Finally on the scheduled day at 2:41p I got a text saying that the "technician" was on route. I jumped in my car, tried to call Sears Repair but kept getting the same run around, tried to access their online "chat" but couldn't, so I finally hung up, thinking that I'd be there shortly anyway and what repairman is ever really that timely?

Well Alex, the C'ville "tech" called at 2:57p to say he was at my house. I said "I'm 7 miles away, 5 of which are interstate, I should be there in about 5 minutes or so." He was short with me, saying that he could only wait "5 minutes" because the next appointment was "in Schuyler". I said "Well this is the second time you've had to come out because it wasn't done right the first time" so I expect you to wait. I arrived home at 3:06p and he was long gone. There's only one road back to the interstate, and I didn't see him. From the time Sears texted me till I arrived home was 25 minutes!!! Plus, I assured surly Alex that I was minutes away. I was FURIOUS and called Sears - again having to wait for an extended period and then going through massive recorded rigamarole. A Sears rep eventually said that Alex'd come back and so I was satisfied- but only temporarily.

After about another 25 minutes I wondered if he was going to go to Schuyler first and then here, so again, made a painful protracted call to Sears, who told me there was nothing noted about Alex coming back. The only info was that he'd arrived at 2:56 and I wasn't home. My beef wasn't primarily with the 8-5p "window" even though that's patently unreasonable, it's that this is THEIR mistake that they're fixing and all I asked for was a 30 minute heads up out of 9 HOURS!!! Then they told me he was coming back and then that he wasn't and they were utterly unconcerned about any inconvenience to me. So if you enjoy horrible customer service, inadequate repairs, inconsiderate runarounds, flat out incompetency by Sears reps and thus banging your head against a corporate brick wall, by all means, schedule a Sears repair!!! No wonder they're sinking like bricks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: May 19, 2019

Horrible Experience with Sears Home Delivery. I purchased a Craftsman riding lawn mower. Home delivery was scheduled for May 18 between 2:30 & 4:30 pm. The delivery team was also supposed to call either the night before the delivery or the morning of the delivery to confirm. Nobody called and nobody showed up. At 4:45 pm I called Sears customer service and was told (after a 45 minute wait on hold) that the delivery truck was in route and would be at my house around 6:30 pm. Guess what, nobody showed or called.

Now, it's Sunday May 19. I have spent the past 3 hours either on hold or with customer service reps trying to figure out where my mower is. Nobody can figure this out and nobody will let me speak to a customer service rep. supervisor. After 3 hours I was finally put through to the Sears store in Butte, Montana? Okay, after speaking to 5 different customer service reps who could not help, I am now on hold trying to cancel my order. I have been on hold for 56 minutes and counting trying to cancel my order. This is the worst customer service and endless loop of ill trained people I have every dealt with. From a soon to be former Sears customer.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Bought a mattress, hated it from get go, called after week, wanted to trade up more expensive mattress. Was told had to wait 31 days before could do anything. I couldn't verify even if received correct item because nothing on mattress tag matched sales receipt but not their problem. Website explains their policies so get charged 69.99 for pickup and 15% of purchase price whether exchanging or returning. These policies stink, especially if receiving incorrect item.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I purchased a metal detector from Sears online. The item arrived two days later than promised but I didn't mind that much. Then the item would not work. As a matter of fact, I think the item had been used and resold to me judging by the marks around the location that held batteries. I wanted to return it and Sears gives you two options, return it online or return it to a store. Since I live about 30 miles away, I decided to repackage it, print the receipt off, and drive it to the store.

When I arrived, they told me that would not accept it back since I had purchased it online. I explained that the website offered both options. Then they pointed to the return address on the item that was not a Sears address and said I had purchased it through "The Marketplace" so they could not accept it. I was unhappy about it since the website says nothing about this and I was completely unfamiliar about The Marketplace. So I went home. Once at home, I reviewed all details of the purchase and I realized I had indeed purchased it through the Sears website and absolutely NOT through The Marketplace.

I then contacted Sears via their online Chat feature. After explaining the issue to the customer service rep, he said they would have accepted it at a Sears store if it was "sold by Sears". And could return it to Kmart if it was "sold by Kmart". I copied my receipt to him that said "Sold by Sears" on the actual receipt and online account. After looking at it he said that it would not be accepted by the store if it didn't have a Sears return address on it. I asked him to point out this explanation online so I could see if I missed it. He said it was not stipulated online but that's what he "thought was the problem".

He finally said they'd send me a free return shipping label within 72 hours. And, he'd offer me 5% off my next purchase at Sears. I thought he was joking and told him I've spent well over that in gas and time trying to return this and that I'd never attempt to purchase anything through Sears or Kmart again. Very frustrated that they continue to change their story to fit their narrative but it's clear Sears is no longer the once proud and high-quality store it once had been. Bye bye Sears, don't let the proverbial door hit you in the rear on your way to closing for good.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Bought a grill just under a year ago and purchased the cover as it is an outdoor grill and the Sears in-home warranty. So I called Sears to get the warranty replacement for the burners that became cracked due to rust and was told they are not covered because of environmental circumstances. I have NEVER had a grill do this. I then was directed to the parts team at Sears and they said the parts were $185.00 and I only paid $200 for the entire grill. This is crap, the grill, the warranty & Sears in their promise to cover my product because it was left outside and it was misuse letting it get exposed to moisture even with the Kenmore grill cover used. So do not buy ANYTHING from Sears or their warranties because they will not cover it. I looked at their warranty plan and do not see ANYWHERE it states it does not cover environment exposure. I mean really it's an outdoor grill, of course, it's going to exposed to the environment.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Our fridge valve broke so we called Sears to come in to fix it. Firstly prior to setting an appointment the Sears representative told me multiple times the diagnostic fee of $125 will be deducted out of the bill. The tech came and looked at our fridge (opened the panel looked around and confirmed what we already knew) and told my parents that the he will order the part for $60. He then showed my parents the “calculation” and tried to charge them $600 saying that’s how much it will cost for him to come back and fix it. When they mentioned deducting the $125 diagnostic fee he said “Oh right, $475 will be the total then." Luckily my parents were smarter than that and refused. He told them he will order the part ($60.60) to our home and they can fix it themselves since he won’t come back. They thought this was ok.

He continued to sell them warranty for the part for $50 in which it doesn’t show on my receipt (however there is a $50 LABOR charge) but no proof of warranty or even a mention of it. He then went on to try and convince them that the entire panel was faulty because the filter was moving a bit and sticking out a tad. My dad (whose pretty versed in fixing things told the guy it’s supposed to do that and the door panel is what keeps the filter in). The tech then said “Oh yea” and moved on to charge my parents $255.92. When they asked for a receipt he simply told them it would be emailed. It was emailed to me while I was at work and it noted that we were charged $60.50 for parts, $125 diagnostic fee (which was supposed to be taken out), $50 labor fee - he didn’t do anything, $20.32 repair costs and taxes.

I called Sears to talk to them about this and guess what?! They say to me “The receipt we see here is that you were charged $190.09.” I contested this and told them what had happened and the representative told me that the $190 we were supposed to be charge was including the labor charge of the tech to come back and fix our fridge!!!! So not only did this man scam my parents of money (charging $255.92) but he also lied to my parents claiming it’s an extra $600 (then changed it to $475) to have him come back to fix it!!!!!

Check your receipts and charges guys. This guy's out there. I’m still fighting with Sears to get our money back and honestly for all this inconvenience we shouldn’t even be charged. This man left our home after his “labor” and my fridge is still broken AND we have no part or proof that he ordered a part to our home. This man is not to be trusted! I am beyond livid, my parents work way too hard for them to be tricked like this.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My refrigerator was either not cooling or freezing my food. I had to wait 13 days to get a tech out who only orders a part which was not available in the Tucson area. Two weeks later another tech installs the parts but it does NOT solve the problem. I get online to request another service request and the tools do not work on three different browsers. I finally called the Services support number that I had been given and they told me that I had called the wrong service and they could not help me. I tried the internet tool again and finally get to speak to an agent who was not helpful except that he agreed to get a supervisor to call me back after I found out that I would have to wait ANOTHER 2 weeks for another attempt for them to, hopefully, resolve the problem. I am going to drop my Sears Home Warranty for a business that is more customer-focused and has competent service people.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I ordered two girls dress with size 8 and 10. After one month, what I have received was two dress with wrong sizes and even different style. I contacted them and requested to return them. Then I was supposed to receive an email for return and I did not. After contacting them again I request the exchange and they said it is okay. Then I have received an email for return which I had to pay for the shipping. Recently I contacted them and they said it is impossible to exchange them. I spent 100 dollar on these items, and my time to get it fixed before my party and now I have no dress for my children. I can't order anything again in this short time. I am really disappointed of Sears and their Customer Service.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Do not deal with these ignorant idiots.1-2 hrs to get help. There is no such thing as home warranty or any warranty. You will never be able to make an appointment or place a claim with home warranty. I asked the Asian woman what her employee number was and she repeated 2 different numbers during the call. And pronounced her name as See laud ee a (Claudia). I swear to god that is how she pronounced her name. Her employee number is **. She fumbled on the number! Sears is a scam. Stay away! They are never going to make it! Eddie drained every dime out of it.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Sears sent a technician to fix a washer machine. He proceeded to inform me that the machine needed to be repaired costing me $600 or purchase a new machine. The repair tech was misinforming me. After he left, I received a second opinion and there was nothing wrong with the machine. The machine works just fine. It was a one time problem with the machine being out of balance because of a too small load. I was unfamiliar with this issue. But of course the technician did not diagnostic testing and was completely trying to take advantage of a customer.

Original review: May 13, 2019

15 days after you shipped the return item, you probably not get your refund. Then you called customer service, you were told to wait for 7-10 business days. After 10 days, you did not get full refund. Then you called customer service again, then you were told wait another 7-10 business days. After 10 days, you still not got the full refund. Then you were asked to wait another 7-10 days. After 10 days, you still not got the full refund. You were always promised to be helped, but the help never came fully and timely. This is Sears.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I had a Sears Home Service repair done on my oven yesterday. I was charged $ 199 for the diagnostic, $ 156 for the labor and $ 72 for the part (ignitor) for a total of $ 353. The repairman was here for only 35 minutes. I was WAY OVERCHARGED because the diagnostic fee was NOT included in/for the labor. In all the repairs I’ve ever had done-on anything, the diagnostic fee was ALWAYS applied to the labor. And the $ 156 labor for 35 minutes of work???? WAY OVERCHARGED.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Our first issue with the refrigerator not working was around 2/14/19. We called for service under our master protection plan. Tech could not be scheduled for a week. Tech arrives and says we need parts. Orders parts and sets return for 2/27. Immediately I see this as a problem. 2 weeks for what we had hoped would be a one time repair. A protection agreement without a guarantee service level is useless. Sears should have had a tech at our house within 48 hours. They also do NOT carry any parts on the trucks. Why?? That makes no sense. Repair did NOT work and within 48 hours I had to call Sears for another service call. Another visit, more parts and now we are out 1 month from initial call to mid March.

Jump ahead to March 27. After additional calls between March 15 the refrigerator is declared unrepairable. Expected a call from Sears within 3 business days with a credit amount. No call. Call Sears 4/8. Ask about credit. Told it is still in the works. Nothing in system yet. Call back in a week. Call 4/15 paperwork was not processed and the ball was dropped by 'Someone'. Told them I needed an immediate credit or I would buy fridge from a local store and bill Sears. They got a Manager to approve credit amount.

Went to store to order replacement NOT a Kenmore brand. Told 3 weeks delivery. NOT acceptable. Best they can do. Delivery 5/10. Get reminder calls 5/8 and a specific delivery time on 5/9 for the Friday delivery. Get a call Friday, morning. Item was NOT shipped to Sears warehouse for delivery to me. Will be NEXT Friday, 5/17 the earliest.

To add insult to injury the Protection Agreement had a renewal date between our initial service call and when the refrigerator was declared unrepairable. Told Sears we wanted to see what happens with this existing situation BEFORE we renew. Were told that if we did NOT renew they would NOT be able to replace the refrigerator. I pointed out that the initial report for service, a pre existing case and open active claim was ALREADY in the works BEFORE the renewal date. This claim that I had to renew a Master Protection Plan for 2019-2020 on a Kenmore Elite I would no longer have sounds ILLEGAL. I was told that the agreement would auto transfer to the replacement refrigerator.

We paid this by mistake. Now when I tried to cancel the warranty I was told it has $0.00 refundable value. I already paid the credit card over a month ago so not sure I can dispute the charge any longer as a way to force Sears hand. Obviously I had to go out and buy a spare refrigerator that we put in the garage since no one can go 1 month let alone 3 months without a working refrigerator. Between spending money on a spare fridge, the time delay and being forced to renew a useless protection agreement I can clearly understand why SEARS is going out of business.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Never buy an appliance at Sears! They deliver broken items, try to scare you into keeping them, and then refuse to refund you. The worst part is; we NEVER had this item in our possession. ???? #searssteals

Original review: May 9, 2019

Sears, called Sears on 4-29-19 for a dryer repair and the technician arrived and said I needed a new Dryer motor. Paid for the motor and rescheduled my repair appointment for 5-7-19 for between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM, I received a call at 11:00 AM telling me that the tech will not be arriving on Tuesday 5-7-19 and rescheduled the repair for Thursday 5-9-19 and Tech said we need an additional part. So the tech ordered the part, and couldn’t give me a new appointment and and an idea when the part will be here. So after 2 days of missing work, according to the 800 number conversations it could be another 2 weeks for the repair. So I am sharing this story with whomever reads this DO NOT USE SEARS!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Brand new refrigerator stopped working after 45 days. First technician came out, unplugged it and plugged it back in and called it a day. Very next day, the fridge went down again. Second technician came out, unplugged it, said he would be back in 6 days to replace parts. At this point, the refrigerator had been down 8 days. I called on a Thursday to see if I could get an earlier appointment. Set up an appointment for Monday between 1pm-5pm. The tech didn't call until 6:50. The refrigerator is located in an office building. I told the scheduler the refrigerator was in an office building and we closed at 5 pm. The tech had no idea it was in an office building and told me I should have made an AM appt. to guarantee their arrival.

I called on Tuesday morning at 7:00 am and was scheduled for Wednesday between 1-5. Couldn't get an AM appt until the next day. It is 8 pm and I am still sitting in my office waiting for a technician to arrive. I have called 4 times, chatted 5 times and NO ONE can tell me if the technician is even going to show up tonight. They just keep telling me he is "on his way" "he's near" but no one can tell me where he is and what time he's showing up!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Sears had 3 technicians scheduled from 10am-2pm and 1pm-5pm, only two out of 3 technicians showed up {as late as possible without going over the 4-hour window}. But the work was absolutely unacceptable. For example, for the scheduled maintenance on the range, they basically turned it on and said it was working, I could have told them that. They basically vacuumed around the appliances and that was it. The worst part of this is when I tried to call and complain, I was told I could make another appointment, take another day off, and get another technician to do the job. They would not refund or credit me for the shoddy work I had already had done. 3 calls to get this unacceptable answer. Sears home services used to be exemplary, but now it's a rip-off. I have always purchased Sears appliance for their reliability and service but sadly those days are done. I will never use this service again and will tell everyone to avoid Sears.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Home Warranty is not a real thing! If I could give a negative rating I would! We have been 6 weeks without a working dishwasher. One of the assigned technicians broke a copper pipe. Another technician came and said the other technician broke it. No one will take responsibility for the damage. I am switched from person to person while listening to annoying music, only to get put on hold again. Sears and Sedgwick pass this back and forth and nothing is done. No one seems to know how to resolve our issue. The lack of ability to get anything done is astonishing.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I ordered fitness equipment from Sears online. Turns out that it was from a third party called Bestone. A month after ordering I had no product and no tracking number. I contacted Sears chat who said they would issue refund. Instead, the product shows up on my porch 2 weeks later. Decided to make the best of it and put it together. I couldn't complete assembly because it's missing parts. Even if I could assemble, this fitness equipment would only be suitable for a very small person or child. I called Sears to seek a return.

After over 30 minutes on hold, I was told they couldn't accept it... that I would have to deal with the third party. Bestone pretty much told me that there was nothing wrong with it and to enjoy it and share it with my family. Really? Who does that? After calling Sears again, and waiting another 30 minutes on hold, and just being looped back to the 3rd party, they said they would issue a $50 refund... I paid $127.

However, I have not received the refund and can't get anyone at Bestone, Sears, or the Sears credit card to care whatsoever that I've paid $127 for an incomplete piece of junk that I can't do anything with. You can't get in touch with a real person who speaks English, their emails are "no reply", and Bestone is simply a scam. Sears sucks and I will not do business there again. They deserve the bankruptcy they're facing.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I attempted to order a Kenmore washing machine from Sears online. My bank called me to confirm my order. The order went through. I then received an e-mail from Sears saying someone may be contacting me in reference to my order. The money has been taken and returned to my account minimum of 10 times. I called to see what the issue was and was on hold for 45 minutes.

Once I finally got to speak to someone at the not help desk, I was told their security/fraud department needed to confirm the order but I couldn't be transferred due to them having a technical problem. They stated they would call the number I put on the order. That is my home line as I don't want to be bombarded with sales calls on my cell phone. I was told I couldn't change the phone number. I then told them I wanted to cancel my order and was told it would be three to five days before I was issued a refund on money that technically shouldn't have come out of my account because they flagged my order as fraud. I now know why Sears is going bankrupt. They have horrible customer service. If I wanted to talk to people and be interactive I would have gone into the store. That's why I buy online, I don't need to speak to horrible representatives.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I have a 2 1/2 year old Kenmore refrigerator that stopped working. I called and a technician was able to come out that day. After calling in to the company and doing a diagnostic on it, it was determined to be the electric board which would cost $715 to repair. The first thing that the tech then did was to try to sell me a home warranty to cover all of my appliances. This would cut the cost of the repair in half. I naively signed up for it. After reading horrible reviews, I immediately cancelled the warranty the next morning.

One week later, the part arrived and a different tech arrived to repair fridge. Before starting the repair, he told me to cross my fingers and hope it wasn't the compressor. "What? A diagnostic was done! It needs a new electric board." He completed the repair and I asked that he do another diagnostic to make sure it wasn't the compressor. He refused saying it needed to be plugged in for 24 hours. He also told me it was unfortunate that I didn't purchase the home warranty. Hmmm!! Within 10 minutes of tech leaving my house, I realized that the fridge was not working. In fact it was 2 degrees warmer. I immediately called and said the tech needed to return. I was told that wasn't an option and I would need to schedule a new tech/new diagnostic... next available date-6 days! I would incur another charge for service along with another repair bill. Not acceptable!

Other service people will not touch the fridge as they won't repair compressor, as they don't believe they will be paid by Sears. I am disputing the charge as the part that was repaired didn't fix it. Therefore, I can not pay for something that probably wasn't needed in the first place. I believe that this is a total Scam. Sadly, we will be junking our 2 1/2 year old Kenmore and replacing it with a new fridge that will not be Kenmore or LG. I do not trust Sears or their repair service. Buyer Beware!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

Today is the third time speaking with the maintenance department about a repair for the Kenmore washer we purchased from Sears. On two occasions the repair person said they came to our home, but didn’t. This last mix up was with the day the technician was supposed to arrive - on a Wednesday and they claim they came on the Monday before. The customer service workers and supervisors on the appointment repair line are difficult for me to understand and that’s frustrating. We’ve paid for maintenance agreements and feel like that’s been money thrown away because we can’t get the maintenance people to show up to maintain our Sears purchased product.

Original review: May 2, 2019

To anyone thinking of using Sears for TV repairs, which was my case or any of their services... I would really reconsider NOT TOO. I originally looked into someone reputable (or so I thought) and checked out Sears. I thought why not. I REGRET IT!! I hire them on to do TV repair back in February and had them come out a second time in March to order a part for special order. I had to cancel due them taking about a month to get the part for my TV. First let me tell you they don't hardly ever email you and follow up on orders with you-communication is KEY. Anyways, I request for a refund of $205.40 for my part later in March. They told me it would take 21 business days (which by the way I think is LONG!).

My problem lies w/ the HORRIBLE customer service! I don't mind foreign people, but it makes it hard when you don't have American people taking care of American problems... Spoke w/ countless (literally) Sears customer service representatives from the Philippines. They were nice (some), but they ALWAYS gave me the runaround when trying to get my refund and keep telling me it will be another 2-3 more days to look at my refund, it was just a huge mess! I have emailed, chatted, spoke to many Sears reps from here in America, but sadly they kept transferring me around and said they would try to get my refund escalated...STILL NOTHING.

Every time I try to talk to someone they don't have apparently all the notes/documents on my conversations and how to go about this. I don't understand... They can take my money quickly, but they can't do a simple refund fairly quickly back-the logic, smh. It's been 3 months and ongoing still... It is May the 2nd, 2019 and STILL emailing, calling, and do whatever I need to do JUST to get my REFUND of $205.40. STAY AWAY, SERIOUSLY!!! Joaquin **.

Original review: May 2, 2019

After two weeks of purchasing central air have not had one return phone call about scheduling project. Supposed to start in 7 to 10 days. Everywhere I call I get the runaround. And so disappointed and no longer have trust in Sears.

Original review: May 1, 2019

So you pull out of work and set aside four hours to wait for the technician and he/she doesn't appear. You call Sears and they say, "Sorry, would you like to reschedule?" You say, "But what's to say I won't wait another four hours, lose another four hours of pay, and no technician again." "Because we will put you at the top of the line," she says repeatedly. "We will prioritize you." But this turns out to be wrong. Still waiting another four hours. It all seems as certain as buying a lottery ticket.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased 2 not 1 appliance over a one year period and had delayed delivery because my new home was not ready in time. The first item went on sale and I was told that I would receive a $60 credit after the delivery. The second item was delivered without hooking up the ice maker (which was supposed to be included) and I had to call a plumber. Sears said they would reimburse the $90 plumber charge. I only got the runaround when I asked where the credits were. They couldn't find the order for the 1st item, REALLY!!!!

How is it they could deliver it, but they could not find the order?! Anyhow it's been 3 months and I have not received any credit, they just keep telling me to call some other department (not theirs) but no one is taking responsibility. No wonder they are going out of business, and like another reviewer noted on this site, I will not purchase another appliance from Sears. Pity, because they used to be such a well reputed company.

Sears Company Information