1.03/5

6024 Sears Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

I needed a ductless system installed and Sears was the first to respond to my request for a quote. Came out and gave me their sales pitch, discount for signing now, no-interest loan yada-yada. Wanted a $500 non-refundable deposit, which I paid after being told that they had a 100% price-match and assured that if I chose to cancel after the 3-day grace period, all I would be out was my $500. Second estimate came in at less than 50% of the original quote - and their best "match" was still 50% higher.

So I cancelled and requested a return of my deposit, since they were in breach of contract. Got the form letter today saying that they were returning everything except for my deposit plus more to cover their expenses. There were no materials bought. Fortunately my deposit in on a credit card so I can dispute that - not sure about the financing, which they have apparently already charged. I'll be going to court if they don't refund it all, since they breached the contract when they didn't honor the guaranteed price match.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We are getting bids to upgrade countertops. I know better, but I signed a contract with Sears Home Improvement before I got my other bids. Avoid Sears. They pitch their granite as superior because it is the highest grade. After signing, my other bids came in much lower. I googled granite pricing & quality. Pricing is based on sourcing cost & color not quality of material. Lower priced/graded granite can be better quality & hardness than higher graded granite. I was duped - Sears granite is overpriced. Yesterday, 6 days after signing, I cancelled. Today I received a letter from Sears Home Improvement District Manager David ** telling me "at their sole discretion" they are charging me $500 + 30% of materials ordered. No way they ordered materials - hadn't even measured. It sucks to pay them for nothing, but I'm still better off with a trustworthy contractor. Avoid Sears Home Improvement. These guys are dishonest & greedy with tricky contracts.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Worst customer service I have seen ever. Never ever order any item on Sears.com or Sears online, they completely cheat their customers. Most of their sellers are unknown third party sellers and they ship fake items or items which is not shown online. And Sears does not take responsibility of any wrong product sent to the customer. Instead customer needs to handle with the third party seller directly. I have lost my money and several calls with Sears and their customer service agent simply disconnect saying, "We are not responsible."

Original review: March 14, 2019

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EXPERIENCED YET!!! I am having the most horrible experience with SEARS Customer Service. The first initial appointment was great, tech was great. We ordered the part, paid, and confirmed appointment for the following week. The part came on a Tuesday, and waited all day Thursday for the tech. I called at 3 pm and the Customer Service Lady was not helpful at all. They had rescheduled my appointment for another week out. Said there was nothing they could do. I am so disappointed with this company and the way they treat their customers. We called and complained and the Supervisor was Rude, and refused to try and help defuse the situation, and make things right. How can they cancel my appointment for the day without telling me, and schedule another appointment a week later. NO ONE Offered a better solution, or one that would make the situation right.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I've been trying to get our furnace working since October 2018. It is now March 2019, and despite numerous attempts to repair... Still not done. Even though we're in Arizona, it gets cold. I've called Sears several times to get resolved and to find out where the part is. They promise to get it taken care of. No luck. I plan to cancel as soon as it is repaired. I've purchased another plan. They are seriously not someone I would recommend. In the past it wasn't so bad... But now? Forget it!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: March 13, 2019

I ordered a dryer 6 weeks ago now. Took off from work 2x to be told my dryer was coming. The morning of I get a phone call both times to be told, "Oh I'm sorry. Your dryer will not be delivered today." Still don't have a dryer. I spoke with five people to make sure when I took off the 2nd time that it would be coming. "Yes, yes, yes," they say. Did it come? NO. Do they care? NO. All they can say is, "Sorry. We will call you with new delivery date." WTF. I'm done with Sears.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Sears took like 3 months to repair/replace my refrigerator, all my food went to waste, now that I'm trying to submit a food loss claim they are telling that is past my 30 days to submit a claim. First of all no one ever told after making so many phone calls to customer service that I had 30 days, they are telling me that is part of there agreement, an agreement that I don't have, but they do have for their own record, the people I spoke to over the phone are so rude that they hang up the phone on me multiple time. I re-comment not to buy Sears product, seen I warranty you will have the most horrible experience. I will make this article get to ask many people and social media as possible, I'm also going to file a small claims against Sears.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Sears has been to my house 5 times to fix a refrigerator. Finally informed that the refrigerator is not repairable after 7 weeks. Was told that they were issuing a $1,000 replacement check. 3 weeks later no check. When I signed up for the warranty the service technician said if my commercial grade built cannot be fixed it would be replaced by Sears. Not true only $1,000 is the replacement amount. There was the first lie.

Next lie was I could cancel at any time without penalty. I paid this warranty up front in full for one year. Went to cancel and was informed that I am subject to cancellation fees and no money will be refunded. Do not trust the service technicians when they come to your house and try to sell you a home warranty. They do not know what they are talking about. They say completely something different than the customer service representatives. This company lies, cheats and are thieves. Do not fall for this scam. This is another reason Sears is on its last breath.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have had to have several services that took months to complete, I've been waiting for garage repair since Nov-Dec, I've lost time from work and did not get services because of cancellations by Sears or technician, I took off 3/11/19 for garage repair, got email at 6 am for me to call them, rep had no clue, appt 10-2:00, rep had no ETA.

Also had plumbing done. Cut hole in my wall. Sears says I have to fix, replaced parts with cheap brands, Sears guarantees like replacement parts, then there is no follow up. I have asked to speak to supervisor during inquiries, the rep says mine are available. Sears have me named of technicians for repairs, I had to call the techs to find they do not deal with Sears anymore. They are inconsistent, they text you when service person is on the way instead of call you, I told them my service provider for my plumbing. Fast Lane Plumbing was horrible, they wanted to send them out again for my free HVAC check up saying there were no other places that could do the service.

My whole service experience with Sears have been horrible, and what's sad is you can't find anyone is a number to let Sears know, because you can only talk to the reps. One my services are completed. I’m dropping Sears, I wish I could very my monthly payments back from day one of when I signed on, they continue to offer poor service and nothing is being done about it.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The Sears technician repaired our washer door well, but Sears Home Services refused to honor their 20% off coupon even when I was assured that this would be provided to me and the coupon was legitimate. Their accounting department refused to make amends which was very unfortunate. They kept trying to push a long term service contract, but given their lack of help, I did not use them and signed up with another long term contract.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I bought a mattress and box spring online and had ask them to update my phone number. They never called or showed today and told me they would be here next Friday. I am now aggravated because I've waited all day for this just to be told it'll be another week and this is not the first bad experience I've had with them. Plus a computer I also bought online at the same time came yesterday and makes a loud noise that sounds like a coffee pot. I will never shop at Sears ever again!!!

Original review: March 8, 2019

I Called Sears customer service to extend my protection agreement on my washer and dryer. I was quoted $557.07 for a 3 year and $796.80 for a 4 year contract. I agreed to purchase the 4 year purchase agreement for $796.80. After giving my credit card numbers the salesman quoted the contract duration for only 3 years, not the 4 years I was purchasing. When I questioned him on the duration of the contract and the pricing he said, "Oh I can give you that exta year for an additional $360.00". I complained that the quoted price of $796.80 that I paid was for 4 not 3 years and he said the he must have made a mistake in what he quoted me.

I complained that this seemed like an illegal bait and switch. I requested to speak with his supervisor. I spoke with Lucke, the supervisor (ID# **) who apologized for the confusion, but said that the system can at times be confusing. I said that when I purchase an item for a set price I expect to pay that set price not be surprised at the register. She then quoted me a third price of $696.80 for the 3 year protection plan. This all seems very deceptive to me so I asked to cancel this protection agreement and was further inconvenienced by having to hold on again for the cancellation department to answer.

Heather was pleasant and apologetic. She cancelled the extended agreement for me, but Sears has my money for 3-4 business days!! Today is a Friday so that means they have my money till possibly next Thursday!! All for what seems like illegal, deceptive and fraudulent activity. No wonder Sears is in trouble if this is how they treat their repeat customers!!!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Our dishwasher would not drain water. My first mistake was to call Sears for help before checking their reviews. The technician arrived and spent 45 minutes convincing me to get their insurance to save money and I fell for it. He ordered the part and then told me that it will take a week to get it. We couldn’t wait and called another appliance repair company. They arrived the next day and fixed it in 20 minutes. Cost-$354. They also told me that Sears ordered the wrong pump and not what was needed. The next three weeks I kept emails from Sears to notify them when it arrives. I wasted no time to cancel their warranty insurance after they took out 49.99 already. Then I had to pay an additional two months as a penalty for early cancellation. That cost me another $49.99 twice. Now they sent me a bill for $99 for the service call. They are a total fraud! They repaired nothing and want $250.00 for it. I’m outraged! Sincerely, Henry.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I paid for a five year warranty on my Sears garage door opener. Second time I ever called and it took two hours and I spoke to at least 7 people, getting the runaround. Finally I got a hold of someone and they told me it would be several days before they could come. They were too busy. I guess I am supposed to leave my garage door open all those days until they had time. I still had a year on my warranty. I will never use them again!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Heat pump quit so wife called Sears. Salesperson came to home, told us they could have us going next day or so. We asked what our monthly payment would be and he for some reason couldn't give us a exact figure. Told us it would be in the range of $200 to $300 a month which we were fine with so we ordered. We asked him about doors, windows and shutters so he showed us what was offered and we selected what we wanted. Once again we asked what the monthly told would be on the entire package. He told us everything would run in the range from about $425 to about $550. He kept saying he can't give us a payment figure.

We went ahead with order. They came out, installed heat pump but doors, windows and shutters would be a month or two away before being installed. We get our first bill which was for the heat pump and it was $295 which was in the range he quoted so we were fine with this. Finally they come out and install our doors, windows and shutters. We get our bill with everything combined. It says our first payment was $588 which was a little more than we expected but we were fine with it. Next bill statement the balance has gone up over $250 and it has continued to grow every bill statement we get.

I called last week and the actual monthly payment we were told was $729 a month. We blew and I called Sears Corporate about this matter and they said call the local office which I did. Talk to the guy running the office and they were supposed to have some call us about this and no call. If we had any idea was going to stick it to us and knew they had done this before we would have never purchased from them. Once they get your money or signature it's all about stealing and ripping off the customer. No one needs to buy a damn thing from Sears again. Their credibility and reputation is crap.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Waited for two weeks for appointment scheduled between 12 and 5. At 5 called they said, "Be there in 15 minutes." At 5:45 they arrived. We had to leave. Contacted supervisor at service center. Scheduled next appointment in 2 weeks. Said we were first on list for cancellation. Next day sears called to schedule appointment. I called and said we had one. They reported no record of the supervisors making an appointment. I was also told that the report stated the repair man showed up but we wouldn’t let him in not that he was 45 minutes late! We were completely lied to. It took another 3 phone calls and over 1.5 hours to reschedule in 2 more weeks. I can’t wait until May to cancel our warranty contract. I will never use this company again. They are disrespectful thieves who take peoples money and then lie to them.

Original review: March 6, 2019

This guy charged me $89 plus an extra $20 for ordering the wrong part. Then sends me three emails with different refund amounts. No wonder Sears went out of business. Is this how you are going to recoup your money? This guy didn't do anything but send emails to me and now I am stuck with finding another repairman. I will never recommend Sears for anything, but trying to get money for doing nothing!!! I want the $89 plus the extra $20 refunded back as well as the money I already paid. What a bunch of crooks!

Original review: March 4, 2019

Extremely poor duct cleaning as well as dryer vent. Not done according to what they claim. Contacted customer service 4 time, no help. Plus, customer care did not cooperate at all to resolve the issue.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I had a standing appointment since Tuesday, February 26th to repair my dryer on Saturday, March 2nd. The appointment was set between 8-12. At 12:05, I called to determine the whereabouts of the technician. However, it was stated that the technician would call me within a hour to give me an ETA. Shortly thereafter (within 20 minutes) I received a call from what I’m guessing is the dispatch center to say that there was a glitch in the scheduling system and I could be rescheduled and added on as the last stop for today? That is COMPLETELY unacceptable as I have wasted my day waiting on the technician for something beyond my control or better yet for something that was not as a result of being my fault.

When I called Warranty Department and requested compensation for my wasted time (because let’s face it, Sears didn’t hesitate taking the required funds out of my account) I was offered points. I don’t want points because I didn’t pay you in points. My time is valuable!! I feel that basically I was treated as that my time isn’t a priority and I can now see that Sears has no integrity on the service that they promise. I am disgusted by your believe of customer service as it is deplorable!! I will not refer your service to ANYONE as it’s garbage and a waste of my time, money, and energy!

Original review: March 2, 2019

I am not the type of person to write reviews on services or products that I received. Sears has been sending me emails to please review their service that I have received from them. So here we go. It started in August 2018 and I was looking at doing some remodeling to the house, change from swamp cooler to central air, change the carpet in the house to hard wood floors or something similar, a new roof, and remodel of the 2 showers we have. I met with the salesman and got everything set up, I thought it was going to be a quick job as it was all being done by one company instead of many different contractors. That was the reason we went with Sears, BIG MISTAKE.

Talking with the salesman he told me it would take about 4 weeks to get all the products in and then 2-4 days for the flooring and 3 days for each bathroom and 2 days for the roof and the central air would be in that first week and would only take 1 day. Everything was to be done and complete by Thanksgiving according to the salesman and we would be getting close to $8000.00 in points to redeem. We wanted to get our kitchen appliances with before Christmas. Let’s see - the floors were started in October and they finished them in February 2019. The roof was put on in Dec right before Christmas but they didn’t have the gutters so those weren’t put on until February 2019. It is now March 1, 2019 and we are still waiting on the bathrooms to be complete. We are going on 7 months when all this should have been put in before the end of 2018.

Sad thing is nobody could get their stories the same. Every time I talked to someone their response is, "We are waiting on the products", everything should have been ordered and received before November, or everything is on hold because of the bankruptcy, well it is no wonder they went bankrupt. Nobody wants to pay when it takes 7 months to do something that should not take more than 2 months. The only thing they did quick was the central air that was put in the end of August. If I would have known how they would have been I would have gone with someone else as there are contractors out there that would have had all this done before Christmas. We went with the new vinyl flooring which are nice, but they are not scratch resistant like the salesman told me they were.

Original review: March 1, 2019

It took 7 working days before someone came to service our Kenmore freezer. He never repaired the freezer, he simply unplug and reset the freezer. Before leaving he told us about Sears Protection Agreement and said it would cover our freezer. We agreed to the plan because we thought it may be helpful. This is a joke, the agreement only covered appliances not our freezer. He gave us incorrect information. We had to purchase another freezer after having the Sears Kenmore freezer for less than 2 years. You people are a JOKE. I WILL NEVER again do business with you.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I will never trust Sears with anything else. Sears warranty might be unbeatable, but receiving their mediocre subpar product, unprofessional workers, and threats from management, Sears is not worth my money or time. Sears stated "customer satisfaction" isn't for the customer to be satisfied. Sears said it means amount of damage approved by the industry that the customer has to live with and still pay full price. Of course all the rudeness started after the 5 day period to cancel the project.

Sears is not a customer orientated company from the the beginning to the end process. The consultant lied about my counter backsplash just to get me to order a whole new wall backsplash (Sep 2017). The countertop installers told me the truth Nov 2017 (too late to cancel project with Sears). Sears kept using a manufacturer with cabinet products called "Forevermore" which came damaged on the 3 different install dates. Since Sears installers get paid after you sign the order of completion, the installers don't look for imperfections in the manufacturer's cabinet pieces. The Sears installers blindly install anything and then ask for your signature and get mad if you refuse to sign after you point out the damaged product.

The 1st installers Sears hired (Nov 2017), never installed a kitchen for Sears before. Sears doesn't vet their contractors, they just make sure they have insurance for anything they mess up. The 1st installers used drywall for leveling the floor cabinets, drilled a hole in my HVAC system inside the wall, damaged cabinets under the sink, left sink pipe water/sewage in my personal bucket, and left old kitchen outside leaning on the side of my house.

Sears fired the 1st installers and Sears fired the 2nd installers (Dec 2017) after the 2nd group stole my property and were verbally rude. 3rd installers (Feb 2018), of the new 2nd set of "Forevermore" cabinets, simply installed damaged items blindly again except for one old cabinet they left from the 1st set installed. The cabinets still had damage which they tried to cover up by scribbling a black sharpie marker on them.

Sears stated they're not responsible for what the manufacturer sends. Sears threatened to send remaining bill to collections if I won't pay for the damaged cabinets. Sears eventually amended the contract to change the brand of cabinets from "Forevermore" to "ACC" cabinets (Jun 2018) and to do a 3rd cabinet install. Install of "ACC" cabinets were done Nov 2018. Sears was suppose to check over all cabinet pieces prior to setting another appointment date for me and the installers so our time wasn't wasted, but Sears showed up with damaged items again.

All cabinets, regardless of brand, have unstained edges and Sears gave a black furniture marker and a light brown furniture crayon for ME the customer to go fill in all the scraped edges Dec 2018. Sears stated that they don't have furniture repair people and it's not their responsibility to finish the product sent by their hired manufacturers.

Jan 2019 Sears stated they were ready to correct everything but they ordered the wrong shelves again. 1 Mar 2019 Sears finally finished without taking care of the edges. I agreed to reduce the final payment by $50 to get rid of Sears and so I can put my dishes off my floor and back in my cabinets. There's too much to write of what happened but if you ask, I have pictures & emails which was sent to the Attorney General to take my case in mediation with Sears. Kitchen install takes 3 to 5 days. My undamaged unfinished stained cabinets took over 1 year to complete. Hire at your own risk. I believe consumers should know prior to spending thousands. You never know who Sears will send to your house but you should know what could possibly happen to you and what to look for.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Reasons for Sears service call: (1) The detergent dispenser fills with water after the washing is complete; (2) the power button only works 1/4 of the time; it sticks in the off position and you cannot get power to the washer. Contacted Sears and a tech, John **, came out on January 22, 2019. He took off the part where the knob cycle selector button was and tweaked the "plastic" part (which he said controlled the power button) and put that section of the washer back on and said he fixed it. He said I needed parts for the dispenser problem (He tried to take the washer selection knob off the wrong way while working on that area). Don't think he knew what he was doing.

After asking him to please order the parts to fix my washer and paying him I waited and waited for parts, contacted Sears repeatedly on where my parts were. I finally receive one of the dispenser parts on January 26, 2019, and after continually contacting Sears on my other two parts I finally got them the week of February 24, 2019. John ** came back yesterday (February 28, 2019) and had problems with putting the parts on. He told me he could not put the value dispenser part on because he could not turn the water off to my washing machine and if he broke the faucets it was not his fault. He had to take the power button section off twice because the power button would still stick and not get power. This was after he replaced the washer electronic control board (basically a circuit board) which was to fix the power button problem.

NOW I have no idea what will happen to the dispenser (which filled with water after washing because I told him to take the value part back and credit me for that part. After the tech left, I immediately put a delicate load in the washer and found the knob (for selecting the cycle) does not turn properly. It worked perfectly before he came out and pulled that section of my washer off. I have contacted Sears again for another tech to come and fix the problem John ** caused with the knob.

In my opinion John **, tech, doesn't know much about fixing my washer and spends a good line of nothing - if you get my drift. Also he told me I should have asked where my washer was made when I purchased it. Heck I went to a Sears store and the washer had a Kenmore emblem on it - as well as my refrigerator and dryer. So I am now the proud owners (since 2011) of a LG washer, LG dryer and LG refrigerator. (If I had wanted LG I would have purchased LG).

I purchased Sears Kenmore based on their reliability from years past - but not now. What a deceptive practice Sears has been doing for so long. I think this is false advertising. So help me God I will never do business again with Sears. I will certainly try a Whirlpool which I believe makes Maytag and KitchenAid appliances. And believe me it is very hard to understand the people you talk to when trying to get a service call placed. Before purchasing always ask where your appliance is made, who it is made by, and where you can get servicing. In the end I have paid close to $500.00 and could have purchased another washer for that amount of money and with so much less pain from dealing with Sears.

Original review: March 1, 2019

When the repair tech arrived I showed him the loose burner control knob. Immediately he claims it is a bad gas valve and needs to be replaced. I told him to look carefully at the area. I told him I think it is a loose mounting problem. Like some screw needs to be tightened to a support manifold or something. He said, "Unfortunately we can’t see that." I told him to remove the caps, burners, open the oven door, remove the control panel screws and then two more screws that hold down the stove top and look inside. He said he was afraid to remove the burners because the screws could snap and then you have to replace all the burners. I told him to be careful. He then very reluctantly removed the 5-caps and 2-burners. Then suddenly stopped and said, "This will cost you extra. This is not covered by the $119 trip charge."

I told him the $119 is for a tech to drive out, assess the problem and give an estimate. He said, "I have done that. You need a new gas valve." He then replaced the two burners and five caps on the burners. Then told me it would cost an additional $450 to replace the valve. I told him that was ridiculous. The gas valve works fine. It is a mounting issue. He took my $119 and left. I then disconnected the power cord and turned off the gas. I removed all five caps and burners, the control panel and popped open the stove top. I noticed two loose screws on the gas burner head next to the manifold spark trigger. I tightened those screws and completed the repair. It took me 35 minutes. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I read a review that matched mine so I included it below. We needed a minor repair but somehow the cost for repair was equal to what we paid for the appliance a year earlier. I then decided to fix this issue myself and after way too much time talking and texting I went with Sears to get the part (the plastic piece you push to get ice and water to come out). Of course, despite my efforts an absolutely different part comes. Other review: What a roller coaster ride by Sears and Sears subcontractors! Wow these subcontractors for Sears appliance repair have got it made in the shade! These guys and gals come out to your house when they feel like it, and they don’t have supervisors to hold them accountable if they do a crappy job.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

What a roller coaster ride by Sears and Sears subcontractors! Wow these subcontractors for Sears appliance repair have got it made in the shade! These guys and gals come out to your house when they feel like it, and they don’t have supervisors to hold them accountable if they do a crappy job. If they do have a supervisor, the supervisor’s location and phone number are Top Secret because you won’t be able to locate or talk to their supervisor. I tried several times. Good luck to anyone who needs assistance for a broken appliance (3 month old dryer for example), or if you need to file a complaint about how long it takes to have a service technician come out and "attempt" to repair an appliance.

All Sears phone numbers lead to an answering service in the Philippines. Here are the numbers I called: The Sears Customer Solutions/Corporate Escalation number 1800-665-2127-Philippines, the Sears Corporate HQs 1847-286-2500-Philippines, the Sears Home Service Dept 1800-469-4663-Philippines, and the Sears A&E Factory Service number 1800-905-9505-Philippines. Sears has outsourced their customer service to an an answering service overseas – what a surprise. The answering service takes your name and number and apologizes and then schedules an appointment a week or 2 out with an incompetent Sears subcontractor.

5 times, yes 5 times (Jan 9th, Jan 28th, Feb 11th, Feb 20th, and finally today Feb 28th 2019), a Sears subcontractor, Shane (Employee #**) and 1 other person from A&E Factory Service located out of Richmond, VA, came out to the house to "repair" our 3 month old dryer. Every time the Sears subcontractor Shane came out, he never had the correct part (thermostat, microchip board, etc) to fix the dryer when all along the dryer wasn’t working because parts in the dryer had melted. Why? Because the dryer was not installed properly by the first incompetent Sears installer technician. This was identified on the 3rd visit by a different Sears subcontractor repair person from A&E Factory Service located out of Richmond VA and later by an electrician we hired who stated we were lucky the house didn’t burn down.

On the 4th visit by the subcontractor, Shane, he forgot to install a part for the dryer. Why? Because he left the part on a shelf next to the dryer and simply forgot. I guess he just wanted to come back a 5th time to say hello or maybe he’s paid by the number of house calls he makes. The 5th visit was today, and I hope it's the last. When I asked Shane, the Sears subcontractor for his supervisor’s name and number and location, he paused and stumbled over his words and said, "It's Mr. Scott **”. Did he make that name up? Probably. And when I called the phone number he gave me, guess what? If you guessed the phone number is located in the Philippines, you are correct. And to think all this could have been avoided if the Sears delivery service had installed the dryer correctly.

If you are looking for a job that requires little or no training, great pay for shoddy work, zero accountability where you can be your own boss and not have to answer to anyone, then Sears Appliance Repair Person is the job for you! You never have to worry about accountability or dissatisfied customers. And to those who are reading this and wondering, we asked for a new dryer several times and compensation for doing laundry in a laundromat for 2 months. We were told by the Sears answering service for all the numbers I called (see above), “We don’t have that authority, but we’ll submit the request to management”. All the board members for the Sears Holding Corporation should be fired! No wonder Sears is going bankrupt. Good riddance!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Refrigerator delivery confirmation was 12-5 when I ordered and confirmed 12-2 the day of. I was called by delivery service at 10:50 telling me delivery in 20 minutes. I told them the earliest I could be there was 12 so they would not deliver. At this point I was irate after taking a half day off to be there when they said they would so I cancelled the whole order. A company word is everything and Sears does not keep their word.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

After email confirmation with a four hour window; no one showed up today and did not even have the decency of giving us a call. I took a day off to have the machine fixed for which one of their technicians had ordered parts about 10 days back. The parts have been sitting here but no show from SEARS. Calling them was no help as I was given no explanation for the lack of communication; and got another appointment for Thursday. Let’s see fingers crossed. Disappointed and frustrated - lost a day of work - thanks to SEARS!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Started with a dishwasher issue. Within 5 minutes the tech diagnosed the problem being the computer and immediately sales pitched me on the home warranty to save 50% on the part and service call. It then took 3 more techs and 4 months to really find the problem, each time the tech calling the previous tech incorrect in their diagnosis. Next was the oven, diagnosed in 5 minutes as a bearing...write a check for $100 to cover everything. Part is ordered, install scheduled only to discover the part was broken, yaaa. Somehow this is my problem so an additional $89 is charged. I just cancelled the service and going to chalk this one up to experience. Fooled me once shame on Sears. Hope they go bankrupt under their crook of a CEO before others fall prey to their services.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Purchased a dishwasher that (short story) started to fall apart within 6 months. Had multiple repair attempts out, numerous part orders, etc. After a year and a half, inquired as to what are we going to do. NOTHING is fixing this. Was told I needed to pick a replacement. With no store to pick one out at, (ours has shut down), I was then told to look online. Spent some time, research, picked one out. Told it would be reviewed and processed. Never delivered, no phone call, nothing. Drop the ball. I call. Spend hours on the phone, get hung up on, transferred (left hand doesn't know what the right is doing), hung up on, (I have no life to Sears and nothing better to do than spend hours on the phone with no solution in sight).

I finally get an individual who transfers me to Resolution Center. Said they'd send papers for a buyout. Sign and return. Perfect. I call today as it's 2 months later, (papers were delivered a few weeks ago and check for replacement should have been here by now) and am informed it's been cancelled? Again, no phone call, nothing. These things are the EXACT reason why Sears is going out of business on a daily basis. Can't reach anyone in Winter Park, FL, can't give me an answer as to why it was cancelled... Nothing. Broken dishwasher and the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

Sears Company Information