2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: June 18, 2020

It does a good job cooling and heating, although some time I have to check it to see if it is on the correct setting. It works well with the Nest thermostat, it makes it very convenient to keep my home comfortable from anywhere in the house. I like that it came with a 5 year twice a year check up for possible maintenance.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My wife and I had our oven go bad. We have a in home service contract so the repair person (nice guy) tried to get it repaired but it was not repairable. So our contract with SEARS had the company contact us to tell us we had a credit for $1494. We first went to the outlet store in Oceanside where Jason went out of his way to help us. We couldn't find what we wanted so we went to the Escondido store in North County Fair. We had Terry (sales check # **) wait on us. WHAT GREAT SERVICE!!!! Talk about going out of the way. Holy cow. My compliments to your company. This is why we go to the North County Fair store. Keep it open please. Tom **, Valley Center, CA

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I purchased a gift of jewelry online recently and it was an outstanding experience. I found a great buy for cultured pearl stud earrings, perfect for a friend of mine for Christmas. Shopping online was simple and quick. I placed the order within a few seconds, and received an immediate confirmation. Sears sent frequent tracking updates so I could observe the shipping process without even having to enter tracking information. It was a great purchase and service process.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

That day I woke up and had coffee. While having coffee, I remembered I needed pants. I drove to Sears and asked the salesperson where the men's pants were. She then led me to them. She was very nice. I tried them on, they fit and I bought them.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I searched for a company to Clean my Home Airway Ducts and System. Many prices were around $300. I decided to hire SEARS because I thought I would get a better job even if the price was "slightly" higher. SEARS did the job. Checking my Bank Statement it showed that SEARS had billed me $1,800. I called several times and was told someone would call. They didn't. I even wrote the SEARS Headquarters. Nothing. Finally I contacted my Bank and told them to not acknowledge SEARS Charge. A short time later SEARS returned $1400. I think SEARS is on the way out. BE CAREFUL OF YOUR Dealings with this failing company.

Original review: July 31, 2020

SAME EXACT Experience, Timing and Product Type as Mary from Burbank. I had THE same order history (1 day different) and same runaround that Mary got. Online order: 3/21/20. Delays and more delays on delivery. The difference in my story is that they (sears.com) had my order marked as picked up, though the store NEVER received it. I went to the store - they said it was never delivered.

So I simply asked Sears.com to cancel and for a refund... And after being put off 3 days at a time for 4 consecutive times over the course or a month, being asked to provide the same information, the response [finally] was to call the store. The Sears.com folks went so far as to say that the store sold it to someone else, and that the person was fired {they have NO authority to do that... Just making up soap operas}. In chat for an hour with the 'escalation team' and still, I got an email saying that it was picked up, and to deal with the store, despite them acknowledging that it was NOT. So, I called the local store, they got a kick out of the story I was told about the sale associate being fired, and THEY refunded me my money.

The Sears.com chat and support team must get bonuses for giving people the run around.. They did similar on a malfunctioning brand new refrigerator two years before TERRIBLE WASTE OF TIME. My advice - buy in store to support your local franchise or GO TO A BIG BOX STORE. AWFUL does not even BEGIN to describe the experience.

Original review: July 27, 2020

No sense in have to wait this long with a broken fan in freezer with loud noise and losing food and drink too. I would freeze water bottle to put in fridge to save food. We cannot afford to lose anything. Nobody should have to wait.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Told by their managers Dion and Jeff in Alexandria, VA to try a push pull marketing tactic. Go in for the scheduled service but LEAVE when they don't agree to clean the furnace for $250. Guy said flat out they are told to walk out if the owner won't clean the furnace. He had 4 one lines as to why they do that = all are gimmicks I overcame and he didn't care. I told him a professional HVAC company was cleaning my furnace for half the price this Thursday. Then he got defensive and said, if you are using another company for that, then we won't clean your ducts. And he walked out. There was a lot more shady things he said but I'll keep this review. SEARS HAS An average of 1 STAR out of 5 for thousands of reviews online. Get the message. Oh and everywhere else was cheaper than the SEARS "Promo" - by about 1/2 the price.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I needed repair on one burner for my electric stove and was charged $550! I could have purchased a new electric stove for that money! Called Sears to complain and was told there was nothing they could do. I trusted the name since I had purchased many appliances here and received unsatisfactory assistance from them!

Original review: July 21, 2020

Omg if I could rate it less I would. Just for some slippers I wanted I had to wait 2 fricken hours and my mom had to wait 2-4 for something she needed to fix. This is horrible. If Sears are reading this they should get this problem fixed or no one will even call them 'cause I'm never calling.

Sears Company Information