2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

We purchased a home in a small town in North Carolina and was having a hard time having a company make a delivery to my area. We decided to drive a few hours to our local Sears Store and found the perfect electric stove that met our needs for this home. The size, color and features were perfect. The best part Sears delivered it for free. We placed our order and within a few days it arrived and it was installed and works perfectly in every way. I couldn't ask for more from such a great company that went out of their way....

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

This system was installed in the 80's. Very little problems. Just needs a new battery every now and then. It is not on any monitoring service. So there are no extra fees. If the alarm goes off the bell will ring to alert the neighbors of a problem.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

The Sears paints that I used would cover in one coat as advertised, had the sheen aka. finish that I desired, were available in myriads of colors as are most brands, and proved to be very durable.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

On time, always can rely on them. They fix problem always or else provides new machine. This has never happened to me. They always fix the problem like new. Plan, covers most of problem costs. Have had Sears service for at least 20 years on all appliances. I am totally satisfied. Would not change to a different service.

Original review: June 18, 2020

It does a good job cooling and heating, although some time I have to check it to see if it is on the correct setting. It works well with the Nest thermostat, it makes it very convenient to keep my home comfortable from anywhere in the house. I like that it came with a 5 year twice a year check up for possible maintenance.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

If I could give Sears a zero star, it wouldn't be low enough. My water heater went out last July. It took a week for them to send a technician out to fix it. They charged me $249 for a 15min part replacement. Now fast forward 6 months and my water heater has gone out again. I call, and yet again, another 1-week wait to get someone out. Another $249. But this time, the technician says that the part that was replaced in July should have had a second part replaced with it at the same time, the part he is now replacing as it too had failed. He verifies these two parts should always be swapped out TOGETHER for this reason. But, the incompetent first technician only replaced one.

I call Sears and dispute the second $249 charge because of their own incompetence. Why should I pay twice for a service that should have been completed in 1 visit? Their response to the request for a refund? Denied. SEARS IS NOT ONLY INCOMPETENT BUT THIEVES TO BOOT. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I ordered a GE washing machine in mid December 2020 from Sears.com. The order detailed the machine would be delivered with several weeks, it’s now been two months and the washing machine has yet to be delivered to my home. Sears rescheduled the delivery of the machine 4 times since the promise of the first delivery. I will never order another item from Sears ever again. Such poor customer service and awful experience from a company that’s been around for many years... I will never advise anyone to buy or order anything from Sears. The company is outdated and irrelevant. Consumers should be aware of the poor customer service Sears provide. Consumers should not trust doing business with Sears.com. I regret doing my business with Sears online. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I ordered a dishwasher and stove. I received delivery confirmation. I received only dishwasher. Called and was told I would have to wait 48 hours to receive update on stove whereabouts. Terrible service.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I bought big windows for my house in 2001, I spend $7000.- dollar and they are supposed to be lifetime warranty, I called last year because some of the windows need to be replaced, they are double glass windows and got bad inside, I explained that to the woman who answered the phone and that ** woman who had answered the phone started screaming at me like a mental patient, I don't know her or anyone in that place. She screamed "someone will come from Dallas and YOU HAVE TO PAY $60.- DOLLAR PER HOUR, YOU HAVE TO PAY, YOU HAVE TO PAY. In first place they are under a lifetime warranty and it is not my fault that it is a bad workmanship. If she does not like ** people then she needs to work someplace else, wherever I don't know. I am going to write to the corporate office and see if they will get me a normal person to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I placed an order of a rangehood and a layaway order on Sears.com for a dishwasher and a gas range in November 2020. I made 5 payments in total. The first one was a down payment of $149.67 and I made another $90.72 for the range hood on the same day. The next 4 payments were done every two weeks as follow:

November 19th - $336.76
      December 1st - $336.76
      December 16th - $336.76

December 29th - $336.74

So the total that I paid off that layaway transaction was $1496.69 ($149.67+$336.76+$336.76+$336.76+$336.74). I paid for the range hood and kept it so I don't count the $90.72 payment. Now Sears refunded me:

$149.67 on February 2nd

$251.75 instead of $336.74 on February 2nd

SEARS REFUNDED ME ONLY $1411.70 INSTEAD OF $1496.69. I have tried to contact their customer service number so many times and spoken to so many people. Every time I called, they would keep telling me that they already submitted a request to the refund/delivery team to check on the issue and someone would get back to me within 48 hours.

I haven’t heard from anyone so far starting February 1st. Only one time they emailed me and stated that they refunded me $1411.70 while my emails specifically questioned them why I didn’t get my full refund. It seems like none of them actually bothers to research the issue to find out what happened. They just responded automatically to what they saw on the screen. Sears used to be good. Now they suck! I want to get the $85 that they’ve stolen from me back because it is MY MONEY! Never ever do any business with Sears again. Don’t bother to call their customer service for help either! Because they wouldn’t do anything!!

Sears Company Information