4.0/5 (732 ratings)

About Sears

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I paid for a two-year Sears protection agreement for a refrigerator. Called for service and was given a date of almost a month away of November 23, 2022. Note that date is the day before Thanksgiving. Obviously, I couldn't wait for that long. Cancelled the service and had to buy a new refrigerator. Called today to cancel the protection agreement with one year left and was told that my credit card would be credited one cent! Yes, that is not a typo. One cent! I said many things and then said don't even bother. The response was "Too late. You told me to cancel and I did. You will see your one cent in 3 to 5 business days." The refund on the agreement is not the point. A one-month service turnaround is a joke.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

On October 8, 2022 I placed an order online at Sears for a 5 pc outdoor bar set. Had a delivery date for 10/18. On 10/15 I got a call saying item has not been received from manufacturer yet and to reschedule. New date of 10/29. On 10/28 I got another call saying they did not get item and to reschedule again. New date of 11/12. Somewhere in between I got an email saying the item was delivered! After many many phone calls, on 11/7 they realized it was mistakenly put in system as delivered. Now I had to wait 7 more days for system to correct itself before a new delivery date can be made. I was ASSURED item was in the warehouse at that time. On 11/16 I received another email saying they refunded my money because item is not in stock! 6 weeks of getting the complete run around of extremely poor customer service.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

We have purchased multiple appliances in the past 40 years from Sears and protected them with their Sears Protection Agreement. During the past year (2022), we have called for repairs on 2 appliances and been unsuccessful getting service, as since the changes in the company, it appears the Protection Agreement has a different set of rules for use. These rules are designed to not give us the service we need on the appliances. The phone techs are non-English speaking, following a strict script of what to say. Our money for the agreement is wasted. Do not put anything on a Sears protection agreement. The cost is more expensive and you will not get the service. It's a game to be played and you, the consumer, will lose.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Unable to get my Sears installed HVAC repaired. Service Repair Technician refers me to Home Improvement and Home Improvement refers me back to Service Repair. I tried calling and I am transferred back and forth between departments. Terrible company and service.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

BUYER BEWARE!!!! THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS. Sears referred us to a business associated with them to install a new garage door. I live in the Bergen County NJ area, the company is called Sears Garage Door Installation and Repair, phone number is 973 414 9800. The company is ran by a man named Saul. Firstly, when they came to install the garage, they installed the garage door a few inches lower, and our car is no longer to able to fit in our garage!

We were told they were going to raise the height of the garage when they would come on the second visit to install the sunburst window panels on the garage door. They should have the windows ready on the first visit, but they said they did not have them available. They said they would come in three to six weeks, they did not! Well months passed, we called and they then said they are still waiting for the order.

Months passed again, and they then said, that they never agreed to do the windows! And when I said my garage door is low, and I can’t fit my car, Saul then responded “Well how do I know you didn’t get a new car?” I asked Saul for a copy of original contract, he ignored my request, and then said, "If you have the paper showing the contract, I'll do it for you."

I found the contract, which says very clearly, that the windows were a part of the agreement and now he’s avoiding all my phone calls and emails! I tried contacting various people at Sears via their corporate number and emails, but nobody responds back to me! All they keep telling me to do is to call Saul, who doesn’t even respond to my emails or phone calls, EVEN after showing him proof in the contract! When I told Saul I am going to cancel the payment, he then threatened me to go to court, and put a lien against my home, completely unprofessional, I HAVE THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT. Really poor service, I wouldn’t expect from a company such as Sears, be VERY careful when dealing with any of these vendors!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I am currently on my 8th appointment with Sears Home Service to repair my $4500 stove. After the first visit, I paid $800 for the needed parts and labor to repair the stove. From there it has been a nightmare. Appointments are automatically scheduled - you can not talk to a live person. The one time I did talk to a person, they transferred me to their automated system. They schedule appointments and don't show up - no reason. So far I've taken 3 days off work waiting for them to show up and no one shows up. No reason, nothing.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I purchased a freezer from American Freight along with a master protection warranty in Jan 2021. The freezer went out on Oct 1 of 2021. Several (6 plus) service repairs later I finally, on June 14th 2022 had a repair man deem it unrepairable and it is to be replaced according to the warranty. Case filed and case number created on June 21, 2022. I've now been waiting for the product replacement to be approved and July 18th I have received nothing. Every call I get another person telling me another story.

7/7 Fernando told me they were waiting for the tech's district manager to approve the replacement. 7/18 spoke to Dylan who said the escalations team was waiting for the approval and he would contact their manager. 7/18 Humbert transferred me to a manager and left me on hold for an hour then hung up. 7/18 Heidie said she is sending something to the product replacement team, who is waiting for a decision, and to give it 3 business days and she is confident it will be resolved.

It is so obvious they have their go to script just to get you off the line. Meanwhile, no one is getting any products replaced or repaired properly. There is no way to get my freezer replaced if they never complete the process and it's impossible to get anyone to give you a straight answer. No managers will ever take your call since they are "in a meeting or will call you back" which never happens. The master protection warranty states this is worry free coverage with a replacement guarantee. "If we can't fix it, we'll replace it and continue coverage to the new item".

Master protection warranty doesn't protect anything and $950 I spent on a freezer & warranty was a waste. Sears just stole almost $1000 of my hard earned money. Since I'm a widow and only have my income this was a hard hit to my wallet. I do a physical job and work damn hard to have some corporation steal my money! It's a disgrace!!!

Original review: July 16, 2022

We had our HVAC unit installed in 2011 with Sears and it was followed up with a "Whole Home Warranty" with Sears. Throughout the years we called them to do maintenance and clean up on the HVAC unit. In 2022 I requested service regarding insufficient cooling in the residence. Sears dispatched the service technician upon diagnosing the HVAC unit. It was determined the evaporator coil was dirty. I suggested could the technician clean the coil and he responded "It needed to be replaced". The technician stated since we had it installed back in 2011 with Sears that it was time to have it replaced. I told him we had the best Extended Warranty with Sears as you can see in the attachments below that I am paying $69.99 every month since 2011 and the tech told me he would place the order for the coil.

Two days later the tech called me and said "Sears was not going to replace the coil". I then asked why? His response was Sears said it was a lack of maintenance, but the tech said the coil was well over 10 years old. I told the tech this is why we paid for the Extended Home Warranty and during the process of applying for the warranty it was explained after 1st 30 days of getting the Extended Home Warranty would cover things of this nature. (stove, refrigerator, HVAC, etc...)

Original review: July 7, 2022

I have been dealing with this company for a year now, service is horrible. The wait time is unbelievable once they answer you’re being transferred. They change the appointment times the same day they’re supposed to show up. They have been to my home 5 days n a row for the same problem. I need to speak with someone in corporate. They makes sure they take their money out on time. Don’t get this home warranty company.

Original review: June 28, 2022

Purchased some clothes from TheMogan, who is part of Sears.com. Had problem after problem with the order, and Sears took ZERO responsibility for any of it. Couldn't get in touch with TheMogan, spent COUNTLESS hours doing live chat with Sears, calling Sears, doing live chat with Sears, calling Sears, etc and they promised me that TheMogan would get my messages/that they would relay the messages to TheMogan. Had to get my bank involved to get anything done with this. WASTE of time, WASTE of money. NEVER AGAIN will I order from Sears.com. This has been a NIGHTMARE.

Sears Company Information