3.7/5 (1105 ratings)

About Sears

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

First, their inept technician misdiagnosed our oven’s problem. Later, the 3rd of 3 parts we needed and which had been back-ordered was cancelled, making the repair impossible. We’ve tried to return the first 2 parts for a refund 6 times! Each time we speak to the Sears Repair Dept (a.k.a. Transformco), they tell us they’ll send us the return shipping labels, but they never send them. And they won’t allow you to speak with a supervisor- it’s maddening! Until we can return these useless parts, our refund is basically being held hostage. This began in 7/2021 and it’s now 1/2022. This is, by far, the worst customer service experience we have ever encountered. Beware, anyone considering using Sears Repair.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Sears has abused and mistreated my 2 elderly aunts, 80 and 89 years old, to their heart's content. They make it virtually impossible for them to get through via phone, so I do it for them. They are disrespectful, they DO NOT honor the extended warranties, and lie. They lie! My aunt's fridge broke down, they lost all their food. One person told me that because they have extended warranty, they would get reimbursed for their food. The next person said they would not and basically, too bad, so sad. Shame on them. Shame on them for abusing the elderly, for lying, for being crooks.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Truly ZERO STARS!! Based on Sear's reputation (clearly a thing of the past!),I opted to have their home services come out to replace an old range hood with a new one. I was pre-charged $209.99 for the work and told installation would happen within the week. That was two weeks ago today! Every time I try to call or chat, they tell me my phone number isn't in the system... Yet it's on the receipt they emailed me! I did reach someone on the 20th who finally told me that she could see the receipt, but that they hadn't found anyone to do the work yet and to give them two more days. Still waiting...

When I called back today, once again they couldn't see my phone number on anything, and gave me an email to send the receipt to (supposedly) for a refund. I am not holding out hope. This transaction has SCAM and FRAUD written all over it! Do yourself a HUGE favor and stay as far away from Sears Home "Services" as you can!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Sears has outsourced all the phone answering and service scheduling for their Repair/Warranty program. It is a horrendous runaround and time consuming experience to get an appointment for repair as the answering and repair service is outsourced to both large corporate and local repair companies which from my experience are understaffed and not sufficiently trained.

Our refrigerator began making strange new noises so knowing repair times are delayed due to current supply problems we called Sears Repair service and made an appointment. After waiting over two weeks for a service person to arrive, we basically got a salesman who briefly messed with the refrigerator, then told us we needed a new fan that prevented “ice ups” and he would need to order the part. He then sold us a “warranty program that he said covered all appliance repair for all appliances in our house with NO additional costs. He made it sound simple and good, and that we would get the warranty contract separately. So we opted.

However, He did not disclose: A $75 dollar fee for setting up each future repair appointment; that there is a 90 day wait before your warranty begins (although the monthly fee was immediately charged and each month premium is taken out at the first of the month); that you would be run around on the phone by outsourced, offshore companies staffed with people who don't speak clear English and talk to fast and have no authorization to resolve anything; that there is a $150 cancellation fee on the warranty program.

After the first serviceman got through messing with the refrigerator the ice maker quit working. After another two weeks a different “service technician“ came to install the fan and fix the problem. He installed the fan and said the ice maker was fixed. It was not fixed. After three days we have about 10 ice cubes. So...we started calling the Service and Warranty programs. That is when we began learning of the all the undisclosed information about the Warranty. We counted our losses and changed the associated credit card number through our bank. The Credit card company is going to open a dispute with “Sears Service” for the charges. Save yourself a lot of grief and stress...DO NOT BUY the so called Sears Repair service or Warranty program.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I bought a Kenmore refrigerator, 1500/2500 and still in warranty (expires Sept 2022). In the last (almost) year the technician has been checking and fixing the fridge 3 times. In this third time the problem is with the compressor and some hose. When the parts arrived I called and was assigned an appointment for the repair, that was on November 6, 2021. Since then I been rescheduled and confirmed several times: November 8, November 11, November 16, November 27, November 29, November 30, December 6, December 7. Now the 9th reschedule is December 9!!! With my experience, I would not recommend anyone purchase anything or the extend warranty from SEARS!!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I had a very poor experience with Sears Home Services. I didn't even want to give them one star.

Timeline:
    Nov. 16--Appointment confirmation, technician will arrive Dec. 2 between 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
    Nov 29--Your appointment is soon--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm.
    Nov 30--Your appointment is in 2 days--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm.
    Dec 1--Tomorrow appointment confirmation--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm.
    Dec 2 (7:06 am)--Your appointment is today--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm. Let us know if you need to cancel right away to avoid a service charge.

Dec. 2 (10:02 am)--updated time--Tech will arrive between 4:28 and 5:58 pm.

Result: No-show, No-call, No correspondence whatsoever. My wife had to miss a day of work costing her $140 plus she had to miss our Grandson's first basketball game of the year. The very least they could do was call and let us know that they weren't going to make it. The excuse was, it was too late to call. 5:58 pm is not too late. They then changed the excuse to had to order parts. How in the heck can they order parts if they haven't even looked at it. Had to reschedule appointment. If they don't show up this time I will go to small claims court for compensation. "I'm sorry" really doesn't cut it as far as customer service is concerned. I will never buy a Sears appliance again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Clearly Sears has sold thousands if not more of ps5 and Xbox consoles. Then they help the scalpers sell it on their marketplace. I'm sure it's more than just consoles. These scumbags have taken major advantage of the American consumer, and during a pandemic, disgusting.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Back Story: On November 8th 2021 our 5 yr old Whirlpool dishwasher, while in wash cycle, went SNAP CRACKLE and then acrid smelling smoke started pouring out like two large cumulonimbus clouds. On November 8th we ordered a Samsung dishwasher from Sears online, which stated that someone would be in touch within 48 business hours to arrange the delivery/install/haul-away. On November 10th followed up and was asked for my address so they could place a “request for an installer” into the computer. On November 11th contacted them and was told the request is active and someone would contact me within 24-48 business hours to schedule.

Contacted again on the 15th and again on the 18th, where they said they would schedule the install, then kept me on hold for 20 minutes and dropped the call but let me leave a voice mail (!). My husband called and they told him that someone would contact him within 24-48 business hours. On the 23rd it took my husband 20 minutes to cancel the order because the person on the phone kept trying to save the sale. They charged our credit card on the 8th and it will take 10 business days to refund. And that seems to be their business model - using your money.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Re: Order #**. On Nov 3, 2021, I placed an online order for GE GSD2100VWWW 24" built-in dishwasher to be picked up in Elko, NV on Nov 22, 2021. Later that day, I found the same price point for a dishwasher locally and canceled my order. I'd already been charged and the agent I spoke with told me it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. (It should NEVER take that long for the return of funds. If you can take it out immediately, you can return it in a timely manner.) He said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION.

On Nov 5, I received an email stating that Sears was working on my order. There was nothing about the cancellation. So, I called. The agent said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, but that he would cancel it immediately. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. He said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION.

I did not receive an email at all, so on Nov 8, 2021, I called. It was a repeat of my call on Nov 5. The agent said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, but that he would cancel it immediately. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. I asked if the original date of cancellation (Nov 3, 2021) would be held to, and he said no, it would be from Nov 8, 2021. He said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION. At this point, I asked for a supervisor and was told there wasn't one I could speak with. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor, I even said I was escalated, and he would not put through to a supervisor.

On Nov 15, 2021, I called again because I have not received an email confirmation of cancellation. It was the same exact interaction except with a female agent. With a really strong accent and it was hard to understand what she was saying. But the conversation went: the agent said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, or Nov 5, or Nov 8, but that she would cancel it immediately. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. I asked if the original date of cancellation (Nov 3, 2021) would be held to, and she said no, it would be from Nov 15, 2021. She said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION. At this point, I asked for a supervisor and was told there wasn't one I could speak with. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor, I even said I was escalated, and she would not put through to a supervisor. This one ended the call with me.

On Nov 22, 2021 (today,) I called again because of not receiving an email confirming cancellation of the order. And wouldn't you know, it was the same damn conversation. This agent, her name is Jai, said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, or Nov 5, or Nov 8, or Nov 15, but that she would cancel it immediately today, Nov 22, 2021. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. I asked if the original date of cancellation (Nov 3, 2021) would be held to, and she said no, it would be from Nov 22, 2021. She said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION.

At this point, I asked for a supervisor and was told there wasn't one I could speak with. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor, I even said I was escalated, and she would not put through to a supervisor. This agent also told me that she would end the call if I wasn't nicer. We got nowhere and she continued to refuse me a supervisor until finally, she said I could be put on a call-back list and it would take four hours or more for a supervisor to get back to me. That is completely unacceptable. (The case number for this last phone call is #**.)

So, dear Sears Corp, I should be nice that Sears hires incompetent people and I can't get my order cancelled and can't get my money back? Because that's where we're at. I've contacted my bank and will be going through the steps to deny the payment and file a fraud claim. Because what you are doing now is fraud. To be as blunt as possible and still maintain a little decorum, Sears sucks. I will never shop with any Sears Corp business ever. I want this fixed and I want it fixed now.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

We had no problem with delivery delay of our refrigerator because we knew about shipping problems after covid. However, the communication from Sears is woefully inadequate. Delivery was delayed three times, each time a week. Apparently they only deliver on Wednesday. Each time it was delayed the emails were the morning of the delivery. We would arrange to be home (they don’t announce your window night before as promised).

Finally we have a delivery window called in at 1:00 am. By Costco. No notice from Sears that Costco was now doing our delivery. 15 minutes AFTER delivery window ended we got a message from sears that delivery was delayed on manufacturer's end. Huh? They didn't know that until after we stayed home all afternoon? This is the third time we have to get off work for nothing. This next delivery would have been 4 times. Totally unacceptable. We are canceling this order and buying a used one from a friend. Customer service for delivery guarantees they will not be in business for much longer. Fridge probably wouldn’t have lasted anyway because of built in obsolescence epidemic.

Sears Company Information