2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sears Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My wife and I had our oven go bad. We have a in home service contract so the repair person (nice guy) tried to get it repaired but it was not repairable. So our contract with SEARS had the company contact us to tell us we had a credit for $1494. We first went to the outlet store in Oceanside where Jason went out of his way to help us. We couldn't find what we wanted so we went to the Escondido store in North County Fair. We had Terry (sales check # **) wait on us. WHAT GREAT SERVICE!!!! Talk about going out of the way. Holy cow. My compliments to your company. This is why we go to the North County Fair store. Keep it open please. Tom **, Valley Center, CA

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I purchased a gift of jewelry online recently and it was an outstanding experience. I found a great buy for cultured pearl stud earrings, perfect for a friend of mine for Christmas. Shopping online was simple and quick. I placed the order within a few seconds, and received an immediate confirmation. Sears sent frequent tracking updates so I could observe the shipping process without even having to enter tracking information. It was a great purchase and service process.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

That day I woke up and had coffee. While having coffee, I remembered I needed pants. I drove to Sears and asked the salesperson where the men's pants were. She then led me to them. She was very nice. I tried them on, they fit and I bought them.

Original review: May 28, 2020

It is repetitively disappointing that a consumer reschedules their entire day to fit an appointment in from 8a-12p and then have the technician not show up, no call and a text @ 1152 stating on way; shows up at 1240p and states someone else will be out later. When calling or chatting online, there is no resolution or accountability. Was told, you'll have to reschedule and the soonest is 2 weeks. It is understandable how this company went under. Their repair services I'm certain will soon follow. Very difficult to get honest dependable work done and Sears is definitely not a reliable company.

Original review: May 17, 2020

In 2002 we purchased a furnace/heat pump with installation from Sears. Since that time we have stayed current on our Master Protection Agreement and over the years have received the maintenance and repairs as needed for our designated appliances. I now, however am caught in the biggest run around I have ever experienced with a business. In February our furnace stopped working and a technician came out and put a new ignitor switch in. The middle of March the furnace stopped working again and I have been unable to get anyone here to fix it. I have had at least 5 scheduled appointments that have been canceled by Sears via text and email either the day of or the night before the scheduled appointment. Each time I spend anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours being on hold and transferred to other departments.

I have been told that there is only one technician in our area and he is self quarantined, which I originally was sympathetic to. Then I was told that the tech had not renewed his license. Another call I was told that a No Dates Available form needed to be submitted to get a tech from outside the area. The next call I was told it was never submitted. Now, I have been told twice that Sears is working with a Go Local request and I will hear back from them. The first time I was to hear in 72 hours and did not. The next time I was told I would hear by this Friday which was a week from my last call. When I called the Protection Agreement department on Friday, May 15th, I was told that Friday wasn't over yet. I still have heard nothing. I have now submitted a refund request for my furnace that is apparently unrepairable. I will also request the unearned premium I submitted previously for the next policy period.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: April 25, 2020

Sears scheduled the delivery of my mattress for the 21st of April. A computer called to say the delivery was being postponed to the 25th. I called Sears customers service and they said it was due to vendor issues. I agreed to wait for the 25th but when the 25th came they canceled again without providing a new delivery date. I called this time to cancel the order as this was now ridiculous and they said my refund would take 14 to 30 days!!! I even spoke to the supervisor and she would not give me my refund sooner. They could not even guarantee a delivery date and now they wanted to keep my money for up to 30 days! This is totally ridiculous as I need that money to buy another mattress! Stay away from Sears!

Original review: April 25, 2020

Placed order for 2 facial masks on Sears.com; supposed to arrive 4/17/20; checked tracking number - supposedly in Kearny, NJ awaiting acceptance of package; checked on 4/17/20 and still in Kearny, NJ. Sent email to USPS and they said they have no record of package ever being scanned. Sent emails - told would resend, refund would be given; definitely a Chinese seller - bottom line no package and no refund - beware - do not shop on Sears.com - total scam.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Purchased this machine May 14, 2019. Warranty. The week of the 6th of April our machine emitted smoke and odor of rubber buring which permeated our home. Repairman came to the home April 13th, 2020. Stated that the capacitor "blew up" were his exact words. We then requested a replacement as we were concerned that keeping the machine was not a good idea with the fear of fire in the future. We were denied a replacement with the Sears representative indicating there was a "protocol" whereby 8 repairs would have to have happened in order to receive a replacement!

On April the same repairman came out (very nice guy) and said he would order the part/s that would be necessary for repair. The next appointment was set for April 29th...however, we were notified that the part was back-ordered! We are elderly and with the COVID requirements taking our washes over to the laundromat is risky for us. We have done so but from what Sears told us we probably would not have a working machine for several weeks. There has to be a way to have this machine replaced under the circumstances! Will try to contact their headquarters for what that will be worth. We spent a great deal of money for the washing machine and matching dryer. Perhaps someone can advise on with regard to this matter! M. **

Original review: April 22, 2020

I requested an exchange of product. The service person on the phone did NOT say there was a difference in price. I was charged over $300 without permission. I've spent 3 hours trying to mitigate the issue and my call was dropped twice, I was sent around the world, couldn't understand their representatives and will NEVER buy from SEARS.com again!

Original review: April 14, 2020

My refrigerator is only 2 years old. I bought the master protection plan and I have got nothing for it. My refrigerator has been dead now for 2 months and still it is not replaced. We are in the middle of the pandemic and I have no refrigerator and I keep getting the runaround.

Sears Company Information