1.0/5 (37 ratings)

About Sears

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: May 16, 2022

I ordered a microwave and oven combo appliance from them 10 months back. Its took so long for that to keep in stock (I assume due to supply chain issue). When it became available, they were not able to find an installer (even after charging me full amount at the time of order). After waiting for multiple weeks, we asked for our order to be converted to a delivery. Instead of working with us, they cancelled it without even informing us.

A refund was issued, but due to some mistake on their end, they charged back my credit card. It's been almost a month since that happened and I am still struggling to get my money back. Every time I contact them, they tell me that my issue has been escalated and I will have to wait for another 2-3 business days (this has already happened >7 times). I am really upset about the service they have provided to me. I am regretting the decision of ordering such a costly appliance from them. But I am happy I am not getting it from them anymore, as I am sure they will be as horrible in post sale service/warranty.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I would give it a 0 if I could. I had an appliance repair for my mother scheduled. They gave me incorrect information. One of the times I actually somehow got a person the guy said he'd expedite a review. I never got a response. I did one more time get a real person and she told me that the amount was written off and for me to write to searscares@searshc.com. I did with no response. I subsequently got another bill. I again wrote to searscares and to searsnschelp again with no response. I have tried calling corporate headquarters (routes into the same automated telephone system), customer support, tried chat, and to the company on the bill which also routes to an automated system. I have no way to resolve this. It has been going on since March 30.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Absolutely awful company. We have a 5 year warranty on our washing machine,that was purchased a few years ago. When we finally needed to use the warranty that we purchased the following happened: March 2. Came and diagnosed washer with oil leak underneath (washer still useable) March 13. Came with new part but realized he needed to take middle part out and could not get it out so told me he is going to order the middle part. (Washer still worked) March 22 came with middle part, broke out the middle piece and could not get bolt off. Then told me he was going to put in for a new washer (washer don't work now cause he busted out the middle piece). Called sears and they said they will send me a voucher for 50$ for laundromat!! (Never seen it to this day.) So called March 23 to see status and told me that I have to wait 48 hours to hear from them.

So the same day called the technician that was at my house. Sean was his name and he told me to call his office which I did 4124691966 and talk to Kiersten. She said she put the claim in right away. March 24-26 called sears and got told had to wait 3-7 days. Again waiting. March 28 called Kiersten and got told the claim is getting put in right now (which it was supposed to be put in on the 23). She said wait 3-7 days. Wait again?!!! AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, this warranty is not worth the money and the company as well. I ended up purchasing a brand new washing machine, because I have a family of 7 and needed to do laundry, from Lowe's. I would never recommend Sears, they do not live up to their word.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I purchased a hot water heater from Sears 3 yrs ago because I mistakenly thought they were reliable when it came to repairing their products. It started leaking small amounts of water so I called for a repair. 5 days for them to get someone to my home. In the meantime the leak is getting worse. On the day of repair no one showed up and no one called to tell me they weren't coming. Finally reached someone via chat who minimized the no show, attempted to placate me with an appointment for 2 more days and tried to avoid founding the amount of the repair I had already paid. Not to mention they never told me to turn the heater off so for 5 days the heater is burning up all the propane trying to heat a continuously filling heater. Thus costing me more money. This is not the sears I remember and I will definitely not be buying anything from them again.

Original review: March 21, 2022

UPDATED 03/23/2022: If you want to waste your time on hold for several hours then Sears is champion for moving you from department to department when each time you are put on hold for another hour despite assurances that you will be directly connected. Apart from struggling to understand the foreign customer support representatives I would rate Sears "NO STARS" if I could. Incompetent organization with no understand what Customer Support is meant to be - STAY AWAY FROM SEARS!! BTW I eventually gave up after two days trying to get them to undo their mistake and been on the phone on hold for a combined 8 hrs. YES 8 "EFN" hrs! In the end I cancelled and took a $ loss instead of going through the pain of another hold marathon with them.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Sears customer service is non existent and lacks any quality. Wait time on the phone is so long and they blame it on COVID!! No. Your service sucked well before COVID so nothing has changed there. OK the issue..... Sears instead of transferring our account from an older property to our current property set up a new account on the new property and left the account on the old property activated. We ended up paying 2x for a service call and they sent a technician to the older property, literally spent 3 hrs on day 1 then we are another 2 hrs to try to get Sears to correct their mistake. One they created but we are paying for. My advice stay clear of Sears home warranty or as a company they are useless!!

Original review: March 19, 2022

In 2010, we purchased an LG refrigerator from Sears--that was our first mistake. It has been nothing but trouble. The icemaker freezes up repeatedly. After the first time of needing repair, we purchased a Master Protection Agreement. While it always took a while to get a repair person for service, it would be fixed. 18 months ago, the compressor went out. While it took a while, the compressor was replaced.

A month ago, the icemaker stopped working. I called, a week later a repair person showed up. He sent about 3 minutes inside our home. I told him the icemaker wasn't working. Without opening the refrigerator, he told me it was the compressor. He then ordered parts and scheduled a repair appointment for 2 1/2 weeks later. He showed up replaced the compressor and left. 24 hours later, the icemaker was still not working and the freezer was barely keeping ice frozen. Called again, a week later the same guy came back, told me that he needed to order more parts, that sometimes in the process of repairing other parts stop working (doesn't make sense to me, but that is what he said). Another week to order parts and return. New guy shows up, he installs parts and says to my husband, "I don't think this is going to solve the problem. You should ask for a replacement." It didn't. Now it is not even keeping ice frozen.

I called and asked for a replacement. We have to have 4 "functional repairs" in one year. We have had 3. I was told they would send a repair person in a week--parts would be ordered--perhaps even parts we had already replaced and then when/if it didn't work we could start the replacement process which would take several weeks. I asked if it was acceptable with Sears for us to be without a refrigerator for 6 weeks and apparently it is. They will do nothing to work with you or expedite repairs. We purchased a new refrigerator yesterday. It will be delivered in 3 days. I will be canceling my repair appointment at the very last minute. And never dealing with Sears Home Services again.

Original review: March 13, 2022

The only phone number anyone answers is on the back of my credit card and they can’t help you with Sears.com problems. Maybe some people can reach Chat, but not me. Their website is a mess, too. No record of my purchase 3 weeks ago? Well, they certainly don’t have to give me any points that way. Just awful.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Sears Master Protection Agreement isn't what it use to be ... today, (February, 2022), I'll say it absolutely sucks! I've been a Sears girl since my mid-20's; I'm 67 years old. I have paid thousands of dollars for Sears Protection Plans over the years and may have requested service a handful of times. I needed Sears Services in mid-2021; took 6 months to resolve. I again needed Sears Services in the beginning of December, 2021 ... it is now February, 2022, still waiting.

I finally received a Cash Replacement Letter with instructions. Completed the Form and emailed it back several times, only to have it kicked-back as "No Response"; (the email address is on the form!). Try to get out of their Automated Services to a live person ... nearly impossible; and, once you do get someone, they transfer you to air which hangs-up. I am more than sorely disappointed in the downhill spiral of Sears Protection Agreements. My Master Protection Agreement comes due for renewal in March, 2022 ... no freaking way!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

I placed an order for an over-the-stove microwave and installation on October 22, 2021. At the time, I received a notification that I would be contacted within 2 business days to schedule the installation. Subsequently, I received a notification that there would be a delay, and that my order would be arriving after November 13. I contacted Sears Customer Service after Thanksgiving, having received no update, and was told that the product had not arrived at the warehouse, and was delayed. A subsequent call on December 13 gave me only the same declaration that it had not arrived at the warehouse. Calling on December 28th, I was told that it had arrived at the warehouse, and that I would be contacted within two business days to schedule delivery and installation.

On January 11, I again called, and was given the same bland assurance. On January 26, I called again, and this time was given an assurance that it would be delivered on February 4, and that I would be contacted regarding installation. On February 6, I once more called, and only by insisting that I either got a hard and fast delivery/install date from this call, or I would cancel the order, was I given a delivery date.

The Sears online order information page, once you enter your order information, has the "cancel this order" link greyed out, preventing you from canceling your order. The link under 'Help' on sears.com for 'Cancel an order' takes you to a page 'How to return or cancel an order'. That page has a link "Need to return or cancel an order? Here's how", which takes you to a page for the Sears return policy; this page has a link for "need to return or cancel an order instead?" that takes you back to the 'how to return or cancel an order' page, and at no time actually allows you to cancel an order.

The Sears customer service number is an automated menu tree that seems fixated on directing you to the Sears website for all actions related to an online order, including chatting to a customer agent -- an option that is nowhere available on the Sears website. Every time I have called the Sears customer service number, it has taken me at least four calls to break the menu tree enough to get directed to a human operator, rather than being directed to the Sears website and the call disconnected.

Sears used to be a highly reliable company delivering quick and competent service. With its bankruptcy, however, it has degraded hugely, and my recommendation is that, unless you happen to live where there is still a physical Sears store, and can make your purchase and walk out with it, that you avoid Sears completely. The company has made it nearly impossible to get any sort of resolution out of their customer service, both online and via phone, and if I could give them a negative number of stars, I would.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Paid the extra money for a Sears Kenmore water heater with 12 year warranty. Water heater quit working after only 7 years. Certified appliance repairman tested and found thermostat defective. He and I both called Sears Warranty Department for warrantied replacement thermostat. They said replacement would only be issued if I paid $99 for a sears repairman to first "diagnose" the same problem and then give an estimate to have a "Sears" repairman make another service call and the labor totally at my expense. The warranty doesn't mention anywhere that a Sears repairman has to make two service calls for the warranty to be utilized or that only parts and not labor are covered nor was any of that disclosed at time of purchase.

Certified Repairman doing the work offered to send the defective thermostat in for testing and confirmation before Sears would have to send the replacement but they didn't care. Total SCAM that they pretend to offer coverage then require consumer to spend several hundred dollars for repairman to get a part that costs a third of the labor. Not even a Sears store within 60 miles to provide reasonable service because they have all closed and it is easy to see why. Hope the whole company with their cheating policy goes all the way bankrupt and good riddance. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS!

Sears Company Information