1.04/5
Based on 608 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 23, 2018

5491 Sears Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was told false information by a representative. I called MULTIPLE times, having to explain the same situation about 6 or more times. I was even told by an account manager that they'd review the phone call where I was told the interest charge would be dropped & I'd be able to continue my payments, she lied because the NEXT representative said they couldn't do that. Do y'all work for the same company? Keep same records? Sears made a mistake and now guess who gets to pay $558 in just 5 days? SEARS DOESN'T CARE. They lie, manipulate, and clearly don't listen. All they want is MONEY. I'll NEVER shop here again and I'll make sure everyone I know is aware of this. My mom is a loyal shopper but after this she will also never shop here again.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I’m so fed up with Sears I could just scream!! I bought top of the line kitchen appliances. 6 months my microwave break. 5 days in and my fridge leaks. Customer service is overseas... are you kidding me. They have no idea how to help. When I got a service repair person to actually show up he could only work on my microwave. He was quick to tell me how poor his company is. He was actually more frustrated than I was. There is absolutely no one that I can reach in the US that can actually help me and care about the lack of service and broken promises. I think my only recourse is to go to the store and deal with the people who sold me the product. How sad is that!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Contacted Sears Solution on 5/14/2018 regarding parts ordered by a Sears Technician on 5/1/2018 for my outdoor grill. The technician stated I should be receiving my parts in about one week. Person claiming to be a Case Solution Manager located in the Philippines, stated that the parts are on back order and has no idea when they will become available. Mind you, I never received an email or phone call regarding back ordered parts. The Case Solution Manager also stated if my parts are not received within 21 days, Sears will offer a voucher for a new grill since it is still under manufacturer's warranty. He said rest assure everything will be taken care off. So I called back on 5/21/2018 since it has been 21 days. I spoke to a different case manager located in the Philippines who told me to call back on 5/22/2018 to speak to a supervisor.

Okay, so I then call back on 5/22/2018 and spoke to a third case manager located in the Philippines who stated that I was misinformed and has to wait 30 days instead of 21 days. At which point I asked to speak to a supervisor. The case manager took my phone number and stated that a supervisor will be calling me back within 2 hours. Well that 2 hours never came. I called Sears back again and explained that I was expecting a supervisor to call me. She stated that, "We are all case managers here and there are no supervisors." So actually I don’t know which case manager told me the correct information. It seem to me that they all lack knowledge of their Warranty process.

I am so disappointed in Sears Services. Bottom line is I don’t care for a new grill, I am fine with the parts. But the handling of the entire process was very, very poor on Sears' part. I will be canceling my Home Warranty Protection plan with Sears. And furthermore I will not be purchasing any products from Sears again. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: May 21, 2018

Called SEARS MPA DEPT. in for repair serviced for the 12 inch band saw. Since April 23, 2018, Tech called me a motor has been diagnostic as the problem and the motor part will be sent to me in several days. NO MOTOR has arrived and it's April 21, 2018. Sears Parts online for the 12 inch band saw cannot be found and unable to find it from vendor & eBay. No one knows has to fix the problem, all entry level personnel. 5 times repeating my story, 2 times under review, NOW at the thirty day mark. Left a message on Mr Lampert Corporate office today 5-21-18 and left my name & phone number. Let see what happens. I have been a SEARS customer for 30 years???

Original review: May 21, 2018

My fridge was working perfectly well. I called Sears to change the filter. I paid for the service and the filter. The Sears rep came and changed the filter. About two hours after he left, I noticed water on my kitchen floor. It was the freezer thawing. Both fridge and freezer have stopped working. Now Sears is telling me that I have to pay for diagnosis. In fact the fridge has never broken down since we had it. Why should I pay for diagnosis when the freezer was working fine before the Sears rep came. Sears repairs is a big scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: May 21, 2018

Sears warranty company is a joke! DO NOT purchase from them, it's a rip off! BUYER BEWARE!!! February of 2017 we purchased a Samsung washer and dryer from Sears. About a month and a half ago (March 2018) the washer started acting strange. It wouldn't spin after draining. If you restart the drain and spin it would fill back up, maybe drain and maybe spin. Usually we could get it to work after doing this a few times. We call Sears and they offer their extended warranty. This was our only option according to their highly trained SALES guy.

He said we were outside the 1 year warranty from Samsung. He failed to mention that the 1 year was just the parts and labor warranty which covers more like outside damage, lid, electronic panel etc. So our ONLY option is to purchase their extended warranty BUT it would cover every appliance in our house even if the appliance wasn't purchased through Sears. $50 a month and you only have to pay a deductible if something were to break. Great! We sign up.

They then say it will take 10 days to get a repairman to come out. In the meantime we unplug it and see if it would reset. It starts working again so we cancel the appointment. 3 and a half weeks ago it starts again but this time it's worse. It won't even wash. Call Sears... And again 10 days for someone to come out. Of course that's not going to work with 6 people living here which we explained and they gave us one of their local repair shops info.

Called the local repair and they had a guy out in a few days. One of the inside components is broken and has to be ordered from Sears. Sears said it would take 5 business days pass, no part. Called Sears warranty and it hadn't even been put in their system to order. It finally came in on Friday, 8 business days after it was initially ordered from our local shop. The repair guy came this morning. Opened the box and the part is broken. It's going to be another 7 to 10 business days for the new part to come in and the local repair shop said they are really surprised that Sears even sent a new part that they usually send a remanufactured or off brand part.

The bigger issue is paying $50 a month for their services and not receiving good if any service at all. Once this is cleared up we will cancel their warranty and NEVER purchase another thing not even a sock from Sears!??? I also called Samsung this morning to inquire about their warranty and there is a 3 year warranty on stainless part 2 whatever that is, and a 10 year on the motor and major internal components. I feel Sears not only misrepresented their service but they misrepresented Samsung as well.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Our washing machine broke down and it took more than two weeks to have it fixed. The dryer broke down shortly thereafter and they were unable to fix in a reasonable amount of time so we purchased a new dryer with our own money. Our refrigerator stopped working a few months after that and they could not fix it because the serial number was not legible and could not order parts and they wasted time setting appointments with technicians who supposedly could fix it but at the end of the day were unable to. Sears would also not replace the fridge because the problem was due to the serial number issue. In all of this, I spent countless hours on the phone and mostly waiting and on hold. I strongly suggest you do not waste your time and money in a Sears Home Warranty.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I called Sears parts department to order a battery for my lawn mower on May 15th or 16th, was that the battery would arrive on May 19th, which it did. I put the battery in my lawn mower only to find it dry, I filled it with distilled water, and then charged it all day. When I tried to start the mower, it wouldn't start. At this point in time I found the battery to be without acid in it. I called the parts department again, I don't remember the name of the person that I spoke with, only to find out that I had been sold the wrong part. He explained that he would send a new battery to your service center 18 miles from my house. When I asked if there was another way, he offered to charge me for the second battery, to which would be attached another shipping fee. I agreed since this was the easiest way to replace the battery that was wrong in the first place.

I asked why I couldn't pay for the difference, he said that he had to charge me for the new battery, but that I would receive a refund for the original amount, when I returned the original, non-working battery by UPS. He offered to send a return label by mail or email, since I was told that a refund could not be issued until the original battery was received by Sears, I chose to have a label emailed, since it would take 5 to 7 days to receive a label by mail. This is not my first bad experience with this, I have ordered blades for my lawn mower that are supposed to be pre-sharpened and they always send the blades unsharpened. This is my 3rd bad experience in less than a year. It is no wonder that Sears is closing stores. I don't have a receipt, due to the fact, the original and the second battery were purchased by a phone call and paid by debit card.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Customer Service at a corporate level is a joke with this company. Apparently they don't really want my business. No worries there, I will not ever spend money at this company again. I've spent weeks contacting them to get the issue resolved to be told, "Sorry we can't help you." No wonder the company is failing.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The AC has been out in my home for over three weeks, and the repair company (Freeman Heat & Air Duct Cleaning) they sent to repair it came out on 5/7 to “fix it.” AC went out right after they left that day. I called to get them back out, and had to wait a week for them to come out again. They came back on 5/14 and the same thing happened as it did the week before! I called back the same day, and Sears issued a recall claim. I also called the folks at Freeman, and they won’t answer the phone or return my calls! I called Sears again on Wednesday, 5/16 and Friday, 5/18 to escalate to a manager, and they gave me a BS story about placing me in a “queue” for a callback from a manager. And guess what? No one has called me back from Sears, nor from Freeman.

Meanwhile, the temperature in my home is at least 86 degrees each day when my son and I get in for the day. I also pay for an additional policy to cover the condo I own. I regret ever signing up for their services. This has been one of the worst customer service experiences I’ve ever had. I will most definitely start looking for another warranty company for both my homes if Sears does not make this right soon.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Went to Sears in Omaha NE at Oakview Mall. I went with my mother and kids just to get shoes. We got them fast since doors shut "right at 8 pm." At the time I was paying didn't know the manager shut the gates with no heart seeing us pay. I told the cashier she shouldn't treat customers that way so the cashier said, "Go upstairs by tools and get out that way. Gates should be open since I had parked by JCP." The "manager" Lorine or Elane said, "Go to the side door." We both rebuttal and I told her I will put a complaint to her CEO. She laugh and said, "How?" If I didn't get out she was going to call 911.

I told her I was going to call the news. She laughed and walk away so a co worker of hers Brain got close and ask what happen. I explain to him she saw us paying why she shut the gates. She was, "Well we close at 8pm." Shut me down. I told him I will put a complain and said, "Knock yourself out," with no care in the world. I felt discriminated. I am angry and upset because people shouldn't be treated that way in no shape or form. I left because I had no choice. Plus I had my kids and didn't see the need for them to see people treat me that way nor I act a way I will regret.

Original review: May 17, 2018

It is with great disappointment that I wrote this review. I signed up for Sears Home Warranty on 5/13/18 because I needed repairs on my refrigerator. A service call appointment was made on 5/14/18 between the hours of 1pm- 5pm. I had my mother stayed home to allow the technician access to the house since I would be at work. The technician came and I was able to speak to him on the phone about what needed to be done. The refrigerator water dispenser was not working and the bucket ice dispenser. The technician told me he could not fix the bucket because according to the contract, the contract only covers areas that are considered "functional" and he was not going to fix it.

On the phone, I insisted that the bucket that was not dispensing ice needed to be fixed in addition to the water dispenser. To my amazement, he started cursing on the phone, gave the phone back to my mother and left the house. I got home thinking the problem was fixed. I called to inquire why the repairs were not done. Again, another surprise, the customer service that I called to inquire told me that the technician report he could not fix the refrigerator because there was no serial and model number. I asked to speak to the supervisor at around 8:49 or thereabouts, he was not listening to what I had to say, he kept saying there was nothing he could so since the technician reported there was no serial and model number.

Well, I have both the serial and model number: 012MRCJ07147. Model # 795.51319.012. I requested to my money refund my account fully for default. Again, Sears amazed me. They not only charge me for the initial fee but also for canceling the warranty. Please, people should not sign up for no warranty with sears, they are fraudulent. I wrote a complaint and till date no response.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Had a bad burner in our Kenmore water heater, still under warranty. Service was contacted, $79 was quoted for tech to come out. No cost for part which took 15 minutes to install. I was charged $222.50 for all kinds of BS which still can't be explained. The charge is being disputed to my Master Card. NEVER again will I buy a Kenmore product or use the lousy Sear "service". Kenmore and Sears are sad shadows of their former selves.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Almost a year ago, we had a guy come out for air conditioning issues. This AC was bought from and INSTALLED by Sears. The guy saw our remodeling work and new appliances and suggested a "total home warranty" through Sears. In good faith we purchased it for monthly installments through my Sears credit. We've had this kind of "repair warranty" service though Sears before and it came in handy so why not again. Now yesterday I called for the AC/Central Air. KID YOU NOT... In the course of the "service rep" explaining the process... She said, "a service rep will come out, assess your problem and submit a claim to the claims department, whose job it is to DENY your claim..." Freudian SLIP MUCH? You can tell she caught herself because she hesitantly and slowly followed through with... "Ooor approve it." She goes on to say then they have to go through and find the parts and blah blah blah.

It used to be, you call Sears, they send some guys out, they diagnose, fix the problem, it's either covered under warranty or you pay them and the work is guaranteed for X amount of days/months... The service rep frustrated me. I know customer service and in instances where one would expect her to be accommodating, all I kept hearing was "no, no, no, no..." I'm like, "All I want to hear is, Yes, we can send someone out, Yes he can fix the problem, Yes it will be covered under your warranty... Can you do that?"

The Service Rep goes, "No I'm trying to explain it to you so that you understand, we don't know if you live in a rural area, we don't know if we'll have the parts you need, we don't know if your claim will be approved..." I'm like, "So should I just call out a repair guy, have him fix the issue and then get reimbursed through the warranty?" Service Rep, "NO, if you go out on your own we will NOT reimburse you, if you stick with us we CANNOT guarantee, when or if your claim will even be approved..." I gave up. Concluded the call.

Had my Mom call back, because maybe it's me. Maybe I'm being impatient. All I heard was: "This will be a long convoluted process that may take days or even weeks to even process, because we have all kinds of RED tape set up to prolong this process, and once our claims department gets around to the process, their first priority is to find the loophole that will allow them to DENY your claim, which will likely be a long process. And if they don't deny the claim, we are going to pretend that we can't find the parts, to the KENMORE appliance that you bought from us and WE installed. Meanwhile we will continue to collect from you 69.99 a month. OH and btw, there will be a $100 deductible in order for us to start the convoluted circle the drain process."

My mom called, they were also trying to be DISCOURAGING to her! But she's a lot more wise to game than me. So she placated them with patience. Got a number to a place called NPM from the Service Rep to come out and assess their system. NPM called back the next day and said they couldn't get to us for 2 weeks and suggested calling Sears back, because they should recommend someone who can come sooner. BAck on the phone with Sears, now the Service Rep can't even find our policy number, so we gave her the CONTRACT NUMBER. Got the info of ANOTHER repair co. Who haven't called us back. I will regularly update through this process. I'm can afford a repairman. But here I am trying to utilize a warranty that I've been paying for that, get this, expires in July 2018. Given the other stories, I have confirmation that Sears is full of it and I will NOT recommend them and will warn EVERYBODY I know against them.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Sears sent out a technician who looked at my unit for 5 minutes to inform me he could not repair the issue because of a relay on my circuit board and informed me my issue was an electric issue. However after having another company to come out, it turned out to just be my thermostat. Once that was replaced my AC was up and running fine. I basically paid $69.99 for a tech to come out for 5 minutes just to tell me he could not fix my issue.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Six weeks ago my freezer went out on my French door refrigerator (not purchased from Sears). It was still under warranty, but Samsung didn't have a tech in my town. I contacted Sears and scheduled an appointment for a 1 1/2 weeks later. The day before we got a confirmation call saying they would be here between 8 am-5 pm the next day. At 3:30 pm the following day, they called to say the tech was sick and rescheduled for a week later. The tech arrives on schedule, performs a diagnostic test and tells me all the parts will be covered under warranty but he doesn't have them on his truck.

I paid him for doing the diagnostic and he tells me it will be approximately another $258.00 labor charges when he fixes it. Samsung shipped the parts to my house free of charge, but the tech was "too busy" to do the work for another 2 weeks. When he finally shows up to" fix" it, he charges me $503.00 and tells me not to put food in it for 24 hrs??? It never even got cold. I called to complain, and they scheduled a tech for another week later, but they never showed up! I would NOT recommend them to anyone!

Original review: May 9, 2018

They have no problems taking your money... that process works great. First claim, sent contractor... contractor gave them an assessment, they denied the cost and made me find someone else after lying to me that they were just "looking for a part." I found out from the contractor that they denied him doing the work even though I paid my deductible to him. So then Sears lied to me saying they were having a new contractor come out... no one showed up. I call that contractor, they laughed and said no one scheduled them and they were over 50 miles away.

So at this point I would have to keep finding contractors myself and hoping their cost would be approved by Sears... After 5 weeks without heat and air I cancelled Sears (they are sending me a bill, lol) and I got the problem fixed myself. DO NOT GET THIS HOME WARRANTY... THEY WILL JACK YOU AROUND SO THAT it is so difficult to get anything done so as to dissuade you from wanting make claims. So my very first and only claim with this home warranty was a miserable experience, I was lied to several times, put on hold for long duration's and received some of the WORST customer service I have EVER experienced.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have a service contract with Sears Home Warranty. Called in a not working washing machine. Came out and replaced suspension rods which were not the problem... Not working so I called again... after four calls with an appointment time and date given not one showed up... The fifth call one man did show up. He told me what needed to be done. Transmission was locked up. The service department said I had to pay more money for this repair. I had already paid $75.00 to get to the transmission. Several parts must be broken to get the transmission out.

Sears deceptively tried to charge me for parts that were not even broke but must be removed to access the transmission. Then when I confronted the hostile service department they did not want to bear the cost and said they would replace the whole machine. Next problem is that it took four (4) weeks to deliver a machine to my house. I do not want this kind of service EVER AGAIN. Tried to cancel and they would not cancel and required me to continue paying them for the next YEAR. Rudely they reminded me that THEY just gave me a New machine. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS. VERY POOR SERVICE!

Original review: May 9, 2018

This past Sunday I signed up for ShopYourWay.com, which is affiliated with Sears and Sears Card. I transferred my reward points from my Sears Card, ThankYou points, to my ShopYourWay account. ShopYourWay will not verify my email address, let me use my points or even see my member number. Tonight, Tuesday May 8, I was bounced around to at least 5 separate account reps who placed me on hold, all unintelligible and not one could help me. In fact one told me my points would be expiring even when I informed her I could not have access to use them. They only told me there are tech difficulties. I do not see help in site but I do see cancelling all my accounts with Sears.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I purchased a complete Kitchenaid kitchen 2 years ago from Sears and fortunately - or not - I bought the 5 year protection plan. We have had 9 repairs on the icemaker in two years. Last Thursday the repair guy came out and replaced a board. Still not making ice on Sunday so I called and got an appointment for today. This morning I get a call from another tech to ask me if the order was correct because it said my microwave was not making ice - REALLY. I told him it was obviously the fridge and he said "well I don't do fridges". No kidding. I called Sears and got a rep who spoke terrible English. I couldn't understand her. I had to explain the problem to several different people before I asked for a supervisor. Now my appointment is for tomorrow. The tech will probably want to fix my dishwasher because it's not heating food. I'll keep you posted. To add insult to injury, they tried to sell me their whole home warranty. I don't think so.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My AC has been broken since March 29, 2018 and it has not been repaired as of yet. It's going on two months now and the temperature is in the 80's and 90's and I have a sick brother here that has had two strokes and I am a senior citizen too. The wrong part was ordered so the service provider had to try and locate the right part but after searching for the right part he said it no longer exist. I'm just finding this out on May 4, 2018 after calling the service provider myself. I called Sears back and they pretend not to know anything about that. I'm hot, I'm mad and I'm frustrated.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I have a service agreement with Sears for my Sony TV. I had call Sears service department as my TV wouldn't come back on. They schedule repair service for first week of April. Tech comes out and informs me that it must be the lamp which he ordered and I should receive it on 4/12. Didn't receive lamp on 4/12 so called service to check where lamp was and was informed that lamp was out of stock and wouldn't know when it would be back in stock. Finally they found another supplier who has lamp and I should receive lamp on 4/19 and my new service appointment would be on 4/24 and a technician would be at home between 8am-5pm. Tech comes out replaces lamp and he is having the same issue with the TV not coming on.

He has to call supervisor of this issue and comes to find out it's not the lamp but it's a bad switch and they have to order it, which technician ordered 2 new ones. I received call from repairs on 4/28 and they scheduled me for service on 4/30. Technician comes and replaces switch and TV still not working and that he needs to have another tech to come out to see if they could replace 2nd switch as he couldn't get to where it was located and technician didn't want to damage TV. My new appointment for this new tech to come out would be 5/2.

On 5/1 getting numerous calls from repair that I needed to reschedule my appointment as parts had to be ordered which I informed them there's no need for parts to be ordered. Only waiting for another technician to come out to insert the 2nd switch. I called technician to find out what was going on. He said he would call his routing supervisor to find out because he didn't order any parts, few minutes later technician calls and informs me that he would still be out with another technician on 5/2. Later received call from repairs letting me know he couldn't come out as original tech had switch with him but he would be out on 5/3.

On 5/3 getting numerous calls from repair stating I needed to call to reschedule my appointment, at this point I'm so frustrated with getting a run around with repairs telling me that there was no available tech or more parts have to be ordered. I call and ask to speak with a supervisor and that I wanted to cancel my service agreements and that I wanted a refund back since I paid for an extended warranty till 2019 and that all this trouble having my TV fixed. She said she was sorry for all the trouble that I was having and she talked me into giving them another chance. She informed me of my new service appointment would be on 5/11. Lo and behold I received numerous calls from repairs on 5/5 to call them to reschedule my appointment. I'm done with Sears and their service department.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Sears checkout is awful. Surprise and FREE CASH Points often do not figure into the total at checkout. Also, the price increase many times and CHAT is helpless just like their contact numbers. Plus it take forever to get missing points and sometimes you never get them especially on return items. I have had 2 pickup orders cancelled without getting an email that they were ready.

Original review: May 5, 2018

So my dryer went out and needed a control board. Found it on Sears Parts Direct for $166 and ordered it on Friday. Paid for 3 day shipping. On Tuesday called to see where it was since I was not provided a tracking number. Keep in mind every person I have spoke to is overseas. Sears does not have anyone in the states you can speak to according to them and the resource online I've done. So on Tuesday I was told it was out for delivery and would arrive today. So on Wednesday I called back to find out where it was. Was told there was a issue with the supplier and it would take 3 days just to find out when it would shipped.

I requested right then to cancel the order which I was told it was canceled and would receive a refund in 2 days. Now it's 9 days later no refund. When I call I'm told, "It's processing." This is a bunch of crap. It doesn't take 9 days and counting. Oh and every time I call they have my phone number and email incorrect no matter how many times I give it to them. I want my money now! Why can't I talk to someone in the states??? Sears get your act together. You have list me as a customer.

Original review: May 4, 2018

In February 2013 I purchased a complete heat pump system from Sears Kenmore brand (not a real manufacturer; just a brand name) which was the FVM4X “B” Series. Since then, I have had three leaks - two relating to the condensation drain pipe and one relating to the cooling coils. The handler's fan also burned out and the primary circuit board also shorted out and needed to be replaced. The two condensation leaks caused water damage inside my home that I had to get repaired, costing me close to a thousand dollars (because of the insurance deductible).

In addition, the Sears service technicians are hit and miss as to their expertise. For example, one technician was convinced that the coolant pipe leak was occurring in the copper pipe that runs between the handler and the heat pump, not in the air handler's coils. The copper pipes, of course, would not be covered by Sears warranty. Fortunately I contacted another repair service that stated the leak likely was not coming from the copper pipes but that I should insist Sears run a second compression test. When another Sears technician came out he ran that test and identified the leak - in the air handler's coil unit - and replaced it. I am currently seeing if Sears will reimburse me for my repair expenses and/or would be willing to replace this unit with another unit. Even though it is not new, it is also not that old and the issues described above occurred within 3 years of installation.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My refrigerator start running for a minute and stopped and it happened March 15, 2018. I knew the problem something to with control board so I called Sears for repair. Somehow the person I talked to convince me to buy the warranty so I did for $49 a month. I said oh that’s great so first tech came to see what’s the problem and refrigerator still working but keep stopping almost every minute on and off. So I told the tech the problem with control board. He agreed and he ordered the replacement part. He said it be here next week. Ok. I received the parts but was wrong part so the tech saw it. "Ops wrong part." He order it again for following week. I received the but still wrong again. It doesn’t fit my refrigerator.

The tech order it Again for fifth time and there were 3 tech trying to repair my refrigerator with wrong control board. They couldn’t do it so they ordered another part. When I received it the wrong one again after a month and the refrigerator stopped completely. I lost all my food and I kept calling and complaining. I didn’t get nowhere so I decided to cancel my warranty and Sears service then I fix it by my self by sending the control board to Circuit Board Medics. Excellent service and repair for $99 plus FedEx shipping And now refrigerator works better than before. Thanks to Circuit Board Medics. Never ever call Sears for repair.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We purchased a refrigerator from a Sears Outlet store. We paid $89 for delivery and $25 for pickup. First the delivery was over 2 hrs late and we had to convince the delivery person to deliver that day as he was having problems in finding us. When he finally arrive he had problems in getting the loading ramp down started to drive with the refrigerator at the back of the truck. It started to bounce around and almost fell off the truck. They did not level the refrigerator nor was there a manual. I called the store, told them about the problems and they were unresponsive, they said it was delivered so their obligation was complete. I will never buy from Sears and you can see why they are failing, they just don't care.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We live in the country and after many problems with our brand new Craftsman lawn tractor, we foolishly signed up for the Sears whole house warranty. Sears was eager to sell us the policy. I even pointed out that many of the appliances were over ten years old - no problem. About three or four months later I discovered that the hot water heater in the attic was leaking. At that point it had not leaked over the pan, but it was clearly an emergency. I called Sears and was told that their plumber would call me within 24 hours. Two days later, I had received no call from a plumber. Three days later I was screaming at the person on the phone saying this is an emergency, I am about to have water leaking through the ceiling.

The woman finally said I could hire a plumber and get reimbursed. So I did hire one of the few plumbers in our town. The repair was made after he spent over an hour on the phone trying to get authorization. He told me never to call him again if I was going to use that warranty. Bottom line, it took over two months to get any money out of "Sears". Sears subs the whole thing out and in the end, I was shortchanged $242 of the total amount due to me after the deductible.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My microwave stopped heating, so I contacted Sears and ended up buying a one-year warranty plan for all my appliances (about $800). Sears came to fix my microwave, but couldn't (said they needed parts). So that was one day of work I missed. On the second visit, Sears called the day of the appointment and said "we can't make it," so I missed more work. On the 3rd visit, 2 guys spent about 4 hours disassembling my microwave and putting it back together... but couldn't fix it. Need more parts. Another day of work.

On the 4th visit, they got it working... for the most part. Sometimes it will run but it won't heat. Furthermore, I cannot open or close the cabinet below the microwave because a piece of molding (that surrounds the microwave) is hanging a fraction of an inch too low. We didn't notice this when the "mechanic" was here. Ironically, I recently told a friend this story. At the mention of Sears Home Warranty (before I even started telling the story), she started laughing and said, "I know where this is going." Turns out, she had a worthless home warranty plan like me that not only cost too much money but also required missed hours at work.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Called Sears Home Services after my mother's 2 yr. old Kenmore dryer started making a clunking sound. Was told I'd have to wait a week so I called the vendor I bought an entire kitchen full of appliances from last year to ask who they used, and made an appointment with that company for 3 days out. Then I called Sears back and told them to cancel the original appointment. The lady on the phone immediately offered me a "special" deal that would have the repair tech sent to my mother's house the very next day, and she sent me an email with a coupon good for 25% off whatever the total bill would end up being. I accepted but did not cancel the appointment with the rival repair company just in case. That company offered no discounts but did say the call-out charge of $89 (same as Sears) would be applied toward whatever the final bill turned out to be.

I was told the repair tech would be at my mother's house the next day between 1 - 5, which seemed like a fairly long spread. But since she's elderly and lives alone I changed my plans and spent the afternoon at her house. At 4:30 she got a call from the scheduler saying the tech would be there around 5, giving his location and the location he was visiting next, which was quite close to my mother's house. I asked that he call as soon as he was done and ready to head to my mother's. She also said he'd be working until 7 that night just to make sure everyone was taken care of.

And that's the last we ever heard from Sears on that day. No calls, no repair tech, no nothing. I wasted my time waiting around until 7:30 in case the tech was running late. The next morning Sears called my mother to offer her no explanation or apology and to schedule an appointment for 12 days out. No mention of "next day" or a discount coupon in an email. To me this is bait-and-switch. Not to mention that no appliance should be in need of repair after just 24 months.

The repair tech from the second company called ahead, showed up on time, took the dryer completely apart, and found only poor quality workmanship to explain the banging sound, which he fixed by degreasing the outside of the tub where someone had left grease under a belt, filing down some bad seam edges on the outside of the tub, and lubing the wheels. He stayed while we tested it with a light load and a heavy load, made sure my mother had his phone number before leaving, and charged $109, $89 of which was the call-out fee.

Sears deserves to go bankrupt. Sorry for the employees who lose their jobs but Sears slashed senior employees across the board back in the early 1990s just to save money and make up for their poor corporate decisions, and clearly learned nothing from the havoc they wreaked on people's lives at the time. So good riddance.

Sears Company Information