1.04/5

5693 Sears Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

If it were possible to give negative stars, I would. I ordered a new front door from Sears in 4/21/18 & was told it would be 6-8 weeks before it could be installed. Okay, not a problem. 8 weeks come & go. Silence. After multiple failed attempts to contact the coordinator, I was then informed by the guy that sold the door to me that the door had in fact been lost! The coordinator then finally called me back while laughing (probably because it isn't her money that was spent on the door) to inform me that the door was lost.

A week goes by before the door is even found! The installer came out and was able to install most of the door... I say most because there is a gap between my doors and the walls and the door and the floor... So I was told that they would have to order the remaining parts and would be back out at the beginning of August to finish it. Nothing has been done since & I'm still fighting with Sears to get it done. I received a call from them last week letting me know that they received the other parts and would be out to finish it this week... But do you think I've heard from them??? Of course not!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Ordered items online and provided updated shipping address, which was confirmed but when summary of order received items to be shipped to old address. Immediately called Sears to update order and disconnected. Called right back and was read back correct address and told information would be updated. Received email stating items still going to old address. Told the email was incorrect and would be rerouted by Sears. Just received chat too late to reroute order. Called and told informed this earlier, which was never the case or I would have canceled order. Terrible customer service. I'll NEVER shop Sears again.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I buy at Sears one Elliptical 10.9 model 23909. The day I put together I see different Elliptical. I see model 23909.3 for my surprise say 10.9 and small worlds says different thing. I try see web (internet) in Elliptical and I confirm not the one I buy. I try fixed and I look online Sears questions (reviews) and see Jan 2018, 2 other people have the same problem buy one model. Model have online and Sears DELIVERY different model. I try talk with Sears and Sears be very rude and in stores same thing joking in my face, and no try doing no nothing. I want know why Sears try play with us customers. Descriptions and pictures is fake Sears site. I see in store right one the one I buy. Why have 2 Elliptical same name but different model and site no say? Why have fake information and publicity?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

In summary when I called customer service about the refrigerator #1 being broken NOT working they send technician to tell me what I already know and told them then he comes and charged me $107. Techs are not ready. I called because it was cheaper to buy another one but BIG MISTAKE to buy at Sears within 1 year. Exactly the fridge stopped working went through the same hustle...they tried to robbed??? me again. But do it once Shame on you, do it twice shame on me??? BE AWARE THAT BS OF SENDING THE TECH TO YOUR HOUSE JUST TO GET MONEY FROM YOU...that’s their way to scam you. I will never buy from them. Will tell everyone to watch out for them??? Sear = scams???

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have a warranty agreement with Sears Home warranty since 12/16/2017. In August of 2018, I called Sears to report that air condition unit was not cooling. A Sears Tech came after few days. He did not tell me what was wrong with the unit. I called the claims dept. two days after, and was told by an associate that my claim was denied because the tech reported that there was rust and corrosion on my unit and also due to lack of maintenance. She suggested that I hire an independent contractor to diagnose the problem and send them the report. I hired a service contractor who reported that there was no rust or corrosion and that the reason for unit not cooling is that the condenser coil is leaking which is due to wear and tear. I submitted the report and my maintenance records to Sears. They replied they will respond to me in three weeks.

Mind you, I live in Texas with temperature range from 98-105 degrees of intense hot climate and humidity. I waited two weeks and called the claims dept. I spoke to a supervisor who told me that my claim was denied. When I asked if they review the reports I sent to them, she said yes but "we will go with report submitted by our tech". When I asked the reason for the denial, she stated that my unit has rust and corrosion and is not covered under my warranty agreement. when I pointed it out to her that the warranty agreement states that if there was no mechanical failure such as rust and corrosion before the warranty agreement, Sears was obligated to fix all items under the agreement. She said "well, I still denial the claim." I have decided to pursue other remedies through my State attorney general, BBB and possible hire a lawyer. Any advice?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have been misled twice by Sears and delivery. I have been trying to get a delivery time which they call the night before to set the time so no plans can be made till after. Super inconvenient. Not sure why a delivery time is so hard. Plus I was mislead about delivery date already and was on hold with delivery for about 45-60 min. I will never order from Sears again and seriously considering cancelling our order and going elsewhere. I totally understand why Sears' stock is at an all time low. It would be nice if Sears put customer service at the top of their list.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I am so dissatisfied with the services provided by Sears Home Warranty. I never post reviews, but I had to make buyers aware of the scam. I purchased the warranty and after 3 months today I cancelled. The reason is after paying a 100.00 deductible for my repair the plumber comes out and tells me the repair cost is going to be $200.00 for labor not including parts for my roman tub faucet and the damaged walls. Sears Home Warranty sends out a check from Cross Country in the amount of $130.00. Seriously!! This is absurd. After going back and forth with different departments no one was willing to help. Buyer Beware!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Buyer beware!! Purchased a beautiful Kenmore Elite counter-depth refrigerator (made by LG) Aug 2016. After owning it for 2 years, the compressor broke. Called for service thinking I would get help immediately. No! The appointment for the diagnostic visit was for 13 days later. I called several more times to try to move that appointment up. No! It was difficult for me to find a trusted location to rent a refrigerator, but I did find one. The repair guy came, diagnosed the problem, and parts were then ordered. The repair was complete 3 days later. I discovered after the fact that the fridge rental was not covered under my master service agreement, so I was not reimbursed the $100 for that! Because of their slow response time, SEARS should supply a temporary refrigerator. Sadly, the story is not over yet...

1 month later the refrigerator wasn't working AGAIN!!! I tried to get the repair people here before I left on a 1 week vacation. No! In the end, my refrigerator was repaired 1 month after I made the initial call! I am very disappointed in SEARS and in this awful, disappointing product. Believe it or not, the agreement says that for a replacement to be made, the fridge has to get serious service 4 times in ONE year!! I am praying I don't have to go through this again.

In addition, the repairmen that came, all have said that they are replacing so many compressors on these refrigerators... the only way SEARS will fix this problem is if it costs them more to repair them than to get a better product to sell. We purchased the master service agreement with covers 3 years of repairs... I don't know what the going rate for other-than-Sears repairs is these days, but the receipt for my two repairs was $1200! I expect my refrigerator to work for 25 years without any repairs. I am sorely disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

After reading most of these reviews about the appliance home protection warranty from Sears, I wish I read them before I purchased a washing machine. As everyone else, I am still waiting for Sears to stand by their agreement and fix this machine. I have been waiting a month and they keep giving me the runaround. It has been completely absurd. Sears is a good store that has been around so long, but I think after this shamble they are running they need to go out of business! Absolutely horrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Our large 1 1/2-year-old Kenmore refrigerator failed on August 12, 2018. I placed a called to Sears Service. We have a 5 year service agreement. They said they couldn't have anybody here until August 18, 2018. Not having any other immediate options, we accepted the appointment for August 18, 2018. The service technician came and concluded that we needed a new control board and a new fan for the freezer part of the refrigerator. He could not return until the parts were delivered, so an appointment was scheduled for August 30, 2018. The parts finally arrived and the service technician came to install them. The control board installation went as planned, but the fan was the wrong one.

In any case, it appeared that the refrigerator was again working. The service technician told us that it should cool down within a couple hours. After three hours, it was not cooling. It was not fixed. I immediately called Sears Service and told them that the fix didn't work and they told me they would the service technician return either that afternoon or the next morning. The service technician did not return that day. I received an email telling me they would be here on August 31, 2018, the next day. On August 31, 2018 I received another email telling me that the appointment was canceled. I called Sears Service and was told that the scheduled service technician thought it was a duplicate and canceled it.

They made another appointment for September 1, 2018. The service technician arrived and checked the failed refrigerator out more thoroughly this time. The real problem was the compressor fan had failed and had ruined the new control board. The serviced technician placed an order for another control board and a compressor fan. An appointment was scheduled for installation of the parts on September 14, 2018. On September 13, 2018, I received a call to confirm the parts had arrived. The control board had arrived but the compressor fan had not. Not having both parts, my appointment for September 14, 2018 was canceled.

We have been without a refrigerator for nearly 5 weeks. Their response was that they were sorry, but no parts... no appointment. I asked about a replacement unit. Their response was that only after parts are on order for over 21 days, can they entertain the idea of a replacement. So, after buying one of the largest, most expensive refrigerators they sell and buying a 5 year service agreement, they don't care. Their response is "that is procedure". I have purchased my appliances from Sears and have service agreements on most of them. I will NEVER buy another service agreement from them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

In short: DO NOT PURCHASE SEARS HOME WARRANTY REPAIR!! We have been dealing with Sears home repair for nearly a month. We have had three different service calls for the same problem: the first repair person was unable to figure out the problem; the second repair person said there was no problem, and yet he ordered two parts, and, to boot, he was extraordinarily rude and condescending; the third repair person was the charm as he spent two hours to figure out the problem, and he ordered the part. This whole process took three weeks. Mind you, the washer has been out of commission this entire time.

The last part arrived a couple of days following the last visit, but no appointment is available for another week. Sears customers have to call a call center in the Philippines in order to make the service appointments, and when I asked to file a complaint about the ineptitude of the people working in the call center, I was told that all home service repair issues are handled by the call center in the Philippines. Having been a Sears customer for over 30 years, I will never again purchase an appliance from Sears.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

They talked me into buying this when my refrigerator broke down for the third time and they told me we were out of the mfg warranty. They take three weeks to get out, another 3 to 4 weeks to get parts, then another 3 weeks to do the actual repair. Then it breaks again. Another 9 weeks later, they say it's fixed again. Breaks again, another 10 weeks later, say it's fixed again.

Then it happens AGAIN. Schedule a repair person, they come, say they said they ordered parts, but no one ever came. We called again, they have to send a new person (independent contractor) out. Scheduled for a week later, they never show. Call again and schedule another new person. They show up, say they have to come back out to do a leak down test. Another two weeks later, they come for that. Determine the part that needs replaced. Will order and schedule to repair. This is September, this all started in July and since this has happened so many times and I was tired of not having a fridge, I bought a new one and moved this one to the garage. NOW they call me and tell me that they won't cover the repair because the fridge is now in the garage!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I called the advertised telephone number to schedule a $99 air duct cleaning, and made an appointment of 9/6 with open window from 8 to noon. On 9/5, a reminder call was made to me and I was told the window was from 10 to 1 or 2 p.m. the next day. "I arranged my day according to the 8 to 12 time so, if the technician isn't here by 11, I'll have to reschedule." Next day (9/6) around 10 or 11, I called to see about the arrival time, and was told I was on the schedule for 12 to 5. I rescheduled to 9/11, with the open window for service between 12 and 5. The day before, a reminder call came notifying me I was on the 8 to 12 schedule. I explained all of the above, and was told 12 to 5 would be the time.

On 9/11, the air duct technicians arrived and performed needed services. That should have been the end of it. I started receiving emails about a scheduled carpet cleaning; I ignored them because I never discussed carpet cleaning - ever. On 9/12, I receive a voicemail: The technician for carpet cleaning will be at my house in 45 minutes. I call his number - it does not accept calls. I call the original 888 number, try to explain to a customer service person all of the above, up to and including I never scheduled carpet cleaning. She disconnected the line. I called back. Disconnected by yet another customer service rep when I asked to speak to a supervisor.

Later the same day, I went to the website and called the toll free number to schedule appointments and it was no longer in service. I called the original 888 number again, explained to yet another customer service person that I wanted to speak to a supervisor; she gave me a 703-number and told me to ask for George. I called that number, and it doesn't work. Whoever does the scheduling needs to be fired immediately. Whoever supervises the customer service reps (at least the three young ladies who were the worst - Clinton and Josh were very professional) needs to provide in-services. I do not recommend Sears, although the actual air duct technicians were very helpful and professional.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have been dealing with their repair service since July 28th. I have not have a working refrigerator since then. Customer service has hung up on me twice. I have a Master Service Warranty - don't get one!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Sears got me to sign up by saying that I can have a free month to try out the home warranty. They didn’t say that the warranty doesn’t become active until a month after you sign up. I called a day before my free month was up and asked if my free month had already started or if it started after my account became active. I was told that I had a month free after it was active and I wouldn’t be charged for another month. The next day I was charged 69.99 for the Sears home warranty. I called back and was told that my free month had started before my account was active.

I told them to cancel, they said they could but only refund me about 9.00 because I had to pay the cancellation fee. I told them I was told the wrong info by the salesperson and it wasn’t fair because I would have canceled before I was charged. She said she couldn’t do anything. I said I would never shop at Sears again. She said, "Sorry to lose you as a customer." I was told the wrong information, they took my money and didn’t care that I would not shop there anymore. Why shop somewhere that doesn’t respect their customers?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I bought a brand new Kenmore washer and dryer from Sears about 3 months ago. First the dryer wasn't drying properly, so I received a replacement. It was delivered and set up for a fee and I purchased home protection warranty. I have been noticing a error message on my new dryer. When I called Sears to have a technician come and look at it, they asked me to send a picture. It was discovered the vent hose was bend and not enough air flow. I haven't touched the back of the dryer or moved it since it was installed by Sears employee, they bend it. I am a single woman and purchased home protection warranty for peace of mind.

When I called Sears regarding the issue of smashed up vent hose, they told me it's not covered, not part of the dryer. They suggested I call a handy, neighbor or family member to come and fix it. What! I paid extra money to get warranty so that when I call you, you tell me to call handyman, neighbor or family member! Wow, I am appalled, what a disappointment. I will have to re-consider giving my money to Sears ever again. Shame on them. Now, I have to spend more money on something that I did not cause in the first place because Sears doesn't take the accountability.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I ordered a refrigerator online. The measurements provided online were incorrect and the refrigerator didn't fit, and the doors were crooked. The delivery team wouldn't take it away, instead leaving it in the middle of my kitchen. I called and was told they would come back at the end of the day. Saturday 10 pm, no one back. Days of calls later, they can't pick up for at least 8 days! Since I work and take care of sick son, will be 11 days. Meantime no fridge, no refund. Jewish holiday celebration canceled because of no fridge. Spending money eating out. Sears won't reimburse. I will never shop at Sears again. Crooked product and horrible service from website to pick up.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I deeply regret signing up for this program. I feel that it's a major RIPOFF!!!! If you ever have a claim be prepared for a level of frustration that is beyond words. They lose information, don't communicate and then give you the runaround and treat you with disrespect when you call them. Trying to cancel the policy can only be done in a small window of time or they charge you an exorbitant fee. Horrible! I won't even shop at Sears anymore because of this interaction. I'm not surprised that they are having financial difficulties. You can't treat your customers this way and stay in business. I honestly hope this company folds.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I specifically asked if I could cancel the service at any time. The associate explained that I needed to pay at least the monthly fee after the service was completed before canceling. I did what I was directed and was told that there was a fee of $195 to cancel. Since I recorded the conversation, I am expecting to have this contract canceled without any fee. But I will have to go thru the process of fighting them.

In addition, the technician was able to fix the fridge on the first visit. He did, however, pinch the water line when pushing the fridge back into place. It was a day later we discovered our finished basement had water damage to the drywalled ceiling and multiple walls. According to the Terms and Conditions of the contract (17) states "We are not liable for any damages that result in an independent contractor's service". With over $1000 worth of damage, I could have bought a new fridge.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I spent over $1,100 for my warranty. A few months ago filed a claim and waited, and waited, and waited. Now they come back and say that they cannot fix my fridge and they will offer only $500.00 as replacement cost. These people are thieves in suits, nothing more. I canceled the plan and they only will refund $417.00. Good riddance. This is exactly why your company is going bankrupt. I only hope that many more people read this to avoid these warranty plans like the plague.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

DO NOT BUY the Sears warranty for your appliances. At first glance, it looks like a good deal. You pay around $40-50/month and all your appliances are covered and if they can't fix it, they replace it. Except, THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. I have been paying for the warranty for 4 years. That's almost $2000. When I finally needed it when my fridge broke down, I realized what a scam this is. It is not inefficiency, it's not a slower process than expected, it is an intentional, well-thought process by which it is almost impossible for you to get a new appliance if yours is beyond repair.

They hope that you give up. Which we did. After 40 days with no fridge, and no end in sight with Sears we realized they will never give us a new fridge and ended up paying for a new one. If we had saved our warranty money, we could have used it to buy the new fridge. Unlike other companies, Sears outsources the repairs. So what ends up happening is you get someone who is not trained to fix those appliances and comes without the proper parts. And then they give you the runaround until you give up.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I spent almost a $1000 for a treadmill from Sears and was told it would be delivered before 10am the following Saturday. The confirmation call on Friday changed my delivery time to between 3:15 And 5:15 Saturday evening. When my order didn't arrive by 5:15 I called and was told it would be another hour or two. At that same moment an unmarked truck showed up in front of my house and two disheveled looking men got out. I spent 45 minutes going around in circles with the call center first being told their trucks are all labeled then well maybe they hired a contractor. And I'm supposed to let these people into my house? Of course I asked for a refund but Sears could not email me a confirmation. I asked for a supervisor which I couldn't get either. I'll never shop at Sears again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I was in Natick, MA at Sears. I bought some items. The clerk at register asked me if I had Sears card. I said yes-not on me. When I punched my SS number into the terminal, a totally different person came up. I called Cust Svc to report this. They referred to fraud dept. Vanessa in the fraud dept told me to go to my credit bureau - Sears couldn't help me. My social may have been a typo by a Sears emp. I said it was their obligation to correct the problem not a credit bureau. Sears fraud said they could not help - wow, I was taken back. I told Vanessa to cancel my card. I will not be shopping in Sears again.

Obviously, Sears has the address and the phone number for the person who also has a credit profile with Sears. I think Sears should call and write this customer and let them know that my SS is on their account - so all parties can correct this. I believe this might have been a typo entry error and therefore Sears responsible for the error and accountable to correct this between me, the true holder of the SS number and the customer who has no idea their account is under a SS number that is not theirs as well.

Sears fraud dept. telling me there was nothing that Sears could do to correct this is in my opinion extreme negligence and Sears completely abandoned a 45 year customer to "go tell the credit bureau." If this is fraud - then I can take it up with credit bureaus and police. But if it is not, customer service has shown extreme indifference and failure to act in a responsible manner in making a sincere effort at correcting their mistakes and errors.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We have been bitterly disappointed by our current experience with Sears. We contracted with them to put vinyl siding on our house. Timing - they are out of schedule and will only finish later than promised, if they finish at all! Damage to property - they damaged an electric wire and a phone wire. They tried to hide the electric wire damage. When confronted with the issue they tried to intimidate us by saying that the wire was "out of code". Rude & Abusive Behavior - their contractor shouted abuse at the other workers. He also tried to intimidate us over the phone. We phoned the overall Sears project manager and the local office in East Hanover. The project manager was patronizing and indifferent. She lost no time in telling us how busy she was and that she had other customers to attend to. The workmen also left nails in our driveway and damaged some of our plants.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Bought a home generator and service agreement-paid it constantly (also bought warranty for air unit and washing machine-don't use them though). Tried generator - worked last month - did not turn over. Called for repair - today is Sept. 7 - told me next available date is October 18. Then gave me a list of things if it was they would not fix or charge me for and also charge me $95 travel time. First I have paid for years for the warranty - to think I may have to pay more stinks and is disgraceful. Then to give me an approximate 6-week wait for a repair person is disgusting.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I never have been treated so unprofessionally in my life. We bought a brand new tractor from Sears and renewed their Master Protection Agreement multiple times. The second time we renewed it, they never fixed it correctly. They would put off visits, order parts late, etc. They would fix it and then it would break again. I got very few mowing hours out of it. I was leary to renew the policy one last time and rightfully so. Since I didn't have enough money to buy another mower, I went ahead and renewed it, but it was even worse this time. They again put off fixing the lawnmower. Excuses ranged to missing bolts to pieces that needed ordering to just not making their scheduled appointments.

Again we got no mowing done. I began to ask them to replace the mower because they weren't fixing it and my grass was getting very high. They then replaced the oil pan incorrectly, told me there was no oil and that it was my fault. They weren't going to fix it or replace it and just left the mower where it was, and did not honor the contract. I will never buy another mower or warranty from them. Everything is substandard with them. Stay away from Sears--they are useless.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We purchased a fridge in July. Has terrible delivery service. They showed up an HOUR before my delivery window and then wouldn’t attempt to redeliver because I wasn’t home. I called and corrected my phone number TWICE and they still called the wrong one. Thought it was just a bad experience. Wrong!! Just purchased a dishwasher last weekend 9-1-18 and scheduled for delivery for 9-6.

Here it is Thursday Sept 6 and I never got an email or phone call on delivery time. I called the night prior to reschedule because my husband's work schedule changed and they said I couldn’t reschedule until a time had been set! I called back this morning and got transferred and wasted 10 minutes on the phone with no resolution. So the dishwasher is ready to be delivered but the delivery company isn’t answering the phone for me to reschedule. This will probably be the last time we purchase anything with a delivery. Such a headache and we’ve been life long Sears/Kenmore purchasers!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

When I placed my order on 8/24 I was told it would be delivered the following week. A day before delivery, it got rescheduled. Last night I got a text message and a phone call with a delivery window of two hours. I was home a half an hour before the delivery window. WHILE AT HOME I got a missed call from Sears saying I needed to reschedule my appointment. I called back and the woman assured me it was in error and I was next on the delivery truck. Fast forward 15 minutes and I get another call from Sears saying I wasn't home when they came and I needed to reschedule. I told her I was standing in my house and no one came. She said that they were there, and I was not, so they left.

I checked my security camera, and they had come ONE HOUR before the start of my window time. I told her that, and she said she would have them redeliver. She told me to stay by my phone for the next two hours as I would receive a phone call with a new delivery time. After 2.5 hours I called back, and the woman said that I had to reschedule my delivery. I explained that the previous person said they were insisting that it be redelivered today because I had proof that the delivery attempt was outside my two hour window. She said that it was impossible to have them redeliver after an initial attempt. She said that I was given wrong information. SO here I sit after wasting a vacation day and having given Sears far too many chances to redeem themselves. What horrible horrible customer service. Awful.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I bought a Samsung dryer 2 yrs ago from Sears. This yr the dryer started cracking so we had the technician come out and tell us we needed a new drum to fix it. The drum was ordered on 8/24/2018, I received no updates on when it would be delivered to me. Fast forward it is now 9/5/2018, I have called Sears Home Warranty to find out what day the drum would be deliver, the agent advised it was to be delivered on 8/29/2018 but there was no other information as to where the drum was at or when it would be delivered.

The only information the agent had was the carrier it would be delivered by. No other information. I have spoken to 5 different departments and not one agent to give me any information on what is happening with the drum. This will be the last time I ever buy anything from Sears again since they don't seem to know what is going on with the orders or the delivery. Now I have to wait to see if it ever comes in, so in the meantime I have no dryer.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Had my appointment set for Tuesday 9-04-18 between 8-12. I never received an email from Sears nor did the technician call. The 3rd party company Sears outsources never showed up. I took the day off work to be here and this is how we as consumers are treated. For years we have purchased and trusted Sears products. When we built the house 15 years ago we went with Kenmore appliances. But now the quality and consumer service has fallen off to where it's not even worth walking into their stores anymore. I will never buy from Sears again and this warranty will not be renewed so this is my last product from Sears. Sears is on the way down the drain and I will help make it so by not purchasing anything from them again. Sears... you did it to yourself. Maybe you can lease your buildings to the Spirit Halloween stores. They have a lot of satisfied customers.

Sears Company Information