2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (1128 ratings)

About Sears

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

We purchased a home in a small town in North Carolina and was having a hard time having a company make a delivery to my area. We decided to drive a few hours to our local Sears Store and found the perfect electric stove that met our needs for this home. The size, color and features were perfect. The best part Sears delivered it for free. We placed our order and within a few days it arrived and it was installed and works perfectly in every way. I couldn't ask for more from such a great company that went out of their way....

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

This system was installed in the 80's. Very little problems. Just needs a new battery every now and then. It is not on any monitoring service. So there are no extra fees. If the alarm goes off the bell will ring to alert the neighbors of a problem.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

The Sears paints that I used would cover in one coat as advertised, had the sheen aka. finish that I desired, were available in myriads of colors as are most brands, and proved to be very durable.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

On time, always can rely on them. They fix problem always or else provides new machine. This has never happened to me. They always fix the problem like new. Plan, covers most of problem costs. Have had Sears service for at least 20 years on all appliances. I am totally satisfied. Would not change to a different service.

Original review: July 9, 2021

For 6 months I've tried to get a replacement refrigerator. Sears has sent over 10 technicians during COVID, and my refrigerator hasn't worked in 6 months. They didn't care that I have a newborn and elderly people in the home. Sears Warranty Department trains their representatives to blatantly lie to customers and to keep scheduling useless repair appointment. They offer a check for a college refrigerator that they never sent. I've had the same representatives lie and lie and lie. Sears is the worse store to purchase any appliances for. Sears clothing sales has already plummeted now their appliances are garbage!

BEWARE OF PURCHASES ANY APPLIANCES FROM SEARS. Sears trains their representatives to lie to customers. Sears technicians are inexperienced and useless. All through covid they've had technicians pretending to repair parts to a 5 yrs old refrigerator. I just bought a new warranty with Sears they don't honor. I'm canceling my new warranty and never purchasing anything from Sears again. Sears employees and reps give you the run around. Instead of replacing my refrigerator they want to sent a 13th technician that can't screw in a lightbulb. BEWARE OF PURCHASING SEARS APPLIANCES OR BUYING A WARRANTY FROM SEARS. SEARS IS A RIP OFF!!!

Original review: July 2, 2021

TERRIBLE Customer Service. Ordered a refrigerator online and it was delivered promptly, but damaged. Called to have a new one sent out and had to place a new order (so now charged twice). Second one came out more damaged than the first - so it was refused at delivery. It has been 2 months of hours on hold with customer service, bogus claims of resolution, tales of the computer systems being down, supervisors not being available, and many emails of "we need 5 more days to research this". I still have a dented fridge, 2 charges on my card, many red flags indicating fraud, and a resolve to NEVER buy anything from Sears again!

Original review: June 28, 2021

Purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite Over the Range Convection Microwave 8/2018 for $476.00. Warranty states the Magenetron is warranted for 5 years. The magnetron failed. Called Sears. The part will be furnished at no cost, however a Sears technician must make a house call at a cost of $250.00 to bench test the appliance. If additional labor is incurred it is billed separately. To speak to a technical representative they charge $37.00. The oven light works, the fan works the oven shorts out. What is really shorted out is Sears. I can replace the microwave for $300.00? When I replace the product you can bet it will not be Sears!

Original review: June 22, 2021

Have been shuffled around by 21 people and no one has had the knowledge or know what to do with my situation. It is unbelievable! I am with a home warranty company. They contacted Sears and sent them to fix my washing machine. Michael came out, piddled a little with our washer and ordered parts. He left after hanging around my house, on his phone for one hour. He could have left after 15 min. The parts came, Michael came back, wrong parts. Had to order other parts. Was supposed to come back and never showed. I called my home warranty company and asked them to offer the job to another company. They told me they typically do not do this but after hearing my story they sent another company. They came in, laughed at the parts Michael ordered and I quote, "If he bothered to look inside, he would have seen these parts are incorrect."

This company ordered the correct parts, came back and fixed my washer (within 4 days). Michael stretched my washer fixing for 3 weeks. I was billed by Sears. Talked to a woman who called me and asked why I hadn't paid my bill. I told her my story and she was going to deal with it. SHE DID NOT. Next I get a letter saying this is my last before being sent to collections. I called the good old Sears 1-800 number and they shuffled me around as mentioned before with NO results. I finally contacted headquarters and spoke to a gentleman, gave him the EXACT same information I gave to the 21 other people who conveniently could not find my name or my contract claim.

This gentleman took my information, put me on hold for 3 minutes and came back saying it was taken care of and would not be sent to claims. He also gave me my Michael ID number in case I want to file a complaint, WELL, I have a claims letter in front of me as I type. It was NOT taken care of, I had to pay so as to not ruin my credit. SOOOO, I now want my refund ASAP. This company DID NOT provide a service nor fixed my machine. I am beyond upset and will take legal actions if not responded to and send me guarantee information that this has been.

This company has such inept service representatives that only have in a small box knowledge of problems that need further help and Sears truly needs an overhaul. Sears used to have a good name, now I cringe when I hear someone say Sears. Tip for consumers: RUN, RUN, RUN. They are not worth it, even if they come in lower, they are horrible.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I have a Master Protection Agreement with Sears. I have been calling them for more than a week to get service on my garage door opener. Each time I call they say their computers are down. I do not understand how they can do business if their computers are down for more than a week. DO NOT PURCHASE A SEARS PROTECTION AGREEMENT.

Original review: June 12, 2021

We purchased a Kenmore over-the-range microwave. It didn't last 3 years before it kept shorting out, after it was out of warranty. It was repaired once (a blown fuse) but then a few weeks later, shorted out again. It would be nearly $700 to repair it. So, we bought another brand at another store, but that didn't fit. So, went back to Sears.com to get a new version of the previous one. Bought on a Tuesday, was promised delivery/installation on a Thursday, that day came and went with no call and no delivery/install, and when I called, they said it would be at least two business days before they could call with a new estimated delivery date. It's no wonder this pathetic outfit is going out of business. Customer Service is outsourced to India, with no option to reach a U.S. supervisor or escalate the horrible service. AVOID!

Sears Company Information