1.06/5
Based on 585 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

5583 Sears Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

I bought a treadmill, not cheap, the package arrived damage, I called Sears. They told me I will get an email within 24 to 48 hrs. A week later NOTHING. I just want a replacement. Here are the pictures right off the truck and by the way it was only one guy who delivered a 350 lb machine.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Worthless, very expensive service. $70.00 per month plus $100.00 per service call then they do not even show up - basically they make the service impossible to use so they get your money and they just run the clock out so you never get service. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCE under and circumstances. There is a good reason that Sears is pretty much out of business - poor products, poor service and overpriced.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 16, 2018

I purchased a water heater from Sears and 2 days ago it began to leak and dump water all over my pantry/laundry room floor. I have the original receipt and Owner's manual that describes clearly that this is still covered under the Kenmore warranty period. I took my receipt to my local store and the dept. manager was nice and completed an escalation form to get the heater replaced. I then called the Customer Solutions number given to me by the manager and that person (Drake) then explained that in order to get a replacement Sears had to send a service tech to inspect the water heater to determine if it was really leaking and I would have to pay for that service... THEN he proceeds to say that they have NO service techs in my area so they are unable to honor the warranty. This is breach of contract by Sears.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Worst experience I have ever had with any company. Trying to get my replacement washer. Have been put through hours of being routed from one person to another, half of the connections are inaudible. No one can give me an answer to "Where is my washer?" They just put me on hold and send me to another person = around and around the circuit. I am beyond frustrated with this and don't know what to do. This is a nightmare that is not ending. If you are considering this warranty for protection of your home = protect your own sanity and don't do it. It is a disaster.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have been waiting almost 8 weeks to get my washer repaired. The first repair technician came to my home without tools, just his cell phone in hand. He toyed with the machine and corresponded to the Sears Stack member. The Stack member suggested that there were 3 code problems. After 3-1/2 hours the technician stated that he had fixed the problem. Next day, I went to use the washer and it had the same problems as what he "supposedly" repaired. Called Sears Master plan and explained the problem. They sent the same repair technician. The first thing he said when he walked into my home was "I don't get paid for this return call." (not my problem.) He again did not bring any tools, just his cell phone.

During the second visit, he again talked to his Stack member. Again, the Stack member came up with the same 3 code problems. During the 2-1/2 hours he was here, he spoke to the Stack member with his speaker on. The stack member tried to convince the technician to tell me I don't know how to use the washer. As soon as he left, I tried the washer, and as expected, NOTHING was done. I immediately called Sears Master Plan and asked what was going on and I want someone here the next day to fix the washer. "NOT POSSIBLE" I WAS TOLD. I made a 3rd appointment and the service technician was a "NO SHOW". By this time I was ready to hire an attorney.

But, I called a fourth time, and spoke to the Sears Master Plan member. They said that they would send the technician back. I said that that was not acceptable. I told the member I wanted another technician. No problem. Two days later, a FACTORY Technician arrived and in 20 minutes, had the problem diagnosed and with the above 3 codes, the washer also had a bad transmission. He ordered the parts. All $647.46 worth. (I only paid $495.00). BUT, the parts are on back order. No date of availability of parts was known.

Meanwhile, Sears service sent me a notice that they had set up another service date. I called and asked why. The person at the other end, (OFFSHORE PERSON) had no idea why I was assigned another appointment. Then this person suggested that I wait until the day before the scheduled appointment to see if the parts were in stock. It's apparent that Sears has the worst customer service in the country. No wonder why Sears is going out of business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: July 13, 2018

I called Sears Home Warranty service to submit a claim for repairing my washing machine. I would of used the chat option or the online schedule option on their website if it was actually functioning to set up the repair schedule on May 24th. After calling into the worst decision tree I have ever participated in, I finally received a live person to take my information, (that was already entered within the decision tree) and began to set up a time for a repair man to come and check out my washing machine issue. He asked to put me on a brief hold and hung me up.

I called back, waited in the queue for 46 minutes until I received another person. I told my story all over again, because there were zero notes in the system that showed I had just called. They put me on hold and set up a scheduled time and gave me the phone number of the outside vendor that will be servicing my washing machine, so I could get the window that they will be arriving the following week.

I called the night before arrival and the outside vendor never received the work request from Sears Home Warranty. Now it is Memorial Day Week and cannot get another person out here until May 30th. I take the first appointment they give me, with a different appliance vendor, surprisingly enough a Sears appliance repair team member. After being on hold and requesting that the superior customer service team from Sears Home Warranty conference calls in the repair vendor to confirm that they received the request from SHW to actually show up, I finalized the call; 1 hour & 46 minutes later. The Sears repair guy shows up, I pay my $75 deductible (Centerpoint Appliance Warranty charges $0 deductible), and he accesses that two parts need to be replaced.

One part was shipped two weeks later and the other part never showed up. I received no phone call from either vendors. I called SHW and asked them to conference call the repair dept. to get me back on the calendar to finish the job. Sears repair stated that the part was showing out of stock and that I would need to call the parts dept., I was transferred to the parts dept. and they said that the part is out of stock, "ok"? I said not okay. What am I suppose to do in the meantime. It is going on three weeks without a washing machine and three weeks without the confidence that this will be resolved.

I was told from Sears parts and Sears Home Warranty that I will be contacted with an update. I was never called or emailed with an update. I called back the following week and the part is still out of stock. We are now going on four weeks. I received no communication from either Sears entity with an update. I called back through their awful decision tree, being that their online chat service, directs you to call them.

I finally got through after 26 min. to a live person, I asked for a supervisor or manager. I was hung up on again during the transfer, so I called back again. I was transferred to someone that knew a bit more than how to answer the phone, and told her my story all over again. I asked her to conference call the parts dept. Crystal was her name, she conferenced the parts dept. The part is still out of stock from Whirlpool. I told her that I have now been waiting for five weeks and I would like to pursue another option. She said that she would submit a request for another dept. to authorize a replacement washing machine. I would receive communication on the authorization acceptance or another option if denied. I never received any communication again, even though I confirmed my phone number(s) and email address with them the last five times I called in.

At this point, I have begun to call in every other day. I am on hold for over an hour each time, transferred to at least three people, because the first two layers have no authority to do anything other than take inaccurate notes or hang up on me, and still no resolution. I am going on 51 days without a washing machine, without resolution. But, Sears Home Warranty has no problem taking my monthly fee from me during this period. Calling again, they stated that they found a replacement washing machine that will fit my stackable dryer. I said that I don't believe it and I want confirmation from Sears appliance that this is accurate information and I will hold until they receive this information.

Holding for over 30 minutes, she comes back with a NO, it won't work. While I am on hold, research this replacement option online and the model number is out of stock online and unavailable to be shipped from the lower 48 states. But somehow this was the option that they were attempting to provide me. A washing machine that is out of stock. I then asked for the reimbursement option, which was $500. You cannot find a stackable washing machine of any brand for $500. Let alone, a washing machine and now dryer, because I need to replace both being that nothing is compatible. Sears Home Warranty will not replace both, nor will they give me a refund of my home service payments of $1,440 for a service that they are unable to provide.

They will also not reimburse me for the hours that I have been on the phone nor will they reimburse me for the $140 I paid to a laundromat during this time. All the while, still pulling out $60 a month from my account. I now have been calling them every day and get the same promise that a Supervisor will call me back in 48 hours. For the last two days, as soon as 48 hours hits, I call them to advise them that they did not call me. I asked them, how many calls does a customer need to make before an issue is escalated? One person told me that more than two and it will be escalated. I asked her to look at my file and count how many times I have called in... She (Faye) said, "Oh my..."

I just got off the phone with a supervisor that I called in and said that I will wait on hold until one is available. I finally was placed with a gal, and she said the credit of $500 is non-negotiable. I told her that I would like to give a verbal yes, I will take the credit and she said that she will need to speak with my husband because he is the one on the account, even though I have called in more than 20 times in the last 50 days regarding this issue.

I asked her to please hold while I conference my husband in on this call. She said that she can only hold for two minutes. I told her that I have been on hold for hours over the last 50+ days. She said that she will drop the call after two minutes. Wow!!! I am now waiting for Customer Service Case Escalation team Manager of Supervisors to call me back. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING from SEARS, K-MART, or any other entity from this day forward. I understand why they are in financial ruin. To be continued. I'll let you know what they say on Monday when I call them back.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I just purchased a house. Since all the major appliances had been removed, I had to purchase everything. I made arrangements for the fridge, gas range and dishwasher to be delivered first. Come the first delivery day, I was finally informed a half hour AFTER the delivery time passed that the appliances allegedly hadn't even arrived at the warehouse. Second delivery date arrives, I'm told that I'm not even on the schedule for delivery. I started fighting with their delivery people at 6:30 AM trying to get delivery. First was told that the items would be delivered by 2:30, then by 5:30, then by 7:00,pm. Still no delivery. In a rage, I demanded a supervisor, who told me that I hadn't been routed for that day. She checked her records, and another delay had been put on my delivery until 7/21. This is 3 weeks AFTER I closed on the house! I'm afraid to go to the store because I'm afraid I will physically injure some clueless clerk at the store.

Original review: July 12, 2018

This is the complaint I filed with Sears Executive Customer Relations. I also filed a similar complaint with the BBB. Now that I've started, I see I'm not the only customer Sears is willing to lose. I maybe just one person but my mother, in laws, family, friends, coworkers, neighbors will all hear about this experience. I am also responsible for Quality Assurance for the Jeri...U large company that I work for and rest assured this wil be my example of poor service. Please if you have a difficult time with receiving services you've paid for, file a complaint and take your business elsewhere. As consumers we should not be subjected to finger pointing and apathetic bureaucracy with NO accountability from a company we've paid. The corporate information is listed: Sears Holdings Corporation. 3333 Beverly Road. Hoffman Estates, IL 60179.

"I need immediate resolution with this issue. I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I will next go to your Corporate Offices, Consumer Affairs, JD Powers, all social media outlets I can find and any other media outlet available to report extremely poor service on Sears part. I am not normally a complainer but this is something no one should have to deal with. I am out of town, but I suggest reviewing my account and calls made. I have detailed notes with names, dates and times of more than a dozen calls I will provide when I get home. For now, here's an account of my experience trying to get my refrigerator repaired.

I purchased Sears Protection Service Agreements and have renewed them over the last 7 years. My covered refrigerator began to stop working on July 2nd so I called Sears. They proceeded to tell me that the compressor was out and that a technician would not be available until June 17th. The representative advised me to place ice in my freezer to help preserve my food. I argued that this was unacceptable and was escalated to a supervisor who was able to schedule me for the 13th and put me on an"emergency" call list for 24 to 48 hour service.

I called on the 3rd to then be told by another supervisor that there is no such service and the earliest appointment they could now provide was the 11th. I took this appointment under protest and continued to call almost daily trying everywhere, including the retention department, repairs customer service, protection agreement benefits, among others, to see if anyone could help me get an earlier appointment. With each call I received a different answer of how the process for repair works. The ice recommendation provided didn't work so by the 5th all my food was spoiled and we threw it out. We are a family of seven so this was not a minor loss. Finally the 11th came and the technician arrived, spent 5 minutes in my home because in the 6 days of not opening the box, a VERY small amount of mold formed.

He ran out and stated my warranty was now void and that "Sears does this all the time...not telling customers what to do to prevent this type of stuff". I am out of town so my adult son tried to give him the phone so I could get clarity on what's happening. He got on the phone once and said that the refrigerator is done, it is no longer safe and he needs to get out of the house and hung up. I called my son's line back and he further states to my son, because he refused to speak to me the policyholder, that he's going to report the refrigerator as unrepairable which should allow us to receive credit for a new refrigerator but he repeated that mold voids the warranty. I tried asking additional questions but he drove off. Before leaving he did state the information he entered could be seen after 6 pm if I asked customer service.

I immediately called and spoke to a Supervisor Teresa who basically said there was nothing that could be done, she was getting off in an hour and would be gone the next few days so I would have to call back. She said that my warranty would be voided if the technician said mold was present. She further said that the technician was not accurate in that Customer Service has to wait for the report to load overnight. I have since discovered this is not true and she could have requested the information from the technician so that I could have been assisted that same day. In addition, she could have offered me the option to clean the refrigerator and have the technician return.

She was the worst representative of your company I have dealt with. She took no accountability, offered no options or solutions and refused to transfer me to another supervisor that could assist with a callback. Please listen to her call with me and offer her coaching on proper deescalation techniques. She is the straw that started me on the course of filing complaint against your company. I am out of town, but my husband came home and cleaned the specks of mold in less than 5 minutes with bleach and water.

I then spoke to Vera, a benefits rep., who gave me a thorough explanation of the process and, though it still meant waiting, her attitude and approach calmed me temporarily. I was told I had to wait. Spoke to Tierra and Amy, supervisor, today June 12 and I'm being told that a technician will come tomorrow morning on the 13th but nothing will happen on this visit. He will not have the compressor that the phone technician and the technician from the 11th visit both said is the need part. Not only that, it will take 3 business days to expedite a request for the part and then another business day, possibly, for the repair. That's if the technician is willing to expedite the part request.

I have a family of seven and it has cost me hundreds of dollars I don't have in food loss, more than the $200 you're going to maybe eventually give me, and food cost to feed my family daily with no means to maintain anything beyond a meal. At this point I no longer care to repair the refrigerator, I would like an expedited processing of a credit so I can purchase a new refrigerator this weekend. I do not want to wait another week or two hoping you'll provide service I've paid for. I would hope that as a company you recognize that a customer should not have to spend hours upon hours of their time, you've pretty much absorbed my entire vacation with this issue, simply trying to get services they have paid for.

I have several warranties I renew faithfully. So do my parents, in laws and friends. I've already begun sharing my negative experience. I hope I'm able to share how your Corporate offices stepped in and righted a very large wrong. Please call me at... today as I'm going to continue making reports until I hear from someone providing a resolution. Thank you for your prompt attention and resolution."

Original review: July 11, 2018

I placed a repair order on 6/21/18 for the cracking floor and crooked non-flush backsplash in my upstairs bathroom that is being ignored. The remodel, which was chaos from the moment they sent the furnace salesman for a bathroom remodel, was finished on 3/2/18. The floor was supposed to be repaired before the new floor was installed. The crack starts right at the edge of the repair and follows the same crack on the ceiling of the room below. It appears that the floor was not fully or completely repaired.

I was told on 6/21/18 that Rose ** and/or Davi ** from Sears would contact me within 48 business hours. That did not happen. The contractor, not Rose or Davi, called me on 6/22/18 and based on pictures from my phone (Samsung Note 4) said it was no big deal and that he could just put silicone in it. That's it. No one came to my house. I'm just supposed to put silicone in it and ignore the fact that the crack starts at the edge of the repair and follows the crack on the ceiling below. And possibly land in the living room the next time I take a bath. I spent the next 2 weeks leaving messages on multiple numbers trying to get someone from Sears to come out to actually look at it. 7/2/18, I found a direct number for Rose and left the same message, that I need someone to come out and actually look at the floor. No response.

On 7/6/18 I left the message that I would be filing complaints with the BBB and ConsumerAffairs and she finally returned my call. I was told that she would talk to someone "that knows what they're looking at", check with her boss and let me know when someone would be coming out. Definitely by Monday or Tuesday (7/9 or 7/10). It's Wednesday (7/11) and still no word from Rose. I never heard from Davi. No one ever inspected the finished work. No one has come to inspect or assess the cracks.

In the phone call on 7/6/18 conversation with Rose I mentioned that my sink is also the wrong color. It's bone/white not white/white as listed in the 12/18 contract change. And that my single piece shower surround is actually 3 pieces. However, those issues were not listed in the repair requested on 6/21/18. It is 2:45 pm on 7/11/18 and so far no one is even planning to come out and look at this floor. I believe that the furnace salesman that they sent did not understand the scope of the repair. I need for someone with decision making authority, that knows flooring and floor repair to come out and assess the seriousness of the situation. The floor has only been there 4 months, it should not be cracking.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Buy a new Kenmore refrigerator 12/2017. Refrigerator starts knocking end of 3/2018. Call Sears customer service: can’t get anyone there for 3 weeks. They come and they can’t hear the knock. He has to order parts. May 25th they come and install the parts. Next day food in the refrigerator part was freezing. Call customer service: can’t get anyone there for 3 weeks. June guy comes and called his tech support and they informed him he installed the wrong parts. I could hear them on his speakerphone. New parts ordered. He came on July 9th 2018 installed the new parts. That night (JULY 9th) the refrigerator was not getting cold.

I called Sears customer service and was informed it would be 8 days before they could send someone. They don’t care my food is going bad. So if you buy a Kenmore refrigerator you should get some coolers and bags of ice to keep your food in. And they keep sending the same guy that doesn’t know how to fix the refrigerator. And it still has the noise.

Original review: July 10, 2018

We purchased a led hanging work light in December, we used it twice and the 2nd time one of the prongs in the plug fell out. We tried to take it back but they insisted we needed a receipt. They only hold purchases in their computer for 6 months, though you have a year warranty. Who keeps all receipts for 7 months? Will never shop there again. That's ok, they're closing stores all over the country. Soon there'll be no Sears, which would make me grin.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We purchased all new Kenmore kitchen appliances less than a year ago. We have had ice maker replaced & still doesn’t work correctly & now door ajar alarm keep going off. Service tech has been here 3 time for alarm & replace both control panels & alarm still going off! Now it will be another 10 days before he can come back to check out why it didn’t fix it & then I’m sure another 3 weeks to order more parts! When they sell the extended warranty to you they make it sound like if they come 4 times & can’t fix it they will replace it well that is a lie! No one can give you straight answer. Everyone tells you something different! Have spoke with Sears home services, Sears & Kenmore & still no resolution.

Original review: July 7, 2018

My wife and I bought the Samsung front load commercial washer and dryer a little over 4 years ago because of us having no problems with any of our Samsung products we bought from Sears. We were contemplating whether to shell out the $700 dollars they wanted for the extended warranty and yes we did. $700 dollars for the 3 year warranty on our washer/dryer and dishwasher, about 3 months later our washer and dryer went out. I was happy we bought the warranty because the washer and dryer went out on different days in May 2018.

The tech came out for the washer and told me the bearings were bad, he said he would order the parts and he would be back out to fix it. Meanwhile I was pissed so I called and complained to the lame Sears customer service and they sent out a new tech. He diagnosed the washer with having a bad motor. So once I have a garage full of parts I call and make another damn service call. The first tech shows up. He says, "All the parts aren’t here yet." He says the basket was ordered and it didn’t come in but he says, "Oh the other tech said it was the motor" and that he was going to change it to see if that's it (brilliant thinking). I guess he would change the motor in his car because the car doesn’t start without checking the battery first.

After he comes in and advises us not to use the washer because his work made it worse. It’s now July 6th and it’s still broken. I called Sears customer service this morning and raged this company is absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional. The company Sears has fixing equipment sucks. After talking with customer service and wanting to talk with a supervisor/manager, (which they denied) they gave us an appointment on Thursday July 12th because they say have no other time. Hmmmm, I smell BS. Point of the story is stay away from Sears and its shady extended warranty and crappy customer service. I would give Sears zero stars if I could.

Original review: July 4, 2018

My wife and I purchased a GE gas stove from Sears Outlet in Torrance California. Since then the stove oven have not worked and we cannot get anyone from Sears to come out and service it or even turn it on for us. We have not cook dinner since we have received the oven on June 27th 2018. Sears has the worst customer service I have ever experienced in a major department store. They gave me the run-around every day I called them and since then they have also blocked my phone from calling the store. Please do not go and purchase any item from Sears outlet store in Torrance. I could not believe the run-around they have given me as a amputated one-legged veteran. They will not even answer my phone calls anymore. I have tried to use my daughter's phone and they answer after the first call and when I talk to them they give me the run-around again. Worst customer service in the world.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I did purchased a washer online with store picking at SEARS ROEBUCK in Nashua NH. Once I got the confirmation by Sears that the purchased was confirmed and that washer was ready to pickup at my closest store I went to pick it up with the confirmation email and purchase number. When I got there, washer the manager at the picking area told my purchase (washer) was not there, he told me to call Sears online and to cancel my online order so he could give me one of his stock. I followed his directions and I ended up buying the same washer (brand/model) but way more expensive. Awful buying experience in my life, the person at the picking office was so aggressive trying to sell me everything I could, after waiting for more than 1 hour I paid $80 more than the deal I got online. I have no complaints with Sears Online but with SEARS ROEBUCK in Nashua NH - Stay away from them. I will never buy anything at Sears, they just lost a customer.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I am in the Florida Keys July 2018. I wanted to purchase a metal detector for my nephew. I called Sears and could ONLY speak to the computer prompt. Several times it simply hung up on me after several prompts. I COULD NOT SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSON, NO MATTER HOW HARD AND MANY CALLS I TRIED. Sears is closing stores all across the country, blaming the economy as the reason. The reason IS NOT a bad economy, it is due to atrocious management and lack of customer service. As a 50÷ year customer, I will not shop at Sears ever again, AND am divesting my 401k of any association of Sears related company.

Original review: July 3, 2018 I have a Sears Appliance Warranty. The first time I used it, they canceled my scheduled appointment 3 times. My wife had to leave work early for those appointments missing time from work. When I called to complain, I was passed to 5 different agents, all asking the same questions and none resolving the issue.

Unprofessional and incompetent.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I ordered an air conditioner from Sears.com. The air conditioner arrived, however the installation techs never did as they were scheduled. We decided we did not want the air conditioner and contacted Sears customer service to return it. It has been 3 horrible weeks with customer service. They are trained to just lie and pretend they are putting a return order in. I have gone at least 7 rounds with them, and it's either, we have no record of the return; they are coming today; we are waiting on UPS to contact us. There is no record for the pick up. We have no record of this return. My manager will call you (ha ha). I've set up the pick up return with them 7 times and still-- to no avail-- NOTHING.

In short, it's three weeks and today I am told: "It was delivered on June 14th madam, what can I help you with?" NO RECORD of return requests. I am about to pull my hair out. I called Sears (the actual store) and they are clueless as well. They said they cannot take the air conditioner if we drive it there ourselves because they may not be able to sell it. It's STILL IN THE BOX. NEVER OPENED. Who can help consumers with this? It seems this is not an isolated incident as the clerk at my local Sears gets calls like this all the time. What can we do?

Original review: July 2, 2018

I called Sears warranty in regards to fixing the door on my built-in microwave. I specifically told the rep that the microwave still works but the door does not close properly. I explained the hook no longer latches on to keep the door closed. But, the microwave still works. I have to hold the door closed. The rep said, "No problem," and proceeded to book my appointment, that was unbeknown to be canceled. I called to verify where the maintenance guy was. The rep apologized that the appt was canceled and rebooked for 6/1/2018. But, I never received a call about the cancellation after taking the morning off.

However, when the service guy came, 6/1, he said, "You need a new door. I will order and Sears will contact you when it comes in." 1 week go by, I call. They tell me they never received the report so they sent another request to Rivercity (their 3rd party servicer). 3 days later, no call. I call back with no update. The report still not in. I call no less than 7/8 times at this point over a course of 3 weeks. So finally, on the 6/23 or 6/24 I call again (the supervisor apologized and said that she was unsure why they had not received the report. But the report and part was in and she booked the appointment for the 6/27. The Service guy comes without the part and say he cannot fix the microwave. They set it up as a new appt for review not a fix. I am livid at this point. I call, they don't know whats going on and tell me a supervisor will call me. Not surprised they did not.

On 6/29 I call and they tell me that the item is not covered under the warranty because it was a structural issue not mechanical. So, I am beyond confused because it was never told to me that they would not cover structural issues. I asked how would I have known this. They said it should have been told to me with I placed the request. I asked for a supervisor and I did not receive a call until today 7/2. The supervisor who gave me a phony name Andrea ** after I asked for it at the end of my call. She didn't want to give me her last name but admitted it should have been told to me that the warranty does not include structural damage when I bought the service as well as when I called to book appt. (neither happened) so she said, "Sorry for the mix up. Nothing we can do and not sure what you want me to say." I was beyond mad at how empathetic she was about the run around I received after 32 days.

So I asked for my $75.00 deductible back. She said she could not because that was paid to the provider for coming out to look at microwave. I said, "The service that would have never happened if I was told that the door would not be covered when I called in." She said yes. Even though the appt should not have been booked, I still owed the company for coming out to do absolutely nothing and she would not refund me.

I have been with Sears for over 20 years, All of my appliances throughout my entire house bought from Sears. My first kitchen remodeled, completed by Sears. This is hands down the worst experience I have ever had. I see after many views of Sears warranty, I am not the only one with this issue. Please investigate Sears. I am researching to see if there is a class action regarding the service being provided and for excluding pertinent information you need to know when signing up for the warrant and especially when you ask, what is it I should know that I am not asking about this warranty.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I cannot begin to express just how awful and deceptive this company is in their selling practices. While you don't sign anything, this is definitely a "contract" from their perspective. They may tell you that you can cancel at any time without penalty but that's an outright lie. Your pamphlet will tell you otherwise and that's what you can trust. Do not trust their technicians and salespeople who will contradict everything that they send you in writing. On top of this, Sears is over the top slow. Even if you tell them everything that they need to do, they will send technicians without the parts to do it. This is a company that exists to sell you a warranty. Repair and service is optional... and not really to be expected. I plan on complaining to my state AG about this terrible company.

Original review: July 2, 2018

WARNING!!! DO NOT USE Sears appliance repair!!! Unless you want nothing done and get charged. I scheduled a $99 washer and dryer maintenance check. All the technician did was turn on the machines and checked the lint screen in the dryer. He was suppose to arrive between 1 and 5pm, he arrived at 10am. Absolutely inconveniencing me.

According to the owner's manual for the dryer, lint from the dryer cabinet needs to be checked every 2 years by a professional, if it is not checked this can result in a fire hazard. The dryer cabinet was not checked. The ad for the service said parts will be lubricated to ensure optimal performance, nothing was lubricated on the washer or dryer. The ad said connections would be checked for leaks, nothing was checked. The ad said parts would be checked for wear and tear, nothing was checked. The ad said internal components of the washer would be cleaned, nothing was cleaned. The ad said mildew buildup would be removed from the washer, this was not done.

What was done and I am so angry at myself for doing it was to pay the technician by check. When I saw he wasn't doing anything but turn the machines on I questioned him. He said there is really nothing else which can be done. I was furious but figured it wasn't his fault. It is SEARS' fault for poor training and greed. I filed a complaint that day. I was told someone would get back to me within 24 hours. This is day 4, I have called twice for an update and was told they are working on it. Please don't use Sears, they are nothing like the company they used to be. I can go on but am too annoyed!!! Sears may be proud of themselves for stealing my $104.56 but in the long run they are the losers. I will never give them another dime of my business. I truly hope you don't either.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I placed an online order for Sears 5/20/2018. On 6/7/2018 I called them to see about an item that I still had not received. I was told it was on back order, they cancelled the order told me that I would be receiving a refund within 10 days. That phone call took 35 MINUTES of my time. I received an email from Sears confirming this. On 6/30/2018 I still have NOT received my refund. I called their customer service and after many times of being placed on hold was told that I was being transferred to a supervisor. I waited on hold even longer, no one ever came back on the line. In total I spent another 40 MINUTES on the phone only to be left on hold, no supervisor ever answered. I have not received my refund and I have wasted over an hour of my time with Sears Customer Service. They cancelled my order, now they need to refund my money. No wonder Sears is going out of business.

Original review: July 1, 2018

We bought Sears warranty and air handler for our air conditioner went out. It has been about 6 weeks that we have been waiting for it to be repaired. They finally found someone to come out to check it after telling us there was no one in our area. They finally found someone after I told them where to look. It has been about 4 weeks since that and they keep giving us the run-a-round. They finally sent us an email a week ago giving us the option of taking money and using another company or using repairman that had come to check unit. We told them we did not want money, we wanted AC fixed. They said they would order the air handler and ship to AC company. Every time I call them they keep giving me a different date for when they ordered it. I definitely would not recommend the company and definitely will not renew warranty.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Order mattress from Sears. Called to return the day after. Said I would have to wait 31 days before I could return and they charge over $400.00 to return. SO much for 30 day guaranteed! I can guarantee you that you will pay for that guarantee... DO NOT PURCHASE FROM SEARS. DAMAGED AND WRONG SIZE. WILL NOT GUARANTEE WITHOUT YOU PAYING ADDITIONAL MONEY.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Ordered my 90 year old mother in law a new mattress from the Amarillo Store. The mattress came and was so firm that she couldn't sleep on it. She tried it for 3 days. She went to the store and was given a number to call and was assured that they would take care of the problem. I called the number and spoke to several persons in their "Mattress Comfort Department". They informed me that she would have to keep the mattress for 30 days.

Jai was one of the ones I spoke to. He told me that he would make sure that he noted that the mattress would not be exchange until the 31 day. And we should have tried the mattress before we bought it. Another representative said I should call an American store if I wanted to talk to someone that spoke English. I took great offence to that. I tried calling the store no one answered and no one called me back.

My mother in law got a call from the store and they asked her to come in and they would get it straight. After about an hour, they finally told her that she would have to keep the mattress for 30 days from the date of delivery. The person on the other end would not budge on the policy. We were not explained the policy and how do you try a mattress before you buy it. We did ask if she could return it if it was not what she wanted. We were assured it would be no problem. It has become a nightmare.

Original review: June 27, 2018

On Dec 14, 2017 I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator, a washer and dryer. The refrigerator arrived with a broken seal around the door and could not keep the fridge cold. They sent a replacement which sometime in March the cooling board broke and was repaired. On May 19th 2018 the fridge stopped cooling, on the 21st the repair man came out saying it was the cooling board again. On June 6th I called due to a recorded message on my phone that the part was on back order until July 5th and had to reschedule for the repair.

I was told that I would have to wait until June 21st to ask for a replacement because the part was on order and July 5th was an estimated date. On June 21st I called and finally I received a $602 credit and $160 in reward points on my Sears Account. On the June 24th I went to the store to pick out a replacement which was delivered on the 26th with some scratches, I told the delivery people I would not accept it and they responded that they could not take it back and left with unit in the middle of the kitchen and nothing installed. Then, I chose to install the handles and just keep it since the scratches were in the back and would be hidden by the kitchen cabinets (it had been 38 days with no refrigerator so I thought it's better than nothing).

This morning I check the temperature and this fridge does not work; the freezer set at the coldest setting only cools to about 20 degrees and the fridge at coldest setting cools at around 48 degrees. It's 5 hours later now and still at the same temperatures (been about 24 hours, they should be cooler at 0 and 35). I went to the store and was told to call the 800 number. I called the 800 number, first I was promised a $1,098.99 refund on my Visa Card. Today (the 27th) I called Sears Solutions and was told that they knew nothing about a refund and the best they could do was come to retrieve the unit and get no money back or get another replacement. I called Customer Care and was told I had to go to the store because it was purchased at the store not on-line. So I guess Sears' stance is stay with us or get nothing in the end.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I recently purchased a Sears Master warranty plan for my water heater. I thought when it failed Sears would come thru with repairs or replacement. Well, the tech came over the same day and diagnosed the heater needed to be replaced. Okay, so I called the warranty number, and that's when I started to get the runaround. First, Sears doesn't actually cover water heaters. It contracts that out to a third party. And they don't want to be bothered with your problem. They said find a water heater, have it installed, and they will give me about what it costs for a new one. But, no installation costs, even though the contract clearly says installation is included with a replacement. Also, the new one will not be covered by my existing plan because they did not install it. Long story short, don't trust Sears with your water heater, or anything else. Buy a home warranty plan from some other group, and leave Sears plans in the past.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Not impressed with Sears! I would not advise anyone I know to buy a Kenmore appliance and especially the warranty. We have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator with freezer on bottom. Bought it new two years ago and also pay a monthly fee for a service warranty. The freezer stopped working early Sunday morning and the refrigerator followed by the end of the day. (Nothing like NO cold water or ice in hot Las Vegas temperatures.) I put in an online request for service and was told someone would come out THURSDAY. (4 days from the time it pooped out and our food and perishables already need to be tossed out.)

I called the phone number on the confirmation page this morning to BEG for someone to come out before Thursday, only to be told 'Thursday is the soonest to get out there.' Do these people not understand how much money is involved in all the milk, vegetables, meat, etc... That is now bad and can't be used? Our mistake was going with the Kenmore brand for the refrigerator/freezer. An appliance like this should NOT break in two years time. A very disappointed customer.

**UPDATE: After my initial call this morning and being told no one can come out sooner than Thursday, I got on the CHAT page and went back and forth with someone. He could feel my frustration and ire and said he would send an email off right away to the district manager and someone would contact us. Over 6 hours later, no calls have come. No emails either. We called another number for service this employee gave us and were told the SAME line: "No one can come sooner than this Thursday." This is completely unacceptable.

We pay - and have been paying for 2 years - a monthly service fee of $49.99 - or close to - for coverage when one of the major appliances break down. The refrigerator shouldn't be broke down after 2 years to begin with. I would never, ever, buy another Kenmore product and I would not pay for a home warranty again through them. All the money wasted on the food in the refrigerator and freezer is making me ill. Thanks a lot Sears.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have been contacting Sears to repair my wall oven. Initially they came in to repair and the person who came reported that she cannot repair it and requested to replace it. This has been going on for more than three months. When I call Sears Home warranty number, they asked me to call another number in service department. Then when I phone the service department number they refer me to the number I have phoned already. It is never ending loop. Right now as I write this, I am trying to contact them for the 15th time. They put me on hold and still waiting. When I told them to cancel my account, they told me to talk to the manager. For the last 30 minutes I have been on hold. Even though they do not repair as they are supposed to according to the warranty, they keep charging me the membership fees for the service that I never receive.

Original review: June 26, 2018

A few months ago I had my dryer looked at. While the Tech guy there he told me about Sears Home Warranty. He explained how if something broke MY ONLY cost would be the $100 deductible. My hot water heater failed. The plumber came and then talked to Sears. I was covered. But Sears said I had to pay for an additional two hours of labor ($160). I called and said "What happened to the ONLY $100." I was told it is the contract. Bottom line folks. Sears lied when they sold me this. Buyer Beware.

Sears Company Information