4.0/5 (739 ratings)

About Sears

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: July 18, 2022

I purchased a freezer from American Freight along with a master protection warranty in Jan 2021. The freezer went out on Oct 1 of 2021. Several (6 plus) service repairs later I finally, on June 14th 2022 had a repair man deem it unrepairable and it is to be replaced according to the warranty. Case filed and case number created on June 21, 2022. I've now been waiting for the product replacement to be approved and July 18th I have received nothing. Every call I get another person telling me another story.

7/7 Fernando told me they were waiting for the tech's district manager to approve the replacement. 7/18 spoke to Dylan who said the escalations team was waiting for the approval and he would contact their manager. 7/18 Humbert transferred me to a manager and left me on hold for an hour then hung up. 7/18 Heidie said she is sending something to the product replacement team, who is waiting for a decision, and to give it 3 business days and she is confident it will be resolved.

It is so obvious they have their go to script just to get you off the line. Meanwhile, no one is getting any products replaced or repaired properly. There is no way to get my freezer replaced if they never complete the process and it's impossible to get anyone to give you a straight answer. No managers will ever take your call since they are "in a meeting or will call you back" which never happens. The master protection warranty states this is worry free coverage with a replacement guarantee. "If we can't fix it, we'll replace it and continue coverage to the new item".

Master protection warranty doesn't protect anything and $950 I spent on a freezer & warranty was a waste. Sears just stole almost $1000 of my hard earned money. Since I'm a widow and only have my income this was a hard hit to my wallet. I do a physical job and work damn hard to have some corporation steal my money! It's a disgrace!!!

Original review: July 16, 2022

We had our HVAC unit installed in 2011 with Sears and it was followed up with a "Whole Home Warranty" with Sears. Throughout the years we called them to do maintenance and clean up on the HVAC unit. In 2022 I requested service regarding insufficient cooling in the residence. Sears dispatched the service technician upon diagnosing the HVAC unit. It was determined the evaporator coil was dirty. I suggested could the technician clean the coil and he responded "It needed to be replaced". The technician stated since we had it installed back in 2011 with Sears that it was time to have it replaced. I told him we had the best Extended Warranty with Sears as you can see in the attachments below that I am paying $69.99 every month since 2011 and the tech told me he would place the order for the coil.

Two days later the tech called me and said "Sears was not going to replace the coil". I then asked why? His response was Sears said it was a lack of maintenance, but the tech said the coil was well over 10 years old. I told the tech this is why we paid for the Extended Home Warranty and during the process of applying for the warranty it was explained after 1st 30 days of getting the Extended Home Warranty would cover things of this nature. (stove, refrigerator, HVAC, etc...)

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I have been dealing with this company for a year now, service is horrible. The wait time is unbelievable once they answer you’re being transferred. They change the appointment times the same day they’re supposed to show up. They have been to my home 5 days n a row for the same problem. I need to speak with someone in corporate. They makes sure they take their money out on time. Don’t get this home warranty company.

Original review: June 28, 2022

Purchased some clothes from TheMogan, who is part of Sears.com. Had problem after problem with the order, and Sears took ZERO responsibility for any of it. Couldn't get in touch with TheMogan, spent COUNTLESS hours doing live chat with Sears, calling Sears, doing live chat with Sears, calling Sears, etc and they promised me that TheMogan would get my messages/that they would relay the messages to TheMogan. Had to get my bank involved to get anything done with this. WASTE of time, WASTE of money. NEVER AGAIN will I order from Sears.com. This has been a NIGHTMARE.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I ordered a microwave and oven combo appliance from them 10 months back. Its took so long for that to keep in stock (I assume due to supply chain issue). When it became available, they were not able to find an installer (even after charging me full amount at the time of order). After waiting for multiple weeks, we asked for our order to be converted to a delivery. Instead of working with us, they cancelled it without even informing us.

A refund was issued, but due to some mistake on their end, they charged back my credit card. It's been almost a month since that happened and I am still struggling to get my money back. Every time I contact them, they tell me that my issue has been escalated and I will have to wait for another 2-3 business days (this has already happened >7 times). I am really upset about the service they have provided to me. I am regretting the decision of ordering such a costly appliance from them. But I am happy I am not getting it from them anymore, as I am sure they will be as horrible in post sale service/warranty.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I would give it a 0 if I could. I had an appliance repair for my mother scheduled. They gave me incorrect information. One of the times I actually somehow got a person the guy said he'd expedite a review. I never got a response. I did one more time get a real person and she told me that the amount was written off and for me to write to searscares@searshc.com. I did with no response. I subsequently got another bill. I again wrote to searscares and to searsnschelp again with no response. I have tried calling corporate headquarters (routes into the same automated telephone system), customer support, tried chat, and to the company on the bill which also routes to an automated system. I have no way to resolve this. It has been going on since March 30.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Absolutely awful company. We have a 5 year warranty on our washing machine,that was purchased a few years ago. When we finally needed to use the warranty that we purchased the following happened: March 2. Came and diagnosed washer with oil leak underneath (washer still useable) March 13. Came with new part but realized he needed to take middle part out and could not get it out so told me he is going to order the middle part. (Washer still worked) March 22 came with middle part, broke out the middle piece and could not get bolt off. Then told me he was going to put in for a new washer (washer don't work now cause he busted out the middle piece). Called sears and they said they will send me a voucher for 50$ for laundromat!! (Never seen it to this day.) So called March 23 to see status and told me that I have to wait 48 hours to hear from them.

So the same day called the technician that was at my house. Sean was his name and he told me to call his office which I did 4124691966 and talk to Kiersten. She said she put the claim in right away. March 24-26 called sears and got told had to wait 3-7 days. Again waiting. March 28 called Kiersten and got told the claim is getting put in right now (which it was supposed to be put in on the 23). She said wait 3-7 days. Wait again?!!! AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, this warranty is not worth the money and the company as well. I ended up purchasing a brand new washing machine, because I have a family of 7 and needed to do laundry, from Lowe's. I would never recommend Sears, they do not live up to their word.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I purchased a hot water heater from Sears 3 yrs ago because I mistakenly thought they were reliable when it came to repairing their products. It started leaking small amounts of water so I called for a repair. 5 days for them to get someone to my home. In the meantime the leak is getting worse. On the day of repair no one showed up and no one called to tell me they weren't coming. Finally reached someone via chat who minimized the no show, attempted to placate me with an appointment for 2 more days and tried to avoid founding the amount of the repair I had already paid. Not to mention they never told me to turn the heater off so for 5 days the heater is burning up all the propane trying to heat a continuously filling heater. Thus costing me more money. This is not the sears I remember and I will definitely not be buying anything from them again.

Original review: March 21, 2022

UPDATED 03/23/2022: If you want to waste your time on hold for several hours then Sears is champion for moving you from department to department when each time you are put on hold for another hour despite assurances that you will be directly connected. Apart from struggling to understand the foreign customer support representatives I would rate Sears "NO STARS" if I could. Incompetent organization with no understand what Customer Support is meant to be - STAY AWAY FROM SEARS!! BTW I eventually gave up after two days trying to get them to undo their mistake and been on the phone on hold for a combined 8 hrs. YES 8 "EFN" hrs! In the end I cancelled and took a $ loss instead of going through the pain of another hold marathon with them.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Sears customer service is non existent and lacks any quality. Wait time on the phone is so long and they blame it on COVID!! No. Your service sucked well before COVID so nothing has changed there. OK the issue..... Sears instead of transferring our account from an older property to our current property set up a new account on the new property and left the account on the old property activated. We ended up paying 2x for a service call and they sent a technician to the older property, literally spent 3 hrs on day 1 then we are another 2 hrs to try to get Sears to correct their mistake. One they created but we are paying for. My advice stay clear of Sears home warranty or as a company they are useless!!

Original review: March 19, 2022

In 2010, we purchased an LG refrigerator from Sears--that was our first mistake. It has been nothing but trouble. The icemaker freezes up repeatedly. After the first time of needing repair, we purchased a Master Protection Agreement. While it always took a while to get a repair person for service, it would be fixed. 18 months ago, the compressor went out. While it took a while, the compressor was replaced.

A month ago, the icemaker stopped working. I called, a week later a repair person showed up. He sent about 3 minutes inside our home. I told him the icemaker wasn't working. Without opening the refrigerator, he told me it was the compressor. He then ordered parts and scheduled a repair appointment for 2 1/2 weeks later. He showed up replaced the compressor and left. 24 hours later, the icemaker was still not working and the freezer was barely keeping ice frozen. Called again, a week later the same guy came back, told me that he needed to order more parts, that sometimes in the process of repairing other parts stop working (doesn't make sense to me, but that is what he said). Another week to order parts and return. New guy shows up, he installs parts and says to my husband, "I don't think this is going to solve the problem. You should ask for a replacement." It didn't. Now it is not even keeping ice frozen.

I called and asked for a replacement. We have to have 4 "functional repairs" in one year. We have had 3. I was told they would send a repair person in a week--parts would be ordered--perhaps even parts we had already replaced and then when/if it didn't work we could start the replacement process which would take several weeks. I asked if it was acceptable with Sears for us to be without a refrigerator for 6 weeks and apparently it is. They will do nothing to work with you or expedite repairs. We purchased a new refrigerator yesterday. It will be delivered in 3 days. I will be canceling my repair appointment at the very last minute. And never dealing with Sears Home Services again.

Sears Company Information