2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.02/5
Based on 3,849 ratings submitted in the last year

Sears Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My wife and I had our oven go bad. We have a in home service contract so the repair person (nice guy) tried to get it repaired but it was not repairable. So our contract with SEARS had the company contact us to tell us we had a credit for $1494. We first went to the outlet store in Oceanside where Jason went out of his way to help us. We couldn't find what we wanted so we went to the Escondido store in North County Fair. We had Terry (sales check # **) wait on us. WHAT GREAT SERVICE!!!! Talk about going out of the way. Holy cow. My compliments to your company. This is why we go to the North County Fair store. Keep it open please. Tom **, Valley Center, CA

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I purchased a gift of jewelry online recently and it was an outstanding experience. I found a great buy for cultured pearl stud earrings, perfect for a friend of mine for Christmas. Shopping online was simple and quick. I placed the order within a few seconds, and received an immediate confirmation. Sears sent frequent tracking updates so I could observe the shipping process without even having to enter tracking information. It was a great purchase and service process.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

That day I woke up and had coffee. While having coffee, I remembered I needed pants. I drove to Sears and asked the salesperson where the men's pants were. She then led me to them. She was very nice. I tried them on, they fit and I bought them.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I placed an order through Sears with KingLinen, that I then cancelled within 5 mins. I contacted Kinglinen and FedEx because Sears did not stop the order. KingLinen had the order sent anyway and after FedEx came and got the never obtained package, KingLinen would NOT give me my full refund. Sears did nothing but put it in KingLinen. And let me add KingLinen does not have a return policy on Sears website, so it states:Sears will use their policy if one is not provided. That was not the case! Sears would not take the unwanted package not get my full refund. I contacted KingLinen where I was hung up on several times before contacting my credit card company for my return. The worse customer service I have ever dealt with, so if you want to give them your money, place an order, but I will never make a purchase from Sears not KingLinen again!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

On December 21, 2019 I had an appointment to get my washing machine fixed since it was making a very loud noise. The Technician came and verified the appliance and informed me that he was ordering 4 parts in order to fix it. He ordered the parts on the same day and left me an estimate of the order which was $1,303.56 in parts and $282 in labor for a total of $1,585.56. He also informed that all cost would be cover by my Master Protection Agreement (MPA). It was hard to believe that they were going to spend $1,585.56 to fix my washer when it actually cost about $650.

Today, January 23, 2020 (over a month waiting for the appliance to me fixed) I was informed that 2 of the 4 parts were still in backlog and they did not know when they would be available. So, I requested that the appliance be replaced since according to the terms and conditions of the MPA if the parts could not be found Sears would replace the appliance for a similar one. I was told that in my case I qualified for them to offer me a new washing machine but that there was a “hold” in the system that prevented them to process my claim.

I asked to talk to a supervisor and was told that he was not available. They told me to call back in 3 or 4 days. I also requested that the supervisor turn my call and never received it. This situation has turned into a nightmare and I’ve never had to deal with a situation like this before. I can’t even explain how angry, frustrated and dissatisfied I am with the customer service. I been a Sears customer for over 40 years, but they are not the service providers they once used to be.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I would have to state at this point after giving Sears Home Repair service 3 (yes 3!) opportunities to fix my dryer and them collecting fees - NOT TO USE THEM. FOR ANYTHING. 3 Visits, fees, stating everything is fine and it isn't - - - most of you know I am smart enough to know when there is an issue with a dryer...and $325.00 for a $110.00 part off the Internet with a 2-day delivery time? I checked in the mirror and I don't have the word "IDIOT" tattooed in my forehead. Horrible service, long delays, excessive "diagnostic" fees, long waits for parts, overpriced parts - - typical big repair service BS. The Sears ship is sinking and the Home Service is the anchor that will beat it to the bottom. And then the audacity to try and sell a home warranty system that doesn't "charge diagnostic fees" but charges a deductible with this kind of service? NOT!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Sears sent repair guys who were incompetent. Plus, it kept breaking again & again & again, so they had Gaul to demand we re-up the warranty coverage in order to fix it, when it should have been replaced! They spaced out their appointments to make sure our coverage would expire before they'd fix it for good. Nasty! Do NOT even think of using them! Best Buy is much, much, much more reliable & honest.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Sears online is a total scam. I ordered something and it went to a third party without my knowledge. They sent me the wrong product then would not provide a shipping label to return. Sears won't take it back in store since it's not their product. It costs almost as much to ship it back as it was to buy it. So I am totally scammed.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I had a laminate flooring put in less than a year ago. Was told by a Sears salesman that it was durable easy care. It was never mentioned it required special care. Ever Since it was initially Put in I have had multiple problems with it. The flooring has never been flushed. It keeps coming up. This last time I had someone come out they said the could see the floor needed to be redone. That he was going to suggest to the company that be done, he asked me what I used to clean the floor. I showed him it was a Lieberman mop. These mops squeeze out all the water. I recently received a letter denying my request for repair saying it was the method I used to clean my floor with.

I called and spoke to a supervisor by the name of Davi; she was not willing to hear me out. She just talked over me. She said I was supposed to use a swifter. No one told me this; if I had known these floors required this special attention I would have never purchased it: for it being a $3000.00 floor I would expect better quality and not so high maintenance. I tried going up the chain of command but of course they did not want to take responsibility so I am left with a high maintenance floor.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

So couple months ago (first week of November 2019 to be exact), our Samsung Washing Machine broke, we heard a little explosion sound, and then the machine just stopped... with that said, we called Sears Home Service. I think we were able to schedule a technician to come over in around 10 days. The technician was really nice and we actually had quite a time talking about life and what not to buy in the future for washing machine… He then told me that the part wasn’t unavailable in his system, so he would have to order it (note that he ordered it right in front of me), and then asked me for the diagnostic charge, $109.

He told me it would normally take the parts’ department around 3 business days to do a research and if they can’t find the parts, that means that they will go ahead and contact me via email or phone and see if we want money back to buy a new one, or get a replacement. In the meantime, since I had to go back to Hong Kong for 2.5 weeks, I told him to just schedule December 10th for the next appointment.

December 8th ish come by, that’s when I got back from Hong Kong – I was like… where is the parts, and where is the email that I was promised. Nothing, of course. With that said, I called Sears Home Service and let them know I was waiting for the part, and if I am going to get the replacement since it seems like they can’t find the part. The representative over the phone jokingly said that, that is NOT how it works… and then I was like, that’s exactly what your technician told me when he was here?! And guess what I got after this? She told me that she wasn’t able to find the previous service on their system, and that the part was NEVER requested nor ordered. End up I 3-way the technician in, had him talked to the representative over the phone, still… nothing got done, and we had to canceled and rescheduled the service because we have no parts.

About 30 minutes later, another technician called and asked about my situation, and I told him about the whole part situation… he said that the part was not ordered and he didn’t know what the f his colleague was doing the first time, so he ended up drove over reluctantly to check on the machine, and then reordered the parts again. That was right around December 8 or 9th ish as I remembered. I then asked him when would be the earliest that I can get the washing machine fixed, he told me January 6, 2020 was the earliest, and since I really didn’t really have other choice, I reluctantly had to agree.

Over the next couple of weeks in December, the parts came – and don’t forget, I was still paying my $69.99/month fee, even though I wasn’t getting any benefits in the meantime. So the real story comes… On January 6, 2020, I was expecting a technician would show up between 8 and noon, and with that said, I have decided to work from home that morning so that I can stay at home to handle the service, I have waited until around 10:45am, and I decided to call Sears Home Service and see when the technician will show up. THAT’S WHEN I FOUND OUT THEY HAVE RESCHEDULED MY SERVICE CALL TO JANUARY 18, 2020 WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

I was angry, so I wanted to get to the bottom of it and asked… but guess what? I got pushed around like a ball that no one wants, and not a single soul was able to answer my question. I think I must have got transferred to around 4-5 different departments? So after around 30-45 minutes, I know that January 6, 2020 service was not something that they can do, so I requested the next day available, which I was told was January 9, 2020. Deep down in my heart I was like… sure, couple more days, fine. I told the representative to send me the confirmation email, and he said he would send it. I believe his name was Brian.

On January 7, 2020, I still haven’t received the email that Brian promised, so with that said, I called again. I was then told that current service date was still January 18, and no request was made on the 9th. And this time I politely asked if we can do January 10 and she said yes, and this time, confirmation email came. At around 1:45 pm PST today (January 9, 2020) – I received an email from Sears Home Service, confirming my appointment… and I was like, finally I can get this monster fixed.

AND GUESS WHAT?! At around 9:36 pm PST the same day, I received yet another email saying my appointment has been rescheduled, to January 15… SERIOUSLY?! This is why you are having SO MUCH NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS SEARS!! I am seriously thinking to just sell the broken machine, and just go ahead and buy another machine without ever talking to you guys anymore! Suggestions, anyone – the SO-CALLED customer service at Sears Home Service?!

Today is January 15, 2020, and I was promised that the technician was going to be here, and later on I was told that the technician showed up and no one was there. The matter was that, I was at home all day long since midnight and woke up at around 7am PST, waiting for the technician. I was then told that someone within the scheduling department was going to call me, but again, no one call. As I called in to cancel, I was then transferred to 4 different departments, and was again, left with nothing done, meaning the cancellation.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Sears Company Information