3.12/5
Based on 4,045 ratings submitted in the last year

6135 Sears Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2019

Ordered a pressure washer from Sears online. Checked out with PayPal and received several emails from Sears Holding Company with the status of my order. This status included a tracking number, order number, and my name with address and phone number. When the tracking number was entered into the FedEx tracking system, it states my order was delivered to an address in Colorado. I live in Connecticut. No one in customer service can help me of course.. My phone number, order number, and tracking number can't be found in the system. No surprise there; spent 3 hour on hold trying to contact the Sears online customer service.. No answer. I will never attempt to buy from these guys ever again. Back in the day, Sears was the pinnacle... Now they are just pathetic. RIP!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Table and chair set was priced at $269 and nowhere on the website was there any indication/statement that the price was just for the table. If fact it was just the opposite as everything indicated that Sears was selling the whole five piece set for $269. But neither Sears nor the seller (GwG Outlet) would honor the advertised price and they canceled our order. In so doing they may have violated the law. Have photo of web page as proof.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Let's just say you need to hire someone with a better attitude and knowledge of product warranty and how to search up a customer. Spoke to someone who claims her name is Sweet, she needs to be fired. Asked to speak to a supervisor or someone higher up, she didn't say anything and just transferred me to a busy line. So guess who was on hold for 30 freaking minutes when I just want my damn jewelry repaired but no one act like they can do their damn job. I'm honestly disgusted with this company.

Original review: June 12, 2019

We purchased our ring through Sears. Found out that it was a third party company. We received our ring within a week and found out the ring was too big. We submitted a exchange ticket for a smaller size. They responded and gave us the address to mail the ring back. I paid for the shipping for it to be sent back. I was told it was a 6 days turn around. After 3 weeks and barely any communication from Sears or the third party company who finally responded and told me that because of the holiday there was a delay in shipping the ring back out and that the ring had been shipped back out.

We never received the ring. When I finally told them that I was filing a complaint with the BBB and police and wanted a refund after 4 weeks they submitted a partial refund through PayPal and will no longer respond. The policy is for the customer to pay restocking if returning the ring we wanted an exchange. We kept notifying them our wedding was getting closer and they would not respond.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Our refrigerator stopped working in early February 2019 (bought in July 2014). Sears sent technician, got it fixed, then stopped working again every one to two weeks. Finally after two months going back and forth, the technician said it cannot be fixed and he will put in for a replacement. Did not hear anything for 3 weeks, called their customer service, referred to "Customer Solutions" department overseas, was informed that the replacement was approved, just waiting for the dollar amount, then we started getting denial emails.

Every time it is the same canned email that we don't have warranty. We went back and forth at least 10 times. Talked to Customer Solutions, confirmed it was approved, the next day or a few hours later got denial email with no explanation on why it was not covered under the 5 year exceptional part warranty. Never can escalate to a supervisor. It is the most frustration experience. No wonder they are in bankruptcy. We will never buy again from Sears.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: June 12, 2019

Sears home repair service, once a staple, has unraveled. I'm now on my 5th attempt to get my ice maker repaired, this after shelling out $99 for the repair fee. The repairman failed to fix it after two attempts. I re-scheduled two additional times but no one showed, this after staying home from work each time. Sears refused to refund the $99 fee essentially because we did not purchase a warranty for yet more $$$$. Sears repair used to be the go to, but I suppose since the bankruptcy, service and reputation have flown out of the window. Still trying to book an appointment for which someone shows up.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I called to have a serviceperson come to my house and fix our washing machine that we've only had for 2 years, spent $1,700 on and suddenly it broke. The service was scheduled to happen yesterday 06/10 between 1pm and 5pm. I took off work to be there for the appointment. No one ever came. I called in at 4:30 to see where they were and the automated system advised my serviceman would be there between 5pm and 7pm. No one ever came. I call this morning to see what happened and the automated system tells me my appointment is set for Thursday 06/13. My question is Why. Why wouldn't they let me know something has changed? Why didn't they call me at all and why am I losing money and wasting my time with this company? Save yourself the headache. Call a different company for your repairs and don't shop at Sears. Their product was and is a piece of crap.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased this mattress below online. It was delivered on 6/8/19. The quality was poor. It was not firm. There was a dip in the middle. The wire was protruding around the edges, as if it was going to break through the fabric. I called for a return on 6/8/19 and was told to call the mattress center at 888-566-5561 on 6/9/19. On 6/9/19 I was told to call on 6/10/19. I spoke to Sylvia on 6/10. I was told I could exchange the mattress for another one and the delivery fee would be waived. To return it, the mattress MUST stay in my home for 30 days and I would be charged ANOTHER $69.95 DELIVERY FEE!.

I was told I could not return it to the Sears store to avoid the additional fee. I could however purchase another mattress and the delivery fee would be waived. I felt so violated! The product was INFERIOR! Purchasing another mattress was $90 more. I trusted in Sears for appliances and mattresses in the past. Not anymore! I just told my coworkers about this. One was going to Sears to buy a mattress. Now he's going to Costco.

Serta Lehmann Euro Top Firm Full Mattress
Condition: New
Sold by SEARS
Sears Return Policy
Mfr# 500551176-1030
Part# 08290488000
KSN: 4222180

UPC: 747935818675ve purchased all my mattresses from Sears

Original review: June 8, 2019

On a Friday, I called Sears for a Water Heater that was 20 years old and began emitting a natural gas odor. I didn't get an appointment for 5 days. The day of my appointment, I noticed on an email sent to me that they were sending an HVAC contractor for a "Furnace" and not a plumber for my Water Heater. I quickly called and after 2 hours fighting through their terrible phone system, got to talk to a supervisor. (a miracle) That person did get a plumber out that evening. The plumber they sent had not tools with him to test for a gas leak. Huh! He did determine that he felt the water heater was leaking gas and because of its age should be replaced.

I called the next morning to see if the contractor was going to come to replace the water heater that day. I was told by the contractor that Sears would not replace the 20 year old water heater and would only replace the burner. AND that it would take 4 days to get the parts. This meant that I had to shut down the gas to the water heater and go without hot water until the part came in.

My brother-in-law lives with us and he has cancer. I asked the plumber to plea my case and and try to get us help. He did so, and was told by Sears that if they could "not find the 'parts' for the water heater in 24 hours that they would replace the water heater". Well...24 hours came and went. After many calls to the contractor and trying to get through to Sears, nothing happened. They did nothing. No concern about a fire from a gas leak, or the health of a person with cancer. Wow! I will be cancelling my Sears Home Warranty and going with another company that is a little bit more money, but I have experience with. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE SEARS HOME WARRANTY.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Sears used to be the best. Not so much anymore. Over the past 6 months I have had cause to contact them twice. Both times have been horrible disappointments. The first was when my upright freezer stopped working. I called around and was informed by Sears online, that the local store had a similar capacity unit at a price I could afford and was assured that they would deliver it. So off I went. When I got there, they only had ONE freezer that I could buy and take home right then and it was much smaller, has no light and is not frost free. Everything else on the floor was "Order and pay for it and then wait for delivery to the store before you can pick it up." and "No. We don't deliver. Sorry." But, I was over a barrel because all my food was thawing and NO ONE in town had a freezer I could buy right then at a price I could afford. The ONLY other one was nearly $2,000!

The next problem was my my LG all-in-one washer-dryer. 5 years ago when it died, I went through - or rather my warranty company went through - half a dozen idiots until I called Sears on my own and they got it fixed. So, when it malfunctioned again, who did I call? Sears! The 'call fee' was $89 to 'diagnose' the problem. Ok, not horrid but a little higher than I'm used to. The tech that arrived was incredibly rude. Nothing overt, but looking down his nose at me, talking down to me and talking over me, that sort of thing. I tried to explain what I knew was happening - the clothes were coming out wet but ONLY when I used the dry cycle so the pump was working fine - so he didn't have to re-invent the wheel and his response was "I'll decide what the problem is after I examine the machine." He then turned his back on me indicating that I had been 'dismissed from his presence'. So I left.

A while later, he came up to my office and announced that the problem was that I hadn't cleaned out the intake hoses?! That's not in the maintenance manual. Why would I need to clean out hoses running clean water? The filter, the drain hoses - those have to be cleaned, but intake? Well, whatever. I paid him and told him I'd call back if my problem wasn't fixed. When I went downstairs a bit later, I found that he had moved my drying rack off the top of the machine and had not returned it to its location. Moreover, he'd moved the machine out into the room so he could access the back of it and didn't move it back! What sort of person does that sort of thing to an elderly woman with a leg injury who, obviously, can't be expected to move the machine back into place.

Worse, my clothes were still coming out wet - not damp which is how they would come out of the wash cycle after the spin and before the dry cycle - and not misty which is how they are supposed to come out of the dry cycle in this type of machine - but WET! Which is WHY I had called in the first place. So, the problem WASN'T fixed despite his ever so smug assurances to the contrary. So, I called Sears back, and, after trudging through their 'call center' for nearly 30 minutes where the employees do NOT speak English well enough to readily understand or be understood, I was able to get a call-back from a manager (several hours later) in Customer Care where I filed a complaint against the tech. They apologized, promised me a new 'master technician' would be assigned, and I wouldn't be charged a second fee for the re-diagnosis.

They sent a new tech out who, I am sorry to say, was completely out of his depth. First, he tried to charge me another diagnostic fee. I told him I'd already paid it and this was a re-visit because the first guy didn't do the job right. So he verified and I wasn't charged, but he should have had that information at the outset. Second, and more importantly, He didn't even recognize the machine for what it was! He said "Is this it? It looks like a washer." I explained that it was an LG All in One. His response was "Really? I've never seen one before. This is interesting." THIS is their 'MASTER TECH' - someone who hasn't even seen an all-in-one let alone worked on one?

He took a photo of the plate with the model and serial numbers and started searching for information on it. After about 30 minutes, he came upstairs and informed me that the model and serial numbers are "... only coming up with washer parts." And that he was going to have to "go back and do some research" without any attempt at scheduling a followup appointment. Just a promise to call me to set one up.

Two days later on Thursday, Sears left me a voicemail after 8 pm which is when my phone turns off for the night. So on Friday Morning I get a voicemail telling me they have “Scheduled your technician to arrive between 10 am and 1 pm tomorrow.” Which, of course, it the same day as I received the message. I work from home as a Tax Advocate so all of my meetings with clients are confidential and privileged just like a Doctor or Attorney. I had a client scheduled for the time period the technician was ‘scheduled’ without so much as a courtesy call to verify the time and date with me.

I called to try to reschedule and was given the royal run-around. “You’re his last appointment.” “We can’t change the appointment now.” I even asked for a supervisor who BS’d me some more and gave NO explanation as to why an appointment was scheduled without any communication with me. She said “I realize you have errands to run…” At which point I cut her off and explained vehemently that I wasn’t ‘running errands’ but had a confidential and privileged meeting with a client and could not have a repair person running in and out during the meeting. She apologized but gave no alternative options so, completely fed up, I said, cancel the appointment and refund me my service fee since I haven’t received any service. Her response was “The service fee is non-refundable.” At which point I told her, impolitely, what she could do with her ‘service fee’ and proceeded to call my attorney.

I realize the service fee is ‘non-refundable’ but that is only if one actually received the service for which it is intended which I have still not received. I will never call Sears again. They have become like every other money-grubbing, dishonest and lazy repair service company that takes your money and gives you nothing but frustration and aggravation in return. They are useless.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have tried for weeks to resolve an issue where the lawn mower blade I ordered never arrived. Instead I received a damaged, empty box! Called several times waiting for a representative for as long as 60 minutes!!! Never less than 30 minutes and never spoke to anyone. I have also written 4 emails to 2 different addresses and never even received an acknowledgment!! Worst most frustrating experience ever. They have my money - they don’t care!

Original review: June 5, 2019

I bought the Sears Home Warranty and have kept it current for a few years. The price has went up (only by about 25%) and the service down considerably.

1. The techs that come out are always professional and nice. They are knowledgeable for the most part and they do a good job.

2. I have never been turned down for a claim. I've never had to fight for a claim and they do come through when needed.

Now the bad parts:

3. Getting through their "phone tree" is a nightmare. You will be switched from department to department over and over.

4. As time goes by, the wait times for service gets longer and longer. It used to be about a week before they could get a technician out to fix a problem. Now, it's about three weeks. Imagine going three weeks without a clothes dryer and having to go to the laundry mat. However, they do always send somebody. Sometimes, in the worst case scenarios, they'll send somebody three weeks out only to find out they don't have the right part and then you wait another three weeks for the part to come in the mail and a person to show up and install it. Now imagine going without an appliance for six weeks.

5. When this year's contract is up, I'm going to try Home Shield instead of Sears Home Warranty. There has to be a better turn-around time than waiting on Sears Home Warranty.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I called for a repair on a Kenmore washer. Tech came out and told me that the bearings were gone. I have a service agreement. He said that he would need to order the part and gave me a new date that he would come back. I waited for the date and was then called and asked if the part had arrived. I said, "What do you mean did it arrive? I thought your service company would get the part." They said, "Oh no, it would have been sent to you." We have a tracking number of UPS for you. Call and track it and then call us when it comes in. I went online to track the part and it said that it was due on the 31st of the month, the day of this appointment. Well on the 31st the part was in Shrewsbuy, MA. Shipped 3 days earlier from Indiana.

It was suppose to be here on the 3rd of the next month, so an appointment was made for the 4th. Well UPS tracking on the 3rd said that it was not going to be here until the 4th. A three day lay over in Shrewsbury, MA. Shrewsbury is only about an hour and a half from my town, but it was held up there for 3 days. The service reps. came on the morning of the 4th as schedule, but of course they was no part. They said again when it comes in call Sears. It came to my house at 5 PM. I called Sears repair to let them know and asked for another appointment for the next day. The service rep. told me that a repair man would be there soon. Now it is eight thirty. No repair man and I have tried for the last two hours to get some information as for when to see a repair man.

They say that he is on his way, that he has the repair order. I asked if they could confirm when he might get here but they said the system shows that he has the order and that they cannot tell me anything, but if I wish to call in the morning that they may be able to tell me something, or that I could reschedule the appointment. Between Sears Service and the UPS it seems no one knows anything. Oh UPS charged UPS 3 Day Select for the shipping of the part. That means that they guarantee it would be there in 3 days. Must be that they didn't count the 4 days it was held in their MA. facility. So far it's been almost 2 weeks waiting for this part and repair.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Purchased a top of the line Kenmore washer/dryer in 2015 and the extended in home services warranty. The washer began making noise that was obviously not normal. Called Sears January 2019 to schedule service. Had difficulty getting to the right department and was transferred so many times, then had extended hold times, so I ended up having to call back. Did this several times until finally I could get to the right person to come out (this was beginning of March 2019).

The tech came out and said he had to order parts and would have them delivered to the house and return the following week on Thursday (about 10 days later). Parts came before the Thursday but no tech. I waited to see if they would call me but no call. By the following week I called (going through the lengthy hold/annoying message about using their online service which wasn't helpful because it couldn't find our account/information). Finally, I get them on the phone and they schedule the tech to come back out. 10 days later they are out but cannot repair the machine, so they say, someone will call to replace the the machine. I wait, no call.

After 10 days, I call (go through the lengthy hold/annoying message saying visit us online for faster service BUT it still doesn't recognize our account). Finally, get someone on the line and they said, "Just go to a Sears store in your area," and provide my phone number and they will provide a replacement machine (but I had to pay the difference). I go to our local store and found out both local stores closed. So I go to a Sears outlet still open and they said, just go online and buy there because they can use the warranty refund (but the outlet couldn't). I go online, pick out everything and then chat with someone to get it paid for and they say "sorry, you will have to call customer service and have them send you an eGift card". I do that, call customer service (go through the lengthy hold/annoying message for nearly 30 minutes).

Finally, I get someone on the phone and they say "we cannot do an eGift card for online purchase". I explained that we don't have a local store to use and she said she would have to transfer me. I stopped her and explained how much time I have spent trying to resolve this and the endless hold time. This representative was nice enough to set things up and then transfer/hold with me to get me to the right person. I thought that, finally, things would be handled. Not so fast. I get the order in and then the new representative says "someone will call you back in the next few days to take payment and finalize the order". I ask for an email confirmation, tracking #, something to reference and a phone # that won't force me into multiple transfers and lengthy, wasteful holds. She wasn't very friendly and could not provide me with any account/tracking/order # but did provide me with a more direct 800 to call. I wait, no phone call.

I call back in 4 days figuring that was enough time. The new # was easier to get assistance. I was able to pay for the order and get my part paid, and delivery scheduled. The call ended with "they will call you to confirm the delivery" and you will get notifications with updates on the order. No updates or calls. I call the day before the order delivery date and they state that, yes, the order is scheduled for next day. However, I am reluctant because no phone call to coordinate the delivery has occurred. They inform me I will get one the evening before. We'll see. I really hope so because this is about all I can take of this wasteful process.

Sears needs to streamline communications, weed out the constant transfers that cause customers to start all over. Other helpful things would be to update the search abilities from their online portal to allow for more streamlined, efficient communications. The waste of my time was significant but it is also wasting the time of sears team members which impacts the cost of doing business in several ways. I honestly don't think I will purchase again through Sears or Sears Home Services because of the poor customer service.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I started a chat for help on an order placed. An order status seems like a pretty simple request. You think after 100 yrs they might have a workable system down. After the same questions asked by them over and over again, because you get transferred to different people (10 times!). They will say reviewing chat, then ask the same question, that I answered three times. Really? After an HOUR, when you think they finally have the person or dept to reply with an answer that was helpful? NOPE. They said they would have to get back to me in 24-48 hours. Hah. They did not even ask or verify my contact info. This is not the first time I had a bad experience with Sears. I only purchase something for a business when I have to, because I know better. Looking forward to their extinction!!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Our bathroom remodel left our bathroom looking worse than before. After removing the old vanity, a huge brown glob of liquid nails was discovered on the tiled walls. The new vanity was much smaller. However, instead of advising us of this eyesore of a discovery, the contractor senselessly proceeded to install the new vanity anyway. Leaving this huge brown streak of liquid nails visible on both sides of the new vanity. The contractor states that anything unknown would be brought to the attention of the home owner. But this did not happen. In addition, the floor was installed crooked and a grab bar was put in the wrong place. So they now have to come back and redo the floor and grab bar. This will entail them removing the new vanity. The job was rushed and done very unprofessionally. This remodel by Sears is definitely no improvement.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We have gone through two months so far without a refrigerator in the kitchen. Well, I take that back: there's a refrigerator, but it doesn't work. It stopped working the first week in April at the ripe old age of ten months. It took until April 17th to get a repair man here. Of course it was the compressor. He ordered it that day, while in our kitchen and set a return visit for May 2nd to install it. The compressor was supposed to be delivered to our house. It has never arrived. Of course, I had to cancel the May 2nd appointment. I have tried repeatedly to find out when the compressor will be here, or if it's even really on its way. I have been told each time that someone will contact us within 48 hours. No one ever does.

We were fools and purchased a $400 three-year Master Protection Plan on this $3,000 lemon but a lot of good that will do when we can't even get it repaired while it's still under the original manufacturer's warranty. I honestly don't know what to do next, who to call or contact. No one responds. So here we are, into June now, still waiting.... We have lost hundreds of dollars in food and wasted countless hours because of this. How difficult is it to ship a darned compressor? And why did it have to be shipped from Korea or wherever it's coming from (if it is)? Why don't they have them in stock here? We just can't believe their total lack of consideration and response to their customers. We have been long-time customers of Sears but no more. I want to get this refrigerator repaired and then we're finished with them.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Got a good deal on a Kenmore Washer and Dryer set. Scheduled delivery for 2 pm. Had to take off a few hours in the evening. They did not show. No call back until 8 pm. Given the run-around by truck driver and customer service. When your delivery is not made, you are not next in line. You must reschedule. 3 days later...same thing. Wait around and they don't show. Finally, I canceled the order. It becomes less and less of a good deal when you figure in time off of work, and over an hour on the phone. There is a reason they are going out of business.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have been a loyal Sears customer more than 50 yrs, I believe it's only fair and reasonable for a customer to expect Sears service to be familiar with Sears appliances. On May 11, 2019 a Sears Repairman who came to check my Kenmore freezer said the freezer needed a new $500 Control Panel. Unable to invest in a costly repair, we paid the $99+tax service fee and prepared to junk it. BUT This freezer was NOT in need of a new control panel: it was locked in a “Sabbath Setting.” I feel a refund is due me.

Original review: May 30, 2019

My AC unit went. Have had a Sears home warranty for the 2 years I've owned this property. This was my first claim. They want over $3000 to fix it. Yes, I have the whole house plan with a $100 deductible.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I called due to an issue with a craftsman drill I own and unfortunately connected with a very clearly foreign customer service center. The girl on the line clearly didn’t know what a drill was and just stumbled over her words for a few minutes before I couldn’t handle it and hung up. I offered the model number multiple times but she never took it down. She instead offered to give a store location or have somebody respond to my home to provide diagnostic services because she didn’t believe the drill could be easily taken to a store. Absolutely absurd and disappointing. Both in Craftsman and Sears.

Original review: May 29, 2019

On Mother's Day, we came home to our refrigerator not working. Monday morning, my husband called Sears Home Repair. We had not choice, but to call them because we purchased a service agreement at the time we bought our refrigerator. My husband gave them a few days during the next week that we would be available, but the first they could schedule was the next Saturday between 10am and 2pm. We had family plans that day, but my husband decided to stay home and get the refrigerator repaired.

I left at 9am to go to our family event. At 11:15, an hour and 15 minutes into my husband's wait time, Sears home service called my cellphone to inform me that our service tech has been sick ALL WEEK and would not be coming to repair our refrigerator that day. I explained that my husband was missing a family event and I would like someone else at our house by 2pm. I explained that since the tech was sick all week, we could have been called Friday or even at 8am or 9am that morning and our family plans would not have been ruined for the whole day. The answer was "No one is available". I asked to speak to a supervisor and got the same answer. I talked to 4 people during that hour and 15 minutes and the last one ended up disconnecting me.

During a break in our family activities, I called again. I still got the same answer from everyone. No one is available. There seemed to be very little attempt to accommodate us at all even though we were terribly inconvenienced by their cancellation. At one point, one of the phone people asked if we could reschedule on Saturday May 25. I said we could not schedule that day because we would be out of town. I would have to call back to figure out a time to schedule. A few minutes after I hung up, my husband got an email stating that we were scheduled for service with Sears on Saturday May 25 between 8 and 12. I called AGAIN and said we would not be available that day. The phone person asked if I wanted the appointment cancelled. I said they could do what they wanted with that appointment but we would not be home.

I finally got the appointment scheduled on Wednesday, May 29. I was given the 8am to noon wait time. I informed them that I needed to leave for work at 11:30am so they needed to be at my house in time for me to leave for work. When I spoke to Sears the night before the appointment, I reminded them that I needed to leave for work by 11:30. I was again told there was really no guarantee. Thankfully, the technician showed up at 8:30am and was able to repair my refrigerator. He was VERY nice. I would give him a "10" rating, while giving the schedulers a zero.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I ordered a bbq grill. Supposed to be delivered on May 31. Called today because I had no update. After being on hold 15 mins was told the item was unavailable. Had this happen with pool table back in Dec. Yet items are still able to be ordered. Very disappointed when you expect something and don’t get notification that it’s not coming.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Ordered washer and dryer to be delivered in a week. It was delayed 4 weeks due to the dryer not being available in warehouse. The Saturday before our delivery date and the night before I received confirmation of the delivery. I took the day off work and the morning of the delivery, I received a call (automated) telling me they are so very sorry they need to delay the order I am waiting to receive. I am here in my home, so upset with the handling of my order - there were several other calls and after agreeing to a delivery time the warehouse would just move the date and not mention the switch. Be very careful. I will never buy anything from Sears again.

Original review: May 25, 2019

We hired Sears Appliance Repair to repair our Samsung refrigerator. The first technician was incompetent, barely looked at the fridge, and did not provide accurate information about the problem. He used our credit card to order parts, but Sears has refused to provide us with a receipt for that transaction. When the second technician arrived a week later after the parts had arrived, he was unable to complete the repair because the first technician hadn't told us we needed to unplug the fridge the day before. He had to reschedule for 5 days later, on a day that no one can be home, despite the fridge being completely taken apart and non-functional.

We spend hours talking to Sears employees on the phone and in person and no one was willing to fit in our appointment any sooner, although the entire problem was the company's fault. The customer service truly could not have been any worse. No one cares about the amount of time and money we have spent to end up with a refrigerator that is worse than when we started.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Sears came to my home to repair a dishwasher. They couldn't do it. They charged me $133 anyway. I paid before the repairman left and received confirmation of payment. For the last 3 months I have been harassed and by Sears for that exact payment and my credit score is on the line. After a long online chat and phone call a month ago, they acknowledge it's already been paid. On their system though I still owe them money and they refuse to change it despite them having record of the payment and evidence that I don't owe them anything. Unbloodybelievable.

So here's the thing Sears: consider this my hill to die on. I refuse to use snail mail and buy a stamp and mail a letter to your unethical accounts department when you can very well see I don't owe you money and you can far more efficiently use email to address customer queries. I would think in your position you would be working hard to keep your customers. Not one response or attempt has been made to sort this out on your side though. Absolutely disgusted with your unethical business practice.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Apparently HMS home warranty contracts with Sears for ALL repair work, so right there it tells you that there will be no truly personalized customer service or incentive or pressure to right any wrongs. Sears repaired my leaking freezer and a few months later the same problem arose. I had to take off a whole day from work the first time because they won't give you any time table other than 8-5p. The Charlottesville, VA, technician came about 445p and the repair took about 30 minutes tops. I also paid for this repair to satisfy the warranty deductible of $125.

Well this second time, I had to wait over a week for the appointment, then tried to contact Sears to request at least a 30 minute heads up because I couldn't take another whole day off. After many highly irritating recorded automatons and re-routings, which said over and over my phone number didn't pull up any appointment, I reached a person, who said that he would put in that request but couldn't absolutely guarantee it. Finally on the scheduled day at 2:41p I got a text saying that the "technician" was on route. I jumped in my car, tried to call Sears Repair but kept getting the same run around, tried to access their online "chat" but couldn't, so I finally hung up, thinking that I'd be there shortly anyway and what repairman is ever really that timely?

Well Alex, the C'ville "tech" called at 2:57p to say he was at my house. I said "I'm 7 miles away, 5 of which are interstate, I should be there in about 5 minutes or so." He was short with me, saying that he could only wait "5 minutes" because the next appointment was "in Schuyler". I said "Well this is the second time you've had to come out because it wasn't done right the first time" so I expect you to wait. I arrived home at 3:06p and he was long gone. There's only one road back to the interstate, and I didn't see him. From the time Sears texted me till I arrived home was 25 minutes!!! Plus, I assured surly Alex that I was minutes away. I was FURIOUS and called Sears - again having to wait for an extended period and then going through massive recorded rigamarole. A Sears rep eventually said that Alex'd come back and so I was satisfied- but only temporarily.

After about another 25 minutes I wondered if he was going to go to Schuyler first and then here, so again, made a painful protracted call to Sears, who told me there was nothing noted about Alex coming back. The only info was that he'd arrived at 2:56 and I wasn't home. My beef wasn't primarily with the 8-5p "window" even though that's patently unreasonable, it's that this is THEIR mistake that they're fixing and all I asked for was a 30 minute heads up out of 9 HOURS!!! Then they told me he was coming back and then that he wasn't and they were utterly unconcerned about any inconvenience to me. So if you enjoy horrible customer service, inadequate repairs, inconsiderate runarounds, flat out incompetency by Sears reps and thus banging your head against a corporate brick wall, by all means, schedule a Sears repair!!! No wonder they're sinking like bricks.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Horrible Experience with Sears Home Delivery. I purchased a Craftsman riding lawn mower. Home delivery was scheduled for May 18 between 2:30 & 4:30 pm. The delivery team was also supposed to call either the night before the delivery or the morning of the delivery to confirm. Nobody called and nobody showed up. At 4:45 pm I called Sears customer service and was told (after a 45 minute wait on hold) that the delivery truck was in route and would be at my house around 6:30 pm. Guess what, nobody showed or called.

Now, it's Sunday May 19. I have spent the past 3 hours either on hold or with customer service reps trying to figure out where my mower is. Nobody can figure this out and nobody will let me speak to a customer service rep. supervisor. After 3 hours I was finally put through to the Sears store in Butte, Montana? Okay, after speaking to 5 different customer service reps who could not help, I am now on hold trying to cancel my order. I have been on hold for 56 minutes and counting trying to cancel my order. This is the worst customer service and endless loop of ill trained people I have every dealt with. From a soon to be former Sears customer.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Bought a mattress, hated it from get go, called after week, wanted to trade up more expensive mattress. Was told had to wait 31 days before could do anything. I couldn't verify even if received correct item because nothing on mattress tag matched sales receipt but not their problem. Website explains their policies so get charged 69.99 for pickup and 15% of purchase price whether exchanging or returning. These policies stink, especially if receiving incorrect item.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I purchased a metal detector from Sears online. The item arrived two days later than promised but I didn't mind that much. Then the item would not work. As a matter of fact, I think the item had been used and resold to me judging by the marks around the location that held batteries. I wanted to return it and Sears gives you two options, return it online or return it to a store. Since I live about 30 miles away, I decided to repackage it, print the receipt off, and drive it to the store.

When I arrived, they told me that would not accept it back since I had purchased it online. I explained that the website offered both options. Then they pointed to the return address on the item that was not a Sears address and said I had purchased it through "The Marketplace" so they could not accept it. I was unhappy about it since the website says nothing about this and I was completely unfamiliar about The Marketplace. So I went home. Once at home, I reviewed all details of the purchase and I realized I had indeed purchased it through the Sears website and absolutely NOT through The Marketplace.

I then contacted Sears via their online Chat feature. After explaining the issue to the customer service rep, he said they would have accepted it at a Sears store if it was "sold by Sears". And could return it to Kmart if it was "sold by Kmart". I copied my receipt to him that said "Sold by Sears" on the actual receipt and online account. After looking at it he said that it would not be accepted by the store if it didn't have a Sears return address on it. I asked him to point out this explanation online so I could see if I missed it. He said it was not stipulated online but that's what he "thought was the problem".

He finally said they'd send me a free return shipping label within 72 hours. And, he'd offer me 5% off my next purchase at Sears. I thought he was joking and told him I've spent well over that in gas and time trying to return this and that I'd never attempt to purchase anything through Sears or Kmart again. Very frustrated that they continue to change their story to fit their narrative but it's clear Sears is no longer the once proud and high-quality store it once had been. Bye bye Sears, don't let the proverbial door hit you in the rear on your way to closing for good.

Sears Company Information