2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.95/5
Based on 3,830 ratings submitted in the last year

Sears Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My wife and I had our oven go bad. We have a in home service contract so the repair person (nice guy) tried to get it repaired but it was not repairable. So our contract with SEARS had the company contact us to tell us we had a credit for $1494. We first went to the outlet store in Oceanside where Jason went out of his way to help us. We couldn't find what we wanted so we went to the Escondido store in North County Fair. We had Terry (sales check # **) wait on us. WHAT GREAT SERVICE!!!! Talk about going out of the way. Holy cow. My compliments to your company. This is why we go to the North County Fair store. Keep it open please. Tom **, Valley Center, CA

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I purchased a gift of jewelry online recently and it was an outstanding experience. I found a great buy for cultured pearl stud earrings, perfect for a friend of mine for Christmas. Shopping online was simple and quick. I placed the order within a few seconds, and received an immediate confirmation. Sears sent frequent tracking updates so I could observe the shipping process without even having to enter tracking information. It was a great purchase and service process.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

That day I woke up and had coffee. While having coffee, I remembered I needed pants. I drove to Sears and asked the salesperson where the men's pants were. She then led me to them. She was very nice. I tried them on, they fit and I bought them.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

We all know quality of a product and backing that product is key in many of our purchases. Sears has always touted its tools for being American made and with a FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY, well I was need of some specialty tools and upon arriving in the Sears tool department I first noticed a NEW large banner saying “LIFE TIME GUARANTEE WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE”. REALLY??? Proof of purchase and it’s steel and says SEARS right on the tools.

I guess since Sears tools are now made in CHINA and NOT MADE IN AMERICA THEY WILL ONLY BACK THEIR TOOLS IF AND ONLY IF YOU RETAIN THAT PAPER RECEIPT FOR LIFE for Sears to honor their warranty. I was so disgusted at that point that I looked over every tool in the Augusta, Georgia store for their country of origin and quality and to my horror I found only one tool MADE IN AMERICA, a rubber hammer. $29.98 for something I really didn’t need but I bought it simply because it supported an American worker. The quality of the tools I had looked over was substandard at best. Every tool owner I had ever known was proud to own Sears tools because of their quality but not today. Ever wonder why Sears stays in bankruptcy court??? I’ll not shop Sears again.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I placed a order & it was shipped to my prior address in another State. I haven't lived at the address in 2 years. I am being charged for this order. I have called customer service to no avail. I received a e-mail showing it was delivered by UPS & the tracking number was on this e-mail also. The shipment was accepted by a person living at this residence now. I am hoping they will return the shipment to Sears. I have no control concerning this matter as I do not know the person or persons living at my old address. I can't seem to make Sears Customer Service understand I cannot return this order to Sears as I did not receive it!! What can I do????

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Warranty company ordered a fridge for me last week. When ordered, it said the fridge was available for delivery on Saturday, Feb 1. They finally call me on Monday and tell me it will be delivered today (2/5). I have been waiting at home all day. I just received a call that says it will be delivered 2/6. No explanation for the change, and they acted like I am an idiot for even questioning why the delivery time was changed, telling me they don't know but it has and I need to be home or they will charge a second delivery fee.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

One star because it was required for the review. Please NEVER order anything through Sears online. You could possibly be ordering from the biggest scam artist in the industry and Sears is not it does not back their guarantee when it comes to that seller. False advertisers a treadmill for $29.00. I purchased three. I then receive 3 $4.99 headphones rather than the treadmills. I have been battling with Sears and this seller for 3 weeks to obtain my refund and the same story each time. PLEASE do NOT order from this seller. You will thank me later does this review. I promise!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

My HPT 12" compound miter saw arrived today and had everything but the handle used to change saw cuts ie from 90 degrees to 45 degrees. I contacted Sears first and was instructed by a computer customer service agent to contact CPO as they were a 3rd party marketplace seller for Sears and are responsible for their products. I then called CPO thinking a handle should be no big thing. Well it was! It seems they can only have me box everything up and return it to them for a refund. Meanwhile I have a job starting next week that requires this saw. Now it looks like I will be going to Home Depot to purchase one!! Thanks for the poor customer service SEARS and CPO. You've lost me as a customer!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I ordered 2 refrigerators on the 19 Dec 2019. I was given a delivery date for the 24 December, 2019. The date came and pass and my items were not delivered. I contacted Sears, who proceeded to tell me it was a manufacture delay. I was given a new delivery date for the 3 Jan. 2020. Guess, what the same thing happen again. Next delivery date for the 17 and 31st January. Guess what? The same thing happened again. I was given 4 different delivery dates and each time no one had the manners to reach out to me and say anything, bear in mind this was a Christmas gift.

They proceeded to tell me I can cancel the order and place a new order for items that's in stock. Hello these items that I brought, I brought them on Christmas special they had running. Now they are telling me to cancel the order, reorder and pay the additional for a new item after 6 weeks, and gave me a new delivery date for the 28 Feb. 2020, 10 weeks after they already took my money. If they did not have the items in stock why did they take my money and why they didn't give me the option of choosing something back in December when the special was on. This is the worst I ever came across and the agents have absolutely no manners. WORST EVER!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

My Kenmore range was not heating up. I called Sears and they sent a repair person who spent about 6 hours in my house trying to up-sell. He ordered a part for the range, which I had to pay for in full. He made another appointment to come back to install the part. The next day Sears cancelled the appointment and told me that I could not make an appointment until I received the part (fair enough). Weeks went by and after hours of phone calls, Sears customer service kept telling me that the part was on backorder, but they could not tell me what the part number was.

I got fed up and called a highly recommended local, family-owned appliance repair company. The business owner came out to look at the stove and told me that the circuit board had gone bad. He also called his parts vendor and they were able to tell him what the part number was, BUT they said it was impossible for that part to be on backorder since it was not manufactured anymore. The appliance repair guy said there was an easy fix. We would send the circuit board to be rebuilt. He recommended two companies (Circuit Board Medics and CoreCentric).

I sent my circuit board to Circuit Board Medics, they charged $159.00 (with a 2 year warranty). They repaired the board and I had it back in 6 days. I called my local appliance guy, he came back and installed the board, we tested the oven, and it works perfectly. I will never call Sears again and would recommend that nobody else waste their time. Sears made no attempt to fix my stove. And, by the way, I initiated a dispute with my credit card issuer and got the money back from the non-existent part that they made me pay for.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Sears Company Information