2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

The Sears paints that I used would cover in one coat as advertised, had the sheen aka. finish that I desired, were available in myriads of colors as are most brands, and proved to be very durable.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

On time, always can rely on them. They fix problem always or else provides new machine. This has never happened to me. They always fix the problem like new. Plan, covers most of problem costs. Have had Sears service for at least 20 years on all appliances. I am totally satisfied. Would not change to a different service.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2020

It does a good job cooling and heating, although some time I have to check it to see if it is on the correct setting. It works well with the Nest thermostat, it makes it very convenient to keep my home comfortable from anywhere in the house. I like that it came with a 5 year twice a year check up for possible maintenance.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

As you can imagine, if I have written a bad review of Sears' Home Warranty program, I am very upset with their poor service! I recommend to anyone reading this review, who is contemplating signing up for such service, to save your money and future frustrations/anger by NOT signing up for this product. Let me explain. I purchased my warranty program #11400101 on February 21, 2020 believing it covered all my appliances. I now understand that this is not true, and even when covered a repair can cost much more than anticipated under a warranty program. I am paying $69.99/month or $839.88/year!

My first warranty repair claim was in August-September 2020 for my hot water heater. I was surprised to find out that Sears does not have its own service technicians, but contracts out repairs, probably to the lowest cost (but probably not near the best) subcontractor available. In my case, they subcontracted to Unimaster that was terrible. After paying a $100 deductible (a surprise to me, guess I did not read contract. Cannot find contract so likely they never sent it.), and having Unimaster's subcontractor assess my problem, Unimaster insisted on making a pending charge on my credit card, for an amount higher than their subcontracted technician estimated.

Unimaster insists their technician estimators include up to twelve "Modification Surcharges" (not covered under warranty) totaling $1,245 if all were selected by initial evaluator. It is obvious that, at least in this case, Sears' low-cost subcontractor Unimaster was going to make up any costs by charging me more for "Modification Surcharges" than if I had replaced the water heater outside of Sears' warranty program. Definitely not worth the expense and frustration!

In December, I initiated two claims since I had already decided I would cancel my contract on its one-year anniversary in late January. I was hoping to get my furnace and wine cooler repaired before my warranty expired in the hope that I would at least get my monies-worth from my $840 yearly fee plus $100 deductibles/claim plus extra surcharges not covered under the warranty. However, this is not to be. Sears, a great company, or at least one that I had placed faith in when purchasing "their" Home Warranty program, actually contracts out to Cinch Home Services.

So far, Cinch Home Services appears to be a terrible company that I have come to hate. They have unilaterally closed out (labeled as "Completed" on-line) my two recent claims without fixing either or notifying me ahead of time of their unreasonable action. However, they took my $100/claim deductibles that they will not refund! I have no idea why they closed-out ("completed") my furnace issue. The technician who evaluated the problem said my system's thermostat was bad and should be replaced by a simple, low cost switch.

According to Cinch's website, this will apparently not happen. I was told by Cinch that after taking my $100 deductible and having a technician decide my control board needs replacing, that my claim is not covered since the contract only covers a primary refrigerator in the kitchen. They state wine coolers are not covered (I thought all appliances were covered), and because my wine cooler is in my garage and not in my kitchen, it is not covered. Wow! I suspect that the control board is either very expensive or not available, so they are generating excuses not to honor the warranty.

I conclusion, I wasted (lost) near $1,000 contracting with Sears, since except for the Sears' name, I really contracted with terrible Cinch Home Services and their subcontractors, and except for the expensive hot water heater replacement, did NOT get anything repaired. I did complain to Sears by email, as well as Cinch, and received a phone call purportedly from Sears Home Warranty, by a woman who spoke broken English who likely worked for Cinch, so I am disappointed in Sears. I should have done my due diligence, as you are doing by reading these reviews, and saved my money but simply contracting with local, reputable firms to fix my broken appliances. Save your money and avoid the frustrations and anger you would otherwise likely experience by NOT contracting with Sears Home Warranty.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Terrible extended warranty. I have a stand-alone ice maker. It has been broken since August of 2019. They could not obtain the parts to repair it and do not have it in stock anymore. They have stated they would send me a check so I can buy another one from a different store. They said they mailed the check over two months ago. I have called them every week for the last five weeks. Every time they either say their system is down or they will escalate it. There has been no progress. Only the lies I get every week. Do not do business with them. Use a reputable company. I have had extended warranties with other companies and never had any issues. Stay away from Sears.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

After two unsuccessful attempts to get my boiler (under warranty) fixed, the technician had no idea what to do. I was telling him the fault code failures. He tells me I need a plumber when I said I needed a specific local company. He refers a plumber. Plumber refuses to come out and tells me I need a leak specialist after a week of being notified. After two weeks with no heat, and being told I need a leak specialist, I call a supervisor, am told my claim for a leak specialist is denied. I then requested approval from the local company to come to my house. After an hour with her, she says she can not do this and then suggests that I have them come to my house and submit the work claim. After I had my boiler replaced in an emergency situation, SEARS denies all responsibility.

Their technician had never seen my boiler type, asked me to look for the failure codes, and their plumber didn't even show up to give them a faulty assessment of the situation. I then called multiple times to try and explain, remember all calls are recorded, yet they say it was all unauthorized work. They are unscrupulous and have basically taken my money for 10 years and when I have a problem, they are incapable of fixing it. No supervisor even offers to provide some assistance or partial rebate of the money. They are not people I want to do business with.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I ordered a refrigerator from Sears on Aug. 10, 2020. In the last 4 months, I have been hung up on multiple times by Sears "customer service" agents, and had multiple scheduled delivery dates come and go with no explanation other than "your order has been delayed." At no point did anyone give me any information or provide me with someone else who might have more information. To say it was an enraging experience is putting it incredible mildly. I was basically told after the second delivery date with no delivery that they didn't even know where my refrigerator was and that it was likely not in the United States, but they had no idea. I finally canceled my order and am waiting for my refund of almost $3000. This has been a nightmare experience.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I have always had good experiences with Sears and their Kenmore appliances. But I purchased a refrigerator on November 30 that said available for 2-3 day delivery on the website... It is December 19th and I still don't have the item. My credit card has already been charged, I have spent hours on the phone trying to get it rescheduled all 6 times they have rescheduled it and this last time they actually gave me a 2-hour window that I arranged away from work to be home for and they didn't show up or call. After calling them and getting hung up on (for the second time) I found out that it wasn't available from the manufacturer yet. I understand a product shortage, but the way Sears has handled it has been atrocious and I will never set myself up for this type of experience again. I would rather pay more at another vendor and receive adequate service. Absolutely unacceptable to treat a customer this way.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

DO NOT USE SEARS HOME SERVICES – My Kenmore Elite microwave oven has been broken for half a year. I have had four service visits with multiple technicians and from my experience it is clear they do not know how to repair the equipment and are simply guessing as to what the cause of the problem is. This company is only in the business of taking your money and hoping the parts they order will actually fix the problem. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I highly recommend you find another company with qualified technicians that actually want to fix your problem, not just roll the dice and hope for the best. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

First of all after losing friends and family and surviving Covid myself, like to start by saying 2020 has been a long exhausting trying time for many people all over the world but to top it all off Sears really put a damper on our Christmas!!!! I ordered a stove on Dec 3 2020, I was told they had plenty in stock that the earliest they could get it to me was December 23. although that was awfully close to Christmas I was ok with that. it just meant that I would really have to start preparing a little earlier but have it ready to go for family invite on the 24th who had Corinthian for this special day to celebrate our family milestone and journey that our family endured through these times! AND BAM I GOT A CALL AND A TEXT MESSAGE FROM SEARS TO CONTACT THEM ABOUT RESHEDULING MY DELIVERY!

I'm thinking in my mind that my order might be coming earlier but to my surprise a very rude an obnoxious customer service lady replied it is what it is when I told her that was unacceptable. "I have no stove and I have guests coming on the 22 of December and it is the 16th of December and you're just now calling 17th." My God. What's next! This is horrible, disheartening, and totally embarrassing, not even an upgrade offer or trying come to a resolution. Her answer was, "We can get to you in January" or I could cancel my order. I ask you what kind of service is that? I'm so done with sears right now. I could scream!!!! I sure hope they have a merry Xmas because they sure destroyed mine!!!!

Sears Company Information