2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (1109 ratings)

About Sears

Sears Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Always growing up my dad swore on Craftsman products because of the workmanship and warranty. Recently I had a tool break, I do not live anywhere near a store as they closed in my area. It has taken me almost two months of getting pushed off to someone else and other departments, etc. I still have not resolved my warranty or spoke to anyone that can assist. I have over 19 E-mails and no reply except for 6 and that was telling me to call, when I call they tell me to send a email, it's like a vicious circle. I will never purchase Craftman again, they really went downhill!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I purchased a new Kenmore fridge from Sears in April 2021. The fridge started leaking like a sprinkler. I noticed the leak on July 5, 2021. Sears' third-party vendor came out on July 8th. I advised Sears immediately after noticing the leak. That was their version of being expedited. My hardwood floors on my main level, ruined, my base cabinets, ruined, my water bill increased due to a non-stop rapid leak for four days. It leaked all day on the 5th until mid afternoon when the vendor arrived. I asked for a full refund and Sears Customer Solution Team declined my request and stated we can exchange it.

After almost 60-days and no part in mid-August the exchange process was initiated. September 28, 2021 no exchange, keep getting the runaround, and no ETA. Please shoppers buy your appliances elsewhere. Sears hate to honor Manufacturer Warranties and Purchase Agreements but they love taking our money. Honor the agreements like you take the money.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Do not purchase anything from Sears. Our fridge stopped working in one year and 10 days. We purchased a protection agreement and thought that was a good thing. Do not waste your money. As of today, we have been told that the service agreement states that Sears has up to 6 months to obtain parts which to date have not all arrived. Therefore, we have not had a working refrigerator since 7/12/21. I am writing this review on 9/20/21. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Purchased a refrigerator twice. 1st time the delivery men refused to bring it up my stairs. 2nd time, delivery was a no show. I've been waiting for my refund for 4 weeks and counting. Horrible service.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I had scheduled a replacement of my Kenmore Refrigerator compressor after owning it for just 2.5 years (Was told by third party appliance repair company that is quite common with Kenmore). The day of the repair, they called saying they had to cancel because a technician is not available and scheduled for three weeks later. So three more weeks with out a refrigerator and all their response was, "Sorry". A third party could replace it within days... but would cost nearly as much as the refrigerator. We only have one refrigerator so not good. I will never buy from Sears, or a Kenmore product again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Don't trust their delivery dates. Ordered a freezer from their site because it said it would be shipped to my store on August 5. They now tell me it will be Sept 9. I would NOT have ordered it from here if I had known that. The only reason I ordered it was because of the delivery date. LIARS.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I use Sears Part Direct to get parts for my Kenmore refrigerator and washer/dryer. The last time I had a technician come out and install a refrigerator part, he came fast, assembled the part, left a note, and left. I love Sears part direct and even though the physical location on 79th South Chicago avenue is closed for about 9 years now, they are always available when you call and email online. This site helped me choose the parts I needed and gives you great detail according to appliance. Check the link here they have great discounts coming up: **

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!! Do not use! The technician came out on June 16th and diagnosed that our washing machine needed a new door boot seal because the water leaked out of the front door when running a cycle. Please note, I wrote that the machine needed a new door boot seal under the “Your Special Instructions:” section when I made the initial appointment – why someone needed to come out and confirm I’ll assume is to ensure we were correct in our diagnosis - and we were. Once the machine was diagnosed, we were told the new part would be mailed to us within a few days and we set up a follow-up visit for the installation for June 29th. However, no part has been received to fix the leaking washing machine (the status page continued to read BACKORDERED due to COVID) and the machine still leaks.

On August 2nd, I reached out to Sears to cancel this order and refund the $300 deposit I made. However the customer service rep, via online chat, kept trying to go around in circles and never answer my question about cancelling the service and refunding my money. After the third time I asked the direct question of, "Is my order cancelled", she wrote yes. However kept saying that she'll "raise" the refund request. I finally had to reach out to my bank to have them credit my account because I never received the service. Immediately after that (of course) Sears contacts me about trying to resolve the issue.

They then sent an email essentially accusing me to having received the part. To which I had to keep replying that I've never received anything and the machine still leaks. They then wanted me to reach out to the parts department. I told them I'm not doing their homework for them, I'm not reaching out to anyone, I'm tired of being run around in circle, I'm tired of waiting on Sears to source a part I could have gotten on Amazon in a week and tired of a leaky washing machine. STAY AWAY! SEARS WILL RIP YOU OFF AND THEN ACCUSE YOU OF STEALING!!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

We were talked into this by a tech who said we needed a service which we didn’t. We tried for another appliance; there were hidden charges and poor customer service. Cost $120 to get out of contract.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I purchased a Costway portable ice maker from Sears online store. After receiving it and installing it, it quit working on the 32 day. I tried emailing & calling the Sears service, no luck getting in touch with them. The phone was always busy. Their return policy, after installation, is only 30 days. Not only buying a piece of junk I cannot contact Sears for help. Their website is a big runaround with no end. Costway's service is about the same. No more purchases from Sears for me.

Sears Company Information