Sears

• 4%
  • 1%
  • 72%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

I hired Sears to repair my microwave. They did a diagnostic but didn't have the part on hand. After receiving the part, I tried dozens of times in every possible way to contact them to come back and complete the repair. After 2 months I finally got escalated to a department who approved a refund. Another month later I'm still waiting so I disputed in my credit card. Now they are rescinding the refund offer and I'm having to pay another company to complete the repair.

Reviewed July 18, 2023

In August of 2018 I went to the local Sears Outlet and ordered several appliances due to a fire in my home. I also agreed to the protection plan for the appliances. A week later, before the appliances were delivered, I canceled the order for a range hood. I was told that the price of the range hood and the associated protection plan would be refunded to my Sears account.

Last week I received a notice that the protection plan for the range hood was going to expire soon. I called and learned that Sears had charged me for a protection plan for an appliance that i never purchased. I spoke to a man who said he couldn't help me, but would transfer me to someone who could assist me with this. I was transferred 2 more time, each time giving all my information and explaining the issue. The fourth person I spoke with said they wouldn't return my money and refused to let me speak with a supervisor; she actually said she didn't have a supervisor and refused to do anything. Sears basically took my money for a service protection plan for a product I didn't buy and refused to return it!

Reviewed July 5, 2023

To make a long story short they sent an appliance repair guy out to inspect my refrigerator and after reviewing a hidden camera video I had taken the guy never even inspected my refrigerator. Sears promised me a refund of my $99. I waited just over the 2 weeks they said a refund would take to process. I was promised a refund a 2nd time. I waited and still received no refund. Apparently they just lie to you and hope you go away. This isn't just unethical, it's illegal. Worst experience I've ever had with a company. Months later I've spent countless hours trying to resolve this but the higher ups aren't even interested in reviewing video of the repair guy not doing anything. They don't have any integrity. They even gave me phone #'s to call that have been disconnected. They are liars, thieves and scammers.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 9, 2023

I ordered a stove from Sears marketplace and it was the worst nightmare because they didn't include a power cord then wants the customer to play tennis with the shipping company Appliances Connect who was another terrible nightmare. They both blamed it on another for my missing cord and refused to provide installation for a confusing product. I would not advise for your mental health!!

Reviewed June 8, 2023

HORRIBLE!!! They booked me in between 8 am - 5 pm but never showed up, checked the link and it changed to 6:22p. Still never showed. No alerts, no updates no calls. Called and rebooked again -- the same thing happened -- no call no show... I will be reporting them to Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau. And.. customer service is nonexistent... Can't get hold of a live person unless you want to book a new appointment for the first time. I had to stay home from work and I lost $260.00 -- Are they going to pay that back?

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed June 7, 2023

I scheduled a washer and dryer cleaning for today. The tech arrived, lucky me. He stated that he cleaned the washer and "checked" the dryer. When I asked him about cleaning the dryer vent, he stated that he was not allowed to touch the vent. That is the ONLY thing I needed done with the dryer. He stated he "looked at the filter" and turned the dryer on to ensure it ran properly. I can both LOOK at my filter and turn my dryer on by myself. I do not need to pay someone to do that. So I paid for absolutely nothing for the dryer despite the on-line advertisement stating "A thorough cleaning of the inside of the dryer and exhaust vents And much more".

Lastly, I apparently I made a mistake when setting up the appointment and was therefore charged $179.99 instead of the $149.99 that is advertised for a washer/dryer combo. So not only was nothing was done with the dryer, I paid $30.00 more than the advertised price for it. I am clearly very upset by this experience and would greatly appreciated it being rectified in some way. I did call and speak to a customer service person who sent a request to billing to have this reviewed and she asked me to also send an email as the system may take time to post the transaction. I received a reply essentially stating it was my fault. I will never EVER use Sears again.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed May 28, 2023

I have purchased a master protection agreement on my treadmill for over 25 years. Power treadmill model 831297272 purchased 11/15/1994. It allows for annual checkup/tune up. Current policy expired March 1, 2023. I called weeks prior to schedule service and was told no service in my neighborhood any longer. I could hire a third party, pay the service call and Sears would reimburse me $80.00. Not acceptable, so I asked for refund $138.95 and was denied. I’m out my $$ and will never do business with Sears again. They are crooks and liars.

Reviewed March 11, 2023

I purchased a drain auger on Feb 24 for $84 and some change. Arrival date was March 9. Today is the 10th, and no product. I emailed them to ask for an update, and within a few hours I received an email that my order has been returned and I am being refunded $71. I NEVER asked for a refund or to return the product. I NEED it and have been waiting for it. I would have been willing to wait a few extra days if needed, but that option was never given to me. I tried calling, but if it was an online order it just tells you to speak to a live agent and hangs up on you. I tried speaking to a live agent. Said wait time was less than 1 minute. I sat waiting for over 15 minutes and nobody came on. I tried leaving a review on their site, but since it was a 1 star review, it wouldn't allow me to submit it. I just want to know why my order was canceled and why I am being charged the $14 shipping for an order I never received or returned???

Contract & TermsSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2023

I purchased a Service Protection Agreement in Lubbock, Texas only to find out Sears has no technicians in this area to service the agreement! So, in short they sold me what they could not honor!!! I've tried to get them to explain why they have no technicians here and why they still sell agreements in this area and I only get transferred from one department to another. I will never again trust Sears. I did get a pro-rated refund even though they never service and would not have been able to service my water heater anyway. It is a scam.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2022

Decades ago, I used to be Sears Avid customer. However, through the years, the company went to awfulness - as did Service Merchandise (If you are old enough to remember). Two very BADLY failing companies (Sears and K-Mart) realized that since they cannot compete with MUCH better companies, they joined forces, but the executive team was NOTHING but bad, greedy and incompetent people of many years. This under skilled top executive led the joint company to further failure. Like Robert (Bob) Louis Nardelli (another failure in the MEGA business world), who took Home Depot backward for 7-8 years. As soon as Nardelli was let go (of course with an outcried servant package for taking the company downward), Home Depot became alive/vibrant again. Nardelli's longest running job as an executive was Home Depot, he took other companies down too. He would be a great leader for sears, capable of closing Sears doors for good, so that no more consumers would suffer. And on the COMPLTELY OPPOSITE SIDE is Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan Chase.

Sears executive team effected it lower management and staff. Its engineers became clueless and then its technicians do not even have common senses as doorknobs. And YES, I am a system design engineer as well as electronics engineer – so I back my statements with facts.

Unfortunately for consumers (You and I), Sears has a monopoly on its products and services through its dreadful technicians. To add to this terribleness, in recent decade (as it noticed that its products are getting worst), it contracted-out its product manufacturing to another company that makes below standard product for Sears - to make certain that Sears cannot be a better competitor (LG). Yet, the continued Monopoly had direct negative effect on consumers, as its horrible products and parts need to be continually worked on during the warranty period, which is getting shorter and shorter; but also such repairs become expensive after its short warranty period expires. Warranty used to be 7 years (I am very old and remember), reduced to five and now some of its products have even one year. Its fridge for example.

Now the bad mix of ALL OF THESE is that, when consumers buy Sears products, they buy a TIME BOMB attached to the products. Immediately right after warranty expiration, consumers face paying nearly 1/3 of the cost of the appliance for the cost of the first repair, then, the incompetent technicians (in its monopolized system of business) cannot fix the problem but puts bandit, and shortly later, another or the same problem arises and again hefty 2nd , 3rd, …repair bills (YOU WILL FACE). Now after 3 of these types of repair bills in a couple of years or less, you have already paid for the same appliance twice.

MAIN POINTS: As I said, I am an electronics engineer, who saw LG and Kenmore FAULTY circuit board close. I am also a landlord that provides appliances in my rental properties. My homes are filled with Whirlpool products; however, when I bought my main home, unfortunately, it had some below standard Kenmore products in it. I realized that ANY TIME I face Kenmore (a Sears monopoly) product, it does not last more than its warranty period. But Whirlpool, Amana and Maytag last me for more than 12-15 years and some still continue without any problems. Heck, in my Summer HOT (garage), I have a side-by-side, 27+Cu Ft, Amana fridge that is built in 1999 (23 years ago) (NEVER REPAIRED).

In one of my rentals, I have a 3 door Maytag fridge that was built in 2001. So, why would you want to REPEATELY waste money, time, stress yourselves to death, lose money as you throw away food from Fridges, have smelly clothes in the washer (because it broke mid cycle), and you become handicapped - while waiting for Sears or LG INCOMPETENT technician to arrive 2-4 weeks later, while your laundry room and house smells like sewer is running through your home – WHY OWN any WORTHLESS Sears product. They are NOT even cheap to begin with – anyway - to entice a consumer (YOU). The name KENMORE is ACTUALLY DEAD. I have an LG washer that most times, it smells like I burn rubber – when I use a big load cycle. This is LG WARRANTY replacement washer - upgraded. My wife chose a Kenmore glass cook top. Immediately after its warranty period, glass broker and there are no parts available (product LINE discontinued). So, I bought Frigidaire.

I have many more Sears relates horrors to share with you. I am also very careful NOT to buy GE products either. I have a Hot Point fridge also. Hotpoint is good product, but unfortunately GE bought the company in 2017. Every day, I hope and pray that I do not get a call regarding this fridge.

CONCLUSION: REDUCE THE THINGS THAT STRESSES YOUR LIFE. I have too much on my plate wanting to deal with the uneducated upper management of Sears anymore (they are the first that have received this writing). Sears team have exhausted me. At my earliest opportunity, I will sue Sears (WHAT IS LEFT OF IT). You are welcome to join me in the lawsuit, if you have a case and frustrated. I will place their products on the roadside, and you are also welcome to have the headache for the years to come - If you are interested. Here is my email address: **. What also bothers me here is the fact -some people diligently write terrible review (as sears deserves). Then, they rate the company 3 and 4 stars. What is that all about (2016 -2018 writers). It throws new consumers off- thinking Sears TRULY has good reviews. Please stop that.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2022

I paid for a two-year Sears protection agreement for a refrigerator. Called for service and was given a date of almost a month away of November 23, 2022. Note that date is the day before Thanksgiving. Obviously, I couldn't wait for that long. Cancelled the service and had to buy a new refrigerator. Called today to cancel the protection agreement with one year left and was told that my credit card would be credited one cent! Yes, that is not a typo. One cent! I said many things and then said don't even bother. The response was "Too late. You told me to cancel and I did. You will see your one cent in 3 to 5 business days." The refund on the agreement is not the point. A one-month service turnaround is a joke.

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2022

On October 8, 2022 I placed an order online at Sears for a 5 pc outdoor bar set. Had a delivery date for 10/18. On 10/15 I got a call saying item has not been received from manufacturer yet and to reschedule. New date of 10/29. On 10/28 I got another call saying they did not get item and to reschedule again. New date of 11/12. Somewhere in between I got an email saying the item was delivered! After many many phone calls, on 11/7 they realized it was mistakenly put in system as delivered. Now I had to wait 7 more days for system to correct itself before a new delivery date can be made. I was ASSURED item was in the warehouse at that time. On 11/16 I received another email saying they refunded my money because item is not in stock! 6 weeks of getting the complete run around of extremely poor customer service.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPrice

Reviewed Oct. 24, 2022

We have purchased multiple appliances in the past 40 years from Sears and protected them with their Sears Protection Agreement. During the past year (2022), we have called for repairs on 2 appliances and been unsuccessful getting service, as since the changes in the company, it appears the Protection Agreement has a different set of rules for use. These rules are designed to not give us the service we need on the appliances. The phone techs are non-English speaking, following a strict script of what to say. Our money for the agreement is wasted. Do not put anything on a Sears protection agreement. The cost is more expensive and you will not get the service. It's a game to be played and you, the consumer, will lose.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2022

Unable to get my Sears installed HVAC repaired. Service Repair Technician refers me to Home Improvement and Home Improvement refers me back to Service Repair. I tried calling and I am transferred back and forth between departments. Terrible company and service.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2022

BUYER BEWARE!!!! THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS. Sears referred us to a business associated with them to install a new garage door. I live in the Bergen County NJ area, the company is called Sears Garage Door Installation and Repair, phone number is 973 414 9800. The company is ran by a man named Saul. Firstly, when they came to install the garage, they installed the garage door a few inches lower, and our car is no longer to able to fit in our garage!

We were told they were going to raise the height of the garage when they would come on the second visit to install the sunburst window panels on the garage door. They should have the windows ready on the first visit, but they said they did not have them available. They said they would come in three to six weeks, they did not! Well months passed, we called and they then said they are still waiting for the order.

Months passed again, and they then said, that they never agreed to do the windows! And when I said my garage door is low, and I can’t fit my car, Saul then responded “Well how do I know you didn’t get a new car?” I asked Saul for a copy of original contract, he ignored my request, and then said, "If you have the paper showing the contract, I'll do it for you."

I found the contract, which says very clearly, that the windows were a part of the agreement and now he’s avoiding all my phone calls and emails! I tried contacting various people at Sears via their corporate number and emails, but nobody responds back to me! All they keep telling me to do is to call Saul, who doesn’t even respond to my emails or phone calls, EVEN after showing him proof in the contract! When I told Saul I am going to cancel the payment, he then threatened me to go to court, and put a lien against my home, completely unprofessional, I HAVE THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT. Really poor service, I wouldn’t expect from a company such as Sears, be VERY careful when dealing with any of these vendors!

Installation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2022

I am currently on my 8th appointment with Sears Home Service to repair my $4500 stove. After the first visit, I paid $800 for the needed parts and labor to repair the stove. From there it has been a nightmare. Appointments are automatically scheduled - you can not talk to a live person. The one time I did talk to a person, they transferred me to their automated system. They schedule appointments and don't show up - no reason. So far I've taken 3 days off work waiting for them to show up and no one shows up. No reason, nothing.

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed July 18, 2022

I purchased a freezer from American Freight along with a master protection warranty in Jan 2021. The freezer went out on Oct 1 of 2021. Several (6 plus) service repairs later I finally, on June 14th 2022 had a repair man deem it unrepairable and it is to be replaced according to the warranty. Case filed and case number created on June 21, 2022. I've now been waiting for the product replacement to be approved and July 18th I have received nothing. Every call I get another person telling me another story.

7/7 Fernando told me they were waiting for the tech's district manager to approve the replacement. 7/18 spoke to Dylan who said the escalations team was waiting for the approval and he would contact their manager. 7/18 Humbert transferred me to a manager and left me on hold for an hour then hung up. 7/18 Heidie said she is sending something to the product replacement team, who is waiting for a decision, and to give it 3 business days and she is confident it will be resolved.

It is so obvious they have their go to script just to get you off the line. Meanwhile, no one is getting any products replaced or repaired properly. There is no way to get my freezer replaced if they never complete the process and it's impossible to get anyone to give you a straight answer. No managers will ever take your call since they are "in a meeting or will call you back" which never happens. The master protection warranty states this is worry free coverage with a replacement guarantee. "If we can't fix it, we'll replace it and continue coverage to the new item".

Master protection warranty doesn't protect anything and $950 I spent on a freezer & warranty was a waste. Sears just stole almost $1000 of my hard earned money. Since I'm a widow and only have my income this was a hard hit to my wallet. I do a physical job and work damn hard to have some corporation steal my money! It's a disgrace!!!

Reviewed July 16, 2022

We had our HVAC unit installed in 2011 with Sears and it was followed up with a "Whole Home Warranty" with Sears. Throughout the years we called them to do maintenance and clean up on the HVAC unit. In 2022 I requested service regarding insufficient cooling in the residence. Sears dispatched the service technician upon diagnosing the HVAC unit. It was determined the evaporator coil was dirty. I suggested could the technician clean the coil and he responded "It needed to be replaced". The technician stated since we had it installed back in 2011 with Sears that it was time to have it replaced. I told him we had the best Extended Warranty with Sears as you can see in the attachments below that I am paying $69.99 every month since 2011 and the tech told me he would place the order for the coil.

Two days later the tech called me and said "Sears was not going to replace the coil". I then asked why? His response was Sears said it was a lack of maintenance, but the tech said the coil was well over 10 years old. I told the tech this is why we paid for the Extended Home Warranty and during the process of applying for the warranty it was explained after 1st 30 days of getting the Extended Home Warranty would cover things of this nature. (stove, refrigerator, HVAC, etc...)

Reviewed July 7, 2022

I have been dealing with this company for a year now, service is horrible. The wait time is unbelievable once they answer you’re being transferred. They change the appointment times the same day they’re supposed to show up. They have been to my home 5 days n a row for the same problem. I need to speak with someone in corporate. They makes sure they take their money out on time. Don’t get this home warranty company.

Reviewed June 28, 2022

Purchased some clothes from TheMogan, who is part of Sears.com. Had problem after problem with the order, and Sears took ZERO responsibility for any of it. Couldn't get in touch with TheMogan, spent COUNTLESS hours doing live chat with Sears, calling Sears, doing live chat with Sears, calling Sears, etc and they promised me that TheMogan would get my messages/that they would relay the messages to TheMogan. Had to get my bank involved to get anything done with this. WASTE of time, WASTE of money. NEVER AGAIN will I order from Sears.com. This has been a NIGHTMARE.

Reviewed May 16, 2022

I ordered a microwave and oven combo appliance from them 10 months back. Its took so long for that to keep in stock (I assume due to supply chain issue). When it became available, they were not able to find an installer (even after charging me full amount at the time of order). After waiting for multiple weeks, we asked for our order to be converted to a delivery. Instead of working with us, they cancelled it without even informing us.

A refund was issued, but due to some mistake on their end, they charged back my credit card. It's been almost a month since that happened and I am still struggling to get my money back. Every time I contact them, they tell me that my issue has been escalated and I will have to wait for another 2-3 business days (this has already happened >7 times). I am really upset about the service they have provided to me. I am regretting the decision of ordering such a costly appliance from them. But I am happy I am not getting it from them anymore, as I am sure they will be as horrible in post sale service/warranty.

Reviewed May 13, 2022

I would give it a 0 if I could. I had an appliance repair for my mother scheduled. They gave me incorrect information. One of the times I actually somehow got a person the guy said he'd expedite a review. I never got a response. I did one more time get a real person and she told me that the amount was written off and for me to write to searscares@searshc.com. I did with no response. I subsequently got another bill. I again wrote to searscares and to searsnschelp again with no response. I have tried calling corporate headquarters (routes into the same automated telephone system), customer support, tried chat, and to the company on the bill which also routes to an automated system. I have no way to resolve this. It has been going on since March 30.

Reviewed April 8, 2022

Absolutely awful company. We have a 5 year warranty on our washing machine,that was purchased a few years ago. When we finally needed to use the warranty that we purchased the following happened: March 2. Came and diagnosed washer with oil leak underneath (washer still useable) March 13. Came with new part but realized he needed to take middle part out and could not get it out so told me he is going to order the middle part. (Washer still worked) March 22 came with middle part, broke out the middle piece and could not get bolt off. Then told me he was going to put in for a new washer (washer don't work now cause he busted out the middle piece). Called sears and they said they will send me a voucher for 50$ for laundromat!! (Never seen it to this day.) So called March 23 to see status and told me that I have to wait 48 hours to hear from them.

So the same day called the technician that was at my house. Sean was his name and he told me to call his office which I did 4124691966 and talk to Kiersten. She said she put the claim in right away. March 24-26 called sears and got told had to wait 3-7 days. Again waiting. March 28 called Kiersten and got told the claim is getting put in right now (which it was supposed to be put in on the 23). She said wait 3-7 days. Wait again?!!! AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, this warranty is not worth the money and the company as well. I ended up purchasing a brand new washing machine, because I have a family of 7 and needed to do laundry, from Lowe's. I would never recommend Sears, they do not live up to their word.

Customer ServicePriceReliability

Reviewed March 30, 2022

I purchased a hot water heater from Sears 3 yrs ago because I mistakenly thought they were reliable when it came to repairing their products. It started leaking small amounts of water so I called for a repair. 5 days for them to get someone to my home. In the meantime the leak is getting worse. On the day of repair no one showed up and no one called to tell me they weren't coming. Finally reached someone via chat who minimized the no show, attempted to placate me with an appointment for 2 more days and tried to avoid founding the amount of the repair I had already paid. Not to mention they never told me to turn the heater off so for 5 days the heater is burning up all the propane trying to heat a continuously filling heater. Thus costing me more money. This is not the sears I remember and I will definitely not be buying anything from them again.

Reviewed March 21, 2022

UPDATED 03/23/2022: If you want to waste your time on hold for several hours then Sears is champion for moving you from department to department when each time you are put on hold for another hour despite assurances that you will be directly connected. Apart from struggling to understand the foreign customer support representatives I would rate Sears "NO STARS" if I could. Incompetent organization with no understand what Customer Support is meant to be - STAY AWAY FROM SEARS!! BTW I eventually gave up after two days trying to get them to undo their mistake and been on the phone on hold for a combined 8 hrs. YES 8 "EFN" hrs! In the end I cancelled and took a $ loss instead of going through the pain of another hold marathon with them.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Sears customer service is non existent and lacks any quality. Wait time on the phone is so long and they blame it on COVID!! No. Your service sucked well before COVID so nothing has changed there. OK the issue..... Sears instead of transferring our account from an older property to our current property set up a new account on the new property and left the account on the old property activated. We ended up paying 2x for a service call and they sent a technician to the older property, literally spent 3 hrs on day 1 then we are another 2 hrs to try to get Sears to correct their mistake. One they created but we are paying for. My advice stay clear of Sears home warranty or as a company they are useless!!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 19, 2022

In 2010, we purchased an LG refrigerator from Sears--that was our first mistake. It has been nothing but trouble. The icemaker freezes up repeatedly. After the first time of needing repair, we purchased a Master Protection Agreement. While it always took a while to get a repair person for service, it would be fixed. 18 months ago, the compressor went out. While it took a while, the compressor was replaced.

A month ago, the icemaker stopped working. I called, a week later a repair person showed up. He sent about 3 minutes inside our home. I told him the icemaker wasn't working. Without opening the refrigerator, he told me it was the compressor. He then ordered parts and scheduled a repair appointment for 2 1/2 weeks later. He showed up replaced the compressor and left. 24 hours later, the icemaker was still not working and the freezer was barely keeping ice frozen. Called again, a week later the same guy came back, told me that he needed to order more parts, that sometimes in the process of repairing other parts stop working (doesn't make sense to me, but that is what he said). Another week to order parts and return. New guy shows up, he installs parts and says to my husband, "I don't think this is going to solve the problem. You should ask for a replacement." It didn't. Now it is not even keeping ice frozen.

I called and asked for a replacement. We have to have 4 "functional repairs" in one year. We have had 3. I was told they would send a repair person in a week--parts would be ordered--perhaps even parts we had already replaced and then when/if it didn't work we could start the replacement process which would take several weeks. I asked if it was acceptable with Sears for us to be without a refrigerator for 6 weeks and apparently it is. They will do nothing to work with you or expedite repairs. We purchased a new refrigerator yesterday. It will be delivered in 3 days. I will be canceling my repair appointment at the very last minute. And never dealing with Sears Home Services again.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed March 13, 2022

The only phone number anyone answers is on the back of my credit card and they can’t help you with Sears.com problems. Maybe some people can reach Chat, but not me. Their website is a mess, too. No record of my purchase 3 weeks ago? Well, they certainly don’t have to give me any points that way. Just awful.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2022

Sears Master Protection Agreement isn't what it use to be ... today, (February, 2022), I'll say it absolutely sucks! I've been a Sears girl since my mid-20's; I'm 67 years old. I have paid thousands of dollars for Sears Protection Plans over the years and may have requested service a handful of times. I needed Sears Services in mid-2021; took 6 months to resolve. I again needed Sears Services in the beginning of December, 2021 ... it is now February, 2022, still waiting.

I finally received a Cash Replacement Letter with instructions. Completed the Form and emailed it back several times, only to have it kicked-back as "No Response"; (the email address is on the form!). Try to get out of their Automated Services to a live person ... nearly impossible; and, once you do get someone, they transfer you to air which hangs-up. I am more than sorely disappointed in the downhill spiral of Sears Protection Agreements. My Master Protection Agreement comes due for renewal in March, 2022 ... no freaking way!

Customer ServiceStaffReliability

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2022

I placed an order for an over-the-stove microwave and installation on October 22, 2021. At the time, I received a notification that I would be contacted within 2 business days to schedule the installation. Subsequently, I received a notification that there would be a delay, and that my order would be arriving after November 13. I contacted Sears Customer Service after Thanksgiving, having received no update, and was told that the product had not arrived at the warehouse, and was delayed. A subsequent call on December 13 gave me only the same declaration that it had not arrived at the warehouse. Calling on December 28th, I was told that it had arrived at the warehouse, and that I would be contacted within two business days to schedule delivery and installation.

On January 11, I again called, and was given the same bland assurance. On January 26, I called again, and this time was given an assurance that it would be delivered on February 4, and that I would be contacted regarding installation. On February 6, I once more called, and only by insisting that I either got a hard and fast delivery/install date from this call, or I would cancel the order, was I given a delivery date.

The Sears online order information page, once you enter your order information, has the "cancel this order" link greyed out, preventing you from canceling your order. The link under 'Help' on sears.com for 'Cancel an order' takes you to a page 'How to return or cancel an order'. That page has a link "Need to return or cancel an order? Here's how", which takes you to a page for the Sears return policy; this page has a link for "need to return or cancel an order instead?" that takes you back to the 'how to return or cancel an order' page, and at no time actually allows you to cancel an order.

The Sears customer service number is an automated menu tree that seems fixated on directing you to the Sears website for all actions related to an online order, including chatting to a customer agent -- an option that is nowhere available on the Sears website. Every time I have called the Sears customer service number, it has taken me at least four calls to break the menu tree enough to get directed to a human operator, rather than being directed to the Sears website and the call disconnected.

Sears used to be a highly reliable company delivering quick and competent service. With its bankruptcy, however, it has degraded hugely, and my recommendation is that, unless you happen to live where there is still a physical Sears store, and can make your purchase and walk out with it, that you avoid Sears completely. The company has made it nearly impossible to get any sort of resolution out of their customer service, both online and via phone, and if I could give them a negative number of stars, I would.

Customer ServiceCoverageReliability

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2022

Paid the extra money for a Sears Kenmore water heater with 12 year warranty. Water heater quit working after only 7 years. Certified appliance repairman tested and found thermostat defective. He and I both called Sears Warranty Department for warrantied replacement thermostat. They said replacement would only be issued if I paid $99 for a sears repairman to first "diagnose" the same problem and then give an estimate to have a "Sears" repairman make another service call and the labor totally at my expense. The warranty doesn't mention anywhere that a Sears repairman has to make two service calls for the warranty to be utilized or that only parts and not labor are covered nor was any of that disclosed at time of purchase.

Certified Repairman doing the work offered to send the defective thermostat in for testing and confirmation before Sears would have to send the replacement but they didn't care. Total SCAM that they pretend to offer coverage then require consumer to spend several hundred dollars for repairman to get a part that costs a third of the labor. Not even a Sears store within 60 miles to provide reasonable service because they have all closed and it is easy to see why. Hope the whole company with their cheating policy goes all the way bankrupt and good riddance. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS!

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2022

I bought a new refrigerator from them about three years ago and already have trouble with a fan that is loud. I cannot use local repair people because it was made by Dae Wu and Sears has the parts bottled up so they cannot purchase the parts. I must use their repair person for $99 for a visit and an estimate of $375 for the repair. The local Sears tells me that the name of Kenmore means nothing anymore and their warranty system which costs $50 per month is a terrible buy. They also inform me that the average life of my $3000 refrigerator may last from 3 to 5 years-so much for quality and a repair ripoff.

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2022

First, their inept technician misdiagnosed our oven’s problem. Later, the 3rd of 3 parts we needed and which had been back-ordered was cancelled, making the repair impossible. We’ve tried to return the first 2 parts for a refund 6 times! Each time we speak to the Sears Repair Dept (a.k.a. Transformco), they tell us they’ll send us the return shipping labels, but they never send them. And they won’t allow you to speak with a supervisor- it’s maddening! Until we can return these useless parts, our refund is basically being held hostage. This began in 7/2021 and it’s now 1/2022. This is, by far, the worst customer service experience we have ever encountered. Beware, anyone considering using Sears Repair.

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2022

Sears has abused and mistreated my 2 elderly aunts, 80 and 89 years old, to their heart's content. They make it virtually impossible for them to get through via phone, so I do it for them. They are disrespectful, they DO NOT honor the extended warranties, and lie. They lie! My aunt's fridge broke down, they lost all their food. One person told me that because they have extended warranty, they would get reimbursed for their food. The next person said they would not and basically, too bad, so sad. Shame on them. Shame on them for abusing the elderly, for lying, for being crooks.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2021

Truly ZERO STARS!! Based on Sear's reputation (clearly a thing of the past!),I opted to have their home services come out to replace an old range hood with a new one. I was pre-charged $209.99 for the work and told installation would happen within the week. That was two weeks ago today! Every time I try to call or chat, they tell me my phone number isn't in the system... Yet it's on the receipt they emailed me! I did reach someone on the 20th who finally told me that she could see the receipt, but that they hadn't found anyone to do the work yet and to give them two more days. Still waiting...

When I called back today, once again they couldn't see my phone number on anything, and gave me an email to send the receipt to (supposedly) for a refund. I am not holding out hope. This transaction has SCAM and FRAUD written all over it! Do yourself a HUGE favor and stay as far away from Sears Home "Services" as you can!!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2021

Sears has outsourced all the phone answering and service scheduling for their Repair/Warranty program. It is a horrendous runaround and time consuming experience to get an appointment for repair as the answering and repair service is outsourced to both large corporate and local repair companies which from my experience are understaffed and not sufficiently trained.

Our refrigerator began making strange new noises so knowing repair times are delayed due to current supply problems we called Sears Repair service and made an appointment. After waiting over two weeks for a service person to arrive, we basically got a salesman who briefly messed with the refrigerator, then told us we needed a new fan that prevented “ice ups” and he would need to order the part. He then sold us a “warranty program that he said covered all appliance repair for all appliances in our house with NO additional costs. He made it sound simple and good, and that we would get the warranty contract separately. So we opted.

However, He did not disclose: A $75 dollar fee for setting up each future repair appointment; that there is a 90 day wait before your warranty begins (although the monthly fee was immediately charged and each month premium is taken out at the first of the month); that you would be run around on the phone by outsourced, offshore companies staffed with people who don't speak clear English and talk to fast and have no authorization to resolve anything; that there is a $150 cancellation fee on the warranty program.

After the first serviceman got through messing with the refrigerator the ice maker quit working. After another two weeks a different “service technician“ came to install the fan and fix the problem. He installed the fan and said the ice maker was fixed. It was not fixed. After three days we have about 10 ice cubes. So...we started calling the Service and Warranty programs. That is when we began learning of the all the undisclosed information about the Warranty. We counted our losses and changed the associated credit card number through our bank. The Credit card company is going to open a dispute with “Sears Service” for the charges. Save yourself a lot of grief and stress...DO NOT BUY the so called Sears Repair service or Warranty program.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2021

I bought a Kenmore refrigerator, 1500/2500 and still in warranty (expires Sept 2022). In the last (almost) year the technician has been checking and fixing the fridge 3 times. In this third time the problem is with the compressor and some hose. When the parts arrived I called and was assigned an appointment for the repair, that was on November 6, 2021. Since then I been rescheduled and confirmed several times: November 8, November 11, November 16, November 27, November 29, November 30, December 6, December 7. Now the 9th reschedule is December 9!!! With my experience, I would not recommend anyone purchase anything or the extend warranty from SEARS!!!!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2021

I had a very poor experience with Sears Home Services. I didn't even want to give them one star.

Timeline:
    Nov. 16--Appointment confirmation, technician will arrive Dec. 2 between 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
    Nov 29--Your appointment is soon--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm.
    Nov 30--Your appointment is in 2 days--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm.
    Dec 1--Tomorrow appointment confirmation--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm.
    Dec 2 (7:06 am)--Your appointment is today--Tech will arrive Dec 2 between 8:00 am-5:00.pm. Let us know if you need to cancel right away to avoid a service charge.

Dec. 2 (10:02 am)--updated time--Tech will arrive between 4:28 and 5:58 pm.

Result: No-show, No-call, No correspondence whatsoever. My wife had to miss a day of work costing her $140 plus she had to miss our Grandson's first basketball game of the year. The very least they could do was call and let us know that they weren't going to make it. The excuse was, it was too late to call. 5:58 pm is not too late. They then changed the excuse to had to order parts. How in the heck can they order parts if they haven't even looked at it. Had to reschedule appointment. If they don't show up this time I will go to small claims court for compensation. "I'm sorry" really doesn't cut it as far as customer service is concerned. I will never buy a Sears appliance again.

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2021

Clearly Sears has sold thousands if not more of ps5 and Xbox consoles. Then they help the scalpers sell it on their marketplace. I'm sure it's more than just consoles. These scumbags have taken major advantage of the American consumer, and during a pandemic, disgusting.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Back Story: On November 8th 2021 our 5 yr old Whirlpool dishwasher, while in wash cycle, went SNAP CRACKLE and then acrid smelling smoke started pouring out like two large cumulonimbus clouds. On November 8th we ordered a Samsung dishwasher from Sears online, which stated that someone would be in touch within 48 business hours to arrange the delivery/install/haul-away. On November 10th followed up and was asked for my address so they could place a “request for an installer” into the computer. On November 11th contacted them and was told the request is active and someone would contact me within 24-48 business hours to schedule.

Contacted again on the 15th and again on the 18th, where they said they would schedule the install, then kept me on hold for 20 minutes and dropped the call but let me leave a voice mail (!). My husband called and they told him that someone would contact him within 24-48 business hours. On the 23rd it took my husband 20 minutes to cancel the order because the person on the phone kept trying to save the sale. They charged our credit card on the 8th and it will take 10 business days to refund. And that seems to be their business model - using your money.

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2021

Re: Order #**. On Nov 3, 2021, I placed an online order for GE GSD2100VWWW 24" built-in dishwasher to be picked up in Elko, NV on Nov 22, 2021. Later that day, I found the same price point for a dishwasher locally and canceled my order. I'd already been charged and the agent I spoke with told me it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. (It should NEVER take that long for the return of funds. If you can take it out immediately, you can return it in a timely manner.) He said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION.

On Nov 5, I received an email stating that Sears was working on my order. There was nothing about the cancellation. So, I called. The agent said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, but that he would cancel it immediately. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. He said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION.

I did not receive an email at all, so on Nov 8, 2021, I called. It was a repeat of my call on Nov 5. The agent said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, but that he would cancel it immediately. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. I asked if the original date of cancellation (Nov 3, 2021) would be held to, and he said no, it would be from Nov 8, 2021. He said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION. At this point, I asked for a supervisor and was told there wasn't one I could speak with. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor, I even said I was escalated, and he would not put through to a supervisor.

On Nov 15, 2021, I called again because I have not received an email confirmation of cancellation. It was the same exact interaction except with a female agent. With a really strong accent and it was hard to understand what she was saying. But the conversation went: the agent said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, or Nov 5, or Nov 8, but that she would cancel it immediately. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. I asked if the original date of cancellation (Nov 3, 2021) would be held to, and she said no, it would be from Nov 15, 2021. She said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION. At this point, I asked for a supervisor and was told there wasn't one I could speak with. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor, I even said I was escalated, and she would not put through to a supervisor. This one ended the call with me.

On Nov 22, 2021 (today,) I called again because of not receiving an email confirming cancellation of the order. And wouldn't you know, it was the same damn conversation. This agent, her name is Jai, said it had NOT been cancelled on Nov 3, or Nov 5, or Nov 8, or Nov 15, but that she would cancel it immediately today, Nov 22, 2021. That it would take 5-10 business days for the order to be canceled and another 5-10 days before my money would be returned. I asked if the original date of cancellation (Nov 3, 2021) would be held to, and she said no, it would be from Nov 22, 2021. She said to look for an email CONFIRMING CANCELLATION.

At this point, I asked for a supervisor and was told there wasn't one I could speak with. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor, I even said I was escalated, and she would not put through to a supervisor. This agent also told me that she would end the call if I wasn't nicer. We got nowhere and she continued to refuse me a supervisor until finally, she said I could be put on a call-back list and it would take four hours or more for a supervisor to get back to me. That is completely unacceptable. (The case number for this last phone call is #**.)

So, dear Sears Corp, I should be nice that Sears hires incompetent people and I can't get my order cancelled and can't get my money back? Because that's where we're at. I've contacted my bank and will be going through the steps to deny the payment and file a fraud claim. Because what you are doing now is fraud. To be as blunt as possible and still maintain a little decorum, Sears sucks. I will never shop with any Sears Corp business ever. I want this fixed and I want it fixed now.

Reviewed Nov. 11, 2021

We had no problem with delivery delay of our refrigerator because we knew about shipping problems after covid. However, the communication from Sears is woefully inadequate. Delivery was delayed three times, each time a week. Apparently they only deliver on Wednesday. Each time it was delayed the emails were the morning of the delivery. We would arrange to be home (they don’t announce your window night before as promised).

Finally we have a delivery window called in at 1:00 am. By Costco. No notice from Sears that Costco was now doing our delivery. 15 minutes AFTER delivery window ended we got a message from sears that delivery was delayed on manufacturer's end. Huh? They didn't know that until after we stayed home all afternoon? This is the third time we have to get off work for nothing. This next delivery would have been 4 times. Totally unacceptable. We are canceling this order and buying a used one from a friend. Customer service for delivery guarantees they will not be in business for much longer. Fridge probably wouldn’t have lasted anyway because of built in obsolescence epidemic.

Customer ServiceCoveragePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2021

I made my first report of having issues with my refrigerator since July 2021. I understand that we are under a Global Pandemic and things will take time but 5 months later (November) and still without a solution is the worst experience I have ever have with any company! If this is what Sears call Customer Service I worry for the future of this company and apparently more that the managers and owners that not once made a single call to follow up on the issue. I had technicians visits more than 5 times, different technicians each time. Every time it was something new. They were passing on the hot potato since they couldn't find a solution and were retuctant to just change the whole refrigerator.

For all the losses that I had during this months they indicated that the most they could do was give me $250.00 for the food lost (like that will compensate) and if I wanted I needed to rent on my own a refrigerator and once they solve the problem (keep in mind they have no idea when) they will refund the amount. Sorry for not believing in your words but after everything I wouldn't be surprised if Sears later on when they see the bill will say; "Oh! We have a limit and we are only going to be paying for part of it."

Either way, I am so done with Sears that I am just writing this for other people. Don't buy their insurance. It's not worth it. At least for me it wasn't. I purchase it believing that I was taking a good measure to avoid issues in the future and it was the opposite. I ended up having the worst experience ever and losing more money that if I just went and buy a new refrigerator or look for someone that will have said from the beginning, "It's not working. You need a new one" and not dragged like they did beacause they will lose money.

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2021

Had my third repair cancellation today. The Sears tech lied and said I wasn't home--I was sitting in full view of the driveway the entire time. Again. The second cancellation was because a tech was ill, but the other two, the tech failed to show, and added insult to injury by saying I wasn't home. Customer Service keeps telling me I must reschedule, they can't help, and that they will pass my complaint on to management. MapQuest and Google Maps can find my house, but Sears can't? I gave them two phone numbers, my email, and detailed information with landmarks in addition to my address. No accountability, no consideration of how badly I have been treated already.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2021

I had a warranty with Sears for all of my appliances. I called to have my oven fixed. It was not turning on. They charged $75 to send someone out to assess the problem. He did not work on Viking ovens, and I had taken my oven door off to clean it. Waited for him to send a report back to Sears so they could send someone else. I had to call his company and ask them to please send the report in 3 times. Finally after a few weeks I called Sears back and they said they cannot send me another person because my oven door was off and since it was tampered with. One thing had nothing to do with the other. I cancelled my warranty.

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2021

Always growing up my dad swore on Craftsman products because of the workmanship and warranty. Recently I had a tool break, I do not live anywhere near a store as they closed in my area. It has taken me almost two months of getting pushed off to someone else and other departments, etc. I still have not resolved my warranty or spoke to anyone that can assist. I have over 19 E-mails and no reply except for 6 and that was telling me to call, when I call they tell me to send a email, it's like a vicious circle. I will never purchase Craftman again, they really went downhill!

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2021

I purchased a new Kenmore fridge from Sears in April 2021. The fridge started leaking like a sprinkler. I noticed the leak on July 5, 2021. Sears' third-party vendor came out on July 8th. I advised Sears immediately after noticing the leak. That was their version of being expedited. My hardwood floors on my main level, ruined, my base cabinets, ruined, my water bill increased due to a non-stop rapid leak for four days. It leaked all day on the 5th until mid afternoon when the vendor arrived. I asked for a full refund and Sears Customer Solution Team declined my request and stated we can exchange it.

After almost 60-days and no part in mid-August the exchange process was initiated. September 28, 2021 no exchange, keep getting the runaround, and no ETA. Please shoppers buy your appliances elsewhere. Sears hate to honor Manufacturer Warranties and Purchase Agreements but they love taking our money. Honor the agreements like you take the money.

Contract & Terms

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2021

Do not purchase anything from Sears. Our fridge stopped working in one year and 10 days. We purchased a protection agreement and thought that was a good thing. Do not waste your money. As of today, we have been told that the service agreement states that Sears has up to 6 months to obtain parts which to date have not all arrived. Therefore, we have not had a working refrigerator since 7/12/21. I am writing this review on 9/20/21. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2021

Purchased a refrigerator twice. 1st time the delivery men refused to bring it up my stairs. 2nd time, delivery was a no show. I've been waiting for my refund for 4 weeks and counting. Horrible service.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

I had scheduled a replacement of my Kenmore Refrigerator compressor after owning it for just 2.5 years (Was told by third party appliance repair company that is quite common with Kenmore). The day of the repair, they called saying they had to cancel because a technician is not available and scheduled for three weeks later. So three more weeks with out a refrigerator and all their response was, "Sorry". A third party could replace it within days... but would cost nearly as much as the refrigerator. We only have one refrigerator so not good. I will never buy from Sears, or a Kenmore product again.

Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

Don't trust their delivery dates. Ordered a freezer from their site because it said it would be shipped to my store on August 5. They now tell me it will be Sept 9. I would NOT have ordered it from here if I had known that. The only reason I ordered it was because of the delivery date. LIARS.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & Marketing

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

I use Sears Part Direct to get parts for my Kenmore refrigerator and washer/dryer. The last time I had a technician come out and install a refrigerator part, he came fast, assembled the part, left a note, and left. I love Sears part direct and even though the physical location on 79th South Chicago avenue is closed for about 9 years now, they are always available when you call and email online. This site helped me choose the parts I needed and gives you great detail according to appliance. Check the link here they have great discounts coming up: **

Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!! Do not use! The technician came out on June 16th and diagnosed that our washing machine needed a new door boot seal because the water leaked out of the front door when running a cycle. Please note, I wrote that the machine needed a new door boot seal under the “Your Special Instructions:” section when I made the initial appointment – why someone needed to come out and confirm I’ll assume is to ensure we were correct in our diagnosis - and we were. Once the machine was diagnosed, we were told the new part would be mailed to us within a few days and we set up a follow-up visit for the installation for June 29th. However, no part has been received to fix the leaking washing machine (the status page continued to read BACKORDERED due to COVID) and the machine still leaks.

On August 2nd, I reached out to Sears to cancel this order and refund the $300 deposit I made. However the customer service rep, via online chat, kept trying to go around in circles and never answer my question about cancelling the service and refunding my money. After the third time I asked the direct question of, "Is my order cancelled", she wrote yes. However kept saying that she'll "raise" the refund request. I finally had to reach out to my bank to have them credit my account because I never received the service. Immediately after that (of course) Sears contacts me about trying to resolve the issue.

They then sent an email essentially accusing me to having received the part. To which I had to keep replying that I've never received anything and the machine still leaks. They then wanted me to reach out to the parts department. I told them I'm not doing their homework for them, I'm not reaching out to anyone, I'm tired of being run around in circle, I'm tired of waiting on Sears to source a part I could have gotten on Amazon in a week and tired of a leaky washing machine. STAY AWAY! SEARS WILL RIP YOU OFF AND THEN ACCUSE YOU OF STEALING!!!!

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

We were talked into this by a tech who said we needed a service which we didn’t. We tried for another appliance; there were hidden charges and poor customer service. Cost $120 to get out of contract.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupOnline & App

Reviewed July 27, 2021

I purchased a Costway portable ice maker from Sears online store. After receiving it and installing it, it quit working on the 32 day. I tried emailing & calling the Sears service, no luck getting in touch with them. The phone was always busy. Their return policy, after installation, is only 30 days. Not only buying a piece of junk I cannot contact Sears for help. Their website is a big runaround with no end. Costway's service is about the same. No more purchases from Sears for me.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed July 9, 2021

For 6 months I've tried to get a replacement refrigerator. Sears has sent over 10 technicians during COVID, and my refrigerator hasn't worked in 6 months. They didn't care that I have a newborn and elderly people in the home. Sears Warranty Department trains their representatives to blatantly lie to customers and to keep scheduling useless repair appointment. They offer a check for a college refrigerator that they never sent. I've had the same representatives lie and lie and lie. Sears is the worse store to purchase any appliances for. Sears clothing sales has already plummeted now their appliances are garbage!

BEWARE OF PURCHASES ANY APPLIANCES FROM SEARS. Sears trains their representatives to lie to customers. Sears technicians are inexperienced and useless. All through covid they've had technicians pretending to repair parts to a 5 yrs old refrigerator. I just bought a new warranty with Sears they don't honor. I'm canceling my new warranty and never purchasing anything from Sears again. Sears employees and reps give you the run around. Instead of replacing my refrigerator they want to sent a 13th technician that can't screw in a lightbulb. BEWARE OF PURCHASING SEARS APPLIANCES OR BUYING A WARRANTY FROM SEARS. SEARS IS A RIP OFF!!!

Reviewed July 2, 2021

TERRIBLE Customer Service. Ordered a refrigerator online and it was delivered promptly, but damaged. Called to have a new one sent out and had to place a new order (so now charged twice). Second one came out more damaged than the first - so it was refused at delivery. It has been 2 months of hours on hold with customer service, bogus claims of resolution, tales of the computer systems being down, supervisors not being available, and many emails of "we need 5 more days to research this". I still have a dented fridge, 2 charges on my card, many red flags indicating fraud, and a resolve to NEVER buy anything from Sears again!

Reviewed June 28, 2021

Purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite Over the Range Convection Microwave 8/2018 for $476.00. Warranty states the Magenetron is warranted for 5 years. The magnetron failed. Called Sears. The part will be furnished at no cost, however a Sears technician must make a house call at a cost of $250.00 to bench test the appliance. If additional labor is incurred it is billed separately. To speak to a technical representative they charge $37.00. The oven light works, the fan works the oven shorts out. What is really shorted out is Sears. I can replace the microwave for $300.00? When I replace the product you can bet it will not be Sears!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 22, 2021

Have been shuffled around by 21 people and no one has had the knowledge or know what to do with my situation. It is unbelievable! I am with a home warranty company. They contacted Sears and sent them to fix my washing machine. Michael came out, piddled a little with our washer and ordered parts. He left after hanging around my house, on his phone for one hour. He could have left after 15 min. The parts came, Michael came back, wrong parts. Had to order other parts. Was supposed to come back and never showed. I called my home warranty company and asked them to offer the job to another company. They told me they typically do not do this but after hearing my story they sent another company. They came in, laughed at the parts Michael ordered and I quote, "If he bothered to look inside, he would have seen these parts are incorrect."

This company ordered the correct parts, came back and fixed my washer (within 4 days). Michael stretched my washer fixing for 3 weeks. I was billed by Sears. Talked to a woman who called me and asked why I hadn't paid my bill. I told her my story and she was going to deal with it. SHE DID NOT. Next I get a letter saying this is my last before being sent to collections. I called the good old Sears 1-800 number and they shuffled me around as mentioned before with NO results. I finally contacted headquarters and spoke to a gentleman, gave him the EXACT same information I gave to the 21 other people who conveniently could not find my name or my contract claim.

This gentleman took my information, put me on hold for 3 minutes and came back saying it was taken care of and would not be sent to claims. He also gave me my Michael ID number in case I want to file a complaint, WELL, I have a claims letter in front of me as I type. It was NOT taken care of, I had to pay so as to not ruin my credit. SOOOO, I now want my refund ASAP. This company DID NOT provide a service nor fixed my machine. I am beyond upset and will take legal actions if not responded to and send me guarantee information that this has been.

This company has such inept service representatives that only have in a small box knowledge of problems that need further help and Sears truly needs an overhaul. Sears used to have a good name, now I cringe when I hear someone say Sears. Tip for consumers: RUN, RUN, RUN. They are not worth it, even if they come in lower, they are horrible.

Reviewed June 21, 2021

I have a Master Protection Agreement with Sears. I have been calling them for more than a week to get service on my garage door opener. Each time I call they say their computers are down. I do not understand how they can do business if their computers are down for more than a week. DO NOT PURCHASE A SEARS PROTECTION AGREEMENT.

Reviewed June 12, 2021

We purchased a Kenmore over-the-range microwave. It didn't last 3 years before it kept shorting out, after it was out of warranty. It was repaired once (a blown fuse) but then a few weeks later, shorted out again. It would be nearly $700 to repair it. So, we bought another brand at another store, but that didn't fit. So, went back to Sears.com to get a new version of the previous one. Bought on a Tuesday, was promised delivery/installation on a Thursday, that day came and went with no call and no delivery/install, and when I called, they said it would be at least two business days before they could call with a new estimated delivery date. It's no wonder this pathetic outfit is going out of business. Customer Service is outsourced to India, with no option to reach a U.S. supervisor or escalate the horrible service. AVOID!

Reviewed April 30, 2021

Called SEARS Home Services to repair a riding mower last fall. Came and did not have the part and ordered it. Came back in December (after mowing season) and fixed. $139. It was for a new blade. First mow was April. Blade deck had not been leveled correctly after replacing the blade so couldn’t use. Warranty was for 90 days so they would not come back to fix without charging. They did not check if before leaving in December. Came back and fixed at a charge of $315. For something they did wrong the first time. What a rip-off!!!!