3.7/5 (274 ratings)

About Old Navy

Old Navy is a clothing and accessories retail store with locations across the U.S. The bright and open-concept floor plan lets shoppers quickly identify the different sections throughout the store, including men's, women’s, kids', baby, plus size and activewear. Each store’s layout and selection is different based on geographical location and inventory.

Pros

• Old Navy Super Cash program
  • Low-priced clothing
  • Often runs specials and promo deals

Cons

• Clothing sections can be unorganized
  • Not all stores have maternity clothes

Bottom Line

Old Navy is an American retailer that offers clothing and accessories for men, women and kids. It offers a large selection of styles and sizes along with seasonal items.

Top Old Navy Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I was at old navy yesterday, I would like to say thank you to the employee. She was very polite and very patience with me!!!! I would like to say thank you to this cashier, I did ...

Verified

I walked into Old Navy after living 2 years nearby, expecting it to cater to teenagers or the younger crowd. Needless to say, it is almost the ONLY store I shop in anymore (I'm 59...

About Old Navy

Old Navy is owned by Gap, a multinational corporation that also owns stores such as Banana Republic, Athleta, Gap Kids and Intermix. Old Navy’s signature style is what makes it such a classic brand — its jeans, graphic T-shirts, activewear, sundresses and seasonal attire make it easy to find wardrobe staples for everyone in the family.

Old Navy has special discount dates, a large clearance section and lower prices when you shop online. Old Navy consistently offers coupon codes, Old Navy Super Cash and flash sales.

Most Old Navy stores are located in large malls and shopping centers and offer between 10,000 and 15,000 square feet of shopping space. The store’s open layout makes it easy to see all the different areas no matter where you are, and features like hopscotch and kid-size picnic tables in the children’s area keep little ones busy while parents shop.

The space is designed to be bright and open without a lot of distractions. Some stores have adopted high-tech options that make shopping easier, like mobile cash registers and price-checking stations.

How does Old Navy Super Cash work?

Old Navy has a signature savings program that rewards customers for shopping. These Super Cash deals run periodically through the year, and customers receive Old Navy Super Cash for every predetermined amount they spend — for example, customers can earn $10 in Old Navy Super Cash for every $25 they spend in-store or online.

Super Cash can’t be used for gift cards or online clearance items, and it can only be used during the specific future dates listed on the cash. Customers can earn a maximum of $30 in Super Cash per transaction.

Old Navy costs

Old Navy is known for offering casual and high-quality clothing at an affordable cost. Below are some examples of Old Navy’s most popular items and prices.

ProductCost
Women’s graphic T-shirt$12 - $18
Women’s skinny jeans$30 - $40
Kid’s T-shirt$7 - $12
Men’s straight leg jeans$35 - $50
Men’s graphic T-shirt$12 - $18

Other things you can expect to see on Old Navy shelves include:

• Jumpsuits and rompers
  • Shoes
  • Pajamas and loungewear
  • Bathing suits
  • Maternity and plus-size options
  • Big and tall size options
  • School uniform essentials

Customers can save money by signing up for the Old Navy credit card, joining the email list and using online coupon codes and promotions.

Old Navy offers an “everyday free shipping” option to all 50 states, and delivery usually takes between five to seven business days. Standard shipping is $7 and takes three to five business days, Expedited shipping is $17 and takes two to three business days, and next-day shipping is $22.

Old Navy FAQ

Where does Old Navy ship from?
Old Navy’s warehouse is in New York, but Old Navy ships to all 50 states.
When did Old Navy open?
Old Navy opened in 1994.
Where can I use my Old Navy credit card?
The Old Navy card is a store credit card, which means it can be used only at Old Navy and other stores owned by Gap.
Do Old Navy jeans run big or small?
Typically jeans and shirts at Old Navy run large.
Does Old Navy have maternity clothes in stores?
Some stores do, but others do not. You can purchase maternity clothes online.

Is Old Navy good quality?

Yes. Old Navy is known for its high-quality clothes sold at competitive prices. Clothes are well made and last a long time. Old Navy is not a luxury brand, but it's a popular store for people shopping for casual clothing for the whole family. The store focuses on timeless styles that ensure items you buy won’t become dated quickly.

Old Navy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

About 6-8 months ago, Old Navy changed their business model for their Women's clothing department. Prior to the change, their plus size clothes were only available online and were always considerably more expensive than the misses line of clothing. Now, all their women's clothing is available from size S-4X in stores for the same price point. As a plus sized woman, this is such a wonderful change. I applaud them for realizing that plus size women would like the same options and misses sized women and not have to pay and arm and a leg for it.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I was looking for some outfits for my daughter and an associate named Vanessa stopped and asked if I needed help. She helped me find as many as I liked and even was kind to order more for me! Thank you for being so patient and kind Vanessa!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2021

First time dealing with Old Navy. The young woman was very knowledgeable. Always thought their prices were high. Was surprised the prices are very reasonable. The clothes for men who are small framed are perfectly small measured.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Has surprisingly good quality items for bargain prices. I recently bought several packages of masks. All were 3 layers and big enough to meet public health guidelines. Also it’s my go to place for pyjamas and casual clothes. Lots of pretty fabric and last for years.

Original review: May 15, 2022

Have you ever heard of Old Navy rejecting a return they received within the 45 day window because they didn’t process it within 45 days on their end? I just received my return back, rejected due to “late return”. Even the rep at customer service was confused, as he confirmed that my return was received within the policy and before the 45 day cutoff. It so happens that old navy just changed their window to 30 days (5/1/22), yet I purchased items before that change went into effect and they are supposed to be honored for 45. The items even appeared as “non returnable” online prior to my sending them back, yet the customer service rep told me it was a system error when I called to set up an exchange.

My issue was forwarded to a person in “leadership” who lacked customer service skills, and she’s saying that old navy requires you to mail items back with up to two weeks for them to process the return (and still be within the 45 day timeframe, mind you) and is sending me yet another return label as a “one time courtesy”. Excuse me, but I believe someone screwed up and I had already done all the legwork of calling, confirming, and mailing in time. Has anyone else ever heard of such nonsense? Or such poor customer service? What a way to lose my business.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I was at the Old Navy store on Krause Blvd. in Solon, OH May 2021. I was in the dressing room with other women and young girls when I noticed a man on a ladder above the dressing rooms looking down into all the dressing rooms. The store manager did not think this was a problem. I called the corporate office to repot this issue and with a few phone calls back to me they wanted to pay me off with a $50 coupon. I did not accept and will never visit an Old Navy store again. Please do not shop Old Navy!!

Original review: April 15, 2022

I returned two, very lightweight, tops and was expecting $42.98 refund. I checked my credit card statement today. Only received a credit for $31.14. WHAT? It cost me $11.84 because they sent the wrong size. Just ridiculous, I will NEVER buy from Old Navy again!

Original review: April 3, 2022

Over at least the past 5 years, I have made multiple online purchases from Old Navy. Every time I have done so, I have been unable to sign into my account despite multiple attempts to change my password, switch to a different device, clear my cache, reboot my electronic device and call into customer service (who has never been able to rectify this situation). I do not recall ever having been able to make an online purchase without having to do so as a guest. I can't even sign in on my Old Navy app because of this issue. I do not know if my points from my online purchases as a guest are actually added to my account because I cannot log into my account to view this. I doubt it, as I have few (if any) points racked up to take advantage of when I have gone into an Old Navy store.

I am wondering if this is done intentionally to random people in order to make more money off of people who regularly spend money at Old Navy. Seems needless and really underhanded for a huge publicly traded corporation to stoop to such low levels to save a few bucks on ordinary, middle-income families. The products themselves are of good quality otherwise I wouldn't continue to shop there. This is just more than 5 years of frustration built up over an issue that should have been easy to solve.

Original review: March 31, 2022

First of all, you cannot write a low star review online anymore, the Old Navy website is not accepting them. You cannot get any help, to enter your honest review or feedback. There is new leadership and the system is broken. There is only a "no reply" email, though it doesn't list it that way. There are only unprofessional untrained people in the "chat" option or first-tier phone support that will not listen or let you speak to someone who can. They will not record the chats or send them anywhere you just have no options or help at all. I don't know if it is because it is no one in America hired for Old Navy that they are using in this capacity but no one will help or send anywhere up the chain.

I am getting no response for two months now for help to submit my reviews on their clothing. I did get a link in my email, and clear all my caches, and history and try it in different browsers, computers, and phones, and it will not accept my low star reviews stating a website error that they won't acknowledge. The clothes look cute online. Old Navy “appears” to care about Diversity- that’s my star. I have concern with the quality of clothing. In particular, the vintage sweatshirt and jogger sets I purchased late fall 2021. I noticed after I wore them just a couple times lounging around the house the knees bag out by a several inches and do not go back. I attached pictures of how the clothes actually look with a couple wears.

Washing the sweatshirts and joggers they become very thin, and pill/ball. I’m incredibly disappointed in the quality. It seems I can only wear these old navy clothes once, which is irresponsible in clothing. I’m upset that I’m having to continue to spend money every month on clothes that could’ve last years. There’s incredible shrinkage actually making everything too short too, and being only 5’5” I’ve never experienced the pants turning into cropped length for me. I am not into fast fashion and I wish to encourage Old Navy to work on the quality rather than quantity of offerings.

I feel bad giving clothes to Goodwill after a couple wears/ washes but what am I to responsibly do? I have a gentle washer/detergent, use cool water and hang dry. I would have returned but I missed the window. I’m hoping there was just an issue with this line but I feel taken advantage of. This is what I got thinking that I would have house clothes that lasted at least a season. It’s important, especially these days, to be conscious to make things that last for people.

What is much worse with all of this is the quality of people they are hiring to “chat”. There is no email address you can send to talk to someone who might care. Treatment from new foreign representatives is appalling. I sent information and they just ended the chat and wouldn’t let me save it. When I call to talk to someone I’m pretty much harassed for a few minutes with false information while they tell me there is nothing that can be done. Old Navy, this sucks.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

My family and I placed online orders at the same time for Christmas pajamas. They got theirs, but part of mine was canceled due to not in stock (same items my family got). I then received the rest of my order and the gripper socks I ordered were a pair of T4-5 tights instead. Horrible service!!

Old Navy Company Information