1.36/5

244 Old Navy Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2019

Worst customer service experience I have had in years. The phone agent at the online order dept (Old Navy Canada) won’t stop shouting for no reason. All I asked for was to correct an address and her tone was so harassing my ears are still ringing from talking to her. This woman Mrs. ** needs some lessons on how to speak to people in a correct and polite manner before she is allowed to pick up that phone. Such a disgrace to your company to hire such aggressive people.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I’ve been an online and in store customer of Old Navy for 12 years. Ever since my first daughter was born. Over the past year, I’ve received multiple packages with missing items. I have 3 children now and the majority of the clothes they wear are Old Navy. I’ve always been treated respectfully when calling to let them know there’s been a screw up. It’s never been anything huge - a missing packages of socks or a hole in a sweater once. Until this last order totaling $200 in clothes for my youngest. There were 8 items missing out of 17!

When I called to explain, they opened up a case file to look into the issue further because this has happened before! So now, we wait. In the meantime, I stew and try to figure out ways I can prove the issue is with their shipping department and NOT ME. Don’t they weigh their packages before shipping? They could easily compare weights of what my package was VS. What it should’ve been with the proper amount of items. SADLY, I don’t think my family or I will be shopping, at least online from Old Navy again.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I opened my Old Navy Card 2016. I charge my purchases and then pay off pretty quickly and always on time. Credit Karma alerted me my account was closed. Logged into Old Navy to confirm. They just hurt my credit by closing that account. Based on this experience, I will never shop at Old Navy again.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I tried to return some clothes (some of them were gifts) to Old Navy today (04/22/2019) without a receipt. The cashier took my driver license information, the return went through ok, just at the last step something she did was wrong, so the return did not complete. So she did the second time, after she input my driver license information, the return got declined. So I called the phone number (1-855-828-9670) they gave me, the representative was very rude and unprofessional, the only thing he said was "You can not return them without a receipt." and I was asking for the supervisor, he told me the supervisor was not available. Here is Old Navy's return policy "You can return gifts without a gift receipt to stores. You will receive a merchandise certificate in the amount of the current selling price of the item(s) returned. Valid id required. Merchandise certificates can be redeemed in store at Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic or Athleta.

Original review: April 14, 2019

At check out I was offered a credit card short application and I was told that if I did then I would get a discount. I told the cashier that I don't like credit card and that I would probably never use it. She said I could just apply and not use it so I did get it just for the discount but paid cash for my purchase. Then few months after Experian sent me a notice telling me my credit went down about 50 points for not paying Old Navy. I called Old Navy credit card department and they told me that my side of the story was not true because they cashiers cannot accept cash payments. That the computer doesn't give them the option. So I had to pay for the same purchase again and my credit will stay low. I lost $146 to Old Navy. I went back and the cashier does accept cash payments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: April 7, 2019

I went to Old Navy on Saturday April 6. The clerk rang up my merchandise and then I gave him a coupon that I received via email. The coupon gave me the discount and a total came up. I ran my debit card and the machine said approved. Then the clerk said there was something wrong with the coupon and I needed to have an Old Navy credit card for the coupon. When I showed them that that was not a qualification on the coupon, they realized the clerk rang in the wrong code. So then they proceed to tell me that I need to run my card again. I asked why when the machine said transaction approved. They told me that the transaction wasn't completed and that it didn't go through because of the coupon error.

I pulled out my phone and look up my account and sure enough the money was already deducted from my account. They told me no it wasn't even though I showed them that there was a charge for $269.18... the exact amount that they wanted me to re-run my card for. They told me that if I wanted the merchandise I would have to run my card again. There was no way I was going to run my card again so that they could deduct another $269 from my account. So they called the manager who called customer relations and they claimed there was no such monies taken from my account and that if I wanted the merchandise I would have to run my card again. I refused. I told them I didn't want the clothes anymore and that I wanted my money back. They told me no and gave me a case number for the issue and that I would be contacted.

I called my bank and they told me that indeed they deducted the funds and that they were responsible for reversing the funds because I used a debit card instead of a credit card. I was told by the bank that the funds would finish being withdrawn by Tuesday and that if they continued with the withdrawal I could file fraud charges. I went back in to get the manager's name and realized that she never bothered to take my name or phone number and she still wouldn't take my name.

I called Old Navy to try to resolve it. The first person I talked to disconnected me. I called back and got someone else, but I was told that even though I was talking to customer complaints I would have to wait until Monday to talk to customer relations. I told her that, "I bet you don't have my name and phone number so how was it suppose to be resolved." She sat there silent. I said, "I see you aren't interested in taking my info either." She finally took my info and I told them that I wanted to hear from them first thing tomorrow. I am sitting here without my money, without my merchandise and a nightmare of a time trying to resolve this crap. I will never shop there again.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Hey y’all, don’t buy from this place everrrr online. I ordered items. Cost almost $200. I received it and realized the sizes were too big, so I exchanged it. And you won’t believe they made me pay about over a hundred for the stuffs I was exchanging & told me they would refund me once they receive the returned items. Ok so I paid the amount for the exchanged items. The items finally came and I noticed the bag felt very light, lo and behold the quality of the clothes were awful like awful awful. If any of you know the store ‘Rainbow’, it was lesser quality than Rainbow and I spent over a hundred on this. Now I’m waiting for Old Navy to refund me $311 cause I’m sending back the rubbish quality they sent. Horrible company, I deeply regret shopping with them! They suck!

Original review: March 22, 2019

I used to be a big Old Navy customer, and enjoyed using their credit card and building up points to earn "rewards". This went along fine for awhile, though using the rewards varied greatly by store/employee. You were limited how many reward coupons you could use (some of mine were $5). Ok, fine - not a big deal. Then one time I needed to return an item I had purchased using rewards - good luck! I could not exchange, rather, had to go online, fill out some essay style form. Not worth my time - donated the unwanted item to charity.

For the price point of the clothing, the quality used to be okay, though has cheapened over time. Admittedly, I have not been in one of their stores in a year or so, just checked to see what the limit was on my card (hadn't used in a while). Was closed. No notice or alert of any kind. So much for a loyal customer that always paid on time. Right back at ya, Old Navy. My recommendation to anyone reading - use another credit card and earn cash back or simply pay cash when shopping. Their crazy high-interest credit card is not worth the hassle!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Old Navy is by far my favorite place to buy clothes and shoes. I order at least bi-monthly online and stop in the store a few times a month and always make a purchase. Lately the quality of the products have been terrible. I ordered a cute blouse for the spring and it came in the mail extremely wrinkled and had a hole in the sleeve. On a separate purchase I ordered a pair of pink flats. The flats came with one shoe being a 8 and the other a 6 (My size is a 8). Overall the quality of their clothes is becoming disappointing. The clothes falls apart after a few washes. Old Navy used to be so much better!!! Another problem I have with Old Navy is the horrible customer service online and at the store.

I called to ask for a refund or exchange for the shirt with a hole in it and the 2 different sized shoes. Both employees I spoke to were extremely rude. I received a new blouse at no additional cost, but the shoe problem was never corrected. The man insisted that I could not possibly have 2 different sizes shoes. I returned them at my local store and received a credit. The employees at my store in South Louisiana are absolutely horrible. They are rude and have more interest playing on their phones than helping customers. It’s so sad that my favorite clothing store is turning into a very negative place!!!

Original review: March 10, 2019

Do not sign up for this credit card! I take extreme pride in my credit score. My scores are in the high 800's. When you sign up, it is a hard inquiry. Not even a light inquiry. I made a small purchase in December with the Old Navy card. I rarely use this card, (that has a 10,000 limit). I never received a statement. When I finally did. My 35.00 purchase, was now over 100.00. They had charged me late fees. Dinked my credit score 66 points!!! Who does that? No emails, no call. Nothing. Only a statement 2 months later, showing the apparent late fees from the missed payments.

I immediately paid the 100.00. Called to cancel the card. I explained to customer service, no statement had been sent. I have never had a late payment, on any credit card. Obviously, I have outstanding credit to be issued 10,000 limit, on a Old Navy card. I explained, "I want this corrected with TransUnion." Was told it will take 30 days. We all know, this is not going to be fixed. How they are able to continue issuing credit cards? I'm baffled by it. Worthless company.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I ordered several items for my new niece to be shipped directly to my brother's home 8 hours away. I had a questions about the shipping charges, called the customer service line, and received prompt and helpful service with very little wait time. Very impressed. I will definitely be ordering online again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Went to return four pairs of jeans that I bought on Black Friday. So mind you my daughter didn't get them until Christmas and the jeans had holes in them. I wanted an even exchange with my receipt and the Manager Cheesa in the Waterford Lakes in Orlando store refused to help me. She gave me a number to call in which I did and they told me that it was all up to the department store manager to approve it. So long story short I have four pairs of brand new jeans with holes in them just sitting in my house.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I just placed an order from their APP, after placing the order I realized I selected the incorrect shipping and billing information. First, I couldn't find the order info on their order tab on the app (This hasn't worked on previous orders either) and there was obviously no order cancelation option. I called customer service and the girl who answered sounded like I had just disturbed her and woken her from a nap. I asked her to please cancel my order as I no longer live at that delivery address and that the wrong card was billed.

She said that they don't have a order cancelation option, but that she would submit a request and hopefully the order center will see the request before sending off the items, but that there's a possibility that I will be billed and the items will be shipped out and I'd have to wait till it was returned from the incorrect address to have my money refunded. This is the trashiest process on the planet. Most clothing distributors have a cancelation option immediately after placing the order. This is such an inconvenience and makes me not want to take a risk and order from them or their faulty app again!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

When I walked in I asked an associate for help locating the sweaters on sale as advertised. He responded by telling me they were not able to find them. As I searched through the store I saw nothing but piles of clutter everywhere. I took pictures and videos because I was in such disbelief to what I saw. Needless to say I did not make a purchase.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Shopped at Old Navy for clothes for my grandchildren. It was a miserable experience. Everything was in a total disarray. Hard to find anything. Clothes were in the floor and thrown on tables like garbage. Unable to match and coordinate outfits... Employee sees my frustration and rather than asking if I need some help ignores that I am even there and walks away. Horrible horrible horrible.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I am pissed! I will never order from Old Navy again! I order several items on 11-26-2018. Out of all items I got one item! I got an email stating other orders are in process! It's 12-18-2018. I call to see exactly where my items are because it's almost Christmas and have yet to see any of my items! They tell me they were cancelled and I should have received an email about it! WHAT!!! I didn't receive a call, text or email about my items being cancelled because of stock! Are you kidding me!!! That was my first and last time shopping at Old Navy! OLD NAVY WILL NEVER GET ANY OF MY MONEY EVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I made an online order at Old Navy on 11/15/18 expecting delivery on 12/17/18. On the day of the delivery I get an email around 1pm stating I would not get my clothing because my address was undeliverable. I call customer service to go over the information. The agent tells me my address is correct but he does not know why I didn't get my order. He had no information for me and did not have any of the clothing left that I ordered. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I went to the store today to return two $7 PJs. You would have thought I was asking to return the Hope Diamond. I had my receipt in hand for one item and the other item they had ordered from in the store. Had the email confirming order and delivery of it. The pathetic clerk kept telling me that the items were not on my receipt. I could clearly see 5 pairs of PJ pants and 3 tops (the other two had to be ordered). The girl insisted that I had purchased 3 pair of medium pants even though I had not. I wanted to exchange, but they no longer had the items, so she wanted to give me store credit, which I didn’t want because I do not regularly shop there.

As the line steadily built behind me, she still refused to return my items for a refund. I was reminded why I quit shopping there many years ago. I left, livid that this was such a headache. I had to call their 800 number and then go to a different store since I refused to drive back over there to get a refund. Needless to say, I will not be going back after this experience.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered 20 items online the middle of November. Instead of shipping the whole order together, Old Navy decides to ship them in 4 different packages. The shipment that contains 12 of the 20 items never made it to my house but when tracked it shows “delivered to front door” (lies). Customer service said things get misscanned all the time & I needed to wait until the promised ship date to call back for a refund. They were very rude & not helpful at all. I can’t believe a big company like Old Navy would have sure terrible customer service in 2018. I will never make an online order with Old Navy again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered 19 items from Old Navy as Christmas presents for my kids. They canceled 16 of the items because they were sold out! Because of their poor inventory system, I missed out on other deals from other stores. One of the items ordered was a Christmas dress for my daughter and now I’ll have to pay full price for one. I am extremely disappointed with the Old Navy brand. I still cannot believe they canceled so many items! Now I have to try and find all new items for the same budget and most of the good sales are over.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have placed FOUR orders for the above jeans. The first pair I received had defective flaws in the material. I called up and was sent a second pair. Same SKU number, same size. The second pair arrived and was the same as the first pair. Defective lines all through the jeans. I again called Customer service and was told that they would launch an investigation to look into this problem I am having and would let me know when it was done so that I could again order these jeans. Keep in mind each time I received defective items I again had to return to the store and return these for a Credit on my Visa. I receive an email telling me that the investigation is completed and I again order the jeans (I really want these jeans). Again nobody from Customer service requesting a picture of the defects in the jeans.

I am sent out a third pair of jeans. I received the third pair of jeans and again same problem. Defective material and lines all through the jeans front/back/inseam/pockets. I again call your Customer service and speak now to a fifth person and tell them they need to contact your warehouse that these jeans are shipping from and have someone physically go out and look at all the product of this size and SKU number, and see the problem I have described (again doesn’t ask for a picture of defective jeans). They say that this will be done and they will again let me know when I can re-order these jeans. Well I am notified again that I can re-order the jeans for the fourth time and that the problem has been fixed and that the wrong jeans were sent out the last three times.

I receive the fourth pair of jeans on Nov. 14th and again the same problem!!! What is wrong with your warehouse staff that they cannot do their job and investigate this batch of defective jeans but can still send me out again another pair with the same problems. I again for the fourth time have to return these to the store at my expense and inconvenience. I am very disappointed with this and again have to return to the store to get my Credit. I think you were sold a batch of jeans with defective material on all of them. I don’t know what is so hard about having someone actually physically checking this SKU number. I think that you need to be more diligent in what you are sending out to your Customers, especially for the fourth time around. These are definitely not what your website reflects these jeans to be. Unfortunately I cannot buy these petite size jeans in the store, another thing you might want to change to stock petite sizes in your stores.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

If I have to ever shop online, I will never buy from Old Navy, they will ship you wrong products or sometimes ship you incomplete order and then apologize that some products were out of stock... If they were out of stock then why you had them shown available on your website. I will never buy from Old Navy again... crappy products and crappy service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I ordered a coat and it was "delivered" to my house but there was no coat there. I was told it was "probably still on the truck". Two days goes by, no coat. I just call to reorder and it's sold out. Great.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I like this site and the quality of some items. What I don't like is the price change. I understand prices are subject to change. Old Navy does it on a daily basis. Yesterday they had $12 pants for girls. Today they are $16.00. I have also noticed that they up their prices when they have a "big sale" going on.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Your stores must me hedging their bets that the 'obesity epidemic' in America is fake news because only a small portion of the stock in the Mt. Pleasant, SC inventory is loose fitting or athletic cut (which I wanted). I understand I may not be your target market but really? As I was in the store and walking around outside, I was only seeing a few guys that could fit into the pants you stock. I love shopping at your store but I can't go back if there's only a small portion of inventory to try on.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I ordered my daughter 3 items on August 28th. It was to be delivered by September 7th according to the site. On the 6th I received an email saying it could be 30 MORE days! I called them and they say because of back to school orders they’re behind. This is not a new company. They’ve had to experience back to school before. So a month and a half to possibly receive my in stock order is ridiculous. Then customer service is rude and offers no help other than to tell me I can cancel my order. I won’t be ordering from them again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Old Navy has the worst customer service when it comes to their online orders. First of all, if you are placing an order for pick up in store, they will only apply it to items you individually select for store pick up. Secondly, the hold to get a customer service rep was over 15 mins. After patiently waiting to speak to someone, they weren't helpful at ALL! Very frustrating OLD NAVY! Very disappointed in their service. In this day and age you should really upgrade your services to be able to make quick changes just as fast as you take customers' money! I will not be purchasing any more items from Old Navy.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Listen, I love Old Navy, they have great deals. But they have to do something about the way the handle online orders. First off, the shipping method is beyond ridiculous. I ordered about 20 items for my daughter, and after having to call to verify my address and credit card info (2 times in 1 week) I finally get the order through, and ON sends my order in like 50000 different shipments. 2 shirts here, 1 pant there, 4 sweaters here, all with different delivery dates. Seriously? You can send everything in 1-2 shipments? ** stupid!

Also, they have introduced a order online, pick up at store system, which sounds great, but they are too busy flagging everyone's card for fraud, and store team is halfway aware of online orders, that it makes the whole thing pointless. I'm guessing this applies to GAP and Banana as well, since they are owned by same idiots. Please fix, get it together with the shipping and let folks combine bonus cash with promo codes. Completely worthless if you can't even do that.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I ordered 2 pairs of maternity jeans and a couple of shirts from Old Navy’s website. Promptly, I receive a confirmation email stating my tracking number and expected receiving date. As I had opted for 3-5 days shipping, 7 days later I noticed my shipment was still pending so I messaged customer service and asked if there was a delay because of something I did or if it was on their end, because I needed something that wasn’t yoga pants for a meeting coming up soon and would like to know if I needed drive a few hours away to purchase some new clothes in the meantime.

The next day, I was sent the same generic email they send to everyone that asked a shipping related question, telling me to be patient, they have no control over anything, and that I would receive my order by the expected delivery date. The following day, I received an email stating it could take up to 30 days to get my items. Usually, this wouldn’t be a huge deal, but I’m 7 months pregnant, suddenly don’t fit into any of my clothes, have a full time job and nowhere remotely near me that sells maternity clothing.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered clothes on August 24th from Old Navy, All items showed in stock at time of purchase. When placing order standard shipping was free due to price of my order, and showed items would be shipped within in 5-8 business days. Payment by company processed in full at time of purchase which is standard. As of September 5th I have yet to receive my items, and have called Old Navy's customer service department now 3x’s because a few items have yet to be shipped. All items were promised by 9/5 which is also past the 5-8 day advertised on the company's website.

I understand and expect delays, but their company website doesn't not update you with status changes nor can you get much information when speaking to a customer service associate. Old Navy CSR told that the items that still on a truck in one of the company's warehouses, but there hadn‘t been a status update beyond that, and that the company is behind with back to school orders. When I asked if maybe my paperwork got lost in the shuffle the rep told me it was possible that he didn't know. I advised that I received a generic email from Old Navy that my product should be to me within 30 days, but that's it. The customer service rep told me that they couldn’t help me until after the guaranteed ship date of 9/5.

After 9/5 I could call in and cancel my order, or he could resubmit my order and request expedited shipping. I expressed I understood delays, but this was getting a little ridiculous. He then proceeded to offer me a 20% discount off my next order. I advised there was no need because I will not be ordering from this company again when I can‘t seem to even get my first order. Once a company has my money I expect my product to be shipped in a timely manner or to get my money back. I don't have a problem waiting 2 weeks for my order to be delivered, however to not be communicated with as a consumer who has ordered your product based on a timeline your company advised, and then get the run around is ridiculous. Old Navy has been by far my worst online shopping experience and I have bought many items online.

Old Navy Company Information