1.32/5
Based on 187 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

210 Old Navy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 4, 2018

I went to pick up some shirts at Old Navy store 3414 in Valdosta, GA. Upon arrival I was greeted as usual and went on to shop. As I made my way over to the boys section a ** lady with long dreads who works there (who I now know is a manager on shift.) asked me did I need help. I told her "No" and that I like to make my way through the store slowly as you find better deals that way. Ohh boy, why did I say that. She had her workers watching me as if I was stealing. You could feel it tell it as she looked and whispered and followed me around that she thought I was up to something, but I wasn't. I was shopping like any other customer. It made me feel so uncomfortable. I tried to ignore it.

I finally got the best deals I could find, paid for my stuff and left. I don't understand how someone shopping is supposed to look but apparently ** with a cap on ain't it. I even tried to hold a friendly conversation to ease her and me and it didn't. I am so annoyed that she ruined my shopping experience as I love Old Navy's brand and specifically wanted my whole family to be dressed in their clothes for our family photos tomorrow for the 4th of July. #Beyond annoyed!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Ordered online and received confirmation. Then order was cancelled with no reason given. I called customer service and they said it was a credit card issue, which was impossible. They resent order - I never got it. However I did get a email saying I RETURNED THE ORDER... which I didn't. Called customer service again, couldn't understand the person talking and she couldn't give me any info. I gave up... there are other places to shop without hassle. Didn't need it that bad anyway.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 26, 2018

Five items that I ordered 8 days ago - that were promised to arrive within 5-7 business days - have not even shipped yet. One shipped several days ago but there is no sign of it. The others, according to an email I received from Old Navy, will ship "when they are in stock." There was no notice when I ordered and PAID for the items that they weren't even in stock. Emails back from Old Navy urged me to be patient. I tried to send another email back to them and now their email in-box is mysteriously "full" so they can't accept any more emails. I will NEVER order from them again.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Bad enough I ordered some hoodies. Didn't get them till two weeks later after wanting them to go back to them because now were 10 each cheaper. Then you get clothes that aren't the length or looks of what they have on photos then because it would cost me 50 dollars or more for over a half tank gas to return to a store near me 1 hr there then 1hr back again as they keep telling me to do for a faster Visa return (instead of 3-4 wks for it returned to Visa).

Then to return I have to stay home for UPS for whenever (good they pick up) but your life gone waiting and waiting for return money pickups and you can't see the product if the same as it shows on the site or not then the sizes off and some really cheap material for the cost. I am really disappointed after buying for grandkids and self and now they are waiting their money back for a month to buy elsewhere. So means my money gone helping them now awaiting forever return monies. No online friendly to say the least. Oh then sending other colours and sizes cause they ran out. Helllooo.

Original review: April 17, 2018

If you're at all interested in shopping at one of Old Navy's retail stores, they will ask you at the time of checkout to provide them with an email address in order to send you information on different savings you can get on products. I made the mistake of giving them my email thinking I would get an email every once in a while, but they took the opportunity to email me multiple times on a daily basis. Since I got tired of the amount of email I was having to remove from my inbox, I opted out of their email communications. That should've been the end of it.

Since March 24th, they have emailed me every single day and often multiple times per day. They have ignored my unsubscribe requests and their customer service ignores any complaints about spam or requests to have an email address removed from their database. Do NOT under any circumstance give them your email address. If you're shopping online, you may want to use a temporary email address that you do not need to check on a normal basis, otherwise you will be cleaning up a lot of spam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: April 10, 2018

I had recently been in a car accident and hospitalized for 3 months. I had got in contact with Old Navy about my account, as I obviously couldn't contact to pay on my account. I called right away and let them know I would have the account paid in full by the end of the month. This is when for sure, my paycheck would be available in my account. I logged on this morning to find out what the payoff was. I saw my account was closed AFTER I spoke to the woman just the other day. I called to find out why. The man just kept stating when it's closed, there is nothing they can do. Thank you for making it easier for me. My friends and family will be closing their accounts as well. I will continue to spread their inconsiderateness everywhere. Yes, it's my job to ensure my account is paid. Without a doubt, I'm aware. Circumstances what they were, this was impossible. Get employees that can give your customers correct information.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Store only help certain people. Pls do not ask Megan in Waco for help. That's not what she there for and if you want to be laughed at go to Stephanie but keep in mind you have to be of a certain race to be offered any kind of extra help but to sweep your card and go on your way.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I purchase from Old Navy online frequently as they carry petite sizes only online. I DREAD however, returning items because inevitably they give me a hard time or make me feel badly for returning items to the store. One time, I was told I would have to have a CHECK MAILED to me for a returned item. Then, when I went to use it I was informed I could not get any change back and they would have to mail me another check, which I never received, which totaled less than $2.00!

Another time, I was told it was outside of the 30 day return window so they would not accept the return even though I had a receipt and the SAME item was still displayed and sold in the store. Every time I have returned an item I am told I cannot get money back because I purchased it online and would have to get a credit applied to my card. Hello, I hold a GAP card and I don't want cash back! I spend a lot of money at Old Navy as a credit card holder and Rewards acct customer and I still get treated like a criminal. Shame on you, Old Navy!

Original review: March 7, 2018

Old Navy is making unrealistic promise dates and the night before promise date advising they can't deliver. I had phoned early in the day and the rather condescending phone representative made it sound like this very outcome I feared was not possible and silly of me to be calling worried. Instead, she should have given me a realistic idea and said that it happens at times and why so I could have time to go shopping for a plan B today for my daughter's assembly coming up in a few days. Paying for overnight isn't going to be overnight but it may not even be three or four days later and that is misleading. Could websites don't let you choose unrealistic options rather than just get your hopes up for a sale.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

So I went to the Old Navy this Friday the one in Chinook and look at this rack said 12.99. I went there. Start looking if I could find something good, I found these jogger went up to cashier and he said they were 44.99. I asked him if he could do a price check and he asked this lady to price check. I went with the lady and showed her where I found the joggers from. It was not the only pant there, there were more hanging on the same rack. So she told me, "Yes. Those will be 12.99" and when I go back the cashier he said, "Oh no. These were on wrong spot," I said, "There are more there. Is not the only one" and I also told him that this lady just said, "Yes. They are 12.99". He started arguing with me so I was like whatever. They didn't say sorry or anything. I was really disappointed and I would never go there again. He gave the pants for $25. I will prefer you guys to do the same. Try ignoring that place. They don't respect you or treat you like customer.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I went into Old Navy today to return gifts that were sent to my niece from another family member in Portland Oregon. I had the items and the receipt with the tags on both articles of clothing. They asked, “What is your reason for the return” I said “These items were gifts sent to my niece, and they do not fit.” The receipt totaled $58.79. I was immediately told that due to the fact that these items were passed 45 days, I was receiving 1/2 the value. The next jaw stopping comment was they would mail me the money in a check, excluding the tax that was paid. I said, “I would like to speak to a manager.” I told the manager I wanted a store credit so I could get my niece something comparable, and I wanted the full value on the receipt. She said, "No!"

I told her I would be contacting the regional office for their complete disregard for customer service. I told them, “So instead of a merchandise credit? Of 58.79. I get to spend additional money for what I came in to buy??? And receive a check for 25.00 or less dollars in the mail, in 10-20 days or so." I walked the store in disbelief!!! The store looked like a hurricane blew through it, it took me 1.5 hours to find two semi-normal pairs of jeans for my niece, which I still had to pay out of my own pocket. I will never, I repeat never shop there again. If I had not just donated every small pair of jeans my niece owned, I would have just left, as it was. I exhausted myself looking for something that even came close to decent quality, it was the last stop of the day. I needed to get these pants, but I am beyond disgusted with most of the crap in the store, and the rotten policies. DONE with you Old Navy. Your merchandise credit will collect cobwebs.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

A few days ago I bought some pants at Old Navy using both cash and a gift card. I got home and realized the size on the sticker was not the correct pant size, and I had bought the wrong size. I went back to return them unworn, and with the receipt. I wanted cash back since I don’t often shop at Old Navy but they wouldn’t give me anything except store credit. That is ridiculous! If I am not satisfied with a purchase, the product is unused, with tags attached, and I have the original receipt I should be able to return something how I would like! We will not be shopping at Old Navy again because the return policy is frustrating and their products don’t seem to last anyways!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I will never buy anything from Old Navy again. I tried to return some tops that I bought 2 months ago, yes past the 45 days return. I had only washed them one time and threads were pulling out on all three shirts. I was told this is normal wear and tear and I should expect this to happen. Well guess what Old Navy... That is not normal and I'm disappointed that your representatives think it is. No one wants to wear something for the second time with pulled threads all over it. I hope this helps others make their mind up to also not shop at this store.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I have had my Old Navy card for at least 13 years. I found out today that my account was closed without them even notifying me. My credit is better now than when I opened my account! This makes zero sense! I’ve always paid on time and actually had my balance paid off! Are they going out of business?? This is no way to treat a loyal Old Navy customer. I’ll never shop at Old Navy, Gap or Banana Republic again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Very disappointed. I get an email on Sunday at 7:16 pm stating: $10 jeans (really!). When I open the email it indicates that this is "TODAY ONLY IN-STORE AND ONLINE, 12/17." Just curious what good this is when the stores in my area close at 7:00 pm. I called Customer Service today and was provided with a 10% Discount promotion. While this is something, it in no way makes up for the price shown in the email. This is misleading, unethical and probably illegal. Hopefully this is NOT DONE AS A REGULAR PRACTICE.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I used to shop at my hometown Old Navy all the time, however I started to feel as if I could never find the sizes I needed inside the store when I went. My friends and family know where I shop for the kids and as a gift for my son's birthday. We were gifted clothes that were the wrong size. Most people don't want to make others feel bad and I just took them back to the store and no huge surprise the size needed they did not have. (This is MY experience @ the Vineland, NJ Old Navy) I walk in look for the size that they do not have and the guy at the counter is having a hard time checking out the customer. He has no idea what he is doing and you can tell he is new. Now I'm waiting in line, He is still having a problem and after a few more moments as he didn't know what 20% off the total bill would be... He had to call the Manager for help.

I explained to the young man this was a gift and I did not have the receipt. He never asked for ID. He asked for my name and address never saying why? It felt very strange to me so I did not give him the correct address. He then said my refund would be in the mail at the address I provided. Really?? The Manager had to be called and I again questioned why this was happening. Never has this happened to me before with returns... A lot of hassle to return a gift... They had to redo the translation all over again. Now there are quite a bit of people waiting in line. She asks me for my name and address. I do not trust people so I chose to write down my name and address and asked for her to return the paper never asking me for an ID. She explained to me this was how a return was done without a receipt. Really. Where and when? I've returned things before and was always asked for ID and a reason why.

I was told this was equivalent to a gift card and could be used just like one. HOWEVER it would look like junk mail? Wonderful well it came and My name is spelled wrong and IM shocked they even sent one at all. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. I tried to use it online. Yeah right. In fine print it says cannot be used online or on oldnavy.com what the?? It's completely ridiculous this should be able to be used online or in the store. It's making me question if I will ever come back to this store at all. #wasteoftime Thanks for nothing!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Wow! I cannot believe how bad of an experience ordering online was. I love my local Old Navy store. I recently ordered a few hundred dollars worth of clothes online. ALL of the clothes and the box stink so strongly of cigarette odor and the clothes also smell as if stored near mold. Now I have to return it all. Such a P.I.A! I received one shirt from my huge order within a couple days and it's perfect but then had to wait about 10 days on the rest and it clearly did not come from the same place as the first shirt or the clothing I regularly purchase directly from the store. The items in the remaining order were made of cheaper and thinner material and just much lower quality overall. Plus they stunk! I was totally shocked. I will never ever order online from them again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Don't ever shop at Old Navy. I wish I could read all their bad reviews about returning before I had the same problem with them. I bought a lot of items from Old Navy and I went to another country for 2 and a half months so I couldn't return them on time. And of course, I didn't realize they changed their policy for returning from 90 days before to 45 days. When I came to store to return, the cashier told me I can't return because it past 45 days. It is OK, I understand. I asked for credit store or exchange. And the price they return to me is ridiculous. For example, I bought a jeans $19.99, they offer to return me 7.49. And if I want to exchange with exact model but different size, I need to pay $26.99 - $7.49 (which they return from my original 19.99 jean). I still need to pay the difference. This is totally riff off.

I understand that because it's past 45 days so I can't get the refund but they should return to me what I paid in credit store. Anyway I will use the credit store to buy their products again. But they didn't do that. They just find ways to take our money. The cashier kept telling me that my jeans is an old model which is 2016. But I bought it in September 2017. How can they sell me the old product from 2016 in 2017, and in December 2017 they told me these are old style while in the store, the same product they sell it for full price? This is totally rip off. It is same thing with my jacket which I paid for 14.99 and now they offer to return for $2.49. I never had that kind of experience with the store like with Old Navy. Never shop here again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Went to the Hickory NC store today with my daughter. Upon check out after waiting a while in line the very rude cashier refused to take my money. When trying to pay with $100 bill she quickly/loudly says she cannot accept the bill as she doesn’t have change! I ask if she’d rather lose a sale if I could not come up with lower bills to pay & she shrugs me off with a yes!! I could not purchase the blouse because the cashier could not change the bill!! I have never been to a retail store that has refused to serve a customer. She lost the sale & Old Navy lost a loyal customer. Do not shop in the Hickory NC store if you have cash money.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Worst customer service. It was the biggest mistake that I ever made to placed order from this ** company last night at 1 am. Today I change my mind to cancel my online order, however I have been told I couldn’t or TOO LATE to cancel order when it’s on PENDING SHIPMENT status because it's PROCESSING, how funny is that, the status remained the SAME since I CLICKED PLACED order button last night. I call and call and email. Finally an hour later I saw a CANCELLED on my order status and I thought that would be all, feeling relieved I will have my refund back to my bank account but I was WRONG. It's just my illusion.

When I read my email, it only cancel ONLY ONE ITEM from my entire order. Holy ** they just speeding up the progress after I called to cancel my order. My package will be ship in November. If I receive my package I will return it to gap retail store in case any ** happens AGAIN. They giving me a headache. NEVER AGAIN. Be aware order stuff from their website. They are not allow to cancel your order when it's pending status.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I brought two pairs of pants back to the store with my receipt showing I paid $18.74 for each. The pants didnt not fit my boys. I was willing to exchange them for a bigger size but they did not have them either. I came to the counter with four different pairs of pants and a pair of socks. Because my original purchase was just over 45 days, the manager was only willing to credit me the current sales price of the pants that didnt fit, $15.00. Furious, I decided to not purchase more from Old Navy and just asked for the store credit.

I was going to turn to the customer next to me and give that credit away as I will not support Old Navy any longer. Just then the cashier hands me a receipt that states I will receive my store certificate in the mail in the next 10 business days. I contacted customer service, she was wonderful completely understood and also thought that this was ridiculous, although she had no power to help she was transferring me to customer relations. I then speak with Alfonso from customer relations who stuck to policy 100% and would not credit me the funds that I had spent at Old Navy. This will go further.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I specifically wanted to buy Old Navy jeans because they make them in tall and they're decently priced. I guess you get what you pay for. The people who grab for the online orders are apparently completely incompetent. I received the first order incorrectly in regular length and decided to give Old Navy another chance and decided to contact them to exchange it. The next package comes in, (in terrible slow shipping despite the inconvenience might I add) and the order is the exact same: incorrect AGAIN. I am done ordering anything from Old Navy. This company needs to get their act together. Lost my business for sure.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

What is up with the lack of pocket space in Old Navy jeans? You cannot even put your phone, money or anything else in these little 2 inch pockets. Are they trying to save money on fabric for pockets? I love their Rockstar skinny jeans but have to take every pocket apart and add an extension to the pocket. Seriously, most people do not carry everything in their back pocket.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I absolutely hate how whenever it's time to use your Super Cash there is no sales whatsoever. Everything is marked up then oh wow $2.00 off regular price. I will not be using my Super Cash. Can go elsewhere for better deals.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I recently placed an order with Old Navy, I was very dissatisfied! I only ordered because there was a sale buy one get one free uniforms, first it was outdated. I received the email stating it was a sale. I tried to put the code in and accidentally ordered instead. Immediately I called customer service to tell them to cancel, they had me on hold for at least 10 minutes! My order was still shipped and now I have to either send it back via online or in store! I wanted to just get my money back and also they were false advertising because in the email it stated the sale was still going on but it wasn't! I'm sure I won't be ordering for a while!!!

Original review: July 16, 2017

OMG! Worst experience ever!! $3 polos online and in store, yea right. I went online and placed an order for 5 shirts for my daughter since that was the limit and the web kept overcharging me for the shirts. Finally contacted customer service for assistance and have been on hold for over 32 minutes and they close in 10 minutes. Absolutely ridiculous!! They shouldn't advertise something if their system can't accommodate and definitely should not make customers wait this long to get help, knowing you are just waiting to close so you don't have to answer the call!! I will not be ordering from them EVER again!!!

Original review: July 8, 2017

On 7-8-17 cashier ** overcharged me for a pair of earrings. Didn't realized until I checked my receipt in parking lot. I waited in line for a good 15 mins. The first time. When I came back in I approached the cashier in lane 10 closest to the exit and try to explain I just left the store 1 minute early and realized I was overcharge. She made me go all the way back to end of line because she had just call the next person who hadn't entered her lane yet. I try explain myself I had just been overcharged

And I just checked out. Some man the next to check out yell out loud to this cashier she was not on line. Again I try to explain, "Do you have a customer service dept?" She stated, "No. You need to go back to the end of the line". Which meant me waiting 15 more mins. I am beyond pissed. You don't treat people this way. This was not fault and to be yelled at by a customer and snubbed by the cashier instead of calling for a manager to help me. I will be sharing my horrible experience.

Original review: June 15, 2017

My experience ordering online with Old Navy was awful. The order showed as shipped but each day I tracked it, it wasn't showing when it would be delivered but said guaranteed to be delivered by today. Something told me to call and check. Customer service said the item was never picked up by UPS. No phone call, no email, no phone call to tell me this so I could find the item elsewhere. I find this out on my own the day before I actually need the item. Meanwhile I ordered the item over 8 days ago. With that I asked which store I could find the item in to go buy it and was given three locations. Was told that all 3 locations were showing "in the green" meaning they have many of that item. WRONG!!!! Not one store has this item. Complete waste of my time and gas! And inconsiderate of them to make people run around when online shopping is supposed to make your life easier.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I returned part of an online purchase I made 3 weeks ago with the prepaid shipping label provided. Even though my items were received by Old Navy 2 weeks ago (confirmed by tracking #) they told me it could take up to 5 weeks to receive confirmation of a refund! Terrible service. I contacted the customer service department who has no record of my return and told me to check back July 2 if I haven't heard anything.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I bought a pair of jeans a week ago. Wore them once and they were too big for me. So at the end of the week when I had a day off I went to get a size exchange. I was told that it's worn and so cannot exchange. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. They are basically telling me that once you buy something if it doesn't fit it's your loss!!! Not happy at all and will never ever go back to Old Navy to shop. The most obscure place ever!

Old Navy Company Information