2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (392 ratings)

About Old Navy

Old Navy is a clothing and accessories retail store with locations across the U.S. The bright and open-concept floor plan lets shoppers quickly identify the different sections throughout the store, including men's, women’s, kids', baby, plus size and activewear. Each store’s layout and selection is different based on geographical location and inventory.

Pros

• Old Navy Super Cash program
  • Low-priced clothing
  • Often runs specials and promo deals

Cons

• Clothing sections can be unorganized
  • Not all stores have maternity clothes

Bottom Line

Old Navy is an American retailer that offers clothing and accessories for men, women and kids. It offers a large selection of styles and sizes along with seasonal items.

Top Old Navy Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I was at old navy yesterday, I would like to say thank you to the employee. She was very polite and very patience with me!!!! I would like to say thank you to this cashier, I did ...

Verified

I walked into Old Navy after living 2 years nearby, expecting it to cater to teenagers or the younger crowd. Needless to say, it is almost the ONLY store I shop in anymore (I'm 59...

About Old Navy

Old Navy is owned by Gap, a multinational corporation that also owns stores such as Banana Republic, Athleta, Gap Kids and Intermix. Old Navy’s signature style is what makes it such a classic brand — its jeans, graphic T-shirts, activewear, sundresses and seasonal attire make it easy to find wardrobe staples for everyone in the family.

Old Navy has special discount dates, a large clearance section and lower prices when you shop online. Old Navy consistently offers coupon codes, Old Navy Super Cash and flash sales.

Most Old Navy stores are located in large malls and shopping centers and offer between 10,000 and 15,000 square feet of shopping space. The store’s open layout makes it easy to see all the different areas no matter where you are, and features like hopscotch and kid-size picnic tables in the children’s area keep little ones busy while parents shop.

The space is designed to be bright and open without a lot of distractions. Some stores have adopted high-tech options that make shopping easier, like mobile cash registers and price-checking stations.

How does Old Navy Super Cash work?

Old Navy has a signature savings program that rewards customers for shopping. These Super Cash deals run periodically through the year, and customers receive Old Navy Super Cash for every predetermined amount they spend — for example, customers can earn $10 in Old Navy Super Cash for every $25 they spend in-store or online.

Super Cash can’t be used for gift cards or online clearance items, and it can only be used during the specific future dates listed on the cash. Customers can earn a maximum of $30 in Super Cash per transaction.

Old Navy costs

Old Navy is known for offering casual and high-quality clothing at an affordable cost. Below are some examples of Old Navy’s most popular items and prices.

ProductCost
Women’s graphic T-shirt$12 - $18
Women’s skinny jeans$30 - $40
Kid’s T-shirt$7 - $12
Men’s straight leg jeans$35 - $50
Men’s graphic T-shirt$12 - $18

Other things you can expect to see on Old Navy shelves include:

• Jumpsuits and rompers
  • Shoes
  • Pajamas and loungewear
  • Bathing suits
  • Maternity and plus-size options
  • Big and tall size options
  • School uniform essentials

Customers can save money by signing up for the Old Navy credit card, joining the email list and using online coupon codes and promotions.

Old Navy offers an “everyday free shipping” option to all 50 states, and delivery usually takes between five to seven business days. Standard shipping is $7 and takes three to five business days, Expedited shipping is $17 and takes two to three business days, and next-day shipping is $22.

Old Navy FAQ

Where does Old Navy ship from?
Old Navy’s warehouse is in New York, but Old Navy ships to all 50 states.
When did Old Navy open?
Old Navy opened in 1994.
Where can I use my Old Navy credit card?
The Old Navy card is a store credit card, which means it can be used only at Old Navy and other stores owned by Gap.
Do Old Navy jeans run big or small?
Typically jeans and shirts at Old Navy run large.
Does Old Navy have maternity clothes in stores?
Some stores do, but others do not. You can purchase maternity clothes online.

Is Old Navy good quality?

Yes. Old Navy is known for its high-quality clothes sold at competitive prices. Clothes are well made and last a long time. Old Navy is not a luxury brand, but it's a popular store for people shopping for casual clothing for the whole family. The store focuses on timeless styles that ensure items you buy won’t become dated quickly.

Old Navy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: June 27, 2021

I was looking for some outfits for my daughter and an associate named Vanessa stopped and asked if I needed help. She helped me find as many as I liked and even was kind to order more for me! Thank you for being so patient and kind Vanessa!

Original review: May 19, 2021

Has surprisingly good quality items for bargain prices. I recently bought several packages of masks. All were 3 layers and big enough to meet public health guidelines. Also it’s my go to place for pyjamas and casual clothes. Lots of pretty fabric and last for years.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2021

The location that I went to was not well organized. The clothes were unfolded and thrown on most of the table displays. Many of the rack displays didn't fare much better. It may have been the result of a busy day, as I entered the store about an hour before close. The clothing selection offered was nice, I just wish they had plus size clothes in store.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I love Old Navy. Their clothes are also very figure friendly. Everyone looks good in Old Navy and they always have very inclusive sizing. The only thing I don't love is that when you go into the stores it feels a little stuffy. They need to update their branding to be a little more contemporary in my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I have shopped in store a few times before and have always found staff friendly and helpful and I have always loved the products I purchased. I wear mostly Old Navy clothing because they are true to size and good quality. It is my first experience shopping online with Old Navy Canada and it won't be my last. I found the website easy to use. My package arrived earlier than expected. Everything fit perfectly and is the same quality that I had come to expect, no bad surprises. I am so pleased with everything!! Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Bought some pants at Old Navy for my daughter, they did not fit her. We tried to return them for something in the store or for store credit to no avail. She was given a ticket with a number to call. We have called several time to no avail. We are not asking for a refund but a store credit. Please have someone call us to resolve this. Please call me at **. With the pandemic we had not had the opportunity to go in person.

Sincerely,

Mrs. **

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I purchased a pair of pants through Old Navy that were too small. All I wanted to do is exchange for a bigger size, that's it. I was told that I would need to mail them in which would take up to 14 days, then they would refund my money (which would take another 5 business days) and repurchase the item. So basically I would need to wait 3-4 weeks to get my money and repurchase an item that they have labeled "hot item", which would mean that there is no guarantee that I would actually be able to purchase those pants as they may be sold out. Every company that I have worked for will do an exchange through the mail and not put you through this circus. No one was willing to help in the situation and I was just told, "sorry, just mail them back and you can buy another pair". Sorry, I am not buying another pair or anything else from Old Navy because it is extremely clear that they could care less about working with their customers.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I had purchased some really cute back-to-school clothes for my kids online with awesome discounts. Come to find out that Old Navy is using a company called Newgistics for their shipping that works with USPS. This was back in July 14th. I had a bad feeling about using USPS for shipping since I have never had a great experience. True to my thoughts, it is July 28th and the package is nowhere to be found. The tracking number provided has absolutely no information and now I can't get the items ordered back because they are out of stock. It is unfortunate because I love Old Navy, but if they are using USPS to lower costs they will be hurting their client's experiences and their sales.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I have ordered from Old Navy for the last year for my son, I have placed about 10 orders and every time they flag me as Fraud and I'm sick of it! There is no fraudulent activity, the card is in my name, the order is in my name and they've done this to me 10 times. I've had to use my husband's name in hopes it would go throw but because the card has my name on it they keep flagging it. I order online on other sites and never, ever have this issue!

Original review: June 13, 2021

Ordered 3 packs of kids mask online. I want to return two because they are not presentable. Went to the store in Rockville, MD. and they said mask are not returnable and refundable. Mask are still sealed. Never opened. The cashier just tried to turn me around. I was really upset because I did not received any warning or reminder that stated mask were not accepted for return or refund. I said they would be trash to me because I would not put these ugly mask on my kids. I told the cashier to trash for me if nothing they could help and they said they could not accept my merchandizes at all even as trash. Spoke to store supervisor, she recommended to call 1800 customer services.

Called 1800 customer service and the CSR solve my problem right away with my order number. Everything was set. Thank you. Called 1800 customer service again because I would like to know why the store accept return and refund for underwear like boxer, but not mask. People might try their boxer that touch their private part and return it. My masks were never opened. This CSR ask my, shipping tracking number, original order number and my personal information, she could not location my package info. Then I explained my concern to her and requested to not ask irrelevant info. Finally she transfer to her supervisor Karen.

Of course they did not communicate, I needed to explain my store again. Karen was not able to find my info either. Karen said she want to know what happen when I was in the store. I told Karen, she should ask the store info instead of my shipment info especially the problem had already solved. Karen then transferred my call to hazard material shipping department. Then this hazard material shipping department transferred my call to UPS customer service. OH MY GOD.

Called one more time to 1800 customer service, when the CSR transferred my call, call was hung up. So why Old Navy accept return and refund for underwear, but not mask that never open. The photographer in Old Navy did a good job to make the picture looked much nicer than the actual product. The merchandizers should get fire. THE MASK LOOK SO UGLY.

Old Navy Company Information