2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.7/5 (249 ratings)

About Old Navy

Old Navy is a clothing and accessories retail store with locations across the U.S. The bright and open-concept floor plan lets shoppers quickly identify the different sections throughout the store, including men's, women’s, kids', baby, plus size and activewear. Each store’s layout and selection is different based on geographical location and inventory.

Pros

• Old Navy Super Cash program
  • Low-priced clothing
  • Often runs specials and promo deals

Cons

• Clothing sections can be unorganized
  • Not all stores have maternity clothes

Bottom Line

Old Navy is an American retailer that offers clothing and accessories for men, women and kids. It offers a large selection of styles and sizes along with seasonal items.

Top Old Navy Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I was at old navy yesterday, I would like to say thank you to the employee. She was very polite and very patience with me!!!! I would like to say thank you to this cashier, I did ...

Verified

I walked into Old Navy after living 2 years nearby, expecting it to cater to teenagers or the younger crowd. Needless to say, it is almost the ONLY store I shop in anymore (I'm 59...

About Old Navy

Old Navy is owned by Gap, a multinational corporation that also owns stores such as Banana Republic, Athleta, Gap Kids and Intermix. Old Navy’s signature style is what makes it such a classic brand — its jeans, graphic T-shirts, activewear, sundresses and seasonal attire make it easy to find wardrobe staples for everyone in the family.

Old Navy has special discount dates, a large clearance section and lower prices when you shop online. Old Navy consistently offers coupon codes, Old Navy Super Cash and flash sales.

Most Old Navy stores are located in large malls and shopping centers and offer between 10,000 and 15,000 square feet of shopping space. The store’s open layout makes it easy to see all the different areas no matter where you are, and features like hopscotch and kid-size picnic tables in the children’s area keep little ones busy while parents shop.

The space is designed to be bright and open without a lot of distractions. Some stores have adopted high-tech options that make shopping easier, like mobile cash registers and price-checking stations.

How does Old Navy Super Cash work?

Old Navy has a signature savings program that rewards customers for shopping. These Super Cash deals run periodically through the year, and customers receive Old Navy Super Cash for every predetermined amount they spend — for example, customers can earn $10 in Old Navy Super Cash for every $25 they spend in-store or online.

Super Cash can’t be used for gift cards or online clearance items, and it can only be used during the specific future dates listed on the cash. Customers can earn a maximum of $30 in Super Cash per transaction.

Old Navy costs

Old Navy is known for offering casual and high-quality clothing at an affordable cost. Below are some examples of Old Navy’s most popular items and prices.

ProductCost
Women’s graphic T-shirt$12 - $18
Women’s skinny jeans$30 - $40
Kid’s T-shirt$7 - $12
Men’s straight leg jeans$35 - $50
Men’s graphic T-shirt$12 - $18

Other things you can expect to see on Old Navy shelves include:

• Jumpsuits and rompers
  • Shoes
  • Pajamas and loungewear
  • Bathing suits
  • Maternity and plus-size options
  • Big and tall size options
  • School uniform essentials

Customers can save money by signing up for the Old Navy credit card, joining the email list and using online coupon codes and promotions.

Old Navy offers an “everyday free shipping” option to all 50 states, and delivery usually takes between five to seven business days. Standard shipping is $7 and takes three to five business days, Expedited shipping is $17 and takes two to three business days, and next-day shipping is $22.

Old Navy FAQ

Where does Old Navy ship from?
Old Navy’s warehouse is in New York, but Old Navy ships to all 50 states.
When did Old Navy open?
Old Navy opened in 1994.
Where can I use my Old Navy credit card?
The Old Navy card is a store credit card, which means it can be used only at Old Navy and other stores owned by Gap.
Do Old Navy jeans run big or small?
Typically jeans and shirts at Old Navy run large.
Does Old Navy have maternity clothes in stores?
Some stores do, but others do not. You can purchase maternity clothes online.

Is Old Navy good quality?

Yes. Old Navy is known for its high-quality clothes sold at competitive prices. Clothes are well made and last a long time. Old Navy is not a luxury brand, but it's a popular store for people shopping for casual clothing for the whole family. The store focuses on timeless styles that ensure items you buy won’t become dated quickly.

Old Navy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: May 19, 2021

Has surprisingly good quality items for bargain prices. I recently bought several packages of masks. All were 3 layers and big enough to meet public health guidelines. Also it’s my go to place for pyjamas and casual clothes. Lots of pretty fabric and last for years.

Original review: May 7, 2021

The location that I went to was not well organized. The clothes were unfolded and thrown on most of the table displays. Many of the rack displays didn't fare much better. It may have been the result of a busy day, as I entered the store about an hour before close. The clothing selection offered was nice, I just wish they had plus size clothes in store.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I love Old Navy. Their clothes are also very figure friendly. Everyone looks good in Old Navy and they always have very inclusive sizing. The only thing I don't love is that when you go into the stores it feels a little stuffy. They need to update their branding to be a little more contemporary in my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I have shopped in store a few times before and have always found staff friendly and helpful and I have always loved the products I purchased. I wear mostly Old Navy clothing because they are true to size and good quality. It is my first experience shopping online with Old Navy Canada and it won't be my last. I found the website easy to use. My package arrived earlier than expected. Everything fit perfectly and is the same quality that I had come to expect, no bad surprises. I am so pleased with everything!! Thank you.

Original review: July 15, 2020

What first world problems we have. I placed 3 orders in May and all but 1 dress has been received. I work in online retail, I know things are delayed. So, I gave it a month and then called customer service. The wonderful and yet AUDIBLY SHAKEN (probably from speaking with all of you) poor girl on the phone told me that the store shipping my product has a backlog of 3000 packages and UPS refuses to take more than a few hundred at a time, and more orders keep coming in, and so it’s taking a long time to get things shipped. I said it’s okay!! It’s just a dress. I’ll wait. It’s not a big deal. Some people are no longer with us because of Covid, a dress is NOT that big of a deal to me.

So imagine that a company receives an entire year’s worth of online orders within a few months... while the stores are closed... and when the stores open they receive all these orders that the warehouse couldn’t fill, and everyone who ordered from them expects non-pandemic shipping times within a pandemic. Honestly!! Customer service are filled with people. PEOPLE. People who are paid to sit there and be yelled at, apparently. What do we expect when we ordered from one of the busiest retail companies in a pandemic? Stop yelling. Be kind. Life isn’t that bad. Things will ship eventually. How lucky are we to be alive.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Ordered 3 packs of kids mask online. I want to return two because they are not presentable. Went to the store in Rockville, MD. and they said mask are not returnable and refundable. Mask are still sealed. Never opened. The cashier just tried to turn me around. I was really upset because I did not received any warning or reminder that stated mask were not accepted for return or refund. I said they would be trash to me because I would not put these ugly mask on my kids. I told the cashier to trash for me if nothing they could help and they said they could not accept my merchandizes at all even as trash. Spoke to store supervisor, she recommended to call 1800 customer services.

Called 1800 customer service and the CSR solve my problem right away with my order number. Everything was set. Thank you. Called 1800 customer service again because I would like to know why the store accept return and refund for underwear like boxer, but not mask. People might try their boxer that touch their private part and return it. My masks were never opened. This CSR ask my, shipping tracking number, original order number and my personal information, she could not location my package info. Then I explained my concern to her and requested to not ask irrelevant info. Finally she transfer to her supervisor Karen.

Of course they did not communicate, I needed to explain my store again. Karen was not able to find my info either. Karen said she want to know what happen when I was in the store. I told Karen, she should ask the store info instead of my shipment info especially the problem had already solved. Karen then transferred my call to hazard material shipping department. Then this hazard material shipping department transferred my call to UPS customer service. OH MY GOD.

Called one more time to 1800 customer service, when the CSR transferred my call, call was hung up. So why Old Navy accept return and refund for underwear, but not mask that never open. The photographer in Old Navy did a good job to make the picture looked much nicer than the actual product. The merchandizers should get fire. THE MASK LOOK SO UGLY.

Original review: June 12, 2021

First time dealing with Old Navy. The young woman was very knowledgeable. Always thought their prices were high. Was surprised the prices are very reasonable. The clothes for men who are small framed are perfectly small measured.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I had major surgery in January. This causes me to have to shop mostly online. This store has great deals and fast shipping! I would highly recommend this place for anyone who is interested in great savings.

Original review: May 5, 2021

The selection of clothing for men is not wide enough. I can not find the jeans or shirts that I like. The store's prices are mostly good. My wife and daughter can always find what they are looking for.

Original review: March 5, 2021

In January order 4 items. 2 jogger pants w/ matching tops. I never received any of the 4 items. I did receive 1 GAP T-shirt that I did not order. Tracking showed my order arrived. It took three ridiculous calls to customer service & had to ask for a manager. He sent a return label that had the items I ordered listed. How do you return items never received??? I returned the GAP shirt I did not order. Checked tracking & they received the return. I wrote on the paperwork again that I had not received any of the items I actually ordered. I paid $113.64 but they issued a refund for 1 item at $41.12. So calling the horrible customer service to try to get the full refund for items THEY NEVER SENT. How have they gotten so bad at this? I am never ordering from them again. The entire order process has been completely absurd.

Old Navy Company Information