1.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 34 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

194 Old Navy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Wow! I cannot believe how bad of an experience ordering online was. I love my local Old Navy store. I recently ordered a few hundred dollars worth of clothes online. ALL of the clothes and the box stink so strongly of cigarette odor and the clothes also smell as if stored near mold. Now I have to return it all. Such a P.I.A! I received one shirt from my huge order within a couple days and it's perfect but then had to wait about 10 days on the rest and it clearly did not come from the same place as the first shirt or the clothing I regularly purchase directly from the store. The items in the remaining order were made of cheaper and thinner material and just much lower quality overall. Plus they stunk! I was totally shocked. I will never ever order online from them again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Don't ever shop at Old Navy. I wish I could read all their bad reviews about returning before I had the same problem with them. I bought a lot of items from Old Navy and I went to another country for 2 and a half months so I couldn't return them on time. And of course, I didn't realize they changed their policy for returning from 90 days before to 45 days. When I came to store to return, the cashier told me I can't return because it past 45 days. It is OK, I understand. I asked for credit store or exchange. And the price they return to me is ridiculous. For example, I bought a jeans $19.99, they offer to return me 7.49. And if I want to exchange with exact model but different size, I need to pay $26.99 - $7.49 (which they return from my original 19.99 jean). I still need to pay the difference. This is totally riff off.

I understand that because it's past 45 days so I can't get the refund but they should return to me what I paid in credit store. Anyway I will use the credit store to buy their products again. But they didn't do that. They just find ways to take our money. The cashier kept telling me that my jeans is an old model which is 2016. But I bought it in September 2017. How can they sell me the old product from 2016 in 2017, and in December 2017 they told me these are old style while in the store, the same product they sell it for full price? This is totally rip off. It is same thing with my jacket which I paid for 14.99 and now they offer to return for $2.49. I never had that kind of experience with the store like with Old Navy. Never shop here again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Went to the Hickory NC store today with my daughter. Upon check out after waiting a while in line the very rude cashier refused to take my money. When trying to pay with $100 bill she quickly/loudly says she cannot accept the bill as she doesn’t have change! I ask if she’d rather lose a sale if I could not come up with lower bills to pay & she shrugs me off with a yes!! I could not purchase the blouse because the cashier could not change the bill!! I have never been to a retail store that has refused to serve a customer. She lost the sale & Old Navy lost a loyal customer. Do not shop in the Hickory NC store if you have cash money.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Worst customer service. It was the biggest mistake that I ever made to placed order from this ** company last night at 1 am. Today I change my mind to cancel my online order, however I have been told I couldn’t or TOO LATE to cancel order when it’s on PENDING SHIPMENT status because it's PROCESSING, how funny is that, the status remained the SAME since I CLICKED PLACED order button last night. I call and call and email. Finally an hour later I saw a CANCELLED on my order status and I thought that would be all, feeling relieved I will have my refund back to my bank account but I was WRONG. It's just my illusion.

When I read my email, it only cancel ONLY ONE ITEM from my entire order. Holy ** they just speeding up the progress after I called to cancel my order. My package will be ship in November. If I receive my package I will return it to gap retail store in case any ** happens AGAIN. They giving me a headache. NEVER AGAIN. Be aware order stuff from their website. They are not allow to cancel your order when it's pending status.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I brought two pairs of pants back to the store with my receipt showing I paid $18.74 for each. The pants didnt not fit my boys. I was willing to exchange them for a bigger size but they did not have them either. I came to the counter with four different pairs of pants and a pair of socks. Because my original purchase was just over 45 days, the manager was only willing to credit me the current sales price of the pants that didnt fit, $15.00. Furious, I decided to not purchase more from Old Navy and just asked for the store credit.

I was going to turn to the customer next to me and give that credit away as I will not support Old Navy any longer. Just then the cashier hands me a receipt that states I will receive my store certificate in the mail in the next 10 business days. I contacted customer service, she was wonderful completely understood and also thought that this was ridiculous, although she had no power to help she was transferring me to customer relations. I then speak with Alfonso from customer relations who stuck to policy 100% and would not credit me the funds that I had spent at Old Navy. This will go further.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I specifically wanted to buy Old Navy jeans because they make them in tall and they're decently priced. I guess you get what you pay for. The people who grab for the online orders are apparently completely incompetent. I received the first order incorrectly in regular length and decided to give Old Navy another chance and decided to contact them to exchange it. The next package comes in, (in terrible slow shipping despite the inconvenience might I add) and the order is the exact same: incorrect AGAIN. I am done ordering anything from Old Navy. This company needs to get their act together. Lost my business for sure.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

What is up with the lack of pocket space in Old Navy jeans? You cannot even put your phone, money or anything else in these little 2 inch pockets. Are they trying to save money on fabric for pockets? I love their Rockstar skinny jeans but have to take every pocket apart and add an extension to the pocket. Seriously, most people do not carry everything in their back pocket.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I absolutely hate how whenever it's time to use your Super Cash there is no sales whatsoever. Everything is marked up then oh wow $2.00 off regular price. I will not be using my Super Cash. Can go elsewhere for better deals.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I recently placed an order with Old Navy, I was very dissatisfied! I only ordered because there was a sale buy one get one free uniforms, first it was outdated. I received the email stating it was a sale. I tried to put the code in and accidentally ordered instead. Immediately I called customer service to tell them to cancel, they had me on hold for at least 10 minutes! My order was still shipped and now I have to either send it back via online or in store! I wanted to just get my money back and also they were false advertising because in the email it stated the sale was still going on but it wasn't! I'm sure I won't be ordering for a while!!!

Original review: July 16, 2017

OMG! Worst experience ever!! $3 polos online and in store, yea right. I went online and placed an order for 5 shirts for my daughter since that was the limit and the web kept overcharging me for the shirts. Finally contacted customer service for assistance and have been on hold for over 32 minutes and they close in 10 minutes. Absolutely ridiculous!! They shouldn't advertise something if their system can't accommodate and definitely should not make customers wait this long to get help, knowing you are just waiting to close so you don't have to answer the call!! I will not be ordering from them EVER again!!!

Original review: July 8, 2017

On 7-8-17 cashier ** overcharged me for a pair of earrings. Didn't realized until I checked my receipt in parking lot. I waited in line for a good 15 mins. The first time. When I came back in I approached the cashier in lane 10 closest to the exit and try to explain I just left the store 1 minute early and realized I was overcharge. She made me go all the way back to end of line because she had just call the next person who hadn't entered her lane yet. I try explain myself I had just been overcharged

And I just checked out. Some man the next to check out yell out loud to this cashier she was not on line. Again I try to explain, "Do you have a customer service dept?" She stated, "No. You need to go back to the end of the line". Which meant me waiting 15 more mins. I am beyond pissed. You don't treat people this way. This was not fault and to be yelled at by a customer and snubbed by the cashier instead of calling for a manager to help me. I will be sharing my horrible experience.

Original review: June 15, 2017

My experience ordering online with Old Navy was awful. The order showed as shipped but each day I tracked it, it wasn't showing when it would be delivered but said guaranteed to be delivered by today. Something told me to call and check. Customer service said the item was never picked up by UPS. No phone call, no email, no phone call to tell me this so I could find the item elsewhere. I find this out on my own the day before I actually need the item. Meanwhile I ordered the item over 8 days ago. With that I asked which store I could find the item in to go buy it and was given three locations. Was told that all 3 locations were showing "in the green" meaning they have many of that item. WRONG!!!! Not one store has this item. Complete waste of my time and gas! And inconsiderate of them to make people run around when online shopping is supposed to make your life easier.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I returned part of an online purchase I made 3 weeks ago with the prepaid shipping label provided. Even though my items were received by Old Navy 2 weeks ago (confirmed by tracking #) they told me it could take up to 5 weeks to receive confirmation of a refund! Terrible service. I contacted the customer service department who has no record of my return and told me to check back July 2 if I haven't heard anything.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I bought a pair of jeans a week ago. Wore them once and they were too big for me. So at the end of the week when I had a day off I went to get a size exchange. I was told that it's worn and so cannot exchange. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. They are basically telling me that once you buy something if it doesn't fit it's your loss!!! Not happy at all and will never ever go back to Old Navy to shop. The most obscure place ever!

Original review: May 26, 2017

I ordered some clothes on 9 May for my husband birthday and I got a confirmation mail that I am going to receive my order on 22nd May. But my order shipment is still pending. When I called to customer care they asked me to cancel my order. Their customer service is very pathetic. And even also I don't know when I am going to receive my order. I am stressed. They ruined my husband's birthday. Very disappointed with their service. Will not going to order anything from Old Navy.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I signed up for an account with gap.com, oldnavy.com, etc. (they all use the same account) and placed an order with Old Navy online. I didn't receive an email confirmation for my order and when I called customer service to find out why, they had a different email address for me (it was similar, but not the same). The website had automatically changed my email address! Needless to say I cancelled my order and I'm hoping that goes smoothly! Make sure if you place an order that the website didn't change your email address or change any other information on your account.

Original review: May 7, 2017

Making a payment on the due day online or over the phone is a pain in the neck. Asking you all your personal information, just to make a payment. I started the process and when they were asking me about my mother's information I said that is enough and I couldn't do the payment so I will get charged for late payment. I wonder if the next question would be what color was my underwear. I'm very disappointed of the customer service they have and the way they handle a customer's payment online and over the phone.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I haven't shopped Old Navy for 15 years because their clothes are horrible quality. Everything I bought either shrunk or got holes after 1 wash, and their clothes aren't low cost. My daughter has started to buy clothes there. I spent 200.00 on spring clothes there. 42.00 jeans got a huge rip after 1 wash. Old Navy won't exchange them if they have been washed. They will never get another dime from me. Don't waste your money on their clothes.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I have a very expensive bicycle - my only means of transportation. Only be has no place to lock up bikes. I asked if I could have my bike inside the store of wait up when nobody would be able to it would not be this way. They said no without any exceptions. They were very rude to me about this so they lost a lot of my business. This is the worst store ever.

Original review: March 25, 2017

Everything I purchase from Old Navy that's made of t-shirt material RUNS! I just put on a t-shirt I've only worn a couple of times and it now has runs in it along the bottom front. This is one of many that I've had this happen to. This happens to them even before they're washed! Don't know why I continued to purchase from them! Very upset!

Original review: March 4, 2017

DON'T USE SUPER CASH. When I purchased 180.00 worth of items, the limit on Super Cash (I'm not sure exact, but let's say 50.00). So they spread out the Super Cash they called prorating, which took off the amount on each item. So, even though I could have had the same discount on 50.00, they now will only take items back for the sale price. THIS IS ILLEGAL. The Senior Customer Service advisor said no one else we could speak with and that that's how it works. So, basically then they took my receipt and now I'm home with no receipt from the Birch RUN outlets. Basically you need to know if you give any money to OLD NAVY you are screwed.

I will never shop at their stores anywhere again. I was within return time and it did not matter. The rules change daily and when I called another store, she said, "Yes we do that all the time because you would have gotten the discount on fewer items." The store said you can only use once and that is the way they are stealing from consumers. WHO IS OVERSEEING CONSUMERS' PROTECTION? Just about no one. We are paying for government agencies to do everything but protect us.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I bought three pairs of men's jeans last year that fit fine. Within a year the zipper had snapped on all three. Once the piece comes loose it is impossible to fix, so I essentially had to throw away barely worn jeans. I have never had the same thing happen with another brand. These are not a good product, and you should not purchase them.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

My mother purchased some school pants for my son online. She ordered the wrong size. So when they arrived I took them back to Old Navy to exchange them for the correct size. I was told they do not exchange online orders. The pants would be returned back onto the card which will take 3 business days then you can purchase the correct size. All of that to just exchange for a different size. That's horrible. So basically make sure whatever you purchase online is what you actually want and correct in size. Because if not you will go through a process just to exchange a item.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

FYI... Do not shop at Old Navy. I had a store credit card with them, which I have used off and on for the last 2 years. Buy some things, pay off balance. Notice I said HAD!!! Received a letter today that my account was closed. Letter said they did a review of my credit and the decision was made to cancel account. My credit is better now than when I opened the account. So if you are a good customer, use your card, pay your bill on time and always pay more than the minimum, your reward is cancel your account. How about reviewing my payment history with Old Navy? Never late, pay more than the minimum and pay way before due date. Called customer service, surprise, surprise don't talk to anyone in the US!!! Their answer to why my account was canceled? You will receive a letter!!! OLD NAVY sucks for customer service and business practices!!! Will NEVER shop at Old Navy again!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Bought a jacket as a gift for my daughter. She needed a larger size which several stores no longer had. She was offered a refund, but the refund was much less than what I paid for it. Called the store, called "customer relations" dept., even headquarters--which by the way, will give you a phone number that will circle you back to the initial "customer relations" dept. My daughter returned the jacket w/o a receipt but soon found the receipt to prove the cost paid. The receipt become invalid because she didn't have it at time of return. All we wanted was exactly what we paid for the item! They didn't even offer a gift card for the difference. So "goodbye" Old Navy! You have just lost another family.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

The last shopping experience at Old Navy was its last chance and I won't be going back nor will my family and our business will no longer promote it. Its sales aren't sales at all unless it's on a clearance rack. They advertise one thing and once at the counter they charge you a higher price and then give a convoluted explanation of how they have to ring it up so it's in the customer's best interest if they have to return the items. Even after doing the math with them they couldn't provide an answer that made mathematical sense. After repeating what the sale was supposed to be staff stated that it did seem confusing to consumers but it's just the way the sales work. Somehow this happens every time we shop here.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I purchased 2 coats for my 10 y/o son from Old Navy. They looked good and they were on sale. Now, I did have issues with a coat I purchased for him two years but I thought, "maybe this one will work." Delivered on time, we loved the looks of both coats. The lighter one had a plastic zipper, which works great. The one for the winter is just horrible! The zipper is basically too thick for the coat. I felt so bad for my son two days ago when he carried his coat out of the class room. We had to literally have him out. My husband put some Vaseline on the zipper hoping it would glide up and down. Our son wore it the next day and it seemed okay when he walked out the door. Same thing happened when I picked him up today. Ugh! If the class would've gone outside, my son would have to stay inside! Not cool Old Navy; not cool. No more--I'm done!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I placed an order that was stolen due to the fact I got the shipping information the day of delivery. I was not too upset because it was a steal so I called to see what they could if anything. The girl told me she would reship me out a new one that would be there the middle of this week. When I checked my email there was the return for the original order then a new order number for the reship but the status said CANCELLED. So I called and was on hold for 30 minutes. I hung up and said I will try again in the morning. I emailed as well.

I finally spoke to someone on the phone after another long holding period and she said my order was cancelled because stores fill the reships and they can't do expedited shipping thru the holidays. "Ok fine. So I should be expecting a refund correct?" she said "yes." I get an email the next day from another customer service rep that says my order was reshipped and I should expect it within 5 to 7 business days. Now I am confused so I emailed back and the rep told me 2 days later that no my order is cancelled and I should receive my refund within 3 to 5 business days from the cancellation. THE ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED NOW FOR A WEEK AND A HALF! I am so irate at all the miscommunication and misinformation! NEVER AGAIN WILL I SHOP OR ORDER FROM OLD NAVY!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I placed a Christmas order with Old Navy on December 8th 2016. On Dec. 20th I received a partial order. The next day I called to find out where the rest of my order was, after 2 calls in and 1 hour on hold the very nice customer service rep told me that my order was going to be sent overnight and would be here Friday December 23rd. Ok so I didn't complain, it's going to get here before Christmas, I thought. At 6:18 today Dec. 22nd I received an email telling the products were no longer available!!! All this time??? They kindly offered me a 10% discount on my next purchase, you've got to be kidding me. I will never shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I placed an order for 3 pairs of leggings on December 10th. Not a huge order, not a holiday order, just pants I need for my daughter that they refuse to carry in stores because they hate Petite sizes and charge you MORE for a size with less fabric than for a normal non-petite size. These idiots took 10 DAYS to put three pairs of pants in a box to mail out. 10 DAYS. I order and received over a dozen packages from Amazon in a 4 day period and these people can't get a box out of their warehouse in less than 10 days? But nope, here I am, 12 days out from my order and I'll still be waiting another 2 days for my kid to have pants. Ludicrous, and you can bet I'll NEVER order from them again...

Old Navy Company Information