Old Navy

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered some boy's jeans online and had them shipped to me. When I received them they looked like they'd already been worn and were falling apart. The hem had holes in them and around the pockets it was frayed. I was disappointed and feel like I should've been shipped the jeans that had a newer of a quality to them. Not ones that looked like they'd already been worn and were coming apart.

I placed an online order and needed to return/exchange 2 items. I had my receipt and told the cashier and she said with online purchases that she had to reimburse my card then do another transaction for what I was getting in-store. Cool. But it wasn't. The funds weren't immediately put back on my card and being on a tight budget I only had the return amount to get it with. The cashier held my stuff and said to give it a few hours. It's exactly 24 hours later and it's still not there. They are quick to take your money but hold yours for at minimum 24 hours... Ridiculous! Oh yeah, their online customer service offered me a $10 gift card, and get this... I'll receive it through email in 2-3 days. WTH, Old Navy?!?!

I tried to order from the website, but had moved since the last order. I changed the shipping address. After placing the order my confirmation said that it was shipping to the old address. I sent several emails to get it fixed before it shipped. I finally got a reply the next day. They told me that they couldn't fix it and if I hadn't received the order in 7 days to contact them again. If I hadn't received the order that they shipped to the wrong address?!? I ended up calling, and the automated data told me that my order had not actually shipped. I ended up canceling the order and I will not order from them again. They seriously wanted me to wait 7 days before calling about package that they knew was not going to be shipped to me, that they actually hadn't even shipped yet!!!

I purchased several items on the Old Navy Website. The ease of navigating the site and getting to checkout was great until I went to check out my cart. Apparently I'd had an account before from years ago, so I had to change the password so I could log in. Once I did, I updated my address and personal info BEFORE even submitting the order. I received an email the next day saying my order had shipped. I then receive another email 2 days after the original one saying the order was on its way. That is when I discovered the address was incorrect. The items had been shipped to my old address. After calling customer service, they told me there was nothing they could do about it and that I should try calling up UPS to have the shipment changed.

I called UPS AND the US Postal Service (because my shipment was being delivered to a certain point and then being turned over to the Postal Service for completion). Both told me that the shipper (Old Navy aka Gap Direct) had made it so that if the package was deemed undeliverable it should be returned to sender. For 3 days I tried to get it delivered to the correct address, both UPS and the Postal Service told me that the shipper could call them and have the package redirected. I called Old Navy to inform them of this and they told me they couldn't do it and I would have to wait for the package to be returned to them and then they could overnight it back to me.

Today the package was returned to them. I call back again and they say I have to wait a couple more days for it to be shipped back out because the package goes back to the warehouse and they have to open it and blah blah blah, so it will essentially be another week at the very least, before I receive my items. I don't shop at Old Navy for myself because their clothing is ill fitting on me. The items I bought were for my toddler son for the Fall because Old Navy had a really good 40% off sale going on and a coupon for free shipping. After this, I will never be shopping at Old Navy again.

I ordered clothes for my son and chose just the standard shipping which is supposed to be 5-7 business days. I didn't need the clothes for him for another 10 days so I felt that 5-7 days would be fine. I ordered my items at 9 am and the money was taken out of my account immediately but my items did not ship until 4 business days later. After it shipped it took another 7 business days for me to receive my items which was a total of 11 business days and I did not receive my items on time. If you are going to hold the items that long at least send it through a method that is going to ensure that I get my items in 5-7 business days like I expected.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Placed an order online and they immediately charged my account. Two days later when the order was shipped they charged me again! Now they are telling me it takes 3-5 business days for the first charge to disappear. The reason for two charges is they make sure the funds are available and then charge when it ships! What kind of company does that!? I shop many online stores and have never ever had this experience!!!

I order short every year for school for my son. This time I paid 22 dollars for next day. Ups say they tried to deliver to my home at 9:15 pm and no one was home. Lies. As a matter of fact I was home all day. I have a doorbell. No one EVER rang the door bell nor did they knock. Ups always leave a slip on the door telling you they tried to leave package but were unsuccessful and will return the next day and the time they will return. Absolutely nothing left in the door. I called Old Navy and spoke with Vince. He told me he couldn't give me my money back for shipping. The only thing he could do was to resend the package or give me a 20% off coupon for my next shopping.

Since I do not shop at old Navy often tell me what good it would do. I am very disappointed in the service I received. If Old Navy cannot deliver in one day they should not offer it and for them not to listen to the customer it really put a bad taste in my mouth. 22 dollars may not be much money to some but to other it is a lot of money. I know I am only one customer and one customer NEVER ORDERING FROM YOU COMPANY AGAIN WON'T MAKE OR BREAK YOU, but just maybe someone else have had or will have the same experience and horrible treatment as myself and they will speak out too.

I purchased five pairs of jeans from Old Navy in St. Petersburg Florida. All five pairs ripped on me right in the crotch area. I wore them just one time and washed them once. All five tore in same area. I returned the jeans and exchanged them. I could not believe that again they all tore in the same area. So I work outside and I travel for my job. I went to a different store in a different city. The Old Navy store in Melbourne Florida is about 160 miles away from the St. Petersburg Old Navy. I told the manager there and she explained sometimes they get a bad batch and she assured me I would not have the issue again. Well I exchanged all five pairs. Again they all tore in same areas and even in the front this time. This time I didn't wear the jeans I just washed them. I will never purchase from Old Navy again. It's embarrassing when you have to walk around with jeans that tear in the crotch area. I wish I could just get my money back instead of keep exchanging them.

Ordered online and went to the store to exchange for different sizes. Took some time to find the items since the store was a bit messy and unfortunately the one dress was only available at another Old Navy store so I would have to return the dress but exchange two shirts. Turns out Old Navy does not do exchanges. I was told that I would have to return all the items and repurchase the shirts. Really why? I asked if the refund would be put on my card immediately and the clerk did not know but told me she thinks it takes a few days. I asked because a friend returned items to Old Navy and it took months and a fight to get her funds back. Not sure if it's a problem with online orders returned to store but it's unacceptable. I ended up just returning all items because of that issue. Turns out I still don't have the refunded money while writing this review.

What kind of company doesn't refund your money immediately and instead asks you to spend more money on items you already paid for? A bad one with horrible policies. Old Navy clothes are not the best but are trendy and I don't expect them to last but a season and I am fully aware of that but for a company to ask that you pay for things twice is 100% wrong. After spending time to purchase online then return to the store and find the shirts again, I left the store with no clothes and less money in my account. Buyer beware.

Yay Super Cash except it excludes damn near EVERYTHING at old navy. Online it says excludes everyday steals, hot deals, etc. Which is fine except during the super cash redeeming period stuff that normally isn't a "hot deal" or "everyday steal" magically becomes one. At least Gap allows you to use their Gap cash on majority of stuff and even Kohl's lets you use it as if it was actual cash. Pretty much every pair of kid's jeans and shirts turned into a hot deal rendering Super Cash pretty useless. You may as well just wait until they have 30 or 40% offers that say no exclusions. And what you can buy with Super Cash is probably what is not really selling for them and it's their way to get rid of old inventory. And I have like 5 pairs of their women's jeans that keep ripping. Their jeans should be $15 not almost 40 because the quality is just not there.

I was shopping at the Enfield Ct. store for well over an hour. When I went to the register to check out my purchases, my card was declined! According to the very rude customer service agent I spoke with on the phone, my account was closed due to lack of use! It wasn't used since 2013 and I was not informed that they closed it! My time spent there was nothing but a big waste and was told there will be no compensation for it! Needless to say I will NEVER shop at that store again!!

Old Navy credit card holders, be aware. If you are late with your payment 1 minute after the due date, you will be charged DOUBLE. I mean it. DOUBLE. I am not against a late fee but DOUBLE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME OR ARE YOU KIDDING YOURSELF OLD NAVY? Is this your way to attract repeat business? I can tell you this. I will not spend my dollars at any of your stores and I will make sure that everybody that I know knows about this. The late fee charged was removed when I made the phone call to customer service but just to know the fact that they charge double for late fee, I was about to vomit. I hope you are not having lunch when you are reading my review but that is the way I felt. So one more time. Old navy will not have a chance to have my dollars in their account. PEACE!

I like Old Navy because they have jeans that are the right fit for me (I prefer regular fit or straight cut). Slim and skinny fit types of jeans are what's usually offered by other stores and I don't feel comfortable on those.

I shopped at the Old Navy on Fruitville Pike in Lancaster, PA last night. The carts and rack at the Fitting Room were overflowing. I was never greeted by a store associate. I looked for one to ask questions of but could not find any. When I went to check out there were about 18 people in line in front of me. With only two registers open, it took at least 25 minutes before I was finally at the register. There was no apology for the wait made. My purchase was jammed into a bag. I now remember why I stopped shopping at Old Navy years ago. I won't be back again.

Hello. I went to Old Navy on Saturday 04/30/2016. It was not my first time but I never thought that you could save so much money in this store. I will recommend anyone to go there. They have offers me to open my Old Navy card. I did not want to do it but as soon they told me I was going to save money, I say "sure". I was approve and had a great discount. I open my card in a different location but after that I decided to go to a different location because I had the end of the day to use my discount. I have decided to go the Moorestown location in NJ to try it out.

It was very clean. But not only that, I have a comment to say. Giovanna was very helpful. She could not help will all my question so she decided to call her Manager. Her name was Jodi. I can say Jodi was very helpful with me. All store should have manager like her. She have answer all my question and also had help me with my purchase. In the other store that I went, I was not clear with what I pay. She have fix my receive and make me save more money. When you go to the Moorestown store and have question, ask for Jodi. She know everything that is going on in the store and she is very helpful.

My partner used to swear by Old Navy's loose fit men's jeans and bought several pairs recently. However, after wearing one pair just a few times, I noticed a tear next to one of the rear pockets. Today, after wearing a DIFFERENT, NEWER pair there was a massive tear down the front next to the zipper. It was torn wide open from where the button was almost down to the top of the thigh area, simply from bending over while washing the car. We compared the pants to an older pair (one that lasted for years) and the quality just feels different, which is clear from the fact that the old pair is still in great condition while the new pairs are torn so badly they cannot be worn. Since we didn't keep the receipts, we threw the jeans in the garbage, but I took several photographs of the jeans. Again, these are the men's loose fit jeans. I think we will be staying far away from Old Navy unless and until the quality of their clothing improves.

I never write reviews or anything but my experience today was horrible. Horrible customer service and adding for your deals that are going on. I went to the store in Willow Grove, PA. When I went to ring up my clothes everything that I had was the fine print saying some exclusions apply. I don't know why you advertise with signs saying 30% or etc. and only one thing on the whole table to 30% off. It was 4 different items. Also, the salesperson who rung me up. He was flat out rude. I understand he had to hear my frustration when nothing I had was actually on sale, but when I looked at my receipt he rung me up for 2 articles of clothing I did not buy. And when I went back to tell him NOTHING. Not an "I am sorry for the mistake" or anything. Then when he rings it back up to return it he uses the sale price I thought it was originally.

I told him he told me that nothing I had in my cart was on sale yet when he rings it up he tries charging less for what I paid. Is this something Old Navy is trying to do? I never left the store during this whole process. The manager was no help and when I left the guy hist and said "what a" and I'm not going to finish that because it was flat out rude. I had my two year old daughter with me and he thought I did not hear him. I have mom ears. I heard it all. I will be sharing this post with my Facebook page and other pages on Facebook because how I was treated was completely disrespectful and I do not want anyone else to be treated like me. No one deserves it.

I went to a physical store to purchase a $200 gift card (I am an OLD NAVY credit card holder for over 10 years). On 3/28/16 they had less than 20 gift cards total and only in the following styles: Baby, Rad Dad, Christmas. None appropriate for a male 18th birthday. When I called customer service, I wanted both store and corporate management to respond to my complaint. Nope - they don't do that. Reception "routes to their leadership." Maybe it will be seen by site and corporate management, maybe not. The customer will never know if their complaint reached the correct level. That is not an acceptable resolution policy.

I went into Old Navy yesterday after seeing an emailed promotion that you will receive $20 in "Super Cash" for every $25 spent (they were calling it Double Super Cash). There were signs all over the store advertising this promotion. Obviously they know that people relate this to Kohl's Cash (where every dollar you earn is the amount that you can spend on merchandise, i.e. you have $20 in cash, you can purchase $20 in merchandise during a certain period of time... no further purchases beyond the $20 needed).

What a scam!!! I purchased $153 in merchandise. Only received a voucher for $60 in "Super Cash." (If it's as advertised, shouldn't that have been $140 in Super Cash if it's $20 for every $25 spent?) Then, when I got home & started reading the "rules" for redeeming the Super Cash, you have to spend MORE MONEY to get the amount listed (i.e. my $60 Super Cash is only applied if I spend ANOTHER $150!!!). What is that??? I have to spend a total of $300 in order to get the promotional discount? That is very shady promotion tactics on the part of Old Navy. Shame on you Old Navy!!!

Received super cash, great $20 off if I spent $50 dollars. Sounds like a great deal. Nothing online was on sale, nothing in my size was available, nothing worth buying. Used another person's computer; ohhh what wonderful things they had available and for sale; until processing my cart and trying to use super cash. FYI I am no longer going to sign up for loyalty cards or point rewards, biggest scam in the world.

I order over $100 worth of items off Old Navy's website with what should have been free 5 day shipping. On day 4, they sent me an email telling me that they cancelled half of my order because the items weren't available, but shipped the rest. I called to tell them that if they are going to cancel half of my order because items 'aren't available' (This turns out to be a TOTAL lie) that their website STILL says are available, they need to cancel my whole order. They said two things: 1) They can't cancel my order since they already shipped it. I will need to take time and money to ship it back to them. 2) The items ARE available, they just can't send some of them to a PO box. Well, GREAT - the Old Navy website is the one that insisted I put a PO box!

So, they re-order my items, now coming 5 days later than they should have (but they promise it will only take 3 and arrive in time for the trip I was shopping for), with a 10% discount...saving me a whopping 5 dollars! Considering I spent an hour on the phone and the items will now be 4 days late, this is NOT helpful - but I accepted it. Then, 4 days after that (still haven't gotten my original order) I get another email saying the same thing about one of the items I had to re-order - that it's not available. So, I call again, and AGAIN the item is available, they just couldn't ship it - despite having both a street address and PO box for me! All they can offer now is to re-order the final item, AGAIN, making it ten days late. And to top it off - both the first and second packages were shipped by USPS (meaning they could have used the PO box originally) AND neither arrive in time.

The worst part is - I was charged on my original order for shipping even though it should have been free! And they didn't refund the shipping cost the first time I called, despite me not getting ANY of my items in time. They offered me a whopping 10% off a future order both times they cancelled mine, as if I'm going to shop with their terrible company again. Not to mention - you can get a 30% off coupon just by joining their free newsletter, yet a paying customer gets 10% off after they screwed up their order twice? Old Navy is an absolute mess. They shouldn't be allowed to sell online as they clearly do not have the brain power to figure out how to fulfill orders and they don't care at all about their customers.

On May 2005, I ordered several items from Old Navy website. I received the items but one of them still had the security tag on it. I printed the receipt and went several times to the store to have them remove the security tag, but the line were overwhelmingly large (that is the reason why I prefer the website). Finally I went on a Sunday but I did not have the receipt with me. The Cashier immediately ask for receipt and I told her that I did not have it. I spoke with a Manager and he told me that without the receipt, they will not remove the security tag. I asked the manager if do I have the appearance of a crook and he replied the same thing. I told him that I would go home and get the receipt then he needed to remunerate me for the time and gas expense because the security tag were their fault and not mine.

Finally he asked me for the credit card from which I paid the transaction and I gave them my card. Without asking me further questions he removed the tag and very upset replied to me to next time bring a receipt and threw the garment back to me. I never felt so humiliated by the manager's attitude instead of offering me alternatives to solve the problem. The store is located in Pasadena California and I will never order anything from this website or store again.

I cannot believe that Old Navy doesn't have the wherewithal to provide online customers with a Quick View button, one of the staples of shopping on the Web with ease. Yet since October of this year, the Quick View button has been missing. I emailed Customer Service several times to complain and was told that IT was "working on it". Well, if you are a rich and powerful e-tailer like the Gap, how the heck long does it take to fix? Every time I go on the oldnavy.com website I have the headache of not being able to browse items quickly for size and color - I have to click through to every single thing, then click back... and forth, and back, and forth. Incredibly frustrating and surely unnecessary? Old Navy, show your customers some respect and fix this thing. Even Sears has this feature!

We purchased 8 items from the Warwick, RI store. They were clearly marked down to $5 and $8 respectively. When we got to the register they rang up $5.38 and $8.83. When I told the cashier that it was incorrect, she corrected it. However, it seemed that they were trying to sneak in a price increase as she didn't even hesitate that the price was wrong. Consumer alert... pay attention to the prices that ring up at Old Navy.

I went to Old Navy by the Loop in Kissimmee, Florida. There was pure chaos in that store. Clothing was not in the correct place, and many thrown on the floor. There was not one employee available to help as they were all at the register. I have never went to shop at a place so disgusting in my life!

So I ordered a bunch of clothing for Christmas for someone on November 28th. It was shipped on December 8th. It is now December 22nd and no items. Also, the package can't be tracked at this point and won't make it for Christmas! Old Navy's customer service is useless. They can't do anything. Really? What a great customer service department, would do is send items again and overnight it. This is the only store that can't get you your items in time for Christmas even when you order in a month advance. Never will use again. Can't count in them.

Placed an order 11/30/15. They did not ship the order until December 19, 2015. Ten days later I still do not have my merchandise (but they charged my card immediately). I have no complaints about the in-store purchases but I would never order online again based on this experience. The handling time on top of the time it takes for the purchase to arrive is ridiculous. When I called the customer service line I was informed I chose the delayed method. Well I may have chosen free shipping but what is their excuse for it taking 10 days to get the order ready to ship?

My mom sent a bunch of Old Navy clothing for my two boys for Christmas at my request. She lives in another state and personally went to the store, chose the items and mailed them to me. I was wrapping the items and noticed that one shirt was much smaller than the others so looked ant the sticker/tag were both marked as large, but the inside of the shirt was marked a medium. I took the shirt to our local store to do an EVEN EXCHANGE and was told they would refund the lowest price within 30 days and MAIL me a certificate! Quoted their policy like 4 times when I told the cashier I just wanted the same exact shirt in the correct size as the mistake was on their end.

Once again quoted policy and told I can not even make an even exchange without a receipt. Forget the fact that I had to make a special trip to their store, stand in line to correct THEIR mistake! Never once did I hear them ask a single customer if they needed a gift receipt nor was my mom ever offered one. Called customer relations and they could care less. Too many competitive retailers that are much easier to work with to ever spend another dime with them!! Oh yeah, the policy holds true for GAP, Banana Republic and Piper Lime per customer relations... Should you chose to shop with any of them make sure you keep and or send your receipt for every item.

I purchased items online from OldNavy.com in mid-November. I didn't like what I received and felt confident that I would be able to return in store. I printed off the information from my online account and went to the store. I was met with a friendly employee but she didn't know what she was doing. She kept going to her manager at the next register to ask questions. I get all of this and asked her to wait for the manager to be finished with her customer and for the manager to come over to help this new employee.

Once the manager arrived, she told me I didn't have the "paperwork" to be able to do a return because there is a bar code on the invoice that she needs. I asked her to call the online customer service number to get the information she needed. She replied with she didn't think they were open today. Surprise, surprise! Someone actually answered. They said they couldn't do the return without the bar code on the packing slip. I pulled up my account on my phone and showed them the purchase there too. Still - no bar code to be able to return these items!!

I don't understand why that information is not available from the information on your order account information. I think it's because they don't really want to return anything and are making the return process as difficult as possible. There was no mention of I can do this and offer you a gift card for the items returned, just "I can't return these items." I will NEVER shop at Old Navy again. Their clothing is subpar and customer service is HORRIBLE!

I walked into Old Navy after living 2 years nearby, expecting it to cater to teenagers or the younger crowd. Needless to say, it is almost the ONLY store I shop in anymore (I'm 59). I love the styles, love the price, and the girls my store are fantastic! I also find great buys for my grandkids in the children's department. I love this store!

Old Navy Company Profile