1.12/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

228 Old Navy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I made an online order at Old Navy on 11/15/18 expecting delivery on 12/17/18. On the day of the delivery I get an email around 1pm stating I would not get my clothing because my address was undeliverable. I call customer service to go over the information. The agent tells me my address is correct but he does not know why I didn't get my order. He had no information for me and did not have any of the clothing left that I ordered. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I went to the store today to return two $7 PJs. You would have thought I was asking to return the Hope Diamond. I had my receipt in hand for one item and the other item they had ordered from in the store. Had the email confirming order and delivery of it. The pathetic clerk kept telling me that the items were not on my receipt. I could clearly see 5 pairs of PJ pants and 3 tops (the other two had to be ordered). The girl insisted that I had purchased 3 pair of medium pants even though I had not. I wanted to exchange, but they no longer had the items, so she wanted to give me store credit, which I didn’t want because I do not regularly shop there.

As the line steadily built behind me, she still refused to return my items for a refund. I was reminded why I quit shopping there many years ago. I left, livid that this was such a headache. I had to call their 800 number and then go to a different store since I refused to drive back over there to get a refund. Needless to say, I will not be going back after this experience.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered 20 items online the middle of November. Instead of shipping the whole order together, Old Navy decides to ship them in 4 different packages. The shipment that contains 12 of the 20 items never made it to my house but when tracked it shows “delivered to front door” (lies). Customer service said things get misscanned all the time & I needed to wait until the promised ship date to call back for a refund. They were very rude & not helpful at all. I can’t believe a big company like Old Navy would have sure terrible customer service in 2018. I will never make an online order with Old Navy again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered 19 items from Old Navy as Christmas presents for my kids. They canceled 16 of the items because they were sold out! Because of their poor inventory system, I missed out on other deals from other stores. One of the items ordered was a Christmas dress for my daughter and now I’ll have to pay full price for one. I am extremely disappointed with the Old Navy brand. I still cannot believe they canceled so many items! Now I have to try and find all new items for the same budget and most of the good sales are over.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have placed FOUR orders for the above jeans. The first pair I received had defective flaws in the material. I called up and was sent a second pair. Same SKU number, same size. The second pair arrived and was the same as the first pair. Defective lines all through the jeans. I again called Customer service and was told that they would launch an investigation to look into this problem I am having and would let me know when it was done so that I could again order these jeans. Keep in mind each time I received defective items I again had to return to the store and return these for a Credit on my Visa. I receive an email telling me that the investigation is completed and I again order the jeans (I really want these jeans). Again nobody from Customer service requesting a picture of the defects in the jeans.

I am sent out a third pair of jeans. I received the third pair of jeans and again same problem. Defective material and lines all through the jeans front/back/inseam/pockets. I again call your Customer service and speak now to a fifth person and tell them they need to contact your warehouse that these jeans are shipping from and have someone physically go out and look at all the product of this size and SKU number, and see the problem I have described (again doesn’t ask for a picture of defective jeans). They say that this will be done and they will again let me know when I can re-order these jeans. Well I am notified again that I can re-order the jeans for the fourth time and that the problem has been fixed and that the wrong jeans were sent out the last three times.

I receive the fourth pair of jeans on Nov. 14th and again the same problem!!! What is wrong with your warehouse staff that they cannot do their job and investigate this batch of defective jeans but can still send me out again another pair with the same problems. I again for the fourth time have to return these to the store at my expense and inconvenience. I am very disappointed with this and again have to return to the store to get my Credit. I think you were sold a batch of jeans with defective material on all of them. I don’t know what is so hard about having someone actually physically checking this SKU number. I think that you need to be more diligent in what you are sending out to your Customers, especially for the fourth time around. These are definitely not what your website reflects these jeans to be. Unfortunately I cannot buy these petite size jeans in the store, another thing you might want to change to stock petite sizes in your stores.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

If I have to ever shop online, I will never buy from Old Navy, they will ship you wrong products or sometimes ship you incomplete order and then apologize that some products were out of stock... If they were out of stock then why you had them shown available on your website. I will never buy from Old Navy again... crappy products and crappy service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I ordered a coat and it was "delivered" to my house but there was no coat there. I was told it was "probably still on the truck". Two days goes by, no coat. I just call to reorder and it's sold out. Great.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I like this site and the quality of some items. What I don't like is the price change. I understand prices are subject to change. Old Navy does it on a daily basis. Yesterday they had $12 pants for girls. Today they are $16.00. I have also noticed that they up their prices when they have a "big sale" going on.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Your stores must me hedging their bets that the 'obesity epidemic' in America is fake news because only a small portion of the stock in the Mt. Pleasant, SC inventory is loose fitting or athletic cut (which I wanted). I understand I may not be your target market but really? As I was in the store and walking around outside, I was only seeing a few guys that could fit into the pants you stock. I love shopping at your store but I can't go back if there's only a small portion of inventory to try on.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I ordered my daughter 3 items on August 28th. It was to be delivered by September 7th according to the site. On the 6th I received an email saying it could be 30 MORE days! I called them and they say because of back to school orders they’re behind. This is not a new company. They’ve had to experience back to school before. So a month and a half to possibly receive my in stock order is ridiculous. Then customer service is rude and offers no help other than to tell me I can cancel my order. I won’t be ordering from them again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Old Navy has the worst customer service when it comes to their online orders. First of all, if you are placing an order for pick up in store, they will only apply it to items you individually select for store pick up. Secondly, the hold to get a customer service rep was over 15 mins. After patiently waiting to speak to someone, they weren't helpful at ALL! Very frustrating OLD NAVY! Very disappointed in their service. In this day and age you should really upgrade your services to be able to make quick changes just as fast as you take customers' money! I will not be purchasing any more items from Old Navy.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Listen, I love Old Navy, they have great deals. But they have to do something about the way the handle online orders. First off, the shipping method is beyond ridiculous. I ordered about 20 items for my daughter, and after having to call to verify my address and credit card info (2 times in 1 week) I finally get the order through, and ON sends my order in like 50000 different shipments. 2 shirts here, 1 pant there, 4 sweaters here, all with different delivery dates. Seriously? You can send everything in 1-2 shipments? ** stupid!

Also, they have introduced a order online, pick up at store system, which sounds great, but they are too busy flagging everyone's card for fraud, and store team is halfway aware of online orders, that it makes the whole thing pointless. I'm guessing this applies to GAP and Banana as well, since they are owned by same idiots. Please fix, get it together with the shipping and let folks combine bonus cash with promo codes. Completely worthless if you can't even do that.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I ordered 2 pairs of maternity jeans and a couple of shirts from Old Navy’s website. Promptly, I receive a confirmation email stating my tracking number and expected receiving date. As I had opted for 3-5 days shipping, 7 days later I noticed my shipment was still pending so I messaged customer service and asked if there was a delay because of something I did or if it was on their end, because I needed something that wasn’t yoga pants for a meeting coming up soon and would like to know if I needed drive a few hours away to purchase some new clothes in the meantime.

The next day, I was sent the same generic email they send to everyone that asked a shipping related question, telling me to be patient, they have no control over anything, and that I would receive my order by the expected delivery date. The following day, I received an email stating it could take up to 30 days to get my items. Usually, this wouldn’t be a huge deal, but I’m 7 months pregnant, suddenly don’t fit into any of my clothes, have a full time job and nowhere remotely near me that sells maternity clothing.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered clothes on August 24th from Old Navy, All items showed in stock at time of purchase. When placing order standard shipping was free due to price of my order, and showed items would be shipped within in 5-8 business days. Payment by company processed in full at time of purchase which is standard. As of September 5th I have yet to receive my items, and have called Old Navy's customer service department now 3x’s because a few items have yet to be shipped. All items were promised by 9/5 which is also past the 5-8 day advertised on the company's website.

I understand and expect delays, but their company website doesn't not update you with status changes nor can you get much information when speaking to a customer service associate. Old Navy CSR told that the items that still on a truck in one of the company's warehouses, but there hadn‘t been a status update beyond that, and that the company is behind with back to school orders. When I asked if maybe my paperwork got lost in the shuffle the rep told me it was possible that he didn't know. I advised that I received a generic email from Old Navy that my product should be to me within 30 days, but that's it. The customer service rep told me that they couldn’t help me until after the guaranteed ship date of 9/5.

After 9/5 I could call in and cancel my order, or he could resubmit my order and request expedited shipping. I expressed I understood delays, but this was getting a little ridiculous. He then proceeded to offer me a 20% discount off my next order. I advised there was no need because I will not be ordering from this company again when I can‘t seem to even get my first order. Once a company has my money I expect my product to be shipped in a timely manner or to get my money back. I don't have a problem waiting 2 weeks for my order to be delivered, however to not be communicated with as a consumer who has ordered your product based on a timeline your company advised, and then get the run around is ridiculous. Old Navy has been by far my worst online shopping experience and I have bought many items online.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I have shopped online and got qualified for free shipping, week later received email, telling me that one of my items is canceled, and I will get a refund! Unheard! Absurd! I'll never shop online again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I've been a casual Old Navy customer for a few years. Mostly shopping in their stores. But have been ordering online lately. Last Spring, I made an order and received an e-mail confirmation. The next day I get an e-mail saying it was cancelled with no explanation. I called and was on the phone with them for over 30 minutes. They said it was a problem with my credit card. Which I have had for 20 years and used with them each time. Finally they removed the block from my card and placed the order again. The same thing happened this week. When I called Old Navy, I told them that this has stop. It's becoming a huge inconvenience. And I needed this order before I left on a trip.

They apologized and said they would overnight the order at no charge. Four days later, no order. That was yesterday (Thursday), and I leave for my trip today. I called them again last night, they said the order had gone out that morning from NYC and I would have it today. I asked the Rep why it went it 3 days after the first Rep said it was going to be shipped. And she made up some excuse that overnight deliveries still take a few days. I informed this Rep too that I was leaving for my trip at 1:00 PM on Friday, so it better get here before then.

Well, today, Friday, I get an e-mail from Old Navy that the order was just shipped and I'll be receiving it on Monday (8/27). So, did the Rep lie to me on the phone last night? This is completely unacceptable and the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I'm done with Old Navy. Won't be shopping there ever again. I gave them a one star review because you can't give anything less. But they deserve ZERO stars.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I went to buy polos for back to school. The size I needed was out and the attendant standing by me asked what I was looking for, and when I explained, she said, “We can order those for you online and have them shipped for free.” I stood there for over an hour with three different attendants trying to figure out how to use the portable POS machine to put the order in. They offered or I would of went to another store to purchase, no biggie! I was told I would have my order within 5 to 7 Days. On the 8th day, I called customer service to find out what was going on with the order. I was told since it was back to school they were very busy and that they would be overnighting my stuff and I would have it on Monday. On Sunday the 9th day since the order was placed, I get an email stating that they are out of stock on one of the shirts.

Here it is Monday and still, no shirts as I was told over the weekend they were being overnighted and delivered. I called customer service today and all I can get told is that they are very busy and there's a lot of stuff that has to go out. They should have said all of this from the get-go. I would have went elsewhere to purchase the school shirts. Now it has been 10 days and still nothing and nobody seems to have a clue about what's going on. I cancelled my order, now I have to wait 3 to 5 days in order to get the money back in my account. I will never shop at Old Navy again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I am writing to inform you of a recent experience at your Spanish Fort, Al location. On yesterday I was finishing school shopping for my kids, and upon us walking in an associate told other employees that we looked suspicious. We were then followed by a group of 4 employees huddled and watching us. I am a law abiding citizen with no criminal record, and definitely wouldn't be stealing with my kids. Needless to say we left the store without making a purchase. I will no longer be shopping with your company for I have been a long time customer. I will be making a public post on social media in regards to this, because just because I'm ** I shouldn't be labeled a thief.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I went to pick up some shirts at Old Navy store 3414 in Valdosta, GA. Upon arrival I was greeted as usual and went on to shop. As I made my way over to the boys section a ** lady with long dreads who works there (who I now know is a manager on shift.) asked me did I need help. I told her "No" and that I like to make my way through the store slowly as you find better deals that way. Ohh boy, why did I say that. She had her workers watching me as if I was stealing. You could feel it tell it as she looked and whispered and followed me around that she thought I was up to something, but I wasn't. I was shopping like any other customer. It made me feel so uncomfortable. I tried to ignore it.

I finally got the best deals I could find, paid for my stuff and left. I don't understand how someone shopping is supposed to look but apparently ** with a cap on ain't it. I even tried to hold a friendly conversation to ease her and me and it didn't. I am so annoyed that she ruined my shopping experience as I love Old Navy's brand and specifically wanted my whole family to be dressed in their clothes for our family photos tomorrow for the 4th of July. #Beyond annoyed!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Ordered online and received confirmation. Then order was cancelled with no reason given. I called customer service and they said it was a credit card issue, which was impossible. They resent order - I never got it. However I did get a email saying I RETURNED THE ORDER... which I didn't. Called customer service again, couldn't understand the person talking and she couldn't give me any info. I gave up... there are other places to shop without hassle. Didn't need it that bad anyway.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Five items that I ordered 8 days ago - that were promised to arrive within 5-7 business days - have not even shipped yet. One shipped several days ago but there is no sign of it. The others, according to an email I received from Old Navy, will ship "when they are in stock." There was no notice when I ordered and PAID for the items that they weren't even in stock. Emails back from Old Navy urged me to be patient. I tried to send another email back to them and now their email in-box is mysteriously "full" so they can't accept any more emails. I will NEVER order from them again.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Bad enough I ordered some hoodies. Didn't get them till two weeks later after wanting them to go back to them because now were 10 each cheaper. Then you get clothes that aren't the length or looks of what they have on photos then because it would cost me 50 dollars or more for over a half tank gas to return to a store near me 1 hr there then 1hr back again as they keep telling me to do for a faster Visa return (instead of 3-4 wks for it returned to Visa).

Then to return I have to stay home for UPS for whenever (good they pick up) but your life gone waiting and waiting for return money pickups and you can't see the product if the same as it shows on the site or not then the sizes off and some really cheap material for the cost. I am really disappointed after buying for grandkids and self and now they are waiting their money back for a month to buy elsewhere. So means my money gone helping them now awaiting forever return monies. No online friendly to say the least. Oh then sending other colours and sizes cause they ran out. Helllooo.

Original review: April 17, 2018

If you're at all interested in shopping at one of Old Navy's retail stores, they will ask you at the time of checkout to provide them with an email address in order to send you information on different savings you can get on products. I made the mistake of giving them my email thinking I would get an email every once in a while, but they took the opportunity to email me multiple times on a daily basis. Since I got tired of the amount of email I was having to remove from my inbox, I opted out of their email communications. That should've been the end of it.

Since March 24th, they have emailed me every single day and often multiple times per day. They have ignored my unsubscribe requests and their customer service ignores any complaints about spam or requests to have an email address removed from their database. Do NOT under any circumstance give them your email address. If you're shopping online, you may want to use a temporary email address that you do not need to check on a normal basis, otherwise you will be cleaning up a lot of spam.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I had recently been in a car accident and hospitalized for 3 months. I had got in contact with Old Navy about my account, as I obviously couldn't contact to pay on my account. I called right away and let them know I would have the account paid in full by the end of the month. This is when for sure, my paycheck would be available in my account. I logged on this morning to find out what the payoff was. I saw my account was closed AFTER I spoke to the woman just the other day. I called to find out why. The man just kept stating when it's closed, there is nothing they can do. Thank you for making it easier for me. My friends and family will be closing their accounts as well. I will continue to spread their inconsiderateness everywhere. Yes, it's my job to ensure my account is paid. Without a doubt, I'm aware. Circumstances what they were, this was impossible. Get employees that can give your customers correct information.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Store only help certain people. Pls do not ask Megan in Waco for help. That's not what she there for and if you want to be laughed at go to Stephanie but keep in mind you have to be of a certain race to be offered any kind of extra help but to sweep your card and go on your way.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I purchase from Old Navy online frequently as they carry petite sizes only online. I DREAD however, returning items because inevitably they give me a hard time or make me feel badly for returning items to the store. One time, I was told I would have to have a CHECK MAILED to me for a returned item. Then, when I went to use it I was informed I could not get any change back and they would have to mail me another check, which I never received, which totaled less than $2.00!

Another time, I was told it was outside of the 30 day return window so they would not accept the return even though I had a receipt and the SAME item was still displayed and sold in the store. Every time I have returned an item I am told I cannot get money back because I purchased it online and would have to get a credit applied to my card. Hello, I hold a GAP card and I don't want cash back! I spend a lot of money at Old Navy as a credit card holder and Rewards acct customer and I still get treated like a criminal. Shame on you, Old Navy!

Original review: March 7, 2018

Old Navy is making unrealistic promise dates and the night before promise date advising they can't deliver. I had phoned early in the day and the rather condescending phone representative made it sound like this very outcome I feared was not possible and silly of me to be calling worried. Instead, she should have given me a realistic idea and said that it happens at times and why so I could have time to go shopping for a plan B today for my daughter's assembly coming up in a few days. Paying for overnight isn't going to be overnight but it may not even be three or four days later and that is misleading. Could websites don't let you choose unrealistic options rather than just get your hopes up for a sale.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

So I went to the Old Navy this Friday the one in Chinook and look at this rack said 12.99. I went there. Start looking if I could find something good, I found these jogger went up to cashier and he said they were 44.99. I asked him if he could do a price check and he asked this lady to price check. I went with the lady and showed her where I found the joggers from. It was not the only pant there, there were more hanging on the same rack. So she told me, "Yes. Those will be 12.99" and when I go back the cashier he said, "Oh no. These were on wrong spot," I said, "There are more there. Is not the only one" and I also told him that this lady just said, "Yes. They are 12.99". He started arguing with me so I was like whatever. They didn't say sorry or anything. I was really disappointed and I would never go there again. He gave the pants for $25. I will prefer you guys to do the same. Try ignoring that place. They don't respect you or treat you like customer.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I went into Old Navy today to return gifts that were sent to my niece from another family member in Portland Oregon. I had the items and the receipt with the tags on both articles of clothing. They asked, “What is your reason for the return” I said “These items were gifts sent to my niece, and they do not fit.” The receipt totaled $58.79. I was immediately told that due to the fact that these items were passed 45 days, I was receiving 1/2 the value. The next jaw stopping comment was they would mail me the money in a check, excluding the tax that was paid. I said, “I would like to speak to a manager.” I told the manager I wanted a store credit so I could get my niece something comparable, and I wanted the full value on the receipt. She said, "No!"

I told her I would be contacting the regional office for their complete disregard for customer service. I told them, “So instead of a merchandise credit? Of 58.79. I get to spend additional money for what I came in to buy??? And receive a check for 25.00 or less dollars in the mail, in 10-20 days or so." I walked the store in disbelief!!! The store looked like a hurricane blew through it, it took me 1.5 hours to find two semi-normal pairs of jeans for my niece, which I still had to pay out of my own pocket. I will never, I repeat never shop there again. If I had not just donated every small pair of jeans my niece owned, I would have just left, as it was. I exhausted myself looking for something that even came close to decent quality, it was the last stop of the day. I needed to get these pants, but I am beyond disgusted with most of the crap in the store, and the rotten policies. DONE with you Old Navy. Your merchandise credit will collect cobwebs.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

A few days ago I bought some pants at Old Navy using both cash and a gift card. I got home and realized the size on the sticker was not the correct pant size, and I had bought the wrong size. I went back to return them unworn, and with the receipt. I wanted cash back since I don’t often shop at Old Navy but they wouldn’t give me anything except store credit. That is ridiculous! If I am not satisfied with a purchase, the product is unused, with tags attached, and I have the original receipt I should be able to return something how I would like! We will not be shopping at Old Navy again because the return policy is frustrating and their products don’t seem to last anyways!

Old Navy Company Information