2.7/5 (737 ratings)

About Old Navy

Old Navy is a clothing and accessories retail store with locations across the U.S. The bright and open-concept floor plan lets shoppers quickly identify the different sections throughout the store, including men's, women’s, kids', baby, plus size and activewear. Each store’s layout and selection is different based on geographical location and inventory.

Pros

• Old Navy Super Cash program
  • Low-priced clothing
  • Often runs specials and promo deals

Cons

• Clothing sections can be unorganized
  • Not all stores have maternity clothes

Bottom Line

Old Navy is an American retailer that offers clothing and accessories for men, women and kids. It offers a large selection of styles and sizes along with seasonal items.

Old Navy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Navy?

Original review: April 15, 2022

I returned two, very lightweight, tops and was expecting $42.98 refund. I checked my credit card statement today. Only received a credit for $31.14. WHAT? It cost me $11.84 because they sent the wrong size. Just ridiculous, I will NEVER buy from Old Navy again!

Original review: April 3, 2022

Over at least the past 5 years, I have made multiple online purchases from Old Navy. Every time I have done so, I have been unable to sign into my account despite multiple attempts to change my password, switch to a different device, clear my cache, reboot my electronic device and call into customer service (who has never been able to rectify this situation). I do not recall ever having been able to make an online purchase without having to do so as a guest. I can't even sign in on my Old Navy app because of this issue. I do not know if my points from my online purchases as a guest are actually added to my account because I cannot log into my account to view this. I doubt it, as I have few (if any) points racked up to take advantage of when I have gone into an Old Navy store.

I am wondering if this is done intentionally to random people in order to make more money off of people who regularly spend money at Old Navy. Seems needless and really underhanded for a huge publicly traded corporation to stoop to such low levels to save a few bucks on ordinary, middle-income families. The products themselves are of good quality otherwise I wouldn't continue to shop there. This is just more than 5 years of frustration built up over an issue that should have been easy to solve.

Original review: March 31, 2022

First of all, you cannot write a low star review online anymore, the Old Navy website is not accepting them. You cannot get any help, to enter your honest review or feedback. There is new leadership and the system is broken. There is only a "no reply" email, though it doesn't list it that way. There are only unprofessional untrained people in the "chat" option or first-tier phone support that will not listen or let you speak to someone who can. They will not record the chats or send them anywhere you just have no options or help at all. I don't know if it is because it is no one in America hired for Old Navy that they are using in this capacity but no one will help or send anywhere up the chain.

I am getting no response for two months now for help to submit my reviews on their clothing. I did get a link in my email, and clear all my caches, and history and try it in different browsers, computers, and phones, and it will not accept my low star reviews stating a website error that they won't acknowledge. The clothes look cute online. Old Navy “appears” to care about Diversity- that’s my star. I have concern with the quality of clothing. In particular, the vintage sweatshirt and jogger sets I purchased late fall 2021. I noticed after I wore them just a couple times lounging around the house the knees bag out by a several inches and do not go back. I attached pictures of how the clothes actually look with a couple wears.

Washing the sweatshirts and joggers they become very thin, and pill/ball. I’m incredibly disappointed in the quality. It seems I can only wear these old navy clothes once, which is irresponsible in clothing. I’m upset that I’m having to continue to spend money every month on clothes that could’ve last years. There’s incredible shrinkage actually making everything too short too, and being only 5’5” I’ve never experienced the pants turning into cropped length for me. I am not into fast fashion and I wish to encourage Old Navy to work on the quality rather than quantity of offerings.

I feel bad giving clothes to Goodwill after a couple wears/ washes but what am I to responsibly do? I have a gentle washer/detergent, use cool water and hang dry. I would have returned but I missed the window. I’m hoping there was just an issue with this line but I feel taken advantage of. This is what I got thinking that I would have house clothes that lasted at least a season. It’s important, especially these days, to be conscious to make things that last for people.

What is much worse with all of this is the quality of people they are hiring to “chat”. There is no email address you can send to talk to someone who might care. Treatment from new foreign representatives is appalling. I sent information and they just ended the chat and wouldn’t let me save it. When I call to talk to someone I’m pretty much harassed for a few minutes with false information while they tell me there is nothing that can be done. Old Navy, this sucks.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

My family and I placed online orders at the same time for Christmas pajamas. They got theirs, but part of mine was canceled due to not in stock (same items my family got). I then received the rest of my order and the gripper socks I ordered were a pair of T4-5 tights instead. Horrible service!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

About 6-8 months ago, Old Navy changed their business model for their Women's clothing department. Prior to the change, their plus size clothes were only available online and were always considerably more expensive than the misses line of clothing. Now, all their women's clothing is available from size S-4X in stores for the same price point. As a plus sized woman, this is such a wonderful change. I applaud them for realizing that plus size women would like the same options and misses sized women and not have to pay and arm and a leg for it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have been a loyal customer for years but after this last experience I will NEVER order from them again! It took 19 days after they received the return item to even acknowledge processing and it said it could take 15 days to receive refund... only to get a notice on day 19 that it can take 1 to 2 BILLING cycles (2 months) to get put back on our credit card!! Absolute crap service! Never ever again..

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Old Navy has terrible pants. They always fall apart or lose their color after 3 or 4 COLD washes. plus they're hella expensive. I bought a pair of yellow rockstar jeans from them and they lasted me a whole 5 days before the crotch seams CAME OUT, just FELL out and left a huge hole. I never got a receipt from Old Navy so I can't return them. It's just ridiculous. A whole $40 wasted because some idiot couldn't sew the crotch seams correctly.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I had placed an order online. Order was marked delivered. I searched everywhere even neighbors nothing. I called not sure where overseas the call center is but all they kept telling us it’s delivered. I asked to speak with a manager they refused. Finally reached someone to open a case. The photo from the shipping company proved it was delivered to the wrong house but I had to wait and call back. Did that again was told it’s delivered and when asked to speak with a manager was place on hold. No one picking up. Finally I communicated via chat and got a refund. I will NEVER buy from them again due to the customer service. Proof my item was lost with a case number from the shipping company and they did not care nor understand.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Bought some pants at Old Navy for my daughter, they did not fit her. We tried to return them for something in the store or for store credit to no avail. She was given a ticket with a number to call. We have called several time to no avail. We are not asking for a refund but a store credit. Please have someone call us to resolve this. Please call me at **. With the pandemic we had not had the opportunity to go in person.

Sincerely,

Mrs. **

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I purchased a pair of pants through Old Navy that were too small. All I wanted to do is exchange for a bigger size, that's it. I was told that I would need to mail them in which would take up to 14 days, then they would refund my money (which would take another 5 business days) and repurchase the item. So basically I would need to wait 3-4 weeks to get my money and repurchase an item that they have labeled "hot item", which would mean that there is no guarantee that I would actually be able to purchase those pants as they may be sold out. Every company that I have worked for will do an exchange through the mail and not put you through this circus. No one was willing to help in the situation and I was just told, "sorry, just mail them back and you can buy another pair". Sorry, I am not buying another pair or anything else from Old Navy because it is extremely clear that they could care less about working with their customers.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I had purchased some really cute back-to-school clothes for my kids online with awesome discounts. Come to find out that Old Navy is using a company called Newgistics for their shipping that works with USPS. This was back in July 14th. I had a bad feeling about using USPS for shipping since I have never had a great experience. True to my thoughts, it is July 28th and the package is nowhere to be found. The tracking number provided has absolutely no information and now I can't get the items ordered back because they are out of stock. It is unfortunate because I love Old Navy, but if they are using USPS to lower costs they will be hurting their client's experiences and their sales.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I have ordered from Old Navy for the last year for my son, I have placed about 10 orders and every time they flag me as Fraud and I'm sick of it! There is no fraudulent activity, the card is in my name, the order is in my name and they've done this to me 10 times. I've had to use my husband's name in hopes it would go throw but because the card has my name on it they keep flagging it. I order online on other sites and never, ever have this issue!

Original review: June 27, 2021

I was looking for some outfits for my daughter and an associate named Vanessa stopped and asked if I needed help. She helped me find as many as I liked and even was kind to order more for me! Thank you for being so patient and kind Vanessa!

Original review: June 16, 2021

Old Navy is using the worst shipping companies available. United Shipping Service cannot manage to deliver within the paid extra for the quick delivery time frame and has no excuse a week later. The answer is... "we are short on drivers." From my end, I paid extra for fast delivery and day after day... For four days straight - not including the weekend - I get message... Package scheduled for delivery today. But each day my package is not even on the truck. How freaking horrendous. I think I will never order from Old Navy again as long as the only shipping option is UDS.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Ordered 3 packs of kids mask online. I want to return two because they are not presentable. Went to the store in Rockville, MD. and they said mask are not returnable and refundable. Mask are still sealed. Never opened. The cashier just tried to turn me around. I was really upset because I did not received any warning or reminder that stated mask were not accepted for return or refund. I said they would be trash to me because I would not put these ugly mask on my kids. I told the cashier to trash for me if nothing they could help and they said they could not accept my merchandizes at all even as trash. Spoke to store supervisor, she recommended to call 1800 customer services.

Called 1800 customer service and the CSR solve my problem right away with my order number. Everything was set. Thank you. Called 1800 customer service again because I would like to know why the store accept return and refund for underwear like boxer, but not mask. People might try their boxer that touch their private part and return it. My masks were never opened. This CSR ask my, shipping tracking number, original order number and my personal information, she could not location my package info. Then I explained my concern to her and requested to not ask irrelevant info. Finally she transfer to her supervisor Karen.

Of course they did not communicate, I needed to explain my store again. Karen was not able to find my info either. Karen said she want to know what happen when I was in the store. I told Karen, she should ask the store info instead of my shipment info especially the problem had already solved. Karen then transferred my call to hazard material shipping department. Then this hazard material shipping department transferred my call to UPS customer service. OH MY GOD.

Called one more time to 1800 customer service, when the CSR transferred my call, call was hung up. So why Old Navy accept return and refund for underwear, but not mask that never open. The photographer in Old Navy did a good job to make the picture looked much nicer than the actual product. The merchandizers should get fire. THE MASK LOOK SO UGLY.

Original review: June 12, 2021

First time dealing with Old Navy. The young woman was very knowledgeable. Always thought their prices were high. Was surprised the prices are very reasonable. The clothes for men who are small framed are perfectly small measured.

Original review: May 19, 2021

Has surprisingly good quality items for bargain prices. I recently bought several packages of masks. All were 3 layers and big enough to meet public health guidelines. Also it’s my go to place for pyjamas and casual clothes. Lots of pretty fabric and last for years.

Original review: May 7, 2021

The location that I went to was not well organized. The clothes were unfolded and thrown on most of the table displays. Many of the rack displays didn't fare much better. It may have been the result of a busy day, as I entered the store about an hour before close. The clothing selection offered was nice, I just wish they had plus size clothes in store.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I had major surgery in January. This causes me to have to shop mostly online. This store has great deals and fast shipping! I would highly recommend this place for anyone who is interested in great savings.

Original review: May 5, 2021

The selection of clothing for men is not wide enough. I can not find the jeans or shirts that I like. The store's prices are mostly good. My wife and daughter can always find what they are looking for.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I love Old Navy. Their clothes are also very figure friendly. Everyone looks good in Old Navy and they always have very inclusive sizing. The only thing I don't love is that when you go into the stores it feels a little stuffy. They need to update their branding to be a little more contemporary in my opinion.

Original review: March 5, 2021

In January order 4 items. 2 jogger pants w/ matching tops. I never received any of the 4 items. I did receive 1 GAP T-shirt that I did not order. Tracking showed my order arrived. It took three ridiculous calls to customer service & had to ask for a manager. He sent a return label that had the items I ordered listed. How do you return items never received??? I returned the GAP shirt I did not order. Checked tracking & they received the return. I wrote on the paperwork again that I had not received any of the items I actually ordered. I paid $113.64 but they issued a refund for 1 item at $41.12. So calling the horrible customer service to try to get the full refund for items THEY NEVER SENT. How have they gotten so bad at this? I am never ordering from them again. The entire order process has been completely absurd.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I have shopped in store a few times before and have always found staff friendly and helpful and I have always loved the products I purchased. I wear mostly Old Navy clothing because they are true to size and good quality. It is my first experience shopping online with Old Navy Canada and it won't be my last. I found the website easy to use. My package arrived earlier than expected. Everything fit perfectly and is the same quality that I had come to expect, no bad surprises. I am so pleased with everything!! Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I received a pink sweater, a used pink sweater. I ordered leggings and a blazer. I contacted Old Navy, they told me only after I returned the sweater I could repurchase the original items then re-contact them and would be reimbursed. How could I trust that... Also, THAT'S EXTORTION!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I am a loyal Old Navy customer, I mean hundreds of dollars a year. Well, I go to make a return and was denied, I used 3 different IDs and they were all denied. They won’t even give you store credit! So, I had to call the 3rd party company who kept denying my return and I have to have a receipt (lost it) so now I’m stuck with $115 of clothes that don’t fit. I will not be shopping at my favorite store again. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I will never order from Old Navy again. Ordered Christmas gifts on 12/6. Figured I'd be safe to get them and wrap them before Christmas. A few days before Christmas I called and they said shipping was slow. I didn't believe them. The package hadn't moved. I knew they hadn't shipped yet still. He told me it would arrive on 12/28 and that I could return them then if I didn't want them. He refused to cancel or refund me. On 12/30, still no package. I checked online and it said my package had JUST shipped on 12/28 and wouldn't arrive til 1/6. I had to call back in to demand a refund. I ordered gifts all online this year from multiple places, none had problems reaching me before Christmas especially since I shop early. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I placed an order on Dec 9th. When I checked tracking it said delivery would be Dec 14. However I could see that my package hadn't moved at all in 5 days. No further tracking information was available after that but they kept telling me that my package was coming soon. 9 more days went by before I finally contacted Old Navy. All they said was that my package was lost and that I could place another order and pay extra for priority shipping or get a refund. Ridiculous! This was a Christmas gift that I had purchased for someone! I had to go in-person elsewhere last minute to purchase a Christmas present. That was the first and last time I will ever buy anything from Old Navy again. I have told all my friends and family about Old Navy's ** customer service.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Ordered tee shirts for Christmas for a girl 11-30-20. ON said 3-10 days shipping. So items due 12-10 at the latest. Has been pushed back several times, now say 12-29-20 at the earliest. Who wants a gift delivered after Christmas...not me. No one even knows where the package really is. TERIBLE service.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Left me high and dry for Christmas gifts. Ordered, paid, shipping information provided, never received product. ONLY after I contacted them did they inform me they were out of stock what I ordered. Which is just awful since it was ALL Christmas gifts for for my Grandkids. Will NEVER EVER purchase in store or online from Old Navy again. If you don't have the product, don't deceive us to think you do, count on it to arrive as promised, then say out of stock. Now, I have to wait 7-14 days for my money to be refunded, so no gifts for the Grandkids until money is received.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

They advertise great discounts and sales on their clothing, so you buy a handful of items. The items that you really save a lot on are always out of stock (but you don’t find that out for 2-3 weeks). When you call to find out 3 weeks later why the specific “great deal” hasn’t shipped but everything else has, they cancel the order due to inventory shortage and refund you. The last time they reordered the item because they still had it in stock, the next day it was short again. So here I sit charged twice waiting for cash on both orders to be credited back to me. Never again Old Navy, they have a one star rating for a reason. Cheap clothes that might last a few months.

Old Navy Company Information