2. Shopping

New York & Company

New York & Company
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.52/5

New York & Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New York & Company?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about New York and Company?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I would not recommend this service! I have tried to cancel my subscription twice only to be charged again. I was also given information on how to keep a garment, but I was then charged triple what the cost of the garment was originally. Worst customer service ever.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I have placed three orders with a live agent and ALL three times the order arrived incorrectly. The first time, I placed my order, two of the same item were delivered, when I specifically told the agent on the phone the CORRECT order which she repeated back to me. The second time I placed the order with a live agent to correct the first order, I found out that the original item I had ordered was NOT available in my size. So not only did this company make a mistake in my first order, I was unable to order the item the second time around in my second over the phone order. Last, I finally received the order from the second time I called, but then I received an EXTRA item that I did not want. When I called customer service they had NO record of the THIRD shipment. The physical locations of this store have closed. The company should close their online shopping to save the public from the HASSLE of the inexperienced online agents.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I have been a longtime NY&CO card member until a few weeks ago. I closed my account (with a zero balance) due to the unprofessional and unfriendly customer service received. Following my phone call during which I closed my account and the customer service person assured me the balance was zero, I received a letter from NY&CO stating that I have a $28.06 balance and I’ll continue receiving monthly payments until balance will be paid in full. Also, the letter states the 4 main credit bureaus will be updated in regards to “my so-called balance”. I tried calling without any luck. I have no words to express my disappointment and dissatisfaction with this company. I cannot bring my business to an insensitive company especially during the current hardship created by the Pandemic.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I was dissatisfied with the fabric of the Cheetah Yoga Top and attempted to return it. I read on the back of the receipt that I had 45 days to return the item. I later discovered that only 15 days were allowed when the item was returned back to me. Had I known that I only had 15 days, I would have returned it within 15 days. As I reviewed the back of the receipt it states: "Online Return Policy: If for any reason you are not satisfied with any item purchased, simply return it within 45 days of the order date to receive a refund at the net price (after and/or discounts). Other than defective items, all merchandise must be in its original conditional (unwashed, unworn, & price tickets attached)." I followed the instructions on the back of my receipt and NY&C refused to follow THEIR documented policy. This concludes my online shopping with New York and Company. I am very dissatisfied with this situation and deception.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I placed an order for "October girls" t-shirts awhile back and I have yet to receive them. The reviews show that this company is terrible, slow, never received item...and others are it's great, fast, efficient and "I will re-order again." Going through my info, I'm not finding a tracking # but I receive almost daily email offers. I guess there's still time to not completely slam them but the items sure haven't arrived yet so fingers crossed.

Original review: June 8, 2020

After placing my order, it took over the price matching period (7 days) to get delivered to my house (delay due to COVID-19?) so I they won't price match my items (now 50% off). So after the third automaton supervisor (I can't think for myself) who got why this is a problem but 'their policy is 7 days'. I hung up. Waste of time. Never buying from them again. This is why they are in bankruptcy. Not so sorry to see you go.

Original review: March 1, 2020

They promote City Cash to use later if you spend a certain amount within a time period. When it's time to redeem your reward they send bogus $15 city cash coupons with codes that are not valid. It's a scam to get you to spend money. The quality most items is poorly made. A pair of pants ripped first time wearing. I didn't notice right away because they were loose fitted design. So embarrassing to be @ work with ripped pants.

I tried to give them another chance but this company's products and customer service has gone downhill fast. I tried using a city cash reward yesterday and it says the city cash coupon is no longer valid but the exp date is 3/2/20. ANFMD the code was partially cut off on the bottom of the coupon. Also, I visited a store and changed my mind on purchasing several items I had because there were several sweaters on a $25 rack and I picked up one and was told by the cashier they were in the wrong place and they refused to honor the price so I left everything behind and left the store. I also spoke with the manager. She wasn't very helpful in the matter. Customer service is not of importance with this company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I have been a loyal NY&C customers for many years and have always loved their clothes. Although lately they have become borderline bizarre. My issue, however, is with the coupons. I get excited every time I get a coupon in the mail and can’t wait to use it. The last few times I have tried to use them I can’t because everything is already on sale. And I mean everything! If it’s not at a sale price and marked BOGO or some special offer. None of which can be applied with any coupon that I’ve tried using. This needs to be fixed. What is the point if sending out coupons at all or having special deals like “spend $100 get $50 off”. I have tried and tried to find items I can use in order to apply the special deal or coupon to no prevail. This is a huge flaw and extremely infuriating????

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I ordered five items from New York and Company online; on January 2, 2020, which was 10 days ago. I signed into my online account, to attempt to track my order, as I feel the package should have arrived by now. I was unable to track my package, as no tracking information was available. I called New York and Company, and spoke to someone about my items. I was informed that my package was delayed, and it could be up to five days before I received it. That would be a total of 15 days, that I’ve waited on a package. I asked could I cancel the order, and was informed that I could not cancel, since the package has been shipped.

I asked why do customers not receive notifications when their orders are delayed, as people often purchase things that they need for special occasions. The only response I got was “I’m sorry”. I wrote this post so that others would beware when shopping online at New York and Company. I’ve shopped with this company for years, and I must say the quality of service has really gone down!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

The manager at Polaris is very unwelcoming. I went for an interview and their behavior was tremendously rude. They are not helping. There are 2 people, Morgan and someone. They make faces. They interview on the basis of what I have no idea and they offered a low rated pay. I being masters in HR they treated me like garbage. Please do not go here for interview.

New York & Company Company Information