1.19/5

158 New York & Company Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Thanks for the crappy service and not posting my review New York and Co. You guys sent me a blouse filled with make up stains and didn’t approve my review because I thought the top was worn, way to go.

Original review: July 23, 2018

By far the worst experience ever. I received a $20 coupon via email and went to the Auburn Hills store same day to redeem the coupon. The clerk was unable to redeem the coupon and made a phone call to try and redeem manually. The person on the line informed the clerk that there was a glitch in the system and it would not be possible to redeem the coupon. I was told to come back in a couple of days. Okay. Well. I had ready selected $78 of merchandise, but you better believe I'll be thinking twice about spending another dollar at this god awful retailer. The coupon stated it is valid between June 25th and Sept 15th. You want me to drive up to the store and spend more money to redeem a coupon that should have been available to me to begin with?! I think NOT. To make it even better, I called the customer service line and they only assist with online purchases. NYC is a JOKE and I will not spent another penny at this crooked business! Shady!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I was a long time NY&C customer for many years, I have not shopped with your company in some time, and today my memory was refreshed as to why. I implore ALL of you to log on to the NY&C website and ATTEMPT to make a purchase. All of the advertised "doorbusters" will either be unavailable online, or when you add them to your cart they will have been removed when you go to check out. Most likely about half of everything else you have shopped for at regular price will be removed from your cart as well, even after going back and changing colors/sizes and you think you can successfully purchase an item - nope removed! Then as you check out attempt to use your NY&C credit card... hmm that won't work either. Well I guess it's time to get help from customer service via chat. How odd, after 25 minutes of explaining over chat your problems they can do nothing and advise you to now CALL customer service. OK.

Now after calling and being on hold, explain to the customer service rep your problems. They will explain to you that they have been overwhelmed with complaints and this is happening to EVERYONE! So now put in your order via item # like it's 1986. OH THANK GOODNESS... PROGRESS! Nope, now 3 more items are not available. Now say "I don't care!" Please get what's left of my order in before more gets removed!" Then you will hear "Ma'am, I'm so sorry, your NY&C card isn't working, this has been happening all weekend." So you call the number on the back of your card, but it's Sunday! No one is there to help you! Now go back to the NY&C site, make your purchase with another card - get NO REWARDS, then regret going through with your purchase for the rest of the day and vow NEVER TO SHOP WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

This is outrageous! Type in NY&C reviews into Google search. The first site has a 1 star rating for your company and pages & pages of stories like this! The year is 2018, and you are just a click away from another site that has better service, quicker delivery, and you can ACTUALLY MAKE PURCHASES! Among other things, your coupons and mailers are a sham. Just try and take one into a store and use one, I guarantee you will hear excuses and loopholes, but never a "thank you, you saved X$ today" no exclusions... Give me a break! Shopping should be a fun, enjoyable, relaxing experience. What your company has turned it into is a disgrace. If you are all not actively doing something right this minute, you should seriously be considering a change in career.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I visited your store 106 in River Oaks mall on 5/27/18 at approximately 11:45 a.m. and I must say I am completely appalled by the level of customer service I received or lack thereof. Apparently my mom thinks I'm smaller than I actually am so for Mother's Day she bought me some jeans a size 4 and in actuality I need a 6; being that I work in customer service/retail sales as a store manager/District leader it is really hard to find time to shop/return/exchange. So on today I had a little time before I began to celebrate the holiday, so I decided I would exchange the jeans for a size larger at the River Oaks store 106 location because it is 5 mins or less from my home. I went to the store and as I entered there was a lady standing at the front of the store folding some shirts or something. I approached the lady and said, "Hi. How ya doing" because she never said anything to me.

I began to explain to her that I had received these pants as a gift for Mother's Day and I needed to go up 1 size, the lady stated, "I don't know if we have these anymore" so she proceeded to walk to a table at the front to see if they were still available. She then asked if I had a receipt and I told her no they were a gift for Mother's Day and I didn't want anything back. I just needed a larger size, the lady then states, "I don't know if they will take them back without a receipt because the return policy had changed." I asked her, "Not even if I just need a larger size?" She said, "You can take them to the counter and see." I then take the jeans to the counter and again explained that I would like to exchange the jeans for a larger size to a young lady who I assumed was the manager. She then asked me if I have a receipt. I state, "No."

She proceeded to ask if I had the card they were purchased on. I told her, "No. They were a gift for Mother's day and I just needed a larger size." She said without a receipt or the card they were purchased on that she couldn't do anything. I said, "Not even exchange for the same thing just a different size?" She said no. I asked her, "Was that the return policy?" and she stated yes. She stated that they had a new return policy. So after that I am a bit confused because again I have worked in retail for 19 years and I just couldn't believe the level of service at which I had been given. I ended up walking out of the store and I googled the return policy and it stated that returns without a receipt would be an issuance of a merchandise credit.

I never wanted a return. I just wanted an exchange, so that also makes me wonder a bit would the company prefer to issue a merchandise credit and lose money or just do an even exchange and keep the revenue? By this time I'm still a bit thrown off by the service received so I call the store in Chicago Ridge mall and simply asked, what's the company's return policy without a receipt? The young lady at Chicago Ridge mall stated that, "You can exchange the item for the exact same item for a different size." I said, "Oh because I'm here at River Oaks and they told me there was nothing I could do..." She asked me to hold and got back on the phone and said she just wanted to ask the manager to be sure but yes I could bring them over to the Chicago Ridge location and find the size I needed.

I was really grateful because I wanted to wear these jeans this day. After I hung up with the Chicago Ridge location I called store 107 in River Oaks Mall in Calumet City Illinois and asked if I could please have the name of the manager on duty, the person that answered the phone says, "Can I help you?" I said, "Yes. I would like the name of the manager on duty..." She said, "I can place you on hold and you can speak to her." I said, "That's fine..." She placed me on hold for 1 min and 17 seconds which was perfectly fine because they had a few people in the store when I left...

The young lady comes back to the phone and tells me the manager is busy. Would I like to leave a message? I say, "No. I would just like her name." She goes on to say, "Well let me see if I can help you." I said, "Yes you can. Can I please have the name of the manager on duty?" She said, "Can I help you..." I said, "Absolutely. may I please have your name?" The young lady went on to hang up the phone in my face.

So now, there are so Many different things wrong with this experience, it started from the entrance in the store when I was not greeted upon entering. With brick and mortars closing every day I find this experience highly unacceptable, from a customer service rep's level as well as from a consumer level. With all this being said I did attempt to exchange them at the Chicago Ridge location but they did not have the size so in actuality that was more time wasted but the experience there was a bit more pleasant.

So now I do still have the jeans that I wanted to wear this day but at this point I don't want them. My mother has the receipt and the card they were purchased on and happens to work in Chicago Ridge mall. I will have her RETURN them. I just assumed that because I was 5 mins away from the River Oaks location it would be much easier for me to exchange the size. My mother is a frequent shopper with the brand and so is my sister but I will be informing them and others of this very disturbing experience.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I called to make a payment and their machine was screwed up and kept hanging up on me so I had to call back the next day. They still want to give me a late fee and if they take it over the phone $9.00. They don’t have respect for their loyal customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New York and Company?

Original review: May 15, 2018

Well, I had given up on NY & Co. for many years until this past winter when I revisited their store. I got some pants that fit well in colors I could not find elsewhere. The sizing is incredibly inconsistent, however. I just went and picked up a pair of the same pants in a different color that I could not find in the winter. And I could barely pull them up! I did find a nice pair of walking shorts in the stretch blend that I can't find anywhere else, and they were on sale. But I'm still very much thinking of skipping this store again. Too bad one of their competitors, The Limited, is closed.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for several years, as I really like their pants. However I recently purchased a pair that literally started ripping at the seams within a couple of washes. They refused to replace the pants even though I explained I would be happy with an exchange of their pants for the same kind, I didn't want my money back. These pants normally run for $45 or so and to me they only expect them to last 60-90, and if they don't you are out of luck. Luckily I only spent $15 while they were on sale. I cannot imagine if I had spent more money on something else and they said too bad. Just be aware when you purchase clothing. They will do nothing for you if it is over 2-3 months, even though you still have receipt and pictures, etc.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have been a loyal NY&C shopper for years. I have their credit card also. I attempted to place an order online and it would not process, after several days attempting and many phone calls to customer service, a supervisor finally informed me that, I was no longer able to make purchases online, but was “welcome to shop at a store.” I questioned the reason and was told if you ever disputed a charge with your credit card company you can no longer make purchases online.

This stems from a September 2017 2 day ship order I placed that never came. After speaking with NY&C customer service several days and UPS, I was given the, "We are investigating," by NY&C and UPS flat out said the package arrived at the local site, but was lost, could not be found, and I needed to file a claim with the sending company (NY&C). After waiting way past the delivery date and getting the runaround from NY&C, I file a dispute with my credit card company. My funds were returned.

NY&C’s supervisor tells me it was still being investigated when, I filed my dispute and it could take up to 30-60 days. Yeah, right hold my money hostage for 30 Plus days, not deliver as promised, and suspend my ability to order online. There are too many other options, I can take my business elsewhere. Maybe that’s why every year multiple NY&C stores are being closed, someone missed customer service 101.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I was placing an order online and went to check out using my coupon. The coupon was declined. I chatted with one of their online agents who stated the coupon was turned off due to the overwhelming orders, even though the expiration hadn't expired. Poor Customer Service. No order from me. I'm going to email Gabrielle Union and let her know that she is advertising for a company that has false advertisement.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I used to shop at NY and Co all the time, and then quit out of frustration. The company has a habit of displaying clothes in the catalog and online that are not even available. It is extremely frustrating. However, there was a skirt that I fell in love with, so I decided I would go ahead and look to see if I could find it. GUESS WHAT... It is displayed in a new catalog they sent out and on the main page when you go to the site. However, the skirt is not available. I even took the time to call the online orders person and they could not find it either, and had no idea when it would become available. This might be acceptable if this was the first time, but honestly I have experienced this same phenomenon quite a few times. While they do have some very cute clothes, It just such a waste of time to even bother with them if they are not even available for purchase.

Original review: April 20, 2018

It started in December when I wanted to order some scarves online for my family that came out to visit me in Texas. When I finally tried to check out, there was an error that I cannot order these items. So I called the customer service line and they tried to order for me and it wouldn't go through. I reached out to my NY&CO card CS and they didn't see any problems with the card. So I just gave up.

Then in January I saw a cute item I wanted online and tried to order again and it was the same thing. Called customer service for my card, everything was fine, called the NY & Company service line, and sent an email to corporate. For some reason they suspended my online account and can only make purchases in store. They didn't give me a reason as to why they suspended my account, and busy a busy single mother I don't have time to go to the store to go shopping. I am so disappointed in NY and company just with the fact they didn't notify me of the suspension or even gave me any details as to why??

Original review: April 2, 2018

They supply a return label but don’t tell you they charge you for the postage. Literally, there is NOWHERE that you are told there is a fee to return using a prepaid label! Customer Service apologized but said there is nothing they can do. She actually seemed embarrassed! Will no longer shop at this store! One thing I can’t stand is a company using deceptive practices. Another long-time customer lost! Too bad as the quality of the items I purchased is top-notch! NY&Co., what happens to quality customer service. You did not used to be like this. In the age of Amazon, this is not. Good luck!???‍♀️

Original review: March 24, 2018

The NY&CO in Cherry Hill mall is fraudulent. They mailed me a 10.00 use as cash no exclusions coupon reward. I went to use it on my purchase today and the cashier said I can't use it because my items are on sale. I said the coupon says no exclusions, plus the whole store is 40% off. She said yes that is why I cannot use it at all. I told her the coupon says no exclusions and that when will the entire store not be 40% off and she said not for a while and when I asked for a manager there was none there.

I said, "Well I just received this coupon a few days ago and it expires in a few weeks" and she could not provide a date I would be able to use it nor how it can be used since most everything is on sale all the time and it can't be used on sale items. Do me a favor NYCO, don't print out no exclusions on coupons because it is a lie. I will not shop here ever again because it's the same with their City Cash. It says no exclusions but you cant use it on anything either. Stop wasting my time. I spend hundreds of dollars on my City credit card and do not get any usable coupons. I will shop at a store that appreciates its customers by providing real coupons.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I was asked if I wanted a "Rewards" card and the cashier opened up a credit card. I asked her THREE time if this was a credit card that I was giving her my information for and EVERY time she told me NO that it was just a rewards card! I DID NOT WANT a credit card. I have contacted the store manager SEVERAL times, I wrote a letter to their corporate office in New York and nobody seems to care! If I make a mistake at work, it is MY responsibility to fix it. I cannot believe this cashier opened up a credit card in my name knowing I did NOT WANT ONE!

Original review: March 3, 2018

I placed an order today 3/2/2018 online with New York and company, after reviewing my order I noticed that the jacket was now 70$ off of the price I paid $89.00. I had the worst time speaking to both a customer service rep, and the supervisor... At no time did they even try to figure out what happened. I stated if they couldn't help me then I would cancel my order, I was told I couldn't cancel my order, I then stated I would speak to my bank and disputed the charges if they couldn't help me. I was told by the supervisor if I disputed the charges I would not be able to come back to their online catalog again. I stated then so be it, if that's the way they treat long time customers then I won't purchase anything from them. It was an awful experience. I've never had to argue with someone regarding an order. Clearly both the CSR, and the supervisor doesn't care about losing an customer.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I had used my rewards to place an online order. I took the time to register and update my address, etc. Click and submitted my order... Boom! A message pops up saying that, "This order and size is not available". I thought this is crazy. It never said that there was limited styles and sizes when I was shopping. I again went and placed my order and my rewards were not valid. I had to take an extra 30 minutes to call customer service to have them tell me that they can place the order for my items, but I will have to pay for the items with my credit card and my rewards will be reissued (up to 8 weeks) and credited to my card. I said, "No, thank you" and told them to reissue my rewards and I will place a new order after I receive them. Not too happy with how this issue was handled!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I ordered almost $300 in merchandise almost a month before vacation and it almost took that long to arrive coming from Virginia and I'm in Ohio. That is the best part of my experience!!! I returned a $90 dress, DID everything right... never wore it, packaged properly with the paperwork and return UPS return label provided. 2 weeks later, still no return, tracking says it's in Va... long story short called 14 times in 3 weeks, finally was told that I would receive a refund... just got an email telling me, they will not refund my money because even though it shows I returned it, they lost the package... wtf.

When I called back the supervisor said "I'm sorry. I know you did everything right and we are dead wrong but there is nothing I can do. That's the way they make us handle it." Crazy right... I ask for corporate and he tells me they don't allow them to give us (the public) corporate's info because they know how they screw people!! Outraged is an understatement! I've been flat out robbed!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I have been shopping at NY & Company both online and in-stores since 2010. I have consistently found online to offer a better selection, in sizes, styles and workmanship. I remain the same XS size since 2010 and their clothes fit great for work. I always receive many compliments when wearing a NY & Company dress! As for styles, it is honestly so hit or miss. At times, there are many professional, polished dresses that I want and then I can go many months where I feel everything is so cheap and flimsy looking.

There is always a sale online, so everything I purchase is never at full price. I do find that, unfortunately, the numerous coupons I receive in the mail have too many restrictions and will mostly go unused. When it comes to ordering online, I have never been sent the wrong size or wrong product, so I am unable to comment on their return policy or process (thank God!). I do have the RunwayRewards card and feel the rewards program could be vastly improved. I also wished they had an online option of shipping to a local store, as many of the online items are not eligible for in-store pick-up.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I had the worst experience I have ever had in a store (and I used to work in them back in the day) last Sunday and I will never EVER shop here again. I purchased an outfit for my mother in the days leading up to Christmas. I used gift cards that I received from my employer. One ran out so the cashier discarded it, and I put the remainder on another one. Fast forward to after Christmas. My mother died suddenly. She left very little life insurance so we had to pay the funeral expenses out of pocket, so our money was tight. Going through her belongings, I found the outfit with the tags still on it still in the gift bag. My sisters urged me to return it. I kept putting it off but finally decided to get it over with.

At first the cashiers told me I had to take a store credit because I didn't have the receipt. I was willing to do that at that time. But when I mentioned I still had the gift card, they said they could retrieve it which they did. The cashier told me that I had actually used TWO gift cards. I said that was a problem because I didn't have the one that ran out, it was throw away. She said it was no problem. I assumed she put the whole balance on the gift card still in my possession. I left the mall and went to another shopping center to buy ink for my printer which I desperately needed, but had been putting off, figuring I would use the money from the return to offset the cost.

However, when I was ringing up the cashier told me I only had a few dollars on the gift card. Then I looked at the receipt for NY& Co and saw that the cashier had credited both gift cards. How was I supposed to use a credit on a card that I no longer had? I returned to the mall to straighten out the matter. A woman identifying herself as the store manager came to help me.

Long story short, she became rude and confrontational immediately. She said that NY & Company doesn't give credits on gift cards. She behaved as if I had done something wrong, when meanwhile the cashier had made the mistake. She then scolded me for not having the receipt and said I'm only supposed to receive a store credit. I told her my mother died suddenly, the clothes were for her, and I wasn't anticipating ever returning them when I made the purchase. She was all, "Well, I'm sorry, but that's not our problem. NY & Company's policy is without the receipt you get a store credit or if you have the receipt you get the same method of payment. You don't have the receipt and the method of payment is a gift card and we don't credit gift cards so you get a store credit."

I was upset because I had just spent money on the ink thinking I had the refund. I said I didn't want a store credit. She was all like, "Well, that's what you're getting." I asked to speak to the store manager and with a big smirk she said, "I'M the store manager!" I told her I wanted to speak to her boss. She became very flustered and said the woman's name was Stacy but she was not giving me her contact information and I could just get it off the website.

Meanwhile, I had been trying to keep my voice down because I didn't want a scene or to attract attention. She was raising HER voice and everyone in the store was staring at me. I couldn't take anymore of this, so I picked up the receipt from the counter and walked out before I burst into tears. This woman was already clearly getting off from this. Did I mention that the transaction was for 26.80? As I walked out of the store, she screeched, "Ma'am, don't you want your money?" So that everyone in the store turned around and watched me leave. I am never shopping there again. I was a loyal customer (as was my mother)! and stopped there every time I went to the mall. I was a Rewards customer and had a credit card with them. I will never spend another penny there again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I returned an item I bought online which cost 29.99 before tax and shipping. The total I paid was 40.01. I only get a credit of 25.49, which is crazy. I was told by a customer service representative I was charged for shipping the item back. That's crazy, who does that. I paid shipping two times. I don't agree with that. I will not be purchasing any more from New York and Company.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Please don’t get this card. I have been a cardholder for 3 years. I have paid all my balances off every month and have never gone over my limit. Recently I received a notice from the credit bureaus that the credit limit on my NYC card had decreased. I called customer care and they could not offer me any information other than they reviewed my credit report in June 2017 and on Jan 11, 2018 decided to reduce my limit to $100. I have excellent credit scores. They still have not been able to explain their decision. They are not worth the hassle!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I love this clothing store; I have not complaints, however the credit card is a joke regarding the rewards program. NY & C always have some promo or huge sale and the rewards are NEVER valid! I recently received a $40 off coupon, with no restrictions, well guess what, was not able to use it!!! When you call customer service, they basically can do nothing nor can a supervisor. I got the CC mainly for the "rewards," I will not ever use this cc again, it will eventually cancel itself out!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

On October 26, 2017, I went to return an item to the store, which was the amount of 15 dollars, in which I chose a blouse that the price was $49.95, but that day there was a New York promotion that the blouse came out With the 30% discount at $35 minus the $15 on my return, I paid by paying $20 with the New York & Company card. The statement tells me otherwise. They recharged the 35 dollars and they never gave me the refund discount, I have the proof of receipt. It was only those 2 transactions that were made that day.

Seeing this I started to check the previous transactions and found many anomalies. On August 8, 2017 I found another transaction of the return and they recharged me the same amount that same day, but that same day I bought a blouse no more and it cost that amount but I used my rewards that I only ended up paying $10.12 and the store I charge the card the full price, I also have the receipt. We have to be careful because we buy and buy and trust the transactions they make but we do not check the balance sheets with the transactions, we keep all our receipts.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I WOULD GIVE A ZERO OUT OF FIVE IF I COULD!!! I was offered to apply a credit card in one of their stores and they said they would give a 15% discount on my first purchase. Obviously, like any new customer I was attracted to the offer and applied for the card and was approved instantly, but I was told that card would be mailed to me. I offered to pay off the amount that I used from the credit card on the SAME DAY but I was not allowed to do it!

Later, I got busy with work and life. I moved several times in 2 months and couldn't receive the card. I couldn't access my account without the card and their software is so messed up. The customer care representatives were so dumb and rude. I called their customer when I was in India and asked them to change my payment date so that I can come back to USA and pay it. But the dumb stupid representative did not record the change of payment and now the customer representative says she cannot do anything about it. I'm very unsatisfied with their credit card system and their rude service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I've been a longtime customer with NY & Co. for over 20 years. I shopped both in-store and online with more online in my more recent years. We all know that they have different sales daily and therefore have or used to have a price adjustment policy. I just recently purchased 34 items online and the very next day, all 34 items went on sale. I requested to get a price adjustment through their live chat and the online CS representative said that they no longer do that. She said that I have to repurchase each item and return the higher price item in-store when I receive them. Yes, I can do that, but how inconvenient is that? Yet, the stores will still honor price adjustments within 14 days.

I've received a price adjustment before by just calling their 800 number for an online order and now, they will no longer do that because according to their rep, "We run different sales every day, that is why we will not honor to price match. The item maybe even cheaper tomorrow." That is the case at any stores. Items are may be higher or cheaper on any given day or week. That is why price adjustments exist. Why have one policy in-store and a different one online?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Returned damaged sunglasses to me and did not credit my account. I called immediately as soon I received defective glasses. Told I had to pay for return postage. Instead I used a return label from another NY & Co. purchase. To show their level of nastiness they returned the defective glasses back to me in a tattered box. I have spend hundred of dollars at NY & Company, but because of their defective product and disrespectful customer service, it no longer matters to me what they sell, because NY & Company has shown they are not worthy of me as a loyal customer. I was shopping at Lerner's when I was a teen. NY & Company has lost a customer for life. No way to try on glasses because of damaged frame.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

BEWARE: I put three things in my cart and was charged for multiple additional things. I called customer service, which was more than a 10 minute hold time to be told that I had surpassed my 10 minute online cancellation period. I now have to wait until all my many items are shipped and then return it all the store which the closest one is 30+ minutes away. The customer service was embarrassing for such an established store. I will never order anything else online.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I’m an extremely loyal long time customer of NYCO for decades and also Runway rewards premium member. But I don’t think they will get my business anymore with the kind of ridiculous customer service I’ve been getting over the phone and also obnoxious manager I encountered at NYCO store in Harlem Irving Plaza (HIP) mall of Chicago. This is 6th time in a single year that my online order has been canceled out of unavailability. After taking the pain of browsing through the website and placing an order and an order # being generated, my order got canceled for 6th time saying “out of stock”. NYCO works on the business model of changing their prices every single day and sometimes few times a day but they don’t update their inventory only to disappoint customers.

I’ve seen other reviews here mentioning same disappointment about not being able to order. In my case, it’s even worse. I received 6 cancellations in an year after my order going through. Customer service over the phone is even worse and if you shop at HIP, Chicago then keep in mind the store manager who is extremely rude and ridiculous and behaves like she’s doing charity or some kind of favor and always talks with a tinge of sarcasm. HIP is the only closest store and even that is 30+min drive so I mostly shop online. The few times I went, the store manager came across really rude than her other staff when I went to pick up my online order. I much rather take my business elsewhere to other stores where I get quality goods and treated with respect than stick with NYCO anymore.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I was shopping at Cross County Mall Yonkers NY seeking Black boots. I had shopped online for the past 6 years and decided to do "face-to-face" retailing. I entered shop early afternoon today. Establishment was quite empty. I was not greeted, by retailers. I asked for black boots which I wanted to purchase. I was directed via finger, by what appeared to be a manager to look under shelves on floor where boots were located. After a few minutes of bending, I told an associate, I recently had surgery; difficult to bend. She said, "oh I can help you with that." She proceeded to find my size and bring me to the dressing-room where I could sit to try boots on.

The boots were over-knee styled, there were over 30 pieces of small tissue stuffed in the boot. As she fiddled with hangers, I was struggling with removing tissue, so I could try boots on. I was appalled as she knew I was struggling, and did not offer assistance. There was still a multitude of tissue stuffed in the boot, I was now frustrated, and said to her, "this is impossible" she said, " I know, they do put a lot of tissue in them boots.' I left the store totally disheartened, reminding myself why I shop at home.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Been a customer since late 80's never problem with quality, last April purchased 2 pair of jeans and they've shredded. Called customer service 4x and emailed too everyone says they don't handle. BV/Westlake Mall team is the worst also, but now I might know why because the company has bad customer service and doesn't offer help or solutions.

New York & Company Company Information