2. Shopping

New York & Company

3.9/5 (265 ratings)

About New York & Company

New York & Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New York & Company?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about New York and Company?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Terrible customer service!! They should be called Fraud Company and not NY and Company. I won't get my refund after returning my items. They said they can only offer 30%. I rejected their 30% offer as it wouldn’t help me at all. Shoppers beware of this fraudsters. I was on call with customer service explaining my issue. Owing to the ongoing pandemic I cannot lose any money…They wouldn’t bother to listen. All she said repeatedly “I apologize you are unhappy with our service, we aren't allowed to refund more than 30% of the money”. Fabric quality is pathetic, the colors are so different from how those are projected online. Fitting is worse. Overall it was very disappointing experience!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I made a purchase from New York & Co online and returned part of the order. It's now been 90 days, and I still have not received my money back. It took 3 emails, 8 days and a threat to go to the Better Business Bureau before I got a single response from customer service. The rep simply told me to wait longer for the refund. It never came, so I emailed again. Days later, the company responded and claimed they'd refunded the amount owed me. However, there is no refund in my account. My bank investigated and confirmed no record of this refund. When I reported the bank's investigation back to New York & Co., I got a templated reply that did not actually address the missing refund. Now I'm out the money AND the time it's taken over 3 months to deal with frustrating customer service reps. I will never be a customer of New York & Co. again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I sent my return back 2 days past the 45 day return policy and it was rejected. Merchandise is "being shipped back to me". My return was based on the order date not the date it was received (which took 10 days for me to receive). The supervisor would not make any exceptions during a national pandemic. People are sick and cannot abide by company rules, and now I have to pay for the merchandise that is not the quality it once was and way too big on me.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I did some online shopping at New York and Company. I purchased 13 dresses, 5 were the same in different colors. After wearing the first dress, I washed it and it shrunk and the seam started to come apart so now I have 13 dresses that I can't wear. This was my first time shopping at New York and Company and it's my last time.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Customer service experience is a nightmare, there’s always a language barrier with the agent and during both experiences the agent was unable to resolve the issue. I’ve called twice for the same issue and no matter what time a manager is never available. I’m no longer doing business with New York and Company.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I did order a beautiful dress, but unfortunately was extremely long for me! I returned it, just to find out that NY&Co returned just a fraction from what I paid! Somehow they charged me three times shipping & handling! Seriously! Called the customer service… very unhelpful!!! Bad, bad customer service! Stealing money from people who trusted you… way to go NY&Co!!!

Original review: June 22, 2021

I ordered a pair of boot cut yoga pants online. They said in the description size was true to fit. I ordered my size and they were way too large and too long. In their ad they said free returns, so I returned them. They cost 10.54 were never worn and returned the same day I received them. It took 4 weeks to get only 3.67 back. They kept 7 and I have nothing to show but a bad experience. I will never shop with them again.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I placed quite a large order in May 2021 and had to return four items due to a sizing issue. I returned them on June 1st, they were received on June 3rd. It is June 21st and I have yet to see a refund. I just called customer service and he said it would be another seven to nine days for a refund and that is him expediting it! I should have seen a refund already, now I have to wait basically a month! I am so angry and will never ever order from this company again which stinks cause their clothes fit me so well. I am so disappointed. Awful return process. If you order from them make sure you LOVE what you get.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I paid extra for expedited shipping but they waited 5 days before they even bothered to create a shipping label and ship my online order. You are mislead to believe that if you paid extra to do 3, 2, or 1 day delivery the order will arrive within those time frames like other online retailers but nope, that's not the case with them. The order will sit in a warehouse hopper until someone decides to pick it and it could be days after placing your order before that even happens. They don't have a problem charging your credit card right away though. Do NOT trust them to get your order out in a timely manner. They have zero sense urgency to get online orders shipped.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I would not recommend this service! I have tried to cancel my subscription twice only to be charged again. I was also given information on how to keep a garment, but I was then charged triple what the cost of the garment was originally. Worst customer service ever.

New York & Company Company Information