New York & Company

New York & Company

1.5/5 (57 ratings)

About New York & Company

New York & Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New York & Company?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about New York and Company?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Customer service and company policy tanked during pandemic. You can no longer return in store (assuming you could find one left open) and policy is now that you must return within 45 days of ORDER date, not ship date. Applies to back orders and late shipments alike. So company waits 3 weeks or more to ship your item and you are penalized because of their poor service. I will not be shopping with this company again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I placed an order 3 weeks ago and when I check the website it continues to say processing and I was fully charged. I emailed customer service 2x and no response. I chatted with customer service and they explained that the company is moving to a new shipping-distribution center and therefore orders have been delayed. I asked the customer rep if he knew when my order would be shipped and he said he had no idea. I asked for my order to be cancelled and he said he could not do that for me until my order ships. I purchased those items for gifts. I asked if there anything they can do. I was told there nothing that they can do.

Unbelievably bad customer service. This is unacceptable.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I placed an order two weeks ago and when I check the website it continues to say processing and I was fully charged. I emailed customer service 2x and no response. I called customer service and they explained that the company is moving to a new shipping-distribution center and therefore orders have been delayed. I asked the customer rep if he knew when my order would be shipped and he said he had no idea. I asked for my order to be cancelled and he said he could not do that for me until my order ships! Unbelievable! This is unacceptable.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Still waiting on my refund from them and still waiting on my order… No reliable information when you call the company… A guy named Tripp was speaking to me and first said that they received my order I returned, not all of a sudden they will let me know when they receive it… I am going to dispute this… then asked about the other order and he could not tell me when it would be shipped… At some point he started ignoring me on the phone, so I had to hang up… Never ever… New York and Company never again…

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I used to really like shopping in the NY&CO stores and was sad to see them close. So, against my better judgment, I ordered some clothing items from the online store. I was dissatisfied with the quality. Everything looked cheap and flimsy, so I contacted customer service via email to initiate a return. In the beginning, the company was responsive, and I promptly returned the items. Well, it has been over a month since I returned the items. I have yet to receive a refund or response to my follow-up emails! I have been sending follow-up emails almost daily to no avail! The 800 number listed in the signature of the initial email reply I received a month ago is no longer in service! Additionally, the phone number listed for them on my credit card statement does not work either! I am furious and want my money! Do NOT order anything from this company or you will get scammed!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Unfortunately I placed an order online with this company before reading the reviews. I placed my order 9 days ago and it is still in the processing phase. I contacted the company to cancel the order since there has been no movement in the processing phase and I am in need of several dresses right away. The customer service representative could only repeat what I already know in regard to my order through looking the information up online myself. I attempted to cancel my order per the online sites own policy and was told that the order could not be canceled although their website clearly states that it can be cancelled as long as the order has not been fulfilled or shipped out.

I did not pay by credit card but by Paypal, and anyone using this form of payment knows that they only release the money once an order has been completed by the company and shipped out to the consumer. The customer service representative lied about the policy even as I read the policy to her verbatim from the company website while I was on the telephone with her. She also pretended to get a supervisor that somehow never came on the line to speak with me.

What this company is doing is tantamount to STEALING when the company policy allows for cancellation when an order is still in the processing phase. PEOPLE BEWARE AND DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! If you receive your order I will be surprised. I will wait the month out and then contact paypal to have my money returned to me. The parent company is Saadia and I plan on making sure that I never place another order through a company that is owned by them!!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Ordered product July 23rd. Still no product. Still no product. Called several times for an update. Customer service is reading from a script. Called today to cancel order. I was told they were unable. Asked for a supervisor. Was told not available.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

I placed an order & received email confirmation. Still says processing 10+ days later. I have contacted them 5 times; twice to correct missing apt # which they refuse to do (others having same problem), other times to cancel my order. Nothing. My advice: call your bank and do a chargeback. Don’t wait for NY & CO to initiate a refund.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I placed an order on 7/19 that has yet to be shipped or received. I have tried repeatedly to get the status of said order to no avail. I've called, texted, emailed and nothing! It's like the company just packed up like a thief in the night and disappeared..with my money! I don't know how to proceed from here in canceling this order and/or getting my money back! Is this against the law? If not, it should be.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I ordered a bunch of clothing on sale and had them ship it to me. The 1st shipment, as soon as it was delivered (on 7/2/22), the package went missing. They used FedEx. FedEx claimed that they sent it to the wrong address. When I looked at the order again, NY & Co left out my apartment number. I think either a) FedEx left it in an unsecured location (which they have in the past) and someone took it or b) it was never delivered (happened a couple times at my apt bldg). I contacted NY & Co that very day. They said wait 4 - 5 business days - it "may" show up, even though I told the circumstances. Lo and behold, I waited 5 days and followed up with them (via email) to let them know it never showed up). NY & Co never responded.

Since then, I followed up w/emails. NO RESPONSE. So, on 7/20, I called and waited an HOUR to speak to a customer service rep. She said that they will submit an investigation (why didn't they do that when I told them it went missing?!) and that it will take ANOTHER 7 - 10 business day to "complete" the "investigation". Absurd. So it will be approximately 1 month before I get a refund! The 2nd package arrived with no problem, but I didn't like the clothes - they were cheap looking, so I returned everything. For THAT refund, it will take 7 - 10 business days. Their clothes and slow processes are not worth it! Shop elsewhere where they can handle volume and expedite issues in a timely fashion.

New York & Company Company Information