New York & Company
1.51/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

New York & Company

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

New York & Company Reviews

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Worst decision I've ever made. I have good credit but it doesn't matter to them. High interests rates and they refuse to lower them. Horrible useless customer service. I'm never late and always pay more than min yet once I was late due to unforeseen circumstances and they charges me over $50 in late and finance fees.

DO NOT GET THIS CREDIT CARD.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I purchased a pair of audrey pants ****(tan) size **. I came to the outlet in the Bergen Mall where I always purchase to exchange for the same pants in size *. Unfortunately I do not have the receipt. Because I do not have the receipt, I was told I would be given the lowest selling price. I was offered a $*.** credit. This is ridiculous because the pants are currently being sold for a higher price. I have been a faithful customer since it was Lerners over ** years. I do not understand what is happening now. This is not the first time I have encountered problems with exchanges at NY&CO. The two previous times I have just gave the items as gifts. But no more. I would like to receive the exact same pants in a size *. Moving forward, I will rethink making any more purchases at NY&CO.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I love shopping at New York and Company online and in store. They have lots of colors and styles to choose from and it makes shopping enjoyable but recently I have something important happen that I want to share. I purchased three pairs of Signature Fit/Average Straight leg pants size 10. I washed them all at the same time. They are now all three different lengths. Length 31, Length 32 and length 29-1/2/ I don't know what else to say. I also ordered four other pairs online before I washed these three and now I am worried about what will happen with those e

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Great online service and delivery is quick. Some of the items are a little pricey, but just wait for a sale! They have lots and coupons! The return policy is awesome and so easy too, really an all around great experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Please do not purchase from this company. The merchandise does not wash well and falls apart. The shipping is a nightmare. The product will say delivered but is not. The customer service is horrible. They put you on hold multiple times, can't find your order number or tracking number. Your order is duplicated and you can't stop it even if you call immediately. I will not purchase from them ever again and I am trying to save anyone else from this as the ads are everywhere and they send you so much emails that you find yourself shopping when you know you should. I have stop the ads and stop email delivery and want to spare anyone else this horrible experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New York and Company?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

After ordering a dress a message popped up with a code to use for 50% off. By then it was too late. It's either on sale or it's not. I called customer service, customer service treated me like an unwanted customer and then suggested I send it back and reorder. I needed it for a wedding the following weekend. I have been a customer for over 20 years. I wouldn't even mention this if it was an isolated incident. It was just the one to put me over the top.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Horrible horrible! Do not obtain a credit card from them. They charge ridiculous fees etc. Worst credit card experience of my life! Initially got the card as a way to build credit. Boy, oh boy was I mistaken!!! All I can say is either pay cash, but never credit! Good Luck NYCO!!! I praise gawd I’m done with you guys!!! With all those fees I do hope the nasty reps are getting a good salary out there in Ohio????

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I ordered 10 items online and paid $9.99 to have it 2nd day delivered as I was going to be out of town in three days. The order showed up late while I was in CA and I had to have a friend pick it up. When I tried on the clothes I was disappointed with the quality and fit. This is the first and only time I have bought clothes here. I kept one pair of pants as I was going to have to pay for shipping to return them. The other 9 items had been sent together so I paid the $6.95 shipping fee. It has now been over 2 months since sending back my return and they have not refunded 2 of my items, $60 total.

First they said they were sending them to the stores they came from and I would have to wait for those stores to get the items. I just called again, 30 days after the last call, and now they said the items were not in the bag returned. I will NEVER shop from this store again and I will continue calling until they refund those 2 items. It's unbelievable. They are trying to say the items were not in the returned bag!!! And they did not refund the $9.99 shipping fee after the order was delivered late.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I have shopped at NY&CO for decades. I had a terrible experience in the late 2000's and stopped shopping with them for quite a few years. Well, over the last three years I started shopping with them again and even though the majority of their products are poor quality and do not fit well, I'd somehow find a gem in every order that made it worth coming back. I recently sent a return back through the mail with a request to exchange one shirt and I never received the exchange. When I inquired about it they said I never sent the shirt back, which I did. Then on a different mail return they sent me the product back and said I was past the 45 day window (which I wouldn't have been had it not taken them over two weeks to process my return)! So stuck with a product I can't wear. And the straw that broke the camel's back happened this past week.

I had a pair of pants I needed to exchange and decided to go into the store to do it due to the previous issues I had when returning stuff through the mail. When I went into the store I wasn't greeted and the girl who came to the registers seemed annoyed. I didn't have the receipt for the item but I had the email confirmation and she acted as though that wasn't sufficient and that she needed my NY&Co credit card which I didn't have on me. She talked to me as if I was a five year old just learning English. She was then annoyed that she had to call to get my credit card information. Once she looked it up she let me know I was past the 45 days and there was nothing she could do. I was shocked because she didn't even try to help me or save the sale. She gave literally no ** whatsoever about what my needs were.

I was surprised, irritated, and asked to speak to someone who could help me and she said there was no one there who could help me because their return policy is a strict 45 days and if I don't like it to file a complaint with the company. Well guess what, I don't like it and here I am. I will NEVER shop with this establishment again. I have already canceled my credit card which I have spent thousands of dollars on to support this organization. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have experienced discrepancies with my Online orders with NY&C for over a year. The first tjme I paid for the dress in a store and was told that I could go to another store and pick the dress up, WELL that was a problem. The store didn’t understand how I could pay at another store and pick the dress up at a store that had the dress in stock. After dealing with the store and calling Customer Service I was finally allowed to get the dress.

Fast forward to June, I went in a store to get 2 tops, a white one and a leopard. They didn’t have either top in my size. I was provided the item number for both tops by the clerk. I immediately called and placed an order for both the white and leopard tops using my credit card. A few days later I received two of the very same white top and not the leopard top. I called customer service and I returned the white top to the store and was given a credit. They were to send me another leopard top which I was charge for. Well for the next two or three days I received a leopard top every day. A total of three of the same leopard tops and I was charge for each.

After contacting customer service again I attempted to get this resolved. I was told to return two of the tops in the same packaging with the one return label and I would be credited. Well as of today I am still trying to get a credit for the two tops that I returned. They only want to give me credit for one. New York and Company need to really work on their online shipping process because it is nothing but a fiasco. And I will not place another order with them until they get it corrected.

New York & Company Company Information