New York & Company

1.0/5 (92 reviews)

Overall Rating1.0 out of 5

About New York & Company

New York & Company Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New York and Company?
Original review: May 27, 2023

I used to order online for years and no issues and but not sure what's going on. I returned couple of items that were sent back and received March 21st and now is almost June and still waiting for my refund. I reached out to them last month and he said it's late because they are having warehouse technical issues. That's definitely not my problem, they need to refund me my money asap.

Original review: May 18, 2023

My purchase from New York & Company was returned and received on May 2, 2023. As of today, May 18, my refund has not been received. After speaking with customer service, I know nothing more about when to expect my refund than before I spoke with them. E-commerce is loosely regulated and crooks like New York & Company take full advantage of the lack of regulation.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2023

I use to shop in NY&C all time but now; refund took too long to receive. Called for over a month and a half. The items seem more outdated than when they were at store and cost more. Have you seen all the online stores that are offering more for your money and appealing. The online store is a bust...

Original review: May 17, 2023

I returned items and was told they were received on 4/19/23 and it would take 15 days to process the refund. So far no return has been done. Called again today 5/17/23 and it has not even been started! Very poor customer service. Beginning to wonder if I will see a refund at all.

Original review: May 17, 2023

I used to order from New York and Company in the past and have always had a wonderful experience. Recently had a terrible experience. Attempted to order through website, received "AVS" error message. Attempt to go in again to place order, my card declined. Apparently, they took the funds from my account but no order was placed. I called to talk to representative. Said they were not able to release my money since no order was placed. Representative suggested I contact my bank. Called bank, they told me it is nothing they can do until transaction is completed then I could file a dispute. Called NY&Co again, nothing they could do. I needed these items for vacation and wanted to get them at the sale prices. No supervisor available. Told the billing department would contact me. Never happened.

Sucked it up and called to place same order. Customer service representative told if the items were no longer on sale, they would not be able to adjust price until the items have been shipped! Luckily, all items were still on sale. Asked if they would be willing to at least give me free standard shipping for the inconvenience. Was told no. Not until I started to tell the representative about the lack of customer service and support she then proceeded to tell me she could take $10 off my order to make up for shipping. Why she gave me such a hassle about free shipping to begin with is beyond me. Was told that standard shipping is actually 5- 7 business days (not 3-5 like the website says!).

Asked what economy shipping is then. Rep told me 7-10 business days! Asked to speak to a manager regarding the downturn in customer service. Was questioned as to why I wanted to speak to one. Advised, so I may mention the customer experience. Placed on hold as I was the previous day only for the representative to come back and tell me one is not available but could call me back in 24 hours. I laughed and said, "No thanks." I really hope I do not have to return any of the items I ordered, as I am predicting more headache. I pray they can return to the stellar company they once were.

Original review: May 16, 2023

I returned some clothes that did not fit within the return policy timeframe. My tracking shows they received the clothing items on 4/25/2023, but I still haven't received my refund. I emailed them to check the status of my return and a customer service representative said because they use the same warehouse for shipping and returns, it takes a little longer to receive a refund. No, that's **. It's now 5/16/2023 and still no refund to my bank account. DO NOT buy from this company. They used to be a reputable business, but now they're just thieves. Buyers beware!!!

Original review: May 13, 2023

My return entered their warehouse on 4/4/23. I have yet to receive a refund. I waste my time with weekly calls and emails only to get bogus apologies and no update on when I will receive my full refund. Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: May 12, 2023

They charge you for no reason! They try and take your money and just so you notice it and claim it they try their best to keep the money stolen because there was NO REASON. It’s ridiculous! DO BETTER!

Original review: May 9, 2023

Placed an order with them on 4/12/23, received the order and it wasn't what I ordered. Returned both items and they received the items on 4/18/23. As of today 5/9/23 I still haven't received my refund, and after several calls and emails, since I paid through PayPal I filed a claim with them on 5/4/23. Lo and behold they haven't responded to them yet either, and guess what, I go to sign into my account and now my account doesn't exist.

Original review: May 8, 2023

I returned my items 4/1/2023. I was told by their customer service they reached the warehouse on 4/13/2023. It is 5/8/2023 and I am yet to receive a refund. They can’t provide me with an ETA. Ridiculous!

New York & Company Company Information