1.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

623 HSN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 27, 2016

I ordered a few items from HSN as I am a valued customers, and it was denied, so I called customer service and I was told that my account was blocked because my downstairs neighbor account was not being paid. I asked what does my neighbor's account have to do with mine, and I was told that the whole address was flagged and no one with the same address can order anything from HSN until my neighbor pays the bill. Holding a whole building responsible for 1 tenant's financial responsibility is ridiculous. HSN must not value their customers and must not want to make money. What a ridiculous practice. My account is in good standing but I will never order from HSN again.

Original review: July 16, 2016

As soon as my bill is paid off, I'm closing my acct with them. I recently purchased a Chromebook for my husband, it was listed as a "special buy". I then come across it at another retailer, to find they had it on sale for $100.00 less! I went back to cancel, this was within 20 minutes of my order, only to see it say it was "processing" and I could not cancel. Well, ok $100.00. Lesson learned. Then I sent back an item to them, a sewing machine that cost $79.00. I sent it back because it did not have a light, that was the biggest thing.

I found a very nice Brother, that has a light and more features for $20 less! No brainer. It cost me $15 to send that thing back! They didn't offer me a discount on my cost of returning it. Big loss for me. Then it was sent 2 day shipping (thanks to my hb not paying attention, because it cost more in shipping) and 10 days later, my acct does not show it being returned or credited to my card. I had to go through chat to get them to correct the issue. I am paying it off as quickly as possible and wiping my hands of them!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 15, 2016

Unfortunately when ordering a product I gave HSN a regular used email. Since then I get 1 to 2 emails from them daily advertising stuff. Basically SPAM. I have gone through their system un-subscribing from all correspondence and have sent emails asking to be removed but nothing. BEWARE. Create a extra email that you don't care if you get lots of crap from companies like this because all they do is send SPAM.

Original review: July 14, 2016

After years of shopping with HSN using Flexpay I was denied and charged full price for a laptop after they cancelled my order. The reason they could not verify the company. I called my bank. They could not do anything because the purchase was still pending and it took 2 weeks to get the money back. They never even tried to verify through the merchant. Awful just awful. Never again. Goodbye HSN!!!

Original review: July 11, 2016

I purchased one item and paid via PayPal on my Visa card. I found that HSN had set up a recurring payment plan without my authorization. PayPal claims it was not on their end. HSN claims it was not on their end. And round and round we go!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: July 11, 2016

Late last night I ordered 2 containers of Choco Nuvo from Andrew Lessman through HSN via my telephone and my account with HSN! Today when I saw the delivery date was not until 7/29/2016 I tried to cancel them. I was told by the young lady in Customer Service that I cannot cancel any items at 12:01 Eastern Standard Time or later. My reply was I did NOT even get 24 hrs. to cancel... she said "my system will NOT allow me to cancel." I asked IF I could talk to someone else who could help me. She asked me who would I like to speak with. MY reply was "whomever can help me... I do not know who it is!!!"

Then her Manager gets on the line, repeats that it is too late to cancel. My reply "I did NOT even get 24 hrs. to change my mind." The reason I am canceling is due to the late timing of delivery... that is vacation time! He repeated I cannot cancel an item after the end of the day it is placed. I repeated "I placed it about any hour or so before the end of the day... I do NOT get 24 hrs. to cancel?" He said "no." I asked "so the computer in 2016 will not let you cancel my order." His reply, "anything else I can do for you?" I said "yes please answer my question." He said "I have already." I replied "NO you did NOT answer my question about the computer!" He early also stated that when I get an e-mail stating my order is on the way, "call UPS and tell them you do NOT want it." My reply "it is NOT the responsibility of UPS to deal with this problem... it is yours!!"

I have never written a negative review about anything in my life. I will never do business with HSN again. I cannot believe the way they treat loyal and long time customers. I have never experienced that you cannot cancel an item within 24 hrs. I advise anyone shopping with HSN to definitely want your product because after midnight on the day the order is placed... 12:01 to be exact you cannot cancel with them.

Original review: July 8, 2016

On 07/05/2016 I tried to place an order with HSN. As I tried to change my address online so I could submit my order, when I pushed save to make changes it was putting a hold on funds in my account without me submitting my order. Unfortunately I pushed save 4 times because nothing would happen. This put funds on hold 4 times. When I called no one could help me or explain why it happened. Spoke with Tony a supposedly supervisor who hung up on me because he couldn't explain why this happened. Telling me that this was impossible. Consumer beware!!!

Original review: July 3, 2016

Multiple items have come defective or in wrong sizes or ordered on flex pay and then charged full pay and partial pay. I have spent hours of prepaid minutes trying to get my money back from them. I do not like apologies. I like solutions. This has been occurring for months and although I request a call from upper management I am told that is impossible. They offer a feature called Track Easy Returns and mine has been broken for 13 months and is still not usable as of today. I am disabled and do all my shopping online. What purpose do these scammy web vendors do for me if they are constantly taking my money the day they ship and making me wait at their convenience for then to refund? This should be illegal.

Original review: July 2, 2016

I ordered a laptop and was paying flex pay. My order was confirmed and payment taken. First I noticed they took more money than the confirmed amount. I called and customer service could not explain but said would be adjusted in my account by the end of the day. It has not. Hours later I received an email of order cancellation, again I called and was told I did not qualify for flex pay. So they took my money (more than they should have), confirmed the order, then cancelled, really? It gets better, I will not get my money back for 3 days, so will that be the amount they took. They are showing the lesser amount not the amount they actually took, hmm.

Original review: July 1, 2016

I did not receive a purchased item. I contacted HSN and they sent me another item however they also sent a letter telling me they will charge my credit card for the second item. Which means that the 1 item I did receive would have cost me 2x as much as other customers. HSN makes their customers responsible for lost/stolen item. Customers do not have control of when an item is shipped yet customers have to pay for a stolen/lost item and the shipping costs 2x. There has to be something illegal for charging customers 2x without any proof.

HSN only offers a letter stating "our investigation has been proven to our satisfaction" yet they offer no documentation of proof, details of their investigation or even contact you during their investigation. I did write to them and informed them that if they try to charge my credit card 2x it will be a fraudulent charge and will be further investigated. DON'T FALL INTO THEIR VICTIM WEB OF DECEIT. HSN has proven to conduct some shady business practices, I do not ever want to participate in. Please verify your items and final costs with them. Don't let them get away with this.

Original review: June 23, 2016

Sorry Keith, but as much as we love you this guitar disappointed us. We purchased the electric guitar and the part that the strings are attached to on the base of the guitar completely just lifted off the guitar. I brought it to get fixed but since it's a cheaper wood it would cost the same to replace it. It's unfortunate since it was casually used just for fun and to me it was a few hundred dollars down the drain. HSN couldn't do anything since out of warranty. In all honestly Keith if you ever decide to read these you should replace them. We all bought them because they had your name attached and we thought we were buying high quality.

Original review: June 22, 2016

HSN denied me from placing an order due to a collection that isn't mine! This is my FIRST time ever shopping at HSN. NEW FIRST time credit card and HSN account! HSN wanted me to call a collection agency and pay for collection that isn't mine. By mine I mean NOT MY NAME... NOT MY CREDIT... NOT MY COLLECTION... NOT MY SS#! How horrible is that? I tried to explain it wasn't me but got nowhere, rep got loud with me and insulted me by assuming I was lying to her and didn't want to pay for something that was not bought by me. DUMB RIGHT!!!

So HSN rep put a restriction on my address and said she will never remove it 'til collection is paid... once again... collection! NOT MINE!!! I was so frustrated with her for not understanding. I asked her to check her files to see that I didn't place any orders and to find who actually was. She did not want to and still assumed it was I and I was lying! HSN YOU CALL YOURSELVES A RESPECTED BUSINESS!! Ok you treat your customers with disgust and insults! I would have never thought of that! I'm grossed out at the fact that all their information was all incorrect about me... it felt like they were trying to fraud me. BE CAREFUL PEOPLE! SO UNCOMFORTABLE ABOUT THEM NOW!!!

Original review: June 20, 2016

A friend and I have made several electronic purchases from HSN including a cell phone and a Polaroid 9" tablet. I believe both were refurbished, second quality or returned products. The cell phone had scratches on the outer casing and the tablet WiFi receiver went dead after 8 months of use. The Polaroid tablet was particularly vexing. I sent the original back to the manufacturer for a replacement TWICE, both times I received refurbished inoperable tablets. This took over two months and now I am stuck with a third tablet that would not even power on. I believe HSN sells second quality electronic products, some of which are either customer returns, refurbished units (not properly tested before resale) or reworked factory mistakes.

HSN's customer support is poor, they do not stand behind the products they sell. I called to get some resolution or support within the manufacturer's warranty time limit from HSN as I received no resolution of my problem. HSN essentially said it was my problem now. DO NOT believe they are a quality retailer. All the happy talk and high production TV sales presentations are essentially hype to sell second rate electronic products.

Original review: May 22, 2016

My wife tried to purchase me a Keith Urban guitar for our 18th wedding anniversary on April 24th. For two weeks she waited for UPS to deliver, but, guess what? No delivery. She finally called and was told that it was a "factory error" and that it would be delivered within a week... One week goes by and no guitar. Well, she calls again and is told the issue is resolved and guitar will be delivered by May 22nd? Then we get an email that it is cancelled. Sorry business from a company that I have done business with for 20 years. I can understand no more guitars, but not lies that I heard on speaker phone, so engine or qvs... No more than, and Keith, if you are the least bit concerned about your name, leave HSN and do grown up business with a real company. I respect your musician-ship, but thanks a souring experience.

Original review: May 18, 2016

I purchased 2 FixMeStick from HSN costing me $171.10 I could have bought at Staples for $44.99 and also on the internet for much less than I paid at HSN. I returned one. Then, returned the other one at a later date because it made my desktop computer overheat and became so hot that computer could not be touched while it was loading. I took the FixMeStick out before it was finished for fear of damaging the computer. I then sent the 2nd one back to HSN and (they returned it right back to me in the mail). Not sure why they returned it to me when it was clearly a damaged item. I called HSN and was told that it was past the time when I could send it back and they did not care that it could have possibly damaged my computer. I told them that I will never buy anything ever again from HSN because they don't stand behind the damaged goods that they sell.

Original review: May 18, 2016

Complaint description: Seeking to have my credit card refunded for an item I did not receive. I called HSN on May 6, 2016 and placed an order for item #470-355 (M) Black. The item was sent to an old address ** which I had not lived at since 2015. When I called to find out if the dress had shipped on May 13 I was told it had. I waited a few more days still no dress. I called May 17th. That is when I found out that the dress shipped to the wrong address. I was told today May 18 that I would not be receiving a refund or another item shipped to the correct address. Your desired resolution: I would like HSN to close out all accounts in my name ACCT# ** which they are stating that I still owe $63.92 on an account that was paid off in 2013 and account # ** which the purchased on this account was shipped to the wrong address and my credit card refunded.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I ordered 2 spin mops from HSN.com (for myself and daughter). I opened the one for myself and was going to give the other to my daughter for Mother's Day. The mop was OK at best and I knew after using it that it would not be right for my daughter. The return section says to apply the pre-printed return label and just take to UPS or USPS. There was no pre-printed label. When I called customer service I was told that there is no returns (for any reason) after 60 days. When I tried to post a review on HSN website I kept getting a message stating that I had not ordered the item - I was trying to review. What a scam.

Original review: May 1, 2016

Hello, I have been shopping with HSN for many years, paid everything. I returned some items which were defective or not what advertised. Each item promoted on the WEB/TV has 30 days + absolute money back guarantee; they repeat it all day long, they repeat hundreds time a day that there is no problem with buying as you can simply return it if you are not satisfied. This is a false advertising as they want us to buy. As you know what happens when you do return items? They cancel your account. Although you were charge for shipping and returning. How can they get away with it? They send you a letter that your account was closed and you not longer can shop with them. And you know what else happens? I had some of the items shipped to a secondary address. As often the packages were dropped off on the steps by the carrier, they did not make you sign even for expensive items.

Now the person who lives there for many years, next apartment, can't purchase anything from HSN with her own CC and account as there was already shipment to that address??? Is this outrageous, what my account has anything to do with hers? Also why people are obligated to open a membership with HSN, why can't they simply order an item or two if they are not interested in flexpay etc??? So at the end I was treated like criminal and then the other person is angry with me as I "messed" up her from being able to purchase. I asked her: "do you really want to deal with company like HSN, after what they put me and you through?" Definitely not. I switched to QVC who has much better quality items, and I am very satisfied with their service.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I purchased from HSN 2 pairs of Born wedge shoes. Hostess said if you purchased a pair of shoes you could get a Born Crossbody Bag for a $30 credit. So I purchased the Crossbody Bag. When I received everything I noticed on the receipt the purse was $129.00 minus the $30 credit for a total of $99.00. Then I noticed on the purse was a price tag manufacturer suggested price was $99.00. Well I didn't get any deal. I should have been charged for the purse $99.00-$30.00 credit for a total of $69.00. That's deceitful and fraud. I called HSN and complained and got some runaround story on how the manufacturer can change the price. Bull crap. HSN was DECEITFUL, LIARS.

Original review: April 14, 2016

I will never order anything from HSN again. We've had 3 situations where they took our order for Anna Griffin products and then a month later cancelled it. They promised delivery did not charge us but three times in a row is way too much. I mean why bother with a company that can't even figure out whether they are able to deliver a product or not. It's a very bad customer experience!

Original review: April 11, 2016

I've been a customer of HSN for several years. Bought all my items thru flex pay, highest priced item was $800, always paid on time, no past dues, haven't owed them anything now for the last 6 months. So, I try to purchase a $200 vacuum on flex pay yesterday. The 1st payment is approved by my credit card bank, then I get a notice the next day from HSN that they're cancelling the order because I no longer qualify for flex pay and I'll get a notice in 10 days. What in the world?! I know my credit score has not gone down over the last few years but has gone up, so is this way they want to treat good customers??? QVC allows me to charge thousands, and they're getting my business from here on. And I hope HSN goes broke, because that is what they deserve with the incompetent management that they have there!!

Original review: April 7, 2016

I received a letter from HSN telling me that although I have been a loyal customer in good standing, paid my bills, ordered regularly, etc, I had returned too many garments this year and that they took a loss on the garments and could not resell them so they were going to stop me from charging on my account. If I wanted to order anything then I could not return it or they would close my account. I paid shipping and handling both ways, just tried the pants on right out of their bag and placed them back into their bag, sealed them up and sent them back. The clothes were never worn nor were they opened for more than five minutes. Why wouldn't they be able to put them back into stock and resell them? If I try on a garment in a store, the items go back into stock so where is the difference? And HSN charges a lot for shipping and handling both ways so how are they losing money? They just did not complete a sale and didn't like that.

The garments were poorly made, unevenly sized and not at all like they advertised which is why I sent them back. Customer service was very annoyed that I was upset with this letter and acted like I was stealing something. No more people. Stop shopping HSN. Amazon Prime will send it free and take it back free so will many other stores. So please use them. HSN is lying when they say order it now and keep it for 30 days and if you don't like it just send it back for a full refund. What a lie. Order from someone else. There's lots of online sites that value your business but HSN is not one of them.

Original review: March 29, 2016

I have been dealing with customer service for over 12 hours to resolve 2 accounts that needed to be merged and a change of name. Only to find out payment name was not changed and payment would not authorize because of the mismatch. After SIX customer service attempts via CHAT, EMAIL, PHONE, I had all accounts deleted so I could start a new fresh account. I created a NEW account, ordered my item, added my payment method and pressed the "check out" button.

The next problem... BAD ADDRESS! Apparently another person who lived in my house prior to my ownership of it had a bad account! I have lived in that residence for approx 8 years and have ordered with HSN IN THAT TIME AND NOW THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE ADDRESS??? Thank you - NO. I have spent an entire day to resolve this for a silly deal. Far more trouble that it is worth. I am done with this site. I will be sure to leave this feedback wherever I go. As a business woman, I have never dealt with so much runaround and issues in trying to make a purchase. What a disgrace.

Original review: March 23, 2016

I have an HSN credit card through Comenity and very happy with the bank but not HSN itself. I placed an order for an HP computer and selected the flex pay. The order went thru and showed confirmed. About 45 min after the order confirmed I received an email stating that the order was canceled. They charged my card 300 dollars and then decided to do some in house thing that in the whim turned me down for flex pay. My fico is strong plus having a card with HSN it shouldn't of been a problem. Called the bank and they said it was HSN that denied flex pay.

So calling hsn the lady said they denied me and had no clue as to why and then tried to talk me into charging the full amount for 9 month zero interest. I do not want to put a hit that big on my card and lower my score with the credit bureaus. Who are they to offer flex pay to do forceful sales to try and get the people to pay in full. Flex pay is a joke. Do yourself a favor and stay away from HSN and their joke of flex pay. They do not ask for ssn or any details so how could they reject flex pay? Stay away from HSN.

Original review: March 22, 2016

Why is Kristin Chenoweth hiding the name of the metals she is using in her jewelry. Her prices are outrageous. She is hiding something that will keep customers away from that shopping channel. Looks like the customer is being ripped off by HSN by charging outrageous prices for trash jewelry. She is hiding the name of the metal she is using in her junk jewelry. Why is there no mention of the metal that is being used for her jewelry. Looks like HSN is trying to scam and rip off the customer.

Original review: March 15, 2016

I should have read the reviews on this site beforehand. I was looking around on the internet and saw a PS4 bundle that my daughter would love!! So I ordered it and used their FlexPay option. 4 payments of 144.00. I went through the checkout process and received an order confirmation saying that everything was good, payment has been received and I should receive the PS4 by next Friday, the 25th. An hour later I get an email saying that my order had been CANCELLED!! WTH!?

I called HSN and they informed me that I was denied for FlexPay. Umm... how? They didn't ask for my SS#, nor my birthday. But they sure did place a hold on my card for 145.01. I asked the rep when that money was going to go back into my account and she said 3-5 days!! I told her that was messed up and that their system is backwards. You should approve/deny someone for FlexPay BEFORE you take their money!! Of course, she is reading from a script like everyone else and is like blah, blah, blahhh. I told her my money better be in my account by Friday or I'm reporting them to the BBB for being a SCAM! Never, ever again, EVER will I shop or buy with them ever everrr again!! I would rather go to FingerHut. At least they are not scam artists!!

Original review: March 14, 2016

Last year I placed an order for 1 shipment of Tan Towels in June. I got the product, it was ok, but I didn't end up using it. Then in September I noticed HSN was ready to send me another shipment of Tan Towels, somehow they signed me up for the auto delivery, so I went in and canceled the order. Then, in December I get billed for yet another order of Tan Towels that I never ordered and never received. I checked the "shipment" link and it said that UPS delivered it to a Super Mail station on a street three miles from my home.

I called HSN and told them and they said, "Oh, no problem we will remove that from your card." Then, in February I get a nasty threatening letter from HSN saying that they have conducted their own investigation and UPS claims they delivered the towels to my house. Keep in mind I have never ever had a problem with mail disappearing from my gated community before, so I know it was not delivered. In addition, other orders I made from HSN that were made the same time HSN decided to ship me more Tan Towels, were delivered successfully.

I called customer service and the lady who answered the phone and helped me said that is ridiculous. They would never send such a letter, but she did not, that my account had been billed again, so she credited me and apologized for such a rude letter. Then, in March HSN billed my credit card again for those same Tan Towels I never got and they had assured me they would not bill me for a product I never ordered and never received. I called again. This gentleman was also appalled that HSN would do such a thing and pointed out that my account still showed that the Tan Towels were canceled. To prevent HSN from billing me again for products I never ordered and never received I had to cancel all the credit cards on my HSN account and close my account. I will never shop there again. I can't believe what terrible customer service this was for a customer that has been with them for at least 20 years.

Original review: March 10, 2016

I tried to purchase an HP laptop using the flexpay option and used my credit card which definitely had the funds available... When I submitted the purchase a message came up stating that there was a problem with my order and that the order could not be processed. However, HSN still placed 192.00 on hold from my card. When I called to ask why they held my money for a purchase that did not go through they stated to me that it could take 3 to 5 days for the money to be returned to my card depending on my bank. I called my bank and my bank stated that the bank policy is as soon as the funds are released by hsn they will be returned within a few hours. A day later and HSN has yet to release my money for a purchase that didn't even go through. Give me my money back HSN! They never should have taken it in the first place. My bank even questioned their actions or why they declined it and placed my money on hold. Never again! Never!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

Be aware of this HSN card. I listened to moderators and followed suggestions to go for extra Flex pay. I agreed to open the account knowing this is not a credit card. The card was mailed to me, but I could not locate the card. I called, and they sent me a different card. I did say that I will be late to pay the card (first one), and I was informed that they put the note in my account, and that they will credit me back with a late fee amount when it happens. I was so glad. They did that.

And then, almost next day I was charged again with a late fee (now second card that had the same dates due like the first one), with a late fee interest. And collection agency started to call me almost daily. It took me a while to realize who they are (did a search online - reverse phone number search). I then contacted, via their secure message system, the bank to explain and each message was traveling for 48 hr, and I received several robo messages thanking me for this and that??? I did call once, and went nowhere. They also told me to write a letter and send it via snail mail if I want them to this or that? At the end I did what they wanted from the day one - I paid for the "mistake" on somebody's side (read customer's), and closed the account. So, did I get an extra Flex pay? No. Did I pay more. Yes, way more. Who lost? Me. Pardon my English please, I am not a native speaker.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I received a faulty elliptical from HSN and within two days had contacted their customer service department via phone to get a refund. The woman on the phone did not identify her name but told me that she had put the request for a return in and that it would be FREE shipping back to their warehouse. She also told me to give it about a week and I would receive an email and phone call from their shipping service about when exactly they were coming to get it and at what time.

Less than a week later I began receiving multiple calls from a male customer service agent leaving me voice messages in a rude tone stating that I either had to authorize my credit card for a charge of $100 to return or they would begin a credit reporting process (over an UNPROCESSED return? Give me the option to cancel at least, as nothing has effected them money wise as of yet!). I called immediately and was able to speak to yet another customer service agent who assured me the return would be free of charge as she had waived all fees due to the elliptical being damaged, and while she would not comment as to why I was receiving rude phone messages from a man un-involved with my return case, she did assure me the refund was going through the proper channels and processing for a free return.

Now today I have received another rude voice message at work from this same man telling me customer service made a "mistake" and they will be going forward with charging my credit card. I did NOT give authorization for this, especially after two separate individuals assured me my return would be free. If my card is charged, HSN should expect that I will immediately file a charge-back claim with my credit card provider, as I refuse to let them get away with this. If your customer service department is not on the same page, that is not my fault as the customer and I should not be having to put up with this. This is not good customer service!

HSN Company Information