1.27/5

583 HSN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

On 12/12/15 my son ordered an electronic item from HSN. He thought the deal was a decent deal for the item ordered. iPad mini 4, paid 19.54 extra for 4-day shipping. Arrival date should have been 12/17/14. On 12/15/15 received email from HSN - item shipped. We contacted HSN, amount of payment had not been deducted from account yet. We called 3 days in a row from 12/13 to 12/17... spoke with numerous 'customer service' reps. I think they just have the job of 'double talk' once your order is placed because they cannot actually HELP you.

We finally discover from a 'Karen' item was never shipped (this is only after I contact UPS with the tracking number provided by HSN). She promptly tries to get me to spend 41$ for 2 day shipping, she re-orders item (no I did not spend 41$ more) and then we noted funds deducted from account. I then go to HSN website, open a 'chat' with Kenyl. Now this person indicates we would 'probably' receive item by 12/27!!! This is after date Karen guaranteed, plus after Christmas.

I make one more call to HSN, speak with 'Susan'. She indicates since now it's after hours, no supervisor is available. Call back in am to speak with someone. She only states "well Karen should have not told you that date. There's nothing I can do." One thing is very clear - buy from QVC, Amazon, even eBay - are ALL better than HSN!!! NEVER ever again HSN!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2015

I tried placing an order online for my mother's christmas gift. Whenever I tried to enter the promotional codes advertised on the homepage at checkout, it would restart my order. I had to wait until the next day when the promotional code had expired to try again. When I finally placed the order they charged my card and then cancelled it for no reason. When I called customer service I was repeatedly hung up on, and when I finally reached an agent, she wanted to either charge my card a second time or make me wait a few days to re-do the order, at which point I would need to pay for expedited shipping to get it to my mom in time for Christmas. It's all a scam!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

Purchased LG Tracfone with 1200 min of talk, text, data. In process of porting old Tracfone number to new Tracfone, 1200 mins were lost. I called HSN to let them know of problem caused and need to return with desire of replacing phone. Easy Return Slip Not Included in Box. I went on HSN website to print return slip as directed by HSN to find unable to do so. Had to call HSN to get them to email me an easy return slip. I believe this company was anticipating problems with this phone and did all possible to misdirect consumer in effort to return defective product. Not happy!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2015

HSN and Flexpay is a trick to the consumer. Please don't even try Flexpay unless you have excellent credit. HSN makes it seem so easy to place item in cart, check out and select Flexpay, however they are doing a soft pull on your credit and will take your payment. But if you have a credit score 700 or below they have a tendency to cancel order and here is another upsetting fact... It takes days for the money to post back to your bank account. My daughter decide to buy a laptop on Flexpay and this is pretty much how it played out. Called customer service and they're clueless and couldn't pull their finger out of their **. I hope this review will spare someone else from having their funds on hold for a product they will not receive unless buying outright.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

Ok so I purchased Star Wars Battlefront off of HSN on 11/30/15. I picked two-day shipping to receive it today 12/2/15. My package JUST shipped this morning after days of being processed and packaged. I tried to track my package all day today and I can't find anything with that tracking number. I called UPS and was told that that tracking number is not linked to any package. After back and forth phone calls with HSN I called again only to be told they don't know anything about where my package is at. I asked multiple times if it were possible for them to provide me with the correct tracking number and I was told that he doesn't know anything and that there's a chance I "might" receive it tomorrow.

I spoke to the supervisor and she told me I would receive it today or "no later than tomorrow." I spent 96$ all together on this order only for it to vanish and get the runaround by their customer service team. I now have to go out tomorrow to purchase the same game I was initially supposed to receive today. The customer service is horrible and careless. I will never ever, ever do business with them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

This was represented as a quad core computer. I had complained about it from the beginning to HSN. They told me to call HP for help. I called HP and they told me that they have no knowledge of my purchase. The only advise that they could give me was to reformat my computer which had absolutely nothing on it. I did that and it was still slow. I finally got in touch with a computer specialist that could not figure out why it was not working with the program that required a quad core. After going into the control panel he found out it was NOT a quad core. It was a dual core. That is generations different. HSN will do nothing but give me a $130.00 credit toward the computer. I now have to purchase a new computer even though this one was never used since I need the quad core computer and was told that I purchased a quad core. HSN does not stand behind the products they sell!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

I place an order with HSN. The estimated delivery date was set at two weeks. I was very surprise to discover UPS made an attempt to deliver the package 3 days after the order was place. Even though the order says 10 business days for delivery. I called UPS and asked if they could hold the package for pickup at one of their centers. UPS said no. HSN place restrictions on the package. NO holds or change of delivery address, signature required. I told them I have ID with my address and could sign for it at UPS.

HSN has refused to call UPS and give them authorization to hold the package. The package that came 10 days early. I explained to HSN if I'd know it was coming 10 days early I would have made sure someone was home to sign for it. They basically told me that's my problem. I just have to have someone stay by the front door for the next two days. They would refund me in 7 to 10 business days after the package is returned to HSN by UPS.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

Stumbled on HSN station, bought 4 small steamers for presents, talked me into credit card, deducted $10, told me I would get special deals. Got card paid bill, got steamers, 2 were broken. Called, they sent 4 more, didn't send back so I planned to pay. Credit card closed my account, said I didn't activate so I paid with another card. Wrote me nasty notes threatening to send me to collections of something to that effect. Called, straightened out, paid for 2 more or whatever they claimed I needed. I got another nasty letter 4 times, one for each steamer. Called back, they said they would straighten out.

Watching HSN channel Thanksgiving time, saw a super great deal on wireless headphones for all my kids and my husband's kids. Went to buy and they told me I had a hold on my account and I would not be allowed to buy anything, not even on another credit card. And told me that no one could order those from my address and to call that next Monday. Called on Monday and they told me it would take 5 to 7 days to clear up the problem on my account and confirmed to me "so sorry can't get the flex pay" or the deals I wanted unless someone else bought it for me in their name. So shocked. So unprofessional, unorganized, and I will never give that channel my time or money again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2015

I am upset that I was billed twice for some shorts that I bought. The first pair of shorts never arrived at my house so I called to see why they haven't arrived and I was told that they would send me some new ones. I did receive them and was happy but then saw that they billed me for both shorts. Then I received a letter stating that they did an investigation and that I did receive them which is a lie. I don't understand why if I never received the first ones. I am upset that HSN is calling me a thief and a liar. I will not be shopping at HSN anymore .

Resolution response: Dec. 17, 2015

I was upset. I apologize. They called me and fixed the issue. I will continue shopping with HSN.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2015

I ordered an LG Android phone. It comes with 400 minutes++ package. I couldn't get it. No instruction on TV, just sell, sell. It is with TracFone. I kept calling. They gave me a # to call which always says, "Can't give you information." I don't like this gimmicks. I will report to BBB. HSN told me to return the phone. I don't believe this kind of communication.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2015

I purchased a NEAT scanner from HSN in August of 2015 and it came with 30 days of their cloud service. I used it a couple of times but then started having some health problems and ended up being in the hospital and numerous Doctor's office visits and it went beyond their 30 day return period. It was only after the 30 cloud trial ended did I find out that almost all the fancy features with the NEAT scanner do not work without a subscription to their cloud service which is ridiculously high priced and I simply do not feel that I should have to pay for their cloud service to use this device. This particular fact was never stated when I watched the presentation.

When I contacted HSN customer service they were "very sorry I felt it was misrepresentation, but there was nothing they could do as it was over the 30 days return period." HSN did in fact misrepresent this product (fyi: so does NEAT on its own website). I have been doing business with HSN for many years and have never had a bad problem with them until now. This is flat out fraud that they will not stand behind.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

HSN Anna Griffin Pop Up Christmas Card Kit - $69.97 plus shipping $7.95 I believe. Received it quickly, so far so good right? When I go on to HSN it shows me never having bought anything. Meanwhile I have the kit, payments are being charged to my bank account, and there is no one you can contact for any problems since they show me never having purchased it to begin with. Now, not only have I had problems in the past with them (yes, had my account blocked too, still is! but we find ways around) I have an even more vapid problem with them now. I guess they are sub-contracting or farming out their orders. Or maybe they get paid by the number of items they sell for such and such a company on air, and then have nothing to do with fulfillment of the order or anything more to do with it once you order.

You have to admit this takes the cake. It has happened the past few times I have ordered from them, when I call them there is nothing in the computer showing my having purchased these items. YET, I have them in hand and am being CHARGED for them in my BANK ACCOUNT. Are you as mystified as me? Don't do business with third parties, or go-betweens - you have no recourse!!! That leaves you UP YOU KNOW WHERE without a YOU KNOW WHAT!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

I went to place an order two weeks ago and got all the way to the payment page before I landed on a page saying account blocked. I called customer service who told me that my account had been cancelled due to too many returns. I asked why I had no notice of this and she said a letter was sent, which I still have not received. I tried to explain that I have always, in over 15 years of being a customer, ordered more than one of the item I wanted, since experience has taught me that HSN's quality control is a bit lacking, even with the brands they sell that I have bought and been happy with in the past.

I told the rep that I had to return not only a number of defective items in the last month, but also incorrect items that were shipped instead of what I had ordered, and I had continued to place orders for the same items until I was satisfied and kept them. She commiserated but said the decision was final and I had no recourse and nobody to speak to about this. So the bottom line is, if HSN makes a mistake, it is your fault, not theirs. And needless to say, as a long term customer, I am now warning everyone to stay far away from HSN.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

Placed an order. Order was cancelled because they said they could not verify my address. I verified my address and then they told me item was out of stock. However, my bank account is still pending. This was my first and last time I will ever order from this company. And, their customer service experience sucks.. I ordered this when they claimed they had 200K and now I have had to spend more money somewhere else. If they needed to verify my address then they should of put the order on hold. They didn't need to verify my order for accessories that I ordered at the same time. They ship that right out. Well, now I don't want any part of HSN so I will be shipping that back to them... What a nightmare. Not recommended.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

I just recently ordered two different Andrew Lessman supplements, and only received one in my secure mailbox. I emailed their Customer Service department to let them know. I was told both supplements should have been mailed in the same package. I checked with my mail carrier, he said he never saw a second package from HSN. I emailed them again, and was told they would ship another package. I never received it. I again contacted them and was told the supplements were no longer available. They never contacted me to let me know. Sent them a stern email, telling them I should have been contacted. Also let them know I would never shop with them again. I would purchase directly through Lessman's website.

Days later, I received a letter from HSN telling me they were satisfied with their investigation, they show I did indeed receive the supplements, and I would be charged for them. They did not supply any proof. They will be losing a lot of business from my friends and family over a bottle of $9 supplements! Sloppy way of running a business.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

Ordered a computer via Flex Pay and they processed the first installment providing a transaction number. A successful purchase or so I thought. The next day HSN sent an e-mail advising the order was cancelled due to " Flex Pay Ineligibility." I went to my bank account to find they had not taken the money. Decided to go online, created an account and purchases the item via PayPal without talking to liar at HSN.

The person who took the order never once said Flex Pay was subject to credit review. The CSR also tried desperately to upsell additional services including an extra "warranty" product--all of which I declined. Never ever will I shop this company again. Watching my bank account like a hawk to ensure they don't over charge since I see someone already got ripped off by HSN and PayPal. Horrible company. Too many other (safe and reliable) online merchants who truly are appreciative of their customers. Never again!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

HSN also blocked my account, which I had for years, because my roommate ordered something & didn't pay for it. I had no idea until I tried to order something & saw my account was blocked & they would not remove it until the balance was paid. So I said whatever! Not paying for his mess, so here's all you have to do to get around this. Have a friend or family member purchase what you want, pay them and when it arrives at their home, just go and pick it up. Blocked situation solved!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

I bought this paper shredder 12-1-14. About 6 months later maybe 25-30 uses, the machine started to make noise. I bought some blade oiling sheets but it didn't make a difference. I called HSN but they said it was over 30 days and I had to call the manufacturer. I called Embassy and they said they would replace it. My complaint is the machine is a piece of junk and they won't pay for shipping to return it. It cost me 50$ to send it back. The machine originally cost $149.75 with tax. Made in China and I would advise not to buy it. When I asked if they made any upgrades to the machine they couldn't tell me.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

A few months ago I ordered jeans; the stretch kind... I had to send them back because they were too large. I did get the new pair & they were in black. I've worn them but not excessively and they just faded out so bad that now they look very gray and worn... one of the zipper tabs just broke off on the hem of the jean! I loved the fit... one of the most comfortable pair of jeans I have ever worn... but so disappointed in the color fading and the metal part falling off the jean. I have thrown the receipt away as that was several months ago so I don't even have that information any longer. I wish I did I would be happy to have given it to you!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

I had a very bad experience with HSN. I had just heard about steam mops from my son, his friend had purchased one. So my son knowing that I am disabled, I was shot by a drive-by while 6m pregnant, now only have use of one hand. So he knew the mop would be perfect for me. So I called to purchase the steam mop. I was 15 dollars short but was getting my check soon, so I ordered it on the FlexPay. I knew I would be able to pay the full amount before my 1st payment was due. So I received the mop and I didn't even take it out of the box. I noticed this mop was way too small, it was like a toy. So I closed the box back up and the outside of the box says 3 easy steps to return. I sealed the box and followed the instructions and returned their product.

2 months later I start receiving mail I thought was advertising so I just threw it away. One day I open one and they are charging me more money than the price of the steam mop. I called to tell I sent the mop back a long time ago. They said they received it but I didn't pay the 10 dollar shipping. I told them the post office took the box without any charge. I followed their instructions on the box. So they are continuously making this bill higher and higher. After that discussion I sent them their 10 dollars. But as of now they want 188.00 for a mop that was 119.00 that I sent right back. And also I sent their 10.00 late but they got it. This is wrong to do this to people. I did not keep or damage their mop. I returned it. They are wrong in so many levels. Be careful dealing with HSN.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2015

Since I'm trying to go back to school, I was trying to look for a way to get a laptop for a decent price and decided on trying HSN after being recommended online. That was my first mistake. Everything went by pretty easily with me entering my information and such and before I knew it, my order was confirmed and for $100 every month. However, not even the next day, the order was cancelled. I was confused but didn't care. I'd take my money elsewhere. Except they hadn't replaced my funds.

I waited several days (my second mistake) in hopes that I'd receive my money. It's been four days. I contacted them and after they finally admitted to knowing my purchase and the first lady laughing at my frustration, I was told by a man that my card was lost or stolen even though they managed to get my money. I was told to contact my bank since they shouldn't do anything and I promptly did. Thankfully, I was able to get my money back but I will never use them again and will refrain from ordering online.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

My mother purchase a mop . There were parts missing. She called HSN they said they would send her out a new mop. She could take out the parts that she needed and return it. My mother is an elderly person she thought she was being charge for the shipping back and didn't understand. She did not meet the 15 day deadline to return the product by the time she contact me and I was able to help her send it back. We asked for them to still receive the product and refund her money. They would not do it and ended up charging her for the other mop.

So if you have any elderly person ordering from here and they have any type of difficulty HSN will not identify this as a special circumstance. She still wanted to keep her original mop but be able to send the other one back (with the parts taken out that she needed that the original mop did not contain) and did not make the 15 day deadline. They would not accept it and charge her for the second one they sent out!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

I was shopping around online for a certain Xmas gift for my husband and saw that HSN had the item for a reasonable price. I was ready to place my order and a pop-up came up on my screen stating that if I sign-up for emails from HSN, I would receive a 15% off coupon to use for my first order with them. I decided to wait to order the item, thinking I would get my coupon fairly quickly, but it is now 3 days later and still no coupon! I chatted with customer service twice asking about my coupon and they both gave me a different answer! I am so frustrated with them already and I haven't even ordered from them yet! After this experience, I am not going to order anything from them. There are many other retailers online that I can order the item from... They already lost my business!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2015

Ordered a TV and 2 computers 5 months ago for a giveaway at my wife's party. Opened the TV last night. The whole corner and screen is all broken, no marks on the box. Called HSN, they said they won't do anything about it. WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

I received a statement from HSN yesterday and today, I paid my monthly installment. I went onto the shopping page and found a very nice pair of slippers that were reasonably priced. When I went to checkout, I received a message that my account is blocked. I knew that because in August I broke my hip and failed to make that month's payment. I tried to see if I could use my VISA card for the purchase, but found out immediately that the only way I can buy items from HSN is with THEIR card!!! I am extremely upset that they have basically cornered the market on purchasing their products.

Unfortunately, I don't have the extra cash to pay off my balance, so here I sit with no slippers. I think that is downright unfair to the general public!! Things are very tough right now and when you see something that is a good deal, you can't have access to it. I think I will cut up my HSN card, pay my balance, and not ever shop there again! I sincerely hope they lose more customers by their unfair policies!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2015

I have been doing business with HSN for about 8 years. I have purchased thousands of dollars in merchandise, mostly jewelry, but other items as well. I have purchased Steve Madden shoes, Joy Mangano items, Iman luggage etc. and I have ALWAYS been treated with respect, and honesty. I did purchase a printer a couple of years ago, had a lot of trouble setting it up, returned it, and received a full refund without any hassle. Frankly I find it hard to understand all those negative reviews, when my experience has been SO different. My sister also purchases items without any problems.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

I purchased two items on Home Shopping Network (HSN) using PayPal selecting my credit card as the payment source. HSN overrode my PayPal option to bill my credit card and billed the two items separately to my bank account against my knowledge. This resulted in several overdraft fees. I called HSN and PayPal repeatedly insisting they bill the credit card I selected at checkout. HSN said they would, and then billed the bank account again, resulting in more overdraft fees. I contacted PayPal and removed the bank account from PayPal.

I called HSN who said both items were paid for and the case was closed. After several stressed phone calls, HSN partially refunded the overdraft fees. Then four days after I removed the bank account from PayPal, HSN bills the bank account again via PayPal, resulting in more overdraft fees. Arggh!!! I stressed out with PayPal who reimbursed me for the balance of the overdraft fees. I went to the bank and closed the checking account, so it could no longer be billed by HSN and to stop the overdraft fees.

HSN wants me to shop with them again. I don't think this will happen nor will I connect a bank account to any online bill paying service. I also wiped all payment and general information from my HSN profile. To add insult to injury, PayPal still charged be $1.50 per check (total $3.00) to mail the HSN and PayPal overdraft refunds to my home address as a bank account was no longer linked to PayPal. There are lots of online companies that will let me pay with a credit card without all of this drama. I will pass on shopping on HSN and will avoid using PayPal where I can in the future.

I did receive the items I ordered. HSN also refunded expedited shipping fees and it took three weeks, several visits to the bank and multiple calls to HSN and PayPal to straighten this all out. I would not recommend HSN or attaching a bank account to PayPal. Once the vendor has your bank account information, the buyer lose all control and protection from being repeatedly billed from vendors who refuse to bill the source you select at checkout.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

I received (6) items for family for Christmas presents. The (6) items came damaged and I sent all (6) back immediately and insured the items. HSN received the items and because I sent back all (6) of the damaged items, I was told they feel they are not living up to my standards and felt it best if they closed my account without letting me know by letter. Nothing. No warning, nothing. To this day over 30 days, they have the items back and still have not credited me and they don't know when they will. How's that? And it's approx. $1,000 worth of my money. Apparently HSN is making money and interest in the meantime.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

I NEVER received my order. Ordered in July 11, 2015, TV was scheduled to deliver in Aug. Received DAMAGED. Called to tell them the TV was damaged, the screen was shattered in multiple places. I asked "could another TV be sent out immediately." I was told yes. Called back the next week to check the status and was told I could not receive a replacement until the damaged TV was received. Per HSN this particular manufacturer doesn't allow a replacement to be sent out until they receive the TV. I could not sent the TV back until I received the shipping label from HSN because a return label was not included in with the TV. According to HSN this is the manufacturer, supposedly this manufacturer doesn't send return labels with the product and HSN usually they send return labels with their products.

Of course by the time they received the damaged TV there was no more TV's in stock with HSN so the manufacturer had to send out another TV. A new TV was sent in Aug 28. I only know that because I called Sept 13 to check the status. Was told another TV was shipped on Aug 28 but there was some confusion because it shows the TV was back at the manufacturer's dock on Sept 1. I was told they sent a message to the manufacturer to send me another TV. Called Sept 16 to check the status and was told the person I spoke with on the 13th should have told me the reason the TV was sent back to the manufacturer is because that TV was damaged in transit.

Once again I was told another TV would be sent to me. I received a voicemail 30 minutes later saying I could not be sent out another TV because this would be the second replacement TV and HSN is not allowed to send out a second time. I called and spoke with a supervisor who said something totally different. He said HSN didn’t have any more in stock so I asked if the manufacturer could send another like they did previously because I was told in August HSN didn’t have any in stock. He said the manufacturer didn’t have any more in stock so no I could not receive another TV from them or the manufacturer. All they could do at this point is give me a refund.

Through all of this inconvenience HSN NEVER contacted me. I had to call them WEEKLY to get a status update. Each time I called I was told something different. There was no consistency with the reps or supervisors I spoke with. The last person I spoke with said all they could do is issue a refund and an apology. When I asked what I could receive for the 3 month of inconsistency and still no product and will not receive a product I was told all I could receive is $10 off any item and that would have to be used in 60 days.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

I bought a 50" HD LED TV from HSN eight months ago, paid over $500.00 for it and now it won't turn on. I tried everything everyone told me to do... Nothing works. This is the first product I've had trouble with from HSN. I called the number to the warranty company they gave me. They want me to ship it to Calif. I live in WV. They also want me to pay shipping which is over $80.00. I think the company who sells the items ought to have to replace them. I'm out $500.00, and I have no TV.

HSN Company Information