1.16/5

Last updated: April 25, 2018

558 HSN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 25, 2018

HSN claims to have lifetime tech support but that tech support is useless. It is a lie! My laptop's operating system failed and HSN tech support told me to call Microsoft so that I could re-purchase a new Windows operating system. They would not provide a disc or key to reboot. First they said they could not find the order. Then when I supplied the emails confirming I bought this $700 laptop from them tech support said call Microsoft. When I said I should not have to buy an operating system I already had purchased they HUNG UP!!!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I spent $149 on a Patricia Nash handbag that was on one of HSN T.V. programs and on a special price. The purse is nice, BUT when I tried to order the matching wallet for $49, it was sold out in the purse color. When I emailed my disappointment, I was told basically “we’re so sorry about that”. Today I went on HSN’s website to write a review and wasn’t able to get it to work after assigning myself a “nickname”.

I also noticed the wallet that matches my purse is on Backorder, and if I ordered it, will be sent as soon as it comes in... For the full price of $69! They ran out of the wallet on the night of the TV show because they didn’t order the same quantity as the purse, and that’s their mistake. I feel I should still have been offered the TV Special price.

In addition, after I emailed them about these two issues, I was told via email reply, that since I bought the purse as a GUEST, not registering for a regular account, I wasn’t entitled to submit a review of my Patricia Nash purse! I have NEVER ever encountered such a thing. In all online transactions, I am able to submit a review for a product that I bought. Every time. I bought the product; why shouldn’t I submit a review of same for others who may be considering buying the same product? I never buy something online UNLESS I read all the reviews from others who have bought the item.

The reply to my email ignored my comment about not being offered the matching wallet at the TV Special price THAT I TRIED TO BUY AFTER WATCHING THE SHOW, but couldn’t because it was sold out. No mention was made on the website about it being on backorder and that I could order it then, probably because they didn’t want to sell it at the TV Special price. Funny, I am not considered anything but a guest who has no review privileges, but they send me daily emails advertising the goods on HSN. I guess my money is good enough to spend on HSN, I just can’t review my purchase. Because I bought it as a GUEST!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2018

MULTIPLE CHARGES!!! (13) to be exact, happened as a result of me trying to place a simple order for Today's Special, A Canon All-In-One Printer for $59.00 on 4 easy flex pays. Both my Bank Card statements show MULTIPLE CHARGES and no ONE, not even a the 2 Supervisors I spoke to could help me with the madness nor did they seem to care, They were simply concerned with defending HSN.

The first card was declined yet held sufficient funds. I tried using a second card against my better judgement, and the same thing happened again which I was able to see on my 2nd card statement the next day. Every HSN rep. I spoke to even denied that there needed to be some investigating done in their billing department when I suggested that they either needed it. I will no longer be a HSN customer!!! HSN sent 3 printer and left me to be responsible for the return. My vehicle gas, my time, and they shipped to the billing address when specifically told to ship to a gifted address in another state...

Original review: April 16, 2018

Sorry I had to give HSN a 1-star rating when in fact it should be no stars at all. This company is an absolute rip-off!! HSN is affiliated with Comenity Bank and it doesn't matter who you pay your bill to, they will tell you that there is "no payment" or a "late payment". Their whole payment options is designed to confuse the customer & make the customer pay more and also hurt the customer's credit. BE WARNED: DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: March 26, 2018

I purchased a computer in November 2016 with LIFETIME support. I was lead to believe this support would resolve any issue I had with this computer during my lifetime. The computer started to fail in January 2018. I called HSN and was told they sold their Tier1 Support to a new company. I was transferred to this company who could not provide any customer support other than telling me the same information I could find on the internet. I called HSN to seek a refund of my computer (either a new one or refund my purchase price). HSN customer service supervisor told me the computer was not covered beyond fixing malware, viruses, etc. The HSN advertisement indicated when I purchased the computer I would never need to call anybody else to keep my computer operating efficiently. My suggestion to anyone purchasing a computer from HSN with support. DO NOT purchase it. They don't provide support!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: March 21, 2018

A Discover Card customer service rep called to ask me if I placed an order for a piece of fitness equipment with Home Shopping. I did not, and was relieved that Discover checked with me. The person who tried to place the order was going to have the item delivered to my home, which is disturbing. I had to cancel my Discover account and get a new card/number.

Fast forward a few months - I tried to place an order for sandals with HSN, only to be told I had to speak to a Customer Service person. The Customer Service person informed me that HSN could not ship to me due to the Discover card issue. I explained that it was a fraud case, that everything has been cleared up, and I have a new Discover card. She then told me that they could not ship anything to MY ADDRESS! I couldn't believe it. I asked to speak to a manager, who basically told me the same thing...sorry, but my address has a 'do not sell' attached to it, so I am not able to order. I tried writing to HSN to let them know this was not fair, but to no avail. I guess I don't spend enough money there for them to clear up this issue. Unreal.

Original review: March 7, 2018

THE HSN ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT IS EXTREMELY INCOMPETENT. I stupidly ordered gifts from HSN because I didn't check consumer ratings first. I had ordered, received and paid for a Ming 5 Qt pan with fry basket in September of 2017. In December 2017, I ordered again for Christmas. HSN double shipped me that large order when the Christmas order was late and assumed lost. I had ordered another 5 Qt pan with fry basket for my daughter in the Christmas order. When the double shipment arrived I ended up with 3 of those pans, so I promptly returned one (item order ending in #**) but kept the rest of the double shipment for gifts. HSN refunded the 5 Qt pan I returned. Unfortunately, nothing in the double shipment I kept ever showed up on my online account's Flex Pay page. They just kept charging my card but there was no way for me to track it. I was supposed to trust them to charge me correctly.

Frustrated, in early February I called them and they assured me there were only 2 more payments due period for $19.98 each on a double shipped skillet. Fine. NOW, in March 2017, they are taking $45 out of my account without my permission, claiming it is for a $39.95 item in the order ending in #** (that had been paid in full two months ago -- my daughter's Pan). They say there was a double refund accounting glitch where they refunded something on the double order they should not have (item #**). That's a lie. I appropriately had only one refund on my bank account and that was for the #** double shipped item I returned. IN OTHER WORDS THEY ARE STEALING BACK MY REFUND ON AN ITEM RETURNED 3 MONTHS AGO while claiming they had issued a refund on a different item by mistake. They did not issue a refund on another item!

They will not send me an account ledger and are too incompetent to audit my transactions correctly. They had purposely not listed the double shipped items on my online flex pay account page BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT AND TO KEEP ME IN THE DARK ABOUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING. They know I can't afford to sue them over $45 even though I believe altogether I believe it may be more than that but there is no way for me to audit what they have done. BUYERS BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I understand there are company protocols, but HSN has the worse accounts receivable possible along with a non-friendly automated system that does not transfer you to a human. For several months I have been battling late payment fees that were charged, in error, to my account. I had my bank call them directly to confirm that the payment was received on time and why were they posting it later and charging me for their mistake. Then their automated system closed my account, in error, so at the time of the call which included my bank HSN could not assist with crediting the late payment fee. I was told to call back in a week.

I did and spoke to a representative who was very empathetic. She transferred the call to a condescending supervisor (named Cortez). Who told me to pay my bill earlier than the bill date and to go ahead and send in a letter with proof to dispute the late charge again. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE FOR OVER THREE MONTHS! Unacceptable, I am done with HSN. Paying them their late payment fee and moving on. There are so many other competitors...

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I bought 1 item under $100 this fall from HSN. I’ve purchase other things in the past with no problem. I stated I Did Not need flex pay. The amount due was under $100.00. I stated this expressly at time of purchase. I paid in full per 1st invoice. I’m getting billed for Flex Pay interest in a ZERO balance. And other charges by phone while I was out of the country on vacation. No one at HSN has been kind, understanding - and Comenity Bank is onerous and horrific with telephone calls that are threatening night and day.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

In October I purchased a Cricut Easy Press. Less than 3 months in it quit working. I have been trying for almost 2 months to find out what I need to do to get another and apply their extra warranty (2 years) I had purchased with it. No answer. I call and I get put on hold. Not a happy camper.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I received a very bad customer service from a representative named Sophie. She ended the chat with me without notice me. Be aware if you buy products from HSN. I bought a Hoover floor cleaner that left my floors horrible. Their products does not work as they show on tv. In addition, they charge me 9.95 for the shipping costs of returning the product. My daughter had to cancel her credit card with them because they often made charges in her account for extra fees, so if you have a credit card with them check your statement because they make charges without notice the customers. Their commercials shows that their products are awesome. Nevertheless, when we buy their products they are a fraud and we have to pay for the shipping costs of returning them. Definitely, I will never buy again another product from HSN.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

How can HSN put my selected item on backorder yet still offer the same product four days later as being available? I have not been charged. I have received that I can expect a delivery date of January 31, 2018. Yet today I see the same item, same models being advertised as a live show. On my account it is says "extended delivery". What does that mean? Why is HSN still selling a product that they don't have in stock, don't tell the buyer that it will be on backorder?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have ordered off and on from HSN for many years. I have not had much of a problem (with FlexPay etc.) as other reviewers have stated. It does make me kind of sad that so many are having issues because that is what may cause the company to fail unless they step up and address these concerns. I came to the page today because after ordering a laptop several days ago I was very surprised to find that the HP laptop I ordered was being shipped from a company called NEW AGE ELECTRONICS. This worries me a little. My new HP laptop should be shipped directly from HP? I looked up the company and it looks like they build new computers and fix and refurbish others (certified HP) - however, if I am not mistaken if HSN is selling refurbished computers they must reveal that to the consumer? I am not sure that it is but it makes me somewhat nervous.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I attempted to order a two pack HP laptop deal on flex pay. They denied me the option for flex pay and canceled my order. I immediately checked my bank account and they deducted $110.00 out of my account after denying me flex pay approval. A manager stated that they would release the hold, but I have to wait for my bank to refund my money. This is an extremely unethical practice!!!! This is a way for HSN to collect interest on money that does not belong to them!!! If they are not providing me with a product they should have never touched my account!! I am highly upset! This was my first and last time ever shopping HSN!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I've always been a great customer. I was trying to order for Christmas, I get approved for credit card because obviously credit is good. Well, did not know my addict daughter had ordered using my address and now she is incarcerated and can't pay her bill so we are being punished. It's my home, I own it, not my daughter. As if we as parents aren't being punished enough from her addiction! They said they would unblock address and never did so I chat with rep and she tells me I have to call in AGAIN. I tell her I already did... either unblock and deal with my daughter as the adult she is or close my accts... guess what they did? Closed them. Didn't even try to keep us as customer. And now I shall tell my colleagues who will tell their colleagues and so on and so on, DO NOT SHOP AT THIS PLACE! There has got to be something wrong with a company punishing a customer because someone else didn't pay but used your address.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I ordered a package and added upgrading shipping on 12/20/17 to ensure my package would arrive by Christmas. I looked on my account for updated information and my package stated it would be delivered on the 20th. However, UPS said it had been rescheduled for the 26th. I was reassured that UPS hadn't updated their information and it was not a priority to do so, but that my package would arrive on time. Of course, it did not. HSN and UPS passed the blame back and forth and I did not get my package on time. Was very disappointed in HSN. Usually I do not have this problem. Not sure if I will order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I had ordered a item for a Christmas present for my dad and it said it would be here by the 22 of December and was tracking it when they change the date to the day after Christmas! I would have never ordered it if I knew they was going to do this date change. Needed it before Christmas and they said it would be here by the 22nd! Won’t make the mistake again! Just won’t order from them ever again! That’s for screwing up my Christmas HSN.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Order a today's special on the 6th of December. It spent 12 days processing. I logged into my account on the 18th to find my order had been cancelled so I speak with customer chat who tells me I would need to call the verification department. The number she gave me rang once and went to a voicemail. I call the main HSN customer service number to verify this was the correct number. Finally got in touch with a customer rep within the verification department. I knew I was going to have problems when the rep didn't seem to have all her information correct. She continued to call me Shawn and Shawna when my name is Schyler. I corrected her numerous times.

She also said I had cancelled my order of two Macbooks which I clearly had not and also had only ordered one. She bounced back and forth as to why the order was cancelled. First it was they couldn't verify my phone number was registered to me (I was calling from the said phone number). Then it was because my billing address was different from the shipping address as well as the names. I tried to explain to her that the billing and shipping were different because it was a Christmas gift so of course the billing name and address would be different from the shipping.

She then proceeded to tell me that my account has been blocked because it raised a red flag with their fraud department. There was nothing she could do to help me. When I asked when I could expect my full refund of 1394 because I paid for my items in full? I was told normally it doesn't take this long but they ask for the customer to allow 1-30 business days for the pending charge to fall off their account. I guess it was fate because I purchased the mac for 949 on sale but Best Buy had it for 799 as of today so Christmas was saved. Will never do business with this company again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I placed an order for two laptops and set up on FlexPay. When I tried to finalize the order, it was denied and cancelled at the same time, but $130.00 was taken from my bank account. The company took the money out of my account. I called them---all of this happened within 20 minutes---to find out why was it taken out. I got a lame excuse about... They know but the visa company does that and it will take up to 72 hours to reverse that. HSN... that is a bunch of crock and you know it. If you were going to deny me, you should have NEVER taken my money in the first place. THAT is BAD BUSINESS.

IT happened right then, and that is not fair to the customer. I would not be surprised if you have a class action suit on your hand. This is an unfair practice that needs to be change. I never received goods in hand, and neither was the order shipped to me, and I was not approved. This puts a hardship on me especially around Christmas to wait on my money to be refunded to my account.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Sales hosts are constantly encouraging shoppers to buy risk free at super low price to get it home now. Problem is they never mention that return shipping is the responsibility and they offer no flat rates... so weight can certainly cause return shipping to be astronomical. They offer no physical locations to drop off returns for free. Totally misleading and certainly very risky! Much lower risk so astronomical. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE... IF SOMETHING IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE... IT IS. Completely unacceptable for a company who expects you to shop without ever seeing the product first. This lousy return expense is how they discourage returns.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I ordered a game system for my son. Tried to use the FlexPay option and was told that I don’t qualify for FlexPay. Checked my bank account and saw that I was charged the full retail value of the item plus the FlexPay price. Now I’m out 700 dollars for at least 72 hours for an item I’m not going to get.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

My review has nothing to do with the item but with the HORRID delivery service from HSN!!! I ordered on 12/04 and I PAID FOR OVERNIGHT DELIVERY FOR $30 and guess what?? Today is 12/07 and still not a package! Thank you so much for completely ruining my husband’s birthday gift. I'm glad his birthday was two days ago and I'm still waiting for you clowns to deliver my product.

The online chat service was awful. For some reason it would always say "failed server cannot receive or send in chat". I called customer service. I asked why the delay was so long, they said because it's a "big ticket item so they needed to double verify the purchase". BULL!!! I paid for the item, they certainly had no problem taking the money and when I was asking why I was never notified of the delay they said it was an error. Excuse after excuse for this joke of a company. I will NEVER purchase another item from QVC. I'm glad it's 7:30. Two days AFTER MY HUSBAND’S BIRTHDAY and I'm still waiting. Poor excuse for a company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I saw so many complaints like mine so what has been done about it, apparently NOTHING AT ALL. I ordered my kid a game on HSN for Christmas on flex pay. I am disabled and have a VERY low monthly fixed income. It took the last 75 bucks I had to get it but I was ok with it. Until they canceled my order for no apparent reason and also now been 4 days and my money has not been refunded. They are full of crap.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I begin using HSN approximately 6 months ago. Always paid on time. Made a $900.00 purchase, paying it off early. Attempted last night to make a another large purchase using their flex pay option. Was told that I wasn’t eligible for flex pay option. No reason was given, Customer representative said she didn’t know from looking at the account. Spoke to a supervisor who was unable to give me any further information. So with that order the same item from QVC without a problem.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I recently called to purchase an item from HSN. During the call the agent says that my billing address is blocked. I have a pack mail account. It seems that someone else from the same address (there are about 200 boxes) committed some type of fraud so they blocked THE ENTIRE ADDRESS! (Not just the box number.) I contact HSN customer service and am told, if I want to order anything EVER from HSN - I can always go to my bank and have MY billing address changed. WTF!!! I did nothing wrong, but I am expected to change my entire freaking life so HSN can be happy?!! I do not recommend purchasing from this Company as they truly do not give two craps about their customer base... And, I live in Florida.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I purchased this laptop in early September, 2017 and have never been able to use it. I should have returned it within the 30 days which was my mistake. However, when HSN informed me I had to contact HP for warranty issues I got a big surprise. The year warranty only covered 50% of the laptop and I had to purchase a repair/warranty plan to cover the rest. When I purchased the item from HSN, I was told and it was clearly stated in the sales pitch on TV, I had FREE tech support and did not have to worry about anything if anything went wrong with the computer. HSN has washed their hands of this and basically don't want to be bothered. They treated me in a condescending manner and were not the lease concerned about the fact that I was promised something they did not deliver. I will never purchase anything from them again. They have lost a good customer.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I ordered an instaCHARGE after seeing the commercial. This device is supposed to give your phone a full charge within seconds. Four chargers are included in this purchase so for $40 I thought it seems like a great deal. I have never ordered anything over the television before since I am a Avid Amazon shopper. After three weeks went by I called and they said the item was on backorder but now it was in stock and it should be coming momentarily.

Another week went by it still has not arrived. I called and they said it would arrive in another couple days. My issue is that somebody should have called and let me know that it was on backorder. The lady on the phone said, "I'm so sorry that that happened. It should not have happened." In my opinion they should have waived the charges. I did not ask them to do so but I can tell that they don't have great customer service because a company that cared about their customers would have offered. So my first experience with HSN involved waiting a month to receive an item and receiving no correspondence and no call as to what was going on. I had to call a couple of times to find out the situation. I will probably not order from them again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I ordered a laptop on the 5th of November that was not available but yet I was charged for it anyway. I have been trying since the 5th of November to have the hold on my MasterCard removed. My bank only wants confirmation from HSN that the product was cancelled or voided. HSN keeps saying that they only have internal but no external email. My understanding is that some of the Supervisors do have access to external emails. I would prefer for HSN to just process a refund since they will not work by email with my bank.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

It was bad enough to have to create credentials over and over just to obtain an account but the one product I purchased was worthless from the start. I would never purchase another product of any sort, but buyers beware of electronics. No order number because their way of "fixing" my access evidently is to give me a new account with no history. The product worked badly but the return process was so cumbersome, I gave up. I recent attempt to get it to work in a limited fashion now reveals it is useless for anything since it will not charge (although it shows a connection) and will not turn on in spite of days of charging. It also came with nothing from the manufacture and my receipt does not even show a purchase date.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I ordered luggage which was repeatedly stated as being "carry on", plus 2 smaller pieces. The presenter, Samantha **, stated repeatedly how much she travels. When the suitcase arrived, it looked alarmingly thick for a carry-on. When I measured it, it is clearly NOT within requirements for carry-on bags. It was over 12 inches deep (9 is the maximum depth shown on every website that shows one). It is also far larger than the 45 inches around in circumference which one site mentioned as a possible alternative–it was 54 inches around. Any consumer who tries to carry this on will be required to check it. The company agreed to accept the return with no postage being paid from me. But many consumers could be caught in this trap of having to check their bag, as I was once in the past with a smaller bag than this one!

HSN Company Information