1.21/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

533 HSN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I purchased this laptop in early September, 2017 and have never been able to use it. I should have returned it within the 30 days which was my mistake. However, when HSN informed me I had to contact HP for warranty issues I got a big surprise. The year warranty only covered 50% of the laptop and I had to purchase a repair/warranty plan to cover the rest. When I purchased the item from HSN, I was told and it was clearly stated in the sales pitch on TV, I had FREE tech support and did not have to worry about anything if anything went wrong with the computer. HSN has washed their hands of this and basically don't want to be bothered. They treated me in a condescending manner and were not the lease concerned about the fact that I was promised something they did not deliver. I will never purchase anything from them again. They have lost a good customer.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I ordered an instaCHARGE after seeing the commercial. This device is supposed to give your phone a full charge within seconds. Four chargers are included in this purchase so for $40 I thought it seems like a great deal. I have never ordered anything over the television before since I am a Avid Amazon shopper. After three weeks went by I called and they said the item was on backorder but now it was in stock and it should be coming momentarily.

Another week went by it still has not arrived. I called and they said it would arrive in another couple days. My issue is that somebody should have called and let me know that it was on backorder. The lady on the phone said, "I'm so sorry that that happened. It should not have happened." In my opinion they should have waived the charges. I did not ask them to do so but I can tell that they don't have great customer service because a company that cared about their customers would have offered. So my first experience with HSN involved waiting a month to receive an item and receiving no correspondence and no call as to what was going on. I had to call a couple of times to find out the situation. I will probably not order from them again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I ordered a laptop on the 5th of November that was not available but yet I was charged for it anyway. I have been trying since the 5th of November to have the hold on my MasterCard removed. My bank only wants confirmation from HSN that the product was cancelled or voided. HSN keeps saying that they only have internal but no external email. My understanding is that some of the Supervisors do have access to external emails. I would prefer for HSN to just process a refund since they will not work by email with my bank.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

It was bad enough to have to create credentials over and over just to obtain an account but the one product I purchased was worthless from the start. I would never purchase another product of any sort, but buyers beware of electronics. No order number because their way of "fixing" my access evidently is to give me a new account with no history. The product worked badly but the return process was so cumbersome, I gave up. I recent attempt to get it to work in a limited fashion now reveals it is useless for anything since it will not charge (although it shows a connection) and will not turn on in spite of days of charging. It also came with nothing from the manufacture and my receipt does not even show a purchase date.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I ordered luggage which was repeatedly stated as being "carry on", plus 2 smaller pieces. The presenter, Samantha **, stated repeatedly how much she travels. When the suitcase arrived, it looked alarmingly thick for a carry-on. When I measured it, it is clearly NOT within requirements for carry-on bags. It was over 12 inches deep (9 is the maximum depth shown on every website that shows one). It is also far larger than the 45 inches around in circumference which one site mentioned as a possible alternative–it was 54 inches around. Any consumer who tries to carry this on will be required to check it. The company agreed to accept the return with no postage being paid from me. But many consumers could be caught in this trap of having to check their bag, as I was once in the past with a smaller bag than this one!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Well, let’s see. I received a beautiful gold pendant from my husband signifying he and our two sons, but the chain was too thin. Therefore, I decided to purchase a quality gold chain from HSN and was initially happy with purchase BUT after purchase in May (Mother’s Day) the chain simply fell off my neck in September (less than 4 months). When I called HSN I was told they do not guarantee the product, but I can go through the manufacturer. The manufacturer is requesting I mail them the chain (via my own funds) and provide them with $10 to ship me a new 14K gold chain. Hmmmmm, are they serious.

Secondly, I purchased a camera from HSN on FlexPay and as you can see by the attached images, the $500 camera is not worth a penny. I have not contacted HSN because my husband has had nothing but horrible service with them in the past and he has told me so countlessly. He is right, HORRIBLE PRODUCTS. My advice TO ALL is to simply pay cash for what you want and purchase from a reputable store that will guarantee their products, like Jared and Best Buy. By the way, this site (HSN) is asking for an order number to look you up, BUT if you have already purchased product and paid, then there is no way to retrieve an invoice or statement. Smart Seller, Dummy Consumer. DO NOT BUY FROM HSN, EVER!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

On January 3, 2017 I ordered a 3pack of Air Purifiers. On Jan. 13,2017 I checked the shipment tracking number. It showed it had been delivered around 11:00 AM. It went to the wrong address. I went to that address about an hour later and there was no package. I called HSN to tell them it wasn't there. They issued a refund and reordered this item. I gave them my address again and had them confirm it. It arrived 4 days later. I thought that it was all settled. However, on my September statement it was rebilled to my account. I called numerous times and told them it was wrong. They finally told me on the 4th or 5th call. I was told it was a UPS problem not theirs.

I called again on November 1, 2017 and tried to find out the UPS tracking number as I didn't have one because I never received it. As I was in the middle of the call I had explained I was disputing the charge. When I started to ask if they had the UPS information I was disconnected from the call. The customer service lady hung up on me. I have since called the bank that issued the HSN Credit card and told them I was disputing the charge and have not received a reply. The bank is Comenity Capital Bank. I am not getting anywhere with both these companies.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Frame and headboard not as pictured! Worst customer service - Sent something that did not look like the item. Not even the same color as the picture. Sent 24 emails. Sent Twitter messages and Facebook’s Angela would not sent a label or help with a thing! Nightmare company. Won’t ever do business with them ever again!! A true nightmare!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

When ordering an $800.00 TV I asked if HSN would have UPS hold the item for me to pick it up. I work plus was getting ready to go away for a few days, so I did not want to worry about a TV. They said fine. Instead, UPS tried to deliver the TV today. When I called UPS, I was told only HSN could direct them to hold the TV. So I called HSN, they said they could not help me, they could not ask that it be held at the UPS location, I had to be home for delivery! This is the 21st century HSN, people work, have lives, etc. I was left with no choice but to reject the delivery and tell HSN they lost a customer. I'll get my TV elsewhere. And they better not even think about charging me for shipping or returning the TV!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

About 5 years ago, more or less, I received a letter from HSN stating they could no longer be business partners with me due to extensive returns. This is after I had been a customer there since their premier, practically, and spent tens of thousands of dollars. I had recently been drawn to purchasing clothing from the Diane Gilman line and was having difficulty finding the right fit.

I called customer service, spoke to a person who was very nasty and treated me like a criminal, so I eventually hung up. I want to be clear, that I have never been late on a payment to anyone. In fact, I try to pay off my credit cards, in its entirety, upon receipt. Both my home and all cars are paid for. In other words, we have to credit problems.

Last night a friend wanted to order a gift for her daughter from HSN and send it to my home. She was denied. I even gave her my AMEX card to use, which has no balance, and she was denied. I just spoke to customer service at HSN. I was advised that my address is blocked from ordering PERMANENTLY. I asked if someone moved into my address after us, would they be able to order. She said they would have to show proof that I no longer live here.

OMG! I feel like a criminal. I returned items no more than 1-2 weeks after receipt. They were NEVER worn. They were wrapped and carefully cared for. I don’t understand why I'm being treated like a criminal. This is extremely embarrassing, especially for someone who is so responsible and conscientious about being on top of everything. I don’t want to give them any stars. I was not a new customer. I was a long time established customer. Let me be clear, I do NOT want to order anything from HSN. I just don’t think that my entire household should be treated like criminals.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I recently ordered a computer for my son on FlexPay which I'm aware that you don't need credit for. My debit card was charged and I got an email saying my order was cancelled. I called and the lady said she couldn't tell me why my order was cancelled but I will be refunded in 4-7 days. I wasn't happy about that. They had no business charging my card if they were going to cancel my order for no reason.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

So I was looking to purchase an item from HSN, I had did a guest check out with them. I had forgotten I had opened an account with them years ago. I was prompted with their flex pay option on the item, I opted to for the flex payments. My order had gone through and was processing, they deducted the money from my account even though when I spoke with the representatives they kept telling me they didn't charge my account. I could clearly see the charge on my debit card and now 3 days later I still haven't received the money back onto my account. They try not tell you up front why the order was canceled. You have to wait for a letter in the mail. Because I never bought anything with them, when I signed up they said my account was too new to qualify for flex payments.

The other big issue I have is they run a credit check on your flex payments was what I was told when I spoke with a representative. Why tell people that there is no credit check or anything of the sort involved when you obviously do. If I wanted another credit card I would have applied for one. Nonetheless they are taking their sweet time refunding my money and I do not like dealing with their customer service reps who clearly don't care about your situation or at least the two that I have spoken to. HSN you need to make it clear to people that flex pay isn't something you can use if you have an account you have never made purchases on. Also if it takes you less than 1 minute to deduct money from someone’s account it should take you 72+ hours to put it back.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Colleen Lopez gemstone sterling silver earrings - I bought a pair of gemstone and sterling silver earrings for $134. They are beautiful, but the clasp broke off after a dozen wearings, so NOT a good deal. Manufacturer offers no warranty, according to HSN, so HSN offered a protection plan for $12, as I recall. I didn't buy it, so now I can toss them or pay for repair. Be forewarned about buying jewelry on HSN; they don't have your back about shoddy merchandise unless you pay them to.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I am very upset and dissatisfied with HSN's lack of customer service in righting orders with missing pieces. I received my Wolfgang Puck 19-piece Stainless Steel cookware set and there was a lid that was the wrong size sent in the set for the "covered" soup pot. Of course I only discovered this when all of the pieces had been removed from the box and inventoried. I call HSN and they wanted me to repack everything back in the box to return it and they would send me a new set. I am not a professional packet so this was not an option for me. The set cost just over $300.

You would think that they could just send me the correct lid since it was their mistake but they would not do it. Today I received 2 6-piece towel sets that were $60 apiece and lo and behold there is a hand towel missing from one of the sets. I called HSN just a few minutes ago and they wanted me to do the same and send back the towels so they could replace the entire Set! I do not think this is a good customer service to your customers who spend lots of money on these products. I PERSONALLY WILL NOT BE SHOPPING WITH HSN ANY LONGER.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I have been buying from HSN for years and never had a problem. They have been prompt, helpful and let me know if an item is on extended delivery. With 30 days to return a product, I haven't had any trouble with returns.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I ordered an item using their Flex Pay option and submitted my order and money was taken out my account immediately! 30 minutes later I got an email saying my order was cancelled. I called to see why and they said it was due to Flex Pay eligibility. Well why not check to see if people are eligible before taking their money?? Anyways it has been 8 days and my money is still not back in my account. I contacted their customer service about the issue and they said “the initial payment was never deducted from my card”. Well clearly that’s a lie because it would not still be pending in my bank account. I just want my money back!!!

Original review: June 27, 2017

I went online to place an order through them as I have always ordered stuff through HSN. I got an error message prompting me to contact them about my account. I contacted them via Chat and was told my account was blocked because someone at my address did not finish paying for their flexpay items. I told her that had to be my 19-year-old son who has his own job, his own credit card, his own social security number, etc etc. She said does not matter. I said "but if you check my history I have never messed up a payment with your company". She said does not matter. I was appalled at their lack of respect for individualism. I even said what if I change the shipping address to my work address, she said "doesn't matter. Your billing address is still the same". So I have to suffer because my son cannot pay his account.

I told them that's not fair and all they said was, "Well tell him to call and fix it." Seriously? Here I am ready to pay for my purchase and you refuse to take my money or my business because someone in my house messed up? Makes no sense. I don't pay his bills nor should I be held responsible for his mess up. Creditors surely don't look at things like that. Whatever he did is his fault. HSN has lost a customer because they do not know how to treat people as individuals.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I placed an order for a laptop on HSN, selected 2 day shipping to get it to me. Never shipped and when I called, they blamed it on the vendor. I told them to cancel the order (btw, took an additional 2 days to get the order officially cancelled). Ordered a different laptop with 2 day shipping. Expected delivery day is today, but no product. This time the "supervisor" blamed it on the processing department. If you advertise shipping in 2 days with an expected delivery day, you damn well better hold to it.

Original review: June 20, 2017

It took 30 days to receive the product. Then on my 3rd use, the latch to let it up broke while I was getting out of my car in the rain. Now HSN says it's been more than 30 days so I can't return it & there is no way to contact the manufacturer about repairing or replacing it. I'm just out of $30 & probably will get sick from being wet.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I purchased an item from HSN. Was not satisfied with item and sent several emails with no response. Upon contacting via phone, I was refused a cash refund and offered credit toward a future purchase, only. In the meantime I was charged late fees on my Comenity-HSN credit card during my dispute. Once I finally received cash credit for the returned item it went to pay for late fees. I paid out money to the Comenity-HSN bank for late fees, but do not have a purchased item to show for it! Comenity Bank was awful to work with and will not make adjustments on account.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I tried to place an order on HSN which I've done several time before, Called HSN they would transfer me to customer service and hang up, after the fourth time I got the message same thing happened online. I called one last time to order a floor vacuum same thing happened, I called back and asked straight out why are they hanging up on me, she said nothing just hung up. They don't even have the courtesy to tell you why your account is cancelled. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Original review: May 18, 2017

In 2014, I purchased two Nuvision tablets for personal use. Along with the purchase of the tablets, I purchased an extended warranty for 3 years. The warranty was with a company called Asurion. I gave one to my granddaughter for her school work. I have sent my tablet to be repaired to Asurion 3 times and upon receipt back from Asurion after having been repaired, the tablet is no longer working. I have called them for the 4th time to obtain paperwork to return the tablet for repair. The Asurion technical support is totally unsatisfactory along with the QC department as their technicians are unable to make a simple repair. When I contacted HSN, they have washed their hands of the issue and passed me back to Asurion. I purchased the tablets from HSN, paid for the extended warranty to HSN, but HSN acts like I do not even exist. So much for customer service. If you are buying products from HSN, buyer beware.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I received the Joy & IMAN purse and the gold logo on the front was upside down. I called customer service, and got the classic answer that this has never happened before. I was told they would send a new purse, but I will have to send the defective purse back first. Very disappointed. Did Joy & IMAN get so greedy that they do not double check the output and only reaping the benefits???

Original review: May 5, 2017

On April 24 HSN was selling Roomba Vacs for a discounted price. I ordered one, got an order # confirmation at time of online order, all that. Vac was shown to be delivered May 3-4, 2017. I've been waiting for it to show up. It's May 5 now. I called 800 # to be told, "Oh it's waiting for you to call the fraud dept to protect you in your order!!!" What! Why?

Well I called the fraud dept to be told they had some trouble verifying information at time of order!!! What trouble! Couldn't tell me. Most importantly there is no Roomba vac to be had. If they were holding the order, why isn't there a vac on hold for me? Why didn't someone contact me? By phone? The order was found by my phone #!!! By email? Oh the guy said they didn't have my email!!! Oh yeah, HSN sent me an email!!!

As a first-time customer/buyer at HSN... I will never buy again!!! That's it! Bad business. BEWARE CONSUMERS... THEY GET ON TV AND SELL SELL SELL BUT CANNOT PROVIDE!!! There's nothing wrong with the verification. I called my bank. Never contacted them, no record of any contact by HSN. They just couldn't provide what they were selling. I'M DONE!

Original review: April 30, 2017

I bought an electronic item. I went on vacation. Never really had the time to look at the product. The product was still in its original box unopened. I called 55 days after purchase for a return. They are so strict with their return policy. It's not worth doing business with them. If the customer doesn't like the product, we take the loss. What's the purpose to shop like this. We take the risk and the loss. and they make the millions. HSN should have a better "solution". Give the customer 60 days or even store credit. I am out $90.00 but they'll be out a future customer and a bad review.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I had been looking through my HSN flexpay account and had a question about an item I had ordered. The lady on the phone was so strict sounding... Sounded aggravated at my question... So much so that I can't wait to turn off the HSN tv and pay off my bill!

Original review: April 21, 2017

Recently, I saw a ring I wanted to order on HSN. I tried to pay online and set up FlexPay. I received an error message stating my purchase could not be completed. I was instructed to call customer service. When I did, I had to go through the ordering process again. Then at the end, I was told my account is blocked since 2005. I had not placed an order with them in years! Now I am blocked? The rep transferred me to another department, where I had to place the order all over again. This time I was told I could not use FlexPay, but had to pay the entire balance. That was fine with me, as I really wanted the ring and had ample credit on my card. Yet, at the end of this time-consuming process I was told the item could not be ordered. That my account was closed and will remain that way.

What?! It took that long and that many steps to arrive at this conclusion? I am quite disappointed with this company. I have no clue as to what happened to cause a block on my account 12 years ago. Really isn't there some sort of time limitations on such an action? Is this a life-time block?? Seems like it. Quite unfair and poor business practices.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Didn't receive any return paperwork when item was received, called and was told to return to manufacturer warehouse which I did even though I thought odd when always before you would return to HSN and would receive their paperwork. Item was purchased on flex so after seeing my 1st flex reversed, threw away USPS receipt and credit card bill. For next 3 mos HSN started billing me again and refused to reverse because they said manufacturer hadn't confirmed to them item was returned. For 2 months it was back and forth between HSN and manufacturer who confirmed date they received item back but because manufacturer didn't confirm directly to HSN, HSN said they would continue to charge my credit card.

So if you the customer can't get their supplier to communicate correctly back to HSN it will become your problem and they will wrongly charge the customer. HSN never resolved the issue and it was only through my credit card that I received my credit back. HSN continued trying to bill me for the returned item and turned it over to credit agency. I closed my account and will NEVER purchase from them again. Over 2 decades I had spent thousands and thousands of dollars with them and they were willing to screw me out of $200 for an item I returned. They were not apologetic for their error at all and willing to lose me as customer, very insulting when you've spent so much money with them.

Original review: March 31, 2017

Frustrated. Been waiting all week for a tracking number on a Bose radio I purchased. My cc was charged on 3/28 Tuesday. It's now Friday 3/31 and no tracking number. The item still has not shipped. I was told initially I’d receive the product in 3-5 business days. Now we’ve already passed 3. I called CS and am told it’s 3-7 days from shipping. Not ordering. NOT WHAT I WAS TOLD. The "free" shipping means I guess when we get to shipping it. So now if it doesn’t go out today means it ships Monday. Earliest arrival would be Thurs if I am lucky and they’d be right with estimated arrival of 4-7. Otherwise I’d not receive it till potentially at 7 days till THE 10TH!!! Again in the days of technology and an in-stock item processing time this long and this delay in shipping is unacceptable!!! Makes me wonder if it’s worth purchasing future items. Not a great start for my FIRST TIME ORDERING!!!

Original review: March 24, 2017

Bought hoverboard in November 2016. Payments began immediately. December payment came out. January payment came out. Then I was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly after January payment. Worried about February payment, I called HSN in January, shortly after diagnosis. Absolutely wonderful on the phone with me, very understanding. Will hold back payment till March, even told me payment would come out between 20-23 and if I needed more time to call back. I thought how wonderful this company is, I told all of my family, friends, so on January 30, 2017 I had my lumpectomy surgery, and back to work 3 weeks later. On March 17, 2017 HSN took payment, earlier than said, but I was expecting it. BUT on March 21, 2017 another payment came out. 2 PAYMENTS WITHIN 4 DAYS.

Called HSN my account paid in full now, Thank god, asked HSN why this happened. Said because a payment was not made in February, explained my January call to ROBERT **. He told me I should have told them to take another payment in April, so 2 payments would not have come out in March. NO HSN should have told me that payment they held back for February would come out in March and another in March, So just to give an idea of what 2 payments in March cost me, $1.29 loaf of bread caused me a late fee of $28.00.

Like many people nowadays, we live paycheck to paycheck, that's why we opt to do flex play. My little circle of breast cancer women, have all agreed that what HSN did by holding back my FEBRUARY PAYMENT was aces, but to not tell me of back to back payments all in a 4 day span, APPALLING. I am not on facebook, but my circle of women cancer patients, have talked me into joining facebook to get this out there, which I will do. I will recover from this financially, as I will from the breast cancer, and HSN will go on. But if they lose a couple of customers, due to this, then it was well worth it. Of 12 of us with breast cancer, 7 of us have shopped with HSN, but no more. QVC here we come.

HSN Company Information