1.17/5
Based on 56 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

HSN

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 7, 2018

550 HSN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I bought 1 item under $100 this fall from HSN. I’ve purchase other things in the past with no problem. I stated I Did Not need flex pay. The amount due was under $100.00. I stated this expressly at time of purchase. I paid in full per 1st invoice. I’m getting billed for Flex Pay interest in a ZERO balance. And other charges by phone while I was out of the country on vacation. No one at HSN has been kind, understanding - and Comenity Bank is onerous and horrific with telephone calls that are threatening night and day.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

In October I purchased a Cricut Easy Press. Less than 3 months in it quit working. I have been trying for almost 2 months to find out what I need to do to get another and apply their extra warranty (2 years) I had purchased with it. No answer. I call and I get put on hold. Not a happy camper.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I received a very bad customer service from a representative named Sophie. She ended the chat with me without notice me. Be aware if you buy products from HSN. I bought a Hoover floor cleaner that left my floors horrible. Their products does not work as they show on tv. In addition, they charge me 9.95 for the shipping costs of returning the product. My daughter had to cancel her credit card with them because they often made charges in her account for extra fees, so if you have a credit card with them check your statement because they make charges without notice the customers. Their commercials shows that their products are awesome. Nevertheless, when we buy their products they are a fraud and we have to pay for the shipping costs of returning them. Definitely, I will never buy again another product from HSN.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

How can HSN put my selected item on backorder yet still offer the same product four days later as being available? I have not been charged. I have received that I can expect a delivery date of January 31, 2018. Yet today I see the same item, same models being advertised as a live show. On my account it is says "extended delivery". What does that mean? Why is HSN still selling a product that they don't have in stock, don't tell the buyer that it will be on backorder?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have ordered off and on from HSN for many years. I have not had much of a problem (with FlexPay etc.) as other reviewers have stated. It does make me kind of sad that so many are having issues because that is what may cause the company to fail unless they step up and address these concerns. I came to the page today because after ordering a laptop several days ago I was very surprised to find that the HP laptop I ordered was being shipped from a company called NEW AGE ELECTRONICS. This worries me a little. My new HP laptop should be shipped directly from HP? I looked up the company and it looks like they build new computers and fix and refurbish others (certified HP) - however, if I am not mistaken if HSN is selling refurbished computers they must reveal that to the consumer? I am not sure that it is but it makes me somewhat nervous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I attempted to order a two pack HP laptop deal on flex pay. They denied me the option for flex pay and canceled my order. I immediately checked my bank account and they deducted $110.00 out of my account after denying me flex pay approval. A manager stated that they would release the hold, but I have to wait for my bank to refund my money. This is an extremely unethical practice!!!! This is a way for HSN to collect interest on money that does not belong to them!!! If they are not providing me with a product they should have never touched my account!! I am highly upset! This was my first and last time ever shopping HSN!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I've always been a great customer. I was trying to order for Christmas, I get approved for credit card because obviously credit is good. Well, did not know my addict daughter had ordered using my address and now she is incarcerated and can't pay her bill so we are being punished. It's my home, I own it, not my daughter. As if we as parents aren't being punished enough from her addiction! They said they would unblock address and never did so I chat with rep and she tells me I have to call in AGAIN. I tell her I already did... either unblock and deal with my daughter as the adult she is or close my accts... guess what they did? Closed them. Didn't even try to keep us as customer. And now I shall tell my colleagues who will tell their colleagues and so on and so on, DO NOT SHOP AT THIS PLACE! There has got to be something wrong with a company punishing a customer because someone else didn't pay but used your address.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I ordered a package and added upgrading shipping on 12/20/17 to ensure my package would arrive by Christmas. I looked on my account for updated information and my package stated it would be delivered on the 20th. However, UPS said it had been rescheduled for the 26th. I was reassured that UPS hadn't updated their information and it was not a priority to do so, but that my package would arrive on time. Of course, it did not. HSN and UPS passed the blame back and forth and I did not get my package on time. Was very disappointed in HSN. Usually I do not have this problem. Not sure if I will order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I had ordered a item for a Christmas present for my dad and it said it would be here by the 22 of December and was tracking it when they change the date to the day after Christmas! I would have never ordered it if I knew they was going to do this date change. Needed it before Christmas and they said it would be here by the 22nd! Won’t make the mistake again! Just won’t order from them ever again! That’s for screwing up my Christmas HSN.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Order a today's special on the 6th of December. It spent 12 days processing. I logged into my account on the 18th to find my order had been cancelled so I speak with customer chat who tells me I would need to call the verification department. The number she gave me rang once and went to a voicemail. I call the main HSN customer service number to verify this was the correct number. Finally got in touch with a customer rep within the verification department. I knew I was going to have problems when the rep didn't seem to have all her information correct. She continued to call me Shawn and Shawna when my name is Schyler. I corrected her numerous times.

She also said I had cancelled my order of two Macbooks which I clearly had not and also had only ordered one. She bounced back and forth as to why the order was cancelled. First it was they couldn't verify my phone number was registered to me (I was calling from the said phone number). Then it was because my billing address was different from the shipping address as well as the names. I tried to explain to her that the billing and shipping were different because it was a Christmas gift so of course the billing name and address would be different from the shipping.

She then proceeded to tell me that my account has been blocked because it raised a red flag with their fraud department. There was nothing she could do to help me. When I asked when I could expect my full refund of 1394 because I paid for my items in full? I was told normally it doesn't take this long but they ask for the customer to allow 1-30 business days for the pending charge to fall off their account. I guess it was fate because I purchased the mac for 949 on sale but Best Buy had it for 799 as of today so Christmas was saved. Will never do business with this company again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I placed an order for two laptops and set up on FlexPay. When I tried to finalize the order, it was denied and cancelled at the same time, but $130.00 was taken from my bank account. The company took the money out of my account. I called them---all of this happened within 20 minutes---to find out why was it taken out. I got a lame excuse about... They know but the visa company does that and it will take up to 72 hours to reverse that. HSN... that is a bunch of crock and you know it. If you were going to deny me, you should have NEVER taken my money in the first place. THAT is BAD BUSINESS.

IT happened right then, and that is not fair to the customer. I would not be surprised if you have a class action suit on your hand. This is an unfair practice that needs to be change. I never received goods in hand, and neither was the order shipped to me, and I was not approved. This puts a hardship on me especially around Christmas to wait on my money to be refunded to my account.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Sales hosts are constantly encouraging shoppers to buy risk free at super low price to get it home now. Problem is they never mention that return shipping is the responsibility and they offer no flat rates... so weight can certainly cause return shipping to be astronomical. They offer no physical locations to drop off returns for free. Totally misleading and certainly very risky! Much lower risk so astronomical. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE... IF SOMETHING IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE... IT IS. Completely unacceptable for a company who expects you to shop without ever seeing the product first. This lousy return expense is how they discourage returns.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I ordered a game system for my son. Tried to use the FlexPay option and was told that I don’t qualify for FlexPay. Checked my bank account and saw that I was charged the full retail value of the item plus the FlexPay price. Now I’m out 700 dollars for at least 72 hours for an item I’m not going to get.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

My review has nothing to do with the item but with the HORRID delivery service from HSN!!! I ordered on 12/04 and I PAID FOR OVERNIGHT DELIVERY FOR $30 and guess what?? Today is 12/07 and still not a package! Thank you so much for completely ruining my husband’s birthday gift. I'm glad his birthday was two days ago and I'm still waiting for you clowns to deliver my product.

The online chat service was awful. For some reason it would always say "failed server cannot receive or send in chat". I called customer service. I asked why the delay was so long, they said because it's a "big ticket item so they needed to double verify the purchase". BULL!!! I paid for the item, they certainly had no problem taking the money and when I was asking why I was never notified of the delay they said it was an error. Excuse after excuse for this joke of a company. I will NEVER purchase another item from QVC. I'm glad it's 7:30. Two days AFTER MY HUSBAND’S BIRTHDAY and I'm still waiting. Poor excuse for a company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I saw so many complaints like mine so what has been done about it, apparently NOTHING AT ALL. I ordered my kid a game on HSN for Christmas on flex pay. I am disabled and have a VERY low monthly fixed income. It took the last 75 bucks I had to get it but I was ok with it. Until they canceled my order for no apparent reason and also now been 4 days and my money has not been refunded. They are full of crap.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I begin using HSN approximately 6 months ago. Always paid on time. Made a $900.00 purchase, paying it off early. Attempted last night to make a another large purchase using their flex pay option. Was told that I wasn’t eligible for flex pay option. No reason was given, Customer representative said she didn’t know from looking at the account. Spoke to a supervisor who was unable to give me any further information. So with that order the same item from QVC without a problem.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I recently called to purchase an item from HSN. During the call the agent says that my billing address is blocked. I have a pack mail account. It seems that someone else from the same address (there are about 200 boxes) committed some type of fraud so they blocked THE ENTIRE ADDRESS! (Not just the box number.) I contact HSN customer service and am told, if I want to order anything EVER from HSN - I can always go to my bank and have MY billing address changed. WTF!!! I did nothing wrong, but I am expected to change my entire freaking life so HSN can be happy?!! I do not recommend purchasing from this Company as they truly do not give two craps about their customer base... And, I live in Florida.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I purchased this laptop in early September, 2017 and have never been able to use it. I should have returned it within the 30 days which was my mistake. However, when HSN informed me I had to contact HP for warranty issues I got a big surprise. The year warranty only covered 50% of the laptop and I had to purchase a repair/warranty plan to cover the rest. When I purchased the item from HSN, I was told and it was clearly stated in the sales pitch on TV, I had FREE tech support and did not have to worry about anything if anything went wrong with the computer. HSN has washed their hands of this and basically don't want to be bothered. They treated me in a condescending manner and were not the lease concerned about the fact that I was promised something they did not deliver. I will never purchase anything from them again. They have lost a good customer.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I ordered an instaCHARGE after seeing the commercial. This device is supposed to give your phone a full charge within seconds. Four chargers are included in this purchase so for $40 I thought it seems like a great deal. I have never ordered anything over the television before since I am a Avid Amazon shopper. After three weeks went by I called and they said the item was on backorder but now it was in stock and it should be coming momentarily.

Another week went by it still has not arrived. I called and they said it would arrive in another couple days. My issue is that somebody should have called and let me know that it was on backorder. The lady on the phone said, "I'm so sorry that that happened. It should not have happened." In my opinion they should have waived the charges. I did not ask them to do so but I can tell that they don't have great customer service because a company that cared about their customers would have offered. So my first experience with HSN involved waiting a month to receive an item and receiving no correspondence and no call as to what was going on. I had to call a couple of times to find out the situation. I will probably not order from them again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I ordered a laptop on the 5th of November that was not available but yet I was charged for it anyway. I have been trying since the 5th of November to have the hold on my MasterCard removed. My bank only wants confirmation from HSN that the product was cancelled or voided. HSN keeps saying that they only have internal but no external email. My understanding is that some of the Supervisors do have access to external emails. I would prefer for HSN to just process a refund since they will not work by email with my bank.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

It was bad enough to have to create credentials over and over just to obtain an account but the one product I purchased was worthless from the start. I would never purchase another product of any sort, but buyers beware of electronics. No order number because their way of "fixing" my access evidently is to give me a new account with no history. The product worked badly but the return process was so cumbersome, I gave up. I recent attempt to get it to work in a limited fashion now reveals it is useless for anything since it will not charge (although it shows a connection) and will not turn on in spite of days of charging. It also came with nothing from the manufacture and my receipt does not even show a purchase date.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I ordered luggage which was repeatedly stated as being "carry on", plus 2 smaller pieces. The presenter, Samantha **, stated repeatedly how much she travels. When the suitcase arrived, it looked alarmingly thick for a carry-on. When I measured it, it is clearly NOT within requirements for carry-on bags. It was over 12 inches deep (9 is the maximum depth shown on every website that shows one). It is also far larger than the 45 inches around in circumference which one site mentioned as a possible alternative–it was 54 inches around. Any consumer who tries to carry this on will be required to check it. The company agreed to accept the return with no postage being paid from me. But many consumers could be caught in this trap of having to check their bag, as I was once in the past with a smaller bag than this one!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Well, let’s see. I received a beautiful gold pendant from my husband signifying he and our two sons, but the chain was too thin. Therefore, I decided to purchase a quality gold chain from HSN and was initially happy with purchase BUT after purchase in May (Mother’s Day) the chain simply fell off my neck in September (less than 4 months). When I called HSN I was told they do not guarantee the product, but I can go through the manufacturer. The manufacturer is requesting I mail them the chain (via my own funds) and provide them with $10 to ship me a new 14K gold chain. Hmmmmm, are they serious.

Secondly, I purchased a camera from HSN on FlexPay and as you can see by the attached images, the $500 camera is not worth a penny. I have not contacted HSN because my husband has had nothing but horrible service with them in the past and he has told me so countlessly. He is right, HORRIBLE PRODUCTS. My advice TO ALL is to simply pay cash for what you want and purchase from a reputable store that will guarantee their products, like Jared and Best Buy. By the way, this site (HSN) is asking for an order number to look you up, BUT if you have already purchased product and paid, then there is no way to retrieve an invoice or statement. Smart Seller, Dummy Consumer. DO NOT BUY FROM HSN, EVER!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

On January 3, 2017 I ordered a 3pack of Air Purifiers. On Jan. 13,2017 I checked the shipment tracking number. It showed it had been delivered around 11:00 AM. It went to the wrong address. I went to that address about an hour later and there was no package. I called HSN to tell them it wasn't there. They issued a refund and reordered this item. I gave them my address again and had them confirm it. It arrived 4 days later. I thought that it was all settled. However, on my September statement it was rebilled to my account. I called numerous times and told them it was wrong. They finally told me on the 4th or 5th call. I was told it was a UPS problem not theirs.

I called again on November 1, 2017 and tried to find out the UPS tracking number as I didn't have one because I never received it. As I was in the middle of the call I had explained I was disputing the charge. When I started to ask if they had the UPS information I was disconnected from the call. The customer service lady hung up on me. I have since called the bank that issued the HSN Credit card and told them I was disputing the charge and have not received a reply. The bank is Comenity Capital Bank. I am not getting anywhere with both these companies.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Frame and headboard not as pictured! Worst customer service - Sent something that did not look like the item. Not even the same color as the picture. Sent 24 emails. Sent Twitter messages and Facebook’s Angela would not sent a label or help with a thing! Nightmare company. Won’t ever do business with them ever again!! A true nightmare!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

When ordering an $800.00 TV I asked if HSN would have UPS hold the item for me to pick it up. I work plus was getting ready to go away for a few days, so I did not want to worry about a TV. They said fine. Instead, UPS tried to deliver the TV today. When I called UPS, I was told only HSN could direct them to hold the TV. So I called HSN, they said they could not help me, they could not ask that it be held at the UPS location, I had to be home for delivery! This is the 21st century HSN, people work, have lives, etc. I was left with no choice but to reject the delivery and tell HSN they lost a customer. I'll get my TV elsewhere. And they better not even think about charging me for shipping or returning the TV!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

About 5 years ago, more or less, I received a letter from HSN stating they could no longer be business partners with me due to extensive returns. This is after I had been a customer there since their premier, practically, and spent tens of thousands of dollars. I had recently been drawn to purchasing clothing from the Diane Gilman line and was having difficulty finding the right fit.

I called customer service, spoke to a person who was very nasty and treated me like a criminal, so I eventually hung up. I want to be clear, that I have never been late on a payment to anyone. In fact, I try to pay off my credit cards, in its entirety, upon receipt. Both my home and all cars are paid for. In other words, we have to credit problems.

Last night a friend wanted to order a gift for her daughter from HSN and send it to my home. She was denied. I even gave her my AMEX card to use, which has no balance, and she was denied. I just spoke to customer service at HSN. I was advised that my address is blocked from ordering PERMANENTLY. I asked if someone moved into my address after us, would they be able to order. She said they would have to show proof that I no longer live here.

OMG! I feel like a criminal. I returned items no more than 1-2 weeks after receipt. They were NEVER worn. They were wrapped and carefully cared for. I don’t understand why I'm being treated like a criminal. This is extremely embarrassing, especially for someone who is so responsible and conscientious about being on top of everything. I don’t want to give them any stars. I was not a new customer. I was a long time established customer. Let me be clear, I do NOT want to order anything from HSN. I just don’t think that my entire household should be treated like criminals.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I recently ordered a computer for my son on FlexPay which I'm aware that you don't need credit for. My debit card was charged and I got an email saying my order was cancelled. I called and the lady said she couldn't tell me why my order was cancelled but I will be refunded in 4-7 days. I wasn't happy about that. They had no business charging my card if they were going to cancel my order for no reason.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

So I was looking to purchase an item from HSN, I had did a guest check out with them. I had forgotten I had opened an account with them years ago. I was prompted with their flex pay option on the item, I opted to for the flex payments. My order had gone through and was processing, they deducted the money from my account even though when I spoke with the representatives they kept telling me they didn't charge my account. I could clearly see the charge on my debit card and now 3 days later I still haven't received the money back onto my account. They try not tell you up front why the order was canceled. You have to wait for a letter in the mail. Because I never bought anything with them, when I signed up they said my account was too new to qualify for flex payments.

The other big issue I have is they run a credit check on your flex payments was what I was told when I spoke with a representative. Why tell people that there is no credit check or anything of the sort involved when you obviously do. If I wanted another credit card I would have applied for one. Nonetheless they are taking their sweet time refunding my money and I do not like dealing with their customer service reps who clearly don't care about your situation or at least the two that I have spoken to. HSN you need to make it clear to people that flex pay isn't something you can use if you have an account you have never made purchases on. Also if it takes you less than 1 minute to deduct money from someone’s account it should take you 72+ hours to put it back.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Colleen Lopez gemstone sterling silver earrings - I bought a pair of gemstone and sterling silver earrings for $134. They are beautiful, but the clasp broke off after a dozen wearings, so NOT a good deal. Manufacturer offers no warranty, according to HSN, so HSN offered a protection plan for $12, as I recall. I didn't buy it, so now I can toss them or pay for repair. Be forewarned about buying jewelry on HSN; they don't have your back about shoddy merchandise unless you pay them to.

HSN Company Information

www.hsn.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use