1.19/5
Based on 61 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

578 HSN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 23, 2018

We bought 2 orders of Professor Amos. I received the orders but when I opened them up there were items missing. So, I called customer service and let them know what items I did not receive. I was then told they would ship my missing items to me. When the package arrived it was wrong again. Instead of receiving the missing items to my 2 orders they sent me another 2 orders. A few days after that I received a letter saying I had to pay for the 2nd 2 orders that were sent. There was obvious confusion because the letter also talked about how they knew I received the delivery. I never disputed that I received the delivery. The problem was my order was wrong!

I talked to a lady today and was told that even though I did not receive items that I played for I would have to pay again for 2 more orders to get what was missing from the first 2 orders. I was told they could not just send me the missing items because all orders are prepackaged & they cannot break them up! That was news to me because the first person I spoke with said they would send them right out. I have never heard of any company making a customer pay again to receive something that was missing from an order that they already paid for! That is completely outrageous. They were unwilling to make right what they obviously made wrong! I would not recommend ordering this or anything else from this company! To put it mildly They Suck! They want to rip off the little customers they have.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I recently received a letter from HSN stating that I return too many items. Are you kidding me HSN? You do realize you're an online shopping company. There is no way I'm going to know the quality or fit until I receive it. I will never shop at HSN again. You let some goofy company talk you into treating your customers like criminals. Good luck with that approach. #IHateHSN

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I called HSN to order a laptop. The representative talked me into getting the HSN credit card. Said I would get the laptop cheaper. I went online to pay the credit card bill before it was due. Then I got a bill that included late fee and interest. I called HSN. I was told that they could see on their screen that I had given them my banking account and routing number. However, an additional button didn't get pushed and it didn't go through. Therefore I owe interest and penalty. I told the HSN credit card rep that I had in good faith attempted to pay my entire balance in full before the due date and asked that they accept my payment and not charge interest and penalties. She said no. If I didn't close my account they would remove part of the charges.

Fine, but I still wanted to pay off the entire balance which I did. Then I got another bill for more finance charges. I called again. They refused to remove the charge. I was told that even though I asked to pay the entire balance, they did not take the entire balance and I needed to pay yet again more interest on the interest. This laptop that I was told would cost less if I got the HSN credit card has cost me dearly. All HSN needed to do was to accept my payment in full and credit me for the penalties and interest. They could have made me a happily returning customer. Instead they choose to lose one over their own greed.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I ordered jeans through a customer representative more than three weeks ago with the promise that they were indeed available and would be delivered within seven days. I called HSN today and was first told that I had returned the item. After being transferred to a customer service representative, I was told that they were oversold and were not available when I purchased them with no option for backorder. This is not the first time in the last two years that I have made a purchase only to learn weeks later that it was never available. When I have received merchandise, the quality of the clothing was so poor that it was unwearable, and every item purchased in the electronic category fell apart within the first few months. The tv sales people misrepresent inferior merchandise enthusiastically which you may return for a hefty shipping fee. I regret not checking reviews before wasting money shopping with this most dishonest company.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I contact them about a Joy Mangano purse that was tearing apart on the handle, and they denied I bought it. They told me I had to take a picture of the purse & email it to the company that handles Joy Mangano's merchandise. Also, I bought a Samsung Galaxy TracFone from them and it will not work after only having it 3 months. Tracfone will not warranty it because it was bought through Home Shopping Network. They are dishonest and I will never buy anything else from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: June 27, 2018

I purchased multiple items on HSN and wanted to cancel one of the items. I went online, to their website the same day, a mere hours later and there is no way to cancel. There is no cancellation button. I searched to find instructions, and the site has nothing listed for a cancellation. They only list info on returns. Is this even legal? I am a customer of theirs for many years.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We returned over 550.00 worth of junk from Nov and December 2017. They still have not given us credit. It notified Comenity Bank, their credit card we have thru HSN, to take these off our bill. I have been fighting with them for a year, even with sending certified letter, even to the president of HSN. They just told me today, that after over a year, we get credit for one item. All of us should file a class action lawsuits against HSN. Do not deal with them.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I have bought & loved HSN items for yrs... Well, I'm one of the thousands of people that gets a letter from them saying they have closed my account for too many returns. This is SICK! I have never used or worn a item that I have returned. If I take a item out of the packaging I never rip the bag, or box that it came in, never!! I also know that it is ** about if you open a item they cannot resell it on TV. It goes to their outlet for sale. I can't tell you how many items I have received that I KNOW have been OPENED or TRIED ON BEFORE. Several times I have ordered shoes. The paper that is in the box is all wrinkly & torn, more than 4 times, I know these have been in someones home & hands & feet before me. What a crock!!! Other items I have also ordered I know have been opened & tried on, & maybe even worn.

HSN ALSO NEEDS TO STOP SAYING WHEN THEY ARE PITCHING A ITEM, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RETURN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE. DUH!!! No they just close your account. Well I really like about 5 brands they sell, Wolfgang is one of them. So now If I see something I want I get my sister, a cousin, a aunt, or any other friends & family member to order it for me. I really do not like giving them any more of my money, but I really like some of their products. But, they do need to shut up about the 30 days return!!! They need to say if it does not fit or you do not like it, you have 30 days to return it, & then we will close your account with us. So sign me up, I'm another customer that HSN has so much money they do not want any more of my money!!!

Original review: June 9, 2018

Being a Canadian customer, I ran into payment problems as HSN does not accept Canadian credit cards. I called and a rep lady said "all you need is an American credit card. Do not worry about the name". So I get my cousin from US to give me the credit card, and I call back with new information, but they say my cousin needs to call. So, my cousin creates the account and calls, places the order (shipping to me), and the order apparently goes through. The next morning the order gets cancelled, because of some weird verification process. My cousin calls them, and they want her to speak to customer service. The customer service says the item does not exist. SCREW YOU HSN! If you did not want to sell the item, you should have said so 2 days ago. Waste of time!!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

My sister died 8 months ago. As the executor/trustee of her estate, I contacted HSN to ask what the balance was on her account. One of their tricks is the recurring payments plans, and we kept getting multiple bills for single payments for various items. I provided them with the death certificate, asked for the full and final balance, was given a number, and paid it. That was in December. It is now June, and I am still getting these onesy-twosy bills, despite repeated calls to them informing them that she is deceased, that there is no legal obligation to pay them, and that I am just short of contacting an attorney and suing them for harassment. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I dont write many reviews. But I feel compelled to share this one. On June 5th I ordered two coins from HSN for my collection. I learned they charged $12 shipping and handling for each. (Bad!) I then got a 15% off offer for my "next order." I then ordered 9 more of the same coin. I entered the 15% off code at end of checkout. Then I learned HSN only did the discount for one coin and charged me $12 each for the other 8. So in doing the math $12 X 11 coins = $132. Wow!

I called HSN customer service and complained and they told me "that's how work." So buyer beware with HSN! Every other seller I've dealt with would combine all items and apply reasonable shipping and handling, not for each item. I believe as a consumer this is misleading with the offer of 15% off and not apply it at checkout and also the shipping and handling they charge is a scam. That's where they make extra gauging money from consumers. Pity that this is allowed! Any input? Am I wrong?

Original review: June 3, 2018

Be very careful when ordering from HSN on the "flex" payment plan. Their site is designed to confuse you and ability to overcharge you. If you try and pay off your balance, they still continue to charge you a monthly payment. I am done trying to get my payment back from them. Should have refunded me $7.50 but instead took out another payment and told me my balance is -.85 now. I know it's not a lot of money, however, when they do this to 100 people, it adds up.

I referred a family member to HSN and their first experience was horrific. Their customer service department was extremely rude to this 85 year old woman! She always ordered from QVC and I told her about HSN! Big mistake! I will never watch, order anything from them again. I contacted them and their customer service personnel are combative, not a good business practice. You want customers to return and continue to order from you, not get so frustrated that they write unsatisfactory reviews! And to argue with a customer over $7.50! That proves what a small minded company is all about.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I bought my phone and received a Samsung Galaxy 7. Within a month I had problems. I called technical support and spent 2 and half months trying to fix my existing phone to no avail. Then as always I had to go to Target and use their phone to fix mine. This time on getting the 2nd level technical Roman said a new phone would be sent. After a week I called and was told that I would receive it Tuesday May 29th by 8 pm. No phone so I called Wednesday and was told to send my phone back and then they would send the new phone. I told them I could not be with my health.

After 2 days of calling and telling them I would have to go to another phone service and get service right away and leave TracFone. They said ok. I have found the techs to be rude liars about being managers. The last being Adrian at Thursday May 30th at 6pm a 2nd level tech. My family and friends cannot believe all of the problems I had trying to be loyal to TracFone to no avail. This company cannot be depended on for product or service.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I received an email from Dr. Brandt company on May 24th they were having an event at HSN that evening. I phoned HSN to inquire in the afternoon and they said they could place the order for me over the phone at that moment. It was only $7 off the MSRP. I placed but never received an email acknowledgment of the order. When I opened my email the very next day Dr. Brandt Company sent me an email having a 40% off sale sitewide which would have been a much better deal on the same product (Dr. Brandt No More Baggage). I phoned HSN this morning as I have not received any shipping and my credit card was charged on May 24th. They said they made a mistake in my email address and that it takes a while to receive. Supposedly will be delivered today. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM HSN AGAIN! Horrible customer service and I paid $10 more for the item than I would have if I ordered directly from the company the next day.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I called and asked about a pressure cooker on sale and Ordered what I thought was one at the end of April. However, it was just a part that goes with it. I returned it. I was checking online and saw I had a balance for $32.00 dollars. The item returned was for $22.00. I called and they said it was a late fee and I had to pay for the shipping even though I had received a return label. It is not even 30 days since I return the item and I am charged a late fee. I just yesterday got the bill in the mail. They said there is nothing they can do about it. I will make sure to tell the over one thousand followers on the internet about HSN.

Original review: May 18, 2018

The customer service is deplorable! I DO NOT recommend this retailer, they ship damaged product, provided a song and dance to return faulty products, lie about how they will remedy the problem and still require the customer to jump through hoops to get a refund. After ordering $246.62 in origami shelves in February 2018, they arrived and were so damaged and bent that they could not be locked into place or used. After 3 call and getting lied to and the runaround. UPS was superposed to pick them up. I spoke to Linda at ** to resolve this problem - at first it appeared to be helpful; however, UPS never picked up the shelves and according to Linda the request was made 3 times.

At this point, I just want my refund and to move on, but that is not going to happen. Now it is the end of May 2018 and this problem is still going. After calling Linda today and letting her know the credit for damaged shelves is still not there, she became very snippy and rude. Then told me to call 1-800-284-3900 and ask for a Customer Accounts Supervisor. That was a bold face lie! Again the runaround because they cannot and will not do their jobs! So, 4 months later I am still getting the runaround on damaged product they sold. DO NOT buy anything from HSN! They do not operate with morals, honor or ethics. Their behavior is shameful and disrespectful - shop elsewhere so you too do not have these problems!

Original review: May 14, 2018

Feb 20-23 ON HSN I purchased a Univision desktop $159... +25.95 ins. from HSN. Within 3/4 days I put return label on and dropped off at a UPS in Everett, MA 02149. I RECEIVED NO TRACKING # JUST DROP OFF AS IT SAYS ON HSN'S RETURN POLICY ONLINE. I WAS NEVER CREDITED just REFUSED MY CREDIT. They used the excuse they did not received it but I followed their easy return policy.

When I called first they said without a tracking # they could do nothing but their return says NOTHING about getting tracking #. Just says leave it at any UPS or give to a UPS driver but nowhere does it say get tracking #. Show me where it says get tracking #. So I just did what refund policy says dropped it off at a UPS. NOWHERE DOES SAY GET TRACKING # which it should say that you need TRACKING # but I believe that UPS did delivery it back and they made my $$$$ because it had NO tracking # or someone in the return center just kept it!

Original review: May 8, 2018

I was shipped a set for The Best of 2018 Pictured Rocks Lakeshore 5 pc Quarter Set on 4/10/18. It has been lost in the system and nobody seems to be able to help. I called HSN and was told that HSN has no extra sets to mail me. All they could do is refund my money. History: I have been collecting these quarters for a few years to have a complete set of uncirculated quarters and now I have an incomplete set, basically worthless except for face value. I contacted UPS, the original company set to deliver the package, they shoveled me to the subcontractor for deliveries, the USPS and they have not delivered the package. It has been almost a month since the package was received in the immediate vicinity.

The service at HSN is unacceptable. It is unreasonable that HSN does not have extra sets available in case of situations as mine. I have canceled all future shipments, canceled my account with them and will no longer do business with a company who has no regard for the customer. I highly recommend any future potential customers of HSN reconsider ordering any coin sets. You will never have a complete set and therefore you would be wasting your good money. I will be writing additional reviews as much as possible to get the word of caution out to others. Do not order coin sets from HSN.

Original review: May 5, 2018

HSN experience was great, start to finish. I’d rather shop at a store, where I can actually see/Touch an item. However, the bracelet looked terrific, on tv and when I received it, I was happy with it.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I bought a Dell Inspiron with 12 gigs ram and AMD8 chip. They sold this with 24/7 lifetime remote access tech support. Less than 2 years later, that tech support is gone and replaced HSN tech support. 5 days a week, 9-5. Horrible. One of the main reasons for this purchase. Then on Google it reports this Dell is inherently defective. Betting both HSN and Dell knew about this to offer it for sale. Mercy.

Original review: April 25, 2018

HSN claims to have lifetime tech support but that tech support is useless. It is a lie! My laptop's operating system failed and HSN tech support told me to call Microsoft so that I could re-purchase a new Windows operating system. They would not provide a disc or key to reboot. First they said they could not find the order. Then when I supplied the emails confirming I bought this $700 laptop from them tech support said call Microsoft. When I said I should not have to buy an operating system I already had purchased they HUNG UP!!!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I spent $149 on a Patricia Nash handbag that was on one of HSN T.V. programs and on a special price. The purse is nice, BUT when I tried to order the matching wallet for $49, it was sold out in the purse color. When I emailed my disappointment, I was told basically “we’re so sorry about that”. Today I went on HSN’s website to write a review and wasn’t able to get it to work after assigning myself a “nickname”.

I also noticed the wallet that matches my purse is on Backorder, and if I ordered it, will be sent as soon as it comes in... For the full price of $69! They ran out of the wallet on the night of the TV show because they didn’t order the same quantity as the purse, and that’s their mistake. I feel I should still have been offered the TV Special price.

In addition, after I emailed them about these two issues, I was told via email reply, that since I bought the purse as a GUEST, not registering for a regular account, I wasn’t entitled to submit a review of my Patricia Nash purse! I have NEVER ever encountered such a thing. In all online transactions, I am able to submit a review for a product that I bought. Every time. I bought the product; why shouldn’t I submit a review of same for others who may be considering buying the same product? I never buy something online UNLESS I read all the reviews from others who have bought the item.

The reply to my email ignored my comment about not being offered the matching wallet at the TV Special price THAT I TRIED TO BUY AFTER WATCHING THE SHOW, but couldn’t because it was sold out. No mention was made on the website about it being on backorder and that I could order it then, probably because they didn’t want to sell it at the TV Special price. Funny, I am not considered anything but a guest who has no review privileges, but they send me daily emails advertising the goods on HSN. I guess my money is good enough to spend on HSN, I just can’t review my purchase. Because I bought it as a GUEST!

Original review: April 23, 2018

MULTIPLE CHARGES!!! (13) to be exact, happened as a result of me trying to place a simple order for Today's Special, A Canon All-In-One Printer for $59.00 on 4 easy flex pays. Both my Bank Card statements show MULTIPLE CHARGES and no ONE, not even a the 2 Supervisors I spoke to could help me with the madness nor did they seem to care, They were simply concerned with defending HSN.

The first card was declined yet held sufficient funds. I tried using a second card against my better judgement, and the same thing happened again which I was able to see on my 2nd card statement the next day. Every HSN rep. I spoke to even denied that there needed to be some investigating done in their billing department when I suggested that they either needed it. I will no longer be a HSN customer!!! HSN sent 3 printer and left me to be responsible for the return. My vehicle gas, my time, and they shipped to the billing address when specifically told to ship to a gifted address in another state...

Original review: April 16, 2018

Sorry I had to give HSN a 1-star rating when in fact it should be no stars at all. This company is an absolute rip-off!! HSN is affiliated with Comenity Bank and it doesn't matter who you pay your bill to, they will tell you that there is "no payment" or a "late payment". Their whole payment options is designed to confuse the customer & make the customer pay more and also hurt the customer's credit. BE WARNED: DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: March 26, 2018

I purchased a computer in November 2016 with LIFETIME support. I was lead to believe this support would resolve any issue I had with this computer during my lifetime. The computer started to fail in January 2018. I called HSN and was told they sold their Tier1 Support to a new company. I was transferred to this company who could not provide any customer support other than telling me the same information I could find on the internet. I called HSN to seek a refund of my computer (either a new one or refund my purchase price). HSN customer service supervisor told me the computer was not covered beyond fixing malware, viruses, etc. The HSN advertisement indicated when I purchased the computer I would never need to call anybody else to keep my computer operating efficiently. My suggestion to anyone purchasing a computer from HSN with support. DO NOT purchase it. They don't provide support!!

Original review: March 21, 2018

A Discover Card customer service rep called to ask me if I placed an order for a piece of fitness equipment with Home Shopping. I did not, and was relieved that Discover checked with me. The person who tried to place the order was going to have the item delivered to my home, which is disturbing. I had to cancel my Discover account and get a new card/number.

Fast forward a few months - I tried to place an order for sandals with HSN, only to be told I had to speak to a Customer Service person. The Customer Service person informed me that HSN could not ship to me due to the Discover card issue. I explained that it was a fraud case, that everything has been cleared up, and I have a new Discover card. She then told me that they could not ship anything to MY ADDRESS! I couldn't believe it. I asked to speak to a manager, who basically told me the same thing...sorry, but my address has a 'do not sell' attached to it, so I am not able to order. I tried writing to HSN to let them know this was not fair, but to no avail. I guess I don't spend enough money there for them to clear up this issue. Unreal.

Original review: March 7, 2018

THE HSN ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT IS EXTREMELY INCOMPETENT. I stupidly ordered gifts from HSN because I didn't check consumer ratings first. I had ordered, received and paid for a Ming 5 Qt pan with fry basket in September of 2017. In December 2017, I ordered again for Christmas. HSN double shipped me that large order when the Christmas order was late and assumed lost. I had ordered another 5 Qt pan with fry basket for my daughter in the Christmas order. When the double shipment arrived I ended up with 3 of those pans, so I promptly returned one (item order ending in #**) but kept the rest of the double shipment for gifts. HSN refunded the 5 Qt pan I returned. Unfortunately, nothing in the double shipment I kept ever showed up on my online account's Flex Pay page. They just kept charging my card but there was no way for me to track it. I was supposed to trust them to charge me correctly.

Frustrated, in early February I called them and they assured me there were only 2 more payments due period for $19.98 each on a double shipped skillet. Fine. NOW, in March 2017, they are taking $45 out of my account without my permission, claiming it is for a $39.95 item in the order ending in #** (that had been paid in full two months ago -- my daughter's Pan). They say there was a double refund accounting glitch where they refunded something on the double order they should not have (item #**). That's a lie. I appropriately had only one refund on my bank account and that was for the #** double shipped item I returned. IN OTHER WORDS THEY ARE STEALING BACK MY REFUND ON AN ITEM RETURNED 3 MONTHS AGO while claiming they had issued a refund on a different item by mistake. They did not issue a refund on another item!

They will not send me an account ledger and are too incompetent to audit my transactions correctly. They had purposely not listed the double shipped items on my online flex pay account page BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT AND TO KEEP ME IN THE DARK ABOUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING. They know I can't afford to sue them over $45 even though I believe altogether I believe it may be more than that but there is no way for me to audit what they have done. BUYERS BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I understand there are company protocols, but HSN has the worse accounts receivable possible along with a non-friendly automated system that does not transfer you to a human. For several months I have been battling late payment fees that were charged, in error, to my account. I had my bank call them directly to confirm that the payment was received on time and why were they posting it later and charging me for their mistake. Then their automated system closed my account, in error, so at the time of the call which included my bank HSN could not assist with crediting the late payment fee. I was told to call back in a week.

I did and spoke to a representative who was very empathetic. She transferred the call to a condescending supervisor (named Cortez). Who told me to pay my bill earlier than the bill date and to go ahead and send in a letter with proof to dispute the late charge again. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE FOR OVER THREE MONTHS! Unacceptable, I am done with HSN. Paying them their late payment fee and moving on. There are so many other competitors...

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I bought 1 item under $100 this fall from HSN. I’ve purchase other things in the past with no problem. I stated I Did Not need flex pay. The amount due was under $100.00. I stated this expressly at time of purchase. I paid in full per 1st invoice. I’m getting billed for Flex Pay interest in a ZERO balance. And other charges by phone while I was out of the country on vacation. No one at HSN has been kind, understanding - and Comenity Bank is onerous and horrific with telephone calls that are threatening night and day.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

In October I purchased a Cricut Easy Press. Less than 3 months in it quit working. I have been trying for almost 2 months to find out what I need to do to get another and apply their extra warranty (2 years) I had purchased with it. No answer. I call and I get put on hold. Not a happy camper.

HSN Company Information

www.hsn.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business