1.25/5

642 HSN Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2019

First I want to thank the HSN team; for caring enough about their customers! To provide such an excellent, very sufficient and durable product! Second, the fact is; American Electric Lawn Mower, is the best product I have ever bought, besides the Worx Jaw saw! They are equal!! Better than my car! Third, and most importantly! Read every instruction slow, and over again! Until you understand them! I love its style and size. Which makes mowing fun, easy, and glides right into places, that gas mowers can't go! Raising mower to top lever! Cuts four inches or more. Weeds, like paper! I was shock, and my heart full of peace and joy!

American is very light in weight! It doesn't stall like some mowers, on high weeds nor tough grass! I recommend this mower for every one who had to cut grass! Nice color! Very easy to assemble, and requires a heavy duty 100 ft. orange cord for outdoors. ETL Intertek 3121738 10A 120V 1250W. One mistake I made! I took my eyes off the cord for a second. The blade is so sharp it cut the cord super quick into! I thank Our Lord Jesus, that he touch my son's heart, to send me another one, from Amazon! Another good store. They take good care of their customers as well! So make sure you get a Prime membership, as soon as possible, if you don't have one! You will need that membership in the future. Saving on free shipping; and many other benefits!

I will be honest. I mowed with my right hand, and use my left hand to keep the cord from swing under the mower. The blade is very good! Super sharp! So I took my time. American also, mows backwards as well! Cutting well with no problem! I kept stepping on the cord, cutting the mower off. You will become an expert! Maneuvering that cord! That's a bigger job than cutting the grass. So you have to take your time. Keep your mind on keeping that cord away from the blade. Let it cut off right away if you see it's almost going under the mower! Don't try bending to stop it, just let go the hand petal! Have fun. I did! Monday was my third time cutting! The yard looks great! Thanks to HSN team!

Original review: April 7, 2019

I ordered this phone from HSN and it was shipped 2 days later and received within the same week in perfect condition. Customer service was great when I emailed them with a few questions. No problems at all, although checkout via PayPal made the order a "guest" order instead of an order under my HSN account so that was weird. Otherwise no issues.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Wow. My experience(s) shopping at HSN was very different from most of the reviews here. I've shopped with them twice and both times I was exceptionally pleased with my purchase! If it wasn't for HSN flex pay my daughter wouldn't have had a very good Christmas last year. So allowing me to pay monthly for the laptop she wanted was a godsend! I'm very appreciative!

Then about a week and a half ago I purchased a Samsung Galaxy TracFone that ended up with a cracked screen and I was really hesitant contacting customer service because most places won't fix something like that. It's more of a "you're ** out of luck" issue. But I reached out to customer service anyways thru live chat on their website and immediately after explaining my issue I was told they sent out another phone and emailed me a prepaid shipping label to return the one with the cracked screen... no questions asked! I can't speak for everyone(obviously) but I'm VERY happy with HSN! I will definitely be shopping with them a lot more in the future!

Original review: June 22, 2019

I had been a customer of HSN for several years and was a credit card holder for about 2 years. I ordered several things throughout the years and paid them off. When I went to payoff my account I noticed they cut my credit limit 550.00. I called their customer service and they had no explanation. Only that I would receive a letter in 7 to 10 days for the reasoning, well, that never happened. I paid off the account and closed my account. I was good customer, and was a little disappointed about the result, HSN and their affiliates will never get another penny from me.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I ordered an item as a gift for an elderly friend who was bed bound. I live in Illinois and she lives in NYC. My friend received the wrong item. If I wanted the correct item sent the wrong item had to be returned. To return the item my bed bound friend would have to have someone repackage it and bring it to the Post Office. HSN would not pick the item up for the return. I would have to pay for the return shipping if I was to have USPS or UPS pick it up from her apartment. The supervisor told me if someone could bring the item to her they certainly could bring it to PO office for the return. He was very, very rude and sarcastic. They shipped the wrong item and we were responsible for the return. Worse customer service ever. I do not recommend ordering anything from them. I was treated very poorly. There was not even an apology for their mistake. Stay as far away from HSN as possible!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: June 3, 2019

I placed my first order on a Friday and then I got an email saying that I needed to verify my information. Firstly, he assumed I was a female when I am male, 2nd he didn't ask any information of me at ALL! He asked for my phone number and said it wasn't on my account. I had called to place the rep put my area code wrong by one number, 3rd the guy had the worse attitude and was like "I find reason to believe you are not who you say you are because my sources show you as 90 years old" and then starts laughing! If you see your "sources," I'm in my late 20s!!! When I called the lady asked for my SS and DOB to see if I qualify for the credit card which was fine so that alone shows my DOB, age, sex, etc.

The guy was beyond rude and was like "well I'm canceling your account and your account is goooonne! Ok?" I have never ever been spoken to the way he spoke to me. I then tell him how did he verify my information when he didn't even ask for anything, and he continued to to say "well, I don't believe you. Your orders canceled and I get the final say and I say no. So I have nothing more to say to you so have a good day." Then he hung up I me. I am beyond appalled by this! I'm glad I'm not doing service with them. I'm glad I'm getting my money back. Looking at the reviews, I would have probably got a defective 2nd hand piece of crap anyways. I requested a supervisor to call me so I'm going wait on that and I hope that guy gets fired! Not professional, rude, and awful company altogether.

Original review: May 29, 2019

So disappointed in HSN. I have been a customer for 20 plus years. Never missed a payment. Always paid more than due. I tried to order the TSV online and a message kept popping up, "Problem with account contact customer service." When I contacted customer service I was told that someone who had not paid their bill had used my address as a delivery address. Since I live alone I explained that was not possible and I have never received an item from HSN that I had not ordered.

They refused to take my order saying I could not place an order until they got it straightened out which they would place an investigation that would take 7-10 days, in the mean time my account would stay frozen. What a lack of professionalism and the representative was aggressively RUDE! So I cancelled all my auto ship orders, paid my balance of $7.95 and ordered their TSV Special from Amazon. It cost me $5.00 more but shipping was free not the $5.95 HSN charged so I saved .95.; Very sad about not ordering from HSN anymore but I pay my bills on time, have been a good customer for many years and felt this unfair and offensive. So much fraud these days as I told the rep someone may have pulled my address from the phone book! Life will go on without HSN. Amazon free shipping and next day delivery is the way to go!!!

Original review: May 24, 2019

This is my last ever buy from HSN!!! Never ever I have such horrendously expensive experience!!! Stay away. Their PC are slow and what ever they set on TV it's very rarely true!!!! I had to pay expert to let me know that PC is useless, slow and have problem with speed and hardware, and I need new computer on top of all of that!!! NOT WORTH MONEY I SPEND AND THEY PROMISE HP HELP. EVEN BIGGER LIE!!!! Never ever I will buy anything from HSN!!! I would give them -10 stars if I could. PC under warranty and they refused to take it back!!! $600.00 is a lot money for useless lie and bad pc. I have receipt.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I guess HSN buys their products at a flea market for resale at 10 times the price. This was the second (AND FINAL) order I have placed with HSN for electronics - BOTH times, the merchandise was received a day late (despite getting charged for next-day shipping) and BOTH TIMES the product received DID NOT WORK!!!

$200 for a set of Bluetooth headphones...(I've since learned that the same product is on Amazon at $150) and THEY DON'T EVEN TURN ON!!! Products sent to the poor, stupid customers at price-gouging rates should at least be checked to see if they work!!! I'M A FOOL FOR EVER DEALING WITH THESE CHARLATANS.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Despite having credit to use on my HSN credit card, it is being declined, and NO one can tell me why! I feel helpless. How can that be! This is my money we're talking about. I have called Comenity Bank (who offers the credit card to HSN customers) several times today and once yesterday. I have spoken to 2 HSN Customer Service Representatives and 2 HSN Senior Account Representatives. I have even done a three-way telephone call with the bank, HSN and me - TWICE! Comenity Bank states that my card is "golden", "in the green" and "good to go". The bank said the same to every HSN representative and senior account representative we talked to.

I even had one of the senior account representatives try to place/push an order through for me (over the phone), hoping it would unclog the system, fix whatever is wrong with my account or provide him with information that would explain this situation. When he placed the order, he, too, received the same error message, "card declined". Naturally, I want to know why, so I ask! Why? His response (with the bank on the same call), "I don't know why". Huh? The bank was on the phone at the time and, again, said there was no reason he or I should be unable to place an order and that there was no reason I should be receiving that error message!I

I'm ready to pull my hair out. NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHY!!!! How can a senior account representative NOT know WHY. I don't think that is an acceptable response. This is MY money we're talking about here. The bank says it's HSN and HSN says it's the bank. I have never had this experience. I have never in my life dealt with a merchant who just totally could not help me or provide a reason why my account would not work. How do I know that my card hasn't been compromised? I asked the supervisor that. No response. I'm at a total loss; and, since it's dealing with money (my money), I'm very concerned that NO ONE CAN HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I purchased a $39.99 chandelier, was told it would be mailed in about 3 days. Well I received an email A WEEK LATER stating my pkg was returned. So I contacted HSN, was lied by the rep which stated the post office had returned the pkg, I was given two WRONG TRACKING #s, so I filed a complaint with USPS, I was just informed by USPS, that the tracking numbers are NOT TRUE #S. I just tried contacting HSN with efforts to speak with a supervisor, was told they're having tech issues, NO ONE CAN HELP ME to call back. THE PKG NEVER LEFT THEIR SHIPPING DEPT, HSN CANCELLED MY ORDER WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION. This is really not good business practices, to lie outright to the client. All along I thought the postal service had returned my pkg. I was deceived by HSN, and now can't get anyone on the phone to give me straight ANSWERS.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I recently made my first purchase on HSN. The item stopped working within 30 days and I returned it. However, when I received confirmation of the return, more than 30 days has elapsed. I received an invoice for a $30 late fee on an HSN credit card I had not applied for. I contacted HSN to dispute the opening of a credit card and was advised I had consented by ordering and returning the item. I declined to pay the late fee. They immediately made a negative report on my credit report at all three credit reporting agencies.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I recently returned a top I purchased that was supposed to be a small but it was way too large, which should have been obvious to anyone looking at it. At this time I also purchased a set of small Crock Pots, one came dented, I was told there would be a charged to return them, I only needed one and the dent was small so I kept them.

When I receive my credit card statement I was surprised. Although I made the purchases at the same time, I was charged separate shipping fees for both, I also received a return charge of almost $8 for sending the top back. Since I haven't been satisfied with other products I purchased for them I decided to cancel the account. Not sure how they stay in business but their practices are horrible.

Original review: April 19, 2019

This company has some big balls. I ordered a tablet and printer trying to use the flex pay option. It takes you all the way thru the order process you think your order is going thru and then they deny you the flex pay.... But here is the kicker. They actually charge your card for the flexpay and taxes and shipping and in my case that was 405.00 dollars. You must be ** kidding me.. They have the balls to deny the flexpay and still charge your card. I'm glad I checked my bank statement on my phone app after they denied me.

I called and had them reverse the charge immediately because that was 405.00 dollars that I could not spend until it was reversed back on my account. ".... Don’t waste your time. I make good money and always pay my bills.".... Use Amazon's 5 payment option. On Amazon if you have had an account for a year they have products that you can pay over 5 months span. I bought a laptop from Amazon using the 5 monthly payments. Screw HSN. They suck. Just look how many one star reviews they have..

Original review: March 30, 2019

Twice, I have ordered one item from HSN. The second time, I only ordered from them because I couldn’t find my desired product elsewhere. The first time, I ordered one item and approved payment thru PayPal for one item. They sent and billed for 3 items. The second time, I made sure I didn’t order anything recurring - only one item/one time payment - and they sent and charged for four.

They have different billing names they use to somehow fool PayPal. HSN sends an email confirmation right after you order, showing the correct number and the correct payment - and then within 24 hrs - they send about 3 more emails, using a slightly different corporate name - like HSN1 or HSN LLC. When you are busy and glance at emails, you think it’s just part of the order confirmation, shipping, tracking process that every legitimate company uses. But no - they are actually creating as many additional orders as they think they can get away with. I have blocked them on PayPal now, and have sent a dispute to PayPal. Getting thru to HSN customer service online or in person is a never ending circle to nowhere. Do NOT order from this company.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I called 2 days after my final bill was due and asked them if I could pay all that is due and close my credit card. I made payment, they closed my card and didn't tell me that they were charging me a late fee. 2 months later I got a notice that I had a $27 late fee for my $27 late fee. I called them to tell them I already settled and closed my account. They indicated that there's nothing they can do about the late fees since the account is closed. I reluctantly paid again. This stupid Fire TV that I bought from HSN ended up costing me about $300 which is $100 over retail. I will NEVER do business with these shady people again!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased HP Laptop 17 inch on 11/2/2018. Three months old and it fell apart. It literally started falling apart after a week. It's in 2 pieces. It's too top heavy and falls back and then start to come apart. I did not drop it or break it. HSN has it advertised with 1 year warranty. HSN does not have any warranty and they tell you to call HP. After waiting on hold for 2 hours HP will not take back w/out payment of 299.18. I tried talking to HSN and they could not help me. The laptop is not even paid for. It's 3 months old and fell apart. I went to HSN and tried to write customer review but the system will not let you. HSN needs to stand behind warranty. They will do nothing. I have had a lot of laptops but never had one fall apart. I am actually on my old one now.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I purchased a blender - the next day I changed my mind and called in and was told that I could not cancel the order even though it had not shipped. They stated "order was processed" cannot cancel the order. I went online to track the order. However the website stated no order had been made. Customer service representative stated HSN allow cancellation only the same day - however you must cancel by 9 pm PST.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

We've had the dreadful, and not to be repeated experience of ordering two items from HSN. Their website is not only ugly and cluttered, but the slowness of the site is unbelievable. Navigating the site practically requires a Google map. Because we had no luck with garnering the info we sought, we had the equally dreadful experience of phoning. The hold time was interminable, and both reps were apathetic and borderline rude. As they say, "Everyone's entitled to one mistake", this was ours that day.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I purchased a Teeter from these people. From the start to the end of dealing with the customer service people via phone and email about problems was a nightmare! I will never have any dealings with HSN again...avoid buying from them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I was trying to purchase an Xbox one on payments for my sons birthday. They took money from my bank account and declined me. I sent a msg through chat to find out when the money would be released. And it depends. They should not take your money and hold it if they cancel your order. That's fraud. They should be reported to Attorney General!! Will never try and buy anything from them again!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

The live chat doesn't work so don't waste your time! I had to stay on hold 18 minutes and was advised to call back tomorrow! The last time I purchased something from here the quality was absolutely dreadful - a very inferior fabric that pitted the first time I washed it. If you have a problem the customer service will not help you. HSN use to be really great but no more. Oh well, the way I look at it I saved a bunch of money by not ordering from them! They will rip you off and double bill your credit card, so consumers beware of HSN!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

HSN takes too long to fulfill and ship. I just ordered a product and it will take 4 days for HSN to get it out of the warehouse and another 7 days to get it to my address. This is with a $5.00 shipping charge on a $30.00 product. HSN cannot compete with Amazon in fulfillment of orders nor shipping speed. This is unacceptable in today's online shopping market.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I contacted the billing dept. because I was given a late fee after making a payment at 7:30pm NYC Time, the rep said it was 8:30 where the billing is accessed. I spoke with Shalea who said, "Sorry - we cannot remove the late fee since you was given credit in 2017..." WTF??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME, IT'S 2019. I asked for a supervisor-spoke with Clarise, and Abby who said, "SORRY WE CANNOT remove the late fee..." NOW I'm HOT!!! Asked to speak with someone else in a higher position, I spoke w/ Bernice --- SHE APOLOGIZED AND SINCE I've been a valued customer, she was able to remove the late fee. WHAT A SHAME, NO ONE ELSE was able to see that I've been a valued customer. Be a smart consumer and take your business elsewhere. NEVER AGAIN, I'm closing this account-thank you Amazon, HSN just lost my business.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

December 2018 Ordered a RING Security device, UPS sent it back to HSN mid-December. Called HSN the same day to cancel my order and report it was being sent back. Was accused of stealing the product, was told up until January 25, that it had not been received. Was told by a representative that I was going to have to pay for the device because I had the device. She stated that UPS stated that the device was delivered to me and the device was signed for. Mind you, I called UPS Corporate to have the device tracked and they stated it went back to HSN. I called HSN back, your rep. stated that I was not getting a credit for the device until I returned the RING! Okay, this is when I knew I was in trouble and I needed to document everything!

Later a representative told me I was getting credit for the device, again (was told at the beginning I was getting credit for it). Was sent a letter from HSN stating, that I was not getting my credit until I give back the device! Accused by customer service representatives of lying just to jeopardize my integrity for a RING Security device. I learned that UPS had returned the device to HSN and HSN scanned it, and received it by January 16, 2019. February 2, 2019! Spoke to the credit card people to close my account with HSN. Spoke with your representative to tell her what I had been through and she apologized but something tells me the level of abuse projected towards me, the disrespect and downright bullying by the reps. towards me is the norm. Yeah, I am so done with HSN! I will be purchasing it directly from RING or Best Buy this time. HSN you all need to clean your act up!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

On January 9 2018 I was watching HSN on TV with the coin collector advertising a complete set US Silver Eagle dollar set in MS69 AND certified with 9 special P and S mint marks. This program was to be a monthly debit of $69.90 total per month. I called the 800-284-7171 number and placed the order for the set and gave my credit card information. I called on 1/31/19 to get the status of the set but was told the order was nowhere to be found under my name, phone number or customer ID. They dropped the ball and never placed the order. Now the set is not available anymore. Extremely poor service in handling this order that they clearly dropped the ball. When you are paying for something that is a good amount of money one would think they could get it right.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Beware. HSN charges you a fee when products are returned. I was charged $7.95. I was completely unaware of this charge as the hosts are always saying you could return it for a full refund within 30 days...minus a "restocking " charge! Never again. Many other option to choose from.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

BEWARE I ordered 7 items from HSN on the same day. I was charged separate shipping and handling for all 7 items. The items were not shipped separately. The items were combined into one shipment. WHAT A RIPOFF.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I ordered the CHI Air Spin n Curl Ceramic 1" Rotating Curler a few weeks before Christmas. On air they promised delivery BEFORE Christmas. I received it the 28th of Dec. I packed it up and put the shipping label they provided. I took it to the post office and mailed it. When I didn't receive a refund I called and was told they had no record of receiving it. I had my receipt from the post office WITH the label # on it. They said basically it was my fault for not having a tracking number. You cannot tell me they cannot track it through their own number. It was a $99 item which I will be billed for over the next few months. I will NEVER purchase another thing from them. Also, I sent them 3 emails and never received a response. Buy from QVC!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I recently purchased the ZooMe flex mobility scooter. I determined that it would not suit me and discovered that the return label only had half of the information needed to return it. I called HSN for a replacement prepaid return label, which I was told, would take 5-7 business days. I instead received a letter from HSN implying that it was outside of the 30 day return period. I called HSN immediately and was told to call the company that made the scooter in order to return it! I called the drive company who referred me back to HSN. I demanded that HSN send me the return address in writing, since they won't send out a replacement prepaid label and now say that I must pay to return the scooter... Which will takes another 5-7 business days! This is totally unacceptable. With all this back and forth, the 30 day return period could lapse!

HSN Company Information