Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

HSN Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: March 30, 2021

I just cancelled my HSN card. The billing department has been a complete nightmare. The HSN people do not communicate with the Synchrony Bank people. They provide incorrect information, then try to tack on fees. HSN has good products, but unfortunately, I'm parting ways with them. Get some structure people. I wish you well.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Sold defective Amazon fire tablet---HSN had extreme long hold times due to COVID, and finally got ahold via CHAT with Amazon and they told me that the device sold to me by HSN is defective. By time I figured this out, it was past the 90 day warranty and purchase return timeframe, but had it not been COVID, I would have been able to learn that it was defective during the return period. I had been trying to find out the issue with the back facing camera that HSN advertised that the tablet came with, since opening the package, and had no idea it was defective. With COVID, HSN should be working with customers, and HSN should go back to their vendor that they purchased the defective product. Apparently others have had similar issues as can find reviews about this same issue online. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HSN--VERY SHADY PRACTICES AND DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Got a fraud alert on my debit card last night about charges that I did not make. 3 charges were made yesterday for a total of roughly 250.00. Just got back from the bank and it's all straightened out. But here is what's suspicious to me, and in my opinion is how this happened. I purchased a home air purifier on HSN (home shopping network)on Monday. It was delivered yesterday, the same day as the fraudulent charges. I have not used my debit card at all for two weeks prior to my purchase on HSN. So in my opinion this fraud occurred because I did business on HSN. I believe had I not done business on HSN this fraud would have never occurred. This was the first time I have ever ordered from them and it will be my last time. I am making this post to warn people. Don't buy from or trust HSN or this may happen to you too!!!

Original review: March 11, 2021

Yesterday I ordered a Bose Wave IV system paying in full through a verified PayPal account hooked to my bank account. PayPal pulled from my account and notified HSN that the funds were available. After this HSN cancelled my order. I called to find out why and I was told there was a verification issue. They had my email, my address and my phone number, yet never attempted to verify anything with me. They had not released my money with PayPal. They wanted me to speak with verification. I said no, but I want my money back. She claimed to release it and it would be available in 72 hours. This is not done by reputable companies.

Note that the product is just over half of what it is anywhere else. They cancelled the order, but never released the funds back to me until I called. I don't think they have a quantity sufficient to meet the orders they have and I have doubts that product is not refurbished. I told them I would be contacting the NYS AG and recommend others that have problems with this company notify their state AG. There are multiple signs of fraud. I will never order anything through HSN again. And until I get my money back, I can't order from anyone else. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We ordered a recumbent exercise bike two weeks ago for a delivery date for Feb. 5th. I was checking order status and the order wasn't found on their website. I contacted customer support, but the line immediately disconnected after several attempts. I began a chat session. While they found my order, the rep. advised me there was an unexpected order delay. No reason or no ETA. The rep. said they escalated to management, but wouldn't even offer me any time frame. She said, unfortunately, they won't respond until the item is available. I told them that what's unfortunate, is they lost a customer. I canceled the order and found the exact bike on a competitor's site that was $30 bucks cheaper. HSN's customer service is horrible. They will not contact or update your order status. Instead, they feel letting the customer hang indefinitely is acceptable, which is not. Avoid shopping here!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Some of the worst customer service. They cannot answer a simple question. I placed an online order #**. The next day I received an email that my order was cancelled. Within the email it said I made 2 purchases when I only made one. I originally spoke with their customer service rep Susan T who said that my order was cancelled because I used FlexPay & the item didn't qualify for it. I alerted her that I didn't use flex pay & that I paid for the item in full. I then looked into my bank account to see that there were 3 separate charges from HSN. Susan told me that I would have to call the verification department. I did so & got the really rude Lisa who talked over me & after I questioned as to why she wanted my home address, she would not help me any further.

There was no need for it since I used my business card that is linked to my name & business address. This is my primary card & I use this card with just about every one of my purchases with other business'. So this business should be no different. I also use this address since I'm here all day & would rather have my deliveries come here rather than sit in front of my house all day. I even clicked the area that said the address was a business address. The nasty Lisa would only say that I would have to talk with customer service since I was unwilling to answer her questions. Meanwhile customer service told me I had to call the verification department. I was just asking why she needed my home address. Either way the call was abruptly ended.

I then called customer service again & spoke with a supervisor who again could not answer as to why I was charged for 2 items when I only ordered 1. Nor could she explain why I had 3 separate charges on my bank account. She released the funds, but now I have to wait for the 3 separate changes to clear up in my bank account which could take 3 to 5 business days. So I have to wait for my money on something that was their error. Either way, this was my first & last time ever ordering something from this company. Never again. With service like this, I'd be better off paying more someplace else. At Least then I wouldn't have to play 20 questions after using my own business card.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Purchased a HP laptop that included a matching mouse. Contacted HSN and they referred me to HP. Gave HP the model and serial number of the mouse and they told me it does not exist after 1.5 hrs on the phone. They tell me to contact HSN, so I did. HSN says it not their problem and I should have purchased their protection plan. TERRIBLE BUSINESS!! Our family has spent thousands with HSN, but no longer. They lose our business over a $20 mouse.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Customer Service is very poor. I ordered a laptop computer only to find out days later that it had been cancelled for no reason. When I inquired about why I was not notified I was told that it was not HSN policy to notify customers to let them know. The representatives seemed unbothered and unconcerned. When I asked for a corporate number and an address to contact someone to write about my experience I was told that no one will contact me back and that they have no one else I could speak to. I am extremely disappointed by the level of service and it was indeed a blessing in disguise that I did not receive the computer, because had something happened later on down the line, the service would have been terrible and no one would have assisted me. I will take my business elsewhere where customer service is honored and very present.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I placed an order for Cricut Infusible Markers, set of 30. It was expected to arrive in 3-7 days from the date I ordered. Today is day 7 and I reached out to customer service via Chat. The order has not even left their warehouse yet. It’s still sitting in “Packaging” where it has been from day 2. I requested that they cancel my order since it hasn’t even left their warehouse and the woman told me that I CANNOT cancel. If I had read the reviews beforehand, I never would have ordered from this company. They should not be allowed to take your money and sit on your product for as long as they do. If the item has not shipped, it should be canceled if I choose to do so. I will NEVER order from this company again. Not worth the aggravation. I will be putting up scathing reviews everywhere that I can. Shame on them.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

HSN does NOT have a free return policy as we have been led to believe. Had I known beforehand I would not have purchased a Stand Mixer that I'm not in love with. They don't even have a flat shipping rate that would at least help defer some of the cost. NOT PLEASED AND WILL NOT SHOP HERE ANYMORE.

HSN Company Information