HSN

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I order some things on the HSN app. It duplicated my order, unbeknownst to me. I got the e-mail that it had shipped and that is when I found out everything was duplicated. I called customer service right away, and the agent told me he would send a return label to me for a large piece of furniture that had been duplicated. Today I received the items, but not the return label so I called again. This time I am told I am responsible for the return shipping because the other person I spoke to was "new and not well-trained". So now I have to pay to return this heavy furniture piece, even though I didn't order it.

They are crooks! I got on their automatic payment plan, where they took the payments "directly from my bank account" and they still! charged me $37 in late fees each month! As they explained it... After the fact... I would get 2 late fees until my account is current. How is it Late? You guys are taking the payments out! My monthly payments were $37 and the late fee was $37. WHAT CROOKS!

I understand Finance charges because I still have a balance, but Late fees? And these Late Fees are on my credit report! My credit report show non payment for 2 months! Why would I get on a payment plan, where I would still incur Late Fees? That is NO PLAN at all! I could have just made the minimum payments! At least my principal would have went down.

I ordered a TV from HSN website with FlexPay option for 4 monthly debits from my debit card. The first payment was to be 99.00. I received a confirmation email with an order number. Then less than 1/2 hour later, I received another email from them saying that my order was cancelled with no reason listed. I then checked my bank account and found they debited 100.01 from my account. Now 3 days later it is still taken out of my account, even though they had cancelled my order right after receiving it.

My money should have never been debited since they cancelled my order, right after ordering! I had emailed them that same day they took my money & demanded they refund my money, since the order was immediately cancelled by them! But they never responded. I am on limited income and cannot afford money taken from my account for something I will never receive due to them cancelling the order! Now I do not know how to get my money back from them and my bank told me they cannot do anything about it!

Like many other people I believed that HSN was similar to QVC. The headphones I wanted were cheaper on HSN than QVC so I proceeded to go ahead and ordered them. HSN charged my credit card and then canceled my order. How shady is that?! I contacted customer service and all I was said that I wasn't qualified for the easy pay option. I wasn't even trying for the credit card, just easy pay like QVC. I am highly annoyed at this company. If there are terms and conditions for easy pay outside of their card then they really should state it. Or at the very least NOT CHARGE my credit card for an order they were going to cancel shortly after. I am super not happy about this! How can you run a shady business like this? Save your time and frustrations for another company. NEVER shopping at HSN again!

Placed an order online, the order was cancelled immediately by HSN. But my credit card was charged anyway. I was told the card was not charged but my bank account reflected something different. This charge has been stuck in a pending status for quite a while. I called customer service twice, both agent were anything but helpful. I will be reaching out to the Attorney General on this one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

I ordered 2 blazers, 1 sm. exercise machine. By, phone I gave them my credit card number and placed my order. Order arrived with 2 pairs of vintage skinny jeans that I didn't order. Called them and was told it looked like I received another person's order and to send them back. I then realized the blazers weighed 6 lbs apiece and to hand wash only and dry flat. I am 77 yrs old and there is NO way I can accomplish that. Then I received a billing that I owed them 247.76. Called them and was told the order was placed on a HSN charge account.

I told I never opened an HSN account but didn't get anywhere with that. I was told I was credited the 108.94 for the jeans I didn't order. Was told to return blazers. They charged all these items including the wrong shipment to me. Was told there will be NO refunds or credit given. I have to use my credit of returned items totaling 247.76 toward a different purchase with them... This is a con. I never opened an account with them. They took my credit card number with the intention of not using it and opening an account with them unbeknownst to me!!!

This is the 2nd time I have ordered online. Used the FlexPay only to see in my bank account where they have taken the full amount! When I call to complain about it they always say "oh no, there isn't A FlexPay on this order unless you use our HSN card." Well I used my HSN card last Christmas & I believe I was charged twice. Some items I paid for right out & others used my card. SO am paying it off & closing that out! Regardless they seem to be tricksters. But when I complain which I have only done the 2 times they pulled this they do nothing to resolve the problem!! They think I want the product so badly that I will shut up & pay it!! Not this time, we have QVC, SHOP NBC & A couple more so they can't strong arm us! DONE HSN, DONE!!

I ordered a laptop 1 month ago. Not only was the laptop that was sent to me used, it was the wrong model number and specs. They offered to exchange it once they got the one they sent me back. They sent me a return shipping label in the mail which took almost 2 weeks to get. This fist gentleman I spoke to, should be fired first and foremost, accused me of trying to scam them out of a laptop. He was rude and he actually yelled at me. So I waited 2 more weeks and kept checking my account balance for a refund which never posted. I finally called and they said they forgot to put in the computers that they receIved the item and give me a refund. This whole time I'm still waiting for the replacement laptop which is now out of stock. The lady I spoke with was very short with me and I literally had to ask her to at least make me feel like I'm being treated good.

This company is a joke, the employees are worthless other than for a nice greeting and their electronics are the broken, old, used trash that the large retail stores can't sell. They take advantage of their customers and you need to do more work than should ever need to be done when trying to purchase a product from them. They simply don't care, and if you call them out on their mistakes they get very offended. I spent at least 10 hours of unnecessary free time dealing with this issue. At the end of this all I am out of hours of my time and best part is a month I still got no laptop, and no credit. Please do not shop here. You will regret it.

I ordered a TV 2 weeks ago 43 inch GXP. I received it 7 days later only to take it out of the box and have it badly damaged, cracked. Nothing visible on the screen even though the television was apart. I called in to Customer Service. Reported this error. She told me to send the television, that they would send me a return label. It will take 15 to 21 days for me to receive that but the customer service rep said it should be there before then. She told me she ordered another television to be sent out to me ASAP.

I check my order status 5 days later. It says "Processing" so I emailed HSN only to get an email back to say that they were sorry about my television and one will be sent to me. After that I get an email saying that my order was canceled so I called. I speak with another rep. She tells me that there were two TVs ordered by accident so one of them they had to cancel. Continuing asking questions about my television she told me that my new television will not be sent out to me until they receive the damage television.

By the way they still have my money. I still don't have a label. I still don't have a TV and iPad cable. The first representative never told me that they had to receive the damage TV back before I could get a new one sent out, so that would take more than 2 weeks. So I ask for refund then proceeded to tell me my refund has to be 72 hours or better for them to reach to give me my money back. I was given false information, not the whole truth about the matter, and it wasn't my fault that my TV was damaged, but I'm so sorry, and I still don't have my money. I'm very angry. I will never do business with Home Shopping Network again. They falsely advertise.

I have been satisfied with QVC for years - SO I assumed HSN would be similar. WRONG. This company is a fraud, all talk and no action. HSN has placed so many charges with my credit card - even tho items were returned. It got so bad not only did I file a dispute with my CC company but was forced to close a good credit card. I have been talking to them (which they always hang up on me) and emailing me (which I have over 20 emails - NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE). I am appalled this is allow to continue, especially after what I just read on the internet.

I am now opening a complaint with consumer affairs and the Attorney General in HSN's state. WHAT HSN NEEDS IS A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. I am out hundreds of dollars. By the way, their products are HORRIBLE. I purchased Samantha Brown luggage and the outside zipper area ripped on my first time using it. Returned it but NO refund. HSN has blocked my acct. and I cannot even write a review warning fellow shoppers. DISGUSTED!!!

I am writing because I have purchased several items over the years and have noticed that the items either seem to be later models or not quality. I purchased a computer during a promo but didn't actually use it until months later. The computer was very slow and seemed antiquated for the basic web search and bill pay that was performed. I contacted the office and got a representative who was very patient and agreed to accept the computer back and to get the one that I had actually ordered shipped and credit my account for initial inconvenience.

They claim they never received the computer and refused to do anything based on what the previous rep stated even though the notes indicated the shipping label/tracking etc. The corporate office refused to honor the reps request as well. I am very dissatisfied as I ordered another computer prior to this and am experiencing the same issues. I'm convinced these are the lower standard products issued by HP but where do I go at this point for help? So frustrated.

HSN charged my debit card and then stated the payment hadn't gone through. Then they blocked my account. Even after several recorded calls and confirmation from my financial institution they still refused to apply the payment they took to my HSN account. They acted confused the next day as if they didn't have any notes in the system about the issue and no fax from my bank so I cancelled the card.

I was buying a gift for someone on HSN. It said on the HSN site that there was free shipping for orders over 75.00. I decided to add things to the cart and get some Christmas shopping done. I finished the order, and it kept the shipping in the final cost. I did my best to take things out of the cart and add them back and reboot, thinking maybe they had a glitch. I contacted them, and they said, "Sorry, you missed the special by a couple minutes." I said, "I have been waiting to chat with someone, and it is not my fault you did not remove the shipping costs in the cart!" They never responded. HSN is a joke. I will only use QVC from now on.

HSN claims they have a no hassle easy return policy. I purchased a lot of junk from them that had to be returned as defective. They sent me a letter stating if I continued to return items my account would be closed. Yes they closed my acct with no warning the next month. Also, they charged my PayPal extra money for items I never ordered and when I asked about why these charges were on my PayPal they have no answer. Watch them. They will try and swindle you any way they can. If I would have kept all the defective items I could still be a customer.

First I want to say that all of my experiences thus far, with HSN has been positive. I have not had a problem with returns, customer service, and in the past, pleased with my purchases. However, the Wolfgang Puck 10" and 8" omelet pans, are starting out to be a problem. I say pans because they are the only ones that I have used so far out of the set. They are a beautiful set, but they stick, and after the food sticks to the pans, a shadow of where the food stuck, is left on the pans. Today, I will use the Deep Sauteuse, similar to a mid sized roasting pan. I hope my food is not stuck to the bottom when done. Oh, by the way, I use oil. Not helping. Checking reviews before buying is going to become helpful in the future, before purchasing anything from anywhere.

I purchased the item and got confirmation then later got an email saying they didn't have enough product to fill the order but might get more in later. It's wrong for them to take more orders than they can fill. A company that size knows how much inventory they have. My guess is they do this on purpose so they have names of people to send products to when they get returns from people who don't like the product. This isn't the first time I have had this happen with HSN. The first time I believed it could be an honest mistake but now I believe it is a deceptive business practice. Buyer beware!

Your customer service representatives were very unfriendly and did not seem very interested in my order. I ordered two watches online and apparently there was a problem in the orders. I called your csr and they added to the problem. They do not listen. They react. They did not correct the problem. They added to the problem which in this case I had three different funds coming out of my account that I had to wait until the bank reimburse me. This is ridiculous and this was my first impression. I will stick to QVC. They have very good customer service.

HSN I have called csr to make several claims each time I get the runaround. I have been told that my label was email - never rec it. I have even spoke with mgmt nothing has taken place. My son rec these a gift have not had a chance to enjoy them are falling apart. Service dept has attempted 2 times to fix and still the left ear is not working and now we can't get them to charge left, right ear is falling off. Poor Customer Service.

This company cares nothing for its customers. To keep it short, I had an issue, they did nothing to help and I had multiple customer service reps tell me different things, very strange. Don't shop here, no way.

I ordered a laptop & computer bundle at $499.00 which I thought was a good deal. I declined the protection plan, $149.00, anti-virus $79 and all the rest of the 10 things they tried to add on. Then provided my address and business credit card info. When the CSR confirmed my order she said it would be 5 payments of about $83. I said I just wanted to pay it in full. She said she had presented it that way and it couldn't be changed without canceling and reentering the order. I said that would be fine. She claimed to have done this but I got an email saying it was canceled. I called customer service and described what happened. Again it was supposed to be fixed. The next day it was canceled by them. I called again and they said it was declined by the Flex pay department. I asked how that could be because I insisted I didn't want flex-pay, I wanted to pay in full. I asked to talk to a supervisor who turned out to be very nasty.

He gave me the same run around, but wanted to fix everything. Well first the item was no longer available then just not in my color. I asked what was available and he told me the colors he had but he only took the orders and it would be processed through normal channels. I asked "what are the normal channels", he said he didn't know. He only took the the orders and no one would know until after midnight. I thought I heard wrong and rephrased my question. I said "are you telling me it might be cancelled without even a call." He said "yes". I have several businesses and order a lot from Amazon and have never heard of such a thing. I really think they canceled because wouldn't accept any of their high priced add-ons.

recently I bought tracfone alcatel that suppose to be activate soon I received but it has no sim card so I call back and customer service told me call the cell phone co. I called them took more than two hours to explain them my address name etc. They send wrong sim card then I have to call them again spend about three hours. false advertisement on tv can't believe they saying on tv never going order any thing from HSN.

Has anyone had an issue that a NON EZ LABEL return item that does not get returned? Yes, I did buy insurance, and now I have misplaced my return receipt. This is the only one item that was never processed as an EZ-LABEL return, and the only item I have returned that actually never made its destination. I didn't read the fine print when I order the package because I thought everything was EZ label returns for HSN. This is my fault, but customers need to be made aware of this fully. I find this very suspicious. The item purchased was approximately $150 in total, and it is money I have to continue to pay. The label had a HSN number and barcode on the label, but from the information I have gathered from CS, that number and barcode mean nothing.

I will not stop investigating this, and I am in process of filing an investigation with the USPS. I will tear through my car looking for the receipt, but the receipts these days fade and are no longer visible, so I may have, and probably have thrown it away, but I hope to find it in the next few days. It is not really the money, it's principle and why these return items cannot be tracked with the HSN label number and barcode. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars at HSN, and I will miss some brands, but I refuse to order from them again.

I was ordering a Tracfone from them. The estimated tax for the amount spent was correct (no shipping charges were incurred), but on confirmation of the item it added almost an extra 2% sales tax (5.40 to 7.12) which is completely unacceptable. I am sure I am not the first person from Michigan to order from them. It gave no rhyme or reason for this overcharge and now I have to wait up to 72 hours for their tax department to refund me MY money they should not have charged anyway!!! I printed out the total with the "estimated tax" and the final summary.

I just find it strange that this is how they do business and want to know why the overcharge, which of course when I called they could not give me an answer. Can't wait to hear if I get an explanation of this. Their system does it so fast that other people probably did not even catch that it was a different amount and have probably overpaid them. It was such a good deal that I did not want pass it up, but future purchases with them will probably not happen... hope somebody checks into this.

Just want to let someone know my thoughts which will go to dead air probably. I am a NEW customer. My very first purchased online (Bose SoundLink Color speaker). I made with 4 flex payments. Then at 11:00 last night, it was cancelled and I am now short $39.40 that HSN took out but then tells me that this item all the sudden did not qualify for flex pay. The person on the phone would not help me. She said all she could do is if I wanted it I would have to wait for Monday morning and pay for it in full (even though you can order it w/ 4 flex payments) and she has no idea why it cancelled the order. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER THING THOUGH *HSN*. HSN just lost a valued customer, and I PROMISE MY FRIENDS, FAMILY, and everyone that I can reach for the next 12 hours on the internet will know.

I ordered a dress on clearance on HSN for $22.00 plus $3.00 shipping. The dress did not fit, so I returned it. I received a refund of $15.00. I called HSN and was informed they charged me almost $8.00 to return the item. So, just remember when they say you can return within 30 days, it will cost you.

I ordered a few items from HSN as I am a valued customers, and it was denied, so I called customer service and I was told that my account was blocked because my downstairs neighbor account was not being paid. I asked what does my neighbor's account have to do with mine, and I was told that the whole address was flagged and no one with the same address can order anything from HSN until my neighbor pays the bill. Holding a whole building responsible for 1 tenant's financial responsibility is ridiculous. HSN must not value their customers and must not want to make money. What a ridiculous practice. My account is in good standing but I will never order from HSN again.

As soon as my bill is paid off, I'm closing my acct with them. I recently purchased a Chromebook for my husband, it was listed as a "special buy". I then come across it at another retailer, to find they had it on sale for $100.00 less! I went back to cancel, this was within 20 minutes of my order, only to see it say it was "processing" and I could not cancel. Well, ok $100.00. Lesson learned. Then I sent back an item to them, a sewing machine that cost $79.00. I sent it back because it did not have a light, that was the biggest thing.

I found a very nice Brother, that has a light and more features for $20 less! No brainer. It cost me $15 to send that thing back! They didn't offer me a discount on my cost of returning it. Big loss for me. Then it was sent 2 day shipping (thanks to my hb not paying attention, because it cost more in shipping) and 10 days later, my acct does not show it being returned or credited to my card. I had to go through chat to get them to correct the issue. I am paying it off as quickly as possible and wiping my hands of them!

Unfortunately when ordering a product I gave HSN a regular used email. Since then I get 1 to 2 emails from them daily advertising stuff. Basically SPAM. I have gone through their system un-subscribing from all correspondence and have sent emails asking to be removed but nothing. BEWARE. Create a extra email that you don't care if you get lots of crap from companies like this because all they do is send SPAM.

After years of shopping with HSN using Flexpay I was denied and charged full price for a laptop after they cancelled my order. The reason they could not verify the company. I called my bank. They could not do anything because the purchase was still pending and it took 2 weeks to get the money back. They never even tried to verify through the merchant. Awful just awful. Never again. Goodbye HSN!!!

I purchased one item and paid via PayPal on my Visa card. I found that HSN had set up a recurring payment plan without my authorization. PayPal claims it was not on their end. HSN claims it was not on their end. And round and round we go!

HSN Company Profile