1.10/5

627 HSN Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased HP Laptop 17 inch on 11/2/2018. Three months old and it fell apart. It literally started falling apart after a week. It's in 2 pieces. It's too top heavy and falls back and then start to come apart. I did not drop it or break it. HSN has it advertised with 1 year warranty. HSN does not have any warranty and they tell you to call HP. After waiting on hold for 2 hours HP will not take back w/out payment of 299.18. I tried talking to HSN and they could not help me. The laptop is not even paid for. It's 3 months old and fell apart. I went to HSN and tried to write customer review but the system will not let you. HSN needs to stand behind warranty. They will do nothing. I have had a lot of laptops but never had one fall apart. I am actually on my old one now.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I purchased a blender - the next day I changed my mind and called in and was told that I could not cancel the order even though it had not shipped. They stated "order was processed" cannot cancel the order. I went online to track the order. However the website stated no order had been made. Customer service representative stated HSN allow cancellation only the same day - however you must cancel by 9 pm PST.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

We've had the dreadful, and not to be repeated experience of ordering two items from HSN. Their website is not only ugly and cluttered, but the slowness of the site is unbelievable. Navigating the site practically requires a Google map. Because we had no luck with garnering the info we sought, we had the equally dreadful experience of phoning. The hold time was interminable, and both reps were apathetic and borderline rude. As they say, "Everyone's entitled to one mistake", this was ours that day.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I purchased a Teeter from these people. From the start to the end of dealing with the customer service people via phone and email about problems was a nightmare! I will never have any dealings with HSN again...avoid buying from them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I was trying to purchase an Xbox one on payments for my sons birthday. They took money from my bank account and declined me. I sent a msg through chat to find out when the money would be released. And it depends. They should not take your money and hold it if they cancel your order. That's fraud. They should be reported to Attorney General!! Will never try and buy anything from them again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

The live chat doesn't work so don't waste your time! I had to stay on hold 18 minutes and was advised to call back tomorrow! The last time I purchased something from here the quality was absolutely dreadful - a very inferior fabric that pitted the first time I washed it. If you have a problem the customer service will not help you. HSN use to be really great but no more. Oh well, the way I look at it I saved a bunch of money by not ordering from them! They will rip you off and double bill your credit card, so consumers beware of HSN!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

HSN takes too long to fulfill and ship. I just ordered a product and it will take 4 days for HSN to get it out of the warehouse and another 7 days to get it to my address. This is with a $5.00 shipping charge on a $30.00 product. HSN cannot compete with Amazon in fulfillment of orders nor shipping speed. This is unacceptable in today's online shopping market.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I contacted the billing dept. because I was given a late fee after making a payment at 7:30pm NYC Time, the rep said it was 8:30 where the billing is accessed. I spoke with Shalea who said, "Sorry - we cannot remove the late fee since you was given credit in 2017..." WTF??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME, IT'S 2019. I asked for a supervisor-spoke with Clarise, and Abby who said, "SORRY WE CANNOT remove the late fee..." NOW I'm HOT!!! Asked to speak with someone else in a higher position, I spoke w/ Bernice --- SHE APOLOGIZED AND SINCE I've been a valued customer, she was able to remove the late fee. WHAT A SHAME, NO ONE ELSE was able to see that I've been a valued customer. Be a smart consumer and take your business elsewhere. NEVER AGAIN, I'm closing this account-thank you Amazon, HSN just lost my business.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

December 2018 Ordered a RING Security device, UPS sent it back to HSN mid-December. Called HSN the same day to cancel my order and report it was being sent back. Was accused of stealing the product, was told up until January 25, that it had not been received. Was told by a representative that I was going to have to pay for the device because I had the device. She stated that UPS stated that the device was delivered to me and the device was signed for. Mind you, I called UPS Corporate to have the device tracked and they stated it went back to HSN. I called HSN back, your rep. stated that I was not getting a credit for the device until I returned the RING! Okay, this is when I knew I was in trouble and I needed to document everything!

Later a representative told me I was getting credit for the device, again (was told at the beginning I was getting credit for it). Was sent a letter from HSN stating, that I was not getting my credit until I give back the device! Accused by customer service representatives of lying just to jeopardize my integrity for a RING Security device. I learned that UPS had returned the device to HSN and HSN scanned it, and received it by January 16, 2019. February 2, 2019! Spoke to the credit card people to close my account with HSN. Spoke with your representative to tell her what I had been through and she apologized but something tells me the level of abuse projected towards me, the disrespect and downright bullying by the reps. towards me is the norm. Yeah, I am so done with HSN! I will be purchasing it directly from RING or Best Buy this time. HSN you all need to clean your act up!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

On January 9 2018 I was watching HSN on TV with the coin collector advertising a complete set US Silver Eagle dollar set in MS69 AND certified with 9 special P and S mint marks. This program was to be a monthly debit of $69.90 total per month. I called the 800-284-7171 number and placed the order for the set and gave my credit card information. I called on 1/31/19 to get the status of the set but was told the order was nowhere to be found under my name, phone number or customer ID. They dropped the ball and never placed the order. Now the set is not available anymore. Extremely poor service in handling this order that they clearly dropped the ball. When you are paying for something that is a good amount of money one would think they could get it right.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Beware. HSN charges you a fee when products are returned. I was charged $7.95. I was completely unaware of this charge as the hosts are always saying you could return it for a full refund within 30 days...minus a "restocking " charge! Never again. Many other option to choose from.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

BEWARE I ordered 7 items from HSN on the same day. I was charged separate shipping and handling for all 7 items. The items were not shipped separately. The items were combined into one shipment. WHAT A RIPOFF.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I ordered the CHI Air Spin n Curl Ceramic 1" Rotating Curler a few weeks before Christmas. On air they promised delivery BEFORE Christmas. I received it the 28th of Dec. I packed it up and put the shipping label they provided. I took it to the post office and mailed it. When I didn't receive a refund I called and was told they had no record of receiving it. I had my receipt from the post office WITH the label # on it. They said basically it was my fault for not having a tracking number. You cannot tell me they cannot track it through their own number. It was a $99 item which I will be billed for over the next few months. I will NEVER purchase another thing from them. Also, I sent them 3 emails and never received a response. Buy from QVC!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I recently purchased the ZooMe flex mobility scooter. I determined that it would not suit me and discovered that the return label only had half of the information needed to return it. I called HSN for a replacement prepaid return label, which I was told, would take 5-7 business days. I instead received a letter from HSN implying that it was outside of the 30 day return period. I called HSN immediately and was told to call the company that made the scooter in order to return it! I called the drive company who referred me back to HSN. I demanded that HSN send me the return address in writing, since they won't send out a replacement prepaid label and now say that I must pay to return the scooter... Which will takes another 5-7 business days! This is totally unacceptable. With all this back and forth, the 30 day return period could lapse!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I was expecting a delivery of Nellie’s laundry powder on 01/08/2018, but never received. Yesterday, I checked the tracking to find a “delivery delay” message stating that the original package had been damaged in transit and delivery estimate had been updated to 01/12/2018. Obviously, these things happen and I’m inclined to wait patiently. However, no further tracking was updated, so I called customer service. Now they are offering to refund my money because the product is sold out and a second package was never mailed out to me. When I calmly told the customer service representative how disappointed I felt, her advice was to “favorite” the item online so I’d receive an email when the product is available again. I can reorder at that time. NO THANK YOU! I’m so annoyed! I'll stick to QVC orders from this point forward. Or for that matter - Amazon sells Nellie’s with a 2-day shipping guarantee!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My first time using HSN. I "purchased" AirPods on FLEX-PAY and my American Express was charged. However immediately after the transaction went through I received a pop-up message stating that Flex-Pay was not approved at this time. I called CS and the girl tells me she doesn't know why but she'll get me over to the department that has the info because it could be an address error or something similar. Once I was transferred I was told that at this time flex pay was not available but she doesn't know why, however I will be receiving a letter within the 10 days explaining why, and at midnight they will contact my cc to void the charge. Just a very unusual situation and bad business practice. I would not recommend this business.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I placed an order on the phone for 2 items. Never told me 2 separate orders, so I tried to cancel the order. One got cancelled, and of course not the other one. I received the item, tried to send it back - no return shipping label. Called them, and guess what - this item is not eligible for free returns. Not what they say on television!!! Finally, they did agree to send me a label, which takes 7-10 business days to get. Meanwhile, my credit card is still showing charge of both items. Rep finally told me it takes 1-2 billing cycles to get your refund, in other words 2 months. Are they paying my interest. And don't even think about getting quick and complete answers. Waited on phone forever, and nobody tells you the whole story. My advice - stick with Amazon.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I had tried to purchase an item on FlexPay like I have done on QVC many of times. This would have been my 1st purchase with this company. They took almost $300 out of my account and then sent me an email saying my order was canceled and FlexPay is not available for me at this time. I called to see what was going on. They transferred me to an after hours voicemail. I have no reason to purchase from this company again. It was a horrible experience and I didn't even buy anything.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I bought two of the IntelliWHITE Sonic 360 Toothbrushes for Christmas. They have no power and are extremely cheaply made. Don't waste your time and/or your money on this product. At the cost of the toothbrush, get a Sonic or an Oral B.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I ordered a Nintendo Switch on 12/20/18. I selected the 5 FlexPay option. I also chose the $26 shipping option to ensure I received it by Christmas. We don't have a lot of money and this is really the only thing my 13yo asked for. We were going to order him the Switch with Kirby Star Allies then buy him 2-3 more games to go with it. We have already spent the rest of our money buying our 10yo gifts. We only have 1 other gift for my 13yo. HSN took my last bit of money which was $158 and declined my order. Now, how is that legal to take my money then decline my order & I didn't receive anything for my money? The money isn't going to be refunded by 12/24 so now I have 1 gift for my oldest and no money to buy him anything else. HSN does not care. I don't understand how they can take your money and give you nothing for it. That is stealing to me.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I’m so sorry to say how bad my experience was with HSN. I purchased an Apple MacBook. It came with a mouse and cord to hook up through USB. It not the right cords or they in any way compatible without a USB-C cord. I called. They say, "too bad." That’s the short story. That did nothing to satisfied the situation. I will never buy from them and will let everyone I know about how I was treated.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We ordered a TV from these company. Not a cheap one either. 2600.00 and we waited all day for Ceva delivery to get it. It never showed waiting all day. Call HSN and the shipping company was closed because it was Saturday. No call no show is not who I would want to deliver my products. Made at least 8 phone calls. Still no TV so we get told Ceva Canceled the order and sent it back. So we call HSN and they know nothing about it being canceled. I wrote a email to Ceva about this and no reply. So we call HSN and ask to speak to a supervisor. Now they say they are looking into the problem and it will 24 to 48 hours more. They have charged me for a product and I have nothing. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

HSN is a joke. Do not order from them. They have been holding onto my money for over a month for a return of a damaged item. They will give you the runaround, No one wants to do their job, every person I have spoke with is totally useless... BUYERS BEWARE.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Purchased a DJI drone from HSN, Ordered it, paid with FlexPay, made first payment of $300+ of the $1100. Purchase. The item ships, I'm tracking it on the web. I see when it reaches my local post office, there's a note "sender requests item to be returned to sender". I call the verification Department to verify I placed this order. They argue with me I cannot verify my identity and my acct with them is locked and I can't reorder. BUT they took my money! I can't get a refund until the item is returned to them. THE ITEM NEVER REACHED my hands and they want it back since they couldn't get in touch with me to confirm I placed the order. DOESN'T make sense... Why take my payment if they knew they needed to verify a large purchase? Then I'm told the item shipped by mistake. HORRIBLE. Thank God for QVC!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Ordered my first item ever a week ago. Perfume as a xmas gift. Box was squashed broken and the price and name of the perfume half scratched off. Really??? Customer service instructions to send it back. How can I know I won't get another obviously damaged or used product. It looks used. I don't understand how anyone can package something like that. I've ordered items for years online. Never had anything like this happen. Ugh.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I went to purchase a gaming computer for my son. I attempted to purchase the computer, within hours the sale was gone! I called because the other towers were sold out and I could not afford a more expensive item. I called and was told by a rude woman the site can change hourly. That evening a Flash Sale went live. I quickly purchased the item and went to check out with my Chase card, it said I couldn't use THAT card. I was frantically trying to buy this computer because they kept dumping it out of my cart. I added it back again and switched to my business account. It threw up a billing address error and dumped my cart.

I called again to get a nasty woman who told me to call my bank. My bank said all was fine. I called HSN back because, once again, I can't check out. The agent takes my order, does the Flex Pay and I use my business account to pay because she had no reasonable explanation why I couldn't use my personal account. She sends confirmation, was unfriendly but I felt my job is done!

I go to check my checking balance because I was preparing to make a few purchases for my other son, HSN has hit my personal account for almost $300 after stating they couldn't use my Chase card! I check my email the next morning and the order is CANCELLED! Apparently, you can't use Flex Pay if you are a fairly new customer! Even if you order, get charged TWICE and get confirmation verbal and written! I used my BUSINESS account and they denied me! Did they think I was gonna close my business to avoid paying??? If I was gonna scam them wouldn't I have bought the expensive computer? I also put down close to $300 TWICE on an $800 computer! I now had to go to Best Buy and get almost the same computer for $569 while waiting for the release of almost $600 being held! DO NOT SHOP HERE!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I purchased 3 Arlo security sets as gifts, after getting them and reading how costly the batteries were I decided to return them. I called customer service, they were so rude and told me I had to pay for return shipping, $71.00 to return their merchandise! They don't mention this on air. So I guess it's the true meaning of buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Do not purchase through this company. You can get your items cheaper other places. I tried to purchase three items using FlexPay and I get all the way to the end, after I gave my debit card, then I get the message that I am not eligible for FlexPay. I then get an email saying that 2 of the 3 items were processed but without FlexPay. If I wanted to pay for them all at once I would have went somewhere else where they were cheaper and I would get them a lot sooner. Not to mention the customer service was awful and were not helpful at all. They would not cancel my order even though it all happened in a matter of hours. Then to add insult to injury you run my card twice and the agent said there was nothing that they could do about that either.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I made a $35.20 Bodyshaper purchase from HSN, needless to say, product was not as described, needed a small, ordered a small but item fit very loose (keep in mind, a Bodyshaper is made or suppose to be form fitted, it's not what I received). I returned item back to, using their self addressed label and unfortunately I failed to write down the tracking number that HSN provided and unfortunately they do not keep track of their tracking numbers that they assign to their customers. My package got lost and HSN offered no assistance other than customer service communicating very clear to me that there's nothing that they are responsible for!!! I'd advise to consider before ordering from HSN, their products and customer service and appreciation sucks...

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I went to place an order, but because the previous person living at my address didn't pay their bill I'm being inconvenienced. I've been here for 3 years and pay my bills happily... So I will now have to find another way to get my wife birthday gift. I was using HSN because I could receive the item in 2 days. THANKS QVC. You're the real MVP.

HSN Company Information