HSN

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a phone. When I received it, the package was torn and the phone looks does not close properly. I took it to the post office to return it and they tried to charge me $7.95. I took it back home to make sure that I had printed the correct return label. As I read the return policy, it stated that it no longer returns shipping fees regardless of damage. I will not order any more from them. I have been a customer since they first started. They will end up folding. That was one of their perks. Amazon will be my continued choice and I will let others know.

I purchased a pair of boots, but when I received them I decided I wanted a different color. I called HSN customer service and to my disbelief the CSR stated they would send right away a replacement. Normally a company will make you wait until the original items is received back to them, but not HSN. I love it. While my return is heading to them my exchange is headed to me.

I ordered an Apple watch, when it came it was fake. Everything about the watch was fake. $486 for something that's not even real. I'M never ordering from here again. In fact this will be on the news for the world to see. I don't care, I want my money back or the real deal. HSN better have answers to why I got a knock off paying the amount I paid for, something that's not real. Believe I'M sending this ** back. ** HSN.

The host's while stating how wonderful these are, and stated all you need was a smart phone, or android and hook up in a couple minutes, what they forgot to say is this item requires an iOS 8.0 or better to work with the iPhone. When the items arrived, went online to get App for Canary. In doing so I was informed that my phone was not up to the required for this App but Canary would give me the old version of this App, and stated I had to get and upgrade. went to AT&T to have them upgrade, but was told that the new upgrade that now is for the smart phones is a iOS 10, which if they placed this on my phone would wipe out a lot of my items and they recommended not doing it but maybe get another phone cost $850.00.

So left that store and went to Best Buy which stated the same more or less. So had only removed the one Canary out of the box. They were sent in two different boxes. The host also stated that shipping both ways was free, so what do you have to lose? Well the only item that was in either box was a mailing address, and in very small print they said to make sure you get a tracking number and also insure same, and of course you can choose any carrier you want. So $40.00 dollars later to get them back to HSN. That is their version of free shipping. They are right. Did not cost them a dime.

I have the entire show taped the host gave on this item and again at no time did they say what requirements were needed other than what has been stated. And yes they both stated free shipping so no worries. What a crock. Called customer service today and the female told me she would advice them to state what was required and that HSN would give me a $10.00 in store credit but has to be used by 1 Feb 2017. The Canary System might be alright but they should inform a customer what is required in your mobile phone. Could have got them cheaper here in Beaverton, Or.

HSN admitted problems with shipping back in October. I had so many problems with several orders. Took days to get refunds on items that HSN had no idea what happened but they most definitely charged me for. They take money instantly and never ship or it takes 30 days to ship. One problem is still outstanding. HSN took $249 from me and refused to send the product or issue a refund. I have PROOF. On October 5th, I ordered the Cricut Explore Air 2 as it was bundled as the Today's Special. It Sat in packaging status for 2 weeks then abruptly disappeared.

This was in the middle of the Vice President admitting they had a shipping/warehouse problem. HSN refuses to acknowledge their problem. I showed them proof and asked for either the product or a refund. Finally a special group set up to handle this shipping fiasco offered me $20 in their spendable Kash. $20 instead of $249? I really want that Cricut but they won't send. So, HSN took $249 from me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Well I've ordered from HSN many times before without problems however last year and this year Houston we have major problems. First HSN seems have a thing with UPS where they say it's OK to take your packages to an access point for pickup now. It’s not Kong. I have a disability and will not be schlepping around looking for my packages. Last year this happened. Got the big run around. The product was sent back to HSN but I was being told it was here and they got my money back. This year again my package was sent to some seedy store in the neighborhood for pick up. My son went to get it on the advice of a nice UPS supervisor who said it's the shipper who authorizes UPS to use access points that it could be returned. I complained to UPS so badly. Supervisors were calling me. I asked that no package of mine be delivered to any access point ever.

Now on to the TV debacle I against my better judgment. Ordered a GPX TV. Had couple good reviews so I order. For a few days kept saying packaging. I'd decided to cancel the order. Customer service tells me they can't cancel because it's at the warehouse now. So I say if the funds aren't there what happens? They say the order will cancel. So I move the funds to my savings. These morons ship the TV anyway. Now I have a negative on my account due to arrive 12/22 but due to weather rescheduled delivery. May get here by spring. Shame on HSN. Starting to turn me off.

I have been an HSN customer for 8 years. My account payment is due on the 16th of each month by 8:00 PM. I will admit I waited until the last moment to pay my HSN bill. My telephone records indicates I called HSN at 7:56 PM. After several automated prompts my bill payment was finally confirmed five (5) minutes later at 8:01 PM. Therefore, I called HSN a minute afterwards in order to file a customer complaint regarding the length of time HSN automated system takes to confirm customer payments. Their automation system had taken five minutes due to the 3 to 4 prompts set up before the bill payment is confirmed. As result, my bill payment was 1 minute late.

Therefore, I desired to place a dispute with HSN, regarding the exhausting five minute bill paying process they have set up for customers. It is time-consuming and unfair. (Many other merchants automated payment systems operate quicker... ex. three minutes.) FYI, as of this writing the three HSN representatives refused to assist me regarding my aforementioned dispute. They just presented to assist, passed me to other representatives etc.

These people have their site set up to make you think you are getting your order under flexpay terms, only to charge your account reduce your credit and or checking account balance, only to turn around and cancel your order and tell you that you did not meet the flexpay eligibility requirements. This qualification should be determined before ANY charge is made to any account there is no excuse for this. They have money out of my account that I need to purchase the item they denied me for, you suck!! QVC is much better and does not do this bogus nonsense to their customers. I will never shop HSN again nor would I ever recommend to anyone that I know. Consumers shop elsewhere!!!

I called about a product I was interested in and before I can ask questions the representative was asking for my card information. I then told her I would order on the web by myself. After placing my order, I made sure my shipping is different from my billing being that I'm at work late and would have a problem receiving the package. When order was placed it went back to my billing address so I called right away to be told they would have to cancel and I would have to wait 5-7 days to receive my money back then place the order again. I explained to the representative that I can't wait that long to have such an expensive items money returned because if I do that it wouldn't come in time for Christmas. The representative said there is nothing they can do. This is my very last time ordering something from them. It's always a problem. HSN IS A RIP OFF!

My wife purchase outdoor Christmas decorations for our house. It took 10 days to get here. When they arrive we open the box to set it up and there were parts missing. When we called the company, they wanted us to repurchase and then return the original purchase for a credit. It would be Christmas by the time we got our replacement. All we ask was for them to ship out the missing part overnight. Make sense. They refused and we are shipping back the Christmas decorations for a full refund. With that being said, we didn't set up for the first time in 10 years for Christmas.

On 11/16/16 I purchased a 55" Westinghouse Smart TV on 5 Flex Pays, my card was charged $119.99 and I received the TV on 11/21/16. On 12/6/16 the TV stopped working and HSN agreed to get me a new TV without the VUDU credit so it had to be a new order. Once again my card was charged $122.01 and the new TV was supposed to arrived in 7 days in which I would put the old TV in the box and ship it back and everyone is happy.

On 12/8/16 I receive an email from HSN that my order has been canceled and I do not qualify for Flex Pay at this time. So I have a broken TV after 15 days and I have paid HSN $242.00. I will never use HSN again and I will be sure to pass the word to everyone that I know that they should stick with QVC. I have already picked out a new TV from QVC and will order it tomorrow.

Broken over priced merchandise - the first fireplace that arrived was broken. I called them back and returned it for another one. I used it 3 times in late march and weather was already warm. When trying to use 6 months later not heating but fully lighted and no heat. Called HSN they pass me over to some warranty which says email them a copy of receipt then pay to ship it to them. Runaround with more money to give for a refurbished in place of my new one.

The computer took 11 days to be delivered, the Protection Plan has yet to come 27 days after purchase. Made at least 4 different calls in the past month complaining that the protection plan has not arrived yet. They kept telling me that it is on its way. They downright lied about it. Because on the fourth call they told me that it will be sent by e-mail to me. I explained what am I supposed to do with an e-mail. This is supposed to be a gift. I was tortured for 4 weeks not knowing if I will have this in time. It was supposed to be a gift. Terrible customer service. Now they tell me they will send me a physical copy in 10 days.

I told them that I needed it before that. They told me they could not send it any faster. I will never purchase anything from HSN again. I have dealt with QVC in the past. They always gave me great service. Never expected to be treated so badly by HSN. They took my money and did not even care to send me the item on time. I felt I was dealing with a phantom company!! NEVER AGAIN.

Worst experience ever! After being placed on hold for 15 minutes I was then disconnected after speaking to a customer service representative about my order. I then called back and waited another 10 minutes on hold, spoke to a customer service representative and ask about the status of my order. He told me my order was incomplete and wasn't being processed - for some unknown reason.

Online, it says expectant delivery date 12/9!! And now I am unable to place ANOTHER order because they are sold out! It would have been nice to know about my order not being processed, a simple phone call. Now I am unable to give my daughter the ONLY thing she wanted for Christmas... even though I placed my order on 11/28!!

I order a Samsung TV on black Friday as a request from my husband. He has been wanting a 4K tv. He saw it on this Black Friday a 65" and he told me to order it for him on the flexibility payments. Well my husband is a Retired Navy, and currently works as a machine operator. He has good credit, MY is ok! So the next day they send me an email saying that my Order was cancelled because they were sold out. I was sad because my husband was sad, he can't afford a one time payment of 1,300 so making payments sounded good.

Well today 12/03/16 they send me a letter that Experian credit agency didn't approve my credit, but I never gave them my social security and they didn't tell me that they Would check my credit. If I had known that I would had ask my husband for him to order it since he has good credit!! So I feel so upset and sad because my husband could had got the T.V. If they would tell you that they will check your credit for getting the Flexpay, so please be aware of this. QVC is better than this company!! Just saying.

I broke down and actually ordered from HSN, well at least I think I did. I ordered approximately 6 items. Here are the issues: I never received an email confirmation, so who knows if I actually ordered anything? I sure don't. I then logged back onto HSN and checked my order status - nothing showed up. I then checked order history, again nothing. So I thought I'd check my debit card charges, yep, had a pending charge of $27 and some change. Well I knew that wasn't right, I ordered at least 6 items and it was well over $100. I thought, okay, it must take a day for my order to show on my HSN account and they've put a small hold on my debt account until they get the order filled and ready to ship.

I checked the next day for my order status/history, but again nothing showed. I panicked and emailed the company. They politely reassured me my order was processing and gave me an order number. I went back to order status/history on their site and again no order was showing. I then plugged in the order number and it showed one item that cost $27 and some change and this item had apparently already shipped. I thought, okay they must charge one item at a time once it ships. I checked my bank account again today to see if any other charges showed up, but now that $27 and some change pending charge is GONE and there are no new charges. I have no idea if anything was/is actually ordered or shipped or cancelled - absolutely no idea! I'm making a call in the morning to find out what has happened and why no email confirmation. I shop online ALL THE TIME, but after this experience I will NEVER shop HSN again.

I ordered 2 drones for Xmas gifts. I was told each would be 22.70 per month for 6 months per FlexPay. They took one payment of 22.70 and canceled my order. I got a letter in the mail stating they got an unfavorable report from the credit reporting agency Experian. I never applied for credit and was never told it would be checked and gave them no soc. sec. number. All they had was my one bank card number and p.o. box number. When I asked customer service how they can check credit without permission or a soc sec number they said "it's one of those glitches we have nothing to do with." I still haven't gotten my refund after calling 5 times. After reading these reviews I see I may never. Maybe the new president can put a halt to companies like this. Oh yeah I called QVC, got the same drones with FlexPay and got them in 4 days.

I purchased some items in June/july for a Thanksgiving trip in Jacksonville Florida. After getting in Florida I noticed that the items purchased were either to large or too small. I called for a store credit because their clothes run too large or too small. I was told they couldn't. Maybe I could give then to a family member. That was one of the reasons for the trip. I am very disappointed with HSN. ONCE I PAY THIS BILL OFF I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM HSN. I only wanted a store credit. I am still paying for items I can't wear.

I order some things on the HSN app. It duplicated my order, unbeknownst to me. I got the e-mail that it had shipped and that is when I found out everything was duplicated. I called customer service right away, and the agent told me he would send a return label to me for a large piece of furniture that had been duplicated. Today I received the items, but not the return label so I called again. This time I am told I am responsible for the return shipping because the other person I spoke to was "new and not well-trained". So now I have to pay to return this heavy furniture piece, even though I didn't order it.

They are crooks! I got on their automatic payment plan, where they took the payments "directly from my bank account" and they still! charged me $37 in late fees each month! As they explained it... After the fact... I would get 2 late fees until my account is current. How is it Late? You guys are taking the payments out! My monthly payments were $37 and the late fee was $37. WHAT CROOKS!

I understand Finance charges because I still have a balance, but Late fees? And these Late Fees are on my credit report! My credit report show non payment for 2 months! Why would I get on a payment plan, where I would still incur Late Fees? That is NO PLAN at all! I could have just made the minimum payments! At least my principal would have went down.

I ordered a TV from HSN website with FlexPay option for 4 monthly debits from my debit card. The first payment was to be 99.00. I received a confirmation email with an order number. Then less than 1/2 hour later, I received another email from them saying that my order was cancelled with no reason listed. I then checked my bank account and found they debited 100.01 from my account. Now 3 days later it is still taken out of my account, even though they had cancelled my order right after receiving it.

My money should have never been debited since they cancelled my order, right after ordering! I had emailed them that same day they took my money & demanded they refund my money, since the order was immediately cancelled by them! But they never responded. I am on limited income and cannot afford money taken from my account for something I will never receive due to them cancelling the order! Now I do not know how to get my money back from them and my bank told me they cannot do anything about it!

Like many other people I believed that HSN was similar to QVC. The headphones I wanted were cheaper on HSN than QVC so I proceeded to go ahead and ordered them. HSN charged my credit card and then canceled my order. How shady is that?! I contacted customer service and all I was said that I wasn't qualified for the easy pay option. I wasn't even trying for the credit card, just easy pay like QVC. I am highly annoyed at this company. If there are terms and conditions for easy pay outside of their card then they really should state it. Or at the very least NOT CHARGE my credit card for an order they were going to cancel shortly after. I am super not happy about this! How can you run a shady business like this? Save your time and frustrations for another company. NEVER shopping at HSN again!

Placed an order online, the order was cancelled immediately by HSN. But my credit card was charged anyway. I was told the card was not charged but my bank account reflected something different. This charge has been stuck in a pending status for quite a while. I called customer service twice, both agent were anything but helpful. I will be reaching out to the Attorney General on this one.

I ordered 2 blazers, 1 sm. exercise machine. By, phone I gave them my credit card number and placed my order. Order arrived with 2 pairs of vintage skinny jeans that I didn't order. Called them and was told it looked like I received another person's order and to send them back. I then realized the blazers weighed 6 lbs apiece and to hand wash only and dry flat. I am 77 yrs old and there is NO way I can accomplish that. Then I received a billing that I owed them 247.76. Called them and was told the order was placed on a HSN charge account.

I told I never opened an HSN account but didn't get anywhere with that. I was told I was credited the 108.94 for the jeans I didn't order. Was told to return blazers. They charged all these items including the wrong shipment to me. Was told there will be NO refunds or credit given. I have to use my credit of returned items totaling 247.76 toward a different purchase with them... This is a con. I never opened an account with them. They took my credit card number with the intention of not using it and opening an account with them unbeknownst to me!!!

This is the 2nd time I have ordered online. Used the FlexPay only to see in my bank account where they have taken the full amount! When I call to complain about it they always say "oh no, there isn't A FlexPay on this order unless you use our HSN card." Well I used my HSN card last Christmas & I believe I was charged twice. Some items I paid for right out & others used my card. SO am paying it off & closing that out! Regardless they seem to be tricksters. But when I complain which I have only done the 2 times they pulled this they do nothing to resolve the problem!! They think I want the product so badly that I will shut up & pay it!! Not this time, we have QVC, SHOP NBC & A couple more so they can't strong arm us! DONE HSN, DONE!!

I ordered a laptop 1 month ago. Not only was the laptop that was sent to me used, it was the wrong model number and specs. They offered to exchange it once they got the one they sent me back. They sent me a return shipping label in the mail which took almost 2 weeks to get. This fist gentleman I spoke to, should be fired first and foremost, accused me of trying to scam them out of a laptop. He was rude and he actually yelled at me. So I waited 2 more weeks and kept checking my account balance for a refund which never posted. I finally called and they said they forgot to put in the computers that they receIved the item and give me a refund. This whole time I'm still waiting for the replacement laptop which is now out of stock. The lady I spoke with was very short with me and I literally had to ask her to at least make me feel like I'm being treated good.

This company is a joke, the employees are worthless other than for a nice greeting and their electronics are the broken, old, used trash that the large retail stores can't sell. They take advantage of their customers and you need to do more work than should ever need to be done when trying to purchase a product from them. They simply don't care, and if you call them out on their mistakes they get very offended. I spent at least 10 hours of unnecessary free time dealing with this issue. At the end of this all I am out of hours of my time and best part is a month I still got no laptop, and no credit. Please do not shop here. You will regret it.

I ordered a TV 2 weeks ago 43 inch GXP. I received it 7 days later only to take it out of the box and have it badly damaged, cracked. Nothing visible on the screen even though the television was apart. I called in to Customer Service. Reported this error. She told me to send the television, that they would send me a return label. It will take 15 to 21 days for me to receive that but the customer service rep said it should be there before then. She told me she ordered another television to be sent out to me ASAP.

I check my order status 5 days later. It says "Processing" so I emailed HSN only to get an email back to say that they were sorry about my television and one will be sent to me. After that I get an email saying that my order was canceled so I called. I speak with another rep. She tells me that there were two TVs ordered by accident so one of them they had to cancel. Continuing asking questions about my television she told me that my new television will not be sent out to me until they receive the damage television.

By the way they still have my money. I still don't have a label. I still don't have a TV and iPad cable. The first representative never told me that they had to receive the damage TV back before I could get a new one sent out, so that would take more than 2 weeks. So I ask for refund then proceeded to tell me my refund has to be 72 hours or better for them to reach to give me my money back. I was given false information, not the whole truth about the matter, and it wasn't my fault that my TV was damaged, but I'm so sorry, and I still don't have my money. I'm very angry. I will never do business with Home Shopping Network again. They falsely advertise.

I have been satisfied with QVC for years - SO I assumed HSN would be similar. WRONG. This company is a fraud, all talk and no action. HSN has placed so many charges with my credit card - even tho items were returned. It got so bad not only did I file a dispute with my CC company but was forced to close a good credit card. I have been talking to them (which they always hang up on me) and emailing me (which I have over 20 emails - NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE). I am appalled this is allow to continue, especially after what I just read on the internet.

I am now opening a complaint with consumer affairs and the Attorney General in HSN's state. WHAT HSN NEEDS IS A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. I am out hundreds of dollars. By the way, their products are HORRIBLE. I purchased Samantha Brown luggage and the outside zipper area ripped on my first time using it. Returned it but NO refund. HSN has blocked my acct. and I cannot even write a review warning fellow shoppers. DISGUSTED!!!

I am writing because I have purchased several items over the years and have noticed that the items either seem to be later models or not quality. I purchased a computer during a promo but didn't actually use it until months later. The computer was very slow and seemed antiquated for the basic web search and bill pay that was performed. I contacted the office and got a representative who was very patient and agreed to accept the computer back and to get the one that I had actually ordered shipped and credit my account for initial inconvenience.

They claim they never received the computer and refused to do anything based on what the previous rep stated even though the notes indicated the shipping label/tracking etc. The corporate office refused to honor the reps request as well. I am very dissatisfied as I ordered another computer prior to this and am experiencing the same issues. I'm convinced these are the lower standard products issued by HP but where do I go at this point for help? So frustrated.

HSN charged my debit card and then stated the payment hadn't gone through. Then they blocked my account. Even after several recorded calls and confirmation from my financial institution they still refused to apply the payment they took to my HSN account. They acted confused the next day as if they didn't have any notes in the system about the issue and no fax from my bank so I cancelled the card.

HSN Company Profile