3.7/5 (460 ratings)

About HSN

HSN Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSN?

Original review: July 22, 2021

I ordered a tank from HSN. It took 4 weeks for it to get delivered, ok. Tried it on, it was nice but you need to be tall to wear it. I shipped it back with their return shipping label. I was on flexpay and 11.49 should have been put back in my credit card. Well, 3.49 went in. I called believing it was a mistake. No, they charged me for the shipping, even though it stated free shipping on returns within 30 days, which it was. Customer service said that is not their policy and that I must pay for the returned item. Really!!!! Customer service said "oh you must not have seen the fine print". The infomercial stated free shipping with your return within 30 days. I feel like I have been ripped off. I will never again buy from HSN again. I guess this is how they make their money, by ripping people off. Never Ever Again.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Have been a HSN customer for years but no longer. Made a purchase online for an iPad. The system was slow and slow responding. Was finally able to place my order. The following day I received a call from their fraud department. There was 4 individual orders placed and they wanted to check to see if that was my intend. I only order 1 iPad but the system placed 4 orders. The fraud department was only able to cancel 1 order since the other 3 was processed but not yet shipped. I was told to just return the additional 2 that was being shipped.

The following week I received 3 boxes. I called HSN customer service and was told that they would send return labels for the 2 IPads that I did not order. After waiting another week I received two letter that said that HSN was not able to provide prepaid labels since the order didn’t meet my expectations and resulting me wishing to return the item. Obviously someone didn’t listen since the reason was not that it didn’t meet my expectations but that I never placed the order for the additional 3 iPads in the first place.

After shipping back the 2 iPads own my own dime $58.06 I called HSN again and requested them to refund that amount. Bill the supervisor I talked to offered to refund me half the amount. What kind of customer service is that when it was their system that caused 4 orders to be placed. I declined that offer since it would be a credit for future purchases. I will never again purchase anything from HSN since they do not own up to their errors and I would not trust them or their ordering system again. So be careful placing any orders and hope that you don’t have to make any returns.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I had moved to new address. I wanted to order something, but it wouldn't take the address change online. I called CS and requested the change. They said they'd completed it, so I placed an order for a $184 item. They sent it to my old address and now it take several days to process my refund because they don't have the item in stocks. So much for "service."

Original review: April 27, 2021

I have been shopping with HSN for years When the clothing was good quality, but the merchandise is starting to look cheap with high-end pricing. Customer service is always quick to blame the customer for their incompetence!!! This is the last straw!!! Customers Do yourself a favor and stop shopping with HSN!!! It's been a total nightmare!!!! The clothing is becoming more cheap looking everyday. And they are starting to blame the customer for puting the wrong address when you have lived there for 7 years. STOP BUYING FROM HSN!!!

Original review: March 30, 2021

I just cancelled my HSN card. The billing department has been a complete nightmare. The HSN people do not communicate with the Synchrony Bank people. They provide incorrect information, then try to tack on fees. HSN has good products, but unfortunately, I'm parting ways with them. Get some structure people. I wish you well.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Sold defective Amazon fire tablet---HSN had extreme long hold times due to COVID, and finally got ahold via CHAT with Amazon and they told me that the device sold to me by HSN is defective. By time I figured this out, it was past the 90 day warranty and purchase return timeframe, but had it not been COVID, I would have been able to learn that it was defective during the return period. I had been trying to find out the issue with the back facing camera that HSN advertised that the tablet came with, since opening the package, and had no idea it was defective. With COVID, HSN should be working with customers, and HSN should go back to their vendor that they purchased the defective product. Apparently others have had similar issues as can find reviews about this same issue online. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HSN--VERY SHADY PRACTICES AND DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Got a fraud alert on my debit card last night about charges that I did not make. 3 charges were made yesterday for a total of roughly 250.00. Just got back from the bank and it's all straightened out. But here is what's suspicious to me, and in my opinion is how this happened. I purchased a home air purifier on HSN (home shopping network)on Monday. It was delivered yesterday, the same day as the fraudulent charges. I have not used my debit card at all for two weeks prior to my purchase on HSN. So in my opinion this fraud occurred because I did business on HSN. I believe had I not done business on HSN this fraud would have never occurred. This was the first time I have ever ordered from them and it will be my last time. I am making this post to warn people. Don't buy from or trust HSN or this may happen to you too!!!

Original review: March 11, 2021

Yesterday I ordered a Bose Wave IV system paying in full through a verified PayPal account hooked to my bank account. PayPal pulled from my account and notified HSN that the funds were available. After this HSN cancelled my order. I called to find out why and I was told there was a verification issue. They had my email, my address and my phone number, yet never attempted to verify anything with me. They had not released my money with PayPal. They wanted me to speak with verification. I said no, but I want my money back. She claimed to release it and it would be available in 72 hours. This is not done by reputable companies.

Note that the product is just over half of what it is anywhere else. They cancelled the order, but never released the funds back to me until I called. I don't think they have a quantity sufficient to meet the orders they have and I have doubts that product is not refurbished. I told them I would be contacting the NYS AG and recommend others that have problems with this company notify their state AG. There are multiple signs of fraud. I will never order anything through HSN again. And until I get my money back, I can't order from anyone else. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We ordered a recumbent exercise bike two weeks ago for a delivery date for Feb. 5th. I was checking order status and the order wasn't found on their website. I contacted customer support, but the line immediately disconnected after several attempts. I began a chat session. While they found my order, the rep. advised me there was an unexpected order delay. No reason or no ETA. The rep. said they escalated to management, but wouldn't even offer me any time frame. She said, unfortunately, they won't respond until the item is available. I told them that what's unfortunate, is they lost a customer. I canceled the order and found the exact bike on a competitor's site that was $30 bucks cheaper. HSN's customer service is horrible. They will not contact or update your order status. Instead, they feel letting the customer hang indefinitely is acceptable, which is not. Avoid shopping here!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Some of the worst customer service. They cannot answer a simple question. I placed an online order #**. The next day I received an email that my order was cancelled. Within the email it said I made 2 purchases when I only made one. I originally spoke with their customer service rep Susan T who said that my order was cancelled because I used FlexPay & the item didn't qualify for it. I alerted her that I didn't use flex pay & that I paid for the item in full. I then looked into my bank account to see that there were 3 separate charges from HSN. Susan told me that I would have to call the verification department. I did so & got the really rude Lisa who talked over me & after I questioned as to why she wanted my home address, she would not help me any further.

There was no need for it since I used my business card that is linked to my name & business address. This is my primary card & I use this card with just about every one of my purchases with other business'. So this business should be no different. I also use this address since I'm here all day & would rather have my deliveries come here rather than sit in front of my house all day. I even clicked the area that said the address was a business address. The nasty Lisa would only say that I would have to talk with customer service since I was unwilling to answer her questions. Meanwhile customer service told me I had to call the verification department. I was just asking why she needed my home address. Either way the call was abruptly ended.

I then called customer service again & spoke with a supervisor who again could not answer as to why I was charged for 2 items when I only ordered 1. Nor could she explain why I had 3 separate charges on my bank account. She released the funds, but now I have to wait for the 3 separate changes to clear up in my bank account which could take 3 to 5 business days. So I have to wait for my money on something that was their error. Either way, this was my first & last time ever ordering something from this company. Never again. With service like this, I'd be better off paying more someplace else. At Least then I wouldn't have to play 20 questions after using my own business card.

HSN Company Information